I Got You Part II by Ozbsbgirl
Summary: Things have changed for Brianna and Nick since the tour started. Did Alex do the wrong thing, thinking that Brianna be with Nick?
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter, Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Nick, Other
Genres: Drama, Suspense
Warnings: Graphic Violence, Violence
Challenges:
Series: I Got You
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 24682 Read: 31568 Published: 02/12/10 Updated: 02/26/10

1. Chapter 1 by Ozbsbgirl

2. Chapter 2 by Ozbsbgirl

3. Chapter 3 by Ozbsbgirl

4. Chapter 4 by Ozbsbgirl

5. Chapter 5 by Ozbsbgirl

6. Chapter 6 by Ozbsbgirl

7. Chapter 7 by Ozbsbgirl

8. Chapter 8 by Ozbsbgirl

9. Chapter 9 by Ozbsbgirl

10. Chapter 10 by Ozbsbgirl

11. Chapter 11 by Ozbsbgirl

12. Chapter 12 by Ozbsbgirl

13. Chapter 13 by Ozbsbgirl

14. Chapter 14 by Ozbsbgirl

15. Chapter 15 by Ozbsbgirl

16. Chapter 16 by Ozbsbgirl

17. Chapter 17 by Ozbsbgirl

18. Chapter 18 by Ozbsbgirl

19. Chapter 19 by Ozbsbgirl

20. Chapter 20 by Ozbsbgirl

21. Chapter 21 by Ozbsbgirl

22. Chapter 22 by Ozbsbgirl

23. Chapter 23 by Ozbsbgirl

24. Chapter 24 by Ozbsbgirl

25. Chapter 25 by Ozbsbgirl

26. Chapter 26 by Ozbsbgirl

27. Chapter 27 by Ozbsbgirl

Chapter 1 by Ozbsbgirl
A year had gone by. The world tour finished a few weeks and were taking extended time off so they could all work on their solo projects. Alex and Karen had welcome their son Jason into the world and was just about to celebrate his first birthday. Howie and Leigh were happy with their lives, Leigh setting up her own small business as a financial advisor. Brian wanted to do another album, Leighanne working on Wylee and working with Brian. As for Brianna and Nick, things were estranged but they weren’t letting it show to anyone. Brianna’s career as a singer was on hold but she was happy to be song writing and getting an income through that, occasionally working with Leighanne for a while.

Nick and Mark were out in the backyard with Scruffy – Mark’s dog that Nick’s bought him when they got back from the tour. Brianna and Nick were fine as a couple but there was one topic that wouldn’t be mentioned in front of no one, having another child. Nick was wanting to have a child with Brianna but she didn’t want to. She wasn’t ready. Also, she really couldn’t. But she didn’t tell anyone. Not even Alex knew and she told him everything. Nick was teaching Mark about football and was showing him on how to tackle, Scruffy trying to get into the middle of them.

“Mark, bed time!” Brianna called out.
“Aw Mommy!” He called back.
“Sun’s going to sleep soon and so should you.” Brianna told him.
“Ooooh, I always hated that excuse.” Nick commented.
“Shut up you!” Brianna laughed.
“But it’s not asleep yet.” Mark asked.
“It’s getting ready for bed, having its bath, brushing its teeth, putting its pyjamas on...” Brianna said.
“The sun doesn’t do that silly.” Mark giggled.
“Tell you what, you have your bath alright and we’ll watch some football together.” Nick suggested.
“YAY!” Mark cheered running inside.
“Nick, what have you done?” Brianna asked.
“You always know after his bath and is ready for bed and when he starts to watch TV he falls asleep.” Nick replied.
“But I ALWAYS KNOW it doesn’t work. Remember Sydney?” Brianna reminded him.
“We just landed there from here. He was bound to be awake all night, he slept all flight.” Nick said.
“Whatever. Just go and run his bath alright, we’ll be there in a bit.” Brianna told him as she went up the stairs to Mark’s room, Scruffy walking behind him.

Once Mark eventually went to sleep, Brianna and Nick talked about what Nick wanted to do while he was on vacation. Nick wanted to spend time with his friends in California and also in Florida as well. The way Nick was talking, it was sounding as though Brianna and Mark weren’t going to go. Brianna did give Nick allowances and stuff letting him live the single life a little bit because of being so busy with the band but pulled him in line every so often.

“I was talking to Andy today and he was thinking about us guys go away camping for the weekend. Kelly is working her ass off and isn’t seeing much of her, so thinking of going away with him.” Nick stated.
“Where to?” Brianna asked as she tidied the kitchen up.
“See where the high road takes us. We always do this. Haven’t done it for a while.” Nick replied.
“That’s alright.” Brianna said.
“Yeah also Chris was saying earlier that Jason’s getting married in a couple of weeks and that he wants to go away for a week with the boys. One long buck’s party, think Chris was saying that Jason was wanting it in like Miami or something.” Nick laughed.
“Jason does seem to be the wild one out of the Florida crew.” Brianna remarked.
“Awww, I wouldn’t say that. I would say that Scotty is, but hey, look at him. Got 2 kids and another due in a month.” Nick replied.
“What else do you have planned?” Brianna asked.
“Just see what happens I guess. It is the summer after all. Anything happens in summer.” Nick replied.
“Oh alright.” Brianna said.
“What?” Nick asked as he stood opposite her at the kitchen bench, Brianna wiping it down with a cloth.
“You got no plans for us? Just see what happens are we in are we?” Brianna replied.
“Well we have been back a few weeks and you haven’t mentioned anything either. You haven’t said what you wanted to do.” Nick retorted back.
“You know what I am doing, spending time with my son. We’ve been back from tour for 3 weeks now and all you have been doing is being with your friends. You haven’t wanted to spend some time with us here at home. You are gone majority of the day. It’s a good think Mark is used to you working long hours and all. Least I don’t have to try and find excuses.” Brianna replied.
“Well I am sorry that I am spending so much time with my friends. I haven’t seen them in like forever. I’ll just throw away the keys to the car and house and lock the doors shall I? Be a prisoner here and spend time with you and Mark.” Nick smartly said.
“I’m sorry we are an inconvenience to you.” Brianna replied as she stormed upstairs to their bedroom.

“Bri, come on, open the door. Let’s talk about this.” Nick pleaded knocking on the door.
“Now you want to talk?” Brianna asked.
“What is it with you?” Nick snapped.
“My problem is with you. Yes you.” Brianna replied opening the door, walking past Nick going down the stairs.
“Me? What about me?” Nick asked running after her.
“While on tour you said you wanted to have a child with me. Nick, you have hardly paid attention to Mark since we have been back and me for that matter. Towards the end of the tour, I know we were all tired and cranky and just wanting the tour to be over but it was a bit much. Not touching me, nothing, only when out in public when people would be wanting it. I have had no affection, real affection from you in so long.” Brianna blurted out.
“Only because when I said I wanted a child with you, and you told me you weren’t ready you went shifty on me so I thought stuff you.” Nick yelled.
“Did it occur to you to ask why and stuff?” Brianna asked.
“I wasn’t going to push it further when you said you weren’t ready.” Nick replied.
“So you thought you would turn the other cheek. Great, thanks!” Brianna replied.
“Bri, come on.” Nick said.
“Nick, no. I can’t do this. I can’t. I’m taking Mark and we are going now.” Brianna snapped racing up the stairs to get Mark out of his bed and get him in the car. Nick tried to get words out but she wouldn’t let him.

In the car, Mark sound asleep in the backseat, she turned left when she got to the end of the driveway. She didn’t know where she would end up. One place she didn’t want to be, at their place.
Chapter 2 by Ozbsbgirl
Waking up next morning in the bed next to Mark sound asleep, Brianna thought to herself where she was. Focusing her eyes, she realised she was at a hotel in Santa Monica. She turned on her blackberry and checked her messages. She had voicemail, email, blackberry messengers, even tweets. Few from Nick on each but one from Aaron startled her.

“Call me back urgently.” He said with concern in his voice. She immediately called back.
“Aaron what’s wrong?” Brianna asked.
“I don’t want to alarm you but I found out just now that Mom has gone on the wall path again. She has gone out and sold her story to a magazine company saying she doesn’t approve of you and Nick together. Thinks he is only with you as he is going through a phase at the moment.” Aaron explained.
“Who did you hear this from?” Brianna asked.
“Leslie. She was talking to Mom last night and she just told me. Story is out today apparently. I’ve been trying to call Nick but only get his answering machine.” Aaron replied.
“Don’t you worry about that. I’ll let Nick know. Thanks for telling me.” Brianna said.
“I would have told you sooner but I had my phone off last night and turned it on a while ago and your phone was off.” Aaron apologised.
“Aaron, it’s ok. We can deal with it.” Brianna told him.
“Have any idea where Nick will be?” Aaron asked.
“You know Nick. When he aint working and all he can be anywhere.” Brianna chuckled.
“Yeah doofus should be with you.” Aaron replied.
“I wish!” Brianna laughed.
“How Marky doing?” Aaron asked.
“Angelic at the moment.” Brianna replied.
“Asleep huh?” He guessed.
“Got it in one.” She replied.

After getting off the phone call from Aaron, Mark woke up wanting breakfast. “How about we treat ourselves hey?” Brianna asked him. Mark was confused on where he was as when he went to bed, he was in his own bed and was in a hotel bed. Getting dressed they went downstairs to the lobby for breakfast and sat near the window looking at the beach view they had, away from the public.
“We seeing Nick today?” Mark asked.
“Nick might be busy today, see what happens hey? Finish your breakfast and we’ll go back to the room, get our stuff and we’ll see what fun we can get up to hey?” Brianna suggested.
“Alright!” He cheered.

Back in the hotel room Mark watched some TV while Brianna was on the phone.
“Leigh, it’s Bri. Sorry to call so early but can Mark and I come over later today?” Brianna asked.
“What’s wrong sweetie?” Leighanne asked.
“Don’t want to say on here but is it alright if we come over? I know your busy and all.” Brianna said.
“Come over now if you want. Baylee is asking for Mark.” Leighanne replied.
“Inseparable them two.” Brianna laughed.
“Come over now. Brian’s out at the moment and Baylee is outside playing with the dogs.” She told her.

Half an hour later, Mark ran into Brian and Leighanne’s place, Brianna unable to stop Mark to tell him to not run in the house. “Kids.” Leighanne laughed.
“They don’t stop do they? Always on the go.” Brianna said.
“True, very true. Hun, what’s wrong?” Leighanne asked as they sat down in the kitchen keeping an eye on the boys.
“Nick and I had an argument last night. He was going on, on what plans he had with his friends while the guys are on break. I asked what he had planned for Mark and I, he didn’t really have any. Just in the ‘we’ll see category’.” Brianna told Leighanne.
“That’s not like Nick.” She commented.
“He hasn’t spent much time with Mark. Mark is believing the ‘he’s at work’ story. I hate lying to him. What am I meant to do?” Brianna said.
“Sounds like there is something else?” Leighanne guessed.
“When he told me he wanted to start trying to have a child with me, I told him I wasn’t ready yet. Ever since then, he hasn’t shown any affection towards me. Everything you see, has all been an act.” Brianna tearfully told her.
“Leigh, can I talk to Bri?” Brian all of a sudden spoke up. Both Brianna and Leighanne were startled. Brian nodded his head for Brianna to go for a walk with him.

“I had thought Nick would have told you this. I told him to tell you.” Brian sighed as they walked outside into the backyard, Baylee running up to Brian.
“What?” Brianna asked alarmed.
“Hey Bay, why don’t you show Mark that new game I got you hey? The one with the basketball noises hey?” Brian suggested to Baylee. Baylee and Mark ran off inside.
“Brian, what is it?” Brianna demanded.
“Without saying too much, I think you better talk to Nick. Leave Mark here and talk to Nick. I know what it is, he told me after I caught him out but you should talk to him.” Brian told her.
“Caught him out?” Brianna repeated.
“Go and talk to Nick hey?” Brian said. “He’s home.” Brian added.
Chapter 3 by Ozbsbgirl
When Brianna walked inside, she found Nick sitting on the edge of their bed his head buried in his hands. “Hey.” Brianna said.
“Hey.” Nick quietly replied bringing his head back up.
“I think you and I need to have a talk.” Brianna stated.
“Where’s Mark?” Nick asked.
“He’s fine, with someone at the moment.” Brianna replied.
“Brian’s?” Nick guessed.
“Let’s talk about us alright.” Brianna sighed wanting to change subject.

“Bri, I am so sorry for treating you like shit these past few months.” Nick began to apologise.
“Like shit? I have been treated like shit before, this is the lowest of the lows.” Brianna replied.
“When you told me you weren’t ready for another child when I mentioned it, I didn’t know how to react. I was shocked. I thought you were ready. Before I met you I wasn’t the guy who wanted to get married and have a family but you changed that for me. I know I have been slack on with the wedding organising stuff but I want to be apart of it.” Nick began to explain.
“Mmmmhmmm, yeah.” Brianna murmured.
“When I was talking to Melissa about Mark when you were busy with something, we got talking.” Nick continued.
“No, no, no. Please don’t tell me you slept with Melissa.” Brianna cried.
“I tried to be with you but you kept backing away. I didn’t mean it. I didn’t want it to happen but it did. I tried...” Nick said.
“But you still did. HOW COULD YOU!” She outburst.
“Bri, I don’t know. I don’t know. I’m so sorry. This is one of the stupidest things I have ever done.” Nick stressed out.
“How many times? How many times have you been with her?” Brianna demanded.
“It’s not what you think.” Nick yelled at her.
“How many times Nick? Once? More than once?” She asked.
“More than once.” Nick quietly replied turning his head away from her.
“How many times?” Brianna cried.
“4.” Nick replied.
“WHY? WHY? NICK!” Brianna shrieked.
“I’m sorry. I am so damn sorry.” Nick said.
“Save it. I don’t wanna hear it.” Brianna cried running down the stairs.
“BRI!” Nick called chasing after her.
“Don’t touch me. Don’t call me, nothing.” She told him running out the door.

Back at Brian and Leighanne’s, Brian was waiting out the front for her.
“The Nanny!” She cried to Brian.
“I’m so sorry.” Brian apologised hugging her.
“How long had you known?” Brianna tearfully asked Brian.
“At the end of the tour. Last night of.” He replied.
“Anyone else know?” She asked.
“No.” Brian replied.
“I’ll just get Mark and we’ll go somewhere. Sort something out.” Brianna sighed as she let go of Brian’s hug.
“Don’t be silly. You stay here. Actually be doing Leigh and I a favour. We’re going to Atlanta for a couple of weeks to see Leighanne’s parents at the end of the week. We were going to get next door to check on our place and stuff while gone so you have saved us from doing that.” Brian said.
“You sure?” Brianna asked.
“Sure as sure can be. Besides, Baylee has been wanting to have a bunk bed party.” Brian laughed.
“Haha, ok thanks.” Brianna replied, with a small smile.
“That’s my girl. Come on.” Brian smiled as he gave her a hug and then they went inside.

By dinner time, it was known everywhere that Nick and Brianna had broken up. Nick was aware of that article that his mother did and re-iterated that they didn’t split up because of that article. It was for personal reasons.

