Emotionally Green by girlboo02
Summary:

 

Green is a color that's thought to encourage emotional stability and calmness. Therefore it's believed to help with emotional issues, such as trust, compassion and the ability to cope with change.

 

Brians world is rattled when he learns his name is on the birth certificate of a young girl who was abused. Is Brian really her father? What will come of the young girl? Will either of them ever be ok?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Group, Other
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Suspense
Warnings: Child Abuse
Challenges:
Series: The Color Psychology Series
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 21361 Read: 40360 Published: 03/21/13 Updated: 05/06/13
Story Notes:

 

 photo colors2_zps7d546129.jpg

 

Thank you so much to my friend, Honey who found these photos and made this for me.

1. Pre-word from author by girlboo02

2. Chapter 1 by girlboo02

3. Chapter 2 by girlboo02

4. Chapter 3 by girlboo02

5. Chapter 4 by girlboo02

6. Chapter 5 by girlboo02

7. Chapter 6 by girlboo02

8. Chapter 7 by girlboo02

9. Chapter 8 by girlboo02

10. Chapter 9 by girlboo02

11. Chapter 10 by girlboo02

12. Chapter 11 by girlboo02

13. Chapter 12 by girlboo02

14. Chapter 13 by girlboo02

15. Chapter 14 by girlboo02

16. Chapter 15 by girlboo02

17. Chapter 16 by girlboo02

18. Chapter 17 by girlboo02

19. Chapter 18 by girlboo02

20. Chapter 19 by girlboo02

21. Chapter 20 by girlboo02

22. Chapter 21 by girlboo02

23. Chapter 22 by girlboo02

Pre-word from author by girlboo02

I have been MIA for a while. It has been due to my battle depression and some other personal issues. I know many of my readers love my other stories and want to see those finished. I am thankful for your support of these stories. Right now the depression has taken away my vision for those stories. I am working on them slowly and hope to be able to update soon. In the meantime I came by an old story on here recently that seemed to be abandon. I loved the idea of the story and it being unfinished sparked the urge to write again inside of me. After many attempts i finally contacted the author of that story and got her blessing to take the ideas and themes and settings from that story and recreate it into my own work. I hope you all will enjoy this. It has become a wonderful spirit lifter for me.

 

Without further adieu, I give you book one of my new series: The Color Psychology Series

Chapter 1 by girlboo02

It was a sunny day in the busy town of Las Angeles. The sun made it unusually warm for this time of year. Despite the beautiful day outside a dance studio in the town was booming with music. Inside were the five backstreet boys.

“Alright guys, let’s run that last number once more. Make it good. This is our last rehearsal.” A chorographer shouted.

Music filled the air and the boys sprang in to action. As sweat cover their faces and bodies they danced as they had been taught. They didn’t even bother singing along to the song. They were much too tired to care. Finally when the music ended their dance instructor clapped, “Do it just like that on tour and you’ll be great.”

The boys smiled. Partially they were glad they had gotten it perfect. The other part of them however was just glad rehearsal was over. It meant they could get out of here and rest before kicking off tour. They were pumped and ready as ever to get on the road though.

“You guys are free to go!” He yelled.

“Yes!” Howie softly cheered. He needed a drink; they all did.

Walking over to a small table they grabbed their water bottles and quenched their thirst.

“Yo Rok,” Nick paused to take a breath. “You still come over to watch the game tonight?”

Brian nodded but looked a little spaced out. They only had the rest of today and all day tomorrow before they had to leave for tour. He knew his girlfriend would want to spend as much time with him as possible. “Nick, I want to but Jennifer…”

Alex cut him off, “Has Bri Bri on short leash.” He and a few others laughed.

“No, I’m not on any leash. I was gonna say that she’s gonna wanna spend time with me.”

Nick seemed to pout a little but suddenly his face lit up, “Bring her too. She likes Sports. The boys are at Erica’s till tomorrow night so it would just be us adults.”

“You really wanna be the third wheel?” Kevin butted in wiping a towel over his forehead.

“I’m sure I can drum up a girl.” He said looking to Brian.

“Ya know, actually there’s some girl Jenny keeps wanting you to meet. She’s been going on and on about how perfect you two would be together. Maybe I could get Jenny to invite her along and it could be like a double date?” Brian knew Nick had really been looking forward to watching this game with him.

“Alright, I guess that’s cool.” Nick nodded.

Howie butted in, “See ya at the airport Sunday. If I don’t get home before Max he’ll be sitting outside waiting.” He slung a duffle bag onto his shoulder.

“Why don’t you just hide a key? He couldn’t forget it if it was outside.” Kevin suggested.

“My luck he’d forget where I hid it.” The guys laughed a little and Howie waved goodbye. “Later!” They told him goodbye and he left.

The rest of them exchanged a little more conversation before Kevin and Alex left also.

Brian and Nick walked together outside. “So what time should we be there?” Brian asked.

“What about 6:30. I can order some pizza.” Brian nodded,

“Sound’s great.”

“What’s this chick’s name anyhow?” Nick wondered.

“Uh…Shayla?” He questioned trying to remember. “No, no, Sara.”

“Sara? Isn’t that a little old fashion?” Nick’s nose wrinkled a bit.

“I dunno, Jenny swears she’s perfect for you though so don’t worry.” Brian tried to reassure him.

Nick nodded. He knew he could trust Brian. His girlfriend however was a different story.

Brian simply smiled, patted his shoulder and walked away to his car. The drive home was nice and quiet. He liked quiet drives. The fact it was nice outside added to the pleasure. Upon pulling into his driveway he found himself confused. His girlfriend’s car was there. He had given her a key for emergencies but she never used it. Plus she was supposed to be at work.

He parked his car next to hers and grabbed his duffle bag from the seat next to him. He got out and walked towards the front door. After unlocking it he stepped inside and called out to her, “Jenny?”

“Bri!” she rushed towards the entryway.

He let his bag drop to the floor and wrapped his arms around her waist as she reached him. “I thought you were working.” He smiled and then gave her a quick kiss.

“I got to leave early. I couldn’t wait to spend our last few hours together.” She pulled away from his hug finally.

He just smiled at her. She really was wonderful. Of course, his smile dropped remembering he had to ask her about going to Nick’s. He feared she wouldn’t want to go.

“What’s wrong babe?” She placed a hand on his neck.

“I, well Nick and I, wanna watch the game tonight and well, I was hoping we could make it a double date if you don’t mind.”

“Double? With who?” She asked knowing that Nick was very single.

Brian couldn’t read her face to see if she seemed mad or not. “Actually, Nick agreed to let you set him up with that Sarah girl.” He smiled.

“Really?” She instantly looked excited.

Brian nodded and Jennifer’s arms came around him again.

“This is great! He’ll love her I’m sure of it. I’ll call her now.” Before Brian could respond she practically ran away from him to get her phone.

He just shook his head, picked up his bag and headed upstairs. Jennifer called Sarah who was very excited and jumped at the chance to meet Nick. The two made arrangements for she and Brian to pick her up.

After that Jennifer hurried to give Brian the good news. Jennifer then spent the next little while helping Brian pack until it was time for him to get ready to go to Nick’s. Both of them hoped things between Nick and Sarah would go great.

Chapter 2 by girlboo02

Meanwhile in the small town of summerset, Kentucky a young girl stepped off a yellow school bus and adjusted her backpack as she walked to the sidewalk.

She felt nervous as she began walking down the street towards her home. If her mother was working late again it would mean she would be alone with Tyler, her mom’s boyfriend.

The last few times she and Tyler were alone things went terribly. Tyler took full advantage of being alone with her and forced himself on her.

She tried to tell her mother about the sexual assault but she hadn’t believed her. In fact her mother had punished her for saying such “horrible lies” about the man she loved.

Needless to say her home life was not good. She hated being home. She often thought about running away but with nowhere to go she decided staying was the better choice. Sure she was sexually assaulted and often beat but she was clothed, fed and had a roof over her head.

As she reached her home she found only Tyler’s red pickup truck in the driveway. She almost felt like crying. She stopped for a second and considered staying outside till her mom came home. The more she thought about it however the less it seemed like a good idea.

She knew if Tyler caught her sitting outside he would be pissed and his wrath would be even worse. If her mother caught her outside she would be angry also because it would mean her homework wasn’t finished. She’d get beat for sure if it wasn’t finished.

Knowing the only option was to go inside she prayed for a miracle. Maybe, just maybe Tyler would be sleeping and she could sneak to her room without him seeing her. If she could just make it to her room then she could lock herself inside and be safe.

She took a deep breath and ever so slowly opened the front door. It squeaked a little and she froze for a second.

Hearing nothing she continued inside and softly shut the door. So far, so good. She turned and saw him sleeping on couch. Her room was a mere few steps away. As she began to move towards the safety of her room she stepped on one of the dogs squeaky toys. Her breath caught in her chest as her eyes shut tight.

On the couch she heard Tyler waking up. Her heart began to beat rapidly. “Well hello there.”

She heard him stand and she opened her eyes. She stood perfectly still and said nothing.

“Your mom’s not here yet so we have time to play a bit.” He moved towards her

. “Please…” She almost whimpered trailing off.

“Come on sweetie, don’t be like that. We both know you love my extra special attention.” He placed his hand on her shoulder and rubbed it a little. His tall, skinny yet built frame seemed to over tower her. “After all, the attention I give you is so much better than the attention your mom gives you.”

 

“No, please.” She tried not to cry. “Please Tyler.”

“Come on babe, you know your begging isn’t gonna help.” He took her backpack off her and placed it on the floor. He then wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck.

Her hands grabbed his bare arms and tried to pull them off but it was useless. He adjusted his grip and lifted her off the ground. She struggled against him as he took her down the hall to the room he and her mother shared.

“Stop, please.”

“Shut up.” He tossed her onto the bed. He was already shirtless so he got to work removing his pants. After wrestling her and getting her clothes off he proceeded to pin her down and please himself. She cried and fought against him the entire time but he was much too strong for her.

Upon finishing he stood and put his boxers back on. “Here,” He said after grabbing something from her mother dresser. He then tossed a small box at her. “Take one of those and put em’ back.” He then put his pants on and threw her clothes at her.

She ignored him however and just continued to cry.

“Do what I said or I’ll give you something to cry about.” He snarled.

She sniffled and did her best to will the tears away. The box he had tossed at her was the morning after pill. He always made her take one. She wasn’t sure why her mother needed them but it was the least of her worries. She knew what they were for and agreed it was a good idea to take one.

She then awkwardly dressed as he watched. After putting the box back where Tyler got it she grabbed her backpack from the living room and then locked herself in her room.

Tears poured down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably. She fell onto her bed and shoved her tear covered face into a pillow. She felt terrible. She could still feel Tyler pressed against her naked flesh. It was the worst feeling ever.

Soon she somehow managed to stop the tears. She had to get to work on her homework. If it wasn’t done when her mom got home she’d be in trouble. Considering she had no idea when her mom would arrive home she tried to hurry.

High school work was hard for her but she pushed herself to do the best she possibly could. It was the one thing she had to be proud of. She wasn’t the smartest but it didn’t matter to her. She gave it her all and that’s what counted in her book.

Not long later her mother could be heard coming in the front door. She could hear Tyler making over her.

She tried to hurry to finish up the last of her math.

“Where is she?” Her mom asked.

Once again her heart began to pound. She was scared because her work wasn’t done.

“Where the brat always is.” He replied.

Suddenly she heard her mother trying to enter the room.

She rushed to unlock the door. Her mom hated when the door was locked.

“How many times do I have to tell you about this door?” Her mom yelled.

“I’m sorry.” She replied.

Her mother shook her head and pushed past her. Reaching her small desk she began to look through her work. “This isn’t finished.”

“It almost is. Science was really hard.” She half lied.

“I don’t give a damn! You know the rules!” She yelled and moved toward her.

The young girl backed against the wall knowing what was coming. “Please mom, I’m sorry.”

Without another word her mother slapped her across the face. Tyler appeared at the door and silently watched as his girlfriend furiously beat the young girl. When she finished the young girl laid on the floor in pain and crying once again. “And no dinner tonight!” Her mom yelled and left the room.

Before leaving Tyler walked over and looked down at her, “Told you my attention is better than hers.” He laughed a little and left.

Chapter 3 by girlboo02

As Brian and his girlfriend neared a terminal gate inside an airport they could see Nick enthusiastically talking to AJ.

“You!” He said spotting Jennifer. He walked away from AJ and patted Brian on the head as he passed right by him.

“Nice to see you too Nick.” Brian sarcastically commented as he watched Nick approach Jenny.

“I have you to thank.” He smiled and hugged her.

She stood looking totally lost, “What for?” She looked at Brian then back to Nick who pulled away.

“For Sarah, she is amazing!” Nick grinned.

Jennifer smiled, “I’m so glad you think so. You two seemed to really hit it off when we came over the other night.”

