Strange Magic by Simple Sue
Summary: Photobucket



Curiosity killed the cat but would it kill our relationship? I never meant for it to go as far as it did. All I was doing was a little exploring. Turns out I enjoyed it. Slightly too much. That's how I got caught.


I didn't want to believe what I was seeing. How the hell could she do this to me?! Didn't I satisfy her?! I don't know what pissed me off more. The fact that somebody else could give her so much pleasure or that I wanted to have a part in it.

Categories: Fanfiction > Music > New Kids on the Block Characters: Donnie
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Slash F/F
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 36 Completed: Yes Word count: 46305 Read: 47881 Published: 11/27/11 Updated: 01/26/12
Story Notes:



First of all, I'd like to thank Tri for inspiring me to take a chance of my own. If you've read my stories Public Displays and Pure Obsession, you know I've dabbled here. Now I'm working on a larger scale. Let me know what you think!


1. Chapter 1 by Simple Sue

2. Chapter 2 by Simple Sue

3. Chapter 3 by Simple Sue

4. Chapter 4 by Simple Sue

5. Chapter 5 by Simple Sue

6. Chapter 6 by Simple Sue

7. Chapter 7 by Simple Sue

8. Chapter 8 by Simple Sue

9. Chapter 9 by Simple Sue

10. Chapter 10 by Simple Sue

11. Chapter 11 by Simple Sue

12. Chapter 12 by Simple Sue

13. Chapter 13 by Simple Sue

14. Chapter 14 by Simple Sue

15. Chapter 15 by Simple Sue

16. Chapter 16 by Simple Sue

17. Chapter 17 by Simple Sue

18. Chapter 18 by Simple Sue

19. Chapter 19 by Simple Sue

20. Chapter 20 by Simple Sue

21. Chapter 21 by Simple Sue

22. Chapter 22 by Simple Sue

23. Chapter 23 by Simple Sue

24. Chapter 24 by Simple Sue

25. Chapter 25 by Simple Sue

26. Chapter 26 by Simple Sue

27. Chapter 27 by Simple Sue

28. Chapter 28 by Simple Sue

29. Chapter 29 by Simple Sue

30. Chapter 30 by Simple Sue

31. Chapter 31 by Simple Sue

32. Chapter 32 by Simple Sue

33. Chapter 33 by Simple Sue

34. Chapter 34 by Simple Sue

35. Chapter 35 by Simple Sue

36. Chapter 36 by Simple Sue

Chapter 1 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Here we go!
I'm not sure how or even when it started, I just know that it did. I'd always had a curiosity about women but that's all it had ever been until my friend Roxy started telling me about her exploits. Roxy had never been shy about her sexual prowess. She liked men but she preferred women. Did it bother me being around her knowing all of this? At first bu t I got over it. Only because I knew she'd experienced something that had more than piqued my interest now. It was no longer a lingering fascination. It was an overwhelming desire to see if what I'd felt watching those porcelain breasted women in pornos all these years was just a n overpowering need to get off or if some part of them actually turned me on like it did when I was with a man. So I explored. Roxy and I were having lunch at my place one Saturday afternoon when I finally did. She was putting the lunch meat away in the refrigerator and when she turned from closing the door, I kissed her. And kissed her. She eventually backed me against the opposite counter and we kissed until we were breathless. She asked what he took me so long but before I could answer, in walked my reason for putting it off.

Donnie. The only good thing I'd ever done right in my life. We had no problems in or out of the bedroom because I know you were thinking that's why I did what I did. My motivation was merely the need to satisfy my knowledge for the unknown. Okay, so I kissed the girl. I liked it. I liked it a lot. More than I ever expected to. At first I felt horrible for lying to him about it but it wasn't hurting either one of us. He had his Saturday afternoon round of golf and I , well I had Roxy. Funny that he never questioned her being there every weekend but he saw the same set of friends every weekend. Maybe that's why he never pushed it. Roxy and I were cautious in the beginning. She never pushed it any further than I wanted. And for the longest time, I wouldn't let her touch me below the waist. Until that afternoon that is. We'd gone shopping and when we got back to my place, we modeled our buys. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea considering where our relationship was at that point. There I stood in a red teddy with black spaghetti straps and a matching ribbon that laced up at the cleavage.

Roxy whistled when I walked out of the closet. She lay on her side on the bed; propped up on her elbow.”Donnie is one fucking lucky man.”

I guess I'd let myself get more involved with Roxy than I believed because as I was trying the piece of lingerie on in the store, I found myself more concerned with what she would think than what he would think. Would she think I looked hot? Would she want to rip it from my body and fuck me senseless. Toys people. Adult toys! Oh yeah, I went there. Obviously she thought it would be hot enough for him but I crawled onto the bed and faced her.”Don't you like it?”

“I love it but I thought you bought to wear for him.”

She knew I was a little insecure about my body even though she told me how good I looked all the time. Like I said, I bought it because I thought she would want to tear it off me like he would. I was at that point where I had convinced myself I was ready to let her touch me beyond where we'd already been.”Kinda but I thought you might like it too.” Tracing my finger over the arm that rest on the bed.

“Meg, you're fucking hot and you know it. Do you think men were really looking at me when we walked through the mall with those Victoria's Secret bags?”

“Oh please. They were undressing you with their eyes then taking you in a dressing room at the nearest store.” My eyes diverted to the pillow.

“C'mon Meg.”Her voice drawing my gaze back to hers.”You know what I think?”

“What?”

“They were looking at us both and thinking wouldn't it be the shit if I could have those two in my bed and fuck them til the sun comes up. You know it's true. They always do. They'd get the best of both worlds girl. The devil and the angel.”

“Which one are you?” I smiled.

“The devil.”Pushing the hair back from my face.”You're beautiful and don't you ever forget it.”

Bringing my lips to hers, she softly kissed me. I felt her arm go down around my waist and pull me closer as we did. I didn't even consider that her hand had ventured beyond my designated comfort area as my leg came up around her hip. The way she touched me was like nothing I'd ever felt in my life. My head rest against a pillow as we turned back onto the bed. Her lips moved from mine and down over my body. I felt one of her long, dark strands of hair brush my skin as her tongue played over my heated flesh. She nibbled on my ear then progressed down my neck; tiny nips along the path. Something inaudible passed through my lips as hers moved over my fair skinned shoulder. I felt her hand through the thin material over my breast as her mouth came down to the cleavage. She did have that devilish glint in her eye as she unlaced the ribbon there with her teeth. The feeling of her hand on my chest was nothing new. I'd felt that but something was different about the touch. It felt forbidden this time but I didn't care. I was so lost in feeling her, I forgot where we were.

“I love your tits,” she murmured as she pushed the material away; the thin strap draping off my shoulder. She took the already hard nub of flesh and tugged gently on it.

She loved playing with my boobs. I couldn't blame her. I loved playing with them. It was the one thing that kept my sex life healthy. With both of them. They both like it. Her hand surrounded the supple flesh as she sucked and tickled every nerve ending to it's limit. It was incredible! I was starting to feel that familiar dampness between my thighs and it wasn't because of how she was touching me, it was where she was touching me. She'd crossed that boundary I'd set. I gasped and removed her hand.

“I don't want you to do anything you're not ready for angel but from what I felt, I think you are.”

She was right. I was ready. It just took me by surprise was all. I took her hand and moved it back to where it was; unsnapping the crotch of my teddy.

She grinned and let her thumb wander onto my clit. Oh Shit! My body tensed as her hand made itself familiar with a part of me that only men had laid claim to. Her eyes remained with mine as she wiggled a finger into my depths.

She leaned in and whispered,” God I wish I was a man.”

“No you don't.”

“Yes I do,”She returned and in a hushed tone, “So I could fuck you until the sun comes up my goddess.”

My body tightened around the finger that was now pumping into me.

“Would you let me taste you angel? I bet you taste sweet.”

“Please,”I begged. Oh fuck! That was unbelievable. I watched as she slipped her tongue through the ripe flesh; slowly worming it's way through the tender pink lips and to my clit. As she sucked it between her lips, I felt her finger slide into me. She took her time in my pleasure. I was so far off this plane that I barely heard his voice through the fog of my euphoric state.

“Hey babe! I'm home. I”m gonna get a shower then we can go grab a....bite....to....eat.” He trailed off just as I felt her tongue penetrate my entrance.

We both froze and my eyes popped open. I'd never felt more exposed in my life as Roxy moved from between my legs. I attempted to cover myself with what little material was there but it was useless. I'd been caught.
Chapter 2 by Simple Sue
DONNIE



I had the button on my slacks undone before I even realized that it wasn't just her and I in the room. Our room. I mean I saw the purses on the counter. They had to be somewhere in the house. I never imagined that it would be like that though. What was I supposed to think? And being a guy I'm supposed to get all jacked up over two women together right? It's different when you watch it on a screen or even in a strip club but to find your girlfriend getting it on in your own bed with another woman? I wasn't sure what to think. It looked like she was having a good time and it could have been worse I suppose. At least she was with somebody she liked. Hell, maybe she was in love with Roxy. I didn't know. I knew Roxy liked girls more than boys. It was no secret but I didn't think she could turn my girl that direction. She did look hot in that little black and red teddy though. And Roxy didn't look bad either in tiny little gold nightie.

I could have gone off on her. I could have joined them but I was still trying to wrap my head around the whole situation. I had to wonder how long it'd been going on. They did spend every Saturday afternoon together. And the fact that Meg couldn't wait to see me leave those days. Roxy didn't seem ashamed of the fact that she was about to do my girlfriend. In fact, she was pretty damned proud that she was getting that same piece I was. I love Meg madly and I think she believed we were doing okay. We were but the communication seemed to be off somewhere. Every time I asked her about Roxy, she diverted the subject elsewhere after saying she was fine. That should have been my first sign. So instead of acknowledging what was going on in my bed, I walked past them and into the bathroom. I needed to process it before I could actually be rational about it. I wasn't going to lose her over something as simple as that. Then I felt her hands on my back as I was adjusting the temperature of the water.”Meg. Please. I need a minute.”

“And I need you to know that Roxy isn't the one to blame here.” Her lips pressing against the back of my shoulder.

I quickly turned to face her. Was she telling me what I think she was? She was the one that initiated that whole scenario?”What's going on Meg?”

“I was curious. Roxy's my friend. I really didn't think it would go this far.”

“How far did you think it would go Meg? You kissed her and expected nothing else to happen?!” I was confused. I should be happy that my woman could give me the ultimate fantasy. It's too bad she never told me before then.

“I didn't even think I would like it. Half the women I know are curious.”

“So now I'm just supposed to accept the fact that you like women now?”

“I like women but I still like what you do for me better.” Pressing up against me in that hot little number as her lips moved close to mine. It just wasn't right that she was getting my dick all revved up when I should have been pissed off at her. She was slipping her hand in my slacks before I realized that I shouldn't be letting her get to me like this.”Do you?”

“What kind of question is that?” She pulled back from me; offended that I wasn't giving into her little seduction.

How the hell was I supposed to feel? I mean sure, I liked what she was doing but was she doing it because she needed to finish off what she'd started in that bed or was she just trying to distract me from the fact that she liked playing with women too? “It's the kind of question that I should have asked you long ago.”

“So you think if you'd asked me about it before I would have told you I liked what Roxy did for me ?”

“You could have at least told me you were curious and if it's something you wanted to try, I would have been more open to it. Right now, I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that your best friend was getting you off. It would have been easier to come home and find you in bed with a man. That I would have understood. This, I don't get!” Reaching in and turning the water off so it could heat up again.

How long Roxy had been standing in the doorway I wasn't sure but she interrupted our argument by saying,”Have you ever thought of the possibilities here Donnie? You've got two beautiful women that want to be with you and you're pissed off? Most men would just do it and ask questions later. I don't even think you realize how fucking lucky you are.”

Okay, she had a point but it's not like I'd never had the opportunities before but Meg is my woman. She shouldn't be wanting things like this. This was reality not a porno movie. She was right in the fact that most men would have just done it but most likely would have never asked questions. And he couldn't deny that Roxy had a lush ass.. It was right there for me to see when I walked in and my eyes didn't just tear away from it the minute I saw it either. Her legs were parted just so where I could see her nice little pussy too. Damn that was just wrong! I loved Meg.” I love my girlfriend. Is it so hard to believe I don't find that intriguing?!”

“Your dick doesn't lie Donnie,”Roxy said; pointing out the obvious state of arousal rising against partially opened pants. Fuck!
Chapter 3 by Simple Sue
“Rox. Hun. Give us a minute will ya?” I smiled sweetly. She could never resist that.

She bridged the short distance between us and said,”Anything for you my goddess.” Giving my ass a firm squeeze and a quick peck on the cheek before turning to him.

Oh Great! Now I had not only the alpha male but a alpha female. With Donnie, it made me hot. With Roxy, okay it was kind of but I felt like I was in the middle of a pissing contest and Roxy knew damned well whom would win.

“Don't get your panties in a bunch Don. She loves you. I'm just a sex object.” Her finger trailing down the middle of his body before leaving us alone.

Disgust was written on his face but the evidence had shown in his pants. I could have been pissed. Maybe I was but I knew her too well. She was doing it just to get a rise out of me. Instead it made me want to mount him and ride him like the stallion that he was. My lustful gaze didn't go unnoticed.

“Don't get any bright ideas Meg. Make sure she's gone by the time I'm done in here.”

“Yes sir.” Giving him a mock salute when all I wanted to do was give him the bird after that little power play.

“I mean it.” Removing the remainder of his clothes.” If you ever want to play with this boy again, make damn sure she's gone!” He'd yelled loud enough for Roxy to hear before stepping into the shower.

I walked out into the room and she was putting her boots on. I sat down beside her on the bed.

“I heard,”she said softly.

I started fidgeting with my fingers and she grabbed my hands.”Stop. He loves you. That's why he's pissed. I would be too if I was your man.”

The part about her wanting to be a man bothered me a little bit. Maybe it was just that she wanted to be the dominant force in our relationship. Who knew? I pulled my hands from hers and looked up into her eyes.” I'm really confused Rox. I love him but I like what we have too. I don't think I can give this up.”

“You don't have to. We'll just be more careful in the future.” Her hand sliding up my thigh.”But I think you need to let go.”

“Roxy please.... No!” My voice rose as she released the snaps and started massaging my clit with her thumb. It felt so good but he was in the next room.”Roxy please. He's in the next room.

“I know but we'll be done before he gets out. I promise.”

I really wanted to continue arguing but my need for release was winning the battle with my conscience. I leaned back on the bed;my hands holding me up. My legs spread and my hips shifted to accommodate the movement of her finger inside of me. “Roxy please!”

“Come on baby. You're so close.”

She was right. I was right on the verge. Just a few more strokes and my walls clenched around her finger.”Oh God!” I gripped the sheets behind me; my head dropping back. It was sheer Heaven but my bliss was short lived. I heard the clearing of a throat and I knew it wasn't her. My head tilted back up and I saw the fire in his eyes. Roxy's finger vacated my body and I looked her direction. She slid the middle finger into her mouth and slowly withdrew it. Like a big 'fuck you' to Donnie. Showing him that she could do the same thing he could for me.

“Damn she's sweet!”Roxy smirked.

I felt the bed shift as she moved from it. My gaze returned to him and I could see where his eyes had landed. They'd drifted down to survey Roxy's handiwork but moved back up to meet mine.”If you'd still like to join your boyfriend for dinner, be ready in fifteen. I won't wait.”

I knew he wouldn't so I pulled myself together and headed for the shower. This was going to be fun.



DONNIE


I know I should have just gone without her. Let her suffer but I had to know the how, when and why this happened. I had a pretty good idea of the where. And as for Roxy, the little bitch! I could see the attraction. Hell! Half of my friends had tried getting on that ride but she wouldn't have a one of them. I was beginning to understand why. She liked men but she obviously preferred the ladies like we did. That's just not fair competition. What am I talking about?! She's not competition. Then why did it feel like it? Oh yeah, she just got my girlfriend off while I was in the shower. I mean we liked trying new things in the bedroom. Fuck, we'd even tried them outside the bedroom but this was making absolutely no sense to me at all. Like I said, it would have been easier to understand the mechanics of her screwing around with another man but when that 'man' had a nice little round ass like hers, well...... I don't know. Part of me was being that guy fantasizing about having two hot women in his bed but the other part of me felt left out of her life. Like I didn't serve a purpose there anymore. I must have got lost in my thoughts because by the time she was done in the shower, I was still only half dressed. We were moving past each other like strangers. Maybe that's what we'd become. There was a deafening silence between us as we traveled to the restaurant. Once we'd been seated and were looking at the menus, I pulled mine down and broached the question that had been weighing on me since I'd found them.”Why?”

Not removing the menu from her line of sight, she ignored me.

“I know you heard me. Why won't you answer me?”

“Because I really don't know myself.”

“Good evening folks. I'm Dottie and I'll be your waitress for the evening. Can I start you folks off with a drink?” Her attention totally focused on me.

“Meg?” I questioned her because it was obvious the girl was not going to give her any sort of attention.

“I'll have a mango margarita thank you.” I could feel the daggers in her eyes but she had no right. I was the victim here.

“And I think I'll just stick with the straight stuff and have an iced tea please.”

“Coming right up.”She winked. Maybe that's why Meg went running elsewhere. Women always hitting on me. It never bothered her before though. I'd always politely refused their advances.


“I'm not gonna beg you to talk Meg but you've got to help me understand what the hell is going on with you.”

Folding her menu and laying it on the table, she said,” I don't know. I really don't. I wish I could explain it to you.”

“I'm sure you can. We can talk about anything.”

“Can we?”

“What does that mean?”

“I know we CAN but every time I want to sit down and have a real conversation with you, you have to be somewhere.”

“You know how crazy my schedule is babe. I wish it weren't.”

“Then I guess I can explain it to you. I needed companionship. Somebody to talk to.”

“But the?” I raised my brow knowingly as the waitress returned with our drinks.

“One mango margarita and one iced tea. Did you need a few more minutes to order?” She smiled pleasantly.

“I'm ready,”Meg said but my attention was on the cute little waitress. Okay, so I was enjoying the attention she was lavishing on me but I never let Meg forget she was number one. Or had I?

“I think we're ready,”I replied. After she'd taken our order, I looked back to Meg.

“Unbelievable.”She sipped the frozen concoction and glared at me. Was I doing exactly what I was accusing her of? Wait a minute. What exactly was I accusing her of? I still had no idea what was going on. Maybe our relationship had been strained to the point where she would look to the first body that would give her what she needed; regardless of their gender.

“What? I come home to find you spread eagle with your girlfriend's tongue fucking you.”

“No she wasn't.” Meg defended.

“She was close enough. I'm just flirting.”

“And you're doing a damned fine job of it too.”

“So are you going to tell me when this started?”Diverting the subject back to her extracurricular activities.”

“Why should I? I don't think you really care tonight.”

“If I didn't care, I would have walked out of that house without asking any questions. I really want to know what's going on. So again, when?”

“A few months ago I think. I really didn't keep track of the exact date and I was the one that initiated it.”

“So now the why?

“I was curious. I just wanted to see how it felt to kiss a woman and since she's attracted to women, I figured the worst she could tell me was that it was flattering but I wasn't her type.”

“But she didn't. I've seen the way she looks at you Meg. It might have been a friendship to you but all the years I've been with you, she's always looked at you with that same hunger as any guy would. You're all just better at disguising those things than guys.”

“So what do you want to know then?”

“I guess I want you to explain to me how it is she can get you all hot and bothered the same way I do it for you?”

The waitress had returned and was just not letting up on the flirtation. Even as she set the plate in front of Meg, her eyes were on or near me.”Be careful ma'am. It's hot.” Not like I hadn't not noticed the innuendo. I knew Meg's tolerance level for this stuff and this girl had just crossed it.

Once the waitress was gone, she glared at me.”I don't believe you. Here we are trying to straighten things out and you're making googly eyes at the hot little brunette serving us.”

“You think I'm flirting with her?”

“You sure as hell aren't ignoring her!”

“Now you're being crazy.”

“I know those eyes Donnie. They're the same ones that you used to win me. Go ahead. I don't care.”Grabbing her small purse and storming off toward the ladies room. It's not like it was wrong but it did seem to get us better service. And not like she'd never not done it when we had an attractive young man serving us.

I tried to eat but I just kept pushing the food around on my plate. She'd been gone ten minutes. I wanted to know about the physical part but she obviously had no intentions of telling me that night. I was getting to that boiling point myself again.

“Is everything okay here?”Their waitress returned.

“Just great.” I attempted to paint on a smile but it was useless. I couldn't even do that.

“Maybe I can help?”She offered.

“I don't think so.”

“You're girlfriend leave you all alone?”

“I think so.”

“That's a shame.”It almost sounded as though she were purring. Maybe I was imagining it.

“Yeah. Well, she'll get over it.”

“Her loss if she doesn't.”

Not imagining. And at that point, Meg was coming from the back of the place where the restrooms were located. I took the girl's hand and pulled her onto my lap.”So what are you doing later?” I said as Meg approached the table.

She leaned in and whispered in my ear,”You I hope.”

Maybe I was doing it out of revenge. Maybe because I was hurt.

“Oh good. I see you have a playmate for the evening.”

“Do I?” He smirked and the girl giggled.”I think that's a yes.”

“You have fun. I'll call mine to come pick me up.” Her heels making a harsh clack on the Spanish tile as she walked away.

I was just trying to make her jealous. I had no intentions of going home with this girl but now I was actually considering it.”What time you get off Dottie?”

“Luckily, you're my last table. We can be out of here as soon as I settle up my remaining bills.”

“Great. I'll be waiting.”I could have gone after Meg but I was pissed off now and she wasn't going to win this time.
Chapter 4 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



I just wanted to say thanks to those that are supporting this effort and that it's gonna be a journey for us both. Again, thank you.


I'm sure the girl knew she was being used but it didn't seem to phase her at all. That alone should have bothered me but Meg had taken the one thing we shared and gave it away. To a woman. I guess I felt the need to know a woman found me attractive. Okay, I know they do, but I needed that one on one affirmation. Somebody touching me those places that only Meg had privilege to the last three years. Dottie offered me a drink once we were inside her apartment. It was nothing fancy but it did have a nice view. The full length windows giving a great view of the city lights. Millions and millions of them. I was actually reconsidering my decision before the alcohol kicked in and knocked all rationale out the window. She had gone to freshen up and I should have walked out then but not wanting to go home, I stayed. I still felt that need to prove my masculinity. I felt her arms slide around my middle. She was making no bones about what she wanted. Draining the beer, I dropped the bottle to the floor. I turned around and pressed her against the nearest wall. That sinful smile played on her lips as I forced her hands overhead; rendering her helpless. I slid my hand down one arm to the curve of her breast. Round and full. The essence of femininity if I'd ever seen it. The rise and fall of her chest. Yeah, I was getting there. I held her prisoner as my lips crushed hers. A slight whimper passing through hers as I pulled her body against mine. I released her and let her hands move where they would. My mouth moved from hers and my tongue trailed down her neck. She was dressed in next to nothing. The lace up ribbon at her cleavage should have bothered me but it didn't. I needed to lose myself in the most immediate body and she was there. I felt her pushing at my open shirt as I returned to her very hungry mouth. The feverish intensity carrying us away. I pulled the shirt away and I felt her tugging at the t-shirt that I had been wearing beneath it. Separating from her, I pulled it over my head and consumed her mouth yet again.

Pulling my hand to her center, she whispered in my ear,” Taste me. I know you want to.” Kissing me yet again.

There was no denying that. My mouth left hers, nipping through the sheer material covering her body as I worked my way down toward it. But as I pushed the material aside to get at her, the image of Roxy centered between Meg's thighs doing the exact same thing flashed in front of me. If I did this, I would be no better than her. I stood up and looked at her apologetically.”I'm sorry. I can't do this.”

“You sure?” She moved toward me and rubbed her hand over my jeans. Sure it was a physical reaction but it had nothing to do with her.

Maybe not. I wasn't thinking straight. She undid my jeans and slid her hand inside. NO! I was aware enough of what was going on and if I were any other guy I would have taken full advantage of it. I pulled away from her as good as it felt.”I'm sure.”

I knew it was wrong to lead somebody on that way but as I pulled my clothes back on, she made it all too clear that she wasn't pleased with my decision.”You'll be sorry.”

I was trying to bite my tongue but I looked at her and replied calmly,”Honey, anything you say anywhere can't hurt me anymore than I've already hurt myself. Go ahead and do what you've got to if it makes you feel better.”


Stunned was her first reaction to my reply but as soon as she realized I was giving her free reign to make me a total prick to all her facebook and twitter friends, she grabbed the empty beer bottle from the floor and sent it flying my direction. Luckily, I was on my way out the door and heard it crash just as I had closed it. This one was going to bite me in the ass but I'd deal with it. I'd been through worse. Like my life right now. I wasn't ready to go home. I was still trying to fathom what Meg had done. What brought her to it. Had she always liked women? Most women are curious I know but unless they're porn stars, the most they do is kiss and are done with it. I really just wanted to understand how Roxy could take care of her the way I did. Was their relationship really all that different from mine and Meg's? Maybe it was. Only because she knew what Meg needed as a woman. I thought I knew what Meg needed. It just didn't make sense.


