I'm Taking Off by Alexsgirl_ritz
Summary: My response to the November Challenge in AC
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1315 Read: 811 Published: 11/07/11 Updated: 11/07/11

1. Chapter 1 by Alexsgirl_ritz

Chapter 1 by Alexsgirl_ritz
Author's Notes:
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here and since I only know a little about this tradition; I've decided not to write one about it. Please bear with this one as I really struggled writing this.
“Nick? Baby?”

Her soft voice soothed my ears. I wanted to open my eyes but I just couldn’t. I was so tired from last night and all I wanted was to get more sleep.

“Nick,” She said softly while shaking my shoulders gently and planting small kisses on my cheeks. This was definitely one of the moments I loved every morning. “Heidi just called.”

I quickly opened my eyes when I heard my personal assistant’s name. Heidi calling the home phone or Lauren’s meant two things: either it was very important or I was in trouble.

“What did she say?” I asked while still lying in bed. I just didn’t have the energy to get up yet.

“She was asking for your album’s thank yous. She said she needed it by 6 am.” She casually answered

“Oh my God!” I looked at the clock on the bedside table to check the time; it read 3 am. “How could I forget?”

I quickly got up from the bed and ran towards my office to get my laptop and ran back to the bedroom. I did it in thirty seconds and I was obviously on a panic mode.

“Relax, Nick.” Lauren said “You still got three hours to do it.”

“Go back to sleep, babe.”

Lauren was right; I still have three more hours to do it but for me three hours might not be enough. My second solo album, I’m taking Off, was very special to me and I wanted my thank you notes to be special, too. I repeatedly say to all my recent interviews that my latest album was all me, and it showed who Nick Carter really was as an artist. So, I wanted my thank you notes to show I really was as a person.

I’ve decided that there would be no crazy codes for the fans to decode this time. I would give my appreciation and gratitude where it’s due. I stared at the blank screen of Microsoft word thinking for the right words to type. I wanted to thank the most important people in my life through this album. My family and friends knew how hard I worked for this one, and putting their name on the album meant so much to me.

Where should I start? Maybe I should start by thanking Pops for my life, for the 31 years He has given me so far and for the amazing almost two decades in the business. True, my life was not always good, there had been so many ups and downs and at one point I’ve reached the lowest point in my life that I just wanted to quit. But if He did not give me those trials, hardships and challenges, I wouldn’t be the man I am today. If there was a thing as reincarnation and Pops would ask me who I wanted to be on my next life, my answer would be simple : Nickolas Gene Carter.

My family. We have been through so much and you might not heard good things about my family but I love them. I was still thankful for their presence to my life. My parents, I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for them. My sisters and brother, I have a unique relationship with each of them. BJ would always be my partner in crime. Leslie would always be my little princess. Angel would always be my baby girl. Aaron would always be my buddy for life. I loved each of them to death.

My brothers from another mother, my Backstreet family. They say you couldn’t choose your family but you could choose your friends so you have to choose wisely. I was blessed to have the best friends anyone could ask for. They’ve been my fathers, my brothers, my mentors, my everything. They’ve taught me how to value life and I have a little bit of each of them in my blood. I wouldn’t trade these four fellas to the world.

Kevin: He was the older brother I’ve always wanted but never had. I wanted to be like him the moment I met him. Kevin played a big role in raising me, and he did a very good job. He and the book he gave me would always be the reason why my life turned around. I couldn’t imagine what my life would become without Kevin Richardson.

Howie : “I would pick on Howie until the day I die.” And that’s true because I love the man so much. He taught me a lot of things when I was growing up. He was always a big brother to me and he always protected me like his own little brother. Howie and I were closer now than we were 10 years ago. I wouldn’t be the man who I am today if Howie Dorough was not in my life.

Brian : The bestest friend one could ever have. I would always be thankful for the day I met Brian. He helped me overcome my problems. He was there for me from when I was a whiny teenager until now that I’m a whiny 31 years old. Brian understood me when no else did. Brian helped me become a better person, and I’m thankful for that and so much more. Brian Littrell was a huge part of my life and I just couldn’t imagine a life without him.

AJ : This guy balances the seriousness of the other three. I would have gone crazy a long time ago if AJ wasn’t keeping an eye on me. Having just two years difference made it easier for AJ to understand me what I was going through. AJ was not the type of guy who’ll give you tons of advice, but he was definitely the type of friend who would be with you until he was sure you’d be okay on your own. My life would suck without Alexander James McLean on it.

I was blessed to have great friends outside the Backstreet Boys world and I won’t take them for granted.

I looked at Lauren who was peacefully sleeping at the bed. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for me finish typing my thank you notes. I was so lucky to have her. She loved me with all her heart and put up with all the shit going on with my life. She taught me how to value relationships. She was supporting me no matter what, and I wouldn’t be able to finish the album if it wasn’t for her. I have never been this happy and in love in my whole life. Lauren was a special girl and she deserves nothing but the best. She would freak out the moment she would read what I am going to ask her on this thank you note. And that put a huge smile on my face.

The fans: The Backstreet Boys have the most amazing and the best fans in the whole universe. They were there from day one, and 17 years later, they were still supporting us. I have no doubt in my heart and mind that they are going to support my new album. I just hope that they would buy my album because they believe in the talent I have, not just because I am Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. I wanted to thank them for putting up with me for the last 17 years, and for not giving up when I let them down. I love them with all my heart and I would always be thankful for their love, respect and support.

And now that I knew what to say; I started typing.

The time is 4:00 early morning......
End Notes:
The words in Italics was borrowed from Nick's actual thank yous.....

And I had trouble with my present tenses and past tense... hope the mistakes were not so many.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10747