Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: 00Carter  (Read 51925 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 00Carter
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »

Yeah, I think I will, if you guys think I should LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

Why wouldn't I think you should? lmao
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2008, 04:03:04 PM »

I dunno LOL.  Just checking.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »

If you didn't post it, I may be a twinge sad. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »

Aww... well I will definitely post it then! :)
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »

Excellent. lol
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2021, 09:17:22 PM »

I am resurrecting a thread last updated in 2008 to continue the 00Carter revival conversation, so we don't completely hijack the writing thread.  Seemed like a better idea than starting a brand new thread, since we already have several devoted to 00Carter, much to the annoyance of others here I'm sure.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2021, 09:31:37 PM »

I could definitely do a reread earlier than a jump in. I think end of May would be perfect for me for starting unless the reread let to something really concrete/electric. I'd leave the reread deciding to Rose, because I could do it most any weekend after I finish my PBox edit, but not sure if she prefers certain days over others.

Same here.  If Rose is on board, it would be fun to do a reread and have some conversations to refresh our memory and do some planning so that when we're ready to start writing, we're on the same page.  I could do that any time.  Weekends are obviously best for me too, but depending on what nights Rose has off, I could do like a random Thursday night or something too as long as it doesn't go too late.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2021, 09:34:35 PM »

I am resurrecting a thread last updated in 2008 to continue the 00Carter revival conversation, so we don't completely hijack the writing thread.  Seemed like a better idea than starting a brand new thread, since we already have several devoted to 00Carter, much to the JOY of others here I'm sure.

Fixed it for you.

Oh, the moonwalking penguins! I miss them. Rose, didn't I send you a penguin? Do you still have that?
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2021, 09:36:12 PM »

Same here.  If Rose is on board, it would be fun to do a reread and have some conversations to refresh our memory and do some planning so that when we're ready to start writing, we're on the same page.  I could do that any time.  Weekends are obviously best for me too, but depending on what nights Rose has off, I could do like a random Thursday night or something too as long as it doesn't go too late.

The right weeknight wouldn't be the worst. Though I worry this will seep into insomnia of old territory, haha.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »

Fixed it for you.

Oh, the moonwalking penguins! I miss them. Rose, didn't I send you a penguin? Do you still have that?

LOL Love it!

The right weeknight wouldn't be the worst. Though I worry this will seep into insomnia of old territory, haha.

Yes, you are probably very right.  Plus, if we do end up doing a live reading/chat, I would love to be able to drink while we do that LOL.  Or at least consume copious amounts of caffeine like I used to.  Hopefully we can find a Friday or Saturday night that Rose has off.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2021, 09:45:41 PM »

I don't think this is linked anywhere on the actual 00Carter website, but I found the moonwalking penguin animation! http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/00carter/moonwalkingpenguin.html  You'll have to enable Flash to get it to play.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2021, 09:47:01 PM »

Yes, you are probably very right.  Plus, if we do end up doing a live reading/chat, I would love to be able to drink while we do that LOL.  Or at least consume copious amounts of caffeine like I used to.  Hopefully we can find a Friday or Saturday night that Rose has off.

Same, beverages and shenanigans!
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2021, 10:51:12 PM »

I am absolutely on board though I'd have to find a day I'm off that works for you guys LOL.

Yeah, I think we just need to go into it without any big expectations and the understanding that we're all adults with real life responsibiliti es and other projects that we also want to make time for.  I think what allowed Rose and me to finally finish Song for the Undead, even though it took us like 7 years, was that we were more patient with each other than we were with 00Carter.  We started off strong with Undead, but then real life got in the way for both of us, and we slowed down.  We both wrote other stories in the meantime, but we kept coming back to Undead with the understanding that we were going to finish it eventually.  If we have the same mindset for 00Carter, I think it will help.

What I like about collabs is it keeps me in check in that I remember I have others I'm answering to. You know? So knowing I'd have you guys waiting for me then I'd be more on the ball.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »

I am absolutely on board though I'd have to find a day I'm off that works for you guys LOL.

What I like about collabs is it keeps me in check in that I remember I have others I'm answering to. You know? So knowing I'd have you guys waiting for me then I'd be more on the ball.

^Couldn't do the guilt again, so same! (I mean this in a positive way, but I'm realizing it comes off fairly negative. I'm trying to reframe it as learning and growing, I guess is more what I mean.)

How's this plan sound: I finish my PBox edit (in the next few weeks, but I won't commit to a third project before that's finished), then you look at your calendar and send us a doodle poll with the days that are good for you and we can pick that way.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13