Feels Like Home by TatianaM
Summary: 10 years have passed since Delilah and Nick saw each other. What happens when they realize just how small the world can be.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: No Word count: 46352 Read: 40720 Published: 11/13/13 Updated: 04/19/14

1. Chapter 1 by TatianaM

2. Chapter 2 by TatianaM

3. Chapter 3 by TatianaM

4. Chapter 4 by TatianaM

5. Chapter 5 by TatianaM

6. Chapter 6 by TatianaM

7. Chapter 7 by TatianaM

8. Chapter 8 by TatianaM

9. Chapter 9 by TatianaM

10. Chapter 10 by TatianaM

11. Chapter 11 by TatianaM

12. Chapter 12 by TatianaM

13. Chapter 13 by TatianaM

14. Chapter 14 by TatianaM

15. Chapter 15 by TatianaM

16. Chapter 16 by TatianaM

17. Chapter 17 by TatianaM

18. Chapter 18 by TatianaM

19. Chapter 19 by TatianaM

20. Chapter 20 by TatianaM

21. Chapter 21 by TatianaM

22. Chapter 22 by TatianaM

23. Chapter 23 by TatianaM

24. Chapter 24 by TatianaM

25. Chapter 25 by TatianaM

26. Chapter 26 by TatianaM

27. Chapter 27 by TatianaM

Chapter 1 by TatianaM

Delilah kneeded the dough with her knuckles as her friend Trish told her about her dream.
"So then Jeremy came in the room while I was making out with Max."
"Wow you were dreaming of Max? Jeremy's brother? Is this the first time you dream about your brother in law?"
Trish pushed her blonde hair out of her face as she iced cupcakes and shook her head, "no that's what is weirding me out Lilah. I can't stop thinking about him now and he's coming to visit next week." 
Delilah poured some more flour on the dough and pushed a strand of her own brown hair out of her face. She let out a fake sigh as she molded the bread into rolls. "How is it that you are married and still have guys chasing you but here I am single and can't get a steady boyfriend?"
Trish glared at her from the other table,"you're not funny." She continued icing changing the subject,"so when is June coming back from LA?"
"Later on, her flight arrives around 3, I'm sure she stop by to tell us all about it of course."
Trish nodded and laughed,"um yea I think she is dying to tell us about this years family reunion. Poor girl can never get out of going to those."
"One of these days she will stand up to her dad and just say no thank you. Maybe next year when she's 30."
Once more Trish laughed,"yea because being 30 will finally make her mature.i guess I'm the test run since I am 30 and you have 2 more years until you are mature then."
Delilah nodded in agreement as she continued rolling. Colbie her employee walked in for her shift. She was a 20 year old college student that needed a little extra cash so Delilah hired her as extra help around the shop. She smiled"hey guys, how's it going?"
Delilah smiled back"oh you know same as everyday, crazy morning and slow lunch. Mrs. Pinkerton is out there today, she was asking about you."
Colbie smiled warmly,"oh good, I'm glad she is here I need to tell her about Zachary!"
Lilah's Bakery is popular with all the crowds but different crowds at different times. The morning crowd is the business people in for their breakfast on the go. The brunch crowd is the elderly, and the lunch crowd is the high school kids that go to school around the corner. The evening crowd is the college students. There are plenty of regulars who come in almost everyday. Delilah has always said she was blessed to have been a hit, but it's really all about location. The bakery is right in the middle if everything. Her grandfather had left her quite the inheritance that helped out Delilah through school for management which helped her make the business plan to get the loan for the shop. She went to school with Trish back in The mainland. Then they decided to move out here to Harkers Island North Carolina, small town everyone knows each other. they've been here for 5 years now and met June when they arrived. The three of them have been best friend for the past 5 years. Trish married Jeremy two years ago. June and Delilah are single, but June bounces from boyfriend to boyfriend. Every year she comes back with wild stories from her family reunions in LA where she is originally from. 
Delilah is from Houston,Texas but needed to get away from her old life and wanted something smaller, that's why she came here. 
Around 4 pm when the high school kids start leaving, there is usually a slow period where hardly anyone comes in. This is the breather time, and Delilah is always grateful for the quiet.
As she is restocking the display window, the door chimes and in skips June to the counter. Trish goes around and hugs her friend, Delilah doing the same.
"You're back! Believe it or not we've missed you!"
June hugged them back and smiled widely. Without saying a word both Trish and Delilah knew something was up.
Trish asked first," oh Lord what did you do?" Her Georgia accent coming out strong on the word Lord."
Delilah went back around the counter and wiped another strand of hair from her forehead while also leaving a trail of flour across it. Not noticing, or caring she didn't bother to wipe it off, she just raised her eyebrows at her friend waiting to hear.
June poured herself some lemonade and sat on a stool at the counter,"I have so much to tell you guys but first I have to tell you something. I met a guy in LA, and I kinda asked him to come back with me."
Trish shook her head not surprised," of course you did, you wouldn't be you without doing something crazy like bringing a stranger home with you. Didn't your mama teach you about stranger danger?"
June laughed"yea she did but that just made them more appealing and mysterious. Anyway this guy really isn't a stranger."
Before she could say more the phone started ringing and Delilah had to go answer it"hold that thought be right back." She took the cordless phone back into the kitchen as she took down an order. Once she's as done she walked back out,"okay sorry about that now tell us about your guy" She looked up and her eyes met with the tall blonde guy standing with his arm around June's shoulder. His blue eyes widened as he saw her walk in, immediately recognizing her.
For a second she thought there was someone beating on a drum but then she realized it was her own heart slamming against her chest. 
June didn't notice the interaction between her new boyfriend and her best friend she smiled proudly,"Delilah this is Nick Carter, Nick this is Delilah!"
Before Nick could say anything Delilah composed her self and smiled,"Nice to meet you, I'd shake your hand but I'm covered in flour."
Nick was confused for a brief second then also smiled,"June has told me so much about you two, that I just couldn't wait to meet you."
June couldn't stop smiling,"the Backstreet Boys are taking a short break to be with their families so Nick decided to come live the small town life for about a month."
Trish laughed nervously,"A month? Wow that's a long time, you'll probably get bored."
Nick shook his head"oh I doubt it, I'm craving peace and quiet so bad that this might be a great place for me."
Delilah couldn't think of anything to say, so she made herself busy arranging the display window. June slid her hand into Nick's"Well we will leave you lovely ladies to do your thing. We need to go get Nick settled into his hotel then go on a tour of the city. I'll see y'all in the morning for the run." 
Nick nodded to both girls"it was nice meeting your Trish,Delilah."
Delilah's heart raced at the sound of her name coming out of his lips. She smiled and waved as they left the shop. Trish turned to Colbie "can you handle the counter for a bit dear?" Colbie nodded as she she scrolled through her phone.
Delilah walked back into the kitchen with Trish at her heels. "Oh My God."
Trish shook her head,"Lilah you have to tell her!"
"I don't know if I can! That's so awkward." 
"If you don't tell her it will get even more awkward!"
"Trish I can't, she is so happy! I don't know how to tell her!"
How do I tell my best friend her new boyfriend is my ex-husband?
Chapter 2 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
I hope to add a chapter a day maybe two a day!
Nick set the keys down on the table and turned to the tall red head that had convinced him to come. She smiled at him "I'm going to go take a shower and get ready then I'll meet you back here to head out?" 
He nodded, "Sounds good."
He walked over to her, she leaned up and kissed him."Mmm unless you want me to stay and shower here." She smiled flirtatiously. 
He laughed and shook his head,"I bet you'd like that huh?" 
She laughed too and shrugged her shoulders as she walked out,"it was worth a shot. See ya later babe."
Nick sat on the bed and sighed letting himself fall backwards. She's here, out of all the people to run into in this small town. Delilah. She looks great. How long has it been since I saw her last? Almost 10 years. Guess she hasn't told her friends about us since she pretended not to know me. He thought about the look on her face when she saw him. His heart started beating so fast when she walked in. He isn't a nervous person but watching her walk in from the back room made him panic. 
He got up and started getting ready for his dinner date with June wondering when he would be able to talk with Delilah. 
Delilah went down the list of contacts one more time with Trish and Colbie. She was about to head out for Houston to handle some things with her family. She would be gone for a week and she was leaving Trish in charge of the shop. She hadn't seem much of June and Nick since they arrived three days ago, which was a good thing. Their last meeting was surprising and awkward. Delilah didn't like thinking about Nick and June hooking up so she was glad she would get to go home for a week to distract her. She'll deal with this mess when she gets back.
After running down the list Trish walked Delilah to her car,"Ok so you will drop Dobby off at my house on you're way to the airport? Or do you want me to pick him up?
Dobby is Delilah's 3 year old golden retriever. He is her baby, so she worries about him. "Do you think you can pick him up on your way home? I still have to run out to the bank and deposit some cash from last week." 
Trish nodded "yea no problem I can pick him up. I'm sure Sam and Dean will love having him over." Sam and Dean are Trish's Great Danes, they were named after the guys from Supernatural as all 3 girls were big fans of the show. Trish was a major fangirl, more so than June or Delilah. 
Delilah sighed and hugged her friend,"thank you! Have you talked to June?"
Trish nodded,"Yea we are suppose to go out with her and Nick tomorrow night. Have you talked to her?"
Delilah also nodded,"Yea she tried to invite me to that too but I told her I had to go out of town for a week."
"Oh I'm sure that would be awkward so glad you have an out."
Delilah got in her car and headed out to the bank and the airport.
 *2 Days Later in Houston*
Delilah sat with her lifelong friend Andy at the dinner where they used to go when she lived in Houston. He is one of the few people that were around when she was married to Nick. He sipped his soda,"So your friend is dating you're ex husband?"
Delilah nodded,"Yup that's my luck. No matter how much I tried to stay away from him, he ends up in my town with June."
Andy laughs"Wow you do have the worst luck, I'm sorry Lilah. Are you going to tell her?"
She nodded,"I am but I don't know when or how. Any suggestions?"
Their food arrived, the waitress placed a burger in front of Delilah and a salad infront of Andy. She laughed"I am proud of you and your healthy eating. Here I am owning a cupcake shop and eating burgers."
"Hey but you look great so you are obviously doing something right."
They ate their dinner not mentioning Nick and June anymore. 
The next day she was over at her parents house signing the paper work to  split up their grand fathers assets. This time it was her mothers dad who has passed away. He didn't leave much assets, mostly debts that were to be paid off with the littl emoney he did leave. Their family wasn't too close to him, but her mother was his only child so he left all to her. The memorial service had been for him the day before, and today was just the will signing. Delilah's parents had business matters to attend to out of town so they said their goodbyes and left. Beverly and Cassidy, Delilah's sisters, also had to jet out of town with their families leaving Delilah alone. She went back to her hotel room and figured she might as well just head back. She didn't know of all these plans that her family had made, which is why she had scheduled her time here for the whole week instead of just the few days. She called Andy on her way back to the hotel, "Hey I'm heading back, my family has abandoned me again." She joked as she got in the cab she called.
He sounded bummed on the other line,"Really? I'm sorry Lilah, you could always hang out with me."
She thought about it for a second, but shook her head, "No, I really should get back to the shop. I'm afraid of what Trish and Colbie have been up to. When will you come visit? Soon I hope?"
He laughed, "I will try to make it out next month I promise."
She rolled her eyes, "Yea yea I've been hearing that for the past 5 years. It was really nice to see you Andy."
They said their good byes and she hung up as she arrived at the airport.
She went straight to pick up Dobby, by the time she made it to her house, it was dark. She walked in and dropped her keys on the table and her bags on the floor. It had only been 4 days but she felt like it had been forever since she had been home. Stress will do that to you. She turned on the lights in the kitchen as she poured herself a glass of wine. Just then a wet and naked Nick walked out of the guest bedroom.
Chapter 3 by TatianaM
His eyes widened as he covered himself. She gasped as she quickly turned away, "What the hell? What are you doing here?"
He turned bright red, "Delilah! I'm so sorry! June said you wouldn't be back until Sunday!"
She kept her back turned to him, "Yea that was the plan but still doesn't answer what the fuck you are doing here naked. Please go put some clothes on."
At that moment June walked in out of breath, "Nick Delilah is on her way home!" She stopped when she saw Nick in all his glory by the door smiling.
Delilah turned around to yell at her friend but caught a glimpse of Nick and quickly covered her eyes, "June...I am going to kill you."
By now he couldn't help but smile,"How about I go put some clothes on."
June grinned real big as he walked away not being able to take her eyes off of him. Delilah smacked her in the arm to get her attention, "June explain now."
June shook her head, "Oh right, there was a leak at Betsy's and she has plumbers out there working on it but she cleared out the B&B for a week so I told Nick it would be okay for him to stay here since you would be gone until Sunday. My mom is in town so he couldn't stay with me or else she would freak out about having men in my house. I really didn't think you would be back in time to even notice that he was here. I am so sorry I should have called and asked before assuming it would be ok." She said it all very fast in 2 breaths.
Delilah raised her eyebrows, "June what do we do now?"
Nick walked back in wearing grey sweat pants and a black t-shirt. June smiled as he walked in, obviously mesmerized by how handsome he looked. Delilah was becoming impatient, "June!"
Her friend blushed and turned to Delilah, "I called Betsy on my way here and she says that she is still shooting for Sunday to have everything ready. My mom leaves Saturday night so is it ok if he stays until Sunday? Then he can come back to my place unless Betsy is done."
Delilah caught a glimpse of Nick's eyes widening.
She closed her eyes, "Yea he can stay. I'm going to bed good night." She didn't look at either of them as she walked back into her bedroom and shut the door.
She took a shower and then laid on her bed, shortly after she heard the front door close signaling that June had left. She closed her eyes and sighed. This just couldn't get any worse.
As she let her mind drift, she started seeing Nick standing there without his clothes. She was picture the freckles on his shoulders, and the way his pecs curved. He hadn't been this fit back when they were married. She quickly opened her eyes and tried to get rid of that picture of him. She waited to hear if he had gone back to the guest room before going back out to the kitchen.
She was wearing PJ shorts and a tank top, which is how she usually went to bed. She put set some water to boil for her nighttime tea. She didn't hear him come out of the room behind her and stand at the counter until he spoke. "So are we ever going to talk about this?"
She gasped and spun around, "Jesus Nick! Don't do that!"
He laughed, "I'm sorry I thought you heard me."
Once her heart stopped trying to run out of her chest she took a deep breath to try to calm it down from sitting in the same room with him.
She leaned against the counter, "What do you want me to say Nick? That its good to see you? That it doesn't feel weird at all to have you near me again?"
He nodded, "I know this is strange, I didn't expect this either. But we will be in the same small town for the next month, we need to clear the air. Plus I'm dating one of your best friend. I don't know how serious this could get, I mean I like her so I want to make sure we are ok for her sake."
Delilah winced at that, "Right, I haven't talked to you in 10 years but because you are dating my friend, its time to talk. Yea I don't know what to say, but I know that I am not ready to talk about it. I won't tell her because I don't want to upset her or mess anything up between you two. Goodnight Nick." She turned the stove off and went to her room. He watched her close the door, he sighed and walked back into his room and closed the door.
The next morning Delilah rushed out of the house hoping not to run into Nick again. She was still feeling a little hurt that the reason he wanted to patch things up was because of June, instead of because how the marriage ended. When she arrived at the shop she was relieved to see that no one was in yet. She needed some quiet time, to sulk. She had tried for many years not to sulk about her marriage with Nick failing but today she needed to pour her heart out. She turned her iPhone's Pandora app on to her Sara Bereilles station and turned it up as she started to make the cakes for the day.
By the time Trish showed up, Delilah had baked about 30 cupcakes, 20 crossaints for the breakfast rush, and made the lemonade. Trish walked in to find flour everywhere, including on Delilah, and Lily Allen's Fuck You playing loudly while Delilah danced around the kitchen. She laughed as she looked at her watch, 6:30 the shop opens up in 30 minutes so she didn't have time to ask what was up before she started on the eggs.
Once the morning crowd dispersed and the elderly started coming in Trish finally asked Delilah what was up. "So are we going to talk about what happened last night that had you daning to Lily Allen? That's your angry girl station."
Delilah took a plate to the back, "June let Nick stay at my house while I was gone expecting me to be gone through the weekend."
Trish gawked with her mouth open, "No!"
Delilah nodded, "Yea apparently Betsy's has a leak that has cleared everyone out so he needed a place since June's mom is in town. So he is staying at my place until Sunday." Trish didn't know what to say so Delilah continued, "And so then Nick wanted to talk about what happened 10 years ago because he likes June and doesn't want what happened between us to mess it up. NOT because he actually wants to address what happened between us. Which just sucks."
Trish tried to hide the frown, as she hugged Delilah, "I'm sorry hun. I can't imagine what you are going through." Changing the subject, "If it makes you feel any better, Max is in town and I can't stop fantasizing about my dream."
Delilah let out a loud short laugh, "I'm sorry but that did make me feel better."
Just then June walked in,"Hey guys! D I am so sorry about last night, I didn't think you would be home early."
"Oh don't worry about it, it was more of a shock than anything."
June giggled, "Yea I wouldn't imagine you were expecting a naked man in your living room."
Trish raised her eyebrows "What naked man?"
Delilah blushed at the memory, June just smiled, "Yea my boyfriend was flaunting his extremely nice body around the house."
Delilah shook her head, "Thats because he air dries after showers so his skin doesn't dry up."
June was puzzled, "How is it that you know this?"
Trish watched Delilah think of something, with slight wide eyes.
"He told me after I got onto him after you left. Told him if he was going to stay here he needed to air dry in his own room."
June laughed, "Oh be nice!" She bought it, Trish and Delilah let out a breath of relief. She changed the subject, "So I was thinking we should have dinner at your house Saturday night D. Maybe Trish could bring Max."
Trish snorted at the idea of setting up Delilah with Max, but then nodded, "Oh that is a good idea! Maybe I will stop thinking of him that way if he is with you!"
Delilah looked at her friends with her eyebrow furrowed, "What makes you two think I need to hook with Max?"
Trish jumped on it, "Its not that you need to hook up with Max, its that he's in town and available so." She held out the 'o' in so insinuating that there was no real reason why they couldn't hang out.
Delilah laughed, "Alright I will make dinner Saturday night, and you can bring Max. We haven't had dinner together in a while anyways."
June and Trish smiled at each other proudly.
Chapter 4 by TatianaM
Saturday night rolled around smoothly, Delilah avoided Nick most of the time and he stayed out late with June to give her room. He went out to the store to gather some things that Delilah needed for dinner. When he got back she was in the kitchen with Adele blaring on the stereo. She was sipping a glass of wine while belting the words to 'I Can't Make You Love Me.' He felt his heart tighten a little at the amount of pain that carried in her voice. When she noticed him standing at the door she didn't coward down, instead she looked him straight in the eyes as she sang.

Morning will come

and I'll do what's right,

just give me till then,

to give up this fight,

and I will give up this fight.

On the last note she turned away from him.

A few minutes later her friends arrived, Trish was wearing a red dress and nude pumps, her blonde hair curled and sitting in a messy bun. Jeremy had on a black shirt and black jeans, his blonde hair styled in the messy do. June was wearing a navy blue dress and black pumps, her red hair straight in a pony tail.

Nick walked out wearing a beige sweater with the sleeves rolled up and dark jeans, his hair was styled up.

Max walked in after Jeremy, closing the door behind him. Trish smiled, "Max you remember Delilah don't you?"

He smiled, flashing pearly whites and dimples at Delilah, "Of course, How are you Delilah?" He leaned over to give her a hug, he smelled good. After shave or cologne? She looked at him taking him in. Wow he's changed, how long has it been since I last saw him? 2 years? The wedding? He was so much smaller then, guys get so much better with age. Jeremy was telling them about the mishap in the airport picking him up. Delilah glanced at Max, wearing a dark blue button up shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, untucked and black jeans. He is tall, around 6'2, broad shoulders, chisled jaw with some stuble, green eyes. Not bad. Delilah smirked.

"There is wine on the table being chilled, and beer in the fridge. Make yourselves at home, dinner will be ready in about 15-20 minutes." Delilah walked into the kitchen with June and Trish behind her.

Delilah turned to Trish when she was out of hearing distance from the guys, "When did Max get so attractive?"

Trish laughed, "You see my problem? Lord he looks like Jensen Ackles and its killing me!"

June nodded, "Yea he does! Good God!" She started telling them something she read about Supernatural.

Delilah wasn't paying attention, she turned to look over at the guys. She decided to take this opportunity to really get a look at him, his jeans fit him so well. She traced her way up his back, where his shirt hugged his shoulders, then down his biceps as he had his arms crossed. She then noticed Nick watching her, she met his eyes. He raised his eyebrows and smirked, humor filling his eyes as he caught her checking Max out. Delilah blushed slightly and turned back to the conversation next to her.

During dinner, Nick was telling some story about an event he was at a few months ago.

Max leaned over to Delilah, "You look really nice tonight."

Smiled and looked down at her plum colored dress that sat above her knee, and ran a hand through her hair."Thank you."

He blinked and kept his eyes down taking all of her in, then looked up into her eyes and smiled. She felt stomach start to do flips, excitement rising from the way he was looking at her.

He then turned to everyone after Nick had finished talking, "Well I think I speak for everyone by saying this dinner is amazing. Is this goat cheese?"

Delilah nodded hoping her face wasn't bright red anymore, "Yes it is, one of my favorite ingredients to cook with."

Nick saw the exchange between Max and Delilah, the way they looked at each other. He left her flustered, it was so strange to be in the same room with her again.

After dinner, they had gone through two bottles of wine sitting in the living room talking. Music playing softly in the background. Max is a lawyer in New York now, so he was describing one the big cases he has had. Delilah watched as his jaw moved and tightened with different words. A tipsy June decided it was time to play a game, truth or dare. She giggled, "Let's pretend to be teenagers guys! I would suggest spin the bottle but I don't want to share Nick." She gazed at him, and he smiled. She then turned back, "Oh truth or dare!"

Delilah shook her head but laughed, "I'm down for a few laughs, lets play."

Max raised his eyebrow at Delilah, "Teenagers it is then."

June started first, "Yay! Ok Nick truth or dare."

He was caught off guard, "Um, truth."

She put her finger on her chin as she thought of something, "Have you ever cheated on someone?"

Delilah was taking a sip of her drink, and gasped as she heard the question causing her to start coughing. Everyone looked at her, Nick glared. She laughed, "I'm sorry, went down the wrong pipe. Go on." She cleared her throat avoiding Nick's eyes.

He turned to June and shook his head, "Regardless of what you have read in the tabloids no I have not cheated."

June beamed and clapped. Nick glanced at Delilah who raised her eyebrow and shook her head enough for just him to see.

Trish, who was also tipsy, raised her hand."My turn! Delilah truth or dare."

Delilah knowing her friend too well went with the less dangerous choice, "Truth."

Trish giggled, "How long have you been on a dry spell?"

Delilah's eyes widened, "Wow Trish!"

This time it was Nick's turn to laugh, "Come on Delilah, you picked truth, you have to answer."

Delilah glared at him, then turned her glare to Trish,"Fine. About a year and a half, maybe two."

Trish shook her head, "Damn child, haven't you heard of one-night stands?"

Jeremy laughed as he drank his beer, "Do me! Someone do me!"

Max turned to Delilah and the corner of his mouth curved up, "Dry-spell? We might have to do something about that." He watched her expression change to shock, then he turned to his brother calling out a dare.

Later on that evening, Delilah stepped out on the porch needing some air. Her house was on the water, and this time of the year the evenings were cooler. The wind blew through her hair, she closed her eyes.She heard the sliding door open and close behind her. She was hoping it was Max but was disappointed to see Nick.

"Hi."

She turned back towards the ocean without saying a word.

He continued, "So this has been an interesting night. We've managed to be civilized."

She scoffed, "Yes we have, it has been quite hard."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

She turned to him, "Like you don't know? How about you just lied during that game of truth or dare Nick?"

He rolled his eyes, "How do you think she would have handled knowing that I have cheated?"

She laughed, "Oh she's cheated before, so she wouldn't really care. She probably would freak more if she knew you cheated on me when I was your wife."