Getting Mark and Baylee eventually to sleep, Brian in his office working, Leighanne and Brianna came down the staircase as the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” Leighanne said to Brianna.
“What’s he done?” Alex asked at the front door.
“I’ll leave you two to talk.” Leighanne said heading back upstairs.

“What’s he done?” Alex asked again. Brianna explained everything to him on the sofa of what happened with Nick.
“That asshole!” Alex said fuming.
“You can’t go totally blaming Nick Alex.” Brianna said.
“And why not?” Alex asked fuming.
“Please Alex. I know you would want to throttle Nick.” Brianna replied.
“Throttle is just for starters. He had no right.” Alex told her.
“Either way please. We have Mark to think about.” Brianna begged.
“They over stepped the boundary. Nick should have known from the past. I’m just saying.” Alex said.
“I know. Until sort something out, Mark and I are staying here for a couple of weeks while Brian, Leighanne and Baylee are in Atlanta. Mark will ask questions so I will half tell him the truth. We are staying here to look after the place here.” Brianna said.

Before Alex left, he spent some time with Mark and Baylee before he left so the boys could go to sleep.

“Oh yeah, that reminds me. I got a call tonight. The club wants me to do a set for them on Friday night. Interested?” Alex asked as he got into his car.
“Yeah sure. Thanks.” Brianna smiled.
“Come over our place tomorrow and we’ll go through a few songs and stuff.” Alex said as he drove off.
End Notes:
Would be nice to see some ideas for the title of this story. I am stumped for ideas.
Thankyou for reading.
Chapter 4 by Ozbsbgirl
Friday night, Alex and Brianna rocked on up to the club, Leighanne coming along, Brian was a having a boys night once the kids including Alex and Karen’s child had gone to sleep with Howie and Nick and Brian’s brother Harold who was in town watching football. Mark and Nick hadn’t seen each other, Brianna was naturally nervous but Brian assured Brianna that Nick was looking forward to seeing Mark and promised nothing would happen.

“You going to start back doing your sets again?” Alex asked as they were getting ready in one of the rooms.
“Yeah, actually called Robyn today and she said I can start back next Friday night. Only thing is, be just me. No band or anything. Cutbacks.” Brianna replied.
“That’s alright then. Can’t complain with that. Everyone gets to see you with all your talents and all.” Alex said.
“Yeah. Be a new start for me.” Brianna sighed as she finished doing her hair.

Out on stage when Brianna’s name was called, the crowd erupted in applause. Brianna was shocked thinking Alex would get more. The 4 songs Alex performed, Brianna on guitar was ‘Have It All’, ‘London’ ‘Sincerely Yours’ and ended with ‘Shape Of My Heart’ which Brianna joined in on. Sitting back down near the front towards the side of the stage, they joined Leighanne who congratulated them on a great set. Making themselves comfortable, the lights darkened, everyone whispering what was going on. All of a sudden, shivers went up Brianna’s spine.

The piano started...

“Don't wanna close the door,
Don't wanna give up on it
Don't wanna fight no more,
We'll find the way around it
Where's the love we had?...
We can make it last”

At that moment, Leighanne had a text message from Brian. Knowing that people would be looking at her and talking about it, Brianna stayed there til the end, motionless. At the end, when the crowd applauded Nick, Brianna quietly and discreetly left.

“How could he do this to me?” Brianna cried to Leighanne who came out behind out.
“I don’t know. I am trying to get in contact with Brian now.” She told her. Alex then joined them.
“I’m gonna kill him.” Alex muttered.
“Calm down alright.” Leighanne told him.
“BRIANNA.” Nick called out to her.
“Get away from me. What were you thinking?” Brianna shouted at Nick.
“Be careful man.” Alex cut in.
“Piss off will you. This is between Bri and I.” Nick snapped.
“No, you can. I don’t have anything to say to you, yet. Go away before I say something I regret.” Brianna warned him.
“We need to talk.” Nick said.
“Well I don’t. Nick, please. Not now.” Brianna begged.
“But I love you.” Nick pleaded coming up to her, his hands holding onto her arms.
“Nick, let me go. Please.” Brianna asked.
“Let her go Nick.” Alex cut in.
“Didn’t I ask you to piss off?” Nick asked.
“Just don’t hurt her.” Leighanne said.
“I think I have already done that.” Nick replied calming down looking into Brianna’s eyes. Nick knew exactly what to do to make her melt.
“It’s ok.” Brianna finally sighed. Leighanne and Alex got in Alex’s car, Nick and Brianna walking away to where it would be quiet.

“I am not going to say sorry, even though I would like to. I am not going to say it because those words with what I have done to you and Mark would seem meaningless. But what I would like to say is what happened, and why it happened.” Nick began to say.
“Oh I want a sorry. I want a meaningful sorry. But nothing publically alright. You have to mean it Nick.” Brianna told her.
“I meant every word when I was on stage before, I mean everything now. I am sorry. Since you and Mark left the other day my life has been in shambles. I can’t do anything. I need you.” Nick pleaded.
“I admit, your Mother doesn’t exactly have perfect timing, I will give you that one.” Brianna muttered, her right foot kicking a stone, looking down at it.
“I didn’t want for this to happen. To us. Did I say something wrong to make this go wrong?” Nick asked.
“It’s part me, part you but you weren’t to know. What I did lead you to do what you did.” Brianna sighed.
“What do you mean? I don’t follow.” He asked coming closer to her.
“I don’t want to talk about it in public. Can we go to the studio and talk? Neutral territory?” Brianna replied.
“Yeah ok.” Nick agreed.
“I’ll just go and tell Alex and Leighanne.” Brianna said.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the studio, in Nick’s car, much to Alex’s disgust. He was happy to drive Brianna there and both he and Leighanne wanted to wait downstairs for her, regardless how long it took.

“What you want to talk about?” Nick asked as they sat in the relaxation area of the studio on the couch sitting opposite each other on the same couch.
“It’s about me. Something that no one knows, not even Alex.” Brianna replied.
“Not even AJ knows this? Bri, everything ok?” Nick asked.
“I’m fine but not fine in what you were wanting.” Brianna replied.
“Now I am totally confused.” Nick commented.
“Just after I had Mark, Andrew’s parents stayed with me for a couple of months to get me on my feet, give me parenting advice as I had nothing and to get into a routine. A couple of weeks after getting home with Mark, I came down with this sudden pain. It was unbearable. Worse than when I gave birth to Mark, without the drugs! Anyway, getting to the hospital, I started bleeding. Something happened when I gave birth, settled down and just started up again. Next thing I knew I was signing consent forms to say that if need be, do a hysterectomy.” Brianna replied, no emotion from her coming.
“Oh my god. I had no idea. Shit, I’m an asshole.” Nick said.
“Last part I agree with you there.” Brianna smirked.
“Bri, I am so, so, so, so, so sorry. If I had some idea I wouldn’t have brought up the topic or anything. I mean, we were all going so good. I was loving it....” Nick rambled on apologising, squatting on the couch holding her hands looking up at her.
“Hey, hey, it’s ok. You weren’t to know that bit.” Brianna said.
“How did you hide it away from AJ and all? That’s what I wanna know?” Nick asked.
“He always calls me on my cell. If the phone was off, he would know I was sleeping. You were working flat out in the studio and had no time to come over and see me. He did come over the weekend after I had the surgery but was just resting, moving slowly and stuff.” Brianna replied.
“Regardless, I shouldn’t have made a move on Melissa. I guess I was pissed off with the fact that you gave me the brush off and all when I mentioned. I needed to talk to someone and Melissa was there.” Nick said.
“Yeah.” Brianna sighed.
“So what happens now?” He asked still squatting down looking up at her.
“I need time. You did cheat on me, and sleep with the Nanny.” She reminded him.
“I understand. This doesn’t stop me from seeing Mark does it?” Nick asked.
“No. You can see Mark whenever you want. We’re staying at Brian and Leighanne’s for a couple of weeks. I start at the club on Monday night.” Brianna replied.
“Help you out, how about I come over there Monday spend time with him, get him his dinner and all that. Monday night football.” Nick suggested.
“Ok, see how things go.” Brianna replied.

Nick drove Brianna back to Brian and Leighanne’s, everyone still there. “Don’t trust me do they?” Nick sighed.
“They are just concerned. You going to bite the bullet or dodge it?” Brianna asked, with a light chuckle.
“Bite the bullet.” Nick sighed as he turned his car off at the last minute.
“You don’t have to do this.” Brianna said as they walked up the driveway.
“You going to tell them, what you told me?” Nick asked.
“May as well know.” She sighed.

“Guys, you here?” Brianna called out as she and Nick walked inside. Brian peered from the corner of the living room.
“What?” Brian asked.
“Everyone here?” Nick asked putting his hands in his back pockets of his jeans.
“Yeah, come on.” He replied as Brianna and Nick walked in the living room.

“Huh?” They all echoed when they walked in.
“Chill guys, it’s ok.” Brianna told them.
“We are still not together, so your questions can stay where they are.” Nick warned them.
“But I do, we do, have something to tell you.” Brianna interjected. They all sat listening intently to what Brianna was saying, Nick standing behind her towards the right of her. When Brianna told them, all were shocked, didn’t know what to say.

“Bri needs some time, which is understandable about me going behind her and doing what I did.’ Nick said.
“I haven’t forgiven Nick for what he has done, he is fully aware of that. We don’t hate each other or anything like that at all. We just need time apart as a couple. He knows that if he wants to be with me again and Mark he has to gain my trust again.” Brianna explained.
“But at this stage we are remaining friends, mainly for Mark’s sake. This doesn’t and it shouldn’t affect your relationship with us.” Nick continued.
“You gotta do what’s comfortable. I can respect that.” Howie spoke up.
“Make him pay for what he’s done.” Leigh added.
“Don’t take him back straight away.” Karen piped up.
“Hey, ah, I’m still in the room.” Nick said.
Chapter 5 by Ozbsbgirl
Monday afternoon around 4pm, Nick came over to Brian and Leighanne’s where Brianna and Mark were. Brianna was already nervous of starting back at the club and Brianna was extra nervous because Nick and her would in the same house together. With Mark.

Deep inside, Brianna wanted to be with Nick, she wanted to be with him desperately but she had to be responsible and listen to her mind and not make a move, even though Nick did make a few moves but she had to ignore them.

At the club, she went over her material and the music she was going to be performing to for her set. Going through them, her mind got her thinking towards Nick again. Her heart was over taking her mind.

As she was singing her song that she wrote “I don’t know why” she made the decision. She couldn’t hide it any longer. All these months of not being with Nick were taking its toll. In the car, she turned on her car stereo and ‘No One Else Comes Close’ came on. If this was a sign, she was taking it.

Inside, she gently placed her guitar and things at the entry, her guitar leaning against the wall. She had everything planned. She just hoped it would work.

“Hey.” She said as she walked in the living room and saw Nick leaning back on the couch, his Apple Mac on his knee working on some music.
“Hey. How was the show?” Nick asked.
“Went good. Felt weird being on my own without the band and all that. How was Mark?” Brianna replied as she sat next to Nick.
“Yeah it does feel weird the first few times without ya safety net but you’ll be fine. Mark fell asleep at the end of the 1st quarter. Been out ever since.” Nick said, leaning forward to grab the baby monitor. Being in a big place, Brianna wanted a monitor in case Mark needed her and didn’t hear.
“That’s good. I just wanna check in on him. It’s around this time where he has the covers down to his feet.” Brianna replied.
“Want me to do it?” Nick offered.
“Thanks, but I’m right.” Brianna replied going upstairs. She checked in on Mark, pulling the covers, Mark snuggling back down asleep before going back to her room, to change to get into something more comfortable.

“What’s that ya working on?” Brianna asked as she came back downstairs again, Nick about to turn off the computer and place it on the coffee table.
“Just some lyrics for some songs. Yet to work which album it will be on.” Nick replied.
“Wanna show me the lyrics?” Brianna said. Nick turned on the computer again, while waiting for it to load up he grabbed his guitar. Brianna loved sitting up with Nick listening to him play music, and vice versa, when they weren’t playing video games which Brianna always lost at. Nick started to play some music on the guitar before he stopped and started to play ‘Back To Your Heart’.

“If I wasn't such a fool
Right now I'd be holding you
There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
Baby if I only knew
The words to say
The road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do
To get to you
And find a way back to your heart” Nick specifically sang, looking directly into Brianna’s eyes. She stared into his eyes and noticed there was a tear running down his face.

“Come here.” She whispered. Nick placed down the guitar behind the couch, the two of them moved forward to each other, she put her arms around him. The embrace they had showed how much they had missed each other. He looked into her eyes, asking if he could kiss her. She tilted her head back, allowing Nick to kiss her neck. The more passion that was consuming them, the more Brianna wanted more. She backed away, standing up, her hand out for Nick to take hold, going upstairs to her bedroom.

Just before sunrise, Brianna let Nick outside for him to go home, not wanting Mark to see. “No one to know. Between us.” Nick confirmed as he walked out.
“No one to know.” Brianna confirmed, smiling at him. He gave her a peck before going to his car and driving off.
End Notes:
Thankyou to DelphinaCarter for helping me come up with a name.
Chapter 6 by Ozbsbgirl
Going back to bed, knowing that Mark would be in soon wanting breakfast, Brianna thought of what the happened in the last few hours or so. Apart from her and Nick, last night never happened. They were going to start slowly again. In a month it would be their 1 month anniversary of when they became an item. Emotions were highly charged and they didn’t want anyone interfering of what they thought and what they were doing. They talked about their feelings, what needs to be done and where to go from here.

Laying in bed, watching the sunrise come through, Mark ran in and jumped on the bed as he normally did. “Hey champ. How are you?” Brianna said as he cuddled her.
“Good. Nick here?” Mark replied.
“No he’s home. He went home when I got back from my show at the club. I heard you only managed to watch the first quarter.” Brianna said.
“He lied. First quarter and 2 minutes into 2nd quarter.” Mark laughed.
“Oh excuse me, 2 minutes.” Brianna chuckled tickling him.
“What’s for breakfast?” Mark asked.
“How about we have pancakes for breakfast?” Brianna suggested.
“Can we?” Mark asked surprised.
“Sure can. Ice cream, syrup, berries.” Brianna replied.
“YAY!” He shrieked getting off the bed running out of the room.

Once breakfast was done and they were dressed, Mark was in the backyard playing with the dogs when Nick called her.
“What did we say about calling?” She asked quietly not letting Mark hear her on the phone.
“I know, I know, I’m sorry but I had to call you. I wanted to find out if I left my computer there last night?” Nick replied.
“You did and I hid it. All evidence from last night is gone.” Brianna replied.
“Phew! Thank god.” He sighed of relief.
“Why? What’s on it?” Brianna cheekily asked.
“Stuff, what else would be on it?” Nick laughed.
“Oh ha ha, funny.” Brianna said.
“”Stuff I wouldn’t want anyone to see. Secret stuff.” Nick said.
“Oh, Mr Mysterious aren’t we?” Brianna giggled. Nick just laughed.
“Listen, gotta go, Mark’s coming back in.” Brianna said and hung up.

