When I Grow Up by DelphinaCarter
Past Featured StorySummary:

Thank you Evergreenwriter83 for the banner!

At the age of 13, Nick Carter wanted nothing more than ot be treated like an adult. When he gets his wish...he will realize being a grown up isn't as much fun as he thought it would be...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Kevin, Howie, Group, Brian, AJ
Genres: Humor, Dramedy
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 10805 Read: 21417 Published: 06/08/11 Updated: 07/26/11
Story Notes:
This concept is loosely based on 13 going on 30. I have never seen the movie but thought it was a fun idea to try so I could use some comments on this. Thanks for reading.

1. Chapter 1 by DelphinaCarter

2. Chapter 2 by DelphinaCarter

3. Chapter 3 by DelphinaCarter

4. Chapter 4 by DelphinaCarter

5. Chapter 5 by DelphinaCarter

6. Chapter 6 by DelphinaCarter

7. Chapter 7 by DelphinaCarter

8. Chapter 8 by DelphinaCarter

9. Chapter 9 by DelphinaCarter

10. Chapter 10 by DelphinaCarter

11. Chapter 11 by DelphinaCarter

12. Chapter 12 by DelphinaCarter

Chapter 1 by DelphinaCarter
Chapter 1

"Kevin, I'm not a baby anymore! I'm 13. Why do I always stay behind?" Nick whined. They had been having this argument all day. At 22, Kevin felt like he had aged ten years during the fighting.

"I know you want to come but you're simply not old enough. AJ can't go either, why don't you hang out with him?"

"AJ's boring. He doesn't understand me....how come Brian gets to go?" Nick whined again, pouting as he crossed his arms.

"Your mom told me you can't go out late. So either hang out with AJ or go to bed." Kevin told him wisely. Nick scowled at his older bandmate. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and sighed.

"When I grow up I am gonna stay out as late as I want to!" he shouted.

"That won't be for a while, Nicky. Stay out of trouble...Lou wouldn't like us screwing up our first tour." Kevin told him wisely. Nick crossed his arms and scowled as he watched Kevin walk away.

"Stay out of trouble...easy for him to say. He's 21..." Nick mumbled to himself. He hated being 13 sometimes. He wasn't allowed out on his own...he couldn't have a girlfriend because the record label didn't want him to. He couldn't do anything without permission from his mother who didn't seem to care...Nick wanted more than anything for people to treat him like a grown up and not a teenager.

"I don't get it, AJ. Why do they act like we are little kids?" Nick asked some time later when they were hanging out in their hotel room.

"Dude....we are kids still if you think about it. I'm 15 and you're 13. We can't do jack shit until we turn 18, bro." AJ said as he took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

"You aren't old enough to smoke. How did you get those?" Nick asked, frowning at him as he lit one and puffed at it....puffed as if he had been smoking for a long time.

"I have my ways. Want one? You look like you could use one to calm down." AJ said, holding it out to him.

"But...but I don't smoke." Nick said.

"Just try it..."

"Okay..." Nick said as he reached for it. The door to the hotel room opened and Kevin came in, scowling when he saw the cigarettes.

"I will take that." he snapped, snatching them out of AJ's hand.

"Hey!" AJ said, looking angry. Kevin put them in his pocket and shook his head at the two of them.

"How dare you force your habits on Nick like that? You should know better! Nick is at an impressionable age..."

"Kevin...I'm 13, not five. Stop treating me like I'm a baby!" Nick shouted.

"When you are older, you will thank me for looking out for you. Now your mothers left me in charge of you on the road...I expect you two to listen. No more smoking, AJ." Kevin said sternly as AJ rolled his eyes. As soon as Kevin left the room, AJ took another one out and lit it.

"Kevin said..." Nick started, but AJ laughed.

"Fuck what Kevin said, okay? Now you and I will have a real party." he said as he took a few bottles of beer from under his bed and tossed one to Nick.

"Beer?" he asked in awe. He took a sip and started to gag, it did not taste very good to him at all but he kept drinking it anyway. After a while he felt calmer.

"That's it...now doesn't it feel good to do what you want?" AJ asked, laughing.

"I guess...but we shouldn't be drinking." Nick reasoned. The two of them drank until AJ was passed out on the bed nearby and Nick felt sick to his stomach.

"Oh god, I'm gonna hurl." he whispered, running to the bathroom to vomit. As he lay on the bathroom floor, dizziness washed over him and he dreamed of being an adult and on his own...it seemed so far away...but he wished it wasn't.
Chapter 2 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Back with Chapter two! Enjoy!
Chapter 2


Nick woke up feeling queasy and nauseous. He opened his eyes and found himself laying in a large bed....he wondered how he got from the bathroom to the bed. The sheets covering him were satin and it was then he realized he was naked. He shivered as he looked around the room, it was large and much nicer than the room he had passed out in. Did they move rooms overnight? He didn't think the hotel was this nice.

"I am never taking beer from AJ again..." Nick mumbled as he woke up. He felt a hand moving on his chest and jumped as he spotted a woman laying next to him....her slender arm draped over his abdomen.

Nick's eyes snapped open as he sat up straight. The woman was pretty, long black hair down past her shoulders. A horrified yelp escaped his lips as he tossed her off of his body....she toppled out of the bed and landed on the floor with a soft thud. Nick backed away from the bed, frightened as he stared....his body trembling.


"What the hell is wrong with you, Nick?" the woman asked...holding a sheet over her chest. Nick couldn't answer....he tilted his head sideways and gaped at her...his mouth hanging open stupidly.

"You're pretty." he said, grinning.

"You're not so bad yourself, Carter." the woman said with a wry giggle as she walked towards him.

"Hey...who are you? Why are you in my room? Kevin said we can't have girls in our rooms...and where is AJ?" Nick asked in confusion, running a hand through his hair. It didn't feel right to him.....it felt shorter.

"Since when do you listen to Kevin? Did he call you from LA?" the woman laughed.

"Who are you?" Nick asked in panicked tones.

"Lauren, your girlfriend. What's wrong with you?" she replied, looking at him with concern.

"I don't know you...get out of my room!" Nick shouted. Lauren picked up her clothes, dressed quickly and left Nick to himself.

"What's going on?" he asked aloud, feeling frustrated. He looked through his clothes but everything was so big. It was as if someone had switched all his suitcases, he couldn't find any of his things.

"Nick? Are you okay in there?" a voice asked in the hallway. It sounded like Brian but the voice was a little different than Nick remembered.

"Yeah I'm fine...." Nick said, opening the door to see him standing there.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Brian asked. Nick was shocked to see how Brian looked...he was almost the same but you could see he had aged gracefully.

"YOU'RE OLD!" Nick shouted in surprise without thinking.

"Nice observation, dumbass! Now let's go, we have tour rehearsal." Brian snapped, annoyed with him. Nick bounded after him down the hall, wondering how he was now taller than his best friend.

"How did you get so short?" Nick asked. Brian turned to him and shook his head as they went into the elevator.