“Oh they did more then hit it off.” AJ added walking over.

“We spent four hours on the phone last night talking.” Nick explained.

“Wow, I’m impressed.” Brian grinned. He was glad to see Nick liked Sarah so much. He had thought she seemed like a great girl and he knew it was long past time for Nick to find a girl like her.

“He’s like a love sick puppy.” Justin shook his head as he suddenly appeared with the adults.

“Oh hush.” Nick retaliated.

AJ and Brian laughed but Jennifer smiled, “That’s really great Nick. I knew you two would be perfect together.”

“Yeah, I mean we aren’t a couple or anything but I can really see it heading in that direction. “

“Justin, give it back now!” Jake stormed up to the group looking angry.

Nick instantly rolled his eyes, “Give what back?”

“My lucky guitar pick, I know he took it.” He crossed his arms over his chest.  The two twins were always at each other.

“I didn’t take your stupid guitar pick.”

“Justin, you always steal his pick.” AJ’s son commented. He had followed Jake over to the group.

“Thanks Drew.” Justin nodded.

“Just give it back to him and both of you stop acting like a bunch of babies.” Nick complained.

“Come on looser.” Justin rolled his eyes and the three children walked away.

“This girl may not stick around long after she gets to know those two.” AJ shook his head.

“Actually she said she didn’t mind my having kids. She even said she respected me for being a good father.” Nick looked a bit boastful.

“Guys, we’ll be boarding in ten minutes. “ A crew member commented quickly walking over.

“Ok, thanks.” Brian told him and watched as he walked away.

“You better call Kevin, he’s not here yet.” Jennifer walked close to him.

“Yeah…” He trailed off and put his arms around her. “I still wish you were coming with me.”

“I’ll come out to visit when I can.” She reassured him.

He kissed her gently and ran his fingers through her blond hair. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too baby.” She kissed him again then said goodbye and walked away.

“You two are so cute you make me sick.” AJ teased him.

“Shut up and call Howie.” He said and pulled out his own phone. He dialed Kevin’s number but just as he was about to hit the call button he spotted his cousin.

“Dude, you’re never late.” Brian commented.

“I know, I forgot to set my alarm.” The older man shook his head and looked around. “Please don’t tell me Kristen hasn’t showed up.”

“Nope, sorry Cuz.” Brian told him.

He never said a word in return. He just pulled out his cell phone and made a call.

“Where are you?” He asked.

Brian watched as his cousin seemed to get agitated. Ever since the divorce he always got upset when he talked to Kristen.

“I don’t care. You said you’d have him here.”

“Howie said he’d be here in a second.” AJ placed his phone back in his pocket.

“Damn it Kristen, we have a custody agreement. You can’t keep him from me.” Kevin looked enraged now.

AJ and Brian stood silently watching the eldest member of their group.

“I don’t care what he did or didn’t do at school. You can’t punish him by grounding him from tour.” It was obvious he was holding in rage.

“Ya know what; I’ll just call my lawyer.” He paused. “Oh so when I decided to get legal you decide to back off?”

“Makes me glad Drew’s mom took off.” AJ shook his head.

“Makes me glad I’m not a dad.” Brian agreed.

“My flight leaves any minuet. There’s no way you’ll make it.” Again he paused, “No, he isn’t flying alone.”

“Hey guys, is he on the phone with Kristen?” Howie said walking up with Max.

They just nodded and kept watching Kevin.

“I don’t… Wait, I’ll have Andre come get him. The two of them can catch the next flight out.” He ran a hand over his face. “Yeah, tell him to start packing.” He nodded. “ok, bye.”

As he hung up he walked towards the body guards but paused at the guys as he did, “She tried to ground him from coming on tour without telling me because he cut gym class and was caught making out with his girlfriend.”

With that he walked away. The boys looked at each other for a moment. Brian then broke the awkwardness by saying, “So, weathers been kinda crazy huh?”

Chapter 4 by girlboo02
Author's Notes:

one good thing about being home from work sick is you have time to give an extra update. Enjoy!

Monday had come all too slowly. The weekend had been long and rather painful. The young girl had been beaten twice more.

With Monday however came school. School was a break from the pain.

Today it was unusually hot for the time of year it was. Even the news said it was record breaking.

As she reached the bus stop and climbed on board she took note of the other kids all wearing shorts and t-shirts. They laughed looking at her. She wore long jean pants and long sweater over a t-shirt.

It seemed like a dumb choice but she had to. If she dressed weather appropriate the kids and school staff would see the marks and bruises that decorated her arms and legs.

She silently took a seat near the back of the bus by herself. She closed her eyes and tried her best to block out the teasing of the other children. The heat made her extremely uncomfortable and sweat dripped down her forehead.

Before she knew it, she blacked out completely.

When she came to she was no longer on the bus. She had a slight pain in the top of her left hand and she was lying down.

Her eyes blinked open and fear instantly washed over her. She was in a hospital room. She had an IV in her hand and was lying in a hospital bed wearing a gown.

She tried to sit up but felt dizzy as she did.

“Lay down sweetie, you’re ok.” A black woman in scrubs was in her room.

“What’s going on?” her voice was soft.

“The bus driver found you passed out. The doctor thinks you had a heat stroke of sorts.” She explained as she finished checking the monitors.

“I feel fine now, can I leave?” She asked. She was afraid of her mother finding out she was here.

“No sweetie, there are some detectives here you need to speak to first.”

Her heart jumped into her mouth and tears stung her eyes. “Where’s my mom and Tyler?” She was scared.

“Don’t you worry, everything is gonna be fine. Since you feel fine I’ll send them in now.” With that she left.

The young girl looked around her. She had to get out of here. As she tried to sit up however two people walked into her room.

“Hi, I’m Detective Kathy and this is my partner Detective Nick.” Her shoulder length red hair was pretty.

She laid back and just looked at them.

“We got a call from a doctor. He reported that he found signs of child abuse.” The man with jet black hair explained.

The tear she had been holding back began to fall.

“Don’t cry, we are here to help you.” Kathy tried to assure her.

It didn’t help much. She was scared. When her mom and Tyler found out they both would kill her.

“Whatever is happening at home… we can make it stop. You just have to tell us all the details.” Nick tried to approach her bed but she instantly looked more afraid. He noticed and step back as he glanced at his partner.

The room was silent for a moment. She replayed his comment in her head, ‘we can make it stop.’ Was that really true?

“Uh, Nick why don’t you give us some girl time?”

He nodded at Kathy and stepped into the hall.

“Why don’t we start by you telling me how those bruises got all over you?”

She opened her mouth but closed it back. She looked towards the door and whispered, “Where’s my mom and Tyler?”

“They aren’t here. You don’t have to be afraid. I’m going to protect you.”

She looked at her deeply. She wanted it to be true. She wanted to trust that it wasn’t a lie.

“Did your mom and Tyler put the bruises on your arms and legs and stomach?” Kathy asked.

She shook her head, “No, Tyler doesn’t hit me so long as I do what he says.”

Kathy began to take notes on a legal pad. “So then, your mom hits you? She made all these bruises?”

The young girl wiped her tears away, “Yes.”

“What do you have to do to make Tyler not hit you?”

Instantly she had a flash back on Tyler pinning her down. Once again she could feel his hot sticky flesh on hers and she could feel him deep within her.

Tears uncontrollably fell from her eyes, “Please…”

“Please what?” Kathy seemed worried.

“Please don’t let him do it anymore. Don’t make me go back.”

“Honey, I promise you don’t have to go back. I won’t make you. Just help me out and tell me what he did.”

“He, he…” She tried so hard to collect herself. “He makes me have sex with him.” She cried harder. “Every time mom isn’t home he does it. I tried to tell her but she didn’t believe me. She said I was lying and hit me, a lot.”

“Alright, it’s ok now. You don’t have to tell me anymore right now.”

She nodded and hid her face in her hands.

Kathy’s hand gently rested on her shoulder, “I promise I will do everything I can to make him pay for everything he did for you. I promise I’m gonna get your mom too. They will never be able to hurt you again.”

She just kept crying. The tears were somewhat from the pain of having to speak about her pain but they were also full of relief. If this detective wasn’t lying then certainly everything would be ok now.

“I’m going to go speak with my partner and he and I are going to make some phone calls. I’ll let the nurse know your mother and Tyler are not to be anywhere near you. Just rest easy for now and I’ll be back very soon.”

She looked a bit scared to let Kathy go.

“Tell you what; I’ll have someone from hospital security stand guard at your door. I just have to make arrangements for you to come with me once the doctor says you can leave. I’ll be back as soon as I’m done. It’s ok now.” Kathy gave her a warm confident smile.

Chapter 5 by girlboo02

“Come on dad, at least let me call her and tell her I’m grounded from my phone. She’s probably freaking out cause I haven’t talked to her in two days.” Danny stood in a dressing room backstage talking to his father.

“I’m sorry Daniel. You can have your phone back at the end of this week. I think the two of you could use a little break anyway.” Kevin stood firm on the punishment he had handed out for his son’s actions at school.

He wanted to argue back so desperately but he knew better. If he did however, it would certainly end up with him being grounded from his phone for even longer.

“Danny, why don’t you go and find Justin and Jake for me instead of bugging your old man?” Nick tossed out from the other side of the room.

Really he didn’t want to but he figured Nick’s question was more an instruction then it was a favor. “Alright,” He couldn’t help but roll his eyes as he left the room.

As he turned a corner he ran into Brian. Brian hands flew out and caught him just before he could fall to the ground.

“Sorry ‘bout that.” He said gaining his composure.

“It’s alright. Are you ok?” Brian asked him.

The younger boy nodded, “Yeah, I’m just trying to find the twins. Have you seen them?”

“Yeah, last I saw they were outside playing basketball with Max and Drew.” He point behind him.

“Thanks.” He said not sounding very enthused.

“You sure you’re cool?” Brian questioned before letting him go.

“Yeah, it’s just dad. He won’t let me have my phone long enough for me to let Zoe know I’m grounded. She’s gonna think I’m breaking up with her.” Danny seemed very upset. He liked Zoe a lot. They had been dating for almost seven month now.

“I’ll see if I can talk Kev into shooting her text from your cell so she isn’t worried.”

“Thanks Uncle Bri.” He smiled.

The curly haired man messed up his hair and walked away.

Danny walked on in the direction Brian had indicated. Soon he could see a door propped open by a metal chair. Through the gap in the door he could see some of the body guards smoking and chatting.

Opening the door he started to ask, “Hey have you guys seen,” He stopped as he spotted them. “…Never mind.”

“There are no do overs. You missed, get over it.” Drew laughed.

“I suck at basketball.” Max shook his head.

“Jake, Justin, your dad wants you.” Danny cut it.

“Must be time to get ready for the show.” Justin tossed the basketball at Drew.

“Yeah, later guys.” Jake agreed and off they went. Their two body guards followed them in.

“So, what’s the word humming bird?” Drew tossed the ball at Danny who almost missed it due to not paying attention.

“Uh, nothing.” He shook his head and took a shot. He missed.

“You miss Zoe don’t you lover boy?” Max teased.

He did. He missed her a lot. The problem was that he couldn’t admit it to his guy friends. “Nah, I’m good.” He lied.

“Whatever, the second you got here Kev confiscated your cell and you haven’t talk to her since. Admit it, you’re like a lost love sick puppy.” Drew now shooting the ball as he laughed.

Danny was a bit embarrassed, “At least I have a girlfriend to miss.”

“Lame.” Max coughed making drew crack up.

“Excuse me.” The boys heard a voice and looked to see two officers standing near them.

Quickly Tony and Mike, Max and Drew’s body guards walked towards the boys. Andre quickly put out the cigarette he had just lit and came over also.

“Can we help you?” Andre asked.

The boys were a bit nervous.

“We’re here for Brian Littrell.” One of the officers explained.

The boys couldn’t believe what they had just heard. They looked between each other and then to Andre.

“Uh, yeah…” He too seemed taken back.

“Come on boys.” Drew’s body guard, Mike instructed taking them in.

“This way.” Tony and Andre told the officers and took them to find Brian.

As the officers went inside the boys disregarded Mike’s instructions and followed them.

“Uh, Brian…” Andre got his attention as he and officers walked in the room.

Tony tried to convince the boys to go away but they refused and entered the room.

“Uncle Bri, who’d you kill?” Max asked.

Howie quickly smacked the back of his head.

“Brian Littrell?” An officer questioned.

“Yes sir,” He stepped forward.

“We have a warrant for your expedition to the state of Kentucky for questioning.”  He pulled some papers out of an envelope and handed them to him.

Brian’s heart jumped into his through as he and Kevin read over the papers.

“You’ll need to come with us.” He insisted.

“I, My lawyer, the concert…” Brian was at a loss for words.

“You can contact your lawyer on the way and I’m sorry about the concert but we can’t do anything about it.” The second officer said and stepped forward. He grabbed Brian upper arms gently.

