Mystery Of Land's End Manor by Nessie
Summary: Victoria Donaldson, an American Girl, fines out that she is an owner of a Manor House, but there is a very dark mystery that surrounds the Manor, and can she solve 200 year old murder.
Categories: Non-Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Suspense
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 8157 Read: 4621 Published: 10/28/13 Updated: 11/11/13

1. Prologue by Nessie

2. Chapter 1 by Nessie

3. Chapter 2 by Nessie

4. Chapter 3 by Nessie

Prologue by Nessie
Prologue

I woke to the sound of thunder crackling through then night sky. I got up and went over to the window and opened the French door and stepped out onto the balcony. I sniffed the air and could smell the mixture of the salt water from the ocean and the up coming storm that was about to hit. I stood there and listened to the waves crashing below the cliff.
That's when I saw it, the black sails of the black ship as the strike of lighting flashed across the dark clouded night.
I went back inside just as the first drops of rain began coming down.
I had just shut and locked the doors when I heard the cracking of the front doors busting open and the yells of the invaders as they made into the house.
I looked around the room looking for a place to hide and pray that they wouldn’t find me.
Then I saw the door of the wardrobe running to it I flew open the door just as I heard the heavy sounds of boots coming up the winding stair case and down the hallway.
Then I heard the jiggle of the door knob, and that’s when I climbed into the wardrobe and was just closing the door when the bed room door burst opened.
That’s when I knew my mistake, and now I know there is no where to run.
Chapter 1 by Nessie
Chapter 1

Victoria was waken by the sound of the telephone ringing.
“ Damn who could it be at this time?” she thought to herself as she climbed out of bed.
Grabbing her robe before stumbling out of the bedroom; and then down the hallway as she made her way into the kitchen.
“ Hello?” she said grabbing the reservoir off the phone.
“ Hello, I’m looking for a Ms. Victoria Donaldson?” a gentleman with a very thick English accent asked.
“ This is she?” Victoria said.
“ Oh good, and I’m so sorry for calling you at this time in the morning, but I’m calling on the behalf of your late great uncle Charles.” The gentleman said as he nodded to the lady who put a folder down on his desk.
“ Um… it is very early here, and I was sleep, but you did say something about my great uncle?” Victoria said as she was trying to remember who Charles was.
“ Yes ma’am, and I’m sorry to have woken you up. Your great uncle passed away earlier this morning, or late last night due to your time, well anyway I have been informed that he has left you something in his will.” The guy said opening up the folder and began reading paper that was in there.
“ Oh I see, um… that is fine. Man it’s been a very long time since I have seen him, and yet he remembered me?” Victoria said as she was in total shock that a relative that she hardly knew remembered her to leave something in their will.
“ Yes… well it seemed that two months before his death he had his will changed due to the fact that the person he named in his will is also dead, and the next kin would be her daughter, which would be you Ms. Donaldson.” The gentleman said.
“ Oh I see, well yes my mother did die a couple of years ago, um… Mr…?” Victoria said when she realized that she didn’t even know the person on the phone.
“ Oh I’m sorry for not giving you my name, I’m Jacob Marley, from Marley and Marley.” Jacob said as he removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes.
“ That is fine, so Mr. Marley what did my great uncle leave me, may I ask?” Victoria asked.
“ Yes, Ms. Donaldson you may ask, and from what I can see here is your uncle has left you his pride and joy his family estate in the county of Cornwall, in a small town called Land’s End.” Jacob said as he read Victoria’s name and saw what was willed to her.
“ Ok I have an estate, cool. Wait a minute I remember my mother saying something that Charles had two sons, so should the estate go to them?” Victoria said as she started the coffee pot.
“ Yes he does have two sons, but it seemed about four years ago Charles and the two boys and a huge falling out with each other and he disowned them completely, and that was when he named your mother, as sole heir, but when she died it passed to you.” He said.
“ Oh wow that sounds great, so now my only question is what do I do now?” she asked.
“ Well I have to tell you that you need to come here to England, and sign the papers and then meet up with the judge, so that way the deed to the estate can go straight to you.” He said hoping that the sons won’t fight the will.
“ Ok, um… I have next week off so will that be soon enough or do I need to be there sooner.” She said.
“ No, next week will be fine, and I will schedule a meeting next Thursday?” he asked looking down at his calendar.
“ Thursday will be great, and can I bring a friend?” Victoria asked as the coffee stopped brewing and she poured it into her cup.
