Anything Is Possible by Cartersbitch
Summary:
Anything Is Possible

He fell in love with a fan...who would have thought it could ruin everything he once cherished?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: Yes Word count: 185064 Read: 87979 Published: 04/05/10 Updated: 07/05/11
Story Notes:
This is my very first fan story :)

1. Bad Day by Kimbie

2. Sticks & Stones.... by Cartersbitch

3. The Meeting by Cartersbitch

4. Surprise Guest by Cartersbitch

5. Temper by Cartersbitch

6. Hooky by Cartersbitch

7. Knight In Shining Armor by Cartersbitch

8. Disney Land by Cartersbitch

9. Happy Birthday by Cartersbitch

10. Low Blow by Cartersbitch

11. Don't Want This Feeling To Go Away by Cartersbitch

12. The Break Up! by Cartersbitch

13. Slowly Dying Inside by Cartersbitch

14. Cold Hearted Bitch by Cartersbitch

15. I'm Sorry... by Cartersbitch

16. No More Secrets by Cartersbitch

17. Finally Okay by Cartersbitch

18. Shot At Love by Cartersbitch

19. No Such Thing As Fairy Tale Endings by Cartersbitch

20. Moment Of Truth by Cartersbitch

21. Jealousy by Cartersbitch

22. Time To Take Action by Cartersbitch

23. The Real Reason by Cartersbitch

24. The Set Up by Cartersbitch

25. Time To Set You Free by Cartersbitch

26. Coping by Cartersbitch

27. Numb The Pain by Cartersbitch

28. Breaking Point by Cartersbitch

29. I Still by Cartersbitch

30. I Need You by Cartersbitch

31. Falling Down by Cartersbitch

32. The Ultimate Betrayal by Cartersbitch

33. Overprotective by Cartersbitch

34. Life Without You Is No Life At All by Cartersbitch

Bad Day by Kimbie
~ Chapter 1 ~


Kimberly Power could feel small beads of sweat starting to form around her forehead, as she taped another box closed and shipped it off onto the crackly old belt. She glanced back at the clock, which seemed like the eighth time. Would this shift never end? She heard shouting from the room next store and cringed as she heard her name being mentioned. It was her supervisor; Greg. Apparently he thought she wasn't going as fast as she should be. She tried to ignore the muffled voices and continued back to her work. She worked at a factory called, AMD. She had only been working there for about three months and she was already wishing she could quit, but as much as she would love that, she knew she couldn't. How would she pay the rent? She lived in Tampa, Florida and it wasn't exactly cheap. Her friend, Laura Longhouse thought it would be a great idea to move to such a warm state. Great barely covered it. She hated it here; she wished she never left her home town in Massachusetts, and as much as her parents didn't appreciate her, she rather be neglected than worked to the bone. And for what? Nothing! To keep a crappy roof over her head?

Kimberly brushed her long light brown hair from her swelled green eyes. She could feel strands of hair starting to stick her to her clammy forehead. Ugh, she felt so disgusting as more sweat began to form around her face; she hated this job more and more. Her last job wasn't nearly as bad. Oh, how she missed it. She worked with the public at a clothing store. She loved the employees and enjoyed helping people look nice. She sighed as she remembered how it ended. She had a fling with her boss, not the best idea. For he ended up turning into the world's biggest ass whip. So for now she was stuck with this job. Laura already reamed her out for losing her last job. Things just didn't seem as glamorous as she thought they would be. She had met Laura through a friend and they hit it off quick, became such fast friends, but Kimberly had no idea what she was truly like, not until they lived together. She barely pulled not even half her weight, Kimberly was struggling to pay the rent, more than her share. It just seemed things had gone from bad to worse all within a short amount of time.

“Kim!” Shouted Greg.

She jumped up; hearing him bark caused her to get startled. She looked up at him; he was much taller than her. Reaching nearly 6'4 and his balding head was glaring from the light. She could see his brown eyes were dark and she knew he was angry, but why? What could she have possibly done now? “Yes?”

“What is this?!?” He sneered, as he examined the boxes on the belt, “Kim, you have been here for months, I would think you would know how to put together a damn box! You don't exactly need a high school diploma for that.”

His words cut her, for in her application she put didn't finish high school, which she hadn't. But he should not use that against her, she left for a valid reason...well not exactly, but it was not right of him to insult her because of it. “What is wrong with the boxes?” She demanded. She honestly thought they were fine, they were square and packaged nearly perfectly and the tape wasn't even pealing.

He grabbed one of the boxes from the belt and shoved it into her face, “Tell me what's wrong with this?!?”

She examined the box and tried to find something that was off, but she saw nothing. It was almost perfect. She just shrugged, “I don't know, you tell me.”

“THERE IS NO STAMP!” He shouted, as he tossed it hard onto the ground, causing the box to split open and the fragile product to shatter onto the concrete floor, “We cannot mail it if there is no fucking stamp! I found three that were stamp-less! You better get your act straight, or you will not have a job, you got that?!?”

“I'm-I'm sorry.” Her voice broke, “I don't know how I could have missed that. I'll fix it, I promise.”

“You have better!” He turned and began to walk away, “Also, the damaged product is coming out of your paycheck.”

Her green eyes blew up, “WHAT?!?” She screeched, “But you're the one that threw it on the ground!”

“Maybe if you learned how to do your job correctly there would have been no need of that.” He then left her area and she could hear him laughing in the back round.

She let out a silent scream as she bent down and picked up the broken particles that flew from the box. As she tossed them into the trashcan, she felt a prick and within moments blood began to ooze from her index finger. She stuck the finger into her mouth, feeling a stinging sensation. The loud bell rang and she looked up, it was six O'clock. Her shift was officially over. Screw the mess; he could clean it up himself!


Kimberly opened the front door of her apartment, seeing Laura was on the phone sitting on the couch, while painting her toe nails. She rolled her eyes in annoyance at her roommate. She was barely wearing anything, just some white booty shorts and a yellow Hello Kitty tank top that showed off her slim stomach. It was almost six-thirty at night. She shouldn't be wearing that around the house. It must be nice to feel comfortable to flaunt your body like that, Kimberly knew she could never wear anything as skimpy as that.

“Hey, Kim!” She called, much louder than needed.

She glanced at her and forced a smile, “Hey.”

Laura then hung up the phone and said, “Damn, you look beat. Rough night?”

“You could say that,” she replied, as she shut the black chipped painted door harder than necessary. “I'm going to take a bath.”

“Ohh, wait, Kim, I have great news!”

“What?” She exhaustedly asked, as she turned to her roommate on the stairs; which led upstairs into the bathroom.

“I got another modeling gig! Isn't that so great?!? So now I can give you the three hundred that I owe for next week's rent.”

She tried to act happy for her friend. Must have been a nice feeling that people would pay her for a few photos. She tried to support her, she tried to act like a good friend, but it was so difficult when that person threw it into your face....especially knowing your self esteem wasn't sky high like hers, “Three hundred?” Questioned Kimberly, “Laura, you owe five fifty. I can't swing that again. I barely have enough to cover my half as it is.”

Laura shrugged, “We'll manage, we always do.”

She groaned, she didn't have the energy to argue, “I'm going to be upstairs.”

The phone rang again, “Ooh, that's Ronny!”

She picked up the phone and started babbling on it. Kimberly rolled her eyes and dragged her feet up the stairs. She entered the bathroom and set the bath, as she stripped out of her ugly yellow puke uniform, she could feel the dirt fall down off her skin. This job wasn't just horrible it was disgusting as well. Her feet were starting to feel like pancakes, for the blisters were starting to take their toll. She sat down into the hot tub and grabbed the sponge and began to wash her filthy body. As she did so, she could feel tears slowly making their way down her face. She grabbed a handful of water and splashed it onto her face; she was hating everything about Florida lately. She hated the muggy weather, she hated the jobs and she was hating the people. She laid back into the tub and let the water soak her skin and tilted her head back so her hair could get drenched as well, she just rested her head on the back of the tub and closed her eyes. She didn't know how much longer she would be able to handle this, to take this. She jumped as her phone went off. She reached over and grabbed it, seeing it was a text from one of her best friends, Ashley Nicole. She could feel a smile form around her lips as she read the text.


Hey bitch! I miss you, you need to get your ass to Cali and soon!
Love you, call me when you're not too busy with your oh-so fantastic job. *Mwah*



Kimberly smirked; Ashley knew that she had a shitty job and would often tell her to go out there and try to get a career into writing. But she didn't even finish high school; she knew her jobs would be limited to the fact that she didn't have that one little piece of paper. She sighed. She hated how Ashley lived so far away, she had moved to California a little after college had ended. Cali was defiantly meant for Ashley, she was a beautiful girl and a lot of people took notice in that as well. For she was a model-plus size, but she still got a lot of men's attention. Oh how she loved that girl, missed her so much. She would call her in a little bit; she just needed time to relax. She grabbed the remote and turned on the stereo and allowed the music to calm her down a bit; it was her healer. A small curve formed around her lips as she heard the Backstreet Boys hit her eardrums. An oldie, I'll Never Break Your Heart, but none less a goodie.

Kimberly nearly had a heart attack as she heard pounding on the door and within moments Laura came charging in, “Guess what?!?”

She shrugged, “I don't know, what?”

“Ronny is having a party and invited me!!!” She squealed, “I have to go to the mall and find something sexy to wear. I think I might actually fuck him tonight,” she said, with a giggle.

Kimberly raised an eyebrow, “Laura, you just met the guy!”

“Yeah, like a week ago! God, it's no wonder why you're single, girl. You gotta give it up once in a while. So anyway, I'm gonna need advice on clothes, so come on, help me find something to wear!”

“You have a ton of clothes in your closet; you don't need to buy more. Plus, aren't you allowed to keep the clothes you model in?”

“Come on, Kim,” she complained, “I really wanna wear something new. Please, please, please come with me.”

She groaned, “Fine, give me twenty minutes; I want to at least wash my hair.”

“Yay!!! Okay, hurry up, I'm gonna get dressed.” Laura then danced out of the bathroom, like a little school girl.

Kimberly let out a loud sigh and grabbed the bottle of shampoo, she just got home and all she wanted to do was relax. She was starting to dislike Laura more and more. They had only been living together for about six months and all she wanted to do was ring her neck most of the time. She rinsed her hair quickly and stood up, draining the tub and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around her somewhat average body. She looked herself in the mirror and felt like a blob. Compared to Laura she was a blob anyway. She was perfect, had the long dark brown perfect hair, the amazing body. Hell, she was a model for crying out loud! And what was Kimberly? A nobody. Her stomach wasn't exactly flat, she tried wearing a bikini once and she swore to never again, not after the way Laura and her friends were staring at her. Florida was the place where the best beaches were and Laura always dragged her out with her posse. Her friends were pretty shallow....and since Kimberly wasn't a stick thin chick, she felt she wasn't accepted into their little circle. It seemed as though she would get nowhere because she had some weight to her. The only notice she really got was on her full C cup. Laura even told her if she wore less she might actually fit in, but when she tried to wear less, she would hear gasps. She felt like she had no real friends here....moving in with Laura was a defiant mistake. Kimberly could feel depression take over her, she tried to shrug it off, but it was so difficult, especially lately. She sighed and walked out of the bathroom and into her bedroom, going through some clothes to wear to the mall. She decided to try to wear something a little less and maybe look somewhat attractive...was that even possible? No it wasn't...not with Laura around. She wasn't jealous of her roommate, she just felt whenever she was around her, she sucked all the confidence out of her. She would see all the men around Laura and wonder who really would ever want a girl like her?
Sticks & Stones.... by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 2 ~




Nick Carter was staring at his reflection in the mirror in the men’s restroom. His hands tightly gripping the white rim of the sink, he dropped his head as he thought about how badly he wanted to be anywhere, but here. He could feel himself becoming more and more agitated. Lately he just was getting sick and tired of the same old routine, he needed a break. He told Kevin that he felt like shit and didn’t think he was gonna make it to the signing that they had scheduled, Kevin gave him Hell for even considering bailing. He started lecturing Nick; scolding him, telling him if he wasn’t all out partying last night, then he wouldn’t be hanging. He wasn’t hanging, Hell, he barely went out last night. Sure, he had a few beers with his friends, but that was nothing, nothing compared to what he could have done. Kevin had been on his ass for weeks now and it was really getting underneath his skin. Nick let out a loud sigh and turned on the foist and splashed the cool water on his face. He leaned his head back and ran his hand through his hair, causing it to stick up a bit from the liquid on his hands. He had been feeling empty lately, he felt nothing, but depressed and it was starting to affect his work. He knew he shouldn’t let something like that interfere with his job…it was ever since he had broken up with Cindy. Sure, he was over her, he knew he was, but when he saw the way Brian had Leighanne and Kevin had Kristin – it made him almost envious. Sure, he loved his occasional one nighters, but lately it just seemed that wasn’t enough anymore. He dropped his head again, glancing up into the mirror, not even fully recognizing the man staring back at him. What was the matter with him? Usually he never felt so alone, not like this. He and his band mates were slowly drifting apart; he didn’t know how much longer he was going to be able to put up with this charade.

The door opened, he glanced over, seeing Brian Littrell walk in. He silently groaned, knowing Kevin sent him to seek him out, “There you are,” said his friend.

“Yeah, what? Can’t a guy take a leak without being followed?” His tone was harsher than necessary, Brian didn’t do anything. It was Kevin he was pissed at.

Brian’s blue eyes grew wide, “What’s up your ass?”

He shrugged, “I told Kev I wasn’t up to this today.”

“You know how the fans get when we’re not all there. So what’s eating you? You’ve been moody all month.”

Nick shook his head, “I’m just getting tired of this, that’s all.” He then sighed loudly, “Well, I guess we better get this over with. Can’t leave the fans waiting.”

“This time, be nice,” he warned.

He shot Brian a hard look, “What are you talking about? When am I not?!?”

“Come on, man. Last time you weren’t exactly cheery.”

“Forgive me for not being perfect,” he spat and left the bathroom, causing the swinging door to fly open with such a force.

Brian groaned, knowing tonight was going to be a bad one….again. Whatever was wrong with Nick, he had better get off it real quick; Kevin was already flipping his lid when he asked him to check on him. Things in the band were becoming more and more strained and it was starting to worry him.


Kimberly went through her clothes and couldn’t find anything that attractive, nothing compared to Laura’s anyway. She put on some light blue jeans; which had a small hole in the knee, she shrugged she didn’t mind. She grabbed a red V-neck BabyPhat shirt that did show a small amount of cleavage, along with some black sandals that showed her light pink painted toe nails, which matched her finger nails. Kimberly just pulled her hair up into a messy bun, feeling strands falling down her face that escaped the hold of the black scrunchie. She looked in the mirror, making sure the escape strands weren’t too horrendous, but she saw that they framed her face quite nicely as a matter of fact; curling around her cheek. She shrugged and decided to go with this look, she liked it….it was more her. Unlike Laura, she put everything you could possibly think of into her hair, hair spray, moose, jell even; just to get that natural look. Everything about it was unnatural! She watched as Laura walked in wearing a black jean mini skirt showing off her slim long legs. Kimberly was sure if she bent down, her whole ass would be exposed, but she forgot, that was the main idea. Laura liked to show off her body to the maximum. She had on a white tube top, which was far too tight, for her D cup breasts were obviously getting squashed in that small thing, causing them to pop up, exposing a lot more cleavage than needed. Her dark hair was left down; the tips curled slightly making herself look like Princess Jasmine almost. Kimberly could feel envy wash over her as she looked back at her reflection; she looked like a flake in front of Laura. Each time she was around her, she was always invisible, almost like everyone was so memorized about her beauty they forgot about the average looking girls.

Laura looked Kimberly over and then back into her face, she could see perfectly the smile she was faking, “You look cute.”

She shrugged, “Just threw something on. I didn’t really get much time to get ready.”

She glanced over at the clock, “We have time still, want me to help you with more make up?”

Kimberly wasn’t wearing anything nearly as noticeable as Laura; she was wearing a little cover girl and some light purple eye shadow with some soft pink lip gloss. She shook her head, “Nah, I’m good. I don’t like wearing a lot, you know that,” she reminded.

“Yeah, I know….maybe we should change that,” she said, with a smile.

“I’m fine, really,” she tried to say as nice as possible. “Come on, let’s get going so we can get you something to wear for that party. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave.”

Laura shot Kimberly a hard look, “And what exactly do you have to do that is so important that we need to rush? You never do anything, but lounge around, Kim. I think it’s time we break that shell. Come to the party with me.” Her smile then widened, “Then you’ll have some real fun, if you get what I’m saying?” She softly laughed.

Kimberly silently moaned, she already knew where her roommate was getting at. Sure, a few months ago she probably would be all up for the idea. She hadn’t had sex in God knows how long, but after her last encounter, she wanted to be more than just a good lay. She wanted to be appreciated for once, “Eh, I don’t think your kind of parties, are my kind of thing.”

Laura’s chocolate brown eyes narrowed, “Fine, whatever. Let’s just go then, okay?!?” Her voice was hard, she was obviously offended and that was the last thing Kimberly ever intended on doing.

She groaned, “Lau – ”

“Just save it, Kim!” She snapped, “I’m sooo sorry my friends aren’t cool enough for you. Let’s just get out of here so we can hurry back here to whatever it is that you want to do.” With that said, Laura stomped out of there, slamming the heavy door behind her. Kimberly groaned, this was not going to be a good trip. She should have just told her roommate that she wasn’t going to go. She let out a loud sigh and dragged her feet to the car, wishing for some miracle that this day could be done and over with already.


The mall was surprisingly packed that day, which wasn’t exactly normal. It was a weekday, although it was late. It was nearly hitting eight at night. There were more teenagers than anything. There must have been a lot of good deals, Kimberly didn’t see how though, wasn’t like there was a holiday coming and there wasn’t one that just recently passed.

“What the hell?!?” Complained Laura, “What is up with all these people? It’s like they knew I was coming or something. Now all the good clothes are going to be gone.”

“Well…let’s just look and see what’s left.” Kimberly probably knew that she was right though, with this amount of people they would be lucky to have anything left on the selves.

She jumped as she heard a few girls squealing, “Oh My God!” Said the fifteen year old girl, “Did you see how he looked at me? I’m in love, I am going to marry AJ McLean if that’s the last thing I’m gonna do.”

“Ew!” Screeched her friend, “Are you kidding me?!? Brian Littrell is where it’s at. He looked so cute; he was making the cutest faces at me. He wants me.”

A third girl laughed a loud laugh, “Are you two on drugs? Nick Carter wins this war, he was HOTTT!!! Now he’s where it’s at.”

The first girl looked at her like she had something revolting smeared across her freckled face, “Yeah, if you like the douche bag thing. He was such a jerk!”

“Um yeah he was,” agreed the second girl. “He wasn’t even smiling, such an asshole. Brian was smiling so much it looked like his face was going to hurt,” she said, with a laugh.

They then walked off so Kimberly couldn’t listen anymore. So the Backstreet Boys were here in the mall? That would explain the craziness. She could feel a twinge of disappointment run through her as she overheard the girls, saying what a creep Nick Carter was. She shrugged it off, he was a celebrity and most of them were jerks. He probably let the fame get to his head, such a shame, because he really did seem like a nice guy. She only liked it for the music anyway. At least she knew the truth on how he really was, that would cause her to contain herself and not bouncing around like a little teenie bopper. A twinge of embarrassment rushed over her, just thinking about her stupid outburst she would probably have caused. Laura would just pretend she didn’t even know who she was.

There was a loud screeching sound and Kimberly thought her ear drum was going to blow. She saw that it was well…Laura! She was spazing out and jumping up and down, “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!” She kept on repeating, “They’re here!! The Backstreet Boys!!! This is awesomeeee!!!” She was still freaking out, jumping up and down like her panties were on fire or something. Kimberly had never seen that side of her…ever. She almost couldn’t believe that was her! Was Laura for real? Or was she just mimicking those girls that passed them? Nope, she was defiantly for real.

“Since when did you like the Backstreet Boys?” Kimberly finally asked, once she stopped jumping around like she won the lottery.

Laura eyed her shocked almost, “Are you kidding me? Kim, do you not know me at all? I loveeeee the Backstreet Boys. Nick Carter is my soul mate.” Kimberly laughed, thinking she was obviously joking, but shut up as soon as another death stare was shot in her direction, “This is so perfect. I can finally meet him, Kim!” She quickly pulled out a small mirror from her purse and fixed up her hair, “Once he gets a good look at me, there will be no turning back. For crying out loud, I’m a model. There’s no way in Hell he’d ever turn me down,” she said, with a wide grin. “And I look hot tonight too! This day has been completely perfect.”

Kimberly couldn’t disagree more, today has been nothing, but perfect. Yeah, once Nick Carter saw Laura there was no doubt in her mind that he wouldn’t turn her down. I mean why would he? Look at her! She was perfect…too perfect. They were obviously meant for each other….both cold hearted. At least that’s what Kimberly heard about him, she’s never met him, so she could be wrong. But why would those fans say he was a jerk if it weren’t true? He didn’t spend enough time with them? He didn’t smile? He didn’t give them his number? She knew she shouldn’t judge by something she overheard.

“So how do you plan on meeting him?” Questioned Kimberly, whom was now curious, “They’re probably doing a signing at the music store….its most likely sold out.”

Laura stared at her for a long moment, “What’s with you and being so negative today? Man, it’s no wonder I don’t like hanging out with you,” she mumbled more to herself, but Kimberly heard that loud and clear. Laura could see the harsh words cause pain, for in her green eyes, they began to swell, but Laura choose to ignore it and turned the other way. “The music store is this way,” she said, as she quickly moved past Kimberly and headed down the mall. She just shook her head and followed, could today get any worse? She wiped the tear that threatened to roll down her cheek. No she wouldn’t cry, she knew Laura probably didn’t mean to sound so mean….or at least she tried to convince herself. She knew Laura and her didn’t see eye to eye anymore….Hell, they barely could even stand each other. A move was defiant in her near future, unless she wanted to continue to be treated like some plague.

Kimberly met up with Laura at the music store called FYE and glanced inside, and saw a ton of girls. There must had been at least fifty of them in there and the store wasn’t exactly that large, there looked to be a lot of shoving. Security was rather tight, she didn’t know how Laura expected to get in. She glanced in and saw the boys, they were all signing their newest album which was released they all looked pleased to be there and greeted the fans, except one. Nick. He looked rather miserable in there to be completely honest, it looked like he rather be anywhere except here. He didn’t seem to be all that jerky, not like how those girls described it, he smiled faintly to the fans, it looked as though he was actually trying. She gave him credit for trying, “poor guy,” she softly said.

“Huh?” Said Laura, “What did you say?”

She shook her head, “Nothing.”

Nick turned his head away from the screeching fans and towards the door, where Kimberly and Laura were at. His blue eyes looked bored, suddenly they perked up a bit and a smile appeared across his mouth that caused Kimberly’s heart to jump. He may have been a jerk, but God knows he was gorgeous. His hair blonde hair was slightly in his eyes, it was longish, almost shaggy it went up to his ears, but it looked great on him. He was wearing a white outfit. White jeans and a white long sleeved shirt, white was defiantly his color….anything was his color.

“Oh My God!” Gasped Laura, “Look, look how he’s smiling at me!” She waved her hand franticly and smiling so wide it must have hurt her cheek bones, “This is going to be so easy.”

Another rush of disappointment overcame Kimberly and all she could think of was, of course he would be looking at her, why on Earth would he be looking at me? She had to be logical about that, she was nothing compared to Laura….nothing. He softly laughed at Laura and then back to the fan in front of him. Laura hadn’t even exchanged words with him, but yet she had already won him over. How did she do that? Once again, Kimberly could feel herself become envious of her roommate.

A security guard walked over to the two girls, “I’m sorry ladies,” kindly said the large bald man. “But the record store is too full, I’m afraid you can’t come in. Again, I’m sorry. Maybe you can see the boys outside before they leave.” He was doing his very best not to upset them, he was very kind. It was obvious he hated to be the one to bring the bad news, but what did they expect? Most of those girls that were inside the store had been waiting almost five hours.

“Aw,” complained Laura. “Are you sure that there is nothing I can do to change your mind?”

Kimberly’s eyes blew up, “Laura!!!” She cried in outrage. She knew that she wanted to meet the Backstreet Boys, but willing to do that? What was the matter with her?

He looked at her sternly and pushed the dark haired girl off of him, “I recommend you leave, before I am forced to kick you out of the mall completely.”

Kimberly shook her head in disbelief that her roommate would even consider sleeping with such an older man. He looked like he was at least in his 40’s. She glanced back up at the boys and Nick was staring at her, suddenly her stomach felt like it was doing cartwheels. He smiled at her, and his hand even gave a little wave. Although that caused other girls to look at her and she could feel eyes darting at her, but he couldn’t have possibly been staring at her. She glanced behind her; sure there must have been someone else he was looking at. She then turned back in his direction and caught him make a small chuckle. Maybe he was making fun of her because she was being idiotic that she could even think that someone like him would even consider eyeing her. He would sign a few more autographs and still his eyes were back on her and he looked….much happier than before. She decided to do it…she decided to take the leap and she smiled back in his direction, feeling a little embarrassed especially since she knew he couldn’t have been meaning her all this time.

“Ugh, come on, Kim!” Snapped Laura, as she grabbed her roughly by the arm.

She watched as Nick’s face turned a bit disappointed once she walked away and suddenly there was a smile plastered on her face. Was there a chance that he was actually smiling because of her? Or maybe it was Laura; he probably was staring at Laura the whole time and making fun of Kimberly for even considering it was her he was referring to. Maybe he was saddened that Laura left? Sadness began to get the best of her. He was a jerk anyway, wasn’t he?

“What happened?” She finally asked, once she yanked her arm out of Laura’s grasp.

“That douche bag won’t let us in! I mean, who does he think he is?!?”

Kimberly let out a soft laugh, “Um how about security?”

Once again her dark eyes darted her, “You’re not helping, Kim!”

“Sorry. Anyway, didn’t you come here to shop? Let’s get you some clothes!” She said, in a enthusiastic voice, trying to get Laura's mind off the boys.

She raised her thin dark eyebrow at her and shrugged, “I guess we might as well. Come on.”


So they shopped, Kimberly did her best to show an interest as Laura would come out with skimpy clothes. She tried her best not to cringe at her sight, it wasn’t that they looked bad, not at all; it was that they looked far too good on her. Kimberly knew she could never pull anything like that off and it made her a little depressed. Why did Laura have to be so perfect? Hell, even Nick Carter wanted her!

Suddenly Kimberly heard an ear popping squeal, “LAURA!!!”

Laura looked over and saw her best friend, Sandy with a few other people, “SANDY!” Laura shoved past Kimberly to grab hold of her red headed friend into a tight hug, “What are you doing here?” She demanded, as she pulled free from the hug.

Sandy shrugged, “Just shopping to kill time.” She then glanced over in Kimberly’s direction and then back to Laura. She moved closer to her friend and whispered, “You’re not really here with her, are you?”

Laura just shrugged, “I needed someone to go shopping with.”

“Well, why didn’t you call me?”

“I guess I thought you were gonna be doing something else?” Laura really didn’t know why she just didn’t call Sandy; it would have made sense and a lot smarter. Shopping with Kimberly had been complete torture, she wasn’t any fun and she was so negative. She didn’t realize how opposite she really was from her until they moved in together….and she has been regretting it since day one. If it wasn’t for that damn lease she would have moved out a long time ago.

“Why, hello ladies,” said a man’s voice.

“Ronny!!!” Screeched Laura. She gripped him tightly in her arms, “I thought you were having a party tonight? Why are you here?”

“I am having a party,” he said, with a grin. “But Sandy wanted to go to the mall for God knows why.” He turned to the red head, “Why are we here again?”

“To shop, duh.”

Kimberly studied this Ronny character. So this was the famous guy Laura was crazy about? She didn’t see why, he was nothing special. Laura was gorgeous, she could get any man and she wanted this one?!? He had wavy shoulder length curly hair; sure his blue eyes were hypnotizing, but Kimberly didn’t think it would be enough to want to actually be with him. And yeah, he had a good build, his baby blue, skin tight T-Shirt framed his chest and abs rather nicely, but to be completely honest the guy looked like a jerk. Far too into himself and he wasn’t even that great to look at. At least she didn’t think so.

“While we’re here why don’t we just eat?” Suggested Sandy, “Plus I’m starving,” she said, putting her hand over her flat stomach, which was being covered by a pink tank top.

“Yeah, I could eat,” said Laura. She then looked at Kimberly, “Are you hungry?”

“When isn’t she?” Mumbled Sandy, causing Ronny to laugh and even Laura to giggle.

She could feel her eyes stinging. This was why she hated hanging out with Laura’s friends; because she wasn’t stick thin she got harassed about her weight. Yeah, sure she was no size six, but she was somewhat content on her weight….most of the time. At least she was when she wasn’t around Laura all the time. Kimberly shook her head, “No, I’m not.”

“Seriously?” Laura raised her eye brow, “You just came home from work, did you eat there?”

“Yeah, I had a sandwich,” she lied. She was actually starving, but she wasn’t going to eat, at least not in front of them.

Laura shrugged, “Okay, more for us. Let’s head to the food court.”

Kimberly allowed the three of them to go ahead of her and she slowly made her way to the table. They all sat at the same table, Kimberly tried to ignore their conversation. They were talking about Laura’s modeling and how it was going for her, in other words, Laura was bragging about it. Not like she didn’t hear enough of it back home. She let out a soft sigh, wishing this day would end already! Maybe she could just take a cab or something, let Laura have the car. Her stomach began to growl violently, she hadn’t put food in it since last night, but she refused to eat. She would eat later on, when no one was around.

“Hey, I’ll be right back,” she finally said. “I’m gonna go to the bathroom.”

No one even bothered to look up; they were still in their own conversation. Ronny’s eyes flickered at her for a mere second then back to Laura. She didn’t even know why she bothered. She forgot she was invisible when Laura was around. She got up and left for the restroom, as soon as she walked into the stall, she felt sick. She didn’t even have to go, she sat down on the toilet and ran her fingers through her hair, she hated this. Depression was hitting her hard; it was always like this, especially when those friends of hers were around. It’s like why did she even bother? She stood up, and walked out and over to the sink and looked her reflection in the mirror, she didn’t look bad…at least she didn’t think so. She thought she looked well kind of pretty almost. If she did, then why was everyone avoiding her like the black plague or something? Was the mirror lying? Was she actually ugly? She turned on the foist and wet her hands and to the back of her neck, she rubbed feeling the cool liquid evaporating in her skin. After staring herself in the mirror for what it seemed hours she decided it was time to go back. She would just tell them she wasn’t feeling well and maybe her friends could give Laura a ride home; after all she was going to that Ronny guy’s party.

As she headed back to the food court she passed the music store, quickly glancing inside and to her surprise the Backstreet Boys were still there. There was about ten or fifteen more girls in there. She couldn’t help herself as she skimmed over to Nick, still he looked amazing, but he still looked bored out of his mind. Of course Laura wasn’t there to entertain him. She let out a loud huff. It must be great to be her. She felt her heart skip a beat as they made eye contact again and the smile on his face suddenly reappeared. She gave a small wave before heading away back to them. As she began to approach them she heard laughing and then Sandy’s voice had changed. Kimberly’s green eyes grew wide with horror, as she overheard them.

“God, who wears jeans with holes in them? I mean, this isn’t the 90’s anymore. What a loser, how could you even allow yourself to be seen with her?”

Laura shrugged, “She isn’t so bad,” she lightly defended her. She then laughed, “Yeah, but her jeans were pretty horrible. I wanted to help her out today and make her look somewhat decent, but she didn’t want to me.” She shrugged, “Her loss I guess.”

“Her big loss,” replied Ronny with a laugh.

She couldn’t control it anymore, she felt the wetness hit her cheeks and before she knew it the tears just poured out. She turned the other way. They were making fun of her….even Laura! She pressed a hand onto her face, trying to muffle the sobs, she wiped her eyes franticly, she hated crying and she hated doing it in public. She wasn’t watching where she was going, for her head was down, she just didn’t want anyone to see her like this.

“Are you okay?” Asked a very tall man, whom she had bummed into.

She looked up at him, he was huge! He was probably almost seven feet maybe and he had dark skin and a bald head, “I’m-I’m sorry,” she sniffled. “I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

“It’s okay,” he said, with a kind smile. “Is everything alright though? You look…sad.”

She shook her head, “I’m fine….just overhearing things I wish I didn’t, that’s all.”

“Oh.” He nodded, “I understand, well don’t let anyone bring you down.”

To Kimberly’s horror, she was talking to him right in front of the music store. She then realized he was one of the Backstreet Boys body guards. She was afraid to look, she didn’t want to look, but she had to make sure he didn’t see. She glanced over and yep, he was staring right at her, but this time he wasn’t smiling. His eyes were full with nothing, but concern, it was sweet really. She could feel her face turning more red and she quickly turned away from him. Could this day really get any better?!?

“Well, if you excuse me…” Kimberly then darted into the bathroom, not giving another glance, for embarrassment swept over her. Tears still drained from her eyes, how could Laura laugh at her like that? How could she let those people make fun of her?!? She knew that her and Laura weren’t exactly the best of friends anymore, but she thought she would at least have the decency to defend her. She could finally see her so-call friend clearly for the first time, they weren’t friends at all anymore, were they? How could they? If she would just stand by and allow those people to insult her like that. She glanced back up into the mirror and could see how red and puffy her eyes looked. She grabbed a paper towel and wiped the tears away. She took a deep breath; she knew she couldn’t hide from them forever. She threw away the towel and left the bathroom, ready to face those horrid people.

“Excuse me, Miss?” Said a voice.

Kimberly had quickly walked down the corridor, just wanting to get away from there, not wanting to see Nick quietly laughing at her for being such a baby. She turned around and found the same tall, dark man jogging towards her; she eyed him questionably, “Yes?”

She saw him pull out some sort of black card out that was attached to some sort of red clothe strap, “How would you like to go in there and meet the boys?” He asked, gesturing this thumb towards the music store.

Her green eyes which were tinted pink grew wide from shock, “Are you, are you serious?!?”

He laughed, “Yeah! I’m sure that would make you feel a million times better,” he said, with a smirk.

Kimberly peeked over and saw the blonde was smiling, but wasn’t looking at her, he was looking down. But no one was standing in front of him, the fan that was up was talking to Howie, but Nick’s smile was wide, he then glanced over and gave another heart melting smile. How could this guy possibly be a jerk? He was friendly to everyone it seemed, even to her…which was beyond surprising. “I thought that other guy said that there was no more room or something?” She said, looking back up at the tall, dark man.

He laughed, “He doesn’t have the connections that I have.” Another curve formed around his large lips, “So what do you say? I don’t like seeing a pretty girl cry…and from the way you keep on looking at Nick over there, I can tell you’re a fan. What fan wouldn’t want to meet him, right?”

Was she really making it that obvious that she kept on staring at him? She could feel embarrassment make its way up to her face, until she felt her cheeks burning, “I guess, I guess I am a fan.”

He grinned, “Thought so.”

He handed her the black card and she looked at it. It had three fat white letters that said VIP and underneath it said Backstreet Boys. Was this really happening? Stuff like this never happens to her. Was it some sort of trick? No, it wouldn’t be. It was so tempting to just go in there, to finally meet the boys that had helped her through everything….especially lately. Then an unwanted name popped into her head, “Laura,” she whispered.

“What was that?” Questioned the large man, he had heard her. “Who’s Laura?”

Kimberly let out a small groan, “She’s my roommate….I came here with her today.” It was obvious by the sound of her voice that she wasn’t that pleased, “I can’t go in there without her. She’d kill me,” she said, with a small laugh.

It wasn’t that hard to see that it was pretty clear Laura was the one she had overheard. He just stared at her with his dark chocolate eyes, “Are you sure? She doesn’t have to know,” he added, with a crooked smile.

Kimberly laughed, “No, I really can’t.” She then looked up at him, “Can I get her, please? If she can’t go…then sadly I can’t either.”

She heard him let out a huff, “Well…I gotta hand it to ya, you’re a good friend.” She gave a small smile, “Okay, so here’s what I’m gonna do…I’m going to let you bring your friend…even though something tells me she doesn’t deserve it.” Funny how he already knew Laura when they barely even mentioned her. He pulled out another black card and handed it to Kimberly, “Only her, no one else, okay?”

She nodded, “Thank you so much.”

He smiled, “It was my pleasure. By the way, my name’s Mike.”

She smiled back, “I’m Kim.”

“Okay….well hurry up.” He looked at his watch, “The boys are going to be leaving shortly.”

Her smile grew wide, “I will…again, thank you so much!” She then jetted out of there.

Mike turned his head towards the music store and winked at his friend. The things he did for his buddies. Crushing over girls and making him do all the work. He should get paid more for this.
The Meeting by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 3 ~




Kimberly reached the food court and found Laura along with her other friends getting ready to leave. Were they actually planning on leaving without her? It wouldn’t surprise her. She couldn’t let them know she had been crying, she quickly pulled out some sunglasses and walked over to them. “Hey, guys,” she waved. She caught Sandy snickering at her, probably because wearing sunglasses at night wasn’t exactly the most attractive thing, but she just brushed it off.

“Where have you been?” Questioned Laura, in a somewhat irritated voice.

“We thought you fell in or something,” laughed Ronny.

Sandy soon giggled, Laura looked at her and couldn’t help, but laugh too, “Seriously though, where were you, Kim?” She demanded, “And why are you wearing those hideous glasses?”

“Sun too bright for you?” Came Sandy’s annoying insulting voice.

Kimberly just shrugged, “My eyes hurt, actually. And I actually got caught talking to someone, he’s very nice. His name’s Mike.”

“Ooh!” Squealed Laura, “So you met a boy? Did you get his number?”

She laughed, “Not like that. He works for a certain band….and gave me something to meet them.”

Her brown eyes lit up, “Are you serious, Kim?!? How the hell did you manage to pull that off?”

“What band?” Questioned Sandy, whom seemed a tad jealous.

“The Back – ”

“Just some stupid band,” interrupted Laura. “I mean, I’m not even a fan, but my little cousin is and I promised I’d get their autograph for her.”

Of course Laura would lie. She was embarrassed, but why? It’s not like they had bad music or anything. Or maybe it was just because she didn’t want to look bad in front of the oh so amazing Ronny. She rolled her eyes, and thankfully since she was wearing sunglasses no one could see.

“What band?”

“The backstreet boys.”

He laughed, “Are you serious, Laura? You’re not actually going to meet them, are you?”

She shrugged, “I promised my little cousin. I don’t want to break her heart, you know?”

Sandy smiled, “You’re such a doll, Laura. No wonder why everyone loves you.” She embraced her friend, “I’m sort of jealous now.”

“Oh brother,” mumbled Kimberly under her breath. She cleared her throat, “Anyway, they’re gonna get going soon, so we should go before they leave.”

“And you,” said Ronny, staring at her. “You’re an actual fan? You’re not going to get their autograph for someone else, are you?” It was more of a statement than a question.

She wasn’t embarrassed, so what? She was a fan of a boy band. She wasn’t going to lie, “I am a fan.” She then shot Laura a hard look, although she couldn’t see the angry stare through her dark shades, “Well, I’m going, you can join me if you like.” She then walked off, feeling aggravated, she should have not even said anything. Great, so now those losers thought even less of her now. But why did he care? Why did she care that she knew they were probably making of her this very moment?

Laura ran to catch up to her, “Hey, Kim!” She shouted, “Wait up.”

She stopped, “Oh so you decided to join me?”

“Yeah, I’m gonna meet them at Hot Topic afterwards. So how did you meet this Mike guy?”

“He’s their bodyguard. I had a headache, so he asked me what was wrong and I told him it was nothing and we got talking and he’s pretty chill. I like him….not like that,” she quickly added once she saw the flicker in her roommate’s eyes. “He looks a little too old for me.”

“Who cares?!? He has a Backstreet connection!”

She shook her head, “Sorry, Laura I can’t play like that. I won’t date someone because of who they know or what they are.” She then stared at her, “Why did you lie? You are a fan.”

She shrugged, “Well it is kind of embarrassing, don’t you think?”

“No, I don’t think so.” They then met up with Mike whom was standing by the music store, she smiled at him, “Hey, Mike. This is my friend, Laura.”

He smiled widely at Kimberly, “Hey, Kim! Glad you made it back.” Laura lightly elbowed her and giggled. She rolled her eyes in annoyance, “Hi, Laura. You’re lucky Kim is such a good friend. I invited her to go in and she said she had to grab you first. Not many people would do that.”

Her brown eyes expanded, “You did?!?” She embraced her tightly, “Thanks!”

“Yeah, no problem.” Although she knew if it were the other way, Laura would without a doubt ditch her. She’d be like Kim who?

“Okay, well you two can go right in.”

Kimberly smile again, “Thanks again for doing this for me.”

He smiled and shrugged, “No problem. Now hurry, it’s almost time for them to leave.”

There weren’t that many girls, maybe about five left. They both grabbed the photo that a woman was handing out. She was a young girl, dark long hair. She looked in her mid twenties. Her name tag said Jenn. Kimberly felt something stabbing her, and pulled out the keys that were in her pocket. She had forgotten that Laura gave them to her once they got out of the car, Laura didn’t even bring her purse, only her credit card.

“You know you can take those things off now,” said Laura, referring to her glasses.

She shrugged, “I don’t mind wearing them.”

“They look ugly,” she admitted. “Sometimes I even wonder if you care how you look when you go out.” The words came out harsher than necessary; Kimberly tried to shake it off. Did she always mean to sound like such a bitch?

“They don’t look that bad.”

“Uh, yeah they really do, Kim. Do you know how embarrassed I get when you dress like that when you’re around my friends?”

“I thought you said I looked cute today?”

She shrugged, “So I lied…so I didn’t hurt your feelings. But seriously, Kim I gotta help you with your clothes or something.”

Laura was talking louder than needed and a few of the guys’ heads popped up, even the blonde one. His eyes grew tight as he stared at the dark haired girl and Kimberly quickly looked away, feeling flushed. Soon they were the next ones up….and the last ones.

“Hey!” Smiled Laura widely. They all said their hello’s and took the photo and began to sign their names. She wasn’t going to just walk away with a signed photo, “So how long are you guys gonna be in Florida for?”

“A few weeks,” answered A.J. with a bright smile. “Do you live close by?”

Was he really hitting on her? Well of course, why wouldn’t he? She was a Goddess, how could Kimberly forget? She watched as Laura flirted back, “Not too far,” she replied, with a grin. “Maybe we could hang out sometime?”

His smile was much wider now, “That would be fun.”

Suddenly he was hit by an elbow and he glared at the person next to him and saw Kevin giving him a hard look. He then looked up at Laura and smiled, “We’re actually really busy until we go to Canada.”

“You’re quiet,” said a sweet voice.

Kimberly’s head shot up and saw that Nick was talking to her….Nick Carter was actually acknowledging her presents even though Laura was there. Was that even possible? She gave him a shy smile, “Sorry,” her voice came out almost a whisper.

He smirked, “By the way, I like the glasses look. Can I try them on?”

A laugh escaped her and that caused him to smile, “Uh…they’re kind of girlie.” She was wearing small black Prada sunglasses that her friend Keenan had given her before she moved to Florida.

Laura raised her eyebrow, “You can’t be serious. Those things are hideous!”

A.J. nodded, “I think I have to agree.”

Nick shot him a hard look, “I actually like them,” he said, looking back up at her.

She laughed, “My eyes just hurt from the light and stuff.”

“Just take off the damn glasses, Kim,” ordered Laura in an irritated tone.

Nick’s blue eyes darted towards to Laura, then back at Kimberly, “Nah, it’s cool, you can keep them on if your eyes hurt.”

She could feel everyone’s eyes on her and she hated feeling like that. She just didn’t want them to see her pink eyes. It was bad enough that he saw her crying earlier, he must have known she was. She let out a sigh, “Okay, you win.” She put the keys down on the table and took off the glasses and handed them over to Nick, “Here”

“Now was that so hard?” Questioned Laura.

Nick’s eyes then moved towards her roommate again. He then threw on the glasses and Kimberly couldn’t help herself as a snicker escaped her mouth, “They totally fit you.”

“What doesn’t fit him?” Smirked Laura, “Anything looks good on him…and everything.”

He looked up at her and gave out a nervous laugh, “Uh, yeah thanks.” He then took off the glasses and handed them back to her, “How do you see through those things?”

Kimberly shrugged, “Good eye sight?”

“So it’s really awesome meeting you guys,” said Laura, with a wide smile. “I’ve been a fan for soooo long.”

“Oh yeah?” Said Brian, “That’s great. We love hearing that kind of thing.”

Laura pulled Kimberly close, “Next time let me dress you before you leave.”

Her green eyes grew wide, “I like what I’m wearing,” she said, in between her teeth. “It’s my style.”

Of course Laura wasn’t exactly quiet so all the guys looked down to see the hole in her jeans. A chuckle escaped A.J., “Sweetie, if you ever want to be rocking with style just give me a call.”

It really bothered her that everyone made comments on her clothes, so what some people didn’t like how she dressed, but she did! “No, thanks. I like my own style, but thanks anyway.”

He shrugged, “Your loss.”

Laura laughed, “My friend Ronny said the exact same thing.”

Kimberly just shook her head, she was glad she got to meet the guys, but all she wanted to do was get out of there. She probably shouldn’t have even gotten Laura. She could feel her eyes stinging again. She caught Nick staring at her, and that made her feel even more uncomfortable.

“I like it,” he said to her surprise.

“Like what?” She asked.

“Your style. It’s normal,” he said, with a laugh. “It’s kind of annoying when I see all these girls wearing really expensive clothes and honestly they don’t even look good on them. Jeans and a nice shirt is what I like. You aren’t going out pretending to be something you’re not, real is where it’s at, baby.”

Kimberly could feel her face flushing at his comments. Wow, she wasn’t expecting him to be nice to her at all…especially since Laura was there. She glanced over and saw that Laura was annoyed…annoyed because Nick Carter was paying more attention towards her roommate and not her. That wasn’t how it was supposed to be. Nick was supposed to see her and fall instantly, not chitter chat with Kimberly.

“Um, thanks?” She said, as a smile broke out across her face.

He grinned, “My pleasure.” His eyes expanded a bit, “Damn, girl. You have green eyes!”

She laughed again, “Yeah, I do.”

Jealousy was in Laura’s eyes, “Mine are just plain brown,” she pouted.

He looked up at her and smiled, “Brown eyes are sexy though.”

She smirked and leaned forward to him, “I think you’re sexy,” she whispered in a seductive voice.

His blue eyes expanded, “Uh…wow….um, thanks?” His tone was uneasy.

She was pleased with herself and stood up straight, Kimberly knew it would be only a matter of time before Laura threw it on him how much she wanted him. It just shocked her to know he wasn’t flirting back, no matter how strong she came onto him; he almost seemed to be brushing her off.

A.J. snickered, “Nick isn’t used to a woman being so forward.”

She laughed, “It’s okay, teaching makes it more fun.”

Kimberly’s face grew in stun, “Wow.”

“Yeah, you said it,” muttered Howie. He shook his head disapprovingly, “So did you girls have to wait long?”

“No, actually,” admitted Laura. “Kim made a friend,” she said, smiling in her direction. “Some guy named Mike, right? I bet they’re gonna hook up.”

“What?!?” Gasped Kimberly, “No! He was just being nice.”

“Mike?” Questioned Kevin, “As in Mike Self?”

“Hmmm…who had a word with him earlier?” Asked Brian, with a sarcastic ring to it. Within moments everyone glanced over at Nick’s direction and he just shrugged.

“I’m confused,” confessed Kimberly. “What?”

Kevin shook his head, “Nothing.” He then smiled kindly to the girls, although it was clearly a fake smile. Kimberly suddenly got a bad feeling in her gut and she didn’t like that…not at all.

“Well ladies,” said the same security guard that wouldn’t allow them inside earlier. “It’s time for the boys to leave.”

“Aw, already?” Pouted Laura.

“Yeah, sorry,” said Brian, as he and the others stood up, “But we’ll be back again,” he added, with a wide smile.

“Okay,” said Kimberly, moving away from the table so the guys could get by. “It was really great meeting you.”

“Have you been a fan for a while?” Asked Nick, looking at her.

She nodded, “Yeah…your music has helped me through a lot. I love all music, I call it my healer,” she said, with a laugh.

“You like music a lot?”

“I do.”

He smiled, “Yeah, music really comes in handy when you’re not feeling good. It’s like that pat on the back.”

“I couldn’t agree more.”

“I love music too!” Chimed in Laura, “Music is totally awesome. Without it….you guys wouldn’t be here.”

He laughed, “Yeah, that’s true. See you girls around.”

Kimberly laughed, “I wouldn’t count on it.”

“No? Why not?” He wondered.

“Well Kevin did say you were pretty busy.”

He let out a sigh, “Yeah, Kevin.” He then glanced over in his direction and saw that his eyes were tight. He slightly shook his head in aggravation then back to the two lovely girls, “Who knows?”

“Well, if you are free,” said Laura, pushing Kimberly aside. “We should really hang out. What do you say?”

“Uh…”

“Nick, what’s the hold up?!?” Growled Kevin, “Come on.”

He looked at her and shrugged, “I gotta go.” He then looked back at Kimberly, “See ya,” he said, with a smile. He then left with the other four guys, glancing back once more and grinning.

Laura put her hands over her heart, “Oh My God! Did you see that? Did you?!? I think I’m in love.”

Kimberly laughed, “In love?”

“Yes! Come on, the way he was smiling at me, how he was looking at me. I bet he wants me more than I want him….if that’s even possible.”

She tried to refrain from rolling her eyes at her idiotic roommate, “Well, aren’t your other friends waiting?”

“Oh shit, I almost forgot about them! Hang on, I gotta pee real quick,” she said, jetting into the bathroom.

Kimberly shook her head and sighed. She was leaning against the wall a few feet away from the girls’ restrooms. She dropped her head, feeling her eyes stinging. She hated how Laura made her feel, she probably should have listened to Mike and just went in…Laura defiantly didn’t deserve to meet them. Now Nick Carter was probably head over heels for the girl. She smiled a bit, as she recalled him talking to her, that alone made her happy. At least he didn’t pretend that she didn’t exist like most would do….like Laura usually did. It bothered her as she thought how she was trying to embarrass her in front of the guys. She then heard a group of people in front of her, she ignored them. She didn’t want anyone seeing her in this state…she probably looked bad. For she could feel her eyes swelling.

“Wait a second,” she heard a familiar voice. She looked up and saw Nick Carter standing nearly in front of her. He was with the other guys, along with a few big guys…Mike being one of them.

“We don’t have time for this,” groaned A.J..

“I’ll be a second!” He said, with annoyance in his voice.

“I’ll walk you guys to the bus,” said Mike. He looked at Kimberly and smiled once then edged the other guys to move.

Nick then looked up at her again and smiled, “Hey.”

Okay, she was alone, Laura was in the bathroom. Why on Earth was he talking to her? “Um…hi?”

“I think you forgot these,” he said, holding out some keys.

Her green eyes grew wide, “Oh My God!” She took the keys from him, “I would have been in serious trouble…thank you. Walking home would have sucked,” she said, with a little laugh.

“Do you live far?”

She shrugged, “It’s a good walking distance.”

“So….are you okay now?”

She knew exactly what he was referring to and she dropped her head and nodded, “Yeah…I’m okay.”

Her words weren’t that convincing, “Well, good.” She then looked up at him and could feel her heart rate pick up rather quickly, “I think you should smile more.”

She raised her eyebrow, “Oh, I should?” She laughed, “Why’s that?”

He traced her jaw line with his thumb, “Because you’re a lot prettier when you do.”

She felt her stomach do a flip and she couldn’t help, but smile, “Thanks…”

He then smiled wide, “See, what did I tell ya?”

She could feel herself flushing at his words and dropped her head again and he laughed. Suddenly they heard, “Oh My God!” They both looked up and saw Laura. She ran over to them, “Nick…you’re, you’re here. I thought you had to leave?!?”

“She forgot her keys, so I gave them back to her.”

Kimberly nodded, “Yeah, that would have sucked.”

Laura grabbed onto his wrist, “Can, I talk to you for a second?”

“Uh….sure.” First thing Laura did was embrace him in a tight hug and Kimberly turned her head away. She already knew he was going to get sucked in, he would want to go out with her after they finished doing God knows what.

“Wow, you smell good.”

“Um, thanks. Listen, I really gotta go. The guys are waiting for me. I’ll-I’ll see you later, okay?”

She took his hand with both of hers and put something inside his palm, closing it, “Okay, baby. I’ll see you real soon…call me. I’ll be waiting.” She then walked away over towards Kimberly, “Come on, Kim. Ronny and Sandy are waiting for us.”

Kimberly glanced back at Nick and he had a stunned expression upon his face. He gave a small wave, but she already knew that was to Laura, not her.

Nick opened up his hand and saw it was Laura’s number on a scrape piece of paper. He wrinkled it up before tossing it into the trash.


“Hey, guys,” said Laura, as she greeted her two friends. “Sorry it took so long.”

“Was there a lot of people?” Asked Sandy.

“Nah, not really.” She then laughed, “It was hilarious though. That Carter kid was all over me. Wasn’t he, Kim? So out of pity I gave him my number.” Out of pity? That wasn’t at all what she saw. Why was she lying? Yeah, sure Nick probably would call her, but out of pity? That was a little much, “Wasn’t he, Kim?” She said in a harder tone.

“Uh…yeah.” She shook her head in disbelief, “I couldn’t believe it.”

“You gave him your number?” Said Ronny, as jealousy flared in his voice.

Laura smiled at him, loving how angry he got that she gave another man her number, “I figured it was the least I could do. So when is this party of yours?”

“As soon as we leave, we can get there.”

“But I need to get ready. Look what I’m wearing.”

He grinned, “Yes, I’m looking and I love it. Come on, baby. Wear that, it’s hot.”

She smiled, “Okay, I’ll wear this.” She then looked at Kimberly, “So are you coming or what?”

“Uh…I don’t think she’s actually invited,” said Sandy, as her eyes darted towards her like she was a piece of dog shit found on the floor.

“That’s fine, I have other things to do anyway.” She tried her hardest to hide the hurt in her voice. No, she wasn’t going to go anyway, but just knowing how unwanted she truly was…that burned. “I’ll see you back at the apartment later, Laura. Okay?”

She nodded, “Okay, bye.” Laura and her two friends then left for the other direction.

Kimberly put the glasses back on and headed towards the car, feeling the liquid running down her cheeks. She took off the glasses once she sat inside the driver’s seat and shut the door. She pressed her forehead against the steering wheel, and allowed the tears to escape her eyes. She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes and put the key in the ignition and headed out of the large parking lot, which was pretty empty it seemed, except for a few cars. She noticed one car pulled out when she did; it was a nice black Eclipse. She didn’t even take notice that it had followed her into the gas station. She sighed as she pumped her car, all she wanted to do was go home and sleep. Yes, it was still rather early, but she didn’t want to do anything. Her stomach was harshly demanding her to put food in it, but she was far too depressed to eat. She paid for the gas and headed back to her apartment.

As she drove close by to her street she looked into her review mirror and could see the same car was behind her. Fear began to rush through her, was someone following her home?
Surprise Guest by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 4 ~



He watched as she pulled up into a driveway and he quickly drove up the street. He didn’t want to seem stalkerish. He sure felt stalkerish! He never did anything like this before, what possessed him to do it now? He shut off his headlights and turned around and slowly drove down to where she pulled in and idled his car beside the street, praying she didn’t notice. If she did, she was probably scared shitless, God knows he was.



Kimberly pulled up into her driveway, and watched as the car behind her sped the other way. Soon after she felt somewhat relived, panic began to take over once again, for she saw there was a car hiding on the corner of her street, just feet from her driveway. She could feel her heart beating so quickly, she thought it was going to burst from her chest. Someone was following her….what was she supposed to do? She couldn’t possibly stay in the car; she had to make a run for the door. She could make it; the mysterious idle car was all the way at the end of the street…she could do this! She gripped the steering wheel tightly in her hands and took a deep breath; she was starting to feel somewhat nauseous. She quickly jerked the car door open and jumped out, and didn’t look behind her as she rushed into the safety of her apartment. She slammed the door shut and locked it. Her chest began to ache from her heart slamming against her ribcage. Her back was pressed against the door, just awaiting the loud bang of a break in. Her trembling hand grabbed her cell-phone out of her small pink purse and she was debating whether or not to call 9-1-1. After a few minutes, she came to realize that no one was coming and laughed at herself for even thinking someone was trying to kill her. Since when did she begin to get so paranoid? She walked over to the couch and took off her shoes and rubbed her feet. She was so glad the day was over and she had the next few days off. She shook her head as she thought about Laura and how her friends treated her today. She couldn’t believe it! What bothered her the most was that Laura didn’t stick up for her once. She wanted to call Ashley and bitch about her horrible day, but she knew she probably had better things to do than listen to her friend whine about Laura…it seemed that’s all she did lately. She looked down on the couch and looked at the photo she got today and saw there was a lot more than just a signature. She picked it up, and saw that the guys actually wrote a little something. She smiled as she thought about her day…even though Laura had pretty much ruined it, it was still worth it. She got to meet Nick Carter…and no he wasn’t a jerk! He was actually really sweet….something she wasn’t expecting. She began to read what the boys wrote on the photo.


AJ: Hey, girl! Damn, this mall is pretty crazy, huh? I’m glad that you enjoy our music and are one of our fans. You rock for that! You’re pretty chill I think it’s great you like your own style. But if you ever need advice hit me up! Tell your friend I think she’s pretty hot too! Well, gotta go…Bone Daddy!

Kevin: I love this City, I love this state! Isn’t it beautiful? It’s where we first started all those years ago. Do you remember? Of course you do. Thank you so much for being a Backstreet fan. All the best for you. Love, Kev.

Howie: Hey, Hey, girl! Looking fly with your style, ignore AJ he thinks he’s the God of style, ha! Thanks for loving our group. BSB forever, all love, babe! - Howie. D

Brian: Kim – thanks for being one of our fans. You keep us alive! No lie, we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for people like you. You looked a little sad today…chin up, girl! Love ya, B-Rok

Nick: Hey, you! I’m really glad that you and your friend decided to come into the mall today. I really hope you’re feeling better. When I saw you crying it made me want to jump out of my seat and see if you were ok. I’m a guy that hates seeing girls cry….especially pretty girls. Something about you caught my eye, you’re beautiful – I think you need to hear that more than you receive it. Don’t show this to your friend, but I’d love it if you gave me a call. No joke. Hit me up on my cell – (555)310-9500. I’d love to hear from ya. Well catch ya later, babe. – Nick


Kimberly’s jaw dropped wide open and she ran her hand through her hair roughly, not believing this. Feeling it was still up in a bun, she aggressively yanked out the scrunchie causing her to wince in pain as a few strands got pulled out with the hair elastic. This wasn’t real, it couldn’t be real! Things like this just did not happen to her! Nick Carter….Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys gave her his personal cell-phone?!? He thought she was beautiful? Was he high before they did the signing? There was no way she was beautiful, sure she wasn’t ugly, but beautiful? Nu-huh. Not a chance. Laura was more his type than she ever would be. She then heard a knocking at the door and jumped. She could feel her heart in her throat as another knock came; she glanced over at the clock and saw it was nearly ten and Laura was at that party. She shook her head and laughed at her stupidity, someone was not trying to kill her. She didn’t understand why she was becoming so paranoid lately. For all she knew it could actually be Laura, maybe she forgot something and lost her keys. It wouldn’t be the first time. And she did lock the door. She took a deep breath and stood up and approached the door and opened it. Standing there, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

The blonde man smiled weakly at her, “Uh, hi,” his voice flowed with apprehension.

Her eyes grew wide with disbelief. Nick Carter was standing just a few inches from her. This was not happening, she must have been dreaming. It then hit her, of course this was happening, but not to her. To Laura. He came here to see her roommate. She wooed him with her seductive act back at the music store. Sadness soon washed over her. “I’m sorry, Nick,” she tried to hide the disappointment in her voice, “But Laura isn’t here. She went off to some party.” She knew in a matter of moments he would be thwarted and he would leave.

He cocked his eyebrow and tilted his head, “Who?” He asked, as if he did not just comprehend what she had just told him.

“Laura, the girl you met at the mall with me. Isn’t that why you’re here? To see her?” Why else would he be there?

He looked at her uneasy and with his hand; he rubbed the back of his neck, up into his hair. “Uh…maybe me coming by was a bad idea. I’m-I’m sorry,” he stampeded. He glanced inside the apartment, looking for her boyfriend, “I’m stupid. Uh, I think I’m just gonna go…” he said, pointing his thumb behind him.

Kimberly looked at him almost in shock. He wasn’t here to see Laura? Like seriously? She saw him turn the other way and slowly make his way down the stone steps. No, he couldn’t leave, “Wait, don’t go!” She said more loudly than needed. He turned around and tried to hide the smile that twitched around his lips, “Um….do you…want to come in?”

He smiled, “Yeah.”

Nick walked inside the apartment and Kimberly shut the door behind her. She watched as he walked over towards the large black couch and sat down. She slowly shut the door, still not believing what she was seeing. Nick Carter was sitting on her couch just inches from her. He glanced up and smiled, she felt her heart skip a beat. He looked gorgeous. He was wearing his white outfit, reminded her so much of him in that video I Want It That Way. His hair was slightly messy, but still looked perfect….to her anyway. It was in his eyes and she watched as he brushed it aside. She decided to stop gawking at him like he was some sort of God. She just couldn’t get over the fact that he was actually here. It didn’t make any sense.

She walked over and sat down next to him and looked up at him and smiled, “So…hi.” She had no idea what to say. She felt as the words trembled off her tongue, she probably was already making a fool out of herself.

He grinned, “Hi.” She could feel her hands trembling a mile a minute. She dropped her head, not knowing what to say. She was going to bore him, she knew it. He was going to leave any moment. She then jumped as she felt his hand go on top of hers, “Are you okay?”

She nodded, “Y-yeah. I’m just in a little bit of shock right now. Forgive me. I just need time to recompose.”

He laughed, “Recompose?” He had such a nice laugh, “I guess this is a little strange for you. I know it is for me. I’ve never done anything like this before.”

“Anything like what?” She questioned, looking up at him, never noticing how blue his eyes really were. She thought the pictures in the magazines were fixed up, but now she could see they weren’t. His eyes were as blue as the ocean, she felt like she was being too fanish. She had to be normal…but what was normal? She didn’t want to freak out, but she didn’t want to act like some bore either.

“This,” he answered. “Knocking on a random girl’s door. I guess I even surprised myself.”

She bit her bottom lip as she looked at him, “What…what are you exactly doing here? I mean, if you’re not here to see Laura. Did you need a cup of sugar?”

He laughed again and she weakly smiled, “I uh….well I came to see you honestly.”

“Me?!?” She squeaked and she heard him laugh again. Apparently she was amusing him.

“Yeah, you.”

She was trying to take this all in. Nick Carter was here to see her?!? No freaking way! Why? What was he high off of, that would even make him want to be alone with her? She ran her hands through her tangled long light brown hair. She must have looked like a horrid, “Um, wow.” She looked at him almost confused, “How did you even know where I lived?”

That time he looked away in ignominy and his eyes dropped to the ground, seeing the hard wood floors needed to be cleaned. They had small black smudges in the crease of the floor. “Um, well….” He looked back up at her again, feeling ridiculous for even being here. He rubbed the back of his neck, “I…uh…I kind of followed you here.”

Her green eyes expanded, “You followed me?!?” The words were louder than she intended and the embarrassment was beginning to show across his face.

“Um, yeah. After we left the mall, I was kind of supposed to go to some dumb meeting the guys wanted to hold.” He then shrugged, “But I ditched,” he said, with a horse laugh.

“You ditched? Won’t they be upset?”

He shook his head and smiled, “Nah.” Although he neglected to mention the hard glare Kevin had thrown him once he raced away into his car. He could feel his gaze burning through the back of his head as he sped off. He knew he was going to be in for it later on, but he wasn’t going to worry about that…not now anyway.

Both Kimberly’s eyebrows suddenly rose, “So wait….that was you?!?” Relive swept over her and she leaned back on the couch and tilted her head back. Her hand ran through her hair, brushing it off of her face. She couldn’t even describe how terrified she was that someone was going to end up breaking in while she was sleeping.

Nick looked at her suddenly feeling uneasy. Maybe he should have lied; he didn’t want her to think that he was some sort of creep. He chewed on his bottom lip, “Uh, yeah…that was me.”

She laughed and sat up straight, “God, you have no idea how freaked out I was. I thought someone was trying to kill me or something!”

He looked up at her with sympathetic eyes, “I’m sorry….I didn’t mean to freak you out. I just…I just had to see you again.”

Kimberly looked at him skeptical. He had to see her again? Why? She just couldn’t comprehend…she was nowhere being as beautiful as Laura, yet Nick Carter rather see her….it just didn’t make any sense to her. “I just don’t understand that…why?” She asked, with a small laugh, “I mean just look at Laura….and then look at me.”

Both of his eyebrows rose as he stared at her in bewilderment, “You’re kidding me, right?” She just shrugged, “I can assure you, it’s you I’m interested in and not this Laura girl.” He had a thoughtful look come across his face, “Oh, I think I know what girl you’re talking about. The dark haired one, right?”

She nodded, “Yeah, that’s Laura.”

“And you think Laura is prettier than you?”

She laughed, “Um, yeah. Maybe you need glasses, Nick.”

He shook his head, “No, I really don’t. I saw her perfectly clear. She reeks of fake. I’m sorry….I know she’s your friend, but I’m not into all that. The way she exposed her body like that…and how she was coming onto me. I get it far too much and to be quite honest, it’s a bit of a turn off.”

Kimberly looked at him in complete stun. Wow. He really didn’t think much of Laura and that surprised her to the maximum. Everyone usually thought that Laura was God’s gift. Nick wasn’t at all what she suspected. She decided she had to get off this subject about her roommate, she didn’t want to bore him to death so she cleared her throat, “Um, would you like a drink or something?”

He smiled, “Sure. Got any beer?”

She scrunched up her nose, “No, can’t say that I do.”

He laughed, “What, you don’t like beer?”

She shook her head, “Nah, not really. I prefer mixed drinks or Mike’s Hard Lemonade.”

He shook his head in shame, “That’s a girl drink.”

She then laughed, “Well, last time I checked, I was a girl.”

A smirk formed around his lips and his eyes gazed down to her low cut shirt, which exposed a small amount of cleavage. He could see the small crease, which was slightly teasing him. She had a great rack there was no doubt about it and the fact that she was hiding it, made her much more appealing to him. He wondered how they would feel in his grasp, they defiantly looked real. His eyes then met hers and he could see her face was a bit flushed; his smirk grew into a grin. “I can see that.”

She bit on her bottom lip; her face was burning from his gaze on her. Her stomach felt like it was doing back flips off of a diving board. No one has ever looked at her like that before…and liked what they saw. “Um, I have Sprite….do you like Sprite?”

He laughed and nodded, “Yeah, I like Sprite.”

She then slowly stood up, “O-okay…let me go get some then…”

The smile had not disappeared from his face, in fact it had grown. He loved how utterly shy she was acting. He loved how her words trembled off of her tongue and how her lovely face was turning a light shade of red. He grinned at her, “Okay, I’ll be waiting here.”

“Okay…awesome. I’ll be right back then,” she said, as she began to walk backwards, and tripping over on a pair of Laura’s sandals in the process. Luckily she caught herself before she fell onto the hardwood floor. He gave out a small chuckle and she dashed into the kitchen, feeling her heart beating so rapidly she thought it was going to combust. She ran her hands through her hair roughly. Embarrassment was overcoming her. She had just made a fool out of herself in front of him. She shook her head in disgust, she was so stupid sometimes. She quickly ran to the cupboard and grabbed a pot, and stared into her reflection. Her hair wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. It was a bit wavy from the pony tail and still damp. She put the pot back into the cabinet and allowed her heart to calm down. She walked over towards the refrigerator and opened it, pulling out a two leader Sprite and put it on the table. She opened the dishwasher and found only dirty dishes, she groaned. Laura was supposed to run this. She shook her head in annoyance, when did she ever do something she was supposed to? She opened the cabinet where the cups were stored and saw there was barely any left. She looked up and saw a few on the top shelf; she went on her tippy toes, but still was out of reach. She groaned. She jumped up on the counter so that she was on her knees; she prayed she didn’t lose balance, that would hurt. She reached in and grabbed two cups, she placed them down on the side of her on the marble counter. She felt herself lose balance and she was awaiting the pain of feeling the floor against her face. She felt two hands on her back, pushing her forward. She turned and saw Nick was standing there, “Um…thanks.” Her face was beat red this time.

“If you needed help, you should have just gotten me.”

She shrugged, “I’m used to doing things on my own.”

His hands were still on her back and he moved them down to her waist and helped her down. She turned around and they were face to face. She could feel her heart rate increase as he stared down at her. He was a tall guy, she only reached up to his shoulders, “Well, I rather you ask than you breaking a leg.”

She smiled weakly, “Yeah. Sorry.”

He laughed, “You don’t need to be sorry.”

“Well, thanks for catching me,” she said, as her eyes drifted towards the floor.

He just shook his head at the girl in front of him, “No problem. Good thing I glanced over and saw you.”

She just smiled at him and then walked over to the table and poured Sprite into the cups. She then handed the blue plastic cup to Nick and he took it. She took the red one and they both sat back down on the couch in the living room. As she drank the sprite, the carbonation was starting to cause her to feel nauseous. She really should have eaten. She prayed the sick feeling would pass. Finally after a few minutes the nausea faded and that was when she noticed that Nick kept on staring at her. It was actually starting to make her feel uncomfortable….almost self-conscious. She thought maybe he would look away after a little bit, so she took another sip of her soda, which was probably a bad idea. She glanced back at him and still his eyes had not left her. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore, “Okay, what are you looking at?” She demanded.

He shrugged, “You.”

“Me?” She gave a small chuckle, “I think there are prettier things to look at than me, Nick.” She glanced around the room, “I love those flowers,” she said, referring to the dozen roses on the nightstand.

“Eh.” He shrugged, “They’re alright. I think what I’m looking at is more eye candy.”

She gave out a nervous laugh and turned away, “Thanks,” she mumbled. She could feel her face burning from the embarrassment.

He put the cup down and scooted closer towards her, “I just don’t get it.”

Kimberly looked back at him, “Get what?”

“How you don’t see it. How do you not see how hot you really are?”

She chewed on her bottom lip and shrugged, “I don’t know….I mean you put me and Laura next to each other, who do you think is gonna get chosen for a date?”

He shook his head in disbelief, “That girl has you brainwashed. You’re gorgeous.”

That sent chills down her spine. She looked at him and smiled, “Thank you…” she turned away again, feeling her face heat up again. He laughed and she looked back at him, “What?”

He shook his head, “Nothing.” He brushed a few loose strands of hair behind her ear, “You’re just really cute….especially when you blush,” he said, with a smirk.

She could feel her face glow from his touch; she could feel the butterflies in her stomach flying madly inside of her, trying to find some sort of escape. She smiled, “Thank you…I have my moments.”

He smiled, “You must have a lot of them then.”

She gave out a soft laugh, “You’re very charming.”

He grinned, “Well….you’re very tempting.”

Her green eyes grew wide from his comment. Tempting? Her?!? “Oh, am I?”

“Indeed,” he replied, as his thumb traced her bottom lip. She just couldn’t believe this was happening. Things like this just DO NOT happen to Kimberly Power. Was she in a dream? If she was, she never wanted to wake up.

She inhaled deeply, wondering if the butterflies would escape from her mouth. She could feel herself trembling. She just couldn’t get over that he was really here, she couldn’t get over that he thought she was attractive. “Wow,” she finally managed to say.

He raised an eyebrow, “Wow?” He laughed, “I don’t think I did anything….yet.”

Her heart fluttered at the simple word yet. She looked into his blue eyes, “I guess I’m still trying to comprehend that this is actually happening….that you’re really here to see me. I’m not used to this,” she said, with a nervous laugh.

“Well, I really am here,” he reassured her. He grinned, “How about I prove it to you?”

“Ho-how?” She stuttered, which caused his grin turn into a full blown smile, showing his white teeth.

He slid his hands into her hair, gently cupping her head and within seconds his lips were attached to hers. Yep, she was defiantly dreaming. She felt as his tongue slowly slid into her mouth, and flicked all over hers. He gently leaned her back against the couch, getting more into the kiss. She could feel it becoming more passionate, his mouth engulfing over hers and his tongue exploring every inch of her mouth. She could feel her heart beating out of control. His hand began to roam her body, gliding up her upper half, over her breasts, and before he could slide his hand into her shirt, she took hold of his wrist, gently pushing him away.

“I’m….I’m sorry,” she said, as she slowly began to sit up. She ran her hands through her hair, not believing what had just happened. Nick Carter had just made out with her, he wanted to ravish her and God she always dreamed of something like this happening to her….but now that it has, she knew she had morals. Was something wrong with her? What girl would possibly turn down a chance to have sex with him?

He looked at her almost confused, “Did I do something wrong?” He knew she was feeling him, so why did she push him away? Couldn’t she feel the heat and passion he had for her? All the things he wanted to do to her…most girls would kill to be in her shoes…but not her. She was clearly not like other girls…maybe this is what drew him to her so much.

She shook her head, “No, defiantly not. You did, everything right,” she said, with a laugh. She then looked back at him and could see the confusion plastered on his face. Not that she blamed him, God she wanted him…wanted him more than she had ever wanted anyone before…but she wanted to be worth more than just as a good lay. She sighed, “Um…well, it’s just…I’ve been used and taken advantage of a lot. I don’t think I could deal with it again.” She then looked into his eyes and could see he was a bit baffled with her sudden accusation that he would do something like that., “Not that I’m saying you would…I just know if we let it get any further, I would probably do things I’d regret later on.” She could feel herself becoming ailing; did she just ruin chances with him now?

But soon his disturbed facial features turned back into the kind, smiling face, “Nah, its cool.” He then shrugged, “I probably should have had a little more self control,” he said, with apologetic smile. “I guess I’m not really used to it.” He then looked at her seriously, “But I promise I won’t ever do something you don’t wanna and I won’t take advantage of you.”

She smiled, “Thanks.” She decided maybe she should explain why she was feeling so timid about the idea of having sex so soon, “So I was seeing this guy a month ago. I really liked him a lot. He happened to be my boss,” she said, with a nervous laugh, glancing up to see how disgusted he was with her, but his face was still calm. “And things turned sour when I wanted more than just a sex based relationship and he was such a prick to me. I guess that’s what happens when you mix business with pleasure,” she said, with a shrug.

Nick was looking at her in disbelief. He shook his head, “What a loser.”

Kimberly just shrugged, “I’m sort of used to it by now,” she said, as she took a sip of her soda, which she had forgotten was evil. She could feel her empty stomach rumble as the bubbles of the carbonation settled in. She leaned over a bit, praying the feeling of vomiting would just go away.

Nick looked at her with a concerned look, “Are you okay?” He asked, as he put a hand on her back.

She nodded, “Yeah.” She slowly breathed, and thankfully it did pass. Suddenly there was a loud noise that even startled her. Her stomach growled hungrily, that even Nick heard. That was embarrassing.

A small curve formed around his lips, “Hungry?”

She shook her head, “No, I’m fine,” but her words were everything, but convincing.

“I could kinda go for a pizza.”

He had no idea how amazing that sounded. She weakly smiled at him, “Well….I suppose I could eat…” with that said, her stomach shouted again and she placed her hand over her stomach and he laughed.

“You suppose?” He pulled out his fat grey phone, “What kind do you like?”

“Doesn’t matter to me.”

“Plain sound good?”

She nodded and a smile formed, “Plain sounds great.”

Within a second he was on the phone with some pizza place, “Yeah, hey. I’d like one large plain pizza sent to….” He glanced back at her again, “Where am I?”

She laughed, “168 Pave Road.”

“One 168 Pave Road,” he answered into the phone. “Nope, that’s all. Great, bye.” He then hung up and smiled at her, “Okay, all set, they’ll be on their way in like half an hour.”

She returned the smile, “Awesome.” She then bit her bottom lip and turned her gaze back to the floor, when she looked back at his face, she saw that he was smirking. He then crossed his leg; throwing his ankle on his knee and his arm reached out over the back of the couch.

“What?” She asked, trying to hide the smile in her voice.

He smirked, as he heard it and he just slightly shrugged, “Just sitting here…looking at you.”

She softly laughed, “Why? There are better things to look at.”

He raised both of his eyebrows and let out a small sigh. His arm then reached around her shoulder and pulled her into him. She was a bit surprised, but settled into him, “Why do you say things like that?” He demanded, “I don’t get how you don’t think you’re hot.” His arm tightened around her, pushing her against him, her hands pressed against his chest as their faces were just inches from one another. She could feel her heart pounding against her ribcage as she felt his breath on her skin.

“I-I don’t know,” she murmured.

He brushed her hair behind her ear, “I think you’re gorgeous,” he said, in a raspy tone. His lips then brushed up upon her jaw line, she could feel herself trembling and when Nick’s eyes met hers again he was smirking, “Do you always shiver when someone gives you a compliment?”

“It’s not the compliment I’m shivering from,” she assured him.

He grinned, “Oh.” His mouth then went to her ear and kissed her earlobe. She could feel her breathing increasing; she could not believe this was happening. His mouth then went down to her neck and he left small kisses around her collar bone. He sat up straight after that and the smile only widened, “I guess I should stop, I don’t want you to go into a seizure or something.” He released his grip and she moved a few inches from him, his arm rested back up at the edge of the back of the couch again.

She laughed, “Thanks, that’s so thoughtful of you.”

“So I want to ask you something.”

“Sure, what’s up?”

He licked his lips; it looked as though he was trying to think about the question so it came out right. “Why were you upset today?”

She wanted to avoid this question; she turned her head away for a moment. She figured she might as well tell him. She looked back at him and sighed, “I overheard Laura and her friends talking….about me.” She shook her head in disgust, “You would think that she would defend me when they were saying all those things about me. But no, she just went right along with it.”

His face looked sympathetic, “So who is this Laura? Mike told me you had to go get a girl before you would come inside the store. I figured this girl must be your best friend or something.”

“Mike?” Kimberly looked at him questionably, “Wait, so was getting me in the store you’re little set up?”

He grinned, “Guilty.” His eyes warmly met hers and she felt her heart skip a beat, “I really don’t know what it was,” he continued. “But ever since I first saw you at the mall today….I know how corny and lame this sounds, but I felt something,” he then laughed a horse laugh, obviously feeling a little stupid.

Kimberly looked at him almost in astonishment, “Really?!?” All that time she thought that he was looking at Laura, he was really staring at her? Wow…just wow.

He studied her facial expressions and saw it was almost bemused. He bit on his lower lip afraid of what was running through her mind. Did she think he was crazy for lusting over a girl he barely knew? “Uh…what are you thinking?” He finally managed to say, hoping the apprehension didn’t show in his voice.

She looked at him and couldn’t believe he was anxious about what she was thinking. She fought back to hide the smile as it came clear who he really wanted. It was like, Laura who to him. She cleared her throat and looked at him and slowly said, “I just can’t believe what I’m hearing. I thought you were staring at Laura the whole time tonight.”

He shook his head and the smile appeared back on his face. He put his hand on her knee, gently rubbing it with his finger tips, “I don’t think you realize how beautiful you really are.”

She could feel her face flush and she looked down, gently nibbling on her lower lip, “Thank you,” she mumbled.

He softly laughed and with his hand, lifted her chin so that their eyes met, “I mean it, Kim.” She felt chills run up and down her spine as he said her name, “Laura has nothing compared to you.” He then gently took hold of her chin and pressed his lips upon hers and Kimberly felt like she was melting as she felt his tongue make its way into her mouth. When he pulled away, his lips turned into a curve, “You’re the one that caught my interest, not her. So do yourself a favor and stop second guessing yourself. You’re hot. Like it or not.”

She exhaled air, “Wow…”

He smirked, “Wow is right. So tell me something. If Laura makes you feel like this, why are you even friends with her? I saw the way she was acting earlier in the store, that was messed up.”

“I thought she was cool….but I guess not. Now I’m stuck with her….at least until the lease is up.”

“Ohhh, she’s your roommate?” Abhor filled his voice. She nodded. Nick looked in thought for a moment, “Hmm.”

“What?”

“Looks like we shouldn’t tell her about us quite yet, should we?” He asked, with a crooked smile, “I don’t think she’d take it very well.”

Kimberly roughly shook her head, “Oh My God….she’d kill me!” She then laughed, “She thinks you’re her soul mate.”

He raised an eyebrow and then laughed, “Oh does she?”

She nodded, “Yep. So I think she’s a little in love with you.”

“Tough for her, I got my eye on someone else.”

Once again Kimberly could feel her face burning and she turned away, not being able to hide the smile that grew upon her face. Nick just chuckled and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her into him, as he laid against the arm of the couch, so she could lay on him. They began to talk. He wanted to know everything about her, she fascinated him, he loved how he felt….human around her. He didn’t have to put up an act, he even felt like he had to do that with Cindy, which was the main reason he broke up with her. They hadn’t dated long, only about six months. Kimberly explained how her best friend Ashley lived in California and that moving in with Laura was pretty much just an escape to get away from her parents. Nick could relate. He informed her that he lived in California and had a home there, but with all the touring there were probably cob webs forming.

The door bell rang and Kimberly sat up, “Damn, the pizza is already here?”

Nick shrugged, “Guess so.”

She stood up and opened the door, before she could even go to grab her purse, Nick handed the guy a twenty, “Keep the change,” he said, to the teen boy with the red Pizza hat on.

“But the Pizza only came to ten dollars,” he informed him, in a high pitched voice.

He smiled, “It’s your lucky day.” He then took the pizza and shut the door, “Smells good, I’m starving.”

“You didn’t need to do that,” said Kimberly, as she sat down next to Nick on the couch.

“Do what?” He questioned, as he laid the pizza box on the coffee table in front of them.

“Pay,” she answered.

He looked at her and smiled, “It’s okay, I don’t mind.” He then kissed her on the cheek, “I know I’m going to like you.” Nick opened the pizza and grabbed a slice and bite into it, not realizing how hot it was, “Shit!” Melting cheese dropped onto his white shirt, “Uh, yeah it’s hot, be careful.”

Kimberly put her hand over her mouth and tried to contain her laughter, “You’re a dork.”

He grinned, “You love it.”

“Guilty,” she said, mimicking him from earlier. She then grabbed a blob of the cheese off his shirt and put it on the cover of the open pizza box, “It’s only cheese, it’ll come out.”

He shrugged, “I’m not too worried.” He then grabbed his drink and took a long gulp, he then eyed Kimberly, “Aren’t you gonna eat?”

“I will….when it cools.” It was as if her stomach could talk and it made another loud growl and she put her hand over it, wishing she could make it be quiet. She then looked at him sheepishly, “Sorry.”

“Here, try mine,” he said, holding his half eaten pizza, keeping one of his hands under the bottom so it wouldn’t drip on her. “It’s kinda cool now.”

It smelt so good, she couldn’t resist and she took a bite, feeling her taste buds having a party, “Mmm, that is good, wow.”

He laughed, “Told ya,” he said, taking another bite. He swallowed hard and noticed the sauce on the corner of Kimberly’s mouth. “You have a little something…”

“I do? Where?”

He put his slice down and leaned over wiped the sauce away with his finger, “Just a little pizza residue,” he answered, with a smirk.

Kimberly suddenly felt brave and forward. She moved towards him a little, “So uh….I think I like you.”

He laughed, “Good, then we’re on the same page.”

She pressed her lips gently against his, he was taken aback from her sudden affection, not that he minded. He felt her hands run through his hair, as her tongue went after his. She was leaning forward so much that it caused him to fall on his back against the couch. His arms wrapped around her, as his mouth was being invaded by her tongue. He felt her gently nibble on his bottom lip and that was sending him over the edge. His hands glided over her slides and he snaked his hands into her shirt, feeling over her bare back. He wanted this girl and he didn’t see anything that was stopping him from throwing the pizza box on the floor and throwing her on that table and pounding her.

His dream was then shattered as she pulled away, “I’m sorry,” she breathed.

“Sorry?” He looked at her thunderstruck, “Why? I’m not,” he laughed. “Damn….I didn’t realize you were so….aggressive,” his voice became seductive at the word aggressive.

She laughed, “Usually I’m not…at least not after what that loser did.”

Nick then sat up, “You shouldn’t let some guy get to you so bad. Don’t change because of him. I thought what you just did was really hot….however I might not be able to control myself from ravishing you.”

She laughed and turned away, she began to chew on her bottom lip. Caught his gaze, he looked far too gorgeous; it would be so easy to have sex with him tonight. But if she wanted something to bloom between the two, she had to have control, “Can I….can I ask you something?”

“Yeah. What’s on your mind?” He asked, as he took another slice of pizza.

Kimberly couldn’t control it anymore and she grabbed a slice too and took a large bite. Her stomach began to feel satisfied; finally there was food in it, “What…what do you want to happen tonight? Are you just looking for a good time?”

He knew exactly where she was getting at, “I am having a good time right now….so in a way yes. But I didn’t expect to have sex with you….if that’s where you’re getting at. I know you told me you were hurt from that other guy.”

“So….does this mean, you’d wanna see me again?”

His smile widened, “Yeah, I’d like to.”

Her green eyes expanded, “Really?”

He laughed, “Really. Unless you’re getting sick of me already?” He teased.

She giggled, “No….not yet.”

He smirked, “Good.” He then looked at her serious, “But for the time being….how about we keep us on the down low, okay?”

She smiled and nodded, “I think I can do that,” she then took another bite of her pizza.



Hours had passed; the pizza box was empty except for like three slices. Kimberly was laying on Nick a bit, as he laid down on the couch, his finger tips were running up and down her arm. They had not stopped talking. Since she told him a lot about her, he decided it was time to return the favor. He told her about his family and recent ex-girlfriend Cindy, it was a nice feeling, he enjoyed knowing he could talk to her. He neglected to tell her about the problems he was having with the band, he didn’t want to freak her out too much yet. But he did mention the depression he was feeling and Kimberly could relate far too well. Maybe he felt such a connection towards her because they related so much and had a lot in common. During their conversation his phone rang a few times, after the third ring she asked who it was and he simply told her it was his brother. Although it was Kevin, he was livid. He turned the ringer off after that.

A yawn crept up on Kimberly, her head was against his chest and his arm was slung over his stomach, “Tired?” He questioned, as he glanced down at her.

She shook her head, “Nope,” but another yawn broke the words.

He laughed and rubbed her back and then groaned, “I guess I probably should be going. It is….” He glanced at his phone, “Almost four in the morning.”

She slowly sat up, “My God, already?”

“Yeah.” He then stretched, “Want me to help you clean up this mess?”

She shook her head, “It’s only a pizza box.” She then grinned, “Unless you’re looking for another reason to stay longer?”

He smirked, “Maybe.” He then pulled her into him again and his lips met with hers, “Yep…I defiantly like you.”

She smiled, “The feeling is mutual I can assure you.” Nick then stood up and Kimberly walked him to the door, “So um…..think I can see you tomorrow?” She asked, looking up at him, with a small smile.

“Tomorrow?” He was quiet for a few seconds, “Well, the guys and I have this stupid photo shoot to do for The Rolling Stones cover.”

“Oh wow! The Rolling Stones? That’s big.” She then shrugged, “Maybe another time then?”

He could sense the disappointment in her voice, even though she tried to sound excited for him. “Hey, is tomorrow after five good for you?” He asked, with a sly smirk.

She felt her lips stretch out into a smile, “Yeah! That’s great.”

He laughed, “Good then.” He pulled her into him, his arms locked around her back, pressing Kimberly into him, “You know…I really don’t want to go.”

She laughed, “Yeah, I don’t want you to go either.”

His forehead was pressed against hers, “I had a really nice time. I think I’m already looking forward to tomorrow.”

She smiled, “Me too.”

His lips met hers once again, and she opened her mouth to him like a rose. She felt his tongue dance with hers. He freed her from his arms, and his fingers ran down her cheek, “Goodbye, Baby Angel,” he said, once more before pulling away, “Text me anytime.”

She felt swarms of butterflies flying violently inside of her, “Okay,” she replied, with a bright smile. “Goodnight.”

He smirked, “Night.” He then left for his car, when she heard him drive off the shock soon began to fade. She walked over towards the chair and plopped herself down, the shock may have faded, but she still couldn’t believe it. Suddenly she was pulled out of her thoughts as she heard a car screech into her driveway. She jumped up and before she had time to tidy up the door flung open and in walked Laura with Sandy….they were both obviously drunk.

“What are you doing here?” Demanded Kimberly, “I thought you were at Ronny’s party?”

“Tee police came,” slurred Laura.

“So where’s Ronny?”

“His place, I think he tried explaining the parttyy to him,” she answered. “Why are you up sooo late?!?”

“Yeah,” chimed in Sandy. “Isn’t it past your bedtime?”

Kimberly shot her a hard look, “I was a little hungry so I had a pizza.”

Laura laughed, “Little? You got a large pizza, Kim! God, you need to cut down what you eat. No wonder why you’re still single.”

“Ooooh, there’s a few pieces left!” Cried Sandy, grabbing a slice and biting into it, “Mmmmm soooo good!”

Laura then grabbed the last piece, “You better stop eating all this shit or you’re gonna end up reallyyy fat!”

“Can someone say Jenny Craig?” Laughed Sandy.

Kimberly just shook her head, “Night guys.” She’d clean it later. She grabbed the photo of the Backstreet Boys and walked upstairs into her room, fighting off the tears. She laid down on the bed and felt liquid roll down her cheek. She then grabbed her phone and decided to text Nick.


Thanks for tonight
You’re awesome



She sighed and put the phone to the side and began to undress, trying her hardest not to let what Laura and Sandy said get to her. She shut off the light and laid down on the bed taking a deep breath, wishing she could just leave this place. She jumped when her phone went off. She opened it and saw it was a text.


I should be thanking you
I had a great time!
And don’t give me all the credit
You’re pretty awesome yourself
Goodnight, Baby Angel can’t wait to see you tomorrow ;)



Suddenly all bad feelings she was feeling a few moments ago of Laura and Sandy had vanished and a smile appeared across her face. Nick Carter was nothing like would have thought. He was perfect and a fantastic kisser and she would see him tomorrow. She closed her eyes and felt her stomach doing flips as she thought about seeing him again.
Temper by Cartersbitch
~Chapter 5



Nick had gotten back to his hotel late, almost 5:30AM, but he didn’t care. He needed to escape his band mates that he called brothers. He laid down in his bed with a smile plastered upon his face. He didn’t expect going to her place to go so well. She was defiantly someone he could see enjoy being around. Not only was she beautiful, but she was trustworthy too. He just could tell. He didn’t know what he was going to do about her roommate though, it seemed she was going to be a problem…and then there are his friends….he already knew Kevin was livid about him bailing last night. But he just didn’t care….he didn’t care about anything anymore. Suddenly it seemed like all he wanted to care about was himself for once. Was that such a bad thing? He wanted to be happy and he had been terribly forlorn lately and for the first time in almost six months…he felt happy. He closed his eyes and her face came to his mind.


“Oh, it looks like someone decided to come back,” growled AJ Mclean, as he walked into the room where Nick had passed out. He could feel his blood boiling as he thought about what Kevin had told him, how he just abandoned the guys to fend for themselves in front of JR like that. What was the matter with him? They planned that meeting a week in advance and since he decided not to show, JR gave them the third degree. “Nick, get the fuck up!” He yelled, he just groaned and ignored him. AJ was getting irritated he felt like a broken record, Nick wasn’t moving an inch as he kept on ordering him to get up. Finally he could feel all the heat leave his mouth as he shouted, “If you don’t get up NOW we’re all going to be late!!!”

“Man, when did he get back last night?” Wondered Howie, as he dried his hair with a red towel.

AJ looked at his friend, “No, question is what time did he get in?” He shook his head in disgust, “He’s starting to become lazy and it’s fucking pissing me off!”

Kevin walked in and saw that Nick was still sound asleep. His foot was hanging off of the bed and his face was smothered into a pillow, as his arm was stretched out. He turned to AJ with fuming eyes, “I told you to get him up! Can’t you do anything right?!?”

“We tried!” Defended Howie, “But the guy is out stone cold.” He then shrugged, “What else do you want us to do? We’re screaming at him.”

“We?” Hissed AJ, “I think I’m the one that’s actually trying to get his ass up, you’re just standing there watching.”

Howie stared at him in shock and his eyes narrowed. Kevin ignored the two and walked over to the bed that Nick was sleeping in and yanked the blankets off of him and shouted loudly, “NICK!!!” His eyes popped open and he glanced over and saw Kevin, he groaned and threw his face back in the pillow, “If you do not get the hell out of that bed, we are leaving without you!” He warned, but that seemed not to have any effect upon him so he continued, “And if we do that, then you are no longer a part of this group. Do you understand?!?”

Nick waited a few minutes and groaned and slowly sat up, “Okay, I’m up!” He said in a hard voice. He saw that it was only ten in the morning; he barely got four hours of sleep.

“Now hurry up and get ready, if we’re late because of you, I swear to God I will – ”

“You will what, Kevin?!?” He demanded as he stood up and was now eye to eye to him, “Don’t fucking threaten me, man!” He then grabbed some clothes and slammed the bathroom door behind him.

“Wow,” was all Brian could say as he watched in stun. He was tying his shoes, “About time,” he mumbled to himself. He hated how Nick was acting like a child, he wasn’t twelve years old anymore, he had to man up. What was his deal? He wanted to protect him from the other guys, but how could he when he was on their side? Nick was doing wrong and he was sure he even knew that.

“I know where he went last night,” Kevin finally said, once he heard the shower start.

All eyes were on him, “Where?” AJ decided to ask, since no one else was.

“Remember those two girls that came into the store? Nick talked to Mike and told him to invite them. Well…he ended up following one of them home.”

“The dark haired one?” Questioned Howie.

He shook his head, “No, the other one.”

AJ looked at Kevin in appall, “You’ve got to me kidding me! What an idiot, did he not see how hot that girl looked? Shit, what was her name….” he thought hard to remember, “Laura,” he said, with a satisfaction smile. “Why the hell would he choose that other chick? Laura was…damn. I wouldn’t pass her up.”

“Wait,” said Brian, as he looked up at Kevin. “He followed a girl home? What’s the matter with him? He didn’t know if she was crazy….you would think he would be smarter than that.”

“Nick isn’t smart,” snickered AJ. “Haven’t you realized that yet? And he followed her home because he’s a horny bastard.” He then shook his head in disgust, “Man, that guy has been having more sex than me!”

“Well….you had Sarah,” said Howie, whom shook his head in disbelief. “I still can’t believe you guys broke up. She was good for you.”

AJ’s eyes began to tighten, “Yeah Howie, just keep on rubbing it in. She was the one to break up with me….not like I left her.”

“Well, if you never cheated on her with that whore that you met in AA, she never would have left your ass. You’re the one that had to fuck around, so it’s no one’s fault but your own.” Kevin harshly spoke; his words felt like a whip and AJ felt like he was being lashed as he remembered the heart break he caused her.

“Okay….so I made one mistake I don’t see you – ”

“One?!? HA! Whenever you’re in a relationship you cannot keep your dick in your pants. You never could stay faithful to only one woman; I’m surprised Sarah even stayed with you as long as she did.”

Okay, maybe Kevin was right, but how could he? All those beautiful ladies flaunting their bodies at him. How was she supposed to resist? “Okay, so what? I have a problem. I can’t just stay with one girl, they’re all too gorgeous. They’re like chocolate, one is never enough.”

Kevin rolled his green eyes in annoyance, “You’re going to be regretting what you’re saying. You don’t think I don’t have those feelings? But Kristin means more to me than a quick fuck.”

“Sorry, not everyone has the happy marriage like you!”

“Brian does.”

Brian’s eyes grew wide, “Hey, don’t go dragging me in the middle of this.”

“Come on, Bri,” said Kevin. “Would you ever cheat on Leighanne?”

“No, you know I wouldn’t.”

Kevin then grinned and looked at AJ, “So I’m not the only one.”

Moments later the shower stopped and after about five minutes, Nick walked out wearing dark blue jeans and a white T-Shirt that said ADIDAS in black fat letters across the front. His hair was brushed back, still dripping wet, but it was obviously he didn’t give a damn. Usually he would have put in some sort of jell, but he figured he could let the hair stylist deal him today. He walked over to his suitcase and pulled out two white socks and sat down on the edge of the bed and slipped them on. He could feel all eyes on him, but he choose to ignore the hard stares.

Brian sat next to me, “Feeling better?” He just shrugged and grabbed his black sneakers and started to put them on, “So….who’s the lucky lady?”

That caused his head to snap up, “Okay, so who’s been running their mouth?” He demanded in a thick tone, as he eyed Kevin; already knowing the answer.

“Forget who said it,” said AJ. “Why the hell would you even do that? You know we can’t just go after some fan, then they’ll start to run their mouth and guess what….you’re screwed! You’ll be having TMZ at your front door.”

“And what the hell was up with you ignoring me last night, Nick?” Demanded Kevin, “Bailing like that wasn’t very smart. You know better than that. I called you at least five times.”

He looked at Kevin, “Why do you think? I didn’t want to go to your dumb ass meeting.” Nick then looked at AJ, “And for the record, she isn’t like that. She and I talked a lot last night and we really connected on a deep level….something I haven’t done in a long time. And you know what, if she were to say anything to someone, I don’t see what the big deal is. What? I can’t just be a guy who happens to like a regular girl?”

“Yeah, pretty much,” he answered.

“Nick, come on,” said Kevin. “I know you wanted to see her, but responsibility comes first, you knew this long before that you can’t just ditch your job to see some girl.”

He just shook his head, he could already feel his anger rising. He should have spent the night at her place….although things would probably happen if that were the case. He stood up and went to grab a drink. He didn’t even want to do this damn photo shoot. He was starting to hate these guys that he was supposed to call brothers. They were slowly suffocating him. He took a long sip of the milk from the cartoon.

“So…what did you guys talk about?” Questioned Howie, whom walked over towards him.

He put the drink back into the refrigerator and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and looked back at Howie, “That’s really none of your concern, is it?”

His brown eyes got large as he saw Nick’s face was hard as stone and his tone….it was almost sarcastic. What happened to him? What happened to the little guy he used to be able to talk to? The guy he used to defend when everyone else was picking on him? “Ookayyy then.”

“Dude, what the hell is your problem?!?” Demanded AJ, as he came face to face with Nick.

He couldn’t take it anymore, he was starting to feel like a time bomb and AJ was going to cause him to explode. “You wanna know what my problem is?!? Well, you’re my fucking problem!” He yelled, “First, you bitch at me for staying out all night! Then you scream at me for seeing a girl that I happen like! I’m twenty six years old! I don’t need a fucking supervisor!”

“It’s not about the girl, Nick!” Spat Kevin, “It’s that you ditched a meeting to see her!”

Howie was getting sick and tired of the yelling. It seemed that’s all they did lately was scream at each other, “Guys, let’s just forget about this. It’s not worth to fight about. It’s over and done with. He knows he made a stupid choice.”

Nick’s eyes glared at him, “Stupid choice? No, the only stupid choice I ever made was staying in this fucking band!”

Everyone was taking aback from his out sudden outburst about the group, everyone except AJ. “No, you know what, I think it is worth to fight about.”

“AJ, don’t,” ordered Kevin, as he watched as Nick was losing his temper. He knew AJ loved to add fuel to the fire, but he didn’t want another blow up…not like last week. They fought so loudly they were told to leave the hotel.

“No,” argued AJ. “Nick gets all bitchy when we speak the rules, I think it’s time we set him straight.”

A growl escaped Nick as he hissed, “Just so you know, Kim isn’t a rule and she isn’t gonna be a rule that I have to follow!”

AJ looked at him disgusted, “You know if you were gonna pick a girl, at least you could have picked the more appealing one.” He then laughed, “I mean really, Nick. What happened to you? Going after ugly girls isn’t your style.”

“She’s not ugly,” he barked. “Sorry AJ, unlike you, I don’t make sure she has a DD chest and a tight ass. Notice how all those girls you fucked are no longer with you? Why is that you think?”

His brown eyes got tight, “That’s because I kick them to the curb afterwards.” Kevin’s jaw dropped at AJ’s words, but he ignored it, “And you know, when I fuck them, at least I don’t want to worry about putting a bag over their head. Good luck with this one.”

Nick violently shoved him against the wall, causing pictures to hit to floor and smash, “FUCK YOU! Just because you don’t think she isn’t hot doesn’t mean you can talk shit about her. At least she’s not fake, not how you like it. It’s not wonder why no one wants to stay with you after one night. You’re as pathetic as them.”