Just then they heard a voice at the door,"I'm sorry, what?"
Chapter 5 by TatianaM
June stood at the sliding door looking at Nick and Delilah."Did you just say his wife?"
Delilah's eyes widened at the sound of her friend's voice."June, I-"
June shook her head, "You guys were married? When?"
Nick sighed, "Almost ten years ago."
By this time everyone inside was standing behind June listening. She didn't notice, "Oh my God, why didn't you tell me Delilah?"
"This was a part of my life that almost no one knew about."
June turned and pointed at Trish, "But Trish knew! I can tell because she doesn't look surprised right now."
Delilah glanced at Trish then back at June, "Yes Trish knew."
June was beginning to get furious, "Great so I am the only one who didn't know. Why didn't you tell me when I brought him? That would have been nice to know, I thought we were best friends?"
Delilah tried to talk but June continued, "And YOU...when were you going to tell me you were fucking married to my best friend?"
Nick looked at June, "I was going to tell you but I couldn't find the right moment." He stepped towards her, "June I'm sorry."
June stepped back, "I can't believe you two just lied to me!"
Delilah shook her head also taking a step forward, "No June we never lied."
June shook her head, "Omition is a type of lie Delilah. I'm so incredibly disgusted by both of you." She grabbed her jacket and stormed out of the house. Nick ran after her, "June wait!"
Delilah felt defeated, this was not the way it was suppose to go. Trish put her hand on her shoulder, "She will come around Lilah." She turned to Jeremy and Max who were standing by not knowing what to say. "We should probably go since we drove her here. I'll call you tomorrow." She hugged Delilah and they left.
Shortly after Nick walked back inside shaking his head.
Delilah was putting turning the dishwasher on, "I'm sorry about June."
He scoffed, "No you're not."
She walked back out to the living room, "Excuse me?"
He glared at her, "Cut the crap Delilah! You have wanted this to end the minute I stepped in to your bakery! You can't stand to have me this close, I see it in your face everytime I'm around."
She shook her head, "Thats not true, I have tried to be nice. I'm sorry I can't just push the past away."
He interrupted her, "Why not? Its in the past! We were married for maybe a year! I made the mistake of marrying you so young."
She was taken back by his comment, "You think THAT was your mistake?"
He laughed harshly, "Yes Delilah, marrying young was my mistake that led to the other mistake of me cheating on you. But thats not the point, the point is that it was in the past! Get over it! You have let your anger towards me control you! Control this situation!"
She gasped, "What? I've been over you for a while now!"
He scoffed, "Really, dry spell?"
She glared, "That has nothing to do with you! It has been 9 years since I've thought about you!" She felt the tears creeping up on her.
He turned away and started walking towards the room, "I don't believe that for one second."
She followed him, tears rolling down her cheeks, "You self-centered son of a bitch! I was over you! When our marriage ended I was devastated Nick! I fell into a deep depression, I was on medicine for fuck's sake! I spent a year getting over the fact the love of my life got bored and left me for Paris Hilton!" Her voice growing louder. He turned around to face her, his eyebrows creased in the center, his jaw tight. She continued, "I moved to a small city where you wouldn't go with the guys. I spent the rest of that year avoiding tabloids of you and her! I've spent the past 9 years avoiding you on tv and the radio. I stopped talking to my friends because I couldn't bare the memory of you! I didn't have anyone else other than you and the guys in LA, Nick! But I managed to overcome that, I am happy now. I am so proud of how far I've come after that. I got my degree I started my own business. YES I have had a bit of a dry spell in my love life but not because of YOU, because I've been concentrating on my career. I was fine until you showed back up. YES it did bring back some feelings but I promise you I never wanted to hurt June, I could tell she liked you. GOD how DARE you come in here and just assume that you are still my world? How dare you come in here and try to knock down everything I have worked so hard to overcome?" By now she was spitting out words in between sobs. His face losened up and he tried to talk, she shook her head trying to take deep breaths. "Call Betsy first thing in the morning, I want you gone by the time I get back from the Bakery." She turned away and walked into her room, where she sobbed in the bathroom.
He let out a deep sigh and walked back into the room slamming the door behind him.
Chapter 6 by TatianaM
The next morning on her way to the bakery, Delilah called June, getting her voicemail again. "June its me, we need to talk. Please call me."
She got to the bakery and started getting the inventory count done. Trish showed up after, "I thought I would find you here."
Trish sat down across from Delilah and picked up a clipboard. Delilah looked up at her, her eyes filled to the brim with tears. Trish put the clip board down and hugged her friend. "I'm sorry." Delilah told her what happened with Nick after everyone left, then cried some more.
Three days had gone by since she last spoke to June or Nick. Delilah sat at the counter during their hour of calmness, her hair braided to the side filled with powdered sugar. Max walked in the door, smiling, "Hey there!" He was wearing a button up red plaid shirt and jeans.
She looked up from her phone, where she had checked once more if June had responded to her long apology text. She hadn't." Hey Max! I thought you'd be gone by now!"
He shook his head, "I leave Friday, got some important client meetings Friday and Saturday but I'm hoping to come back after that." Trish watched them from the cash register smiling. He continued, "I was hoping to have dinner with you tonight."
Delilah brushed her bangs back and smiled, "I would love that very much."
Just then a man in a suit walked in with two guys behind him, he was carrying a large paper rolled up. "I'm looking for the owner of the place."
Delilah stood up and walked over to him, " I'm the owner, what can I do for you?"
He looked down at her, "I'm Mark Tennison, I just bought the lot next door, and according to the land reports half of this property is in my lot." Nick walked in the door and stood back listening. Max stood behind Delilah and crossed his arms. Mark didn't pay attention to him as he continued, "I need you to vacat the property, I need all the room I can get for the mall I will be building next door."
Delilah was surprised, "What? No that can't be right. No one mentioned this when I bought the property."
Mark rolled his eyes, "That is irrelevant, this is my property and if you don't want to leave you can pay me rent."
Max spoke up, "How much rent?"
"I would say about $10,000 a month?"
Delilah gasped, "I can't afford that!"
Mark looked uninterested, "That's not my problem, if you don't want to pay you have until the end of the month to relocate."
Nick walked up, "Are you willing to sell her this part of the lot?"
Mark looked over at Nick, "Yes for $100,000 you can keep your side of the building. I am done discussing this matter you have until the end of the month to make a decision." He walked out of the shop leaving Delilah standing there with her mouth open.
"I can't afford, that or his rent." Her bottom lip trembling, threatening to turn into a sob.
Nick ran a hand through his hair, "Delilah I can lend you the money to buy it from him."
She turned and glared at him, "I don't need your help or your pity money."
Nick dropped his shoulders and shook his head as he walked out of the shop.
Delilah turned to the counter were Trish stood with her hand to her mouth. "What am I going to do?"
Max walked over and put his hands on her shoulder, "Don't worry, I will help you. I can look into the deal and get a case against this."
Delilah looked at him, "I can't afford an attorney Max."
He shook his head, "Don't worry about that, I will do it pro bono. Or you could just pay me by going out with me a few times." He smiled. She couldn't hold back a smile either, "Thank you."
He started walking away, "First payment will be collected tonight." He winked as he walked out.
Trish bit the inside of her lip, "Don't you think you were a little harsh on Nick?"
Delilah sighed, "I have managed just fine without him, I don't need him coming in trying to save the day. It willjust make his head bigger."
About an hour later June runs into the bakery, "Delilah, I just heard about that ass hat lawyer next door! I'm so sorry!" She hugged Delilah, who was too surprised to say anything.
She finally composed herself, "June! I am so sorry for not telling you about Nick."
June shook her head waving that away, "Don't worry about that, I'm already over it. I understand why you didn't,I know you were trying to protect my relationship with him."
"So we are ok?"
June nodded, "Of course we are!"
"What about you and Nick? Are y'all going to patch things up?"
June made a face, "Oh no gross, I can't date your ex-husband." She laughed, "I talked to him last night, although we won't date I still enjoy his company and he mine so he is going to stick around and we are just going to hang out." She grabbed a muffin from the case, "So tell me what the plan is to deal with the jack ass next door?"
Delilah told her about Max's plan, and his payment plan.
That evening Max picked Delilah up at her house. He was wearing a white button up, sleeves rolled back, and blue jeans.
She was wearing a blue peplum dress with black pumps. She wore her hair in a low side bun, with side bangs. He smiled when he saw her, "You look great."
She scrunched her nose smiling, "thank you."
He laughed,"That was a cute reaction."
"You said cute. That was cute."
They walked over the the black rental cadillac, he opened the door for her. She adjusted her lipstick in the mirror as he walked around to the driver side.
They decided on sushi so they went to a sushi bar a little outside of town. Once they were at the table, she placed her napkin on her lap and ordered some rose wine. He ordered a beer, "I just can't get over how nice you look."
She laughed, "Stop. It does feel nice to be dressed up, since I work at a bakery I don't get to dress up for work." She thought about the bakery and slumped her shoulders, "Max I can't lose that place. Its my life. There is no where else to relocate to, that is the middle of the city convenient for everyone."
He reached across the table and took her hand, "Delilah you are not going to lose the location or the bakery. I have my assistant in New York looking into the tax records, land surveys, and into the contract Tennison wrote with the city. We will find something I promise."
She ordered a spicy tuna roll and he ordered something called the FireCracker.
Once they had their food, they starting chatting. "So you were married to a Backstreet Boy?"
She covered her full mouth as a laugh escaped, "Yes I was."
He took a sip of his drink, "How is it that no one knew about that? I mean my younger sister was a huge fan, inlove with Nick Carter, I am sure she would have been heart broken to hear he was married."
She laughed as she sipped her wine, "It was all on the down low. I dated him for 2 years before we got married, and the whole time he acted single. Couldn't have the youngest cutest Backstreet Boy taken now could we? As long as he had fake girlfriends no one would notice the wife in the background." She looked down at her lap and she remembered being left behind many times because management didn't want to bring attention to her.
Max noticed,"I'm sorry, that must have sucked? How old were you?"
"We got married when I was 19, divorced by the time I turned 20. He was 25 when we called it quits. I was very young and immature."
He shook his head, "Wow, 5-6 year age difference?"
She tried to smile as she nodded, her lips threatening to give way to her frown, "Yup."
He cleared his throat noticing the awkward silence. He changed the subject, "So I am going back to New York the day after tomorrow but I will be back, next week. Can I ask for a repeat of tonight tomorrow? And when I get back?"
She blushed and ran her hand through her hair, "I would like that very much."
When he dropped her off, he walked her to the door. He stood there as she unlocked it.
She turned to him. "Do you want to come in?" Hoping she didn't sound desparate.
He smiled, "I'd love to but I should probably head back. I had a great time Delilah." She was disappointed for a brief moment, then he leaned down and brushed his lips on hers softly."Goodnight."
She smiled and said goodnight.
Once inside she leaned on the door.  Dammit, I was really hoping for more.  She laughed at herself.  You sound like a tramp Delilah. He is just being a gentleman. "Uuugghh!" She walked into her bedroom and started getting ready for bed.
Chapter 7 by TatianaM
The next day at the bakery Delilah stood at the counter talking about her date to Trish, June, and Nick. She had decided to be civil to him since June was hanging out with him now and he didn't know anyone else in the town. Trish pouted, "So he didn't break your spell?"
Delilah rolled her eyes at her friend but shook her head, "No he didn't Trish."
Nick shook his head, "Tease." Delilah gave him a confused look.
As if on queu Max walked in, "Hey guys." He nodded to the other two girls and Nick. Then turned to Delilah, "Hey there Delilah." He grinned at his pun to the Plain White T's song.
She smiled, even though she had heard that a lot since the song came out, it sounded nice coming from him. She caught Nick's eye roll from the corner of her eye.  Jealous? Ha!
Max bent down and gave her a soft kiss of the lips. She grinned, "Hi."
Today his biceps were trying to escape his light blue t-shirt. He put his arm around her shoulder, "So where do you want to go tonight? I was thinking bowling?"
Delilah thought about it for a bit then nodded, "Yea it's been a while since I've been."
He turned to the others, "Do you guys want to go?"
Delilah shot them all a death stare to turn down the invitation. She knew if they went, she wouldn't be alone with him.
Trish and June shook their heads politely declining. Nick nodded, "That sounds fun." June stomped on his toe, he groaned"But I can't. Thanks."
Delilah smiled quickly before hiding it with a pout, "Oh boo, you guys are no fun."
Max laughed, "Its ok, more alone time is always good. I will pick you up around 7?" She nodded as he leaned down and kissed her forehead before he left.
Nick laughed as he rubbed his foot. "You are still not getting any by the way. No guy takes a girl bowling and then sleeps with her after. So you could have at least let me come along and enjoy a funfilled night of bowling."
June smacked Nick with the back of her hand to shut him up.
He laughed as he got up and headed out. June got up to leave with him, "Don't listen to him, you keep your head up! And shave those legs anyway!" Nick laughed hard at that as they walked out the door.
Delilah turned to Trish shaking her head, "It is so weird joking about this with him."
Trish laughed as she turned to the customer at the counter."I was goung to ask you if it felt weird!"
As much as Delilah hated it, Nick was right. That night after bowling, Max walked her to the door, and promply left. Once again leaving her hot and bothered, but this time longer as he wouldn't be back until next Tuesday
Friday night there was a storm alert. Living on the coast meant the weather was unstable. Sometimes it rained for days leaving everyone under house arrest for a week or so. The broadcast said this storm would last the weekend. It was to have hurricane force winds and hail. Delilah sat on her back porch watching the lightening form off the coast. She could smell the rain was coming, and the wind was picking up. Dobby was running around in the grass next to her house chasing something. She looked over to the right and saw someone running on the beach. He waved and she instantly recognized him. Nick. She waved back and he ran to her porch. "Hey" He was shirtless wearing basketball shorts.
She stood up as he approached,"What are you doing?"
He threw his shirt over his shoulder "Needed to clear my mind so I went for a run didn't realize how much I had actually ran until I saw you standing outside." Just then thunder sounded loudly and the wind picked up a bit more. He turned towards the ocean,"Looks like a bad storm."
She laughed,"Yea didn't June warn you? We get bad storms out here around the fall. They leave us under house arrest at times. This one will probably lock us in all weekend, you should probably head back."
He looked surprised,"Shit I'm pretty sure I'm about 30 minutes away from the B&B! Can I use your bathroom real quick though?" 
She nodded as she walked in side,"Want something to drink you look hot." He smirked. She rolled her eyes,"I mean you're all sweaty."
"And hot." He laughed as he ran into the bathroom.
The thunder went off louder this time, followed by the hard rain, the storm was here. She watched it come down hard as he ran out of the bathroom. He cursed under his breath as he realized he wasn't going to be able to leave. She leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed over her chest. "Guess you're staying here." She looked around and frowned, "Where's Dobby?"
Nick followed her gaze,"Who?"
She looked in the kitchen, "Dobby my dog." She ran to the sliding door and opened it. In the distance she could hear barking. She ran out side "Dobby!" The rain pounded against her and wind pushed her around. Nick ran after her also yelling for the dog. Once more they heard barking making them both look around. Finally Nick pointed back at the house where Dobby was barking from the guest bedroom window. They ran back inside now soaking wet. He shut the sliding door behind them. She opened the guest bedroom door letting the dog out, "Dobby you stupid dog you scared me!" 
Nick laughed as he ran his hand through his wet hair. "He must have ran in there after me when I went to the bathroom. Didn't see him when I ran out. I seriously thought we were going to have to go search the whole beach for your dog, in that." He pointed outside.
She smiled up at him,"I would have too. This is my baby!" She noticed they were both dripping all over the hardwood floor. "We should probably go dry off." She walked into the guest bedroom to the dresser and handed Nick a towel with a pile of clothes,"You left these when you were staying here. I washed them for you." He took the clothes from her,"Nice, thank you."
She smiled and headed out to her bathroom.
After her shower she walked to the kitchen grabbed a oil lantern from under the sink, a lighter, a bottle of wine, her glass, and then headed to the nook In front of her bay window. She wore her bedtime shorts and an oversized t-shirt that fell off her shoulder. She had towel dried her hair and left if down. She covered her legs with a blanket, and started reading her book. Shortly after Nick came out wearing his grey pajama pants and a black tank top. She never noticed all the tattoos on his arms. 
"There's White Zinfandel right here, beer, red wine in the fridge, and whiskey in the cabinet. Help yourself it's gonna be a long night."
He stopped and thought for a moment about what he wanted to drink. He finally settled for whiskey, he grabbed a glass and some ice, and brought the whole bottle over to the nook next to her. She sat with her knees bent and the book resting on the top.
"What are you reading?"
Before she could answer thunder clapped and the lights went out. She laughed and closed her book,"I was reading Divergent." She put the book down and and grabbed the lantern. She turned it on and set it on the table next to the nook.
He smiled,"Wow you thought of everything."
She nodded,"This isn't my first rodeo Nick."
He sipped his drink and leaned his head back."I'm sorry about the other night Delilah. What I said the other night, I didn't mean it."
She poured herself another glass "I'll forget it if you do." She raised her glass to him and he touched hers.
"So how've you been? What have you been up?"
She sit back keeping her knees up,"After us, I went back home to community college, then my grandpa passed and left me a hefty inheritance. Enough to allow me to leave Houston and study elsewhere. I needed to get out of the big cities, where you and the guys visited, so I chose North Carolina. I know it sounds silly that I based where I lived on where you wouldn't go, but I was woudned and you were everywhere. After I got my Bachelors in Management, I moved out here with Trish and June and started my business."
"You did an amazing job by the way. The shop is great."
She smiled and drank,"What about you? When did you get so fit? You look great."
He smiled bashfully,"I actually had to change my ways after I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy." Her eyes widened as he continued,"Basically the doctor told me that I needed to lose weight, eat healthy, and stop partying so hard or else I would die. I decided I didn't want to die so I got fit. I've never felt better about myself as I do now."
She leaned forward on her knees, leaning her head on her hand,"Well I'm glad you did."
About two hours and a bottle and a half of wine later Nick and Delilah had lost their filters. He laughed,"So tell me about this dry spell, why is it happening? You are a hot woman, you can have a man."
She blushed,"I've just been so busy these past four years that I haven't had time."
Nick spit out the liquid in his mouth,"Four? You said two!"
She covered her mouth quickly eyes wide, "No one knows it's actually four so you can't say anything!"
He pretended to yell it out and she covered his mouth with her hand,"sh sh sh sh" She laughed "And besides who, who said I need a man? I don't need a man when I have Cavill to take care of me."
His eyes widened, "Cavill? Like Superman? You named your vibrator after Superman?"
She laughed nodding,"Fuck yea I did that man is icredibly gorgeous. I would do so many things to him."
"Alright, calm down Delilah." He pretended to fan her with his hand to cool her off. "But for real there is no way you've been truly satisfied by just a vibrator for the past four years."
She nodded very matter of fact like "He gets me, no nonsense of him finishing first or not finding my spot! A man can't do that the first time every time!"
He shook his head "No but a vibrator can't foreplay. You have to lube it, nothing like the touch of a man to get the natural lube going."
She was about to say something in return but he stopped her but holding up one finger. He then took her glass and his glass and put them on the table. Then he straightened her legs out over his lap scooting closer to her under the blanket. She watched him,looking into his eyes. His pupils were dilated. He pushed her hair to the left side of her neck leaving the right side bare. "A vibrator can't do this." He brushed his lips along her neck, sending chills down her arms. "Or this" he said softly as he traveled down her collar bone with his mouth. He brought his left hand up sliding it up the side of her face cupping it, tilting her had back gently as he traveled up her neck and along her jaw line. He finally brought his mouth towards her "Or this." As he pressed hard on her mouth. With his hand still on her face, he pressed his thumb down slightly on her lower lip asking her to open her mouth. Once she did he slipped his tongue in sending a strong sensation down. Her body reacted pushing towards him. He took his right hand under her bottom and lifted her onto him straddling him. He brought that hand up her back under her shirt and unhooked he bra. She took her shirt off, and dropped the bra on the floor behind her. He kissed her collar bone again then the top of her breast. He then placed it in his mouth. She moaned and ran her hands through his hair. She pressed herself down on to him making him moan. She lifted his face toward hers and put her forehead on his a little out of breath, "Four years Nick." A low laugh escaped his lips as he reached down and picked her up with one hand. He knocked the blanket on the floor and laid her down. He removed her shorts and panties then removed his own and leaned over her. He held himself up with his elbows as he leaned down to kiss her. He slipped his tongue in her mouth as he slowly entered. The anticipation of feeling him again caused Delilah's hips to push up into him, causing a moan to escape both of their mouths. They found a rhythm together and reached their climax at the same time. Breathing heavy he looked down at her and moved her sweaty hair out of her face. She looked up at him,"You were right."
He leaned down and kissed her,"hmm?"
"A vibrator can't do any of that."
He laughed while still inside her causing them both to squirm. He pulled out and reached for the blanket covering them up from the waist down. He laid next to her in the nook and she placed her head on his chest, letting herself slip away while listening to his heart beat under her.
Chapter 8 by TatianaM
The sound of thunder woke her. She looked around and noticed she was in her bed. She turned over and noticed Nick was also in the bed. She blushed as she remembered the night before. Thinking about it made her ache in a good way. She looked under the covers and noticed she was still naked, and so was he. "Like what you see?" She quickly put the sheet down and looked up at him. He was smiling with his eyes still closed. She blushed, "I wasn't admiring." He laughed and turned towards leaning on his elbow."Good morning." She smiled, "Morning. Rain is still pretty hard out there, you might not be able to leave today." He leaned in to her and kissed her, "Oh darn." She looked around and noticed the power was still out."I'm going to shower. I'll be back." He fell backwards and put his hands behind his head and nodded, watching her grab her robe and put it on. She then dug in one of her dresser drawers for a lighter. "Power is still out so I will have to turn my candles on." She smiled as she walked into the bathroom. She leaned against the door and closed her eyes. What are you doing? How did that happen? Maybe it can just be a one time thing. You aren't exclusive with Max anyway so its not cheating. One time thing, no worries. Okay Maybe one weekend thing. She giggled silently as she stepped into the shower. When she came out she put on another large t-shirt and shorts. She blow dried her hair a bit to get all the excess water out, and applied a little blush and lip gloss. She walked out of the bathroom and noticed that he was gone, so she made her way to the kitchen where was at the stove. "You have a gas stove!" She laughed and nodded, "You almost have to out here, the water heater is gas too. The refrigerator has a back up generator." He raised his eyesbrows impressed, "No shit?" She walked over to the counter and sat on the stool, "What are you making?" He smiled and turned around to show her the skillet, "Banana Pancakes." She gasped, "You remembered!" They sat at the table eating breakfast, the rain still pouring outside. Dobby laying at her feet. Nick glanced down at the dog, "Dobby huh? Like from Harry Potter?" She smiled down at her dog and nodded, "Yes, he gets extremely happy if I give him a sock." Nick laughed, "You are such a nerd." She raised her eyebrow,"really? I heard you play WoW." He laughed again, "You know what WoW stands for? We can both be nerds then." She laughed, "Alright then, I can agree on that." He cleared his throat, "I never got bored of you." She looked at him confused, so he explained."What you said the other night, that I got bored of you and left. I was never bored of YOU." Her heart started racing, she shook her head, "Nick we don't have to-" He cut her off as he put his fork down, "No but we do have to." He moved his chair closer to her and grabbed her hand, "I need you to understand that it was not about you. I fell into the wrong crowd with her. She made me crave that lifestyle, made the one I was living seem boring. She showed me that I could lose control, and I liked not having control. I enjoyed being able to just let go and forget the stress and pressure of fame." She looked into his eyes, she could feel tears welling up and spilling over. All these years she thought she was the reason he left. He wiped a tear with his thumb from her cheek. "Lilah I don't regret anything in my past because it helped me learn and grow. But I do regret the way it ended? I just really needed you to know that okay?" She nodded but didn't say anything. They continued eating in silence. She kept going over and over his words in her head. "Nick, what happened last night, I don't know if it could be anything else." He looked up at her and smiled,"I didn't tell you all that because I thought we were getting back together. While I enjoyed last night, I know you are seeing Max. Although I know how you feel about cheating." He smiled playfully. She looked up, "That was cheating we aren't exclusive yet." He laughed and held his hands up in defense, "Okay okay." She looked down embarrassed."Sorry, I just really hope this isn't cheating. I'd still like to keep between us." He nodded standing up to clear the table. The thunder rumbled through the house, "So what would you like to do today?" She bit her lip as she thought, slightly blushing from not what but who she'd like to do today. He didn't notice because of the dark. Before she could answer, his phone rang and he stepped away to answer it. She sighed as she walked over to the nook, smiling as she picked up the empty bottle of wine and glasses. After washing those dishes and the ones from breakfast, she went back to the nook and picked up her book. Nick came back in after a while and smiled,"Oooh Deja Vu." She looked up from her book and smiled shaking her head. He picked up an acoustic guitar from the corner of the room, "Do you play?" She nodded, setting her book down and crossing her legs indian style. He sat down next to her and started strumming the guitar. It took a bit for Delilah to notice the song was Plain White T's Rhythm of Love. My head is stuck in the clouds
She begs me to come down
Says "Boy quit foolin' around"
I told her "I love the view from up here
Warm sun and wind in my ear
We'll watch the world from above
As it turns to the rhythm of love"
We may only have tonight
But till the morning sun you're mine all mine
Play the Music low and sway to the rhythm of love My heart beats like a drum
A guitar string to the strum
A beautiful song to be sung
She's got blue eyes deep like the sea
That roll back when she's laughing at me
She rises up like the tide
The moment her lips meet mine
We may only have tonight
But till the morning sun you're mine all mine
Play the Music low and sway to the rhythm of love She smiled at one of the verses, catching on to what he was getting at with singing this song. He handed her the guitar, "Play something for me please?" She took it from him and started plucking the chords as he watched. She licked her lips and started singing along. He raised an eyebrow, and the corner of his mouth curved up in a smile. Are you really here or am I dreaming I can’t tell dreams from truth for it’s been so long since I have seen you I can hardly remember your face anymore When I get really lonely and the distance causes our silence I think of you smiling with pride in your eyes a lover that sighs If you want me satisfy me, if you want me satisfy me If you want me satisfy me, if you want me satisfy me He stopped her after the chorus, and took the guitar from her setting it on the floor. She looked down at it then back up at him, the look on his face was intense, but she could see the desire in his eyes. His pupils were dilated once more as they looked at her. He cupped her face as he brought her to him. He kissed her once softly and pulled back a little testing the water. When she didn't back away he moved in again kissing her a bit harder. He picked her up straddling him and took them to the bedroom, laying her down on the bed. He slipped her shorts and panties off and ran his hands down her stomach to her legs spreading her thighs open. He kneeled down between them and kissed her stomach along her rib cage making her squirm. He moved his way down in between her thighs, he kissed one side then moved across her hip to the other. Then he put his mouth on her. She moaned as she brought her hands down into his hair. She pulled him up to her face and kissed him, pushing her hips up to meet his. He pulled back and smiled looking down at her "I can take my time this time, since your spell has been broken and all." She looked up at him and smiled. She tugged on his shirt pulling it up over his chest. She then sat up and kissed his chest. She ran her tongue over his chest causing him to throw his head back. She took the opportunity to run her tongue up the vein on the side of his neck. He sat back against the headboard as she crawled up on top of him. She kissed his ear, softly sucking on the lobe. He had removed his pants by now and she kneeled directly above him. She lowered herself a little bit kissing his neck moving along his jaw line.she would let just the tip in, and when he would lift up to meet her she walk lift up as well. A low laugh escaped deep in his throat. She positioned herself over his again and brought her mouth to his. She cupped his face in her hands and kissed him slowly bringing herself down. He brought his hands up to his hips as she controlled the rhythm for them. He kissed her neck then down her chest, her breast were in his face as she sat on him. He brought one into his mouth and sucked. She threw her head back and moaned as he licked her. Together they reached again, breathing heavy. They buried themselves under the covers and laid down.
Chapter 9 by TatianaM
They layed in bed together tangled in the sheets. She laughed, "It's funny that I can sit here, completely comfortable with myself naked. Before I would be racing to throw some clothes on afterwards." He moved a strand of hair out of her face, and brushed his hand down her jaw. They spent the rest of that day talking, and falling asleep to the sound of rain. The power had come back as the rain slowed down.
That evening the rain cleared up. He looked out, "It stopped raining, I should head out soon."
She shook her head, "I'll take you in the morning on my way to the shop. Its probably still semi flooded."
"You just want me to stay one more night." He teased.
She laughed and shrugged, "Or I am concerned for your safety."
He pretended to get out of bed, "Oh then I'll just go back to the guest bedroom."
She gasped, "Noooo stay watch a movie with me." They popped in a movie but shortly after they both passed out.
The next day around noon, they gathered his stuff getting ready to leave. He took a deep breath at the door, "Is it bad that I don't want to step back out into the real world?"
She laughed and shook her head, "Yea its a little bad." She smiled, not admitting that she was a little sad too.
When they opened the door June stood there about to knock."Hey!"
She then noticed Nick wide-eyed,"What's he doing here?"
Without missing a beat, Delilah walked passed her, "Someone didn't warn Nick about the storms we get out here so he went for a run. Got caught. Here."
She smirked as June realized it was her fault."OH I am so sorry you guys." She laughed, "That must have been the worst!"
Delilah rolled her eyes, "THE worst. Anyway, what are you doing here?"
"I was bored out of my mind, the minute I saw the roads were clear I had to get out! You were the first person I thought of since SOMEONE didn't answer his phone."
He held his phone up, "Phone died, no power or charger."
June rolled her eyes, "I was hoping we could do something grab lunch or something. Are you headed to the bakery?"
Delilah nodded, "Yea I was going to drop him off then head over there. I have a few new ideas for treats. If y'all come by tomorrow after the morning rush y'all can be my taste testers."
June nodded,"Ok, well if you want I'll take Nick back."
Delilah locked the door and turned around, "Great! Thank you."
Nick faked being offended, "Ouch Delilah." Then he laughed as he started getting in June's car, "Thanks for keeping me company" He winked at her.
The next day she walked out of the back of the bakery holding a tray with 4 plates. Trish was on the same side of the counter as her, while June, Nick and Mrs. Pinkerton were on the stools on the other side. "Okay so this is something I saw on tv, I made a few calls to other bakeries to get some help. its called a cronut." Nick was nodding, recognizing it from other places. June and Trish stared at the pastery. So Delilah continued, "It's a donut made out of croissant, filled with different flavors, sprinkled with powder sugar." She laughed as she looked up at her friends who were practically drooling. She started from right to left, pointing at the treats, "This is strawberry, blueberry, cream cheese, and coconut."
June clapped her hands, "Get on with it then!"
She cut the pieces and let them try a bite of each. She smiled as she watched them all enjoy. Loud "mmms", and "ooohh", escaping their mouths, some of their noises a little too close to sexual noises. The other customer's turned to look at them curiously. Delilah blushed slightly, "You guys shhh keep it down!"
Mrs. Pinkerton nodded, "Ooh hunny you have talent! You will make a very great wife someday! That poor man will be so fat!"
Delilah laughed, "Thank you Mrs. Pinkerton."
Nick nodded, "Yea Delilah, this is great. And I agree with Mrs. Pinkerton's comment." He smiled at her, she blushed and looked away.
June put another piece in her mouth. "When are you putting them on the shelf?"
Before she could anwer Max walked in. Trish smiled, "Your boyfriend is here."
Nick and June turned around to see. Delilah blushed,"He's not my boyfriend."
She thought she said it low enough but Max laughed, "I'm not?"
Delilah covered her face, "I didn't mean for you to hear that. Um I don't know are you? I didn't want to pressure you into labels, they are so silly we aren't in high school anymore." Before she could finish he laughed and pulled her in for a hug. She hugged him back smiling into his chest, like a school girl. She leaned her head back to look at him, he looked down at her, his smile crinkling his eyes, "Glad you're back."
He kissed her softly, "I am too."
Nick cleared his throat, cuasing them to step back. June giggled, "Max, you should try these! They are amazing!"
Delilah walked back to the counter avoiding Nick's stare. She brushed some powedered sugar from her apron.
Max followed her to the counter and reached over for a fork, "Are these cronuts?" Put a piece in his mouth letting out a "mmm". Trish smiled at Delilah as they both blushed because of his moan. He didn't notice, "Delilah you are a genius! There is one shop that sells these in New York and there is always a line that is like a mile long."
Delilah nodded, "Yes I know I called them when I got stuck with the recipe! They were very nice and walked me through it. I hope to make them popular here, if I keep my bakery."
Max nodded, "You will! I have put in a request to extend the eviction by a month, I think I found something but I don't want to jinx it yet by talking about it."
A hint of hope rose in Delilah as she listened to Max.
He sat on the stool infront of her, "I was hoping to have dinner with you tonight?"
Mrs. Pinkerton raised her eyebrows, "Oooh the thirda date! You know what that means."
Everyone had forgotten the old lady was there, and that she loved her gossip. Delilah blushed once more as she looked down at her hands. Max laughed kindly with Mrs. Pinkerton. Trish gasped, "Mrs. Pinkerton!" June and Nick snickered.
Max continued, "Uh, I was hoping to make dinner instead, at your place?"
Delilah nodded, "That would be lovely. I close up here around 7 which may be a bit late, if you want to get started earlier you can just head to my house and let yourself in."
He got up, "Sounds like a plan, see you tonight. Bye guys."
Once he was out of the shop, Mrs. Pinkerton laughed, "Ooh Delilah you lucky gal!"
Trish laughed, "Mrs. Pinkerton, you are highly inappropriate!"
Delilah shook her head at her favorite customer, "You are lucky I love you!"
Nick changed the subject, "Have you ever thought of doing an acoustic night?"
Delilah rung up the customer at the cash register, "What do you mean?"
He looked around the shop, "We could set up that corner with a small stage and have an acoustic/open mic night. Stay open until about 9, sell lattes and hot chocolates, maybe some croissants and play music. Think it could be a hit?"
June's fave lit up, "Oh Delilah that sounds like so much fun! We should try it this Thursday!"
Delilah thought about it for a while, "I've never considered it. It does sound like fun, I just don't think I have time to set it up. And I don't know that Thursdays are good, I don't want to miss the Thursday night football games." Trish and June rolled their eyes at her, she shook her head, "I'm sorry y'all don't appreciate my love for football but I'm not missing those games!"
Nick laughed, "I like the way you think. How about Wednesdays?"
Delilah looked over at him, "Thank you Nick. Wednesdays sound good, but I still can't set it up."
Nick shook head, "Don't worry about it, I will take care of setting it up." He clapped his hands excitedly as he walked out of the shop. Delilah watched him go, and shook her head hoping this wasn't too overwhelming for the store.
Chapter 10 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
So sorry my laptop broke! Writing on my iPad, should have it fixed this week
That evening when she walked in to her house, she could smell the food.  He had a Pandora station with Frank Sinatra playing in the speaker system. She smiled as she walked over to the counter, "Hi."
He looked up and smiled, "Hi. Hungry?"
She nodded as she looked over at the chicken on the stove, "mmm yes, I am just going to run and shower real quick!"
She showered, threw her hair up in a clip. Did her make-up simple, and threw on a black knee length skirt and a mint bow back shirt, with Black wedges. She walked back outside and the music had changed to now a John Mayer station. She smiled as she sat on the stool at the counter facing him. He poured her a glass of wine and smiled. She smiled back, "Thank you. Is there anything I can do to help?"
He shook his head as he sipped his wine,"Nope I'm almost done, just finishing the white wine sauce. I didn't get dessert though, it slipped my mind."
She smiled, "I can make something real quick after dinner. How about a chocolate cake?"
Max laughed, "The perks of dating a baker."
During dinner they discussed his plans to be partner at the law firm. Max was in the running for partner, along with another big lawyer with close to the same win record as he has.
His next question threw her off, "Is it weird being around Nick? Since he's with June he's around a lot."
Delilah thought about it, "Not really. In a way he's not the same person, and neither am I. A lot has changed in 10 years, HE has changed a lot in 10 years. He has a different lifestyle, different personality. He's not the same 24 year old ass that cheated on me." She laughed a bit during that last sentence.
He looked at her, "But you still resent him for it?"
Her eyes widened a bit, "I don't. Well maybe a little. We talked about it this past weekend, so I shouldn't." She laughed nervously, this conversation was making her uncomfortable.
He noticed, "So what do we have in store for dessert?"
She smiled, appreciating the change of subject, "I was hoping to make a chocolate cake."
"From scratch?"
She faked offense, "Max! Of coure from scratch! I don't use box mixes."
He laughed as he started clearing the dishes and taking them to the kitchen."Sorry, did not mean to offend!"
She laughed as she followed him to start prepping the dish washer. "You should be that was really rude."
He stopped her from entering the kitchen, "Sit down I will prep the dish washer, then you can work on dessert. Here have another glass."
She smiled and glared at him, "Don't try to mask your offensive mistake with booze and kindness." He laughed again and shook his head as he continued clearing the table. She just watched in slighty fuzzy admiration.
Once he was done, she moved in to work on the cake. He stood by, switching to beer now."What made you want to bake?'
She mixed the batter, "Uh I don't really know. I liked pastries and I would help mom out with the cookies and stuff. Then I started dating Nick, and never really got to make cookies, or cook since we were on tour. After we split up I decided I needed something to keep my mind occupied so I started messing with baking. Then I found that I really really enjoyed it. Making different flavors, and decorating cupcakes." When she finished pouring the cake mix into the pan and setting it in the oven. She turned to Max with a spoon covered in chocolate batter, "Want some?"
He laughed and shook his head, "No thank you."
She shrugged as she put the spoon in her mouth, "Suit yourself."
He then moved closer to her, "You know I think I do want some."
She could feel some batter on the corner of her mouth and she went to wipe it but he stopped her. She looked up at him confused, as he leaned down and kissed that part of her mouth where the chocolate was. He pulled back and smiled, "That is really good." She laughed as she watched him put his finger in the bowl, then running a line down the side of her neck. She closed her eyes at his touch, then felt him move in closer to lick it off. She started breathing a bit heavier.
Then he brought his hand up to her neck and his mouth to hers kissing her a bit harder. She pulled back and smiled up at him, Holding on to the front of his shirt as she walked to the bedroom. Once in the room she reached down and pulled his shirt up insisting he removed it. She removed hers too and dropped it on the floor. He kissed her while his hands moved up her back, then he reached into his pocket for a condom. She helped him unwrap it and put it on then she pushed him on the bed. The corner of his mouth curved up into a devilish smile that filled her with lust. She climbed on top of him and lowered herself on to him. Finding a semi fast rhythm going one right after the other. 
Breathlessly she rolled off of him and laid on her back. Max turned and looked at her, "Wow...just wow." He chuckled as he got up and threw his pants and under shirt on. 
She sighed as she also got up and put some yoga shorts on, then grabbed the black sweater he was wearing and put it on. When he turned to her he smiled, "I like the way that looks on you."
She smiled as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. H brushed her hair out of her face and kissed here. Just then the timer on the oven went off, so she ran off to take the cake out. He ran a hand through his hair,"I should probably head out."
She put the cake in the fridge then turned around,"Unless you want to stay." She smiled coyly.
He let out a soft growl in his throat, which caused her stomach to do flips. She walked over to him and tugged on his white shirt bringing him down for a hard kiss. She ran her fingers through his hair and pulled gently, biting his lower lip softly. 
He backed up breathless, closed his eyes leaning on her forehead and whispered,"I only brought one condom."'
Delilah was surprised, then her lips curled up and she whispered into his mouth,"I'm on birth control." He moaned as he picked her up and kissed her taking her back into the bedroom.
 
