Fun In The Sun by Simple Sue
Summary: Photobucket Love is in the air and not just for Skylar and Kevin. Skylar's friend Krista plans a spur of the moment trip to visit her at the same time Kevin planned a romantic tropical getaway. Not wanting to abandon her friend, she calls on Nick to make sure Krista is taken care of until they return.

Starting out on a sour note, Krista and Nick somehow manage to find each other in a matter of a week. After one unforgettable evening, Nick magically disappears from Krista's life with no explanation as to why. Screw him! Romance is better in books anyways.....


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: Seasons Of Love
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 30709 Read: 39002 Published: 11/13/11 Updated: 12/11/11

1. Chapter 1 by Simple Sue

2. Chapter 2 by Simple Sue

3. Chapter 3 by Simple Sue

4. Chapter 4 by Simple Sue

5. Chapter 5 by Simple Sue

6. Chapter 6 by Simple Sue

7. Chapter 7 by Simple Sue

8. Chapter 8 by Simple Sue

9. Chapter 9 by Simple Sue

10. Chapter 10 by Simple Sue

11. Chapter 11 by Simple Sue

12. Chapter 12 by Simple Sue

13. Chapter 13 by Simple Sue

14. Chapter 14 by Simple Sue

15. Chapter 15 by Simple Sue

16. Chapter 16 by Simple Sue

17. Chapter 17 by Simple Sue

18. Chapter 18 by Simple Sue

19. Chapter 19 by Simple Sue

20. Chapter 20 by Simple Sue

21. Chapter 21 by Simple Sue

22. Chapter 22 by Simple Sue

23. Chapter 23 by Simple Sue

Chapter 1 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


This is the next in the series I'm calling seasons of love. Thanks to Skylar for the title!


“Hey Nicky! How's it going?” Skylar requested cheerily early that morning.

“What do you want?”He grumbled. It was way too early in the morning to be so bubbly. He looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table confirming the hour. Ugh! 7:15.

“Why do you assume I want something?”

“Because it's seven A.M on Saturday morning.”

“Too much fun last night hun?” She teased.

“Not enough.”He rolled onto his back and looked at the empty space beside him. Thank God! The girl that came home with him last night was gone. Not that he wasn't enjoying the endless hours of recreational sex but he wanted to have something more. Somebody that he could actually talk to.

“I'm sorry but you're right. I do need something.”

“Okay. Out with it before I change my mind about being nice and saying yes this morning.”

“Well I wouldn't want you to kill yourself with excitement.”

“Well I'm sure if I don't, Kev will have something to say about it.”

“That's the spirit. I need you to pick up my friend at the airport.”

“Why can't you?”

“Well cuz I'm kind of on a plane to the Hawaiian Islands myself.”

“And you knew your friend was coming?”

“No. She called me early this morning and Kevin sprung this little getaway on me. Figured we should go before it gets too hard for me to fly. Anyway, can you do this for me?”

“Sure. Let me get something to write on. I am still in bed you know.”

“Don't take too long. Our flight is about to take off.”

“So tell me Sky. What's your friend like?”

“Nick. I just need you to pick her up. I don't think she's your type.”

“All women are my type,”he returned.

“Oh Nicky. You couldn't handle Krista if you tried.”

“Krista? Sounds exotic.”

“She's all American I can assure you but I don't think your her type.”

“Women love me.”

“No women love what you can do for them in bed. Krista's not that type of woman.”

“Ouch! I thought you were pretty satisfied.”

“I had a moment of weakness. Now do you have something to write on?”

“Yeah. Fire away.” He should have been hurt by her comment but he knew that Kevin was sitting right beside her so she couldn't admit that they'd had a few good rounds that night at the cabin.. Kevin was a lucky man. No doubt about it.

Once she gave him the needed information.”Tell Krista that I'll call her once we get in and settled.”

“You got it.”

“And Nick?”

“Yeah?”

“Take good care of my friend. Make sure she has a good time but not too good of a time. You know what I can do on a good day so just add the pregnancy hormones and double it.”

“Hands off in other words.”

“ I know you both and trust me when I say I don't that'll be a problem. Look I've gotta go. Just make sure she's comfortable okay?”

“I think I can handle that. Wait, how will I know her?”

“Make a sign or something. That way she sees you.”

He sighed.”The things I do for you.”

“Thank you Nicky. You're the best,”Skylar said and hung up.

“So did he buy it?”Kevin squeezed her hand on the armrest.

“The part about me hurting him? Yeah. All he has to do is remember that I left him out in the freezing cold for two hours and that should keep his hormones under control.”

“I thought you wanted him to hook up with her?”

“I want him to get to know her before they do anything. You've met her. She may be on the wild side but she eventually wants everything I now have.”

“I get it.”

“So what'd you do with Mason this time?”

“I left him with Jules. She said she understood and he likes staying with her for some reason. I have a feeling she spoils him a little more than you do.”

“Only because I love him as much as I do you gorgeous. “Kissing him softly.




Three hours later Nick was standing at the security gate, feeling like a complete fool with the sign held across his chest. He waited about ten minutes before he was approached. Well if this was Skylar's friend, there would be no problems. She looked like a librarian with her hair pulled back and tiny wire rimmed glasses. If it hadn't been for the upper half, he'd have probably thought twice about it.

“I'm assuming Skylar sent you?”

“You must be Krista.”

She nodded.”So where is Skylar?”

“Uh, that's a long story.”

“Well since you're here I imagine it's a good one so lay it on me.”

So not what he expected from her friend.”Kevin surprised her with a trip to the Hawaiian Islands.”

“Lucky...hold up. I thought she was with somebody else.” She was confused. Last time they'd talked about Skylar's love life was about a month ago when she was still seeing this one. At least she thought it was him

“Uh... that would have been me and it didn't exactly work out.”

“Oh. Okay. Well you know my name so?”

“ Nick.”

“Well Nick, where am I staying since she's out of town?”

“You're staying at Kevin's place.”



“Okay.” They walked in an uncomfortable silence to the baggage claim then it dawned on her.“So you're the one she hooked up with.” Scrutinizing him from head to toe as they waited for the remainder of her luggage at the baggage carousel. He just didn't seem Skylar's type. Kevin was more the stability she needed. This one just seemed...well, more like herself. More her type truth be told but she could tell he was turned off and it was the glasses and hair that did it.”I don't get it.”

Well that wasn't too harsh. His eyes moved over her and he remarked,”So you're the friend.” He couldn't deny that her body screamed fuckable but the image still didn't match.”I don't get that.”

The nerve! She wasn't being mean. She just didn't see what Skylar would see in him. Okay, the big blue eyes got her but beyond that she was clueless as to how Skylar fell prey to the long and lean thing. She concentrated on the machine shoving the assortment of baggage out of the chute. Once hers came around, she grabbed it and pulled the handle up. She wasn't about to talk to him anymore than she had to.”So where's the car?”

He was on the phone and once he was done, he answered her question.” It'll be here in just a second.”

“You didn't drive?”

“Kind of. Come on. It'll be here any minute now.”

“Fine.” She followed him out the door and stood there next to him as he looked for their vehicle. Pulling the clip out of her hair, she fluffed it out.

He hadn't even noticed until the limousine pulled up. Well, the long, curly hair was an improvement but the glasses were still a deterrent for him. He grabbed her suitcase and offered to take her carry on as the trunk popped open.

“Is this supposed to impress me?”

“No. I was just trying to be nice but you're not making it very easy.”

“As opposed to your charming demeanor,”She returned.

“Most women find me very charming.”

“They must be out of their ever lovin minds then.”

“I don't put on a monkey suit for just anybody. I was only trying to help out a friend;”he replied; jerking the door open for her after securing the trunk. He decided that it might be nice for Skylar's friend to have a little fun her first day in town. So much for that. She was turning out to be a royal pain.

Krista attempted to apologize but he slammed the door before she had the chance. Asshole! When they arrived at Kevin's house, he grabbed her luggage and literally threw it on the floor once they were inside. She really was beginning to wonder what it was that Skylar found so hot about him. He'd shrugged the suit jacket off and her eyes landed on his butt. There we go! Holy shit! Add that to the entire package and Bam! Oh fuck she was in trouble! She didn't know why he was staying but she followed him into the kitchen.

He opened the refrigerator door and grabbed a bottle of water. He loosened the tie then took a long nice swig of the the cool beverage. She stood there staring at him like he shouldn't be there.”What?
I was thirsty. It's not like I'm raiding the refrigerator or something.”

She took her glasses off and glared at him.” God did she make a mistake with you!”

“Now hold on just a goddam minute there prissy!”Setting the bottle on the counter and closing the space between them. Her eyes almost took him off guard. They were gorgeous. A smoky blue with gold and green flecks in them. Damn! He'd never noticed that much in a woman. Especially her eyes. He drew himself back and started in on her again.” You have no right to be making judgment calls on something you know nothing about.”

“Then enlighten me. It's not like I have anywhere to go.” Damn! Was it getting hot in here? She stepped back a little.

“You're not worth the time and effort but if anything comes up, my number is on the refrigerator door.
Welcome to LA!”
Chapter 2 by Simple Sue
Fuck! Men were idiots! She plopped down onto the barstool and looked around. She heard her cell phone going off and she yanked her purse strap across the counter; pulling it to herself. She reached in and pulled it out. Hitting the talk button, she said,”Why the hell did you do this to me? You knew I was coming!”

Skylar knew she'd be pissed but Nick must have done something to piss her off.” Kevin just sprung this on me. I really am sorry but you've been to this place. It's absolutely gorgeous.”

“I know but God! How did you end up in bed with this guy?! He's fucking annoying!”

“That's how. He knows how to get under your skin without even trying.”

“He's an asshole! It's a wonder he gets laid at all.”

“Krista. I'm sure it wasn't that bad.”

“I was just making conversation and said I couldn't see the connection between you two and he got offended apparently and remarked that he couldn't see us as friends.”

“I'll talk to him.”

“Don't worry about it. I can take care of myself but I do want to know how you and Kevin got back together.”

“When I moved out, I left my favorite necklace sitting on the dresser and he found it. His little boy Mason was the clincher though. When he started telling Daddy how much he missed me, it started the ball rolling. He realized he never fell out of love with me. He just thought that I was in love with somebody else. I wasn't.”

“I can see why.”

“Nick's not a bad guy Krista. He just has that foot in mouth disease like all guys do sometimes.”

“Not a good first impression though.”

“I know. I'm sorry lady but everybody deserves a second chance y'know?”

She took a deep breath. Skylar was right. She could give the guy one more chance before she wrote him off.”I'll try.”

“I hate to cut this short but we're about to head out for lunch.”

“You're gonna love the pineapple there on the islands. It's so amazingly sweet and juicy. You'll have fun licking it off of each other.”

“I'm sure we will. Have fun and I promise we'll have some you and me time when I get back. Just the girls.”

“I'm looking forward to it lady. Bye.” She hit the end button and went to the refrigerator door. She looked at the number for a few minutes. Maybe later.


Skylar dialed Nick's number immediately after hanging up with Krista. She hadn't been in town a day and he was already fucking up.

Nick looked down at his caller ID . Shit! How is it a woman nearly a foot shorter than him could strike fear into him? Oh yeah, she had a man about his size to back her up if she needed any help. “Hey Sky!” Pretending nothing was wrong. He was sure that bitch on wheels Krista had given Skylar a completely different version of what had happened between them.

“Do you remember freezing your nuts off a couple of months ago Carter?”

“Couldn't forget that if I tried.”

“Then why the hell are you pissing my friend off already?! Jesus Nick! That's some kind of record.”

“I was trying to lighten the blow of her BEST friend blowing town before she got here and nothing I did seemed to please her.”

“According to her , you got defensive.”

“Yeah I did. Only because she pissed me off first. She just couldn't believe you and I could have ended up together. So I may have said that I couldn't see you two as friends.”

“You should have just kept your mouth shut there.”

“Should I have just pretended I was a deaf mute? Would have been a lot easier.”

“Nick, I've known her a lot longer.”

“So she can't lie about anything then right?”

“I didn't say that but your track record kinda outshines hers. I want to believe you but maybe you being the peacemaker in this situation would be a good idea.”

“Are you serious?! Not only did she insult me at the airport, I grabbed a bottled water out of the refrigerator when we got to your place and she thought I was being rude. I put on a friggin monkey suit and got a limo for your girl. I was hot! I needed something to drink. I didn't think I was stealing the crowned jewels for crying out loud!”

“So what else did she say to piss you off Nick?” Attempting to stifle her laughter. Sounded like it was most likely true. After all, Krista did have a history of pushing men's buttons but if her plan was going to work, Nick needed to be the one to apologize. Regardless of whether he was right or wrong.

“She said you'd made a mistake with me. What's so funny?!”

“I think you like her.”

“God no! I'm sorry but she's psycho.”

“Please just apologize Nick. After that, I don't care what happens.”

“Fine,”he reluctantly agreed.”But don't expect me to like it.”

“It'll do you some good to be the bigger person just this once. Trust me. Take her some flowers too. She loves lavender roses but I think these things they call alstromerias would soften the blow in this case. Wouldn't want her to think you like her or something,”Skylar teased.

“You're loving this aren't you?”

“Immensely. Give her a day then take them over. She needs at least that long to cool off.”

“Whatever you say and since I'm starting on this bigger person thing, have a good time.”

“You too.”

“I'll try.”He said as she hung up on him. Kevin must have already been having a little fun with her. He really was happy for them but he still wanted somebody in his life. It would never be Krista. He was sure of that.
Chapter 3 by Simple Sue
He knocked on the door late the next morning and waited for her to answer. Well, she didn't have any real access to transportation so he made his way around to the back gate and unlatched it. Maybe she was out here. Yep! Lord! She was in the pool. Lord she was making a dip in the pool look sexual. There was no way in hell he just let that thought cross his mind. What?! She was an attractive woman. He couldn't deny that but he wasn't about to let her know he thought she was. She'd have the upper hand then and he couldn't have that. No telling what she'd do. He sat in one of the lounge chairs near the patio table and waited for her to finish. It really sucked being a slave to your hormones. She stepped out of the pool at the shallow end and even in a one piece suit, she curved in all the right ways. Not to mention the animal print on it.Fuck! Houston! We have a problem downstairs! He hated her. How could she be doing this to his body?! It wasn't fair!

She jumped back about ten feet when she realized she wasn't alone.”Do you ever fucking announce yourself?” She spat and after regrouping, approached the table where her towel and sunglasses sat.
Grabbing the towel, she started drying herself off.

“Hello to you too.”

“I am alone here you know. I wasn't expecting somebody to be sitting by the pool once I jumped out.”

“I'm sorry but I did come by to apologize. We kind of got off on the wrong foot and I'm sorry for that,”he replied and offered her the flowers. Her anger only seemed to fuel the party going on in his pants. She was seriously hot when she got all fired up.

She looked at the flowers. They were one of her favorites. Even one of her favorite colors too. Skylar was behind this. She had to be. She knew her friend too well.”She sent you didn't she?”

“Jesus Krista! Can't you let anyone ever be nice to you without being suspicious of their intentions?”

“When it comes to Skylar, no.”

“You're impossible. I don't know how it is you even make friends much less meet men.”

“If you weren't being forced here, you might have found the answer to that.” The evident arousal in his faded blue jeans hadn't gone unnoticed and it was making her tingle in places she didn't want to be when it came to him. She left the flowers on the table and walked into the house; not even caring if he followed. Okay, maybe a little.

He grabbed the bouquet off the table and followed her in.”Look, I'm not asking for a lifetime commitment, I'm just trying to make peace here. I know you were expecting your friend to be here when you arrived. Instead, you got this strange, moronic idiot of a guy to deal with for a week. I just think it would be a lot easier if we attempted to get along. At least for our friend's sake if nothing else.”Turning on the famous grin. Please God let this work!

Did that actually work? Oh damn! It did. It just got ten degrees hotter in here. Maybe she wasn't giving him a fair chance plus she did need him for transportation. Maybe she could give it a shot.”Okay. You're right. I wasn't being fair.”

“So we agree we both had a difference of opinion?”

“Yeah. So tell me Nick, do you know where these two keep vases? Can't leave these gorgeous flowers out of water for too long.”

“So you really like these things?”

“Yeah. They last a lot longer than roses and they're just as pretty.”

“Most women love roses,”He commented as he found the cabinet where all their vases were stored and pulled one out. He set the nice crystal vase down on the counter next to the sink and she asked him where the knives were. That could be dangerous but he took a chance and found one of those for her.

She filled the clear container with water as he returned with the knife.”Thank you and just to let you know, I'm not most women. I considered myself a little outside the norm. Don't get me wrong. I like roses just as much as the next girl.” She pulled them out of the plastic wrap and cut the rubber band holding them.

He just smiled as he watched her as she cut the stems at the perfect angle; delicately arranging them in the vase. What was it about flowers that just seemed to brighten any woman's day? It was like she did a complete three sixty when she went to work on them. She set them in the middle of the island.

“What?” She smiled shyly.

It was the first time since they'd met the day before that she hadn't been on guard. It was nice.”Nothing really. I just like the way your face lit up when you were arranging the flowers.”

“I just thought it would be rude to not accept your peace offering after all the hell Skylar most likely put you through.”

“Well she can be intimidating sometimes.”

“Sometimes?”

