My So Called Fairytale by Anita
Summary: AJ McKenzie is taking some time to travel. She meets Prince Harry causing a huge change in her life before she meets soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo. AJ is headed for love, heart break and just maybe, a happy ending.
Categories: Fanfiction Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 16446 Read: 17303 Published: 12/06/13 Updated: 05/13/14
Story Notes:
A fan fiction cross over of Prince Harry of Wales and Cristiano Ronaldo.

1. Chapter 1 by Anita

2. Chapter 2 by Anita

3. Chapter 3 by Anita

4. Chapter 4 by Anita

5. Chapter 5 by Anita

6. Chapter 6 by Anita

7. Chapter 7 by Anita

8. Chapter 8 by Anita

9. Chapter 9 by Anita

10. Chapter 10 by Anita

11. Chapter 11 by Anita

Chapter 1 by Anita
Chapter One

“What kind of idiot goes about London without an umbrella?” I scold myself frustrated dashing into a pub.

I shake out my hair and look around. My first pub was just that. A pub.

“Take a seat wherever you like,” the bartender, cracking some gum, tells me.

I shoot her a smile and make my way to a lone corner table. I slid into the seat putting my bag down and slipping out of my jacket.

“What can I get ya love?” a waitress questions, handing me a menu.

“May I please start with some tea? And uh fish and chips,” I say quickly, blushing.

She writes it down and walks away. I pull my novel out of my backpack and settle back.

“Interesting choice there,” a male British voice speaks, breaking into my thoughts.

I look up. A guy is smiling at me with glinting eyes. His hair is red and his freckles adorable, plus he looks so familiar.

“Oh, hi,” I answer.

He motions to the two mugs of frothy beer he’s holding and gives me “the look” guys gave girls they hope to bed.

I sigh looking down at my book. I just want to dry off and get a good meal. Why were British guys like American guys? Horny.

“I don’t drink…. And I don’t do gingers,” I reply turning the page.

He bursts out laughing and takes a seat across from me. His long legs tangle around mine as he tries to adjust himself to where he has more room. Finally he just spreads his legs with mine in between. I pray I don’t blush at the intimacy.

“Honey, you are missing out. Gingers, as you say, are the best,” he smirks.

I glance at him annoyed. Just who does he think he is? The waitress heads my way and stops dead. She pales and does a quick about face and nearly sprints into the kitchen. I frown confused and looked at him.

“I take it you aren’t well liked?” I question him.

He blushes.

“Er… that wasn’t why she left,”

I sigh.

“So what’s your name??” he asks after a pregnant pause.

“Alexandra Jayne McKenzie, AJ to my friends,”

He looks at me carefully.

“AJ huh,”

“To friends…”

He stares deeply into my eyes.

“Do you know who I am?” he questions, searching me like he is looking for the answer to life.

I raise an eyebrow at him.

“No… should I?”

He grins leaning forward against the table.

“I am,” he starts but is interrupted by the frantic waitress.

“Prince Harry, your majesty. Such an honor to have you join us,” she breathes as several other people on the wait staff bring a ton of food forward.

I meet his eyes; his face pulls into a guilty expression. Everyone is putting food down around us, several of them shooting me curious looks. When everything is settled, they flee back to the kitchen leaving me alone… with Prince Harry. I take a sip of tea. This is awkward. I’d insulted royalty. Couldn’t I get arrested for that?

“So, um…. help your self to anything you’d like, if you want to try more than the fish and chips,” he offers sheepishly.

“Thanks,” I answer and reach for the vinegar.

He is looking at me, I can tell but I refuse to look up. I have never been in a situation like this nor have I imagined it either.

“Are you mad at me?” he asks breaking into my thoughts.

“I don’t even know you,” I reply calmly.

“Look, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you right away who I am. I guess I am just used to people already knowing,” he explains.

I bit into a tangy chip and let out a little moan. They were SO much better than the imitation American ones.

“So, what brings you to London?” he tries again to talk to me.

I swallow and finally look up at him with a sigh.

“To meet and marry Prince Harry,” I answer dryly.

He looks shocked but then laughs.

“You are quite cheeky aren’t you?”

I smile a bit and bite into my fish. He begins to eat his meal; we are silent for a while until I decide to answer him.

“I arrived a couple of days ago. I have always loved London and wanted to visit so I decided to move here for 3 months.”

“Just like that? On your own?” he questions looking impressed.

I nod.

“Yeah, I rented a flat and was job hunting today when I got caught in the rain. I forgot to bring an umbrella with me,”

“You know… I might have a job if you are interested,”

I roll my eyes at him.

“Sorry, not looking to be your private hooker,”

He shakes his head looking a bit annoyed.

“I need a secretary, my last one left a couple of weeks ago because she just had a child. Think you would be interested?”

I study him carefully. His face expression seems earnest. Could I really trust the playboy prince? Then again, I wasn’t his type. I am not a tall, drop dead beautiful, blond model with perfect skin and a show-stopping smile. I am on the short side at 5”2 and I have black hair and blue eyes. I wouldn’t exactly say that I am pretty but I am not a troll either. I figure however that due to my looks, I’d be safe from real advances from the prince.

“Here you go,” I say pulling out a folder and handing it to Harry.

“What is this?” he questions opening it.

“My resume,” I say a bit shy.

He looks over it and raises his eyebrows.

“Pretty impressive. You are hired,” he says shutting it.

“Don’t you have to get approval?”

“From whom? You will be working for me, I decide who I want. I want you,” he says staring deep into my eyes.

“What do we start with?”

“How about you come to the palace and see your new office?”

I wipe my mouth and set the napkin down.

“That sounds fine,”

He slides out as I pull out money for our bill.

“Oh honestly. Knock that off will you?” he says grumpily.

I wave him off and go pay for the bill as he runs after me protesting.

“I’ve never had a woman pay for my food before,” he grumbles.

“Your welcome.”

We head out, his hand on the lower part of my back as he escorts me into a smart, black car. We sit together in the back seat; he pulls out his I-pad and types a few things in it before leaning closer to me.

“This is my up coming schedule. Tomorrow we have a charity polo match in the later morning and after we will take tea with my grandmum so she can get to know you,”

I bite my lip nervous. I sure hope that I was up for this. I had no time to voice my concerns as we pulled up to the palace. I looked at him unsure and grabbed his arm as he makes a move to get out of the car.

“Wait!” I exclaim.

I lick my finger and gently clean away some mustard from the corner of his mouth then I run my fingers through his wind blown hair moving it into place.

“There you go ginger,” I say my eyes moving over him making sure nothing else is out of place.

He gives me a particular look and hesitates before slipping out. He seems almost baffled. I slip out behind him and take a deep breath. We head in.
Chapter 2 by Anita
There is a knock on my flat door as I stand frantically searching for an outfit to wear. I answer it breathless and frazzled.

“Hey there AJ,” Harry greets.

“Now is NOT a good time!”

He walks in amused. I sigh and go back to flinging my clothes all over.

“What the bloody hell are you doing?”

“Trying to find a bloody outfit to wear to the stupid polo game,”

“Let’s go shopping,” he suggests, lounging on my bed watching my panic.

I blush.

“I don’t exactly have a lot of money to be buying all kinds of outfits.”

He rolls his eyes.

“Whatever. Consider it part of the employment,” he says grabbing my arm.

We head out and it is completely mad! Harry knows exactly what he is doing and is a man on a mission. A couple hours later we are back at my flat with Harry’s choices. I am in nude pumps like Kate wears, and the dress of his choice is a beautiful, knee length white sleeveless dress with navy blue polka dots. It has a wide navy sash and is paired with elegant white gloves and a proper white English hat.

“AJ, we have to get going. What are you doing?” he calls from my bedroom.

I am in my bathroom struggling to zip up the blasted dress.

“Be…right…there!” I call out.

He walks into my bathroom where I am struggling.

“You are shaking like a leaf! Honestly calm down.”

“I am calm,” I lie but my shaking hands refuse to zip myself up.

He gently turns me around and zips up my dress and ties my sash. He pulls on a pearl choker around my throat and slips pearl drop earrings into my ears before pulling my hair half up.

“Are you gay?” I question eyeing him with a frown, annoyed at his calmness.

He laughs and licks his thumb fixing my eye makeup.

“There. You look beautiful.”

I turn away blushing. I put on my hat, and take my clutch.

“Ready?” he asks.

“Ready,” I confirm.

He tucks my arm into his and we get into the car that drives us to the polo match. After we arrive and I take my seat do I start to breathe normally.

“Handsome isn’t he?” a voice asks.

I look over and find that I am seated next to Prince William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton.

“He’s very nice,” I answer her feeling shy again.

“You’re AJ right?” she questions.

I nod and smile holding my hand out.

“Harry talked a lot about you last night. Seems excited to have you working for him,” she says nicely.

“He took pity on me I think.”

“He’s a good guy. Beautiful heart,” Kate said glancing to where William and Harry sat up high on their horses.

I watch them as they get ready.

“How old are you?” Kate asks.

“19,”

“19 and 21. Good ages,” Kate nudges me.

I blush again.

“I just work for him,” I answer softly.

“Oh don’t be upset. I was just teasing. I know you work for him. I just happen to think you would make a cute couple,” Kate says hurriedly.

“You don’t even know me,” I point out.

She goes to answer but the game begins. I always thought polo was supposed to be boring but I am drawn in with the excitement and cheer with the crowd. William and Harry’s team wins and Kate and I are thrilled. She hugs me excited and then races off to William. I watch as them share a sweet embrace and kiss.

“Did you have fun?” a voice interrupts.