Chapter 11 by TatianaM
The next day at the bakery, Delilah sat at the counter attending to customers when there was a loud drilling noise. She ran out and saw the construction being started next door. Tennison was directing the men working. He noticed her and walked over,"Good morning Delilah, glorious day! Construction is starting and in 2 weeks on his side."
Max had arrived and was standing behind,"Not necessarily Tennison, I just put in a petition to extend the time Delilah has to allow me to stop this."
Tennison's grin disappeared but quickly came back,"Alright then." Win that he turned around and walked away.
Delilah turned to Max confused, "Why didn't you tell me about the extension?"
Max sighed as he leaned back on the wall,"I didn't want to give you false hope. This thing I'm fighting for is very small, and could just be me reaching for straws."
She shook her head and held his hand,"I am just glad you are here."
She walked back into the shop and sighed, "I just got season 2 of American Horror Story, want to come watch it?" Trish nodded, "That sounds good!"
Max raised his eyebrows, "American Horror Story?"
June popped a piece of cupcake in her mouth, "Mmm we should have margaritas!"
Delilah laughed, "That sounds good, I will make chili and y'all come over around 7?"
Max shook his head, "This sounds like a fun night, of watching a creepy ass show?"
Delilah turned to him, "Don't judge."
June pulled her phone out, "I'll tell Nick. He should be back by then, he went in to town to pick stuff up for tomorrow's acoustic night."
That night Delilah stirred the chili, she had Maroon 5 playing in the back ground as she swayed her hips side to side to Payphone. She had already had a glass of wine and half a margarita, so she was relaxed.
Nick walked in wearing a big black jacket, "Geez where did this cold come from?"
Delilah laughed," I know right? It's like Houston all over again! One day it's nice the next day it's snowing! Except it doesn't snow in Houston much." She turned to see that he was alone, which made her stomach flip. He took his jacket off placing it on the back of the high chair at the counter. He was wearing a navy blue V-neck shirt, with jeans, his hair spiked. She turned back to the chili and sipped the rest of her wine.
He walked in to the kitchen,"Need any help?"
She pointed to the wine, "please pour me another glass, I can't step away from the chili." He poured her some and handed it to her, his fingers barely touched hers and she pulled the glass away. She took a long gulp of the drink, he watched and smiled, but didn't say anything.
Max, Trish, and June walked in. Trish looked irritated,"where's the alcohol?"
Delilah turned, with a worried look,"um, the margaritas are there, the wine is here, and there's beer in the fridge. Everything ok Trish." Her friend ignored her as she grabbed the tequila and poured a shot.
Max went to greet Delilah,"she got into a fight with my brother, not a big one but still bummed her out." He turned it Nick, "Hey man how's it going?"
Nick opened his beer,"great! how was your trip? We'll I guess is is your trip since you live in New York."
Max laughed as he grabbed a beer from the fridge, "yea even ough I live over there, that seemed like a trip and this feels like home." He turned and smiled at Delilah who was grinning.
Nick smirked, shaking his head as he brought the beer to his mouth to drink. Delilah watched, not being able to take her focus off of his lips as they part slightly. She catches herself and turns back to the chili. The takes out the bowls pouring sour cream and cheese. Nick leans back over the counter, "Do you need help?"
She nods, "Um yea, if you could grab some spoons and put them in these bowls and crackers in the pantry."
She starts pouring the chili in the bowls, when she turns around and Nick is standing pretty close. She looks up, noticing his eyes matched his shirt. He smirks like he knows what she's thinking, "How about I pass these out?" He takes the bowl from her hand purposely touching her fingers.
She swallowed hard and turned back to the chili bowls.
June went to the closet in the hall and grabbed the large circular pillow and plopping down in the middle with her bowl of chili.
Trish laid across the love seat with her bowl and a margarita on the floor.
Nick sat on the end of the 3 person seat, and Max sat at the other end. When Delilah walked over she cursed in her mind. Ugh what a cliche!
She grabbed her throw cover and sat in between the two guys. June pushed play and they all started the show and ate their chili.
Episode 1 of the second season starts off with Adam Levine. Trish laughed, "Oh Adam Levine is so hot!
Delilah nodded, "The things I would do to that man!"
Max turned to her with his eyebrows raised, "Wow!"
She laughed but before she could answer Nick also laughed, "I know him, he's a bit of a douche. He thinks highly of himself!"
June laughed even harder,"YOU think highly of yourself!"
Delilah turned to him, "Which makes you a douche." She winked and turned back to the show. Everyone laughed, then went back to the show too.
Delilah pulled her blanket over her legs up to her shoulder, then put her hand down next to her. She could feel Nick's hand next to her, about to move it away when she felt him graze the back of her hand with hers. Butterflies flew around in her stomach. She didn't move her hand, so he kept doing it. Shortly after Max sneezed and it startled her, causing her to bring her hands up. Her heart was beating fast, as if he had just caught her. She blessed him and brought her knees up on the couch with her hands gripping the quilt up to her chest. She took a deep breath and put her hand down, this time Nick had moved his hand a little towards her so when it came down it came down on his. She raised it a little considering to put it down or not, finally she slipped her hand up his, leading with her middle finger up his palm. He loosening as she brought her fingers to meet his, slipping them between his. He gave her a soft squeeze then started running the his thumb down the length of hers. She could see him glance down to where their hands were intertwined under the blanket. Guilt struck in her hand, making her move her hand away and keeping it in her lap the rest of the show.
Two episodes in, Trish sat up, "Oh I think I'm going to be sick."
Max leaned over to Delilah, "I should probably take her home. She has been hitting the margaritas pretty hard."
Delilah nodded as everyone started getting up and stretching. June helped Trish, "I'll come home with you and stay. She could need the shoulder." Max nodded as they way to the car, leaning over and giving her a kiss goodbye.
Nick also got up, "I'm just gonna run to the restroom and head out too."
Delilah walked them out the door, watching them get in and pull out. She closed the door and locked it. She could feel him behind her, even though he wasn't touching her yet.
She turned around and looked up into his eyes. He didn't say anything, as she stood on her tip toes. She pulled the front of his shirt towards her. He kissed her, bringing his hands to her waist. She ran her hand up the side of his arm. He picked her up and put her on the counter. She undid his pants and he sat back on the high chair. She slid on to him, keeping her mouth on his the whole time. When they finished, he put her down breathing heavy. Guilt written all over his face, "I...uh..."
She closed her eyes, as he grabbed his jacket and walked out the door.
Chapter 12 by TatianaM
Delilah wore her bluetooth piece in her ear as she rolled the dough at the bakery the next morning. She was on the phone with Andy, "I feel like shit Andy. What do I do now?"
Andy on the other end heading out to work, "Well for starters stop having sex with your ex-husband." He laughed.
She rolled her eyes, "Clearly that is the intention. I don't know what my deal is! Its just lust for him, the minute I see him its like I can't help it!"
"Do you regret it?"
She thought for a moment, "The odd thing is that I don't. I feel bad because of Max, but I enjoy Nick."
"So why don't you dump Max and try Nick out again?"
She shook her head, knowing he can't see her, "I like Max though, I enjoy him too. Besides I don't think I want to be with Nick." She groaned loudly in frustration. "Why did he have to come back?"
Andy was silent on the other end for a bit, "Dee, I wish I could make it better for you, but I can't. I can only say that you will end up hurting yourself and those two guys if you continue the track you are going on. If you like Max then stick to Max and let go of Nick, it isn't fair to either of them."
"I know. Thanks for listening, you are the only person I can confide in that won't judge me. Trish will judge because of Max and June because of Nick." She sighed as she sat on the stool and put her hands on her head. "I wish you were here, you could help me stay on track and away from him."
"Max should help you stay on track and away from him."
He should. Why can't he?"Maybe I just need to stay away from Nick for a while."
He chuckled, "How do you plan on doing that in that small town of yours?"
She shrugged, once more knowing he can't see her. "Touche mister. I better go, it looks like someone is here. I'll call you later."
She looked out the front window at the truck that pulled up outside her door. She noticed him getting out of the car and groaned. Nick was unloading the equipment for the music night as she walked to the front to unlock the door.
He turned at the sound of the door and nodded a greeting to her. He didn't say anything, keeping his head down.
She barely looked at him, "I have to get back to the oven. I will prop the door open and you can work freely in the shop."
She turned to the door, dropping the door stop and headed to the back.
She returned to the kitchen and turned Pandora on her Maroon 5 playlist and continued baking.
After about an hour, Nick walked in to the kitchen and leaned against the frame,"I'm done here."
She didn't turn to look at him, "Ok just close the door behind you it will lock itself."
He stepped towards her, "Delilah I'm sorry about last nigt."
She shook her head, "Don't apologize, it wasn't just you and you didn't even initiate it."
He took another step reach for her hand, she pulled back "I can't do this right now. I like Max, I want to try it with Max."
He stopped walking and looked down, "What about me?"
She shook her head, "I don't know. All I know is that I can't be near you without my stomach doing flips."
He looked at her again, "That has to mean something."
Tears filled her eyes, "Nick being with you ends in heartache for me. It has in the past and its hard to believe that it won't now. I can't do that again, I can't go through that again. I'm sorry, I just need to stay away from you."
NIck's shoulders slumped as he took a step back, "I'm sorry." With that he walked out the door leaving her in the kitchen alone. She sat on the stool and pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. She took a deep breath and got back to work.
Throughout the day she found herself distracted, Trish, luckily, didn't ask any questions, she just picked up her slack. When the rush was over, she sat next to Delilah and looked at her, "You ok?"
Delilah turned to her and nodded forcing a small smile, "Just have a lot on my mind. You know with the bakery in trouble and all." Hoping that was believable, then changing the focus to Trish, "What about you? What happened with Jeremy?"
Trish shook her head, "Oh you know Jeremy and his jealousy thing. He was upset to leave me at home with Max even though he is seeing you. Still causes him to worry since I told him about my dream."
Delilah's eyes widened, "You told him about your dream?"
Trish nodded, "Yea, I don't like keeping things from him. Feels wrong. The base to a good relationship is trust and honesty. He had to know. He didn't take it bad then he just laughed it off, but I guess now its eating at him. He is coming home tomorrow instead of over the weekend."
June walked in with a box of decorations, "I have been spreading the word about tonight all over town and everyone is excited! I think it will be a good turnout!"
Delilah smiled, actually excited about that night's activities, "Do you think we will have many performers?"
June shrugged, "I think there were a few, but at least you have Nick. I just talked to him, he has a few songs already lined up. If no one else shows up to sing, he has TONS of songs to fall back on."
Trish laughed, "I'm surprised he isn't here helping you. He's usually attached at your hip."
Delilah tried to tune out the conversation about him. June bit the inside of her lip, "He sounded kind of weird. I asked him if he wanted to come help me decorate and he was quick about saying no then getting off the phone." Delilah turned away and closed her eyes hoping her friends didn't notice. Her friends continued their conversation behind her.
That evening the bakery was full of a young crowd around Delilah's age. They sat at the tables around the mini stage Nick had set up. There was soft lighting illuminating the corner where the stage was. Nick had brought an acoustic guitar and an electronic keyboard. He stood back by the equipment with his head down while Delilah thanked everyone for coming out to their first Acoustic night. She turned to him, and nodded letting him take the stage. He wore a black thermal shirt and jeans, with a grey scarf loose around his neck. He sat on the stool with his guitar, "I'm real excited to get this going here at Delilah's. I have a few songs for you guys, a few covers, and then anyone that is up for it can come up and show us what you've got." He smiled at the crowd that were now watching him.
Delilah stood back at the counter, attending the new customers with hot chocolate, coffee, and pastries.
Nick started strumming the guitar to Crash Into Me by Dave Mathews Band. Some of the girls in the crowd yelled out "Woo!" He smirked at them as he started singing.
You've got your ball
you've got your chain
tied to me tight tie me up  again
who's got their claws
in you my friend
Into your heart I'll beat  again
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock
and sweet you  roll
Lost for you I'm so lost for you

You come crash into me
And I  come into you
I come into you
In a boys dream
In a boys  dream

Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows  so
I'm bare boned and crazy for you
When you come crash
into me,  baby
And I come into you
In a boys dream
In a boys dream

*At this point all the ladies in the room stared with lust in their eyes at him. He sang with his eyes closed not noticing. June and Trish were smirking, both in a trance too. He looked up at Delilah who was staring at him, with her mouth slightly parted, as memories and sensations of them together ran through her head with every note he sang. When their eyes met she turned away and walked back in to the kitchen.

