When We Collide by Carter-Orange
Summary: Photobucket
The boss from hell meets his match...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 28267 Read: 36412 Published: 01/03/11 Updated: 02/19/11

1. Chapter 1 by Carter-Orange

2. Chapter 2 by Carter-Orange

3. Chapter 3 by Carter-Orange

4. Chapter 4 by Carter-Orange

5. Chapter 5 by Carter-Orange

6. Chapter 6 by Carter-Orange

7. Chapter 7 by Carter-Orange

8. Chapter 8 by Carter-Orange

9. Chapter 9 by Carter-Orange

10. Chapter 10 by Carter-Orange

11. Chapter 11 by Carter-Orange

12. Chapter 12 by Carter-Orange

13. Chapter 13 by Carter-Orange

14. Chapter 14 by Carter-Orange

15. Chapter 15 by Carter-Orange

16. Chapter 16 by Carter-Orange

17. Chapter 17 by Carter-Orange

18. Chapter 18 by Carter-Orange

19. Chapter 19 by Carter-Orange

20. Chapter 20 by Carter-Orange

21. Chapter 21 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 1 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 1

I couldn’t help but be pleased with myself and feel excited for what lay ahead. I, Rowena Bloom, had just been promoted and was going to be the PA to Nick Carter, the new managing director at the company I’d been working at for the past four years. The previous MD, Kevin Richardson, had moved on to new pastures when the company had merged with another and Mr Carter had been selected as his replacement.

I’d yet to meet my new boss, but I’d done my research. From what I could tell, he was a highly driven man, very successful in his ventures, a ruthless businessman, but also professional and well liked in the industry. From the photo I’d seen in one of the various publications about him, he was also very easy on the eye!

The day finally arrived, my first day as PA. I’d gone out the week previously and bought a whole new work wardrobe, I had to look professional and knew that my existing wardrobe just wouldn‘t cut it. Wearing one of my new outfits, I carefully tied my hair into an elegant twist and secured it, checked my make-up and then left for the office. I felt so confident; I was a PA at last!

Walking into the office, my breath nearly caught in my throat, for there in front of me stood the most beautiful looking man I’d ever seen. Wearing a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to display his lightly tanned arms, a silk tie, black trousers which clung just right and a panty dropping smile, stood Nick Carter. I gulped and then took a deep breath before I showed myself up on my first day in my new job.

“Ah, Miss Bloom, at last” he said in a surprisingly stiff voice “I’m Mr Carter, your new boss, and when you’ve had chance to settle yourself at your desk, I’d like to see you in my office to go over a few things, so that we understand each other with regards to how I like things done”

And with that, he turned and was gone, striding over to his office and closing the door after him.

“What an arrogant ass” I muttered to myself.

I took off my jacket and hung it over the back of my chair and then sat down and switched on my computer, checking through a few emails before deciding it was time to go and meet my new boss properly.

I suddenly felt quite nervous. I tapped on his door and waited, after what seemed like forever, he eventually called “come in” and I turned the handle. Once again, I was struck with how gorgeous he was as he fixed his blue eyes on mine.

“Take a seat Miss Bloom” he said and gestured for me to sit down.

“Thank you” I replied “please, call me Rowena“.

“Now then, as you are no doubt already aware Miss Bloom, I like to run my business professionally. You will address me as Mr Carter at all times” he started and he carried on talking for about ten minutes, telling me exactly what he expected from me and what I could expect from him. Then he excused me and that was that, so much for a friendly induction. The man was a complete prick!

I met up with the other office girls like usual for lunch and we talked about how our days had gone so far.

“How’s it going with your new boss then Rowena?” asked Carly.

“Urgh, don’t ask!” I said

“I heard he has a bit of a reputation” she giggled.

“A bit! The man is an arrogant, stuck up…

“Drop dead gorgeous“ Ella commented.

“…prick” I said and we all started laughing.

Maybe my first day wasn’t going as planned, maybe I was just nervous and reading Nick Carter all wrong. Things could only get better, right?

~*~

The weeks passed and although I loved my new job and the challenges it brought me, I couldn’t say the same thing about my boss. He was a complete and utter bastard when he wanted to be, and seemed to take pride in making people’s lives a misery. He also seemed to be able to get any woman he wanted, a real Casanova judging by some of the office gossip. I wondered if he was as pig-headed and stuck up in the bedroom as he was in the office. Urgh, don’t even think about it Rowena.

“Miss Bloom” he barked from his office “in here now”

“Yes Mr Carter?” I said, at his door in an instant.

“Here, I want this report completed before you go this evening” he flung a file in my direction.

“But…I’ll never get this finished on time” I began.

“Well, I guess you’ll be working through your lunch break then. Now I suggest you stop complaining and get on with it, the sooner you start, the sooner you‘ll finish” he said and then turned his attention back to his screen, a signal that he was done with me.

I walked back to my desk and felt like crying. No, he is not going to get the better of me, I can do this. I straightened up and began working my way through the report.

“Rowena, are you ready to go, we’re going out for lunch today remember” said Kayla on the other end of the phone.

“I’m sorry Kay, but I’ve just got too much to do, I’m going to have to work through lunch today” I said

“The boss from hell giving you a hard time again eh?” she asked

“You got that right” I replied. It was well known by now that Nick Carter was not to be argued with, you did it his way or you were out the door. He’d already scared off a number of office girls, he was not going to get the better of me. I could handle him and he knew it.

“Maybe he’s such a dick because he’s got a small dick” Kayla laughed.

I had to laugh with her “probably”, I agreed.

We carried on laughing until I heard Nick’s door open and he came striding towards me.

“Got to go, I’ll talk to you later” I said and quickly hung up.

“Miss Bloom, do I have to remind you that I pay you to work and not sit here gossiping all day with friends?” he almost growled at me.

“I was just cancelling my lunch plans, seeing as I’m going to be here working on this report instead” I replied, not letting him get to me.

“Don’t let me catch you making personal calls on my time again” he said and turned and walked back into his office, slamming the door behind him.

I carried on working like crazy for the rest of the day; luckily I had some goodies in the drawer of my desk, so made do with that for lunch. By 6.30, I’d finally finished the report, printed it out and handed it to him, as well as emailing him a copy of it too.

“If there is nothing else, I’ll be off now” I said to him and turned and walked out of his office before he had chance to say a word.

I switched off my computer, tidied my desk and gathered my bag and jacket. It was 6.45 and I was starving, I’d only had chocolate to eat all day and was in need of a decent meal and a few drinks.

End Notes:
Hope you enjoy, please let me know!
Chapter 2 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
This chapter is in Nick's POV.

Chapter 2

Nick’s POV

This merger of the two companies was more than just good for business; it was going to be good for me. I needed this new beginning more than anything. It was going to be a chance to put the past behind me and start afresh, be a stronger person and not let anything drag me down.

About eighteen months before this merger, I thought I had everything a man could ever want. I was a partner in a highly successful company, had a beautiful wife, a lovely home and an expensive sports car. But that all changed. I know I tend to be a bit of a workaholic, but only because I want to be the best at what I do, to create something to be proud of, damn it, why couldn’t she have seen that? She knew what I was like before she even got involved with me, so why would she expect me to change? Of course, she was the perfect girlfriend and wife in the beginning, very understanding and fun to be around. But that all changed a year into the marriage. It was almost as if she changed into a different person. She became a nagging wife, always onto me about the hours I put in and not taking her out enough. But I couldn’t give her what she wanted, it just wasn’t possible. I couldn’t just drop my business obligations to take her away at the drop of a hat, it didn’t work like that. I tried to make it up to her by buying her things, presuming that all women liked that kind of thing. It only seemed to make things worse, and we had some explosive arguments.

Then one day, I decided to be spontaneous. I cancelled all of my meetings for the afternoon and drove home, thinking we could do something together as I knew she had already finished work for the day. Since getting married she’d gone part time in work.

As I pulled into our driveway, there was an unfamiliar car parked up, but I thought nothing of it as she often had friends over whilst I was in work.

I walked into the house and headed into the kitchen first, as they were usually sat in there chatting. No sign of them. I looked in the conservatory, then the living room, but still no sign of anyone.

“Gabby? You in?” I called out and got no answer, but heard banging from upstairs, like something heavy had fallen on the floor.

I took the stairs two at a time, thinking something must’ve happened “Gabby, you OK?”

Oh yes, something had happened. I walked in the direction of the hurried voices coming from our bedroom, and pushed the door open. I gasped in complete and utter shock, for there, in the middle of the room was my wife, hurriedly trying to get dressed, her face red from obvious physical exertion. Across the other side of the room, gathering up his clothes, was none other than my friend and work colleague, Joey McIntyre.

“You fucking bastard” I said, flying at him, ready to rip his head off. How could he do this to me? How could she do this to me?

“Nick…please…calm down. I’m sorry OK” he pleaded as I drew my fist back ready to punch him.

“You want me to calm down?” I sneered “how the fuck am I going to do that Joey? I’ve just caught you and my wife, and you expect me to be calm?”

“Nick” Gabby pleaded “please, let’s just talk about this”

“Fuck you Gabby. Fuck the pair of you. I’m going out and when I get back, I expect you to be gone. I don’t give a fuck where you go or what you do, that is no longer my concern. Just get the fuck out of my life” I seethed. I was so angry, devastated and confused; I knew that if I said or did anything else, I would instantly regret it.

“Nick…” she started, but I just walked away, slamming the door behind me on my way out.

I got in my car and just drove for miles before pulling off into a quiet road, bringing the car to a stop and then just crying my eyes out. Not normally the kind of person to cry and show my emotions, it felt cathartic to let it all out. I vowed to myself to never let a woman get to me like that again.

After that day, I decided to be a different man. I wasn’t taking any shit from anyone anymore. Who needed love and marriage? Who needed to be nice to get anywhere in life? Not me! I could still do my job in a professional manner without all the Mr Nice Guy bullshit, so that’s what I did. I divorced Gabby, letting her keep the house because I couldn’t bear to go back there, despite telling her to get the fuck out on that fateful day. I bought myself a luxury apartment with a fantastic view, and I made the most of being single.

Everything was completely under my control, and I liked it that way. I didn’t care if I was perceived as an arrogant bastard; I got what I wanted, when I wanted it. That was until Rowena Bloom walked into my office. From the moment I set eyes on her, I knew I was fucked.

End Notes:
Hope you liked! Sorry that was such a short chapter.
Chapter 3 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 3

Rowena’s POV

It was finally the end of the week, thank god! How I was managing to keep my cool with the boss was beyond me, he was just so infuriating. I was beginning to hate him with a passion and be in awe of him all at the same time. There was no doubt about it, he was good at his job and brought in a lot of revenue to the company, he was even very charming with the clients and prospective clients. But it was the way he treated everyone else that bothered me, he could be so…I don’t know…not rude exactly, but not very pleasant either. Towards me though, he showed his true asshole colours! I don’t know what I’d done to warrant the way he treated me, but he wasn’t going to get the better of me, I wasn’t the type of person to buckle under pressure.

I was just getting ready to leave when Mr Carter called me into his office, telling me to bring him a coffee on the way in as he was going to be working late.

“What did his last slave die of” I muttered under my breath. Surely he could see I was finished for the day and it’s not like I got paid any overtime. Was he trying to work me into the ground or something? All week, I’d not got out of the office before 6.30, sometimes being here as late at 8pm. Didn’t he have a life out of work? He must have, judging by the amount of girls who flung themselves at him at every opportunity. Obviously I didn’t find this out from the man himself, but office gossip got around and it couldn’t all be rumour, could it? Not that I cared. Not one little bit. He could sleep with the whole office (apart from me) for all I cared!

“Put it down there” he indicated for me to put the cup of coffee on his desk, he didn‘t even have the good manners to thank me. Asshole. But my god he was a stunner of a man. His blonde hair was slightly dishevelled and sticking up where he’d obviously been running his hands through it throughout the day, his tie was loosened and the top button of his shirt was undone. The light stubble on his face just added to the whole sexy, rough and ready look and I bit down on my bottom lip at the sight of him. Stay calm and focused Rowena, remember, he’s your boss and also a complete dick, don‘t go getting any stupid ideas.

I walked over to the desk and put the cup down, but unfortunately I didn’t notice the pen which was in the way and the cup tipped over, spilling hot coffee everywhere and dripping down onto his expensive trousers.

“Fuck” he exclaimed and stood up, the coffee seeping into the material.

“I’m so sorry” I began apologising and ran to my desk to grab some tissues from the box I kept there. I rushed back and began mopping up the coffee from the desk and then moved towards him. I knew he’d be furious if the coffee stained those designer trousers, so I began dabbing at them to try and soak up as much of the spill as I could.

“Leave it” he said gruffly and grabbed my wrist, a look of pure hatred in his eyes. His grip on me didn’t loosen and he continued to stare into my eyes. All of a sudden, I felt a jolt of lust rush through my body as his eyes looked deep into mine. Before I knew what was happening, he brought his mouth down hard onto mine, kissing me aggressively, the stubble on his face scratching me. Oh my fucking god, please don’t stop.

I knew I should pull away from him, maybe even slap him and tell him to get the hell away from me, but I just couldn’t. My mind took a backseat and let my traitorous body lead the way.

He backed me towards his desk, all the while, never taking his mouth away from mine, as his hands ran over my body. When my thighs came into contact with the solid oak desk, I fell backwards onto it and he pushed all of the paperwork out of the way and onto the floor.

“I want you, right here on this desk” he said breathlessly, breaking away from the kiss for a moment, then kissed me again whilst one hand slowly made it’s way up my leg and crept under the lace of my underwear.

Oh my fucking god, why does this feel so damn good when it’s oh so wrong?

I didn’t care that I was lying over the desk, I wanted him and I could feel just how much he wanted me. But then, just before anything else could happen, the phone rang. I thought he might’ve ignored it, but with the coolness of a cucumber, he reached across his desk and picked up the phone.

“Nick Carter” he answered. A few seconds later, he covered the mouth piece of the phone “that’ll be all Miss Bloom, you can go now”.

I slid off the desk and straightened my clothes; my cheeks were burning with embarrassment. He completely blanked me; it was as if the little tryst we’d just shared had never happened. I felt so…used.

Well, two can play that game!

End Notes:
Oooo he's an asshole isn't he!! Hope you like bad boy AU Nick :)
Chapter 4 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 4

As I made my way home, I could hardly believe what had just occurred between myself and Nick. How could I have let it happen? Why did I respond with as much enthusiasm as I did? And how was I going to face him on Monday? I’ll pretend it never happened!

That evening, after a long hot shower, I put my favourite comfy joggers on and settled down in front of the TV with a bottle of wine and a chick flick, Bridget Jones‘s Diary. It didn’t escape my notice that Nick Carter was kind of a cross between Colin Firth and Hugh Grant’s characters in the film I was watching. Stuck up, arrogant and set in his ways like Mark Darcy and a womanizing, confident, sexy beast like Daniel Cleaver. Only Nick was better looking and more of an asshole than the two of them put together.

