Cupid's Intervention by summer03
Summary:


AJ is known for being a handsome bad boy with a great voice, but he also is known for having bad luck in love... what happens when Cupid intervenes?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Action, Dramedy, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: No Word count: 20924 Read: 26923 Published: 02/14/10 Updated: 04/11/11

1. Introduction by summer03

2. Chapter 2 – Adjusting by summer03

3. Chapter 3- New PA by summer03

4. Chapter 4– Getting to know you… by summer03

5. Chapter 5- Janet is not the "one" by summer03

6. Chapter 6 – Easier said than done… by summer03

7. Chapter 7 - Unexpected turn by summer03

8. Chapter 8- Policy on transfers? by summer03

9. Chapter 9 - St Paul. by summer03

10. Meeting by summer03

11. Good bye by summer03

12. Two can play that game! by summer03

13. WARDROBE MALFUNCTION by summer03

14. Tada! by summer03

15. Just my luck. by summer03

16. Devastated by summer03

17. Backfired by summer03

18. I quit... by summer03

Introduction by summer03
How many of you have heard the infamous phrase… “Love never fails?” Well let me assure you it’s true, I should know. My sole purpose of existence is that to make sure every human in the world finds love.

Let me introduce myself first off, my name is Amor. I know what a name right? But if my purpose it to help you and everyone find love I think its suits well. Anyway now that I have introduced myself and my purpose I should let you know that I was put to this job by the almighty so yeah he does exist to all you skeptics.

I know what you’re thinking, if that is the case why does he have helpers? It’s easier to keep track but trust me its hard to work when he knows what you’re doing before you think it. So trust me… my job is not easy.

Unlike him, I can’t be in all places at all time so I have my helpers. You’re getting it right? I hope so because this is where my story takes place.

Well first I should say my position is what you humans would call a manager… I am the eldest and I get many new helpers daily. Maybe later I’ll share how that happens. Any who I can tell you this we look much like you humans except we are invisible to human eyes. Among other perks… like I never grow old yeah I know great.

There I go again getting out of subject. In case you haven’t noticed I am a tad bit of a chatter box and I do tend to get out of subject a few times but trust this story is worth it.

Hmm how do I start? I guess I can start by telling you our number one rule in I guess I could say cupid world. FYI we don’t have wings or an arrow and bow. All that is a myth we are actually like angels but we have a designated job… love.

Oh right our number one rule is that we can never fall in love. We do love though each and every human just like every other celestial creature. Now our kind does have deeper feelings so we can help our human find his or hers soul mate. Sometimes we’ve had a few of us actually fall in love with there human but after a little talking to well they understand it’s not possible.

Until Jade came along that is…

[Flashback]

“Number 45893,” I yelled as I welcomed our new crew. I smiled at the girl in front of me she looked confused. She was gorgeous her nervous smile told me she was lost. “Sweetie don’t worry… I’ll help you just relax,” I told her as I got her file.

“Jade McAllister right?” I gave her my best smile.

“Yes,” she nodded. “I was told to come to find Amor,” she told me killing my name. I knew then she must have been an American.

“Right I am Amor your guide through this course. I am sure Paul told you what you were chosen for right?” I asked her.

“Sort of I really didn’t understand.” She told me again the nervousness showing through her gorgeous eyes.

I gave her another smile and then I grabbed the other file that came attached to hers. I smiled as I saw whose file it was. I handed to her and then I watched as she looked at the file. “Whose he?”

“That is Alexander James McLean, born in Palm Beach Florida on January 9th 1978. He has had more than enough girlfriends and yet hasn’t managed to find his soul mate. He is about to turn thirty one and now it has come to our ears that he still has not found his true love. I can see why it’s difficult he is famous and he can have any girl he wants any day.” I told her as she continued to eye the file.

“I know he may look scary… but trust me we wouldn’t be helping him if it were true. He’s a real sweet heart he just needs to see it himself.” I fell silent as I saw her finally gawk as she saw his picture carefully.

“Are you serious? I mean I know who he is; he’s a Backstreet boy!” she told me putting the file down on my desk.

“I know well who he is… Nice band really good voices.” I told her grabbing the file again and it disappeared at my touch.

“I can’t do this… why am I here anyway?” she asked finally I saw her fear. A very human like emotion.

I walked up to her and smiled, “Jade you’re an angel.” As I told her, her eyes widened in surprise. “You are a love angel, cupid if you can understand that better.” I hate when Paul doesn’t explain my new people what has happened and why they have been sent to me. Well really I can’t hate Paul but it does annoy me a little… I really can’t feel annoyed or anger much. Like I said I am Amor.

[End of Flashback]

That day I explained to Jade why she was there and how she had died. It had been a tragic car accident caused by a drunk driver. It was the first time Jade had accepted to go with her college friends to a frat party. She was only twenty three, but let’s not dwell on the past and let’s get to the point of my story.

Jade was not so happy about her mission see she actually had been a very big closet fan of the Backstreet boys. Her favorite? You guessed it AJ now before you start putting one on one there I did not have anything to do with that. Besides I have no hand in choosing that part, I just get the files as they come.

The point is she has no choice it’s her job to find him a soul mate. I told her that as time went by her feelings about her human life would be replaced by the love we all have for humans in general. Normally that is what happens to you know.

So I must tell you that we do give a little training on the whole cupid thing. As well we can sort of materialize into any human we want to help in a physical way. I know another perk. So finally I felt she was ready and so I sent her on her mission just like I do to every other newcomer.

Now let me again repeat that I am not the almighty and can sort of surpass checking on some of helpers but not for very long. I just didn’t realize that in those few days I didn’t check up on Jade I would unleash a new passion one I have never seen before…. It was AJ’s last chance to find his soul mate and Jade’s chance to fulfill her goal as an angel of love.
End Notes:
Ok so I had taken this story down... but I have been able to keep writing more on it and being the day it is... I decided to put it back on... I am posting the first two chapters but later I will post the two new ones. Please let me know what you think. :)
Chapter 2 – Adjusting by summer03
[Jade’s POV]

I was sad I realized my life was cut so short. Now here I was learning my new job. Amor had been very nice and I knew soon I would be like her. Yet something in me still yearned to get a chance to go back, I had so much I still wanted to experience.

“Do you know how my parents are handling my passing?” I asked her on one of our one on one lessons. I was still learning my abilities as an angel. I was also very intrigued by this new world.

“Well why don’t we go and see,” I heard Amor tell me as she took my hand and told me to close my eyes and think of them, my parents.

As soon I did I was there… my two story house in the small town of Mesquite Texas. As we walked in I found my father sitting in his chair the T.V. on CNN like always but he didn’t seem to be at all into what the news reporter said. He looked far away and distant that’s when I saw my baby picture in his hand. I wanted to run to him and tell him I was ok but Amor told he could not see me.

I watched as my mother came from the kitchen with to cups of coffee and handed one to my father. “Our little angel finally joined god in heaven,” she told my father as fresh tears ran down her face. I knew I wanted to cry but again to my surprise no tears came. I would never feel tears roll down my cheek.

Amor wrapped her arm around me and spoke, “They will surpass it… Jade its part of life.” I just smiled wryly at her what did she know. Wait maybe I should have not thought that, but it was too late she answered my question even when I had not asked it out loud.

“I once was human and just like you my life was cut short. I had loved ones like you. Jade trust me this will pass and your parents will heal not completely but they will learn to live without you. Besides you could always come and check on them, as long as you don’t intercede with there guardian angels of course.” I arched my brow at her last comment.

She then cleared her throat and pointed toward my parents again and right behind them stood to other angels? “Those are your parent’s guardian angels.” She told me as she waved at them. My mother’s guardian angel was a very gorgeous woman with a very antique wardrobe and she looked up at me and smiled. Then all of a sudden she was beside me, she took me by surprise when she hugged me. “We finally meet,” she told me with a warm smile on her face.

“That is your relative,” Amor told me as she explained to me my family tree from my mother’s side. I then met my dad’s guardian angel he was from an earlier decade the 60’s he was my father’s great Uncle Mark. He was funny and even told me a few things about my father I had never known.

I left with Amor with a more peaceful set of mind knowing my parents were in good conditions. I was surprise to learn that I was to leave on my mission the next day, I was ready Amor had told me.

I have to admit I was a little excited to go… I mean how lucky was I to have gotten a pop star as my mission? AJ McLean had always been my favorite backstreet boy and of course I had all there CD’s including there most recent Unbreakable. I was actually a little disappointed that the boys had not put Dallas in there list of cities in the U.S. that they would tour.

I guess I could admit I was also a little relieved because truth be told I didn’t have one single friend that thought anything good about the Backstreet boys. Most of my friends were over them, they were more into the hip thing. Not that I didn’t like that stuff but the boys had always kept a special part of my heart.

As I learned what was left for me to learn I felt nervous, I mean I knew how I should feel like for the many reasons that Amor had already listed for me but I was fairly new so of course I still had most of my human emotions. I knew they would not last though.

Finally the day had come and as I stood in front my mentor I sighed, “I can always come to you for help right?” I asked her as she handed me AJ’s file. “Yes,” she told me smiling.

“Concentrate and remember you can do this. Go find him his soul mate,” she told me and then I closed my eyes and began to think of him.

Not even five seconds later I began to hear loud screams and the tune for “I’ll never break your heart,” I smiled as stood right beside AJ his voice causing the screams. He had a wonderful voice that was undeniable.

I swear that if my heart could jump out of my chest it would have. For an instant I just hummed to the song looking around the arena. Then I realized I was in Mexico as I began to read the signs in the audience. They were on tour and then there I saw it AJ was definitely flirting with one of the girls in the front row.

I even felt the butterflies in my stomach with that breath taking smile he had giving her. I sighed and then I was right beside the girl. She was definitely flirting back, but my new cupid intuition told me she was not his soul mate.

I realized that this mission was going to be harder than I had thought. I knew then it was going to take me more than just one day to find him the girl of his dreams. I sighed and then I headed back to the stage and decided that I might as well enjoy the concert. This was by the far the best seat I ever had at any concert….

******

After that very electrifying concert I followed him to his dressing room. I watched him closely as he looked at himself on the mirror and then I saw it in his eyes. He knew that something was missing in his life…

“Fuck,” he said and I cringed at his language. I watched him take out a cigarette and begin to dial in his phone. I only shook my head as I saw him; he was definitely different to what I had imagined him to be.

I listened as he talked to his mother about some of his recent decisions on his solo career. I turned in time to see Nick come in with a grin on his face. “Yo AJ guess who’s going to be at the after party tonight?” he had asked him.

“I don’t know Nick who?” AJ said putting his phone away after saying good bye to his mother.

“The girl that was flirting with you tonight. Someone is going to get lucky tonight,” he told him. I grimaced at the thought; I definitely needed to find him the right girl soon. I just had to learn more about him.

I will not go into details on what happened that night because well lets just say it’s not G rated. I needed to get close to him and find out what exactly he wanted, because of one thing I was for sure. He did not want to marry one of his groupies let alone a money hungry girl that only wanted him for his money. I had seen a lot of that that night.