Nick chuckled.”So I'm not the only one that thinks this?”

“Lord no! I love my friend but she can be overbearing.”

“That's putting it lightly.” Maybe they were going to get along after all.

Krista giggled. Well they at least they agreed about Skylar. Maybe she could make get along with him for awhile.”So Nick,” she said putting the knife in the sink.”I haven't been out of this house in nearly twenty four hours. Maybe we could do something.”
“Like?”

“I don't know. Maybe you could show me LA after dark through your eyes.” She wasn't used to making the first move. She was making a move? Even if she was just making male friends, she always let them make the invitation. She was just old fashioned in the sense that the man should be the one to chase. Last time she checked, men still liked a good challenge. What was the point if they didn't have to work for it?

Was she asking him out? Nah. She didn't seem like the type. She was self confident granted but there was something about her that told him she was going to be a challenge. Wait! Was he considering her as a date? Maybe. Maybe he should just take her out and see how things progress. It certainly couldn't hurt.”My eyes?”

“Yeah. The way you do a night on town as Nick the guy, not the popstar.”

“So are we calling this a date?”

“I say we just call it two people enjoying each other's company and take it from there. What do you say?”

He didn't want to look relieved but apparently she had the same idea as he did. He was feeling something he didn't expect to be feeling with her but at the same time he wanted to impress her with what he could do without using his name.” What time should I pick you up?”
Chapter 4 by Simple Sue
The minute he got home, he dialed Skylar's number; praying she'd answer.

“This better be good Nick.”

“I think I like your friend.”

“You hated her yesterday. What changed?”

“I don't know. I can't explain it. I just know she's totally different from you and I'm curious.”

“If you're looking to get her into bed Nick, I'm just letting you know she's not that kind of girl.”

“I know. I was just curious if you knew a couple of her favorite songs.”

“As in romantic?”

“It doesn't matter.”

“I know you're gonna be making a sacrifice for one but the other should be easy enough. She likes the Christina Perri song , A Thousand Years. As for the other one, it's an old country song but she loves it. It's called The Chair by George Strait.”

He'd had a notepad ready to go and was taking it down as she told him.”Any others I should know about?”

“Nick, why are you doing this really?”

“I'm just trying to show your friend a good time without it being too good. I don't want her to think I'm a complete fool.”

“She liked the flowers didn't she?”

“She loved them.”

“Then you're getting through and the fact that she accepted your apology means she's willing to try and make it work.” It's starting to work. Secretly, she was doing a little happy dance inside. She really could see the two of them together and the fact that he's trying this hard to impress her only proves it. She only hoped Krista was feeling the same way.

“I hope so. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot.”


“Could it be? Oh my God! You're growing up Nicky!” She teased.

“If I weren't in such a rush to put this evening together, I'd give you hell. You know that don't you?”

“Unfortunately you can hang with the best there. Anything else I can help you with?”

“Just tell me that Kevin won't kill me for interrupting your trip again.”

“I'll handle him. He'll forget by the time we leave here anyway. I'll make sure of it.”

“Something tells me I don't need the details on that. See ya later!” He hung up.



She was taking one last look in the mirror when the doorbell. Damn! Was he early or was she running late? She looked at her gold bracelet watch and noticed he was right on time. Seven on the dot. No matter how early she started getting ready, she never seemed to be by the time they arrived. But this wasn't a date she kept reminding herself. Then why was she all dolled up and worried about what he would think? The doorbell rang again. She wasn't going to get angry about that. He knew she was there. Pulling the door open, their eyes met. Wow! His eyes really were blue as the sky. It wasn't helping that he was wearing the shade of blue that would make them pop even further. The matching black slacks and jacket only made them more prevalent. Pull it together Krista! You are a grown woman after all.”You clean up nice,”she said; brushing off the very real attraction she was now feeling. Yesterday she hated him and now it was like she wanted to jump on him and ride him til the sun rose.

The girl really didn't know how beautiful she was. Her dress was off the shoulder and pink. Very feminine. She was a contradiction for sure. Maybe that's what made her so fascinating. She didn't fit one mold. Her hair was pulled up off her shoulders but not wound up like before. Soft little curls framing her face. She wasn't wearing glasses. That was it. That's what was different. She must wear contacts.”You look beautiful.”

She smiled sweetly. It'd been awhile since she'd been told that.”Thank you. Come on in. I've got to get my shoes and purse.”

Closing the door behind himself, he waited for her to come back. His heart skipped a beat when heard the click of her heels on the tile floor. He was trying to avoid the fact that he wanted this to be a date when yesterday he wanted to strangle her. It didn't make sense to him.”Shall we?” He opened the door for her.

“Thank you.” Why was she playing it so safe? She could have said something particularly rude but it's like she'd put a child monitor on her mouth. Yesterday, she couldn't stand the guy and now she was just waiting for the first time he tried to kiss her.

“Do you have a key?” He said before closing the door.

“They did leave me one of those. Thanks for asking.”

He closed the door and escorted her to his car; his hand ever so slightly at the small of her back all the while. He took her to a nice little Italian restaurant. Nice but not too nice. Once they broke the ice, the conversation flowed easier than he expected. The fact that she was more than ten years his senior did throw him a little off guard but she certainly didn't look it and she definitely didn't act it. He thought it would be odd to date an older woman but he never really stopped to look at the advantages. For one, they knew what they wanted. And two, just think of the experience they had. So far he'd done everything right but the dancing in the moonlight would either be a dealbreaker or the one that steals her heart. Not all women were the same. He didn't want to be presumptuous and just take her hand so he let her lead in that right. He grabbed the portable I POD deck out of the back seat. The silence between them wasn't uncomfortable now. Her smile was all he needed to know that she was having a good time. He wasn't even doing this for Skylar anymore. This was all for himself. The more he got to know about her, the more he liked her. She took his hand and they took the small path leading to the beach.


She slipped out of her heels when they reached the sand. He was definitely making all the right moves for romance but is that what she wanted? She had come to see her friend after all. She never expected to have a fling. She was calling it that because she didn't want to believe what her heart was letting her feel.”Do you do this a lot?” She broke their long silence.

He stopped and looked at her. Man! Full moons make you do crazy shit. He wanted to blame it on that but deep down he knew it was more than he intended.”Do you think this is one of my moves?”

“If it is, it's a good one,”she replied. Where'd that come from? Lord it was cold she thought as she felt the slight breeze come in off the water.

He noticed her shiver and pulled his jacket off. As he pulled it around her shoulders, their eyes met for the umpteenth time but it was different with the elements surrounding them. Like anything could happen and they could blame it on the moonlight but for some reason, he didn't want to rush right into things with her(despite what his hormones wanted). “Better?”

She simply nodded. Her vocal cords managed to tighten up. Their lips were so close and for a brief moment she thought kissing him would be a good idea but she scolded herself for that thought. If he was worth his weight, there would be another time. Thank God he had the same thought. Her heart was bursting out of her chest and she had no clue why. Maybe because it was the most romantic gesture any man had ever made in her life and that it was one of the simplest. She was so lost in thought that she almost didn't hear him.

“May I have this dance?” He extended his hand and she readily accepted.

Man he was good. The first song could have been a lucky guess but the second one he had to have talked to Skylar.”If you're trying to win brownie points, you just scored double.” Referring to the George Strait song that was playing.

“You like it.”


“I love it.” His hand wrapped around hers and he clutched it against his chest just next to where she rest her head. Her free hand slid up around his neck as he held the small of her back with his free hand. It felt right. So very, very right. He didn't want it to end. But it had to. Things had changed. Whether it would end up where he wanted it to, he didn't know. He just knew he wanted to get closer to her.

When they arrived at the doorstep later that evening, she knew it would be so easy to get it overwith and lay one on him but she was old fashioned and she didn't want to explain the reasons why she wouldn't kiss him on the first date. Yeah, it had turned into one of those. “Thank you for a really good time Nick.”Softly kissing him on the cheek before turning the key in the lock.

That was it?! She closed the door without so much as blinking. Was he losing his touch? He wanted to take it slow but was a goodnight kiss so much to ask for? Maybe it was the right thing to do if he didn't want to mess it up. Maybe she was worth the wait.
Chapter 5 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


It's Tuesday! I have 2 chapters today! Enjoy!


Closing the door last night was the hardest thing to do. It would have been so easy to let all those old fashioned morals of hers fly out the window and jump into bed with him. He knew it too but something told her if she played coy that he would come running back for more. That challenge. He forgot to take his jacket with him. She had it hanging over one of the backs of the seated barstools. She ran her hand over it and grinned foolishly at how she felt when he wrapped it around her shoulders. He was so close and it made parts of her tingle like they never had before. Krista looked at the blank page on the screen of her laptop. This stuff should come easy to her but her mind was a scrambled egg and every time she thought of him, her heart sped up. She wasn't going to be able to concentrate until she heard his voice. Maybe not even then. She got up and walked over to the refrigerator for the tenth time and traced her fingers over the number. She felt a little weird calling but he wasn't just going to magically appear because she wanted him to and he couldn't reach her unless she contacted him first. Pulling the piece of paper from it's place, she returned to laptop where her cell phone sat beside it. She pulled up the compose message and entered his number first. Then she typed,”Couldn't sleep at all last night. Any thoughts? Krista.” And hit send.

She pulled Skylar's number up and started typing to her as well. The final message read,” Girl, I am so in TROUBLE!” After finishing, she set her phone on the counter and tried to focus on her computer screen. She ended up minimizing the page and pulled up her e-mail. The reviews for her latest work had started coming in. With the whirlwind of things that had happened in the last two days, she had let the critiques slip from her mind. She was reading one of them when her cell went off. She looked at the caller ID and did the teenage girlie squee thing that happens to them when a boy calls. She'd definitely lost it. Regaining her 'grown up' composure, she hit the talk button.

“Hey,”he said casually.

“Good morning,”she returned with the biggest smile plastered on her face. Okay, so she missed him. Big deal! Like she was the only woman in the world that had ever got all school girlie when a guy called.

“So I got your text and I was thinking.”Great Carter. That was slick. She called you. Of course she did. You wouldn't be talking to her now if she hadn't but he knew from her text alone that she'd been up all night with thoughts of him. Couldn't have been any other reason. Well, unless she was an insomniac. Stop it! She likes you.

“What'd you come up with?” Her heart racing with the anticipation of his answer. She knew why she couldn't sleep. She just wanted to hear what his reasons were.

“I couldn't stop thinking about you. About how your lips felt when they touched my cheek. About how they would feel if they'd touch my lips. How soft they would be. What they would taste like. How you would pull away from me all shy and stuff.”

“Nick,”she protested shyly.

“But you only protest because you're thinking that good girls don't do these kinds of things on a first date. I pull you back into my arms and stare into those gorgeous eyes of yours before our lips meet again. Only this time, you kiss me. It's more urgent. You let go of all those morals and let yourself go. I let my hands wander down your body as your fingers slip into my hair. I slide my tongue between your lips and your hunger gets stronger. You move your hands lower on my body as mine move up. That's when you stop me. I want more but I know I need to back off so I do. I know there will be more.”

God! He did know what she was thinking but when it was put into words and was pouring from his lips....Lord! She was going to need a cold shower at this rate. It was a good thing she was still sitting too. Her knees would have buckled and took her right down with that. His voice had dropped an octave and holy shit! That good girl was going to climb out her bedroom window and do things she shouldn't if he kept this up.

“You still there?” He knew she was. He could still hear her breathing. Heavily. He'd even got worked up and that was only a kiss he was describing.

“Yes.”

“So what'd you come up with?” He inquired nonchalantly. Like he'd done nothing wrong in getting her all hot and bothered. He knew he was playing with fire but he had a feeling about her. Despite her initial prim and proper appearance, she was hiding a temptress.

“Pretty much the same.”

“Not to be a guy but why didn't you do that last night?”

“I figured you needed something to look forward to.” There you go!

“It takes two there you know.”

“And?”

Okay. Fair enough. She had to wait as well. He chuckled. “So anything on your schedule today?”

“I think I can fit you in. What'd you have in mind?”

“How soon could you be ready?”

“Depends on what you have in mind.”

“Have you ever been to Universal Studios?”

“No and I've been to California quite a few times too.”

“So how long would it take you to get ready?”

“Fifteen minutes.”

“Really?”

“Well I'm already dressed for outdoors so yeah. If you were taking me to dinner, I'd say more like an hour.”

“Well since I just finished working out, give me an hour and I'll be there to pick you up .”

She could just see him shirtless, sweat dripping down his body. Damn! She did not need that image. ”Works for me.”

“I'll see you in an hour then.”

“See you then.” She hung up. She groaned with frustration and her cell phone went off. Now what? She looked at the caller ID. Thank God! Skylar.”Hey girl! How's the trip going?”

“It is heaven. I love Kauai. We took a helicopter tour of the island yesterday. We're going to the fern grotto today.”

“I'm glad you're having a good time lady.”

“What's going on with you smexy?” It was a nickname that just kinda stuck with them. It was all in good fun.

“I think I'm falling in love.”

“You think?”

“Sky. He took me out last night and I wasn't calling it a date but by the end of the night, that's exactly what it turned out to be. We had dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant, danced on the beach under a full moon. He was a perfect gentleman.”

“Only because he knew what I'd do if he pushed it.”

“Neither one of us slept last night. I couldn't stop thinking about him and when he called me from the text I left, he pretty much said the same.”

“What did he say?”

“Let's just say that if I'd have kissed him goodnight last night, it's exactly what he described to me.”

“Oh Lord Krista, really?”

“You know this power don't you?”

“Unfortunately yes. Be careful.”

“Noted. Where is Kevin?”

“He just got out of the shower which means I need to get going. We've got a full day starting with breakfast.”

“And I need to get going too. Nick's going to take me to Universal Studios. He'll be here before I'm ready if I don't get going. Have fun!”

“You too and keep me updated okay?”

“You got it lady. Later!” Hanging up her phone. Skylar was right. She didn't want to be guarded with her heart but it was really hard when it was the one thing that was leading her straight into the man's arms.
Chapter 6 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


chapter number 2! :)


Nick arrived on time and by the time they arrived at the park, lunch was the issue. Looking at the map, they decided on Mel's Diner. It was fun with it's fifties nostalgic feel. While waiting for their meals to arrive, they planned out the remainder of the day. The park would only be open for another six hours and there was an array of things to do. So they wouldn't lose their lunches right away, they decided on the Universal house of horrors as their first stop and move onto The Simpsons virtual roller coaster. After that it would be King Kong 360 3-D followed by the Jurassic Park water ride then take in the special effect stage while they dried off. He held her hand across the table of the booth they were sitting in and just smiled as she laid out their afternoon schedule. She looked up.”What?”

“You like to plan things out don't you?”

“I find it's effective most times.”

“Do you ever just do something totally unplanned?”

Figuring that after that little session this morning on the phone, he deserved this answer.”Sex.”
And looked back down at the map briefly before raising her eyes to meet his reaction. She bit her lip when his eyes locked onto them. His eyes met hers.”So did you come up with a flavor on my lips?”
Running her tongue ever so slightly over them. He swallowed hard at the simple action.

She doesn't miss a beat. She'll have her turn.” I was thinking something sweet or fruity.”

“Like?”

“Cotton candy or strawberries,”he managed to produce just as the waitress arrived with their burgers.

Krista released his hand and grabbed the map; folding it as the waitress set their plates down. After inquiring if they needed anything else, she left them alone.

“Am I right?”

“I don't know. I forgot what I brought with me this time. Guess you'll just have to wait.” She lifted one of the shoestring potatoes and tilted her head back as she slowly took the entire thing into her mouth.

“You're not gonna even give me a hint?”

She smirked.”You'll get your answer soon enough.” Taking a bite of her hamburger.

Fuck! She just made everything look sexual now. It wasn't fair. Wait. Don't you hit them right out of left field so they don't see it coming? This one is biting you in the ass but now he was seeing the foreplay game thrown back at him. And she wasn't even being dirty about it. It was going to be a long day. He got his revenge though. He found out over the course of the day that she wasn't big on roller coasters and managed to coerce her into getting on The Mummy. She was clinging to him by the time they exited the ride. She was just happy to be off of it the way she was holding onto his arm. She eventually released her grip on his arm and casually tangled her fingers in his. He thought she'd be mad and maybe she was but she never said the words. Maybe her silence was her revenge. By this time, the park was getting ready to close so they walked hand in hand out to his car. He opened the door and she got in without so much as a word. This couldn't be good. Once he got in on his side, he turned to her and said,”Did I do something?”

“No. I'm just trying to find my stomach is all.”She smiled. She was lying to him but it'd been fun torturing him for taking her on that ride.

“You sure?”

“I'll be fine in a few. I promise. I'm just not used to those kinds of rides.” Leaning over and placing a chaste kiss on his cheek.”By the time we get to Kevin's, it'll have passed and I'll have my appetite back. Promise.”

She was shameless. Those lips getting so close to his but never on them. What did have to do to even get a little lip action from her? He was getting more than just a little frustrated.”Okay.” Accepting her answer as they rode in silence. It wasn't a bad thing. He liked being with her now. He still couldn't believe that two days ago he couldn't stand be around her and now he couldn't wait to be with her. He walked her to the door, expecting a goodbye but instead was getting an invitation to come in.