That night I dreamt of him. It was the most vividly real dream I’d ever had. He was dirty talking in my ear whilst fucking me hard over his desk, his fingers knotted in my hair, pulling it roughly, whilst his other hand was holding my hip. Over and over he kept saying “you like that don’t you” and all I could do was beg him for more. I woke up tangled in my bedding and sweating.

“Fuck” I muttered as I pulled the covers back and stumbled over to the bathroom. I needed a cool shower, maybe that would take my mind off him. It was only 5am but I knew I’d never be able to get back to sleep after that dream. Typical when it was the weekend and I could’ve done with a lie in!

After my nice long shower, I decided to tidy up the place; it was a bit of a pig-sty as I’d hardly had chance for housework during the week. It was surprising how long it took, but I was grateful for the distraction, it took my mind off work and more importantly, Nick Carter.

Just as I was putting another load of washing in the washing machine, my phone began to ring, looking at the screen, I saw that it was Kayla and groaned. I’d completely forgot that we were going out that night with all the girls. But maybe it was just what I needed.

“What’re you wearing tonight? I‘m wearing that red dress…you know the one I showed you the other day” Kayla enthused “remember, we’re going to that new club in town”

“Oh yeah. I’m not sure what I’ll wear yet Kay, I’ll have to go through my wardrobe” I said. I had a huge wardrobe with tons of clothes. That was one of the perks of working in the job I was in, it paid very well and we also got good discounts at many high street stores and also some designer labels.

“You still coming over here for a few drinks first?” she asked “everyone will be here about eight”

“Yeah, I’ll be over then” I replied and we hung up a few minutes later.

For a moment I wondered whether I should tell them what had happened, but then I decided against it, they’d think I was off my rocker, they all knew how much I hated the boss. No, I was keeping this all to myself; it was my dirty little secret.

A hot shower, a new outfit fit for partying and a few drinks later and I’d almost forgotten about Nick Carter. We were all in Kayla’s apartment which was conveniently located in the city centre.

“Wow Kay, this place is looking fantastic” Carly said, casting her eyes around the place.

“Thanks” Kayla replied “I think Richard and I have finally got it how we want it”. Kayla’s fiancé, Richard Armitage, was an architect and so had designed the place himself. Kayla had added her flare for interior design in the décor of the place. You could see the strong, bold design which was so obviously Richard mixed with the soft feminine touches which were so Kayla.

“So Rowena, how’s that gorgeous asshole of a boss treating you these days?” asked Louise. Even though she didn’t work with us, she knew all about the boss from hell, he was usually a major talking point.

“Still an asshole” I laughed “and still gorgeous”.

“Tell her what he did the other day Row” Kayla said and turned to me.

I felt my face flush slightly as I remembered exactly what he’d done to me. But then I put that thought to one side and began telling one of the many stories of his appalling behaviour.

“You mean he actually made you change the document because he wanted to use a different word? Just one word? He made you late for your date for that? What a bastard!” she said.

“I know” I replied “but at least my date waited for me, even though it was a complete disaster”

“Oh yeah, wasn’t he the one who kept getting calls from his Mom all evening?” laughed Carly.

“Yeah” I laughed along with her.

We left Kayla’s apartment a couple of hours later, feeling a little merry after the drinks, and headed for the new club which had just opened in town. There was a bit of a queue to get in, but Carly knew one of the doormen so we were let straight in. It was jam packed and the music was fantastic, the place was really something special inside.

“Shots?” asked Kayla as we stood at the bar.

I couldn’t resist. It was like a tradition, we always had a couple of shots when we went out. I knocked back the sambuca in one go and tried not to make a face, I failed miserably!

“Oh my fucking god, look who’s over there” said Amy, one of the other girls we worked with.

I turned my attention to where her eyes were looking and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I opened and closed my mouth, unable to say anything.

“Well, well, well…it’s the gorgeous asshole himself” said Kayla “that man is such a whore”

He was leaning against the bar with a bottle of Bud in his hand, looking sexy as hell. He was wearing dark jeans and a dark shirt, it could’ve been black but it was hard to tell. He had just the right amount of stubble on his jaw and his hair was begging to have fingers run through it. Then I noticed the skanky looking girl who was stood with him. Huge fake boobs, bleached blonde hair, a fake tan (making her look like an umpa lumpa from Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory) and barely wearing any clothes, I figured that would be his type, the prick! But evidently, she wasn’t what he was after at all. After chatting to her for a few minutes, she walked away looking a little gutted. I smiled to myself, but couldn’t for the life of me think why. It’s not like I wanted him.

He saw me at that moment and shot me a cold glance, before turning and walking away, not even having the decency to even acknowledge that he knew me. Asshole!

“I see he’s his usual charming self then” Kayla laughed.

“Arrogant tosser” I said.

I knew then that work on Monday was going to be OK; I’d make sure of it. There was no way that man was going to get the better of me. I’d just go in there with my head held high and pretend it never happened. I could be a bitch to match his bastardly ways. I even looked forward to it.

End Notes:
Nick's POV coming next.
Chapter 5 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Sorry if this chapter is a little repetitive, but I wanted to add Nick's POV.

Chapter 5

Nick’s POV

The tease! Every day she came into the office wearing something which showed off her sexy curves and that Friday was no exception. Had she been sent to deliberately torture me? It seemed that way.

Even though I knew I could be a bit of an arrogant asshole at times, it didn’t usually stop the women from practically falling at my feet. Ever since my divorce, I hadn’t found myself lacking in female company and had had my fair share of one nighters (which was all I wanted). In fact, I was 100% sure I could have my pick from the office, not that I would ever do that though, I’d never believed in mixing business with pleasure. But the fact that Rowena didn’t seem to find me attractive or try to flirt with me in any way…well, it just made me want her more. Not that I’d ever do anything about it. I had my set of rules to live by, which included no fucking the staff.

But when she came into the office wearing that short black skirt and that little almost see through blouse, with her reddish brown hair tumbling around her shoulders, I instantly felt myself growing hard and had to slam my office door (an indication to stay out) and think of non-sexual things, like that email I had to finish writing.

What the fuck was wrong with me? What was it about Rowena Bloom that made me feel like a fifteen year old schoolboy who‘d just discovered porn? Could it be the way she tempted me with the sway of her hips as she walked to her desk, her teasing little skirts, her glossy mane of hair and her beautiful smile?

She was a fucking witch sent to ruin me.

I avoided her as much as possible and when I did have to make conversation, I was a complete asshole. But I couldn’t help it. I hated her for what she was doing to me. No woman was going to penetrate the wall I’d built around myself.

Then when I called her into my office at the end of the day and she spilt that coffee, well, I felt my resolve slipping. Seeing her bent over wiping up the spillage, I couldn’t help but glance down her top. Fuck me; I’d give anything for just a touch. I mentally slapped myself for being so weak, but then she began rubbing my trousers and that was it. I forcefully grabbed her wrist and told her to leave it, for fucks sake, I was hard as rock and I didn’t want her seeing me in this weakened state. I didn’t want her to know she had this power over my body.

I stared hatefully into her eyes, but also felt a jolt of lust course through me. Had she felt it too? She wasn’t trying to pull away from my firm grip, and before I knew it, I was kissing her. I brought my mouth down hard onto hers and savoured the taste of her. Fuck; I wanted more, so much more. She responded to my kiss just as aggressively, she obviously liked this just as much as me, she had to be, she wasn’t pushing me away.

I backed her up against my desk, clearing some paperwork out of the way. I told her I wanted her, and I meant it, I wanted to fuck her into next week. That’s how desperate for this woman I was. It was all I ever seemed to think about and I thought that if I could fuck her just once, get it out of my system, that I’d be cured of this unhealthy obsession.

I ran my hand up her skirt and nearly went crazy when I reached her little lacy knickers. But then the phone rang and I suddenly came to my senses. What on earth had I been thinking? This was my office and anyone could’ve walked in. The phone call was important, too important to be distracted by girls in lacy underwear, so I quickly dismissed her and got down to business. I was back in control of my life once again, just how I should be.

That night, I dreamt of her, I was banging her over my desk and she was begging me for more. I woke up and had to take an ice cold shower to cool off. I hated her for the way she was making me feel, the way she was invading even my dreams now.

To make matters worse, I saw her out with her friends in that new club on the Saturday night. She looked drop dead gorgeous and completely unavailable to me. I watched her from across the bar, she couldn’t see me, but I watched her every move and saw all those leeches trying to get her attention. Thank fuck she didn’t seem interested.

Why am I even getting angry and jealous, I hate the woman, she hates me too.

Some skanky little whore tried to get my interest by grinding her skinny little ass into my crotch, but I wasn’t even the slightest bit tempted. I told her I had a girlfriend to get rid of her and that worked. Then I caught Rowena glaring at me, so I gave her a hateful look and turned away. I wasn’t proud of myself for that, but felt it was better that way.

Hopefully, Monday would be business as usual.

End Notes:
Back to Rowena next! Thanks for reading :)
Chapter 6 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 6

Rowena’s POV

Monday morning arrived all too quickly and I dressed carefully, wanting to show Nick Carter my figure to its full advantage and let him know that it was something he would never touch again…ever. That would teach him for not even acknowledging me in that club on Saturday night. How very dare he look away without as much as a smile or a hello. Was I really that beneath him?

So, wearing one of my new designer outfits (which by the way I‘d got a huge discount on), complete with killer heels, I surveyed myself in the mirror and nodded my head in appreciation before leaving for work. It’s not that I was vain or anything, but I knew I’d turn a couple of heads in these clothes.

I had a few admiring looks as I walked in to Templar House that morning, and I smiled to myself. I got into the elevator and noticed that he was in there also. Great, just what I need first thing in the morning! He didn’t meet my gaze and I quickly looked away, like he wasn’t even there. I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of blanking me again.

“Hold the elevator” called out one of the guys who worked on the floor above and he came charging in, knocking me back so that I was pushed into Mr Carter.

“I’m so sorry” said the guy, whose name I couldn’t recollect.

“It’s OK” I replied.

Suddenly an idea came to my mind and I had to hold the evil cackle in that was dying to come out of me. As I was already up close to him now, and could feel his body against mine, I decided to play on it. I dropped my bag, and slowly bent down to pick it up, pushing myself further into him as I did so. I felt him harden as my body made contact with his before picking up my bag and slowly straightening back up again.

“Clumsy me” I said sweetly and the doors pinged open on our floor. I casually walked out and left him there, his arousal so obvious that he’d have to stay in the dimly lit elevator for a minute or two before he could show his face in the office. I gave him a quick smirk before the elevator doors closed and then hurried to my desk, wondering what the rest of the day had in store for me.

Nick walked in a few minutes later and went straight to his office, slamming the door after him.

“Someone got out of bed on the wrong side” whispered Jess, one of the other girls in the office and we giggled as quietly as we could.

Just then, my desk phone rang, so I slid my chair back over to answer it.

“When you are quite finished gossiping, I’d like to see you in my office” barked Nick.

“Yes Mr Carter, right away. Would you like a coffee?” I asked brightly.

“Yes, and be careful not to spill it all over me today” he replied gruffly and hung up the phone.

I made his coffee and walked over to his office, knocking before entering and then walking in.

“I’d like this report done by lunch time” he said sliding a folder over towards me.

“Yes Mr Carter” I replied, as polite as can be, acting like nothing had gone on between the pair of us in this very office only a few days ago…or in the club or the elevator.

“And then can you set up a meeting for tomorrow morning with Howie Dorough, get my dry cleaning, re-type this…” he carried on with a whole list of things for me to do which would obviously take up all day.

I walked out of his office, swinging my hips slightly as I did so and got on with my work. The day passed by quickly, as I was completely snowed under with work and I was beginning to wonder if I’d have an opportunity for any further revenge. I also wondered if he’d try to pay me back for the little elevator thing I’d pulled this morning. But then I supposed he had paid me back, he’d given me enough work to ensure that I had to work through lunch again.

By late afternoon, I was starving and really needed a cup of coffee, so I headed over to the small kitchen which was tucked away down the corridor. As I bent down to get the milk out of the fridge, I felt someone behind me and froze. I instantly knew it was him, I could tell by the delicious smell of him.

“Enjoyed yourself this morning in the elevator?” he whispered “now it’s my turn you little cock tease”.

I stood back up, my back to him, trying to act like he wasn’t there. I was not going to let him get to me again. No fucking way.

Next thing I knew, I felt his breath, warm against my skin and then the feel of his full sensuous lips as they trailed kisses down my neck. “Fuck” I groaned as my body betrayed me once again and began to respond to his touch, I was on fire for this man and wanted nothing more than to feel his body, naked against mine.

Then, calm as can be, he stopped what he was doing, turned and walked out, leaving me frustrated as can be. Asshole.

I adjusted my clothes and took a few deep breaths to bring my breathing back to normal and then carried on what I’d been doing before his presence.

I walked back to my desk and noticed that he’d left his office door open, as I passed; I saw him smirking and instantly knew I’d have to do something to get back at him.

Hmm, I wonder if this will get his attention.

“It’s so hot today; does anyone want an ice cream from the shop?” I asked around the office and then grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I returned a few minutes later with various lollies and ice creams for my colleagues, and then I sat down at my desk with a Twister ice lolly and began licking it up and down and swirling my tongue around the top, right there in Nick’s full view. His eyes went wide and he licked his lips, so I carried on savouring my lolly and ignored him. He got up from his chair and slammed his office door closed and I smiled to myself, I’d obviously got to him. I didn’t see him the rest of the afternoon and managed to leave on time that day.

End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed!
Chapter 7 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
This chapter contains a sex scene, nothing too graphic, but just letting you know!

Chapter 7

Nick was away at a conference with all of the other executives for the next couple of days, so I was glad of the break. All of this sexual tension in the workplace was getting a little heavy.

I knew I still hated his guts, but I also knew that I longed for him with every fibre of my being. He was like a magnet and I was feeling the pull towards him getting stronger every day. Damn him. I imagined his stubble grazing my neck, his lips trailing hot kisses along my jaw. I imagined myself sprawled out beneath his incredibly sexy body whilst he made love to me. Oh god, even his absence wasn’t helping! I couldn’t get him out of my head. I needed help. It wasn’t natural to fantasise about a man who was a complete and utter bastard, especially when said bastard was also my boss.

“Hey Rowena, we ought to make the most of your asshole boss being away” said Kayla at lunchtime, snapping me out of my daydream “let’s go out to Casa Mia for lunch”

“OK, just let me finish this up as he’s expecting me to email it to him, and then we’ll go” I replied.

“See you in a few minutes then” she said and we hung up.

Half an hour later, me, Kayla, Jess and Amy were making our way out of the building for a nice long lunch. We deserved it after all!

“So, how’s it been without the boss around?” asked Kayla “I hear he’s giving the other execs a hard time instead”

“Really?” I asked. So it wasn’t just me he was an asshole to.

“Oh yeah, Brian said he’s so worked up he thinks he might explode!” she laughed.

