Sinister Night by summer03
Summary: Howie can't sleep what happens when AJ is added to the mix?


(My response to the March challenge)
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie
Genres: Dramedy, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 971 Read: 742 Published: 03/07/11 Updated: 03/07/11

1. Chapter 1 by summer03

Chapter 1 by summer03
Another hotel and again no sleep, god I hate not being able to sleep. I usually can sleep with a snap of fingers. Yet today is different, I guess it’s the fact that I am alone family wise.

I mean we always say we are family the guys and I but still we need our space once in a while. I wanted to call Leigh but I knew she was busy. I decided to go ahead work on some of the other plans we had as BSB.

The thing is that when your body is tired but your eyes just can’t shutdown you really can’t concentrate with work so this is where my night gets weird. I know the best way to get sleepy is by reading but for some reason I have nothing worthwhile to read. Till I glance to the coffee table in my suite and see my laptop.

Bingo. I can definitely find something to read or play. As my computer comes to life I get comfortable on the plush couch, hoping sleep gets to me soon.

I start to think that maybe I should’ve gone out with AJ and Nick. Finally I open up Mozilla and the Google search came up. Just then the knock on my door startles me and so I put my laptop aside and go see who it is.

I groan when I see AJ’s smile through the peephole. “What AJ.” I say as I open the door. He doesn’t wait for me to invite him he just walks in and plops on my couch! “Hey I was sitting there.” I protest making him slide over.

“I can’t believe your awake,” he tells me all wired up. “I had to come back I’ve had to much sugar and now I am wired up. I couldn’t stay at the club anymore you know I don’t want slip.” I rolled my eyes and was about to close my laptop when he stopped me.

“What are you doing?” he only smiles at me and takes my laptop.

“Where you going to look up some porn Howie? Did I come in a bad time?” he asked curiously with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes, “No I am not you AJ.” I told him as I whacked his arm. “Don’t you dare look up porn in my computer AJ, I don’t want any viruses.”

“Relax I am going to look us up.” He said typing Backstreet Boys on the search engine. “Let’s have some fun.” He said as he looked at all the websites that came up.

I leaned over curiously and he clicked on a website, Absolute Chaos. “What is that?” I asked as the site loaded.

“It’s a site that has fanfiction about us.” He stated like he had been there before. “Mostly Nick, but some of them are good.”

I snatched my computer back and looked at the website. It was well put and I had to admit it looked interesting, I mean for crying out loud it was three in the morning. “I bet there is a ton about you…” I said as I choose AJ as the main character and waited for the stories to come up.

“Wait what are you doing this was my idea.” AJ protested.

“Yeah but its my computer,” I said as I looked down the list that came up. “Ooh a lot of romance stories here AJe,” I said grinning. That’s when I saw it the picture looked good, “Sinister Devotion.” I said reading the summary. “Ooh a bad AJ.” AJ did look kind of scary in that picture from the video Incomplete.

“And it has nothing to do with me as a Backstreet boy.” AJ said also reading the summary.

So I clicked the link, “Let’s see what all this is about.”

I began to read and before I knew it I was into the story. AJ or should say Jack. “Man AJ you sort of look like a Jack.” I commented.

This story was addicting and I was so into it that I didn’t mind that AJ’s chin was resting on my shoulder while he read. What did annoy me was when he took longer to read a chapter and I had to wait for him to finish.

My god I was a bad guy as well in this story even if I did die. “I can’t believe you keep getting away from all these people trying to kill you and with that girl. I think you are beginning to fall in love AJ.” I said and that was when I saw that AJ had fallen asleep and I realized that it was already seven in the morning. I wanted to keep reading but I sort felt like I should at least get an hour nap.

During the day all I kept thinking was about the story and if Jack would be able to save Crystal. Even if it was a love story at the same time the action in it made me want to finish this story find out how it ended.

That night at rehearsals AJ finally approached me, “Hey did you finish the story?” he asked looking around as if he didn’t want anyone to know.

“No,” I was planning to though as soon as we went back to the hotel. “Later I’m only a few chapters away from the end.”

“Cool meet you at your room around eleven?” he asked right before Brian passed by. “Hey Bri,” he said subtly.

“OK yeah bring coffee.” I said as I walked away. I was glad he thought the same about not letting the other guys in our new little secret…
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10498