The Alma and Wentworth Story by Poster_Girl
Summary: So a friend of mine LOVES Wentworth Miller. I decided to write this for her.
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 5753 Read: 8760 Published: 09/26/10 Updated: 10/01/10

1. Prologue by Poster_Girl

2. Chapter 1 by Poster_Girl

3. Chapter 2 by Poster_Girl

4. Chapter 3 by Poster_Girl

5. Chapter 4 by Poster_Girl

6. Chapter 5 by Poster_Girl

7. Chapter 6 by Poster_Girl

Prologue by Poster_Girl
“I’m next, I’m next, I’m next!” was running through Alma’s head. She had all but stalked this man for years and now was finally getting to meet him.

“Next!” a security guard called out. Trying to remain calm she walked forth until she stood in front of…

“Hi, I’m Wentworth Miller,” he held his hand out and Alma shook it (she got to touch him…*SQUEE*) “but you already knew that didn’t you?” he asked with a smile.

“I do know. I’ve watched your TV show and I’ve seen all your movies. I really like them,” she gushed.

“Well thank you,” he replied, looking up. “You have really beautiful eyes. I mean, who should I write this to?”

“Me silly,” Alma answered.

“ ‘Me Silly’ is an interesting name,” Wentworth laughed.

“I mean Alma. And thank you.”

“For what?”

“You said I had beautiful eyes.”

“Oh yeah. You do.”

“Thanks again.”

“No thank you.”

Alma picked up her newly autographed photo and said, ‘it was really nice meeting you,” and turned to leave.

“No, Wait!” he said. “I have one more question for you.”

“Shouldn’t I be asking you questions?”

“I know. But since I’m from so far away I like to know how far my fans come to meet me,” he explained.

“So you wanna know where I’m from?”

“Right.”

“I’m from a town here in California called Porterville. It’s about four hours away.”

Wentworth picked up a pen and brought out a notebook from under the table and wrote *alma-Porterville-four hours* “Thanks for telling me.”

“You’re welcome,” she smiled and walked away.

End Notes:
So this story involves a REAl person, well more than one really, but in this case I mean Wentworth Miller. I figure, however, that since I wrote the story, it is an ORIGINAL.
Chapter 1 by Poster_Girl
“You know if you stare at that picture any harder it’s going to burst into flames.”

“Hasn’t happened yet,” Alma said, throwing a pillow at Michelle who was across the room sitting in a chair.

“I’m just saying is all. Anyway, I’ve gotta go.”

“Alright. Movies tomorrow still?”

“DUH! Part Uno of Deathly Hallows!”

The two friends walked outside and Michelle left.

Alma decided that she didn’t want to be stuck inside her boring apartment so she went inside, grabbed her keys and purse. She climbed into her car and drove.

*~*~*~*
He sighed. Again. “Are you still thinking about her?” Taylor asked.

“No, (pretty much non-stop for the last seven and a half months, but Taylor didn’t need to know that) it’s just that I have a feeling that I should remember the name Porterville for some reason. I can’t remember why though.”

“Dude, it’s been almost eight months. Deal with it. We should be reaching the set soon,” Taylor responded; sometimes he wasn’t the brightest friend in the box and was completely oblivious to what was happening with Wentworth.

“Whatever Taylor,” Wentworth drifted off as she stared out the window.
*~*~*~*~*
“Stupid cars. Don’t know why they have to film a stupid movie here anyway. Stupid Hollywood,” Alma muttered to herself as she backed up, turned down a side road and stomped on the gas.

*~*~*~*~*
“What the hell Taylor? Why’d you do that?” Wentworth grumbled as he rubbed his forehead.

“I didn’t do anything. Some nut just ran into us,” he retorted.

“Great,” Wentworth unbuckled and opened his car door; this was just what he needed right now.

*~*~*~*~*
“Crap! Crap! Crap!” Alma said aloud. She’d never been in an accident before, so why now? She shouldn’t have stomped on the gas. “Stupid.”

When she saw the car door open, she climbed out of her own car, ready to face whoever it was. What she didn’t expect was to hear, “Me Silly!” and laughing.

“What?” she asked, stunned by who she saw in front of her.

“I mean Alma,” he smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Other than the fact that I live here, stupid cars got in my way so I took a side street. You?”

“Filming a movie.”