If I've  gone overboard
Then I'm begging you
to forgive me
in my haste
When I'm holding you so girl
close  to me

Oh and you come crash
into me, baby
And I come into  you
Hike up your skirt a little more
and show the world to me
Hike up  your skirt a little more
and show your world to me
In a boys dream.. In a boys dream

Oh I watch you there
through the window
And I stare at  you
You wear nothing but you
wear it so well
tied up and twisted
the  way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash
into me

im the king  of the castle
your a dirty rascle, crash into me

The crowd clapped loving the vibe he was giving off. He smirked once more at the ladies in the room.
Meanwhile in the kitchen, Max walked in the back where Delilah was, laughing, "Wow he really put on a show out there! I swear every girl wanted to jump his bones!"
Delilah laughed nervously, "Yea, he's had years of practice with that technique." She did feel relieved to have him here,"I'm glad you came. Are you going to take the stage?" She grinned.
He blushed and shook his head, "Uh no, I can't sing to save my life. Jeremy is the musically inclined one." He walked over to her and held her by the waist and kissed her. She smiled up at him, he wore a denim jacket with a gray hoodie under it, with black jeans. Turning back to a tray of cupcakes,dusting flour from her hands. "Gimme a hand here babe, I need to get these out on the counter."
When they walked out Nick had started a new song, equally as sexual.
We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do 
Discover me, discoverin' you
(You're Body is a Wonderland By John Mayer)
Delilah rolled her eyes and groaned, "Oh for fuck's sake." She shook her head as she could practically hear the squeels escape the lips of all the girls.
Chapter 13 by TatianaM
Nick finished his set with Madeline which is a song from the In A World Like This album by The Backstreet Boys. Delilah was impressed by the song writing and the message behind the song. She was glad it was something simple and sweet, to where she wouldn't have to pour cold water on her clients.
A two guys went up after Nick to do 3 songs each, one on the keyboard and one on the acoustic guitar. A girl did a beautiful cover of "Someone Like You" by Kings of Leon on the keyboard.
Delilah was pleased with the turn out and the amount of people willing to perform. She decided to perform one song at the keyboard. Her friends only having heard her sing around the shop looked at her with intrigued glances.
She sat at the keyboard and started the notes to Stay by Rihanna.
All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something,"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer."

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.
Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay
*She continued to play closing her eyes for a moment. Before she started the second verse she heard someone else begin it. She turned to find Nick sitting in the stool next to her singing Mikky's part.

Nick: It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take–it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay.

Both: Ooh, ooh, ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, ooh, ooh, 'cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
*She glanced at him directing these words to him. He looked back at her.
'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay.
I want you to stay, oh.

When they finished he smiled at the crowd's response. She thanked everyone for coming out and promised to do this weekly as long as the good response continued.
June clapped as she walked over to them, "Wow you guys sound great together!"
Delilah smiled, avoiding Nick's glance, "Thanks. I wasn't expecting that one."
Nick shrugged, "Its a duet, I couldn't just let it go sang solo."
She looked at him, "Yea ywell ou should have." She turned away and headed off to start cleaning up the place. After everyone was gone Max sat on the counter as Delilah did some accounting, "What's up with you and Nick?"
Her heart beat fast in her chest, "What do you mean?"
Max crossed his arms, "Well you guys seemed to be doing okay around each other but the tension has been crazy today."
Shit. Shit. Shit. "I don't know what you are talking about."
Max shook his head, "I don't know, it may just be me but I feel like you are lying. Last night y'all were fine, today you can't even look at him. Trish made me think last night, saying that I am very trusting to be ok with you and your ex-husband hanging out so much."
Delilah tried to laugh it off, "Trish was drunk last night."
He interupted her, "That's besides the point Delilah. I don't like you hanging out with him that much."
Delilah started getting defensive, "Excuse me? Are you telling me who to hang out with? We've bene dating for a week chill out." Shit, stop being defensive. That will look like you are guilty! Which you are by the way. Her inner dialogue was interfering with her words. "I'm not just stop hanging out with him just because you don't like it. He's my friend."
Max stood up,, getting a little angrier, "He's your ex-husband too! He practically eye fucked you through the first song. I need to know if I need to be worried because I can't compete with that!"
She felt her cheeks burn as she rememeberd how he looked at her. She shook her head and walked towards Max, "I've been down that road before Max. I'm not in a hurry to go back down it." She slipped her arms around his waist."You have nothing to worry about between me and Nick."
Liar.
The next evening while Delilah and Trish cleaned up the shop, Jeremy, Max and June sat at a table talking. Jeremy excitedly, "We should go out this weekend, in to town."
Max nodded as he sipped his coffee, "We should! We should go bar hoping Friday night, and then club hopping Saturday night. We could share one of those big suites, it will be fun! Don't you think June?"
Delilah and Trish had both stopped what they were doing and looked at June, "Hell yea! You know how much I love to party! I'll tell Nick."
Max looked over at June, "Nick?"
Delilah's eyes widened a bit, but then she collected herself, deciding not to speak was her best option. June raised an eyebrow, "Yea, I'm not going as the 5th wheel with you four. I'm sorry do you have a problem with him?" June looked at Delilah who shrugged and continued working on the counter.
Max forced a laugh, "No, June of course I don't." He then glanced back at Delilah. She could feel him looking at her but kept her head down counting the money.
The following day, Delilah gave Mrs. Pinkerton the keys to her house so she could check up on Dobby while they were gone. "Thank you so much Mrs. Pinkerton! I greatly appreciate it!"
The elder lady smiled, "It is my pleasure, you guys have fun!"
They piled into a rented Dodge Caravan, Jeremy drove with Trish in the passenger seat. Delilah and Max sat in the middle seats, while June and Nick were in the back.
Max turned to Delilah, "So what are you wearing tonight?" He smirked at her, "Hopefully something short."
She turned to him and laughed, "It's going to be like 50 degrees tonight." He laughed too and shook head reaching over and holding her hand. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Nick watching them. When they arrived at the hotel, Max checked them in to their 2 bedroom suite.
June looked around, "Wow this place is gorgeous! Reminds me of one I stayed at in Atlanta with this guy." Everyone look at her and she smiled, "It was just innoncent fun. Anyways I am assuming the couples are taking the bedrooms and we get the couches?"
Max nodded as he headed into one of the bedrooms with Delilah in tow holding his hand, "Yup!"
Chapter 14 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
From this point on, if I have an outfit I really want y'all to picture I will post a picture of it from Pinterest. :)

June's Outfit

 photo june.png

Trish's Outfit

 photo june2.png

Delilah Outfit

 photo lilah.png


That night the girls were getting ready in one of the bathrooms. Jeremy poked his head in, "Are you girls going to be ready any time tonight? Or should we just expect to be able to go out tomorrow night?" He laughed, as Trish threw a towel at him.
"We will be ready in about 30 minutes."
He raised his eyebrows, "Oh? Well we will be down in the lobby bar waiting." He walked back out to the other two guys, "They will be another 30 minutes, lets go get a drink downstairs while we wait."
After straightening, curling, and teasing their hair. The girls were finally ready to head out. They grabbed their coats and headed down to the lobby to find their dates.
June smiled excitedly, "I hope we find a karaoke bar!"
Delilah rolled her eyes, "Why? You won't get up and sing."
"I might...with a little liquid courage! I also enjoy other people's singing!"
Trish smiled, "I would sing with you if you did it."
June grinned smugly, "See not all my friends are buttholes."
Delilah shook her head and laughed as they walked in to the bar. Nick, Max, and Jeremy sat at the bar discussing football. Nick praising the Buccaneers while Max was shaking his head disagreeing. Jeremy was the first to notice the ladies, "Well it's about time! Took you long enough to get ready."
Trish crossed her arms,"Well yea we wanted to look nice."
Nick looked at Delilah, his mouth in a small o, quickly shifting his glance to June before any one noticed, "Well it definetly paid off." He caught Delilah's glance and smiled.
Max walked up to Delilah and put his arm around her waste, "I think on that we can agree on Nick." He leaned down and kissed Delilah, "You look great."
They headed out in a cab to one of the streets that was lined with bars.
As they entered the first bar, they saw sign on the outside that said, "IF YOU CAN MAKE IT TILL THE END, YOU WILL BE BEER MASTER!" June laughed, "Beer master?"
They continued reading, "Tonight will mark the 20th anniversary of this strip. To celebrate we have a game for those willing to play. Drink a beer at each locale and do their mystery activity, collect their token, and move on. If you get 1 token from every bar, you will be beer master and get a $100 VISA gift certificate. Many have tried, few have made it. What will it be future beer master? Or will you sit on the sidelines? The Choice is yours, choose wisely."
Max grinned and turned to the group, "This sounds fun! We should do it!"
Jeremy laughed and raised his hands, "I am down! I will be Beer King!"
Tirshe laughed as she smacked is stomach, "Beer Master!"
Max smirked and turned to Nick, "What about you Nick? Think you can handle it?"
Delilah looked from Nick to Max as he pondered the challenge, "You don't have to Nick, you know with your health and all."
Max chuckled as he put his arm around Delilah's shoulder, "Yea man, you can sit it out, no big deal."
Nick ran his tongue over his teeth, as he shook his head and smirked, "I'm down, this is piece of cake."
Max clapped his hands excitedly, "Alright then!" They headed in to the first bar.
Delilah grabbed Nick's arm, "Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to stoop to their machoism."
"I'll be fine, we probably won't make it down all the bars anyway. I've had a lot of partying in my past, I can handle this. But I like your concern." He lightly touched her chin before heading in to the bar.
They reached the bartender and announced that they would like to do the challenge. June jumped in as well, "I can be a beer master too! Doesn't have to be just the guys." She laughed as she received her first challenge.
One shot of tequila to get things started and the mystery challenge is drink a pint of beer in twenty seconds.
Max shook his head, "Easy!" He passed out the four shots and then raised his to clink with theirs, "Cheers!"
The first few bars were easy challenges, such as say the alphabet backwards, or hit the bullseye on the dart board in three tries. The seventh bar is where the challenges got interseting. Max read the black board above the bar, "Scout out a person of the opposite sex must be a stranger and get their number."
Trish raised her eyebrow at Jeremy, "And you're out. Sorry no way you are going to flirt with some girl to win this stupid challenge."
Delilah laughed, "Come one Trish you can destroy the number after!"
Trish shook her head, "Uh no sorry not gonna happen."
Max brought his hand down on his brother's shoulder, "Sorry man."
Trish gawked, "Delilah! You are going to let him flirt with some hoochie?"
Delilah nodded, "Yup, I will destroy the number after. Plus its for the sake of beer master!"
Max cheered, "YES! that's my girl!" He gave her a sloppy kiss, and went off to find a girl.
Delilah sat back and watched Max, June and Nick head out to find their conquest. After a while she looked over and saw Nick chatting up a tall red head. She twirled her hair in her finger smiling. He leaned on his elbow, showing her his best smile.
Trish tapped her shoulder, "What is with that look?" She then followed her gaze and looked back surprised, "Delilah, you realize you are giving her that stink face!"
As if to feel her stare, he looked up and made eye contact with her. He smiled big when he noticed her face. Delilah blushed and turned to Trish, "I am not!"
"You totally were! If looks could kill that girl would be 6 feet under! You haven't even noticed the knockout that Max is flirting with!"
Delilah spun around and saw him flirting with a blonde, who had her head tilted looking into his eyes. Oddly enough Delilah didn't feel as much rage as she felt for Nick's girl, but she pretended to."Oh hell no she is mighty comfortable with her hand on his arm!" Before she could walk up, the girl wrote down something on a piece of paper and handed it to him. Max smiled and sad his goodbye and walked away. Delilah crossed her arms over her chest, "You ALMOST had to drop out of the game. She was pretty close."
He smiled down at her, "Jealousy suits you well." He kissed her and she smiled slipping her arm around his waist.
Nick walked up with his number on a napkin, "Piece of cake."
June was already standing with the judging bartender when they walked up. They all presented their numbers, he approved and gave them their tokens.
At bar 10, they decided to grab a snack and actually sit for a bit. June was excited to find that this bar's challenge was karaoke. The catch was that you had to draw from a bowl what song you would be performing. June got the case of stage fright and backed out at this point. Max was thrilled when he got We Will Rock You by Queen. He jammed on his air guitar.
Delilah leaned over to Jeremy, "Boy he wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't sing. But I do love his commitment to the game!"
Jeremy laughed, "I don't think its about the game anymore." He nodded towards the bar where Nick was drawing his song. Delilah rolled her eyes as she realized he meant it was now a competition between them two.
Max finished his song and the tone-deaf drunk crowd cheered.
Nick walked up the mic, those who recognized him screamed and cheered. He smiled and the music started. He looked over at Delilah as he started the song.

You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war.
You  and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door.
You and I get  so dysfunctional, we start keeping score.
You and I get sick, yeah, I know  that we can't do this no more.

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making  me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
And now I'm feeling  stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

*Max didn't even notice Nick practically singing the song to Delilah in his drunk state. The crowd sang back up to him and cheered.

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
That I'll only stay  with you one more night
And I know I said it a million times
But I'll only  stay with you one more night

Try to tell you "no" but my body keeps on telling you  "yes".
Try to tell you "stop", but your lipstick got me so out of breath.
I'll be waking up in the morning, probably hating myself.
And I'll be waking up, feeling satisfied but guilty as hell.

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making  me love you. (Making me love you)
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my  head, let it all go. (I let it all go)
Got you stuck on my body, on my  body, like a tattoo. (Like a tattoo, yeah)
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

So I cross my heart and I hope to die (Yeah)
That I'll  only stay with you one more night (Oh)
And I know I said it a million  times (Yeah)
But I'll only stay with you one more night (Yeah)

Yeah, baby, give me one more night
Yeah, baby, give me one  more night (whoa, yeah)
Yeah, baby, give me one more night (oh, yeah,  yeah)

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again making me  love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got  you stuck on my body, on my body like a tattoo.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

So I cross my heart and I hope to die (Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh  oh)
That I'll only stay with you one more night (Oh oh oh oh oh oh)
And  I know I said it a million times (Oh, I said it a million times)
But I'll  only stay with you one more night (Yeah, baby give me one more night)

So I cross my heart and I hope to die (yeah, yeah)
That I'll  only stay with you one more night (yeah, yeah)
And I know I said it a million  times (yeah, yeah)
But I'll only stay with you one more night (yeah,  yeah)







Chapter 15 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
So sorry its taking so long! The Holidays have me super busy!!! I got to see BSB on Wednesday night!!!! Here is a short update will add more tonight or tomorrow!
"Okay June you said you would do it, you can't back out!"

June shook her head as she sipped her drink, "No I can't go up there after Nick fucking Carter!"

Delilah took a shot tequila and slammed the glass down a little harder than she would have liked then stood up. "Come on you are singing background for me." June and Trish both clapped excitedly as they ran up on stage with her.

Maroon 5's Love Somebody starts playing and Delilah smirks at Nick, then focus on Max.


I know your insides are feeling so hollow (Trish and June do the background Oooh)
And its a hard pill for you to swallow
Yeah, but if I fall for you
I'll never recover
If I fall for you
I'll never be the same

(All three girls sing the chorus, dance moves and all)
I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there, but you take me all the way
You take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way
You can take me all the way

Youre such a hard act for me to follow (Ooooh)
Love me today, don't leave me tomorrow
Yeah but if I fall for you
I'll never recover
If I fall for you
I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there, but you take me all the way
You take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there, but you take me all the way
You take me all the way

Whoa whoa whoa oh oh oh
Whoa whoa whoa oh oh oh

I don't know where to start
I'm just a little lost
I want to feel like we're never gonna ever stop
I don't know what to do,
I'm right in front of you
Asking you to stay, won't ya stay, stay with me tonight yeahhh

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there, but you take me all the way
You take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there, but you take me all the way
You take me all the way
Whoa Whoa whoa oh oh oh Whoa whoa
Take me all the way (whoa oh oh oh) Ya, take me all the way (yeah)

The crowd there cheered and the ladies waved as they walked off the stage. Nick and Max both stood clapping as they walked over.
18 bars conquered, Max walks out of the last bar screaming, "I AM BEER MASTER!" with his arms up in the air. Then he turns into a bush and throws up.
"oohhhh"
"Noooo"
"GROSS!"
Delilah turned away covering her mouth, trying not to vomit herself. Nick laughed, "Nice!"
They climbed into a taxi van and headed back to the hotel. Max put his head against the window and closed his eyes. Delilah put her head on his shoulder shaking her head, "No one told you to take on this challenge."
He squeezed his eyes and luaghed, "Shhhh."

The next morning, Delilah woke to someone shaking her gently."Babe. Delilah."
She opened her eyes to see Max dressed with his bag in his hand, "Where are you going?"
He brushed hair out of her face, "I got called in for a case, I have to go. You guys stay as planned, the hotel is taken care of. I will see you Tuesday." He kissed her forehead and headed out.
Shortly after June walked in and plopped down on the bed, "Bed is better than the couch." She passed out.
Delilah sat up not being able to go back to sleep. She showered got dressed and headed down to the lobby for breakfast.
With a cup of coffee and a croissant at her table she watched the people outside. The put her elbow on the table, and her chin in her hand as she watched a young couple holding hands walking by. She smiled, then pulled her book out of her bag and started reading.
After a while she decides to head back up to the room, as she was walking by the rest rooms someone reached out grabbed her arm and pulled her into the Unisex bathroom. Angrily she pulled her arm away then noticed it was Nick, "Nick what the hell? How long have you been waiting there creeper?"
He shook his head putting his hands up to calm her down, "Not long, I saw you coming by and I needed to talk to you in private."
She crossed her arms and shook her head, "Nick I can't."
He interrupted her, "Just listen please." He waited for her to protest, she didn't, so he continued. "I tried to stay away from you. I know it doesn't seem like I did because it was just a few days, but I have tried." He let out a soft laugh as he looked down at his grey hoodie. He stepped forward, making her step back into the wall. She looked up at him as he put his hand next to her head against the wall and brought his face down close to hers. He closed his eyes, forehead almost touching hers. She looked at him this close, his freckles on his nose, the lines on the side of his eyes. He has aged so well.
"Delilah seeing you has impacted me so much. I can't get you out of my mind. Being around you drives me crazy, I just want to hold you in my arms. I know you feel the same way. What happened Tuesday proves that you feel the same way. You are just as confused as I am. I need you tell me right now, if you want me to leave you alone. If you say that you do I will leave you alone. But I know you don't." He brought he body closer to hers, making her take in a breath. "Lilah, tell me what to do. Do you want me to leave you, I will."
She was looking down at his mouth, then she looked up at his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at her. She squeezed her eyes shut. He pushed his lips on hers hard then was out the door, leaving her in that bathroom alone and confused.
Chapter 16 by TatianaM
Delilah sat in the bathroom for just a few minutes longer after Nick walked out. Her mind racing, mainly arguing with herself. Finally deciding that this was not the time nor the place, she walked out and bumped into Trish.
"There you are! We've been looking for you. Where's Max?"
Delilah smiled, "He got called back for some kind of development in a case he is working on. So when he left I got up and came down to breakfast."
June nodded, "I heard him leave, that is when I went in to your room because the couch is too small. Have you seen Nick?"
As if on qeue he came around the corner with a tea, "Hey guys." He grinned at them all. Delilah kept her face down.
Trish put her arm through Jeremy's, hooking elbows, "We were going to walk around downtown and maybe do some window shopping. Want to come?"
Nick nodded, "Yep, beats staying indoors all day."
June smiled up at him, then to Delilah, "Lilah? You coming?"
If you don't they will think something is up. You should probably go. "Yea that sounds fun."
June clapped her hand, then put her arm through Nick's, hooking elbows. He smiled and continued eating his pastry. He looked over at Delilah and extended his other elbow, she smiled politely. "I am just gonna run up and put my book away."
They walked around town, buying a few things here and there. Then went to dinner before heading out to the clubs.
At the second club they were at Delilah was dancing with Trish and Jeremy. She had a few drinks so she was feeling relaxed and happy. Trish leaned over to her, "We're gonna get some drinks."
Delilah nodded and continued dancing with her eyes closed. She felt someone close to her dancing, so she looked over and saw a guy dancing with her. He seemed intoxicated as well, but not too close so she continued dancing. He went to put his hand on her waist and she pulled back, "I'm sorry I'm with someone."
He shook his head and pulled her towards him, "No you're not I've been watching you for a while."
She stopped dancing and tried to pull away, "I am with someone."
He held his grip on her, until he heard a voice behind them, "Hey man, back off."
He let go of her and turned, as she turned as well to see Nick standing there. The guy looked at Nick then at Delilah,"You're here with him?"
Delilah looked at Nick then at the guy and nodded, "Yes."
The guy shook his head, "Dude, I've watched her almost all night she's been dancing alone. Not much of an outing together, for this pretty girl. If don't keep close to her I'm going to have to step in and show her a good time." He shook his head again and walked off.
Delilah, a little surprised let out a laugh, "Alright then."
Nick laughed too, running his hand through his hair. "That was interesting. You ok?"
She nodded, "Yea he's just had a little too much. Thanks for that." She ran her hand through her hair too, "Since he's watching we might as well dance." She smiled as Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5 came on.
A girl with a tray sampling some kind ofliquor walked by. Nick grabbed two, handing one to Delilah. She smirked as she drank the shot and put it back on the tray. Nick tipped the girl then turned to Delilah. She had her back to him dancing with the music. He placed a hand on her hip, she leaned back into him going with rhythm.
June walked up to Trish with another drink, she shouted over the music, "Have you seen Nick?"
Trish squinted as she looked through the crowd, her eyes widened when she found him. "He's over there with Delilah."
June turned and saw them dance. Her back was to him and his hand was on her waist. After a few songs they walked up to them.
Delilah was tugging on his shirt, once they were closer to them she let go and stood next to her friends. "You won't believe the creeper that was dancing with me earlier! He got all handsy and wouldn't back off until Nick walked up and saved me."
Nick laughed and drank from the glass infront of him, "Creeper? Nice."
Delilah shook her head, "So since we told him we were together we figured we'd dance so he wouldn't come bother me." She took a sip from her glass, "He's my date now." She giggled.
June crossed her arms, "Wow really? Way to cockblock, Delilah."
"Excuse me? I wasn't aware I was cock blocking. Didn't know you came here with intentions of hooking up, Nick. I wouldn't have gone along with it if I knew."
Confused he shook his head slowly, shrugging. Trish and Jeremy just looked at the three of them. June groaned, "Not him, ME." She turned around and left angrily.
Delilah's mouth dropped slightly surprised, "June."
Nick put his arm out, "Let me go."
He followed June out into the alley, "June, what was that?"
She leaned on the brick, "You dumped me for her!"
He shook his head, "I am so sorry I didn't think we were here together. I thought we were all here freely."
She crossed her arms, trying to stay balanced, "I didn't bring you here to dance on her. You are my date." She pouted and then pinched the front of his shirt and pulled him towards her, "I was hoping to rekindle what we had a few weeks ago, at least for tonight." She stood on her tip toes to try to kiss him, but he pulled back.
"June, you're drunk. You don't want to go down that road, you said so yourself when you found out about us." He put his hands on her shoulders and softly pushed her back,"Besides, even if you wanted to. I don't think I can anymore."
She crossed her arms, "Because of Delilah?"
He hesitated, hoping the answer wasn't clear on his face, "No June. Because of you, we are friends. We have developed a better relationship than that, can't mess it up with a drunken night."
She groaned, "Ugh fine I will find someone else for the night."
He laughed and shook his head, "I don't think so kiddo. Come on lets go back in and dance."
They left that club and moved on to the enxt few. Escaping the creeper, Delilah was able to let Nick dance with June, who seemed to still be a tad bitter towards Delilah but not with Nick. She let it go, knowing it was just the alcohol acting out, and enjoyed her weekend out.

Monday around 2PM Delilah and Trish were at the counter attending to people. Nick walked in with a surprise for Delilah.
"Wow Nick, how did you find this town? It is so homey."
Nick smiled at his friends,"I met a girl in LA, and she invited me home."
"I could really see myself living out here. Ooo cupcakes!"
Nick laughed again, "Yes, but that's not why we came." The four guys looked at Nick confused, as he nodded towards the counter.
Delilah was handing the customer his changed, "Thank you and have a wonderful day Mr. Benson." She looked at up the door and saw them there, all five of them. Her heart jumped into her throat as she saw the 4 guys that welcomed her as a little sister 10 years ago. They stared back at her with amazement in their eyes. Her bottom lip trembeld, "oh my God." She covered her mouth and walked over to them.
Brian reached her first and wrapped his arms around her. She burried her face in his chest, a small sob escaping her mouth. Howie was next, hugging her tightly. AJ grabbed her face between his hands and gave her a kiss on the forehead and pulled her in for a hug. Her final hug was Kevin, she tip toed to throw her arms around his shoulder. He hugged her by the waist, as she burring her face in his neck, tears streaming down her face.
He rubbed her back as he tried to soothe her silent sobs. She had left them all behind when she separated from Nick. These four guys were her world at one point. They protected her from media, fans, and sometimes Nick himself. She never thought she would see them again.
Nick stood by with his hands in his pocket as watched his friends also rub tears from their eyes. When she pulled away from Kevin, she laughed at herself. "I'm sorry, I am being so silly." They all comforted her. She turned to Nick and mouthed "Thank you." He smiled and nodded.
Kevin smiled down at her,"Delilah, I can't believe you are here."
She laughed, "You? I was surprised to see Nick, now to have all of you here."
Brian looked around, "Is this your place?"
Nick smiled and nodded proudly, "Yep, she got her Bachelor's and started her own business."
She looked up at him and blushed. AJ shook his head and laughed, "Damn girl, you have grown! You look great."
She laughed, "Thank you." At that point she noticed the entire bakery had stopped and was just staring now. She looked around and laughed, "How about we take this conversation to my house tonight? For dinner?"
Howie nodded, "Yea good idea."
They waved as they headed out. Delilah stopped Nick, "This was the most amazing surprise. Thank you!" She reached up and hugged him, kissing him on the cheek. She headed back to work, not being able to stop smiling the rest of the day.
Chapter 17 by TatianaM
That evening Delilah, added the finishing touches to dinner. Trish and June, who invited themselves to dinner, were setting the table.
"I'm glad you guys invited yourselves to dinner. I wouldn't be able to get it all done without you."