“Is he under arrest?” Kevin worried.

“No, not at this time.”

Brian wanted to cry. He was confused. He couldn’t think of anything he had done wrong.

“Let’s go.”

With that they took Brian from the room and whist him away.

Chapter 6 by girlboo02

“Emersen?” She looked up and saw a woman in a dress suit enter the room. Her hair was pulled back into a long smooth ponytail.

She looked nervously at her as he bit her lower lip.

“My name is Ms. Cheryl. I’m your caseworker.” She moved over and sat in a chair near the hospital bed Emersen sat in.

“Hello.” She lightly spoke. “Where’s detective Kathy?” She remember her saying she’d be back.

“I spoke to the doctor and they feel you are good enough to be discharged.” She gave her a warm smile. “Kathy is working on your case.” She added.

The smile didn’t make her feel any better. She had no idea what was going on and what was going to happen to her. She decided to be brave and enquire, “What happens to me now?”

The woman nodded, “That’s why I’m here. For now you are going to be placed with a foster family. Right now the prosecutor is working on stripping your mother’s parental rights. Everything is pending on that.”

Emersen clutched at her bed sheets and swallowed hard. That didn’t sound promising. “So if they can’t take me away from her forever…” She couldn’t finish.

“They will, after everything those two did to you… you shouldn’t worry. Okay?”

She nodded.

“Once we are done here a police officer is going to go with us to your home and we are going to collect your person belongings. Your mother and her boyfriend are still being held in jail without bond so you don’t need to be concerned about seeing them.” Cheryl stood and walked closer to her bed.

“So I go stay with a foster family and then what?” She wouldn’t make eye contact. She was scared.

“Actually, sweetie, we’re trying to contact your father. Once we get in touch with him he’s going to be questioned. They prosecutor and detective have a few thing they are worried about but I’m hopeful that everything will check out and you can go be with him.”

Emersen’s eyes lit up slightly. “My father? You mean my real dad?”

Ms. Cheryl rested her hands on the rail of the bed, “Yes.”

“I… how do you know who he is so you can look for him? My mom has never even told me anything about him let alone let me meet him or… anything.” She sat up a little straighter. Her interest had been caught.

“His name is on your birth certificate.”

Suddenly a knock came to her door and a nurse entered. “I’m here with your discharge papers.”

“The state has temporary custody so I’ll be taking care of signing them.” Ms. Cheryl explained.

A while pasted but finally Emersen found herself walking out of the hospital with Ms. Cheryl. Her physically bruises had begun to heal but she still felt broken.

An officer stood outside the doors and greeted them. He agreed to follow them to the home Emersen had grown to fear.

They got into her car and took off. She knew she wasn’t supposed to be afraid but she was.  The fear grew as she neared the home. Pulling into the driveway tears filled her eyes.

“Are you sure they aren’t in there?”

“I positive but if it make you more comfortable I’ll have the officer go in first and check.”

Emersen nodded as she took of her seat belt and sniffled, “Can he make sure my mom’s bedroom door is closed too? A lot of bad stuff happened in there.”

She briefly placed a hand on her shoulder, “Of course.”

Ms. Cheryl then got out of the car and spoke to the officer. Soon after, he entered the home. A short while later he came out and spoke to Ms. Cheryl again. She then came over and open Emersen’s car door.

“No one is inside and he closed the door you asked about. Are you ready to go in?”

She nodded and slowly stood. She followed Ms. Cheryl inside and the officer followed her. She looked around her home as she walked in. She noticed a wooden chair in the dining room away from the table.

“Mom and Tyler made me sit there a lot and watch them eat.” She paused, “Sometimes when I got my dinner taken away they would just let me go in my room.”

“Never again, ok?” Ms. Cheryl said as the officer shook his head hearing her story. “Let’s just get your stuff.”

Emersen nodded and showed them to her room. On the way down the hall she couldn’t help but point out a hole in the wall. She explained it happened the first time Tyler raped her. She had been kicking him and her foot went through the old drywall as he lost his footing and stumbled.

Continuing on she reached her room. It was tiny and not very nice. It didn’t hold very many good memoires either but she kept most of those to herself.

Near silently she packed all of her things into two large suit cases, a box and her back pack. It was almost depressing how her stuff fit into such a small space.

“Is that anything?” Ms. Cheryl asked.

Emersen nodded looking around her room again. Her eyes landed on an empty space of wall and suddenly thought and images rushed into her brain. Many times she stood pressed against that spot as her mother beat her.

A lump grew in her throat as her eyes  looked to her bed. It was the place she had cried. She had laid there and prayed, ‘If there is a God please rescue me.’ And hopes she was being heard.

Tears again filled her eyes and she turned to Ms. Cheryl, “Please I just want to go now. I’m done. I wanna move on. I never wanna come back.”

“Yes, let’s go sweetie.” The two of them walked out of the house and the officer followed. “You never have to come back here Emersen. There are a lot of people working to make sure of it.”

Emersen nodded.

“I promise, right now, this moment,” She paused and made direct eye contact with her, “Is the start of something good.”

Chapter 7 by girlboo02

“Mr. Littrell, take a seat.” Detective Nick harshly instructed.

“Easy Detective.” His lawyer warned.

They all walked into a room. Detective Kathy entered last and closed the door behind her.

“I refuse to answer any question until you tell me what this is all about.” Brian demanded. No one had told him anything. This was the first he had gotten tot alk to anyone that even knew anything.

“You’re being investigated for your possible connection to a child abuse and rape case.” Kathy explained. She looked angry toward Brian.

Brian’s face became confused and shocked. He looked to his lawyer as his heart jumped into his mouth.

“Detectives, I can assure you my client has had nothing to do with anything of the sort.”

“That’s nice of you to say Mr. Lowell but I don’t buy it.” Nick began. He ran his hand through his dark hair then looked to Brian who was very upset.

Brian worried maybe a fan had lied and said he hurt them.

“What I can’t believe is that you would actually go along with it all.” Kathy accused.

Brian shook his head and clasped his hands together.

“You call yourself the golden boy and claim to be Christian all while allowing the mother of your child to beat the crap out of her. I mean why would a “man of God” not report that?” Nick nearly shouted.

“The what of my what?” Brian practically screeched and turned a little pale.

“Don’t act like you have no idea what we’re talking about.” Nick warned.

“You know Nick, he probably didn’t report it cause he was getting in on the action too.” Kathy offered.

“I’ve heard enough, we’re done here.” Mr. Lowell stood. “My client does not have any children.”

“Oh really?” Nick asked grabbing a sheet of paper from a folder Kathy held. “Explain this then?” He slapped the paper on the table in front of Brian. “You’re name, birth date and birthplace on her birth certificate.”

Mr. Lowell sat back down and began looking over what was a copy of a girl birth certificate.

Brian’s body began to shake a little and he felt as though he may puke. All the information matched him.

“Brian?” His lawyer questioned.

“This has to be lie.” He shook his head. “I…” he looked at the mother’s name and info. Tonya Derringer was her name and it didn’t ring any bells for Brian’s. “No, this must be a fan or something.” Brian insisted.

Everyone in the room got silent. They all exchanged awkward looks.

“So, you never knew anything about a daughter?” Kathy asked.

“No, I swear. I can’t have a child.” Brian fought the urge to cry. All of this was just too much to bare.

Kathy and Nick looked at each other.

“I’m demanding a DNA in order to further prove my client innocents in the matter.” Mr. Lowell told them.

“Of course, I agree.” Kathy said.

“I’ll call the lab and have them send someone right away to get a sample from you.” Nick nodded.

“Rush it!” Mr. Lowell looked very angry.

The two detectives nodded and left the room quickly.

“I’m a virgin. I can’t be a father. You have to help me.” Brian insisted as he turned to Lowell.

“Don’t worry Brian.” He patted his shoulder.

“What if the press finds out? I’ll be doomed.” Brian pressed on.

“They won’t.” He was calm. Brian needed the calm to help him relax. “Here, call your cousin. I’m sure he’s worried sick.” He slid Brian’s cell phone towards him.

Brian nodded. It was a good idea.

Dialing Kevin’s number he almost held his breath.

“Bri, hello?” Kevin sounded a bit freaked out.

“It’s me. I’m ok.” He assured the older man as he stood and walked to window.

“What’s going on?” Kevin asked.

Brian looked out the window, “They thought I had something to do with child abuse and rape. I guess my name is on some little girl’s birth certificate. They thought I knew about the abuse and allowed it.”

“Brian, that’s ridiculous.”

“I know, Lowell demanded a DNA test. I just… I can’t believe they think I knew about… that.”

A moment of silence passed on the line. Brian really didn’t know what to say.

“Brian…” Kevin broke in.

“Yeah?” He scratched his head and sat down.

“Are you sure this kid isn’t yours?” Kevin asked.

“No way, you have to have sex to produce a child Kevin.” Brian seemed offended.

“What? Bria-“

Suddenly the door to the room opened and the detectives came in with a third person wearing a white lab coat.

“I gotta go Kevin.” Brian quickly said.

“No, wait Brian. I think you-“ It was too late. Brian hung up on Kevin and never heard the rest of what he was saying.

The man from the lab simply collected two DNA samples from Brian and left. Brian then was told he was free to go but quickly explained he was not to leave the state.

End Notes:

I'm glad you all are liking this story. Thank you so much for reading and leaving reviews!

Chapter 8 by girlboo02

Emersen sat on a bed with her back against the wall. He knees were drawn up and her arms hugged them. She had pretty much been glued to the bed since she had arrived at the foster home.

The foster home was nice. It was far nicer from the home she had known. It did however have 5 other kids in it. That made the house far noisier from the home she had known. It was a big change.

Her foster mother, Connie was nice. She had come to check on her regularly. She hadn’t really met the three boys in the house. The two girls however shared a room with her. They seemed nice but she had only spoken to them a little.

They seemed to understand that she was emotionally hurting and left her alone. She needed to be alone. Everything she had been through, and so quickly, was a lot to handle.

She heard a soft knock on the door. Assuming it was Connie checking on her again she said, “I’m fine.”

The door opened slowly. “Emersen, Someone is here to see you.” Connie said peaking in.

Emersen was confused; she looked up at the door.

Connie disappeared. The door swung open and in walked Detective Kathy.

“Hi, sweetie. How you holding up?” She walked over and sat on the bed.

Emersen shrugged and sighed deeply.

“Are you ok?” She seemed worried about the young girl.

“Yeah,” She whispered. “Ms. Cheryl said I have to stay here until they figure something out.”

Kathy nodded, “Yeah, hopefully it won’t be much longer.”

Emersen stretched her legs out a bit.

“I actually came to talk to you about everything.” Kathy explained.

“Have you found my dad? Ms. Cheryl said you guys were looking for him.” She tried not to sound too hopeful.

“Well, we did find the man listed on your birth certificate. He says he didn’t know anything about you. He’s highly doubting that he’s your father and has asked for a DNA test.”

Emersen felt like crying.

“I don’t want you to worry at all. We will know for sure with the test.” Kathy tried to reassure her.

Emersen looked around the room. The pale pink walls seemed to be closing in. “If he isn’t my dad…” She trailed off. Licking her lips then clearing her throat she finished, “Then, I’ll be stuck here. Wont I?”

Kathy felt so bad for the girl. She wished she could take away her pain. “For the time being, yes. Nick and I are trying hard to find another family member. Certainly there’s someone.”

Emersen picked up on the fact that her last line had actually been a question rather than a statement.

She shook her head, “I can almost remember my mom’s mom. I was pretty little. I only saw her once or twice. It was a long time ago and she was pretty sick. I think I remember mom saying she died. Other than that, I don’t know of anyone.”

They both sat silent.

“Tyler has parents and a sister. We saw them a lot but… they aren’t actually family.”

Kathy nodded, “Well, like I said before, we are working to figure out something. In the meantime Connie seems very nice.”

“She is, I just, I don’t know.” Emersen was hurting so badly but she couldn’t figure out how to put it into words.

“Everything you’re feeling is normal. It’s gonna take some time but you’ll get better. I’ll talk to some people about maybe getting you into some therapy.”

Emersen nodded. It sounded like a good idea. Maybe someone could help her recover from all this.

“Let’s take the first step together. Connie says you’ve been in the room since you got here. Stand up and lets go outside.” Kathy stood and tried to sound cheery.

Emersen looked at her.

“Come on, you won’t feel any better if all you do is sit and think about all this.” She held out her hand.

Emersen looked at it.

“It’s just a hand.” Kathy smiled.

Emersen nodded and took it. As she stood Kathy led her out of the bedroom.

The other kids in the house noticed but said nothing. They just watched as the two went outside into the bright sun.

“Come on over to my truck, I need to take a sample for the DNA test.”

Emersen followed her over not even daring to say how good the fresh air felt.

“All I need is to swab the inside of your mouth.” Kathy pulled a cotton swab out of her kit.