I turn and find Harry beaming down at me. He is slightly sweaty, his face flushed with victory.

“You played beautifully,” I say.

He swings an arm around me.

“Come meet William,” he says leading me over.

He introduces me to William who is hugging a beaming and glowing Kate. He is very formal and polite when we are introduced. He gives Harry a look I don’t quite understand then they leave me with Kate as they go shower and change.

“Are you coming for tea with the Queen?”
I sigh and nod. I’d rather go home and hide but I guess I have to meet her sooner rather than later if I am to be working for her grandson.

“Oh don’t be nervous AJ, she is a lovely person,” Kate promises me.

“Kate?”

“Yes?”

“Will working for Harry be hard?”

“Well, he is just one of those guys you know?”

I shrug feeling sad. It wasn’t what I want to hear. I want to be safe with my job, not worry about what seemed to be an unstable attitude. Harry and William came back out.

“Ready?” Harry asks me.

“Um, sure,” I answer softly and follow him.

We get into the car and I grow quiet.

“Anything wrong luv?” he asks nudging me.

“I am not feeling very good,” I answer.

He brushes my brow with his hand checking for fever. He looks at me carefully.

“Did I do something to upset you?” he finally asks.

“No,” I whisper.

We arrive at the palace. He quickly takes my hand leading me to his apartment where my office is also located.

“Tell me what is wrong,” he demands gently closing the door to my office.

“I just feel like I am in over my head,” I explain.

He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me.

“I am in over my head too,” he murmurs as lows his mouth to mine.

We kiss gently, me leaning against the desk, wrapped tightly in Harry’s arms. I have to honestly say that it is the best kiss of my life.
“Feel better?” he whispers leaning his forehead to mine.

My blue eyes meet his confusion written all over my face.

“Harry, did you hire me because you want to take advantage of me?” I question hurt and confused.

“What? No! Of course not. You needed a job. I gave you one,”

“All I have done so far is escort you to a horse game,” I pointed out.

“There is a lot to do AJ and damn it I bloody like you. Why can’t you just accept that?” he asks frustrated.

I draw away.

“Don’t,” he snaps.

“Don’t what?” I ask baffled.

“Don’t pull away from me.”

“You don’t boss me!”

“I hired you. I do boss you!”

I growl frustrated. This is too much. Working for a royal, in a castle, then making out with him. My head is spinning. I react in the worst way. I kick his shin. He yelps in pain grabbing his leg.

“Bloody hell AJ!”

I stand terrified. I can’t believe I just kicked a prince. My eyes fill with tears. He sighs and sits on my desk, rubbing his leg.

“Come here,” he says with a gentle voice.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper.

“It wasn’t your fault,”

I cross my arms and look down.

“Will you stay?” he questions.

I look at him so torn. This is going extremely fast. It is scary for me.
“May I ask why you don’t want to be with me?”

“You’re a prince…”

He sighs frustrated running his hand through his hair.

“Yeah, I get that a lot. Look I am sorry for kissing you. The job will be good ok?” he tells me before walking out.

“This sucks!” I exclaim upset throwing a plastic cup at the wall. “Shit!” I run to get it looking around to make sure no hidden camera saw my tantrum but then again, if they were hidden, I wouldn’t know.

Sighing, I sit at my desk and begin to organize the papers. I have a little time before tea and I really want to get some work done.


A while later, Harry returns to escort me to tea with Kate, William and of course, Queen Elizabeth. I am still nervous but I use my best manners and right now, having my arm tucked into Harry’s, I feel sort of safe.

We enter the tearoom and everyone else is already there.

“Grans, this is Miss. Alexandra Jayne McKenzie,” Harry introduces me.

“Your majesty,” I greet her as calmly as I can and dip into a low curtsy. Thank goodness for all those years I spent training ballet.

“How do you do? Please be seated,” the queen instructs.

Harry and I sit together on a love seat. I cross my ankles and Harry seems pleased with how everything is going. Or maybe he is just pleased that I haven’t fainted. As we take our tea, the queen questions and quizzes me. I am pretty sure I impress her with my knowledge of both American and British history.

“You are a very educated young lady Alexandra,” she says in an approving tone.

I smile modestly at her and can’t help cheer silently in my head. She will probably let me keep my job.

“What about your parents? What do they do?”

“Well my father retired his seat in congress last year due to some heart problems and my mother is…. well, she is a socialite I suppose you can say. She does a lot of charity work and is very friendly with our neighbor Ethel Kennedy. They work a lot together.”
“Would you consider yourself a socialite? A person who works a lot for charity and makes all the society pages or like… Paris Hilton?”

I laugh shaking my head.

“Neither. I do work for my mother’s charities when I am home but I don’t like being in the pages and frankly I can’t stand Paris Hilton or those girls. No, I studied ballet for many years and have gone to boarding school. Right now I am taking what you British say, a gap year I suppose. Not to alarm anyone but I am an anglophile and a royalist. I plan on staying here in England for at least three months and fully study your family history and then I wanted to visit castles in Germany, Spain and Portugal.”

The queen looks amused. She asks a few more questions then talks to Kate and William.

“Grandmother likes you,” Harry whispers in my ear.

“How can you tell?”

“She didn’t order your head off,” he teases.

I pinch his side making him laugh. He tickles my sides and I slap at his hands to make him stop. I notice the other three watching us in amusement. Blushing I sit up and straighten out shooting Harry a dirty look. He winks.

“I am curious though AJ, you said you don’t have a lot of money…”

“I don’t. My parents do. I want to earn my way,”

He looks thoughtful as he nods.
Chapter 3 by Anita
*One Month Later*

“Harry!” I call out typing into my computer.

He walks in.

“What’s wrong AJ?”

“You are running late! You have to get ready for tonight!”

He groans sitting down. I smile at him. He and I are real friends now and work is going smoothly.

“I need a date,” he pouts.

“So? You know a ton of girls. Ask someone.”

“Go with me?” he pleads making his sad eyes at me.

I roll my own.

“Please AJ, we haven’t done anything fun in ages!”

“I am not here for fun I am here for work. Besides… tonight is my night off. I have plans!”

His eyes narrow.

“You have plans? Did you meet someone?”

“Ugh no Harry. I planned on getting some curry take out and watching the Real Madrid vs. Manchester United game.”

“I hate Real Madrid,” he said waving his hand.

My jaw dropped along with the empty cup I was holding.

“What. Did. You. Just. Say!”

“Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. AJ, tell me you do not like Real Madrid.”

“I don’t like Real Madrid. I LOVE REAL MADRID!”

His eyes narrow again. I glare right back at him.

“Look, I will take you to the game next weekend here in England when they play again if you come tonight,”

“Really?”

He nods wincing.

“COUNT ME IN!”

“Let’s go get you dressed.”

“I swear you are gay Harry,” I tease.


Later that night at the charity ball, I stay sipping some pink champagne with Harry. It tastes good as far as I can tell. I am not a drinker and this is my first but Harry promised it would calm my nerves. I am wearing a lovely black gown and heels, and Harry has let me borrow some diamonds. I feel giddy as Harry spins me around the dance floor and keeps the drinks flowing.

We move to the corner to check on the game and I bounce excitedly.

“Real Madrid won!” I do a happy dance holding the skirt of my dress out and do a shimmy.

He rolls his eyes and hands me a drink.

“A toast to the winner!” he exclaims and we throw back the drinks.

I have never been drunk before in my life but between nerves and now the win, I feel like I am drunk.

“What time is it?”

Harry looks at his watch.

“Nearly one in the morning.”

I groan.

“We have to go Harry. I have work tomorrow,” I lean on the wall fanning my flushed face.

“Yeah and you can’t call in sick. I hear your boss is a bloody bastard,” he smirks.

I roll my eyes at him. He tugs my hands leading me out to our car. We head to the palace and I head up to his apartment. I need stuff for work.

“Why don’t you just stay the night babe?”

“You know I can’t Harry,” I respond automatically though I am tempted.

His hand snakes its way along my back.

“Please?” he whines.

I sway a bit from the champagne and his touch.

“Oh alright.”

We walk to his room and I lean against his bed as he undresses.

“There is a lady in here knock it off!” I complain giggling.

He turns and faces me.

“Oh. It will come off,” he says huskily and unzips my dress.

He kisses me roughly tugging my dress down along with my thong. He unhooks my bra and I can’t protest as his tongue enters my mouth. I grip his hair roughly keeping his head against mine as I return the kiss.

He picks me up and lays me down in his bed, the sheets are cool against my flushed skin and are so soft, and I feel like I am disappearing. He leans over me and appears hazy. We kiss again and there is nothing but bliss.


I groan as I begin to wake. My head is pounding. How much did I have to drink? I wonder and force my eyes open. I blink trying to focus but everything is spinning. I feel like I was run over by a red double decker bus. I cannot move my body is weighed down. I sigh and shut my eyes. What had happened? I shift and freeze feeling something that doesn’t seem right. My eyes fly open again and I see a muscular, slightly hair arm wrapped firmly around my middle. Looking down I see a muscular leg wrapped around mine.

“Oh no, oh no,” I whisper trying to make sense of it.

I realize that I am naked and so are the arm and leg holding me. Carefully I shift, turning to see who it was I was with and I try not to shriek. Harry is sharing my pillow, peacefully asleep and I realize I have spent the night with him. As I shift, I feel sore between my legs and realize not only did I spend the night with him; I spent the night with him.

I try to sit up slowly not to wake him but his arms tighten and he buries his face against my neck.

“Don’t go,” he mumbles.

“Harry stop!” I protest.

His eyes open and he grins. Before I can move his mouth meets mine again and he slides into me.

