Unexpected.... by summer03
Summary: I was happy and healthy doing what I know to do best...I was in the best stage of my life till one unpredicted accident changed it all...Now I am forced to reevaluate some parts of my life...


New banner.
On Hiatus

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Dramedy, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 17591 Read: 15943 Published: 05/21/10 Updated: 11/28/10

1. Prologue: Stuck.... by summer03

2. Getting to know each other… by summer03

3. Got to know her very well.... by summer03

4. Amicable departure… by summer03

5. What people don’t know won’t hurt them right? by summer03

6. Not so easy to forget... by summer03

7. Whimsical dream.... by summer03

8. Dazed... by summer03

9. Confession... by summer03

10. Randomness… by summer03

11. Goodbye... by summer03

12. Why you conniving man! by summer03

13. God's help? by summer03

14. Forget it. by summer03

Prologue: Stuck.... by summer03
It was a hot day in Mexico City and I was ready to head to my hotel and plop in my bed. Not that I was ready to go, I was in the midst of the Latin America tour. I was just tired I knew a little rest would suffice that. Wow did I just use the word suffice… ha eat that Howie!

Sorry anyway back to my story telling, while the guys opted on going site seeing. I declined and headed for the hotel. I was ready to hit the sack maybe play some video games first. Just plain and simple lounge around; I mean we didn’t have any appointments for that day.

I wasn’t surprised to find some fans hanging around the hotel so I stopped and signed some autographs. Finally after telling them I really had to go I went straight to the elevator and was actually happy that I would be in it alone. The doors were closing when a very nice hand I must add stopped them from closing. Her red finger nails shining, she gave me a weak smile as she walked in. I looked at her and could not deny she was cute.

She had on a very formal work attire and it was apparent she was hot because she held her blazer in had. Her purse was also very secure over her shoulder. I gave her my famous smile and was surprised as she just gave me an awkward smile. I then assumed she did not know who I was.

Her features were very Latin, she was naturally tan and her hair well was a dark brown. She seemed to chew on her lip as she pushed the floor she wanted to go to. I didn’t pay much more attention as finally the doors closed again and up went the elevator. It was nearing my floor when I felt a big shove and I nearly squished the poor girl who in shock grabbed on to me for dear life. She smelled nice.

“Fuck,” I managed to say when I saw the lights go on and off a few times. I gave her an apologetic smile and quickly stood up straight. She gave me a shy smile as she tried to push the button to open the door with no avail.

Using my poor Spanish I tried to tell her that we were stuck. “No bueno…” I told her giving her a stare of resignation.

I was surprised when she began to chuckle, she was shy though as she covered her mouth to hide her smile. I tried to understand why she was laughing and it hit me when she answered me. “Yeah we are stuck and I was supposed to be at meeting. Damn it, let me see if I can get the staff through this,” she told me as she took out the walkie talkie.

I was shocked here I was thinking she only spoke Spanish and to my surprise she knew how to speak English and with no accent let me tell you. “You work here…” I managed to ask as she messed with the gadget only to get static.

“Yes I am the Rooms Division Manager and sometimes I can be a concierge.” She told me extending her hand to me, “I’m Esmeralda Soto, and welcome Mr. Carter to our facility. I do apologize for this…” she told me in a very business like tone.

“Oh so you know who I am?” I asked her giving her a smile.

“Of course who doesn’t know the backstreet boys? Besides I was the one to arrange all your rooms accordingly. I even made sure your room had the video games you requested.” She told me as she continued to mess with the gadget.

“Interesting and do you remember every guests request?” I asked her curiously as I got comfortable I had a feeling we were going to be here for a while.

She nodded and gave me a big smile, “As of matter of fact I do, I have a photographical memory and a good memory period. I was just about to go to the presidential suite because we have the pleasure of also having President Calderon this week… he likes his room to smell nice so we make sure we have enough natural flowers when he comes. He seems to like Lavender a lot.”

“So what do you think happened?” I asked her as I finally slid down to the floor resting my hands on my knees.

“I have no clue, but I need to get out of here soon. I bet Gustavo is already looking for me…” she said as she looked at her watch. I just smiled and watched as she even tried her cell phone.

********

An hour later she had given up and was now on the floor her blazer covering her legs so they would not be exposed. That’s when I saw her badge she sure did work here. “Can I ask you something?”

“Yes of course,” she told me as she wiped her forehead.

“How do you know English so well? It’s just you have no accent.”

She gave me a smile and laughed lightly, “Well if you really want to know… I lived in the United States all my life… I was raised in a small town in Florida. I didn’t move back to Mexico till just a year ago, not my doing I got transferred here with my job. When this hotel got bought over by our hotel company. I guess they choose me to come along because I am Mexican American so they knew I wouldn’t mind eating tacos and all the other Mexican food. No kidding I wanted a change so I gladly volunteered.”

“Even with all the stuff going on around here… they say its very dangerous.” I told her.

“Well I think everywhere is dangerous… besides I do have family here so I am ok.” She answered as she sighed in frustration.

“So much for my nap.” I told her and she only smiled at me.

Little did I know what this incident would make me analyze what I had. This is where my story begins on how I met Esmeralda Soto and how she changed my life turning it upside down…
End Notes:
Ok here is my attempt at a Nick story. Let me know what you think.
Getting to know each other… by summer03
You would think that we got rescued quickly but to my luck nope… two hours into this ordeal and both of us were getting impatient. I think I had the record in nail biting and she in checking her phone and walkie talkie.

“How much longer do you think we will be in here?” I asked her.

“I have minor idea… it seems we are stuck here for good. I hate being in closed spaces for too long,” she said as she blew air out of her mouth. Her hair was not looking to good anymore heck I don’t think I looked descent anymore we had begun to sweat.

She began to laugh and suddenly her attention was on her phone. “What’s funny?” I asked her finding no amusement in this at all.

She shrugged and then she spoke, “Just that how many girls would kill to be stuck in here with you…” she began to laugh harder.

She was right though and that thought made me glad it had been her instead. “I'd kill to be alone in here with Megan Fox or Katherine Heigi.” I told her a grin spreading on my face.

“Yeah they are both hot,” she told me agreeing. I eyed her suspiciously, then she smirked and shook her head, “Of course then I would love to be stuck in here with Gerald Butler or Russell Brand.”

“Russell Brand?” I asked her in surprise. “Really? So you like guys with accents?”

She only shrugged and then she wrinkled her nose a little… “No necessarily but I figured that if I mentioned to you a Latin actor or singer you would not know him.”

“Try me,” I told her now curious.

“David Bisbal…” she sighed and I knew she was picturing him.

“Isn’t he the one that did a song with Rihanna? I hate that I love you… or something like that?” I asked glad I had listened to that song.

“Yeah? So you like Rihanna?”

“Yeah she has some catchy songs and she is pretty hot too.” I had to admit that…I smiled at her and repeated his name. “David Bisbal?” I knew I was blushing when she laughed at my horrible attempt at pronouncing his name.

“David Bisbal,” She repeated but I didn’t even try this time. “One handsome Spanish singer… I mean he’s from Spain.”

I laughed to myself realizing that if she would not have told me that I would have thought she was just saying that because he sang in Spanish. I wasn’t going to admit that though. I sighed and we became silent again.

I was in the verge of screaming when she spoke again, “Did you know we eat at least twelve spiders a year in our sleep?” I smirked at her sudden burst of knowledge. I began to laugh and shook my head.

“I guess that’s good to know,” I told her she was smiling too.

“Well I had to say something I couldn’t handle the silence.” She said as she picked up her foot and with her heel she kicked the metal doors. We stayed quiet to see if maybe someone would hear us but nothing happen. “Shit!”

I widened my eyes as I realized she used a curse word. “No kidding,” I said returning to my original sitting position. “I am getting thirsty.”

“I can’t see the president like this or well the president’s assistant… she has to check everything before he shows up. I am a mess…” she said as she wiped her face again.

“Would you rather be stuck here or in a house burning with no way out?” I asked her.

“That’s an easy answer in here…”she said eyeing me. “Would you rather lie in a box with spiders or Scorpions?” she asked me with a daring smile.

Crap she had me! If it wouldn’t have been her in here with me I would have said neither but I knew I had to choose. “Spiders…” I said nervously. “You?”

“Scorpions…” she told me with a smile. “Spicy or mild food?” she asked me and then I realized we were in a game of questions.

“Depending on where I am… I do tend to lean toward spicy though. Shoes or purses?” I asked her just because I knew that’s what girls like. Well I was wrong with her…

“Neither…” she told me, “I hate shopping, I just grab what fits and that I know will look good together.” She told me, as she eyed cause she knew why I was asking her that. “What has been the craziest thing you’ve done?” she asked me.

I gave her grin as I thought about that one, “Well I would say when I decided to go out to greet some fans after being warn not too because there were to many out there…I thought I could handle it, wrong! I got mobbed and a big chunk of my hair went missing. I almost didn’t make it out of there alive…my body guard quit on me that day.”

“Wow you have some passionate fans… where did this happen?” she asked me.

I shrugged, “Brazil.”

She laughed a little…I spoke again. “I have done other daring things like sky dive but that one is the craziest one I think.”

“Yeah after being warned not to…” she said as she moved a little I was sure she was cramped and her legs must be killing her she was still sitting in a position so that she would not show anything. She was wearing a skirt.

