Where Do We Go From Here by Sheila Valerie
Summary:


She stole Nick hearts, but can she deal with his Rock Star lifestyle?

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 79644 Read: 20000 Published: 01/23/16 Updated: 03/02/16

1. Killing Me Soflty In a World Like This by Sheila Valerie

2. Chance Encounter by Sheila Valerie

3. Recognized and Followed by Sheila Valerie

4. Virtual Love Letters by Sheila Valerie

5. Men in Her Life by Sheila Valerie

6. Jealousy at it's Best by Sheila Valerie

7. Grave Secret by Sheila Valerie

8. Daddy's Girl Says Farewell by Sheila Valerie

9. Nissa's Promise by Sheila Valerie

10. Spill the Beans, Carter by Sheila Valerie

11. Tragically Determined by Sheila Valerie

12. I Can't Pretend Anymore by Sheila Valerie

13. I Promise You by Sheila Valerie

Killing Me Soflty In a World Like This by Sheila Valerie
Author's Notes:
Fun Fact: This chapter is my In a World experience. I just changed some details so it would fit the story.
“Nick, I don’t know, I’m too scared to do what you ask me to” She told Nick. The man that she was married to for 8 years. The one she believed loved her enough not to stray. But she was wrong…



August 30, 2013 4:00pm



That summer Nissa went down to Dallas, Texas to visit her mom's best friend, Patsy. She hadn't seen her since her mom had passed away in 2001. Patsy watched her grow from afar and she considered her, her aunt. Since she was her mother's "Right Wing Man". She missed her very much and she decided to go down to see her. She couldn't go up to see her because she owned a diner. Called Patsy's Diner. Coincidentally, Backstreet Boys were gonna be in town. She bought Nissa a ticket to the show and a ticket to the after party for her birthday. I don't think she knew what she had done for her.



She arrived at Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie, Texas. She was there to see Backstreet Boys. This was her second time seeing them in. The first time she saw them, she was just 5 years old. Her mom had taken her to see them with her. Her mom was a big Kevin Richardson fan. She had been a fan since the very beginning. When the Boys were just beginning their careers. Even though she lived in Springfield, Massachusetts, she already had their music. She had a pen pal somewhere in Berlin, Germany. She had sent her mom a cassette tape of the Boys, and many posters. On September 4th, 1996 she was listening to "As Long As You Love Me", when Nissa decided she wanted to come out. She was born on September 5th, 1996 at 2:58am.



As soon as Nissa got there, she went around back of the venue. She got to a gate. There was a group of fans standing there waiting to catch a glimpse of the Boys. They could see their buses parked. They said hello to each other and they just talked about their experiences with the Boys, and other concerts, venues, etc. They all had a good time hanging out back there. All of the sudden they saw Nick get off his bus, so they all shouted his name. He looked at them and they all waved. Ha! He waved back. Nissa was ecstatic because she had been dreaming about this man for a long time. As soon as he walked into the venue, she took to Twitter and Facebook. Posting statuses saying that she had already seen Nick!



6:30pm



It was time to go in. Nissa had to go Check in for the After Party, which she was beyond excited for. At that point nobody knew which boys were going to be at the After Party. She checked in and got a drink. And she just chilled till the show started at 7.



At 7 sharp she got to her seat. The lights had been turned off. The show was about to start. The opening acts performed from 7-9:30pm. Then the Boys came out with a bang.



Nissa was beyond excited. She couldn’t believe that after 12 years she was able to see them once again. She was old enough to understand her emotions and her fangirling. They performed for almost 4 hours. Every song they performed went right through her. It was a feeling like no other. It was like they had struck her with lightning. She thought it was one of the best shows she had ever seen. Yes, she had seen full shows on YouTube. And by far In a World like This tour was the best.



At the end of the show it was announced that Nick, Kevin, and Howie were gonna be at the After Party. She squealed. She couldn’t believe that she was gonna see Nick up close. She walked out of the theater area and got in line for the After Party. 10 minutes later they opened the doors to the Lounge where the party was happening. Nissa proudly showed her pass! And in the door she went.



Nissa stood behind the small crowd that got in before she did. They were setting up the equipment while the boys finished up their VIP appearances. 20 minutes later in came one of the bodyguards with Nick’s Mac Laptop. Once again she squealed. She was excited because she knew that it was Nick's from seeing pictures on his Instagram and other sites that she followed him on. She also knew that they were about to make their entrance. One thing she knew was that it was gonna come down to pushing and shoving to get closer to him. She was determined to do so.



The doors opened and in came Kevin, then Howie, and finally Nick. The crowd went wild as expected. Nick went to the DJ booth and he started playing music. Then Kevin and Howie were up closer on stage to the fans. Occasionally, Nick would come out of the DJ booth to interact with the fans. It was a really intimate lounge. Perfect for an acoustic set, kind of setting.



The Boys announced that they were gonna bring groups of 5 girls onstage. And that they could go up and dance with them and take pictures. They all got excited. The party got started. Nick continued to spin and they were all dancing and screaming and doing everything that is expected in fangirling. The groups kept going up and taking pictures. And the closer to the stage Nissa got the faster her heart was beating. But while the girls were going up on stage and she was waiting patiently to get up there herself, Nick kept looking up from the turntable, in her direction. Not exactly at her…well it was one of those situations that he was looking straight at her but not paying attention to her. She knew he was just lost in the music. But to her it felt like he WAS staring straight at her. And he was stripping her soul. She felt him go through her and her soul was naked for him to see. At that moment the song “Killing Me Softly” by the Fugees was screaming in her head.



“Strummin my pain with his fingers, Singin my life with his words, Killing me softly with his song,
Telling my whole life with his words, Killing me softly with his song”


Exactly how the song goes, is exactly how Nissa felt. As weird as that sounded. So she finally got next to the stage. She was in the next batch of girls to get on stage. The music stopped. Kevin proceeded to tell them that they had to head out. It was just Nissa's luck to be so close but so far away. She got sad because she had been waiting 12 years for that moment. And it felt like he had broken her heart. And not only that, it was her birthday. Nick sets up the next song, and then he picked up the microphone and joined the other Boys at the front of the stage. He started singing one of her favorite Journey songs, Don’t Stop Believing. As she got into the song, Nissa reached out her hand to him. He grabbed her hand. And he held it for a good minute. He looked at her. The feeling was so strong that she thought she was gonna collapse on the floor at that moment. She didn’t. She sang along with him. The end of the song came and they said their thank you’s and goodbye’s. She snuck out to the hall where the Boys were gonna walk out to. There were 2 bodyguards standing in blockade. She tried getting past them because Nick was the last one to get off the stage. She was trying to get to him. The bodyguards succeeded in holding her back. So she yelled at Nick “Nick!!!...It’s my birthday!!!!” He didn’t turn around and left. Nissa made her way to the entrance of the Venue. She ran back around the venue where the buses were parked. As she got to the gate, Kevin was leaving the building to climb on his bus. He saw some fans standing over there and he came over. He took pictures and gave autographs. When he got to Nissa, he signed her After Party pass and she asked him, “Can you get Nick for me please, it’s my birthday and I want a picture.”



“I’m sorry sweetie, Nick’s already on the bus.” Nissa thanked him. But she was very disappointed. She waited till the buses left. Then she walked over to catch a cab. But as she was walking to the front of the venue, the moment from “Just Want You to Know” video where Nick gets out of the car and is walking toward his house and he says “That was awesome” came into her head. Nissa said it aloud and giggled.


Chance Encounter by Sheila Valerie

The next morning, Nissa was supposed to fly back home. She was going to Friendship, Maine. Yes that's where the movie Casper was based in. Where everything turned picturesque when every fall came around.

When her mom died, Nissa's dad decided to leave Springfield, MA. Not only because it wasn't the best city for him to raise a daughter, but also because he missed her mom. He saw her every where he went. He needed a change. In all honesty Nissa didn't blame him. She loved it in Friendship. She wouldn't live anywhere else.

Nissa got to DFW and checked in. As soon as she checked in she picked up her cell phone and called her best friend Sophie back in Maine.

“Good morning, sunshine” Sophie answered.

“Good morning.” I replied back.

“So how was it?”

“How was what?”

“The concert, silly!”

“It was awesome. The music was great. The after party was off the hook. And I got to touch Nick’s hand while he sang Journey’s Don't Stop Believing!" Nissa felt like her heart was gonna burst out of her chest as she told her what happened. She was reliving it all over again!

“Did you get a picture with him?”

“No, but I got Kevin’s autograph.” Nissa could read her mind. She wanted to know why Nissa didn't get a picture with Nick. “Just my luck I guess” I told her.

“Well at least he touched your hand” She said disappointed for me.

“Yes he did. I just wish that I was able to get a picture with him. Nevertheless, I had a good time”

“That’s what counts.” In all honesty, Nissa was bitter about the whole situation. She had him right there in front of her and she knew if she had fought to get in the front from the beginning, she could’ve gotten it. So she was beating herself up for that. She got in line to go through security. Her flight didn't leave for another 2 hours. Since she was supposed to be at the airport 2 or more hours in advance. She put her things on the belt and they went through. She took her shoes off. Then walked through the checkpoint. She was lucky enough not to set the machine off. She picked up her stuff from the belt and got back to her conversation with Sophie.


“I'm not gonna lie I am really disapointed. I mean I flew all the way down there to see them”

"No you didn't!" giggled Sophie.

“HaHaHa you're right! But still I could tell him that.”

“Whatever! Anyway, I'm going to let you go. I just wanna relax and eat my breakfast. I'll call you when I get to the house.”

“Ok Nissa, I hope you have a good flight and trip. I love you!”

“I love you too! Bye” Nissa went to the gate where her plane was leaving from. She looked around and the four adjacent gates were completely solitary. Except for some scattered people, waiting for their planes. But one of them caught her eye. He was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt under a Tampa Bay Buccaneers hoodie. He had his hood on his head. He was also wearing his Beatz headphones. He was using his iPad. Nissa had to go to the bathroom, and she had to walk by him. So she did. She got a closer look. It WAS who she thought it was. It was the one and only... NICK CARTER! But why was he at the airport? They were supposed to be headed to Houston for their show tonight. He was sitting at the gate with the flight destined to LAX. She was flipping out. She completely forgot she needed to use the bathroom. She slowly approached him. She wanted that picture with him. He took his headphones off.

"Hey" he greeted her with what she liked to call his 10,000,000 Million watt smile.

"Good morning, Nick! How are you?" Nissa asked him, trying not to sound like what she called 'Crazies'. Crazies are the Nick fans that go crazy and will do anything, including rip his clothes off and/or grab body parts that are meant to be touched by a girlfriend.

"I'm doing good" he smiled.

"That's really good. I went to see you last night. Awesome show!"

"Thank you! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!"

"I did. I even went to the after party."



"Great! So did you come up onstage and danced with us?"

"No I was in the next line that was supposed to get on, when you guys had to go."

"I thought you looked familiar"

"Yes, oh I was so heartbroken. Because the concert was my birthday present from my aunt."

"Well...I'm so sorry. I look like crap but I'll take a picture with you!"

"Ooooooh will you? I would love you forever and back!" She squealed. He grinned at her. He grabbed her iPhone 4 and he snapped multiple pictures. He took 6 pictures, all with different poses. He made her month. No he made her year! He took a 7th one. This one he gave her a kiss on the cheek. She was so happy!

"Happy Birthday, uh?"

"Nissa"

"Happy Birthday, Nissa! What a pretty name!"

"It's Japanese. My mom was Japanese."

"Wow! You don't look it!"

"I have my dad's features. He's Puerto Rican. All I have of my mom is the almond slanted blue eyes, long black hair, big breast, and tiny waist. Everything else is my dad's."

"Wow, well you are gorgeous." She couldn't believe her ears. Nick Carter said she was gorgeous! Her fangirling side wanted to make an appearance.

"Thank you!" She blushed. So much for her 'Crazies' not coming out. "By the way, why are you going back home? I know you guys have a show in Houston.”

"Nacho's sick"

"Oh I'm sorry. I hope he gets better"

"Thank you. I will be back tonight before the show though"

"That's good!" They called for her flight to board.

"Well that's me. Thank you so much for the pictures."

"You are very welcome, Nissa" She was so shocked to hear how sexual her name sounded coming out his mouth.

"Bye!"

"Bye Bye!" He hugged her and she about melted in his arms. She walked to her gate. She got on. As soon as she got into her seat, she looked at the pictures that she just took with Nick. She was still in shock. He was so sweet! She fell in love with him all over again. 6 hours later they touched down in Knox County Regional Airport. Since she normally didn't like flying, She never slept. So the whole time she was thinking about how gorgeous and sweet Nick really was. And all the things she should've said. Now her only hope was that he'd fall in love with her. HA! That was the fan girl in her thinking. She hailed a cab and headed home after grabbing her suitcase. When she got there, she found her dad writing some notes.

"Hey Dad"

"Hey sweetheart, welcome back!"

"Thanks dad! What you doing?"

"Taking notes for a high profile case I'm working on. God I missed you child! It's been too quiet around here!"

"I missed you too dad!" He got up from his desk just to hug her! Her dad really loved her. He'd been the best dad a girl could ever have.

"So I'm going to meet up with Sophie at Coffee Dreams. I'll be back early so you and I could go have dinner."

"Sounds good honey. That new restaurant you wanted to go to just opened. I'll make reservations."

"OK dad, that sounds good!" she squealed. She couldn't wait for it to open because the child in her was curious to see if they lived up it's name of 'Le Frogs' and if they cooked and served frogs! Nissa texted Sophie to meet me at Coffee Dreams. They arrived at the same time.

"Hey" Nissa ran and hugged her.

"Hi! It's about time you came home. My summer sucked nasty balls!"

"Well now I'm back. Everything is better now... OH guess what!!!!!!"

"What!?"

"Remember that picture I didn't get with Nick?"

"Yeah"

"Well I got 7 of them!!!"

"No Shit!!!?"

"No SHIT! he was at the airport going to LAX! And we took these!" She showed Sophie the pictures. She couldn't believe that Nissa did get them.

"He was really awesome. I just wish that he fell in love with me!"

"Nissa he's a celebrity. I highly doubt that he did."

"Soph, way to burst my bubble. And it'd be like a commoner marrying a prince/princess. Oh I'd love that."

"Nissa get your head out of the clouds"

"I know, I know. So what you do all summer?"

"Well, I went on several dates with Joel. He's really sweet."

"So are you guys going to pursue something more?"

"We might. I really like him!"

"Oh Sophie, I'm so happy for you! I wish you the best." They sat down to drink their hot chocolates. The crisp fall air was upon them. The leaves had just begun to change. This was Nissa's favorite time of year. She loved the cool air that made them put on sweaters and hoodies. Have bonfires in the woods. Your typical fall stereotypes. At that moment Joel came in and sat with them. Joel was the nerdy friend every group had. Except that he was more techy.

"Hey girls" he greeted them.

"Hey. I heard about your dates. I'm too excited!"

"Thank you" he said smiling at Sophie.

"Aww look at you two. It's disgusting."

"Shut up"

"Well I gotta go, dad and me are going to 'Le Frogs' for dinner. And of course I'm beyond excited."

"Of course you are" said Sophie rolling her eyes at her.

"I'll call you tomorrow"

"OK have fun"

"I will" Nissa got up and walked home.

"Hey dad, are you ready?"

"Yes!"

"Oh I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out if they actually cook and serve frogs!"

"You my dear, are so silly."

"I know" They get in the car and they drove to 'Le Frogs'. She couldn't contain her excitement. They finally arrived.

"Hello, welcome to 'Le Frogs'"

"Hi, I made a reservation for Hernandez"

"Yes Mr. Hernandez, your table is ready."

"Thank you" They were lead to their table. Nissa noticed that the restaurant was designed like a romantic pond. Something like the pond where Odette would change into a swan in the movie 'The Swan Princess'. The tables were designed like lilly pads. The center pieces were pink flowers like the ones on the lilly pads. She looked at the menu and there were dancing frogs all over it. And of course she did check and no they did not cook and serve anything with frogs in it. Nissa was relieved.

"Nope, dad they do not serve frogs."

He smiled at me, "You are so goofy"

Recognized and Followed by Sheila Valerie

Nissa and her dad went home with full Tummies.



"Thank you dad. I had a good time."



"Me too, honey"



"Well I have some tweeting to do. I'll see you tomorrow."



"Ok sweetheart. By the way what do you have planned for tomorrow?"



"Well I'm going to see if I can get a job. Just to keep my mind busy."



"What about college?"



"I'm still not sure about what I want to take. So I'm putting it on hold for now."



"Sounds like a good plan. That way you will make sure that what you take is what you want to do."



"Yep. Well anyway. love you dad."



"Love you too!"



She went up to her room. She logged on to Twitter. She decided to tweet her awesome picture with Nick.



@NissaSohma: So the picture with @BoyBanderNik I didn't get at the concert. I got this morning at the airport this morning.



She uploaded the pictures.



@NissaSohma: Best time of my life!!!!



She took a shower and got into bed. She unlocked and looked at her newest wallpaper. It was the picture of Nick kissing her on the cheek. She honestly couldn't believe that had happened. At least she could say that if she had dropped dead the next day, she would've died extremely happy!



6am came too fast. Although she really didn't need to get up that early, she still did anyway. She had been doing that for so long when she was in school that she couldn't see how the hell she was gonna break that habit.



The sun was shining through the green/orange/brown leaves in the tree by her window. She loved the fall season. She got out of bed and got through her morning routine, when she heard her Twitter notification go off on her phone. It was a reply to her tweet from last night.



@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma I'm glad you enjoyed the photo sesh. I enjoyed talking with you!



I immediately replied back!



@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Thank you so Much!! You have definitely made my year.



@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma You are very welcome. What are you up to?



@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Getting ready to go job hunting.



@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma That sounds great. I wish you the best of luck!!



@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Thank you! I'll keep you posted.



She logged off, then she picked a casual outfit that was interview ready. She glimpsed at the picture on her phone screen. And thought, well if he had replied to her tweet, it was going to be an awesome day. She got in her white 1996 Nissan Maxima. She drove around town putting in application after application. By lunchtime she was beyond starving. She decided to stop at Coffee Dreams.



"Hey Mark, what's up?"



"Not Much! What can I get you?"



"I'll have a Pumpkin Spice Muffin and a large French Vanilla Ice Coffee."



"Coming right up! So what you been up to?"



"Just job hunting."



"Why do you need a job? Don't you have your mom's fortune?"



He was reffering to the $32 Billion Nissa's mom left her. Her mom was an author. She started with poems. Then she worked her way up to novels. All kinds of novels. She did novels for teenagers and adults. And children's books. Her very first children's book, she wrote for Nissa. She wrote it during her first year of life. So on her first birthday she published it. Included in the estate was Whipstaff Manor from Casper. Which is really cool. Nissa loved that place.



"I don't want to touch that money. As long as I'm able to work I will."



"I admire that. You know we need someone for the night shift. Would you be interested?"



"Yes"



"Good. I need you to fill out the application. Just so that we can have it in your file. And I'll start the hiring process."



"Thank you so much! You won't be disappointed!" Nissa payed him for her lunch. She sat down to fill the application. She handed it to him as soon as she was done with it. He then handed her the drug test paper. She went to get all done. By the time she was done, it was 3:45pm. I decided to go to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner. I ran into Eric



Eric was the tall black haired, blue eyed quarterback from our High School football team. He was what all football jocks from the teen movies were based on. He was the one every girl would go gaga for. Nissa, not so much. She was a loner. All because she was skipped up some grades so she really didn't fit in. So she never went with what everybody thought was right.



"Hey Nissa, I haven't seen you since graduation."



"Hey, yeah I spent the summer in Dallas, Texas."



Really? Wow, what's over there?



"Oh my aunt! Well she's really not my aunt. She was my mom's bestfriend and she's like an aunt to me."



"Oh OK. Did you have fun?"



"Yes I did! She treated me to a Backstreet Boys concert for my birthday."



"Really? Did you enjoy it?"



"I loved it."



"So Nissa, when we were in school, I really didn't get to tell you something I had been holding in since the 10th grade...And well I guess now is a better time than ever. I wanted to tell you that I really like you. And I was wondering if you'd go out on a date with me?"



"Eric I'm flattered but I can't. Right now I'm not looking for someone. I want to focus on me and my future."



"Ouch Nissa, that hurt." he said with a smile, "Thank you for being honest and not sugar coating it."



"Look Eric, maybe in the near future we could go on a date, but right now I don't think I'm ready for what a date brings afterward."



"I totally understand." Nissa felt so bad but it was the truth. She wanted to focus on her life just like her mother did. People thought she was crazy but she wanted to be like her mom. Smart and successful.



"So how is your mom doing? Did chemo help her this time?"



"YES thank God. Next Monday is her 3year mark in remission."



"Oh Eric that's great to hear! Like I've told you before, if you guys need anything at all, I'm only a phone call away. If it wasn't for her and my aunt Patsy, my teenage years would have been a disaster."



"I'm glad you think so highly of mom. Well, I have to get going. She's waiting for her Snickers."



Nissa laughed, "Yeah you don't make any woman wait for their chocolate."



"God Forbid!" he laughed. "Well see you later."



"Bye and tell Jackie I send her all my love"



"I will"



They hugged. He left the store. She grabbed what she needed for dinner. Then headed home. Her dad wasn't home yet. she went straight to the kitchen and began on dinner. She was making him 'Arroz con Pollo' (Rice with Chicken), just like her grandmother (his mom) use to make them. She missed her so much. But she bet her and her mom are up there making fun of my dad's goofyness. Dinner was almost ready when her dad came home at 7:30.



"MMMMMMMM something smells great!!"



"Hey dad"



"Hey sweetheart, what's cooking?"



"Not much dad, just Arroz con Pollo."



"Great! You know how to make it like your abuela!"



"Thanks dad that means a lot."



"How was your job hunt?"



"I got a part time at Coffee Dreams."



"Shit with all the business you give them, THEY should be paying YOU."



I laughed, "You're funny dad. By the way, I ran into Eric. Norma is going on 3 years of remission."



"Oh that's really great. We have to invite them for dinner soon."



"Yes we do! I'll plan it."



"Ok honey. Can we dig in now?"



"Yes dad!!!" She rolled her eyes at him.



"So when do you start working?"



"I don't know yet. But I already went for the drug test. So basically, I'm hired."



"That's exciting. I'm curious though honey, why do you want to work? I mean you're all set with your mama's and my fortune."



"Daddy becasue as long as I can work, I will. I'll have that as my back up. I'm young and I want to be able to say that I earned what I have."



"Honey that makes sense. And I'm very proud of you for making that decision."



"Thank you daddy."



They finished dinner and Nissa cleaned up the kitchen. Her dad went to take a shower and go to bed. She went up to her room. She logged on to Twitter.



@NissaSohma I have a job! So if you want coffee, come see me at Coffee Dreams :D



She stayed on it but she went to several sites to see what's new. 15 minutes later she got a reply to her tweet.



@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma Congrats!!! Maybe if I'm in town I will stop by.



@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Thank you! You definitely should!



Nissa went to bed with a big grin on her face. The next morning she woke up at the crack of dawn. Just like every morning. As soon as she finished her breakfast she got a phone call from Mark.



"Hello?" I answered.



"Hey Nissa, I'm in a bind. Can you come in to work today?"



"Yeah of course. What happened?"



"The girl coming in at noon called in and I already have everybody else scheduled today."



"So you want me to come in at noon?"



"Yeah. I'll be here so I will be training you myself."



"Alright I'll be there."



"Thank you so much!"



"No thank YOU!"



She got dressed and went out to the mall. She needed to get black polo shirts and jeans. That was their uniform. Thank god they didn't care about piercings because She had three facial piercings. She made her purchases then she headed out to Lady Foot Locker. She needed a good pair of sneakers since she'd be working in a fast paced place.



As she was headed out of the mall she got stopped by a lady in her mid 30's.



"Hi. I'm sorry to bother you but are you by any chance Nissa Sohma?"



"Yes" She answered very puzzled.



"So you are Jazmine Sohma's daughter?"



"Yes I am"



"Oh My Gosh, can I have your autograph?"



Still puzzled Nissa signed the lady's Lane Bryant bag.



"I'm a huge fan of your mom's. I was heartbroken to hear about her passing."



"Thank you. I was so young, so I don't remember much about that incident."



"Consider yourself blessed because I bet if you did remember, it'd be much harder to deal with."



"Yes you are right"



"Well thank you so much. You are too sweet!"



"Thank you."



Still confused, Nissa got in her car and drove home to get ready for work.

Virtual Love Letters by Sheila Valerie
That day was really easy for Nissa. Mark stayed an extra shift to make sure that Nissa was trained and comfortable. He was an awesome manager and trainer.

“Nissa, how do you think you’re doing?”

“I think I’m doing good for being my first job.”

“I agree. In all my training years you have been my best trainee.”

“Thanks” She blushed.

At that moment a customer came in.

“Here’s your chance to fly solo!”

“Hi welcome to Coffee Dreams. How can I help you?”

“I’d like a medium double chocolate latte with mocha sprinkels and a cranberry nut muffin.”

“Coming right up. It will be $4.68

“Say aren’t you Jazmine Sohma’s daughter?”

“Yes I am.” Nissa said, wondering what’s going on that after so many years of living here, she was being recognized.

“It’s such an honor to meet you! I’ve been a huge fan of your mom’s. I’m so sorry for your loss.”

“Oh thank you. It’s been so long that it has been easier and easier to deal with.” She told him as she finished up his order.

“Thank you so much. Do you plan on writing anything?”

“Haven’t really thought about it. I have written some fan fictions of my favorite singer, but I really haven’t done anything special.”

“Hey you should publish it. Maybe that’s YOUR start. Remember your mom started small.”

“You’re right. I’ll think about it.”

“Ok. I’ll keep my eye out for it” He left.

“Well Nissa, it’s time for you to go home! You did excellent! I’m so proud of you!”

“Thanks Mark!”

“Here’s a written schedule for the next 2 weeks. Once you’re in the system, you will be able to view your schedule online.”

“Yay, I’m off tomorrow?”

“Yes you are.”

“Alright, well you have a good night.”

“You too Nissa” She went home. Her dad was there already.

“Sorry dad, I got called in to work today. Did you eat?”

“Yes sweetheart, I ate last night’s leftovers.”

“OK”

“How was your first day?”

“It was really good. Mark stayed behind to train me himself. I had fun! But I got recognized two times today!”

“What do you mean?”

“As Jazmine Sohma’s daughter.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I mean I know that her anniversary just passed but come on. I’ve been in this town for so long and now they recognize me?”

“Well honey, you’ve been in school all this time. You will be recognized now that you have a job and are mingling with the townsfolk.”

“You’re right!” As she was talking to her dad, she checked her emails on her phone. She had 3 new followers on Twitter. She went on her Twitter. They were local fans of her mom’s. Since she was already on, she tweeted.

@NissaSohma So as of today, I’m a local celebrity in my hometown.

Not even 10 minutes later she got a reply.

@JazzySohmafan4Life: @NissaSohma I’m proud to say I’m a fan of yours. I’m glad that you live here.

@NissaSohma: @JazzySohmaFan4Life Thank you. Just have in mind that I’m not use to this kind of attention. So please go easy on me.

She went up to her room and turned on her TV. The news was on.

Reporter: Breaking News-Legendary author, Jazmine Sohma’s daughter resurfaces after being in hiding most of her life.

17 year old, Nissa Sohma was seen working at our local coffee shop today. Early that morning she was doing some solo shopping. Could she be working because she blew her mother’s fortune? We will continue to follow this story.

All Nissa wanted to do was cry. How could they be so cruel? She had not spent her mother’s fortune. As a matter of fact, she hadn’t touched a dime. The car was hers. But she hadn’t touched the money. Nissa could already tell that this whole attention she’d been getting was gonna get under her skin.

She got on her laptop and checked Yahoo! and there was her mother’s picture with a caption of:

“Jazmine Sohma’s daughter out of hiding”

She knew that was the beginning of something unwanted. She heard her Twitter notification go off on her phone. She logged back on to Twitter on her laptop.

@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma I know exactly how you feel. If you ever need anyone to talk to, you can count on me!

@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Thank you. How are you? How’s Nacho? Did you make it on time to Houston?

@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma I’m good. He’s doing good. He ate something he wasn’t supposed to.

@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Poor baby! What did the vet do for him?

Nick sent Nissa a direct message, asking her for her E-Mail address. She replied back with her E-Mail address. Not even 5 minutes later her inbox notification went off.

From: Nick Carter

To: Nissa Sohma

Time: 10:38pm

He gave him doggy laxatives. Not even an hour later he did his thing. Turned out he had ripped his toy up and ate the stuffing. He was fine as soon as he went. I took the next flight out to Houston. I made it on time! How was your day?

From: Nissa Sohma

To: Nick Carter

Time: 10:45pm

That’s really good! I’m really glad he’s alright! Today was my first day. I loved it. Mark trained me so he stayed behind. And I got recognized twice. By my mom’s fans. That’s what that tweet was all about.