For the rest of the day Mark and Brianna spent the day together at Brian and Leighanne’s spending quality time together. They hadn’t done it for a while and Brianna wanted to try and make things up to him. While she was playing him, her phone rang.

“Hello.” She chuckled answering the phone laying down on the grass, Mark tickling her.
“Hello.” She answered again. Click. “Mmmm.” She thought pressing the red button on her phone to clear the call.
“Who was that Mommy?” Mark asked putting his small arms around her shoulders.
“Don’t know must have been a wrong number. If it’s important they will call back. Now come on, you going to help me with dinner.” Brianna replied getting off the ground.

Inside they cooked dinner and were talking about for when Brian, Leighanne and Baylee arrive home. “We’ll have to find another home soon. Really soon.” She told Mark.
“Can I stay here? Baylee is cool.” Mark asked.
“Sorry sweetie. We need to move out.” Brianna replied.
“Nick will let us stay at his place.” Mark simply told her.
“Honey, you know we can’t stay there. Reason why we moved out.” Brianna said.
“Why?” He asked looking at her. The look he gave her, melted her.
“Because sweetie. Mommy says.” Brianna replied.
“WHY?” He asked.
“I wanna stay at Nick’s!” He said.
“Maybe one day. But not now.” She said.
“But I wanna go to Nick’s.” He whimpered.
“Mark, please!” Brianna begged.
“Aww.” He whined leaving the room.

This put the pressure on Brianna. She only had 1 and half weeks to find a new place on a reasonable budget. She was prepared for anything, she and Mark had that 1 bedroom apartment when he was first born. After she finished dinner and put Mark to bed, she called Alex.

“You busy tomorrow?” She asked him.
“Nope, why?” Alex replied.
“I was wondering if you could look after Mark tomorrow. I need to look at apartments for Mark and I.” Brianna said.
“Actually, seriously and it’s not charity or anything but one of my friends is going away for a few months overseas, tour and stuff for his band and is looking for someone to stay there. Keep an eye on a place.” Alex told her.
“Seriously?” Brianna asked unsure.
“I’m serious. Karen will tell you. She actually brought your name up and mentioned you had Mark and all. Johnny seemed interested.” Alex replied.
“Oh ok, sounds alright.” Brianna answered.
“I’ll pick you and Mark up tomorrow morning, say 9’ish and we’ll go and see the apartment.” Alex suggested.
“Alright, sounds good. Thanks.” Brianna replied.

Settling down for the night, her cell phone beeped.
“DO NOT MOVE IN WITH NICK. HE DOESN’T LOVE YOU. GO AWAY.” The text message read from an unknown number. Brianna looked puzzled. Another beep.
“IF YOU KNOW WHAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU SON, YOU WILL HAVE NO MORE CONTACT WITH NICK. GO AWAY.” Brianna was starting to get spooked now. She spent the entire night, watching Mark sleep so soundly and innocently thinking about the text message.

When Brianna and Alex were looking through Johnny’s apartment, she went around looking dazed. “You alright?” Alex whispered.
“Mmm, oh yeah fine.” Brianna replied startled.
“Don’t look fine.” He commented.
“I am fine seriously. Just a rough night with Mark.” She lied.
“He alright?” Alex asked.
“He wants to move back in with Nick. I am telling him no.” Brianna replied.
“Ouch! That’s gotta bite.” He said.
“Tell me about it.” Brianna sighed as she went to look in the bedrooms.

As she entered one of the bedrooms on her own, she got another text message.
“THIS ISN’T WHAT I MEANT. LOSE ALL CONTACT WITH NICK, EVEN HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY.” It read. Her phone then rang.
“I MEAN IT.” The unfamiliar voice told her as she answered the phone.
“What was that?” Alex asked standing behind her.
“Shit Alex, gimme a heart attack why don’t you?” Brianna said catching her breath.
“What’s going on Bri? You’ve been all quiet all morning, watching Mark like a hawk?” Alex asked.
“It’s nothing. Don’t worry.” Brianna replied.
“Let me be the judge of that.” He said grabbing Brianna’s phone.

“BRI!” He shrieked.
“It’s probably some fan who is wanting to be with Nick.” She shrugged.
“This is serious Bri. We gotta go to the cops!” Alex freaked.
“Calm down alright.” Brianna said.
“No way. Come on, we’re going to the cops. Leave Mark with Karen, and we’re going to the cops. You’ve had death threats.” Alex shrieked quietly. They walked out of the apartment, Alex holding Mark, walking closely to Brianna to the car.

“I think you are over reacting.” Brianna commented.
“No I am not.” Alex replied sternly. From this moment, Brianna and Mark’s life would never be the same again.
Chapter 7 by Ozbsbgirl
At the local police station, Brianna and Alex waited for a police officer to help them.
“I think you are over reacting.” Brianna shrugged.
“When it’s against your son? It seems as though they were watching you.” Alex reminded her.
“I haven’t had any since then have I?” Brianna asked him.
“No, but that’s because I have your phone.” Alex replied.
“Damn you Alex.” Brianna said muttered.
“I’m sorry. I just care for you too much.” Alex told her.
“I do too.” Brianna sighed.
“Listen, if I am proved to be wrong, I will make a public apology. I will do something that I hate. I will do whatever you want me to.” He suggested.
“Deal.” Brianna replied as a police officer came up to them.

Inside the interview room Brianna explained to the officer the SMS’ and the couple of phone calls Brianna had received. “Has there been anymore since?” Detective Vince Mertz asked.
“After I heard the last one, I took her phone and we came here after dropping her son at my house with my fiancé.” Alex replied getting Brianna’s phone out of his jacket inside pocket handing it to Detective Mertz.
“Does this have a pin number?” He asked Brianna.
“No.” Brianna replied embarrassed.
“I would suggest from now on you would.” Vince suggested as he listened to the old messages and then the new ones that had come through then read the SMS’.

“Well?” Alex asked.
“There definitely is a threat there. What relationship do you have with Nick Carter?” Vince asked Brianna.
“Nick is a close friend. We were engaged but we broke up a couple of weeks ago. We have been together for almost a year. He’s almost like another Dad for my son, 4 years old next month.” Brianna replied.
“Close friend?” Alex remarked.
“Yeah course.” Brianna replied shocked that he would say something like that.
“Could there be anyone trying to harm the relationship you can think of?” Vince asked.
“No none. “ Brianna replied confidently.
“Would about his Mom?” Alex asked Brianna.
“I know she can be cruel, but she wouldn’t go down this low.” Brianna replied.
“His mother?” Vince asked.
“Yeah, his Mom. Has been involved with the law a few times.” Alex spoke up.
“She wouldn’t do this.” Brianna reiterated. At that moment, the phone rang, moving on the table with the vibrations.

“Hello.” Brianna answered calmly.
“I know where you are Brianna. Naturally that would be the first place you would go to. We are watching you now even more closely. Remember what you were told. Leave everyone alone.” The caller said and hung up.
“Well what now?” Alex asked worried.
“All we can do at the moment is tap her calls, change her number, screen calls and just get you to take extra precautions when being seen in public.” Detective Mertz answered.
“You are kidding me? She’s got a almost 4 year old child! She’s got threats.” Alex outraged.
“I’m sorry but that’s all we can do.” Vince tried to apologise.
“We’ll have to do what we can get. Take things cautiously.” Brianna replied.

As they left the interview room, Alex got his phone and dialled a number.
“What you doing?” She asked him.
“I’m calling security, gonna get Mark to a safe place and meet you there.” Alex insisted.
“You’re gonna scare him. You saw how he was on tour when with security. He freaked out. Now he is on his own.” She told him.
“Well we are going to get you to a safe place now. Tell you what. I take you there, go and get Mark, meanwhile talking to me on the phone all the time, and bring him back to where I am taking you. Then I will get your stuff from Brian’s for you.” Alex suggested.
“You won’t take no for an answer will you?” Brianna asked.
“Nope. Come on.” Alex replied as he put his arms around Brianna to protect her.
End Notes:
Wanting to do something different to this story so with the help of DelphinaCarter I am changing this a little bit. Please let me know what you think.
Chapter 8 by Ozbsbgirl
Alex took Brianna to the Chateau Marmont hotel in Los Angeles. It was a 5 star hotel that dealt with celebrities all the time and held the strictest security so Brianna and Mark would be safe. When they arrived at the hotel, one of the band’s security guard was there, James ready and waiting for them.
“Please?” Alex begged Brianna. Alex and Brianna entered the hotel room, James standing guard outside.

An hour later, Alex arrived with Mark. “This our new home?” Mark asked Brianna.
“For the time being. Uncle Alex is letting us stay here.” Brianna told Mark.
“WOW!” Mark marvelled.
“Check out the big screen TV in the bedroom.” Alex said as he lead Mark into the bedroom where he and Brianna would be sleeping.
“Cool!” Mark exclaimed.
“You watch the TV while I talk to your Mom alright.” Alex told Mark.

“Alright, we got James on shift for a few hours. I’m going to organise security for a while for you standing outside the room. The only ones that will be allowed in here is me, the guys and fams, Detective Mertz if he wakes up and security with the cleaners here. That’s it. If you need to go out, which won’t be much you will have security with you. Even in bathrooms.” Alex instructed.
“Fine.” Brianna replied knowing she wouldn’t have a say in the matter.
“Ok, well I will get going, I’m gonna head home and do some calls, I’m only 20 minutes away. I’ll be back later.” He told her.
“Oh wait, what you going to tell everyone?” Brianna asked.
“The truth. It will come out eventually.” Alex replied.
“Oh.” Brianna replied.
“It will be alright. Just let this thing calm down a while. It’s not forever.” Alex tried to reassure her.

With Alex gone, there wasn’t much Brianna could do but go into the bedroom and watch TV with Mark. She was going to go insane with no real contact with the outside world and trying to keep Mark entertained for however long they would be trapped in the room. She had ideas inside on what she could do. Mark would certainly need toys and everything a kid would need in a home, Brianna would write music and she would have her guitar.

Phone calls were limited and they were to go through Alex. He wasn’t taking any chances on Brianna’s phone in case she was being tapped and the phone calls that would be private would be listened in on her phone.

Three weeks had gone by and the calls were still coming in. The threats. Detective Mertz was taking involvement more and spent time with Brianna with the phone calls. Brianna was going insane by the day. Mark was getting irritable and wanting to play outside more than what he was allowed. If there were any place where Mark would be safe it would be at Nick’s. He had high fences with electronic surveillance. To gain entry you had to be buzzed in.

Brianna had it all planned out. She didn’t want Mark to be cooped up anymore. It was depriving him of his childhood. Nick was visiting Mark which Alex agreed to. She had a bag packed for Mark to give to Nick.

While Mark was playing with Nick on the Playstation, Nick bought Mark for his birthday, Brianna brought the bag out. “Hold it there will you. Back in a sec.” He told Mark as he pressed paused on his controller and got off the floor and walking over to Brianna.

“What you doing?” He asked Brianna cornering her.
“Mark is going home with you. He can’t stay here. He needs room to move around, he needs to be free. He isn’t that while he is here.” Brianna told him.
“Bri, your being ridiculous. You know what’s going on. Mark coming home with me is the worst thing ever. That’s what these people want you to do. You are letting them win whoever they are.” Nick said.
“But you have the security. You are like a father to Mark. You would protect him.” She begged.
“Yes but...” Nick stammered.
“Nick, please. I have done nothing but think about this for 3 weeks. I’ve had nothing else to do for the three weeks. Mark is 4 next week. I want Mark to be with you. He belongs with you. He idolises you.” Brianna went on.
“Just take a deep breath. Come on. In and out.” He instructed her too.
“Nick, don’t do this to me. Just take Mark will you. Three weeks cooped up in a hotel is no way for a child.” Brianna begged.
“I bet AJ doesn’t know any of this.” Nick stated.
“Nick? Please! I am begging you.” Brianna cried.
“No. I’m sorry Bri but I won’t. I won’t let these people win. I care for you and Mark too much to jeopardise your lives. I know this is tough but you have to stay here. You both do.” Nick told her.
“May as well put me in a jail cell and throw away the key. This is what it’s like. I can’t do nothing without permission. As much as I love and appreciate what Alex is doing for us but I need something else. Karen is even cooking us meals because Alex doesn’t trust the hotel. I can’t breathe without security knowing. Any kind of sound that is out of the ordinary, there is a knock at the door.” Brianna said.
“You try doing this.” Brianna shrieked trying to be quiet not letting onto Mark.
“I’ll call AJ and see if we can get you to a new hotel, somewhere outta LA?” Nick suggested.
“No, no, no.” Brianna cried.
“Bri.” Nick said.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Brianna cried opening the door and running through the fire exit door next to their room.

Brianna ran down the 3 flights of stairs from the floor she was on, down to the lobby and made a quick exit for the street. She ran and she ran til she could run no more, catching her breath in a side street. She could hear through all the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles people calling out for her, voices she knew but she didn’t answer. She needed to be free.

Somehow she managed to get to Sunset Boulevard’s main strip. Her head down, the hoodie on her jacket on her head, hands in the jackets pockets she began to cross the road with the other pedestrians. Brianna walked behind the rest of the pedestrians being one of the last waiting to cross the road. As Los Angeles was traffic was horrible, it wasn’t uncommon for vehicles to stop right in front of people. A black van pulled up, slid open the door and two masked people in black, reached out and grabbed Brianna, sliding the door and tapping on the van for the driver to drive on. Brianna screamed but she was stopped by a sock being put in her mouth.
End Notes:
Thankyou very much to DelphinaCarter for helping me with this!
Chapter 9 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Again, very special thanks to DelphinaCarter for this. She rocks! Her fan fic is awesome too!
“What do you mean she escaped? What do you mean she’s gone?” Alex freaked out when Ben one of the security guards called him.
“One second she was here, the next she was gone. I swear man, by the time I got down the stairs charged after her she was gone. I lost her in the crowd.” Ben told him.
“What kind of a fuck wit are you huh? You are meant to be the best man!” Alex yelled at him.
“I’ve called the cops and they are on their way here now.” Ben told him.
“Oh fuck Ben, this isn’t good. You know the situation.” Alex replied.
“In the blink of an eye she was gone. I tell ya!” Ben said.
“What about Mark? Where’s he?” Alex asked.
“He’s here in the room with Nick. He doesn’t know what’s going on, Mark that is.” Ben replied.
“I’m on my way. Keep Nick there. Fuck.” Alex replied getting off the phone.

“Honey what’s wrong?” Karen asked Alex the moment he got off the phone.
“It’s Brianna. I can’t stay and tell you. I gotta go.” Alex replied angry and upset at the time. He pecked her on the cheek and ran out the door, Jason standing next to Karen waving goodbye to his father. That 20 minute drive felt like 20 hours.

Detective Mertz met Alex with the police at the hotel room. “How on earth?” Alex asked.
“We don’t know man.” Ben said.
“What exactly happened? From the beginning?” Detective Mertz asked. Nick explained how Brianna was feeling, what she was doing and then she left. Ben then explained what he saw.
“I was thinking the same thing, changing hotels. Change of scenery, etc.” Alex commented.
“Changing would have been best. Changing at irregular times and locations would have made things difficult for someone following and threatening Brianna.” Vince stated.
“NOW you admit it. Why didn’t you admit all these weeks ago? Alex outraged. At that moment, a door knocked, a uniform police officer went to the door to check who it was. Another uniform police officer walked in.
“Detective Mertz? A word?” This tall woman spoke signalling for him to come over to her. Alex and Nick looked puzzled, meanwhile watching Mark who was now in the bedroom asleep from being bored.