“I've had a really good time again and I don't want it to end today. Would you like to come in? Maybe we could order pizza and watch a movie?”

“You sure you can trust me? I mean we will be all alone.” He teased.

“I was alone with you last night and survived so I think I can handle it.”

“Then yeah, I'd like that.”



The next morning they were still together. Sleep had taken over. Once they settled down and were cozied up with each other, the not knowing if it was what it was ended. They were together ; enjoying and learning about each other. Krista smiled as she found herself wrapped in his arms and she could have stayed there forever but hunger and caffeine were calling her name. She wriggled out of the circumference of his arms and made her way into the kitchen. She found the coffee filters and measured the coffee into the filter she'd placed in the maker. She added the water and turned it on. Once it was going, she perused the refrigerator finding eggs, bacon and bread. That would work. She wasn't much of a cook but she knew her way around the basics. She found a pan and pulled it out. She laid six strips of bacon in the pan and they started to sizzle. If the smell of food didn't wake this boy up, he slept harder than she did.

He stumbled into the kitchen, half asleep and leaned against the counter beside the stove where she was cooking. He was seriously falling for this girl and if he had to wait a lifetime for that kiss from her, he would. She hadn't freshened up much more than he did. Her hair was all sleep tousled and sexy as hell.
She was humming the song he'd found for her from their first date. It was sweet. “Morning.”

His voice was all gravely with remnants of sleep. And his hair! It looked like they'd just taken a roll in the hay. That kiss was getting harder to avoid but he was about to make it easier for her. Before she could even answer him, she was met with his lips on hers; soft and gentle. Letting the food on the stove go, she moved closer to him and pulled his lips to her again. His arms slid around her waist as her fingers slid into his hair. Gradually, their lips parted and his tongue twined with hers. The hem of her shirt lifted as his hand slid onto her bare back. She gripped his shoulders and breathlessly pulled away. But it was brief.

Her mouth was on his again and her hands had moved as had his. Her arms were down around him and her hands had slid up under his t-shirt. His body was starting to get that familiar stirring and he knew that if he wasn't the one to stop, it wasn't going to end up pretty. Gradually, he slowed the progression and she seemed to be satisfied with his response. As difficult as it had been, it had been the right choice. He knew things would have gone further and he wasn't about to let her make that choice. He knew she had standards and for the first time in his life, he was going to respect that.

Smiling, she looked up at him,”So what'd they taste like?”

“Cotton candy.”

“Impressive.”

“It was a lucky guess. So what's burning for breakfast?” He grinned.

She turned to the stove.”Shit!” Turning the stove off She saw the potholder hanging above the stove and grabbed it. She grabbed the handle and dropped it in the sink. She felt his hands on her shoulder as he kissed the top of her head.”It's okay. Why don't we have a cup of coffee then start over? I did kind of distract you after all.”

She turned between him and the counter.” You are so not what I expected.”

“So that means you'll sit down and let me fix you a cup of coffee?” Giving her that charming grin of his.

“Sure.” She had no idea where this was leading but if his kisses were any indication, she'd hang
around.
Chapter 7 by Simple Sue
She couldn't take her eyes off him. Three days ago it seemed impossible to imagine kissing him. Even if nothing had ever happened with him, he would have made for a great leading man in one of her books. Now that she'd got to know him and the fact that she didn't want to share him left her back at square one. Okay, so you're thinking that's just so wrong but considering how they'd started out, was it really? It's not like he would have ever known otherwise. She watched as he doctored up the cup that was hers. She liked her coffee but she couldn't do it without sweetener or creamer. And if there wasn't creamer, milk was a good substitute.

“Here we go,”he said; sitting on the stool next to hers after placing her cup in front of her.”So tell me something Krista.” He smiled as he brushed a random curl from her cheek.

“What?”she replied after taking a sip of her coffee.

“You put some of that lip gloss on before you started breakfast this morning didn't you?”

She played innocent.”Maybe.”Taking another sip of her warm concoction.

“I think you even planned for me to kiss you this morning.”

Leaning in on his chair right where it would affect him the most, she whispered against his lips,”I'm a good girl. I couldn't have planned anything that delicious.”Softly brushing her lips against his. Women may throw themselves at him when he's on stage but her gut told her that it had got old. That he wanted something real. Something that he had to earn. She eased back against the back of her chair and took another sip of her coffee.

After taking a drink from his cup, he took her hand.” I think you're a bad girl posing as prim and proper.”

“I'm just trying to keep you guessing.”As much as she wanted him to be touching her, she pulled her hand away. He was loving the cat and mouse game she played so far. She pushed her chair back far enough that she could get up. She stood between his spread legs and rest her hands on his thighs.

“What do you think you're doing?” His lips moving closer to hers.

“Playing. You?” His breath now upon her lips.

“I'll get back to you on that.” His mouth covering hers; arms slipping around her as he consumed her. He was trying to be a gentleman but he was also letting her take the lead. She wanted this. He's a guy? Who was he to argue?

Normally she wouldn't let her kisses get so hot and heavy but his kisses were explosive. The intensity was there but he could turn the fire up then let it smolder before cranking the heat back up. It was mind boggling to say the least. Maybe that's why her mind had been a big old mess before. She'd been daydreaming of what it would be like to feel his mouth on hers; tasting, nibbling, sucking. He softly nibbled her lower lip before drawing away.

“You're right. That was pretty delicious.”

“Am I the only of us that's thinking this is crazy?” She didn't want to break this playful little moment they were having but she thought it needed to be put out there.

“You mean since we were ready to kill each other three days ago? Maybe but do you really want to question this good thing we have going now?”

“No. I just have to know one thing though.” His arms still wrapped around her.

“Are you worried about the age thing?”

“I was just worried that maybe it bothered you.”

“What would give you that idea? I like being with you. I'll admit it threw me off at first but after spending a couple of days with you, I don't see you as older. I just see you as a woman I'm very interested in.”

Maybe she was over thinking things. After all, they were having a good time and he'd watched his step. So what if Skylar had a vice grip on his nuts to start with. She certainly didn't seem to have one anymore.”I guess I over analyze things sometimes.”

“Don't worry. We all do it and as much as I would love to spend all day with you, I do have plans. I know Skylar expected me to be at your beckon call but-”

She placed a finger over his lips.” But nothing. I understand. You keep your commitment. I've got things I can work on here.”

“How'd you know I wasn't going to drop them for you and all your gorgeousness?”

She blushed but answered him.”Because I know you're not the kind of guy to drop his buddies or prior engagements just for a girl.”

“Krista, I've been with a lot of girls but you're a woman. I would drop everything just to have another five minutes with you.”

“Now I can see it.”

“See what?”

“What my friend saw in you.”

“Trust me. This is a side even she didn't get to see but I should get going.”Softly kissing her.

She stepped away and let him get up. Taking her hand, he looked into her eyes.”So um, how do you feel about fish?”

“To eat ? Or look at?”

He chuckled.” To look at.”

“I love to look at them. I've even snorkeled and looked at them.”

“How would you like to go to the Aquarium Of The Pacific then tomorrow?”

“I would love that,” she said.

“It's a little bit of a drive but it's worth it. Are you generally an early bird or just with me?”

“Never had a reason to be one before you.”

He really wanted to take her in his arms and kiss the breath out of her but he did have to get going.”Then I guess it won't be a problem for you to be ready by seven thirty?”

“I'll be ready. You just make sure you are.”She reached up and pulled his mouth to hers. God she was going to miss his lips, his hands. Hell, she was just going to miss anything about him that made her body tingle.

“As much as I want to stay and kiss you all day long, I do have to get going.”

“I know.” She let go of his hand and followed him into the living room where his shoes were sitting. He'd sat his keys and wallet on the coffee table in front of the couch where they'd fallen asleep. Once he'd got his shoes on, he grabbed the items off the table and started for the door but not without her.

He didn't realize how hard it really was going to be to leave her after that earth shattering set of kisses this morning. He knew he'd been lucky to get the one but he never imagined she'd be so forward. He was still letting her have control where the physical was concerned so it shouldn't have really surprised him that much. Grabbing the handle of the door, he turned to her.”I'll see you in the morning then?”

“I'll be here.”

“See you in the morning.”He gave her his lopsided grin and kissed her softly before leaving.

She closed the door and looked out the full pane window as he pulled away. Once he was gone, she did her little girlie thing again. She had stars in her eyes. She was just flippin over the moon for him and as rocky as they'd started, it was a miracle they were civil to each other much less this. She was past the point of falling in love. She had fallen. She grabbed her phone and the cup of coffee from the kitchen counter and went to her room. Opening the lid of her laptop, she pulled up the word processor and the story she'd been trying to write started flowing from her fingers. She barely touched her coffee and it was only when she heard the notification go off on her phone. It was a text from Nick.

”Can't get enough of you. Can't wait to taste those sweet lips of yours again ;-)”


She hit the reply and typed,”Even if I put the librarian mask on again? :P” His answer surprised her though. It had been that very look that turned him off at their first meeting.

He knew that it turned him off before but any fantasy involving her would be hot now.”You're the sexiest one I know. Miss you. See you tomorrow.”

Even his words got her juices flowing. He was playing it safe and she appreciated that but she wanted to speed things up just a smidge. Accelerate the process and all that good stuff. She had a fire that needed extinguishing and at the moment, he was very male and very available to do the job. She'd worry about her heart later. She was about to start typing again when she saw the caller ID on her screen. Skylar shouldn't be calling her. Hell, she shouldn't have been calling Skylar but your friends have this tendency to know when something really good or really bad happens to you. She hit the talk and the speaker.”Hola!”

“Hey. I hadn't heard anything today. Is Nick still alive?” She teased.

“Very much so,”she replied dreamily. Oh God! She was becoming one of those. Skylar was going to have a field day when she got home.


“What happened?”

“We fell asleep watching a movie last night right? So I get up and start working on some breakfast. He stumbles into the kitchen with that freshly fucked hair . He said hey and before I could say good morning, he was kissing me.”

“So you don't want to kill him anymore?”

“Quite the opposite. I want to jump him now.”

“Krista!”

“I'm old fashioned not a corpse. I'm sorry. Is this uncomfortable for you? I mean I know with everything that happened and such.”

“No. I kind of wanted you to hook up. I think it's great that he likes you.” There was a tiny part of her that was jealous but Kevin had her heart. That's all she wanted for Krista. And if things were progressing the way it sounded, they were meant to be.

“So you think it's not just physical?”

“Kris, if it was only physical, you wouldn't be talking to him anymore.”

“I know you're right. I'm just doing that nervous girlie thing again. Even though, he did just text me.”

“Oh Lord are you gone.”

“I remember you were that way once upon a time. Something tells me Kevin may be rekindling that fire.”

“I'll admit it's been a good trip.”Feeling Kevin's arms slip around her waist and nibbling on her free ear.” Look lady. I've gotta go. Mr Richardson is requesting my attention. Just thought I'd check in.”

Krista giggled. She hoped one day she had that.”Glad you did. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.”

“Doesn't leave a lot.”

“Funny. Later.”

“Later.” Skylar turned around and looked at Kevin.”You need something?”

“I need you to be unavailable to those two for just one day. Can you handle that?”

“What? The whole five minutes I'm spending with my friend that I should have been there to meet at the airport is killing your schedule. So far as I can tell, we've stayed right on schedule. So have you checked on Mason today?”

“Okay. You win and yes I have. Jules is spoiling him rotten. They're going to Chuck E Cheese tonight.”

“You're right. She may have just topped me out in the spoiling department.” And kissed him.

“So how are the young lovers?”

“Madly in love.”
Chapter 8 by Simple Sue
After ringing the doorbell, he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. When he looked in the mirror this morning, he had this silly grin on his face and it hadn't left since. She was the cause. The minute he walked out the door yesterday, he couldn't wait to get back to her. He couldn't remember the last time he wanted to spend that much time with a woman. His face lit up even more when she opened the door. How did she do that?


“Good morning.”She smiled.

“Good morning.” Returning her smile. He pulled her into his arms. She didn't even protest.

She knew what he wanted and didn't hesitate giving it to him. Her arms slid around his neck as their lips met. How was it he knew just what set her body on fire? Just the way his tongue intertwined with hers was enough to get her going. Not to mention the way he held her just so. He hadn't been rough. Although she'd entertained him getting a little caveman on her. When his mouth left hers, he continued to hold her in his arms.

Looking into her eyes, he smiled and said,”I couldn't wait to taste your lips again.”

She giggled.”Were they as delicious as they were yesterday?”

“Even better.”

“Then I must have put more on today.”

“I'm going to buy you a lifetime supply of that lip gloss.”

Again she laughed.

“You think I'm kidding.”

“I know you're not. That's why I find it amusing. Shouldn't we get going though?”

“Do we have to?”He grinned.

“Nice try.” Pecking him on the lips.” I'll get my shoes and purse then we can get on our way.” Pulling out of his embrace.

She returned with a cute little pair of white slip on shoes to match her ever feminine wardrobe of whie capris and a short sleeved purple, well it was a light shade of purple sweater.”How is it you always look so incredible?”

“Probably the same reason you do,” she answered and grabbed her purse off the entryway table.”Ready?”

He opened the door as she found the house key. After allowing her to exit first, he came out and pulled the door closed. She turned the key in the deadbolt and took his hand. When they got to his car, he leaned in and kissed her then whispered in her ear,”I hope you brought plenty of that lip gloss with you today.”

The thought that he was going to kiss her senseless all day long got her stomach doing flip flops. He held her hand as she entered the car. He didn't let go until she was completely adjusted.

He walked around the back and climbed in on his side.

“So I looked up this place on the web last night,”Krista started.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”She said as he started the car.”I can't wait to get there. Looks like a really neat place.”

“I think it is.”

“You've been there before?”

“Once but I didn't get to see it all.”

“Oh. So what did you have in mind?”

“The Shark Lagoon.”

“I hear they're not as dangerous as the world makes them out to be.”

“They're pretty harmless creatures. They'll actually let you touch some of them here.”

“Really?” It was so cute. He was like a kid at Christmas the way his face lit up.

His eyes turned briefly to her as they came to a stop.”You think I'm nuts don't you?”

“No. I think it's sweet. You really like the ocean don't you?”

“I love it. I hope you do too by the end of the day.”

“How could I not with your enthusiasm for it?” Resting her hand over his on the wheel. “Now that I know what you like they have this aviary there too I'd like to see. How are you on birds?”

“I can take them or leave them.”

“Then you wouldn't mind if we went through it. They say the birds are very afffectionate.”

“Meaning?”

“Meaning they're not afraid of people. You can buy some nectar and it said they'll actually come and land on your arm ,hand whatever just to get a taste of it.”

“I guess I can try something new. After all, you went on the roller coaster for me.”





So three hours later after playing at the Shark Lagoon for awhile, they purchased a cup of the nectar and ventured into the lorikeet forest. They looked like mini parrots to her. It was adorable how guarded he got when the birds started approaching. One landed on the back of her hand and one on her arm. He was pretty good about the ones that he could visually locate on his shoulders but he froze when the cute little purple one landed on his head. She smiled.”You okay?”

“I was until that one landed on my head. I don't want it to do it's business up there.”

Krista laughed but she had to agree. She didn't want the bird making it's business known in his gorgeous blond strands. She liked tangling her fingers there.”Okay. Lean down a little bit and I can get him or her off of there.”

“How can you be so calm?”

“I had a cockatiel that I actually let set on my head when I let her out to spread her wings. Hold onto this.” Handing him the cup of nectar. She still had one sitting on a finger on the one hand. “Now slowly.” He eased down far enough for her to reach the top of his head. Offering her finger to the small animal, it scooted on.”There we go. Oh, you're so pretty,”she started making a baby voice to it.

Nick smiled. She was almost like Snow White the way they reacted to her. One more thing to add to that growing list of things that he was falling in love with about her. Was he falling in love with her?




It was a nice, quiet ride home with the radio playing softly. It'd been a good day. And he had stolen more than a few kisses. People were starting to give them that look of 'ugh! Get a room you two'. He'd been on that side. It was more fun being the one needing to get the room he mused. He looked over and she was staring out the window at the night sky. It was beautiful. So was she. If he didn't have to keep his eyes on the road, he could have just stared at her. Once they arrived back at Kevin's house, he walked her to the door. She had stuck the key in the lock and turned it before his lips fell against hers; her hands pressed against his chest. As the intensity of the kiss grew, so did the need to be with her. Turning the handle of the door, he pushed it open and backed her into the dark house.

She needed him. Really needed him and once her arms were free, she slid them up around his neck; tangling in his hair. He backed her against the wall and his hand slid down around her ass; drawing her leg up around his hip. She could feel how much he wanted her. Her purse dropped to the floor. His lips made a journey down her neck, over her collarbone before coming back to devour her. She slipped her hands up under his hoodie onto the bare skin of his back. His hips grinding into her. God! There was no way this wasn't not going to happen tonight.

He pulled away from her mouth and started working through the buttons of her sweater; his eyes never leaving hers as he did. She pulled his mouth to hers; claiming his breath as her own. God did he want this but it would only be physical tonight. He wanted it to be more for her. He really hated what he was about to do.
Chapter 9 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


Do you think he screwed up? Read on and find out!


He reached for the light switch and flipped it on.”I can't do this.”

What the?! They were going all hot and heavy and HE stops?! “Sure you can.”