As I watched him sleep in his hotel room with that girl still his bed with him. I came up with a plan on how I would find out more of him. I was aloud to use my powers to find as many information to help him find “her” so my plan was ok to use. I smiled to myself and then walked out of his hotel and went to work on my great plan.

*******

[Amor’s POV]

It would have been a great plan… but I won’t spoil this story by telling you what that was you’ll just have to continue to read… I’ll let Jade and AJ himself tell you the rest.
Chapter 3- New PA by summer03
I had just gotten through customs when I saw this beauty standing with a sign with my name on it. I was a little confused but curious on why she was looking for me. “Yes how can I help you,” I asked her looking around for my PA Christine she was supposed to be here to pick me up.

“Hi I am Jade your temporary PA… I don’t know if Christine has contacted you yet. She had a family emergency and had to leave back to New Jersey. Family problems,” she told me giving me a killer smile.

I was still trying to comprehend what she was saying… Christine had left and now I was stuck with her. Not that I minded she was cute but I was used to my PA. “Who hired you?” I asked her as she took one of my hand bags and began to walk to the car.

“I actually am one of Christine’s friends who happens to love her enough to help her out. I promise she will be back soon… no worries. Trust me I know enough to know not to screw up… she left a detailed notebook with everything I should know about you. I already have your coffee waiting for in the cup holder just like you like it. Welcome home sir…” she smiled again as she opened the trunk of the car and put in my luggage.

“Sir?” I said smiling at her… “Christine knows better than to call me like that. It makes me feel old, please call me Alex.” I told her as I took a seat on the passenger side taking my cup of coffee and taking a sip. Just the way I liked it alright.

“How was your tour sir… I mean Alex?” Jade asked me as she began to drive.

“Good and tiring like always. I am so ready to crash in my bed as soon as we get home,” I told her yearning to be in my bed catching on my z’s.

I had dozed off on the drive home and was awoken by a pat on my shoulder and an angelic face looking down on me… “I must have fallen asleep,” I told her clearing my throat and stepping out of car and walking straight to my door.

I hadn’t even taken two steps inside the house when I was attacked by my dogs. I couldn’t help but play with them… they were my babies. If I could count on an undying and always there love it was from my dogs and my mother. I shook away my thoughts not wanting to remind myself just how pathetic I was. I was still single and jealous of three of my band mates… well technically two since Kevin was no longer a Backstreet boy. It was Nick and I that were always getting into the fucked up relationships, only getting used for our status as celebrities.

I was brought back from my dog’s affection by Jade’s voice asking me if I needed anything from her. I shook my head and told her to go about her regular chores. I finally stood up and walked up my stairs into my room. I sighed in relief as plopped to on my bed and after that I didn’t think of nothing else…

******

[Jade’s POV]

I had walked the dogs and fed them and now I was looking through his schedule, even though he had a week off, it didn’t mean he was free to do what he wanted. He had appointments to many different things from meeting with producers to seeing his dentist. He schedule was pretty crammed how was I going to be able to get him a date?

Did he even have a certain someone he thought was cute? Or did he even have a “girlfriend” per say not serious but maybe that he was dating? I knew I had to find out so concentrating I swept into his dream…

I gasped as I entered it he was weird alright it was he had stepped into a fantasy world. Different colors everywhere and as she walked into this dream world he saw AJ sitting on the sand with a guitar in had singing to a mermaid that looked like her? What was this suppose to mean? Just like that dreamed disappeared now it looked like they had traveled back to AJ’ s past it was clear he still could not forget that part of his life.

She could feel his pain and could feel his sadness. He was ashamed of his past yet he kept torturing himself with it even in his sleep. She was entranced she did not realize he was behind her till she felt his hand on her shoulder making her turn. I blushed and sighed at his stare it was intense and full of curiosity.

“Who are you?” he asked me as he caressed my cheek. “I must be turning crazy… I mean I just met you today and now I am dreaming about you.” He told me laughing to himself.

I smiled at him and knew it was best if I vanished and so I did. I could hear him tell me not to go… But I knew better I couldn’t let him get suspicious. I came back to the real world and began to look through his house to find out as much as I could from his ex girlfriends so that I could make sure to keep him away from that kind.

I didn’t understand why as I looked through his things the only thing I kept thinking about was his soft yet manly hand on my cheek. He had his charm and from what I read in his file he was a good guy why was he targeting bad woman to himself?

I smiled as I found some promising information, I found a copy of the book his mother had written about him a few years earlier… I had meant to buy and read it but my college life had not given me time. Now here was my opportunity… I took the book and headed to a place were I couldn’t be bothered. Thanks to my new powers I finished the book in a glance feeling even more compassion for the man I had sort of been disgusted by earlier this week.

I had realized now how he dealt with his pain and that was caused him to make poor decisions sometimes like sleeping with his fan. I knew then I would be determined to find him a good woman… As I thought about it more I realized that he had said he trusted Christine. Maybe Christine was the one he just didn’t know it yet.

I was back in my human form and in the laundry room fetching the dogs some food. When I came out there was AJ shirtless yawing? “Hello you’re awake already?” I asked him as I turned trying not to gawk at him.

“Yeah…couldn’t sleep after I left a really good dream.” He told me as he watched me feed his dogs. “So Jade tell me a little bit about you… how did you meet Christine and why hasn’t she presented me to you?”

I tried to think of good reason and then I had it… “I one of her more quiet friends, I actually only talk to her by emails mostly. I guess we both are so busy with life we don’t really talk or hang out much but we are there for each other when we need to be.” I told him giving him a smile.

“Interesting… I just would have thought that Christine would want to present me her single friends she knows I am in the market for good girls. To bad she’s engaged not because I you know its just I wish I would find someone like her.” he said awkwardly, turning red.

I laughed… that explained why he hadn't hit on Christine. “I am engaged too actually, I lied.” I knew it had to be done but down deep down I wanted to say the contrary. I couldn’t and I knew well I was dead and only to help him. I had to let go of all my human emotions and soon…
End Notes:
OK here is the next chapter... I am still working on this bear with me it will get interesting. :) please let me know what you think.
Chapter 4– Getting to know you… by summer03
[AJ’s POV]

“I need you to accompany me shopping today Jade. I have a birthday bash to go to and need a woman’s advice on what to get my friend.” I told my new PA Jade. I still could understand why I felt the need to stare at her so much. It was like she had some sort of aurora around her. I mean I’m not into all the physic shit but something about her made me feel safe.

I still could not understand why I was not yet freaking out or why I didn’t care that Christine hadn't told me about her sudden emergency? In head I go this tiny hope or idea that maybe she had done it on purpose? She had always told me she would find me the right girl for me… I had always taken it as a joke though nothing serious but what if it was?

Then as I remembered a conversation earlier where Jade told me she was engaged through back to ground zero. I smiled at her as she looked up from her planner. She had the most beautiful eyes ever and I felt at peace when I looked into them.

“Ok what time?” Jade asked me as she looked at me curiously.

“In an hour or so,” I answered a little embarrassed by my behavior. I sighed and then I had to ask her… “Jade here have a seat we need to talk,” I told her determined to find out more about her.

I saw her hesitate as she awkwardly sat back down. “Yes am I doing something wrong?” she asked me yet she looked like she had left my room and was daydreaming? Finally she cleared her throat and gasped, looking a little too scared.

“I’m not going to fire you…if that is what you’re assuming.” I said clearing that out. She only nodded but somehow I knew she wasn’t completely sure about my statement.

“Listen I just think I will feel much more comfortable if I knew a little more about you.” I told her giving her my most sincere smile. “I mean I really don’t know you and Christine knew everything about me… I know she left you a notepad with everything you need to know but I would prefer for it to be me who tells you. In return I want to know more about you.”

“Ok,” she said with a whisper putting away her notepad and looking down to her fingers like she was being interrogated by a cop. I had to smile her skin was just so inviting a crème color and her eyes standing out from her face an intense green. I felt shivers as she looked up to stare at me for a second before looking back down.

“You know I don’t know if anyone ever told you this but your eyes are gorgeous I am sure that is why your mother named you Jade.” I told her not helping myself at a little flirtation.

“So what do you want to know? Do you want to see my resume?” she asked me completely ignoring my compliment.

“No I hate to read them they are so professional I am not a big corporation I am just a guy who needs help keeping his shit together.” I laughed with her when she laughed I assumed it was due to my bad language I still have to work on that… what can I say?

“Ok,” she bit her lip and smiled.

“So lets start with the basics,” I told her rubbing my hands together for emphasis. “Full name please…”

“Jade Mc…Mason.” She said shyly and then clearing her throat. “Do I need to tell you my whole name?” I asked her.

“No I know it,” she told me smiling. She was nervous I could tell.

“Ok next, Birthday? I need that one because I give my employees something on there birthdays.”

“March 17, 1985.” She answered quickly.

“Young aren’t you? Well I thought you were younger actually. Favorite color?” I asked almost sure she would say green.

“Yellow and black if I have to choose,” she said I could see she was starting to feel more at ease.

I arched my brow at her answer, “Nice choice…”

“Yeah well I do like all the warm colors really…that’s why my favorite season is fall.” I smiled when she began to share more about herself. I could definitely see myself getting to know her more there was something stopping me though… her fiancé.

**********

[Jade’s POV]

“I actually wanted a Harley but my parents would’ve killed me first than to allow me to get one,” I told him… we had been at it all day even now in the mall as we looked from store to store trying to find his friend Janet a gift.

“So you like bikes, I pictured you in a beetle or something like that.” he told me as we entered Express. I smiled at his comment; I knew I shouldn’t be doing this I was supposed to finding him someone. But I had a good excuse Janet… she was on my list. I was going to find out more about her. She was my new prospect.

He had talked about his love for her friendship maybe if I played the cards right Janet would be Mrs. McLean. I was going to make sure I dug into that friendship more later today when I wasn’t with him; I would immaterialize and go looking for this Janet.

I also needed a break from my human form. I had learned that we really should not stay long in them… there must be a reason for it. “So how long have you known Janet?” I asked him as we went to the accessories.

“For a long time actually… She’s been there for me and I consider her a very good friend.” he answered looking at me curiously. So quickly made it clear I was just trying to find out more about her so we could get her the appropriate gift.

“Maybe you should come with me to the bash, its going to be fun.” He told me catching me by surprise. I shook my head quickly knowing where this was going… I couldn’t let it happen it was the number one rule! I had to find this Janet girl quick.

“I can’t I have to work and…” he put his hand up to shut me up.

“No you work for me remember? So I say you’re coming with me and so now we also have to shop to get you a nice dress.” He told me a triumphant smile on his face. Maybe be I should have materialized into a man… but then my plan might have backfired.

No I could do this… besides I was starting to feel more like a cupid. Little by little I could perceive more things that humans couldn’t beside all I need was one good shot with Janet and maybe AJ would find his match.
End Notes:
ok... so here the next chapter... things are to evolve.
Chapter 5- Janet is not the "one" by summer03
[Jade’s POV]

I watched as Janet moved around her room preparing everything for her bash. She was excited and she looked like a descent girl alright. Her brown hair and brown eyes gave out her excitement. I was starting to like her very much and she seemed to not to really care that she was friends with a backstreet boy…or two.