“What was the craziest thing you’ve done?” I asked her.

She closed her eyes and thought it through, “Well… since we are not in the US and I know it will be kept inside here I have to say when I smuggled my cousin Sonia she lives here in Mexico to the US. It was a spur of the moment thing and I am glad we did not get caught. She didn’t stay over long we just kind of wanted to go to Corpus Christi because she wanted to see the Selena monument. But still I was scared to death when we came to the borderline. I kind of flirted with the officer…” she told me smiling sheepishly.

“Now that is fucking crazy,” I told her I imagined her smuggling someone over the border. “Very daring gal I see.”

“Well we were young.” She told me shrugging.

“How old?” I asked her.

“Eighteen… Sonia met me in Cancun for spring break and after a long week of partying we just decided to go to Corpus Christi. Sonia is a big fan of Selena.”

“Eighteen? Nice…” I told her chuckling.

“What is the noblest thing you think you have done so far?” she asked me after she finished laughing.

I sighed heavily as I thought about that one… I bit my lip as I went through my whole life and realized that I needed to work on that one a little more. “I guess till date it would be my charity to save the ocean life…” I said not really wanting to expand on that. “How about you?” I asked quickly.

“Well I don’t have the money to do a charity of some sort and I haven’t really done much but I did give my little sister a kidney…” she told me as she became serious. I fell silent too and just realized what she had said. “I miss her.” she told me bringing me back from my thoughts.

“That is very generous of you…” I told her.

“It didn’t help though because she still left us. It only helped her live for a few more years that’s all.” she told me sighing and smiling again. “Enough about that lets see what can I ask as Nick Carter that I am sure no one asks him. What annoys you from the fans, I know at some point they have to annoy what is it that annoys you from them?”

I shrugged and laughed, “I guess when I am dating someone and they begin to badger them or when they think they own me. Not all the fans are like though… I love my fans.”

She laughed and gave me a grin, “Well I wasn’t saying you did besides this isn’t an interview Nick no one will hear this.”

I smiled as I realized I did sound like I was answering someone on an interview. “What do you do outside of work?”

“I cook and write,” she told me and we became silent when the lights to the elevator began to flash on and off. “Great!” she said looking up at the ceiling.

No later had she said that when they went off and never came back. We were now in total darkness and with no clue as if people had even noticed that we were missing. We were going on our third hour and I didn’t know how much more I could take…
End Notes:
ok chapter two is up... let me know if you like it and yes its a new banner. :)
Got to know her very well.... by summer03
“Well I wish I would have experienced all that,” I told Esmeralda as we continued to sit on the elevator floor sweating, well I was anyway. “I wanted to experience prom for sure.”

“Eh mine wasn’t that glamorous really…” she told me. “You know I am glad it’s dark…”

“Am I that hideous?” I asked her teasingly.

I heard her chuckle, “No it’s just that…” she stopped and then she chuckled again. “I kind of have unbuttoned my shirt because I am burning up!” she said. I only wondered if she was blushing… now I was curious to take a peek. But I understood her she was wearing a long sleeved shirt.

“Nice,” I said a grin on my face. “I now wish the lights came back on.” I told her what can I say I’m a guy.

“You’re such a guy!” she told me and then I saw her shift and I realized she was standing. “You know maybe we can use the emergency exit.”

“You mean there is an emergency exit and you didn’t tell me about it till now?” I asked her as I quickly stood up too.

“Well because it’s up there,” she pointed to the ceiling and with her cell phone lit so I could sort of see the outline of the exit. “It’s going to be hard to get up there…” she said as I felt her beside me.

“I think you’ll have to do it get up there,” I told her.

“I am shorter than you…” she told me and then I smiled. “Yeah but you weigh less than me so I can carry you.”

“Oh right,” she said and I heard her sigh. “Ok let’s do this.” She told me and I could hear her taking off her shoes. “You can’t look up you understand?”

I smiled it was not like I could see anything anyways it was pitch black. “I won’t lets just try to get out of here.” I squatted and I felt her climb up my back.

I raised myself up and I heard her curse, “what is it?” I asked as I held to her legs.

“It’s really hard… I think its stuck.” She said and I wobbled as she tried even harder to try and open the small metal door.

“Keep trying,” I said as I struggled to stay in one spot.

“I need to get higher,” I her say as she tried to stand on her tip toes on my shoulders. I winced as I felt pain but at this point I didn’t care I wanted to get out of here. But as my luck goes instead I stumbled and down came Esmeralda luckily I was able to catch her and she only bumped her head on a wall. “Fuck,” she said as she held on to me.

“Are you ok?” I asked as her as she slid off my arms my hands ended up on her waist. I realized she still did not have on her shirt but she did have undershirt on.

“Yeah I’m fine,” she told me as she stood still.

I don’t know if it was the heat or what but I leaned in and kissed her. I felt hesitation from her part but it soon turned to resolve as she kissed me back her arms wrapping around my neck. She moaned as a pushed her toward the wall, my hands now sliding to the hem of her under shirt and I began to pull it up. I broke the kiss long enough to pull it off her and then my lips found her mouth again which she gladly kissed back.

**********

“I… I don’t normally do this,” she stuttered forty minutes later as we both sat side by side. “I don’t know what got to me.”

I smiled; of course she hadn’t I am sure she had never been stuck in a elevator before or I hoped not if not she was bad luck in elevators! Besides I kind of had started it all. “I think I started it.” I told her taking her hand and kissing it.

She leaned her head on my shoulder and chuckled. “I have always wondered what it would be like to have sex in an elevator.”

“It’s pretty nice,” I said as I chuckled too. In my head all I kept thinking about was what had I done… I had a girlfriend and well I didn’t know but I was sort of sure Esmeralda had a boyfriend.

“I guess this has turned out to be a little fun after all,” she told me.

I was about to reply when the lights to the elevator turned on. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to adjust to the light. I turned to look at her she was on her feet and near the door her ear to it. “Hello?” she screamed and banged on the door.

A few second I heard a man’s voice screaming, “Esmeralda estas allí?”

“Claro que si menso,” I heard Esmeralda said in frustration as she screamed back at him. “Sácame de aquí estoy con Nick Carter el Backstreet boy se paro el ascensor y no podemos salir!”

Out of all that conversation I only understood Nick Carter and Backstreet boy, “What he say?” I asked her as I got near her. She put her finger on her lips as she listened to whatever that man was saying.

“Apúrale Gustavo me estoy asando llevamos mas de cuatro horas aquí!” I heard her scream as she faced me she was still flushed but she looked a little more at ease.

“He’s getting us help,” she told me as she grabbed her shirt and began to put it back on. I watched in silence as she put her shoes back on and she tried to fix her hair.

“Are you not going to translate what you told him… that Gustavo guy?” I asked her as she looked through her purse for her compact mirror.

“Sorry, I forgot you didn’t speak Spanish. I told him that he was stupid for even asking the question about if it was me in here and that I was stuck in here with you for over four hours now! I also told him he needed to hurry up because we were literally cooking in here,” she told me as she applied some lip gloss. “Do I look descent?” she asked as she gave me a smile.

“You look very nice and you’re glowing…” I told her giving her a sly grin. She pretended to not see my look and sighed. “We are finally getting out here….”

******
End Notes:
Ok here is chapter 3 and I am working on four to see if i can post it later.. enjoy.
Amicable departure… by summer03
“So,” I finally said as we both stood in silence. We could here people on the other side using whatever tools they had to open the doors. “I can admit that I enjoyed our time here,” I said rubbing the back of my neck as I a eyed she was busy pretending to be digging through her purse.

“Yeah it was,” she said finally looking up at me. “Listen can we leave it at that? As soon as those doors open I go my way and well you keep on doing what you do. I have a boyfriend…” she stuttered turning red.

That should have sound like music to my ears because well I had a girlfriend too. But instead I felt a little hurt, how could she just say that? “Yeah sure, I should mention I have a girlfriend too.” I told her knowing that was what she wanted to hear. “It was nice knowing you Esmeralda.”

“Yeah it was nice picking at the mind of Nick Carter…” she told me smiling at me. “Well I guess I did more than pick at your brain.” She chuckled nervously. “You’re a pretty cool guy, I wonder if they rest of the Backstreet boys are?” she arched her brow I knew she was just trying to make the awkwardness fade but in my head all I kept thinking was why she was doing the whole guy thing. It was something I would say when I used to have one night stands, but I had bonded with her.

“All of the guys are awesome; AJ is a little weird but only cause of his appearance sometimes.” I told her and took her hand and the pen that she held in her hand. I wrote down my number on her palm. “I don’t in case you ever want to talk. Friends?” I asked her.

“Friends… does this mean I can actually use your status to get me into places?” she asked laughing a little. “Just kidding… but I will keep it I might just call to say hello some day.” She told me as she stood on her toes and kissed my lips softly. “You a really good kisser… I thought I should let you know.”

I smiled at her and kissed her again, she wasn’t bad either. We parted and I was about to say something when the doors were pried open a big man with a greasy suit stood there smiling. “Esmeralda! Estas bien?”