“No. I can't.”

Krista's eyes wandered down his body; eying the bulge in his jeans.”I think you're body's saying otherwise” Dropping the sweater off her body and stepping closer.

“Please don't do this Krista.”Her hands slipping up under his clothing. His body was sending him a whole different message than what his brain was telling him he should do. She pushed the material up and despite wanting to stop her, the physical part was winning. He pulled his hoodie over his head as her hands made a steady climb; slowly followed by those delicious lips of hers. Their lips met and she started loosening his belt. His brain had turned to butter again and all it took was her touch. The minute her hand landed inside his jeans, he stopped her. For one, he knew couldn't walk away with a clean conscience if it were to happen tonight and two, the front door was still wide open for the whole world to see.”Really Krista. I can't do this.” As good as it felt. Fuck it felt good but somewhere over the last five days, he'd gained a conscience about just jumping into bed with women. Especially her.


She pulled away. Great! Just another all talk no action guy. The last two had been like that. No wonder she'd stopped believing in the very thing that made her living. She found her sweater and started pulling it on when she heard him.

“Krista, please don't be mad.”

“Why should I be mad? I just feel like a flippin fool is all,”she said as she turned around to face him.

He'd closed the door and pulled his hoodie back on before even approaching her.”Why?”

“Because for some insane reason I thought you wanted to be with me.”

“I do. Believe me, if you were any other woman in the world I wouldn't have thought twice about how you felt. I don't want to hurt you.”

“Well you did.”Tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. When it came to her heart, there was a reason she was very guarded. It wasn't because she never wanted to feel what it was like to make that part of her whole, it was the fact that she'd been that girl that sat in the corner with the purses and watched while her friends had a good time and every time a guy approached, it was usually to ask one of her friends to dance. It was just easier to keep men at a distance and in books where she could control their feelings and actions. She'd had five of the most wonderful days of her life and for a guy that a reputation for bedding women according to the worldwide web, she was feeling pretty rejected. Moreso because it made her feel undesirable.


“Krista. Look at me please.”He tilted her chin up. Yep, he was hating himself so much right now. He wanted her more than anything in the world but how could he make her understand that he wanted to make it more than just a little bit of exercise? That's all it had been lately. In she walks and he's suddenly worried about how to make it good for her instead of just getting his jollies.


“What?”Her lip started trembling Great! This 'll send him running.

“I want you more than anything in the world but I want to make it right. Not just because we're in the moment. Not the first time anyway.”

“So you want to have white hot, passionate sex with me?”

He thought about his answer for a minute but knew how he should answer. He brushed away all those soft, beautiful curls away from her face.” One day but I want the first time we have together to be something neither of us will forget fifty years down the road.”

Wow! Was he saying what she thought he was? It didn't matter but it only made her want him more.”You really mean that don't you?”

“Krista, if you told me five days ago I'd fall in love with someone like you, I'd have told them they were messed up but the more I get to know you, the longer I want to be with you.”

“Me too.”She nodded and for the first time it felt right not to not get physical. They were having one of those moments she'd only ever written about. The butterflies gone in your stomach because you know there's something more than just a chemical reaction going on. The tears had disappeared.

“So you're not mad at me anymore?”

“I shouldn't have been mad in the first place. It just made me feel a little undesirable when I was doing everything in my power just to turn you on.”

“Just you standing there could turn me on.”

Her frown had turned upside down. Something good was happening here.”So maybe it's time to say goodnight?”

“I think that might be a good idea. I'll call you tomorrow?”

“Will you?”She attempted to be cute.

“You know I will.”Taking her hand and softly kissing her on the lips.”Goodnight.”


“Goodnight.”She grinned as his hand slowly slid from hers.



The minute he walked through his door, he pulled his cell phone out and dialed his friend's number.”Got a minute Bri?”

“We're putting Bay to bed. Give me five?”

“Sure.”

“Is everything okay Nick?”

“Yeah. I just need some advice. Get Bay to bed then we'll talk.”

“Okay.” Brian hung up but he knew something was up with Nick. More than usual.

He really hated being the single man standing. They were all so happy and now he was on the verge of having that same bliss. He wasn't about to screw it up. He went and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and paced around the house until his phone went off. It had only been ten minutes but it seemed like a lifetime right now.

“So what's going on Nick?”

“I want to impress this girl...no, woman and I don't want to screw it up.”

“So why is this the first any of us is hearing about it?”

“Because I wanted to be sure of how it was going before anything happened.”

“She must be something else if you're coming to me for love advice.”

“Bri, I know relationships aren't perfect but you and Leigh have one that's the closest to it I've ever seen so you're doing something better than the rest of us.”

“It takes work and there are times we get on each other's nerves but at the end of the day, she's the only person I want to share all the ups and downs with. Is that what's going on with you? Found a girl that special?”

“She's not a girl Rok. She's an intelligent, beautiful woman and is crazy about me.”

“You're right. She needs to be locked up,”Brian teased.

“I'm serious man.”

“I know. Geez! So what do you want to know?”

“ I want to give her a night she won't forget.”

“This isn't all about sex is it Nick?”

“No. I want to make sure she remembers more than that.”

“Okay. Then you find out what she wants to do and go from there. That's a night she'll never forget. Then if you're lucky, the romance of you letting her decide will be the one thing that puts her in your arms.”

“Okay.”

“Nick. Have you said the words?”

“I told her I had fallen in love. I haven't even known her a week and I'm seeing us with kids. Am I crazy?”

“No. You're in love. I can't wait to meet this woman.”

“That's why I called you cuz I knew I'd screw up and you'd never meet the wonderful woman that's changed my life.”

“I'm happy for you Nick but if I don't get going myself, I'll be sleeping on the couch.”

“I know. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.” Both of them hanging up. He'd call Krista in the morning. Otherwise, he'd be right back over there and they both needed a little space. Besides, it would just make it all that more spectacular. For the both of them.
Chapter 10 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Okay it's saturday and sadly you know what that means. No update til Tuesday.:( Enjoy today's though. I guarantee he'll be worth the wait :)


Another night and very little sleep but it didn't feel like it. Brian was right He was in love. There was no other explanation for it. It was incredible how she came into his life and turned his world upside down in less than a week. If they'd have started out liking each other, they wouldn't be where they are now he mused as he lay there staring at the ceiling; the sheets kicked off. He remembered how she felt resting against his body when they fell asleep watching the movie. He watched her as she made herself comfortable. That was the most she'd let her hair down with him. Sure he had to stretch a little the next morning before he found her in the kitchen. So he played her a little with the sleep factor but she was receptive to that kiss. Very receptive he thought as he felt that goofy grin crossing his lips like it did every time he thought of her. He turned his head and looked at the alarm clock. Nine fifteen. He didn't want to seem too eager. Why not? It was already out there. No. Time to get that workout in before he talked to her. Hopefully that would cool the hormones this morning.

Around ten thirty, he strolled into the kitchen and grabbed a bottled water, still patting the sweat off with a towel. He grabbed his phone off the counter and checked to see if she'd called. What was he thinking? He was finding she was a very old fashioned girl when it came to pursuit. Once she'd got the ball rolling, she'd let him do all of it. It was a game that men and women had played throughout time and despite his frustration, he was loving every minute of it. He headed for his room and fell onto the bed; propping himself up with a pillow against the headboard. He hit the recall button for her number and waited for her answer.


Looking down at her caller ID, her face lit up. Crazy at it was, she was in love with a younger man. One that could give her a reputation for being known as well, you know. But she wasn't that kind of girl. Never had been but older women and younger men had always been categorized about the sex. For men it was always about having a hot , young chick on their arm. A trophy or something. Women were supposed to know better but all the older men she'd ever gone out with were well set in their ways and weren't even willing to bend a little bit when it came to trying new things. That's why she didn't jump into bed with just any one of them. So not all of theme are that way but she hadn't met that one that was flexible so that's why she dated younger men. They were more open and you could train them. Joke.... joke! Hitting the talk button, she said,”Good morning.”

“Hey What are you doing on this wonderful morning gorgeous?”

She blushed. Good thing he couldn't see that.” Reading my email right now.”

“Anything interesting?”

“Well I got one to enlarge a certain part of my anatomy and being as I'm not a man, I doubt it would work.”

She did that on purpose.”I think you're trying to get me all worked up.”

“Is it working?”

“Well I think you know from experience already, I don't need any help there.”

“Do I?”She played innocent. He deserved some of it. Especially after their first date. The detail he went into about what it would be like to kiss her. Every time she thought of it, she got wet. It was funny that before him she could only write about the stuff but could never say the words and now, well he didn't make her feel so uncomfortable about it. Other than needing him like crazy.

He groaned but he could work with this. She wanted to play sounded like.” I think you do and since I left you last night, I couldn't stop thinking about what it would feel like to have your hand wrapped around it again; stroking it.”

He was right. She could play sweet and innocent all she wanted but last night was proof that she wasn't what he thought before. That mask she'd worn into town had come off and the game show hostess was coming out to do her thing.”How's the thought of my mouth wrapped around it strike you?”

“I think we'd better rewind a little bit.” His dick getting hard just with that thought alone. He didn't know if would make it through the night.

“You sure cuz it sounded like you were really starting to enjoy yourself and that was kinda getting me wet.” Closing her laptop and setting it aside on the bed. If this was going where she thought it was, she was gonna need that out of the way.

He swallowed. Shit! He'd just worked out and here she was ready to give him another workout. “You sure you wanna do this?”

“I wanted to last night but you were being a gentleman so I couldn't.”

“And you think this is a good idea?”

“You think it's not?”

“Just trying to be a gentleman here.”

“Stop. I'm not gonna break. I want to have your cock deep inside me; making me cum like I never have.” Her hands wandering beneath the pajama shorts she was wearing.

“You're not making this very easy Krista.”

“It's not supposed to be. Fuck Nick! You should feel how wet I am for you right now.”

This was the same girl that got mad at him for turning her down last night? He must have been out of his mind to turn her down. No! It was the right thing to do then. This was just phone sex after all. If he was lucky, it would be the real deal tonight. “And you have no idea how hard I am for you girl.” Wrapping his hand around his length; imagining it was her mouth doing the work.

She hit the speaker on her phone and laid it beside her.”Does it feel good to have my mouth wrapped around that long, thick juicy cock of yours Nick? Tell me.”

He hit the speaker on his phone and said,”God that feels good Krista but I want to taste you. Suck on your clit and slide my tongue through the soft pink lips then when you can't take anymore, fuck you senseless with my tongue.”

She could feel his arms wrapped around her legs;grasping her thighs as he laid claim to her with his mouth. Those big blue eyes dark with desire for her. She slid a finger inside herself as she used her thumb to press on her clit. Her breathing becoming labored.

“You still there Krista?” He continued pleasuring himself. The thought of those delectable, heart shaped lips stroking his cock. She had no idea how good she was with her words alone.

“Yes....oh God yes!”She was doing things to herself she'd never done manually. Guess all it took was the right man.”Please tell me how much you want me Nick.”

He was losing control on his side and it sounded like she needed that release herself. They could take their time later. “God Krista! I wanna be so deep inside you right now; your tight little pussy wrapped around me. God you feel so good baby! I want to take my time but I know you need this as much as I do. Oh Shit!” He moaned and he let loose; his desire spurting onto his stomach.

She'd pushed two fingers inside herself and just shortly after he'd reached that point, her body fell victim to the power of his words. She could hear his erratic breath on the other end and waited as she regrouped herself.

“Don't go anywhere. I'll be right back.” He'd make it through the night now he was sure and the overpowering hunger would be fed. Now he could actually make love to her, not fuck her. After cleaning himself up, he returned.”Krista. You okay?”

“Never better. No wonder women are dying to get into your bed.”

“I don't want that anymore. You're the only one I want there now.”

“So why did you really call Nick?”

“I called to see what you wanted to do tonight.”

“You mean you don't have plans for us already?”

“No. Is there something you'd like to do while you're here?”

“Well...um...wow. I don't think I've ever planned a date.”

“This is about you tonight Krista.. Anything you really want to do?”

“Well I'd like to see the city at night from the Hollywood hills but I was thinking we could maybe do this dinner and a movie thing I've seen.”


“Dinner and a movie?”

“Yeah. You can have dinner at the movies now.”

“That sounds interesting. I'm game. So what kind of movie would you absolutely refuse to see?”

“Well being as we'll be eating, I don't want to see anything with a lot of blood and guts. I wouldn't want to see that on a good day so I'm pretty open beyond that.”

“So you would see an action/adventure movie?”

“Yeah but don't I get to pick the movie?”

“Well yeah but since I know this town, I thought I'd find the theater you're looking for then send you a text with all your choices of movie. How does that sound?”

“Makes sense to me. So this is really all me tonight?”

“Yeah. Is there anything else I need to know?”

“Yeah. My favorite color rose is lavender.”

“You want flowers?” He teased.

“Too much?” Maybe she pushed it too far.

He chuckled.“Nope. I'll keep that in mind and as soon as I know what we're looking at for movie
times, we'll talk about what time I'll pick you up.”

“Nick?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“For?”

“For not turning out to be one of those 'guys'.”

“Anything for you beautiful. I'll text you soon. Can't wait to see you tonight.”

“Me neither. Bye.” Tonight couldn't get here soon enough.
Chapter 11 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



It's Tuesday! Yay! Does lil happy dance. Okay enough of that. enjoy!


She watched as he sat in his SUV and fidgeted. That's the only way she could describe it. It was really sweet. Although she was nervous herself and there really should be no reason. Oh yeah, there was. That morning. Things had changed. For the better she hoped. The most she'd seen of him naked was his chest. And she'd felt the one thing she wanted to get to know much better. But it wasn't completely because of the sex. She wanted to know every part of him. She saw the door open and she quickly moved from the window. She waited for the doorbell. When it did ring, she gave it a minute. Don't want to seem too anxious. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and wow! It was totally retro. So maybe not that but he looked very hot. So much so that she almost didn't want to leave the house. She grabbed the loosely knotted tie and kissed him. She felt one arm slip around her body and hold on as they continued 'swapping spit' as her grandparents had always referred to it as. To her it was just good old fashioned French kissing. When she pulled away, his eyes regarded her differently.

Oh man! He definitely didn't want to leave the house. Any doubts he may have had before had now disappeared. He didn't know how she managed to look more gorgeous every time he saw but she did.”Hello to you too.”He smiled.” What was that for?”

“This morning.”She grinned.

“Well what would this get me then?” Producing the single lavender rose from behind his back.

“Not as much as you'd like right now but it will get you another one of these.”Pulling his mouth to hers as his arms wrapped around her; the rose dropping to the floor as his hands slid down around her butt. She whimpered slightly then pulled away.

“You sure we have to leave the house?”

“You don't know how tempted I am to say yes.”

“I'll be a good boy.”

“What's the fun in that?”She teased and turned to find the rose just a few inches away from where they stood. Bending over, he got a sneak peak at what was under her skirt.

God she really didn't play fair! Didn't she own any jeans or slacks?

“Why don't I get this in some water then we can get going. Don't want to be late for the movie.” She'd noticed what she'd done. That was the point. The longer he had to wait the better. It wasn't like she wasn't denying herself the early gratification.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?”

“Not yet but I hope you tell me again before the night's over.”

“I can guarantee it won't be the last.”

“Did I tell you how handsome you look tonight?” Turning to him after she'd got the rose settled.

“Your eyes did.”

“I've really gotta work on that. Shall we?”

He took her hand.”Ready when you are.”

Loaded words if ever she'd heard them. The movie and dinner almost felt like an in flight movie only a larger production. And you could snuggle afterwards. There was no doubt as to where the evening would end. She knew there would be the possibility of him having to contend with fans and the looks she would get and sure enough she did. Screw 'em. Last time she checked, they didn't own him. She knew the feeling of jealousy as you watched your favorite celebrity cozy up to their wife or girl on television. She could only imagine what it was like to have it happen live and in person but she didn't get to know Nick as his 'celebrity', she just knew him as Nick. He was a good guy. Even polite to the ones trying to drape themselves on him. He did look worried as to what she would think about it all. It was a lot to wrap your head around on a night that was supposed to be reserved for just the two of you. But that would have involved them staying home and she didn't want that. When they pulled to a stop that overlooked the city, he took her hand and gently pressed his lips against the back of it.

“You okay?” He was a little concerned. She really hadn't said much since they'd left the theater. He wanted tonight to be all for her. It had to be a lot to take in. Especially the one that propositioned him. So much as moved her hand in the direction of his package. He politely told her to back off. Maybe that's what was bothering her.

“I'm fine.”

“You sure?”

“Nick. If we're going to get any further, I have to get used to the fact that women are going to get aggressive with you. If I let it get to me now, there's really no point. I'm here with you and enjoying every minute of it. I've never had a man do anything like this for me.”

“Like what?”

“Like making the entire night all about me.”

“It's because I'm in love with you Krista. I don't know how else to say it.”

“I'm in love with you too. Now that we got the sappy stuff out of the way, I want to get out and really look okay?”

He chuckled.”You got it.”

She pushed open the large door and before she knew it, he was there; helping her out.”Thank you.”
Their was a gentle breeze blowing. She shivered a little.”Do you need a jacket?”

“I'd rather have your arms around me.”

Standing behind her, he enveloped her with his arms.

There was no way she could wait until they got home. She had to have him now. “Nick.”