Trish laughed, "There was no way you were going to get to have dinner with the freaking Backstreet Boys by yourself!"

June nodded in a 'as a matter a fact' manner, while bringing a bucket of ice to the table and filling it with beers. They were going to have shrimp tacos since she didn't have much time to plan something fancy.

Max was not going to be back until Friday, and Jeremy really didn't want to have dinner with the Backstreet Boys so he stayed home.

Delilah looked around making sure everything was perfect, nervously as she waited for her special guests. June wrapped her arm around her should, "Don't worry. We are here for you. We can get super drunk to where they don't even focus on you. I MAY jump AJ though."

Delilah shook her head and sighed, "I was hoping I could stop myself from doing that too. Even with that beard I still find him attractive."

June tilted her head a bit, "AJ? Really?"

Delilah nodded, "I liked him before I liked Nick. Well I was never a fan of Nick, but thats a story for another day. What about you Trish, who's bones would you like to jump?"

Trish clasped her hands together and brought them up to her chest, "Howie."

June nodded, "I guess I will let you have AJ, I wouldn't mind Brian or Kevin."

Delilah was drinking her water and almost spit it out laughing at June, "You will LET me have AJ?"

Trish put a bowl of sour cream in the middle of the round table, "Aren't they all married?"

Both Delilah and June turned to her at the same time, "Shhhhhh."

Just then there was a knock at the door. They all squaled as they jumped up and down, before Delilah went to the door.

She composed herself, making sure her side brair was still in tact and opened the door, "Hey guys!" They walked in giving her a hug.

"These are my best friends June and Trish, girls this is AJ, Kevin, Howie and Brian."

Nick walked in behind them and closed the door. He stood by Delilah as the other guys greeted Trish and June. "You look nice."

She smiled up at him, "Thank you."

"You guys hungry? Or would you rather wait?"

AJ took his coat off and handed it to Nick who was gathering their coats and placing them in the guest bedroom, "I'm starving actually." The other guys nodded agreeing.

Trish led them to the dinning room to the 8 person round table, "Please have a seat, drinks are in the middle, and I think Delilah is bringing in a pitcher of iced tea, for those not drinking beer." She giggled as Howie walked by and thanked her. Delilah shook her head at her star struck friends. June sat down between Brian and Kevin, chatting them up. Nick sat to Brian's right, Howie took a seat next too Nick, so of course Trish sat on the other side of him.

AJ walked in to the kitchen, "Need any help?" He flashed her a flirty smile, making her blush. She looked over and saw that the guys the girls were just gushing about, were talking to those girls. She turned to AJ who was smirking, "You guys could hear us outside couldn't you?"

AJ laughed and nodded, "Yes." She blushed and covered her face, "Thats why they are being so nice to them, you bunch of teases!"

Trish and June both sat with wide eyes and blushed as the guys laughed.

Brian shook his head, "Yes we could hear you outside but we are used to it, so we figured it would be cute to make y'all giggly." He made quotation marks with his hands. June looked at him with her mouth open in shock, which caused him to laugh more, "I promise it is precious though!"

Delilah pretended to pout, "Really not funny guys."
AJ hugged her, "Oh it was a little funny. I'm glad you will still have me with this beard."

"Wow you really heard everything!"

He helped her carry the iced tea to the table, as she brought the bowls of tacos. She sat down between AJ and Kevin, still amazed that they were here, "Alright dig in."

AJ stopped everyone and said a quick prayer blessing the food. Then nodded for them to proceed. The conversations quickly picked up all around. Kevin turned to Delilah, "Your home is very nice. I don't just mean your house here, but the town and the bakery."

"Thank you so much, I've put a lot of work into all of this."

Brian chimed in to their conversation, "So tell us Delilah, what have you been up to for the past 10 years."

She told them all about, her grandfather's money, moving to college with Trish and June, then moving here, and opening her store.

Nick listened to her story once more, paying attention to it as if it was the first time he had heard it. She was so animated when she talked. He smiled, "She sure has grown huh Kevin? Not the same teenager that drove you insane?"

Delilah laughed and looked at Kevin. Trish drank some of her beer and tilted her head to the side in question, "Kevin? She gave you trouble?"

Kevin laughed also taking a swig of his beer, "Yes and No. See while Delilah was a teenager it was forgivable. Nick on the other hand, was 23 and still acted like a teenager. I promise you that boy was so immature."

AJ scoffed, "Was?"

Nick laughed as he looked down at his plate. June chimed in, "What kind of trouble could they get in to?"

Kevin shook his head, "I was afraid they would get in the illegal kind. Because she was under aged at the beginning. It was really hard keeping them apart when we went on tour in 2001."

"You went on tour with them?"

Delilah nodded, "Yup."

Nick laughed, "Remember that time that Kevin put your room right next to his and mine down the hall?"

"But you still managed to sneak out anyway and when he came to check on me, you were under the bed?"

They laughed. June and Trish looked at her with their eyebrows raised with an 'Oh really?' expression.

"By that time she was already 17 though, which in most states is legal."

Delilah blushed, "Wow AJ, we weren't DOING that."

Nick brought his drink up to his mouth and smirked, "Yet."

She shot him a playful glare, "Nick!" She trhew a tortilla chip at him.

Kevin nodded, "Ah ha I knew it!" He turned to her, "Remember that time you snuck out of my tour bus? I didn't realize you were gone until like 7 hours later at our next destination?"

Delilah was in the middle of drinking when he said that and she spit out her drink, quickly apologizing for that.

Nick laughed hard at that one, "You were so mad!"

"We weren't alone, AJ was on the same bus." She smiled sweetly. "Sleeping and unaware that I was there, but still."

June shook her head, "And here I thought I was bad, when I was a teen!"

Brian shook his head too, "At one point Kevin just stopped fighting it, let them spend time together. That's when they decided to get married."

Kevin laughed, "It really did suck to have to keep them apart. They were just so happy together, you know?" Everyone just smiled as they remembered, leaving an awkward silence.
Delilah looked over at Nick, and he gave her a half smile. She then glanced down at her hands in her lap.

Nick stood up, "How about some dessert? I picked up some key lime pie from Delilah's earlier today." He started piling their plates on top of his, trying to break that silence.

June helped clear the table too, as Delilah went to put some coffee on the pot.
"Oh don't worry about the dishes. I will take care of them."

"Don't be silly, I can load the dishwasher while you set the coffe up."

She nodded in agreement and continued. June laughed, "How unfair is it that I'm in a room with a bunch of hot guys and none of them are single?"

Nick turned to her, "I'm single."

"She said hot Nick." Delilah smirked and raised her eyebrow.

"Ouch!"

June ran to the fridge, "Here Nick, let me get you some ice for that burn!"

The two girls hive-fived and Nick watched trying not to laugh and said, "Y'all are nerds." Which just sent them into a fit of laughter.

Once the coffee was made, Delilah took out a tray from below the counter, and placed the pot in the middle with the coffee cups around it.

Nick looked at her set up impressed, "Wow...this looks like tea time in England."

She giggled, "I don't get to use these much so I am excited!"

He laughed as he took the tray into the living room where everyone was seated and placed it on the coffee table.

She followed him with the pie and plates. "Here we are, please help yourself."

Nick sat on the couch, but when he saw Delilah he started to get up, "Here take my seat."
She shook her head, "No no you sit, I will sit on the edge."

"You sure?"

She nodded as she sat on the armrest next to him. "Oh Howie and AJ congratulations on y'alls marriages and babies! I saw them on the news, I am so happy for y'all."

Howie nodded his thank you as he and AJ both pulled their phones off to show off their babies.

"Brian, Baylee must be so big now huh?"
Brian smiled proudly, "He is! He actually opened up for us on tour this year."

"Did he really? Takes after his daddy then?"

Kevin laughed, "Yep that boy can sing! The fans were absolutely great to him."

After looking at all the baby pictures they continued chit chatting about their families.

Brian set his cup down, "So Delilah, is there any one special in your life?"

She blushed slightly, "There is actually. I am seeing this great guy Max, he is Trish's brother in law. We've been seeing each other for about a month now."

AJ glanced over and noticed Nick look down for a bit, as Delilah continued gushing about her boyfriend.

Howie then placed his cup down too, "Oh Nick I ran in to Lauren, she asked me to let you know that she shipped your stuff to your place. There were other words used but I will not go into that here."

Nick nodded understandibly. Delilah bumped his shoulder, "Ex-girlfriend?"

Kevin answered for him, "Ex-fiance."

Caught off guard, Delilah looked down at Nick, "Oh. I didn't know you were engaged." This seemed to bother her but she wasn't sure why. How could he not mention being engaged? Why do I care if he was almost married again?

June noticed the tension and changed the subject, "So guys, how long will you be staying?"

"We were thinking about leaving Wednesday, to spend time with our families."

Nick's head shot up, "No you can't leave Wednesday. Stay until Thursday morning. Wednesday night is our music night at Lilah's."

Delilah looked at Trish and June raising her eyebrows and mouthing 'Our?'
She then turned to Kevin, "He's right you guys must stay. I would love to sing with y'all."

Kevin nodded, "I don't dee why we can't stay until Thrusday morning."

"Yay!" They continued discussing, their past year and what they have been up to for the past 10 years.
Chapter 18 by TatianaM
The next evening they gathered at her house again. "The name of the game is Waterfall. You may know it as Kings but I know it as Waterfall so forget what you know about Kings!" Delilah set a deck of playing cards in the middle of the table, after shuffling it, in a line spread out. The order of those sitting around the table clockwise: Delilah, AJ, Howie, June, Brian, Nick, Kevin, Trish.

"As we all agreed, this is a drinking game, and you will get rather tipsy so I am going to ask you all to stay as I don't allow drinking and driving. Agreed? Oh except Trish and June since Jeremy is picking y'all up later."

Everyone nodded and she continued, "Pay attention guys as this gets complicated as the night goes on! To start off the game I will pull a card from anywhere in the deck. Each card has its own rule.

'Ace is waterfall' when the person who pulled the card needs to start dirnking their drink, everyone drinks too, you can't stop until the person to your right stops drinking. Ace holder controls the length for everyone until they put their drink down. Example I pulled the card, I drink everyone drinks, I put my drink down, and at this point AJ can put his drink down or he can decide to make Howie drink longer. If you are at the end of the waterfall you pretty much drink forever.

'2 is you' If you pull this you chose who has to drink.

'3 is me' You pull the card, you drink.

'4 is whores' Sorry ladies I didn't make it up. When a 4 comes up ladies drink.

'5 is categories' When this card gets pulled, the cardholder has to come up with a category, and we go around the table naming things that fit in this category until someone gets stuck which at that point that person drinks.

'6 is dicks' When this card comes up guys drink.

'7 is heaven' The minute you see this card put both hands straight up in the air. The last person to do so drinks.

'8 is date' When you pull this card, you pick one other person to drink with you everytime until the end of this game.

'9 is Rhyme' This is kind og like category but rhymes instead. We go around the table until you can't think of anything that rhymes with the word, no words like orange please.

'10 is thumbmaster' The person that pulls this card is thumbmaster until another 10 is drawn. At any point during the game, they will bring their thumb to the table descretely, and everyone has to notice and do the same. Last person to do so drinks.

'J is back' This card makes the person to your right drink.

'Q Is Questionmaster' Same as the 10 this card is true until a new Q is pulled. You can't answer ANY questions this person asks through out the game until someone else is questionmaster.

And Lastly 'K is King' you get to make up a rule for the remainder of this game. Example is, you can't say drink, drank, drunk or else you drink.

Got it?"

Everyone nods and she claps her hands excitedly"Great let's start!"

She reaches over and pulls a '2', "hmmm 2 is you." She points to June, who laughs and taks a drink of her beer.

AJ reaches out "6 is dicks?" All the guys groan and drink.

Howie takes a card infront of him "ooh K? I get to make up a rule right?" Delilah nods and he thinks for a bit, "How about no pointing?" Everyone laughs and agrees.

June "9 is rhyme." She thinks for a bit, "Dime."

Brian, "Lime"

Nick, "Time"

Kevin, "Rhyme"

Trish,"Crime?"

Delilah, "Slime"

AJ, "Shit, I can't think of anything so." He picked up his beer and said "cheers"

Brian pulled a card "Jack is back, sorry June." She took a drink of her beer.

Nick "5 is categories? Hmm...football teams. Tamba Bay Buccaneers"

Kevin "Dallas Cowboys"

Trish "Ooh dangit um...New Orleans Saints."

Delilah smiled, "Houston Texans"

AJ "Um um Miami Dolphins"

Howie "Jacksonville Jaguars"

June "I don't know anything about football so cheers." He picked up his drink.

Brian laughed, "No I actually had one! We could have gone on forever!"

Kevin's turn "King! I got it one, how about no names?"
"Oh thats a good one!" AJ pointed at Kevin. Then realized he pointed and drank.

Trish reached out "Q. What does Q mean?"

Howie proudly answered "Questionmaster."

Trish laughed as she pointed at him, "Ah ha you answered my question!"

He then laughed and said, "You pointed!" They clinked their bottles and both drank.

On the third round Nick drew an 8. He smirked, "8 is date right?" Delilah nodded. He smiled, "I pick Delilah as my date. Oops I said her name." He drank which meant she had to drink too. Through out the game he kept making silly mistakes which would cause them both to drink, such as forgetting to put his hands up on a 7 or pointing. The second 8 was pulled by AJ, and he picked Nick. So noe everytime AJ drank, Nick and Delilah did too. Following the chain, Brian picked AJ as his date when he drank. The last 8 was Howie's and he apologized to poor Delilah but he was picking Brian. Then he had to drink because he said her name, causing them all to drink.

A little on the dizzy side, Delilah shook her head and pointed at them all, "You guys are a bunch of assholes." Which made them laugh hysterically shouting, "You pointed!"

She threw her head back, "Fuuuck!" She finished her bottle and started a new one.

June drew a 7 and threw her hands up in the air. Soon everyone's hands were in the air except for AJ, who was late for it.

Delilah groaned, "Damn you person next to me with the beard!"

After two games, everyone was ready for bed. They all dropped around the couch and in the guest bedroom.

Delilah let Dobby out in the backyard to do his business as she leaned against the door drinking some water. Kevin walked up to her, "I am so glad we came."

"Me too."

"Delilah, I am so proud of you." He turned to her. Caught off guard she turned to face him as he continued, "You went through so much back then. I don't know what all happened between you and Nick but you were devastated. I worried about you so much, and was truly saddened when you cut ties with us. I understand why you did it, but it still hurt. So when I see you now, all grown up, beautiful, and a successful business owner, I can't help but feel proud and happy for you. You came out on top after all that bullshit. I love you kiddo." He pulled her in for a hug. She felt a lump in her throat as she fought back tears. She quietly hugged him back. He released her and smiled as he headed off to the guest bedroom.

The next morning Delilah was dancing in her bedroom while getting ready. She usually did her make up in her underwear. Brave by Sara Bareilles came on and she really went crazy dancing around and singing. She turned around and saw Nick dancing with her, startled she stopped, "Nick! What are you doing?"

He was still dancing, "I wanted to join in the party! I would remove my clothes but that would take too long."

She laughed as she walked over to her phone and turned the music down, "You are such a nerd. What do you need?" She grabbed her robe and put it on.

"Aww you're no fun." He crossed his arms, "I was going to make breakfast, want any?"

She shook her head laughing, "No thank you, I have to head out to the bakery but you guys please help yourselves to anything in the kitchen." He nodded, but didn't leave the room. She tapped her foot as they sat in awkward silence, "Soooo was there anything else you needed?"

He shook his head, "Nope just hoping you will bust out the jams again so we can dance."

She laughed as she walked over and pushed him out of the room, "Get out!"
Chapter 19 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
This chapter is long, but just because there are a lot of lyrics lol
Thanks for reading! I am so glad you guys enjoy it! I enjoy writing it!
When word got out that all 5 Backstreet Boys were going to perform that night, people started taking their seats early on in the evening. By the time 7 rolled around, the bakery was so packed, Delilah had to put a full capacity sign at the door in fear that the fire marshallw oudl come by.
"I am so excited for music night tonight!"

Nick had set up 5 stools on the stage, and rented 5 mic stands.

Delilah walked up to the mic, "Hey everyone. Wow we have a full house tonight! I am very excited to have some dear friends of mine here tonight to perform for us." Some of the girls cheered in the audience. She laughed, "Yes yes, as you may have already heard, all 5 Backstreet Boys are here tonight. Before we get to them, Nick wanted to sing a few covers first, then I will take the stage with the guys, then I will let them sing as many songs as they want. So um, take it away Nick."

He stood infront of the middle mic with his guitar in hand, "Hi!" He smiled widely as the girls Woo'd and Ow'd at him. "I hope you guys don't mind me performing real quick. I only have 3 songs, then I will let the other guys come up too. I was just really feeling these songs before I found they were coming. So um...yea. This is a cover of Maroon 5's Stutter." Being very familiar with Maroon 5 songs, Delilah laughed and shook her head, knowing that he was basically singing this to her.





I really, I really, I really need to know I really, I really
Or else you gotta let me go I really, I really

This time I really need to do things right
Shivers that you give me
Keep me freezing all night
You make me shudder, oh yeah

I can't believe it, I'm not myself
Certainly I'm thinking about no one else
You make me shudder

I really, I really need to know
Or else you gotta let me go
You're just a fantasy, girl, it's an impossible world
All I want is to be with you always
I give you everything, pay some attention to me
All I want is just you and me always
Give me affection, I need your perfection
'Cause it feels so good to make me S-stutter, stutter

If I could touch you, I'd never let go
Now you got me screaming and I cannot shut up, oh, shut up, yeah

Now I am lying on a bedroom floor
Barely even speaking, and I cannot get up

And I really, I really, I really need to know
Or else you gotta let me go
You're just a fantasy, girl, it's an impossible world
All I want is to be with you always
I give you everything, pay some attention to me
All I want is you and me always
Give me affection, I need your perfection
'Cause you feel so good, you make me S-stutter, stutter, stutter (I really, I really)

You knock me down,
I can't get up I'm stuck,
gotta stop shaking me up
I can't eat, can't sleep, can't think sane
Get under, I'm sinking under

You're just a fantasy, girl, it's an impossible world
All I want is to be with you always
I give you everything, pay some attention to me
All I want is you and me always

You're just a fantasy, girl, it's an impossible world
All I want is to be with you always
Give me affection, I need your perfection
'Cause it feels so good to make me S-stutter

You make me s-stutter
You make me s-stutter

He looked over at her, and smiled as she sook her head once more at him. "So I seem to be in a Maroon 5 mood because this next song is also by them. It's called I can't Lie."
Delilah was attending to the customers at the counter, not listening as to him talk. She rolled her eyes as the song started and she realized once more that this was dedicated to her.

I must have been a fool
To love you so hard for so long
So much stronger than before
But so much harder to move on

And now the bitter chill of the winter
Still blows through me like a plague
Only to wake up with an empty bed
On a perfect summer day

My world just feels so cold
And you find yourself
Walking down the wrong side of the road

I can't lie on my mind
Stuck inside my head
I wanna feel your heart beat for me instead, yeah
I just die so much inside
Now that you're not there
I wanna feel your heartbeat like yesterday

I never did my best to
Express how I really felt
And now that I know exactly what I want
You found somebody else

My world just feels so cold
And you find yourself
Walking on the wrong side of the road

I can't lie on my mind
Stuck inside my head
I wanna feel your heart beat for me instead, yeah
I just die so much inside
Now that you're not there
I wanna feel your heart beat like yesterday

My world just feels so cold
And I find myself
Thinking about the things I could have done
And it warms my soul
When you let me know
I'm not the only one

I can't lie on my mind
Story inside my head
I wanna feel your heart beat for me instead, yeah
I just die so much inside
Now that you're not there
I wanna feel your heart beat like yesterday...

June walked over to Delilah, "He is really into Maroonm 5 tonight! I love it!"
Delilah shook her head and rolled her eyes, "I think it has something to do with the converstion we had the other night about Adam Levine being a douche."
June laughed, "Oh I forgot about that!"
"Last one you guys, and its not Maroon 5. This is Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's."
Butterflies flew about in Delilah's stomach as Nick started singing the song he sang to her that night. This time she didn't laugh or roll her eyes, instead she just watched him.
June turned to her to say something, but noticed the look on her face, then she turned to look at Nick who was singing to Delilah. Seeing the two of them looking at each other like that, made her realize the reason Nick didn't want to hook up with her over the weekend.

When he finished up that set, Delilah walked up to the mic, followed by the guys. The ladies in the crowd cheered as the guys took the stage. They smiled and waved. Delilah took an extra mic and smiled excitedly, "I've known these guys forever and it has always been a wish of mine to sing with them. I am a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, I love their version of Running on Sunshine. So when the guys agreed to do a song with me, I knew that it had to be this song. Hope you enjoy!"

Delilah: Boy you got me tripping on sunshine
God knows you just made my day
Since you came around, no
I just can't slow down, no
I wanna see you walk in my walk

Brian: Girl you got me thinking about diamonds
And get down on one knee, maybe two
Howie:People may stop and stare, but
I don't even care, no
Just as long as I'm with you

Kevin: You got me running on sunshine
Ain't no clouds getting in my way
I must be running on sunshine
Ain't no rain getting in my way

Nick walked over to Delilah and stood behind her singing to her:
Girl you got me acting real crazy
Chasing tail like some old dog
Oh I got this rocket
(He pumped his hips jokingly, and Delilah fanned herself smiling)
In my friendly pocket
Ready to explode like a bomb

AJ: Something tells me you made me lose it
Cause everything keeps shaking around
We can cut the rule
Make these walls go boom
We can do this right here and now

ALL: You got me running on sunshine
Ain't no clouds getting in my way
I must be running on sunshine
Ain't no rain getting in my way

Delilah:Hey just get over yourself
This thing is to good for you help
Hey just get over yourself
(She then waved at the girls in the crowd to sing with her)Hey just get over yourself
This thing is to good for you help
Hey just get over yourself, self self self

Delilah stood at the mic stand: You got me running on sunshine
Ain't no clouds in my know
I must be running on sunshine
Ain't no rain getting in my way

ALL:You got me running on sunshine
Ain't no rain getting in my way
I must be running on sunshine
Ain't no rain getting in my way


Delilah: No doubt, no doubt about it
And there ain't no clouds in my sky
AJ: Ain't no rain getting in my way

Delilah:No doubt, no doubt about it
And there ain't no clouds in my sky
Howie: You got me running on sunshine

No doubt, no doubt about it
And there ain't no clouds in my sky
Nick:Ain't no rain getting in my way

No doubt, no doubt about it
And there ain't no clouds in my sky
Kevin: Just as long as I'm with you, my baby

All: No doubt, no doubt about it
And there ain't no clouds in my sky

The crowd cheered and applauded. Delilah hugged the guys before walking off stage to let them do their songs. They started off with acousti versions of I Want it That Way and Quit Playing Games With my Heart. Then Kevin took the mic and smiled at Delilah, "This next song is a bonus track from our new album, and we wanted to dedicate it to a very special friend who is going through a tough time. This is Take Care."

Nick: I, I've waited all my life
To step out from the light
And see the shadows fading.

You, you've always stood so tall
I've never thought you'd fall,
But now it's you that's fading

Howie: I know that inside you're delicate
But you say that
You don't need someone to take care of you, but

All: I, I, I take care of
you, you, you Take care of
I, I, I take care of
you, you, you Take care of you

Oh, oh, oh

Kevin: So you run, there's no need to run
Stand up face to face the stakes are high, but we'll reach higher

AJ: I won't tell the soul if you cry I can hold you while you cry you know

Howie: I know that inside you're delicate
But you say that
You don't need someone to take care of you, but

All: I, I, I take care of
you, you, you Take care of
I, I, I take care of
you, you, you Take care of you
Howie: I know that inside you're delicate

And, I, I take care of
you, you, you Take care of

Nick sang very passionately:Baby, baby, baby, I'll take care of, I'll take care of you

All: I, I, I take care of you, you, you

AJ: Take care of you

Delilah's eyes had watered listening to the lyrics. When the song ended she walked up to the stage and was embraced by all five of them.

After she wiped her eyes and pulled away she stepped up to the mic, "Wow thanks guys I wasn't planning on crying tonight." She shook her head smiling as she walked off the stage to let them do their last song Trust Me, which they asked the crowd to sing the last chorus with them.