From: Nick Carter

To: Nissa Sohma

Time: 10:52pm

Thank you for caring. It’s good that you liked it. Maybe that’ll keep you motivated. I know how it is with the whole getting recognized. At least you’re not known world wide!! But tell me why are you being followed?

Nissa was too tired to type up an E-Mail with her mom’s story. She decided to mark that E-Mail unmarked. So that she could get back to it the following day. She layed in bed thinking about her mom. And how much she missed her. she fell asleep hearing her singing my favorite song to her…
Men in Her Life by Sheila Valerie
For some reason that night Nissa couldn't sleep at all. Apparently Nick had asked her a no-no question. No one knew her feelings on her mom's death. All except Patsy, Sophie, and her dad. So when Nick asked her about her mom it just opened old wounds. And she was questioning whether, she should've opened up to him or not. Granted, it was THE Nick Carter, her idol. And he wanted to know her. But as much as she wanted to open up to him, she didn't think she was ready to tell anyone about her mom's memory.
As much as Nissa tossed and turned, she managed to fall asleep at the time she usually got out of bed. 2:00pm came around and Sophie hadn't heard from Nissa so she decided to come and check up on her. Besides Nissa and her dad, Sophie had a key to their house. Her dad traveled a lot and Nissa went with him sometimes. So Sophie checked in on the house every night they were gone.
Sophie went into Nissa’s room and to her shock, she was still comfy cozy in her bed.
"Nissa are you OK?"
She didn't answer back. She didn't even budge!!
"Nissa? Are you alive?" she took her comforter off. The chilly air hit her toesies and she woke up immediately.
"Yes I'm fine. I just didn't get sleep last night."
"Why not?"
"I was thinking about my mom."
"Oh! Well it is that time of year."
"No I'm getting better at dealing with her anniversary. What helps is the fact that I don't celebrate my birthday...What happened was that I was 'spotted' after all these years of living in this town. The media is throwing a fit about it. So I tweeted about it and Nick asked me why was everyone freaking out about it. So I'm like am I ready to let someone else in on that."
"OK that's understandable. But to be honest, the more you talk about it, the easier it gets to deal with."
"You're right but I'm not ready to even open that tight-lid jar of memories.
"OK"
"Another reason I didn't sleep was because I was brainstorming about my website. I was thinking of adding some stuff to it."
"Like what?"
"Well I want to change the look of it. I want to give it a style because right now it's just plain. And I feel like I should show my readers my artistic side. I do have many readers!"
"You do? How can you tell?" she interrupted with an excited little school girl demeanor.
"I can track them with this application I added to my site. I have a couple thousand loyal fans, and I think they deserve a better website."
"Yes they do!! I can't wait to see the final project...Anyway, I'm gonna get going. I have to go into work tonight."
"Really?"
"Yeah it really sucks"
"Oh you'll be ok!"
"I know...Anyway call me later."
"I will"
"I love you!"
"Love you too!"
Sophie left. Nissa fired up her laptop. She opened up Adobe Dreamweaver. That was the program she was using to code the HTML code for her site. She already had 4 chapters up of her Nick Carter fan fiction. But the website itself needed a design. It was all white and the font was your basic black Times New Roman. So that day she was going to focus on the design of it.
About 2 hours later her doorbell rang. She went downstairs to check who it was. She opened the door.
"Hey Eric, what's up?"
"Not much, I was in the neighborhood. Thought, I'd come to say hey...HEY!"
Nissa giggled,"Come in goofball. I'm glad you came by. I wanted to invite your mom and you for dinner tomorrow night."
"Oh she'll love that. She needs to get out."
"Then it's settled. Dinner tomorrow night."
"What were you up to?"
"I was working on a background for my site."
"Oh that's very cool. I've been reading your story and I like it already."
"Thank you! That means a lot."
"You're very welcome."
There was a brief silence. Eric broke the silence.
"Nissa, I know you said no but please, can you at least go on a date with me? If it sucks then I'll take your no."
"Eric...look...I OK I'll go on a date with you."
"Great, I'll try to not dissappoint you!"
"Ok Eric. So how about the night after tomorrow?"
"Great! I can't wait"
His face lit up. Nissa had never seen him that excited. It'll be fun to go. What she was afraid of was that he'd get his hopes high.
He left her house about half an hour later. Nissa went upstairs to continue on her website. As she was getting into her work, she got an E-Mail.

To: Nissa Sohma
From: Nick Carter
Time: 6:58pm
What you doing? Did I say something wrong? If I did, I'm really sorry.

To: Nick Carter
From: Nissa Sohma
Time: 7:13pm
You didn't say anything wrong. It's just that the subject on my mother is very hard for me to talk about. I'm working on my website. It was really bare and I'm giving it some style. How are you?

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 7:19pm

I understand. If you ever want to talk, I will be all ears. I'm good. What kind of website?

To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 7:25pm
It's a fanfic site about you. LOL. But I'm focusing on the designing of the website. I haven't been to school for it, but thanks to GOOGLE I've managed to do some neat stuff. By the way, thank you. Thank you for being good to another fan.

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 7:38pm
You are very welcome. You don't seem to be a crazy fan, that's why. I also think it's cool that you're building that site from scratch. I bet you'll be so good at it that I could hire you as my personal website designer. Because my website sucks right now.

To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 7:48pm
I believe in keeping calm otherwise the celebrity will run from you. And there goes any chance of having ANY contact with him. Ha Ha Ha. It keeps me from going crazy. The website I mean I love writing but I also Love being creative. So this site gives me the best of both worlds. I can be a writer AND a designer. And yes your site does suck. I mean it's not practical at all. It's too crowded and not wel designed. By the way that bobblehead that's selling for $30 in your online store does not look anything like you! He looks like Justin. LOL.

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 8:03pm
Yes that is a good philosophy. We do tend to run away from that. It's always good to be creative. Thank you for being so honest on the site. And yes I definitely agree on that damned bobblehead. I don't understand whhy it's even up! Before I forget, we are starting the overseas leg of the tour so I can't promise that I'll be able to respond as often. I'm beyond excited to start again.

To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 8:15pm
I know you are. Nick don't worry, I totally understand. I bet you are excited. I mean that night I saw you, you were so alive onstage. And it made me feel just as alive. So thank you!

Nick and Nissa continued E-Mailing back and forth. She was also able to get the background chosen and put it on the site. She was able to chose some pretty fonts for it. By the time NIssa was done it was 3am. She went downstairs to lock up. Her dad was out of town so she had to make sure everything was safe. After she made sure everything was locked up, she went upstairs and went straight to bed. It didn’t take her long to fall asleep.

Nissa woke up around noon. The sun was shining but it was sweater weather. Her kind of day. After she finished her morning routine, she got on her laptop and looked for a recipe for that night. She couldn't concentrate though. She had 'Sweater Weather' by The Neighbourhood stuck in her head. So she started it up on iTunes and blasted the song. Nissa continued the search for the perfect recipe. Half an hour later she was able to find one for THREE CHEESE PENNE PASTA BAKE. She had also found one for dessert. DOUPLE BANANA PUDDING CAKE. While she was printing out the recipes, she called her dad at work.
"Jeff Hernandez"
"Daddy, it's me. What you up to?"
"Not much honey, just got out of court. What's up?"
"Nothing, just wanted to tell you to not make plans for tonight."
"Why, what's up?"
"I invited Eric and Mrs. Carpenter for dinner. And I wasn't able to tell you last night or this morning."
"Oh honey that's great! I can't wait! Are you cooking one of your famous dishes?"
"No dad, I'm making something totally new."
"OK honey. Well I'll be leaving the office at 4:30."
"OK daddy, I'll see you then."
Nissa got dressed, and got in her car. She headed out to the store. She went in and got everything she needed for both recipes. She went to Coffee Dreams to grab something to eat.
"Hey guys."
"Hey Nissa", replied Mark. "what can I get ya?"
"Can I get a medium Spced Pumpkin Mocha Latte, please."
"Would that be all?"
"Yes please."
"That'll be $2.50." I paid him.
"I'll see you tomorrow morning."
"Ok hun" Nissa got back into her Maxima. It was almost 4:00. And she wasn't home to start cooking. She finally got home and started working on the dinner entree. Her phone rang.
"Hello"
"Nissa, How are you?"
"Oh hi Mrs. Carpenter, how are you?"
"I'm good sweetie"
"That's great to hear. To what do I owe this call?"
"Well I wasn't sure what time to come over."
"Well 6:30 is perfect."
"And do you need me to bring anything?"
"No, I have everything. You just come over and enjoy."
"Ok, can't wait to see you."
"Me either!"
"Alright see you tonight."
"Bye, Mrs. Carpenter"
"Bye, Nissa" Nissa got back to her cooking. Her dad finally got home at around 5:15. She had just started mixing the ingredients for the dessert while dinner was in the oven. "Hey Dad, how was work?"
"Exhausting. The case we are working on is very complicated to say the least."
"I bet. Mrs. Carpenter and Eric will be here around 6:30. She's just as excited as we are."
"That's good. It's been almost a year since we last saw her."
They got everything set for dinner. 6:30 came around. Their doorbell rang, She took her apron off and answered the door excitedly. "Hey" She greeted Mrs. Carpenter with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "Come in". She walked in, then Eric followed. Nissa gave him a hug. "I'm so glad you guys made it."
"Oh Nissa I've missed you guys so much!" Nissa hugged her. To be honest hugging her was like hugging her mother. Her dad came down and greeted them. Mrs. Carpenter was ecstatic to see him. Nissa’s mom, Jazmine, dad, and Mrs. Carpenter went to school together. Jazmine was the captain of the cheerleading squad. Jeff was the captain of the football team. Mrs. Carpenter or Norma was that nerdy friend they both loved and cared for. Patsy was in the cheerleading squad too. If Nissa wasn't mistaken that group was voted most controversial that senior year. Just because they took a 'nerdy' girl under their wing. It was also rumored that Jeff was fucking all three of them. But Jazmine was the one who had his heart. Nissa really hadn't asked Jeff how true that was. She saw how Mrs. Carpenter lit up when Jeff greeted her and it reminded Nissa of that story. "I made a new recipe in your honor. I hope you like it." Nissa informed her as she led them to the dining room.
"Nissa you are a sweetheart. You didn't have to."
"I enjoyed making it." Mrs. Carpenter and Eric sat at the table. Jeff and Nissa began serving dinner. "So Norma how has treatment and all going?" Jeff asked.
"Well, I had to go through a second round of Chemo therapy. So far I've been clear of it for 6 months."
"That's great to hear. I wish you would have called us."
"Oh Jeff, you didn't need my problems. Besides, the second time around was a lot easier than the first."
"Are they going to be checking you continuously even though they cleared you?" Nissa asked.
"Yes. For me right now it's every 3 months. Then once I get to the 1 year mark I will get screening every 6 months." She took a bite of the THREE-CHEESE PENNE PASTA Bake. "Oh Nissa this is delicious. MMmmm, wow, this is amazing."
"The recipe is called THREE-CHEESE PENNE PASTA Bake. I got it on VELVEETA.com. It's very easy to make."
'Well you must give mom the recipe." Eric said with a grin.
"I will. That means that I can add this one to my successful section of my recipe book." They all laughed.
"Nissa, why don't you take Culinary Arts?" asked Mrs. Carpenter.
"Well, Mrs. Carpenter..." she interrupted Nissa.
"Call me Norma, please."
"Well Norma, I love cooking for a hobby, not for a career."
"Yeah I could see why you'd do it as a hobby. You can do your own thing as opposed to following some other idiot's rules."
"Exactly! Right now I'm working at Coffee Dreams." she interrupted.
"Really? But why? I mean you have your mama's fortune."
"I don't want to use it unless I desperately need it. And I haven't had a reason to use it. Up until now dad has made sure that I have all my necessities. I decided to get a job so that I can be responsible for myself. Also, I'm still trying to decide what I want to take in college."
"Well you will always have my support!"
"Thank you Norma." I got up from the table and got the cake out, "Anyone up for cake and coffee?"
"I'll take some of that." said Eric. Nissa sliced up the cake and served up some coffee. Eric and Norma took bites.
"Wow Nissa, this is AH-Mazing!" Norma exclaimed with eyes wide open.
"It's DOUBLE BANANA PUDDING cake. I got that one from Kraft.com."
"You must give it to me too." she said. Nissa got up and ripped both pages out of her recipe book. Then handed them to her.
"Nissa, those are from your book!"
"Don't worry, I can always print them out."
"Thank You."
"You are welcome." they stayed for another hour then Norma needed to get home. Nissa walked them out to the car. Norma got in. Eric shut the door behind her. He then turned to Nissa.
"So are we still on for tomorrow?"
"Yes we are. I get out of work at 4:30. So we can go at 6:30?"
"That's perfect. I'll see you then." he kissed my cheek and then he got in the car. Norma rolled down her window.
"Thank You Nissa. Dinner was great. You're an excellent hostess, just like Jazmine."
"Thank you. That means a lot to me."
"You're very welcome." Nissa kissed her on the cheek. She waved as they drove away. She then walked back in the house to find Jeff cleaning up. "Dad what in Middle Earth are you doing?!"
"I was cleaning up since you made dinner."
"Dad, don't worry I got this."
"Ok honey." Nissa cleaned up the kitchen. Put the leftovers in a bowl so Jeff had lunch. Then she went to find him. She found him watching his TiVo'd baseball game. "Hey dad, who's winning?"
"Welp, The Rays are whooping Ranger ass." he shook his beer at the tv.
"Go Tampa. And you wonder why I love the Rays!"
"Nissa, but they suck most of the time!"
"Oh dad, being a fan is being there for your team or artist or band or actor or whatever, through thick and thin. No matter WHAT!!!"
You're right. The Rays should be proud to have a fan like you!"
"They don't even know I exist."
"Well you need to let them know" She laughed at what he said. "So what are you doing tomorrow?" he asked her.
"I work tomorrow, then I have a date with Eric."
"You mean little Eric?"
"Yes dad. And he's not so little anymore!" she giggled.
"I know darling. But you have to remember that we use to baby sit him. Remember?"
"How could I forget dad? He use to make me eat 'mud pies'."
"He did!!?" he asked in disbelief.
"Yes dad! He was older so I trusted him."
"Ha that's a cute story. Make sure you tell him that."
"You're evil! Anyway, I'm going to bed. Good Night!"
"Good night, sweetheart. I love you!"
"I love you too daddy." She hugged him. Then she headed to her room and laid in bed. She slept for what seemed to her like 15 minutes. The rising sun woke her. She loved it. She got up 30 minutes before her alarm went off. She got ready for work but she took her time. The rest of the day went by really fast. In no time she was back home getting ready for her date. 6:30 came around and Eric came and picked her up. "Hey you, how are you?"
"I'm good. You look beautiful!"
"Thank you" Nissa blushed. She had never heard him tell her that.
"You’re very welcome. So I thought we'd go eat at 'Le Frogs'. Then we can head out to a movie on the beach."
"Oooh that sounds romantic Eric."

"I hope you enjoy tonight." She giggled. He opened the car door for her. She got in as he held her hand so she wouldn't fall in. Then he closed the door. They got to 'Le Frogs'. Eric had a reservation made so they were immediately escorted to a table.
"I love this restaurant. Thank you!"
"I'm glad you do. I figured you would because of the frogs and lily pads."
"Yes exactly. I came here with my dad when I came back from Dallas. And I enjoyed sitting at the lily pads." She giggled. "So I'm really glad that you brought me here."
"So did you notice how my mom looked at your dad?"
"Yes. Did you know there's history there?"
"Oh?" he looked at her very confused.
"Yeah rumor has it that my dad was screwing my mom, your mom, AND Patsy. I've never asked him how true it was." He looked at Nissa with a shocked look. She couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.
"What!? Nissa that's crazy!"
"I know, but that's what I gathered from their yearbooks." He was still looking at her like she was crazy. "I think your mom was in love with my dad and she still loves him."
"Could be." They ate, they laughed, joked, and reminisced about growing up. "You know how mean you were to me Eric?"
"Why do you say that?"
"You would have me do crazy things. And me, because you were older, I would listen to you."
"Remember when I told you to put that dead frog on Ms. Benoit's desk?" he giggled.
"Yes and the principal suspended me for the rest of the day. Of course I remember, I was called frogger by everyone at school."
"Yes!" he giggled at Nissa.
"You are evil, just thought you should know." She informed him. He couldn't stop laughing. As a matter of fact he was laughing so hard, he had tears in his eyes. She hadn't seen him laugh like that since he was 10 years old. Once they hit middle school he got real serious with his studies and life too. They finished dinner, then headed out to the beach for a screening of an old black and white film. They sat towards the back of the crowd. The film started and she snuggled up to him. It had gotten a little chilly. He put his jacket on her. Halfway through the film, there was a scene where the actress slapped her love interest. Then she proceeded to walk away and he pulled her to him. Then they broke into song.
"Do you want to dance?" Eric broke our silence. She looked up at him surprised. She never expected Eric to be a dancer.
"Yes, I'd love to." She answered. They stood up and slowed danced. It felt nice to get that kind of attention. Eric was a great guy but he wasn't a bad boy. It was true what they said. That girls only wanted what they couldn'tf have...BAD BOYS. Eric was your typical boy next door kind of guy. He wasn't one to stray from the rules. So Nissa wasn't attracted to him. He was a sweetheart. But apparently she was attracted to the wrong guys. She couldn’t deny though she had an amazing time with him.
The song was over. He dipped her as the song ended. She couldn't help but giggle. They sat back down to finish the movie. About an hour later the movie ended. They picked up their blanket and walked over to the car. "I had a good time" She told him.
"I'm glad you did." he smiled at her. "We should do this again."
"Yes we should" She said as they pulled in to her driveway. He got out and opened the door for her. He then walked her to the door.
"Nissa, I really had a good time with you tonight." he was holding her hand. He couldn't stop staring at it. He had gone into shy mode and she couldn't get him to look into her eyes.
"Thank You Eric, for everything."
"You're welcome." he kissed her cheek. She unlocked the door. Then she walked inside. He waited till she shut the door to get in his car.
They continued dating for the next couple of years.
Jealousy at it's Best by Sheila Valerie
2 years passed. Nothing exciting had happened. Nissa did notice that Norma was trying to get Eric and her to break up. And Nissa found it very odd. Since she had figured she’d be the first one to be happy about them being together. Nissa hadn’t gotten a chance to go have a talk with her since she was working extra hours. The holidays were coming up so they were kicking their butts. Main reason was because they were Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts competition. It was mid-November. Her 19th birthday had passed. On the day of her birthday she received an E-Mail from Nick.

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 12:13pm

Hey you, I just wanted to stop and wish you a Happy Birthday. I’m sorry I’ve been MIA. We wrapped up the tour. Took a break, then we went back to the studio. We have recorded over 36 demos. I’ve been inspired to write lately. On the personal side, I’ve been dating around but no one special. They all seem to want something from me. Whether it’s fame, or money. I wish I could find someone real that doesn’t want anything from me. How have you been? Did you decide on College?


She couldn’t believe he remembered her. She answered back.


To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 1:45pm

I can’t believe you remembered me. I’ve been good. I’m still working at Coffee Dreams. I’ve been dating my childhood friend, Eric Carpenter. I’ve been spending more and more time alone. My dad has been traveling a lot. He’s such a great a lawyer that people all over the country have been seeking him out. And he’s won all but 2 cases. Proving how great he is. I feel like a rock star’s daughter. As for people knowing who my mother is, everyone in town has mellowed out. And when an out-of-towner comes in trying to dig some scoop, the townsfolk protect me and my mother’s legacy.
I’m really glad that you guys are back at the studio. I can’t wait till your album comes out. And I hope you do know that I have many of the leaked songs, from previous recording seshs. I also have unreleased songs. I guess I am the crazy kind of fan. Joking.
I’m sorry you’re going through the crazy dating thing. I guess that is the bad part of being famous. You never know who is being real and who is using you. I thank god I don’t have to go through that. All I can say is hang in there. When you least expect it, that dream girl will show up.
I haven’t gone to college. I’m really loving my job. It’s been an amazing experience. I’m also making a couple dollars on my website. Honestly, I don’t see the need to rush into college right now.
By the way I’m headed to Dallas for a couple of days. My dad has been down there for the past 3 weeks. He’s been tied up with a high profile custody battle. I’m also going to visit Patsy. I haven’t seen her since that summer I saw you guys. Shit I haven’t packed anything at all. I tend to leave these things for the last minute. And my flight leaves early tomorrow. So besides being in the studio, what have you been up to?

Nissa got away from the laptop long enough to pack. She heard a knock on the door downstairs. She opened.

“Hey honey”, She greeted Eric with a kiss. “Thought you were working today?”
“Yeah I did. I got out early because I went in at 4 this morning.”

“Oh ok.” They walked upstairs. He saw her suitcase on her bed and his expression changed. “I’m going to Dallas a couple of days.”

“What for?”

“My dad is down there and I figured I could visit with Patsy.”

“When were you going to tell me?”

“Eric, this came about this morning. You know spur of the moment kind of thing.”

“Oh right.”

“What’s your problem? I didn’t think I needed permission to go anywhere.”

“You don’t!” he shouted at her. “It’s just that I would appreciate it if you would tell me these things.”

“Eric, I was. I was planning to cook dinner for you and everything. But you blew it.”

“Nissa, look I’m sorry, it’s just that I’m not use to you being gone.”

“I’ll only be gone for 4 days. I promise I’ll be back. And this time apart will do us some good.”

“Maybe you are right but I’m going to miss you a lot. You are my main source of sanity, since mom started her attitude towards us dating.”

“You know I still find that really weird. I mean I thought she’d be the first one to support us.”

“She seems to get more worried about it the longer we stay together.”

“Look, there’s gotta be something there. But I’ll deal with it when I get back.”

“Ok. Well I better get going. You still want to go out to dinner?”

“Yeah, how about 7?”

“That’s a good time. Gives me time to rest my feet a while” She walked over to him and threw her arms around his neck.

“My poor baby” She said as she kissed him, “I bet you hurt bad”

“Yes I do” he told her returning the kiss. He put on his jacket and they walked downstairs. They kissed and he left.
Nissa headed back upstairs. Her phone rang.

“Hello”

“Hey sweetheart” replied Jeff on the other end.

“Hey Daddy. How are you?”

“I’m good. Just thought I’d check in with you before, I have to go back.”

“Well, I should be there around 2pm”

“That’s perfect. That’s when we get a lunch break”

“Great. I’ve already bought the ticket, so I’ll be there!”

“Alright sweetheart, I’ll see you then”

“Ok daddy. Love you!”

“Love you too! Have a safe trip”

“Thanks” They hung up. And she continued packing. She was never a light traveler. Even if her trips were short. She figured it was the DIVA in her. She just rather have everything than go and need something. It took her almost 2 hours to finish. Her short attention span had kicked in. So she was getting distracted every time she’d find something.
She managed to pull herself together and call Sophie.

“Hello” she answered.

“Hey girl, what you up to?”

“Not much, just getting ready to go out with Joel”

“Oh ok. I was just calling because I’m going to Dallas tomorrow and I was wondering if you can keep an eye on the house.”

“Yes I can. Is everything alright?”

“Oh yeah. Just visiting.”

“OK”

“Thanks girl. I’ll let you go so you can get ready.”

“Ok. Love you. Have a safe trip.”

“Thank you. Love you too.” Nissa looked at the clock. It was already 6. She decided to shower and get dressed. By the time she got done, it was 6:45. She got on her laptop. She had an e-Mail waiting.

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 3:56

Of course I remembered you! I’ve been thinking about you. Not in a creepy way. I like how down to earth you are. And you are a great pen pal. Ha Ha Ha. By the way, I’m really glad that you love your job. And of course there’s nothing wrong with you not going to college. But always remember to shoot for the stars.
Damn, if your dad is that good then he’s the one I’m definitely going to. I’m really glad that your town is protecting you. But you need to always remember that you will be harassed. And you need to be prepared for whatever happens.
I am aware that our songs always leak. But what can we do? The good thing is that all the fans seem to enjoy them as if they were released on the official albums. And I guess that’s what matters in the end.
I’m really not rushing the love thing. When that girl shows up, I’ll be waiting with arms wide open. It’s all I can do.
Did you pack your suitcase? I’m the same way. I too, leave the packing for last minute. Although, most of the time we have so much to do, leading up to leaving day. Most of the time, we don’t have much choice.
How’s Eric taking your trip? How are you guys? I’m glad you have him. And to answer your question, I haven’t done anything else besides recording and dating.


She couldn’t believe what she just read. Nick Carter was thinking about her. At that moment her doorbell rang. She didn’t even sign out. She just went and answered the door.

“Hey baby” Eric greeted her. He kissed her and he came in.

“Hi. I’m not ready but give me a second” they went upstairs. Nissa went into her bathroom to do her hair and Eric sat on her bed, where she had her laptop. “I’m ready!” Nissa came out of the bathroom. They left shortly after. Nissa noticed that his attitude had changed. She didn’t ask why. He took her to an amazing Chinese restaurant. They sat down and ordered. Eric sat there not saying a word. She could tell he was boiling inside but she didn’t know why. She didn’t ask him what was wrong. And she guessed her not nagging him made him talk.

“So baby, who’s Nick?”

“He’s my friend”

“Just a friend?”

“YES!!!!!!!! He’s Nick Carter. You know? Of the Backstreet Boys. Do you really think he’d date me?

“Quite frankly, he’d be a fool if he didn’t!” he said getting her mad but at the same time she knew he was paying her a compliment.

“Look Eric, on the trip back from Dallas I ran into him at the airport and then we started writing on Twitter. Because he’s a big celebrity, we decided to e-Mail each other. We were talking about things that other crazy fans didn’t need to know about.” Nissa explained to him, realizing that he was snooping through her stuff. “Why were you going through my things?”

“You left them there, open for me to get into.”

“No Eric! I mean I don’t have anything to hide, but JESUS! I’d hope you’d trust me more than that!” he grabbed her hand trying to calm her down. She pulled it away and whispered, “How dare you try to calm me down if you were the one who got me mad in the first place?”

“Baby, I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t want anyone and anything to come between us!”

“Really!!!!? Why don’t you tell that to your mother? I can’t stand going over to your house because she makes me feel like shit!” she shouted at him. Everyone in the restaurant looked up. She got up and went out to the car. He chased after her.

“Baby, wait!” He shouted after her as he caught up.

“Take me home! I’m so upset at you.”

“Fine, but we are going to talk this through. I don’t want you to go on your trip all upset at me.”

“Fine!” On the way back to her house we talked it out. He dropped her off at the house and he just went home. It was only 8:30 so Nissa decided to double check her suitcase. Once she was done, she checked her e-Mail.


To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 8:50pm

I just double checked my suitcase to make sure I had everything. Ha Ha Ha. Eric is not taking my trip too great. I mean we have been dating for almost 3 years and well we haven’t been apart at all. Right now we’ve hit a rough patch in our relationship. His mom, who has been a family friend since forever, is opposing to our relationship. We thought she’s support us but she isn’t. There’s something going on and I can’t put my finger on it. But anyway, she’s making our relationship a little hard. It’s putting a strain on us so now we are arguing any chance we get. He’s also showing jealousy signs. He read our last e-Mails and he questioned me about it. I’m starting to really believe that this trip will be good for the both of us. And then when I get back I have to go sit and talk to his mother. I’m tired of going over to visit and her making me feel like shit. I think I’ve been good to them. And I’ve proven myself worthy to both of them. Well, I better get shut eye. Have to be at the airport at 5 in the morning.


Nissa shut off her laptop. She put it in her backpack. She took a shower and then she laid in bed. For some reason I couldn’t fall asleep; she found herself fighting to sleep, so she got on her phone to find a reply from Nick.


To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 10:47pm

I’m sorry to hear all that. Yes it really does sound like there’s something going on. I mean if his mom supported you in everything, why the change of heart?
You are right the time apart will do you guys good. I know from past experiences. Don’t feel like that. Just try and talk it out with him. And make sure that you sit with his mom and ask her what’s going on.
Look if you ever need someone to talk to, here’s my number. (310)128-1980. Don’t ever feel like you are alone. Also you can text me at any time. I reply faster that way. I hope you have a safe trip!


She couldn’t believe that Nick Carter gave her his number. She was curious as to why he would do that.



To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 11:20pm

Nick, are you crazy? Why would you give me your number? Thank you for being there for me. You are such an amazing person. Here’s my number. (207)905-1988. Text me when you miss me. I’m kidding.
By the way, I do plan on speaking to Norma (that’s Eric’s mom) when I get back. We have to stop this non sense.


She sent the e-Mail to him. She got a reply from him.


Nick: You said to text you when I missed you. Well here it is. I already miss you. LOL.

She immediately replied.

Nissa: Smart ass. I’m glad you already miss me. You know, I love chatting with you. I just hope that we don’t go 2 years without talking.

Nick: I won’t. I Promise. Shouldn’t you be sleeping right now?

Nissa: Yes, but it’s not every day when your favorite idol gives you his number and ACTUALLY texts you.