“Okay.” She had learned Kathy was someone she could trust so without question she opened her mouth.

Kathy took her sample and the secured it. “It’ll be rushed so we should know tomorrow if he’s your dad or not.”

Emersen looked around feeling a bit nervous. Not making any eye contact she asked, “If he is?”

“If he is we find out if he wants custody. If he does we take you both before a judge and have him ask for you. The judge will then have to decide if he’ll get you or not. “

“How does the judge make the choice?”

“Well, she’ll factor in what you want to happen. She factor in whether or not your mom should regain any custody of you or lose you completely.  She also look at how stable he is.”

Emersen nodded.

“I can’t really tell you anything about him but, if this man is your dad and he does want you I have a feeling the judge won’t deny him.”

Chapter 9 by girlboo02
Author's Notes:

Sorry about the mix up, here is THE REAL chapter 9!

Brian lay silently on a bed in a hotel room. Yesterday had been a long day. He didn’t sleep at all.

He needed to call Kevin. He should have last night but he couldn’t. He needed to be alone with his thoughts.

He couldn’t believe his name had been place on a birth certificate. It was the most insane thing he had ever heard.

Okay, so the most insane thing he had ever heard was that he knew something about the kid being abused.

Either way, the whole thing was a big mess. That’s exactly how Brian saw it all. He felt bad for the kid involved but his career was at risk. He had built himself on being a good guy.

His phone began to ring and it jarred him from his thoughts. He could almost bet it was one of the boys.

“Hello?” He didn’t even look at the caller ID. His voice was a little down.

“Brian? You never called back.” Kevin’s voice seemed rather worried.

He took a deep breath, “I’m sorry. I’ve had a lot on my mind.” He admitted.

“What’s the latest?” He had to know.

Brian glanced around his somewhat cold room, “I’m just waiting on the DNA test so I can get back to you guys.”

Kevin was quiet; he wasn’t sure how to bring up what he needed to. “Bri, I think we need to talk about that.”

“Why, what’s there to talk about? I had to take it to prove my name being on that certificate was a mistake.” Brian wasn’t following.

“Brian, cous, what if it wasn’t a mistake?”

“You sound funny. What are trying to get at Kevin?” Now Brian sounded upset. He had said something similar earlier.

“Rok, You don’t remember do you?”

Brian sat up instantly feeling nervous.

“About a year before Nick got Erica pregnant. You, him and AJ went out after I told you all not to. The next day you had a bad hangover. You told me that AJ talked you and Nick into drinking. You told me some of his friends hooked you guys up. You told me that you’d met a girl and went too far and promised never to have sex again.”

“Oh…” Brian trialed off as a feeling of needing to puke washed over him. A brief split memory of himself being with a woman struck the front of his mind. He had long forgotten about it and couldn’t remember anything about the girl other than her hair being the exact same shade of his.

“Brian?” Kevin questioned softly.

“It… it was only one time.” Brian tried not to panic.

“It only takes one time. When was that kid born?”

“I dunno Kevin, I can’t even tell you what the name was. I was too busy looking at my name, and the mothers name… which doesn’t ring a bell.” His hands began to shake.

Kevin didn’t know what to say.

“Oh God, what if this kid IS mine? You don’t think it’s possible do you?”

“I believe in God Brian. Anything is possible.”

“I was afraid you’d say that.” Brian knew he was in trouble.

“What do I do Kevin?” He was now panicking.

“You chill until the results come back. If you are this kids dad then you pray and do whatever you think God is leading you to do and you have faith that I and everyone else will support you… no matter what.”

Kevin really was the best cousin Brian could ever ask for.

Suddenly his other line began to click over.

“I, I gotta go. Someone’s calling. I don’t know the number.” Brian brushed away the single tear that had fallen.

“Alright, let me know. Luv ya Bri.” Kevin quickly hung up.

Brian took a deep solid breath then answered the incoming call.

“Hello?” His voice was a bit leery.

“Mr. Littrell, this is Detective Nick.”

“Yeah, uh… uh hi.” Brian’s nerves were shaken.

“We got the results of your DNA test. We’d like you to come in with your lawyer.”

His hands shook, “I uh, I remembered something.”

“Yes sir?” He questioned.

“I was with someone, once, a long time ago.” Another tear rolled down Brian’s face.

“It’s alright Mr. Littrell, just head on in.”

“Ok.” He nodded even though the man on the phone couldn’t see.

The two men hung up the phone and Brian let his tears fall freely. It wasn’t alright. It wouldn’t be alright if this test was positive. His life would be changed.

After a few moments to himself to cry he called his lawyer then got ready to go.

Not long later he found himself in the same room he had been before looking at Detectives, Kathy and Nick.

“Mr. Litrell?” Kathy began.

“No beating around the bush, let’s just get his over with.” Mr. Lowell interrupted.

“The test was 98.8 percent conclusive that you are the father.” Nick told him and sat a lab report on the table.

Brian entire body began to shake, a few tears fell.

“Brian?” Mr. Lowell questioned.

“I forgot about it.” He cried now. “It was only one time and I swear I haven’t spoken to her since then. I didn’t know we had a child. I promise.”

End Notes:

I hope the next chapter makes more sence now. lol

Chapter 10 by girlboo02

“So, he said he wanted to meet me?” Emersen asked.

She was now in a car with her case worker. She wasn’t entirely sure where they were going. Ms. Cheryl had just simply said that the man was proven to be her father and he wanted to meet her.

“Yes.” She nodded as she drove.

Emersen had so many thoughts racing through her mind. She was also nervous. This could make or break her future.

“Did he say… if he… wants me?” She wasn’t sure if she even wanted to know the answer.

“If he did the detectives didn’t say.” She replied softly. She could tell the girl was feeling uneasy.

Emersen said nothing else. She adjusted the hat on her head and looked out the window as she silently prayed this man would want her. She didn’t want to go back to the foster home.

As they pulled into a parking lot some time later she took a deep breath.

“Ready sweetie?” Ms. Cheryl asked.

Emersen looked at her but said nothing. She then got out of the car and followed Ms. Cheryl inside.

Quite quickly she was taken to a room. It had a table and chairs and a mirror that was obviously a two way mirror.

“You wait here and they’ll bring him in soon. I’ll be back in a little while.” Ms. Cheryl smiled and left the room.

With shaky hands Emersen sat at the table and waited. She tried to take slow deep breaths to keep her nerves down but it was.

Before she even knew it she heard a knock at the door. She looked up and smiled as Detective Kathy walked in.

“Hey, nice to see you again.”

“I’m here to see my father.” She explained.

Kathy nodded, “I know.” She walked over and sat next to Emersen. “I just want to make sure you want to do this. You do have a choice.”

Emersen took a deep breath, “I want to.”

Kathy smiled, patted her shoulder and stood. As she walked towards the door Emersen stood and caught her attention.

“Does he want me?”

Kathy turned around.

“Does my father want me?” She asked again.

Kathy smiled, said nothing and left the room.

Only a moment later the door opened again. Kathy walked back in but this time Detective Nick and another man was with her.

“Emersen, this is your dad Brian.” Kathy smiled as their eyes locked.

“Brian, this is your daughter, Emersen.” Detective Nick spoke.

It seemed like forever that the two stood staring at each other.

Finally she watched as he reached up and wiped a tear away from his eye. She hoped it was a good sign.

He took a step towards her unable to take his eyes off her. She greatly resembled him. He couldn’t believe how beautiful he thought she was so quickly.

“We’re gonna step outside into the hall.” Detective Nick spoke.

Brian nodded.

“If you need me,” Kathy made eye contact with Emersen. “Just yell.”

With that Emersen watched as both detectives left the room.

Brian’s eyes however had not left her.

“Emersen…” Brian tried not to whisper.

She nodded nervously, “Y- Yeah.”

“It’s, uh, It’s great to meet you.” He wasn’t sure what to say.

“It’s great to meet you too.” Her voice was soft.

He took a step towards her, “I’m sorry. I’m normally really outgoing but, all this is, well, a lot to take in.”

Emersen briefly closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and told herself not to be nervous. She feared if she seemed to be afraid that he wouldn’t want her.

“I know, everything happened so fast.” She spoke softly still.

Brian smiled but it quickly faded, “I… I’m really sorry I haven’t been around.”

“It’s ok, they said you didn’t know about me.” She looked briefly at her feet then back to him.

Brian quickly sucked in a deep breath of air as more tears fell, “I feel so terrible. They told me everything that happened to you and… I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you… to save you.”

Brian instantly felt a connection to Emersen and now there was no holding back. It almost surprised him. He however kept in mind what Kevin said about just having faith.

A tear fell from Emersen’s eye now also. She was less sure what to say but the idea of him wishing he could have saved her held so much hope.

“No, I’m sorry. Please don’t cry.” Brian took a few more steps towards her as he wiped his tears away.

She sniffled trying to stop the tears. The silent room around her didn’t help much.

Brian now felt very nervous as he looked at her. He now stood rather close.

“Do you want me?” She whispered not daring to look at him.

It struck a heart string. He swallowed the sudden lump in his throat.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be so forward, I just… I’ve dreamt of knowing you my whole life and now you’re here in front of me and… I just need to know if you want me.”

She looked up at him after another silent moment. Tears now streamed down his face.

“Please, I promise I’ll do whatever you say and I’ll be good and…” She stopped. Begging wasn’t good. It however was in her nature as she often begged her mother and Tyler to stop or not hurt her at all.

His silent crying scared her. Sure he didn’t want her she too began to cry. She sat in the chair behind her and hid her face in her hands.

Suddenly two arms came around her. Her first instinct was to pull back ans be afraid but when she felt that his arms were kind and full of care she collapsed into them a bit.

“I want you. I want you so badly.”

Chapter 11 by girlboo02
Author's Notes:

Here is an extra chapter for today since i boo booed yesterday.

Three days had passed. Brian and Emersen had been granted temporary supervised visitation between the hours of nine AM and nine PM.  They had taken full advantage of their time allowed together.  They were both lucky that Emersen’s foster mother was also a court certified visitation supervisor.

Their first day they stuck around Emersen’s foster home. Connie had been great at helping them break the ice. Her questions to each of them helped a conversation start that allowed both of them to get to know each other better.

The second day Connie had agreed to let them spend time at a nearby park. It was a lovely day so she took a long a book and read as they spent time walking around, swinging and talking more.

Finally today, thanks to a Mr. Lowell requesting a speedy trial they stood waiting to go into a court room. Brian had refused to speak to his band mates. He had spoken to his girlfriend at night but didn’t dare mention his daughter. He wasn’t ready. He had however told management about her and his current situation. They had simply released a statement on his behalf saying he needed a few days to deal with some minor family issues.

The prosecutor had instructed Emersen to stand away from Brian until it was time for their case to be heard. She didn’t want her mother’s lawyers to see that they had gotten so close.

Even with that instruction their eyes locked from across the hall. Neither of them could help it. Brian couldn’t comprehend it but his love for her had grown more quickly than anything he had ever experienced. Emersen, because of her past was reserved but something deep within her that she could not explain enabled her to be trusting of him. There was an indescribable, unimaginable comfort between them.

Soon it was time for their case to be heard. Brian and his lawyer sat at a table with the prosecutor while Emersen was instructed to sit off to the side.

Her breath caught in her lungs and she became extremely uncomfortable and scared as Tyler and her mother were brought into the court room wearing jumpsuits and hand cuffs.

At first her mother’s eyes locked on her. It sent a chill racing down her spine. Her mother’s eyes then traveled to Brian. She looked shocked to see him.

As the proceedings began each side took their turn explaining to the judge why their client should be awarded custody. Then it was time to put people on the stand an interview them.

Emersen’s mother went first. She denied hurting Emersen in anyway and shed obviously fake tears as she claimed to miss her so much. She lied saying Brian knew about their child and refused to have any part of her life because his career was more important to him.

Brian got to go next. He stuck to his guns that he had no idea about Emersen. He explained that he already loved her so much and expressed his deep desire to not only be in her life but rescue her from the obvious abuse she had sustained.

Next Emersen was called. Her body shook as she told about her life of abuse. The defense did their best to rip apart her story. She tried not to cry on the stand but it was so hard. She also got the chance to speak directly to the judge and tell him how she hoped he would find Brian to be the best choice for her. She added to her statement asking that he please keep her mother away from her.

When she stepped down the judge called for a quick recess to allow her to collect herself. After that both Detective Nick and Kathy were called and asked to tell their side of the stories. They stated they believed Brian really had no idea about his child and agreed he was the far better choice for her.

A physiologist that had questioned Emersen a day before meeting Brian was then called. She told the judge how obvious it was that Emersen had been tortured. She said Emersen was very broken and lived in fear of many things. She explained it would take year for Emersen to recover and explained even then the scars would stick to her forever.