"Nick, are you being serious or are you playing with me? Cause I am not amused right now. I am very tired and I'm not in the mood for this." he said, yawning. Nick was puzzled. Brian wasn't acting like he remembered...he was now grumpy and tired. The old Brian would have made jokes with him. Nick was quiet all the way to the dance studio where their rehearsal was.

"No mirrors today, guys." the choreographer said, grinning. The others were standing there but Nick noticed that Kevin wasn't in the room. He looked at AJ and Howie, they both appeared much older than when he saw them last. AJ was covered in piercing and tattoos, his nails painted black and wore eyeliner...and Howie hadn't changed much, he was just older.

"Let's practice the new songs first..." Brian said, sipping at his coffee.

"Aren't we going to wait for Kevin?" Nick asked suddenly. The other guys stared as if he had two heads.

"Kevin? Nick....Kevin isn't here. Since when do you want to talk to Kevin? I thought you weren't talking to him." AJ replied, laughing.

"Whoa! Kevin's not here? I can stay up as late as I want?" Nick asked excitedly. Everyone laughed.

"Yeah even past midnight if you want to!" AJ joked.

"Haha, that was good....okay let's get started." Brian said. Music played form a stereo nearby. Nick didn't recognize the song and couldn't follow the dance steps, he looked on in confusion.

"Nick, come on, this is your verse." Howie said impatiently.

"It is? I just realized that this song makes no sense. Shorty must live under a rock. She has no cable or radio....is Shorty Amish?" Nick asked as everyone laughed.

"Nick, seriously? Okay...let's do I Want It That Way. I'm sure you know that one at least." the choreographer suggested, sighing. Nick still didn't know the song and when it was time to sing his part he froze, his eyes watering as they stared at him.

"Again?" Howie commented, shaking his head.

"Nick...tour is starting this week. Stop screwing up!" Brian scolded him.


"I....I...." Nick muttered as he looked at all the angry faces glaring at him and ran out of the room, sobbing.

"What the fuck just happened?" AJ asked as he left.

"I don't know....do you think he's doing drugs again?" Brian wondered.

"Whatever he's on, that must be some fucked up shit." AJ replied.


Nick ran and ran, wiping his face as he stumbled into the bathroom and leaned against the sink, sniffling. He felt so lost, his head hurt....he didn't know what was going on and he was afraid. Nick splashed some water on his face and looked into the mirror. A loud gasp escaped his lips and he backed away, horror struck.

"What the-" he asked aloud. The reflection in the mirror didn't match. He was much taller....about 6 feet....short hair that was darker. He ran a hand through it....his mouth hanging open in shock. A tattoo of a skull and crossbones was on his wrist. He wasn't the scrawny, short teenager he had been anymore....he was looking at a man.
Chapter 3 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the feedback so far! Enjoy this update!
Chapter 3



"What the hell is going on?" Nick asked himself as he stared at his new reflection. He was much taller than when he had gone to sleep. Nick calmed down a bit and went into the bathroom stall. He held open his pants and blinked in shock at the bulge in his underwear. Everything had grown.....everything. This was not his body....he hated it.

"That...that's not mine." he stammered, looking down at himself. This body wasn't his, he never felt so awkward in his whole life. He saw a six pack stomach....defined abs...he ran his hand over his stomach and felt sick. All he could remember was drinking with AJ even though Kevin had said not to.

"Nicky?" one of the guys was in the bathroom calling his name.

"Nick's not here."

"Nick...come on. Act like an adult....you're 30." Brian said as Nick saw his feet in front of the door.

"30? I am not 30!" Nick protested, his eyes swimming with tears again. He heard more footsteps and two more pairs of feet stood in front of the bathroom stall.

"Nicky.... Stop messing around. You're 30, buddy. You just had a birthday..." Howie replied. Nick shook his head, starting to cry again.

"Where's Kevin?" he sniffed. Brian and Howie exchanged looks.

"Nick, Kevin isn't with us. What's wrong with you....what happened? Talk to me." Brian said with concern.

"I want my mom."

"Wow, he really must be upset if he wants HER." AJ whispered as Howie and Brian looked confused.

"Nick, tell us what's wrong."

"I'M OLD!" he wailed.

"Come out of there and we will finish rehearsal or take a break if you like." Brian offered. The bathroom door opened and Nick emerged, wiping his eyes.

"I want to talk to Kevin..."


"That's not gonna happen anytime soon...Kevin isn't here. He isn't with us anymore. Don't you realize that? You should know he won't come back." Howie said angrily. Nick looked around at the three of them, feeling more confused than ever.

"Kevin will come back one day..." AJ started, but Brian nudged him with his elbow.

"Someone tell me what is going on here. Is all of this a joke?" Nick asked. AJ made a circling motion near his head and Brian hit him again.

"Nobody is messing with you, Kaos. Maybe you are just tired. Are you hungry?" Brian asked in a fatherly sort of way. Nick felt a bit better but still had no idea how he ended up this way or if he would ever change back.

"Yeah, kind of." Nick replied, looking at his feet.

"Let's go get some food." Brian suggested, putting an arm around Nick's shoulders. He didn't talk to the other guys the whole way to a nearby Mc Donald's...but when it came time to order he got a lot of food, a whole tray full.

"You gonna eat all that? I thought you and Lauren were on a sushi kick right now." AJ teased, laughing.

"Sushi is nasty." Nick said, making a face. More weird looks from the others.

"That was all you talked about last week." Brian pointed out.

"I just don't eat anything that's not cooked....and who is Lauren?" Nick asked, ignoring the comments and stuffing a cheeseburger into his mouth. The others watched him with concern as he ate continuously without stopping.

"Your girlfriend....the one you have been with for a year....dude she was with you last night." AJ pointed out. Nick thought about the woman who had been in his room.

"Oh...the naked girl." he said softly. Brian almost choked on his milk shake and AJ snickered.

"Seriously, are you all right? I haven't seen you eat so much since before you lost all that weight." Howie asked. Nick chugged the last of his soda and let out a large belch.

"Weight loss? I don't know what you're talking about..." he said. All he knew was that he wanted to talk to Kevin and sort things out....there had to be an explanation for everything.
Chapter 4 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Back with a new chapter. Hope you all enjoy. Thanks for the help, you know who you are!
Chapter 4


"So are you feeling better?" Brian asked as they left the Mc Donald's. Nick did feel better but he was still confused. How did he age 17 years in one night? It did not make any sense, but he figured since he was now an adult, he would have fun.

"Do we have to go back to rehearsal?" Nick asked. He had a headache....he just needed to sort things out, this world was strange to him.

"Nick, the tour starts next week. It's kind of important...." Brian said. He wondered if something was really wrong with his friend...Brian had never seen Nick acting this way before, he was very childlike.

"So you never told me what happened to Kevin." Nick replied, ignoring him about the tour. He didn't want to think about it...all these songs he didn't know....all the choreography. It was making his head spin just thinking about everything, he wondered how he would deal with it all.