Nick: LOL you are one of a kind, Nissa.

Nissa: Thank you. :D

Nick: Now get some rest because I for one know that when you travel you have to expect anything and everything.

Nissa: Oh alright. I’ll text you when I get down there. Have a good night.

Nick: Good Night love. I’ll be waiting for your text.

She couldn’t believe that Nick called her love and that he missed her already.
Grave Secret by Sheila Valerie
The following day, Nissa got out of bed, feeling like the living dead. She got dressed and brought her suitcase downstairs. She ate something fast. As she was headed out the door, she saw Sophie pulling into her driveway. She was so shocked to see her.
“Hey! What are you doing here?”
“I figured I’d drop you off. That way you didn’t have to leave your car at the airport.”
“Sophe, thank you! I’m so happy to see you.”
“You know you can always count on me”
“That’s why you’re my best friend.” Nissa loaded her suitcase into her back seat. They made their way to the airport.
“So is your dad excited to see you?”
“Yeah he actually is.”
“That’s really good!”
“I’m going to sit down with both Patsy and him. I need to talk to them about what I read in is yearbook.”
“That’s a great idea. Maybe you can find out why Norma is acting that way with you guys.”
“Yeah. Hopefully.” Just thinking about it made Nissa sad. She really loved Eric and Norma was like a second mother to her. So it was troubling her seeing Norma treat them like that.
“Are you nervous about flying?”
“I get nervous as soon as I sit in the plane. I’m calm all the way till that moment.”
“Well that’s good. What calms you down at that moment?”
“I think, if Nick does this every other day, why can’t I.” Nick was known for being afraid of flying when he was younger.
“That’s really good.” They arrived at the airport.
“Thank you Soph.” Nissa hugged her goodbye.
“No worries. Have a safe trip. Call or text me when you get there.”
I will, I promise. And thank you again.” Nissa check¬¬¬¬ed in. Half an hour later she boarded the plane. She was so exhausted from not sleeping, she slept the whole flight. Nissa woke up ten minutes before landing. They landed and as soon as they got to their arrival gate, she grabbed her purse and got off the plane. She went to baggage claim and Jeff was waiting for her. She was so happy to see him after all this time.
“Hey daddy” She hugged him like never before.
“Hi sweetheart” He reciprocated the hug.
“God I missed you.”
“I missed you too. How was your flight?”
“I don’t know” She laughed.
“What do you mean you don’t know?”
“I slept through it”
“Oh I see”
“How’s the case going?”
“It’s going well. Better than I anticipated.”
“Well that’s really good! How’s Patsy?”
“She’s beyond excited to see you!”
“Beyond excited huh? Dad, since when do you speak like that?”
“This is what happens when I hang out with you so much.”
“But you haven’t. So you have no reason.”
“Well it must mean that I missed you then.” Nissa couldn’t help but grin. He grabbed her suitcase from the belt. Then they headed to the diner. When they got there, Patsy was going through Lunch Rush Hour. But she made sure that as soon as she walked in, she greeted Nissa.
“Hey my love. How are you?” She squeezed Nissa so hard, She thought her head was gonna pop.
“I’m good. Excited to see you. It’s been what? 2 years?”
“Yes, it’s been a while. Come on let me make you your favorite. Jeff, do you still have time for lunch?”
“Yes, we are on a two hour recess.”
“Oh great! What would you like to eat?”
“How about a grilled chicken wrap, and a vanilla milkshake?”
“Coming right up” she turned to Nissa and gave her another squeeze, then she disappeared into the kitchen.
“How are you and Eric doing?”
“We are good. He wasn’t too happy about this trip.”
“How come?”
“He was upset because I waited till last minute to tell him about it.”
“Were you going to?”
“Yes! I was going to make dinner for us and tell him then, but instead he was an ass about it.”
“That’ too bad. You guys are good for each other.”
“Yeah but we are having an issue with Norma.”
“How do you mean?”
“Well, she seems to be upset that we are dating. At first she was fine. But the longer we date the more upset she gets. I don’t get it.”
“It is odd. It is possible that she’s realizing that she’s losing her baby boy. Some mama’s are like that.”
“Could be. We are planning to sit with her and have serious talk with her.”
“That’s an excellent idea. That’s very adult of you. And it’s the only way you can find out what’s going on”
“Yap” Patsy came out of the back.
“Here you go guys.”
“Thank You” Jeff and Nissa said in unison.
“You’re welcome. I better get back. By the way, Nissa I’m closing the diner early because I promised my friend I’d go shopping with her. She’s opening a brand new restaurant. So she needs help with the décor. Do you want to come with us?”
“Of course, that would be fun. Besides, I need to see the brave soul that actually tolerates you.” Nissa laughed.
“You’re so mean. And for that, you don’t get VIP at this diner anymore.” She shot Nissa the evilest look in the world. Nissa couldn’t help but continue laughing. Patsy couldn’t be serious any longer. She busted out laughing.
“Alright then it’s settled. I’ll pick you up at the apartment at 6.”
“OK’ Nissa grinned. Jeff had to get back to court so he dropped her off at the apartment and headed to court. Nissa went up the stairs to her room. Patsy had a two story- 3 bedroom apartment in the nicer area of Dallas. Ever since Nissa was a little girl, she had a room for her. Her doors were always open for Nissa. She always made Nissa feel like she was home! And Nissa loved her for that. She picked up her phone and texted Sophie.

Nissa: Hey You! I got in about an hour and a half ago. Dad picked me up and we had lunch at Patsy’s.
She answered back.
Sophie: OK. Good, I’m glad you made it safe. How was the flight?
Nissa: I was so tired, that I actually slept through it. LOL
Sophie: LOL well that’s to hear. Hey, I’ll text you later. I’m getting ready to go out with Joel. Say hi to your dad and Patsy. I love you!
Nissa: I will. Love you too.

She shot Nick a text too.

Nissa: Hey, how are you? I just wanted to let you know that I made it safe. Hope you’re having a good day.

Nissa unpacked a little. Then she laid down to rest. She fell asleep. When Nissa woke up, Patsy was in the kitchen calling her name.
“Nissa? Are you ready?” She hollered. Luckily all Nissa had to do was fix her hair and put on her flip-flops.
“Yes I am” She answered as she walked down the stairs. “So where are we going?”
“Well my friend Carmen is opening a Puerto Rican restaurant. She pretty much has the décor, but she wants to see what kind of deals she can get for appliances, tables, etc.”
“Oh that makes sense!”
“She’s a good friend. I think you will like her.”
“I’m looking forward to meeting her.” As soon as they got on the road, Nissa got a text from Nick.

Nick: Hey you, I’m glad you made it safe. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was at a meeting. Just got out.

She replied.

Nissa: Don’t worry, I don’t expect you to jump up and answer. What kind of meeting?
Nick: Possible future projects!
Nissa: Really? That’s exciting.
Nick: What you up to?
Nissa: Going out with Patsy and her friend.
Nick: That sounds fun. Where are you headed?
Nissa: Patsy’s friend is opening a restaurant. We are going furniture shopping.
Nick: Oh Ok. If you want you ca text me later.
Nissa: Ok that’s fine. Or maybe you can call me instead.
Nissa couldn’t believe that she texted him that. Normally she was too shy and she definitely didn’t have the balls to do such a thing.

Nick: Oh I’d love that.
Nissa: Alright! Talk to you later.
Nick: Bye Sweet thing
Nissa giggled. Patsy took her eyes off the road and looked at her like she was insane.
“What’s so funny?”
“This text.”
“Oh?” I knew she was dying to ask me who it was.
“It’s Nick Carter”
“Whaaaat? That blonde boy you like so much from BSB?”
“The one and only!”
“What’s going on there?”
“Nothing! Absolutely nothing!”
“That giggle did not sound like absolutely nothing.”
“Well to be honest…I’m smitten with him. But the fact that I’m with Eric, is keeping me in check.”
“That’s good. But how does Nick feel about it? About you?”
“I think that he’s not interested in me like that.”
“That’s good. Does Eric know about him?”
“He knows that I talk to him.”
“How is he taking it?”
“He seems to be jealous a little, but other than that he’s fine with it”
“Nissa, please be careful.”
“Why?”
“Because Nick is a musician. All they do is destroy what they come in contact with. And what if Eric is your one? You don’t want to mess that up.”
“Look I get it. But there’s nothing going on between Nick and I”
“I’m just saying this because I care about you. And I’d hate to see you get hurt.”
“I know and I appreciate it. But I’m ok.
“Good” They arrived to her friend’s restaurant. “We’re Here”
“Wow, so far it looks great.”
“Yeah wait till we get done. It’s gonna look amazing!” They got out of the car and greeted Carmen. Patsy was right! She was super sweet. All three of them spent 4 hours shopping around for deals. And with Patsy there, Carmen was hooked up with some pretty neat deals. They dropped Carmen at her house. Then they headed home. Patsy and Nissa decided that they weren’t hungry. So they skipped dinner. Jeff was hard at work so he didn’t come home till late. Nissa went up to her room and texted Nick.

Nissa: We are finally home. It was a productive day for Patsy’s friend, Carmen.
Nick: Really? That’s good news. Did you have fun?
Nissa: Yes I did. You know that Patsy gave me ‘The Talk’?
Nick: That’s good. And what talk?
Nissa: Can I call you?
Nick: Yes

Nissa dialed realizing what she was about to do. The line rang. And when he answered…she froze.
“Hello? Nissa? I know you’re there. I can hear you breathing.” She finally snapped out of it!
“Hey sorry!”
“It’s ok. I thought we were past this point.”
“Psssshh, as long as I’m your fan, we will never be past this point.”
“You do make an excellent point. And as long as you don’t turn into what you like to call a ‘Crazy’, we will be alright.”
“You’re good with that. So anyway, Patsy gave me the ‘Don’t play with fire or you’ll get burned’ talk.”
“Wait? What? ARE you playing with fire?”
“In her eyes, talking with you IS playing with fire.”
“Wow…Um OK? We are just friends. Right?”
“Yeah, but do you want to know the truth?”
“Yes. I mean I want us to be honest with each other.”
“Ok here goes…” Nissa thought about it and realized ¬that she didn’t want to tell him yet. “I think she thinks that because I giggle every time I get a text from you.” He laughed. “What’s so funny?”
“Oh Nothing!”
“Whatever”
“That’s not playing with fire.”
“I know. I guess that’s what she sees.”
“Yeah. Do you miss Eric?”
“I do. But I guess he’s mad at me for the trip.”
“I think that’s wrong.”
“And why do you think that?”
“Well because I would want my girl to travel. That’s how you enjoy life. Going out there and seeing what the world has to offer! And who am I to stop her?!”
“That’s really sweet”
“Whether it’s with or without me, I want her to do it.”
“You’re great! You know that?”
“I’ve been told that” he laughed.
“I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since I met you.”
“Oh I Know. Hey I was thinking…”
“Uh oh, It’s really dangerous when you think.” I interrupted.
“Ha Ha very funny! Is there any room in your very busy schedule for a date?”
“A date? With who?”
“Me, goofy ass.”
“But you’re in Malibu and I’m in Texas!”
“So? I could fly in tomorrow morning and come back the morning after. That is if you have room in your jet setting life for me.”
“I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow. So yes, I can pencil you in. I can’t wait to see you!”
“Me either”
“Well I’m gonna let you go. I have to call Eric before he goes to bed.”
“OK baby girl. Hope you have a good night. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“OK. Text or call me when you get to DFW.”
“I will. Good night”
“Good Night.” She hung up with him and dialed Eric.
“Hello baby, How are you?”
“I’m good and you?” She was extremely surprised to hear him all cheery.
“I’m good. Working hard and missing you like crazy.”
“I missed you too.”
“What have you been up to?”
“Hanging with Patsy. Had lunch with dad earlier. Then he went back to court. Haven’t seen him since.”
“Must be a very stressful case, huh?”
“No he says it’s been very easy.”
“Well that’s good.” There was some silence. He was the first one to break it. “ There’s something I have to tell you.”
“Oh yeah? I hope it’s really good.”
“It is for me, but I don’t know how you will take it.”
“Um Ok? I’m nervous now!”
“I got promoted at work.”
“That’s really good!”
“The problem is I’d be working 12+ hours.”
“That’s a long shift.”
“I’ll be a supervisor if I take the job.”
“What do you mean if you take the job?”
“Well I wanted to talk to you about it first.”
“Look Eric, you don’t have to talk to me about these things.”
“So I have your blessing?”
“YES! Do you get a raise?”
“Yes. From $15 per hour to $30 per hour”
“That’s really good! Go for it!”
“Thank you, babe.”
“I want you to know that I’m no one to come between you and a better opportunity.”
“Gee you’re making me feel bad about how I’ve been acting lately.”
“You had every right to be upset.”
“No. It’s not fair for you that I want you to stay here. Any other man would want the love of their life to experience life. And do whatever she wants.”
“Thank you. But I too was wrong. I should’ve told you.”
“It’s alright baby. We are past that. So what do you have planned for tomorrow?”
“Nick is flying out here…”
“As in Nick Carter?” She could sense that he got upset at that.
“Yes Nick.”
“And what is the reason for him to come down?”
“We didn’t have anything planned so he decided to come down.”
“Nissa, I don’t like that.”
“Why?”
“Because it seems like he’s stepping into my territory.”
“No he’s not!” She yelled at him.
“Oh yeah?”
“We are just friends!”
“Look, I trust you. Him? Not so much.”
“Ok then. Nothing is happening between us. We are just going to hang out.”
“Alright. But if I lose you to him, I’m gonna find him and I’m gonna tear apart that pretty boy face of his.”
“It’s not gonna happen!” She was getting so pissed off at Eric for that. “Look you’re getting me so mad, I’m going to bed.”
“Fine, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”
“Fine!”
“I love you.”
“Me too. Bye” Nissa hung up with him. She heard Jeff’s voice downstairs. She was headed down the stairs when she realized that Jeff and Patsy were talking. So she stopped. Nissa didn’t mean to eavesdrop but she couldn’t help it.
“Patsy, I can’t tell her. I don’t think she’s going to take it well.” Nissa heard him tell her.
“If you don’t tell her, she’s going find out sooner or later. Look at you. You are falling apart slowly. How long do you think you can keep this up. She’s gonna resent you if you don’t tell her.”
“I’m not ready to tell her either.”
“Jeff, it’s not fair to her. You owe it to Nissa. She needs to prepare herself.” At that moment Nissa popped into the kitchen.
“Tell me what?” Patsy and Jeff looked at each other. Patsy looked at Jeff with the ‘YOU NEED TO TELL HER!’ look.
“Sweetheart, we need to talk.”
“About what daddy?”
“Well darling. The reason I’m in Texas is not because of a case.” Nissa was confused.
“Really? Then why have you been down here this long?”
“I’ve been going through treatment”
“What for?” She was getting really concerned.
“I have prostate cancer.”
“What? But why?”
“I’ve had it for about 6 years but since I have been so busy at the firm, I hadn’t had a chance to get the treatment done.”
“Has the treatment helped?”
“That’s the thing sweetheart. Since I started so late in getting it done, it’s too late.”
“What do you mean, it’s too late?” Nissa started crying. She couldn’t hold on to that lump in her throat anymore.
“The treatment slowed it down but it has spread so much that the doctors can’t do anything else.” She hugged him. She didn’t know what else to do or what to say. Patsy was just as heartbroken as Nissa. She gathered all her courage to ask him the dreaded question.
“Does this mean you’re gonna die?”
“Yes darling.”
“Daddy, why didn’t you tell me?” She was sobbing so hard, She couldn’t breathe.
“Because I thought I could get the treatment done and get well without alarming you.”
“How long do you have?”
“He said I could last up to a year if I continue the treatment.”
“Are you going to?”
“Sweetheart, for the past 3 years I’ve been fighting something that is not going away. It’s too advanced to even try. I just want it to end.”
“Daddy you can’t leave me. You’re my best friend.”
“Honey, going through treatment makes me weak and I just want to enjoy what’s left of my life without being tired, and sick to my stomach.” Nissa thought about what he said. He was right. The least he could do is finish without all the side effects of cancer treatment.
“You’re right daddy. It’s about you, not me. Thank you for telling me.”
“You know I was thinking, what if you and I go to all of your mom’s favorite places?”
“I’d love that!”
“Good, then we need to go home and pack for a long trip.”
“OK when are we going back?”
“The day after tomorrow.”
“OK daddy” Nissa went up to her room and cried herself to sleep. She had lost her mom and life without her…well it was just lonely and sad. She couldn’t imagine her life without Jeff.
Daddy's Girl Says Farewell by Sheila Valerie
The next day was extremely hard. Nissa slept till about noon. She was woken up with a phone call from Nick. She had totally forgotten about him. She answered and hearing his voice opened up the waterworks.
“Nissa, what’s wrong?” He asked sounding worried.
“Oh Nick. I’m so sad right now! I haven’t felt this way since the day I comprehended mom’s death.”
“Nissa, tell me what’s wrong!”
“It’s my dad…” She was having a really hard time getting it out.”
“What’s wrong? Look I’m already at the airport. Give me about half an hour and I’ll be at your place.”
“OK. I’ll see you then.” They hung up. She put on her jeans, a t-shirt, and her 3XL ‘Black and Blue World Tour’ hoodie. She made her way downstairs. Patsy was sipping on coffee. Jeff was still in bed. He had a longer treatment the previous day so he was exhausted.
“Morning Patsy”
“Morning baby girl. How are you feeling?”
“Like I forgot to take my antidepressants for months and I just had a relapse.”
“I’m sorry for all of this.” Patsy pulled Nissa into a hug. “I want you to know that I will always be here for you. Whether you’re up in Maine or down here or where ever. You can always count on me”
“I know Patsy. I’m just really sad. I can’t imagine not having him in my life. I know that they both would want me to live my full life, but it’s going to be very hard.”
“I know. But you know they are both gonna watch over you.”
“Yeah you are right. By the way Nick is on his way here.”
“What do you mean?”
“We didn’t have plans, so he decided he was gonna fly in and we could hang out. Then he’d go back to Malibu tomorrow morning. That was before dad told me. If he hadn’t flown in already, I would cancel.”
“No Ma’am. You need to go deal with this in your own way…”
“But I’m going to feel so guilty going out and having a good time.”
“He needs you to continue your life as if he hadn’t told you. I know that it’s hard being the strong one, but you must for him. He already feels like he destroyed your life by telling you.”
“He didn’t. I just need to process it.”
“Well as much as I oppose to this, you should go hang out with Nick.”
“What about dad?”
“Don’t worry. He’s been down here with me for a reason. He’s in good hands.”
“Thank you Patsy. For being you and taking care of us.”
“You know you guys are my family. And I would do anything for you!” Nissa hugged her. Patsy has been her guardian angel. And she didn’t know what she would’ve done without her. Nick finally made it to the house. He came in and met Patsy. Of course she was inspecting him the whole time. They got in his car. They pulled out of the drive way, Nick looked at her. He immediately knew that the reason she was crying over the phone was really bad.
“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Nissa looked over at him and he saw the tears in her eyes. He grabbed her hand and kissed it.
“It’s my dad.”
“What about your dad?”
“He’s dying.”
“What do you mean? Is he sick?”
“He’s got cancer.”
“Oh baby girl, I’m so sorry.” He kissed her hand once again. She felt safe with him. Like she could let him in and wasn’t going to hurt her. Their date went well. They had lunch, and then they went to the Stockyards in Fort Worth. He had never been there. They went to some other places and then they had dinner. They both had an awesome time. He took her home and went on his way. The following day, Jeff and Nissa went back to Friendship. They were gonna be there long enough to pack up some stuff and say goodbye. Norma invited them to dinner that night. Nissa was gonna take advantage and talk with her.
She received them like she always did. Which was confusing as hell since she was acting that way with Eric and Nissa. They all sat down to have dinner. They talked about their trip. About what Norma had been doing, etc. Jeff told her about being sick. Nissa could tell Norma was devastated. Eric came home from work for lunch. They ate in silence for several minutes. Then Norma broke the silence.
“Jeff, Nissa, Eric. I’m glad I can get you together. There’s something I need to talk to you guys about. But I couldn’t get myself to say. And now that you’re in your situation, it’s important that I tell you before I lose the chance to do so.”
“Norma, what is it?” Jeff said with a worried tone. Norma was extremely nervous, you could tell. And Nissa was just too curious to know what was that secret that had her in an uproar.
“Well here goes…Jeff do you remember when I went away after high school?”
“Yes, you had just broken up with me.”
“Uh huh. Then I came back with Eric.” Nissa didn’t know about their past. But she had seen too many novelas to know where Norma was going with this.
“You mean to tell me that when you left, you were pregnant?” Nissa asked being funny expecting her to say something entirely different. But instead she said…
“That’s right Nissa, your dad is also Eric’s dad” They all looked at her like she had three heads. “That’s why I’ve been such a bitch, because the closer Eric and you got, the dangerous it was. Being that he is your half-brother.” Jeff was trying to comprehend the situation. Eric was shocked. But he seemed ok with it. Nissa was having mixed feelings about it. She was disgusted, happy, sad, relieved, etc. But the first thing that came out of her mouth was not expected by anyone.
“Good thing mom’s not around. She’d kick your ass.” They all laughed.
“Eric? How are you feeling? Talk to us.”
“Mom, I think it’s cool but why couldn’t you tell us before?” He shuddered. “I’m scarred for life. You could’ve prevented the nasty thoughts that I had about my sister” He shuddered again just thinking about it.
“I wanted to sweetheart. I just couldn’t find the words.”
“It’s ok, mom”
“So how’s everyone taking this?”
“I’m ok with it. I just wish you had told us sooner. I thought you began to hate me.”
“My dear Nissa, I will never hate you.”
“That’s good”
“I’ve always seen Eric like a son. Now I have a bigger reason. You weren’t here when I told your mom that I have cancer. I don’t have much longer to live…”
“I’m so sorry to hear that!” Eric interrupted.
“Don’t worry. I’m ready anyway. I’d hate to not try and make up some time with you. I was wondering, if it’s alright with you Nissa, would you like to go on our trip with us?”
“Of course it’s ok with me”
“Ok then, it’s settled!” Nissa turned to Norma. “You know, there’s an old friend in Dallas who would love to see you” She hugged Norma.
“You’re right. I could use a vacation.”
“I better get back to work. I’ll get all that done. When are we leaving?”
“In three days.”
“Good. That should be enough time for me to get all the paperwork done and get packed.”
“Great. I’m so excited!” Nissa squealed. She walked Eric to his car.
“So…this means that we’re officially broken up? Huh?”
“Nissa, of course. I’m against incest!” She couldn’t help but giggle.
“We’re cool, big brother. That sounds weird, but cool!!”
“Yeah” He gave her a big bear hug and got in his car. She went back inside.
“Don’t worry guys, he broke up with me.” She laughed and they rolled their eyes at her. They continued talking in the kitchen. Nick texted her just as she was sitting in Norma’s porch swing.