Was I worried that she'd run off to Roxy again? Of course I was. I didn't want her running off to that bitch. I'd honestly never thought of her that way before but now that she'd taken and dragged Meg away from me, I couldn't think of her as anything else. I wasn't sure that really made any headway in the way of stealing Meg's heart though. I think Meg was as on the fence on this as I was. Wasn't sure how she felt but I wouldn't know until I arrived home that morning. I slowly turned the key in the lock and quietly pushed the door open. I set my wallet and keys on the end table by the couch where Meg laid. The TV was on. Some infomercial was playing. It was obviously just background noise. Lumpy laid faithfully on the floor near her; her hand draped off the edge. She had a kleenex clutched in the other. I kneeled down to her level just as her eyes fluttered open.



MEG


As my eyes focused, I saw him there. The room was light. He'd been out all night. I was assuming it had been with that, that...fuck! I was no better. Why should I be calling her names when I'd cheated in front of him? I was still out of sorts about the events of the previous evening. I was also very hurt that my boyfriend felt he had to get back at me by going home with that girl. Now I know how he felt.


“Hey,”he said softly as he pushed away the tousled mess of my long blonde curls.

“I'm so sorry.” The tears started flowing again. I just hated myself for what I'd done to him. Was he going to give me the boot? Did he hate me as much as I thought he did?

“Hey, hey. Shhhh.” His thumb brushing beneath my eye.”Me too.”

“For what?”

“For staying out all night.”

“Did you?”It wasn't unreasonable for me to ask was it. I had a right to know.

“No. Did you?”

I couldn't blame him for asking. I could have but I didn't want to even be near her right now. My head was spinning and she was the reason for it.” I took a cab.”

“I'm sorry for making you worry but I needed to get my head straight before I came home and we talked about this. We do need to talk about this Meg.”

“I know. I'm just so happy you're home.”And at that very moment, Lumpy chose to make his presence known. He decided he needed some attention and started pawing at Donnie's leg. That could only mean one thing. He needed to go out.

“Listen, I'll take Lumpy out then we'll talk.”

“I'll start some coffee.”

When he returned, I had the coffee brewed and poured into our mugs. We had them made when I moved in last year. His said MEG'S and mine said DONNIE'S. Then I felt like nothing could kill what we had. I didn't think for one minute I'd be the one setting our lovelife into a downward spiral.

“So.” His eyes met mine after taking a sip of the hot liquid.


I watched as he ran his thumb around the edge of the ceramic container. I knew he wanted answers. I wasn't sure what I could tell him being as I couldn't understand why Roxy did what she did. Right in front of him. Maybe I woudn't have felt so bad if it had happened before he'd returned home. I looked down into my doctored up caffeine fix then back up to him.

“So this has been going on for awhile I take it?”

“I told you it's only been three months. Maybe a little longer. I don't remember.”

“Who started it?”

“I did. I just kissed her.”

“You make it sound like it sound like it's something you do everyday.”

“Donnie. Please.” I wasn't the victim here but I could understand the pain. He took a stranger home. I brought a familiar face into ours.

“Well dammit Meg! I understand the curiosity for you but I don't get why you had to continue.”

“I can't explain it.” I attempted to reach out to him and he pulled his hand away. I felt a million miles away from him and he was just a few feet across a kitchen table from me.”I think I liked what I felt and didn't want to give it up.”


“Am I not enough for you?! “

“Of course you are.”

“Then what Meg?! What is it ?!”

“She's your equivalent. A danger and mystery. You both have it.”

His brow furrowed.”That's it? That's all?!”

“What do you want from me Donnie?! I'm trying here. I haven't stopped loving you once. All she represents is a chemical reaction right now.”

“She's your best friend. There has to be something more than just the physical involved.”

He had a point but he had to understand that she didn't mean the same thing to me as he did.”We are but I'm not interested in her as anything more. I don't want to build a life with her if that's the answer you're looking for.”

“But you want something with her.”

“I don't want anything with her if it means losing you.” That I wasn't confused about. I knew that if she continued to remain a part of my life, I would lose him forever.
Chapter 5 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



For those of you reviewing thank you and for those of you still interested and reading thank you.


I wasn't lying about giving her up for him. Despite the very real attraction, Roxy crossed a line with me on that emotional level. She knew I loved Donnie. I guess she believed I would walk away or more like he would if he was witness to what she could to my body. It wasn't going to be easy and I could understand his distance even though we'd talked a better part of the morning. We were trying to keep our Sunday fairly regular in light of current events. I knew it wasn't going to be easy on him. Hell, it wasn't easy on me. I was dealing with some very mixed emotions myself. True, she was my friend and it was way more intimate than I wanted to admit. Risked the love of a good and decent man just to satisfy that fascination. We watched a movie and I sat in the recliner. He stretched out on the couch with Lumpy. It was the first time I wasn't his snuggle buddy on Sunday afternoon. He wasn't being mean. It was just going to take time to regain that trust that I'd broke. Looking at the long and short hands on the wall clock, it's display reading six p.m., I turned and looked at him.”Are you hungry?”

Scratching Lumpy's head, he answered,”A little but you don't have to cook anything. We could order a pizza if you want.”


“I guess that's okay.” God! This felt so forced.

“Well if you're watching your figure .”Giving me that look of you know I am.

“We could forget about the food if you'd rather.”Biting my lip. We needed to forget. More like I needed to. I really didn't know about him.



DONNIE


I just wanted to forget about everything that had happened in the last twenty four hours. How close I came to making the biggest mistake of my life. How close I came to losing Meg. I realize the last thing I should be doing with her is hittin it but the moment was there and if we didn't take it, we'd regret it. Reality would still be there in a couple of hours. I rid myself of Lumpy.”Y'know, I haven't had a shower all day.”

She jumped at the suggestion. We raced to the bathroom and closed the door. I turned the water on but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. No wonder a woman could find her hot. No! This is about you two. Stepping toward me, she grinned mischievously. I'd only stripped myself of the T-shirt I still had on. She kissed me softly, gently tugging on my lower lip as her hand slid down to the waist of my jeans. She undid the button and her hand dove in. Lord did she know my body! She stroked me as we continued kissing. Pulling away, I checked the temperature. It was definitely as hot as we were at that very moment. She stepped in and waited for me to join her. Ridding myself of the jeans, I stepped in and closed the door behind me. I think our bodies were doing all the talking and I think that's all we wanted at that point. Words would have spoiled it. I moved my hand between her legs and found that she was ready for me. Completely and totally mine. I knew I was. Lifting her up off the floor, I settled her on my cock. Her legs wrapped around me as our eyes locked into one another's . I just wanted to stay like this. Feel her wrapped around me forever. She made the move to that soft, tender kiss. I thought we were going for hungry but she'd set the pace as my body followed. Slowly. Steadily, I took her. She held on as I forced her body up the wall with each thrust. Her sweet sound of satisfaction echoed in those walls and nothing ever sounded so friggin great. As we eased out of that position, she moved completely under the showerhead. The water sliding down over her. I really couldn't help myself. We played yet again as we got clean. We never did make it to dinner that night. I should have been sleeping being as I had an early call but as I said, reality would be there when we got back to it.



MEG

We made love all night long and it never occurred to me if he was doing it to prove a point. I just know it felt good but when I felt his arm drape around me early the next morning as the alarm clock went
off, the confusion hit again. As the stubble of his cheek brushed against my shoulder, I felt that long, dark strand of Roxy's hair brushing against my heated flesh but the body curved up against mine wasn't hers.

“Mornin babe,” he mumbled as his hand slid down between my legs. I was wet and it wasn't because of him this time.

“Mornin yourself. Shouldn't you be getting ready to go?”

He looked over my shoulder at the digital display.” We've got time.”

I was praying that we didn't for my own selfish reasons but if he didn't know that she was the cause of my arousal then it wouldn't hurt. He lifted my leg back over his hip and pushed into me. Oh God that felt good! His arm wrapped around my body as he gradually pushed my body into overdrive. I turned my head and looked back. Our lips met briefly before I turned back and grasped at the pillow. My body clenched around him and I bit into the pillowcase. I'd never come that hard and fast. Apparently, I'd dragged him along for the ride.

“Now I can get ready,”he whispered huskily into my ear and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. He was happy. That's all I wanted until I could figure out what the fuck was wrong with me.
Chapter 6 by Simple Sue
DONNIE


It had been almost two weeks since 'the event' and things seemed to be getting better. At least I thought they were. Roxy hadn't been mentioned and as far as I knew, had made no attempt to contact Meg either. Which was fine by me. Maybe she was really out of our lives for good but I wasn't holding my breath. I knew Roxy's type. She'd move on and when she got bored with that flavor, she'd come running to Meg for reassurance of her beauty. Not like she needed it. She just needed Meg. That's what worried me.

I'd had a long day of shooting that Thursday and all I wanted to do was fall into bed and cuddle with Meg. I called out to Lumpy but he didn't respond. Usually meant he was with Meg. I searched the place and found him watching her make up the guest bed.”Hey babe. What's going on?”

“I got a call from Jon and he wanted to know if he could stay with us for the weekend. He's got a meeting in the city tomorrow afternoon and I told him it was okay.”

“Do I need to cancel my round this weekend again?”

“Not at all. He's my friend too. We can do dinner on Saturday night like we always do plus one.”And smiled.

I loved her smile. It went missing in action the first few days after the incident with Roxy. I was the victim but I knew she was feeling a guilt beyond what I could comprehend.”So when is he supposed to get here?”

“Six or seven. I should be home before he gets here.”

“Sounds good. So how was your day?”

“Not as long as yours I see.”

I gave her a weak smile. I was so tired.”I'm gonna go take a shower then climb into bed. Join me?”

“In the shower or bed?”

“Both.” Hey, I may have been tired but I'm still a man.

She giggled.”I'll be in shortly. Give me a few.”

“Love you Meg.”

“Love you too D.” And blew me a kiss before I left the room.

Lumpy finally decided to acknowledge my presence and followed me into the bedroom. He made himself comfortable on the floor at the end of the bed and watched me. She didn't join me in the shower but I did find her getting ready for bed. She wore the cutest little things but I liked it even better when she wore my T-shirts. Which was what she was sliding over her head. Her long blond curls spilling back onto her shoulders after it was completely on.”Have I told you how hot you look in these things?” Sliding my arms around her waist from behind.

“A few million times.” I knew she could feel what I was. I was hard. I just wanted to take her ten different ways.

“Do you ever get tired of hearing it?” I whispered after pushing the hair away from her ear. I nibbled down her neck.

“Never. I thought you were tired.” She said as my hand moved and pushed the hem of the t- shirt up. I went right in for the kill. I wanted to feel her. Even if it meant it was only a quickie. Lord knows we wouldn't be getting any in with a house guest.

She moaned and I continued to play with her. When I knew she was good and ready, I dropped the towel, wrapped around my waist. It was like she knew me. She crawled onto the bed on all fours and wiggled her luscious ass at me. Shooting me a wicked grin along with it. I eased into her but as I my grip on her hips became more pronounced, I was seeing a different body. Roxy's juicy little pussy was staring me in the face. How sick was that?! I didn't even want her but it was the sight of her body that was driving me to fuck Meg into the ground. With a final push, I grunted and pulled out of her. She lay there on her stomach. She was exhausted but her head resting on her hands, I saw the undeniable look of satisfaction on her face. She was happy. She didn't need to know I was using her friend's body to get off. Sick as it was.



MEG


He'd never fucked me like that before and I have to say, it was incredible. We lay turned away from each other that night but he eventually turned over and pulled me to him. I liked waking up in his arms. It was helping me feel more secure about things these days. Friday evening arrived and so did Jon. We ordered in, enjoyed dinner and each other's company. Saturday came and Donnie was leaving for his usual Saturday afternoon. I kissed him and said,”Love you. See you tonight.”

He grabbed me around the waist and said, “One more for the road.”Kissing me breathless.

“You two are sickening sometimes,”Jonathon commented after Donnie left.

“You'll have that one day y'know.”

“I know. I just don't like watching you two go at it.”

“Weren't you getting ready?”

“I'm almost done. I need to make a quick call then we can get going okay?”

“No problem.”

He left the room and went into the kitchen for a little privacy. The knock on the door startled me and I opened it thinking Donnie had forgot his key. Boy was I shocked! “Hey babe! Long time.”

“There's a reason for that Roxy.”

She shrugged. “So is the big lug gone?”

“Yeah but-

And before I could protest, her lips were on mine. I did miss that but fuck! Jon was in the next room! I pushed her away.

“Did I interrupt?” Jon said.

Jesus Christ! How did I explain this one away?
Chapter 7 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


The weekend's here. Which is a bad thing for those reading because it means no access to a computer for me til Tuesday. In the meantime, enjoy this until I return:)



We answered simultaneously ; one negative and one positive response. You can guess which one was mine. I was beyond pissed off at her still. This only compounded my anger.”Get out!” I said.

“Hey Jon!” she smiled sweetly in his direction; ignoring my request.

“Leave!”

“But Meg, I just got here,”she pouted.

“And now you're leaving. Goodbye!”

“But gorgeous.”

She gave me a look that normally would have had me grabbing her and pinning her against the wall. I'd found I had a bravery with her that never existed with men. I never had a problem with men, I was always taught that men were supposed to do all the pursuing. So why was it I'd done all the chasing with her? Was it different with this? I didn't know. It was all still fresh to me. I didn't know if there were rules and such.“Get the fuck out of here! Now!”

“You don't have to be such a bitch!”

“Apparently you don't know me as well as you think you do Rox. I can turn bitch way up if you want me to.” I swear there was steam shooting out of my ears. I really wanted to strangle her but knowing what I knew, she most likely would have enjoyed it.

“Okay. I'll go. Nice seeing you Jon!” She waved over my shoulder and stepped out the still wide open door. After turning the deadbolt, I leaned against it; forgetting that Jon was still in the room.

“Care to explain?”

My eyes popped open. Shit! How was I going to sell this one? There was no way in hell he was going to buy that just happened. I'd known him too long. He's the reason I'd met Donnie. I'd known Jonathan since high school when my family moved. Sure I'd met Donnie but I was into completely different things in my life as was he at that time. We came back together about the same time they regrouped for their comeback. Jon was my best friend through the remainder of the years we spent in school together. Which was the end of my junior and full senior year. It was hard being the only that hadn't spent their entire lives there. Jon was the only one that extended his friendship and thus found a group of friends through him. They were good friends. I didn't know of Jonathan's 'preferences' until after we graduated. That I was never very good at. “Not particularly.”

“Oh come on Meg. I bet it's a doozy of a story. I've got all afternoon.”
I knew that look all too well. He'd already judged the situation before he had the facts. Maybe he'd go easy on me once he had them? Who was I kidding? I knew him too well. He would still judge me but not for the reasons I would think.”Me too. Let's do this over lunch.”

“No. You're going to sit down and tell me what the hell just happened here.”

“Fine.” I followed him to the couch and sat down with him.

“So when did this happen?”

“It's been going on a few months. Give or take.” I picked at the cuticles of my nails. I always did when I was nervous.

“Does Donnie know?”

“Um...yeah.”

“Do I even want to know how?”

“Well you know this much, so you probably should. He caught us in our bed in a rather compromising position. Before that afternoon, it had been a strictly above the waist production.”

“And you're still here?”

“I guess he doesn't want to give up. I don't either.”

“Did she convince you to try?”

“What? You think just because she's overly confident she could have talked me into liking girls?”

“I know Roxy.” He rose his brow knowingly.

“I know but Roxy is not to blame here. I was the one that initiated the whole thing.”

“Are you going through a midlife crisis Meg?”

“God Jon! You of all people I expected to be a little more supportive of my confusion.”

“I'm trying to understand it. I've known you all these years and I've never once seen you so much as turn your head to look at a woman as more than competition, not a prospective hookup.”

“That's why I'm confused. I was curious. I never expected it to go this far.”

“And yet it did. I'm really torn here Meg. I mean I should tell Donnie what happened but on the other hand, I don't want you to lose him. You two are good together. It just took him twenty five years to get there.”

“I know. That's why I'm so broke up over what I feel about her. You know me, I was brought up to believe boys and girls live happily ever after, not girls and girls live happily ever after.”

“So you feel that strong about Roxy?”

“I'm not sure what I feel for her Jon. I just know I do. I don't think I'd be quite as confused if she'd been somebody I'd just met but she's my best girlfriend and....God! What am I doing Jon?! I love Donnie. I don't want to lose him . Maybe I am going through a midlife crisis.”

“Maybe but don't you think if you're gonna survive this you should be honest with him and tell him what's really going on in here.”Putting his hand over my heart.”Instead of what you think he should hear.”

I took his hand from where it was.”I appreciate what you're saying but he knows I'm confused. He's confused. Please don't say anything before I can figure this out.” I saw the hesitation in his eyes.”Please Jon. I need to know that I can trust somebody right now. You're the only friend that knows.” I realized I was putting him in an awkward position but I needed somebody on my side.

“Okay. I'll keep it under wraps until you get your head straight.”

“Thank you.” I hugged him graciously. I should have known it wouldn't last long when my emotion wasn't reciprocated.




DONNIE



I suspected something was up that night. I knew that Jon and Meg had been friends forever but I also knew that he was never very good at holding things in. He'd always been reserved but this was beyond that. It was like a little kid at Christmas time that knew what his Mommy was getting and couldn't tell because Daddy told him not to. That's what this was. We'd just got back from dinner. Meg had gone in to the kitchen and after hanging my jacket up, I said,”Freeze.”

He turned around and looked at me. I could see it. He was holding something in that he didn't want to and I approached him.

”Let's have a little man to man before Meg gets back out here shall we?”I said.

“Sure. What's on your mind?”He replied unsteadily.

“That's what I'd like to know. What's going on Jon? You've been quiet all night. It's not like you to have nothing to say.”

“Don, I'd really rather not talk about it. Just something I don't want to bother anybody with til I figure it out.”

“We are friends Jon. You know we can talk about anything.”

“I know but I just think I need to keep this one to myself for now.”

“You sure?” I could see he was hesitating but I was determined to get an answer from him.

“No I'm not. I have this friend that asked me to keep things under wraps until they knew what was going on themselves and I just don't feel comfortable doing it.”

“What is it?”

“This afternoon after you left....well, Roxy showed up here.”

“Really?” I wanted to stay calm but I swore I would kill her if she ever stepped foot in this apartment. It was bad enough I was having dreams about her. The one that bothered me the most was the one where I was watching them and getting my jollies to their girl action. I'd been witness to it already but this was a whole different scenario. Meg had asked me to watch. The really sick part was I found myself wanting to take Roxy from behind as she got Meg off and I could watch her do it in the midst of it all.”Something else happened didn't it?”

“Uh.....maybe Meg should tell you what happened.”Noticing her appearance in the living room.

“Tell him what?”She looked at Jon then to me.

She was playing dumb. It was very obvious. Setting the cups of tea on the end table she looked at me again.”What happened when Roxy was here this afternoon Meg?”

She glared at Jonathan then looked at me.” You had just left and Jon was making a quick call when the knock on the door came. I thought maybe you forgot the key so I opened it thinking it was you. Roxy burst in here pretty much like nothing had happened and before I could stop her, she kissed me.”

“What the fuck is going on with you Meg?! It's like I can't even leave here anymore without wondering if she's gonna show up and fuck you in our bed?”

“It's better than you fucking her in our bed.”

“What are you talking about?!” I had to pretend I had no idea what she was talking about because I knew exactly what it was.

“That may have been me there physically but you were riding Roxy into the ground! Don't even try to deny it!” I was mad at Jon but I felt bad for him having to be involved in this. Good thing he knew when to disappear. Too bad he could still hear it.


I was still the victim here right?”Okay. I won't but you need to fix this. You're the one that brought her into this goddam relationship!”
Chapter 8 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Tuesday! another update. Yay! enjoy!


We'd never fought like this. Never had a reason to. Sure I was to blame but no matter how much I protested that it was me that started things, he was still going to believe she was the troublemaker. She and I had been friends far longer than he'd been my boyfriend. Him, I met way back when. A couple of years after the New Kids formed as a matter of fact but I was crushing on Jon's brother Jordan something fierce at the time. Even with a girlfriend the guy flirted shamelessly. But I'm straying. I was about to lose the love of my life all because I could suppress my urges.”God Donnie! It's not like I just dragged her in off the street.”

“No. You just invested ten years of your life before you decided to become fuck buddies!”

I know he was frustrated with this whole debacle but so was I. I didn't know how to rectify it any more than he did.”So what do you want me to do? Leave?!”

“No! I want you to stay and just get rid of her.”

“Wow! I'm glad it's that easy.” I returned sarcastically.

“Look Meg, I don't want to lose you. Maybe it's better if you do leave so we both can get our heads straight.”

I looked at him disbelievingly.”Just like that?”

“Hell Meg! I don't know what the fuck to do anymore than you do. I love you but I can't live like this with you until I know she's out of our lives for good.”


“Fine. I'll make some arrangements then get out of your way.” I was biting my lip so hard as to fight back the tears. He'd seen me cry before but this time I couldn't let him see it. Grabbing my purse, I went to the bedroom and slammed the door. I didn't even care what he was doing. Okay, I did but I was just as upset as he was. More so because I caused him this pain. I pulled my cell out of my purse and dialed Sharon's number; praying she would pick up. I know she would be there for me whatever she was doing. She was just that kind of friend.

“What's up lady?”

The tears started falling of their own will.

“Meg?”

Pulling myself together slightly, I said,”Can I stay with you for awhile?”

“What's going on Meg?” She knew me better than Roxy. We'd been friends that long.

“Donnie and I had a fight.”

“Want me to kick his ass?” She offered; not knowing it was my fault.

“It's not his fault Share. I screwed up this time.”

“Want to tell me how?”

“Could you just come get me please? I'm throwing a few things together now.”

“Sure but just so you know I'm giving up a hot date tonight,”she teased

“I'm sorry Sharon. You know I wouldn't ask otherwise.”I was so distraught I didn't even catch it this time.

“I was just kidding girl. You know I'm there for you, hot date or not you're always welcome at my place.”


“You're the best. So you gonna come pick me up?”

“Yeah give me about half an hour. Can you stand it that long?”

“If we stay in separate rooms I think we'll be okay.”

“Okay. You just hang tight lady. I'll be there as soon as I can but just so you know I was kinda looking forward to kicking his ass.”

“He didn't do anything wrong Share. Just get here okay?”

“You got it. Be there shortly.”

With that we both shut our phones off and I returned to my packing. I took everything I could possibly think I would need. I didn't know how long this was going to take or if I was going to be coming back to move my things out. It really didn't seem like much time had passed but Sharon walked into the room and got my attention. I was staring out the window when she touched my shoulder.

“You ready to go lady?”

I sniffed.”As I'm ever going to be.”

She grabbed the one duffel bag and I grabbed the handle of my rolling suitcase.”Let's go.” I paused when she opened the front door to see him standing by the window in the living room; draining what I was sure was the first of many beers from the longneck bottle in his hand. I couldn't believe that it had come to this. Sharon's hand ran across the back of my shoulder and said softly,”whatever it is, he'll come around.” She meant well but she didn't know the whole story.



DONNIE


I heard the door close and walked back into the kitchen to grab another beer. I opened the refrigerator door and stared into it. I knew where the stuff was, I just wasn't thinking straight. How could she do this to me after all this time? I still remember the first time I kissed her but I was at a different point in my life. We were kids. I was young and spreading my wings. I didn't realize what I had in her the first time Jon introduced us. Like I said, stupid kid. It wasn't until years later, after two kids and and the midst of a divorce, that we met again. We'd reunited as a group and Jon brought her to New York City with him the time we announced our comeback on the Today show. She didn't recognize me right away but when I saw her, she hadn't changed at all. I'll never forget the look in her eye when she realized it was me. It was like time had stood still and we were back at that party where we kissed for the very first time.

“Anything good?” Came Jon's voice from behind the door.

I was still upset that he didn't feel he could tell me what had happened but I was also old enough to know that he was between a rock and a hard place.”Not really. I was gonna grab a beer. Want one?”

“You know I'm not a beer guy but if you've got any wine in there, I'll take some.”

“I think she....God Jon! Why?! Why did she do it?!” Slamming the refrigerator door; the sight of the wine bottle reminding me of her.

“I don't know but I know she's very confused about it right now.”

“How do you think I feel?! I find my girlfriend being fucked by her best friend in our bed and some sick part of me wants to screw her friend while I watch her get Meg off. Any other guy would hop at that chance right?”

Jon shrugged as I leaned against the counter. He opened the refrigerator, grabbed a beer for me and the wine bottle. “Where do you keep the glasses?”

I nodded to the glass faced cabinet doors holding the wine glasses and popped open the bottle. After taking a good long draw of it I asked him to answer my question.