"Kevin isn't with us anymore, I told you earlier. Look....if you were going through something, you would tell me, wouldn't you?" Brian asked in a serious tone, looking him right in the eye.

"Of course." Nick said.

"Well, are you?"

"Brian, I'm fine. I guess I'm just tired or something. Can we go back to the hotel or wherever we are staying?" Nick protested. He and Brian drove back to the hotel in silence. Nick felt that everyone was worried for him but knew it was because he was not himself. He just wished he knew what he was like normally as an adult but decided to just wing it. He walked into the hotel room and the woman named Lauren was there waiting for him, grinning.

"Long day?" she asked as he sat down on the bed and sighed.

"You have no idea. Sorry about this morning." Nick replied. She was very pretty, he had to admit. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

"It's all right, baby. I know you're stressed about the tour." Lauren told him, She kissed him gently on the cheek and Nick felt safe....he had never experienced anything like this.

"I am. I don't know how this is all going to work....I can't seem to get all the moves together. The guys are angry with me." Nick told her, feeling stupid for not being able to do what the group needed him to do. He remembered all of the old choreography, but now it seemed like they had changed the moves for all of what AJ called "the old songs".

"I know what could make you feel better." Lauren said, grinning. She started to kiss him deeply...running her hand through his hair. Nick smiled and just went with it....it felt wonderful. He felt his blood rise when she moved to his neck and shoulder...

"How does that feel?" Lauren said as she massaged his shoulders and kissed him, sitting behind him on the bed. Nick didn't say anything he just sighed with content. Lauren then began to remove his pants....his underwear...

"Whoa! Hey....what are you....what are you doing down there?" he stammered, feeling her hand on his crotch. Lauren looked at him in surprise, her eyes watchful. The expression on Nick's face was terror.

"I thought...." she began but Nick was panicking.

"You thought??? I don't know you....and you...." he said softly...his eyes watering. He pulled his pants back on and backed away from her, shaking his head.

"Nick...I thought you loved me. What about last night when we were together? Everything was so perfect...." she said, moving close to him. Nick saw a ring on her finger and a thought occurred to him.

"Did I give that to you?" he asked suddenly. Lauren looked at her hand and smiled. Nick felt horrible for not knowing what happened. He wished he did....but it seemed like his life was a lot different now than it was back when he was 13.

"Yes...last night. Don't you remember? We had a really nice dinner and you asked me to marry you.....baby what happened? You are scaring me." Lauren told him. Nick got up and walked out of the room, feeling more confused than ever.

"Dude, you okay? You look like your dog just died." AJ asked him when they met in the hallway.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really need a drink." Nick said, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. AJ eyed him curiously, and they stood in silence for a few minutes.

"Look....I will come with you but I thought you stopped doing that." he whispered.

"What are you talking about?" Nick asked. The two of them went to a bar nearby and AJ watched Nick drink two beers.

"None of this makes any sense, AJ. I don't remember being engaged to her." Nick said, setting the bottle down on the counter.

"You asked Lauren to marry you? How could you not remember?" AJ asked in surprise.

"I thought we couldn't have girlfriends. How did this happen?"

"Bro, are you stuck in the 90's or something? Brian is married with a kid, so is Kevin Howie's married too. I have a girlfriend myself. Times have changed, my friend." AJ explained with a chuckle.

"Wow, I must be out of the loop. I don't think I can do this....can I have a do over?" Nick laughed, drinking again. He still didn't like the taste of beer but kept drinking anyway.

"This tastes like fizzy piss." he commented suddenly, making AJ laugh hard.

"Then why do you drink it?"

"Because you told me it would calm me down." Nick said, his voice slurring a bit.

"When did I say that? Drinking is not good at all for you." AJ protested.

"Nothing makes sense anymore!" Nick said in frustration.

"Nick, everything's gonna be okay. Just relax. This tour will be awesome. I am so stoked for the new album." AJ said as the two of them left the bar.

"I hope you're right." Nick said as he followed. He hoped he was right, maybe the steps would come to him...maybe everything would fall into place after all.
Chapter 5 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Back with a new chapter!!! Enjoy!
Chapter 5

"I am really worried about Nick, you guys...." Howie said as the guys left rehearsal late that night. Nick had messed up almost every song...he tried doing the wrong choreography for Everybody and sang the extra verse that most fans didn't know about.

"I don't know what happened...he was fine before yesterday. Lauren said he acted like he didn't know her." Brian agreed.

"I hope he isn't using again. He just lost all that weight and was doing so well. I don't want him to go back there again." he added with a sigh. Nick walked behind the two of them and they dropped their voices to a whisper.

"What are we gonna do about tour??? He doesn't remember anything." Howie asked.

"He keeps asking for Kevin...maybe he is the reason for this little breakdown Nick is having." Brian replied. He did not look forward to calling his cousin in to help, especially about Nick.

"Maybe you should talk to him, it couldn't hurt." AJ added, appearing next to him. Brian invited Nick to his hotel room that night to watch movies together. He was supposed to show up at seven, but he showed up at 6:30....it was not like him to be early or on time for anything.


Nick stood outside of Brian's room for a good ten minutes before he knocked...he wasn't sure why he was nervous, but he was terrified. He thought about the Brian he had known back when he was 13...and this one was completely different. This Brian was tired...grumpy...almost acting like a father rather than his friend. Nick was happy to be treated like an adult...but things had changed somehow.

"Come on in, Nick." Brian said warmly. He was on the phone as he held the door open, smiling. Nick sat down on the leather couch, listening.

"I will call you later....Uncle Nick and I are hanging out...yes...I can't wait to see you too, kiddo."

Nick wondered how he could be an uncle as Brian got off of the phone.

"Bay says he misses you." Brian said, walking over with a bowl of popcorn.

"Who?" Nick asked.

"Haha, Nick....you know who Baylee is...you're such a kidder."

"Baylee? What kind of name is that?" Nick asked with a straight face. Brian stared at him, his mouth hanging open stupidly.

"Nick....I can see forgetting choreography. I can even see maybe not remembering Lauren.....but how do you forget my son?" Brian demanded. Nick's eyes watered, feeling terrible.

"I....I'm sorry..." he said in barely a whisper. Brian opened his mouth to say something but didn't.

"Nick....I'm sorry. I guess I am just tired...we all are. Jenn has us so busy these days I never see my family much like I used to. We are all stressed....are you all right? You have been acting different lately and we are all worried about you." Brian said after a moment.

"I'm fine. I guess I am just nervous." Nick admitted.

"About the wedding? Nick...when Leighanne and I got married I felt the same way. It's a big step, but I think you made the right choice this time around. Lauren is a great match for you."

"She is? But I..."

"I know it is hard after what you went through with your family, Nick. I know you will be fine." Brian said, turning on the TV.

"Brian...can I ask you something?"
"Sure."

"Why did we change all of the songs? I mean....we just learned them..." Nick said, shifting in his couch cushion. Brian sat still for a while, thinking.