“God, he really is a nasty piece of work isn’t he?” commented Jess “I’m surprised he manages to bring any business in at all”

“Well, he knows when to be charming I suppose” I said in his defence “he just doesn’t show that side to us mere mortals”

“He brings in a lot of business according to Brian” Kayla nodded, agreeing with me “he‘s actually very good at his job“.

We turned the conversation to something else then. I no longer wanted to discuss him for fear of slipping up and admitting my dirty little obsession. So instead, we ate delicious Italian food, washed down with a glass of wine and then headed back to work. We’d been gone longer than we’d anticipated and even though I knew he wasn’t there, I still felt as if he was watching my every move.

I was right to feel like that.

We got back at about 3.30pm after a two hour lunch and the other girls all happily went back to their floors, saying we’d have to do this again soon. I walked into the office and found him leaning against my desk with his arms crossed; looking what can only be described as furious.

“What time do you call this?” he sneered “the receptionist said you went for lunch at 1.30. Since when do I pay you to take two hour lunches?”

“I’m sorry Mr Carter, but I’ve worked through so many of my lunch breaks recently that I feel entitled to the extended lunch break every once in a while” I explained, not letting him intimidate me.

“Humph” he fumed “I think we need to go through a few things Miss Bloom. My office, right now”

He turned and walked towards his office and I followed. Oh shit, he’s actually going to fire me, for what? For taking a lunch I’m entitled to!

“Close the door Miss Bloom” he said. He hadn’t taken a move towards his chair and was standing with his back to me.

“Mr Carter…” I began. But before I could say another word, he swung around and his mouth came crashing down on mine, his hands grabbing my ass and pulling me into him so that his crotch was pressed into me. I felt my arms take on a life of their own as they came up and snaked around his neck, pulling him down into me even closer. He backed me into his desk and lifted me up so that I was sat on there, my legs wrapping around his waist. My skirt was bunched up around my hips now and his crotch was pressed into my very core, I wanted him more than I wanted air to breathe.

He pulled away from our kiss and looked at me with lust filled eyes before sliding his hands up my legs and forcefully pulling my knickers off. He actually ripped them from my body! His fingers began exploring and I forgot where I was as I threw my head back in ecstasy. But I wanted more than that, I wanted to feel him inside me. I undid his trousers, my hands trembling the whole time, and pushed them and his boxers down his legs.

He grabbed hold of my hips and with one thrust, filled me completely. “I’m going to fuck you senseless, until you forget your name” he murmured, and all I could think was bring it on.

After what had been possibly the best sex ever (probably made better by the danger of being caught), we quickly dressed. He didn’t say a word and neither did I, what could I say? I was hardly going to tell him it was fantastic, and inflate his ego even more.

“I have a meeting to get to” he said, looking at his expensive watch, and with that he was gone, leaving me standing there like a spare part. The fucking bastard!!!

End Notes:
Hope you liked! I toned it down a lot because I felt too self conscious to post that kind of thing, lol.
Chapter 8 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
This chapter is Nick's POV and contains slightly graphic sex scenes.

Chapter 8

Nick’s POV

I was really looking forward to this two day conference, not only would it be good for business, but also good for me to put some distance between myself and Rowena Bloom. They do say ‘out of sight, out of mind’ don’t they? And I really, really wanted her off my mind. I couldn’t explain this attraction, it’s not even as if she was my usual ‘type’, if I have a type that is. But something about her was appealing to me.

No, this was just what I needed. Back to doing what I do best with no distractions. I’d never let my personal interfere with work in the past and I didn’t plan on doing it now. I’m supposed to be known for my business expertise and my professionalism, so I’m not about to lose it now. It’s not like she meant anything to me. Don’t be ridiculous Carter, of course not; she’s just some bitch who you need to bang to get out of your system.

We spent all day in meetings and I managed to bring out the old Carter charm to dazzle some prospective clients into choosing us. There were celebrations all round that night, starting with an exquisite meal, washed down with a shit load of Jack Daniels. The clients then suggested we move on to a club, who knew weekdays could be so good for nightlife? The place was jam packed and full of hot girls.

I completely let myself forger her, I was enjoying the moment when this hot little blonde came over to me and we got talking. You can do this Nick, bang this chick and forget all about that bitch Rowena. Blondie made it obvious that sex was on the cards, especially after the way she was grinding herself into my crotch on the dance floor. So after a bit a pointless chit chat and a few more drinks, I asked her back to my hotel.

What happened next left me mortified. I just wanted to ground to open up and swallow me.

We went back to my hotel and began kissing, but something wasn’t right, I wasn’t feeling it. Maybe I just need to get her naked and then my dick will spring into action. She began unbuttoning my shirt and kissing my chest, but I still couldn’t feel the ‘enthusiasm’ shall we say. But I carried on, I thought maybe once I started getting her clothes off and feeling her naked flesh against mine, that my cock would suddenly obey and jump to attention. The fucker didn’t!

“I’m sorry, it’s not happening” I said to the blonde and shrugged, although I didn’t sound very sincere. To be honest, I’d lost all interest in her and just wanted her to go.

“Bastard” she said as she hurriedly re-dressed.

“What can I say, you don’t do it for me sweetheart” I said in my most intimidating voice. I got a slap in the face that I no doubt deserved, and she was out the door in a flash.

Fucking Rowena Bloom, she’s put a curse on me, the fucking witch!

I couldn’t wait to get back to the office. I needed to see her. Even if I couldn’t touch her, I just needed to feel her presence. Who was I kidding, I wanted to fuck her senseless and get her out of my system once and for all.

One fuck, that’s all I need and then I can forget her.

When I did get back to the office though, she wasn’t there. The receptionist admitted that she’d gone for lunch at 1.30 and it was now three o’clock, this just infuriated me. I’d been gone for what…two days. Two fucking days and she was slacking off and taking advantage. Where the fuck was she?

I went into my office and tried to busy myself with work, check my messages etc, but I kept looking at the clock. At 3.30 I heard the elevator doors open and the sound of laughter wafting in, so I quickly got up from my chair and went out to stand waiting for her. I loved the sound of her laughter and wondered if I could ever be the one to make her laugh. You hate her remember, plus you’re sworn off love, dickhead! I folded my arms across my chest in annoyance instead.

“What time do you call this” I said to her, and I made her aware that I knew she’d been gone two hours.

She actually had the nerve to tell me she was entitled to the odd long lunch break. Oh, she was a feisty one! I wondered if she’d be as feisty in the sack. I told her I wanted to see her in my office and then turned to lead the way. I told her to close the door, not daring to turn and look at her for fear of ravishing her body there in front of everyone.

She closed the door and began to speak, I didn’t have a clue what she was trying to say, all I knew was I wanted her before I exploded. So I grabbed her roughly and began kissing her, pulling her sexy little ass towards my body, wanting her to feel just what it was she was doing to me. She didn’t pull away; in fact, she grabbed me around the neck and dragged me closer to her. I backed her into my desk, the place I’d fantasized about fucking her over and over, and she wrapped her long legs around my waist.

This was no fucking good. Our clothes were in the way of something I wanted, and when I want something, I damn well get it! Those little knickers had to go, so I ripped them off and flung them on the floor like a rag, I had no patience for sliding them off her gently. I slid two fingers into her and watched her face as she moaned in ecstasy. Yeah, that’s right baby! She wanted this just as much as I did, and she was going to get it. I felt her tugging on my trousers and whilst she busied herself with that, I removed my fingers and brought them to my mouth, tasting her. Her hand went around my cock and I thought I’d die if I didn’t fuck her right this instant.

I could control myself no longer, so I grabbed her hips and pushed her over the desk, whispering in her ear that I was going to fuck her senseless and until she forgot her own name. She seemed to like that. Then I thrust into her with one easy movement and realized that I was now finally in heaven. It was like we were made to fit together, the way our bodies connected and reacted to one another, it was just un-fucking-believable. I fucked her hard and fast, teasing her by pulling all the way out, just to slam back into her again, making her grab the desk even harder and groan. She managed a few incoherent mumblings and I could feel her begin to tremble and tighten around my cock. This tipped me over the edge and I needed to release.

“Oh fuck…you feel soooo fucking good” I panted. A couple more thrusts and I came deep inside her, grunting and thrusting until my own orgasm had completely played itself out.

I wanted to wrap my arms around her, to kiss her tenderly, but instead I froze. What was she thinking right now? Would she think this now meant we were together…as a couple? I wasn’t ready for that kind of thing. I didn’t know if I ever would be. Plus I was her boss, she was my employee. It may have been the best sex I’d ever had, but I was all confused and reacted in the only way I knew how.

I pulled away from her, got dressed without saying a word, and then told her I had a meeting to go to. I know, I’m a bastard.

End Notes:
Hope you liked, even though he is a complete bastard!
Chapter 9 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Back to Rowena's POV for this one.

Chapter 9

He left the room, leaving me standing there gawping after him! I couldn’t believe it, he actually walked out! I soon collected myself though and raced off to the toilets to fix myself up. Luckily I didn’t encounter anyone on the way there, I didn’t want to have to explain my flushed appearance.

“Oh god” I sighed into the mirror as I splashed cold water all over my face to get rid of that ‘just fucked’ look. Had I really just had sex with my boss? And had he really just walked out on me? I knew I should feel used, but honestly, I didn’t. I’d wanted it just as much as he had, maybe more. No, I couldn’t bring myself to regret what we’d done. It just left me wondering if there would ever be a repeat performance.

Had he regretted it though? Was that why he’d raced out of the office like a bat out of hell? No, being his assistant, I knew that he actually did have a meeting to go to and I’d be surprised if he got to it on time. I even laughed when I pictured how flustered he’d look, and I wondered whether he looked as dishevelled as I was. God, he is a sexy bastard.

I walked back to my desk and got on with my work, only to be interrupted by a very irate sounding Nick on the phone a few minutes later.

“Miss Bloom, I seem to have neglected to bring the Donald file to the meeting. Any chance you can get over here right now with it? Seventh floor meeting room a.s.a.p.” he barked into the phone.

“Yes, certainly Mr Carter. I’ll be right there” I said and without another word he hung up. Fuck you Nick Carter; you are a fucking asshole after all!

I quickly located the file he so urgently needed and made my way there. I knocked before entering and quickly handed him the file. Our fingers grazed against each other as the file left my grasp and I felt the jolt of electricity pass between us. He had to have felt it too because our eyes met and held for a few moments before pulling away.

“Thank you” he said and gave me a smile. Maybe he wasn’t such an asshole after all.

“No worries” I replied and left the room, floating back to my desk as if on a cloud. Oh god, this man knew exactly how to play with my emotions. One minute I hated the bastard, the next minute I wanted nothing more than to be held in his arms. I was fighting a losing battle and I knew it.

I tried to forget about him for the rest of the day and luckily, he didn’t return to the office before I left, so there was no awkwardness. I mean, what do you say to each other after the way we’d carried on in his office?

I went home that evening and it all came back to me, the way his body felt against mine, the way he’d made my legs weak, the way he’d held me close and placed soft kisses down my neck. Oh god! The man was my boss for fuck’s sake. How could I ever face him again after that?

I needed to talk to someone, but who? My friends all knew what I thought of him, they’d heard the countless stories of his bastardly ways. They’d think I had a screw loose for fucking him in his office. I felt so alone. Suck it up Row; you’ve just got to deal with it yourself.

I contemplated posting my problems anonymously online, on one of those message boards that seemed to cater for everything you could possibly want to talk about (and things you didn’t want to talk about!), but chickened out. It would be just my luck to be found out and then the whole world would know that I, Rowena Bloom, fucked the boss in his office. No…better to keep it to myself.

~*~

The following morning, I had a shower and dressed and tried to tell myself that everything would be OK. I was a strong woman and could handle myself. Nick Carter was not going to get to me and affect me in the way he was. I decided to try and play it cool, act like it meant nothing to me, or that if didn’t even happen.

“Oh god” I muttered to myself when I saw him waiting at the lift. I decided to take the stairs instead, plus it was an excuse to get a little exercise.

I walked through the door to the stairs and began the climb, wondering why no one else seemed to use the stairs.

“Hey, Rowena, wait” called his familiar voice from below.

He called me Rowena…not Miss Bloom!

I spun around to face him and waited while he raced up the stairs, two at a time to reach me.

“Yes?” I asked

“Look…about yesterday” he began “we need to talk”

“It’s OK, no need to explain anything. Things got a little out of hand, we both got carried away. No harm done” I said, although really, my heart was pounding out of my chest. I ducked my head down a little to hide the blush that I’d felt creeping up my face, then without giving him a chance to say a word, I turned to carry on up the stairs. I couldn’t get away fast enough and my foot missed the step, bringing me down onto my knees. He was there in an instant helping me up.

“Are you OK?” he asked as he held me against his firm body.

“Fine” I stuttered and pulled away from him. I couldn’t get too comfortable in his arms, although I would’ve liked to.

“You sure?” he queried.

“I told you I was” I replied and carried on up the stairs.

I sat down at my desk and Nick walked into his office a few minutes later, giving me a quick glance before he closed his door. My heart leapt in my chest; maybe he did like me after all. I switched on my computer and checked all of my emails for anything of importance, forwarding on to Nick the items that needed his urgent attention. A pile of work had mysteriously appeared on my desk overnight and I decided I needed a nice cup of coffee before tackling that lot. I supposed that I should take a coffee in for Nick too, he’d probably be waiting for it like usual. Why he couldn’t get off his backside and get his own was beyond me. It’s not like he doesn’t know where the kitchen is or how to use a kettle, but it was just one of those things that had become part of my job description.

Oh god, I’d have to face him again. I leaned against the counter whilst I waited for the kettle to boil and carried on with my daydream. I was imagining him holding me in his arms, like he had done earlier, but in my daydream so much more happened.

“You OK Rowena? You look as if you’re on another planet” asked Kayla, appearing as if from nowhere.

“Hmm…oh hi Kay. Yeah, I’m fine, just got a few things on my mind, that’s all. How are you? How’s the wedding planning coming along?” I asked.

She instantly broke out into a smile at the thought of her fiancé “we’ve decided to get married in England, you know, because his family all live there. Anyway, there‘s this cute little church…”

We stood there for a few minutes with me “oo-ing” and “ah-ing” in all the right places whilst Kayla animatedly talked about her wedding plans.

“Aw Kay, that sounds perfect. But you’re not getting out of having a girl’s night out before you go!” we both laughed and agreed that a bachelorette party was on the cards before the wedding in England.

“How’s that arrogant bastard boss treating you? I saw him the other day and he looked furious, as if he was about to burst a blood vessel or something. I don’t know how you stand it. If my boss treated me like that I’m not sure I’d still be working for him” she said and shook her head.

“He’s not so bad” I said, hoping my voice sounded even and didn’t give anything away.

“Rowena…he’s an asshole” she said, astonished that I was defending his behaviour “but I do admire your patience and the way you manage to keep him under control”

If only she knew that around him, I completely lose control!

“Well, I’d better go and get his coffee to him” I said “I’ll email you later and we’ll have to try and go to lunch”

“If he can spare you that long” she laughed.