“We have an update and it’s not good.” Vince said.
“What?” Nick asked worried, fear in his voice.
“A few blocks away on Sunset there has been reports of a kidnapping with a woman of Brianna’s description. Can one of you confirm what she was wearing today?” Vince replied.
“Um, oh fuck, sorry. Um, green hoodie, black jeans, black sneakers.” Nick answered vaguely. Detective Mertz went over to the female officer, and making small nods.
“I’m afraid we have to believe it’s her. We have teams working on this right away.” Vince confirmed.
“No!” Alex and Nick shrieked. Nick had to move back a few paces to sit down.
“What about Mark?” Alex asked.
“Nick, did Brianna say anything to you about Mark?” Vince asked.
“Only to say that she trusted me with him as I have the security at my place.” Nick managed to reply but then broke into tears.

“I gotta let everyone know.” Alex sighed.
“We have media alerts going out now.” Vince told Alex.
“Oh shit, Brian!” Nick freaked out.
“We gotta do it man. We gotta tell them,” Alex said as he grabbed his phone to call Karen.

Within the hour, everyone was in the hotel conference room, Brian by phone. Naturally everyone was shocked and upset about Brianna and everything that they didn’t know on. Brian, Leighanne and Baylee were home later that night.

For the rest of the night, police interviewed everyone about Brianna’s personality, any enemies that she and Nick might have that Nick hadn’t thought of. Police mainly questioned Nick, Karen and Alex as they knew her more, Nick and Alex more so.

“What happens to Mark? Who’s looking after him?” Karen asked as the final question was asked, Nick up in the hotel room with Mark, Mark sound asleep, Nick pacing the room with worry.
“As Brianna left Nick in charge with Mark, Nick will. We’ll have teams set up at his place, patrols around the area.” Detective Mertz answered. As everyone left and hugged each other, Alex and Karen remained.
“You coming?” Karen asked Alex.
“Stay here alright. Don’t want you going anyway. I’m going upstairs to check on Nick and Mark.” Alex replied.

When Alex walked in the hotel room, he looked around for Nick and Mark. Nick was asleep on the bed with Mark, Nick’s arm around Mark, his head resting on Nick’s chest. He left a note for Nick saying to stay there the night, Alex insisted and they will be escorted back to his place tomorrow.
End Notes:
Please Read and Review
Chapter 10 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Thanks very much for reading, much appreciated. Thankyou also again to DelphinaCarter for helping me with this chapter and the ones to come.
Back at Nick’s place Mark ran inside and running up to his room before he and Brianna moved out. “Nick.” Mark said.
“Yeah?” Nick replied joining him on the floor playing with the few toys he had there.
“Where’s Mommy?” Mark asked.
“Mommy had to go on a mini vacation. You know how I sing and we went away and went on all the planes, saw all those cool places?” Nick replied.
“Yeah.” Mark said.
“Well Mommy is doing something like that only she had to go alone.” Nick lied.
“Didn’t she want me?” Mark asked.
“Of course she did. She loves you very much. She left you here with me as she would be working all the time and travelling when she wasn’t working. It’s not fun going to places and not having anything to do.” Nick answered.
“When will she be back?” Mark asked, Nick taking a great big gulp.
“Soon, hopefully soon. In the mean time she has said you could stay here with me. How fun would that be hey? Football? Computer games?” Nick replied trying to sound cheerful.
“What about my birthday?” Mark whimpered.
“It’ll be so much fun! I can promise you that.” Nick replied smiling. Mark came over and gave Nick a great big hug. Nick hugged him back, letting a few tears roll down his cheeks. He missed Brianna so much.

Later that day, everyone came around to Nick’s place to try and work this out. With the kids playing outside having a great time, everyone kept an eye on the kids while trying to put pieces together.
“The cops called this morning and have asked us to do a public plea for Brianna. Want to do it as soon as.” Nick sighed.
“Let’s do it already.” Howie said.
“I don’t think I can.” Nick confessed.
“Nick, if you can do what you did for me all those years ago, back in 2001, you can certainly do this. You are strong.” Alex told him.
“We’ll all be here with you.” Brian assured him.
“Guess I’ll call Mertz then.” Nick sighed grabbing his phone from the middle of the table.

Within the hour Detective Mertz arrived with a couple of officers. It was arranged that Nick and Alex would make the appeal for the release of Brianna, showing a photo of Brianna. The girls would take the kids over to Brian and Leighanne’s as they were nearby, an officer escorting them.

Detective Mertz addressed the awaiting media in Nick’s living room, He went into details about Brianna’s kidnapping, informing the public of any details that would be useful to the public. Then Alex and Nick spoke.
“We are appealing for anyone who knows of where Brianna is. Her son is missing her so much, he turns 4 years old next week. We would love nothing more than for her to be home for his fourth birthday. You don’t need to tell us your name, where you are from, just any information you have. No minor how small.” Alex spoke just managing to make a sound.
“We would do anything to have Brianna back. Anything.” Nick added, dazed, in shock of what was happening. At the conclusion of the appeal, Nick ran off.
“I’ll go.” Brian said catching up to Nick upstairs in his bedroom.

Police now were staying at Nick’s place for any phone calls that would be coming in. Mark had to be told that they were there for a special assignment, secret business. Mark was starting to get into cartoons with detectives in them. “Like a real cartoon?” Mark asked Nick.
“Yup, just like a real cartoon. Cool huh? What about we make our own comic hey?” Nick suggested.
“Cool!” Mark replied excited.
“What was I supposed to say?” Nick asked the officers who were there.

Mark finally drifted off to sleep around 11pm, still missing Brianna and not hearing from her made him upset at night, Nick comforting Mark. That was hard on Nick because it was upset about Brianna gone.

Settling down watching TV, Nick got a SMS. “GOOD ONE CARTER. GOOD ONE. YOU WENT AGAINST BRIANNA WAS TOLD. SHE AND HER PRECIOUS SON WERE TO LEAVE YOU.” It read. Police tried to make a tracking of the number but it was a pre paid untraceable number. Calming down a little, his phone rang. It was Aaron.

“Dude, what the hell is going on?” He asked when Nick answered the phone and was given the ok.
“I don’t know seriously. Things were going great man. Ok, we broke up but we were getting back on track slowly and then this happens.” Nick stressed out.
“I knew on the breakup and you were working things out. Who would do something like this? Seriously.” Aaron asked.
“That’s what we all wanna know.” Nick sighed.
“Listen, I’m just about to board a plane back to LA. I will be there in the morning alright. I’m here for ya man.” Aaron said to Nick.
“What about your album? You got that deadline.” Nick asked Aaron.
“You need me. Screw the deadline. I gotta go, boarding.” Aaron replied and hung up.

Nick eventually fell asleep around 5am, just as the sun was rising up, knowing that Mark would be awake in a few hours. Nick didn’t know what time Aaron would be here but he had access to the property. Aaron and the guys had access to the property at any time. Nick was so stressed out by all this. He felt helpless on what was going on. The only thing he knew he could do right, was to protect Mark as best as he could.

Coming down the stairs, scruffing his hair to wake up, not bothering that the police were still there, he saw Aaron had arrived. Aaron was in the kitchen making pancakes for Mark.
“Chocolate blueberry ones?” Aaron asked Mark.
“YEAH!” Mark cheered.
“Don’t tell Nick hey? He wouldn’t want me doing this. I always mess his kitchen up when I am here.” Aaron told Mark.
“Nick already knows and you will be cleaning this from top to bottom, even in places where you haven’t made a mess.” Nick spoke up.
“NICK!” Mark squealed getting off the chair he was sitting in.
“Hey champ.” Nick replied picking Mark up for a cuddle.
“Hope you don’t mind. Airline food was disgusting and didn’t want to dodge the crowds.” Aaron spoke up, walking over to Nick as Mark was put down.
“It’s cool man.” Nick replied.
“How you doing?” Aaron asked as they hugged.
“Like you have to ask.” Nick sighed as their embrace got tighter.
“I’m here for as long as you need me. I ain’t going no where.” Aaron told Nick.
“Thanks man.” Nick replied.
“We’ll have her back. I know it.” Aaron assured Nick. Nick couldn’t answer.
Chapter 11 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Special thanks again goes to DelphinaCarter for helping me with this. Her fan fics are simply amazing! Please read and review.
Brianna didn’t know where she was going. She couldn’t get a feel of where she was heading. She could feel the van was driving fast, made a left turn as if turning off a freeway and then the next thing she knew, she was being driven on a very bumpy road and going uphill. She couldn’t see who she was with. She couldn’t work out if they were male or female. She was on her own. The only thing that kept her going was Mark and Nick.

The van eventually stopped, the people dragged Brianna out of the van, uncovering her black blindfold. Focusing her eyes she realised it was pitch dark. The only kind of light shown was the small moonlight and also the small thin torches they had. The 2 people were still disguised not giving indication if they were male or female. Each of them grabbing an arm of hers, they took her into a room from what Brianna could guess from the number of steps was at the back of the place of where they were.

“You were warned about this. You were told to leave Nick alone. You and Mark were to leave, never have any more contact with Nick, AJ, everyone. You ignored this, thinking this was some crazy fan but you are wrong. You were surely mistaken. Now that you have ignored these instructions, you are to now pay the consequences.” One of them told Brianna, disguising their voice if they were male or female.
“I’m sorry. Do whatever you want to do with me. Just don’t hurt my son or anyone.” Brianna tearfully pleaded as she made to sit on her knees on the floor.
“Oh you will. You will now.” The other voice said.
“Please, please. Don’t hurt them.” Brianna begged. The first person let go of Brianna and they walked out the door, leaving Brianna huddled in a corner wondering what was going to happen.

When it was safe, not hearing anymore noises, she crawled around the room, tears streaming from her face trying to find some kind of escape. There was a very dim light in the room she was in. She was able to see a blanket and pillow for her in one of the corners. Growing tired she curled up in the corner, blanket covering her and just laid there.

“Wake up.” Brianna had maybe no more than 1 hours sleep and she was being woken up by the first person. The first person walked in and brought in a few slices of bread, and a couple bottles of water. The person soon walked out. Brianna said to herself that she would ration out everything til at least dinner time, 1 slice of bread for now, spreading the other 2 slices throughout the day. Half a bottle for now as she hadn’t had anything since breakfast the day before and ration the water out.

After nibbling on the slice of bread and drinking the half bottle of water she sat on the one chair and began to think. She didn’t have anything else to do. She thought of Mark being with Nick hopefully, hoping that if she wasn’t there for his fourth birthday that Nick would make a fuss over him. The more she thought about Mark and Nick, the more upset she got. All she could do was think of them. That’s all she was holding out for.

At what Brianna thought would be lunchtime both people came in, the second person kicking Brianna to the floor, Brianna holding her stomach where she was kicked. “You are willing to do anything hey? Do anything to protect your precious son?” The first person asked.
“Yes.” Brianna managed to breathe.
“Well then do the following. We are going to make a recording and you are going to tell Nick to do as he is told. If he doesn’t, he will realise he should have listened.” The second person said.

“Nick, please, do as these people say. Everything will be alright. Whenever you are given instructions, follow them. If you do this, then this will be over.” Brianna tearfully pleaded. Her captives, masked standing next to her. Once the video recording was done, she was left alone again.

Moments later one of the people came in, “Come on.” They said, picking her up by the arm, putting a blindfold on her and she was exiting the room. She was guided around the house before she was stopped. Blindfold removed, she was able to use the bathroom. While using the bathroom she was being watched.
“Thankyou.” Brianna whispered as she washed her hands. Brianna had the blindfold back on before being taken back into the room. Brianna had no energy. She just sat in the corner, blanket around her, just waiting for time to pass by. This is how she would pass the time.
Chapter 12 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Thanks so much for reading. I am really enjoying this. Please read and review. Thanks again to DelphinaCarter
A week had gone by since Brianna’s capture. No one had heard anything from Brianna or those who had Brianna. Everyone was on tender hooks with each other. Snapping any chance they could. Secretly, whenever they were alone, they would all have their teary moments. It was also Mark’s fourth birthday.

When Nick woke up, rubbed his face to try and wake up some more, stumbled out of bed as he normally did and walked into Mark’s room. Nick could hear Mark awake as the TV was on in his room watching cartoons. “Happy Birthday buddy.” Nick said to Mark as he walked in sitting down on the floor next to him giving him a great big hug.
“Thanks.” Mark replied hugging him back, Mark’s eyes glued to the TV.
“What you watching?” Nick asked, Mark sitting on Nick’s knee.
“Cartoons.” Mark simply replied.
“Oh ha ha ha. Funny.” Nick answered tickling him. Mark just broke out into laughter, his cackle being heard throughout the place. It was infectious.
“I drew this for you.” Mark said to Nick once Nick had let him go, reaching to the little table that was there grabbing a piece of paper and handing it to Nick. It was a drawing of Mark, Brianna and Nick in a great big house. Above the drawing of Nick, Mark wrote Daddy.

Nick was blown away by that. Daddy. He never intended to be a father figure, just a friend. Mark had known that Andrew had died, in heaven but that’s about it. Nick didn’t know what to say.
“Come here kid.” Nick eventually found the words to come out. Nick hugged him one more time.
“I’m 4 today!” Mark exclaimed holding 4 fingers to show Nick.
“Sure are buddy. We got heaps of fun today.” Nick replied.
“Mommy going to be here?” Mark asked.
“Don’t think so kiddo.” Nick replied half honestly. Mark sighed.
“Come on.” Nick said getting off the floor.

By the time they got up and dressed and made their beds and tidied Mark’s room, Brian, Leighanne, Alex, Karen, Aaron, Howie, Leigh and the kids arrived the place and Aaron advised them on the finishing touches which looked incredible inside and out, including help from a couple of police officers finishing their shift. They adored Mark and wanted to help out.
“WOW!” Mark exclaimed. The rooms in the house were a different theme of cartoon and things Mark liked. Nick and Aaron did some of the work before going to bed the night before. Outside there was a jumping castle, and rides for the kids to go on. Nick wanted to make this party an amusement park like without going out.

“Did some great work guys.” Howie told Nick and Aaron as they were watching the kids run around with excitement, little Jason tagging behind.
“It better be good. We were up until 4am.” Aaron replied yawning.
“4am! Geeze, thought you wouldn’t have slept at all.” Leigh added.
“By the time we tidied up, it was 5am.” Nick said.
“You both did excellent. Wanna go in the kids party planning business?” Karen complimented them.
“NO!” Nick and Aaron replied at the same time.
“Guess lil Jason will have to have a regular birthday party then.” Alex sighed coming up to Karen from behind and putting his arms around her.
“See what happens man, see what happens.” Aaron told him.
“How’s he doing?” Brian asked as he Leighanne joined everyone in the kitchen, the main hub of where everything was happening.
“Doing ok. Just keep him distracted with things. See what he drew this morning.” Nick replied getting the drawing off the fridge. Everyone gasped.
“Man, what you say?” Brian asked.
“I couldn’t, I didn’t know what to say.” Nick replied. At that moment, Baylee and Mark ran in the kitchen with swords.
“Hey, hey, you two. Careful now.” Brian warned them.
“Sorry Dad.” Baylee replied. Mark and Baylee stopped playing swords until they walked out of the kitchen then started up again.