"Nick, what songs? We have been rehearsing for about two weeks now...what is wrong with you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I need a drink..." Nick muttered in a frustrated tone. He knew this only made him look more crazy to Brian, but he didn't care.

"How about a cup of coffee?" Brian offered, trying to ignore him. Nick's eyes lit up and he smiled.

"Coffee?! You mean I am allowed to have it?" he asked, jumping up from his seat and following Brian.

"Uh....yeah..." Brian said as he poured Nick a cup. Not adding anything...Nick excitedly took a large gulp from it. Brian watched him with a worried yet amused expression.

"Blech!!!" Nick said, promptly spitting it out.

"Nick....I didn't know you drank black coffee." Brian said, laughing at him. Nick looked at him in confusion and Brian took the cup from him...adding milk and sugar.

"Try it now." he offered. Nick took a sip and he wondered why his mom and Kevin had not allowed him to drink it.

"Thanks, Bri. I guess I am just feeling lost lately." Nick replied. He wished he knew why things were so different....the guys had changed...Brian had a son. It was a lot to take in.

"Everything will work out."

"Why did Kevin leave?" Nick blurted out suddenly. Brian looked away as if it were a sore subject.

"You don't remember? God, it was a few years ago...it hasn't been that long-"

"Tell me....where is he?" Nick begged.

"Kevin left, Nick....."

"Like on a trip?"

"No."

"Where did he go?" Nick asked, sounding like a child.

"Kevin left the group." Brian explained bitterly.

"Why?"

"He left because of you."
Chapter 6 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Hope you all enjoy the chapter!!! Feedback is appreciated
Chapter 6

Nick stared at Brian in disbelief...how could it be his fault? Why would Kevin just leave the group after all the nights they stayed up talking about how great it would be to be famous.

"He what?"

"Kevin left because of you.." he said. Did Nick dare hear bitterness in Brian's voice? He felt awful...he even remembered the look on AJ's face when he had mentioned Kevin. Something was wrong.

"AJ and I didn't mean to drink! I am so sorry." Nick started tearfully. Brian's expression softened and he reached for him, but Nick backed away.

"You hate me."

"You're being ridiculous, Nick...Nick, wait!" Brian shouted as Nick ran out of the room and into the hall.

Nick leaned against the wall in the stairwell..feeling awful. Being in this new life was so awkward...everything he knew and loved had changed completely. He hated it and never felt more alone. Nick sat in the stairwell, thinking and wiping his face.

"I think they are on this floor..."

Nick's head shot up when he heard their voices coming up the stairs. He could hear a girl talking about him, and he didn't like what he was hearing.

"Oh my god. Stacey, look."

Nick saw two girls staring at him...grins spread across their faces. He stood up and shakily backed away from them.

"Nick fucking Carter...what are the odds?" the older of the two said. He looked at them and managed a nervous smile. They were both on the heavy side and wearing Backstreet Boys shirts.

"H-hello...." he said shakily.

"I don't see his bodyguard or Lauren." The older girl smiled.

"If you want pictures, now isn't a good time. " Nick told them as he looked for the door. It was behind him about a flight up.

"Grab him."

Nick's eyes went wide and he scrambled for the stairs...but one of them grabbed at his leg and tripped him.

"I get him first, I called it!" the first one said with a grin.

"I want to see Thor! Let me play with Thor, you promised!" the other shouted as the two of them grabbed at his clothes. They were stunned that Nick didn't struggle...he seemed afraid...like a scared little boy.

"Uh...my name isn't Thor. Who is Thor?!" he asked as the first girl kissed his face and the other undid his shirt. They never answered his question....they kept going. Nick shouted for help but he was alone with the two girls. He would have felt lucky but the girls were arguing over him, pulling him like they were two wolves fighting over a steak.

"HEY!!!" someone yelled suddenly. The girls looked up and Nick saw a man running down at them. They got off of him and Nick stood up...his legs wobbly.

"Nick, are you okay?" the man asked. Nick looked at the girls and then at him...his body trembling.

"I....I...."

"I left him speechless!" the first girl said. They both laughed, giving each other a high five.

"Show's over, ladies."


Nick was taken to his room by the tough looking man who had rescued him.


"Are you all right?" he asked. Nick blinked at him as AJ came into the room with a short woman.

"Nick....we all need to have a talk." she said, pacing the floor.

"Jenn this is not a good time."

"I don't care, Marcus!" the woman shouted. Nick just sat there in silence, his body shaking.

"Both of you get out of here. I will talk to him." AJ said as he practically pushed them out of Nick's room.

"Seriously, dude...are you all right?" he asked once they left. Nick latched onto AJ and cried hysterically into his shoulder.

"I want to go home..." he sobbed as AJ put his arm around his shoulder, rubbing Nick's back gently. His clothes hung off him and his hair was disheveled as if he had been attacked by an animal.

"You're lucky Marcus found you."

"Who is Marcus?" Nick asked, wiping his eyes.

"Dude....how the fuck don't you know Marcus? He's one of our bodyguards! Jenn is right...we gotta..."

"Jenn? The midget lady? Where are Johnny and Lou?" Nick replied.

"Whoa....what the fuck are you on? I mean....if I still did that....that must be some really good shit you have." AJ laughed.

"I don't know what you mean....I want to see Kevin." Nick sniffed. AJ went to Brian's room, shaking his head.


"Did you find him?" Brian asked.

"He almost got raped in the stairwell...but he is fine, Marcus found him."

"HE WHAT?"

"Calm down, B. Nick didn't know who Marcus was Or even Jenna. Something is really wrong and he keeps asking for Kevin. You better call him." AJ suggested.

"I was hoping it wouldn't come to that...I don't think Kev will be so keen on coming out here." Brian said. He knew something was really wrong and whatever it was, he wished that Kevin would be able to fix it.



"Absolutely not...no way in hell."

"Kevin, he keeps asking for you. You have to come out. He's having a breakdown or something. He won't tell us anything." Brian begged over the phone.

"What makes you think he wants to see me? He told me to fuck myself last time I saw him." Kevin snapped.

"Nick won't stop asking about you, It's like he is a kid trapped in a adult body. He's lost his mind and it's scaring all of us."

Kevin heard the sincerity in his voice and his tone softened.

"Fine, I will come...but if he says anything out of the way I am gone." Kevin said, hanging up the phone. Brian smiled....if things went well with Kevin, maybe Nick would be himself again.
Chapter 7 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the feedback and Hope you enjoy this update!
Chapter 7



"I can't believe you dragged me out here." Kevin snapped as he and Brian walked to the elevator. His pace was brisk and Brian had a hard time keeping up with him.

"We are all worried about him, Kev. He keeps asking for you, he's acting so strange-" Brian stated, trailing off.

"Nick better have a good reason for all of this. I swear, if he starts a fight with me I am going on the first flight back."