“See you later” I said and carried the mugs of coffee out of the kitchen. I set mine down on my desk and carried Nick’s over to his office, knocking first before entering.

He was on the phone, from what I could tell, it was a rather angry phone call judging by the scowl on his face and the tone of his voice. Bloody hell, he looks sexy as hell!

He just waved his hand and indicated for me to put his coffee down on the desk and get out. I did as he asked and left him to it.

Half an hour later, his office door opened and he came charging out, barking orders in every direction, then said he was going out and to cancel all of his morning appointments. He was back to being a complete prick and I hated him again. How could he behave that way? How could he just act like nothing had happened between us? He could at least speak to me like a person, instead of shouting at me like I’m a nobody. Hmm, I decided a little payback was in order. If he thought I was going to just drop my knickers for him again (or rather, have them ripped off again), he would be sorely mistaken. Let’s see how he likes that! The bastard.

When he returned later that day, I put on my most professional face and spoke to him only when I had to. I avoided any situation that would put us alone together and then left at the end of the day feeling pleased with myself. He wasn’t going to see how he was affecting me.

End Notes:
He's all mixed up isn't he!
Chapter 10 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
I was on a roll so thought I'd add another chapter. Hope you like! Be warned there is a sex scene, but it's not too graphic.

Chapter 10

Oh god, who was I kidding? I was aching for this man, he had the ability to make me weak with just one look, and when he raised that eyebrow, or licked those full and kissable lips, oh my fucking god, I was gone.

Revenge remember, you’re supposed to be trying to put him in his place and showing him what he can‘t have ever again!

The following morning, I dressed with that in mind, wearing the dress I’d bought a few months ago which hugged my curves in all the right places. Kayla had called it a ‘sexy bitch dress’ and we’d laughed when I wore it out one night and had all these men ogling me. This will get his attention, the bastard.

I wore my hair down so that it tumbled around my shoulders in soft waves, applied just the right amount of make-up deemed fit for the workplace and finished off the look with black peep toe heels and a matching bag.

“Not bad at all” I said to my reflection before heading out the door.

I got to the office before him, his door was open and he was nowhere in sight, so I made the coffee and placed it on his desk ready for when he came in. As I was leaning over to place the mug on his desk, I felt his presence behind me; I could almost feel his warm breath. Stay strong Rowena, he is not getting in these knickers today, or any other day for that matter.

“There you go Mr Carter, just how you like it” I said in a seductive voice and then sashayed out of the door before he could say a word. A moment later I heard his office door slam and I knew I’d got to him.

I got on with my work, arranging his appointments and typing up reports all morning. I was in a surprisingly good mood, unlike the man behind the closed door who I heard shouting a few times. Did the man ever treat anyone with respect? I wondered if he had it in him to even be nice for a whole day. I doubted it.

That lunch time, I went out with the rest of the girls for a change. Mr Carter hadn’t objected after I’d emailed him to tell him, so I took that as my cue to go before he changed his mind, or replied to my email.

“He’s in a right mood again today isn’t he?” Kayla said as we left the building and headed over to the sandwich shop.

“Welcome to my world” I said “I have to put up with his shit all day, everyday”

“You deserve a medal” Carly said “I would’ve walked out long ago”

We changed the subject then, instead chatting about clothes and the latest topless hunks in Heat magazine, whilst we enjoyed our sandwiches.

“So, what’s with the ‘sexy bitch dress’ today Row? You got a date after work that you’re keeping quiet about?” asked Kayla. Damn, I should’ve known she would notice this dress; after all, she’d been with me when I’d bought it and when I’d worn it out and got all those admiring looks.

“Yes actually, I have” I lied, hoping no one would see through it.

“Spill it! Who is he? Why didn’t you say anything before? Is he good looking?” they were both firing questions at me at the same time.

“It’s no big deal” I tried to explain

“It may not be a big deal to you, but we want to goss, right Carly?” said Kayla.

“Right” Carly said and they both looked at me with expectant looks on their faces.

Oh shit, make something up quick Rowena!

“OK, he’s just a guy that a friend set me up with, it’s kind of a blind date” I said, hoping they’d buy that story.

“Well, we want ALL the details tomorrow” Carly said.

Thank god, I was off the hook.

We strolled back to work, all in good moods after our lovely lunch. I got on with a report which I’d started before lunch and worked on that for a couple of hours, humming happily to myself every so often.

The mood didn’t last long.

“Miss Bloom, in my office now please” he shouted from his office. His door was now open.

Crap, what does he want now? I was only gone just over an hour. Everyone has to eat!

“Yes Mr Carter, what can I do for you?” I asked sweetly. He wasn’t going to fluster me today, no way.

“I want you to set up conference room two ready for the meeting I’m having in the morning” he said, staring at me coldly. God, he was sexy as hell.

“I’ll just finish that report…” I was saying.

“Now” he barked “I want it done now Miss Bloom, or is that too much trouble to ask of my assistant?”

“OK, but just as long as you know I’m still not done with the report” I argued back. He was not going to talk to me like that and expect me to just take it.

“The report can wait” he said “now just do it”

I cursed under my breath as I walked out of his office, what the hell had got into him today? I gathered up all the necessary items needed for tomorrow’s meeting and headed up to conference room two. I placed everything down on the large mahogany table and walked over to the floor to ceiling window, looking out over the city.

Then I gasped as I heard the door to the conference room close and the door lock. I didn’t even need to turn around to know that it was him. I could sense that it was him and smell the wonderful scent of him. He smelled so good, I could’ve eaten him.

I froze at the window, unable to turn for fear of giving myself away. He got closer and closer until I could feel his warm breath on my neck. I could see his reflection in the window and I closed my eyes. Oh fuck, how do I get out of this one?

He carefully moved my hair away from my neck and brought his lips down onto my bare skin, ever so softly. Then he moved his lips up to my ear.

“I want you” he whispered and kissed my neck ever so softly. I began to tremble with excitement. My body was a complete traitor and I think I even whimpered at his touch.

“I know you want it too, and I’m the man to give it to you” he said as he began running one hand up my bare leg whilst the other hand rested on the window. I was trapped between him and the glass, but there was nowhere else I wanted to be at that moment.

He reached my knickers and slid his fingers under the flimsy material, finding the spot I most wanted him to touch.

“Oh god” I moaned.

“Do you like that, you little tease?” he asked as he increased the pressure and made my legs weak.

“Yes” I moaned “oh god yes…don’t stop”

My hands were now spread out on the glass in front of me for support as my legs began to shake with the force of the orgasm that ripped through my body. He spun me around and placed his hands at either side of my face and stared at me for a moment with lust filled eyes. I couldn’t control my hands as they reached for his trousers and fumbled to get them undone. Before long our clothes were in a heap on the floor. It was the first time I’d seen him completely naked and I stared in awe at his perfection, the man was a god.

He brought his mouth down to mine, kissing me hard, parting my lips with his tongue. Our tongues danced together for a while and he pulled me close to his body, his hands gripping my ass and lifting me so that my legs had no choice but to wrap around his waist. He backed me up against the cold window and it sent a slight shiver through my body.

“Oh fuck, you feel so good” he muttered as he slid inside me, filling me up to the hilt. My body was sliding up and down the window as he thrust hard and fast.

Anyone over in the building opposite could have seen us, but at that moment in time, I didn’t care. All I cared about was the pleasure this man was giving me.

“Oh fuck…harder” I mumbled “…don’t stop”

“I have no intention of stopping” he said “but I want to try something else”.

Still holding me in his arms, he carried me over to the large table in the centre of the room and perched me on the edge.

“Lie back” he said as he gently pushed me down, still inside me.

I did as he commanded.

My legs were still wrapped around his waist but he carefully removed them, running his hands up and down my legs as he lifted them up and placed them on his shoulders, kissing my ankles as he did so.

“Oh god yes…yes” I screamed out as he pushed into me even deeper in this position “oh fuck yeah”

“Oh fuck, you feel so fucking good like this” he began to pound into me harder and faster, gripping tightly to my legs.

“I’m gonna come” I moaned “oh fuck…oh god”

I completely lost control and the most powerful orgasm I’d ever experienced overcame my body. I screamed out his name as he continued to thrust hard into me, I’d never felt anything like it and I came again as he came to a shuddering climax of his own.

He gently lowered my legs and leaned his body into mine on the table. I wrapped my arms around him and we just held each other for a few minutes. No words were needed.

After a few minutes, when our breathing had returned to normal, we untangled ourselves and got dressed. I watched out of the corner of my eye as he got dressed, admiring his fine body. Fucking hell, he really was beautiful in every sense of the word.

“That was…amazing” he said and smiled “but I still need this meeting room set up for tomorrow morning before you go”.

And he did it again, the bastard ruined the moment! But at least he didn’t slam any doors on me this time.

End Notes:
I know he's a bit conflicted in this, but he has his reasons. Hope you liked!
Chapter 11 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Here's the next bit and it's Nick's POV

Chapter 11

Nick’s POV

I didn’t run out on her this time, I told her it had been amazing and I meant it. Maybe I did ruin the moment slightly by telling her I still needed her to set up the meeting room, but she was my assistant and I really did need the room ready for the morning. It was part of her job description, so why did she look at me like that?

Women…I wondered if I’ll ever understand any of them! Although I have to admit, Rowena is nothing at all like my ex.

I stood looking out of the floor to ceiling window, not really seeing anything though as I thought of that phone call I’d received yesterday and the events that followed.

I answered my phone to that fucking whore ex-wife Gabby. What the fuck could she possibly want now? We’d said all that was ever going to be said. Couldn’t she get it into her head, it was over.

“What do you want?” I snarled.

“Nick, please, we need to talk” she said and sniffed as if she was crying, but I knew it was probably all part of her act. The woman deserved an Oscar.

“I’ve got nothing to say to you and you know it. Now fuck off and tell it to Joey” I hissed.

“About Joey…oh Nick, I think I made a huge mistake” she said “please, can we just rewind and start afresh?”

“It’s too late for that Gabby, you ended our marriage the day you decided to fuck one of my best friends in our bed” I said, no emotion in my voice at all. I couldn’t have given a shit about her anymore. She was history.

“But things aren’t what I thought they’d be with him” she wailed.

Now I knew what she was getting at. I’d recently heard that Joey’s company had lost a few major contracts and had had to tighten their belts. The money grabbing bitch was having to go without. This wasn’t about love at all, it was about money. The fucking gold digger.

“More like you can’t spend his money like you want to; I know all about it, I know his business is going down the pan at the moment. Gabby, you are so predictable. You’re nothing but a gold digging whore. Now if you don’t mind, I have work to do. Do not call this number again or I’ll be forced to take out a restraining order against you, right?” I said and hung up.

I leaned back in my chair, running my fingers through my hair in exasperation. The woman had some nerve calling me after all she’d put me through. Not only had she been having an affair with one of my best friends, but in the divorce proceedings, she’d wanted to take me for every penny, not happy with just getting the house. Luckily the house and a one off payment had settled it.

That phone call set me up all wrong for the day. Nothing I did seemed to go right and I hardly even noticed when Rowena brought my cup of coffee in. In fact, I was glad she didn’t hover about or I was likely to fire her, the mood I was in.

I needed to get the hell out of this office before I exploded, so I told Rowena to cancel all of my appointments for the morning and stomped out of the office. I didn’t know where I was going, but I needed a distraction.

I wandered aimlessly around and found myself at the park, it was relatively empty at this time of the day, only a couple of joggers, mothers pushing pushchairs and the odd couple holding hands passed me by. This was just what I needed, peace and quiet. I walked around the lake until I came to the ice cream stand, looking at the various ice creams displayed on the menu, I decided on a double chocolate cone, why not, I worked hard on my body, it deserved the odd treat.

“Mmm” I murmured as I tasted the delicious ice cream. It was good. I found a bench and sat down, just focusing on eating my ice cream and nothing else. I closed my eyes and just let the sun wash over me. If only life were as simple as a walk in the park. I knew I didn’t want Gabby back in my life, she’d betrayed me in the worst possible way, for fuck’s sake, I’d lost my best friend over that bitch. She’d destroyed my life, and she still wanted more. No, I was sticking to my word with what I’d told her. She had no place in my life anymore.

Then my thoughts turned back to Rowena. She was everything Gabby wasn’t. Everything I could want in a woman really. She wasn’t like all the others at all, they’d all been after my wallet and only wanted me for what I could give them, but Rowena, she was strong and independent and didn’t take any shit from anyone. I found myself not only lusting after her body these days, but wanting to get to know her more as a person. But I was afraid to let my guard down. I’d been bitten once and wasn’t going to let it happen again. No fucking way.

I eventually went back to the office; Rowena seemed indifferent to me, like I wasn’t even friggin there. Maybe I’d never understand that complex woman, but I hoped that one day, I might drop my guard down enough to try. If she wanted me that is.

End Notes:
Hope you liked, maybe things will start to change between to the two of them...
Chapter 12 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 12

Rowena’s POV

This had to stop. As good as the sex was with Nick, that’s all it seemed to be to him, just sex. I deserved so much more than that. Don’t get me wrong, I was loving it just as much as he was, but I’d never done this kind of thing before in my life. I’d never had a one night stand, I’d only had four sexual partners and all of them had been serious boyfriends. That’s why I was shocked at the way I was behaving with Nick Carter, especially in the work place.

Over the next couple of weeks there were a few more sexual encounters in work, mainly his office. We were like two magnets, pulling together no matter how hard we tried to stop it. After each time, we just seemed to carry on like nothing had happened. Back to business as usual, except whereas before he’d been a total bastard and an ogre to work for, he seemed to be mellowing a little. In fact, you could say his attitude was now tolerable. Everyone seemed to notice it, which led to gossip that maybe he was seeing someone. No one suspected me though, why would they? I was merely his assistant. Someone like Nick Carter could’ve had any woman he wanted. Then it got me thinking, what if he was seeing someone else? What we had going on was hardly a relationship, we were both free to see other people. I felt quite jealous at the thought of someone else touching him the way I did. Maybe I should see someone else too, maybe that would get him out of my system, although by now, I was already in way too deep. I needed more than to just be someone’s fuck buddy though; I wanted him to feel the same way for me as I did for him. I just couldn‘t tell him that.

That weekend was to be the annual Summer Ball, it promised to be a fantastic event this year, with the merger of the two companies this year; they were going all out to make this ball something special. Invitations had been sent out to a lot of our clients also, and we were all counting down the days to the weekend. We could bring a partner if we wanted, I knew Kayla was taking Richard, but seeing as I was single, I’d be going it alone. I knew I wouldn’t be alone when I got there though; a lot of the girls were single, or just didn‘t want to bring their men. My mind wasn’t on them though. I was thinking of him. What if he brought a date? Would I be able to handle it? You could always scratch her eyes out. Don’t be stupid, you wouldn’t do that, you have more dignity than that, you’d just ignore him.