“Nothing like good old fashioned morning sex to help cure a hang over,” he grunts gripping my hips.

With out meaning to, my back arches up. He is good, that I can’t deny. I know it is wrong but I don’t care at this moment. He lowers his lips to my neck kissing and sucking gently. His hands run over my body, gripping my calf to pull my leg around him. His hipbones press against mine as he slides so deep inside we are reduced to grinding motions. I sigh out softly. He rolls over onto his back pulling me on top of him.

Biting my lip shyly, I begin to rise and fall on him slowly. He guides my hips and brings his mouth to my nipple.

“I’m close,” I warn him.

He bites down on my nipple and moves faster. We are both breathing hard. I gasp, uttering his name as I tighten around him. My body spasms as I orgasm sighing his name. His back arches as he cums as well.

I sink down into his arms. A sheet wraps tightly around us like a cocoon. I shut my eyes, head tucked on his shoulder as he makes a call. He orders a breakfast tray for two and then wraps me up in both of his arms.

“Are you mad?” he questions after a few minutes of silence.

“Yes… no, I don’t know,” I sigh.

“Is there a lot on the schedule today?”

I scrunch my nose thinking.

“No not really. Nothing too important.”

“Good, everything will be canceled. Today needs to be a free day.”

Getting out my pad from my purse I clear his day making the new arrangements. The door opens and a butler wheels in a breakfast cart. I am alarmed that they found me naked in bed with Harry, the room obviously scented with sex but the butler doesn’t blink.

“Anything else your highness?” he asks politely.

“That is all Jeffrey. Thank you.”

Harry gets up bringing the cart closer, uncovering it. There are scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, muffins, tea, pastries and bacon. Harry gets two pieces of buttered toast and puts eggs and bacon between the slices handing it to me.

“Hang over cure part two,” he smiles.

“Thank you,” I accept the sandwich and as he makes himself one.

When he is done, he sits back with my feet in his lap massaging them with his free hand.

“AJ, I know you don’t want to be with me but you have to admit, it was perfect,”

I hesitate. I am tired of denying my feelings for him but I just don’t know how long we will last. I know all too well we come from different worlds.

“Give me, give us a chance,” he pleads.

“With a couple conditions,”

He nods waiting.

“We keep us a secret. I keep my job.”

“That’s fine. For now,” he agrees.

I relax as we eat our breakfast.

“That really helped,” I breathe out lying back after I finish.

“You’ve never been drunk or hung over before have you?” Harry asks massaging my feet and legs with both hands.

I shake my head.

“Do you remember last night?”

I blush.

“Only a little,”

Harry grins.

“I remember it perfectly. What a little tiger you are,” he teases.

I smack his shoulder.

“Oh, feisty!” he grabs my hand pinning me against him.

“Sore!” I groan making him laugh.

“You will be treated like a princess today, just lie back and relax.”
I flop back against his soft goose pillows and stretch, wincing a bit at the soreness.

“Want me to paint your nails?” he questions.

I lift up a foot and examine the pedicure.

“Sure, why not,”

He laughs as I hand him polish from my purse along with remover. I sit up back against the pillows and we talk as he does my nails. When he is finished I examine them.

“Not bad I suppose,” I say with a smirk.

He placed a kiss on my ankle and leans forward. It is only 11 am.

“So, are we gonna get dressed today?” I ask eyeing him.

“Do we have to?”

I laugh getting up, the sheet around me.

“Darn, I don’t have clothes with me just the gown.”

Harry gets up stark naked and returns with a clean shirt and pair of boxers for me. I get dressed and flop back. He puts on a shirt and boxers as well and gets back into bed with me. We curl up, snuggling close, arms around each other, my head on his chest.

“So is this as bad as you feared?” he asks into my hair.

“No. Not yet at least,” I admit.

“What do you want to do?” he questions curiously.

“Mmm, I just want to curl up and read.”

“Sounds relaxing. Let’s get our books,” he replies sitting up.

I walk to my office where I keep a couple of books and freeze as the door is flung open.
Chapter 4 by Anita
“Kate!”

Her jaw drops in shock seeing me dressed in Harry’s stuff. She and I both blush and she clears her throat.

“Well, I have always liked your Audrey Hepburn meets Grace Kelly look AJ, but I have to say the Harry Wales look works on you too,” she says trying to keep a straight face.

I shake my head.

“It’s not what it looks like.”

She raises her eyebrow at me I gulp.

“Ok, it’s exactly what it looks like but um…”

Harry strolls in not seeing Kate.

“Darlin, what do you want for lunch?”

My eyes widen and I shake my head at him. He pulls a face looking at me confused and I glance at Kate. He turns around and sees her.

“Oh, hello there Kate. Looking lovely today,” he smiles at her.

“And you too Harry,” she responds sweetly.

I pray that the ground opens up and I sink into it. I tug at the hem of Harry’s shirt that I am wearing and shift my weight around.

“AJ, I was wondering if tomorrow if you had any free time of you could accompany me to the shops,” Kate says casually.

“Um, let me check my schedule,” I answer and bend over my calendar.

“Harry!” I hear Kate hiss and the sound of her slapping his arm or something.

I look at them confused. Harry has a mischievous grin and Kate looks annoyed but is laughing.

“He was checking out your bum,” Kate explains.

I shoot Harry a dirty look again. He walks to me and wraps my hair around his hand pulling my head back and bites my neck.

“You can go with Kate shopping whenever you want babe, don’t worry about it,” he murmurs kissing along my neck.
“Harry stop it!”

He looks down at me with a smirk.

“It’s just Kate. What does it matter? She’s shagging my brother.”

I glare at him. He promised it would be a secret. I sigh. I guess I could trust Kate. We both stand and straighten up. I turn to Kate

“I’d love to go shopping with you,” I say in as calm of a voice as I can.

Kate grins.

“Excellent,”

I smile back at her and she leaves, then I face Harry.

“You bug me you know that?”

He looks thoughtful, and then he shrugs.

“Oh well, I can live with that.”

I roll my eyes. He was such a guy. I grab my book and head back to his room crawling into his bed. His apartment in Kensington Palace is so cozy. Harry flops next to me with a book of his own. His legs tangle with mine, my bare feet rest against his calves and the moment is so perfect that I almost wish I could stop time.


The next day Kate and I are at the shops, she seems smug and I dread what she will say.

“So you finally gave up resisting did you?” she asks smugly.

I roll my eyes at her trying on a pair of heels.

“I was drugged,” I respond with airs.

She giggles shaking her head. I know she doesn’t believe me. I groan softly. I don’t care for anything in the store. I put the shoes back and stand.

“Where to next?” Kate asks studying me.

“I don’t know. You are the one who wanted to shop. I don’t know London.”

“Right,” she says thoughtfully. “Ok, have you been to Fortnum & Mason’s?”
My eyes lit up. I have an obsession with the store. I was always on the website looking at the wonderful items.

“Piccadilly Circus!”

Kate laughs and linking arms with me, we make our way to the famous store.

“Have any idea what you want here?” she questions me, her eyes twinkling.

“A HAMPER!” I throw my arms out getting many alarmed glances.

She laughs again as I blush, which is such a bad habit. Her security guard trails behind us as excited whispers rise up. We enter Fortnum & Mason and I am breathless. I have no idea where to begin, as there is so much to see. Kate strolls confidently to the hampers. I catch my breath, there are so many!

“What’s your fancy? Tea hampers? Wine hampers…” she said moving her arms like a game show host.

Grinning, I walk over to the tea hampers and study them carefully. Getting into the spirit of things, Kate begins to examine hampers as well. Finally I pick out an English essentials hamper and make my purchase. Kate has it sent to the palace with a tea hamper she has chosen and we face each other suddenly as if we were going to duel.

“Now, we talk,” Kate says simply arms crossing.

I make a face at her. I don’t want to talk damnit!

“Oh look! Scarves!” I say heading to a display, stalling.

“AJ!” she cries exasperated.

I flinch.

“You know it isn’t very nice to invite someone shopping and then grill them…” I point out to her.

She raises and eyebrow at me.

“I planned on inviting you shopping before I knew you were keeping secrets.”

“Ok, ok I confess!” I threw up my hands. “I have a girl crush on Victoria Beckham ok?”

She bursts out laughing.

“What woman doesn’t?”

“Fashion challenged ones?” I reply cracking a bit of a smile.

We walk out of the store and I am lost in thought. Can this be my new life? Shopping, laughing, and joking with Kate Middleton? Picking out things like we are not two people being watched and criticized, me, complimented, her? I think of home. How at a charity ball, they had snapped a rare photo of me dancing with one Ethel Kennedy’s grandsons. They had slammed me for my outfit, for my make up. They had made fun of almost everything about me. I was not as glamorous as my starlit mom. I was the ugly duckling to her swan. I knew some how that it wouldn’t be different here. At home I did everything I could to stay out of the papers but here, with Harry, I’d be dead center.

“Yesterday was a mistake. One that will not be repeated,” I say breaking the silence.

“But why?” she asks baffled.

“This isn’t the life I want,” I answer simply.

“You don’t want a handsome, kind hearted guy loving you?” she asks dryly.

I sigh. There is no way to make her understand.

“You fit into this world Kate, I don’t,” I finally answer.

She laughs shaking her head.

“You think that people are so in love with me but haven’t you read the reports that I try too hard to be like Diana? That I am middle class to William’s blue blood? Not everyone likes me AJ,” she points out.

“I like being in the background Kate, it is where I belong,”

“You only belong there AJ because that is where you force yourself to be.”