"I know, Kevin. I know- but trust me he has been practically begging to see you. It's like he's someone else. He doesn't remember Marcus, he doesn't know Jenn. He didn't even remember Baylee." Brian explained.

"I am just saying there better be a hell of a good story behind what is wrong with him."

The two of them walked to Nick's room where they found him sitting on the floor in his underwear, looking through his luggage.

"Nick what's wrong?" Brian asked. Kevin waited just out of view.

"I can't find my Game Boy or any of my cassette tapes. Where is my Walkman?"

"Nick your music is on your laptop."

"What's a laptop?" Nick asked as Brian stared in confusion. He didn't even want to start this conversation again.

"There's someone here to see you."

Kevin made his way into the room, looking uneasy.

"Okay," Nick replied, standing up. His eyes went wide as they fell upon Kevin standing there. He looked almost as Nick remembered him...except for some gray hair and wrinkles near the corners of his green eyes.

"Kevin?" he said tentatively, not moving.

"It's me." Kevin replied with a smile. Nick walked closer and squinted at him.

"You got old." he said softly. Kevin glared at Brian, who gave him a shrug. Kevin decided today he'd play good cop.

"How are you doing, kiddo?"

"But I'm not-" Nick started, then fell silent, looking down at his bare feet.

"I know you're not a kid, Nick. Just an expression. Want to go out and have a talk for a bit?" Kevin offered with a half smile. Nick's face lit up....he looked happy...happier than Brian had seen him in days.

"I'd love that!!!" Nick said, taking some of his clothes and throwing them on in the bathroom.

"I told you he wanted to see you." Brian grinned as Kevin shook his head.

"Well he isn't throwing punches like last time, so it's a good sign." Kevin laughed. Nick came back out wearing jeans and a white tank top, smiling from ear to ear.

"Ready? I don't have my car, you can drive, right?" Kevin said, patting Nick's back. Nick's face went pale...he had not driven before, but he was sure he could wing it. He was shocked Kevin even let him behind the wheel at all.

"Sure...no problem." he thought as he followed Kevin out of the room, his head hanging.

"Nick...are you gonna start it? The car doesn't move itself, you know." Kevin snapped once they were inside of the car Nick apparently had rented. Nick looked nervously at the wheel and his heart was racing. There were levers and buttons he didn't even know the names of.

"Well, here goes nothing." he whispered as he turned on the ignition.

Driving seemed easy enough. They went down the road and Nick seemed calm. He was feeling pretty confident in his skill even though in reality he had never been behind the wheel of a car other than at an arcade. It couldn't be that much different, could it?

"This isn't so bad." Nick said, smiling.

"You act like you've never driven before. So how is everything? I know it has been a while." Kevin asked. Nick sighed. He wanted so badly to tell him what happened, but he knew Kevin would never believe him.

"Everything is so-" Nick began, but his eyes went wide.

"SHIT!!"

"Nick, focus on the road!!!!" Kevin screamed as a little girl ran into the middle of the street, chasing a puppy.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Nick swerved to miss the girl and promptly lost control of the car. Kevin held onto the side of the car screaming as Nick swerved in and out of traffic, crossing the street. The car spun around and finally crashed head on into a storefront, glass flying everywhere. Nick was screaming as the windshield smashed in on top of them.

"Oh my God....Nick...are you okay?" Kevin asked when the airbags deflated. He felt like he'd aged ten years in an instant. Nick didn't answer...he sat in the driver's seat, his body shaking.

Kevin managed to get out of the dented car door and rush to Nick's side.

"Nick? Are you okay, answer me please!" Kevin said, before Nick let out a strangled whimper, his bottom lip moving slightly.

"I BROKE THE CAR!!!" he wailed, latching onto him. Kevin watched Nick burst into full on heaving sobs. He carried on as if he were a teenager, Kevin couldn't believe it.

"I am just happy you aren't hurt. The car has insurance." he said, rubbing Nick's back as he talked.

"I am in so much trouble..." Nick whispered. Kevin managed to bring Nick back to the hotel and Brian's eyes widened at the two of them covered in cuts and scrapes. Kevin kept insisting no harm was done aand Nick just went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

"What happened?" he demanded after Nick had gotten out of earshot.

"He didn't remember how to drive apparently. Brian, I can't deal with him. He's like-"

"-a kid?" Brian finished.

"I'm out of here." Kevin snapped. He headed for the door, but Brian grabbed his arm.

"Please, I think you are what he needs to be himself again." he begged. Kevin stood there with his hand on the doorknob, thinking.

"I give him a week. One week."

"If you can't help him, then what?"

"I might have to stay."
Chapter 8 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
I finally got to see 13 going on 30 and I have a pretty good idea where the story is headed. Thanks so much for the reviews and feedback!!!
Chapter 8

"I just don't know what do do, he's being so difficult..."

"Don't you think you're being a bit hard on him? He's obviously going through something right now. Pushing him won't make it better Brian."

"He just pisses me off sometimes, ya know?"



Nick overheard Brian and Kevin talking and just walked back to his room....shaken from the car accident. He was hoping Kevin could help him figure things out, but he had screwed it all up. He was sure Kevin hated him...the guys were annoyed and he felt lost. Even Brian didn't like him any more. Nick went into his room, just wanting to take a nap and hope that when he woke up this would all be some crazy dream.



"Nicky..." a seductive voice giggled from the room as Nick entered. He walked into the room to find candles scattered everywhere, and Lauren sat on the bed wearing nothing but a black lace bra and matching panties.

"H-hi..." he said, a lump forming in his throat. He felt flushed all of a sudden and began to sweat.

"You have been a bad, bad boy." Lauren cooed, her fingers trailing down his stomach, trailing to his pants as she put her hand down them. He could feel her reaching for his...

Nick squirmed a little and took her hand out.

"I.....uh....I have?" he asked innocently.

"You have been avoiding me." she said, putting her arms around his neck and kissing him. Nick felt himself shudder when her fingernails touched his shoulder blade. He looked to the door, wondering if he could distract her and make a run for it.

"Lauren...." he said, but she had thrown him backwards so he landed onto the bed. Still smiling, her hands moved to the clasp of her bra in front of her. Nick's eyes went wide and he held up a pillow to shield himself from the view.

"Uh, uh...." she whispered coyly...taking the pillow out of his hand and throwing it aside. Lauren moved slowly, swaying her hips and shaking her chest in Nick's face as she gave him a lap dance. Her breasts were in his face when he cringed and backed away.

"Put them away!" he said, waving his hands and trying his hardest NOT to look. Lauren pouted and before he could speak, the laced bra landed in his face.

"I love when you play hard to get....so hot..." Lauren said, pulling him close to her. Nick opened his mouth but she shoved him so hard he hit the bed again and she straddled him....

"I'm telling you, something is wrong with him. He cried when he hit the building! What does that tell you?" AJ shouted as Nick walked in the room a while later looking dazed.

