Hurricane by CarterFan28
Summary:

This is the follow up to Behind the Mask and Two Is Better Than One.

The Backstreet Boys are having a concert in New York City but Hurricane Irene is threatening to be a horrible storm but nobody believes it. Heather and her Backstreet Buds head into the city and the Backstreet Boys and their tour cast and crew, including Kalie, make their way up to New York as well. The storm worsens when everyone arrives in the city and once the power goes out something happens to make Kalie and Heather feel like they’re in Freaky Friday.  


Categories: Original Fiction, Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Science Fiction
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 32276 Read: 25113 Published: 06/09/13 Updated: 06/27/13

1. Chapter 1 by CarterFan28

2. Chapter 2 by CarterFan28

3. Chapter 3 by CarterFan28

4. Chapter 4 by CarterFan28

5. Chapter 5 by CarterFan28

6. Chapter 6 by CarterFan28

7. Chapter 7 by CarterFan28

8. Chapter 8 by CarterFan28

9. Chapter 9 by CarterFan28

10. Chapter 10 by CarterFan28

11. Chapter 11 by CarterFan28

12. Chapter 12 by CarterFan28

13. Chapter 13 by CarterFan28

14. Chapter 14 by CarterFan28

15. Chapter 15 by CarterFan28

16. Chapter 16 by CarterFan28

17. Chapter 17 by CarterFan28

18. Chapter 18 by CarterFan28

Chapter 1 by CarterFan28

Chapter 1 So What Was This Dream Baby/A Very Pleasant Surprise

                “So what was this dream baby?” Rich asked Heather as they sat down to breakfast.

                “It’s a long story if you want me to tell you the whole thing,” Heather answered before taking a bite of her toast.

                “We have more than enough time. I’m not going anywhere. Tell me the entire dream,” Rich replied.

                “So,” she started, “It starts off with Jess calling to tell me that her VIP tickets finally shows up in the mail, then I called Kelshie and we talked about the VIP tickets and from there I picked up Melina from the airport and we spent some time together before we both went down the shore to visit Kelshie and Jess.”

                She stopped to eat some more of her breakfast on her plate and Rich said, “It sounds like a normal dream so far. How was it the ‘most emotional, exciting, weird, kick as dream ever’?”

                “I haven’t gotten to that part yet. Like I said it’s a very long story and it gets better baby,” she continued. “We spend about a week down the shore and we have tons of fun then we come back up North and we start planning for this Backstreet Karaoke Challenge that is taking place at the VIP after party.”

                “Karaoke Challenge?”

                “Yes it was my dream. I don’t know what my mind was doing last night but in my dream Backstreet hosted a Karaoke Challenge of nothing but Backstreet songs and the VIP fans competed against each other.”

                “Ok. That actually doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I’ll mention it to the Boys. But continue with your story.”

                “So the Backstreet Buds and I decided to sing Unmistakable and we start practicing it and Steph actually comes up with choreography for us.”

                “You’re sister was even in your dream?”

                “Yes she was. Rose was in my dream too and so were all of our other friends. See in my dream you were assumed dead because of a drug and drinking problem.”

                Rich nodded, “Ok?”

                Heather nodded her head, “And in my dream you wrote me this death letter but I didn’t actually think you were dead even though you were gone for six years. This whole dream was like a soap opera. But anyway…”

                Heather continued to tell her boyfriend about the major details of her dream as they ate breakfast and later when they were cleaning up their plates and pans that were used to make the eggs and French toast.  Her retelling of her dream lasted even as she and Rich walked back up to her bed room to get changed.

                “So let me get this straight,” Rich sat down on the bed and Heather got clothes out of her dresser, “In your dream I had a drug and drinking problem and I was gone for six years. I came back and I finally confessed my love for you. But I didn’t know that you were dating both Nick Carter and I at the same time after Nick Carter fell in love with you after meeting you in the VIP experience. You couldn’t choose between the two of us and you ran away. Then you woke up.”

                “You got it Bud.”

                “Wow. That’s definitely some dream baby,” Rich said watching Heather change into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

                “It was indeed,” Heather replied as she tied up her long brown hair in a ponytail.

                “But I need to ask you something,” Rich looked up at Heather with his baby blue eyes and she could see something was bothering him.

                “What’s wrong honey?”

                “If this dream was true… and you did have to choose between Nick Carter and I… who would you choose?”

                She looked at Rich in her mirror, “That’s easy Bud.” She paused for dramatic effect, “I’d pick Nick in a heartbeat.”

                  Her boyfriend looked at her in total shock.

                “Oh Rich!” she sat down next to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, “Baby I was joking! I would obviously pick you.”

                “Are you sure? He is your favorite Backstreet Boy and for as long as I can remember you were always saying how sexy he is and how beautiful his voice is and not to mention how you might possibly give yourself to him if you ever met him in person.” Rich looked at her with a questioning look.

                “You have a good point there,” she nodded.

                “Oh gee thanks Violet I feel really loved right now.” Rich got up and started changing.

                “Baby I’m only kidding!” Heather chuckled. “Yes Nick Carter has been my celebrity crush since I first heard As Long As You Love Me but that’s all he is to me, a celebrity crush. You’re the love of my life and no one could ever replace you,” she got up and wrapped her arms around his waist before he pulled on a clean shirt.

                He looked over his shoulder at her, “Are you sure?”       

                “Yes I’m sure. You’re my one and only and have I mentioned that you are drop dead gorgeous!”

                She looked at Rich in the big stand up mirror. She loved his baby blue eyes and brown hair that he usually kept spiked up but at the moment it was messy from sleep. He was trim and muscular just the way Heather liked her guys. To sum up Rich, he was the guy of Heather’s dreams.

                “I am pretty good looking aren’t I?” he joked.

                Heather giggled and kissed his shoulder, “You are baby. And I don’t think I’ll find anyone else with a singing voice like yours.”

                “That’s true. I am the perfect package huh?” He turned around and smiled at his girlfriend as he placed her hands on his shoulders.

                She laughed, “You really are honey.”     

                He chuckled then pulled Heather closer. They kissed passionately and when they finished they looked into each other’s eyes for a few seconds.

                “Are you ready to head to the airport?” he asked. “I am.”

                “I am but I think you need a shirt first sweetie.”

                “What you don’t want me to show off in the airport?” he joked.

                “No because I don’t want other girls making eyes at my handsome, chiseled boyfriend,” she winked at him.

                A few minutes later Rich and Heather hopped in her CRV and headed toward the airport.

*MEAN WHILE IN FLORIDA*

****Kalie’s Point of View***

                The warm sunlight coming from the tour bus’s window hit my face and woke me up. I blinked awake and looked at Nick’s face. He was still sleeping and had a grin on his face which made me smile. I looked down at my left hand and watched the diamond sparkle in the sunlight.

                “I can’t believe this is really happening,” I whispered to myself.

                Just then Nick woke up and said as he yawned, “You can’t believe what’s happing babe?”

                “I can’t believe we’re engaged and my dreams are coming true with you,” I answered with a smile.

                He grinned sweetly back at me, “I’m glad they’re coming true with me. I just wish my proposal was a little more romantic. I was going to do it on stage last night but I chickened out and then I was going to propose backstage when you’re family was there but I chickened out there too. I didn’t exactly want to propose on a bunk bed in a moving tour bus.”

                I pushed myself closer to Nick’s lips and spoke over them, looking into his eyes, “I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way baby. It was perfect and totally unexpected. And it was very romantic. Just being held in your arms and feeling your heart beat, that’s the epitome of romance to me.”

                I kissed him and lingered over his lips for a few seconds. I opened my eyes first then when Nick opened his eyes he smiled widely at me.

                “When are you going to call your parents?” he asked as I was looking for my cell phone.

                “Right now,” I answered turning it on.

                I dialed my parents’ home number and heard it ring twice before my mom answered, “Good morning Smith residence.”

                “Good morning mom!”

                “Kalie! How are you sweetie?!”

                “I’m fantastic Mom! Did I wake you up?”

                “No honey your father and I have been up for a while now. What are you so happy about? You were never a morning person.”

                “Is Daddy there?”

                “Yes he is but you didn’t answer my question Kalie Marie.”

                “Can you put the speaker on so I can tell both of you the good news?”

                “Sure hold on one second.”

                She waited until her dad said, “Hey Kiddo! Mom told me you have some good news for us?”

                “Yes! I have the best news ever! Nick proposed last night!”

                Her mom screamed in delight and said, “Congratulations baby!”  

                Kalie could hear the smile in her dad’s voice when he replied, “I’m so happy for you Kiddo. We’ll have to celebrate when you get home.”

                “I have a feeling I’ll be celebrating for a long time Daddy. I’m going to call everyone else while we are on the way to New York.”

                “Ok Kalie,” Mom said, “Have a safe trip and tell Nick that we are happy for you both.”

                “Thanks Mom I will.”

                “We love you Kalie,” they both said.

                “I love you too.”

                The next person I called was my sister Kim, then my brother Kyle and lastly my twin brother Kasey. They were all ecstatic and surprised that Nick actually proposed when he was so against marriage after witnessing his parent’s divorce. But all in all they were extremely happy for me and were already anticipating the wedding.

                Next I called my best friend Michelle and was glad to hear she was with our other best friend Crystal.    

                “Hey Kayl!” Michelle answered excitedly. “You miss us already don’t ya after we saw each other last night,” she laughed.

                “Yes I do but I have really good news! Is Chris home?”

                “Yes he is and Crystal and Dan are here too,” Michelle answered.

                “Oh good that saves me a phone call because my cell is dying. Can you put me on speaker so I can tell you all the good news?”

                “Of course!” Michelle switched to speaker.

                “It’s Tally speaking! How is my Kayl?!” Crystal asked excitedly.

                “Yeah Kayl how is the bus ride to New York going?” Dan, Crystal’s husband asked.

                “It just got about 100 times better last night!” I answered excitedly.

                “Something really exciting happened last night right? Tell us Kayl before Mich has a fit,” Chris, Michelle’s husband, said.

                “Ok, ok I’ll tell you guys,” I paused for a second to put my phone on speaker so Nick could hear our best friends’ reactions. “Nick proposed last night!”

                There was silence on the other end of the line until our best friends said at the same time, “What did you just say?”

                Nick laughed then spoke into the phone, “Kalie said I proposed to her last night.”

                “No way!” Crystal and Michelle said in unison. “Oh my God Kalie!” Our best friends were in shock.

                “Wait you did say yes right?!” Michelle asked.

                We both laughed before I answered, “Of course I said yes!”

                “Congratulations!” our four best friends all screamed.

                “Thanks guys!” I laughed.

                “I can’t believe you finally popped the question Nick,” Chris said.

                “Well what can I say; Kalie is special to me and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I found the perfect ring and I gathered my courage and asked her last night before we fell asleep,” Nick answered.

                “So Kalie tell us how he proposed,” Crystal said excitedly.

                “He and I crawled into the top bunk of the tour bus and as I was lying on his chest he pulled out the ring and asked if I would marry him and I obviously said yes,” I answered simply.

                “That sounds so cute!” Michelle and Crystal screamed.

                “It was,” I smiled at my fiancé.

                “We are all so happy for you!” Crystal said.

                “Thank you! I can’t wait to show you guys the ring when I see you next.”

                “It wouldn’t be too long,” Dan said. “You only have one more show to go then you’ll be coming home and knowing you, you’ll be starting the wedding plans once you are home.” 

                We all chuckled then I said, “We’ll see about that. We have to pick a date first. I hate to cut my conversation short but my cell is dying so I’ll talk to you guys later.”

                “Bye Kalie and Nick! We miss you!” our friends all said.

                “We miss you guys too!” my fiancé and I replied before hanging up.

                Just as I hung up Jenn the tour manager called out, “Rise and shine Backstreet and Backstreet Girls. Anyone hungry for breakfast?”

                “Where are we going?” AJ called back.

                “Cracker Barrel,” Jenn replied.

                “I’m up!” AJ got out of the bottom bunk and headed to the changing room. Rochelle followed laughing.

                “How long do we have until we get there?” Rochelle asked.

                “About ten minutes,” Jenn answered. “Kalie? Nick? You two up?”

                “Yes we are Jenn,” I answered. We’re just trying to figure out how to get down.”

                “Here babe, let me get down first. Then I’ll help you down,” Nick crawled over me then slowly climbed down. I followed and as I used the ladder Nick placed his hands on my waist to help me down. We quickly changed and decided that we would tell everyone our good news when we were sitting down for breakfast.

                We walked out of the tour bus hand in hand and stole a kiss before entering the Cracker Barrel.

                “Why are you too so giddy?” Rochelle asked us as we sat down at the table with the rest of the tour cast and crew from the other bus also Brian, Leighanne, Baylee, Howie Leigh and baby James.

                “You’ll find out in a little bit,” I answered as I sat next to her.

                After our orders were taken Nick spoke up, “Kalie and I have some good news for everyone.”

                Everyone looked at us as Nick took my hand and I smiled.

                He looked at me and smiled as he said, “I’m now engaged to the woman of my dreams.”

                “Oh my God congrats girlie!” Rochelle excitedly hugged me and the rest of the table said their congratulations although everyone was surprised that Nick actually proposed.

                “I think everyone’s more shocked that I changed my mind then actually excited for us baby,” he chuckled.

                “Nick don’t get us wrong we are all very excited for you,” Leighanne said.

                “It’s just that you were so set in your ways against marriage that this is a total shocker,” Brian finished for his wife. “It’s a pleasant surprise, a very pleasant surprise. And I wish you all the happiness in the world Frack.”

                “Thanks Brian.”

                “And Kalie,” Leighanne said, “You are now an official Backstreet Girl for life.”

                I squeezed Nick’s hand, “Thank you Leighanne.”

                Jenn raised her glass of orange juice, “Let’s make a toast to the exciting surprise of Nick and Kalie’s engagement!”

                Everyone else raised their glasses and said together, “To Nick and Kalie!”

                I smiled at Nick before I took a sip of my apple juice and he winked at me.   

Chapter 2 by CarterFan28

Chapter 2 That’s A Silly Question

                After breakfast everyone got back on the tour busses and our long journey to our second to last stop on the This Is Us Tour continued. The hours dragged on and boredom and a slight case of homesickness started to set in as we go closer to our destination but whenever I looked down at the beautiful ring Nick gave me I didn’t mind being in a bus for so long.

BACK IN NEW JERSEY

                Just as Heather and Rich were about half way to the airport, traffic slowed down and eventually stopped.

                “Oh I hate traffic!” Rich said through gritted teeth, “I hope we’re not waiting here for hours.”

                “Baby, relax. If we are stuck here for a while it’s just more time for us to spend together just the two of us,” Heather grabbed Rich’s hand and rested her head on his shoulder.

                “You have a good point there babe.” He kissed her forehead sweetly.

                She looked up at him lovingly and said, “I’m so glad you’re back from tour Rich.”

                “Me too Vi,” he looked back at her as she sat up, “Want to play our traffic game?”

                She grinned, “Let’s do it!”

                They French kissed until the traffic in front of them moved and the drivers behind them started honking their horns. The couple stopped kissing and started giggling as Rich let the car roll forward.

                Heather couldn’t stop staring at her amazing boyfriend. She missed waking up to see his face, the way he held her so close to him as they slept, the way he would just stare into her eyes and smile before kissing her affectionately, all in all she missed every inch of Rich and every little thing he did while he was on the This Is Us tour.

                Rich missed Heather too much and he flew back to New Jersey a day early skipping a show just so he could spend some time with Heather before Melina came for a visit. He didn’t tell her he was coming home early so he surprised her by sneaking into her house and slowly entering her bedroom while she was sleeping. His lips delicately touched hers like he was the prince in Sleeping Beauty or Snow White. She woke up rather surprised and flicked on her light and once her eyes adjusted to the bright light she screamed, “Rich!”

(PURPLE WORDS NOT ON THE WEBSITE!)              She vaulted out of bed and jumped into his arms. They kissed passionately and Heather could feel her heart go into over drive.

                “Remember what I promised you when you got home?” she whispered seductively into his ear.

                “Are you sure you want to?” he replied back kissing her neck.

                “Yes baby.”

                From there it became like a love scene in a romantic movie. The only thing the couple needed was romantic music playing in the background as they made sweet love. They didn’t care that it wasn’t the most romantic setting, they just cared that they were together again after months of being apart.

                After they made love they lay in bed and held each other close.

                Heather smiled at her handsome boyfriend and said, “Welcome home baby.”

                Rich grinned back at her and ran his fingers through her hair, “That was the best welcome home present ever.”

                She giggled and rubbed the side of his face with hers lovingly.

                They stared into each other’s eyes until Rich yawned, “Excuse me. You wore me out babe.”

                “I’m pretty tired myself too. Good night sweet heart. I love you Rich.”

                “I love you too Heather, good night.”

                They kissed then snuggled closer as they fell asleep.

                Heather was brought back from her flash back when Rich asked her, “What are you thinking about Violet?”

                She realized she was staring at him when he spoke to her.

                “I was thinking about last night,” the right side of her lips curved into a cute grin. “I was also thinking that we could do it again tonight.”

                He chuckled, “I was thinking the same thing but Melina is coming remember?”

                “Hence why we are driving to the airport.”

                “We can always wait until she goes back home.”

                “Honey, she’s not sleeping in the same room as us.”

                “You have a point but still, you don’t want to leave her alone while we have fun.”

                “That’s true.”  

                Just as Heather finished her flash back they pulled into airport parking lot. Rich found a parking space and then they walked hand in hand to Melina’s terminal. They didn’t wait long for the passengers to depart Melina’s plane and they found each other right away.

                “Heather!” Melina screamed as she ran toward Heather and gave her a huge hug.

                “Melina! How was your flight blood sister?”

                “It was long! But we didn’t hit turbulence or anything.”

                “That’s good. Melina I want you to meet my boyfriend Rich. Rich this is my German blood sister Melina.”

                Rich shook her hand and smiled, “It’s nice to meet you Melina and welcome to America.”

                “It’s nice to meet you too Rich and thank you.”

                They walked over to baggage claim and quickly found Melina’s luggage.

                “Blood sis,” Melina said, “I have one favor to ask you.”  

                “And that favor would be?” Heather asked.

                “Please keep me up until ten tonight so I can get use to the time change,” Melina answered. “Although I am pretty excited to be here I don’t think you’ll have a hard time keeping me awake.”

                Heather smiled, “No problem. We’ll think of something to do.”

                Rich and Heather decided to take Melina to the local mall for a little bit just to keep Melina awake. After killing time in the mall they headed back toward Heather’s house.

                “So how did you two meet?” Melina asked once Rich started to drive home.

                “Rich and I have known each other since kindergarten and we have been best friends ever since,” Heather replied.