Friday afternoon in the office and everyone was excited about the forthcoming ball; we were all talking about what we were wearing and what time we’d be arriving. Usually Nick would’ve blown his top at us chattering like this in work time, but today he seemed to be in as good a mood as the rest of us.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Miss Bloom” he said with a sexy smile as I was leaving the office. I must’ve been grinning from ear to ear all the way home; he’d actually said he’d see me tomorrow and smiled about it! If only he’d drop the Miss Bloom act and call me Rowena though.

That night, I went through my entire wardrobe to plan what I’d wear to the ball. I know I should’ve been more organised and thought ahead, but I’ve always been a last minute kind of person when it comes to things like this, and I had a lot of clothes already. Rummaging through the masses of clothes, I found a few possibilities and pulled them out to take a closer look.

“Oh my god, I forgot about this dress” I said as I held it up to myself in the full length mirror and admired it. The dress was a deep aquamarine colour, made of satin and was floor length. It had a halter neck which dipped into a deep V in the front and was completely backless; I decided to try it on. I quickly undressed and slid the dress on, fastening it at the neck, then turned to look at myself in the mirror. The dress was perfect; it was very flattering and showed off my curves without being trashy. I’d only worn the dress once before at a friend’s wedding, so no one from the office had seen me in it. My mind was made up without even looking at the rest of my wardrobe. Now I just needed to make sure I had the right kind of accessories to go with it. Thankfully, I did.

I spent the rest of the night chilling out with a DVD and a tub of ice cream, I decided on ‘Pretty Woman’ and wondered if Nick would ever be my Edward Lewis, my knight in shining armour like on the film. I could dream.

The following morning, I got up and went for a run, then came home and did some housework to pass the time. At five o’clock, my friend Anna who also happened to be a hairdresser came over to transform my hair into something fitting for the occasion. We chatted as she worked and before long, I was done.

“Wow Anna, its lovely, thank you so much” I said and paid her.

“I just hope you have a good time tonight, will there be any nice men there?” she asked with a grin “it’s about time you got out there and found someone”

“There might be one of two there, but I won’t get my hopes up” I said as I thought of my boss.

“They won’t be able to resist you!” she said and we laughed.

After she’d gone, I finished getting ready and then observed myself in my full length mirror. I did look stunning. My hair had been styled into loose curls with the sides gently pulled up and curling down the back, my make-up was just enough to look glamorous and the dress, necklace and earrings made me look like a movie star. I finished off by slipping into a pair of strappy heels and then was ready to go.

I was nervous on the way there, but that didn’t last, I was soon amongst friends and enjoying myself. The drinks were flowing freely and there was a huge buffet with everything you could possibly want. Music was playing and people were dancing. There was also a large marquee set up outside, with another bar and another dance floor with hundreds of tiny fairy lights illuminating it softly. I had to excuse myself for a moment to go to the bathroom and that’s when I saw him. He wasn’t alone either. He was stood laughing and smiling with some supermodel looking bitch! Her hand was lightly resting on his arm and I had the urge to march over there and slap it away and tell her he was taken. But of course I didn’t. He wasn’t taken and he wasn’t mine, no matter how much I wanted him to be.

I walked past them, pretending I’d not seen him, and carried on towards the ladies toilets.

“Rowena” he called and grabbed hold of my arm just before I reached the door to the toilets.

“What do you want? A quick fuck in the toilets? That’s all I’m good for isn’t it?” I said, fighting back the tears and missing the fact that he’d actually called me something other than Miss Bloom.

“Is that what you really think of me?” he sounded quite hurt “that that’s all I want?”

“Well isn’t it?” I said “anyway, why don’t you go back to your supermodel and let me go my way” I pulled myself free of him and walked off, leaving him standing there.

When I came out of the bathroom, he was nowhere to be seen. Probably fucking that supermodel type girl he was with earlier.

I went to the bar and ordered myself a double vodka and coke and downed it in one, then ordered another and did the same.

“Hey, slow down, it’s all free anyway” came a voice from beside me and I looked up to see someone who looked vaguely familiar, I knew he worked for the company, but wasn’t sure whereabouts.

“I was just thirsty” I lied.

“OK, I believe you” he smiled “I’m Jason, I’ve seen you around, I work in the accounts department”

“Hi Jason, nice to meet you, I’m Rowena, I work for Nick Carter as his assistant” I said and smiled at him warmly. He was a good looking guy. Tall, dark haired and handsome, and completely different to Nick.

“Hmm, and how’s that going? I hear he’s a hard man to please” he asked. I almost choked on my drink! If only he knew how easy it was to please Nick.

“Yeah, he can be difficult sometimes, but I love my job and like a challenge” I replied.

We chatted for a while and then he asked if I’d like to dance, I accepted and he led me to the dance floor where lots of other people were swaying to the slow ballad that was playing. He held me quite close, but at an acceptable closeness for dancing, and I found myself enjoying his company, he was friendly and funny and everything Nick wasn’t.

“Mind if I cut in?” asked an all too familiar voice “I need to talk to Rowena…work matter, y‘know”

He called me Rowena!

“Sure” Jason said “see you later Rowena”

“See you Jason” I replied and looked at Nick, wondering what could be so important to talk about at a party “yes Mr Carter?”

He didn’t say anything for a couple of minutes, he put his arms around me and held me close, burying his face against my hair and sighing.

“Rowena…I didn’t like seeing you dance with him” he finally said.

“Why? What’s it to you? And where’s your date? Won’t she be wondering where you are?” I said.

“My date? She’s not my date, she’s just a passing acquaintance, I was being polite!” he said.

“OK, but that still doesn’t give you the right to tell me who I can and can’t dance with” I said.

“I was jealous OK” he sighed “I saw his hands on you and I saw red. I wanted to be in his place. You drive me wild Rowena”

I didn’t know what to say, I was completely speechless for the first time in ages.

End Notes:
His wall is crumbling! Hope you enjoyed :)
Chapter 13 by Carter-Orange

 

Chapter 13

I realised that we hadn’t moved, we were still on the dance floor but we weren’t dancing, we were just looking at each other.

“Come on” he said, taking my hand “let’s get out of here, let’s go and take a walk outside”

I nodded my head in response and allowed myself to be led away. I didn’t notice the looks from my friends and at that moment, I wouldn’t have cared either. Nick Carter was actually holding my hand in public and he wanted to talk to me.

We walked out into the still warm night air, the hundreds of fairy lights dotted around outside showed us the way and we walked around the grounds, hand in hand.

“Look N…Nick” I began, faltering over whether to call him Mr Carter or not.

“Rowena…” he began at the same time and once again, I loved hearing him say my name.

“You first Nick” I said.

“Well, first of all I’m glad you’re calling me Nick” he smiled and looked into my eyes. “Rowena, I know I’ve been a complete and utter bastard to you since the moment we first met. I just want to explain a bit about myself, not that it excuses my behaviour, but I need to make you aware of why I sometimes act like a complete asshole”

“And I need to explain myself to you too” I said.

“Well, ladies first then” he turned and flashed that gorgeous crooked smile, the kind of smile that would be enough to make any sane woman melt.

“I never do this. This isn’t me. I’m not some easy lay. But it’s like when I’m around you, I can’t seem to help myself, I’m drawn to you” I said.

“Same here. Believe me Rowena, this isn’t me either. I’ve never acted this way with anyone. I don’t know if you know this, in fact I‘m pretty certain you won‘t, but I was married once, I got divorced nearly two years ago. I’ve always been a workaholic, always wanted to be successful at what I do and that included my marriage. I loved her and thought that was enough, I thought when I married that it would be for life, and she betrayed me in the worst way possible. Whilst I was busy making something of myself and giving her everything she could possibly want, she was having an affair with one of my best friends”

“Oh god” I said, completely shocked that not only had he been married and betrayed like that, but also that he was opening up and telling me all of this.

“I decided to surprise her one day by finishing work early, she was always on at me for not spending enough time with her. Anyway, I arrived home and found an unfamiliar car in my driveway; I thought nothing of it as she often had her girlfriends over. Little did I know that Joey had just picked up his new car the day before, and so of course I wouldn‘t recognise it. I caught them together Row. Can you imagine what that did to me? My wife and my fucking best friend? I flipped out for a while, but then I decided not to be some weak pathetic man. No, I was going to toughen up and nothing and no one was going to get in my way again. I decided that all women were gold digging bitches and I’m ashamed to admit that I became a bit of a womaniser for a while. I was getting what I wanted and I didn’t care about them” he explained.

I nodded my head to show that I was still listening.

“And then I met you. Almost immediately I knew you were different, you gave as good as you got and weren‘t going to put up with any shit. It became torture working with you because I didn’t want to feel like that, I tried to put you out of my mind, but I couldn’t and then that one day, I snapped. I couldn’t control myself any longer. This is going to sound bad, but I thought if I could just get you out of my system, then I could move on. But I didn’t. I couldn’t get you out of my mind, I was even dreaming of you. And there were no other women. Once I met you, you were all I wanted” he said with a simple shrug of his shoulders.

“Nick, I was the same. When I first met you, I hated you with a passion; I thought you were an arrogant bastard” I giggled at the thought of it. Now he seemed anything but that.

“Oh yeah, well I guess I deserved to be hated” he admitted with a laugh. “And what do you think of me now? Because I have to tell you, I’m falling in love with you. I tried for ages to deny it, I was scared of getting hurt again I guess, but I just can’t pretend anymore, it’s not fair to you or me”

“As I was saying, I did hate you, but now hmm…” I began to tease him and then decided to put him out of his misery “Nick, I think I’m falling in love with you too”

“And we can’t deny that the sex is fantastic” he said with a mischievous smile.

“Oh god, every time just seems to get better and better” I said and blushed slightly. We’d never talked about sex; we usually just went at it like animals and then ignored each other.

“I have a feeling it will be even better now” he said and wrapped his arms around me tightly, pulling me close.

“Oh yeah?” I asked, testing him.

“Mmm” he said and kissed me. It wasn’t like our usual kissing; this was filled with love and sent tingles to every nerve ending in my body.

“So does this mean no more risky sex in public places?” I asked curiously, looking at him with my best flirty look.

“Fuck no, come on” he said grabbing my hand and leading to a very secluded area of the grounds. There was a wooden arbour tucked away in a corner, surrounded by various climbing plants and lots of shrubs, the fragrance coming off them was gorgeous.

He pulled me onto his lap so that I was straddling him; my dress was bunched up around my hips.

“Mmm, Rowena, I haven’t told you yet how beautiful you look tonight” he said between kisses along my shoulders and neck “god, you taste so good too”

“You don’t look so bad yourself” I said and kissed him deeply, enjoying the taste of him, a mixture of Jack Daniels and something spicy, he was delicious.

I began loosening his tie and unbuttoning his shirt, I needed some contact with his bare skin on mine. We couldn’t risk taking everything off out here though, so I undid his trousers and slid them down to his ankles, along with his boxers and he removed my underwear and hitched my dress up further.

“Oh fuck Rowena, I want to make love to you every day” he said as I slid down onto him, taking him all in “you feel so good”.

He held onto my hips and guided me up and down his length as I kissed, licked and nipped at his bare skin with my teeth, savouring every visible part of him. I began to ride him harder and faster, wanting as much of him as I could possibly get. He started to thrust his hips up to meet me, holding me tighter, like he couldn’t get enough. He brought one hand down and began rubbing his thumb over my clit, making me moan out loud.

“Oh god…Nick” I screamed out his name as I came. He pulled me down harder onto him and thrust up against me and then he was throwing his head back in ecstasy and letting out a deep guttural sound as he came deep within me.

“That was fucking amazing” he said as we kissed and held each other close. He planted soft kisses all down my neck, along my shoulders and then back up, all the time muttering his love for me.

I ran my fingers through his hair and wondered at how lucky I was. I was here at this glamorous party, with the man that I loved (now I could finally admit it) and he actually loved me back.

“I love you too” I whispered against his ear.

“Come on, we’d better be going back” he said “and I promise, this time I’m not running away from you”

End Notes:

It's not over yet, still more to come! Hope that chapter was OK.

Chapter 14 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
This chapter contains a sex scene, just letting you know!

Chapter 14

We walked back into the party, his hand gripping mine tightly, and I felt my friend’s eyes on me immediately. Shit, what the hell am I going to tell them?

“I’ll just go and get us some drinks” he said “I’ll be right back”

He let go of my hand and strode over towards the bar, turning to look back at me with a sexy smile before he vanished into the swell of people.

“Oh my god Rowena!” said Kayla “please tell me I’m seeing things. You were not just smooching with Nick Carter were you?”

“Er…yes” I replied, my face flushing a slight shade of red.

“But Row…he’s an asshole, he treats you like shit and you hate him” she explained, then her eyes narrowed “how much have you had to drink? Has he tried to take advantage of you?”

“Girls” I said in a calm voice “no, he hasn’t tried to take advantage of me and I’m not drunk. Let me explain”

“Spill it” Carly said and looked at me expectantly.

“OK” I sighed “here goes. Yes, Nick can be a complete asshole at times, but underneath it all, he’s a lovely person...”

“And this is something you discovered just tonight?” Carly butted in.

“Er…no…” I began.

“What! You mean something happened before tonight?” Kayla shook her head, hardly able to believe her ears.

“Actually, we’ve kind of had a thing going on for a little while” I said and bit on my bottom lip guiltily “please don’t be mad at me for not saying anything. We didn’t know how we felt about each other until tonight, but I think I love him”

“Rowena, are you sure about him though? I don’t want to see you get hurt. You should know better than anyone what he’s like, what his reputation with women is like. He treats them all like shit!” Kayla exclaimed.

“I know, but this time it’s different” I said.

“Well, I hope so, because if he treats you bad, then he’ll have us to deal with, boss or not” Carly said and Kayla nodded in agreement.

“Thanks girls, but I really think this could be something special” I said with a huge grin on my face.

At that moment, Nick came back carrying two drinks, he handed one to me and smiled and said hello to my friends, who in turn said hello back. I could tell they were thinking about what I’d told them, they were no doubt thinking I was crazy to get involved with the man we all liked to hate. I just hoped he would prove them wrong. They quickly left us alone, telling me they’d speak to me later.

“So, I guessing they aren’t too pleased about us” he said.

“You could say that” I admitted “but they’ll get used it”

“Come on, I don’t think we had a chance to dance properly earlier, and I really want to dance with you” he looked at me with those piercing eyes and I was under his spell once more. My heart started to flutter at the thought of being held close to his body again. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor, then pulled me close to him, until our bodies couldn’t really get any closer without it looking obscene. We swayed to the music, completely oblivious to everyone around us.

At the end of the night, Nick insisted on getting a taxi with me to make sure I got home alright, which was very gentlemanly of him. I wondered if I’d ever get used to this new side of him. I also wondered if this meant the end of rough sex and dirty talk which I loved. I hoped not. We were both pretty silent on the way home, I wondered whether I should invite him in, or would that be too much? In no time at all, we were pulling up outside my place.

“Well, here we are” I said, not really wanting to say goodbye just yet, but not sure whether to invite him in either.