“Si Ramón gracias por venir a mi rescate, asegúrate que arregles esta mierda!” I laughed as I understood the last word she was cursing in Spanish she had said shit! I assumed Ramon was the maintenance guy. That’s when I saw the other man in a suit and with his badge on… that was Gustavo he looked worried. I laughed when Esmeralda stopped him from hugging her.

“Don’t,” she told him in English. “I am going home because I feel like crap all sweaty and definitely not in any conditions to see the Presidents assistant you will have to wing it on your own. Make sure Mr. Carter gets an upgrade on us, I will speak to Manuel about it.” I was smiling as I realized she was in boss mode. She turned and gave me a very professional smile. “Mr. Carter this is Gustavo he is going to make sure we make up for this horrible incident. Right Gustavo?”

“Yes ma’am please Mr. Carter follow me.” Gustavo said I smiled as I recognized his very thick accent as he tried to speak English.

********

“How was your day?” Brian asked me as he walked in only thirty minutes after I was finally in my room. I had showered and was now just getting started on a game of Mario brothers.

“My day was very interesting… I got stuck in the elevator for over four hours.” I told him as let him in.

“Is that why we had to use the stairs? What did you do to mess up the elevators,” Brian asked me as he plopped beside me on my bed.

“I didn’t do anything,” I told him as I continued to play. “Hey did you know we eat 12 spiders a year in our sleep?” I said as I took another grape from my fruit bowl.

I paused my game when I didn’t hear Brian say anything. “What?” I said as I saw his face of disgust.

“That is not true, gross.” Brian said making a face… “And if so then Howie will eat mine and his he tends to snore with his mouth open any chance he gets.” He said shuddering.

I began to laugh and imagined Howie mouth open and a spider just making its way in to it. “Its true though,” I told him.

“Who said?” Brian said taking my control away and continued to play for me.

“I heard from a very reliable source,” I told him as I grabbed my bowl of fruit and continued to eat.

“If your reliable source is Chris I doubt it true,” he said as he got into the game standing up to play better.

“Nope not from Chris,” I said popping a strawberry in my mouth. “I forgot to mention that I was stuck in the elevator with someone…” I said subtly and that’s all it took for Brian to pause the game.

“So you and who got stuck in the elevator?” He asked his eyes on me.

“Esmeralda Soto,” I rolled my eyes as I killed her name in pronunciation. “She works here…did you know the president of Mexico is going to be here this week?” I said as I grabbed a grape and threw at him.

“Esmeralda what?” Brian asked as he located the grape I had thrown him. “Twenty second rule,” he said wiping the grape on his shirt and then eating it. “There sweet.”

“Anyway yeah so the president is going to be here right after we leave.” I said and then it hit me in exactly two days I would never ever see or hear from her. I knew she said she would call me but I doubted that.
End Notes:
ok here is the other chapter please don't hate me I promise they will see each other again...hehe. Please review. :) also I do have other stories that need an update so you probably won't see an update to this one till tuesday..
What people don’t know won’t hurt them right? by summer03
Author's Notes:
Introducing Esmeralda's POV...just giving a heads up. :)
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I hate when I screw up I do. I did a horrible thing and my conscious is killing me. I have been going out with my boyfriend for over a year and now this. Nick Carter had to happen… out of anyone to be stuck in the elevator with it had to be Nick Carter.

I have a thing for blue eyed men…and his smile did not help. Not that I expected for this to happen, I didn’t I mean come on its NICK CARTER. He could have any girl he wanted and well I am not Miss Universe here. I do have a little something, something but its average I would say.

I honestly can’t wait for the Backstreet Boys to leave my hotel, or maybe Manuel can make his mind up about sending me to Guadalajara quicker. Not that I am jumping of joy to go help out in the grand opening to the hotel there but that would mean I would not bump into Nick again.

If I were to be honest and really had chosen the Backstreet boy to be stuck with in there it would have been AJ because he has been my teenage crush before of course. I had stopped listening to them after my senior year in high school. But I still know who they are and I can probably still listen to them…I just really haven’t because my taste in music really has changed. I am now into rock.

In my years of life I would have never expected to meet or even come close to a backstreet boy. I was never one to stalk a famous person my walls were never covered with boys… I was more of stuck in the hospital with my sister type of girl. I cared for her while my parents worked there ass off to be able to pay for all the hospital bills and the medicines Ruby had to take. I think that experienced has helped with my choices in life and I have managed to be diabetic free, of course I do a lot of sacrifices since it is hereditary. I was lucky to not be born with it, Ruby on the hand well she was not so lucky.

But any who I don’t know if I will be able to manage and act like I have done nothing inappropriate to Leo. See Leo left his job in Florida to follow me here! What man in there right mind does that? Leo… he is really the best boyfriend. Have I mentioned his is blue eyed? Now he works here in this hotel as the bellhop and he isn’t so happy of transferring to Guadalajara. I hate all this and what’s worse I bet Nick thinks I a whore. I freaking asked him to keep this to himself… well at least it will only be him.

“Babe you ok?” Gustavo just told me what happened. “Damn babe you look like shit!”

“Thanks Leo… why don’t you try being stuck in an elevator for over four hours. See if you wouldn’t sweat.” I told my boyfriend who has just walked into my office as I collect my purse. I am going home to freshen up and think all this through.

“Sorry babe, I still love you like that though all sweaty and everything.” Leo told me as he got near me to kiss me. I evaded him and put my hand between him and me.

“No I’m all sweaty and you still have to finish your shift. I see you at home.” I told him and grabbed my purse walking to the exit.

“I love you!” I heard tell me I turned around and blew him a kiss.

“I love you too.” I told him and walked out hoping to not bump to anyone else.

*******

I was looking out of my bedroom window down to the busy street. I still hadn't managed to keep seeing Esmeralda with me. I had to talk to her again at least to tell her that she didn’t have to feel awkward that is the only explanation I can see on her reaction.

I smiled as I spotted her walking out of the hotel, I would find a way to talk to her. I would… for the time being I found comfort in more game playing.

Brian had not been surprised with what I told him happened. “You always end up screwing up Nick… are you going to come clean with Lauren?” he asked me.

I didn’t want to tell her and I told him that. I also swore him to secrecy; it was not like I planned it all out…I wasn’t feeling guilty either was that wrong too? Something had changed in me after those hours with Esmeralda I just didn’t know what it was yet. I only had two days to find out what it was before heading to Guadalajara for the next tour date.

So my plans were that I would find time between rehearsals and everything else to talk to her. Somehow I knew that maybe if I talked to her more I could find or hear that click that told me why I suddenly felt this interest for her…
End Notes:
ok here's the next chapter... hope you like. :)
Not so easy to forget... by summer03
[Esmeralda's POV]

I felt a little better per say when I walked in the next day to work. For one I had known that the Backstreet boys would not be at the hotel and that felt like a lift of weight out of me. I had a smile on my face as Leo kissed me as he walked to the front of the hotel. “I’ll see you later…lunch?”

“Yeah sounds good,” I told him. I went straight to Gustavo who looked happy to see me happy. He hugged me and I gladly hugged him back.

“Mujer,” he told me with a chipper tone. “I have news for you, remember Mr. Caldwell? He has “officially” left with his wife but now we have the other suite ready for his mistress arrival.” He told me his eyes lighting up at his gossip.

“Alright Mr. Caldwell,” I said rolling my eyes. You see Gustavo is the gossip girl of the hotel he knows everything that happens before anyone else finds out. I guess his gay intuition helps him read that…I was glad there was no way for him to find out about my slip up.

“Oh by the way Mr. Carter came by looking for you earlier but I of course let him know you actually came in later since you’re the boss. He did give me this though, I did my very best to not open it you should be proud.” He told me handing me an envelope. I eyed him and took the envelope.

“Thank you,” I told him and then I stood there looking at him. I giggled and pointed to the door. “Out!”

“What I won’t hear what the letter says?” He asked me with pleading eyes.

“NO, I’ll tell you later now go attend Mr. Caldwell’s mistress you know how she gets!” I told him chuckling.

“Fine but I want details later…Oh and are you going to let me leave early today?” He asked me with a big grin. He had come to me a week prior to this to tell me had purchased Backstreet boys tickets and wanted to leave early the day of the concert. I had consented.

I nodded at him and rolled my eyes. “Hey Gustavo?” I yelled as the curiosity hit me.

“Yes Esmeralda?” he asked me peeking in.

“Which one is your favorite?” I asked him with an arched brow.

“A mi me gustan los Latinos mujer puro Howie,” he told me with a sigh as his head vanished and I could hear him singing Everybody down the hall. He was such a girl. How did I know he was going to say he liked Howie? I also knew it was more than just cause Howie was Latin.

I went and closed my door as I opened the envelope. I took out the folded paper and smiled as I saw his handwriting…

So I know we said we would go our separate ways but… I believe in fate and fate put you in my path for a reason. I am not professing love yet I just would like to see you again. How about dinner or we can hang out? I’ll be back from the concert at ten since I won’t go with the guys after. I’ll meet you at the lobby? I do need a tour guide for the night life. Just as friends? What do you say? Call me or text me your answer; I will be hoping it’s a yes.

Nick.

I knew I was blushing and as I read the letter I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was a feeling I had not experienced before it was good feeling though. What had I gotten into? Did I want to risk my perfect life well not perfect but close to it for something that might not even work? Could I do this again what would I tell Leo?