“Ohhh. I’m sorry that I hit you with my car,” she said, still shocked; Wentworth Miller-filming a movie-in her hometown-what are the odds?

“Are you okay? He asked.

“Way to go Went,” Taylor said, joining them. “Ask the person who hit YOU if they’re okay.”

“Shut up Taylor.”

“Just get the information. Brendan’s gonna freak if you’re late again. And when he sees his car.”

Turning to his friend, Wentworth said, “First, Brendan’s always freaking out, even when there’s nothing to freak out about. And two, I’m always late for something so a few more minutes won’t make a difference.

Handing him a small card, Taylor shrugged and said, “It’s you’re funeral,” and got back in the car.

Looking down at the card in his hand Wentworth realized it was an insurance card. “I’m guessing this goes to you,” he said, holding it out for her to take.

Alma walked to the passenger side of her car and reached in through the window and grabbed one of her insurance cards out of the glove box. Handing it to him she said, “My information is on the back.”

He flipped it over and read slowly, committing the numbers, home, cell and work, to memory. Checking his watch, Wentworth said, “Taylor’s right, Brendan will be pissed if I’m any later. I’m gonna have to go.”

“What about his car?” Alma asked.

“He’ll get over it. He did last time.”

“It was nice seeing you. And again, I’m sorry for running into to you—literally,” she laughed.
“You too,” he smiled and hugged her. “Don’t worry about it. And don’t be a stranger. Come visit the set sometime.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course. I’ll call and let you know when to come down.”

“Ok,” she said. He gave her another brief hug and returned to his car.

As she watched him drive away, Alma took back all the rude comments she’d made to herself about Hollywood and the filming of movies in Porterville.
Chapter 2 by Poster_Girl
It had been about three days since her encounter with Wentworth Miller and he hadn’t called, but then again she hadn’t expected him to. After all, he was a big important movie star.

*~*~*~*~*
“JULES DID WHAT?!?!” Wentworth shouted at Brendan. The two were in his trailer sitting across from one another.

“She and Taylor ran off last night. They went to Vegas and got married. They are now in Fiji,” Brendan repeated.

Wentworth rose and started pacing; what the hell had Taylor been thinking? Now this film had no leading lady and they were going to have to reshoot what few scenes he and Julia had shot together. “Where are we going to find someone to replace J on such short notice?”

“That’s just the thing. There wasn’t anyone else who wanted the part. We can ask around but I’m not sure who we’ll find.”

“Well, what about Kristen Stewart?”

“She’s in Washington filming Eclipse.”

“Jen?”

“Both are out of the country filming.”

“Ellen Page? Ashley Greene?” Wentworth asked.

“Page is about o leave for France and Greene is in Washington with Stewart,” Brendan said. “However we ARE a week ahead of schedule. We’re going to use that time to find a replacement.”

Wentworth thought for a moment. “What about holding auditions here? We can give someone a chance that may not have it otherwise.”
“You sound like you’ve already got a specific person in mind. Do you?”

“Possibly. I’d have to talk to her first. It’d be an interesting experiment. Would you mind? I could use the coming week to bring her up to speed and they can redo the wardrobe.”

“Teach her a scene or two. On Wednesday bring her here and she can do a screen test. If that works out then we’ll get everything else done,” Brendan told him.

*~*~*~*~*
Alma couldn’t believe that the crazy idea she and Michelle had had a few years ago of becoming wedding planners had actually come to fruition. They had a small office space that they’d been renting since the previous summer. During the summer they planned as many weddings for the coming year as they could because they were both still in school and couldn’t work as much during the school year.

The bell over the door rang as someone walked in. Looking up from her computer screen, Alma saw that it was only Michelle.

“Did you know that you put my cell number on the back of your insurance card?” Michelle asked as she sat at her desk.

“WHAT?!”

Putting her cell by her keyboard, Michelle responded, “You did. Either that or you gave him the card you wrote my number on when I changed it,” she laughed at the expression on her friend’s face. “Yup. And I got a pretty interesting call on my way here.”
“Really?” Alma asked, trying to play it cool. “Who was it?”

Ignoring her, Michelle spoke into her cell, “You can come in now.”

Once again the bell over the door rang and Alma looked up to see who it was because they didn’t have any appointments until one that afternoon.

“So,” Wentworth said as he sat in front of her desk. “You’re a wedding planner?”

