One In A Million by cartermclean
Summary: A one shot fic based around the song words to Pussycat Dolls Dontcha.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2504 Read: 906 Published: 05/08/10 Updated: 05/08/10

1. Chapter 1 by cartermclean

Chapter 1 by cartermclean
I know you like me
(I know you like me)
I know you do
(I know you do)
That's why whenever I come around
She's all over you

The party was in full swing when I entered, I knew who I wanted to see but getting up close the way I wanted was going to be difficult I knew for a fact she would be there.
The first person I saw was Howie

‘Hey D’ I said as I went to hug him
‘Hey you made it’ he said hugging me back ‘glad you could come’
‘Wouldn’t miss your birthday for all the tea in china’ I grinned

‘Free bar Jazz go get yourself a drink. I’ll come find you when I’ve socialised a bit more’ he said

I wandered into the room where they dj was spinning some cool dance tunes and I walked to the bar and got myself a bottle of bud. I put the bottle up to my lips to take a drink scanning the room for him. I waved to Nick who was in the corner using the usual Carter charm on a pretty blonde girl but I couldn’t see who I was looking for.

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands slide over my eyes and a body press against my back
‘Guess who’ a voice huskily breathed in my ear

I smiled and bit my bottom lip as I felt a familiar wave of lust descend through my body. It was always the same whenever he was in the room; it was all I could do to stop myself ripping his clothes and kissing his hot body all over.

I set my bottle down on the bar and put my hands to the back of me and felt his body my hands dropping down to the top of his jeans; I let my hand slide down the front of him feeling my way. I let a little moan escape my lips and I tilted my head back towards him

‘Mmmm’ his breath tickled my ear making me shudder ‘Jazzzzz’ he elongated my name and god it sounded so good on his lips, lips that I so desperately wanted feel on mine. In a perfect world that would happen but we all know perfect worlds don’t exist.

‘AJ! There you are’ she shouted
‘Damn that woman’ I muttered as I felt AJs body disappear from mine

‘Hey baby’ AJ said as she approached him throwing her arms around him. He gave her a little peck on the cheek ‘you want a drink?’ he asked as she stroked his body giving me a sideways glance to make sure I was watching. He handed her a drink

‘Excuse me ladies I need the bathroom’ AJ sauntered off I watched his sexy grabable butt disappear.
I turned my attention back to his god awful girlfriend. She looked me up and down with a look on her face as though she’d just got a whiff of the worst smell in the world.

‘Jazz’ she said; that was her way of saying hello
‘Cara’ I said in return; there was defiantly no love lost between us. I’d taken an instant dislike to her and that was before I knew she was involved with AJ.



And I know you want it
(I know you want it)
It's easy to see
(It's easy to see)
And in the back of your mind
You know you should be fucking me

AJ deserved someone better than Cara bloody Williams. He was one of the nicest guys to walk the earth and he ended up with a scrag like her, it just didn’t figure.

I know for a fact that she had been unfaithful to him on more than one occasion and she knew I knew and that just made her hate me even more; not that it bothered me like I said no love lost there.

‘Lets go dance sexy’ she said to him when he got back, trying to be all pouty and sexy which just made me put my head down and giggle, it was a pathetic attempt.
‘Baby I’m just talking to Jazz; I’ll dance in a minute ok sweetie’

‘No now’ she demanded and dragged him off towards the dance floor with a smug grin on her face. AJ didn’t break eye contact with me and shrugged his apology; I winked at him and watched as she pulled him deep into the crowd on the dance floor so he couldn’t see me any longer.

‘Jazz’ I turned around
‘Hey Brian, Leighanne’ I said and gave them a hug and then Nick hugged me too as he came over to the bar

‘I see Cruella De Ville’s here’ Nick said pointing to the dance floor ‘just what the hell Age sees in her I will never figure out in a million years’
Leighanne playfully slapped Nicks arm ‘don’t call her that’ but even she was laughing at the likeness to the villain.

‘Why don’t you just tell him Jazz’ Howie said joining the conversation ‘every time you two are in the room together the electricity between you two crackles so loud even we hear it’ I blushed a little

‘Age will do the right thing you know’ Brian said ‘I think she’s just a habit to him and he’s scared of breaking it. He knows he should be with you, maybe he’s just testing the water make sure you’ll hang around when the going gets tough’

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha, don't cha?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was wrong like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?
Don't cha, don't cha?

AJ and Cara came off the dance floor and over to us; we were still by the bar talking
‘Hey guys’ Cara cackled and I grinned as I noticed Nick give a little shiver at the sound of her voice.

Everyone said hello to her and she started a conversation up with Leighanne.
‘Tell him’ Nick whispered in my ear

‘May I have this dance?’ he said louder taking hold of Caras’ hand. She looked at me and smirked
‘Of course you may Nicky babes’ the others got the hint from Nick and disappeared leaving just me and AJ again.

Fight the feeling
(Fight the feeling)
Leave it alone
(Leave it alone)
'Cause if it aint love, it just aint enough
To leave a happy home

We held each others gaze for a few minutes and I drank in the sight before me. He was a hot and sexy guy but he was way more than that. He was sensitive, caring, loving, an incredible friend, he was thoughtful, sincere and honest.

Nothing had happened between us, not even a kiss, although I guess we had come close a couple of times. He always backed out at the last minute saying he couldn’t do it to Cara couldn’t cheat on her like that.

As much as it gutted me I respected him for it. Not a lot of guys would have done the same thing.