“Get the fuck off me!” He shouted and shoved Nick away, and AJ slugged him into the stomach. He groaned and went to retaliate, but Kevin grabbed a hold of Nick, and Howie and Brian grabbed AJ.

“Calm down,” ordered Kevin, as he held Nick’s arms behind him. He then looked over at AJ, “What is the matter with you? Now we’re going to talk to each other like adults. Are you chill, Nick?”

He was breathing heavy, “Yeah, I’m fine.” Although he could feel the blood pumping through his veins, all he wanted to do was beat AJ’s face in.

He was starting to hate him. Kevin then released him, but he was still on guard in case he did decide to go for AJ again. Brian and Howie did the same thing,

“Now, Nick,” said Brian, with caution. “You just met this girl; I don’t think you should be fighting for her like this.”

“That’s why I want to know more about her….I’m really into her,” he admitted.

“How?!?” Demanded Kevin, “You just met the girl last night.”

“So what?” He was getting aggravated; did he have to know her for a month to even know he liked her? No, there was something about her, something that made him want to see her again. She was different, she was normal…she was real. “You know, if you can’t understand how I feel, maybe you’re not worth being my brothers.”

“This whole thing has gotten out of hand! Nick, like I said before this isn’t about you falling for some girl, it’s about –”

“Just save it, Kevin.” He then shoved his way past the other guys and headed to the door, “I’m getting sick of being treated like a child.”

“Then stop acting like one!” Brian finally said.

Betrayal was smeared across Nick’s face, “If I go with you guys, it’s gonna be ugly. I’m leaving.”

“NICK, YOU CAN’T!” Cried Howie, “We have to be somewhere.”

“I don’t care; I haven’t for a long time now. You guys are really pissing me off and I know I’m going to end up doing something I regret.”

“Nick, why are you doing this?!?” Kevin demanded through his teeth.

“Because I’m getting sick and tired of your bullshit! I’m getting sick and tired of this band all together.”

“FINE!!” Shouted AJ, “Go to that little whore that wants to ruin years of friendship.”

Nick’s blue eyes turned a dark blue and he stormed up to AJ, “What did you just call her?!?”

“Whore!” He spat, “That’s obviously what she is. Have fun fucking her, hope it's worth it.”

Nick’s fist tightened and before any of the other guys could retaliate he slammed his fist into AJ’s face, “CALL HER THAT AGAIN!!!”

He licked his bottom lip and tasted blood and his eyes narrowed, “Fine, I will….hope you have fun With. Your. Whore.”

Nick was about to jump on him, but that time Kevin grabbed him, along with Brian, Nick was using all of his might to get out of their grasp. All he wanted to do was make AJ bleed. Finally after struggling for almost five minutes, he stopped. It just wasn’t worth it. Kevin loosened his grip and he shoved him away from him and stomped towards the door and turned to the four guys standing there in dismay from his actions, “You’re not even worth my time.” He shook his head in shame, “Sometimes I don’t even know why I consider you brothers.” He then left and slammed the door behind him.

AJ’s eyes turned hard, “THAT’S IT I’M GONNA – ”

“Cool it, AJ,” ordered Brian, whom was starting to feel guilty. He let his best friend down, he saw the betrayal in his eyes when he sided with the other guys and that killed him. But Nick gave him no choice.

“Cool it?!? He fucking punched me!” He reminded the others.

“Wow…this girl must have something,” said Howie in disbelief.

“Yeah….she has a pussy,” answered AJ.

Panic filled Kevin’s face, “This is great, just fucking great! We have a photo shoot to do…DAMN IT!!!”


Kimberly woke up to a smile on her face. She hadn’t remembered when she ever woke up happy before. She sat up and ran her hand through her snarled hair as she thought about last night. Was it all an amazing dream or did it actually happen? She chewed on her bottom lip and grabbed her blue flip cell-phone and went through the texts and her stomach began to jump as she read the text from Nick. The smile on her face widened, so it wasn’t just a dream, it was real. He was actually here last night. She let her back fall back and her head into the fluffy pillow as she closed her eyes and recapped his kiss…oh man could he kiss! And he wanted to see her again! She had to suppress a squeal. She jumped up and threw on some black sweat pants that hung off her hips and a pink baby tee and danced down the stairs.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw Laura sitting on the couch with her two fingers to her temple and her phone and purse on the coffee table, “Uh…are you okay?”

Laura shot her a hard glare, “Do I like okay?” She snapped, “I have the worst headache.”

“Drank too much yesterday?” She asked, as she sat down next to her.

She shrugged, “Probably.”

“So where’s Sandy?”

“She called a taxi this morning, I didn’t feel like driving her home, I was too tired.” She picked up her phone and looked at the screen and slammed it down on the coffee table again, “That fucking jerk!”

Kimberly looked at her confused, were her and Ronny already fighting? Was he upset that she left the party like that? She knows she probably would be upset. “Who?” She questioned, although she thought she had a pretty good idea.

“Nick!” She growled.

Kimberly looked at her bewildered, “Nick? As in Nick Carter?”

“Yeah!” She stood up and began to walk into the kitchen, “I gave him my fucking number and he hasn’t even called me! Let alone text me, what’s the matter with him? Is he really that stupid to give me up like that?!?” She continued to rage.

Kimberly could feel her teeth grinding together. She wanted to defend him, say he was with her, but she knew how the outcome would go….death. Okay, maybe not death, but a life of complete torture. Plus, she promised him that she wouldn’t say a word so she had to hold her tongue, “Uh, well it’s still pretty early, Laura. Maybe the guy is still sleeping you know?” Although she knew perfectly that he wasn’t, he was at a photo shoot, but she couldn’t share this knowledge with her roommate. She would demand where she got her information from.

Laura looked at the clock and saw that it was only hitting eleven thirty and she gave half a smile, “Yeah, you’re right.” Her smile then widened, “I mean, how could he ignore me? I’m so dumb sometimes. I can bet you, he’ll be calling me by the end of the night,” she said, with a giggle. “How amazing would it be if I started dating him? I mean me, dating Nick Carter. Wow.”

Oh, how Kimberly wanted to tell her the truth, oh how she wanted to tell Laura that Nick wasn’t interested in her in the slightest. It was she he wanted; he came over to see her, not Laura. He kissed her because he was attracted to her. She wanted to so badly tell Laura how low he thought of her, but she had to hold her tongue, she knew the truth and that was all that mattered. “What….what about Ronny? I thought you guys were dating or something?”

Laura shrugged, “Eh, I wouldn’t call it dating….he likes me and I like him.” She then smirked, “But if Nick came along, come on….we both know who I’d choose.”

Kimberly knew she had to bite her tongue. Laura could see the displease look upon her face, “But yeah, I gotta head to work.”

“Work?” Did Laura even know the meaning of the word? Do more of her modeling? Did the even consider of work? It irritated her to a high degree knowing all she did was take a few photos and people paid her…..for that!

“Yeah. Sam wants to take a few shots of me in the beach. It’s going to be fun, I can’t wait! Well, I’ll be home late….I might meet up with Ronny afterwards.” This could not have worked out more perfectly, that meant when Nick came over she would be gone….thank God for that. “You don’t need the car do you? Because I’m gonna be using it most of the day.”

She shook her head, “Nah. I’ll probably be just chilling here, since it’s my day off.”

She nodded, “Yeah, I figured that.”

Kimberly didn’t like the tone of her voice. So just because she didn’t go out partying, it meant she never did anything in her free time? Ugh, that annoyed her. If it weren’t for Nick coming over, she would have protested and said she needed the car just so she could lie about going out. She put on a fake smile, “Well…have fun.”

Laura smirked, “Oh, I will. Don’t wait up.” She then grabbed the car keys, which were hanging up on the hook near the door and left the apartment. She then heard the tires screech on the pavement.

Kimberly sighed and looked at the clock and saw it was nearly hitting noon. She decided to take a quick shower, might as well kill time while she could. Nick wasn’t going to be there until at least five or so….and that is if he wasn’t late. Might as well have an early start.


Nick had been driving around, he was so pissed off, all he wanted to do was turn his car around and really give AJ a piece of him. He clenched the steering wheel tightly in his grasp as he thought about what he and the other guys were saying. And how could Brian defend them?!? He usually was always on his side. The group was really falling apart; he didn’t even know what was keeping him in it anymore. He pulled over into the breakdown lane and he rested his head against the wheel, knowing he should probably suck it up and turn around to go to that stupid ass photo shoot. He groaned and sat up straight and then looked around, knowing where he was. A smirk soon appeared across his face, “Fuck the photo shoot,” he mumbled. He punched in 168 Pave Road into his GPS. How he remembered that, he had no idea. He then headed into the direction which the GPS led him, feeling a bit less irritated now.


As the water hit Kimberly’s bare skin, Nick kept on creeping into her mind. She just couldn’t seem to comprehend that last night was not a dream, it was real. Nick Carter really thought that she was beautiful….HER out of all people. He thought nothing about Laura and that alone astonished her. She wasn’t used to such a feeling….being wanted and most important being wanted by the man she had been infatuated with since she was only a pre-teen. After she reached twenty she started to become more realistic and now being twenty-two she would even consider herself lucky if a man would even want to be with her….for more than just sex. After she felt her body was cleaned enough she shut off the shower and reached under the sink inside the cabinet to grab a towel. She saw her options were limited for there were only two towels left. She groaned, knowing Laura was supposed to do the laundry. They took turns, she did it last week and it was supposed to be her turn…but of course as usual she must have forgotten. How typical. Kimberly grabbed the purple towel and wrapped it around her body; the thing barely covered her. It just covered a few inches above her nipple and it was just up to her thighs, thank God no one was around to see her in this….she would be mortified.

Kimberly then walked out of the bathroom and felt the cold air hit her skin; causing goosebumps to form. Just as she was about to head upstairs into the warmth of her room there was a knock at the door. She froze. She then glanced around and saw that Laura had left her purse and cell-phone on the coffee table, she rolled her eyes….this was the second time this week she had forgotten something.

She approached the door, “I swear Laura,” she said, as she opened it. “You’d lose your head if it wasn’t….” she trailed off as she saw who was staring back at her….with wide blue eyes. She nearly dropped her towel from surprise, “Um…wow….um…N-Nick? What…what are you doing here?” Her words stumbled over one another.

His eyes were still large as he stared at her dripping wet body. He then forced himself to look at her face and his smile was wide, “Why to see you.”

She could feel a tingling sensation rush through her body from his words and how his voice turned a bit seductive. His eyes were full with lust and for whatever reason; he couldn’t seem to keep his eyes off her. She was sure he would be appalled by her appearance, she tightened the small towel around her curvy body, “I-I wasn’t expecting you until later on…”

“So do you want me to leave and then come back?” He teased, with a smirk upon his lips, he obviously knew the answer.

“No. No, don’t be silly,” she said, with a laugh. “Um…come in.”

He smiled at her and walked inside the apartment, Kimberly walked backwards so he couldn’t see the back of her, she wasn’t sure how much the towel was covering. She closed the door behind her and faced him, feeling her heart slamming against her ribcage. She was trying her hardest to hide every part of her body that she possibly could. Oh, how she wanted to kill Laura for not doing the laundry. What was he doing here and so soon? She still had at least four or five hours to kill before he was supposed to even arrive.

Nick’s eyes had not left her dripping wet body, they were slowly drifting lower until he couldn’t see anymore, the damn towel was in the way. God, he would love to just see her let it drop and allow his hands to wonder her body….he wondered what she looked like…really looked like. And from what he could see, that girl had curves! Her breasts were being squashed, she was wrapping it around her figure so tightly they were screaming to breathe and man, he would love to be the one to give them their oxygen. The towel stopped around her thighs, she had nice legs, defiantly looked like they had some muscle to them. He could imagine them wrapping around his waist nice and tight as he propelled into her. He could feel himself getting aroused. He then looked back into her eyes and smirked, “Well,” he said.

“Wh-what?” She couldn’t cover the embarrassment in her voice. It quivered a bit, which made his smirk turn into blown out grin.

“It looks like I’ve come right on time,” he answered, with a sly smile.

Kimberly could feel her face growing hot, “Um…y-yeah…I-I guess.”

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, “Are you okay?” He asked, with humor in his voice.

“Um, yeah I’m great,” she said, faking a wide smile. I guess…I’m just a little bit in shock that you’re here right now.”

He licked his lips and began to walk towards her, but with each step he took near her, she stepped backwards until her back hit the door. Now she was trapped, no way out. Nick was cornering her, but he stopped once he realized how truly uncomfortable she was, “What’s wrong?” All humor and smiles gone.

She swallowed hard and shook her head, “Noth-nothing. I’m just…I’m just not really dressed and um yeah…” she trailed off again, feeling her face burn from discomfiture and looked away.

He then smiled again and stepped closer towards her so that he was only inches away from her and he leaned his face close to hers, “Wow, you are shy. At first I thought you were just playing hard to get.”

She turned her head and jumped a bit causing him to laugh; she didn’t realize how close he really was. She then smiled, feeling her face burning again and she chewed on her lower lip, “Yeah, guess I am…sorry.”

“Sorry?” He raised an eyebrow, “Don’t be. I love it,” he told her as his hands gripped her hips and pulled her closer to him.

She could feel her heart beating a bit faster, “You-you do?”

He grinned, “Very much so. I think it’s hot.” He then bit his bottom lip and looked back at her, “But trust me, Baby Angel there isn’t anything for you to be shy about.”

She gripped her towel tightly, making sure it wouldn’t fall, it was starting to slide down and Nick hadn’t missed that at all. His hands were still on her hips she tried to make her breathing even, “No?”

He shook his head, “Nope. And I might add you look really hot wet…damn.”

Kimberly could feel her face turning red and she dropped her head, “Thanks,” she mumbled.

He smiled and lifted her chin with his finger so that their eyes were locked, “Stop thanking me…it’s only the truth.” He then groaned, “But man, am I glad I came over when I did.”

She then smiled, “I am too.”

That surprised him, he wrapped both of his arms around her waist, “Oh you are, are you?” His voice was suggesting something completely different than what Kimberly was. Maybe she’d let him slide his hands in, just to get a feel, God he would kill to have a feel, but he knew once he felt her, he’d wanna taste her. This was just completely unfair.

She grinned, “Yes. Like I’m not kidding your timing is impeccable, Laura just left for work like maybe ten minutes ago.”

He smirked, “What can I say…I’m good.”

Kimberly smiled, feeling the butterflies flying through her stomach as she thought about the words she was about to say. She was starting to feel comfortable around him, which was odd, because she barely knew him. It was safe to say he was actually attracted to her and apparently her body since he hadn’t stormed out the apartment yet. “Well, I could have told you that one.”

Nick cocked his eyebrow as an intrigued looked appeared on his face, “Oh really?”

She could feel herself becoming shy again so she just nodded and mumbled, “Uh-huh.”

He seemed to really enjoy her timidity, because each time she would turn beat red or turn away he would grin and become more seductive towards her. Almost like he wanted to see her reactions, “Well, how?” He wondered, with a tad of teasing in his voice, “You haven’t had me….yet.”

She could feel her heart beating out of control, she wondered if it was just going to burst out of her chest like in the movie Alien, when the creature busted its way out of the human body. “Well…I guess I wouldn’t then.”

He grinned and pressed his face close to hers and whispered, “Not yet anyway.”

“Wow….” She said, and gently moved away. He looked confused, “Is it just me, or is it really hot in here?”

He laughed at her, “It must be you. I think it’s cute how innocent you are. I think that’s one of the things that drew me to you.”

Kimberly laughed, “I hate to break it to ya, but I’m not all that innocent.”

“Oh no?”

“Nope….not even close.”

“Well, if that’s the case,” he said, as be began to walk towards her once again and cornering her against the door once more. “Why is it that you keep on trying to hide that beautiful body of yours?”

She felt like her stomach had just done a summersault into a pool and looked up at him in disbelief. He thought that she had a beautiful body? Seriously? “Um…I-I don’t know,” she murmured as she looked away, feeling her face blushing.

Nick grinned, flashing his white teeth, he then leaned closer and took hold of Kimberly’s chin and turned it so that she was now looking at him. Then without any warning he pressed his lips onto hers, she was surprised but relaxed and allowed her mouth to move with his. She felt his tongue slowly snake its way into her mouth, gliding against hers. She could feel her knees becoming weak, as his hand began to move down her neck and to where the towel stopped just above her breasts. His hands glided over her womanly curves and to her hips. She softly moaned over his lips, as she felt him nibbling on her lower lip. When he pulled away he had a large smirk across his face, “Well, damn.”

She smiled, “What?”

He just shook his head and pulled her close, she wrapped her free arm around him, “I don’t think you realize how much I want you right now,” he said in a raspy voice, as his thumb glided across her bottom lip.

“You must have a lot of self control.”

He laughed, “But I don’t, that’s the thing. I don’t think you realize how bad I want you,” he groaned as his lips pressed against her ear. “How I would make you feel…I bet you never had anything like it before.” He was whispering now as his lips made a trail down to her neck and to her bare shoulder, he then looked up at her and looking more sexual than ever. The way his hair fell into his eye as he glanced up and how his voice was starting to become more raspy as he made it low, “So what do you say, Baby Angel?” He asked, as he moved her against the door, wanting to just rip off that stupid towel and have his wicked way with her. His lips pressed against hers again and his hands slowly began to creep inside the towel until her hand placed against his chest, gently pushing him away. He knew he crossed the line, but God damn it! She was only in a towel, what did she expect?!?

“I really should go upstairs and change.”

He sighed and nodded, “Okay, I’ll wait down here,” he said, with a small smile.

Worry began to fill her up, “Are you…mad?”

He caught on rather quickly to her anxious voice and shook his head “No, I’m not mad. I’m sorry…you just look so….it’s probably best you put clothes on,” he said, with a short laugh.

She looked at him with serious green eyes as fear began to fill up inside of her. She knew he knew that she wasn’t like most girls and maybe that was a bad thing. Most girls would give it up to him in a heartbeat, but she just couldn’t. “I’m sorry….I guess I’m really stupid.”

He looked at her confused, “Stupid how?”

She shrugged, “Not throwing myself on you and letting you do whatever you want to me.”

“No, babe. I’m just frustrated, that’s all. I wouldn’t want you to ever have sex with me when you don’t want to.”

“Is it because of me?” Her voice was becoming soft, as depression began to kick in. She blew it, didn’t she?

“I can promise you, it’s not from you.” He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close and sweetly kissed her upon the lips, “So how about you go up those stairs and change up before I lose all self control of you only being in that, okay?” He said, with a smile, which caused her to smile.

She nodded, “Okay.” She then escaped his hold and began to walk towards the stairs, “Oh,” she said, as she turned around, once she was on the first step. “So feel free to watch some TV, raid the frig, whatever the hell you want. I’ll try to hurry.”

He half smiled, “It’s cool take your time. I know how girls like to doll themselves up. I’ll probably just watch a little TV.”

Kimberly smiled, “Okay, well I’ll be back then.”

He returned the smiled, “I’ll be waiting.”

That said, she turned around and walked up the stairs, Nick couldn’t help, but glance at her and suddenly he could feel his pants tighten around his crotch. He got a perfect view of her ass; he made a silent groan and sat down on the couch. A smirk appeared across his face, she was great. Defiantly much different than most of the girls he’s encountered, and so far it seemed she was the best. Although she was killing him back there, how she was wearing that skimpy towel, all he wanted to do was rip it off. Yet knowing she didn’t want to have sex with him on the spot like that, as much as it tortured him it made him respect her a bit. Most girls would be on their knees in a heartache sucking on his dick, but not this one. For once he met and liked a girl that wasn’t a whore.


Kimberly walked into her bedroom and pushed the door with her hand trying to close it, it didn’t clasp and it was open a crack. She just shrugged and dropped her towel and looked herself in the full body mirror that was hanging on her closet door. She was almost astounded that Nick liked her body. A smile crept upon her lips, he made her feel good….he made her feel well beautiful. She hadn’t felt like that in so long. She felt a tingly sensation rush through her, he was so different than she ever could have thought. She was really concerned that she turned him off when she didn’t want to have sex with him. She promised herself she wouldn’t just give it up, it had to mean something. She just gave it up to the last man she was with and well…it didn’t turn out all that great. She didn’t want to be used! The feeling was horrendous.

She began to go through her drawers and pulled out some black bikini underwear and slipped them on. She then hunted for a nice bra and saw a black Victoria Secret push up bra. She grinned silently thanking her sister for the sexy under garments she had gotten her for her birthday last year. Kimberly was defiantly starting to feel more confident and she knew it was Nick’s fault, she turned him on, not repulsing him and that just made her feel attractive. She wasn’t used to feeling wanted, but she loved it and didn’t want it to go away. She took out a couple pairs of clothes and laid them out on her queen sized bed, she wanted to see which ones looked the best. As she was debating what to wear her cell-phone rang, she walked over to her dresser and picked it up, “Hello?”

“Hey, bitch, I miss you!”

She chuckled knowing it was her best friend Ashley Nicole, “I miss you too. How are you? How’s Cali?”

“Completely amazing! Although it would shine more if you were here.”

“Can’t disagree with that,” she answered, as she looked back at her clothes still debating.

“So how’s life with Laura?” A small groan escaped her throat and Ashley laughed, “That great, huh?”

“I overheard her and her little posse making fun of me last night at the mall.”

“Ugh!” She growled, “Want me to beat her ass!”

Kimberly snickered, “You don’t even realize how much I’d love that! But something good came out of the mall. The Backstreet Boys were doing a signing so I got to meet them.”

A squeal escaped her friend, “Oh My God! That is awesome! Were they nice? Super jealous of you right now!”

She laughed, “Yeah, they were all really nice. Although Laura was trying to make me look bad in front of them.”

“Ugh, really? Kim, you need to get the hell out of there, I mean Laura is such a bitch. I told you moving in with her was a bad idea! But do you ever listen to me? No, of course not. Why listen to the voice of reason.”

Ashley warned her a million times not to move in with Laura. Ashley knew Laura more than she wanted to know and she franticly tried to advise her friend about her cruel behavior. “Yeah, I know. Once the lease is up I’ll be looking for a new place.”

“Or just move in with me,” said Ashley with high hope.

She laughed, “Maybe. But Cali is really expensive; I don’t think I’d be able to afford it.”


Ashley had been Kimberly’s best friend since they met at a Backstreet Boy concert back in 1999 for the Millennium Tour. Who would have thought she would have met her best friend at a concert? Laura was also there and she thought she was pretty cool…but she soon discovered she was nothing like she thought. Ashley was an amazing woman; Kimberly looked up to her more than any of her friends. She went to her for advice, relationships, clothes. Ashley was her rock and when she moved away, it was like she took a piece of her with her. She had long dark brown hair and large chocolate eyes. She wasn’t that tall maybe around 5’4 or so, not that Kimberly was much taller. She was about 5’5-5’6. Ashley had gorgeous curves and embraced them. Kimberly was a bit envious of her, first off she was a model and yes, Laura was too, but Ashley was different. She wasn’t cruel or cold hearted and she was warm and that was probably a big reason why she was so successful as a plus sized model. Also, men loved her and adored her. No doubt about it that she was gorgeous, and to top it off she had a bouncy and fiery personality…completely opposite from Laura. It was no wonder why she was still struggling to get photo gigs. Sure she had a few, but not like the ones Ashley had, maybe that was one of the main reasons why they didn’t get along that much anymore.


Nick was flicking through the channels and he couldn’t find a damn thing on. He shut it off and ran his hands through his hair and leaned forward, dripping his head and rested his elbows on his legs as his hands still gripped his hair. He kept on thinking about earlier about then damn fight he and the other guys had. He felt guilty, guilty for ditching them when he knew he should have stayed, but he was so pissed off! He pulled his hands out of his hair and sat up straight, what got him angry was when AJ started calling Kimberly names. He didn’t know her, so fuck him! Nick could feel himself liking this girl…a lot more than he thought he would. He didn’t regret anything he said to his band mates. Okay, he got it, they were mad because he left to see her when there was that stupid meeting. But it wasn’t even that important! So he didn’t see what the big deal was. He could feel himself becoming agitated just thinking about it, he was so steamed earlier all he wanted to do was beat AJ’s face in. But as soon as he saw Kimberly it was like all that anger he had inside of him disappeared. She made him feel better…she made him feel normal. Why couldn’t the other guys see that? Why couldn’t they see how much he liked this girl? So what, they just met. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be asking her to marry him or anything, he just wanted to be treated like a human being, not like an idiot, not like a child. He could feel a smile form around his lips, sure she was a fan, but she was different. First off she wouldn’t even have sex with him, that must mean at least something! She was so much different than the others, he wished the guys could see that, but if they couldn’t then maybe they really weren’t worth being his brothers.

Nick decided to see what she was up to. She had been upstairs at least half an hour, that would give her enough time to get ready, right? He stood up from the couch and headed up the staircase and searched for her bedroom. He found a door that was open a crack and he peeked inside and that was when he found her….only in her bra and underwear! He swallowed hard, she was wearing black…black usually meant something sexual was going to happen or at least she wanted it to happen. Her breasts, oh man…they were so lifted and so round. He gave out a silent moan. Then her ass, he was more of a boob man, but he would love to grope her. Then there was her stomach, sure it wasn’t flat like a model, she didn’t have abs, but personally he was getting sick and tired of the model look. It was fake. At least this girl had curves!


Kimberly decided to put Ashley on speaker so it was easier for her to get ready, “So how’ve you been?” She asked.

“Eh, alright. You know, working and all that crap. How’s your shit hole of a job.”

Kimberly groaned, “I rather put a bullet in my head than work another day there. But I have today off,” she said, with a wide smile. “So I’m going to enjoy it while I can.”

“Good! So what are you doing?” Wondered Ashley as she heard Kimberly moving the phone around a lot.

“Just getting dressed, I just got out of the shower.”

“Oh yeah? Going anywhere?”

She couldn’t hide the smile as she thought about Nick being downstairs, “Well…I kind of do have a guy downstairs.”

“Ooooohh!!” She squealed, causing Kimberly to laugh, “Where did you meet him?”

“The mall,” she simply said.

“So what’s the lucky boy’s name?” She urged.

“His name?” She was a bit hesitate, “Uh well…his name’s Nick.”

Nick’s blue eyes began to fill with horror. No, she shouldn’t….she promised that she would keep them on the down low. AJ wasn’t right…no, he couldn’t be. This one was supposed to be different.

“Nick, huh?” Teased Ashley, “So does this Nick have a last name? Or so you not know that yet?”

“Last name? Of course I know his last name!” She racked her brain for names, “It’s…Black!” She finally said, “Yep, his name is Nick Black. A total lady killer, I tell you!”

Relief swept over him, he knew he could trust this one. He didn’t know why or how, but he just knew. AJ and the others had no idea what they were talking about, she was trustworthy.

Ashley laughed, “Well, damn I thought you were going to say Nick Carter.”

Oh man, only if she knew the half of it. Kimberly then let out a laugh, “What? Nick Carter? Are you crazy, girl?” As much as she loved Ashley and knew she could trust her, she knew that she couldn’t break that trust that she had with Nick.

She laughed, “I must be. But come on, how hot would that be? You having Nick over…of course he’d probably be chained to your bed…using him as your personal sex slave.”

Kimberly let out a loud laugh, “Damn, Ash.” She then grinned, “That would be pretty hot though. I wonder if he likes it when the girl is in control?”

“Hmm, probably. Men love it when girls can dominate them.”

“I wonder what he’s like in bed,” curiosity filled her voice. “I hear he’s pretty big,” she said, as she began to put on some clothes. She finally decided to wear a light jean skirt that went right above her knee with a red V-neck blouse that showed off some cleavage thanks to her push up bra.

Nick was in complete stun as he listened to the way Kimberly spoke about him. So this is what girls talked about? He silently chuckled to himself and a smile grew wide across his face. If she wanted to know so big he was, he surely would let her find out…he’d more than welcome it. It fascinated him the way females spoke about him and yet the one girl he wanted denied him and here she was talking on the phone about how badly she wanted him. He wondered how she’d react when he walked through the door, her facial expression would be priceless and then she’d go turning red again and become all bashful – which made him want her even more.

“Mmm, I know,” groaned Ashley. “Especially with that tongue of his. It’s so long and thick….God it would feel AMAZING!”

Kimberly could just imagine it, after all she had kissed him and he did like to use a lot of tongue. She could feel her body trembling just thinking about it, she would be in pure ecstasy, “Ugh, God I know! I wonder if he’d be able to get me off,” she giggled. “Not many people can with their tongue.”

Nick made sure to make a mental note of that. Oh, he would get her off alright and she would defiantly have more than one orgasm. He licked his lips, shit he’d love to do it right now, ravish her body, rape her womanhood with his tongue and make her scream….oh man would he ever make her scream!

“Well, girl,” said Ashley. “I’m gonna let you go so you can get ready for that Nick guy. I gotta do a little shopping….so have fun.”

“Oh, don’t worry, I will.” She made sure of it, she wondered if she’d be able to control herself, since after having that steamy conversation. He was only downstairs, she could so easily have sex with him and she knew it. But she promised herself she would have will power, she wouldn’t give in to him just yet. She had to make sure he wanted something more than just a good fuck.

“And don’t call this guy Nick Carter,” she giggled.

That caught Nick’s attention and he softly laughed. Kimberly laughed out loud, “God Ash, I was only seventeen alright?!? He couldn’t do anything right, so I figured if I thought about another guy than I could at least get off…and well it worked.”

She snickered, “Yeah and you said the wrong name.”

“Oh, shut up!” She laughed, obviously feeling embarrassed from the memory. “Trust me, I swear I won’t say the wrong name.”

She laughed, “I hope not. Okay, love ya loserface. Talk to you soon.”

“Love you too. Bye.” Kimberly then hung up the phone and placed it back down on the night stand and softly laughed to herself. Oh how she missed Ashley and she hated how far away she was living now. She then grabbed her black brush on the dresser and began to yank it through her damp hair.

Nick then slowly pushed the door open and leaned against the door frame, with his arms crossed, “Hey, Baby Angel.”

She got startled, but smiled and turned around so that they were face to face. She almost couldn’t believe how stunning he looked. His blonde hair was a bit ruffled and his blue eyes were almost screaming of sex. He looked far too seductive and after that conversation that she just had with Ashley, this could become dangerous, “I know, I’m taking forever. I’m sorry.”

He smiled, “It's fine. I told you, you can take your time. But I might add that you look great.”

She slightly blushed, “Thank you. I’m…kind of trying to make myself look good for you,” she timidly said, as she bit on her lower lip.

She had no idea how mad that drove him, “Oh, trust me you don’t need to try, baby.”

She flushed again, “Um, thanks.”

He then grinned as she was starting to walk towards her bed again. She sat down and pulled out her makeup case. He was silent for a few seconds, just thinking of a way to put the words he was thinking, “So I hear you’re a bit curious about how big this Nick Carter fellow is.”

Her jaw dropped as she looked up at him and she could feel her body starting to quiver. He heard her?!? She could feel her face turning a beat red, “Um…I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

His grin formed into a full blown smile, “Come on, Baby Angel don’t play like that.” He walked over towards the bed and sat down next to her, “And here I am thinking you were this shy, quiet, innocent girl. Damn, was I wrong!”

She turned her head away from him and dropped her eyes to the floor. She couldn’t believe that he heard her…he couldn’t believe that he was eve’s dropping. A million thoughts were rushing through her mind. Did he think that she was some slut now? She always talked to Ashley about him in that way…she wasn’t expecting him to hear it at all! And now that he had…she just didn’t know how to react, she was officially mortified.

He took his hand and put it under her chin so that their eyes met, “What’s wrong?” He looked at her with care, worried that he offended her by listening to her conversation, sure it was wrong, but he couldn’t help himself.

“You weren’t…you weren’t supposed to hear that,” she softly spoke. “I was just talking to my best friend Ashley…and we used to be really blunt about that kind of stuff…I guess…I guess I just wasn’t thinking and um…yeah.” Her eyes then drifted away, she could feel the embarrassment taking over her. She almost wanted to run away.

“Baby Angel, you have nothing to be ashamed of. It was probably stupid of me to listen…I didn’t mean to. When I heard my name I kind of couldn’t help myself,” he said, with an apologetic smile.

“I guess…I just don’t want you to think of me as one of those groupie girls, you know?”

He laughed, “I promise you, I don’t think of you like that. I think you’ve had plenty of opportunities to get with me…if you really wanted to,” he said, with a smirk.

She then smiled and relief soon swept over her, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” She then continued to finish applying her makeup. When she looked herself in the mirror she liked who she saw that was looking back at her. She felt attractive.

It was as if Nick could read her thoughts and he said, “You look beautiful.”

She smiled, “Thank you.” She put her makeup case back under her bed and walked into her closet to grab some shoes. She decided to go with the white sandals. They had about a three inch heel, so she wouldn’t feel totally short this time. She sat back down on the bed and began to loop the straps around her ankles. Nick watched as she bent down to fix her shoes and he saw a large amount of her cleavage, he was dying to just touch and kiss her lovely breasts. He couldn’t control it anymore and his lips kissed her neck, she giggled, “What are you doing, Mister?”

He grinned, “Trying to kiss you.”

“How’s that working out for you?” She teased.

“Not as good as I hoped.”

She softly laughed and pressed her lips onto his, “Better?” She asked, once she pulled away from the sweet kiss.

“Not quiet.” His hands slid into her damp hair and his lips met hers again, but instead of it just being a sweet kiss he slid his tongue into her mouth, caressing it with hers. She softly moaned over his lips and he laid her down onto the bed, his hand was on her waist and slid into her shirt, touching her bare skin, “Mmm, this is better,” he murmured into her ear and his hand slowly slid up her upper half right under her breasts. “Can I kiss them please?” He pleaded, “They’re driving me crazy.”

She felt a swarm of butterflies going through her and all she could do was nod. He grinned and left a trail of kisses from her neck, down to her collar bone and finally to her chest. He pulled down her shirt just a little so he could see her full C cup breasts. His fingers traced around the perfect bump and his lips then attached themselves onto it. His tongue made a trail until her bra was in the way, he looked up at her to make sure it was alright and she seemed comfortable enough so he slid his fingers into the black bra and pulled that baby out. Seeing her pink little nipple was already hard, his mouth engulfed it and his tongue flicked at it. With his teeth he began to gently nibble, he heard her moan and saw her legs were spread, not much but enough to where he took it as an invite. His hand crept down to her skirt and he slowly slid his hand inside, feeling over her underwear with his two fingers. This was killing him, he wanted her, wanted her more than she could have imagined. He slid inside the underwear and entered her warm, wet core. She let out a louder moan, which ended up turning him on. He thrust his fingers inside of her, she was extremely tight! Oh man, he could only imagine what it would feel like if his cock was inside of her.

His mouth met hers and he kissed her deeply, his tongue going down her throat. She softly cried as he moved harder and faster. He the groaned, “Baby, you are killing me!”

She laughed, “Me?!?”

He smiled, “Yes, you. I want to do so much more to you…but ugh, I know you don’t want that.” He then studied her face, “Or do you?”

She chewed on her lower lip, “I-I can’t.”

He nodded and smiled, “It’s okay.” He kissed her once more before pulling his fingers out of her, “Hopefully I’ll get the chance sometime in the future,” he added with a smirk.

Kimberly propped herself up with her elbows, “Maybe,” she said, with an alluring tone.

He smirked, “You are a tease.”

She laughed, “How?”

“What do you mean how?!? Just look at you.” His arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into him, “You’re gorgeous and seductive…you’re killing me…I just thought you’d like to know that,” he said, with a smirk.

“Killing you?” She questioned, with a raised eyebrow, “I highly doubt that.”

“Why don’t you take a look for yourself?”

She didn’t comprehend what he meant, so he took her hand and placed it on his lap; that was when she felt the stiffness through his pants. Her green eyes bulged open as she felt the width of his hardness. Her fingers glided the length and he let out a soft groan. He was huge! And it was with the pants on….she couldn’t even imagine what he would feel like inside of her, “Oh, wow.”

His smile enlarged knowing she liked that what she felt and man did it feel good to him. He bet her hands would feel so soft on his throbbing member, oh how he wanted her, “Impressed?”

She flushed and pulled her hand away, “You could say that.”

He smirked, “Good.” His cell-phone than rang, he pulled it out and groaned seeing it was Kevin and he hit ignore.

“Who’s that?” She wondered, curious from his annoyed facial expression.

He shrugged, “No one important.” The phone than rang again and a growl escaped his throat, “I-I gotta take this.”

She nodded, “That’s fine.”

He got up and walked out the door, closing it behind him. She was surprised as she could hear him and he was loud! Much louder than she ever thought he could be, he sounded angry, beyond angry! “Well maybe if you didn’t jump down my throat we wouldn’t be in this mess right now would we…oh no, don’t you go pinning this on her! She has nothing to do with it! I left for a reason THIS is the reason why I left…maybe I’ll be back…NO I’m not going to the FUCKING photo shoot. And next time you see AJ tell him he better watch his fucking back!” That said, he shut the phone off and put it into his pocket and back into the room, he was fuming, but he did his very best to contain his facial expressions. He cleared his throat and looked at her, “Sorry about that,” he said, with a smile.

“Is….is everything alright?” Her voice quivered, she couldn’t believe how angry he sounded; it frightened her.

He sat down next to her, “Yeah, everything is fine,” he said, with a bright smile. “Just had to exchange a few words with someone.”

She couldn’t help, but feel maybe the phone call was about her? Nick mentioned a female, what if he and the other person were fighting about her? What did she ever do? She tried not to let it bother her, but she kept on thinking about it and then how he said he wasn’t going to the photo shoot. She cleared her throat, “Didn’t you…didn’t you have a photo shoot to go to today?”

His face got stern, but he quickly composed it and smiled, “Nah, damn thing got cancelled last minute.

Kimberly looked at him blankly, was he lying? He would have no reason to lie though, right? She didn’t want to ask him if he skipped, but it was eating her alive, “Okay, good…I was worried you ditched or something,” she added a small smile, so he wouldn’t think she was accusing him or something.

How did she catch on so fast? Maybe she heard him? How loud was he? “What?” He looked at her and laughed, “No, that’s crazy. I wouldn’t skip out on a photo shoot. What made you ask?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, “I kind of heard you,” she mumbled.

Fuck! He was screwed. He raised an eyebrow, “And what do you think you heard?”

She could feel her heart racing, was he angry? Why was he questioning her? She shrugged, “I probably got it wrong, I’m sorry. I know you ditched the meeting last night and I don’t want you to keep on playing hooky for me,” she said, with a kind smile.

Nick smiled and wrapped his arm around her and kissed her on the temple, “Don’t sorry, baby I didn’t skip.” He hated that he had to lie, but he just didn’t want her to worry, “I know my responsibilities.”

She felt much better and smiled, “Okay. I’m sorry, I’m just being dumb. You just sounded kind of mad on the phone…and I guess I was concerned. Ugh, I’m too nosy sometimes.”

He half smiled at her, “Nah, its okay. I did the same thing for you too…so I guess now we’re even.” He then sighed, “But yeah…the other person on the phone…we don’t exactly see eye to eye right now.”

“Anything I do to help?” She wondered.

He shook his head, “Nah, but don’t worry about it…we get into fights all the time. It’ll all blow over.”

She had an idea that it was about another member of the band. Maybe AJ? No, not him because she heard him say that he should watch his back. Who else could he have been talking to? Well, she didn’t want to keep on prying, so the only thing she could do was let it go. She just hoped whatever the problem was they resolved it. But what did he mean about AJ needed to watch his back? Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a car pull up, she jumped up, startling Nick and ran to the window, seeing Laura pull in.

“Shit! Shit, shit, shit, shit!!!” She kept on saying, “Oh, this is not good…not good at all!”

“What’s wrong?” Nick demanded standing up and looking out the window and could see why she was panicking, “Oh man,” he groaned.

Kimberly looked around the room, “Get in the closet now!” She ordered.

He grinned, “Hmmm, I kind of like this side of you….being pretty aggressive.”

She laughed and grabbed him and started pushing him towards the closet, “Don’t say a word. I’ll try to get her out of here as fast as I can.”

Kimberly shut the door as soon as he was in the closet and ran back over to her bed and pulled out the makeup case, pretending to get ready. She had to act casual, she had to pretend Nick Carter was not stashed away into her closet; she jumped when she heard, “KIM!”

She took a deep breath, “UP HERE!” She called back.

Laura ran up the stairs and looked confused, “There is a really nice car in our driveway. Who’s is it?”

“Oh, my friend Dave dropped it off for me. We’re…gonna be going out later and I had no car, so he let me use his.” Her story did not sound convincing, but she prayed Laura believed her.

“Who’s Dave?” She questioned, in a dubious tone.

“Some guy at work. He’s been bugging me to go out with him for a while and so – ”

“WAIT!” She nearly screamed, “Some guy has been asking you out and you’ve turned him down?!? What’s the matter with you?!? You need a boyfriend, Kim you HAVE to date him…it’s so depressing! So say yes….fuck him and have fun for once, God. I mean saying no to a guy….ugh.”

Kimberly could feel herself getting annoyed, “We’ll see,” she hissed through her teeth. “You know I just don’t go fucking random guys.”

“He’s not random, you work with him. And if you get an offer to fuck someone, do it….shit, it’s no wonder why you’re still single, because you don’t give it up. Guys don’t wanna be dating a fucking nun, Kim. You really gotta loosen up, or you’re gonna be single forever. Look, I know it’s more hard for you because you’re not that pretty, but don’t worry, not everyone cares about looks. And it seems this guy Dave isn’t.” Her watch then beeped, “Shit, I gotta go back to work, I just forgot my purse and cell-phone….again,” she added with a laugh. “See you later…and remember Kim, fuck him!”

She could feel her eyes stinging, “Yeah….bye, Laura.”

She smiled, “See ya!” She then danced out of the room.

Her eyes were to the floor, she wasn’t going to cry, she wasn’t going to cry. She was pretty, Nick even said she was. She took a deep breath fighting off the tears, she sometimes hated Laura….really hated her. She felt the bed sink in and saw Nick sitting next to her. She turned her head away from him and sniffled, “Sorry,” she whispered. “I got rid of her though.”

His hand rubbed up and down her back and he pulled her into him, “I really don’t like that girl.”

She wiped her watering eyes, “That makes two of us.”

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close, she rested her head on his shoulder and he pressed his lips into her hair and whispered, “I think you’re beautiful.”

She looked up at him and smiled, “Thank you.”

A tear managed to escape and he wiped it away with his index finger, “Don’t listen to her. Now I can see why you don’t like to give it up so easily.” He sweetly pressed his lips onto hers, “You don’t have to worry about me running off because you don’t wanna do anything….I wouldn’t rather be anywhere but near you anyway.”

Kimberly could feel her heart fluttering, “Rea-really?”

He smiled, “Really.” His forehead pressed against hers, “I like you…a lot. And if you want to take us slow, I’m down with that.”

“Us?” She looked at him memorized, “Are you saying…are you saying you wanna…date me?”

He smirked, “Well, yeah…that is if you wanna.”

She bit on her bottom lip and nodded, “I think I just might.”

He grinned, “Good.” Nick took hold of her chin and pressed his lips back on hers; she wrapped her arms around his neck and slowly slid her fingers through his hair. Her tongue danced with his, when she pulled away his smile had grown, “Yep, tease.”

She tried to suppress the smile, but couldn’t, “Sorry.”

“Why? I’m not. So Baby Angel, since you’re looking all beautiful, how about I take you out? Are you hungry?”

She nodded, “A little.”

“Great.” He then stood up and took hold of her hand, “I know a nice little place, I’m starving.”

She stood up, “What if people see us?”

He shook his head, “Nah, they won’t.” He then took hold of both her hands, “Listen, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“Okay…”

“I have to leave in a month, the guys and I…well we’re going to Canada for a few weeks. I know from past experiences, it’s really difficult to deal with someone that has to be away for long periods of time….”

She swallowed hard and didn’t really think about that part, but she liked this guy and she would be willing to do everything to make it work with him. “Well….” She began, “We can keep in touch, right?”

His face began to glow, “You betcha!”

She laughed, “Okay, then. I think it’ll be okay. I…like you too. I would like us to work,” she said, with a wide smile.

He cupped her face and kissed her, “You’re awesome.” He then laced his fingers with hers, “Come on, let’s go…I’m starving.”

She smiled and let him lead the way, she couldn’t believe it…she was now dating Nick Carter. Butterflies were flying madly inside of her, she couldn't seem to stop from smiling, she couldn't seem to stop from looking up at him. If this was a dream, she never wanted to wake up.
Hooky by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 6 ~



AJ, Kevin, Brian and Howie all went down the studio to get their picture taken. Kevin was fuming, he couldn’t believe Nick; he tried to call him and talk to him like a civilized person, but it seemed Nick wanted to be everything, but that! Was a girl really worth all this? Worth losing his career over? Or maybe it was just some sort of cry for help? He wasn’t blind and had noticed the sudden attitude change in his behavior, he was depressed, but he kept on pushing everyone away. How was he supposed to help him, if he wouldn’t let anyone near him?

He took a deep breath and approached Brad Windmaker; their photographer, “Hey, Brad.”

“Good, you’re all here,” he said, without even glancing up at him. “Now go over to the green screen that I have set up for you guys. I decided to do a water theme, so makeup isn’t required,” he explained, as he was fixing some sort of light with a long black stand.

Kevin rubbed his hand on the back of his neck, rubbing it through his dark hair, “Uh…well, there’s a small problem.”

“What?” He glanced at Kevin with his stressful hazel eyes, “Come on, I haven’t got all day, I have Britney in less than two hours!”

He let out a loud sigh, “Nick isn’t here.”

“What?!?” He shouted, “We have a deadline, he knows this!”

Kevin could see the frustration in his face, as lines appeared across his forehead. He was only thirty-five and he was starting to look nearly forty-five with all the wrinkles that were appearing upon his once youthful face. He shouldn’t have to deal with this, Brad was a hard worker, “I know it’s just that – ”

“Nick’s been real sick,” Brian quickly added, coming up from behind his cousin.

He looked at him angrily. Kevin understood that Nick was his friend and all, but he had no right to walk out on them like that! He should be punished.

“Yeah,” Howie also said. “He must have the bug or something, because the poor guy was throwing up everywhere!”

Brad groaned, “Did he go out partying last night?” He demanding, knowing that Nick had a history of partying hard.

“No, he didn’t go out,” lied Brian. “He’s been feeling under the weather for a few days now.”

Kevin could not believe this! Brian and Howie were both lying to cover Nick’s ass! What he did was wrong and he should have to pay the price for being so irresponsible, although AJ just kept his mouth shut; his face was hard and turned his head away. He also couldn’t believe what the two were doing for their band mate. He ditched them, he should get thrown into the fire, not be allowed to prance through daisies.

Brad ran his hands through his short red curly hair that was starting to have small patches of grey, “Well since Nick isn’t here, you guys obviously can’t do the shoot.” He grabbed his black planner and began to skim through the pages and sighed, “Okay, how about this…” he looked up at Kevin, “We can meet up in three weeks, no later!”

Kevin really hated that he had to put him out like this. He could not believe in Nick’s lack of responsibility for a freaking girl! What had come over him? That boy needed sense beat into him and he would love to be the one to do the beating. He nodded, “Yeah, that’ll be great. Thanks so much, man,” he said, as he shook his hand. “I really owe you one.”

“It’ fine. You’re a good friend, Kev,” he said, with a warming smile. “Well, tell Nick I hope he feels better.”

“Uh…yeah, I’ll do that.”

“But since you guys can’t shoot today, I might as well get ready for Britney. See you in three weeks.”

“Bye, Brad and thanks again.” He walked over towards the others, giving both Brian and Howie hard looks, “Let’s go.”

“Fucking unbelievable!” Growled AJ, as he stormed out of the studio.

Kevin just shook his head, he and Nick defiantly needed a long talk. He had forgotten what the word responsibility stood for.



Nick and Kimberly went to a little diner that he knew of. It was an odd feeling for her, everyone’s eyes were on her, but they weren’t staring at her in a bad way and it made her feel…well somewhat attractive. Nick went into the diner a lot so no one even took notice in him, which was surprising. They had a nice quiet meal and Nick wanted to know more about her, he loved how normal she was around him, she wasn’t putting up a front and being something she wasn’t. Not like how most girls were. He truly enjoyed being with her. He told her more about him, he told her everything except about the guys' problems, she asked about the phone call once more, but he told her it was just one of his friends and nothing more after that. She just left it alone, wishing she knew who it was and curious if it was she they were referring to. Nick asked her about her job, he heard her mention she rather put a bullet through her head.

She groaned, “My job…I’d quit if I could,” she admitted.

“Don’t like it that much?” He asked, curious. He took a bite of his cheeseburger that he had ordered.

“It’s not just the job itself,” she continued, as she took a sip of her soda. “It’s the people...more so my boss. He’s such a dick! He’s always mean to me and I swear he is just trying to make my life miserable so I quit.”

“Why don’t you?”

“Jobs aren’t easy to come by.”

“You seem like a smart girl,” he said, with a smile.

She blushed, “Thanks, but I’m not that smart….I uh…well I never finished high school,” she shamefully admitted.

He was silent for a few seconds, “Why not?”

She sighed, “Long story short, someone hacked into my email and took very personal photos of me and posted them all over my school. And ugh, guys would say things to me…things like get on your knees baby. It was horrible.”

Nick looked at her appalled, “Did the principle do anything?”

She shook her head, “Nope. She said it was a one day thing and get over it.” She then sighed, “It was just so horrible that I had to leave….not one of my smartest choices and if I could, I would go back in a heartbeat.”

He reached out and took hold of Kimberly's hand and rubbed his thumb on top of the surface, “If you could be anything, job wise, what would it be?”

A small curve formed around her lips, “A writer. I love to write, I wanna get my GED so I can go to college for it.”

Nick looked at her with soft eyes, “That sounds like an amazing goal. I bet you, you could do it.”

She smiled, “Yeah? You really think so?”

“Defiantly. Like I said, you’re smart.”

She smiled, feeling her face flush from his kind comments. She was really liking this guy more and more and it had only been the second day. No one had ever been so sweet to her and never thought she was actually that intelligent. That alone made her feel…well good.

Soon they finished eating, Nick paid the bill and took hold of her hand and left the lovely little diner. Kimberly actually liked it there, it was nice and quaint. Not something she could see Nick being into. She was seeing a whole new side to him…a side not many people got to see.

After they left, the couple hung out for most of the day. They went to a mall, but he had to wear a hat and sunglasses so no one really recognized him. The mall was an outdoor mall, they barely bought anything. Kimberly bought new sunglasses, although Nick offered to pay she denied him and even though she did, she could see the pleased look on his face. She had her own money and just because he had a lot didn’t mean she couldn’t fend for herself. She loved being able to walk hand in hand with him, she felt so happy, so at ease. She really enjoyed talking to him. She was falling for this guy more and more. She wondered if he felt the same.

As the sky began to turn dark, he asked her if she wanted to go to a movie; not wanting to end the time he had with her quite yet. She hadn’t been to one in a while, so that answered his question.


Nick had pulled up into the parking lot of the movie theater and shut off his car and he reached into the back to grab the same blue baseball cap and big black sunglasses that he wore previously. As Kimberly watched him, she began to feel…well a little uncomfortable. He was trying to hide his face…again. Was this how it was going to be all the time when she went out with him in the public eye? But she sort of understood, he didn’t want his picture in yet another magazine and if she was in the picture with him, Laura would downright kill her. She forgot that he just couldn’t be a normal guy and walk down the streets without being mobbed by fans. That made her feel a little sad….she felt bad for him now that she thought about it.

He caught her gaze and smiled, “Don’t worry; I do this all the time. I’ll take them off when we get into the theater, I promise. I just want us to be able to get in without any hassle of me having to sign autographs.”

She hadn’t really thought about that. He didn’t get mobbed earlier when they went to the mall, all because he had on his little disguise. So he was really doing this for her? A smile appeared across her face, “Okay.”

“Are you…okay with this?”

She looked at him unsure what he had meant, “With what?”

“Me.”

She was surprised by the question, “Of course I am…why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know…just the way you’re looking at me. I know it’s probably a little weird for you, but unfortunately this is how it’s gonna be lots of the time. Think…think you can deal with me?” He asked, with a small laugh, but fear of rejection was in his voice.

She looked at him; stunned by how anxious his voice actually sounded, but she smiled, “Nick, of course I can.” She then laughed, “You’re really cute.” He half smiled, “But I like you…a lot and well if it means I need to get used to you wearing hats and stuff, so be it,” she said, as she straightened his hat, so the tongue was more in the front.

His lips stretched out into a large smile, “Good.” Then without any warning, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer and pressed his lips onto hers, “Have I told you, how awesome you are?” He murmured over her lips

“Not today,” she teased.

His tongue snaked into her mouth and flicked over her tongue, “Well, you are amazingly awesome.” He then gave her a quick peck, “Come on, let’s go.”

She smiled, “Okay.”

They both got out of the car and he reached for her hand and laced his fingers with hers. She could feel her heart beating a mile a minute, still not fully comprehending everything that was happening. She was still waiting to wake up and be alone in her bedroom, thinking her being with Nick was nothing, but an amazing dream. They walked inside and started to look over the movie chart; deciding what they should see.

“Baby Angel, see anything good?” He asked, looking at her.

She shrugged, “Hmm, I don’t know…they all look pretty good. Umm…ugh, I don’t know. You pick.”

He chuckled, “Okay…how about Dawn Of The Dead?”

“What’s that about?” She questioned.

“Zombies,” he replied as a curve formed around his lips.

She chewed on her bottom lip, that was a horror movie wasn’t it? She didn’t want to get freaked out and him make fun of her. Although, it would be a good reason to get extra close to him, she looked at him, “If I turn into a wimp, promise not to make fun of me?”

He laughed, “I promise.”

She then smiled, “But a scary movie will give me a good reason to snuggle with you,” she said, with a grin.

“Well, baby,” he said, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. “I was gonna do that anyway.”

She felt her stomach do a flip, “I was hoping that.”

They were then the next ones in line. Nick released her and stepped up, “Hey, can I get two for Dawn Of The Dead?”

“That’ll be ten fifty,” answered the chubby teenage girl with the nasal voice. “I’ll need your license and for you to remove your hat and sunglasses too, please.”

“My license? Uh…shit,” he mumbled.

Kimberly could see perfectly how nervous he was, first of all the girl was an obvious Backstreet fan. She was wearing a necklace that said BSB and she had a little pin of Nick on her blue blazer. “That is so like you,” said Kimberly shaking her head at him. He looked at her confused, “This is the second time you forgot your wallet at the house.” He then smiled and she pulled out her license to show the girl, “Here you go.”

“Thank you.” She took the license and looked at it to make sure the picture matched. After she was satisfied she pulled out the two tickets, “Here you go.”

She smiled kindly, “Thank you. So I see you like the Backstreet Boys.”

That time Nick couldn’t hide his chuckle and the girl eyed him sharply, causing him to shut up. Kimberly tried to suppress her smile, “You’re not going to make fun of me too, are you?”

“No. Defiantly not. I like their music.”

She then smiled, feeling somewhat comfortable now, “Yeah, me too. I met them once, I was in Heaven. They were all so nice to me, even Nick. He gave me a peck on the lips and I’m sure it meant nothing, but it meant everything to me. As you see, I’m not the prettiest thing, so having a guy like Nick Carter kiss me….it was like wow.”

“Aw, don’t say that. You’re pretty.”

She rolled her brown eyes, “Thanks.”

“I think you’re cute,” said Nick.

Her head shot up, “Um…yeah…thanks.” Her face turned a beat red, “Enjoy…enjoy your show.”

He laughed, “Thanks. Come on, Baby Angel.”

“Bye,” said Kimberly, smiling. Nick took her hand once again and laced their fingers, “Well, you sure made that girl happy.”

He smirked and shrugged, “I try. She looked like one of those girls that are sad, so I tried to change that. She seemed really nice, but lonely too.”

She just shook her head in astonishment, “You are defiantly one of a kind.”

“Is that a good thing?” He asked, with a laugh.

Kimberly wrapped her arms around his neck and sweetly kissed him on the lips, “Defiantly.”

He smiled and returned the kiss and amorously held onto her chin as his tongue glided against hers, “Have I mentioned how beautiful you look tonight?”

She felt her face burn and she shyly smiled, “Maybe once or twice.”

He smirked and brushed the loose strands of hair behind her ear, “Well, you are. Come on, didn’t you see the way all those truckers were staring at you?” He asked, with a smug look.

She chewed on her lower lip, “Yes,” she said, above a whisper.

Nick laughed and wrapped his arm tightly around her neck and led her into the theater, she felt like she was on cloud nine; just being near him made her feel like a million bucks. They grabbed a seat around the middle area; the theater wasn’t even that full, which was probably good for them.

After they were all settled, Nick took off his hat and sunglasses and ruffled his hair with his hand. He then looked at Kimberly and smirked, “Alone at last.”

She laughed, “Yes, we are.”

A troubled look then appeared across his face, “Shit, I’m sorry.”

She looked at him alarmed, “What?”

“I forgot to ask you if you wanted a drink or popcorn. I’m a little out of the dating scene.”

She softly giggled at his edginess to his voice, it was like he was afraid he messed things up for the night, “It’s fine. I’m not hungry.” She then wrapped both of her arms around him and resting her head against his chest, “Plus, I have all that I need right here,” she said, glancing up at him.

He smiled and cradled his arms around her and pressed his lips on her forehead. Within moments the movie began. Kimberly was surprised how much she jumped in it, causing Nick to laugh…at lot. But he tried to soothe her by rubbing her back and squeezing her close, it seemed he was enjoying her sudden outbursts far too much. She gripped his shirt and placed her face into his chest, she didn’t think a zombie movie would freak her out so much, but she did warn him. He then would try to scare her by saying he wanted to eat her up, although that backfired and he laughed, knowing it sounded more sexual than terrifying.

Once the movie ended, they waited in their seats until everyone else left, which was only about twenty people. The theater was barely full. He didn’t want to be spotted, but Kimberly thought that was just an excuse to have a little lip action, not that she was complaining. She loved how he kissed her, the way his fingers would get tangled in her hair as his mouth savagely went after hers. She felt herself melting in his kiss, she could feel her body becoming hot, the way his tongue raped hers. Damn her for having morals, she would love nothing more than to take this man right here and right now. She wondered if he would like it if she went down on him, like American Pie style.

But after much kissing, he broke away and put his hand on her chest, breathing a bit heavy, “You’re going to get me in so much trouble.”

She looked at him puzzled, “I am?” She asked, with a small laugh, “How?”

“Making me want to just throw you down on the floor as I ravage your body, not giving a fuck who sees.”

Her green eyes widened and her lips turned into a curve, “Oh really?” Her hand began to trail down his chest and down to his lower stomach, “What’s stopping you?” Seduction captured her voice.

He took a hold of her wrists and kissed the insides of them, “You’re such a tease, Baby Angel. You don’t even know how bad I want to just rip off your clothes.” His mouth then went to her neck and his hands began to drift down to her breasts and gently groped them, “Ugh, I want you,” he said, in a coarse voice.

Kimberly inhaled deeply as she felt his hands squeeze her tender breasts; she didn’t think she was going to have much self control. She didn’t know if she was going to be able to wait before giving it to him, just by that one kiss he was turning her on insanely and she wanted nothing more than just to feel him in her. “I want you too,” she murmured.

He groaned, wrapping his arms tightly around her, “You’re driving me crazy.” She laughed and embraced him, resting her head against his chest. He kissed her once on the forehead before pulling away and putting his sunglasses and hat back on. “Come on, Baby Angel.” She took hold of his hand and stood up with him, he looked at her and smiled as he walked. He stopped when he saw that the girl that sold the tickets to them was still standing there and looking bored. He chewed on his lip debating something and he began to walk over towards her.

“What are you doing?” She wondered.

He smiled and shrugged, “Just want to see one of my fans.”

A small curve formed around Kimberly’s lips, Nick was truly too good to his fans. He walked over to her; he looked down at her name tag that said Ronda. She looked surprised to see him and she stood up straight, “Is something wrong?” She asked, curious by his presences. Usually movie goers left the theater after the movie was finished.

He inhaled deeply, not believing what he was about to do. He cleared his throat, “I just wanted to tell you, you did a great job today.”

She laughed, “Uh, thanks.”

He took off his glasses and smiled his breath taking smile, “Your welcome and I just wanted to tell you that I remember you.” He walked over and kissed her sweetly on the cheek, “You defiantly should smile more, because you are a pretty girl. Boys would go crazy.”

Kimberly’s mouth turned into a large smile, she just couldn’t get over what he was doing for this girl. He defiantly was NOT a jerk, not to his fans. “I agree,” she said, with a bright smile.

Ronda looked at Nick for a few seconds in shock, her jaw dropped and her hazel eyes large, “Oh…My…God,” she breathed, it were as if she lost her voice. She swallowed hard and her eyes began to water, “Can I….can I hug you?”

He laughed and reached over to hug the girl. She wrapped her arms tightly around his waist and squeezed him. When he pulled away he said, “Don’t forget what I said. Well I need to go. Bye, Ronda.” He flashed her one more smile before putting the glasses back on and her face just began to glow.

Nick grabbed Kimberly’s hand and intertwined his fingers with hers as they walked out. She just looked at him amazed, “Wow,” she finally said.

“What?” He asked, as a large smile stretched out. He obviously knew what.

“You just made that girl really happy.” She shook her head in awe, as she looked at him, “You are certainly one of a kind.”

He grinned, “I try.”

She snorted, “You don’t need to.”

They came to his car and he gently pushed her against the side of it, towering over her, “You’re not jealous, are you?” He teased.

She laughed, “No.” She looked up at him and smirked, “Would you want me to be?”

He shook his head, “No…not really.” He pressed his face close to hers so that his nose was touching hers, “So it looks like I’m slowly charming my way in then, huh?” His voice sounded silky.

She giggled, “Defiantly not slowly.”

He raised an eyebrow, “Oh?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, feeling the butterflies make their round once again inside her tummy. She almost wished she could take back what she said, the expression on his face was priceless….he looked rather enthralled. “May-maybe,” she stuttered.

That caused him to smirk, “You never fail to amuse me.”

She laughed, “Thanks…I think.”

His face looked playful as he took his index finger and put it under her chin, and pressed his lips onto hers. She felt him gently nibbling on her lower lip and she groaned, he smirked and deepened the kiss, as he engulfed her mouth with his. He pressed his body against hers and his hands began to drift down her sides. Kimberly slid her fingers in his hair, as she allowed his hot tongue to explore her mouth.

“Your welcome,” he said, once he pulled away, the smile growing wide.

She looked at him a bit confused, “Uh…for what? The kiss? Well thank you.”

He laughed and pulled her into him, kissing her on the head, “I don’t think you even realize what you do to me.”

She grinned, “Would you like to specify?”

He laughed and opened the car door for her, “Maybe later.”

She smiled and sat down in the passenger seat. Nick then walked to his side and got in. After he drove out of the parking lot, he reached his arm out and wrapped it around her shoulder she leaned against him. She felt his knuckles rub her arm in a circular motion, she let out a soft sight, not remembering the last time she had smiled so much.

Kimberly wasn’t paying much attention and before she knew it, he was pulling up into her driveway, “Well…we’re here,” he announced.

She sat up straight and groaned, wishing the night didn’t have to end yet. It was late, almost ten-thirty, “Yeah, we are,” she replied, not sounding too thrilled. She didn’t want tonight to end…not ever. She loved being with him, she loved how he made her feel.

Nick leaned over and placed a sweet kiss upon her lips, “I really had a great time with you tonight.”

She smiled, “Me too.” She let out a depressing sigh, “I really wish you could stay.”

“I know, Baby Angel me too.”

A small curve formed around her lips, “Why don’t you?” Her voice began to sound seductive, “And maybe we could continue from the movie theater?”

A smirk formed around his perfect lips and he pulled her close, “God Kim,” – that sent chills down her spine – “You have no idea how tempting that sounds.” His mouth went to the nap of her neck, leaving soft kisses, which were defiantly not helping the situation.

“Mmm, then what’s stopping you?” She moaned.

He glanced up and saw that there was a red Volkswagen in the driveway’s cruddy garage, “I think your roommate is here. I don’t think me going inside is the best idea right now.”

She groaned, “That’s just like Laura ruining my fun.”

He chuckled and kissed her cheek, “You’ll see me again soon, I promise.”

“I can’t wait,” she said, with a smile.

“Me either. I really enjoy being around you. You make me feel happy.”

Kimberly took hold of his hand, “You make me feel the same, baby.”

He smiled and pressed his lips onto hers once again, “Ugh, you’re making it so difficult to leave.”

She jumped, “Wow!”

“What?” He asked, panicked.

“You just vibrated!”

He laughed and realized it was his phone that she felt. He had turned it off because Kevin and AJ were both calling him left and right. He pulled it out and once he looked at it, his face turned hard as he read the text message, “They sure know how to kill my mood,” he grumbled more to himself.

Kimberly looked at him concerned, “Is everything alright?”

He nodded, “Yeah….the guys and I….we have some serious talking to do. That’s all.”

So her theories were right, that phone conversation was about her, wasn’t it? She dipped her head and softy spoke, “Why don’t they like me?”

Nick looked at her shocked, “What do you mean? Who doesn’t like you?!?”

She looked up at him, wishing he would just come clean and tell her…she didn’t need her feelings spared. “I-I kind of heard you on the phone and you mentioned AJ….I dunno…I just get the vibe the other guys don’t like me.”

“Baby.” He wrapped his arm tightly around her, “They like you. They have no reason not to.” He could see the hurt build up in her eyes and she knew, he knew she did. Damn him for being so loud and he let out a loud sigh, “There’s just a lot that’s going on. But I swear to you, it has nothing to do with you. We’re just sort of in a middle of a small….tiff.”

“Tiff?” She didn’t believe him, God she wished she could.

“Don’t go stressing over this. Everyone likes you….Hell who couldn’t?!? You pretty much got me sucked in before we even said hello,” he told her, with a kind voice. She couldn’t help, but smile as he tried to cheer her up and well…it worked.

She nodded, “Okay.” She hugged him, “Thanks for opening up to me about it. It makes me feel good to know you can trust me.”

“It makes me feel good too, to know I can talk to someone else. I’ve been backstabbed far too many times.”

“Me too….”

“How the hell was I so lucky to meet you?” He asked, as he held her close, “I sometimes tend to fall too easy for girls…it’s one of my flaws.”

“I guess I have that as a flaw too then.”

His lips curved upward until they turned into a smile, knowing exactly what she was saying. He held her face with his hands and kissed her so sweetly. His tongue just touching the tip of hers. He was falling for this girl…and hard. “Well…I need to go. See you soon.” He kissed her once more, “Goodnight, Baby Angel.”

She smiled, “Goodnight.” She kissed him on the cheek before getting out of the car; she felt like she was walking on clouds, as she made it into her apartment. No, she wasn’t in love with Nick…but God damn it, it sure felt like she was. She jumped as she saw two people on the couch, “LAURA!” She shrieked.

Laura jumped and threw a pillow over her bare chest, “What are you doing home?!?” She demanded, “I thought you were going to spend the night with what’s his face?!? I told you to fuck him!” Anger appeared in her voice.

Kimberly turned her back once she saw Ronny, “My God, guys this is what they invented bedrooms for!” She then glared at Laura, “I don’t fuck on the first dates.” Although if Laura wasn’t here she probably would have…oh yes in a heartbeat.

“Is that why you’re still single?” Snickered Ronny.

She rolled her eyes, “Sorry….I’m not easy.” She glowered at Laura once more, “I’ll be in my room.” She then headed upstairs, not looking at the naked couple. What the hell were they having sex in the living room for?!? She shook her head franticly, feeling her anger rising. So Laura was pissed off because she didn’t spend the night so she could fuck that guy? That irritated her. Why couldn’t they just go in her bedroom like normal people?!?

Her thoughts were interrupted as her phone beeped, suddenly all her anger vanished and after reading that one little line, she felt her mouth stretch out into a large smile…

Miss you, Baby Angel


“I miss you too,” she whispered. Forgetting all about the people downstairs and laid down on her bed, recapping her day with Nick. She barely knew him, she had only spent two days with him, but she felt like she was falling in love with him. Was that possible...after only two days? Anything was possible, right?
Knight In Shining Armor by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 7 ~



Nick and began to slowly unwind from his steamy night with Kimberly. He sat down on the bed and ran his hands through his hair; he didn’t know what to make of these feelings he was having towards her. He hadn’t felt like this in so long and he couldn’t remember the last time he had felt well...this happy. She made him feel like him again. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he was almost afraid to look, thinking it was either Kevin or AJ bitching him out again. He dug into his jean pocket and once he saw who it was from, his lips stretched out into a smile.

Miss you more =p
Good luck with your friends
Im off to bed, goodnight


She honestly had no idea how much he wished he didn’t have to leave. He wanted to just go into her apartment and ravish her, make her moan...make her feel the way she made him feel. So God damn happy. Nick let out a sigh as he thought about her, he didn’t believe there was such thing as a perfect girl, but this one….she was perfect. He aggressively ran a hand through his hair, what was the matter with him? He barely knew this girl and yet he found himself falling harder and harder. That was so him…falling for the easy. But this one…she seemed so different, he felt he didn’t have to worry about her hurting him – about her using him. She didn’t even tell her best friend about him, so that must have meant something! Trust was really important to him and the fact that she kept her word meant more to him than she ever could have known. He licked his lips and was about to reply to the text until the door flung open; AJ and Kevin then stormed in.

“So looks like you decided to come back,” hissed AJ.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” Growled Nick in a low hard voice, as he glared at his tattooed band mate.

“Haven’t you ever heard of stabbing your friends in the back?!?” He shouted.

AJ wanted to lung at him, but Kevin came in between the two, “Enough,” he ordered in a stern voice. “There will be no more of that.” His eyes then tightened as he looked at Nick whom was still sitting on the bed, “What the hell is the matter with you, Nick?!? Leaving like that!”

He did feel guilty and he knew it was wrong. Guilt soon ate at him and he sighed, “Look, I’m sorry.”

“SORRY?!?” Screeched AJ, “How the fuck can you just sit there and say you’re sorry?!?”

Nick’s eyes got hard and he slowly stood up; Kevin standing in the middle between the two, waiting to break up yet another fight. AJ’s bottom lip was a little swollen from earlier where Nick had punched him. “I know me walking out wasn’t the smartest choice I made…but if I didn’t leave I was going to do something I was really going to regret.”

Kevin shook his head in disgust, “What’s going on with you lately, Nick?” He demanded, “You just met this girl, you shouldn’t be abandoning your duties to see her.”

“Why?!?” He hissed, “Because she isn’t model material to your standards?”

“This isn’t even about her looks!” He said, raising his deep voice.

“Well….it sort of is,” sneered AJ.

Nick glowered at him, trying to find a way around his bodyguard. AJ glowered back, waiting for him to charge, “You’re lucky Kevin is here.”

“Enough!” Yelled Kevin and he stared Nick down, “This has nothing to do with how she looks. It has to do with you leaving your job to see her! You have been in this business long enough to know you can’t just walk out whenever the hell you please! We have a job to do and you cannot be slacking off.”

“I don’t slack off!” He yelled back, “I work my fucking ass off around here!”

Kevin raised one of this thick dark eyebrows, “Oh really? Nick, in the past month I have you seen mope around, acting like a little bitch. And then you go running off to see this girl! And then the fact that we had to lie to you to Brad, ugh.”

Nick’s eyes turned soft; not believing he lied for him….to protect him, “You didn’t have to do that.” His voice was still thick, but had a thankful tone to it.

Kevin held his ground as his eyes were still tight, “Oh, I didn’t. Brian and Howie did, if it were up to me I would have rated your ass out in a heartbeat.”

“Thanks, Kev,” sarcasm filled his voice.

“It made me sick,” said AJ. “They were pretending like it was no big deal what you did….acting like you were a child that didn’t know better!”

Nick’s eyes began to turn dark. AJ was saying all the wrong things that made him want to leap over Kevin and throw him into another wall. Why did he enjoy to get him going? Did he want him to break his nose? He then turned to Kevin; trying his very best to ignore AJ, “Look, I know what I did today wasn’t the smartest thing I’ve ever done.”

AJ coughed out a loud laugh, “You think?!?”

“Shut up, AJ,” ordered Kevin. He then turned his head back to Nick, “No, it wasn’t. Look, I know you may think you like this girl but you – ”

“Think?!? I think I know what I like and what I don’t like…and I do like this girl. Like it or not she’s someone I want to be with.”

AJ laughed, “What happened to you? Have you seen her? Are you on drunk or something? Nick, you can get almost any kind of girl and you want that one?!?”

“I swear to God,” he growled. “If Kevin was not standing in my way, you would not be breathing right now.”

“AJ get out of here!” Ordered Kevin.

“What? No, I came here to ream his ass out. He has to know what he did wasn’t right or fair to the rest of us. You don’t see us running away to see our girls.”

“And what girl do you have?” Questioned Nick, “Who’s Friday today? Nicole….maybe Lynn. No wait, they were Thursday and Monday. I forgot.” AJ glowered at him, “How sad it must be to have no one just a one night stand. But who would want to be with you more than a night? How Sarah did it….man, that woman deserves a metal of something!”

Pain washed upon his face, “Fuck you, just fuck you!” He then stormed out of there, slamming the door behind him. Nick smiled satisfied that he finally hit a nerve.

Kevin shook his head, “Was that really necessary?”

“Yes! Look, I’m sorry you guys don’t think Kim is my type of girl because she’s not in the spotlight or plastic. But after Paris, I want a real girl….someone I can talk to and I can talk to her! I’ve never been able to talk to any of the girls like I can with her. I just wish you guys could see it.” His voice almost sounded pleading; like he was begging for Kevin to accept the woman he had chosen.

“This has nothing to do with her appearance, Nick.”

“Tell that to AJ.”

Kevin let out a heavy sigh, “Okay, I get it. You like this girl…good for you. You missed her….yeah, okay I can understand that. But you know what, I miss Kristin too and you don’t go seeing me trying to bail out of the group….do you?!?” His voice suddenly hard, “I mean, come on Nick, you have to take the consequences for your actions.”

“Let’s get one thing straight. I did not leave to just see her. I needed to get the hell away from you guys. You were jumping down my throat; you’ve been on my ass so much lately….you’re lucky all I did was walk out. I almost blew up and that was something I was trying to avoid.”

Kevin looked at him annoyed and his green eyes began to turn dark, “Maybe if you actually did your job, then I wouldn’t have to be on your ass all the time, Nick. Have you ever thought of that?!? You’re twenty-six years old, and you better start acting it….or bad things are going to happen.”

Nick walked closer towards him, “Are you threatening me?” He snarled.

“Yes. Now Brad did me a favor by changing our photo shoot date in three weeks and I swear to God, Nick you have better show up or I will – ”

“YOU WILL WHAT?!?” He shouted, “Kick me out of the group?!? Fine, do it! I don’t care anymore.”

“Of course you don’t….the only thing you care about is yourself! It’s always been that way. It’s time to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for once.”

Nick’s jaw clenched and he could feel his fits turning into two balls, doing his very best to suppress his anger, “Are you done now?”

Kevin just looked at him almost disgusted. It seemed he didn’t even care that Brian and Howie stuck their neck out for him….it seemed he didn’t care about anything. He didn’t know how much longer he was going to be able to put up with this behavior of his before he snapped himself. “I mean it Nick…three weeks, you better be there.” He then turned his back on him and left, slamming the door hard behind him.

Nick could feel his breathing increasing as he felt his blood boiling. He was so angry; he just had to punch something. He slammed his fist as hard as he could into the wall; wishing it was either AJ or Kevin’s face. He fucking hated them, why the hell did he even bother staying in this group? Why?!? No one ever treated him with respect. He blew off one stupid meeting, so the fuck what? If they didn’t jump down his throat he never would have walked out today. It was their fault! He sat down on the bed, trying to cool down. He dropped his head and aggressively ran his hands through his hair; suddenly his left hand began to throb. He looked at it and saw his knuckles were bleeding. He slowly moved his fingers and cringed in pain.


The days were moving by quickly and Kimberly could not stop glowing. She saw Nick a lot more now and he always made her day a million times better…even on her worst. She noticed that he hurt his knuckles; they were bruised and cut up pretty badly, when she asked what happened he simply told her that he was clumsy and fell. She thought nothing of it. She couldn’t believe how hard she was falling for this guy. Each time he would call her, text her, see her….it would send her heart fluttering so quickly, you would have thought she ran a marathon of some sort. And each time he would touch her, kiss her it would send shock waves throughout her body. She didn’t know how to get used to this feeling, she wasn’t used to it. She forgot what it was like to be happy.

It was June 20th today and Kimberly tried to request it off, but her boss was still being a capital dick to her. She got released early today though, she was allowed to escape this Hell around two PM.

She was on her last break and had texted Nick to tell her she was free for the time being. Not even a second later her phone rang, she giggled and picked it up, “Hello?”

“Hey, Baby Angel.”

Each time he would call her that nickname she would get a chill run down her spine. “Hey, you. So can you come save me now?” She said, with a small laugh.

“Not having fun today?”

“Nope. Greg has something up his ass and he decided to take it out on me…joy. You’d think he’d be nicer to me since it’s my birthday, but nope.”

There was a pause, “Wait…it’s your birthday?!?”

She had forgotten to mention it to him. Sure, she told him her birthday was in June that first night he came over, but she never told him the date. She just didn’t think he had to know and she wanted to smack herself for letting that slip, “Uh, yeah.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know….I just didn’t think it was that big of a deal. My family never thought birthdays were that much of a big deal. I mean hell I never even got a real party. It doesn’t bother me though.”

“You poor child.”

She laughed, “It’s fine really. It’s just a regular day for me.”

“Well, lucky for you I’ve already decided to do something for you today. I guess I’ll just have to make it extra special.”

“You don’t have to do anything.” She then paused for a moment, “Wait, you already wanted to do something? What?” Curiosity filled her voice.

“Well, I told Angel about you; my sister. And she wants to meet you,” he had a smile in his voice. “She’s like one of my best friends; I think you two will get along great.”

“Uh…I don’t know. What if she doesn’t like me?”

“What’s not to like?!?”

She wanted to say, tell that to the other Backstreet Boys, but she held her tongue she didn’t want to upset him. And she knew that would, “A lot,” she replied, with a laugh.

“Babe, we’re gonna have fun.”

“KIM!” Shouted a loud voice.

“Who the fuck is that?!?” He demanded, not liking the angry voice at all.

She groaned, “That’s Greg.”

“That’s your boss?!?” His voice was outraged.

“Yep.” She glanced up and saw him standing in the doorway, “Hang on one sec.” She put the phone down and turned her head and looked at Greg, “What? I still have like five minutes.”

“Not anymore you don’t. Now get off that phone and finish your job or it’s coming out of your paycheck.”

“What the hell!” She yelled, “You can’t do that, I am entitled a full half an hour break.”

His brown eyes turned hard, “Don’t you take that tone with me, Kimberly!” He grinded his teeth, “Now you get your fat ass off that chair and get back to work!” He then left.

Kimberly could feel her breathing increasing as she felt her eyes sting, she cleared her throat and returned back to the phone call; trying to keep her voice leveled. “Sorry about that.” Nick was silent, “Nick?”

“I am two seconds from going down there and make him apologize to you!” His voice was hard, she almost couldn’t believe how angry he sounded.

“Don’t worry about it. He’s like this all the time…I’m sort of used to it.”

“Well, you shouldn’t be!”

She thought it was really sweet how he looked out for her and she honestly thought it was a bit of a turn on how protective he was being. She heard him shout again and she groaned, “Well, I gotta go. See you later.”

“Sooner than you think.”

She felt her stomach tie into a knot, “What? No, Nick don’t you even think about starting anything…he’s my boss! I need this job.”

“What for?!? He treats you like shit.”

She laughed, “I’m sorry mister Carter, but not all of us are loaded. And I need this job to pay for the bills.”

“I’ll take care of you,” his voice got softer and turned sweet again. “You’ll never have to work ever again.”

She laughed, “Tempting, but no. I like making my own money.”

Greg stormed in there, “What the hell is taking you so long?!? Do you want me to fire you? Is that what you want?!? Because you are two seconds from being jobless!”

She rolled her eyes, “I gotta go.”

“Put him on the phone right now!” His tone full of authority.

“Nick, no. See you later…bye.” With that said she hung up the phone and put it back in her back pocket and slowly rose, “Now that my five minutes are over, I will go back to work.”

“Who was just sooo important you had to get written up for?”

“Written up?!? Because I took my break?!?” She was outraged.

“No, because you weren’t listening to me. So who was it, Kim?”

“My boyfriend.”

He laughed, “Good one.”

“Fine, don’t believe me.”

“I don’t. Unless….is he mentally retarded? Or Blind?”

Those remarks stung and she glared at him, wishing so badly she could just say, No, Nick Carter. She just ignored him and left the break room and went back to her station. Her heart still fluttering as she heard the anger in Nick’s voice from the way Greg spoke to her. But it did worry her that he said he was going to see her sooner than she thought. She prayed to God he wasn’t going to barge in there and act like her hero….although it was rather romantic.


Thankfully her shift finally ended and she could stop holding her breath. She kept on waiting to hear Greg screaming at someone…that someone being Nick. She shook her head; he was probably just all talk. She didn’t see him as someone that would storm into a public workplace and make a scene, that just didn’t seem like him. Although, the Nick Carter she thought she knew, she didn’t know at all really. Nick Carter the Backstreet Boy was completely different than Nick Carter the man she had come and learned to know. She ran upstairs into the small staircase and punched in her five digit number and quickly jetted down the staircase and bumped into Greg.

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she began to walk away.

“Are you finished with everything?” He demanded.

She shrugged, “There are a few boxes that I need to ship down the belt, but I’m out so I’ll let the next person finish it,” she answered, walking out the door.

He ran after her and aggressively grabbed onto her arm, “NO!” He barked, “You go back in there and finish your job. It’s what I pay you for.”

Her green eyes turned a dark color as she tried to yank out of his grasp, but his grip was tight, “Let go of me!” She ordered, “This is harassment.”

A black car was waiting in the parking lot, the driver’s blue eyes raged as he watched the older man grab his girlfriend. He jumped out of the car and marched over towards the balding man, “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?!?” His voice sounded so loud, so angry.

“This is none of your concern.” He then looked back at Kimberly, “Now don’t make me tell you again. Now get your ass in there and finish you’re work! Or you no longer will have a job…do I make myself clear?!?”

Nick grabbed Kimberly and grabbed her arm and pulled her out of Greg’s seize and protectively pushed her behind him, “I should have you arrested!”

“Excuse me?!?” His brown eyes lit right up, “Arrested? For what?!?”

“For assaulting my girlfriend.” He took off his big dark sunglasses and glared at the man; he was shorter than him by a few inches, “Or maybe I should just take you out myself. Laying a hand on an employer like that, do you even know how many violations that is? You will not only lose your job, but I could sue your ass…and trust me, I’d win.”

Of course Greg had no idea who this guy was, he never listened to the Backstreet Boys. He had no idea how much money Nick had or the people he knew. Greg tried to put up a tough act and folded his arms, “I’d like to see you try it.”

He laughed, “You really don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, do you?”

Kimberly put her hand on Nick’s arm, “Can we please just leave? It’s not that big of a deal.”

His blue eyes turned dark and he stared at her. She wanted him to get off easy? He felt the anger rush throughout him, as he saw the imprint on her arm, “Has he done something like this before?!?” His head shot up to the balding man, “Oh, fuck it, I should just kill you!”

Suddenly Greg began to become a little frightened, not only did Nick have a few inches on him, he was younger and obviously looked stronger. He backed away slowly and put his hands up in defense, “Okay, there’s no reason to get hasty.” He looked back at Kimberly, “I’m sorry, you just got me really mad.” He then looked back at Nick and threw a fake smile, “See, I apologized…no harm done.”

“No harm done?!?” He shouted, “LOOK AT HER FUCKING ARM!” Kimberly was wearing a short sleeved light pink shirt and she had a red mark right above her elbow where he had viciously grabbed.

“I’m….I’m sorry, Kim,” that time it sounded like he almost meant it. “I shouldn’t have grabbed you like that.” He then looked up in Nick’s direction, “Don’t get the cops involved please? What do you want from me?”

Ha, so he had him at his mercy now. Nick’s face did not soften one bit and he looked him hard in the face, “You better start treating her with respect and if she tells me that you so much as raise your voice at her, I promise you, you won’t ever feel your legs again.”

Kimberly looked at Nick in disbelief; she never ever had anyone defend her in this way. Greg’s face was starting to turn a bit pale and he franticly nodded, “Yeah….yeah I swear I’ll be a lot nicer.”

“I’m not finished. You give her a raise.” He looked at her, “Baby Angel, how much do you make now?”

“Ten Fifty,” she answered.

A smirk formed around Nick’s lips, “Her new pay will be fifteen fifty.”

“Are you insane?!? A five dollar raise?!? That can’t be done.”

“Fine.” Nick wrapped his arm around her shoulder, “A lot more will be coming out of your pocket, I promise.” He looked at Kimberly, “When we get back we’ll take photos of your arm and show it to the police. And I’m sure charges of assault will be on your record and soon before you know it, you’re gonna be ass broke because I’m gonna sue you until you don’t have a dime left to your fucking name! Do I make myself clear?!?”

“Okay, okay. Fine, Kim I promise by next week you’ll get fifteen fifty.”

Nick looked satisfied, “Good.” He then left with his arm around his girlfriend and walked to his car.

As Kimberly got in, her face was just in stun, she could not believe what just happened. She got a five dollar raise?!? That was just….that was unbelievable! Nick got in and started the car, smiling at her with a wide smile, although her face looked more like flustered than anything and she couldn’t seem to compose it. She then looked at him just astonished, “I-I can’t believe you did that.”

He looked at her fretful; afraid he got her upset by threatening her boss like that, “Are you…are you mad at me?”

“What?!? No! The complete opposite actually…I’ve never had anyone ever do anything like that for me before.” She looked at him memorized and a small curve formed around her lips, “Every girl dreams of her Knight and Shining Armor will come and save her…well you defiantly saved me.”

Relief swept over him and he smiled, turning to her so that his body shifted and he pulled her tightly into his embrace and kissed her passionately on the mouth. She closed her eyes as she felt his tongue snake inside like a serpent and caressed her tongue, “You have saved me a few times if you don’t recall,” he said, with a heart melting smile. “With you roommate and then with that girl at the movies. I was just paying you back.”

She giggled, “Oh is that it, huh?”

“Yep.” The smile was still molded onto his perfect face and he stroked her cheek with the back of his hand, “Plus, I’d never let anyone hurt you.”

She had to fight the urge, she couldn’t say it…she wouldn’t say it. I love you she kept on repeating over and over in her mind, but she would never allow herself to say the words. She knew she would frighten him, Hell she was frightened for even thinking it, “You are so amazing,” she murmured.

He smiled and cupped her chin and pressed his lips against hers once more, giving her such a sweet kiss she thought she was going to melt in his embrace. She felt her heart pouncing so loudly, he must have heard, “I’m not the only one,” he purred into her ear before gently nibbling on her earlobe

She could feel herself trembling, “How did I get so lucky to meet you?”

He smirked, “Baby, I’m the lucky one, trust me.” He then pulled away and turned on the car, “So do you want to change before we go meet up with Angel….or do you want to go like that?”

Kimberly scrunched up her face, “Ew, no way. When I meet your sister I want to look somewhat decent. What time is it?”

He looked at the clock on the radio, “Two thirty.”

“Hmm, I don’t know if she’s home or not.” She pulled out her phone and dialed her roommate’s number, “Hey Laura, its Kim. Are you home…oh yeah? When you gonna be back….okay nah, that’s cool I was just wondering. Nah, I just gotta head to the house to pick up some things….yeah I’m gonna go out with Dave tonight.” She rolled her eyes, “I’m not gonna sleep with him. I don’t see why you keep hounding me with this, it’s not like I’m a virgin or something…ugh, well I’ll see you later. Yeah, bye.” She then hung up her phone and let out a loud sigh, “She’s at a modeling gig right now so she’ll be away for at least a few hours.”

“Okay, then. We’ll head to your place so you can get changed.”

“Okay,” she said with a smile.

Nick started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He had his hand on the arm rest intertwined with Kimberly’s fingers. He glanced at her, “So why is it that you think Laura wants you to have sex so badly?”

She groaned, “Man, I wish I knew! She feels like guys won’t like me because I don’t give it up and she thinks you aka Dave won’t like me unless I fuck you.” She sighed, “It’s kind of depressing for her to think the only way I’ll be able to keep a guy is if I have to have sex with him.”

Nick lifted her hand and brought it up to his lips and kissed the top of it, “I never want you to feel you ever have to do anything with me, okay?”

She nodded, “I know.”

He didn’t sound convinced, “I mean it, Kim. I like you more than just for your good looks,” he said, with a small smirk.

“Good looks right,” she mumbled with a laugh.

His face turned stern, “I’m going to make you realize how beautiful you are. Just watch and see,” he promised.

Kimberly could feel her face burn from her face heating up and she knew she must be blushing. She turned her face away; he made her feel more than beautiful, he must have known that. Shortly they pulled into the empty driveway of her apartment and both walked out of the vehicle and Nick wrapped his arm loosely around her waist as they walked to the front door. She glanced at him and smiled, she couldn’t get over the feeling he gave her. She was still awaiting to wake up from this amazing fantasy. When she walked up to the door, she scrambled through her purse and dug out the keys and slipped it into the lock and opened the heavy door. They both walked in and Nick sat down on the couch, as she shut the door behind her and turned to him. He lit up the whole room…no the whole apartment.

“So you going to get ready?” He asked.

“That’s the plan,” she answered, with a playful smile. “But I wanna shower too, I smell gross.”

A smirk grow on his lips, “Shower, huh?” And he raised an eyebrow.

She laughed, “You better be good this time.” Kimberly approached him, “No spying on me,” she ordered, with a tint of teasing in her tone.

He grinned and once she was close enough he gripped her hips and pulled her forward; gently forcing her to sit down on his lap. She spread her legs so that they were on each side of him, “Hmm, I don’t know if I know the meaning of the word good.”

She laughed, “Yes I know!”

He licked his bottom lip, pulling her down on him slightly so that their faces were just inches from one another. Without a moment to waste his mouth was pressed against hers. She felt as his tongue glided across hers, Kimberly could feel herself melting into his kiss; her body trembling as he gently nibbled on her lower lip. “I promise,” he spoke in a whisper. “I’ll wait for you down here.” A smile curved around his lips. “But I will tell you, how difficult it’s going to be on me, knowing you are upstairs completely naked.” He shook his head in anguish, “I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do it.”

“I have faith in you,” she giggled over his lips.

His phone then beeped, he pulled it out of his pocket and made a small moan, “It’s Angel. She wants to know where I am,” he said, with a small chuckle.

“Ooh, shit!” Kimberly jumped off his lap, “I’ll be really quick I promise!”

He smiled, “It’s cool, take your time. I’ll just tell her we’re having sex or something,” he joked, but her eyes grew wide open and he couldn’t help but laugh at her expression. “Relax, I’m kidding!”

The smile then quickly returned on her face as soon as it left, “Okay, I’ll be fast!” With that said she hurried up the stairs and ran into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Nick just laughed and shook his head at the silly girl. He decided to call his sister and tell her that they would be there shortly. He dialed her number, “FINALLY!” She barked into the phone, “Don’t you know how to text back?!?”

He laughed, “Sorry, I was a little…uh busy.”

“Er, come on, Nick. I’m your sister. It’s bad enough I need to hear about it from the tabloids but not you!”

He loved how easy it was to mess with Angel. She was like his best friend out of the whole family and yet so much fun to torture at the same time, “Nah, not like that,” he promised. “I pretty much had to threaten this loser. I swear this girl works at a hell hole! She needs out.”

“And let me guess, you’d be the one to support her…right?” Her tone screaming of disapproval, “How much did she have to beg you to give her a few grand?”

He groaned, “No, she’s not like that, Angel.” Nick loved his sister more than a brother could love a sister, but he absolutely hated how overprotective she was. Wasn’t it supposed to be the other way around? Sure, most of the girls he dated she did not approve of and for various good reasons. But this girl he was seeing, she was different…he never dated anyone like her before. Kimberly was defiantly not like most of the girls he would be seen with, maybe he was with her because he needed a change. But hey…sometimes change is a good thing. He made her feel good and that was all that mattered.

“Neither was the last one...or so you said. And look what she did to you!”

Yes, he said the same thing about Cindy, but he was blinded and quickly saw the real her after only a few months. Sure, he liked the girl, but not enough to where he’d allow her to rob him blind. He was blinded by her good looks, Kimberly was different she wasn’t after anything – she had no need to use him. “Just meet her first before you judge, okay?”

“Nick I just know how you are with women – you make horrible choices. I just don’t want to see you hurt. I mean, how do you really know this girl is right for you?”

“Because…I’m the one that went to her. She’s so different, Ang…she’s like no one I ever dated before.”

“But she’s taking money from you, Nick!” She spat, “How is that being different?”

“No, she’s not!” He raised his voice, “Look, just don’t judge her until you meet her. And I mean it, Angel you better be nice!”

She huffed, “Fine, I’ll be on my best behavior…how’s that?”

He let out a loud sigh, “Please….I really like her. Don’t ruin it for me because you’re worried she’s not good enough for me. Promise me?” He pleaded.

“Fine, fine I promise, Nick. Just hurry up and get here, alright?!?” With that the line went dead.

Nick aggressively ran his hands through his hair, he never felt so petrified on letting any of his girlfriends meet his sister before. What if she chased Kimberly away? Fear overcame him, maybe having her meet Angel wasn’t the best idea. Should he cancel? Before he could call her back, the shower stopped. Oh man, what was he going to do? He knew his sister wasn’t going to be nice, she was everything but that! The only thing he could do was pray she would be on her best behavior like she promised.
Disney Land by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 8 ~



Angel could feel her anger rising, she wanted to just throw the phone! She let out a small scream as she tossed her red BlackBerry phone onto the white chair that was across from her and ran her hands through her dark long hair.

“What's wrong with you?” Questioned Benny; her boyfriend, “Not a good conversation?”

She looked up at her boyfriend with dark eyes as she could feel the annoyance build up, “Ugh, Nick is so stupid sometimes!” She stood up and walked into the kitchen to grab a drink from the refrigerator and pulled out a can of Diet Coke. She snapped it open and felt the carbonated liquid fill her mouth.

Benny walked in and sat down at the table as he glanced up at his girlfriend, “What did he do now?”

“So he's dating this new girl,” she began.

“Oh, God,” he groaned. “Here we go.”

She raised one of her thin dark eyebrows at her boyfriend, and glared at him, “Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean?”

Benny sighed and stood up and walked towards Angel; she barely reached his shoulders. He was about 6'3 and rubbed her bare arms up and down and stared at her with his hazel eyes, “Angie,” he said, in a soft tone. “I know that you feel you have to look out for Nick – ”

“I do!” She interrupted, “Nobody else is gonna do it!”

“Baby, he's your older brother, I think he can take care of himself. He has for a long time now.”

Angel could feel herself getting heated, as her own boyfriend thought she was too protective! “Yes and look where it got him?!?” She snarled, “Do you not remember Paris Hilton? Do you not know what that bitch did to him? Did to his reputation?”

“You warned him about her?” He questioned, in a dubious tone.

“Uh...yeah! It was fucking Paris Hilton!” She almost yelled, “I didn't want my brother touching her with a ten-foot pole!”

“And why don't you want him with this new girl?” He wondered, as he sat back down on the wooden chair, with the blue cushion.

She pulled out a chair and sat next to him and took another sip of her soda, “Well, first he tells me that she's a fan.” She shook her head in disgust, “Fans don't even look at him like he's a real person, just some God-like creature. It's so disgusting!”

Benny raised both of his light brown eyes brows and tried to look at Angel seriously, “And you really think that Nick has a problem with that?!?” He was doing all he could to hide the amusement in his raspy voice.

“That's not love, Ben!” She sighed and dipped her head, “All these stupid girls just want to use or hurt my brother.” Her eyes then turned hard, “And I swear to God, I'm not gonna stick around and just watch it happen. He used to date this girl Cindy and I knew something wasn't right about her and I had a bad feeling. I sometimes think maybe if I actually told him about how I felt it could have been prevented, you know?”

Benny sighed and put his hand on his girlfriend's legs, “Babe, you can't always monitor who he dates all the time. I know you want to look out for him, but he's a big boy. Anyway, so you don't like this girl just because she's a fan? Some fans are cool,” he admitted.

She shrugged, “It just seems he always goes for the bad ones.” She groaned, “But he did make me promise to be on my best behavior.”

He laughed, “So no scaring this one off?”

“Which ones have I ever scared off?”

“Come on, Angie there were a few that he was interested in and you told them if they so much as kiss him, no one would be able to find their body.”

She laughed, “I remember this one girl was such a slut! Nick probably only wanted to fuck her anyway.”

“So let him. If that's all he's interested in, why not let the guy have some fun?”

She began to play with the gray soda can with her fingers, looking down at it, “You know, all my life Nick has always been more like a father to me than a brother. He was there for me when my dad wasn't. He always had my back and always protected me when boys hurt me. Like when Collin cheated on me....oh man did he ever pay the price,” she laughed. “He broke Collin's nose. But the main thing is, he's always been there for me when I needed him....and I just want to be there for him. No one else is. My dad is ugh...well you know what he did to Aaron. He was in rehab for almost a year getting clean because of him. Then there's my mother who well...she's so money starved, that's all she cared about. BJ just cares about getting another shot and Leslie...Mike is the only one she cares about. She pretty much disowned us,” she said depressingly. “I'm all he has,” she said, above a whisper, as she lifted her head and met his hazel eyes.

Benny knew that the Carters weren't the best family in America, but he had no idea they were that bad. The way Angel sounded....it tore his heart in two. He was lucky, he had a family that truly loved him, but Angel...she wasn't so lucky. It almost seemed Nick was her only family. He put his hand on top of hers and rubbed the top of her hand with his thumb, “Let's meet the girl before you go deciding the verdict, okay?”

She nodded, “Okay,” she murmured.

“I mean for all we know, she could be pretty awesome. And in my opinion, I think it would be better if he dated a girl that wasn't in the spotlight all the time like how Paris was. He needs a normal girl...and who knows she could be it.”

Angel rolled her brown eyes at her boyfriend, “You always see the best in people.”

“And you always see the worst,” he pointed out. He stood up and kissed her on the head, “I'm going to take a quick shower.”

Angel sat there for a few minutes and sighed....maybe that was her problem. She never saw the good in anyone, she only saw their bad sides. She knew her biggest issue was that she felt no one was ever going to be good enough for her brother, especially not some fan he met at a mall. She ran her hands through her dark hair, she just didn't think she could bare seeing him get hurt again when she could possibly stop it.



Kimberly wrapped a big red towel around her body and stepped out of the bathroom, soaking wet. Being cautious in case Nick decided not to keep his word on being good, but she walked into her room without any problems and she smiled as she shut the door behind her and dropped the towel onto the floor and went through her underwear drawer. She pulled out a cute pink thong and slid it on and pulled out a white wonder bra that was made of lace. After she hooked it, she looked in the mirror and smiled seeing her bust got the lift she needed. She then began to go through her closet, searching through the summer dresses. She wanted to look nice when she first met Nick's sister. A baby blue one caught her eye and she smirked, as she pulled it out, pressed it against her body, as she turned to the mirror. She took the hanger off and slipped it on, wow that bra sure did wonders! She was lifted and her breasts looked nice and firm in the dress, a decent amount of cleavage was shown, but not enough to where it looked trashy. She didn't want to give the wrong impression to his sister. She didn't know much about her, but what she did know was that she was a real shark. She was nasty; at least that's what she heard from a few girls that had met her. Kimberly was honestly a bit concerned she wasn't going to like her. She was extremely protective of Nick – of course these are all stories she heard. For all she knew, this girl could careless what her brother did. Rumors were a bit ridiculous when it came to the Carters.

Her hair was still wet, she quickly grabbed the brush and yanked the tangles out and soon her hair was snarl free. She then grabbed the purple can of moose that was on her white dresser and put a white blob of it into her hand and began to squash it into her hair. Soon her hair was wet and crimpy, she loved it. She then quickly turned to make up and began to lightly add some color to her face. Her green eyes stood out as she added blue around the lids and black eyeliner underneath, throwing some blush on her cheeks and some lip gloss to make her lips shine. She felt lovely, Nick made her feel this way. She decided to throw on some slip on sandals that had a two inch heel. She took one quick glance into the mirror before exiting the room and walking down the stairs. All she needed was the song, Kiss Me and she'd feel like Laney Boggs from She's All That.


Nick heard the heels taping on the hardwood stairs and he turned his attention towards the staircase and that was when his blue eyes grew with astonishment. He immediately jumped up off the couch to meet her at the bottom of the stairs and his blue eyes skimming every inch of her, “Wow.”