I almost want to slap I am so frustrated but I don’t. Instead I take a deep breath and get into the car waiting for us.

“I am done shopping,” I tell her not looking at her.

She stands, unmoving for a moment then gets into the car. We head home in silence. I lean my head against the cold window and star into nothingness as a thousand thoughts cloud my vision.
Chapter 5 by Anita
Harry walks over to me where I sit at my desk trying to figure out where to put him for a charity dinner.

“It is all arranged. Get ready for the best day of your life,” he says dramatically sitting on my desk.

I look up confused.

“What are you talking about?”

“Our deal,” he says making a face. “To take you to the Real Madrid game. I have it arranged so that you even get to meet the players.”

My eyes widen. I was going to meet the Real Madrid players. But, but that meant that… I trail off unable to finish the thought.

“You ok there AJ? Your face is bright red. Are you going to explode or something?” Harry’s concerned voice breaks into my thoughts.

I look at him, my eyes wide with both fear and excitement.

“What do I wear?” I breathe out, not acting like myself, I can tell by Harry’s face expression.

“Since when do you care what you wear?”

“Since I get to meet…”

“AJ, do you have a crush on one of the players or something?”

I look away. I can’t admit it. No way, no one knew of it.

“AJ!” He protests reading my face expression, my guilt.

“Sorry Harry.”

“Please do not let it be…” he trails off. He is unable to say his name either.

“Look, I am a hot blooded woman ok!” I defend myself.

He shoots me an injured look.

“I expected much better of you,” he says dramatically.

I glance at him.

“You mad at me Harry?”

He taps his chin then sighs.

“No, I just have to deal with major competition now,” he grumbles.

William and Kate walk in, William motioning Harry over, something to do with one of their charities. I click a few pages down and look at my screen saver. My heart flutters a bit.

“You are so busted,” Kate whispers from behind my shoulder.

I jump and look at her. She has a wicked smile on her face. I stick my tongue out and quickly pull the pages open again to hide the picture of the man I had a crush on for ages.

On Saturday, Harry and I make our way to the locker to where we will be meeting the team. Harry is slightly cranky since it had taken me ages to find a perfect outfit. I am still having my doubts but it is too late now to change again. I had finally settled on dark wash skinny jeans, a soft pink sweater top and black ballet flats. Unlike Kate who styles her hair in those glorious waves, I pulled back my hair into a ponytail. I also decided to keep my makeup light and fresh, no need for over kill at a football game.

“You ready?” Harry asks as we stop before a door.

“Um, not exactly,” I whisper nervously.

He rolls his eyes.

“You are such a girl,” he says knocking.

I swallow hard not to throw up. The door opens and the coach of the team is right there. He greets Harry and looks at me. Harry nudges me and I introduce myself as we are led in.

“The boys are so excited to meet you two,” the coach is saying as we walk in.

I look around and suck in my breath. I see Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos and Kaka at one end of the room. I see Iker Casillas, Pepe and Marcelo standing around too. Then I see him. Cristiano Ronaldo is sitting on the bench tying his cleats. I am frozen.

“So you are the real, Real Madrid fan?” Jose questions breaking into my swarming thoughts.

I offer a shy smile.

“Yeah, I am the one who is the fan.”

“We are pleased you are here,” Jose says kissing my cheek as the guys move forward to us.

I sneak a glance at Cristiano. His eyes are on me. I startle as he stops right before me.

“Welcome,” he greets me in a heavily accented and sexy voice.

He holds his hand out. I slip my hand into his and marvel at how manly yet elegant his hands are. Mine completely disappears into his. He bends down kissing each cheek making me want to melt into a puddle and fall through the crack on the floor.

“Pleased to meet you. I’m AJ,” I introduce.

Harry clears his throat, annoyance written on his face.

“Alexandra, the others are waiting to meet you too,” Harry interrupts.

Alexandra? Oh yeah. I told Harry when we first met only my friends call me AJ. I enthusiastically greeted the other players. I love Xabi and Kaka and Sergio. All of them really. Snacks were set up before we got there and Harry and I served ourselves some food, nibbling and talking.

“Harry isn’t even a Real Madrid fan,” I say throwing him under the bus.

The guys hooted, Harry laughed with them. I smile a bit to myself as I settle down.

“The guys and I wanted you to have this,” Cristiano says handing me an autographed picture and an autographed jersey.

“Oh wow, thank you so much!” I gush excited, throwing my arms around him hugging him tightly.

The time passes too quickly and the guys are told they have to go warm up. Harry and I pose with the team for a picture and before I can stop myself, I ask Cristiano to take a picture with me. Harry looks furious as Cristiano wraps an arm around my waist drawing me up against his side. I can’t help it. I am beaming.

Harry and I take our special seats. I have my camera out snapping some pictures as the team warms up.

“You are such a traitor,” Harry grumbles.

“What did I do?” I exclaim.

“We had sex AJ,” Harry says facing me.

I squirm. Did he have to announce it?

“We had sex,” he repeated, “And you are flirting with Cristiano Ronaldo!”

“I can’t help it! I’ve had a crush on him for years,”

Harry sighs.

“It’s just that, you’re mine,” he whispers.

I hesitate. I think of what I told Kate, I didn’t want to be in the magazines my every move being watched as Prince Harry’s girlfriend. I want to fall in love some day and have a normal life. But Harry looks so upset, so I reach out taking his hand and squeeze.

The game begins and I get into it shouting and cheering. I am not some girly girl that sits primly at games. I scream my head off.

“Bloody hell that should have been a yellow card! Are you blind?” I shout at the ref.

Harry burst out laughing.

“You are crazy!” he snorts with laughter.

I roll my eyes.

“Whatever. You just want Man U. to win. WELL GUESS WHAT! REAL MADRID HAS THE LEAD. BOO YEAH!” I do a happy shimmy in my seat.

“GET OFF YOUR ASS A PLAY BALL!” I scream as Ronaldo is knocked over and sits for a moment stunned.

He must hear my shout because he looks in my direction with a look that is crossed somewhere between annoyance and amusement. Harry nudges me in the ribs to quiet me.

I jump out of my seat excited as Real Madrid beats Man U. 4 to 2. I throw my hands up in the air and wiggle my hips as Harry fake scowls. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.
“Thank you for coming to support us. If you are ever in Spain or Portugal, look me up,” Cristiano says handing me a slip of paper.

I look down and see his cell phone number and email address written on it. I slip it into my wallet.

“Thank you, we had a great time,” I reply and hug him not caring that he is sweaty.

I am graced with a kiss to the cheek again and my knees nearly buckle but I manage not to fall over as he smiles and runs to join his teammates who wave. Harry and I make our way to his car and I slip in and sigh out. I cannot be happier than I am at this moment. An autographed jersey and photo. A personal phone number. I sigh happily.

“You are starting to make me sick with your mooning,” Harry complains.

I softly punch his arm.

“Shut up,” I laugh.

When we get home, Harry and I head up to his living area. It isn’t very late so I am in no rush to head to my apartment.

“I have another present for you,” Harry confesses.

“You can’t keep spoiling me,” I scold him.

“I want to,” he replies kissing my cheek and going to his drawer.

Harry walks back to me and places a long, black velvet box into my hands. I bite my lower lip and gently open it. Nestled in the satin is a stunningly beautiful, engraved oval shaped, white gold locket.

“I know we haven’t known each other long, but you have made a difference in my life. We are just over a month of working together and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done. This locket belonged to my mother when she was a young girl. I would be honored for you to accept it as a gift of my gratitude and my affection for you,” Harry says taking the locket out of the box and stepping behind me.

I am frozen with shock as Harry lifts my hair and slides the locket around my neck, the oval, settling at my throat.

“There,” Harry says satisfied.

I reach up and touch it gently. No one has ever given me a gift so special except a small leather diary Jackie Kennedy have given my mother at my birth. She had written a message on the first page for me and when I turned 16, my mother gave me the diary to start to keep. Who ever would have thought that an ordinary girl like me would have something special from two such huge women that made a better place in the world? I said as much to Harry.

“Jackie Kennedy gave you a diary?” he asked impressed.

“Yes, it was a gift when I was born. Like I told your mother, we are neighbors to the Kennedy family and my mother gets on quite well with Ethel. Ethel mentored her, she didn’t know Jackie quite as well but still…” I trailed off thinking of my childhood.

“That is pretty cool,” Harry whistled.

I rolled my eyes. A prince impressed with a non-royal? Who’d have though?

“Anyway, are you sure about this locket? I mean it was your mothers and,”

“Listen,” Harry interrupted, “I am a big boy old enough to make my decisions, I want you to have the locket,” he said firmly.

I looked down at the locket and slipped my nail into the crack, edging it open. The left side was empty but in the right slot, a picture of Harry in uniform rested. A couple of tears fell. I reached over hugging him.

“Thank you Harry. Thank you,” I whisper against his neck.
Chapter 6 by Anita
Harry’s Point Of View

I am not sure what to do about AJ. She doesn’t seem to quite get what I am feeling for her or she is maybe not interested. She seemed interested a few times but lately, it has been feeling as if she is putting up a wall between us. Yes she was different after I gave her my mother’s locket, yet I don’t think she truly trusts me. I am sure it is due to my bad boy reputation but still. Doesn’t she understand people grow up and change?

I am on my way to see her now. She is getting me ready for an army visit and I know it is really stressing her out. I don’t think I have seen a real smile on her face since the day of the game and locket.

“Good morning AJ,” I greet her strolling into the office.

She is bent over her desk reading a paper.

“Morning Harry. Sleep well?” she asks in a casual voice.