“Yes” he said in a deep husky voice “here we are. I think I’d better see you to your door”

“Hmm” I agreed “I think you’d better”.

We couldn’t get out of the taxi quick enough, Nick threw some money at the driver and told him to keep the change, then he grabbed me and started kissing me passionately right there in front of my apartment building.

“Come on, let’s go inside” I said, breaking away from the kiss first. We got inside the apartment and as soon as the door was closed, we were kissing; he’d backed me up against the front door and was pressing his body forcefully against mine.

“Oh god” he said breathlessly “you don’t know what you do to me”

I reached down and began to stroke the bulge in his trousers and murmured that I knew exactly what I wanted to do to him. He undid the back of my dress and moved away from me slightly so that the dress fell down and exposed my bare breasts.

“So fucking beautiful” he muttered and brought his mouth down onto my left breast, sucking and flicking his tongue over my hardened nipple. I arched my back, wanting more and more of him, then began to undo the buttons of his shirt so that I could feel his body against mine. I slid the shirt down his arms and then dropped to my knees and began undoing his trousers, springing his manhood free.

“Oh fuck” he moaned when I took him in my mouth and began moving up and down his shaft, licking and sucking gently “fuck yeah”.

I gripped his hips and he twisted one hand in my hair whilst the other hand rested against the wall, his hips began to rock back and forth.

“Fuck…Row…please…don’t stop” he groaned as he pulled my hair tighter and then shuddered with his release. I swallowed every last drop.

He pulled me up and kissed me aggressively, then ran his hands up my body and pulled my dress over my head, throwing it to the floor in a heap with his clothes.

“My turn now” he said huskily and lifted me up so that I had no choice but to wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck “now, which way to the bedroom?”

Chapter 15 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
This chapter has both POVs

Chapter 15

Nick’s POV

After the best blow job ever, I carried Rowena towards her bedroom intent on making this a night to remember. I’d imagined making love to her in a bed for so long, and now I was going to make that a reality.

“Which room?” I said as I kissed her. I was already hard again and ready for more.

“This one” she said and I pushed the slightly ajar door open and walked towards the bed, setting her down gently.

She began to push herself up the bed but I stopped her and pulled her back down towards the edge.

“Not yet” I said and began kissing up her legs, sucking and gently biting her inner thighs “first I want to pleasure you”. I heard her gasp and I chuckled quietly and made good on my word.

“Oh shit...oh god…that was fucking amazing” she gasped breathlessly and I moved up from the position I was in and moved us up the bed. I hovered above her for a moment before spreading her legs even further with my thighs and guiding myself into her.

She wrapped her legs around my waist and pulled me in even deeper. I held her hands above her head, up against the metal head board. I’d love to have her tie me to the bed and ride me like a cowgirl. I snapped out of my little fantasy and brought my mouth down on hers, kissing her deeply, tasting both herself and me as our tongues danced together.

“Yes...harder” she moaned between kisses and I slammed into her harder and faster, then brought one of her legs up and rested it against my shoulder, so that I could thrust even deeper.

She dragged her nails down my back and then dug them into the cheeks of my ass, it stung a little but it was a nice kind of pain and it only spurred me on even more. I was going to fuck her senseless, and when we’d recovered, we were going to do it again and again.

~*~

Rowena’s POV

I woke up the next morning and turned over, expecting to find Nick still sleeping next to me, but to my horror, the bed was empty. Calm down Row, there’s bound to be a reason why he just upped and left without a word.

I dragged myself out of bed and put on some pyjama bottoms and a vest top, then opened the bedroom door to have my nostrils assaulted with the smell of freshly cooked bacon. He hadn’t left after all!

“Morning” he smiled up at me from his position over the cooker. God, he looked sexier than anything I could possibly imagine. He was only wearing his boxers, his hair was a gorgeous mess and he needed a shave, but he looked like heaven to me!

“Morning” I smiled back at him.

“Sorry for helping myself like this, but you looked so peaceful asleep that it was a shame to wake you, and I was starving” he said as he flipped the bacon over.

“We did work up quite an appetite last night” I giggled “is there enough there for me?”

“Of course! I was planning on bringing you breakfast in bed if you hadn’t woken up” he said, indicating to the two plates set up on the worktop.

“Need any help there?” I asked

“It’s OK, I’m just about done” he replied.

A few minutes later, we were sat at the table eating bacon, eggs and toast and sipping coffee. I hadn’t realised just how hungry I was.

“Rowena…” he began and I wondered where this was going. Was he going to say that this had been good, but he didn’t want anything more?

“Yes Nick” I said. It still felt a little weird to be calling him Nick and not Mr Carter or asshole.

“I know we’ve kind of started our relationship in an unusual way, but from now on, I want to do this the right way, the proper way” he said “I realise that we’ve never actually had a first date, and I’d like that. That’s if you want to”.

He looked a little shy and unsure of himself at that moment and it was adorable. I’d never seen him look vulnerable, not ever. I realised that there was a lot about Nick Carter that I didn’t know, but I wanted to find out. I wanted to get to know everything about him.

“I’d love to” I said and he took hold of my hand across the table and smiled.

“Good” he said with obvious relief “are you doing anything tonight? We could go out and get something to eat”

“No, I’m not doing anything tonight. That sounds perfect. Or we could just get a takeaway and a DVD and stay in?” I suggested.

“As tempting as that sounds, I really would like to take you out for a proper first date” he said.

We finished breakfast and arranged a time for him to come and pick me up later and then said goodbye, kissing one last time at the front door.

“See you later” he said and was gone.

I closed the door and leaned against it with a happy sigh. I couldn’t believe that this man, whom I’d thought the most arrogant bastard I’d ever met just a few weeks ago, could turn out to be this romantic, caring guy. I couldn’t wait to get to know the real Nick Carter.

Chapter 16 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 16

At seven o’clock exactly, he knocked on my door and I answered it with a huge smile on my face. He looked truly amazing.

“Ready?” he asked and I looked him up and down. He was wearing black jeans which hugged his thighs just right, and a black shirt with the top couple of buttons left undone to show just the right amount of chest.

“Yes, just let me grab my bag” I said “where are we going?”

“You’ll see when we get there” he replied with a crooked smile.

It was a warm evening so I didn’t really need a jacket. As we drove out of town I wanted to ask again where we were going, but decided to leave it, he wanted to surprise me and who was I to argue with that? So instead, I sat back and enjoyed the ride. We chatted and sang along to songs on the radio, Nick had such a lovely voice, I was sure he could’ve been a successful singer if he‘d wanted to. I could’ve sat listening to his voice all night.

“Well, here we are” he said as he turned off the road and switched the engine off. He got out of the car and walked around to my side, acting like the proper gentleman. “Shall we?” he said, taking my hand.

“Yes, let’s” I said, going along with this very proper behaviour and finding it all very amusing.

It was a very small restaurant; in fact, from the outside you wouldn’t think much of it at all, but once inside, it was a whole different feeling.

“I bet you thought I was bringing you to a real dump of a place” he teased, whispering in my ear “but the food here is delicious. Don’t let the outside fool you, appearances can be deceptive you know”

“It appears so” I replied, also quietly. I wasn’t just on about the restaurant and I’m sure Nick wasn’t either.

We were shown to a table and ordered our food, which I have to say, really was exquisite. We talked about anything and everything, opening up to each other and really getting to know one another better. He was so much more than I’d thought he would be. Yes, he could be arrogant and determined, but he was also caring and loving and someone who I felt safe and complete around.

After paying the bill, which he refused any money for, we left the restaurant. It was dark outside now and there was a cool breeze, but once we were back in the car, I felt warm enough.

“I don’t really want to take you home just yet” he said “how do you feel about a walk along the beach?”

“Are we near the beach then?” I asked. Shows how much attention I’d been paying on the way here, I hadn’t noticed where we were!

“Not far off” he said with a smile on his handsome face.

“OK” I replied.

We drove the couple of miles it took to get there and he pulled over.

“Here, you might want this” he said and offered me a jacket which was on the back seat of the car.

“It’s alright, I’m not cold, but thanks” I replied.

“OK” he said and took my hand.

We walked along the promenade, hand in hand, the cool sea breeze was blowing my hair around my face and Nick stopped to push it behind my ears and kiss me. My god, his kisses were the best.

“Come on, the pier is just along here, let’s walk along it” he said and we carried on walking.

The pier was dimly lit and I could just make out the swirling water beneath us, the sound of if was very relaxing. There wasn’t another person in sight as we walked towards the end. I leaned over the railings at the end and looked out at the relatively calm sea and the stars above me, and then I felt Nick’s arms around my waist and his warm breath against my ear.

“You‘re beautiful” he whispered.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close for a kiss. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body tight against his. I could feel his arousal.

“See what you do to me Rowena” he said breathlessly in my ear as I felt his erection digging in to me “I can’t control myself when I’m with you”

Unfortunately, the pier was hardly the place, so we just carried on kissing for a while before resuming our romantic stroll.

That night, he dropped me off home and left me with the promise that this date had been the first of many to come.

~*~

After the most perfect date last night, I was suddenly quite nervous about going in to work this morning. Nick was still my boss. Would things be awkward between us in work now? Also, there was the matter of the Summer Ball. A lot of people had seen us together, there was bound to be a certain amount of gossip. I groaned to myself. Great, just what I need.

I walked into the building and to my relief, saw no one I knew at the elevator. Thank god for small mercies! But it was a different matter once I stepped out of the lift and into the office.

“Morning Rowena” came the greetings from my colleagues “good weekend?” I was sure I noticed a few smirks.

“Yeah, great, thanks” I replied. I wasn’t going to discuss my personal life in the office. It was my business, well mine and Nick’s.

I looked over towards his office and noticed his door was closed. Was he in or not?

I didn’t want to have to ask anyone whether he was in or not, so I pulled out my Blackberry and sent him a text.

Are you in work? – Rowena

I hit send and quickly switched on my computer. A moment later and my phone was vibrating with a text message.

Yes, and I’m waiting for my coffee :) – Nick

I read the message and smiled to myself. Still an arrogant bastard, but he’s my bastard.

I checked through the emails and post before making the coffee, it wouldn’t hurt him to wait for it. Then I went into the kitchen to make the coffee.

“So, what’s the goss with you and Mr Carter then?” asked Kayla who’d sneaked up behind me “have you seen him since the party?”

“Shh” I said holding my finger against my lips “keep it quiet Kay. Yes, I saw him yesterday, we went out and it was lovely”

“Well, I’m happy for you, as long as he treats you right” she said.

“He does, don’t worry” I said “he’s perfect”.

Kayla pretended she was going to be sick, and we laughed for a few moments.

“I think word seems to have got around about the pair of you dancing at the party, but no one is aware that you’re seeing each other, they seem to think it was just a drunken dance” she said.

“Thank god for that. I don’t really want it being made public knowledge in work” I told her.

“See you later? We’ll go for lunch” she asked and I agreed.

“I’d better get back” I said and told her I’d see her later.

I walked back into the office carrying the two mugs of coffee; I placed mine on my desk and picked up his pile of mail, then walked over to Nick’s office. I knocked on the door, and then walked in. He was on the phone, so I placed the coffee and mail on his desk and walked back out. He hadn’t even looked up at me.

An hour went by and I hadn’t heard a word out of him. Did I do something wrong? Shall I go in there and say something? No, fuck it, he can make the first move!

I could hardly concentrate on my work; I kept wondering what was wrong. We’d had such a lovely time together and I really thought we had something special between us. But then, here we were, back to square one. Well, if he wanted to play the asshole and ignore me, I could play it cool too.

At lunchtime, I still hadn’t even had an email from him, so I sent him an email telling him that I was going to lunch and I’d be gone about an hour. Then I got up and walk out to meet the others. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes and I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I was not going to cry.

“Ready?” I said, putting on my best cheery face to the girls.

“Yes, let’s go” they said and we walked out of the building.

Luckily, conversation at lunch wasn’t focused on me, I was grateful for that. Instead, we talked about Kayla’s upcoming wedding.

An hour later we walked back into work and I felt a lot better, lunch with the girls had been just the tonic I needed after such an awful morning. I sat down at my desk and unlocked my computer, noticing an email from Nick sitting in my inbox.

When you get back from lunch, come and see me in my office.

Nick

I locked my computer again and got up from my desk. I knocked on his door before opening it.

“You wanted to see me?” I said nervously.

“Yes. Look Rowena, I’m sorry about today, I’ve just got a lot to catch up on. I shouldn’t have ignored you” he said.

“That’s OK, I know you’re busy” I said. But manners cost nothing!

“There was something else…I think we should keep this” he indicated to himself and me “to ourselves”

“Why? Are you ashamed of me or something” I suddenly blurted out. It’s not as if I wanted to shout it from the rooftops or anything as drastic as that, but I thought that after last night things would be different. I thought he wanted a proper relationship with me. How could we have that if he didn’t want to acknowledge it?

“No, of course not. How could you think that? It’s just that I don’t know…I don’t like to mix my personal life with business” he said, looking towards the floor.

I snorted a laugh. How could he say such a thing after all the sexual encounters we’d had in work?

“Yes…I know what you’re thinking. That’s not exactly what I mean either. It’s just that we don’t want to be the subject of gossip do we?” he said.

“What you really mean is that I’m good enough for sex, but you don’t want people knowing we’re together? You‘re the boss and I‘m the hired help” I said as I shook my head in disgust “thanks a lot Nick”

“Rowena…please” he begged “that’s not what I mean”.

“No Nick” I said “I thought you were different, I thought that underneath the bastard façade you were a nice person, but I obviously judged you wrong”

I left the office and slammed the door before he had a chance to say another word. I switched off my computer, grabbed my bag and stormed out of the office. I needed to get some air; I needed to get away from here before I broke down in tears.

Chapter 17 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Here's some more, I was on a roll so the chapter is a little longer.

Chapter 17

As soon as I was well clear of the building, the tears began to fall. I couldn’t control them, no matter how hard I tried. I felt used and abused. My trust in men, or should I say one man in particular, in complete tatters. I should’ve known from the start that he was only in it for the sex. I’d given it up so easily, it was shameful really, I may as well have just gone into work that first time with a badge saying “whore”. And now he’d made it clear that he didn’t want anyone else knowing, that this ‘thing’ between us should be kept secret. Well fuck him!

I wasn’t looking where I was going as I wandered aimlessly down the street, no destination in mind, just seeing where my feet took me, when I walked smack into someone “sorry” I muttered without even looking up.

“Rowena?” asked a familiar voice “what’s wrong?”

I looked up and found myself face to face with Jason from accounts “Oh hi Jason, I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going” I mumbled, looking back down to hide my teary eyes.

“What’s happened, are you OK?” he asked again, his voice soft and sounding like he genuinely cared.

“It’s nothing, honestly” I said. I could hardly tell him I’d been shagging the boss, thought we had something special, only to find out he really did just want me for sex, could I? No.