That’s when I saw it the twinkle in her eye at the mention of Nick Carter. I saw how she excitedly spoke to her friend about maybe this time Nick would notice her. I felt bad for her and I wanted to help her out. She was a good girl she was and maybe Nick needed a girl like her in his life.

I know what you’re thinking I can change her feelings and lean then toward AJ but sorry to disappoint you I can’t. She must have some small feeling for him and she did but it was friendship not love. Her heart only had eyes for Nick; I wondered if Nick didn’t notice them? It only had taken me a few minutes to decipher her feelings toward the blond man.

So as quickly as I came to her I vanished and appeared back in the big house AJ called home. It was well past twelve and he was still out with his best friend Chris. As tempted as I was to go to where he was I opted for rearrange my tactics to finding the future missus.

I was beginning to hate myself for not being a good cupid. I didn’t know how long this would take but the faster the better… because for one I didn’t like the feelings I starting feel for AJ. Not that I was planning to let my human emotions get the best of me. I knew it was just time that I needed.

My thought where interrupted and I got startled when I heard his voice along with two more coming into his house. Lucky for me I was in cupid form so they could not see me. I watched curiously as he was followed by his friends. One I knew for sure… Chris. The other I was sure was a new acquaintance and maybe just for the night. I couldn’t deny and say she wasn’t beautiful but she was not what AJ needed.

My next action would be to stop AJ from doing his little one night stands it was horrible and bad for his rep. I followed her with my gaze as I saw her eyes sparkle at the grand house and everything in it. She had excused herself to the restroom.

That’s when I heard the question that made me stop in my tracks to follow the woman to the restroom. “Is she here? Or do you think I can meet her?” Chris asked curiously to AJ who seemed to turn red at his questions.

“No she’s not here she works for me not lives with me. I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to meet her, then it will be obvious you don’t know how to play off anything. Just wait till Janet’s party the day after tomorrow.” AJ told him smacking his arm. Were they talking about me? I looked carefully and saw the look on AJ’s face it was one of someone who had just found a new crush. I shook my head and yet my heart pounded fast in my chest well if I had heart that is… it felt like it did. I couldn’t help but smile… but quickly I stopped my own thoughts and concentrated on AJ’s words.

“She’s so different Chris and it’s like I can be me around her. I don’t dude but I think god is answering my mother’s prayers. What a coincidence that Christine has an emergency and so she sends Jade to assist me when I am gone?” he said in a whisper to Chris who looked amused.

“But don’t forget you said she was engaged… doofus and besides I thought you were into all the superstitious shit.” Chris told AJ as he took a seat on one of the couches. “Man I need to meet this girl… she has some power over you.”

“I don’t know maybe I always have believed in the inexplicable… just never really embraced it. I think she’s not happy with her fiancé and I’m going to find out.” I sighed in horror as my suspicions were confirmed. He liked me and even with this sadness the overwhelmed my body for failing in my duty I felt my mouth spread into a smile. What was I going to do?

*******

[AJ’s POV]

I was kissing this girl I had met but it was just not working. All I kept thinking about was those intense green eyes. I pushed her off me and cleared my throat. “It’s getting late maybe you should go,” I told her getting up and walking away from her.

My friend Chris by then had left, my intentions were to have a little fun with her but tonight I just couldn’t take away those thoughts of loneliness and feeling of surrender to another one night stand. This was getting tiring and I realized it no longer satisfied me. I wanted something like Brian and Howie had. Why was it so hard for me though?

I saw her face it was offended by me turning her down. “Look Casey I know you expected more today but really I am feeling under the weather I’ll call you and promise I will make it up to you.” I gave her my killer irresistible smile and she just smiled forcefully.

“Fine, good night AJ.” She told me grabbing her purse from the table and walking to the door. I sighed feeling bad for her but I just couldn’t go through with it. “do you need a ride?” I asked hey the least I could do is take her back to her place. “NO thanks, I’ll be fine.” I cringed as she shut the door hard.

I fell back into the couch feeling down and for an instant I felt the urge to ease my pain. All I had to do is go get a bottle of Jack, but somehow I couldn’t do it. I smiled as my dogs came to me and joined in my couch. “At least I have you two,” I told them as they kissed me.
I finally forced myself up the stairs to my room. I must have been more exhausted then I had thought because all I remember is tripping on a step and falling to the ground. “Shit,” I screamed. As the pain got to me I had hit my head hard. I felt darkness consume me.

All remember is waking up to Jades beautiful green eyes staring at me with concern. “Ow,” I sighed as my hand went to my head that was now bandaged up. I realized I was now in my bed. “What time is it?” I asked as I tried to adjust my sight.

“Its 1:30 in the morning sir,” Jade told me stopping me from standing up. I looked at her curiously… “How did you get here and why so late? Weren’t you gone since five in the afternoon?” It was like she had been there all long I had remembered the time on my phone as I walked to the stairs. It had only been twelve.

“Right,” she said shyly, “I forgot my cell phone and I really needed it. I figured you would still be out with your friends so I thought I would just sneak in and out. But instead I found you lying on the floor.” She looked concerned as she rechecked my head. “Does it still hurt? Do you want to go the hospital?”

I looked at her and sighed, “No I just need to rest. I will be fine.” I laid back down staring at her, “You can’t go to sleep its not healthy after a head injury. I read that somewhere in a book.” She told me startling me and I open my eyes.

“Ok then I guess I’ll go make me a sandwich.” I told her but quickly changing my mind when I felt a dizzy spell. “Never mind,” I told her grabbing my remote control and turning on my TV. “I get the sandwich for you, just please sir don’t fall asleep.” I laughed at her concern and comment. “I won’t. Thanks Jade you’re an angel, will you stay with me? I mean if its ok I don’t want to impose. I will pay you…” I bit my lip as she stared me as if she was battling with her decision.
End Notes:
Please let me know what you think... :) hope you like
Chapter 6 – Easier said than done… by summer03
Jade’s POV]

I pretended to be asleep on the couch, as Alex continued to watch a movie. I had obliged and stayed with him. I know bad idea but you have to understand something… I was changing but one thing was not my compassion for people. I was starting to feel a strong bond between him and me. I think it’s the whole cupid bond with your human bond or at least that is what I wanted to believe.

I could hear him sigh deeply as he turned off the TV and I felt the couch sink beside me. I knew then he had moved from the love seat to the couch where I had conveniently fallen asleep. I waited patiently for a tap or some sort of call from him but instead I felt a soft feather touches as his fingers caressed my neck. I felt the shivers go down my neck down to my spine. I knew I had to pretend to wake up and I was about to when I heard him whisper and couldn’t open my eyes yet.

“Jade Mason you are something else.” he whispered and there it was his lips just softly brushing my cheek leaving a tingly sensation and for the millionth time since I got this mission I thought I felt my heart beat. I wanted to wake up but I couldn’t do that and embarrass him, he would know then that I had heard him.

I continued to “sleep” but could hear everything. We have better hearing than you can imagine for example I could be in Canada and AJ could be in Brazil if I wanted to hear him I could like if he was in the same room with me. So my ears got to listen to him play his guitar. I smiled as realized just how beautiful his voice was.

Finally opening my eyes knowing he was not in the living room anymore I pretended to wake up. I checked the clock and was astonished to see the time. I walked to his studio where he sat playing to his faithful companions his two dogs. “I'm sorry to interrupt,” I told him pretending to stretch and yawn, hey I have to make it believable.

“No your fine,” he told me as he stopped playing putting his guitar aside. I smiled at him and then he asked, “So you ready for the party? I can’t wait for you to meet Janet and my band mates. They are all going to be there we’re going to sing to her… she doesn’t know.” he told me eagerly I just smiled at him.

“I really don’t think I should go,” I told him trying to find a good excuse. I sighed heavily to by me time and then it hit me, “about that, I know what you said AJ but I was wondering if I could cancel see my fiancé is coming in from San Francisco just to see me.” I bit my lip trying not to show that I was lying through my teeth.

“Oh right I forgot about that, well bring him with you.” I felt horrible as I heard his disappointment at my comment. I shook my head and was about to tell him no but he beat me to it. “I’d love to meet him and it will be fun,” he said as he pretended sudden interest on one of his dog’s collars. “I think spike needs a new collar will you put that on my list to get this week.” He told me still not looking up to see me.

“Ok I will,” I told him and then I cleared my throat. “I’m going to head out for a couple of hours to freshen up and I will be back.” I told him as I turned to leave.

“No just I’ll see you as La Deux tonight with you fiancé in tow.” He told me finally looking back at me but the look was not one I wanted to see in his.

“Please AJ,” I said sighing as I turned to look back at him.

“No seriously you’re turning down a party? You know you and Christine are so different I don’t know how you all could be such good friends. Just please come for me? I already had told my friends you were coming.” He asked with his eyes boring right through mine making feel that tingle again.

I sighed in defeat as I nodded and headed out the door. Great now not only did I have to plan out my night to searching a date for AJ now I had to go find a temporary fiancé. Which I gladly ended up finding; a male escort who I had to dress so it would look like someone I would date. I guess me saying that I wouldn’t let my human feelings get the best of me was easier said than done.

********

[AJ’s POV]

“Happy birthday sweetie,” I told Janet who was looking extra hot today. I mean I knew Janet for quite some time and she is more of the girl next door who also knows how to throw a mean football your way. She is the jean kind of girl but today she was just wow. I had a loss for words. “You look might sexy today? Are you finally trying to seduce me?” I asked jokingly.

She only laughed and then I saw her look toward Nick. I had always had a feeling she was a little sweet on Nick and maybe that’s why I had always seen her as just that my friend. Not that I like her or anything not in the romantic kind of way anyway. “No just got a new look, you know turning twenty seven has made me realized I need to start living a little.”

I smiled at her and then kissed her cheek, “Are you in the wedding blues too? Hell we are pathetic aren’t we not married and getting older by the minute?” I asked sighing with her as agreed by nodding at my question.

“The only difference is at least you get laid quite often on another hand I don’t” she pouted and then laughed at the look on my face. “Just joking Alex relax,” she told me slapping my hand lightly. “Well except for the part about you getting laid often,” she told me winking at me.

I was about to respond to her comment when some caught my eye. There she was Jade and her arm was wrapped around a young man. I couldn’t deny and say he wasn’t good looking because well I could totally see Jade with such type of guy. “I’ll be right back,” I told Janet as I made my way to her. “You made it,” I told her putting my best poker face about being excited about meeting her fiancé.

“Yes we did,” Jaded told me as she smiled at me and then there is was she introduced me to him. “AJ this is Russell my fiancé.” she then told Russell I was her temporary boss till Christine came back. I shook his hand and almost wanted to rip his arm out of anger.

Why was I being to aggravated over this? I barely knew this girl but yet something about her just pulled me toward her an invisible force it seemed. After a short greeting I brought them over and introduced them to my friend and of course the birthday girl. I quickly got the look from Chris that told me he now understood me.

As I danced with Janet I only stared toward the happy couple dancing. Jade looked so in love with Russell and I could help but sigh. I had resign I couldn’t break such happiness. Maybe just maybe I was meant to stay single.