I eye her. She notices my silence and looks up with a frown. I bend over and press my lips lightly to her forehead. I notice that she is able to take smaller moves and slower intimacies rather than me going to fast.

“I slept alright. Thanks for asking,” I respond pulling back.

“Did you have breakfast?” she questions as she files a few papers that were strewn across her desk.

“Not yet, I thought we could go down together.”

She nods and yawns standing up.

“I suppose I could use a cup of tea or something,” she says off handedly.

I smirk. Like that would be the only thing she has. I casually slid my hand into hers and we head down together. Sitting at the table, I smile as she stretches and order for us.

“Two eggs benedict please,”

She shoots me an annoyed look.

“Are you trying to make me fat or something?” she complains.

I run a hand over her side, against her tummy and rest it on her hip.

“No worries there babe,” I assure her.

She rolls her eyes at me, squirming under my hand. I want to laugh knowing how freaked out she is but instead I take a seat. I open the newspaper as she yawns, still tired and shuts her eyes. I watch her carefully wondering what is causing the tense lines between her eyebrows. She has been stressed lately but isn’t willing to talk.

“Harry, I got a fax this morning,” AJ says suddenly breaking into my thoughts.

“Oh? What about?”

“When were you going to tell me you were doing another army tour?” she asked arms crossed.

I nearly choke. I hadn’t had time to warn her that I would be leaving for four months back to the war. I swallow hard and look away.

‘Nice Harry. Real nice,” she says sarcastically as our food is brought in.

“Listen AJ, I…”

“When did you plan on telling me huh? Were you going to send a post card from the war saying ‘Hey AJ, by the way, I am over seas fighting. Thanks for hanging around though’?”

“No. Of course not,”

“Then when!”

I ran my hand through my hair sighing frustrated. This was definitely not the way I had planned it at all. I look into her eyes, which are so full of hurt, that I can feel the pain, as cheesy as it sounds.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper looking down. “I did plan on telling you I just… I don’t know. I got scared and wasn’t sure how you’d react and well, I am selfish.”

She sighs a long, slow sigh that sent shivers down my spine. When she met my eyes, my heart stopped.

“This isn’t working.”

“What isn’t?”

“This! Us. Whatever this is exactly!”

I pushed back roughly away from the table and walked around to her. I yanked her chair back away from the table and knelt before her.

“Stop it AJ,” I say in a voice that is firm but soft. “Stop being afraid of me. You are in love with me, so let what fears you have go and just be with me,” I tell her staring hard at her. “I am in love with you too,” I add.

“You can’t mean that. We hardly know each other.”

“I know that a person can tell when they are in love. Are you gonna sit there and look at me and deny it?” I challenge her.

“It won’t work out Harry,” she speaks softly.

I kiss her silencing her. The fear radiating off of her shocks me, but in a way I also understand. I have my own fears.

“The eggs are getting cold,” I whisper into her hair and draw back.

I kiss her again and go back to my seat. Taking a deep breath, I sit and begin to eat. She gives me a shaky smile and does the same.

After breakfast, AJ goes back to work and I go find William. It is time for the talk.

“Oh Willie darling,” I call out as I enter his apartment.

He looks up from his desk with a smirk.

“Yes lovie?”

“We have to talk,” I announce and sit down on the couch.

He turns to face me and sits patiently waiting for me to speak.

“I’d like to ask AJ to marry me,” I announce.

William frowns.

“Harry, Kate and I are about to announce our engagement. You gave mothers ring to me..”

I rotate my shoulders and look at him again.

“I can propose with another ring, the thing is William, AJ is the one and I want to make it official,”

“You are going to have to talk with grandmum.”

“I need my brothers blessing,” I respond to him.

“Harry, if you truly love her, I will not stand in the way of your love. Does she love you back?” William questions.

I nod slowly.

“Yes, she does,”

“Why did you hesitate?” he catches on only in the way a brother can.

“She’s afraid,” I answer him truthfully.

“That is understandable,” William stands and walks over to me. “I wish you all of the happiness and love in the world Harry. You deserve it. I have seen the changes in you since AJ came into your life. You have my blessings to marry her if that is truthfully what you wish,”

I stand up with a smile excited.

“Thank you Wills,” I hug him and head out. Next stop, the queen.
Chapter 7 by Anita
AJ’s Point Of View One Week Later

I roll over in bed wondering what has woken me up so suddenly. I had been dreaming when suddenly I jerked awake. I yawn and glance at the clock. 5 am. Way too early for me to wake up. I nearly scream as I see a shadow in the corner of my room.

“It’s just me baby,” Harry whispers.

“What are you doing here so early?” I whisper back.

He crawls in the bed getting in with me. I hear him slip his shoes off and watch as he pulls his shirt and jeans off.

“I had to see you.”

“Harry I go to your place in three hours,”

“I couldn’t wait,” he insists crawling on top of me pinning my hands above my head.

“You are that horny? Hello you have a hand!” I cry frustrated with tiredness.

He laughs softly fiddling around.

I feel something cold on my hand and try to see what he is up to.

“Argh too bright too bright!” I shriek as he flips my bedside light on.

“Ok little grimlin, you aren’t melting, it’s just light,” he teases as I throw my arm across my eyes.

I peek out carefully blinking fast and hard. I hate sudden light. My eyes begin to focus even though they sting with sleepiness. Harry sits back and I sit up.

“Care to tell me what is going on?”

He smiles a boyish smile.

“It is an important day for me. Possibly for you too,” he answered taking my hand.

He looks down at it and I follow his gaze and am stunned. When he was fiddling with my hand, he had slipped a ring onto my finger.

“I… Harry?” I questioned confused. He cannot be proposing can he?

“AJ, I talked to my grandmum. She has given her blessing for us to be married. I had her help in designing this engagement ring for you. The center diamond was taken from one of her tiara’s,” he explains to me as I sit dumbly. “Do you know about any of the tiara’s or crowns in our family collection?” Harry asks.

“Yes I am familiar with the jewels,” I whisper examining the ring.

“Your diamond was taken from my grandmothers Vladimir Tiara. I know you are also partial to Russian royalty and history besides British. It is hard to keep track of all of your favorites but I hope you are delighted with this,” Harry says looking at me worriedly.

“I can’t believe you got a diamond from the Vladimir Tiara!”

“Yes well the two diamonds on the side are not from the Vladimir one,” Harry explains pointing out the other diamonds.

My heart is racing wildly. I am scared on how special this ring has become. I can’t believe Harry has designed something to special for me. But wait! He is asking me to marry him!

“William plans on proposing soon to Kate and asked me for mothers engagement ring. I felt bad that you did not get it however I decided to include a diamond of my mothers. The diamond on the left is a diamond from The Spencer Tiara that my mother wore on her wedding day,”

I can feel my tears welling up. I am speechless with how much thought went into this engagement ring.

“And now, for the last diamond, the one on the right,” Harry said pointing to it, “This one is from your own mother. I called her and asked her permission. She had the diamond sent over night. I wanted this ring to be absolutely perfect for you when I asked for your hand,” he finishes.

I bite my lip looking into his eyes.

“Harry… marriage?”

He sighs at my hesitation.

“You know AJ, usually when two people are in love they get married, start a family…. You know, normal stuff,” he points out.

“You aren’t a normal person,” I point out.

“Yes I am normal! I am a guy who happens to be in love and wants to get married! Just because I have some stupid title doesn’t mean that I am not just a guy!”

“It’s not that being a prince is a bad thing,” I start.

“You are making it out like exactly that! You are blaming me for the family I was born into. Instead of loving me AJ, you are too concerned with yourself and what you feel about reporters and stupid pictures that don’t mean a bloody damn thing!” Harry shouts angrily.

I shrink back. His anger is not something that has been directed at me before.

“You are such a self centered and mean person AJ!” he continues. “You never take into consideration what I am feeling, what I am thinking. All you care is that you are afraid and that is unfair to me!” he yells and gets up yanking his clothes on.

“Harry,” I call his name softly.

He turns to me. His usually warm, beautiful eyes are ice cold now. I can nearly feel my heart stop.

“Don’t AJ.”

I can feel the tears welling up. How could this have turned so wrong? Can’t he understand the terror I feel? I open my mouth as he yanks his shoes on roughly. My body is shaking but either he doesn’t notice, or he just gave up caring.

“Take the day off of work AJ, I don’t want to see you today,” he says not looking at me as he buttons up his top.

I choke back a sob.

“You won’t have to worry about seeing me anymore, period,” I get out.

He turns to me finally and looks at me. The look in his eyes makes my heart freeze.

“If that is what you wish. I accept your resignation,” Harry replies in a formal voice.

I stand up and look at him. He is a blurry figure behind my tears. I slip the ring off and put it into his hand and turn my back on him. I can hear him inhale sharply then there is a pause. Hot tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I force myself to be silent as he hesitates and then walks out. Once the door is shut, I collapse on my bed, face down and sob. Harry is right. I am a selfish person.
End Notes:
I made up the ring in this chapter, I don’t even think it could be done like this but since it is fiction, please play along!

Note Two: Harry is not his real age in this story and I make some pop culture references through out the story that don't make sense for the age time but please play along for that as well.
Chapter 8 by Anita
Madrid, Spain 3 days later.

My phone rings yet again. I can’t keep ignoring the calls. With a sigh I answer.

“Hello?”

“ABOUT BLOODY TIME! I HAVE ONLY CALLED YOU ABOUT 100 TIMES! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?”

“Why don’t you ask Harry?”

A sigh.

“You know he only said what he did out of hurt and anger,”

“Right. Because you know everything Harry thinks,” I say sarcastically.