Returning the bottle to the refrigerator, he turned and leaned on the opposite counter's edge.”I don't know. I guess most guys would. I know my brother would despite being a faithfully married man. It's a fantasy most guys never get to live.”

“I love her Jon. I don't want to lose her.”

“I don't think you will either. You did what you had to. I think maybe some time apart will help her come to terms with what she's feeling.”

“Help her? I hope to God it helps me. I don't like the way I feel about her right now. She's my whole world. Always has been. I was just too stupid to realize it back then.”

“You mean the first time you kissed her?”

“How'd you know I kissed her?”

“Friends talk Don. Especially when it's their first kiss.”

My eyes widened. I never knew that was her first kiss.

“You didn't know?”

I shook my head. I couldn't believe it. I'd forgotten about being upset with him and now all I was thinking was I was going to lose her over the very same thing that brought us together. A kiss.
Chapter 9 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:
another chapter and if anybody's really good with html please help me! I kinda get lost after the word Wow in this chapter how to center the rest of it back. Thank you and enjoy!

MEG

I felt like I was drowning in my tears by the time we got to Sharon's place. I plopped down on the couch; briefly unconsumed by the sorrow. Granted, I'd done this but I was still upset. Sharon took my things into her spare room and returned with a couple of berry flavored wine coolers in hand.

“Talk,”she ordered me.

I hadn't talked to her in three weeks and I'd never really told her what was going on between Roxy and I so this was going to be one big bombshell for her.”Where do I start?”

“Like why this is your fault and not his?”

“Okay.” I popped open the bottle and took a drink. God that felt good. Anything to numb the pain.
“He came home and caught me in the act.”

Sharon almost dropped her wine cooler.”Meg!”

“Wait. It gets better. It wasn't a guy.”

She sat her bottle on the table.”I don't understand.”

I hesitated; picking at the label on the bottle.” He caught me with Roxy.” This time she wasn't surprised.

“So how'd she play you Meg?”

“She didn't play me. Everybody thinks she's to blame and I'm the one that started it.”

“You?” Her eyes rose disbelievingly.

“Why does everybody find it so fucking hard to believe I would try it? Am I that straightlaced?!”

“Well, yeah. Kind of. I mean your Mom and Dad taught you boys and girls belong together and no other way in the world was right. It stands to reason why we all think that.”

“Did you all ever stop to think maybe that's why I did it?”

“So how did it happen Meg? I mean I don't get it but if that's what floats your boat.”

“I don't know as it does. I don't dislike it. I'm just not sure if it's something I've got out of my system.”


“Do you want to lose him Meg because if you don't get it out of your system, I guarantee you will. He's been in love with you since the day he met you.”

“Current or way back when?”

“I remember that party at Jon's house way back when. The first time he kissed you.”


Lord did I remember that!



I was leaning against the wall; waiting for Jon to come back with our drinks. He'd been
gone quite awhile and that's when Jordan sidled up next to me. I liked the guy but I knew he was off limits because he had a girlfriend. Didn't seem to phase him though.

“Hey ya Meg! How's it going?”

“I'm fine. You?”

“Feeling pretty good. I bet you feel pretty good.”

He reeked of beer. I tried to move and he trapped me where I was. Seemed alcohol didn't limit his motor skills.”You're drunk.”


“I am?” He grinned; the dimples I was so in love with showing.


“Yes. Now if you don't mind.”

“I do. I think you and I should find a bedroom and y'know,” he suggested; his breath hot on my ear.


I might have welcomed the idea if he wasn't sloppy drunk and the tiny little obstacle he called his girlfriend but he had me trapped. I wasn't sure what to do. I'd never had a guy come on so strong. “Jordan please.”

“I like the sound of that. It's gonna sound even better when you're wiggling that cute little ass of yours under me.” His hand curving around my breast when the voice
from behind us distracted him.

“Get lost Jordan. Your girlfriend's looking for you.”

Donnie. My savior. Jordan glared at him before leaving us alone. I was pretty shaken.

“You okay?”

“I think so.”

“Come on. Let's go somewhere a little more private and you get yourself together,”He said; wrapping his arm around my shoulder. We stopped in the hallway.

I was still shivering. I mean Jordan really hadn't done anything but the fact that he could have, scared me.”Thank you so much Donnie. I don't know what-

He interrupted my rambling.”Jordan's harmless.”

“Didn't feel that way.” My eyes darting to the floor. I was afraid to even look Donnie in the eye but not for the same reasons as I was with Jordan. I was feeling something I was sure he wasn't.

He tilted my chin back up to look at him. We just looked at each other. Something was different. He didn't say a word as his lips moved closer. Before I could protest, his lips were on mine. Soft and subtle. Brief.

We exchanged another look and this time, I kissed him. I had no idea what I was doing. I was twenty years old and I'd never kissed anybody in my life. I don't think he realized it either but when his tongue slipped between my lips, I knew he was the only man I ever wanted to kiss the rest of my life. I don't know if he felt the same way but the expression in his eyes told me that he liked it.

“Wow."


That single word is what I remember. Obviously, that was the last time that happened up until the time we met in NYC when Jon brought me along for their appearance on the Today show. He wasn't quite divorced at the time and I didn't recognize him at first but when Jon told me, all those emotions came rushing back. That very first kiss. The one that changed my life. I kissed a few guys along the way. Even slept with a few but it never felt right. Now I was losing him.”Yeah I remember that.”

“Then you might want to remind your girlfriend of that. That man would move Heaven and Earth for you and if you think she's worth that then I can't stop you.”

“Well do you mind if I stay here for a few days cuz I think he needs it as much as I do.”

“It's not a problem but what finally pushed him over the edge tonight?”

“Roxy showed up this afternoon thinking I'd be alone and Jon caught us kissing. I was pushing her off but she had me liplocked long enough for him to see. I asked him not to say anything to Donnie but Donnie managed to get it out of him. I feel bad for doing that now. I'll be surprised if he ever talks to me again.”

“Oh please. He will. I'd worry more about Donnie though. Sounds like you took his heart and stomped all over it.”

“Yeah. I did. I just hope I didn't crush it completely.”
Chapter 10 by Simple Sue
DONNIE

The sun woke me up the next morning. There was snow on the television screen. I stretched and grabbed the remote from the coffee table. I put it back once I turned the tv off and sat up. My feet flat on the floor . My hands running over my face and resting on the back of my neck. I turned my head and saw that Lumpy was still comfortably stretched out where my feet had been. Then I looked around the room. Everything here screamed of her touch from the coffee table sitting in front of him to the cabinet full of her Disney princess statues in the corner. She'd told me once that it helped her believe that Prince Charming still existed. I was hers. She told me everyday. Everyday until the whole Roxy ordeal. Even then, I kept that in my thoughts. I've never wanted to hit a woman in my life like I did Roxy. Meg had told me she was to blame for starting things but I still didn't buy it. I couldn't believe that Meg was so interested in seeing what the other side lives like that she would go to that extreme. My weight lifting off the couch woke Lumpy up. He followed me lazily into the kitchen. I started the coffee. I squatted and scratched Lumpy's head where he had once again found a comfortable spot for himself. He gave me his goofy dog smile. I stood back up and blindly reached into the cabinet for a mug; pulling out two. Ours. The matching set. The one's we thought we thought we'd be pulling out of there when were eighty five. One woman was slowly killing that dream.

“You okay?” I heard his voice.

Did I zone out?”Huh?”

“I just want her back Jon. I want her here now. I saw that damned cabinet in the living room and it killed me. I'm her fucking Prince Charming for God's sake! What changed that?!” I ranted. My fist hit the counter; rattling the coffee mugs

“You'll get her back. It's just gonna take a little time. She's not going to give up the one thing she's been waiting a lifetime for.”

I turned to him;my brow furrowed.

“She knew the minute she kissed you that night that you two would somehow, someway be together in the end,”he explained, then continued.” You were just at different points in your lives then. She was going to school and you were becoming a pop star. It just happened. You can't change the way fate works. It just does. It got you back to her. It's not going to take her away.”

“Are you sure about that because I'm not.”

“I'm sorry I tried to help,”Jon replied angrily.

I knew I was out of line.”I'm sorry. I know you are and believe me, I don't think I would have made it this far without breaking something.”

“Believe me, I want to understand myself. I've known her forever and never once got that vibe from her.”

“Then it's not just me?”

“No. I think she just got herself into something she couldn't get herself out of. Even if she did instigate, Roxy knew better. She just likes playing with fire.”

“No shit. Can we talk about something else though? I really just need to get my mind off of things for awhile.”

“Sure. Wanna pour me a cup of that wake me up?”




MEG


I woke up from a very restless sleep. Roxy had not stopped calling and sending texts so I just turned my phone to silent. I must have checked it a million times just to see if he'd changed his mind. I should know better. I'd got my self into this jam, I had to worm my way out of it. I heard the knock on the door and sat up in the bed.

“Morning. How did you sleep?”

“Honestly?”

“Not very well. I hate this. It's the first time since we started living together that I haven't woke up next to him; my lower lip curled between my teeth.”I miss him.”

“I'm not trying to be a bitch but you do know what you have to do to make it right.”

“How do you walk away from one of your best friends just like that?”

“It's easy. You keep in mind they're the reason you're losing the one thing that means everything in the world to you. I've never interfered in your other friendships but I'm not gonna let this one be the reason you lose the one man you've been waiting for all your life.”

“So what do I do? I don't want to see her but I think I should. I think I owe to myself to put an end to it in person.”

“I wouldn't but you do what you gotta do.”

“Jesus Sharon! Changing my number won't help. She knows where I live and I'm not about to fucking move. She doesn't have that much power.”

“Doesn't she? She's already managed to put a wedge between you two. You know I don't mix words Meg so I'm not gonna candy coat. I don't think it's a good idea.”

“Maybe if I met her in public?”

“She's a diva. She'll make a scene.”

“You're right. I'll figure it out I guess. I just need to do it soon. In the meantime, I need to apologize to Jon.”

“Yes you do. I'll leave you alone.”

I picked my phone up off the bedside table and dialed his cell. I really hoped he was up. I hit speaker and waited for him to answer.

“Hey.”

“Hey,”I returned. Donnie had to be in the room. Either that or he was really pissed off at me. I couldn't blame him

“How's he holding up?” I said timidly.

“How do you think he is? He's miserable Meg.”

“So he's not in the room?”

“No I'm in the guest room packing my things. Not exactly the fun filled weekend I imagined you know.”

“I know. And I'm sorry for putting you in such a position. I took advantage of your better nature and I had no right to.”

“You realize that's something Roxy would have pulled .”

“I know. Can you forgive me?”

“We're good. Just remember if you even attempt to try it again, you can kiss my ass goodbye.”

“That's fair.”

“ Meg?”

“Yeah?”

“I know Roxy's been your friend for years but she's just starting. I know her type. She's determined to win you and she'll stop at nothing to do it. Just remember Prince Charming is here and waiting for his princess to return.”

I knew exactly what he meant. Donnie was my Prince Charming. Had been all my life. I wasn't about to surrender that for one lousy indiscretion
Chapter 11 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


I thought I should preface this with again thanking Tri for her inspiration. Let me know what you think:)

Climbing out of the bed, I made my way to the kitchen. Sharon had just finished pouring a cup of coffee for herself. Coffee was the one time of day during the week where Donnie and I really spent time together. I had to get this fixed. It had to be today. If we were going to make this work, it had to be done immediately.

“Want some?”Sharon turned to me and said.

“Y'know. I think I'll pick up a Starbuck's up on my way over to Roxy's.”

“I think that's a bad idea Meg.”

“I'm aware of that but if I don't do this in person, she won't take me seriously. Once she's gone, I need to get my head out of my ass and pray that I didn't screw things up with Donnie.”

“Oh hon, it'll be fine. He didn't say get out forever now did he?”

“No.”

“Look Meg, I've been one of your best friends since high school so I know this isn't something you did just because. You had your reasons. I don't understand them but once you figure it out, you can explain it to me. Personally, I dig the way men feel. But that's just me.”


I know Sharon meant well but I couldn't tell her it was something that had been building for years. Something I never shared with anybody.”So do I but I can't explain what it is about the touch of a woman that makes me feel the same.”

“You know I'm here for you when you need me.”


“I know. Do you have a spare key? I need to do this and I don't know how long I'm gonna be here so?”

“Yeah I do. I'll leave it on the counter. I'm heading out in a few minutes myself. That is if you're gonna be okay lady.”

“I'll be fine. I don't want you to drop your life for me. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself.” Famous last words. I arrived at Roxy's and the nerves settled in. Why couldn't I handle this? Maybe because we'd been friends for so long and now we had more than just a girls night out friendship. We had the kind of relationship that I had with Donnie. Well not that close but we'd been physical. I raised my fist to the door and knocked. She swung the door open and smiled. She thought she'd won apparently.

“Everything okay Goddess?”She turned serious on me.

“We need to talk.”

“I know. Come in.”

I should have known not to walk into the dragon's lair but I did. She closed the door behind me and trapped me against the nearby wall. Some part of me ached to feel her that close but another part was reminding of the prince of a man waiting for me to get over this.”Roxy please.”

“I missed you so much Goddess. Please don't ever do that to me again.”Her lips finding mine. Her touch was gentle but the emotion was urgent. She still wanted me. Jon was right. I really wanted to push her away but she pulled my body tight against hers; her hand sliding down around the curve of my butt. There was that familiar stirring down below. Her lips traveled down my neck into the cleavage of my blouse. I felt her tongue flicker over my skin and I stopped her.

“I can't do this Roxy.”

“But you want to,”she leaned in and purred in my ear; nibbling on the lobe as she worked her way through the buttons of my blouse. I felt her hand slide over the lace covered scoop and surrendered to the physical. I hadn't forgot about Donnie. I just didn't care at that point. I needed to feel her. Let her touch me again.

I knew where her room was so I stopped her this time; only to lead her there. I was sure she was just going to push me onto it but she stood there and watched as the blouse dropped to the floor. Reaching around my back, I undid the metal hooks and added the white lace object to the pile. I wiggled out of the jeans shorts I'd worn until I was standing in nothing more than a pair of French cut silk panties. Why did I not feel confused about what was going on now? We were alone before.


“Fuck you're beautiful Angel.” She had completely stripped down to all of her bronzed skin. In comparison, I was white as snow. Maybe that's what turned me on. The contrast. We were so different build wise. I was full and round. She was toned and taut. I moved back onto the bed and she came over me. Her nipple brushed against mine. Then her mouth was on it; her tongue swirling around it. Her hand slid down between my thighs and before sliding her tongue through my cleavage and onto the other, she inquired of my arousal,”Is that all for me gorgeous?”

All I could do was nod. I just wanted to feel her mouth there like it had been before. I didn't know how to tell her that. “Oh God!” I moaned as her finger curved inside me. I felt her hair tickling my skin as she made her way downstairs. Her lips gently caressed my thigh before she delved in. She pressed my thighs further apart; opening me completely to her once she'd pushed my panties aside.”Your pussy is so beautiful. I can't wait to taste you.” And she did. Her tongue wiggling through the delicate pink flesh; clamping down on that trigger.

I grasped the sheets as my back arched up of the bed. I felt her move from the bed and she she sucked my clit in one more time.”Wait right here.”

I watched as she ruffled through her drawers. I should have left but I was so consumed by my desire, I waited for her return. She turned to me with a neon pink dildo. I'd used the things before but I'd never had one used on me.”Rox.”

“Too soon?” She replied. She knew what I was thinking.

“No. At least I don't think so.”

“Let's try and if it's too much, I'll stop Okay?”

“Okay.” I nodded as the bed shifted and she lay beside me on her side. I heard the hum of the vibration as she moved it down between my legs; sliding it over the slit before moving it to my opening. She whispered in my ear. “This is the closest I'll ever get to fucking you like a man goddess.”And pushed the vibrating object into my depths. She really did want to be the man the way she moved it deep inside of me. Her lips brushed against mine then held my gaze. I reached over and played with her generous curve of flesh.

“Don't worry about me gorgeous. Just come for me.” My erratic breathing must have been the tip off because I could feel myself tighting around the object now furiously pumping into me. I grabbed her arm and screamed out her name. “God you're beautiful when you come.” Her lips brushed mine yet again.”Would you like some water?”

I nodded and she left me there alone. I curled up into a ball after she was gone. How could she be so casual about it?! Oh God! What had I done?
Chapter 12 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Saturday again....Boo! But enjoy this one and hopefully I'll have another for you by Tuesday! Later!


I physically enjoyed every single minute of what I'd just experienced but beyond that, she'd drained me emotionally. I'd given her my very soul and she took it like the devil himself. Had I been so blind as to see what she was really like all those years? Was I really that naïve? Who was I kidding?! I was sexually moronic. I was a virgin until I was twenty five for crying out loud! My friends always asked me what I was waiting for. It's not like I didn't have the offers. I told them I had to be in love. Sex was never just about just the physical for me. I couldn't just jump into bed with a man without knowing his heart was there with mine. Apparently I'd been fooled over the years because the first time I shared a bed with Donnie, I knew his heart was there. Maybe it's that little girl dream of your Prince Charming and everything being perfect. Ideally, that whole heart thing should come on your wedding night but we live in different times. That wasn't going to happen. It came when it did. And if things had worked differently, Donnie and I might have been together all this time and there wouldn't be a Roxy.


I sat up and pushed away the freshest batch of tears I'd been crying. She'd been gone quite awhile and it didn't occur to me that something else could be going on. What I wasn't sure but it would be a good time to get the hell out of here and never come back but I had to tell her it was over. That I didn't want this anymore. My heart belonged to Donnie. It always had and I screwed up royally. I dressed slowly and slid on my flats. Like I said, I couldn't just leave without telling her to stay the hell away from me and the man I love. I made my way down the hall to the living room and saw my purse exactly where it had been dropped. I picked it up and went in search of her. Then I heard it.


“Oh shit!”

That was her voice. What the hell was going on?! Maybe I should have just left at that point. It's not like she would have noticed my absence. At least from the sounds of it. I moved closer to the noise.


“Fuck you feel so good Rox!”


Now that one I didn't know. I knew she had a male roommate but I didn't think he was straight. I cautiously peered around the corner and nearly lost my lunch. There she was. Bent over the barstool with Mike shoving his dick into her. I really had no idea how depraved Roxy was. If she could have had it both ways in life she would have. Been a man for me then when she was done, let him fuck her.

“Fuck Mike.... oh yeah....That's.... the …....spot...... FUCK!”She screamed as he slammed into her.

He groaned and looked up to see me standing there. It's like a bad train wreck. You want to look away but you can't. Maybe some unconscious part of me was turned on by it. I didn't think so the way my stomach had twisted up in knots.

“So is this your princess Rox?”He chuckled and she looked up at me. Neither of them had any shame.

“Isn't she gorgeous?” Roxy grinned back to him like I wasn't in the room.

“She is a sweet piece. I could tap that. Think she'd let me?” He uttered the last part in her ear.

“You're sick. Stay away from me. Both of you.”But directing it more toward Roxy. I turned and ran for the door. If she hadn't figured it out by that point, she wasn't as intelligent as everybody in my life was telling me she was.

“Please don't go Goddess.”

I turned at her voice. She was still naked as could be. You can do this I told myself.”Don't come any nearer to me. So that's why you didn't need to get off. You had Mike waiting in the wings.”

“But you're the one I love Goddess.”

“No you don't. You love Roxy and Roxy alone. As long as she's getting what she wants, you don't give a shit about what the rest of the world wants. I can't believe I was so stupid as to believe you actually wanted me for more than what I could do for you in the bedroom. Hell, you really don't even know what I'm capable of in there. You never gave me the chance to show you!”

“You don't know what you're saying beautiful. You can't believe I planned that do you?”

“I may be a little naïve Roxy but he was just waiting for you to finish me off so he could stick his dick in you. I wouldn't be surprised if you left the goddamn door open so he could watch us.”

She smirked.

“Oh God! They were all right about you! You need serious help. Don't ever fucking come near me again! Don't call me.... just DON'T!” I grabbed the door handle behind me and turned it.

I was just about out the door when she mused,” I wonder what your precious Donnie would think about his princess watching me get my brains fucked out or that she fucked me before she did.”

I turned around and walked over to her and whacked her across the cheek. She was low but I didn't think she was that low.”You have no right to mock something you'll never understand the meaning of.”

“You're right. I won't because I won't subject myself to it. True love only exists in fairytales darling.”

“Then you never were in love with me if that's true.”

“Maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't but you'll never know.”

“Because I know where the real deal is and if I haven't already fucked it up enough, he'll understand. Love is about give and take. You just take from people. That's all you've done. That's all you'll ever do so go ahead and tell him if it makes you feel better but he won't give up on me. That I do know.” This time I walked away. He hadn't abandoned me yet. I could at least walk away from her confident in that knowledge. He loved me. I wasn't confused anymore. The only thing I'd ever felt for her was a physical attraction. Sure I found women attractive but I didn't want to play with them anymore. At least when a man screwed around on you, you knew it. Us ladies were different stories. We're conniving and sneaky when we want to be. I hailed a cab and gave the driver the address. I wanted to be with him but I think we both needed a couple more days to let everything sink in.




DONNIE


I looked at the clock on the wall. Three straight up. This time last week WE were doing our usual Sunday afternoon in front of the TV. Well not usual but we were still together. Now I wasn't sure where things were. I know I didn't want her gone but she'd made a choice that I couldn't understand. Wasn't sure I wanted to. There were things going on in my head I wasn't sure I wanted to comprehend. Why did I feel the need to be a part of what Roxy was giving her? I was supposed to want that fantasy. According to society I was but Meg wasn't that kind of girl and just because I had the opportunity didn't mean I was going to follow through on it. Lumpy stirred and I rubbed his stomach. The lug was stretched out alongside the front of the couch. If life were only as easy as that.


Jon had left just before noon and I was surprised I hadn't taken something and slammed it against a wall since that time. I knew she was with Sharon. I'd opened the door for her last night. Didn't pay much attention to her and she didn't look at me like I was a disease so I knew that Meg had told her the whole story. Sharon had threatened to do harm to my man parts if she heard I was so much as looking at another woman. Ironic that Meg was the one looking at other women. Since the day I met her, some part of me knew that we would end up together. I knew because the first time we kissed, I was practically speechless. Wow. That's all I could get out before walking away from her. I vowed that if I was ever so lucky to find her again, that I'd never let her go but here I was, pushing her out of my life. What was I supposed to do? I was hurt, angry...you name it, I'd pretty much felt it over the last eighteen hours and twenty four minutes. I hadn't started counting the seconds but she meant that much to me that I would have. I heard my cell phone go off . Picking it up, I looked at the number. It was the 'office'. They'd changed my call time for an hour earlier the next morning. After hanging up with them, I picked it up and dialed Sharon's number. I knew we needed the distance but I needed to know she was okay.

“Hey,” she greeted.”Something I can do for you?”

“How is she?”

“You kicked her out. You tell me.”

“I thought we were cool.”

“We are but I also know that she's so mixed up now she doesn't know if she's coming or going. She needed your understanding, not a good swift kick in the ass out the door.”

“Then I take it she's not with you.”

“No. She decided she was going to confront Roxy this morning. I haven't seen her since.”

I knew I shouldn't have been angry about that but I was. I knew she was going to have to confront Roxy eventually. I just hoped she'd never have to look the bitch in the face again. I didn't know what to say.

“If it's any consolation Donnie, I know she's not confused about the way she feels about you. We all know she was a late bloomer right? Easy to see how this could mess with her head.”

“I didn't know I was the first guy she ever kissed in her life until Jon told me last night and as for 'this mess', that's not what's messing with her head. You and I both know that.”

“I know but we also know Meg tends to want to find the good in people. I just hope Roxy does something so sick to open her eyes to reveal her true colors.”

“You and me both. But as for how she's doing?” I returned to the initial question.

“She just walked in. I'll get back to you on that.” And hung up.

That couldn't be good. Fuck! I just wanted my life back. The one that included her.
Chapter 13 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Tuesday.... you know what that means :) Enjoy!

MEG


Sharon took one look at me and knew I'd been through hell and back. I knew she was on the phone when I came in. I just wasn't aware of the other party's person.”Who was that?”

“Donnie.”

The floodgates literally opened. I didn't deserve such a giving and caring man. If he only knew what I'd done to him. To myself. Sharon was at my side almost immediately; her arm wrapping around my shoulder. She walked me to the couch as I was so blinded by the endless stream of tears. She sat with me for I don't know how long. I must have cried myself to sleep though because the next thing I
know, I opened my eyes with a throbbing headache.

Sharon was quietly watching television when she heard me groan. She must have anticipated the pain because she had Tylenol and a bottled water ready to go.”How you feeling?”

“Ugh... like crap.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“I'd rather not.” Taking the tiny white pill and chasing it with the water.

“Was it really that bad?”

“She's so sick Share. So depraved I don't even know where to begin.”

“Did you?” Sharon raised her brow knowingly.