She could feel her face flush from his stunned expression, “Well...I'm ready. Do you....do you think I look okay?”

“Better than okay!” Kimberly was about two step higher than him, so she was about three inches taller than him, “You look incredible.”

“Thank you.” She bent her head down and that was when Nick captured her lips with his. She put her hands onto his face, as she felt his tongue slowly slip into her mouth. Kimberly closed her eyes, and allowed his tongue to molest hers. Suddenly she felt his arms wrap around her waist and lift her from the stairs and carried her over to the couch, laying her down on it and crawled on top of her, attaching his lips back onto hers. She moaned as he kissed her, his hands began to glide down her body. His body just hovering over hers, his mouth then left hers and began to kiss her down her neck and down to her cleavage. Kimberly's fingers tangled into his blonde hair, she could feel herself getting turned on as she felt his tongue on her skin, as his hands roamed her body, “Nick,” she moaned. “Nick, stop.” Although her words didn't sound the convincing.

He pulled away and looked into her eyes, “What's the matter, Baby Angel?”

She could feel her heart quiver as he looked at her with such lust, such passion, she had almost forgotten why she stopped him. “We're....we're going to be late.”

He grinned and kissed her lips, “I was thinking.....what if we just bail out on seeing Angel?” His fingers tracing down her lower stomach; aiming for the most sweetest part of her body, “I will give you a birthday gift you won't ever forget,” with that said, his head dropped, pressing his face against her bosom.

She could feel her breathing growing heavy; did she want to let him ravish her? After all it was her birthday....it was a gift he wanted to give her. How could she possibly deny him? He took his face out of her chest and his hair fell upon his eyes looking so seductive, making her feel so weak. Would she even have the strength to turn him away? Her body has been screaming at her to give in to him, he's proven himself that wasn't all he was after. So why the Hell not, right? Before she could give him an answer his phone rang and he let it ring for a few moments, just staring at her, pretty much undressing her with his eyes. Finally he pulled it out of his pocket and casually said, “Hello?”

“Nick, where are you? Benny and I have been waiting for almost an hour in a half.”

“Uh...yeah about that – ”

“Look, I'm sorry,” said his sister. “I was talking to Benny about it and maybe I'm just being really overprotective and I'm sorry. I just love you and I don't want you hurt. I'm sure I'll like her, how about we do a double date? Want to go to Disney?”

Nick had a thoughtful look come across his face and he got off Kimberly, “Disney? Today?”

“Well, yeah. It's only about four, it doesn't close until late. I mean, if you don't want to, we won't. I just thought it was something fun we all could do.”

“That's a great idea! Where do you want us to meet you?”

Friday's,” she answered. “Let's get acquainted a bit more....so we can eat before we go. It'll be fun.”

“Angel, I love you.”

She laughed, “Like I haven't heard that before! See you soon, love ya.”

“Love ya too.” He then hung up his phone and had a large grin on his face, “Come on, Baby Angel we're gonna be late!”

Kimberly was a little unsure of his actions, first he didn't want to leave and just wanted to fuck her silly, now after one phone call he was leaping with anticipation. “Uh....what did I just miss?” She asked, as she slowly began to sit up.

He grabbed her wrists and helped her up and crushed her into him. She was surprised by his sudden gust of enthusiasm and she laughed, “Well, you sure are in a good mood now. Did Angel say something good?”

He pulled away just an inch and smirked, “Yep. You're going to have a good birthday...of course not as good as what I was about to do...” he touched her bottom lip with her finger and dragged it down her throat and to her breasts, “But I promise I'll give you that later,” he swore with a seductive grin, which caused her to get shivers.

“Where are you taking me exactly?” She wondered.

“Right now....Friday's. Hope you're hungry.” He then smiled and took hold of her hand and led her out of the apartment.



“Do you think Disney was such a good idea?” Wondered Angel, as she looked at her boyfriend.

He nodded, “I don't see why not. It's fun, you guys can get to know each other, without it being so strained.”

“At least they let us into the VIP section,” she mumbled, as she took a sip of her fruity mixed drink.

“Gotta love having strings,” teased Benny.

She couldn't disagree to that. She was only nineteen years old, but because she was the famous Nick Carter's sister, she got privileges that other people her age couldn't. Like having an alcoholic mixed drink. She then saw a waitress escorting her brother, whom was with the girl named Kim. She was going to be nice, she had to keep on telling herself that. She watched as Nick's fingers were laced with hers. She skimmed this girl....she sure was different. Different than any of the other girls he had dated. She was wearing a sundress that was blue and it caused her to glow. It just went above her knees and the top was a little tight near the bust, but she's seen worse. Her light brown hair was down and crimped, she was a cute looking girl, she'd give her that. Defiantly couldn't be a model, she seemed beyond average. She had never seen her brother with any girl that looked so....well normal before.

“Ms. Carter,” said the waitress in a thick British accent, “Here are your guests. Someone will be over shortly to take your orders.”

Kimberly looked at the tall hefty woman and nodded with a smile, “Thank you very much.” The waitress smiled back and then went on her way, down the aisle.

Nick and Kimberly then scooted into the booth on the opposite side from Angel and Benny. Nick was all smiles, “Hey, sorry we're late.”

“Nick told me last minute while I was at work that we were going to be going out,” Kimberly softly spoke. “So I wanted to take a shower before....so I'm pretty much the reason...so sorry.”

Angel studied this girl, she couldn't find any traces of fraud in her voice. She seemed sincere and truthful. “Nick's always late as it is,” she said, with a little laugh. “So I was expecting him not to show up on time.”

Nick smiled at his sister, she was keeping her word....she was acting civil. He then shrugged, “I'm good like that.”

“Yes, we know,” chuckled Angel.

Benny then looked at Kimberly, “So you work?”

She somehow knew that topic was going to be coming up. Just because she was dating a guy with money, people assumed she would just quit her job. That aggravated her. She just nodded, “Yes.”

“What do you do?” He wondered.

She stared at this handsome man, he and Angel were obviously perfect for each other. They were both beautiful. Angel had her long, dark, silky flowing hair and killer body. Although she looked fierce, Kimberly was actually a little intimidated by her, but she tried to act as casual as she could. Benny on the other hand.....he wasn't nearly as intimidating as his girlfriend. He had boyish good looks; he looked as though he could be a underwear model or something. His light brown hair was spiked and his hazel eyes seemed to suck you in. He had a very attractive face and his body was pretty impressive as well. It defiantly looked like he worked out, she could see the biceps through the white T-Shirt he was wearing.

She shrugged, “It's nothing great. I work at a factory called AMD I load ship boxes and stuff.”

“It's a shit hole,” finished Nick.

She rolled her eyes at him, “Yeah, it's not the best job, but hey it's a job and I'm just happy I have one.”

Benny nodded, “Nice. Do you plan on keeping the job?”

She looked at him surprised, “Of course.” She then laughed, “How else am I going to pay my bills?” She then caught on what he was saying, “Oh...I see.” Her face then turned stern, “I make my own money, I like making my own money. It's how I am.”

“Most girls that date my brother usually don't think like that,” said Angel as kind as possible....but not kind enough, because Nick's face turned hard as he stared at her.

Kimberly then shrugged, “I'm not like most girls,” she assured them.

“I know,” said Nick, with a smile as he looked at her. “That's what made me so interested in you.” He then leaned over and kissed her sweetly onto the cheek.

She flushed and dipped her head, feeling her face growing hot. Nick laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gently pulled her into him. His eyes were tight as he stared at his sister. It was almost like they were having a private conversation, for her eyes were tight as she stared at him as well. Soon enough another waitress walked over and took their orders. Benny could feel the hostility between Nick and Angel, so he tried to change the subject.

“So tell me, Kim. How did you meet Nick?”

“At a mall,” she answered.

“Who approached who?” Wondered Angel.

“I saw her from outside the store I was in,” began Nick, still staring at her with sharp eyes. He then shrugged, “I don't know what it was, but I thought she was beautiful.” Kimberly dipped her head again, hated how hot her face was becoming, he chuckled and rubbed her bare arm with his knuckles that was wrapped around her, “So I told Mike to get her to come in the store I was in...unfortunately her roommate had to come too,” he rolled his eyes at that part.

“Don't like her?” Questioned Angel, curious by the hostile tone in his voice.

“She’s a bitch,” he answered.

“I actually thought Nick was staring at Laura the whole time....not me. I mean if you put me and Laura together – ”

“Don’t,” warned Nick, as he stared at her with hard eyes.

“Sorry,” she mumbled.

A second later the food came and they began to eat their meal; however that got Angel curious...beyond curious. “What was that about?”

He shook his head, “Nothing. This girl Laura drills all this shit into Kim’s head, making her feel less attractive than she is.” Nick then looked at his girlfriend, “But I promised her I’m going to change that. And make her realize how hot she really is.” A grin formed around his lips as he watched Kimberly’s face turn pink and he pulled her closer, kissing her on top of the head.

Angel raised her eyebrow as she studied the girl's face, she didn't like the attention that he was giving her in front of her and Benny...at least that was the impression that she was getting. She was a pretty quiet girl, polite. Most girls would be making out with him in a heartbeat, not caring who saw. They loved the attention...but not this one. Maybe this one was different that the others.

Kimberly tried to make conversation, asking Angel where she got her clothes, little things like that. She then studied her brother, she couldn't remember the last time she had seen him so happy. Even with Cindy he never looked like this. Although everyone could see perfectly through Cindy's mask, it might have taken Nick longer to notice it, but he soon saw it too. As much as Angel hated it, she thought she might actually be able to accept this girl as her brother's new girlfriend. She wasn't fake, she had her own job and even though she was unhappy with where she worked, she wanted to keep it so she could make her own money. That alone was pretty impressive. She knew how her brother disliked when the girl he was with worked, he wanted to be the one to be able to support them. It was sweet, but when they broke up that would leave the girl jobless so Nick would be obligated to give them a large check until they were back on their feet. That was one of the things she hated about her brother.

Soon the dinner finished and Nick of course took the bill. Angel argued with him for a bit saying she could take it, but he ignored his little sister and paid it....left a good tip as well. Nick always was a good tipper.

“So where to now?” Wondered Kimberly, as she walked through the restaurant with Nick's arm securely wrapped around her waist. She could feel people's eyes on her, but she tried to ignore them.

He looked at her and grinned, “You'll see. I can just say, you're going to have a fun birthday.”

“Birthday?” Questioned Benny, “It's your birthday today?”

She nodded, “Yeah.”

“How old are you?” Wondered Angel.

“Twenty three.”

“So do you want us to just follow you?” Asked Nick, once they all reached the parking lot.

She nodded, “Yeah, might as well. It only takes an hour to get there.”

“What time does it close?” Benny asked.

“I looked into it, like one in the morning or so. So we have plenty of time,” replied Angel with a smirk. “It's gonna be fun.”

Kimberly looked up at Nick questionable, “What are you guys talking about?” She somehow knew he wasn't going to budge so she looked at his sister, “Where are you guys taking me?”

A smirk formed around Angel's thin lips, “I'm not saying. You'll have fun though, I promise.”

She could tell that Angel was a lot like her brother....she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

“Okay, so we'll follow you,” Nick said, as he and Kimberly stood next to his car. “Which one are you in?”

“The red Plymouth,” answered Benny.

“Okay then.” He smiled and he and Kimberly then got into the car and waited until Angel and her boyfriend got into theirs.

Kimberly eyed him, “What is up your sleeve, Mr. Carter?”

He laughed, “You're just gonna have to wait and see.” He leaned over and pressed his lips against hers, “I just want you to have a good birthday. It should be fun.”

“Hmm...”

“What? You don't believe me?”

“No, I do. I just wish I knew what you were up to, that's all,” she replied. “I don't like being kept into the dark.”

“Don't worry; you won't be in the dark for too long, I promise.” He smiled and once he saw the red Plymouth pull out, he pulled out as well and began to follow the car that was in front of them. His fingers intertwined with Kimberly's and his thumb was caressing the top of her hand. He would often glance over at her, she would smile at him, but she was still trying to read him. Where the hell was he taking her? She wished she was paying attention to that damn phone call he had gotten, but she was so discombobulated from him kissing her....debating whether or not if she wanted to let him ravish her. He caught her staring at him intently and he laughed, “Baby Angel, what’s wrong?”

She just smiled and shook her head at him, “You’re pretty hard to read sometimes.”

He grinned, “I know.”

Nick decided to try to get her mind off of where he was taking her, so he began to just talk about random things. About her favorite places, her color even. The more he learned about her, the more he found himself falling harder. Nothing she ever said threw him off, he loved learning more about this young woman. What was it that fascinated him so? She defiantly was like no one he had ever dated before; she was so average, so funny, and so perfect.

Kimberly began telling Nick more about her best friend, Ashley. He could hear the sadness in her voice how far apart they live now. As she was telling him about one of their crazy joy rides to Cape Code, she noticed the huge sign that said, Walt Disney World: Where Dreams Come True. Her jaw dropped and she looked over at Nick and he had a full smile that was spread across his face. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close, pissing her on her temple, “Happy birthday, Baby Angel.”

“You’re taking me here?!?” Excitement filled her voice.

“Well….it was Angel’s idea.”

That surprised her even more. Why would Angel want to go to Disney? She didn’t know it was her birthday. It took nearly about twenty minutes to get to the parking lot and grab a ticket. Nick parked right near Angel and the four of them began to walk to the park. Kimberly saw that Angel was wearing black Capri jeans with a small white tank top. The pink bikini top was noticeable through the fabric; her long dark hair was thrown up in a messy pony tail. Her finger nails almost as dark as her hair, matching her toenails, which were exposed from her open toe white sandals. She suddenly felt over dressed, she wished Nick gave her the heads up, and then maybe she could have worn something a bit more appropriate.

Nick intertwined his fingers with hers as he walked by her side. They walked over towards a small train it looked like. It was a dark blue; people were lined up, trying to hurry to get on it. Kimberly then glanced at Nick, seeing he was wearing no sunglasses or a hat, “Aren’t you worried about people stopping you?”

He looked at her and shrugged, with half a smile, “It’s Disney, most people here are only gonna be worried about meeting Mickey Mouse. And if people come up to me, it won’t be a big deal.” He then released her hand and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her into him, “I don’t want to have to hide today. It’s your birthday.”

She smiled and sweetly kissed him, “Did your mom ever drop you in a tub of sugar or something?”

Nick raised an eyebrow, looking at her bewildered, “Uh….not that I’m aware of,” he said, with a laugh. “Why?”

She laughed and wrapped both of her arms around his waist, squeezing him, “Because you’re too sweet.”

Suddenly Angel let out a loud laugh and they both looked at her. She put her hand over her mouth, “I’m sorry….but that was funny.” She shook her head at Kimberly and walked over towards her, “Give it a few more weeks, then you’ll be able to see the side of Nick where he’s not such a ladies’ man.”

Nick looked at his sister annoyed. But his expression softened when she saw the smirk around his sister’s thin lips and he smiled. She was excepting Kimberly and that meant more to him than she realized. Soon the tiny train came and the four of them walked on. Eyes were on Nick and a few girls began talking to him, asking if he was Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. Of course he could have lied, but Angel was right there and even fans knew who she was. The girls were in their late teens, flirting up a storm with him, Kimberly just sat there quiet, not knowing what to do. What could she do? They were fans, she wasn’t going to tell them to back off. Although she could feel the jealousy eating at her. She hated this feeling.

Angel caught her expression and she snapped her head at the two girls that were being far too friendly with her brother. One girl even had her hand on his shoulder, gently rubbing it, “We’re kind of on vacation,” she lied. “So can you just sit back in your seats and let us enjoy ourselves? Nick is just Nick today, no Backstreet, nothing…let him be a regular guy for once. Is that really too much to ask?!?”

The girls looked at Angel horrified and walked away back into their seats. Nick looked at his sister outraged, “What the hell was that?!?” He demanded, “What have I told you about being mean to my fans?”

Kimberly looked at her in almost disbelief. Did she do that for her? Angel just looked at her and winked and then looked back at her brother, whom was fuming. She just shrugged, “They were pissing me off. Plus, didn’t you say it was Kim’s birthday or something? Well, I don’t think she was having a very good time while those whores were throwing themselves at you. I mean, come on you gotta tell them to leave you alone once in a while. That’s why your relationships don’t always last; they can’t take your idiotic fans. God knows I can’t and I’m your sister!”

His blue eyes turned dark as he stared at his sister. Kimberly could feel the tension between the siblings grow. She knew Angel only told the girls off because she could see how much it was affecting her, so she rubbed his knee with her finger tips, “Don’t be upset,” she whispered. “It’s my day, right? So rule number one….no being upset. It’s just not allowed.”

He looked at her and licked his lips and smiled, “Fine.” He kissed her lightly on the lips, “Did those girls make your upset?”

Should she be honest? She didn't want him to think she was like one of those girls that hated when fans were around. It was his job and she wouldn't want to take away from his admirers...Hell, she used to be one of them! She didn't want Nick to think that she was jealous, she wanted him to be able to chill with his fans while she was around. So Kimberly just looked at him and smiled, “Nah. Girls love you. I think it's nice that you are so good to your fans.”

“I know they were being a bit forward,” he admitted. “That didn't make you feel uncomfortable....did it?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, not knowing the correct answer. She didn't want to upset him, but she wanted to be able to tell him the truth at the same time, so she just shrugged. “A little, but I'm not gonna let dumb things like that upset me.” She then looked at him seriously, “If you don't recall, I used to be one of them.”

He smiled kindly at her, loving how easy going she was and how open she was being with her feelings. He shook his head at her, “No, you defiantly weren't one of them.”

That even caught Angel's attention as she studied Kimberly's face as she replied. Kimberly looked at him slightly confused, “Oh no?” She said, with a small laugh.

“Nope. You were never like those girls, you never came onto me like that....Hell, you didn't even come onto me at all! I believe I was the one that came onto you,” he told her, with a smirk. “And man, Baby Angel that was one Hell of a turn on.”

Angel almost looked as surprise as Kimberly, “Wait, so let me get this straight.” Once she said that, the train stopped and they all got off and walked through the park, “You never came onto Nick?”

She shook her head, “Nope.”

“But yet you like him?”

She laughed, “I think that's kind of a given.”

Benny groaned, “Come on, Angel. There's no need to be playing protective sister right now. We're here to have fun.”

She glared at her boyfriend, “I'm just asking a few questions....we're bonding. Why don't you get me a drink or something,” she said, as she fluttered her lashes.

He rolled his eyes, “Fine.”

“Baby Angel, want me to get you anything? I'm kind of thirsty, so I think I'm gonna go with Ben for a few.”

“Yeah...can I have a Sprite, please?” She asked, with a sweet smile.

He smirked, “Maybe....if I get something out of it.”

She grinned and wrapped her arms around his neck, doing all she possibly could to fight the feelings she was feeling. She wanted to just say the words, but she knew she couldn't. She felt her stomach do a flip, as his hands rested on her hips. He softly pressed his lips onto hers, not even caring they were in public; it seemed he didn't care about anything, but her. He slipped his tongue into her mouth, wanting to do so much more than just this tease of a kiss. When he pulled away he left out a soft groan, “God, I don't think you even realize how tempting you look right now.”

She smiled, “Oh yeah?”

“Yes,” he said in a deep voice.

Angel loudly cleared her throat, “Okay, too much PDA. Nick, just go,” she said, as she laughed. “I wanna talk to your girlfriend without you. So leave.”

Should Kimberly be scared? Nick studied his sister for a long moment before, releasing his girlfriend and leaving with Benny. “Be nice,” he hissed, as he walked past her.

She just rolled her chocolate eyes, “Get me a Coke!” She shouted and smiled, seeing Nick glare at her.

Kimberly wasn't sure if she should be afraid or not, “So um...what's up?” She asked, in a skittish voice.

Angel smiled sweetly at her, “I'm not as mean as they make me out to be...” she paused, “But I do look out for my brother. So you really didn't hit on him?”

She shook her head, “Nope.”

Angel looked surprised, “Why not?” She asked, with a laugh, “I mean, it's obvious you like him....don't you?”

“Of course I do. I think I like him too much,” she said, with a soft laugh.

She saw that Angel's eyes were glued to her facial expression, “What do you mean by that?”

She shrugged, “I don't know.” She wished so badly that she just kept her mouth shut, “I'm just not used to feeling so good...I'm not used to someone making me feel like this.”

Her stern face turned soft, “Why not?”

“I haven't had much luck in the men department....so when Nick came knocking at my door, it blew me away! I mean, at first I thought it was too good to be true. I thought he was there only to see Laura or something...she was pretty forward to him when she met him at the mall. I honestly always thought that's what he liked. Girls being forward with him and plus Laura's a knock out, so I figured that was gonna help her snag him.”

Angel studied her face, trying to read her, “If that's what you thought he liked why weren't you like that?”

“I may have liked him, but I'm not gonna pretend to be something I'm not...no matter how some people want me.” She then shifted her eyes away, hoping she didn't see the despair in her eyes.

“What do you mean?” She wondered, her voice softer, much kinder.

“Laura thinks the only way I can keep a man is to sleep with him. And well, I'm not like that. I rather have feelings for a person before letting him have me in that way. In her eyes if you're not gorgeous no one will want you. I guess from living with her and hearing it constantly I was starting to believe it.”

Angel looked at her bewildered, “Kim,” she said. “You're very pretty.”

She smiled kindly at her nice words, “Thanks. Nick's been awesome though, defiantly boosting my self confidence.”

“Good,” she said, with a smile. “So you know, when Nick told me about you, I wasn't really sure about you. He told me he met a girl that he liked a lot and she was a fan and all I could think was, oh no, not another one. Most of the girls he falls for they end up really hurting him, or using him. Not just for fame or anything, but just for who he is. Or they think he's some sort of God and forget he's a human being and treat him like he's this perfect guy. You'd be surprised how sick and tired of being treated like some superior he gets. So when I met you, I had my guard up, I was trying to figure out your true motives. Making sure you really liked my brother and wasn't after anything. And honestly, if he never told me, I never would have thought you were a fan. You're very normal, it's nice to finally meet someone I can talk to,” she said, with a smile.

Kimberly then felt all weight lifted off her shoulders, “So does this mean I passed the test?”

“With flying colors,” she answered, with a grin.

“Sorry it took so long!” Said Benny, as he walked over with a twenty oz' of Coke in his hand, “Nick got mobbed with fans.”

“It's okay,” said Kimberly, with a kind smile.

Nick then handed her, her drink, “Miss me?” He teased.

“Hardly,” snickered Angel.

He ignored her and looked at Kimberly, she laughed, “Yes! I started to go through with drawls! Thank God, you're here!” She dramatically wrapped her arms around his waist.

Angel started to laugh. Benny looked at her and smiled, “Looks like you two are getting along well.”

Kimberly smiled, “Yeah, Angel's cool.”

Nick laughed, “Did she drug you while we were away?!?”

Angel smacked his arm, “Shut up. Don't be jealous because I'm cooler than you. So anyway,” she said, as she took a sip of her soda. “What do you want to do first?”

“Tower of Terror!” Answered Nick, with a grin. He then looked at Kimberly, “Come on, Baby Angel.”

She just laughed, as Nick grabbed her wrist and pulled her long. Angel admired the two and for the first time in a long time, she was truly happy for her brother.


The four-some went on a numerous amount of rides. It was Kimberly's first time at Disney, so Nick made sure to make it eventful for her. He thanked Angel a few times for mentioning the theme park. When they went on fast rides like roller coasters, Kimberly had to be sure to sit on her sundress so that it didn't go flying up. She truly was having a wonderful time, this was probably one of her best birthdays that she's ever had. A few fans would come up them and ask for pictures with Nick, even with Angel. Angel had a small fanbase, once Kimberly reassured her that she didn't mind about the fans, she was a lot nicer to them. They asked Nick if she was his girlfriend and he smiled and answered honestly saying yes. Some of the girls looked at her badly, but the others were very kind to her.


After about three hours, it was dark, hitting eight O'clock. “Man, I'm hungry!” Nick announced, “I want a corn dog.”

“You are a corn dog,” laughed Angel.

Kimberly laughed, “Yeah, I'm a little hungry too. What do you want to eat?”

He looked at her and smirked, “Must you ask?”

Suddenly her stomach did a somersault and she could feel her face turning red, “Be good.”

Nick pulled his arms around her, “Look at you...I defiantly don't know how to do that.” He lowered his lips close to her ear, “I don't think you realize how many ways I was thinking about ripping that dress off of you.”

She felt her heart beat faster, “Nick, My God....”

He laughed and kissed her, “You enjoying your birthday.”

he nodded, “Yes. I think it's the best birthday I've had in a long time.”

“Good. Well, I think I'm gonna grab us some corn dogs and a few drinks. Want anything in particular?”

She grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning against him, “Are you on the menu?”

He let out a loud laugh and he rubbed her back, “I just might be....did you look in the specials? It's a rare deal.”

Angel rolled her eyes at the couple, “You're worse than Benny and me!” She shook her head, “Just go get the food Nick, we'll be right here.”

“Okay.” He looked over at Benny, “Wanna help? Don't think I'll be able to carry it all.”

“Yeah.” He then looked at Angel, “I'll be back in a few.”

She smiled at him, “Hurry.” She sweetly kissed him, “Love you.”

He smiled back, “Love you too, babe.” He then left with Nick.

“So how long have you been dating Benny?” Wondered Kimberly.

“Ehh, about six months now. He's amazing, I love him to death.”

“How did you know you were in love with him?”

“You know, I think I knew I loved him after our first few dates.” Angel then studied Kimberly's face, “Why do you ask? Do you feel that way towards Nick?”

She shrugged, “I'm just not used to this feeling. I feel like I think I love him, but it also just might be infatuation or something. I just met him less than a week ago, I know I can't be in love with him....yet.”

She smiled kindly at the girl, “Nothing's impossible you know. But I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back. Wait here, okay?”

Kimberly nodded, “Okay.”

Angel left and she sat down on the picnic table they were gonna eat at. She was happy Angel liked her, she was petrified she wasn't going to. She was nothing like she thought, she heard stories that she was a real hard ass, and that she was a total bitch to any girl that was after her brother. Maybe she wasn't like that to her because he was the one that went to her. Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard an unwanted voice....a voice she had been trying to forget.

“Well shit, never thought I'd see you here.”

Kimberly looked up and saw her ex-boss....her ex-fling, Joe. Her green eyes glared as she saw him and she stood up, “What do you want?!?” She demanded, not believing he was actually here. She could feel her heart racing and anger rise. He was with a younger and more attractive girl. She shook her head in disgust, what the hell was she thinking even getting involved with this guy? He was a total creep! He only used her for sex and the girl he was with sure looked like a nympho, so he must be happy. She was wearing jean short shorts that went up to her thighs, a red bikini top that was far too small for her. She was wearing a white shirt, but it was completely see through and showing off her fake breasts. Her bleach blonde hair was in two pick tails, was she trying to pull off a role for Daisy Dukes or something?!? She glared back at her ex and hated that he still looked as attractive from the time he left her. His black hair spiked and deep blue eyes trying to hypnotize her, but she was with Nick, she didn't need him, she didn't want him! She had someone better.

“Came here with someone.” He then turned to the girl, “Sarah, babe. Can you grab me a hot dog?” He asked, with a charming smile, showing his white perfect teeth.

She smiled, “Sure, Joey.” She was twirling her blonde hair in her fingers; she was chewing gum like a cow. She eyed Kimberly once before walking off.

“How old is this one?” She snarled.

“Ooh. Jealous?” He smirked, “You shouldn't be, she has nothing on you. You were the best one I had, Kimmie,” he said, as he rubbed her bare shoulder and moved the spaghetti strap off her shoulder and onto her arm.

She shot him a death look and stepped a few inches away from him and pulled the strap over her arm, “You disgust me.” She shook her head in shame, “What did I ever see in you? I bet you're playing that poor girl. Did she tell you she wants a relationship yet, or is it still all about the sex?”

He laughed, “Are you still upset about that, Kim?!? Look, you were good in the sac. I didn't want a serious relationship, I'm sorry.” Joe then looked around, “I don't see you here with anyone. Who are you with?”

A sly look formed around her full lips, “My boyfriend and his sister, with her boyfriend.”

He looked around again and saw no one and he laughed, “Boyfriend? Right, Kim. You don't have to make up lies to try to get me jealous.” He walked a few feet towards her and pulled her into him, “I bet Sarah was jealous though. Look at you! You look gorgeous, and that dress...it makes your breasts just scream for me to grab them. Come on, baby run off with me for a little bit. Let me satisfy you like I used to. It'll be worth your while,” he said, with a seductive grin.

If she wasn't with Nick she knew how tempting that would sound but she was with him and she wouldn't go back down that path. She recalled all the pain the after effects had and she knew she just wouldn't be able to bare it. She aggressively shoved him away from her, “You're such a pig! Just fuck off!” She shouted and began to walk away, “Tell Sarah I said, good luck.”

His blue eyes turned a dark shade and he aggressively grabbed onto her arm, “Don't fucking walk away from me, you little bitch. Look, I'm sorry I hurt you; I told you all I wanted was sex. So I don't see what the big deal is! Sarah knows that's what I'm all about and she doesn't cry about it. Just get over it, Kim.”

“Get your hands off of me!” She ordered, as she ripped her arm out of his grasp, “I'm over you, Joe. I have been for a long time now. I found someone that wants more than just sex from me.”

“Is he gay?” He snickered.

She rolled her eyes, “Goodbye.”

She attempted to walk away, but he jumped in front of her and kept on mincing her moves so she couldn't pass, “Kim, don't be like that. I miss you...I miss the way you feel...the way you taste.”



Nick's blue eyes darted towards the man that was harassing his girlfriend and he grinded his teeth. Benny looked in his direction and saw some guy talking to Kimberly and each time she would try to walk away he'd follow her, or grab her arm. He could see the jealousy and fiery in Nick's face. “Hold this,” he ordered in stone cold tone, throwing the tray of food on the set that Benny was already holding and he stormed over to where Kimberly was.

Benny knew this wasn't good and he hurried towards Nick, but he was much too fast. Shit, this was not good. His girlfriend told him that he was the jealous type and over protective. That's probably where she got it from. He searched the area and couldn't find her anywhere.

Where the Hell was Angel?!?
Happy Birthday by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 9 ~



Laura had finished with her shoot much earlier than planned. When she got to the house she saw that Kimberly wasn’t even there. It seemed she was never home anymore, not since she started seeing that Dave guy. Yeah, she knows she told her to get out more, but now Laura was the one being alone all the time and she hated it. She’d probably have Ronny come over again. She grabbed her phone and felt annoyance rush through her. It had been over a week and Nick Carter has not called her! What was the matter with him?!? Could he not see a good thing was in front of him? What a loser. If he didn’t want her, then fine! She could have any man she wanted; Nick didn’t realize what he had passed up.

She groaned and ran her hands through her hair, she was going to go crazy. She decided to set a bath for herself. She got up and went in the bathroom and ran the water. Once it was full she sat in it, feeling the steaming water scold her skin. She ignored the minor pain and rested her head back. As much as he tried to ignore the fact that Nick Carter blew her off, she couldn’t! She was beautiful, why didn’t he want her? She needed to vent so she grabbed her phone and called Sandy.

“Hello?”

“Ugh, I’m so pissed off. You know, Nick hasn’t called me back yet.”

“Seriously?!? Why the hell not?”

“I don’t know.”

“Ohh, wait. Actually someone told me that he’s been seen with a new girl lately. From what I hear she isn’t that pretty. I guess Nick’s into ugly girls now,” she said, with a laugh.

“So he doesn’t like me because I’m not ugly?!? What the Hell is this world coming to?”

“I wish I knew, babe. But my friend Becca is hooking me up with this guy named Rich, so I gotta go. Talk to you soon!”

Laura sighed, “Yeah, bye. Have fun.” She heard it click, she didn’t want to be alone tonight, she was feeling depressed. But why? Because Nick didn’t want her? She couldn’t believe he didn’t want to be with her because she wasn’t ugly! That was the most ridiculous thing she’s ever heard. She dialed Ronny’s number, feeling the need to be held.

“Talk to me.”

“Baby, it’s me. You up to fun tonight?”

“Do you really need to ask that?” He laughed, “Name the time and place.”

“My place…now in the bath tub…hurry.”

“Oh my way….” The phone then clicked and she smiled, if she can’t have Nick Carter, she might as well have some fun. Ronny was always wild in the bedroom and she was in the mood to scream.


Nick could feel his breathing grow heavy as he got closer. He then snapped when he heard Kimberly yelling at him, Just leave me the Hell alone! But what really set him off was when the loser retaliated with, Don't be like that, baby. I swear it'll be worth your while. He felt his fists close into balls so tightly that his fingernails were stabbing his skin. Once Nick was close enough, he forcefully grabbed Joe's shoulder and shoved him away from Kimberly, “What the fuck is your problem, dude?!?”

Joe looked at this blonde stranger and brushed him off, “Hey buzz off buddy, this is none of your business.” He then turned his attention back to Kimberly, “Come on, Kim stop being like this. Just come with me for a few minutes. Sarah won't even see us missing.”

Kimberly saw the dangerous look in Nick's eyes and rushed rushed to his side and he pushed her behind him and his eyes turned so dark they almost looked black! He aggressively grabbed onto Joe's red shirt and pulled him close, “GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND!” He shouted; his face beat red now, “Or I swear to God I will fucking kill you!”

Kimberly couldn't believe her eyes, she knew in a way Nick was the protective type, but never like this! She put her hand on his shoulder, “Nick,” she softly said into his ear. “Let him go. You don't want to cause a scene.”

He swallowed hard, “Y-yeah, Nick,” Joe's voice broke. “I'm-I'm sorry I didn't know that she was – ”

“Don’t you even say that!” Snapped Kimberly, stepping a foot in front of Nick, “I told you I was here with my boyfriend!”

Joe glared at her, “Didn’t think it was possible actually.”

Nick tightened his grip on his shirt, “I would fucking hold my tongue if I were you. I would love nothing more than to just snap your neck, but I’m trying to keep my cool. So if I were you, I would get the hell out of my sight before I change my mind and use you as a personal punching bag!” Joe was a few inches shorter than Nick, and his face had turned a sheet white, “Do you got that?!?”

He just nodded and Nick released him and he scampered out of there, rushing over to Sarah, dragging her out of the park.

Nick then turned to Kimberly, “Are you okay?!? Who was that fucker?!?”

Benny raced over and put the food on the picnic table before it all tumbled over, “Sorry, I tried to hurry over as fast as I could. I was scared you were gonna kill that guy or something!”

“Trust me, it was temping.” Nick then looked back at Kimberly, “Who was he?”

“Remember that guy I told you about that broke up with me because I wanted more of a relationship....yeah that was him.”

His blue eyes turned dark, he remembered when she told him the pain he put her through. It made him want to just chase him down, “Did he try to hurt you?”

The concern and love in his voice was highly conspicuous. Kimberly hugged him tightly, “I'm fine. Thanks though, that was awesome. I....” she stopped herself before she almost slipped and said, I love you. Ugh, she had been thinking it far too much lately. It hadn't even been a week yet! “I don't know what I'd do without you.”

He smiled and brushed her hair from her face, “I hope you never have to find that answer.” He kissed her softly, “I really wanted to murder him though, when he was saying those things to you...ugh! All I wanted to do was cause him nothing, but pain!”

“Hmm, I think you're my hero tonight.” She then turned so that they were face and she wrapped her arms around his neck, “I must say, that was a huge turn on. So hardcore brownie points for you.”

He grinned, “Oh yeah?”

She smiled, “Yes.”

He pressed his forehead against hers, “What else do I have to do to get more of these brownie points?” He huskily whispered over her lips, as his hands began to slide down her waist, “Anything in particular?”

“Oh My God! Ew, get a room!” Screeched Angel.

Nick pulled away from Kimberly and stared at his sister with hard eyes, “Where were you?” He demanded, in a hard voice.

“I went to the bathroom.”

“While you were gone some asswipe was all over her.”

Kimberly rolled her eyes at him, “Seriously, Nick it's fine. It's not a big deal.” She then looked at Angel, “Is your brother always this overprotective?”

“With girls? Uh, honestly....no. Look, I'm sorry I had to pee.” She then looked at Kimberly, “Was some guy really all over you?”

“Just my ex was being a jackass. He's ugh. But it was hilarious how much Nick scared him, I've never seen anyone turn that white before.”

Nick grinned and securely wrapped his arm around her waist, “What can I say, I protects what belongs to me.”

Kimberly felt her stomach do a flip from his words. She then looked at him and smirked, “I belong to you now, huh? Next thing I know, I'm gonna have start calling you master.”

His face filled with excitement, “Oooh!”

“No,” she said, in a stern voice, trying to suppress her giggles.

“Okay, okay. Enough you guys. I'm hungry, let's eat!” Said Angel, as she sat down at the picnic table.

“Ugh, I don't think I'm gonna be able to with those two going at it,” commented Benny.

Kimberly stuck out her tongue at him and sat down on the opposite side of the couple and Nick joined her, sitting beside her. He had gotten a few Nachos and some corn dogs, with drinks. How Benny carried all this was still a miracle.

The food was rather good for just theme park food. They all just began to talk, Kimberly couldn't believe how amazing this birthday has been. As they were getting into conversation, Kimberly leaned against Nick and rested her head on his shoulder. He had his arm around her waist; his fingers were rubbing through the fabric on her waist. She bit on her bottom lip as she began to think of what to do to him. But his sister was there! Eh, she couldn't see under the table. Her left hand slithered to his lap and she placed her hand on his leg, she didn't want to seem that suspicious. Nick just looked at her and smiled, thinking nothing of it and continued talking to Angel and Benny about some sort of sport, she actually lost focus on it. She wasn't that big of sports and when Angel asked her if she was okay, she simply told her, I'm fine, just a little tired. She thought it and continued talking to her brother. Kimberly then moved her hand up a little more until her hand was on his thigh. Nick looked at her again and smirked, she knew he knew what she was up to, but he was doing nothing to stop her. Why would he? Her hand then placed over his lap and she soon discovered that he was already semi hard. She looked at him and grinned as she began to rub her finger tips down the length of his member. He inhaled deeply, as Angel kept on talking to him. She was really getting into the conversation, Benny was the only one replying to her, but it seemed she didn't care. Kimberly felt Nick's member growing with each stroke, and soon she could feel him perfectly, she wanted him she didn't think she was going to be able to deny him much longer. Nick took his hand and placed it upon hers and discreetly slid it down his pants. Kimberly tried to hide her smiled as she felt his rock-hard member through his boxers and she slowly pulled him out of that and stroked him. He was even bigger than she imagined! Through the pants gave him no justice at all. Nick took his soda and took a sip and began to chew on the straw to try to contain himself from moaning out loud. Her hands felt so soft on him, he knew they would feel good, but never this good!

“Can you believe that, Nick?!?” Said Angel, looking up at him in stun; obliviously from the conversation that he tuned out. He didn't know what they were talking about anymore. Was it still the baseball game? Who cared about baseball when he had a girl's hands down his pants?

He knew the only thing he could do was play along, “Uh...man. That's just unbelievable!”

“I know, that's what I was just saying!” She cried, looking at Benny, “I mean, he should have gotten a homerun!”

Nick then bent his head down and ran his hands down from his neck up to his hair. This felt far too good, yet he had never had to endure so much torture before. What he would kill for her to jump under the picnic table and start sucking on him. Oh man, he knew she must be amazing with her mouth. What wasn't she amazing at?!?

“Are you okay?” Questioned Angel, once she saw him.

He silently nodded and looked up at her, “Yeah...I think it was something I ate. I don't think the food's agreeing with me.” An idea then popped into his head, “I think I need to use the bathroom.”

“Oh, okay,” she said, still having no idea that anything beyond the obvious was happening. “Should we get going soon? I mean, it is a little late. Wow, it's almost nine.”

He shook his head, “No, we can stay for a little bit longer. The park doesn't close until at least midnight or so. Why don't you and Ben just chill for a bit? Go on some more rides, because shit, whatever I ate is hating on me and wants to come out!”

She scrunched her nose, “Uh, yeah thanks for that, Nick.”

Benny laughed, “Have fun with that.” He then stood up and grabbed whatever was left of the food in the cartons, “Just text when you wanna get going.” He then looked at Angel, “Wanna try Space Mountain? We haven't gone on that one yet.”

She smiled, “Yeah, lets.” She then stood up herself and grabbed the plates and whatnot to throw them away, “See ya guys in a bit...hope you feel better, Nick.” She then stopped in her tracks, “Hey, Kim wanna come with us, since Nick is probably gonna be in the bathroom for a while?”

Nick looked at her alarmed and Kimberly caught on to that quick. She realized what his motive was and she shook her head, “Nah, I think I'll just stay here, I'm all ridded out.” She then rubbed Nick's shoulder, “Plus, I think I'm just gonna wait here for him, just in case he gets sick or something.”

She then shrugged, “Suit yourself. Come on, Benny.”

Angel and her boyfriend then left and once they were out of their sight Nick turned to Kimberly, “You are trying to kill me, aren't ya?”

She giggled, “What? You don't like this?” She teasingly asked, as she gripped him and began to jack him off a bit.

He let out a loud grunt, “I'm going to get you back you know.”

She slowly slid her hand out of his pants, “Oh yeah? And how exactly do you plan on doing that, Carter?”

He grinned, “I never thought you'd ask.” He quickly adjusted himself so that his member wasn't nearly as noticeable and he stood up, taking her hand, “Come on.”

She looked at him almost afraid, “Where are you taking me?” She cautiously questioned, as she stood up.

He smirked, loving how anxious she sounded and he wrapped his arm around her waist, “Just a little place I spotted earlier. I think I remember where it was.”

Kimberly just looked at him, not being able to read him, having no idea what was up his sleeve. She just walked with him and since it was so dark, barely anyone noticed them, not even fans. She loved that she could just walk with him like this without being bothered. After nearly half an hour they came to the destination Nick had been looking for. It was a bathroom....a family bathroom.

She looked at him in disbelief, “Are you kidding me?!?”

He laughed, “Come on, it's late no one's here with kids really.”

She took a deep breath, “Okay...” She then opened it up and walked inside the dark bathroom.

Nick glanced around the area to make sure no one saw them walk in together. Once the coast was clear he made his way inside and shut the door behind him, locking it. He flicked on the light and saw Kimberly just standing there. She wasn't amused, but even though she was standing in the white tiled bathroom, she somehow still looked amazing. Her breasts looked perfect in the sundress, just begging to come out. He walked over towards her, he wasn't sure if she looked a bit uncomfortable. Was it the surroundings or just him? He knew she wasn't the kind of girl to just jump in a thing like this, but Hell she was stroking him in public, what did she think was gonna happen? He wanted her and God if he didn't have her he was going to explode!

He slowly walked over towards her, “God, you look good.” She softly laughed and he gently pressed her against the wall and then his mouth went crashing down on hers as his hands began to roam up her body until his fingers came to her firm breasts. He gripped them in his grasp and he pushed her spaghetti straps off her shoulders and pushed the top of the dress down until her breasts were free from its prison. He did the same thing to her bra, free those beautiful things until they were dangling freely. Once they were released he gripped them and attached his mouth onto her nipple, gripping her other breast with his hand aggressively. She softly moaned as she felt his teeth against her hard nipple, he looked up at her and grinned, “Like that, Baby Angel?”

“You know I do,” she whispered.

He stood up straight and engulfed his mouth over hers, feeling her hot tongue lick at his. As they kissed, his hands were fiercely tugging at her breasts. His hands soon slithered down her sides, and the further they got, the lower he went. Soon, he was crouching down and his hands slid inside her dress until his fingers looped around the elastic of her panties and he slowly began to pull them down her legs. Once they were to her feet, she stepped out of them, but Nick wasn't done with her quite yet. He gestured her to spread her legs and she did and he went underneath her, smelling her sweet scent. He made her spread wide, she jumped as she felt his finger touch her clit and then the moved that finger to her core. Her breathing began to increase as she felt his finger gently slide inside of her and she let out a soft moan. She felt his tongue began to flick over her clit as he inserted another finger. She let out another moan, as his tongue began to move faster. Nick was underneath her dress finger fucking the shit out of her and once she felt him gently gently nibble on her most tender piece of skin, she lost it and let out a loud cry. She had to hold onto his shoulders for support. She then felt his tongue slide in and out of her core with such a pace, another cry escaped her. His fingers rubbed her clit as his tongue was exploring her insides and then without warning she felt her body become so hot she thought she was going to explode! She felt her legs tremble and her juices flowing out of her into the mouth of the man that was underneath her.

Once Nick felt satisfied with his work, he moved from underneath her and slowly stood up, making sure she wouldn't fall over. He grinned once he saw her facial expression, “Hmm, I think someone just may have enjoyed that.”

Kimberly was breathing a bit heavy and her back was pressed against the cold wall, “Um, just a bit. Wow....that was wow. I – I've never gotten off so quickly before.”

He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and pressed his body against hers, “I don't think you realize what you do to me, Baby Angel.” He cupped her face and pressed his lips onto hers, “I want to do so many things to you right now. I overheard you that one time. How you've never gotten off by oral before and I wanted to show you that it could be done. And if I didn't want you so bad I would have more patience and show you how many times I could possibly get you off. Much more than once, I can assure you,” he said, with a cocky smile. Kimberly's eyes were large as she stared at him, should she be upset that he overheard that? Maybe so, but was she? No, not in the least. She knew she never would be able to tell him a man could never do that to her, she thought maybe it was her. At least now she knew that wasn't case, because it seemed far too easy for him to get her off with his tongue, “But I promise,” he continued. “That in the near future, I'm going to get you off so many times, you're just not going to be able to handle it.”

“Is that so?” She challenged.

He laughed, “Oh, yes.” He began to unbutton his pants and let them slide down to his ankles, along with his boxers, “But right now the only thing I wanna do to you is fuck the shit out of you. I don't think you realize how long I've been waiting for this.....the way your body has been screaming for me.” He shook his head, “I don't know how I've contained myself for this long.”

She put her hands onto his chest, “Promise me. After this happens, it isn't all you're going to want from me.”

Nick gently took hold of Kimberly's chin and looked her deep in the eyes, “I swear to you, I'm not just after you for the sex.” He connected his lips against hers, “Believe it or not, I'm not as shady as some people may think. I'm crazy about you, Kim.”

She smiled, loving his response, “The feeling is mutual, I promise.”

He smirked, “Good to hear.” He then lifted her dress so that it was just above her waist and he took hold of her leg, hooking his arm underneath her knee so that she was nice and spread. Nick moved more into her and positioned himself right over her sweet core, “Ready?” She just nodded silently and within a moment he pushed himself inside of her; breaking down her tight walls. He let out a loud grunt, “Oh, shit,” he breathed.

Kimberly cried as he entered her, feeling his thickness fill her up, “Is – is something wrong?”

He laughed, “Hell no! You're just tight as fuck.” He looked at her seriously, “Tell me if I'm hurting you, okay?”

“Baby, just because I feel amazing to you doesn't mean I can't take it....I like it rough,” she told him, with a smirk.

Was she not everything he had ever wanted or what?!? He grinned, “Baby Angel, is there no down side to you?” She smiled, he then pressed against her, as he thrusted inside of her, she cried as she felt him breaking her open, as he went deeper. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pounded her. Nick let out moans as he felt her walls wrapping around his member, she was so tight, so wet. He didn't know if he was going to be able to last long. If he hadn't known better he would have thought this girl was a virgin. He then grabbed her other leg, lifting her up, having her wrap both of her legs around him, making it much easier to slam inside of her. She cried out of pleasure as his pace fastened, squeezing him tight, dropping her face into his shoulder as she tried to muffle the cries. She ran her hands through his blonde hair, he stared at her and she saw all the lust in his eyes. She crashed her lips down onto his and his tongue snaked at hers. With her legs wrapped around him securely, he pressed her against the wall so tightly that it was impossible for her to slip. He took her hands and laced his fingers with hers, pressing them against the wall as well. Plunging deeper and harder into her womanhood. He felt himself getting so close, he could feel sweat starting to build up on his forehead as he did not slow down for a moment. Hearing Kimberly cry out of pleasure from his doing was turning him on to the maximum and he knew that he couldn't hold it back any longer. He tightly grabbed onto her hips and forced his cock into her as hard as he could pump and he let out a loud grunt and within moments he felt his orgasm hit and his liquid flowing inside of her. His breathing heavy, he slowly helped her legs down, she almost fell, he pressed her against the wall, he was still against her; inside of her. He rested his forehead against her shoulder, trying to compose himself; trying to catch his breath.

“Wow....” he finally said. “Just wow.” He looked up at her and saw nothing, but ecstasy on her face and he kissed her, “You're amazing, Baby Angel....no words.....just amazing.”

She couldn't hide the pleased look across her face and held him tight, “I love you,” she murmured.

Nick pulled away, “What did you say?”

Fear overcame her, she didn't mean for those words to slip! She then looked at him and tried to compose her face, “I said, I loved it. It was out of this world....my God. Where have you been all my life?”

He laughed, “I should be asking you that question, Baby Angel.” He then pulled his pants up and buttoned them.

Kimberly did the same with her underwear, “So was it worth the wait?” She teased.

“Yes....I'd say so.” He pulled her into him, “Best I've ever had....no lie. It's so surprising no one has snatched you away.”

She shrugged, “Not everyone is worthy of my love.” Damn it, she said the word love again. She wouldn't be surprised if he never called her again, or saw called her.

“Oh, and I am?” He amused, raising one of his eyebrows.

Well at least he wasn't freaked out, “Maybe,” she answered, with a grin.

He traced her bottom lip with his thumb, “God knows I'd like to be.” He then took hold of her chin and kissed, “Because baby, you are too perfect.”

She felt her face flush, “Nick, how is it that you know just what to say?”

He grinned, “I'm just good like that.”

“Mmm, I can see that.”

He then took hold of her hand, “But come on, we should get going before Angel realizes what we're up to.”

Kimberly nodded, “Yes, I agree. She's probably kill me,” she said, with a laugh.

He shook his head, “Nah, I'd be the one dead.” He laughed just imagine seeing her face. He then stared at his girlfriend for a moment, “So tell me, how did you like your birthday gift?” He teased.

She couldn't hide the smile that formed around her lips, and she felt her face glowing, “Baby, I don't even think there is a way to describe how much I loved it. I've never shuttered like that....ever.”

He smirked, “That's what I love hearing, Baby Angel.” They both then walked out of the bathroom and unfortunately a few people saw them leave. She saw a few girls giving her a bad look, suddenly she felt dirty....and insecure. Nick saw the girls and saw the evil glares, so he wrapped his arm around her waist and put his lips to her ear, “Ignore them.” They then walked away from the blazing eyes of jealousy and off to find Angel and Benny.

“There you are!” She called, “We were looking all over for you!” She raced over to the couple, “What happened to you? It's nearly ten-thirty!”

Nick just shook his head, “Ugh, I just didn't feel well. My head was actually in the toilet. I guess it really didn't agree with me.”

She put her hand on his forehead, “Ew, yeah. You're sick. You're flushed and your clammy. Want me to drive you home?”

Kimberly shook her head, “No, it's okay I can drive.”

“I don't know,” she disagreed. “You look flushed too.” Her brown eyes then narrowed and she smacked Nick on the arm, “YOU'RE SUCH A PERVERT!! You couldn't have waited until you were out of the public eye?!?” She screeched, “Ugh, you're unbelievable, Nick!” She threw her hands up in the air, “God.”

They were busted, there was no way out of it and Nick just grinned. He wasn't ashamed, Hell if he could he would do it all over again, “What? I couldn't help it.”

She rolled her eyes, “Let's get out of here. You're such a pig.”

Kimberly just snickered as Angel kept on lecturing him all the way to the car. She never thought anyone could be so angry about their brother having sex in public. Nick was just letting it go out one ear and through the other, he was used to Angel over reacting like this. He didn't let it bother him that much.

“Well, it was nice meeting you,” said Kimberly to Angel. She was a bit afraid her hooking up with her brother might have tarnished a friendship to bloom, but to her surprise Angel just smiled.

“Yeah, it was fun. You seem pretty cool. Maybe I'll see ya around.” She then looked at Benny, “Ready, babe?”

“Yeah, let's go. See ya guys, hope you can last till the ride home....no pulling over in the breakdown lane...cops will investigate.....trust me I know!”

“Benny!” Scolded Angel.

Nick laughed, “OOHHH what was that?!?”

“Nothing! Goodbye, Nick!” She then jumped in the car and slammed the door.

He snickered and got in the car with Kimberly and headed off. He grabbed her hand and was holding it throughout the ride, talking about the park and he was making sure she had a good time. He had a smile in his voice as he was talking to her and she couldn't seem to stop smiling either. She had never been this happy....and in love. But she would keep that to herself....for now.

Soon they pulled up into Kimberly's driveway and sat there for a few minutes. Kimberly was turned to Nick, “I can't even start to describe what an amazing time I had with you tonight. You really made my birthday perfect.”

He grinned, “I tried.” He brushed her hair from her face, “I'm glad you had a good time.” He leaned over and pressed his lips onto hers, “I know I did,” he said, with a smirk. “Thank you...”

She looked at him confused, “What are you thanking me for?” She wondered, “Shouldn't I be the one thanking you?” She asked, with a small laugh.

He held her face as his tongue went into her mouth, gently flicking over hers, “I know you don't just sleep with anyone....and at a public bathroom,” he scoffed up a laugh. “So I think that counts for something.”

“Nick,” she whispered. “I like you so much....I can only become intimate with someone if I have strong feelings for them. And trust me, I have strong feelings for you.” She then turned away, feeling fear overcome her once again.

He noticed it and become concerned, “What's wrong?”

She looked at him with serious eyes, “Please promise me I wasn't just some lay you were trying to get or something.”

He saw the fear in her green eyes from the moonlight and he tangled his hand into her hair, “I promise you're so much more to me than that.” He leaned over and put his lips to her ear, “I won't hurt you.”

She wiped the tears forming in her eyes and she hugged him, “I so wish you didn't have to go and could just spend the night with me.”

He groaned , “Baby Angel, you have no idea how good that sounds. But your roommate...just for now we need to keep us on the downlow. I know I probably shouldn't have taken you out in the public like that....but like I said, it's your birthday,” he added with a smile.

“I hate Laura sometimes.”

“I do too,” he admitted. He then saw a person approaching them, “Shit,” he mumbled and he quickly scampered through his glove box and took out a big blue fisherman's hat and some dark shades.

Kimberly looked up and saw Laura walking up to the car, Nick put his head down. She looked at him seeing his position, she didn't know what to do or say. She felt panic wash over her. She took a deep breath before rolling down her window, “Laura, what do you want?” She demanded.

“I just wanted to meet your new boytoy.” She glanced over at him, “Hey, I'm Laura,” she said, seductively. “Hope you're treating my friend, Kimmie good.”

Kimberly could not believe it....she was flirting with him! How the fuck dare her?!? Anger began to build up in her eyes, “We were in the middle of something,” she snapped. “Do you mind?!?”

“No, not at all.” She then looked at Nick, “So you're the famous, Dave, huh? We all should hang out sometime....I promise to be nice,” she giggled.

Nick then snapped in her direction and changed his voice so that it was deeper and highly unrecognizable, “No thanks. I'm not too keen on sluts.”

Kimberly's jaw dropped and Laura she just looked appalled, “Excuse me?!?” She snarled, “Slut? I am not a slut, you don't even know me.” She then glared at Kimberly, “What the hell are you telling him about me?” Her eyes then went back on the man in the front seat with the big sunglasses and hat, “It's night time why the Hell are you even wearing that? Wow, loser,”she mumbled. She then turned her direction towards Kimberly once again, “You sure know how to pick them. No wonder why you don't wanna give it up to him, he's ugly, Kim. I'll show you a real man.” Nick coughed out a laugh, Laura just ignored him, “I'll see you inside, Kim.” She scoffed at him once more before turning her back and storming into the house.

He took off his glasses and hat, “I need to get you out of here.”

She looked at him confused, “What?”

“Did you not see what she just tried to do? Imagine if I was a creep and let her...” he shook his head in disgust, “She's not a good friend.” He then shifted his body so that he was facing her, “Baby Angel, I worry about you....I can see why she gets to your self esteem so much.” He rubbed her arm, “I want you happy and she's....she's a whore.”

She laughed, “Yep, that's Laura. But you really don't need to worry about me.” She then wrapped her arms around him, pressing her cheek against his chest, “I am happy....with you.”

He kissed her on top of the head, “I just don't like how she treats you, that's all.”

Kimberly glanced up so that she was looking him in the eyes, “I know, but I'll be okay. When the lease is up I'll find a new place to live.”

“If you want....you can stay at my place in the Keys.”

She pulled out of his hold and looked at him surprised, “What?”

He saw the excitement flare in her eyes, “You like that idea?”

She shook her head, “No, I can't. It's too far from my work. That's like what five hours?”

“Who ever said about you needing to work?” He asked, as a curve formed around his lips, “Baby Angel, let me take care of you.”

She groaned, “Nick, we've been through this.”

He sighed, “I know....I just wish I knew why you don't want me to help you.”

She laughed, “That's not helping, that's you supporting me. I like to work, I like making my own money.”

He sighed in defeat, “I hate how stubborn you are.”

She grinned, “You loveeee it.” Kimberly hugged him once more, “I love how you want to take care of me. I've never had anyone care for me the way you do.” She closed her eyes, “You're so perfect, you make it far to easy to love you.”

His hand rubbed her back, “I make it easy? I don't think I do....I'm pretty difficult to love actually. I'm a pain in the ass, too stubborn, don't have enough time to spend with the ones I love.” He sighed, “It's really depressingly actually....I used to feel I wasn't even capable of love. I guess in a way I just felt it was too hard for someone to sacrifice everything just for me. They'd have to leave their job if they wanted to be with me all the time, because of tour and shit....or they wouldn't see me for months at a time and that's the worst I think.”

Kimberly could hear the depression in his voice and she pulled away, a bit and pressed her lips onto his. She then hugged him tightly, pressing her lips against his earlobe, “If you're worried about me leaving because of your crazy life style you're wrong. I'm not going anywhere, Nick.” She then pulled away, “I'll stay as long as you want me to.”

“I'm always going to want you to,” he confessed. He took her hand and kissed it, “You're too good for me, I can tell.”

She laughed, “I think it's the other way around. I've never been so happy with anyone before. I like being able to wake up to a smile.”

“Fuck it,” he groaned.

She looked at him confused, “What?”

“Let's just drive to my place,” he said, with a laugh.

She smiled, “Baby, I would but I have to work tomorrow.”

He sighed, “I wish you'd leave that job. I don't like how he treats you.”

She laughed, “It seems you don't like how anyone treats me.”

He shrugged, “You deserve the best and you're not getting it.”

Kimberly leaned against him once more, just loving how his arms would embrace her, “I think I'm getting it right here,” she whispered.

He smiled and kissed her on top of the head. She let out a yawn, “I guess I should let you sleep.”

“Eh....sleep is for the weak.”

“Come on, babe. You should sleep. You did have a long day.” He then grinned, “I'll take full credit for wearing you out.”

She laughed and sat up, “You do deserve that.” She sighed, hating that she had to leave, wishing she could just stay and keep talking to him, “I guess I should go....before I pass out on you. I had such an amazing time tonight, Nick. Thank you so much.”

“It was my pleasure,” he replied with a smirk. He sweetly kissed her on the mouth, “See you soon?”

She smiled, “I'm counting on it.” She opened the door and was about to stop out of the car, but Nick grabbed her arm.

“One more for the road,” he huskily said, before crashing his mouth against hers. She groaned over his lips, as she felt his teeth nibbling on her bottom lip. His hands began to wonder her body, running down her stomach, to her legs. He began to slowly lift her dress so that his hands began to slide up her thighs, Kimberly could feel herself becoming turned on, waiting for him to touch her forbidden area. His hand rubbed over her underwear for a moment, before pulling away, “Now have hot wet dreams for me,” he grinned.

She looked at him appalled, “That was not fair!”

He laughed, “Trust me....I know. I'm almost ready to take you and pin you in the backseat and fuck the shit out of you again.”

“What's stopping you?” She moaned.

He laughed, “I never would have thought you'd be such a little nympho.” He kissed her jaw line and down to her neck, “I love this side of you, Baby Angel. But the guys and I have some interview we gotta do. So this is going to have to wait. Dream of me,” he whispered, as he nibbled on her earlobe.

Kimberly put her hand on his pants and felt his thick member through the fabric, “Only if you promise the same.”

He moaned, “Oh, trust me that won't be a problem.” He licked his lips, “I think you should go before I lose all self control.”

She smirked, “Maybe that's what I'm hoping.”

He groaned, “Oh baby, you're killing me,” he gripped her beasts in his hands. “Soon, real soon.”

She smiled, “Okay.” She softly kissed him once more, “Goodnight, Nick.”

He smiled, “Night, Baby Angel.”

Kimberly then got out of the car an walked into the apartment, feeling like she was on cloud nine. She had a feeling he knew she was falling in love with him and it seemed he was feeling the same way.

“That guy is a complete douche bag. What is with you and douche bags?!?” Demanded Laura.

“Laura, you were flirting with my boyfriend!” She snapped, “He was only calling them like he saw. So don't be all pissed off, because he called you out.”

“EXCUSE ME?!?” She screamed, “I was not flirting with that guy.....he's so ugly, Kim!!!! Unlike you I set my standards higher.”

She laughed, “Yeah, fucking every guy you meet....I don't think those are great standards. And trust me, he's not ugly. Well, I'm going to bed....I'm tired, had a long fun day.”

Laura's brown eyes blew up, “Oh My God! You fucked him, didn't you?!?” She then laughed, “And he called me the slut?”

Kimberly stared at her with hard eyes, “I had sex with someone I care about a lot. I don't just fuck the next thing I see. I sometimes worry about you.”

“Worry about me....why?”

“That you think so low of yourself that you have to just fuck everyone. I mean, you said you liked Ronny, but you wanted Nick Carter. You have sex with so many people it makes me wonder if you have some sort of STD you don't know about. You seriously should get check.”

Laura's eyes turned dark, “Oh, fuck you, Kim! Just because you finally got some doesn't mean you can act all high and mighty. You and this guy obviously deserve each other....you're both pathetic.”

Kimberly just laughed and that got her angry. She just shook her head at Laura in pity, “Goodnight.”

She didn't care what Laura thought of her anymore, she was happy and nothing was going to ruin that. Laura was jealous....for the first time Kimberly was seeing everything clearly. She was always so mean to her was because she just may have been jealous of her this whole time. That just blew her mind. As Kimberly laid down in her bed she jumped from her phone going off. She smirked as she read it...it was from him.

I'm glad you had a good birthday
Sleep well, Baby Angel
And remember dream of me...in the worst way ;)



Kimberly felt her body tremble from reading that text. She quickly replied and laid her phone down next to her. Her heart was jumping out of control as she kept on thinking about her day with him. She closed her eyes and there was no question about it. She was in love....
Low Blow by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 10 ~



The next day the Backstreet Boys had to do an interview on a local talk show. Nick didn’t want to go, it was supposed to be his vacation, but of course since they had recently released an album there was no such thing as vacation. As they got ready to go on stage, he felt the hard glare from AJ. Nick hasn’t been around much, not since he met Kimberly and the other guys knew exactly where he was. Kevin told him as long as this girl didn’t interfere with his duties he didn’t care what he did in his downtime. AJ on the other hand did….far too much. Brian was trying to get Nick to open up to him about this new girl, but he kept on shutting him down. He didn’t want them to know anything about her. He was afraid they'd use her against him and that was the last thing he wanted.

“Nick, I’m your friend,” Brian told him. “You used to be able to tell me everything.”

“Why do you want to know so much?” He demanded, “So you can go run and tell AJ or Kevin about her? I don’t think so. I don’t want her to have anything to do with you guys.”

Brian looked hurt; those words actually stung. He just shook his head, “What’s this girl doing to you?” He then walked away, Nick used to be his best friend….where did he go?

He felt the guilt eat at him and he tried to ignore it, but he couldn’t. Brian was his best friend…or at least used to be. He never defended him anymore, they used to be Frick and Frack, but not since last year. Nick walked over to Brian and sighed, “Look, I’m sorry. I just know how AJ feels about her and it pisses me off that he’s so against me seeing a normal girl.”

“Last time I checked I wasn’t AJ.”

Nick knew he was right, and he just nodded, “You're right...”

So he decided to let him on in their relationship and how he felt about her. This girl was driving him wild and that night in the bathroom….it just made him want to ravish her and make her cry his name. But it wasn’t just the sex, it was her. He felt like he was in love with her…yes, Nick knew that he always fell for girls far too easy, but this one was different somehow. She was genuine and pure…she was for real. She didn’t have a front she was putting up. Brian was surprised how much he was into this girl, but he was going to be positive for his friend…even though the other guys weren’t. Kevin tried to pretend, but everyone could see through him easily. Howie was neutral; he didn’t care either way as long as Nick got the job done.


Finally it was time for them to go to the interview. Nick couldn’t wait for this damn thing to be done and over with. He had to fake a smile and pretend to love these guys he was supposed to call brothers…talk about a challenge. He and AJ wanted to rip their heads off and Kevin and him….they weren’t on the best terms, but for the interview they had to put all that behind them…not unless they wanted to hear a story about it. Nick was doing all he could to keep Kimberly in the dark about their struggles, he didn’t want her to worry and he knew she would.

The interview was only about half an hour long, thankfully it wasn’t a long talk show. There were a good amount of Backtreet fans in the audience and he was doing all that he could to be himself and be lovely towards them. But the only girl in his mind was his girlfriend. The questions that were asked were pretty simple…that was until they came to his relationship status. Why did people care so much who he was dating?

“So Nick do you have any lucky girl in your life?” Asked the interviewer, named Rebecca Sunbreaker.

The crowd became quiet and the four other guys turned to him, waiting for his answer. They probably thought he was going to lie and maybe he should have, but he went in public with Kimberly yesterday and he was sure others saw them together. He just smiled into the microphone and girls began to scream, which caused him to laugh, “Well, actually,” he said. “I have been seeing this one girl.”

A few of the girls cried, no or boo. Rebecca looked at him surprised, “Ooh, a new girl in your life,” said the mid-aged blonde woman. “Anyone we know? Is it another public relationship like Paris Hilton?”

He laughed, “No, no. Defiantly not. I learned my lesson,” he said, coughing out another laugh. Nick rubbed the back of his neck, “Nah, she’s just an average girl, someone who I like a lot.”

“Not much of a looker I must add,” commented AJ, with a laugh. “With Nick it’s all about personality,” he said, staring at Nick, with hard eyes. “Gotta love this kid,” he then turned to the audience and smiled.

Nick could feel his jaw clench and he grinded his teeth, wanting nothing more than to just leap over and tackle AJ. He knew he had to keep his cool, he cleared his throat and tried to keep his voice leveled, because he could feel his temper rising and his hands trembling; he was livid. “I think this girl is beautiful,” he said in a low voice. He then looked into the crowd and smiled, “I think all women are beautiful…I’m the kind of guy where size and appearance aren’t a must.” Girls began to scream at his words and he chuckled, “I think each and every one of you is beautiful. And I think it’s very sad when people…” he eyed AJ with sharp eyes, “Have to judge someone before even knowing them. But some people are just shady like that,” again he eyed AJ. “I pity people like that…” he then felt antagonism come out when he said, “I pity you, AJ.”

The three other guys looked at Nick with a shock expression….even AJ was horrified with his outburst. Fans suddenly stopped cheering and looked at Nick with eyes wide open. Rebecca cleared her throat, “Well…I think we can tense a bit of hostility between you two.”

Nick soon began to panic as he felt all eyes darting on him. What did he just do? He cleared his throat and shook his head, “No.” He then smiled at the audience again, hoping to win their love back, “AJ and I joke around like that a lot.” He then slung his arm around the tattooed man’s neck and pulled him close, “He’s one of my best friends.”

AJ fought rolling his eyes, but he then smiled widely and laughed, “Yeah, Nick sometimes forget we gotta keep our joking down a notch. It’s all fun and games. We have a little bet on women,” he then hoarsely laughed.

Kevin just shook his head disgustfully at Nick. Thankfully the fans bought their little joke and things went back to normal and the interview continued…asking everything but about their relationship status. A few fans got to ask questions as well and after it seemed like the interview wouldn’t be finished, the show had ended and they all went back stage.


“What the Hell was that?!?” Demanded Kevin is a thick voice, “Nick, you went overboard this time! I know you sometimes say stupid things, but that was the icing on the cake!”

“I wouldn’t doubt if there was a nice little review about this show,” mumbled Howie, rolling his eyes.

Nick glared at AJ, “This is all your fucking fault!” He growled, “I mean what the fuck were you thinking when you decided to diss my girlfriend on live television?!?”

He laughed, “Oh yeah, it’s my fault. Go ahead blame your mistakes one everyone else, it’s what you do best. So who you gonna blame when you smarten up and leave this girl?” He laughed, “Gonna blame me too? Blame me for another lousy mistake….”

Nick just couldn’t control it anymore and he grabbed AJ and slammed him against the wall, “Kim isn’t a fucking mistake!” Howie and Kevin had to peal him off of AJ, “I swear to God if you EVER humiliate her in public again I will fucking break your face.”

He laughed again, seeing Kevin and Howie had him in their grasp, “Ooh, I’m so scared,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“You should be!” He hissed.

“Nick! AJ!” Snapped Kevin, “Stop this, I mean it.”

“Let go of me!” Nick barked, breaking free from their clutches, “You are dead to me, AJ…fucking dead to me!” He then stomped away.

“Where are you going?!?” Demanded Brian.

“None of your business!” He then left the building.

Kevin ran his hands through his hair out of frustration, “What the fuck was up with you and saying that?!? You knew it would piss him off.”

“It needed to be said.”

“Who cares what the girl looks like,” said Brian. “Why are you so against her?”

“Because unlike you, I can see her act perfectly. She’s using him, she’s gonna let him spend all her money on him and I bet you anything she’s gonna end up getting plastic surgery to fix that face of hers.”

Howie looked at AJ repulsed, “That’s a bit harsh, don’t you think?”

He shrugged, “I don’t care. I need to get out of here. Who wants to play golf with me for a few before I snap?”

“I’m in,” said Howie.

Brian sighed, “Yeah, sure.” He then looked at Kevin, “You coming?”

He shook his head, “Nah, I’m meeting up with Kristin later. See you guys around.”

AJ shrugged, “Suit yourself. Come on boys.” They all then left the studio and left to play a bit of golf. Hopefully a game would calm him down and he could really open up to why he hated this girl Nick was seeing, it sure seemed there was a lot more to it than he let on.


Nick was so angry; his hands were shuddering on the steering wheel, as he gripped it tightly. He was driving around in circles, he just wanted to see Kimberly so bad, he knew that she would make him feel better, but he also didn’t want her to see him like this. He knew he wouldn’t be able to tell her why he was so upset, he couldn’t possibly tell her that AJ called her ugly on live TV. He prayed to God she didn’t watch the show, he couldn’t even comprehend on how hurt she would be. And if she was in tears when he saw her, he didn’t care anymore…he would just kill AJ. Fucking kill him.

Before he knew it, he pulled up into Angel’s apartment…force of habit. Angel was pretty much his best friend and whenever he was upset or just needed to vent he always came to her. He couldn’t talk to his other family members like he could her, it seemed they just didn’t care. He got out of the vehicle and walked up to the porch and hit the door bell. He ran his trembling hands through his hair, he needed to punch something, he could just imagine how she was feeling, knowing his luck she did see the show. What the fuck was running through AJ's mind?!?

The door then opened and Angel saw him standing there and she looked surprised, “Hey, what’s up?”

“Can I come in?” He asked, almost in a pleading voice.

She nodded and moved aside and he walked in, she shut the door behind him and followed him into the living room where he plopped himself down on the couch. “What’s going on?” She asked, as she sat down next to him, “Did something happen?”

He nodded, “I don’t think I can do it anymore, Ang…I really don’t.”

She looked at her brother confused, “Do….do what? Date a fan?”

“What? NO!” His voice was harsher than intended, but he was just so heated from that damn interview, “AJ – the band! I want out, Angel. I don’t know how much more I’m going to be able to take being in it without killing myself or one of the guys….AJ especially.”

“What brought all this on, Nick?” She demanded, with concern in her voice.

He let out a loud sigh and got up and walked into the kitchen. He was there enough where he knew his way around. He grabbed one of Benny’s beers before returning back to his sister. He snapped it open and took a nice long sip, “I’ve been feeling like this for a while now. At first I thought it was just a phase, I mean you know how I go through these. I want out of the band, I hate the guys, I just want to do my own thing. Then later I get over it….but this time….this time I can’t get over it.”

“What happened?” She whispered.

He sighed, “Ever since I started dating Kim the others have been on my ass about it. Saying she’s no good. I think I’m old enough to make my own damn choices!” He said, raising his voice as if he were reliving their first fight. “AJ has something against her….oh that’s right because she’s not fucking fake as Paris.” He rolled his eyes in annoyance, “He doesn’t think she’s pretty enough for me…at least that’s the vibe I’m getting. We had an interview today and the damn chick had to ask me about my relationship status…so I told her I was seeing a girl I liked.”

“Why didn’t you just lie?” She wondered, “You always do when it comes to that kind of stuff.”

He groaned, “Yeah, I know I do.” He took another sip, “But I kind of made it known last night at Disney….and well I’m getting fucking sick of lying! Why the fuck can’t I just be a guy that likes a regular girl?”

“Who said you can’t?”

“EVERYONE!!!” He roared, “Every fucking person! Last year when I was just hanging out with your friend Lauren, remember what happened? Everyone was saying how ugly she was….we weren’t even dating….apparently I’m not even allowed to be friends with regular girls either now?!?”

Angel just shrugged, “Fans think you’re this hot guy and I guess they want you to be with a hot girl.”

He let out a loud laugh, “Yeah….well there are two things wrong with that. One the hot girl is either completely fake or the fans will say what a slut she is because she’s on my arm.” He shook his head, “I sometimes….I sometimes want out of this whole fame thing, you know?”

Angel sighed, “I know, Nick.” She hugged him, “It’ll be okay though. I know you’re having a bad day, but you’ll see it through….you always do,” she said, with half a smile.

He sighed as he pulled away, “I don’t think so. So when I told the interviewer about the girl I liked AJ says, not much of a looker I must add. I mean what the fuck?!?”

“Wow, he said that?”

“Yes!”

Nick put the beer can on the coffee table and dropped his head and ran his hands through his hair, “What if she saw it? What if she’s crying her eyes out right now?” He looked up at his sister, “I will kill him, Angel…”

“Why don’t you just stay here for a while and chill out….does that sound good?”

He nodded, “Yeah…” His phone then beeped and he saw it was from Kimberly, “Shit….it’s Kim. What if she’s upset from the show?”

“Want me to read it?”

He shook his head, “Nah.” He took a deep breath before opening the message.

So I just wanted to tell you
I thought of you none-stop last night
I wished so badly you were sleeping me with me
Although I don't think we'd be sleeping ;)
Miss you so much
Hope you had a good interview
Well, gotta go my break's almost over
Talk to you soon =p


Relief soon swept over him and paranoia got replaced with excitement. A smile formed around his mouth. Funny how one little text message could put him in such a better mood.

Angel saw the suddenly change in his attitude and she smirked, “Looks like she didn’t see the show?” She truly loved how this girl made her brother feel. And who cared if she wasn’t a size three or a model? He was happy and that was all she cared about, she didn’t understand why the others couldn’t see that either.

He shook his head, “Nope,” he said, as his smile grew wide.

“Well, good!” She said, with a pleased look, “So now you can stop stressing.”

He bit his bottom lip as he looked up at his sister, “Angel…I-I think I love her.”

Her brown eyes bulged out of her head, “Nick! You barely know the girl. You can’t be saying stuff like this…I know you like her a lot, but take it down a notch.”

“She’s different than the other girls I've been with. I mean, you met her, you know she’s like no one I ever dated before. She likes me for who I am, she cares about me.”

She sighed, “You’re infatuated, Nick,” she told him. “You don’t want to ruin it by blurting something like that out! It’s been what? Only a week? Take it easy, please. God, you’re just like Aaron,” she mumbled.

“What?”

“You and him always jump so fast into relationships and say I love you, let’s get married. Yady yady ya.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “I’m not gonna marry her, Angel. I just love how she makes me feel…especially when the guys are pushing me to my last nerve.”

“Does she know that you and the other boys are having problems?”

“No!” He almost shouted, “I don’t want her to know anything that goes on with them.”

“Well, what are you going to do, Nick?” She demanded, “Are you gonna leave the band?”

He sighed, “I don’t know,” he mumbled as he dropped his head. “I try not to think about it.”

Benny then walked in, “Hey, Nick,” he said, with a wide smile.

Nick raised an eyebrow, “Hi...what are you so happy about?”

“My sister’s in town! She’s gonna visit us for a bit.”

“Oh, yeah!” Said Angel, standing up, “Is she here?”

“Yeah.” Benny turned his head and called, “Cassie, in here.”

Nick’s eyes grew at the sight of the woman that walked in. She had red curly hair that went down to her lower back and deep blue eyes. She was wearing a jean skirt that was a little higher than her knee and a black button up blouse that was far too tight around her breasts. He swallowed hard when he saw her.

Once she saw him her face grew with excitement, “Oh My God, you didn’t say he would be here.”

Angel wasn’t thrilled that her boyfriend’ sister was a huge Backstreet fan, but she was trying to cope with it. “Yeah, he just came to stop by for a little bit.”

Nick then stood up, “Actually…I was – I was just leaving. Thanks, Angel for letting me vent.”

“Where are you gonna go, Nick?”

He shrugged, “Back to the hotel I guess. Kim’s at work.”

“Why don’t you just stay here?” Smiled Cassie. She walked closer towards him and couldn’t help herself as she hugged him, “I’m sorry…I’m a fan.”

He laughed, “Yeah, I kind of got that.” He hesitantly embraced her.

“Cas,” said Benny. “Kim’s his girlfriend.”

She dropped her arms, “Oh…” disappointment grew across her face. At least she wasn’t the kind of girl to not care and still try to get in his pants.

“Yeah, Nick,” said Angel. “Just stay for a little bit. I promise to make sure all hands are off,” and her eyes darted towards Cassie.

“Well, I promised Cas I’d take her out. To a club, she’s twenty one since last month. Want to come, Angie?”

She smiled, “Sure.” She then looked at Nick, “You game?”

He shook his head, “Nah, I’ll just chill here for a bit, I guess. If that’s okay with you? I just need time to unwind.”

She smiled kindly at her brother, “I like that idea.” She hugged him, “Everything will be fine, you’ll see. But remember what I told you about those feelings.”

He rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah.”

“Okay, let’s go,” ordered Angel.

“Aw, Nick you’re not gonna come?”

He shook his head, “No. Have fun….and yeah happy belated birthday.”

Her face glowed, “Thanks!”

The three of them then left the apartment and Nick just plopped himself back down on the couch, thanking God that, that girl was leaving. He pulled out his cell and decided to text Kimberly back, smiling as he did so.

I miss you more Baby Angel
I don't even think you realize how much I would kill
To have been there with you
I thought of you a lot too
I can't wait to see you again
If that dick gives you anymore problems
Don't hesitate to tell me
I'll straighten him out >:)


Nick so desperately wanted to write, I love you, but maybe Angel was right...maybe he was just infatuated. But this feeling felt so real, he didn't know how much more he was going to be able to suppress without exploding and telling her. He sighed, knowing she wouldn’t be replying anytime soon since she was at work. He wished she would just leave that place, he sometimes got worried about that boss of hers. He tried to stop thinking about that and he put his phone down and flicked on the TV. Soon his mind began to wander…to the other guys. He knew it was stupid of him to make that remake about AJ, but he got him so fucking mad! He wished he knew why he hated Kimberly so much, she did nothing to him. It pissed him off to know he would go to the extreme to try to humiliate her on national television. The band wasn’t like it used to be, he was growing further apart from them and he could feel the distance eating him up inside. He just didn’t know what to do anymore.



AJ and the other two guys went to a small golf course, to relax. The tension was still there, but golf usually helped the boys when they were stressed – it was their stress reliever. Although, AJ couldn’t seem to calm down, he was still pissed off with the whole interview incident. How the hell could Nick have an outburst like that?!? Sure, it wasn’t smart to provoke him…he knew that Nick was going to be furious with his little comment about his new girlfriend. But he could have kept his cool! Saying he pitied him on live TV. What if girls thought low of him now? Did he just set a bad name for himself? Admitting that he was shallow?

“So how long do you think until we’re in the headlines?” Questioned Howie, breaking AJ’s train of thought.

Brian let out a loud sigh, “Man, I don’t even want to think about that.” He held his golf club and gently hit the ball until it just missed the hole by a few inches, “Damn,” he mumbled.

“If Nick wasn’t such a pansy, we wouldn’t even be in this mess with the begin with,” grumbled AJ, as he swung hard, seeing his ball fly through the air.

“Nice arm,” said Howie, in a bit of awe.

“Just pretending its Nick’s face,” he answered, with a rough laugh.

Brian studied AJ for a few seconds, “What do you have against him seeing this girl anyway? I know we’re not that thrilled that he’s seeing her, but you seem to be taking it to the next level.”

AJ looked at him annoyed that he would even ask such a question, “Do you not see what this girl is doing to him?!? How much of a dick he’s being?” He shook his head in disgust, “It’s so easy for a girl to control him. And I bet you anything, she doesn’t even give a shit about him. Just like all the other ones. He’s so desperate to find love,” he said, in a feminine voice. “That he doesn’t care who it’s with.”

Brian couldn’t disagree the way Nick told him how he felt about her, the way she made him feel...how he could actually be a regular guy around her. It sounded to him that Nick was in love with her. He just prayed that this girl felt the same….he remembered when Paris and him broke up. He wouldn’t admit it, but he truly loved that woman…then she tore his heart in two and made him out like he was a woman beater. “I hope your wrong…Nick's crazy about this one.”

He scoffed up a laugh, “He probably loves how easy she is.”

“Why do you care so much?” Wondered Howie.

“Because he attacked me because of that slut!” He raged, “He nearly broke my nose…for a fucking girl!”

They all were walking towards his ball and it was a good ways down the hill they were on. Finally they found it and he swung again, but missed. He hit it harder, taking the soil with the impact, that time the ball only went a few feet.

“Maybe you just need to be easy on him,” suggested Howie. “You’re not helping by calling her names. No offense but what you said at the interview was a low blow.”

“Hey!” He snapped, “Whose side are you on anyway?”

“I’m on no one’s side,” he admitted. “But the way you two are always going at it, you’re gonna tear the group apart.”

Brian studied AJ’s facial expression and could see fear was in eyes. The last thing he wanted to do was cause the group to split up, “AJ, do you think you’re jealous?”

“JEALOUS?!?” He almost yelled, he looked at Brian in appall, “Why the fuck would I be jealous?!? Have you seen that girl?”

“I think she’s kind of cute,” commented Howie, with a smirk.

“Well, you always had bad taste in women,” he harshly spat.

“What are you saying?” He demanded, feeling offended, “You saying Leigh is ugly?” His voice sharp, “That is my fiancee you’re talking about, so watch yourself.”

AJ had never seen that side of Howie, although no one had ever insulted any of his women before. Howie was his best friend he didn’t want to start anything with him, “Look, I’m sorry…Leigh’s hot,” he lied. He never found her appealing, but that was probably a good thing, because he would have fought for her. He remembered when Brian first met Leighanne, he thought she was pretty hot and he tried to nab her…but she wouldn’t give him the time or day. Brian was the one who won her over....he still was bewildered by that. Now they were married, what did Brian have that he didn't?

Howie could tell he wasn’t being sincere and that pissed him off, “It’s no wonder why you’re still single,” he mumbled, but AJ heard and hearing it from him...that actually stung.

“I don’t mean jealous of her,” continued Brian. “But of what he has…you never seem to do well with relationships. Do you want someone like he has?”

AJ then laughed, “No thank you! Commitment is defiantly not something I do well with. I don’t know how you guys do it….having a woman by your side constantly, knowing everything you do.” He shuttered, “Defiantly not for me. I’m happy with just being a bachelor.”

But sadness slowly began to sink in….maybe that was one of the reasons why he disliked Kimberly so much. Nick seemed much happier with her; he was glowing and had someone when he was in need. What did AJ have? Nothing. All of the other guys had that too. Maybe he just thought Nick was like him, happy with having one night stands. They used to be best friends, going to clubs together, hooking up with girls. Was he actually jealous? Or maybe he was just upset that he no longer had his clubbing buddy.

Thunder sounded the sky and within a few seconds, lightening.

“Come on, let’s get going,” ordered Brian.

“This game blows anyway,” mumbled AJ, as he walked away from the other two. “I think I’m gonna give Niki a call.”

“Who’s Niki?” Wondered Howie.

“Just some girl I met a few nights ago. Gonna take her to a club...put a few drinks in her,” he said, with a grin.

Brian just shook his head at his tattooed friend. He strongly believed AJ wanted what the others had, he didn’t want to be alone anymore and he was going all about it the wrong way. One night stands were not going to give him that feeling of comfort or closure that he craved. He actually understood what Nick meant, because Brian pitied him too.
Don't Want This Feeling To Go Away by Cartersbitch
Author's Notes:
Pretty Steamy Sex Scene...Enjoy ;)
~ Chapter 11 ~



Time was going by so quickly, this saddened Kimberly because she knew Nick would be needing to leave soon. She hated the fact that he would be gone, she craved him more than a fat kid craved a piece of cake. The more she spent with him the more she found herself falling in love with him. She wanted so badly to tell him, but she was petrified of the rejection – she knew she wouldn't be able to bare it. But the way he kissed her, talked to her...touched her. She truly thought the chance of him feeling the same was high. He was a man and of course he craved sex, and he did not hound her with it. Not like how most men would have. They hadn't had any intercourse since that day at Disney Land. It was by choice of course, but oh how she missed the way he turned her on, how he ravished her body. She just had to make sure that wasn't all he was after and he was proving himself beyond worthy. He would still would kiss her so passionately she could feel the heat...oh how her body craved for him to touch her in the worst way, but she promised herself she wouldn't give in so easily. Although she did allow his hands to wander, as they glided over her shirt, teasing her breasts as they grazed her – she was torturing herself...she was getting so close on giving him and fucking him like an animal.

Things have been wonderful at work; Greg gave her the raise without any questions asked. He barely spoke to her except when needed to – work-wise...although sometimes he did ask about Nick. That made her feel a little uncomfortable, why did she care so much about him? Maybe he finally figured out who he was and knew he would be leaving soon. What would happen once he did leave? Would Greg turn into his normal bastard self because he knew Nick wasn't there to protect her? That frightened her.



Kimberly was in her room getting ready for a date with Nick. He had told her he wanted to do something nice. Lately they had just been staying at Angel's, that seemed the only place they could really be able to relax. Kimberly loved being able to cuddle with him on the couch while watching a movie with his arm wrapped around her. She just loved to be near him period. She felt like she was going to explode if she didn't tell him how she truly felt.

She looked herself in the mirror, she was wearing a black dress that went a few inches above her knee with black three in heel shoes, with an open toe, showing her purple nail polish. The top was tight around her bust, showing a good amount of cleavage. Nick had called her last night and told her that he wanted to do something special, so wear something sexy. She wore her hair up in a black clip, causing small strands to fall and frame her face beautifully. She decided to crimp the strands that escaped. After she applied her make up, she looked in the mirror and couldn't get over how attractive she looked. She smiled as she stared back at the reflection.

There was a knock at her door and Laura walked in, “Do you have any red lip...” she trailed off once she looked at her roommate, “Oh My God...Kim!”

She turned to her, “What?” Not understanding her tone of voice. If she even thought for a moment she was going to try to tell her how the dress didn't fit her frame, or how her make up was all wrong. She knew her roommate far too well and was waiting for her to degrade her on her outfit – the one night where she felt beautiful. She was not going to let Laura ruin it, she just wasn't. She held her ground and was going to be strong.

Laura had to blink her chocolate eyes a few times, “Wow...you look....well good!” She never realized how difficult that was for her to say before, probably because she couldn't recall a time where she looked this lovely.

Kimberly raised her thin eyebrow at her baffled roommate and let out a small chuckle, “Thanks.” She then finished applying her light pink lip gloss, “I'm going out with Ni – ” She cleared her throat real quick, “With Dave tonight.” She silently cussed at herself, that was close...too close. If Laura ever found out that she was actually seeing Nick Carter – she didn't even want to think about the outcome.

“Again?!?”

She nodded, “Yep,” she answered, as she dropped the lip gloss into her small black leather hand bag.

Laura scrunched up her nose, “Why? Kim, you can do so much better. I mean, he's such a prick. And he isn't even hot.”

Kimberly let out a loud laugh, if only she knew who he was. She knew she would not be saying he wasn't attractive. She then turned to her, “First off, it was dark when you saw him and like I told you, he was only a dick to you because you were flirting with him in front of me,” she said, as she grinded her teeth. Remembering that night where she was far too friendly to her boyfriend, made her want to jump out the car and do harmful things to this woman she used to call a friend. Everything with Laura now a days seemed past tense.

Laura rolled her eyes, “Oh please! What did I tell you before? I was not flirting with him! Ugh, I can't even believe you let that guy brainwash you. I'm your friend, I would never go after a guy that you liked.”

Kimberly had to bite her tongue, because she knew that was a load of shit. She had in the past and she still didn't know how she actually forgave her. Thankfully she heard a horn beep and smiled, knowing who it was, “Oh, that's my ride...gotta go!”

“Whatever,” she mumbled.

Kimberly quickly ran out of the room and down the stairs. She had been searching for apartments; she was planning on moving out sooner than she thought. She just couldn't take Laura's attitude any longer and it would be nice to actually have her boyfriend stay at her place without her roommate going all psycho. She had been talking to Ashley about it and she was pumped for her best friend, although she wished badly that Kimberly would move away from Florida and to California with her – and the thought has crossed her mind once or twice.

She took a deep breath before opening the front door and she quickly walked to the black car that was running in the driveway. She got in and smiled, “Hey.” Even though the only source of light at the moment were the moon and stars, he still looked as divine as ever.

His response; gently pulling her close and catching her lips with his. She felt herself quivering as he gently nibbled on her lower lip, “Hello,” he raspily whispered, as he pulled away. She could feel her heart flutter from his seductive tone, “Mmm, you taste so good,” he murmured over her lips before sneaking in for another kiss, adding a hint of passion as his tongue began to rape hers.

When she pulled away she could feel chills running down her spine, “Wow.”

He laughed, “I think wow's an understatement.” He then pulled away and put the car in drive, “So I hope you're hungry, Baby Angel.”

She bit on her bottom lip, “Mmm, I think I'm hungry for one thing.”

He raised both of eyebrows, causing Kimberly to softly giggle. He then pulled out of the driveway, “So are you hungry?” He asked, glancing at her.

She nodded, “A little,” she answered, with a small curve to her lips.

He grinned and with the hand that was locked with her, he rubbed his thumb on the surface of her hand. She could feel her heart jumping from his smile. She felt like a school girl all over again. She rested her head against his shoulder and he freed his hand from hers and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. During the ride, he was asking about Greg and making sure he wasn't back to his old ways. She answered honestly and even added the part about him asking about him. He looked at her weird, but shrugged. And told her to make sure if he does anything to upset her to make sure she went right to him – he'd defiantly straighten him out....again. She promised, she then told him about the apartment search and he seemed more pleased about that. He really wanted her out of that place; he despised Laura and he barely even knew her. But from that one night she did not make a good impression and from the way he heard Kimberly speak of her. But what really made him dislike that woman was how she caused Kimberly to cry by telling her she wasn't pretty enough to keep a man, that she would have to sleep with him. He shook his head in disgust, that girl needed to be smacked; maybe he should let Angel take a go at her. He knew she would be more than happy to.

Within about half an hour, Nick pulled into a parking lot of a restaurant named The Ground Round. Kimberly had never heard of this before and she lived fairly close to it. While she was still in thought, Nick was already out of the car and soon her door open. He was standing there with his hand out, “Shall we?” He asked, with a sly grin.

She felt her heart skip a beat, as the moonlight pounded down on him; he looked more angelic than an angel. His blonde hair spiked like tiny thorns and the way his blue eyes were bluer than the deepest ocean….and she couldn’t forget the way the smirk was curved around his perfect lips like a hook. She then noticed his white dress shirt loosely hung from his body and how a few of the buttons were not snapped, allowing her to see a small amount of his chest. She had to bite on her lower lip to contain herself from saying or doing certain things.

She took a deep breath and held out her hand with a bright smile and got out of the car. Once she closed the car door, her back was gently pressed against it and soon Nick’s lips were onto hers. His hands slowly sliding down to her sides as his tongue glided against hers. This was not at all making it easy on her. She softly groaned as she felt him gently nibble on her bottom lip, “Nick,” she moaned.

He smiled as he pulled away, “Sorry,” he murmured. “Sometimes you make me lose self control.” He then licked his lips, “You look so beautiful.” Both hands cupped her head and he pressed his lips onto hers once more, “Tonight is going to be a challenge.”

She grinned, “Is that so?”

He groaned, “Yes.” He then laughed, “But I’ll do my best to stay strong.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around him, as she held him close; inhaling his intoxicating scent. He always smelt delicious, “Don’t stay too strong, okay?” She peaked up and saw the flicker of lust in his eyes and a large grin formed around his mouth.

“Okay, not too strong,” he corrected, with a smirk.

She smiled and pulled away, he held her hand as they entered the restaurant. She felt his eyes on her as they entered. “What?” She couldn't fight the smile that was stretching out on her full lips.

“I’m going to fail tonight.”

She raised an eyebrow, “Fail?”

He nodded, “Indeed. I knew you looked beautiful – but my God, Kim. I swear, you’re trying to kill me.”

She softly giggled, “Now why would I want to do a thing like that?” She teased.

“I somehow think it’s your master plan,” he amused.

“Or maybe I just don’t want you to be good tonight.”

The way her lips turned into a small smirk from those words and the way her eyes stared at him with full with seduction; he knew that it was a losing battle. He was trying so hard to control his sexual attraction towards her, to prove to her the sex didn’t matter. But it were as if a bolt of lightning was shot through him and he knew before the night was over he was going to have her. Have her in the way he’s been craving since the day he’s met her; make her cry his name as he pleased her. He could feel himself getting excited just thinking about it.

They soon walked over to a woman behind a black marble podium, “Yes, may I help you?” The middle-aged red haired hostess asked, in a southern accent.

Nick cleared his throat, “Yes. Reservations for Carter?”

The woman opened the black thin book that had a list of names and her eyes skimmed through them all. Until she looked up at him with a smile, “Ah, yes. Mr. Nick Carter.” She turned her head, “Bryan!” She then clapped her hands, “Please help Mr. Carter and his guest to their table.”

He nodded and walked over to the couple, “Please follow me,” he kindly said, as he smiled shyly at Kimberly.

Nick’s eyes flickered towards him and he possessively wrapped his arm around Kimberly’s waist, pulling her near. Making sure this little bus boy knew that she belonged to him so he should be staring elsewhere. Kimberly could feel a thrill rush go through her. She saw the way Nick’s blue eyes turned sharp and how his arm secured her waist. She never had anyone that was the protective jealous type – she liked knowing he didn’t want anyone else looking at her. She had never that feeling; sure she saw it happen to Laura all the time, but never her. The timid boy quickly turned his gaze away and led them their booth.

“You’re waitress will be here shortly,” he quietly said in his crackly voice.

Kimberly smiled at him, “Thank you.” She then looked at Nick and laughed, “I think you scared that guy half to death.”

He grinned, “Good. That was the point. I swear, he was undressing you with his eyes.”

She laughed again, “I think that’s pushing it a bit. He looks like he’s still in high school…” she then paused and smiled. “Although, I think I might be lying if I said I didn’t find that a bit of a turn on.”

He raised an eyebrow, “Oh yeah?”

She giggled at his expression, “Yes.”

Moments later a lovely waitress walked over, “Hello,” said the cute blonde. “Would you like anything to drink?”

“Yes,” said Kimberly, opening the menu. “Can I get a Sex On The Beach?” Nick grinned and she tried to suppress her laugh and fought the twitching of her lips from smirking. She already knew what he was thinking.

“Of course. But I’ll need to see your ID please.”

She dug into her purse and pulled out her wallet to grab her photo ID. The waitress took it and examined it to make sure it wasn’t a fraud, “Wow, you really don’t look twenty-three.”

Kimberly took it and laugh, “Thanks….I get that a lot.”

“I probably look like I’m robbing the cradle,” teased Nick.

The girl laughed at him, “And what would you like, Mr. Carter?” She asked in a much more friendly tone. Kimberly watched as the girl seductively licked her lips as she stared at him and Kimberly could feel a fire flare in her. Now she might have understood how he felt when that boy was smiling at her, but this feeling…she wanted it to go away.

He shrugged, “I guess I’ll get a Budwiser,” he finally answered.

“And do you know what you would like to eat?” Her eyes were only on him, almost like her big brown eyes were glued to him.

“Nah, not yet. Give us a few more minutes.” She nodded, “Okay.” She then looked back at Kimberly and smiled “Your drinks will be right up.” She then walked away, glancing at Nick one more time.

“If she stayed any longer I think there would have been a cat fight.”

Nick looked at his girlfriend and laughed, “Oh really? That would be something to see.”

“I couldn’t believe the way she was acting around you! Especially with the what would you like to eat part. I already knew what she was thinking,” she said, shaking her head in disgust.

Nick grinned, “Baby Angel, were you….jealous?”

She smirked, “Maybe a little…”

“Mmm, I like that wild cat side of you.” He reached his hand out and placed it on top of hers, “But you know, I only have eyes for you. That girl did nothing for me. To me you’re the only one I want – no one even comes to close to you.”

Kimberly could feel her face grow hot, “You make me feel so good.”

He smiled, “Good.” He brought her hand up to his lips and he planted a small kiss on her knuckles, “I’m glad. I want you happy.”

“You do make me happy…you make me feel beautiful.”

“So my mission is complete then.”

“Mission?” She questioned, with a raised eyebrow, “And what mission would that be?”

“To make you realize how beautiful you are,” he said, with a sleek smile.

She smiled and bit on her bottom lip as she looked do the red table cloth. She then pulled her hand away and opened the menu, Nick did the same. Soon the waitress walked back over and asked them what they wanted and after they both told her she was on her way. She tried flirting with Nick a bit, but he ignored her – leaving her completely dissatisfied. He hated when girls would come onto him while he was obvious out with a girlfriend. Some girls just had no respect and that was what pissed him off the most about them.

Kimberly snickered, “I don’t think she likes me very much.”

He shrugged, “Who cares? She’s not at all important. So I was thinking of you the other day and I got you a little something.”

Excitement filled her green eyes, “You did?” Nick smiled seeing her reaction, “You didn’t have to do that! I don’t need anything.” Even though she couldn't hide the smile in her voice, no one had ever done anything out of the blue for her. But she didn't want him to think she was one of those kind of girls.

“I know….I wanted to. You never ask for anything – Hell, you didn’t even ask anything for your birthday!”

“That’s because I already got what I wanted,” she answered, with a smirk.

He smiled wide, allowing his white teeth to be shown, “I wouldn’t call that a birthday gift,” he said, with a laugh. “Anyway,” he continued, as he dug into his pocket in his black jeans and pulled out a black long box. “I hope you like it – I had it made for you.”

“Made for me?!? Nick, you shouldn’t go spending your money on me like that.”

Before he could argue, the waitress brought the food over, simply saying enjoy your meal and walked away. Kimberly decided this girl didn’t deserve a good tip, she was being rude. Yes, so sorry her boyfriend wasn’t flirting with the little skank while she was right there!

“This is why I did it….because you don’t expect it.”

She smiled as she took the box from him and opened it up, and she lost her breath for a few moments. She could feel her eyes tears up as she stared at the sterling silver necklace with the charm that was made of tiny diamonds that said Baby Angel. She looked up at him with swelled eyes, “It’s beautiful,” she whispered.

He smiled, “I knew you’d like it. Consider it a belated birthday gift.”

“Why are you so perfect?”

He smirked, “One of my flaws,” he teased.

Kimberly took it out of the box and clipped it around her neck, “I love it – thank you so much.”

He loved the way her face would glow when he would do small things like buy her jewelry. His other girlfriends just expected it, they never glowed like she did – they were never as appreciative. He loved making this one happy, he loved the way her facial expressions would change and how her green eyes would grow. He put his hand on top of hers again and rubbed her wrists with his thumb, “I’d do anything to make you happy.”

“You already do,” she reassured him.

He smiled at her; loving the feeling she brought him. He hadn’t felt so alive, so happy in the longest while. Soon they began to eat their meal and talk about keeping in contact while he had to go on tour. He and the guys still didn’t really eye to eye, but he honestly was hoping they could look past this – he prayed they would learn to accept his new girlfriend.