“Look, we have to talk. Where are you?”

“The Santiago Bernabeu,”

“You are in Madrid?”

“Yup.”

“When are you coming back?”

“Kate. I am not going back to London. There is nothing left for me there.”

“You are wrong about that,”

“Kate. It is over ok?”

“Only because you want it to be,” she shoots back.

“Kate, please. Don’t be difficult. I made up my mind, there is no turning back.”

“You know AJ, when you decided to break up with Harry, you broke up with us as well. I thought we were friends,” Kate says softly.

“Kate, I love you. You are so dear to me but right now, with how fresh things are, maybe we should pause our friendship. Harry doesn’t need you to be friendly with someone whom he probably considers an enemy.”

“You are crazy!”

The tears well up again. I have been crying so much over this.

“I have to go Kate,” I choke out and hang up.

I thought coming to the stadium would help me cheer up. Goodness knows how long I have been obsessed with Real Madrid and have dreamt of coming here. I drop my head into my hands crying. I wish I hadn’t messed up so badly with Harry. I wish that I were back in London planning my wedding to him, but instead, I sit here alone.

“Hey you!” a voice shouts.

Startled I look up. A dark figure is walking towards me. I sit nervously; maybe I am going to get kicked out. He reaches me and I realize that it is Sergio Ramos. He peers at me suspiciously.

“What are you doing sitting out here?” he questions in accented English.

“I’m just thinking,” I reply honestly.

“You look familiar. Have we met?”

I nod.

“We met in England at the Manchester United game,” I remind him.

He looks me over and then nods.

“Right. You were with the prince. You look… a bit different,”

I snort with sarcastic laughter. I know what a mess I must be. Taking out a mirror to check what I look like I wince. My eyes are wet and blood-shot; my skin is pasty white though the circles under my eyes make me rival a raccoon. I look up at Sergio.
“Yeah, I can see why you don’t recognize me,” I sigh.

He hesitates and sits down in the seat next to me.

“Are you ok? I mean obviously you aren’t but…”

“I’ll be fine. Just typical girl problems,”

“Is Prince Harry here?”

“Nope. Just me.”

Sergio stands up.

“You hungry?”

I stare out at the field. The greenness of the grass stretches out and frankly I want to run barefoot across it. I tell Sergio my thoughts.

“So do it,” he encourages.

I want to say no. I want to explain my fears but really. Haven’t my fears done enough damage? I slip my shoes off and stand up. Looking at Sergio I flash him and smile and run down racing across the grass. I burst out laughing, giddy with happiness. I am only 19 and yet I tend to forget that. I forget I am still young and should be having fun. I have always been expected to be an adult, not a child and to be doing something so carefree for once I fling away my worries. I scream loudly taking it in and do a cartwheel.

Sergio jogs up to me and laughs.

“That was quite the display,” he grins.

“Do you have a soccer ball? A football, whatever it’s called. Do you have one?” I demand.

“Sure I do,” he replies and runs to get it.

I stand breathing heavily and promise myself a chance at being young. Sergio returns with a ball and he teaches me passing. In my life, I took piano and violin lessons, I took ballet and enjoyed poetry, I learned how to ride a horse and serve tea. Now I am going to be a teen girl kicking a ball and then, who knows.


Later that day, Sergio and I sit together in a shabby looking but comfortable and clean restaurant.

“You will like it, I promise,” Sergio tells me of the shrimp and rice plate I have ordered.

“It smells so good,” I say as I stab my fork into a shrimp.

He watches with a smile and I carefully take a bit out of it. Flavor bursts in my mouth with the first bite.

“Oh my gosh!” I exclaim and begin to eat in earnest. I have hardly eaten in the last couple of days.

“Told you,” Sergio actually sing songs.

I sip the tea and eat more of the food, Sergio having ordered fish and we get to know each other better.

“Cris over here!” Sergio suddenly calls out.

I look up as Cristiano heads over.

“AJ? What are you doing here?” he questions when he reaches our table.

“I came to Spain for a visit,” I shrug hoping that my stupid blush isn’t making an appearance.

“Did I not give you my cell phone number? You should have called,” he says taking a seat.

“Oh. I didn’t think you were serious,” I squirm.

He gives me a strange look.

“I don’t just give out my personal cell phone number to anyone…”

“Oh,” I say again.

“No matter. You are here now. We will make the most of it no?” he questions looking at me.

“Er, yes?”

Laughing, Cris orders some food and joins in with us. I feel guilty thinking of Harry and with a sigh, push him out of my mind. Too late to fix that now.
Chapter 9 by Anita
*One Week Later*

“Look I know you don’t want to talk to me but I had to warn you,” Kate bursts out after I answer the phone.

“Are you ok? What’s wrong?” I ask alarmed by her urgency.

Kate sighs.

“Harry was photographed last night on a date with Cressida Bonas,” Kate says.

Harry. On a date.

“Oh. Well whatever, he is single, he can date whomever he pleases,” I finally answer.

“How upset are you?” Kate questions gently.

“Not upset at all,” I lie. “Besides, I have a date myself,” I stammer out.

“Who?”

“Cristiano Ronaldo,” I reply casually, hoping she doesn’t hear my shakiness.

“Oh, the footballer you met with Harry?” she questions.

“Yup. Same one,”

“Well, hope you have fun,” she tells me.

“Thank you darling. Talk to you soon!” I hang up and growl frustrated.

I grab my cell phone again and dial Cristiano.

“Hello baby doll,” Cristiano greets when he answers.

“Hey what are you doing?” I ask sitting down.

“Just finished practice. What’s up?”

I sigh.

“Can you come over?”

“Right now?”

“Please,”

“Sure, I will drive over. See you soon,” he says and hangs up.

Groaning with despair, I wait for him to arrive. Strange as it is, my footballing crush has turned out to become a close friend. Job interviews were done for the day so I changed into a pair of black sweat pants and a tank top. Throwing my hair into a messy knot, I pad barefoot into the kitchen to make something for Cris to eat when he got here.

“What’s wrong love?” Cristiano asks walking in.

I tell him about Kate’s call, about Harry’s date and my lie about having my own date.

“Would a date with me be so bad?” Cristiano asks.

“Well, no but you have become one of my best friends. I don’t want to ruin that,” I sigh and sit down hard.

“Look, it has only been a week since you got here. I say go for it,” Cris says leaning forward.

“Cris, my feelings for Harry were not fake. I loved him enough that yes, even though I was scared, I wanted to marry him. Instead I let my fears ruin it. I can’t just go run and jump into another relationship.”

“No one said anything about a relationship. A date. Harry is moving on with his life AJ, you are allowed to as well. Maybe we won’t like dating each other and will stay friends. We won’t know until we give it a try though.”

Cris has a point. Obviously it didn’t matter to Harry we had only been broken up roughly 10 days. He has moved on with the blond, model thin Cressida. I sighed and looked at Cris.

“You are right.”

Cris laughed. He knew already how much I hated to be wrong.

“So… we got a date?” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him but smiled.

“I guess so yes. We have a date… if you are asking me that is,” I respond coyly.

“AJ, I would like to invite you over to my house for dinner,” Cris said staring deeply into my eyes.
I inhale sharply. I have dreamt of this moment for so long. I smiled slowly.

“Ok, yes Cris. I would love to join you for dinner,” I whisper.

He kisses my cheek and stands.

“I need to be going then so I can get ready,” he says.

I walk him out and decide what to wear. I am so nervous that nothing seems right. Sighing I glance at the clock. Ok, I have plenty of time. I head to the living room where the hardwood floors call to me. They are one of the main reasons I had chosen this apartment. Digging into the closet, I pull out my soft, leather ballet slippers. I take them everywhere for good luck. Slipping my feet in the soft, worn shoes, I feel myself relax. I don’t practice en pointe anymore, but dancing ballet keeps me in shape and grounded. Turning on the radio, I plug in my I-pod and my favorite musical piece, Canon in D Major begins.

The back of the sofa makes a great ballet bar for me and I begin to warm up. The violins begin their dramatic crescendo and I lose myself in the dance.

“Isn’t that a wedding song?” A familiar voice breaks into my relaxation.

I stop dead, confused. No way.

“Hello? Are you going to answer me?” he demands.

I whirl around. I have left my laptop on from my earlier skyping and he has tuned in.

“What do you want Harry?” I snap.

“The song you are listening to, do you know it is a wedding song?” he asks again.

I shrug my shoulder.

“So? It happens to be my favorite song and I’ve always used it for ballet.”

“William said I should let you know that for the queens ball coming up, I will be taking Cressida Bonas with me,” he says after a pause.

“Why would William think I care?” I shoot back.

Harry is silent. I am sure my comment stung. I don’t care. I cross my arms over my chest; hip cocked to the side a bit. After a moment Harry looks at me again.

“Kate says you have a date with Cristiano Ronaldo. Is it true?” he questions.
“Not that it is any of your business but yes. I do have a date tonight with Cris,” I reply.

Harry winces at my nickname for him. Doesn’t matter if I didn’t make it up but to use it shows we aren’t strangers.

“Well, I hope you have a good time then AJ,” he answers; his voice has softened.

My heart skips a beat. Could he still possibly care for me?

“Yeah Harry. You too,” I answer, my thoughts and heart racing.

He signs off and I am left with the violins caressing the emptiness with me. Now, after the talk with Harry, the song just brings tears to my eyes. Blinking my eyes hard, I return to my ballet stretches, but my heart is no longer in it.