I knew she was asking if I'd done the deed with Roxy.”Yeah.” How to tell this story? Sharon IS your best friend. She may not understand it but she is there for you.” Well she went to get some water and she'd been gone quite awhile afterward so I decided to get up and pull myself together. I had to put an end to it. I am so so frickin glad I was dressed because I walked in on her and her roommate going at it in the kitchen. She so much as admitted she let him watch her get me off. He'd even alluded to the fact of wanting to …..” I couldn't even say the words without it making me wretch. I ran to the kitchen sink and let loose what was left in my stomach. After rinsing my mouth, I looked up to find Sharon there for me yet again. I buried my head in her shoulders; sobbing.”She's gonna dig my grave Share. I'm gonna lose him.”

“Only if you let her do it Meg.”Loosening her comforting hold and looking me in the eye.”I know you see the good in people Meg but if you don't make it crystal clear, she's going to come after your man. Whether she wants him or not. She'll do it just to spite you.”

“I know but I don't know how to be as cold as she is.”

“You don't have to be. You just have to make sure she knows you're not backing down.”

“So how do I do that?”

“First of all, you're going to take a personal day from work. Then you need to get your man back ASAP. The longer you let this stew, the more chance she has to get into HIS pants.”

“I can't take a day off just because.”

“Listen lady, why do you think they call them personal days? Sometimes you need a little you time. And last time you took any of that was six months ago. Everybody else takes theirs. Just take a day, maybe two if you feel you need it.”

“What do I do?”

“Clear your head. Do a little retail therapy then go home to that gem of a man you have and explain to him why you did what you did. That's all he wants. And you to never leave again.”

“Are you sure?” I wasn't sure he would being as I'd pretty much taken and ripped his heart out. We hadn't even got to the 'til death do us part' and I was so sure that it was going to happen to us. I had my dress picked out and everything. Now I thought I could just kiss that dream goodbye.

“He called to check on you. That doesn't sound like a guy that wants to give up on you now does it?”

“No.”

“Then get yourself straight, go home, talk, then jump him like you did when you got him back in your life.”

“I didn't jump him.”

“According to him you did.” Sharon laughed.

“Fine. Maybe I did.”

“It's okay Meg. You both had a a lot of pent up emotions. And to think, you had the hots for Jordan.”

“Lord! What was I thinking?”

“Damned if I know. Are you gonna be okay now?”

“I think I am. Thanks for being there for me Share. You're the best lady.”

“I know.” She teased but it was the truth. She was one of those friends that I would have never made it through life without.


DONNIE


I looked over to her side of the bed and there laid man's best friend. Lumpy' legs were stretched as his stomach faced the ceiling and as much as I loved him, I wanted Meg back there. I missed the soft curve of her body taunting me from beneath the sheet when I woke up every morning. Hell, I just missed being close to her. The nights we spent talking ourselves to sleep about nothing in particular or everything in the world. Then there was the first time we were in a bed together period. Even then it never felt wrong. We'd just wrapped up our appearance on the Today show.


~FLASHBACK~


She was talking to Jon when I slipped up behind her.”Can we go somewhere and
talk?” I whispered in her ear.

I don't know. Jon and I were planning on doing lunch.” She was toying with
me. I knew she wanted to be alone with me as much as I did her.

So instead of letting her make any further decisions, I took her hand and informed Jon that she would be joining me for lunch. He didn't seem too concerned. Or surprised.

I really did just want to talk to her but once we were alone in that room, everything changed. And she was the first to make the move. Shocked the hell out of me at the time but we had grown up. Just a little.

She sat on the bed; legs crossed. She dangled her shoe of f her foot. “There are plenty of chairs in
this room.”

“I know .”She continued to dangle that shoe and lost the other one.


I hadn't really filed for divorce at that point but Kim and I weren't living in the same place either. We had separated. It was just a matter of time. Maybe it was wrong but I needed to be with Meg. Not ever knowing that overpowering feeling of knowing her touch ever again was what drove me. I leaned over her and kissed her just like we had so many years ago.

“Wow.”

There was that word again. She let the other shoe drop to the floor and moved back onto the bed; further and further until her head reached the pile of pillows. I followed and came over her. The anticipation had consumed us. All those years built up. Our lips met feverishly and before we knew it, we were tangled up like a couple of kids necking in front of the TV on a Saturday night. I pulled her over onto me.

“Should we really be doing this?”She breathed as her mouth left mine to suckle that one part of my neck she didn't even know drove me crazy at that point.

“I'm separated. Oh God!” I moaned. I slid my hands down over the plush curve of her hips. She'd never been my type but our connection was unreal. Then we were interrupted. I could have killed Jordan. He knew she was with me. It was that teenage jealously coming back to haunt us. She rose; her body still straddling mine as she peeled through the buttons of her short sleeved sweater. Her eyes never left mine as she pulled the second layer of a camisole over her head. She was getting annoyed. She wanted this. Hell! We both wanted this. The evidenced was there and Jordan wasn't letting up. She was trying her damnedest to gain my attention too. Finally, she grabbed the phone and tossed it away. Would serve the little prick right to have to listen to me getting the best
I'd ever got in my life. I sat up beneath her and wrapped my arms around her; whispering in her ear,”You are so beautiful.”

“Donnie.”She blushed.

“I've been waiting nearly twenty years to be with you Meg. I don't plan to waste a single minute of it.” Moving my lips to hers. There was hunger no doubt but it didn't feel like it. I detached the metal hooks and my hand slid upward; pushing the strap away as my lips brushed against her shoulder. Each one. I eased back onto the bed with her.

Her eyes met mine as I brushed the long blond curls away from her face. “Iwant to feel every part of you.”Our lips meeting yet again. I wanted to feel her skin against mine too. Holding her, I turned us back against the bed. Pulling my T-shirt off, I came back down over her. She'd taken the opportunity to toss her bra. I got a little nervous at that point. I mean we were consenting adults but I felt like that teenage boy that didn't know what to do once he'd won the prize. Her fingertips slid over my arms as I hovered there just taking her in.

“Donnie. Please make love to me.” She made it sound so easy.

It became that easy from then on. I don't think I left an inch of her body untouched by my lips. Wrapping my lips around her nipple; savoring the sound she made when I lightly tugged at the tight little nub. Her fingers tangling in my hair as I moved further down. She squirmed a little as my lips feathered over her stomach.”Ticklish?” I grinned. I'd apparently found a weak spot as she'd nodded her response. She'd worn a short jeans skirt that day so it made my life all that much easier. She lifted her hips and I slid it up over her legs. I ran my hand back down over the length of her legs; parting them as I came back down between them. I wanted to just take her right then and there but I didn't feel it would be right.

“Donnie.” Her voice came from above me.

“Yes?” I looked up.

“Just take me. I can't stand this anymore.”

“Are you sure?”

She nodded and I came up; her body still very much open to me. I felt her reach
down to assist me. I needed to be with her. No doubt. Once we managed to rid
me of my jeans and boxers. Just enough to get us there anyway; we finally
became one. I slowly moved inside her; just content to be there. The urgency
to have that part of each other had been filled. We could take our time now.
Slowly, I loved her. I leaned into kiss her as her legs wrapped around me.

Oh God....Yes!...Yes!...YES!”She cried as my body pushed deep into her.”Oh God!....That's..... I'm....I'm.....

“Fuck!” That was the last straw for us both. I'd never felt anything like it in my life. Never wanted to feel it with anybody but her ever again. The sweat of our bodies sealing us together. Her fingertips tips glided gently over my back as we just forgot the rest of the world existed that afternoon.


~END FLASHBACK~


I just wanted to hold her like that again. Know that she was still that much in love with me to forget the real world for a day. Roxy had changed that for me. Showed Meg a whole new world. A world she would have never even considered. Okay, I knew now she would have considered it but beyond that, that's all it would have ever been. I looked at the clock. Shit! I had to stop reminiscing and get my ass to the set.


We were shooting a street scene and I was taking a break; talking to the fans that had shown up at the location. Still amazed me that they could find this stuff out before I did sometimes. I was just finishing up with a polite young woman from the midwest when I heard that voice. That voice that was making my life a living hell.

“Got a minute Donnie?”

I couldn't ignore her because of the situation and she knew it.” What can I do for you?” I responded politely.

“I think it's actually what I can do for you.”She smirked.

Why? Why me?”Now is not the time Roxy.”

“I think now is the perfect time. Someplace we can go and talk?”

“Here is just fine.”

“Um, for what I'm about to tell you, I don't think you'll want it publicized.”

Fuck! I reluctantly escorted to the makeup trailer. This was not going to end well.
Chapter 14 by Simple Sue
Even though she didn't deserve to be treated like a lady, I opened the door and allowed her to enter first. Besides, If my Mom found out I wasn't respecting ALL walks of women, she'd smack me upside the head. But that wasn't my biggest problem right now. I asked the crew for some privacy and told them I would explain later.

“Gee Don, I feel special,”She stated sarcastically.

“Look, I've given you more courtesy than I care to so say what you need to then leave me the hell alone.” I growled as I leaned against the makeup counter.

“Careful there. I might start to think you actually like me.”

“What do you want Roxy?!”

“Your girlfriend.”

“What's wrong? Losing your grip on her?”I tried not to sound too pleased about it but at the same time, I knew that meant Meg was coming to her senses. It had been three days since I'd had her leave and two days since I heard anything from Sharon. She told me she would call back but never did. Roxy's need for Meg only proved that she'd done something to drive Meg away.

“Quite the opposite there handsome.”She rose from the chair and slithered up between my legs. And as much as she repulsed me, she fascinated me as well. I could see how Meg could be taken in. Fortunately, I was stronger than Meg in the sense that I could walk away from Roxy the same way she could walk away from my princess.

“What are you talking about?”

“Let's just say your little princess is still harboring some tendencies towards us ladies. Although.”Sliding her hand down to my package.

Oh! There it was. That same physical reaction I had the first time I caught them together. Maybe I really did want to have the both of them in my bed. Just to get it out of my system. But No! I was already sharing her as it was. Why would I want to bring Roxy into our bed again?

Her eyes had diverted down then rose back to mine; sliding her tongue over her lip seductively.” I can see why she wants to keep you all to herself. I wouldn't want to share you either.”

Her words spoke volumes as the rise in my dress slacks was a testament to.”Then maybe you should just leave us alone.”

“Too late. I'm already hooked.” Pausing for dramatic effect. “On both of you.”

“Why are we so fascinating?” I managed. It was literally getting harder to concentrate on what I should be doing instead of what was actually happening.

“Because for the first time in my life, I've found a couple that is just flat out fucking hot together and apart. It's a shame you won't consider my offer to be with her and I. I think it would be fucking amazing. You can't tell me you haven't thought about it. And don't lie because your dick certainly isn't.”

I couldn't deny that I'd had the thought. And to tell her I'd even fantasized about her while having sex with my own girlfriend would only empower her. There were even the dreams! Shit! She was reeling me in and like that goddam fish on the hook, I was fighting for my life before I was completely dragged on shore.”Just leave us alone Rox. I love her.”

“So do I. We could love her together.”

For once she had a valid point but I didn't believe she really loved Meg. She just loved Meg for the time being. I had been in love with her since the day I met her. It just took me a few years to realize it. I wasn't about to lose her to little miss 'I get everything I want'. She wasn't going to have Meg. Well not anymore and she sure as hell wasn't going to have me! The trailer shifted but Roxy had me in a position that made me look like I was guilty. The director's go-fer had walked in on us and hooded his eyes with his hand; apologizing profusely. Thank God for him! I was seriously considering doing something I never dreamed I would ever do to Meg. I told him it was okay and he informed me that I had another visitor and left. Sharon stepped in and fuck if Roxy didn't use it to her advantage.

“Think about it.”She grinned deviantly and slid her hand over my crotch. She took her purse and left but not before giving me one last once over.

Fuck! I felt like I'd been caught with my pants down the way Sharon was glaring at me; arms folded over her chest. I don't think Roxy even told me what her true purpose was for interrupting my work day. I turned away but I could still see that 'how dare you do this to my friend' look in her eyes.

“What the fuck was that Donnie?!”

“I don't know.”

“Well your pants sure do. I can't believe she got to you too!”

“Goddamit Share! Don't you think I know that?! I hate myself.” Carrying on the conversation through the reflection of the mirror that lined the length of the counter.

“First Meg. Now you. Does she have a golden pussy or something? Seriously! The woman is only out for herself.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back up. What was that about Meg?” I turned to face her. The situation in my pants had deflated finally.

Sharon went from being the attack best friend to a deer in the headlights. She revealed something she shouldn't have.

“Nothing.”

“No. You said something about Meg.”

“I think it's something she should be telling you.”

“Then why won't she talk to me.”

“Because.....no, this is between you and her. I've had enough. I love you both but you have to work this out. The only way you're gonna get Roxy out of your life for good is to stand together against her.”

“So she's ready to talk?”

“I don't care if she is or not....

“You're up.” A voice came through the door for me; interrupting us.

“Thanks. I'll be right there.”Turning back to Sharon.”Just tell me one thing.”

“What?”

“I'll tell her about Roxy okay?”

“You see me arguing?” Sharon raised her brow.

“I should know better.”

“Yes you should but I just want to let you know that I think you two are the best thing in the world for each other and if you don't work it out, I will be serving your privates up on a silver platter.”

I chuckled and nodded. I was never afraid of Sharon but I also knew she was very protective of Meg. I was glad Meg had a friend that would actually be there for her when she needed someone.”I've gotta get back to work.”

“Me too. Just stop by when you're done.”

“I miss her.”

“She misses you,”Sharon said and stepped out of the trailer before me.

That was all I needed to hear. We had to get this straight. I couldn't stand another minute without her in my life.
Chapter 15 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



First off, thank you for all the support that you've given. I wasn't sure what the response would be when I followed in Tri's footsteps but again, I'd like to thank her for inspiring me to take the giant leap as well. Enjoy!


MEG


I was sitting on the couch curled up with a hot cup of tea and one of my favorite movies on TV, Pretty Woman. Leave it to a a hooker to have one of the best lines I ever thought there was, 'I want the fairytale'. I was forty three years old and I still wanted the fairytale. Who said I couldn't have it? Even Prince Charming could fall off his horse. Why couldn't his princess have a moment of weakness? Oh yeah, because she was supposed to look pretty and stay quiet. I was tired of being quiet. And any modern day Cinderella could still be beautiful and have a voice. Then again, a few of them actually overcame the odds and came out on top. Why couldn't I? Because I was the one that caused the turmoil in my relationship. Not that I ever intended to. And in a perfect world, I never would have.

“Pretty Woman. Really?” Sharon said as she put her remaining earring in while looking at the TV screen.

“Don't judge. You have your movies, I have mine.”

“So what's going on with you tonight?”

“I have a date.”

“A date?”I hit the mute button. I could quote the movie word for word. Not like I'd miss anything.

“Yeah. Some of us still do that. Actually, Lisa talked me into doing that speed dating thing.”

“I see.”

“Meg, I'm trying really hard here to not be the meddling friend but it's getting harder. I thought you needed the space but you need Donnie. You two just work. For whatever reasons, you've always been meant for each other. He is YOUR fairytale.”Referring to the line in the movie.” I love you lady. This is why I'm saying this. You need to go home and face the music. You can't lean on me forever.”

“Why not?” I pouted; knowing full well she was right. The doorbell rang and I looked over at her inquisitively. “Expecting someone?”

She shook her head. “Everybody I know, knows I have plans tonight.”

It rang again.”Would you like me to get that?”

“I'll get it. Remember what I said.”

“I'll take it under advisement.” But she was right. I needed to get my ass home and get my man before that slut ex fried, girlfriend, whatever she was got to him.

“Uh Meg. Somebody here to see you.”

I sat up and turned at her voice. It was him. My heart leaped then sank. Then I thought to be mad at my friend. Then I thought better of it. I was a twisted mess. I knew Sharon meant well and maybe I should thank her for being the meddling friend she was because Lord knows I wasn't doing anything to speed up the process.

“Hey,”he said.

“Hi,” I replied just as somberly. I hit the off button on the remote and said.”Let's talk.” I needed to be the one to say it. I was the reason for everything that had happened. I needed to be the one to correct the problem.

He sat down tentatively on the couch near me. I never thought anything could distance us so much.
“So...”

“So you want to know everything from the beginning or just since Saturday?”

“I think it's better if you explain to me what it is that made you do it in the first place.”

I took a sip of tea. Took a deep breath. I wanted to avoid having to tell him some part of all this really made me question the way I felt about same sex relationships yet at the same time my heart told me it was wrong. I guess I knew where I had to start.”So the reason I kissed Roxy and started all this shit?”

He nodded.

“Well after thinking about it and something Jon said after he caught us, I think it was a midlife crisis. Of sorts. That doesn't make it right I know.”

“So how is being with a woman different than being with me Meg? I really want to know.”

“Other than the physical, nothing. Women are more in tune with another woman's needs. It's as simple as a caress.”

“So you don't like the way I do that anymore?!”

I hated when he got angry but he had every right to be so. I edged closer to him and took his hand. His eyes moved back up to meet mine.”Nobody could ever touch me the way you do. Ever. The way you touch me.......it comes from love. There never was. Never has been but it took an eye opening afternoon with her to make me realize it.” I didn't want to have to tell him but until I'd started this whole game with Roxy, I never had lied to him. If we were really going to make it, I needed to tell him the truth. He was still listening. Still touching me. I continued when he nodded.”I foolishly went over there to tell her it was over and ended up in bed with her. Donnie, she played me. She's sick. She let her roommate watch while...” I couldn't even say the words and I didn't want him to witness how ill it made me.”And I ony found it out after I caught her in the kitchen getting her brains fucked out by him. Even he wanted to....” I couldn't go on without losing my lunch. I just left him there and ran for the sink. But he wasn't far behind. After rinsing my mouth, I looked up to find him standing there. Something told me he understood this.

“She played us both Meg.”

Hello?! This was new.

“She came by the set today. I guess she was going to tell me that you were so into girls that you were going to leave me for her. Instead, she sucked me in by proposing that menage a yet again. She had me so jacked up, I was considering doing something I never thought of EVER doing to you. That's when Sharon showed up.”

“Oh.” I had no right to play the victim but it felt like it. If I'd have been more well versed in the games of love, I would have known that my so called best friend was playing us against one another but he was the one that had to point it out to me. She wanted us both.

“Tell me something Meg.”

“What?”

“ I mean I get that it repulsed you to even think about that guy.... I am assuming it was a guy, if the situation was different....”

He was lost for words but I was catching onto it.”You mean if I hadn't explored that need for women?”

“Yeah.”

“He's got the right equipment but he's just as sick as she is. I wouldn't have let him touch me with a ten foot pole. You're the only man I want. The only one I've ever wanted.”

“And you're the only I've ever wanted. We were stupid once when were young.”

“But I screwed this up.”

“I'm aware of it but I can't stand the thought of not waking up next you everyday, hearing you laugh at one of my stupid jokes, sharing a glass of wine with you in a tub full of vanilla scented bubbles late Saturday night. Most of all I'd just miss having the one person there that makes everything right at the end of a bad day. I need you Meg. I miss you.”

“Even after everything I've put you through?”

“In case you weren't just listening, I'm not completely innocent.”

“But you didn't-”

“But I thought about it and not just once,”he admitted when he interrupted me.

“You know she's never going to leave us alone Donnie.”


“What makes you think that?”

“She doesn't stop until she gets what she wants

“And she wants you,”he said; finishing my sentence. “That won't happen.”

“And how are you so sure?”

“Because WE can beat her at her own game.”

“Together. Sure. But what if you're not with me?” He was the strength in our relationship. Not that I couldn't do it, I just felt more secure when he was standing beside me. I really wanted to go home with him.

“I'm always with you. We can do this,”he reassured me.

He was right. WE could do this. We WERE going to do this. I took his hand and the other curved against his cheek.”Then let's do this”

His lips met met mine and it was like nothing had every happened. We really could make this happen.

When we separated, I smiled. It was the first time in three days that I had.”Let's go home.”
Chapter 16 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



A chapter for the weekend. Hopefully I'll have more on Tuesday. Have a good one and enjoy!


DONNIE


“It's about damn time!”We heard Sharon call from the living room. The world had become nonexistent for those few minutes we were trying to figure out how to solve the Roxy issue.

We both laughed and Meg looked at me.”I'll go get my stuff together, then we can go.”

“Sounds good.”

“Should only take a few minutes. I'll be back before you know it.”Kissing me before she headed for the room she'd been staying in.

All was right in the world again .Except for Roxy. We could deal with that though. We made it this far.

“You know she's right about Roxy.”Sharon commented after Meg was out of earshot.

“I know. But I also know that Roxy's not going to win this battle.”

“You sure about that Donnie because she had you pretty revved up earlier.”

“I've gone out of mind since this whole mess started. Thinking things I shouldn't be thinking. I love Meg.”

“But you're also a man. It's okay to have the thoughts. What you do with them is another thing.”

I lowered my voice and told her,” I actually thought about doing Roxy while she was....” I didn't want to go there ever again but there I was pouring my thoughts out to Sharon. Sharon was the only woman in the world I could be so frank with. “I'm a guy. I'm supposed to think that it's the shit that I could have what only half the men in the world actually get to do right?”

“No. That would make you just a guy. You're not just a guy. You never have been and honestly, I don't think Meg would willingly share you with anybody. Not even before she realized how sick and twisted her so called best friend really was.”

“True.”

“Let's face it. The only reason Meg has been so confused is because of her own parents. They almost split up over the same thing. Well not the same thing but her Mother came close to leaving her Dad for another man. She was only fourteen at the time.”

I leaned against the counter. We'd always been honest but with each other but now I was beginning to understand why she was so afraid she was going to lose me. Maybe that's why she never told me about that. I'd met them once but they seemed so together. So perfect. So ideal that that's where she formed her morality. Maybe even swore to herself that she would never hurt the man she intended to spend the rest of her life with? Another thing we needed to discuss. We'd been living under the same roof for three years now. Wasn't it about time to make it legal? Maybe I was the one holding back there. A little resistant to the idea of tying myself down but I shouldn't have been. Meg was the only woman I ever wanted to spend my life with. I knew that the minute I kissed her but I was too stupid at nineteen to realize that she was everything I would ever need to make me happy in life. She finished college and Kim came into my life. Not a mistake but Meg and I were together now.


“You mean she never told you?”

I shook my head negatively.

“Damn. I'm sorry. You guy share everything. I just assumed.....well, I guess that's the key word there.”

“It's okay Share. She is allowed to keep some things to herself.”

“But that's a big one.”

“Yeah but it's not a deal breaker. Just something we need to talk about is all.”

“So would you ever go through with it if she did say yes?” Returning to the subject of the suggested threesome.

“No. Because you're right. I'm not just any guy. I don't treat women that way.”

“I should have snatched you when I had the chance.”

“You never had a chance,”Meg commented as she reappeared in the kitchen.

“You're right but it would have been a lot of fun trying.”

“Funny.”

“So you ready to go beautiful?”I slipped my arm around her waist. It never felt more right than it did at that moment. We were going to make it.

“You better believe I am.”

“Ugh. You two are just sickening.”Sharon rolled her eyes as Meg kissed me like it was her last breath.

“I'll talk to you later and thanks,”Meg said as she gave her friend a hug.

“Let me take that.”I took the bag from her shoulder and we took off. She was coming home. Finally. I could sleep.


MEG


The door opened and he flipped the light switch on. Lumpy greeted me like I was his long lost friend. Donnie sat my bag on the floor and watched as I played with him. Same thing happened when Donnie brought me to his place for the first time. He'd fully intended on getting some that night but I fell in love with Lumpy immediately. He was my baby now too. I missed him just as much as I had missed Donnie. But the love factor was different. Lumpy kept me company when Donnie had those night shoots. I was so happy when he got the part but in all my excitement for him, I forgot that his schedule could keep him away from me too. After all, I wasn't just going to give up working. And he never expected it either. We had our weekends but even then we didn't get a lot of time. I looked up and saw Donnie smiling down at the pair of us. I was doing it again. Donnie was my man and here the dog was getting more attention. I returned his smile. I got up and slid my arms around his middle.” I missed you.”

“ Lord did I miss you.” His lips met mine. The way he made me tingle with just his kisses, I knew the whole girl thing was what it was. My midlife crisis. That kiss deepened and soon we were tugging at clothing. Lumpy pawed at Donnie's leg. He felt left out. Poor dog but I missed my man. Missed him making love to ME.”I think you're gonna have to fight him for your side of the bed.”Donnie informed me.

I looked down at him and he was giving me the face.”Unh uh. Daddy's all mine tonight. Sorry boy.”

“I'll take care of him and I'll be right in.”

I kissed him breathless and whispered in his ear,”I'll be the one wearing......”Leaving it open to suggestion. I turned, grabbed my bag and headed for the bedroom. I'd never seen Donnie get Lumpy set up so quickly. I didn't completely strip but I was down to the bare essentials. I wanted him to have something to unwrap. He stripped down to his boxers and climbed over me and looked into my eyes.