“Have I ever mentioned how great you are?” Kimberly asked, as she finished the last bite of her dinner.

He smirked, “I don’t think you have.” Nick was already finished; he always was a fast eater.

She smiled, “Well you are.”

He grinned, “I try.” He drank the remainder of his beer, “How about we get out of here?”

“Sounds good.”

The waitress walked over to see if there was anything else she could do for them and he simply just asked her for the bill. She nodded; she seemed a bit upset tonight. Maybe it was because Nick hadn’t given her the time or day. But what did she really expect? That he was going to be hitting on her, flirting up a storm while his girlfriend was right there?!? Nick paid her, gave her a nice tip, which she didn’t at all deserve.

“So where are we going now?” Wondered Kimberly, as they walked to his car.

He looked up at her and smiled, “You’ll see.”

She felt her heart flutter as he smiled at her. What was it about him that could make her body tremble at the slightest smile? She grabbed his arm before he could open the car door. He turned to her and she wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing her body against his, “Thank you,” she whispered.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her, “Why are you thanking me?”

“For being amazing,” she answered, looking up at him; seeing the dazed look in his eyes.

He bent down and brushed his lips against hers, “You don’t need to thank me for wanting to take my Baby Angel out. I just like seeing you happy.”

She smiled, “How could I not be happy with you? You’re too perfect.”

He snorted, “I wouldn’t say that.” He brushed his knuckles across her cheek, “I think you have it backwards.” He then pulled away and smiled at her, “Come on, Baby Angel.”

She couldn’t help, but smile at him; as she felt excitement flow through her, as she watched him get into the car. She felt a swarm of butterflies were flying throughout her stomach, fighting to find a way to escape. She quickly got into the car and he pulled out of the parking lot. Kimberly snaked her hand on top of his that was by his side, he looked at her and smirked; lacing his fingers with hers.


After driving for a good amount of time, he pulled into a garage of a four star hotel. Kimberly asked no questions as they got out of the vehicle and walked into the huge white building. The people in the lobby just looked at him and smiled, as they saw him walk hand in hand with the young girl. He walked over to the elevator and hit the UP arrow and within moments the sliding doors opened and they both walked in. He hit the number nine button and the elevator lifted until the doors opened to that floor. He took Kimberly’s hand and walked over to the door he was in, taking out a red and white card and swiped it to unlock the door; allowing her to walk in first. She couldn’t believe her eyes, the hotel room was huge! The room she walked into had a large white couch with a good sized flat screened TV; it looked like a mini apartment. As she continued to look around, she noticed there were other rooms with beds that were empty – five of them to be exact. This was the hotel he was staying at?

Nick shut the door behind him, “I wanted to take you somewhere – somewhat nice,” he said, with a smirk. “I was thinking about taking you to Tampa, but by the time we got there, I’m sure we both would be exhausted. So I figured, why not here?”

“Where are the other guys?” She wondered, hoping that wasn’t the wrong question.

He shrugged, “Don’t know, don’t care. Haven’t seen them all day – hopefully they decide to spend the night out….” He paused and walked over towards her and pulled her into his arms, “So I can have alone time with you.” A curve formed around his lips, “What do you say?”

She loved how he was asking for her permission, “I like this idea very much.”

He grinned, “I was hoping you would.”

He let her go and grabbed her hand, leading her into the room he must have used to sleep. She couldn’t believe how large the bed was; it was about a Queen sized….the bedroom even had a bathroom attached to it! He shut the door behind him and she could feel her body tremble at the thought what was going to happen within moments. She bit on her lower lip, as she decided to take a bit of control.

Nick smirked, “What’s that look for?” He wondered.

She smiled shyly at him, “Nothing….” She trailed off and walked closer towards him and gently pressed him against the closed door, “I-I wanted to try something.” She tried to hide the timid in her voice, but failed miserably.

Nick raised an eyebrow, not knowing what this incredible girl was thinking, but his thoughts soon got interrupted by her lips against his. He felt her tongue savagely going after his, as her hands began to unbutton his shirt, until it was open enough to where she put her hands on his bare chest and ripped it open, causing the clear buttons to snap; releasing the fabric, even ripping a few of them. She hoped that wasn’t an expensive shirt…Nick didn’t seem to care – in fact he welcomed it! He had never seen this side of her, he loved it! Her hands slowly and teasingly went down to his stomach and to his pants – the damn belt was in the way. She grazed her hands over his jeans; feeling his throbbing member growing underneath his pants. She pulled away and smirked.

“You know you drive me crazy, but shit Baby Angel – I think this is proof you’re trying to kill me!”

She softly giggled at his ruffled words, “Do you want me to stop?” She asked amused, already knowing the answer. She didn’t realize toying with him was this much fun.

“Fuck no!”

She laughed again and began to unloop his brown suede belt, “I want to make you feel as good as you made me feel that night.”

With that said, she captured his lips with hers before unbuttoning his pants. She smiled slyly at him before going down on her knees and pushing his pants down to his ankles, along with his boxers. She grabbed his manhood into her hands; she heard him inhale deeply as she did so, and she smirked. She was going to make him feel amazing, she hadn’t done something like this in the longest time, she hoped she did it well. She gently moved her hand up and down his thick shaft and she heard him let out a soft groan. She flicked the tip with her tongue and she heard something hit the door softly….he threw his head back, and when he did so he hit the door. She kissed the tip, and licked around the top of the head, her hands slowly and tormenting gliding up and down.

“You’re going to be the death of me,” he moaned. She snickered and then without any warning she took all of him in her mouth and he let out such a loud grunt, it even surprised her. “Oh My God…fuck,” he whimpered.

She closed her eyes and worked her mouth and tongue on him; her lips acting like suction as they glided over his hard cock. She felt Nick's hand move down to her head, and gently he took the clip out of her hair, allowing strands to fall down her face. He then brushed them back and tangled his fingers into her silky hair, massaging her sculpt as she worked him over. When she pulled her mouth off of him, her hand moved up and down on him; using her saliva as a lubricant. She heard his head hit against the door again, as another loud moan escaped him; apparently she was doing a good job. As quickly as she took her mouth off of him, she threw it back on. She went as deep as she could, and felt his thickness fill her throat up, hearing him cuss once again. She did that a few times more, before she thought she was going to gag on his pulsing member. Her hand jerking him off as her lips worked like a vacuum on him.

Nick gently pressed her head closer to him, she was driving him mad, and he felt like he was going to lose control. His breathing increased, he would love to just explode inside her mouth, but he didn’t want it to end by him exploding so soon. He wanted it the other way around….he promised her multiple orgasms and he was going to give that to her. He felt her tight throat wrapping around his cock and if she kept doing that, there was no way in Hell he was going to last. “Baby,” he breathed.

She looked up at him and smiled wily, “Is something wrong?”

He laughed, “No, everything is perfect….way too perfect. But I’m getting too close.”

She grinned, “And what’s the problem?” She asked, before putting her lips on him again.

He groaned, “Ugh, you’re killing me.” What man would want a woman to stop sucking on their dick?

She giggled, “Don’t you like this?”

“Far too much,” he said, with a horse laugh. “But this is making me want you in the worst way….so come here.”

She smirked and slowly stood up, “Yes?” She asked, in a devious tone.

Nick grabbed her and smashed his lips onto hers; she felt his tongue make its way inside her mouth, and snake around hers. She softly moaned and he moved his lips to her ear, “I’m going to tease the fuck out of you,” he warned.

Those words intrigued her, “Mmm, promise?”

He had never seen this side of her, he didn’t think there was a side like this to her. She was this soft, sweet, innocent woman – who would have thought she was this sexual? This wild? “Oh yes, I promise.”

She smirked, “Then come and get me,” she instigated as she walked over to the large bed and sat down…with her legs spread. The dress was too long and her goods were not shown, but still the position she was in, was driving Nick up the wall.

“Oh, baby,” he groan. Totally forgetting the pants were down to his ankles, he went to take a step and took a dive down onto the floor.

Kimberly could not contain herself and she was roaring with laughter; laughing so hard she was making squeaking sounds. Her hands over her mouth, she fell down onto her back, trying to muffle the giggles.

Nick looked at her and started to laugh himself. He then fought to take off his damn shoes, he then stepped out of his pants and boxers and shrugged out of the shirt he was wearing. He jumped on the bed and hovered over her, “So you find that funny?”

Tears were slowly leaking from her eyes and she nodded, “I do.”

His fingers then moved in a fast motion over her stomach and sides, “So who’s laughing now?”

She began to squeal, “Oh My God!” She cried from laughter, “Stop, stop!” She begged, as more tears of hilarity formed in her eyes, “Please?”

“You’re lucky I can’t say no to such a pretty face.” He then licked his lips and pressed his naked body down onto hers, as his lips went onto hers again and then down to her neck, and shoulder, pushing the strap down, “I want to do so many things to you.”

He got off of her, and pulled her up and unhooked the black clasp on the back that was holding the dress in place. Once that was unfastened, he unzipped it, and slowly pushed the unwanted material off of her body. He could feel himself growing harder, as he saw the undergarments she was wearing. A black lace thong and lace matching bra. He gently pushed her down onto the soft bed and watched as her perfect assets bounced with the impact. Nick crawled back down over her, his hands on her waist as he scooted her up until her head was on one of the cloud-like pillows. He loved this bra, only for one reason, the clasp was in the front, with quick snap the bra shot open like a sling shot; setting her breasts free from that prison. His hands quickly gripped them, and his tongue snaked around her lovely little pink nipple. He felt it grow in his mouth, until it was pointed out, with her other nipple, his two fingers played with it until it was as so hard it could possibly cut glass. His mouth then made its way down her chest and stomach until it came to her panties. He slid his fingers inside the straps and slowly pulled them down her legs, he then stopped at her tattoo on her right ankle. He had never noticed that before, he smirked seeing it was a skull with picktails and said Bad Girl.

Nick’s finger traced over the art, “Hmm, bad girl, huh?”

She looked at him, seeing he was referring to the tattoo and she let out a small chuckle, “Mmm-hmm. Are you surprised?”

“Very,” he admitted. He then slid the underwear down her legs, over her black heeled shoes. His lips attached to her calf, his fingers then unbuckled the deadly heels and dropped to the floor with a hard thud.

Nick then returned back to her, hovering over her once again, “So now that you have me,” she spoke in a low seductive voice. “What is it that you plan to do with me?” She asked, with a raised eyebrow.

He smirked and slowly began to head south, “You’re just going to have to wait and see,” he simply answered. His tongue slowly dragged down her stomach as he went lower and lower….

Kimberly inhaled deeply and Nick felt her shudder. He grinned, knowing this girl was going to be in for a treat of her life. If she thought that day at Disney Land was good, she was surely in for a surprise. He was going to make sure she got off so good; her head was going to explode. He spread her legs so that all her womanhood was exposed to him, he felt himself getting more aroused as he stared at her. Not a hair in sight, perfectly groomed – that was how he loved his women. With a quick flick of his tongue on her most sensitive area, she jumped. Oh how he was going to love making her scream. He spread her womanly lips, seeing her clit was sticking out; just begging for him to touch it. He couldn’t possibly deny that, could he? His tongue flicked it, causing her to once again jump. He grinned and did it again and again, soon her jumping eased, but her moans became louder. Nick then put his lips upon her most delicate piece of flesh and as gentle as he could, he started to nibble and suckle on her. She let out another moan, as his lips were busy sending waves of pleasure throughout her body, his fingers slowly made their way inside her sweet core. She let out a loud cry, as he allowed two fingers inside her warm hole. He had almost forgotten how tight she was, tonight was defiantly going to be remembered that was for sure. He began to dig his fingers inside of her as he was feasting on her clit. She was letting out loud cries, arching her back, as she felt pleasure overcome her. She then screamed, as she felt her lower half explode and her face turn hot. She still could not believe how quickly he could get her off; it was almost like he knew all of her G spots. Kimberly figured now that she had gotten off he would stop, but did he? No! His tongue was now exploring all her insides, as his fingers were rubbing her. His tongue circled on the opening before entering, thrusting in and out of her, causing her to squirm. Her hands slid into his blonde spikes – that’s what he wanted. He wanted her to want more; he wanted her to want more of his tongue. He soon shoved his fingers back inside of her, and played with her clit some more with his tongue, she didn’t know how much more she was going to be able to take! Her moans were so loud they filled the entire room. She felt as her body was getting hot again and she screamed, screamed his name as she felt the explosion. Her orgasms felt like fireworks on the 4th of July at the finale – one right after another; each bigger, better and more explosive.

Nick then pulled away, feeling the vibrations of Kimberly’s shudders, he couldn’t hide the satisfaction he felt knowing he had just given her the ride of her life. The smirk enlarged into a blown out grin, “So how was that?” He asked, as he crept over her, her face was flushed and her lips were even trembling.

She looked up at him, trying to catch her breath, “Th-that was….that was….” She tried to catch her breath, “You’re fucking amazing!”

His smile turned smug, “I am to please.”

“Oh, trust me – you pleased me alright!”

“That’s what I love to hear,” he gruffly said before his lips connected with hers.

Kimberly tasted herself on his tongue, but there was no way she wanted to ruin the moment by pulling away. Her arms slipped around him, as their tongues did the tango, “I want you so bad,” she murmured over his lips.

Nick put his mouth to her ear, “Tell me how bad you want me.”

She felt her stomach do a flip as she thought of the words to say. Doing something was completely different than actually saying it. She licked her lips and said in a low voice, “I want to feel you go deep inside me and make me scream.”

He smiled, pleased by her answer, “Are you even sure you’re up to screaming some more?” He teased, with a grin.

“I guess there’s only one way to find out.”

“Oooh.” That caused Kimberly to softly chuckle, making him smile; Nick then positioned himself so that his throbbing member was against her wet core, “Ready?” Kimberly just loved how he asked permission before, she never had that before. Men just took, but not him – that’s what made him different….that’s what made her love him.

She just nodded with a smile and his lips met with hers as he pushed himself inside of her, breaking her open. He let out a loud moan; forgetting how amazing she felt. She felt so warm from all the orgasms he had given her and so lubricated making it easier to move in and out of her with such a pace. She moaned as she felt him slam inside of her. Her arms tightly wrapped around him, his head dropped down and his lips were onto her neck.

She turned her head so that her mouth was to his ear, she had to say it, and she had been fighting the words for so long. She felt her heart pounding rapidly in her chest. What if he rejected her? What if he didn’t feel the same? Fear overcame her, but if she didn’t say something soon, she knew she was going to implode. “Nick?” She respired.

“Yes, Baby Angel?” He asked, as he kissed up her neck and to her jaw line, until he reached her ear and began to playfully nibble on her earlobe, “You feel so good,” he whispered.

“I-I think I’m in love with you.”

Nick then paused and fear hit overdrive as she was waiting for him to get up. She probably ruined the moment, but instead, Nick just looked at her, looked at her a way he never had before. He cupped her head, brushing the loose strands of hair back and his lips pressed against hers. His tongue gently glided against hers, his fingers then laced with hers as he held them over her head, flat on the bed. His lips went back to her ear as he replied with, “I love you too, Baby Angel – have for a while now.”

Kimberly felt her bottom lip quiver, “Real-really?”

He smiled, “Really, baby. You’re so perfect….how could I not?”

She released her hands from his and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him with such a passion and she felt him push harder into her. A huge weight was lifted off her shoulders, “Nick Carter, you are amazing.”

He smirked, “I try.” He licked his lips, “Hold onto me,” he gently ordered. Kimberly did as she was told and suddenly she felt Nick flip her so that she was the one now on top. He smiled, as he looked up at her, “I was thinking you should be my little cowgirl tonight.”

She smirked, “I like that idea.” She sat up a bit, and felt him go inside of her deeper, causing her to let out a loud moan. “Wow….”

He groaned, “Wow, is right, baby.” Nick’s hands went on her waist as he arched his back and felt her grind her hips with his. She put her hands on his chest as she rode him, small cries escaped her. Nick crept his hands up her chest and gripped her breasts in his hands, and caressed them, rubbed her nipples with his thumbs. This woman was driving him mad with pleasure, he could feel himself getting so close, and he just wanted to explode inside of her.

Kimberly was grinding her hips with his, as she felt his cock going deep inside of her, causing her to let out moans. She threw her head back, Nick sat up, his member still securely inside of her, and he connected his lips to her breast; flicking his tongue across her hardened nipple. Kimberly’s legs were bent so she wouldn’t lose her position and she allowed Nick to molest her breasts with his tongue, she was holding herself up by propping her hands on his legs.

“Baby Angel.”

She looked at him, “Yes?”

He smiled, “I love you.”

Her face glowed at his words and she could feel herself melting into his gaze. She had never been in love before, she thought she was, but she soon realized that wasn’t love. She only knew that because she had never felt like this with anyone before. She pressed her face close to his and brushed her lips against his, “I love you too,” she moaned, as felt his cock fulfilling her insides.


“AJ, you gotta calm the heck down!” Ordered Brian.

“CALM DOWN?!?” He screamed, “HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU TELL ME TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN?!?” He roared as he stormed through the lobby of the hotel, “HE FLAKED ON US….AGAIN!”

“Keep your voice down,” hissed Kevin, as they walked to the elevator.

“How can you be so fucking calm?!?”

All eyes were on them, thankfully the elevator doors opened and they made their escape inside, “I’M NOT FUCKING CALM ALRIGHT?!?” He screamed, once the elevator closed, “I’M FUCKING PISSED OFF!” He then cleared his throat, “But screaming won’t solve anything!”

Howie just shook his head in disbelief, “I just can’t believe it. He promised.” He then looked at Kevin, “You said he swore he was going to be at the shoot!” Even Howie was angry, and it took a lot to get him to that level of anger.

“He did! And each time I called, it went right to his voice mail. I probably left about eight different messages.”

Brian shook his head in revolt, “Ignoring us again,” he meant to say more to himself.

They then got off the elevator and into their hotel room, “What the Hell do you think the fans are gonna think when they don’t see us on the cover of the Rolling Stones?!?” Demanded AJ. “We've told them about it months ago!”

Unfortunately everyone knew this answer, “That we broke up,” mumbled Brian. He then shot at AJ, “But we’ll clear the news that it’s not true.”

He shook his head, “I don’t even think we should.”

Everyone looked at him horrified, “What are you saying?” Demanded Howie, “That we should break up?!?”

“Look at the way Nick’s been acting! Why the Hell should he even be in the band anymore? He doesn’t care about us, the fans….the only thing he cares about is that fucking whore!”

“And you actually think the group can survive without Nick?” Asked Kevin disapprovingly.

“He’s not the only singer if you hadn’t noticed!”

“One of the main ones!” Pointed out Howie, “AJ, what you’re saying is ridiculous!”

“Look, we’ll talk to him and really talk to him this time,” Brian told him.

“Yeah, like we haven’t already tried that!” AJ shook his head, “I’m getting fuck and sick of talking! He has responsibilities and does he care? No of course not!”

“Let’s not jump the gun on this,” said Howie. “AJ, I know you’re mad – Hell I am too, but we can’t kick him out of the group.”

“Look Howie, I’m just about up to here with your damn peacemaker shit!”

“Alex!” Kevin sternly ordered, “Cool it! Before we make any assumptions we need to talk to him and find out why he didn’t show up.”

“Oh, I can tell you why!” He growled, “Because of that fucking slut!”

“We don’t know that!” Argued Brian.

“Hey,” said Howie, looking around. “Do you…do you hear that?”

They walked closer to the closed bedroom door, Kevin put his hand on the knob and as slowly and softly as he could, he opened it. All of their eyes grew wide with indignation as they witnessed, Nick having sex with Kimberly. She was sitting on top of him, her head back, as her eyes were closed and Nick’s mouth leaving slopping kissing around her neck and chest. Moans were escaping the nude couple. Kevin shut the door as quietly as it opened.

“You gotta fucking be kidding me!” Screeched AJ, “What did I tell you? It’s that fucking whore’s fault!”

“It’s not the girl’s fault,” Kevin defended.

“How could you even say that?!?” He barked, “She’s been the cause all along! I say we bust his ass in there right now!”

He began to walk towards the door, but Kevin blocked it, “No one will be busting anyone’s ass tonight. We’ll deal with him tomorrow, when the girl isn’t around,” he said, in a firm, mature voice.

He shook his head is revolt, “Why the fuck not? Because you don’t want to look like the big bad wolf in front of the hoe bag? Fine, I’ll do it!”

Brian was getting pissed off with his outbursts insulting this girl the guys really knew nothing about, “AJ, be mature for once, will ya?”

“AJ, please don’t,” pleaded Howie. “We don’t know the girl so let’s not be dicks to her, okay?”

“You all are pathetic – you tell me I need to be mature? I am the mature one, you’re the ones that need to grow up and learn to grow some real balls.” He shook his head at the three guys standing there, “Tomorrow I am going to give Nick a piece of my mind, if that bitch is there or not!” He then stormed off, and walked into his room, feeling all frustrations coming out. He popped open a beer, wanting to numb this feeling before he really did something he was going to regret.

Brian ran his hands through his brown curls, “What are we going to do about him?”

Kevin shook his head, “It’s not him I’m worried about…question is, what are we going to do about Nick?”

“Come on, it can’t be the girl’s fault. You even said that – Nick really cares about this one. I’ve talked to him about it. We don’t even know her – ”

“Look, what she’s doing, Brian!” Spoke Howie in defense, “What girl in their right mind stops someone from doing their job? She knows who he is….” He sighed, “I think AJ’s right and I hate to say that. But we need to stop being Mr. Nice Guy and tell Nick how it is. Because I'm getting sick of his shit.” He shook his head and slowly walked into his bedroom, picking up his cell-phone to call his girlfriend to vent.

“Don’t even look at me,” hissed Kevin, as he walked away. “The boy is being brainwashed and it’s going to ruin his career if he doesn’t smarten up and real quick. If he doesn't stop putting his dick in front of his responsibilities then the Backstreet Boys are going to be over.”

Brian had never felt so afraid before, the way Kevin spoke to him it was almost like he gave Nick his sentence. He sat down on the couch, he didn't want the band to break up, he had never been so scared about the group before. He pulled out his phone, “Leighanne, it's me....I'm really scared this time.”


Nick had changed the position and had Kimberly go back onto her back as he pounded himself inside of her. Causing her to let out loud cries, he held her hands down on the sides of her head, he was so close. He then let out a loud grunt as he felt his orgasm hit and that was when he felt his fluid leave his body and into hers. His body then collapsed onto hers, his breathing heavy, he felt beads of sweat rolling down the sides of her face. He also felt the vibration of Kimberly’s heart beating so rapidly it coursed through him.

He kissed her, “God Damn, Baby Angel. Look what you do to me,” he said, with a grin, as he slowly got up.

She looked at him mystified, “Me?!?” She said, with a laugh, “This was all you, Carter.”

He grinned, “Okay, I’ll take full responsibility of….” He paused and looked in thought, “Of getting you off so many times you thought you were going to blow!”

She laughed again, but louder. Crawled behind him and wrapped her arms around him, “Thank you for tonight. Thank you for everything.” She kissed his shoulder, “But baby, you wore me out!” She said, fighting a yawn.

He smirked and turned his head and kissed her on the forehead, “Lay down and I’ll be right back. I want to clean up first.”

She smiled, “Okay.” Kimberly let him go, and Nick then got up and went into the bathroom. She laid down on the bed and pulled the blankets over her, smiling as she closed her eyes. The feelings of joy were overpowering her, she loved it. She never wanted tonight to end, she never felt so wanted by a man before…she never felt so in love before.



Nick cleaned himself off, with some toilet paper. He then looked in the mirror and saw the smile form around his lips, tonight was amazing. The feelings he was having for this girl were hitting into overdrive – when she told him that she was in love with him, he almost didn’t know how to react. He was feeling so crazy about her for the longest time and somewhere in his mind he knew he had been in love with her long before she even told him. Something was troubling him though, he had a bad feeling in his gut and he wished he knew what it was. He was feeling it all day. His phone had died earlier in the day and he just hadn’t gotten around to charge it. He ran a hand through his greased hair from the jell he had put in earlier; he decided to shrug it off. It couldn’t be anything important, could it? He walked out of the bathroom and that was where he found Kimberly passed right out in the bed and a curve formed around his lips. He shut off the light before creeping next to her. He pulled the blanket over him and kissed her on the bare shoulder and laid on his back, with his arm under his head, as he looked up at the ceiling. He just couldn’t seem to shake that feeling in the pit of his stomach that he was supposed to do something. His thoughts were interrupted when he felt Kimberly shift and slung her arm across his waist and her head on his chest.

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her, kissing her on the head, “Goodnight, Baby Angel. I love you.”

“Love you too, Nick,” she mumbled, with her eyes still closed.

He smiled as he heard those words and took his hand put it under her chin, capturing his lips with hers. She put a hand up to his face, as she felt his tongue sweetly caress hers. Her green eyes opened and she smiled at him before resting her head back down on his chest and falling into a sweet slumber, feeling so happy and so in love.

Nick had drifted off to sleep for a little bit, but the feeling of something was wrong kept on waking him. What the Hell was his problem? He had everything he wanted right here in his arms, why did he have to be stressing over what was probably nothing. He closed his eyes again and tried to force sleep to capture him. His eyes then shot open as he remembered what he was supposed to do today…THE PHOTO SHOOT!
The Break Up! by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 12 ~



Kimberly had woken up the next day from the sun beating down on her face from a crease in the blue curtains hanging from the large window across the room. She had to blink her eyes a few times to get used to the hard glare that was blazing down at her. As she shifted her body, she realized she was being restrained. That was when she saw Nick’s arm was securely wrapped around her waist as his nude body was pressed against hers. Suddenly she felt her lips stretch out into a wide smile as she remembered the night before; the passion, the heat. To her surprise her throat wasn’t even sore. She slowly turned so that she was facing the man asleep next to her. She felt her heart flutter; he looked so peaceful, so beautiful. It should be against the law for a man to be so perfect. His face was smashed against the pillow and his tiny spikes had died over night and were now flopped over; some even covering his closed lids. She carefully brushed them aside and with the back of her hand she caressed his face. She was so in love with him, she couldn’t get over how happy he made her. His lips were parted an inch and she could hear him softly breathing. It just made no sense….how could someone like him love a woman like her? Did he really mean it? Or did he lie just to get her in bed? No, that couldn’t be it, because they were already in bed before she even told him. She snuggled close to his warm body. His breathing patterns slowly changing as he inhaled deeply, causing a small snore to escape him.

She sat up slowly, trying her best not to wake him and she put her lips to his ear softly whispering, “I love you.” She heard him let out a small groan, she smiled seeing he was still sleeping. She bit on her lower lip before leaning in and gently pressing her lips onto his, when she pulled away she half smiled. She then slowly turned her body and as carefully and gently as she could, she unwrapped his arm from around her so she could get up. Once she was freed, she scooted to the edge of the bed and planted her bare feet on the chilly wood floor. Before she could even stand, she felt arms cage her once more and she turned over and saw Nick had woken up.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked playfully in his sleepy voice, as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

She softly giggled as she turned to him, causing her hair to fall upon her face. She brushed it aside, “I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

He smiled sleepily, “Its okay. Why don’t you come back to bed with me?” He glanced at the wooden clock on the wall, “It’s only nine in the morning, Baby Angel. Never thought of you as a morning person.”

She shrugged, “Once I’m up, I’m up. How don’t you go back to bed? I’ll be quiet, I’ll join you again when I’m all nice and clean.”

He smirked at the image of her crawling in bed with him, all cleansed and dripping wet, “Okay, you talked me into it.”

She gave a small chuckle, “Doesn’t take much, does it?”

“Nope,” he answered with a cheesy grin. He planted a sweet kiss on her shoulder before collapsing back down on his back, “Don’t have too much fun in there without me.”

“I’ll do my very best.” She then crawled over towards him and pressed her lips onto his, “I love you.”

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her down on him as his tongue slipped inside her mouth, “Mmm, love you too, Baby Angel.”

“I don’t think I could ever get tired of hearing you say that to me.”

He opened his eyes and smiled, “Good, because you’re going to be hearing it a lot.”

Kimberly felt a rush of butterflies swarm inside her stomach and she gave him one last peck before sitting straight up. “Go back to bed,” she kindly ordered, as she stood up and walked into the bathroom that was connected with the bedroom.

Nick grinned seeing her naked back. He closed his eyes and felt the smile stretch around his lips. He felt himself slowly falling into a slumber thinking about the amazing woman in the next room. It didn’t take long for him to fall asleep, but it also didn’t last. He felt a pillow being thrown to his head. He groaned, “Mmm, Baby Angel. Give me a few more minutes. You wore me out last night,” he grumbled, throwing his face into the pillow.

“Get the fuck up now!” Ordered AJ’s rigid voice.

His blue eyes shot open and he immediately sat up, seeing four of his band mates. The stares they were giving him were sharp enough to cut through glass. He knew he fucked up big time by missing out on the photo shoot, but this time it was by mistake. He knew how much shit he was going to be in, but he was praying they wouldn’t confront him until after Kimberly was gone. She was still in the shower, he could hear it running and he was sure the others could as well. Nick’s eyes narrowed as he stared at the four-some, “What the fuck?!? Don’t you know how to knock?” He demanded in a rough tone.

Kevin inhaled deeply as his green eyes glared at him, “Don’t you get smart with us,” he growled.

“What the hell are you doing in here?” He demanded to know, but he already knew the answer. He wished they would just leave, maybe he could get dressed and talk to them elsewhere. He didn’t want Kimberly to see this…he couldn’t let her see this.

“I think the question is what the fuck is that whore doing here?” Barked AJ.

Nick’s eyes turned a dark blue as he stared at his former tattooed friend, “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he hissed through his teeth.

“Oh really?” He looked around and grabbed a black bra that was on the floor, “Hmm, didn’t know you owed a pair of these.”

Nick insistently grabbed the bra from him, “Fuck off! Fine, what’s it to you anyway?!?”

“Did you forget to do something yesterday?” Asked Howie, in a hostile tone, as he folded his arms tightly across his chest.

He knew this was going to be coming, he knew he fucked up and yeah he had to pay the price. But he would give anything if they could just take this somewhere else. He let out a loud sigh, “Look, I’m really sorry. I totally forgot about the photo shoot. I know sorry doesn’t cut it, but – ”

“You’re damn right it doesn’t cut it!” Yelled AJ, “So fucking this whore is more important than your career, is that it?!?”

“You better watch how you talk about her,” he hissed.

“Nick, what’s happening to you?” Asked Brian in almost a pleading voice, “You can’t let a girl come in between your job.”

“She’s not coming in between anything!”

Kevin folded his arms, “Oh no? About the photo shoot last month? You left to go see her. You’re throwing your whole life away for a single girl you barely even know! Does she pride you in neglecting your responsibilities?”

“She knows nothing of my responsibilities. I don’t tell her about my job, she only cares about me; the person. Not the fucking Backstreet Boy.”

AJ coughed out a laugh, “Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Nick. So when you told her the reason you didn’t go to the shoot before, was she leaping for joy you flaked on us?”

He dropped his head, “I told her it was canceled.” Nick then glowered at him with his dark eyes, “I don’t want her knowing anything about my job and you guys. Trying to brainwash me because she’s not some fucking model.”

AJ snickered, “Please. Don’t go protecting her skanky ass.”

“I swear to God AJ, if you don’t cool it with the name calling there is going to be a serious problem.”

He rolled his brown eyes, “Ooh, I’m so scared.”

Brian looked at him dumbfounded, “Nick, this has nothing to do with the way she looks.”

“Yeah okay,” he said, rolling his blue eyes in annoyance.

“Ever since you met this girl you don’t care about anyone but yourself!” Howie’s voice sounded betrayed, “I can’t believe you, Nick. I really can’t. So now because of your forgetfulness,” he said, as he quoted his fingers. “We can’t be on the cover of Rolling Stones. So yeah, thanks a lot!”

“I don’t know how many times I can fucking say I’m sorry!”

“Sorry won't cut it this time, Nick,” answered Kevin, in a hard voice.

The shower then stopped and Nick dropped his head. Fuck, what was he going to do? “Can you just leave now, please?” He pleaded.

“Throw these on,” ordered Brian, as he threw him a pair of boxers that were on the floor.

“I think I’d like to meet this girl,” said AJ with a smug look. “Let her know how much of a whore she is.”

Nick quickly put on the boxers, “You’re not going to says ANYTHING to her! Or I swear to God, you're going to need a feeding tube!” He then looked at Kevin with hard eyes, “It’s bad enough that she already knows you don’t like you, don’t go making her feel any worse by telling her I lied.”

“You told her we don’t like her?” Howie said appalled.

“What? No, of course not!” He replied, in an angry tone, as he put on some of the jeans that were on the floor, “She overheard a conversation I had with Kevin.”

“I’ll say whatever the fuck I want to say,” hissed AJ.

“Don’t,” mumbled Brian.

The bathroom door then opened and Kimberly stepped out, wearing nothing more than just a white towel. Not realizing the guys were there, she jumped when she saw them, “Um…h-hi,” she managed to say. Feeling completely uncomfortable only in a towel, she felt AJ’s hard eyes staring at her, making her feel even more discomfited; she swallowed hard.

“Hi,” replied Brian, looking to the floor, making no eye contact with her at all.

“Um, if I’ve known you were out here I wouldn’t have worn just a towel….so I’m – I’m sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry about, Baby Angel,” reassured Nick. “I didn’t know they were just going to show up like this.”

It was nearly impossible for him to hide the resentment in his voice and she caught onto that perfectly. She just nodded, “Well…I’m – I’m gonna go change,” she quickly added, as she grabbed the clothes off of the floor before retreating back into the bathroom.

Nick turned to the men in the room with a hard glower, “You guys are fucking assholes. I hope you know that!”

“The bitch looks ten,” said AJ. “What did you do, take her virginity away? I bet you’re the first guy she’s ever fucked.” He then snickered, “Poor girl.”

“Fuck you!” He yelled, not meaning to be so loud, “She’s twenty-three, so just get off it. You upset that I actually got some and don’t have to worry about catching some STD?” He questioned, raising an eyebrow, “How many times did you have to test yourself because you fuck random hoes? At least with this one I know I can trust.”

“Yeah, because the only time she gets any is with you! You pretty much raped the girl.”

Nick could feel his blood starting to boil, “I’m this close to fucking killing you!”

“Nick. AJ,” Kevin’s hard voice filled their ears. “Cool it.” He then stared at Nick in disgust, “What’s the matter with you? So spending one night with this girl is more important than your job, Nick?”

“I fucked up! I get that. But she had nothing to do with that! So stop fucking pin pointing this on her, will ya?!?”

“Well, can you blame us?” Asked Howie, “I mean, it seems like it all started when you met her.”

Nick looked at him shocked; he expected that from AJ or Kevin, but not from Howie. Howie was always the one that tried to fix the mess he made. He and Brian were the ones he always counted on, but now it seemed like the only one he could count on was himself. “How could you even say that?”

He shrugged, “I hate to say it, but it’s true. Come on, are you saying she’s not at all part of you slacking off?”

“No, she’s not! And because I missed one fucking photo shoot does not put me in the category of slacking off.”

AJ coughed out a laugh, “One, Nick? I can think of more than just fucking one!”

“The other time I bailed was because you were fucking – ” Nick stopped himself when he heard the bathroom door open and Kimberly walked out wearing the black dress she wrote the night before. He looked at her and forced a smile, “That was fast.”

She shrugged. The tension in the air was thick enough where you could cut it with a knife. Whatever was going on with the guys it was bad, she wished so badly that he would open up to her and tell her what the issue was. He was putting on an act with her when the guys were around and she could see it perfectly. She cleared her throat, “So um if you don’t remember me, I’m Kim,” she said, with a small smile. She wanted to do everything she could to ease the atmosphere.

“Yes, we know,” AJ said in a cool voice.

Nick’s eyes darted at him like two razors; almost like he was about to attack. Kimberly saw that his fists were balled up in two tight balls, so she grabbed onto his arm and soothingly rubbed it with the tips of her fingers, “Are you okay?” She whispered.

He nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine, baby,” he insisted, as he leaned down and softly kissed her on the lips.

AJ rolled his eyes and Kimberly saw that, not understanding why he had such a dislike towards her. She remembered that time when Nick was on the phone and he mentioned AJ – so what did she do that was so wrong for him to have such a hatred towards her? He didn’t even know her! “I-I guess that was inappropriate, I’m sorry.” Nick looked at him disgusted, she tried to ignore the evil death stares he was giving to the tattooed man across from her, “So you said you knew me….is it that you remember me from the mall I went a few weeks ago with my friend, Laura?”

“Let’s just say you’re name is mentioned a lot,” he replied and he shot at Nick. He inhaled deeply, doing all he could to contain himself from blowing up.

“Oh…” Kimberly looked at him confused, “Nick…Nick talks about me?” She asked, as she looked up at her boyfriend, whom was fuming.

“No, just everyone else,” he mumbled under his breath.

“Stop,” ordered Kevin in a low voice.

Kimberly’s eyes shot back at AJ, “Ex-excuse me?!?” Her voice trembled as she felt herself getting worked up.

Nick’s eyes were so dark they nearly looked back as he stared at him. He then quickly looked back at his girlfriend and rubbed her back, kissing her on the temple, “Baby Angel, do you think you could get some something to drink in the frig? I think I have a few beers in there.”

She looked at him perplexed, “Beer? Now? Nick, it’s only like ten in the morning.”

He half smiled, “Yeah. I could really use one. Please?”

She smiled and nodded, “Sure.”

“No,” said Kevin in a hard voice and she stopped in her tracks. “Don’t get him one.”

She felt a little offended and she stared at him sharply, “I think Nick is old enough to decide what he would like to drink.” She knew it probably wasn’t a smart idea to snap at him like that, but he already hated her, so what difference did it make?

“What Kevin means is,” said Brian in a kind voice. “We would really like to talk to Nick alone. So, so maybe you could possibly just step outside for a few minutes?”

He was very kind and trying everything not to upset her. He was probably the only one out of the band that didn’t hate her. She nodded, “Okay. Yeah. I’ll – I’ll be in the lobby if you need me,” she softly said, as she slowly made her way towards the door.

Nick tightly grabbed her hand, “NO!” He said in a hard voice, “She’s my guest – she stays. You guys leave. You’re the ones that just barged in here, not her.”

Kimberly could see the resent he had in his eyes as he stared at the other guys and it made her feel almost frightened. She looked up at him, “It’s fine, Nick. I don’t mind. You guys obviously need to talk about stuff.”

He stared at her and wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her, smiling when he pulled apart, “I want you to stay, Baby Angel. These losers can leave. We’re finished here anyway.”

“Losers?” Repeated AJ in a vile tone.

The tension was becoming so overwhelming she thought maybe it was going to smother everyone that was caught in it; including her. She shook her head at Nick, “Baby, it’s fine I’ll just be right out – ”

“NO!” He shouted, “YOU’RE NOT LEAVING!!!”

Kimberly could feel her eyes tear up and she aggressively shoved him away, “Want a bet?” She choked out before shoving past him.

He vigorously ran a hand through his tangled hair from the jell the night before, “Kim, I’m sorry!”

“I’ll be out in the lobby. Get me when you’re finished!” She said in a hard voice, trying to keep her tone steady. She then slammed the door behind her, pressing her back against it feeling a few tears slowly rolling down her face as she inhaled deeply. She couldn’t believe that he screamed her….him out of all people. She wiped the tears away and was about to walk towards the elevator and head towards the lobby until she stopped in her tracks. She chewed on her lower lip and as much as she knew this was a bad idea she decided to stay. She walked towards the door and as quietly as possible she opened it a crack. The other guys were in the bedroom and that door was wide open so she could hear them perfectly. She knew that Nick was not going to open up to her and tell her the real reason why he was so upset….this was the only way she’d find out the truth…

“FUCK!” Shouted Nick. He then eyed the four men in the room, “SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!”

“We didn’t make you do anything, Nick,” spat Howie.

Nick glowered at him, was about to remark until AJ’s annoying voice filled his ears, “Well, that’s just great!”

“What are you talking about?” He demanded in a low voice, trying to do all he could to suppress his anger.

“Now she’s gonna go crying to all her friends saying what an asshole Nick Carter is! Brace yourself kid, because you’re gonna be all over the tabloids. It’s gonna be worse than when everyone thought you beat Paris Hilton!”

“AJ!” Hissed Brian.

“Hey, it’s the truth!”

Nick could feel himself losing control as he felt heat burn from his face, “FUCK YOU!” He barked, “Kim isn’t fucking like that! If she was I think people would know I was dating her! But you wouldn’t know that, would you? Because you won’t even give her a fucking chance! She’s the best girl I’ve ever been with – she doesn’t fuck me over and I know she’s faithful so why don’t you – ”

He snickered, “Well, of course she’s gonna be faithful. Just look at her! No one would wanna touch her with a ten foot pole. And you actually fucked her? God Damn, man did you have a bag over her head or something?!?”

“YOU FUCKING DICK!” Nick charged at him and slammed him into the wall, “If she’s so God damn disgusting, why the fuck were you staring at her while she was just in that towel?!?” AJ’s face turned hard, “Oh yeah, I saw that! So what’s the real reason you don’t like her?!?”

“Nick!” Ordered Kevin, “Let him go.”

Nick glared at AJ as he released him, “So tell me, AJ. What the fuck do you have against my girlfriend?”

“You already know! She stops you from your responsibilities. Because of you….no because of HER you blew our only chance to be on the cover of Rolling Stones!”

“How many times do I fucking have to tell you?!? I lied to her! I told her it was canceled! So get the fuck over it already!”

Kimberly threw her hand over her mouth as she heard him…he lied? Why the hell would he lie to her about something like that?!? It was no wonder why the other guys didn’t like her….they thought she was holding him back. She felt angry tears roll down her cheeks. How could he even do something like that?

“Bullshit!” Snarled AJ, “So tell me Nick, what are you going to do next week when we have to go to Canada?” He demanded, “Are you just gonna ditch and stay with your little whore? Or actually do your job for once?”

Nick’s eyes tightened, “At this point I say fuck Canada.”

“What?!?” Screeched Howie, “What….what are you saying, Nick?”

“Nick!” Spoke Kevin in a stern voice, “Don’t be stupid. This girl is not worth your career.”

“This girl? This girl is the best thing that’s ever happened to me!”

“YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW HER!” He shouted, “So don’t go throwing it away for a piece of ass!”

“A piece of ass?!? She is more than just a fucking piece of – you know what? Fuck this, I QUIT! Have fun in Canada without me!”

“WHAT?!?” Screamed Brian, “Nick, don’t do this….PLEASE!”

“I’ve been unhappy for a long time now, and finally when I met someone that changes that you try to ruin it for me! I’m better off going solo – there’s no point in being in a band if you hate the members.”

“Nick, I’m begging you,” cried Howie. “Rethink this….don’t let a stupid girl ruin your life.”

“I happen to be in love with that stupid girl you’re referring to! So I would watch myself if I were you.”

“So that’s what this is about?!?” Screeched AJ, “Because you think you love her?!? She’s fucking brainwashing you, man! How can you not see it?!?”

“No, I know I love her, so fuck off. I’m done….I’m done with everything. I’m done with you, I’m done with Backstreet!”

“Well since Nick decided to quit I might as well too!” Started AJ, “Peace out, boys. Backstreet Boys is officially over!”


Kimberly felt so sick; she thought she was going to throw up. She nearly fell down onto her knees. Tears were rushing down her face like tiny little rivers, she threw her hands over her face as she slightly sobbed, she was the reason why the Backstreet Boys broke up. How could Nick have kept something like this from her? She knew they were having problems, but never to this extent! Why didn’t he go to her? He told her he loved her last night…how could he if he did this? Lied…..made her out like she was this horrible person. She saw AJ storm out of the bedroom and she took off, ran to the elevator, but it was taking too long for the doors to open so she booked it down the hall and opened the door to the staircase. Running as fast as she could down the stairs, after running down a few flights she could barely breathe so that was when she decided to use the elevator. Although she wished she just kept on running, because she found AJ standing there. She almost ran the other way, but she had to be brave. She walked inside and dropped her head; she didn’t want him to see the tears in her eyes.

The elevator seemed to be moving way too slow and the uncomfortable silence was eating at her. She wanted to say something, but what could she say? Before she could even scramble the right words, his hard voice filled the small room. “Weren’t you supposed to be waiting in the lobby?” He made no effort on hiding the resentment he had for her in his voice.

She was almost afraid to look at him. She looked up at him and saw his brown eyes were tight, staring her down like she was some animal he needed to put down. She licked her dry lips, “I-I got bored so I decided to look around…I didn’t know how much longer he was going to be. It seemed like you guys had a lot to talk about…” she trailed off, not knowing what else to say without giving away that she was eve’s dropping.

“We sure did,” he growled.

Kimberly dropped her head back down and felt a tear drop drip down her nose. She sniffled and glanced up at him, seeing him glaring at her. She understood why he hated her, she hated that Nick lied to her, she hated that he made her out like she was the bad one. Like she was trying to ruin their friendship, “I’m – I’m so sorry, AJ,” she said above a whisper.

He was still glaring at her, “Sorry?” He then let out a laugh, “And what exactly are you sorry for? For breaking up the band? Or for fucking with Nick’s head?” He shook his head, “I don’t know what he sees in you, but you are not worth this…you’re not worth anything!”

She felt fresh tears leak from her eyes and she nodded, “I know,” she choked. She then shook my head, “And I wish I knew what he saw me in….I wish I knew a lot.”

AJ shook his head in disapproval, “Who would have thought it would take a fucking slut to break up the band?” The doors then opened and he stormed out, not glancing back at her once.

Kimberly tightly closed her eyes and tried doing all she could to hold back the tears, but it was no use and they flooded down her face like a broken dam. Sobs escaped her, she couldn’t believe this was happening. What has she done? The elevator doors were starting to close and she quickly put her hand on the closing door. Thankfully it was sensored and the doors opened back up allowing her to escape. She quickly walked into the bathroom that was only around the corner and looked into the mirror, seeing how blood shot her eyes looked from all the tears. She splashed her face with water, she just wished this was all a bad dream. How could Nick quit the Backstreet Boys….FOR HER?!? AJ was right, she wasn’t worth anything, she was worth nothing. Why was Nick ruining his life? Why didn’t he tell her? Was it because he knew she would be against it? Was it because he knew she would leave him to save his career? She felt more tears pour from her eyes as she thought about it and put a hand up to her face and wept.

After nearly five minutes she finally settled down and dried her eyes with a paper towel. She took a deep breath and walked out of the ladies’ room and into the lobby and that was where she found him. Nick was on one of the red velvet couches, leaning back, his elbow on the armrest and his thumb and two fingers over his eyes. She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat slowly walked over towards him, “Ni-Nick?”

He pulled his hand away and when he did that, Kimberly saw a few tears rolling down his face, but he quickly wiped it away and sat up. She felt her lips trembled as she fought to not break down all over again. She was the cause of all this, she was the cause for his pain. “Ready?” He asked in a bleak tone. She just nodded, “Okay, then let’s go,” he mumbled as he stood up. He walked silently as they left the building, her head was down; a million thoughts were rushing through her mind. She needed to tell him that she knew, but how? She was pulled out of her train of thought when Nick faintly said, “I’m sorry for yelling at you back there. I didn’t mean it.”

She glanced at him and nodded, “I know,” she whispered before looking back to the floor. He said nothing more after that, they both silently walked to his car and got inside without a word. He started it and just took off, she could feel the strain grow more and more, she looked at him again, seeing his eyes were glued to the road and both hands were to the wheel. He rarely ever drove with using both hands; his right hand was usually holding hers. “Where, where are you taking me?” She finally asked as they sped down the road.

“Taking you home,” he answered in a gruff voice.

This was the first time she had ever been afraid to talk to him, but she had to force herself to do it. “What’s wrong?” She asked in a quiet tone.

“Nothing.”

Why was he lying? Didn’t he love her? If he loved her wouldn’t he want her to know? She should be the first person he went to for support. Didn’t he want her support? “Please don’t lie to me….and tell me the truth…” she paused, “For once.”

Nick glared at her with sharp eyes, “For once?!?” He snapped, “ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?” Kimberly felt her breathing increase, “I’ve been nothing but honest with you! So what the fuck are you talking about?!?”

She could feel her body trembling from his angry words. Why was he being so mean? She understood the band broke up, but that was because he had been lying to her from the start. How the Hell could he even choose her over the band? “That photo shoot was never canceled….you lied to me, Nick. How could you do something like that?”

“So you’re spying on me now?”

“How else was I supposed to find out the truth? The real truth, Nick! You made me feel everything was happy and dandy between you and the other guys and all this time they thought so little of me because you made them think I was holding you back from your responsibilities. How could you even do that?!?”

“There’s a lot more than that. You don’t even know the half of it….no one does. They don’t understand what I go through.”

“Then tell me!” She pleaded, “Why won’t you? If you love me like you said you do then why can’t you just – ”

“Don’t go using that guilt trip on me, Kim!”

“Why won’t you tell me, Nick?!?”

“BECAUSE IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!”

That was like a slap in the face, and she felt the tears rolling down her face. She dropped her head, “Just take me home,” she choked through her sobs.

“That was the idea.”

She was doing all she could to contain them; she knew he knew that she was crying, but he didn’t even care. What happened to the guy she was with last night? Why was he being such a dick? Nick didn’t love her, how could he have? Look at the way he was talking to her. He used her, he just wanted to fuck her and he did…now that he got what he wanted he was just going to throw her aside. Just like everyone else had.

The rest of the car ride was silent, except for the occasional sniffles from Kimberly. Nick would often glance at her, wanting to reach out to touch her, but he gripped the stirring wheel even tighter. Soon they pulled up into her driveway, neither one of them made any attempt to move. Nick was just staring at his hands, and he let out a loud sigh, kicking himself for being such an ass. What was the matter with him?

Kimberly turned to him after about a minute of silence and said in a broken voice, “Well, thanks for a great night.” This was how it going to end, no kiss goodbye, no I love you…nothing. It was over and she could feel it.

He sighed, “Kim…” She slammed the door before she could hear his sorry excuse of an explanation and hurried to her apartment, but he jumped out of the car and grabbed her arm, “I’m sorry.”

She yanked her arm free, “Sorry?!? You’re sorry? Well, I’m sorry too, Nick! I’m sorry for ever going into that stupid mall and meeting you.”

His face fell, “What? How could you even say that, Kim?”

“Look what I’ve caused!!!” She yelled through her cries, “I broke you guys up….because you were stupid enough to pick ME; a stupid girl over men that are supposed to be your best friends!”

“You don’t get it; things have been bad long before I even met you. It’s called putting on an act! I do it for the fans.”

“And me apparently.”

He groaned, “Come on, don’t say that. I did it for your own good.”

“You made them think I was some conniving bitch! You made them hate me because of your stupid lies. I don’t think you’d ever understand how much that hurts, Nick.”

“Who gives a fuck what they think?!?”

“I do!” She yelled.

His blue eyes got tight, “Oh….I see.”

She looked at him puzzled, “And what exactly do you see?”

He let out a loud laugh, “Maybe they really were right about you. You are just a fan.”

Her breathing increased, “What? I’m just a fan? That’s all I am to you?”

“You sure had me fooled! Making me think you only cared about me….it’s never that simple with me…never has. What was I thinking? You just want the title like everyone else. I can’t believe you….wow, I thought you were really different.”

Kimberly looked at him appalled, “How could you even say that to me?!?” She demanded as she felt a fresh load of tears stream down her face, “If you truly loved me you would know….” She then paused, “But maybe it was me that was fooled, Nick. You making me think you really loved me.” She shook her head in dismay, “You’re just like the others, after you fuck me, you ditch me. Is that how it goes?”

“OH DON’T YOU EVEN FUCKING START WITH THAT!”

“It’s true isn’t it?!?” She aggressively ran her hands through her tangled hair, “I really thought I found something….but really what would a guy like you want with a girl like me?” She wept, “Just like AJ said, I’m not worth anything….so goodbye, Nick. I hope you find whatever you’re looking for because we know it’s not me.”

“He said that to you?” That time it sounded like he almost cared.

She turned her back and rushed up the stone steps of her apartment and before she opened the door she said, “Please just leave now. I think you’ve caused enough damage…don’t you think?”

“Kim, don’t.”

She couldn’t take this anymore, she couldn’t. She was sick and tired of being used. She ran inside the door and slammed it behind her; pressing her back against it and slowly slid down. She pressed her face into her knees and cried her heart out. What just happened….did her and Nick just break up? She knew it was too good to be true…everything usually was.

Nick ran up the stone steps and was about to open the door until he heard her crying. What the fuck did he just do?!? He was an asshole, he loved her, loved her more than anything and now he just caused her so much pain. He felt his fists tighten and he violently slammed the side of the house, causing his knuckles to bleed. He felt the liquid form in his eyes and escape down his cheek. He fucked up big time, making the only woman that probably ever loved him, hate him. “I’m sorry, Kim…” he choked. He then jumped down the stone steps and ran into his car and sped off.


Kimberly slowly stood up and looked out the window when she heard his wheels skid down the street. What took him so long to leave? She didn’t even care; she slowly made her way through the apartment and found Laura and Ronny in the living room watching a movie on the couch. His arm was around her and her head was on his shoulder.

“What’s wrong with you?” Questioned Ronny, with a raised eyebrow once he saw she was crying.

She didn’t answer him and slowly made her way up the stairs. “Kim?” Called Laura, “What happened? Are you okay?” She frantically asked, almost pretending she cared.

She turned to her so-call friend and cleared her throat and hoarsely said, “Dave and I broke up.”

“Well, I told you he was a jerk. But do you listen to me? No….so don’t go crying about it.”

Kimberly looked at her appalled, “Fuck you!” She then rushed up the stairs and threw herself on the bed, muffled her tears with the pillow. She would do anything to take back everything…she missed him…missed him so much and now he was out of her life for good. It was probably for the best considering she just ruined his….
Slowly Dying Inside by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 13 ~



Days turned into nights and nights turned into weeks. Kimberly had not spoken to Nick in about two weeks, she was too afraid to call him. She was hoping he would call her, but no such luck – everything they had wasn’t real, it was based all on a lie. Did he use her? She wasn’t sure and maybe she was too hard on him and said things she shouldn’t have, but she was so hurt and upset. He made the band think she was some heartless monster. She barely spoke to anyone, her depression was hitting overdrive…she just didn’t know what to do. Ashley called her a few days after the break up and panic filled her voice when she heard her friend’s depressed tone. She always worried about Kimberly, she was like the sister she never had. She begged her to open up and tell her what happened and all she told her was that her and that guy Nick broke up. She couldn’t say anything else, talking about him made her depressed; it made her heart bleed more. She would do anything to make the throbbing stop, if only she had the balls to pick up the phone to call him…but she didn’t. He hasn’t talked to her for obvious reasons, he didn’t want anything to do with her. Not that she could blame him…she was the reason the Backstreet Boys broke up. Did the world know yet? Nope. Although they canceled their tour to Canada, saying that Nick was highly ill with some sort of virus. Tears drained from her eyes as she remembered everything that dreadful morning….the things AJ said to her about how worthless she was. He was right, she knew that…she always had been, but Nick for whatever reason tried proving her wrong. He almost succeeded.

She tried hiding her depression at work, but it was unfeasible. Greg noticed her change of behavior and she knew it wouldn’t take him long before he figured it out. She tried pretending to be happy, but it was just impossible. Her heart was shattered into a million pieces and putting on that kind of act wasn’t one of her talents. She never was a good actress. When Greg asked about Nick she felt like a knife was being stabbed into her heart and each time he was brought up, the knife was slowly turning; ripping her heart apart even more.


Kimberly looked up at the clock and thankfully it was just about five PM, she would be able to punch out. The door opened and she jumped when she saw Greg walk in. She was getting sick and tired of his hounding. Why did he care so much about her relationship anyway?

She looked up at him, “Did you need something?” She demanded, as she taped the last box, as she shipped it down the squeaky belt.

“I haven’t heard of that boyfriend of yours for quite some time now,” he said, almost smug. “Things didn’t work out with you?”

She tried to suppress her tears, as she put the equipment into the large blue plastic bin on a wooden shelf. “Why do you care so much about my love life suddenly?!?”

“Defensive.” He was toying with her and she knew what. What did he want? To gloat that her and Nick broke up? She didn’t need this; it was bad enough the thoughts ran in and out of his mind constantly, she could feel her eyes starting to puff from holding back the tears.

“Well, if you excuse me,” she said in a hard voice. “But I need to punch out.”

As she went to shove past him, he aggressively grabbed her arm and pushed her against the hard belt, causing the sharp edge to jab the back of her knees; almost causing her legs to give out. “You’re not going anywhere!” He hissed in a hard voice…the voice she was far too used to. “Not until I’m through with talking to you.” He knew that Nick was gone and so now his true self was coming out of hibernation.

Kimberly could feel the fear rising inside of her as she stared at him with her worrisome green eyes, “What…what do you want?!?” She demanded, “To torture me some more?!?”

A sinister look formed on his face, “It’s just so much fun!” His brown eyes narrowed as they stared her down, “And now since that fagot of a boyfriend isn’t around anymore he can’t tell me how to treat my employees. Who the fuck did he think he was?!? So if I want to grab you because you walk away, so be it I’m gonna. And if I want to knock some sense into you because you try to fuck me over by conning a raise out of me that you don’t even deserve, you bet your ass I will!” Before she could react she felt his large hand connecting to the side of her face with such a force it caused her body to jerk to the side. She nearly fell, she held herself up with the side of the belt. She could feel the burning sensation flair across her right side of her face as she looked at him in repulsion.

“How dare you even lay a hand on me!” She shouted, as she stood straight up.

He laughed, “How dare me?” His brown eyes then got sharp and he shoved her down onto the belt, which had shut off, but the sharp edges were digging into her back, “No, how DARE YOU!” He roared, “Bringing that mother fucker in here to threaten me!!! Did you think I was just going to let that slide?!?”

“I didn’t know he was going to do that!” She swore, as she felt warm tears make their way down her burning face.

“Bullshit! You’re lucky I don’t just fire your ass! So what are you going to do now, Kim? Since your bodyguard isn’t here to protect you anymore?” He then scoffed a laugh, “Did he see you naked? I don’t blame the poor soul for leaving you….in fact I almost feel sorry for the lad. Sorry for his eyes!” He laughed again and shook his head in disgust, “Why I keep you around, I don’t even know.”

Kimberly could feel anger overcome her and she jumped up and shoved him, “You fucking prick! You know what; I think if I really wanted to I really could get your ass arrested for what you just did to me!”

His eyes narrowed, “If you do that you’re not going to have a job anymore.”

She coughed out a loud laugh, “You think I care?!? If Nick were here he would – ” she had to stop herself, because she suddenly felt the hard slap of reality. The point of the matter was, Nick was not there, he wasn’t going to prevent this.

Greg raised his bushy brown eyebrow that was tinted grey, “Well, Nick isn’t here now, is he? So don’t go trying to play this tough act. It’s just going to bite you in the ass.”

“Fuck you, Greg!” She shoved past him and towards the door and turned to him before walking out, “You can’t keep treating me like this! I’m getting sick and tired of your bullshit.”

“Oh put a cork in it, Kim. I wasn’t going to let you get away with that. Letting that guy rob me like that.”

She shook her head in outrage at him, “You’re lucky that’s all he did! He wanted to murder you, I should have just let him…if he comes back around I’m not going to stop him.”

He laughed, “If? So you guys are over? I knew it. Trust me, I’m not that scared of him. Now get out of my sight before I fire you on the spot.”

“Fire me?!?” Kimberly could feel the heat building up inside of her, she just wanted to explode, “You can’t fire me because….I QUIT!!!!”

He looked at her dumbfounded, “You won’t quit.”

“I won’t?!?” She hissed, “Just watch me!”

With that said she shot out of the building and rushed to her car and jumped in the driver’s seat, slamming the door behind her. A new fresh load of tears were rolling down her face. She pressed her forehead against the steering wheel, wishing so badly that Nick was here. Wishing so badly that he would teach Greg a lesson…he would have beaten him so badly that he would need to be on life support, but she messed it up. It’s all her fault why her and Nick were no longer together, it was her fault for the band’s break up…it all her fault for everything. She missed him so much that it hurt, hurt so badly she would give anything to make the pain stop. She pulled out her phone and scrolled through the names and she just wanted to call him, she just wanted to hear his voice. But she knew it was best that she had no contact with him. She ruined his career, why on Earth would he want anything to do with her? She looked up into the rearview mirror and looked at her face; it was a deep red; she could already see it was starting to swell. The corner of the right side of her mouth was bleeding; she licked the blood away and felt a sharp sting. She touched her cheek and winced, this was going to bruise no doubt about that. She knew she should just go to the police, but she didn’t want to deal with them, she didn’t want to deal with anything. She took a deep breath and started her car, all she wanted was to crawl deep in a hole and be left alone. Laura was going to flip her lid when she found out she quit her job, but she didn’t care, she didn’t care about anything anymore. She pulled out into the street and drove towards her apartment to face Laura’s wrath…


Angel was at the mall with a few of her girl friends. Benny was at work and she was in the need to buy some new cute clothes. As she was looking at the clothes on the rack, her friends were talking about going out to a club.

“What do you say Angel?” Asked the blonde named Kendra, “We haven’t had a girls’ night out in soooo long!”

“True that!” Chimed in Becky, their other friend with the dark hair and chucky blonde highlights, “You can even bring that boy toy of yours.”

Angel laughed, “Boy toy? I think he’s a bit more than that.” She then shrugged, “Maybe.” A couple passing through the clothing store caught her eye, “I’ll be right back.” She then rushed over towards the man and woman holding hands, “Hey!” She ran over and grabbed the guy’s arm, “What are you doing here, Brian?!? Aren’t you supposed to be in Canada?”

“You mean Nick didn’t tell you?” He asked in surprise.

“Tell me what?”

Leighanne looked at her husband, “I think I see a few purses over there I like…I’ll let you two talk.”

He nodded, “Okay, Leigh.” He sweetly kissed her on the lips before she left for the rack of pocketbooks. Brian then looked back at Angel whose face was full with confusion, “I’m really surprised Nick hadn’t talk to you.”

“I haven’t heard from him in almost two weeks.”

“Yeah, me either,” he mumbled.

Fear soon began to overwhelm her, “Is he…is he okay?!?”

He shrugged, “I guess so…since he’s the one to do it.”

“Do what?”

Brian inhaled deeply as he said, “He quit the group, Angel.”

Her brown eyes expanded as what he said sunk in, “HE DID WHAT?!?”

“Shhh!” He ordered, as he used his hands to tell her to keep the volume down, “We don’t want it to get out…yet.”

“What…what did you tell the fans? What are you going to do? Why would he do that?!?” Questions flowed out of her mouth so quickly they almost sounded squashed together.

He shrugged, “He claims he’s been unhappy for a long time…but…I don’t know.”

She tried to study him, “You don’t believe him?”

“The other guys and myself…well we kind of think this new girl is the real reason.”

“What? Are you serious? I know that Nick likes her, but I doubt he would throw his whole life away for a girl he barely knows.”

“Yeah, you’re telling me. I don’t know what’s running through his head, all I know is that he’s lost and I wish he’d find his way. I don’t know this girl and I don’t know what she’s telling him, but…it worries me.”

“I met her,” explained Angel. “And I saw no signs that she was imputing bad thoughts in his head….in fact she was downright crazy about him. And he…well he told me that he actually thought he was in love with her.” She then paused, “But now that I come to think of it, not too long ago he came over my place to vent about some interview you guys had. Apparently AJ was being really mean to Kim. He’s been unhappy for a long time, Brian and he’s so crazy about this girl. Maybe he was getting sick and tired of having to put up a front for you guys?”

He sighed and shook his head, “I don’t know, Angel. I mean yeah, AJ has been pretty mean about this girl, but that shouldn’t cause someone to quit a group!”

She nodded, “I know. So where is he?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, I’ve tried to call him, everyone has. We’re hoping this is just some stupid thing he’s going through and will snap out of it. But so far we’re not hearing anything from him….I’m really scared this is it for the Backstreet Boys.”

“I’ll call him,” she promised. Angel pulled out her phone and dialed her brother’s number and all she got was his voice mail…that was startling. He always picked up whenever she called, “Hmm…that’s weird. Where’s he staying?”

Brian shrugged again, “He packed all his things and left, Hell I don’t even know if he’s even in the same state anymore.”

She shook her head, “No, he wouldn’t leave….not when Kim is here and she has a job. She won’t just get up and leave.”

Brian studied her with his blue eyes, “She has a job?”

She nodded, “Yep. You would be surprised about this one….I know I was. She’s different, she really cares about him. He wants her to quit her job, but she won’t, she likes making her own money. How many girls do you know that date my brother are like that? Nick told me he feels that AJ doesn’t like her because of how she looks. Do you think that’s really true?”

“I honestly don’t even know with him….he does bash her appearance a lot though. So maybe.”

Angel’s face turned hard, “God, he’s such a sleaze.”

“I think there’s more to it though. I’ve never seen AJ have such a dislike towards a girl he doesn’t even know before. I really doubt it has anything to do with how she looks. I think he’s scared he’s losing Nick…we all are, but I think AJ’s taking it the hardest.”

Leighanne then walked over with a new black leather Baby Phat purse, “Is everything okay now?” She wondered.

Angel shook her head, “No, not really. I can bet you where he is.”

“Where?” Questioned Brian.

“His place in Tampa. I gotta go….I need to talk to him. He wouldn’t just quit the group unless there was a real reason. I mean yeah, he was really upset that one day, but once Kim texted him he was so happy.” She let out a loud sigh, “Something is wrong, I’ll update you when I come back.” She quickly ran over to her friends, “Listen, I can’t go out tonight, I need to find my brother.”

“Oh God,” moaned Becky. “What kind of trouble is Aaron in now?”

“It’s not Aaron. If I leave can you guys find a way home?”

“I’ll take care of it,” said Brian, walking from behind them.

She smiled thankfully, “Thanks. Bye, girls. I’ll call you later.”

“Wait!” Cried Kendra, “Is Nick okay?”

She turned to face her friend and shrugged, “I honestly don’t know.” With that said, she rushed off into her car and sped to Nick’s house in Tampa.


Nick felt the beer finally hitting him, as he laid down on his back on the black sofa. The marble coffee table was full with empty beer cans. He just wanted this pain to stop; drinking himself to death seemed like a good idea at the time. But all it made him want to do was cry like a little bitch, he wanted to call her, go down to her place, but he couldn’t. He threw his hands over his face, he hated himself…he hated everything. He just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. He missed his Baby Angel more than he’s missed anything or anybody before and the pain he caused her….oh man, the pain. How could he allow himself to be such a douche bag like that?!? He grabbed his phone and pulled up to her name, he chewed on his bottom lip, it’s been two weeks and she hasn’t called him once…he was hoping he’d at least get a text. But he got nothing….nothing at all. He really fucked up, saying those hurtful things to her, he hated himself.

He jumped as he heard a pounding on the door; his heart lit up with hope, but it quickly vanished, he never showed her his house. All she knew was that it was in Tampa. He hesitantly stood up, afraid it was one of the guys and he knew if it was AJ standing in his doorstep he would have no problem breaking every bone in his body.

He took a deep breath as he opened the door and was surprised to see his sister, “Angel?!? What, what are you doing here?” He demanded, as his tone slurred a bit.

Her brown eyes turned dark as she looked at him over, “My God! You’re drunk!” She screeched, “What the Hell is the matter with you, Nick?!?” She demanded, “Drinking is more important than your life?”

“Shut it, Angel!” He hissed, “Is that why you came here? To lecture me? Well, I don’t want to hear it, so why don’t you just fuck off!” He yelled, turning his back towards her and walking back into the living room and throwing himself down on the couch.

“FUCK OFF?!?” She shouted, “No, you did not just tell me to FUCK OFF!” She stormed inside the house, slamming the door shut behind her, “What the fuck is up your – ” she stopped herself once she saw the state he was truly in. His hair was a mess, it looked like had hadn’t showered in almost three days, his face was unshaven and his clothes were beyond wrinkled. “Nick,” she said, in a softer tone. “Why did you leave the group?” She asked, as she sat on the arm of the couch he had thrown himself into it.

“So that’s what this is about?” He coughed up a laugh, “Did Kevin or one of the other guys beg you to come find me?”

“No…I saw Brian at the mall with Leighanne and asked why he wasn’t in Canada and he told me the news…I mean I know you were thinking about it, but Nick – this is your life. You can’t just throw it away…for some girl.”

“For some girl?!?” He yelled as, he jumped up, startling her, “You think I fucking left the group because of Kim?!? That’s fucking bullshit. I left because I’m sick and tired on how they’re treating me! And yeah, okay I’ll admit it; Kim may have something to do with it, only because I am fucking up to here on how AJ talks about her.”

“Well, what does she think of this little stunt you pulled, Nick? I’m sure she can’t be happy about it.”

He sat back down and ran his hands through his greasy blonde hair and shook his head, “No, she’s not. What good am I when I’m not in the band?”

She looked at him confused, “What?”

He pulled his hand from his face and looked at her with his suffering blood shot eyes, “We broke up, Angel…I said things…she said things….I was such an asshole. But she overheard our stupid fight…about how I quit and she begged me to work things out with the guys. I mean for a mere second I felt maybe she was only with me because I was in the band, you know? Why would she care so much that we broke up?” He cleared his throat as he felt it starting to get scratchy, “And so I called her a fan….I said the guys were right. How the fuck could I say that to her, Angel?!?” By that time small tears were slowly running down his face and the rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hands.

She moved closer towards him and put her hand on his shoulder, “Do you….do you think she was using you?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know…she seemed so different – she was so perfect. She didn’t care about the Backstreet Boy me, she cared about who I was…Nick Carter. Then all this shit happened. She hasn’t called me in two weeks and I don’t know what to think. I miss her so much.”

Angel wrapped her arms tightly around her brother, “It’ll be okay, Nick. I’m so sorry this happened to you, but it’ll be okay I promise. I knew you dating a fan was a bad idea.”

“I’m so stupid,” he mumbled through his soft sobs.

“Shh, no you’re not.” She kissed him on the cheek, “You’re not…she just fooled us….Hell, she even had me fooled.”

“What am I gonna do?”

She pulled away from his hold and looked at him and could see the torment in his eyes, she hated how much pain her brother was in. She just wished she could make it go away, “I wish I knew,” she softly answered. “But sadly you’ve been through this before and I know how much it hurts, but in time it’ll go away.”

He let out a loud groan and threw his head back on the couch and ran his hands over his face, “I just didn’t think I would have to worry about this with her…she was so different – I know if I just talked to her maybe we can – ”

“No, Nick!” Snapped Angel, “She’s no good for you. I mean, look what she’s doing to you! You need to stay away from her, you got that?”

He pulled his hands away from his face and looked at his sister annoyed, “I think I’m capable of seeing whoever I want without my little sister’s approval.” He then stood up, “Like it or not Angel I am in love with her and I fucked up and I am willing to do anything to get her back. I’m probably wrong about her using me, I mean she never brought the other guys up…I was just being a dick. I hurt her…I mean really hurt her!”

“Well, good! She deserves to be hurt.”

His tinted red eyes glared at her, “No, she doesn’t. Whatever, I’m gonna take a shower, I don’t feel like talking about this anymore. Thanks for checking up on me, but I’m fine.”

She sighed, “Nick. No, you’re not fine. You’re hurting here, you can’t just let that slide, you can’t just let her get away with it. This is why people walk all over you!”

“Goodbye, Angel!” He growled, as he walked into the bathroom, slamming the door hard behind him.

She groaned, “Nick.” She ran her hands through her hair, she wasn’t just going to sit around and let this bitch hurt her brother even more. She should have just went with her gut instant, she knew fans were no good for her brother, so why should this one be any different? She was going to show her what happens when you fuck with her family. She got up and walked over towards the bathroom door. She could hear the shower running, “Listen, Nick,” she spoke loudly through the door. “I gotta jet, I’m sorry if I got you angry, but you gotta understand where I’m coming from. I love you and I’m only doing this for your own good. I’ll call you later.” With that said, she left his house and got into her car, and sped down the freeway…having no idea how to find this girl, but she was going to really give it to her once she did.


Kimberly pulled into her driveway, seeing another yellow convertible was parked in her parking spot. Who’s car was that? Maybe Ronny’s? But she didn’t remember him having such a nice vehicle before. She just shrugged it off and parked along the side of it, so he or whoever it belonged to could get out. Once she put the car in park she looked herself over in the rear view mirror once more, seeing the mark on her face was turning into a large bruise. There was no possible way to hide it. She touched it and flinched, she tried to force the tears to stay in her eyes, she had been doing far too much crying. What was she going to tell Laura? That someone wacked her with an elbow? That was believable. Okay, that was the story she would use. She got out of the car and walked into the apartment and saw Laura sitting on the couch, she almost looked…well annoyed.

“What’s wrong with you?” Wondered Kimberly, she did everything in her power to keep her voice from breaking.

“Nothing,” she snapped in a hard voice. Her brown eyes then glued to her face, “What happened to you?”

She just shrugged, “Got wacked in the elbow, wasn’t watching what I was doing.”

She scoffed a laugh, “Wow…only you.”

Kimberly just shrugged, “Well, I’m going to be in my room.”

“Well, there’s a surprise for you there.”

She raised her thin light brown eyebrow, “Oh? What?”

“Nothing important,” Laura simply answered, as her attention turned to the television.

Kimberly looked at her roommate questionably before walking up the stairs and into her bedroom. Once she opened the door something popped out at her, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BITCH!”

She stumbled back, nearly tripping on her own two feet. It was….ASHLEY! She regained her balance and lunged herself at her best friend, “Oh My God! ASHLEY!” She cried and squeezed her friend with all her might.

She snickered, “I thought I was the perfect birthday present…sorry I’m a little late though. It was a bitch to get time off of work.”

“I don’t care, as long as you’re here!” She choked out and before she knew it she was softly sobbing as she hugged her best friend.

This concerned Ashley, “Hey, Kim? Are you okay? Why are you crying?!?” She demanded, as she held the crying girl in her arms.

“I’m sorry,” she sniffled, as she pulled away. “I just…I just missed you so much.”

That was when Ashley noticed the large unwelcomed bruise on her frail face, “What happened? God, I feel like such a shitty friend…so much stuff has happened to you and I haven’t been there for you.”

Kimberly sat down on her bed, “You live a thousand miles away, Ash. You’re doing the best that you can.”

She sat down next to her, “Apparently that’s not enough. Now cut the bullshit, Kim. What’s wrong? And how the Hell did you get that gigantic bruise?”

“I-I quit my job today…” she then trailed off.

“Why?”

“Greg…he – he hit me, Ash. I just – I just can’t deal anymore of his abuse. Nick scared him and now that Nick is gone….Greg went on a field day.” Kimberly dropped her head, “I miss him so much,” she quietly wept.

“WAIT!!!” She screeched, “He hit you?!?” She silently nodded, “Oh, that son of a bitch! You are going to press charges; you are going to put his nasty ass in jail.”

“No,” she protested. “I don’t want anything to do with him. I can’t deal with it…at least not right now.”

Dismay soon began to fill up inside of her, “I’m worried about you, girl. I mean really worried. I know how upset you are about the break up with you and that Nick guy…but I’ve never seen you like this before.”

Kimberly sighed, “I know…and to be honest I’m worried about me too, Ash.” She looked up at her best friend, “I’ve never been this distraught from one guy before. I – I loved Nick so much…and it’s almost like I don’t even know how to cope.” She then ran her hands through her hair, “I just want this feeling to go away.”

Ashley embraced her into a tight hug, “I know you do, Kim. But it’ll be okay, I swear. And I’m gonna be staying here for a week and I promise you, I’m gonna do anything to help you smile again.”

Kimberly wrapped her arms around her best friend tighter, “I love you so much. Thank you for coming to see me.”

“I love you too, bitch.” Kimberly softly chuckled and Ashley pulled out of her hold, “How about we get the heck out of this place…it gives me the chills. We’ll go out and talk…it seems we REALLY need to talk. Maybe we can go to the mall and shop? Shopping always helps me,” she added with a grin.

A smile slowly appeared on Kimberly’s lips and she nodded, “Yeah, I’d like that. Let me get dressed first.” She quickly changed out of her uniform and slipped on a pair of dark blue jeans and a white V-neck shirt and threw her hair up in a messy bun, “Okay, let’s go.”

“Sweet.”

“So is that car yours?” Wondered Kimberly, as they walked down the stairs.

Ashley laughed, “I wish, I rented it. It’s hot though, I’d kill for it. Figured why not look stylin’ while here in Florida? I mean, I do bring this state alive somewhat.”

Kimberly giggled, “Yes, you do. It was rather dull before you arrived here.”

She smiled widely, “I know.”

“Where are you two going?” Demanded Laura as she stood up from the couch.

The tension between Ashley and Laura was becoming a little too thick for Kimberly’s liking, “We’re just gonna head out for a bit. We have stuff to talk about. We’ll be back in a few hours.”

“Okay good.”

Ashley sneered at her, she hated how Laura was acting. Ever since Laura found out she got a modeling contract she’s been a complete bitch to her. “Why is that good?” She asked as nice as she possibly could.

“Because Ronny might be coming over so take your time.”

“Fine with us. Come on, Ash.”

Ashley and Laura had a stare down for a few seconds before she left the apartment with Kimberly. “How do you even put up with her?”

She just shrugged, “I honestly don’t even know.”

They both then got into the car and sped off; heading towards the outdoor mall, Kimberly defiantly had things to tell her best friend. If she didn’t tell someone soon she was just going to explode.
Cold Hearted Bitch by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 14 ~



Laura was in the apartment all alone, she wanted to do something. She was waiting for Ronny to call her, but she hadn’t heard anything yet and it was really starting to annoy her. She was so peeved that Ashley had the nerve to just show up like that, who did she think she was? A little bit of a notice would have been nice. She disliked Ashley ever since she introduced her to Kimberly. They used to be really great friends, but something changed in her, almost like she thought Kimberly was better than her. That was bullshit. Ashley lost one of the most amazing people in her life and it was almost like she couldn’t even give a damn. And what was up with her modeling? Worst part, what was up with her getting a contact?!? Laura had been working her ass off for how many years? And with Ashley, she barely even had to try. She ran her hands through her dark hair; she hated her with a passion – she couldn’t wait until she was gone. Who knew what kind of shit she was drilling into her roommate’s head.

Laura let out a silent groan and she stood up. If Ronny hadn’t called yet, he probably wasn’t even going to. She sometimes didn’t even know why she was with him. It still bothered her that Nick had never called her. She just didn’t understand it, why wouldn’t he want to call her? She knew if she kept on thinking about it, it was going to drive her mad, so she decided to take a quick shower. As she was about to walk into the bathroom, her phone went off and she immediately picked up. “Finally,” she mumbled to herself as she flipped it open, “Yeah?”

“Laura, hey,” said Ronny on the other end. “So a few friends of mine want go to a club in Miami.”

She felt a smile spread out across her face, she would kill to actually get out and do something, “That’s awesome! What time?” This was just what she needed to get her mind off Ashley...even Nick.

“Eight,” he answered.

She looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was already six-thirty, “Okay, that’ll give me an hour ½ to get ready.”

“Laura,” he softly said. “It cost like fifty dollars to get in this club and I can’t pay for you this time.”

She felt her face fall. He couldn’t pay a measly fifty dollars?!? Why the Hell was she even with him in the first place? He was always so cheap, she knew Nick would have no problem paying. God damn it, why didn't he ever call her? “Oh, you can’t?” Disappointment showed in her voice; she wanted to make it known that she was upset.

“Yeah, I’m really sorry,” he sounded sincere. “So do you think you can swing it?”

“Uh…” she knew she couldn’t, she was flat broke. She hadn’t had a modeling gig in a few weeks; of course she had been lying to Kimberly about that. “Let me get back to you.”

“Okay. Just call me when you know for sure. Hopefully I’ll see you soon.”

“Yeah, hopefully,” she mumbled before hanging up the phone. “God damn it, Ronny!” She hissed.

She was so aggravated that she had no money; she hadn’t gone out to a nice club in so long. She ran to the computer and checked her online banking and silently cursed to herself as she saw she only had twenty dollars. What was she going to do? She chewed on her bottom lip and decided to see if Kimberly had any money lingering around. Laura hated herself for even considering stealing from her roommate, but she really wanted to go out tonight. Plus, she had a job, she wouldn't mind....much. She walked into Kimberly’s bedroom and began to skim the area to see if there was any money laying around. Nothing. She walked over to the white barrow and searched the flat surface, still nothing – not even a dime! She was getting frustrated; at this rate she was going to have to rob a bank! She then opened the top drawer, maybe Kimberly hid some money in with her underwear. As she was searching she found her photo that the Backstreet Boys signed. She shrugged and took it out, but once she did that she saw some photos and picked them up. Her jaw literally dropped once she saw them. Laura immediately grabbed the photos and sat down on the floor with the photo next to her and looked through the pictures. There was about six of them. Four of them were from what it looked like a theme park in one of those photo booths. This wouldn’t have bothered her one bit except the person she was with was….Nick Carter!

The first photo he was kissing her cheek; very cute, but Laura could feel the jealousy flair up inside of her. The second one, they were making funny faces; sticking their tongues out with their face scrunched up. The third they were just smiling; looking very happy, Laura could feel herself trembling from rage. How could she keep something like this from her?!? Kimberly knew how crazy she was about the guy, that backstabbing bitch! The forth one was what made her really explode; it was a photo of them kissing – kissing! How could Nick even want to kiss her?!? She then looked at the last two photos. Kimberly was in someone else’s house while on the couch with Nick. He was sitting up and Kimberly was laying on him, with her head on his chest while his hand was on her back. They were both looking up at the camera and smiling…he looked happy – way too happy! She could make him happy….she would make him happy. She then looked at the last one and Laura was in complete stun. It was a group photo with Kimberly, Nick and his sister Angel with some other guy she had never seen. All smiles – so all that time while she said she was out with some Dave dude it was really Nick Carter?!? Her face then froze, she called Nick Carter ugly?!? He was the one that was a dick to her? What was Kimberly saying about her to him? She was making her look bad! Laura put the photos down and then looked at the Backstreet Boy photo and her chocolate eyes blew up. AJ Mclean thought she was hot?!? Why didn’t Kimberly tell her?!? What, did she want all the boys to herself? That selfish bitch. Laura could feel her breathing increasing as she read Nick’s message to her. She couldn’t believe….just couldn’t fucking believe it! He told Kimberly not to tell her?!? And he gave her his number? Hold the phone, why the Hell was he so interested in this girl and not her? Last time Laura checked, Kimberly was not model material! She aggressively ran her hands through her dark hair. She chewed on her lower lip and she jumped up, grabbing the photo and she ran to get her phone. She dialed the number on the photo and it rang a few times and then a voice mail picked up. She could feel her heart in her chest slam against her rib cage as his voice filled her ears, this was really Nick Carter’s personal cell-phone number! She would just call him back later, she was going to give that roommate of hers a piece of her mind when she got home that was for sure! Laura could feel herself trembling, she decided to take a shower to calm her nerves and what to say for when she called Nick back. She quickly returned the photos and placed them neatly back into the drawer and programmed Nick’s number into her phone. He was going to forget all about Kimberly – wait!!! She remembered that Kimberly was crushed because her and that Dave guy broke up…that meant that….her and Nick broke up?!? This was her chance, oh yes Nick was going to be hers…she was going to make sure of it!


Ashley and Kimberly went to an outdoor mall that was a few miles from her apartment. Ashley was right, shopping defiantly always helped when you needed to get your mind off things, but unfortunately Nick still lingered in her mind. She missed him dearly. Finally Ashley broke through and asked what had happened. What could Kimberly tell her? Could she really say Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys? She kept it simple.

“Two weeks ago he took me to this place he was staying at and we had the most amazing sex I’ve ever had!”

Ashley’s brown eyes enlarged, “Nice!” Her lovely face then turned hard, “Wait! He didn’t leave you after you guys fucked right?!?” Her tone turned so sharp it could slice through any metal.

“No, no. It wasn’t like that,” defended Kimberly. “Nick was really sweet….but….the next day while I was in the shower his…” she tried to pick her words wisely, “Friends kind of just barged in. He defiantly was not happy to see them and I had no idea they were even there, so here I am walking out in only a towel. I got dressed and one of them asked me kindly to leave so they could talk to Nick. I mean, it wasn’t a big deal; they obviously had to work some things out. I was okay with it, but Nick…God he wasn’t and when I said it was fine he flipped out! I have never heard him yell at me like that….he’s never yelled at me at all. So I just walked out, I was so angry.” Kimberly could feel the tears sting her eyes as she remembered the horrid memory.

“Well…those guys shouldn’t have barged in like that anyway! I mean can we say rude?!? But yeah, def not cool that he yelled at you.”

“And I did something bad….I listened to the conversation and I wish I didn’t….those guys clearly did not like me at all. But what really hurt was that Nick made it out like I was taking him away from his responsibilities. And well I confronted him and we got into such a fight, Ash….and finally we were at my place and it just blew up so bad that we both just said fuck it.” By that time Kimberly could feel warm tears making their way down her face, “And I miss him so much…I – I really loved him. I know it may be crazy because I didn’t know him that long, but I did. I know there’s no way to get him back.”

Ashley embraced her tightly in her arms, “Shh, it’s going to be okay. Why don’t you talk to him? Call him or something?”

“What’s the point?” She quietly sobbed, as she pulled away, “He hasn’t bothered to call me in all this time; he obviously wants nothing to do with me….I mean how can I blame him?”

“Don’t say that. For all you know, he could be just as scared as you are.”

“I somehow doubt that,” Kimberly mumbled.

“Come on,” ordered Ashley, as she pulled her arm. “Let’s go in FYE. Music is good for the soul.”

Not in the case, not for Kimberly. Music is what would hurt more….every time a song played on the radio and it was Backstreet Boys it made her heart bleed a little more. Nothing would ever stop this pain, nothing. She had something good and she let it pass, she fucked up – when she was with Nick she had never been happier and without him, she had never been more miserable.

She and Ashley walked into the music store FYE and it were as if karma was there to bite her in the ass, because the song on the radio was I’ll Never Break Your Heart. “You gotta be kidding me,” she softly moaned, as she felt her heart squeeze in agony from the lyrics over the intercom.

Ashley turned to her and noticed her sudden facial expression of anguish, “What’s wrong?!?” She demanded as concern filled her voice.

Kimberly just shook her head, “Noth-nothing I’m just fine. I just…I just got a really bad cramp. No biggie.”

Ashley studied her for a few moments; it almost seemed that she didn’t believe her, “We can pick up some Midol if you want?”

She shook her head, “Nah, I’ll be okay. I’m just gonna look at some music.”

“Okay…”

Kimberly walked away and towards the CDs and saw the Backstreet albums, she pulled out their newest one; Never Gone and traced Nick’s photo with her index finger. Oh how she missed him, she wished that he kept that promise and never broke her heart. She then jumped as she heard Ashley squeal.

“Oh My God!”

“What?!?” She demanded, as she tried to get her heart rhythm back down so she wouldn’t have a heart attack.

“Look at this!” She ordered, as she walked over towards Kimberly with an open magazine, “Does he not look luscious or what?!?”

Kimberly felt like her heart had just got stabbed all over again, as she saw the photos in the magazine. It was Nick at Disney Land, luckily the way she was turned no one could get a good glimpse of her, “He’s alright,” she quickly said, as she turned away; feeling a few tears trinkle down her face.

“Just alright?!? Kim, you’d be all over this in a heartbeat! What’s the matter with you?” Ashley’s voice nothing but teasing.

“I just don’t like him anymore, alright?!?” She tried to hold it back, she tried so hard, but she failed miserably and her voice broke.

“Kim?” Ashley’s voice so soft it sounded like a whisper and she touched her shoulder. That was when she saw the tears, “What’s wrong?!?” She hugged her, “Please tell me what’s wrong.”

She couldn’t do it anymore, she just couldn’t, she had to break her promise. “I miss him so much, Ash.”

Ashley quickly skimmed the photos in the magazine and that was when she realized that Kimberly was the mystery girl in the photos with him, “There is no Nick Black is there?”

She shook her head, “I’m so sorry, I wanted to tell you…I did! But Nick asked me not to tell anyone. Do you hate me?”

“Of course not! Come on,” she gently ordered. “I think it’s time you and I have a serious talk.” Ashley put the magazine back on the self and grabbed Kimberly’s hand and pulled her from the store and began to walk outside of the mall. “So Nick and his friends….those are….the other Backstreet Boys I assume?” She just silently nodded as her head was down, “And they don’t like you? Why not?”

“I blame Nick for that,” she murmured.

“Why? I don’t understand….”

She looked up at her best friend with her tinted red eyes, “He had been avoiding doing things…things he was supposed to do. The other guys assumed I was the reason for his lack of discipline and he did nothing to correct their allegations.” She then shrugged, “I don’t know why he let them think I was this cold hearted bitch, but what is done is done.” Kimberly then looked at Ashley with serious eyes, “What I’m about to tell you….you cannot let it get out, okay?” She just nodded, “Well, the guys got into such a bad fight…Nick…he actually quit the group.”

Ashley’s chocolate eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, “Wait, what?!?”

“Shhh!” She hissed.

“Sorry,” she said, in a softer tone. “But Nick quit the Backstreet Boys?!?” Her whispering voice turning frantic.

Kimberly nodded, “Yes and it’s all my fault. They were fighting because of me! They broke up because of me!” The sharp sting of reality was settling in and she felt her eyes overflow with tears until they poured down her cheeks.

“Come on, Kim,” said Ashley in a comforting voice. “You couldn’t possibly be the real reason why the group broke up.”

“Oh no?” She wiped the tears that dribbled down her face, “You weren’t there, Ash…you didn’t hear how they were talking about me. Nick was defending me…but it cost him his whole career – I mean how could he even do that?!?”

“It sounds like to me he really loves you, Kim. I mean, risking all that for you.”

She shook her head, “No…he doesn’t,” she said, in a broken voice. “How could he? Look at me!” She screeched, “AJ’s been right – I mean, what could Nick actually see in me other than sex? I just have to face it…he used me. For all I know, he could have made a bet with one of his friends.”

“Don’t go doing this to yourself,” pleaded Ashley.

“Why not?” She sobbed.

Ashley then tightly embraced her, “Because you’re beautiful. Nick fell for you, for a reason. Don’t beat yourself up like this, you can’t. The only way you will stop feeling like this is if you talk to him. You have to.”

Kimberly pulled away and wiped her eyes, “I don’t know….what if he doesn’t want to see me?”

“Stop what if’ing me, Kim! It’s something you need to do! Give him a call.”

She shook her head, “I just can’t….let me wait until after when I’m not a wreck.”

Ashley nodded, “Fine.” She then smirked, “But we’re gonna make you so hot when you see him! I saw the perfect store, come on!”

Kimberly’s lips twitched and she half smiled, “Okay….let’s go.”

Ashley’s smile turned bright, as she looped her arm with Kimberly’s and they walked through the outdoor mall.


“I mean can you believe that?!?” Screeched Angel; whom was in the car with Benny. He had gotten out of work so they decided to grab something to eat, “I really thought his girl was different, ugh I knew I should have just went with my gut instant. And I swear to God if I see her so be it – ”

“Angie,” he ordered in a stern voice. “Calm down. You can’t keep on fighting your brother’s battles for him; he can do it on his own. He wants to work things out with her, so why don’t you just let him? From what I saw, she wasn’t all bad…she works, she’s not using him. Come on, we hung out with them a few times, and I saw nothing bad about her. She’s crazy for him…I think it was just a bad misunderstanding if you ask me.”

Angel shot him a hard look, “What?!? How could you even say that, Benny? I mean, come on – look what she’s putting him through. She’s no good for my brother and I will not let her hurt him again.”

“Babe, you know I love you, but it’s really not your choice. If he wants her, let him have her. He’s miserable without her, let him be happy – let him make his own decisions.”

She folded her arms and looked out the window. She could feel her teeth grinding, Benny should be on her side. Nick was confused and didn’t know what he wanted, she was the one that was supposed to help him – she had to help him. She wasn’t going to let him get used.

They drove past an outdoor mall and suddenly Angel’s head whipped around as she saw Kimberly walking with another girl. “STOP THE CAR!”

“What?!?”

“Benny, stop the fucking car!”

As much as he didn’t want to, he pulled over on the side of the road, “Now what is your problem?” He demanded.

“Pull into the mall.”

He glanced over and saw Kimberly and looked back at Angel, “No…no fucking way! You are not going to start anything. Just leave the girl alone.”

Angel’s eyes turned tight, “Fine,” she hissed through her teeth. “I’ll just walk over and have a taxi get me.”

He rolled his eyes and pulled back onto the main road and drove across the street into the mall’s parking lot. “You know this is not a good idea. Nick is going to be so pissed if he finds out.”

She shrugged, “At this rate I don’t care. I’m not going to watch him get his heart ripped out again.” With that said, she got out of the car and slammed the door shut and ran out of the garage and tried to find that girl that broke her brother’s heart.

Benny dropped his head down onto the steering wheel and moaned. He understood where Angel was coming from and he knew why she wanted to protect her brother, but this just wasn’t right. Nick was going to be pissed he already knew that. He then got out of the car himself and searched for his girlfriend, he was just hoping Angel wouldn’t find the girl.


Ashley and Kimberly had just walked out of a nice store called DEMO, they had some nice things, but Kimberly just wasn’t feeling it. But with Ashley around she knew she wasn’t going to give up until she found something she liked. Maybe she should just lie?

Suddenly her body was jerked back, “There you are!”

That was when Kimberly was face to face with Nick’s fuming sister, “Ang-Angel, what are you – ”

“You think you can just fucking use my brother and get away with it?!? Well, you have another thing coming! I knew you were no good from the start.”

Ashley’s eyes burned with anger and she shoved Angel away from Kimberly, “I don’t know who the fuck you think you are – but you have no right to talk to her like that. Let alone touch her!”

Angel sneered at the dark haired girl in front of her, “This is none of your business!” She spat, “So if I were you, I would just walk away.”

“When you start harassing my home girl, I make it my business. I don’t care who you are….I don’t care who you know. All I know is, if you don’t walk away, I will fucking rip your throat out.”

Benny saw his girlfriend and another girl going at it and he raced over to them, “Hey, hey, hey!” He grabbed Angel, “What’s going on here?”

“What do you think?” She snapped and then eyed Ashley, “This bitch started on me!”

“Well, maybe if you didn’t grab my friend, then this bitch wouldn’t be all up in your face. You don’t know anything about your own brother if you think she used him. Did he say that, huh?”

“Ashley, stop,” whispered Kimberly.

Angel glared at Kimberly and then Ashley, “Actually he did.”

Kimberly’s jaw dropped an inch, “He…he did?”

“That’s right. And I swear to God if you ever go him, contacting him, I will make your life a living Hell.”

“Angel, stop it,” ordered Benny.

“No! I’m not going to let this slut hurt my brother ever again.” She then glared back at Kimberly, “So you better stay away from him.”

“Trust me, I don’t think that that’ll be a problem,” she choked out before shoving past Ashley and down the sidewalk.

“Kim!” Cried Ashley, but she just kept on running. She then turned her attention towards Angel, “Listen, I don’t know who the fuck you think you are!” She hissed, “But you had absolutely no right doing that to her! You say she broke Nick’s heart?!? He broke hers! She’s been crying her heart out over that loser. He lied to her about everything!”

“Loser?!?” Angel felt the fire in her heat up, “Don’t go fucking calling my brother a loser, you don’t know anything about him.”

“And apparently neither do you!” Ashley then booked it and rushed after Kimberly, praying she found her before she did something stupid.

Benny glared at Angel, “Now why did you have to go and do that, Angel?!?” He demanded, “You crushed that girl, why would you lie to her like that?”

“What are you talking about? I didn’t lie! What did I lie about, Benny?!?”

“Nick saying he said she used him! I know you want to protect him, but that was crossing the fucking line! You really hurt her, God damn, I hate how conniving you can be sometimes!”

“I didn’t lie! He said he thought she was…yeah okay, I might have made it seem like it was more like a fact than a question, but you know what? I’m glad she’s hurt! Nick was drunk off his ass when I saw him because of what she did. And you know what? I’m not sorry! She’s not going to fuck up my brother and get away with it. Come on, let’s go.”

Benny groaned, feeling horrible for that girl. Angel went a step too far and that girl was devastated thinking Nick thought she was using him that whole time. He almost wanted to go find her and clear things up, but he knew it wasn’t his place, he didn’t want to get into it…he couldn’t. He didn’t want Nick to find out and then have him at his throat; he knew once he found out what Angel had done it was not going to be pretty….not pretty at all.


Kimberly had run into the public restroom and was sitting down on the toilet as she cried her bleeding heart out. She brushed her hair from her face and allowed the tears to freely run down her flushed cheeks. How could Nick really think that? HOW?!? She was so hurt and upset; she just didn’t know how to deal with this kind of pain. She grabbed her phone and scrolled down the names until it landed on his name and she pressed the call button. She was starting to feel nauseous, what was she going to say to him? Her voice was still broken and the tears were still flowing, but she couldn’t back out now. Thankfully she got his voice mail, should she just hang up? No, she wouldn’t. She was going to leave him a message.

She cleared her throat and as soon as it beeped for her to leave a message she cried her heart out to that voice mail, “Nick,” she said, in her broke voice. “You know I love you, I love you more than I have ever loved a man before and for you…God for you to even think so low of me…” her voice was choking as she sobbed into the phone. “I never used you, I need you to know that, I don’t know what it has to take for you to know that. But I can’t believe you would tell your sister what kind of person I am! And then have her come bully me while I was out! I get it, you hate me – I don’t blame you, I hate me too. And I swear to God, I will never bother you again, but I am begging you, please…don’t have Angel come and threaten me. Well…I – I guess there’s nothing left to say except….well I love you and I’m so sorry for all the damage I caused. Goodbye….have a great life.” She hung up the phone and dropped her head and wept, it hurt, hurt so bad. What she would give to make this pain go away. Her phone than rang and her heart jumped, what if it was him? But she saw it was Ashley and she could breathe again, “Hel –hello?”

“Kim!” Her voice was frantic, “Where are you?!? Are you okay?”

“Yeah…yeah, I’m fine,” she said, as she sniffled. “I just…I just needed to breathe for a second. I’m in the bathroom. Can we…can we just leave now?”

“Yeah, sweetie. I’m coming to you and then we can leave, okay?”

“Thanks,” she said, before her voice broke again and she hung up the phone and ran her hands through her hair. She had to get him out of her mind….it was over, really over. He hated her and she just had to learn to accept that.


Nick had to get some air so he left the house for a few hours, not even caring that he forgot his phone. He knew the only person to call him would be Angel and that was to bitch him out some more….or maybe the other guys. He didn’t need to deal with that. He went out to the store, bumped into a few fans; they were asking if he was okay, because they heard he was sick. Of course he had to play it up and told him he was getting better, but still didn’t feel all that hot. The fans were very kind…maybe too kind. There was a really cute one, but all he could do was think about her. It would have been so easy for him to make a move on her, it would have been so easy to take her back to his place, but he just couldn't. Kimberly was the only woman he wanted, the only one he needed.

He made it back to his place a little before sunset and collapsed down on the couch. He saw his phone was flashing, he didn’t even want to look, but he grabbed it anyway off the table and saw he had two missed calls. One number he had never seen before and the other one….it was….it was Kimberly! He saw he had a voice mail; his heart went into his throat as he hit the button to listen. And as he listened to it, he gripped the phone tightly and his heart slowly starting to shrivel up. She was crying so horribly it was almost difficult for him to understand her, but the parts he could...how the fuck could Angel do that?!? She thought he hated her? What did Angel say to her? How could his own sister do that? She knew how crazy he was about her still. He felt the anger take the best of him and he jumped up and grabbed his car keys and got into his car and sped down the highway, he was going to kill her, fucking kill her!


“So what do you want to watch?” Asked Angel, as she looked through the DVDs. Her and Benny decided to have a movie night and just snuggle on the couch. They hadn't done something like that in a while.

“I don’t care, as long as it ain’t no chick flick.”

She softly giggled, “Aw, so does that mean no Twilight?” She asked, in a teasing voice.

“Defiantly not!”

She laughed again and searched through the movies, but her heart went into her throat as there was a loud banging on the door. She stood up and looked alarmed as the banging continued.

Benny jumped off the couch and hurried towards the door to see what jackass was pounding on the door like that. Once he opened the door he saw that it was Nick and he had fury in his eyes, “Uh, Ni-Nick, what are you doing here?”

He glared at him, “Don’t give me that!” He barked, “Where the fuck is she?!?”

She’s not here,” he simply said. He knew Angel making that scene at the mall was not a good idea, he knew that it would get back to her brother. But did she ever listen to reason? No, of course not!

“Stop playing games with me.” Then without any warnings he shoved Benny aside and barged into the house, “ANGEL!!!” He screamed, as he marched into the apartment.