Lastly Tyler was called. He had been called by the defense. He had stated up till this point that he would defend Tonya. Emersen feared the judge would believe his statement over hers because he was an adult. His statements however shocked the entire court room. He admitted to raping Emersen and expressed how deeply sorry he was. He told how he witness Tonya beat Emersen on multiple occasions. He told the judge that Emersen would never be safe if the judge didn’t order Tonya as far away from her as possible. He did however stick to confessing his love for Tonya.

As the judge called for another recess to review his notes Detective Kathy walked up to Emersen, “You did great.”

She nodded, “I just hope everything goes how I want it.”

“I’ve been surprised before but I can’t imagine that judge allowing your mother any near you after Tyler jumped sides and said what he did.” Kathy smiled at her in hopes it would bring up her level of hope.

Emersen only nodded and looked to Brian who was still far away from her.

“She looks so broken.” Brian commented to his lawyer.

“She won’t be once you gain custody and get her some help.” He sounded fully confident.

As Brian saw Emersen look at him he couldn’t help but smile. Inside his heart was smashed to pieces for her but he couldn’t and wouldn’t let her see that. He needed to be strong for her.

Brian also was battling with feelings of fear. He worried deeply about how all of this was going to impact his life. He didn’t much care what the fans thought but he did care, maybe too much, about what his family and friends would think. He tried to hold strong to Kevin’s words but it was difficult.

Finally the judge entered the room again and it became silent and at attention. Brian, his team, Emersen, Tonya and her team were asked to stand.

“After hearing the testimony of everyone today and review the evidence I find myself with only one option. I must say, I am completely disgusted by your actions Ms. Derringer. You should be ashamed of yourself. Mr. Littrell, I applaud you for being so quick to step in and your eagerness to care for the minor child. For someone in your shoes I’m sure it isn’t.” He paused the finished. “With that being said I find my only choice is to award full custody to Brian Littrell. I am also placing an indefinite restraining order against Ms. Derringer.” He turned to her and kept talking, “For the remainder of your daughter’s life you are not to come within 100 yards of her.”

He then slammed his gavel down and said, “Court adjourned.”

End Notes:

So now the big question is... What will the boys think and how will Emersen feel meeting them?

Chapter 12 by girlboo02

 

Brian now found himself sitting on a plane in first class next to his daughter. He couldn’t help but notice how quiet she had been since telling Connie goodbye. It actually worried him a little. He hoped it was something that would pass as she got more comfortable.

She seemed to be off in her own world. Her eyes looked as though they were locked in a trance as she stared at the back of the seat in front of her.

“Emersen?” He questioned softly placing a hand on her shoulder.

She jumped a bit and pulled away from his touched. “Sorry.” She quickly corrected realizing it was only Brian touching her.

“Are you alright?” He asked. His eyes were full with genuine concern.

She nodded her head then paused and shrugged her shoulders.

“Talk to me.” His voice was so kind and it warmed her heart. Her heart had been frozen by the bitter cold words she’d endured from her mother and Tyler.

“I’m just… nervous.” She said the last word as she looked away from him.

He took a breath then asked, “Nervous about what?”

She licked her lips and kept looking away from him as she responded, “A lot of stuff. Like, you said your band mates and their kids were looking forward to meeting me. You also said your manager was gonna figure out how to tell your fans about me.”

It was Brian’s turn to lick his lips. He nodded and said, “Yeah, I didn’t really tell them anything about you. Just that I didn’t know about you and how you needed me to take care of you. I did tell them that there was a lot more to it but… I let them know it didn’t need talked about right now.”

“So they don’t know what happened to me?” She asked looking down at her hands. They were folded neatly in her lap.

“No, I figured it was pretty painful and personal. If you want them to know I’m sure you’ll tell them in your own time.” Brian knew he’d have to tell the adults but he figured she didn’t need to know that. He knew he could trust all of them to keep their lips sealed. He also had no plans of going into the details that he knew about.

“Thanks.” She looked out the window.

For a moment there was an awkward silence.

Emersen looked briefly at the floor then back out the window and asked, “What are they like?”

Brian smiled. He couldn’t help it. They were a pretty crazy and yet, amazing bunch. “Well, like I said before, Kevin is my cousin. He’s the oldest. We all give him a hard time a lot and tease him about it. He tends to be the most serious of us all. He defiantly takes on the father role. If it wasn’t for him we probably wouldn’t be as famous as we are. Mainly cause we all tend to be lazy and he keeps us in line and on schedule.”

Brian paused to take a sip of water from his water bottle. He tried to ignore the fact that she still wasn’t looking at him.

“Kevin has a son. His name is Daniel but he hates being called that. Everyone calls him Danny. Danny’s mom, Kristen was married to Kevin but they divorced about two years ago. Danny seems to spend most of his time with her but that’s just because Kristen likes to hoard him.” Brian couldn’t help but roll his eyes thinking about it. “Danny is more like his mom then he is Kevin. He’s not much into music. He loves being in front of a camera though. He’s obsessed with his girlfriend, pretty typical teen boy stuff. Not real athletic but very mature for his age.”

“How old is he?” She asked looking back down at her hands.

“He just turned seventeen two weeks ago.”

She just nodded.

Brian continued on, “Howie is next oldest. He’s the most down to earth guy you’ll ever meet. Of course being Latin he does have a temper but it takes a lot to make him mad. Our fans say he’s the sweet heart of the group. He adopted his God-son, Max after his parent’s died. Max was really young when that happened so he doesn’t really remember them. He’s a pretty good kid, I think he gets that from hanging around Howie. He defiantly knows how to get in trouble though. He full of energy and it just gets the better of his sometimes.”

She nodded.

“He’s 15 by the way.” Brian got a little more comfortable in his seat and looked to her as he kept going, “AJ’s next. He’s the wild child. He’s got all kinds of tattoos and wears a lot of dark colors and jewelry. He’s defiantly looked at as the bad boy. He’s had a rough road to walk which I personal think adds to his image. When you get to know him though, he’s actually just a big teddy bear. He’s struggled with a lot of things and overcoming all of it has softened him up a lot. He had his son, Andrew pretty young. He’s really tough on him but it’s just cause he cares and doesn’t want to see him end up dealing with some of the same things he had to.”

Finally Emersen looked at Brian. He worried she would look away if he made a big deal about it though so he kept talking.

“Andrew is 16. Most everyone calls him Drew. Don’t tell him I told you but when he was little he called himself Drew Drew. That’s how he got the nickname.”

She smiled.

“He’s pushes a lot of limits. I guess you could say he’s just like dad. Don’t get me wrong. He’s not a bad kid. He just… well he’s on the rebellious side of what’s considered a normal teenager.”

“I see.” She softly replied.

“Lastly is Nick. He’s the baby of the group. He’s also the heart throb. Everyone loves Nick. He’s a big kid. He’s extremely energetic, very creative, and a goof ball at times. He’s the messiest and the most mischievous. I will say he’s come a long way from when the group started though. He also had his kids early on.”

“Kids?” She questioned.

“Yeah, he has twin boys. They’re almost 15 and are identical. Both are total miniatures of their dad. Their mom hate’s it. She and Nick haven’t ever really gotten along. Especially now that the boys are with him almost all the time cause they got signed a record deal. Considering they are the spawn of Nick their pretty decent kids.”

“You never mentioned Drew’s mom.” She caught.

“That’s cause she’s not around. After having Drew in the hospital she gave him up for adoption.” Brian explained to her.

“So then… AJ is his adoptive father?”

Brian was happy that she seemed to be coming around. “No, no, see his mom put AJ on the birth certificate so the state had to get his permission to place him up for adoption. AJ refused to let them and was given full custody because she didn’t want him.”

Emersen simply nodded.

“I guess when you think about it, you and Drew have a little in common… kinda.”

End Notes:

Ooo.... I wonder if Drew will end up being able to help Emersen leave her past behind.

Chapter 13 by girlboo02

Emersen was so excited to being riding in a limo. Her excitement however grew more and more clouded as they ride went on. Her palms were sweating and her breath was a bit heavy.

“Still scared huh?” Brian suddenly asked.

“Yeah, I’m sorry.” She looked down at her hands. She wanted so badly to be carefree and open to all the new things happening to her, but she couldn’t. She was too afraid.

“Hey, you don’t have to apologize. It’s ok if you’re scared.” The more time he spent with her the more he saw exactly how broken she really was.

“Thanks,” Her eyes slowly traveled up from her hands and made eye contact with him. She was still uncomfortable around him but her trust in him was growing. “You’ll stay with me as long as you can right?” She added.  She needed him because he was the one person in her world now that she could trust… even if it was only a little.

“Yes, of course.” He smiled.

She just smiled back.

As they approached the venue Brian turned to her, “Now, we’re headed to the venue. The guys are waiting to do sound check with me. When we get there some fans will be hanging out by the entrance. There may also be some paparazzi. It’ll probably be loud and they’ll be asking a lot of questions but… you just ignore them. Follow close to me and you’ll be ok.” He wanted to prepare her. He knew it would be overwhelming.

“Okay.” She nodded trying not to appear scared.

“My bodyguard will approach the limo and open the door. He’ll escort us inside. Gerald is a big black guy so don’t be frightened.” He added as they pulled into the parking lot.

“What about my stuff?” She asked.

“The limo driver is gonna take it to the hotel and one of the assistance will put it in my room.”

“Oh.” She replied and let her eyes looked out the window. She saw all the things Brian had told her about.

“Let’s go.” Brian said as the door was pulled open. He got out and waved to a few people.

Emersen got out and quickly found herself in a bit of shock.

“Keep walking sweetie.” Gerald instructed.

She glanced at him then followed quickly behind Brian. Around her fan’s screamed his name and people took pictures. A few guys shouted asking who she was. She just focused on the back of Brian’s head and followed him into the building.

As the door closed the noise dulled.

A few staff members acknowledged Brian as Gerald led them down a series of hallways.

“Are you ready?” Brian asked her as he walked.

“I guess.” She forced a half smile. Really, inside she was a train wreck. Being around men currently made her very uncomfortable and here she was getting ready to meet a whole group of them.

It was too late to change her mind however. The time was here. Just inside the door now in front of her was the men she was supposed to meet. Brian gently patted her shoulder and opened the door.

The room had been full of chatter but it was suddenly quieted by her presence.

“My God Rok, she looks just like you.” She knew the man speaking had to be AJ. The tattoos covering his arms and neck gave it away.

His words struck her. She hadn’t even taken the time to notice. He was right though. She did look like him. It made her smile.

“Thanks.” She heard Brian say. She looked in time to seem him smile also.

“You must Emersen.” A tall man with green eyes approached her.

She took a step back and nodded, “I am.”

“Emersen, this is my cousin Kevin.” Brian explained.

“It’s nice to meet you. This is my son Daniel.” He offered her a smile.

“Danny.” He quickly corrected.

“It’s nice to meet both of you.” Her voice was soft and shy.

“Uh, this is Howie.” Brian pointed toward him.

“Good to meet you.” He nodded.

“I’m max.” A young boy next to him said as he pointed to himself.

“Hello.” She nodded.

“AJ, I’m sure you spotted quickly.” Brian kept going.

Emersen nodded as AJ waved a bit.

“That’s Andrew.” Brian pointed to a taller boy with dark hair.

As she looked at him she couldn’t help but smile.

He smiled back. He found her simply beautiful.

Not even noticing Brian went on, “Lastly is my best buddy, Nick.”

“Hey there.” He smiled. “These are my twins, Jacob and Justin”

“Jake.” One of the identical figures insisted.

She looked between the two trying to tell them apart.

“I have mole on my left ear.” The other spoke and pointed to it. He had seen that look enough to know what she was doing.

“Oh, thanks.” She nodded.

An awkward silent moment passed. It was broken by a short man wearing a black baseball cap. He entered the room quickly, “Backstreet, sound check.”

The adults started following him out of the room.

Emersen turned to Brian. She looked rather concerned.

“I’ll be back. You’re gonna stay here ok?” He asked her.

She didn’t like the idea but how was she supposed to say no.

“Gerald is gonna be right outside the door.” He assured her as the man appeared again.

“Brian, let’s go.” He insisted.

“If you need me just tell Gerald.” Brian smiled hoping it would make her feel better then left.

He hated having to leave her so quickly. He knew she was scared but he had to work. Everything had already been put on hold for him. It couldn’t wait anymore.

Emersen just watched the door close. She instantly felt uncomfortable. She couldn’t help it. She was alone with five strange teenage boys.

She knew however she had to get used to this. It was going to be part of her life now. So she took a deep breath as if to sum up courage and turned to face the boys.

Chapter 14 by girlboo02

Danny took it upon himself to break the awkward silence. Being the oldest he felt it was his responsibility. “So, you’re Brian’s daughter?”

She nodded, “Yeah.”

Emersen tried not to look uncomfortable but she was, deeply so.

The boys now moved comfortably in the space of the room. She however stood perfectly still.