After they performed and started saying their goodbyes, Delilah walked back on stage and pulled Kevin to the side asking him to play one more song. He sat at the keyboard and skimmed the sheet music she gave him. She sat on the stool and smiled out, "Okay this last song of the night is a very special dedication. This is Sweet as Whole and it is dedicated to our favorite guy, Mr. Tennison." The crowd who recognized were confused that she would dedicate the song to the guy threatening her bakery. June, Trish, and Nick stook in the back confused as well. Keving started playing the notes and she prepared herself.

Sometimes I can be perfectly sweet
Got this sugary me stuffed in my sleeve
And I talk of ponies and rainbows and things
And I'm just who you want me to be
But like most creatures down here on the ground
I'm composed of the elements moving around
And I grow and change and I shift and I switch
And it turns out I'm actually kind of a bitch (Nick laughs in the crowd, causing her to smile)

But that only happens when I get provoked
By some piece of shit asshole we all sadly know
And I sit and I write while reminding you all
That mean songs are still better than going postal

And that guy's an asshole(June cheers loudly)
That girl's a bitch
Baby it's natural
No gettin' away from it
So sing it out with me
And then let it go
Fuck that guy he's just an aaaaaasshole
Oh-asshoooole
Aaaaasshoooooole
Oh-Aaasshoole

I see I've surprised you with some of my words
And I know that surprises, while fun, still can hurt
And I hate to think that I ruined the day
Of the dick and the queen of the high horse parade(Another cheer in the crowd)
But I'm sick and tired of your poisonous ways
Your toxin wasting perfectly good spaaace
And I say what I think
'Cause it's more economic than drugs or a drink

Kevin joins in this time:That guy's an asshole
That girl's a bitch
Baby it's natural
No gettin' away from it
So sing it out with me
And then let it go
The crowd joins in: Fuck that guy he's just an asshole

Delilah: And I won't let him in
Under my skin
You're a sad sack of shit
That's pathetic
Just a festering sore
Who will never be more than that
If I don't leeeeeeeeet iiiiiiit

Delilah and Kevin:And that guy's an asshole
That girl's a bitch
Baby it's natural
No gettin' away from it
So sing it out with me(She waves her hands asking everyone to sing with her)
And then let it go
Fuck that guy he's just an asshole

Everyone in the bakery:
That guy's an asshole
Delilah in the background: Aaaasshooole
That girl's a bitch
(oooh An Asshoooole)
Baby it's natural
No gettin' away from it
So sing it out with me
And then let it go
Fuck that guy he's just an asshole

Kevin plays the last keys and everyone cheers loudly. Nick leans on the counter clapping, then whistles loudly. Others join in the cheering and whisling. Delilah laughs at the mic, enjoying the relaxed vibe.
Chapter 20 by TatianaM
June helped Nick take the guys to the airport Thrusday morning, offering up her car as well as his rental. While in town, they grabbed brunch at a small deli.

"You're inlove with my best friend."

He laughed and looked down at her as they waited for their drinks, "What?"

She squinted her eyes and smiled, "Don't play dumb, I saw it. It's obvious."

He licked his lips, then the corner of his lip curved up, "I don't know what you're talking about."

She laughed, throwing her head back to exaggerate a little, "Nick, I saw it. Last Night. When you were singing Rhythm of Love." They took their food to a little table in the corner of the room. "Does she know?"

He signed and nodded, "Yea she knows."

"So why aren't y'all together? There's definitely something there on her end."

He perked up, "Did she say something?"

"No but I looked at her when you were singing and she had this look in her eyes that just screamed love. I swear if it was a cartoon she would have had little heart bubbles coming out of her head."

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, "Yea but she has already told me she is giving Max a try."

June smiled evily, "Maybe we can take advantage of our last night without Max. Rekindle some feelings?"

He raised an eyebrow, "What do you have in mind?"

June rolled her eyes, "Could you BE more cheesy Nick?" He laughed.

That evening, Delilah dropped her purse on the table and plopped down on the couch exhausted. She had invited the girls to her house that night for girls night, and had promised she would cook but now she didn't feel like it. She texted June.

So tired. Don't want to cook.

Her response was almost instant.

Don't cook. Let's order in. Will ask Trish what we should get when she picks me up. Will be there in about 30 minutes.

Delilah smiled and got up to shower real quick. When she got out, she put on some yoga pants, and a loose top that hung off her shoulder. She threw her hair up in a sloppy bun. She went in to the living room and started a fire in the chimney

Shortly after there was a knock on her door followed by the girls walking in, "Delilah?"

She walked out and plopped back on the couch. "Hey".

Trish joined her on the other couch equally as exhausted.

June went in to the kitchen to get some wine, "Good Lord ladies, what happened?"

Delilah shook her head, "It seems that since the guys performed at the bakery last night, everyone wants to eat where they performed. We had people from inland coming in today. We were busy all day."

Trish groaned, "I am starving. What are we eating? Let's order Chinese."

"I don't care what we order, I just want food."

June groaned as she came back with the glasses and the bottle about to serve them some, "I don't want Chinese."

"Then what do you want?"

June thought for a while, "I don't know. What sounds good?"

Trish glared at her, "You are so difficult."

"I know I am I'm sorry! Let's look on UrbanSpoon to see what sounds good!"

"Dammit June, that takes forever for you to decide!"

There was a knock at the door, so Delilah dragged herself up and walked over. When she opened it, she was surprised to see Nick at the door with 3 medium pizza's and a case of beer. "Hey", he grinned.

Confused, "Hi. What are you doing here?"

"Well I can't get ahold of June, and I was bored so I kinda hoped she was here and that we could hang out. I brought pizza."

Trish pushed her way through, letting him in. "He brought food, that's all that matters."

June jumped up from the couch and took the wine back in the kitchen, "Oh Nick you are a life saver! I love you right now!"

He laughed, "Geez ladies, calm down."

Delilah closed the door and shook her head. "Did you at least bring pineapple and canadian bacon?"

He smiled at her as he opened one of the pizzas, "Of course I did." They sat around in the living room, on the floor around the fire and ate their pizza in silence. Once they were done, Nick cleaned up the pizza boxes and came back to sit on the floor. June layed down, with her head on Delilah's lap, "Oh I am so full. That was wonderful. Thanks Nick."

Delilah nodded as she put her head back on the couch seat, "Mmhmm this is just what I needed today."

Trish rubbed her feet, "My feet are killing me."

June turned lazily towards her, "Nick gives the best foot massages. Seriously amazing, you should have him do you Delilah."

Nick was drinking his beer, and almost spit it out. Delilah raised an eyebrow.

June rolled her eyes, "Euw not like that you guys."

He shurgged still laughing,"Hey I didn't say anything. But yea Trish come here I don't mind." Trish was not even shy about it as she scooted over to him and put her feet in his lap. He laughed and turned to Delilah, "I can do yours next if you want."

She shook her head and laughed, "No its ok, but thanks."

Trish let out a loud moan making Nick blush. Delilah's eyes widened, "Trish!"

She laughed embarrassed, "I'm sorry but you have no idea how good that feels. My feet have been so swollen lately!" She quickly tried to change the subject, "So what are y'all doing next week for Thanskgiving? I'm going to New York, Jeremy's family is meeting up there for the parade and dinner. Are you coming Delilah?"

Nick looked over at her. She chewed on the inside of her lip, "Um, Max hasn't asked me. Besides I don't know if I would go. The bakery and all." She glanced at Nick, then looked away.

Trish brushed it off, "Oh he probably will. Or he'll come down here with you. No worries. June? Nick?"

June shurgged, "I will probably go out into town, I like having Thanksgiving at a restaurant, you can come with me Nick, since these heiffers may abandon us." He just smiled and nodded.

Trish switched feet, "So Nick, tell us some scoop. Why is this Lauren girl your EX-fiance?"

June frowned, "Who cares, let's not talk about that." Let's talk about Delilah and Nick instead.

Delilah started braiding June's hair, "No, thats a good question. I want to know too."

He kept rubbing Trish's feet, "I think I led her on?"

"You think?"

"Yea well I know I led her on, but it wasn't on purpose. I proposed to her to get her off my back about it, but I never actually sat down and planned the wedding. I always had something else going on, like our new album, and then the tour. So maybe I just didn't want to get married. She got tired of waiting and assumed I would beg her to stay, but when she broke off the engagement I was ok with it."

June quickly took that as a sign of that conversation ending and spokeup, "See dull conversation. Let's hear some happy times. How did y'all meet? I've been dying to know."

Delilah laughed at her eagerness and looked up at Nick who was also smiling. He tilted his head towards her, signaling for her to lead off.

She took a deep breath as she dug deep in her memory. "My dad was really good friends with Brian and Kevin's dads when they were young, all the way in to college. The didn't keep in touch once my dad moved but he was always looking for them. In 2000 he found Brian's dad, and found out about Kevin's dad's passing. The Littrells were going to have this huge week long family get together at a lake house and invited our family out to rent one of the cabins. My dad jumped on that opportunity since he hadn't see Mr. Littrell in forever. So he loaded is up that summer and we headed out. I was excited because dad said Brian was bringing one of the guys from the group, and I was hoping it was AJ because he was hot." She laughed as Nick shook his head, "Sorry. Anyway, I was disappointed when we got there and it wasn't AJ instead it was Nick. Most of the week the younger kids, mind you I was 16 at the time so I was considered a younger kid."

Nick interrupted, "Yea but she was like 16 going on 30. Way too mature for her age."

Delilah laughed, "That's what I was getting at Nick. I was 16, with the mentality of a 25 year old, not 30. Nick on the other hand was 21 with the mentality of a 15 year old boy. He didn't want to go hang out with the grown ups, he rather play in the lake with the kids. So he spent a lot of time with us. I couldn't get over how immautre he was, and I was very verbal about it. I thought it was weird that the 21 guy was not drinking and grilling with the others." She laughed, "We fought a lot actually about that. We didn't get along. I think I was just mad at him for not being AJ."

Nick nodded, "Until that night when I came out around 11 to smoke and saw you on the picnic table."

June and Trish both looked at Delilah, "Oh yea, I was sitting out there after all the lights had been turned off staring at the stars. I was in my pj shorts and t-shirt with this blanket on my legs."
"So I walked up and asked her what the hell she was doing out here in the middle of the night. She just looked up at me and told me to shush and lay down. I told her no, and she interrupted me and told me to shut up for once in my life and just lay down. She patted the table next to her. So I did, and I was amazed at what I was looking at. It was just beautiful. That night changed everything for me, we stayed there and talked for hours. After that all I wanted to do was talk to her all the time. When that week ended we exchanged numbers and I called her the minute I got home. We talked almost everynight for 6 months."

Delilah smiled as she rememebred that night, "Yea that night was nice. After 6 months of phone conversations and e-mails, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was scared because this 21 year old wanted me, but he made it clear it wasn't about sex. It was about me. So I said yes, and he would come to Houston to visit as much as he could. Literally any break they had he flew down. My parents loved him, mainly because Brian and Kevin vouched for him. In 2001 I went on tour with them as you know, and in 2002 we got married. It wasn't a ceremony, it was just the courhouse, and a gathering at my house. We just wanted to be married, we were so inlove."

June watched them look at each other as they remembered. Yeeees this is working perfectly.

Trish broke the silence, "So what happened? Why did y'all split up?"

June frowned again. Dammit Trish who cares! Don't bring that up. She looked at Nick begging him with her eyes not to answer.

Delilah was the one to speak first, "Oh you know, couples that young hardly last."

"I cheated on her."

June sighed. Dammit Nick.

Delilah shook her head, "Nick, you don't have to."

He was looking at the fire when he interrupted her, "I cheated on her after she had a miscarriage."

June and Trish gasped in unison. Trish pulled her foot away and stared wide eyed, "You did what? Delilah? You didn't tell me about this!"

June's eyebrows creased and she shook her head, "You ass."

Delilah was in shock. She stared at him with tears filling her eyes, "You knew?"

He nodded slowly, watching her chin tremble."Yea your sister told me. You started acting weird and you wouldn't talk to me, so I asked Cassidy. I swore I wouldn't say anything. Once she told me I was relieved. I had thought something worse, I didn't want a baby at that time so it didn't bother me. But when I would try to touch you and get intimate with you, you wouldn't want to. You always had some excuse, so I went looking for it else where. Delilah I am so sorry. That has been eating me inside for ever."

Trish was furious by now, "You asshole!"

June was sitting up, "You pig!"

Delilah gasped and looked down at her hands. Then she took a deep breath, wiped her tears, and shook her head, "Girls. Come on, he was so young and immature. You can't be so harsh on him." Nick looked at her surprised. June and Trish started to argue but she held her hand up, "Come on, he clearly feels bad." She looked at her phone, "Its getting pretty late, I have an early morning at the bakery."

The two girls looked at Nick, then at Delilah. They got up and said their good byes and headed out.

Nick walked with Delilah to the door, "Delilah, talk to me."

She shook her head, "Don't worry about it." She smiled warily at him, even reached up to hug him goodbye.

She made her way into her room and went to laid down, too exhausted to even think.

The next morning she noticed something on the bakery door. A notice and a huge lock on the door. Mr. Tennison walked up behind her, "Ah you're here." She spun around startled. He continued, "See you thought you and your little boyfriend were so clever in postponing my plans? Well two can play at that game. There you see a notice that says until the property dispute is resolved neither party will be able to use the land. It's only fair. Have a nice day."

She gasped as he walked away. She took her phone out and dialed Max, sending him a picture of the notice.

"I'm afraid that is legal. Dammit that scumbag. I didn't think he would think of that. He really is at this point just trying to make your life difficult! Let me call you back, I need to call my assistant on this case. Don't worry Delilah."

Shortly after, Delilah was back in her bed crying. June, Trish, and Nick burst through the door to find her curled up huggin a pillow."What am I suppose to do now? That place is my life?"

"Lilah I am so sorry." June crawled on the bed behind her and hugged her.

Trish moved infront of her and pet her head."That dickhead is going to get what's coming to him."

Nick sat at the edge of the bed, "What did Max say?"

"He said it was all legal. That asshat has a right to do this until the issue gets resolved. I've worked so hard for that place!" She sobbed into her pillow as her friends sat around, now knowing what to say. Dobby laugh on the floor by the bed with his head down as well. After about an hour, she asked them to leave as she wanted to just be alone.

She must have drifted off to sleep and was startled when her phone woke her. "hello?"
"Hey babe, I've been thinking about a way to cheer you up. Come to New York for the week with me?"

"Max I don't know."

"No hear me out. You deserve it. I want you to be here with me. We can do Thanksgiving with my family, or just on our own if you prefer. I can put you and Dobby in the nicest hotel, you don't even have to stay at my place if you don't want to.

She smiled as she realized he mentioned Dobby. "I don't know."
His voice softened, "Babe, let me take care of you. Please." The lump in her throat threatened her again.

She nodded, "Okay. I'll go."

He set up his ticket to be transferred to her and to depart that evening.

She took out her large suitcase and started filling in with all different styles of clothes. She felt a tinge of excitement as she perpared her luggage. She took out a smaller one for her make up and hair products. Around 45 minutes later, she heard her front door open and Nick call out to her. "Delilah?"
"In here."

He walked in holding sunflowers, "Hey, I brought you these."

She walked over and took them, "Sunflowers?"

He laughed, "Yea you mentioned once that you could never be sad around these flowers because they were so bright. So I thought they could cheer you up a bit."

"Aw that's sweet."

He looked over her shoulder at the luggage on her bed. "What's all this?"

She turned to what he was looking at after putting the flowers in a vase,"oh I'm going to New York."

"Why?"

"To spend the week with my boyfriend."

He looked confused,"But what about us?"

Now she was confused,"What?"

He pushe a strand of her hair behind her ear, "Well I was hoping that we could talk so more about what happened yesterday. I didn't think you were upset about last night."
"What does that have to do with me going to New York?"

"I refuse to believe that you'd want to go to New York if you weren't mad at me."

Disbelief clear on her face, "You think I'm going to New York because of what happened last night?"

"Yea you said you didn't want to go last night."

"No, last night I said he hadn't asked me, and that I wouldn't go because of the bakery." He started to talk but she put her finger up, "Nick, first off my decisions are not based on you. I decided to go to New York because my boyfriend asked me to go so he could cheer me up because I lost my bakery. Second of all, just because I didn't flip out last night doesn't mean I wasn't upset." She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second. "Nick, for the past ten years, there has been a question lingering in the back of my mind. Lately this question has been coming up a lot. What if?"

His face turned serious, "Delilah-"

She shook her head, "No let me finish. What if, I had just told him what happened. What if you knew what was going on back then? Would we have talked it out, could we have been okay? What if he knew that I had a miscarriage and I didn't want to have sex because I was afraid of getting pregnant again because my husband hates condoms and I am terrified of birth control." She let out a short sad laugh, "It turns out you did know...and it is actually the reason you left."

He cut her off, "Thats not why I left."

She shook her head, "It kind of is Nick. I needed time and you couldn't wait."

"You didn't tell me!"

She scoffed, "So it's my fault? You knew, and had you been thinking with your head instead of your dick you would have known that what I had just gone through was the most terrible thing imaginable for a woman. I was 19 Nick, I was scared." Her voice broke. She bit the inside of her cheek, "Actually I'm a little relieved, because now I don't have to think about it anymore. You gave me the closure I needed."

His eyes filled with tears, "Delilah I'm sorry. Please." He stepped forward, reaching out to her.

She stepped back and looked down, "No Nick, please just let it go."

He nodded, "So that's it then?"

She wiped her tear, "Yea that's it." She looked up at him.

For the first time he could see pain in her eyes. Pain he had caused her. What was worst is that he could see disappointment too. He dropped his shoulders and walked out of the house.
Chapter 21 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
So sorry! been busy at work and home!
Delilah walked through the airport and looked around for Max. She had so many mixed emotions, excitement, nervousness, sadness, etc. She finally spotted him holding a small piece of cardboard that said "Delilah". She giggle as she headed over to him. He was wearing blue jeans, a black thermal sweater/shirt and a pea coat. When he saw her he smiled real big and held out his arms. She walked into them wrapping her arms around his torso, burrying her face into his shirt trying not to cry. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, kissing her the top of her head. He finally pulled back a bit, and held her face in his hands as he kissed her. He grabbed her carry on with one hand and held her hand with the other, "Come on let's go find Dobby." They loaded up in to his car, and headed out into the city.
They checked in at the Eventi Hotel, and went up to their room. Delilah was amazed, "How much does this place cost?"

He laughed, "Please don't worry about that. Enjoy, you are in the middle of everything! My loft is about 20 blocks away, I take a taxi everywhere."

They reached the hotel suite and put her bags on the couch in the living room couch. She looked out the tall window into the city. It was now 7 PM and the lights were flashing around. She walked in to the bedroom where the king size bed was, with white fluffy comforter. The wall were dark grey, and the furniture black. There was another tall window facing the city lights, with a balcony. She stood at the window looking out, taking it all in. Max walked up behind her, "How are you doing?"

She smiled and leaned back into him, "Better now that I'm here."

He moved her hair to the other side of her shoulder and kissed her neck. She closed her eyes, letting out a soft moan. She turned around and kissed him wrapping her arms around his neck. He pulled back, "Do you want to go out to dinner?"

She shook her head, "If its ok with you, I'd like to stay in tonight. It has been a long day."

He smiled and nodded,"I understand, we can order in."

She led him to the bed, "Besides, I've missed you."

He pulled his sweater off and smiled at her as he followed.

They laid in bed waiting for the food to arrive. She put her head on his shoulder, "so when does your family get in?"

"Tomorrow morning, we are meeting up for breakfast. My sister is staying at my place, my parents in this hotel. Jeremy and Trish will be in this hotel too."

She yawned, "How come your sister isn't staying here?"

He yawned too and laughed, "That's contageous. She doesn't get along with my parents too well, so she prefers to stay with me."

"Oh."

He ran his hands through her hair, as they watched a movie. The food finally arrived and he went out to get it, throwing on a robe.

The next morning they headed out to meet his parents for breakfast in the lobby. They arrived in the early morning hours so they would have the whole day to explore. Jeremy and Trish would arrive later on in the day. Delilah sat quiet in the elevator holding Max's hand. She had met his parents briefly at Jeremy and Trish's wedding. He looked over at her, "You ok?" She nodded taking in a big breath. He laughed softly leaning over and kissing her, "You will be fine."

When they stepped off the elevator they walked to a large table and sat down. Shortly after, an older well dressed couple walked up, "Max!" His mom was as a little taller than Delilah, maybe around 5' 7 where Delilah was 5'2, slender but not thin, with dirty blonde hair. His dad was just as tall Max, salt and pepper hair, average weight size. Max got up and greeted them both with hugs and kisses. Then he turned to Delilah, "Mom, Dad this is my girlfriend Delilah. Delilah these are my parents, Teresa and Samuel"

Her heart threatening to leap out of her chest, she forced a smile and reached her hand out, "Nice to meet you."

His mom laughed, "Oh hunny don't be so formal! Come here!" She reached over and brought her in for a hug. Delilah let out a small laugh as his dad also pulled her in for a hug.

Once they were seated and had their drink orders taken they continued their conversation. His mom sat next to her, "So Delilah, what do you do dear?"

"I own a bakery down in Harkers Island."
His dad put some butter on a roll, "Oh a bakery? That sounds interesting, how did you come across that career?"

She went in to her life story with them, pausing to order their meal. Once she was finished they both had so many questions. How did you guys meet? How long have you been together?

After breakfast, they headed out to hit the shops and walk around. They were to meet up with the rest of his family that evening for dinner at a very nice restaurant. Delilah stepped in to a clothing boutique. She saw a black dress that would be perfect for that evening's dinner. Along with a gorgeous white A-line peacoat. She kept looking around deciding that she needed a new wardobe and a new style. Max helped her pick out some outits at different shops and also bought her some outfits, even after she protested.

They ran in to Trish and Jeremy at the hotel after shopping. Trish smiled, "Hey hun, how are you doing?"

"Been better, but it is helping to be out here. I met your mother in law this morning."

Trish laughed, "Isn't she a hoot? Wait until she drinks, then she will be much more fun." She looked at all the shopping bags, "Wow looks like you found the shopping strip!"

Delilah nodded as she glanced over at Max who had more bags, "Yes, I needed a distraction and a new wardrobe. I'll see you guys tonight, I want to run up and take a nap before dinner I am tired!" Max helped up to her room, "Want me to stay?"

She shook her head, "You don't have to. I'll be ok. I'm sure you want to go make sure your sister made it in ok."

He smiled and kissed her,"You're right."

She walked him to the door and he kissed her forehead, "Get some rest."

She laid down on the bed and sighed,staring up at the ceiling. She thought of Nick, and the look of pain in his eyes. She closed her eyes and picked up her cell phone to text him. She typed out the text.

Hey. What are you up to?

She stared at it before erasing it and texting June instead.

Hey, miss me?

June's response was almost instant.

Not really. :P You abandoned me. lol jk can't talk about to go out to eat with Nick. ttyl

Once more Delilah sighed and turned on her side closing her eyes hoping to fall asleep.
Later on that evening she adjusted her make up and her dress. She had picked out a black long sleeve off the shoulder lace dress, that went down mid thigh. She paired it with black pumps, and her hair was done in a low up do. There was a knock on the bedroom door, then Max walked in wearing black dress pants and a white button up shirt. The top button was un done. She walked out of the bathroom grabbing her new pea coat and silver clutch purse. "Ready?"

He stared at her, the corner of his mouth turning up, "You look amazing."

She felt her cheeks warm up, "Thank you."

He walked up to her, putting his hand on her waist kissing her softly."We should head out."

She nodded as she looked at his full lips, then pulled him down for another kiss.

He groaned, "Come on, lets go before I decide we need to stay in again tonight."

She laughed as he took her hand and her coat and they headed out. When they stepped in the elevator they noticed they were alone. He pulled her in to him as he leaned back on the wall. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. She slipped her tongue in her mouth and he pulled her tighter. Just then the elevator digned and she pulled away as the doors opened. Jeremy and Trish walked in, noticing Max's red mouth they both smirked. Trish was wearing a cream colored dress that huged her body and went down to her knees, and Jeremy was dressed like Max. Delilah smiled up Max as she intertwined her fingers with his and leaned on his shoulder, slightly embarassed.

When they reached the lobby they took multiple cabs to the restaurant. They shared a cab with Max's sister Serena, who was also 28. She was on her cell phone the whole ride. Max and Delilah sat quietly talking about their plans after dinner while holding hands. He rubbed his thumb along her hand, bringing back memories from the night when Nick did the same thing while they were watching American Horror Story. She tried to push away thoughts of him and concetrated on Max.

At dinner they conversed about Delilah's career and Max's opportunity to become partner in his law firm. Then Serena leaned in to Delilah, "So you were married to Nick Carter?"
Delilah's eyes widened as the rest of the table looked over at her. Max glared at his sister, "Serena."

She laughed as she drank her wine, "What? No one said it was off limits."

Teresa looked at Delilah, "So you were married in the past?"

Once more Serena laughed and rolled her eyes, "Yea mom to a Backstreet Boy." Then turned to Delilah and smirked, "What was that like?"

Delilah smiled politely, "Complicated." Then she looked down at her lap.

Serena watched her, then quickly changed the subject, "So I quit my job!" That led to a discussion about her life.