Her head shot to where she heard her voice from her brother’s loud angry voice. She felt her heart stop, she knew this was going to be ugly. She heard him stomping towards the living room and saw a fuming Nick. She swallowed hard, “He-hey. What’s up?”

He stormed over towards her until he was only an inch from her, “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!?”

Benny rushed into the living room, “Nick, calm the hell down!” He ordered, “Don’t yell at her like that.”

“Don’t yell at her like that?!?” He aggressively ran his hands through his hair and stared back at his sister, “Do you even have any idea what you have just done?!? What the fuck gave you the right to even see her? I knew you could be cruel, but I didn’t think you were a cold hearted bitch! I guess you really do take after, mom.”

Angel looked at him with hurtful eyes, “How could you even compare me to her? Look, I was just looking out for you before that slut hurt you even more.”

“Slut?!? Don’t fucking start with the name calling, Angel. What are you AJ?”

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, “I was doing you a favor! She’s no good for you, Nick. Look what she did to you! She’s a user. I’m sorry she called you and you fell for her pity party, but you know what? I’m glad I said what I said – she needed to hear it!”

Nick could feel his jaw clench as his teeth grinded together, “You lied to her, Angel. You made her think I thought she was using me.”

“Well, you thought she was! You even told me that!”

“No I didn’t! I said I didn’t know, Angel! She thinks I fucking hate her! I love her either you like it or not and I am going to fix things with her! It’s my fucking life and I am getting sick and tired of you poking your nose where it doesn’t belong. So do us all a favor and just stay the fuck out of my business. Got it?!?”

“So you want me to just let girls use you, walk all over you?”

“Kim wasn’t using me, Angel! I was just being stupid. She never once bragged about who she was dating, she never once did any of that. Why do you hate her so much? Because she’s not a fucking model too?” He then sat down on the couch and ran his hands through his hair, “I love her….really love her and I want her back.” He glanced up at his sister with his swollen eyes, “And I don’t care if you don’t approve, but I need her.”

Angel let out a loud groan, “But why?” She demanded, as she sat down next to her brother, “I don’t want her hurting you again.”

“I’m the one that hurt her,” he mumbled. “I lied to her from the beginning…I should have just been honest with her.”

“Ugh, Nick. I just – I just don’t trust her.”

“And why not?” He demanded, “You liked her before. So why not now?”

“I don’t like how sad you were….”

“That wasn’t her fault, Ang.” Suddenly his phone rang and he felt his heart jump as he prayed it was her calling, but it wasn’t. It was an unknown number; the same one that called earlier. He picked it up, “Hello?”

“Nick, oh my God!” Said the female on the other line.

“Who is this?” He demanded in a thick voice.

“Oh, silly me,” giggled the girl. “It’s Laura.”

Laura? Why did that name sound so familiar…it then hit him, Kimberly’s roommate! “Laura?!? How did you get this number?”

“Kim’s stupid Backstreet photo.”

“Where is she?!?” He ordered, “Can I talk to her, please?!?”

“Are you serious?” Disgust filled her voice, “You and her really had a thing going on? My God…how could you want her, Nick? I mean, is your eye sight that bad?”

Nick inhaled heavily as he tried to control his temper, “No, my eye sight is just fine. Why are you so mean to her?”

“I’m not mean…”

“Yes, you are. I have to go….next time you see her, tell her I called and I really need to talk to her, it’s important.”

“Ugh, Nick. Just go out with me, then you’ll forget all about her.”

“That’s not going to happen,” he answered, in a hard voice.

“Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but Kim isn’t here. In fact she’s out on a date with some guy she met through her friend Ashley.”

“A date?” He felt like his heart got stabbed, “Well…tell her…tell her I called. And do me a favor, don’t call me again.” With that he hung up the phone and dropped his head; feeling like someone kicked him in the chest.

“Nick…who was that?” Wondered Angel.

“Kim’s roommate,” he murmured.

“What did she say?”

He looked up at his sister with sad eyes, “That she’s out on a date.” He felt liquid roll down his cheek, “I fucked up big time.”

Angel let out a loud sigh, “Maybe….maybe it’s for the best, Nick. I mean, if she’s already dating, it’s obvious she doesn’t care for you the way you care for her.”

He nodded and stopped up, “Yeah.” Although inside he knew it wasn’t for the best…it was for the worst. He wanted nothing more than to just be with her, to just hold her and tell her how terribly sorry he was. He loved her and would do anything to take back what happened that night….he would do anything to just go back in time and tell her the truth. “I’m gonna get going. Sorry I freaked like that, she was just crying so hard in that voice mail….it set me off.”

“She was crying?” Angel asked in disbelief.

He nodded, “Yeah, she was crying. Well, see ya around.”

Angel bit her bottom lip and stood up, “Nick?”

He turned around so that he was facing her, “Yeah?”

“I’m sorry….for well butting in your business, it is your life. I just love you and want you to be happy.”

“I know, Ang. And I know this may be hard to believe….but I’m happy with her.” With that said, he left.

Angel sat back down on the couch and looked up at Benny, “He’s really sad….”

“Do you blame him, Angie? He really loved her and it looks as though she didn’t love him. How would you take that?”

She sighed and looked down, “I just wish there was something I could do, you know?”

“Trust me, you’ve done enough.”

She nodded and pulled her knees up to her chin; wrapping her arms around her legs. She was a horrible sister. She felt tears filling up her eyes, “Can I fix this?” She wept.

Benny sat down on the couch and embraced her tightly, kissing her on top of the head, “He’ll be okay, baby. Don’t worry, he’s a big boy. He just needs time to himself.”

“I just feel I really messed things up. Do you think he hates me?”

“No, you know he doesn’t. He loves you, it’ll be okay. I promise.”

She looked up at him, “You really think so?”

“I know so, Angie.” He met his lips with hers and sweetly kissed her.

Angel wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and rested her head on his chest, “I love you,” she mumbled.


Nick pulled into his place and collapsed on a chair in the kitchen. His eyes were bloodshot from the tears. He needed a way to make Kimberly see he didn’t think so low of her, that he knew she wasn’t using him. He had to make her understand, he loved her so much and he wasn’t going to give her up without a fight.
I'm Sorry... by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 15 ~


As it turned out, Ronny told his buddy about his girlfriend’s situation, so he told him that he would pay for Laura. When Ronny told her this, she was ecstatic! She was on the phone with him, as she got ready. She felt the smile on her face stretch as she saw lights flash through the window from another car.

“Well, babe,” she said, into the phone. “I have to go – see you soon.”

“Okay, baby. I’m glad this all worked out. I can’t wait to grind on you.”

Laura giggled, “Me too, baby. Love ya, bye.”

“Love – love you too.” With that said he hung up the phone.

Laura paused for a moment; did Ronny actually say he loved her? She almost didn’t know how to take that. She quickly put that thought aside as she remembered her plan, this was going to work, it had to work! She looked herself in the mirror and grinned, she looked stunning. Her dark hair was down and flowed loosely down her back, her tight black stress up to her thighs and showed all her womanly curves. The top pushed her breasts up; making her look even more luscious.

The door then opened and Laura greeted them, “Well, hello girls.”

Kimberly looked at her roommate with unsure eyes, “Why are you all dressed up?” Her eyes were no longer red; her voice was crackly though, from crying. Laura picked up on it and just smirked.

“I have a date,” she simply replied.

“No Ronny?” She questioned.

“Nope, not tonight,” she responded, as she walked away. “Going out with some guy named Nick tonight,” she turned her head to glance at Kimberly and saw the overwhelm expression.

“Oh…have fun.”

Ashley was glaring at Laura like she was some bug that she needed to kill – and quickly, “Come on, Kim. Let’s go in your room.”

As they were about to walk up the stairs, Laura asked, “So Kim, how long did you plan on keeping Nick your little secret?”

She froze in her tracks and turned so that she was facing her, “Ex – excuse me?”

“I found your photo. How could you keep something like that from me?” She demanded.

“What were you doing in my room?!?” Barked Kimberly, “You had no right snooping through my things!”

“I was looking for something. And AJ thinks I’m hot – yet you didn’t tell me. Did you want to fuck all the boys?” She shook her head in disgust, “Didn’t think you were such a slut.”

“I never once fucked AJ! I didn’t tell you because then I would have to tell you about Nick.”

“I’m not mad,” she answered in a cool voice. “I’m just surprised. I called Nick today.” A smile appeared around her lips, “A real sweet heart…and sweet talker. He asked me out you know. So I’m going out with him tonight.”

Pools of tears filled in her green eyes, “YOU’RE LYING!”

“Nope, afraid not.” Within a moment a car horn beeped, “Well, that’s him. See ya around.”

Kimberly fell down onto her knees, “How could you….how could you do this to me, Laura?” Her voice was broken beyond repair, “I love him, don’t do this.”

“So don’t I.”

“You don’t even know him!” Snarled Ashley, “Once he finds out what a slut you are, he will retreat. You just wait and see.”

“Ooh, do I smell jealousy?” Laura then glared at Kimberly, “You had your fun, Kim. It’s my turn.” She then left, slamming the door behind her and jumped in the car with Ronny, “Hey, baby.” She kissed him sweetly. It was only in a matter of time until Nick and Kimberly’s relationship completely crumbled from this little fib she told. Soon enough, he would be hers.


“Kim, it’ll be okay,” Ashley’s soothing voice filled her ears. She dropped to the floor and embraced her weeping friend.

She shook her head, “No, it won’t….how could he…how could he do this? I thought…I thought he hated Laura?” Another batch of tears flowed down her cheeks, “I loved him so much…and he’s gonna fuck the roommate whom he claimed he hated. Maybe this was all part of the plan. I can’t believe I fell for his lies….” She hugged Ashley tightly as she trembled, “I want to hate him, I want to forget him.”

“Shh, shh. Kim, for all we know, Laura could have been lying.”

“She wasn’t. Nick only used me. He probably let AJ get to him or something.” She then got up, “I need…I need to be alone right now.” She rushed into her room and collapsed down onto her bed and sobbed. Everything he said was a lie, everything he did was a charade. She wished she never met Nick Carter then she wouldn’t be in such pain.

Ashley ran her hands aggressively through her hair. How was she supposed to help her best friend? She was there crying her eyes out and she could do nothing, but stand by, feeling nothing, but helpless. It were as if an angel had come to answer her prayers for there was a knock at the door. She opened it to see a handsome man standing there holding an envelope, “May I, may I help you?” She asked in a soft voice.

He smiled which made her heart skip a beat. Who was this guy? He had the dark hair and these beautiful green eyes, but what won her over, was his smile. It was so warm, “Uh, yeah. I have something for a girl named Kim. My friend wanted me to give it to her.”

“Who’s your friend?” She questioned suspiciously.

He shrugged, “Just some guy. I’m Ray by the way.”

“I’m Ashley.”

“I guess it’s true.”

She looked at him slightly confused, “What’s true?”

“Pretty girls have pretty friends.”

She laughed, “Uh, yeah thanks. Cheesy lines don’t work with me. I’ll give this to Kim when she’s not so upset.”

“Is she alright?” He wondered and actually had concern in his raspy voice.

She shook her head, “No, not really. Her ex boyfriend can go to Hell. Right now he’s out with her roommate. What a total scum bucket.”

“No he’s not.”

That quickly got Ashley’s attention, “Excuse me? What do you mean, no he’s not? How would you know?” She ordered.

“He kind of sent me over here to give that to Kim. He’s pretty torn up. Well, I’m gonna run, maybe I’ll see you around.”

“I doubt it. Thanks for coming by.” With that said, Ashley shut the door and walked into the bedroom what Kimberly was in, “Kim?”

“Please go away,” she said in her worn voice.

Ashley walked over towards the bed and sat down next to her, “You got something in the mail.”

“Just put it aside. I’ll read it later.”

“I think…I think you should read it now.”

Kimberly then sat up and groaned, “Why? I’m not really in the mood to read.”

“Please?”

She sighed and took the envelope and her heart jumped, “Oh My God. This is…this is from Nick!”

“How do you know?” Although she already knew it was from him, “Know his writing that well?” She teased.

“No,” she replied with a small curve around the lips. “Because he’s the only one that calls me Baby Angel and that’s who he addressed it to.” She took a deep breath and opened the letter, not sure if this would help the situation or would make it worse. She chewed on her bottom lip as she tore it open and began to read the long letter that was inside.

Baby Angel, I don’t even know where to start to tell you how terribly sorry I am. I really fucked things up, I know that and I am willing to do anything to fix us – to win you back! I was informed you went on a date tonight and all I can do is kick myself in the ass for letting you go. You’re always on my mind, I can’t think, I can’t sleep – I can’t do anything, not if you’re not by my side. And I am so sorry for what Angel did to you. That just wasn’t right and I reamed her out. Hearing the pain in your voice from that voice mail – it just killed me inside, Baby Angel. I don’t want you sad, I hate when you cry, except when I’m causing it from pleasure of course ;) Sorry, got off track. I just need you to know how much I love you and how much I need you. I don’t hate you, I could never hate you. I have never felt more alive before. You made me happy – so happy and without you it’s like a dark cloud is over me. I need your sunshine to wash away these clouds. I need to see you, I want to fix us – I want to be with you. And if that date did go well, that’s one lucky son of a bitch. I just hope he can treat you better than I could. I’ll never forgive myself for the way I’ve been acting. I was just so scared to call you, I wish I just did it because I might have lost you now. But if things didn’t go well with that date come and see me. Tomorrow if possible? I’ll be at my friend Ray’s place. It’s 485 Hollow Drive. I’ll be here all day and night….but if you don’t show I’ll know the answer and I swear I’ll leave you alone. It’s your choice. But if you decide not to, just remember how much I love you and how terribly sorry I am. Without you I’m nothing. I don’t want to try to pull the guilt trip, that’s not how I roll. I just want you happy so if you’re happy with whoever you’re with now…just stay away. But I still do love you….don’t forget.

Love, Nick


Kimberly was about to put the letter down, but she saw that there was more on the back so she flipped it and began to continue to read.

I was thinking about you and I wrote you this song – I guess you inspire me….

Oh, I had a lot to say
Was thinking on my time away
I missed you and things weren’t the same

‘Cause everything inside
It never comes out right
And when I see you cry
It makes me want to die

I’m sorry I’m bad
I’m sorry you’re blue
I’m sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can’t take it back
I love how you kiss
I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go ‘round
And I just wanted to say I’m sorry…

This time I think I’m the to blame
It’s harder to get through the days
You get older and blame turns to shame

‘Cause everything inside
It never comes out right
And when I see you cry
It makes me want to die

I’m sorry I’m bad
I’m sorry you’re blue
I’m sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can’t take it back
I love how you kiss
I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go ‘round
And I just wanted to say I’m sorry…

Every single day
I think about how we came all this way
The sleepless nights and the tears you cried
It’s never too late to make it right
Oh yeah – sorry

I’m sorry I’m bad
I’m sorry you’re blue
I’m sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can’t take it back
I love how you kiss
I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go ‘round
And I just wanted to say I’m sorry…



Tears overflowed her eyes and washed down her cheeks – he wrote her a song. She could feel her heart beating uncontrollably. She was longing for him so badly, she was longing to kiss him, to hold him – to love him. She looked up at Ashley, “He – he wrote me a song.”

“I told you he loves you, Kim. I think Laura was lying about the whole thing….even about the date. You need to get out of here!!!”

She nodded, “I agree….what she did to me was uncalled her.” Kimberly then looked at Ashley with serious eyes, “You’re coming with me tomorrow. I can’t do this alone.”

“Of course!” She hugged her, “I’m here for you through it all, Kim and I love you.”

She smiled, “I love you too. Thanks for being such an amazing friend. I’d be so lost without you.”

“This is what friends are for. You and Nick will work things out, he loves you and he wrote a song about how sorry he is.”

She wiped her eyes, “I really love him.”

“I know you do, Kim. And I truly believe he loves you too.”

Kimberly laid down on the bed and pressed the song to her chest, he was sorry. Those words were beyond beautiful, she could just imagine how beautiful they would sound if he sang them. Oh how she loved him and needed him and tomorrow she would – she wanted to fix things as badly as he did….and nothing was going to stop her. Not even Laura.
End Notes:
Lyrics of Sorry belong to the song "BuckCherry"
No More Secrets by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 16 ~



Nick was laying on the couch in the living room, just thinking about Kimberly. How could she have gone on a date already? It had only been two weeks – did he hurt her so badly that she just wanted to try to try to forget about him and hook up with someone else? Did she just not caring anymore? These thoughts haunted his mind in and out constantly. Ever since Laura told him that she was out on a date; he could feel tears threaten his eyes. Just knowing she was with another man sent waves of jealousy rush all through his body.

He heard someone coming and sat up, seeing it was Ray, “Any word yet?”

“No, man. I'm sorry.”

He groaned and allowed the back of his head to smash into one of the white pillows, “I fucked up big time. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I need her back – ugh, I'm such a fucking moron!”

Ray sat down on the reclining chair next to him and just looked at his friend and sighed, “So I didn't tell you something last night....which I probably should have.”

Nick glanced over at his buddy and felt fear wash over him, “What?”

“So I was informed that she thought you were out with her roommate last night.”

Nick felt anger rush throughout him and he jumped up, “What?!? Why the hell would she even think that?!?” His voice loud.

Ray looked at him startled, “Uh....I don't know.”

“Well, did you clear it up that I wasn't out with that fucking bitch?!?”

“Wow, man. Don't like this chick that much? And of course I did. I told her friend that you weren't – hopefully she told your girl.”

Nick aggressively ran his hands through his hair, “I bet you that whore is behind this. Kim needs to get out of that place. That bitch is causing nothing but problems for us. I just pray to God she believed you....I would never do that. Kim should know that....man I hope she does....ugh, this is probably why she went out! Because she thinks I'm fucking around on her.”

Ray had never seen him so wound up about a girl before, “I'm sorry, man but don't kill the messenger.”

Nick groaned and collapsed back down onto the couch and through a hand over his face, “I just....I just want to fix things with Kim and her roommate isn't helping with her lies. I'm the reason we got into that fight in the first place...I just can't lose her because of this, you know?”

Ray looked at his watch, “Well, it's only ten in the morning, Nick. Give her time, it's still early.”

He sighed, “Yeah, maybe you're right.” But in the pit of his stomach, he had a horrible feeling things weren't going to go well. He was so scared of losing her completely. Why the hell did he have to wait so long to tell her how he felt? All this could have been avoided if he wasn't such a coward and just called her.


Kimberly woke up around eleven in the morning, she found Ashley in the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal. She pulled a chair out and sat down next to her, “What time did you get up?” She asked, with a yawn.

“Like ten minutes ago,” Ashley answered, as she took bite of her honey nut cheerios.

Moments later the door opened and in came Laura with her hair a mess and her dress all wrinkled. She stumbled into the kitchen and saw the two girls and grinned, “Well hi, girls.”

“How was your date?” Sneered Ashley, as she took another bite.

“Oh, it was amazing!!!! Nick is soooo sweet.” She then looked at Kimberly, “Girl, why didn't you tell me how good he was?”

She rolled her eyes and stood up, “Why are you doing this? Do you enjoy hurting me?”

“Of course not, sweetie. But you can't have all the fun,” she said, with a sinister smile.

Ashley then shoved the chair from the table and jumped up, “Laura, when are you going to give up on this little act of yours?”

Laura eyed her darkly, “What the hell are you talking about? I'm not acting about anything!”

“Oh no? Then tell me, where does Nick live?”

“Ashley,” whispered Kimberly. “Don't.”

“No, this needs to be said!” She then glared back at Laura, “We know you weren't with Nick last night, so just grow the fuck up!”

Laura glowered at Ashley, “I was with him last night, so why don't you just shut the fuck up?” That said, she stormed into her bedroom and slammed the door shut.

Ashley just laughed, “Wow, what a loser.”

“Why did you go and say all that, Ash?” Demanded Kimberly, “Who cares if she was with him or if she wasn't?”

“I care, Kim and you should too. She's just saying shit to upset you and I won't tolerate that. She's a fucking bitch and she needs to know that we know the truth so she can stop making up all these lies.”

Kimberly let out a sigh, “That'll never happen, Ash you know this. This is how Laura is.”

“Which is exactly why you need to get the hell outta here, Kim! How many times do we have to go through this?!?”

She groaned, “I know, I know. But listen, I'm gonna take a shower so I can get all ready to see him.”

“Okay. I'll take one after you.”

Kimberly then got up and walked upstairs into the bathroom to get ready. As she stepped into the shower and let the lucid water beat down on her skin, she felt her stomach doing flips. What was she going to say? Could they fix things between them? If they couldn't, she just didn't know how she was going to cope. Her hands massaged her sculpt as her hair was filling up with white thick bubbles from the strawberry shampoo. After the rest of her body was cleansed, she shut off the shower and stepped out; allowing the cold air to hit her skin, causing goospebumps.

She went into her bedroom with a towel wrapped around her body tightly; she decided to put on a white skirt that went right above her knee with a pink tank top that was lacy at the top, showing a small amount of cleavage. She threw her hair up in a messy bun; a few strands escaped, causing it to frame her face nicely. She glanced in the mirror quickly and saw the light shade of grey was still highly noticeable around her cheekbone, which went up to her eye. She quickly dug into her make up bag and pulled out the cover girl and did all she could to hide the bruise upon her face; she even tried to hide it with some blush. But it seemed everything she did, nothing worked. What was she going to tell him? She walked into a wall? That could work….it had to work! She finished up her make up by adding a light purple on her eye lids and some dark eyeliner to bring out her green eyes. She then grabbed her big pink sunglasses, that were far too large for her face, but it did the trick and hid the bruise. Maybe if she just kept these on for the whole time? It could work….

The door opened and she jumped, seeing Ashley. She was wearing light blue ripped jeans and a bit red T-shirt that was V-necked and showed off her lovely womanly curves. Her hair was down in spiral curls that went down to her back. Her chocolate eyes were drowned in purple eye shadow and black eye liner. Her lips a light shade of pink from the shinny lip gloss. Kimberly always envied her, for she was not only beautiful, but she could do make up wonderfully.

“Ready?” She asked.

Kimberly just nodded, “Yep. Let’s go.” She grabbed her purse and walked down the stairs and was about to walk out the door until a unwanted voice filled their ears.

“Where are you going?” Demanded Laura, in a stern tone.

“Out,” replied Kimberly without any emotion.

Laura raised an eyebrow, “Oh? Anywhere in particular?”

“None of your concern,” snapped Ashley. “Come on, Kim.”

Her eyes narrowed at the two girls, “I don’t appreciate your attitude towards me. This is my home that you’re in. So you better start treating me with some respect. Don’t you agree, Kim?”

Kimberly just shook her head at her, “I gotta go.” That said, her and Ashley left the apartment leaving Laura just standing there.

The two girls got in the car and Kimberly could feel her hands trembling as they tightly gripped the steering wheel. How could Laura possibly do this to her? Sure, she knew she was a bitch, but to do this? Lie to her to such a degree! Saying she was with Nick over night and claiming she had sex with him. She needed to get out of this apartment before she imploded or murdered her roommate. She was going to need to get out anyway, she had no job, but she knew there was no way she going to live back in Massachusetts. That was just out of the question – she would think of something…she just had to.

“Are you okay?” Ashley’s concerning voice interrupted her thoughts.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking about stuff.” She then looked at her best friend, “I need to get out of here.”

“Well, duh! I’ve only been saying this for how long?!?” Her voice teasing, but had a serious edge to it.

She sighed, “Well, let’s get out of here.” With that said, Kimberly put the key in the ignition and drove off. Forcing the tears to stay in her eyes. She hated Laura – hated her with such a passion.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Ashley asked after a few minutes of silence as they drove down the busy street.

She nodded and sniffed, “Yeah, I just can’t believe Laura that’s all. She was doing that to hurt me on purpose. But what if she really did sleep with Nick?”

“Oh, come on, Kim!” Her loud voice startled her, “You know how he feels about her, she’s gross first of all. So don’t go thinking all this shit, Nick loves you. I mean first he wrote a song about you!!! Secondly, he wrote that beautiful letter to you explaining how he feels. He loves you girl, either you think it or not…he does!”

A small smile formed around Kimberly’s mouth, “He does, doesn’t he?”

“Um….DUH!”

She laughed, “Ugh, sometimes I just get all this dumb shit in my head.”

“Yes, I know. But all that is going to change, especially after you talk to him.”

She smiled and nodded, “Yeah, maybe you’re right.”

“No maybes about it,” replied Ashley with a cocky smile.

After about fifteen minutes, Kimberly found the apartment and butterflies fluttered through her so madly she felt her stomach was going to explode. She took a deep breath and looked at Ashley, “Read-ready?”

“Yeah, I’m good. Question is, are you?”

A nervous laugh escaped her, “Um, not quite,” she honestly answered.

“Come on, bitch. Your man’s waiting for you,” said Ashley as she got out of the car.


Nick was laying on the couch with the TV on, but he wasn’t even watching it. His mind was elsewhere. Ray on the other hand was watching it intently. It was a baseball game and he was yelling at the screen; if Nick didn’t know any better he would have thought that Ray thought the TV was going to talk back to him. His heart jumped when he heard the doorbell ring.

“I’ll get it,” grumbled Ray, as his eyes peeled from the screen, but he saw that Nick was in no state of dealing with fans. Somehow a few fans heard where he was staying and there were knocks at the door left and right that day. He opened it and saw the two girls, “Oh hey! We’ve been waiting for you. Why don’t you two come in.”

Kimberly and Ashley both walked in and Kimberly caught a glimpse of Nick on the couch. He looked beyond horrible, his hair was shaggy and tangled, it looked as though he hadn’t brushed it in a while and he had scruffles on his face. And although he looked scrubbish, her heart still fluttered.

“Who is it?” Nick’s croaky voice called, “More fans?” His voice less than enthusiastic.

Ray couldn't hide the smile in his voice, “Not quite...our guests.”

Nick felt his heart go into his throat. Was she actually here?!? He didn't think she was going to show. He jumped off the couch and hurried into the dean, where the door of the outside met. His heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest. She was standing right there and looking more beautiful than ever, her skirt was short enough where he could see her lovely legs and her shirt showed off her lovely assets. He couldn’t see her eyes though, they were being hidden by those damn glasses. “He-hey,” he managed to say.

She had to swallow hard to get rid of the lump in her throat, “Hi,” she whispered, she felt her voice break. She wanted to just break down and cry, but she had to hold her ground. She wished she could just run into his arms and he would hold her and admit what an ass he was being....but she just couldn't do that.

He had to get her alone....they needed to talk. He needed to work things out with her, he missed her, he craved her, “Can I….can I talk to you?” Asked Nick, in a weak voice She nodded, “Great….uh, come with me.”

He went to take her hand, but she tightly crossed against her chest and walked forward. Nick didn’t have a good feeling about this, but they had to talk, it was killing him not to see her….not to hold her or kiss her. He then led her to a bedroom and opened the door and she walked in, sitting on the bed; dropping her hands to her lap and looked well almost uncomfortable. He sighed and shut the door behind him and sat down next to her, his hands were starting to sweat, he was so nervous, how was he supposed to start? I’m sorry for being such a fuck up boyfriend? But I can’t be without you? That sounded a bit psycho.

“It’s been a while,” she finally said, in a small voice. But that time he did catch onto the crack in her voice. Was she crying? Was that the reason why she was wearing those sunglasses?

Nick dipped his head, feeling more worse than before. He promised to never make her cry and here she was struggling to hold back her emotions. He was the biggest jackass known to man, “I know and that’s my fault.” He then looked up at her, wishing those glasses were off her face so he could read her eyes, “I’m really sorry I’ve been an ass.”

Kimberly had to clear her throat for she could feel it closing up, “You….really…hurt…me,” she managed to say through her small voice. The tears in her eyes were too much and overflowed down her cheeks. Her voice broke horribly; but she didn’t even bother hiding it anymore.

“I know,” his voice now sounded like it was in pain. “And I wish to God that I could take back that night….I wish I never lost my cool…but most importantly I wish I never lied to you. I love you so much, Kim. And I mean it when I say, I only lied because I was trying to protect you. I didn’t want you to get in the middle. I didn’t want you knowing how they were really like.”

She tried to keep her voice steady, “But they were only like that because you made them think I was trying to ruin your career or make you forgot about your responsibilities.”

He sighed, “Baby Angel.” It sent chills up her spine when he said that nickname, “I’ve been so unhappy for such a long time. And you make me happy – I couldn’t help it, I was happy with you. I am happy with you. When I’m with them, I just….I just want to explode. I blew them off because I wanted to see you…I had to see you. You calm me down, you make me sane again.” He looked directly at her, “I hate that we’re like this – I want to fix us. I need you with me…I don’t care what I have to do. I’ll prove to you….I’m the one that needs you. I mean, what could this new guy give you that I can't?” His eyes were now pleading and swelling with tears, causing his eyes to turn even more blue than before.

She looked at him with serious eyes and saw all the pain in his drowning blue eyes, “Nick, who ever said I was dating someone else? You’re the only man I’ve been with….I can’t stop thinking about you. So why would I be with someone else while I’m still in love with you?”

In love? She was still in love with him? She had no idea how much weight was lifted off of his shoulders, but then he began to turn angry. “Your roommate…Laura. She called me. I asked for you and she said you were out on a date.”

“Laura said what?!? Oh that fucking bitch!” She tried to suppress her rage, “You know, she told me that you were out with her last night and that you…well got really close.”

“WHAT THE HELL!!!” He yelled, “I did no such thing. Baby, you are the only woman I want, the only one I love. And I swear to God, I’d never do that to you, I’d never hurt you like that.”

Kimberly tightly wrapped her arms around him, “I love you so much,” she said in a small weep.

Nick’s arms embraced her tightly, he just wanted to feel her in his arms, he just wanted to keep her there. This is where she belonged. He then pulled away a bit and kissed her lips gently. He wanted to see her eyes, he longed to see them, he went to take off her glasses, but she pulled away. He looked at her confused, “What’s wrong?”

She shook her head, “Noth-nothing. My eyes just hurt.” Kimberly moved to the edge of the bed, what was she going to do? She was acting far too fidgety and she blew her own cover.

Nick looked at her suspicious and he moved closer to her, “Kim?”

“What?” She asked in a raspy voice, her head was now to the floor.

He knew something was wrong, why wouldn't she allow him to see her eyes? Now he had to see, “Take off your glasses,” he ordered.

“Why?”

Why did she need to question that? It was ridiculous...what happened when they were apart? “You’re hiding something. Just show me….are you hurt?”

She moved away from him and laid down on the bed, feeling the tears rolling down her face, “I’ve been hurt for two weeks now.”

That hit him hard....why was she doing this? “You know how sorry I am,” his voice was pained. “I hate myself for doing that to you, I’m sorry for everything. You know I love you.”

“And how do I know that?” She asked, as her voice broke and small sobs escaped her.

He felt rejection overwhelm him. Was this her way of saying she didn’t want to be with him? He couldn’t take that as an answer. He knew he hurt her, but he was going to do whatever it took to win her back, to show her how much he truly did love her. She was everything to him, she had have known that. That stupid bitch, Laura was trying to fuck things up between them and he was worried that it just might be working. Nick crawled over towards her and rolled her over so that she was laying on her back and he was hovering over her. He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers, “I love you so much, Baby Angel. I would do anything to take back everything I’ve done….I wish I was honest with you,” he whispered. “But please don’t shut me out. I need you with me, so don’t turn me away.”

She sat up an inch, and used her elbows to hold herself up and shook her head, “I’d never turn you away. I love you so much and I need you with me.” That being said, she cupped his face with her hands and pulled him down on top of her and pressed her lips against his. Her tongue slowly slipped inside his mouth and his hands slowly slid down her body. She let out a small moan over his lips as his hands glided over her hips. She closed her eyes and his mouth moved with hers and she could feel herself getting lost in their kiss. Nick’s hands then crept to the upper part of her body and his fingers glided over her neck and up to her face. He slowly pulled her glasses off, he could feel her body tension but she allowed it. He was going to find out sooner or later anyway. She looked up at him once the glasses were freed from her face and she was hoping he wouldn’t notice the bruise upon her face. She needed to distract him, so she just wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down on top of her and connected her lips with his.

As her lips crashed against his, she felt no response – no nothing, “Baby, what’s wrong?” She asked, trying her best to play stupid. Maybe the bruise was hidden enough, maybe he didn’t see it….what if something else was bothering him?

He pulled away from her and sat on the bed and just stared at her with a hard look, “So this is why you wanted to keep those fucking glasses on?”

She swallowed hard, he was mad…really mad. She had to think of something and quick, so she sat up and looked at him with confused eyes, “What are you talking about? My eyes hurt.”

“Don’t lie to me, Kim!” He snapped, “Who hit you?!?”

There was no way around it, she had to tell him and so she let out a loud sigh, “It’s nothing, really. You’re making this into something it’s not.”

“Then why did you hide it from me?” He growled.

“Because I knew you’d flip out!”

“Well, I’m sorry I love you and give a fuck what happens to you! Maybe I am just a bad boyfriend!” He then got up and walked away to the other side of the room and opened the sliding glass door and stepped out onto the porch.

Kimberly groaned and ran her hands through her hair and dropped her head. Why can’t she just tell him the truth? She wanted to fix things with him and if she didn’t tell him she knew that would never happen. She sighed and stood up and slowly walked towards the sliding glass door that was on the opposite side of the room. She walked out on the porch and looked up at Nick, he was staring out into the blue sky, he didn’t even glance at her. She knew he was livid. He was probably more upset that she didn’t tell him or that she lied….but he lied too! But then the tiny voice in her head reminded her two wrongs don’t make a right. “Ugh, damn you conscience,” she mumbled.

Nick looked at her, “What?”

She bit on her bottom lip and walked closer towards him, “Nothing, just talking to myself.” The sharp wind smacked her right across the face and caused the loose strands to blow in her eyes.

Nick stared at her for a few moments before pushing the tangled lock of hair behind her ear. His eyes were locked with hers and with the back of his hand he caressed the grey area around her cheekbone, “Please tell me,” he pleaded.

“Greg,” she said above a whisper.

His blue eyes turned dark, “He what?!? After I gave him that threat he goes and hits my girlfriend anyway?!? Oh, I’m gonna fucking kill him!”

Hearing him say she was his girlfriend made her shiver. She knew then that they getting back together was a big possibility, “He knew we weren’t together…so he took advantage of that. But don’t worry, I quit.”

“Don’t worry? How the hell can you tell me not to worry?!? I’m not gonna let him get away with that.”

“Baby, please.” She hugged him, “Just don’t.”

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on top of the head, “I love you, Kim and you need to know I’d never do anything to hurt you.”

“I know, you wouldn’t.” She looked up at him, “Laura lied, she made us both think bad things. I know you’d never do that to me.”

“And I swear, I’m never going to keep anything from you again. I love you so much, Kim.”

“I love you too,” she murmured. Kimberly then stood up on her tippy toes and pressed her lips onto his, “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” he muttered. “Come on, let’s go inside.”

She nodded and followed his lead back inside the bedroom. She laid down on the bed and turned on the flat screen TV on the wall from the remote on the side of the bed. Nick then laid down next to her and she snuggled into him and rested her head on his chest and his arms secured around her.

Kimberly turned her head and looked up at Nick and he was watching some beer commercial on the TV, “So does this mean we’re okay now?”

He looked down at her and his eyes turned serious, “Only if you want us to be.”

“You know I do.”

A small smile formed around his lips, “Then it looks like we’re good.” He bent down and pressed his lips onto hers again, “Because God knows that I never want to be apart from you that long ever again.”

“Ditto. It was Hell.”

He nodded, “Worse than Hell. You were all I could think about. You haunted my mind, I just wish it didn’t take me so long to get the balls to say something.”

“I was scared too,” she admitted. “I thought you hated me….especially after Angel.”

He shook his head in disbelief, “I still can’t believe she did that. Ugh, it pisses me off to know she’d do something like that to someone she knows I’m in love with.”

As much as it hurt her, she knew that Angel was only doing what she thought was best her brother, “She was only looking out for you.”

Nick looked at her in stun; not believing that she was actually defending a girl who insulted her in such a way, “I don’t care, Baby Angel. She hurt you and had no right to butt her nose in my business.”

“Would you do the same for her?”

He wanted to say no, but he knew that would be a lie. He already broke Collin’s nose because he cheated on her, Nick didn’t tell her until after it happened. He groaned, “I guess.”

She smirked, “See, told you.” He then pushed her off of him and crawled on top of her and she laughed, “What do you think you’re doing, mister?”

He grinned, “I think it’s time to talk less about my sister and more about us.”

Kimberly could feel her stomach fill with butterflies, “Oh?” She felt a smile stretch out across her lips, “And what would you like to talk about?”

His teeth flashed as he smiled wide, “I never thought you would ask.” His lips then met with the side of her neck and he made a trail of kisses up to her ear, “I was thinking” he whispered in a hoarse voice. “That make up sex would be awesome right about now.”

She giggled, “Oh yeah?”

“Oh yeah. What do you say, Baby Angel?”

“Do you even realize how much I’ve missed you?” She asked, “I’ve missed everything.”

“Well then…” he pealed the shirt off from her body and tossed it onto the floor, “Let me give you what you need.”

She softly laughed, “I need you, so no holding out on me.”

He smirked, “Oh, I promise to give you everything you need….starting with my tongue.” That said, he unsnapped her bra and his hands caressed her breasts; tweaking at her nipples until they were pointed out. His tongue then dragged down her stomach and went lower and lower.....


“So I think it’s safe to say they made up,” teased Ray.

Ashley laughed, “Um yeah….ew turn up the TV please.”

He laughed at her and turned the television up, “So how long have you two been friends?”

“God…” Ashley laughed, “For a while. How about you and Nick?”

He shrugged, “Eh….maybe three years now. My little sister met his sister Leslie at one of is shows and they became fast friends. I met Nick through her and we been friends since. He’s a good guy.”

“Yeah, he seems it….he makes Kim happy. Until that stupid misunderstanding, but that was all because of her lame ass roommate.”

“I don’t hear good things about this girl.”

“She’s just no good.”

“Yeah, I kind of gathered that.” He stared at her for a few moments, “So....do you have a boyfriend or anything?”

Ashley let out a nervous laugh, was this guy actually flirting with her? She knew she was attractive, but still she hadn't had many guys...especially from California come onto her. “Nope. I'm as single as they come.”

He looked at her a little stunned, “Well, that's pretty hard to believe. I hope this isn't too blunt, but you're hot!”

She laughed and could feel her face flush, “Well, thank you....you're not bad looking yourself,” she said, with a small smirk.


Nick could feel his heartbeat go back down to it's normal rate, as he was running his fingers through Kimberly's hair. She had fallen asleep, her head was back on his chest and her could feel her softly breathing. He was so grateful things between them were finally good. He looked up at the ceiling and could feel anger rush through him....she had a bruise on her face from that fucker. He just couldn't sit around and do nothing about it. He was going to make that guy beyond sorry....he thought he was kidding with that little threat of his? Well, Greg was going to see what happens when you fuck with Nick Carter's girlfriend. He softly kissed her on her forehead and slowly crawled off the bed, laying her head down gently on one of the pillows. He threw on his clothes and left the bedroom, his hair was a bit ruffled, not really caring what he looked like. But he jumped when he saw Ashley and Ray on the couch, “Dude! Didn’t see you there.”

“I would have thought that you would have been passed out by now,” grinned Ray.

He laughed, “Nah. I can take a lot.”

Ashley laughed, “Lovely.”

Nick then chuckled, “Anyway, she’s sleeping right now, but I have somewhere to be. I’ll be back in a few. If Kim wakes up, tell her I had to talk to Angel.”

His voice sounded a bit dubious, “Is that where you’re really going?” Wondered Ashley with curious eyes.

He knew that she didn't believe him, and he couldn't allow her to tell Kimberly, “That’s what you need to tell her, okay?”

It didn’t take her long to realize where he was going. Her and Ray heard them arguing and she knew that once he found out about Greg he was going to do something about it. Not that she blamed him…in fact she praised him! “Okay, you went to talk to Angel.”

He smiled, “Thanks.” Nick then left the apartment and headed towards his true destination.

“What was all that about?” Wondered Ray.

Ashley looked at him, “Don’t say anything, but…Kim has a bruise from her boss and I get the feeling Nick went to do something about that.”

His eyes grew wide, “Oh shit….”


Greg was walking towards his car in the parking lot. Finally his shift was over, he was supposed to leave nearly an hour ago, but since Kimberly left things haven’t been getting finished on time. He needed to hire someone and quick or he was going to keep on having long days. He didn’t know how much longer he was going to be able to take.

A black car swerved into the parking lot with such a speed he actually thought the vehicle was going to hit him. Once he saw whom got out of the car, his heart beat against his chest and he hurried to his car, but once Nick saw him running, he charged at him and slammed him against the car door.

“What did I tell you?!?” He snarled, “IF YOU EVER TOUCHED HER AGAIN, I WOULD BREAK YOUR LEGS!”

Greg could feel his breathing increase and sweat forming along his forehead, “I never did anything to her!”

Nick grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him and then slammed him back into the car, “Oh no? Then tell me how she got that fucking bruise on her face!!!”

He swallowed hard, “How the fuck should I know?!? Now if you don’t let me go now I’m going to call the cops for harassment!” Greg tried to sound threatening, but his voice trembled.

“Oh, I’m going to give you a good excuse to call the cops.” Nick’s fist then connected to his face.

Greg retaliated and got him right in the jaw, that gave him enough time to start running. As he ran, he pulled out his cell-phone and dialed 9-1-1. Nick just laughed at his stupidty and went after him again.

“9-1-1 what's your emergency?”

“I'M BEING ATTACKED!!!” He screeched into the phone.

Nick grabbed the phone from him and closed it shut and tossed the guy to the ground, “Don't you know how to be a man? What? No girls around for you to hit?” He then kicked him in the stomach, “Didn't think I would be back, did ya?” That time he kicked Greg in the face, and blood began to ooze out of his mouth, “It looks like you thought wrong, you piece of shit!” He kicked a few more times before grabbing him and pulling him up to his feet, “When I get through with you, you're gonna need a fucking feeding tube!!!”

“I'm....I'm sorry!” Cried Greg, “I'll never touch her again.”

Nick laughed, “Oh, you got that right!”

Suddenly they heard sirens, Nick felt his heart go into his throat. That operator probably tracked their location. He was screwed.


Angel had just fallen asleep and her phone began to ring, she groaned, “Are you fucking kidding me?!?”

“Who is it?” Mumbled Benny, as he threw an arm over his face.

“I don’t know, it’s an unknown number.” She picked up her phone, “Hello?”

“Angel, it’s me.”

“Nick?!? What the Hell are you calling me this late for? It’s nearly one in the morning.”

“Usually this is early for you.”

“Not when I need to work in the morning. Now what do you want?” She growled.

“I need your help,” he told her.

“With what? Can’t this wait?!?”

“No, not really….” He paused, “I need you to bail me out of jail.”

“JAIL?!? What the fuck are you in there for?” She raged.

“It’s a long story…so can you get me or what?”

She sighed, “Yeah, I’ll be right there.”

“Thanks, sis…I owe you one.”

“Yeah, a big one!” She then hung up the phone and ran her hands through her tangled hair.

“What the hell was that about?” Demanded Benny.

“Don’t know, but I'm gonna make his ass tell me when I bail him.” She quickly kissed her boyfriend before grabbing her car keys and jetting out of the apartment.
Finally Okay by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 17 ~



Kimberly had woken up and saw that Nick was gone. She was hoping everything was just some dream and that she and him actually had worked things out. God knows she knew she would never be able to dream love making like that. The way their bodies grinded together and how his hot breath was against her earlobe as he whispered the most erotic words to her. A smile soon formed around her lips as she realized her surroundings and she smiled widely, holding the pillow close that Nick used. She closed her eyes and just envisioned the previous hours making love to him. She could feel her stomach fill with butterflies as she replayed him saying he loved her over and over again. She loved him too, loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before. She then sat up and stretched, curious to where her lover went off to. She sat up and quickly put on her clothes and walked out of the bedroom, seeing Ashley and Ray watching the TV....cuddling! Ray had his arm around her and her head was on his shoulder.

Kimberly raised her eyebrow at the couple, “Well, well what do we have here?” She asked, with teasing in her voice.

Ashley looked up at her friend and laughed, “Nothing like you did.”

Kimberly snickered, “Well, I would hope not.” She then sat down on the red chair that was next to the brown couch, “So where's Nick? In the bathroom or something?”

“Miss him already?” Laughed Ray.

A smile formed around her lips, “Maybe. So where is he?”

“Angel called and needed him or something like that,” answered Ashley. “He didn't want to wake you.”

She sighed, “I wish he would have.” She then pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around her knees, “I'm so glad we're okay now. I missed him so much.”

“I'm glad too,” agreed Ashley with a smile. “It's so nice to see you smiling again.”

“Me three,” added Ray. “That guy has been a complete wreck without you.”

Hearing that made Kimberly smile even more, “Really?”

“Oh yeah!”

She grinned, “Good.” She then studied the couple and saw that Ray's arm was still wrapped around Ashley, “So what's up with you two? Making out while Nick and I were getting naughty?”

“Would that be so bad if we were?” She questioned with a smirk.

“Nope, I’d be happy if you did actually! Girl, you need to get some,” said Kimberly, with a laugh.

She laughed, “No, I'm fine thanks. You should know I don't just jump in the sac like that. What do I look like? Laura?”

Kimberly laughed, “Defiantly not!”

“So this Laura gal isn’t that popular, is she?”

“Not in the least. She's a complete bitch,” informed Ashley.

“Nick told me a little about her.” Ray then shook his head in shame, “Sorry that she tried doing all that shit to you, Kim.”

She shrugged, “It's fine. I'm over it, as soon as I find another job I'm gonna get another apartment.”

“Forget that!” Disagreed Ashley, “Just move in with me! California is so calling for you.”

She sighed, “I know it is, but how can you expect me to move there if I don't even have a job? I can't live off of you for free and it’s so expensive there.”

“You'll find a job, I'll just help you get on your feet.”

Kimberly looked at her thoughtful for a moment, “I'll have to think about it.” She then felt her stomach growl, “Well, I'm hungry. Ray, do you have anything to eat?”

“I have a few frozen pizzas in the freezer.”

“That'll work.” She then got up and headed towards the kitchen, “Ash, you hungry too?”

“Kinda actually.” Ashley then jumped up and jogged into the kitchen and helped her friend with the frozen pizza, “Mmm, I haven't had pizza in forever!”

“I know, me either.” Kimberly preheated the oven to 350 and waited for the timer to go off and looked at her best friend, “I wish you didn't have to go back home in a few days.”

She sighed, “Yeah, I know. I wish I didn't have to go either. I hate leaving....especially leaving you with her.”

“Well, soon enough I'll have a new job and can start saving.”

Ashley groaned at her, “Come on, Kim. What did I just say? I'll help you get on your feet. Don't go worrying about a stupid job. I really want you to think about it, okay?”

Kimberly hated the idea of just jumping in an apartment with Ashley when she barely had any money to her name. But she also hated being so unhappy....the only time she actually was happy was when she was with Nick and she knew she couldn’t be a damper on him either. She sighed and nodded, “Okay, I'll think about it,” she promised.

A thought then came into Ashley's mind and she bit her lower lip, “What if you didn't move in with me? And you moved in with Nick instead? You know I wouldn't be upset, right?”

Kimberly's green eyes expanded. Could she read minds?!? She didn’t want to move in with him either, she wanted to be independent or try to be, “Move in with Nick?!?” She laughed, “Seriously?”

“Yeah, why not?”

She shook her head, “I don't think we're serious enough yet.”

“Oh no?” Ashley raised her thin dark brown eyebrow, “You guys are in love, can't be apart and are fucking. What else is there? Face it, you two are as serious as they get!”

Kimberly frantically shook her head, “I don't know, Ash....I don't want to rush into anything too deep with him. I want to take things a little slow.”

“Slow?” She laughed, “Slow isn't in your nature....or his I might add.”

“I thought you wanted me to move in with you? You want to get rid of me now?” She joked and was willing to do anything to get off the subject of her and Nick moving in.

“No! Come on, you know that's not it...I just want you happy and this guy makes you really happy.”

Kimberly couldn’t stay annoyed with Ashley, because all she wanted was for her to be happy. “Anything away from Laura will make me happy,” she admitted.

“No kidding, I could have told you that one. When are you gonna call her out?”

“I'm not.”

Anger burned in Ashley's eyes, “And why the fuck not?!? If you won't, I will, Kim!”

“Because I'm done with all that drama. She thrives off of it and I won't be the one to give her, her fix.”

She couldn’t protest because she knew that Kimberly was right. The one thing Laura loved more than making Kimberly feel bad was a good drama fight. “So what are you going to do about it then?”

She shook her head, “Nothing. I’m done with her and as soon as I get back to my place I’m gonna job hunt. She’s nothing to me anymore.”

“I’m glad you’re finally seeing the light…sucks that it took almost losing Nick though.” Ashley then heard the oven buzz and slid the pizza inside the hot slot to cook.

She sighed, “Yeah, me too. But I tend to learn things the hard way.”

“That’s for sure,” she mumbled.


“So are you going to tell me what happened or not?!?” Snarled Angel, as she slammed the driver door shut.

Nick just looked at her, “It’s a long story.”

“You told me that on the phone! I demand a good explanation, Nick. Are you trying to compete with Aaron, how many times you can get locked up?!?”

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Cool it, will ya?!?”

“I just busted your ass out of jail, the least you can do is give me a reason why I had to!” She growled.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair and flinched. He saw his knuckles were badly beaten, and bleeding. He looked back at his fuming sister and groaned, “Fine, I kicked someone’s ass, happy?”

“Why the hell would you go start fights, Nick? I mean, how old are you? God, you are just like Aaron…you need to grow the fuck up!” With that said, she sped out of the parking lot, “I mean, waking me up and everything – I thought it was something serious. You never get in trouble like this…you were never into the drugs.” Her brown eyes then filled with horror and she glanced at him, “My God, you’re not doing that, are you?!?”

“Chill out, Angel. No.”

“Well, I’m just trying to figure out why I had to get my ass out of bed at the dead of the night to save you!”

“Kim’s boss hit her! I mean really hit her, Angel! She was wearing sunglasses so I wouldn’t see the bruise that fucker caused.” Nick could feel the anger build up inside of him as he remembered how she acted – hiding it from him like she committed a crime of some sort. “I couldn’t just let him get away with that. I already told him once before if he ever laid a hand on her then I’d – ”

Angel’s eyes had turned soft and full with concern, “Wait, he’s done it to her before?!?”

He shook his head, “No, but he’s grabbed her once while I was waiting for her. He’s such a prick. I just…I just had to do something, Ang. You know?”

The car stopped at a red light and she stared at her brother with warming eyes. She reached over and hugged him, giving him a kiss on the cheek, “I’m glad you did it,” she whispered before pulling away. “No girl should be allowed to get hit.” The light turned green and she stepped on the gas, “I’m really sorry for doing what I did to her earlier. I feel horrible. I’m happy you two are okay….I was a little worried.”

“Thanks, sis. That actually means something coming from you.” He then coughed out a small laugh, “I was worried too.” Nick looked at his sister with meaningful eyes, “I really love her, Angel.”

She smiled at him, “I know you do.”

After about half an hour, Angel pulled up into Ray’s driveway and shut off the car. He looked at her brother for a few moments, “What are you gonna tell Kim when you see her?”

“I told her friend Ashley to tell her I had to see you…so hopefully she did.”

Angel chewed on her bottom lip, “Well, you kind of have a cut on her lip and your eye is kinda bruised.”

Nick pulled down the visor and looked in the mirror attached to it, a light lit up and he saw the markings on his face. He groaned, “Shit. I don’t know, I’ll think of something.” He closed it and opened the car door, “Well, come on.”

“Is she here?” Wondered Angel, as she closed the car door.

“Yeah.”

“Hmm, I better start with an apology then.”

“Uh, yeah. I think you should.”

Angel took a deep breath before walking in front of Nick and slowly opening the door. She looked back at him and her urged her to go in, she let out a loud sigh and took a step inside and he soon followed.


Kimberly heard the door open and she rushed into the living room; the pizza was pretty much gone. Her, Ashley and Ray were in the kitchen just talking about Kimberly’s future and what she should do about Laura. Ray thought it would be a good idea to move in with her real friend, but still she had doubts. Not doubts of living with Ashley, but having no money. She didn’t want to be living off of Ashley, she wanted at least an income before she made such a decision.

“Looks like Nicky’s home,” teased Ray, once he saw Kimberly book it.

Ashley giggled, “Mmmhmm, I think he is.” She then left the kitchen and found herself face to face with the brunette girl that she had met before at the mall. Her eyes got dark as she stared down at the small girl, “What are you doing here?” She hissed.

“I came here to apology to Kim,” Angel kindly said, as she turned to Kimberly, whom was staring at her in disbelief, “I’m really sorry for the way I’ve acted. I’m just really protective of my brother.” She then shrugged, “He’s all I have – but he really loves you and I can see you love him too. So I’m really sorry.”

Kimberly knew Angel only acted the goodness of her heart to protect Nick. She would have done the same thing, she nodded, “It’s okay, I forgive you.”

Ashley crossed her arms, her guard was still up. She then saw Nick and her eyes grew wide. His knuckles weren’t in great shape and he had a good bruise on his face and cut on his lip, “Ex-excuse me for a second.” She walked over towards Nick, “Come with me,” she ordered. He didn’t protest and she dragged him into the kitchen, “What the hell happened to you?!? Kim is gonna flip her lid when she sees you!”

Ray was sipping a Budweiser, “Damn, man. I knew you were gonna kick the shit outta the guy, but he wasn’t supposed to win.”

Nick sat down on the chair at the table and glared at him, then looked back at Ashley, “I met up with that fucker that touched Kim and I think I might have….lost my cool.”

She laughed, “You think?!?”

He shrugged, “Couldn’t help it. I’m not gonna stand around and let some jerk smack her around.” Nick then saw that Ashley was going through her purse, digging for something, “What are you doing?”

“Looking for some cover up for you,” she answered, as she continued to search through the black hole she called a purse.

Suddenly Nick jumped up, knocking the chair over, “There is no way in hell you are putting any of that shit on my face!”

Kimberly came in the kitchen, “What’s going on?” She demanded, “What happened?” She then got a good look of Nick’s face, “What….what happened to you? Oh My God! Are you okay?!?” She rushed to his side and put her hands to his face, trying her best not to hurt him, “Who did this to you?!?”

“Come on,” whispered Ashley to Ray. “Let’s leave them alone to talk.”

He nodded, and they both left the kitchen to leave Kimberly and Nick some privacy.

“Ashley told me you had to see Angel or something? I see she’s fine, so what happened Nick? Please don’t lie to me.”

Her green eyes were pleading and he knew he couldn’t lie to her, and who knows maybe she’d actually be happy to know what he did. He sighed, “I love you so much, Baby Angel,” he told her, as he rubbed her arms. “And when I saw what that jerk did to you….I just – I just couldn’t help myself.”

Kimberly looked up at him angry and she pulled herself away from him, “You beat up my ex boss?!?”

Nope, she wasn’t happy in the slightest, “Well, what did you expect me to do?!? I couldn’t just stand around and do nothing.”

“You had Ashley lie to me? God Nick, I can’t believe you.”

“Why are you so mad?”

“Because what if you got arrested or something? Do you know what it can do to your image? I mean its bad enough you aren’t even with the band anymore….don’t you care at all what this can do your reputation?!?”

Nick half smiled, “Baby Angel, I have been through much worse with my rep. I mean the world thought I was a woman beating bastard because of Paris Hilton. When the world finds out that I beat up a guy because he hit my girl…I don’t think they’d be as angry. Plus, I don’t care what they think – I don’t care what anyone thinks, but you.” Nick then pulled her into his arms, “You’re the only one that matters to me anymore, you’re the only one that’s important to me. I don’t even care about my reputation anymore – I don’t care about this life. If I have to bag groceries for the rest of my life so be it, but if I’m with you, I’ll be just as happy.” His lips softly brushed against hers, “I love you so much, Kim.”

She could feel her eyes stinging and she embraced him tightly, nuzzling her face into his chest, “Nick, God.”

He laughed, “What?”

“Why is it that you’re so perfect?”

His hand ran up and down her back, “I wouldn’t say I’m perfect, but I do think you’re the big reason why you make me the way I am.” He took her face and pulled it close to his and their lips connected once more and his tongue slowly snaked inside.

Once they pulled away and smiled widely at him, “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Kicking his ass.”

He laughed, “I’d do it all over again if I had to. I’d never let anyone hurt you.”

Kimberly felt butterflies filling up inside of her, “You’re the only guy that can make me feel like jell-O.”

Nick snickered, “Jell-O, huh?”

“Mmmhmm.”

He grinned, “What if I make you feel like Jell-O right now in the bedroom?”

She giggled, “Nick.”

“Ew, ew, ew!” Gagged Angel, “I so just walked in here at the wrong time!”

Kimberly laughed, “Um, yeah I’d say you did.”

Nick looked up at her annoyed, “Did you need something?”

“Just gonna tell you, I’m gonna hit the road…so you two can do whatever you want. Have fun with that jell-O of yours.”

Kimberly started to laugh, “Wow…Angel.” She laughed again and then stared at her and smiled, “Thanks for stopping by.”

She smiled back, “I’m glad I came by too.” She walked over and hugged her, “Again, I’m sorry for acting like a complete bitch.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m over it. You’re a good sister.”

Nick smiled at the two, loving that his sister and girlfriend were getting along. He walked over to his sister and hugged her, “So thanks for…well you know.”

She laughed, “I know, I know. I’m just amazing like that.” She then pulled away, “Well, see you guys later.”

Kimberly smiled, “Bye, see you around.”

Angel then left.

“So what do you wanna do, Baby Angel?”

She glanced at the clock, “Well it is almost three in the morning. Wanna lay down and watch some TV?”

He smiled, “Yeah.”

They both walked out into the living room, “Anyone wanna have a movie night?!?” Asked Kimberly, as she claimed the couch.

“Movie night?!?” Repeated Ashley, “Guys, it’s almost three in the morning! Don’t you ever sleep?”

“I did sleep,” she said, with a smug look.

“Only because Nick put you to sleep,” chuckled Ray.

“Hey, whatever works,” laughed Kimberly.

Nick sat down next to his girlfriend and she crawled into him and he wrap his arms around her, “So you guys down or what?”

“I’m tired,” admitted Ashley. She then looked at Ray, “So how are the sleeping arrangements gonna go?”

“I’m fine here,” said Kimberly. She looked up at Nick, “How about you?”

“I’m comfortable. Why don’t you two sleep in the bed?”

Ashley’s eyes got large, “Uh…I don’t know.” She then looked at Ray, “Nothing against you….I just…I don’t think I’d feel totally comfortable. I mean…” she trailed off.

He laughed, “No worries. What if we sleep with our clothes on? I promise not to try anything on ya.”

“And if you do,” warned Kimberly, with a teasing voice. “I can kick where it hurts – just a friendly reminder.”

Nick laughed, “Damn, baby.”

Ashley laughed, “Okay, well let’s head to bed I guess. See you two in the morning.”

“Goodnight!” Called Nick, “And play safe, Ray – if you want to keep your balls.”

“Shut up,” he groaned.

He snickered and then looked back at Kimberly, “So what do you wanna watch?”

She shrugged, “I don’t care, you choose.”

Nick grabbed the remote and flicked through the channels and saw Aliens was on, “Ooh! Good one.”

“This is actually a good movie.”

“Hell yeah it is!”

Kimberly moved down and rested her head on his lap and his fingers began to caress her sculpt, “Mmm, that feels good,” she softly moaned.

“I love you,” he said in a hoarse voice.

“Love you more.”

He shook his head, “More lies.”

She looked up at him and sat up, seeing the playful grin around his lips, “Oh really? So what do I have to do to prove my love is pure?”

He grinned, “I can think of a few things.”

She laughed, “You’re such a perv.”

“What?!? How?”

She then grinned and crawled on top of him and straddled him and wrapped her arms around his neck, “You know I love you. I’m so glad we’re okay.”

He grabbed her by the hips and laid her down on the couch, “Me too, Baby Angel,” he said, as he hovered over her. His lips then met her mouth, “I missed you like you wouldn’t believe.” His lips then went to her earlobe down to her neck, and his hands locked with hers above her head. His lips then were to her jawline and soon met back to her mouth once more, sliding his tongue inside – meeting with hers.

“This is not good,” she moaned. “This is making me want you again.”

“And why is that so bad?” He asked, as a small curve formed around his lips.

“Ugh, Nick – you’re so not making this easy to resist you.”

He grinned, “Now why would you want to do a thing like that?” He questioned, with a raised eyebrow.

She shook her head, “Don’t know how to take no for an answerer, do you?”

“Do you want me to be good?” He asked, with a somewhat serious tone.

“Yes and no.”

He laughed and pulled away, sitting up and grabbed Kimberly and pulled her into him, “Tomorrow is always a new day – we’ll have more fun when people aren’t in the next room.”

She laughed, “Sounds like a plan.” She snuggled into him, “Love you, Carter.”

He kissed her on the top of her head, “Love you too, Baby Angel.”

“Are you okay…with being good for right now?”

He smiled, “Baby, I’m fine. I guess being apart from you for that amount of time was killing me.” He then snickered, “You make me sound like a sex addict. I just love being with you…and yeah, I am a man and crave you – but I can resist. I’m just happy to have you in my arms.”

She smiled, “Okay, good.” She sat up a bit just enough to where she could reach his lips, and then laid into him again. They both then forced themselves to watch the movie...although other thoughts were running through both of their minds and during the movie, their hands did wonder...a lot.
Shot At Love by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 18 ~



For the next few days, Kimberly hardly even went to her apartment. She had been staying with Nick at Ray’s with Ashley. Those two had become pretty close, it was sad that she lived so far away. He was a bit distraught that she was going to be leaving to go back to California. They both were falling for each other and hard, it made Kimberly sad because he made her laugh a lot. Ashley never been with anyone seriously before not since her heart got broke a few years back.

“Do you really need to go back so soon?” Kimberly asked Ashley in the kitchen of Ray’s house. They had another get together….it seemed they barely left the house anymore. Why should they? They all had everything they needed; Kimberly got to spend as much time as she wanted with Nick, they could cuddle kiss without all eyes on them. Ashley and Ray had started to really become more than just cuddle friends. Nick and Kimberly actually walked in on them making out – Kimberly was so happy for her best friend, it was a great relief to see her so happy with a man.

“You know I do,” she replied, as she took a sip of her iced coffee. It was early; Kimberly had woken up around eight in the morning, which was not at all normal for her. She found Ashley in the kitchen; she had woken up half an hour earlier.

“Can’t you stay a little bit longer? It’s been so great having you here…Ray’s going to be crushed when you have to leave, you know?”

She chuckled, “I doubt he’ll be crushed.” She then smiled, “But it’s defiantly been fun. I like him – and boy can he kiss!”

Kimberly laughed, “I’ll take your word for it.”

“So has Nick talked to the other guys yet?”

She shook her head, “Nope. Whenever I bring it up he does everything to avoid the subject. I just hate feeling I’m the reason that their friendship might be over, you know?”

“Come on, Kim. You know that’s not it. He even told you they’ve been having problems long before you even came along. So don’t go beating yourself up over nothing.”

She nodded, “I’m trying. It’s hard, I just want him happy.”

“And he’s happy being with you, Kim.” Ashley stared at her with hard eyes, “You really need to stop this. He’s in love with you, he’s happy being with you.”

She sighed, “I know, I know. You’re right. Sometimes I tend to act stupid.”

Ashley snickered, “Sometimes?”

“Oh, shut up.”

“Hello beautiful ladies!”

Ashley smirked when she saw Ray walk into the kitchen, “Hi. Nick’s not with you?”

“Nope,” he answered, as he walked towards the refrigerator, “Must still be passed out.” He then glanced at Kimberly, “Wear the poor kid out again?”

She laughed, “Oh shush! You two act like we have sex everyday or something!”

“Don’t you?” Questioned Ashley, with an amused smirk.

“No!”

“Lies!” Disagreed Ray, “I heard the screams.”

Kimberly could feel her face turning a bright red, “I don’t scream.”

Ashley let out a roar of laughter, “Oh that’s so bullshit and you know it!!!! I remember two nights ago I heard you two going at it like animals. Nick, oh – oh right there….don’t stop,” she mimicked Kimberly’s voice.

Ray started to laugh uncontrollably, “Right on, baby girl!”

Seconds later Nick walked in the kitchen, “What am I missing?” He asked, with a yawn, “What’s so funny?”

“I think your girlfriend’s gonna kill me,” laughed Ashley.

“Now why’s that?”

Kimberly walked over towards Nick and wrapped her arms around his waist and nuzzled her face into his bare chest, “They’re being mean to me!”

He laughed and cradled her in his arms, “Well, that’s not nice.”

Ashley laughed, “We’re picking on her because she doesn’t think she screams during sex when clearly she does – I hear her!”

Nick laughed and then looked down at his girlfriend, “Well, Baby Angel, you do get loud.”

She looked at him appalled, “I do not!” She pushed him away, “You’re supposed to be defending me.”

He laughed again and grabbed her, pulling her into him, “No shame in that. Just means I’m doing my job right.”

“Anyway,” said Ray, trying to change the subject. “I’m starving. Anyone wanna go out for breakfast?”

“Ooh.” Kimberly’s head perked up, “I could so go for some eggs over easy.” She then looked up at Nick, “Wanna go?”

He laughed once he saw the excited look in her eyes, “Well, how can I say no?” He then looked back at his friends, “Yeah sure, we’re in.”

“Great!” Squealed Ashley, “Let’s go get ready.”

Kimberly laughed at her friend’s excitement, “Okay.” She pulled away from Nick and went with Ashley to get dressed.

Ray laughed at the two, “Who would have thought someone would be so happy to get breakfast?”

Nick shrugged, he then looked at his friend, “So what’s going on with you and Ash? You two an item or what?”

“I don’t know.” He then sat down on the chair at the table, “I like her a lot, but it’s gonna be kind of hard if he lives all the way across the country, you know?”

Nick sat down next to him, “I’ve had to do that a lot and I’m not gonna lie, it’s not easy, but if you really want it to work it’s possible.”

“I don’t think she wants that kind of commitment.”

“You do know I have a place in Cali, right? If you wanted to crash there to be closer to her, you know it’s totally cool, right?”

Ray laughed, “Thanks, Nick, but I’ve only known her for like a week, not even. I don’t think she’d be all for that.”

He sighed and stood up, “Well, I don’t know what to tell ya, man. Well, I’m gonna get changed.” Nick then left and headed towards the bedroom he and Kimberly had been staying in.

Ray let out a sigh, he liked Ashley a lot, but he knew that considering taking up Nick’s offer was a bit extreme. Leave it to him to like a girl that lived a thousand miles away.


Breakfast went well; they went to Denny’s – only a few girls went up to them and asked for his autograph. Some asked him how he was feeling and if the boys were going to reschedule their tour. He didn’t know how to tell them that the band split and he knew he couldn’t, so he kindly looked at the lovely fans and smiled saying, “We’re talking about it.” He had to lie and he knew when they found out the band was no longer together it was going to break their hearts. Kimberly looked at him disapproving, hated knowing she was the reason that their hearts were going to be torn once they found out the horrible truth. Nick saw the distress in her face and put his hand on her knee, gently rubbing it with his knuckles already knowing how she was feeling. Once she walked away Nick looked at her for a long time, “What’s wrong?” He finally asked.

She sighed, “They’re gonna be so crushed when they find out there is gonna be no rescheduling and worse….no more Backstreet Boys,” her voice broke.

Ashley looked at her and chewed on her bottom lip and just dropped her head. She wanted to say something, but she knew it wasn’t her place and sure she knew how Kimberly was feeling and she wished she could do something for her friend. But how much longer was she going to pull this? How much longer was she going to blame herself for the band breaking up?

“Baby Angel, come on don’t do this,” he pleaded. “You know it’s not your fault, it never has been. I wasn’t happy being with them – so just stop.”

She sighed and nodded, “Okay, I’m sorry. I'll stop.”

He wasn’t convinced, but he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her on the temple, “I love you.”

“Love you too,” she mumbled, before taking her fork and putting it in her eggs over easy that were covered in ketchup.

He sighed and let her go and took a sip of his drink, wishing he could make her see the truth. Why did she think she was to blame? Why couldn’t she believe him?



After breakfast finished, they decided to go to the beach. They quickly went back to Ray’s to change into their swim suits. Kimberly was afraid to go, only because she’d be really in public with him, but she couldn’t hide from the public eye forever. He was her boyfriend, she was just afraid of all the hate she was going to get when the fans found out the truth – all fingers would point to her for the break up, not that she blamed anyone for pin pointing her. She blamed herself every day; at times all she could think about was how she ruined his career.

Once they got there, the panic began to lessen, for there weren’t a ton of people and she could take a breather. It was hot and humid out, she felt the warm breeze against her skin, she hadn’t gone to the beach in forever. The smell of the ocean filled her nostrils, she felt herself smiling, she looked over at Nick whom was staring at her, grinning.

“God, I can’t wait to go in the water!!!” Exclaimed Ashley, as she stared into the crystal blue water. The sun was reflecting off of it, causing it to almost sparkle; the ocean truly was the most beautiful place on Earth.

Kimberly grabbed the long beach towel that was in her arms and laid it out onto the white sand, “I’ll meet up with you,” she promised.

Ashley shrugged and pulled down her shorts, revealing a black cute swim suit, that had a black skirt attached to it. The top was low cut and showed off her womanly curves, “Okay.” She then looked at Ray whom was staring at her with lust in his eyes “You wanna come with me, so I don’t have to go alone?”

He smirked, “Yeah, sure!” Ray quickly took off his shirt and went with her into the water, smiling the whole time.

Kimberly laughed, “Wow, he likes her, huh?” She asked, looking at Nick as she unbuttoned her jean shorts.

“I’d say so.” He then glanced at her and grinned, as she stepped out of the jeans so her purple two piece swim suit was showing. She then laid down on the towel so her back was facing up. Nick smirked and took off his white T-Shirt so that he was in his blue swim shorts and he knelt down next to her. He brushed her long hair aside and pulled the string of the top of her swim suit, until it opened.

Kimberly turned her head and grinned, “What are you doing, Mister?”

“Lotioning up your back,” he replied, with a devious grin.

She laughed, “Mmmhmm, I’m sure.” She then rested her head back down and then felt a cool thick substance hit her skin causing her to jumped.

He laughed, “Didn’t believe me?”

She looked at him with a hook like smile around her lips. He leaned down and pressed his lips onto hers, before rubbing the lotion into her skin with both of his hands. She groaned as she felt his hands around her shoulders, gently massaging her and his hands then slipped down to her lower back. She loved how he would touch her, even if it wasn’t in any sexual way – it still sent shock waves through her. “I love the way you touch me,” she whispered.

He smiled, “Oh yeah?” His hands then went to her sides and lubed them, causing her to giggle. He loved how highly ticklish she was, when he barely touched her she jumped out of her skin, he thought it was hilarious. But he didn’t want to tickle her at that moment, so he grabbed her hips and flipped her around so that she was on her back. Kimberly held her top in place so it didn’t slip off. Nick hovered over her and grinned, “Looks like I got you.”

She giggled, “Baby, you’ve always had me.”

He smiled and lowered his face to hers, “You’ve had me at hello.”

She laughed, “Okay, Jerry Maguire.”

He laughed, “What?”

“That is totally a quote from that movie.”

She inhaled deeply as she felt his lubed up hands against her stomach and moved upwards. She felt her heart pounding in her chest, not from his touch, but the fact that they were in public. Were pictures going to be displayed everywhere of them? Suddenly she felt his lips against hers, and his tongue slipping inside her mouth. She no longer thought about what others would think if this was displayed all over magazines. Nick laced his fingers with hers and their kiss deepened as she arched her back, wanting a lot more than a kiss. That was the only thing she didn’t like about Nick kissing her, it made her want more…made her want him more.

He grinned over her lips, knowing she wanted to just rip off his shorts and feel him inside her. Hell, he wanted that, but knowing how bad she wanted it made him feel somewhat in control…somewhat. Although, even if he wanted to, he knew he wouldn’t be able to take her, not with so many people around. It was tempting to just take her to one of those bathrooms and pin her against the wall – like he did with her at Disney World.


“I swear those two have no shame,” said Ashley, once she saw the couple making out and not giving a care in the world who saw.

Ray laughed, “Nope. Nick never has.” He then looked at Ashley, “Do you?”

She shrugged, “More than her, apparently.”

He turned to her, and pulled her close to him. They were in the water up to their shoulders, “Can I be honest with you?”

“Yeah. What’s up?”

“I’m gonna miss you.”

She smiled warmly at him, “I’m gonna miss you too. This has been really fun, I’m glad I came.”

“Yeah, me too.” Ray slowly leaned in and kissed her, he felt her arms wrap around his neck as he snaked his tongue into her mouth. “I really wish you didn’t have to leave tomorrow,” he said, once they pulled away.

“I know…I wish I didn’t either…” she paused, “But unfortunately I have to. I just wish Kim would come with me.”

“She wants to be where Nick is.”

“I know, but she won’t move in with him. She has this obsession of being independent of herself.”

“Can’t blame her – she loves the guy.”

Ashley nodded, “Yeah, and she was a complete wreck when they weren’t together. I’m happy for her – she needs him.”

“I need you,” he said above a whisper.

She looked at him surprised, “What?”

He shook his head, “Noth-nothing.”

“No tell me,” she urged.

“I was…I was just thinking I like you a lot…and I was wondering would you want to make your last day here kind of…I dunno special?”

She laughed, “Special? You wanna hook up, is that what you’re saying?”

“Uhh…I guess it came off wrong – sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, I knew what you meant…and let me think about it,” she said with a smirk.

“Hey you!”

Ashley looked over and saw Kimberly swimming next to her, “Hey!”

“Where’s Nick?” Wondered Ray.

Kimberly then screamed and they both looked at her alarmed, Nick swam up from under her and grabbed her from behind, lifting her in his arms. “Scare ya?”

“Oh My God, you jerk!!!”

Ray laughed, “That was great.”

“Nah, this is great.” Kimberly looked at him with suspicious eyes and within moments she was thrown into the water.

“Oh, that’s it, Carter!” Kimberly then swam up from behind him and jumped on his back, pulling him under with her.

Ray then eyed Ashley, “Oh no!” She yelled, “Don’t you dare.” She started to swim away from him, but he caught up and pushed her under the water.

“I’m gonna kill you!” She screeched.

Kimberly watched the two and laughed, “I wish she didn’t have to leave,” she pouted.

“I know, babe. Think she’ll give him some before she goes?” He laughed.

She smacked his arm, “Nick!”

“What? I was just asking, I’m just looking out for my boy.”

Kimberly jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his waist, “How about looking out for your girl?”

“What do you mean? I’m looking out for you.”

“I want some ice cream. Want to grab some?”

“Do I get to lick it off of you?” He asked, with a smirk.

She laughed, “Maybe later….but what if I want you to lick something else?”

Nick let out a small grunt before kissing her, “I’d lick you every which way you want, baby.”

“Mmm, good.” She then looked up at the other two, whom were playing in the water, “Hey, guys. Me and Nick are thinking about grabbing some ice cream. Want any?”

“Yeah!” Said Ashley.

“Great, let’s go,” said Kimberly, once she pulled away from Nick and they swam to the shore.

Nick wrapped the towel around Kimberly and she smiled and went on her tippy toes softly kissing him. She then glanced over and saw Ray was handing Ashley a towel, he was a little shy around her and it was cute. What surprised her the most was that Ashley showed an interest in him…and she showed an interest in no one before. Not since that jerk ex-boyfriend of hers cheated on her. Was it possible that Ray might be that guy to change her opinion on guys? Nick sure changed her opinion and if there was hope for her, there was hope for anyone.
No Such Thing As Fairy Tale Endings by Cartersbitch
Author's Notes:
Sorry its been so long since my last update!
~ Chapter 19 ~


Ashley was laying in bed still not believing what had just happened. What was she thinking?!? She threw her hand over her head and brushed her hair back. Did she really just sleep with this guy that she barely knew? But she couldn’t deny the feelings she felt for him; she hadn’t felt like that with anyone in such a long time. Not since she found out her ex-boyfriend was screwing around on her, and just jumping in the sac with this guy didn’t specify that he was any different…however, the way he acted with her made her smile, made her feel he just didn’t want to get lucky but maybe he actually liked her. She glanced over at Ray, he was laying on his side facing her. She smiled as she heard him softly breathing, she hated that she had to leave in a few hours. She knew if she really wanted to, she could stay, but she couldn’t…was it fear of getting hurt or maybe she just didn’t want to get sucked into something that wouldn’t work? Saving herself from a train wreck waiting to happen. She lived in California, he lived in Florida – that was all the way across the country, there was no possible way they could work. She just had to face facts, it wasn’t meant to be. It was just for fun, she had to keep on telling herself that, she wouldn’t allow herself to get sucked into a long distance relationship. His friend was Nick Carter for crying out loud! Girls would fuck Ray in a second if they thought it would get them closer to Nick…she knew how it worked and she knew men could not be trusted…especially when it was so easy to get girls. Although, Nick could get girls anytime he wanted and he still only wanted to be with Kimberly – but he also wasn’t a thousand miles away either.


“Do you think if I bribed Ashley with clothes she’d stay?” Questioned Kimberly while eating cereal at the table. She looked up at Nick, whom was leaning against the sink and drinking a coffee.

He laughed, “Really don’t want her to go that bad, huh?”

She shook her head, “Nu-huh. She’s my best friend – I forgot what it was like to have her around. She makes me feel happy.”

“Well, excuse me.”

She laughed and stood up from the table, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his waist. “You know you make me happy,” she reassured him. “But living with Laura and the way she’s been treating me…then having Ash come, I know who my true friend is, you know?”

“I know, Baby Angel,” he said, rubbing a hand up and down her back. “I’m only playing. We can visit her anytime you want. I have a place in LA.”

Kimberly smiled wide, “Really?”

He loved how much that made her smile, which caused him to smile, “Yeah, I actually stay there a lot. I guess you could call it my home.”

She laughed, “You guess? You don’t know?”

He shrugged, “I move around a lot, especially when we did touring. I love Florida, it’s where I was raised, but California feels right when I’m there.”

“Ashley has been bugging me to move in with her for a while now.” She then shook her head, “But I don’t know.”

“Why not?” He wondered.

“Honestly?” She looked up into his blue eyes, “Well, other than I don’t want her paying everything for me, since I don’t have a job….I don’t want to be far away from you.”

Nick put a hand up to her face and slid it into her hair, gently caressing her sculpt before pressing his lips onto hers, “Baby Angel, even if you lived in Ohio for that matter, I would come and visit you. Nothing will ever keep us apart again, I promise.”

Kimberly moved her hands up to his chest and wrapped them around his neck, “I love you so much,” she whispered.

He smiled and connected his lips back onto hers, slipping his tongue into her mouth. She closed her eyes as she felt his tongue ravish hers, and his hands moving down to her buttocks, gently gripping them.

Someone then cleared their throat and they both immediately pulled away to see Ashley, “Sorry,” she mumbled, embarrassment was in her voice. “But uh, Kim. We need to go to your place so I can grab the rest of my stuff.”

“Where’s Ray?” Questioned Nick.

“Still sleeping.”

He smirked, “I guess you two really did have fun last night.”

Her face flushed, “What are you talking about?”

Kimberly laughed, “Oohh, look at that. Her face is beat red.” She then grinned, “So now who’s the screamer?”

Nick laughed, “I will admit, you two weren’t exactly quiet.”

Her hand flew over her mouth, “Oh My God!” She gasped, “You heard us?!?”

“Mmmhmm,” answered Kimberly, with a smirk. She then saw the terrified look come across her friend’s face, “Nothing wrong with that, girl. You needed it! I’m glad you had a good time while you were here.”

“I’m just never…..like this, you know? I barely know him. It’s so unlike me.”

“Nothing wrong with just letting loose,” said Nick. He then unwrapped his arms from around Kimberly’s waist, “Well, I guess I’ll get dressed.”

Kimberly smiled, “Okay. I’ll get dressed in a bit too.”

“Okay.” He sweetly kissed her before leaving the kitchen.

Ashley smiled, “You two are so cute with each other.”

“Well, you should have seen how cute you were with Ray last night. I wanted to take a picture!”

She laughed, “A picture, Kim?”

“What?” She then smiled warmly at her friend, “I like seeing you happy….I’ve never seen you smile so much. So…I have a question.”

Ashley eyed her cautiously, “What?”

Kimberly laughed, “What’s that look for?”

“I know you,” she replied with a laugh.

She smirked, “Was he good?”

Ashley laughed, “Kim, God!”

Kimberly then laughed, “What?!? Come on, we’re best friends…we’re supposed to share everything.”

Ashley chewed on her lower lip as she stared at her best friend whom had eagerness in her eyes. She then laughed, “Yes, he was good!”

“Oooh, knew it! So are you gonna see him again?!?”

“You knew it?” She raised her eyebrow at her friend.

Kimberly giggled, “Oh come on, it’s not hard to see. I mean, he’s gorgeous, girl and looks like he’s got it going on, if you get what I’m saying?”

Ashley laughed, “Kim, sometimes I don’t know about you.”

She grinned, “You loveee me.”

“Unfortunately.”

“HEY!”

She laughed, “Kidding.”

“Anyway, so are you gonna see him again or what? He sure looks like he’s into you, girl.”

Ashley looked at her and shrugged, “I don’t know…I doubt it.”

Kimberly looked at her disappointed, “What?!? Why not? You liked him – at least that’s what it seemed. Aren’t you happy with Ray?”

Ashley let out a loud sigh, “I like him, yeah, but come on, Kim you gotta be realistic. I live in California he lives here. There’s no way we can maintain a long distance relationship…I just wouldn’t be able to do it.”

“You don’t even want to try?”

“What’s the point in the heartbreak, Kim?” She then shrugged, “I can’t do it…I need my man to be with me, not thousand miles away.”

Kimberly sighed, “I wish you’d try it. I mean, he can visit, you can visit. If you really want it to work, it can happen.”

Ashley let out a small laugh, “I just met the guy, Kim. I like him, but I’m not in love with him. I had fun with him and unfortunately because of our situation, that’s all it’s going to be.” She saw dishearten in her friend’s face, “Why are you making this into such a big deal anyway, Kim?”

She shrugged, “I just want you happy.”

“I don’t need a man to make me happy.” She then looked at the clock, “Well, I better get dressed; I have to leave for the airport soon.”

Kimberly nodded, “Okay.” She watched her best friend walk away and she let out a loud sigh before collapsing onto the couch. She threw her hand through her hair. Why did she want Ashley with Ray so badly? Maybe she should just let go and allow them to make their own decisions. She was just so happy with Nick and wanted the same fate for her best friend….but unfortunately that wasn’t going to happen. Not everyone wanted that fairly tail happy ending.


Nick walked into Ray’s room and caught him getting dressed. He smirked as he stared at his friend, “So I hear you and Ashley got pretty friendly last night.”

Ray laughed and rolled his eyes at him, “Word travels fast.”

“Nah, just the screams did.”

He raised an eyebrow, “She was that loud, huh?”

“You’d be surprised how thin these walls are.” Nick then sat down on the bed, “So what’s going on with you two? You gonna see her again?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know…doubt it. She lives out in Cali, Nick. It’s not like I can just walk down the street to see her, you know?”

“Well, I told you, you could stay in my place for a bit if you wanted to.”

Ray shrugged again, “I don’t know…I haven’t even known her all that long. That just seems kind of weird to me and I’m sure it would freak her out too. I don’t want her thinking I’m some psycho that thinks I’m in love with her or something.”

“I don’t know what to tell ya then….I’m just trying to help.”

“I know you are.” Ray smiled at his friend, “And thank you for that. But it just wasn’t meant to me. Who knows, maybe I’ll see her again next time she visits Kim. Maybe sometime in the future I can visit her…but right now it’ s just not a good time.”

Nick nodded, “Yeah, and I’m sure Kim will be dying to see her sometime soon.” He then grinned, “You’ll be seeing Ash again in no time, I’m sure of it.”

Ray could feel a smirk form around his mouth. He knew that Nick may be right, Kimberly and Ashley were best friends they would want to see each other again and soon. Hell, Kimberly was having a hard time with her leaving in the first place. He looked up at Nick and smiled, “Thanks, man.”

He grinned, “Anytime. Well, Ash wants to go to Kim’s because she has a few of her things there. You gonna come with us?”

Ray nodded, “Yeah. Just let me brush my hair and I’ll be good to go.”

“Okay,” said Nick. “I’ll wait for ya in the kitchen.” That said, he left the bedroom and let Ray finish getting ready.

Ray walked up to the dresser and grabbed the black comb and quickly combed his hair so he could get rid of the bed head. Sadness began to wash over him. He was annoyed at himself for allowing himself to fall for a girl so easily, but on the other hand he hadn’t had such a good time with a woman in a long time. He didn’t regret anything, he just hated that he wouldn’t see her for a while. He had a bad feeling go through him; he had an idea that he and Ashley were going to lose touch after she left. He tried not to act too depressed, he didn’t want anyone to see this side of him, he wasn’t the sappy type.

He walked out in the kitchen and saw that everyone was already ready to leave, “So we’re going to your place, Kim?” Questioned Ray, even though he already knew the answer. Nick had told him.

She nodded, “Yep. Ash has to grab a few things there.” She then looked at Nick, “You know, you don’t have to go. After we grab everything we can just come back here and meet you.”

Ashley shook her head, “We won’t have time for that.”

Nick looked at Kimberly puzzled, “Why would you want me to stay here?”

She shrugged, “I dunno, in case Laura is there or something. I don’t know how she’s going to react when she sees us together…”

He could see the fear upon her face, “Baby Angel, don’t worry about her. She’s going to see firsthand that you’re the one I want.”

“And if she is there and does say anything,” interrupted Ashley. “I will gladly show her my fist.”

Ray laughed, “Well, damn.

Ashley shook her head, “No, you don’t know this girl. She is the devil! You should hear the way she talks to Kim, it’s beyond horrible. I have been wanting to fuck up that pretty face of hers for quite some time now. And if she says something, that will be a good excuse.”

Kimberly laughed, “Damn, killa.”

She grinned, “Just looking out for my girl.”

Kimberly hugged her, “I love you, bitch.”

“Love you more, hoebag.”

“Such love,” laughed Ray.

Ashley smirked, “This is how we show our love for each other.”

“Mmmhmm,” agreed Kimberly.

Nick chuckled, “You get used to it after a while.” He then looked at the clock, “Alright, well if we’re gonna leave, we need to leave now to beat traffic.”

She nodded, “You’re right, let’s go.”

Kimberly felt such fear as they all left the safety of Ray’s apartment. She was just so afraid of what would happen if Laura was at her apartment…how would she react? Would she start a fight right there? So many thoughts ran through her mind. She knew Laura was behind her and Nick’s minor break, she lied to them both so they wouldn’t get back together and it nearly worked!

Nick decided to drive so that Ashley and Ray could relax a bit in the back. They were talking about the future…that was a start. Kimberly couldn’t help but listen. She wanted them to want to see each other again. Ashley told him that she would love to keep in touch with him and see him again. Kimberly no longer was able to listen to what they were saying because Nick turned on the radio and it blocked all conversations out. She looked at him annoyed and he just shrugged with a sly smile. He snaked his hand over and grabbed onto hers, that was sitting on her lap and intertwined his fingers with hers. She looked up at him and smiled, he made her feel like such a little girl. She would get butterflies from the simplest touch, or the smallest smile, but knowing he was in love with her made her feel more amazing than words could ever express.


After nearly forty five minutes, they arrived to Kimberly’s apartment. She held her breath, but relief soon swept over her, as she saw that the car was not in the driveway. Laura wasn’t there! Thank God!

“Aw damn,” mumbled Ashley.

Kimberly glanced at her, “What?”

“I really wanted to punch her.”

She laughed, “I’m sure there’s going to be more than one time to be able to do that.”

She grinned, “I sure hope so.”

They all then got out of the car and walked inside the apartment. Ashley headed right towards Kimberly’s bedroom.

“See that,” said Nick’s voice, as he grabbed her hand with his. “You were worried about nothing.”

“I tend to do that a lot, don’t I?”

He nodded, “Mmmhmm. Far too much.”

She shrugged, “Sorry. I’ll work on it,” she said, with a half smile.

“Please do.” He then wrapped his arms around her, “But really, Baby Angel don’t go worrying about her. She’s nothing. She’s jealous of you; she wants what you have, but want to know something? She’s not going to get it, because I am all yours.”

Kimberly couldn’t help but smile as she felt a large smile stretch out across her face, “All mine, huh?”

He grinned, “Oh yeah…all yours, baby.”

She laughed and shook her head, “How do you make it so easy?”

He cocked an eyebrow, not understanding what she meant, “Make what so easy?”

“Making me want so you badly?”

He smirked, “I guess I’m just that good.”

Kimberly bit on her lower lip, “Damn right you are.”

“Okay,” said Ray, interrupting the couple. “I’m gonna…I’m gonna go find Ashley.”

Kimberly snickered, “Sorry, Ray. I kind of forgot you were here.”

“Thanks.”

Nick laughed, “Go find your girl so I can tease mine some more.”

“Yeah, will do.” That said he left to find Ashley…he knew this may be their last time being alone…for God knows how long.

Kimberly laughed, “Tease me more, huh? That’s not very nice.”

He smirked, “Since when do you like it when I’m nice?”

“Good point.” Nick then pulled her down onto the couch and pulled her into him, so that their bodies were pressed against each other. Kimberly’s mouth met with his, “I love you,” she murmured over his lips.

He smiled, “Love you more, Baby Angel.” He kissed her once more before turning on the TV. Kimberly smiled and rested her head on his chest, as his arm wrapped around her shoulder. Depression began to sink in, as she thought about Ashley and Ray. She really hoped they stayed in touch.


Ray walked into the bedroom just in time to hear Ashley on the phone. “Yes, that’s right 168 Pave Road. Thanks, bye.” She then hung up the phone and jumped seeing Ray standing behind her. She put her hand to her chest, “Damn, don’t do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack.”

He weakly smiled, “Sorry. I needed an escape.”

“An escape from what?”

“Those two,” he answered, gesturing his head to the door.

She laughed, “Don’t we all.” Ashley was grabbing the remainder of her clothes and stuffing them into the large pink suitcase. “I hate how I always end up over packing.”

“I think all women do.”

She laughed, “Probably.”

Ray sat down on the bed and looked up at her. He didn’t want come off noisy, but he was curious about that phone call, “So uh…who was on the phone?”

“Yellow Cab. I’m having a taxi come and get me.”

His face fell; he was hoping he would at least be able to have the pleasure of driving her to the airport. “Oh.”

She saw the disappointment fill his handsome face, “Is something wrong?”

He shook his head, “No…”

Ashley walked over to the bed and sat down next to him, “Come on, what’s up?”

“I guess I was just hoping I was gonna be able to drive ya down to LAX.”

“Oh…” she paused, “I’m sorry. I guess I wasn’t thinking.” She then looked at him, “But I think this is the best way.”

He looked at her confused, “Best way for what?”

“For saying goodbye. I think at the airport it would be too hard, tears and all. I’m just not into all that. That way if we say goodbye here, it’s simple and clean.”

“Ashley, do you even like me?” His tone sounded a little bitter, which caught her off guard.

“What? Of course I do.”

“Then why do you keep on distancing yourself from me?” He demanded, “You know I like you, and if you like me, why can’t we just try to work something out?”

She sighed and put her hand on his, “Listen Ray, I do like you, so don’t go thinking I don’t. But I don’t do the long distance thing; it’s just not my style. If I’m with someone I need them to be with me, not thousand miles away. I’m really sorry; I know it sucks because of our situation. If things were different, I’d love to give us a shot, but unfortunately because of our living situations we can’t do that.”

“Do you think you could give it a shot? And see what happens?” Hope was in his voice.

She hated this; she hated how he wanted to be with her so badly. She liked him, liked him more than she wanted to and she wished things could be different. She shook her head, “I can’t.” Ashley decided it was time for him to face the cruel truth…time for her to face it, “What we had was fun, it was something I needed. I’m really glad I met you. You’re a great guy and gorgeous and any girl would be lucky to have you.”

“You don’t want to be that girl?”

She shook her head, “No, I’m sorry. It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just that I can’t.” A horn then honked, “Oh, that’s my ride, I gotta go.”

Ray could feel depression hitting him hard, “This fucking sucks.”

“I know,” she agreed.

Ashley then stood up and grabbed her heavy bag, “Let me get that for you,” he offered, grabbing the pink bag that felt like it weighed at least five tons.

She smiled, “Thanks.”

Ashley walked out into the living room and Kimberly jumped on her, hugging her so tightly, “I’m going to miss you sooo much!”

“I know, I’m gonna miss you too! This was so much fun.”

Kimberly pulled away and had a few tears rolling down her face, “You better visit soon!”

“Why don’t you come and visit me?”

“We’ll keep that in mind,” promised Nick.

She smiled, “Good.” She then hugged him, “It was great meeting you.”

“Likewise. Have a safe flight.”

“Thanks.” She then let out a loud sigh, “Well, I guess this is it. See ya guys later!”

“I’ll help ya to the taxi,” said Ray.

She smiled, “Okay.”

Ashley and Ray then walked outside to the taxi and Ray put the suitcase into the back of the yellow cab. He then looked at her, sadness flowing through his blue eyes, “I guess this is goodbye.”

She nodded, “Yeah, I guess it is.” She tightly wrapped her arms around him, not believing how painful this was for her. She had only known him for a week, but yet it felt like so much longer, “I’m going to miss you,” she whispered.

He was somewhat comforted that she was a little upset about leaving, “I’m gonna miss you too, baby.” Ashley could feel her eyes swelling. She hadn’t felt like this in so long, it just wasn’t fair. Ray cupped her chin with his hand and brought her lips to his. He felt Ashley’s lips part like an opening rose and that was when he allowed his tongue to slowly flick hers. As quickly as it happened, it ended, “Have a safe flight,” he said in a low voice.

Before she knew it, he was walking back into the apartment, and she watched him…wishing he would at least turn around, give her one last smile. But she got nothing. The disappointment over powered her and she quickly got inside the taxi. That was when she allowed the tears to fall….


Nick and Kimberly saw Ray enter the apartment; he looked like someone had just told him his dog had died.

“Hey, you alright, man?” Asked Nick, walking over to his friend.

He nodded, “Yeah…yeah, I’m good. I think I’m gonna head out now.” He looked at Kimberly, “Thanks for introducing me to your friend.”

“No…no problem.”

“See ya.”

They watched as Ray left and heard the tires screech over the pavement. Kimberly looked at Nick in complete stun, “What just happened? Did him and Ashley fight you think?”

He shook his head, “Nah. He just liked her a lot and I don’t think she wanted what he did. He tends to fall for girls easy…too easy. He always ends up getting hurt.”

“Aw.” She couldn’t help, but feel horrible, “Poor guy. I think Ashley is just scared, so she hardened her heart. I really wanted them to work out.”

Nick shrugged, “Not everything is always gonna end happy unfortunately.”

“We’re an exception though,” she replied, with a small smile.

Nick looked at her and smiled. He kissed her on her temple, “Yes, we’re defiantly an exception.”

“I love you,” said Kimberly, looking up at him.

Nick grinned, “Wanna prove it?”

She laughed, “When don’t I?”

He smirked, “Good point.” Nick then grabbed her and pinned her to the couch once again, “But first I get to tease you.” His fingers suddenly to her sides and to her stomach.

Kimberly began to squeal from laughter, “No, seriously, Nick. That’s not fair…stop.”


“Ugh, this is so lame,” groaned Laura. “Can we just leave?” She got dragged to go to a birthday party for Ronny’s grandmother.

He nodded, “Yeah. Just let me say goodbye to everyone.”

“Hurry,” she ordered.

He glared at her before saying goodbye to his family members. Thankfully it didn’t take him that long; it was only a small get together.

“So where to?” He asked, once they got into the car.

She shrugged, “I don’t know. My place I guess? Kim is never there anyway, we’ll probably have the place to ourselves again.” A smirk formed around her thin lips.

Ronny couldn’t help but feel excited, “Mmm, sounds good to me, baby.”

When Laura pulled into the driveway of her apartment she saw a vehicle she wasn't that familiar with.

“Who’s car is that?” Asked Ronny, as if he could read her thoughts, “I thought we were gonna be alone?”

“I thought we were.” That said, they both got out of the car and walked towards the apartment.
Moment Of Truth by Cartersbitch
Author's Notes:
I'm sooo sorry on my lack of updates, guys! I hope to get back on track now :)
Hey guys, i'm so sorry it took me soooo long to update!

Chapter 20


Nick was on top of Kimberly on the couch kissing her with so much passion. He could hear her softly moan over his mouth as his teeth gently tugged onto her lower lip. He could feel his pants become tight. Oh, how he wanted to ravish her. Why the hell were her clothes still on?!? His hands were roaming her upper part of her body, gently gripping her covered breasts. He wanted to just rip that fucking shirt off and feel her nipples harden under his control. “I don’t think you realize what you do to me,” he hoarsely breathed over her lips.

She looked at him with lustful green eyes and grinned, “Why don’t you show me then?” Her voice nothing but seductive.

He grinned, “Mmm, with pleasure.”

They then heard the front door open and Kimberly’s eyes shot open. She panicked and accidently shoved Nick onto the floor; causing him to make a loud thud. She looked at him apologetic and lipped sorry. She knew that Laura had come home and there was no time for her to get him out of there before she spotted him. Shit, what was she going to do? Laura was going to have an outburst once she saw her there with Nick Carter. The man she claimed was her soul mate. She was screwed.

He stood up and saw how freaked out she was. He put his hands on her shoulders, “Relax,” he told her, as his thumbs rubbed her arms. “She has to find out sooner or later.”

She nodded, “I-I know…” but her words weren’t that convincing. She was terrified.

Nick sat down on the couch and took her wrist and pulled her down next to him. He pressed his lips onto her hand, “It’ll be fine. Nothing she can do or say is gonna change my mind about you. She’s going to see firsthand that you’re the one that I want.”

She took a deep breath, “Yeah…”

“Kim? Are you home?” Her roommate called.

She didn’t want to answer, maybe if she didn’t reply she would just walk past them and then they could make their escape. She glanced up at Nick and could see that he really wanted her to let Laura know that they were an official item. She breathed and answered, “Yea-yeah.”

Laura walked in the living room with Ronny by her side. When she saw that Nick Carter was in her living room with Kimberly her eyes turned bleak. Her mouth dropped a bit and she had forgotten how to speak. Her thin, dark eyebrows lowered as she stared at the couple. Weren’t they supposed to be broken up?!? How the hell was she supposed to win him over if he was still seeing her?

“Well, what do we have here?” Asked Ronny as he saw Kimberly sitting next to a man; having no idea who Nick Carter was.

Nick could see that Kimberly was still a bit of panic from her roommate’s reactions. He then stood up and walked over towards the people and held out his hand, “Hey, what’s up. My name’s Nick.”

Ronny looked beyond surprised, “Well shit.” He then glanced over at Kimberly, “Looks like someone decided to finally deal with ya, huh? About time.”

Nick’s eyes glared at him, “What?” His voice turned hard and not as welcoming as a few seconds before.

Laura saw perfectly the sharp way he was giving her boyfriend the death stare. She loved the way Nick’s blue eyes turned icy and a dark blue; it made her heart flutter, but then she had to snap into reality. He was acting that way because of her roommate! How was that even possible?

“Sorry dude,” said Ronny, once he saw the hostile look in his eyes. “I didn’t mean anything by it, it’s just Kim doesn’t seem to get out much…and from what I’ve heard, she doesn’t date…ever.”

Nick then shot Laura a hard look that made her want to go and hide, “Well, you’ve been provided with the wrong information. Kim and I have been dating a while now.” He glanced over at her, whom was still on the couch, trying to figure out if this was just some bad dream. “Baby Angel, why don’t you come over here?”

Baby Angel? He gave her a nickname too?!? Laura could feel hatred for her roommate flaring up inside of her.

Kimberly could feel anxiety fill up inside of her and she stood up from the couch. Her legs feeling like they weighed a ton. She walked over to the three of them and half smiled, “Hi.”

Nick wrapped his arm around her waist and Laura’s eyes were glued to his hand like a hawk as his fingers rubbed the side of her skin that was exposed. Kimberly could feel her eyes darting at her like she was some sort of parasite and she wanted nothing more than to get away from her knife like stares.

“So what are you two up to?” Asked Ronny; he seemed friendly towards Nick. He had no idea that Laura was infatuated with this man, he had no idea that she was scheming of ways to get him alone with her so that she could woo him. He had no idea...