“So why did we never hear about you before?” Justin questioned.

“My mom never told him about me.” Emersen explained simply.

“So why’d she change her mind now?” Max wanted to know. He blurted his question out without thinking of how personal it was.

Emersen took a sharp breath, “Uh, she…” She licked her lips. She wasn’t interested in telling them anything about what really happened. “She died.” It seemed like a good answer.

“Wow, I’m so sorry.” Jake quickly told her as Danny gave Max an awkward glance.

“Sorry, My uh… my parents died when I was little.” Max tried to apologize in his own way.

“Anyway,” Drew spoke up wanting to change the conversation. “You’re name is Emersen?”

She blushed ever so slightly, “Yeah, it’s kinda strange.”

“No, Max has you beat on strange names.” Jake teased as the others snickered a little.

“What’s strange about the name Max?” She found herself loosening up slightly.

Max sighed and shook his head, “It’s short for Maximo.” He almost mumbled as he sat in a metal chair.

Her mouth opened but she wasn’t sure what to say. It was a pretty off the wall name.

“Well I think your name is really cool.” Drew gave her his best smile.

“I’m not a big fan of it but thank you.” She took two small steps deeper into the group.

“If you don’t like it why not come up with a nick name?” Jake asked.

“Yeah, almost all of us do it.” Danny nodded.

It was a brilliant idea. Emersen liked it. She figured it could be a great way to start off her new life.

“A nick name…” She nodded trailing off a little. She had no idea what she would go by though.

“You could call yourself Em.” Max shrugged.

“No way, Brian would say, ‘It sounds like Eminem’.” Danny shook his head.

“Em, Emer…” Justin tried to play with her name a little.

“Emer?” She couldn’t help but laugh.

“Emma?” Jake threw out.

“Old fashioned and lame.” Justin disagreed.

Danny just held up a ‘thumbs down’ sign.

“What about Emmie?” Drew nodded as he said it.

“That could work.” Max agreed.

The twins nodded.

“I like it.” Danny also nodded.

The five boys all turned to look at Emersen.

“I love it.” No one had ever called her that before. It seemed so appropriate. There would be no negativity surrounding that name.

“It’s settled then, we’ll all call you Emmie.” Danny said.

“We’ll have to tell Uncle Brian. I think he’ll like it.” Max smiled.

“Uncle Brian?” Emersen looked completely lost now.

Danny grabbed a folded up metal chair that was leaning against the wall, “They all refer to themselves as brothers.” He said opening the chair and setting it close to Emersen. He then went and got his own.

“At some point when we was all little we just started calling them all Uncle.” Max added.

“Wrong, looser.” Jake began. “When you came around you kept calling our dad Uncle Nicky.”

“That’s right, cause then You started calling Howie Uncle Howie.” Justin told his twin brother.

“Then my dad started complaining cause no one called him Uncle and Danny chimed in. The rest I think is just history.” Drew smiled. It was kinda fun to think back on it all.

Emersen had been looking at the chair. Ever so slowly she moved towards it and sat down. She still felt uncomfortable but she was trying.

The boys all continued asked Emersen questions and answering the few questions she threw out. The more they talked the better she felt.

Brian having to leave her with them for a while seemed to be the perfect medicine.

“You’re kidding?” Nick heard Max exclaim as he walked into the room.

“Dad, Emmie’s never been to an amusement park.” Justin informed him.

“Yeah we gotta fix that.” Jake agreed.

“Hang on, who is Emmie?” Nick felt a little confused as Brian and Kevin walked in behind him.

“We gave Emersen a nickname.” Drew said.

Emersen turned to look at Brian, she felt better seeing him back.

“Emmie?” Brian asked her.

She nodded, “I like it a lot better.”

He could see in her eyes that she really liked it. He could tell it made her feel lighter.

“I like it.” He softly told her.

“New start, new name.” She whispered and smiled.

He smiled too.

Chapter 15 by girlboo02

“Let’s go talk.” Brian told Emersen as he walked toward the door.

She nodded, stood and left the room with him.

“Come on boys, you gotta get in wardrobe.” Nick told his twins.

The two just nodded and left the room.

“You guys doing ok?” Kevin asked the other three.

“Yes.” Max nodded.

“Yup.” Was all Drew said.

“Just bored.” Danny nearly huffed.

Kevin only shook his head.

“They still got the basketball goal set up outside ride?” Max asked. His face suddenly looked full of hope.

“Yeah, you guys can go just make sure security stays with you.”

“Yes!” Max cheered and practically ran from the room. Danny and Drew followed behind.

Their guards who had been outside the room followed behind them.

Once they got outside of course their body guards didn’t waste any time lighting up.

Max grabbed the ball off the ground first and began dribbling around.

“You like her don’t you?” Danny asked Drew. He had stopped walking hoping to having a serious conversation with him.

Drew only stopped for a moment. He glanced at him then moved towards Max. Playing dumb he asked, “Like who?” He stole the ball from Max and tossed it in the hoop.

“Emmie, you couldn’t take your eyes off her.” Max laughed letting himself in on the conversation.

“Whatever.” Drew denied it. He shook his head.

Drew knew there was no shame in liking her. She was beautiful. He was denying it because he knew the other boys would give him a hard time about it. Especially the twins being that they were only just starting to get into girls.

 “Dude, you do! Admit it.” Danny pushed the topic jogging towards the ball. He caught up to it and began dribbling it.

Drew took a deep breath and ran his hands threw his hair and down his face. “Alright… fine!” He caved. “I do.”

“Knew it!” Max nearly cheered.

“Shut up!” He hissed quickly.

“Brian is gonna kill you.” Danny practically lost it laughing.

Drew became a bit angry, “That’s why you aren’t gonna tell him!”

Danny couldn’t help but to keep laughing.

The boy’s body guards laughed from where they stood. They had long since learned to stay out of the boy’s conversation. Still however, their conversations always seemed to amuse them.

Inside Brian sat off in a corner explaining to Emersen the plans for a press release.

“If we don’t tell anyone anything they’ll just make up a bunch of dumb stories. I have to tell everyone something. I just wanna find out from you what you’re comfortable with me sharing.”

“I don’t know. I have no idea how any of this works.” Her voice was at a more normal tone.

“Well, I figure it’s best to go with the truth but, not all of it is their business. I was thinking we could tell them that your mom never told me about you. We could tell them something personal happened and the state took you away from her, found me and gave me custody.” Brian suggested. He shift on the crate he was sitting on.

She sat a cross from him and looked down at her hands, “I, I told the boys she died. They asked why I was here now and… it just wasn’t as awful sounding.”

For a moment the wind seemed to have been knocked from Brian’s lungs. It was so heart breaking that Emersen found her mother being dead better than the truth.

Quickly he shook his head and came back to the conversation at hand. “Ok, so what if we say that she never told me about you? We could say she passed away and the state found me from my name and information being on your birth certificate and awarded me custody.”

Emersen just nodded.

“If that’s the story that makes you the most comfortable then that’s what we’re gonna go with.” Brian tried to reassure her that everything was ok.

“Thank you.” She smiled. She had feared he would be upset that she lied. Lying was bad.

For a moment there was a silence between them. It wasn’t awkward this time however. It was a bit more peaceful.

Brian had a something else to talk to her about though. So the silence was broken, “Uh, I’ve been thinking a lot and… well, I wanted to let you know that if you feel like you need some therapy or counseling…” He paused. “Or even just someone to talk to about, ya know, everything…” Again he paused. He felt awkward talking about it because he knew she was just ready to move on. “I support it. I’ll do whatever I can to help you get through all this. I want you to be ok.”

For a moment she was silent. She looked away from him and softly said, “I don’t think I’m ready to talk about it.”

“That’s ok.” He quickly replied leaning towards her a bit. “You don’t have to. I just want you to know that the option is there.”

She drew a knee up and casually wrapped her arms around it. “Thanks.”

He forced a smile. Inside he was hurting so badly for her. He wanted to take away all her pain but he couldn’t figure out how. As if all that wasn’t enough stress he also was stressing about telling the rest of his family about her and everything she had been through.

He didn’t know how they would take it. He knew his parents and brother would always love him but he was sure they’d still be very disappointed in his choices.

Bottom line was, he didn’t know what the future held but he certainly hoped happiness would be in the mix.

End Notes:

Sorry it took so long to get this updated. I've been under the weather. Feeling better now though!

Chapter 16 by girlboo02

“What’s wrong?” Brian had to shout for Emersen to hear him.

She looked so overwhelmed and terrified.

The two were standing just off stage. Brian had wanted to give her the chance to see how things really were for him on stage.

Nick’s twin boys where finishing up their last song. The fans were screaming even louder now than they had been when the boys came out on stage.

“It’s so loud.” She told him.

He almost couldn’t hear her. “It’s always like this.” He told her.

She shook her head a bit. She didn’t like it. It was too much too soon.

“Are you alright?” Brian turned to look her in the eyes.

She felt fear creeping up on her. She wanted to tell him the truth but she didn’t want to upset him. After all, he had wanted her to see all this.

When she didn’t respond Brian worried a little. He reached his hand out to place it on her shoulder. He hoped to comfort her.

Upon seeing his hand coming towards her she closed her eyes tightly and tensed every muscle in her body.

“Hey…” He pulled his hand away and tried to gently yell to get her attention.

She opened her eyes slowly. Her heart was beating rapidly. She looked at him fearfully.

He was concerned and felt terrible for having scared her.

Upon seeing the look on his face she apologized, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“No, no, I am. It’s not your fault. Let’s get you out of here.” He nodded and pointed off in one direction.

As the two turned to walk away a stage crew member stopped Brian, “No no, it’s time. Let’s go.”

“I can’t. I gotta get her back to the green room.” He urged.

The stage hand grabbed the sleeve of Jake and Justin’s body guard. He was in the process of getting them off stage and back to the green room.

“Take her with you.” The stage crew instructed.

Brian looked to Emersen.

She wasn’t thrilled with the idea but she just wanted to get away from the noise and chaos. She nodded letting him know it was ok.

“You sure?” Brian asked. He knew she was pretty upset.

“Yeah, you better go.” She tried to assure him and then left with the twins.

She had to stop with them in wardrobe so the twins could change back into their street clothes.

She was a bit awe struck by all the outfits and organization of everything. She thumbed through Brian’s rack of clothes as she waited on the twins.

The outfits were so different from what she had seen him wear.

“Check this out.” Jake said catching her attention. He was changed and now waiting on Justin.

Emersen walked over to where he stood.

“All of this is AJ’s.” He said opening a small black case. It was full of all kinds of jewelry.

None of it of course was anything she’d wear. “Wow, some of this is crazy.” She commented looking at a skull shaped ring.

“What’s crazy is how much this stuff cost.” Justin walked out from behind a black curtain that created a make shift dressing room.

“Which is why you guys better get out of it.” The twins guard instructed.

Jake closed the box and led the small group out of the room.

“You guys sounded really good.” Emersen told them.

“Thanks.” Jake replied as they walked into the green room where the other boys where.

“I thought you were gonna hang out and watch your dad though.” Justin commented.

The three boys in the room perked up a little interested in the topic that seemed to be at hand.

“It uh, was just overwhelming.” She was honest.

“Pretty loud huh?” Danny chimed in.

She just nodded.

“I can’t stand how loud they scream… and it’s all the time.” Max complained.

“…and they got louder the closer it got to them going out on stage.” She added. She felt so much better being away from the noise.

“I’m sure you’ll get used to it.” Drew told her. He reached over to the opposite end of a couch he sat on and moved a pillow. He then looked at her and gestured for her to sit down.

“Thanks,” She slowly took a seat. “I hope I do. Something tells me it’s not gonna let up any time soon.”

“No way, Backstreets going strong.” Jake plopped down on another couch between Max and Danny.

“So, do you guys always tour with them?” Emersen had been wondering.

“Yeah, well, I always do.” Max answered quickly. “There isn’t really anyone else to keep me. I don’t mind though.”

“Same here. I haven’t always though. When I was little my grandma used to keep me so dad could focus on building his career.” Drew went next.

“It kinda varies for me. Sometimes I’m with my mom and sometimes I’m with dad.” Danny also explained.

“Up until last tour it was kinda fifty fifty for us.” Jake told her.

“Yeah, mom and dad normally split time with us but we sing now.”

“So none of your guys mom are with your dads?” Emersen felt so much better focusing on the other boys and talking about them. It got her mind of of what had just happened and what had triggered it all.

“Nope, my parents used to be married though. Oh and Max doesn’t really count cause Howie’s actually his God-father.” Danny told her.

“I didn’t know that.” She commented looking at Max.

“Yeah, he has a girlfriend though.”

“So does mine.” Drew nodded.

“I’m pretty sure ours does too.” Justin added.

“Yeah, you’re dad’s girlfriend introduced them.” Jake nodded.

“Wait… he has a girlfriend?” She asked. It was the first she’d heard anything of her.