"Dude....are you okay?" he added once he saw Nick's expression. His hair stuck up...lipstick marks on his face...his clothes were sloppy and a hickey on his neck. He grinned stupidly as he sat down. Brian looked blankly at him, then exchanged glances with AJ.

"I'm not a virgin anymore." Nick said, as if he were in a trance. AJ laughed so hard he fell off of the leather couch.

"Nick....you haven't been a virgin since you were 15..." Brian told him as AJ laughed even louder.

"No- I just had.....sex." Nick whispered the last word urgently, as if someone would overhear.

"Nickers, you get pussy every night. Stop playing." AJ chuckled, wiping a tear from his eye. Nick considered this for a moment.

"That is a LOT of cats."

"Nick, AJ is right....your room is a revolving door. I'm surprised you have kept Lauren around so long."

"What are you trying to say..."

"You are a man whore." AJ said bluntly. Nick looked at him in confusion.

"A what?" Nick asked. Kevin walked over and sat down next to him, smiling at how oblivious Nick was.

"AJ stop. Now, Nick...I know you have been feeling weird the last few days, but we need you to get it together. Tour is starting and this album is very important." Brian said.

"I get it, Brian....but you have to understand I just don't remember all this stuff. It's new to me." Nick replied, running a hand through his hair.

"How can it be new to you? We've been rehearsing for weeks. What is wrong with you?" Brian asked. Nick looked as if he wanted to cry.

"I will help him..." Kevin offered with a smile.

"You will?"

"Of course I will. We will get through this together."

Nick felt good knowing at least one of the guys was on his side.

The rehearsal that day went smoothly until they got to the choreography for Everybody.

"I still think its dumb to change it." Nick said as he watched the others.

"I know, I don't like it either. If I was in the group still..." Kevin started, then trailed off.

"Why did you leave? Is it because of-" Nick said.

"-I will tell you later." Kevin replied wearily. Nick could see a bit of sadness in Kevin's expression. Nick watched the guys dance for a while and still wasn't into it. When rehearsals were over, Nick played around with the boom box.

"Nick...we are going out to lunch, want to come?" Howie asked. Nick was doing the old choreography for Everybody. The other guys and the dancers stopped to look as he did it perfectly.

"Wow, look at him go. I miss that dance." AJ said. To their surprise, Kevin joined in....it reminded them of the old days in Orlando rehearsing. AJ and Howie joined...Brian shook his head at them.

"Come on, Brian....you remember it, don't you?" Kevin laughed as Brian's phone rang. He answered it, looking agitated. He put the phone back into his pocket and mumbled something to himself.

"Brian?" Nick called, but he was heading towards the door.

"I gotta go and pick up Leighanne from the airport. See you guys later." Brian said angrily, shaking his head as he left.

"What's with him?" Nick asked. The other guys shrugged, but deep down...Nick couldn't help but wonder he was missing something to the story.
Chapter 9 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this update!!!
Chapter 9

Nick decided after talking with the guys he would go for a walk. He spotted some fans outside and decided to go say hello to them, they looked harmless enough.

"Hi, ladies." he said. The girls gave him confused looks and he scratched his head.

"Why are you talking to us?" one of them asked, clearly annoyed.

"Aren't you fans?" Nick asked. None of the girls would look him in the eye. He felt like they actually didn't like him at all and it made him.uncomfortable.

"You never stop and say hello...you usually walk past us." a young girl said.

"I do?"

The fans looked at him in confusion, a lot of them were younger than the two he had met in the stairwell. They just nodded. He knew he had to set things right. It made him really wonder what kind of person "he" was.

"Well....let me make it up to you. Come on, I have an idea. Come with me." Nick said with a smile. He got a limo to take them all to a diner nearby where he bought all of the girls lunch. He asked the girls questions without trying to be obvious that he really had no idea how the Nick in this life treated people. As it turned out, he was a real jerk and stuck up.

"I can't believe I was so rotten...I am so sorry. Do you remember where I went wrong?" Nick said as they all ate dessert. The oldest shook her head.

"You used to be nice. Then you changed."

"Things are going to be different, I promise. That Nick is gone. I'm gonna fix him, if that's ok with you girls."

"We like this one better." one of the girls giggled as he hugged her. After he left the girls, Nick went back to the hotel and took out his laptop. He had asked Jenn for his Twitter password, after seeing Brian use it so much he got curious. Nick was stunned to see the nasty messages people wrote him and thought about what the fans had said. How did he turn into such a bad person?

"I'm telling you he's changed." a voice said in the hallway. Nick went to the door and peeked.Brian and Howie were talking just outside his room.

"I think its a good one. He has really been putting in an effort and he's been on time too."

"Changing around the choreography....you call that an effort? He's trying to change the way we have been doing stuff for years. He never gave a shit before." Brian pointed out.

"Maybe he does now." Howie said as they rounded the corner. Nick closed the door to the room and lay down on the bed, thinking. His own bandmates didn't even like him but he would talk to them a bit later. Right now he needed to think.

About twenty minutes later someone knocked on the door. It was a blonde woman that looked familiar from the forum he had just been browsing. He'd seen her with Brian several times.

"Hi." Nick said. Before he could speak again, she forced herself onto him, her tongue in his mouth. Nick shoved her off, wiping red lipstick off of his face. After taking a good look, his eyes went wide. This was Brian's wife. The one he picked up from the airport.

"Leighanne?"

"God, I missed you...let's get this over with before he gets back." the woman said. She grabbed him and kissed him again, wrapping her leg around his waist.

"But-but you're Brian's wife." Nick stammered in disbelief....her lips all over his face. He felt sick.

"That didn't stop you last time, did it, Carter?" Leighanne giggled seductively, playing with his hair.

"I can't do this....he's my best friend." Nick said, pushing her away again. She looked angry this time, flipping her hair out of her face.

"You never minded that before....all these years of sneaking around and now you decided to be noble?" Leighanne snapped.

"What about your son? What about your family?" Nick asked, standing near the couch and not looking at her. She was a pretty woman, long blonde hair and blue eyes....Nick had to admit Brian had good taste...but what she had in looks she lacked in personality.

"Brian bores me...you are more my speed. Isn't that what I told you in Florida?" she said, opening her shirt so he could see her breasts. Nick flinched and looked away, blushing.

"I can't do this to him." he said in barely a whisper.

"Are you joking?" Leighanne shouted, moving towards him. She backed him into the wall, her eyes flashing angrily.

"Maybe you'd better go...." he said. Leighanne held him against the wall, pushing her body into his.

"You're going to regret this," she said as a knock came at the door. Nick was horrified to see Brian standing there, staring at him disapprovingly....his eyes falling upon the smudges of lipstick. Nick shook his head, watching Brian's eyes move from him to Leighanne.

"Hi honey, are you okay?" Brian said, and Nick watched in surprise as Leighanne threw herself on her husband, pretending to cry.

"I tried to stop him- he wouldn't listen, and I couldn't...." she wailed, smirking at Nick from over Brian's shoulder. Brian looked furious but stayed calm.