Kimberly shrugged, “We were just hanging out. Ashley just left. We weren’t expecting you guys.”

“Yes we know,” growled Laura. “I wasn’t expecting you to be here either.”

She swallowed, really hating how she was feeling. She almost felt…well afraid, “Well…I do live here too,” she timidly said.

“Well, I haven’t seen you in nearly a week.”

“I’m to blame for that,” said Nick, with a smug smile. He leaned over and kissed his girlfriend on the temple and Laura’s eyes burned with envy, “We were over my friend’s place for a while.”

“Well,” said Ronny. “We were gonna have a movie night. Since you guys are already here, wanna join us?”

Kimberly couldn’t believe how nice and welcoming Ronny was being. Was he even the same person that she met in the past? “Uh, yeah,” she said. She looked at Nick, “Wanna?”

He smiled, “Yeah, sure.”

Nick walked over towards the recliner chair that was diagonal from the couch. Kimberly walked over towards him and he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on his lap. Laura glared at the couple with hateful eyes and sat down on the couch with her arms and legs crossed. Kimberly couldn’t ignore the evil stares. “She’s going to kill me in my sleep,” she whispered in Nick’s ear.

He looked over and saw the sharp glares and he just shook his head in annoyance. He then looked back at his girlfriend and kissed her softly on the lips, “Don’t worry,” he whispered back. “She’ll learn to accept us sooner or later.”

She gave out a soft laugh, “Don’t count on that.”

Ronny threw in a DVD and sat next to Laura on the couch with his arm around her shoulder. He grabbed the remote and hit play.

“What movie is this?” She asked, finally releasing Kimberly from her glower.

“Fifty First Dates,” he answered. “Remember you told me you haven’t seen it yet.”

“You haven’t seen this?” Said Nick in a bit of surprise.

She looked at him and smiled, “Nope. It looks good though.”

“It’s really good.” He then looked at Kimberly, “You’ve seen it, right, Baby Angel?”

She nodded, “Yeah, it’s a good movie. I like Adam Sandler.”

“So how’d you guys meet?” Questioned Ronny, as the previews played, “Laura never told me that you were dating anyone, Kim.”

“Well there was that one guy Dave,” she said in a cold tone, glaring at her roommate.

“I kinda of asked her to keep us in the dark for a little bit,” replied Nick, as he returned the glare, which caused Laura to turn away.

“Why?” Laughed Ronny, “Embarrassed to be seen with her?” He then laughed again.

Kimberly felt Nick tense as he stared at Ronny with hard eyes, “No,” he hissed, through his teeth.

“I would be,” mumbled Laura.

Kimberly rolled her eyes at her roommate’s comment.

“I just wasn’t ready for the public to know just yet that’s all.”

“Public?” Questioned Ronny.

“That’s Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys,” Laura informed him.

Ronny’s eyes grew wide, “Really? Isn’t that the guy that was begging you for his number?” He then glared at the blonde man, “Couldn’t have Laura so you took her roommate?”

“Wait, what?!?” Demanded Nick, “First off she was all over me.” Laura could feel her heart race and Ronny stared at her and could see that Nick wasn’t lying, “I actually threw her number out when she gave to me,” he added, as glared at Laura.

Kimberly looked up at Nick in complete stun how he was calling her out and humiliating her. She was surprised. Laura’s brown eyes were filled with hurt, “Wow,” she mumbled.

Ronny took a deep breath, “Well….I guess that’s the past.” He stared at Laura for a few seconds, he was angry with her that she lied, but it was over a month ago.

She saw his glares and it made her feel uncomfortable. She shrunk down a bit, not believing that Nick ratted her out like that. “I’m sorry,” she mumbled. She then looked at her boyfriend, “I liked him…but trust me, I don’t anymore,” she said with a sharp edge to it as he eyes darted towards the blonde man.

Nick didn’t seem at all effected by her hard stare and was paying more attention to the girl on his lap. She would watch as his lips would occasionally go to her neck and how his fingers would wrap around hers. That should be her on his lap, not Kimberly!

“So what do you think of the movie so far?” Whispered Ronny, as he leaned against his girlfriend, after the first half hour of the movie. Her eyes were on the TV, but her mind was elsewhere.

She looked up at him, “Huh?”

He grinned, “Like it that much?”

Laura faked a smile, “Yes, it’s really good. Adam is a good actor.”

“I love Drew Barrymore,” said Kimberly, with a smile. “Someone once said I looked like her,” she added, with a giggle.

Laura contained rolling her eyes. “Who said that?”

She shrugged, “Just a customer at my old job.”

Nick shook his head, “I hate to break it to ya baby, but you don’t.”

Laura shook her head, “No, defiantly not.”

Nick shot her a hard glare as he heard the hostile in her voice once again. He then looked down at his girlfriend, “Drew has nothing on you. You’re hotter I think.”

Kimberly snickered, “Yeah, right.”

“Oh, please,” mumbled Laura.

Ronny looked at his girlfriend, “Are you okay? You seem uptight today.”

She looked back at him and faked a smile, “I’m fine. Just not feeling all that hot.”

Kimberly looked away from her roommate and to Nick. He brushed the loose strands of hair behind her ear and pulled her back into him. She still felt uneasy being around him with Laura being right there. She knew that she wanted to kill her; she was just waiting for the right opportunity…with no witnesses. Kimberly then stood up, “I’m gonna get a drink.” She turned to Nick, “Want anything?”

He grinned, “I do in fact.”

She laughed, “Something drinkable.” His grin grew wider, “Oh My God, Nick!” She gently smacked him on the shoulder.

He laughed, “Sorry but hey, you asked!”

“Budwiser?” She asked, with a curve to her lips.

Nick smiled and nodded, “That sounds good too…but I still rather the first option.”

Laura rolled her eyes, hating how affectionate he was towards her. She should be in Kimberly’s place; she should be the one getting told that Nick wanted to eat her in front of everyone…not her. What the hell did he even see in that girl in the first place? She wasn’t even that pretty. What could she possibly offer Nick that Laura couldn’t? She decided it was time to have a heart to heart chat with her roommate, “I’m thirsty too,” she said, standing up. She looked at Ronny, “Want anything?” She was hoping he would be just as seductive as Nick.

He shook his head, “No thanks, babe. I’m good.”

She silently groaned, “Okay then.” She then walked into the kitchen.

Kimberly sighed and looked at Nick. He took her hand and kissed the top of it, “It’ll be fine,” he whispered.

“If I’m not back in ten minutes, call the police.”

He softly chuckled, “I’ll send a search party.”

Kimberly then left for the kitchen. He thought she was kidding? Laura probably was waiting in there with a kitchen knife or something. She knew how pissed off she was, after all she thought that her and Nick broke up.

When she walked into the kitchen, she found Laura leaning against the counter with her arms folded tightly across her chest. Her face was stiff, “So I guess you guys go back together.”

“That’s what it looks like,” she softly answered, not looking at her. She went into the refrigerator and pulled out a can of Budwiser and a can of Sprite for herself.

Laura shook her head in disgust, “I can’t believe you, Kim. I really can’t.”

Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “Look, I’m sorry, Laura. I really am.” She placed the two cans on the counter and looked at her roommate, “I know you liked him, but I liked him too. And you don’t even know him…not the real him anyway. You just know what he does for a job; you don’t know the guy behind the Backstreet Boy.”

“Oh and you do?” She growled.

She laughed, “Yes! I’ve been seeing him over a month now and I really like him…no, I love him, Laura. He treats me good, he cares about me. And you want to know the best part? He’s the one that was chasing me; I never would have given him a glance, because I would feel he wouldn’t give me the time or day.”

“What the hell do you have that I don’t?” She said a little too loud.

Kimberly shrugged, “I don’t know, but he likes me because of something. Maybe it’s because I’m genuine and I don’t care about appearances as much as you do.”

“He dated fucking Paris Hilton; of course he cares about that shit.”

“Maybe he learned his lesson then. Look, I don’t know, Laura.” Her green eyes then narrowed, “Maybe it has to do with the fact that he doesn’t like you, because you lied. Telling him I was on a date, telling me that you went out with him just to hurt me!”

“Well, he should be with me, not you!” She spat.

Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “I’m sick and tired of this. He wants me, Laura, not you. You need to accept that…I don’t get to say this often, but…let’s just face it that I’ve won for once.” With that, she grabbed the two cans and walked back into the living room.

Laura’s face was fuming. Kimberly did not win, Nick was just blinded and she soon would help him see clearly again. Nick Carter would be hers; she just had to make him realize just what he had in front of him. She would win him over; Kimberly was going to be in for a harsh slap of reality. Laura would let her play pretend for a little bit longer, but in time Nick would be head over heels for her. Pretty soon he would be saying, Kimberly Who?


All through the rest of the movie, Laura’s eyes did not leave Kimberly and Nick. She would watch as he would whisper things into her ear causing her to giggle or make her blush. She tried to pay attention to the movie, but how could she? Nick Carter was sitting right there, not even five feet away from her! Ronny would occasionally glance over at his girlfriend and would see the jealousy flair in her eyes and it made him doubt what she said earlier about not liking Nick anymore. It pained him to see his girlfriend gazing at another man; he almost didn’t know how to control his own jealousy.

Kimberly yawned and rested herself back on Nick. His hands were rubbing up and down her bare arms. He looked at her, “Tired, Baby Angel?”

She shrugged, “A little.”

Each time Laura heard him call her that nickname is sent bolts of resentment through her body. She jumped as she felt Ronny’s hand go on top of her leg, “Are you okay?” He softly asked.

She looked at him and faked another smile, “Yeah, I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

He said this as calmly as he could, “Because you keep staring at them. What’s your deal?”

She looked at him surprised and yet alarmed as she could hear the gruff in his voice, “Nothing. I just think it’s disgusting how they’re acting. I mean isn’t that what a room is for?”

“Isn’t that what she said when she caught us on the couch and you snapped at her?” He asked, with a raised eyebrow, “Do you like him?”

Her brown eyes shot open and she could feel her heart pumping hard against her ribcage, “What? No!”

“Then stop gawking at them,” he ordered with authority. “The girl never gets any attention from guys; let her enjoy it while she can. I almost feel bad for her. It seems he actually likes her.”

“Ugh, how can he?” She meant to say more to herself.

Ronny’s blue eyes burned, “Jealous?”

“Not in the least.”

“Right,” he said, obviously not convinced.

She rolled her eyes at him, not caring what he thought. She stared at the couple again; she still couldn’t get over what Nick saw in her.

“Do you want me to stay or leave?” Nick asked his girlfriend.

Kimberly laughed, “Are you really asking me that?”

He grinned and shrugged, “It’s completely up to you. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable.”

Uncomfortable? Did that mean they did not have sex yet?!? Laura could feel relieve sweep over her. She shook her head in shame; the girl couldn’t even give it up to Nick Carter? Why the hell did he want a girl that wouldn’t please him if that were the case? She really was stupid.

She shook her head, “I’m not anymore.” She then smiled, “Plus Benny lives almost half an hour away.”

He smiled, “Okay, you talked me into it.”

She giggled, “Don’t I always?”

Laura couldn’t believe the way they were talking! She just wanted to badly to lash out, and scream at Nick for being so stupid. He wanted to expose all of Kimberly’s terrible flaws and show him what a real woman was. That a real woman would give it up to him, that a real woman would do anything for him. Not this petty little girl who knew nothing about any of that.

Ronny sighed, “I think I’m just gonna go since you’re obviously too busy staring at your roommate and her new boyfriend.”

She cringed at the word boyfriend. Ugh, Nick Carter really was her boyfriend. That was just too terrible to put together in a sentence. She quickly got a grip on reality when she felt Ronny stand up and tightly gripped onto his hand so he couldn’t leave, “No, don’t go!” She pleaded.

“Why?” He hissed, “You’re not even paying attention to me, all you are staring at is Kim and that guy. It’s starting to piss me off.”

Kimberly looked over and chewed on her lower lip. She felt bad; Ronny actually seemed like a decent guy and the way Laura was acting, it just wasn’t fair. She thought that he was a sleezeball a while ago, but now she could see he was actually okay. It made her sad the way she kept on eying Nick and her, it defiantly wasn’t fair to her boyfriend. She then stood up, “Come on Nick, let’s go into my room.”

He nodded and stood up as well, “Night, guys.” He looked at Ronny and could see the hateful glare he was shooting him, “It was uh, nice meeting you.” He then left for the staircase with Kimberly, not looking back once at the arguing couple.

“I’m sorry!” Laura cried looking up at her angry boyfriend’s face, “I just…I just can’t believe a guy wants to be with her that’s all.”

“A guy?” He questioned, “Or that guy?”

“Any guy in general!” Laura then stood up, “Baby, I don’t like Nick. You’re the one I like, you should know that.”

He shook his head, causing his curls to go in his blue eyes, “I just saw the way you were looking at him and then how you lied about him being all over you, when you were the one that was all over him!” His eyes grew tight as he remembered the lie that caused him to want to snap that blonde’s neck.

She sighed, “I know it was a stupid thing to lie about and I’m sorry.” Her brown eyes filled with apology, “I had a small crush on him…but what you and I have…” she wrapped her arms around him and pressed her full body against his, “Is no crush.”

He grinned, “Well, I would hope not.” Ronny bit on his lower lip, “How about you just show me how much you like me…how much you want me.”

Laura licked her lips and smirked, “With pleasure.”

She took hold of her boyfriend’s hand and led him to her bedroom, which was only down the hall from Kimberly’s. She glanced over to the door and saw that it was shut, jealousy flared inside of her. She was going to make Nick see how right she was for him, not her roommate. She was going to make him see…she didn’t know how or when, but she was made a pact with herself that it would be soon.
Jealousy by Cartersbitch
~Chapter 21



Kimberly sat down on the bed as Nick undressed down to his boxers. She was still a little shaken up. She just could not believe that Laura knew the truth now. She knew everything and yet there was nothing she could do to change Nick’s mind. She saw the way she was glaring at her, and she knew that Laura wanted nothing more than to rip her throat out. Jealousy was smeared all across her face. She knew that Nick was only touching her the way he was to piss Laura off. Kimberly loved how he would kiss her neck in a sexual motion to get a rise out of her roommate and the way his fingers ran down her arm. She truly thought that Laura was going to murder her in the kitchen. She was surprised herself how she stuck up for herself. How she told her that she won. She never thought that she would ever be saying those words to her. It felt so good.

Nick looked at his girlfriend and saw how lost in thought she was. He sat down next to her and took her hand in his, “Are you okay?”

His soft voice interrupted her thoughts and she looked at him and nodded. “Yeah, I’m just thinking…uh did you lock the door?” She then half smiled, “I don’t want Laura slicing my throat while I’m sleeping, you know.”

He gave a soft chuckle, “Baby Angel, you have nothing to worry about.” He then brought her hand to his lips and pressed them upon her knuckles, “She knows you’re the one I want. She’s not happy about it, but she’ll learn to accept it.”

Kimberly wasn't too sure about that, but she nodded anyway, “Yeah, I know you’re right.” She then wrapped her arms around his neck, “I love you,” she whispered.

He smiled at her, “I love you more.” Nick pulled out of the hug and pressed his lips against hers and she opened her mouth to his command and his tongue entered. He laid her down on her back and hovered over her as their kiss got more passionate. He gently nibbled on her lower lip and she let out a soft moan and her hands ran through his hair. His hands began to roam her body, gently gripping her breasts over her shirt. He let out a groan, “Baby Angel, why must you do this to me?”

She grinned, “Do what?”

“Yeah, like you don’t already know!” His mouth crashed back down onto hers, “You’re making me want you,” he murmured over her mouth.

“Is that bad?” She asked, as a curve formed around her lips.

He smirked, “Nope. But first we gotta get you out of these clothes.”

She laughed and lifted up her arms. He took that as an invitation and peeled the fabric from her body and onto the floor. He didn’t hesitate one moment and his fingers quickly snapped off her bra and tossed that to the floor too. She let out a small moan as his lips and tongue captured one of her nipples. With her other breast, he was tweaking her nipple with his two fingers; until it stuck out like a rose bud. His lips then captured that one. As his mouth was busy working her upper half, he snaked his fingers down to her hips and pulled down her pants and underwear. When they were down to her ankles, she kicked them to the floor. He loved how she was in his control. His mouth then departed from her breast and he left soft kisses down her chest and stomach. When he came across her womanly area, he spread her legs and made his kill and Kimberly cried in ecstasy as his tongue invaded her insides.



Ronny was laying on the bed in just his boxers, waiting for Laura to join him. “Baby, aren’t you gonna join your man, or what?”

She looked at him. Ronny wasn't her man, her man was in the other room with her roommate. His judgment was beyond clouded. She had to make him see clearly again, she had to make him see she was the one he was supposed to be with. Not Kimberly. She looked at him and nodded as she forced a smile to formed around her lips, “Yeah, I am.” She then put her hand to her throat, “But my throat is sooo dry. I’m gonna get a quick drink.”

“Again?” He asked, as he raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t you already have one in the kitchen with Kim?”

She shrugged, “I’m thirsty again.” She could see he wasn't convinced, so she crawled over to him on the bed and pressed her lips against his. “If I’m gonna be working my mouth on you, I want to make sure my throat is working good too.”

His smirk grew wide, “Okay, baby. Don’t take too long.”

“I won’t,” she said, as she kissed him once more.

She then got up and left the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. She then crept over towards Kimberly’s bedroom. She was sure that she would never give it up to Nick, which was why he needed a woman like her. She would make him so happy; he would question himself why he was even with that girl in the first place. She then heard moaning…it was Kimberly. She was becoming louder and louder. Laura took a deep breath and put her hand on the door knob, she couldn’t believe she was actually going to do this. She felt like such a peeping tom. Surprisingly it wasn’t locked. It turned a bit and she opened it a crack and her brown eyes shot open with disbelief. Soon jealousy began to take over and she could feel herself burning up with hate. Nick Carter’s face was right in between her legs. Kimberly then cried out loudly and her body then began to tremble. Nick pulled away and smirked. He then pulled down his boxers and Laura’s eyes grew even wider. Kimberly looked up at him and grinned as she took him in her hands. Before she could put her mouth on him, he gently pushed her back down. He didn’t want her to give him head? Why not? Maybe she was bad at it. Kimberly did look like the kind of person that didn’t have any idea how to do a thing right in that department. Another reason why he needed to leave her. Nick then went on top of her and inserted himself into her and he let out a loud groan. He held onto her body tight as he pumped inside of her. Envy was washing over Laura as he was holding her with love and care. The way he was looking into her eyes as he made love to her, but when she heard him say I love you, Baby Angel she thought she was going to lose it. She just wanted to jump in there and demand to know what Kimberly had that she didn’t. Laura closed the door behind her as quietly as she could and pressed her back against her. She could feel her emotions building up. She wanted to cry, but she fought the tears. She wasn’t going to allow herself. She knew Nick would be hers in time…she knew that he was just completely blinded…a lot more than she thought. A devious smile came across her face, she would make him jealous…very jealous.

Laura took a deep breath and then walked back into the bedroom and saw Ronny falling asleep. She quickly undressed until she was nude and rushed over to the bed. She jumped on it, causing him to bounce, his eyes quickly shot open and he glanced at his naked girlfriend. He half smiled, “Well, hey. Look who decided to come back.” He then got a good look at her and his half smile turned into a full out blown one, “What have we here?”

She smirked, “A horny girlfriend.”

Ronny sat up a bit and wrapped his arms around Laura and pulled her down on him. His mouth met with hers, “Anything I can do to help?”

She snickered, “I can think of a few things.”

His mouth met with hers again and as his tongue made its way inside, his hands groped her large breasts. She softly moaned over his lips as she felt his fingers lightly pinch her nipples. She closed her eyes as he laid her down on the bed and hovered on top of her. She felt his fingers slide down to her womanhood and she softly moaned as she felt them slide inside of her. Of course as he was pleasing her with his hand she was only thinking about one man. Unfortunately it wasn’t her boyfriend; it was the blonde one messing around in the other bedroom.

As she was thinking about Nick Carter being the one to touch her the way Ronny was, she didn’t notice him move and before she knew it, she felt him shove himself inside of her. She screamed loud as he entered her, at first he thought he hurt her. When he realized it was from pleasure he continued and began to thrust himself inside of her tight womanhood. Laura was doing her very best to be extra loud, she wanted Nick to hear her. Oh yeah, she wanted him to want to be the one making love to her. She wanted him to shoved Kimberly to the side and do everything in his power to woo her. Oh, how a girl could dream.



Kimberly heard the cries through the walls, she then looked back at Nick, whom had collapsed down next to her. Beads of sweat were slowly running down the side of his face, “I guess we’re not the only ones that got lucky.”

He looked at her and smiled, “Guess not.” He was still breathing heavy. He was being really forceful tonight, not that she minded. In fact it was probably the roughest sex they’ve ever had. The way Nick was pinning her down and slamming inside of her. Then the way his mouth crashed down onto hers and how aggressive his kisses were. The way his tongue raped hers. It sent her over the edge; she couldn’t even count how many times he had gotten her off just by the pace alone! “But I bet we had the most fun.”

Kimberly could feel her face flush and she nodded as a small curve formed around her face. She then gently bit on her lower lip and looked away. Nick laughed and pulled her into him. She rested her nude body against his. Her head laid down on his chest and she could feel his heartbeat loud and clear. His fingers locked into her hair and he gently massaged her sculpt. She felt his lips in her hair.

“So do you think Laura really will learn to accept us?”

She felt his fingers run down to her back and rub in a circular motion, “I do, baby. She knows there is no changing my mind. You’re the one I want and even though she isn’t happy about my choice, she know s there isn’t a damn thing she can do about it. So the only thing she can do is accept it.”

Kimberly looked up at him, “You don’t think she’ll try to woo you or something?”

He laughed, “No.” He cupped her face with both hands and pressed his lips onto hers, “Let’s face it, you got me and she doesn’t.”

She sighed, “I know. I’m just worried she’ll try to win you over or something.”

“That won’t happen,” he reassured her. “I promise. I love you Baby Angel, and only you.”

She smiled and squeezed him tight, “I love you too.” She gave him another squeeze, “So much,” she murmured as she laid back and rested her head back onto his chest.

Nick half smiled, “I love you more.”

He thought he heard a soft nuh-uh but he wasn’t sure. He knew he had worn the poor girl out. Hell, he even wore himself out! He grabbed the remote and turned it on. He wasn’t completely tired just yet. He could hear Kimberly softly breathing and knew that she was sound asleep. He was flicking through the channels until he found something good on.


Laura laid in the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Wishing how badly that fantasy she just had could have came true. She wished so badly it was Nick Carter that had just made love to her, not Ronny. She glanced over at him and saw that he looked smug. Sure, he should. They just had great sex. They usually did, but this time it was different. Only because she kept on thinking about another man….she thought about him constantly and just knowing he was in the next room was driving her mad!

“Baby, you never fail to please me,” said Ronny, breaking through her thoughts. He kissed her bare shoulder.

She looked at him and gave a smile, “Same to you, baby. You always know the right spots and everything.” She wondered if Nick knew the right spots. She wondered what his touch was like, how his tongue worked. She was asking herself such questions as Ronny had his way with her.

He yawned loudly, “Damn, babe. See what you do to me.” He grinned, “You use all up my energy.” He gave her a quick peck on the check before grabbing the blankets and pulling them over himself.

She shook her head in annoyance. He always did that. She hated how he would fall asleep right after they had sex. She wasn’t the cuddling type, but still it would have been nice once in a while. Her head shot up as she heard Kimberly’s bedroom door open. She looked over at her nearly passed out boyfriend and crept out of the bed. She opened her door a crack to take a peak outside and that was when she saw Nick. He was shirtless! She could feel her heart fluttering at his sight. His jeans were hanging from his hips and it made her wonder if he was even wearing any underwear. His hair was ruffled and he looked like he just had a wild night. Jealousy soon began to overpower her as she remembered what she witnessed a little over an hour ago. The way he pleased her roommate, how that should have been her in there. She quietly closed the door as he walked by and she heard his footsteps down the stairs. She got an idea and a smirk formed around her lips. She quickly grabbed her black thong and slipped it on, along with Ronny’s red T-shirt that was on the floor. It just reached her thighs. This was perfect; she was going to win that man over if it was the last thing she was going to do. She quickly glanced herself in the mirror and messed up her hair a bit. Oh yeah, she looked hot. There was absolutely no way he would be able to resist her. Not this time.


Nick walked in the kitchen and grabbed a can of beer from the refrigerator. He leaned against the counter and snapped it open and took a long sip. He could feel the cool liquid hydrate his throat. He felt relieved that Laura knew everything. That she knew that it was Kimberly that he wanted…but in a way that worried him. He was concerned that she would be even more cruel to her now. He wished that she would just leave this place and take his opportunity and stay with him at his house…Hell, even with Ashley. Sadness soon began to wash over him. He had never been happier, he loved being with Kimberly, she was his everything. He had never been so happy with a woman in such a long time. She made him feel so alive, she brought out the better side of him, but he couldn’t help but feel a little empty. He never thought the day would come when he would miss being a Backstreet Boy. He shook his head, he had to rid of those thoughts. He was the one that stepped out of it, he was the one that wanted this. So if that was the case, then why did he feel like part of him was missing? Should he talk to the guys and work things out? He knew he didn’t really want the band to break up, he just hated how they treated him like a child. Then AJ came to mind and Nick could feel anger wash over him. The way he spoke of Kimberly…how he hated her without even having a reason to! He knew there was no way he could go back. How could he? Look how they treated his girlfriend because she wasn’t a super model! He wouldn’t be able to go back until they learned to respect him and his choices….along with his girlfriend. She was a huge part of his life and he wasn’t going to let her go. He almost lost her once, he wasn’t going to let that happen again.

Nick heard someone coming and glanced up to see Laura walk in the kitchen only in a T-Shirt that only reached up to her thighs. He looked at her with eyes wide open. She saw the stunned look across his face and a small smirk formed around her lips. He quickly tired to suppress his facial expressions and took another sip of his beer. He needed to get away from there and go back into the safety of Kimberly’s bedroom.

“What are you doing up?” She kindly asked as she walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a can of Coke. She snapped it open and pranced over to the counter and jumped up on it, next to Nick; crossing her legs, which caused the shirt to lift up and her legs to be shown.

He wished he didn’t look to his side, because he saw her thong strap. He took a long sip of his beer; it was already almost empty now. “Just getting a drink,” he mumbled as he still had the can to his lips. He couldn’t deny that Laura was beautiful, because hell she was!

“Yeah, me too,” she said, with a curve around her lips. She looked at him and could feel her pulse racing as she stared at him. His blonde hair a mess and even in his eyes, God what she would do to have him. She would give him the world’s best orgasm. She would make him feel so good; he would just be in complete ecstasy. “Nick, I need to ask you something.”

“What?” He asked, as he looked up at her face. Her hair was a mess; she looked wild. Her brown eyes big like two chocolate milk duds. Man, all he wanted to do was leave and see Kimberly, he didn’t want to do anything he would regret.

“Do you not find me attractive?”

He looked up at her, “What?”

She then shrugged, “I mean you won’t even look my way. Do you think I’m ugly or something? Because most guys would kill to be with me.”

“I’m not like most guys,” he simply answered. “Looks can only get you so far.”

“And Kim has something that I don’t?” She asked, doubtful, “I mean, come on, Nick. Let’s be realistic. I could give you so much more.” Nick rolled his eyes and didn’t answer her. Instead he just drank the remainder of his beer. Laura bit on her lower lip and with the back of her hand she brushed it across his shoulder and up to his neck.

He shrugged her hand off him and he glared at her with sharp eyes, “You need to face it, I’m with her.”

She jumped off the counter and faced him, “Why?!?” She demanded, “I mean just look at her! You deserve better….you deserve me! I saw how you turned her down when she wanted to please you.” She wrinkled her nose, “I mean, not that I blame you, I bet she doesn’t even know how to touch you properly. But I would.” She ran her hands down his lower stomach and to his package, but he aggressively grabbed her wrists.

“You were watching us?!?” He growled, as his blue eyes turned dark, “How sick are you?”

The way his eyes turned so dark and how his lips trembled from anger it turned her on to such a degree. She loved the forcefulness as he held her wrists in his grasp, “I just need to know what I have to do to win you over…you belong with me, Nick. I’m so good for you.”

“You are everything but good for me! I’m going to say this so you can even understand….I. Don’t. Like. You. Now get out of my face.” He released her wrists and was put his hands on the counter to push himself away, but Laura held her ground. “Could you move?” He snarled.

She shook her head in pity, “In such denial. It makes me sad.”

Nick’s eyes narrowed as he stared down at her, “You know what makes me sad? You throwing yourself at me like some pathetic whore. I don’t want you, I would never want you. You think just because you have a good body and pretty face it’s going to get guys to notice you?” He saw the smirk across her face from his words, “Well, you’re wrong. The only thing they’ll want is to fuck you and that’s it. They will treat you like a worthless piece of trash because that’s how you come off. You want to know what Kim has that you don’t? Class.”

Laura’s eyes grew large as his words stung, “I-I have class…”

“Oh really?” Nick raised an eyebrow, “Then why are you down here in only a shirt and thong? You have a boyfriend upstairs that actually cares about you.” He shook his head in disgust, “You need to look up the word class.” Nick’s eyes turned dark as he said, “You shouldn’t be trying to hit on your roommate’s boyfriend.”

Laura’s eyes grew wide with astonishment. This was not supposed to happen. Nick was supposed to see her and be stuck by her beauty. Seeing her only in a shirt and thong was supposed to make him crazy in love with her. He was supposed to want her like he had never wanted a woman before. She then realized he was still blinded. Kimberly had him under some sort of delusion that he was in love with her…maybe he was starting to believe it. No, she had to be the one to set him free. She knew that he was supposed to be hers; Nick was supposed to be with a beautiful girl…not someone like Kimberly. They would win this war. She would be his savior.

“She shouldn’t be with you.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “Get out of my way.”

“I think you need a little persuading,” she said, with a sly grin.

“Excuse me?”

She grinned and before he could react she pressed her curvy body against his and slammed her lips onto his. Oh how she’s wanted to feel them on hers for the longest time. Her hand slowly made its way down to his crotch and she gripped lightly on his member. Suddenly he shoved her away with force and she slid across the floor.

“You fucking bitch!” He hissed, “What did I tell you?!? I don’t want you. If Kim ever saw that…I don’t even want to think of the outcome!”

“What the fuck is going on here?!?” Growled Ronny.

Laura jerk her head up and she saw her boyfriend and suddenly her eyes filled with tears, “Did you see what he just did to me, Ronny?!? He threw me on the floor!”

Ronny’s eyes turned dark as he stared at Nick with anger and he charged at him, “You threw my girlfriend on the floor?!? Are you that upset that she turned you down and wanted me instead of your pathetic ass and now all you have is Kim?!?” Rage poured into his fuming words as they shot out like fire.

Nick’s blue eyes turned as dark as the deepest ocean, “What did you just say?!?” He was now inches from a fuming Ronny, “Your little whore couldn’t keep her hands off me. I did what I had to do before she could put her hands down my pants.”

Ronny turned to Laura with sharp eyes, “Is this true?!?” He hissed.

“What?” She cried, “NO!”

“You fucking liar!” Roared Nick. He then looked at Ronny with dark eyes, “And what the fuck are you trying to imply about Kim? All I have is her?”

Ronny laughed, “Look at her and then look at my girlfriend.”

“Yeah…Kim isn’t a fucking whore!”

Ronny could feel his breathing increasing and then without warning he lunged himself at Nick. Nick wasn’t expecting that and got the edge of the counter slammed into his back. Laura couldn’t believe the way Ronny was fighting for her like that. All because Nick called her a whore. Maybe she should give him another chance…but still Nick had something she wanted. She loved knowing that they were fighting because of her…it turned her on to the maximum



Kimberly woke up as she heard commotion coming from the downstairs. She then heard yelling and her heart went into her throat. She quickly jumped out of the bed and grabbed some sweat pants and a large shirt on the floor, that was way too big for her. She soon realized that it was Nick’s. She didn’t care, she then ran out of the bedroom and raced down the stairs to see Ronny and Nick fighting!!! Laura was there looking amused and laughing a bit. Her arms were crossed across her chest as she watched the two men going at it like two vicious pitbulls in a fighting ring. Her grew eyes shot open and she ran over towards the fighting men, “Stop fighting!” She shrieked.

Ronny had Nick against the counter and had him cornered. There was no way he would be able to get away from the angle and Ronny took advantage of that. Nick had a split lip and a small patch of grey forming around his eye. Ronny too had a bloody lip and a large bruise forming around his cheek.

Ronny glared at Nick before releasing him and walked away over to Laura. Kimberly quickly ran over to Nick and put her hands up to his swelled face. Anger then began to get the best of her.

“You fucking prick!” She yelled, “What the fuck gave you the right to put your hands on him?” She could feel the rage rising up inside of her, “Get the fuck out of my apartment!!!”

Nick shook his head at her, “Kim, don’t.”

She looked at him appalled, “What? No. I don’t want that jerkoff in my home.”

“It’s my place too, Kim!” Shot Laura, “And I say he stays,” she said, with a satisfied smirk.

“And when’s the last time you paid?!?” She hissed, Laura just glared at her, saying nothing. Kimberly then looked back at Ronny, “Now get the fuck out of here you asshole!”

“Asshole!” He repeated with a hard voice. He then stormed over towards her until he was only inches away from her face. Fear began to fill up inside of her as this large man looked like he was about to rip her face off, “If you want to call anyone an asshole then call your precious boyfriend one!” He barked.

Nick saw the alarm in her face and he jumped over and pushed him away from her, “Get the fuck away from her! Now get out of here.”

“Why? So you can try to get with Laura again? Or beat her because she doesn’t give in? You fucking worthless piece of trash.”

Kimberly looked at Nick with her watering green eyes, “Wh-what?” She shoved away from him and she shook her head at him in disgust. Has her nightmare come true, “How could you?!?”

Nick looked at her with his jaw hanging open. No, this was Laura’s plan; she wanted everyone to turn on him. She wanted Kimberly to break up with him…he couldn’t let this happen! “Kim, I swear to you I never did anything to Laura. She came onto me!!! Ronny came in when I pushed her off of me, because she tied sliding her hand down my pants! You gotta believe me, Baby Angel! I love you and would never do that to you.”

Kimberly just walked away and he franticly ran his hands through his hair. Fear was overcoming him; was she going to leave him over a lie? He had to make her see that Laura lied….Laura wanted them to split up. He looked at her whom had a grin upon her face. She looked far too satisfied and if he didn’t believe in hitting woman, she would be on the ground right now with a hand mark across her face. He then saw Kimberly walk up over to Laura and she stared at her for a long moment before slapping her hard across the face. Everyone looked at her in complete shock…especially Laura. Ronny was confused.

“YOU FUCKING BITCH!” Shouted Kimberly, “Nick doesn’t want you, he’ll never want you! Why can’t you accept that he wants me?!?”

“BECAUSE LOOK AT YOU!” She yelled back. Suddenly her heart went into her throat as she looked at Ronny. She didn’t mean to say that…not while he was there. “Ron-Ronny, I didn’t mean – ”

He threw his hands up in defense. He then looked at Nick, “Sorry, man.”

Nick shrugged, “It’s cool…I would have done the same thing if I saw someone shove my girl on the floor too.”

Ronny then left, saying nothing.

“Ronny!” Cried Laura as she chased after him.

Kimberly then walked over towards Nick and wrapped her arms around him tightly, “I knew she was going to try something,” she mumbled as her forehead was pressed against his chest.

Nick’s hand was rubbing up and down her back, “I was so scared you actually believed her.”

She looked up at him and shook her head, “At first I was unsure because Laura is so pretty…but I then thought about how much you love me and I know you’d never do that to me. I love you so much, Nick.” With her arms that were wrapped around his waist, she gave him a little squeeze, “I’m so glad that I met you.”

He smiled, “Same here, Baby Angel.” He then brought his mouth to hers and their lips connected. His hand softly held onto her chin as his tongue invaded the inside of her mouth. When they pulled away, Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “What’s wrong?” He softly asked, as he brushed her snarled hair from her face.

She looked up at him with her moist green eyes, “I don’t want to live here anymore…”

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her. His chin just barely touching the top of her head, “I know, Baby Angel. I don’t want you to either.”

“I can’t live with her anymore…I just can’t.”

Nick looked at her intently, “What are you saying?”

She took a deep breath as she said, “How far is your place from here?”

He smiled wide, “A few hours…want to go there?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, “Is it too late to drive that far?”

He shook his head, “Nothing’s too late for you.” He grabbed onto her hand, “Come on, I’ll help you pack.”

She laughed as he pulled her up the stairs, he was so eager to get her out of that apartment.



“Ronny!” Cried Laura as she tried to run over towards him, but he didn’t answer her or turn around. When he was at the door she reached him and grabbed onto his arm, “Ronny, please!”

“What?!?” He snapped as he glared at her with furious eyes.

“I-I think I should explain.” She could feel her stomach tie in knots. The way Ronny was staring at her scared her. Was he going to leave her now?

“Explain what exactly?” He demanded, “How you lied to me about Nick coming onto you? I almost beat the shit out of him for you!”

Laura could feel her stomach jump from the butterflies tickling inside of her. She loved how he was willing to do that too. She never had anyone that would have done that for her. She smiled at him, hoping this was an easy fix, “I know, Ronny. You have no idea how much that means to me.”

“Apparently not enough,” he bitterly said.

“No, it is!”

He shook his head, “You’ve been after Nick all along…everything you said to me was a lie. He wanted Kim and it drove you mad with jealousy. You even tried to seduce him when I was asleep in your bed!” He let out a loud sigh, “You really are a whore. Everyone was right about you. I even defended you when my friends told me you’d spread your legs to the snap of anyone’s fingers. I told them they were wrong…but now…now I can see they were right and I was the fool.”

Her brown eyes began to fill with tears, “Wh-what are you saying?”

“I’m saying goodbye, Laura. I don’t want to be played and you played me. I want nothing more to do with you.”

“But…but, Ronny!” She cried, “I love you.”

He laughed, “You don’t even know the meaning of the word.” He turned his back to her and opened up the door. Before he walked out he turned to her one last time, “Do me a favor and lose my number.” He then left.

Laura could feel tears rolling down her cheeks. What had she just done? She lost the only man that would put up with her…that actually loved her. Why? All because of her stupid infatuation with Nick Carter! She heard thumping down the stairs and turned her head to see Nick caring a large suitcase in his hand and Kimberly had a smaller one. She raised an eyebrow, “Where are you going?” She demanded.

“Moving out,” answered Kimberly in a bleak tone.

Laura’s brown eyes shot open, “What?!? Why the hell would you do that? We’re on a lease, Kim!”

“Why do you think?” She hissed, “I can’t live with you anymore, I can’t deal with you putting me down…trying to get with my boyfriend!”

“How do you expect me to afford this place!”

“Try getting a job,” shot Nick.

“I have a job thank you very much.” Although, she was lying. She didn’t, she was struggling enough as it was. Kimberly was her only source of income. Without her, she’d be kicked out onto the streets.

“And how’s that working out for you?” Questioned Kimberly, “For the past I don’t know how many months I’ve busted my ass to pay for this place…pay for your share! Well karama has come to bite you in the ass, because I’m leaving.”

“You can’t do this to me!” She cried, “I-I can’t survive on my own.”

“Maybe you should have thought about that before you stabbed me in the back.”

Tears began to roll down Laura’s cheeks once again, “Kim, please. I’m begging you. If you leave, I’ll have no way to pay rent. I have no one.” She began to softly sob.

Nick saw the look in Kimberly’s eyes and knew she was going to cave. No, he wouldn’t let her. He quickly pulled out his wallet and his credit card, “Here,” he said, holding the blue plastic card.

Both Laura and Kimberly’s eyes shot open. Laura hesitantly took it, “You’re going to help me?”

He shook his head, “No, I’m going to help her. I don’t want her spending another minute here with you, but Kim unlike you has a heart. She’ll cave to help you. There’s about ten grand on that. I swear to you, if I find out you use that for more than paying rent, I’ll cancel it. Got that?”

She nodded, “Thank…thank you, Nick.”

She went to hug him, but he held out his hand, “Don’t touch me.” Rejection washed over her as she heard the cold tone in his voice. He then looked at Kimberly, “Come on Baby Angel, let’s get out of here.”

She smiled and nodded. She looked at her roommate one last time, “Goodbye, Laura. Good luck with everything.” She then left the apartment. Nick shot her a hard glare before leaving with his girlfriend.

Kimberly sat in the car as Nick got in on the driver’s side. He had put both the suitcases in the back. He looked at her, “So you ready to do this?”

She nodded and smiled wide. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around him. She gently brushed her lips against his, “I have never been more ready.”

He smiled and put the key in the ignition and drove out of the driveway. Kimberly had never felt happier than she did at that moment…finally she was free of Laura Longhouse. No more bad thoughts in her head, she no longer would feel she had to be something she wasn’t to impress anyone. For the first time she was happy to be just average.
Time To Take Action by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 22 ~



Kevin ran his hand across his face as he sat on the red leather couch. Howie was sitting on the other side of the room. He was on the phone with what it seemed his wife. AJ was out with some girl he met at a club a few nights ago. Brian was with Leighanne. Why were they even in this damn hotel?!? It was useless, they all should be in their homes, the tour was over, the band was over. There was nothing left to do…except do the hardest thing they have ever done in their whole career. Tell the fans that the Backstreet Boys have broken up. No! Kevin just wouldn’t accept that. There had to be some way to fix this mess. Nick had to be reasoned with. The only reason he wasn’t in the group anymore was because the other guys…AJ mainly was attacking his girlfriend and Nick felt like he was protecting her by leaving. Kevin could feel annoyance and anger build up inside of him as he thought about that. Was he really that stupid?!? Did he want to lose everything all because of one girl? His thoughts were torn when he heard Howie’s voice, and they were towards him.

Kevin looked at him with his tired eyes, “What?”

“I said,” he repeated as he sat down on the couch next to his band mate. “That Leigh is in Cali helping her mom with stuff and doesn’t know when she’ll be back.” He then looked at Kevin with serious eyes, “So what’s going on? When are we gonna tell management that the band is over?”

Kevin looked at him a little surprised. Howie was always the one fighting to fix things between the band members. He was the peacemaker. Suddenly he was just giving up, “So you’re just gonna give up just like that?”

Howie looked at him confused, “What are you talking about? Nick left the band, without him there is no more Backstreet Boys. You know that…hell, I even know that and it’s hard for me to even accept. We can’t just keep on milking that Nick is sick. Sooner or later the fans are gonna catch on…they always do.”

Kevin sat up a bit and leaned forward. He ran his hands through his spiked dark brown hair and looked at Howie, “I’ve been thinking about something. Nick is just…in a bad place right now. We gotta help him out of it.”

Howie cocked one of his brown eyebrows, “In a bad place?” He questioned, “He’s with a girl who he claims he loves! He’s probably the happiest he’s ever been. When’s the last time you saw him defend someone like that?”

Kevin knew that he was probably right, but he couldn't give up. Not when they had so many years together. They can't end...not like this. Not with so much tension. Nick was his little brother, he didn't want to lose him, “We just gotta get him to talk to us. I think if we all talked about this calmly and like adults we’ll be able to get through to him. I mean come on, do you really think this girl wants him to throw his whole life away? If she really loved him?”

Howie sighed, “Yeah you’re right, but he won’t talk to us! He’s been ignoring our calls for the past what…month! There’s no way in hell he’d even get in the same room with us.”

Suddenly Kevin had a devious look come into his eyes, “I’ve been thinking about this for a few days now. I think we have a talk with Angel. If anyone can get through to him it’s her. Maybe we can arrange to meet a place that Nick’s at? That way there’s no way he can get away from us and we can talk about everything…and I think if his girlfriend is there, it’ll be harder for him to leave. She’ll want him to talk to us…I hope.”

Howie nodded, “That is a good idea, but what about AJ? He doesn’t like her very much. If he so much as looks at her wrong Nick will jump all over his ass. What we gonna do about that?”

“I’ll talk to AJ,” answered Kevin in a firm tone. “He will not step out of line this time. All our careers are in the line! Including his.”

Howie took a deep breath, “Okay…well when do you want to do this?”

“As soon as we possibly can.” Kevin then took out his phone and scrolled through the names and then when it landed on the name he wanted, he clicked it. “Hey Angel, it’s Kevin…listen I gotta talk to you, it’s really important. It’s about your brother. Is there anyway we can meet up…” he sighed into the phone, “I know, but I want to work things out with him…you know as well as I do he can’t just leave the Backstreet Boys because of some girl, he can’t make it solo…I’m not trying to make him choose between him or his new girl…please Angel, I’m asking you as a friend. I need your help….thank you. Okay, I’ll meet you there in a few hours. Bye.” Kevin then hung up the phone and looked at Howie who was looking at him with anxious eyes, “Well, it’s all set.”

“What happened?!?” He demanded.

Kevin looked at Howie with a relieved looked, “Angel said we can meet her up at her place around six.” He glanced at the clock, “It’s two now. Angel wants what’s best for Nick, she loves him. She even told me she knows he’s going to regret leaving the group. But she’s worried that we’re gonna make him choose Kim over us. Nick is crazy about the girl…probably more than even we realize.”

“Well…if she does love him, she’ll want what’s best for him. I doubt she’ll want him to be bagging groceries for the rest of his life. Being a Backstreet Boy is all he has.”

Kevin nodded, “I know.”

“Do you think…do you think we should tell Brian?”

He shook his head, “No. I don’t want Brian or AJ knowing. AJ will fuck it all up…you know how he is.”

Howie nodded, “I know, he’s just upset. He doesn’t know how to deal with this. He loves Nick, and I think he’s just scared…he just doesn’t know how to show it. He knows he fucked up big time with him. He knows he’s the reason why Nick left.”

“We’ll tell him after we talk to Angel and set something up, but for now we just gotta keep it on the down low.”

“Okay. So what do you want to do in the meantime?” He wondered.

Kevin looked at his watch, “Kristin wants to meet for lunch in half an hour, so I gotta do that.”

“Okay, don’t be late! Angel lives like an hour away.”

“I know. Don’t worry, I’ll be back in time,” he reassured his band mate. “Well, I’m gonna get ready. See ya in a bit.”

Howie nodded, “Okay.”

“And remember, do not say anything to AJ, you got that?”

“Yeah, I won’t say anything,” he promised.

“Okay, good.” With that said, Kevin left the hotel room to meet with his wife.



Kimberly woke up to feeling Nick’s arms cradling her. She didn’t even know what time they got in last night, all she knew was that it was late. She couldn’t hide the smile that stretched out across her face. She felt like she was sleeping on a cloud. The king sized bed she was laying on didn’t even feel like a mattress; just a big, soft cotton ball. She could feel her stomach flip as she thought about what had happened last night. She was finally free from Laura. She actually stood up to her…with Nick’s help of course. He really was her rock. Without him she knew she would still be getting verbally abused by her roommate. She would still feel lower than low, but Nick came. He saved her. He was her hero.

She heard Nick make a soft groan and a few seconds later he opened his eyes. He turned his head so that he was looking at her and he grinned, “Morning, Baby Angel,” he mumbled.

She smiled, “Morning.”

“How’d you sleep?”

“Oh My God. Soooo good! I love your bed.”

He snorted, “Good.” He pulled her into him, “You may love the bed, but I love you.”

She laughed and shook her head, “You’re lucky you’re so cute.”

He cocked an eyebrow, “Oh yeah? Why’s that?”

“Because you’re so corny.”

“What, you don’t like that?” He asked, as crawled on top of her.

She giggled, “Well…I never said that.”

He smirked and his lips went onto hers, “I’m so glad you decided to stay with me.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, “Me too.”

Nick then got off of her and sat up, “So are you in the mood for breakfast?”

Kimberly glanced over at the clock and laughed, “Breakfast? More like lunch. Shit, it’s nearly two-thirty! I never sleep that long!!! Ugh!” She threw her back against the cloud like mattress, which caused her to bounce a bit.

Nick looked at her and laughed, “What’s so wrong with that?”

“That means I’m gonna be soo lazy today and want to do nothing but stay in bed,” she answered, with a half smile.

Nick grinned and repeated, “And what’s so wrong with that?” He crawled behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and planted a sweet kiss on her neck, “Not like you have anywhere to be…except in my arms.”

She could feel her face glowing, “Mmm, you may be onto something, Carter.”

“I think I am,” he huskily whispered into her ear, as he nibbled on her earlobe. Kimberly could feel her heart rate pick up and chills running down her spine. She felt Nick’s hands slide inside the large T-shirt she was wearing. He grabbed the hem of it and pulled it over her head and tossed it onto the floor, “As much as I love when you wear my clothes, they look so much better on the floor.” He couldn’t hide the smirk as he saw she didn’t bother putting on a bar. He laid her down on the bed and hovered over her body and crashed his mouth down onto her. As his mouth was working with hers, his fingers slid inside the thin straps of her panties and slid them down her legs. When they were to her calves, she kicked them to the floor.

“I think you’re right,” she said, when her mouth parted from his. “Nothing is wrong with staying in bed all day.”

“Nope, nothing at all,” he answered, with a sly grin. He quickly pulled down his boxers and kicked them off onto the floor. He then grabbed onto Kimberly’s legs and she grinned when she saw how forceful he was being. He had her wrap them around his waist as he positioned himself right in between, “I love when you look at me like that,” he said, with a devious smirk.

Kimberly grinned, “What look?”

“Your bedroom eyes.” He chewed on his bottom lip, “How you’re looking at me like you want me to do everything to you.”

She flashed a bright smile, “Well baby, I do want you to do everything to me.”

“Mmm,” he groaned. “Well, your wish is my command.”

With that said, Nick plunged himself into Kimberly’s core. She let out a cry as he entered her. Nick then grabbed onto her hips as her legs were still locked around him and began to thrust into her with everything inside of him. Loud grunts were escaping him as he felt her tight walls closing in on his member. He then dropped her hips and hovered over her once again; her legs still securely around him. He pressed his lips onto hers.

“I love you,” he breathed over her mouth.

“I..love…you too,” she moaned.

He smiled and held her tight as he continued to make love to her.



Both Howie and Kevin pulled into the driveway of the large brick house. He turned off the car and looked at Howie, “Ready?”

He nodded, “What are we going to say to her?”

“Just let me do the talking.”

They both then got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Kevin rang the door bell and a few seconds later Benny opened the door. He stared at them for a moment before allowing them inside. Howie could feel his stomach tie into a knot. He followed Kevin’s lead. They both sat down on the couch in the living room. Benny sat down on the blue love seat with his eyes glued to the two like they were some sort of disease. Kevin could see how uncomfortable it was making Howie and he almost snapped and asked this guy what was his problem. Thankfully for him, Angel walked in and sat down on the love seat next to her boyfriend.

Kevin smiled when he saw her, “Hey, Angel. Thanks for having us.”

“Well, this does involve my brother and I want what’s best for him.”

“Us too,” he agreed. “Nick is like my kid brother and I feel like we need to look out for him.” He then let out a sigh, “I’m just worried he’s throwing away his life and doesn’t realize it.”

Benny glared at Kevin, “Wait, hold up. So why do you think he’s throwing his life away now? Because of whom he’s with or because there is no Backstreet Boys without him?” He shook his head in annoyance, “You’re not doing this because of Nick, you’re doing this because of yourselves. The Backstreet Boys are nothing without him and you’re freaked the fuck out.”

Kevin and Howie both looked at him in appall, “What?!?” Growled Kevin in outrage, “Nick barely finished high school. Without the band he has nothing to fall back on!”

Angel was staring at Benny in disbelief, “Baby, how can you even say that? Kevin and Howie have been there for Nick since he was just a kid.”

Howie glared at Benny, “Yeah, you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Oh no?” Benny stood up, “So this has nothing to do with Kim? The kid is finally happy with someone and you’re pissed off because she’s not a fucking super model.”

Kevin looked at him infuriated, “What?!?” He jumped up to his feet, “What are you implying?”

“Come on! Nick told me and Angel everything. He feels you guys are treating her like shit because she isn’t walking on a runway or something. I bet if you were nicer to her and accepted her into your little circle Nick would come back. But the way you treat her pisses him off…it would piss me off too!”

“You’re confusing us with AJ,” Howie interrupted. “We never had a problem with the girl. It was his lack of good judgment. He ditched us to see her, he skipped out on a meeting and bailed on a photoshoot. So yeah, we’re pissed off that he rather drop all his duties to see her. But we’re not angry because he’s seeing her, we’re mad at what he’s doing because of her!”

Angel stood up and walked over to her boyfriend and put her hand on his arm, “Let’s hear them out. I don’t want Nick to jeopardize his career because of a misunderstanding. Please?” He sighed and sat back down on the couch. Angel sat down next to him, “So what do you guys want us to do to help?”

“Nick will listen to you,” began Kevin, as he sat back down on the sofa. “We just need to get all of us together at one place. I know if we invite him he’ll decline.”

“Maybe we can say we’re gonna go on a double date,” suggested Benny, whom sounded everything but enthused about this idea.

“Ooh!” Squealed Angel, “That’s a good idea. Maybe if Kim was there with him and the other guys, Nick will see that they don’t hate her. Nick has this idea that you’re out to get her because of her appearance. Prove him wrong.”

Howie looked at Kevin concerned and Benny caught that, “What’s with the look?”

“Uh…it’s AJ,” answered Howie.

“What about him?” Questioned Angel.

Kevin let out a loud sigh, “I think he is the main reason why Nick left.” He then looked up at Angel, “He was always taunting Nick about his girlfriend, saying that he could do better. That she basically wasn’t attractive enough to be seen with him.”

“He even once asked if he had to put a paper bag over her head when they were having sex,” said Howie in a shameful voice.

Angel’s brown eyes shot open, “Oh My God! What an asshole. Nick came over that day when you guys did that interview and said that he said stuff about her on live TV, but at first I thought he was maybe…exaggerating a bit.”

Howie shook his head, “No, I wish.” He then shrugged, “I don’t know why he has such a hate towards this girl.”

“So if Kim is there with Nick when all the other guys are in the same place, is AJ gonna say vicious things to her?” Demanded Benny.

Both Kevin and Howie and looked at each other. Kevin then looked at Benny and honestly said, “I don’t know.”

“Talk to him,” ordered Angel. “Tell him if he wants the band back together then he has to accept that Kim is a big part of Nick’s life. He loves her…I mean really loves her. If AJ makes him choose between her and you guys, I can honestly say that he’s gonna choose her.”

Howie nodded, “I know.”

Benny’s watch began to beep and he sighed, “Well, I gotta get to work.” He gave Angel a soft kiss before getting up, “Thanks for coming over.” He then left and headed towards work.

“What does he have against us?” Asked Kevin.

“He doesn’t like when someone makes judgments on a girl like how apparently AJ is doing with Kim. I met Kim and she is really a nice person. I think he thought you guys were in on not wanting Nick to date her because of her appearance.”

“She’s not ugly,” said Howie. “So I don’t know why Nick thinks we think she’s this hideous person.”

“Maybe AJ corrupted his mind?” Thought Angel, “So now he think all you guys are in on it too.”

“So what’s the plan?” Asked Howie.

“Well you guys gotta talk to AJ about getting his ass in gear and leave Nick and Kim up to me. We’ll go out tomorrow night. I’ll call you with the details.”

Kevin smiled, “Thank you so much, Angel.” He then stood up, “Come on Howie, we gotta talk to AJ.”

“Angel, you are a life savor!” Said Howie with a wide smile.

She smiled, “I try. See you guys tomorrow.”

Kevin and Howie then left and Angel ran a hand through her hair. She prayed this worked. She didn’t want Nick to stop doing something he loved because of Kimberly. She knew she wasn’t to blame, but she hated how protective Nick was of her. He couldn’t give up his passion, not for one girl. Not because AJ was shallow as hell. They had to look past this. AJ had to learn to accept Nick’s girlfriend and Nick had to learn to accept not everyone was going to like her. But still, no one deserved to be put through that kind of torture what AJ was doing to the poor girl. She understood where her brother was coming from and she admired him for that…but still, this was his life that he was gambling. She couldn’t see him doing anything other than singing; it was his life it was who he was. Being a Backstreet Boy was something he had to be to open more doors of opportunity for him. How was she going to pull this off? How was she going to get the band together again? She prayed Howie and Kevin had more of an idea than her.
The Real Reason by Cartersbitch
Author's Notes:
Hey guys! Sorry I've been outta the loop for so long! I hope you enjoy the chapter and I'm hoping to work on the next one veryyy soon!
~Chapter 23~



The next day, Kimberly woke up to feeling something tickling her face. She opened her eyes and saw a red rose laying down next to her, pressing against her cheek. She felt a smile stretch out across her face. She sat up and took the long stem rose and smelt the sent it set off. She could feel butterflies fluttering madly inside her stomach. She got off the bed and slipped on some underwear along with a long red band T-shit that went right to her thighs. It obviously belonged to Nick. She loved wearing his clothes; she loved how they smelt like him. She walked down the stairs with the rose in her hand. He was on the phone and at the kitchen table. He felt arms wrap around him from behind. He looked up and smiled at his girlfriend when he got a good look at what she was wearing.

“Hang on a sec, Ang.” He put the phone down for a second to give Kimberly a sweet kiss, “Morning, Baby Angel.”

She smiled shyly when she pulled away, “Thank you for the rose,” she whispered over his lips.

He smiled when he saw the flicker in her eyes, “I thought you might like that.”

The smile had not left her face and she kissed him again, but this time added a little tongue. Teasing his as it flicked the tip, “I love you.” She then pulled away and put the rose to her nose to inhale the scent.

Nick loved seeing how happy she was….all from a single rose. He then put the phone back up to his ear, “Sorry about that….what? Yeah, you heard her.” He nodded, “Yes, she’s living with me now…well I had to get her out of that horrible place! You should have seen the way that whore of a roommate came onto me.” He shook his head as he remembered the kitchen incident. He listened to Angel’s reasoning why this may be a bad idea, “Look Angel, I love her.” Kimberly glanced at Nick and smiled shyly once more as she put the rose in a vase filled with water. He smiled back, “So why is it that you called…double date…when…tonight…uh, I don’t know.” He looked up at his girlfriend, “Angel wants to know if you want to double date with her and Benny tonight.”

Kimberly smiled, “Yeah. You know I love doing things like that. I like them.”

“Okay sis, looks like we’re in. Where at…okay, what time….around six? Alright, see ya then.” He then hung up the phone and tossed it onto the table. He then ran his hands over his face, “I swear that girl is going to be the death of me.”

Kimberly snickered as she walked over towards her boyfriend. She leaned against the marble table and ran her hand through his hair, “She just cares about you. You’re lucky to have someone like that.”

Nick looked up at her and smiled, “Yeah, I am….but I think I’m more lucky because I have you.”

She laughed, “You’re so corny.”

Nick grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down on his lap, “But you love it.”

She grinned, “Guilty as charged. So she wants to go out at six? I’m gonna need to find something nice to wear.”

Nick glanced at the clock on white wall and saw it was quarter of one, “We still have time.”

“Good. I’m gonna need it to go through all my clothes. I wanna make sure I look nice. Where are we going?”

Nick tightened his arms around her waist, “Baby Angel, you know anything you wear, you always look good.” He softly kissed his lips, “She wants to go to this pub that she likes.”

Kimberly smirked and wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him close, “I love you,” she murmured. “You always make me feel so pretty…even when I look like shit,” she said, with a small laugh.

“You never look like shit,” he reassured her.

She laughed, “Okay Carter,” she said, putting her hand on his chest and pushed herself away from him. “Lying isn’t very nice,” she told him, in a teasing voice.

“I swear, I’m not!” He promised. He rubbed her left cheek with the back of his hand, “Look at you. Your hair is wild and you have that grr look…baby, you can’t get any hotter than that. And best part, it’s all natural. No makeup, no fake shit in your hair…face it Baby Angel, you’re beautiful and that’s the truth.”

Kimberly just shook her head at her boyfriend, “You’re crazy. Well, I need to shower…” she paused and a sly smile formed around her lips, “Wanna join me?”

Nick smiled wide, showing all his teeth, “Must you ask?”

She giggled and ran towards the bathroom, Nick was at her heels, chasing her. Once they got into the bathroom, he shut the door behind him and pressed Kimberly against the wooden frame. His mouth crashed down onto hers and his hands cupped her breasts over the shirt.

“I don’t believe this is showering,” she giggled over his lips.

“What, you’re not wet?” He asked with a grin.

She hit his arm, “God, Nick.” She shook her head, trying to fight the smile that was forming around her mouth. She stripped off her shirt and pulled down her panties and walked over towards the shower and set the water. She felt Nick’s arms wrap around her body and his lips went onto her bare shoulder. She grinned and turned her head and saw him looking smug, “What’s that look for?”

“What look?” He asked with the same smile.

Kimberly just softly laughed and went to step into the shower, but before doing so, she glanced back at her boyfriend and smiled, “You coming?”

Nick smirked and within a moment he jumped in the shower with her. Moments later the bathroom then was filled with soft giggles…


“I can’t believe you’re making me do this,” grumbled AJ as he took a puff of his cigarette. “Why the fuck doesn’t Nick just man up? We shouldn’t be having to sneak around like this, because of some stupid cunt.”

Howie glared at AJ with hard eyes, “If you want the band back together you better watch your mouth. Nick loves the girl and we have to show him that we have nothing against her. Do you want the band back or not?”

“Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?” Asked Brian, as he tried to hide the hurt in his voice, “You know I never had anything against her.”

“We just had to talk to Angel alone,” answered Kevin.

“This is bullshit,” moaned AJ.

Howie shook his head at his friend, “Why do you hate her so much? I mean, I just don’t get it.”

“I don’t think any of us do,” chimed in Brian. “Yeah, it pissed me off that Nick put her before his responsibilities, but I think you’re taking it a bit far. Do you not like her because she’s no model?”

“I see her for what she is. You guys just feel bad because she’s a fan, I see her true beauty, which is why I see her ugliness. You guys are just as blind as Nick.”

“Listen here, Alex,” growled Kevin. “If you want the band to die then fine, fuck you. Don’t come with us tonight, but if you give a damn suck it up and just help us out here. We’re brothers and I think it’s time for us to act like it. Down the road I think somewhere we lost that.”

AJ just rolled his eyes, “Whatever. I’ll do what I have to do…for the band. I don’t give a fuck about Nick or his little whore.” He then got up and left the hotel room, slamming the door shut.

Howie ran his hands through his brown curls, “He’s gonna fuck everything up.”

“Yep,” replied Brian, as he inhaled deeply. He then looked up at his cousin, “What are we gonna do about him?”

Kevin just shook his head, “I don’t even know. All I know is if we don’t get our act in gear, we’ll never get Nick back…and then there goes our careers along with AJ’s.”

“I really wish I knew what it was about this girl that makes AJ turn into such a dick,” wondered Howie out loud.

“I think that’s something we all wished we knew,” said Brian. “I mean, the girl isn’t that bad looking, so it can’t be about her looks…there’s more to…a lot more. He’s hiding something.”

“AJ’s just a shallow asshole,” answered Kevin.



AJ decided to go down to a nearby bar. He was feeling pissed off that the guys were jumping all over him. Yeah, he knew he had to get his act together and stop acting like a douche, but he couldn’t help it. Here he was once again, drinking at a bar all alone. Nick used to be his companion when it came to bars and clubs, but since he started to date that whore, he’d been alone. It was eating him up inside. His best buddy left him for a girl…he was ignoring everyone for that bitch. How was he supposed to take that? He had nobody now. Sure he had the other guys, but they’d never understand him, not like how Nick did. Kevin sent him to rehab last time he told him personal stuff and sure he he’s glad it happened the way it did. After he was finished with all that shit, he was thankful; he didn’t want to end down that road. He didn't do drugs anymore, but he still drank and drinking alone was so depressing. He sighed as he thought about laughing with Nick and hooking up with girls. Those were the days. What did he have now? Nothing. His depression was hitting overdrive because of it. He lost his girlfriend, because he couldn’t keep his dick in his pants, he was angry. Maybe this girl Nick was dating wasn’t all that bad, he was just angry and she seemed like a good target to let all his anger out on. Although, it probably coasted him one of his best friends. All AJ wanted Nick to do was ditch the bitch so things could go back to the way they were…he’d do anything to have his drinking buddy back…to have things the way they used to be...to have the Backstreet Boys back. As he took another shot of tequila he felt more thoughts running in and out of his mind…what was the matter with him? He felt like a woman that was having mood swings. He wanted to like the girl Nick was dating, but he wanted to hate her too. Fuck it, he would never accept her. She took his best buddy away, there’s no way in hell he’s going to act all friendly towards her all because the others guys want him to. He was not a fake and he was going to speak his mind when he saw her. If this girl is more important to Nick than his friends that he’s known most of his life then fuck him! This girl was the cause of their friendship crumbling and when he saw her tonight nothing was going to hold him back from making her see what she had ruined. There shall be hell to pay.
The Set Up by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 24 ~



Kimberly was looking in the mirror, fixing up her hair that escaped from the white headband. The strands that spurted out framed her face and even curled. She looked down at the baby blue sundress, it hugged her curves nicely and flowed out from her hips. She felt arms wrap around her and she saw Nick in her reflection. She smiled into the mirror. What a perfect picture this would have made. Nick was wearing just blue jeans and a white wife beater with a black open shirt over it. She closed her eyes and inhaled his sent, it drive her wild. His blonde hair was ruffled and shaggy and how she loved it when it looked like that.

She glanced up at him and smiled, he returned the smile and his lips met with hers. “What time is it?” She wondered.

“Only quarter of five.”

After the shower…the long shower they decided to plop on the couch and watch a movie that was on. She was a bit worn out from the shower to want to do anything. There wasn’t much cleaning involved with that one. Sure he washed her back and she got to wash her hair and that kind of thing, but most of the time he pinned her against the wall and made such passionate love to her. Her screams were so loud, she was surprised at herself. The way Nick would thrust inside of her as his fingers played with her clit. She lost count on how many times she got off. The way Nick would leave kisses on her neck and to her shoulder sent her to the edge. She had never been so in love with anyone before and she had never been treated so well before either. She was probably the happiest woman on the face of the Earth.

“Hmm, what do you want to do until six?” She asked, looking up into his blue eyes.

“Well, it takes about half an hour to get there. Want to head out and maybe have a few drinks before they show up?” He suggested.

She smiled, “Yeah, okay. I’m down with that.” Kimberly walked over towards the kitchen and grabbed her small purple purse. Nick then grabbed hold of her hand and they left the house and went into the car. She was feeling so happy, she knew nothing could possibly ruin this feeling. She had everything she could ever want in life. She had an amazing boyfriend, she had the best friends in the world and best of all Laura was finally out of her life. The only thing that was missing was a job, but once she had that piece of the puzzle then she would be complete.


“Okay, so we’re meeting them at six,” Angel told Kevin on the phone as she and Benny drove towards the pub.

“What time should we show up?” He asked.

“Get there a little after us, so they don’t suspect this was planned out. Let them think it was a big coincidence.”

“Okay, we’ll leave in about half an hour then. It’s only ten minutes from the hotel anyway.”

“Okay, good,” she replied. “We’ll see you soon.” With that she hung up her phone and put it back in her purse. She looked at Benny and saw him shake his head in disapprove. That bothered her, “What?” She demanded.

“I just think this is gonna blow up in our face…I mean do you really want Nick hating you because of this little stunt?”

“First of all Nick would never hate me, I’m his sister. He loves me and he knows I’m only doing this for his own good. Second of all, I’m doing this for him. I like Kim and I have nothing against her…anymore, but I think she may be clouding his choices. He needs to see the truth, he needs to get back with the Backstreet Boys. All the boys are gonna be on their best behavior.”

“Even AJ?” Questioned Benny with a raised eyebrow.

“I hope so,” she softly said, with a small sigh.


Kimberly and Nick entered the pub and they walked over towards the bar. Nick ordered a Budwiser and Kimberly ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri. As they were sitting there and talking among their selves, a fan spotted him and she and her two friends hesitantly walked up to him. They just started small talk, they would weakly smile at Kimberly and one of them even started talking to her. And when they asked Nick if she was his girlfriend he proudly admitted yes. That sent chills up and down her spin. She knew how fans were though; she knew some would love nothing more than to slice her throat. She was a fan once and she knew how girls could become vicious. Poor Willa Ford. She had so many hate sites and girls threatening to kill her, it was terrible. Kimberly knew she had to be strong if that ever happened to her. She loved Nick and she wanted to be with him. Unfortunately he was in the spotlight and because of that she would be thrown into that too. But she loved being with him, he made her smile, she knew she would have to deal if she wanted to stay with him. Kimberly was lucky, because these girls were nice. They even asked her for her picture, she was more than welcoming for that. They even had a waiter take a group picture of them all. It was nice…she was feeling accepted. Accepted by his fans and that was the hardest thing to do when you were dating someone in his stature. Soon they had to go and they gave Kimberly a hug, along with Nick. Nick was great with them, being very talkative. He was great with them and that made Kimberly smile. Seeing how happy he made those girls made him look even more appealing to her…was that even possible?

“They were nice,” Kimberly said as she took a sip of her sweet drink.

He nodded, “Yeah, they were. I love when my fans are nice to the girl I’m with. It’s fans that think I’m gonna break up with a girlfriend to be with them is what pisses me off. So annoying!”

“Well lucky for me those girls weren’t like that.”

“Lucky for me too,” confessed Nick.

“Oh? Why lucky for you?”

“How would it look if I told a fan off? I once called a girl a whore because she wouldn’t leave me alone. Security had to escort her out. I got a lot of hate from that girl and her friends. It only takes one girl to ruin everything. I got a bad name for being mean to my fans. Thankfully I still have my loyal ones.”

“Yeah, I don’t think you have much to worry about,” she said, with a small smile.

He smiled, “Yeah, I don’t think so either.” Nick leaned over and kissed her, “I love you, Baby Angel.”

She smiled shyly and blushed, “I love you too.”

“You guys are here early,” Angel’s voice filled the area.

Nick pulled away from his girlfriend and he looked at his sister and shrugged, “We decided to have a few drinks before you got here.”

She raised one of her thin brown eyebrows, “Are you implying that you need to be drunk to be around me?”

Kimberly giggled, “No. We just had nothing else to do, so we decided to head over here earlier.”

“So who’s hungry?” She wondered.

“I’m starving,” said Benny.

“I’m pretty hungry too,” admitted Kimberly.

Nick nodded, “Yeah, I can eat…” he then looked at his girlfriend and raised both of his eyebrows. She laughed and hit him on the arm.

“Ew, ew, ew!!!” Screeched Angel, “God, not in public…please!!! You’ve done that once at Disney Land, I don’t think you need to do it again. That’s what they made bedrooms for!”

Nick laughed at his sister and they got up and sat at a table and waited for a waiter. As they waited they began to talk. Angel was talking to Kimberly about her moving in with Nick and she could tell from the tone of Angel’s voice how she didn’t really approve of this choice.

“What are you so worried about?” Demanded Nick, as the roughness showed in his velvet voice.

“You know how Angel is,” said Benny. “She loves to worry.”

She shot her boyfriend a hard glare and then back to her brother, “Well yeah, I do worry. But it’s good that I do. I mean what about work and stuff?”

“I’m looking for a job,” Kimberly told her. “I’m not the type to sponge off people. If my boss wasn’t such a dick I would still be there.”

“Why don’t you sue him?” Wondered Benny, “I mean you could get some big bucks outta a law suit like that.”

Nick could see the distress upon Kimberly’s face, “Can we just drop it?!?” He ordered, “She’s living with me, end of story. I don’t need anyone’s approval.” He then wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer towards him and kissed her on the temple, “I love being around her. She brings out the better of me…I thought I lost that part of me. But it was just hidden.”

Kimberly looked at him and smirked, “I’m glad I could help you find it again.” She then leaned over and hugged him. He brushed his lips upon hers, “I love you,” she whispered when they pulled away.

He smiled at her, “I love you too, Baby Angel.”

Moments later a waiter walked over to them and asked what they wanted to order. Kimberly ordered some pasta with a side salad. Nick ordered a cheeseburger, Angel and Benny both ordered a chicken dinner.

“Your order will be right up,” he said, smiling friendly at the crew. He then walked away to give the cook their orders.


Kevin ran his hands through his dark hair frustratingly and glared at AJ with sharp green eyes, “Isn’t this why you went to rehab?!?” He snapped, “So you stopped pulling this shit?”

He just rolled his brown glassy eyes, “No, I went for drugs. Drinking isn’t gonna kill me so get off my fucking case. I just needed a few drinks…you were driving me up the fucking wall!”

“What are you Nick now?” He asked raising one of his bushy eyebrows, “This is why we’re in this mess in the first place. Because Nick always left to see that girl because we were getting on his nerves.”

“Don’t compare me to that bastard. I don’t walk off in the middle of a meeting! I know my responsibilities.”

“Well right now one of your responsibilities was to stay sober so we could go to the pub to try to talk to Nick about coming back. We wanted to show him that we miss him and that we can accept his new girlfriend,” Brian explained.

“Speak for yourself,” he mumbled underneath his breath.

Howie looked up at AJ with wide chocolate eyes, “AJ, you need to get off this. Yeah, you don’t like her. But because of your actions towards her we’re so close on losing Nick and losing him means losing the Backstreet Boys too.”

“I’m getting fuck and sick of this God damn lecture! I’m not a fucking child. Who do you think you are, my mom?”

“If you stopped acting like one, then maybe there would be no need of giving you one,” growled Kevin. “I swear to God Alex, if you fuck this up…I will never forgive you.”

“Is that supposed to be some sort of threat?” He asked with a tone of sarcasm in his voice and a small curve formed around his lips.

Brian shook his head in disgrace, “Please, AJ,” he pleaded. “Just for one hour if that, be nice to her. It’s not her fault Nick dropped his responsibilities.”

AJ just rolled his eyes, “Whatever,” he mumbled. “I don’t feel like getting into this again. I don’t know how you can’t see that she’s the reason. But whatever, what do I know?” He hissed under his breath.

Howie shook his head. He knew that this night would not end well…not at all. Not if AJ kept this attitude up. Fear was eating him up inside, fear that the Backstreet Boys would be done for good…fear of losing his little brother. He loved Nick and he hated how things were. He wanted to fix them, but how could he? He and AJ did nothing but buttheads.

“Finally,” muttered AJ as he got out of the black SUV.

“You better be on your best behavior,” warned Kevin’s thick voice.

There he went again, ordering him to act a certain way. That pissed him off almost as bad as Nick when he decided to ditch him for that whore. “I think I’m capable of making my own decisions,” he growled before storming inside the pub.

Brian let out a loud sigh before looking up at his cousin, “What are we going to do about him? He’s going to mess everything up.”

Howie nodded, “I know. I really wish I knew what it was about Nick’s girlfriend that turns AJ into a total dick.”

“He’s jealous,” answered Kevin. “It’s obvious. He sees how all of us are happy with our girls and Nick was the only one that was single like him. Now that he’s involved with Kim he hates her because of it.”

Brian raised an eyebrow, “How can you tell?” He asked, with pure curiosity in his voice.

“I’ve been around him long enough to see when he’s jealous. Remember when you started dating Leighanne? AJ was the biggest prick towards you because he had a thing for her.”

Brian thought for a moment as he remembered what an ass he was to him the night he and Leighanne had a date. He looked up at Kevin stupefied, “Shit…you’re right!

Howie sighed, “Well, we better get in there before AJ starts something.”

Kevin agreed and the three of them walked inside and luckily it was pretty dim inside the building. Nick probably didn’t even see AJ walk in…at least he prayed. They found AJ hitting on some waitress near the bar. She was flirting back and smiling shyly at him. She looked far too innocent for his type, but knowing AJ as long as she was over eighteen he was up for anything.

Kevin walked over towards him and smiled at the girl, “Hey AJ, we’re getting our table.”

“Oh My God,” said the girl in shock. “Kevin!” She walked over to him and hugged him, “How are you? Is the whole band here?”

She was a fan…AJ was hitting on a fan and yet he was giving Nick grief?!? Kevin shot him a hard look, but he just ignored it. “Uh, yeah,” he answered smiling at the pretty red head staring up at him.

“I heard Nick was sick,” she continued. “Is he feeling better? I’m so excited you’re here!” She hugged him again, “Are Brian and Howie here too? Oh My God, it would make my life if I could get a picture with you guys.”

“I don’t see the harm in that,” said AJ with a flirtatious smile. “Where are the others?” Kevin glared at AJ with his hard green eyes, but AJ chose to ignore his warning stare and he smiled at the girl. “Ah, I see them,” he said, in his sweet voice. “They’re over by the door. You coming, Kev?” Fakeness reeked all through his voice and Kevin wondered if the girl could sense it, but from her body language, it looked as though she couldn’t. She was so thrilled by the fact that her favorite band was in her work.

Kevin groaned. He skimmed the room and that was where he spotted Nick. He had his arm around his girlfriend’s shoulder. They were sitting with Angel and Benny; laughing. He had never seen him so happy. He watched as he leaned over to kiss the girl next to him. She hugged him and rested her head on his shoulder. He could see how much they cared for one another. He knew there was no way he’d choose the band over her…not if AJ kept on treating her like she was the most disgusting person on the planet. Kevin knew if he were in Nick’s shoes he would act the same way. He almost was proud of him for sticking up for the woman he loves in such a way, but he also knew how stupid it was at the same time.
“You coming?!?” AJ’s nagging voice broke through his thoughts.

He nodded, “Yeah.” He then walked over towards the guys. The girl was excited; she took out her cell phone and used that as a camera. They took about three different pictures. She got a solo one with AJ, since that looked like who was her favorite and he used that to his advantage. He got her phone number and had a date for when she got off work that night around two in the morning.

Finally after it seemed like forever she had to get back to work before she got in trouble. Another girl came over and escorted them to their table. As they walked towards it, they went in the same area as Nick. He and Angel were talking about some sort of story about Aaron. Kimberly’s eyes shifted towards the guys and she saw the nasty glare AJ had given her and quickly turned her attention to her drink.

Nick looked at her, “What’s wrong, Baby Angel?” He asked when he noticed her reaction.

She shook her head, “Noth-nothing.” She then looked up at him and faked a smile, “I just got something in my throat.”

He could see from her green eyes that she was lying and looked as though they started to swell. He glanced up and that was when he saw them. His former brothers. He saw the hard look AJ had on his face, but once Nick shot at him he immediately turned away. “What the fuck are they doing here?” He growled.

Angel looked up at the boys and shook her head in disgust. She saw perfectly the look AJ had given Kimberly. She then looked at her brother and shrugged, “I haven’t gotten a clue.”

“Come on Baby Angel, let’s get out of here.”

Angel looked at him alarmed, “What? Oh come on, don’t leave. Not because of him them! That’s so stupid. We came here to have a double date now let’s have that. Let’s just pretend that they’re not here. That’s all.”

Kimberly nodded, “Your sister’s right. I mean it’s silly to leave because of them. Plus, I’m not done eating,” she said with half a smile as she took a bite of her dinner.

Nick sighed, “Okay, fine.” He too was still hungry and hadn’t finished his dinner yet.

Benny knew something was going to happen. He knew that this would blow up in their face and he could tell that AJ was just a ticking time bomb.


“Smooth, real smooth,” scolded Kevin, once they all sat down. “What the hell was up with that?”

“Up with what?” Demanded AJ, “Look, I don’t like the girl. I told you this.”

“You promised to be on your best behavior,” reminded Howie.

“No, I recall Kevin telling me I better be on my best behavior. I never actually said I’d agree,” he said, with a smug smile.

Brian just shook his head in annoyance, “What’s the point?” He asked above a whisper, “He’s gonna fuck everything up anyway.”

AJ looked at him angry, “Excuse me?”

“Look at what you just pulled! It’s so childish and immature, Alex. When are you going to grow up? Look, I’m sorry you feel she took your single buddy away, but you know what? Life moves on, people grow up. Learn from it and grow the fuck up! Life isn’t about sleeping with whores and getting trashed every night.”

Kevin and Howie both looked at Brian in disbelief, “Damn, Bri,” coughed out Kevin, with a half-smile. “Well said.”

“Fuck you!” He shouted, “Fuck all of you!” He then shoved the table and stormed down the corridor and outside of the pub. Who the hell did those jerks think they were talking to him like that? He pulled out one of his cigarettes and put it to his lips. Once it was lit he inhaled deeply. It was that fucking slut’s fault. She even got to the guys. What was this bitch’s problem? Brian never had ever spoken to him like that ever. What was his deal? Immature? He was far from immature. He didn’t bail out just to get laid. Nick was blinded by her and now the other guys were too. She was going to be the cause of the band’s permit break up and he knew it.


“Oh man, that was so good,” said Kimberly, once she pushed her plate away. “I’m so full now.”

“That was defiantly filling,” replied Nick. He then leaned over and put his lips to Kimberly’s ear, “I hope you have room for desert though…I know I’m pretty anxious to have some.”

She laughed, “Nick, I swear.”

“What?” He asked with an innocent smile.

“Do you take batteries or something?”

Angel busted out laughing. She then glanced over towards the other guys and saw that AJ was nowhere to be found. She lipped Kevin, Where’s AJ? And he just shook his head. Maybe this was a good thing that he wasn’t there. That would mean that Nick could talk to them without AJ being a complete dick towards his girlfriend. This was good, real good.

“I shouldn’t have drank so much,” said Kimberly with a small laugh. “My bladder wants to implode. Bathroom break for me.”

“Okay, babe,” said Nick. He kissed her before she got up and walked down the corridor in search of the bathroom.

This was the most perfect opportunity for Angel to talk to her brother about the guys. “So Nick…” she began.

“So Angel?” He asked, as he took a sip of his beer.

“Since the guys are here and all….maybe you should talk to them.”

He put his drink down and stared at her right in the eye, “Are you kidding me? No fucking way. I mean, did you see the way AJ was staring at Kim? Like he wanted to rip her face off. And you know what? I was so close on talking to them too…like caving in and setting something up. Almost like I missed the guys or something.”

“They’ve been in your life for a long time,” added Benny.

Nick nodded, “Yeah, I know…but seeing how he was it reminds me of why I left in the first place.”

“Because he was being mean to Kim?” Questioned Angel, whom did not like that answer at all.

He shrugged, “Yeah. And other things. Like how they treated me. I’m not a child anymore and I’m fucking sick of them acting like I am.”

“Tell them that,” urged Benny. “I mean I know you love Kim, she’s a great girl, but do you want to ruin your whole career on that? Because one of the members doesn’t like your girlfriend? There had to have been a time where you didn’t like one of their girlfriends.”

“Sure, but I was never mean to her face. I just can’t stand her being in pain.” He shrugged again, “I don’t know what it is about her, but I love her so much and all I want to do is make her so happy. I’m happy if she’s happy, if that makes sense.”

He nodded, “Of course. I know that feeling,” he said, as he took Angel’s hand in his.

“And when I saw how upset she was just from AJ’s stare, it pissed me off. What’s gonna happen if I work things out with the guys? Am I going to have to deal with her being upset all the time, because AJ hates her?” He shook his head, “I just can’t. That’ll kill me. He can’t accept me being with her, I know that and I don’t need his approval. But I will not have him causing her to cry because he called her I don’t know say ugly or something. That’s just fucked up. I’d be miserable first of all and I know I can make it solo. Last time I did solo I did well.”

Angel raised an eyebrow, “Really, Nick?” Her voice not sounding convinced.

“Not in the states but in other countries.”

She let out a sigh in defeat, “So what are you saying? You never want to make peace with the guys?”

He shrugged, “I honestly don’t know.” He glanced over to the his former band members and wondered where AJ was. They defiantly did not look at all happy. It made him curious to know what was going on...why did they look so pissed off?
Time To Set You Free by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 25 ~



Kimberly walked out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed. She accidently bumped into someone, “I’m so sorry.” She smiled sheepishly at the person, but then saw that person was AJ. She could feel her heart go into her throat and she swallowed hard, “I’m – I’m sorry,” she said again, but this above a whisper.

He scowled at her; his eyes were so dark they looked like shark eyes, “Yeah, I would be too,” he hissed. He shook his head in disgust, “I will never understand what Nick sees in you. I mean you can’t even fit out the door properly without hitting other people. Nope, you’re defiantly not worth breaking up the band.” He saw her eyes starting to swell, “Oh, does that upset you? You don’t like knowing that you’re the reason the Backstreet Boys broke up do you? Well tell me, how does it feel? Does it cut you like a knife?”

Kimberly inhaled deeply trying so hard to fight off the tears, “I-I tried so hard to talk to Nick about talking to you guys, I did. And yes, it kills me to know that I’m the reason.” She couldn’t hold it back anymore and it looked as though two tiny rivers were rolling down her cheeks, causing her make up to run. “I’d give anything to fix the mess I’ve caused. I loved you guys…I grew up listening to you and I’m sorry that I fell in love with one of you.”

AJ stared at her for a long moment. It almost looked as if he felt sorry for her. His brown eyes looked as though they had a hint of sorrow in them. Maybe he felt bad for causing her to cry, but then he gave out a small laugh, “Damn girl…I gotta give it to you. You’d make one hell of an actress. You must be friends with Paris Hilton.”

Kimberly just shook her head and stormed away, putting her hand up to her face as sobs escaped her. She knew she couldn’t go back to the table and let Nick see her look like this. He’d demand to know what caused her to become so upset and when he learned that it was AJ, all hell would break lose. So instead she went back into the bathroom and walked into one of the stalls. She sat down on the seat and cried hard. She tried not to be too loud, but she couldn’t help it. Why was AJ so mean to her? She knew he hated her, but didn’t he realize how horrible she felt already? He must have been the person to kick someone when they were already down.


“What’s taking Kim so long?” Wondered Nick out loud. Kimberly had excused herself to go to the ladies' room almost fifteen minutes ago.

“Maybe she fell in,” snickered Benny.

He looked at him and laughed and then looked at Angel, “Do you think you can go see what’s taking her?”

Angel took a sip of her drink before saying, “Something probably just isn’t agreeing with her.”

“Please, Ang?”

She sighed, “Alright, alright.”

He smiled, “Thanks.”

Angel then stood up and began to walk towards the restrooms and she felt a shoulder wham into her. She saw that it was AJ, “Hey, sorry.”

He looked at her aggravated, “What the hell is up with you and Nick’s bitch bumping into me? Don’t you ever watch where you’re going?”

She looked at him heated, “Excuse me? Nick’s bitch? First off if you’re going to try to get Nick to talk to you, I think you need to drop this stick up your ass attitude.” She shook her head in annoyance, “And did you even apologize to her?”

His brown eyes turned dark and he glared at her, “Sorry?!?” He raged, “Why the fuck should I say sorry to her?” If Angel thought for one second he would ever apologize to her for anything, she had another thing coming!

“For bumping into her…” she paused, “What’s with you anyway? I mean, I don’t get it. Do you really rather Nick with a girl that will use him and fuck him over than someone that actually cares for him? I mean who cares if she’s not some model or actress.”

“I don’t know about that,” he said. “She’s sure playing you all for some sap…I’d say she’s a great actress. Oscar worthy if you ask me. You should have seen the water works she pulled on me. Who the fuck does she think I am? Nick? I’m not stupid…but apparently you all are to believe her bullshit.”

“Waterworks?” Angel flew her hand over her mouth, “Oh God, what did you say to her?!?”

He shrugged, “I said what had to be said. I told her she was the reason why the Backstreet Boys broke up. We all know it's the truth.”

Angel looked at him appalled, “How could you even say that to her?!?” She demanded, “It’s obvious she’s not the reason…you are! I mean look at everything that you've been pulling. If it weren't for you Nick never would have left in the first place!” She didn't wait for him to reply and she stormed off and ran into the bathroom and that was when she heard the sobs coming from the third stall. She could only imagine what Kimberly was feeling. She finally could understand why Nick didn’t want to fix things with the guys, how could he? AJ was an unbelievable prick. She walked over to the stall and gently knocked on the door, “Kim?” She said, in a concerning voice, “Are you alright?” Angel heard the door unlock and moments later it opened and that was when she saw how horrible Kimberly looked. Her mascara was streaked all down her face and her green eyes were no longer green, but a deep red. Angel wanted to cry just from the sight of her. It wasn’t fair of AJ at all to be treating her like this; she almost wanted to tell Nick. She wanted to see him beat the shit out of his former band mate. What’s gotten into him? He was always such a sweetheart, what happened to him? “Oh, Kim.” Was all she could say and she tightly embraced her into a hug, “I’m so sorry.”

“What are you sorry for,” she asked between her sniffles. “It’s not like you told him to say all those things to me.”

“No, but it’s my fault he’s here. I wanted to try have Nick talk to them and have them show that they miss him and respect his girlfriend.” She then shook her head in disgust, “But I can see I was wrong and I don’t know what is up his ass, but no one deserves what he said to you. I’m really sorry. Come on, let’s tell Nick we wanna leave. I can see that there’s no point in staying here any longer anyway.”

Kimberly pulled away from her hold, “Was this just some sort of set up?”

She shrugged, “Kind of. Kevin came to me and said how he missed Nick and stuff. I thought I was helping, but apparently I just made it worse.”

Kimberly knew Angel was just doing what she thought was best for her brother. She would have done the same thing if she were in her shoes. She just nodded, “Yeah, let’s go.”


Kevin saw that Nick was along at the table, except for Benny. He looked at Howie and Brian and moved his head towards Nick’s table, “Let’s talk to him while AJ isn’t around.”

Howie nodded, “Yeah, good idea.”

The three of them stood up from the booth and slowly walked over towards Nick’s table. He looked up and saw them standing there, “Ugh, what do you want?” Were the only words to escape his mouth, as he put the drink up to his lips.

Brian was the first one to sit down; he scooted next to him, “We came to talk to you.”

“There is nothing left to talk about,” he coolly answered.

“Actually, Nick,” said Kevin, as he and Howie sat down on the other side of the booth, causing Benny to have to get pushed against the wall. “There is much we need to talk about.”

“We miss you,” blurted out Howie.

“You miss me?” He coughed out a laugh, “It took you a month to tell me you miss me?”

“Uh, you’ve been avoiding our phone calls, remember?” Chimed in Brian.

Benny could feel the tension slowly growing and in the back of his mind, he knew that this was going to blow up in their face like he originally thought. He kept his head down and tried not to make contact, because he didn't want any of the guys to make him choose sides.

“Look, let’s just cut to the chase,” Kevin spoke with authority. “No more beating around the bush. You’re our brother, we love you. Everything that happened, that was said went way too far.”

“Ya think?!” Sarcasm dripped in Nick’s voice, “Fine, let’s cut to the chase, shall we?” He glared at Kevin with hard blue eyes, “How about we talk about you treating me like a child…or better yet how about we talk about me seeing a girl that I’m crazy about.”

Howie shook his head, “Nick, we told you it had nothing to do with the girl. It had to do with you leaving for her. You can’t just walk out on a meeting like that…just skip a photo shoot.”

“I told you I forgot about that damn photo shoot!” He hissed, “I would never jeopardize a chance like that. I fuck up, I know that, but you had no right attacking me in front of her like that.”

“We were not attacking!” Defended Brian.

“Oh no? Then what would you like to call it? Because of that little stunt you pulled, causing me to lose my temper, it caused a lot of friction between us. She and I nearly broke up! Of course, I’m sure you’re happy to hear that.”

Kevin looked at him almost hurt, “Why would that make us happy?”

“It sure would make AJ happy,” he grumbled under his breath, as he went to take another sip of his drink.

“We’re not AJ, Nick,” said Brian in a soft tone. “We want you back. We want to fix all this shit that happened between us.”

He shook his head, “I don’t know if it’s that easy anymore, Bri.”

“Let me ask you something…do you back in the group?” Asked Kevin with care, “Because if you don’t, then tell us right now and we’ll be on our way and tell the fans that BSB is over. But if there is a chance you want to fix this mess, tell us now. Because we don’t want the band to end…not like this…not over a girl.”

Nick let out a heavy sigh, “You just don’t get it, do you? It wasn’t because of Kim that I left. I left because I was unhappy, because of how you talked down to me. You talked to me like I was this kid…like I was stupid…like I didn’t give a fuck.”

“We felt you didn’t,” shot in Howie. “It looked as though all you cared about was seeing Kim and that was it. You didn’t care about the band, the fans. It looked as though you only cared about her and that was it. That is what sent us over the edge.”

“This was way before Kim,” Nick told him. “I was feeling pushed around for almost a year now. I’ve just been unhappy.”

“With the band?” Wondered Brian.

He shook his head, “Everything. Life in general.” He then sighed, “And I know how corny this sounds, but then I met Kim and finally for the longest fucking time I’m finally happy. I love her, I know you guys don’t believe that, but I do. I’d do anything for that girl. And when I saw how much pain AJ was putting her through that just sent me over the edge. I just can’t deal with him treating her like she’s the fucking plague.”

“What if AJ treats her better?” Wondered Howie, “What if he apologizes to her?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know…maybe.” Nick then saw that AJ was coming his way and groaned.

“Guys, let’s get the fuck out of here,” he snapped.

Nick rolled his eyes and looked at the other three, “I can’t see it happening.” He then stood up, “I need to find my girlfriend.”

Kevin shook his head at AJ and frowned at him, “He can,” he promised.

“I can what?” He demanded.

“Tell Nick,” urged Howie. “Tell him we can make a mends so that the band can get back together. We’re brothers here, let’s start acting like it.”

AJ glared at Nick with shark-like eyes and folded his arms, “Make a mends?”

Kevin looked at his tattooed band mate and could see the hostility in his eyes so he nudged him, “Cool it,” he ordered in a hard voice. “Remember what we talked about.”

Nick just rolled his eyes, “Forget it. I’m done with this shit.”

“Fine, I’ll make a mends.”

Nick looked at him suspiciously, “Oh you will?” Doubt filled his voice.

He nodded, “Yes. I’ll make a mends when you finally smarten up and leave that whore. Why can’t you see her for what she really is?”

Brian slapped his hand over his face and shook his head in appall. He knew right off the bat that there wouldn't be any hope, not if AJ had anything to do with it. “I knew it,” he mumbled.

Nick could feel his fists tighten into two balls, causing his fingernails to dig into the flesh. He took a deep breath. He would not take a swing at him, not while they were still in the public eye…he would have to wait. Nick just shook his head in disgust at this man he once called a friend, “Fuck you. I did smarten up…I smartened up when I left.” He looked at the other three members, “Sorry it didn’t work out, but I’m done.” With that said, he stormed off in search of his girlfriend. She and Angel were taking far too long. Maybe they were having girl talk in the bathroom? They were girls after all.

AJ felt all eyes on him, “Don’t give me that look!”

“Way to go!” Snapped Howie, “You just killed the Backstreet Boys!”

“No! Nick did. He left us because of that fucking whore. If you have anyone to blame, blame that fucker. Not me!”

Kevin shook his head in disgrace, “You disgust me, Alex. I asked one thing from you and that was to be nice. All Nick ever wanted was us to be nice to his girlfriend and you couldn’t even do that.” His green eyes turned bleak as he said, “I don’t even know you anymore…you’re dead to me.” He looked at the other two, “Let’s get out of here.”

Brian nodded as his blue eyes turned moist. It was over, really over. The band was beyond saving. Nick was officially out. How were they going to tell the fans? He looked at AJ in dismay and then dropped his head and walked out the door with the other two. Suddenly why did AJ feel so bad about himself? No! He was not going to put on an act just so Nick would come back. He was not a fraud, he would not lie. He knew the truth and he knew the others did too, they just didn’t care. All they wanted was Nick back, they didn’t give a fuck if Nick was dating a whore. A girl that would backstab him more than Paris Hilton. He would not watch his friend go through that again. That’s what he kept telling himself, but deep down he knew he that was bullcrap. He was trying to convince himself of that…all he wanted was Nick back. He wanted everything to be the way it was, he wanted Nick to dump her. Why the fuck couldn’t he just drop her?!? What was so great about her that he had to sacrifice the band? Surprisingly he felt a twinge of regret spreading through him like some sort of disease. He knew what he did was wrong, he hurt his once best friend more than he ever intended. All he wanted was him back and because of his selfishness he may have lost him for good. He inhaled deeply and walked out the door. He was too proud to go up to him and beg for his forgiveness. That wasn’t him.

“Fuck him,” he grumbled to himself and walked out the door.


Nick walked up the corridor and that was when he found Angel. She was at the entrance of the women’s restrooms. He saw that she was talking to someone, “Hey, Ang. Where’s Kim?” He asked, “Is she still inside?”

She looked at him alarmed, “Umm….yeah.”

He looked at her suspicious and then glanced over to see Kimberly. Her eyes were blood red and her makeup was streaked all down her face. Immediately his eyes blew up and he grabbed her away from the restrooms and looked her over, “What happened?!?” He demanded, “What’s wrong?” The same franticness was in his voice.

She shook her head, “It’s nothing,” she lied.

He looked annoyed, he could see perfectly clear that she was lying, “Baby Angel, why are you crying?” That time his voice sounded almost pleading.

Angel let out a loud sigh, “It was AJ.”

“Angel, don’t,” ordered Kimberly in her broken voice.

“AJ?” Questioned Nick. His eyes then turned dark, “What did he do?!? Did he say something to you?” His voice was no longer pleading, but angry, “Kim, what the fuck did he do?”

She shook her head, “It’s nothing,” she repeated. “Can we please just go?” She then yanked out of Nick’s hold and walked over towards the table and grabbed her purse. There was already a check on the table and paid for. As always Nick paid for the whole meal, that would have bothered her, but she was too upset to think of anything other than AJ and what he had said to her.

Benny was staring at her curiously, “Are you okay?” He finally asked.

She nodded, “I’m fine. Come on, we’re leaving.”

He could hear the pain in her voice and just silently stood up and followed her to where Nick and Angel were. He saw the ire look in Nick’s eyes and that almost frightened him. Angel looked pretty upset too. What had happened? What did he miss?

“Come on, let’s go,” ordered Kimberly, in a low voice. Nick eyed her with such a look Benny didn’t know what to make of it. First he looked at her so caring like all he wanted to do was pull her in his arms and coddle her, but on the other hand, he looked so furious it looked as though he wanted to kill someone. He had never seen him look so spiteful before.

They all walked outside. That was when they heard loud voices. Kimberly glanced over to see Kevin reaming AJ out. It almost nine-thirty and a lot of people weren’t outside. The parking lot looked almost dead. There were maybe about five cars in the parking lot and before anyone could blink, Nick was gone. Kimberly shot up and saw that he had dashed over to AJ and slammed him as hard as he possibly could against the brick wall of the pub.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!?” He raged, “HOW THE FUCK DARE YOU TALK TO HER!”

“Nick!” Ordered Kevin, “Get off him.”

“I said what needed to be said!” Spat AJ, “Sorry the truth hurts.”

Nick was much faster than Kevin and before he could pull him off of him, Nick slammed him in the face, “YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!”

Kevin grabbed Nick from behind and yanked his arms behind him, “Cool it, Nick!” He ordered with a hard tone.

Kimberly flew her hand over her mouth as she watched in shock. AJ then looked at her, “See what you did. You caused us to turn on one another. I hope you’re happy, you fucking whore!”

Tears streamed down her face. Angel and Benny both stared at him outraged, “Let’s get out here,” snapped Angel.

Nick was struggling with all his might to get out of Kevin’s hold, “LET GO OF ME!” He screamed.

“Nick, calm down,” ordered Howie. “You’re making a scene.”

His eyes were so dark they looked nearly black, “I don’t give a fuck!”

“Nick, stop it,” cried Kimberly.

He looked at her fuming and it scared her, “How the hell can you be so forgiving?” He glared back at AJ, “I fucking hate you! I can’t believe I was stupid enough to even consider getting back with you guys. All I ever asked was for a little fucking respect. Can’t you see I love her?!? Why can’t you just fucking let me be with her?!?” His voice sounding pleading again.

Kimberly looked up at all of them, Nick in Kevin’s embrace, AJ against the wall with his nose and mouth bleeding. Brian and Howie on both sides of him so he couldn’t lunged at Nick. They turning against each other. What AJ said was right…everything he said was right. Look what she was doing to these guys. They had been friends for years…long before she ever came around and she was destroying what they had. What kind of person was she? She looked at Nick again and she felt sick, so sick as she thought about the words that entered her mind.

“Come on,” said Benny’s kind voice. “Let’s get out of here.” He glared at Kevin, “Let him go, Kev. We’re leaving.”

Kevin looked at his once baby brother and slowly released him, awaiting for him to try to go after AJ once again. Nick would have loved so much if he could just do something to make him feel sorry for ever causing Kimberly to cry. He then shook his head, “Fuck it, you’re not even worth it anymore. Have a great life…all of you!”

Kimberly ran her hands through her hair, “I can’t take it anymore!” She cried, “I-I can’t do it..I-I can’t.”

“Do what?” Asked Brian.

“THIS!” She wept, “Look what I’ve done to you guys…I just…I just can’t deal with it anymore.”