Nick: Hey beautiful
Nissa: Hey you. What you up to?
Nick: Not much. Got home. Worked out a little and that’s it. Not really in the mood to go out tonight.
Nissa: Why not
Nick: I don’t know. I’ve been down since I left Dallas.
Nissa: Oh? Why do you think that is?
Nick: Not sure. Anyway, what you up to?
Nissa: We just got through with dinner.
Nick: Anything interesting?
Nissa: Um actually, funny you should ask. LOL
Nick: What’s going on?
Nissa: I have a brother!!!!!!
Nick: Whaaat!!??
Nissa called him up.
“Um yeah. Turns out that Eric is my half-brother.”
“That’s disgusting. And she didn’t bother telling you guys?”
“She was hoping we’d break up on our own. But that didn’t happen. So when dad told her he was sick, she was forced to tell us.”
“So in other words, she wasn’t planning to tell you guys. If it wasn’t for your dad being sick, you guys wouldn’t have found out.”
“Yeah. So anyway dad decided that we were gonna take a trip and visit all of mom’s favorite places. And so he could catch up with Eric, he invited him to go with us.”
“Is he going?”
“Yes, it’s gonna be great.
“I’m excited for you! But I have one question. Do you think it’s going to be weird after dating so long?”
“I don’t think so. I mean yes we loved each other, but we barely saw each other. So we went from ‘In a relationship’ to ‘Best Buds’. I think that’s what’s gonna make it easy on us.”
“That’s good. So does this mean that I have a chance of courting you?”
“Mr. Carter, it’s so romantic when you use that kind of language” He laughed.
“So, do I?”
” I won’t say yes or no because we are going on this trip. I don’t want you to waste your time. I want to give dad all my attention.”
“I understand”
“We could meet up and hang out, but more than that wouldn’t be a good idea.”
“You know, a simple no would’ve been ok” He laughed.
“Well, if I say no then it would get awkward. I mean you can try but I’m not promising you anything. That’s what I meant.”
“Ok. I like that answer at least I can try!” She giggled.
“What are you up to now?”
“Watching Nacho stare out to the beach. You’d think he want to go swimming.” He laughed. She giggled.
“I’m just waiting till dad is ready to go home. They have been talking up a storm. I’m just beyond bored!”
“Maybe you should be here with me…”
“What did you say?” She asked interrupting him.
” I said, I hear ya. I’d be bored too. When are you going on this trip?” She was pretty sure that’s not what he said.
“We leave in a couple of days.”
“Can I come up and see you before you go?”
“Nick, you know I would love that but we have so much to do before we go.”
“Yep I know how that is! Touring and all. we can meet up some other time.”
“Of course. And we can talk all the time.”
“That’s right we can.” They talked for another hour. Jeff finally decided that it was time to go. They headed home. She laid in bed thinking about Nick. She couldn’t believe that she had been talking to her favorite singer for several years and all because she was herself. When she was younger, she used to get on the message boards and chats. She would see the crazy fans saying lies to impress each other. That never got them anywhere. Nissa on the other hand, was raised with the ‘Be Yourself’ motto. And apparently it worked. So she laid there thinking about that. She was also trying to remember all the places mom talked about. She loved Greece. She loved Italy. She had gone to Japan, Hawaii and other places here in the states. Nissa planned to go to all of them. She was really excited.
The following couple of days went smooth. Jeff and Nissa packed and settled everything, bills wise. She hung out with Sophie before they left. Eric got his paperwork straightened out. They left and headed out to Japan first. Jeff figured they’d traveled west. They would spend 2 weeks in each place, exploring and sightseeing. Eric and Nissa loved every moment of it, spending it with Jeff. It was an awesome time. It took them 3 years to make it back to Friendship. Once they were there, Jeff rested up and Eric went back to work. Norma decided to stay in Dallas. She was coming back several days after they came home. One night Jeff and Nissa were sitting having dinner.
“Nissa, I know we went to all your mom’s favorite places, but we haven’t been to the most important one.”
“Where!!!?”
“Where your mom and I started.
“Oh how exciting! When are we leaving?”
“We leave tomorrow morning.”
“Is it a long trip?”
“No it’s about 4 hours”
“Ooooooh, I’m so excited, can’t wait!” That night she called Nick.
“Hey, how’s my jetsetter?”
“YOUR jetsetter?” She could hear him giggle. “I’m excited!”
“Why’s that?’
“Dad is taking me to Springfield.”
“That’s great! That’s definitely a place that you must share with your dad.
“Yeah I agree. What did you do today?”
“Nothing. Same ol, same ol. Hanging out with Nacho. Catching up on some shows.”
“That’s really good.” Nissa would’ve hated back then to admit that she was feeling more love towards Nick than she did before. She was feeling more than fanatic infatuation. He’d been there for her this whole time. She was also seeing more of him that a fan could see. He’d completely let her into his life. He was really private so he tried to not let just anyone in. It was an honor for him to let her in. The question that was on Nissa’s mind was ‘Why me?’ She was wondering why he had chosen her to let in. She knew she’d never find out since all he wanted was to hear about her and what she had done that day, which was nice. They talked all night, until she was falling asleep every 5 minutes. They said good night. The next day Jeff and Nissa got out of bed and packed some stuff for the trip. As soon as they were done, they hit the road. They were both in great moods. Although she did notice he was pale. He wasn’t as tan as usual. Other than that he seemed normal. She put on some music. Her playlist consisted of the fun late 90’s and early 00’s pop like, Aqua’s Barbie Girl, Nsync’s Pop, and everything in between. They rocked out. Jeff knew ALL the lyrics and that always made Nissa giggle.
They reached Springfield in 3 hours and 45 minutes. They stopped at Red Rose Pizzeria on Main St. in the middle of downtown. They had excellent pizza there. They had a great lunch. Then they filled up the tank and headed up State St. Up there was the high school that Jazmine, Jeff, Patsy, and Norma attended. High School of Science and Technology, Sci-tech for short. Even though he looked calm and collected, you could tell he was bursting with excitement. He hadn’t been there since he left Springfield, when Jazmine died. She had never been to the school. She was too young when they left Springfield. She was really excited. They finally arrived.
“Here we are.” He said beaming. He parked at the Dunkin Donuts across the street. They got out of the car and crossed the street, which was the side street right next to the school. He led her to a tall willow tree. Like Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas. It was so beautiful.
“This tree is where it all started. Your mom was a cheerleader at the time. But she wasn’t one of those dumb cheerleaders. She always sat under this tree with a different book every day. She devoured them. She loved to read and she would almost never put them down. My crew and I would chill at Dunkin Donuts every day. While they were goofing around, I was watching her. I had been in love with her since the 5th grade. But I never told her. One day, I noticed that she was crying. I approached her. Without a word, I wrapped my arms around her. She leaned in. And she just cried it out. We stayed out there all day…”
“You mean you skipped school?”
“Yes! We did! And we had an amazing time. I got to know her. She told me that I wasn’t at all what she expected. The only problem was that I was dating Norma. I know, why stay with someone when you’re in love with someone else? Norma had been an excellent girlfriend, companion, and lover. I was in love with Norma. I felt we had a future together. Jazmine and me became close friends. Norma and Patsy were friends with her already. For 3 years all 4 of us were inseparable. You know that part of the story. 2 weeks before prom, Norma broke up with me. She told me that she had seen how I looked at Jazmine. And that she didn’t know how to compete with that. I was really heart broken. Your mom asked me to prom, to cheer me up. Norma had already left town. I accepted. Prom night was more than I expected. If I thought I was in love with Jazmine before prom, I was wrong. We slowed danced to Bryan Adam’s ‘Everything I do (I do it for you)’. That was the moment I realized who my heart belonged to.” As Jeff was telling her that story, his face lit up. Nissa loved seeing him like that. “Graduation day came. On that day I made a decision that changed my life for the better. After the ceremony, I brought your mom back to this very spot and I proposed to her.”
“What’d she say?”
“She said YES!!! We even carved our names and date of that day.” He pointed at the spot with the carvings. “A year later we got married in an intimate affair. Just our closest friends were there. We invited Norma but she never came. Anyway these little carvings we made on every anniversary of the day we started talking, wedding anniversary, etc.”
“Thank you dad, for bringing me back here. This means the world to me.” Nissa hugged him.
“You needed to come here.” He took her to all their hang outs. To their old homes. He said that nothing had changed. On their 4th day up there, he got really sick. He couldn’t keep anything down. He also had a bad fever. Nissa drove him to Baystate Medical Center’s Emergency Room. They communicated with his doctors back in Friendship and they kept him there. The doctor sat down with Nissa and explained to her that Jeff has lasted longer than what his doctors predicted. That all the exams he had done were showing that his body was shutting down and that the fever was the last attempt his body was making to fight. She knew he wasn’t gonna make it out of Springfield. She called Patsy while the nurse made Jeff’s bed comfortable.
“Hey Patsy.”
“Hey sweet girl. How are you? How’s your trip?”
“The trip has been great. He took me to all the places you guys use to hang out at…”
“What’s wrong Nissa?”
“How’d you know?”
“I recognize your voice, when you’re holding back tears”
“It’s dad. We are in the hospital.”
“How is he doing?”
“He’s not gonna make it. They are making him comfortable.”
“How are you holding up?”
“I’m OK. For the moment”
“I’m flying up there. You shouldn’t have to go through this alone.” Hearing those words broke that thin wall holding back her tears.
“Oh thank you! I was afraid to ask you.”
“Nissa, you don’t have to ask me twice. You know when you need me, I’ll be there.”
“I know Patsy. Are you going to try and make it in today?”
“Yeah, I’m going to close the diner till I get back.”
“OK let me know when you head out so I can go get you at the airport.”
“OK honey” She got back to Jeff. He was awake. He was comfortable in his bed.
“Hey daddy, how are you?”
“I’ve had better days, sweetheart.” She was tearing up. “Honey, I know I won’t be leaving here with a pulse, but I don’t want you to be sad. I want you to live your life. Remember the good times. Your mama and I don’t want you to get stuck on this. We want you to lead a good life.”
“I know daddy, but life without mom was hard, and now life without you is gonna be miserable. You’re my best friend.”
“I know sweetheart. You’re gonna be sad for a while but I know you can pull through. You have many friends that love you very much. And they will be there to support you.”
“Yeah. You know daddy I was thinking of burying you here next to mom.”
” I would love that!”
“Great! Patsy is coming up today. So while she’s here with you, I can set that up.”
“OK honey. I would like to say goodbye to Norma and Eric too.”
“I’ll call them up.”
“Thank you darling. Can you get the nurse. I’m hurting.”
“Yes I can. She called Norma up and let her know what’s going on. She was set to travel with Eric that same day. They all got in around the same time so it worked out for Nissa. They saved her one trip. They got some dinner to go and headed back to the hospital so they could have dinner with Jeff.
The following day, Jeff was weaker. She went out to OAK GROVE CEMETERY, where Jazmine was buried. Nissa arranged for Jeff to be laid next to her. She got in the car and her phone rang. It was Nick. She had been too busy to answer phone calls. She had to talk to him eventually.
“Hey”
“Hi”
“I’m sorry I haven’t answered.”
“Nissa, I don’t expect you to stop your life just because I call.”
“I know. I’ve been busy with dad.”
“Is he alright?” Nick was the only one, besides Jeff and Patsy, that she felt comfortable crying with.
“I’m trying to be strong for him because he wants me to. But it’s so hard. He’s not gonna make it back to Friendship.”
“Are you by yourself?”
“No, Patsy, Norma and Eric came up.”
“Do you mind if I come up?”
“Of course I don’t mind. I would appreciate it.”
“OK. I will be on the next flight out there.”
“Thank you.” They hung up. She headed back to the hospital. When she got there, Jeff was worse. The pain killers weren’t working. And he was having a hard time breathing. All they could do was try and make him as comfortable as possible. Nissa sat next to him.
“Daddy, it’s all set. You will be resting next to mom.”
“Thank you sweetheart. You are the best daughter a man could have. I wouldn’t trade you for the world.” he said without any strength.. He turned to Eric. “Eric, son I’m sorry that I couldn’t get to know you more. But I’m glad that you are my son. You are an extraordinary man. I’m proud to be your father. And that at least I saw you grow up.” He grabbed Norma’s hand. “Norma, I’m so sorry for the hurt I put you through. I wish I was a bigger man.”
“Jeff, you didn’t do anything wrong. I wish I had told you sooner. But you were great with me. I was never mad at you. I will always cherish all our memories.”
“I’m glad we talked it out” he kissed her hand. Then he turned to Patsy. “Thank you for being so good to us. Thank you for being so real with us! I don’t know what I would do without you.” He kissed her hand too. “I want all of you to take care of each other.” At that instant Nick walked in and dad noticed. “Ah, Nick, I’m glad you are here. I need to say something to you.” Nick stood next to Nissa and rested his hand on her shoulder. “I’ve seen and heard you with Nissa. And as a man I can tell that you are in love with her…” Nissa blushed. “Don’t waste time. Take a chance. The worse that could happen is she doesn’t love you back. Which in my honest opinion, I don’t see that happening!” Nissa couldn’t believe that Jeff was telling him that. But deep down she was glad he did. Jeff stare at Nissa for several minutes. All she could do was cry. Then he turns back to Nick. “If you’re the one, please take care of her. Love her like I loved her mother. Don’t take her for granted. And Nissa same goes for you. Take care of him and love him like your mother loved me.”
“I will daddy.”
“I will Mr. Hernandez” Jeff was fading, Nissa could see it. He was silent. Then out of nowhere he said.
“Jazmine, you didn’t have to come. I would’ve found my way.” Nissa knew that at any minute he was going to heaven with Jazmine. Nissa noticed that when he talked to Jazmine he sounded like his normal self. A surge of panic came over her. Nick had noticed her panic because he put his hand on her shoulder. He was the last person Nissa expected to notice something like that. She leaned her head on his hand. Jeff struggled to breathe. After 3 minutes of him trying to take breaths, he took his final breath. Everyone expected Nissa to fall apart. Inside, she was. But she put up a front. She kept herself together because at that point she wasn’t sad, she was angry. Angry that she had lost her father and best friend.
When he passsed away, Nissa felt a cold breeze brush her cheeks. And in her heart she knew that it was Jazmine and Jeff kissing her goodbye.
“Guys, I’m going back to the hotel. Patsy can you stay and make sure they get everything done?”
“Of Course!” She told Nissa as she hugged her.
“Thank you!” Nissa headed back to the hotel room. When she walked in, she could smell his cologne. She sat on the bed she was using, and stared at his bag. Although any normal person would’ve broken down at that sight, she didn’t. She sat there for a long time. She didn’t know how long until she heard a knock on the door. Nissa woke up from her trance and opened up. It was Nick.
“Hey, I’m sorry I left so suddenly.”
“It’s ok. We all understand.” He pulled her into a hug. Once again, she felt so safe. And feeling that was a green light for her emotional flood gates to open up. She began to cry like I’d never done before. Nick held her tight.
“It’s Ok baby girl. I’m here for you. Let it all out.”
“This is going to be so hard to adjust to” She said between sobs. “Yes he had been in Dallas that long, and I was alone all that time, but I called him a lot everyday. What am I going to do when I need to talk to him!?”
“How about you call me instead?”
“It’s not the same.”
“I know. But you can count on me.”
“Thank you. I’m sorry I stained your shirt with mascara.”
“It’s OK. I have others.” She started feeling sleepy. Before Nick came over, She had found some Xanax in Jeff’s bag. She took one to calm her nerves.
“I need to lay down. Just FYI, I did take one Xanax to calm my nerves down. Just wanted to let you know, in case I have a reaction.”
“Thank you for telling me.” He laid down on her bed. She snuggled up to him. She rested her head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around her. She listened to his steady heart beat. It helped her relax. As she was drifting away, NIssa said out of habit…
“Good Night daddy.” She was gone for the rest of the night.

Nissa's Promise by Sheila Valerie
Nick had fallen asleep holding Nissa. She was woken up by her phone. Patsy called to let her know that her dad was ready to be transported to the funeral home. She informed Nissa that she needed to find the outfit Nissa wanted him to wear. Nissa had to go buy him one. They agreed that Patsy would take care of everything and Nissa was gonna go take care of his suit. Nick woke up to his phone. His manager wanted to know where he had been. Nick told him that he had called at a really bad time. As soon as he hung up with his manager, he turned to Nissa. Despite of her mood and her grieving state, she couldn’t help but notice his morning glow. She had seen pictures where the idea was that he had just rolled out of bed. Boy, were they off. He was much more beautiful in real life.
“Hey baby girl” He said breaking her out of deep thought.
“Hey you.” She hopped back in bed. She was feeling a little better. “Can you go with me to the bridal shop?”
“Wait, I haven’t even proposed to you yet!” Nissa thought his eyes would pop out of his head.
“No goofy ass. I need to go get dad a tux. Better yet I’m going to the mall. I want to get him the best.”
“Of course, baby girl. I’ll go wherever you need me to.” She kissed his cheek and hopped off the bed. They got ready and headed out. They hit Holyoke mall. As she was driving, she noticed they were being followed.
“Someone is following us.”
“Yeah. I noticed. Don’t worry. maybe it’s nothing.”
“You’re probably right.” They got to the mall and got ambushed by photographers.
“Nissa is it true your dad died!?”
“Nissa, are you gonna bury him next to your mother!?”
“Nick, are you and Nissa dating!?” So many questions were shouted at us. Nick having dealt with this before, went into bodyguard mode. He was pushing them away.
Nissa has no comment at the moment. Please leave her be!” Nick told them. Nick and Nissa managed to get in the mall and do their thing. She was able to find the Armani store. The one with the pretty boy mannequins dressed up for a Sunday wedding, wearing Giorgio Armani. She was able to find this beautiful black suit. She got him a black button up and a red handkerchief for his pocket. He was gonna look handsome. They finally left the mall to find the photographers waiting for them.
“Please guys, can you answer some questions?”
“Yes it is true that he passed away. Yesterday. From cancer.
“Are you burying him next to your mother?”
“That’s enough. I’m not gonna answer any more questions.”
“Are you and Nick a thing?”
“Whaaaaaat!!!? Shit you guys have amazing imaginations.”
“Nick you tell us. Are you dating Nissa?”
“No more questions.” Nick and Nissa got on their way to the funeral home. “You do know that this isn’t gonna stop. It’s just going to get worse because now you are consider someone important.” Nick informed her.
“Yeah Nick, I know.” They drove in silence the rest of the way. They arrived. Patsy was waiting for Nissa. She handed the suit to Patsy and Patsy gave it to the worker so he could get Jeff ready.
“You’re not gonna check the suit?”
“No honey. I trust your dad will look great. You knew him best.” She hugged Nissa. “Well everything is all set here. I guess we can get with Norma and Eric and have dinner.”
“Yeah that would be great.”
“They will be done by 6:00. We can come by around 6:30 to view him. They close at 9:00. Then tomorrow we can come back at 10:00 to say our goodbyes. Then it’s off to the cemetery.”
“Thank you Patsy for being here and helping me.”
“Don’t mention it. You know you can always count on me.
“Yes” Nick, Nissa and Patsy left for the hotel rooms. She texted Eric letting him know they were gonna meet up for dinner. She turns on the news to check the weather but instead she finds the celebrity news on.
“Nissa Sohma getting cozy with Nick Carter, while her family makes arrangements for her father’s funeral!”
She wanted to scream. How could they be saying all those lies! She was so angry and hurt. But there was nothing she could do about it. And she was sorry that Nick was being dragged into it. At the same time she was glad that he was there to help her through it. He had jumped in the shower, while she got online and all she saw was the same bullshit. That she was dating Nick instead of taking care of everything. So she took to twitter.
@NissaSohma: If only those dumb idiots knew. I was buying my dad’s tux. And if it wasn’t for @BoyBanderNik, I would’ve run them over! #IdiotPhotogs
Not even 1o minutes later, the media went insane with her tweet.
“Nissa Sohma slams the papparazzi with a tweet”
At that moment, Nick came out of the shower area. And he found her laughing her ass off.
“What’d I miss?”
“Tabloids are flipping the fuck out.”
“Why?”
“After you went into the shower, I got online and they have been saying that I’m neglecting my duties to be with you. So I tweeted. Less than 10 minutes later, I was ‘Slamming’ the papparazzi, according to them. It’s a joke.”
“I know. They are stupid. But you need to get use to it. Because the more you go out now, the more they are gonna be in your business.”
“ Yep” They both finished getting ready and headed out to the restaurant.They picked up Patsy, Norma, and Eric and went back to Red Rose Pizzeria.
“Wow. this place is fancy.” Norma said.
“Yeah. They opened this way after you guys left Springfield. I believe there was a diner here.”
“Yes. I was still here when they closed it. So when I moved to Dallas, that diner was the inspiration for mine. I was heartbroken when they closed it down. This was one of our favorite hang outs. It was opened in the 50’s. It was very successful. So I don’t know why they closed it down.” The gang ate dinner. As they left to go get changed, they were bombarded by the media and their cameras. Once again Nick went into bodyguard mode.
“Nissa, has your father been laid to rest?” She answered.
“No he hasn’t!”
“Alright you guys need to leave her alone.” Nick shouted at them. They actually listened to him. They made it back to the rooms. By 6 they were all ready. Nick and Nissa headed out to pick up the rest of the gang. When they got to the funeral home, the workers were rolling Jeff out to the viewing area. They got him set up. Patsy and Norma went straight to the front and set up the flowers. The workers opened the casket. Patsy and Norma inspected him before Nissa could see him. When they both approved, Nick walked with Nissa to the front. The closer Nissa got to her dad, the weaker her knees got. She looked up at Nick, tears already forming in her eyes.
“Baby girl, if you’re not ready, you don’t have to.”
“I have to. He’s lonely.” She said sobbing. Nick hugged her tight and continued to help her to the front. Patsy came over and stood with them. Nissa laid her head on Jeff’s chest and rested her hand on his. He had a birthday card Nissa made him when she was 3. Patsy had it. Jeff had forgotten it in Dallas and she was returning it. Nissa cried, uncontrollably. All everyone could do is watch and suffer with her. When it was time to leave, Patsy and Nick tried getting her to go but she wouldn’t budge. They finally got her to go. Nick helped her into the passenger seat. Patsy gave her some Xanax to calm her down. Then, with Nick driving, they made it back. By the time they got to Norma and Eric’s room, Nissa had cried herself to sleep. She was knocked out. Patsy, Norma, Eric, and Nick got out of the car.
“I hope you guys have a good night.” Nick told Norma and Eric.
“Good night Nick.” Eric told Nick as he shook his hand. Norma hugged Nick.
“Thank you, Nick.”
“For what?”
“For being there for Nissa. She’s close to us, but she seems to be leaning on you this time.”
“I do this because I care about her. She’s been nothing but sweet with me. And she deserves the best of me.”
“Well, you’re making this a lot easier. So we thank you for that too.” Patsy chimed in.
“It’s not a problem at all.” Eric and Norma left them. Patsy and Nick got back in the car and headed back to their hotel. He dropped her off at her room.
“Do you need help carrying her in?” Patsy asked him.
“No. I’m OK thank you. You get some rest. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.”
“Yeah, you’re right.”
“Good Night, Patsy.” He said to her, kissing her cheek and hugging her. Patsy walked into her room. Nick waited till she was safe in her room, then he got back in the car and drove around the back, where their room was. He parked, then went around to the passenger side and lifted Nissa carefully out. He carried her in. As he struggled to open the door, he noticed that they were being photographed. He finally got in and kicked the door shut. He laid her in her bed, taking her shoes off. He covered her up with the blanket. He then brushed her hair off her face and kissed her forehead. He sat next to her. He got his laptop out and checked his Twitter feed. Immediately seeing the latest gossip.
@ENewsNowandThen: Is Nick Carter taking advantage of a mourning Nissa Sohma to get in her pants?
Nick was dumbfounded. He couldn’t believe the stupid shit those fuckers were saying. He then checked what his fans were saying. They too were being hostile. But he already expected that from them. He decided to say something.
@BoyBanderNik: Miss @NissaSohma and I are just friends. I’m helping her get through a tough time. Stop Harassing her!!!!!!!
After that tweet, fans were supporting them. Every so often there was the hateful reply. He then decided to log off and work on mixing a song he was working on. Every so often he would look at Nissa and admire how beautiful she was. He knew that it was the wrong time to be thinking about that but he couldn’t help it. It must mean something when she was giving him inspiration. He worked on the song until his eyes couldn’t take it anymore.
The following morning, Nissa woke up at the crack of dawn. She was a little disoriented. But the moment she looked over at Nick, she came to. She was so glad to have him there. Although she had the others, she didn’t know how she’d be if Nick wasn’t there. She hopped in the shower. Nick woke up when he heard the shower running. Nick checked the time. It was 7:30. Nick got back on his Twitter. He was overwhelmed with many tweets from supporting fans all over the world. He tweeted them back.
@BoyBanderNik:Thank you everyone. For the kind words. @NissaSohma and I Appreciate it.
Nissa got out of the shower to find Nick logging out.
“Good Morning.” she told Nick. He was surprised to see her like that.
“Good Morning baby girl. How are you feeling?”
“I’m better.”
“That’s really good!” He got in the shower. She logged on to check her stuff. All her mom’s fans and Nick’s were tweeting their condolences. Nissa was overwhelmed by all the love she was getting from them. She tweeted:
@NissaSohma: Thank you for all the love and support.
She then posted the last picture she took with her father. They were standing in front of the tree. She got off her computer and got dressed. Nick came out of the shower and got dressed. Then he stood in front of the mirror to fix his hair. Wearing nothing but sweatpants. Nissa stared at him.
“You smell so good!”
“Thank you.” He looked puzzled. He wasn’t expecting that. He licked his lips. He tended to do that when he was nervous or went into shy mode. Believe it or not, even though he was a big public star, he got shy all the time. He just knew how to get out of it. Nissa was thinking about what was about to happen that day. Nick looked at her through the mirror as he was finishing up his hair. He knew exactly what was going through her mind.
“Baby girl, it’s going to be fine.”
“I know. I’m just having a hard time accepting it.” Nick got done with his hair. He then walked to her.
“Come here.” He pulled her into an embrace.
“Mmmm, Nick thank you for being here. Your hugs make me feel so much better.” Nissa told him, falling deep into that embrace.
“I’m glad I can help in any way I can.”
“You’ve been great. Thank you!” They headed out. Picked up the gang and headed to the funeral home. Nissa went straight to her dad.
“Morning, daddy. I won’t say ‘Good Morning’ because right now I’m so bitter and I can’t see what’s so good about it. I know that I had you longer than what was expected, but I still can’t comprehend losing you. I know that you are in a better place with Mama, so I will make the effort to live my life to the fullest. That’s my promise to you and Mama. I love you so much.” She kissed his forehead and stepped away. Patsy, Norma, and Eric said their last goodbyes. Once they did, the funeral home workers got Jeff ready to transport to the cemetery. As they were carrying him out, Nissa walked out holding on to Nick. Patsy and Norma on either side of Eric. Photographers snapping away. They followed them to the cemetery.
“I can’t believe they are here, stupid idiots.” Nissa whispered to Nick.
“I know. Just ignore them.” The grave diggers put the coffin in place to lower it down. They wanted to bury Jeff after everyone had left. But Nissa refused.
“You will bury him in front of us because I don’t trust you guys for shit!” She said angrily. They proceeded to do what they were told to do. But as they got to the shoveling, dirt into the grave, Nissa panicked. She realized how final it was. She broke out in tears. She cried until they buried him completely. The gang went back to the car.
“I’ll be there in a minute.” Nissa told them. She turned to the graves. “I’m sorry mom and dad. I didn’t mean to break. I know I promised to be strong but I couldn’t. Nevertheless, here you guys are. Together again. I hope that you will keep each other warm. I love you guys.” Nissa met up with the rest of the gang. They all went to have lunch one last time are Red Rose Pizzeria. They were all in a good cheery mood.
“I want to make a toast. I want to thank all 4 of you for being here for me. I’d be lost without you all. Lastly, I want to raise my glass to all the memories we all have of dad.” They all clinked their glasses.
“So Nissa, what are your plans now?” Eric asked.
“I have to go purchase his headstone. Gonna see if I could get one with both their names and replace the one mom has now. Then I’ll go home. I know you guys gotta go back to your lives. I will be OK.
“I’ll stay with you.” Nick told her.
“If you want to, that’s fine with me.” They laughed and had a good lunch. After that Norma, Eric, and Patsy went to pack their things. They were leaving that night. When they got ready, Nissa and Nick took them to the airport. Patsy went back to Dallas. Eric and Norma went back to Friendship. Nick and Nissa went to the place where they sold headstones. She commissioned it.
“So when is it coming in?” She asked the lady working there.
“It should be here in 5 to 7 days. I will give you a call as soon as it gets in so you can inspect it. When you approve, we’ll install it.”
“Great. That sounds like a plan.” Nick and Nissa took off. Nissa took him to the willow tree.
“What’s this baby girl?”
“This is where mom and dad’s love story started.” She told Nick the same story Jeff told her. She explained the carvings and such.
“Why are you telling me this?”
“I just thought I’d share a piece of me with you.”
“That’s very sweet of you. I will always cherish that.”
“I’m starving. We should grab some food.”
“Yes we should. What are you feeling for?”
“How about chinese?”
“Perfect. No one makes chinese food like they do here in New England.” They went back to the room and ordered take out. When they were finished, Nissa cleaned up the room a little. Packed all her dad’s things. She planned on taking them back with her. Nick went to the front desk to pay for another week. Nissa got done with what she was doing and logged on. She read all of Nick’s tweet and all the responses they got. She was moved by all the messages. She stopped to think about Nick. She was thinking about how when she met him all she felt was fanatic infatuation. And how in the 6 years they had been talking, she started to feel something more than just fan love. She figured it was the fact that he had let her into his life. He was honest with her. And he had been nothing but amazing with her. Nick came back. He had found Nissa in deep thought.
“Hey. What’s on your mind?” He asked her, waking her from her trance.
“Oh nothing.” She laughed nervously. Wondering if he could tell what she had been thinking about.
“OK? You seemed to be in another world.”
“I was reading all the tweets. Thank you for being so great with me.” He thought, if she only knew. Nissa had him at hello when they met 6 years ago. When he had left Dallas after that date, he felt melancholy for a reason. The question was… should he tell her what he felt. He thought about it but he wasn’t too sure if it was the right time.
“You’re welcome baby girl.” Nissa threw her arms around his neck. He wrapped his around her waist. She held him really close. She let go and looked up into his blue eyes. He looked down into hers. She was so close to kissing him but she backed away.
“Sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.”
“It’s OK, Gummy Bear.”
“Gummy Bear!!!!!?”
“I saw you eating them a while back. Did you know that you eat them when you’re really sad or stressed?”
“No I didn’t know.” She smiled at him. They both talked for the rest of the night. They spent 5 out of those 7 days in the room, getting to know each other. Nissa learned so many things about Nick Carter that in her opinion, only a man’s wife should know. Things so personal and scandalous that she thought he’d have to kill her after he was done talking with her. They were enjoying themselves so much that they forgot why they were still in Springfield. Until her phone rang one afternoon.
“Nissa? Hi this is Jo from Headstones Inc.”
“Yes hi. How are you?
“I’m fine thank you. I’m calling to let you know that the Sohma/Hernandez headstone is in. You can come at your convenience to inspect it.”
“Thank you so much.” Nissa got off the phone. “The headstone came in!”
“Great. Let’s go check it out. But I’ll drive.”
“OK?” She said with a puzzled look. Nick drove there and they checked out the stone.
“I love it. It’s more that I expected.”
“I’m glad you like it.” Jo said, satisfied with Nissa’s satisfaction. “So we will go ahead and work on it today. It won’t take long to take the little stone out and install the new one.”
“Thank you so so much.”
“You’re welcome. You can come out there tomorrow. It will be done by then.”
“Thank you.” They got back to the car. Nick drove them to the tree. Nissa was confused.
“What are we doing here?”
“Nissa, I don’t even know where to start.” He told her as they got out of the car.
“Are you alright?”
“Yes Gummy Bear.”
“So what is it?” They walked to the tree. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Once they got to the tree. He traced the date that Jeff and Jazmine began to date.
“Nissa, you and I have been talking for 6 years. And well we’ve gotten to know each other so much.”
“Yes, that’s true.”
“Well Nissa, I’ve been thinking about how much I think about you. When I’m not with you I feel weird. Like something is off.
“Nick, I don’t know what to say.” Nissa interrupted. He grabbed her hands in his. Kissed them then looked at her.
“What I’m trying to say is that I want us to be together. Give us a try. That’s if it is alright with you, Gummy Bear.”
“I’m speechless. In the time that we’ve been talking, you’ve let me into your heart. And I know how hard that is for you. I appreciate it and because you’ve been like that with me, I’ve been able to be vulnerable with you. I’ve never been like that with anyone besides my family. Not even when I was dating Eric. Because I feel like that, I would love for us to give it a try.” Nick lit up. He wrapped his arms around her waist, picked her up and spun her around. She had her arms around his neck. She kissed his lips. He put her back down. Her hands were on his face as she continued kissing him. “The only thing that I’m worried about is that I’m 22 and you’re 43.”
“So?”
“Wouldn’t that sour your career?”
“Gummy Bear, no matter what I do I will always have the unhappy fans. I’ve said this before, age is but a number.”
“I know Nicky. I hope that the fans don’t completely hate me.”
“You’ll be fine. So let’s carve our initials and the date. That’s why I brought you here. So we could start a new tradition.”
“I love that. Thank you!” Nissa kissed him once more.
“Mmmm, I could get use to this.” Nick told her. He was so happy. At that point he was thinking about his failed relationship. And as he looked into Nissa’s eyes he saw hope. They carved their initials and the date on the willow tree. Once they were done they had dinner and went back to the hotel room.
Spill the Beans, Carter by Sheila Valerie
Nick and Nissa want back to Friendship. They drove back. Once they got to Nissa's house, they unpacked the car. Then decided to grab some lunch. As they were eating, Nick got a call from his manager.
"Hey T-Man what's up?"
"Nick, where the hell have you been?"
"I have been with my girlfriend, her father passed away and she let me be here with her. Why do you have your panties in a bunch?" Nissa giggled when he told Travis that.
"The other boys have been trying to get ahold of you for a while. And since they couldn't they called me."
"What's wrong? Are they alright?"
“Yes they are fine. They wanted to talk to you about a possible Backstreet Boys reunion. They are having a meeting Tuesday morning"
“OK. Let them know I'm in. I'll be there." Nick and Travis hang up. Nick goes back to his lunch with Nissa.
"Nicky, What's wrong?"
"Travis, my manager was calling because the Boys called him trying to reach me. They wanted to know if I was interested in a Backstreet Boys Reunion."
"Baby, that's great!!!!!!!" Nissa noticed that he had a concerned look on his face. "What is it baby?"
“Baby girl, that means that I have to go back to Malibu tomorrow and leave you." Nissa reached her hand across the table.
“Baby, do it!!!!"
“But I don't want to leave you by yourself. Not yet."
“Nicky, I'll be fine. Backstreet Boys have been your life. And it comes before me. You have to do this for them. The fans."
‘Come with me."
"Baby, I can't. I'm not ready to leave the house behind."
"Are you sure? I could stay instead."
"Do your thing Nick. I'll be fine."
"OK baby." Nick and Nissa spent the whole day at the house watching movies in front of the fireplace. They fell asleep on the couch. Nissa was laying on him. With her head nuzzled in his neck. He had wrapped his arms around so she wouldn't fall off. She woke up, when she realized that the fire had died down and the sun was up. She decided to make him breakfast. This was the first time she had Sunday morning breakfast with anyone in a long time. Nick was woken up by the smell of bacon and toast. When he walked into the kitchen, Nissa had a whole breakfast spread. "Good Morning, Gummy Bear."
Nissa looked up from the stove and saw Nick, standing in the door way with his hair shooting in all directions, and rubbing his eyes. He reminded her of a little boy waking up too soon from his nap. She just thought he was too adorable. "Good Morning baby boy." She skipped to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He hugged her back and gave a kiss on her head. "I made you breakfast. I tried to keep it as healthy as I could." She proudly told him.
"Thank you baby. I'm starving." They sat down to eat.
"Are you excited?"
"Yes it's been years since our last album."
"I can't wait. I'm excited. But I will miss you."
"I'll miss you too baby. We can text, call, video chat. I can fly out here and you can fly out there too. I'll make sure that I stay in contact."
"I will do the same." They got done with breakfast. Nick got everything ready. Then they headed out to the airport. They talked all the way there. They arrived to the departures area. Nissa parked and they both got out of the car. Nick opened the back seat door and took his suitcase out and set it down. Nissa went around to him. Nick gave her a hug. When he let go, Nissa got sad and put her head down so that Nick couldn't see.
"Gummy bear, don't be sad." He lifted her chin up and kissed her lips. "You'll see, we will be together sooner than you think."
"I know baby...I hope you have a safe trip." She hugged and kissed him again.
"I'll call you when I get there."
"Ok Baby...Bye Bye." He went on his way. Nissa got in her car. As she was getting in she noticed that they were being photographed. She walked over to him but he ran. "Fuck!!!!! That's just great. Now what?" Nissa drove home. When she got out, there was a reporter hiding in her bushes. The reporter approached her.
"Nissa, how are you dealing with your father's passing?"
"I could be better."
"Is it true that Nick Carter stayed with you this week?"
"Yes it's true."
"Is it true that you are dating?"
"He was making sure I was well adjusted before he went back."
"Are the rumors true that Backstreet Boys are back in the studio?"
"Why on earth would I know that?"
"Maybe he told you before he left this morning."
"Have you been watching my house?"
"Yes"
"You need to go before I call the cops for trespassing."
"Can I get a picture?"
"Fuck off!! I think you got enough today." The reporter left. Nissa got in her house. She laid in bed thinking about the time she had spent with Nick. She couldn't believe that she was dating him. But of course she knew that she needed to keep it on the down low. At least until Nick decided to release that information. She fell asleep.
"Mom, do you have the something borrowed?"
"Yes Nissa. I have this hair comb that belonged to your 'Abuela'. I also have this blue Jasmine flower."
"Great!!!! The flower can go in the bouquet." Jeff walked in to the dressing room where the bride was getting ready.
"You look so beautiful. Are you ready?"
"Yes daddy, I am." Jeff walked her to the altar. The whole time she was looking at the groom. He was facing to the front. When Jeff and Nissa got to the front, the groom slowly turned to face them. But as soon as he did Nissa was woken up by someone sitting on her bed. When she realized who it was, she started crying.
"Sophie, hey. I'm sorry I just had a dream with mom and dad." She told her as she embraced her.
"I know. I'm so sorry about your dad. I didn't go because I thought I would just be in your way."
"I understand. Patsy, Norma, Eric and Nick were thee with me.”
"What!?"
"What what?"
"Nick was there?"
"YES and we are dating."
"Really" Sophie squealed.
"Yes he is just amazing. He was there through the whole ordeal. Including paparazzi coming after me. Which is not gonna stop. So I hope you are ready to hang out with a celebrity."
"Of course I am."
"How have you been?"
"I've been good, working and getting serious with Joel."
"Oh what do you mean with that?"
"Joel and I decided to move in together."
"That's great! How long have you been living together?"
"Over a year, right now."
"That's really good. I'm really happy for you. I'm so sorry I've been MIA."
"Nissa, I understand. Your dad needed you. We can pick up where we left off."
"That's right. Let's start right now. Let's go to Coffee Dreams as soon as I get dressed."
"OK" Nissa got dressed. And they headed to Coffee reams. They were greeted by Mark and the girl that replaced Nissa, when she took her leave of absence.
"Hey girls. It's been a while since I've seen you together. Nissa, I'm so sorry about your dad's passing. How are you holding up?"
"I'm OK. Still adjusting to the empty house, but I'm OK."
"That's good. You know that you can always count on me with everything you need."
"Thank you Mark. I need to talk to you when you get a chance."
"I'm free right now. What's up?"
"Well, I'm resigning. Give my position to someone who needs it."
"OK. No problem. But always remember that you have an open door here."
"Thank you, Mark." She hugged him.
"Anything you guys get today is on the house."
"Thanks" Sophie and Nissa said in unison. They ordered their usual and sat down.
"Sooooo....Tell me more about Nick."
"He's great. He made sure I was alright. He stayed with me in the room. When he woke up he was so beautiful. Remember all those pictures where they are going for the just-rolled-out-of-bed look?"
"Yes."
"Well they failed miserably. It's......oh God, I can't describe it."
"Girl, I think you are smitten."
"Yes I am. I'm hoping we work out. But if we don't at least he's my friend."
"It's gonna work out. You guys are gonna be fine."
"Thank you." Sophie and Nissa headed out to the beach. Summer was ending and fall weather was upon them once more. They sat and caught up with each other. Nissa's phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey Gummy bear, how are you?"
"I'm good. Just hanging with Sophie."
“OK baby, I'll let you go so can chill with her. I just called to let you know that I got home safe."
"I miss you already."
"I miss you too, baby girl."
"OK, I'll text you later."
"OK sweet girl." They hung up. Nissa looked towards the top of the rocks and noticed a photographer snapping pictures in their direction. Nissa and Sophie left the beach. No matter where they went they were being followed by the media. So they decided to go back to Nissa's place. They hung out for another couple of hours. They say and drank tea. Sophie saw it was getting late.
"I better get going. Joel is probably wondering where I'm at."
"OK. Hope we can do this again soon."
"Definitely" Sophie went home. Nissa took a shower. After she got dressed, she went downstairs to lock up. When she went back upstairs. She walked by Jeff's room. She went in. A wave of sadness and anger came over her. She burst in tears.
"Oh daddy, it feels like you're on one of those long trips and that you'll be back. But in reality this time you won't be back. God, I miss you so much." Nissa closed the door behind her and went back in her room. She fired up her laptop and as soon as she opened her browser, she was bombarded by pictures and articles about her mom and dad. The money she stood to inherit from both of them. All the pictures taken today at the airport, beach, and everywhere else. And of course all the rumors that she was fucking Nick for his money. At that moment she wished the internet didn't exist at all. She shut everything down. She laid in bed. She fell asleep wondering what Nick was up to...