“ Sure you may bring a friend, and they can act as a witness in the signing.” Jacob said as he penciled Victoria’s name in the day planner.
“ Ok thank you for letting me know what’s going on and I see you in England then… um… where in England?” Victoria said as she sat down at the table.
“ Oh sorry again, in London, at 10am.” Jacob said as he wrote the time down under her name.
“ Ok I’ll see you then.” Victoria said taking a sip of the coffee.
“ Ok see you then, and you have a pleasant morning Ms. Victoria.” Jacob said before hanging up his phone.
“ Thank you and you have a great afternoon.” Victoria said before hanging up her phone.
Victoria got up from where she was sitting and taking her cup of coffee with her she made her way back to her room. Once there she got all her clothes that she was going to wear for the day together and put them on the bed before heading into the bathroom.
Twenty minutes later Victoria was getting out of the shower and drying off before going into her bed room and began getting dress.
After getting dress Victoria left the bedroom and headed back into the kitchen so that way she could make her something for breakfast.
After breakfast she went back into the bathroom and brushed her teeth before getting her stuff for work together before heading off to work.
Victoria got into her car and headed off to work.

~~~~

Within twenty minutes she was pulling into the parking lot of strip mall, going around the building until she was behind the shop that she worked at.
“ Morning Vicky and how are you doing?” Emily said as Victoria came walking into the building.
“ Morning Em, I’m doing fine and how are you and the kids?” she said as she went over to the time clock and clocked in.
“ They are doing fine, and I’m also fine too, what are you doing this weekend?” Emily asked as she put her lunch into the fridge.
“ I have to get some things together so I can fly off to England.” Victoria said as she went over to the fridge and put her lunch inside it.
“ England what is going on there?” Emily said as they walked out of the back area and into the store.
“ I got a phone call really early this morning from a lawyer.” Victoria said as Emily went over to the door and unlocked the door.
“ Wow, and what did the lawyer want so early in the morning?” Emily asked as she turned over the closed sign to open.
“ Well I found out that I inherited a manor house in England. So I’m going to be heading over to England next week and see this place.” Victoria said as she went over to the pile of boxes that she left unopened from the day before.
“ Ok, but how did you inherited this place I thought you didn’t have any family?” Emily asked as she went over to the cash boxed and counted the money to make sure that there was 50 dollars in the till.
“ Well I had a Great Uncle and he passed away a couple of days ago, and the place was to go to my mother but since she passed away this place goes to me.” Victoria said opening a box and pulling out the invoice.
“ Wasn’t he the same guy that you told about not liking his sons or something like that?” Emily said as she looked out and saw the UPS truck stop in front of the shop.
“ Yeah he is the one, great I wonder what he is bring us today?” Victoria said as she too saw the UPS truck.
“ Yeah I wonder what he is bring us, I didn’t order anything did you?” Emily asked.
“ No I didn’t order anything either.” Victoria said as she looked into the box and matched the items that were on the invoice.
“ Good morning ladies I have one package for you guys today.” The delivery guy said as he came into the building.
“ Morning Tom, Ok, but I don’t remember ordering anything.” Emily said as she took the clipboard from the delivery guy and looked down at the paper before signing it.
“ I think this was something that you had ordered a few weeks ago.” Tom said taking back his clip board before putting the package down on the counter.
“ Ok, thanks.” Was all Emily said as she was still trying to figure out what it could be.
“ Oh great that vase finally came in, now we can call Ms. Bibbs to let her know.” Victoria said as she opened up another box.
“ Well I’ll see you ladies next week then, have a great day.” Tom said as he headed out the door and to his truck.
“ I’ll call her to let her know.” Emily said as she open the box and sure enough it was the vase.
“ Ok, morning how can I help you?” Victoria asked as the door open and two elderly ladies came into the building.
“ Morning, we are just looking thank you.” The taller of the two ladies said.
“ Ok, just let us know if you need any help.” Victoria said as she nodded to them.
Emily retaped the box and then called Ms. Bibbs to let her know that the vase that she bought was in the shop.
“ Ms. Bibbs will be here around 12 for the vase so I’m going to put it in the office.” Emily said as she picked up the box and then headed for the office.
“ Excuse me miss but could I please see this broach please.” The shorter lady asked as she came up to Victoria.
“ Sure, let me get the keys.” Victoria said as she got up from the floor and went to the front counter and grabbed the keys for the display case.