"Baby, why don't you go to the room and I will be there in a few?" Brian said consolingly. Leighanne smirked at Nick before kissing Brian and walking out, pleased with herself. Nick was about to speak when he was suddenly thrown against the wall. He was held there, his body shaking.

"You heartless son of a bitch....how could you do this to me?"

"B-Brian, I-I...."

"Lauren and Kristin weren't enough ass....you had to have my wife too?!" Brian screamed, throwing Nick to the floor as if he were a rag doll. Nick looked at him in confusion. What had he done?

"I.....Brian....please-"

"Get out, Nick....GET OUT!!!"

"Brian, I didn't do anything. Please just listen to me."

"That bullshit won't work on me. You had no right touching her. GET OUT!!!!!!!" Brian bellowed, moving closer to him. Nick was on the floor, backed into a corner as Brian yelled.

"If you don't go, Nick....I'm walking."

"You can't do this, what about the group?"

"Watch me." Brian spat at him. The door slammed shut, and once Brian was gone did Nick feel he could truly begin to cry.
Chapter 10 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
New chapter! Hope you all enjoy!
Chapter 10

Nick sat on the floor of his hotel room, sobbing into his knees for what seemed like hours until he heard Kevin come into the room.

"Nicky?"

"Nick's not here..." Nick whimpered softly, trying to stuff himself under the bed and failing. His tall frame prevented him from fitting underneath.

"I can see you, ya know." Kevin said, leaning over him and laughing. Nick blushed and Kevin helped him up.

"Brian threw me out of the group." he said after a few minutes, embarrassed with himself.

"I know he did......but there is not much you can do to change that. His mind is made up, kiddo." Kevin told him. Nick smiled, he felt so relieved to have him there....and even though he had screwed up....Kevin was there for him.

"Can I ask you something?" he wondered as Kevin sat down on the bed.

"Sure."

"Why did you leave?" Nick asked. Kevin looked away from him, thinking.

"Please tell me. I want to know....I had no idea about Leighanne....I would never do that to Brian and I am a horrible person if I did do what she said I did." Nick rambled. Kevin smiled at him then....it was the saddest smile he had ever seen.

"You really don't know, do you?" Kevin replied suddenly, looking at the blonde with interest. Nick simply shook his head.

"It was during the Never Gone tour....you were late for soundcheck and I found you with Kristin on my bus."

"Kristin?"

"My wife." Kevin said softly before adding...

"Ex wife."

"What happened?" Nick asked, looking at Kevin with concern. His heart sank as he saw tears in his green eyes.

"I saw you having sex with her. You were so wrapped up in yourself, Nick. You didn't care about any of our feelings.....the fans meant nothing. You drank....did drugs, did whatever you wanted. I tried to be civil but we were always at each other's throats. You said I treated you like a child." Kevin explained with a sigh. Nick was ashamed. He was a rotten person and nobody liked him.

"I am so sorry, Kev. I had no idea."

"I guess being sober makes you think, doesn't it?" Kevin said with a half-hearted smile. He nudged Nick's shoulder and they laughed.
"Kevin.....do you ever wish you could turn back time....and change something that happened to you?" Nick asked.

"All the time, Nick."

"Really?"

"I wish I hadn't broken up with Kristin so quickly.....that I didn't leave the group." Kevin said. Nick smiled slightly.

"You can still come back." he said. Nick wanted so badly to tell him what happened and make things right but he knew he had screwed up big time.

"They don't want me back. You told me so yourself when I saw you last." Kevin replied with a sigh as he remembered....




"Nick....please listen to me...I want what's best for you, best for all of us." Kevin said as he watched Nick empty the bottle of Jack Daniels.

"What's best for me?! You don't know anything about me!" the 22 year old shouted, throwing the bottle at him and reaching for another.

"Just sit down and talk to me." Kevin said softly, reaching for his arm.

"I'm fucking done." Nick snapped, pulling away. Kevin shook his head as Nick opened another bottle.

"You don't mean that....it's the alcohol talking. We are all worried about you...stop hurting yourself before it's too late!" he begged. Nick looked angrily at him, hate in his eyes.

"That's bullshit! You're not my father! I am not a child! Get the fuck out of my room...."

"Nick.....you need help.."

"Go fuck yourself Kevin! Fuck you and the group. I'm done!" Nick shouted, throwing the second bottle. Kevin ducked as it nearly hit him in the head....shards of broken glass flying. Nick walked over and took a swing at him...then hell broke loose...


"Kev?"


"Nick, stop!!!"



"Kevin???"

Kevin opened his eyes to see Nick sitting next to him with tears streaming down his face. Nick was healthy and sober now....but the pain from that night lingered.

"I am so sorry, Nick....I wanted to help you....you were going to a bad place..." Kevin said softly.

"I think you were....I never want to lose you again. I am so sorry if I did all of that." Nick replied, hugging him tight and not wanting to let him go.
Chapter 11 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Only one more chapter to go! Hope you are all enjoying this as much as I have!
Chapter 11


Nick began to pack his things in his hotel room, not sure where he would be headed now that Brian had thrown him out of the group. The band had cancelled the tour and made announcements that Backstreet Boys had indeed split up for good. Nick left the hotel and did some walking.....he stopped in a park not far down the street to think. He wondered why he had thought it was all right to sleep with Leighanne, treat his friends like garbage and be a total and complete asshole. Nick hated this person he had become.

"Hey kiddo. Mind if I join you?" Kevin asked, standing nearby. Nick smiled and made a space on the bench.

"Anything eating away at your soul?"

"Haha, very funny." Nick said dully, looking at his feet.

"I know you can't change what happened....but surely there is something else you can do." Kevin offered after a moment of silence.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I ruined everything. Kristin is gone....I broke up the band." Nick breathed, his eyes watering.

"Nicky...I know you didn't mean to do any of it. You will always be my little brother no matter what, remember that. So where are you gonna go?" Kevin smiled, an arm around Nick's shoulder.

"Lauren left me when Brian told her I slept with his wife." he said softly.

"Sitting here and feeling sorry for yourself isn't gonna help fix anything. You need to decide what to do. What about that solo stuff of yours?" Kevin asked, patting his back. Nick had gone through his laptop and found samples of songs he guessed he had recorded recently...mostly dance pop and club music. He liked it, but didn't know what to do with it after he found out his first solo album flopped.

"Solo? I don't think I can do it on my own, Kev."

"Why not? I liked your album."

"You listened to it?" Nick asked, surprised.

"Of course. I think you can do it again....you are a better person than you were then." Kevin explained. Nick nodded....then found himself in a studio later on with Kevin writing songs and working.

"I missed this." Kevin said as Nick came out of the recording booth.

"I'm so sorry I made you leave. Everyone looks miserable without you....I missed you too." Nick told him with a small grin.

"That's in the past, don't worry about me." Kevin said as he fiddled around with the keyboard.

"Hey....is that 10,000 Promises?" Nick asked. He recognized the tune and hummed along, Kevin beaming at him.

