I'm All About You by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: Have you ever had a sibling who was loved more than you? One that got away with everything? One who even got you in trouble for something that you didn't even do? One who got you in trouble for something they did? And then, after all that, did you find out what you had been told wasn't true, actually was?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: My Little Girl's Eyes
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1366 Read: 728 Published: 05/18/10 Updated: 05/18/10

1. I'm All About You by LenniluvsBrian

I'm All About You by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:

It's a little short, but there's more fics to come with this little McLean family. I thought I'd lost this, & by pure luck, managed to figure out where I'd placed them when geocities closed down.

Disclaimer: Only own Taylan, Madison, & story idea. BSB & everyone associated with them own themselves. Thank-you!

Song is I'm All About You by Aaron Carter.

A.J. McLean sat on a park bench, watching two small girls play. The reason he was watching them, was because they were his little girls. Little girls, who didn’t remember their mother. Little girls he would kill for, as they were his pride and joy. He sat there thinking, only to have his thoughts interrupted by one small cry.

“Daddy!” Madison wailed, running over to him. “Taylan’s throwing sand!”

“I am not!” Taylan shouted, running after her older sister. “She took my shovel!”

“It’s my shovel, Daddy!” Madison insisted.

A.J. sighed, as he brushed sand off Madison’s face, then looked over at his youngest. “T, I can see you threw sand. It’s all over MJ’s face. You know you’re not to throw sand, Baby.”

“I didn’ts Daddy!” Taylan declared. “MJ dids it herself!”

“T, why would MJ throw sand at herself?” A.J. demanded.

“To gets me in trouble!” Taylan stated firmly. “She don’ts want trouble for taking my shovel!”

“MJ, did you take your sister’s shovel?”

Madison shook her head no, while wiping her eyes. “No, Daddy,” she answered innocently.

A.J. looked back at Taylan. “If your sister says she didn’t take your shovel, then she didn’t take your shovel.”

“But Daddy!” Taylan cried.

“I don’t like being lied too, T. You know it hurts Daddy when you lie to him,” A.J. told her softly.

Taylan looked at him, about ready to cry. She really hadn’t thrown the sand; her sister had done it herself, after stealing the shovel.

A.J. wiped Madison’s face off some more, so that the sand and tears were gone. He kissed her forehead and smiled. “Go play, Baby.”

Madison smiled back, then turned and ran for the sandbox. She knew their Daddy would believe her, and not Taylan. She was the Angel, after all.

A.J. saw Taylan about to go back and play, and stopped her. “Nuh-uh T. You have to stay here.”

“But Daddy!” Taylan whined. “I didn’ts - ”

“Taylan, you are sitting here with me on this bench until told otherwise,” A.J. said, giving her a stern look.

“NO!” Taylan yelled. “NOTS GONNA!”

“Do not yell at me, young lady!” A.J. retorted. “I’m not yelling at you, so do not yell at me.”

Taylan’s hazel eyes filled up with tears. “No.” She said again.

“Daddy says yes.” A.J. picked his stubborn daughter up and set her down on the bench. No sooner did her set her down, than did she jump up and take off. He quickly went after her. He finally caught her, and scooped the screaming and struggling six-year-old up into his arms, he went back to the bench, set her down, and held her in place until she was done throwing her tantrum.

Taylan hiccupped, as she stared at him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

A.J. sat next to her, then pulled her into his lap, so he wouldn’t have to chase after her again. “When we go home, you’re having a bath and going straight to bed,” A.J. stated firmly, in a voice that dared her to test him. “You won’t be coming to the park after supper for a long time. Not until you’ve proven you can behave in public.”

Eventually, A.J. called for Madison, who came over obediently, carrying their pails and shovels. She’d scowled when she saw Taylan sitting in Daddy’s lap, sucking her thumb.

A.J. carried both girls up to the bathroom once home, and stripped them as the bath water ran. After the tub had been filled up, he stuck Madison in. He turned to get Taylan, and cursed silently when he saw she’d taken off on him when he wasn’t looking. He left the bathroom, leaving the door open so he can still keep an eye on Madison. He found Taylan hiding down the hall, behind his bedroom door. He amazingly caught her, in her feeble attempt to run, and carried the hysterical child back to the tub. Once there, he set her in the tub next to her sister – his patience being very thin now.

Taylan kept screaming, and trying to get out of the tub. When she realized she’d never get out, without being caught, she stood in the tub screaming and stomping her feet.

Madison watched quietly, holding a rubber duckie. She didn’t like the look on her Daddy’s face, and wished she wasn’t stuck sitting there in that tub right then. She knew they weren’t allowed to stand in the tub unless Daddy said – and Daddy hadn’t told Taylan to stand.

A.J. finally lost it, unable to count to ten and back down again. Instead of hitting Taylan though, he smacked his hand down hard on the edge of the tub. “DAMMIT TAYLAN! He yelled angrily. “SIT DOWN! NOW!”

Taylan shut-up and froze, staring at him wide-eyed in disbelief. She plopped down and stuck her thumb in her mouth, as Madison began to cry too.

Needless to say, both girls cried through that bath. Taylan, because she knew she was in big trouble, and Madison, because Daddy had scared her.

A.J. finished cleaning the girls up, and lifted them out. He then dried them off, and got them into their pajamas quickly. He scooped both of them up, once their teeth had been brushed, and dropped Madison off at her room first. He then carried Taylan to her room, and immediately got her into bed. Once she was in bed, he told her, her punishment. “No story or song tonight,” he said sternly. “And no Brian for two days.”

Taylan began to sob, as her Daddy turned her nightlight on and left the room. Not only had she not gotten a story or song, but no kiss, hug, or ‘I love you’ either. A.J. entered Madison’s room, and sighed heavily when he saw that she was hiding under the covers. “Baby,” he began. “Daddy’s not mad at you. I’m sorry if you got scared.”

Madison peeked out at him cautiously, and watched quietly as he sat on the edge of her bed.

“I’m sorry MJ,” A.J. apologized. “I love you.”

Madison crawled out from under the covers and into his lap. She hugged him tight as she sniffled. She’d never been as scared, as she had been when he had smacked the tub. It was that moment that had made her realize, if Daddy wanted to, he could very easily smack them too. And that was what scared her to no end.

A.J. rubbed her back, as he held her close, rocking slightly, and whispering re-assuring words in her ear. He began to sing softly, not knowing Taylan had gotten out of bed and followed him, wanting to apologize.

I’m all about you
I’m all about us
No Baby, you never have to question my love
And every night, there’s a new crowd
But it’s only you I’m singing about
There is only one these words are going out to
Oh girl, I’m all about you

I know you worry sometimes
(Sometimes you worry)
That some other girl will make me forget you’re mine
There’s not a doubt in this world
That anyone can take the place of my number one girl

Madison spotted her sister watching in the doorway, and smirked before sticking her tongue out, and purposely cuddling closer to Daddy.

Oh, girl
It’s true

I’m all about you
I’m all about us
No Baby, you never have to question my love
And every night, there’s a new crowd
But it’s only you I’m singing about
There is only one these words are going out to
Oh girl, I’m all about you

Taylan’s tears fall quietly, as she’d noticed he’d said one instead of two like he always did when singing it to them or just her. She’d been right all along in thinking Daddy loved Madison more, because it was true! She ran back to her room in tears, hopped into bed, and eventually cried herself to sleep. Though, when she had been up and waiting to see if Daddy would come back to check on her – which he hadn’t – she silently vowed to find a way to make Daddy love her more. Her! And not Madison!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10088