With my new resolution I decided not to stare anymore and looked my dancing partner who still seemed to only have eyes for my buddy Nick. So I did what I did best. I told her I needed a break and took that chance to ask Nick to dance with her while I came back. Worked like a charm, “Yo Nick I really have to go to the men’s room. Do me a favor dance with Janet, she really likes this song.” He didn’t decline and instead stood up and took Janet’s hand. “My pleasure,” he smiled at Janet. “Anything for the birthday girl.” He said as he pulled her back to the dance floor.

I had made her night with just that gesture I knew that for sure. Maybe I should open Nicks eyes, Janet is a good girl for him. She’s real not just some girl trying to use him for fame. He made a mental note to speak to him later… at least he could play cupid with his friends. It was apparent real cupids didn’t exist maybe it was just a stupid tradition after all. It was mythology…

I laughed at myself for even thinking that there really was a cupid out there with a bow and arrow finding everyone’s soul mate. “If there was I wouldn’t be single.” I told myself as I walked into the men’s room.

I guess its easier said than done about trying to date someone who looks so happy with someone else. To think that god had anything to do with my attraction to Jade. What a moron was I? I really was bullshitting when that thought crossed my mind. Maybe I should continue to not believe in what we cannot see.
End Notes:
Hope I am still keeping your interest in this story... its about to get good I promise.
Chapter 7 - Unexpected turn by summer03
[Jade’s POV]

I paid my escort and swore him to secrecy. I walked away not knowing where I actually wanted to be. It was only three in the morning and AJ was still with Janet and Nick. I walked only hearing my heals down the pavement of all these clubs.

“Your walking mighty fast,” Some told me startling me. I turned and saw no one, “who’s there I said not really scared I mean I knew I was dead not like I could die again.”

“Nate Braxton,” he said showing himself to me again. “So you got AJ huh? I hope he is easier than Nick.”

I gawked at him and then it dawned on me, Nick also had someone trying to find him a soul mate. “What are you serious? Nick is so easy have you tried Janet AJ’s friend?” I told him as he continued to walk with me.

“Yep but I have to keep his options open. Janet is nice and trust me has had a couple of dreams involving her. But I don’t there is this other girl named Lauren. So here I am stuck till he chooses I guess.” Nate said as we turned the corner. “In the other hand I heard AJ has a new crush on his PA. You should start from there, I here a lot amongst Nick and AJ when they hang around.”

I bit my lip and coughed, “Yeah ok I’ll keep an eye on that.” I finally answered. “So how long have you been here?”

He looked at me and laughed, “a while but remember for us time does not exist.” He said looking at her, “Your pretty new aren’t you?”

“Yeah… I am still trying to get the hang of all this. How did you… you know?”

He laughed, “Well I died in my sleep of natural causes I was sixty four. I may not look like it now but you the perks of being who we are.” He said smiling at her, “How about you?”

She sighed heavily and looked at him, “I was in a car accident… a drunk driver hit me and my friend. I died instantly and my friend well she survived… I was twenty three. I was in my junior year in college.”

“Wow that’s pretty devastating but look at you now. You’re here again and trying to help someone. I can feel the intensity in you aurora for this man, you’ll find him someone deserving.” He said patting her back. “So you say Janet is there something I should know?”

“Janet is a wonderful girl and I know for a fact she likes Nick for the real him no the pop star Nick. I was trying to see if maybe I could get AJ to look at her as more then friends but when I began to follow her and see her emotions she is definitely crazy for Nick.”

“I will definitely look into that then. If you ever need my help you know where to find ok?” he stopped and looked at her. “Sometimes its better to not literally get involved with your person it just tends to chaos. I should know, I wasn’t always Nicks Cupid.”

“So you never materialized?” Jade asked cautiously.

“no, I thought about it but I haven’t found it necessary. Like I said I’ve have seen the chaos it has created. I have to run I have some plans to work on.”

She nodded and watched him vanish she looked around hoping nobody saw her speaking to herself. She sighed when she realized that almost everyone around was to drunk to care. She finally came into an alley and with a split second thought of AJ she was back at the club but as an angel.

“So are you going to tell me why your so gloomy?” I heard Janet ask AJ as they finished getting all her presents together.

“Me gloomy no! I think your just to drunk to see straight.” He said hugging her. “I’ll take you home,” he said only to hear Nick say other wise.

“Hey AJ if you like I can take her home she lives more toward my house than yours. Besides you look like your dog just died.” Nick said taking the gift bags from AJ’s hand.

“Is that ok with you Janet?” he asked her giving her a smirk.

“Yeah fine,” I saw Janet said turning shades of red. Lucky her I thought but quickly paid attention to what Janet was telling AJ now that Nick had walked to his car. “So your new PA is pretty and I couldn’t help but notice how you looked at her.”

“Jade is a sweet girl but she is engaged and I am not one to separate a happy couple.” He said kissing her cheek. “Don’t worry I will get laid tonight,” he smirked at her and elbowed her… “I have a feeling you will too.” He giggled as Janet turned red.

“I don’t think so Alex you should know I don’t do one night stands.” She told him before she walked out.

********

[AJ’s POV]

My drive to the house one of thinking, seeing Jade happy and realizing that the did look pretty into her made me realize that maybe he really did need to reavaluate my relationships and maybe just me look more closely before jumping into one. I have a lot of wonderful female friends. I could probably start there so many I just sort of lost touch.

The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. I needed to start freaking out soon! I still hadn't heard from Christine which was weird. That is when my mind started going into the weird zone. Jade made me think to much… I liked it when Christine was here and I didn’t have to think about being at home or going to ask my PA where my next appointment would be. With Jade well I can now admit I have a crush on her.

Sue me I am man! But it’s a little more really it’s like she definitely is more mature than her age. I know you know about mistakes in choosing to date someone way younger than me. Not that I am stating that I will date Jade she is out of the picture.

I as drove past more clubs I recognized a face, he had changed clothes but I knew who he was. I would never forget the face of the man that Jade claimed to love. I slowed down and realized he was with another woman going into the club. They were definitely more than friends by the way they touched.

I smiled at the sight and then it went away because I realized how Jade was going to feel when she finds out. Do I want to let her know? I mean I know my chances to maybe get to know her more as a personal interest would increase if I did. But I don’t think I could handle the mess that came when a woman is trying to decide what do about being cheated on. I should know!

I grabbed my phone and dialed a very familiar number I had used this private detective before on one of my exes. Not saying any names. “Hey Richard,” I said into the receiver.

“Alex?”

“Yeah I know it’s late or early but I need your help and you know I will pay you well.” He sighed into receiver realizing he was nuts calling him at this time.

“Ok shoot.”

“Could you meet at Vermont Avenue in the parking lot for Tiger Lily right now?” Alex asked.

“NO I could be there in fifteen,” I heard Richard tell me as I realized he was moving about in his house.

“Ok fifteen,” I told him and did a U-turn going to park.

I sighed and shook my head was I doing the right thing? Was Jade worth it?
End Notes:
Ok finally an update...hope you still like it. review please :)
Chapter 8- Policy on transfers? by summer03
Author's Notes:
OK so I finally got inspired to finish this story... First off you might want to read chapter 8 again I rewrote it... enjoy.
[Alex POV]

I arrived to my house just as the sun was coming up. I could hear my dogs begin to bark with impatience. I smiled as I realized that with this new information I would maybe have a chance after all with Jade.

I waited patiently for her arrival but to my surprise when I heard my door open it was Christine. “Christine…” I said the smile on my face fading.

“Alex I am so sorry about this whole thing with me not being here when you arrived. I had a family emergency but I am back now.” Was the last thing I heard as I entered my own world asking myself why Jade was no longer here.

“Well welcome back… can I ask you something?” I asked her as I hugged her… don’t get me wrong I was glad she was back because well with her I didn’t have to worry about her not knowing me well enough to screw up my schedule.

She nodded and took a seat in front of me with a curious look on her face. “Jade your friend the one you sent here while you were out of town… did she leave already?”

I watched the face Christine made as she looked at me… “Yeah she found out that her fiancé was cheating on her… she left to Colorado to her hometown actually. She was super glad I had come back when I did.”

“Oh so she found out last night?” I asked her as I rubbed my neck.

“Yeah… they got into this really bad fight after they left the party.” I felt a lump on my throat as I heard her…

********

[Jade’s POV]

I felt super guilty as I heard and watched AJ ask about me. I had to stop materializing as myself and now here I was being Christine. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the disappointment in AJ’s face when he saw me walk in as Christine.

I had to do it though after I realized that my escort had been seen with another woman by AJ. I felt horrible and the fact that he showed so much affection and care for me that he hired the private investigator made me feel worse.

I had to hurry and find someone for him even though I really was procrastinating. I don’t understand why but it’s becoming harder for me to focus on the real reason why I am here. I think maybe I should talk to Amor.

I finally realized Alex or should I say AJ was asking me something, “Sorry what did you say Alex?” I said clearing my thoughts.

“I asked if everything was ok. I mean I don’t even know the family emergency but I hope everything is ok.” I smiled at him and my heart felt like it was coming back to life. He was such a caring person.

“Yes I think my father will be fine.” I lied as I finally looked at the dogs and there food tray was empty. “I’m going to feed them.” I said as I walked away.

That night as I watched Alex sleep I almost cried. This job was harder than I thought. Not only because I was falling for my human because now I yearned more than ever to be human again.

I wondered if I would have been human if I would have caught AJ’s eye then. I watched him stir bringing me back from my thoughts and then there it was the whisper from his mouth… he said my name.

I wanted to run to Amor and tell her what is happening to me but I was also scared to do so. I knew the number one rule. Was there a possible way to ask for a transfer?

Instead I pictured Nate in my head and found him sitting in Nick’s living room. He looked pensive when I cleared my throat. “Busy?”

“Jade,” he said smiling as he patted the seat beside him. “What can I do for you?”

“Well I know you’ve been doing this whole cupid thing longer than I have… How do you go about getting a transfer?” I asked cautiously.

He chuckled and smiled, “YOU fell for AJ didn’t you?” I only nodded.

“Is it that visible?” I asked.

“I am not Amor but yeah I knew you had the hots for him since our first talk.” He patted my back and sighed. “I know that when you get transferred you get transferred from department… not person.”

“So I wouldn’t be a cupid?” I stated.

“Pretty much, you get a different department. You can be a healer or an angel of passage. There is many different types of angels.” He explained as he looked up to the ceiling.

“Who’s with Nick?” I asked as I heard a loud thump.

“Well I hope your right about Janet,” Nate said with a smirk on his face.
Chapter 9 - St Paul. by summer03
Author's Notes:
Ok finally a new chapter... I will update sooner now that I know where I am taking this story! woohoo... oh and by the way I rewrote chapter 8 so go back and read it again. :)
[Paul’s POV]

Ok I really have to intervene here. By the way my name is St Paul. I am at the entrance of the Pearly gates. HI.

I have to tell you the sudden current events that lead to what this story is all about. I was the one that came up with the idea. I was like usual going through the people that stood by the gates.