As I thought through this I felt some hands wrap around me when I turned around I saw Sonia my cousin. “Sonia,” I said excitedly as I hugged her back.

“I came to kidnap you,” she told me in her very horrible English.

“Para que?” I wanted to know why.

She gave me a sly grin and rolled her eyes as she took out two tickets. I felt a hot flash as I read them… she had gotten tickets to see the backstreet boys. Was god going to punish me with this? I had sinned and now I was feeling the consequences. “No puedo, Gustavo asked me already for tonight off because he’s going too.”

“Oh no you don’t I already spoke to Manuel and he said I could take you because I told him it was you birthday present.” She told me fanning herself with the tickets.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, “Mi cumpleaños no es hasta en dos días!” Why was she giving me this for my birthday? I guess she knew about my Backstreet boy thing when I was younger. See in the summers we would always drive to México when Ruby was doing well and we'd visit my aunt. I remember we used to spend many times listening to there album among others. But she also knew my music taste had changed.

“AH, no puedes echarte para atrás vas porque vas! I will be here for you at six.” She left me with a very wry smile on my face. Could my day get any worse?

********

I was chugging down my bottled water when I felt the vibration of my phone I smiled. I was hoping it was Esmeralda’s answer but instead it was Lauren. “Hello?” I said with a semi-smile on my face.

“Baby,” Lauren said to me in her sweet voice. I cringed not because I didn’t like when she called me baby but because I suddenly felt a little guilty.

“How are you?” I asked her as I heard her tell me she missed me. “I miss you too…” I had missed her till yesterday that was.

I was stuck listening to her tell me everything that was happening back home till I had to tell her I had to go. I sighed in relief when I hung up listening to her only made me feel guilty in some way and right now I didn’t want to feel that.

I walked on stage and smiled as I saw some fans. It was the sound check and some lucky fans got to be there to see us practice. All I kept thinking was about that letter if Esmeralda had even gotten it. And if she had would she text me?
End Notes:
here's a little more...hope you like. :)
Whimsical dream.... by summer03
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I was sort of pissed at Manuel for not agreeing with me about not going to the concert. I shouldn’t have though cause he gave me a bonus check, he said for my birthday. I didn’t need a birthday present from Sonia, especially this. I took a deep breath when I found Leo and smiled.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked him as he leaned in to kiss me. I saw the smirk on his face and I knew he already knew. I groaned and slapped his arm. “You know why did you allow her to?”

“It’s Sonia we are talking about Mer,” he told me as he pulled me into a corner kissing him deeply. “Just have fun,” he told me rolling his eyes. “I didn’t know you were a closet fan of the Backstreet boys.”

“I’m not!” I told him with a pout. “I used to when I was in middle and High school… long time ago but Sonia apparently thinks I still do.” I told him as he continued to smile at me.

“Oh well have fun,” he winked at me and sighed. “I have to get back to work… now go and get ready for your night out.”

I rolled my eyes and sort of smiled. “I will try.” I told him as I walked away and on a mission to finish a few more of my tasks before heading home to get ready for this concert. I was passing by the same the hall where the elevator that had changed my life was and I sort of jumped when it opened and out came Don Ramon.

“Esmeralda,” he told me with his big smile. He then proceeded to tell me he didn’t understand how the elevator could be stuck for four hours when he did not find any glitch at all. “Sirve de maravilla no le encontré nada,” he told me.

I gave him a smile and then he took my hand and pulled into the elevator. He had told me to take a test drive. I felt awkward as I stood there in silence as the elevator made it to the 11th floor. I laughed when Don Ramon told me it could go up till the 15th if we wanted too. I shook my hand and told him I had to actually get off on this one. I stepped out of the elevator and stared as Don Ramon disappeared as the doors closed.

Something was definitely very weird about his explanation, something must be wrong with that elevator! I put away those thoughts when I came upon the room Paulina always used when in Mexico. I had met her a couple of times before and she is picky but then again she is a celebrity. I can admit I like some of her music, she was coming into town for an interview and wanted her room to be ready.

******

“This is good,” Howie said as he dug into his plate. I just smiled and gave my plate a look, it did smell delicious and I was starving.

“You’ve been pretty quiet,” AJ told me slapping my shoulder.

“I’ve been thinking,” I told him rolling my eyes when he gasped his eyes widening at my answer.

“Leave him alone Alex,” Brian said as he took a spoonful of his food. “He does need to exercise his brain once in awhile of all it does remain inactive most of the time.” I held my laugh as everyone else busted into laughter, why had I not seen Brian’s comment out just like that.

I was about to answer back when my phone vibrated and I jumped out of my seat running to find a private place to answer, hoping it was the answer I had been waiting for. I groaned when instead it was a picture from Lauren. As I viewed I couldn’t help but groan again, I really didn’t know what to do. I just knew I wanted to talk to Esmeralda again but I still love Lauren I do…

“Who was that?” I jumped when I saw Brian. I just shrugged as I put my phone away.

“Lauren,” I told him and then I sighed heavily.

“Could you look less excited about your girlfriend calling you?” he told me in sarcasm.

“It was a picture message only,” I told him rolling my eyes. I leaned against the wall and sighed heavily, “Are you going to lecture me again?” I asked him knowing well he was.

“I just care for you… do you honestly think this girl you met in an accidental circumstance is better than Lauren who you’ve been dating for a while? Besides she lives here in México and you are about to leave… look maybe you screwed up but think about it Nick you won’t see her again after tomorrow.”

“I know that! I just… it’s not what you think. I don’t only want to see her again because she was a good lay, it’s more than that.” I told him, I wasn’t doing all this because I had gone back to my old ways but because I just felt like there was something more… I just didn’t know what yet.

“Fine,” Brian told me with concern in his voice. “Do what you have to do to figure out what whimsical fairytale emotion you think you have that connects you to this stranger before tomorrow Nick cause we leave and you won’t see her again.”

I could say he hurt my feelings but in the past he had always been right about the women I’ve dated and he wasn’t so hopeful on Lauren either but Lauren proved to be good for me and I knew that if he was talking to me like that was because he cared and maybe he was right, but maybe I was right too.

********

[Esmeralda’s POV]

My day went by quick and now here was outside Estadio Azteca ready to go into the concert. Sonia was super excited and she even wore a backstreet boy shirt and a poster on her hand that she still did not want to show me.

“I’m nervous,” She told me as we waited in line to get in. I just rolled my eyes and looked around so many girls yeah mainly girls all excited to see them and here I was the only one without a smile on my face.

I was brought back from my thoughts when Sonia waved a shirt in front of my face. “Here for you,” she told me and I hesitantly took it.

I began to laugh as I saw it, it was an AJ shirt. “I am not wearing this,” I told her handing her the shirt back. I was not going to wear that because well my crush on AJ had died and two I really was not feeling this at all.

“Fine,” Sonia said as she I watched her put her poster between her legs and took of her shirt handing it to me and she put on AJ’s. She gave me the look that told me to please just pretend to enjoy this for her sake.

I took it and put it on and gave her a fake smile as she snapped a picture. A few minutes later we were looking for our seats. “What row?” I had forgotten to look at that on the ticket, so I asked her.

“Two,” she told me as we continued to walked toward the front. I suddenly didn’t like this, I had not responded to Nick and now I was sure he would see me if we were going to be in the second row.

“Sonia how did you get the money for this?” I asked her as we found our seats.

“Don’t worry about it,” Sonia told me as she eyed me curiously. “So no more AJ?” I laughed at her question and sighed as I plopped down on the chair.

“No, I don’t listen to the Backstreet boys anymore,” I told her hoping none of the other girls now in here would beat me up. “I am more of Jared Leto kind of girl.” I felt a lump on my throat when I saw Nick’s face in my head; he definitely was not anything like Jared.

“Well it’s apparent you haven’t seen AJ.” She told me and she then filled me in on the backstreet boys. How Kevin was gone and Howie was married. I then realized she was still very much into them.

“I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy this,” I told her as I looked around and saw that the stadium was packed and then the screams brought me back and I stared at the stage. The lights had dimmed the opening act was presented.

*******

I put my cell phone away as we were told it was time for us to head to the stage. I adjusted my boxing robe and began to jump with AJ who pretend to really be prepared to go into a boxing ring. I could here the screams and the music begin to play, I lined up and listened for name to get called.

I smiled widely when my name was called and the screams were a little louder and of course then AJ I guess because we were the single ones still. I put away all my other thoughts as we jumped into Larger than Life… I was going to enjoy this concert and then I would think about seeing Esmeralda again.
End Notes:
Ok here is the next chapter. Enjoy. :)
Dazed... by summer03
Author's Notes:
OK so just to give a heads up, this is only imaginary so I know that maybe that's not how the concert happened but for this story's sake lets pretend it did. I am not trying to be accurate on the timeline... so having said that here is the next chapter..


******
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I will not say much about the opening act… I just wouldn’t pay to see it again. Now on the other hand I might be considering listening to the Backstreet boys again. I had fun I could say as they did there little opening act as boxers and my cousin was right AJ looked good really good but still my eyes kept going back to Nick.

I was enjoying the show and I had to say my cousin made me go back through memory lane… I was so caught up as they sang I’ll Never Break Your Heart, I had not noticed my cousin had finally taken her poster out and she was waving it to them. Till I saw Brian I assumed smiling and waving to me did I mention smiling?