Sighing, I turn off the music and flop down my head in my hands. Funny how with out seeing Harry, I was able to almost push all of the hurt away, yet, now that I talked to him, saw his face; I feel the pang in my heart worse than ever. I decide to get ready for my date with Cris and yank off the slippers. I stomp to my room wanting to stomp the pain out of my heart. What the heck should I wear? I am just going to Cristiano’s house for dinner so it shouldn’t be that big of a deal but it is.

Jeans might be too casual but it isn’t like I am going to show up in a ball gown. I growl softly flinging clothes out of my closet. I can almost hear Harry ask ‘what the bloody hell am I doing?’ I don’t want to dress too sexily right? Yet I don’t want to look like a librarian. Oh for crying out loud! Why is it so hard to be a girl?

“Ok Alexandra. You are a big girl, you can dress yourself,” I say out loud firmly.

I pull out a pair of black leggings and a boyfriend style red sweater. I pull on the outfit and slip into some casual black ankle boots. I curl my hair with a curling iron, add some mascara and lip-gloss and am satisfied. I quickly add a pair of hoop earrings and survey my appearance. Satisfied, I grab my purse and head out.

At his house, Cristiano opens the door wearing nothing but a pair of jeans. I blush at the sight of his bare feet and chest.

“Am I too early?” I ask him shyly.

“No, I just had a hard time deciding what to make for dinner and fell behind,” he replies sheepishly.

I laugh lightly as he lets me in. The house is filled with a rich aroma of whatever he has made for dinner.

“Do I need to put a shirt on or am I ok?” Cris questions with a sly look in his eyes.

I shrug.

“It is your house. Dress however you want,” I offer.

“Great. I will stay like this then,” he replies.

Taking my hand, Cris leads the way into the kitchen. With an exaggerated bow, he pulls out the chair at the round kitchen table and I slip in easily.

“Make yourself at home and I will serve us,” he says placing a quick kiss on my cheek.

“Don’t you need help?” I ask.

“No doll, you just relax. This is your night,” he winks as he gets down two plates.

“How was your afternoon?” I ask him watching his back muscles move as he fixed our plates of food.

“Stressful,” he laughs. “Needed to make a good impression for our first date.”

He walks over with the food. On our plates is a pile of rice with pieces of chicken and mango on top of the rice.

“Wow this looks great,” I exclaim as the scents hit my nose. “Wait. I smell coconut,” I say examining the plate.

“Coconut rice darling,” Cris replies.

I lift the fork and take a bite. I am deeply impressed with the flavors of the sweet coconut rice and the savory chicken. The mango pieces add just a little something extra. Cris joins me and we talk about the things going on with us.

“I am getting so bored though,” I complain.

Cris looks alarmed.

“With what?”

I sigh.

“Ok, I have to confess something,” I say.

He raises an eyebrow worriedly.

“I am a huge bookworm. I find myself feeling dull, as I don’t have any new books. I brought along three with me on this trip and have already read them a couple times each! I am going crazy with out new material,” I exclaim.

“Books? But darling, do you not have an e-reader?” he questions confused.

I sigh.

“I’m an oldie but goodie. I love the real thing. Sure I have a reader but I want books!”

“So… can you not go to a book store?”

“Sure. I could…. IF I KNEW WHERE ONE WAS! Do they sell books written in English here in Spain?” I question feeling dumb.

“Actually yes. They do. I can show you after dinner if you desire.”

I can feel myself light up.

“Oh! Please! Yes, please do show me!” I say bouncing with excitement.

I see his amused look and blush. I must seem like such a loser but I can’t help being excited. We eat as Cris begins to tell me about soccer training, the stresses, his goals, how the team is doing and so on. I listen intently, thrilled to have an insider view on my favorite team. I ask questions and we laugh over some of my opinions. Being on this date with Cris is so different than dating Harry. It feels normal, yet something still feels as if it were missing. I guiltily push away my Harry thoughts and refocus as Cris cleans the table up and faces me.

“How about we get to the book store before it closes and then we come back for the dessert I made?” he asks with a smile putting on a shirt and his shoes.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to be rude,” I answer.

“It would be rude for me to keep you waiting to get together with your true love,” Cris replies offering me a hand.

I fear Cris knows that I was thinking of Harry and then realize he meant books.

“Thank you,” I smile accepting his hand.

He leads me to his car and we drive to a cute, indie bookstore that sells books in both Spanish and English.
Chapter 10 by Anita
Walking in, I pause and inhale deeply. I am one of those weirdo’s that smells my books because I just love the way they smell. I wonder around, not sure where to start but am excited to be here. Cris follows, glancing at a few titles himself.

“Are you a reader?” I question.

He shrugs.

“It isn’t my favorite thing to do but… I could always start,” he says with a smile.

“Ooo how about this?” I ask him holding up a biography on Lionel Messi.

Cris growls lowly at me. I giggle and put it back. I look around and realize I am fully in the biography section. I do love to read biographies and autobiographies. Cris flips through a book on the world cup as I scan the shelves to see if anything captures my attention.

“Hm, this could work,” I mutter out loud to myself and reach for a book on Bonnie and Clyde.

“You like that kind of stuff?” Cris asks peering over my shoulder.

“I know some facts about them and the Barrow gang. Did you know that Bonnie Parker wrote poetry? I read ‘The Story of Suicide Sal’ and I found it rather good. Sad to think she could have been so much more than she was,” I reply looking at the back of the book and decide it will be my first purchase.

“Did you read it just because?”

“Actually it was for a college project. I am taking a year off now before sophomore year, but last year, my freshman year, I took a poetry class. Our professor asked us to find a poem, memorize it and dress in character to present to the class. He asked us to use lesser-known poets instead of the usuals, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, you know the most famous poets? Anyway, I was struggling and running out of time. Typical college story right? So I decided to go out and get some shopping done and made my way into a boutique. They had a beret that I decided to try on for fun. I was looking in the mirror and the owner said that I reminded her of Bonnie Parker from the infamous duo of Bonnie and Clyde. So I went back to my dorm to look up info. Sure I had heard of them, who hadn’t? But I didn’t know a lot about them. I read up on them and saw that Bonnie had written a couple of poems that had been published in newspapers in that day. I memorized ‘The Story of Suicide Sal’, dressed up in a Bonnie type of outfit including the beret and recited away for class,” I tell him the story.

“Do you still remember the poem?” Cris asks.
I smile.

“Yes, I do,”

He crossed his arms leaning on the shelf.

“Read when you are Miss Bonnie,” he teases.

Smiling, I begin to recite the poem.

We each of us have a good "alibi"
For being down here in the "joint;"
But few of them really are justified
If you get right down to the point.
You've heard of a woman's glory
Being spent on a "downright cur,"
Still you can't always judge the story
As true, being told by her.
As long as I've stayed on this "island,"
And heard "confidence tales" from each "gal,"
Only one seemed interesting and truthful ---
The story of "Suicide Sal."
Now "Sal" was a gal of rare beauty,
Though her features were coarse and tough;
She never once faltered from duty
To play on the "up and up."
"Sal" told me this take on the evening
Before she was turned out "free,"
And I'll do my best to relate it
Just as she told it to me:
I was born on a ranch in Wyoming;
Not treated like Helen of Troy;
I was taught that "rods are rulers"
And "ranked" as a greasy cowboy.
Then I left my old home for the city
To play in its mad dizzy whirl,
Not knowing how little pity
It holds for a country girl.
There I fell for "the line" of a "henchman,"
A "professional killer" from "Chi;"
I couldn't help loving him madly;
For him even now I would die.
One year we were desperately happy;
Our "ill gotten gains" we spent free;
I was taught the ways of the "underworld;"
Jack was just like a "god" to me.
I got on the "F.B.A." payroll
To get the "inside lay" of the "job;"
The bank was "turning big money!"
It looked like a "cinch" for the "mob."
Eighty grand without even a "rumble"-
Jack was the last with the "loot" in the door,
When the "teller" dead-aimed a revolver
From where they forced him to the floor.
I knew I had only a moment -
He would surely get Jack as he ran;
So I "staged a ""big fade out" beside him
And knocked the forty-five out of his hand.
They "rapped me down big" at the station,
And informed me that I'd get the blame
For the "dramatic stunt" pulled on the "teller"
Looked to them too much like a "game."
The "police" called it a "frame-up,"
Said it was an "inside job,"
But I steadily denied any knowledge
Or dealings with "underworld mobs,"
The "gang" hired a couple of lawyers,
The best "fixers" in any man's town,
But it takes more than lawyers and money
When Uncle Sam starts "shaking you down."
I was charged as a "scion of gangland"
And tried for my wages of sin;
The "dirty dozen" found me guilty -
From five to fifty years in the pen.
I took the "rap" like good people,
And never one "squawk" did I make.
Jack "dropped himself" on the promise
That we make a "sensational break."
Well, to shorten a sad lengthy story,
Five years have gone over my head
Without even so much as a letter -
At first I thought he was dead.
But not long ago I discovered
From a gal in the joint named Lyle,
That Jack and he "moll" had "got over"
And were living in true "gangster style."
If he had returned to me sometime,
Though he hadn't a cent to give,
I'd forget all this hell that he's caused me,
And love him as long as I live.
But there's no chance of his ever coming,
For he and his moll have no fears
But that I will die in prison,
Or "flatten" this fifty years.
Tomorrow I'll be on the "outside"
And I'll "drop myself" on it today:
I'll "bump 'em" if they give me the "hotsquat"
On this island out here in the bay …
The iron doors swung wide next morning
For a gruesome woman of waste,
Who at last had a chance to "fix it."
Murder showed in her cynical face.
Not long ago I read in the paper
That a gal on the East Side got "hot,"
And when the smoke finally retreated,
Two of gangdom were found "on the spot."
It related the colorful story
Of a "jilted gangster gal."
Two days later, a "sub-gun" ended
The story of "Suicide Sal."