“I love you so much Meg. I'm never letting you get away. Ever, “he professed as he looked into my eyes. Softly kissing me; gradually turning the intensity up.

I loved the feel of his body but it felt like there was something missing between us. He tripped the front closure of my bra and pushed the material away. It was almost like we were trying too hard to get back to that happy place in our lives. That place where we were still in love. I felt his hand skim over my flesh and he pulled away. I knew it. That wedge was still there but I had to hear it from his lips.

He turned to meet my gaze; both of us lying flat on our backs. His fingers linked with mine.” I want to do this Meg. I really do but I can't. I just can't.”

“What is it Donnie?”I leaned up on my shoulder and looked down at him.

“I'm not sure you'll want to hear it.”

I'm pretty sure he was right but we needed to talk. Really talk. Something we hadn't done in ages. For such the fairytale romance, it wasn't turning out to have that happily ever after vibe.
Chapter 17 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



I'm back! It's Tuesday! Enjoy!


He rose and sat on the opposite edge of the bed. About as far away as he could get from me. How had she managed to put this distance between us? He wanted me to come home right? Or did he just want that cushy place to snuggle up with again? He said we could do this. Be strong together but five minutes in bed with me and he was already wanting to fuck her. How did I know? He wasn't touching me the way he touched ME when made love and secondly, he wouldn't face me. Sure I had plenty of remorse for what I'd done but now it was like he was cheating on me with my own body.

“Never mind. I have an early call and I'm beat,”he lied.

“That's not it and you fucking know it!” I lashed out. I was never one to curse much but push the wrong button and you don't want to know me.

He turned his head slowly and and looked at me disbelievingly.” Don't you get mad at me!”

“Oh, you're right. I shouldn't be pissed off that you'd rather be fucking another woman instead of making love to me! The woman in your bed!”

“You're the one that brought her into this damned bed!” He shot back as he stood and faced me.

“And I'm fucking sorry everyday that I did but don't tell me I shouldn't be angry because the man I love is using my body to satisfy his urges for another woman!” I stood there on the opposite side of the bed half naked.

“It's not like you never thought about her when we were. Hell! For all I know, you've been thinking it every time we've made love in the last three months!”

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe he hit so low. I couldn't blame him for it but neither of us had even ventured to mention her name. Without so much as another word, I turned away and headed for the dresser. I was not sharing that bed with him tonight. No way in hell. He hit that trigger. I pulled the dresser drawer open and laying on top of everything was that damned piece of lingerie. I pulled it out and tried to rip it to pieces when I felt his arms come around me. Confining me His voice attempting to soothe my fury.

“I am so sorry baby. I didn't mean what I said.”

“Please get me go!” I cried. He was the victim and here he was trying to make me feel better. I'd let her in. I'd caused this and for some odd reason he thought we could work through this. I wanted to believe that we were going to make it but she just kept deepening the rift between us. He wasn't listening to me as he rocked my body side to side in an effort to settle me down.

“Listen to me,”he replied calmly.” I am so sorry for what I did to you. I can't keep letting her win. WE can't keep letting her win.”

My body was trembling as the material dropped from my hands onto the dresser. I clutched his arms and completely broke down.”Why do you still love me? Why? After everything I've put you through.”

Turning me around to face him, I saw it. This wasn't easy on either of us. She'd manipulated us into believing there was no other way in the world except hers. I mean if she could toy with him and get into his brain, she'd brainwashed me. I needed help. I knew I did but I didn't want to air our dirty laundry to a professional. You never know who's out there to make a quick buck when you share your life with a celebrity. All I had was Sharon. Nearby. I had Jon forever but he was so far away most the time that I didn't want to burden him anymore than I already had.

“Meg, I've been in love with you since the day I met you. I don't know why or how it happened, I just know that if anything happens to separate us again, I'll die. I don't want Roxy to be the end of us. You've gotta believe me baby.”

There it was. One of us finally said her name. The biggest issue in our life. I should have known the day I met her she was trouble but as we've established, I try to find the good in everybody. She never showed me any bad until recently. I never saw the depraved sexual part of her life. She teased me about not being more open to it and I just brushed it off. What she did sexually was her business. Now she'd made it mine.“I do. I just don't understand why you're not more angry with me. I cheated on you.”

“I know but I cheated on you.”

“Only because of me. I've been with you long enough to know that other women turn your head but not to the point of actually committing the act.”



DONNIE


I knew she was carrying a major load of guilt on her shoulders but should I tell her that her so called friend made a pass that had me thinking twice about actually going there? Again, we were going to have to be honest if we were going to beat her at her own game. Through all this, I'd never stopped loving Meg. Ever. Couples fight but not like this and I wanted to get back to that place where we were in love. Where there was no Roxy. Where there would never be another Roxy.. I wanted to put a ring on Meg's finger for crying out loud. Now it was my turn to feel guilty. I'd got her home but just a smidge under false pretenses. I figured once I got her home that we could work through this. Break down the walls that had been built between us. The ones she'd been putting up because of all that guilt.”Meg.”I released my embrace around her and took her hand; leading her to the bed. Once we sat, I continued.” Today Roxy came to visit me on the set.”

“You told me that.”

“What I didn't tell you is that I actually thought about taking her up on her offer not knowing what had happened with you. Is that something you really would have considered?” I didn't want to ask that but I thought it was necessary for us to get past all the sexual stuff. We were so much more than that.

“Seriously?”She wiped away the tears and looked at me like I was out of my mind.

I didn't know what to say. Now I was feeling guilty. I'd turned my head and I felt her hand pull my gaze back to hers.

“I'm not mad, I just thought you knew me better than that.”

“I thought I did too.”She knew what I was talking about.

“I love you and there's no excuse for what I did but we are stronger than her. It's because we have each other. I'm not going to let her bully us. I t took forever for you to come back into my life, she's gonna have to do a hell of a lot more than what she's done to destroy what we've got.”

I knew we were both battling the force of nature called Roxy but with each other to lean on, we were going to make it. I had to believe it.”
Chapter 18 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Sorry for no update yesterday but here we go. I hope this more than makes up for it. Enjoy!


MEG

I took the rest of that week off. It helped a little but not much. I thought we were making some progress but something still felt out of place. It felt like we were an old married couple that didn't know how to get the fire back. We were just going through the motions and doing what we thought was right to get us back to the place in our lives where we couldn't live without each other. Where it killed us to be away from one another for more than five minutes. It felt so long ago and it was only a little over three months that I started putting that distance between us. Yes, I take full responsibility for it and maybe that's why I was still confused. I mean, I knew I was in love with him but there was still a part of me longing for a woman's touch and I had no clue why. I didn't understand it. Wasn't sure I wanted to understand. I figured the best way to get my head straight was to get back to work. Sitting around all day waiting for him to come home wasn't doing me any good and you can only do so much cleaning. Even Lumpy was getting tired of being my couch buddy. I watched Jerry Springer a couple of times and came to the realization that my life had become an episode of his show. One they wouldn't soon forget. The one where they egged the chicks on to kiss. Or fight. Only it wouldn't be a fight between chicks. It would be a battle between a man and a woman for another woman's affection.

I was sitting at my desk the following Wednesday staring at the gorgeous bouquet of roses Donnie had sent me. A little over two dozen assorted red and pink roses with baby's breath throughout it. The red vase it came it was just as beautiful. The card. Incredibly romantic. I still didn't think I deserved it but he was making the effort to show that we were still that couple that everyone in their circle envied.

“A rose for every year I've known you and every year it took to get back to your heart. Love, Donnie. Oh how sweet.”

I heard the sarcastic voice but didn't want to look at her. I thought she was gone. I thought I'd made it clear I wanted nothing to do with her anymore. I pulled my gaze away from the flowers and glared at her.”What are you doing here?”

“I thought we could go to lunch baby.”

“Would you keep it down?” I stood so I was face to face with her.

“What? They don't know?”

“Let's go outside and talk about this.”

“Talk about what? I just came to take my girl to lunch. Grab your purse and we'll go.”

“I'm not going anywhere with you.”

“Why are you so mad at me?”

Unbelievable! Roxy really did live in her own little world. Either she was playing stupid or she really had no idea what she'd done.”I'm not discussing this with you in here.”

“Why not? Don't want anyone to know what a bitch you are.”

I grabbed her arm and pulled her along until she followed me of her own accord. Once we were outside the doors, I let loose.”Did I not make it clear that I don't ever want to fucking see you again?!”

“Yes you did but I really didn't think you were serious angel.”

“Don't! I love Donnie! Not you! Get that through your thick skull!”

“You don't mean that.”

“The hell I don't!”

“Fine. I guess I can tell that reporter how you used me for your own sick pleasure and how you and Donnie begged me to join you in your bed,”she mused.

“Does it really make you feel bigger to manipulate people the way you do?”

“Actually, yes.”

I shook my head.” I feel sorry for you because you'll never know what it's like to have someone love you so much they'd go to the ends of the Earth for you.”

“Oh but I do princess. Many men have gone to the ends of the Earth for me.”

“But they never knew real love.”

“That's why I want you lover. You get me,”she purred and traced a finger lightly over my folded arm.

I shivered. I guess I was still confused about what I felt.”Please don't do this to me. He means the world to me Roxy.”

“And you mean the world to me. You can have us both y'know.”

“But I don't want you both.”

“Then what do you want sweetums?”

Good question. Now I wasn't so sure as she wiggled up against me.”I want you to leave me alone,”I blurted out; tears threatening the corners of my eyes.

“Goddess please don't cry. I just want you to be happy.”

There was part of me that wanted to believe that but I still couldn't forget what she'd done to me.
“Get the hell out of here and don't ever come near me again.” I burst into tears. I couldn't keep doing this to him. Or myself. And I didn't know exactly what to do to make it better.

“Take your time baby. I'll be around.”

“Leave me the fuck alone!” I bellowed.”What part of that don't you get?!”

“If that's what you really want,”she replied calmly. Just like before. Like she'd done nothing wrong.

And really, she hadn't. I was the one that cheated. She knew it. He knew it but I was the one living with the guilt of breaking the heart of a man that waited a lifetime to share his life with me. I couldn't keep doing this to him. I don't know how long it had been but I heard a voice. Oh great! I was having a nervous breakdown at work. Luckily it was only Sharon. She was just coming back from lunch.

“What's going on Meg?”

Pushing away the tears, I looked at her.”I'm so confused Share.”

“What do you mean?”

“Roxy showed up here while you were gone.”

“Oh.”

“Share, I don't know what to do. I can't keep doing this to him. He loves me so much and I've put him through hell.”

“He knows what you're going through Meg. He's really trying.”

“That's just it though Share. I should be kissing his ass.”

“What you should be doing is working on this together. You can't let her win.”

“But she has Sharon. I love him but I can't. I just can't.”

“What are you thinking of doing Meg?”

“I think I need some space.”

“You really think that's a good idea?”

“I don't know what else to do. If he loves me like he says he does and that he would wait forever for me then he'll still be here when I get back right?”

“I can't stop you from doing it but I'm going to ask you this one thing. Will you come back?”

“Yes.”

“Then you do what you gotta do. I'll take care of him for you.”
And like that, I'd made my decision.





DONNIE


I had a night shoot that evening and by the time I arrived home I knew she'd be sleeping. I sat my keys quietly on the table by the door and made my way to our room. I wasn't going to wake her but I had a feeling after the flowers I'd sent her, she'd be more than happy to see me. I knew things were still strained but I was feeling good about what we were working toward. I knew it was going to take awhile to get back to that teenage romantic state that our friends were jealous of. They always told us we had the perfect relationship. I always thought we did but they were only outsiders. From the inside, we were far from it. Maybe that's why things were the way they were. Maybe we were trying so hard to convince the world that we had what everybody dreamed of when really we were just like everybody else and had real issues to deal with. Boy did we have issues but we were starting to work through them. At least I thought we were. I took my shoes off and gently pushed the door to our room open. When I saw that the bedside lamp wasn't softly illuminating my side of the bed, I knew something was up. I called out for her. No answer. I looked in the bathroom. Nothing.

Not really knowing why I thought to do it but I looked in the closet to see a good portion of her clothes gone. I got a sinking feeling in my gut. I didn't want to think that she would actually leave me but I knew that wasn't the case as I returned to the living room. Everything that was her in this place was still there. What the hell was going on?! I frantically searched for any sign that said she really hadn't left. I had to know where she was. I pulled my cell out and dialed her number. It went straight to her voicemail. I left her a message to call me as soon as she got it but I need some sort of answer now. I knew it was late but I dialed Sharon's number.

“Hello?” she sleepily replied.

“Share. It's Donnie. I know it's late but you wouldn't happen to know where Meg is would you?”

I could hear the hesitation on her end. She knew something.

“Sharon. Please. Tell me.”

Her voice cleared and she said,”Roxy happened.”

I felt like the wind just got knocked out of me. What the hell? I thought we were working past her.

“It's not what you think.”

“Then tell me.”

“She said she needed some space.”

And that's when I noticed the key on the counter. She was really gone. Where was she?

“Donnie? Donnie?” Sharon's voice drew me back.

“She's gone. She's really gone.” I couldn't think straight. Didn't know what to think. Why?

“I know.”

“Do you know where she went?”

“She wouldn't even tell me.”

“She's my life Share. What am I gonna do?”

“I don't know.”

I wanted somebody to tell me it was going to be okay but even she couldn't assure me that my life as I knew it would ever be the same.
Chapter 19 by Simple Sue
MEG


I looked down at my cell phone to see the long list of voice mails from Donnie. I'd been gone a little over a week. I disappeared into the recesses of small town America. Somewhere they wouldn't think to look for me. Kansas. I really needed to be away from anything and everything that was my life. I should have got rid of the phone but Sharon made me promise that I would check in with her at least once a week. Just so she knew that I was still living and breathing. Maybe I should get a new phone. Yeah. That's what I was going to do. I had relatives in Kansas City. I could visit them for a couple of days before I returned to the small town of Iola that my parents grew up in. It wasn't a small, small town but it wasn't big enough to be know like a Chicago or New Orleans.


I walked into the Verizon store in Kansas City and was greeted by the salesperson.”Can I help you with anything today?”

“Actually yes. I have a plan but I want to change my number and possibly get a new phone.”

“Bad breakup?” The girl asked.

I just had to get a woman but I replied simply,”Something like that.”

“Okay. Let's see what you've got here and we'll see what we can do for you.” She didn't push which I was grateful for. So an hour later, I had a new model with all my info transferred to it.

I dialed Sharon's number and waited for her to answer. I knew she wasn't going to answer right away but I was happy when she answered after three rings.

“Hello?”

“Hey Share. It's me. Meg.”

“Hey girl! It's so good to hear your voice. How are you doing?”

“I'm doing. How are you?”

“I'm good. I”m just glad you're okay.”

“I told you I'd call.”

“Yeah but from a new phone?”

“I need to clear everything that keeps me connected there Share.”

“Including me?”

“No. I need you.”

“He's going crazy you know.”

“Share. Please.”

“Okay but I don't know how you're doing it.”

“Not very well but there are just some things I need to deal with before he can be a part of my life again. I just pray that he'll wait for me.”

“You know he will Meg. Can I at least tell him I heard from you?”

“Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna go. My cousin just got home. I'll call you next week. Promise.”

“Come back soon Meg.”


DONNIE


It had been a little over two weeks since she'd gone. She'd completely disconnected herself from me. The only thing that kept my hope alive was that she was still keeping in touch with Sharon. At least I knew she was okay. Where she was or what she was doing, I had no clue. Even Sharon was clueless as to her location.

I missed her. Horribly. They say people can die from broken hearts. An actual medical fact. I know it sounds crazy but if animals can, why can't we? We deal more with emotions than they do. Who knows? Maybe we just think we do. I was so tempted just to leave our place and stay somewhere else but her things still remaining reminded me that she wasn't gone for good. I just couldn't sleep in our bed anymore. I'd resorted to sleeping on the couch despite the fact that we had a spare room. You know how you get certain routines in your life that it just doesn't feel right if a part of it is missing? That was it in a nutshell. I threw myself into the job full force. Don't get me wrong. I love what I do but without her to share my day, it feels like work. It is an effort just to get out of bed every day and get myself there.

I couldn't talk to any of the guys about this because they'd think I was nuts for giving up the one thing they all constantly fantasize about. I had that chance. I didn't want it. At least not with Roxy. She was sick and twisted . Maybe if I'd met her in my youth I would have jumped at that chance but Meg was that one constant throughout it all. Through my marriage, my children and my divorce. Even when she wasn't there, she was always in the back of my mind. I just didn't know what I was going to do if she didn't come back. I couldn't even imagine my life without her now. I was having lunch with Sharon that Saturday afternoon when Meg called. Yes, I gave up my round of golf.

“Meg! How's it going?”Sharon greeted and put the phone on speaker; setting it between us.

“I'm doing better. How are things in the big city?”

“Oh they're going. I'm having lunch with a friend.”

“Male or female?”

“A prospective.”

“Ahh.......So is he hot?”

I wanted to grab the phone and tell her to come home but Sharon was trusting me to just listen. Just to hear her voice. The tone of her voice told me she was improving. Maybe she really did just need the space to get herself together. To get us back together. I saw the smirk on Sharon's lips.

“Smokin'.”

Meg giggled. I loved that sound. I couldn't remember the last time I heard that.”Then I guess I should let you get back to your man.”

“He'll keep. I told him about you.”

“Oh God!” She sounded embarrassed. I had to wonder what Sharon did to her when it came to that?

“I promise I didn't embarrass you this time. He's a pretty decent guy. I think you'd like him .”

I mouthed a thank you to Sharon as she continued to talk to Meg.

“Well I'm sure if you like him, I will too.”

“I'm sure you will. He's a keeper but really, how are things going?”

“I'm getting there. Staying in my Great Grandma's house. Still the one part that just gives me the creeps but other than that it, it's nice and comfortable.”

“You doing anything for work?”

“Just a little waitressing in the coffee shop on the square.”

“You sound like you've settled right in.”

“Not really. I miss him but I still need a little more time.”

I fought with every fiber to just blurt out that I missed her too. I had to walk away. I got up and left the table.

“He misses you terribly Meg. Please tell me you don't need that much more time.”

“I'm trying Share. Can you tell him I love him and that I'll be back as soon as I can?”

“Sure. Just don't forget that I miss you too. You're my bestest.”

“I won't. I'll call you next week lady. Later!”

I gave it a few minutes then returned to the table. We sat there in silence before I finally broke it.

“Tell me she's coming home soon.”

Sharon just gave me a look.

I knew it was ridiculous the minute it passed through my lips.

“I can't tell you when but I can tell you she will.” Taking my hand across the table and squeezing it gently.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but it was a start in the right direction.
Chapter 20 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



A two fer today! Enjoy!


MEG

“How's it going out here Meg?” Jeff came from the back of the little diner carrying a clipboard. Nice guy. Cute guy. The owner of the place. More hands on than I'd ever seen one get in my life but I guess when you sink your life savings into a place like this, totally feasible.

“Slow,” I replied. It was after the lunch rush so things had slowed down. I was filling the salt and pepper shakers and resupplying the sugar packets for the tables and counters. There was Mr. Gentry that came in about two every day, had a slice of pie, cup of coffee, black and leisurely read a book. Carried it in with him. Wasn't a big talker but he'd told me that I should read something on paper instead of in one of those mechanical doo-dads. I humored him and showed him one day that I actually did own it was a hardcover Jackie Collins I'd kept over the years. I hadn't read it in years either but I couldn't remember why I kept it. Oh yeah, Donnie bought it for me. I guess I really hadn't let go of everything that was there. He wasn't lying when he said he'd always be with me. And some little piece of him was.

“You doing okay?”He sat down at the counter; his arm resting over the clipboard where it sat on the counter.

God he had the most amazing eyes! Where did that come from?! I shook it off and said,” Just a little homesick is all.”

“Well that does tend to happen with those fresh starts.”He joked.

He was that All American kind of guy. Gorgeous blue eyes, nicely toned and when he bent over. NO! I returned his smile. That too. NO! You're just missing Donnie. Is that all Meg? Really? Or are you just so lonely for a man's touch you'll take anything and risk losing what you're trying to get back to. I returned his smile.

“You're gonna be okay Meg. You do know that right?” His hand rest over mine and I didn't pull away.
What was I doing?

“I guess. I just miss my friends is all.” Diverting my eyes to anywhere but near his because we were basically alone. Mr. Gentry paid me no attention once he had everything on his table. I hadn't told him there was a certain friend I was missing more than the others. I should just go home. The alone time at my Great Grandma's house really helped me sort out what it was I'd been contending with.

Jeff drew my gaze back to his.” I know I may be overstepping a boundary here but I've really been holding back.” Our lips moving closer. So close I felt his breath and almost did but I pulled back.

“I'm sorry.”
“Don't be. I had a feeling but I didn't want to believe it. It's not just friends you're missing is it?”

I shook my head.”Jeff, really.... you're a nice guy and I hope one day you find what I hope I still have waiting back home for me.”

“If it's as good as you believe it is then I'm sure he can't wait to have you back in his arms.”

“Thank you. You know I'll finish my shift here for you.”

“No. You go. I can take care of this.”

“Thank you.”



DONNIE


Sharon had a few people over that Saturday night and had invited me in hopes that I would quit moping. I wanted to and for a little bit I forgot that it had been a month since she'd gone. Everybody had gone and I was the last one there. I helped her clean up. I was really just looking for a reason to ask about Meg. If she was doing okay and what not. We were carrying some dishes into the kitchen when she asked me if I'd had a good time. “I did but I still miss her Sharon.”

She sat the plates in the sink and looked at me.”So do I but until she comes back, we have to keep living our lives.”

“Don't you think I'm trying?!” I returned; frustrated. Thank God I'd already put what I'd carried into the kitchen in the sink. I leaned on the counter.

“I know you are but don't you get pissy with me. I'm the one thing that's giving you that ounce of connection you have to her right now! I wish to God I knew where she was. I'd fucking drag her ass home. Kicking and screaming all the way.”

I looked up and her and laughed. It was the first time since she'd gone that I'd done that and meant it.
“Yes you would.”

Sharon moved closer and ran her hand over my folded arm. What was that? It should have felt like comfort but it didn't. Her hand continued to rest there as she said to me,”You're gonna be fine.”

I don't know if it was the fact that I hadn't had a warm body next to me in awhile or what but there I was, looking at Sharon like she was the hottest thing alive. I knew where my heart was but my lips were moving closer to hers. And she wasn't pulling away from me. Not initially.

We got that close before she stepped back and looked at me.”What the fuck are we doing?”
Chapter 21 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Okay, this is the last chapter before Christmas so Merry Christmas to you all and I'll see you after the holiday. Enjoy!


She was right. What the fuck were we doing but before I could answer, her lips were on mine. Mouths connected, tongues twisting. It was amazing but it was wrong! I knew it the minute my hand went further south than it should have. That was the point she pulled away.

“What was that?!”

“I don't know! You were there too!”

“I know! Dammit! She's my best friend Donnie! How can I ever look at her again?!”

“How do you think I feel about this?! I swore I'd never do anything to break her heart and this would kill her.”

“I don't think we should tell her,”Sharon suggested.

I knew that was a bad idea. The whole Roxy thing had taught me one thing. She and I had to be more open to one another and when she got back, that's exactly how it was going to be.”I don't think that's such a good idea.”

“So you wanna tell her that while she was getting her shit together that you decided it was a good idea to mack on her best friend?!”

“It was a mistake Sharon! A fucking mistake!”

Sharon's cell phone went off at that exact minute and from the way she was looking at me, I knew it was Meg. She had that guilt written all over her face. She hit the speaker button and let me listen Guess that was supposed to help in raising my level of it right up there with hers.

“Hey lady! How you doing?”Meg greeted.

“I'm about ready to head to bed. What's up girlie?”

“Guess who's coming home?”

“Really? When?”

“I'm on my way as we speak. I'm seeing the country via Greyhound bus lines.”

She laughed nervously. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't leave without Meg knowing somebody had been listening to her conversation. I glared at Sharon. She'd done some low shit over the years but this was heading to the top of the list like a speeding bullet.


“Where are you now?” Sharon inquired.

“Tennessee or North Carolina. Not sure. I just know I'll be there in a few days. I have so much to tell you lady and most of all I can't wait to get home to Donnie. You've been taking good care of him for me haven't you?”

If she only knew the half of it. Now I felt like a real heel. How was I going to tell her about it?

“Sure have lady.”She replied quickly.

“Thank you. Would you tell him that I love him and I'll be home before he knows it.”

Sharon looked at me then answered,”You just did.”

“What?”I heard the surprise in her voice.

“I had a little get together tonight and he was just helping me clean up. I'll let you talk to him,”Sharon handed me the phone.

I glared at her but took the phone and said,”Hey baby! I've missed you so much. I can't wait to see you.”

“Me too. So is everything okay?”

“Yeah. Some guy just pissed her off tonight and we were talking about it. So a couple of days huh?” I diverted the subject back to her homecoming. It wasn't a lie. She just didn't need to know right now that I was that guy.