I turned to look at my cousin and I read her poster, “PLEASE SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY COUSIN!” I nearly hyperventilated when I saw Brian pointing to the poster as he went to the rest of the guys.

I pinched her and took the poster away, “What are you thinking?” I asked her in the ear as I realized it was too late. The boys were all in front of where our row was, AJ was finishing the song and Nick was smiling straight at me. I could read his face he had recognized me, now he was walking away and was whispering something to a guard on the pit that separated the audience from the stage.

I knew I was blushing and I gave my cousin the look of death. “Te voy a matar,” I told her in Spanish as Brian cleared his throat and spoke.

“We were just asked by this young lady here to sing happy birthday to her cousin…” Brian said as he stopped pointed to me and listened to whatever Nick told him in the ear. The next thing I knew Nick was talking.

“Now normally we don’t do this but what heck why not? Why don’t we bring the birthday girl up here what do you say AJ, Howie?” I froze as I realized what was happening. I was shaking my hand as all the other girls turned to look at me, talk about embarrassing.

“I don’t see why not,” AJ said and Howie only nodded and the guard that had just been listening to Nick called me to the rail and I didn’t move. “Oh come on now don’t be nervous, come on birthday girl.” Nick said with a grin on his face. “Are you afraid of us?” he asked.

“NO,” I yelled not caring if he didn’t hear me. I suddenly felt mad because he was teasing me…so I pushed through the crowd not without pinching my cousin one more time. I made it to the rail and with one swift move the guard picked me up and now I was being helped up to the stage. I realized it was AJ as I recognized his tattooed arms. “Thank you,” I told him I was definitely blushing.

I was then bombarded by hugs from Brian, Howie and AJ. I smiled and thanked them as Nick waited patiently in the center of the stage where now a stool was set. “Come on birthday girl,” He said winking at me. I sighed heavily and walked toward him as I heard screams from the audience.

I then felt his arms wrap around me and his lips close to my ear, “I see your a fan,” he whispered as he let go. “Have a seat…” he said as he helped me onto the stool. “I say it’s only fair that we get to know our birthday girl… So we will start by asking her for her nombre… that means name right Howie?” Nick asked the shortest of them.

“Yes that’s right Nick,” Howie said his smiling was breath taking.

I swallowed hard and spoke into the mic, “Esmeralda Soto.” I rolled my eyes as Nick chuckled… “Someone is nervous, but one more question how old are you turning Esmeralda?”

I looked at the mic and smiled shyly… “A girl never tells her age…” I said blushing as they all laughed. I heard Brian clear his throat and playfully slap Nick on his arm.

“Yeah Nick you don’t ask a lady for her age,” he said and smiled toward the audience that was very excited about this. “So why don’t we sing her happy birthday and then maybe you can guide us to sing it in Spanish Howie what you say?”

“I can try,” Howie said as they gathered around me and began to sing… yep I was definitely going to kill Sonia.

*******

I smiled as we totally killed or bashed the Spanish version of our birthday song to none other than Esmeralda. I was still thinking I was dreaming but I knew I wasn’t when I could smell her cologne as she sat on the stool listening to us sing to her.

I guided her back down to the crowd but not before telling the guard to allow her backstage after the concert with her cousin. She had gasped as she heard my orders and she gave me a look that said no, but I really wanted to so I ignored her and went back to the guys who were now ready to start Inconsolable.

As I sang I couldn’t help but keep looking toward her and I could feel her stare on me. I knew she was just as intrigued as me about what had happened and why we felt like we did. I was now had even more questions as to why she hadn’t mentioned to me that she was a fan and then as I sang I realized that maybe she was lying all long. What if she was a crazed fan and… I didn’t want to think that. I just couldn’t because I had felt the scar on her back on the left side… she seemed so honest and maybe she did like our music that was all…

I smiled as I remembered the most daring thing she had done and I couldn’t help but smile as I came to the conclusion that maybe this was the cousin she had smuggled to the US once upon a time. As I sang and kept glancing over to her I realized she wasn’t gorgeous per say but something about her stare and her lopsided smile I liked. Is it wrong to wish to be stuck in that elevator again… I wanted to get to know everything about her…

I couldn’t wait to be able to talk to her and then I also had the questions I knew Brian and now the rest of the guys had. I knew they knew there was more to that birthday wishing.
Confession... by summer03
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I wanted to bolt after the concert but to my luck I wasn’t able to. I don’t know how it really happened all I remember clearly is seeing Nick smile when he saw Sonia and Me backstage lounging around waiting for him and the rest of the guys from there duties.

“Hey I didn’t know you were coming,” Nick said bringing me back from my thoughts. I was still trying to figure out how to explain to him this. I smiled and hugged him back when he hugged me. I knew I was blushing and I was definitely surprised when he hugged Sonia too.

Sonia was way beyond surprised she was frozen with her eyes wide open staring at all four men she had barely hugged Nick. “Nick this is my cousin Sonia.” I mentioned and he gave me a look that made me remember me sharing a secret with him about smuggling Sonia to Texas. I nodded to him confirming his suspicions.

“Hey guys this right here is Esmeralda she works at the hotel we are staying in.” Nick told the guys who all greeted me and then Sonia.

“Oh so you are the girl that was stuck in the elevator with Nick? I feel for you…” AJ said patting my back. “How did you do it? Come out of there alive?” I laughed at his insinuation. I would have wished we had not gotten along. But to my luck instead we had gotten along to well… so well that I had sex with him.

“I have Sonia here she is probably even worse than Nick.” I said laughing when Sonia slapped my arm. She was not happy with that comment; she was finally coming too from her Backstreet Daze.

“Nice Shirt,” AJ said smiling at her.

“Thank you… I guess you know who my favorite is.” Sonia said in her horrible English accent.

“Who’s your favorite,” Brian finally spoke staring at me and for some odd reason I didn’t like the way he stared.

“She doesn’t listen to you guys…” Sonia said quickly, “She is more into Rock. I forced her to come because silly me I thought she still liked you guys. When we were young like seventeen we used to love listening to you guys. I still do…she doesn’t. I just thought it would be for good time’s sake fun to bring her here. Maybe get her to like you guys again.” Sonia said and I smiled glad she had saved me from that.

“That’s too bad I would have loved to hear who her favorite backstreet boy is.” Nick said a smirk on his face I only hoped he had believed my cousin because she was saying the truth.

“So did we win you back?” Howie asked.

“I think you might have,” I said smiling at him. I cleared my throat and spoke again. “I really should get going, thanks for this you have no idea what you have done for my cousin here. Thanks for singing for me…”

“Wait why don’t you guys join us at this after party we are having?” Howie said looking at his watch. “We’ll celebrate your birthday a bit more.”

“I have to take a rain check.” I said only to get the look from my cousin begging me to reconsider. I shook my head and pulled on her hand. “Sonia por favor.” I said staring at her as the four guys stared at us.

“Oh come on Esmeralda you’ll have fun you’ll see.” Nick said grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. I tried to stop him but before I knew what was happening I was in a van piled with Nick and Brian. “Where’s Sonia?” I asked.

“In the other van with AJ, Howie and the other part of our crew, no worries we are all going to the same place.” Nick told me as he sat beside his stare making me nervous.


********

“I thought you said you weren’t coming with the guys to the after party.” Esmeralda told me as we sat in the VIP area at a very well known club.

“I wasn’t but my plans changed when I saw you.” I smiled at her and she shifted in her seat uncomfortable. I looked around and saw that we were pretty much alone so I scooted toward her and kissed her cheek softly. “You didn’t text me.”

She scooted away bringing space between us and she turned to look at me, “I didn’t and I wasn’t.” I watched she downed her coke. “I don’t want to screw up more than I already have. I love Leo.”

So that was his name… her boyfriend. I smiled though as I thought through what she had said. She was attracted to me if she feared about screwing up again. “You sure?” I asked her leaning into whisper it in her ear.

I felt her shiver as my hand touched her arm and she faced me with a very confused face. “Yes… I am sure don’t you love your girlfriend?” she asked me as she began to look down to where the crowd danced.

I took a gulp of my water as I thought through that question. I did I loved Lauren I really cared for her but as I was staring at Esmeralda something told me that maybe my feeling were changing. “I don’t know.” I told her making her turn to look at me. “I can’t stop thinking about what happened.”

“Nick it only happened yesterday of course you can’t. Just give it time.” Esmeralda said standing up and began to walk down the VIP area. I followed her till I realized she was going for her cousin who was very entertained dancing with some guy.

I watched her as she dragged her drunk cousin out of the club. I had a guard follow me as I followed her. “Is she ok?” I asked her.

“She’s drunk,” Esmeralda said as she haled for a taxi. My bodyguard was right behind me and I knew he wanted me back inside. “I’ll take you… we’ll take you its not safe for you two all alone.”

She rolled her eyes as a Taxi stopped and she opened the door. “No its dangerous for you… I really have to go.” I closed the door and helped her with Sonia. “Please let me take you… I won’t bother you again.” I was lying but I really didn’t think it was safe for them to leave alone. She sighed and told the cab man never mind as she shrugged.

“Fine.” I smiled as I told my body guard to get us one of the Vans. Five minutes later we were in the Van my bodyguard wasn’t to happy about it but he still did I instructed. Esmeralda was telling Sonia something in Spanish as she continued to laugh at god knows what.