Chapter 17 by girlboo02

Brian and Emersen rode the elevator at the hotel up to their floor.

“We’ll just try to break you in slowly. I never even thought about how disorienting the loud fans and music can be.” Brian commented. He still felt badly. She had seemed so scared.

The doors to the elevator slid open and they stepped off.

“It’s alright. I’m sorry I freaked out.” She said as they walked the hall to their room.

Brian nodded as they reached the door. He unlocked the door with his key card held the door open for her.

Her stuff sat neatly on one of the two beds. As she heard the door click behind her she felt a little uncomfortable.

Brian casually walked past her and sat down on the bed.

She froze a little. She was alone with him; a man that really, she still didn’t know.

“Uncomfortable?” Brian noticed looking at her.

She nodded from where she stood just inside of the hotel room.

“What can I do?” He asked. He wanted to help.

“I don’t know.” She fought wanting to cry.

“Well, what’s bothering you right now?” He questioned. He slipped his shoes off as he asked. He hoped acting casual would help calm her. Inside however he worried for her.

“I’m alone, with a man, in a room, with a bed.” She tried so hard to be honest even though it hurt.

“Ok, well… what if we…” He didn’t know what to suggest. Silently he prayed asking God for help.

“I- I’ll just have to try and… get over it.” She said awkwardly. Her eyes blinked some and she looked at her feet.

An idea sparked in Brian’s head and he suggested, “How about we try making some rules for both of us to follow? Stuff to help us both be more comfortable. Like, when we’re alone I keep on pants and a shirt.”

He hoped if he stayed covered when alone with her she’d feel more comfortable and less vulnerable.

“Changing in the bathroom with the door locked no matter what.” She added taking a step towards him.

“That would make me much more comfortable too.” He nodded. “Oh, I can make sure there are always two beds.”

She nodded, “Could we leave a bit of light on too? That way I can see you.” She paused, “No surprises that way.”

“Of course.” He offered her a smile.

“Feel better?”

“A little.” She gave him a half smile.

She slowly walked towards him and sat on the other bed.

A moment of silence passed. Just as Brian took a deep breath and allowed himself to relax she looked to him.

“So, you have a girlfriend?”

He could tell it was a statement more than a question.

“Jenny…” He trailed off.  It suddenly hit him that he hadn’t told her about Emersen yet. Sure they had been texting but, he never even though to bring her up.

“Jenny?” She asked.

“Yeah, her name is Jennifer but, I call her Jenny.” Brian said. He suddenly had an unsettled feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“Does she know yet… about me?”

Brian shook his head, “It hasn’t even occurred to me to tell her. Everything has happened so quickly.”

She nodded.

He looked at her while still thinking about how he should go about telling his girlfriend. “Maybe I’ll call her tonight.”

Emersen was quiet.

“Emmie?” Brian questioned, he wanted to make sure she was ok.

“Do you think she’ll like me?”

Brian nodded, “There is nothing not to like about you. I don’t think she’ll be very happy with me though. I guess I’ll just have to pray that she’ll take the news well.”

“I’m sorry. I feel like I’ve invaded your life.”

Brian stood, “No, not at all.”

She looked down at her hands. She was thrilled to be away from her mother and Tyler. She however felt so out of place. She went from never getting to be around anyone but them to being with a famous person who had all kinds of people around him constantly. It was pure culture shock. That on top of the pain from her past was just too much. She couldn’t help but to let the emotion vortex she was in suck her down.

She felt like such a mistake. She couldn’t bring herself to say it however.

Brian spoke grabbing her attention, “Emmie, now that I know about you, I can’t imagine my life without you. You are my daughter and even though I just met you, I love you.”

She looked to him with a twinkle of tears in her eyes.

“I know everything feels awkward for you and I know you’re still hurting from everything that happened. I know my career; my life is a lot to take in. It can’t make healing from everything easy. Emmie, you’ve been through more than anyone should ever have to so everything you’re feeling is ok. You don’t for a second need to feel like you owe me an apology for any of it. If anything I owe you one. I was irresponsible. My actions lead to you being where you were without me to protect you.”

She nodded. It was so much to take in. He was being so wonderful and even more was the fact he had said something that meant the world to her. It was the first time she could remember anyone telling her, they loved her. Her mother never had.

“We’re gonna work through all this. It may not be easy but, we’ll get there and I promise… we’ll get there together.”

“Thank you.” She nodded.

He smiled and gave her a wink. He wanted to hug her but knew it probably wasn’t a good idea.

She just flashed him a big smile, one far bigger then he was used to seeing. It was a good sign.

Chapter 18 by girlboo02

Nick sat in his room while his boys prepared for bed. As they fought in the bathroom over who was in whose way he sat texting Sara.

‘How are you?’ He sent.

Almost instantly she replied, ‘Fine, just tired. I had a long day.’

He felt slightly disappointed. He had been looking forward to a moment to talk to her. If she was tired he didn’t wanna keep her awake. ‘Oh, well I’ll let you sleep then.’

“Dad,” Jake came out of the bathroom.

“I’m not getting into with you and your brother.” He warned. He was too tired to argue.

“No, I wanna ask you something.” He said.

Nick sat his phone on his lap and looked at him, “What?”

“Can I cut my hair?” He ran his fingers through his locks of blond hair.

“Why?” Nick looked at him funny.

“I look too much like Justin. No one can tell us apart.” He argued.

Nick’s phone lit up from Sara texting him back. “Uh, yeah sure. I’ll take you when we get some free time.” He wanted to hurry and get back to texting Sara.

“Yes!” Jake cheered and walked away.

Nick quickly read Sara’s message, ‘No, I wanna talk to you.’

He sent her back a smiley face.

‘You like talking to me don’t you?’ She replied.

‘Yeah, I can’t explain it. I just feel connected to you.’

“Sara again?” Justin came out of the bathroom asking.

“Yes, is that crime?” Nick wanted to know.

“No.” Justin casually replied.

“So did you ask her to marry you yet?” Jake butted in.

“What, no! We aren’t even dating.” Nick quickly told them. Nick text Sara telling her what Jake had just asked.

She replied, ‘That’s crazy. I’m not even your girlfriend yet.’

‘Yet?’ Nick replied. He smiled and his boys noticed.

“There’s the puppy face again.” Justin told Jake.

“Yeah, it’s the same face Drew was giving Emmie.” He replied.

“Would you two leave me alone?” Nick asked.

‘Yeah, I really like you. Sorry if that sounds forward.’ Another message from Sara read.

“Hang on, what do you mean it was the same face Drew was giving Emmie?” Nick suddenly caught the comment.

“Drew is totally into her.” Justin flopped down on a bed.

“Yeah dad, you should have seen him. He even told her that her name was beautiful.” Jake laughed.

“Wait till Uncle Brian finds out.” Justin laughed.

“No, you two aren’t gonna say a word to him. Let me take care of it.” Nick gave each of them a warning look.

They rolled their eyes and shook their heads. Nick just turned back to his phone.

‘It’s not forward at all. I like you too Sara.’

Meanwhile Howie and Max were trying to sleep. On the other side of their room Kevin was being badgered by his son again.

“Dad, please. I’m sorry for what I did. It won’t happen again.”

“Daniel, if you don’t stop I’ll keep your cell phone even longer.” He was getting sick of hearing about it.

“Then you send her a message for me. Please, I like her so much and I don’t want her to be freaking out.”

“If I text her will you leave me alone about it till Friday?” Kevin began to cave a little.

“Yes, I swear.” Danny was fully prepared to take whatever he could get.

“Alright fine.” Kevin retrieved the cell phone from his belongings and turned it on. As he waited he looked to his son, “So, what do you think of your new cousin?”

“She’s ok. Something seems off about her though.” He wasn’t trying to be mean. He was just being honest.

“Yeah, Brian said she’s had a really rough past. I trust you to keep that between us though.”

Danny nodded as he watched his dad type on his phone.

“There, now not another word.” Kevin warned him shutting off the phone.

“Yes sir.” He nodded getting into bed.

A crossed the hall Drew was lying in bed waiting on his dad to do the same.

“So pop, what’s up with Emmie? Brian is so outgoing and she’s… not.” Drew yawned after speaking.

“I’m not sure.” AJ half lied. “I imagine trying to get used to our kinda lifestyle is a lot to take in.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I mean, she did say her mom died too.”

AJ was caught off guard. That’s not what Brian had told him. He mentally made a note to ask Brian about it.

As he climbed into the bed next to the one his son was in he asked, “Whose idea was the nickname?”

“Well, it was Jake’s idea to give her a nickname cause she said she didn’t like her name.” Drew explained as they lights were switched off.

“…and who came up with Emmie?”

Drew smiled a bit thinking of her, “I did.”

“Well I heard Brian even calling her Emmie so you did good.”

Hearing that made him a hopeful that she would like him too.

Chapter 19 by girlboo02

“Alright Emmie, all you have to do is stand there and smile ok?” Brian looked her in the eyes.

A small press release had been set up at their current venue. People from the media and press flooded the room.

Some people from Brian’s team were already on the stage. Brian and Emersen stood just off to the side.

She took a deep breath and nodded. She then bit on her lip a bit.

Brian too was nervous. He hadn’t been able to work up the nerve to call Jenny last night. He’d called his parents. They were in total shock but took it well. That’s all he could put up with.

“Let’s go guys.” Someone instructed.

Quietly they both walked out on stage. Nerves took over her as whispers in her direction began. Cameras flashed around them. Brian was used to it. Emersen however was terrified. Not knowing what else to do she gripped tightly onto Brian’s hand.

Brian looked down at her hand holding his. He smiled inside and gave her a comforting look. He then turned to look at the people out in crowd. He was so thankful this was closed to the fans.

“Brian, I’ll let you take over and explain why we’re all here.” The man stepped away from the mic. and looked to Brian.

Brian looked to Emersen. She didn’t let go of his hand. He wasn’t about to make her either so he took her with him to the stand.

“Hello,” He began. He tried to act his normal self but he was nervous. “I’m here today to announce that I am father. This is my daughter, Emersen Kate. I did not know she existed until recently. Her mother kept her a secret from her. Recently her mother passed away. My information on her birth certificate lead officials to finding me and granting me custody.”

Brian paused to squeeze her hand gently and let the press and media take in what he had just said.

Continuing he said, “As I’m sure you all can imagine this has been a very hard adjustment for both she and myself. I’m asking for privacy as both of us try to move forward and heal. Thank you.”

With that he nodded and left the stage. He wasn’t interested in answering any questions despite everyone yelling them as he lead Emersen away.

“You did great.” Brian gave her a big smile as she finally let go of his hand.

“It was easier with you next to me.” She told him.

Before much else could be said the two were being directed into a van. Brian had a radio spot with the boys he had to get to.

“So what do I do? I don’t have to talk do I?” Emersen asked.

“No, it just me and fellas. Don’t worry. I imagine you’ll just sit off to the side quietly.” Brian replied.

She nodded.

Before Brian could arrive at the studio however his cell phone began to ring. It was Jenny.

“Here where everything could blow up.” Brian said showing Emersen who was calling.

He swallowed hard and picked up, “Hey baby.”

“Don’t baby me.” She quickly rebutted.

“Jenny…”

“No, you lied to me Brian. You told me you were a virgin. You took a vow with me to remain abstinent until and if we decided to get married. How could you?” She sounded a mix of anger and heart break.

“Jennifer, I know you are angry but I promise I had forgotten all about it. Kevin had to remind me. I… I was drunk. It was only once.”

“Kevin had to remind you?” She didn’t sound like she believed him.

“Yes, call and ask him.” He paused, “Jenny please, I love you and I would never hurt you. You know this.”

The line was silent. It scared him.

“I believe you.” Her voice was soft.

“Thank God.” He sighed.

“Brian…” She cut him off. “I need to go. I just… I need to let all this sink in.”

“Jenny…” He worried trailing off.

“I’m not gonna break up with you, I just… I need to think.”

“I understand.” He nodded.

Emersen silently looked on.

“I do still love you Brian.” She assured him.

“I love you too Jenny and I need you.” He confessed.

“I know. We’ll talk later.” She sounded calmed.

“Bye baby.”

“Bye.”

With that the two hung up. Brian looked to his daughter.

“Final verdict?” She asked.

“I think the jury is still out but, it looks promising.” He replied as they pulled into the radio station parking lot.

“I…”

Brian quickly cut her off, “Don’t say it. You have nothing to be sorry about. None of this is your fault.”

She blushed a bit then asked, “How did you know I was gonna say that?”

He wasn’t sure honestly. It was just a feeling he had inside.

“I… I guess it was my fatherly instinct kicking in.”

“We really are gonna be ok someday aren’t we?” She asked with a bit of light in her eyes.

“Yeah… we are.” He smiled and quietly they got out of the van.

End Notes:

If you are still reading this make sure to review! Constructive critism is more then welcome!