Free Divider Myspace Graphics



"Nacho, what are you doing?" Nacho climbed on his lap and looked at Nick with a sympathetic stare. "What? I'm Fine." Nacho whimpered as he laid his head on Nick's knee. "Fine you caught me." Nacho lifted his head and started panting and wagging his knobby tail as if to say 'Spill the beans, Carter'. Nick sighed, "It's Nissa. I think I'm falling fast and hard for her." Nick decided he needed some distraction. So he called his best friend, Jake.
"Hey dude, what you up to?"
"Not much. Finishing up here at work, then it's party time. Wanna come?"
"Yeah, I'm down."
"Party is at SKYLIGHT at 9."
"Alright, I'll meet you at the front."
"OK, I'll see you there." Nick took a shower and got dressed. He headed out. When he got there, Jake was waiting for him. When they got in, they went straight to the VIP room. They were greeted by two girls that always hung out with them at the clubs. The red head, whose name was Jessica, sat on Nick's lap. The brunette was Heather, and she say on Jake's lap.
"Hey sexy, where have you been lately?" Jessica asked Nick.
"I've been with a friend. Where have you been, baby?"
"I've been playing third wheel to those two." She pointed in Jake and Heather's direction.
“I’m sorry baby, I'm here now." Nissa crept into his mind. He wished that Red was her. He was fighting his conscience.
"Dude are you stupid or what?" His little angle Nick shouted at him. His little devil Nick pushed the angel off his shoulder.
"You know you want to fuck Red. Look at those tits." Nick was getting jumpy. Jessica noticed it.
"Are you OK baby?"
"Yes I'm alright." She continued kissing his cheek, and jaw line. Devil Nick was chuckling and teasing angel Nick. Because he saw that Nick was gonna follow his advice. Nick kissed her lips, then her neck. And just as he was kissing his way to her breast, he stopped abruptly.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"Jessica, I can't do this anymore."
"Why not?"
"I have someone now. She doesn't deserve this."
"That's the friend you were talking about. Huh?"
"Yes."
"Why isn't she here with you?"
"She couldn't be here." Nick got up to leave.
"Where are you going dude?" Jake asked him.
"I'm leaving man. I'm not feeling it."
"OK then." Jake went back to his brunette. Red joined them. Nick got in his car and dialed Nissa. He was feeling guilty because he knew he shouldn't have even let Red sit on his lap. And he could imagine what would've happened if Nissa found out.
"Hey baby what's up?" Nissa answered.
"Not much. I was at a party with Jake. I wasn't feeling it. So I left. Now I'm headed to the studio."
"Oh that's good. Are you alright?"
"Yeah baby, I just miss you."
"I miss you too. I was just thinking about you."
"Oh? What about?"
"About how amazing you are!!" Nick felt even worse when she told him that.
"Really?"
"Yes" she giggled. "Are you driving and on the phone?"
"No baby. I'm still in the parking lot of the club. I haven't left yet."
"Oh OK. The last thing I want is you getting into an accident."
"I appreciate that baby. So besides thinking about me, what are you up to?"
"I was gonna go to bed."
"Are you going to work tomorrow?"
"No I resigned. I'm just emotionally drained, that's why I'm going to bed so early."
"I understand. I saw the pictures they took of us today..."
"I tried to catch him but he just ran off before I could."
"It's OK. We just have to be extra careful."
"I'm down with that."
“Well baby girl, I'm gonna let you go so you can go to bed."
"OK baby. Talk to you tomorrow after the meeting."
"Good night Gummy Bear."
“Good night.” They hung up. Nick headed to the studio as originally planned. He got into the vocal booth and laid down the c=vocals to that song he was working on. He spent 2 hours doing so. When he was done he played back the track. He soon realized that he was singing about Nissa. He continued working on it. Before he knew it, it was almost daytime. “Shit, I have a meeting in an hour.” He went home and got ready. Then met up with management for that meeting. They all agreed on going forward with the reunion tour. He couldn’t wait to call Nissa and tell her.
Nissa woke up later than usual. The sun was bright. It was 63 degrees according to the local news. She went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Her doorbell rang.
“Hey Norma, how are you?”
“I’m doing good. Just thought I’d check in on you..”
“I’m doing good.”
“How are you holding up?”
“I miss him, but I’m getting back to my life slowly.”
“That’s good. I’m glad to hear that. You know you can always count on me for anything.”
“Thank you. How’s Eric?”
“He’s good. He’s about to be promoted. If he does he’ll have to go overseas to take care of that end of the company.”
“He’s gonna leave you? Or are you going with him?”
“I’ll visit with him. But I don’t think I could go live in another country.”
“Yeah, I understand.”
“How’s Nick?”
“He’s good. He went back yesterday. He had a meeting with the Boys today.”
“Oh that’s great. So is it official with you and him?”
“Yes but we haven’t told anyone yet. You know it’s really crazy but I’m already being hounded by the media because of mom. I couldn’t possibly imagine how it’s gonna be when the world finds out that ‘man-whore’ Nick Carter is going steady with me.”
“I hope you are ready for all that. It’s not easy being a celebrity.”
“I know. But I think Nick is worth it.”
“He seems to be. Anyway, Nissa I better get going. I just wanted to make sure you’re alright. Please keep in touch.” Norma told Nissa as she hugged her.
“I will.” Norma left. Nissa’s phone rang. “Hello?”
“Hi Nissa, This is Jolene, your parents attorney.”
“Hey Miss Jolene. How are you?”
“I’m doing well. I’m so sorry about your dad. How are you doing?”
“Better than expected. I have my moments though.”
“That’s understandable. I’m calling because I need you to come in so we can discuss your father’s will. I also need Eric and Nick to be present too. But I will call them to let them know.”
“OK. That sounds fine. When is the date?”
“A week from today at 10:00am. In my office.”
“Great. I will be there.” As soon as Nissa hung up, her phone rang again. “Hey Baby.”
“Hi, Gummy Bear. What you up to?”
“Nothing. Just got off the phone with my parent’s attorney.”
“It’s that time huh?”
“Yes, She told me that you and Eric need to be there too.”
“Me? Why?”
“I don’t know. She will call and talk with you.”
“OK. Besides that, what’s new?”
“Not much. Norma came to visit. She told me that Eric is getting a promotion. And if he does he’s gonna be traveling all over the world.”
“Really!!? That’s great. What about Norma?”
“She said she’ll visit with him, but she doesn’t see herself living in another country.”
“Yeah and I understand her point.”
“How was the meeting?”
“It was decided that we will do the reunion album and tour.”
“That’s great baby!!”
“I’m thinking about talking to the guys about a song that I’ve been working on.”
“Oh I hope they take it.”
“Me too. I think it’s gonna be one of the good ones.”
“Yes”
“Has the media left you alone?”
“No, of course not. Now they are digging into it because they got wind of the will reading.”
“Of course. Your mom was famous. And your dad being a celebrity attorney was famous himself. You being their daughter makes you famous too. They left you alone when you were little because your parents protected you. Now you are older and they will harass you more. Another thing that will contribute to that is the fact that you and me are dating.”
“I know baby. I guess I have to get used to it.”
“You guess?” He laughed nervously.
“I don’t mean it that way…”
“I know.” They talked for another hour. About how much they missed each other. About details of a tour. And how they would spend time with each other while he’s off on tour.
That week flew fast. She was nervous about the will reading but at the same time she wanted it to be over. She got ready, then headed out. Eric and Nick were gonna meet up over there. She was also looking forward to seeing Nick. She arrived and she saw Eric and Nick were already waiting in the waiting room.
“Hey guys.” She hugged Eric. Then she hugged and kissed Nick.
“Hey Nissa.”
“Hey Gummy Bear.”
“I’m so nervous.”
“Don’t be. There’s nothing to be nervous about.” Just then Jolene came out to greet them. She introduced herself to the boys and led all three of them to her office.
“So we all know why we are here. We are here to execute Jeff Hernandez’z will. These are his final wishes. So if we are all ready, let’s begin.” Nissa, Eric, and Nick gave their OK’s. “I will hand each one of you a letter that Jeff wrote for you guys. Then afterwards, I will distribute what belongs to you.” Jolene handed them a letter.




‘My Dearest Nissa,
If you are reading this, it means that I’m not there. I wish that it didn’t have to be this way. But only God knows why he did it. I know that you probably miss me but I want you to know that I am alright and that I want you to live your life to the fullest. I don’t want you to regret anything you do. I want you to be proud of everything you do. Never forget that no matter what your mother and I will always be proud of you. Never forget it. I love you with all my heart.
Love,
Dad”


Eric read his letter.


“Eric, my son,
Ever since you were a little boy, I’ve always seen you as a son. And it was all because I saw you grow up. I had always felt that connection with you. So when Norma told us the ‘SECRET’ I was extremely happy. It just gave me another reason to love you more. I’m proud of the man you have become. I just wish that I could’ve spend more time with you as your father. Please look after your sister.

Dad”



Nissa looked over at Eric and saw that he had a tear running down his cheek. She hugged him. Nissa new that whatever her dad had written in Eric’s letter had touched him. She then looked at Nick. He was reading his note.


“Nick,
I’ve only known you briefly. But seeing how you’ve been with Nissa, and seeing the way she acts when she talks with or about you, makes me wonder if there’s something there. And then I realized that you guys are meant to be. I mean I’m not a matchmaker, but I can see the spark between you. Just make sure that you don’t hurt her, she is very delicate. And I don’t know how much more heartbreak she could take. Love her like crazy. And I know that she will love you more.

Jeff”


Once they were finished reading their letters, Jolene proceeded to finish up the task at hand.
“I will start with Eric. This is what it says. I give Eric 50% of all my estate. To Nissa, I give her the other 50%. It’s only fair that I split everything in half. And last but not least, Nick. I give Nick my wedding band and Jazmine’s engagement ring and band. Make her happy.” Nissa was shocked to hear that Nick got the rings. She did not like that decision. But before she could object Jolene continued. “Ok now I can tell you guys what your 50% consists of. You guys get $15 million each. The house was your mother’s so Nissa, you get the house. Which I have to speak to you about your mother’s will.”
“That’s fine. Just tell me when.”
“Right after this meeting is fine. My next appointment is not for a while so I have the time. Now is there any questions about this will?”
“Nope. I’m happy with my 50%.” Eric said.
“Yes! Why would my father give Nick my mother’s rings. When they clearly belong to me.”
“Nissa there’s a reason for it. Just don’t worry about it!” Nick told her.
“Look, Nissa I’m just executing his wishes. He had a reason for that decision.” Jolene chimed in.
“I’m just not happy about that. But whatever.”
“Alright so everything having to do with Jeff’s will is all settled.”
“Ok thank you, Jolene.” Eric gave Nissa a hug. “I’ll talk to you later, sis.”
“OK bro.” Nick shook Jolene’s hand and turned to Nissa for a kiss. She turned her face. He kissed her cheek. Nick knew that she was very upset about the rings. But he knew that he had to give her some space. So he left. Jolene continued with Nissa.
“OK Nissa, your father included in his will, that you are the executor to Jazmine Sohma’s estate now. That includes her $23 Billion. The house, and all the royalties from her books.”
“Wow that’ a lot to take care of.”
“Well that’s why I’m here. As long as you let me, I will be here to help you with anything you need. I’ve been your parents’ attorney since your mom decided to publish her stuff.”
“Thank you so much. This means the world to me.” Nissa hugged her.
“Your parents chose me for a reason, and it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t continue to take care of their business with you.”
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.”
“I better get going. Thank you so much.”
“You’re very welcome honey.” Nissa left Jolene’s office. Then she headed to Coffee Dreams. She walked in straight to the counter. Not seeing anyone. She was in her own little world. Once she ordered she sat down in her favorite corner. Noticing that at the other corner was Nick. She wasn’t sure if she could deal with him. So she just sat there. Nick decided that it was a perfect time to speak to her. He could corner her and she couldn’t wiggle her way out of it.
“Nissa we need to talk.”
“I know. Just not right now.”
“Baby girl. Please, I didn’t know he was going to do that.”
“Then you shouldn’t have any problems handing them over right?”
“I can’t do that Gummy Bear.”
“Why not?”
“Your dad did it for a reason, and you need to understand that.”
“Whatever Nick. You’re probably gonna give them to one of your bimboes. When clearly you know how much they mean to me.”
“Yes, I know how much they mean to you. And no... I’m not giving them to anyone except its rightful owner. When the time is right.”
“I was expecting you to hurt me, but not so soon.”
“Nissa, baby I’m not trying to hurt you. It’s not my intention. But your father wanted this and I think that you should be happy that I’m honoring your father’s wishes.” Nissa was so upset at that. But she knew that he was right. No other man would take the time to do so. But Nissa being as stubborn as she is, wasn’t gonna budge. Nick couldn’t believe that she said she expected him to hurt her. “I can’t believe you would say that. I can’t believe that you anticipated me hurting you. I think that’s shitty.”
“You do understand you are keeping my mother’s rings? How is that not hurting me?”
“Nissa, I’m not hurting you. Yes I do understand I have your mother’s rings. Just let it go because you are not getting them.” Nissa got up and walked away. Nick was so frustrated. He didn’t know what to do. He got up and chased after her. He caught up to her and grabbed her arm. “Nissa, wait.”
“What Nick? Haven’t you done enough?”
“Look I want you to know that, you’re a part of my life now. If I lose you…” He looked at her. He sighed and just walked away. Nissa saw sadness in his eyes. She got in her car and headed home. Sophie showed up a couple of minutes after Nissa got home.
“Hey girl, how are you?”
“Could be better. How about you?”
“I’m ok. What’s wrong?”
“Nick got my mother’s rings in the will.”
“So your father gave them to him?”
“Yeah. And I don’t see the reason why he would get them anyway.”
“Well, I’m pretty sure that your dad had a reason for that.”
“Why would my dad give a total stranger my mother’s rings?”
“Nick’s not a stranger. He’s been in your life for 5 years!!!!!! I wouldn’t consider that a stranger.”
“I know but I’m just so mad right now. I guess I’ll be alright when I get over it.” Sophie left after a while. Nissa was cleaning. She had the music in her iPhone on shuffle. All of the sudden ‘Don’t Walk Away’ by Nick came on. She was listening to the words and felt like he was singing it directly to her. She couldn’t help but miss him. She dialed him.
“Hello?”
“Hey.” She replied sounding sad.
“Hey baby. How are you?”
“Confused.”
“I’m sorry about all of this.”
“Are you still in town?”
“Yeah, I don’t leave till tomorrow.”
“Please come stay with me.”
“Of course, Gummy Bear. I’ll be right over.” Nick made his way to Nissa’s place. The moment Nissa opened the door, she threw herself on him. And started crying. “Baby girl, don’t worry. It’s gonna be alright.”
“I know. I’m sorry. It’s just too overwhelming.”
“You’re gonna be like this for a while. It’s gonna take a little time for you to get back to normal.”
“I hope so.”
“What were you up to?”
“I was just cleaning a little bit.”
“Oh OK.”
“I was also thinking about getting back to my site. I’m pretty sure that my little bit of fans are missing me. Or at least I need to update the blog.”
“That would be good. It would take your mind off everything.”
“Yeah you are probably right.” Nick spent the night with her. He had to head back the following day.
They continued talking for the next 9 months over the phone, text, and Facetime. The boys had finished their album. Nissa began working on her site. She finally got it looking like she wanted it. So she continued on her fan fiction. In those 9 months she acquired a couple thousand more fans. She was really happy. The Boys were getting ready to tour. One month before they were set to travel to New York to kick off their Reunion tour, Nick called Nissa.
“Hey baby boy, what you up to?”
“Not much. Just came back from a walk with Nacho. What about you?”
“I was responding to messages on my site.”
“Anything interesting?”
“Yeah. They keep asking me to write a book.”
“Maybe you should.”
“I’m considering it. Anyway what’s up? You usually call me later than this.”
“I was calling because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come on tour with me?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, you travel with me.”
“You mean live out of a suitcase and on your tour bus?”
“Yes.”
“You mean live the rockstar’s wife lifestyle without being married to you?”
“Yes, Nissa.” He giggled. “So would you come with me? I would love if you do”
“OK. I’ll go with you. Maybe I’ll find inspiration for my book out there.”
“Yeah, most likely.”
“So when are we leaving?”
“The first show is in New York City in exactly 1 month. I thought maybe you could meet me in New York City. I’ll pay for everything. You could take a train or a bus. But I think it’ll be faster if you fly down.”
“Yeah I think it’ll be easier flying down there. That way I could leave my car here. “
“Yeah. All you need to bring with you is clothes, your laptop, all your forms of identification, and your passport. Everything else that you might need, I’ll take care of.”
“Baby, you don’t have to do that…”
“I know Gummy Bear, but I want to. You won’t be needing anything at all.”
“Thank you, baby boy.” That month went by really slow. Nissa got ready. Got everything settled at the house. Eric agreed to take her to the airport because he was leaving that same day for his job. He had taken that promotion. So he was flying to Japan. Nick picked her up at the airport. She ran to him. He picked her up and spun her around as he was kissing her. There was some celebrity photographers snapping away. They missed each other so much that they didn’t care if their secret was revealed. They walked out of the airport being photographed.
“Nick, Nissa are you guys an item!?”
“Yes we are.” Nick responded, kissing Nissa’s hand. Nissa looked at him with a surprised look.
“How long have you guys been dating?”
“A little less than a year.”
“How did you manage to keep it on the down low?”
“We have no idea, it was very hard to do.”
“Nissa are you going on tour with him? Is that why you are here?”
“Yes it is.”
“What about your dad’s house.”
“It’s being taken care of by a friend.” They made it out of the airport. They finally made it to his bus. When Nissa saw it, she was in amaze. She dreamed of stepping on his bus. But she never dreamed that she would as his girlfriend.
“So what do you think?”
“I love it!”
“I bet you dreamt of this moment.”
“Yes I did. But I never thought that I would be on your bus as your girlfriend.” Nick laughed. They got settled in. Then both Nick and Nissa went to sound check. There, she met the rest of the Boys.
“Hey guys, this is Nissa, the girl I’ve been talking about.”
“Hey Nissa.” They all shook her hand. “It’s about time Nicky found a sane girl.” Aj teased him.
“Shut up Aj” Nick playfully punched his shoulder.
“It’s really nice to meet you.” Kevin said. Nissa was in awe at how down to earth they all were. Nissa stepped back and let the Boys do their thing. Once they were done, Nissa got back to the bus. Nick had to talk to the Boys about an idea for VIP’s. He then got back to the bus.
“So how was it?”
“I loved it. Definitely looking forward to the show. Oh and stop with the very sexy moves, you’re gonna give these girls a heart attack!” She giggled as she gave him a peck on his lips. He licked his lips to taste hers. Nick got ready for the show. They went to the venue.
After the show, Nissa checked out Twitter and she was trending in NYC.

@NiksDevil: Was that @NissaSohma with @BoyBanderNik? They looked cute together!!!

@KaosticLove0905: @NiksDevil Who is @NissaSohma?

@NiksDevil: @KaosticLove0905 she is Nick’s girlfriend. He just announced it this morning…

@KaosticLove0905: @NiksDevil she looks like a gold digger. She’s fat. What does @BoyBanderNik see in her?