“Where do you live?” I asked her as we began to move. She shook her head and looked at me. “Just take me to the hotel, I will text Leo to meet me there. My neighborhood is not the safest in the City I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to you. This city is dangerous especially at night.” I smiled as I realized she was being sincere and she honestly did not wish anything bad to happen to me.

We rode in silence and I just glanced at her as she texted on her phone. I only assumed it was with her boyfriend. Sonia was zonked out beside her looking a hot mess. I began to laugh. “What’s funny?” she asked me as she eyed me.

“It’s just Sonia reminded me of the old days when AJ used to get wasted and would the same thing zonk out before even getting to the hotel or wherever we were staying at.” She only smiled and shook her cousin, “Sonia despierta!”

After that we again became silent and then finally we arrived at the hotel. I helped her bring Sonia in. But the bellhop recognized Esmeralda and quickly took Sonia from me and helped Esmeralda. I followed as they took her into her office and sat her on a chair.

“Thank you.” Esmeralda said as she removed the Backstreet Boys shirt she was wearing, to reveal the shirt she originally was wearing. “I really appreciate your invitation and I know that even though I am sure Sonia will not remember much of this she will forever be thankful too.”

I gave her a small smile, “It’s nothing we love our fans.” I saw her roll her eyes and took a seat on the desk. I got near her and made her look at me.

“Meet me in the hotel’s restaurant tomorrow at twelve. Just please you won’t see me after tomorrow.” I told her and I was about to lean in to kiss her I just had the urge to kiss her when Sonia groaned and I moved back quickly only in time to see her bend down and puke all over the carpet. I felt nauseated as I turned to look away.

“Great just great!” Esmeralda said as she went to her cousin’s side. She was telling her something when the door opened and in came a guy almost my height. He went straight to Esmeralda who quickly hugged him.

I cleared my throat and she pulled away. “Thank you Nick I am so sorry about this. You can go now we’ll take care of her now. Babe this is Nick…he is one of the Backstreet boys he sort of helped me with Sonia. It’s a long story, Nick this is my boyfriend Leo.” He extended his and I took it for politeness and then I smiled at Esmeralda.

“I should go I have to rest I have a big day tomorrow. It was nice meeting Sonia; tell her she rocks for me.” I told Esmeralda as I eyed Sonia she had zonked out again. “Good luck with that.” I said pointing to the puke. I walked out fully of jealousy or I really don’t know what it was. I only hoped that she would meet tomorrow if not I was going to find a way to talk her I now more convinced that there was something between us and I wanted to find out.
Randomness… by summer03
I woke early in the morning and after a nice shower I left my room on a mission. I had not slept well after meeting Leo… he looked pretty descent and very AJish with tattoo’s. I don’t know why I felt like I had last night, I really don’t know why I feel like I need to talk to her more. I just have to so here I was looking for her.

“Mr. Carter nice show last night,” Gustavo told me as he saw me. I smiled at him and thanked as I looked toward the offices. “Is Esmeralda in yet?” I asked him as he followed my gaze.

“Yes she is in the office with the big boss do you need anything I can help you with. Need new videos games?” Gustavo asked me eagerly. I shook my head and laughed a little.

“No, thanks Gustavo do you think she will take long?” I asked him and then smiled when I saw her walking out with not a very happy face. She pulled on her skirt that had slightly risen I assumed from when she was sitting.

“I guess that’s a no,” Gustavo said eyeing her and then turning to me with a frighten look. “I better go she doesn’t look to happy right now.” I laughed as he sped away god knows where.

I cleared my throat bringing her eyes from the floor to my face. I smiled and she stopped abruptly as she tried to not bump into me. “Nick,” she said nervously and then she looked around grabbing my hand and pulling me toward her office.

After being inside her office she motioned for me to sit a she took a seat in her desk. “It doesn’t even look like Sonia puked in here last night right?” she told me bringing me back from my thoughts. I chuckled and nodded as I stared at her.

“So what has you all flustered and frowning?” I asked her as I watched try to concentrate on her computer. She stopped whatever she was typing and looked at me intently.

“What do you want Nick? Are you not satisfied with your room?” she asked me I knew she was trying to make this encounter as professional as possible.

“No. Everything is great what if I wanted to give you boss a good word about his Rooms Division Manger and how great she was with me? It can get you a raise.” I told her smirking and then I stopped smiling when I realized to her that sounded like an insult. “I mean I don’t mean it like that you know about what happened in the elevator…” I stopped talking after I realized I was just getting into deeper water. “I’m sorry… it’s just that when I am nervous I tend to not be the best speaker.”

She looked at me for a second and then she sort of smiled, “I know what you meant but I had fun watching you try to explain yourself.” She told me going back to whatever she was doing in the computer.

I cleared my throat and then I spoke again, “Kainophobia,” I told her and she looked up at me. She gave me a weird look and I knew I had gotten her. “It means fear of something new or maybe in this case fear of maybe liking someone new.”

She gave me a smile and then she asked me, “Did you look that up or did you actually know what that meant or maybe you made it up.”

“No. Look it up it means what I said. I did have to look it up though because it’s apparent that that is what is wrong with you.” I smiled and then she cleared her throat. “I was trying to make it random too.” I said.

“Random?” she said and then she sighed… “Random Nick would be something like this: Mario, of Super Mario Bros. fame, appeared in the 1981 arcade game, Donkey Kong. His original name was Jumpman, but was changed to Mario to honor the Nintendo of America's landlord, Mario Segali.” She told me and then smiled.

“How do you know all this stuff?” I asked her in amusement. See what I mean she is just something else.

She shrugged and then sighed. “I already told you I just happen to know some weird things…I have a good memory.”

“Please go to lunch with me…one last time. I promise we won’t have sex, beside we couldn’t we would be in public.” I gave her smirk.

She blushed and cleared her throat, “ok,” she said sighing.

*******

[Esmeralda’s POV]

Here I was accepting Nick’s invitation. Truth was I wanted to be with him again to talk to him it felt natural. I felt a little impressed with him going to the trouble of trying to impress me with a big word such as Kainophobia but I did not suffer from that. I was just afraid of hurting Leo.

But as of last night Leo had left… we got into a very big argument about I don’t know what. We were fine enjoying our company in bed when he asked me if I would marry him. I had gasped and stood up from the bed looking at him with speculation.

He had taken my reaction bad and then he asked me if I loved him. That should have been easy for me of course yet I couldn’t say it fast enough so he laughed wryly at my horrible attempt to say yes. After that I don’t remember exactly how it happened but he was throwing everything to about what he didn’t like. One my randomness and how I sort of snorted when I laughed. He even insinuated that I SNORED. SNORED! Can you believe that!

I told him to leave but not literally pack go just like go sleep in the couch for tonight but instead he agreed and packed. He even booked a plane ticket to Miami. I haven’t heard from him since. I think I just lost Leo and to be honest I quite can’t accept yet. I still have the hope that I will get home and he will be there waiting for me.

To make things worse Manuel finally called me to his office to tell me he wanted me to be packed and ready to be transferred to Guadalajara by tomorrow night! I was beyond upset but seeing Nick did sort of calm and when he asked me why I was the way I was only made me like him more.

So now here I am accepting his invitation to dinner and so what if we end up having sex again its not like I have Leo anymore and it seems that he doesn’t care about Lauren either. Ah, their goes my guilt eating at me for even thinking it… he still has a girlfriend and for that reason alone I know its not right to even think about him as more than a friend. I just have to survive this lunch then he will be gone and I will be gone too. We will never see each other again.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think...haha I bet you did not see that coming.
Goodbye... by summer03
I kept my eyes on the entrance to the restaurant. I had to literally lie so I would be excused from some rehearsals. Of course Brian was quick to let me know he did not believe me but I didn’t care.

I was getting a little impatient when I saw her walk in. She was dressed casually in some very nice dark jeans that accentuated her hips. I smiled as I read her shirt, “Randomness Happens”. I waved at her and she smiled as she spotted me.

“Hey,” she said as she greeted me with a hand shake and a kiss on the cheek very formal. I helped her sit and then I waived a waiter over.

“What would you like to drink?” I asked her as she looked at her phone and I realized she had just ignored a call. “You need to take it’s fine.” She just shook her head and put her phone away.

“I want a coke with lots of ice please,” she told the waiter. I ordered a bottled water…hey I know about the whole don’t drink the water in Mexico. I sighed and gave her smile; she looked like she was really not there.

“You sure you ok? I mean you’ve been like this since yesterday. I really am a good listener you know. Well when I want to be and I want to be right now. Maybe I can help.” I told her as she looked at me with a subtle smile.

“I – I ‘m just having personal problems and then I have job problems so it hasn’t been a good day for me so far.” She said as she looked at the menu.

“Did you loose your job?” I asked right away as I realized she was dressed casually and not in her normal work attire.

“No, I have my job it’s just my day off.” She said smiling wryly as she said it and then snickered… “Well it’s my day off because I have to packed and ready for my transfer. I leave tomorrow morning.”

I felt my heart sink not because I thought it was a bad idea but that meant that she would not be at hotel on my last hours there. “I assume you’re not happy about that? Why did they transfer you Timbuktu?”