She went over to the two ladies and saw that they were looking at the ruby and diamond broach.
“ We would like to see the ruby and diamond broach please.” The shorter lady asked.
“ Sure, everything in this case has been apprised and we do have the papers on them too.” Victoria said as she opened the case.
“ Oh really, that is great to know, I will take this one please.” The lady said as she took a closer look at the broach.
“ And I will like to look around some more before we get that.” The taller lady said.
“ Ok then I will put it over here and get the paper work on it, while you guys look around some more.” Victoria said as she took the broach over to the front counter and went to her desk that was behind it, and then she went over to the filing cabinet and began looking for the paper work on the broach.
Once she found it she found a small box, and put the broach inside it along with the paperwork.
“ We are ready now.” The short lady said as she and her friend came up to the counter.
“ Ok here we go, here is the broach and the paperwork, and that would be $1,486.00.” Victoria said as the door opened up again and Jackie came into the building.
“ Thank you so much and you have a great day.” The ladies said as they headed for the door after they finished paying for the broach.
“ You’re welcome, and thank you and come back to see again, and you guys have a great day too.” Victoria said to the two ladies as they headed out the door.
“ Hey Jackie, it’s great to see you today.” Emily said as she came out of office.
“ Hey Em, thanks and it’s great to see you too, hey Vicky are you free for lunch today?” Jackie said going over to an old wedding dress.
“ Hey, well I did bring my lunch, but if you want to go out then I can take my lunch home and have it for dinner tonight.” Victoria said as she went back to the boxes that she was working on before the two ladies came into the store.
“ Ok, darn I have to go, but I’ll see you around 12 then.” Jackie said as she saw the time.
“ Ok see you then.” Victoria said.
“ Can you put this stuff out, while I put the invoice into the computer, everything is logged in.” Victoria said as she finished with the last box.
“ Sure, and after that you can head out for lunch.” Emily said as a couple came into the store.
“ Ok.” Victoria said heading towards the back of the store and into the office.

~~~~
Forty five minutes later Victoria was finished with her paper work, and put the invoice in a folder and put it into the filing cabinet.
“ Well I’m gone, I’ll see you in an hour.” She said as she came back into the store and saw that there were two other people in the room too.
“ Ok I’ll see you in an hour, have a great lunch.” Emily said as she waved bye to Victoria.
Victoria walked to the back of shop and to the time clock and clocked out before going out the back door and to her car.
“ Hey Jackie I’m on my way to the restaurant and I be there in about five minutes.” Victoria said as she left a message on Jackie’s phone.
Going around the long row of buildings Victoria finally made her way to the red light at the entrance of the shopping center.
She looked over to her right and started to laugh as she saw the guy next to her head banging to the music that he was listening to.
The light changed and Victoria turned onto the main road and headed for the restaurant where she and Jackie was going to have lunch at.
True to her five minutes later, Victoria was turning into the parking lot and saw Jackie’s car parked next to the building.
Once she parked her car Victoria got out of the car and began walking towards the entrance of the restaurant.
“ Welcome to TGIF’s.” the hostess said.
“ Thanks, I have a friend waiting for me and I see her.” Victoria said as she saw Jackie wave to her.
“ Ok, and she has a menu for you already.” The hostess said as turned and saw Jackie waving at them.
“ Ok thank you.” Was all Victoria said before heading off towards the table that Jackie was sitting at.
“ Hey Vicky thanks for having lunch with me on a short notice.” Jackie said as Victoria came up to the table and pulled out the chair from the table.
“ Hey Jackie, you’re welcome, and it’s not a problem, because in away I really didn’t want to eat my lunch. And I have some news for you.” Victoria said as she sat down at the table and picked up her menu and began looking at it.
“ Oh really and what news do you have for me?” she asked as the waitress came up to the table.
“ Afternoon, I’m Angel and I will be serving you today; what can I get you drink?” Angel asked as she put down the two coasters for the drinks.
“ Hey Angel, I would like to have sweet tea with lemon please.” Victoria said.
“ Ok one sweet tea with lemon, and for you?” Angel said turning her attention over to Jackie.
“ Can you make that two ice teas with lemon please?” Jackie said as she turned the page of her menu.
“ Ok I will give you few more minutes to figure out what you would like to have.” Angel said before leaving us alone.
“ You said that you had something to tell me, earlier this morning.” Jackie said as she put her menu down.