“It doesn’t look like nothing” he said “you don’t have to tell me, I know it’s not my business, but can I at least buy you a coffee or something? You look like you could do with it”

“Erm…OK then” I replied. I really could do with a nice cup of coffee and a chat, it wouldn’t make the pain go away, but it would take my mind off Nick for a little while.

“Come on” he said and guided me towards a little café with small round tables and chairs outside and cute checked table clothed tables inside. We decided to sit inside. Jason went to order the drinks and I sat down at a table away from the front of the café and waited for him. I heard my phone go off and reached into my bag, it was him. I quickly pressed reject and tossed the phone back into my bag. Then it beeped, I pulled the phone out again and sighed as I saw he’d sent me a text.

Row, please, come back, let’s be reasonable about this and talk – Nick

If he thought I was just going to go running back, he was sadly mistaken. I quickly tapped in a reply and hit send.

Thought you didn’t mix business with pleasure? And no, I’m taking the rest of the day off - Rowena

I switched the phone off and shoved it back in my bag as Jason got to the table and sat down.

“There you go” he said “a cup of coffee is the answer to everything”

“If only!” I smiled “thanks Jason”

We talked about trivial things whilst we sipped our drinks, and he really did take my mind off Nick for a little while, which was exactly what I needed.

“Rowena, about the other night, at the ball” he began and I felt the heat rise in my face. Surely he wasn’t going to bring up Nick here?

“Yeah?” I asked cautiously

“It’s just that it’s a shame we never got to finish that dance. I was wondering if one evening you’d like to go out?” he asked shyly.

“Oh Jason, I’m sorry but that wouldn’t really be a good idea right now, things are complicated at the moment, and I don’t want to complicate things further. But thanks for asking anyway” I said.

“It’s OK, I understand. Can’t expect a gorgeous woman like yourself to be single!” he said and smiled at me whilst I blushed “but the offer is there if you change your mind”

“Thanks Jason” I said and fumbled with my paper napkin. I wasn’t used to such compliments, especially from men who hadn’t had a few drinks first!

We left the café a while later and I thanked him again and we said goodbye. He walked his way and I went mine. Even though I knew that I harboured no romantic feelings towards Jason, I’d enjoyed our little chat and liked his company. He made me realise that perhaps I might’ve over-reacted over what Nick had said. Maybe it was a man thing. Maybe they were better at separating their personal lives from their professional lives. Maybe I should’ve talked to him instead of switching off my phone.

I decided I’d call him later, after a nice lazy afternoon at home. My anger towards Nick had virtually gone by the time I got home and pulled in to my parking space. But as I climbed out of my car, I noticed his car, it was a bit hard to miss really, you didn’t see many cars like that on the road. Wonder why he‘s here at this time, he should be in the office at that meeting. Should I speak first or wait for him to make the first move? Argh, I’m no good at this!

I tried to pretend I hadn’t seen him sitting there in his car; I looked straight ahead and carried on walking. I felt my traitorous body dying to give me away by looking at him, but I forced myself to remain unaffected by his presence.

“Rowena…wait” he called out and I heard a car door close and lock.

“Nick? What a surprise! What are you doing here?” I turned and looked at him, with his tie loosened and his slightly dishevelled hair.

“Row, I want you” he said with so much emotion. But then I thought of the way he’d spoken to me earlier and I wasn’t sure what to think anymore.

“No you don’t” I retorted “you just want someone to be there when you fancy sex, and I was stupid enough to be that person”

“Rowena, please…you know that’s not true!” he said “I told you at the ball how I felt, and I meant it”

“Then why the cold treatment today? Why?” I asked.

“Can we go inside and talk about this like adults? I don’t really want an audience” he asked

“I suppose so” I agreed. I also didn’t relish the idea of everyone hearing us talking.

I opened the door and allowed him inside.

“Rowena…” he started and reached out towards me, his best panty dropping smile on his face.

“No Nick, I’ve allowed you in to talk, and talk is what we’re going to do. I’m no pushover!” I said and crossed my arms across my chest. He was looking incredibly sexy though. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows and his tie was loosened. I could just push him up against the wall and… No Rowena, concentrate!

“I know you aren’t, in fact that’s one of the many reasons why I love you. You give as good as you get and don’t stand for my shit. But that’s not why we’re here…is it?” he said.

“No, it’s not” I replied, still not wavering in the slightest, but I did offer him a cup of tea or coffee and asked if he wanted to go into the living room and sit down instead of standing in the doorway.

He stood in the kitchen with me whilst I made our drinks and then followed me into the living room. I sat down first and he sat next to me, turning his body towards mine so that we could look at each other whilst we spoke. He didn’t sit too close though, there was a bit of a gap between us, I was glad of that.

“Rowena, earlier today, it was a complete misunderstanding. You have to believe me. That’s not what I meant at all. I was just trying to protect you from office gossip, that’s all” he began.

“I’m sure I can handle myself Nick” I snorted “but can you handle it? I think it’s yourself you’re more concerned about here, your precious image”.

“OK, that’s a fair comment; I am concerned for myself too. But you have to understand that I’m not used to this, I don’t do this…dating thing…it’s all new to me” he said “I suppose I’m just being cautious. You have to understand me Row; I don’t mean to be a prick…”

“You just can’t seem to help it” I snorted again, interrupting him.

He looked at me.

“You made me feel cheap and unwanted” I said.

“And for that I can’t apologise enough. Rowena, I mean what I say, but I just wanted us to get to know each other better and be a couple for a bit longer before we let the whole world in on it. Plus, I’m your boss, how do you think it would look if we were all over each other in view of the office? It wouldn’t look very professional would it? All I’m saying is we carry on as normal in the office. Is that so much to ask?” he said, lowering his head down to his hands.

“I want us to get to know each other better too” I said smiling. I didn’t particularly want to broadcast to everyone that we were together; I knew it was all still too new, I just wanted him to treat me with some respect, no matter where we were. I’d hated feeling so insignificant to him when we were in the office, but I had to agree that we had to keep up the professional image of the company too.

“Good” he said and took my hand in his “we could start by going out for dinner, if you’d like to of course”

“I’d love to” I replied “just let me get changed first”

“You look perfect as you are y’know” he said and winked

I rolled my eyes at him and told him to wait there whilst I made myself look more presentable. Once I was in my bedroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. My make-up was non-existent and my hair needed a brush. I quickly made myself look decent and returned to the living room where Nick was sat with his arms behind his head. As soon as he saw me he stood up and smiled.

“Ready to go?” he asked

“Yeah” I said

“What do you fancy to eat?” he asked

You! I smiled and then told him I didn’t mind. He took my hand in his and led me to his car.

“How about Italian?” he asked

“Perfect” I replied.

We drove to a little Italian restaurant on the outskirts of town, the food was supposed to be great there, although I’d never been, just heard from friends.

“Table for two please” Nick requested and we waited to be seated, it was lucky that they actually had room for us without booking first.

After looking at the menu for a few minutes, I decided on the lasagne whilst Nick chose steak. We ordered drinks and for a moment just sat there looking at each other. Then the conversation began to flow and before long, all was forgiven. When I listened to Nick’s point of view, I realised that I’d misunderstood him. I couldn’t expect him to be all smiles and kisses every minute of the day. It just wasn’t possible. He was often under a lot of pressure in work and we really did have to separate our personal lives from our business ones, to a certain extent anyway!

We ate our food and then Nick insisted once again on paying the bill, I offered him my share, but he wouldn’t hear of it. I made a promise to myself that I’d treat him next time and wouldn’t take no for an answer.

We drove back towards my place and I felt as if we’d got a lot resolved tonight and also got to know each other some more.

“Do you want to come in?” I asked as we pulled up outside.

“As much as I’d love to, I’d better go home” he said “I don’t want you to think I expect anything from you”

We both knew he was referring to the ‘only want you for sex’ comment I’d made earlier. Part of me felt gutted for his gentlemanly behaviour. I wanted nothing more than to rip his clothes off.

“I know you don’t Nick” I said and he leaned over and kissed me gently on the lips, building up into a more passionate kiss.

“My god Row, I’m trying to be this perfect gentleman, but all I want to do is carry you up to your bedroom and make love to you” he said huskily after breaking free from our kiss.

“What are we waiting for then?” I teased. He didn’t need any further prompt and we quickly exited the car and made our way up to my apartment.

End Notes:
She just can't resist the Carter charm!
Chapter 18 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
This chapter contains a lot of sex, I just hope it's not too much!

Chapter 18

“You know, we never had dessert did we?” I said teasingly as I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair, then whispered in his ear “I think I can think of something though”.

“Oh yeah, and what were you thinking” he said pulling back a little so that he could look into my eyes, his eyebrow rising in curiosity.

“Hmm, I have an idea or two” I grinned.

True to his word, Nick actually carried me into the apartment, hardly breaking his lips free from mine the whole way.

“Mmm” we both murmured as we kissed passionately, tongues dancing together.

I pulled away from his kiss just long enough to get through the door; Nick kicked it closed behind him. He placed me down and pinned me up against the wall, his strong arms holding my hands up above my head whilst he kissed down my neck.

“Now, where were we?” he said huskily “oh yes, dessert” and then he brought his lips crashing back down onto mine, taking my lower lip in between his and sucking gently, then slid his tongue into my mouth and kissed me hungrily. An idea suddenly came into my head as I remembered dessert. A Nick Carter ice cream sundae.

I put on a CD and we began kissing again, then we slowly began undressing each other, kissing every part we uncovered. Before long, we were completely naked and aching for each other, but I still longed for an ice cream sundae. A Nick ice cream sundae. My mouth was practically watering at the thought of it.

“Wait there, I’ll be right back” I said, breaking free from his embrace and climbing off his lap. He looked at me puzzled but I just told him to stay exactly where he was and sauntered into the kitchen.

“Oh dear, I don’t think I have any sundae dishes, and I really fancied an ice cream sundae” I said and grinned at him whilst holding a small tub of ice cream, a can of squirty cream, chocolate sauce and a dish of chopped strawberries, he looked at me puzzled again for a moment “I’ll just have to eat it off you, if you don’t mind”.

“Hmm, I think I can handle that” he said huskily, his eyes burning into mine with a look of pure lust in them.

“Good. Now lie down” I commanded and he did as I asked, lying back against the cushions.

First of all I scooped out a dollop of ice cream and placed it on his chest and stomach, spreading it out. Then I drizzled chocolate sauce all over his chest, swirling it around his nipples and then down the middle until it was just below his belly button.

“Fuck Rowena” he muttered

“Not too cold are you Nick?” I asked and looked at him with what I hoped was a sexy look.

“Fuck no” he moaned “I just want you…so fucking much”

“All in good time” I told him and shook the can of cream and squirted it all up the length of his manhood.

“Shit…oh fuck” he moaned as I licked the cream off and then licked my lips.

“God that tasted so good” I said and squirted some more on him then licked him like an ice cream until there wasn’t any trace of cream left.

“Don’t stop…oh fuck…so fucking good” he was mumbling.

I removed my mouth and told him that I wasn’t done with my sundae yet, then began licking up his body, removing every trace of chocolate sauce and ice cream. I moved my body so that I was straddling him and began to swirl my tongue around his nipples, gently tugging at them with my teeth, making him practically growl with longing.

We rolled off the sofa and onto the floor “my turn” was all he said as he reached for the chocolate sauce and the strawberries. Kneeling between my legs, he held the bottle of sauce above my body and drizzled it all over my breasts and stomach, then got one piece of strawberry and gently rubbed it up my body, circling my left breast with it before popping it into his mouth, then he did the same but fed me the piece of strawberry, the chocolate sauce dripped down my chin and he licked it off. We carried on like that for a few minutes, eating pieces of strawberry, and then he pushed me backgrounds and licked the chocolate sauce from my body, not missing a drop. Still between my legs, he roughly grabbed hold of my thighs and pulled me up slightly and plunged deep into me whilst he was in that kneeling position.

“Oh Nick…oh god” I panted as he thrust into me hard and fast. I wrapped my legs around his back to pull him in even more.

“Fuck Row, you feel so fucking good” he spoke breathlessly.

I could feel myself getting close to release and he thrust even harder into me, sending me completely over the edge.

“That’s it babe…yeah…” he grunted as his own orgasm overcame him.

After a while, we decided we ought to take a shower to rid ourselves of any stickiness left over from the chocolate sauce. We make love again in the shower, my legs around his waist as he held me against the cold tiles.

“You’re insatiable” I told him as he thrust deep into me.

“Only for you” he said as he banged into me hard, making my head knock against the tiles. He really was an animal and I couldn’t get enough of him.

After our shower, we curled up in bed and drifted off to sleep.

~*~

Nick’s POV

I woke up at about 7am and knew I had to leave, I had to get home and shower and change ready for work. Rowena looked so peaceful though, I didn’t want to wake her. I did consider just getting dressed and going, but then I thought about it and knew that was the wrong answer. So I rummaged for a piece of paper and a pen and wrote her a quick note.

You looked too peaceful to wake

Gone home to get showered and dressed

See you in work later

Nick x

I placed a gentle kiss on her cheek but she didn’t stir, then I threw on my clothes from the night before and hurried home.

End Notes:
I got the ice cream idea after looking at a menu, lol.
Chapter 19 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Here's the next bit

Chapter 19

I awoke in the morning to an empty bed, but instead of being mad and feeling unwanted like I usually would‘ve, I smiled when I noticed the folded note on the pillow where he‘d been. He does love me!

After reading his note, I quickly looked at the bedside clock and then threw back the covers and leapt out of bed, I was going to be so late for work this morning if I didn’t get a move on.

I had the fastest shower ever, dressed quickly, not even bothering to style my hair as usual, but instead just tying it back simply. A little bit of make-up and my shoes on, and I was good to go. I might just make it in time, although I’m sure the boss won’t mind! Just thinking about my sexy boss made me smile, hmm, last night had been incredible, more than incredible…awesome, mind blowing, fan-fucking-tastic more like it.

“Rowena…hold that elevator” I heard Nick call as the elevator doors were closing. I reached out and pressed the button to stop the doors from closing and in walked Adonis himself, two cups of coffee and a McDonald’s paper bag in his hands.

“Thought you might need this” he said handing one of the cups to me. He was right, I did need it. I’d not had time for any breakfast this morning.

“Mmm, thanks Nick” I said as I took the cup from his hand, our fingers grazing against each others. God, even after hardly any sleep, he still looked gorgeous, with his unshaven face and that freshly showered smell about him. I had to remind myself that we were not alone in the elevator, and so stopped gazing at him.

“There’s also this” he said, handing me a wrapper out of the McDonalds bag “I didn’t know what you’d like so I just got you a bacon and egg McMuffin, sorry it’s nothing fancy”

“Thanks” I replied once again “it’s just what I need”. A bacon and egg McMuffin would go down nicely, I was absolutely starved.

He moved closer and brought his lips to my ear and whispered “because I don’t know about you, but I’m starving after last night” and then he gently kissed behind my ear. I blushed slightly, not used to such public displays of affection from Nick, but hoping that they would carry on.

We stepped out of the elevator when the doors pings open and walked into the office together, talking the whole time and not paying attention to anyone around us.