I finish the poem, slightly breathless. I realize that several other people have stopped to listen as I had lost myself in the poem. Cristiano begins to clap and the others join in, cheering. Blushing madly, I drop a quick curtsy and give a quick wave to the small crowd.

“That was impressive,” Cris says when we are alone again.

“Well, I did get an A…” I say sheepishly.

“I can see why,” he winks.

I shake my head overwhelmed by the flattery. I turn back to seek more books. Another title catches my eye. Do I dare? I wonder. I pull it out and read the back. Frankly it sounds interesting.

“What do you have there?” Cristiano asks.

“Jackie, Ethel and Joan: Women of Camelot,” I respond.

“Interesting choices there.”

“What do you mean?”

“A book on notorious outlaws and a book on political women…”

I raise my eyebrow at him and smirk.

“I also like Twilight and Harry Potter,” I blink sweetly at him.

He laughs. I move away from the biography/autobiography section and decide to pick up one more book but I need a lighter read. I browse the different selections and at times, pause to steal glances. I can’t believe I am here with Cristiano Ronaldo, the greatest soccer player in the world. Yet, for being as famous as he is, we have not been bothered. I feel comfortable.

I find a new comedy romance by one of my favorite authors and feel ready for now.

“Find anything you want?” I call over to Cris.

He shakes his head.

“Not today,” he shrugs and follows me to the cashier.

The cashier gives me my total and I open my wallet counting out bills.

“I got it,” Cristiano interrupts, paying for my stuff.

I give him a look.

“I didn’t expect you to pay for my stuff…”

“I know you didn’t I wanted to. Learn how to accept gifts babe.”

I thank him but feel moody. I am used to being independent. We walk out into the fresh night air and I suddenly stumble feeling dizzy. Cristiano catches my arm.

“Are you ok?” he asks worriedly.

“I feel strange. Like my head is a balloon floating away from my head,” I respond nervously.

He leads me to a bench and we sit down. I lean forward and he rubs my back.

“Do you think the food is making you sick?” he questions.

I shake my head.

“No, it was great. This just came on suddenly and I just,” I break off as my stomach suddenly heaving.

Eyes wide I look around frantically. Cris yanks my arm quickly and we rush to a garbage can but I throw up before we reach it.

“Oh my gosh!” I gasp realizing where I had thrown up.

Cristiano stands there with my puke all over his shirt. I burst into tears.

“It’s ok, it’s ok calm down,” he tries to reassure me slipping the shirt off and stuffing it into the trash. “Look, it’s no big deal,” he says reaching for me.

“I just turned this into the worst date ever!” I wail.

“AJ, you are sick. No big deal. It happens,”

“But I puked on you!” I cry harder.

Cris hugs me and whispers softly into my hair in Portuguese. I don’t understand what he is saying but it sounds so soothing. My crying slows down, but to be honest, I still feel extremely sick.

“Let’s go darling,” he whispers and leads me back to the car, my book bag in his free hand.

Back at his house, I am feeling ill still. I poke at dessert but have grown so pale, Cristiano takes my temperature and finds me feverish.

“Maybe you should stay the night. I don’t want you driving home. You can stay in the guestroom,” he offers.

Shaking, I agree and with his help, make it up stairs. He dresses me in a spare, soft, soccer jersey of his and I crawl into bed. He tucks me in but I am already fading as he whispers something I can’t make out. The night is rough. I wake several times, throwing up and feeling miserable. I keep Cris awake who joins me in the bathroom every time to hold my hair back.

At five in the morning, I lay with my cheek against the cold tile.

“We have to go to the doctor AJ,” Cristiano insists again.

“You have practice,” I protest.

He gathers me up into his arms and carries me to the bed. I hear him on the phone talking quietly but quickly. Soon he is back, carrying me to the car.

“I called Sergio. He agreed the ER is the best thing to do,” Cris says as he starts the car and begins to drive.

I shut my eyes. I am so worn out. What the heck is going on? I was fine. Everything was fine and then bam it hit me. We got checked in and taken to a back examine room. I had to give permission for Cristiano to be allowed to be back with me as he wasn’t my family or my husband. He had to have them agree to keep his identity secret. The doctor spoke heavily accented English. Cris helped me understand.

“And Miss. Alexandra, when was your last period?” he asked taking notes.

“It was…” I break off thinking. In all the drama of my life lately, I can’t remember exactly the date. I explain to the doctor.

“We need to take some blood tests to start with,” the doctor says and tells the nurse to also start an IV.

I hold Cris’ hand as they draw the blood and put the IV in my arm. I lay back.

“It is probably just stress,” I tell Cris as we wait.

He tucks me in and instructs me to rest. I sigh nervously and try to settle down. We both sleep off and on but it is an uneasy sleep. My stomach is feeling better and I briefly wonder if I had exaggerated everything. At a quarter til eight, the doctor walks back in.

“Good news Miss. Alexandra,” he exclaims and takes a seat.

“The results are in. Congratulations are due. You are six weeks pregnant.
End Notes:
Received some bad news in my family so I am unable to update very often. I apologize. Hope I still have readers on this story.
Chapter 11 by Anita
I feel as if the life is being sucked out of me. I am having a nightmare right? Harry! Oh my gosh Harry! I sit numbly as Cris and the doctor talk in Spanish. The IV is taken out. I am discharged with some pills for my stomach and an appointment for the next day for an ultrasound. I am silent as Cristiano gets me into the car and back to his house. He seats me on the couch but I have still not uttered a word. I hear him call Sergio and then the coach that due to an emergency, he will not be at practice. I can’t form the words to tell him to go. Cris paces back and forth, he tries talking to me. I hear him mutter something about shock.

“I am going to call your friend Kate Middleton,” he finally says.

“NO!” I scream. “SHE CAN’T KNOW. HARRY CAN’T KNOW!” I am growing hysterical.

He sits beside me.

“Calm down AJ, you have to calm down for the baby,” he says placing his hand against my stomach.

I shudder. There is a baby, Harry’s baby growing inside of me. I begin to cry and sob into Cristiano’s arms. He rocks me and begins to sing trying to calm me down. I lay with my head on his shoulder between his legs and he rubs my tummy.

“Oh my gawd. My mother is going to kill me! I am a teen mom! The queen is going to behead me. My life is over!” I whisper.

“Baby, we have to let Harry know,”

“No way! He moved on with that Cressida, dancer girl. I am NOT telling him he knocked me up!”

“Well, do you plan on keeping the baby?” Cris asks.

I grow quiet. I haven’t thought of my other options. What would happen if I aborted the next royal baby? Then again, no one would know. I close my eyes and picture a small baby Harry in my arms. But I am trying to start a relationship with Cristiano. How can I if I am pregnant by another man? I still love Harry. I have feelings for Cris.

“I don’t know,” I finally answer. “I should be going. I’ve taken enough of your time,” I say moving out of his arms to stand.

He pulls me back down.

“AJ, you shouldn’t be alone right now. You don’t have to go,” he says looking into my eyes. “Stay,” he commands in a gentle voice, eyes locked on mine.

Slowly, I lean forward and press my lips to his. The kiss doesn’t erupt a fire in me like Harry’s did but the kiss still gives me butterflies and gives me hope.


Even though I haven’t officially moved in with Cristiano, I have been spending all my time with him at his home. We cook meals together, watch movies in the evenings after his practices. We are content staying in on the couch curled up together, my feet in his lap as he massages them.

Cris comes in from practice and drops a kiss gently on my lips.

“How’s the little one today?” he questions.

“Giving mommy a hard time,” I sigh. The day had been long and hard.

“AJ, we have to talk,” Cris says sitting down, his face serious.

I feel my stomach drop. This could not be good. Is he tired of me and wants me to move on? I slowly sit, worry in my eyes.

“It’s been a couple of weeks AJ, you need to tell him. He deserves to know,” Cris says gently.

I feel the tears welling up again. Cristiano is right.

“AJ, it is your choice what to do after Harry finds out. I just want you to know though, you will always have a home with me here in Spain, so will the baby,” Cris continues.

“Will you go to England with me?” I ask too afraid to go by myself.

Cristiano nods.

“I have some time off before the next game. I will make the arrangements.”

As he goes to his office, I pull out my cell phone and call Kate.

“AJ?” she asks answering.

“Yeah. It’s me. I just wanted to let you know I am coming to England.”

“Is everything ok?” she questions.

“Yes and no. I have to see Harry. Can you arrange that by any chance?” I ask nervously chewing my lip.

“He is here having dinner with me and William. Let me put him on.”

“What? Kate no!” I plead.

“AJ?” Harry asks getting on the phone.

I shut my eyes with a groan.

“Harry, hi,”

“Hey. Are you ok?” he questions.

“Yeah. Look I am coming to London. I have to speak with you, in person. Is that alright?” I blurt out.

“Um sure. Let me know when you are here. You have my number,” he reminds me.

I say my goodbyes and quickly get off the phone.

“We will be there tomorrow,” Cris says coming back.

“That soon?” I cry shocked.

“The sooner the better AJ,”

He sits with me on the couch and rubs my feet.

“It is going to be ok,” he promises quietly.

Sighing, we order take out for dinner. I decide to skip the movie for the night and go to my room to pack. In a folder I put the first ultrasounds in it along with some reports on the pregnancy. I have no idea how Harry is going to react and it terrifies me out of my wits. There is nothing I can do now but wait.
End Notes:
Trying to get back into writing again
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11207