“ Oh yeah, this morning I got the weirdest phone call from a guy in England telling me that I had inherited an English manor.” Victoria said as she put her menu down too.
“ Oh really and I didn’t think that you had any relatives living over there?” Jackie said as Angel came back to them with their drinks.
“ Are you guys ready to order?” Angel asked as she put the teas down in front of us.
“ Um… I would like to have the Grilled Chicken salad please with Thousand Island dressing please.” Victoria said as she picked up the menu and handed it over to Angel.
“ Ok, and for you?” she asked Jackie.
“ I would like to have the club sandwich with the house salad please.” Jackie said.
“ Ok, and what kind of dressing would you like to have.?” Angel asked.
“ I would like to have blue cheese please.” Jackie said.
Angel nodded and took Jackie’s menu from her and then headed off to go and put our lunch orders into the kitchen.
“ Yeah I did have a great uncle, but he passed away a couple of days ago, and I was in his will, and he left me this manor house in England. And I will be going over there next week to sign the papers.” Victoria said.
“ Oh wow, that is so cool, so that means you will be missing Tonya’s party?” Jackie said.
“ Yeah I guess I will, and it sounds like you really don’t want to be there?” Victoria said.
“ You’re right I really don’t want to be there, but she knows that I don’t have anything plan.” Jackie said.
“ Well you now can call her up and tell her that something did come up and you won’t be able to go to the party.” Victoria said.
“ Yeah right, and what can tell her.” Jackie said.
“ Well you can always go to England with me, and see this manor house that my great uncle has left me.” Victoria said as the hostess came by with a small group of business men.
“ Really, Oh man, I would love to go, and when are we leaving?” Jackie said almost jumping out of her chair.
“ Good, because I really didn’t want to go by myself, it’s next week so we will be leaving here Friday night after work, and we should be coming back next Saturday. I have the signing on Thursday, so I have to call the lawyer when I get into the car to let him know that you are coming with me.” Victoria said as a guy turned her way and looked straight at her.
“ Ok then you will call me to let, me know the information about our trip.” Jackie said as Angel came back with our lunch.
Forty five minutes Victoria got into her car called the lawyer and then headed back to the shop and worked for another six hours before going home to a quiet house.
Chapter 2 by Nessie
Chapter 2

“ Vicky the cab is here.” Jackie yelled as she walked into the house.
“ Ok, I’m coming, Damn I forgot my book.” Victoria said as she turned around and headed back down the hallway to her bedroom.
“ I can’t believe that I’m going to England, so where is this place that we have to go to?” Jackie asked as Victoria came back into the room.
“ Well first we have to go to London, and then we are to take a train and head down to the town called Land’s End, and from what the guy told me, the manor house is about five minutes outside the town.” Victoria said turning out the kitchen light.
“ You think that we could do a little sight seeing before we go down to this town, because there are couple places I would love to see in London.” Jackie said as she followed Victoria out the front door.
“ I think we can spend one day in London before heading down to Land’s End. I know it’s not a lot of time, but we are only there for a week, and one day will be spent signing papers.” Victoria said as the cabbie came over to them and took their bags and but them into the trunk of the car.
“ Ok that’s fine, like I said I only want to see a couple of places. So you want me to be a witness to the signing or something like that?” Jackie asked as she got into the car.
“ There are a couple of things that I would like to see too, and yes the guy thought it would be a great idea that you come as a witness. Who knows I might find my prince charming.” Victoria said with a laugh.
“ You know with your luck you would find him. So what places would you like to see?” Jackie asked.
“ True, that would be my luck. I would like to see the Tower of London mostly and I have it on the top of my list.” Victoria said.
“ Cool, the Tower is also on the top of my list too. I hope that can sleep on the plane on our way there.” Jackie said.
“ I too hope that I can sleep on the plane if not then I have some sleeping pills that could help me, and if you want I can give you couple.” Victoria said as the cab took them closer to the airport.

~~~~

Thirty minutes later Victoria and Jackie were sitting in their seats and waiting for everybody to finish boarding the plane.
“ Man I can’t believe it that we are sitting in first class. Now I know I will be able to sleep.” Jackie said as she looked round the first class and noticed that there were only four other people sitting with them.
“ Yeah, I guess I too can sleep, I never knew we would flying first class and I never asked Mr. Marley to get these tickets for us. I was just hoping it was economy class.” Victoria said as the airline attendant came into their section and closed the curtain.