We’d teased and flirted like our lives depended on it most of the time but for whatever reasons AJ never took the step to change it from flirting to doing.

Let's keep it friendly
(Let's keep it friendly)
You have to play fair
(You have to play fair)
See, I don't care
But I know she aint gon' wanna share

I’ve been head over heels for him for the best part of a year, crazy I know.

You may think I’m a complete bitch for chasing after someone elses guy but if you ever met him I’d challenge you not to feel the same. This wasn’t a flash in the pan; I wasn’t chasing him for the hell of it, or to piss off his annoying girlfriend.

No the truth is I love him, pure and simple I love him; end of. No ifs no buts no nothing; just love.

There’s no way Cara was ever gonna let him go though. I’m totally convinced that she doesn’t love him; to her he’s a status symbol a way to get her into the parties and into places she could only dream of getting in.

I know she’s cheated on him and I know she doesn’t love him not like I do, she could never feel that kind of love.

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha, don't cha?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was wrong like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?
Don't cha, don't cha?

‘Jazz’ AJ said snapping me out of my thoughts
I smiled at him my eyes connecting to his dark brown pools
‘Sorry was just thinking’

‘Don’t too much of that it may hurt you’ he laughed

AJ was sat on a barstool his legs just slightly apart and I shifted my position so I had my front against his leg and leaned over to the bar
‘Same again’ I shouted to the barman

I took my new bottle and running my hand slowly up and down the neck of it I moved again resting my back against the bar. I tipped my head back a little, AJs eyes never moved from me; he watched as I ran my finger around the top of the bottle then lifted it up to my lips.

I saw AJ swallow hard, I loved the way his Adams’ apple bobbed in his throat when he did that. I rolled my tongue around the top of the bottle then dipped it inside the bottle, the tip of my tongue just hitting the cool liquid.

I tipped the bottle up to take a drink instead of putting my lips to the bottle I held it slightly away from them so I poured it into my mouth.
I swallowed the liquid then let my tongue slide over my lips soaking up the little splashes of lager.

I know I'm on your mind
I know we'd have a good time
I'm your friend, I'm fun
And I'm fine, I aint lying
Look at me, you aint blind

I looked at AJ; he looked back at me with eyes so dark and full of lust I almost cried.


He stood up and grabbed me by the elbow and dragged me outside into the garden. We walked down to the bottom and into the gazebo; the moonlight was dancing on the lawn the bright stars twinkling in the midnight blue sky. My heart was hammering in my chest, my hands shaking like leaves on a tree.

He pushed me up against the back of the gazebo and pressed his body to mine
‘Youre so damn sexy’ he growled in my ear
I took a deep breath ‘Is it just lust AJ?’ I whispered quietly

He opened his mouth and then shut it again without speaking, he stepped back slightly
I lifted his chin up with my finger and looked him dead in the eye; it was now or never; time to tell the truth

‘I need to know Age; love, lust or both?’
He stared back into my eyes and I knew the next thing he said was the truth
‘Love and lust; I’m in love with you Jazz’

See, I know she loves you
(I know she loves you)
I understand
(I understand)
I probably be just as crazy about you
If you were my own man

He tilted his head towards me and put his lips against mine. They felt so soft; I reacted straightaway.

My hands went up around his neck as I gently stroked the back of his neck as the kiss deepened tongues flicking into mouths. He broke the kiss standing back

‘Fuck’ he said ‘I can’t…Cara’
‘Yeah Cara’ I muttered.

I wanted to walk away but I felt powerless; like the soles of my shoes were super glued to the floor. I remembered the words Brian said earlier in the night.

‘AJ I love you’ he opened his mouth to say something but I put a finger up his lips to quieten him. ‘I love you, I have done for almost a year now; I’m not playing games. This is it for me; it’s you, my head knows it, my heart knows it, I know it and now you know it too. If you’re scared I won’t be here for you don’t be. I’ll be here forever come what may’

I found my feet and walked off leaving him to process the information.

Maybe next lifetime
(Maybe next lifetime)
Possibly
(Possibly)
Until then old friend
Your secret is safe with me

As I walked in through the door Cara was on her way out
‘Bitch’ she said
‘As pleasant as ever I see’ I retorted
‘Is AJ out there?’ I nodded my reply
‘I will kill you if….’

I laughed ‘please don’t threaten me cos I tell you now you’d lose. Don’t worry…nothings happened between us’ she looked at me trying to gauge whether I was telling the truth or not and I could help but say ‘yet’
‘You don’t set a grubby paw on him’ she hissed

Again I laughed ‘Cara, honey I don’t need to touch him to know how much he wants me. One day soon you’re going to screw up so bad, or should that be screw someone, youre not exactly an angel are you’

I could see the anger boiling up inside her, she grabbed me pushing me around against the wall
‘You better not say a word about those guys I mean it Jazz. I will not lose AJ’

I kept my voice calm and even; even though I wanted to rip her head off
‘If you don’t want to lose him Cara then why the other guys? If you love him you wouldn’t do that’
She stepped back and didn’t say a word. AJ walked through the door

‘Baby’ Cara cried and flung her arms around him. I rolled my eyes at the over the top display

AJ pushed her off ‘I’m going home’ he said ‘you stay I’m sure you’ll have a good time’
‘Fine’ Cara snapped and disappeared into the crowded room.

‘You wanna share a taxi? I’m off home too’ I said
‘Sure’ he grinned

Don’t cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me……

I could feel AJs eyes on me; I swung my hips from side to side as I sashayed out to find a cab…

Don’t cha…

THE END
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10080