“Number 554545,” I yelled and to my view came a beautiful young lady. She looked lost but she smiled as she saw me. “You fucking exist? Wow.” She told me I cringed at her use of words.

“Yes I do exist child now why are you here? Like that her file appeared on my hand. You fell off the stairs?” I asked incredulously as I saw the big heels she wore.

“I guess I’ve must have slipped.” She said showing off her shoes. “SO am I really in heaven?”

“Well sort of,” I told her as I realized she was in a state of passage. She was still lying in coma in the hospital. “Your still alive… I tell you what why don’t you go back.”

“What no! I like it here…” She pouted. I groaned and snapped my fingers.

“Sebastian…” I said as the angelic being appeared. “She needs some enlightment. She wants to stay in heaven… help her out.” I handed him her file.

“I do!” she said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat.

“I want you to go with Sebastian he will help you change your mind. Your going to go on a journey where you will see all your life played before you.” I told her and her eyes widened.

“Wait what if I don’t change my mind?” She asked.

“Then we will assign you your wings.” I said a little annoyed she was so sweet and flamboyant. “Take her.” I told Sebastian.

I sighed in relief when she was gone, she would be in a state of coma till Sebastian convinced her she was better off back on earth. Or at least that was what I was hoping would happen…

******

“What’s your name again?” I asked the girl that continued to trail kissed down my throat.

“Samantha.” She told me as she straddled me. I was so devastated with knowing I had no chance with Jade that I had gone out and met Samantha.

Now here I was about to have sex with her. She had similar features to Jade except for the green eyes. I was not dominating and assaulting her neck.

“Oh god you feel so good,” She moaned as I began to take of her shirt. I was going to make her feel better soon.

I let her pull my shirt off and then she worked on my pants. “I need you now!” I told her as I went for her skirt.

It didn’t take long for her to start squirming and say my name. I have to say I am quite the ladies man, to bad none of them ever stayed longer than a night or if they did I ended up screwing it up.

After our rendezvous I lit up a cigarette. “Thank you.” I told her as she began to dress.

“No thank you.” She said taking the cigarette from my mouth. I watched her smoke and how she tried to exhale sexily not really accomplishing it.

“I have to go.” I said standing up and buckling my pants. I grabbed my shirt, “I’ll call you.” I said and walked out before she complained. I hated whiney girls.

I only felt crappier now that I had done the deed. I felt emptier than I had ever felt and that’s when my phone rang. “Hey Janet.” I said into the phone.

I heard sobs and then she spoke, “I hate Nick Carter.” she told me and I knew I should have stopped them from leaving together.

“I’m on my way sweetie.” I said and drove away.

******

[Jade’s POV]

I threw a slap at Alex of course he didn’t feel it I was not materialized but I hated him at that exact moment.

He had just finished screwing some random girl. I knew he was doing it out of deception and so even though I was mad I felt guilt.

I sat by him in the car I wondered what had gone so wrong between Janet and Nick. “Jade…” I heard Alex said out loud.

I turned to face him and saw the look. “How can I get a hold of you?” he was talking out loud and I wanted to scream here I am.

I sighed heavily and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. I could feel him but he couldn’t feel me… I was going to find him someone if it was the last thing I did. I just had to really search go into his past… maybe a high school sweetheart?

“Ok I really am fucked up!” Alex said turning to look at the passenger’s side. “I’m not only lonely but now I am going crazy!”

I didn’t understand what he was talking about. I just stared at him dumfounded. “OK AJ you can’t tell anyone you felt someone touch you. Fuck I need to go see a doctor.” He said turning pale.

Had he felt my kiss?
Meeting by summer03
Author's Notes:
oops... I didn't paste all the chapter so might want to re-read it. sorry.
[AJ POV]

“So I’m here,” I said a few days later as I met up with the guys at the studio.

“You look like crap!” Brian told me as he stared at me.

I rubbed my chin and shrugged, “I am growing my beard again.”

“Dude I thought we agreed you wouldn’t do that again!” Nick chuckled as he walked in.

I rolled my eyes at him I knew I shouldn’t be mad at him. He had done the right thing by stopping himself from sleeping with Janet. But there still was the question why did he lead her on, even offered her a ride home.

I would talk to him later that was for sure. Howie had just come in, “Ok so I just wanted to meet with you all before heading to South America. We need to talk about the next record.”

“I have a few songs I’d like throw into the list,” Brian said.

I sighed this was going to be a long meeting to me anyway. I was not in the mood of anything I just wanted to find Jade and tell her that if she went out with me I would treat like a queen.
******

[Jade POV]

“I hate my job!” I screamed as I walked through the busy street. Not like anyone could hear me or see me.

“Well that is not nice to say,” Amor said as she stood by a wall.

“Amor!” I yelped running to her and hugging her I missed her so much.

“Ok hi,” Amor said hugging me back. “So how’s it going?”

I made a face, “Not so good, I am a bad cupid.”

“There is no such thing… well then you will be glad to know that you are wanted up there and you are no longer needed for this particular job.” I dropped my mouth.

“What no I still need time I haven’t found him a girlfriend.” I said feeling guiltier.

“Nope your time is up!” Amor said grabbing my arm. I pulled away and began to cry but no tears came out. “Please don’t try that we me, you can’t cry anymore.” She told me a little annoyed.

“Look I can’t leave him now he is depressed and he needs me!” I said.

“Well I can’t tell you why you are needed up there but trust me you will like it. Jade please don’t make me make you go with me!” I jumped a little at her tone.

“OK… but promise me you will make sure he is ok.”

“He’ll be fine trust me.”

********

[St. Paul]

“Well hello Miss McAllister,” she looked horrified at seeing me.

“I can explain everything really,” she began to mutter. “I am to blame he fell in love with me and I couldn’t help it I fell for him.”

“Oh dear… you have it bad.” I told her handing her a file. “Here take a look at that.”

She opened it and examined the papers in it. “Is this my new person. Rochelle Deanna Karaidis?” she asked as she eyed the photo.

“Well not really.” I said smiling at her then I snapped my fingers and in came Sebastian and Rochelle.

“Rochelle meet Jade.” I said and the perky girl extended her hand. “HI”

Jade looked confused as she eyed her. “Hi,” she looked at me and then to Amor who was just smiling as she looked at the scene in front.

“I don’t get it.” Jade stammered as she put the file on the table.

“Well it’s quite simple really, did you read her file? She is still alive per say… she’s in a coma.” I said quietly.

“But I don’t want to go back! I like it here…” Rochelle interrupted pouting.

I rubbed my eyes, “I know.” I said looking at Jade… “HE has felt your feeling for Alex and knows they are real and since we have found someone who is delighted in being here.” I paused and looked at Jade she looked shocked. “HE has decided to send you back… of course he is not going to put Alex in a platter for you. SO you will go back as Rochelle and Rochelle will take your place of course her goal will be to get Alex to notice you…”

“Can you really do that?” Jade asked skeptically.

I arched my brow, “Are you doubting HIM?”

“NO of course not!” she said smiling at Amor.

“Then its settled lets get this over with,” I said smiling. “Amor, Sebastian get them prepared!”

“Good luck to you both…” with that I left them to there business. I had my other job to do.
Good bye by summer03
Author's Notes:
Introducing Rochelle's POV. Enjoy.
[Jade POV]

I watched AJ sleeping he looked horrible. His beard was just not so attractive, he needed to fix it. “Go on say good by to him.” Amor told me as she pointed to him.

“I can’t wake him up.” I told her. She shook her head then she pulled me toward his bed.

“Get in his dream, tell him goodbye. Because remember that after tonight he won’t remember anything about you or what has occurred in the past few days.” Amor told me and she vanished. “I’ll be back in a few make it quick.”

I smiled and closed my eyes within minutes I was in his dream. He was partying with Nick… it looked like a club. He had a girl by his side with not much clothes on.

I walked by and made sure to capture his gaze. He froze and stood up… he had seen me. “Jade?” he said staring at me. I nodded and began to walk away and out of the noisy club.

I could hear him follow… I made out of the club and vanished. To his eyes anyway. “Jade,” he yelled as he looked around.

I chuckled and he looked horrified. “Jade?” He asked again.

“Right here,” I told him appearing out of nowhere. He looked stunned, I only smiled.

“What…” he pointed at me and I saw him eyeball the door to the club.

“I needed to talk to you… I needed to let you know the truth.” I said extending my hand to him… “Come with me.”

He hesitated but took my hand, “Relax Alex. I would never harm you.”

Then suddenly we were both sitting on the beach. “We are in a dream right?” He asked me and I nodded.

“Yes but this is the only way I could see you again. Alex I’m not who you think I am.” I finally told him. “What would you do if I told you I’m your cupid?”

“You’re my what?” He asked in disbelief.

“I was assigned to you, to help you find your soul mate.” I told him he still looked lost. “I’m an angel Alex, an angel of love. I don’t exist in the real world not anymore anyway.”

“You are real I’ve touched you and spoken to you.” Alex stated.

“Yeah because I have powers and those powers allowed me to look real. The truth is that I am not human and I did the mistake of falling in love with you.” I told him caressing his face. “You really should shave.” I told him and he smiled.

“I’m thinking about it,” he gave me a lopsided smile. “You fell in love with me?” he asked.

“yes.” I said before I spoke again. “But I shouldn’t have because we can’t be together. So that’s why I’m here to say good bye. I have been assigned somewhere else…”

“No!” he said suddenly standing up. “This is a joke right?”

“No Alex you have to believe me… just I promise everything will be fine. Just keep your mind open.” I took his face and gave him a kiss.

It was the best kiss ever. I pulled away and he sighed, “why did you have to be an angel?” he leaned his forehead to mine.

“Because, just like you had to be a hot singer.” I hugged him. “Good bye AJ.”

“Bye Jade, see you in the afterlife.” He told me hugging me again.

**

I had witnessed Amor erase the necessary parts of the AJ’s, Nick’s and anyone else involved. “Now you must go back as you go back you will forget everything about Jade. Jade will no longer be part of you… all you will remember is everything about Rochelle.” She told me.

“How sure are you I will find him?” I asked her. I was sacrificing any memory of my real life for him and maybe he would not even notice me.

“Soul mates always find each other. That is our job you know to help you find each other.” She told me. “Well good luck Jade… it was nice meeting you. I know you won’t remember me but I will always remember you.” She tapped my nose and hugged me.

I smiled at her and sighed. She then pushed me and I suddenly felt like I was falling….

*******

~A week Later~

[Rochelle POV]

“How are you feeling?” my friend Josie asked me.

“I shrugged better I am ready to go back out. But you know my mother… I can’t wait for her to go back home.” I mean I love my mother but I was fine she didn’t need to be here anymore.

“You were in coma!” Josie reminded me as she continued to fix my hair. “I like this color on you…”

“Thanks,” I told her I liked it too. It was a Debra Messing red. That is what I called it.

“So are you going to do another photo shoot?” She asked me and I shook my head.

“I don’t know maybe, I really want to do something else. Just the opportunity hasn’t come yet.”

“I’m thinking of getting my other arm done,” I told her as I looked at myself in the mirror.