That was the beginning of the Nissa/Nick bashing. And Nissa knew that it was just gonna get worse.
She continued checking all the social media she had accounts with and there was a lot of negativity but there was also a lot of positive posts. Nick noticed that Nissa’s mood kept changing.
“Baby girl, there’s no point on getting on unless it’s to promote something because they will eat you alive. I’ve learned to deal with it. I know it’s all new to you. It’ll get easier.”
“I know. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I see that the supporters are defending us against the nay sayers. I was even called a vampiric leech. What ever that is.” Nick laughed. He loved the faces Nissa made when she was puzzled.
“I’m guessing they mean that you are a gold digger. But you and I know that you have more money than what I’ll make in a lifetime.”
“You’re right.” They laid down to sleep. The next several months, it was getting real to the fans that Nick and Nissa were an item and that they were getting stronger. So the fans that were against it went into a frenzy on all social medias. They were calling her ‘fat bitch’, ‘gold digger’, they even threw in a ‘devil’ and ‘satan’. Nissa was having a hard time dealing with the unwanted attention. But she dealt with it the best she could. She made the effort to mingle with them despite the negativity. And Nick appreciated that.
At the same time, Nick and Nissa’s coliving experience was blossoming. They spent as much time together but if Nick needed time to himself, Nissa would give him his space. Nick did the same thing. He never thought that living with someone was this easy, especially because she was a girl.
One night after their show, Nick sat on his little couch in the front of the bus. Jake had come up to spend his birthday with him.
“So where’s the broad that has you pussy whipped?”
“She’s not a broad, and she doesn’t have me pussy whipped. She’s with Travis’ wife.”
“Wait, that no good for nothing, Travis is here?”
“Yes so be nice.”
“So tell me more about Nissa.”
“You know how I always said that I would have a hard time living with anyone?”
“Yeah.”
“Well, it’s been easy. She gives me my space, and I give her hers. I respect her and she respects me. At night, she lays her head on my chest and she relaxes me so much that I’m actually sleeping well. When I’m apart from her, I can’t wait to see her…”
“Dude, you’ll get over it. That’s what happened with Sapphire Torres and me.”
“That’s not the same. She was a stripper.”
“She was wifey material.”
“It’s still not the same.”
“If it’s not, then it means you’re in love. Holy Shit my BFF is in love.” Jake teased him. At that moment Nissa walked on the bus. Travis’ wife had dropped her off.
“Hey baby, sorry it took me so long. I was having some issues with my account. Oh sorry didn’t know you had company.”
“It’s ok baby girl. I’m glad you are back. I want you to meet my boy, Jake Daimler.”
“Hi Jake, it’s so nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so many things about you.”
“I hope all bad…”He replied as he shook her hand and looked at her from head to toe. Nick slapped him in the back of the head.
“Make yourself at home. Whatever you need, don’t hesitate to ask.” Nick knowing how Jake was, and how he would take advantage of that welcome, had to clear that.
“Baby girl, it’s alright. He knows his way around. Don’t you, J?” Nick gave him the ‘I’m one step ahead of you’ look.
“Oh Ok. Well I’m going to go pay my bills. I’ll be in the back.” She kissed his lips. “I” she kissed him, “Missed”, another kiss, “You”. He smiled everytime her lips would touch his. She went to the back. And left the boys alone.
“Dude, now I see why you are so Gaga over her. She’s a smokin’.”
“Not only is she hot, she is amazing. The way she thinks. At her age she shouldn’t be so mature…”
“Yeah yeah yeah. Does she have a sister?”
“No and even if she did I wouldn’t introduce you guys.”
“Oh come on man!”
“Dude all you would do is fuck her, then dump her when she falls in love with you and break her heart. Making it awkward for Nissa and me.”
“You’re probably right. But wasn’t it your life long dream for us to bang sisters?”
“That was the old Nick.”
“You’re old now…” Nick shot him ‘a go to hell’ look.
“She doesn’t have a sister. Let it go.” Nick changed the subject. “So what do you want to do on your birthday?”
“Dude, I came out here for a change of pace. Every year I go out partying and I end up with the biggest hangover, a forgotten night and strange women in my bed. I wanted to have a relaxed birthday this year.”
“Oh is Jakey finally getting old?”
“Shut the fuck up, Carter. You got old a long time ago.”
“That’s not it. That life doesn’t appeal to me anymore.” Jake laughed.
“We could play a mean game of WOW. Kick some of your fans’ ass.”
“Really? I never thought I’d see the day…” Nick said as he was walking to the back of the bus to get his laptop. He walked into the back room. He found Nissa sitting in the middle of the bed. She was buried in bills. Her laptop in front of her. The moment Nick walked in, she looked up at him and grinned.
“Hey baby. What’s up?”
“Jake just almost gave me heart attack.” Nissa giggled as Nick grabbed his chest.
“How come?”
“He doesn’t want to party for his birthday.”
“How come?”
“He says he needed a change of pace.”
“Maybe he wants a new routine.”
“Yeah. So instead, he wants to play WOW.”
“That sounds like a plan. I have so many bills to pay. I don’t see the end of it.”
“You need help, Gummy Bear?”
“No baby. I got this. I’m just still trying to get use to doing this. Up until dad passed away, he was the one taking care of this.”
“I understand. If you need help, I can help.”
“Thank you, baby.” He leaned over and kissed her. “Text me if you need anything.”
“Ok” Nick went back to the front.
“Dude it’s about damn time. I was about to go back there and make a three-some.”
“We weren’t doing anything.”
“So how is she in bed?”
“That’s none of your business.”
“Really dude? You always gave a one word description. Just one word!!!!”
“I don’t know.”
“You don’t know if you want to tell me or what?”
“I don’t know how she is in bed.”
“What!!!!? You haven’t fucked her?”
“Nope.”
“Are you stupid or what? A girl like that, I would’ve….mmmmm. What the hell happened to the Nick I knew?”
“Look she’s special. I don’t want to rush her.”
“She’s probably thinking that you’re not attracted to her.”
“Jake, that’s bullshit and you know it. Since when are you an expert in women?”
“Come on man, if you were in her shoes, and she wasn’t giving you any, wouldn’t you feel like if she wasn’t attracted to you?”
“Yeah probably. But that’s not the case.”
“Are you even in love with her? Or is this one of your mid-life crises?” Nick thought about what Jake just asked him. He was in love with Nissa but he just didn’t know how or when to tell her that. He never thought he’d ever have to tell a girl that he loved her.

Nissa decided to take a break from the bills before she pulled all her hair out. She called Sophie.
“Hey girl, how’s the rockstar life?”
“I’m loving every minute of it. And Nick has been great in every way.”
“That’s good. How about the fans? How are they taking the situation?”
“Most of them are supporting us. They agree that Nick should already settle down. Which is funny because I don’t see it happening with me…”
“Why not?”
“I don’t know. I mean he’s been amazing, but I don’t know.”
“Let me guess? He hasn’t said he loves you.”
“No. And I totally get it. He’s been a bachelor for so long. He’s never gotten this close to a girl. That’s why I’m not pushing the issue like other girls would. I want him to do things on his own terms.”
“Have you guys slept together?”
“ Yeah.”
“Do you even know what I mean?”
“Oh you meant like sex. No we haven’t yet.”
“Why not?”
“I don’t know. I guess he doesn’t want any. And I don’t want to seem like a slut by initiating anything.”
“Nissa, are telling me that you are still a virgin?”
“Yes!”
“Ok, I’m going to give you an exercise. Because you need to get over that. He’s a man. And no man can go this long without sex. But first do you want to do this?”
“Yes. I want to show him that I love him. In every way.”
“Ok then. So tonight when he lays next to you. Sit on him. Lean forward and kiss him.”
“Kiss him where?” Nissa was getting nervous just talking about this.”
“Nissa, relax” She told Nissa after hearing panic in her voice. “Kiss his lips. Then trail your way to his neck, jaw line, ears, chest…well the possibilities are endless!”
“You’re right. I need to just relax.”
“You got this girl.”
“How are you and Joel?”
“We are good. Joel just got hired for an architectural firm.”
“Oh that’s great! And what have you been up to?”
“Same ol same ol. Working. Trying to get a promotion at the moment.”
“Oh, What’s the position going to be?”
“Well I will be going to be the CEO’s assistant.”
“Really? That is amazing. They are skipping you three positions.”
“Yes, It’s because they assigned this project and I was the only one to understand his vision.”
“I knew I liked that company. They actually listen to the little people.”
“Girl, I know and I’m glad they did. Otherwise I would’ve have been looking for a better job.”
“Exactly. I’m so happy for you and Joel. I miss you guys.”
“We miss you too.”
“Maybe Nick will let me fly you guys out.”
“That’d be cool. Let us know.”
“I will” They talked for a couple more minutes. Then Nissa went back to the bills. When she finished them it was almost 2 in the morning. She went out to the front to grab something quick to eat.
“Hey baby girl, what’s up?”
“Nothing, just came to get a snack. I just got done with the bills.”
“That’s really good. We are just finishing up this game then we are calling it quits”
“Ok baby boy.” She grabbed an apple. She then kissed him and went back to the back. Half an hour later Nick and Jake finished up the game and logged off. Jake laid down on the couch in the front of the bus. Nick went to his room in the back. Nissa was laying there watching a documentary on Sea Horses.
“Hey baby, did you know that the male sea horse is the one who carried the babies? Making it the only species that the male is pregnant.”
“No I didn’t. That’s a great fact.”
“Come here” She raised her arms at him. He laid on the bed with his head on her lap. She started running her fingers through his hair and rubbing his head. Nick always found that soothing. She leaned forward and kissed him. He looked up at her.
“What was that for?”
“For no reason at all except that I’m happy with you.”
“Oh really?” He sat up to be level with her. He returned the kiss.
“What was that for?”
“Oh nothing, except that I’m happy with you too.” She kissed him again, nibbling on his lip. She could tell he was really into it. Still kissing him, she got on her knees and wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled her closer to him. She couldn’t get enough of him. She put her hands on either side of his face. “MMMMMM…Nissa” Nissa straddled him. She looked down into his eyes. She could see desire in them. That was her cue. She traced his jaw line with kisses and worked her way down to his neck. She nibbled on his neck. He moaned. He unfastened her bra snap. He pulled her shirt off and kissed her chest. He made his way down to her nipple, teasing her with his tongue. Then he kissed his way to her other tit and teased her nipple again. Nissa didn’t know how to take that new sensation. She giggled. “What’s the matter?”
“That’s a new feeling. It tickles but it feels good too.” Nick smiled.
“You’re beautiful. You know that?” Nissa smiled at him and kissed him. She then got off of him and took his shirt off. Pushing him back. She straddled him once more. She kissed his neck, making her way down to his Adam’s apple. She then worked her way down to his chest. Nick moaned. She continued her way down to his stomach. She could feel him tense up from excitement. She unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned his jeans. “Baby girl, we don’t have to do this if you are not ready.”
“I’m ready baby. I want to make love to you right now.” Nick moaned again. She pulled off his jeans and underwear. She began to stroke his dick. He wasn’t expecting that. The harder he got the more frisky she got with him. She surprised him by sticking him in her mouth. She teased his head with her tongue. She could tell he was dying of anticipation. His moans turned into quiet grunts. She sucked his dick until his legs were getting restless. He flipped her on her back. She giggled. He kissed her lips. She placed her hands in his hair as he kissed his way to her chest. He squeezed her tit while he sucked on her nipple. She tugged on his hair. He smiled while making eye contact with her. He had a devilish look in his eyes. He kissed his way down to her pelvic area. Nick pulled her shorts off. Leaving her boyshorts on.
“Mmmmmm baby, did you have this planned?”
“No.” She grinned. He kissed her pelvic area. She felt a chill. He kissed her pussy over her underwear. She inhaled then moaned. She couldn’t comprehend the intensity of this feeling. Nick was pleased to know that she was feeling good. “Baby boy stop teasing me.” She told him between breaths. He slipped her boyshorts off. Spread her legs apart. He teased her a little more by kissing on her pussy. She sighed out of pleasure. He began to eat her out. He stroke her clit with his tongue, sending her into a frenzy of mixed feelings and emotions. “Oooh Nick, that feels amazing!” She moaned loudly. She was still tugging at his hair. Nick knew that if he didn’t stop she would’ve cummed at any moment. So he stopped. He kissed his way back up to her chin. And kissed her lips.
“Mmmmm baby you taste so good.” That got Nissa wondering what she tasted like. But soon enough she pushed any thoughts like that out of her mind. Right now it was the moment. The moment that belonged to Nick and nothing else. She was so turned on, she couldn’t take no more of his teasing.
“Do you have a condom baby?” He took one out of his nightstand drawer. Nissa took it out of his hand and flipped him on his back. She took it out of it’s wrapper and slipped it on him. Nick watched every move Nissa made, exciting him even more. She slowly lowered herself on his dick. Nick feeling her tight pussy slipping on him, moaned.
“Oh wow baby.” When he was completely in her, she felt pain.
“That hurts a little.”
“It’s normal baby girl. Since it’s your first time. It’s just my penis stretching you. And don’t be surprised if you do bleed a little bit. It’s all normal. Now if it gets really uncomfortable let me know and we will stop.”
“Ok” The stinging stopped. Nissa began to ride him. Grinding on his dick. Nick placed his hands on her hips. She placed hers on his chest. Everytime he would hit the right spot she would dig her nails into his chest. Leaving scratch marks on him. He could feel her pussy walls swelling around his throbbing cock. His loud moaning turned into loud grunting. Nissa rode him faster. By the look on his face and the grip he had on her hips, she knew he was about to blow. He sat up and thrusted harder in her. She threw her arms over his shoulders and the more he thrusted, the harder it was for her to contain her hard breathing and moaning. She was scratching on his back. Leaving more marks. Nick thrusted one more time and that touched her special spot. “Oh, Oh my god. Niick, oh fuck…!” She shouted his name. She continued grinding on Nick. When she came back from all that intensified sensation, she leaned on Nick and whispered in his ear, “I love you!” and nibbled on it. That drove Nick crazy, and he blew. He grunted as he thrusted once more. He held on to her while he recuperated from the intense orgasm.
Nissa kissed him. She was still straddling him. Her arms around his neck. Nick was trying to catch his breath. She kept kissing his forehead, his cheeks, his lips, and his chin. She would nibble on his earlobes. He laid down. With Nissa still sitting on him. He was admiring her. He couldn’t believe that such an amazing girl would want to be with an old man like him. Let alone, make love to him that intensely. Nissa got off of him. She then took the condom off of him and cleaned him up. She laid next to him. Laying her head on his chest.
“How are you feeling?” He asked her as he kissed her head.
“I feel amazing. How about you?”
“You know, after all that, I don’t think I was your first.”
“Why do you say that?”
“Cuz damn baby, the things you did to me were in the advance chapter of the book of sex.” Nissa laughed.
“I promise you I was a virgin. You are my first and I’m glad it’s you.” They kissed. “I love you.” She whispered. He didn’t answer back. Nissa didn’t think anything of it. She fell asleep first.
“I love you too gummy bear. I just don’t know how to tell you. I guess I’m too chicken shit to do so. I will get there.” He fell asleep soon after.
Nissa woke up the next day. Nick wasn’t in bed. They had arrived at the next destination on the tour. Nick was sitting in the front of the bus with Jake and Travis.
“Good Morning guys.”
“Good Morning.” Travis and Jake said.
“Good Morning baby girl.” Nick stood up and kissed her.
“What’s going on?”
“Nothing. Just running through my day’s activity. And discussing the fact that the tour is almost over. And I want to work on a solo project.”
“That sounds great.” They had 3 more shows to do before the tour was over. Several nights later, Nick got on the bus after the show, Nissa noticed that he was melancholy.
“Hey baby, what’s wrong?”
“It’s nothing.”
“Are you sure? You are not yourself.” He was sitting on his couch at the front of the bus. He was watching a movie. But Nissa saw that there was no interest in the movie whatsoever. The bus was in motion. They hit a big bump and she fell in his lap. “Ha that’s exactly what I intended to do.” She laughed. “Now tell me what’s wrong?”
“Well we’ve been on tour for most of this year. Usually, I’m by myself, but this time you were here. I got used to having you here. Now when we go back home, you go back to Maine and I go back to Malibu…”
“Baby boy, we will manage. We have been that whole time you were prepping for the tour.”
“I know, I guess we will be ok.” The closer the last day of the tour got closer the angrier Nick was getting. He began to pick unnecessary fights with anyone who came in his path. Including Nissa! They had arrived at Malibu. They were cleaning out the bus.
“Nissa, your fucking shoes are in the way again.”
“I’m sorry, Nick.”
“I’ve told you so many damn times not to do that.”
“I’m sorry. It’s a good thing this tour is over, you won’t have to deal with me and my fucking shoes again huh!?” Deep down inside he wasn’t mad at her for that. He was taking his anger towards himself on her. He was frustrated because there was so much he wanted to tell her, but he was such a coward to tell her. So as usual he began to push her away. That was his defense mechanism. He looked at her as she was packing her things up and he could see a tear running down her cheek. He felt so bad, but he was so hard headed to do anything about it. They get everything done. Jake had Nick’s car waiting for him. All three of them got in. They rode in silence. Nick kept looking at Nissa in the rearview mirror. She was in the back seat, in deep thought. They headed straight to the airport. Her flight left in less than 2 hours. Once they arrived, Nick and Nissa got out. He grabbed her suitcase out of the trunk. He set it down. He immediately wrapped his arms around her.
“Gummy Bear, I’m gonna miss you so much.”
“You could’ve fooled me.” Nissa coldly replied.
“Nissa, I’m sorry. I just don’t know what’s wrong with me.”
“It’s no excuse for you to treat me like that.”
“I know.”
“Look I better go. I’ll call you when I get up there.”
“Ok baby.” He kissed her.
“I love you.” She said as she was walking away.
“I love you too baby girl.” He said after she walked through the doors. He got in the car. “God Damn it!” He punched the steering wheel. Jake looked at him in shock. He had never seen Nick act like that. “I fucked up really bad.”
“Ok she’ll probably get over it.”
“Jake it’s not that. I’ve been this way so long and then this girl comes along and makes me feel different. So because I’m so use to being the way I was, I can’t express to her my true feelings. Because of it, mistreated her and now she went back home. Mad at me!”
“Dude, calm down. If it’s meant to be everything will work itself out.”
“You’re probably right.” Although Jake was right for the first time in his life. Nick still felt panic running through him. For the first time in his life he had a positive motivation. He dropped Jake at his place. Nick headed out to the Sports Bar and Grill near his place. He grabbed some lunch.
“What’s on your mind, Nick?” Asked the bartender.
“Nothing, just girl trouble.”
“She must be really special.”
“How do you know?”
“Because in the time I’ve known you, I’ve never seen you like this.”
“You’re right. She is very special. We’ve known each other for almost 7 years. We just got serious about a year ago. And I still haven’t been able to tell her how I feel.”
“You better before it’s too late.”
“I know. I just have to grow some balls.”
Nissa arrived in Maine. She was sad at how they said goodbye. But she knew life went on. She called Nick.
“Hello?” He answered.
“Hey, I’m just calling to let you know that I arrived safely. I’m already home.”
“Ok baby girl. I miss you already.”
“I miss you too.”
“Baby are you still mad at me?”
“No, I’m just really disappointed with you. I don’t know what caused you to act like a dick, but it was not cool.”
“I know baby, and I’m sorry.”
“It’s OK. Just know that I truly love you and if you will take me, I’m here for the long haul.”
“OK good.” They hung up and Nissa made her way home. As she was getting out of the cab she was bombarded by paparazzi once more.
“Nissa, is it true that you married Nick in a secret ceremony?”
“What are you people talking about?”
“Was it because you are pregnant?”
“Where are you getting all this? No I didn’t marry Nick and NO I’m not pregnant.”
“Are you at least engaged to him?”
“No!”
“Nissa, why all the secrecy? Don’t you think that the fans need to know?”
“There’s nothing going on. Nick and I are dating. Nothing more.” She finally got in the house. Felt an empty house. She was so use to arriving somewhere and there was Nick or anyone else. She felt alone. She wanted to call him but she was being hard headed. She decided she was gonna take a nap and then unpack her stuff.
Nick made it home with Nacho. To an empty house as well. He was used to being received by Nissa. He began to miss her like crazy. He then got a phone call from AJ.
“Hey man, what’s up?”
“Not much, just got home from dropping Nissa at the airport.”
“What are you up to?”
“Not much.”
“You have any plans for tonight?”
“Not really.”
“Good then we can go grab a bite and chill. Rochelle is still at her sister’s with Ava.”
“Yeah that sounds like a plan. I’ll meet you at Kanpai.”
“OK see you then.” Nick looked at Nacho and noticed that he seemed sad.
“What’s the matter boy?” Nacho moaned and laid his head on a plush burger that Nissa had bought him. “I know. I miss her too. And the longer we are apart, I don’t know…” Nacho perked up. To his understanding, Nick was finally gonna admit what he wanted. Nick walked away. Nacho whimpered in disappointment. Nick came back to Nacho, with his phone. He snapped a picture of him with the burger and put it on Instagram. Captioning it ‘He misses Nissa.’ Several hours later he got ready and headed out to meet up with AJ. He got there at the same time as AJ.
“Hey man.”
“What’s up?”
“Not much. I love this place.” AJ said as they were seated.
“Yeah they have pretty good Sushi.”
“So what do you think they have in store for us after the Reunion Tour?”
“HA! Another Reunion tour in 10 years.” They laughed. “So when are Ro and Ava coming back?”
“They should be back tomorrow morning.”
“That’s good.” Nick was trying to not talk about Nissa at the moment, so he kept his answers short and sweet.
“When is Nissa coming to Cali?”
“I don’t know man. She’s mad at me right now.”
“How come?”
“I’m just frustrated because, I’m feeling things that I never thought I would feel. And I’m a pussy. I can’t find the words or moment to tell her exactly how I feel.”
“Sometimes you need to just tell her. Don’t think about it. Just spit it out, no matter how it comes out. Has she told you that she loves you?”
“Yes she has and I stayed quiet. I feel that I love her, but I’m too scared to tell her.”
“Then show her how you feel.”
“I showed her how I felt and I mistreated her. I feel like a monster. I was sad that the tour was over and she had to go home and I had to go home, so instead of dealing with it, that last week of the tour I was angry. I mistreated several people including her. I told her I was sorry but she’s still upset at me.”
“Give her some room. She’ll come around.”
“I hope so, because I would hate to lose her.” They ate and chatted it up. But the whole time he was there, Nick’s heart was in Maine. He wanted to call her but he refrained from doing it. He went on for the next weeks. They would talk on the phone. She was warming up to him again. She was having Nick withdrawals. Just as he was having Nissa withdrawals. There were rumors going around that they had broken up. Neither one addressed the issue. She decided to write a book about her mother. About being her daughter and the events after her death. And just as she was getting into writing the storyboard, her phone rang.
“Hello”
“Hello, may I please speak to Nissa Sohma?”
“You are speaking with her.”
“Hi, my name is Carlos. I’m Jazmine Sohma’s publicist.”
“Carlos hey, How are you? How have you been?It’s been a very long time”
“You remember me?”
“Yes. I might have been really young but I remember you.”
“I’m glad you do. Anyway to the task at hand.”
“What’s up”
“Well I was contacted by The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. They are inducting your mother into the Walk of Fame. Now they wanted to know if you would go to accept it.”
“Of course I would. It’s a very important moment in her career.”
“Oh that’s great. So I can call them back immediately. I’ll keep you posted on the event.”
“Good. By the way, I’m glad that you called because I’m planning to write a book and I’m new to all this. So I need help.”
“Yeah I can help you with that. First we need to call your mother’s publisher because they knew you’d someday write a book and they showed interest in you.”
“Wow that’s cool. I can give them a call. Do you have the number of the person I need to contact?”
“Yes I do.” Carlos gave her the number and Nissa called up her mother’s publisher.
“Hi, I need to speak to Wayne Irving.”
“He is in a meeting right now. May I take a message?”
“Yes can you tell him that Nissa Sohma, Jazmine Sohma’s daughter called?”
“Of course. Is there a number he can reach you?” Nissa gave the receptionist her number. As soon as she hung up with them, Carlos called her back.
“Hey Nissa, the event is gonna take place in one week. So you need to prepare a speech and get yourself to Hollywood.”
“OK then. Are you going to be there?”
“Yes I am. But first I have to promote the event for the fans. Also I must tell you that this will create more media attention for you so you need to prepare yourself to be stalked, followed, photographed, etc.”
“Alright. I’ll be fine.”
“If you have any questions, doubts, or anything don’t hesitate to call me.” He gave her his cell number. “That’s my cell number. See you then.”
“Thank you… Bye.” She immediately called Nick.
“Hey baby girl. What’s up?”
“Not much. Just got the most awesomest news in the whole world.” Nick giggled. He knew it was excellent news if she was saying ‘awesomest’.
“Oh yeah? And what are the most ‘awesomest’ news in the world?”
“Mom is getting a star on the Walk of Fame. And they want me to go accept it for her.”
“Oh that’s great news. I’m so happy for both of you. When is it happening?”
“At the end of this week.”
“So does that mean that you are coming to visit me too?”
“Wouldn’t miss it for the world. I miss you so much.”
“Oh really?”
“Yes.”
“I miss you a lot. Can’t wait to have you here.”
“The ceremony is not till next Monday so I won’t be flying in till Saturday. I have to write a speech and if I go now, I will be really distracted.”
“Oh yeah? What is the reason?”
“I’ve never been to California. And all the places that I want to visit are too many?”
“So a handsome tall blonde Backstreet Boy is not the reason for your lack of concentration!!!? Nissa, that hurts!” He could hear Nissa giggling.
“He doesn’t help that’s for sure.”
“Ok I’ll accept that reply.”
“You better” She giggled some more. “I honestly can’t wait to see you.”
“Me either baby girl.” They hung up. That whole week Nissa was struggling to find the words that she needed for the speech. No matter what she did or where she’d go, she couldn’t find inspiration. Realizing that the day was getting closer she decided head back to Springfield. Hoping she’d find the inspiration she was seeking. She got to Springfield. She then headed to her parents gravesite. She wanted to leave flowers. It had been almost year since she was there. She put the flowers down and sat between them.
“Hey mom and dad. A lot has happened since I last saw you. Eric went off to run the company he works for overseas. Norma moved to Dallas with Patsy. Backstreet Boys made a reunion album and went on a tour for it. I went along with Nick and I had the best time in the world. We got to know each other a little more. We are still getting to know each other. And working the long distance relationship. At the end of the week I get to fly out there. It’s all because mom, you are finally getting a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. So they have asked me to accept it for you. I also have to give a speech. But I don’t have any inspiration for the perfect words. That’s why a couple of days shy of the ceremony; I came down looking for inspiration. I will make you proud. I promise you that.” She sat there for several hours. She typed away at her laptop. She was so inspired that she lost track of time. The sun was hitting her in the face when she realized that it was almost sundown. She checked her phone to see what time it was and saw that she had several text messages from Nick. She called him up.
“Hey baby,”
“Hey Gummy Bear, I was getting worried about you. It’s not like you not answer for that long.”
“I’m sorry, I’m in springfield. I’m sitting here with mom and dad. And I lost track of time.”
“Are you alright?”
“I’m fine. I just didn’t have inspiration to write the speech so I came to see them. I’m actually almost done.”
“Really?”
“Yeah”
“That’s really good.”
“So it looks like I’ll be flying in tomorrow morning.”
“Great, I can’t wait to have you in my arms!” Nissa giggled. She couldn’t wait to be near him either. She got in her car and headed back to Maine. She would have been getting there around midnight.
“Alright baby I’m gonna let you go. I’m headed back to Maine.”
“This late? Nissa, please get some rest. You can drive back tomorrow.”
“I’m fine. I’ve drank 3 RedBulls. I’ll be wired enough.”
“Nissa, I’m begging you. Don’t drive please. Rent a hotel room and get some sleep. You can fly in tomorrow night. You have time.”
“I know baby. I’ll be fine.” Hesitantly he hung up with her. Nissa headed to Maine. 2 Hours later she noticed that she was kind of drowsy. The 3 RedBulls she had downed were not affecting her anymore. She blasted some music and it seemed to be helping. All of the sudden she fell completely asleep. The car swerved to the left and it fell into a ditch, crashing sideways into a tree. Nissa hit her head with the window breaking it. The seatbelt had stopped her from going out the windshield. She was unconscious. Several drivers that were driving behind her had stopped to help. The car was smoking heavily, they knew if they didn’t get her out she was gonna be lost in a fire. They called 911 to report the accident. The state patrol and firefighters responded immediately. They fought against time to get her out but she was in a unreachable position. Until one of the fire fighters decided to get in through the passenger side and cut her seatbelt. With the help of the others they were able to pull her out. She was still not responding. By the time she was pulled out the ambulance had arrived. She was immediately transported to the nearest hospital. All that time Nick was sitting in his living room with the worst feeling he could ever have. He called her several times because he knew she should have been home. She wouldn’t answer. All he could do is wait for her call. And just when he was about to call the Friendship police department, his phone rang…
Tragically Determined by Sheila Valerie
“Nissa?” He answered.
“Hi, is this Nick Carter?”
“Yes this is him?”
“I am Nancy Cromwell. I am a nurse at Portsmouth Regional Hospital in New Hampshire…” Nick felt a knot in his stomach. “We have a Nissa Sohma here and you were the last person she had contact with. I figured I’d call you.”
“I’m her boyfriend. Is she alright?”
“Mr. Carter, she is unconscious. She hit her head really hard on her driver side window. Thankfully she was wearing her seatbelt so she didn’t fly out. She’s being examined right now to make sure that she didn’t break any bones.”
“I’m on the next flight out there.”
“Alright, Mr. Carter I will keep you updated on her condition.” Nick hung up with the nurse and immediately called Jake.
“Hey dude, I need you to dog sit.”
“Why, what’s wrong?”
“Nissa had a wreck while she was driving back to Maine. She’s in the hospital right now and I gotta go.”
“OK man. Hope everything turns out alright.”
“Thanks.” He left for the airport in a cab. Once he got there, there were no flights out to anywhere. He stopped to think how he could get to New Hampshire as fast as he could. “Alright Carter, pull yourself together. I could drive as far as I can, then I can catch a flight. No stupid, that’s just gonna take longer. God send me a sign…” And just as he was about to get back in his car and head East, he looked out the window and saw what seemed to be a private jet. He looked up “Thank you god for the sign.” He headed to the counter. “Excuse me Miss, I know that there are no flights leaving anytime soon, but I saw a private jet just landed. Is there any way you can find out if I can charter it? And how much it would be?”
“Yes let me make a phone call.” Nick was waiting impatiently. After 10 minutes of the agent typing on the computer, she finally hung up with the other agent she was speaking to. “Alright Sir, that plane is up for chartering. I need to get some information from you.”
“Oh thank god.” He pulled his wallet as the agent was asking him several questions.
“Can I get your name?”
“Nick Carter
“What is your destination?”
“PSM”
“Is there a return date?”
“No, it’s a one way.”
“How many people are flying?”
“Just one.”
“Are you checking in luggage?”
“No I’m not.”
“Any pets?”
“No.”
“Any special requests?”
“Yes that they get me there as fast as they can!” She could sense his urgency in that statement.
“Ok sir. The total price with 6 hours of renting fee and the price of a one way seat ticket is $82,641.”
“6 Hours!!!? Is there anything faster than that?”
“No sir.”
“I guess it’s better than nothing. I’m going to have to use several different cards to cover the amount. Start with these five, and I will write down the other 5. Can you please distribute the amount evenly?”
“Yes. It’s 10 cards in total?”
“Yes.”
“Each card will be charged with a total of $8,264.10.”
“That’s fine. What is the flight time?”
“They are refueling and preparing the plane. You will be on your way as soon as you are escorted to the tarmac.” They finished up the payment process and then he was escorted to the plane. There he met with the pilots and the flight attendant.
“Hello, Mr. Carter welcome aboard. My name is Jason Cameron. I am your pilot.” Nick shook his hand.
“And I am, Eugene Miller the Copilot.”
“I am Katerina, your flight attendant.”
“Nice to meet you all. I’m sorry if I seem out of sorts but this is an emergency flight. My girlfriend is in a hospital in Portsmouth. And I need to get there as fast as I can.”
“Of course Mr. Carter. I checked the weather patterns and everything is clear so we can go at full speed. We can get ready for our departure now. Nick took a seat and put on his seatbelt. Anxiety was getting the best of him. But he knew that if he didn’t calm down he’d go into panic mode. Then he realized that no woman has made him feel that way. He wouldn’t have shell out almost $100,000 for anyone. And that he would’ve been in bed, after a long night of boozy partying and fucking random girls. Then his mind wondered to the thought of him losing Nissa. He had just found her, and it would just tear him apart if something happened to her. He was so deep in thought, he didn’t realize that the pilots had crosschecked, gotten clearance to take off and that they had already been in the air for 5 minutes. Katerina, interrupted his thoughts.
“Mr. Carter, would you like anything to drink or eat?”
“No. Thank you, Katerina. Not at this moment. This will be probably your easiest flight.”
“Why do you say that?”
“You won’t have to wait on me too much.”
“I don’t mind it at all. I am here at your service.”
“Thank you.” Nick tried to sleep a little. Since he couldn’t do anything else. But he couldn’t stop thinking about Nissa. “Hang in there baby girl. I’m on my way.”


