Home by No_Angel
Summary: Okay, this is a story that came to me after listening to the song "Oklahoma," by Billy Gilman (if you haven't heard it, i recommend you listen to it. It's a good song.)
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 708 Read: 693 Published: 10/01/10 Updated: 10/01/10

1. Chapter 1 by No_Angel

Chapter 1 by No_Angel
"Jessie? You all packed, honey?"Annie called from the living room. Jessie sighed, looking around the room to make sure she had everything she wanted. She smiled as her eyes fell on the dent she'd put in the wall on her first day at "Miss Annie's." She sat down on the bed as the memory came rushing forth.

*flashback*

"Jessie, this is Anne Mathews. You'll be staying with her for a little while." Cheryl, Jessie's social worker had stated.

"Hi, Jessie. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm looking foward to getting to kno you." Annie smiled, extending her hand. Jessie hadn't responded, just stood staring at the floor.

"Well, I'm sorry to drop her off and leave, but i'm running a little late. Jessie, be a good girl, and I'll see you later, okay?" she hugged Jessie quickly and then was gone.

"Well, Jessie, why don't you come with me and we'll go look at your room, okay?" Jessie reluctantly took Annie's outstretched hand and followed her down the hall. They stopped at the last door on the left, and Annie let go of Jessie's hand.

"Well, here you are. Why don't you get settled, and then come out and meet the others, okay?" Annie smiled an walked away as Jessie walked into the room. Jessie tossed her suitcase onto the bed, unzipped it, and pulled out her favorite book. Making sure Annie wasn't watching, Jessie lifted the book over her head and threw it as hard as she could at the wall. Unhappy with the size of the dent she'd made, Jessie retrieved the book and threw it again. She continued to throw it until at last she was satisfied. Taking a deep breath, Jessie sank to her knees. A few moments later, Annie appeared in the doorway.

"Feel a little better?" she asked quietly. Jessie searched Annie's face, but saw no sign of abger. She nodded slowly.

"Well, good. Why don't you come on out here and meet the others, huh?" Annie held out her hand. Jessie stood and took Annie's hand and they walked out of the room.

*end flashback*

"Jessie?" Annie called again. Jessie sighed and grabbed her suitcase.

"Yeah, I'm packed." She called as she turned off the light and left the room. She walked into the living room and sat on the couch, her suitcase at her feet. Annie sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her.

"Cheryl should be here-" Annie started, but was interupted by the doorbell.

"Right now?" Jessie asked smartly.

"Oh, hush." Annie smirked as she got to her feet and went to get the door. Jessie stood, grabbed her suitcase and followed. When she reached the door, Annie pulled her into a tight hug.

"Oh, Jessie. I'm gonna miss you."Annie sighed.

"I'ma miss you, too, Annie." Jessie sniffled. Annie stepped back and placed her hands on Jessie's shoulders. "You be a good girl, okay, baby? For me?" she whispered, a single tear running down her cheek.

"I'll do my very bestest." Jessie replied. "Okay, let's go." Jessie sighed, turning to Cheryl.

"Alright, Annie. I'll talk to you later." Cheryl turned and Jessie followed her to her car. After tossing her suitcase into the backseat, Jessie got into the frontseat and buckled her seatbelt. Cheryl started the car and pulled away from the curb. Jessie sat quietly as a million thoughts raced through her mind.

Before she knew it, the car stopped and she saw that they were parked in front of a big house. They got out of the car and Jessie grabbed her suitcase. She slowly made her way around the car to stand beside Cheryl on the sidewalk. Seconds later, she heard the sound of a door opening and closing.. She turned to see a man standing on the porch in front of the house. Without a seconds hesitation, Jessie dropped her suitcase and tore off across the yard. Though she'd never met the man before, it was as if she'd known him her whole life.

"Daddy." she whispered as he wrapped his arms around her as she flew into his arms. All the questions that had been buzzing through her mind disappeared as she hugged her father for the first time.

THE END
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10308