Chapter 20 by girlboo02

“So… what’d you think of getting to talk on the radio?” Nick asked Emersen after they all crowded in a van.

“It was ok.” She replied.

“Come on…” AJ pushed playfully, “You weren’t even a little excited?”

“Ok… it was pretty cool. I mean I pretty much only said hello though.” She almost blushed a little.

“I think you did great.” Howie assured her from where he sat.

“So what now?” She asked.

“Nothing till tonight.” Brian shook his head.

“Another show then?” Emersen looked out the window as she asked.

“No, we’ll leave tonight for another city. After we get there we’ll have another show.” Kevin explained.

“I see.” She was trying very hard to fit in.

"You'll get used to it soon." Nick assured her.

"How long does it take?" Emerson questioned. She was feeling a little hopeless.

"It's different for everyone.” Brian explained, “It took me forever to get used to being away from home and my family."

"Me too, but now being on the road, different places every couple nights, it's exciting." AJ said.

"Even after all these years, I can't help but miss the road and touring if I'm away from it for too long." Howie added.

“Same here.” followed Kevin. “Plus, you get to learn about different cultures by seeing it all first hand.”

It was starting to sound more enjoyable.

“He’s right, some of the places we’ve been are incredible.” Brian added.

She smiled and hoped they were all right.

 

Meanwhile back at the hotel, the boys had hung back with their body guards. They hated having to sit silently at radio stations.

They had all been hanging out, watch a movie when  Max suggested they go swimming. He had noticed the hotel’s pool their first day there and had been dying to dive in.

The rest of them agreed that it was a great idea and quickly got changed.

When they all met up down stairs they wasted no time jumping in.

At first they just chatted casually and splashed around. As they tired the conversation took a different turn.

“So, what do you guys think of Emmie?” Jake asked their small group.

“Andrew thinks she’s beautiful.” Danny teased.

“Shut up Daniel.” Drew shot back splashing water in his direction. He had used his full name on purpose.

The others laughed.

“Really though, what do you guys think?” Jake asked again after a moment.

“She seems ok.” Max shrugged.

“She looks just like Brian.” Justin added.

“Yeah, no joke.” Danny agreed.

“Something seems off with her though.” Jake added to the conversation.

The guards sitting off to the side of the pool quietly listened to them talk.

“You noticed too?” Drew asked.

“Yeah, I thought it was just me.” Max nodded hoping up on the side of the pool.

“She’s really quiet and keeps her distance.” Justin kept going.

“Yeah but remember you guys, she said her mom died. That could explain it.” Drew offered a hypothesis.

“Well, I’m not supposed to say anything, so all of you keep your mouths shut, but…” He paused and lowered his voice. “Dad told me Uncle Brian said she’s had a really rough past. I’m gonna say that’s why she’s… different.”

“Did he say what happened to her?” Drew asked.

“Nah, and I didn’t figure it was my place to ask.” He replied then let himself dip completely under the water.

“Weird.” was Jake’s response.

“I bet she was really poor or something. She seemed really fascinated when we showed her AJ’s jewelry.” Justin casual splashed Max.

“You dip shit!” Drew smacked the back of his head. “My dad will kill you if he finds out your playing around with his stuff.”

“I wasn’t playing with it.” Justin argued.

“I don’t care. Stay out of it. That stuff cost more than the two of you are getting paid for singing on this tour.” Drew warned. He didn’t feel like having to put up with his dad being in a pissy mood for something happening to his stuff.

“Alright, alright.” Justin caved then splashed him.

Just then they heard the dad walking into the room.

“Hey guys!” AJ called walking in.

“Hey.” Some of them shouted back.

Drew rolled his eyes, his dad was a nerd. What was worse was that he was being a nerd in front of Emmie.

“You can join them if you want.” Brian told her.

She looked at the shirtless boys in the water. She thought of herself in a swim suit swimming with them. The mere thought made her uncomfortable.

“N- no.” She shook her head.

“Are you sure? I don’t care.” Brian wasn’t catching on.

“Yeah, I uh, I don’t have a suit anyway.” It was true. She didn’t. It made for a perfect excuse.

“Oh, well that’s not a problem. We can go get you one.” Brian still had no clue.

Deep down she knew he meant no harm but on the surface it felt like he was pressuring her.

“No, please. I don’t want to.” Her voice elevated and cracked a little.

The room stopped and looked at her.

Feeling completely embarrassed she fled from the room.

End Notes:

Special shout out to my friend who helped me with this chapter. I kinda got stuck and blocked and she was a huge help!

Chapter 21 by girlboo02
Author's Notes:

This chapter is just a little bit shorter then the rest. Hope you like it anyway!

Brian glanced at everyone in the room then took off following her.

“Emmie.” He called chasing her.

She heard him but kept running till she reached the end of a long hall. She placed her back against the wall and slid down it. Pulling her knees to her chest she hid her face and began to cry.

“Emersen?” Brian questioned a bit worried.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I know you told me not to say that but I can’t help it cause I am.” She cried.

Brian squatted down to her level, “Emmie, it’s ok. I just don’t understand what happened.”

She looked up at him with a tear stained face. She then shook her head a bit before wiping the tears away, “I’m so uncomfortable. I don’t wanna be but I am.”

Brian sat all the way on the floor and just listened.

“I feel like a thin piece of glass. So fragile, like the littlest thing is gonna make me crack and break. I hate it. I wanna feel normal.”

“That’s why I suggested a counselor before. It’s not your fault but, you’re really hurting and… well, you need someone to help you through this.” Brian didn’t wanna force her but he knew it was what she needed.

“I know but I don’t like talking about it. It’s so painful to even think about.” She now hugged her knees.

“I can only imagine. Are you wanting to feel this way forever though?” Brian asked.

She shook her head no.

“Then we need to find someone you can talk you. I mean, the thought of swimming with a couple boys scared you. That’s not normal. There are so many skilled people out there who can help you through it all.” Brian now insisted.

“Would you be with me?” She whispered.

“If that would make you more comfortable.” He gently placed a hand on her elbow.

“Ok,” She caved nodding.

“I’m so proud of you. I think this will be great in the long run.” He couldn’t help but encourage her.

She nodded and the two became silent.

“What part of swimming bothered you?” He had to know.

“Seeing them all shirtless, then you kept trying to encourage me and… it just got to me. I’m sorry I ran out. I shouldn’t have.”

“Yeah, in my life it’s kinda dangerous to run off alone. I think I need to get you a counselor and a body guard.”

She wasn’t sure how she felt about a body guard but she trusted that he was right.

“Oh, and a tutor… I almost forgot.” Brian added.

“Can the body guard be the only guy though? I know I sound like a big baby.”

Brian smiled, “You don’t sound like a baby, you sound like a girl trying to protect herself. That’s a good thing.”

She smiled back.

“Oh… and yes, I’ll get you some girls.” He laughed and stood. He then reached a hand out to her.

She looked at it for a moment then took it and let him help her stand.

“Don’t be afraid to talk to me. If you feel like I’m pushing you or if I’m doing something to upset you; just tell me. I love you and I wanna be here for you.”

She nodded, “Thanks”

“No problem.” He gave her a wink.

“I mean it, thanks for everything. You’ve done and are doing so much for me. Words cant being to express how much it means.” She felt a little teary again.

“You are more than welcome.” He wanted to pull her in his arms but chose not to.

As they started back she began to think, “You know, my mom was messed up and made a lot of stupid decisions but there is one thing she did right.”

Brian was extra curious, “What’s that?”

She stopped walking, “She made you my dad.”

He looked into her eyes as he now felt tears coming on.

Seeing him near tears put an incredible feeling in her heart. She knew he cared so deeply for her and a moment like this was so much more than proof.

“I love you Emersen Kate.” He said taking her hands and looking directly at her.

“I- I love you too.” It came out sounding very awkward but Brian knew it was sincere.

Without another word the two fell into a hug. It only lasted for a quick second but it was enough to make the tears fall down Brian’s face.

As she pulled away she asked, “Would it be ok if I called you dad now?”

Brian smiled and chuckled a little as he nodded. Wiping his tears away he said, “Yes sweetie, I’d love that.”

Chapter 22 by girlboo02

Later, that same day Brian sat in his room making phone calls. He had gotten management started on finding a body guard for Emmie and had found a tutor for her. He was just about to start looking for a counselor when his phone rang.

It was Jennifer calling.

“Hello?” Brian answered. He didn’t know if her calling so soon was a good thing or not.

“Hey Brian.” Her voice was soft.

He took note of the fact she hadn’t call him baby or any other pet name.

“Jenny, hey!” He tried to sound chipper even though he was nervous.

She cut right to reason of her call, “Do you want me to continue to be a part of your life?”

He looked over at Emersen who had drifted off to sleep. “Yes, I do Jenny but…” He paused, “my life isn’t the only one that counts anymore.”

“I understand.” She replied.

“I know everything has gotten really complicated.” He sat up and hung his legs over the side of the bed.

“I don’t mind her being in your life. I don’t mind having to share you. I just need to know if you mind; if you can handle it.”

Brian nodded, “Of course I can. Don’t get me wrong, all of this is a lot to get used to but, I can handle it. Besides, I think having a female around could be helpful.”

He could hear her take a deep breath then ask, “What if she doesn’t like me? You can’t kick her to the curb like you can me.”

“Jennifer, baby…” He stood and walked away from Emersen. “She’s been through a lot. She needs people in her life that she can trust. I happen to know that you are very trust worthy. You are sweet and sensitive. You are kind and… amazing. I can’t see anything that she wouldn’t fall in love with.”

Brian was really starting to fall in love with Jennifer and he wasn’t about to lose her.

“I hope your right.” She didn’t sound so convinced.

“Listen, why don’t you just meet her for yourself before you get yourself too upset?” Brian turned again to look at his daughter. He couldn’t help it. She was quickly becoming a bright light in his life.

“You’re right. Maybe she and I will hit it off and be good friends.”

“Yeah, see you just have to look on the bright side.” Brian smiled. The nervousness had faded and everything was really starting to look up.

Jennifer was still nervous but Brian was her world and she wasn’t about to let anything take him away from her, even if it was an added complication of him having a child.

“It’s too bad I’ll have to wait till after your tour is over to meet her.”

Brian quickly replied, “Who said you have to wait? Take some vacation time and come out on tour with me.”

“Yeah?” She questioned. “I mean, I did have plans of coming to see visit you anyway.”

“Yes, it would be great. I’d get to see you. You’d get to know Emmie and best of all you could help me understand some female things.”

She laughed. “Alright babe, I’ll call work and start working on arrangements. I’ll call you back when I know my plans.”

“Thank you Jenny, I can’t wait to see you.”

 

Meanwhile, Nick was still sitting down by the pool. Kevin had gone up to take a nap and Howie had ran to a nearby store to stock up on snack for the trip.

He watched from a distance as the boys continued to swim.

As he phone began to vibrate in his pocket he pulled it out. Sara was texting him.

“Hope you’re having a good day.” She had texted.

He smiled, she was rather sweet.

He had started to text back when he got a brilliant idea. He smiled a bit evil and hit the call button.

It rang only twice before she picked it up. “Hey you.”

“Hey, I’ve got some time on my hands so I decided to call.” They hadn’t shared any phone calls since the night before tour.

“I thought about calling but feared you might be busy.”

“Never too busy for you.” He grinned.

“You are so sweet Nick. I’m so glad Jenny introduced us.” She grinned big though he couldn’t see.

“Me too, I really like you Sara. I just wish we could spend more time together.” He turned so his boys wouldn’t see him and start cracking jokes about his being on the phone with her.

“Yeah, Jenny warned me about how you guys are always jet setting all over and never home for very long.” Sara replied.

“It’s one of the down falls of my life. It’s not really for everyone. In fact it’s the main reason the boys mom and I aren’t together anymore.” He wanted to be completely honest with her.

“Yeah, I can’t lie, the thought of having to share you with the rest of the world isn’t exactly exciting.” She paused then very quickly added, “If we were dating of course.”

“Sara, be honest, do you think it’s something you could handle?” He needed to know before going much further.

“I can’t say completely for sure. I mean, I’ve never been in a relationship with a famous person before. I think I could though. Just so long as you remembered me even when I wasn’t physically with you.”

He smiled, “Sara?”

“Yeah Nick?”

He took a deep breath, “Would you like to be my girlfriend? Make things official, ya know?”

“Nick, I…” She paused. “I’d love to but…”

His heart sunk, “but?”

“But… I think we need to talk, in person before… before you make a commitment to be with me. I don’t do casual dating.” She sounded rather serious.

“Neither do I, I mean I have my boys to think about.” Nick quickly replied.

“I understand, that’s why we need to talk face to face.” She sounded sweet yet a little scared.

“Ok, I don’t wait till tour is over though. I like you now.” He pouted a little like a small child.

“Well, I don’t think your people would like you leaving tour just to come talk to me.”

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11081