--Insert Space--

The doctors finished examining her. They had discovered that she had broken three ribs where the seatbelt pulled her back really hard. She had hit her head so hard that she fell into a coma.
“Hello sweetheart.” Nissa turned around to see Jeff.
“Daddy? Where am I?”
“This is what people call limbo or the in-between.”
“Do you mean that I am DEAD!!!?”
“No sweetheart. You are in a coma.” Nissa started crying.
“I don’t know what happened. I was fine and then all of the sudden I lost control of the car.”
“I know sweetheart. It’s ok.” She hugged him.
“I miss you so much.”
“I know honey. But I’ve been there with you.”
“Where’s mom? Can I see her?” Jazmine pops out of nowhere.
“Here I am darling.” Nissa ran into her arms.
“Oh Mom. I don’t want to go back.”
“You have to. It’s not your time yet.”
“Why am I here then?”
“Baby girl, we don’t know. There could be many reasons, that are unknown to us.”
“So are you guys stuck here?”
“No darling, we have gone to heaven. We just came here to see you.” Jeff told her.
“You need to go back. Nick is on his way.” Jazmine informed her.”
“Oh yeah dad, I would like for you to tell me why you gave him mom’s rings?” Jeff looked at Jazmine and grinned.
“I took that secret to the grave.” Jeff kissed her forehead and smiled at her, “I gave them to him so he can pawn them and buy himself a bigger beach house.” Nissa’s jaw dropped. All of the sudden she heard Nick’s voice in the distance. “He’s here. Go back to him. You may not think so but he needs you.”
“That’s really hard to believe.”
“It’s true.” Jazmine reassured her. “Go baby girl. We will be with you always.” Nissa hugged both her parents. She went back but didn’t go back to her body. She stood by Nick as he was talking to the doctor.
“She suffered severe head trauma to put her in a coma. Her vitals are steady so we know she’s there. We are just waiting till she comes to. She also suffered several broken ribs from the seatbelt pulling her back so hard.”
“So her recovery plan depends on how she wakes up?”
“Yes, Mr. Carter. Now we play the waiting game.”
“Thank you, doctor.” They shook hands. Nick pulled up a chair and sat next to her. He grabbed her hand and sat there in silence for a couple of minutes. Nissa stood on the other side of the hospital bed and watched him.
“Baby girl, I wish you had listened to me. I’m just glad that you are alive. I don’t know what would happen with me if I lost you. You’ve been a big part in my life for almost 7 years. It would be so weird without you. And I know that you are special because I would not shell out almost $100,000 to be here as fast as I could. And normally, a night like this I would’ve been in bed with a strange woman after a crazy night of partying and booze. You have changed me somehow and it feels amazing. I have inspiration for the first time in a long time. And the time you spent with me when we were on tour wasn’t what I expected in a good way. Please come back to me.” She fell her body pull her spirit in. Once in her body she had to adjust to it. When she finally did, she felt pain. She moaned in pain. Nick looked up and the first thing he saw was big blue eyes. “Nissa, thank GOD!!!” He kissed her.
“What, did you think you’d get rid of me that easily?” She struggled to say.
“I would never want that.”
“Good.”
“Shhhh, don’t talk. We have plenty of time to catch up. I’m just glad you are back.” Nick went and got the doctor. He examined her and determined her recovery plan.
“Ok Miss Sohma, you are going to be fine. I need to do some test to make sure that being in that coma, you didn’t do any brain damage. Although we did do a CT Scan while you were in it and everything seem to be working fine. I just want to make sure. I will send in the order and when the crew comes in in the morning you will get that done. In the meantime, I need you to get some rest. If you need anything at all, Loretta, your nurse will get it for you.”
“Thank you, doctor.” Nissa said out of breath. She then looked at Nick. “I died.”
“What do you mean?”
“While I was in the coma, I died. I saw mom and dad.”
“Want to talk about it?”
“No. Not yet.”
“OK baby get some rest. I will be right here.” He kissed her forehead. Nissa was so drugged up with pain killers that she fell asleep immediately. “I love you baby girl.” Nick whispered.
Nissa was woken up by a technician removing her monitor wires. She looked over to the chair Nick was sitting in, and saw that he wasn’t there. She immediately thought that him being there was all a dream. That she made him up. She saw herself thinking the worst case scenerios, when the tech and the nurse began speaking to her about the tests she was going to have done. Once she acknowledged what they were telling her, she asked the nurse.
“By any chance, did you see a man sitting here.”
“No Ma’am, I just started my shift.”
“Ok so maybe he was here.” Nissa said to herself. For the following hour and a half, they ran every test that they could think of. When they took her back to her room, there he was. His long blonde locks a mess, and flashing his 10 Million watt smile at her. She sighed. Once she sat on her bed, the nurse went back to the desk.
“What’s wrong Gummy Bear?” She got out of her bed and slowly stood up. Nick walked to her. She hugged him. Then whispered.
“I thought I had dreamt you up.” She smelled him as her hug tighter. He hugged her just as tight.
“No baby girl. I’ve been here since before you woke up.”
“I’m so glad you are.” He helped her get back in her bed. Then he turned on the TV. “Put it on E!, I need my celebrity fix.” Although her face was swollen from hitting the window so hard, Nick saw a smirk that accompanied the sarcastic remark. As he was setting up the channel she got on her Facebook. She had over 300 notifications. She checked what that was all about. She checked her wall. It was covered with ‘RIP Nissa’ messages. The first one starting at around the same time the EMT contacted the hospital for arrival clearance. “Uh oh. I have been killed.”
“What do you mean?”
“I’m scrolling down my wall and so many people have written on my wall. ------ This is where I left off-----This guy even had the balls to write ‘RIP Nissa. You were so hot, I bet you were good in bed too.’ Like really?”
“I’ll say!” Nick said. She shot him a ‘Go to Hell’ look.
“These people really think that I’m dead” She logged on to her Twitter. There she found both her fans and Nick’s fans freaking out. Worried about how he was taking it. Just as she was going to tweet, her doctor came in.
“Miss Sohma, let’s talk about your recovery plan. It looks like the broken rib has punctured your lung. Due to the collapsed lung we have to keep you here and treat you with oxygen and antibiotics.” Nissa was getting really upset.
“Dr. Verano, I can’t stay, I have to give a speech in Los Angeles and accept my mother’s recognition.”
“I understand, Miss Sohma. But if you want to recover fast, you need to stay here” Nick noticed that she was getting very upset.
“Nissa, the doctor is right. You should stay here. Anything could go wrong. In my experience, the fans will understand if you can’t make it.” She was angry because she would probably have to miss it, but she knew they were right. She didn’t say anything more. The doctor walked out of the room. Nick tried talking to her but she didn’t want to hear any of it. Nick sat there in silence. Nissa updated her facebook.
‘I want to settle this rumor that I died last night in a car accident. It’s true that I had a car accident. I was in a coma, but thanks to God, I am still here. As we speak they are checking my brain activity to make sure I didn’t do damage to it. But I do have a couple of broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Can’t forget my swollen face. But in general I’m doing well. I will keep you all posted’
Her notifications blew up in less than 5 minutes. Nick’s did too. Every fan was relieved that although Nissa was in the hospital, she was alive. She continued the treatment, but her vitals were unstable because she was really antsy. The day was getting closer and she couldn’t deal with the fact that she might have to miss that special day. She waited a couple more hours. When the doctors switched shifts, she got out of bed and got dressed. She was caught by the Nurse.
“Miss Sohma, may I ask what are you up to?”
“I’m signing myself out. My mother deserves that I make it there. I don’t think any of you understand that.”
“Well, we will need to speak to the doctor in charge.”
“That’s fine but I have to get out of here today.” The nurse left the room to go talk to the doctor. Her cell rang. “Hello?”
“Nissa? Oh thank God.” Eric said with relief.
“Hey big brother, how are you?”
“I’m doing good. Working. I just got back from Dallas.”
“Oh really? How’s Norma and Patsy?”
“They are good. They are really worried about you.”
“I have to call them as soon as I can. I’m trying to get out of here in time for the ceremony.”
“What ceremony?”
“My mom is getting inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame tomorrow. I need to get out of here today to make it on time.”
“You need to focus on getting better.”
“I know but I have to be there.” Dr. Verano walked in. “Look I have to go. I’ll keep you posted.”
“OK sis. I love you.”
“I love you too.”
“Well, Miss Sohma. Since you want to leave so bad, I’ve decided to let you go. Promise me that at the first sign of distress you will go see a doctor. Be it the emergency room or your primary doctor.”
“Alright Doctor, I will.”
“I’ll get the nurse to prepare your discharge paperwork.”
“Thank you!” Nissa waited to be released. Nick had gone out to make some phone calls. And he came back to see Nissa just about ready to catch a flight.
“What’s going on?” He asked, kissing her swollen lips gently.
“I’m being discharged.”
“Really? I’m pretty sure you threatened the Doctor to do so.”
“No. I didn’t. I guess he realized that this is a once in a lifetime chance. And I know it’s not for me, it’s for my mother. I think she deserves my effort to be there to receive this award for her. I mean everyone that you loved dearly was there when Backstreet Boys got theirs. So you know what that means.”
“Yes baby. I know what it means. And I will do everything in my power to get you there. But you also need to understand that anything could go wrong with any of these injuries.”
“OK.” It took several hours for the doctor and nurse to put all the necessary paper work together and discharge her. The moment she was let go, they got into Nick’s rented car and headed to the airport.
“Are you sure you don’t want to go home and get some things?”
“No. Whatever I need I can get in Los Angeles.” Nick was so hesitant about flying. He was extremely concerned about her lungs. She was having a hard time breathing. And he knew that the higher the altitude, the harder her breathing would get. Once they got on the plane, she fell asleep. Normally he would be out cold but this time, he stayed up to keep an eye on her breathing. He was right, the longer they stayed in the air, the harder it got for her to breathe. She woke up when they began descending for landing.
“What’s wrong?” He asked her.
“My lungs feel really heavy.”
“1-10, how are you feeling?”
“7”
“We are about to land. We’ll take it from there.”
“How long?”
“About 15 to 20 minutes.”
“I think I can manage.” For the next 15 minutes, all Nick could do was watch her struggle to breathe while she looked out the window with hope in her eyes. Then he began to think about what this girl has done to him to make him put his life on hold and be there for her. What had he done to deserve someone like her. He snapped out of it as soon as the plane touched down.
“Ok we are gonna wait till everyone gets off.”
“Ok baby. I will wait.” She told him as she leaned in for a kiss. She winced when his lips touched hers. They got off the plane after the last passenger was off. A gate agent was waiting for them at the plane door with a wheelchair. He wheeled her out of the airport and hailed a cab. Once he got her situated in the back seat, he hopped in next to her. Resting his hand on her knee. Every so often squeezing it. Every time he did, Nissa knew that he was telling her everything was going to be alright. She looked at him as he looked out to the horizon. The closer they got to his house the bigger the beach got. She couldn’t help but notice the breathtaking view of Nick and the beautiful sunset behind him. They arrived to Nick’s house. He was concerned about getting her to rest. She knew she had to rest but she couldn’t resist exploring his house. It was exactly how she imagined it would be. Big windows, clean and simple. There were double doors that led you from the living room to a balcony, overlooking the beach. I t was breathtaking.
“Baby girl, you need to sit and rest at least.”
“Fine, I’ll sit. But only if I can sit out on the balcony.” Nick wasn’t going to argue with her. It wasn’t cold that night. There was a light breeze. He helped her sit down in a lawnchair. He sat next to her, throwing his arm around her. “You know, I have to go get an outfit for tomorrow.” She informed him as she laid her head on him.
“The ceremony is not till 1pm. We could drive down Rodeo Drive in the morning.”
“No. Walmart will do. I don’t want anything fancy.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes I’m sure.”
“OK baby. Would you like something to eat?”
“Yes please. I’m due medicine.”
“I don’t have anything in the house. Would you like some Chinese?”
“That sounds good.” Nick ordered the food and then sat with her.
“Is your speech ready?”
“No. My laptop was totaled in the accident. But I can wing the speech. I’m just heartbroken about all my pictures. The ones you took with me when we first met. The last ones of dad and me. All of them.” Nick saw a tear roll down her cheek.
“I’ll get them back for you. I promise.” He wiped the tear from her cheek. Dinner was delivered quick. They enjoyed a candlelit dinner out on the balcony. He then helped her take a bath and lay down in his bed. She fell asleep. He took that time to shower. Then sat down to relax a little. Jake was in the neighborhood and dropped by.
“Hey dude. I saw your light on.” They did their handshake. “How’s Nissa?”
“She’s struggling but she’s ok. I wish she would have stayed at the hospital. But her mother is getting a star on the Walk of Fame. So she wanted to be here.”
“Where is she now?”
“Sleeping. She’s on heavy pain killers. She’s got broken ribs, collapsed lung, , and a swollen face. Just to name a few.”
“At least she’s resting.”
“Yeah. I don’t know how she’s going to get through tomorrow, but she is really determined.”
“That is a good quality in a woman.”
“Hey, by any chance do you know anyone who could retrieve files from a broken laptop?”
“There’s this guy on Sunset Boulevard that does all that. His name is Steve.”
“Thanks man. What are you doing tomorrow?”
“Not much. Taking care of some work business.”
“That’s cool.”
“So tell me, what’s going on with you and Nissa besides the obvious?”
“She loves me.”
“And…?”
“I love her too.” Nick had that look that told Jake there was more to that.”
“Uh huh?”
“I just don’t know how to tell her that.”
“Why not?”
“You know how I am. Last time I felt like this was with Mandy and look how that turned out.”
“Nick, even I know that Nissa would never hurt you. I saw it when I first met her. It was written in her face. Her admiration and appreciation in her eyes.” Nick couldn’t believe that a guy like Jake would even noticed all that. Jake noticed the confused look Nick gave him. “Yes I know how to get deep like that.” Nick grinned. “To be honest, the only way this relationship would go down the drain is if you screw up.”
“That’s what I’m afraid of.”
“I know that there’s too many temptations in your industry, but you need to fight it.”
“I know.” They talked for a couple of more hours. They even played wow. Nick kept playing even after Jake left. Once he started feeling tired, he logged off. The next morning gets awaken by his phone.
“Nick listen, I’ve been trying to get ahold of you.” Travis told him.
“What’s up?”
“I need you to meet me at my office for a possible job opportunity.”
“That’s great! When?”
“Today at 12:30”
“I can’t today. I have a prior commitment.”
“That’s fine. We can meet tomorrow at the same time. How’s Nissa?”
“She’s doing alright.”
“That’s good. Well I will let you go. Tomorrow at 12:30 in my office.”
“Affirmative” Nick proceeded to get out of bed. He got dressed. He tried getting Nissa up.
“Give me half an hour, daddy.” Nick chuckled.
“I can’t we have to go get your outfit.” Nissa went back to snoring. Nick gently kissed her. She grinned.
“MMMMmmmmm baby I’m too tired. I want to sleep.”
“I know you do but we have to drive to L.A, go shopping,then drive back, get ready. Then go back to L.A. We have to factor in traffic, etc.”
“Sshhh you talk too much. You probably have something in your closet I can put an outfit together with.” Nick saw the determination for sleep she had. He let her sleep. At 11:00 he woke her up. Still half asleep, she sat up on the bed. Her hair a mess. “Can you please get me the smallest pieces you have?”
“You weren’t kidding?”
“No I wasn’t.”
“Ok.” Nick got her something to eat. He brought it up to her. While she ate, Nick went through his closet and took out everything in the smaller sizes. Most of what Nick owned would wrap around Nissa at least once. He didn’t have much that would fit Nissa. He took out this black and red tuxedo that he wore to a wedding. He was the best man and it had to be opposite to what the groom wore. A red with black accent tuxedo.
“Hey can I see that?” Nick handed it to her. “I love this. Can I wear it?”
“Of course you can.”
“Do you have a red shirt that I can wear instead of the black one?”
“Let me check my shirt drawer.” He looked through his shirt drawer while Nissa put on the pants and made some adjustments. “Ah here we go. This one will go great with it.” He handed her a folded up red dress shirt. “I’ll let you get dressed.” Nissa proceeded to get dressed. Nick went back downstairs to clean up the mess he made while making her breakfast. She finished getting ready. She then realized that she didn’t have shoes. She decided to wear the sneakers that she had been wearing the whole time. She rummaged through what was left of her purse for any makeup. Luckily she had the basics. She found some concealer, face powder, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss. She had put that in her purse when she started dating Nick. She figured that since his life was unpredictable, she should be prepared in case of an impromptu situation. Nick came back upstairs to find her fighting with her concealer and crying out of frustration. “Baby what’s the matter?”
“I can’t get this concealer to cover up my bruises, and I don’t have shoe that match the outfit. Everything is going so wrong.”
“Gummy Bear, you don’t need any make up. You look fine.”
“Nick, you don’t get it do you? I’m going to be photographed from every angle. I want to look decent. Not perfect but decent.” Nick was getting dressed as they were having that conversation.
“I get it. But remember, everyone knows about the accident. They are not judging you. How is your side?”
“It’s a little sore.”
“And your breathing? Do you need to do a breathing treatment?”
“I might have to.”
“Ok as soon as comb my hair, I’ll set it up for you. As for the shoes, we can stop at a shoe store on the way there. That’s not a problem.” Nick stood in front of the mirror. She stood behind him. She hugged him and rested her head on his back.
“You look so handsome.” He looked at her through the mirror.
“Thank you baby. You look beautiful. And I do have to say that you rock that suit.”
“Ha. What would possess you to own this anyway?”
“I was the best man at an ex girlfriend’s brother’s wedding. I just never got around selling it or something.”
“Honestly, I’m glad you didn’t. It saved me a trip to the store.” They finished up and headed out. They got to L.A. and searched for a shoe store. She went in as soon as they found one. She found the perfect black flats. She made her way to the checkout counter. “Hello, I would like to put this on my credit card.”
“All right can I see the credit card and your driver’s license?”
“I don’t have any of those. I figured I could give you my card number.”
“I’m sorry Miss but I can’t do that. I need a physical credit card.”
“But I need these shoes. I have to purchase these.”
“I’m sorry but I can’t do that.”
“This is Los Angeles. Paris Hilton walks in and tells you her credit card number and you just punch it in. What’s so different about me?”
“You are not famous that’s what’s different.” Nick was wondering what’s taking her so long. He decided to find a parking spot and went in the store.
“What’s going on baby?”
“She won’t let me give her my credit card number so I can purchase the shoes.”
“It’s Ok baby. Just go back in the car I will take care of this.” Nissa does as he asked. He then turns to the associate. “Now may I ask why you couldn’t take her credit card number?”
“Sir, I need to have a physical credit card so that I can make sure it is her in charge of it.”
“But yet you can do it for everyone else?”
“I um…I…I…” The associate stuttered. Nick handed her his credit card.
“If it wasn’t because we are in dire need of these shoes, I wouldn’t even bother. But just so you know that was extremely bad behavior from you part. And you won’t be seeing me here anymore. I will also be complaining to your boss. Because I think this was discriminatory of your part.”Nick walked out of the store and got in the car. He handed the bag to Nissa.” Here you go Gummy Bear.” Nissa leaned over and kissed his cheek,
“Thank you, baby.”
“You are very welcome.” Nick got on the road. As he got closer to their destination, he found it really hard to get in. There was an ocean of fans. Both Jazmine, and Nissa fans. He finally found the place where he was supposed to park his car. They were met by Carlos. He kissed Nissa on both cheeks, greeting her.
“Hey girl. I’m so glad that you could make it. I figured you couldn’t because of the accident.”
“You know I wouldn’t miss this for the world. I wish mom was the one accepting it. I guess I’m just as good.”
“You’ll be ok. Come on. Let’s get you all ready. The ceremony is about to start.” Nissa and Nick followed Carlos. They got situated. They could hear all the screaming fans where they were waiting. Nissa could feel her stomach knot up. And as if he knew, Nick put his hand on her knee and giving it a squeeze. To reassure her that he was there for her. It was time to start. Carlos led them to the podium. Every photographer in the world started snapping pictures of Nissa and Nick. The fans went wild. They shouted for Nissa. Nissa never felt so proud. The president of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce and the Mayor said their speeches. They unveiled the star. Nissa burst in tears as she looked at it. Admiring her mother’s name on the star. Nissa walked over to the podium to give her speech. She looked out at the sea of faces that waited patiently to deliver the most beautiful speech. She looked at Nick. He nodded in approval. She sighed. Then she turned back to the crowd.
‘This is an honor for me to be accepting this for my Mom. My mother was an extraordinary person. She was always grateful to all her fans. So I want to thank each and every one of you for coming out and sharing this special moment with me. Rain or shine, accident or no accident I wouldn’t have missed this moment. Thank you and I love you guys.’
Nissa waved. The crowd cheered for her as the photographers continued to snap away. She spent the next couple of minutes taking pictures and signing autographs with the fans. Nick was keeping an eye on her. Making sure that she wasn’t overdoing it. She glanced over at Nick. She thought he looked really handsome. He looked like he was part of the secret service. She was really turned on. She snapped out 0f that thought when a fan stood next to her to take a picture with her and elbowed her in the ribcage. She doubled in pain.
“Nissa, I’m sorry!” The teenage fan said in horror.
“It’s alright. You didn’t do it on purpose.” Nick came to her rescue.
”Come on. We are done here.” Nick told her, pulling her out of the crowd.
“No Nick, I’m not done here!”
“You’ve been hurt!” She could hear concern in his voice.
“I know that. She didn’t mean to. It was an accident.”
“That’s good enough reason to go.” Nissa was upset. He helped her into his car. Nissa got angrier and angrier by the minute.
“Who the hell do you think you are?”
“Nissa that was an accident but the next time wasn’t gonna be.”
“That girl is gonna feel so bad. She’s gonna think that she did something really bad.”
“She’ll get over it.”
“You are being the biggest douche bag ever. How dare you come between my fans and I? I won’t ever allow that. Just like I respect your relationship with your fans, I want you to respect mine. You’re not my bodyguard either. You are my boyfriend.”
“Babe calm down. You’re not breathing right.”
“Don’t tell me to calm down! I’m extremely angry at you.” She shut up for a little while.
“I was just trying to protect you. I don’t want you to hurt if you’re gonna be stubborn and do exactly what the doctor told you NOT to do.”
“Just shut the fuck up Nick. I’m done with this conversation.” They drove home in silence. Once they got back to the house, Nissa ate her leftovers from dinner. She took her medicine and laid down. Nick sat in his office, still dressed.
“What the hell am I doing? Obviously she doesn’t need me. Why am I stupid to believe that she needs?” His phone rang. “Travis, what’s up?”
“So I see that you’ve become Nissa’s little bitch.”
“What the fuck? No I’m not. I choose to be there. I choose to do all this.” Believe me she is extremely independent.”
“So explain to me why you looked like her bodyguard?”
“I didn’t think that protecting my girlfriend was a bad thing.”
“It’s not that Nick. For the past 2 to 3 years it’s been all about her. Everything you do revolves around her. I think you’re losing focus on yourself.”
“Maybe I want to take a break .”
“That’s really up to you. But remember, everything you do has repurcussions.”
“I know. Are you free right now?”
“Yes I am.”
“Oh good, can you come by my place? I figured we could talk about the job opportunity.”
“Yeah. That’s a good idea. I’ll be right over.” They hung up. Nick checked on Nissa. He stood there watching her sleep peacefully.
“God Nissa, you’re so beautiful. I just wish I knew what I’m doing wrong.”
He was frustrated with himself and with the situation. His doorbell rang. He went downstairs and answered.
“Hey.”
“Hey. So since we are meeting now, you don’t have to go to my office tomorrow.”
“Great, I can’t wait till you tell me.”
“Ha. I was contacted by GQ magazine.” Nick interrupted.
“Um why?”
“They are doing a feature of Christina Ricci…”
“Yes!!?” Nick said really intrigued. Travis was tickled by his curiosity.
“She specifically asked for you!!!”
“What!!!!??” He jumped out of his chair like a little school fan girl.
“She said that you oozed of boy-next-door charm.”
“Really? You know I’m definitely in! Make that phone call.”
“Alright. I will when I get back to my office.” Jake walked in like he owned the place.
“What’s up Carter? And weasel?” Jake really disliked Travis. They had some history that both Travis and Jake agreed not to tell Nick. They thought it would complicated things between the professional and casual sides for Nick.
“Not much. But my teenage dreams are coming true!”
“What do you mean?”
“Christina Ricci asked for me to do a photo shoot with her.”
“No way dude! That’s what’s up.”
“I’m gonna head out. Ill text you to confirm that job.”
“OK, thanks” Travis leaves. Nick and Jake get on their laptops to play WOW. Nissa wakes up. Thinking about Norma and Patsy. She calls Norma.
“Hello?”
“Hey Norma. How are you?”
“I’m good. I was so worried about you.”
“I’m so sorry. I was trying to make it to the ceremony.”
“I saw you on TV. I’m too proud of you. And I know that they are both smiling down at you.”
“Thank you. If I had more time I would’ve flown you guys out here.”
“You didn’t have any time. We understand. How are you besides that?”
“My face is still swollen. If I overdo it, I loose my breath. Other than that I’m ok.”
“That’s good. How are you and Nick doing?”
“We are Ok. I yelled at him earlier. I feel so bad.”
“What’d he do?”
“He took me away from the fans because a fan elbowed me in the ribcage. He said that the next time it wasn’t gonna be an accident.”
“He was probably right. He’s been in these kinds of situations. So he should know. Nissa, I know you think he’s trying to keep you from your fans, but he’s not. He’s the first one to bring you together with your fans. He’s doing what a loving boyfriend would do. Keep in mind that he’s taking care of you because he wants to. Not because he has to.”
“You’re right Norma. I really do feel bad.”
“You need to take care of him. You won’t find someone like that everyday.”
“Thank you Norma. How’s life in Texas?”
“I love it. Patsy gave me a job at the diner. We’ve become closer than ever and the people here are just great.”
“That’s good. I’m glad that you left Friendship. I mean I’m still there but I don’t ever know what state I’ll be in the next week. Pun intended.” Norma chuckled.
“Hang in there. You're stronger than you think."
"Thank you Norma." She gets off the phone and walks downstairs to find the boys buried in their laptop screens. She snuck behind Nick and out her hands over his eyes. He grinned. He grabbed her and kissed the inside of her hand. She kissed his neck. He leaned into the kiss. He turned his head to her and her lips landed on his.
"Alright you two. I'm still here." They chuckled.
"Can I borrow your car?" She asked him as she nibbled on his ear.
"Why? What's up?"
"I want to make a run to the 7-Eleven down the street."
"I could take you if you want."
"I could go. My meds have worn off and it's not that far." Nick thought about it. She needed some time to herself. And she was right about the medicine being worn off already.
"Sure Gummy Bear. The keys are on the table by the door."
"Thank you baby. I'll be back in a couple of minutes. Do you guys need anything?"
"Yes can you bring me a Mountain Dew from the fountain machine?"
"Yes Jake. I can. How about you baby?"
"Bring me the same a Jake please."
"You got it. I will be right back." Nissa kisses Nick. She goes and comes back within 20 minutes.
Nissa stayed with Nick for 2 more months. He took her to the doctors and kept up with all her appointment. Nissa started packing her belongings. Since she felt better she needed to go home and take care of everything. Nick didn't want her to go home. He was so used to coming home to her smiling face. They argued and made up. Nissa got frustrated with herself and took it out on him. He was trying to take care of her that he felt like he wasn't good enough. All he knew was that his heart wants her so close to him. He walked upstairs to his room. He finds Nissa hovering over her suitcase she purchased earlier that day.
"Hey baby. I thought you were at Jake's."
"I couldn't stay away when I know your going home. I could hang out with him anytime.."
"That's too sweet." She said standing on her tippy toes and throwing her arms around his neck. She kissed him. She let go. She saw he was sad. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing baby. Why?" He put his hands on her hips and pulled her close to him.
"I was just wondering." He kissed her lips. He squeezed her butt. She squealed and giggled. She bit his bottom lip he picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He walked her over to the window. He looked at Nissa.
"Baby, I can't get enough of you." He told her in a breathy voice. He intertwined his fingers with hers. While kissing her, he put their hands over her head and pushed them against the window. He continued kissing her. He kissed her lips, then her chin. Making his way to her neck. Nissa moaned. She wanted him so bad. She wiggled her hands out of his and ran her fingers through his hair. Sending chills down his spine. He bit her neck.
"Mmmmm, I knew you had vampire in you!" She pulled his shirt over his head, exposing his chest. She leaned towards him and kissed his shoulder. He put his hands on the small of her back. She thrusted her pelvis closer to his when she felt his hands on her back. She could feel how hard he was and that if she didn't let him out he was gonna burst out of his pants. She could tell that he wanted to pound her by the way his kissing got more playful and rough. She giggled, scratching his back. He knew she wanted him just as bad. With Nissa still wrapped around his waist, he walked over to his night stand to pull out a condom out of his drawer. Nissa hopped off of him. She took her underwear off, while Nick slipped the condom off. Once he had it on, Nissa hopped back on him. He pushed her against the window and thrusted in her. He got into his rhythm. "Oh God!" She moaned. He knew he was pleasing her because he could feel her trying to keep him in place with her knees every time he would go in. He could feel her pushing her pelvis into his. He was grunting. Nissa liked hearing him grunt because it showed that he too was enjoying it. He increased the speed in his thrusting. Nissa was so into it that she didn't notice how loud she was being. And that they were banging on the window, catching the attention of passerbys. Nick noticed a group of surfer guys cheering him on. "We have an audience baby." She said turning to see what he had discovered.
"Good baby." That turned her on even more. She bit his lip again. He kissed her, sticking his tongue in her mouth. She sucked on it and immediately Nick squeezed her thigh.
"Oooooooh baby, I can't! Oh God!!!!!" She was telling him, trying to hold on a little longer. She knew he wasn't far either. Knowing that, through her into a frenzy of physical feelings. "OH YES!!!!!!!! Oh God!!!!!" She shouted. Nick kissed her breast as she held on tight to him. He could still feel her pussy walls contracting, trying to recuperate from her orgasm. The spasms were too intense for him to keep him from blowing. The closer he got to the moment, the closer she held him to her. He felt desired. He blew with the thought that this young girl wanted him and nobody else.
"Mmmmm baby, you make me feel young again. I've never felt like this,"
"I'm glad." She said still trying to catch her breath. She kissed him and got down from him. Nick walked into his bathroom to clean off. She got dressed and returned to her packing. Nick came out the bathroom wearing nothing. "Wow baby." Nick smiled as he got dressed. Nissa walked to him. He zipped his pants up and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm gonna miss you."
"You know I will too. Every time you stay with me, I get used to you. And when you're gone I have to do it all over again. I have to say goodbye for a while."
"I'm sorry baby." She said. She kissed him and went back to her packing. She didn't know what to say to that. She didn't know how to comfort him. "Nick, I..." She realized that he wasn't there. He had gone downstairs.
Several hours had passed. It was time for them to get to the airport. Nick was feeling that tight feeling in his stomach. Nissa knew that Nick wasn't himself at all this time. She didn't know what to say or do to make him feel better. The whole ride to the airport he held her hand. Kissing it several times and glancing at her. He couldn't believe that he could have such an amazing girl. And on top of that a fan who didn't turn out to be crazy. He always tried dating girls that weren't fans, but he hit the jackpot this time. Without him knowing it, they had arrived at the airport. He had done it so many times that he could do it in his sleep. He parked in front of the departures area. They got out and he took her suitcase out. He sat it down.
"Baby do you have to go!?"
"Nicky, you know that I have to. I have responsibilities to take care of at home."
"I know baby girl." Her flight number was called.
"I have to go baby." They kissed. "I love you." She walked away. And as she almost disappeared through the doors she heard...
"I love you too Nissa!" Nissa turned around and ran to him. She jumped on him and kissed him.
"You do?"
"Yes. I've been in love with you for a while. I just didn't know how to tell you."
"Oh baby, I'm so glad to be hearing you tell me that."
"Why?"
"Because for a while there, I thought that I was investing my time and feelings for nothing. But sometimes you would do or say something, giving me a sign that I was wrong."
"There were times that I would do something and you would you yell at me, making me think that I wasn't good enough for you."
"Nicky, you are Nick 'FUCKING' Carter. You could have just about anyone and yet you chose me. You are more than what I ever imagined you would be." The final call for her flight was made.
"I really have to go. I'll call you when I get there." He kissed her.
"Ok baby." She got on. All she could do was think about him telling her that he loved her. She smiled big. She was so deep in thought that she didn't notice they had taken off. As soon as they got to cruising altitude they were told that the flight had Wi-Fi available to them. Nissa signed on to her account. The moment her home page on her iPad browser loaded she saw that someone had taken a picture of Nick and her saying goodbye. Nissa looked at Nick in the picture. She noticed that he looked sad instead of how happy he acted at that moment.
Nick stood there until his flight tracker app showed her flight had taken off. He drove home and took all the time in the world. He was avoiding going home to an empty house. He drove down Pacific Coast Highway with Nissa's playlist playing at full blast. Unmistakable was playing. Little did he know how true those words were. He didn't comprehend the meaning of them when he first sang them. He drove for almost 2 hours. He decided that he wasn't gonna be sad anymore. She would be back in no time. He began to think about his upcoming photo shoot with his childhood celebrity crus, Christina Ricci. He was extremely excited for that. And what made it even better was that Nissa was beyond supportive. He finally made home. He walked into a very silent house. No music blaring from any of the rooms. All he could hear was Nacho's clickety-clacks of his nails on the wood floors. Nick threw his keys on the table by the door and threw himself on the couch. Looking out his balcony door. The waves were getting wild since there was a storm coming in. Nick fell asleep.
"Baby, I'm home." Nick heard Nissa shout from the front door. He got up from the couch and went to greet her.
"Hi baby. I thought you went back to Friendship."
"I couldn't. I want to be here with you."
"Really?"
"Yes baby. This distance is crazy and I just want to be with you."
"Well let's do something about it." He was woken up by thunder. Nissa was nowhere to be seen. He was very disappointed. He sat up and ran his fingers through his chin length, layered golden hair. As he made his way to the kitchen, his phone rang. He answered on the second ring. "Hey baby. How was your flight?"
"It wasn't so bad actually."
"I miss you already. My house is different without you."
"I know babe. I miss you too! I found a huge pile of bills in my mailbox. I'm so far behind it's not even funny."
"How's the house?"
"It's solitary. Good thing I don't have any pets"
"Yeah I agree."
"Well I just called to let you know that I made it ok." She heard thunder in the background. "Is it storming out there?"
"Yeah. It's perfect for getting the fireplace going. Laying on the couch, cuddling and watching a movie."
"That sounds so good right about now."
"You know it's doable."
"We are gonna have to wait until we get together again."
"Yeah" he said sounding disappointed.
"Well baby let me settle in and we can video chat later."
"Ok Gummy Bear, that sounds like a plan." They got off the phone. Nissa went into her room and started up her desktop. Sophie knocked on the door. Nissa looked out her window and saw both Sophie and Joel.
"It's open." She told them from upstairs. They came up. "Hey guys. What are you up to?"
"Nada. Heard you were back in town. How are you feeling?"
"Better actually. What's new with you?"
"Well I have a new and better job."
"Joel, that's great! Where?"
"I wrote a program just for the fun of it and it turns out that NASA found out about it. They could use my program to update the simulators they use to train the astronauts. So they contacted me so that I can oversee everything having to do with my program. So I have to move to Florida."
"I'm so happy for you! That's amazing. I will warn you though, a long distance relationship is extremely hard." Sophie and Joel looked at each other like they didn't know how to tell her the rest.
"Nissa, I'm going with him." Sophie wasn't sure how she'd take the news.
"Oh. OK. I'm really happy for you guys! When are you going?"
"This week."
"Good thing I came home, huh?"
"Yes!" Sophie gave her a hug. Joel joined in too.
"I'm gonna miss you guys."
"Let's go have dinner. My treat." Joel invited them. They both accepted immediately. They headed out to LeFrogs to have what was a bittersweet last dinner. Nissa went back home afterwards and continued what she set out to do before Sophie and Joel came over. Before she knew it, it was 2:30 in the morning. She knew that Nick would still be up so she Facetimed him.
"Hey baby are you alright?"
"Yes why do you ask?"
"I figured you'd call me sooner."
"I went to have dinner with Sophie and Joel. It was our only chance before they got really busy." Nissa's eyes glistened with tears. Nick immediately saw that.
"Baby what's the matter!?" He asked very concerned. Nissa couldn't hold her tears.
"They are moving to Florida. I mean I know that I'm never around, but they are my best friends and I'm really gonna miss them. It's going to be different coming home and they are not around."
"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. If it's any consolation, you can always go see them. I'm pretty sure that being in a new place they would love to see your familiar face."
"I know babe. It's just apparently I'm not doing too well with all these changes. At once."
"You're going to be find. You can always come see me too. Anytime you want. You know that.
"I know."
"I have the photoshoot with Christina in 2 days. Afterwards, I can fly out there and keep you company."
"You don't have to do that baby. You've done so much for me already."
"I know I don't have to, but I want to. I hate seeing you like this. Come on, dry those tears." Nissa did what he asked her. She smiled at him. "God, you are so beautiful." She became bashful. She could feel her cheeks get hot. Nick stared at his screen. He was mesmerized by her. To him she was gorgeous in every sense of the word. Physically and personality wise. Nissa wasn't one of those girls that was gorgeous and treated everyone like shit. She respected and appreciated everyone for who they were. So it was very easy for everyone to love her. She made them feel like they were perfect. Nick loved that about her. Even though they argued all the time, she made him feel perfect about himself. "I wish you were here with me instead. I hate being so far apart from you."
"Baby I do too. I hate not being able to get a hug from you, whenever I feel like it." Nick smiled. She wanted him to comfort her. Usually the girls he dated didn't want to be held by him like that. All they wanted was money or to be seen with a celebrity.
Nick noticed that Nissa was fighting to stay awake a little longer. He chuckled. "Baby go to sleep. You look exhausted."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes darling. Call me when you get up."
"OK. I love you."
"I love you too, my love."
"Good night."
"Night night, Gummy Bear."
The next couple of days, Nissa helped Joel and Sophie pack up their things. She was feeling sad for herself but very happy for them both. It made her happ that her best friends were able to get out of Friendship and make something out of themselves. Not an easy task to do in her opinion.
Nick headed out to the location of the photoshoot. All he could think about was Nissa. How he wished she was there with him. He arrived and he was greeted by his makeup artist and Christina's manager.
"Hello Mr. Carter. My name is Victor. I am Ms. Ricci's manager. We have everything set up for you. Anything else that you might need, let us know and we will get it for you."
"Thank you, Victor. When will I meet Ms. Ricci?"
"As soon as you get in character."
"Great! Let's get ready, Amy." Amy was his makeup artist and his hairdresser. She had been working for Nick since the Black and Blue tour. She was really shy. But Nick understood her. And he never mistreated her. That's why she was so loyal to him.
It didn't take Nick too long to get dressed, and Amy knew what to do to get him ready in record time. She's known about his crush on Christina. When Nick walked out on set, Christina was laying in an old fashion 1920's love seat. She was wearing a flapper's dress. Her hair was done like the ladies in the 20's. Nick grinned. That explained why he was dressed like he was a member of the mob. When Christina saw him walk in, she smiled so big. She got up from the chair and greeted him.
"Nick, how are you?" She kissed him on both cheeks.
"Ms. Ricci, this is an honor. I've been a fan of yours since you were in the Addams family movie."
"Wow that is a long time." She grinned. She inspected his look. "I knew you would be great for this shoot. Shall we?" She laid back down on the couch. The photographer was ready. He instructed Nick to hover over her. To put his knee between her legs and to look at her like he wanted to devour her sexually. She pulled on his jacket and bit his lip. She looked at the camera seductively while he stared at her. The photographer snapped several shots in that pose and others close to that. They went through 3 other wardrobe changes. The photo session lasted 5 hours. "Nick I want to thank you. You were a natural. And I knew you were gonna be perfect for this."
"Are you kidding me? This was a great moment for me. I'm glad I was able to compliment you in this spread. And you have made my childhood dream come true."
"I'm glad." They said their goodbyes. Nick walked out of there so proud. He felt good because at his age he had an amazing girl and childhood celebrity crush seeked him out. By the time he got out of there it was almost dinner time. He decided to invite Jake to Skylight to celebrate.
"This place is hot tonight. Look at all these ladies"
"Perfect night to come celebrate." They headed to the bar. With drinks in hand they headed to the VIP lounge and sat there. Once again they were met by a couple of girls that frequented the club and hung out with them. Julie the brunette immediately sat on Nick's lap.
"Hey baby, how have you been? I haven't seen you in a minute."
"I've been on tour." She leaned into him and began to kiss his neck. His hand on the small of her back. He turned his head and his lips met hers. She reminded him of Nissa. This girl was hot and he wanted her. He grabbed her neck and tilted her head back to expose her neck. He made his way down from her neck to her chest. Licking the top of her Double D tits. She poured some of her drink on them so he could continue licking her up. Nick kept drinking heavily. Mixing drinks. He felt so good. He hadn't felt like that in a while. Julie stuck her hand in his shirt . She whispered in his ear.
"Come on. Let's get out of here." She got up and stuck her hand out to him. He got up and grabbed her ass as they made their way out the VIP lounge. Jake was too busy with a couple of girls that he didn't notice that Nick had left. Julie and Nick headed to his car. He unlocked it and she got in the backseat. He followed. The moment the door was shut, she unzipped his pants and pulled his hard dick out. She didn't hesitate in sticking it in her mouth. Nick jumped, he wasn't expecting it that soon.
"Oh god. That feels so good." He tugged on her hair. "Mmmmmmmm" He tilted his head back, enjoying the feeling he was getting. She was deep throating him. Making him harder. "Fuck baby." She was teasing his head with her tongue giving him a suck between licks and rubbing both hands up and down the length of his dick. He traced his finger up and down her back. "Jules, I'm about to bust." She continued what she was doing and let him cum in her mouth. She took it like a pro and sat up as she swallowed Nick's load. He pulled her hair and pulled her in for some kissing. She sat on his lap. Nick ran his hand up her thigh. Making his way to her inner thigh. She was wearing a denim mini skirt. He kept going up until he got to her underwear. He rubbed her clit over her silky boy shorts. She was really wet. He pulled them off and rubbed her clit some more. He stuck his finger in her pussy, thrusting it deep. She moaned while she kissed him and stuck her tongue in his mouth. She was grinding on his finger. He put his thumb on her clit, intensifying the feeling she was getting from having his finger in her pussy.
"Nicky don't stop! Oh yeah baby! Don't stop!" He kept going. She came, squirting juices in his hand. He pulled his finger out of her pussy and he licked the palm of his hand.
"You taste so fucking good." He kissed her and she licked her juices from his lips. "You're so fucking hot, Jules!" She giggled.
"You still got it baby." She said kissing him one last time, and getting out of his car. She grabbed her leather jacket and threw it over her shoulder as she walked away. He licked his lips.
"Damn girl, you better keep walking before I fuck you hard!" She looked back at him and blew him a kiss as she continued walking. Nick sat in the backseat with his legs spread and his arms spread across the back of the seat. Thinking about how he still got it. His thoughts got interrupted by his phone.
I Can't Pretend Anymore by Sheila Valerie
Nick woke up in his bed the following morning. He was confused. Turned out he was dreaming. He then realized that it was his subconscious telling him that his bad boy side needs to or is going to come out soon. He did have a massive headache though. His phone rang breaking him out of thought.
“Good morning, baby. What are you up to?”
“Morning. I just got out of bed. And I have a migraine.”
“That explains why you slept in. But did you really sleep?”
“Of course I did!” He answered aggressively. “What the hell do you think I was doing?” Nissa could tell she had upset him.
“I asked because some people, even if they are laying down and asleep, may not be completely shut down. A lot of them just toss and turn, not sleeping well.” Nissa calmly explained. Nick realized that he was being paranoid. “Are you still there baby?”
“Yes I am.” He needed to snap out of it. He needed to find out what the hell happened the night before. Because what he thought was a dream seemed real. And before he hurt Nissa, he needed to do damage control. “Baby, I'm gonna let you go. My head is pounding. I want to eat something so I can take meds for it.”
“Ok my love, call me later…I love you.”
“I love you too, Gummy Bear.” He pushed the End call button. He sat in the breakfast nook, waiting for his coffee to brew. He was thinking that normally when he slept with a girl, all he dealt with was a hang over. But this time he was dealing with a hang over, guilt, and disgust. He wasn't liking this. The only way to find out what the hell happened that night was to call Jake. He was the only one that could tell him what had happened.
“Hello?”
“Dude tell me what the fuck happened last night.”
“We went to the club, had wings, and drinks. You danced with Julie. Hung out with her the whole time we were there. Then I hailed a cab and you were dropped off first, then I was.”
“So I didn't sneak off with Julie and screw her?”
“No man. You were with me the whole time. We knew where we both were at all times.” Nick sighed out of relief.
“Good. I thought I fucked up.”
"You were drinking heavily. That's for sure."