                “So when did you start dating?”

                “We actually started dating a year and a half ago,” Heather grabbed Rich’s hand that he wasn’t using to drive. “But we went to senior prom together.”

                “Awe that’s so cute!” Melina smiled.

                “Yeah he is cute ain’t he?” Heather giggled.

                Rich winked at her then changed the subject, “How would you like to go bowling Melina?”

                “Ok as long as you and Heather want to go bowling also.”

                “Bowling is always fun. Let’s go!” Heather exclaimed.

                Heather, Rich and Melina killed a few hours bowling as they had a lot of laughs.

                When all of their frames were finished they headed back to Heather’s house for a dinner of Melina’s first taste of American pizza and the best garlic knots in town. They all stayed up and talked for a few hours longer until they settled on a movie they all wanted to watch. Surprisingly Melina stayed awake for the entire movie although she was dead tired from her long plane ride and a slight case of jet lag started to set in. As soon as the movie was over and Melina settled herself comfortably on the couch, sleep was calling her name loud and clear.

                “Are you sure you don’t want to sleep in one of the guest rooms? There are two of them,” Heather offered.

                “Thank you Heather but I am too tired to move. This couch is really comfortable. Thank you so much for making sure I am comfortable,” Melina answered graciously.

                “Don’t mention it. Get a good night’s sleep so you are nice and rested for a fun day of hanging out with my crazy friends tomorrow. Trust me you’ll need all the energy you can get to keep up with my group of friends.”

                Melina laughed then asked, “Will Kelshie and Jess be there too?”

                “Yup. They will me stopping by here in the morning before we head out to meet the rest of our group for lazer tag.”

                “Oh ok. It sounds like a lot of fun.”

                “Trust me it will be,” Heather smiled. “Good night bloodsis. I’ll see you in the morning.”

                “Good night bloodsis.”

                “Good night Melina,” Rich smiled at her before he started to climb the stairs after Heather.

                “Good night Rich.”

                Heather and Rich climbed the stairs together hand in hand. Once Heather closed the door to her master bedroom Rich stripped down to his boxers then flopped on the bed. Heather changed into her pajamas and Rich grinned as he watched her do so.

                She looked over her shoulder and said, “What are you grinning at?”

                “Just you,” he replied simply. “Have I ever told you that you’re sexy in pjs?”

                “I think you’ve mentioned it a few times,” she winked then crawled onto the bed next to him. They kissed sweetly then Rich started running his fingers through Heather’s long brown hair as she rest her head on his chest.

                They laid in silence for a few seconds until Heather asked, “So babe, what do you think of Melina?”

                “I have a feeling she and I will become good friends by the end of her stay here. She reminds me of you.”

                “How so?”

                “Well she was a little shy when we first met and you tend to be that way around people you first meet too, she’s sweet, and she’s also pretty. But you’re prettier.”

                “Oh stop Sweet Talker.”

                “It’s the truth though,” Rich defended himself.

                Heather looked into his eyes and smiled before they shared another sweet kiss. After their lips parted, Heather yawned.

                “Some one’s a little sleepy huh babe?” Rich caressed Heather’s hair.

                “Just a little bit honey. Keep running your fingers through my hair and I’ll be asleep in no time.”

                Heather snuggled closer to her boyfriend as his slender fingers slid through her long, soft, brown locks.

                “I love you Rich. Good night.”

                “Good night Vi. I love you too.”

                Heather smiled as she fell asleep.

                The next morning after breakfast, Melina, Rich and Heather sat down in the living room and watched TV together.

                “Heather would you mind if I sleep in one of the guest rooms for the rest of my stay. I didn’t like the sound of the cars going by on the street last night,” Melina commented on the busy street Heather lived on.

                “Which ever guest room you want is yours,” Heather replied.

                “So what are we going to do today?” Rich asked.

                “Jess and Kelshie should be here any minute and then we are going lazer tagging with the Group.”

                “What’s lazer tagging?” Melina questioned.

                “Lazer tag is kind of like regular tag but you play it in this dark place and you are given lazer guns and glow in the dark vests and you tag people with the lazer guns. A group of our closest friends from high school have done this every single year ever since freshman year of high school. It’s a tradition for us.”            

                “It sounds like fun.”       

                “Oh it’s tons of fun,” Rich interjected, “Especially with our group of close friends.”

                Heather chuckled, “Yeah we’re a close knit group of ten nut jobs that have been friends since middle school and we’ve stayed close even though we all took different educational and career paths after high school.”

                “That’s awesome!” Melina smiled.

                Then they were interrupted by the ring of the home phone and Heather got up to answer it.

                “Guess who this is,” the two voices on the other line said after Heather answered the phone.

                “It’s the other half of the Backstreet Buds!” Heather exclaimed instantly recognizing the voices of her two best friends, Jess and Kelshie.

                “You got that right!” Kelshie answered. “We just called to let you know that we are about half way to your house. It should take us an hour and a half to get there.”

                “Ok did you guys have breakfast yet?” Heather asked.

                “Since when do we eat breakfast?” Jess answered sarcastically.

                Heather chuckled, “You have a point there.”

                “So what’s the plan for today when we get there?” Kelshie questioned.

                “Well it’s the annual lazer tag game remember?”

                “Oh that’s right!” they both replied.

                “I almost forgot about that,” Kelshie commented.

                Jess asked, “What time are we going?”

                “I don’t know yet,” Heather answered honestly. “John is going to call me and let me know because he’s the one who made the reservation.”

                “Ok we’ll see you soon but I have to go because my phone is dying and Kelshie’s is already dead,” Jess said.

                “Alright I’ll see you guys in a little bit.”

                Just as Heather hung up the phone rang again and she answered it with a laugh.

                “Well hello Ms. Hermie!”

                “John! How are ya?!”

                “I’m good. How are you?” Heather’s long time good friend said happily.

                “Not bad but I’ll be a lot better when I see the Group tonight!”

                “That is the exact reason why I called. I set the reservation for 5 o’clock and we are all going to meet at Space Odyssey at 4:30 because we might be able to get in two rounds because I pulled some strings and called a few people I know who work there.”

                “Awesome! So how many of us are going?”

                “All ten of the original group! And your friend from Germany is coming along too right?”

                “Yes she is and she seems really interested in it. I showed her some videos on youtube and she says it looks like fun.”

                “Oh she hasn’t seen anything until she plays with us!” John laughed.

                “That’s what I told her!” Heather chuckled back. “So are we going out to the diner afterward?”

                “Oh come on Hermie! It wouldn’t be our tradition if we didn’t go to the Chit Chat Diner after Lazer tagging,” John answered sarcastically.

                She shook her head, “I know that was a silly question.”

                “That’s right!” John laughed. “Well I’ll see you at 4:30 Hermie, I have to go pick up Marcy.”

                “Is she coming with us?”

                “Yes she is. She’ll make our 12th player to even out the teams, plus she really wants to go with us this time.”

                “You know any girlfriend of yours is always welcomed to participate in Group activities. Besides she’s fun to hang out with.”

                “Awe thanks Hermie. I’ll see ya at 4:30.”

                “Later!”   

Chapter 3 by CarterFan28

Chapter 3 One Epic Game of Lazer Tag

                Exactly an hour and a half later Kelshie and Jess walked through Heather’s front door. They didn’t need to be let in because they knew where Heather hid her extra set of keys.

                They tried to sneak in quietly but Shep, Heather’s German shepherd heard them coming and rushed to the door protectively before they could enter. Lacey and Hunter, Heather’s husky and beagle, followed Shep and started barking.

                “Shep it’s us, Aunt Kelshie and Aunt Jess!” Rich, Melina and Heather heard Kelshie say from the hallway.

                 “I’ll go rescue them from the vicious guard dogs,” Rich got up and headed toward the door.

                “But the Pups, as you call them Heather, aren’t vicious,” Melina commented a little confused.

                Heather gave a little giggle, “Rich is just being sarcastic. Shep gets really protective of Rich and I and anyone in the house. Lacey and Hunter just follow him. Once they realize its Kelshie and Jess they’ll be all excited.”

                “And did I hear someone say Aunt Kelshie and Aunt Jess?” Melina questioned with a laugh in her voice.

                Heather smiled, “Jess and Kelshie are like my sisters and the Pups are like my kids so it’s fitting to call Jess and Kelshie Aunt Jess and Aunt Kelshie. And if you like you can be called Aunt Melina.”

                “I would love that!” Melina smiled.

                “Hermie!” Kelshie exclaimed as she walked into the living room with a very excited Hunter right at her heels.

                “Kelshie!” They hugged each other tightly then Jess squeezed Heather.

                “And Melina! It’s so good to see you in person!” Jess smiled. “Facebook is a great way to meet people but I’m so excited to meet you in person!”

                “Yes it’s great to finally meet you Melina!” Kelshie agreed.

                “And it is so nice to meet the both of you!” Melina hugged both Jess and Kelshie.

                “Now all we need is Carly and all five Backstreet Buds will be together,” Heather commented.

                “Will I meet Carly while I’m here?” Melina asked.

                “Of course! She’ll be coming with us to the concert but also you’ll meet her tonight. She’s a part of The Group I was telling you about.”

                “Oh ok. I can’t wait for tonight,” Melina smiled.

                “Me either!” Jess added, “I haven’t seen any of The Group in a while.”

                “Ditto,” Kelshie agreed. “Do we know what time we are meeting everyone?” Kelshie directed the question to Heather.

                Heather replied, “John called me just after I got off the phone with you two and he said we are meeting at Space Odyssey by 4:30 and our reservation is at 5 but he might be able to get us in a little bit earlier.”

                “Oh good I have time for a mid-morning nap!” Kelshie smiled widely.

                “Yay!” Jess agreed.

                “Mid-morning nap? Do I want to know what time you two went to bed last night?” Heather giggled slightly. She knew Jess and Kelshie too well and already knew their answer would involve the un-Godly hours of the morning when people like herself would still be asleep or waking up for a normal day of work.

                “I don’t think you want to know,” Kelshie laughed.

                “Well we weren’t too bad. We got enough sleep to take turns driving up here,” Jess defended herself and her best friend. “But we got up really early to beat traffic.”

                Heather just shook her head and grinned. “Did either of you sleep in the car?”

                “No,” they answered in unison, “We wanted to keep each other company and we were listening to Backstreet the whole way up.” 

                “Go ahead pick which couch you want to nap on while the rest of us get ready.”

                Kelshie and Jess picked the couches they normally vacated while staying at Heather’s house. Hunter, Heather’s beagle, looked up at her Aunt Kelshie with confusion in her eyes. The beagle had her favorite tennis ball in her mouth and she dropped it in front of the couch waiting for Kelshie to pick it up and start an intense game of fetch like they always did.

                “Awe Hunter,” Heather rubbed the beagle’s ear, “Aunt Kelshie is taking a little nap right now so she won’t get killed in Lazer Tag tonight. She’ll play with you when she wakes up.”

                “I’m going to do the dishes,” Rich said walking into the kitchen.

                “Can I help?” Melina asked.

                “No I got it but thanks for offering,” Rich smiled back at her.

                “If you want to Melina, you could help me with getting the sheets on the guest beds,” Heather commented.

                “Ok I’ll be happy to help.”

                It didn’t take long for Rich to finish the dishes and the girls to finish making the guest beds and as the time rolled closer to 4 o’clock Rich, Heather and Melina took showers and got dressed fairly quickly. Soon enough it was 2:30 which gave Jess and Kelshie just enough time to wake up and get themselves ready and for Kelshie to fit in a round of fetch with Hunter.

                “Hunter go wake up Aunt Kelshie,” Heather commanded with an almost babying voice.

                She jumped onto the couch and started licking Kelshie’s face as her tail wagged a mile a minute.

                Kelshie started to giggle then said, “Ok! Ok! I’m up.” She patted Hunter on the head and smiled, “I know what you want to do.” She grabbed the tennis ball and threw it toward the hall way. Hunter bonded off the couch and Kelshie got up.

                “You can take her outside if you want to. You can take all three of them out in the back if you want,” Heather suggested. “I figured we’d let Jess get ready first while you play with the Pups because Hunter was going to have a fit if you didn’t play fetch with her before we left for lazer tag.”

                Kelshie laughed, “I’ll be more than happy to take them in the backyard. Just let me know when Ms. I Can Take Hours To Get Ready is finished.”              

                Heather laughed hardily then replied, “I’ll let you know.”

                “Hey!” Jess woke up just as Kelshie was about to walk out of the living room, “I heard that! And it doesn’t always take me hours to get ready.”

                “Do you want to rephrase that sentence? I don’t believe you my dear,” Kelshie looked accusingly at Jess.

                “Oh just go outside and play fetch!” Jess retorted back.   

                Heather and Melina chuckled at the playful bickering before them.

                “You two are funnier in person then you are over Facebook,” Melina giggled.

                “Why thank you,” Kelshie nodded her head and Jess just laughed.

                After Jess and Kelshie were finished Heather packed a lunch for on the go and everyone hopped in Heather’s car to start the half hour ride to Space Odyssey.

                 By the time they found a parking spot and met the rest of The Group it was exactly 4:30.

                Everyone in The Group was so excited to see each other. It had been months since Jess and Kelshie traveled back up north to visit and everyone rushed to greet them.

                Once everyone said their excited hellos Heather introduced Melina to The Group, “Melina these are my best friends, John, his girlfriend Marcy, Tommy, Rose, Anthony, Mason, and last but not least our Backstreet Bud Carly.”

                “It’s so good to meet you face to face Melina!” Carly gave her a hug.

                “It’s good to meet you too!”

                After The Group welcomed Melina to the United States Tommy said, “So how are we dividing into teams?”

                Anthony replied, “Well there are twelve of us.”

                “How about we do two teams of six,” John said taking control of the situation like he usually did.

                “Boys against girls?” Rose suggested.

                “Agreed,” The Group said together.

                “And the girls call the purple lasers!” Heather and Jess both said then laughed.

                “Ok then now that that’s settled let’s begin the battle,” John clapped his hands together and led the way inside.

                Once The Group sat through the introductory video, the teams’ home bases were established and everyone was handed their censor vests and laser guns the lights were turned off and all the obstacles, vests, and guns glowed in neon colors. The game was intense! People were diving for cover and running in all different directions. Some hid behind obstacles and ambushed the opposite team. Everyone was having a blast!

                “This is like we’re back in high school again!” Heather said to Jess, Melina, and Rose when they were hiding behind an obstacle close to the boys’ home base. They were waiting for the right moment to ambush Mason who was protecting the boys’ target. Once either the boys or girls home target was hit the game ended.

                “This game is intense!” Rose said looking around with laser gun ready. The light show from the two teams’ lasers was quite the spectacle.

                 “Look at Kelshie!” Jess pointed.

                Kelshie was running for cover as John and Rich were chasing after her. They were aiming for her but she ducked behind a wall just in time. The two boys looked at each other and laughed.

                  Rich called out, “You gotta come out sooner or later Kelshie.”

                He didn’t know that Kelshie had crawled closer to the target and they also didn’t know that the other girls were close to the target either.

                Rose motioned for Kelshie to crawl over to the rest of them then she whispered, “On the count of three Kelshie you aim for Rich, Hermie you aim for John. Jess you take out Mason and me and Melina will try to hit the target.”

                “Hey why does Kelshie have to shoot my boyfriend? He tried to aim for me earlier and I want payback,” Heather said half jokingly and half serious.

                “Fine then you aim for Rich and she’ll aim for John,” Rose compromised.

                The girls waited for Rose’s count quietly and once she said three they executed the plan as quickly as they could. Kelshie and Heather hit John and Rich at the same time and both boys were shocked by the vibration their vests made once the laser beam hit them. Mason was confused and slightly stunned by Jess’s hit leaving the home target wide open for Melina and Rose to shoot it. Once the target was hit the ending buzzer sounded and the game ended.

                All 12 friends made their way back to the check in counter and Tommy said to Jess, Melina, Kelshie, Rose and Hermie, “I give you girls credit for that. That was a great ambush.”

                “Rosie was the master mind behind that one,” Jess said.

                Tommy laughed, “Well that was the best ambush I have seen.”

                “Thank you,” Rose smiled.

                Rich came right behind Heather, “Why were you the one who shot me?”

                She giggled, “It was payback for almost shooting me in the first two minutes of the game!”

                “Key word there was almost,” Rich defended himself.

                “But still you tried to shoot me! And I was still trying to get my gun to work correctly!” Heather’s voice got a little louder but there was still a giggle in it.

                “Oh would you too just stop fighting,” John chuckled. “Kiss and make up already.”

                Rich wrapped his arms around Heather’s waist, “Gladly.”

                As they kissed their friends whistled and they heard Anthony say, “Oh get a room.”

                Heather blushed slightly as she and Rich parted lips.

                “You two are such a cute couple!” Rose said with a smile on her face.

                Rich squeezed Heather a little tighter and they both replied, “Aren’t we?”

                The Group headed toward their favorite home town hang out spot, The Chit Chat Dinner.  As usual the food was delicious and The Group caught up on old times telling Melina and John’s girlfriend Marcy hilarious stories from years ago.

                “So Jess, Kelshie,” Mason started, “Dating anyone?”

                “Yes!” the both answered excitedly.

                “Oh really how long?”

                “Garret and I have been dating for six months,” Jess answered showing a picture of her boyfriend which was on her phone.

                “And Jason and I have been dating for five months now,” Kelshie said.

                “Good for you two,” Mason grinned. “Why didn’t they come up with you guys?”

                “Because Backstreet concerts are not to be shared with boyfriends,” all five Backstreet Buds recited together.

                “Damn have you guys practiced?” Tommy laughed.

                “No it’s just that we have all decided to leave our boyfriends at home and have a girls night out whenever we go to a BSB concert,” Heather explained.

                “But Rich will be at the concert,” Anthony commented.

                “That’s different. He won’t be with us in the audience. He’ll be working.”

                “Besides guys don’t have as much fun at BSB concerts as we Backstreet Buds do,” Carly commented, “That’s why I’m not taking you with me Tommy.”

                “How do you know if I wouldn’t have fun or not?” Tommy asked.

                “Do you like Backstreet?”

                “I do admit that they are talented.”

                “Would you really want to be stuck in a concert hall with hundreds of fan girls screaming almost every second over a rich guy your girlfriend wishes she was with?” Kelshie questioned.

                “No,” Tommy said with the face of defeat.

                “That’s why boyfriends are not allowed at Backstreet concerts with the exception of Rich,” Heather said.

                “My boyfriend asked me the same thing when I told him why guys weren’t allowed with us,” Melina added in, “And he had the same reaction as you did Tommy when I explained to him.”