The kids eventually crashed out around 3pm after all the running around, the games the guys were doing. One by one, they laid across the spare bed all sound asleep.
“Thought they never stop!” Howie exclaimed as he was the last one to sit down on the lounge from cleaning up.
“We didn’t put out too much did we?” Aaron asked.
“No.” AJ sighed putting his feet up on the coffee table.
“I think you two did a wonderful job. You wouldn’t have even know he were upset or anything.” Leighanne said.
“Tomorrow’s another day.” Brian added.
“Another day without Brianna.” Nick sighed.
“Miracles do happen.” Leigh told him.
“I’ll believe it when I see it.” Nick replied. Leigh placing a hand on his knee.
“She will be back man. I have a feeling.” Aaron encouraged him.
“Yeah. Just wish I knew where she was.” Nick sighed getting up, walking over to the window looking outside.
“She’ll be alright man.” Alex said.

“Guys, we better get going. Been a long day for the kids.” Howie cut in after a few minutes of silence.
“Yeah, they’ll be up all night now.” Alex joked.
“Thanks guys for today. Been great.” Nick said.
“No worries.” They replied as they each hugged them. One by one they eventually left, kids still sound asleep.

Closing the door after everyone left, Nick and Aaron sighed. “What a day!” Aaron remarked as they leaned against the door.
“Yeah. Hey, thanks man for all your help.” Nick replied.
“It’s nothing.” Aaron shrugged it off.
“Come on, I think there’s some leftovers, decent leftovers.” Nick chuckled as they went into the kitchen.

Sitting down in the lounge watching basketball classics, talking about the shots, LA Lakers V San Antonio Spurs, when Detective Mertz came in. “Sorry to disturb you but we have something.” He said. Nick dropped his plate onto the ground.
“What? Is she ok? Where is she?” Nick asked all in a hurry.
“We have a video.” Vince stated.
“Er, Aaron, can you make sure Mark stays upstairs?” Nick asked Aaron.
“Yeah no worries.” Aaron replied and went upstairs. Vince put the video in.

“Where was this? When was this? What you doing?” Nick asked all of a sudden.
“We are doing everything we can. This only arrived today. We have teams working on it now.” Vince replied.
“What do we do? What do I do? They are now basically threatening Mark and me aren’t they?” Nick asked.
“We build up extra security. Everything needs to be screened by us first before even a crumb enters your property. I would try to stay indoors as much as possible. Try and not be seen.” Detective Mertz answered.
“Are Mark and I being threatened?” Nick asked again. Vince couldn’t answer.
“Oh god!” Nick stressed out sitting back down on the sofa again.
“We are doing everything within our power to get her back safely, we’ve got fingerprints trying to establish some kind of identification, technical teams analysing information. You are doing the right thing staying here.” Vince assured him.
“But what about Mark? Wouldn’t I be best to take him away from here?” Nick asked.
“Don’t do nothing yet. Let’s not get that far.” Vince replied.
“That far? You think I should do it anyway?” Nick asked angry.
“We don’t even know where they want Mark to go. They haven’t told us anything.” He replied.
“What about when they do. Do we act on that?” Nick asked.
“They may go through with it, they may not. They may just want you worked up.” Vince replied.
“Don’t let anything happen to Mark or Brianna. Please.” Nick pleaded with Vince.
“We’ll try.” He replied and walked out, leaving Nick on his own to stress out more.
Chapter 13 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Thanks so much for reading. I am really enjoying writing this. Please review. Special thanks to DelphinaCarter
All night Nick sat up awake, wondering what was going on. He thought over and over of who it might be. Sure he had a few ex’s but they wouldn’t do anything this bad. Or ex friends. He had no idea. He was left flabbergasted as to who would do such a thing. He wondered if he had done something different, said something more or less or in a different way that maybe none of this would have happened. Things were just starting to slowly improve for him and Brianna. They were maintaining a friendship and building working on it.

Watching the news in his room, laying on top of his bed, he stared at the headlines that were being made of Brianna’s kidnapping. It was just little headline now. After the publicity of the kidnapping, the plea, it wasn’t a major story on the main news but on the entertainment news. This made Nick furious. He wanted to get them to stop it, but he thought, if he stopped the media from doing reports and ‘analysis’ on this people would be thinking it was a cover up. There was something to hide. All Nick could do was watch everyone take advantage of this. He would give his life to have Brianna back but that’s what the captives wanted.

Nothing made sense to Nick. His world was falling apart again. Brianna was going to miss their first anniversary together, he thought. He knew it. Brianna missed Mark’s birthday and their anniversary was only a couple of weeks away. He had no privacy. Police were constantly here, patrolling his property and the back of it.

“You ok man?” Aaron asked gently knocking on the door.
“Huh? What?” Nick vaguely replied.
“You ok?” Aaron repeated.
“Just thinkin man.” Nick sighed switching off the TV.
“She’ll be back.” Aaron tried to reassure him, sitting on the edge of Nick’s bed.
“Hope so man, hope so. Don’t know how much I can take of this.” Nick replied.
“I had an idea, crazy it might be but...” Aaron began to suggest.
“Any idea is something. What is it?” Nick asked.
“They sent a video to you, why don’t you do one to them?” He suggested as he moved up the bed.
“Nah, I was talking to one of the cops last night and said that it wouldn’t work. I just gotta lay low, wait for them to make the next move.” Nick sighed.
“It’ll be alright.” Aaron tried to say again.

Down in the studio in the basement Nick created, he, Aaron and Mark were down there. Nick just wanted to chill out and wanted Mark to be near him at all times. Didn’t want Mark out of his sight. Nick strummed the guitar trying to do some music but nothing was coming out. Aaron was with Mark at the drums.
“What about Nick and I do a song hey?” Aaron suggested looking towards Nick.
“YAY!” Mark cheered.
“Here that man, ya wanted. Mark wants us to make some noise.” Aaron said.
“You want some noise hey?” Nick asked putting the guitar down leaning down to grab him.
“Yeah.” Mark replied.
“What do you say some old school?” Aaron asked.
“Define old school?” Nick replied hugging Mark tight.
“Try this.” Aaron said starting to get the drum beats going. He started playing ‘Not To Young, Not To Old.’
“Oh man.” Nick groaned. For the next hour, the three of them were able to forget everything that was going on. It wasn’t until an officer came down and interrupted them.

“Sorry to interrupt but we have your mother here.” The officer said.
“Mom?” Nick asked shocked.
“Would you like to see her? She has clearance.” The officer asked.
“Oh um, yeah alright. Be up soon. Thanks.” Nick replied, handing Mark to Aaron replied. The last time Nick communicated with his mother was when the article came out that Jane had done and when Brianna and he split up. “Can you take Mark?” Nick asked Aaron.
“Yeah sure. Come on, let’s go in Nick’s room and play games hey.” Aaron replied to Mark.
“Jump on bed?” Mark asked.
“No you cannot jump on the bed. You know the rules.” Nick warned him. In the corner of Nick’s eye, he could see Aaron wink at Mark.

When Nick walked in the room where his Mom was, he took a few deep breaths. “Mom.” Nick said, no emotion in him.
“Honey, I’m so sorry.” Jane told him.
“For what?” Nick asked her, not letting his guard down.
“For doing that story, for Brianna missing.” Jane said.
“Hmmm.” Nick commented as he sat down opposite her.
“Has there been any updates?” She asked.
“Nothing from what the media says.” Nick replied sitting back, sighing.
“Has there been anything that the police aren’t telling the media?” She asked.
“Why do you wanna know? Why so interested in Brianna missing? You haven’t asked once how Mark is doing? Why has it taken you so long to come here? Everyone has been here. Aaron is losing money by not finishing his album on time because he has come here to help me.” Nick lashed out.
Jane was taken aback.
“I came as soon as I could. I haven’t had the finances to come out and see you.” Jane said.
“Typical.” Nick muttered walking to the window to look out the backyard, the only view he could see. Closest he could get to outside.
“It’s the truth.” Jane told him.
“Now’s not the time Mom. I really don’t need it.” Nick warned her.
“I didn’t say anything.” She stated.
“You didn’t have to.” Nick retorted.
“So can I see Mark?” Jane asked.
“No, I thought you would be sincere and all. But no. All you wanted was to try and find out some gossip and then go. Just go. Just go and never come back again.” Nick replied.
“Nick, please.” Jane pleaded.
“If you don’t leave now, you will be escorted out.” Nick warned her.
“Fine, I am going. Call me when you are ready.” Jane said.
“You’ll be waiting a while.” Nick replied as he watched her walk out. Once she was out of sight, he went upstairs to his bedroom.

“I heard.” Aaron said as Nick walked in, Mark staring at the TV screen on the floor, cross legged on the floor.
“No real anything man. It was ugh. How’s he been?”
“Good. Didn’t hear a thing.” Aaron replied.
“Remind me never to have her here again or be near me.” Nick said.
“Deal.” Aaron smiled.

As Nick was making dinner, Detective Mertz arrived. “Nick, can I see you for a moment?” He asked Nick. Nick wiped his hands on the tea towel, turned down the stove and walked out the kitchen to the room where the officers were in one of the side rooms.
“We have received a letter. We have the original, being analysed but this is a copy of it.” Vince explained.
“Ok.” Nick said taking the letter.
“Nick, you have ignored the warnings. It is now time to make sure you really understand what is going on now. Friday night at the Beverly Hills Hotel car park, at 11pm be there. You will be given more instructions.” It read.

“What do we do now?” Nick asked worried.
“We now wait. We are getting teams set up for Friday night. We are in talks with the hotel about our unit going in undercover. You will be surrounded by police. There will be cars in the car park, unmarked, typical everyday Beverly Hills cars.” Detective Mertz informed him.
“Mark be involved?” Nick panicked.
“Not at this stage but when you are out, he will be in a safe house. No one will see he is gone. The fact that your garage connects to the house, makes things a lot easier.” Vince said.
“Little Mark has to be in, the better.” Nick stressed out.
“We don’t want to involve him, or any child in a situation like this.” Vince replied.
“So what do I do? Anything I need to start learning?” Nick asked.
“Start after Mark has gone to sleep.” Vince replied.

For the next 3 days, Nick was training to go through the scenarios of what could happened. Psychologists trained with him and was given briefings. Nick did receive more phone calls about Friday night and this made things easier for the police.

“Let’s do this.” Nick said Friday night.
Chapter 14 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
DelphinaCarter has saved the day again. I am really thankful to her for helping me with this chapter especially. Please read and review. Have you started to get any ideas who has kidnapped Brianna?
Without Brianna knowing it, it was the Friday night that Nick would be at the Beverly Hills Hotel car park. Brianna, tired, drained, hungry, thirsty, dirty having only the one shower. Her long shiny hair was all frazzled, her clothes starting to show some wear and tear. She was only wearing almost old clothes when she ran from the hotel and with what she was going through, the clothes were wearing thin.

One person opened the door. Still not showing themselves, not showing if they are a male or female. Brianna tried to determine by their body frame but from their clothes, it couldn’t give an indication and the one dim light in the room was flickering. Brianna thought to herself that she was in a horror movie without the special effects.

“He ignored everything he was told. He’s going to pay for it.” The voice said.
“He would only be doing what’s right for Mark. I trust him.” Brianna told the person.
“You shouldn’t trust him at all. He is doing the wrong thing. He knows that if he doesn’t do what he is told, Mark would be in danger, and possibly him.” The voice rasped.
“Please don’t hurt them. They mean the world to me.” Brianna pleaded, crying.
“There is a price to pay. He isn’t listening.” The voice told her.
“What do you want me to do?” Brianna asked.
“Nothing. You can’t do anything.” The person asked, laughing. The person then moved her to the corner, nudging her and then from out of nowhere, Brianna started being hit. The lashings were on her legs, front and back, then moved around all around her body. Brianna cried out in pain, this encouraged the person to continue.

“You couldn’t help yourself could you bitch. Soon as you knew Nick was free, you made your way into his bed.” She was told. She then received a lashing on her stomach.
“No, no.” Brianna cried.
“How could Nick ever love you, you aren’t good enough for someone like him, you dirty filthy whore.” The abuse continued. The next lashing on her chest.
“It just happened.” Brianna cried. Lashing on her right upper arm.
“You are nothing but a dirty filthy ugly bitch who wants nothing more than his money. You come across as a sweet innocent person but you are nothing but a sweet innocent slut.” The person shouted at her. Brianna could only cry.
“You have no right in the world to have Nick as the father of your precious sweet Mark.” The person said.
“No....Nev....Never....You have me....all.....wr....wron...wrong.” Brianna stammered to stay in between breaths.
“Bitch. You are using him. You have been single for years, realising that, oh hang on, shit you need a father for your sweet boy, I’ll get Nick. Nick doesn’t love you, you bitch. He is only with you because he feels sorry for you and you are the only woman that he saw the moment he was free.” The voice said, adding sarcasm when needed. In between sentences the person kicked her anywhere they could. Just in that first night, she was hit countless times. More than she had known anyone to have.

All alone again, all curled up, in pain, she cried. The tears that streamed down gave her moisture to keep her hydrated. Every part of her body ached, physically and mentally, more mentally. Brianna couldn’t walk, she could barely move.

“Come on.” She was ordered when the door opened and bang it went when it met with the wall.
“Move it.” Brianna was told. Struggling to stand up, she managed to get into a stand up. She had a rope around her wrist. With determination she followed the person out of the room, all in darkness. She could hear the water running.

In the bathroom, no shower curtain, she was untied and she was stripped naked. “In.” She was ordered. In the blink of an eye that person left and the other person walked in. Brianna didn’t care that she was showering in the nude in front of a stranger. She didn’t have the energy to fuss. Once she was showered, no soap or cleaning products. She quickly dried herself, painfully and she was then made to put on her clothes again. Rope back on her wrist, she was lead back into the room again. Rope taken off and she was kicked back into the room again. Spend more time.

After wincing of every pain as she made a movement, she thought of her son and her lover and her friends that were worried frantic. Through the pain, curled up, in still the same dirty clothes and then the unwashed bedding, she fell asleep. She didn’t know how long she slept, what the day was, what the time it was.
Chapter 15 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to DelphinaCarter. Please read and review.
Just before 10.30pm, Nick all ready to go to this meeting, police on standby watching his every moment, hearing every sound where Nick was. His body was wired up, but no one would know if he was going to be frisked. Watching from the front window, a black car flashed its lights from the road. The car didn’t want to get in. Nick nodded to the police that were in his place and he walked outside.

Rubbing his hands together in the cool Los Angeles air, he gathered his thoughts together. He knew he would be fine. He had more protection than probably the United States President. He was doing this for Brianna and Mark. Brian, Howie and Alex were aware of this but weren’t telling the girls as Nick didn’t want to worry them. Walking out of the walk in gate, the car lights flashed up again. His phone beeped. “Back seat passenger door.” It read.