“ A couple of days. I miss you so much. I promise I'll never leave again.”

“I'm just glad you're coming home princess.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too gorgeous. I'll see you when you get here. Did you wanna talk to Sharon again?”

“Just tell her I'll talk to her after I get settled back at home okay?”

“You got it. See you soon.”

“See you.”

And with that we were done. After hitting the end call on the screen, I found Sharon. She was watching TV and not paying attention to me. I couldn't blame her but she did kiss me. I could have pushed her away but I think we were both compensating for the fact that we were missing somebody we loved and cared about but you can never tell a woman that. It's always your fault because you're the man. I tossed the phone at her and she looked up at me.


“I can't believe you lied to her!”

“I didn't lie to her. I left out the part about the guy being me.”

“I told you what I'd do if you ever hurt my friend.”

“Don't you dare! You were involved. Do you really think she's gonna react any differently if you tell her?! I don't. I'll tell her when I'm face to face with her but considering what she and I've been through, it's tame by comparison.” For the first time I think somebody actually made Sharon speechless. She knew I was right. “Goodnight!” I slammed her door. I couldn't wait for Meg to get home.
Chapter 22 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Another Tuesday has arrived! Enjoy!


MEG


Home Sweet Home! Well almost. I left my key on the counter if you recall. Stepping off the bus, I breathed in the air that was New York City. Wasn't as fresh as Kansas but it was home. That's all that mattered and soon, I would be reunited with the reason I should have never left it. After locating my luggage at the baggage claim, I dialed his number. One. Two. Three. Shit! He must be shooting. Four.

“Hello?”

That's right. He didn't have my number plus he sounded out of breath.”I'm home.”

“Meg! I'm so sorry baby. Just had an action shot.”

“Kind of figured.”

“So where are you?”

“Just got my luggage.”

“I cannot wait to see you. I missed you so much.”

“I missed you more than you'll ever know.”

“I don't think that's possible.”

“It doesn't matter either way, I'm just happy to be home.”

“I'm happy that you are.”

“So...ummm, I'm gonna need a key to get into the apartment y'know.”

“I remember. Why don't you stop by the set and I'll give you mine.”

“I'll need to know where you are.”

“Oh yeah. Let me get that for you.”

She was a little nervous so it was understandable that he might be just as well. After all, she'd been away forever. Well only a month but that's what it felt like once she made the decision to get back to him the week before. He rattled off the location to her.”I'll be there as soon as I can.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too. They need me back on set. See you when you get here.”

“See you.” I couldn't wait to get to him. I knew he wasn't going to sweep me up into his arms like they do in those sappy romances when the couple is separated and they reunite. I did know that he would be more than happy to have me back.



DONNIE


I couldn't wait to see her. I was having a hard time concentrating on what I was doing but I somehow managed to push through. We broke for dinner and she still hadn't arrived. Well it was that time of day but I wanted her there. I was sitting in one of the trailers when I was informed that I had a guest. Finally she made it was my first thought but when I saw the face, the joy faded.

“Come on Don. I know you miss me.”Roxy smiled.

“You're the last person I want to see.”I had turned away and grabbed my bottled water.

“Oh that's right. Your little Meg ran away. No wonder you're in a foul mood. I could make you feel better if you let me.”

I turned back and she was right there. What was it about this woman that was so alluring? Exotic sure but beyond that, there was no real substance to her. She got by on her sex appeal. Why did I let her get to me? Why? I tried deflating the situation in my pants but she already knew it was there. It was never so much what she said but how she said it.”Just leave. I don't know why I didn't get a restraining order for you in the first place.”

“Because deep down you know you want to fuck me,” she replied with a smirk as her hand moved further down.

“Only in your sick fantasy.”Came Meg's voice.

“Goddess. You're just in time to join us.”

“I won't be joining.”

“You want to watch. You''re getting kinky on me Goddess.”

“Get up off my man before I take that stringy mess you call hair and yank your ass out of here!”

Roxy remained where she was. I could have backed away but this was a side of Meg I was getting a rise from. I've never seen her so out of control.

Meg grabbed the length of hair draping down Roxy's back and dropped her to the floor.

She wasn't even mad at me. She knew the power of Roxy and she was sick of it. I could see it in her eyes. She smiled at me. It' had given Roxy enough time to get up and regroup; lunging at Meg. She pinned Meg against the wall and I wasn't about to get in the middle of it. Not until I absolutely had to.

“I always knew you had it in you gorgeous.”

Seriously, the girl is psycho! Meg pushed back and sent her stumbling down the steps and out the trailer door. She landed flat on her back on the pavement and it being Roxy, you think she would have threatened to sue.

“Don't ever come near us again or I will do far worse than kicking your ass to the curb!” Meg shouted.

“But Meg, I just wanted to have a little fun.”

“You had your fun! Get the fuck out of here” Meg returned and tossed the purse that I'd handed her down on top of Roxy.

After the smoke had cleared so to speak, I took Meg in my arms and looked into her eyes.”Where did that come from?

“What? You think I want her rubbing her skanky butt up all over you?”

Like I said, I'd never seen Meg like that but the fact that she was willing to fight for me only proved that she was ready to move on and get back to the two of us.”I can't wait to get home with you.”

"I'll be there. I'm never leaving you again. Ever.”

The way she looked into my eyes as our lips met, it was as though we were transported back to that very first kiss we shared. That time when things were less complicated. You'd think we would have been all over each other but not the case. I just wanted to be with her. She was back. We had all the time in the world to get there.
Chapter 23 by Simple Sue
MEG


I turned the key in the lock and pushed the door open. Now I was home. Donnie had a few more hours on set before he would be home. I flipped the light switch on. Donnie was going to bring Lumpy home with him that night. It would give me time to get settled. You would have thought I was tired but I was too wound up. Roxy had gone and done the unthinkable. It shouldn't have surprised me but it did. Hopefully me laying her flat on her ass knocked some sense into her but I wasn't holding my breath. We were most likely going to have to get some sort of restraint against her. In the meantime, I wasn't going to worry about her. I wanted to be ready when he got home. Something told me sleep was going to be the last thing on his mind. I threw the key on the table and took my luggage into the bedroom. I was going to have to open the door for him and I wanted to make sure he was greeted properly. I killed the time by unpacking and prettying myself up for his arrival. I was curled up on the couch when my cell phone rang. I picked it up and saw the number.”Hey handsome.”

“Hello beautiful. I'm on my way up. I'll be there in a few.”

“I'll be waiting.”

“I'm looking forward to it.”

“Are you telling me what I think you are?”

“I don't know. Am I?”Chuckling.

God that went right to the heart of me.”Tease.”

“Me? I have no idea what you're talking about.”

The knock came on the door. Okay. He was home. Yay! But I was a little nervous. It felt like the first time we were going to consummate our relationship. In a way, we were renewing it. I opened the door and there he was. Lumpy in tow.

“Talk about me being a tease,”He said; turning his phone off the same time I did.

I'd found his favorite little piece of lingerie in the drawer. A little teal chemise trimmed with black lace.
“What? You can see what you're getting.” I stepped aside and let him and the dog in.

He pulled me into his arms and kissed me breathless.”Don't move. I'll be back.”

Lumpy had his own little playroom when we got busy. Sure he whined a little but once he realized he wasn't getting his way, he gave up.

When Donnie returned I was once again breathless. He returned wearing nothing more than his boxers.
He was as ready as I was. We hadn't shared that bed in over a month. I was so ready to be in it with him. Loving him. He swept me up into his arms. I always thought I was too heavy for him to do something like that but it never phased him. My arms wen around his neck.”Hi.”

“God did I miss you.”He returned; carting me into the bedroom.

He eased me down onto the floor near the bed. I dropped the chemise to the floor. He followed suit and rid himself of the boxers. I didn't realize how much I missed his body. I could feel his eyes on me as mine were on him. I was the first to move in that direction. It was still tentative but I drew his mouth to mine. His skin now pressed against mine. I was almost afraid to touch him but I knew I wanted to. Kind of that virginal thing. You know you want to, you just don't know how to. My lips moved from his as I let my tongue glide down his neck. Feather light kisses followed as I worked my way down his body . My tongue circled one nipple and the sound of pleasure escaped his lips. I continued working my way down over his perfect body. Taking my time coming across those abs of his.

“Oh Meg!” I heard his voice as I approached his manhood.

On my knees, I wasted no time in taking him into my mouth. My hand and mouth keeping a steady rhythm in answer to his moans. I slowed and ran my tongue around the tip before my lips circled it yet again. I felt his fingers tangling in my new short 'do. It wasn't so long he had to push it away now but it was long enough. He was close. I could feel it. I knew it.



DONNIE


I was about to blow and she was well aware of it but I wasn't about to be selfish now. It'd been so long since we'd been this way. I needed to her to feel as good as I did. I pulled her away from what she was doing and captured her lips. I backed her toward the bed. Our mouths disconnecting as she moved back onto it toward the pillows. Coming up over, I made sure she saw my appreciative gaze.” I love you so much baby. I'm gonna show you just how much tonight.” Our lips met; her arms sliding around my neck. No inch was left untouched as I loved her with my mouth and tongue. My tongue slipping around her nipple; my mouth closing over it. She softly moaned as I moved to the other .

I loved her body. Her plush, soft curves and the way they moved beneath me. I worked my way down between her legs and she opened up to me. It was like she never left. I really must have missed her because I dove right in; finding that sweet little trigger of hers. I gently suckled as I slid my finger inside her. She responded as she always did. I let my tongue glide through that soft, succulent flesh as I added another finger. Her hips moved in response to the rhythm of my fingers. That was new but I liked it.

“Oh God!”She cried; her body tensing.

I felt her clamp down on my fingers and she gripped the sheets as the orgasm consumed her. It was time. I needed to feel her. I moved back up over her. I slowly pushed into her; both of us moaning.

She felt so good. SO GOOD! My gaze locked into hers as I started moving inside her. I felt her hands on my back ; slowly sliding down. They moved to my ass and she squeezed. Her legs wrapped around me. I slowed and leaned in; my lips brushing hers. It amazed me how we connected. There had never been a woman in my life that actually got me like she did. I liked when she cried out my name but sometimes all we needed was that look. A signal between us. Not just her body letting me know that she was there but her eyes telling me I was the only one. Like now but I was more than ready and there was that look but as her body tightened around me, she cried it out.

“Oh God! Donnie! Yes!”

I followed her shortly and collapsed. We just lay there, still connected; her arms wrapped around me. I could stay like this forever but it couldn't last forever.

“I love you Donnie,”she whispered; softly pressing her lips against my shoulder.

“Love you too princess. Welcome home.”
Chapter 24 by Simple Sue
I felt her stirring as I played with her hair. I was so used to all that long golden hair tickling my skin when she made herself comfortable. I think it actually gave her a boost of confidence I hadn't seen in a long time. I mean what she did to Roxy. Maybe that separation was a good thing after all. I looked over at the clock. We had a few minutes before I had to get going to the set. I looked back and she was smiling up at me.

“Good morning.”

“The best in a long time.”

“So do you like it?”

“What?”

“My new style.”

“It's you Beautiful.” I didn't even hesitate. It was everything she was. Everything she'd been before our lives had become the mess they'd been. I didn't believe for a second that Roxy was gone but we were getting on with things. Hell, it was the first time in nearly two months that I hadn't seen that little skank's face when I was trying to be with Meg.

She leaned up and softly kissed me.”Do you have to go?”

“Uh I think they'd miss me.”

“ I wish you didn't have to go.”

“Why don't you come with me?”

“I would but I have a couple things I have to take care of.”

“Oh.”

“Hey. I'm just gonna stop by the office and take care of some paperwork. Maybe go to lunch with Sharon.”

I almost froze. I still hadn't told her about Sharon. Christ! She hadn't even been home twenty four hours. Like I was supposed to shove that on her after what Roxy just did? Not on your life but how could I be sure Sharon wouldn't say something? I couldn't be. I had to trust that she wouldn't.”I'm sure she'll be happy to see you babe.”

“I can't wait to see her. Do you still have my key?”

“You know I do. I'll get it for you before I leave but tell me what you did while you were gone.”I had to get things going another direction.

“I went to Kansas, stayed in my great grandma's house and worked.”

“Worked?”

“I got a job at a little diner in town. It's a small town where my parents grew up.”

“I see.”

“I know it sounds crazy but being there, doing that job, I got a new perspective on life.”

“What'd you come up with?”

“That it's too short and being away from is something I never want to do again.”

“Me neither. I'll put a leash on you if I have to.”

“Kinky.” She grinned.

“You don't think I would do you?”

“I know you would .”

I sighed. As much as I was enjoying this, I had to get ready to go.”Babe, I've gotta get going.”

“Okay.”

“Join me in a shower?”

“You'll never get out of here.”

“True. I love you.”

“Love you too.”She leaned up and kissed me before I let go of her and got ready.




MEG



Something was off. I couldn't pinpoint what it was that was bothering him but being as he had to get to the set, I didn't push that morning. After he and Lumpy were gone, I got up and had a cup of coffee. I was in no hurry to get there. I told them I would be in sometime that day but I knew I shouldn't wait too long. I looked at the clock on the wall and the time read 9:45. By the time I got ready and met with management, it would be close to lunch.

An hour an half later, I was in the office signing the last of the papers. They were so happy to have me back. I was happy to be back. I searched the office and found my best friend in the world, Sharon. I headed that direction and I saw the smile on her face but she wasn't jumping out of her chair and rushing toward me like you would think. She was happy to see me though.

“Oh my God! Meg! It's so good to see you. Sit down and tell me everything,”She greeted.

I took a seat near her desk and said,”First of all you tell me something.”

“What?”

“Is everything okay?”

“Sure. Why wouldn't it be?”

“Because you won't look me in the eye.”

“ You're being crazy.”

“Am I? I just got home and you're almost acting like you can't stand to see me.”

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.”

“Share. Tell me what's going on.” I wasn't sure but my gut told me I wasn't going to like her answer for as much as she was hesitating.

“Not here.”

“Come on Sharon. You know you can tell me anything.”

“I kissed Donnie.”
Chapter 25 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Last update for 2011. Enjoy!



I knew I wasn't going to like it. My best friend! How could she?! I didn't know who to be more upset with right now. Her for telling me or him for letting me walk into it. We never kept secrets from each other but I just had to keep pushing. Maybe I would have been better off not knowing.”Nice seeing you Share but I've gotta get going.”

“He didn't tell you.”

“What do you think?!”

“This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you here.”

“Like I would have taken it so much better anywhere else?!”

“Meg. Tone it down.”

“I'll tone it down when you tell me why in the hell you did it! No. Don't bother telling me why. I thought you were my best friend!”Shoving her chair out and storming down the walkway.

“Meg!”Sharon called after me but I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. I was way beyond the furious stage.
“Meg!” She called as I pushed the door open and out into the hall.

I got to the elevator and hit the down button and she'd caught up to me. Damned elevator.”Don't even try to explain it.”

“It's not like you were here Meg.”

“So you decided you needed to keep his lips warm.”

“You have no right to play the victim after what you did to him!”

“So did you fuck him too?!” Where the hell was the elevator?!

“You really think I did this because you were out of the picture don't you?”

“You had a thing for him way before I even knew he existed.”Even though I was the one that cheated, I felted cheated now. I may have been gone but I think deep down he knew I was coming back Maybe I just let myself believe it because I wasn't even sure.

“I had a thing for Jordan too but his eyes were always on you when they should have been on his girlfriend.”

“And that's my fault of course! I should have never left!” Thank God! The elevator was there. I got on as quickly as I could and as far away from Sharon as I could. I knew I shouldn't feel like the victim but I was this time. Maybe it was God's little way of teaching me a lesson but it still hurt. I think what hurt even more was that Donnie and I had made love the night before and not telling me what had happened.

I grabbed a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream on the way home and plopped down on the couch after I grabbed a spoon. I picked up the remote and turned the television on more for noise than anything and ate myself silly. I didn't care. My best friend had betrayed me. Broke the 'girl code' if you will. After realizing I'd hit the bottom of the barrel with the ice cream, I looked up at the time. Six twenty three. I pulled myself up off the couch and stumbled into the kitchen to see what else I could shove in my mouth. I know it's wrong to eat away your troubles but I was pissed. The two people in the world I trust the most had done me wrong.

I heard my cell phone go off and I was going to ignore it figuring it was Donnie on his dinner break but I headed back into the living room and looked at the number. Jon? How did he get my number? I hit accept and speaker.”Hey.”

“You're a hard one to track down you know.”

“How did you get my new number?”

“Sharon called.”

“Oh.” I walked back into the kitchen and started rummaging through the cabinets landing on some snack crackers. “So she figured you could talk some sense into me right?” I snipped.

“From the sounds of it you are being unreasonable about the whole thing. It was a kiss for crying out loud.”

“And that's supposed to make me feel better?”

“No but you shouldn't be so hypocritical either. Donnie stuck by you where a lot of other guys wouldn't have when you were going through that stuff with Roxy.”

“She's my best friend Jon.”

“Do you hear yourself Meg? It's like we're back in high school and she kissed the one guy you had the hots for. You forgave her for that.”

“That was a different time.”

“And it's so different now?”

“Because he's my boyfriend now. A man I can see spending the rest of my life with.”

“Then think about the forgiveness factor Meg.”

“I can't. It hurts too much.”

“I'm not saying that it doesn't. Just don't let it stew too long okay?”

I sighed. I knew he was right but I just couldn't up and forgive so easily. Donnie hadn't why should I be so quick to do it?

“You left him remember?”

“Why does everybody think I've forgotten that and how did you know?”

“Because he called me the night you left. He was torn up. You're back now. Just let this go.”

“Would you be able to let it go?”

“Honestly I hope I never have to but think about what you're doing okay?”

“Fine. I'll think about it.”Anything to get him off my back. I loved my friend dearly but I wasn't in the mood for a lecture.

“Why don't I believe you?”

“Because you've known me too long but I will think about it this time. I promise.”

“Okay. You'll let me know how it goes?”

“You'll be the first after Donnie to know the outcome.”

“Don't be a smartass now Meg. I'll talk to you later.”

“Goodbye.” Thank God! I leaned against the counter and opened the box of Triscuits. This time I ate myself sick. I took a couple of Tums and headed for the bedroom. After my stomach settled, I got ready for bed. I climbed into our bed and grabbed my book. He would be home anytime now.



DONNIE


I knew something was up when she didn't answer any of my calls, text messages and even voice mail but maybe she just got busier than she expected. After throwing my wallet and keys on the front table, Lumpy and I headed for the bedroom It had been a long day and I just wanted to climb into bed and sleep. The door was closed tight. Not a good sign. I turned the handle and it didn't budge. I tried again with no success. Why had she locked me...out.....oh.....
Chapter 26 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Tuesday again....Yay! Enjoy!


Yeah. I should have known better. I should have just told her but I didn't want to put any more on her than she had already dealt with in the short time she'd been home. I missed her. Maybe that's why I kissed Sharon. I really don't know why I did. Some part of me knew Meg would be back. So why did I let my hormones take over? I was able to control them with Roxy why wasn't I able to suppress the urge when it came to Sharon? Maybe there was a part of me that was curious knowing that back in the day she crushed on me. Maybe I just needed to feel some sort of connection to Meg and she was it.


It was useless to even try and get in there so I headed for the spare. Lumpy plodded along behind me. After stripping down to my boxers, I settled Lumpy up on the bed with me. He was able to leave it as he pleased but I always had to help him up. He curled upon one side and I pulled my cell phone out. It was late but not so late I'd wake her up.

Sharon answered,”What do you want?”

“Why couldn't you let me tell her?”

“Why didn't you tell her?”

“She hasn't even been home twenty four hours and she's already had to deal with Roxy. I didn't exactly want to throw it on top of that.”

“Seriously?”

“She came to get the key and Roxy was there.”

“That's the only reason?”

“Like I needed a better one?!”

“I guess not. She's my best friend. I didn't want to tell her but I couldn't not tell her either. I'm sorry.”

“Me too because she locked me out of our room tonight.”

“Like this is all my fault?”

“You kissed me.”

“And you didn't back away.”

“You're right. I'm as much to blame as you.”

“For what it's worth Donnie, this is Meg we're talking about. She'll be over this by morning.”

“I know.”

“She came back right?”

“Yeah.”

“Then don't worry about it. Deal with it after a good night's sleep.”

“So are we good then?”

“When she gets past it we are. Talk to you later.”She hung up.

Great! Not only one but two women were pissed off at me. Well I don't know as Sharon was pissed off at me but she certainly wasn't happy with me either. I set the alarm on the phone and turned the light off. I needed sleep but I knew it wasn't going to come anytime soon. I couldn't until I knew things were okay with her and it seemed I was going to my answer sooner than expected. She pushed the door open quietly and the light softly filtered in from the front room. She turned the bedside lamp on and I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the sudden intrusion of brightness invading the room.

“I couldn't sleep.”

“Neither could I.” I scooted over slightly so she could sit on the bed next to me.




MEG


I had been absolutely childish. Jon was right. I'd done far worse to Donnie and he stood by my side through all the confusion. I took a deep breath and said,”Why didn't you tell me?”

“About Sharon? You were already dealing with the whole Roxy thing. I didn't want you to have to deal with it right away.”

“You knew I was going to see Sharon though.”

“Yes I did and I'm sorry. I wanted to be the one to tell you so we didn't have to go through this.”

“Actually, I came in here to apologize. I'm acting very childish. It was just a kiss. Right?” I didn't want to accuse but I had to be sure.

“Meg-

“I'm sorry. I don't know why I even thought it. I just don't want to fight anymore. We've had something so good for so long,”I interrupted him. I knew I was being foolish. I don't know how he put up with me some days.

“Meg. You're rambling. I'm not mad. I would have thought the same thing had the situation been reversed.”

“So you forgive me for acting like a fool?”

“There's nothing to forgive. We've made it through worse than this. We just need to learn to deal with things when they come up.”

“I agree.” I got up off the bed.”So are you coming with me?” Extending my hand to him.

“And leave Lumpy here all alone?”He teased.

I looked at Lumpy and the dog was stretched from one end to the other.”I think man's best friend will be just fine.”

He grabbed his phone then took my hand and smiled.”It amazes me what that dog can sleep through.”

“It amazes me what you can sleep through.”

“What are you saying?”

“Like father, like son,”I returned with a smirk

“Oh you are so gonna get it!”

“Promise?” I said and slid my arm around his body; our lips a breath's distance apart.

He nodded.”But you've got to make a promise to me.”

“Anything.”

After kissing me he replied,”Marry me.”
Chapter 27 by Simple Sue
Oh My God! Was this really happening? Maybe I was dreaming? No. Felt pretty real but it wasn't exactly the fairytale, down on one knee movie version she'd dreamed of over the years. Did it really matter how he proposed you idiot?! She scolded herself. The man was waiting for an answer. One that should have been immediate.

“Meg?” His brow rose in inquiry.

“Yes.” Wasn't I supposed to be bouncing off the walls with joy or something? I mean the man of my dreams just asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Doesn't that warrant some sort of celebration?

“Yes to my proposal?”

“Yes!” There we go! That's how that was supposed to be. Maybe I still afraid it wasn't real.. I was overwhelmed. After all these years, we were finally going to make it official. Without a second thought, I pulled his lips to mine and thanked him. I was going to get my dream wedding but as I came back to Earth with him I pondered,”Is this because of everything that's happened?”

“No. I was going to ask before you left and now, it just seemed the right time. I love you Meg. Since the day I met you. I was just too young and stupid then. I'm not about to make that mistake now that you're here.”

“ I love you too. Now let's go to bed. I've got a lot of stuff to do in the morning.”

He smiled.

I was into my planning mode. There was no stopping once I got started.

“One thing before we do.”

“What?”

“You're gonna want a ring aren't you?”

I hadn't even ventured there but yes, I did. It was the one thing that was missing.”Yes.”

“Then we'll go shopping this weekend and make it official.”

“Now can we go to bed?”

“For a girl that just got engaged, you sure are in a hurry to get to bed.....Oh.”

He knew the look in my eye. There was a reason I wanted to get back to our bed. I wanted to show him just how much I loved him.



The next afternoon, I waited outside the office building until Sharon was off. I had a huge apology to make and I wasn't about to do it inside. I caught her just as she was walking out the door. I knew she wasn't happy to see me but I had to make amends with her.”Share I came to apologize!” I yelled as she wasn't answering any of my other request for her attention. She turned and looked at me.

“What changed your mind?”

“Jon.”

“How is you're so stubborn with the rest of us but you'll listen to him?”

“To tell the truth, I really don't know but he made me see the error of my ways. I really am sorry. I was acting like that time you kissed that boy I liked in high school. Remember Todd?”

“Boy do I ever! You didn't speak to me for a week.”

“I know but I'm a grown woman now and I should have just let it go knowing it was only a kiss but he is my guy this time. I just flew off the handle and I'm sorry. Besides, I'm gonna be needing a maid of honor and I think Jon would look pretty silly in a dress don't you?”