“No…” she finally laughed a little. “Now that was random Nick.” She said rolling her eyes a little as the waiter finally came with our drinks. I asked him to give us a few more minutes to decide on to eat.

“Really… good I made you laugh. You have a very contagious smile.” I told her as I smiled at her. She was blushing and I knew I had caused that on her. “So where are you getting transferred to? The States again?”

She shook her head and sighed heavily, “Guadalajara.” She said as she took a drink of her coke. “I am in charge of the grand opening to our new hotel there.”

I almost spit my water out when I heard where. I was coughing hysterically and she was beside me patting my back. “I’m fine,” I managed to say between coughs. “The water just went into the wrong pipe.”

“Are you ok?” she asked concerned. She looked worried and I felt myself calm down as she continued to rub my back. When she realized I was not coughing anymore she removed her hand from my back and cleared her throat as she took a seat again.

I just smiled at her and then I cleared my throat, “thanks for the back rub.” She was going to be in Guadalajara… I wanted to tell her I was going to be there too. But as I was about to tell her I changed my mind and instead began to plan on surprising her. “I am sure you will adjust to the new city… you freaking speak Spanish and you well you said it yourself you like Mexican food.”

“Yeah but I have no family in Guadalajara and I don’t think Sonia will pack and leave with me. I’m sure she isn’t crazy like that anymore especially since her life is her in the Capital city.” She told me as she eyed her menu again. “I think I’m ready to order.”

“Ok I guess I am too.” I told her and then I had to ask her it just came to my mind. “But you will have Leo I am sure he will follow you to the end of the world. I mean I saw the way he looks at you…” I said a pang of jealousy hitting me.

She chuckled and then she sighed, “Nope apparently not… he left me that same night after the concert. He is in Miami right now and I haven’t spoken to him since.” She told me not looking up to me. Had I heard right Leo had dumped her? Why?

“I’m sorry Esmeralda I didn’t mean to…” I stopped when I saw her shaking her head.

“No I’m fine… He will be back I know he will we just sort of had a fight. It was something really ridiculous but he had to throw a big tantrum about it. I am the one that is not answering him he’s been calling me like crazy all morning.” She said as she sighed and pulled out her phone and sure enough there were thirty four missed calls.

“Are you going to give him another chance?” I asked her subtly.

“No but I will forgive him. See I sort of am to blame for this fight. It’s a long story Nick and I honestly don’t want to talk about right now. I want to enjoy this lunch with you. God know we will never see each other again after this. You’re a great guy Nick; I have to say you are very determined.”

*******

[Esmeralda’s POV]

“Thanks for lunch,” I told Nick as he followed me into my ex office. My desk no longer had my touch of things everything was packed and probably already on its way to Guadalajara.

“No thank you for accepting. Esmeralda?” Nick told me as he walked into my office closing the door. I felt my heart stop, that was not a good idea. I bit my lip as I pretended to be very interested in the pens that were still inside my desk.

“Hmm?” I said looking up at him.

He neared my desk and leaned in so he was only inches away from my face, “fate.” He whispered as his lips finally met mine. I closed my eyes as his lips claimed mine and all I could do was kiss him back.

I knew that if I didn’t stop him I would end up on the desk and risk the chance of getting caught by someone in the hotel. I finally pulled away and took a deep breath. “Fate can have two different outcomes Nick. It can be disastrous especially with you having a girlfriend who I assume you love.”

He sighed and took a seat staring at me. “What is it about you Esmeralda? What is it about you that I can’t seem to get off my mind?” he said as his fingers felt his lips that were still formed into a smile.

“Nick you don’t know me… for all you know I may have six toes and maybe I snore at night! I don’t know you either except for what every girl in the world knows you’re the cute blond guy from the backstreet boys. The one every girl dreams of marrying… but that is not the Nick you really are or is it?” I asked him as I took a seat.

“No, that is only when I am on stage or being interviewed. The real Nick is very cautious to he opens up to and stays in his comfort zone… till he meets this one girl in an elevator. This girl is real and honest… she makes him rethink everything from the girl he claims to love for a year now. Lauren is a great girl but she lacks something and I think I have found that in you.” he said staring at me again before he stood up and smiled. “But maybe your right… I am thinking to much about this besides if this really was fate telling me I am with the wrong person… I would have to see you again right?”
I wanted to say no but I knew that for his sake it was best I agreed it was true we were never going to see each other again. “Right…” I told him and then I smiled at him and extended my hand to him. “It was nice meeting you Nick Carter the real Nick Carter.”
Why you conniving man! by summer03
“What?” I yelled into my phone finally answering Leo. I had just landed in Guadalajara and was being driven to the hotel that I would call my new job for god knew how long, I did smile though the city was definitely less smoggy than Mexico City.

“We need to talk,” He told in a very forlorn tone. I rolled my eyes as I heard him to be honest I was still very hurt by his actions. I would have said yes to his proposal I would have if I hadn't met Nick Carter and done what I had. I just felt a little guilty. Guilty can be very bad and make you regret for a very long time.

“We have nothing to talk about Leo, I think this is the best decision you’ve made. Didn’t I tell you that you had made the stupidest decision ever when you quit your job to follow me to Mexico? Well you have finally done the right thing…” I told him not really wanting to hear his excuse because then I would feel guiltier and would probably take him back.

“No don’t say that Esmeralda I know I reacted to fast and the truth is I should have known that it was going to catch you by surprise. Heck it caught me by surprise when I realized that you are you are who I want to spend the rest of my life with… if I have to follow to Africa and live in a hut so be it as long as I am with you.” that was it I was a goner he was a sweet talker when he wanted to be and the truth is I do love Leo I do. He has been my first real relationship it wasn’t only about the great sex but he listened to me and we were a real couple.

I bit my lip and sighed, “I think we both need space.” What my heart was telling me was to ask him to come down to Guadalajara and make me forget everything. But yet something stopped and I just couldn’t. I could taste the blood on my lip as a picture of Nick smiling at me in my office flashed through my head.

Had I just let go of something worth more than a one night stand. Wait that was not a one night stand it was just casual sex with a total stranger who happened to be a very famous member of one of the most successful boy bands of all time. I had to breathe as I thought about that but soon Leo had me back listening to his plea.

“Look I think we both need to take a break see if we really do belong together. I don’t want to be the reason why you become unhappy… I love you Leo but this hurt me and now I want to be alone and I want to think.” I told him and I heard him rebuttal but I flipped the phone shut not wanting to hear anything more.

For now Leo was out of the picture and so was Nick. I would try and move on with out Leo and well Nick would fade away… I am sure he has had his fare share of groupies he could just add me to that list. Even if I wasn’t a groupie.

********

We were being escorted into the hotel and I was just smiling wondering if she had already found out we were here. I had kept that from Esmeralda when she told me goodbye in Mexico City. To my dismay apparently we had beaten her to the hotel and we had someone else fix our rooms.

The hotel crews was very nice and were very quick on getting us settled now here was in the lobby getting gawked at as I waited for her arrival. I knew she would be here she would not have lied to me about being transferred.

Sure enough I smiled as I realized that all the staff from the hotel was lining up in the lobby all with smiles. That meant Esmeralda was here. It only took me three minutes to spot her getting off the cab and she looked a little annoyed. I smiled as I watched open the glass doors.

I put the Spanish newspaper up to cover my face as I heard her greet the staff. I didn’t understand much of the what being said and I was smiling waiting to surprise but instead it was me who got surprised.

“Since when have you learned to read Spanish? Who ever taught you did an excellent job you learned in only hours.” She told him as I looked up from the news paper to find her standing there a hand on her hip and a small hint of a smile on her face.

“Maybe I just pretend to not know Spanish but maybe I am fluent in Spanish have you thought about that?” I asked her as I winked her and smiled even wider when I got a blush out of her.

“Want to bet? I am in the mood of taking someone’s money away!” she told me daring me and I shrugged.

“Ok so I don’t know how to read Spanish but I do know how to say, Hermosa.” I told her and she only laughed.

“I’ve look like shit right now… yet you call me beautiful?” she asked me but I knew I had her. “Why didn’t you tell me yesterday you were going to be here too?”

There it was the question I had been waiting for… “Its fate remember.” That was all I told her as I leaned in to kiss not caring apparently that we were in public but instead I got the cheek.

She hand by then took my hand and had played it off good, by telling me how nice it was to have me at the hotel and to see me again. She then asked me to follow her to her new office and so I did with a smile on my face. As soon as the door to her office was closed as broke into another smile. “So since fate continues to put us in the same place at the same times…maybe we should consider maybe another lunch date or at least talk some more.”

She sighed at me and then she glared at me, “You cheated it doesn’t count you made me agree only because you knew you were going to be here too.” She told me with both hands on her hips she looked so cute. I shrugged and played an innocent look on my face that only made her laugh.

“Lets just see where this takes us what do you say? Let’s forget about our lives outside of here…you forget Leo for this couple of day and I will forget about Lauren. You have to feel a little attracted me…I know I am.”

I could not believe I was offering her this but I was sort of like the idea. “No promises just getting to know each other that’s all and if we realize all there is here is friendship well no one got hurt…I won’t tell Lauren and you won’t tell Leo…besides Leo broke up with you. You won’t be hurting anyone.”