“Only during the summer.”

“Why’s that?” he asked.

“Because I’m still in school, I’ll be finished at the end of next year.”

“That’s cool. What are you going for?”

“I hate to interrupt,” Michelle interrupted,” but our one ‘o’ clock just moved to eleven thirty.”

Wentworth looked over at Michelle and asked, “She needs to leave? I can come back later.”

“No. She can stay. It’s just a preliminary meeting. I won’t need her there.”

As Michelle gathered the paperwork she’d need, Wentworth turned his attention back to Alma who was staring at him smiling goofily. “So, what brought about planning weddings?”

Michelle snorted as she walked out. She’d love to stay and hear Alma’s explanation because it would have to start with the discussion of the vampire wedding and bridal party outfits from Hot Topic.

“It started a few years ago. Only a few months before Twilight was released. Michelle and I had just started reading the saga. Then one day while she was reading she texted me with something like ‘next thing you know I’ll have a vampire wedding planned’ and we just went from there. We mostly do wedding that have a theme; they’ve become more popular than you’d think.”

“Sounds interesting,” he laughed.

Alma pointed, “Just look at the photos.”

She had to laugh as she watched the various faces he made as he looked at the pictures from the weddings they had planned in their first year of business.

He pointed to one in particular. “What on earth was that theme?”

Alma looked up and grimaced; it had been the wedding of one of their high school classmates, who had convinced them that they ‘just had to be in the wedding after all their hard work’. “Twenty Seven Dresses.”

“I’m not even gonna ask for details. But I do have to admit that even in that dress you look amazing.”

Blushing she muttered, “thanks.”

“Anyhoo…”he said. “Let’s go.”

“Go where?”
“Lunch. I need to talk to you.”

“Let me lock up. Why don’t you go wait outside and I’ll be right there?” Alma said; truthfully she needed a few moments to calm her nerves.

While he went to get his car, she hurriedly scribbled a note and left it on Michelle’s desk and went to find Wentworth outside.
*~*~*~*~*
He drove right to Denny’s. Once they were seated he began firing questions like “have you ever auditioned for a play before?” and “are you good at memorization?”

The questions were making her nervous because she knew something was up. When their food arrived she asked, “So, why all the questions?”
Wentworth smiled sheepishly and shrugged before confessing, “Taylor and my costar ran off last night and got married. They are now in Fiji.”

“Ouch. But, um…what does that have to do with me?”

“Well, you see, I was thinking that maybe, possibly, if you want to, you can replace Julia.”

Alma choked on a mouthful of her Cherry Cherry Limeade. “WHAT?!”

“Um, you could replace Julia?”

“Let me get this straight. You,” she pointed, “want me,” more pointing,” to replace Julia Keene in a major movie?”

“If you want to then yes, Wentworth said.

“Are you nuts!” she shook her head. “Why me?”

“You popped into my head when Brendan told me what happened.”

“Oh wow.”

“Does that mean you’ll do it?” he eagerly asked.

“Well DUH silly! That would be amazing!” she slapped her hands together excitedly.

“Well then,” he said. “We’d better get to work.”

Chapter 3 by Poster_Girl
He took his phone from his pocket, “Hello?”

“Dan! Something’s happened.”

“Jenna? Are you at home?”
“Yes, I need help.”

“I’ll be right there.”

When she opened the door a while later, Dan walked forth and pulled a very frightened Jenna into his arms. “It’s okay,” he said. “I’m here.”

“Thank you.”

“It’s alright,” he held her close while she cried. “Come sit down,” he guided her toward he couch.

She pushed away, “No. I have to show you first otherwise I won’t want to.”

“Alright,” he allowed her to lead him to the open bathroom door.

“In there,” she muttered as she stared at the floor.

“What is it?”

“Just look,” she said.
*~*~*
Applause rang out. “Good job Alma!! You were great!” Brendan roared. Quieter he added, “Will you replace Julia?”

Alma looked over at Wentworth, who had a big smile on his face that mirrored the one she wore, “Of course!”

*~*~*~*
“YOU WHAT?!” Michelle shouted at Alma.

“Got a part in a movie.”

From h is chair across the room Wentworth said, “Not just any part. The female lead.”

“Seriously?”