In the black car, he was driven to the Beverly Hills Hotel, he gathered his thoughts again. Things that he was told he was going through the plan. He had 2 lives at stake. Arriving at the hotel, they went down to the car park, he saw the car lights flash and was let in. After turning a couple of bends, the car stopped. The door was opened for Nick to get out.

Out of the car, the car sped off. Alone, Nick looked around him to see if anyone was coming. He knew he wouldn’t be stood up. Through the ear piece he was told he was doing fine. Soon he heard footsteps. The footsteps became more frequent and more louder, making Nick nervous.

“Thank you for coming here. Now if this doesn’t tell you that this is not serious, nothing will. Brianna was warned not to be around you, her and her precious son. Now, if you want Brianna to be reunited with her son, you are to give him up. You are to be ready by Santa Monica Pier Sunday afternoon at 5pm with Mark. You and Mark will be at the end of the pier.” This person undisguised told Nick.
“Am I able to see a photo of Brianna? A recent photo of her or possibly talk to her?” Nick asked.
“You will have to my word for it. Brianna is in safe hands. Being looked after.” The person replied.
“I want to see some proof. How will I know on Sunday afternoon?” Nick asked.
“You will know Sunday afternoon. There will be a section with reserved on it. That is where you go. As for proof, that video shows you proof she is alive.” Person informed.
“If you are demanding for me to hand over Mark, fine. But only one condition that I see or hear Brianna.” Nick told the person. The person remained motionless.

Nick saw the person move their hand in their pocket. Out came a cell phone. “Here.” They said as they showed a photo to Nick of Brianna. The photo they showed was of Brianna after she had been beaten, after the shower. Nick inside was horrified. He was trained and given advice on anything if that would happen.
“See you Sunday.” The person said and walked off. Thinking Nick was safe, he started to breathe a sigh of relief.

Out of nowhere, someone from one of the far back pillars started gunfire. “Run.” The police told Nick in his ear piece. “Like I need telling twice.” Nick muttered. Nick ran around the car park area that he was in, dodging bullets from the person that was using the gun. Hiding from one the pillars, trying to catch his breath from the shooter, he heard nothing. Then, a gut wrenching pain. The shooter fled off. Police went in search for them, police staying with Nick, calling for the paramedics.

“I’m still there Sunday.” Nick told Detective Mertz as he was being put into the ambulance. Vince shaking his head as he got in with Nick.
Chapter 16 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Again, special thanks to DelphinaCarter
Sunday afternoon, Brianna with even more bruises, and more cracked ribs, was put into a chair, her arms that were swollen with the bruising, were tied back to the chair. “What is happening?” Brianna asked subconscious.
“Making some kind of security. We need to go out and don’t want any games. The doors will be locked, all kind of escapes are sealed up. No sounds can be heard.” One of them told her.
“Ok.” Brianna replied defenceless.

While they were gone, Brianna napped to try and get some of her energy back for later on. Rest always healed things so she thought by resting that this would happen. She had given up fighting for a while. When she tried to fight with them, they just hit her more. More she fought, the more verbal and physical abuse she got and harder. Her body couldn’t take it.
It had been almost 3 weeks since she was kidnapped. She believed she was almost unrecognisable. Waking up from a nap, she thought of an idea. She thought about reverse psychology. They had told her that there was no escape, no sound, no nothing. Maybe if she had tried to untie herself then maybe she might get somewhere. Then she thought that if she did move that things would be made harder for her.

Brianna didn’t know what time they went out, where they were going, how long they would be. She continued to stay where she was until something happened. Brianna thought even more of Nick and Mark at the moment. She was missing their first anniversary.

Hours later without even trying, the rope loosened on Brianna. She was free from the seat. She didn’t undo the rope so if they did come back, there would probably be less abuse. To ease the pain, she laid on the ground, her dirty clothes and bed sheets covering her.

As she lay there, she began to reminisce her time from the beginning of when she met Alex. Alex. Oh how she missed him. Alex had been there for everything. The main person she didn’t want to see looking like this would be Alex. She couldn’t help but think in some way that he would be blaming himself for this. If he hadn’t introduced her to Andrew then maybe this wouldn’t be happening. She was going to him that if he was blaming himself that he isn’t to blame for this.

To Brianna in what seemed like an eternity, but was the following morning, towards lunchtime, they had returned. “Mmm, interesting time we had just now.” First person said.
“Yeah?” Brianna asked curious.
“Yeah, but you will find that out later. Now answer this bitch. Why you aren’t tied up?” The second person asked.
“They came undone themselves. I can show you how loose they became on me.” Brianna replied getting up and slowly going to the chair.
“Hahaha, we actually believe you whore. We made sure that you wouldn’t untie these that we made a marking so if it was moved after we had tied you up, we would certainly know about it.” The first person told her.
“Haven’t tried to kill yourself have you? Haven’t done anything?” Second person asked.
“I am wanting to see my son. Why would I kill myself?” Brianna replied.
“Do you now? Well you are going to have to wait a bit longer. You haven’t earned it to see cute adorable Mark.” First person told her, threatening.
“Please don’t hurt my son.” Brianna begged.
“Well bitch, you have to do as we say. Otherwise....” Second person said before pausing.
“This is what will happen.” The first person finished, showing a photo of Mark laughing with Brianna and Nick holding him, and igniting a cigarette lighter, a flame going on the photo.
“No.” Brianna cried shaking her head. The people just laughed. When they stopped they lashed at her, fortunately for Brianna, it was on the legs this time.

When they left, Brianna curled up again, to relieve the pain, crying gently. She couldn’t close her eyes. The image of the photo of Mark, her and Nick burning, just devastated her. Eventually the tears, the energy of her crying, drifted her off to sleep. The final thoughts she had in her head were, wondering when the next attack would occur, and of Nick and Mark how they were doing.
Chapter 17 by Ozbsbgirl
That weekend, Nick panicked all weekend. He was in pain from the gun shot in his arm but it was superficial, Nick on strong pain medication after discharging himself from hospital against medical advice to be with Mark more.

On the Saturday he had everyone over to spend time with Mark just in case. The only one Nick knew he could count on was Brian knew everything that was going on.
Mark was fretting for Brianna. If Mark didn’t end up in Nick’s bed, Nick often spent nights with Mark getting him to sleep. It had been 3 weeks since Mark had seen his Mother, not even hearing her voice except for listening to her music. Mark needed more than this. Nick felt helpless that he couldn’t do anything. On that Saturday night Nick stayed awake all night long, watching Mark try and get to sleep, finally just before the sun was rising.

Brian arrived around 9am that morning on his own. When Brian arrived, he heard Nick in the kitchen. He wasn’t prepared for what he saw. Nick was sitting on one of the chairs at the dining table, his head buried in his arms, crying.
“Nick.” Brian whispered.
“I need her man. I need Brianna.” Nick sobbed.
“We’ll get her back soon.” Brian tried to assure her.
“What if we don’t? How do I tell Mark hey? How do I tell his Mom’s not coming back? I’ve flaming told him that she was on tour and busy doing things.” Nick outraged.
“Here’s hoping today will get some more leads. The police are going to be there and at the pier. Everything is set up.” Brian said.
“I need her here now. I can’t take much more of this man. I truly can’t.” Nick broke down, his head resting in his hands. The only thing that Brian could do was to out his arms around Nick and comfort him.

“When was the last time you had some real sleep?” Brian asked as Nick calmed down.
“Before Brianna and I broke up.” Nick replied quietly.
“You go upstairs, I’ll look after Mark, get him some breakfast and everything. You need your rest man. We aren’t on tour.” Brian told him.
“I can’t. Mertz is coming over around 10 o’clock to discuss about this afternoon.” Nick sighed leaning back on his chair.
“Well at least do you a decent breakfast then hey?” Brian offered.

Around 4.30pm, Nick and Mark set off in his car. Nick told Mark they would go to Santa Monica pier and watch the sun set and have some fun by the pier. Nick put on a brave face for all of this. He was heartbroken.

As they walked to the pier, Nick held onto Mark’s hand even tighter. “Don’t let go whatever you do alright. There’s a lot of people.” He instructed Mark.
“Ok.” Mark replied getting some grip of Nick’s left hand. Undercover police were along the pier witnessing everything giving their nods to Nick or some signal to say they were there. There would also be police underneath the pier at all angles in case of anything happened. Nick’s chest tightened as they walked to the end of the pier. At the reserved sign, they stopped. Mark wanted to go further.
“Can’t go any further, it says reserved. Someone has booked this place for something.” Nick told Mark.

Right on 5 o’clock a person turned up. With a black baseball cap and big black sunglasses disguising them they stood to the right of Nick.
“Let him go to the edge. Talk.” The person said. Nick almost didn’t want to but he let go of Mark’s hand and allowed him to the edge.
“Doing fine Carter. You have done what you have been told to do. Very good. It is known that the police are involved, it just wouldn’t be same without the police. Every kidnapping or drama has to involve the police.” The person said.
“What do you want now?” Nick asked calmly, not looking at the person.
“This was just a test. To see if you really care for Brianna and her son. Did a good job. The next stage you will be informed. You won’t know how, you won’t know when, you won’t know where but you will be told.” The person replied and walked off.

That was it. Nick’s heart rate beated more than it could. All Nick wanted to do was just get home and Mark safe and sound. Back to the car park Nick carried Mark, not wanting to let him go. He wanted Mark close to his heart.

As Mark watched TV that night, Nick called Brian. “You are kidding me.” Brian could only say.
“I’m not. The police were able to have some description of the person. I just hope that whoever has Brianna or wherever Brianna is, she doesn’t know anything like this has happened. Promise me that all of this will never be told to Brianna.” Nick replied.
“I would like to but it is going to have to come out sometime Nick. This is connected with Brianna and Brianna will have to tell everything that has happened.” Brian told him.
“Even what happened Friday night?” Nick asked.
“Even what happened Friday night.” Brian repeated.
“When will this end man? When?” Nick sighed.
Chapter 18 by Ozbsbgirl
Brianna’s mind was gone. She had been gone for so long that she gave up even trying anymore. She dealt with everything as they came. She didn’t try to play games with her captives. They were always one step ahead of her. Her heart was broken into pieces. She hadn’t seen her son or her fiancé in about a month and was in despair about it.

“Seems Nick is willing to do everything that he is told. He put it to the test today. Worked really well indeed.” One of the two said.
“Yes, very well.” The second cackled laughing rubbing their hands together.
“So if Nick is told anything now, he will do it. Now what is next for Nick Carter?” The first one asked, rubbing their hands together. In all the time Brianna was held captive, she had never once been able to determine if the people were male or female. Their voices were always disguised and their faces with masks.
The second one growled for some unknown reason and slapped her across her right cheek.

“You will never see the light of day again you slut. You have never done anything right in life. Only used people to get your way into life and now that you have got it all. You are wasting everyone’s time and energy.” The first person yelled at Brianna. Brianna huddled in a corner.
“No wonder you have no family, you toe rag. Only using someone else’s family to feel like a family. You hooked onto someone who knew would come and save the day, feel sorry for you and then get someone else to feel for poor little Brianna.” The second person said.
“Nick is totally blind when it comes to you. He doesn’t know what he is doing. You have quickly brainwashed everyone. They don’t know what to think anymore. They never used to pick up trash on the street.” The first person continued.
“But now, the brainwashing, this rubbish will finish. By getting rid of you, Mark will go into care, go to some low life’s where he belongs and everyone will get back to normal. Forget all about you and Mark ever existed.” The second person told her.
“Oh, good one!” The first person exclaimed and the pair laughed. Brianna remained in fear.

Alone, Brianna froze, she knew that they were playing mind games and wanting Brianna to cave in but she was determined not to do that. She had too much at stake. Who was she to know that if she had died that Mark would be safe? She had to keep on fighting for her survival. She wanted to see her son, Nick and everyone again. The amount of hits and lashes were getting immune to her. Bruises covered her. Large bruises, it hurt to breathe, especially when being beaten with their hands, covered by gloves.

As Brianna was about to drift off to sleep, the two people came in, and stood in front of Brianna. “You want the top or the bottom?” One of them asked.
“We’ll take turns.” The other replied. One stood in front of Brianna, the other towards the back side of her. Her legs were picked up heavily, without care, her arms the same. Brianna was a swinging tool for them. Brianna prayed that they wouldn’t throw her to the ground. She wouldn’t survive that one. While swinging Brianna from side to side, they laughed as if this were a game, and spat on Brianna.

Eventually growing tired, they laid her gently on the ground. Thinking she was safe from any more brutality, the one that had her by the arms, dragged her by the legs to the corner. Once there, Brianna was kicked in the stomach again. Then she was left. In severe pain, Brianna just lay there, till the next time.
Chapter 19 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Surprise waiting for you.
It had been over a month since Brianna was kidnapped and Nick’s hell began. He had done everything within his power to protect Mark from everything. Shield him from everything so he wouldn’t get upset and fret for Brianna even more. Mark had grown attached to Nick now. Nick couldn’t go anywhere almost in the house without Mark. Mark thought that every time Nick disappeared, that Nick wouldn’t be coming back. Mark ended up spending the nights in Nick’s bed to get to sleep.

The police had left Nick’s place. There had been no updates 2 weeks after that meeting at Santa Monica Pier. They were keeping the case active but were stepping back from it. Nick still wasn’t taking chances of going outside with Mark. He felt like a prisoner with privileges but without parole.

Six weeks after Brianna’s kidnapping, Mark asleep in Nick’s bed, Nick wide awake as he normally was, stared out into the Los Angeles skyline. “Where are you babe?” He asked himself, sighing, a hand touching the window. On the windowsill photos showed of Nick, Brianna and Mark in the good times. Nick’s finger trailed down to the photos.

Wide awake, Nick thought he would get on the computer and escape the media on TV. A few TV shows were reporting that Nick hadn’t been seen in public since Brianna disappeared. He turned on the computer, sat on the chair that was near the window and gazed outside waiting for the computer to turn on. He turned on his iTunes program and just press play not seeing what was being played. Opening the internet browser he went to his emailed and went through all his emails, deleting ones thought were junk, keeping ones he knew. All of a sudden he froze.

“It’s funny how life can take new meaning. You came and changed what I believed in. The world on the outside is trying to pull me in. But they can’t touch me because I got you. I got you.” His song came on. “Maybe I am in too deep, but I don’t care.” The next words he heard. He was on his twitter page, fans still sending messages of support to Nick and then he saw a tweet saying this person had I Got You playing. He just put the computer down.

He grabbed his guitar from the corner in his wardrobe and quietly sneaked out the room and into the next room, light on for Mark. Nick had to play the guitar. He started to play a few bars of ‘I Got You’ before he started ‘Miss America’ and then ‘No One Else Comes Close’. “Nick! Nick!” Mark called out. Nick put down the guitar and ran into his bedroom.