“Um yeah but what does that have to do with anything? OH MY GOD! He proposed?”

“Last night after we made up.”

“Well it's about damn time girl! Where's your ring lady?” She returned; searching my hand for the shiny object.

“We're going shopping for one this weekend.”

“Finally.”

“So does this mean I'm forgiven?”

“Of course you are. I wouldn't miss this for the world. You busy for dinner?”

“Nope. I'm on my own tonight.”

“Then let's go. My treat and we'll start discussing dresses.”



DONNIE


I'm still in shock that she said yes. Okay maybe not shock but I'm surprised she didn't make me get down on my knee and do it the old fashioned way. I had actually got her Father's approval before she came back home so I did do something in her traditional plan. I was on my dinner break when my phone rang. I looked down at the caller ID and picked it up as I finished a bite of my burger.”What's up Jon?”

“Not much. Is everything okay with you and Meg?”

“Better than you can imagine.” Getting this goofy grin on my face. It was official. She had me wrapped around her little finger. I would give her the world if I could. “But I guess you know about what happened with Sharon huh?”

“Yeah. Sharon called me. Thought I could talk some sense into Meg.”

“Well you always seem to have the magic touch where that's concerned.”

“I don't know how.”

“I wouldn't knock it. She doesn't have many people in her life she trusts like us.”

“So tell me something Don, why are you so up tonight? Aren't you on the set?”

“Yeah but I proposed to Meg last night and she said yes!” I announced to him proudly.

“Well it's about fucking time man! Congratulations!”

“She didn't even make me get down on my knee like I thought she would.”

“Meg's traditional in a lot of ways but I think she would have been happy if you were in the park pushing her on a swing and brought it up. As long as you're together. That's all she's ever wanted.”

“And that's all I've ever wanted.”

“I'm happy for you man. So have you decided on a date?”

“Not yet. I did just ask her.”

“I know, I know. I just want to make sure my calender's clear for the event of the century.”

“Make fun all you want but I'm going to make sure she gets the wedding of her dreams.”

“As long as you're there, it will be.”

“Listen, I gotta go but thanks for helping out. I may even let you make the first toast.”

“I'll hold you to that. Later.”

I hung up and thought to myself, he's right. After all these years, nobody ever thought we'd get there. We were going to have the wedding of the century.
Chapter 28 by Simple Sue
We were going to look at rings that morning and Meg decided she wanted to play. I felt her lips softly brushing against my chest;her tongue circling each nipple before she journeyed further down. She pushed the covers down. Her hand wrapped around my dick. I was already half way there before she even touched me. Then when she ran her tongue along the underside of it, I was a goner. She knew what made me tick. Her lips wrapped around me and Damn! I don't know if it was because there was new life to our relationship but she was doing me like she had in the beginning. I was just about to lose it when she did that thing with her teeth lightly grazing my skin and wham! I lost it. I don't know if she took it because it hit me that fast or that she was feeling generous.

She got up and went into the bathroom. She spit it out and rinsed her mouth before sliding back into bed next to me.”Good morning.” She smiled as she smoothed her hand over my chest; propped up on her elbow on her side.

“I'm fine. Why? Oh, you mean?” She raised her eyes inquisitively.” Just a little present for you.”

“And you don't want anything in return?”

“Like?”

“Like.” Sliding my hand over her hip and pushing the tiny gown up over it; pulling her closer to me.

“Well it looks like you're up for it still.”She grinned and moved over me; straddling my body.

I wrapped my arm around her and rolled her onto her back.

“Don't we have somewhere to be going today?”She teased.

“You started this. We're gonna finish.” My mouth covered hers and I felt her toes graze my calf. She just does not play fair. It was time for a little return. I nibbled and sucked down her neck; over each shoulder pushing the thin little straps of her gown down. Ever so slowly, I made my to the cleavage of it; pushing the material away there. She was already at attention as I took the pert little nub between my teeth; gently tugging it. She moaned in response when my tongue circled it. I pushed the silky material up over her stomach as I traveled further down her body.

“Oh God!” Was her response as I went to work at most intimate spot. Sliding my tongue through her juicy flesh, I intermittently teased her hole. Gradually, I worked my way to her clit as I slipped my finger into her. I pumped as I suckled on her sweet little trigger and had her writhing in a matter of seconds. She pushed her hips up but I wrapped my arms around her thighs; bracing them as I buried my face between them. She somehow managed to meet my tongue as her hips lifted in response. I moved my hands to her ass and gently squeezed the voluptuous curves. Her body tightened and I took in the essence that was her.

I came back up over her and breathy she said,” I need to feel you now.”

It's amazing what words can do. I slowly pushed into her and groaned. We were certainly making up for lost time. As I increased my rhythm, her legs wrapped around me; her hands moving down around my butt. She told me many a time how much she loved my 'marshmallow' as I so referred to it. She squeezed and her hands slid up to my back; her nails digging into me as her body clenched. It was useless to try and fight it. I was gone with her.

As we lay there wrapped up in one another, she ran her fingertips over my back and said,” I love the way you love me handsome.”

“I love the way you love me princess.” But we had to get going.” Baby, I would love to stay here all day making love but weren't we going to look for your ring?”

“Yes we were. We need to get showers then.”

“You mean I can't shower with you?” I moved my head from the crook of her shoulder and grinned.

“Not if you want to get going.”

“Fine.” I pouted like I was hurt.

“Don't even. Now get off of me so I can get started. You want the world to think you have a beautiful fiance don't you?”

“I already know I do but I'll move.”Kissing her softly before I did.



MEG


That was so unexpected that morning but we managed to make it out the door. I didn't know how I could be more in love than I was before but I was. We'd already hit a few stores and we stopped for lunch. He took my hand across the table and lifted it to his lips.”So have you seen anything you're madly in love with?”

“ Not madly but there were a few that caught my eye. You'll know when I'm madly in love with it. I'm not boring you to death am I?”

“Are you kidding?! I'm getting a kick out of them commenting how much in love we look for our age. What do they think we are? Senior citizens?”

I giggled. I knew what he meant. My grandparents were married for sixty three years and my parents were quickly approaching their fiftieth wedding anniversary. People do manage to stay in love for years and years. It's not unheard of.”You know you are marrying an older woman,”I teased.

“Older women are definitely better.”He smirked before leaning across the corner of the table and kissing me.

The waiter cleared his throat and I blushed. After taking our order, Donnie leaned back over and smiled.”I love the way you blush.”

“I love the way you make me blush.”


After we ate, we made our way to the next store. We were browsing the glass cabinets when the salesperson approached us.”Are you looking for anything in particular today?”

I replied,”An engagement ring. Something simple.”

She looked at Donnie then at me like how could he possibly be with me.

“You know Donnie, I think we need to keep looking. I'm not seeing anything I like here.” Although I'd seen the perfect one sitting right in front of me. I didn't like her attitude and she was damn well going to lose her commission.

“Are you sure baby?”

“Yeah. Let's go.”I reached up and kissed him before we left the store.

Once we were outside, Donnie stopped me and said,” You found something you liked in there didn't you?”

I said,”Yeah but there'll be another one.”

“Meg, if that's what you want, then let's go back.”

I knew it was just insecurity but I wasn't going to let her get a commission after treating me like I was a piece of trash he was taking pity on. No way. She was the only one that had treated me that way all day.”She didn't want your money Donnie. She wanted you.”

“Is that what this is about?”

“No. It's about the way she treated me. She should be kissing my ass for that sale.”

“She really treated you bad?”

“Yes.”

“Then we'll go somewhere else. I want them to treat you like the royalty you are.”

“Well I'm not royalty but NOBODY else today treated me like they thought I was beneath you.”

“I'm sorry baby. I promise we'll get you the ring you want and that they treat you like the sale they need to pay their rent.”
Chapter 29 by Simple Sue
DONNIE


We never did find anything that compared that day but I got the idea from something she'd told me about her brother and what he did. Apparently a lot of men these days are designing the rings themselves then adding the band on their wedding day. I was young when I got married the first time and I thought a woman needed that big piece of bling to show how much I loved her. Now I know that's not the case. So back to the ring, after much debate, I came up with the idea to do something like that open heart thing. Like the first piece of jewelry I bought her not realizing she's not really a jewelry girl other than earrings. It was the open heart pendant from Jane Seymour's collection I think the salesgirl told me. It didn't matter to me who designed it as long as Meg loved it. So, now here we are three weeks later and I was having Sharon take her for a girl's day of pampering. Jon had come down for the weekend and he was going to meet me at the jeweler later. I didn't want Meg to know he was in town yet because after all the girlie stuff, Sharon was going to bring her to our favorite restaurant and I was going to make this whole thing official. Yeah Sharon and I had mended our differences and realized how stupid we'd been by letting it happen. “Meg! Sharon's here!” I called out as I let her in.

“So when are you going to get it?” Sharon whispered as we waited for Meg to respond.

“I'll be right out!”she called back

“After you guys leave I'm meeting Jon at the jeweler,” I answered Sharon.

“So what time are we supposed to be there again?” She asked as we continued our conversation in a hushed tone.

“Six thirty.”

“Great. Hey Meg!”Sharon greeted.

“Hey lady!”She returned and gave her a quick hug with her free arm. She was carrying a couple of bridal magazines in the other.

“Got everything?” I teased her.

“I thought you were treating me to this day,”she turned her attention to me.

“I am.” I pulled her into my arms; the magazines between us. I kissed her and let her go.”Enjoy your day beautiful.”

After Sharon showed her distaste for our display, Meg grabbed her purse and they headed out the door. There we go. I pulled my cell out and dialed Jon.”Hey man. Yeah. They're gone. Meet you there in an hour.”

I was still worried about how it was going to turn out but when the jeweler brought it out to show us, I had no doubt in my mind she was going to fall in love with it.

“You designed that?” Jon questioned me.

“Well I had a little help with the concept but yeah.”

“We had a salesgirl that ruined the one that she really had her eye on and I wasn't going to argue with her plus I wasn't going to give the girl a sale when all she wanted was a piece of me.”

“You were there with your fiance and the girl was still eying you like you were on the market?”

“I know. I never told Meg that I knew. I just noticed the ring she had her eye on and built from there.”

“She's gonna love this Donnie.”

“I had my doubts before but I agree.”

“You're not nervous about this at all?”

“No. This time it's for real.”

“I'm sorry to interrupt sir but how will you be taking care of the remaining payment today?” The salesman inquired.

I pulled out my wallet and handed him my American Express.

“Very well sir. I'll be right back.”

“I still can't believe you're finally doing it. You and Meg that is. I never thought you'd get around to it.”

“I got a second chance. I'm not letting it go.”




MEG


Sharon and I had our feet soaking in the nice little foot massaging tubs when I found the most beautiful dress in the magazine. The whole fairytale princess thing from the Disney collection. Cinderella's wedding gown.”Look at this Share. Oh my God. It's so perfect.”

She took the magazine from me and studied it.”I thought you wanted something simple girlie?”

“When it comes to my ring yes but I've been waiting all my life for this moment. I want the big white wedding.”

Sharon turned the page and handed it back to me.”That right there I think is more you.”

It was pink, ruffly and off the shoulder. She was right. It was me. If I wanted to have it all, I needed to make sure it was me. I earmarked the page and continued thumbing through the thick book.

“Meg?”

“Yeah?”

“Is there a reason you don't have a ring yet?”

“Just haven't found the right one yet.”

“Hmmm...... Donnie told me you had.”

“There was one but the salesgirl was a bitch and a half. She apparently thought I wasn't good enough for him and she was even sizing him up like he was available. Can you believe that?”

“Well you do have a hot man Meg.”

“I know but when I said WE were looking for an engagement ring, she should have pulled the fuck me eyes off of him and got back to professional.”

Sharon laughed at me.

I don't know as what I said was so funny but it must have been; giving her a curious look.

“The fuck me eyes Meg. That's what it was.” She explained after her laughter had subsided.”But seriously, you believe in karma so the bitch will get what's coming to her when she least expects it.”

“I know. It just pissed me off and you know it takes a lot to piss me off.”

“I know. So have you decided on our dresses yet? You know bridesmaids and maid of honor and such.”

“I've barely picked out mine and I've only been engaged three weeks lady.”

“Okay.”Sharon looked at her watch.”Shit!”

“What's up?”

“We've gotta get going here. I told Donnie we'd meet up with him for dinner.”

“Okay. “


Half an hour later, we were at my favorite restaurant and there was Donnie and Jon. I hadn't seen Jon in forever. After I kissed Donnie, I gave Jon the biggest squeeze.”Its so good to see you. When did you get in?”

“Last night actually. I've been staying with Sharon.”

“Why do I feel like there's something going on here that I had no part of?”

“Actually there is,” he supplied and pulled out the chair for me. Once I was seated, a bottle of wine was ordered.

I looked to Donnie and he just took my hand.”Honey, what's going on?”

“You trust me right?”He replied.

“Of course I do.”

“Then let's wait for the wine and I'll tell you then okay?”

“Okay.”I hated surprises and anticipation. I wanted everything yesterday. Hell, you think I'd be more patient considering how long I waited for him. The wine arrived soon after that and after the glasses were filled, all was revealed. He was down on his knee. OH. MY. GOD. I turned my chair to face him.

“I know I've already asked for your hand but I thought that I should do it the right way. The way you deserve. Meg Sampson, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” He said as he presented the the ring in the little blue box.

It was gorgeous. The open hearts with a half karat diamond in the center. It was even better than the one I'd fallen in love with.”Yes!“
Chapter 30 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


Sorry about the lack of updates. Enjoy!

I couldn't believe they pulled it off. I had to assume they were all in on it due to the fact that Jon had been in town when I was talking to him the night before and Sharon. Sharon's my best friend. She couldn't even hold back the fact that she'd kissed my man. I don't know how in the hell she did it all day without bursting at the seams. I didn't even realize she had her phone out recording it I was so wrapped up in him. I always told my friends that I'd be the last girl to be all giddy and mushy when it came to falling in love but I guess this was the moment that was supposed to catch you off guard. Even with all their idiosyncrasies, you don't expect it. There are a rare few that other men make fun of but they got the girl so they did something right. Like mine. It's not always about the flowers and candy girls. No, it's what comes from his heart that makes him romantic. After a few lingering kisses that I was sure our friends were getting sick of, he returned to his chair but moved it closer to me. I couldn't take my eyes off the ring though.

Sharon really hadn't got a good look at herself and grabbed my hand. I looked up into Donnie's eyes as she inspected it.”You did good boy,”she teased him.

“Yes you did,”I agreed and kissed him softly.”Can I ask you something though?”

“Anything baby,”he answered.

“Where did you get this ring?”

“I designed it.”

If I'd ever had any doubts about his love for me before, that would have been the moment that they would have disappeared but that was something I never doubted. I always knew he loved me. Always. We just had to get in the same place at the same time again to make it work.”Have I told you how much I love you?” I whispered.

“Not tonight.”His lips turned to that smile that just melted me before kissing me for the...I'd lost count.

“Wait 'til I get you home,”I said before we were interrupted for our order. Jon asked him for a few minutes more as we all finally took a serious look at what was on the menu. Food was not what I was craving at the moment.

“I can't wait but I do have one more surprise for you.”He grinned behind the menu we were sharing.

“Keep the menu where we can keep an eye on you kids,”Jon teased us.

“Leave 'em alone,”Sharon said.”They're in love. We should get so lucky.”

She was right and I hoped that one day they'd be as happy as we were.


DONNIE


The way her face lit up when I put the ring on her finger was something I'd never forget but I was glad that Sharon thought enough to record it. Remember how I said I had no doubts about her liking the ring? As it got closer to the moment, I started getting those nerves. I mean she'd already said yes but what if she didn't like my choice of ring? I was no expert there. So, after dinner Sharon and Jon went their separate way as did Meg and I. I had something special planned. I even blindfolded her until we got to our destination. Once I assisted her up into the cart, I removed the makeshift blinder. The look in her eyes priceless. I'd always promised her a carriage ride through Central Park but I'd never made good on it until now. I was glad I waited.

“Are we all set?” The driver turned back to us.

I nodded then looked back to her.

“I can't believe you did all this for me.”

“I know you don't like a lot of fanfare but you deserve every minute of tonight.”

“I love you so much Donnie.” She softly kissed me then snuggled up against my chest.

We spent the better part of the ride comfortably silent; occasionally sharing a kiss as the darkness enveloped us.

As the driver pulled to a stop, he turned back again and asked,”So how long you two kids been together?” He was an older gentleman.

I smiled at Meg and replied,”Forever.”

“You just got engaged?”

“Yeah.”

“So how long have you really been together?”

Meg answered,”We've known each other since we were teenagers but went our separate ways when college came around. A few years ago, we were reunited thanks to a mutual friend.”

“Well it's nice to see a young couple so in love getting that second chance.”

“Thank you, “she said and cuddled even tighter against me.

We needed to get home or I was going to lose it. I thanked him, tipped him and it was all I could do to keep my hands to myself until we got through our door. I tossed the keys on the end table. Sharon had taken care of Meg's magazines so the only thing she was carrying was the small purse she'd left with earlier in the day. It joined my keys on the table and we made it to the bedroom. She was in the mood like I'd never seen before but I slowed her down.”Hey princess. We've got all night. I intend to make sure every second of it count for you.”

“ I know. I just missed you so much I can't keep my hands off you,”she pouted.

“Meg,”I scolded. I knew what she was doing.

“What?”She licked her lip as she languidly undid the buttons on her blouse; allowing it to float to the floor.

This was a game of ours and one I loved. One we hadn't really played since we first hooked up. Once we got past that initial 'can't keep my hands off you' phase, it helped us really learn each other's hot spots. She turned her back to me; undoing her jeans and wiggling out of them. I guess you could call it our own personal strip shows for the other. She detached the hooks of her bra and held herself up before letting it go and tossing it over her shoulder toward me. She made her way to the bed in nothing but her panties and it was all I could do to contain the situation going on in my pants but it was my turn.

I drew the form fitting shirt ever so slowly up over my body; teasing her with the view I knew she loved the most. I tripped the button on my jeans and turned my back to her; letting her get an eyeful of my ass. I took it a step further this time though as I eased out of my boxers. I eased onto the bed next to her and looked deep into her eyes. I was going to make love to her like I'd never touched her before in my life. I was going to give her a night to remember.
Chapter 31 by Simple Sue
MEG


There'd been a few men in my life but none like Donnie. And not because they weren't good men with good hearts, they just didn't understand me. I didn't need a lot of fanfare to make me happy. Scratch that. I was saving that for my wedding day. I wanted the whole nine yards there but as for the everyday, as long as he was there for me, there with me, that's all that mattered. And tonight. It was perfect. Our favorite restaurant. The carriage ride through the park. And my ring. He'd seen the one I wanted but designing it himself just made it all the more special to me. It meant he knew me. I could have just stared into his eyes forever but I needed to feel him touching me. Loving me like we have all the time in the world. And that night we did. I pulled his mouth to mine and we just kissed and kissed and ….....well you get the picture there. The warm caress of his lips as they traveling over my body. His hand molding the supple curve of my breast as the tip of his tongue traced around the nipple. Suckling and tugging the tender tips into submission. He left no part of my skin untouched by his lips. Or tongue for that matter. His tongue glided along the lace edge of my panties. I had to give him something to work for.

His eyes met mine for the first time in a long while. It was perfectly clear that I was on fire and if he wanted to just go and put out the flame right then and there I would have been the happiest woman alive. I parted my legs and lord was I ever in a state. He nipped the delicate material and gave me that look that's usually only reserved for driving the ladies wild when he's onstage. Holy shit! I knew him and all his bad habits but fuck! That was just the hottest thing ever as he dove back down and removed the offending lingerie. He lavished my body with kisses all the way over my calf, feathering against my thigh and working right past my heated center up onto my lips. Capturing them feverishly before he breathlessly told me,”I need to feel you now Meg. Need to feel your legs wrapped around me.”


Oh My God!” I'm ready anytime you are Donnie.”

Reaching over into the bedside table he grabbed a condom and once he was sheathed, he slowly entered me. I thought he needed me. He just needed to have the feel of me and inch by glorious inch, he did. He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine as he gradually started moving within my depths.
“Meg baby you feel so good.”

It was at that point I wrapped my legs around him pulling him deeper and deeper. My fingernails sinking into his skin. Our eyes connecting as did our bodies. The overwhelming desire consuming us both. Our cries echoing through the silence. The neighbors had never complained before. They would be tomorrow. After lying there wrapped up in one another for what seemed forever, he rolled off of me and disposed of the condom. When he returned to the bed, I snuggled up against his chest and started drawing patterns, mostly hearts, on his abs. For as fit as he was, he never made me feel self conscious about my lack of it. He always told me I curved in all the right places that he could publicly display his affection for me. Talk about being good for a girl's ego. He stopped my hand and drew it up to his lips. He admired the ring himself.

“How does this feel?”He said as I leaned up on his chest and smiled.

“Like it always was there.”

“Now it will be.”

And that's how we spent the rest of the night. Kissing, cuddling, making plans and well.......you know.




ROXY


It had been three months to the date since I'd seen my goddess. I missed her and I know you're all thinking you bitch! You don't have a heart. How can you miss her? Well contrary to popular belief I do have a heart. I just put mine out there like the rest of the world. I would have if she would have let me show the world how much she really meant to me. Nobody believed me but with Meg, my life was different. We were friends before we became lovers. I don''t think she ever saw it that way though. That's what hurt me the most about it. I could have shown her a whole new world if she just would have let me but no! She had to run back to him.

True love forever? Pshhh! How could you love a man that way? They don't know how what makes you tick or how to deal with your emotions. Sure I liked guys but nobody ever made me feel the way she did. Maybe I was just fooling myself. Maybe I don't have a heart. Maybe I was just letting myself believe that I cared about her so I didn't have to deal with the reality of it all. I was alone and she had the one thing all little girls grow up dreaming about. I was just about t check my Facebook that morning when my cell went off. I left the laptop open on the counter and went to take the call .

When I finished, I returned to find Mike sitting in front of my computer with a steaming hot cup of coffee going through my page. My list of friends to be exact. His eyes diverted from the screen to me.”Really? You haven't taken her off your list?”

I could only assume he was talking about Meg and no, I hadn't. I t was my fucking list. Who cared? It wasn't like she was just gonna look at hers one day and go damn! I really do need to update this shit anymore than I was.”Not that it's any of your fuckin business but no.”

“Why not? Oh wait. I know why. So you can keep a check on her relationship status. I hate to be the bearer of bad news Rox but your little goddess is off the market.”

“What the hell are you talking about?!”I grabbed the screen and flipped it in my direction. There it was in black and white. Meg Sampson. Relationship status: Engaged.

“I'm kind of upset about it myself Roxy. After watching you make her cum, I kinda wanted to hear her screaming my name while she made you cum.” Taking a sip of his coffee and talking about Meg as though she were just some piece of ass I brought home for the night.

“You just don't get it do you Mike? She was more than just a piece for me.”

“Could have fooled me.”His brows rose and gave her a look before disappearing with his cup of coffee.

No wonder she hated men. Well not really hated them, just didn't care much for them when it came to dating. They were good for fucking. So was Meg. Meg had Donnie. He was the perfect specimen. That could work. Get them together, get Donnie all hot and bothered with her there and prove once and for all to her that all men are scum. Then her little goddess would be all hers. Yeah, that could work.
Chapter 32 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



I apologize for the lack of updates this week. I had a little bit of a rough one but just lack of inspiration mostly so hopefully I'll get back to your regularly scheduled programming next week. Thanks for your patience and enjoy!


DONNIE


It had been six months since the whole Roxy incident and I hadn't seen her since she was trying to get up on me when Meg returned from her 'sabbatical' in Kansas. Things had settled back into a somewhat normal routine. Blue Bloods had been renewed for a fourth season and the whole NKOTBSB thing had become somewhat of a phenomenon. Fans around the world were eating it up and summer had become reserved for that specific tour. Great guys and it amused me that whenever Meg came out to see me on the road, she always got shy around one particular one. Brian. I knew she was a fan of their music but I didn't know she had a a specific favorite. Guess it made sense being as our fans seem to do the same with us. Once I made the proper introduction, she seemed to loosen up. Her walls came down so to speak. She's very selective about the people she chooses to let into her life and Roxy was the big shocker for me when I first met her.

But back to the current state of affairs. She'd been planning while I was on the road but we had an appointment to decide on our wedding cake design and it's flavor. There were so many combinations a guy could get lost but we managed to narrow it down. We only tasted five of the combinations we'd chosen at the shop. They allowed us to take a plate with a variety on it home to sample at our leisure.

We had our usual Saturday night dinner date then checked out a movie before returning home for the night. It seemed like we'd just barely gone to bed but I rolled over and usually she was right there so when my arm landed on empty bed I climbed out myself to see where she had disappeared to. I went out into the main room and saw the small sliver of light coming from the kitchen. I snuck up behind her and slid my arms around her waist and remarked,”Window shopping?”