“Yeah?”

“I need you now.”

“Now?”

She turned around as his reaction had robbed her of her warmth.” I can't wait anymore.”

“But I want you to be comfortable.”

“Get in the backseat and we will get comfortable.”Biting her lip and backing toward the vehicle. She pulled the door open. “After you.”

He wasn't sure this was a good idea. In your arms is where you want her right? Right. But in the backseat? He climbed in and held his hand out for her.

Once in, she straddled his lap and looked into his eyes. Her stomach was doing flip flops but not because she was nervous. What she must think of him. She didn't care. Yes she did but she needed him. Needed to feel him. Immediately if not sooner.

“Is this really what you want Krista? The backseat of a car?”

“Nick.”She softly brushed her lips against his.”I was a late bloomer. I didn't kiss a boy until I was eighteen.” Approaching the kiss with more vigor.” I didn't sleep with a man until I was twenty five.” Completely consuming his mouth before finishing her explanation as to why there.” I just want to experience what it would be like in the backseat of a car.” She could feel his body reacting to her. She wanted to feel him inside of her. Unbuttoning her blouse,she met his gaze.

“It's not very romantic.”

“I'm with you. What you've done for me tonight. Very romantic. I don't care where we're at.” As she undid the buttons on his shirt; her hands sliding over his chest; their lips meeting feverishly. His hand curving around her breast.

“I do want this Krista but what about protection.”

“I am. What about you?”

“I brought something but only one,”he replied breathlessly as she undid his jeans; sliding her hand down inside them. God that felt good! Even better now that she was stroking him.
“Where is it?” she smiled.

“My wallet on the dash.”

She moved off of him and slipped between the seats. She pushed her skirt up over her ass then discovered his wallet.

Damn! He didn't think he could get any harder but that little trick with the skirt just pushed him beyond all hope. She returned with the little foil packet and waved it in front of his face.

“Would you like me to do the honors?” Licking her lips seductively. What was it about him that gave empowered her to take control?

He nodded in response as she removed it from the package and rolled it down over his dick. Her fingertips, her hands, hell everything about her screamed feminine. She knew how to touch a man. She straddled him and eased down onto his length. They moaned in unison. Finally! Fuck she felt good.

Her eyes met his.

“You okay?” He was worried his size might be too much for her.

“Fine.”She grabbed the back of the seat and rolled her hips; steadily graduating to a steady bounce.
His hands rest on her hips as she slowed to kiss him.”I love the way you feel inside me Nick.”

He shifted slightly as his arm wrapped around her waist; taking her from beneath at a unhurried pace. His eyes never left hers. He wanted to see the look in her eyes when she came.

God he felt good! She couldn't wait to see what he could do once they got to a bed but all the built up tension gripped her body and took over. Her walls tightened around him and she grasped his shoulders.”Oh God!”

That was beautiful. The only time her eyes left his was when they rolled back into her head. The hold on her body firmed up as she brought him along with her. They'd been doing this dance all week. It had been worth the wait. And when her eyes met his, he knew he'd got in way over his head. That's exactly what he wanted. In so deep there was no way out.
Chapter 12 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Okay ladies, first of all, thank you for all the reviews. Secondly, there won't be an update again until Saturday due to the library being closed for the holiday. So enjoy this chapter and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!


Krista sighed contentedly. Never had anything felt so right. He readjusted beneath her and she sighed again.

His hand curved against her cheek.”Are you okay?”

“Never better.”

“And this?” Referring to the setting for their first tryst. He wanted everything to be right for her and he thought she was more the candlelight and wine kind of girl instead of wherever the mood strikes.

“It was perfect. It wouldn't have mattered if we'd have given in last night because you were there.”

“So what are we going to do the rest of the night?”

She knew what he was talking about and she'd thought about that as well but there were options. She leaned in next to his lips and whispered,”We're going to stop at the local retailer and get a couple dozen more cuz I plan on playing with you at least until Skylar gets home.”

“You do realize what you're saying?”

“What?”

“They won't be home for another two days.”

“Then I guess you 'll just have to fuck me til I can't walk.”

Why'd she go and do that? Just the words alone would have done it but the way she said them got him hard again.”How 'bout I make a little love to you in there somewhere?” As his lips brushed lightly against hers.

“Will it render me immobile?”She replied as she felt his hands move onto the small of her back.

“If I do it right, it will.” He smirked . His lips capturing hers.

“Mmmmm...... maybe we should get home so you can prove it,”Krista replied as she pulled away from the kiss.

“Well I'd love to drive with you sitting on my lap but I don't think the California highway patrol would see it quite the same as me.”

She giggled. He tried too hard sometimes but it was cute.”Maybe I could convince them.”

“Now you're just being crazy.”

“I know.”She smiled and got up off of him. Boy! She missed that sensation already. She could get used to being full of him.”Let's get going. I don't think I can wait any longer than you.” She pulled her skirt back down and moved to the front seat. He wasn't quite as agile with his size so he had to get out and come around to his side. Before he could even start the vehicle, she leaned over; her hand resting on his thigh and kissed him.”Thank you for indulging me.”

“Well if you haven't figured it out, I would do anything to make you happy Krista.”

“I'm starting to see that.”


She waited in the car when he went into the store. When he returned with a bag full, she grinned.”I like the way you think.”

“I was just paying attention.”

“I see that.”That was one good thing about younger men. Definitely eager to please. Not that he had any problems there. He could just look at her and she'd have been ready to go. As they pulled up to the house, she pulled the key out of her purse. She couldn't wait to get him into the bed. She wanted to slow it down and feel him. Really feel him. Once in, she sat her things on the table and took his hand.”I'll show you where I'm staying.”

He'd been through Kevin's house a million times but it seemed different to him. Maybe Krista was the reason. He was doing a lot of things in this house with her that he knew Kevin would have his head for.
Did he care? No. Because they would be done long before he and Skylar would be home.

She flipped the switch on then moved over to the bedside table; switching the one off. Good mood lighting. She undid the buttons on her blouse and dropped it to the floor. They were really going to be completely naked this time. She wanted to touch him and feel every part of him that way but it was real now and it was a little scary.

This was really happening. It didn't feel so forced in the SUV but now she was expecting a performance that he wasn't sure he could keep his word on. Maybe what she said about just being with him was all she needed to make it good. He dropped the bag on the floor and lost his shirt. He watched as she reached around her back and unfastened the lacy cups holding her in place. His eyes landed right on them.

She waited for his move. She decided to see how far he would play this before he took her in his arms and into bed. The anticipation was killing her.

His eyes lifted back to hers as he undid the button on his jeans. They were still too far away from each other but he was willing to play her game. If things kept going the way they were, there would be another time he could do the unwrapping. It was now her move.

Her eyes moved down over all his nakedness and to his...oh God that was huge! No wonder he was worried about hurting her. Just remembering how it felt inside her, she quickly dropped her skirt. She looked back up and it was written all over his face. He was a man in love. She eased back onto the bed and he followed her down. The heat of his body as he covered her. There were no words. There were none needed as his lips met hers. It was soft and intimate; not rushed like before. The feel of his skin on hers.

“God you're beautiful,”he whispered in her ear as his lips had moved from hers. It wasn't about being rushed or hot and heavy now. He was here to show her that he was in for the long haul. He nibbled gently on her ear then trailed down her neck before returning to her lips. He loved the way she kissed but he wanted to love the rest of her. This feeling was new to him. He couldn't explain his need to please her. He just knew he wanted to. His tongue trailed down the length of her neck, over her collarbone and down to her cleavage. He took the supple flesh in his hand as he traced around the nipple very much at attention. Her fingers slipped into his hair as he tugged gently on the tender flesh. She moaned softly as he suckled the delicate part. He paid equal attention to the other before moving on. She was so smooth. Her skin like silk and as he moved further down she opened herself up to him.

She welcomed the feel of his mouth as he approached that sweet spot. However, he bypassed it and feathered his tongue over the length of each thigh before returning to the juncture of her body. Her juices were flowing and he knew it too. Once there, he didn't hesitate in showing her how well versed his tongue was in the ways of a woman's satisfaction. The way he laced it up through the slick tender lips before clamping down on the taut button that derived her pleasure. Fuck! Once his fingers....yes fingers dipped inside of her, she was as good as gone. He paused briefly to confirm that what he was doing was driving her out of her mind then returned to the regularly scheduled program and hit her in just the right spot. His arms had wrapped around her legs; grasping her thighs as she lost her mind. It was like an art form for him. He moved back up over her body and kissed her. She could taste his handiwork on her lips as he pulled her over onto himself in the midst of it.

There weren't many words being spoken and that was okay with him. The language their bodies were talking was all the voice they needed. She made that journey with her mouth as she explored him. Her tongue traced around his nipples. He never knew they were so sensitive until her tongue made that trip. She moved closer and closer and Oh shit! She made it. He'd felt her hand there but where she started was even crazier. Most started licking on the head but she took and traced her tongue down along the underside of his cock before swirling her tongue around the tip. She looked up and smirked before she went to work on him. She really did know her way around a man. There were definitely advantages to being with an older woman but it would have felt good even if there hadn't been the age difference. He pulled the hair back from her face as her hand and mouth worked him into madness. So much so he had to pull her away. He wanted to feel her.”I need you now Krista.”

“I need you.” She replied breathlessly. She knew what was needed. She moved from the bed and grabbed the bag. She pulled out one of the boxes and dropped in on the floor; crawling back onto the bed next to him.”Would you like me to or do you want to?”Referring to the silver package in her hand.

She was hell bent on torturing him. That he was sure of. What a way to go though.”I'll do it this time.” Pushing her back onto the bed before taking the package from her hand. After sheathing himself, he positioned himself between her legs and slowly pushed inside her. Her body was warm and inviting. Just as it had been before. He held himself there as they just stared into each other's eyes. He captured her lips and slowly started pushing into her. Her hands remained around his neck; his eyes never leaving hers. What was this hold she had on him? His rhythm increased but only slightly. Her hands had now moved down around his body and onto his back. Her legs wrapped around his hips. Her fingers sunk into the cushion of his butt; encouraging him to take her deeper.

“Oh God Nick!” She didn't think he could any further inside her but he did. He held himself there and brushed his lips against hers; breath evading either one of them. She was about to lose it but she wanted to hold on as long as she could before it could claim either one of them. He'd been so tender with her. Nothing she'd ever experienced in all of her relationships. He did care about her and what she wanted. He'd actually listened to her body without having to ask her this time.

“Krista! I'm gonna..... Oh!” With a few more pushes, there it was. He was done. So was she. Her grip on his body claimed him. He was trying to watch his mouth. Which isn't very easy in the throes. He collapsed in defeat. She'd won him heart and soul.

She'd already lost the battle. Their bodies twined; the sheen of sweat sealing them together. His head resting in the crook of her shoulder. She felt it move and softly press his lips against her shoulder. As his breath had returned, he whispered in her ear,” I love you Krista.” When he lifted his head to meet her lips, the look in his eyes said it all. He meant it.
Chapter 13 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



It's Saturday again :( That means no update til Tuesday again. Enjoy ladies and I'll see you on then! :)


Laying in his arms certainly felt right. Maybe it was wrong to move so fast but it felt right this time. Once they'd got their acts together, everything just fell into place. She was the last person to believe in love at first sight or even falling in love so quickly but she was in love. That feeling you get and you don't let anybody steal that sensation from you because there really is somebody for everybody in this world. She pulled the last of the items out of the refrigerator as she was getting ready to prepare breakfast for them. Didn't go so well as far as breakfast last time but it was definitely worth it she grinned as she set to work on the mixing bowl. His arms slid around her and he nuzzled her neck.

“Good morning sexy,”he uttered softly in her ear. He could have left here last night but as you know, he was mad stupid and crazy in love with her. No other explanations for it. He wanted to be with her twenty four seven. Have people jealous of what they had. It's amazing how hot women look in men's clothing. She'd was wearing his shirt; the sleeves rolled up barely enough for her to do what she was doing.

“Good morning yourself handsome.” Losing herself in his embrace. She was beginning to think breakfast was a lost cause for them.

“Anything I can help with?”

“You can sit down and watch me.”

“Do I have to? I was kind of missing you there in bed and I thought maybe....”Trailing off.

God did she love it when his voice dropped like that. They were still in the newlywed phase of this thing. They were allowed to want to climb all over each other. She turned in the circle of his arms and slid her hands up over his bare skin and around his neck; pulling their mouths closer together. “I think maybe I can accommodate you Mr. Carter.”She smiled and their lips met in a soft, sweet kiss. He'd used her mouthwash and she pulled away giggling.

“What's so funny?”

“You used some of my mouthwash didn't you ?”

“Didn't you?”

“Yeah but I didn't think you'd help yourself to it.”

“I'm just full of surprises.”

“How bout you just be full of me for a few?”She suggested seductively as she undid his jeans.

“I like that idea gorgeous,”He replied as she pushed his jeans down just far enough. He undid the buttons the shirt and lifted her off the floor; settling her on his length. Her legs wrapped around him as he thrust slowly.

She grasped his shoulders for support as she had none of her own in mid air there. Something new for her. He continued to push up inside of her; his hands firmly gripping her ass. He backed them toward the nearest counter and continued to move inside of her . At least there there he had some help. Although that mid air thing hit some notes in her body she hadn't every felt”God you feel so good Nick.” Holding on desperately to get that last little bit out of him.

“So do you but maybe we should go to the bedroom?”

“Nobody's home Nick. It's just you and me.”Clinging to him as his dick thrust deeper into her. Guess that was all he needed to here because before she knew it, he had her screaming his name. And he wasn't far behind her. She should have been taking longer to be satisfied. After all, she was well beyond her sexual peak but Nick made her feel like she'd just barely reached it. They were resting against the counter when she noticed the pair of big green eyes glaring at her. Shit! What were they doing home?! They weren't supposed to be back for another day.”Um Nick?” Krista patted him on the shoulder.

“Yeah baby?”

“We have company.”

“This is twice I've had to see that pale white ass of yours!”Kevin bellowed.

Oh hell! He eased Krista back down and jerked his jeans up. After closing the shirt up on her, he turned to Kevin. Yep! He'd just signed his death warrant. Try some humor.” We were just cooking breakfast.”

“Don't even try it Carter. This isn't funny!”

“It kind of is actually.”

Krista hid behind Nick and peeked over his shoulder to see Kevin's nostrils flaring. Damn! This was not good.”Um Kev?”She said timidly. Didn't want to rock the boat anymore than they already had.

“What?” He barked.

“Where's Skylar?”

“Paying the cab driver. Do you two have any idea what could have happened here?”Continuing his tirade.

“Yes.”

“Then tell me why in God's name were you doing it in my kitchen where I could have walked in with my child?!”

“Because I wanted to.”

“It wasn't Nick's idea? Shocking.” He snorted in disbelief.

She was still using Nick as a human barrier when she returned.”Get over yourself. Nothing happened . Mason's not here. Besides, you left me here to make myself at home. So I did.”

Nick couldn't help but grin with that one.”I'm glad you still find this amusing Nick.”

“What's going on?”Skylar entered the room.

“Your little friend there decided to take it upon herself to fuck Nick in our kitchen!”

“You're such an ass Kevin!” She moved from behind Nick and breezed by Kevin and Skylar.

“Don't kill him Kevin. I'm gonna go get this,”Skylar said following her down the hallway and to the room she heard the sobbing coming from.”Hey lady. You okay?”

“How in the hell do you put up with such an arrogant prick?!” Returning her face back into the palms of her hands.

“Hey now. That is my future husband you're talking about,”Skylar said and sat down next to her; gently rubbing her friend's back.

“I'm sorry... wait. Did you just say husband?” Lifting her face up and looking at the smile on her face.

“Yeah. He proposed under a waterfall on Kauai.”

“Congratulations lady. I'm happy for you.”Soaking up her sobs.

“We'll talk about that later but Kev's just being Kev. He kind of did have a point about Mason.”

“I know but we weren't expecting you home for another day. I'm sorry. I just let all reason fly out the window.”

“Love can do that to you.”

“I'm noticing that."

" So when did you figure it out?”

“I think it was day number four,”Krista smiled.

Nick cleared his throat.”Can you give us a minute?”

Skylar smiled and gave her friend a hug; whispering,”I'll take care of the big oaf. I do wear the pants in this family. Good to see you're still alive Nicky.”Patting his chest before leaving the room.

“I need my shirt,”he stated flatly.

“What's going on Nick?”

“Can you just give me my shirt. I'm going to head out. I'll call you.”

Okay what the hell was going on?!”Nick. Talk to me.” She removed the shirt and found the pair of sweats she'd left draped over the chair. She pulled it and the baby doll tee with it on.

“I'll call you. I promise.” Taking her hands and kissing the fingertips.” Try to understand.” Grabbing his keys and leaving her there; stunned.

Then it dawned on her. Fucker! Kevin did this. She'd just had the most romantic night of her life and the shithead had gone and ruined it for her. He was going to pay. She stormed out into the kitchen and said,”What the hell did you do?!”


“I did what I thought was best. You'll be better off without him Krista,”he replied as he pulled the pitcher of orange juice from the refrigerator.”

“I'm sorry. I didn't know you'd become my Father,”she returned sharply.

“Trust me Krista. He's bad news.”

“I know his reputation Kevin. People change.”

