I Did It For You by CarterFan28
Summary: Nick is so in love with Lauren that he will do anything for her. When a fan threatens her safety he takes action. But will Nick pay the ultimate price for what he’s done?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 671 Read: 735 Published: 08/14/13 Updated: 08/14/13

1. Chapter 1 by CarterFan28

Chapter 1 by CarterFan28
The room looked like a cafeteria with tables and chairs that were all attached to the floors. The guard didn't say anything as he lead Lauren through the doors.
"You can take a seat anywhere you want to and he'll be out in a few minutes. The court is giving you twenty minutes,” the guard finally spoke.
Lauren nodded her head, "Thank you."
The guard walked away and she sat down at the table that was closest to the way she had just came. She was a little nervous. There were multiple guards around but the other inmates talking with their visitors made her uneasy. She had never been in a prison and she had never wanted to be in a prison but this was the first time in months that she was able to see him.
She zoned out waiting for him and jumped when someone touched her shoulder from behind her.
She turned around quickly and breathed out, “Nick.”
He chuckled, “Were you expecting someone else. You nearly jumped out of your skin.”
“No. This place just makes me nervous. It is a prison after all.”
“I know it is,” he answered quietly. He looked at her with sadness in his eyes. She flung her arms around his neck and squeezed him tight. “Now that’s the reaction I was expecting,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.
“Nick I hate that you’re here. We just got engaged. Why’d you do it baby?”
“I did it for you babe. I’d do anything for you.”
***Months earlier***
“I have had enough of this!” Nick yelled throwing the letter to the ground and stomping on it before storming out the door. He knew where she was going to be. This crazy, obsessed fan knew where he and Lauren lived and always hung out across the street every single day. He couldn’t even count how many threat letters that this fan had written is fiancé but this was the last one she was ever going to write. Nick had tried to ignore this girl but he couldn’t take any more of it. He was tired of coming home and finding Lauren curled in a ball crying her eyes out because of some death threat from a fan who thought she was supposed to be his soul mate. Before he left the house he quietly walked back upstairs to the bed room.
“Today is the day it’s all going to stop baby,” he whispered to his sleeping fiancé. “I don’t care if this is going to land me in jail. You won’t have to be afraid ever again.” He kissed her forehead gently then left the house.
He jumped in his escalade and waited.
There she was walking down the street as usual with her anti-Lauren sign. The light changed and she crossed the street in front of him. That’s when he gunned it.
Lauren woke up to her cell phone ringing.
“Nick? I didn’t even hear you leave.”
“I’m at the police station. I did something I’m not proud of. But I did it for you.”
***Back in the visitors room of the jail***
“Nick you didn’t answer my question,” Lauren sobbed. “Why did you do it?”
He stroked her long hair, “I didn’t want you living in fear anymore. I couldn’t take any more of it. I couldn’t stand seeing you in such pain.”
“Well Nick,” she pulled away from him, “it hurts too much to seeing you in this orange jumpsuit and not being able to bring you home with me. I don’t think I can do this anymore. I know you did it for me but killing her was wrong. And now you really are going to pay the price for it.”
“Lauren…”
“Goodbye Nick.” She slipped the engagement ring off of her finger and walked away.
Nick stood there stunned as she walked out of his sight.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11148