Max turned to Delilah, "I am so sorry about that. She over heard our conversation on the phone."

"It's fine. No worries." She smiled.

The conversation got a little heated with Serena's announcement of not having a job that they decided to save it for later. Max's dad smoothed the conversation, "So what are you guys doing after dinner?"
"We're gonna head back to the hotel and probably turn in."

Teresa covered her yawn, "That sounds like a good idea."

Serena rolled her eyes, "You party poopers. I'm going to go clubbing."

In the elevator, Max brought his hand up to her shoulders and softly ran his fingers across her back. The gesture gave her chills, she glared at him not being able to do anything to retaliate since they shared the elevator with his family. The minute they exited on their floor, she pinned him to the wall and pressed her mouth on his. He laughed as she moved to his neck, where she knew she could get him. He put his hand on her lower back and turned them around to where he was pinning her against the wall. Once they reached their floor, she walked ahead of him flirtingly smiling as he chased her to the room. Inside he pinned her against the door kissing her hard. He moved his mouth to her neck then her shoulders, "This dress is extremely hot on you, it was driving me crazy during dinner."

She laughed throwing her head back and leaning in to him, "I see that." She pulled away and lead him in to the bedroom. She turned away from him, "Unzip me?"

Out of breath he watched her from behind then smiled as he slowly unzipped her dress. His fingers light grazing her back on their way down, running chills down her arms. The dress fell to the floor and she turned around faced him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down on the bed.
Chapter 22 by TatianaM
Sunday night they decided to go dancing at a restaurant that had a dance floor and played music such as Sinatra, Buble, and he stuff.

After they finished their dinner, and a few glasses of wine, Max pulled Delilah onto the dance floor as Michael Buble's Come On Dance with Me came on. He walked with her then pulled her close in one quick flick of his wrist. She laughed ash she put her hand on his shoulder and off they went. 1..2..step step 1...2..step step, with a turn and a small dip max had her moving through the room.

Impressed she exclaimed, "Oh my God you can dance!"

He laughed, "Kind of."

His mom had danced by and laughed, "Kind of? Please! I used to run a dance studio and he would be in class almost every day practicing!"

"Mooom, it was to impress the girls!"

Delilah giggled, "Well it worked!" He raised his eyebrows and swept her away.

The night was spent laughing over table with plenty of food and tons to drink. Delilah danced with Max and his dad both impressing on the floor. During the song “I Won’t Dance” by Michael Buble and Jane Monheit, Max pulled Delilah to the floor once more. She sang along with Jane’s part, and Max smiled, “I like listening to you sing. I wish I could sing with you on Wednesdays.”

She smiled, “I’m sure you are a lovely singer as you are a lovely dancer.”

He laughed, “Oh no, I am definitely tone deaf. I can just dance.” She tilted her head to the side a bit and raised her eyebrows. He laughed and shrugged, and started singing with Michael Buble.

He exaggerated his voice a bit making her laugh, “Okay I agree, you can’t hold a note.” He laughed with her hold her close and moving around the room.

When the song ended they decided it was time to head back to the hotel. Max dropped her off kissing her softly, “I can’t stay tonight. The weather is suppose to be bad tomorrow and I know I won’t be able to make it out to the office if I stay. But I will be back Tuesday after work, I have a surprise for you.” He said it all so fast that he didn’t give her a chance to be upset about him not staying, before she was too excited for her surprise. They kissed goodnight and he left.

The next day was not very exciting for her. It snowed all day, causing her to stay in and watch Netflix on her laptop with Dobby at her side. It wasn’t until around 6 PM when there was a knock on her door that her evening got slightly more exciting.

She was surprised to see Serena at the door, with a bottle of wine. “Serena, hi. Come in.” Serena walked in smiling and ride behind her was Trish, which really threw Delilah off. “What’s going on?”

Serena plopped down on the couch, “I was chatting with Trish about your relationship with Nick.”

Delilah swallowed hard, trying to keep her face expressionless at the sound of his name. “Yea?”

“Well I asked Trish if she knew if he had written any songs about you. Trish said she didn’t know, so we called up June.”

Trish sat down looking at Delilah cautiously, “June asked Nick and she gave us a list of songs that you influenced. We haven’t listened to them yet, and were wondering if you wanted to join in.”

Delilah had never thought about the music that came after her. She never even wondered if he wrote about her. She bit the inside of her lip as she thought, then she went over to the small fridge. “Curiosity is getting the best of me, but I think I will need something a little stronger than wine.”

Serena smiled as she walked over to the radio and synced up her phone. They sat on the couches around the fire place, “Ok, do you want to listen to just those song? Trish mentioned that you hadn’t heard any of their music after you guys split. I have their whole discography.”

Delilah’s heart was beating fast in her chest, she took in a breath and held it for a second before blowing it out. She brought the cup of whiskey up to her mouth and nodded, “Let’s listen to it all. I haven’t heard anything after Black & Blue.”

Serena nodded, “Okay first we have Never Gone. He said the songs that he had some influence in Just Want You To Know, I Still, Climbing The Walls. He mention that it doesn’t say on the track info that he helped write those because he never wanted you to find out. We will go in track order ok?” She looked at her for confirmation. Delilah nodded and the music started.

The beautiful piano began and AJ’s voice traveled around the room. Delilah smiled, she loved his rasp. When Nick started singing, her heart sank. She chugged the rest of the whiskey in her cup, “It’s going to be a little hard.”

Serena moved on to the next song, the first song that had her in it. The song started off with Nick’s voice low, giving her chills down her arms. The melody was strong but not too much of a drab. The next song was where it hurt, as she listened to Crawling Back To You, tears trickled down her face. Without many words, they listened to the rest of the album in snippets. Only really listing to the songs she had influenced. They ordered in some food and ate. Delilah didn’t go into too much detail about her relation with Nick but she did explain their break up, leaving out that he cheated and that she had had a miscarriage. Just told her that they had drifted apart at such a young age,

After they ate, they pulled up the next album. “June said he said that as the years went by, he still thought of you and would input some material in their Unbreakable album that came out in 2007. The songs in this one were Happily Never After, Something That I Already Know, Trouble Is.”

Feeling a little dizzy, Delilah leaned her head back on the couch. Serena picked her phone back up and pushed play. Brian’s voice was so soft, but the words hit Delilah hard.

“I don’t think I want this anymore As she drops her ring to the floor. She says to her self you’ve left before But this time you will stay gone that’s for sure”

She sat up, her heart beating fast.

“And he shouted something else She dragged her suitcase down the path The driveway, she had never gone that far Normally this would be the time that she Would let him talk her out of leaving But this time without crying, as she got into her car”

She put her hand over her mouth as her bottom lip quivered. Nick was singing what had happened that day, when she left. She tried to hold in a small sob as it made its way up her throat.

“She said no Happily ever after, That just aint for me Because finally I know, I deserve better after all I’ll never let another tear drop fall.”

Serena moved to the phone to turn it off but Delilah shook her head, “No its ok I’m fine, I want to hear the rest.” With a concerned look on her face Serena nodded and put the phone back down.

Trish moved over to Delilah and wrapped her arm around her. Delilah sat there silently listening to the rest of the song, letting tears make their way down.

I can’t believe he used that in the song.

When the song ended, Serena handed her a tissue, “Did that happen?”

Delilah nodded, “Just the beginning, about the suitcase and I actually did state that I didn’t want a happily never after.”

They didn’t push too much just let the rest of the album play. Delilah picked up Serena’s phone and looked at the album cover. She rubbed her finger across Nick’s picture as she sat there listening. The other songs didn’t affect her as much, some of them she actually really enjoyed.

Trish sat up, “Nick said that he didn’t use anymore material after he found Happily Never After hard to perform.” She looked at her watch, “It’s getting late, I’m heading out.”

Serena nodded as she got up too, “Thanks for being a good sport and listening to our curiosity.” She hugged Delilah, which surprised her. Delilah smiled as she hugged her back and then walked them out.

She walked back in to the bedroom and pulled up the last two albums on her computer and listened to them. She then decided to download all the albums onto her iPhone. She placed the phone next to her head, playing the music and fell asleep.
The next evening Max had called her not giving away too much information on his surprise date. All he said was dress nice but comfortable. When he picked her up, he was in jeans and a blue v-neck tshirt with a black jacket.

She put her arm through his and they headed out. Once in the cab he handed her an envelope and looked at her excitingly. She opened it up and took out two tickets to see Maroon 5 in the VIP Section. She gasped, “Oh my God! Max!” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, “This is so amazing! Thank you!”

He laughed, “As long as you don’t run off with Levine, I hope you have a blast!”

She laughed throwing her head back, “I don’t know that may be difficult for me. If he asks I can’t say I will walk away.” She giggled as he played hurt.

When they arrived they were escorted backstage. Delilah tingled with excitement as they waited for the band to show up. Adam walked in wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. Delilah’s eyes widened as she looked at him. Max reached out his hand, “Hey man I’m Max this is Delilah. Thanks again for taking a moment to greet us. She’s a huge fan.”

Adam smiled at him as he shook Max’s hand,“ Oh man its not problem at all.” Then he turned to her and saw her excitement and laughed, “Wow come here.” She walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She nearly melted in his arms.

“It is so nice to meet you.” She beamed, he laughed again.
He pointed to a couch, “Sit down. Something to drink? Water, Soda, Long island Ice Tea, Tequila? ”

Max laughed, “Are you trying to get my girlfriend drunk?”

Adam also laughed, Delilah nervously laughed, "Long Island Ice tea sounds great actually."

Adam nodded and said something to a guy passing by. Max's eyes widened, "Delilah!" She shrugged, he then looked around, "Where's the bathroom?"

Adam pointed, "Down the hall." Then he turned to Delilah, "So big fan?"

She nodded, "Yes! I love your music. Stutter and Love Somebody are my favorite songs. I also love your cover of Prince's Kiss! It's so sexy. I've never seen you guys live before!" She blushed a little when she said that.

He laughed, "Yea? I'll play that for you tonight. Marcus says you guys are up front VIP." He grinned real big for her, "Do you want to tour backstage?" He held his hand out to her as he stood up. Her eyes lit up as she stood up, she bit her lip. He pulled on her bottom lip, "Don't do that."

Her mouth dropped open a little bit, and she blushed. He started towards the door with her hand in his. Max walked back in and looked down at their hands.

She smiled, "I told you to beware if he asked." His eyes widened and she laughed, "we are going to tour backstage. Come on."

Adam stood by confused at their inside joke then held out his other hand, "Wanna hold my hand too Max?"

"No I'm good."

They toured the dressing rooms, watched a little soundcheck they did, then headed to their seats to enjoy the show.
Chapter 23 by TatianaM
Thursday morning while waiting for Max to get out of the shower, Delilah laid in bed on the phone with June.
"I can't believe you got to meet him! Is he just as sexy in person?"

In the background, Nick said, "Who met who?"

"Delilah met Adam Levine from Maroon 5 the other night."

Delilah's heart beat a bit faster hearing his voice even if it was from far away. "What did he say?"

"He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Anyway what's he like?"

Bummed that Nick didn't say anything else, Delilah explained to June her encounter with Adam and the concert and how he performed Kiss to her.

Max came out, dressed for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade wearing jeans, worker boots, a blue sweater with a white button up underneat, collar sticking out over the top. "I'm going to go grab breakfast while you get ready." He kissed her as she made her way to the bathroom.
After her shower, she put on her under wear and started her iphone music. She danced around the room the room after putting her make up on. Her outfit laid out on the bed, dark skinny jeans, and a fitted long beige sweater. Brown boots that come up to the knees, with beigh boot socks with a bow on the top. She danced, to Plain White T's Broken Record, in her undies and her hair down in loose curls. Max walked in and smiled, he set down the coffees and walked over her slipping his hands around her waist."You need to get dressed, before I just cancel all plans today and spend the day in bed with you."

She laughed throwing her arms around his neck, "I have worked too hard on this hair and make up to let you do that." She started dancing again, and he growled softly as he kissed her neck. She pulled away, "Alright alright I'm going." She grabbed her jeans and slipped them on.

Once they were dressed, they headed out to the lobby to meet up with his family. Max had gotten good seats for the parade, which made it easy so they didn't have to go camp out in the street.
She sat down with her coffe in hand to wait for the parade. The weather was beautiful but cold, so they were all wearing coats and beanies. Max wrapped his arm around her shoulder,"So how are you liking New York?"

She smiled, "I love it. I can't believe I hadn't made it out here yet."

"Can you see yourself living here?"

This question caught her off guard, "Um, I." She didn't know how to answer.

He smiled, leaning in to kiss. Then he turned away and started a conversation with Jeremy. She sat there trying to think of the answer to his question.

Shortly after the parade started and they paid attention to the activities infront of them.

After the parade, Max's parents picked up a turkey from a restaurant and the rest of them headed over to Max's apartment to make sides. Max and Delilah swung by the hotel to pick up Dobby.

Delilah walked in to his loft looking around seeing everything so neat and clean. He placed a hand on her back as he walked her to the window, "What do you think?"

She looked out onto the busy streets, "Wow, very bachelor-padish." She giggled as she looked over at the white couches, with black lamps. The huge white brick fireplace in the corner was being lit by Jeremy. "It's definitely different than living on the beach."

Serena gawked, "You live on the beach?"

Delilah nodded,"Yep, you should come visit some time. You might like small town life."

She opened a bottle of wine and starte serving everyone as they gathered around the island in the kitchen. Trish shook her head, "No thank you."

Delilah eyed her suspiciously,"But it's your favorite."

Trish smiled, "I'm good, thanks." Quickly changing the subject, "Okay so Max you get the green bean casserole, Jeremy you make the macaroni. Serena you get the salad. Delilah you are on dessert duty of course, and I will make the dressing. Ready go! " They dispersed

to get their ingredients. Delilah decided to make a chocolate mousse cake on graham cracker crust. She started smashing the crackers, and eyeballing Trish. You love wine, what are you hiding?
Trish could feel her watching so she shook her head, pleading for her to just drop it. By the time their parents arrived with the turkey, they were finishing up the sides. Around 7PM they all sat down to eat dinner together.

After everyone left, Max turned to Delilah, "What do you want to do tonight?" She pulled him over to the couch and sat in his lap, kissing his cheek and then his neck. He pulled her back, "I see. In that case we are going to need more wine. I'll be back." He walked into his room.

She sat on the couch and looked out the window, it had started snowing. She smiled and watched it drizzle down.

He came back in with a handfull of fluffy comforters and pillows. He dropped them on her as he moved the table from the middle of the room. He then went to grab the wine and the large wine glasses, turning off the lights so that the light came from the fire place. Dobby laid next to the couch, sleepng peacefully.

She laid out the comforters and the pillows, then moved down to the floor to lay infront of the fire. He poured her a glass of Roscato and then sat next to her. She sipped her wine and smiled as he started kissing her neck.

She put her glass on the table and laid back pulling him with her.

The next morning they laid on the floor wrapped up in blankets when Max's phone rang. He groaned as he reached over and answered it. Not saying much, but letting out a few grunts and "mmhmms" before hanging up. "I have to go into the office."

She wrapped her arms around his torso, "Noooooo."

He laughed as he hugged her back kissing her forehead, "Want me to take you to the hotel? Or do you want to hang out here? I am not sure how long I'll be."

She sighed, "I guess we'll head back to the hotel."

"I will try not take long. What do you want to do tomorrow being your last day in New York?"

She thought for a while, "Maybe we can go to the Empire State Building or see the Statue of Liberty?"

He nodded as he sat up, "Sounds good."

He took her back to her hotel, where she crawled back in to bed and fell asleep. Around noon she got up and showered putting on some yoga pants, and a tank top. Then there was a loud knock on her door, she ran over to it as it sounded urgent. She opened the door surprised to find Max there with a huge grin on his face. "Max, what in the world? I thought you were going to be in later!"

He grabbed her face and kissed it, "You got your bakery back."

Her eyes widened, "What? How?"

He laughed as he grabbed her hand leading her to the couch. "I went back to the county and asked for the original survey of the land. They told me that the original had been burned in a fire, and that it had to be redrawn. I asked about the copy...they always make a copy in case the original was destroyed. So they told me that the copy was put away in a box in the state library, and that if I wanted to search for it box by box, I would be more than welcome to. I hired someone to search box by box and they found the survey. On this original survey all the land your bakery is on, is one. In fact, it even includes a section of Kennison's land! I sent it over to the ruling judge that is dealing with this whole ordeal and to Kennison's layer and it just came back stating it's clear! You have your bakery back!"

She threw her arms around his neck and pushed him into the couch, "Max you are the best!" She kissed him.

He hugged her back, "I have to get back to the office, we are having a big meeting this afternoon. I will be back tonight for celebratory dinner!"

She pulled away and nodded, not being able to stop grinning."I can't thank you enough." Her eyes quickly filling with tears.

He scooped her face up with both hands, "Hey hey hey, its ok. Everything is ok now." He kissed her, "I'll be back."

She excitedely started dialing out to June, then Trish, then Andy, her mom, etc.
She turned up her music and started dancing around in the living room with Dobby. Later on in the evening, she got dressed to go out with Max on the celebratory dinner. He walked in to the room with a serious look on his face.

Concerned she walked over to him, "Max? What's wrong?"

Not looking at her he stood infront of him, "I got partner."

She let out a laugh, "That's great news! Hunny why aren't you happy? I thought that's what you wanted?"

He nodded,"It is. I've wanted this for so long."

"Then I don't understand."

He finally looked at her, "Being partner means I have to put more time in at the office. Like a lot. No more going away for the week or even a weekend. I have so many responsibilities now that I don't think I will have time for anything else." She pulled back as she deciphered what he was saying. He stepped forward, "Delilah I'm sorry." They sat quiet for a while, then he looked at her with a hint of hope, "Stay here. Open up a bakery in New York."

She opened her mouth to say something, but couldn't say anything. She shook her head, then looked away.

He laughed sadly, "I knew it would be a long shot, worth a try."

She placed her hand on his cheek,"I care about you, so much. But New York isn't for me."

Her bottom lip quivered as she thought about their relationship ending. He reached over and brought her to him wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

She let a tear roll down as she buried her face in his chest,"Can we stay in tonight? Maybe tomorrow too?"

He nodded.
Chapter 24 by TatianaM
Delilah laid in bed the next morning wapped around Max. The night before they just went straight to sleep. She felt his breathing change as he woke up. When she looked at him, he was looking up at the ceiling. She sighed then got up, "I'm going to shower." He nodded without looking at her, his eyes glazed over, deep in thought. She felt the corners of her mouth pull down, then quickly removed the expression from her face as she crawled back on the bed turning his face towards hers. She kissed him hard, he brought his hand up to her neck softly at first. Then he grabbed her with his other hand and brought her over him to where she was straddling him. She had both her hands on his face now kissing him fiercely. He slipped into her making her moan into his mouth.
Later on in the morning, they ordered breakfast. Neither one wanting to get out of bed and refusing to think about this being the last day they have together.

He brushed hair out her face as she laid on his chest,"Are you sure you don't want to go visit the Empire State building?"

She nodded looking up at him, "I want to stay here all day and night until it's time to go to the airport tomorrow."

He smiled sadly and kissed her again gently pushing her on her back and positioning himself on top.

Most of the day was spent, dozing in and out of sleep, watching movies, and having sex.

That evening they had dinner on the balcony. They watched the lights of the buildings, the cars going by. He smiled teasingly, "You sure you don't want to live here?"

She laughed, "Oh geez, I don't know if I could handle it. This like would probably drive me insane!" She bit the inside of her lip, "What's wrong with long-distance? Why can't we try that?"

He sighed and looked down at his plate, then he moved his chair closer, "I don't think long-distance relationships are fair." He cupped her face in his hands, "I believe that you deserve to be pleasured all the time, not just occasionally when I can find time to go down there. It isn't fair, you deserve the best and I just can't give that to you."

She pouted and held on to his hands at the wrist, "Why can't I be the judge of what's best for me?"

He laughed and kissed her, "Because you are blinded by what you think you want right now. You will regret it, then resent me, and this will end badly. I prefer to end it now, on good terms." He leaned forward and brought her on his lap.
The next morning, they rode with Jeremy and Trish to the airport. At the airport, Max stood infront of her. She held on to his waist as he brushed her hair back looking down at her. He kissed her, "Delilah, it has been a pleasure."

She giggled as she wrapped her arms around him. When she pulled back a tear rolled down her cheek, "It really has."

He wiped it with her thumb, "Good luck with the bakery."

She smiled, "Thank you for helping me with that. I couldn't have done it without you. Well I didn't do anything, it was all you soooo thank you. Good luck with the partnership." He kissed her once more before she turned away and boarded the plane.

Jeremy and Trish had heard what happened and did not pry. When she was home she dropped her bags and went to her bedroom plopping down on the bed.

June walked in about two hours later, "Delilah?"
"In here."

She found her still in bed resting her face on her hand, "Hi sweetie."

Delilah tried not to laugh, "I see you talked to Trish."

"Yea she told me what happened. I am so sorry D."

Delilah sat up leaning against the headboard, "It stinks, because I am sad, but I am also extremely happy that I got my bakery back. Ya know? I can't process both emotions at the same time so I am just blah right now." She laughed.

June moved over next to her and wrapped her arm around her. They sat in silence for a while. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. How was your thanksgiving with Nick?"

June rolled her eyes, "We didn't get to go into town. Thanks to him we spent it with Mrs. Pinkerton and her family."

Delilah laughed, "Why? That's random."

"Because Nick is dating Lacy." She said in a matter of fact manner.

Delilah tried to hide the surprise in her face, "Mrs. P's granddaughter?Since when?"

June realized she had left that out, "I meant to tell you earlier in the week. Lacy came in to see Mrs. Pinkerton and she met Nick and since they are both from LA they hit it off. Been hanging out all week."

Delilah shook her head, "That's weird. Lacy is so..."

"Trashy? Fake? Uppidy?"

Delilah laughed as she nodded, "All of the above." She sighed, "Do me a favor, don't tell Nick about me and Max, please. I don't need his pity right now."

June nodded, "You got it dude."

Later on in the evening Delilah went to the bakery to clean up and get it ready for the next morning. She plugged her iphone in to the speakers and shuffled her playlist while she swept. Permanent Stain by the guys came on, and since she had been jamming to them all week she knew the song by heart. She bounced around the room singing along and dancing. During Nick's break down she stopped and held the broom like a microphone. She sang passionately into it, the way he does when he is on stage."You aaaaaaaaare the piece I can't replace, You leeeeeeeft a mark that won't erase." She spun around and saw him standing at the door, his arms crossed, leaning against the frame with an amused look on his face. She gasped loudly, "JEEESUS NICK DON'T DO THAT!"

This caused him to laugh loudly, "I'm sorry! You were so into it."

She walked over to the radio and turned it down, holding her chest trying to calm her nerves, "Yea well I studied you well all those years, you know. All passion up there." She flashed a smile at him.

Faking surprise, "That was suppose to be me?" She laughed, causing him to smile, "So how was New York?" He walked over to a stool and sitting down.

She leaned on the broom, "I was fun. Its beautiful up there this time of year!" He nodded, without saying anything, so she took this opporunity to apologize, "Nick, I am sorry about what I said the other day."

He shook his head, "Oh God, please don't apologize, I shouldn't have assumed you'd be ok with all that information. What kind of idiot thinks thats a good way to fix a relationship." He laughed, squeezing his eyes shut, pinching the bridge of his nose between his eyes with his thumb and finger. "I have done a lot of thinking this past week and I realized I am the one that needs to be sorry." She waved her hand, as if waiving off his apology, but he cut her off before she could say anything. "I'm leaving Delilah."

Surprise clear on her face, "Why?"

He smiled, "I have to go back and get ready for our Holiday radio tour. We head back Tuesday."

"We?"

He nodded, "Yea Lacy is heading back too. We are going to give it a shot back home. I might stay till Thursday morning, so I can do music night one more time."

She looked down at the floor, "Oh." Trying to think of something to say, but her mind couldn't wrap itself around it yet.

He stood up and sighed, "I better head back, I have dinner plans. Just wanted to stop by and say I'm glad you got the bakery back." She nodded trying to smile. He backed up towards the door, "Goodnight."

She sighed and continued cleaning, not in a jamming mood anymore.
Chapter 25 by TatianaM
The next morning, there was a big white board on the back door of the bakery with a note, "Made this for you Saturday when we heard about the bakery opening again! -June & Nick."

Delilah flipped the white board around and saw a breautifully drawn sign that read: "Lilah's Bakery Now Open...Again!!" She laughed and carried it to the front door and placed it on the window.
Later on in the day after the usual morning rush, June came in to the shop,"I know its only been a week but I missed this place! I then realized I don't have a life...I spend ALL day here."

Trish nodded in agreement, "You do spend an unsual amount of time here."

June stuck her tongue out at her, then turned to Delilah who was wiping the counter off singing along to the Glee version of Human Nature, "Hey hun, how you doing?"

Delilah smiled, "I am so happy right now."

June laughed, "I meant with the whole Max thing." Delilah glanced over at the corner of the shop, where Nick was at with Lacy eating pastries, lowering her voice, "I'm ok. He texted me earlier to wish me luck with the bakery. It was sweet."

Then she went back to singing along with the music. June turned and glanced at Nick and Lacy and rolled her eyes, "Ugh, those two are getting on my nerves!"

Mrs. Pinkerton scoffed, "You? I can't get her out soon enough. Those two scuking face like teenagers gets nausiating!"