                “Well he could have come with you to visit Melina,” Rich added in. “There is enough room at the house for the both of you. Plus he could have stayed home with The Pups while we were gone.”

                “He actually couldn’t come with me because he was hit with work last minute,” Melina explained. “But thank you for being willing to include him.”

                “It’s no problem. The more the merrier.”            

                As they were finishing up dessert a news flash come up on the TV about the impending hurricane.

                “Hurricane Irene appears to be traveling toward our area. The storm hasn’t made land fall in the southern states on the east coast but it looks like it will make landfall in New York City by Saturday,” the weatherman informed.

                “Saturday?!” Carly nearly screamed. “What are we going to do about the concert on Saturday? Do you think it’ll be canceled?”

                “I don’t think it would be,” Rich commented. “I mean unless it gets really bad then yeah it would but as of now it’s not canceled. I’ll call the tour manager tomorrow morning and ask. But I have a feeling this hurricane isn’t going to be horrible. And if worse comes to worst I’ll take you girls to the next concert.”

                “Ok,” Carly answered, “Just let me know what the manager says.”

                “I will don’t worry,” Rich smiled.

                When everyone was finished and the check was divided up, The Group went on their separate ways. The night ended fairly early to everyone’s dismay but it was a Thursday night and almost everyone needed to go to work the next morning. 

Chapter 4 by CarterFan28

Chapter 4 Could Be Twins

                Being true to his word Rich called the tour manager, Jenn, the next morning.

                “Hey Jenn.”

                “Hello Rich! How was your day early arrival home?” the tour manager asked cordially.

                “It felt so good to surprise my girl and spend some alone time together before we picked up her friend from the airport. How did the last show go without me?”

                “It went off without a hitch luckily. But everyone missed you.”

                “I have to be honest I didn’t miss working,” Rich laughed.

                Jen chuckled, “You were with your girl, and nobody can blame you.”

                “I have one quick question.”

                “And that would be?”

                “What’s going on for Saturday’s show with this hurricane coming?”

                “Well down here it’s been raining but it’s the usual Southern rain. What’s the latest weather report you’ve heard for up by you?”

                “It’s supposed to hit NYC Saturday sometime at night. But it’s been beautiful up here and there should be some other wind storm to push it out to sea. If we do get anything it’ll only be rain and maybe some wind but nothing horrific.”

                “Well we should be in NYC by the morning and we’ll be staying at the hotel across the street from the arena. And as of now we can’t reschedule another concert in NYC so I’m praying the weather holds up.”

                “I highly doubt it’ll be serious. The worst that can happen is we get rain and that’s it. But Heather and I booked a hotel room at the same place you are staying at for after the concert anyway.”

                “Alright. Keep me posted with the weather reports. I’ll see you in NYC. I would talk longer but my cell phone is dying.”

                “Alright Jenn I’ll see you on Saturday then.”

                “Bye Rich.”

*KAILE’S POINT OF VIEW*

                “We might have a slight rescheduling problem,” Jenn said after she got off the phone.

                “What’s the matter Jenn?” Howie asked.

                “Hurricane Irene might make land fall while we are in NYC.”

                “Would we be able to reschedule?” Brian asked. “I don’t want the fans to get stuck in a hurricane just for us.”

                “I agree with Brian,” AJ added in.

                “I don’t think there will be any time to reschedule one in NYC, but Rich told me that it is very unlikely the hurricane would be anything more than just rain. He says the weather has been perfect and Saturday is supposed to be nice with the chance of rain.”

                “Are we still going to New York?” I asked getting a little nervous.             

                “Yes we are. New York hasn’t had a full out hurricane in years. Hurricanes up north are nothing like what we get in Florida, Kayl,” Jen informed me but it didn’t work too well.

                Nick wrapped his arm around my shoulder and brought me closer to him so he could whisper in my ear, “Don’t worry baby, I’ll be there to keep you safe.”

                I absolutely hate hurricanes! Correction I hate any type of storm. But I hate hurricanes the most. Once when I was about 13 I was left home alone in a hurricane and the power went out. I was so scared that I ran two blocks in the driving rain, unbelievable wind, and terrifying thunder and lightning to Nick’s house. At first they didn’t let me in because they couldn’t hear me but I kept screaming at the top of my lungs and finally Mr. Carter looked out the window to find me crying hysterically on their front step.

                Mr. Carter ran out to me and carried me inside. Mrs. Carter ran up to the bathroom and grabbed a bunch of towels and started drying me off. She sent BJ up to her room to get me a dry change of clothes. Mr. Carter sat me down on the couch and cradled me in his arms to sooth me like any father would sooth his own daughter. Nick dried my tears gently. I stayed at the Carter’s for the night and Nick was the one who comforted me the most until my parents came home.

                Ever since then I have been terrified of storms. Nick remembered that night vividly like I have and he has always been strong and comforting making sure I wouldn’t have another panic attack like that night.

                He kissed my cheek and brought me back from that horrible night. He flashed that cute smile of his at me knowing that I was thinking of that night. He started stroking my hair and his gentle hands reassured me even more.

                So our journey up north to New York continued. And it seemed like at every mile marker I prayed that Hurricane Irene would move out to sea and never touch New York City.

                Finally two days later we reached New York and everyone was glad to get off the bus and into their own hotel room. And to my happy surprise it was a beautiful day.

                Nick and I walked hand in hand out of the bus together.

                “See babe, nothing to worry about. It’s perfect summer weather out here.”

                “But weather can change in a split second honey.”

                “Oh Kayl just relax. Like I said to you on the bus when Rich called, I’ll be here to comfort you. And if the storm happens during the concert you won’t be able to hear it anyway. You would never know it’s going on in the first place. That’s if the storm will even come.”

                I smiled up at him trying to hide my fear of the storm but it didn’t work. My fear couldn’t hide from Nick.

                He and I stepped into the hotel lobby and he lifted my chin up so we were looking into each other’s eyes, “I won’t ever let you get locked out in a storm again. I know how much that scared you all those years ago. But there’s no need to be scared while I’m around. How about we go up to the room and get some room service, take a nap or rent a movie or whatever you want to do. We have a long while to wait for the show. I can help get your mind off of the storm.”

                “That sounds good baby,” this time when I smiled at him he kissed my cheek and smiled back.

                “Are you ok Kalie?” Jen asked.

                “I’m ok. Just a little tired. I didn’t get that much sleep in the last two days. I’ve been having weird dreams lately.”

                “If you want to take the night off tonight feel free too.”

                “No Jen I’ll be fine. I’ve got plenty of time to nap before the show and a bed that is not in motion is calling my name.”

                Jen smirked, “Alright then, here’s your room cards. Your room is 228.”

                “Thanks Jen.”

                “Go get some rest.”

                “I’ll make sure she gets all the rest she can,” Nick wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked to the elevator together.            

                Once we got up to the room Nick and I unpacked the outfits we would need for the show then ordered room service. We curled up on the couch next to each other and watched TV as we ate.

                “How about we have some dessert, babe,” Nick brushed back my hair so he could kiss my skin that was left bare from the shirt that was designed to hang off of my shoulders. He was sending chills down my spine as his kisses traveled up my neck and onto my temple.

                I gently pressed my hand onto Nick’s chest and stopped his kisses.

                “Can we just watch a movie or take a nap please? I didn’t get too much sleep at all last night thinking about Hurricane Irene. Can we save “dessert” for some other time? I don’t want to be tired for the show tonight sweetie.”

                Nick looked at me and rubbed his thumb under my eye, “You do look exhausted baby. And to be honest I didn’t get much sleep last night either.”

                “We have like three hours to catch up on lost sleep,” I rubbed my tired eyes.

                “Let’s go lay down. A three hour nap sounds good to me.”

                We got off the couch and went into the bedroom together. Nick plopped down on the bed first and I lay down next to him. I rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. It didn’t take me long to fall asleep but I didn’t stay a sleep for as long as I wanted to.

                I dreamed of the upcoming show. The usual routine was followed for a concert night until this unfamiliar woman pushed me out of one of the back doors and locked me out. Just as she locked the door, looked out the window and smiled a devilish grin at me, the winds picked up, lightning struck dangerously close to me, thunder rumbled and rain poured down on me. I became panic stricken. I begged for this woman to let me back in but she just laughed then walked away. I started screaming frantically for someone to let me in and I banged my fists against the door.

                It turned out that I was hitting Nick in reality. He woke up and grabbed my hand before I could punch him in the gut again.

                “Kalie, sweetheart wake up,” Nick said calmly but with a strong voice over my screams of, “Please let me in!”

                I woke up with wide, panicked eyes.

                “What did you dream about baby?” Nick gently held my face in his hands and turned my head slowly to look into my eyes.

                “This random bitch threw me out in the hurricane and locked me out. I begged for her to let me back in and she just smirked at me and walked away. I don’t even know her but it was like she knew I was terrified of storms.”

                “It was just a dream baby. It’s not even raining now. Come here,” he laid back down and patted his chest for me to lay back down too, “let’s go back to sleep.”

                As I laid back down he kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear, “I’m here baby. I promise I’ll keep you safe.”  

                  He stroked my hair and held me protectively in his arms and I wasn’t afraid anymore.

                After our nap Nick woke me up with a kiss and we started to get ready to head across the street for the show. When we stepped out of the elevator an expected group of people were checking in at the front desk.

                “What are you four doing in NYC?!” I called out very excitedly.

                “KALIE! NICK!” my best friends Michelle and Crystal screamed and ran toward me. Their husbands Chris and Dan picked up their hotel keys and calmly walked behind their wives with big grins on their faces.

                My besties grabbed me into an exuberant group hug and Chris, Dan and Nick did that hug that guys are not “embarrassed” to do in public.

                “So what are you guys doing here?!” I asked again.

                “We wanted to see the ring!” Michelle smiled widely.

                “You couldn’t wait until I got home?” I laughed.

                “Of course not!” Crystal giggled. “Now come on let’s see it!”

                I extended my hand showing off the beautiful diamond.

                “It’s gorgeous!” they said at the same time. “Congratulations!”

                They pulled me into another hug then turned to Nick and hugged him.

                “Congrats you two,” Dan smiled then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

                “It took you long enough Kaos,” Chris joked then he too kissed my cheek.

                “What can I say,” Nick shrugged. “I had to wait for the right moment.”

                “So what are you four really in NYC for?” I questioned looking at the four faces I loved to see.

                “Nick told us he was going to propose,” Dan spilled. He was always the one who spoke the truth first.

                “He was actually going to propose at the show in Orlando but he chickened out,” Chris added.

                “Really babe?” I grabbed Nick’s hand.

                “Yeah. I was going to get down on one knee after She’s A Dream or This Is Us but I realized it wasn’t the right place or time,” he looked into my eyes and grinned.

                “So that’s why my entire family and all my besties were there and watched us so intently.”

                “Well that was a big part of why we were there,” Crystal said, “but mainly we wanted to see you live out your dream dancing on stage with Backstreet! Duh!”

                “And we are here today to watch you really fulfill your dream!” Michelle grabbed my shoulders, “You’ll be dancing on a New York City stage!”

                “I know!” I grinned back excitedly. It had always been my dream since I met a Broadway dancer that my dancing coach Diangela knew.

                “Not to mention we all wanted to hear how Kaos proposed,” Chris added in.

                “You all wanted to hear how I proposed?” Nick was shocked.

                Chris blushed a little bit, “Yeah, Dan and I want to hear the story too.”

                Nick laughed slightly, “Married life has made you two soft hasn’t it?”

                I smacked him on the arm.

                “I was just joking!” Nick laughed.

                “Come on Kay! How did he propose?!” Michelle asked impatiently.

                “Ok chill down. I’ll tell ya. After that show, we climbed into the top bunk together on the tour bus and he recited the lyrics to Two Is Better Than One to me and slipped the ring on my finger,” I answered simply with a grin.

                The boys nodded their heads in approval. My girlies were stunned.

                “What’s wrong?” I raised my eyebrow.

                “You got engaged…” Michelle stumbled with her words, “on the bus.”

                I nodded my head.

                “Really?” Crystal said to Nick, “The tour bus doesn’t sound so romantic to me. I figured you would’ve taken her to some fancy restaurant at least.”

                “You figured wrong,” Nick answered. “I didn’t want to be in some public place where there was the possibility of the paparazzi showing up and I wanted it to be simple but romantic.”

                “But a bunk bed on a tour bus does not sound romantic at all,” Michelle almost screamed.

                “Mich chill, maybe I should explain it again,” I waited for the almost mad look on Michelle’s face to diminish as she focused on me, “He helped me into the top bunk and we were snuggling in the dark when he started telling me that he changed his mind on something. That thing was marriage. He asked me to marry him, I was in complete shock so I flicked on the light to see the ring and that’s when I knew he was serious. And that’s how he proposed.”

                I smiled brightly as I grabbed Nick’s hand and Crystal clasped her hands together, “Awe! That’s so cute! And that is so Nick!”

                “That is cute,” Michelle agreed, “And Tally is right that is totally something Nick would do.”  

                “Geez don’t seem so excited over it Girlies,” Nick teased.

                “Oh we are very excited for you two!” Crystal exclaimed.

                “Yeah we are very excited for you both!” Michelle added. My besties engulfed us in a group hug to show us their excitement.

                “How about we go out to lunch just the six of us to celebrate?” Chris suggested.

                “Now?” Nick asked.

                “Yeah why not?”

                “We would love to but Kay and I have to head across the street to get ready for the show.”

                “Oh that’s right. Well we’ll see you backstage then after we bring our stuff in to the rooms.”

                “Yeah get yourselves settled then come on over.”

                “I’m so happy you showed up!” I hugged my besties again. “We’ll see you in a little bit.”

                Nick and I walked across the street hand in hand to the concert hall.

****MEAN WHILE****

                “I still cannot believe I am in New York City!” Melina exclaimed as the car pulled into the hotel’s parking garage.

                “I still can’t believe we are going to meet the Backstreet Boys!” Carly said excitedly.

                The girls joined each other in a joyous scream.

                Rich chuckled, “You five aren’t excited at all huh?”

                “Not at all!” Heather joked back.  

                “You girls nearly blew out my ear drums.”

                “Awe I’m sorry baby,” she kissed the patch of skin right next to his ear. “Does that feel better?”

                “Yes thank you. I’ll just make sure I’m not anywhere near you when I do introduce the Boys to you.”

                “No I think you’ll have to stand behind your girlfriend because she’ll probably faint when she gets introduced to Nick,” Kelshie said.

                “Yeah you’re right,” he agreed. “And then I’ll lose all confidence in myself because she’ll be thinking of no one except Nick Carter for a week.”

                “Baby!” Heather wrapped her arms around his neck, “I’ll only be thinking about him for one day and then tomorrow I’ll go back to thinking about no one but you.” She giggled then stuck her tongue out at him. 

                “Gee I feel so much better now.”

                “I love you!” she said in a babying voice.

                “Come on let’s go check into our rooms then we’ll come back for the bags.”

                Just as Rich and the Backstreet Buds walked into the hotel lobby, Kalie and Nick were walking out.

                “Oh my God it’s Nick Carter!” Kelshie exclaimed in an excited whisper.

                Heather stopped dead in her tracks when she realized her favorite Backstreet Boy and major celebrity crush was walking in her direction. Her best friends piled up behind her in shock that they were a few feet away from Nick Carter.

                Rich continued on and called out, “Hey Nick!”

                “Rich my partner in crime, what’s up?!” Nick called back.

                Heather and her Backstreet Buds were frozen but Rich grabbed Heather’s hand and practically dragged her closer to Nick. Kelshie grabbed onto Heather’s shoulder, Jess grabbed onto Kelshie’s shoulder, Carly grabbed Jess’s hand and Melina grabbed onto the back of Carly’s shirt creating a human chain of pure shock.

                Nick and Rich shook hands and Nick said, “I missed you at the last show Rich. It wasn’t the same without you.”

                “I missed being behind the DJ stand but I had to go home even if it was for just a day. I needed to see my girl,” Rich squeezed Heather’s hand and her eyes darted from her boyfriend to her celebrity crush standing right in front of her.

                “And this must be your girl,” Nick smiled at Heather.

                Rich pushed Heather a little closer and said, “Nick, this is Heather, Heather,” he chuckled, “you already know who he is.”

                Nick extended his hand, “It’s nice to finally meet you Heather. Your boyfriend has told me a lot about you.”

                Heather swallowed back her pure shock and said breathlessly, “It’s so nice to meet you too!”

                They shook hands then she introduced the Backstreet Buds, “These are my Backstreet Buds Kelshie, Jess, Carly and Melina.”

                “Nice to meet all of you,” Nick shook each of the Backstreet Bud’s hand. “And I would like to introduce you all to my fiancé Kalie.”

                Kalie stepped forward and smiled and shook everyone’s hand also.

                “I like that you call yourselves the Backstreet Buds that’s cute,” Kalie said graciously.

                “We’ve been calling each other that for as long as I can remember,” Heather answered.

                Nick and Rich kept looking at Heather and Kalie until finally Nick said to Heather, “When Kalie and Rich were first introduced to each other on tour, he said that you two look alike. And looking at you two face to face he’s right.”

                Rich said, “I was wondering why you kept eyeing my girl there Mr. Carter.”

                “Oh Mr. Lani I didn’t mean anything by it. It’s just that you are right, Kalie and Heather do look a lot alike,” Nick defended himself.

                The Backstreet Buds looked at Heather then at Kalie then back at Heather then back at Kalie and exclaimed, “My God you do look alike! You could be twins!”

                “I guess we do,” Kalie laughed.

                “I guess so,” Heather smiled.

                “Well I hate to rush our meeting,” Nick spoke up, “but we have to get across the street so we have enough time to get ready.”

                “It was nice meeting all of you,” Kalie said with a smile, “We’ll see you in a little bit Rich.”

                “Yeah I’ll be right over as soon as I help the girls get their bags into the rooms. And you’ll see the girls back stage, they’ll be hanging out with us tonight,” Rich informed.

                “I would love to show them around and I’d be happy to have them hang out with me and my friends while the Boys get ready,” Kalie said.

                “Awesome,” Heather answered, “See you in a little bit.”

                “Later girls,” Nick smiled. “And Rich I’ll tell the boss you are here so she won’t scream at you.”

                “Thanks man. I’ll be over shortly.”

                Nick and Kalie waved as they walked out of the hotel and the Backstreet Buds and Rich waved back. 

Chapter 5 by CarterFan28

Chapter 5 JERK!

                Heather and the Backstreet Buds watched as Nick and Kalie walked out the lobby door hand in hand still in shock.

                “Come on girls let’s go up to our rooms,” Rich said taking hold of his girlfriend’s hand and started to drag her toward the elevator. In return the Backstreet Buds linked hands with one another so they could be guided by Rich and still have their eyes on the Backstreet Boy they had just met. Their heads turned forward after Nick and Kalie slipped out of sight and blended in with the rest of the people on the New York City side walk.