“Your wrong…” she told me and then she sighed. “Lauren is a woman and I am a woman too I would not like for something like to happen to me and me be oblivious to it happening I am hurting her even if she does not know.” she was right I knew that but here I was and again I insisted pleading her with my eyes.

Till she sighed and then spoke again, “I don’t like this and I have a feeling more than just one person is going to get hurt.” She told me and then her lips were on mine. For now I had won…
End Notes:
yay an update hope you still like it. :) let me know what you think :)
God's help? by summer03
“Well I have to say I like having you as my tour guide and interpreter.” I told Esmeralda as we walked through a street full of different people selling everything imaginable.

I smiled as a little girl passed by selling white roses in a basket. I stopped her and purchased one for Esmeralda. “A flower for the lovely lady.” I told her and she only shook her head as she took the flower.

“I should head back to the hotel I am here for business you know. Unlike you I do have to work today.” She told me as she smelled the rose.

“Ok well lets go.” I told her as we turned to head back the direction we had come from.

I took her hand in mine and smiled when she didn’t pull it away. “So do you want to come to our concert tomorrow? I can get you tickets.” I asked her.

She shrugged and shook her head, “I can’t I have to go house shopping and besides I don’t want my employees to get suspicious.” She told me as she kissed my cheek. “I do appreciate it though maybe I could just meet you at your room later.” She winked at me and I knew I was blushing.

“Ok,” I told her squeezing her hand as we continued to walk. “I like this,” I told her as we walked in silence.

********

[Esmeralda]

I snuck out of Nick’s room early and hoped no one would see me. I can’t believe I stayed last night. But I do admit it was a great night.

After several stairs I made it to the room I was staying in for the time being. I needed to shower and go on duty right away. As I showered all I keep thinking about is the mess I have just agreed to be in.

I know this is wrong but just like Nick I have a feeling there is something there. I know I will regret it but this is supposed to be just a few days and then he will head to god knows where and I will be here alone.

I am shivering as I recall the kisses he gave every part of my body the night before. I feel my skin tingle still from his caresses and kisses. I knew the feeling I was having and I knew I couldn’t let it happen.

I had agreed to this because I knew it would be temporary and he would leave forgetting me. Ok I knew it wouldn’t be that easy and that there would be complications like what I was feeling at this exact moment.

But I could get over it I just had to bare with it for two more days. I should take advantage of that actually. There’s just a little minor detail to that I am not that kind of girl and I know somehow I will hurt.

I finished my shower and dressed and headed to my office. I smiled as I realized that everything was already organized. I took a seat on my chair and closed my eyes for a few seconds when the knock on my door startled me.

“Brian,” I said recognizing him. “Come on in how can I help you?” I asked him as he gave me a small smile.

“Listen I wanted to talk to you.” He told me as he took a seat on one of the chairs. “I don’t know you so I have no right in judging you. That’s god’s job anyway but I really do care for Nick. He is not the sharpest knife in the cupboard when it comes to romance.” He began as his hands continued to fidget with each other.

I gave him a very nervous smile, “I don’t mean any harm to Nick.” I told him defensively.

“I know you don’t but you are harming him though. See Nick has this great girlfriend and he is in the best place in his life right now. I should know I’ve practically seen him grow. Lauren loves him and she doesn’t deserve this. Nick sometimes tends to not see things in the most morally correct way that’s why I am here. You have to understand that right?” he asked me sympathetically.

I nodded because I did and it only made me feel guilty as I heard him say it. “Your right and I promise you I've tried to keep him away.” I knew that was no excuse because I could have tried harder. “I will end this tonight I promise and I am not like that Brian, I am not but if I have to be honest to someone it will be you. I don’t know why but I feel something more for him but I won’t dwell on it because I don’t want to be the culprit in his misfortune.”

He smiled and stood up, “Thanks Esmeralda I knew you would understand. Nick tends to be a little more stubborn sometimes.” He said as he surprised me with a hug. “I know your not that type of girl I can see it in you eyes. But sometimes if you love something enough to know what’s best you have to let it go.”

I smiled, “I agree.” I told him as I watched him leave. I felt like a cold bucket of water had just been poured on me and I wanted to cry. He was right though and so I was now determined to end this before it got worse.

Not even ten minutes had passed since my conversation with Brian when my assistant walked in urging me to go to the front desk my assistance was needed. I sighed as I followed her.

“Can I help you?” I asked the distraught woman that was arguing with the clerk.

“Yes I was telling this young man here that I needed the key to my boyfriend’s room. See he doesn’t know I am here because well I am surprising him. But he won’t give it to me even after I gave him the name my boyfriend is using.”

I smiled as I took over the computer and then I felt my knees weaken when I saw the name. “Your name ma’am?” I asked.

“Lauren Kitt.” She smiled at me and I tried to give her my best smile. “I will handle this.” I told the clerk who left and then I grabbed another key for her. “Here you go, this will be a great surprise I am sure.”

“Yeah we’ve been apart for a few months now.” She told me and then she walked away. I wanted to die as I saw her. I felt worse than I already did, I didn’t even get the chance to tell Nick that it was not going to work. Maybe I should take it positively and think of it as god’s help?
End Notes:
I haven't forgot about this one I just had to really figure out how I was going to take this story and now that i have well here is the next chapter enjoy and I would love some feedback. :)
Forget it. by summer03
Nick

I was smiling big when I found Esmeralda’s bra on the floor. She had left long time ago but had forgotten them. I smiled as I got the best idea ever for when I saw her tonight. I know I am immature sometimes and this was one of those moments.

I had just gotten out of the shower when decided I could try on her bra. It was nice lacy bra, “I need to more boobs.” I said out loud. Esmeralda had nice boobs and they filled out her bra nicely.

That is when I jumped startled when the door to my suite opened. “What the hell.” I said turning to see who it was.

I felt my blood pressure drop literally when I saw the familiar face. She was looking at me weird and I saw her eyes move to my chest. Crap. I quickly removed the bra and looked up at her. She looked like she was trying to decide how to take what she had just seen.

“Lauren,” I finally literally croaked, my throat was dry. “I didn’t expect you to come down here.”

“Obviously.” She said with anger. Oops she was thinking bad about the bra incident and the worst part it was true what she was thinking technically I was cheating on her.

“I am glad you’re here.” I said quickly. “Do you like my new idea?” I said quickly as I showed her the bra. “I came up with a great prank for the guys!”

She mustered over what I had said and finally a smile broke her face. “Yeah what does that bra have to do with your prank?” she asked coming all the way into my room.

“Well…” I said giving her a sly smile, really what I was doing was trying to come up with a plan. “I was thinking of dressing up as a girl during Howie's performance and make him feel on me. I was going to fill in the braw with some tennis balls. Do you think I can make a sexy blonde?” I tossed the bra and went up to her kissing her.

She giggled and kissed me back. I was relieved, she had bought my lie. Now I just had to get to Esmeralda before she found out. I needed to let her know that… I had made up my mind. I was going to ask for a break from Lauren just so I could think things through that’s all…

*******

Esmeralda

“Are you ok?” my assistant asked me as she handed me a paper towel. I nodded and cleared my throat.

“Yeah… I just got something in my eyes.” I said blinking away the tears that threatened to come out. I was ashamed of myself and that was the reason I was crying.

Not because I knew I had lost Nick no. I knew that whatever happened between was only temporary. Besides just earlier I had promised his friend I would stop what we were doing. Now I had an even better reason to stop, his girlfriend was here.

“I’m not feeling to good today could you take care of everything today. If you need me just I’ll be in my room call me.” I told her and I walked away quickly getting into the elevator.

As soon as the elevator closed I let my tears run free. Who was I kidding seeing her here made me loathe myself and at the same time I wanted to hate her, she had ruined everything with her presence.

I know I had made Brian a promise that I intended to keep after one more good night with Nick but now I couldn’t say good bye to him properly. I was planning now to avoid him.

Then I realized that by now she was probably in his room. I wondered if they were kissing or if they were having sex. I bet they were, she hadn’t seen him in while. Nick was no longer going to remember her… god Lauren was way hotter than her.

The elevator doors opened and I quickly darted to my room. As soon as I was behind my door I began to sob. I hated myself and I was a home wrecker. I needed my mommy and I needed to leave.

Maybe it was time to retire the hotel business and go home. I finally calmed my cries and realized my phone was ringing. “hello.” I said trying to sound normal.

“Hey…” I nearly began to cry again when I realized it was Nick and he was whispering. “We need to talk… could I meet you somewhere. I don’t know if you have found out yet about Lauren surprising me today.” He said it all so fast but I understood it all.

”Yeah I did I was the one that gave her the key to your suite.” I said clearing my throat. “I can’t see you Nick I have a lot of work to do.”

“But I need to tell you something important.” He said still whispering. I took a deep breath and chewed on my bottom lip.

“Nick just let it go. Nothing happened between us, it was all mistake ok. Just let it go.” I said and was about to hang up when I heard him call my name. “What?” I asked frustrated.

“Please just meet me somewhere tonight… I want to talk to you about.” He stopped talking. I groaned when I heard the her voice she was asking who he was talking to. “Don’t worry I guess I can find another prank to pull then.”

I didn’t understand what he was talking about but I sighed and spoke again. “Nick just forget about us! Forget it!” I said firmly and hung up.

I had some reevaluating to do and I needed to reevaluate fast.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10095