“Alright?” Nick asked.
“Had a bad dream.” Mark whimpered rubbing his eyes.
“What was it about?” Nick asked sitting at the top of the bed next to Mark, opening his arms for Mark.
“Mommy not coming back.” He said.
“She’ll be back soon.” Nick hoped.
“You keep saying that, but when?” Mark emphasised the when.
“Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t kid.” Nick sighed holding him.
“I miss her.” Mark tearfully said.
“Me too champ. Me too.” Nick replied, holding back the tears, lifting his left hand to wipe the tears.

Come sunrise, Nick and Mark fell asleep on the couch in the living room, Mark’s head asleep on Nick’s lap, Nick’s arm on Mark’s side, his head tilted back. Nick got woken up by the phone ringing.
“Why hello Nick Carter. Good morning. Just thought would like to let you know that there is an update. Brianna is still alive, a video is being sent to this number now. Tonight after Mark has fallen asleep, you are to be at the front of your driveway, gates closed. Does not matter the time, as long as it’s dark.” The caller said and hung up.
“Wait, wait.” Nick rasped, gently lifting Mark’s head off his knee to get up. Mark continued to sleep on the couch. Beep, beep.

Nick opened the video. Brianna was against a wall, a black plain sheet behind her, Brianna sat in a chair, her hair tidied back, neatly and was given decent clothes to make as though she was being looked after.

Within the hour, Detective Mertz, Brian, and Howie arrived. Nick didn’t want Alex involved at this time. Howie was over at Brian’s when Nick rang. Detective Mertz didn’t say anything when Nick asked him about how Brianna looked. “She’s been beaten up hasn’t she?” Nick asked again.
“Detective Mertz? Please?” Howie spoke up. He took a sigh.
“Oh god.” Nick freaked out.

“You have been told to be at your front gate after dark once Mark has settled down for the night. Right?” Detective Mertz asked Nick.
“Umm, oh yeah. Yeah. Was told as long as it was dark.” Nick replied side tracked, his mind occupied by the footage of Brianna.
“What time is that?” Mertz asked.
“Last night or this morning should I say around 3 o’clock.” Nick replied.
“Again?” Howie asked Nick.
“Well how you be if you were 4 years old, your Mom just vanished off the face of the earth and your own Dad had died and were being left with not a family member?” Nick lashed out at Howie.
“Sorry, Nick.” Howie apologised.
“It’s cool. I’m sorry. It’s just this is frustrating. He had a bad dream last night and said that his Mommy isn’t coming home and doesn’t love him anymore.” Nick sighed.
“Aw gee.” Brian sighed, putting a hand on Nick’s shoulder.
“I don’t know what to tell him anymore.” Nick choked.
“You are doing the right thing Nick. Tonight may achieve something.” Detective Mertz said looking optimistic.
“How so?” Brian asked.
“All Nick has to do is just stand outside his front gate after dark and Mark has gone asleep.” Mertz explained.
“You saying she might be home tonight?” Nick asked getting nervous.
“No, I am not saying that. We may have a clue.” Mertz informed.
“I’m not staying outside with Mark on his own. No way.” Nick stated.
“I’ll come over. Leigh and James are on their way to Jersey for a few days so it’s just me. I’ll come around dinner time, have a boys night...then Mark should drift off...” Howie offered, looking at Detective Mertz for approval.
“Little involved the better. I wouldn’t feel right.” Nick objected.
“Nick, you have made this place like Fort Knocks. Codes or fingerprints for the rooms or sections part of the house. It’s almost secure as the White House.” Howie said.
“I could come over as well.” Brian added.
“No Brian, you’ve done enough. You need to be with Leigh and Baylee tonight. She’s got that presentation tomorrow.” Nick replied, remembering about something Leighanne told him for her business.
“Howie it is then.” Mertz interjected.

Mark sound asleep by midnight, sleeping across the couch, Nick and Howie on either sides of the couch, they looked at each other. Nick signalled that he was going out. As Nick got ready to go outside, Howie called Mertz to let him know Nick was getting ready to outside. Mertz and his team would be at the precinct, waiting, 2 minutes away.

Standing at the gate, locked, all by himself, un protected, no wires, cameras. He stood there. Hands in his pants pockets to try and keep warm, he rocked backwards and forwards. He noticed a car, black, unmarked a few houses away. He thought that it would be the police but it wasn’t. Someone emerged from the car.

Heart racing a million miles an hour, he stood there, not making a sound. The person kept coming closer to him. Panic set in. From a far distanced street light he was able to distinguish this person wearing black from head to toe. Standing in from of him, he gulped, nervous, not knowing what was going to happen.

The person then lifted their arms to the black hooded jacket they were wearing, hood down, the hair flickered, long brown hair. “Hello Nickolas.” The voice said. Nick was taken aback. He focused his eyes. Looking at the person, he knew who it was. “L......Lau....”He stammered, the person running back to the car and taking off. “LAUREN!” Nick screamed.
End Notes:
Are we closer to the end of the story, now that a clue or person has been identified??? Stay tuned.
Chapter 20 by Ozbsbgirl
Brianna got woken up by the people coming in. “Get up bitch.” One of them said. Brianna woke up startled and slowly got up. Chained up and a blindfold on her, she was taken out of the room and escorted into the bathroom. She was stripped of the now what looked like rags and then and was told to get in the shower. In 6 weeks she was able to shampoo and condition her hair. She was starting to feel somewhat human.
“This is just for today so don’t start assuming anything.” The second person warned her. Brianna said to herself she gave up assuming a long time ago. Once the conditioner was out of her hair, the shower was turned off. The people started to dry her off. Brianna was then having a new set of underwear and clothes being put on. She was thankful for this, she didn’t even have the energy to do that. The shower alone exhausted her.
“Come on now.”She was told. Back tied up and blindfold on she walked forcibly out of the bathroom and then with the steps she had done countless times before she then realised she was in the main room of the property on where she was.

“Sit.” They ordered her as they pushed her down in the chair, ratty and wobbly, almost about to collapse, just like Brianna.
“Now a video is going to be sent to Nicky for him to see that you are still alive and most importantly well. Make sure you come across as you are fine and nothing is wrong. Then everything will be fine.” The first person warned her.
“You are to tell Nick that you are fine, nothing is wrong and that something will happen soon.” Second person instructed her.
“If you don’t come across in that way, there will be danger....but for who?” Brianna was threatened.
“I can do that.” Brianna assured them.
“Good.” One person replied.

“Nick, this is just to let you know that I am fine, I am being treated fine where I am. Nothing is wrong with me. This will all be over soon. Do not worry. Everything will be fine.” Brianna said confidently and calmly, inside crying. Then click on the phone.

“Gee for a slut, probably even hooker, you act fantastically.” One of them said standing in front of her.
“Probably did it in some porn flick or something or did it as a role play. Right bitch?” The other replied laughing.
“Come on, back to reality.” The first one said and then grabbed Brianna by the wrist and taking her back to the room, the other person following behind them.

Brianna stood in the middle of the room, the room now totally dark, the light bulb blown. In the little light coming from the main room, the two people stripped off her clothes again and put on the old clothes she was wearing before and her hair all messed up again, the tie up being removed from her forcibly.

On her own, Brianna saw that in spite of everything that there was some good that came out of this. She was able to have a shower and have her hair washed. A few moments later, Brianna thought she began to hallucinate. Suddenly Nicks’ voice appeared. It was the songs Nick had sung, recordings and live versions. It was only Nick’s voice. Not even blocking her ears could help her not hear Nick’s voice.

“I will be alright. I will be alright. It will be over soon.” Brianna repeated over and over as the song, ‘I Got You’ played and ‘Who Needs The World?’ began playing. Brianna began to dream of how she would be rescued. The moment when the nightmare will end.

“Oh bitch, there is no end to this music. This is just to let you know that this is how close you will ever get to him. He’ll get sick and tired of waiting soon and move on. Hand your kid into services and go.” One of them called out to her. Brianna ignored everything.
Chapter 21 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Please read and review....When do you think this will be over? Will Brianna be home for Thanksgiving?
“It’s LAUREN IT’S LAUREN,” Nick freaked out running back inside.
“Wait up, wait up....What you say?” Howie asked
“It’s Lauren! She is behind this. She has Brianna.” Nick blurted out.
“Are you sure? It is dark out there.” Howie asked trying to rationalise this.
“D, I tell ya it was her. Her voice. The way she walked. I wasn’t with her for the year or so and didn’t notice anything. Trust me it’s Lauren.” Nick said.
“You gotta tell Mertz man.”Howie told him.
“Like duh! He’ll be here couple of minutes.” Nick replied.
“Want me to stay for Mark?” Howie asked.
“Yeah if you don’t mind. I don’t know what is going to happen. I want him here and all. You’ll have to stay with him. Can take him in his room or whatever. Can’t leave him alone at all.” Nick replied.
“Hey Nick, I’m a Dad too you know. Calm down.” Howie told him.
“Man! Lauren! I knew we didn’t end on great terms but going this far! Why?” Nick asked as he walked to the front door to let Detective Mertz and a couple of officers in, as Howie picked up Mark and walked upstairs to Mark’s room.

“You know this woman?” Vince asked Nick as they sat in the living room, Nick facing him and the police officers.
“Don’t think I do now. We were going out for over a year and she was caught out by several people. I tried to confront her about it but she naturally denied it so I broke up with her over the phone. She wouldn’t face me. Two weeks later I got involved with Brianna. It was our one year anniversary a couple of weeks ago.” Nick explained, enraged at first.
“She never gave you, Lauren this is, that she would do something like this?” Mertz asked.
“I knew she could be bad like when we had fights and stuff but nothing like this. With how this has happened, someone would have had to have schemed her into this but I don’t know who.” Nick replied.

“Did she talk of places she used to go as a child? Places that were special to her? Vacation breaks? Anything at all? Detective Mertz asked.
“No not really. She mainly lived here in Los Angeles and never ventured far. She loved the city life too much. We did go camping once and lasted only the one night or half a night.” Nick replied.
“Where was this? Maybe she wanted to take revenge on you through Brianna for taking her camping.” Detective Mertz questioned.
“What? You serious? She would take Brianna there because she didn’t like camping?” Nick asked weird.
“You wouldn’t believe the tiniest detail can solve things.” Mertz replied.
“We just went to Saddleback Butte. She’s a photographer and wanted to do some photography and thought of this place. Out in the desert and had horse riding of what she wanted to do.” Nick answered, trying to remember the time but didn’t want to.
“What happened there? Why did you leave?” Mertz asked.
“We were arguing, I was trying to help her with the riding and she got angry and after a while quit and wanted to come home.” Nick replied.
“Any other places where you have like argued? Had favourite places?” Vince asked.
“We had a few but nothing really significant.” Nick sighed leaning back, burying his heads in his hands.
“Could you name them? Nick, I know this is hard but we need to get this to get Brianna back.” Mertz said. Nick rambled off a few places and after a few more questions, he left, Nick feeling exhausted.

“How’d it go?” Howie whispered as Nick walked in Mark’s bedroom. Mark asleep against Howie’s chest, Howie leaning against the bed head.
“Oh man, it was almost like retracing every step where the bitch and I went.” Nick sighed as he sat on the floor leaning against the wall below the windowsill, grabbing one of Mark’s action figures.
“They have any idea?” Howie asked.
“Not telling me, they are going to look into things.” Nick replied.
“You want me to tell AJ and Brian in the morning?” Howie asked.
“Nah, it’s all good thanks. They are coming here for lunch anyway so will tell them.” Nick said.
“No worries.” Howie smiled at him.
“How’d you do it D? Being a Dad?” Nick asked.
“You’re doing fine Nick. Proud of you.” Howie replied knowing what Nick was going to ask.
“I never thought me as a Dad, ya know. Not the marrying kind but Brianna and Mark have changed that for me. I feel like, the moment Brianna is in my arms, I want to marry her right there and then. I don’t wanna let her go.” Nick confessed.
“You will get to do that man, it’ll happen.” Howie replied as he gently removed himself from the bed, Nick getting up with Howie.
“You know, after tonight, I finally believe it. I finally believe it.” Nick said as they walked down the stairs. Once Howie left, Nick for the first time, while angry inside it was Lauren who was behind this, was actually believing that Brianna would be home soon.
Chapter 22 by Ozbsbgirl
Brianna stirred from her sleep to hear the two people arguing in the front room. She couldn’t work out what was going on but it had something to do with Nick. She actually found comfort listening to Nick’s voice being heard around the room where she was. With no slashings for a couple of days, some of the bruises started to heal.

“I tried to be different so he wouldn’t recognise me but he knew. He knew. He knows!” Lauren spoke.
“You silly little bitch. That few seconds has ruined everything. Told you I should have been the one to go.” The unknown voice said.
“I wanted to. I HAD to see him. I still love him.” Lauren said.
“And you will be with him.” The other voice told her. Brianna sat near the door hearing this. Part of her was starting to believe this, and then the other part told her that she will be with Nick. The moment she thought of this, she heard Nick’s voice sing, ‘back here it’s her and me and we’re having our first baby’ on “Weird World”.
“We will have our first baby together, somehow.” Brianna whispered to herself.

“You are almost as bad as her bitch. Let me do the work from now on.” Brianna was interrupted from her dreaming.
“Oh he’ll know you for sure. No way.” Lauren screeched.
“No he won’t. You haven’t thought of padding!” The voice replied. Brianna had no idea Lauren was one of the people involved in all of this.
“You should have chosen a better place. A place where you all have never been before. Don’t you know that that’s there the cops first come!” Lauren retorted back.
“We’ll move tonight.” The voice told her.
“Don’t want to set too many tracks.” Lauren replied.
“If we don’t move, they will come here anyway. We’ll set off different paths and confuse them.” The voice said.
“Ok, fine, whatever. You choose the place.” Lauren said.

Brianna sat there wondering what was going to be happening. She didn’t know if this was a trick or what. Sensing that something was going to happen, Brianna moved back to the corner where she was basically told where she had to stay.

“Alright bitch. Get up. We’re moving. Same rules apply for when you got here.” The other voice said grabbing Brianna’s arms behind her and tying them up, a blindfold around here. “Walk” She was ordered, getting a kick from behind.

“Stop. I need to see you for a minute.” Lauren halted everything.
“What?” The other people muttered. She let go of Brianna, Brianna falling to the ground and walking out the room. Brianna waited there patiently. All of a sudden, she heard silence. After a while she realised she was on her own. She managed to crawl to the corner of where her bedding was, untying the rope as she crawled back and took off the blindfold. Realising they wouldn’t be back for a while, she staggered to the door again. It remained tightly locked. Bolted from the other side of the door, Brianna sighing.

Brianna crawled back to the corner where she was about to spend her seventh week in and sighed. The blanket which was already thin when she arrived was getting thinner by wear and tear and the pillow’s feathers had almost but disappeared, from Brianna’s rants and raves when she first arrived.

Eventually sleep took the better of her.
Chapter 23 by Ozbsbgirl
“You are completely sure?” Brian asked Nick as the guys were in the kitchen organising lunch for the kids, the girls on a day out.
“I’m telling you, it was her. Yeah sure I don’t like her now but I wouldn’t frame her for something like this.”Nick replied.
“Oh shit!” Alex exclaimed.
“So what’s happening now?” Howie asked.
“Well just wait for the cops to get back to me unless I hear or see something sooner.” Nick answered getting pasta out of the oven.
“How long will that take?” Brian asked.
“As long as it takes. I’ll be getting a call by the end of the day of what’s been going on. Mertz seemed real interested in that place up state Saddleback Butte.” Nick said.
“There? But that’s where...” Alex began to say.
“I know!” Nick finished.
“Shit man!” Alex said.
“Oh believe me I was saying a few things more than that.” Nick chuckled.

