A New Beginning by colorguard_diva
Summary: What happens when you leave the one you love?What happens when you hurt the only man you loved? What do you do when your heart tells you to go back? You start over, praying things will go back to the way they were before you left.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 14959 Read: 219209 Published: 08/28/10 Updated: 10/10/10
Chapter 6 by colorguard_diva

I was sitting on my couch spending another evening watching mindless television. I was alone and lonely. There was nothing unusual about that. I had been spending the last three years that way. I had no friends to hang out with. My mom was on tour. I had no life. I turned on the television and decided to check my email. My instant messenger popped up as soon I connected to the internet. It was Howie. I wondered what he wanted. It was probably about the record label.

 

                        Latin Lover D: Hey Rachey!

                        Cinderella bsb: Hi Sweet D!!

                        Latin Lover D: What’s up?

                        Cinderella bsb: Not much. U?

                        Latin Lover D: I talked to Nick today.

                        Cinderella bsb: Did he have anything interesting to say?

                        Latin Lover D: Maybe. J

                        Cinderella bsb: What’s with the smile?

                        Latin Lover D: I’m just happy to talk to you.          

Cinderella bsb: Cmon D. Tell me or I’m going to go watch tv. I hate suspense.

Latin Lover D: Gee whiz. You’re moody tonight. I thought you would want to talk to me. I’m hurt. L

Cinderella bsb: You know I love you D, but Nick must have said something important since you mentioned it. If you weren’t traveling the world, I’d smack you.

Latin Lover D: Ok. I’m sorry that I’m acting like AJ. I will be Sweet D from now on. Do you really want to know what Nick said?

Cinderella bsb: Please tell me.

Latin Lover D: Well I kind of overheard him when he was talking to Aaron.

Cinderella bsb: Shame on you Howard!! Just Kidding. I taught you well.

Latin Lover D: Ha ha! Let me continue. He didn’t hear me come in but he was talking about you.

Cinderella bsb: Stop holding out on me Dorough. Just tell me what he said. I am dying in anticipation.

Latin Lover D: He told Aaron that his mom didn’t know crap. Then he said, “I still love her. I haven’t stopped since the day she left, and I won’t stop until the day I die. Even then I will still love her.”

Cinderella bsb: D, what am I supposed to do? He knows that I still love him, but he hasn’t tried to talk to me.

Latin Lover D: He’s afraid that you’ll break his heart again. He doesn’t want that to happen again. Nick would rather suffer with loving you from a distance than to risk actually loving you.  I gotta go. Bye.

 

I couldn’t believe Howie would sign off in the middle of our conversation. I wanted to know more. My thoughts were at odds with each other. I was delighted to know that Nick still loved me as much as I loved him. At the same time it sadden me to know that he was afraid that I would hurt him again. What could I do to get him to trust me? We both wanted the same thing, but couldn’t figure out how to get it back to where we wanted it.

           

In the three months that I had been in Orlando, nothing had change. I was tired of playing this game. Moving on was the only choice. No longer could I sit and ignore Nick. I had to make a move, I felt childish about the whole situation. Here I was twenty-seven and playing games with the man that I loved. I knew I had to do something, the only question was what.

 

By two in the morning I still had no clue as to what I could do to end this game. I couldn’t leave, and I wasn’t sure if I should stay. Which was the easier choice to choose? Neither would be easy; having their own set of complications. Deep down I knew that my only choice was to gain back  Nick’s love and trust. He was my one and only true love. Without him I was nothing.

 

I decided it was time to go to bed. My whole evening was consumed by thoughts of Nick. I hated that Howie had planted the seeds of hope in my head. At least I knew Howie was telling the truth. He would never do anything to hurt me. He was a good friend.

 

I tossed and turned. I looked at the alarm clock, it read four in the morning. I threw my covers off and went into the living room. I signed on the internet and decided to check my email. Nothing but junk. I decided to send Howie an email.

 

           

Howie,

 

It’s 4 am, and I am sitting here writing you an email. Why do you ask? Thanks to our lovely chat this evening, I couldn’t sleep. I love that you care about me so much, when no one else does. You are a good friend. That being said I am taking the day off from work. If you need something call my cell phone. Thanks for being such a good boss and friend.

 

Love,

Rachel

 

I hit send and decided to watch a movie. I put in Dirty Dancing and sat on the couch. Within fifteen minutes I had fallen into a deep slumber.

           

 

 

 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10252