                Rich looked back at the girls and chuckled at their blank faces and wide eyes, “Are you five ever going to talk?”

                They just shook their heads as a response not uttering a single word.

                “I can’t wait until you meet the other three boys,” he grinned as they entered the elevator.

                The Backstreet Buds looked at each other and smiles broke out on their faces yet they continued to be quiet.

                Heather and Rich went to their separate room and the other four girls shared their own hotel room. The rooms were connected by a common door and passage way in the closets. Kalie and Rich had just thrown their bags on the bed when Kelshie, Jess, Melina and Carly rushed through the common door and all five girls screamed!

                “WE JUST MET NICK CARTER! AND WE’RE GOING TO MEET THE REST OF BACKSTREET IN A MATTER OF MINUTES!”

                Rich covered his ears as the girls bounced around the room and continued to scream like a bunch of school girls, “Girls relax! There are other people in the hotel besides us you have to keep your voices down I know you’re excited.”

                Heather broke away from the joyous jumping circle and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend’s neck, “Have I mentioned that you are the best boyfriend ever! You are actually introducing me and my besties to the Backstreet Boys! And we already met Nick Carter!” She planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek, one she knew he wasn’t going to enjoy too well.

                She was right, because he always reacted the same way whenever she kissed him sloppily. He wrinkled up his face and wiped his cheek off quickly, “I’m re-thinking my decision about letting you meet them after that kiss which you know I hate.” He semi glared at her.

                The demeanor of all five girls changed in a heartbeat. Heathers eyes became sad and she pleaded, “Baby no! I was kidding with that kiss you know that!”

                “Come on Rich, you don’t know how long we have been waiting to meet them!” Carly begged.

                “We have been their loyal fans since the beginning!” Jess cried out.

                “Hermie,” Kelshie started, “Go get tongue tied with him or turn him on or SOMETHING! Just make him keep his promise of letting us met Backstreet. We’re all desperate here!”

                Rich laughed heartily, “I’m just joking! Geesh I’m going to introduce you to Backstreet chill.”

                Heather slapped his arm lightly, “Don’t scare the five of us like that!”

                “Oh come on! You nearly blew my ear drums off I had to retaliate somehow. Now you girls go get unpacked and ready to go across the street.

                The girls raced back into their room and quickly unpacked their things kind of haphazardly as did Heather. The five girls touched up their makeup and were ready to go while Rich was still lollygagging around. Then his cell phone rang.

                “Hey boss,” he said rather hesitantly.

                “Please get your ass over here! Nick told me you just got checked into the hotel and I know you are probably unpacking but you have to get here so we can set up,” Jen said.

                “Alright I’ll be right there I’m heading out the door now.”

                Just as Rich hung up Heather and her best friends practically ran out to the hallway. Rich shook his head as he followed.

                As they walked across the street, the Backstreet Buds couldn’t stop talking about how excited they were about the concert and the meeting of their favorite singers. Heather did most of the talking to be truthful. But she’s one of those people who show their excitement through a babbling mouth and continuous bouncing.   

                Then seemingly out of nowhere she asked Rich out of pure curiosity, “So how long have Nick and Kalie been together?”         

                “What? Are you disappointed that Nick’s taken and you can’t dump me for him?”

                “Rich!” she said taken aback. “What’s with you? I just asked you a simple question. You know how curious I am. Why would you even think that I would dump you for him in the first place?”

                “To answer your first question Kalie and Nick grew up together and she’s one of the Backstreet Dancers. They just got engaged,” he answered rather crossly.

                “Ok. Now what about my second and third questions?”

                “We’ll talk about it later.”

                “Why can’t we talk about it now?”

                “Because we’ll talk about it later, I’m already late as it is.”

                The Backstreet Buds’ eyes widened as silence fell between the couple in front of them.

                Carly whipped out her cell phone and texted out the message, “What just happened?”, and showed her best friends. The other three shrugged.

                Jess took out her phone and texted, “Knowing Heather she won’t let this little fight get in the way of her having fun tonight. I mean come on we are at a BSB concert.”

                The other three nodded their heads in silent agreement. It was a tad awkward now that Rich had some sort of stick up his ass all of a sudden. The best friends became a little concerned when Heather reached for Rich’s free swinging hand and he shoved it in his pocket to avoid the tiny public display of affection. The girls could see and feel Heather’s disappointment through her body language.

                Kelshie then took out her phone and texted, “Oh boy. Here we go. I really hope she won’t let this get in the way of having fun at this concert.”

                The lines of fans waiting to get in the venue were massive. A few fans waiting on the VIP line started to complain when the guard standing in front of the main entrance opened the door for Rich and the Backstreet Buds.

                “Why are they being let in early?” the crowd started to yell. “That’s not fair! They don’t have VIP passes!”

                “Look,” the guard’s voice boomed over the commotion, “they don’t need VIP passes because they are a part of the tour crew. Now cool your jets or I won’t let any of you in.”

                Rich called over his shoulder, “Mac I owe you big time! You just saved me from mutinous Backstreet fans.”

                The body guard chuckled, “Well the Boys need you on stage tonight.”

                Rich walked hurriedly to some unknown destination. The girls followed behind with quickened steps to keep up. Then Rich turned a corner and disappeared through an open door. As Heather turned the corner Rich slammed the door shut behind him leaving his girlfriend staring at the paper sign reading the title DJ Lani inside a gold star. Heather’s best friends gasped. They stood like statues and waited for Heather’s reaction.

                She could feel her blood start to boil and her body start to tremble. She clenched her fists and screamed at the closed door, “How dare you slam the door in my face! How dare you!” She slammed the side of her fist against the door with all of her might. “I don’t know what the fuck is up your ass but you better explain yourself by the end of the night unless you want someone who will take you in because you’re not coming home with me with this sudden attitude!”

                Her best friends didn’t say anything as they watched her rip the sign off the door and rip it to shreds.

                “Come on Hermie let’s forget him and go find out where we’re supposed to meet Backstreet,” Kelshie said touching Heather’s shoulder.

                  “Only problem is I don’t know where the hell that’s supposed to be,” she replied gruffly.

                “Is everything ok Heather?” a semi familiar voice said from behind.

                The five girls turned around to find Kalie standing there with a concerned look on her face.

                “Oh hi Kalie,” Heather said trying to cover up her anger.

                “Can I help you guys?” Kalie asked kindly.

                “Actually you can,” Kelshie answered.

                “Rich slammed the door in my face and won’t talk to me,” Heather said with annoyance in her voice.

                “I’m sorry,” Kalie winced. “Can I do anything to make you feel better?”

                Jess replied for her best friend, “She’ll feel a lot better if you could introduce us to Backstreet. Rich was supposed to but he did just slam a door in his girlfriend’s face.”

                Kalie grabbed Heather’s hand and smiled, “Come on. I’ll do more than introduce you to Backstreet, I’ll invite you five to come have a quick dinner with us and chill before the show.”

                As they walked away the Backstreet Buds looked at each other, smiled then said excitedly in unison, “You are the best Kalie!”

                They took a short walk to the room where a light dinner was waiting for the tour’s cast and crew.

                Tiffany, one of the BSB dancers, was the first to greet Kalie and the Backstreet Buds, “Who do you have with you Kayl?” Tiffany smiled at the Backstreet Buds and the other two dancers, Hanna and Sue, came closer.

                “This is Heather, Kelshie, Jess, Melina and Carly. They call themselves the Backstreet Buds. Heather is Rich’s girlfriend,” Kalie introduced them to the other dancers. Then after they all shook hands she said, “They are going to hang with us before and after the show.”

                “Where’s Rich?” Sue asked.

                “He decided to act like a jerk for no reason and as of now we’re not talking,” Heather answered simply.

                “Oh I’m sorry,” Sue said honestly.

                “Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. I’ll finally be able to meet the Backstreet Boys tonight with my four best friends so I really don’t care if he’s acting like this.”

                “Well there’s a way of looking on the bright side,” Hanna commented with a slight laugh in her voice, “I’m guessing you five are real Backstreet fans huh?”

                “Huge Backstreet fans since the beginning,” all five said in unison.

                The Backstreet dancers giggled.

                “Well the Boys should be here soon. In the meantime please help yourselves to some dinner. There’s not that much to choose from because we can’t eat anything really heavy before we hit the stage,” Kalie offered.

                It wasn’t long until Backstreet entered the room. And to the Backstreet Buds’ surprise Nick remembered all of their names.

                “Hey Carly, Melina, Jess, Kelshie, and Heather. It’s nice to see you girls back stage. I’d like to introduce you all to Brian, Howie, AJ and Kevin who came to surprise us tonight.”

                The Backstreet Buds excitedly shook hands with Backstreet and all five Boys gave the girls autographs and took pictures with the star struck fans. To the Backstreet Buds’ amazement they were actually able to have a full half hour conversation with their favorite singers and none of them got tongue tied. Heather was enjoying herself so much that she had forgotten about Rich’s out of character attitude until Nick asked, “Where’s DJ Lani? I thought you girls came with him?”

                 “I don’t know what suddenly got shoved up his ass but he decided to have an attitude with me and slammed the door to his dressing room in my face,” Heather answered with annoyance in her voice although she kept herself pretty calm.

                Nick winced, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know you guys weren’t talking.”

                “This just happened while we were walking here, right out of the blue. But it’s not your fault,” Heather replied.

                “Well is there something I can do to make it up to you?”

                “I’ll punch him and set him straight for ya,” Brian joked.

                “Yeah we’ll beat him up so he’ll get his attitude back to normal,” AJ kidded.

                Heather smirked, “No that’s ok. I finally got to meet all five of my heroes and I’m here with my best friends and nothing is going to get in the way of me having fun tonight.”

                “That’s the spirit!” Howie nodded his head and smiled.

                “But still I feel bad that I brought up a touchy subject,” Nick looked into Heather’s eyes, “Are you sure there’s nothing else I can do for you guys before we go to the meet and greet?”

                “Maybe there’s a song you would like to hear that’s not on the set list?” Kevin suggested.

                “Actually there is one song that we would all love to hear that you guys don’t sing live anymore,” Heather answered grinning as she looked at her best friends.

                “And what song would that be?” Howie asked kindly.

                 “Drowning!” the Backstreet Buds exclaimed.

                “Especially since Kevin is here tonight,” Heather smiled.

                “Drowning coming right up!” Nick winked at her and started a quick harmonization with his band mates while the Backstreet Buds got their cameras ready.

                After AJ ended the song Heather exclaimed, “That was fantastic!”

                “We’re glad you liked it,” Kevin smiled graciously at her.

                “Thank you so much!” Heather hugged each of the Boys one by one saving Nick for last.

                “Your number one dream finally came true Hermie!” Kelshie exclaimed. “You must be on cloud nine right now!”

                She giggled like a little girl as Nick hugged her and she answered, “Oh hell yeah I am!”

                Just as Nick released his embrace Rich walked into the room and announced, “Five minutes to meet and greet.”

                “Thanks Lani,” Howie replied to Rich’s rather unenthused call.

                 Rich didn’t say anything; he just grabbed a sandwich off the tray. Heather glanced at him and he gave her a dirty look then he headed back out the door with a rigid frame.  

                The room fell into an awkward silence as the DJ left the room. Heather rolled her eyes and the Backstreet Buds gathered around her to try and comfort her.

                Before the Boys went to the meet and greet, they formed their usual prayer circle with their dancers and DJ Lani and asked for a successful and safe show. When they broke apart Heather called out, “Good luck to all of you. Break a leg.”

                She made eye contact with Rich and said, “And I do mean all of you.”

                Rich just walked away.

                “I can’t believe he’s acting this way,” Carly said walking closer to Heather.

                “He’s being so weird! This is not like Rich at all,” Jess commented.

                “I’m sorry bloodsis,” Melina touched Heather’s shoulder.

                “Don’t be sorry. If he’s going to act this way towards me let him because I’m done. I’m fucking done.”

                “Let me see something,” Kelshie said. She walked up to Rich and said, “Good luck out there tonight.”

                He looked at her and said kindly, “Thanks.”

                That pushed Kelshie over the edge, “Oh sure you’ll talk to me but not even your own girlfriend for no reason?!” She raised her hand in a flash and smacked him right across his face. He never saw her hand coming. “JERK!”

                Everyone who was watching walked away hurriedly to where they needed to be and Kalie showed the Backstreet Buds to where they could wait for the sound check.

***Nick’s Point Of View right before the Meet and Greet***

                Once the tension died down and the Boys and I were getting ready for the meet and greet I said to my band mates, “I never expected that slap!”

                “That must’ve hurt,” AJ chuckled slightly.

                “I wonder what happened between those two,” Howie thought out loud to the group.

                Brian added in, “It must have been something bad because Rich has always been so exuberant whenever he has talked about Heather. He really loves her.”

                We nodded our heads in agreement and then just before the fans were let in for the meet and greet Rich walked on stage to set up for the sound check.

                “Hey Lani,” AJ called out. “Are you alright?”

                “What happened with you and your girl?” my curiosity just spilled out of my mouth.

                “Lay off it man it’s none of your business,” he responded dryly.

                I just shrugged it off and let him set up his DJ stand and the first group of fans was let in for the meet and greet.     

                About half way through the meet and greet Rich came over to me after two trashy looking girls walked away from us to get their seats for the sound check party.

                “Remember I told you about my drug addict bitch of a step sister and my pathetic ex girlfriend?”

                “Yeah why?” Rich had me really confused.

                “Those two that just walked away from you are Harper and Harlow.”

                “But I thought you said they were dead?!”

                “I said that it wouldn’t surprise me if they did turn up dead, I didn’t know for sure if they actually were or not but it looks like I’m wrong. Shit. My night just got 100 times better,” he said sarcastically.

                I chuckled slightly, “They look like hookers.”

                “They probably are,” he answered matter of factly.    

Chapter 6 by CarterFan28

Chapter 6 Rain and A Few Thunder-Boomers

***Nick’s Point Of View***

                The last fan we greeted was giving off this strange vibe. She didn’t look like any of the “usual” fans that came to meet and greets. (“Usual” being defined as wearing a BSB shirt from a previous tour, or one bought newly from the merchandise stand, or a shirt that they decorated themselves.) This girl was wearing an almost medieval looking dress that made her large breasts almost pop out of the top of the corset, and honestly it just made her look slutty. She was even sluttier than the two girls Rich claimed to be the “druggies”. Her hair was extremely long and the shiniest black I have ever seen. To be honest it looked fake or dyed too many times to be natural. She had dark green eyes that I didn’t want to stare into but I couldn’t help but look into them because I had never seen that color before. They just captured my eye and seemed to pull me into a trance. She was pretty, I’ll give her that, but she gave me this uneasy feeling as her hand slowly creped down my back while she was taking a picture with us. She didn’t seem thrilled to meet the rest of Backstreet but she was infatuated with me. Now each of us get our fair share of fans that prefer one Boy over the other and we don’t mind hearing ‘you’re my favorite’ but this girl was just plain creepy! I think the creepiest thing about her, besides her eyes that almost hypnotized me, was the feeling she gave off of knowing her from somewhere, like from a nightmare of mine, yet I’ve never met her before.

                “Are you alright man?” AJ asked before we walked on stage for the sound check party.

                I didn’t realize that I was staring at the black haired girl as she was walking to her seat in front of the stage. I shook my head and looked at AJ, “Yeah I’m fine I didn’t even know I was staring at her. I don’t know what it is about her but… she gives me this strange feeling.”

                “What type of strange feeling?” Howie nudged my elbow jokingly.

                “D come on, the only one who could make me feel that way is Kalie,” I knocked that thought out of his head, “She made me feel uncomfortable in a creped out way.”

                “She gave me the willies too Frack,” Brian said with a visible shiver as he walked toward the stage.

                “And that’s why we have bodyguards,” AJ added in.

                With that I followed Backstreet and we all jumped when we heard a loud crack of thunder.

***Kalie’s Point of View***

                BOOM!

                The Backstreet Dancers, Backstreet Buds, and I jumped when we heard the loud sound. We dancers just got our makeup finished and the loud noise interrupted our conversation.         

                “Was that thunder?” I looked around trying to keep my voice level.

                “It sounded like thunder,” Heather answered.

                Oh shit!, I thought to myself. I thought the weather was fine before.

                Then Jen the tour manager poked her head into the dressing room, “We are cancelling the sound check because the weather looks like it’s not going to hold up for the fans waiting outside. The Boys are all warmed up and ready to perform so we’re letting everyone in the arena now.”

                “Are there a lot of fans standing out there?” Tiffany asked.

                “Surprisingly not really, I guess they all stayed home when the weather reports turned for the worst. We should get everyone into their seats in less than half an hour. If that indicates how many people are standing out there.”

                “Oh wow that is a very small crowd!” Tiffany replied.

                “I guess Hurricane Irene has scared everyone away.”

                “But I thought New York was out of the hurricane belt,” I thought out loud nervously.

                “We haven’t had a really bad hurricane up here in about twenty years but the weather reports did say this one could go either way. Irene wants to stop by for a while it looks like,” Heather shrugged.

                “I doubt it’ll be anything but rain and a few thunder-boomers here and there,” Kelshie added in.

                My heart started to beat slightly faster. I tried to keep my composure. No one besides Nick knew how terrified I can be when it came to storms. Plus I didn’t want to look like an idiot being afraid of nothing but “rain and thunder-boomers” as Kelshie put it when everyone else around me shrugged off Hurricane Irene.           

                Another crack of thunder erupted unexpectedly which made each of us jump again. The Backstreet Buds laughed at each other’s reactions as they walked out of the room but I nearly froze. My hands started to shake slightly and I wanted to find Nick as soon as possible to calm me down.

***Nick’s Point of View***   

                When I heard the second loud crack of thunder reverberate through the bowels of the arena my mind immediately went to Kalie. She was probably nervous and probably started to shake while trying to hide her nerves from whoever she was with. I turned around to go back toward the dancers’ dressing room but Jen stood in my way.

                “Where are you going?” she asked. “You have a show to put on.”

                “I have to tell Kayl something.”

                “I’m sure it can wait until after the show if we even have one tonight.”

                “What do you mean?”

                “We just got all the people who are waiting outside into their seats before the rain started. We just watched the weather report and they’re saying the city might lose power.”

                “How many fans actually showed up?”

                “Fifty including Rich’s girlfriend and her friends.”

                “Wow. Now you know who the diehard fans are,” I chuckled. I tried to step around Jen but she placed her hand on my shoulder and pushed me back.

                “Go entertain those fifty diehards,” she said pointing a finger toward the stage, “We’re starting early.”