"Yeah. I thought Brian said you didn't remember any of our old music. We used to sing this on stage together years ago."

"Kev....I gotta tell you something, but you aren't going to believe me." Nick said, sitting down on the floor indian style and rocking slightly.

"What is it?"

"I can explain why I have acted so weird lately." Nick replied. Kevin turned in his chair and raised an eyebrow, interested.

"Is it drugs? Oh lord....don't tell me you're doing pot again. I told Brian that-" he started muttering quickly.

"It's not drugs."

"Oh, thank god."

"A few days ago, I was drinking with AJ in our hotel room....even though you told us not to. I got sick and passed out. When I woke up I was 30 years old and had a naked chick...in my bed." Nick explained calmly. He stopped and waited for a reaction but Kevin simply blinked at him, his eyes wide and confused.

"Nick, this may come as a shock to you, but you have been thirty since January." Kevin stated.

"That's not what I meant. I was 13 when I passed out. I time warped or something. I woke up 17 years older." Nick insisted. He was frustrated that Kevin thought he was on drugs and losing his mind.
"Nick....that isn't...that isn't possible. People just don't wake up 30. Are you sure you're not high?" Kevin said calmly, staring at him. He looked afraid, like Nick would blow up suddenly.

"I'M NOT HIGH!!!!" the blonde screamed, causing Kevin to jump.

"I am not doing drugs...I am not a man whore or an asshole. I wish I never turned 30. I want to go back....nobody understands me here!" Nick shouted.

"Please calm down, Nicky, I didn't mean it like that. Sit down and talk to me." Kevin suggested calmly.

"You don't believe me." Nick whispered. All he wanted now was his life back...but he didn't know how to get it. He remembered getting drunk with AJ and passing out before waking up, and if that was what he had to do, so be it. He and Kevin parted ways after the recording studio...it was bittersweet since Kevin was flying back to Kentucky that night.

"I'm gonna miss you, kiddo." Kevin said before getting into his cab.

"You will see me again. Can't get rid of me that easy." Nick laughed as they hugged. He walked to AJ's apartment which was five blocks away, knowing that this plan was his last chance to fix things.

"You're not sleeping with Ro too, are you?!" AJ exclaimed when he opened the door. Nick looked puzzled but pulled him outside.

"First off, I don't know who that is. Second, I need you to get me wasted. Shitfaced drunk to the point I pass out." he said as if it was a matter of life and death.

"Dude, I don't drink like that anymore and neither should you with that heart condition." AJ commented, looking disgusted.

"Heart condition?! AJ, I'm being serious. Get me wasted....you need to help me."

"Get drunk on your own. You've done enough." AJ spat at him. Nick looked away and smiled.

"If you help me, I won't tell Ro about those strippers you had for your birthday." he said. He didn't know what he was talking about, but he knew from browsing on the BSB forums and twitter that AJ was known for cheating.

"Fuck...okay...okay, let's go." AJ said, and they went to the nearest bar. About seven or eight beers later, Nick was feeling lightheaded and sick.

"Are you okay, Nicky? Maybe we should go." AJ said as they were leaving the bathroom. Nick stumbled, feeling nauseous.

"I don't feel so-" he began, but never finished. He swayed on the spot, AJ's eyes went wide.

"NICK!!!" AJ shouted. Nick fell to the floor in a heap, unconscious as AJ tried to revive him...drifting off and unaware of what would happen when he woke up.
Chapter 12 by DelphinaCarter
Author's Notes:
Here we go! Final chapter. Thanks so much for reading and i
hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!
Chapter 12

"I am so gonna kick your ass for letting him do this to himself!"

"He wanted to drink. Don't blame me for his stupidity."

Nick could hear people arguing in the room...he heard them moving around him, felt a hand shake him gently.

"No...." Nick moaned softly, his head hurting as he stirred.

"He's waking up, you're so lucky he isn't hurt."

"Kevin..." Nick muttered as he opened his eyes slowly. Kevin's face hovered over him, but he looked different. His hair was longer and he looked younger. Younger. Nick's eyes shot open and he sat up. AJ had no tattoos and his hair was brown....gone was the piercings and black nails...gone was the facial hair. Nick grinned in spite of himself.
Could it be true?

"Nick...are you all right?" Kevin asked as he ran to the bathroom. Nick looked in the mirror excitedly, ran his fingers through his hair.....blonde hair. No wrist tattoo. He laughed crazily as he felt his face.

"I'm me again!" he said in a squeaky voice and the others laughed. He touched his throat, he had his old voice back and he giggled.

"Well of course you are yourself." Kevin said in confusion. Nick touched his face as if he had never seen himself before.

"I....I'm not old!" Nick continued happily.

"What's with him?" Brian asked. Nick's eyes went wide when he heard him.

"BRIAN!!!" the teenager shouted as he tackled him into a hug, Brian smiled in confusion while Nick babbled on about being sorry. The other boys looked baffled and Nick hugged them all in turn.

"Nick.....maybe you should take it easy. You passed out..." AJ suggested.

"I'm fine, AJ. I have never felt better in my life. I'm so glad Brian came back." Nick explained.

"Nicky, I only went down the hall. You act like I left the group or something."

"Don't leave the group! I didn't mean to sleep with your wife!!! I said I was sorry!" Nick blurted out. Brian's eyes went wide.

"Excuse me? Brian, did you get married and not tell us?" Kevin asked. Brian shook his head slowly. He had a girlfriend named Samantha but he wasn't married.

"I didn't get married, what is he talking about?"

"I didn't mean to sleep with Kristen either..." Nick continued as the other boys looked at him blankly.

"You what?!" Kevin shouted and everyone laughed.


**************************

"This show tonight is gonna kick ass." AJ smiled. Nick followed him into the arena where Brian stood near the stage.

"Hi, baby." the pretty brunette next to him smiled. Nick kissed her back...things were perfect...he was healthy...he had friends and got to do what he loved.

"Think he will show up?" Nick asked, putting a long arm around her waist and kissing her cheek.

"He will...." Nick turned around to see Kevin standing behind them. The two smiled and Nick walked over to shake his hand.

"I missed you." Kevin said as he pulled Nick into a hug. It had been hard since Kevin left the group...Nick took it the worst but he realized that even though he knew Kevin was going to leave, it was better off not trying to change things. All he could fix was that Kevin left to have a family...not because of him. This reunion was bittersweet. Ever since he had come back from being 30...he had dreaded returning. Now that he was 31...he figured it wasn't so bad at all. He was successful and happy.

"So when are you tying the knot with Lauren? I heard you're pretty serious with her." Kevin said once they were alone.

"I wanted you to be here...you will see." Nick smiled. He rubbed the back of his head, thinking of the little velvet box in his dressing room and hoping things would work out this time around. His second solo album was doing just fine. Nick had taken his time with it and learned about being patient after his ordeal....he never wanted to rush things again. Everything was perfect, he reflected with a smile....he wouldn't change it for the world.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10595