“That would be awesome Ro,” If there was one thing in common between us ti was the love for body art.

“So I put an application in for you and me,” she began as she sat on my bed.

“For what?” I asked.

“For makeup and wardrobe. I have a friend who told me about an opening and she put in a nice word for us, maybe this will be your big break. She told me it would involve traveling, it’s a famous band. I don’t recall asking her for the name I was too excited.” She explained.

“Well that sounds fun, especially the traveling part. I hope it’s a cool band like U2 or Kiss…” I laughed as I pictured myself painting Gene Simmons face.

“I should ask her.” Josie said as she took out her phone and began to dial. I just hoped we did get the job it would be something cool to add to my resume.
Two can play that game! by summer03
~AJ~

“You J!” Nick waved his hand in front of me. I slapped it away and looked at him with a smile.

“What do you want?” I asked as we sat waiting for Howie to start our meeting.

“We are heading to Canada first,” Brian said sitting besides us.

I shrugged a little and smiled, “I told mom she could come out to visit me, she will like Canada.” How lame instead of bringing out my girlfriend or wife like Bri or Howie. I was inviting my mother.

“Oh that will fun like old times,” Brian said patting my back. “How about you Nick? Are we finally going to meet that Lauren girl for more than an hour?”

Nick grinned, “Maybe we are in the talks of her coming out to see me.” I hated him he had been all lovey dovey since he found Lauren.

I knew it was serious, for fuck sakes she was not his usually type. She had a brain for one, she was pretty and she looked like she was with him for more than just his fame. She also cared for the bastard, he looked better than he had in years. He had a six pack!

It was me the one that couldn’t find a descent chick. I still had my one nighters and than the ones that stuck around for a couple of months. But my heart felt the void and seeing all the PDA going around me it frustrated me.

I hate married couples and couples that are dating! “Have we found someone to replace our wardrobe staff?” I asked changing the conversation for my own good.

“I think Jen said she had a friend of a friend who knew someone. She has it taken care of,” Howie said interrupting our chit chat.

“I hope they like pranks,” Nick said with an evil grin.

I groaned, “I hope they aren’t married.” I mumbled it was apparent that neither of the guys understood what I said. I was not going to like hearing them talk about their significant other! I had Brian, Howie, and now Nick for that. I wanted to have someone I could talk to and maybe go out with for fun.

**

I was running on backstreet time when I arrived at the arena in Ontario. “Well look who finally graced us with his presence.”

“I over slept.” I said as I took a drink of my coke. “So how long do I have before sound check?”

“Just enough time to meet the newbie’s” Jen said walk up to us. “Come on,” she took my hand and pulled me to our dressing rooms.

“This can’t wait?” I asked as I saw the Nick laughing with someone.

“Josie,” Jen said peeking into the room where we changed and got our makeup done.

A few seconds later out came a brunette sporting a shirt with skulls all over it. At least she had taste, “Hey Jen,” she said finally looking at me. “Hi,” she said extending her hand toward me and I respectfully shook it.

“Nice to meet you I’m AJ.” I said clearing my throat.

“I know you were the only one we hadn’t met yet!” she said with a smile. “Nick said you wouldn’t be hard to miss with the bald head and all.” She giggled and I turned to glare at Nick. I was not that bald… yet.

“Well I hope you like your new job.” I said smiling at her.

“I do and Ro loves it too. We hadn’t been to Canada ever!” she said with excitement. I liked her…

“Where is Ro?” Jen asked.

“Over there with Nick.” She pointed at Nick and then I finally saw her. “RO!” Josie yelled.

Nick turned and smiled at me just as Ro waved. She said something that made Nick laugh and then she came toward us. “What’s up?” she asked with a smile that made anyone smile.

I think I like her more… she was perfect. From her red hair to her black heels, those heels really made her stand out. “I want you to finally meet AJ.” Jen interrupted and that was when she extended her hand. She had tattoos. Yep she was perfect.

“Hi nice to meet you.” She said as she pulled her hand away from mine. I cleared my throat realizing that I held it for too long.

“I need a smoke.” I finally managed to say as I walked away. “Where had she been all my life?” I asked myself as I turned to look at her she looked mad?

*******

~Rochelle~

“Can you believe him! I mean if he didn’t like he could have been at least a little polite don’t you think? I mean he just left!” I said as I arranged the clothes for the guys.

“Maybe you mesmerized him?” Josie told me as she began to get all the makeup out. The guys would soon come on to get ready.

“Hell no I saw his look, but you know what I didn’t like him either. Two can play that game!” I said grinning.

“You have issues.” Josie said throwing me a brush.

“No I just don’t think its fair he judged me before he even got to know me! Ugh, he shouldn’t even be like that. I mean for crying out loud he is in a boy band!” I was fuming at this point. I now hated AJ and I was going to make his life miserable before allowing him to make mine miserable. I needed this job, I wanted to travel!

"Just promise me not to go overboard. You too are judging him without even talking to him again. Maybe he's a chain smoker and really needed that cigarette." Josie said.

I rolled my eyes give it to Josie to always find some excuse. But I had seen his look, he was judging me. Had he seen himself he wasn't Brad Pitt himself!

"Look I'm just going to avoid him ok?" I said realizing that maybe she was a little right. "But if he does anything else to make me hate him more than its war! Why couldn't he be like the other guys? They were all so nice."

"He was nice to me." Josie said and I launched the brush she had chunked me earlier right back at her. "Well maybe his intentions towards you are different. I mean look at you? Your pretty."

"Your pretty too... stop assuming things." Josie said catching the brush. "Lets just get ready ok?"

I nodded in agreement we would continue this conversation later.
WARDROBE MALFUNCTION by summer03
Author's Notes:
Ok if you read this chap re read I realized I hadn't posted it all. Oops sorry.
AJ~

"What are you doing?" Brian asked me as he caught me pulling on a button on my shirt. I smiled successfully when it came right off.

"I need my shirt fixed." I said giving him a sly smile.

He rolled his eyes at me, "let me guess? You have a crush on one of the new girls?"

I sighed, "yes... she is driving me crazy. Ever since I met her in Ontario. I just don't understand why she is ignoring me... its like she avoids me at all cost."

"Oh, yeah Rochelle can't stand you." Brian told as matter of fact.

I stared at him in shock, "what do you mean?"

"Yeah I overheard her telling Jen she detested you but she could manage..." Brian told me with a shrug.

"Did she say why?" I asked now understanding why she was like she was toward me.

"I don't know I didn't stay long enough to hear why. I am not nosy that was none of my business... I have to go we are about to go on stage you better get that button fixed. Oh and good luck Cassanova." He patted my shoulder as he walked away.

"Fuck," I mumbled as I threw the button into a trashcan. I walked toward wardrobe just as Howie came out...

**********

~Rochelle~

"I'll be right back." Josie told me as she made her potty dance. "Howie is the only one left."

I nodded as I finished Howie's hair. "You're all set." I gave him a smile.

"Thanks," he told me walking out. I sighed taking a seat on one of the seats. I couldn't wait till we headed to the hotel, I needed sleep. I hadn't gotten any sleep on the plane.

I yawned and was startled when I heard someone clear their throat... turned around in time to see none other than AJ. I rolled my eyes, "Yes?"

"Sorry to bother you...but I just noticed that my shirt is missing a button." He was stammering as he showed me the shirt where the button was missing.

I inspected it... great Josie had to go to the restroom at this exact moment. "Take your shirt off." I ordered.

He gave a smile as he took it off. I had to hand it to him he had a nice body. To bad his personality wasn't the best. "Are you alone?" He asked.

"Yeah... Josie will be back in a few." I told him as I tried to hurry.

"How are you liking the job?" He asked me trying to make conversaion.

"For the most part good." I was trying to be polite, he was being sort of nice.

"Have you ever been here... if not maybe I could take you and Josie out. I know a few places you might like."

I finished fixing his shirt and handed it to him. "No thanks I already made plans with Nick..." I smiled as I saw his look.

I sort of felt bad... sort of.


********

~AJ~

"So what are you doing after the show?" I asked Nick later that night as we waited for Howie to finish his solo.

"I am going out to eat with Josie, Ro, and Bri." He sais before takinf a drink of his water. How come he could call her Ro?

"So which restaurant?" It was New Jersey so I could probably guess where he would go but it was best to make sure.

"That sushi bar we went to in New York..." I smiled... I knew exactly where. I was going to crash there little party.

I was determined to get Rochelle to have a conversation with me that lasted longer than what it had taken her to fix my button. I still wonder why she hates me....

I also wonder of Nicks intentions toward her... "So what's up with you Ro? Aren't you in a relationship?"

Crap. I hadn't meant to ask that out loud but the look on Nick's face told me had heard me.

He made a face, "yes I am and I am only being friendly with them. You they are very nice."

"Oh... I was just asking." I said trying to sound subtle.

He began to laugh, "right!" He patted my shoulder. "You have it bad for Ro don't you?"

"Is it that noticeable?" I asked suurprised he knew. "And why can't she see it?"

,oooh... yeah she is not fond of you." Nick said giving me a sympathetic look.

"Do you know why?" I asked but stopped when she walked by toatally ignoring me but yet she did see Nick!

That's it I am putting my romantic AJ to use....
Tada! by summer03
~AJ~

“AJ let me out!” Nick continued to scream as I sighed in relief.

“Sorry Nick I just need this tonight.” I told him rubbing my hands together as I made sure he wouldn’t be able to get out of the closet.

“Now I just have to get Brian and Josie,” I said as I began to dial Brian’s number. “Hey Bri,” I said with a smile as he answered me.

“Hey J, what’s up?” he asked in his chipper voice.

“Well I just spoke to Nick and he told me that if I could convince you to not go tonight with them to dinner I could go in your place… you know for Rochelle.” I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

“Well if you really want to go I don’t mind I can stay. I probably will just chat with Leighanne… I miss her anyway.” I smiled in triumph. “Ok well then I guess I don’t have to worry about changing then.”

“Thank you Bri, I owe you.” I told him doing a happy dance.

“Yeah whatever just good luck.” With that he hung up on me.

Now on to my next mission… for that I needed to find my favorite manager in the world Jen.

*******

~Rochelle~

“So again why aren’t you going with us?” I asked Josie as she helped me with my hair.

“I told you I will meet you all there later… Jen just really needs me for a while.” Josie explained. “Just enjoy it ok… they are really cool and I will see you there after I finish with Jen.”

“Fine,” I pouted but she kissed my forehead instead. “You still owe for having me deal with AJ earlier… even if he was nice sort of.”

“AJ is nice Ro, you just seem to still be hurt about your first meeting with him. I think he is sort of cute actually.” Josie raised her eyebrows.

“Oh please… he is so not cute!” I said a little too fast I think. Ok so I was lying but I wasn’t one to admit that like I’ve mentioned before.

Fifteen excruciating minutes later I was down at the lobby waiting for Nick and Brian. Instead I got the bellhop telling me my ride was waiting for me. I shrugged it off thinking that maybe they were waiting in the car. Wrong. I was all to myself and the ride was long and lonely.

“Excuse me?” I finally asked the driver. “Where are the other two people at?” I got a smiled from the driver.