Alma shook her head yes and then got the goofy smile she always wore and in the next second, both girls were screaming and Wentworth was covering his ears as he laughed.
Chapter 4 by Poster_Girl
Dan waited until Jenna buckled up before pulling onto the street. “How’d it go?” he asked; Jenna had spent the night with his brother and sister-in-law.

“Alright. Marissa and I got along great.”
“She’s good for Owen. I thought you two would have a lot in common.”

“Thank you for arranging this and for letting me share your family for a night.”

“You’re welcome.”

“How much did you find out last night?” she asked.

“Quite a lot,” Dan answered.

“So did I,” Jenna told him, smirking.

“Oh?”

“Yeah. Classical music. String Quartet. Why didn’t you tell me?”
“There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Jenna, and a lot I don’t know about you. I was to spend more time with you and learn everything about you.”

Jenna said nothing and turned to stare out the window.

“So,” he asked, drawing her attention to him once again. “What else did you learn about me?”

Jenna looked over, “Well let’s see. Should we begin with your love life?”
*~*~*~*
“That’s scene! Go to lunch people. You have an hour and a half, and then we get back to work!” Brendan shouted.
Wentworth and Alma hurried to her car and drove straight to her office where she had a lunch meeting waiting.

“Dudes, what are you wearing?” Michelle laughed as they walked in.

They looked at each other and then at themselves and burst into laughter. They had been in such a hurry that they hadn’t stopped by wardrobe to change. Hopefully the clients didn’t notice.
*~*~*~*
An hour and twenty minutes later Wentworth tapped Alma on the shoulder and whispered, “If we’re late Brendan will murder us.”

She checked her watch and noted the time. “I’m sorry,” she spoke as she stood. “But I must be going or I’ll be late getting back to the set. I’ll see the two of you at our next meeting and congratulations again.”
*~*~*~*
Five minutes after Jenna handed him the paper, Dan said, “It’s nothing really. Just pretrial publicity. But it’s made the public aware of it again. I think that the movie is a bad idea now.”
Jenna walked in a circle before returning to the bed and picking up the remote to click through the channels. “Sorry,” she said. “I’m a little nervous.”

“It’s alright,” Dan checked the TV listing. “Guess we don’t want to watch anything tonight.”
“What, all murder mysteries?”

He shrugged. “Nothing good. Let’s play tic-tac- toe.”

She laughed but they sat across the little table form one another and they played tic-tac-toe and the dot game for the next thirty minutes.

Dan closed the last box on the dot game and Jenna looked up at him and said, “I love you Dan.”
*~*~*~*
“CUT!” Brendan yelled.

Alma stood up and walked away; the scene had been intense and she needed to be alone.

She made her way back to her trailer and a short time later was joined by Wentworth. “Brendan said we’re done for the day. Let’s go to dinner.”

“Actually, I was hoping that I’d have tonight to myself. There are a few things I need to do,” she told him.
Alma watched as his face fell. “Oh…ok. Did you still want to rehearse tomorrow?”

“Yeah. Is one pm okay for you?”

His eyes lit up as he smiled, “its fine.”

They left the set a short while later.

Once Alma was in her apartment she decided that she needed to write a letter to her friend Jane (Jane was actually her diary, but she was still a GOOD friend).



She wrote:
Jane,
Today was long and I’m exhausted. We filmed the scene where Jenna, my character, tells Dan, Wentworth’s character, that she loves him. We got the scene in one shot thank goodness. I really don’t think I could’ve filmed that more than once. I’ve spent pretty much every waking moment, every spare moment over the past five weeks with Wentworth and today, just after the director had yelled ‘CUT!’ I realized that what I had just said on film was the truth. Only I should have been saying it to Wentworth and not his character. Arrrgh! I don’t know what to do. I do know that I can’t tell him about the whole me-loving-him thing; that would just freak him out. He would think that I was some crazy-obsessed fangirl (which I am, but he doesn’t know that). Maybe I never should have agreed to do this movie. But as I have, I will finish it and when he’s gone, I’ll move on with my life. Thanks for listening to me rant.

Alma stopped writing and put the book back in its hiding spot. She still didn’t know what to do about her newfound revelation but she would figure it out.
*~*~*~*
Over in his hotel room, Wentworth was having the same problem; only he didn’t have a diary (guys just don’t keep those) so he talked aloud to himself.