Nick looked at her alarmed and quickly walked over towards her, “You’ve done nothing, Baby Angel. Everything has happened because of them…not you.”

She shook her head, “You’re wrong.” She looked over at the four men that were staring at her with confusion, “I’m so sorry,” she said in between her sobs.

“You have nothing to be sorry for!” Reassured Nick, “Let’s just go.”

She shook her head, “I’m sorry, Nick. God I love you so much.”

She pressed her forehead against his chest and wept and Nick wrapped his arms tightly around her, “Please stop saying that. You did nothing wrong. Now let’s just leave being around these guys is making – ”

She pulled away from him, “I did everything wrong! I let this go on longer than it should have. I can’t…I can’t keep on pretending none of this is my fault. I’m the reason that you guys are fighting…I’m the reason why the Backstreet Boys are breaking up!” She put her hands on her face, “I can’t let you do this, Nick.” She pulled her hands away from her face and looked up at him with her blurred eyes, “I won’t let you ruin your life because of me.”

Fear began to overcome him, “You’re not ruining anything for me! Now please stop talking like this. Let’s head back to our place…please let’s leave.”

She shook her head, “I can’t, Nick. I won’t let you throw away your life for me.”

Nick slowly began to feel his heart starting to shrivel up, “Without you…” he could feel a lump forming in his throat, “There is no life. You make my life worth living, you make me happy. So please Baby Angel, stop with this crazy talk.”

“I love you Nick, I’ve never loved anyone more than you. I love you so much that I need to realize that you and I can never be.”

His blue eyes began to sting, “Wh-what are you saying, Kim?!? Please God, no. Don’t do this…I’m begging you, don’t do this to me. I-I just got you back. I can’t lose you again.” His arms embraced her tightly, holding her as close as he could to his body. His breathing began to quicken, “I love you,” he sobbed. “Don’t.”

Angel looked at Kimberly in shock and then the four guys on the side. They looked as dumbfounded as she and Benny were. “Kim, you’re being influenced,” she said. “Things are way out of hand. I don’t think you realize what you’re saying.”

She pulled away from Nick and looked at her, “I do…as much as it kills me I know I’m doing the right thing.” She looked back at him, “You even said that you wanted to get back with the guys, I’m interfering with that. I’m the reason why you’re holding back. Stop holding back….this is where you belong.”

He shook his head, his eyes over filling with tears, “No, Baby Angel. With you is where I belong so fuck…please I’m begging you, Kim. I’ll go on my hands and knees if that’s what you want…just please….fucking please don’t do this….please, Kim.”

“I’m going back to your place and pack. I’ll be out by the end of the night,” she promised.

“No…” Tears flowed from his eyes and down his cheeks, “DON’T FUCKING DO THIS, KIM!” He let out a loud cry, “I’ll…I’ll do anything. Just please…don’t fucking let them get to you.”

Angel put her hands up to her face and could feel tears making their way down her face as well. She hated how much pain Kimberly was putting her brother through and she wanted nothing more than to just lash her out and tell her to stop with this idiocy. It was killing her to see him like this, but she understood why she was doing it.

Kimberly wiped her watering eyes, “It has to be this way…and deep down inside you know it too.”

“I don’t want to be in the band anymore…I just want to be with you. That’s all I need…that’s all I’ll ever need.”

She shook her head and could feel her heart slowly dying as she continued, I’m sorry Nick…but it just has to be this way.” She closed her eyes and felt the warm liquid rolling down her flushed face, “This is how it has to be.” She leaned over and pressed her lips upon his, “I’ll see you at the house.” She looked at Benny, “Can you please take me to Nick’s?”

Nick frantically ran his hands through his hair and looked at her with his sore eyes, “I love you so much,” he whispered. “I can’t deal with losing you again…Baby Angel please…” he trailed off, knowing it was a lost cause. There was no changing her mind.

“I’m taking her back to his place,” Benny whispered to Angel. “Can you ride with him?”

She looked at him with her sad eyes and nodded, “Yeah.”

Benny then sighed, “I told you this wasn’t going to work,” he said a little too loud.

Nick turned his attention to his sister and he glared at her with such menacing eyes, “YOU FUCKING KNEW ABOUT THIS?!?”

She turned to Benny and it looked as though he wanted to go crawl in a hole. He didn’t mean for Nick to hear. “I’m sorry…” he whispered.

She sighed, “He had to find out sooner or later. I’ll deal with him, take her back to his place.”

Nick was too angry at Angel to notice Kimberly leaving and before he knew it she was gone. He watched as she drove off and the pain began to increase. Tears once again began to roll down his face as he thought about her leaving him…leaving him because of this scheme his sister created. He glared at her with the most horrified look she had ever seen, “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!?” He screamed and the agony shot out in his voice.

Angel looked at her brother as her eyes began to sting, “I-I was just trying – ”

“To try to fucking ruin my life? Make me lose the only thing that matters to me?!? Well you fucking succeeded!”

She could feel tears overfilling her eyes, “I was trying to help you,” she choked out.

“Help me?!?” He looked at her outraged, “How the fuck were you helping me? Oh wait, that’s right. I forgot. She’s no good for me, right? She’s only using me, she wants nothing but to stab me in the back…I guess you were talking to AJ.” He then shot AJ a hard look and he looked confused and almost remorseful, “I fucking love her!” Nick could feel his heart to twinge in anguish, “She was the only thing that made me happy! Why couldn’t any of you fucking see that?!?” He cleared his throat, “If you wanna help me, stay out of my fucking life!”

Kevin walked over towards him, “Don’t blame Angel,” he said in a soft voice. “Me and Howie came to her…we wanted to try to get you back. We missed you, man. We were desperate. We never thought in a million years that Kim would ever…” he trailed off.

“This must be some sort of trick,” interrupted AJ. “I mean come on, why the fuck would she break up with you? Just so the band could get back together? That’s fucking bullshit!”

Nick flew over to him and once again pushed him against the wall, but this time no one stopped him. Kevin just watched in dismay, “You don’t fucking get it, do you?” He choked out, “She is doing it because she loves me. She’s doing it because she thinks you guys are fucking more important than her.”

AJ looked at him and saw his blue eyes were tinted red and he had never seen his friend so overwhelmed with sadness before. “I-I’m sorry,” he managed to say.

Nick pulled away from him, “I have to fucking stop her.” He looked at the guys for a second and just jetted out of there and to his car and sped to his house.

“Maybe…maybe I was wrong about her,” AJ said as he could feel the guilt slowly eating him alive. He was the reason…the reason for so many things that could have been prevented.

“Ya think?!?” Snapped Brian.

Angel felt the small dribbles of tears slowly rolling down her cheeks, “He hates me,” she wept.

Kevin put his hand on her shoulder, “No, he doesn’t…he’s just hurt. Kim loves him, I saw that today…and I think along with everyone else.” He glared at AJ whom just dipped his head in shame, “She won’t leave him. They’re already been through so much.” He sighed, “Come on, we’ll take you home.”


Kimberly sat down on the large bed and ran her hands through her hair and cried her heart out. She could feel herself becoming sick as she recapped what had just happened. She broke up with Nick, she broke up with the only man that loved her…truly loved her. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe she should just apologize to him for being so stupid. She shook her head, she couldn’t do that. He wanted to ruin his whole life just to be with her. She just couldn’t allow him to do that, it would be far too selfish of her to stay with him while she knew his career was going down in the drain. She picked up her trembling hand and dialed her best friend’s number.

“Hello?” Said a cheerful voice.

“Ashley,” she wept into the phone.

“Kim?” Panic began to flow through her vocal cords, “What’s wrong?!?”

She inhaled deeply as she said, “I-I broke up with Nick.” She let out a loud cry again.

“WHAT?!?” She screeched, “Did he hurt you?!?”

“No,” she whispered. “I called you because I wanted to know…can I…can I stay with you…please?”

“Oh My God, Kim. You know you don’t have to ask!”

“Good,” she whimpered. “Because I already bought a ticket tonight.” She faked a laugh, “I’ll see you around six in the morning then.”

“Okay, sweetie,” said her friend’s caring voice. “I’ll be at the airport waiting for you.”

“Thank you,” she wept. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Kim.”

“I’m gonna…” she had to inhale deeply again as she could feel the bile wanting to rise, “I’m gonna start packing.”

“Okay, Kim.”

She then hung up the phone and slowly stood up, but only to fall down onto her knees and that’s when the tears ran freely down her face. She couldn’t believe this was happening. She couldn’t believe what she was letting go, but it had to be done. If you loved something you had to set it free…and that’s what she was doing. She was going to set Nick free. He didn’t know it yet, but he was really a prisoner. He was like a caged bird, he wanted to fly, fly with the others but he was being pulled back. Kimberly wasn’t going to pull him back anymore and she then stepped up onto her feet and gathered her things.


Nick rushed into his house, “KIM?!?” He shouted; he prayed that she was still there. He turned and saw that she was at the kitchen table. She was sitting in the dark, “Oh thank God.” He rushed over to her side, “I thought you were gone.” His foot kicked something and that was where he saw the bags and he looked at her in agony, “You don’t have to do this.”

“Yes I do,” she whispered.

He knelt down on one knee and looked up at her, “No, you don’t! Now please Baby Angel, I’m begging you to stop this foolishness. I know what you think you’re doing, but you’re wrong.”

She shook her head, “No, Nick. It has to be this way, we both know it.”

“WHY?!?” He shouted as he stood up, and causing Kimberly to get startled, “Why the fuck does it have to be like this? I don’t give a fuck about those other guys, I don’t give a fuck about anything but you! Why can’t you see that?!?”

She then stood up as well, “Because down the road I know somewhere you’re going to hate me because I was the reason why I ruined your life. You may think you’re happy right now, but you’re not. You’re just so blinded.”

“Did AJ get to you?” He asked, as the thickness was still present in his voice, “Because that’s exactly what he’d say.”

“It’s over, Nick!” She choked out, she tried so hard to hold back the tears, “We both know a guy like you can’t stay with a girl like me. It doesn’t work that way. It was amazing while it lasted, but it’s over now.”

“A guy like me?!? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?”

She shook her head, “I don’t wanna get into this again with you.” A horn beeped and she sighed, “I have to go.”

She went to walk away, but Nick aggressively grabbed her arm, “You can’t leave!”

“Nick, let go of me,” she said above a whisper.

“Why the fuck are you doing this?!?” He demanded as his voice broke, “Is there another reason?”

“I’m doing it for your own good,” she told him. The horn beeped again, “I love you,” she whispered.

“NO!” He shouted, “Don’t you fucking do that! If you loved me you wouldn’t be doing this! You’re thinking of no one but yourself.”

“Myself?” She repeated, “How am I thinking of myself. All I’m thinking about is you!”

“You’re letting what those bastards said get to you. You’re being such a coward. Stick up to them like I do. Tell them to fuck off, you love me and want to be with me and there is nothing…” he paused, “Unless the band does mean more to you than our relationship.”

“What?” She gasped, “Don’t you even start with that, Nick.”

“Well it’s true, you’re leaving me so the band can try to get back together. That’s bullshit…I can’t believe you’d let me go all because of a fucking band…that’s fucked up!!!!”

“You’ll thank me in the end,” she promised. “Look, I really need to go.”

“You know what….I think I will thank you….THANK YOU FOR FUCKING ME OVER! AJ was right about you. There are you happy?”

Tears ran down her face and she looked at him one last time and he saw the pain and anguish he just had caused and that killed him. “Goodbye,” she choked out and grabbed her bags and booked it out of the house.

“KIM, WAIT!” Cried Nick, but she kept on running and before he could get to her, she jumped into the cab that was waiting for her outside of the house. And then she was gone…Nick fell down to his knees and whispered, “I’m sorry, Baby Angel…I’m so sorry.” He wept.


Kimberly looked behind her and watched as Nick’s figure grew smaller and smaller until she couldn’t see him anymore. She put her hands over her face and sobbed like a child. It was over, she set him free. Now he could move on with his life and as for her….that was a question that she didn’t think could ever be answered.
Coping by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 26 ~



Nick woke up the next day to a pounding headache. He prayed all last night was nothing but a horrible nightmare. It didn’t really happen…did it? He looked to his side of the bed and saw that it was empty; he looked around the room and saw it was torn apart. It was real…it really happened. Kimberly left him. He dropped his head back into the pillow and could feel his eyes burning. How could she have left him? He felt something wrinkled in his hand and when he opened his palm he saw a picture of her and that was when he felt more tears freshly flow down his cheeks. It was a picture from Disney Land. How the fuck could she do this?!? She loved him! He knew she did. How could she allow a fucking band to break them up? It just didn’t make sense. Did she think getting back with those bastards were going to make everything okay? It wasn’t…not by a long shot. How couldn’t she see that? Look what they caused…they made the only woman that he truly cared for leave him. He let out a loud sigh, maybe she just needed time to cool off. What AJ said must have clouded her judgment. She let it get in her head that she was the reason why he left the band. He could feel himself getting angry as he remembered what Angel told him.

He said that she was the reason why the Backstreet Boys broke up and it killed her Nick…I found her balling her eyes out in the bathroom. I really think it’s eating her up inside.

Why didn’t Kimberly ever come to him? Why didn’t she tell him how she truly felt? Why did she just let it slide when AJ was being so brutal to her outside of the pub? Nick just didn’t understand it, because it defiantly was NOT okay what he was doing to her. He looked over at the marble nightstand and saw that his phone was flashing. His heart went into his throat; he quickly grabbed it and saw that he had a text message and a voice mail. He swallowed hard, almost afraid to see what the text or the voice mail said. He clicked on his inbox and saw that he had a text from AJ saying:


I know I really fucked up man
And I don’t expect you to forgive me
But I’m sorry for being such a dick



Nick looked at the text message for a long period of time. AJ actually apologized? Did he even know the meaning of that concept? Kevin must have put him up to it. He then took a deep breath and braced himself for the voice mail. He hit the play button and listened. It wasn’t Kimberly…instead it was Angel. He groaned as he listened to his frantic sister go on and on about how terribly sorry she was. Her voice was broken and he could tell she was doing the best she could to hold back her tears. Yeah, he knew what he said to her was a bit harsh. But the fucking double date was a set up! How could she do that out of all people?!? It still irked him, but he knew he couldn’t stay mad at her. He’d possibly give her a call later…maybe. Right now she was the last person he wanted to see. He erased the message and glanced over to the marble table and that was when he saw a piece of paper that was folded. He was so hysterical when Kimberly broke up with him he drank himself to sleep. He opened it up and saw it was a letter.


Nick, I know how lame it is of me to be writing you this instead of telling you in person. But by the time you read this, I’ll be gone and I needed you to know that I love you so much and you must know that I’d never do anything to ever hurt you. I know you must hate me and you don’t understand why I did what I did. I’m no good for you, I don’t know how you don’t see that. With the boys is where you belong. I don’t fit in your lifestyle. You need a girl that won’t make you look bad, that won’t get your friends talking “Why the hell is he with her?” I know to you it sounds stupid, but it’s not. I was hurting you by staying with you. I was ruining your life. I mean I was the main reason why you left the Backstreet Boys in the first place and don’t tell me I’m not, because we know I am. I want you to go on with your life, I want you to be happy. You were with those boys for so long and they are your family. The only thing I want from you is to work things out with them. You love them and they love you and they don’t want to lose their baby brother. I learned if you love something you need to let them go and I’m letting you go, Nick. I’m always going to treasure the time we had together, you made me the happiest girl alive and I know you’re going to make others happy. Others that deserve your love. I know you’re going to have a wonderful and fulfilling life…a better one now that I’m out of it. You’ll see. I promise.

OXOX
Kim….your Baby Angel



Nick could feel his eyes stinging and he squeezed them shut tightly, but the tears were too much and they leaked from his closed lids. He tightly squeezed the paper in his hand. No, how could she think he’d be able to have a wonderful fulfilling life is she wasn’t in it? She made his life happy…she made him happy. He had a reason to smile. This was bullshit…fucking bullshit! He grabbed his phone and scrolled until it reached her name and he hit the call button. It rang a few good times until the voice mail picked up. He left her a long message…an angry message. He let her know exactly how he felt, he let her know that everything she wrote in the letter was nothing but horseshit. If he made her so fucking happy why did she have to leave? For the band? That’s bullshit! No band is worth breaking up over. There was more to it, there had to have been. It was another guy wasn’t it? She met someone else, she must have. But what could this creep give her that he couldn’t? He’d give her the world. The only thing he ever wanted was for her to be happy and for the most part she was happy. He always caught her smiling…and he could see it in her eyes when she ripped out his heart and ate it that she was miserable. He wasn’t going to let her go…he was going to fight for her. He was going to prove to her that he didn’t give a fuck about the Backstreet Boys. She was the only thing that he cared for and he was going to make her see it either she liked it or not. An hour later he called her phone again and got another voice mail and so he left her another message, but this time he sounded more pleading. He called her again and again. After it seemed like he called her over a dozen times it was hitting eight at night. It seemed hopeless. She was ignoring him. This was so childish! Why didn’t she just pick up the damn phone?!? Why didn’t she just tell him off if she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore? What was she so afraid of? When it was hitting nearly ten he called her one last night.

“Nick, you need to stop this,” said the female voice.

Hope filled inside him, but soon ended quickly as he recognized the voice and he sighed, “Ashley, please,” he begged. “Just let me talk to her.”

“She doesn’t want to talk to you,” she said in a hard voice.

“What the fuck did I do?”

Ashley could hear the pain in his voice and she let out a sigh, “Nick, I’ve tried to talk to her, I have but her mind is set. I like you, you know I do…but she’s made her choice. You gotta face it…its over.”

“I love her,” he wept in his broken voice.

“I know you do,” she said in a much kinder tone. “But leaving mean voice mails and calling constantly is not going to make her want you back. Just cool it and I’ll do what I can, okay?”

“What am I supposed to do? Just let her go? I can’t lose her.”

Ashley let out a loud sigh, “Listen Nick, I don’t know what to tell you…just that if you love something you gotta let it go.”

“That’s fucking bullshit!” He yelled, “If you let something go, it means you give up and I’m not giving up on her.”

“Goodbye, Nick.” And moments later, she hung up the phone.

Nick was so angry he flung his phone and tossed it across the room and ran his fingers through his hair. She really didn’t want him back and she was all the way in California…there was no way of working this out, not if she kept on ignoring him. And by the looks of it, Ashley wasn't going to to help. How the hell could she say he should just let her go? Maybe Kimberly told her to tell him that. It killed him to know that there wasn’t a damn thing he could do to make her change his mind. Nick needed to make this stop, he had to make this feeling go away or it was going to kill him. He walked down the stairs and opened his refrigerator and pulled out a beer. As he was chugging that down he heard a knock at his front door. What the fuck entered his mind. He walked over to it and opened the door only to see AJ standing there. Oh how he’d love nothing more than to just to rip his insides out from what he had done. He was pleased when he saw that his lip was pretty swollen from the swing he caused the night before and his nose wasn’t looking too great either.

“What do you want?” He hissed, “Don’t you think you’ve done enough?”

“Did you get my text?” He casually asked.

“Yeah, what of it?”

AJ let out a defeating sigh, “I’m really sorry, man. I-I don’t know what got into me…I don’t know why I did what I did or said what I said. I’d give anything to take it back…I guess…I thought that she was just another one of those girls. You know? The ones where we have to look out for? I mean remember your last ex? I warned you about her and you didn’t believe me and you didn’t believe me about this one either so I did what I thought I had to do.”

Nick glared at him with icy eyes, “I’m a big boy. I think I know how to fucking take care of myself. Now because of your stupid stunt she left me…so I hope you’re happy!”

“Not really,” he mumbled. He then looked up into Nick’s tinted eyes, “I hate how much this is killing you. I shouldn’t have given you the shit I did…I guess really what I was afraid of was losing you. You were my best friend.”

Nick looked at him annoyed, “You fucking told Kim she was the reason the Backstreet Boys broke up because you were afraid of losing me?!?” Anger flowed through his voice, “Are you fucking kidding me?!?” He aggressively ran his hands through his hair, “How the hell would you lose me? None of you were going to lose me, but it’s when you started pulling this kind of shit that made me think about leaving.”

“I’m really sorry, man,” he grumbled. He sighed, “I’ll apologize to Kim, I’ll fix everything.”

Nick shook his head, “It’s too late…we’re over. It’s done.” Pain overflowed in his words and it felt as though a dark literally was puncturing his heart. He looked at AJ with his moist eyes and shook his head, “I need to get out of here.”

AJ looked at him dumbfounded, “What?”

Nick quickly chugged down the rest of his beer before saying, “Let’s go out somewhere. Beer just isn’t doing it for me. Are you in or am I going alone?”

He looked at Nick surprised, but nodded and said, “Yeah…yeah, I’m in.” Although he suddenly felt unsure…was this really a good idea?

“Good, let’s go.” He didn’t wait for AJ to follow and he grabbed his car keys and left the house. AJ sighed, not liking the way he felt, but he followed Nick anyway.


“What did he want?” Sniffled Kimberly, as she was curled up on the couch with her knees to her chin and her arms wrapped around her legs.

Ashley sat down next to her and softly sighed, “He’s really torn about this, Kim. Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, this is killing him. Hell, look at you, you’re miserable. You love him and he’s in love with you. Why don’t you talk to him?”

She shook her head, “I can’t,” she whispered. “He’ll get over me. I’m doing this for his own good.”

“How?” She demanded, “The guy is a fucking wreck. He was begging me to talk to you. It was killing me to say no. So how is this helping him?”

Kimberly looked at her with her torn green eyes, “You should have seen the despair in his eyes, Ash. When the guys were fighting…you could see how much he missed them and the fact that they didn’t approve of me…” she shook her head. “I’m the reason he was feeling like that. If they approved of him dating me, then he’d be fine and dandy, but if I never came into the picture at all, they’d still be together. Sure they had problems, but I think I was the fuel that caused the explosion. Trust me, I know what I’m doing.”

Ashley shook her head, “I don’t think you do. He’s made it clear that you’re not the reason. I mean last time you guys were apart for not even two weeks and it nearly killed you! How do you expect to get over this? The worst part of it is, you’re the one that’s causing the damage. I don’t think you’re thinking clearly…and I’m worried about you.”

“Sometimes you need to hurt someone when you love them. I've never thought about anything more clear...I love him, Ash and I guess love makes people do crazy things. And don’t be. I’ll be fine,” she reassured. Although deep down she wasn’t too sure. She felt like someone was taking her heart and squeezing it tightly in their grasp. Would this pain never end? She prayed Nick didn’t feel like this…but if he did, she knew he’d get over her quickly. He’d be fine and once he was fine, maybe she’d be able to cope with this…she knew it wasn’t likely, but she could try. She knew she’d never love another man like how she loved him. But his happiness had to become hers; she was so in love with him she was willing to do anything for him. Even self-sacrifice.


Nick and AJ walked into some club down in Tampa. Nick went straight to the bar, he ordered a few shots. He looked terrible and AJ could feel the guilt eating at him alive. He watched as girls swarmed him like moths to a light. He even bought a few girls some shots as well. AJ caved in and had a few himself and soon enough, girls were crowding him as well.


“So man, I wanna ask you something?” Said AJ as he stood by the urinal, as the liquor he had devoured left his body.

“Whas that?” Slurred Nick, as he did the same.

“What’s with Backstreet? Are you done or what?”

Nick zipped up his pants and walked over to the sink to wash his hands and he shrugged, “I dons know…” it seemed no matter how much alcohol he consumed the ache in his heart was still there. Would this pain never decrease? He thought about Kimberly, the whole purpose of her leaving him….for the fucking band! He looked at AJ whom was standing beside him and he shrugged, “I guess I might as well,” he murmured. He would do it for her…only her. He loved her and he’d grant her that one request.

AJ half smiled, “It’s great to have ya back, buddy!”

“It’s great to be back,” he said with everything, but enthusiasm. “Come on, let’s go…there’s this one chick I had my eye on.” He then stumbled out of the bathroom. AJ walked with him and that was when he saw some girl wrapping her arms around Nick. He drunkenly kissed her as his hands moved down her body. Things were back to how they used to be. He had Nick as his whore magnet and drinking buddy again and the band was back together. The only expense? Nick’s happiness...
Numb The Pain by Cartersbitch
Author's Notes:
I just wanted to give thanks to Bucsgrl1982 for helping me with some stuff in this chapter. You rock, girl! ;p
~ Chapter 27~



Kimberly woke up in her new bed. She wiped the crust from her eyes and she once again had cried herself to sleep. She sat up and looked at her phone that was lying flat on the side table near her bed. She hesitated for a minute, but then grabbed it and could feel disappointment wash over her. Still nothing. Nick had not called her ever since Ashley spoke to him. She should be relieved…he no longer left hurtful mails. When she first heard the voice mail of his reaction to the letter she had written him, she couldn’t believe how angry he was. Sure, she knew he was going to be upset...but not that upset! She only told him the truth. The cruel things he said…it was mind blowing. It was almost like, how could he say such things if he ever claimed to love her? She tried to erase what was said from her mind, but it was still fresh. As she thought about it, she could feel the tears swelling in her eyes.


So it’s not enough that you have to break up with me…but you had to leave me a letter that is full with fucking bullshit?!? What are you trying convince yourself of? That I don’t want you because you don’t run the fucking runway, Kim? You were the girl for me…you are the girl for me! Do you know what really pisses me off? The fact that you say you love me…if you fucking loved me you would not have did what you did. You don’t break up with someone because of a fucking band, Kim! What’s the matter with you? I know there is a lot more that you’re not telling me…what did you have a guy on the sidelines? If you were cheating on me fucking tell me don’t lie. You know I would have given you anything, so why Kim…why? You know what let’s ask a better question. Why do I always let some girl fuck me over? I never thought anyone would ever hurt me as bad as Paris…but guess what? We have a winner! So go claim your prize…oh wait you did, didn’t you? I have nothing else to say other than I can’t even comprehend this fucking shit you wrote. It’s nothing but bullshit and you know it and if you actually believe this garbage then I have nothing left to say to you.


Kimberly just couldn’t believe how cruel he was…but she rather him be cruel. It made it easier…a little bit anyway. She figured since he was so pissed off from the letter that would be the end of it…but she was far from wrong. Nick had called almost ten times that night. It was one voice mail that killed her…it killed her when she heard the pain and agony in his voice. Oh how she just wanted to pick up the phone and call him and tell him how terribly sorry she was and that she wanted to fix things. But she had to hold her ground…it wouldn’t be fair to him. She couldn’t let him ruin his life, she wouldn’t allow it. He had no future if he was with her…no matter what he thought. She laid back down onto the bed and as much as she tried to force the pain in his voice out of her mind, it was impossible. Two tiny little rivers rolled down her cheeks as it kept on playing repeat in her head.


Baby Angel, I’m so sorry for the way I acted. I shouldn’t have said what I did, I’m so sorry. I was just upset and I’m sorry. I miss you so much…I-I just can’t seem to function without you. I need you back with me, Kim. I’ll do anything…this is killing me. I feel like someone is taking my heart and ripping it apart…slowly piece by piece. Please Kim…please don’t let us end like this. I need you…I don’t think you even realize how much I do. I know you think you’re doing the right thing because you rather me having a career with the guys, but I don’t care about them. I really don’t. You’re the only one I care about…I feel like I’m slowly dying. Please Baby Angel, I’m begging you…don’t leave me. I love you…I love you so much. Come back home…I’ll do anything…fuck I’ll even go back to Backstreet if you come back. Just don’t let this be it for us…please. Call me later I really want to talk to you about this. I’ll be waiting for your call.


Her phone beeped and she jumped, looking at it and saw that it was Ashley asking if she was awake. Sadness overcame her as she knew Nick was never going to text her or call her again. She could feel the pain in her chest slowly starting to devour her heart. Maybe he stopped calling because he did what she asked…he moved on with his life. But why was she so upset? Isn’t this what she wanted? As she thought about that, it killed her a little inside. She quickly wiped her eyes. She had to stop with this. She was the one to break up with him, she was the one that wanted him to move on with his life. She couldn’t dwell over him like this. Nick had moved on with his life and she knew it was time for her to do that same. But was that even possible? She knew she had no choice, it was time to make a new chapter in her life.

There was a knock at the door, “Kim?” Called her friend.

Kimberly quickly sat up and jumped to her feet. She walked towards the door and opened it. She half smiled, “Hey.”

Ashley saw the red surrounding her green eyes and she sighed, “How you doing today?”

She nodded, “I’m doing good. I just woke up. How are you?”

She shrugged, “I’m alright. Listen, I need to do some shopping. Want to come?”

Kimberly nodded, “Yes, please. I need to get new clothes anyway. Let me get dressed.”

“Okay, I’ll be waiting downstairs.”


Kimberly walked down the stairs wearing her hair up in messy ponytail and some faded jeans and a red shirt. She only had on some light make up and the only set of jewelry she was wearing was a necklace. “Okay, I’m ready,” she said, with a weak smile.

Ashley looked up at her and smirked, “Don’t you look cute.” She then stood up and walked over towards her friend and she noticed the necklace, “That’s cute. When did you get that?”

Kimberly swallowed hard and walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a can of coke. She snapped it open and took a long sip. She then cleared her throat, “Um…Nick gave it to me,” she said above a whisper; trying with all her might to stop the tears from emerging. Ashley walked over to her and wrapped her arms tightly around her and Kimberly squeezed her tight. Tears rolled down her face and onto Ashley’s hot pink shirt, “I hate this,” she wept.

“I know sweetie,” she said in a soothing voice. “You’re not going to get over him over night. I mean it’s only been what? A week?”

Kimberly pulled away and wiped her drowning eyes, “I know but still…it sucks.”

“Maybe you should take that necklace off?” She suggested, “It’s only going to give you memories.”

“It will give me memories,” she agreed. “The best memories I could ever have.”

Ashley shook her head in disapproval, “You know what, I’m really confused. Why the hell don’t you call up the guy and talk to him? You’re fucking miserable!”

“No! I can’t do that, Ash. I told you why.”

“You’re reason is fucking horseshit!” She growled.

Kimberly cried out a small laugh, “Nick said the same thing.”

She shook her head baffled at her friend, “You’re one of a kind, Kim. I don’t know what to do about you…you’re going to end up…hell, I don’t even know where. I just really hope you get that head of yours on straight.”

“It’s on just fine,” she argued.

“If you say so,” she mumbled. “Well, let’s go shopping. It’ll get our mind off the opposite sex for a while.” And just as she said that, her phone went off. She looked at it and she couldn’t help, as a smirk formed around her mouth.

“Who is that?” Wondered Kimberly, as they walked to the car.

“Ray,” she said, with half smile.



Nick had woken up early and headed down to the studio to work on some things. Whenever he felt like he was going to implode, going down there always seemed to help him. It was like his therapy. He had been writing a lot the past few days. His emotions were eating him alive. He had finished one song and after he sang it out, he felt the pain slowly lessen.


Kevin walked into the studio with the four other guys. They needed to work on some songs for a surprise album for the fans since they’ve been out of the loop for a little bit. That was when they found Nick in the singing booth. They all looked a little perplexed. They saw John, one of the mangers watching him with his arms folded and pleased.

Kevin walked over to him, “What’s up?” He glanced over at Nick, “What’s he doing in there?”

He shrugged, “He called me early this morning and asked if he could record some stuff. The guy’s been there all day.”

Howie turned the speaker on so they could listen to Nick as he sang. AJ’s head shot up as he heard the song and he looked at Kevin stupefied. Kevin looked back over at Nick and he stared at him in dismay. He was singing with pure emotion it almost made him want to tear up.

“Is that one of our new songs?” Wondered Brian.

He shook his head, “I don’t think so,” he murmured as the lyrics began to haunt him.


Feels like I'm looking in from outside
Can't get in
It's a fight I can't win
It's no use
Now that you've gone away
I know that it's too late
So much I want to say to you
Oh, but I can't get through

I'm screaming out
I can't make a sound
And I don't know how to move on
Wish I could just go back
But I can't do that
It's too late
It's a fact
You're gone



“That was really great, Nick,” said John through the microphone that was attached to Nick’s headpiece. “The guys are here now. So why don’t you take a quick break.”

Nick quickly wiped his eyes with his thumb and finger, “Alright, John.” He took off the headset and left the booth. He looked over at the others, “What’s up?” He wondered, as he took a long sip of his bottled water.

“What was that?” Questioned Howie in astonishment.

He shrugged, “It was just something I was working on that’s all.”

“That was a really beautiful song,” Brian told him impressed.

He half smiled, “Thanks.”

AJ looked at him with guilt in his eyes. He hated how he could feel the pain through Nick’s vocals, “When did you write it?”

“I don’t’ know,” he answered. “Over the past couple of days. Anyway, I’m gonna grab something to eat then we can work on the other songs, okay?”

Kevin nodded, “It’s fine. Take your time.”

Nick just faked a smile with his lips pressed together and he then left the building, feeling the tears burning through his eyes until they rolled down his cheeks. Fuck, when would this stop?


After the boys sang a few songs in the studio for the surprise CD for the fans they had to go to a photo shoot. Somehow Brad pulled strings and they were getting ready for the Rolling Stones shoot. He was a life saver. How he did it was beyond Kevin, all he knew was that Brad was a miracle worker. The Backstreet Boys were to be on next month’s cover. Brad watched as Nick walked in with the guys and how he didn’t fuss about the makeup he hated to wear or when the hair stylist toyed with his hair. He was acting very professional…something he wasn’t quite used to with him.

“What did you do to Nick?” He asked Kevin, as Nick posed for the camera when the boys did their own solo shots. Nick posed the way the photographer ordered him to. He looked happy in front of the camera; he had a spark about him that made the female fans go crazy. It was only when Nick was away from the flashing lights when Kevin saw the real him. Over the past few days there was no life to him what so ever. He was like a shell; he was dead inside. Kevin could see the pain his little brother was going through, although he was doing a fantastic job hiding it from the fans.

Kevin looked at him for a second and wondered if Brad could see the lifeless man standing in front of the camera as well, “What do you mean?”

“He’s on time; he’s not fussy about the wardrobe. I know he was sick and all, but damn…whatever it is I hope he keeps it up!”

Only if Brad knew the truth, if only he knew that he was never sick, the band broke up for a short while. Only if he knew how much agony Nick was in. He was only acting the way that he was because it were as if he stopped caring, he felt like a robot. He did what he was told to do; he was a lifeless shell. It killed Kevin inside and Kevin could see it was bothering AJ as well. Although AJ seemed to be taking advantage of his vulnerable stage. He would take Nick and they’d party for hours at a time and that worried Kevin. Nick was feeling reckless, he’d do anything to get his mind off Kimberly and it seemed that liquor was his best friend. He knew he wanted to feel numb, he wanted to stop the hurt. Only if Kevin knew how to help him…only if he knew a way to get Kimberly and him back together.

“Uh, we just had a talk that’s all,” shrugged Kevin.

“It must have been some talk! Okay, well it’s time for a group shot.”

Kevin walked over towards Nick and the other three joined in for the shoot as well. The spark lit up in Nick’s eyes once again as he faked the heart melting smile that made girls swoon.


“So how long has this been going on?” Wondered Kimberly as they cruised down the mall. “I thought you didn’t want to date Ray because of the distance?”

“Well, that doesn’t mean we can’t still talk,” replied Ashley as she took a turn into a small store. She found a rack of cute pink tops, “Ooh, this would look good on you,” she said with a smile.

Kimberly half smiled and took the shirt Ashley was holding up and pressed it against her, “It is cute,” she admitted. “It would go with my jean skirt.”

Ashley could sense the lack of enthusiasm in her friend’s voice. She walked over to her and put her hand on her shoulder, “It’ll be okay you know.”

Kimberly nodded, “I know…I’ll be fine. It’s just going to take a little bit to adjust that’s all.”

“Kim, why don’t you just call him?”

“I can’t,” she croaked out.

“And why not?”

“Because…I’m the one that broke up with him. I have to keep my word, I’m going to let him get on with his life. I’ll be fine.”

Ashley shook her head in dismay, “No, you won’t. You love him.”

Kimberly wiped away the tear that started to roll down her face, “Yes,” she agreed. “And if you love someone, you need to do what’s best for them. This is what’s best for him.” She cleared his throat, “I heard on the radio that boys are going to be in Canada in two weeks. They wouldn’t be going if I was still with him. He’ll be okay,” she said with a forced smile.

“It’s not him I’m worried about.”

“Don’t worry, Ash. Things will be fine.” Kimberly glanced over and saw a cute rack of skirts, “Ooh, check these out.”

Ashley sighed as she watched Kimberly continue with this terrible charade. She faked a smile, “Very cute.” She decided she had to stop bringing it up, nothing was going to change her mind. She somehow thought in the back of her mind what she was doing for Nick was the best thing…but in fact it was probably the worst.


Nick walked into his house and let out a loud sigh. He was pleased that he recorded the song he had written it came out better than he had intended. He walked into his studio and sat down on the chair that was at granite desk. He looked through the papers as he read more of the lyrics he had drot down. As he was working on another song, he heard the doorbell ring. He groaned and got up to answer it. He looked annoyed when he saw who was standing there, “What do you want?”

Her brown eyes looked hurt from his tone, “I-I wanted to see you. You haven’t talked to me in over a week. I had to see if you were okay.”

“Of course I’m not okay, Angel!” He snapped and walked back into the house, only to go into the refrigerator to grab a beer.

His sister followed him, “I know you hate me, Nick. Benny was right. What I planned backfired.”

“Ya think?!?” He hissed before snapping it open, ‘You’re little stunt caused me my whole relationship!”

“I know,” she choked. Her chocolate eyes began to swell, “I’m so sorry, Nick. I never meant for this to happen. I even tried to call her and she wouldn’t answer the phone calls.” That time tears began to slowly roll down her face, “I-I’m trying to fix the mess I caused, but it seems hopeless. God, I’m so sorry.”

Nick sighed and wrapped an arm around his sister, “I know you didn’t mean for this to happen. No one did.” He then shrugged, “Shit happens and life moves on. Your heart was in the right place.”

She wrapped both of her arms around him and squeezed him tight, “I’d do anything if I could take back that night.” Tears flowed down her cheeks, “I’m so sorry, Nick,” she repeated.

“Hey, hey. It’s okay.” He bent down and kissed her on the head, “I’ll be fine. This isn’t the first time this has happened, ya know? I’ll deal like I always do.”

Angel pulled away and looked up at her brother, “But this time is different, Nick. She didn’t use you or lie about something just to get you to get her something.”

Nick was doing his hardest to fight his true emotions. All he wanted to do was lash out at Angel and say the cruelest things he could think of to her. He was madly in love with Kimberly and there was nothing he could do or say to win her back…all because of Angel…his own blood. He pushed her away and turned to his beer to chug it down. He sat down at the table and could feel the tears sting, “Maybe you should just go,” he said through his torn voice.

Angel looked at him surprised by his sudden change of attitude, “What?” She sat down next to him, “So you are mad at me…”

He looked at her with his suffering blue eyes, “Do you not know how much I was in love with her? Do you not know how happy I was with her?” His voice bitter.

“You know I do…but I felt your judgment was clouded from being with her. I was worried you didn’t care about your career with the boys.”

“I didn’t!” He shouted, “Was I talking in different language when I told you that before? I don’t fucking care about them. Kim made me happy, I hadn’t been happy in a long time, Angel and finally when I’m where I belong, someone takes it from me.” Nick looked at her livid, “If it weren’t for you and AJ putting shit in her head she would still be with me!”

Angel looked up at her brother with heart wrenching eyes, “Nick, I never once said anything to Kim about the band.” She sighed and stood up, “I just wanted to come on by to check up on you. I love you and again, I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I’ll do all I can to fix it.”

He shook his head, “Don’t bother. It’s done and over with. She and I through. So give yourself a nice pat on the back.”

She felt more tears trinkling down her face, “God, Nick,” she said in a heartbreaking voice. “I’ll see you later.” She stormed to the door, not believing her brother and how he would be so cruel when just moments ago he was acting as though it was alright. Saying that life moves on, that he’ll get over it.

“You wanna know something,” he miserably said, as he took a sip of his beer. “This feels like déjà vu.”

She turned her head and glanced at her despairing brother, “What?” She asked confused.

“Last time you were here is when you were cruel to her at the mall. You know, telling her I thought she was using me and all that. Now you’re here because you pushed her out of my life. It doesn’t really feel like much of a coincidence…does it?”

Angel could feel herself become heated, “What are you saying?!?” She hissed.

He glared at her with hard moist eyes, “I’m saying you never liked her. It was all an act, Angel. You’re just like AJ. Apparently no one is good enough for me unless they’re fake and have a load of cash.”

Her draw dropped, “How the hell could you even say that to me? You know I liked her! Fuck, I’m trying to fix the mess I caused.”

“Mmm-hmm. I’m sure you are. Just get out,” he coolly said.

She shook her head in outrage, “I can’t fucking believe you!” She left the apartment and slammed the door shut as hard as she could.

Once Angel had left, that was when he felt the warm tears make their way down his face. And he dropped his head down into his arms on the table and sobbed like a child. He didn’t know what possessed him to say such hateful things towards the only family member that only wanted to help him. He just couldn’t bare the pain in his chest, it was slowly killing him. He needed to get out of the house, he needed to stop thinking about her. He grabbed his phone and started to text AJ.


Let’s go out
I wanna get fucked up tonight



The more he drank the less he thought about her and that’s what he needed. It numbed him just enough where he didn’t care anymore.


Uh sure where to?
You okay bud?



Of course he wasn’t okay! Why the hell was everyone asking that when they clearly knew the answer. Did they think he should be happy that the only girl in God knows how old long made him happy left him? That she left him all because she thought she was doing him a favor?


Yeah I’m fine
Just having a shit ass day
Let’s go to that Penthouse Club
Ton of hotties there and I need a distraction
Meet me at my place in an hour



He knew there were a lot of whores that went to that place. He went there once with some buddies of his a few years back. He couldn’t believe the way some of the girls threw themselves at him and how they threw themselves at his friends…although that was the whole point of going. He promised he’d get them some pussy and he did. Girls did anything for him with the snap of a finger…even have sex with other men he asked them to just as long as he at least acted as if they existed. He would only need to make small talk, flirt with them, put an arm around them and they caved. He hated girls like that; he hated girls that would do anything for him. He loved how Kimberly had her own mind, how she knew what she wanted and went for it. Unfortunately what she wanted wasn’t him and he knew there was no way of getting her back. So because his depression went into overdrive he was compelled by seeing those girls that he hated most…he knew if he was drunk enough and fucking another girl all he would care about was the sex. Kimberly wouldn’t enter his mind…not until the next morning and then he’d feel worse than scum, but he’d deal with that when it came to it.


Alright I’ll see you then



AJ looked up at the clock and saw it was hitting seven. He'd probably make it to Nick's around quarter of nine. As he stepped in the shower, he could feel the guilt start to eat him once again. He pressed his head against the wall of the shower as the water beat down on his back. The way Nick was acting wasn't the same as he used to be. Nick isn't fun anymore, all he cared about was getting fucked up. He didn't even care what girl he got with, just as long as it was someone. He was in pure pain and everyone could see it. AJ was starting to get worried about his friend. He was drinking far too much lately, even more than him. Kevin talked to him earlier in the day and told him about his fears about Nick. At first AJ thought he was just being overprotective, but slowly he was seeing it too.

Nick was slowly trying to kill himself.
Breaking Point by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 28 ~



Sandy looked at her friend in almost disbelief as they entered the loud club, “How the hell did you ever manage into getting us in here?” She demanded, as her eyes skimmed the dark room that was lit by long thin blue lights. She saw that there were a few girls dancing on polls in a very sexual manner, wearing only a G-string and a top that was so tight she was waiting for it to split in two from their bust.

Laura smirked and raised an eyebrow, “Let’s just say I have my ways. I know one of the bouncers. I met him last night.”

Sandy looked at her disapproving, “New boyfriend already?”

Laura could sense the disapproval in her voice, “Fuck no! I’ve decided it’s too hard for me to say commented to just one guy. Look at what Ronny did to me. I never wanna feel like that ever again. Men are only good for one thing anyway.”

She raised one of her thin red eyebrows, “What he did to you?” She gave out a laugh, “Come on Laura, really? You wanted to fuck that stupid Backstreet Boy, that’s why he left you.”

Laura glared at her with hard eyes, “Are you on his side? I thought you were my best friend?!?” Pain and betrayal cried in her words.

Sandy let out a loud sigh, “Oh come on, Laura. Don’t go pulling this again.” She hated how she loved to give guilt trips, it made her question their friendship. Sandy liked Ronny a lot and when she saw the pain Laura had put him through, it killed her. Sandy could never let her know that though. She could never let her friend know that she had feelings for him. Maybe if he felt the same she'd mention it, but she knew clearly that Ronny didn't have any romantic feelings for her. He only looked at her like a sister. He told her that last time they hung out when she tried to kiss him. She could feel rejection take over her once again. She embraced Laura into a tight hug, “You know I love you and you are my best friend. Come on, let’s go get a drink!”

The two girls walked up to the bar. Laura smiled at the handsome bartender and leaned over so her black low cut shirt allowed her breasts to give a little tease. “Hello, can I please have a Sex On The Beach?”

He grinned and started to flirt with her and gave her the drink on the house; which made him even more appealing to him.

Sandy watched as Laura tried to seduce the handsome bartender. She looked around the club and thought maybe this wasn't her kind of place. She saw how all the other girls were dressed. Sandy was only wearing a jean skirt and a white belly shirt. Nothing skin tight. As her eyes skimmed the room her eyes met with a chocolate pair. She watched as he grinned and raised one of his dark brown eyebrows at her. Her heart began to beat a little faster, “Oh my,” she gasped. “I think this hottie over there is checking me out.”

“Then go have fun with him,” ordered Laura, not even looking. All her attention was to the bartender, whom had just given her his number.

Sandy looked at her friend and saw she didn't have a care in the world. She glanced back over at the man and he motioned for her to come here. She just shrugged and walked over towards him. He had a lot of tattoos, she usually wasn’t into that, but they looked really good on him and his eyes were so hypnotizing. “Hi. My name’s Sandy,” she said, smiling flirtatiously.

He licked his lips and grinned, “I’m AJ.” He then wrapped his arm around her, “So tell me, sweet thang. What’s a beautiful creature like yourself, doing all alone?”

She softly chuckled at him, he obviously had a few drinks in him, “Well, I’m not really alone. I’m with my girlfriend. She’s over there at the bar flirting it up with some bartender.”

AJ raised both of his eyebrows and smirked, “So does that mean I have you all to myself?”

She giggled, “It looks like it does.”

“Mmm, good. Because I don’t like sharing,” he said in a husky whisper before pressing his lips against hers.



The bartender was starting to bore Laura now. He kept on talking about his second job how he was only a bartender to make some extra cash so he could move to California. Did it look like she cared? She tried to sound interested, but she knew she was failing miserably. She kept on saying uh huh, oh yeah? Really? Awesome. She turned her head and her chocolate brown eyes blew up! She couldn’t believe it, “Well, I’ll be damned,” she mumbled to herself. She found Nick Carter at the same bar shooting shots like they were water. He saw no sign of Kimberly anywhere and Nick looked rather depressed to be completely honest. She turned to the bartender, “Well, it was nice talking to you, but I have somewhere to be.” With that said she walked away and over to where Nick was sitting. Surprisingly there was an empty stool next to him. A few girls were around him, but not many at all. She took a sip of her dink and smiled as she spoke, “Well hi, stranger.”

His glassy eyes glanced at her, he saw it was Laura. She was wearing the tightest shirt, causing her breasts to pop out and for the fabric to grab onto her skin. Her black skirt wasn’t nearly as tight, but it was short that he knew if she bent down her whole ass would be falling out. As she skimmed back up to her face he saw her dark hair was flowed out nicely, making it look like silk. All he could think of was what a whore. But that was why he was here wasn’t he? To meet whores to get his mind of Kimberly. The alcohol was slowly working, but not as fast as he’d like it too. “What you want?” He drunkenly spoke. He looked back at the bartender, “Give me another,” he ordered.

The bartender looked and saw Laura looking at Nick like she wanted to eat him up. Rejection filled in his eyes. He took her number from his pocket and ripped it apart and tossed it into the trash.

Laura pretended she didn't see him. She didn't care about him any longer. Nick was the only thing on her mind. She lost him once already to that former roommate of hers and she wasn't going to lose him again. She smirked deviously as she watched him chug that shot down like it had no taste to him. She seductively chewed on her lip. She was finally going to have him. She was going to blow his freaking mind. She put her hand on his leg and leaned over, “So what are you drinking?” She provocatively asked, “Anything good?”

“Tequila,” he answered and he chugged yet another shot of the powerful liquor and looked at her again. “What do you want?” He demanded in a slurred voice.

She smirked and leaned over towards him so that her lips were touching his earlobe, “You.” Her hand then moved down to his crotch and she rubbed until she felt him become stiff. She loved how he was allowing her to touch him; last time he wouldn't let her touch him with a ten foot pole. She licked her lips and casually asked, “So where’s Kim?”

He ordered another shot and chugged that one as well. Laura couldn't believe how much he was taking in. It was making it easier as she watched the liquor take over. He looked at her with bloodshot eyes, “Don’t know, don’t fucking care.” Pain washed through him as he liquor still hadn’t numbed him completely.

She looked pleased with his response, “I knew she was no good for you, baby,” she murmured and licked his earlobe. Her fingers were tracing through his pants over the thickness of his cock, “How about you let me make you feel good? I promise you won’t be disappointed.”

He turned his head away from her gaze and ordered another and he didn’t even understand the words as they came out of his mouth. It sounded like gibberish as the words all got squashed together. He shot that down and that was when he could no longer feel pain, he could feel nothing except his penis being rubbed over his pants. He looked over at Laura her fingers felt so good, her breasts were so big and her clothes were so tight. He leaned over towards her and cupped her face and engulfed with her a wet kiss, his tongue sloppily going at hers.

She was taken by surprised as she felt his tongue slide down her throat. He was such a aggressive kisser and so forceful. She could feel herself getting turned on just from the kiss alone, “Mmm, Nicky,” she moaned. She pulled away and smirked, “Come on, let’s get out of here. My place or yours?”

He shrugged, “Mine, its closer,” he whispered slowly getting to his feet. Laura grabbed his hand and laced her fingers with his. Oh how she had longed for this moment…finally Nick was going to be hers. Kimberly and him were no more, nothing was stopping them from being together now.

“Laura!” Called Sandy.

She smiled brightly, dying to show the man on her arm off, “Hey, girl. Look who I found.” Her smile was stretched from ear to ear. Nick could barely stand up on his own feet. He kept on swaying; he would have fallen if it weren’t for Laura’s hand being attached to his.

Sandy saw Nick and was surprised. Not only was Nick Carter hand in hand with Laura, but he was completely trashed, “Wow…had a little one too many, huh?”

She smirked, “That’s okay. I’ll take care of him.” She kissed him hungrily on the mouth, slipping her tongue inside his mouth. Nick lazily kissed her back, feeling terribly tired.

AJ looked at Nick with concern, not believing how drunk he already was. His lids kept on closing and it looked as though any moment he was going to pass out. He then saw how happy the girl on his arm was, almost like she had just won the lottery. Nick was a prize to her. He knew there wasn't much he could do except let him have his fun. He faked a smile, “Oh, I bet you will.” He looked at Sandy and grinned feeling a little antsy, “How about I take care of you?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, she then smiled. She couldn't believe this guy really wanted to take her home with him. He looked like he was amazing in bed, although she wasn't quite ready to leave just yet. She licked her lips and said, “Let’s dance some more first. I wanna be drunk. Drunk sex is the best!” Sandy then looked at Laura, “Make sure you drive. I don’t want him killing you.”

“Don’t worry, I will. I only had one drink. See you guys later,” said Laura with a coy smile. She then looked at Nick, “Come on, baby boy. You gotta tell me where you live.”



Angel drove back to her place, feeling tears rolling down her face. How could Nick be so mean? How could he say such hateful things to her? His own sister! She couldn’t believe that he accused her of hating Kimberly and saying she was just like AJ. He really did hate her. There was no fixing the mess she caused. Were the Carters all going their separate ways? Did he not care about the family at all? He was pushing everyone away.

When she walked into her apartment she tried to be as quiet as she could, but the light went on. Benny walked down the stairs with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He had just gotten out of the shower. He saw the tear stains upon her flushed face and immediately rushed over towards her, “Baby, what’s wrong?” He asked, as he wrapped his arms around her.

She softly began to cry as she embraced him, “Nick,” she sobbed. “He hates me. We just got into such a terrible fight.”

Benny escorted her to the couch and they both sat down on it. His arm was still wrapped around her, “What happened?” He kindly asked.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves, “So I went to Nick’s to talk to him, because it’s been a week and he hasn’t bothered to call or text me. I was getting worried. He was annoyed that I was there, but I told him how sorry I was…” she explained how everything was fine or so it seemed and then out of nowhere it was like a fuse got switched and he was a complete jerk to her. Saying that she was just like AJ and that she never liked his girlfriend. “I mean how could he say that to me?” She asked in between her sobs.

Benny let out a loud sigh, “Ang, I really don’t know what to say. He’s just really torn about this. I mean, he was crazy about the girl…I know you thought you were doing the right thing but – ”

“Are you agreeing with him?!?” Hurt filled her voice as more tears overflowed her brown eyes.

“No, baby, no.” He pulled her into him and kissed her on the head, “You know I’m on your side 100% always. It’s just…” he sighed, “I feel for your brother.” He then shrugged, “You just gotta give him time to deal with this. It’s only been a week. Give him a few more weeks. It’s still fresh for him. He knows you meant no harm. It’ll be okay,” he promised.

She shook her head, “I don’t know, Benny. Nick has never treated me like this before.” She looked up at her boyfriend, “We were always so close, he would usually call me a few hours after a fight. I’m starting to think maybe our relationship has hit a turn for the worst.” She then shrugged, “Maybe he wants nothing to do with me now.”

“That’s not true, baby and you know it. Just give him time.” He gently kissed her lips, “Let’s get your mind off this. Want to see a movie?”

She sighed, “Sure.”

He smiled, “Great. Let me get dressed. Then we’ll go out to a nice dinner.”

She cocked her thin brown eyebrow, “Dinner? It’s almost eleven. What’s open?”

Benny smirked as he said, “Denny’s.”

She laughed, “That’s not nice!” She then smiled, Benny always loved going there. She had no idea why, but he did. She finally agreed. He leaped with joy and headed up the stairs to get ready. Angel then let out a loud sigh. What was she going to do about her brother? She prayed things would get better for him. She hated seeing him in such a terrible state and she mostly hated knowing he didn’t even want anything to do with her. She had to fix this, she just had to.



When Laura and Nick arrived at his place, Nick was leaning on her for support. She helped him up the stairs and to where his bedroom was. He collapsed down onto the bed, he was feeling dizzy, but he was numb and that was all that mattered. He didn’t feel anything, he couldn’t feel the pain. He felt fingers playing with his pants and before he could comprehend what was going on he felt a mouth over his hardened cock. He groaned and arced his back, causing his manhood to go deeper into the whore’s throat. She could take it though. She was sucking him off so good. He felt as her tongue worked with his top and her hands massaged his balls. He tangled his fingers in her hair. He felt it was rough and hard from the hairspray. He closed his eyes as he shoved the head down on him an image popped into his head.

“Mmm Baby Angel,” he moaned. The sucking still did not stop as he cried out her name again.

Laura looked at him who was nearly incompetent. He looked so helpless as she looked him over. She could feel jealousy run its course as she heard him mutter Kimberly's name. What was so great about her? She would never understand it. No less she was not going to let that bitch ruin this night for her. It was her turn, “Now let’s have some real fun.”

Nick’s eyes were still closed, he could feel drowsiness over power him. That was when he felt his dick being covered by warmth and wetness. He moaned as he felt the friction of the walls of the pussy. Someone took his hands and placed them on breasts. He gripped them tightly. He looked up, but his eyes were so fuzzy he couldn’t make out the figure on top of him. He half smiled as he thought about her again, “Kim,” he sighed. “I’ve missed you so much.” He then pulled her down on top of him and pressed his lips onto the woman’s, “Don’t leave me again,” he breathed.

Laura’s eyes grew hard, but she could feel hatred for that girl she used to call friend rising. She had to take a deep breath, she could do this. She knew if she wanted this to work she would have to play along, “I’d never leave you,” she whispered over his lips as she pressed his mouth against his once more. His tongue forcefully invaded her mouth. She then sat up and cried out as she rode his throbbing member. She rode him hard, she felt herself getting close as she rocked on him. She screamed out as she felt her orgasm hit. Nick then grabbed onto her hips and he arched his back so he could go deeper. It was harder for him to get off…her walls weren’t nearly as tight as he remembered…he tried not to think about that and only thought about making love to his Baby Angel. Leaving the club with Laura was nothing, but a big blur to him.



Kimberly woke up in a cold sweat. She sat up and ran her hand over her face. She grabbed her phone to look at the time it was almost one in the morning. She got a cold chill and felt her stomach turn into a knot. What was the matter with her? Why did she suddenly fell so ill? She laid back down, playing with her phone. She opened her inbox and read her texts from Nick when they first began to date. Her eyes began to burn as she thought about him. She wondered what he was doing this very moment. She wondered if he ever thought about her…she wondered if he was as miserable as her. She let out a loud sigh. She prayed this would get easier, she hated feeling like this; she hated feeling so empty inside. Her heart was screaming at her to just call him up and beg for forgiveness, but her head kept on reminding him that staying with him would be the worst thing she could possibly do. Wasn’t love supposed to be amazing? It was true. Love was like Heaven but Hurt like Hell. She wanted to go back to it being Heaven…would she ever find happiness without Nick? Would she ever want to? She closed her eyes tightly and forced the tears to stay in her eyes. Missing him felt like someone had taken her oxygen away. She was slowly suffering. How long would it take until she could breathe on her own? Would she ever be able to?



Laura smiled as she woke up, she was nude and next to Nick Carter. Finally after years of waiting she made love to him. She had him and nothing was going to come in between them now. He laid there with his mouth opening and his hair in his face. He was lightly snoring. She never heard anything more beautiful. She laid back down and rested her head back on his chest. His arm drooped around her waist, she loved being in his arms. She felt like a million bucks. Sex with Nick Carter wasn’t what she thought it would be though, it was sloppy. She wondered how good he was sober. Annoyance began to grow inside of her as she remembered how he kept on calling her Kim or Baby Angel. She would prove to him that she was better than her. Laura was the prize not Kimberly.

Nick groaned a painful groan as he put his hand up to his face. His head felt like it was getting slammed by a jackhammer. How many drinks did he have last night? He opened his eyes, and they hurt. He had to squeeze them shut a few times until the burning sensation faded. He half smiled, although he did have a good dream. Being with his Baby Angel again. It felt so good, oh how he wished it was real. What he would have done for it to be real. He felt a body next to him and his heart gave out. Was it not a dream? Did him and Kimberly work things out? He looked down and he wanted to be sick…it wasn’t Kimberly at all. It was…it was LAURA!

She smiled brightly at him, “Mmm, morning, baby.” She pressed her lips against his and gave him a sweet morning kiss.

He looked at her mortified. His stomach was turning, he wanted to be sick, “What the fuck are you doing here in my bed?!?” He shoved her off of him and sat up. Fuck he was naked. No, no he didn’t. No he couldn’t have…how the fuck could he?!? He dropped his face into his hands, and felt nausea run through his system. He had sex with Laura? The woman whom tried enormous times breaking them up. How could this be?

She looked at him angry, “Um you brought me here.”

He looked at her horrified. No it wasn't true...it couldn't be! “I did no such thing!” He jumped out of the bed and began to put his clothes on, “Did you drug me?!?” He raged, “You fucking drugged me, didn’t you?”

She could feel fury run all through her body, “Are you fucking kidding me, Nick?” She got up and began to put on her clothes as well, “I did not drug you. You were all over me last night, if you don’t recall.” What’s a little white lie? He wouldn’t remember anyway, “You told me how you and Kim broke up and that you hated her for it.” She figured if she said how much he vented to her about how Kimberly hurt him, maybe he’d believe it, “You were crying on my shoulder like a sad little puppy. So I asked if you wanted me to take you home since you looked bad. And boom, here we are. And you loved ever fucking minute of it.” She walked over towards him and smiled, “So let’s continue where we left off,” she said, as she wrapped her arms around him. “You were amazing,” she whispered.

He shoved her away from him, causing her to get tossed on the bed, “Get. Out,” he hissed through his teeth.

Laura looked at him appalled and she got up from the bed, “Ex-excuse me?!?”

He glared at her with sharp eyes, “Get the fuck out of my house! You are nothing but a whore to me.” He grabbed his wallet and threw a few twenty dollar bills at her, “There I paid you, now leave.”

She had been called many things, but a prostitute?!? She could feel her eyes burning as tears made their way down her face, “Wow…you are one piece of work.” She shook her head in disgust, “What I ever saw you is beyond me. You’re an asshole. I’m glad Kim broke up with you. Not even Kim wanted you now that’s saying something. I hope you realize what you just threw away, because baby I’m not coming back.”

Her words stung like a knife tearing into his heart, “That's what I'm counting on,” he growled. “Now get the fuck out.”

Laura shook her head in outrage and grabbed her purse along with the money he threw at her. At least now she had taxi money. She slammed the front door shut. Nick nearly collapsed down onto the bed. He dropped his head down to his knees, how he was feeling so sick. This couldn’t be real, this had to have been a bad dream. If this ever got back to Kimberly…he couldn’t even began to think of the pain and betrayal she would feel. All that time he was having that dream of Kimberly doing those things to him, it was really Laura. He felt the bile emerging and he jetted into the bathroom and that was when he felt the load of vomit drop into the toilet. He leaned against the wall of the cool bathroom and dropped his head down to his knees. He kept on repeating I’m sorry over and over in his mind. He knew those two little words would never be enough to repair the damage what he had just caused. He knew sooner or later Kimberly was going to find out and when she did, any hope of trying to restore their relationship was now just a long lost dream.
I Still by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 29 ~


***A Month Later***



Kimberly had just gotten home from her new job at a bank. She was a teller. It was nice she liked it. Slowly it seemed things were finally getting better for her. She would occasionally feel her heart squeeze in agony as she heard Backstreet Boys music play over the radio at her work. She tried not to think about it and wished she could go back to just being a fan again. She loved their music and she loved supporting them, but whenever she heard Nick’s voice it caused nothing but pain. She still wore the Baby Angel necklace; she couldn’t bear to take it off.


Kimberly was on her break at work and she was sitting in the break room with her legs crossed playing with her phone. She saw the battery life was on its last bar so she shut it off to try to keep it alive until she got home to where she could charge it. She took a sip of her Pepsi. She glanced down at the table and noticed a magazine. It was the Rolling Stones. She shrugged; she had about ten more minutes until she was due back to work and needed something to do. She pulled it out and her green eyes expanded when she saw who was on the cover. She could feel her heart tighten as she looked over the photo. The Backstreet Boys were on the cover. How in the world? She asked herself. She remembered Nick and the boys got into a huge fight because of this photo shoot, all because he ditched it to see her. Sadness washed over her as she remembered she was the reason why they began fighting in the first place. She cleared her throat, she couldn’t think about that. She was out of his life now, and because of that she was no longer a distraction to him or his work. She half smiled as she looked over his picture. Nick was wearing a blue suit with blue sunglasses. His hair wild like the wind, his tie loosened and his shirt untucked. She could feel her stomach do a flip. She smirked, she still had a little fandom in her. How could she not? She opened it up and turned to the page where they had an interview. She began to read it and her eyes got fixated on another picture of Nick. He was wearing a black tank top, showing his tattoos and once again his hair was wild. His eyes were so blue they matched the ocean. She traced over his photo with her index finger. That time she felt her heart cry in despair and her eyes began to sting. She cleared her throat; she had to stop with this. She began to read the article the boys did and she was pleased to know they had finished a small little record. She was really happy they got back into making music together, she was terribly worried he wouldn’t listen to her and he’d remain broken up with the Backstreet Boys, even after her departure. Her eyes skimmed the interview and she felt tears emerge as she read what Nick had said.


Interviewer: So Nick, you were out of it for quite a while. What happened? Rumor has it that you were pretty sick.

Nick: Sick? Nah…well I was kind of love sick (laughs)I guess you could say.

Interviewer: Love sick? Is there a special girl in your life?

Nick: There was. Her name was…(pauses) Let’s just say she’ll always have a special place in my heart. She’s my Baby Angel. It’s one of those rare relationships that moves you so badly you don’t know how to handle it.


Kimberly pressed the magazine to her chest and wrinkled it with her embrace. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, trying to force the tears to stay in. She didn’t want her make up to run. She took a long sip of her drink before standing up. She put the magazine down and traced the photo of Nick one more time before returning back to work.


“Look, I already told you, she isn’t here!” Growled Ashley on the phone as Kimberly walked through the front door.

She looked at her confused, “Who’s that?” She lipped.

Ashley let out a loud sigh, “You know what, you’re lucky because she just walked in. But I swear to God if you upset her in anyway I will fucking go down there and rip off your balls myself! She dealt with far too much already, do you got that?” She hissed. Kimberly looked at her best friend with eyes wide open, never had she seen such wrath from her. Ashley then cleared her throat and looked at her, “Someone wants to talk to you,” she flatly said and handed her the phone.

She was almost afraid to talk to the person on the other end. She cleared her throat, “Hello?”

“Hey…hey, Kim,” said the somewhat familiar voice.

Kimberly sat down on the couch, “Who is this?”

He cleared his scratchy throat, “It’s uh…it’s AJ.”

She felt her throat close up and her stomach flip. What was he doing calling her? Did he want to call to gloat? Saying that Nick was much happier now that she was out of the picture? She got that, she read the damn interview, she knew he was doing better, “Did you…did you need something?”

He let out a loud, “I don’t even know where to start,” his voice remorseful. “I just…I just have to start off by saying I am so sorry, Kim. For everything!”

She didn’t know how to comprehend. The man that thought she was the most disgusting person on the face of the Earth was apologizing to her? She knew she should have been the bigger person but she wasn’t thinking and her emotions just flowed out. “You really hurt me. I never did anything to you.”

“I know, I know. And fuck, if I could go back and stop from treating you the way I did, I would in a heartbeat. I was a fucking jealous bastard. All I saw was some bitch stole Nick away from me. I felt you stole my best clubbing buddy.”

Kimberly could not believe what she was hearing. That was the reason?!? “That’s why you were always so mean to me?” She asked in disbelief.

He cleared his throat again feeling it clog up, “Yeah…I wanted Nick to break up with you, because I wanted him back.”

She fought to keep her angry tears in her eyes, “Well, you won,” she said in a broken voice. “You got what you asked for. I’m no longer in the picture and I’m no longer in the way of your drinking buddy.” Kimberly failed and could feel liquid slowly rolling down her face. AJ hated her all because of jealousy? All because he thought that she was stealing his drinking buddy away? “Are we…are we done now?” She asked above a whisper as more tears flowed down her face.

“No,” he quietly replied. “I fucked up, Kim. Fucked up worse than you can imagine. What I did is unforgivable…” he let out a loud sigh, “Nick is bad.”

That quickly caught her attention and panic began to rush through her, “Wh-what do you mean he’s bad? I just read the Rolling Stones interview. You guys are doing great. You have an album out already, you’re back together.”

“Nick went to the hospital last week, did you know that?” He asked.

Kimberly felt fear take over her. It were as if someone had just punched her in the stomach, “N-no. Why was he there? Is he alright?!?” She hadn’t realized how frantic her voice had become.

“He had alcohol poisoning. They had to pump his stomach. Ever since you guys broke up he’s done nothing but party. He’s sleeping with random girls, drinking…he’s killing himself, Kim!”

Hearing that he was sleeping with girls felt like someone had just slashed her heart with a butcher knife, “Tell him to go to rehab,” she simply told him, trying to hide the hurt in her voice.

“Please,” he begged. “Help him.”

That took her by surprise, “Excuse me? Help him? With what?”

“He fucking wants to die, Kim. You’re still in love with him, I can tell by the sound of your voice. Fix things with him.”

“AJ, it’s been almost two months. We can’t just fix what happened. I left for a valid reason.”

“And what reason was that?” He demanded, “Because of me, right?”

“No. I was the reason why the band was fighting, I was the reason why he missed photo shoots...the reason why he left the band in the first place.”

He let out a defeating sigh, “No, Kim. I was the reason. I forced fights with him…I got him going. He would have stayed if it weren’t for me. So don’t doubt yourself.” He cleared his throat again, “I talked to Angel and she’s really worried about him…the guys and I are too. Please, I’m begging you, Kim. Fucking begging you.”

Kimberly ran her trembling hand through her hair, “What do you expect me to do?”

“I don’t know…talk to him. Tell him how stupid he’s being.”

“And what makes you think he’ll actually listen to me?”

“Because he loves you, Kim. You’re the only one that can get through to him.”

She swallowed hard. She hated knowing that he was slowly drinking himself to death…and she mostly hated that he was sleeping with other woman. “Okay,” she softly said. “When do you want me down there?”

Relief swept over AJ, “God Kim, thank you so much. Um, tomorrow. I’ll arrange everything! We’re having a show and I know it’ll make him so happy to see you. Can you leave in the AM?”

She sighed, “Yeah…yeah I think I can. Get two tickets because I want Ashley to go with me.” What was she going to tell her work? That she had to go to Florida because she was trying to save her ex-boyfriend from killing himself?

“Okay,” he said. “I’ll call you in like an hour with all the details. Thank you so much, you don’t know how much this means to us…how much it’s going to mean to Nick. I’ll talk to you later.” He then hung up the phone.

Kimberly dropped her face into her hands. Was she really going to do this? Ashley walked in and saw how distraught she looked, “What happened?” She softly asked, walking over and sitting next to her.

She pulled her face from her hands and looked up at Ashley with watering eyes, “We’re going to Florida tomorrow.”

Her brown eyes grew wide, “Uh…we are?”

She nodded, “Yeah. Nick’s really bad and they’re really scared for him. They think I’m the only one that can get through to him.” She then shrugged, “I guess they’re doing some show tomorrow too.”

“Wow…what’s wrong with him?”

Kimberly sighed, “I guess he’s really depressed and he’s been drinking a lot…and just screwing around with other girls.” She didn’t realize how hard that was to say. Here she was suffering, couldn't even bear to look at another man, but yet it seemed as though Nick had no problem whipping his dick out.

“Kim,” said Ashley. “That’s not being depressed. That’s being a fucking celebrity.”

She shook her head, “No, Ash. You should have heard AJ on the phone. He was begging me. I just have to make sure she’s alright.”

“And if he is?” She questioned.

She shrugged, “Then I’m hoping back on the first place back here.” She then ran her hands through her hair, “I just gotta figure out what I’m gonna do about work.”

Ashley half smiled, “Let me deal with that.”

Kimberly raised an eyebrow, “What are you gonna do?”

“Just trust me on this. Maybe you should start packing, especially if we’re leaving tomorrow.”

She nodded, “Okay.” Kimberly stood up and studied her friend’s face, unsure what she had planned to do about her work situation. She tried not to let it get to her. She knew Ashley wouldn’t cause her to get fired…at least she had better not. She then walked into her bedroom and began to pack a few clothes into a small suitcase. She was only going for a few days. As soon as she saw Nick and made sure he was alright she would be back on her way. She knew seeing him was going to kill her…would she even be able to handle the pain? Would all the progress she's made without him crumble? She didn't think she would be able to deal with the heartache all over again.

Ashley then pulled out her cell-phone and sat down on the couch and called the bank Kimberly worked out. She cleared her throat, “Yes, hi. This is Ashley Kimberly Power’s roommate. Well I just wanted to inform you that she and I have an urgent flight to take. One of her family members died…” she listened to the other person speak and she smiled slyly, “Okay, thank you so much. Right now she’s so devastated, she can’t even think straight. I’ll let her know that you gave her the okay to leave…when we’ll be back?” Ashley let out a loud sigh, “I don’t even know…can you give her a week off? She’s really torn about this.” Ashley smiled as she listened to the woman, whom was telling her how terribly sorry she was. “Thank you so much. You’re awesome. I’ll let Kim know right away. Have a great day.” Ashley then hung up the phone with a smug look across her face. She got Kimberly to have a little vacation and that meant more time she could work things out with Nick. She was not going to let her leave him until they worked things out. They both were too miserable without each other. It had already been a month and she still could hear her crying in her room at night. That just tore her heart in two.

Kimberly walked out with a small suitcase and saw that Ashley with the phone in her hand, “What happened?”

She looked up at her and grinned, “It’s all set. They’re giving you a week off.”

Her green eyes blew open, “A week? Really? How did you manage that?” She questioned in awe.

Ashley smirked, “I told a little white lie. I said one of your family members had died. They were very caring I must say. So you’re in the clear.”

She laughed as she sat down, “You told them someone in my family died? Ash!”

She shrugged, “It worked.” She then looked at her friend with serious eyes, “So what’s gonna happen tomorrow?”

Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “I haven’t got a clue…I’m scared shitless. What am I supposed to say? How is he gonna react when he sees me?” She could feel her eyes swelling, “I’m really scared, Ash.”

Ashley wrapped her arms tightly around her best friend, “It’ll be okay, Kim.”

“Will it?” She questioned, as a few tears slowly rolled down her face, “He’s already moving on with his life. This is so pointless for me to even go.”

“What do you mean? How is he moving on with his life? He’s a wreck isn’t he?”

“He’s sleeping with other girls, Ash. What does that say?”

She shook her head, “Kim, having sex with other girls doesn’t mean he’s not in love with you anymore. It means he stopped caring…he’s going back to his old ways. Remember when he would party non-stop and fuck all groupies? He’s going back to that…he’s depressed. He’s probably more depressed than we even realize.” She put her hand on her shoulder and said, “Trust me, we’re doing a good thing here.” She then stood up, “I need to start packing myself.”

Kimberly watched as Ashley retreated for her bedroom and she sat there thinking. Thinking about Nick, thinking about seeing him. Did he even know that she was coming? She squeezed her eyes tightly trying to suppress the tears. She missed him more and more each passing day. She thought things were supposed to get easier. How could Nick possibly still be in love with her if he was messing around with other girls? Her heart clenched in agony as those words haunted her mind that AJ said to her he’s killing himself, Kim! She knew if she didn’t go it would haunt her until the end of days…and just knowing Nick was hurting himself scared her. Scared her more than any fear she’s ever had. She knew what she had to do…she had to make sure he was alright. No matter what she wouldn’t deny that she still insanely in love with him and would do anything to help him. Maybe that was what put her in this mess in the first place. She was so in love with him she thought leaving him would help him, but it looked as though she just made things worse. More worse than she could have imagined.


“Come on, Nick,” said Kevin in an agitated voice. “Just one more time. The show is only in a few hours! We still haven’t gotten it right just yet.”

Nick was hanging from the night before, it felt like someone was drilling into his head and Kevin’s nagging was not helping. He shouldn’t have had so much to drink last night, at least this time he woke up in bed alone. Laura still haunted his mind and each time he thought about her being in bed with him, it made him feel sick all over again. He let out a loud groan, “I know, man. Just give me a little break.”

AJ nodded, “Yeah, I could use a break too.” Kevin looked at AJ steamed, “Don’t worry, Kev,” he said, lowering his hands. “What’s a few minutes gonna do?”

“I’m gonna get a drink,” grumbled Nick.

“Water I hope,” muttered Howie.

Nick shot him a hard look, “Yes, water.” It was no secret that he was back in his party animal stage, but he didn’t care. Why should he? He walked over to the small blue cooler and took out bottled water and he could feel the liquid running down his hot throat. He didn’t realize how thirsty he really was until the bottle was empty. Nick pulled out his cell-phone after he heard it go off. He groaned when he saw it was some girl he gave his number to. Why did he do that? She wanted to hook up after the show. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and just deleted it. He didn't even remember her, or knew what she looked like. He didn't remember a lot of things lately and that was how he liked it. He didn't need to know how many whores he's made out with, who he fucked. The only thing that he cared about was that he was too fucked up to think about her.

“Okay break is over,” said Kevin in a thick voice. “After we have the dance down, we can take a break until the show.”

Nick groaned, but he knew there was no use in complaining. All the other guys could get the moves right, so why couldn’t he? He needed a drink and a strong one. He could feel nothing but throbbing in his chest, he wanted to get numb again. When he couldn’t feel that was when he could get things done…what he would do to stop feeling like this. Why was heartbreak such a long process? It should never take this long to get over someone. The more he thought about her, the more difficult it was to concentrate. He needed this to end and now.
I Need You by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 30 ~



When Kimberly and Ashley got off the plane it was getting close to five PM. They had a layover in Missouri for about an hour in a half. The flight took far too long. The boys’ show was getting close to starting. Kimberly knew they were probably in rehearsals, but she had no idea where she was going or what they were going. She thought AJ was going to meet them, but then a familiar voice filled their ears.

“Thanks so much for coming.”

Kimberly turned around to see the dark haired beauty. She half smiled and embraced her into a hug, “Hi, Angel.”

Angel looked at her with her moist eyes and embraced her into a tight squeeze, “I’m so sorry, Kim,” she whimpered.

Before Kimberly knew it the girl was crying. She looked at her confused, “What are you talking about? What are you sorry for?”

She pulled away and wiped her swelling eyes, “For everything that I’ve caused. I hate what I have done to you and Nick.”

Kimberly shook her head, “You haven’t done anything,” she reassured her. “What I did was because I felt I had to. It had nothing to do with you or AJ. Nick is happier without me…despite what you must think.”

Angel shook her head, “No, Kim. He isn’t…trust me on this. I have never seen my brother more miserable than he is now. He wasn’t even this bad when Paris did all that shit to him. You need to believe me on that.”

Kimberly swallowed hard as she could feel a lump forming in her throat. Seeing the pain in Angel’s brown eyes and sincerity she knew that she couldn’t be lying. If Nick were happy they wouldn’t have set all this up, would they have? She cleared his throat, “What’s…what’s wrong with him?”

“Everything! Come on, I’ll tell you on the way to the hotel.”

Kimberly looked back at Ashley and they walked to the car that was waiting for them. During the car ride Angel began to tell the girls about Nick and his behavior. She told them about their big fight and how she hadn’t really spoken to him in almost a month. Things were bad. Kevin called her up because he was concerned about Nick. He was always out drinking and hooking up with random girls and then last week she got the scare of her life when AJ called her that he was in the hospital. Kimberly could feel her eyes swell up as she could hear the distraught in Angel’s voice. She truly cared for her brother’s wellbeing and Kimberly was afraid for him…more than before. She thought maybe AJ was exaggerating a bit, but from the tone of Angel’s voice she could see it was all true. Suddenly Kimberly got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. She shouldn’t have waited this long…she should have just went with her heart and picked up that damn phone and called him. She should have told him how terribly sorry she was, leaving him was such a stupid mistake.


Nick could feel the sweat roll down his face, he tripped at least three times. Kevin was getting frustrated with him, but he contained his temper. Nick knew he was fucking up so finally the fourth time he got it. There was still an hour until the show began and he wanted nothing more than to have a good drink.

“Man, that was rough,” muttered AJ.

Nick looked at him and nodded, “Yeah, just a bit.” He ran his hand over his face, to remove some of the sweat, “I don’t know what my deal is today. Usually I’m better at the steps.” He just shrugged, “It’s probably because I needed a drink,” he said with a smirk.

AJ looked at him concerned, “A drink before the show, Nick?”

He could hear the disapproval in AJ’s voice and he looked at him annoyed, “Yeah, so what? You do it all the time.”

“I haven’t in a while.”

He rolled his blue eyes, “Yeah, well good for you. I’ll be in the hotel taking a shower until the show begins.”

AJ sighed as he watched him leave. He shook his head in dismay. He felt his phone vibrate and he picked it up, “Hello…Angel, hi. Is she there…Good…No, I’ll be right there!” He knew if anything was going to help his buddy it would be Kimberly. He hated himself for treating her the way he had…all because he was selfish, “I’ll be back,” he said to Kevin, as he walked over towards the exit.

“Where are you going?” He demanded, “And where did Nick go?”

AJ didn’t want to rat out his friend, but he knew him having a drink before the show was a terrible idea. Maybe Kimberly would sober him up? Maybe he’d finally get his act together? Only one could wish. He shrugged, “I don’t know,” he lied. “Back to the hotel to relax before the show begins.”

Kevin’s green eyes burned with annoyance, “We have to get ready!”

“Dude, chill. We have over an hour. The opening act takes about half an hour, so don’t worry. He’ll be here.” At least he had better be there…Nick was once again walking on thin ice. Ever since his break up with Kimberly, he was worse than he had ever been. “Well, I gotta run. Be back later.”

Kevin raised one of his thick eyebrows and crossed his arms, “Where are you going?” He demanded.

He let out a small sigh, “Okay, if you really wanna know…Kim is here.”

His green eyes expanded, “What? Does…does Nick know?!?”

AJ shook his head, “No. I called her up last night. I pretty much had to beg for her to come down.”

“Why the hell would you do something like that, Alex?!?” He demanded, “This is a bad idea…a very bad idea! This is going to kill the kid.”

He shook his head, “No, Kev. This is what is going to save him. I fucked up big time by doing what I did to tear them apart. I’m the reason why she left him and I’m going to be the reason they get back together. Nick is still fucking love sick from her and when I told her how bad he was, she was frantic. She loves him too…it’ll work out. I’m going to fix the mess I made. Look, I gotta go. I’ll tell you how it goes.”

Kevin watched as AJ rushed out of the studio and all he could do was shake his head in empathy. He prayed AJ was right and things did get work between the two, but he knew it wasn’t very likely.



Angel took Kimberly and Ashley to the hotel that AJ had booked for them. Waiting at the front door was Ray. Ashley could feel her heart going into overdrive as it thumped loudly in her chest. She ran over to him and he wrapped his arms around her like a net so she couldn’t escape. Kimberly smiled as she saw the care she had for him in her eyes. She hadn’t seen her best friend look like that at many guys and it made her happy that finally she found that person. Kimberly then felt a twinge of pain rush through her as she remembered how her and Nick were once like that. She remembered how they could never keep their hands off each other. Oh how she missed him. She missed the way he would breathe into her ear, the way he’d call her Baby Angel…she missed his touch. He could give her goosepbumps just by simply tracing his finger on her arm. She inhaled deeply. She wasn’t here to get him back, she was here to see if he was alright. That was it. Right?

“Come on, let’s go inside,” gently ordered Angel.

Kimberly nodded and followed her. She could hear Ashley giggling behind her as Ray kissed her neck playfully as they followed. Kimberly closed her eyes to force the tears to stay in her eyes. She should be happy that her best friend finally had someone; she had been alone for such a long time. She hated how their love and affection reminded her of how she and Nick used to be. It just wasn’t fair. Every song on the radio, every happy couple made her think of them.

When they walk inside the hotel room they found AJ sitting down on the sofa. It caused Ashley and Kimberly to jump. He smiled apologetically, “Sorry.” He stood up and walked over, he tenderly wrapped his arms around Kimberly. She was unsure what to do, but she embraced him as well. She wasn’t used to him being so nice to her…after all he did hate her. “Thanks for coming,” he said, once he pulled away.

She nodded, “Any…anything for Nick,” she choked out. She cleared her throat, “So where is he?”

“In his room,” he answered.

“Okay…so tell him to come here?” She said, unsure of why he wasn’t there yet.

He sighed and sat down, “He um…he doesn’t exactly know that you’re here.”

Her green eyes expanded, “What? Why didn’t you tell him?” She demanded.

“Because…it was a surprise.”

“A surprise?!?” She spat angrily.

“Please Kim, don’t be mad,” he pleaded. “I just didn’t know what else to do. I’ve never been this worried about him before.”

Kimberly sat down on a chair and ran her hands through her hair, “What am I supposed to say?”

“Exactly how you feel,” interrupted Ashley.

She shook her head, “I can’t do that,” she said almost above a whisper.

“And why not?” Questioned Ray as he walked over to Ashley and wrapped his arm around her.

Kimberly watched in agony as Ashley moved into him and rested her head on his shoulder. Ray’s lips against her forehead. She inhaled deeply and turned her head, trying to fight the tears back, but it was a lost battle and she could feel a few slowly rolling down her cheeks, “Because,” she choked out. “I don’t want him to see how terrible I am without him.” She then looked back at AJ with her moist eyes, “I don’t want to make it any harder than it has to be.”

“Stop this,” ordered Ashley. “You miss him so much it’s killing you, Kim. Swallow your fucking pride and just tell him how much you love and miss him. It’s not that hard,” she reassured.

“Yes it is,” she muttered and looked to the floor. Feeling tears dripping from the tip of her nose.

Angel walked over to her and sat down next to her on the arm rest, “Why?” She whispered, “Why is it so hard to tell my brother how you really feel?”

She looked at Angel with suffering eyes, “Because if he’s with me it’ll ruin his life. Look at all the things he’s accomplished since I was out of the picture. The band is back together, you guys are on tour, you worked on a new CD. If I were still with him, he would have been – ”

“Happy,” interjected AJ.

Kimberly wiped her eyes and looked at him, “What?” She asked, as she sniffled.

“When he was with you, I’ve never seen him happier. Even if he wasn’t in BSB he’d still be happy…if he was with you. He loves you Kim, and I fucked that up. Now I’m here to fix it. Please, you have to talk to him. Just talk…explain your feelings…he’s going to kill himself if he keeps up this life style up.”

Angel nodded, “I agree with him. I’ve never seen Nick act so reckless before. Even after Paris he wasn’t this bad. So like AJ said, just talk to him. What can it hurt?”

A lot, Kimberly thought. She knew the moment she saw Nick in the state they claimed he was in, it was going to kill her. She let out a loud sigh, “Okay…I’ll talk to him.” What other choice did she have? They were giving her the biggest guilt trip of her life. If she didn’t do what they asked he may die. The love of her life die? That thought frightened her more than anything in the entire world.



When Nick entered his hotel room the first thing he did was go into the bathroom. He stripped out of his clothes and set the shower. He allowed the lucid water to beat down on his body. He leaned his head back and soaked his hair and he tried to ignore the throbbing in his chest. It had been over a month, so why was he still feeling like this? He prayed the pain would just vanish. Her face haunted his mind. It seemed like everything reminded him of her. He never was so hung up over one person before. Why couldn’t he just get over it and get on with his life? He felt like someone was fucking with his mind. He felt like he was under some sort of dark spell. He wanted her out of his head; he wanted to stop thinking about her. Was that really too much to ask?

Nick didn’t notice the water turned drastically cold. His mind was racking with memories. He thought about the time they showered together and he thought about the time where they stayed at Ray’s for a week straight and did nothing but show constant affection. He loved the way she would just snuggle into him on the couch, the way she would sit on his lap. A small smile formed across his lips as he remembered her waking him up to the best blow job any man could ever imagine. It wasn’t just the sex because God knows the sex was unbelievable, but it was the way she did things. The way he saw the care in her jade eyes. He closed his eyes and could feel his heart being punctured all over again. Things would never go back to the way they used to be, he had to face reality. He knew if it wasn’t the drinking that would kill him, it was going to be the heartache. He let out a loud sigh then quickly turned off the foist and opened the curtain feeling the cool air hit his skin causing him to shiver.

Once he changed into some clothes he walked into the kitchen and went to grab a beer. He then eyed a bottle of Jack Daniels and opened up the cabinet and grabbed it. It was much stronger than beer and if he wanted to attempt to perform tonight, he knew he needed to at least be a little numb. If he sang one of those heart wrenching break up songs and she was in his mind, he’d cry like a little bitch. Last thing he needed was to get shit on because he couldn’t keep it together. After he grabbed the warm bottle, he retreated into the living room and plopped himself down on the couch. He glanced at the round wooden clock on the wall and saw he had about forty five minutes until the opening act went on…and then the guys would have to be on stage in about an hour in a half. He had time. He flicked on the TV and saw there was a Disney World commercial. As he watched it, he could feel a lump in his throat form and his heart squeezed in agony. Memories came flooding into his mind. Memories of that day. He swallowed hard trying to force the lump down as he remembered taking her there for her birthday and oh man was it ever a good birthday. He loved the way she would tease him in that sundress that she had worn, the way the wind would blow it just enough to where it drove him mad with sexual desire. Then he took her to the bathroom and made her birthday the best birthday she had ever had, ravishing her against the wall. He had to close his eyes to block the tears from emerging. He grabbed the bottle of booze and took a long gulp. He needed this pain to stop. He needed it to end, this was killing him, fucking killing him. He laid his head back on the arm rest of the couch and threw his arm over his eyes, feeling liquid leak from his eyes.

Nick then heard a soft knock at the door, he groaned knowing it was probably Kevin checking up on him. That was so like him. Last time he checked Kevin wasn’t his father. “Go away,” he mumbled, he wasn’t sure if it was loud enough to be heard. He then took another sip of the poison, feeling the liquor making it’s way through his body. He started to feel it working, thank God! He then heard the door open he was getting annoyed now. Couldn’t he just relax a little bit until the damn show started? He was waiting for Kevin to start reaming him out; he was sure he saw the bottle in his free hand. His arm was over his face still, he didn’t want to have to deal with this. “Go away,” he muttered.

He heard someone inhale deeply and say, “H-hi, Nick.”

He felt his heart freeze…that voice. He immediately removed his arm to see her standing there in front of him. No, this couldn’t have been real. This must have been one of the best delusions he had ever had. She was wearing a white jean skirt that went right above her knees and a white button up blouse. Two buttons weren’t closed up and a small amount of cleavage was showing and she was wearing the necklace he had given her. He could feel his heart come back alive as it began to pound rapidly against his ribcage and his face grew hot. What the hell was in this drink? He didn’t care, whatever it was, he never wanted this beautiful image to end. He didn’t care if he was fucked up during the show, not if this is what he had to look forward to. He took another sip and looked her over once more. Her hair was shorter now, and highlighted blonde. She had bangs, they were to the side framing her face so perfectly.

Kimberly watched him in sorrow as he stared at her. Was he that drunk he didn’t know who she was? Why was he drinking? They had a show in less than two hours, “Nick,” she said again.

Was this real? It sounded so real…there was only one way to find out. He put the bottle down and slowly stood up. Would she go right through him like a mirage? He took a few steps towards her, “Kim?” He asked above a whisper; feeling stupid. He was most likely talking to himself.

She nodded and had tears overfilling her green eyes and slowly rolling down her face, “Hey, baby”

Nick aggressively grabbed her, constricting her into his hold and held her as tight as he could; her body pressing against his. It was her, it was really her! His fingers tangled in her hair as is face into her neck, “I’ve missed you so much,” he choked.

She felt tears hitting her neck and that caused more to fall down her face. “I’ve missed you too,” she wept. Her arms cradled around him, she didn’t want this moment to end. She missed being in his embrace, she missed hearing his voice. She felt him tremble and she ran a hand through his hair, “I’m here,” she whispered. She couldn’t believe how bad he really was. She thought they were exaggerating just a bit…she had no idea he was such a mess.

Nick pulled away just a bit so that he was looking at her face. Kimberly looked into his eyes, they were tinted red from the tears and she put her hands up to his face, feeling tears hitting her fingers. She softly pressed her trembling lips against his. He closed his eyes and it were as if he were afraid to break her, he was being gentle as he could be when he opened his mouth. His tongue hesitantly flicked at hers and once she felt his kiss, she constricted her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. Nick felt her tongue aggressively invade his mouth and he couldn’t contain himself as he slid his hands inside her blouse and snapped open the buttons and shoving it off her arms. Kimberly moaned over his lips and she began to work on his belt, as doing so, Nick was slowly pushing her towards the couch. She tripped over the Jack Daniels and fell back onto the couch, causing the liquor to pour across the floor. Nick went on top of her, taking off his white shirt and throwing it onto the floor and pulled off his pants and pushed Kimberly’s skirt up. Once he tore her panties from her body, he crashed his mouth back down onto hers and raped it with his tongue. She then felt him roughly insert himself inside of her and his kiss became more and more aggressive as he went harder. She wrapped her arms around him, digging her nails into his back as he continued his pace. This was nothing how they normally made love, it was hard…she didn’t feel a connection. She could feel tears slowly making their way down her face as he continued. She pressed her face into the crook his neck, and tried to hold back the tears. She heard Nick making loud pants. The harder he went, the tighter he held onto her body, he then put his lips to her ear and whispered, I love you so much, Baby Angel. She felt her body get chills as he called her that…that was the name that she longed to hear. She looked up at him and could see in his moist eyes how sincere he was and saw all the pain.

Kimberly felt warm tears rolling down her cheeks, “I…love you too,” she choked.

Nick then pressed his mouth against hers and she felt beads of liquid fall down onto her face from his. She tightened her grip on him and wrapped her legs around his waist. She then heard him make a loud grunt and that’s when she felt his body fluid go inside her. He collapsed down onto her, breathing heavy. Kimberly just savored this moment, because she knew within moments it would be ruined. A minute in a half later he pulled himself up and kissed her on the cheek and then the mouth. He could sense that she wanted him to get off of her; he knew something was going to happen. He didn’t know if this would be good or bad…his stomach felt like he had just gone on a rollercoaster and went through ten loops. He began to put on his clothes and Kimberly did the same.

“Do you…do you want something to eat?” He asked once they were both clothed.

She shook her head, “No, I’m fine.”

He sat down next to her, still not fully believing that she was really here. He cleared his throat, “So um…how did you get in here? It was locked.”

Kimberly pulled out a card and half smiled, “AJ gave it to me.”

He didn’t want to scare her away, he didn’t want to start a fight, but he knew he couldn’t ignore the question that needed to be answered. “So…uh…what are you doing here?”

She swallowed hard, “AJ…AJ called me yesterday.” She looked away and to the floor, seeing the booze was seeping into the hard wood floor. “He said he was really worried about you.”

“So that’s why you’re here?” He said, a bit disappointed, “Because AJ asked you to? Not because you want to be?”

Kimberly could hear the pain in his voice and that killed her. She could feel a new patch of tears coming along again, “I came because I wanted to make sure you were okay,” she admitted. “He said that you were killing yourself and he thought I was the only one that would help you.”

“And how the hell am I killing myself?” He demanded, as defense mode began to kick in.

She shrugged, “I don’t know you tell me.” She cleared the lump that was starting to form in the back of her throat, “You’re drinking before a show…going out all the time drinking…” she could feel her heart starting to shrivel as she said, “Sleeping with a bunch of different girls.”

He watched as her eyes began to swell once more and he wanted to kill AJ for telling her about the girls. She didn’t need to know that! She didn’t need to know about anything. “I was doing what you wanted me to do…I was trying to move on with my life.”

She didn't realize how painful that would be to actually hear, but maybe she needed that. She then nodded, “I can see that,” she said above a whisper, feeling her eyes sting once again. She cleared her throat, “It was…it was a bad idea for me to come here. I just…I just had to see if you were alright.”

“Why?” He demanded.

She looked at him hurt, “What do you mean why? Because I love you…and I just had to make sure…” she sighed, “You know what, forget it. I can see this was a mistake.” She stood up and said in her broke voice, “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have come.”

Nick looked to the floor, feeling angry…feeling devastated…feeling all his emotions imploding, “You…you can’t just come here to check on me, Kim. You made it clear you didn’t want anything to do with me anymore.”

“I came because I care!”

“You sure didn’t care when I kept on calling and calling.”

She put her hands on her face, “Oh My God, Nick. You don’t even know how hard it was for me not to call you back…you don’t know how hard it was for me not to go crawling back to you…you don’t even know the half of it.”

“Then why didn’t you?!?” He yelled.

She pulled her hands from her face and she saw that he was now standing not even an inch away from her, “Because…I was…because I wanted you to get on with your life…life with me is no life at all.”

“Life with you is the only life I want, Kim!” Tears began to drown his blue eyes again, “I fucking love you…I have…I can’t just get overt you! Why do you think I’ve been drinking myself to death? Why do you think I go out all the time? I’m trying to do anything I can to stop the hurt…but not matter how much I drink, no matter who I’m sleeping with it’s you that I see, it’s you that I want.” He inhaled deeply, “Baby Angel, why can’t you see that? Why can’t you see that my life is nothing without you? Stop with this…just stop,” he begged. “I-I can’t function without…I need you…God I fucking need you, Kim.”

Kimberly felt her bottom lip trembling and she turned her head away and small sobs escaped her. Nick moved closer towards her and he took his hand and it put it under her chin to force her to look at him. She hated seeing all the pain he was in, “I just…I just wanted what was best for you. Being with me – ”

“Makes me the most happiest.”

She wiped her eyes, “Wh-what about the band? Are you still unhappy with them?”

“We’ve overcame our differences.”

She shook her head, “You didn’t’ answer me…do you like being in the band?”

He nodded, “Yeah…yeah, I am. Me and Kevin had a long talk...things are good now.”

“I don’t want to ruin that for you again.”

“You won’t,” he promised. “Please Baby Angel…please. I know you still love me.”

There was a knock at the door, “Yo, Nick,” said Kevin. “We gotta go…the opening act is almost done…come on!”

Nick groaned, “Alright, be right there.”

“I-I need to go anyway.”

He looked at her alarmed, “Please, don’t.” Nick slid his hand in her hair and moved her face closer to his, “Don’t go.” His face only inches from hers, “Stay and we'll talk after the concert.”

She shook her head, “I don’t think that would be such a good idea.”

“Please,” he hoarsely whispered.

“Nick!” Kevin angrily yelled.

He sighed, “I gotta go…please Kim, don’t leave. Just wait it out until tomorrow…please?”

She knew she should have just booked it and left, staying was probably the worst idea. She already had sex, the situation was becoming more and more complicated. “I-I can't.”

Nick's eyes began to swell and he swallowed hard, “Please,” he begged. “Don't do this...”

Kimberly inhaled deeply and shook her head, “Nick...don't make this harder than it has to be.”

He wouldn't take no for an answer and tears began to overlap his eyes and roll down his face, “I'll be looking for you.”

She sighed, “Nick.”

He wiped his eyes, “See you at the show.” He gently pressed his lips upon hers, gently nibbling on her lower lip, “I love you,” he whispered.

Kimberly watched as he left the hotel room and she felt tears freely pouring down her face. She fell to her knees and put her hands up to her face and wept. This was killing her...seeing the pain in Nick's eyes just tore her apart. Oh how she wished she never came, oh how she wished she told AJ to just fuck off. She was doing well...and now it was like salt was being poured into her wounds. She would leave after the concert, she would stay just to support him that was the only reason. As soon as it was over, she was taking the first flight back to California. She would text Ashley after she got back to their place, she would let her enjoy her time with Ray. Oh how she hated herself...why couldn't she just be a selfish bitch and stay with Nick? Why did she have to care so much?
Falling Down by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 31 ~



Kevin saw the redness in Nick’s eyes and he knew that the conversation that he and Kimberly had did not go well. He wanted to punch AJ for setting this up, he knew it was going to backfire. Nick was a wreck and Kevin couldn’t feel more terrible for him. He knew his heart felt like it was in a torture chamber and it just wasn’t right. He looked at Nick with empathy in his eyes, “Are you okay?” He asked as kindly as he could.

He just nodded, “I’m fine,” he bitterly said. He sniffled and looked to the ground, “Let’s…let’s go.” He then quickly walked away.

Kevin shook his head, the poor kid was dying inside.



Nick walked into the arena and went backstage. He knew he couldn’t let anyone see him while he was like this. He needed another drink. Seeing Kimberly just made him feel like someone ripped open his scabs and poured salt all over them. The pain was unbearable. How the hell was he supposed to preform while in this state? He knew if anyone had any liquor it would be AJ. He walked over towards him, “Hey, man,” he said, in a low voice. “Do you got any Jack’s or anything?”

AJ looked at him perplexed, “Any what?” He couldn’t have heard him correctly, “Nick, come on, you gotta stop this shit.” Nick’s eyes burned in agony and that was when AJ saw his blue eyes were tinted red and he felt his heart give out. Seeing the pain his little brother was in killed him. Things must have not gone well with him and Kimberly. But how could they not have? The whole reason of her coming up here was to make Nick happy, was for them to get back together…unless he said something stupid. What if it was about the girls he’s been sleeping with? He shouldn’t have told her that. Fuck, he messed things up for them, “What…what happened between you and Kim?”

Nick glared up at him with angry pained eyes, “What do you think?” He hissed. It then hit him, he wouldn’t be feeling such rejection again if it weren’t for this guy that claimed he was his friend. Friend? Ha! The bastard didn’t even know the meaning of the word. He was the reason why Kimberly left him in the first place, he was the reason why he could feel salt being poured on his wounds. “What gave you the right to bring Kim here anyway?” He demanded.

AJ swallowed hard as he could see the ominous look in Nick’s tearful eyes, “I-I just was trying to help you.”

“HELP ME?!?” He shouted and that caused everyone in the backroom to stare, “How the fuck are you helping me?!?” He continued to rage, “If it weren’t for YOU, we would still be together in the first place. So don’t fucking give me this you’re trying to help me crap.”