“He hasn't.”

“Then why'd you let Skylar play with him?”

Skylar may have worn the pants in their family but he'd be damned if he was going to let a woman win.”I didn't let her do anything. She made the choice.”

“So you had no involvement in it?”

“I didn't say that. I just know how he is with women. You've only known him a week Krista. How well do you really know him?!”

“I know what I need to and I'll thank you to stay the fuck out of my love life you sonofabitch!”He was not getting the last word in. No way in hell!
Chapter 14 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



It's Tuesday again! Yay! Enjoy!


“What the hell is your problem?! Skylar yelled angrily as she stormed into the kitchen.

“Don't you start with me.”

“So they got busy in the kitchen you shithead! We've done it a million times in here.”

“It's my kitchen! Besides, what if Mason would have been with us?!” He growled.

“God Kevin! We've snuck one in here numerous times when we thought he was fast asleep on a Saturday morning. He could have walked in on US!”

“I'm just trying to watch out for her is all. He'll break her heart.”

“Well Krista's a big girl and despite what you think , you're the only breaking her heart.”

“How can they be in love in less than a week?!” He returned.

“Probably the same way you told Brian I was the woman you were going to marry after only seeing me a little under a month.”

“But she's.....”

“Older? So?” She was afraid that's exactly what he was going for. He thought a woman should have more sense than that and when he couldn't look her in the eye, she knew that was exactly it.”Oh I get it. It's okay for you to be with someone nearly twelve years younger than you but for her to be with a man the same way, it's wrong. That's such a double standard!”

“It's reality Sky. Women shouldn't .”

“Maybe your reality. You need to stop living in the middle ages. This is the twenty first century. It happens all the time now.”

“You know how he is though. He'll get bored with her in a couple of months.”

Unfuckingbelievable!”For God's sake Kevin! Yank your head out of your ass. He's not a sixteen year old boy anymore. He does know how to treat women.”

“I forget. You speak from experience.”He barked.

“Only because you pushed me to it. You only have yourself to blame.”

Kevin's fingers slipped back through his hair and let out a frustrated breath. Maybe what was really bothering him was he didn't want Nick around anymore than he had to. He just didn't want to be reminded of how he could have lost Skylar to him.

“What is it?! Is having him around a bad reminder of what happened with us because if it is, suck it up. Be a man. Be the one I fell in love with.” And left him alone in the kitchen. Skylar found her friend packing her suitcase when she entered the room.”What are you doing?”

“I'm leaving. I'm just making a big old mess of things here.”

“Stop. You're not going anywhere.”

“I'm not?”

“No. Sit down.” Patting the space beside herself on the bed. She continued as Krista joined.”The only one that fucked things up is that man out there that supposedly wants to spend the rest of his life with me.”

“Why is that a maybe now?”

“Because this whole thing isn't about you seeing Nick, it's about him having to see Nick.”

“So this is about what happened with you three at the cabin.”

Skylar nodded.”You and I both know it's messed up but he's so muleheaded that it'll take him a couple of days to admit I'm right.”

After sharing a laugh, Krista turned serious.”So what do I do?”

“Nothing. Kevin made this mess. He's going to clean it up. You're really in love with Nick aren't you?”

“Guess I couldn't disguise that one could I ?”

“I could see it in his eyes Krista. I don't know what Kevin said to him but it crushed him to leave you. What'd you do to that boy?”

“I made him work for it.”

“That's not it. I've seen that look in Brian's and Kevin's eyes both. Oh. My. God! He let you plan the date didn't he?”

Krista gave her friend a coy look.”Yeah. Isn't this weird talking about him knowing what you know about him?”

“You're my friend Krista. We share a lot. Hell, I know Kevin made a pass at you the first New Year's Eve he and I were together.”

“Oh.”

“Krista. It's okay. I know you refused his advance. And he knows it's something I can hold over his head too.”

Krista giggled.


“I know this is rough right now but I promise you that I'll have Nick back in your arms before you know it.”

“Why would I want him back?”

“Krista don't start the whole 'romance is better in books' thing. I know you. You want this. And he wants you. Kev just has this power over him. Always has. It's going to work out. You'll see. You'll have have your fairytale.” She knew it was true. She knew Nick well enough to know that Krista was more than just a passing phase and whatever threats Kevin made this time wouldn't hold him back for very long.
Chapter 15 by Simple Sue
“Nick. Buddy! You want something to drink?” Brian said; snapping his finger in front of Nick's face.

“Just some water is fine,”he returned and stared blankly into his menu. He hadn't seen Krista in two days. Sure he could have text her, even called her but Kevin had this way of finding out He'd have his nuts for lunch if he knew he was even trying to contact her. But he missed her. He knew it was crazy to think he was in love in that little time but he was. And he knew she was too. Sure, she was older but age is just a number. Hell, Leighanne was older than Brian. Not quite as old but the numbers didn't matter. He wrote love songs for her. Nick wanted to do that. Being so crazy in love you'd do anything for them and be lost when they weren't there with you.

What's going on Nick?” Brian requested.

“Huh?” He looked up from the menu.

“When I talked to you a few days ago you were so happy and now it's like you lost your best friend.”

“I did.”

“Talk me me man. What happened to the girl?”

“You mean Krista?”

“So she has a name,”Brian teased.

“Yeah but it's not like I'm ever gonna get to see her again.”

“Why not? You let her plan the whole evening right?”

“Right.”

“And from the look in your eyes, she got under your skin.”

“If that's how you want to look at it.”

“How else am I supposed to look at it? What you do behind closed doors is none of my business unless you make it my business.”

“I know so let's talk guy to guy then. There have been women in your life where all you wanted to do is just freak them right?”

“If you mean have sex sure.”

“Well it wasn't like that this time. Of course I wanted to have sex with her but when I got to know her, it changed.”

“Maybe it changed you Nick,”Brian said as the waitress returned with their water.” The guy I talked to the other night was more worried about her than he was himself. You wanted to make it right for her.”

“And I did but now I can't see her anymore.”

“Why not?”

“Because your jackass of a cousin won't let me.”

“What's Kevin got to do with all this?”

“Krista is Skylar's friend and being as they took off on an impromptu trip to Hawaii, she sent me to pick her up. Skylar asked me to take care of her until they got back so I did.”

“I'll say you did.” Taking a large gulp of his water.

“You gentleman ready to order?”The waitress greeted after giving them a few minutes.

Brian placed his order and Nick placed his. She smiled sweetly and took their menus; allowing them to get back to their conversation.

“But seriously Bee, how did you know she was the one?” Nick took a swig of his water.

“You really are serious about this girl aren't you?”

“It killed me to walk out on her like that man. I want to be with her so bad it hurts.”

“So you never did tell me Kev's involvement in all of this.”

Nick took a deep breath then responded,”It was that morning. We were at Kevin and Sky's house. She was getting ready to cook breakfast but she just looked so damned hot in my shirt that I couldn't resist the opportunity.”

“You got busy in the kitchen?” Sometimes he really envied Nick's love life. He and Leigh hadn't done that since Baylee was old enough to walk.

“Like you haven't? I know you Bri. You have a beautiful wife.”

“Not like we don't but not in every room of the house. Did when we first moved in. Before Baylee came along.” He grinned; reminiscing on the early days of his marriage.”So Kev caught you I take it?”

“Yeah. They came home a day earlier than planned.”

“Why didn't you go back to your place that night?”

“I don't know. I guess I just wanted to be with her so bad, I would risk even that.”

“So let me guess, he threatened to have your balls for lunch?”

“Worse.”

“Okay. He's clearly gone off the deep end and he needs a good smack upside the head and since you haven't heard from Skylar, I'm assuming that he's still in a mood.”

“That'd be my guess.”

“Which means she's in a mood too. Not a good combination for those two. I'll knock some sense into his ass but in the meantime, tell me more about this girl.”

“I don't like calling her girl Bri but she's beautiful, intelligent, funny.”

“Pretty much the opposite of everything you've never had in a woman.”

“Yeah. So I took her to the aquarium right? I knew they had that bird thing there all the time but I'd never been in. She talked me into going in. The birds are all over the place but we bought this cup of what they feed on and they flocked to Krista. I had a couple land on my shoulders and I was fine until the one landed on my head. She had me ease down so she could take the little guy off. The damn thing took to her like nothing. It was something straight out of Snow White.”

“You should see your face. I've never seen you light up like that. Ever. I really do want to meet this Krista.”

“So you'll talk to Kevin then?”

“I think you should but something tells me he won't listen to you. He'll shoot now and ask questions later.”

“Thanks Brian. I really appreciate man.”

“Let's just say I'm doing this in the name of love.”




Kevin was still being a stubborn son of a bitch. Two days later and they were still on mute. He'd done a lot of stupid things but this one was taking the cake. Krista grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and glared at him as she headed in the direction of the pool.

“Are you happy?!”Skylar screamed.”She won't even talk to me now.”

He scrolled down the news page on his laptop; attempting to ignore her. Skylar nearly slammed the lid on his fingers. Good thing he saw that one coming . Her temper was flared and maybe he was being childish but he'd be damned if he'd let Nick anywhere near this house again.”That's not my fault.”

“The fuck it ain't! She's my best friend and she's hurt. I can understand her being pissed off at you but me?! I've been trying to help her through. I've practically let her down and to top it all off, I haven't even been able to tell my best friend that I'm pregnant because of your shit!”

“Sky, watch the language please.”

“Why? Mason's at school.”

“I know. I just wish you'd be rational about this.”

“I am being rational. I'm pregnant. My hormones are whacked out. If I weren't being so 'rational' you'd no longer have the reason I'm in this condition.”

Ouch! He flinched but he was entitled to his opinions. She was right. He didn't want to be reminded of what happened at the cabin. Big deal! Was he not allowed to have feelings now as well.”Sky, I-” He was just about to start when the doorbell rang. Saved by the bell!

Skylar shot him a look and went to answer the door. When she returned, she announced,”You have company. I'm going to pick up Mason. Maybe you can beat some sense into that thick skull of his. I'm done trying.”And left the room.

“What was that all about?”Brian approached Kevin.

“Nothing.”

“Really?”

“Really. Maybe it has something to do with a certain house guest of yours?” Brian raised his brow knowingly.

“You talked to that little prick?”

“Kevin, Nick's really in love with this girl. I've seen him interested but this is more than just a passing interest where he'll get bored and move on. He really wants to do right by this one.”

“Why is everybody so against me Brian?”

“Because you're acting like you did when you were fifteen and you caught your girlfriend kissing me.”

“I liked that girl.”

“But she's not around anymore and you forgave me for that eventually. We're family. You could have held a grudge for life if you had really wanted to.”

“I guess but this is different.”

“So you know Skylar slept with him. He doesn't want that anymore. He wants Krista.”

“It doesn't make sense Brian. She's my age. She should know better.”

“Leighanne's older than me. I really don't get it. It's only a number and if they're really in love like I believe they are, then what's the big deal? They're consenting adults. Whatever happens, happens. I think you should make amends before it's too late.”

“I almost lost her to him.”

“You never lost her Kev. She was always there and you know it. Let it go.”

“I get it. I'll take care of it or Skylar will never forgive me.”

“You'll feel better Kev. I've gotta get going myself or my wife will have my head.”

Kevin chuckled.”Mind if I don't walk you out? I have an apology to make starting with Krista.”

“She's still here?”

“Yeah. She's got the kind of job she can do anywhere.”

“Can I meet her? I have to the way Nick's face lit up when he talked about her.”

“He really is in love with her isn't he?”

“Yep.”

“Follow me.” They made their way through the house and to the pool. There she was. Typing away. Amazing that she was writing romance when he'd practically put hers in ruins.”Krista?”


She looked up from the screen. Shit! She had to be polite now.”Hey.”

“Hi. I'd like you to meet my cousin, Brian. Brian, this is Krista.”

“Nice to meet you. Nick speaks very highly of you.”

“I find that hard to believe,”she said as she rolled her eyes. He'd turned out like every other man in the world. She really thought he was the one. She turned her attention back to the computer screen and started typing.

“Well it was nice to meet you Krista.”

She nodded and steadily beat on the keys and heard that he was leaving. She knew it wasn't his fault. Nick was a name she just rather not here at the moment. Carlos was the man of the hour but even Kevin was about to ruin that.

“Krista. We need to talk.”
Chapter 16 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Two fer tonight. Enjoy!


“Talk,”she stated plainly; keeping a steady rhythm with the hot little Latin man she'd created.

“Would it be too hard to ask for three minutes of your time?”

“I'm busy working here.”

“I promise it will only take a few minutes of your precious creative process.”

Hitting the save button, she closed the lid on her laptop.”Why are you such an asshole?”

“Why are you such a bitch?”

“Because I can be.” He wanted to play this game, she could do it as long as he could. He was about to sit down across from her and she could have been turned it up to ginormous but she said,” I wouldn't sit there if I were you.”

“Seriously? Is there anywhere in my house you didn't?”

Krista shrugged. He'd just have to keep guessing.”So you're killing my creative process here and I've got a deadline. What's the deal?”

After finding a chair he was sure they hadn't done the nasty in, he sat down.” I came to apologize. I was wrong.”

“You? Wrong? I find that hard to believe.”

“Come on Krista. I'm trying here.”

“Because she's making you right?”

“Wrong. Because the nice guy you just met made me realize how childish I was being.”

“Nick has a mind of his own. He could have called me by now.”

“No he couldn't have. I pretty much threatened to chop his dick off if he communicated with you in any way, shape or form.”

“You had no right.”

“I know but I'm going to make it right.”

“How?”
“I'm going to extend the olive branch like I am now. I just needed somebody to open my eyes. You know I'm normally very reserved.”

“I know but I also know your temper.”

“I know. I'm just very protective.”

“There's protective and then there's psycho. You hit psycho the other day. We didn't commit a major crime.”

“I realize that. So you really love him?”

“Yes.”

“Then I'll talk to him. One more thing, don't be mad at Skylar. She's always on your side.”

“I know. I'll talk to her but in the meantime, I need to get back to work.”

“So who's the lucky guy this week?”

“It's on a need to know basis. You don't need to know.”She grinned mischievously.

Kevin chuckled.”I get it. I've got something I've got to take care of anyway.”

She hoped it was Nick.

Kevin found his cell,dialed Nick's number and waited. He hoped the caller ID wouldn't prevent him from answering.

“Hello?”

“Hey. You got a minute?”

“I'm on my way to a doctor's appointment but other than that. What's up?” He was still remaining cautious. Kevin was going to kill him for even thinking of her.

“How 'bout we do breakfast tomorrow after I drop Mason at school then?”

“Sure.” If they were in a public place, he couldn't kill him at least.

“Good. How do pancakes sound?”

“Works for me.”

“Then meet me at IHOP around 8:30 and we'll go from there.”

“Okay.”

“See you then.”

He wasn't sure what Kevin's agenda was but if he was a gambling man, he was going to bet on this whole mess between them.



The next morning he arrived before Kevin and got them a table. He was looking at the menu when heard Kevin thank the hostess.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”Nick replied.

“So I may as well get right to the point here. I talked to Brian yesterday.”

“So did I.”

“I know. That's why I wanted to talk to you. First off, you two in the kitchen wasn't what provoked that outburst the other morning.”

“Let me guess. It had to do with Skylar.”

“God Nick. You fucked Skylar in the kitchen at the cabin and when I saw you with Krista in that same position, I just went ballistic. I had no right.”

“You're right. You didn't. I love Krista. I would never do anything to hurt her and yet I have because of your ass.”

“I know that now. I guess I didn't believe that you were really over Sky.”

God Kevin! I've been over her for awhile now.”

“I know that now and it's my issue to deal with.”

“And are you?”

“Yeah but answer this for me. Are you really in love with Krista?”

He didn't even hesitate.”Yes.”

“Then I'll see if I can smooth things over on her end. She is pissed off at you something fierce.”

“No thanks to you.”

“And that's why I'm going to fix it.”

“You're pretty sure she'll accept my apology?”


“Maybe not right away but she will. I'll make sure of it.” It wasn't his to decide Nick's nor Krista's happiness. He just had to make it right for them.
Chapter 17 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:




Sorry for the delay. I've got my official first cold of the season and I needed to get some rest yesterday. On with the show!


“You know what Kev. I think I should handle this. I fucked up and didn't take a stand when I should have. If I want things to go any further with her, I have to be the one to work it out.” He really did miss her but it was no longer Kevin's fault. It never was. If he'd done anything to begin with, they wouldn't be where they were.

“Are you sure?” Kevin's brow rose curiously.

“Positive.”

“Okay. So I'm assuming you want to do this now?”

“The sooner the better.”

“Your call. I'm ready whenever you are.”

Great. Let's go,” Nick said and slid out of the booth; followed shortly by Kevin.

Half an hour later, they both pulled up to Kevin's. Before opening the door, he turned to Nick and said,”You're really sure you want to do this?”

“You know something I don't?”

“No. Let's do this. Sky I'm home!”Kevin called out.

“We're in the kitchen hun.” She returned.

“I brought a friend with me,”Kevin announced.

“We're decent if that's what you're worried about.” Leave it to Skylar.

Kevin strode over to Skylar and pecked her on the cheek.”Don't you have to work today?”

“Yeah. I'm going in for a few hours this afternoon. Jules said she had things under control. She knows I have company in town.”