“ Twenty minutes after we get into the air we will be serving dinner.” The attendant said as one of the pilots went into the cot pit.
“ What kind of dinner do we get?” one of the ladies that was sitting behind Jackie and Victoria.
“ We have sub sandwiches, and they are Club, turkey and ham.” The attendant said as she pulled out a menu and read what was on it.
“ Man that sounds great, I did somewhat miss dinner because I was in a rush to get here.” Jackie said as she found the menu and pulled it out from the seat in front of her.
“ Yeah me too, you know I think the Club sandwich sounds great to me, and I think I will have a glass of wine too.” Victoria said as she looked over to the menu that Jackie was holding.
“ That sounds good and it comes with two types of chips, and a cookie, pie or cake.” Jackie said as she continue to read the menu.
“ After we take off I will come up to you guys and ask what you guys would like to have for dinner.” The attendant said.
Victoria bent down and picked up the small bag and pulled out some information on London and began to read the packet that she had Mr. Marley send her.
Victoria looked out the window and watched the gate get smaller as the plane taxied to the runway and waited in line for their time to take off.
Within five minutes of leaving the gate the plane was taking off and making its way to London, England.
“ Good evening I’m Gracie and I will be serving you guys while we are heading for England. I’m going to start with you guys first, what can I get you to eat and drink?” the attendant asked as she came over to Victoria and Jackie.
“ Evening I would like to have the Club sandwich, with a piece of cake and red wine please.” Jackie said as she gave the attendant her order.
“ Ok and what can I get you ma’am?” the attendant said as she wrote down what Jackie wanted on her sheet of paper that she had with her.
“ I would like the same thing please.” Victoria said as she turned away from the window.
“ Ok so far I have to Club sandwich and red wine.” The attendant said.
Ten minutes later the attendant was passing out the sandwiches to the first class people, and one of the other attendants came up and asked if they had extra food, and the attendant handed over the sandwiches.
It was an hour later both Victoria and Jackie took some sleeping pills so that way they could sleep through the flight and when they arrive in London they will be refresh and ready to go see the town.

~~~~

“ Good morning everyone, we will be landing in England in about fifteen minutes.” The captain said as he came on the intercom to let everyone know that they would be landing soon.
“ Um… man it’s time to wake up.” Jackie said as she sat up in her seat.
“ Yeah, it’s time, excuse me but I need to visit the restroom.” Victoria said as she was trying to get up from her seat.
Victoria got up and headed of the bathroom, while she was in there she put the small bag on the sink and pulled out her toothbrush and toothpaste and began brushing her teeth; once she finished brushing her teeth she used the restroom before leaving the small room and heading back to her seat next to Jackie.
“ Every one please have your seats and trays in the upright place and we will be landing in two minutes.” The attendant said as she stood up in front of the small group of people in first class.
Victoria looked out the window and saw that they were getting lower and lower to the ground.
The plane landed and taxied to the gate, once there the attendant opened the door and waited for the first class passengers to get their stuff out of the binds and stood aside and said bye to everyone.
“ Thank goodness we just brought these small bags so that way we don’t have to wait.” Jackie said as she and Victoria left the plane and made their way to the gate.
“ Yeah I thought it would be a good idea too. Ok once we get to the exit area Mr. Marley said there will be a car waiting for us outside.” Victoria said as they followed the other passengers from the plane.
Once they got to the front of the air port Victoria saw a guy holding up a sign that had her name on it.
“ Hello, I’m Victoria Donaldson.” Victoria said as she came up to the guy and showed him her ID, and he nodded as he led them to where the car was parked.
“ Good morning Ms. Donaldson, I hope that you and your friend here had a great flight. Mr. Marley asked me to take you to your hotel and I will be your driver while you are here in London.” The driver said as he took the girls’ bag and put them in the trunk of the car.
“ Good morning and we had a great flight thank you. Um… could you wait outside of the hotel while we put our stuff in our rooms and then you could take us to a place that service breakfast.” Victoria said as the driver came over to the car door and slid into the car and waited for Jackie to get into the car before the driver got into the car and drove them to the hotel.
“ Sure that sounds great, oh by the way I’m Charles Marley, Jacob Marley is my father.” The driver said as he introduced himself to the two girls.
“ Hello, Charles. I’m Victoria.” Victoria said as she introduced herself to the driver.
“ Hello, Charles. I’m Jackie.” Jackie said as she too introduced herself to Charles.