“Well Rowena, enjoy your breakfast, I’ll see you in a little while, we’ve got a busy day ahead and I’ll be in and out of the office for most of it” he said.

“I’ll be in with your mail shortly” I told him and sat down at my desk. He gave me one last look and then walked into his office, leaving the door open for a change.

I switched on my computer whilst hungrily eating my McDonalds and sipping my coffee, god it tasted so good, I didn’t usually eat stuff like this.

“Someone’s in a good mood today” said Kayla stopping by my desk and looking over towards Nick’s office, a smirk on her face.

“Yeah” I replied and smiled at my friend.

“So everything OK?” she asked “because yesterday I heard you left early”

“Everything is perfect Kay…yesterday was a…misunderstanding” I told her all about it, leaving out the ice cream sundae part obviously!

“Well, I suppose I better get on with some work” she said eventually, and moved off of my desk “I’ll see you later, maybe lunch time, if you aren’t too busy with lover boy in there” she looked over towards Nick’s office.

“Yeah Kay, I’ll see you later…maybe” I grinned and she walked away.

I had a lot to go through this morning, partly due to the fact that I’d walked out yesterday afternoon and just left everything undone. I made quick work of the mail and the various emails, checked Nick’s schedule for the day to make sure he was aware of everything, and then headed over to his office.

“Here you go” I said placing the papers down on his desk “don’t forget, your 11 o’clock meeting is now rescheduled for 11.30”

“What would I do without you Row?” he said and got up from his leather chair, moved over to the door and closed it. “Now, I seem to remember that I left without giving you a kiss this morning” he murmured as he pulled me into his arms and kissed me softly.

“Nick” I protested “we’re in work remember”

“So” he said with a shrug and a crooked smile “never stopped us before did it? Remember the desk?” he raised a perfect eyebrow.

“But what about ‘mixing business with pleasure’ you said yesterday…” I asked but he interrupted.

“Fuck it” he said “I wasn’t thinking yesterday” he ran his hands down my back and rested them on my bum.

“But…” I began

“I know” he said “of course we have to be careful not to get caught and of course we have to behave professionally as much as possible…but there’s no harm in kissing my girlfriend when I’ve got chance is there?”

“Girlfriend?” I grinned.

“Well yeah” he replied “if you want to be!”

“Then there’s no harm at all” I replied and pulled him closer to me, wrapping my arms around him “now, unless you want to be late for your meeting, I suggest we carry this on later”

“OK” he said “I’ll see you later on, if you’re not doing anything tonight that is”

“Nothing at all” I replied.

~*~

Over the next few weeks, things between myself and Nick just got better and better. We saw a lot of each other, either he came to mine or I went to his place (which was just stunning), or we went out. He took me to restaurants, movies, romantic walks on the beach, we went to see one of his favourite bands in concert and I became a convert, we strolled through the park and ate ice cream, and just all those things you want to do with the person you love.

The work environment was also a lot more comfortable and everyone noticed the change in Nick. No longer was he the bastard boss from hell, but actually an approachable kind of man now. Of course, he still had his moments when things didn’t go his way, but he wasn’t as bad tempered as he used to be, and he credited me with that. I learnt that a lot of his temper had been due to frustration and from not wanting to feel the way he did about me, he thought that giving in to the way he felt was a sign of weakness. As soon as he’d given in to his feelings, everything fell into place.

Then one day, I walked into the office and saw his door closed and heard raised voices coming from his office.

“What’s going on in there?” I asked Carly, who happened to be in the room.

“I’m not sure. Some blonde woman went marching in there about twenty minutes ago and then all hell broke loose, they’ve been shouting non-stop” Carly replied.

“Who is she? Is she a client?” I asked, although I doubted Nick would be yelling at a client like that, despite the fact he’d only had four hours sleep due to a rather late night spent making love in my bed.

“I don’t know who she is, never seen her before” Carly replied.

I didn’t know whether to interrupt or leave them to it, but then all went quiet. Stuff it, I’m going in.

I knocked on the door and then pushed it open to find some beautiful blonde woman draped over my boyfriend. I froze on the spot, completely shocked and unable to move.

“Rowena…it’s not what you think…I can explain” he began and still I just stood there.

“Nick? Who the hell is this person and what’s she doing just walking in to your office?” asked the blonde woman with a smug smile on her face.

“I’m…I’m…oh forget it. You fucking bastard” I said and turned to run before the pair of them saw the tears begin to spill from my eyes.

How could he? I thought he loved me. I thought we had a good thing together, or was I mistaken? I was stupid, I’d been kidding myself these past few months.

“Rowena…please come back” he called but I didn’t turn back. I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry again.

With every ounce of control that I had, I walked out of the office and jabbed at the button to call the elevator “come on” I muttered when the elevator wasn’t arriving quickly enough. Then I decided the stairs would be a better option, I just needed to get out of here. Running to the door to the stairs, I pushed it open and began my descent, as fast as I possibly could without tripping over in these stupid heels. I heard a door open and close and then footsteps; I began to take the stairs two at a time.

“Rowena…wait…please” he called out.

Hearing his voice startled me and I somehow lost my footing, I reached for the rail but my hands slipped and I fell down the last few steps, landing in a heap at the bottom. I groaned in pain as I tried to stretch my legs out from under me, sure that I must’ve broken something.

“Oh my god, Row” he exclaimed as he reached me and knelt down beside me, pulling me into his arms.

“Let go of me you asshole” I cried.

“Let me explain, it’s not at all how it looked. That was Gabby, my ex-wife…” he started but I cut him off.

“Look Nick, who you fuck is no longer my concern, now get your hands off me” I winced in pain, and it wasn’t just the pain of my leg.

“Row, I am not fucking my ex-wife” he sounded so hurt that I’d even assumed that, but at that moment in time, I didn’t care.

“Whatever” I said.

“Look, I’m taking you to the hospital to get that leg looked at” he said, gently helping me up and supporting me “we can talk about this when you’re calmer”

We didn’t say another word on the way there; I closed my eyes and tried to pretend he wasn’t there, that he didn’t exist. Once we arrived, I was taken to A & E where my leg was examined and x-rayed.

“Well Miss Bloom, lucky for you it’s just a sprain, a few days rest and you‘ll be as good as new” said the rather gorgeous young doctor by the name of Dr Cullen as he stood looking at the x-rays.

“Thanks” I smiled as he handed me a prescription for some pain killers.

I hobbled out of the emergency room to find Nick still there, sitting with his head in his hands, looking so defeated and helpless, it made my heart ache.

“Nick? Why are you still here?” I asked quietly.

“Oh Row, thank god! I’ve been so worried sitting here, not knowing how bad your leg was…” he rambled.

“I’m OK” I replied “it’s just a sprain”

“I’m sorry” he said and looked at me through the most sincere eyes I’d ever seen, and I knew that I’d give him a chance to explain.

“Come on then, you can take me home and tell me all about it” I said. I didn’t know exactly what he was going to tell me, but I owed it to him to listen.

End Notes:
Sorry for the wait, hope this chapter was OK!
Chapter 20 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Really sorry for the delay, but I hope you're still with me!

Chapter 20

Nick’s POV

These past few weeks with Rowena have been perfect in every way. Not only are we sexually compatible, but on every level we just seem to click. It’s something I’ve never experienced before and something I never want to experience with anyone else.

In fact, I’ve even been considering taking that next step, asking her to move in with me, but the only thing holding me back is whether this is too soon. There’s nothing I’d like more than to have her in my life permanently, waking up to see her naked and sprawled out in my bed every morning, all mine! I wanted the works – marriage, kids, the whole lot. Maybe I was going soft or something, but this woman made me want these things, and I fucking loved it. I loved the way she made me feel. She made me feel whole.

I was even performing better in work and I think that was all due to Rowena too, she made me a better person and that in turn, drew in more clients and helped my relationships with our existing clients. Not that the business ever suffered, I was after all good at my job, but this new me was a better me.

Then once again, just when I finally seemed to have everything under control, it all turned to shit.

I walked into the office one morning to be told that I had a visitor in my office.

“Who is it?” I asked the receptionist.

“I’m sorry Mr Carter, she wouldn’t give me her name, she just barged in and said she wasn’t going anywhere until she’d seen you” she replied.

“It’s OK, I’ll deal with this” I said and strode towards my office, noticing that the door was closed. Hmm, who the fuck could this be?

I imagined opening my office door to find Rowena naked and waiting on my desk. I even got excited at the thought. But the excitement soon vanished as there in my office was not the goddess of my fantasies, but my ex-wife Gabby.

“What are you doing here?” I hissed at her.

“Nice to see you too ex-hubby dearest” she said from my chair. My fucking chair!

“You haven’t come here on a social visit, now what do you want?” I asked, my temper beginning to flare “surely there is nothing left to say that’s not already been said”

“Actually, I’ve come to tell you that I’m getting married” she said

“Who’s the unlucky bastard this time?” I asked, not really giving a fuck.

“Actually…it’s Joey” she said.

“I thought you broke up with him?” I asked, remembering that he’s lost a great deal of his money and she hadn’t wanted to know him then.

“Well, that was just a little misunderstanding” she said and lowered her gaze to the floor “in fact, I’m here because we’d both like you to be at the wedding, well, I’ll re-phrase that, Joey would like you to be there. He misses you Nick, you’re one of his best friends”.

“Should’ve thought about our friendship before he started fucking about with you then” I yelled.

We began shouting at each other, I called her all the names under the sun and she held her own and called me a few names back. Nothing was getting resolved like this, but we couldn’t seem to stop ourselves, we needed to get this off our chests.

“Please Nick?” she asked “I know you must miss him too”

“I do” I replied honestly.

“Then can we just put this behind us? You and I weren’t meant to be, but you and Joey shouldn’t have to suffer because of past mistakes. Please, just give him a call?” she asked and I knew what she was saying made sense. I didn’t belong with Gabby; I don’t think I ever belonged with her. She was much better suited to Joey and I could see that now.

“OK, I’ll call him” I said “and Gabby…congratulations”

She threw herself at me in a friendly embrace, nothing sexual about it. But at that exact moment, my office door swung open and in walked Rowena. Fuck! I knew what this must look like to her, I knew I had to explain and do so fast. Fuckety, fuckety, fuck!

“Rowena…it’s not what you think…I can explain” I began but then Gabby went and opened her big mouth and made things worse than they already were, if that was possible.

“Nick? Who the hell is this person and what’s she doing just walking in to your office?” asked Gabby. I sent her dagger looks, she was fucking this up for me big time.

“I’m…I’m…oh forget it. You fucking bastard” Rowena said and turned to flee my office.

I couldn’t really blame her for her outburst; I’d have come to the same conclusion if the roles had been reversed. In fact, even thinking of her with another man made me angry.

“Rowena…please come back” I called after her, but of course, she didn’t. She was far too stubborn for that.

“Nick, you didn’t answer my question” said Gabby “who is she?”

“For fucks sake Gabby, you just made this a lot harder for me” I said, dragging my hands through my hair “if you must know - which of course is none of your damn business – she’s my girlfriend”

“Oh right” Gabby replied quietly “I’m sorry for being a complete bitch to her, I just thought she was some nosey employee”

“Well, you should’ve thought before you spoke” I said in annoyance and ran out of the room after her.

The elevator doors opened when I got there, so I knew that she either had to have taken the stairs or the other elevator. Deciding to go with my gut instinct, I headed for the stairs. I’d been right to go with my gut. I heard her quick footsteps and called out to her.

“Rowena…wait…please”

She didn’t stop, if anything, she picked up the pace and then I heard a loud thud and Rowena crying out. She must’ve fallen in her haste to get away from me; I just hoped she was alright.

“Oh my god, Row” I exclaimed pulling her into my arms.

“Let go of me you asshole” she cried.

“Let me explain, it’s not at all how it looked. That was Gabby, my ex-wife…” I began to try and explain myself but she cut me off.

“Look Nick, who you fuck is no longer my concern, now get your hands off me” she said with obvious pain.

“Row, I am not fucking my ex-wife” I said. How could she even think that? Didn’t she realise how much she meant to me? I was offended.

“Whatever” she said.

I took her to the hospital to get her leg looked at, I was sure she must’ve broken it. When we arrived, Rowena was taken to A & E, leaving me in the corridor wondering what to do next. I decided the best place to start was by giving her details in at the desk and then taking a seat in the waiting room. I’d wait all day and night if I had to.

A little while later she came hobbling out into the corridor, some good looking charmer of a doctor hovering over her, all smiles and niceness. Hands off asshole!

She looked up and saw me, surprise registering on her face, then she turned back to the doctor and said something I couldn’t hear. I was jealous as hell.

“Nick? Why are you still here?” she asked quietly.

“I was worried” I replied.

She told me it was just a sprain and I apologised. We left the building, headed for her place where I was going to explain everything.

End Notes:
I won't keep you waiting long for the next bit, I promise! Thanks for reading :)
Chapter 21 by Carter-Orange
Author's Notes:
Here's the last chapter!

Chapter 21

Epilogue

It’s been eighteen months since I sprained my ankle and we had that talk, along with lots and lots of hot and steamy make up sex. A lot has happened in that time. One of those things was moving in with Nick shortly after the incident, it just made sense as we spent so much time together at either my place or his. Why keep paying for two houses?

There have also been a few surprises along the way, but I wouldn’t trade what I have right now for anything in the world. I’ve never been happier in my life.

Shortly after our talk, Nick did indeed contact Joey and they arranged to meet up for a drink and try to mend their broken friendship. I don’t know exactly what was said but Nick told me more or less how it had gone. It took a while, but he and Joey eventually struck up a comfortable friendship again. They weren’t as close as they had been in the past, which was totally understandable. I think there were still a few trust issues, but they were getting there. Gabby and Joey are now married and very happy together, they were obviously made for each other (now that he’s hit the big time and can give her everything she could possibly need) and although we didn’t go to the wedding (it had been too soon in Nick and Joey’s new friendship at the time), we’d wished them all the best.

So now, I’m sitting here waiting for Nick to come home from work, it’s been a long day and I’m tired out. I no longer work for Nick. I have a different kind of job to do now.

Our baby, Ellie, is now two months old and keeps me busy most of the day, but she does sleep at night and has done right from day one, which is lucky so I‘m told! She wasn’t planned, and came as quite a surprise to us both when I realised I was pregnant, but once we’d got over that initial shock, we were thrilled. Nick is the perfect father and I just know that she’s going to be a Daddy’s girl and have him wrapped around her little finger in a few years. She’s already smiling whenever he picks her up for a cuddle.

As for the wild sex life we had before Ellie – nothing could tame that! I have surprised him with a trip to his office (without Ellie obviously) and we closed and locked the door behind us. But we don’t usually sneak around like that anymore…well…not much anyway!

And marriage, who needs it! I love Nick and he loves me. A piece of paper and a wedding ring isn’t going to change that. But if he did happen to change his views on marriage and propose to me, then I’d happily accept his offer.

THE END

End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it :)
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10426