“Miss they are at the restaurant already.” What a rude way to this. But I was already in the car and I was starving. Plus the view wasn’t so bad.

Finally we arrived and I realized this was no sushi bar. “Uhm I think we are in the wrong place.” I said nervously as the driver opened the door for me.

“NO ma’am this is where I was told to drop you off.” He said as he helped me out of the car. “Enjoy your dinner.”

Before I could say anything else he drove off. I sighed and went in, I was greeted by the maitre d’, “Welcome miss your table is this way.”

Ok I was starting to freak out as I was seated, “Would you like anything drink?”

“Yes wine…” I said realizing now that I was in an Italian restaurant.

“Wow you’re here on time,” I froze when I heard the voice. I turned in time to see AJ he was very well dressed and held a rose in his hand.

I glared at him, “What are you doing? Where is Brian and Nick?” I asked grabbing my purse.

“Oh about that… they say rain check?” he gave me smile. I stood to leave, “No please just lets have dinner… you’ll love this place.”

God he gave a good puppy face, so I sat right back down. “Fine but it’s only cause I’m starving.” I told him just as the waiter came back with wine selections.

He handed me the rose and well I had to take it. I am not rude you know… besides I was still a little surprised how he had managed to get me alone. I had to hand it to him… maybe we could at least try to amicable.

*******

~AJ~

“I know what you’re thinking that I am crazy and maybe I am. But I just couldn’t handle you not talking to me and ignoring me. I am a people pleaser and especially when I have a connection with a person.” I began to explain as we waited for out food.

“Crazy is an understatement.” She said as she took a drink of her wine. “You have a connection with me really?”

“Yes I do. Since when I first saw you… I got so nervous I had to go have a smoke. You make me nervous and my heart races when I see you.” I looked at her removing my sunglasses. “I have to get to know you.”

“Well I think you’re a prick and I feel no connection.” She told me and I felt my heart sink.

“Well maybe we started on the wrong foot.” I extended my hand to her, “Hi I’m AJ.”

She looked at me weird but she smiled a little. “Hi AJ… I’m Rochelle.”

“Great so we start clean…” I told her excitedly. “So can I ask you something?”

“Ok,” she said as she smelled the rose I had given her.
“Why do you hate me?” I asked her… I really wanted to know what had made her hate me so much.

She looked at me for a while and then she spoke, “I felt like you had judged me that day we met and well I felt offended. But,” she pointed her finger at me. “I have to say this right here is very romantic and it sort of redeemed you.”

There it was what had caused her to hate me… and had redeemed myself sort of. “I got nervous really. I actually had some naughty thoughts about you when I saw you.” I smiled when I saw her blush. “What else can I do to redeem myself completely?”

“Not rip your buttons off your shirts…” I blushed and looked at her quizzically. “Well I could tell when it falls off or someone rips it off.”

“Well I wanted to talk to you and so I had to find a way.” I told her stammering.

“Well it was clever.” She gave me a smile. “I have to admit that.”

“Wait till I show you all of me.” I gave a sly smile just as our food arrived. Yes my romantic side never failed. “So will you accept to go out with me again then?”

“I don’t know if I should even answer you still find a way to make it a date.” She looked around. “The food looks good.”

“Yeah your right.” I said proudly… so now I assumed she expected even more from me. I could handle that I was the love doctor or like Brian had put it Casanova. I would do anything to get her to like me. I was in love…

Rose – $6.00
Dinner – $130.00
Getting beat up by Nick for locking him in his closet so I could take the girl of my dreams to dinner… - Priceless.

I still had to deal with Nick but I totally thought it was worth it.
Just my luck. by summer03
~Rochelle~

So my opinion on AJ had changed a little. He was a nice guy and the fact that he had admitted to me that he liked me made my stomach turn into millions of flying butterflies.

But I have been hurt many times, so all the sweet talking was not convincing me so quickly. Nope this girl was smart and on her guard. “I guess I should say thank you for dinner even if you did kidnapped me.”

He chuckled as he held the door for me. We had just arrived back the hotel. “I let you again… I’m a good kidnapper.” He gave me a smile that made me go weak in the knees damn him and his smile.

“So we’re cool now?” He asked me as we entered the elevator.

I arched my brow, “Yeah we’re cool.” He began to pick at his fingers, “Please don’t do that.” I said putting my hand over his. He looked at me and smiled nervously.

“It’s a bad habit of mine, Brian calls it tickling but I call it nerves.” He began to explain but he held to my hand and I couldn’t help but feel the warm creeping through it through the rest of my body.

“That has got to hurt though.” I said examining his hand.

“Well usually it doesn’t till I guess I take to much skin and bleed.” He explained when we felt the sudden stop of the elevator. Then the lights blinked, “Ah fuck.” He muttered before we were in total darkness

“Please tell me this just didn’t happen?” I asked getting closer to him holding for dear life. “I hate closed spaces, dark closed spaces.”

I felt his arms wrap around me and he sighed, “Don’t worry it will come back on any second.”

“Maybe we should call someone.” I suggested still with my eyes closed. I was trying to not think of where I was.

“Good idea…” he said pulling out his cell phone, even with my eyes closed I see the light that came from his phone. “Shit no signal.”

“Just my luck.” I muttered as began to panic.

**********

~AJ~

So I know I should be freaking out at this. I always freak out! Seriously that’s why the guys call me a chicken.

Heck I don’t know if you ever saw that one video on Youtube from when I was in Mexico. We were at a show and we were dared to get shocked with this machine and everyone except for me handled it. I was called a chicken in public! So yes I freak out.

Yet here I was in an elevator stuck with Rochelle and I felt the knight in shining armor. Even if I still hadn’t been able to get a hold of anyone. And the emergency button was broken?

How in the hell can they not notice that the emergency button in the elevator was broken? I am so telling D. to never get us a room in this hotel. So much for a five star rating, “I am sure they will come looking for us soon.”

“I hope so.” Rochelle told me as she continued to hold on to me. She smelled nice and as we sat in the elevator floor I couldn’t help but feel good.

“Well at least we have each other.” I said sighing as I gave her a gentle squeeze. “How about we don’t think about this and get to know each other some more?”

“I can try.” I heard her said as she shifted a little. “I am afraid of balloons.”

I chuckled, “really? Well take this I am afraid of clowns like literally shit in my pants scared.”

She chuckled, “I’d probably shit in my pants too if I were to be surround by balloons.” She sounded a little distracted, “so out of the tattoos that you have which is your favorite?”

That was a good question, “I don’t have a favorite they all have a special meaning. It’s like each one has some sort of history in my life.”

“My mother was not very happy with me when I got my first tattoo.” She said and even though I could not see her I knew she was smiling. “But after a few more she told me I knew how to wear them and that she loved me no matter what. She’s awesome a little clingy sometimes but I love her.”

“Yeah I know what you mean… my mom has been through hell with me. But she is still here and I love her for that.” It was easy to spill my guts to her. “my father in the other hand…” I sighed.

“Sore spot huh?” she guessed getting closer to me.

“yeah you could say that.” I managed to say chuckling. “How about you is father in your life? How about brothers and sisters?”

“Well I am daddy’s little girl.” She laughed and it was a contagious smile. “I have a huge family composed of cousins, uncles, sisters and every other type of sibling. My mother is Mexican so she has a huge family!”

She sounded like she had forgotten we were stuck in an elevator till the lights came back up. “Oh my god it’s moving!” she said excited standing up.

Sure enough within a couple of minutes the elevator door opened and we were at our floor. She turned to me, “Thanks for keeping me occupied in there it really did work.”

“Hey no problem, I expect for you to help me if there is ever a clown running after me.” She laughed and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Hey I am on it…” she looked toward the hallway. “Well I should head to bed we have a long day tomorrow.” She got closer to me and she gave me a hug. Then just like that her lips connected with my cheek.

I watched her leave, I probably looked like a fool. Then my sight got interrupted when I was met with angry blue eyes. “You locked me in my own closet!” Nick said with gritted teeth.

“I can explain Nicky.” I said backing away…

Then he broke into a sheepish smile, “You better be glad I witnessed that kiss. Your gaining territory man.” He slapped my arm.

“So I’m forgiven?” I asked smiling at him.

“Yeah man, Brian explained to me what going on and well gotta hand it to you. This was a nice plan.” He wrapped his arm around me as we walked to my room. Somehow though I knew better and I knew I should keep my eyes on him. Nick never forgave that easily even I knew that!
Devastated by summer03
~AJ~

The next morning I woke up in a very good mood. Nick had forgiven me or so he had said. I was still on my guard with that though; something told me he would get me back and soon.

That’s when I got the call… I was officially booked to do some concerts here in LA for my solo stuff. I had to let the guys know and prepare for it, good thing was my manager had made it so it would not intervene with our BSB schedule.

So in search of Howie I went and after several knocks I got the annoying face of Leigh at the door. “Yes.” She asked but it wasn’t a very friendly one, I guess that fact that she still in her pajamas and her hair was not gracefully straight had something to do with it.

“Is Howie up yet?” I asked she gave me a look and I swallowed. “Right uhm I’ll just see down for breakfast. Sorry…” I said backing away. Leigh was very hot but she was not a good morning person, I wasn’t either but today was the exception.

I had a feeling that from now morning would be an exception for me… I was in love and I was winning ground in the Rochelle territory. I decided to head back down the elevator and stopped in my tracks remembering the events from the night before. “I’ll take the stairs.” I needed to exercise anyway.

By the time I made it to the ground floor everyone was there and I got the reminder of my life when I began to feel the beginnings of pain on my knee. Damn knee, but I sucked it up and took a deep breath. “What happened to you?” Brian asked as he began to put food on his plate, it was breakfast buffet.

“I took the stairs, totally forgot we were in the fourteenth floor.” I said catching my breath, “But I have done my exercise of the day.”

“Well I am proud of you but if you would stop smoking I bet it would get better.” Brian told me as he got a French toast stick and stuffed it in his mouth.

Why does he always have to guilt more guilt into me? “She kissed me.” I told him instead trying to change conversation.

Brian stopped what he was doing and looked at me, “Wow good job man so are you two officially a couple?”

I chuckled before I got glimpse of Rochelle and Josie coming toward us. “Not yet I’m working on it.” I managed to say before the two got close to us.

“Good morning,” Josie said grabbing a plate.

Brian said his good morning and dismissed himself toward a table. “Good morning,” I said giving Rochelle a smile.

She gave me a look that I did not like it was like the Rochelle I had been with last night was gone. “Whatever,” she mumbled as she walked on by leaving me looking dumb founded and Josie shaking her head.

“Sorry.” She told me sympathetically. “I am also sorry that last night didn’t work.”

I almost dropped my plate, “What do mean about last night?” I asked.

“Well I am Ro’s best friend… she told me what happened. Well I least she laid it to you nice and easy. Look once she made up her mind about something she won’t change it. She has made up her mind about you so she is not going to change it. STUBBORN, that’s what it’s called.” I watched in amazement.

Rochelle had lied about our date and today she was totally different. “I thought everything went well yesterday.” I mumbled loosing my appetite.