“ It’s also nice to meet you too Ms. Jackie. And I know the perfect place for breakfast, and every thing there is home made too.” Charles said as he pulled away from the curb and headed for the hotel where the two girls were going to be staying out for the next few days.
Thirty minutes later they were pulling up to one of the grander hotels of London.
A bell hop came up to the car and opened the door for both girls, and even waited for Charles to get out of the car and open the trunk so that way he could grab the two small bags and had the two girls follow him into the hotel and up to the front desk.
“ Good morning loves and how can I help you both today.” The elder lady asked.
“ Good morning, we have a reservation that is under Victoria Donaldson.” Victoria said as she came over to the desk.
“ Oh yes, Mr. Marley told us that you would be showing up today.” The lady said as she gave the two girls a very warm and welcoming smile.
“ Um… ok.” Victoria sounding a little surprise; that everyone knew that she would be here today.
“ Ok here is your keys and Edward here will show you to your suites.” The lady said as she handed the bell hop one of the keys and giving the other one to Victoria.
Edward nodded to the lady as he took the key and then he led both Jackie and Victoria to the elevator and he pushed the call button and the bell dinged and doors opened up.
They got onto the lift and then he slid the card key before pushing the top button.
“ Um… why did you do that for?” Jackie asked as she stood there and watching the guy.
“ You both have the pen house suites and to get to it you have to scan your card key before pushing the top button.” The guy said with a smile on his face.
“ Oh, wow a pen house, man this trip is getting better all the time.” Jackie said as she was about to jump up and down in total excitement.
“ Yeah it is getting better, and I can’t wait to see what this manor is going to look like.” Victoria said as the elevator finally stopped on the floor of the pen house and the doors opened up to a very highly decorated hallway.
They got off the elevator and made their way down the small way and came up to one door. Edward scanned the card key and opened up the door, before walking into the room that looked like something you would find in a palace or castle.
“ This room is Ms. Jackie, it’s one of the smaller suites that are here, and if you will follow me please Ms. Donaldson and I will show you to your rooms.” Edward said as he nodded to Jackie, before going to the door.
Victoria followed Edward out of the room and into the hallway in which they went across to the door that was across from Jackie’s.
“ Here is your rooms, and it is what we call the Royal suite.” Edward said as he slid the card key into the slot on the door and opened it up, to one of the most beautiful rooms in the hotel.
“ Thanks, Oh My God this place is beautiful.” Victoria said as she looked around the room and seeing how regal the room was.
“ If you look out your window you can see Hyde Park.” Edward said as he took Victoria’s bag into the bed room part of the suite.
Victoria went over to the windows and saw that it was French doors, opening them up she saw a small balcony with a table and chairs. She opened the doors and stepped outside and looked over to where the park was and saw some people walking around.
“ Hello?” Victoria said as she answered her cell phone.
“ Hello, Ms. Donaldson I hope that you find your rooms to your liking?” Mr. Marley said as he put the papers into his briefcase.
“ Yes I do find them way more to my liking, you really didn’t have to go all out for us, but thank you.” Victoria said as she stepped back into the room and saw Edward walking into the living room area.
“ You are welcome, the reason why I’m calling you so early is because I have to change our meeting, I have a family matter that I have to do Wednesday and Thursday, I talked to my son Charles, and he said that he was taking you and your friend a restaurant for breakfast, and I was wondering if I could join you, and have you sign the papers over breakfast.” Mr. Marley said as he walked out of the door and to his car.
“ Sure that’s fine, and I understand and speaking of breakfast I better go get Jackie and head on down to the car and to the restaurant.” Victoria said with a laugh as she grabbed her small hand bag and gave Edward a tip, then getting her card key, she headed out the door.
“ Ok then I’ll see you at the restaurant.” Mr. Marley said before hanging up his phone.
Victoria hung up and shut the door before walking across the hallway so she could knock on Jackie’s room door.
“ Hey you ready to for breakfast, oh and Mr. Marley will be join us because something came up and we will sign the papers at breakfast.” Victoria said as Jackie opened the door and came out of the room.
“ Ok that’s cool, this will be very interesting breakfast.” Jackie said as they stopped at the elevator and pushed the call button.
The elevator came and the two girls got onto the lift and Jackie hit the lobby button, on the way down they talked about what they plan to do for the two days that they are going to be in London.
Once they came to the lobby they stepped off the elevator and saw Charles standing by the front desk talking to the elder lady that was still behind the counter.