June laughed a little too loud while Delilah groaned, "Oh Mrs. P, that is just mean, now I have a mental picture!"

Trish shook her head as she wiped her hands on her apron, "Well she leaves tomorrow right? Only one more day."

Mrs. Pinkerton shook her head, "NOT soon enough. That's all I'm going to say." She got off her stool and walked by Nick and Lacy griping at them to get a room.

Delilah's mouth dropped, then she tried to hold in her laugh as Nick blushed and looked over at her. June laughed once again loudly, while Trish crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow in disgust.

Lacy rolled her eyes, "Wow thanks grams." Nick moved his chair back a bit feeling awkward.

Mrs. Pinkerton smacked the back of her arm, "Come on child, I need you to take me in to town to get my meds."

Lacy let out a slow breath and turned to Nick, kissing him bye and heading out with Mrs. Pinkerton.
Delilah, June and Trish quickly turned away making themselves busy as Nick back at them, smirking.

He walked over and sat on the stool next to June who was concentrating a little too hard on the cupcakes on display.

"Why do I feel like you, had something to do with that?" He faced June.

Delilah shook her head smiling, "Nope, Mrs. P was the one who brought it up. Her tirade not June's."

She winked at June who smiled, "Thank you Delilah. I am hurt you would even suggest that Nickolas." He laughed and threw his arm around her shoulder, she smiled and stated in a matter of fact manor, "Your gonna miss me."

He nodded but didn't say anything.

Later on in the evening, one of the college students, Trevor, came to Delilah, "Hey Delilah."
She recognized him as one of Colbie's friends and smiled, "Hey Trevor. What can I do for ya?"

He ran a nervous hand through his hair, "I was hoping you could do me a favor."

"Okay?"
He sat on a stool, "I've heard you sing before during the music nights and I was hoping you could sing a duet with me for Colbie. I want to impress her."

Delilah smiled, "Of course! That is super sweet! What do you have in mind?"

He immediately perked up, "I heard this song on your playlist the other day that I just liked. It was a mix of You Drive me Crazy by Britney Spears and Aerosmith's Crazy, but on just accoustic guitar."

"OH I love that, its from Glee!"

He blushed, "Yea I know, only reason why I almost didn't go for it but I really like the way it sounds. I've learned the cords to it and I just need a singing partner."

"I would be honored to sing with you for Colbie." She smiled warmly.

"Great! Thank you so much!" With that he walked out the door.

Trish leaned over, "That is so cute!"

"I know!"

Just then Zach walked up to her, "Did Trevor just say he was going to sing to Colbie?"
Delilah looked at Trish, then at Zach, "Uh..."

Zach shook his head sadly and walked away. Trish watched him walk out, "What was that all about?"

Delilah shrugged and shook her head, "Drama drama drama."


Wednesday Night's crowd was very lively, more people were up for performing which made it easy for Delilah to handle the counter only having to worry about her own planned performances. Trevor signaled for her to come on with him, she took a seat on the stool next to him. He sat his guitar infront of him and spoke into the mic,"This song goes out to Colbie." He cleared his throat and started strumming the guitar.





Delilah:
Baby, I'm so into you
You got that somethin, what can I do
Baby, you spin me around
The Earth is movin, but I can't feel the ground

Trevor:
That kinda lovin'
Turns a man to a slave
That kinda lovin'
Sends a man right to his grave

Trevor & Delilah:
You know I'm crazy crazy, crazy for you baby
crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby

Trevor:
Tell Me, you're so into me
That i'm the only one you will see

Delilah:
Tell me, i'm not in the blue (Trevor:Oooh)
That I'm not wastin, my feelings on you

Trevor:
Every time I look at you

Trevor & Delilah:
My heart is jumpin, what can I do?
You drive me crazy,

Trevor:
Crazy (Delilah: I just cant sleep)

Trevor & Delilah:
Crazy I'm in too deep
You know I'm crazy

Trevor:
Crazy (Delilah: but it feels alright)

Trevor & Delilah:
Baby Thinkin of you keeps me up all night
You know I'm crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby
crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby

When they finished the song, Colbie ran up and wrapped her arms around Trevor's neck. Delilah smiled as she walked off the stage.
Nick took the stage after them, "Wait Delilah don't go just yet." She stopped and looked back surprised. He patted the stool next to him, "Come do this song with me."
She walked back onto the stage and sat down, looking at him curiously as he started strumming the acoustic version of Human Nature that Glee did. She let out a small gasp and grined.
Delilah:
Looking out
Across the nighttime
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear his voice
Shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

Nick:
Get me out
Into the nighttime
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

Nick and Delilah:
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, (Deillah: does he do me that way)
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

Nick:
Reaching out
To touch a stranger

Nick and Delilah:
Electric eyes are everywhere

Nick:
See that girl
She knows I'm watching
She likes the way I stare

Nick and Delilah:
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way

Delilah:
I like livin' this way
Nick:
I like lovin' this way

Delilah:
Oh why
Oh why

Delilah:
Looking out
Across the morning
Where the city's heart begins to beat
Reaching out
I touch his shoulder

Nick and Delilah:
I'm dreaming of the street

If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

Delilah:
I like livin' this way

Nick:
I like lovin' this way

Delilah:
Oh why
Oh why

Nick and Delilah:
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why.

The room clapped and Deillah smiled at Nick. She then headed to the counter to let Nick finish his set. He clapped in her direction, "Thanks Delilah! As many of you know, I am heading back to work tomorrow so this is my last night here." There were a few cries out in the crowd, and he smiled, "I know I know I'm sorry. I love you guys and I would stay here and play forever if I could. I'm going to do one of mine tonight, hope y'all like it." He started strumming his guitar.


Just one, just one
Just one, just one

Don't turn away, don't close the door
I couldn't take it
We've got find out for sure
Before there's no turning back

If this is a start of the end of the road
I've gotta ask before you go

If I could have just one kiss
If that's all it is, I know that it's over
If I could have just one kiss
If there's something more, we could start over

If I could have just on kiss
Just one
If I could have just one kiss
Just one

I've been a fool just standing by
Watching it comes to this
But now I'm here to stand and fight
For all the promises

If this is a start of the end of the road
I wouldn't back, I'd let you go

If I could have just one kiss
If that's all it is, I know that it's over
If I could have just one kiss
If there's something more, we could start over

If I could have just one kiss
Just one
If I could have just one kiss
Just one

We don't have to find a way forward
We just have to find what we missed
So what if we look like we're crazy
For hanging it all on this

Don't turn away, don't close the door

If I could have just one kiss
If that's all it is, I know that it's over
If I could have just one kiss
If there's something more, we could start over

If I could have just one kiss
Just one
If I could have just one kiss
Just one

After his set, Delilah went on to sing her song. "I think I'm going to bring down the mood but I love this song and wanted to share with you all." She sat down at the keyboard and changed the settings to piano.

Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind images
You sang me spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes clever trick

Well i'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be'

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street
You took my hand and danced with me in the shade
And when you left you kissed my lips
You told me you would never ever forget these images no
Well i'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be'

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind

So you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that easy to walk
Right in and out of my life'

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Why can't you just let me be'

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

She smiled at the applause she received, sneaking a glance at Nick who was looking at her with concern. His eyebrows furrowed. She was back at the counter when the next act came on stage, "This song goes out to Colbie."


Delilah turned around to see Zach on stage on the stool with an acoustic guitar. She looked over at Colbie who stood there with her mouth open. Trish leaned in to Delilah, "Uh-oh."

Zach signed and started playing a soft tune.




Oh, I built a world around you
Oh, you had me in a dream,
I lived in every word you said
The stars had aligned
I thought that I found you
And I don't wanna love somebody else


(Delilah looked down at her fingers, feeling as if the song was for her. She felt her lips curve down)


Oh, we left it all unspoken
Oh, we buried it alive
and now it's screaming in my head
Oh, I shouldn't go on hoping
Oh, that you will change your mind
and one day we could start again
Well I don't care if loneliness kills me
I don't wanna love somebody else


(She looked up and caught Nick looking at her. He didn't look away when they made eye contact. She closed her eyes and walked away.)


Oh, I thought that I could change you
Oh, I thought that we would be the greatest story that I tell
I know that it's time to tell you it's over
But I don't wanna love somebody else


Colbie looked at Zach and then at Trevor. June stood by her, "What are you going to do?"
"I have no idea."




Trish followed Delilah into the kitchen. "You ok?"

delilah sigghed and nodded, "Yea just a little overwhelmed. I think this weekend is cathing up to me." She wiped the tear that was threating to spill out of the courner of her eye.

Nick walked in with June, "I wanted to say bye to you guys."

June pouted and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Please keep in touch."

He nodded hugging her back, "Of course. Thanks for bringing me out here."

Trish began to cry, "I don't know why I am so upset. I'm sorry I can't help it. I hate goodbyes." She hugged him and he laughed surprised by her reaction.

Delilah looked at June with questioning eyes. June shook her head and pulled Trish's arm gently, "Trish dear, calm down." She led her out to the bakery to give Delilah and Nick a moment.

Delilah watched them walk away, "I don't know what is wrong with her. She has been acting strange lately."

NIck put his hands in his pocket and leaned against the counter, "Yea? Um...you ok?" She looked at him and nodded, "You sure? Because you sang a lovely sad song tonight."

"Oh, um, yea. Max and I called it quits."

His face showed shock, but was quickly covered by concern, "I'm sorry."

She shook her head smilling, "Don't be. Our careers are taking us iin different directions and its ok because we are both happy with the decision. Besides it like I can't rock being single." She laughed.

"You are amazing. I am so proud of how far you've come a long after what happened. I never imagined I would be back here talking to you years later, and seeing how much of an amazing beautiful woman you have become."

She blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear. "Nick,"

He continued, "Thank you for accepting me, even after everything that happened. I enjoyed this last month and a half so much. I am really going to miss you."

She laughed, "I am going to miss you too. I never thought I would say that. I never thought I'd see you again to be honest, much less be close to you again. Don't be a stranger, you are always welcome here."

He walked over to her, and stood infront of her. She stood on her tip toes wrapped her arms around his upper torso, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She felt tears trickle down her cheek causing her to sniffle. He let out a soft chuckle, but didn't say anything. After a few seconds of standing there, with her sniffling. He looked down at her, and brought her face up to meet him. He looked into her eyes then leaned down pressing his lips softly to hers. She closed her eyes and let him, kissing him back. When he pulled away, she felt her heart beat hard. He looked behind her, "Sorry."

"For what?"

He pointed with his head, "I am leaving you to explain to them."

She turned to see June and Trish watching from the door with their mouths open. Delilah turned back to Nick as he was reaching the back door.

"Bye Delilah."

She waved, "Bye Nick."
Chapter 26 by TatianaM
Author's Notes:
My apologies for the delay! I feel my story is coming to an end and I was trying to think of a way to keep it from ending but I can't! I already have ideas for two new ones.
Trish and June ran back in to the kitchen once Nick was out the door both talking at the same time.
"What the hell was that?"

"Did you just kiss him?"

"What does this mean?"

"Oh My God!"

Delilah let herself fall back on a stool and sighed, letting out a soft laugh. She opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again, not knowing how to even start explaining. Her cheeks feeling slightly warm.
"Why aren't you as in shock as we are?"

Delilah quickly hid her smile, "What do you mean?"

June's eyes lit up, "This isn't the first time!" She gasped as she saw Delilah smile coyly, "You slept with him!"

Trish's jaw dropped, "What? When?"

She put her hands up on her cheeks to hide the blush,"I- Well-" She laughed shaking her head, "Fine fine yes I slept with him." Neither girl said anything they just looked at her expectantly, eyebrows raised, "It happened that weekend we were rained in."

Trish crossed her arms, "You cheated on Max?"

"Not that time, Max and I weren't official yet."

"That time? There was another?"

Delilah nodded, "Yes, the night we had the American Horror Story viewing. I didn't mean to cheat! I felt horrible about it."

June smiled excitedly, "So Max didn't fix that dry spell, Nick did."

Trish gasped, "Ohhhhhh dangit I can't even be mad at you for that, because its him!" Then she squinted her eyes and pointed her finger at her, "But had it been anyone else I would kill you for cheating on Max."

Delilah rolled her eyes, "Why are you people freaking out? He is leaving with Lacy."
June plopped down on the stool next to her, "You could keep him here you know." Delilah didn't say anything just looked at her confused,"That guy was so into you. You could literally ask him to stay and he would drop everything."

Delilah shook her head, "I couldn't do that. I am not sure I would want to hold him back. Besides, my head is not in the right place right now."


*Jump to Dec 18th 3 weeks later*

Delilah sat at the counter playing candy crush on her phone. Trish walked up to the counter dazed, Delilah stood up concerned, "Trish what's the matter?"

June, who also sat at the counter also messing with her phone, quickly made her way to the other side.

Trish kept walking in to the kitchen, both girls at her heels.

"Trish hunny you're scaring us."

Trish stopped and turned to them, "I'm pregnant."
June and Delilah's eyes widened, "Are we excited about this or bummed?"

Trish let out a laugh that sounded half like a sob half hysterical, "Oh Gosh, we are excited!"

June and Delilah both reacted athe same time letting out high pitched squeals and hugged then friend. "That makes so much sense! You've been tired, emotional, cranky!" The girls laughed.




A couple hours later Delilah's cell pone rang. She smiled, "Hi there!"

"You are never going to believe where we are right now." The soft raspy familiar voice said.
"AJ you know I hate guessing games."

He laughed, "Okay okay buzzkill. We are in Houston."

"What? Why?" She sat at the stool.

"We are playing our last Christmas show here tonight. So you know I couldn't be in Houston without saying hi to your mom right?"

She laughed, "I wonder why she hasn't called me yet!"
"She said she would later from the concert."

Delilah gasped, "She is going to the concert! I'm jealous!"
AJ laughed, "Yea, hooked her up with some tickets."

"Did you go alone?"

He paused, knowing what she was really asking. "No Nick didn't go with me. I offered and he said he'd rather not."

"Yea I doubt my dad has let go of what happened."

Just then she could hear his voice in the background of AJ's call."Come on we gotta go! Who are you talking to?"

Her heart started racing. She could hear AJ, "Lilah." Her heart pounded faster. She closed her eyes picturing him. There were some mumbles in the background, then the AJ came back on the phone, "Hey babe I gotta go. It was nice talking to you. Take care love you!"

She pouted, she hadn't talked to Nick since he left 3 weeks ago. June walked it, "Hey toots what's wrong?"

"Nothing just thinking."

"Don't hurt yourself." June laughed at herself.

Mrs. Pinkerton walked in a little giddier, "Oh my word ladies, my granddaughter is getting married."

June looked at Delilah with wide eyes, Delilah's stomach sank. Thats why AJ got all quiet with Nick.

June's eyebrow furrowed when she noticed the look on Delilah's face, "Lacy?"
Mrs. P sat down and started looking at the menu, as if she didn't already have it memorized. "Uh-huh! Best news I've heard all day! She is getting married and moving to France, never to bother me again."

Confusion set in now for both June and Delilah. Mrs. P looked up at both girls and laughed, "Oh for crying out loud ladies! She isn't marrying y'alls boyfriend!"

Both girls let out a sigh of relief. June shook her head, "I was about to pick up the phone and reach through and smack him!"
Delilah laughed along and Mrs. Pinkerton cackled, "You should hav seen the look on your faces!" She let out another loud laugh, causing the other customers to look over.

"That was not nice Mrs. P."

Once she caught her breath, "Oooh that was good. Hunny gimme my usual please."

Delilah walked over and grabbed the blueberry muffin and started on her coffe while listening.

"No child Lacy dumped Nick a few days after they went back. Said he wouldn't give her the attention she wanted. Found herself a rich French man and is now engaged."

June smiled, "So Nick is single again?"

She wiggled her eyebrows at Delilah who shook her head and walked away.
That evening during music night, Delilah took the stage for just one song. She sat on the stool with an acoustic guitar and the mic stand, "This is I never told you."




I miss those blue eyes, how you kiss me at night
I miss the way we sleep
Like there's no sunrise, like the taste of your smile
I miss the way we breathe

But I never told you what I should have said
No, I never told you, I just held it in

((Colbie leaned over to Trish, "aww she probably misses Max."

Trish shook her head, "Max has green eyes." She turned and smiled at June who was holding her phone up recording.))

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe that I still want you
And after all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you without you

I see your blue eyes every time I close mine
You make it hard to see
Where I belong to when I'm not around you
It's like I'm not with me

But I never told you what I should have said
No, I never told you, I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe that I still want you
After all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you without you

But I never told you what I should have said
No, I never told you, I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe that I still want you
After all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you without you


When she finished she walked over to the whispering girls. "What?"

Colbie still confused, "I thought Max has green eyes."

Delilah looked at her, "He does." Then she realized what she was asking, "Oh, um the song says blue eyes, wasn't going to change it." She snuck a glance at the other two who were hiding smiles. The door chimed alerting them to someone coming in.

Trish saw him, "Max!"

Delilah spun around wide eyed. He walked over bits of snow in his hair, and stubble on his chin. "Hi." She smiled.

He flashed her a big smile, "Hi."

"What are you doing here? Jeremy didn't mention you coming in!"

He turned his attention to Trish, "Oh yea, I wanted to surprise him. So I went to your house but he wasn't home so I came here, figured I would find you here. When he told me this morning about the baby I was so excited so I requested the next few days to come down and celebrate. It was tough getting permission, which is strange because I am boss but still!" He laughed and reached out bringing her in his arms, "Congratulations. I am so excited." He murmured into her hair.

Colbie stared at him and then at Delilah with a huge grin on her face. Delilah looked at her confused and mouthed, "What?"

Colbie made small pointing gestures to Max and then to her and drew a heart in the air.
June shook her head angrily dismissing the idea, causing Delilah to turn her confused look at her. June smiled and shrugged.

Trish pulled away, wiping a tear, "These damn hormones have me so emotional. Let me go call Jeremy."

She walked away. June, Colbie, Max, and Delilah stood there in awkward silence. Colbie reacted first, "June come show me that thing you were going to show me."

June looked disgusted, "What thing?" Colbie rolled her eyes and pulled June away by the arm

Delilah laughed as Max leaned against the counter next to her. He crossed his arms across his chest and gave her a slight nudge. "How've you been?"

She brushed her hair out of her face, "Soooo busy, but in a good way. Business is still booming. I seriously picked up where I left off before we closed. Which once again I couldn't have done without you. What about you?"

He nodded, "That is good. I am so glad I could help and get you back up. Now that I think about it." He paused, pretending to think of something, "I should have just let this place stay shut down so you could stay in New York with me." He looked at her with his eyebrow raised and a smirk.

She gasped and smacked the back of his arm playfully. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, "I am kidding. I am glad you are back."

She laughed, "So big cheese, are you all business meetings and late nights now?"

He groaned and threw his head back, "Yes. I seriously didn't know how much I'd have to put in to working this partner thing!"

She smiled, "No time for the ladies then."

He let out a chuckle, "No unfortunately there isn't any time for he uh" He laughed again, "Ladies."

She laughed, "Are you blushing?"
He covered his mouth, wiping the edges of his mouth."It's a weird conversation to have with you."

She rolled her eyes, "Oh wow, we're both adults Max, we know how it works." She laughed.

Jeremy then walked in the door and Max motioned to him,"It was good seeing you."

Delilah nodded, "Yea it was." She watched the two brothers embraced and whisper to each other.
Chapter 27 by TatianaM
The Friday before Christmas, the bakery was closed to prepare for the Christmas Party Delilah was having Saturday night. Trish and Jeremy were hanging up decorations, while Trevor and Zach carried out some of the tables to Trevor's truck to make room. The door chimed as someone walked in, "Jesus it's cold out there."
Delilah stood at the counter with June going over where she wanted the chairs and looked up and smiled, "ANDY!"
Trish and June both looked at Delilah's best friend from Houston whom they had never met. Delilah ran over and threw her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist, bending slightly to her level.
"What are you doing here?"
He smiled as he stepped back, "Well I needed a break from work, and I decided, 'You know what? Delilah needs a visit.' so I booked the plane and headed this way." She beamed.
June stood behind her and cleared her throat. Causing Delilah to laugh, "OH Andy, these are my best friends here, Trish and her husband Jeremy, and June."
He laughed as he shook their hands, "Ah I've heard so much about y'all."
June laughed, "Oh God I hope not."
Andy smiled at her, "Ah June, the one who brought Nick back."
June smiled, "Indeed but you may or may not have heard that that actually turned out ok."
Delilah furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. She laughed, "So Andy how long are you staying?"
"A week hopefully. Since my trip was very spur of the moment, I haven't reserved my hotel. Do you recomend one?"
Delilah bit the inside of her lip, "There's Betsy's B&B, I would give you a small tour of the town but I have this Christmas Party to set up!"
June hooked her arm through his elbow, "I'll take him."
Andy smiled down at her, "Oh I don't want to be a bother."
"No bother at all." She lead him to the door, then she ran back to Delilah, "You didn't marry this one too did you?"
Before Delilah could say anything she laughed and ran off leaving her with her mouth open.
That Saturday night the Bakery looked like a reception hall. There were white strips of lights going from one side of the room to another, joining in the middle of the room. There was a few strands of Mistle toe hidden around the room. The chairs were pushed back on the wall, with a few 2 person tables. The stage had a little extension added to include a band. The lights were dimmed so that the light strips were the only thing lighting up the room. The town was buzzing inside Lilah's, who actually hired someone to tend to the food and beverages so she could enjoy her party.
Delilah was wearing a long flowy black and white skirt, with a white teshirt. Her hair was braided to the left, and her bangs pinned back in a poof. She looked over at June and Andy talking over drinks and smiled. Mrs Pinkerton walked over to her, "Quite the party dear."
Delilah nodded and she looked around proudly, "Yes, I am excited that it turned out well. I was nervous with it being the first ever."
"Are you going to have music night?"
"Yep tonight will be our music night since we are closed Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I already have a line up for tonight."
Mrs. P smiled, "I love music night, it was such a good idea."
Delila turned to her, "Yep. Wish I could take credit for it but it wasn't my idea. Nick came up with it and set it all up."
Mrs. nodded, "Smart kid. He did you good." Delilah was taken back by her comment, which she then clarified smirking, "This place is much more lively."
Andy walked over, leaned on the counter. "D this place looks great! I can't believe I hadn't been out here before."
She playfully nudged him, "I know, I don't know how many times I asked you to come visit! I even tried to bribe you with cupcakes!"
He laughed and he put his arm around her shoulder, "Well I'm here now...and I don't know if I will ever want to leave."
She laughed as she leaned in to him, "That would be nice. I would love having you around all the time. I miss you." She wrapper her arms around his torso.
June walked up then with drinks, "Let's dance you guys!" She handed a drink to Andy as she pulled him out to the "dance floor".
Delilah laughed as she followed into the crowd to dance. A couple hours into the party, the stage was set for the performances. A few people did some Holiday songs, June and Andy attempted Baby It's Cold Outside. Delilah hopped on the stage with Jeremy who sat at the keyboard. She brought the mic stand to the stool, "Hi everyone!" She smiled at the crowd, "I am so glad you all could come out to our Holiday party. I hope to be able to make this a tradition! Jeremy and I are going to do a song now, then we will get back to the band. This is one of my favorite songs so I hope y'all like it."
She searched the dark room for her friends but gave up and took a breath.


Jeremy:
Turnaround

Delilah:
Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round

Jeremy:
Turnaround

Delilah:
Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears

Jeremy:
Turnaround

Delilah:
every now and then I get a little bit nervous That the best of all the years have gone by

Jeremy:
Turnaround,

Delilah:
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified And then I see the look in your eyes

Jeremy as he played the keyboard:
Turnaround bright eyes,

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart

Jeremy:
Turnaround bright eyes,

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong
Together we can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

((She looked at Jeremy who was suppose to have sung that last part with her and noticed his mic was gone. He shrugged and smiled nodding for her to keep going, while he kept playing the keys.))

Delilah:
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

A familliar voice:
Turnaround

((She looked out into the dark crowd))

Voice:
Turnaround

((Her heart started beating hard as she recognized the voice.))

Voice:
Turnaround

((Her hands started shaking as she saw the person moving toward the stage. She looked at Jeremy and he smiled.))

Nick stood by the stage holding Jeremy's microphone:
Turnaround bright eyes

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart

Nick walked up the stage next to her:
Turnaround bright eyes

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart
And I need you now tonight

Both:
And I need you more than ever

Delilah:
And if you'll only hold me tight

Both, Nick now by her side:
We'll be holding on forever

Delilah, closed her eyes as his hand came up to her cheek:
And we'll only be making it right

Both:
'Cause we'll never be wrong
together we can take it to the end of the line
Delilah:
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time

Nick softly:
All of the time

Delilah:
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

Both:
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Delilah:
Once upon a time I was falling in love

Nick:
But now I'm only falling apart

Both:
Nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Nick:
Once upon a time there was light in my life

Delilah:
But now there's only love in the dark

Both:
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

Delilah:
A total eclipse of the heart

Nick:
Turn around bright eyes

The room erupted into applause. Nick leaned down cupping her face pressing his lips onto hers. She pulled him down to her and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled away, "You're back."
He smiled, "I'm home."
She giggled, "Home."
He nodded his forehead pressed against hers, "Yea, being here, with you. It feels like home."
She grinned and lifted herself up to kiss him.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11193