                There was no getting by the manager now. I headed back to the stage still worrying about my fiancé.

***Kalie’s Point Of View***

                I was just about to reach for my phone when the bodyguard Bruce knocked on the door.

                “Are you girls all dressed so I can open the door?  I have a surprise for Kalie,” his voice boomed from behind the closed door.

                “Yeah come on in,” I called back.

                He opened the door and in walked Michelle, Crystal, Chris and Dan.

                “I thought you guys were never going to show up!” I said relieved to see my best friends even though they too had no clue the storm was scaring me.    

                “We had to wait on line until Bruce recognized us and let us in before the rain came,” Crystal informed me.

                “Is it getting bad out there?” I asked hoping my voice didn’t give away my emotion.

                “There were a few strikes of lightning before we walked in the door. There was a lot of thunder too,” Chris answered.

                “There’s a possibility the entire city could lose power,” Dan added in.

                Oh great! As if the storm isn’t enough I might be in the dark, I thought then pushed down my nerves to ask, “How many fans were out there?”

                “About fifty I’d say,” Michelle replied. “So if we do lose power and Backstreet does an acoustic show we’ll be able to hear them as long as these fans are quiet.”

                Then Jen walked in with battery powered lanterns in her hands, “Here each of you take one just in case. We bought these this morning preparing for the storm.”

                I took the lantern from Jen and placed it on the table next to me and clasped my hands together to prevent them from shaking.

                “There is a generator here but we just have to find it. The manager is looking now. We’re starting the show shortly so get ready to hit the stage,” Jen said with a smile to me and the dancers.

                “Ok we’ll be ready in a few minutes,” Tiffany answered.

                Jen left and we dancers changed into our first costume of the night.

                “So I guess we should get to the standing area,” Michelle said.

                “Here I’ll show you guys a short cut so you can get a good standing spot and I’ll introduce you to DJ Lani’s girlfriend and her friends. But don’t mention DJ Lani because they’re not talking. Something happened when they were coming to the concert and Heather, Lani’s girlfriend, isn’t happy. Lani won’t say a word to her.”

                “Alright we won’t say a word,” Michelle answered.

                I showed them to the standing area and found The Backstreet Buds standing in the front row right in front of the DJ stand which marked the middle of the stage. There were barriers that pushed the crowd a few feet away from the edge of the stage. After the introductions Michelle, Crystal, Dan and Chris climbed over the guard rail and started making small talk with the Backstreet Buds. I stuck around to talk for a few minutes.  

                “Excuse me for one minute I have to use the bathroom,” Heather said politely.

                “Would you like company?” Kelshie asked half jokingly.

                “Nah I’m good. I’ll be back shortly.”

                “Oh don’t threaten us,” Kelshie stuck her tongue out at her best friend.

                Heather returned the favor and I chuckled at their display of friendly play fight.

                Crystal smiled and said, “I like The Backstreet Buds, they remind me of us!”

                I nodded my head in agreement then said, “Actually if you don’t mind I’ll join you Heather. I better hit the bathroom before the show starts.”

                “I don’t mind at all,” she answered as Dan helped her over the rail.         

                As we walked toward the bathroom I asked, “So do you think we’ll lose power tonight?”

                “It’s a possibility. But I have a feeling that if we do we’ll have enough light coming from the fans. Everyone out there has glow sticks. Hurricane Irene should pass over soon though. I’m actually surprised there is still a show on tonight.”

                “Backstreet is very committed to their fans, what can I say?” I shrugged and grinned.

                “Yeah they are the best. And they’re so down to earth and friendly and you are so lucky to be a part of the tour crew and even luckier to be Nick’s fiancé. And wow I’m sorry, it’s just that I’ve had a major crush on him for as long as I can remember,” Heather’s face became slightly red.

                “It’s ok. I hear that a lot,” I chuckled. “And you’re right I am lucky. He’s unbelievably generous and kind hearted and is always there for me, Nick’s just great.” I smiled looking down at my ring but then I realized that Heather hung her head. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to brag about him when you and Lani aren’t talking. That was rude of me.”

                “That’s ok. You have a right to brag about him. Trust me if I were you I would be bragging too.”

                A little while later as we both left the bathroom I said to Heather, “I have to go pick up my good luck charm from the dressing room, you know your way back right?”

                “Yeah I’m fine. Break a leg out there tonight if we still have power.”

                “Thanks! Enjoy the show! And Heather, I hope you and Lani fix whatever happened. His face would always light up whenever he talked about you. I don’t know Lani as well as you do but I have a feeling that he really loves you and things will work out soon.”

                The right side of her lips curved into a sad half smile and she answered, “Thanks Kalie. That means a lot.”

                From there we flashed one more smile at each other then headed our separate ways.  

Chapter 7 by CarterFan28

Chapter 7 Not Who You Think I Am

***Heather’s Point of View***

                Instead of going straight to the standing area I went to the merchandise stand to buy the shirts the Backstreet Buds wanted. After I paid for the shirts I headed back toward my friends. As I was walking I started thinking about Rich and what Kalie said about him. My mind became clouded with a million questions that screamed in my head.

                If he’s so happy with me then why was he such an ass to me?! Will he actually talk to me? Should I be the one to break the silence? Why should I? I didn’t do anything to him! He needs to apologize or we are done and over for good this time! I knew we weren’t going to work out.

                I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was walking and my eyes were cast down to my feet. I bumped into someone standing next to a door way and I was knocked out of the trance I was in and politely said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you there.”

                “Well, well, well if it isn’t the love of Nick Carter’s life,” this black haired girl with sinister green eyes hissed.

                “Excuse me but do I know you?”

                “You don’t actually but I know you. You are the one who ruined my life,” she snarled back raising her voice a smidge.

                I was taken aback by her attitude, “I’m sorry but I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                I tried to pass her but she stepped in front of me and got in my face, “You stole Nick from me because you had him wrapped around your finger and brainwashed him! I never got my chance to be with him and show him who he really wants and needs!”

                Now I raised my voice, “I have no idea who you are so if you would please let me pass! I’m clearly not who you think I am!”

                “I don’t think so bitch!” She pushed me back and I fell backward. I got back up to my feet and clenched my fist ready to punch her in the face. I swung my arm to throw a punch but she grabbed me again and threw me to the floor. This time my head hit the ground pretty hard and it took me longer to get back up to my feet. Once I steadied myself the black haired bitch who was taller and chunkier than me threw me out of the door she opened and slid into the pouring rain.

                I jumped up again and ran to the door but just as I reached it she slammed the door in my face.

                I pounded my fists against the door and screamed, “YOU BITCH LET ME IN! LET ME IN!”

                The only thing I saw was her dark green eyes glare back at me and an evil smile form across her face through the window.

                I banged my fist against the glass with all my might and she flinched with surprise. Her eyes became a darker shade of green, almost making them look black, as she stuck her middle finger out at me then turned away.

                My fists connected with the door again over and over and I screamed at the top of my lungs. My voice was drowned out by the ferocious winds and defining thunder.  Lightning shot across the sky and it seemed to me that it was coming right at me. I ran as fast as I could to the main entrance in hopes that it would be unlocked.

***Back inside***

                Macy took off the black wig she was wearing and shook her head to let her dirty blonde hair loose.

                “That feels so much better,” she said aloud to herself. “Now with Kalie out of the way I can finally get to Nick! Macy this is your night! Thank you Hurricane Irene. No one will know she’s out there with all that noise.”

                She chuckled a malicious laugh and headed back stage.

***Kalie’s Point of View***

                Before I headed back stage I went back to the dressing room and grabbed the ring Nick had given me for my sweet sixteen with the purple heart shaped stone. I slipped the ring on my finger and quickened my pace so I wouldn’t miss the beginning of the show.

                I nearly jogged past two girls dressed in mid drift shirts that showed off way too much cleavage and miniskirts that barely covered their asses. They had long dirty blonde hair that was pin straight and their faces were plastered with makeup and to top it all off they were in hooker heels.

                As I walked past, one of them had the audacity to say, “Wow, look at the little slut.”

                I stopped dead in my tracks, “Excuse me?! Yes I do have a two piece outfit on but at least my ass is covered and my breasts aren’t hanging out. Do I even know you?!”

                “Don’t play dumb with us,” the one who called me a slut spoke, “We haven’t seen each other in years but you know exactly who we are Heather.”

                “I’m sorry but you have me confused with someone else,” I snapped back.

                I started to walk away but the bitch laughed a fake laugh and said a little louder stepping in front of me, “Now you’re telling me that you’re someone else? Wow. I don’t think so. And can that outfit make you seem any easier? I know you’ve been crushing on Nick Carter for most of your life but I didn’t know you were this desperate to get his attention and fuck him just once.”

                “I beg your pardon but I have no fucking clue who you two are and how dare you speak to me like this! I am not Heather! Now please let me by!”

                The lights flickered and I froze. I heard the bitch yell, “Harlow grab her!” and before I could move they both had a strong grip on me and I couldn’t fight them off. I struggled with all my might but they threw me out a door into the storm. I landed hard on my left hip and by the time I got up the two bitches had already locked the door.

                I went into complete panic! I let out a blood curdling scream as I begged and pleaded for them to let me in. They only looked through the window and laughed at me before they walked away. When they were out of sight the lights went out, even the street lights! I was in the complete dark! A bolt of lightning flashed and I jumped. It illuminated my surroundings long enough for me to see the lantern I had in my hand shattered in a million pieces. My heart was pounding so hard that it felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest. My body was shaking uncontrollably and when I clasped my hands together subconsciously I felt a gooey substance. The next bolt of lightning showed me that I had a deep cut on my left hand. I must have cut it on a broken piece of glass when I pushed myself up from the ground. There was so much adrenaline running through my veins that I didn’t even feel the sharp glass penetrate the base of my thumb.

                I was a nervous wreck! I didn’t know what else to do so I ran toward the front of the building banging on each and every door I came across but each and every one was locked. With each boom of thunder and flash of lightning I became more terrified.

***Back Inside***

                “How are we supposed to find Nick and Rich now that the power is out?” Harlow asked.

                “Would you relax?!” Harper practically screamed. “We will find my brother and my target just trust me. I have key ring flashlights remember?”

                “Oh yeah!” the dull blonde said enthusiastically.

                The heavier blonde rolled her eyes and shook her head as she turned on the mini flashlights she carried in her pockets. They set off toward a door that said “backstage”.  

Chapter 8 by CarterFan28

Chapter 8 Collision

***Rich’s Point Of View before the lights went out***

                “Jen are you sure we’re going to have the sound check tonight?” I asked the manager as I was setting up the DJ stand.

                “Yeah, why do you ask?”

                “I have a feeling we are going to lose power tonight.”

                “We’ll see what happens.”

                Just then the lights flickered and a few seconds after that the power went out and we could hear screams coming from the audience.

                “Well it looks like we’re not having sound check after all…” Jen half chuckled turning on her lantern.

                I flicked mine on and asked, “So what do we do know?”

                “Well I have to talk to the Boys but we do have bull horns. Let me go talk to them and also find the manager to see if he found the generator.”

                I sat down behind the DJ stand and waited for Jen to come back. I listened to the murmur of the crowd and noticed that pretty much everyone in the venue had glow sticks and light wands that were sold at the merchandise stand. Surprisingly the light from the glow sticks and light wands illuminated the crowd pretty well. I could see the faces of everyone in the front row but they couldn’t see me. I glanced at the faces that were right against the stage and noticed that Heather wasn’t standing with her Backstreet Buds and Kalie’s friends.

                I casually walked over to the Backstreet Buds and knelt in front of them.

                Jess looked up at me and said snidely, “May we help you?”

                “Have you seen Heather?”

                “She went to the bathroom with Kalie but what do you care?” Carly answered with a harsh voice.

                “Maybe I’m being a little concerned for my girlfriend because she’s not with you guys and the power has gone out,” I answered making my voice gruffer.

                “Ok first off how dare you speak to my best friend in that tone,” Kelshie said defensively, “and secondly why do you suddenly care for Hermie when you have been such an ass to her today?!”

                My eyes became wide with surprise at this outburst of hers, “Wow I was just trying to be a good boyfriend.”

                “If you wanted to be a good boyfriend in the first place then you wouldn’t have slammed the door to your dressing room in her face,” Kelshie hissed.

                I wanted to punch her lights out! But instead I just got up and walked back stage. She had no idea why I acted like that. And I have my reasons.

                As I was walking away I heard Melina say, “Maybe he really is being concerned about Heather.”

                “Yeah right,” Kelshie snapped. “He’s probably just trying to get back into our good graces after being such a jerk!” she deliberately raised her voice so I could hear.

                I didn’t react. I just continued to walk off stage in search of Heather. What Kelshie said about me slamming the door in her face hit me like a ton of bricks and the only thing I wanted to do was apologize. I just wished she would forgive me.

***Nick’s Point Of View right after the lights went out***

                Just as the Boys and I were headed toward the stage the lights shut off. Brian stopped short in front of me and I knocked into him.

                “Sorry Bri,” I said.            

                “Eh don’t worry about it,” he said turning on his lantern.

                “I’ll be right back,” I said turning on my heel to leave. As I did I practically ran into Hanna, Sue and Tiffany. “I’m sorry girls. I didn’t know you were behind me.” I held my lantern so I could see their faces but not blind them. My heart skipped a beat when Kalie’s face wasn’t illuminated by the light. “Where’s Kalie?”

                “Last time we saw her she was showing your friends and DJ Lani’s friends to the standing area,” Sue answered.

                “She was supposed to come back stage with us but we haven’t seen her since,” Tiffany added in.

                “She’s probably in the bathroom,” Hanna shrugged.

                “Thanks,” I said as I nearly jogged off.

                “Hey Nick where are you going?!” I heard Jen’s voice come from behind me.

                “I forgot something in the dressing room,” I said continuing to walk.

                “Well it can wait for one second,” she grabbed my arm and pulled me into a circle with the dancers, DJ Lani and the rest of Backstreet. “Alright it looks like DJ Lani and the dancers will get a break tonight. As for the Boys, remember that show in the Never Gone tour when the power went out and you used bull horns to sing for the crowd? Well you’ll be doing a bull horn performance again tonight. I just have to get the bull horns and we’ll start the show. I’ll be right back.”

                As soon as Jen walked away I headed toward the ladies room to find my fiancé. I wanted to get to her as soon as possible because the only image I had in my mind was of her curled into a ball all by herself in the dark crying.

                I should have never left her! I thought to myself.

                “Nick,” someone said behind me after taping me on the shoulder making me flinch.

                I turned around and raised my lantern to see DJ Lani standing behind me, “Don’t scare me like that dude.”

                “Sorry,” he said, “Where are you going?”

                “I have to find Kalie. She doesn’t like to be in the dark by herself and she wasn’t with the other dancers.”

                “Mind if I come help you look? Heather isn’t with her friends. I don’t want her to be alone either.”         

                “I don’t mind, I just want to find her soon.”

                “Ok, Heather’s friends said she and Kalie went to the bathroom together. Maybe they’re in there.”

                “Alright then, let’s split up. I’ll look in the bathroom and you look in the dressing room.”

                “Sounds good to me.”  

                I slowly opened the girls bathroom and stepped in cautiously, “Hello is anyone there? Heather? Kalie? Kay baby it’s me Nick?”

                I stood there for a second but no one answered. Feeling a little creped out I started to walk toward the dressing rooms to meet up with Rich hoping he had found Kalie.

                I froze when I heard a familiar, sinister female voice say, “Naughty, naughty Nickolas coming out of the girls bathroom. But I guess if you like it in there we could go back in together and lock the door.”

                “What are you doing here!?”

***Rich’s Point Of View***

                I checked the dancer’s dressing room first then the Boys’ dressing room but both were empty.  

                My last resort was to check in my dressing room. I peeked my head in and called out, “Kalie? Heather? Is anyone in here? Heather if you are I want to apologize. Heather?”

                No one answered so I walked back toward the ladies bathroom to catch back up with Nick.

                I was stopped in my tracks when I heard two female voices from my nightmares say, “Hello Rich, we’ve missed you.”

***Heather’s Point Of View***

                Every door I checked was locked and at every locked door I was getting more frustrated. My blood was boiling and every fiber in me wanted to get out of the pouring rain. I was soaked to the bone and I knew the next day I would be getting a nasty head cold.

                I decided to run toward the back of the building in hopes of there being an open door. I gathered myself and ran as fast as I possibly could, flying past the doors I knew were locked.

                As I ran I thought of Rich who was nice and dry inside. He probably wasn’t even worrying about me or hadn’t even noticed I was gone. He was probably showing off behind the DJ stand and not even caring about me. As I thought of him I just felt more anger build up inside me which made me run faster. At this point I didn’t even know where I was running to.

***Kalie’s Point Of View***       

                The cut on my hand wouldn’t stop bleeding so I ripped off a piece of the shrug I was wearing and made it into a makeshift bandage.

                I was surprised that I was even able to function because I was shaking so uncontrollably, I was completely soaked to the bone, and my heart felt like it was lodged in my throat. Now I was desperate to get inside. I started to run toward the front of the building hoping for an open door. I ran as fast as I possibly could against the driving rain.

                While I was running I kept thinking about Nick. I was hoping he’d come to my rescue as I reached the next door. I would fall into his strong, warm arms and he would carry me inside. He would cradle me and warm me up and I would feel safe. But that wasn’t the case when I reached the next door and banged my fist against it.

                Desperate tears mixed with the cold rain hitting my face and I continued to run at full speed in the dark.

                I can’t tell you how long I had been running for but suddenly I collided with something fast and hard.

                A blinding light from a lightning bolt flashed for a split second as the collision happened. I was knocked backward and my head banged against the ground hard. My body lay limp on the ground and I slowly lost consciousness.  

Chapter 9 by CarterFan28

Chapter 9 What She Said Was True

***Heather’s Point Of View***

                I don’t know how long I had been unconscious but when I finally opened my eyes. The rain was still falling but it wasn’t falling down as hard as it was before. I didn’t hear any more thunder but I knew it would return whenever it wanted to.

                I slowly raised myself up on my hands and felt a sharp pain in my left hand. I raised my hand up to see what looked like a red sequined ribbon wrapped around it. I carefully unwrapped it and a flash of lightning showed me that I had a nasty gash on the base of my thumb. It hurt like hell and from what I could tell it bled a lot.

                I wrapped my hand again as I thought aloud to myself as thunder boomed, “How did I get this cut on my hand?”

                Another flash of lightning blasted across the sky. I was able to catch a glimpse of the clothes I was wearing which were not mine. I had on a short red skirt with black fringe, a red sequined top that looked like a glorified bra and a red sequined shrug that had a piece torn off of it. A far fetch from my skinny jeans and Straight Through My Heart t-shirt.  