“How could this be happening? I hardly know the woman. I HAVE spent every waking moment in her company over the last five weeks, but still. I don’t see how I could fall for someone so quickly,” he stood and began pacing.

Pacing was something he did when he had no idea what to do, now was one of those times. “How am I going to explain this to her when I can’t even explain it to myself?”

He flopped, stomach down, onto his bed feeling like he had when he was a junior in high school and his friends had convinced him that the Australian exchange student, Chelsi Nicole, was in love with him.
Chapter 5 by Poster_Girl
Both Alma and Wentworth were acting a little off color with one another over the next few days and everyone noticed.

“MILLER! GOMEZ! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?” Brendan yelled. “LAST WEEK T HAT SCENE WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT AFTER ONE TAKE. AND NOW? IT SHOULDN’T TAKED FIFTEEN TAKES TO GET ONE DAMN SCENE! NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I GET REALLY MAD!”
They walked slowly to their trailers, not saying a word to each other. Alma sat in her giant cube chair and thought. They needed to do something or they were going to ruin the movie.
*~*~*~*~*

In his trailer Wentworth was pacing. He needed to do something or the movie was going to go to hell.
*~*~*~*~*
Alma woke with a start. Wondering who was pounding on her bedroom like that and why.

“Come on Alma, open the door!” Wentworth repeated.

Sleepily she asked, “How’d you get into my apartment?”

“You’re not in your apartment. You’re in your trailer on set.”

She sat up and rubbed her eyes. When had she fallen asleep?

Alma unlocked and opened the door and in his hurry to get inside, Wentworth pretty much knocked her over.

“Dude,” she said. “Watch it.”

He held his hands up and replied, “Sorry.”

“What do you want?”

“Brendan’s gone for a few days. His daughter just had a baby,” he told her.
“Ummm, that’s nice, but what does it have to do with me?”

“Because it means we have four days off. Be ready at ten am, I’m coming to get you,” he told her.

“Ten am on my day off?? ARE YOU NUTS?” she gasped.

He smiled. “Yes, I am. But I’ve got something planned and if you’re not up by ten you’ll miss it.” Wentworth stood. “Beside, you’ve been asleep for five hours. You can’t tell me you won’t be up early.”

“Five hours?” she asked; he nodded. “CRAP! I missed the meeting.”

“When you didn’t show up Michelle called me. I told her that you were completely exhausted from a late night shoot and she said that it was fine.”

“Thanks,” Alma smiled.

“At least you’re smiling again. Anyway, if you’re not ready in the morning, I’m going to wake you up again,” he threatened.

Alma threw a pillow at him. “I’ll be up.”
They left the set in high spirits and Alma wondered what he had in store for her.
*~*~*~*
Wentworth went back to his hotel, put on his disguise, and went to the grocery store.

He got everything he had planned on picking up and then went in search of a picnic basket large enough to carry it all.
*~*~*~*~*
Alma was up at eight the next morning; she felt rested and refreshed. She hadn’t been able to fall asleep the night before and by midnight she had had to brew her ‘stinky pee tea’ because it knocked her out within minutes.
Since she didn’t know what Wentworth had planned, she dressed carefully. She chose jeans, purple converse and her ‘Team Edward’ t-shirt.
*~*~*~*~*
Wentworth drove over to Alma’s slowly, wondering if he should just turn around and forget everything he had planned. “Too late now,” he muttered to himself as he pulled up in front of the apartment building where she lived.

He walked quickly to the door and knocked before he could talk himself into changing his mind.

Alma was all smiles when she answered the door. “Hi,” she said. “Let me get my bag and I’ll be ready to go.”

He waited by the door while she went to grab the bag she had purposely left in her bedroom.

As they walked back to his car, he noticed that her bag had a photograph of Taylor Lautner on it with the phrase “Portable Space Heater” printed under it and he snickered.

“What?”

“Why is Taylor a “Portable Space Heater”?” he asked.

“Read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and then you’ll know,” she replied.

“And I suppose I’ll find out what ‘Team Edward’ is also?”

“Psh. Duh. By the end of the summer you will k now. I am making you read all four books.”

“Yes ma’am!” Wentworth saluted.

“They’re good books. You’ll like them. And I happened to know that you were at the Hollywood premiere of Twilight.”

“I don’t think I wanna know how you know that,” Wentworth laughed.