“So I have you to myself for a few minutes then?” Kevin replied and Skylar looked at him when she saw Nick.

“His idea,”he whispered.

“This is not going to end well Kev,”she whispered back.

“I know but I made this mess and he said he needed to clean it up himself.”


“Well if he would have manned up in the beginning none of this would be happening,”she said; their conversation continued to be carried on in hushed tone.

“I know. Let's hope she's a little more forgiving than you.”

“Don't hold your breath.”


Krista was sipping her coffee when her eyes rose to find Nick. She never thought she'd see those two in the same room ever again and secondly, she was really in no mood to see him. Leavin her cup on the counter, she left the area and moved quickly down the hall. Apparently not fast enough though. He was in before she could get the bedroom door closed. And he closed it behind himself.”I have nothing to say to you.”

“That's good cuz I have plenty to say to you and I'm not letting you out until I do.”

“Save it! You've turned out to be like every other guy in the world. Gives me an incredibly romantic evening then just waltzes out of my life!”

“And which ones would those be? The ones that say 'this is forever baby, 'I'll never leave you'?”

“Smartass!

“Krista, I am sorry. Sorry I wasn't man enough to tell Kevin to fuck off. That I would see whoever I wanted. That it was none of his damned business.”

“Then why didn't you?!”

“Because I'm so used to him dictating my life I didn't even stop to think about how it would affect you. It killed me to walk out of here without so much as a word to you. I knew it was wrong but I didn't want to lose what is a very favorite part of my anatomy.”

“He really threatened to cut off your? “ Her eyes diverted down then back up to his.

“Yeah. I know it's crazy but-”

“It was just a threat. He has no powers. He means well but he doesn't own you. I know what it is that's bothering him and I can honestly say I don't blame him because it crossed my mind too.” She interrupted.

“That I still wasn't over Skylar?”

“Yeah.”

He stepped away from the door and crossed the room to where she was. Taking her hand.”Krista, I was never in love with her. It was just a crazy schoolboy crush. Maybe I even knew that but with you..... the words were real. I've always been afraid to say them but with you, they didn't feel forced. I know I screwed up . I'm not denying that. I just hope you can find it in your heart to give me a second chance.”

“But you didn't even call.”

“Because I know Kevin would have even found out about that. I love you Krista. I know that's not going to change.”

She really wanted to believe it and he was determined to stay in this room until they worked it out. Romance was so much easier to create than live. Why? Just give me a sign God. Please! Her heart sped up and she knew that had to be her sign. It was the look in his eyes. That was one thing she was good at. The eyes being the windows to the soul. The others had been frauds but when she looked into his, every word that came with them was genuine.”You're gonna have to give me some time.”

“I can do that.”

“Don't worry about it taking too long though,”Krista smiled and linked her fingers through his. Her free hand slid around his neck.” I missed you.” Kissing him softly.

He missed her too. God did he miss her! Their linked fingers disengaged and his arm slipped around her waist; pulling her closer against his body.



“What are you doing?” Kevin came up behind Skylar whom had been listening through the door the entire time.

“Being a nosy friend. I think they made up though. It got awfully quiet in there.”

The minute she said that, he knew what that meant. They could get freaky in his house again. He started beating on the door.”Krista? Nick?”

They barely heard his voice but separated nonetheless.”You know what he's thinking don't you?” Krista whispered.

“Yeah,”Nick answered.

“Let him suffer.” Pulling his mouth back to hers. She wanted to feel his body again. Soon.

“Come on Krista. Open up!”

She pulled away again.”We'll restrict our activities to this room.”

“Speak for yourself,”Nick whispered in her ear.

She giggled.”Maybe we should continue this at your place?”

“Let's go.”

“Hold on. I need to get dressed. I'm still wearing my nightclothes. What will I wear at your place when we're not, y' know?”

Nick smirked then replied, “ My shirt.”

She smiled in return. “Let's go.” Krista opened the door.”Don't worry Kev. I don't want to give you a heart attack at such a youthful age.” Patting his chest.”If you'll excuse us, we're going elsewhere to continue making up.”

Skylar couldn't help but laugh.”You two have fun now.” Watching as they left.

Kevin turned back to her.”You think it's funny?”

“I think it's hilarious. You actually thought she'd let him do anything here again? She likes him too much to put him through your mood swings again.”

“You love my mood swings.”

“You're right. I do.” He had a PMS moment with them. He made amends. It was making her horny.
Chapter 18 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Saturday again :( but the good news is there will be more on Tuesday. Enjoy! :)


“So Mr. Richardson,”Skylar pressed up against him. “I've got a few minutes before work, whadya say we?”Raising her brows.

“Now?”

“There was a time you would do it anytime, anywhere. Can I get that guy for just a few minutes. Please?”She cooed. His caveman act had really got her all jacked up and the pregnancy hormones were enough to set any woman's body on fire. She used to need him to get her all worked up but now that she was with child, just looking at him set her on fire.

“You do realize they could come back in anytime.”

“Live a little. It is our house. We are allowed to do as we please,”Skylar replied; sliding her hand over his crotch; backing him against the wall. She knew she had him.

He stopped her and pulled her tiny frame against him. He claimed her mouth and backed her toward the other wall. She tore through the buttons of his shirt and slid her hands up over his chest as their mouths reconnected.

She was determined to make him forget about the whole mess with Nick and Krista if it was the last thing she did. And he was well on his way. He ripped her blouse open; sending tiny buttons flying all over the place. He bit through the lace before pushing the cups up over her breasts. His thumb rolling around the stiff peak before his tongue twisted around it; tugging lightly intermittently. She had undone her jeans and she felt his hand dip beneath the satin material.

Fuck was she ready! She had unbuttoned his jeans and pulled the zipper down. She wasn't in a big rush but he wanted to feel her as much as she did him. He pushed her jeans down and kicked them aside.

She slid his down just far enough and whispered,”Fuck me Kevin. Fuck me hard.”

And that was all it took. I was inside her; her back against the wall. Her legs wrapped around him as he thrust hard and deep into her. Their eyes locked. They really did belong together. She was good for him.

Damn he was good once she got him going. Not that he wasn't any other time but when you pulled the spontaneous out of him, he went all he man. Her body forced up the wall as he continued to fuck her senseless.”This is so fucking hot! Oh...yeah.. right there. That's the spot. Fuck yeah!”

There was part of him that hated the dirty talk and yet his body reacted to it. He could feel hers reacting to him. That tightness. She was done. With one last push, he groaned and just held her there against the wall; feeling her.”You sure you have to go in today?”He whispered breathlessly in her ear.

She giggled and played with the hair on the back of his neck.”Unfortunately but save some of that for later studly.” She would make sure it was a short day that day.



Krista and Nick were curled up on the couch after a day of endless lovemaking. She was going to be so fucking sore it wasn't even funny but it was a good pain. They were watching a movie when his phone rang. He picked it up, looked at the caller ID and sat it back down.”Not important I take it?”

“Not important enough to interrupt my time with you.”

“But we're not occupied right now.” Sliding a finger down the middle of his chest.

“I know. But we could be.” He wiggled his brows suggestively.

“Not that I'm not enjoying this Nick but I do need to be able to walk at some point.”

“Why? You have me to carry you wherever you need to go right now.”

He was such a big goof but she loved it. One of the best things about him. His boyish nature. That's something she hoped never changed about him. It wasn't innocence. Far from it. Just a good, old fashioned kid at heart.”True as that is, what's going to happen when I have to leave and go back to my life and my work?”

“What is your work Krista? You never told me that.”They'd talked about a lot of things in that one week but her job wasn't one of them. Was she ashamed of it?

“There is a reason for me not telling you that.”

“And that would be?”

He was genuinely interested. No wonder she was falling hard for him. Too late. She'd already fallen.”Guys get kind of weird when I tell them what I do.”

“Try me,”he brushed a stray curl from her face.

“Okay. I write romance novels.”

“And let me guess, either they expect you to be like your characters or try too hard to prove themselves to you right?”

“Well yeah. So that doesn't weird you out?”

“Any man confident in himself shouldn't have to prove that he can please you. He should know he can.”

“Well I think you're covered there Mr. Carter.”She leaned up and softly kissed him.

“You think?” He grinned mischievously as his phone went off again. He looked at it. Shit! Marguerite. Why couldn't she just leave him the fuck alone?!

“Everything okay?”

“Fine. So you heard the good news right?” He lied and diverted the subject.

“You mean Kev and Skylar tying the knot? Yeah I know about that.”

“Actually I was talking about Sky being pregnant.”

The color drained from her face. She automatically went into panic mode and assumed it was him. Why shouldn't she? They had been together. It was a reasonable assumption. She started to pull away and he pulled her back.

“Relax Krista. It's his. She found out before they went up to the cabin but she didn't tell you. I'm so sorry baby.”

She breathed a sigh of relief.”It's okay. You didn't know. So perhaps we should get back to that notion of you having to carry me around for the next couple of days,”she suggested. She wondered why Skylar hadn't told her but she needed to forget that her best friend could forget to mention something so life changing. What if it had been Nick's? What would she have done?
Chapter 19 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



I apogize for no update yesterday but I hope you'll forgive me after reading this chapter. Enjoy!


“I still can't believe you didn't tell me you were pregnant,”Krista scolded her friend two days later as she and Skylar relaxed on Nick's patio while they watched he and Kevin 'discuss' how to start a grill.

“A lot was going on. I know you. You probably freaked when Nick told you.” Sipping her iced tea.

Krista brushed it off. She hated that her friend knew her that well.”Anyway, how are you and the old man doing?”

“Good. So you've been playin' house with the kiddie. How's that going?”

“Let's just say I could not walk by myself until yesterday.”

“That good.”She nodded with a smirk.

Krista blushed.

“For a woman that writes things twice as dirty as what you've been doing I'm sure, you embarrass easily.”

“It's different now.”

“How?”

“Now I'm in love. That's another thing. What if they don't like me?” Referring to the others that would be joining them shortly.

“Are you kidding me?! They're gonna love you. You made it past the toughest customer already.”Referring to Kevin.”The rest of them are a a cakewalk. Granted, they are pretty protective of Nick but you've been on the trademark 'Backstreet' date. Nick's never asked for that kind of advice. They know he's serious about you. You'll be fine.”

“Yeah but I was pretty rude to Brian the other day when Kevin introduced him to me.”

“You were pissed off at Nick and Kevin. He's a pretty tolerant guy. I'm sure he didn't think anything of it. Just be yourself girl. Hell, they like me and I'm hell on wheels compared to you.”

Krista laughed. True. She didn't know what she was so worried about.

“Sky. I'm bored,”Mason whined as he tugged at the hem of her loosely hanging blouse.

“Baylee will be here any time now kiddo. Hang in there.” Leaning over and giving him a quick squeeze.

“Would you play with me Krista?” His little eyes widened as he pushed the lower lip out for effect.

“How can I resist that?”

“You can't. He apparently didn't want to work me that hard today. Even I can't resist that.”

He tugged on her hand. “Come on. Let's go.”

“What are we playing?” She rose from her chair and followed him. They however were stopped by Nick.

He knelt down to Mason's level.”You wouldn't be trying to steal your Uncle Nick's girl now would you?”

“She's my girlfriend,”Mason stated proudly; still holding Krista's hand.

“It's true. Mason and I are gonna run away and get married.”She played along with him.

Nick clutched his heart.”You're killing me here. You gotta help your Uncle Nick out here buddy. I'm madly in love with your girl. You don't want me to die from a broken heart do you?”

Krista bit her lip to keep from laughing at Nick's dramatics.

“Baylee!” Mason dropped her like a hot potato once he saw the other boy.

“Dumped by a five year old. Whatever will I do?” Krista continued playing on Nick's dramatics.

He stood and pulled her into his arms.” I can think of a few things.”

“Why Mr. Carter. Whatever will your friends think?”Sliding her arms around his neck.

“Who cares.”Kissing her softly.

“Hey now. Enough of that,” Brian's voice separated them.

“Hey Bri. LeighAnne.”He greeted them.”I think you've met Brian right?”Not really sure.

“ We have but I wasn't so polite. I am so sorry.”

“Don't worry about it. Everybody has a bad day. Just good to see you worked things out,”he replied with a smile.

“I believe I have you to thank for that.”

“I just started the ball rolling. They did all the leg work. Baylee!” He yelled; noticing the boys already getting into trouble.”You'll excuse me.”

“I'm gonna go help Brian. It was nice meeting you Krista.”Leaving them.

“She hates me.”

Nick lifted her chin.”She doesn't hate you. Sometimes it takes more than one to wrangle those two up.”

“Okay.”She was still nervous. “One down. two to go.”

“Alex has arrived. Let the party start!” He announced with his fiancé in tow. She'd been given a quick background on whom belonged to whom and which ones had children. Couldn't remember the girl's name but knew they were together.

“He's a hugger. Be ready,”Nick whispered in her ear.

“What are you telling her about me?”AJ had approached them; hand in hand with his girl.

“Nothing nobody else hasn't already told her.”

Be yourself Krista. Just be yourself.”He was actually telling me what he wanted to do to me once you were all gone tonight.”

He chuckled.”He may have a long wait. Alex.”Pulling her into a friendly hug. “And this here is my monkee, Rochelle.”

She was just as bold as he was. She'd be a good heroine for one of her stories. What?! She's a writer. Always thinking. But Rochelle was also just as welcoming.

When Rochelle had her in the hug, she whispered,”I'm glad Nick met you. I can tell you're good for him already.”

“Thank you. We'll talk later?” Krista questioned as they pulled away.

“I'd like that. I'm gonna go say hi to skylar. It was nice meeting you.”

“Nice meeting you.”

“I've got a good feeling about you Krista. I'm gonna go get a soda,"Alex said.

Once they were gone, Nick pulled her into his arms again.” Feeling better?”

“Much. But you being next to me helps.”

“You listen to me. They're all gonna love you because I do. Okay?”

“Okay.”She nodded.

“Okay beanpole, introduce me to the lady that's made you honest,”Howie teased him

“Okay shortie, Krista this is Howie and his wife, Leigh.”

“And the little guy sleeping in the stroller is James,”Howie said.

“He's adorable.”Krista smiled.

“He's always cuter when he's sleeping,”Leigh interjected with a smile.

“Aren't they always?”

“So do you have any children Krista?”

“Leigh!”Howie nudged.

“Well I just assumed that since she was....”Trailing off.”I am so sorry. I had no right. You'll forgive me. I'll go yank my foot out of my mouth and we can start over again. Hi. Leigh Dorough. Nice to meet you.”

“It's no problem really. I would have thought the same thing myself.” Since she'd met Nick the thought had crossed her mind more and more. She knew it was a risk at her age but having a bunch of little Nicks or Nicolettes running around, sounded appealing.”Should we join the hen party over on the patio so the men can argue over the finer art of grilling?”Krista offered.

”Good idea.”

Krista pecked Nick on the cheek.”See ya around.”She smiled and squeezed his butt as she joined the others.

“She's uh-”

“Not what you expected?”Nick interrupted him as they approached Alex and Kevin already arguing over who would be doing the grilling.”Guys! My house. I decide.”

They both turned to Nick and looked at him like he was out of his ever loving mind for even thinking about intervening.

“Well it is.”

“Wow. When did you grow a pair?”Alex teased.

“When I thought I was going to lose her.” Referring to Krista. Completely straightfaced. He was serious. He didn't want to lose her. She was the best thing that ever happened to him. Their age difference bothered him at first but he would never tell her that. That would be one thing she never needed to know.

“There's hope for you yet blondie.”

“Whatever. Now get out of the way. This is my house. I'll be doing the grilling.”



Two hours and a bunch of 'fat, happy people' later is when the trouble started. Everybody was happy and quietly socializing when she made her appearance. Nick was talking to Brian when he felt the pair of arms slide around his waist. He thought it was Krista but when the voice whispered,”Miss me?” He knew it was not going to end well.

He jerked away.”How did you get in here?!”

“Like everybody else did silly.”Her fingers tripping up his chest to the collar of his shirt. She pulled his mouth to hers and liplocked him.

He pulled away immediately.”Would you get a clue Marguerite?! There's a reason I haven't called you back!”

“And what would that be?” Her hands on her hips.

“Me.”Krista said; coming upon the situation.”And you are?”

“Marguerite. Nick's wife.”
Chapter 20 by Simple Sue
“Excuse me?” Krista looked at the woman disbelievingly. She was being assessed. The girl was psycho. No other explanation.

“You heard me you little tramp. Get up off my man!” Shoving Krista aside and taking Nick's hand.

He jerked it away.”You're fucking psycho! Get out of here!”

“I can't do that. You see.” She leaned over and grabbed the bag from the ground. “This little piece of paper says I belong here.”Producing the legal looking document.

Nick took the piece of paper from her. His eyes scanned down to the bottom left corner where 'his' signature should be and looked back to her.”Seriously? Get off my property” He demanded.

Brian wasn't sure what to do and Krista wasn't about to let this stranger hone in on her man. She almost lost him once and that was to somebody she knew. It had to be a hoax. If that sheet of paper was real then the state of California would have record of it as well so instead of waiting for Nick to give it back, she yanked it from his hand and headed for the grill. Embers remained in the brick framed pit. Finding the lighter, she doused the document in lighter fluid and flipped the lighter. Once the paper caught flame, she dropped it onto the grill.