                “Well now I know where that make shift bandage came from,” I said to myself. “But wait, why am I in someone else’s clothes?”

                Another bolt of lightning cracked across the sky and thunder roared.

                I heard a scream right in front of me and I could see movement.

                “Hello?” I said cautiously.

                “Heather?!” a voice answered and I recognized it was Kalie.

                “Kalie is that you?”

                “Yes,” she replied with a shaky voice. “Was that you I ran into?”

                “I guess so. I was running blind so I’m sorry I bumped into you like that.”

                “No don’t be sorry because I was running blind too. Why are you out here?”

                “This bitch who claimed I was you threw me out and locked the door behind me. I tried looking for opened doors but every single one was locked. I was running to the back of the building to try my luck there. That’s when we collided. Why are you out here?”

                “I ended up out here the same way you did except I was thrown out by two bitches who claimed I was you!”

                I could hear terror in her voice, “Kalie what’s wrong?”

                “I am terrified of storms! And I mean terrified! I was left outside in a hurricane when I was younger down in Florida. I just want to get inside Heather. I don’t know how much longer I can stay out here and not have a heart attack!”

                “Just try to relax. I’m here and we’ll find a way back inside I promise.” I stood up and slowly moved closer to her, “I don’t know how well you can see me but I just stood up and I’m coming closer so I can help you up.”

                “Ok. I can see you moving. I’m right in front of you.”

                I helped her stand up and just as she got on her feet lightning lit up the darkness we were standing in. Kalie jumped and screamed but in that time we both saw what we just couldn’t believe we saw.

                “YOU’RE WEARING MY CLOTHES!” we both screamed in complete terror and confusion.

                Another lightning strike showed us that it was like we were both looking into a mirror.

                “YOU ARE ME!? AND I’M YOU?!” We stood there holding each other up. I stared at her and I couldn’t really see too well but I knew she was staring back at me.

                “I can’t believe what she said was true,” Kalie said with a quaky voice.

                “What was that?”

                “This is going to sound crazy but the makeup artist who did my makeup for tonight was from one of the islands. She told us a story about a hurricane that hit her home village. The story was about two girls who were running out in the middle of the storm and they collided with each other. When they woke up after being knocked unconscious their souls were in each other’s bodies.”

                I took in her words and shook my head, “I don’t know if the knock to the back of my head has affected me or the fact that I’m cold, wet and hungry or that I have no other way of explaining why I’m looking at myself when I’m not looking into a full body mirror but… I believe you.”

                Lightning caused Kalie to scream and jump closer to me. She encircled her arms around me tightly so I couldn’t move my arms. I felt her shaking violently.

                “I…. I’m….I’m sor… sorry,” she stuttered.

                “It’s ok. Everyone has their worst fear, yours just happens to be storms. We’ll find a way back inside I promise. Take my hand and we’ll do this together.”

                She gripped my hand tightly and I winced because it was my left hand, “Ouch!”

                “I’m sorry! What happened?”

                “I don’t know. There’s a deep cut on my left hand. Well since we’re in each other’s bodies, there’s a deep cut on your left hand. But here we can link arms instead.”

                “That’s right! This storm has shaken me up so much that I forgot about it. The tour manager gave us lanterns incase the power went out and when I was pushed outside it fell and shattered and I must have fallen on one of the shards.”

                “I like your choice of dressing for it,” I tried to get a chuckle out of her to make her feel a tad bit better.

                She did chuckle slightly, “Thanks. I made do with what I have or rather had on at the time.”        

                “I still can’t believe we are in each other’s bodies. And Kalie I’m jealous.”

                “Of what?”

                “You can actually pull off an outfit like this. And you’ve got abs girl!”

                “Oh stop! You can pull an outfit like this off too!” She lifted my shirt and patted my stomach, or her stomach, the whole switching bodies thing sort of confused me, “You’re on your way to abs too Heather!

                “No I’m not,” I scoffed. “I wish I was as pretty as you are.”

                “Heather! You are beautiful! Stop putting yourself down! I hate when beautiful girls like you do that,” she shook my shoulder as we walked.

                “Thanks.”

***Back Inside With the Backstreet Buds***

                “What is taking Hermie so long?” Carly asked.

                “Maybe she went to go buy the shirts we wanted and got stuck by the stand when the lights went out,” Melina suggested.

                “That’s a possibility but I think she would’ve found her way back to us by now,” Jess said.

                “Something’s not right,” Kelshie answered. “She should be back by now and I feel like something bad has happened to her. I’m going to go find her.”

                “I’m coming with you then,” Jess said. “You’re making me worry about her even more Kelshie.”

                “I’m coming with you two,” Carly added in.

                “I’m coming too! I want to find Hermie and I really don’t want to wait in the dark by myself,” Melina said following her friends.

***Now With Kalie’s Besties***

                “We should go get Kalie so she doesn’t have to be backstage alone now that she won’t be dancing tonight,” Crystal suggested.

                “Good idea,” Michelle agreed.

                “Let’s go find her,” Chris said leading the way over the guard rail.

                “Well let’s see if we can actually find her dressing room with the lights out,” Dan chuckled.           

Chapter 10 by CarterFan28

Chapter 10 NO!

***Nick’s Point Of View***

                “What are you doing here!?”

                “Oh come on Nick. Aren’t you glad to see me?”

                “No I’m not,” I said defiantly. “I told you the last time on the plane that I never wanted to see you ever again Marcy!”

                “You don’t mean that. I know you don’t. You want me with every fiber of your being honey.”

                “You’re delusional! I don’t want you and I will never want you.”

                “That is such bullshit. I know you better than you think dirty little Nickolas. You want me badly and I want you badly and we’re finally together… alone.”

                “No! I don’t want you! Get that through your thick head Marcy I don’t want you! The only one I want is Kalie and I’m in love with her so leave me the fuck alone!”

                “That’s a load of bullshit and you know it,” she hissed at me. She stepped closer to me and I stepped back, “If you don’t or didn’t want me then why did you act like a love sick puppy when we danced on stage together and after shows? You were flirting with me Nick.  And I don’t know about you but I felt heat between us whenever we danced together, especially during PDA.”

                “Marcy there is nothing between us! You might have felt that way but I never have! And I never will! You just don’t understand that! When I’m on stage I get hooked on the crowd shouting my name, screaming for me, I just want to put on a show for the fans. That is my only intension when I’m on stage. I’m sorry if you got that confused for me being interested in you because I’m not. I only think about Kalie when I perform and you’re not Kalie.”

                She crept closer to me and for some reason I became frozen. I just couldn’t move as she got closer to me. I also realized that I was backing into a wall.   

                “If you two are so in love then why wasn’t she on tour with you? And where is she now?”

                My blood started to boil, “I don’t need to explain her to you! I don’t need to waste my time with you! You are not important to me! Leave me alone, I have a more important thing to do than stand here and not give a shit about you.”

                I started to walk around her but she pushed me against the wall and I was thrown off guard. She slinked closer to me until she was right in my face. She stared up at me and whispered seductively, “The only one you’ll be thinking of is me when I’m done with you.”          

                Before I could get my hands up to push her away she crashed her lips onto mine and I remained frozen unable to move a single muscle.

***Rich’s Point Of View***

                “Harlow…Harper… I thought you two were dead. I thought with all the drugs and alcohol you’ve used you’d both be six feet under in an unmarked box.”

                “Oh Rich, or DJ Lani as you’re called now, what kind of a greeting is that for your long lost sister and the best girlfriend you have ever had?” Harper’s voice broke through the darkness.

                “Harlow is not the best girlfriend I have ever had; Heather is. Now why the hell are you two here?”

                “We’re here to see the show duh! You know how much we love BSB and when we found out that you are their DJ, it gave us an even bigger reason to come tonight.”

                “And how many sleaze bags did you have to prostitute yourself to to get the money for the tickets huh Hoe, I mean Harper?”

                “It’s none of your business brother.”

                “I hate when you call me that,” I said through gritted teeth.

                “Oh come on bro. And why don’t you think I have a good honest job to pay for these tickets?”

                “You, good and honest? You’re kidding me right?”

                Harlow slipped closer to me and I shivered when she placed a hand on my chest and then her finger on my lips, “Baby calm down. I missed you. I missed you so much!”

                I ripped her hands off of me and said sternly, “Stay away from me. I am not your baby. My life is 100 times better without you in it.”

                Harlow gasped and Harper wrapped her arms around her, “Rich you don’t mean that. We brought excitement into your life. We got you into the good stuff.”

                “You almost killed me!” I spat back.

                “We didn’t mean to,” Harlow crept closer to me. She placed both hands on my face and whispered, “It was the biggest mistake of my life to do that to you honey. I have always loved you and I still do love you! Please say you forgive me!”

                “No. I will never forgive you!”

                “Please! Don’t you miss me?”

                “I miss who you were before you became Harper’s little mini me. I miss the person you were before you got hooked on drugs and became a slut just like the whore you’re standing next to.”

                “Such harsh words brother,” Harper hissed.

                “Stop calling me that! I was never your brother and I never will be!”

                “You were my brother when you were high,” she stared into my eyes as she said it and she had the smuggest little grin on her face. It made my blood boil.

                “That was the worst time of my life,” I clenched my jaws together so tightly that they started to hurt.    

                “You don’t mean that!” Harlow started to whimper, “We were together! We loved each other! We can bring that love back Rich! Let me show you…” She leaned closer to kiss me and I pushed her away.

                “No! I don’t want what we had back! We never should have had it in the first place! I was stupid to have ever been with you.”

                “I think you need a little bit of help remembering how good life was when you weren’t clean,” Harper sneered.

                “You’re gunna realize how much you miss it. How much you miss me!” Harlow cried. She lunged at me and as she kissed me I was knocked against the wall.  

                 I don’t know why but my body went limp as she kissed me. I felt disgusting as her tongue invaded my mouth but I just couldn’t move. Then I felt a hand grab my arm and squeeze it. I opened my eyes to see Harper trying to raise a vein in my arm. I still couldn’t move but my eyes widened as I watched Harper pull out a covered needle from her pocket.

                My heart raced and I started to panic.

                “This won’t hurt a bit and once it’s settled in you’ll feel like you’re on cloud nine brother,” Harper smirked reaching to uncover the needle.

                I pushed Harlow off of me and Harper tightened her grip. Together they tried to restrain me with all their strength but I fought just as hard screaming at the top of my lungs, “NO!”  

Chapter 11 by CarterFan28
Author's Notes:

***Author’s Note***

                It occurred to me that I was confusing myself with the timing of this story. So I thought if I was confusing myself I might be confusing my readers. So I’ll try to clear this up a little bit.

                Kalie and Heather have been stuck out side in Hurricane Irene for about half an hour to 45 minutes.

                The Backstreet Buds realize that Heather has been gone for about 15 minutes and that’s when they start to go looking for her.

                Nick has been looking for Kalie the entire time but was interrupted by Jen for a few minutes at a time.

                The incidents between Rich, Harper and Harlow, and between Nick and Marcy took anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes each… But anyways let’s back to the story.

Chapter 11 I’ve Got A Bad Feeling

 

***Heather’s Point Of View***

                I can’t tell you how long Kalie and I had been outside but the rain had died down but hadn’t completely stopped. She and I walked around to the other side of the building to try our luck there.

                We walked in silence for a while until she said hesitantly, “I hate to sound nosy but what is your greatest fear? You said that everyone has a greatest fear and you already know mine. Also not a lot of people know my greatest fear to be honest. Only a few of my family members and Nick know. So if you don’t mind me knowing what is your greatest fear?”

                I took in a deep breath and before I could open my mouth she blurted out, “I’m sorry. If you don’t want to tell me you don’t have to. I have a bad habit of asking ridiculous questions and being nosy when I meet new people. You can ignore my curiosity.”

                I shook my head, “No it’s ok. You told me your worst fear and it’s only right that I tell you mine.” I paused before I spoke, “My greatest fear is losing my best friend in this entire world. That best friend just happens to be the love of my life and not to mention my first love.”

                “Oh Heather,” Kalie said with sympathy in her voice.

                “Rich and I grew up together and he was my very first best friend. Ever since we were in middle school we had been flirting with each other nonstop without really noticing it. We didn’t start secretly dating until high school.”

                “What do you mean by secretly dating?”

                “No one knew we were seeing each other as more than just friends. I mean we weren’t friends with benefits it never got to that but it never got to the point of us actually dating. It’s kind of hard to explain. The both of us dated other people but every second of free time we had was spent together. I had multiple bad break ups and Rich was always there for me. He even blew off his girlfriends for me. I blew off my boyfriends for him too. We were always happiest together.”

                Kalie waited for me to continue as I took another break, “I almost lost him once. Forever. He started hanging out with my ex best friend, Harlow, and his step sister, Harper, when I went away to college and he stayed home not knowing what he wanted to do after high school. He and his step sister never got a long by the way. To be honest they hated each other with a passion. Harper and Harlow were addicted to drugs since high school and they got Rich addicted when he started dating Harlow. I got a call one day from Rich’s dad saying that he found his step daughter dancing at a strip joint just to get money to feed her addiction. My ex best friend was dancing on the pole right next to her and Rich was in charge of the music and announcing the strippers. I rushed home that night and went straight to the apartment Rich shared with the druggies as I call them. I found him half dead on the couch with his then girlfriend hanging all over him shooting God-knows-what- drug into her own arm. His step sister walked out of her bed room half naked with some guy handing her money before he left. I got there just in time. The paramedics said that if I had gotten there a few minutes later Rich would’ve been gone. He stayed in the hospital for at least two months and it was touch and go for almost all of those two months until he was strong enough to go home. The afternoon he got out of the hospital he checked himself into a rehab. He almost died and it scared the shit out of me. I dumped my then boyfriend and missed an entire semester of college just to take care of Rich and made sure he stayed sober after that ordeal.”

                “Wow,” Kalie nearly whispered, “I didn’t realize Rich’s condition was that bad.”

                “Seeing him lying in a hospital bed clinging onto life scared me like nothing else can. He understands me like no one else can or ever will and he has always been there for me. Rich has always loved me like nobody else on this earth ever could even more than my own family. I never really had a family to be honest. When I was 4 my father left us and my mom went crazy. When I was 16 she was finally admitted into a mental ward. When she died when I was 18 my sister, who is 2 years older than me, became my legal guardian. Rich and his family are the only family I have besides my sister. Tonight with the fight and the way he acted toward me I’m afraid that my greatest fear has come true. I fear that I have lost his love for good.”

                “Don’t say that!” she said with passion in her voice. “You two just had a really bad misunderstanding over something. That’s all. Mark my words, he’ll come to realize what a fool he has been and come looking for you and plead for your forgiveness. You two have loved each other for so long! You two really sound like Nick and I. I have found my true love in Nick and I believe that you found your true love in Rich. And if I know one thing about true love, it will never end and any problems you come across will be fixed, you just have to have a little faith.”

                 I didn’t know what to say to her so I just nodded my head and we continued walking.

                After a few minutes of silence I suggested, “How about we go across the street and try our luck by the hotel. Let’s see if their doors are open.”  

***Back inside with Kalie’s Besties***

                “Where the hell can she be?” Michelle asked.

                “Wait here’s the other dancers let’s ask them if they know where Kayl is,” Dan said.

                They walked up to the other dancers who greeted them warmly once they recognized them as Kalie’s best friends.

                “Have you guys seen Nick?” Tiffany asked.

                Sue added, “Jen wants the show to start but she can’t find Nick.”

                “Not since before the show,” Crystal answered. “Have you guys seen Kalie?”

                They all shook their heads and Hanna said, “We haven’t seen Kalie since she was finished getting her makeup done.”

                “Maybe they’re together,” Chris said raising his eyebrows.

                “You pervert,” Crystal scolded her best friend.

                “Honey,” Michelle sighed at her husband, “You know Kalie wouldn’t let Nick do that when there’s other people around and only minutes left until the show starts.”       

                “Well maybe they figured the show was canceled because of the power outage,” Dan suggested.

                “Stop defending Chris,” Crystal said half jokingly to her husband. “You know Kalie would be mortified if someone walked in on them and she wouldn’t take that risk no matter how hard Nick would try to convince her.”

                Dan and Chris hung their heads in submission, “Yeah you’re right.”

                “So do we continue looking for them?” Chris asked.

                “Yes,” Michelle answered quickly. “I have a feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach that something’s not right.”

                “Oh no,” Crystal breathed out, “What do you think happened Mich?”

                She shook her head, “I don’t know but whatever it is it’s not good.”

                “We better get a move on and find them then,” Chris said. “We haven’t checked the bathrooms by the dressing rooms yet.”

                The Backstreet dancers were very confused. Sue spoke up, “What’s wrong?”

                “We don’t know but when Michelle gets these bad feelings they have known to be right,” Dan informed.

                “I hope this time her feeling is wrong,” Tiffany said concerned.

                The besties sped off toward the bathrooms next to the dressing rooms.

***Back with The Backstreet Buds***

                “I’m really starting to worry about Hermie,” Carly said after looking everywhere in the front of the concert hall feverishly but they couldn’t find their best friend.

                “Where could she be?” Melina asked.

                “I have no idea. But why do I have a feeling that she’s backstage with Nick trying to get in his pants?” Jess tried to make her friends laugh. She got slight chuckles out of Melina and Carly but Kelshie stayed straight faced.

                “I have a feeling that something bad happened to her,” Kelshie said as she continued to walk towards back stage.

                “I take that joke back then,” Jess gulped. “Where are you going Kelshie?”

                “We haven’t checked back here and who knows she might just be backstage or with Kalie in her dressing room. I’m just hoping my feeling is wrong.”

                “We do too,” Jess, Melina and Carly responded.

***Switch it back to Kalie’s Besties***

                “Do you hear that?” Crystal asked as she and her best friends got closer to the hall way leading to the dressing rooms.

                “It sounds like screaming,” Michelle said.

                The screams were muffled at first but as the group of friends got closer the screams became clearer.

                “That sounds like Nick!” Dan gasped as the voice became semi familiar to him.

                Chris, who was closest to Nick, sprinted ahead of the group toward the screams.

                Michelle, Crystal and Dan were close behind.

                “NO! Let me go! Stop! Help me! Someone help me!” the screams were blood curdling, incredibly loud and… not Nick’s.

                The four friends stopped dead in their tracks when they saw DJ Lani wrestling with two girls. He looked scared shitless and his voice was becoming a little hoarse from screaming so loud.

                He made eye contact with Crystal and she saw the desperation in his eyes.

                “Please help me! Help me!” he pleaded.

                Crystal shined her flash light on one of the girls and saw a needle in her hand, “They’re trying to drug him!”