“ Are you two ready for breakfast, and my father will be join you the both of you for breakfast.” Charles said as he came up to the two girls and then the three of them walked out of the hotel and get into the car.
They got to the restaurant and saw Mr. Marley standing outside the restaurant.
They went into the restaurant and the girls learned that it was Mr. Marley’s wife’s family that runs the restaurant that they had the papers.
It was also here that Victoria not only signed the papers for deed to the manor but she learned that she also has a title too, she is a Duchess.
After breakfast both her and Jackie headed out to do a little shopping and Jackie went back to the hotel and rested up, but as for Victoria she headed over to the British Museum and hung out for about two hours before heading over to the Hard Rock Café to meet up with Jackie and had lunch.
After a long day of running round the town, Victoria got into the tub of hot water, and laid back and relaxed some before getting out and climbing into bed and falling sound asleep and began having a strange dream of a ship with black sails.
Chapter 3 by Nessie
Chapter 3

The car stopped right in front of the train station and Charles got out of the car and went to back of the car and opened the trunk. He leaned over and pulled out Victoria and Jackie’s bags.
“You think we will be able to sleep on the train?” Jackie said as a porter came up to the car and took the bags from Charles.
“ I’m not sure, Charles do you know what kind of tickets we have?” Victoria asked as they walked into the station.
“ I’m not sure what kind of tickets you have my lady, wait by the benches over by the sign broad, while I park the car and then I’ll get the tickets for you.” Charles said as he pointed over to the benches that were under the sign broad.
Victoria nodded as she watched Charles head out the door and the porter came over to them.
“ We are going to wait for our driver he is going to get our tickets for us, and he asked us to wait for him right over there.” Victoria said as she pointed over to the benches.
“ Yes ma’am I will be waiting right here with you then.” The porter said as they walked over to the benches and Jackie and Victoria sat down.
Five minutes later Charles came back inside the station, but coming over to the girls he went over to the ticket agent and picked up their tickets.
“ We are ready to board when ever you are my lady.” Charles said as he came up to the group and handed the porter the tickets, and the guy just nodded.
The porter lead the way to the front of the train and Victoria noticed that the car was a little different from the rest of the cars on the train.
“ Um… Charles what is this all about?” Victoria said as she the stopped next to the car just as the conductor came up to them.
“ Excuse me but this is a private car.” The conductor said as he came up to them.
“ Here you go sir this is person who the car is for, The Duchess of St. Ives.” Charles said as he handed over the tickets and other papers.
“ My Lady please forgive me, and welcome aboard.” The conductor said as he bowed to Victoria before pulling down the steps and helped Victoria on broad the train.
“ It’s ok, I’m still getting over the fact that I have a title, and I’m of Royalty too.” Victoria said stood aside to let the porter on so he could put their bags in the rooms.
“ I’m sorry to hear about your uncle, he was a great man.” The conductor said as he came abroad and led Victoria inside the car.
Victoria stopped in the middle of the coach and saw a small seated area and then dinning area.
“ Wow this car is beautiful, it’s like a small travel trailer.” Victoria said as she looked around the very regal coach.
“ Thanks your uncle had it specially built because he had to have way to travel from Land’s End to London and back again.” The conductor said as looked at his clock and saw that he it was five minutes before last call for tickets.
“ Cool, well I can tell that you need to get back to work, and I believe I will try to get comfy for the long ride to Land’s End.” Victoria said as Jackie came into the living room area.
The conductor bowed before leaving the car and headed back to his area between the other cars.
“ Man you need to see the sleeping areas, of course you have the largest room, and one other small sleeper room, then another room that has four bunk beds.” Jackie said as she sat down on the couch.
“ Great I’m going to see this room, be right back. Oh Charles what do we do if we get hungry?” Victoria asked as she started for the small hallway.
“ There is a call button right here and it goes to the diner car which is right behind us and the cook will fix our dinner and bring it to us. Thank Philip and you have a great day.” Charles said to the porter as he left the car.
“ Ok, well let me see this car and try to relax some.” Victoria said as she opened one of the doors and saw that it was restroom.
“ Yes my lady, if you need anything just let me know and I will get it for you.” Charles said as he nodded his head before sitting down at the dinning table and pulled out his lap top and turned it on.
Victoria went to the next room and saw that it was her bed room and it even had it’s own bathroom too.
She went over to the bed and sat down on it and found it very comfy, and then she laid down and found it to her liking.