“You bitch!” Marguerite lunged at Krista; taking her to the ground.

They went tumbling down toward the others; kicking and clawing. Krista landed on top.” Did you really think you were going to get away with that?!”

“It doesn't matter. He's mine!” She yanked the length of Krista's hair.

“Let go of my hair!” Krista screamed and grabbed at her hand; allowing Marguerite to get the upper hand.

“He's just using you . He loves me!”

Brian had finally come to his senses and got to the patio as quickly as he could.”Get the boys inside until we can get these two off each other,”He said to Leigh Anne.

She got Leigh's attention and they rounded up the children.

Kevin pulled Marguerite off of Krista before she could do anymore damage. He restrained her while Nick helped Krista up.

“Let me at her!” Krista screamed despite the black and blue mark forming around her left eye.

“Let it go Krista. You proved it was a fake.”

“Let me go!” Marguerite kicked but was unable to break free of Kevin's grip.

“Where'd you find her Nick? In the psycho ward?!” Krista held her eye.

“I called the police,” AJ said.

“Good! They can tell you despite that slut burning the paper, I'm still married to him,”Marguerite barked.

“You wouldn't have attacked her if that was true,”Kevin responded.

“I met her in Vegas a few weeks before I met you. We had a couple of days of fun. That's it. I swear,”Nick replied and helped Krista to a chair.

“Here we go,”Skylar approached with an ice pack.

Krista winced as the freezing package touched her skin. She glared at the bleach blond bimbo through her uncovered eye.

“I think you could have took her,”Skylar whispered in Krista's ear.

“ I know I could have.”She smirked but grimaced when she felt the pain at the corner of her lip. She didn't think he was work fighting for but she thought wrong. He's the only man she'd ever felt that way about. Of course if he were any kind of man, he wouldn't have let it get as far as it did. Would he?

“I'm so sorry Krista. I knew she was a little out there but I never imagined this,”He whispered.

“It's okay.”She rest her hand over his just as the police arrived.

“We received a call about domestic disturbance here,”The officer stated with his partner at his side.

“That would have been me,”AJ offered up.

“Are you the homeowner?”

“No. That would be me,”Nick stood.

“I want to press charges against her,”Marguerite interrupted; directing her gaze toward Krista.

“Really? You're the one that fucking attacked me!” Krista returned loudly.

“Ladies please,”The officer stepped in.”We'll get your statements. In the meantime is there anything you'd like to add sir?” Turning his attention to Nick.

“I'd like to press charges for her trespassing on my property.”

“But what about us Nick?” She pouted.

“There never was us. We had a good time. End of story. Move on.”

“Get her out of here and I'll get the story from this young lady here.”He told his partner; referring to Krista being the other.

The remaining officer took Marguerite off Kevin's hand.

Krista didn't want to press charges. The girl obviously had enough issues without her adding insult to injury. But as for Nick..........
Chapter 21 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


A two fer today ladies. Enjoy!



Well, they'd discuss things later. She needed to know that Marguerite was the only that was off her rocker enough to even pull something like that. As for the charges Nick wanted to press, Krista talked him out of that . Well, with the only stipulation being she get some help. If not, he could do whatever the hell he wanted. She tried to take her man for God's sake. Things had settled and the children were getting restless but there was another reason for the barbecue that afternoon. Krista and Nick were the only ones that knew about the baby and the engagement at that point. Them meeting Krista was only part of the production.

“I hate to be a party pooper but we really need to get James home for bed,”Howie informed the group that was lounging in the living room.

“Hold on just a sec there Dorough,”Skylar said.

“What?”

“Kevin get your ass in here,”she yelled. He and Nick had gone to get she and Krista drinks.

“Pipe down Sky. I'm coming!”

Nick slid his arms around Krista's waist and whispered,”I can't wait to get you alone tonight.”

“Nick.”She giggled. He truly made her feel like a school girl but they did need to talk about his past. Not that she was worried about his fidelity but it was more for her piece of mind than anything.

“Okay you two. Stop neckin over there,”Skylar reprimanded them.

“Only if you do,”Krista said; noting the way Kevin was holding Skylar. It was a nice, warm feeling. She was happy for her friend.

“We're allowed. We'll be an old married couple before you two.”

“Okay you guys. What's going on?” AJ interjected.

“Well you know the reason Krista and Nick met was because I whisked Skylar off to Kauai for a little romantic getaway. While we were there and the magic of the tropics, I proposed,”Kevin announced.

“And of course I said yes,”Skylar beamed; holding the sinfully shiny diamond on her finger up.

“I wondered what that glare was earlier,”AJ teased.

“Don't you start. Last time I checked, Rochelle has a pretty sparkly bauble on hers.”

“Yes, but she deserves it.”

“I'll deal with you another time Mclean. You know I will.” After that he backed down.

Leigh Anne had been quiet up until that point but being a Mother, she knew something else was going on.” Would you guys pipe down already? I believe these two have another announcement to make,”she said as Brian slid his arm around her where they sat.

“She's right. Before the whole debacle at the cabin, Skylar found out she was pregnant,"Kevin continued.

“Another one of you?”AJ teased.

“How is it you're still alive?”Skylar shot him a look.

“Because I have Rochelle to protect me,”he grinned as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Well let me be the first to congratulate you Cos.”

Leave it to Brian to be the first up and across the room; hugging on both of them. He was always the optimistic one.

“Did you ever think they'd do it?”Nick inquired sincerely of Krista.

She turned her head and looked up at him.” The first time she introduced me to him.”

“You didn't think he was big and scary?”

“Well yeah but I didn't let him see it. Gives him power.”

“I love you so much Krista.”

“Right back atcha babe,”She grinned and gave him a soft kiss.

“Hey, hey, hey you two. There are children in the room,”AJ teased as he approached.

“You're the only kid I see here,”Krista returned.

“I like you. Keep him in line would ya? We can't seem to get a handle on him.”AJ taunted.

“Watch it,”Nick warned good natured.

“We're going to head out,”Rochelle interrupted.”It was nice meeting you Krista. We'll have to get together before you leave town.”

Yeah, there was that.”Definitely.”She smiled and gave her a quick squeeze after prying Nick's arms from around her. It was sweet that he wanted to keep her so close but she was trying to be polite.”See you.”

Pulling her back against himself, she could feel the reason he needed her body to disguise what was going on in his pants. Maybe that talk could wait after all.”If I weren't being such a good host, I'd take you in the study and bend you over the desk,”he whispered.

She liked that idea. A fantasy she'd never written and never fulfilled.”What makes you so sure I want to?”

“Because I felt you shiver with anticipation when I suggested it.”Nibbling on her ear.

“You've been reading my books haven't you?”

“You mean you actually use that in your books?” He teased.

“You know you don't have to.”

“ I know. I just thought I'd see if I could fulfill one of those fantasies you write about but being as the better part of them take place in the tropics on a beach or in a seedy night club in New York City, I thought maybe we could play in the office.”

“Well I don't think you'll have to wait too long.”Her hands resting over his. The remainder of the group had children that were getting sleepy and didn't want them falling asleep there. After the congratulations to Skylar and Kevin dissipated and goodbyes were said, they were almost alone. Kevin was holding Mason on his side and Skylar's hand in the other.

“Nick. You throw a great party,”Skylar stated graciously.”Thank you for letting us share the good news.”

He extended his hand to her.

“Really?” Skylar's brow rose curiously.

“Trust me. It's better this way.”Krista smirked.

“Oh God. We need to get out of here now.”

“You mean Krista's not coming home with us?”Mason's little voice inquired.

“Uncle Nick and Krista are gonna have a little alone time,”she explained. Not that he would understand.

“But you'll come see me tomorrow right?” He pouted.

Krista took his little hand and kissed it.”I'm all yours tomorrow.”

His face lit up.”Yay! Can we go home now Daddy?”

“Sure buddy. We'll see ourselves out,”Kevin said and followed Skylar to the front door.

“I'll be back,”Krista said as she pulled out of Nick's embrace.

“Hold up. Where you going?”

“To make sure that door's locked. I don't want any more psycho girls interrupting us.”
Chapter 22 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:




Round two!


“Good idea. Meet you in the office?”

“The sooner you let me do this, the sooner you get to have your way with me.”His hand still firmly gripping hers.

“Oops.”He grinned sheepishly.

“I'll be back before you know it.” She winked and left him.

He may have to be a little gentle with her considering the battering she'd taken earlier in the day. He felt really bad about that and had been dying to make it up to her in any way, shape or form that he could. Not that sex was a fix it but they were good together. Scratch that. They were hot together.

He leaned against the desk and waited for her. She appeared in the door frame stripped of the cute little shorts outfit she was wearing. He thought he was hard before but damn! Seeing her in the lacy pink lingerie was turning him on more than he imagined.

“I do believe somebody called for dictation.”Emphasizing the first half of the last word she spoke as she approached him. There was going to be no tenderness involved here. He wanted down and dirty and so did she. Sliding the basketball length shorts down his legs she rose back to his raging erection and wrapped her lips around him immediately. He moaned her name as he gripped the desk for stability.

God he loved the way her mouth felt on him. Every part of him. Especially the part she was stroking with it. He pulled his T-shirt off . She unwrapped those luscious breasts of hers and took his cock between them. Using the lubrication she'd already created, she started stroking him with them. Again, something to be said for older women. He took control and fucked her tits where she was kneeled before him. She was definitely as deviant as he was but he didn't want to come on them so he pulled her up off the floor and bent her over the desk. Reaching around her, his hand slid over her stomach and down between her thighs. His finger dove into her wetness.”I see somebody's ready for me.”

“I'm always ready for you baby,”she purred. Fuck! She just wanted to feel his dick pounding into her.

“You know there might be talk in the office.”Continuing to play on the fantasy.

“They already know I'm hot for you. And I don't even have the job yet. Let them watch.”

Now that was just flat out hot! His cock couldn't take anymore and he ripped those cute little panties from her body; shredding the material as he did.

“You will buy me another pair won't you?”She teased as she felt his dick rubbing against her ass.

“I was kind of hoping you just don't wear them at all.” Taking her off guard and pushing into her. Holy shit! In the time they'd been doing this, he'd never felt her so wet. Her body welcomed him as he took her fast and furious.

“So does this mean I get the job?” She grasped the far edge of the desk. He slowed and leaned in. Playing with one of her nipples, he twisted then pinched it hard.”Oh fuck!”

“Honey, you had it the minute you walked in that door,”he whispered; then resumed his position and grabbed her ass.” God you have such a luscious ass. Shit! You're just luscious.” As he pounded into her. They'd never really gone with the dirty talk but her body was responding just as much as his was. He could feel her tightening around him and he slowed; leaning in to whisper in her ear. His voice husky.”Come for me luscious.” And her body consumed him with those simple words

“Oh shit!” Her desire overpowering her; her body flat against the desk.

He groaned and pulled out; shooting his load on her back. “Fuck that was great!”He breathed in her ear then said,”Stay. I'll be right back.” It may have been down and dirty but he wasn't going to leave the evidence on her body.

Her breath still labored, she simply nodded. She felt the warm cloth on her back where he'd expressed his appreciation for her. Once he was done, she turned around and sat up on the desk.”That was amazing.”

“You liked that?”

“Not all the time but every now and then it's fun.”

“Did I hurt you?” Referring to the beating she took earlier from the psycho chick.

“Did you hear me complaining?”

“No.”

“Then don't worry about it,”she said with a grin as her hand moved down to his length.

“What do you think you're doing young lady?”

“You.” Getting him hard again.

“Much as I love this, I do need a break. Say we have a little something to eat?”

“Do we have to get dressed?” She bit her lip.

“If you want me to concentrate on the food,yes.”

“Spoiled sport.”

“Hey now. I may be young but I do need my strength angel.”

“Fine. You win. But I didn't say I'd play fair,”she replied as she eased off the desk. Brushing past him, she walked out into the hall and found her discarded clothing. She knew he was watching but he was right. They did need food. Then they needed to talk.
Chapter 23 by Simple Sue
Krista and Nick didn't make it as far as the kitchen before they were all over each other again She'd been in some intense relationships but what really were they in? Was it a relationship or were they just having fun? She knew he loved her and she loved him but it was a whirlwind for sure. They'd pulled the half eaten bowl of fruit salad out of the refrigerator and were playing with their food. Shared pieces of strawberry. Nibbling until their lips met. A square of watermelon in her mouth as she sucked the juice off his finger. It was a wonder they hadn't attacked one another again. She loved the way his eyes sparkled when he got playful with her. She'd knotted her blouse just across her chest and he was barren of his T-shirt.”So did you really read my stuff?”

“You don't think I did.”

“Well from the settings, I know you only read about four of them because I have set them in places other than the tropics and New York City.”

Feeding her a grape, he leaned on the counter and replied,”You mean there's more?”

She held it on her tongue and wiggled it before biting into it.”You're funny.”

“Doesn't the fact that I actually took the time to do the research count for anything?”he pouted. Her hand surfaced on his cheek as she debated his inquiry. He turned so his lips met the palm of her hand. He loved the way her eyes fluttered closed when he did something so simple.

“You make it hard to concentrate.”

His eyes met hers and he grinned.”You just make it hard.”

His innuendo not gone unnoticed and she smiled.” I don't know what I'm gonna do when you're not there with me everyday.”

“So move in with me.”

He stated it so matter of fact that she really didn't think he was serious.”Okay.”

“I'm serious.”

“That's crazy Nick. We've really only known each other a couple of weeks .” It was a big step but at the same time, the way she felt about him, she couldn't imagine life without him.

“So we can't be stupid and crazy in love in the same place?”

“But what about your work? What happens when you go on the road?”

“You could come with me. I thought you had the kind of job that allowed you that freedom.”

“I do but I also have book tours as well. The internet hasn't made the written word. People still do pick up a paperback. It's not that I don't want to. I've never felt this way about anybody in my life . Things are good right now.”

“I guess.”His eyes dropped from hers.

Her heart melted. He could go from that smoldering hot man to an innocent boy in a matter of seconds. She was trying to do the right thing. At least she thought it was the right thing. She tilted his chin up so his eyes were with hers.”God knows I would love to spend every last available second of the day with you but realistically, I can't. I had a life before I came here. I just can't up and walk away from it. I don't know how to explain you to any of the women my age that I hang with.”

“You're not going to change your mind are you?”

“If things work out the way we know they will, whether I move in next week or six months from now, we'll still have each other right?”

“You are one classy lady Krista.”

“What would you have done if I'd said yes?”

“I'd have felt like the luckiest man alive.”

“We'll get there but we need to get some sleep. I've got a hot date with a five year old tomorrow. I don't want to have to explain to him his Uncle Nick kept me awake all night.”

“You could tell him I snored all night.”

“But you don't.”

“He doesn't know that.” Nick wiggled his brows.

“You have me for another five days. You have plenty of time to enjoy me. Don't push it.”

“Can I just push it into you?” Biting his lip playfully.

“You are terrible.”She giggled. “But to answer your question, yes. Only requirement is you have to catch me first.”



The next afternoon she was playing with Mason and Nick was watching her. They could have that couldn't they? She wasn't so old that she couldn't not bear children. It was just a little riskier from what he'd heard. Skylar snuck up on him and said,”You're taking good care of my friend aren't you?”

“Of course I am. Where's Kevin at?”

“He had some errands to run but he should be home in an hour.”

“Gotcha. Did she tell you I asked her to move in with me?”

Her knees would have buckled if she'd hadn't been sitting down. Moving in? That was news. Wait. She hadn't heard the answer.”What'd she say?”

“She's thinking about it.”

“Does that mean right away thinking or considering it for the future?”

Nick chuckled. Two weeks ago he and Krista were at each other's throats and now they were inseparable. It made sense for Skylar to worry about her girl.”She hasn't said yes one way or the other so don't worry about it.”

“So that whole Marguerite mess?”

“We talked about that. I didn't know that she was that messed up when I met her in Vegas. Having a fling there could cost you your marital status.”

“How did she end up finding you here anyway?”

“We got a call this morning. The police say she hired a private detective but the good news is she agreed to get some help.”

“Damn! I kinda wanted to see her ass in jail for what she did to Krista.”

“Me too but your friend has a big heart.”

“Don't I know it.”


Krista stumbled over to Nick.”Auntie Krista needs a break. Can you take over for a few?”

“Sure.” Pecking her on the lips before taking on the youngster.

She took over Nick's chair.”Hey lady. How you doing?”

“Well morning sickness is a blast,”she replied sarcastically.”But other than that, I'm doing just fine.”

“So have you two decided on a date yet?”

“Actually we have. Next June. The 25th to be exact. You know you're going to be my maid of honor girlie.”

“Of course.”

“So I hear you're thinking about moving in with blondie.”Changing the subject.


“Not for awhile.”

“But you want to?”

“Is that crazy?”

“No. If you feel it's the right thing then go for it. You don't want to regret it do you?”

She took a deep breath and said,”You're right. It's time to stop being rational and let go. Nick!” She called.

“Hang on buddy!”holding the child off as long as he could.

“The answer to that question you asked me last night?”

“Yeah?”

“I've changed my mind.” And just like that, their lives had changed. Skylar was marrying the man of her dreams and she was moving in with the man of hers.
End Notes:



This season of love has ended but there are still two left so stay tuned! :)


This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10755