                Michelle gasped and Dan and Chris sprang toward the two girls. It took a few seconds for them to pull the girls off of Rich. Chris grabbed the one with the needle in her hand and Michelle knocked the needle way from her so no one could get hurt. She looked for the needle with her flashlight and once she found it she became frozen and never took her eyes off of it. Dan grabbed the other girl and Crystal went to Rich’s side as he slid to the ground.

                “Are you ok?” She looked all over Rich’s arms with her flashlight looking for any needle marks. She knew what she was looking for because her mom was a nurse and she taught her daughter a lot. “Did you get pricked?” Rich’s eyes were wide and he was breathing heavily but his muscles were stiff. She feared that he had been drugged.

                Rich panted, “I don’t think so.”

                “Are you sure?” she said calmly.

                “No I wasn’t,” he said strongly. “I… I’m just… scared out of my mind right now.”

                “Ok just try to take deep breaths and relax. Those two are restrained and you are fine. We’re here now.”

                “Rich if you hadn’t screamed you would be extremely happy right now,” Harper hissed.

                “Who are you? And why did you attack him?” Chris demanded.

                “She’s the bitch of a step sister I told you about. And the other one’s the crazy slut who thinks I still love her which is false,” Rich replied angrily.

                “What’s going on here?” a big booming voice said from behind.

                Crystal turned around to see two of Backstreet’s body guards

                “These two girls just tried to drug DJ Lani. The four of us heard him screaming and Dan and Chris grabbed them before the needle could puncture his skin. Its right over here and nobody has touched it besides the one who tried to drug him. I made sure no one else touched it so it would be easier for the cops to process as evidence.”

                One of the body guards called the cops and then Harper and Harlow were handed over to the body guards.

                Michelle and Crystal helped Rich up to his feet and as the druggies were being dragged away Harper chuckled and said, “I wonder if your precious Heather has survived Hurricane Irene.”

                Rich stared angrily at her, “What did you do Harper?!”

                She smiled a devilish grin, “I pushed her outside.”

                He charged at her and got in her face, “You bitch! She could’ve died out there in this storm!”

                     “She probably already did. She’s still out there,” she flashed another evil smile but it didn’t last long because Rich’s hands wrapped around her throat and started to constrict.

                Dan and Chris pulled him away from her as she got dragged away.

                “YOU BITCH! YOU FUCKING BITCH! HEATHER’S OUT THERE! SHE’S OUT THERE IN THAT STORM! HEATHER! HEATHER!”         

                He broke out of Dan and Chris’s arms and ran toward the closest door. Chris and Dan tried to catch him but he was too fast. He was out the door and into the dark night and just as he vanished out of sight thunder boomed and the rain started to fall heavier again.

Chapter 12 by CarterFan28

Chapter 12 Your Friend’s Very Wise

***Back with the Backstreet Buds the same time as what happened with Rich and Kalie’s Besties***

                “Where could she be?” Melina asked as the Backstreet Buds continued to search for Heather.

                “She’s not by the merchandise stand, not in the bathroom, we haven’t seen her anywhere,” Carly said.

                “Well we haven’t checked any of the dressing rooms yet, maybe she and Rich made up and they are both in his dressing room,” Jess suggested.

                “Maybe,” Kelshie agreed but she seemed to be in a distant determined state as she led the way toward the dressing rooms.

***Nick’s Point Of View***

                I could feel my lungs screaming for air as she kissed me. I still don’t know why I couldn’t move. The only thing I wanted to do was push her away so I could continue my search for Kalie. I hated the way her tongue snaked around and invaded my mouth.  

                Her lips finally parted from mine and I took in a deep breath filling my lungs with sweet air.

                Marcy looked at me and smirked, “Well look at that. I took your breath away. I guess you liked it huh?”

                I stared at her with hard eyes then spit on her feet, “You disgust me!”

                “You don’t mean that,” she said in disbelieve.

                “I mean every word I say,” I hissed. “You disgust me!”  

                “I would take that back if I were you Nickolas,” she stepped closer to me.

                “I guess you’re deaf too. I meant every single word I said.” I cut my speaking speed in half, “You… disgust… me!”

                “I hear you loud and clear Nick,” her voice was lowered and she stepped closer to me still hanging her head.

                “Now get away from me,” I demanded. I noticed she held something in her hand that glinted in the light of my flashlight.

                She pounced on me knocking me against the wall again.

                “What are you doing?!”

                Her face was inches away from mine, “You don’t know how many people have pushed me aside and threw the word disgusting at me.” She sounded desperate. “I’m going to show you how much you really want me! And if I can’t have you, no one can. Not even your so called precious Kalie!”

                I tried to push her off of me but I felt something sharp start to penetrate my throat.

                “I wouldn’t move if I were you. Not until you confess your love for me,” she spoke over my lips.

                I gulped as I felt paralyzing fear settle in.                

***Back with The Backstreet Buds***

                “Does anyone else think it’s a little too quiet back here?” Carly asked.

                “Well no one is back here that’s why,” Jess tried not to sound scared.

                “It is sort of creepy back here,” Melina said with an obvious shiver in her voice.

                The best friends huddled closer to Kelshie who was more determined about finding Hermie than caring about being afraid of the dark.

                She shinned her light over every inch of the dark space in front of her until the beam landed on a pair of feet.  The light traveled slowly upward until it illuminated Nick and the slutty looking girl who was hanging all over him.

                Each of the Backstreet Buds gasped.

                His eyes widened but he didn’t say a word.

                He couldn’t say a word because Kelshie almost screamed out, “Wow you really do live the rock star life don’t ya?! The lights go out and you decide to make out with the next slut you find in the dark.”

                “Kelshie,” Jess tried to stop her but Kelshie didn’t pick up on the urgency of her best friend’s whisper.

                “So much for being in love with your fiancé and being faithful to her you scum bag! You,” she directed her words toward Marcy, “You are even more pathetic than he is!”

                “I wouldn’t say anything else if I were you Kelshie,” Carly said with a wavering voice.

                “Your friend’s very wise,” Marcy snarled. “Call me anymore names and Nick Carter dies. Then you’ll die.”

                 It was then that Kelshie saw what made her friends so nervous; the knife in Marcy’s hand pushed against Nick’s neck. She gulped loudly and her friends huddled even closer, each one shivering out of fear.  

Chapter 13 by CarterFan28

Chapter 13 Don’t Let Anyone Else Outside

****Back with Backstreet and Their Manager***

                “Where the hell is Nick?” Jen asked becoming impatient.

                “We haven’t seen him since you told us the show was still on,” AJ answered.

                “Maybe he met up with his fiancé,” Howie said.

                “But he has a job to do,” Kevin, who had come to surprise both the fans and his band of brothers, spoke up. “Let’s go find him.”

                “I’m coming with you,” Jen added, “I have to give him a piece of my mind. First DJ Lani can’t be found and now Nick’s missing.”

                “Don’t blow up Jen,” Bruce, one of Backstreet’s body guards, placed a hand on her shoulder. “I’ll come with you.”

                The posse headed toward the dressing rooms to find the missing Backstreet Boy.  

                A few minutes later Jen’s flashlight shined on the Backstreet Buds, “What are you girls staring at?”

                They didn’t say a word just pointed toward Marcy and Nick.

                Jen looked and before she could even gasp Bruce and Kevin sprang toward Marcy. Brian raced toward Nick and Howie and AJ grabbed the Backstreet Buds to move them away from the struggle before them so they wouldn’t get hurt. Once they were out of the way AJ and Howie rushed toward Nick to help Brian support him. Nick was so scared that his knees grew weak and he couldn’t stand by himself.

                “What the hell are you doing here Marcy?!” Jen screamed.

                Marcy struggled to get out of Kevin and Bruce’s hold as she answered, “I’m here to make Nick mine forever.”

                Jen just rolled her eyes and said to Kevin and Bruce, “Keep a tight grip on her boys.”

                “Oh trust me,” Bruce said, “She is not going anywhere.”

                Jen stood by the knife that Kevin knocked out of Marcy’s hand and looked at Nick, “Are you hurt?”

                Nick felt his neck, “I think I have a scratch on my neck but I don’t think it’s too deep.”

                Brian took Nick’s hand off of his neck and shinned his flash light to look for the scratch, “You’re right it’s just a little scratch. Thank God it’s not anything serious. She could have killed you Frack.”

                “I know,” he gulped.  “Are you girls ok?”

                They nodded their heads and Jess replied, “A little shaken up but we’re ok.”

                “I’m calling the police now,” Jen said whipping out her cell phone.

                “You better tell them that they have to search for a missing person,” Marcy said.  

                “Could you hold on one second officer,” Jen said after explaining what was going on to the police officer on the line. “What did you just say?”

                “I pushed Kalie outside so Hurricane Irene could get rid of her for me and I could have Nick all to myself,” she responded matter of factly.

                Nick flew up to his feet without hesitation and got in Marcy’s face. “What did you just say?!” he screamed.

                She looked him dead in the eye and smirked, “Look whose deaf now.” She mimicked the slow speaking voice he had used on her, “I…pushed…Kalie…out…into…Hurricane…Irene. She’s probably dead by now.”

                Nick didn’t say a word as everyone around him gasped. Jen reported Kalie’s absence to the police officer in disbelief.

                Nick raised his fist but Brian stopped the punch, “Don’t do it man. It will only bring charges against you.”

                He looked at his friend then ran for the door. AJ, Howie and Brian raced after him but they couldn’t catch him in time. They heard him scream, “KALIE!” before he slipped out of sight.

                Jen and the Backstreet Buds grabbed AJ, Brian and Howie before they could follow Nick out the door.

                “Don’t go after him. I don’t need you three to get lost out in that storm too,” Jen pleaded. “The police are on their way now and they will help him find Kalie.”

                “Call the cops back!” they heard Michelle call out behind them. “They need to know that two other people are out in that storm!”

                Kelshie noticed the girls Dan and Chris where restraining and hissed, “What are you two sluts doing here?!”

                “We caught them trying to drug DJ Lani,” Chris explained.

                “Oh my is he ok?!” Jess asked.

                “We grabbed these two off of him but we couldn’t grab Lani in time,” Chris answered.

                “What do you mean?” Carly questioned.

                “He ran outside before we could catch him. These two locked Heather out in the storm,” Dan said.

                “Oh no Hermie!” the Backstreet Buds exclaimed.            

                Jen re-dailed the police and was connected right away, “We now have four people locked out in the hurricane. Two males and two females.”

                “Don’t let anyone else outside,” the officer said strongly, “Responders are on the way now.” 

Chapter 14 by CarterFan28

Chapter 14 Thinking The Wost

***Nick’s Point of View***

                I ran frantically out into Hurricane Irene. I couldn’t see a thing except for whatever my flashlight illuminated in front of me. The darkness and the driving rain didn’t slow me down though. I ran as fast as I possibly could screaming out my fiancé’s name at the top of my lungs. I ran around the building but Kalie was nowhere in sight and she didn’t reply to my calls.

                After what seemed like hours but in actuality was only ten minutes I became more than desperate after not finding Kalie. I started to curse myself.

                “God dammit Nick! You should’ve never let Kalie out of your sight! You know how terrified of storms she is! URGH! You are such an idiot! That fucking Marcy! I swear to God if I can’t find Kalie, Marcy will pay for what she did!”

                My rage subsided for a few seconds as a heartbreaking thought ran through my head, “What if Marcy is right? What if she had a bad panic attack? What if Kalie is… NO!” I shook the thought out of my head and continued looking, “You have to stay strong for her Nick. You will find her! She will be ok. You just have to find her.”

***Rich’s Point of View***

                I had no idea where I was going. My flashlight was starting to dim and the pouring rain was stinging my eyes but I still frantically searched for Heather.

                “I have to find her! I have to find her!” I kept repeating to myself. I kept calling her name but she didn’t answer me.

                “Is she still mad at me?” I thought aloud. “There’s no denying the fact that she has a right to be because Kelshie was right, I was a complete jerk! But if she has been pushed out into this storm wouldn’t she want to be let back inside? Wouldn’t see be happy to know that I was looking for her? Dammit I sound so conceded right now! But am I right? What if she won’t forgive me? What if I royally screwed up our relationship for good this time? What if I can’t find her? Oh God! No! Not Heather! I don’t know what I’ll do without her! I can’t lose her!” I fell to my knees and felt myself shaking.

                “HEATHER! Please answer me! I…need… I need to tell you… Heather!” my voice shook and I tried to get back up to my feet but something ran into me.

***Nick’s Point of View***

                It was a good thing that I slowed my pace down to a walk as I made my way closer to the front of the building. I wasn’t paying attention to what was in front of me and right when I turned my head my flashlight flickered off. I walked right into something and fell face first. I seemed to fall in slow motion and I was able to put my hands out in front of me so I only got a few scrapes on my hands.

                The flashlight flicked back on when it hit the ground and I crawled over to get it. I shined the light to see what I tripped over and was pretty shocked to see it was DJ Lani.

                He looked at me and I could see a flash of relief enter his eyes, “Nick, you came looking for me?”

                I didn’t want to lie to him, “My friends told me that you came out here to look for Heather but my girl’s out here too.”

                “Seriously?”

                I nodded my head, “And you’ll never guess who pushed her out.”

                “It wasn’t Marcy was it?!”

                “You hit the nail on the head.”

                “How did she even get in tonight?”

                “She disguised herself. But enough about her, let’s go find our girls.”

                “Could you help me up? My knees gave out on me.”

                I helped him up and asked, “What’s wrong?”

                He sighed and responded, “I was thinking the worst. Thinking about what would happen if I don’t find her, if I lose…”

                “You are not going to lose her. We are going to find them and they are going to be ok. And if you’re thinking that she won’t forgive you; she will. I mean come on man you ran out in a hurricane for her.”             

                “You know, for the short amount of time that we’ve known each other you really can read my mind.”

                I shrugged, “That’s what happens when we share a bus on a world tour dude. Come on let’s go find our girls.”           

Chapter 15 by CarterFan28

Chapter 15 I Better Not Be Hearing Things

***Kalie’s Point of View***

                “Did you hear that?” I asked.

                “Hear what?”

                “I thought I heard someone call out our names.”

                Heather shook her head, “No I didn’t hear anything.”

                “I must be going crazy then.”

                “Being out in this storm will do that to anybody. I thought I saw someone with a flashlight before but I think my eyes were just playing tricks on me.”

                We reached the parking lot of the hotel just as the rain started to fall heavier again.

                “I’ll go try the side doors because you need a key to get in. Oh wait that key is in my wallet which is in the inner pocket of the jean jacket you are wearing.”

                I chuckled as I got the hotel key out of the wallet, “This whole body switching is weird.”

                “You know it,” Heather laughed.

                “I’ll keep your wallet with me because there is nowhere to put it in your, I mean, my outfit.”

                “Yeah that’s a good idea,” she said smiling after looking again at my body that she got switched into and the show outfit I was wearing.

                “I’ll go check the front door,” I said as Heather walked toward the side door.

                I pulled on the double doors then tried the revolving doors but both were locked. The entire lobby was dark and I doubted that someone was anywhere near the front desk or the lobby for that fact. Plus the thunder started again and even though I banged my fists louder on the glass there was no way anyone could hear me. My body started to shake again.

                “The key isn’t working in any of the side doors,” Heather said as she walked back to me. “I guess the power has been knocked out all over this block.”

                I dropped to my knees and started to feel tears roll down my face.

                “Kalie what’s wrong?” Heather knelt down beside me.

                “What if no one finds us?” I sobbed. “I don’t know how much longer I can stay out here in the dark and cold and I think I’m going to have a heart attack if the thunder and lightning doesn’t stop soon!”

                “At least we are inside out of the rain now and we have some light.” The only light we had was the dull red glow of the two exit signs but she was right; at least we weren’t in the complete dark. Heather got up and extended her hand out to me, “My car is right over here by the exit sign. We can go sit in there and get warm. I just remembered that I have blankets in the trunk too.”

                As I was about to take her hand, I heard something.

                “Did you hear that?” Heather said.

                I nodded my head.

                She raced toward the opening of the garage and stood there looking outside.   

***Heather’s Point of View***    

                The rain had stopped and it started to become a little lighter outside. I squinted my eyes and saw two dull beams of light. Then I heard what I have wanted to hear all night.

                “Heather! Heather where are you?!”

                I couldn’t believe my ears. It can’t be. I better not be hearing things.

                Then I heard another voice scream, “Kalie! Baby it’s Nick!”

                Then the clouds started to part and I could see Nick and Rich running across the street.

                “Kalie they’re coming! Our boys are coming! They were looking for us after all! They’re here!” I turned to her and I saw her eyes light up. I felt tears form in my eyes as the boys’ voices got louder and the lights suddenly turned back on.

                “We’re both over here! Kalie and I are over here! We’re over here!” I shouted joyfully back.

                I was so happy to see Rich. His face was filled with concern mixed with relief that he had actually found me. I forgot about how mad I was at him. I wanted nothing more than to have him hold me in his arms. I could feel tears of joy start to build in my eyes as I smiled and choked on the lump in my throat.

                I opened my arms and started to walk toward him but Rich ran right past me. It was Nick who ran into my opened arms and engulfed me in an excited hug as I stood still in confusion.

                Nick expressed how happy he was to see me and how scared he was that I was outside alone as the hurricane raged on. He said that he feared the worst and how he could finally breathe now that he found me. He kissed almost every inch of my face before settling down for a moment to just hold me.

                I was confused as to why Nick was acting this way toward me, just another one of his fans who had just met tonight, and why Rich was worrying over Kalie who was still sitting on the floor behind me with her knees curled up to her chest.

                Suddenly it hit me. How could I forget? I questioned myself. I’m not in the right body and neither is Kalie. They don’t know who we really are. If only they knew they are fretting over the wrong girls.                   

                I turned my head to look at Kalie. We were both crying tears of joy that we had finally been found but our faces shared the same look of slight panic. She didn’t have to say a word because that look told me that she was thinking the same thing I was thinking; how are we supposed to get back into our own bodies?

Chapter 16 by CarterFan28

Chapter 16 Not Who You Think I Am

***Kalie’s Point of View***

                DJ Lani took my face into his hands and looked into my eyes wiping his thumb cross my cheek to push away my tears.

                “Heather,” he said just loud enough for me to hear. “I was so panicked when Harlow and Harper told me they pushed you out. You don’t know how relieved I am that I found you and that you’re safe. I don’t know what I would do without you. I was a complete jerk before and I am truly sorry that I treated you the way I did. I just hope you will forgive me Violet.”

                Now I was really confused, “What did you just call me?”

                DJ Lani was even more confused than I was.

                Before he could even open his mouth Heather said, “He called you Violet.”

                “What?” was the only thing he could say.