Sitting down to lunch, the doorbell rang. Brian, Howie, Alex and Nick all looked at each other. “I’ll go.” Nick said getting up. Walking to the front door, he could tell it was Detective Vince Mertz.
“Well?” Nick asked.
“We got a lead. Got teams going there now and informed the local authorities.” Mertz simply told Nick.
“Not Saddleback?” Nick guessed.
“Yeah. You are to stay here. We don’t want you and Mark’s life in danger. Anyway, something may happen. Officer Beazley will stay here with you in case anything happens.” He informed Nick.

“What?” The guys asked.
“The Saddleback. Oh god!” Nick replied sitting back down on his chair, Mark coming up to Nick.
“Your serious?” Howie asked.
“Teams going there now.” Nick replied.
“Going where?” Baylee asked.
“Going to find a friend.” Brian interrupted.
“Cool!” Baylee said.
“Yeah cool.” Brian replied.

“Hey Mark, why don’t you show everyone your new computer game?” Nick asked wanting the kids to leave.
“Come on!” Mark said leaving the kitchen, the kids following along.

“Are we thinking what you going to do?” Howie asked, looking around the guys.
“Thinking what?” Nick asked innocently.
“Taking a drive. Going against what the police have said. It’s not confirmed yet anyway. It’s a lead.” Alex replied.
“No, I am not going to.” Nick said.
“NICK!” They all exclaimed.
“Guys, I’m serious I’m not. I’m going to stay here. You can stay here if you don’t believe me. I need to stay here anyway. In case anything comes through. Got a cop here just in case.”Nick assured them.

Watching the kids play outside, Nick got thinking. “Back in a sec.” He told the guys getting up from the sofa and running upstairs. He ran upstairs and grabbed his computer. Coming downstairs, Alex was coming inside with Jason who was about to go down for his nap.

“What you doing?” Howie asked glancing over the top of Nick’s shoulder fixing a drink for James.
“Hang on and you’ll see.” Nick replied not looking up from the computer.

“These past two months have been incredibly painful for everyone within the Backstreet Boys family and we thank you for your love and support and prayers. We are still involved with the Police who are still helping us to bring Brianna back to us safe and sound. Thanks, Nick.” Nick had typed up on the fan club.

“Think you should have done that?” Howie asked.
“The fans and public deserve something. Nothing has been mentioned since Brianna’s appeal and look how long ago that was. I wanted to do something. I was on twitter the other night and saw support still coming through.” Nick replied.
“What if Lauren and whoever saw it?” Alex asked.
“So what if they saw it.” Nick snapped.
Chapter 24 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
The end? Or the beginning of the end?
No one had been into see Brianna had managed to free herself. A couple of times she managed to drag herself to the door to try and door but it wouldn’t open up. She had to resort down to using the bucket that was left in the room and the blanket to be her bathroom. She had not showered since the video or seen anything since the shower. Her body was drained from no food and water that they stopped giving her. She had to rely on sweat to help her.

It had been a whole week since Lauren and the other person left Brianna to fend for herself in that room. Brianna was facing the reality of now she wouldn’t come out alive. Her breathing was affecting her, she was getting weaker.

Waking up out of unconsciousness Brianna heard noises. She knew she wasn’t hallucinating. She didn’t have the energy to scream out for help. She just sat there curled up. After a while the noise stopped. She took a sigh and went back to sleep.

“No, DON’T” She heard a voice scream. Then she didn’t hear anything more.

On the other side of the door, outside the house, police were there confronting Lauren and the other person.

“She doesn’t love him. She is only using him.” Lauren outraged.
“Don’t do anything dangerous, you are near a naked flame.” An officer called out, Lauren holding a fire lighter.
“She deserves everything she gets. She shouldn’t get away with this.” Lauren yelled.
“But don’t end it this way. There are other ways.” The officer called back.
“You don’t know everything.” The other voice shouted.
“If you explain it to us, sure but not here alright.” The officer told them.
“No, no way. We know what your game is.” The other voice replied, getting angry.

“We just want to end this safely and calmly.” Another officer spoke up
“We want to end this the right way.” Lauren told them.’
“The right way is to end Brianna’s life. She’s worthless.” The other person said.
“No one is worthless.” The first officer told them.
“Except her.” The other person replied next to Lauren who was standing in front of the place where they were.
“Back off, go away, otherwise I won’t be afraid to light this place up.” Lauren threatened.
“Alright fine.” The first officer said as he signalled for the other police to leave the area, of where they could still where Lauren and person from a distance.

“You seriously wanna blow this up?” The person asked Lauren.
“Destroy everything. Sure. Bitch is laying there. She’ll be gone soon. May as well help them with someone.” Lauren replied.
“But...” The person began to say.
“Don’t tell me after all this time, all this planning....come on!” Lauren said.
“Well....” They replied unsure.
“Do you want Brianna to be with Nick? We know we are going down, for this anyway. He is blind anyway from having anything to do with her and he would be still blind if he goes back.” Lauren asked.
“Do it.” The person said immediately.

“LAUREN NO!” Nick shouted. Nick raced up the hill, dodging the police running up the hill to stop her.
End Notes:
What do you think will happen now??? Can anyone guess?
Chapter 25 by Ozbsbgirl
“Bri, it’s Nick, can you come over?” Nick asked at the end of the week. Seven weeks since Brianna was kidnapped. It was just days before Thanksgiving. He called Brian early on the Saturday morning.
“Brianna?” Brian instantly replied.
“Yeah.” Nick replied as he finished preparing Mark’s breakfast.
“Be there in 10 minutes.” Brian told him.

“Hey Mark, I wanna talk to you for a sec.” Nick said as Mark munched on his cereal.
“What?” Mark asked.
“Your Uncle Brian is coming over soon.” Nick began to say.
“Baylee coming?” Mark cut in.
“No, he’s not coming. I need you to listen to me.” Nick replied. Mark gave his attention to Nick.
“As I said, Uncle Brian is coming here. I need to go out for a while. Will you be right if Brian stays here with you?” Nick asked.
“You coming back?” Mark asked worried.
“Yeah course I am buddy. I need to go out and do some important things but I will be back.” Nick replied.
“When?” Mark asked.
“Tonight maybe, maybe tomorrow. I don’t know.” Nick replied honestly.
“I wanna come with you.” Mark said tearfully, knowing that the last time he heard these words, Brianna went. Nick had to compose himself.
“This isn’t like your Mom, Mark. I promise you. I will be back.” Nick tried to assure Mark, bringing out his pinky finger. “Pinky swear?” Nick said.
“No.” Mark replied upset.
“Mark, Mark.” Nick called out to Mark who ran up to his room, the doorbell buzzing.

“Hey man.” Nick said stressed, opening the door and running up the stairs to Mark’s room.
“Mark, I promise you I will be back. I will call during the day but I do need to go out. I will bring back a surprise for you.” Nick tried to reason with Mark, knowing that it would be impossible.
“You promised you wouldn’t leave me.” Mark cried.
“I know I did, I know, but this is super dooper important. You can call me anytime. I will have my phone with me but I do need to go.” Nick said.
“Hey Mark, what do you say, when Nick is gone, we go and raid his computer games? I know where the best games are. He hides them from me because I beat him at it.” Brian suggested to Mark to get his mind off things.
“Like what?” Mark asked.
“Well I always win and can show you on how to win on so many games. But I’m not going to tell while Nick is here. It’s our secret.” Brian replied sitting on the bed next to Mark cuddling him, going to tickle him. Mark just cackled laughing. Brian giving Nick the signal to go. It broke Nick’s heart to see Mark like he did.

As he drove to Saddleback Butte he prepared himself for anything. He prepared himself for the fact of having to only come back again, pretending to be nice to Lauren to end the situation, to even the worst case scenario which he didn’t think too much about. Either way, Nick was going to Saddleback Butte.

Arriving at Saddleback Butte State Park, Nick was cleared to go in and help with the situation, see what was going on from a distance.

“I want her out now. This ends today.” Nick threatened the police officers pushing his way through them. If he could get through thousands of fans waiting to see him at airports, hotels, venues, he could handle a few police officers. Nick began his race to the top.
Chapter 26 by Ozbsbgirl
“LAUREN NO!” Nick shouted. Nick raced up the hill, dodging the police running up the hill to stop her.
“Nick?” Lauren said stunned.
“Yes it’s me. Lauren this ends today. It’s been seven weeks now. I think you have made your point.” Nick replied, wondering who the person was next to Lauren.
“What points that?” Lauren asked breathing heavily.
“That you don’t want me to be with Brianna.” Nick replied catching his breath.
“How do I know that you are playing with me here? How do I know that you are playing with the cops down there?” Lauren asked anxiously.
“Take off the mask at least. I know it’s you. We all know it’s you.” Nick pleaded.
“Don’t listen to him. He’s playing with you.” The person said.
“Seriously I am not. I want this to end peacefully. Safely. Be less trouble for everyone.” Nick replied. Lauren and the person looked at each other.
“He knows it’s me.” Lauren said, Nick being able to just hear. Both turned to face Nick, Nick looking hopeful. Lauren removed her mask.
“Thank you.” Nick said.

“So what you going to say? Say to try and stop us from doing this?” Lauren asked Nick sarcastically.
“Probably only what the cops would have said to you before. Be calm, be rational about this, all that crap.” Nick replied as he slowly moved closer to Lauren and the person and sat casually on a log near them. Nick still curious who it might be.
“I’m sorry on how I cheated on you. I know I should have been more honest with you. I shouldn’t have gone away when you were home in LA. I should have stayed with you. Can you forgive me?” Lauren pleaded looking at Nick.
“I’ve had plenty of time to think this through, I forgive you.” Nick replied looking up at her.
“It’s a trick, he’s lying.” The other person yelled.
“This isn’t a trick. I mean it. We are human. We have our faults.” Nick continued as he stood up and walked over to Lauren, ever so slowly.
“You mean it?” Lauren asked.
“Don’t fall for it Lauren.” The other person said.
“How do I know you mean it?” Lauren suddenly asked, nervously.
“May I?” Nick asked approaching Lauren. He had to do it. He prepared for this to happen.
“What?” Lauren replied. Nick walked right up to her, with one hand, lifting her chin up, planting his lips on hers, arms going around her.
“No, no, no.” The other person cringed. Lauren was engaged in Nick’s kiss too much that she dropped the firelighter onto the ground.

“I’ll do it.” The other person sighed bending down and grabbing the fire lighter. The person walked around to the corner where there was a heating system for the house. Nick continued to kiss Lauren, Nick’s eyes opened, watching the police sneak up behind him to grab Lauren and the other person.
“MOVE! MOVE NOW!” Police shouted. Nick was shoved to the ground, two police officers grabbing Lauren and running down the hill to arrest her. Another two officers grabbed the other person near the heating system.
“Call the fire brigade.” One called out.

“BRIANNA!” Nick cried out!
Chapter 27 by Ozbsbgirl
Author's Notes:
Thankyou so much reading this chapter, and most of all this part. Stayed tuned for Part 3 of I Got You. A very very very special thanks to DelphinaCarter for her input and advice for this part.
Smoke started to fill the house. Brianna was trapped. She couldn’t do anything. The available officers grabbed fire extinguishers and started to defend the house. Shooting their way inside. Smoke had engulfed the front room. Nick impulsively went inside. His shirt covering his mouth and his sunglasses his eyes, he went on in search for Brianna.

“Bri....Bri..” Nick tried to call out to her but he was coughing with the smoke. Keeping his mouth shut, he moved around the front room. He saw something that looked like a lock on the door towards the back. He grabbed an officer and showed it to him. The lock hot to touch, he tried to shoot the lock loose but it wouldn’t budge. The bullet missed it.

Nick began kicking the door down. He tried to run and push his shoulder against it but the door wouldn’t move. He tried and tried until he was stopped. The adrenalin was kicking in now. He wasn’t going to give up. He wanted to get Brianna. He could hear banging on the other side of the door. Nick was then tapped to on the shoulder. “Get out.” He was told. Nick objected, and fought with the fire fighter who had arrived by this time. Nick was then moved to the corner.

The moment the door was open, Nick pushed past the firemen and went into the room. He saw Brianna. Without emotion or thinking he scooped Brianna in his arms and made his way outside, the fireman pushing him. “RUN!” People were saying. Outside paramedics scooped Brianna off Nick and ran down the hill, Nick doing the same, trying to catch his breath. All of a sudden, explosion. The house went up in seconds.

Down the end of the hill, the safety area Nick caught up with Brianna. “Bri, Bri. It’s me baby. I’m here. It’s all over.” Nick puffed, stroking her forehead. Brianna could only open her eyes a little.
“Oh thank god.” Nick cried of relief.
“Let’s get a look at you.” A paramedic said.
“I’m fine, you look after her.” Nick replied staring at Brianna.
“You would have smoke you and have lost oxygen. Put this on at least.” The paramedic said putting an oxygen mask on him. In the ambulance, Nick held Brianna’s hand. In his pocket, his phone rang.

“Hello.” Nick answered breathlessly.
“Nick?” It was Brian.
“She’s safe. I’m with her.” Nick managed to say.
“Where are you? Where you going?” Brian asked all of a sudden.
“Going to the local hospital. Tell Mark I will call him soon. I gotta go. We’re fine.” Nick replied.

Arriving at the local hospital, Nick followed Brianna into the emergency room. Nurses got him to eventually leaving the room and get himself checked out. “I wanna see Mark. Mark needs to see his Mom.” Nick told the medical staff.
“Later tonight.” Detective Mertz walked in.
“How is she?” Nick asked.
“Ain’t good but we are getting a helicopter to get you back to LA.” Mertz replied.
“Who was the other person? I need to know.” Nick asked.
“Nick, concentrate on yourself.” Vince replied.
“Please? I have to know. I need to see this person.” Nick pleaded. Mertz walked outside and came back in with two officers standing by this person.

“MOM!” Nick freaked out.
“Nick, Nick.” Jane tried to say.
“Get out. Get away from me. You are not my Mom anymore. You almost killed the woman I love, her son from anxiety and me. Get out.” Nick managed to scream at her. When she walked out, Nick leaned back on the gurney and tried to take this in.

Once Nick was settled down, he was allowed to go and sit with Brianna.
“I knew I’d see you again.” Brianna whispered.
“Me too. Me too.” Nick whispered back. They both didn’t fight the tears.
“I love you Nick.” Brianna cried.
“I love you too. It’s alright now. I got you.” Nick replied holding her hand gently.

Within the hours, they were on their way back to Los Angeles. The only one Brianna and Nick wanted to see was Mark. Brian met them at the hospital, spent a few minutes with them before leaving the 3 of them alone. To spend their first night as a family. As Brianna slept, Mark in the middle, Nick sang to himself ‘I Got You.” “You sure got me.” Nick said as he drifted off to sleep.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10020