Ashley looked at Ray and he looked at Angel. Things did not go as well as they all hoped. He walked over towards his friend, “Yo, Nick. Calm down.”

He glared at his friend with hard eyes, “Don’t fucking tell me to calm down. He fucking had Kim come here, he knew she didn’t want me back…he knew she just would make things worse.”

She didn’t want him back? Ashley was confused, she did. She knew that for a fact. She was completely miserable without him. She took a deep breath before attempting to walk over towards Nick, “Ni-Nick,” she hesitantly said. “That’s bullshit and I know that. Kim is a wreck without you. She’s crying in her room all the time, she’s sad. She still wears the necklace you gave her. So what does that say?”

Nick looked at her with swelling eyes and a few tears managed to escape and roll down his flushed cheeks, “She’s the one that wants to leave. I fucking begged her to stay until tomorrow and she said she can’t.” He then shrugged, “Maybe she wears the necklace because it’s diamonds. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend after all,” he bitterly said.

“Come on, Nick,” said Angel. “You know she’s not like that.”

He looked to the ground, “I don’t even know anymore.” He then looked up at the four Backstreet Boys with his aching eyes, “Come on, the show’s about to begin. We gotta get into our costumes.”

“How do you even plan on preforming?” Demanded Brian, “I mean just look at you! You’re a wreck, man.”

He shrugged, “I’ll manage like I always do.” He then walked over towards the rack of clothes and began to attempt to put on an outfit for their first song.

Kevin let out a loud sigh, “Alright, we only have a few minutes until we’re on. So come on guys.”

Howie looked at Kevin pained. He hated how Nick was in such a terrible state. How was he supposed to act like the goofy and flirty Nick that the fans were used to or expecting? The only thing that Nick could even concentrate on was his broken heart. Kimberly was all he could see, all he could think about. This was not going to be a good show…not at all.



Laura looked at Cindy and shook her head in astonishment, “I still can’t believe you got us in without tickets.”

Cindy grinned, “Apparently the guy I hooked up with was a Backstreet Boy. His name is AJ.” She then shrugged, “What can I say…I learn from the best. He wanted to see me again and I told him how much going to a concert with my dear friend would mean so much. The guy told me it was all set without me even needing a ticket.” She then smiled widely, “He even said later after the show we can go backstage. I mean, how awesome is that?”

Laura looked at her impressed, “Nice work. So do you actually like the guy? Is he even good in bed?”

Cindy laughed, “Of course he was good. Shit girl, he was amazing! He knew exactly what he was doing. I can’t wait until later tonight.”

That sparked a flare of curiosity in Laura and she raised an eyebrow, “Oh? And what’s later tonight?”

Cindy couldn’t hide the smirk that grew across her face, “AJ said he wanted to take me out. I’m pretty sure we’ll be fucking like rabbits later.” She giggled, “I can’t thank you enough for dragging me out with you. Plus, you and Carter got pretty friendly. I’m sure he’s dying to see you…maybe you can make him forget all about that bitch.”

Laura had neglected to tell her friend that Nick had kicked her out of his house. She didn’t tell her that he was calling her Kim or Baby Angel the whole time while they were getting their freak on. Cindy thought that Nick and Laura had crazy monkey sex and that Nick wanted to always meet up with her. Although Laura did tell her that Kimberly hurt him so badly, he knew he couldn’t be in a relationship for a while….he just wanted to mess around. Mess around with Laura. Of course she believed her. Laura was her best friend, why would she lie to her? She would have no reason to…right? Cindy was unaware that Laura was terribly jealousy of her. She hated how AJ was crazy about her. On Kimberly’s photo that all the guys had written on, AJ made it clear that he liked Laura. So why did he want Cindy? Maybe it was because she was hanging all over Nick. It just wasn’t fair, if AJ liked her, he should ditch Cindy and spend a night with her. Maybe tonight? A devious smirk formed around her thin lips.

Laura looked at her friend and shrugged, “Maybe. We’ll see.”

The show began and the fans screamed as the first song was Everybody Backstreet’s Back. Laura couldn’t help but notice the dead look in Nick’s eyes. He smiled and sang…but the look in his eyes. It was the same look he had in the club. Oh yes, fuck AJ. She was going to have Nick again…even if it killed her. She would make him forget all about Kimberly…if that was the last thing she did.



Ashley stormed to the hotel that Kimberly was in; she opened the door with the key card that Kevin had given her. She told him that she was going to talk some sense into that girl if that was the last thing she did. Once she opened the door, she found Kimberly on the couch, bawling her eyes out. Instead of Ashley running up to her and ask what was wrong, she lashed out at her. What the hell was her problem? She was there crying her eyes out because she loved Nick. Nick was there dying inside because he loved her, but he thought that Kimberly didn’t want him. Why wouldn’t Kimberly just shut up with wanting him to get on with his career and fix this mess that she caused?

“Kim, what the hell?!?” She yelled, “What is the matter with you?”

Kimberly looked up at Ashley and saw the fury in her eyes, “What are you talking about?” She demanded, as she wiped her eyes.

“THIS!” She shouted, “You being so stupid.”

Kimberly stood up and walked over to her friend and glared at her with her tinted red eyes, “Excuse me? How the hell am I being stupid?”

“Because just look at yourself!” She barked, “Crying because you’re in love with Nick.” She shook her head in disgust, “Why the fuck don’t you fix things with him already?!?”

“Because it’s not that simple!”

“What’s not simple about it, Kim?!?” She demanded, “I saw him when he got back…he’s on stage right now. How the hell he’s even singing in the condition he’s in is beyond me! He was crying, Kim. I have never seen a grown man cry. He’s hurting…really hurting. Make it stop…make his pain stop. Make your pain stop.”

Kimberly just shook her head at her, “You just don’t get it,” she said as she began to walk away.

Ashley grabbed her wrist, “And what exactly don’t I get?” She demanded, “I understand how you think he’s better off without you, but he’s not, Kim. He’s really, really not. He’s dying inside…more than you even. Just please….just talk to him. Go to his show and then talk to him…okay?”

Kimberly shook her head franticly and she wiped her blurred eyes, “I-I can’t.”

“And why not?” She asked, nearly pleading.

“I’m scared!” She finally admitted.

Ashley looked at her baffled, “What do you mean? What are you scared of?”

“Look at all he’s done since I’ve been out of the picture. If I come back…what if I ruin all that? What if he goes back to leaving the band? What if drops it all because of me?”

Ashley let out a loud sigh, “Kim, I know where your heart is. I know you care a lot about his career but if he doesn’t want it don’t force him. But he is happy. Howie talked to me backstage before I came here. He said that Kevin and Nick had a long talk and Nick even admitted the things he did weren’t his best choices. He loves the guys and he was just getting overwhelmed. But you know what? You know what Howie told me?”

She shook her head, “No…what?” She asked, as she sniffled.

“That he had never seen Nick more happy than he has with you. You bring light into his life, Kim. You love him so much and I know you don’t want him giving up certain things but you need to know these are his choices.”

“I just…I don’t want him hating me down the road because of them, you know?”

Ashley looked at her friend and half smiled, “That won’t happen, I promise. Nick is happy in his career right now, but he’s miserable with his life. Only you can fix that…only you can make him happy again. So please, just talk to him about it. Go to the show and talk to him about it after.” She let out a loud sigh, “I know you don’t believe this, but I think you’re slowly killing yourself too. I hear you crying at night, Kim. I know how much you love and miss him. So let’s stop with all this pain…just patch things up with him. I know you want to…don’t you?”

She slowly nodded, “I do,” she said above a whisper. “I know leaving him was the biggest mistake I ever could have made, but I thought I was doing something good for him.”

“The only thing that is good for him is you.”

Kimberly looked at her with her suffering tinted eyes, “Are you sure he doesn’t hate me?” Her eyes began to swell again and tears slowly rolled down her face, “I know I would hate me.”

Ashley put her hand on her shoulder, “Kim, I promise you Nick does not hate you. He loves you…so fucking much. So come on, stop with this and let’s go see your man. Let’s make things right again.”

Kimberly weakly smiled and nodded. She knew she couldn’t keep this up anymore. Turning Nick away when he begged her to stay was probably one of the most hardest things she had to do. She knew he probably didn’t think so…maybe he even thought that she didn’t care. She had to prove him wrong…she had to show him that she really did love him and that he meant everything to her. Even if he did sleep with other girls. It was her own fault, she told him to get on with his life, she wouldn’t answer his phone calls…she was trying to cut him out of her life. So what did she really expect? She had to make things right again.




The past couple of songs were fast pace so Nick didn’t have time to actually think about Kimberly…which was really a good thing. But the boys then slowed things down and the next song that was about to begin was Incomplete. How the hell was he going to manage this? These were the worst lyrics…all of them made him think of how he was feeling. He was so incomplete without his Baby Angel. He couldn’t function without her. He skimmed the crowd and saw that she was nowhere to be seen and that just made the situation worse. He felt his heart being torn. So this was really how it was going to be? She didn’t want him back. Why the hell did she even come here? What was going through AJ’s mind? She left him for a reason! She just wasn’t in love with him anymore…those tears she cried must have been fake. Fake. It was all fake. Nick got too caught up in the moment of thinking about how she was never coming back…ever. He almost missed his verse. How these lyrics fit him so well…far too well. It felt like this song was written just for him. He was sure the fans could hear the agony in his voice as he sang them. He felt warm liquid rolling down his cheeks…


I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray
For this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is
Incomplete



The crowd cheered, he turned around so they couldn’t see him wipe his moist eyes. He then turned around and smiled his heart melting smile to get girls to swoon. He prayed no one caught the tear…he knew there would be people videotaping. The last thing he needed was a video of him crying during a performance on YouTube. He’d never hear the end of it.



Laura stared at him in bewilderment. The way he sang that verse, it was amazing. The pure emotion…it sent her chills down her spine. She leaned over to Cindy and whispered, “Did Nick actually cry or was that just part of imagination?”

Cindy stared up at Nick who was singing the chorus with the guys. She studied his face and then shrugged, “I didn’t see it. But I’m also not in love with him,” she said with a laugh.

Laura turned her attention back to Nick. She knew she wasn’t seeing things. He cried…but why? It then hit her…fucking Kimberly. Like really? Was he really that torn over her? For crying out loud, he should have been over her months ago! She could feel her teeth grind as she remembered how he called her Baby Angel while in bed or called her Kim. She felt pain wash over her as she remembered how he kicked her out. How the hell could he kick her out? What was the matter with him? He had a loose screw in that head of his and she was going to be the one to tighten it.



As he sang his eyes skimmed the crowd again. Maybe he just missed her? He was hoping, he was praying that she changed her mind. He felt a rush of depression rush over him…she wasn’t coming. She didn’t want him. For all he knew she went back to California. The song was now over and Brian was talking about something, hell he wasn’t even fully paying attention to it. His eyes were to the crowd once more, he thought maybe if he kept on staring long enough maybe she would just appear. He felt his heart go in his throat as he saw Laura in the crowd. They made eye contact and she smirked her devious smirk and waved with her fingers in a seductive mode. If Kimberly were here he’d be scared shitless…considering he fucked that conniving bitch. Oh how he tried to block that night from his mind; it haunted him day in and day out. The next song that they began to sing was Just Want You To Know. Yet another song that made him think about his Baby Angel except there weren’t any nights that he made it through…the pounding in his ribcage was going to be the death of him. That was why he drank, he rather have a painless death than feel the agony. He rather drown himself in liquor than feel his heart being pulled apart, blood vessel by blood vessel.




Kimberly and Ashley walked into the arena from a backdoor that led backstage. Jenn; one of the boys' managers led them through. Kevin already talked to her about Ashley. Jenn gave them both a tag so they would be able to access without security kicking them out. They both walked near the stage and watched as the boys preformed a fast beat song. Kimberly half smiled as she watched Nick work the crowd with his sleek mores and his sly smile, but the more she watched him, the more she could see how much he was faking. He was all smiles, but his eyes….his eyes is what gave it away. He looked anything but happy. In fact he almost looked dead inside. It were as if he was just a shell…an empty shell. Kimberly felt pain hit her chest as she thought this was all her fault. Everything was all because of her. Kimberly watched the rest of the show and Nick did a wonderful job hiding it from the fans…except on occasional songs. The break up songs is where she could really see the pain and she was sure others could as well. It killed her. The boys finished their last song and four of them left the stage behind the curtain…but not Nick. Instead he walked up to the microphone and he cleared his throats.

“So before we wrap up the show,” he began. “So um…I’ve – I’ve been working on a second solo album.” The fans screamed and he weakly smiled, “I’ve been struggling a lot the best few months over a girl. I wrote a song about the situation…music really helps me. Without it, I don’t think I would even be here breathing. Okay, so I call this one Falling Down I hope you like it.” Nick looked back at the band, “Ready? Let’s go.”

Kimberly felt her heart squeeze. She was terrified to listen to the lyrics, but she held her ground. She breathed deeply as he began and she knew she was going to end up crying. She felt her eyes stinging as his beautifully broken voice hit her eardrums.



It’s so cold in this room
And I’m trapped inside your heart
All by myself, yeah
All alone
In your sea
And I’m sinking like a ship
I’m going down…going down


I don’t wanna live my life without you
The hardest thing I ever do
Is try to pick myself up off the ground


I try to outrun
All the memories
But I keep falling down
But I keep falling down
And it’s like you still got a hold on me
‘Cause I keep falling down
I keep falling down


I can’t sleep, I can’t dream
‘Cause your scent’s still here
On the pillows in my bed
You’re in my bed
And this pain’s so insane
I’m still haunted by the stupid things I’ve said
All the things I said

I don’t wanna live my life without you
The hardest thing I ever do
Is try to pick myself up off the ground


I try to outrun
All the memories
But I keep falling down
But I keep falling down
And it’s like you still got a hold on me
‘Cause I keep falling down
I keep falling down


And how do I let go
I know I should move on
But without you I don’t know where I belong
And everywhere I go
Every happy face I see
It reminds me of the way it used to be

Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh


I try to outrun
All the memories
But I keep falling down
But I keep falling down
And it’s like you still got a hold on me
‘Cause I keep falling down
I keep falling down
Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh
I keep falling down
Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh
I keep falling down
Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh
I keep falling down
Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh
I keep falling down
Down…down



Nick swallowed hard after he had finished. The tears were freely flowing down his face and at the point he didn’t care if the fans saw or not. “Thank…thank you,” he choked out before walking off the stage and behind the curtain.



Kimberly put her hand up to her face and tried to hold back the sobs, but it was no use and she cried. Ashley walked over to her and put her hand on her shoulder. She turned around and wrapped her arms around her friend and squeezed her tight. She was the cause for the pain and suffering he was going through. She was the reason for feeling that way. He wrote a song about her…a painful song about her. She had to be the one to help him back up…she would not let him fall down anymore.

“Kim,” said Ashley in a soothing voice. “It’s time to end this.”

She nodded and walked back towards where the boys were. She had to talk to Nick, she had to fix things with him. She loved him, loved him more than she had ever loved a man before. She had to stop his suffering and she would. Jenn showed her where Nick was, he was leaning against the wall where the costumes were. The other guys were changing into their regular clothes; Nick was the first to be finished. His eyes were red and he refused to talk to anyone…not even Kevin. He just wanted to get out of there; he wanted to forget this night ever happened.

“Ni-Nick,” she choked out. Her voice sounded scratchy instead of smooth like how she intended. His head shot up. The others guys saw her and Brian smiled. He motioned for them to leave so Nick and Kimberly could have some privacy. Her bottom lips began to tremble and she rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around him and sobbed, “I’m so sorry.”

Nick's arms cradled her tightly, he closed his eyes and he held her close, feeling her heartbeat against his. He was terrified she would want to leave again; he had to hold onto her as tight as he could. He couldn’t lose her…he couldn’t bear it. He opened his eyes and a few tears rolled down his face, “How…how long were you here for?”

She pulled away and looked at him with her drowning eyes, “A good while,” she admitted.

“I thought…I thought you went back home to Cali.”

She shook her head, “No…I couldn’t leave. I love you so much.” She embraced him again, “I’m so sorry for what I have done. For all the pain I put you through.” She looked back up at him again, “But you gotta believe me when I say, I was only doing it because I thought it was better for you. I never…I never meant to hurt you.” She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat, “I thought that maybe you would just get over me.”

“I can’t just get over you like that, Kim,” he whispered. “You made me so happy and when you were gone it was like a dark cloud was over me.”

“May…maybe I can get rid of those clouds for you then.”

Nick stared at her intently, “Do you…do you really mean that?”

She nodded. She went on her tippy toes and pressed her trembling lips against his. Nick’s hands tangled in her hair and his mouth engulfed with hers. His tongue went after hers with such a need. Kimberly wrapped her arms around his neck and she allowed him to rape her mouth. A small moan escaped her lips, “I love you,” she whispered.

He held her for a long moment staring into her green eyes, “I missed you so much, Baby Angel.” He then squeezed her, “I love you so much.” His lips touched hers once more, but this time it wasn’t nearly as passionate. He was sweet and slow, “Let’s go back to the hotel.”

She smiled and nodded, “I’d like that.”

Relief swept over Nick as he wrapped his arm security around her and left for the black van that was parked outside. Finally after two long tormenting months, he and Kimberly were back in each other’s arms. He never wanted to deal with losing her again…he was sure if she didn’t come backstage or if she left to go back home, he would end up doing something terrible to himself. The pain was just too unbearable, but it were as if she was his morphine and the pain just vanished into thin air. He could breathe again...he could live again.





Laura was outside with Cindy. There was a change of plans and they wouldn't be going backstage. Cindy said that AJ texted her and that he would pick them up and bring them to his hotel room.

Laura’s brown eyes narrowed as she watched the Nick and that bitch leave into the vehicle. This wasn’t supposed to happen. Kimberly was supposed to be out of the picture…Laura was supposed to be the one to help him out of his depression. Jealousy and hatred overpowered her. Something had to be done…she knew where they were headed. At least she had a pretty good idea and she would not surrender without a fight.
The Ultimate Betrayal by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 32 ~




Angel and Benny were hanging out in the lounge, just waiting for some sort of information about Nick and Kimberly’s situation. Ashley walked in with Ray and a smile plastered slapped across her face, “So Kim, just sent me a text.”

That sparked Angel’s attention, “Oh?” She stood up and walked over towards her, “What did she say?”

Ashley pulled out her cell-phone and opened up her inbox and opened the text Kimberly had sent. She smirked as she read it.


So Nick & I talked
We’re good =D
We’re gonna be chilling in his room
So why don’t you guys come up? =)



Angel smiled from ear to ear, “Oh my God! Finally.” She turned to Benny, “We did it!” Her face glowing with relief, “I’m so glad they worked things out.”

He smirked and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her near and pressing his lips upon her temple, “You did good, babe. Now I hope you learned your lesson with getting involved in your brother’s business.”


Angel just rolled her chocolate eyes at him, but grinned, “Maybe.”

“Are we sure we really wanna go up there?” Laughed Ray, “I mean I recall when they broke up before and were staying at my place.”

Ashley laughed loud, “Oh God, I know.” She shook her head at the memory, “How Kim managed to speak the next day is beyond me.”

Angel scrunched up her nose, “Ew!”

Ray laughed, “You’re telling me…my room was right next to theirs!” He then looked at Ashley with half smile, “I’ll go up. If she invited us I doubt they’ll be doing that.”

She laughed, “I hope they wouldn’t. But yeah, we can have a small party. It’ll be fun!”

Angel shrugged, “Yeah, I’m game. But I swear to God, if they are fucking I am going to throw water on them!”

Benny looked at his girlfriend and laughed, “Water? Really, Angel?”

She looked at him and laughed, “Yeah, why not?”

Ashley shook her head and laughed, “Come on, let’s go. I still have the key that Kevin gave me.”

“I’m a little scared,” snickered Benny as the four of them left the arena and headed towards the hotel.

“I know what ya mean,” laughed Ray. “I’ve seen more Nick than I would have liked to.”

Ashley laughed, “True that!!!” She shook her head, “I remember when he walked out of his room when we were on the couch.”

Ray put his hand over his face, “Don’t remind me…please!”

Angel raised her thin eyebrow, “He walked out of his room naked?”

Ashley nodded, “Pretty much! He was covering himself with his hands. Kim was laughing like crazy.”

“It was funny though when he noticed us on the couch.”

Ashley shook her head, “No…it wasn’t.” She laughed, “He didn’t notice until he was coming back with the whip cream.”

“Okay, okay!!!” Shouted Angel with her hands up, “Please stop. That is my brother you’re talking about…I do not need a mental image of this!”

Ashley looked at her and laughed, “Sorry.” She then looked at Ray and giggled. He smirked and sweetly kissed her before putting his arm around her. He was happy to know his best friend and her best friend were finally where they belonged. He hated seeing Nick so miserable and he hated how Ashley was sad because Kimberly was so depressed. Finally things were back to how they should be.


Nick held Kimberly’s hand tightly with his fingers laced with hers. He kept on staring at her, almost afraid she was going to vanish into thin air if he looked away. Was this real? It felt too good to be true. His heart was beating an unsteady pace. He was petrified she would leave. He knew he wouldn’t be able to deal with that all over again. Kimberly looked at him and half smiled and suddenly it was as if some sort of weight was lifted off his chest and he could breathe.

“What?” She asked, with a small laugh. He was looking at her like a hawk ready to strike at its prey.

He shrugged, “Nothing.” He half smiled, “I’m just trying to figure out if I’m having one of those mirages or if this is actually real.”

Kimberly looked at him and softly laughed as they both walked into the elevator of the hotel. After the door closed she looked at him and wrapped her arms around his neck and gently pressed her lips against his. He smiled and kissed her back and opened his mouth and that was when he felt the kiss becoming more aggressive as her tongue savagely went after his. She gently pushed him against the elevator wall and he groaned over her lips.

Moments later the doors opened and she pulled away with a devious smirk, “Still think I'm a figment of your imagination?”

Nick grinned as they out of the elevator, “Well…my imagination is never that vivid.” He then laughed, “So I guess not.” He wrapped his arm tightly around her as they walked down the hallway to his door, opening it up with his keycard.

Kimberly walked inside once the door was open and she sat down on the couch. He smiled at her, she looked so beautiful. The way she was looking up at him with those big green eyes and how her highlighted blonde hair lit up her whole face. Her bangs were in her eyes, but making her look so seductive. He couldn’t even express how much he missed this woman. He sat down next to her after shutting the door and he smiled at her.

She felt her heart flutter from that smile…it got her every time, “Hi,” she said, with a small curve around her lips.

He grinned, “Hi,” he whispered as he moved his face closer towards hers. He swallowed hard before kissing her again. She smiled over his mouth and wrapped her arms around him, gently nibbling on his lower lip, causing him to let out a small groan. “Baby Angel, you kill me.”

She softly giggled, “And how am I doing that exactly?”

God, did he ever miss hearing that sound. He loved the way she was smiling and how her face was glowing, “You know how,” he said in a low voice. He put his hands on her face and his lips met with hers again, “You make it so hard to restrain myself.”

Kimberly looked at him slyly and smirked, “And is that such a bad thing?”

God, no it wasn’t. No at all. He could feel his heartbeat increase as those words sent chills down his spine. He loved how she could be so seductive if she wanted to be. It just drove him mad. He pulled her into his arms and just held her tight. “I’ve missed you so much, Baby Angel.” He pulled away just so he could look into her eyes, his arms still around her, “I never want to lose you again. Not being with you was killing me…fucking killing me. I never want to have to deal with that kind of pain ever again.”

Kimberly could feel tears threatening her eyes, “And I never want to see you go through that kind of pain again either.” She looked away, her eyes to the floor, “Look, I know you don't believe me, but I honestly thought you would be able to bounce back after I left.” She then looked into his blue eyes, “I never thought not being with me would affect you so much. I thought….maybe you would just get on with your life.”

Nick would not allow himself to get upset, he was not going to ruin this, “Baby…Baby Angel, how could you even think that?” He tried as hard as he could to hide the hurt in his voice.

She could hear the sting in his words and she hated that she caused him more pain. It seemed that was all she ever did anymore, “I’m sorry,” she softly said. “I guess it was because I saw how you were working on a CD with the guys and doing interviews again. It just looked to me that you were better off…you know?”

He shook his head, “No, Baby Angel. You have it all wrong.” He took her hands in his, “I was doing everything I could to keep myself busy. I was doing all I could think of trying not to think of you...but I failed. Because no matter what, you were always on my mind. Not being with you made me realize I can only be happy when you're with me. I had never been so depressed before.”

Kimberly could feel her eyes stinging and she put her hands up to his face, “I know that now. And I never want to see you in that kind of pain ever again. I love you so much, Nick.”

Hearing her say those words was like a drug addict getting his fix, “I love you,” he whispered before latching his mouth onto hers. As his tongue glided over hers, he began to gently lay her down on the couch so that he was hovering over her. His hands began to wonder over her body as their lips moved with one another. Kimberly softly moaned over him as she felt his tongue rape hers. She spread her legs so that he was right in between them and when she felt his hand touch over her underwear and rubbing his fingers over the fabric she arched her back, wanting to feel him slide his fingers inside.

The door then opened and in walked Ashley, Ray, Angel and Benny. Nick jumped off the couch when he heard the door being opened and he fell onto the floor, causing Kimberly to laugh. He looked up at her and smiled sheepishly. She quickly sat up and pulled her skirt down.

Angel raised one of her thin dark brown eyebrows, “And what was going on here?” She asked, with a smirk.

Nick stood up, looking slightly embarrassed, “Wh-what are you doing here?” He demanded, a bit annoyed since he wanted to be alone with Kimberly.

“Kim texted me,” Ashley informed him. “She told us to come up.”

He looked back at Kimberly with a surprised expression, “You did?”

She smiled apologetically, not thinking her friends would actually join. She stood up from the couch and next to him, “Yeah, I thought it would be nice to be able to all hang out…since we haven’t been able to in a while.”

“I can’t disagree with that,” said Ray, as he sat down on the love seat. Ashley sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around her.

Kimberly smiled as she watched the two. She was truly so happy for her best friend. She hated herself for feeling jealous about them before. Angel and Benny sat down on the couch. Nick sat down on the opposite end and Kimberly went to sit down next to him, but he grabbed her and pulled her down on his lap. She looked back at him and smirked. He locked his arms around her waist.

“So what’s up?” Asked Nick, with a bright smile.


Laura and Cindy were outside of the arena waiting for AJ to come and pick them up. Laura was a bit annoyed, because she thought they were going to go backstage. She could feel the fire burning inside of her, seeing Nick with Kimberly really set a flare up within her. They weren’t supposed to be together, Nick was supposed to be hers…and she would make sure of it. If Laura couldn’t have him, no one could.

“Hello, ladies,” said AJ’s charming voice. He walked over to Cindy and pulled her into him, slamming his mouth against hers.

“Mmm, hello to you too,” giggled Cindy once she pulled away. “You remember my friend Laura, right?”

What was with that name? Why did it sound so familiar? Almost like he should know it. He tried not to let it bother him and he looked at the dark haired beauty and smiled, “Hi.” He then looked at Cindy, “So I was wondering if you wanted to come up to my hotel room with me? Since my plans have changed and all.”

She grinned, “Mmm, I’d love that.” She then glanced at Laura and saw the pissed off look she was giving. Cindy bit on her lower lip, knowing she was going to regret asking this, “Uh…can Laura come? I…I don’t wanna just ditch her, ya know?”

Laura looked at her surprised, but pleased. AJ on the other hand wasn’t. He knew there would be no way that Cindy would have a three some with her friend. Maybe he could pawn her off to one of the other guys…she was obviously a fan. He couldn’t tell Cindy no, because he knew she wouldn’t leave her friend behind and there went his chance to get laid.

He nodded, “Nah, it’s cool. I think Nick is in the hotel…so she won’t be alone,” he said, with a grin.

“Nick?” Her eyes grew wide and a smile formed around her lips. If Nick was in the hotel, she would finally be able to show him what he truly was missing out if he stays with Kimberly. She would refresh his memory on that amazing night.

AJ smirked, “You like him, huh?”

Cindy laughed, “Yes.” She shook her head at him, “Don’t you remember, he went home with her that night we met.”

AJ’s eyes filled with alarm, there was no way that he could risk ruining anything between Nick and Kimberly…not again. “Uh, now that I think about it, I don’t think Nick is in the hotel at all. I think he went out with his girlfriend.”

Laura could once again feel hatred fill up inside of her. Girlfriend? So Kimberly was back to being his girlfriend, huh? Not after she got through with them she wouldn’t be. “Girl…girl friend?” She pretended to sound devastated, “How? He told me how much he liked me and wanted to see me again.” A few tears began to slowly roll down her face…thank goodness for those acting classes.

AJ looked at the girl and could not feel more bad. He knew there was no way in Hell that Cindy would leave her friend now. Fuck, why did he have to open his mouth? “Uh…maybe I’m wrong. Why don’t we go to the hotel and see if he’s there or not. If he’s not, then you can…you can just hang with us.” He didn’t realize that was going to be so difficult to say. Maybe he could persuade Cindy into having a three some. He was always good at making women changing their minds.

“God, what an asshole!” Shot Cindy, “After everything he said to you…ugh! I hate those kind of guys.” She then looked up at AJ and smiled, “I’m so glad you’re not like that.” She pressed her lips onto his, “Thank you for letting her come with us.”

He faked a smile, “No problem, babe. Come on, let’s get going before fans spot us.”

Laura smiled as she followed the two to a black car. Oh, this was going to be fun…she could feel her heart race with adrenaline.


Kimberly found herself laughing at the stupid joke Ray had just made about her and Nick going at it non-stop that week they were visiting him. “Come on, I wasn’t that loud.”

Ashley laughed, “You want a bet?!?”

Angel shook her head, “God, guys. This is stuff I do not want to know about my brother!”

Benny laughed, “I second that.”

The door then opened and AJ walked in, “Hey, guys! This is Cindy.”

Kimberly rolled her eyes, she knew that girl far too well. That was Laura’s best friend. She despised her almost as bad as Laura, except Cindy didn’t try to steal her boyfriend away.

“Hey,” mumbled Nick, as he kissed Kimberly on the neck. She smiled and looked back at her boyfriend.

“God, guys,” complained Angel. “Must you always be at it?”

“Yep,” snickered Nick.

Kimberly trembled as she felt his lips upon her earlobe, “Damn, Nick…that is giving me the chills.”

Cindy stared at the two in disgust, “Laura, you just gonna stand in the hallway all night or what?”

Nick and Kimberly’s head both shot up. They watched as Laura walked inside the hotel room, shutting the door behind her. She smiled seductively at Nick, “Hey. Miss me?”

Ashley’s eyes glared at her, “Not by a long shot.”

Nick’s blue eyes expanded as he stared at her. She smiled her malicious smile and he felt his body become tense. This couldn’t be happening. He could feel his heart beating rapidly against his ribcage. He just got Kimberly back and he knew that Laura was going to do something to ruin it all. He knew in a matter of moments his world would be crumbling down all because of that one night…that one mistake. He inhaled deeply, trying to do his best to calm his nerves, “Wh-what are you even doing here, AJ?”

He looked at him apologetically, “Sorry, man. But I promised Cindy I’d take her backstage and since everyone left I took her here. She didn’t wanna ditch her friend. The more the merrier anyway, right?”

“Of course,” said Cindy, with a wide smile. “Isn’t he just the sweetest?” She then glared at Nick, she hated how he was all over Kimberly when he told Laura all that crap back in the hotel room only a few weeks ago.

“Nick, you look great,” said Laura with a grin. “How long has it been since I last saw you?”

He felt like someone was slowly closing up his windpipe; he couldn’t breathe, “Uh…I don’t know.”

“Not long enough,” mumbled Ashley.

Laura shot in her direction, “Did you want to say something, Ashley?”

“What is there to say?” She growled, “I mean other than you trying to play the sweet act? No one here likes you, so why don’t you just leave? Don’t you think you’ve caused enough damage for one lifetime?”

Ray put his hand on her shoulder, “Ash, don’t,” he whispered.

She let out a loud sigh, “Sorry.”

Kimberly just didn’t even care anymore. Laura could no longer hurt her, she was happy. She wasn’t living with her anymore and she didn’t have Nick. Kimberly had won, not Laura and there was nothing she could do to change that. So let her try, she knew she had nothing to worry about. It would just show how pathetic Laura truly was.

“So what did you guys want to do?” Asked Cindy with a bright smile.

AJ grinned, “I can think of a few things.”

She laughed, “Oh man, I bet you could.”

Angel looked up at the girl in appall, slut was written all over her. She shook her head in dismay, “Wow,” she mumbled. “AJ, you sure know how to pick them.”

Cindy looked at Angel and suddenly felt really offended, “Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?!?”

She shrugged, “Nothing, just that you what, just met him now you’re gonna fuck him?” She then shook her head, “Groupies.”

“I am not a fucking groupie!” She snapped, “I actually met him before.”

“And I’m sure you fucked him then too.”

Kimberly was looking at Angel in shock and she couldn’t help it as she silently laughed. “Damn, Angel.”

Angel looked at her and smiled, “Just saying how I see it.”

“Angel, quit it,” ordered AJ. “She’s not like that.” He sighed and looked at Cindy, “I’m sorry. Come on, let’s go to another place I know of.”

“What about Laura?” Asked Cindy, she knew she couldn’t just ditch her.

There was no way in Hell he was going to bring her to a motel while they fucked. “She can just stay here…she’s a fan, right?”

She looked at him annoyed, “Yeah, and they’re really being welcoming to her too.”

“It’s fine,” said Laura, with a sly smile. “I’ll stay here. I know deep down they like me…right, Nick?” She asked with smirk.

Oh man, he was starting to feel sick again. He had to get out of there before Kimberly found out what he had done with this woman….he couldn’t even think about it without feeling nauseous. He looked at his girlfriend and softly said, “Why don’t we get going too? Let’s just go back to my place. It’s not that far from here.”

Kimberly smiled, “That sounds like a great idea.”

He smiled with relief, “Great. I just need to run to the bathroom real quick, then we can go.” Kimberly got off him and he stood up. He and Laura exchanged a glance before he walked away. It then hit him, what if she tried something while he was away? He’d have no way to defend himself…or have time to make up an excuse. An excuse? What kind of explanation would pretext his actions?

“So who are you?” Questioned Angel, once Nick had left. She noticed the way Kimberly was looking at her. Her green eyes were sharp and directed towards this woman, but yet there was pain behind those green eyes. She then glanced over to Ashley and saw that she had the same kind of look, except there was no pain in hers. Just anger…lots of anger.

“Laura,” she said, with a friendly smile. “You’re Nick’s sister, right?”

“Yeah.” Angel was unsure about this girl. Why did Ashley and Kimberly hate her with such a passion? It made her curious.

“I loved you in House of Carters. You were so badass.”

She raised her thin brown eyebrow, “Badass? That wasn’t what I was going for.”

“She’s my former roommate,” hissed Kimberly through her teeth.

Angel’s brown eyes lit right up. She remembered how Nick told her about that roommate. How she made her feel. She felt he jaw clench, “And what exactly are you doing here?” Her voice no longer civil.

Laura looked at the dark haired girl and could see the wrath in her eyes. She could feel now all eyes on her…she truly felt unwanted. Well, fuck them. She wasn’t here to make friends, she simply came just to show Nick just exactly what he was giving up. “I just came here with my friend.” She looked over at Cindy, “I’m gonna get a drink real quick, and then I think I’m gonna head out…I’m not really feeling welcomed.”

“Because you’re not,” hissed Ashley.

“Hey!” Growled Cindy, “She’s my guest and I’m here with AJ. She’s as welcomed as I am.”

“And who said you were welcomed?” Wondered Angel in a thick voice.

AJ shot her a hard look, “Angel, knock it off.” He sighed, “Come on, Cindy let’s just head out of here.”

“I told you, I’m not gonna leave Laura.”

“It’s okay,” she said, with a friendly smile. “I plan on leaving after I get something for my throat. Then you two can go at it like rabbits.”

Angel scrunched up her face like she had just licked a lemon, “That was an image I did not need imprinted in my mind.”

AJ grinned, “I didn’t mind.”

Cindy rolled her eyes, but couldn't help, but laugh. She then looked at Laura with concern in her eyes, “Are you sure you’re okay with this?”

“For real. Don’t worry about it.” Laura then left for the kitchen, looking behind her and saw the others talking. No one even glanced in her direction. She felt relief wash over her, but sadness at the same time. Did everyone other than Cindy truly despise her? Why? Just because she was trying to show Nick the light? He would thank her in the end and so wouldn’t those other people. She smirked, as she walked through the kitchen, there was another exit that was a hallway…which led down to where the bathroom was.


Nick looked himself in the mirror; he could feel his stomach tying into a knot. He was terrified of what Laura had told Kimberly…what if she told her that they slept together? He could feel the guilt eating him alive. How much longer was he going to be able to hide the awful truth from her? She knew that he slept around…maybe he didn’t need to tell her? He splashed water onto his face, he could do this. In a few moments, they would be out of there and go to his house…and be away from that woman. “You can do this,” he mumbled under his breath.

Nick wiped his face with a towel and opened the bathroom door and saw Laura standing there. She was smiling a devious smile and he could feel his heart go into his throat. “I was wondering when you were gonna come out.” Her thin lips in the shape of a hook as she smiled, “So did you miss me?” Her voice full with nothing but seduction, “’Cause God know I missed you.”

He could feel his heart beating with such a pace he was almost afraid he was going to give himself a heart attack, “What…” he cleared his throat as he heard the anxiety in his own voice, “What the hell are you doing here?” He demanded and tried to sound full with authority.

“Why to see you. Come on, don’t tell me you don’t think about that night.”

“Like you know I don’t,” he growled. “I’m trying to do everything to forget it! Now get the hell out of my way.”

“Come on, Nicky,” her voice still in the same tone. “Don’t be like that. You obvious are back in that terrible state you once were in. We need to get you out of it…you loved being with me…I’ve never seen you more happy.”

“I was fucking drunk out of my mind! I didn’t know what I was doing or seeing…I thought you were Kim the whole time.”

She rolled her eyes, “Oh please…I don’t think she is at all talented as I was that night.” She walked close towards him and he began to step backwards, “The way you moaned and cried my name.” She was lying through her teeth, but he was so fucked up he wouldn’t remember. She wouldn’t allow him to know that he was right…that it was Kimberly who he was thinking about…that it was she whom he called out for.

Nick looked at her disgusted, “You’re such a fucking whore.” He could feel himself becoming nauseous as the words were haunting him. Did he really call for Laura as she had her way with him? He hated how he couldn’t remember.

“Mmm, that’s okay. I’m your whore.” She then cornered him into the bathroom and he fell back onto the closed toilet seat. She forced herself onto him and pressed her lips against his, driving her tongue into his mouth as her hands rubbed his pants.

“What the hell is this?!?”

Nick’s eyes shot open and she shoved Laura as hard as he could off of him, causing her to fall onto the cold floor. He jumped up seeing Kimberly standing in the doorway with her green eyes dark and moist, “Kim, I-I can explain. She forced herself on me! She was standing there when I opened the door!” He prayed she believed him. She was probably thinking how could a small girl like Laura overpower a guy of his stature.

“Oh Nicky, please. I think it’s time you tell her about us.”

Nick could feel his heart freeze in his chest as he looked at Laura with terrified eyes. No she wouldn’t…oh yes she would. She would do anything to ruin his relationship with Kimberly…how was he going to manage to get out of this mess? How would their love survive if she found out the awful truth? It wouldn’t.

Kimberly’s green eyes darted at her with so much revulsion, “When the fuck will you get it in that thick head of yours?!? Nick will never want you! How could he?” She hissed, “It’s pretty fucking pathetic that you have to try to force yourself onto my boyfriend. He loves me, Laura! Why can’t you understand that?” She shook her head in disgust, “Just get the fuck out and whore yourself around somewhere else.”

Nick looked at her in disbelief, but he was pleased. Maybe he could weasel his way out of this mess after all. He hated to do it, but what if he lied? Kimberly would never believe Laura over him…he felt filthy just thinking it, but he couldn’t lose her again and he knew he would.

Laura’s eyes shot open and they burned with fury, “Excuse me?!?” She barked, “You seem pretty defensive…maybe because you know the truth. Nick does not love you!”

“Laura, get off it,” he growled. “You know Kim is the one I want.”

Kimberly looked pleased and looked at her former roommate, “As you were saying? Don’t let the door hit your ass on your way out.”

Laura shook her head in disgust, “Wow…Nick, you are a piece of shit. What happened to that night we had? Don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy it, because I got you off!”

“Stop with the lies!!!” Cried Kimberly.

She grinned, “Oh, it’s no lie.” Laura looked at Nick and then sighed, “Fine, if you don’t have the balls to tell her the truth…I guess I’ll just have to prove it to her.”

Suddenly Nick felt his heart go into his throat again, what did she mean? His stomach turned into a tight knot…did Laura really have proof or was she just trying to scare him into telling her the truth?

Kimberly crossed her arms, “Fine, prove it to me.” She then glanced at Nick and saw the panic in his eyes and she suddenly got a bad feeling go all through her. She swallowed hard, “Ni-Nick? You didn’t do anything with her, right?” He wouldn’t…he couldn’t. Not after how he told her what he truly thought of Laura.

Could he pull off lying to her? Would his scratchy voice give him away? Or his eyes…he knew his facial expression would. He just looked at her and said, “Wh-what? Kim, come on.” That was hardly believable.

She looked at him in doubt and suddenly she felt so very sick. No…she couldn’t…she wouldn’t believe it. Nick loved her…he turned down Laura so many times. Why would he want her now?

Laura pulled out her cell-phone and scrolled through the photos and had a grin upon her face, “What does this tell you?” She asked, flashing a picture of Nick passed out in a bed naked. She being next to him, smiling taking photos of her and him in bed. One of them her lips were to his cheek, another one where she licked down his chest. Her smile was smug as she showed them off…like she was proud of them. Well, of course she would be proud of them! She had proof that she fucked Nick Carter. She had won…she got what she wanted; Nick in her pants.

Nick could feel his heart beating in his ears as his pulse raced. Nausea was hitting him hard as he awaited the awful pain he thought he would never have to feel again. He knew within moments his world was going to be shattered all over again and there was nothing he could do to save it.

Kimberly looked at him in disbelief as her green eyes drowned in tears, “You…you slept with Laura?” She asked above a whisper.

There was no point in lying about it. The proof was right there…there was no way he could weasel his way out of this. “I was so drunk, Kim. I swear I thought she was you.”

Laura coughed out a laugh, “That’s a load of shit.” She looked at Kimberly and shook her head, “Sorry Kimmie, he wanted a woman that had skills.”

Nick glared at her, “I should have known she wasn’t you when I felt how loose you were!”

Kimberly suddenly felt so sick and she shot into the bathroom and within moments she felt a load of vomit land into the toilet. Nick rushed to her aid to hold her hair back, but once she was finished getting sick, she pushed him off of her. She walked over towards the sink and rinsed her mouth out, tears rolling down her face like a dam had just broken loose. Nick felt his heart slowly breaking all over again as he watched the pain she was in.

“Kim, you have to know that if I knew it was Laura I never would have – ”

“But it was Laura!” She yelled, “You slept with the one person who I hate…you fucked the one that was trying to break us up from the beginning…and you know what? She succeeded.” With that said, she stormed out of the bathroom and into the living room.

Nick then could feel the overwhelming of pain wash over him, but this time it was even more agonizing. This time he was the reason…the true reason for their relationship's crumble. He slept with another woman, not just any woman…but Laura. How the hell could he allow himself get so drunk where he couldn’t remember? “Kim, wait!!!” He called out and chased after her.

“Ashley, I’m leaving…I’m going home back to California,” said Kimberly in between her cries.

As soon as she saw her, Ashley jumped right off the couch and hugged her, “Oh My God. What happened?”

“Kim, please don’t go,” pleaded Nick as he rushed over towards her.

“Ask him,” she croaked out.

AJ put his hand over his face, he knew it. Just knew it. He shouldn’t have brought that girl to the hotel. All because he wanted to get laid he probably caused Nick and Kimberly to break up for good.

“What the fuck did you do to her?!” Hissed Ashley.

Angel stood up, “Guys, let’s just calm down,” she said in a steady voice. “Let’s just talk about this. I’m sure it can’t be that bad…you guys have overcome so much.”

Laura walked in and laughed, “My God, when will you people get a clue? Nick wants me not her. She’s just seeing the truth for the first time. How does it feel, Kim?” She asked, as her lips curled into a hook shape.

Cindy looked up at Laura in stun. Just from the way how her words were so sarcastic and hurtful. Yeah, Kimberly was the bitch from Hell, but the poor girl was bawling her eyes out. She stood up, “Laura…I thought she already knew?”

She shook her head, “Nope. It took a lot for me to even show Nick the truth…but he finally saw the light. Right, baby?” She asked, as she took hold of his hand.

Nick scowled at her and yanked his hand back, “Get the fuck away from me,” he grinded through his teeth. “Before I cannot control my actions and hit a woman for the first time.”

Ashley shook her head, “Wait. What…what exactly happened?”

“Nick fucked Laura,” Kimberly said as she tried so hard to control her sobs, but it was no use. The tears just kept on coming.

“WHAT?!?” Screamed Ashley, “You did not Nick….fuck please tell me you didn’t!”

Nick looked up at Ashley with his moist blue eyes, “I was so fucking drunk…I don’t remember anything that night. I swear to fucking God, when I was with Laura I thought she was Kim...” he looked up at Kimberly, “Baby Angel, I would NEVER do that to you, you know that. I love you…I wouldn’t touch Laura with a ten foot pole. How many times has she tried to get with me before and I pushed her away? I love you and only you. If I could…if I could go back and fix this fucking mess, you know I would. Just please…please don’t leave me.” Tears slowly began to roll down his face, “I’ll do anything to work this out…I’ll even beg if you want me to…I know I fucked up, I do. So please…just please let me make it up to you.”

Cindy looked at Nick and saw the pain...there was so much pain. Then she looked at Laura and saw she could not be more pleased with herself. What kind of person was she? Had she been lying to her about everything? About that night with Nick? Sure, she knew they had sex, but was it as willing as she said? It looked as though she raped him pretty much. He was so out of it and he thought the whole time that was Kimberly? If she cared for Nick the way she claimed she wouldn’t want to see him in such agony.

Kimberly looked at him and shook her head, “There's nothing to work out. It’s over…for good.” She yanked the necklace off and threw it at him, “Have fun with Laura.” She then looked over at her, “Congratulations…you won. You got Nick.” With that said, she ran out of the hotel room and hailing a taxi to take her to the airport.

Nick ran to the door…but he knew that it was too late. She was gone…really gone this time. He pressed his head against the wooden frame and let the tears freely fall.

Ashley walked over to him, “Nick,” she said in a soft voice. He turned around and thought she was going to be the understanding friend, but instead he felt her hand smack the side of his face. “YOU FUCKING PRICK! I can’t believe you out of all people would to this to her! I thought you were better than that. You cannot go blaming the alcohol, because liquor does not make a dick hard or fuck another woman.” She shook her head in disgust, “You and Laura defiantly deserve each other…Kim is defiantly way better off without you. Have a fucking great life.” She looked at Ray, “I’m sorry, but I have to go. Kim is more important to me than anything and right now she needs me more than she ever has before. I’ll call you next time I’m in town.” With that said, Ashley left the hotel room and called Kimberly to find out where exactly she was.

Nick ignored the burning sensation along his left cheek. He knew he deserved it, he deserved a lot more than just a slap. He looked to the floor and saw the Baby Angel necklace he had given Kimberly. She kept it the whole time they were apart…until now. He truly fucked up. There was no getting her back now. “I’m…I’m going to my place. Don’t bother me.”

Laura smirked, “Don’t worry, baby…I’ll help you get over that bitch if that’s the last thing I do. Come on, let’s go.”

Nick could feel anger fill up inside of him rapidly and suddenly he grabbed Laura and pinned her against the wall. His face only inches from hers, “You get this through your head. I. DO.NO.LIKE.YOU. That night was the biggest mistake of my life. You’re dead to me… fucking dead to me! If you come near me ever again, I will put a restraining order on you. Do you got that?” He snarled. Laura looked at him in shock and saw the hatred in his blue eyes that were tinted red from all the tears. She just nodded. For the first time, she was actually afraid of Nick Carter. “Good.” He then left the hotel room and slammed the door shut as hard as he could. He held the necklace tightly in his hand and felt his heart pouring out as dribbles of tears rolled down his cheeks.

“Oh My God,” she gasped. “Can you believe he did that to me?!”

Angel walked over to her, “I love my brother. I will do anything to protect him. That means getting rid of unwanted trash.”

Laura suddenly felt threatened. She looked at up Cindy, “Cind…Cindy, do you wanna…um do you wanna go now?”

She shook her head, “No, I do not. Laura, for the first time I think I just saw the real you. So don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out. Enjoy ruining someone else’s relationship.”

She looked at her bewuthered, “Wh-what? Are you serious? You’re just gonna drop me just like that?”

Cindy shrugged, “Why, you’d drop me.”

“One last thing,” said Angel.

“And what is that?” Growled Laura.

Suddenly she felt Angel’s hand smack the side of her face, “I swear to God, if you attempt to contact my brother in any way, I wouldn’t be too worried about a restraining order. Because I will fucking kill you. Do you understand that?”

A few tears escaped down Laura’s frightened face. She looked at her once friend one last time…just hoping she’d change her mind. Hurry to her aid, but she made no attempt to move. She sat back down with AJ, whom was rubbing her knee with his fingertips. She just shook her head and left the hotel room…she was now truly alone. This must be how it felt to betray the people that once loved you.


Ashley found Kimberly at the airport. They bought a one way ticket to California. Ashley was doing all she could to try to comfort her friend, but she knew there wasn’t much she could do. So she just let Kimberly cry on her shoulder…she told her she smacked him across the face, she was hoping that would perk her up a bit, but it didn’t. Kimberly never wanted to hear his name ever again. She couldn’t deal with this kind of pain, it was just unbearable. Maybe this was how he felt when she left him? How he coped is beyond her. She wouldn’t sleep around or drink herself into a dark depression though. She would be strong, she could do this…no…no, she couldn’t. As she thought that, more tears ran down her face. Life without Nick Carter was no life at all…she felt like a cold empty shell. How was she going to survive this heartache? How could he betray her like he had? How could he? She loved him, loved him so much. The saying Love feels like Heaven, but Hurts like Hell is actually true. She was in Heaven when she first met him, but now…now she was in Hell and there was nothing that could save her, because her Heaven was nothing, but a lie.
Overprotective by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 33 ~


***A Week Later***



The very next day when Kimberly returned back to California, she walked into her work and asked if she could start again. From the way it looked, you could see she was still mourning over her loved one that had died…at least that was how it appeared. To her, someone she loved did die. Nick died…he died as soon as he slept with Laura. Getting over his death was probably the hardest thing she ever had to do. Knowing she couldn’t call him, tell him that she loved him just it killed her. How could he do such a terrible thing? She had nightmares constantly about the two. Ashley tried so hard to help her, but Kimberly just kept on pushing her away. She felt so helpless, she wished there was some way to help her friend.



“Kim,” said Rebecca Sanders, whom was her manager. “Maybe you should take this time to grieve for the loss of your loved one.”

It was her first day back and she knew she had to work or she'd want to do nothing but cry. She was sick of crying! Kimberly shook her head, “I can’t, Becky,” she softly said. “I can’t just sit at home all day, it’s killing me. I need to do work…please? If you want to help me, you’ll let me stay.”

As much as she protested the idea she sighed, “Okay, fine. Clock in and I'll give your some paper work. We're trying to get in touch with Mr. and Mrs. Blackstone. Their account has been negative for almost two weeks now.”

Kimberly weakly smiled, “Thank you.”


Ashley watched as Kimberly worked double shifts at the bank. She was working herself to death and it worried her. She knew what Nick did was inexcusable, but drowning herself in her job was not the key to make the bad feelings go away. Ray would often text her, they were trying to set a date to meet up again. He told her that Nick is going to let him stay at his house in Malibu for a few weeks. Ashley was ecstatic about that…that was when he brought up Nick and how he had been doing. About how bad he had been since Kimberly left for the second time. It was too long to text so she picked up the phone and called him.

“Look Ray, I know you Nick is your friend and all, but what he did to Kim is unforgivable. I hope that guy feels like his heart is being torn out.”

He sighed, “Ash…please. He was drunk, he made a mistake. I mean, she was the one to tell him to get on with his life. He was just drinking his life away and that whore saw the state he was in and took advantage. She knew Nick wouldn’t remember anything.”

She let out a loud frustrated sigh, “Are you really trying to tell me to forgive him? Because I can’t.”

“I know, baby girl.” His phone then beeped, “Listen, I gotta get going. Nick’s calling. I’ll call you later and we’ll talk more.”

“Okay,” she simply said and hung up the phone.

She ran her hands through her hair, “Who was on the phone?” Asked Kimberly walking into the kitchen, throwing her purse on the table.

Ashley looked at her and half smiled, “Bad day?” She asked, once she saw her sit down at the table and rub her temples.

She nodded, “Like you wouldn’t even know! This jerk of a guy tried conning me into giving him a loan. What does he think I am stupid?” She let out a short laugh and shook her head. She then looked at Ashley, “So how was your day? Do anything exciting?”

Ashley just shrugged, “Not really. Had today off and Ray told me there’s a place he can stay at so he can visit for a little bit.”

She weakly smiled, “That’ll be nice. I know it must be hard dealing with this long distance thing.”

She nodded, “It really is. I mean, I really didn’t think I would like him this much, ya know?”

Kimberly warmly smiled, “I know…sometimes love will do that to ya.”

Ashley snickered, “I don’t think its love yet. Anyway, have any plans later?”

She just shrugged, “Not really.”

That sparked Ashley’s interest, “How about we go out tonight?” She grinned, “It’ll be so much fun! We haven’t gone out in ages.”

Kimberly scrunched up her face, “Mmm, I would, but I have to work early in the morning tomorrow. I told Meg I would cover her shift so she can go out with her boyfriend. Why don’t you go out and have fun?”

Ashley looked at her in outrage, “Another double?!? Girl, you’ve been working yourself to the bone. You gotta give yourself time to breathe.”

She shrugged, “I like to work…”

“No, you like to keep yourself busy so you don’t have to think about him.” Ashley learned not to mention Nick’s name after her small breakdown in their apartment. When Ashley simply mentioned his name it looked as though someone had poured salt over her bleeding wounds. The smallest things that reminded her of him sent Kimberly into such a deep depression. It made her more than concerned for her best friend.

She looked at Ashley with pained eyes, “Look, he has nothing to do with this.” She then stood up from the table and walked over to the refrigerator, “I just…I just wanna make something out of myself, that’s all.” She would not allow herself to cry, he was not worth her tears. Not after what he had done to her…she was strong…she could get over him. “I mean, this bank is giving me a shot here. They know I never finished high school and they’re willing to help me get my GED and then I can become a manager, not just a teller.” She glanced over at Ashley, hoping the tears didn’t pour from her eyes, “I can finally make something of myself.”

Ashley stood up and walked over towards her and embraced her, “Well, I’m here to support you. You know I love you, girl.”

Kimberly smiled and wiped the threatening tears from her eyes, “I know.” She then cleared her throat, “But you go out and have fun! Don’t let me hold you back, okay?”

Ashley studied her for a few seconds and finally said, “Fine.” She grabbed her phone and texted Ray and told her she would be out at a club for a while.


Kimberly laid down in her bed and flicked on the TV. She let out a loud sigh and glanced at her cell-phone. She hated how tempting it was to just call Nick and see how he was doing. From what she had heard he was terrible and as much as it should make her feel good, considering what he had done, it made her feel worse. She didn’t want him terrible, she remembered last time he was in bad shape and what it nearly did to him. Could she deal with the guilt knowing he killed himself by getting into a car accident because he was under the influence or he had alcohol poisoning so badly the doctors couldn’t save him? She thought about that day in and day out…but she also couldn’t get images out of her mind of him and Laura. She closed her eyes tightly and did everything to hold back the tears. She hated how much she missed him. She truly was in Hell.


Ashley went out to a small club in down town Hollywood. She called a few of her friends to join her, she tried to have a good time, but all she could think about was Kimberly. She was worried sick about her. Would her depression flare up again like last time? She was happy she wasn’t moping around the apartment like before. However, now she was just working herself to death. She had to work or she’d go crazy, that wasn’t a healthy way to get over a break up. She wished there was something that she could do to help. It killed her to know she could only watch helplessly.

“Hey, Ashley!” Squealed her friend, Sarah as she ran over with excitement. “A guy is asking for you.”

Ashley raised one of her thin dark eyebrows, “What? Who?”

She shrugged, “No idea, but shit girl! He is fucking hot.”

“Oh. My. God!” Cried her other friend, Megan as she rushed over to Ashley’s side. “This guy keeps asking for you…and he’s with…he’s with Nick fucking Carter!!!!”

Suddenly Ashley’s heart went into her throat. Ray? Was he here? But how? That was impossible, she just texted him maybe a little over an hour ago. “Wh-what what his name?” She then felt heat fill up inside of her as she thought of Nick being here. Hadn’t he caused enough damage?

Megan shrugged, “Who cares? Nick is here! Come on, you’re really more interested in his friend? He looked so fucking hot.”

Ashley glared at her blonde friend with sharp eyes, “I don’t give a flying fuck about Nick Carter! The guy could fall off the face of the planet and it wouldn’t faze me.”

Sarah looked at her with her hazel eyes wide open, “Well damn, Ash.” She then laughed, “Don’t care for the guy much, do ya?”

“Nope…not after what he did to Kim.”

Megan’s blue eyes expanded, “That’s the asshole?!? No fucking way. I don’t believe that. She dated Nick Carter?!? Oh My God…and she broke up with him? What’s the matter with her?”

Ashley could feel hatred build up inside of her and she glared at Megan, “You don’t know anything about him other than he’s a fucking Backstreet Boy. You don’t know him like I do, so shut your fucking mouth. And nothing is wrong with Kim, so don’t fucking even go there!”

Sarah looked at Ashley in astonishment, “Damn, girl. Remind me not to piss you off.”

Ashley shook her head, “You guys don’t know what Kim went through.” She cleared her throat, “Anyway, why don’t you show me where his friend is?” She said, with a small smile.

Megan looked at her with her blue eyes that were swelling, “I’m – I’m sorry, Ash. I didn’t mean to sound like a bitch.”

Ashley looked at her and sighed, “I know, Meg. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to jump down your throat. It’s just Kim has been through a lot, ya know? If you wanna hang with Nick that’s cool, I don’t care. I just don’t want to talk to him.”

She half smiled, “Okay, thanks.”

The three of them then walked over to where the man that had been asking for Ashley was. He was sitting at a table all alone. Ashley could feel her heart flutter from his sight. She could not believe that Ray was here in California. But how? It then accrued to her; Nick. He probably dragged poor Ray down here just to use him as bate, so Ashley caved and told him where Kimberly was. Well that was not happening! Nick could beg and plead, there was no way she was going let him see her best friend. He didn’t even realize what he had done was affecting Kimberly so much. Maybe if he saw she was such in a dreadful state he’d finally leave her alone? No…no she wouldn’t allow him to see her. She couldn’t put her through so much pain just to teach Nick a lesson.

Ashley took a deep breath and approached the table. She sat down next to Ray and smiled a wide smile, “Well, this is a pleasant surprise.”

He quickly looked up and his face began to glow, “I was wondering where you were!” He leaned over and embraced her tightly in his arms. He pulled away, but not before he pressed his lips against hers, “I’ve missed you.”

She smiled, “I missed you too. You are one sneaky guy. You were telling me about you coming up here and stay at Nick’s house…I didn’t realize you meant you were here!”

He grinned, “I wanted to surprise you.”

“Well, it worked.” She smiled shyly and then looked away, “So my friends told me they saw Nick here too.”

Ray was silent for a few seconds before nodding, “Yeah, he’s here with me.”

“Why?” She demanded, “I’m no letting him see Kim.”

He sighed, “Come on, Ash. This isn’t our battle to fight. Let them work this out…he wants to.”

“But she doesn’t!” She hissed.

“Did she say that?” Asked a voice from behind her.

Ashley glanced up and saw Nick standing behind her. She stood up and walked over to him so she was only a few inches away from him, “She didn’t need to. I know what’s good for my friend and you certainly are not! Now why don’t you scram and fuck some more pathetic groupies.”

“Ashley!” Growled Ray as he stood up, “Come on, knock it off. Don’t you think that was a little below the belt?”

She glared at Ray, “No, I do not. He fucked Laura, Ray! How the hell can you expect me to forgive him?”

Nick looked at her with his agonized blue eyes, “Please, Ash,” he choked. “I was so drunk; I barely remember anything that happened that night. It kills me to know what I did…I would never do anything with Laura willingly. Even you know that!”

She folded her arms tightly around her chest, “Alcohol is not an excuse, Nick.”

“Don’t you think I know that?!?”

“No, I don’t!”

He could feel his blue eyes sting as he looked at Ashley with pained eyes, “I love her, Ash. I know you don’t believe me, but I do. And I’m willing to do anything to get make this up to her.”

Ashley glared at him and shook her head, “There is nothing that you can do to make up what you have done. I’m sorry, but that’s the truth.” She looked at Ray, “I’m sorry, I know he’s your best friend, but you know where I stand.”

He sighed and nodded, “I know,” he mumbled. He wished so much that he could make Ashley change her mind and allow Nick to fix the mess he made. However, he also knew where she was coming from and she loved Kimberly. She was just watching out for her…he would probably do the same thing if the situation was reversed.

Nick looked at her pained, “Ash, please,” he pleaded. “Just let me talk to her for a minute.” There was no ounce of alcohol in his system, the tears he began to shed were pure. He loved Kimberly more than he could ever love a woman and he felt like nothing could ever bring them back together. Especially if Ashley wouldn’t tell him where she was. He just wanted a few minutes to beg for her forgiveness…he wanted to prove to her how much he loved her and could never consider being with anyone other than her.

She ignored him completely and turned to Ray, “Listen, I’m gonna head back to my place.” She paused, “If you want, you can come with me?” A small smile formed around her lips.

He looked at Nick to make sure it was alright. He couldn’t just leave him behind, he was a wreck. He hated how Ashley was being so stubborn, but still he understood. “Nick, will you be okay if I leave?”

“Of course he will!” Spat Ashley, “There are a ton of girls here. A few of my friends would kill to hook up with him.”

Nick looked at her outraged, “Ashley, you know what? FUCK YOU!” He then stormed away and walked over towards the bar.

She shook her head in disgust, “I knew it was only a matter of moments before he caved and drank himself to death.”

Ray shot her a hard look, “Ashley!” He growled, “I know you hate him for what happened with him and Kim, but for Christ’s sake! He’s my friend and he’s hurting as much as Kim is. So just lay off the guy, will ya?!?” He shook his head, “Maybe I’ll just head home with him instead.”

He went to walk away, but she grabbed onto his arm, “Ray, don’t!” She looked at him with apologetic eyes, “I’m sorry…I just…I just hate what Kim is going through.” She sighed, “Maybe what I said was a little below the belt.”

“A little?”

She groaned, “Okay, okay. Maybe a lot. But I can’t help it. My bitchiness comes out when my friends are hurt. This is the second time she’s been crushed.”

“The first time was her call, not his.”

“I know…but it still doesn’t make it easier to watch.”

“How do you think it makes me feel, Ash? He’s my best friend. I just wish you would reconsider.”

“Please, Ray. Don’t. Now do you want to go back to my place or what?”

He half smiled and nodded, “You know I do.”

She smiled wide and wrapped her arms around him, “Good.” Her lips met with his, “Because I really missed you.”

“I missed you more,” he whispered.

He glanced over at his friend one last time, seeing him sitting down on a stool, drinking some sort of alcoholic drink. All he could do was shake his head…he was going down the same path as before, but sadly there was nothing he could do about it.

“Come on, let’ s go,” Ashley gently ordered, as she pulled his arm.

He looked at her and smiled a fake smile. He was happy that he was going to be able to spend time with her, he just hated leaving Nick alone in that state. Maybe he would get lucky tonight, there were more than enough girls in the club that would love to get with him. Hopefully he wouldn’t be alone.


Nick drank the beer he had ordered. He was so tempted to order a shot, but he promised himself he would not go down that road again. That is what got him in this mess in the first place. He felt his eyes burning as the tears slowly threatened their way out. He felt a hand go on his back; he glanced over and saw a beautiful blonde girl next to him. He rolled his eyes and looked away, and took another sip of his drink. He was not going to leave with some groupie, he wouldn’t allow it. No matter how much the sexual tension killed him, he would hold his ground.

“Are you okay?” Her sweet candy voice hit his ears.

He just nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine,” he murmured before taking another sip.

She sighed, “Damn, I guess Kim really did a number on you, didn’t she?”

That grabbed his attention and he immediately looked at her, “You know Kim?!?” His voice suddenly full with hope.

She got caught off guard by his suddenly interest, but she nodded, “Yeah. She’s one of my friends…” she paused, “Well, she’s more Ashley’s friend than mine, but I work with her.”

His anxious eyes blew up, “You work with her? Do you…do you know when she’s working next?”

She nodded, “Y-yeah. Tomorrow.” Was Ashley going to kill her for giving him all this information? She shook that thought right out of her mind; the poor guy was nearly in tears. If she didn’t do something for him, who would? She loved Ashley and she admired the way she cared for Kimberly, however sometimes she cared too much. Maybe in a way, when she thought she was protecting her, she was actually sheltering her. This was Kimberly and Nick’s problem and it wasn’t Ashley’s place to interfere.

Nick took a deep breath, was this girl only toying with him, or did she actually want to help? “Can you…can you tell me where she works?”

Megan slowly nodded, “Yeah. She works at Bank of America on 85 Linking Street in West Hollywood.”

Nick suddenly embraced her tightly in his arms and Megan could feel herself melting in his embrace, “Thank you,” he whispered.

She smiled and pulled away just enough so that she could look into his blue eyes, “You have nothing to thank me for.” She then looked to the floor before meeting with his eyes again, “I’m not going to lie…I am a huge fan of yours…and not jumping all over you is being really difficult on me,” she said, with a nervous laugh. Nick just smiled, “But seeing the way you were…you looked so sad. I may not be able to have sex with you,” she said, with another laugh. “But at least I can help you out.”

Nick looked at her dumbfounded, “Wow…” He paused, not really knowing what to say, “Thank you,” was all he could think of. “It’s not every day I meet a beautiful girl that rather help me work things out with my girlfriend than get in my pants. But let me tell you this,” he said, as he pushed her blonde hair behind her ear, “If I weren’t so crazy for Kim, I’d be all over you in a heartbeat. Because man, you are fucking hot.”

She laughed and could feel her cheeks burning from his compliment, “Thank you.”

“What’s your name?” He wondered.

“Meg,” she answered.

“Well, how about this, Meg.” He pulled out his phone, “How about a picture?”

She smiled, “I’d like that.”

Nick wrapped an arm tightly around her shoulder and gently pulling her into him. Megan wrapped her arms around him, and pressed her head against his. She smiled so wide, her heart was beating out of control. She couldn’t believe she was this close to Nick Carter. She could have tried to seduce him, and she knew if he didn’t look like someone had struck a dart in his heart she’d be all over that. She smiled widely when she saw the picture. He asked her if she had a twitter and what person in this day and age did not use Twitter? She gave him her username and he sent her a direct message of the picture.

“Thank you so much, Meg. I really can’t thank you enough. But I’m gonna head out.” He gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek, “You’re a good person.” He then stood up and left the club.

Megan sat there, struck in shock. She could not believe what had just happened. She let Nick slip right through her fingers. Although, she knew her boyfriend would be really upset at her if she slept with him.


Ashley walked into the apartment with Ray, they tried as hard as they could to be quiet. Ashley told him that Kimberly was sleeping because she had a long shift the next morning. They then both jumped when they saw her in the kitchen.

“Kim, what…what are you doing up?” She demanded, somewhat startled.

“Getting a drink,” she replied, staring up at Ray in complete astonishment. “H-hi, Ray. What…what are you doing here?”

He cleared his throat, “I wanted to surprise Ashley,” he answered with a grin. “She told me you have a big day tomorrow. I’m surprised you’re up.”

Kimberly shrugged, “I couldn’t really sleep.” She looked to her can of Sprite before looking up at him again, “Is Nick…um is Nick here?”

“No,” answered Ashley. “He came on his own.”

Ray shot her a hard look; she really did not want Kimberly to see him. It was starting to really irk him. Yeah he understood that Ashley didn’t want to see her in pain again, but it was not her place. Ashley’s eyes burned right through his and he knew if he opened his mouth about Nick being in town he would be in the dog house.

“Oh,” she said, sounding almost disappointed. “It’s probably for the best anyway. Well, I’m gonna try to get some sleep. Night guys…and Ray, it was great seeing you again.”

He half smiled, “You too, Kim. Goodnight.” He watched as she left for her bedroom and once he heard the door shut he glared at Ashley, “Why did you say that?!?” He demanded, “She should know he’s here.”

“Shh, keep your voice down,” she ordered. She walked into her bedroom with him following her. She shut the door behind her and sat down on the bed and looked at him with her large chocolate eyes, “I’m doing this for her own good.”

He sighed and sat down next to her, “I know you don’t want her to get hurt, but she has a right to know.” He took her hand and pressed his lips to her knuckles, “I just don’t want you getting hurt in the long run because she finds out.”

She shook her head, “She won’t find out. Anyway, let’s stop talking about Nick and Kim. Let’s talk about us,” she said with a coy smile.

Ray smiled, “Mmm, that’s a topic I love talking about,” he murmured as he kissed he gently on the neck. Ashley softly laughed, “Okay, you know how that gives me the chills.”

He smirked, “I know.” He pulled away and looked into her hypnotizing eyes, “Ash…I need to tell you something that has been eating at me for a while now.”

She looked at him alarmed, “What? Is everything okay?”

He nodded, “Yeah, everything is fine…it’s just…well…I think I’m in love with you.”

Ashley looked at him shocked. She could feel her heart beating out of control. The last time someone ever told her that they loved her; they ended up ripping her heart out. She was terrified that was going to happen again, she fought against the words that entered her mind, but she couldn’t contain them when they left her mouth, “I love you too.” She could feel relief lift off her shoulders, she was afraid of the outcome after saying the words, but she felt no fear at all.

Ray pulled her into his embrace and his mouth met with hers. Their emotions were flooding through their kissing. He laid her down on the Queen sized bed and continued to rape her mouth his tongue as his hands worked over her curvy body.


Kimberly laid in bed and could feel tears threaten her eyes. So Ray came but Nick didn’t? Well why would he? She did break up with him…he slept with her worst enemy. How could she forgive that? She heard soft moans coming through her walls and she grabbed her pillow and put it over her face. She felt the tears rolling down her face, she truly missed Nick and hearing Ray and Ashley make love was making it even more difficult on her. She removed the pillow and grabbed her remote to her stereo and turned it on, blocking out her friends going at it. She turned off the light and hugged her pillow, sighing loudly wishing more than anything she was in the arms of her love. No matter what, she knew she would never get over Nick. He was her true love, he made her feel like gold…without him life was so empty.
Life Without You Is No Life At All by Cartersbitch
~ Chapter 34 ~



Kimberly walked into work the next morning feeling like a complete zombie. She overslept; the music she put on last night drowned out the ringing to her alarm clock. She quickly put her hair up in half a pony tail and barely had any time to do her make up. She only put on some cover girl and lip gloss. She was supposed to be there for seven and it was already eight-thirty. She felt horrible, she hated being late. She kept on apologizing, but thankfully her manager was very understanding. She wasn’t even supposed to be working anyway. She was taking someone else’s shift. Megan called her a few days earlier and asked if she could cover for her. She didn’t know much about her, but she seemed like a really sweet person. She hung out with Ashley a lot. Kimberly worked so much she barely had time for herself, let alone time with her friends.



“Damn, Kim,” said her co-worker Carrie. “Rough night?” She asked, with a raised eyebrow.

Kimberly sat down at her desk and slowly shook her head, “I couldn’t sleep…” she paused, “Ashley’s boyfriend is in town for a little bit.”

She laughed, “Oh…okay. I got ya. Way to go, Ash.”

“Yeah, way to go,” she mumbled, turning her head. She then cleared her throat, “But I need to get organized. Catch you at lunch or something.”

Carrie nodded and walked away and over to her desk. Kimberly let out a loud sigh, she hated that she said yes to doing another double. She was barely working on five hours of sleep. She glanced at the clock, only twelve hours to go, she groaned to herself.


As the day pressed it, she was slowly starting to wake up thanks to her delicious coffee coolatta. Starbucks wasn’t nearly as good as Dunkin Donuts so she praised Carrie when she said she was going to Coffee Bean. That was the only place she liked to go to for her caffeine. It was a slow day, which was making the shift feel longer than she would have liked. She opened a few new checking accounts and even made a few loans. She was impressed with herself, she loved how Rebecca trusted her enough to give her that kind of authorization. Most tellers weren’t allowed to give out any loans, but since Rebecca wanted her to train as assistant manager she gave her permission. Working at a bank for her career. She never thought of that kind of profession, but she liked the ring to it. It was better than cashiering at a register for the rest of her life. She then heard a squeaky voice and she looked up to see Megan come in. She was grabbing her paycheck. She spotted Kimberly and walked over and thanked her again for covering for her.

She kindly smiled and looked up at her, “It’s no problem at all. Gives me something to do. Plus, I’m sure you would have done the same thing for me.”

Megan smiled and embraced her into a hug, “You’re such an awesome person!”

Kimberly softly laughed, “Thanks. I try.”

“So anything exciting happening here today?” She asked with a bright smile.

Kimberly softly chuckled, “Uh, look around.” She then laughed, “Should there be something exciting happening?” She wondered as she studied Megan’s face a little curious about her question and facial expression.

She quickly composed her face and shook her head, “Nope. Was just asking to see if I was missing anything.” She then laughed, “Well, I gotta get going. Johnny is taking me to this restaurant I never even heard of. Gotta love good boyfriends.” Megan wanted to bite her tongue when she saw the sad expression come over Kimberly’s face, “Uh, well I gotta go. I hope the rest of the shift goes by fast for you.”

Kimberly tried to ignore the throbbing in her chest and forced a smile across her face, “Thanks, me too.”

After Megan stopped in, the day seemed to drag. Nick was now the only thought in her mind. Wasn’t that the reason why she wanted to take this shift in the first place? She wanted to try so hard to block him…to block the image of his face. Nothing seemed to work. Each hour that passed felt like a decade. When she looked up at the clock for what seemed like the tenth time, she saw that she only had half an hour left. Finally the end of the shift was slowly coming to a close. She figured she might as well finish her paper work, that way it would take up most of her time and she could leave.



A blonde man walked into the bank and suddenly girls gasped and all eyes were on him. He kindly smiled to them, thankfully they were professional enough to stay behind their desks. He didn’t want anyone to ruin this moment. He glanced around the large room until he spotted her. She had her head down doing paper work. His heart went out as he watched her push her hair behind her ears. Her highlighted hair really brought out her eyes. He loved it on her, hell he loved everything on her. He slowly began to approach her desk, feeling his nerves going into a frenzy.



As Kimberly was scribbling down all the information she needed she heard the gasps. Her heart then went into her throat, were they getting robbed? Did she even want to look up? She then felt someone standing in front of her desk. Was this the robber? Was he pointing a gun to her head? Was he going to shoot her? Didn’t he see that she wasn’t working with money?

She put the pen down and tried to contain herself from trembling in fear. She slowly looked up and that was when she was met with a pair of blue eyes. She felt her whole body going into convulsions; she couldn’t control her breathing and she was quivering like she was in an earthquake. Was this real? Was it actually happening? Was Nick really standing in front of her? Or was this just another dream? There was no sign of Laura so it must not have been a dream. He just stared at her as she racked her mind with thoughts. His eyes were full with so much pain, even a blind man would be able to see. She saw he must have not shaved since they parted their ways, for he had scruffles all along his jawline. His blonde hair was brushed back, but a few strands still managed to fall into his eyes. Oh how he still made her heart skip a beat.

He swallowed hard, “Hey…hey, Kim,” his scratchy voice hit her ears.

His voice so broken she didn’t know how to comprehend. She was afraid to even speak, she knew once she opened her mouth it would sound even worse than his. Broken beyond repair. She refused to let him see her cry. She wouldn’t…she couldn’t! She grabbed the pen on her desk and dropped her eyes to the paper that was in front of her and began to scrawl on it. She took a deep breath, praying her emotions were in check, “Did…did you want something?” Her voice didn’t sound cracked, just terribly rickety.

The fact that she wouldn’t look him in the face killed him. He swallowed the lump that formed in his throat, “I-I had to see you again, Baby Angel.”

Kimberly felt like her heart was slowly being torn apart. That nickname got her every time. She couldn’t deal with this…not right now…not at her job. “I’m at work…” she whispered, trying so hard to speak without breaking down. “You should…you should go.” She felt her bottom lip tremble and she immediately closed her eyes to avoid the tears from flushing out. One managed to escape and drip down on the form.

Nick looked at her pained, but he was not going to give up. “I’ll wait until your shift is over,” he promised. “Just don’t turn me away.”


Rebecca saw the terrible state she was in and walked over towards Kimberly’s desk, “Kim, why don’t you just leave?” Asked her manager, “You only have fifteen minutes left of your shift. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said in her warm voice.

Kimberly didn’t want to look up, she didn’t want the tears to spill from her eyes. She just silently stood up and as quickly as she could, she walked into the bathroom. She locked the door behind her and that was when she let the tears pour down her face. She sobbed like she had never sobbed before. Oh how she missed him, she just wanted to pull him in her arms and hold him so tight. But the pain she was feeling was almost unbearable, she didn’t know how to handle it. He betrayed her in the worst way he could…how could she possibly let that slide?


Nick waited outside of the bathroom door and he could feel his heart slowly starting to shrivel as he heard the drowned out cries. He closed his eyes tight and tried to contain his emotions, he was causing her so much pain. How could he make it go away? How was he going to make things go back like they used to be? The door then opened and once again they were met face to face. Her eyes were blood shot and her face was wet. She must have splashed water into her face. All he wanted to do was hold her in his arms and try to do everything to make this pain of hers stop. But how could he when was the cause of it?

Kimberly looked into his warm eyes and saw how much love and concern he had…she didn’t know how to handle it. Why did he care so much? How could he care so much when he could go off and have sex with Laura? Why didn’t he care then?!? She then felt everyone’s eyes on her. A few employees asked if she was alright and she just nodded. That was when everyone was giving Nick the death stare. No longer did he have girls lusting after him…it almost looked like they wanted nothing more than to rip him limb from limb. Not that he blamed them though. He was happy to know Kimberly worked with such caring people.

They both walked outside and to the parking lot. Kimberly was walking much faster, almost like she was trying to escape him. He couldn’t let her get away…did she not even want to try to work things out? It had only been a week, but each day without her felt like an eternally. She walked over to her car and tried to put the key in the lock, but Nick grabbed her wrist, “Kim, please,” his voice gentle. “Just talk to me.”

She was then forced to look at him with her sore eyes, “And say what, Nick? What do you want me to say? Huh?” Her voice was nothing but bitter, “What the hell are you even doing here in the first place? Ashley told me that Ray came here alone. Are you here to torment me some more? If that’s the case, well it’s working!”

Nick’s eyes began to sting from her harsh words, “First of all,” he began. “Ashley knew I was here, she just didn’t want me seeing you. I begged her…fucking begged her if I could talk to you. She refused. So she lied to you, Kim. And torment you? The last thing I would ever want to do is cause you pain.”

Knowing that Ashley had lied to her really irked her. Why would she lie? She knew that she was only probably looking out for her, but still she shouldn’t have lied. She had a right to know. Kimberly looked up at him with tears overflowing her eyes, “If that’s the case then you wouldn’t have fucked Laura!” She yelled.

People in the parking lot were turning and looking at them, “Could we please go somewhere private to talk about this?” He pleaded.

“What is there to talk about, Nick?”

That was when she saw the small drops roll down his cheek and seeing him cry never was more painful, “Everything, Baby Angel.” There was the name again…it still made her heart flutter, “You can just listen and I’ll do the talking…just please, Kim?”

Why couldn’t she just turn him away? What he did was unforgivable. Why couldn’t she just tell him to get out of her face? Maybe it was the heart wrenching look in his eyes. She knew he was still in love with her and she was in love with him. Oh how she loved him so much. It was like a curse. Why couldn’t she just get over him? Because the pounding in her chest wouldn’t allow it…she craved his touch…she craved his love. “Fine, we can talk,” she finally said through her low voice.

Hope flared up in Nick’s eyes, “Where do you want to go?” He asked, trying to hide the smile that slowly was threatening his lips.

She shrugged, “I don’t know.” She was silent for a few moments, “I guess we can go to my place.”

He nodded, “Sounds like a plan.” It sounded like a great plan! Being alone with her in her apartment would be just what they needed. He could talk to her; really talk to her about everything. Most importantly no one was going to corrupt her mind by telling her not to work things out. He understood where Ashley was coming from, but this was not her place. He wanted Kimberly to make her own decisions about him. If she said fuck you, I want nothing more to do with you he would understand. He could cry like a little bitch, but he would take it. But he had a feeling maybe Ashley was inputting thoughts in her head…thoughts about him. Yeah he was an asshole, he was scrum. It was all the truth, but this scumbag knows he made a mistake and wanted to do everything and anything possible to make it up to her. He would crawl over broken glass, walk across hot coals. He would do it all just to get her back in his life…get things back to how they were before.

“Well, come on.”

The coolness of her voice disturbed him, he wondered if she even wanted to fix things. He couldn’t think like that, he had to get her back. He couldn’t take no for an answer, he just couldn’t. He got in on the passenger’s side. He tried to make small talk, but Kimberly barely even looked at him. Her eyes were to the road and both hands were on the wheel. Nick could feel paranoia fill up inside of him…was his heart going to shatter all over again? Did he really want to put himself through another torture chamber by trying to crawl back into her heart? He was starting to feel uneasy. No, he would not let the fear of rejection stop him from giving up on the woman he loved.

After about twenty minutes of silence, Kimberly finally pulled into her driveway. Nick thought he was going to go mad from the tension. He hated that she wouldn’t talk to him, not the way she used to. He hated the one worded answers. He saw that there was another car in the driveway and he silently groaned, he knew that must have been Ashley’s car.

“Well, this going to be fun,” he muttered as he got out of the car.

Kimberly snapped her head back and shot a pained look. Her green eyes once more flooded with tears, “Excuse me?!?” The hurt showed perfectly in her voice, “You know what, I’m thinking the same exact thing.” She shook her head angrily, “This was probably a bad idea.” She let out heavy sigh as she said, “Maybe…maybe you should just go.” She didn’t expect those words to be so painful; she felt the ache all in her chest as her heart began to bleed out.

Nick looked at her terrified by the hostility in her voice. He then felt his throat closing up. No he didn’t mean that about her…he meant it about Ashley. Fuck! “I-I wasn’t talking about us, Kim,” his voice just above a whisper.

Kimberly saw the hurt look in his eyes and the pain in his voice. She suddenly felt horrible for saying what did and how she said it, “What were you talking about then?” She asked in a kinder tone.

“Ashley,” he answered, as he dropped his head and began to slowly walk over towards the apartment. “She’s going to throw a fit when she sees me walk in there with you.”

She chewed on her bottom lip, trying to hide the tears that stung her eyes. She hated how she upset him so badly…but the pain he was in was nothing compared to kind he put her through. She cleared her throat, “Don’t go worrying about Ashley, Nick. I’m a big girl, I can make my own choices.” He just silently nodded and she could see he was still worked up from her previous comments and she let out a sigh, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t mean it the way it came out.”

He looked at her with his saddened eyes, “Yes, you did.” He made a small exhale, “But I can’t blame you. Come on, let’s go inside.”

Kimberly nodded. She went in front of him and led the way to the front door. She walked in and thankfully Ashley was nowhere to be seen. She didn’t care either way; it was Nick whom was uptight about it. “Well, my room is right down this hall,” she told him, walking through the apartment.

They then heard giggling and moments later Ashley and Ray walked out of their bedroom. She had her purse in her hand and it looked as though they were about to head out. Once she caught a glimpse of Nick she stopped dead in her tracks, “What the hell do you think you’re doing here?” She growled.

He looked at her annoyed and calmly answered, “To see Kim. Why else?”

“Well, I think you need to get the hell out of my apartment right now before I escort you out!”

“Ashley,” whispered Ray. “Kim’s here, let her deal with him.” He looked up at Nick apologetically. Nick shrugged, not at all concerned about Ray. It was his girlfriend that was pissing him off.

“Excuse me!” Snapped Kimberly, “But I believe this is my apartment too, is it not?”

Ashley looked at her and sighed, “Yes Kim, but I just don’t want him here. I mean look what he did to you!”

“I brought him here, so I think I should be the one to tell him he has to leave.” She then glared at her, “And what the hell, Ash? I asked you last night if Nick was here with Ray and you told me no. Why did you lie to me? Didn’t you think I had a right to know?!?”

Ray knew this was going to happen, why couldn’t Ashley just back out of the situation and let Nick and Kimberly just deal with it like adults? Lately Ashley was reminding him so much of Angel, Nick’s sister. He knew where her heart was and yeah, it was in the right place. But the situation was not hers to take control of and she had to learn to understand that.

Ashley suddenly felt like she was only an inch tall. She should have listened to Ray, but she was so terrified of Nick hurting Kimberly again. She was doing what she had to do, “I was trying to protect you,” she mumbled as she looked to the hardwood floor. She then looked up at Kimberly’s angry green eyes, “I didn’t want him hurting you again. I hated seeing you go through so much pain.”

Kimberly understood why she tried to shield her from the information about Nick being in California and she couldn’t be angry at her for that. That is what a true friend would do…hell she would probably do the exact same thing for her if it were Ray that hurt her. Laura wouldn’t give a damn. She would end up making some sort of lie that he was caught making out with some chick just to see the hurt expression on her face. Kimberly was truly blessed to have such an amazing person in her life like Ashley. “I know Ash, and I love you for that. But you can’t keep stuff like this from me. I’m a big girl and I can fight my own battles. I don’t need my best friend beating up all the bullies just so I won’t get picked on.”

She half smiled and was so thankful that she wasn’t extremely mad at her, “I can’t help it sometimes. You know I love you.”

Kimberly smiled, “I know. I love you too.” She then hugged her friend, “But listen I really wanna talk to Nick about some things.”

“That’s fine…Ray and I were heading out anyway.” She looked at Nick and she began to feel a little bad. She put her hand on his arm, “Don’t take it personal it’s just she’s my girl, ya know?”

He looked at her and nodded and a half smile formed around his lips, “I know, Ash. I’m really glad she has someone that looks out for her.”

She returned the smile, “That’s what I’m here for. Well maybe I’ll see you later.” She looked at Ray, “Ready, babe?”

He nodded, “Yeah.” Feeling relief that the tension between his girlfriend and best friend was gone. He just hoped that Kimberly and him could now work things out…he prayed they would. Ray and Ashley then left the apartment.

Nick and Kimberly both walked into the bedroom sitting down on the bed. Neither one of them even knew what to say. Where could they begin? The tension filling up the room was so thick not even a knife would be able to cut through. Nick exhaled deeply before looking at Kimberly, only to see her looking down at her feet; avoiding all possible eye contact. He could feel his stomach go into his throat and his heart beating so loudly it sounded like drums in his ears. He was racking his mind with thoughts…he was trying to figure out how he should begin, but his nerves were so shot, he almost forgot how to speak. And before he could get his voice back, Kimberly’s broke through his ears.

“So…what did you walk to talk about?” Her voice was distance and she didn’t even lift her head to look at him while she spoke.

He suddenly began to feel nauseous, how could she sound so bitter? Did she not even want to be there? Did she not want to work things out? He knew she missed him, he could see it…he could hear it in her cracked voice. “I-I miss you,” he hoarsely said. It was the only thought that came to his mind, he did miss her. Missed her more than she could even comprehend. She was everything to him and without her, he was nothing.

She could feel the tears building up in her eyes, “I miss you too,” she whispered, glancing up at him. She was trying so hard to hold back her emotions. Could he not see how difficult this was on her? He was sitting there, not even inches away from her, but yet so far away. It killed her knowing she couldn’t just pull him in her arms and ravishly kiss him…tell him repeatedly that she loved him. But whenever she closed her eyes it was always Laura she saw him with now.

Nick caught her glance and once their eyes met she immediately looked away. She wasn’t quick enough, he saw those tears. He felt a small ounce of hope fill up inside of him. She may have wanted to lie and say that she no longer loved him and was done with him, but those eyes…in those beautiful eyes he saw nothing but love. Love she had for him, “God, Baby Angel.” She felt herself shutter. How she longed to hear him call her that…how she longed for so many things. But she had to face reality, what she wanted just couldn’t be, “This past week has been nothing, but hell.” He let out a heavy sigh, “The only thing I could think of was I just got you back…” he paused, “Only to lose you again.” That time she couldn’t help herself and she looked up at him with her swollen eyes. It pained him when he saw the suffering in those pools of green. He had to make this right again, the pain they were both in was so unbearable. He prayed finally they were on the right path now. He reached out and placed his hand on top of hers, but she slowly pulled it away. That was when Nick felt the cold stab of rejection. He could feel pain shooting all throughout his body. No this couldn’t be happening. She was truly rejecting him. He wouldn’t believe that. He knew she loved him and he was not about to give up, “I love you,” he whispered through his cracked voice. He was praying and hoping that she would return the words.

She looked at him again and that time tears were slowly running down her face. Yes, he saw the love she had for him. It was painful to watch; he hated that she was fighting it. But this was not a battle he was going to let her win. She dropped her head and spoke in an unsteady voice, “You know, ever since you’ve been gone I haven’t been able to sleep at night.”

Finally she was talking. The uncomfortable silence was driving him mad with anxiety, “Me either.” He let out a dishearten sigh, “You’ve been the only thing I can think about…when I’m awake and asleep. You haunt my mind, Baby Angel. And you’re gonna keep on haunting me until I have you with me again.”

Kimberly felt her bottom lip quivering and she tightly closed her eyes. She hated that she couldn’t control her tears, she hated how they kept on flooding out of her eyes like a broken dam. She swallowed hard, “I can’t sleep at night,” she continued in her weary voice, “Because I keep having these nightmares.” She wished so badly that she could just talk normally and not like a frog was constantly in her throat.

Nick hated the pain she was in…the way her beautiful voice cracked and sizzled from holding back her cries. Maybe her having nightmares was a good thing…maybe they were triggered because he no longer was in her life. He wanted to be her dream catcher; he wanted to make those bad dreams go away. “What are they about?” He softly asked. The only thought in his mind about her nightmares was he was what she dreamed about…she missed him and needed him in her life again.

“You,” she said above a whisper. He knew it, he was what triggered them. So he should be the one to make them go away. Before he could reply with his diagnosis, she said something he was not expecting and as soon as the words left her mouth he could feel the penetration of a dart carving through his heart. “Having sex with Laura.” She put her hands over her face and softly sobbed, “That’s all I ever see when I close my eyes,” she wept.

Nick dropped his head into his hands, she was never going to forgive him was she? How was he supposed to gain her forgiveness if she couldn’t let it go? He wished so bad he could remember what happened that night, he would give anything if he could go back and correct everything. He would have never went home with her…fuck he didn’t even remember leaving the damn club! He glanced at with his now tinted blue eyes, “I don’t know how many times I have to tell you I don’t remember what happened that night, Kim,” he said through his torn voice. “I don’t even remember leaving the fucking club. When I was having sex, I swear to fucking God I thought it was you. You were the one in my mind when I was having sex…you were the one I thought about…and I’m willing to bet you were the one I called out for. Not Laura!”

“So what are you saying? She raped you?” Sarcasm was in her words.

He let out a loud sigh, “Yes! I would never go willingly, Kim. You should know that!”

“Why should I do know that?” She demanded, “It’s not like you didn’t fuck other girls while you and I were apart.”

That was below the belt…way below. He didn’t even know how to react to that. He stood up and ran his hands aggressively through his hair and turned to her. His eyes burning with anger, “Are you fucking kidding me, Kim?!?” His loud words caused her to jump and look up at him startled, “You’re the one that fucking broke up with me and told me to get on with my life! I tried to do that…I tried so fucking hard! But you know what? I couldn’t function without you! You were the only thing on my fucking mind!” He couldn’t seem to control himself as the words just kept on spitting out like acid, “So I drank myself to death…I was doing everything I could possibly think of to numb myself. The pain I was feeling was the worst I’ve ever been in. So yeah, I fucked other girls…I was at the point in my life where I didn’t give a fuck. These girls wanted me, I didn’t care about myself, I didn’t care about anything except you. Death to me was welcoming, because I didn’t want to deal with that pain. So I drank myself until I couldn’t remember what happened until I woke up the next morning. I was doing what you said…getting on my life.” He paused and wiped away the tears that oozed down his flushed face, “But you wanna know something? I didn’t have a life without you, Kim. Can’t you see that? And when Laura did what she did with me I was so messed up I had no idea what was going on If I knew that was Laura I would have told her to go fuck off and you even know that. So please don’t go trying to make me feel like a piece of shit because I had sex with other girls. I was doing the only thing I knew how to do to try to get over you…and you wanna know something? It didn’t work!”

Kimberly looked up at Nick in complete stun. His tears poured down his face and he was losing all control of his emotions. She hated how he was right. She told him to go on with his life…she told him to move on. And he did…and she was the one that came back. So why should he have to be the one to pay? Maybe she thought somewhere in the back of her mind that he would be just as miserable as her…he wouldn’t be able to touch another woman. That she was the only thing on his mind. Seeing the pain he was in was killing her. It was killing them both. They were both suffering so much, why couldn’t they make it stop? Why couldn’t they just go back to how they used to be? “So…so is this my fault?” She asked through her small cries, “I’m the reason why you got so drunk…I’m the reason why you nearly killed yourself.”

He let out a very loud and angry sigh, “You know damn well you’re not.” He leaned against the baby blue wallpaper and put the heels of his hands to his eyes, “I don’t know how to fix this,” he softly wept. “I don’t’ know to make you see you’re the only woman I want to be with…the only woman I can be with.” He pulled his hands away from his swollen eyes and looked at her, “I know I’m lower than scum and I don’t blame you for hating me. I fucking…” he inhaled deeply trying to keep his emotions in check, but was failing miserably. “I fucking hate myself for what I’ve done. You say you have nightmares? I do too. I can’t stop thinking about that night….I can’t rid her out of my mind. I feel so fucking disgusting that my body allowed her to turn me on. The only woman that is supposed to do that is you, Baby Angel. God I wish you could fucking believe me.” He closed his eyes tightly and gently banged the back of his head against the wall.

Kimberly wiped her drowning eyes and slowly stood up. She did believe him and she did love him. She wished so badly she didn’t…she wished she could think of him as just another guy. But he stole her heart and she could see he was not willing to give it up. He would fight for it, he would die for it. “I do believe you,” she whispered through her shattered voice.

He opened his eyes and saw her standing only a few inches away from him, “I fucking hate myself, Kim. If I could go back in time and take everything back…everything! Starting with the lies, about the band…about the break up. About everything.”

She felt her bottom lip quivering and she nodded as she looked up at him with her red tinted eyes, “I know, Nick,” she murmured. She swallowed hard and pressed her face against his chest before breaking down, “I just hate that I can’t get her out of my mind. I hate that you fucked her…I want to hate you so bad.” Her harsh words were causing his heart to bleed, but he knew she had to let it all out. He didn’t want her to hold back how she really felt, “I just want this nightmare to be over.”

Nick hesitantly wrapped his arms around her and she embraced her and he felt her body tremble as she cried. “I will do anything to make it up to you, Kim. I swear to you…just tell me what you want me to do.”

“I want you to promise you’ll never lie to me about anything ever again. No matter how much it’ll hurt me. I can deal with the truth, I can’t with the lies.”

He looked down at her and felt the warm sensation of relief wash over him. He cupped her face in his hands and looked her directly in the eyes, “I promise never to keep you in the dark about anything ever again.”

“Do you…do you swear?” She choked.

He half smiled, “I swear on my life.”

She constricted her arms around his neck and squeezed him tight, “I’m holding you to that,” she whispered.

“I was hoping you’d say that.” Without any hesitation Nick scooped Kimberly up in his arms and carried her over to the bed. As soon as her back hit the mattress, his mouth crashed down onto hers, “I’ve missed you so much, Baby Angel. I never want to lose you again.”

She put her hands on his face and looked deeply into his eyes and whispered, “I’m not going anywhere…ever again.” She then softly pressed her lips onto his, “I love you.”

Nick brushed her hair back that had fallen into her eyes, “You don’t even know how long I’ve missed hearing you say that.” His mouth latched back onto hers and he left a small trail up to her earlobe, “I love you so much, Baby Angel.”

Kimberly felt the warm tears slowly roll down the sides of her face, but for the first time in a very long while they weren’t tears of sadness. “I’ve missed hearing you call me that.”

He smirked and pressed his mouth against her earlobe again, “I want to make love to my Baby Angel.”

She felt her whole stomach flip like she had just gone through a loop on a rollercoaster. She felt Nick’s mouth moving with hers and that was when she felt like time just froze. It was like the world stopped, it was only him and her. She felt as he made love to her and kissed her collar bone up to her jawline and then her mouth once again. They never once let their eyes leave one another. It were almost as if they were both afraid they were in some sort of dream. As soon as they closed their eyes or looked away, the other person was going to just vanish. So just knowing that this was real, that they were finally intertwined with one another was probably the best feeling they’ve had in a while. Nick laced his fingers with hers above her head as he moved inside of her. She never wanted the feeling of such love to end…she had forgotten what bliss feeling he gave her. He was truly the one she loved and she knew that she wouldn’t be able to live without. She felt him climax and he didn’t move right away, instead he grabbed her face and kissed her with such passion she thought just from kissing him alone he was going to cause an orgasm.

Nick smirked seeing the pleased look across her face, “You are so perfect,” he muttered over her lips.

She smiled, causing her whole face to light up, “I could say the same thing about you.”

He softly laughed and rolled off of her and onto the other side of the bed. Kimberly crawled over and nuzzled herself against him. Her head resting on his chest and her arm slung across his stomach. So this was real? Finally after so much heartache there’s an actual happy ending? For almost ten minutes they laid in each other’s arms. Kimberly closed her eyes and felt a smile spread out across her lips. She no longer thought about Laura hooking up with her boyfriend. She knew now and should have known that Nick would never look at another woman other than her. She hated herself for putting them both through so much hell.

“I’m sorry,” she said, looking up at him.

He looked at her confused, “What are you sorry about, Baby Angel?”

She smiled hearing him call her that nickname, “Well, I’m sorry for putting us both through such torture.”

Nick sighed and rubbed her bare arm with his fingertips, “Let’s not talk about that. It’s the past and I’m looking more forward to future…with you.”

She smiled widely and nodded, “I can’t agree more. I love you, Nick Carter.”

Nick looked down at her and his face just began to glow. He gently kissed her upon her lips, “I love you, Kimberly Power.”

Hearing him say her full name sent shivers down her spine and for the first time in God knows how long she was truly and completely happy. After it felt like they were in Purgatory for what seemed like decades, they finally found their Heaven. She couldn’t control the joy she felt being in his arms and when feeling his lips against hers.

Only about six months ago, Kimberly was just a regular girl living a regular life. She never would have thought in a million years that she would have her heart stolen by Nick Carter. Having a man like him love her in such a way that it sent her head spinning. She never thought she was capable of having a man love her so when Nick came along it made her think and feel differently. She was worth being loved despite what anyone else thought…it was true that Anything Is Possible.


Have I told you how good
It feels to be me
When I'm in you?
I can only stay clean
When you are around.
Don't let me fall, oh no
If I close my eyes forever
Would it ease the pain
Could I breathe again

Maybe I'm addicted,
I'm out of control
But you're the drug
That keeps me from dying.
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know is
You're the only reason I'm trying

I am wasted away
I made a million mistakes
Am I too late
There is a storm in my head
It rains on my bed
When you are not here
I'm not afraid of dying
But I am afraid of losing you

Maybe I'm addicted
I'm out of control
But you're the drug
That keeps me from dying
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know is
You're the only reason I'm trying

When you're lying next to me
Love is going through to me
Oh it's beautiful
Oh yeah
Everything is clear to me
'Till I hit reality
And I lose it all
I lose it all
I lose it all
I lose it all

Nah nah nah
Nah nah nah
Nah

Baby I'm addicted
Oh, I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying
Baby, I'm addicted
Don't want to lose it all

Maybe I'm addicted
I'm out of control
But you're the drug
That keeps me from dying
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know is
You're the only reason I'm trying
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10052