“Well what can I say she is a good actress.” Josie shrugged and walked away…

I suddenly felt my sunny day turn into a rainy wait scratch that into a hurricane day in Florida horrible… what had gone wrong? Had I been to honest?

I didn’t wait for more and found my way to the elevators. Not caring if I would get stuck again I pushed the number fourteen and waited patiently to get back to my room.

I wanted to smoke and watch a movie to clear my head. That was exactly what I was going to do. I hated my life right now and I had to think things through maybe I was barking up the wrong tree?


********

~Rochelle~

“You think he bought it?” Nick asked me as he chewed on a carrot stick. I felt horrible as I watched AJ look at me.

He reminded me of a kid who had lost his favorite toy. I wanted to tell him it was all a joke but, at the same time I really wanted this prank to work. He sort of deserved it, he had locked Nick in the closet.

“For the record,” Josie said sitting by me. “He is totally shocked about this. I can’t to see his face when he finds out its all a lie.”

“What’s all a lie?” Brian asked as he walked by. I smiled at him, “Nothing.”

Nick chuckled and stood up, “I’ll tell you,” he walked away with Brian and I looked for AJ but he was nowhere to be seen. I felt bad and I hoped this would not make him hate me.

I really had enjoyed my night with him. I hoped this joke would be over soon, I still couldn’t believe I had accepted to be in on this joke. But heck I like a good joke too and this one was going to be good.

*******

~Amor~

I was surprised when Jade or Rochelle came to me with a dilemma. According to her Jade er Rochelle the one on earth detested AJ. I thought that was impossible till I saw it with my own eyes.

That was when we schemed the whole thing. Please do you really thing AJ would have come up with all that? Of course not, he is romantic though all we did was put some ideas in his head and the talking was all them.

I do have to say the elevator scene was awesome, I am proud of that one. It never fails its Romance 101 when to humans of the opposite sex end up in an elevator stuck flames fly.

Boy did they! But now stupid Nick is about to ruin it all. Or maybe not. Hmm… this is getting pretty interesting. Poor AJ though.

“Yeah I sort of feel bad for him.” Jade er Rochelle cupid Rochelle said as we both sat in the lunch room hearing it all. “Can’t I just give a AJ a hint?”

“Absolutely not, trust me I have a feeling this will work.” I stood up and clapped my hands. “You be a good cupid.”

I hoped I was right, wait I am right I have been doing this for centuries. I can’t believe I was doubting myself.

*******
End Notes:
enjoy... would love your feedback.
Backfired by summer03
~Rochelle~

Upon our arrival to Chicago I shocked with a huge surprise. Since the guys didn’t have to perform till the next day they all went out. Of course I was invited to go with Nick and his little crew of friends to a club.

I saw no harm in it since at the moment not only was I “supposedly” giving AJ the silent treatment, so was he. He had practically ignored me, he hadn’t even tried to talk to me.

Everything got worse when I saw him in the same Club; he was alone for like a second and then this bimbo from nowhere came. I watched them talk and talk like old friends.

“Her name is Sonia… she is a really good friend of ours. She works for a local TV station here in Chicago. I always knew she had a little something for AJ.” Nick was telling me in my ear as I continued to stare at the bestest of friends; AJ and Sonia.

My night had turned sour so after another drink I vowed good bye. I didn’t want to be there anymore. I got a cab and went back to the hotel alone. Josie was having too much fun.

I walked through the lobby of the hotel grumbling as I spotted some of the guys fans lurking around. All wanting at least a glimpse at one of them, some stared at me and whispered amongst each other. Crap. They knew I was part of the crew… so hurriedly I made it to the elevators hoping to get one soon.

Well not soon enough… I had left so angry I guess I’ve must of not seen AJ and Sonia leave before me. Till the elevator door opened and she stepped out AJ behind her.

“Really I can take it from here I don’t you to get attacked. It was nice seeing you.” She told him kissing him on the cheek. “See you tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes as I walked into the elevator.

Before the doors closed I saw his tattooed hand stop them and he got in. He didn’t say a thing he just pushed the button to his floor… which happened to be the same as mine.

“Did you have fun?” Crap I had to talk I just couldn’t bear seeing him like he was.

He turned to look at me and raised his brow, “Yes as the matter of fact I did. Why are you talking to me?” he crossed his hands.

I sighed heavily and bit my lip, “I hate closed spaces…. Quiet closed spaces irk me.” It was true but I knew that was not the only reason.

“Yeah I forgot about that!” he said turning back to seeing the doors.

“So is she your knew squeeze?” I bit my cheek hard again knowing I shouldn’t have asked that.

**********

~AJ~

I was trying hard to ignore Rochelle as we rode the same elevator. I had vowed to leave her alone and just forget about having a chance with her.

But she was making it impossible when she asked me if Sonia was my new squeeze. “Excuse me?” I turned back to stare at her. Something in her look told me she did not like Sonia.

“Yeah I mean she’s pretty.” I scuffed she was lying.

“You know you’re a horrible liar.” I sighed heavily. “She is pretty though.”

She smiled wryly, “I can’t believe you!”

That’s when the doors to the elevator opened and she was about to walk out. I stopped her and pulled her back in. I pushed the elevators doors closed and stopped them completely.

She pulled away from grip, “Let me go what have you done!”

“Uh no I ask the questions here. Why can’t you believe me! What did you mean with that comment?” I asked my heart thumping hard in my ribcage.

“How can you move on so quickly not even two days ago you were after me. Pulling off buttons from your shirt just so I could fix them. Locking Nick in a closet so you could fool me into going to a date with you. Now you are here and you so quickly move on to that Sonia girl!”

I smiled she was jealous. I had made her jealous and that proved I was right. She did like me! “Why dwell on the impossible.”

“You see all men are the same! I can’t believe I actually thought you were different.” She was talking with her hands, I liked that from her.

“You were the one to make it clear that I was not getting a chance with you.” I said calmly.

“I never said that! Fuck! Look you stupid idiot I was only playing part of the prank Nick is doing on for locking him in his closet! But now I am glad I did it showed your true colors.” She tried to slap me and to my surprise I caught her hand.

“SO this is all Nick’s doing?” I asked smiling at her. “Because then I should let you know that I like it when you get jealous. But Sonia has nothing on you. She is just an old friend and she came with me cause we had a lot of catching up to do. Nothing happened between us we just talked and then I gave her a pass for tomorrow.”

I let go of her hand and she closed her eyes. “Fuck Nick is going to kill me.”

I chuckled and for the first time I felt like I really did have a chance. I took her by the waist and pressed my lips to hers. It was heaven… the best part she didn’t pull away.

We were back on and I had finally got a taste of her lips. “I’m going to kill Nick.” I finally told her between kisses.

“No I think I have a better idea.” She gave me a wicked smile. I liked her smile and this one was no exception.

“I’m all ears.”
I quit... by summer03
~Rochelle~

So I was trying hard not to smile when AJ came into wardrobe the next night. All the other guys were there, I was working on Howie while Josie helped Brian.

Nick was waiting his turn as he chatted with his girlfriend on the phone. I was almost done with Howie’s hair when AJ cleared his throat, “Hey guys.” Everyone turned their attention to him.

He cleared his throat for the second time and then he spoke again, “I did some evaluating on my own life and have come to the conclusion that I can’t do this anymore. I quit!” he exhaled like he had been holding his breath.

Nick almost dropped his phone as he stared at AJ, while Howie pushed me aside and stared him dumbfounded as well. “What? Why? We are in the middle of a tour AJ.” Howie who I had come to like for his mellow attitude was now demanding answers.

“Well I can’t do this anymore… I want to get away from this for now. I feel like I am not giving myself completely to this. I am missing something in my life and every time I look at you guys its like a reminder of that. I want what you guys have and I realized that while I am involved in this business I have terrible luck in finding love. So I need to break out of this and find myself outside of all this. Besides lately my working environment has been hostile and not a good place for me.” He stared right at me as he said the last part.

That was my cue, “Well it goes both ways ok! You keep trying to hit on me, get a clue dude I don’t like you like that!” I slammed the brush in my hand hard on the counter.

With the corner of my eye I saw Nick, he looked a little guilty. AJ pointed at me, “See what I mean so tonight is the last night I perform. I already reserved my plane ticket back to Cali.”

“AJ I totally understand what your going through buddy but you have a responsibility right now not only with us but with the fans. You have people out there that have paid to see you too not only us.” Brian said looking worried.

“Fine… I can finish this tour on one condition. She has to go, it’s either her or me.” He pointed straight at me.

“Wait a minute why does she have to go? She really has no fault here, if she goes I go too.” Josie budded in, I should have told her before about this. But I guess I sort of wanted to see her face too when she heard all this.

“Well that’s your choice…” he stared at the guys and sighed. “So its your choice.”

“AJ we can’t find people to replace them fast you know and it is sort of cruel of your part don’t you think?” Howie said defending us, he was so nice and short really he is.

“Well I guess then this is it my last show.” AJ said firmly.

“Wait you know what I can’t hear this! It’s stupid you don’t need to get rid of me I choose to leave! I quit!” I said walking out of the room, smiling when I heard Josie quit too following me.

She bumped right into me and gasped. “You shouldn’t have quit Josie.” I said trying to hold my laugh… I had some explaining to do.

*******

~AJ~

“Oh great,” Brian said looking torn he didn’t know what to do. He looked like he wanted to follow Josie and Rochelle, but he also wanted to stay and finish our conversation.

“Yeah… well I thought you all would be supportive about my decision just like when Kev did it.” I said looking down to the floor, man I was impressed with my acting skills and I could see Nick sweating bullets.

“Yeah but Kev didn’t tell us in the middle of a tour, with his bags packed ready to leave!” Brian said.

True. But I wasn’t going to admit to that, “Well I told you I can finish this tour now that they quit.”

“Look just lets go on stage and finish this concert up and then we can sit to talk this through.” Nick finally spoke. “AJ you really can’t just leave or leave us without our help for a least two shows till find replacements.”

“I can, I just did.” I said staring at him. “You can’t put judge me when your not in my shoes Nick. I mean since you started dating the new girl you’ve been all chipper and crap. I can’t stand this anymore.”

“I already have something written with my statement on my departure. I am not mad you all I just need this you guys.” I said feeling a little guilty at the new gray hair I was probably causing Howie to grow out of his hair.

“Guys you have to up on stage in three!” Jen said coming in. “Wait why is Nick not ready or AJ?”

“We’ll talk later.” Howie said walking out and Brian followed. “You two hurry up and get dressed!”

I went to get my clothes and began to change. I was ignoring Nick but then he cleared his throat. “AJ don’t leave.” He told me as he approached me. “Look I know for a fact that Rochelle likes you.”

I turned to look at him as I finished buttoning my shirt. “Look Nick I really don’t want to talk about this right now and it’s not only about her I just need this for me, she’s gone anyway.”

I saw his mouth open slightly but I didn’t give me a chance to say more I walked out. I wanted him to feel a little guilty for this one. Hey don’t judge he’s done his share of good fucking jokes… he deserves this! Just as I was walking out Jen came by yelling at us to get on stage… boy was I loving the look on Nick’s face.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10023