After five minutes laying there she heard the whistle and the conductor yelling all abroad, and then felt the jerk of the car and the train began to move and head out of the station.
“ Hey Vicky are you ok?” Jackie asked as she tapped on the door and opened it and stuck her head into the room.
“ Yeah I’m fine, just a little tired, I think the jet lag is finally catching up with me, I’m just a little nervous about seeing this place, and just over whelmed with about everything, who would have thought when I leaned about my uncle’s death and his will, that I would have learned that I would have a Royal title, and that I’m really Royalty.” Victoria said as she sat up and getting up from the bed.
“ Yeah in away that is so cool, and it’s hard to believe that I’m the very best friend of a real Duchess.” Jackie said as stepped aside so that Victoria could get out of the room.
“ Ok but do me one huge favor, don’t tell anyone when we get home, I really don’t want anyone to know ok.” Victoria said as they enter the living room area and sat down so that way they could see some of the city go by as they headed down to Cornwall.
Two hours later the train was making it’s first stop on its way down to Cornwall.
“ What would you like for dinner, there is beef, chicken and fish, and here are the list of veggies you can have with your main dish, and there is a salad too.” Charles said as he came up to ladies and handed them both the menus.
“ Cool and how do we get our dinner?” Jackie asked as she looked up from her menu.
“ You can give me your order, and I will call the diner car and put in your order.” Charles said as he wrote down what he wanted for dinner.
“ Ok that sounds great, I would like to have the stake, medium, with corn cob and mash potatoes, with a beer please.” Victoria said as she put down menu on the small coffee table.
“ Ok and for you Jackie?” Charles asked as he finished writing down Victoria’s order.
“ I would like the same thing, but I would like a bake potato instead of mash. And beer too.” Jackie said as she too put the menu down and looked over Charles’ shoulder and saw some of the country side that was in the window behind him.
“ Ok, got it, would guys like to try some of our English Ales.” Charles asked as he looked down at the list of beer.
“ Sure that sounds great, if you are having one then I’ll have the same thing.” Victoria said as she picked up the book that she had been reading.
“ Ok, and for you ms. Jackie?” he turned his attention to Jackie.
“ Sure why not, I always wanted to try English Ale.” Jackie said as she grabbed her book too and began reading it.
Charles nodded before going over to the phone and dialed up the diner car and put in their dinner orders.
Twenty minutes later the three of them were sitting at the dinning table and eating their dinner.
“ So you are going to be with us the whole time we are going to be here?” Victoria asked as she finished up her mash potato.
“ Yes ma’am, I’m to be your driver, while you are down here. And I’m to hand over the keys to you when we get there.” Charles said as he took a sip of his Ale.
“ Ok I take it that the Manor is outside of the town of Land’s End then?” Victoria asked as she too took a sip of her drink.
“ Well it’s more like between Penzance and Land’s End, you see Land’s End, is more like a theme park type place, and you can’t have cars there.” Charles said as they finished up their dinner, and someone from the dinning car came and took away their dishes and gave them another Ale.
“ I see, I do remember seeing picture of the manor when I was a little girl, and is it near the ocean or something like that?” Victoria asked as she remembered her mom showing her a picture of a manor house by the ocean.
“ Yes ma’am it is by the ocean, and part of it over looks the cliffs.” Charles said as the waiter came back with their dessert.
Victoria said as she took piece of her cake and ate it.
“ Mmm. This pie is great here have a taste.” Jackie said as she slid her plate over to Victoria so she could have a taste of the pie.
“ Mmm you’re right, so what game would you like to play.” Victoria said as she finished up her cake, and getting up and found some games in the small closet area.
“ Um… is there a game of Clue.” Jackie asked as she pushed her plate away from herself.
“ Yeah there, is would you like to play the game with us Charles?” Victoria asked as she pulled the game out of the closet and coming back to the table.
“ Sure that sounds great.” He said picking up the plates and putting them on the coffee table.
It was an hour later they were pulling into another station and they were going to stay there for an hour, and it then Victoria thought it would be a good idea to call it a night.
Going to her room she got undress and put on her night gown before laying down on the bed and turning out the light and falling sound asleep, and five minutes later both Jackie and Charles did the same thing and climbed into their beds and falling sound asleep.
As the train chugged on down the rails through the night, and making more stops along the way and dropping off and taking on passengers as it makes it way southward to the town of Penzance.
Where Victoria is going to learn a very dark secret of the manor house that she just inherit from her uncle.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11188