                “You called her Violet. It’s the old nickname that she gives only you permission to say. Sometimes you call her Vi for short.”

                “How do you know that?” he asked with total confusion in his voice. “Heather…”

                “Never tells anyone about her secret nickname,” Heather finished for him.

                DJ Lani looked at me, then at Heather, then back at me, “But…”

                “We’re not who you think we are,” she answered cautiously. “Something very strange happened to us out in the storm.”

                Nick was just as confused as DJ Lani, “What strange thing happened?”

                “We switched bodies,” I answered.

                Nick looked at me, “You two did what?”

                “When we were both looking for an unlocked door we slammed into each other and woke up in each other’s bodies,” Heather tried to explain.

                “Are you girls playing a trick on us?” DJ Lani chuckled.   

                “The makeup artist tonight told me and the other Backstreet dancers a story about two girls caught out in a hurricane that had their souls switched. I know it sounds absurd and a lot like Freaky Friday but it happened to us tonight,” I replied.

                “I am not Kalie,” Heather said to Nick. “I know I look and sound like her and I am wearing her clothes but I am not her. I am Heather. I am in love with DJ Lani. I should be enjoying the fact that you are holding me and kissing me but the only man I can think of is him right now and how badly I want to be in his arms. What other Nick Carter fan would actually pass you up to be with Backstreet’s DJ?” she tried to make light of the situation but none of us laughed.

                “I don’t believe this,” DJ Lani was starting to sound a little angry.

                “Why don’t you ask us a few questions that only the true Heather or Kalie would be able to answer?” I suggested calmly.

                “Alright then,” Nick said first. He looked at me and asked, “If you are the true Kalie then what did I give you for your sixteenth birthday?”

                I smiled, “You gave me a purple heart-shaped ring that I have been wearing on my right ring finger ever since you gave it to me.”

                Heather looked down at my hand, “Oh wow I never noticed that. It looks like brand new.”

                “That’s because I polish it every night before…”

                Nick cut me off, “We say good night.”   

                I smiled, “And every morning after…”

                “We say good morning,” I could tell in his voice that his suspicion was starting to fade and he was starting to believe us.

                DJ Lani then turned to Heather, “Why am I the only one who calls you Violet?”

                “My mom started calling me Violet when I first started loving the color purple. I became obsessed with the color and I still love it today. You, mom, and Steph were the only ones who called me that. When we grew older Steph stopped calling me Violet and then mom went crazy. You were the only one who called me that and didn’t make it sound like a punishment or a reminder of all the bad times with mom. You have always said it in a loving way making me remember the good times. No one else knows about my secret nickname; not even the rest of my family. What’s left of my family anyway.”

                I felt DJ Lani’s grip loosen on me and I also saw another question form in Nick’s eyes.

                “When was the first time we kissed and when did we finally confess our love for each other?”   he asked.

                I chuckled, “How could I forget our first kiss? We weren’t even dating yet and you were consoling me after you stopped that jerk Jasper from raping me. We were both scared out of our minds but we agreed much later when we did start dating that we both loved the kiss and we wanted more. And we first confessed our love for each other when I was lying in a hospital bed after waking up from a coma. I had to say it twice for you to realize that I meant my words as more than mere words shared between friends. Do you believe me now Kaos?”

                He smiled widely and rushed over to me, “Of course I do! I knew when you recalled what times you clean your ring every day.” He wrapped his arms around me and I breathed out in relief.

                “You still don’t believe us do you Rich?” Heather asked her boyfriend.

                “I have one more question for you.”

                “Shoot,” Heather said stepping closer to him.

                “What is your family’s darkest secret?” he asked hesitantly. “I know it’s a painful question but it’s the only one I know that some imposture can’t bullshit.”

                She looked at Nick and me before answering, “This doesn’t leave the four of us ok? My best friends don’t even know about this.”

                “I promise. You helped me survive being locked out in a hurricane it’s the least I can do for you,” I answered graciously.

                “My darkest family secret is that the doctors know exactly how my mom died they just won’t tell the rest of my family. Only Steph, you and I know that she died of a prescription drug overdose because she couldn’t handle being in a mental ward anymore and she hated being separated from my sister and I. My family also doesn’t know that my mom wrote me and my sister separate notes before she died expressing her love for us and how sorry she was that she had gone crazy. It was in that note that she called me her Violet for the last time,” she said in a quiet, saddened voice.

                Rich took her up in his arms and exclaimed, “It really is you!”   

                “Yes it is baby,” Heather smiled as he squeezed her.

                “Now…” Nick said, “How do we get you back into your normal bodies?”

                “Kalie, what else did the makeup artist tell you?” Heather asked. “Did she say there was any way the girls could be switched back?”

                I thought about the story that was told and replied happily after a few moments, “Yes! The girls were switched back to normal.”

                “How?” asked Heather.

                “She said that the village elders told them to go back out into the storm and do the same thing that made their souls switch in the first place. But…” fear settled in again, “I don’t want to go back out in that storm!” my body started shaking again thinking about going back out there.

                Nick cradled me and kissed my forehead, “I’m here Kayl. If that is the only way to change you back, do it. I’m going to sound selfish but I want my girl in her own body. It took me way too many years to get the complete Kalie all to myself.”

                “And I agree with Nick,” DJ Lani said leaning his forehead against Heather’s, “Don’t get me wrong Kalie you are beautiful but Heather is the perfect package for me and you’re body doesn’t match her personality.”

                Nick nodded his head, “He’s right. You are both beautiful but it’s just not the same with your bodies switched like this.”

                Heather walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, “You survived being out there before. Look at it outside. The rain has lightened up and I haven’t heard thunder or seen a single flash of lightening in a long time. Our men are here now. They’ll be watching us. All we have to do is get a running head start and run into each other like we did before.  You’ll be safe. And you can do this. We’re going to do this together.”

                I looked up at Nick and he pushed damp hair away from my face and rested his hand behind my ear, “I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be right here. I promise Kayl.”

                I took a deep breath in, “Ok. I’ll do it.”

Chapter 17 by CarterFan28

Chapter 17 Faster, Faster, Faster!

***Kalie’s Point of View***

                I looked at Heather and asked with a shaky voice, “So how are we going to do this?”

                “Well,” she started, “We were both running at a good speed when we knocked into each other, so how about we start on opposite ends of the block and just run as fast as we can right into each other? And as we do, cross our fingers and hope it works.”

                I gulped and nodded my head, “Ok. Let’s do it and get it over with.”       

                I started to walk toward my starting point when Nick grabbed my arm and swung me into his chest. He lifted my chin up so I could look into his eyes.

                “I’m right here waiting for you. I want my Kalie back in her own body.” 

                “I do too baby.”

                He kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand. It felt like he transferred some of his strength to me even though I was still scared. I could tell he was scared too by the way he kissed me. Or maybe he just felt awkward kissing Heather’s skin.      

                I started walking to the other end of the block and lifted my eyes up toward the sky, “Grandma, Grandpa, please let this work.”

***Heather’s Point Of View***

                I looked into Rich’s eyes before I walked in the opposite direction of Kalie. I could see the disbelief in his eyes.

                “You still don’t believe all of this, do you?”

                He shook his head, “How can I? I mean this entire night has been crazy. Now my girlfriend and my best friends’ girlfriend are claiming that they have somehow switched bodies while they were locked out in a hurricane? Do you know how crazy this sounds?”

                I raised my voice a little bit, “I do know how crazy this is Rich but why else would I know the answer to those questions? Plus that’s not the only thing that was crazy tonight. What the hell got into you?! You slammed a door in my face and became mad at me over nothing!”

                I suddenly forgot how happy I was that he had actually come out in the storm to find me.

                He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off, “You know what, I don’t have time to argue about this right now. Kalie’s waiting for me and trust me she can’t wait out here any longer.”

                I walked away from him without another word. My eyes rose toward the sky and I thought out loud, “Mom, please let this work.”

                I was becoming upset thinking about the possibility that our plan wouldn’t work and then I heard Rich’s voice scream out, “Violet, I’m sorry!” I convinced myself that I was only my wishful thinking making me hear his voice in my head. I just continued walking.

******

                Both girls could feel they’re hearts pounding as they stood for a second before starting their run towards each other. Their heartbeats quickened as their speed increased; faster, faster, faster!

                The boys were waiting with great anticipation while the girls ran at full speed down the block. Rich and Nick both figured Heather and Kalie would collide right in front of them and they were right.

                Just as they collided a blinding flash of lightning streaked across the sky and a defining clap of thunder erupted. From Nick and Rich’s view it looked like the lightning had struck the girls they loved the most. They started to run but it felt like they were moving in slow motion as the girls fell to the ground.    

                Heather and Kalie could feel themselves fall in slow motion. Before they hit the ground, each girl saw a strange blue glow float over their bodies and a quick feeling of breathlessness overcame them followed by what felt like a zing of electricity flow along their spines.

                When they hit the ground they didn’t feel any pain. They could hear the mixture of Rich and Nick’s voices begging them to wake up. They could also hear the ambulance and police car sirens approaching. Nick and Rich alerted the officers as to where they were.

                Moments later the girls were lifted into the ambulance. The EMTs tried to convince Nick and Rich to follow in separate cars but they refused. The EMTs stabilized Kalie and Heather as Nick and Rich held their hands silently praying the girls would wake up in their own bodies.

                Throughout this whole ordeal Heather and Kalie were aware of everything going on around them; they could hear their boyfriend’s/fiancé’s voices, the sound of the sirens, could feel the rain hitting their skin lightly, the gentle touch of their loved one, and every single bump and turn made by the ambulance. They just couldn’t react at all. Each girl tried their hardest but they couldn’t whisper a single word or lift a finger. Each girl tried with all of their might to wake up but exhaustion soon took over and they fell into a deep sleep.   

Chapter 18 by CarterFan28

Chapter 18 It Better Be A Promise

***Rich’s Point Of View***      

                The night of Hurricane Irene seemed like one messed up dream but the morning after I woke up in a hospital room resting my head on Heather’s stomach. She was lying in the bed. I looked over at the other bed and saw Kalie laying in there and Nick, who looked sleep deprived, was staring at his fiancé.

                He noticed that I was awake and asked, “Do you think it worked?”

                I shrugged, “We’ll find out when they wake up. I just still can’t wrap my head around all of this. It seems too much like a nightmare.”

                “Well it was real dude. I know out of the two of us I’m the one who believes in this supernatural stuff but it actually happened last night.”

                “I believe in the supernatural too.”

                Nick was shocked, “Seriously?”

                “Seriously,” Heather answered for me.

                I looked at her with my mouth agape in surprise but she continued, “He’s part Native American. His grandmother taught him the ways of her people and he grew up believing all of the stories she told. I did too. Some people started mocking him when he told the stories. As he grew up he stopped telling the stories so the teasing would stop. The only one he would tell the stories to was me because he knew how fascinated I was by them.”

                I grinned, “Welcome back.”

                She didn’t answer me.

                “You’re still mad at me aren’t you?” my voice dropped.

                She only looked at me; no words left her lips.

                “Why are you still mad at him Heather?” Kalie asked after hearing my voice.

                “Thank God you’re awake!” Nick breathed out then kissed Kalie’s hand.              

                Heather didn’t have time to answer Kalie because Michelle, Crystal, Dan, Chris, Kelshie, Jess, Melina, Carly, the Backstreet Dancers, and the rest of Backstreet and their wives all walked in excited to see that the girls were finally awake.

                “Well good morning sleepy head,” Kelshie greeted Heather.

                “Morning,” she replied as Kelshie pushed past me and hugged her best friend.

                “We were so worried about you!” Jess exclaimed.

                “The one who was worried the most was Kelshie,” Carly commented giving Heather a hug.

                She laughed as Melina took her turn hugging her, “Is that true? Since when did you become the worry wart?”

                “What can I say Hermie? I didn’t know if you were really upset after fighting with Rich like that.”              

                “You and Rich had a fight?!” Heather’s sister’s voice came from the doorway.

                “Hey Steph,” Heather breathed out.

                Stephanie rushed over and pulled Heather into a suffocating bear hug, “Are you ok?! Rich called me last night and told me what happened. I couldn’t get here until now because all the roads were closed.”

                “It’s ok Steph. I’m fine. I just needed some rest that’s all.”

                “And did I hear right that you and Rich had a fight last night?”

                Heather didn’t respond. She just raised her eyebrows in a pissed off manor.     

                “I wouldn’t call it a fight per say,” Jess said. “We don’t know what it was.”

                “He slammed a door in her face,” Kelshie informed Stephanie.

                “HE WHAT?!” Stephanie looked at me and raised her hand to smack me.

                “Don’t you dare!” Heather grabbed her hand just before it made contact with my face.

                “Why did you stop her?” I asked in a near whisper.

                “Yeah why did you stop her?” Kelshie asked astonished. “He deserved that! And wait…
she looked at me and shook her head after realizing I had asked the first question, “Why were you the one to ask that first?”

                I looked at her and replied simply, “Because I agree with you.” I looked back at Heather, “I did deserve that slap. I was a complete jerk last night.”

                “What made you become like that?”

                I looked into her eyes and I could see the hurt she held in them. The entire room fell silent as I took a deep breath in and collected my thoughts.

                “Heather I acted that way because I was jealous.”

                “Of what?” she asked with what seemed like a mixture of anger and surprise in her voice.

                “I was jealous of Backstreet, especially Nick. Well actually the way you were reacting to meeting them. At first I was happy to see you so excited but then when you actually met Nick it felt like you didn’t even know I existed anymore. It’s like you forgot about me.”

                “Rich, you know how much I love Backstreet.”

                “I know. And I also know that I was the one who promised you that I introduce you to your favorite singers.”

                “But you also know how much I love you.”

                “It wasn’t right of me to slam that door in your face and treat you like that. I really am sorry.”

                “You’re forgiven Rich. Although I don’t approve of the way you acted while you were jealous it’s good to know you still get jealous.”

                “When I found out that you were pushed out in that storm I panicked. I didn’t want to lose you. I never want to lose you.”

                “I guess you didn’t hear me. I forgive you. I really do. Just next time, tell me when you’re jealous and I’ll do my best to tone my excitement down. Now come here and give me a kiss.” She smiled as I leaned closer to her.

                “I really am sorry Violet,” I whispered so only she could hear.

                “Just shut up and kiss me,” she looked into my eyes and smirked.

                “That was the quickest make up I have ever seen,” Kelshie said.

                Heather and I chuckled.

                “I guess we’re just fast like that,” Heather winked.

                “Oh I did not need to hear that,” Carly said.

                Melina giggled, Kelshie and Stephanie just shook their heads and Jess laughed her ass off.

                “I can see you’re feeling better,” I smiled at my girlfriend.

                She squeezed my hand, “I’m feeling a lot better and I want to go home. I want to sleep in my own bed with the Puppies curled up next to me.”

                “What about your boyfriend cuddling with you too?”

                She ran her fingers through my hair, “Duh!” She stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed.

                Shortly after a doctor came in to check both Kalie and Heather and he cleared them to go home. Just before the girls started to collect their things, Backstreet’s tour manager Jen came in.

                “I am so happy to see you two are awake!” Jen hugged Kalie then Heather.

                Heather looked a little confused. She had only met Jen once before when I got gotten the job as Backstreet’s DJ but she wasn’t close with Jen like I was.

                “I’m sorry Heather you’re probably thinking that I’m a crazy woman but I’m just so relieved that you are both okay.”

                “We are all relieved too,” Michelle spoke up.

                After introducing Jen to Heather’s Backstreet Buds and her sister, Jen announced, “Due to last night’s completely crazy events the show could be rescheduled as long as the Boys and the dancers are up to it. Especially you Kalie.”

                “Well do you want to make up the show?” Kalie looked at the Backstreet Boys.

                “We all discussed it last night when we found out that you were safely in the hospital,” Brian said. “We are willing to make up the show for our fans as long as you want to Kalie.”

                “Let’s do it,” she answered cheerfully.

                “Are you sure?” Nick sounded concerned.

                “Kaos, you know how much I love to perform. And I know how much you four and the other dancers love to put on a show.”

                “Ok babe. As long as you’re sure.”

                “Alright then,” Jen said, “I’ll schedule this in as most likely the last tour date of This Is Us.”

                “Sounds good to me,” Nick smirked holding Kalie’s hand, “We’ve got five more shows including the make-up then we’ll have all the time in the world to plan a wedding.”

                “Sounds awesome to me,” Kalie smiled back at him.

                “Awe,” Heather looked over at them. “I better get an invite after what we went through together last night,” she joked.

                Kalie laughed but answered seriously, “Oh trust me you will! Nick and I were going to invite you even before we met you because we’re pretty close to DJ Lani…”

                “Please call me Rich,” I said graciously.

                Kalie nodded, “Because we’re pretty close to Rich, but definitely after meeting you last night and what we went through out in Hurricane Irene I would be so thrilled if you are there. And the Backstreet Buds are invited too.”

                “Awe you are too sweet!” Melina said.

                The girls’ visitors slowly walked out as the girls started to pack their things, which were only the wet clothes they had on when they came into the hospital. Someone, I forgot who, went back to the hotel to get them clean clothes to change into.

                As we were waiting for the clean clothes and the release paper work, Heather asked Kalie a few questions about what she wanted for her wedding and she, Kalie, and Nick started talking cheerfully about the future big day. I just sat on the bed behind Heather quietly with my arms wrapped around her waist. All the talk about the wedding made me think; mainly about Heather and how I almost lost her.

                The conversation stopped and Heather looked back at me after signing the paper work, “What’s the matter babe?”

                “I’m just feeling a little jealous again.”

                She furrowed her brow in surprise, “Why? What has made you so jealous this time?”

                “Not what, who.”

                “Alright then, who are you jealous of?”

                “Nick.”

                “Still?!” she spat at me in a hushed voice so Kalie and Nick couldn’t hear.

                “It’s just that Nick gets to marry his dream girl and not to mention his biggest fan. I wish I had a fan like Kalie.”

                Heather placed her hands on my face and made me look into her gorgeous brown eyes, “Don’t be jealous, be happy for him. And honey, you do have a fan like that. You’re looking right at her. I’ll be the greatest fan of your life and that’s a promise.”

                “It better be a promise,” I winked at her and she giggled.

                We leaned in closer for a kiss but Steph walked in with a change of clothes for Heather and said, “Go get changed and we’ll be on our way home. I’m sure you don’t want to stay in this room for another minute.”

                “You got that right,” she replied. She took the clothes from her sister then leaned closer to me again, “And I can’t wait to go home with you baby.”

                I smiled, relieved that I had my Violet back.                                  

End Notes:

This not the end of the Kalie Heather saga! Check out the follow up The Perfect Song! 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11106