Fairytaled by Pengi
Summary:

It's a fairy tale like you never heard it before...

In a magical forrest, far far away, where the Miniroks live, there was a Wood Fairy King who discovered Brian's need for help. And now, with his good friend Sir Nicksalot, Brian must find the location of the missing Princess Leighanne before the evil Queen can take over the Kingdom of Fail.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Group, Nick
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7321 Read: 12769 Published: 01/11/11 Updated: 01/09/12
Chapter 2: The King of Fail by Pengi
Chapter 2
The King of Fail


"Aw, even I know not to say anything about them being on the rag!" Nick crowed, "Dude, you -- you are the king of fail. The king, Brian. You don't just reside in kingdom of Fail, you friggin rule over it."

I have no idea why, of all the people I know, I called Nick to discuss my problems, but low and behold, here I was, sitting forlornly on the sofa, hugging my knees, a blanket pulled around me and the cushions huddled up together behind my back. I sighed. Nick, my single, crazy-ass best friend, whose longest relationship was shorter than the expiration date on my current gallon of milk in the fridge, was now crowing and calling me a relationship failure.

Me, his married-for-ten-years buddy.

"I know, I broke the cardinal rule."

"Dude, the only thing you could've done to make it worse was call her fat and ask if she'd consider a threesome," Nick laughed, "You're a jackass, dude."

"You're really not great at the cheering people up thing are you?" I asked miserably.

"Oh is that what I'm supposed to do?" he laughed, "Sorry, my bad. Lemme try again..." he paused, hummed a moment, then said, "Y'know, there really is no positive spin I can put on this, dude. You're screwed."

Actually I was the opposite of screwed, but I wasn't about to go into that detail with Nick. Not Nick. Anyone in the world but Nick.

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Troubleshoot," he said.

Figures he'd come up with some technical-computer-savvy term to respond with. "How?" I asked.

"Did you clean up the mess?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, so go like - go do all her chores. Y'know? Vacuum, do the laundry, mop the floor, clean the toilet. Do whatever."

I scowled, "Nick it's like eleven o'clock at night, I'm not gonna go do all that shit right now..."

I could almost hear him shrug through the phone, that's how well I know him, I knew he was shrugging. "Well," he said, "Man then you're screwed."

With a sigh I stood up, "Do you even know how to make a washing machine work?"

"Okay Brian, heres' the thing about you and me..." Nick said, "I pay people to do my laundry. Just cause you are all domesticated family-like over there and acting like you're the Cleavers from the 1950's or something doesn't mean I know how to make your machines run. Alls I know is you can't put clorox in a Downy ball. That's all I know."

I shook my head.

"Seriously dude, do it. Troubleshoot."

Nick hung up and I sat there, staring at the mess. I sighed. "This is so stupid," I murmured. I flumped back down into the sofa cushions. I stared at the smiling faces on the Enchanted menu and thought about how freaking happy everyone always is in fairy tales. I shook my head.

Stupid fairy tales...
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10434