“Yeah, you probably don’t,” she laughed back. “Where are we going anyway?”

“You’ll find out when we get there.”

They drove on in silence for a while; the silence was once again comfortable and both people in the car relaxed at being able to be near one another without freaking out again.

They pulled to a stop seemingly in the middle of nowhere and Alma joked, “Is this the part where you drag me out to middle of nowhere and leave my body to the elements?”

“Hahaha. You’re hilarious you know.” He moved to the trunk and pulled out the large picnic basket. “Follow me.”

He led her on a fifteen minute hike that ended in the middle of a meadow.

Turning in a circle, Alma asked, “How’d you find this place? I’ve lived here my whole life and I’ve never seen this place.”

“I like to explore. Well,” he laughed. “that and my car broke down the third day I was in town.”

Alma laughed as the two spread the red and white checked blanket across the ground.

As he began to pull the food from the basket, Alma said, “So, what does your name mean?”

“The meaning of my name?”

“Yeah.”

“It means ‘pale man’s settlement’. Not too interesting.”

She smiled. “What about your middle name?”

“It has two. ‘Nobleman’ and ‘Leader’. You’re full of questions aren’t you?”

“Why, yes, yes I am. What about your last name?”

“It means ‘One who grinds grain’. Now tell me what your name means. First. Middle. And last.”

“Well, my first name means ‘soul’. My middle name means ‘flower,’ and I’m not exactly sure what my last name means. I’ve never been able to find anything.”

“I think I’m gonna call you ‘Soul’ from now on.”

“Thanks…Paleman,” Alma giggled.

“funny,” he tossed a grape at her head.

They fell back into the comfortable silence again as they begin to eat.

A while later Alma set her plate down beside her and lay back with her head in the grass. Moments later, Wentworth joined her.

“So,” he spoke. “What are you thinking?”

She pointed. “How that cloud looks like my kitty French Toast.”

“French Toast? That’s an interesting name for a cat who most likely looks nothing like its namesake.”

“You’re right. FT looks nothing like French toast, but he is cute.”

“Sure he is.”

“That one looks like Waffles,” Alma said, pointing at another cloud.

“Dare I ask who ‘Waffles’ is?”

“Michelle’s bunny. He has a full name which is ‘Waffles Chester Black’.”

“That’s…interesting.”

“Yeah, Michelle’s a pretty weird person and she’d be the first to admit it.”

He laughed, “I’ve got a few friends like that.”

“Weird friends are the best kind to have.”

“Too true,” Wentworth stood and walked to the pond. “That little waterfall is more beautiful that some of the larger ones I’ve encountered.”

Alma joined him after repacking the picnic basket. “You’re right,” she said. “It is pretty.”

“I wonder if the water’s cold or not,” he said aloud.

“Why don’t you stick your hand in and find out?” Alma suggested.

He smiled widely. “I have a better idea I think,” he turned toward her, still smiling.

Alma got his meaning and began backing away, but he caught her around the waist and tossed her into the pond before she could blink.

The pond was only about two feet deep. Alma sat up with her arms crossed over her chest with a ‘hmmmph’ look on her face. “WHAT’D YOU DO THAT FOR?” she shouted.

Wentworth shrugged, “I wanted to test the water.”
“It’s not funny,” she hissed as he doubled over with laughter.

“You don’t have to stay in the pond you know. You can get out.”

“You threw me in; you get me out.”

“Oh no! I know what you’re thinking. There is no way I’m getting into that pond.”

“Oh yes you are,” Alma stated as she jumped up and ran toward him. Wentworth of course, ran the other way.

He stopped for just a second to catch his breath and Alma jumped onto his back.

“TO THE POND!!” she shouted as she began laughing. “COME ON, TO THE POND!”

He sighed in defeat. “At least let me take my phone out of my pocket.”

“Drop it on the blanket,” Alma told him, still holding on.

He walked to the blanket and dropped his phone and wallet onto it and walked toward the pond.

At the last second, Alma dropped back to the ground and told him, “Payback is fun,” and promptly pushed him in.

She started to turn away and he said, “Oh no you don’t,” grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into the pond.

Alma landed on top of him and began giggling.
“Trying to drown me?” he laughed.

“Hey! You’re the one who pulled me in.”

She stood and held her hand out to him. “Come on, we need to dry off.”