“I was looking for something to nibble on and the cake looked so good but I realized that I couldn't do that because that's something we're supposed to decide on together but since you're here.”

Hearing the suggestive tone in her voice put my body on full alert and I knew she could feel my reaction pressing against her ass. She hadn't worn more than one of those tiny little gowns with nothing underneath it as it was just an obstacle these days. We'd become those horny teenagers that couldn't keep their hands off each other once they got their hands there. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder. The particular one she had on was hot pink with black lace trim. The straps had delicate little bows on the shoulder. Her head was tilted just so to one side. I removed one arm from her waist and brushed the hair away from her ear , whispering,”Maybe we should nibble them off each other and see what we come up with.” My lips meeting the crook of her neck. Something I knew would send her body into a state.

She trembled at my suggestion and pulled the plate out along with the milk. I pulled her back and closed the door but didn't catch the reasoning of the milk right away. I watched as she pulled a glass from the cabinet; the skirt of her lingerie giving me a nice view of her delicious round behind. She turned when she heard me groan and smirked. We hadn't even started and she already had me hot and bothered. After pouring the milk, she returned the jug to the refrigerator and turned the light on. We had to see what flavors we were working with after all. Returning to the island where things now sat, she perused the sinful array of flavors just waiting for our approval. I saw the one that caught her eye.

“Let's try this one first.”She lifted the small square to my mouth, centering it between us and we tasted the white cake with strawberry cream together. After we managed to tear apart there, she said,”Your turn.”

I looked at the plate and carefully made my decision. I tortured her briefly as I ran my tongue down along her neck to the bow on her shoulder. I undid the ribbon with my teeth then set the morsel of cake on her shoulder. Chocolate chip cake with a caramel cream filling . Almost as sweet as she was. I moved my mouth to hers and let her taste the richness. I really do love how her mind works.

“Not bad,”she whispered breathlessly as my lips moved from hers down on to the other shoulder. I unlaced the other strap and her gown dropped to the floor. I almost forgot about the cake but I drew my eyes back to it and the glass of milk. I took a good swig of it before offering it to her. She accepted and took a small drink before I drew it from her lips. “One more,” I told her and picked up the toasted almond cake with a chocolate mousse filling. I had to share this one as well. It was too good not to. After a good long taste test, I lifted her up onto the counter and she was level with my gaze. Now it was her turn. She grabbed the glass of milk and held it up to my lips; allowing me the first cleansing of our palettes. After she was done, she set the glass down and made her choice.


MEG


My choice was a hazelnut cake with chocolate cream filling. I sat it on his shoulder and languidly nibbled my way toward the small piece. Wasn't my favorite flavor but I pulled his mouth to mine and let him decide.

“We don't like this one do we?” He looked at me; unsure of what I thought about it.

“Not my favorite. Let's try this one.” I lifted the golden yellow cake with the raspberry mousse filling and set it on his other shoulder. As I nibbled on the cake my hand slid down inside his boxers. Even after three and a half years together, I still couldn't believe that I was the one that got him this way. Our lips met feverishly this time as I continued to stroke him. We were down to the last sample and I wondered how we were going to work this one.

“Oh God Meg,”he moaned but decided that I'd had enough fun and had me ease back onto the counter of the island.”I get last taste.”He smirked and lifted the one I'd actually chosen to sample for home. He parted my legs and sat the dark chocolate with coconut cream filling at my center. His tongue wormed it's way up through my moist flesh before consuming the tidbit that rest just above my pleasure point.

“Mmmmmmmm.” I was a goner when the devilish glint sent a spark blazing throughout my entire body . It was his remark that was the 'icing on the cake' that set me totally on fire.”I wonder if they could make this flavor with you added to it?”

I squirmed as he continued to make my pussy his personal playground. I was his prisoner and the way his tongue was darting in and out of me, I could only surrender. He pushed his boxers down and took me. Simple as that. As he leaned in, my legs wrapped around him. Our eyes met briefly before he moved and his lips surrounded a nipple. I don't know if it was the cold surface, the combination of him fucking me into the ground with his lips wrapped around my nipple. Whatever it was, I was about to explode. My nails dug into his back and that set him off. There was a part of him that totally caved into me. The way his eyes rolled back into his head every time my body answered to his generous skills.

“I think I've decided on the flavor for the groom's cake,”he whispered as we rest there; blissfully unaware that we'd been watched.



ROXY


Meg forgot she gave me a key. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but this time I just watched in the shadows. The timing had to be right. It was sickening how 'madly in love' Meg thought she was. Every man I'd ever had never even come close to what I'd witnessed Donnie doing to Meg tonight.
He wasn't huge but he was amply endowed enough to make this plot worth my while. I had to get them separated. Soon. The wedding was in four months. Not like I couldn't do it but seriously, you should see these two go at it. I was so turned on I had to go home and jump on Mike. He had a playmate with him already but she was a willing participant in the end. Any woman can be seduced to at least try it once.

The next afternoon after his playmate was gone, Mike and I went another couple of rounds before I grew tired of him. I needed a dick but his wasn't the one I wanted plowing into my body. Taking me like I meant something to him. I sauntered into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee before opening my laptop. I pulled up my Facebook account and signed in. I pulled up Meg's page and started typing a message for everybody's eyes. No! I wasn't going to be a bitch. Not to start with anyway.

“Congratulations Goddess. May you have a long and happy future filled with love.” And hit send. Gag me! but I had to play it safe. I couldn't afford to make any mistakes now.
Chapter 33 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



Another Tuesday is here. Yay! It's a double whammy. Enjoy!


MEG


We ended up going with none of the sample choices but a classic white cake with fresh strawberries and fresh cream filling for the wedding cake and Donnie got his groom's cake choice of dark chocolate with coconut filling minus me. I know, I know. Bad joke but I couldn't resist. It made me all warm and tingly every time I thought of that night. I was fixing us a late lunch that Sunday afternoon. We were acting like a couple of teenagers when it came to the bedroom as of late but we were paying for it. A small one to pay considering the years we spent getting back to each other. Sounds like a sappy romance novel? I don't care. I have my fairytale. I didn't think anything could spoil it now. I was about to lose that sense of security. So as I was putting the last of the sandwich fixings away my cell phone started going off. I looked at the caller ID and hit accept after sweeping the screen open.”Hey Jon! How ya doing?”

“Good. How 'bout you? How's the wedding going?”

“I am in heaven Jon. My fairytale is finally coming true.” I know I sounded like a silly schoolgirl but I was allowed to. It was my day. I'm supposed to be happy.

“Then I guess I'm about to be the villan in your story.”

“What's going on Jon?” My voice turned to concern as I stopped working on our meal.

“Have you seen your Facebook page recently?”

“You know I don't go there other than to update on how things are going on the wedding now. What's going on?”

“Um... just pull it up. I'll wait.”

“You're scaring me Jon. What's going on?” I pulled up the screen just as Donnie came into the kitchen.

“What's going on babe?” He stood behind me; watching the screen with me.

“Hold on,” I told him as my page appeared on the screen. So far nothing out of the ordinary . Just the congratulations that had consumed it in the last few months. Then I saw the little caption in the corner where it told me somebody had commented so I hit it and saw her name with the message

“Congratulations Goddess. May you have a long and happy future filled with love.”

But that wasn't all there was. She'd left me a personal message as well that day.
“I miss you my goddess. I miss touching your body. Watching you cum. I only want your happiness so if he's what truly makes you happy then I'll back off.”

I dropped the phone. This was not happening. Not now. Why was she doing this to me? She knew how to get to me. How did I let her get so under my skin? NO! But I was in panic mode and Donnie knew it.



DONNIE

I picked up the phone.”Who is this?”

“It's Jon. What's going on?”

“Did you tell her about this?” I know I shouldn't have been angry but she would have found it sooner or later. Better with me here I guess.

“I'm sorry Donnie but I thought she should know.”

“Well the little bitch sent her a personal message too Jon!” Breathe Donnie. She needs you right now.”I'm sorry Jon. She's falling apart here. Once the dust settles, I'll call you back.”

“I'm sorry Roxy is doing this to her.. I'll talk to you guys later.” He hung up and I hit end.

I set her phone down. She was holding onto the counter; firmly gripping it . Almost as though she were going to break it but I knew deep down she was falling apart inside. “Meg. Baby. Wanna talk about it,”I tried to soothe with my voice but she wouldn't have it.

“No. I don't wanna talk about it! I want to kill her! This is my wedding! The only thing I should be worrying about is things regarding my wedding! MY WEDDING!”

She stormed away and I followed her into the bedroom. She flung herself onto the bed and started sobbing. For the first time in my life I felt helpless. Me. Helpless. She's my woman and I didn't know how to soothe her because the very reason she was hurting had me baffled. Roxy was a mystery for sure. I don't think Meg ever really knew her friend like she thought she did. Despite all her efforts to tear us apart, we'd come back stronger every time. What in her mind told her that Meg wanted to be with her instead of me? I couldn't tell you. I lay down beside her and ran my hand back and forth across her shoulder and over her arm repeatedly in an attempt to comfort her. “Meg baby. It's gonna be okay.”

“Of course it is.”

I did not just hear that. It couldn't be and yet there she was; purring in my ear like an alley cat attacking it's prey. My body responded and as close as I was to Meg, there was no way she didn't not feel that reaction. Meg jerked away and turned to find the source of her pain. I just wanted to know how the hell she got there in the first place.


ROXY


I couldn't have planned it better if I tried. I bid my time well before entering the room. I knew that timing was everything here and if I was going to pull this threesome off I had to have the most intricate of it. As she leapt off the bed, I took the opportunity to work on Donnie's problem downstairs. “Miss me goddess?” I grinned.

“Get your fucking dirty hands off of him before I rip them off for you!”

“That is so hot Meggie but I don't think Donnie is having a bit of trouble with my hand there.”

She stormed around the bed and yanked on the length of my hair. Once again, dragging me away from him. She was mine. Didn't that mean we shared EVERYTHING?

I stood up and looked at her in disbelief. How could she be doing this to me? I loved her. Okay, so I loved being with her. Wanted to have her at my beckon call without HIM in the way. Was that so wrong? “He's gonna hurt you Meg. They all do.”

“Maybe they hurt you but in all the years I've been in love with Donnie, not once has he ever made me feel used like you did. NOT. ONCE. Get it through your thick skull bitch! I'm in love with him and I'm having the fairytale wedding whether you approve or not. And honestly, I don't care if you do because you've never been my friend. Ever.”

“That's not true Meg. I was here long before he ever came back into your life. Doesn't that count for anything?”

“It only counts to add more grief to my life. Now get your clothes on, give me the key and get the fuck out of my life!”She demanded. I couldn't believe this was my Meg. The sweet little midwestern girl had taken a stand. One she was going to live to regret. I was going to make sure of it.
Chapter 34 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



On with the show! :)


DONNIE

I knew I shouldn't have been turned on by what Meg just did but her not backing down from Roxy just got me all hot. And damn Roxy! What is this spell she casts? Once Roxy was out the door, Meg came back to our bedroom and stared at me from the doorway. She was most likely upset at my reaction to Roxy but after a few moments, she joined me on the bed and curled into my chest.; apologizing.”I'm so sorry Donnie. I can't believe I did that. I'm so stupid.” Now she was just beating herself up.

“Hey, hey. Look up here.”

Her watery gaze turned up to mine. I swiped away the tears the best I could and told her,”You did nothing wrong princess. She's sick. She needs help. You can block her on Facebook. We can get a new lock on the door. She hasn't broke us yet. I don't know what makes her think she's gonna do it anytime soon. We're gonna be fine. NOTHING is going to spoil your day.”

“It's your day too know.” She smiled that smile that just sent my heart into overdrive.

I chuckled. It was good to see this hadn't got to her like I thought it would.”You're right. It is. Did you put the chain on the door?”

“What do you think?” She raised her brow.

“I think we should have something to eat. I'm starving.” As my stomach made that rumbling noise. I really would have rather had her but if I was going to have her, I needed food.

She giggled. “Me too.” She slid out of my arms and off the bed.” Last one there has to make the bed in the morning.”

“You mean you won't be in it when I go to work?”

“Nope. Got an early meeting myself. Top secret.”

“Now I have to know.” I got up off the bed and walked around to her; pulling her into my arms.”Tell me.” That tone that I knew drove her crazy. My stomach rumbled yet again. Shit! Now I would have to wait. I couldn't pull the bad boy out now.

“Eat all your veggies then maybe I'll tell you. She teased and started for the door.

I didn't know if she was trying to push it out of her mind or what but I wasn't going to argue how she dealt with Roxy this time because it was the first and only time I'd ever seen her do it.



MEG


Donnie knew me too well. I was hiding my pain but this was my happiness we were talking about. Three months and I would be a married woman. Married to the man I should have been with all my life. I love him so much. I thought I was in love before but they always found something wrong with my habits or my hobbies. I never denied Donnie his and he never denied me mine. It's healthy to have your own hobbies. My parents did and they've been together forever. Not always happily but they always managed to pull through. I was finding that's how we were more and more. Everything was going fine. I was sticking to my diet and exercise religiously. Donnie didn't care about my curves but I wanted his jaw to drop as he watched me walk down the aisle in the fluffy, frilly pink dress I'd chose. One more payment and it was mine.

As you know another two weeks had passed and not word one from Roxy. Well not directly anyway.
I felt eyes on me as I walked into the office that morning and couldn't understand why. I sat my things down in my cubicle and Sharon approached, sliding the tabloid down onto my desktop. I sat down and read the headline.

SEX SECRETS OF THE STARS- SEDUCTIVE OR SADISTIC?


And there we were. Plastered on the front page. Fuck! Why did I ever get involved with her and the lying bitch said WE seduced HER! Can you fucking believe it?! It was like she was doing it just to get my attention, not to hurt me but it was going to hurt him more than it hurt me. It could ruin his career. Oh God! Millions of women would hate me for it too.

“Please tell me that's not true,”Sharon demanded more than questioned.

“You've known me how long Sharon?”

“I'm sorry but I had to ask cuz everybody's been questioning me. I'm your friend. I don't know what you and Donnie do behind closed doors.”

“What every other normal couple does behind closed doors. Make love. I don't do all the sick shit I'm sure she's spouted off about.”

“Are you sure because she accused you of seducing her into your bed when Donnie wasn't home one afternoon.”

“I'm not going to lie and say I haven't experimented but she's the one that seduced me in my own bed. You knew that.”

“You're right I did.”

“I better call Donnie. See if he's heard the news.”

“Meg. A word please,” the office manager requested.

Oh great. Just what I needed.



ROXY


Honestly people, do you really think I'd do anything so vindictive as to hurt my little Meg? Okay, yeah I would. She crossed the line with me. I didn't know what else to do and believe you me, there were plenty of people willing to listen to the story of the defenseless victim seduced by fame and fortune. I had two talk shows and a spot in Star magazine as well. It's amazing what people will believe. Meg, the fresh faced farm girl from Kansas had me tied to a bed while her boyfriend fucked me. I could have cried rape but nothing happened. I wouldn't have the proof and that's not my style. Subtle destruction is the best way to go. She was going to wish she'd never met me. I even had her playing with me and Mikey boy. And in a way, it wasn't a lie because he did watch while I played with her. I was passing by her office building when I saw her walk out of it early that morning. Our eyes met and something inside me stung. The torment in her gaze told me I done more damage than I had intended. I just wanted to ruffle some feathers so she could be with me. I approached her and she started walking away from me.”Do you really want me to make a scene out here Meg?”

She turned and glared at me.” Why can't you just leave me the fuck alone?! I'm in love with him. I always have been. I'm going to marry HIM! Don't you get it?! I tried it! I didn't like it!”

“Yes you did! You still do!”

“No I don't. Thanks to all your fucking lies, I've been put on a leave until this all blows over.”

“So you're telling me they think your sex life is going to affect your work?”

“No you idiot! It's going to affect their business. You should be happy Rox. I'm unemployed now and can't pay for my wedding. Just what you wanted. I hope you fucking rot in hell!” She turned and left me there.

I didn't know what good it would have done to follow her. It's not like I cared that much anyway right?
Chapter 35 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:



I know I've been terrible about updates this week but I've had some other distractions so I do apologize and I hope to get back on track next week. Thanks for your patience and enjoy!


MEG


This was not how my life was supposed to be. I was a good girl. I wasn't supposed to be playing with girls the way men do. My life had flipped upside down when I was so close to have the dream all little girls grow up having. I had my Prince Charming and she was about to knock him and me off his white horse before we even got a chance to ride off into the sunset. Maybe it's silly but dreams are what keeps people going. If you don't have them, what's the point. I truly believe the only dream Roxy had in hers was to destroy anything and everything that ever made anybody that ever crossed her path happy. Why was she so hell bent on ruining me? Why?!

My dream wedding was turning into a shambles. Now that I was on leave without pay, I couldn't afford to make that final payment on my dress . The caterers still had one last payment to be made. As for the reception hall, that was the only thing set in stone. I was sure the church was going to deny us after Hurricane Roxy swept through but it was the reception hall that politely asked us to relocate; giving us a full refund. Great! It was bad enough Donnie was watching me fall apart but I couldn't help it. My dream was going up in flames and I couldn't do a thing about it. At least I thought I couldn't .

I had to share the bad news with him that Saturday afternoon when he arrived home after his weekly ritual. He needed that as much as I needed to get out and be with my friends but everywhere we went we were hounded by the press. I wasn't sure how much more I could take. I knew he was used to it and I'd acclimated to the amount we received as a couple but Roxy had set a whole new standard for paparazzi harassment. Sharon and I HAD been enjoying a Zumba class every Saturday afternoon but we'd been forced to order a DVD and stay in. To say I hated Roxy for practically making me a recluse would be an understatement.

“Are you doing okay Meg?” Sharon inquired as we made our way into the kitchen for some water after our workout.

“You mean the reception hall thing? I'm fine. It's just that I can't pay for my dress and they said they'd only hold it another two weeks before they put it back out. I don't want them to do that Share. It's my dream dress,”I turned to her with a bottle for her and myself; closing the door behind me. We returned to the living room and flopped down on the couch together. Amazing how synchronized she and I were some days.

“Meg, let me help you on this. Please? You're my best friend and I've been there the entire journey. That little bitch Roxy is not going to ruin your big day. You've got a man that's been in love with you forever and took that long to get here. You deserve to have the happy ending.”

“I know. I just don't know how we're going to get around all this though. I have a feeling if that story hadn't come out, my wedding dress would still be available up to the day of the wedding itself as well as everything else.”

“So let me help you. You've been there for me more times than I can count. Let me be there for you.”

“You really want to do this for me?”

“Meg, you and Donnie belong together. You had a moment of weakness. You moved on. She's the only one that needs to get a life.”

“Let's go get my dress paid for then. After we freshen up of course.”

“You got it girl.”

It was the first time in two weeks a smile had lit up my face. Something was finally going right.



DONNIE


Jon had come into town and was looking for a place of his own being as he'd been here more and more. It was only natural. I told Meg I was going golfing so we could surprise her with some good news. Seemed as though everything was falling apart around us because of the tabloid stories. Yes, there was more than one, then when Roxy made her television debut, the producers pulled me into the office and told me in no uncertain terms that I needed to get this under control or I would be out of a job. It's not like major players don't ever get written out of shows. We all know this. I was looking at the view out the window in the place Jon was considering when he approached.”Everything okay with you and Meg?”

I turned to him and answered.”Believe it or not, this whole media blitz due to Roxy has made US all that much stronger but I am worried about her. She keeps going on about not getting her dream dress and I don't know what to do because she won't let me make the last payment on it.”

Jon chuckled.”That right there is just a girl thing but maybe I could help out.”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you know where her dress is?”

“I think she mentioned it. Why?”

“Well if I can find that out, I can go make the payment and she'll have her dress. I've watched you two go through enough for this wedding to not happen. Hang on.”He pulled out his cell phone and dialed her number.”Hey Meg. How's my favorite bride to be?”

I only got bits and pieces of the conversation but from what I could tell, he was about to make my soon to be wife a very happy woman.

“Let's go,”he ordered as he ended the call.

“She told you?”

“Of course. I'm the best 'girlfriend' a girl could have,”he joked but I thanked God that she had him.

“What about this?”

“I already made an offer earlier today. I just wanted to see what you thought.”

“You're nuts.”

“Yeah but you're fiancé is about to become one very lucky bride. She and Sharon are going to meet us for dinner.”

Sure enough, when she found out Jon had taken care of the dress that even Sharon had offered to help her pay off, she hugged the life out of him before sitting down. It was the first time we'd actually been in public since all of it came to public knowledge. There wasn't a whole lot we could do because it was partially true and I didn't want Meg to have to deal with it. It was bad enough she was having to go through all this. She was happy and that's all that mattered right now.
Chapter 36 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:


Sadly, we are at the end of this little journey. Thank you for all the support. I already miss Meg and Donnie. Don't you? :p Enjoy!
Strange Magic
Copyright 2012
By Terri

Chapter 3 6

DONNIE

Our wedding day arrived without much more incidence. We just moved the reception being as it was a small event. Just a few close friends and our families were in attendance. Even after everything that had happened, we made it. Not even Hurricane Roxy could change that. Speaking of which did I tell you what happened the day Jon went to pay for her dress? It shouldn't matter now but I feel this need to share. I mean if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be staring at the most beautiful bride in the world. It took us a lifetime to get here but my Meg finally got her dream day. I wasn't going to take that away from her.

“She looks absolutely stunning doesn't she?” Jon commented when he approached me at the reception.

“There are no words. She's happy. That's all I need,”I replied as she danced with her father. I watched as the tears rolled down her cheek and she smiled my way. I winked in return. If I hadn't been so stupid so many years ago....No, we were still madly in love despite every force that tried to separate us. Nothing could ruin this day.

“Does she know?”

“Know what?”

“About the dress.”

“No. She still thinks you paid for it.”

“You didn't pay for it?”Sharon came upon their conversation.

Jon turned to her and explained,”We got to the shop to pay for it and I was told that somebody had already taken care of it. When I asked them who, they gave me a dead on description of you know who.”

“You mean?” Sharon's eyes widened.

“We couldn't believe it either but we weren't about to put any further burden on Meg. She deserves to have a beautiful wedding just like every other girl in the world.”

“I agree. By the way Donnie, the groom's cake is scrumptious,”Sharon commented and smirked before walking away to socialize with some of the other guests.

“What's up with that?” Jon asked curiously.

Donnie blushed then answered,”Meg and I had a little taste testing party of our own.”

“No need to go on.”

“Do women ever not talk about everything with their best friends?”

“I don't think so.”

“You think she'll tell Meg?”

“She loves Meg just as much as I do, you're safe there. So where are you taking her for the honeymoon?”

“Yeah. Where are you taking me for our honeymoon?”I heard her out of the corner of my ear.

“It's a surprise princess.” I slipped my arm around her waist. She looked absolutely stunning as Jon stated. My Meg, My bride. My wife.



MEG

Everyday I look at my ring and still can't believe that I'm Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg. Crazy I know but considering all the hell we went through but for the first time in a long time, I felt secure. That nothing could break me. There was a time when I wasn't so sure but Donnie never faltered in his faith in me. Sure I screwed up. I screwed up in a major way but I'd been seeing a therapist and working through it. I love him. When you get a man that gives you the world and asks for nothing in return, that's when you know you have the fairytale.

After a honeymoon of endless white sand beaches, we returned home. We were sorting through our gifts when I came across a card; no gift attached. Odd I thought but I opened it and studied the front of it. It was one of my Disney princesses on the front of it and on the inside there was a note.


You looked beautiful in that dress. I knew you would. I know there are a lot of reasons to hate me but know the one reason I had to see you in that dress. Despite what they all think, I do have a heart under all the messed up things I've done. I'm hoping that this is a new beginning for me and I wish you all the best in yours. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy. I can see that he makes you happy Goddess.



I felt the card slip from my hand and it wasn't until Donnie took mine that I zapped out of my trance.

“Are you okay princess?”

My gaze met his and I point blank inquired of him,”Did you know about this?”

“About what?”

“Roxy .”

“That she paid for the dress?”

“Yes.”

He nodded.

I think he was unsure of what was going on in my head so he remained quiet as I contemplated what he he had just verified.”Why didn't you tell me?”

“I wanted you to be Roxy free on your big day. Since that first time she disrupted our life, I wanted something to be completely about us. Just us. And it was.”

“Did you know she was there?”

He shook his head negatively and replied,”Does it really matter now?”

“No.”

“Does it matter that she paid for the dress and we kept it from you?”

“No. Thank you.”

“For what?” He looked at me; puzzled.

“For giving me the best wedding gift ever,” I replied and rewarded him with a kiss. I could have got pissed off for him and the rest of them for withholding it from me but I know they did it because they cared about my true happiness. I may have made a mistake by letting Roxy into my life but as far as I was concerned, she was a part of our past. A strange magic that cast it's spell on us then gave ME the one thing she never could; the happily ever after.


THE END
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10763