They were lying on their backs, pointing our shapes in the clouds again, when Wentworth turned on his side to face Alma.

“What,” she asked. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Nothing,” he said. “I just felt like looking at you to make you ask questions.”

“Umm…okay.”

A few minutes later she felt his eyes on her again. “Yes?”

“Nothing,” he grinned.

The grinning was getting to her; she started to push herself into a sitting position so she could stand and walk away but Wentworth caught her wrist. “Where do you think you’re going?” he asked seconds before kissing her.
Chapter 6 by Poster_Girl
Since they had a week or so off Alma decided to go back to work as a wedding planner until Brendan returned. Of course she didn’t tell Michelle she was going to be back.
*~*~*~*
Michelle was sitting at her desk typing the plans for the latest “Twilight” themed wedding she was working on. This time the couple would be Carlisle and Esme. The bells over the door twinkled and then she heard, “HE KISSED ME!” and a plop in Alma’s chair.

“What?!”

“He. Kissed. Me,” she squealed again.

“Seriously?” Michelle asked.

“Yes! Yesterday when we went on a picnic.”

“He took you on a picnic?”
“Cute huh?”

“Totally. Details.”

“Well…” Alma began her story.
*~*~*~*
“Wait,” Michelle interrupted laughing. “He threw you in to the pond?”

“Yeah,” Alma answered. “He did.”

Michelle howled with laughter. “That’s funny.”
“No, it’s not. My phone was in my pocket.”

“Nuts, that was a good phone.”

“I know. He bought me a new one,” she smiled.

Alma continued with her story until she was done.

“Cute. Especially the part about Waffles.”

“T work. What are you working on?”

“Another Twilight.”

“Ooooh, who is it this time?”

“Carlisle and Esme. To be honest, I’m pretty much sick of t he rest of them. There were WAY too many Bella and Edwards this last year.”

“Too true,” Alma agreed. “What do you want me to do?”

“Research wedding dresses from the time Esme would have lived. At least three designs. Five if you can manage.”

Alma sat forward in her seat and began tapping away at the keyboard.

Her phone trilled and the sound of “That Song in My head” startled her. Wentworth was texting. She picked up the phone and read:
Twilight=Awesome
Awesome=Me

Out loud she said, “Awesome equals me?”

“Yes, awesome equals me. Just wait until both of you hear what I’ve got to say and BOTH of you shall agree.”

That got Michelle’s attention. “Wentworth,” she said. “What reason would I have to think you’re awesome? I mean beside the fact that you threw Alma in a pond?”
He blushed. “She told you that?”

“Duh. I know everything,” Michelle laughed.

“Anyhoo…” Alma interrupted. “Why are we going to agree that you’re awesome?”

“Because I have these,” he said, handing them envelopes with an all too-familiar red and white flower on them.

They opened them at the same time and when they say what the envelopes contained…

“OME!!” Michelle yelled.

“OMHJ!” Alma screeched. “ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS??”

Without waiting on an answer both girls pounced on Wentworth, knocking him to the ground.

“You are so freaking awesome!” t hey yelled.

“OW!” he winced. “I kinda need my ears.”

“Sorry,” they chimed and stood to help him up.

The girls took their seats once more and he said, “I guess you do like your gift.”

“Uhh…like is not the right word. This,” Michelle said indicating the envelope, “is the most amazing thing anyone’s ever given me. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Alma was busy reading the invitation. “Michelle,” she said. “Did you happen to notice what date this will take place on?”

Michelle grabbed her envelope and yanked the paper out. “November eighteenth?” she questioned.

“Yeah, what’s so special about it?” Wentworth asked.

“This has got to be t he most amazingly awesome birthday present in the history of birthday presents!” Michelle squealed. “You are even more awesome than before!”

“You’re birthday is November eighteenth?” he asked; Michelle nodded. “Well, happy birthday—very early.”

“Thank you!”

A short while later Wentworth left so they could get back to work.

After about thirty minutes Alma and Michelle were still majorly keyed up so they gave up on work. Alma pulled New Moon out of a desk drawer and began reading while Michelle pulled up the DVD player on her laptop and started watching Twilight.

Alma glanced over. “Not at all obsessed are we?” she laughed.

“Only a little,” Michelle laughed. “But we make obsessed look good.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10298