3 years passed. Nick kept dealing with the monsters in his closet. Trying very hard to be the best that he could. Not only for Nissa, but for himself too. They took turns flying back and forth to visit. Nick had become a regular in Friendship, Maine. The town people were as protective of him as they were of Nissa. When he wasn't with Nissa he would be touring the USA, promoting his latest solo album.
Nissa was due in California that day. Nick was gonna perform at the MTV Music Awards. He asked her to come with him. The award show was the next day. He was also planning something amazing for her birthday, which was also that weekend. When Nissa arrived she took a cab to Nick's house. He was at sound check so he couldn't meet her.
"Hey Nacho, what are you up to?" his ears perked up. "You want to go for a walk?" He raced to the door, then back to Nissa. He was excited. Nissa grabbed her phone and keys. She opened the door. Nacho shot out and ran to the water. "You're exactly like your daddy. Water babies." She loved that dog. He had been with Nick almost 20 years. He was spunky and so full of life. Nacho was Nick's prized possession. Once she saw that Nacho was out of the water and walking beside her, she texted Nick letting him know that she was at the house.
Nick ran through the medley of songs he was gonna perform. They were songs from all 6 of his solo albums. He heard his phone go off. He read it and grinned.
"Why are you grinning?" Asked Luke, his bodyguard.
"Nissa's at my house already."
"That's a good reason to grin. How is she?"
"She's doing well. I'm really happy she came out for this. I mean it's no award, but it's about time I show her off."
"Yes. You guys have been together for 5 years. And have known each other way longer. I don't even know why you haven't put a ring on it." Nick took a sip of his water. What Luke had said got him thinking. From that moment on, all he could think about was getting home to Nissa. But he had another run through of his performance to do. The minute they finished running through the set list, he headed out.
"Alright, I'm going home." He informed Luke.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do."
"If I did, I would have blue balls." He teased Luke.
"For your information, I get laid, fucker. I just don't kiss and tell."
"If that's what you want to tell yourself." Nick got in his car, while still laughing at Luke. All he could think about was how much he missed her and how much he wanted to kiss her. When he got to his beach house, he was greeted by an excited Nacho and loud heavy metal. He grinned from ear to ear. He could get used to that. He knew exactly where he would find her. He walked into the living room and found her laying on a lawn chair in the balcony with an Amoretto Sour in her hand. Nick owned a beach house in Malibu. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean. His living room had impressive windows that ran from the ceiling to the floor. Including sliding doors that led out to his balcony. He sneaked behind her and covered her eyes. "Guess who?" She gasped in surprise. She then grinned, setting her drink down and jumping out of the chair.
"Hi baby!" She kissed him and threw her arms around his neck.
"Hey gummy bear, how are you?"
"I'm good. How was rehearsal?"
"It was very successful. Luke says hi by the way."
"Awwww. He's such an awesome guy. So does that mean that you are ready for tomorrow?"
"Yes I am. I just can't wait to walk the red carpet with you by my side."
"Oh yeah?" She said, hugging his waist.
"Yeah" he kissed her nose.
"Why’s that?"
"Because I get to show off the woman that makes me so happy."
"Aww baby!" She blushed as he kissed her hands. She stood on her tippy toes to kiss him. He towered over her and that was the only way she could reach him. The light fall breeze blew through her hair. Nick could smell her body spray. The same scent she left in his bed every time she went home. "So I booked us a hotel suite at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey for the weekend."
"Great! It's closer than traveling back and forth."
"Have you picked your outfit?"
"No not really. I thought we'd go in a matching outfit."
"Oh you mean like Justin and Britney that one time?"
"Yeah" he laughed.
"I don't think that's a good idea."
"Ok. I'll get something together before I take a shower."
"And while you do that I'll make you something to eat."
"No baby, you should join me."
"Nicky, you have to eat. Only God knows when you ate last."
"Baby cakes. I'm not hungry for food." He licked his lips. Nissa couldn't believe that he called her that.
"Alright, baby cakes..." She said sarcastically, "What are you hungry for?"
"You, of course." He said very proud.
"You are tempting me, but you know I can't. You must eat. Go pick your outfit and take a shower."
"Yes ma'am!" She threw a pillow at him. "I love it when you tell me what to do."
"GO!" He walked away laughing and shaking his head. Nissa headed to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. She found everything to make him a salad. She threw it together and put it in the fridge. She went upstairs to see what he was up to. She found that he was in the shower and that he had laid out his outfit on the bed. He had chosen his 'Go To' black suit. The one he wore when they got their star on the Walk of Fame. She took that time to get everything she needed ready. She got her dress out of her suitcase and hung it on the closet door. She didn't notice Nick standing at the bathroom door, with only his white towel wrapped around his waist. His hair all wet and slicked back. "Wow baby." Nissa couldn't help but stare at him and enjoy everything about him. He didn't have a six pack or wasn't muscle ripped, but to Nissa he looked amazing. He grinned. Reacting to her comment.
"So what do you think about the suit?"
"I think it's too formal for the VMA's."
"Sorry. Someone else always dressed me."
"It's alright. How about we use this dark grey jacket, with this hunter green shirt?"
"Yes! That's still dressy but not 'Black Tie' dressy. You're a genius!!" Nissa smiled. She felt very proud that he approved. "What are you wearing?"
"It's a surprise."
"Oh come on."
"You're gonna have to wait. I promise that we are not making the worst dressed list."
"No we are making it on best dressed list." Nick got dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He ate his salad. Then he got a bag ready. They were ready in no time. Once they got done. They loaded everything in his car. Nissa, Nick, and Nacho got in the car. They made the 30 minute drive from Malibu to Marina del Rey. They arrived at the Ritz-Carlton. Nick left Nissa at the door and he went to park the car. Nissa was waiting for him in the lobby, when she was approached by a couple of fans.
"Hey Nissa, how are you?"
"I'm great. How about you guys?"
"We are good, now that we found you." Nissa smiled. She hugged them. "Can you sign this picture please?"
"Of course I can." Nissa signed the picture and took some selfies with them. Just then the doors opened and in walked Nick and Nacho right next to him. Nissa glanced up and it was like an angel had walked in. She could feel her knees getting weak. She didn't know what it was about that man that made her melt into a puddle. He walked to Nissa and the couple that were with Nissa.
"Hey." He grinned at them. The guy that was with the girl happened to be her boyfriend, shook his hand.
"Hey Nick. You have no idea how long she's been waiting for this moment."
"OH?" He turned to the girl. "Come here." He pulled her into a tight embrace. "What's your name sweetheart?"
"Lacey."
"Well Lacey, tonight is the night." He took her phone and snapped a bunch of selfies. Then Nissa took her phone and snapped a couple of pictures of them. She saw how happy that girl was to have both her favorite men in the same place.
"David can you take a picture of me with Nick and Nissa?" He took the camera and snapped some pictures. Nissa felt honored that she would want to include her too. "Thank you guys so much. I will leave you alone now. Have fun tomorrow!"
"Thank you, sweetie." The couple hugged Nick and Nissa and left the hotel. Nick and Nissa made their way to the reception desk.
"Hi. I have a reservation for Starry and Knight." Nick looked at her with a curiosity as to why she chose those names.
"Yes Ms. Starry. It was for the Lovers Suite." The young man at the desk smiled. Nissa wondered what was going through his mind. "Here are your keys. Any special instructions?"
"No, thank you."
"Actually yes...We would like to not be disturbed unless we ask for something." Nick said.
"Alright, Mr. Knight. I have made a note in your file."
"Thank you." Nick winked at the young man. They made their way to the elevator. Nacho hesitated in getting in. "Come on Nacho! Get in here." He paced forward. When he got to the elevator he turned around and barked as if to say 'Nope'. "Get in here, scaredy cat." Nacho looked at Nick like he was stupid. Nissa laughed.
"Come on boy!" Nissa told him. He quietly barked, and ran into the elevator. The doors shut behind him. Nick laughed.
"Great! I've lost you to her too?" Nacho looked at him with 'Do you blame me?' in his eyes. "No I don't blame you. She's got me too." Nick looked at Nissa. She was giggling the whole time. He put his arm around her waist and pulled her into him. She looked him in his eyes, then she looked down at his lips, then back in his eyes.
"You guys are pretty great too." She laughed. Nick kissed her gently at first, then the kiss got more intense. She parted her lips and let out a soft moan. Nick bit her bottom lip.
"MMMMMMM, Mr. Knight you are very lustful at the moment." Nick smiled.
"By the way, what's with the names?"
"When I was younger I dreamed of having two sea horses of my own. A male and a female. And their names were gonna be Starry for the female and Knight for the Male." He smiled again.
"You are silly, Gummy Bear." He pulled her close again and kissed the temple of her head. Nissa shut her eyes as he kissed her, embracing the moment. But she couldn't get enough of him. She turned her head to face him. He looked at her lips. She pushed herself upon her tippy toes and kissed him. But this time she bit his lip instead. He dropped the small suitcase he had in his left hand on the floor and it fell on Nacho's head. Nacho yelped and moved closer to the door. Nick then put his hand on her butt cheek, giving it a squeeze, as he lifted her up. She immediately wrapped her legs around his waist. She thought she felt him getting tight down there. She threw her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. Nick pushed her against the wall, kissing her. She could definitely feel he was hard for her. She could tell he was very turned on and he wanted to take her right then and there. He moved his lips to her jaw line, nibbling his way to her neck. He got more aggressive as he kissed her neck. She moaned in pleasure. That drove him up the wall and his kissing got intense. She kept moaning. He could feel her chest on his as she breathed hard. He lost it. He bit her neck hard and sucked on the skin that he had between his teeth.
"Slow...Down...Ohh...Rockstar..." She moaned between words. Nick released her flesh and licked his lips. Nissa stared in his eyes and all she could see was desire. But before they could go at again, the elevator dinged and the doors opened. Waiting to get on was a couple that looked like they were in their 50's looking back at them. The woman seemed to be appalled, but her husband looked at Nissa and then at Nick. Nissa got off Nick. Nick immediately grabbed the bag and covered himself up. Nissa was embarrassed. She wiped her bottom lip with her thumb and put her head down. As they were making their way out, the old man looked at Nick and winked in approval. His wife saw that and back handed him in the arm as they got on the elevator.
"What the hell was that? Are you going through your midlife crisis? You want a young girl?" Nick and Nissa could hear the wife yelling at the old man. Nissa giggled.
"That is so crazy. He didn't do anything for her to react that way."
"Actually baby girl, he winked at me and she saw him."
"Why did he wink at you?"
"In approval."
"Of What?" Nissa asked still not understanding the glimpse of guy lingo Nick was sharing with her.
"An old man like me having a beautiful young girl like you all to myself."
"Oh?"
"Look baby, he wasn't that much older than me and he was happy to see me, a 40 something year old man with a baby like you."
"Is that a good thing?"
"Yes my love. There's nothing wrong with that." He inserted the key into the door of their suite. Nacho made his way in like he was the king. Nick motioned for her to go in before him. With his free hand, he slapped her ass when she walked by him.
"Wow, this is nice."
"Get used to this baby girl, because when you are with me, this is what you will get. The best." Nick stole a kiss from her. Nissa jumped in the bed.
"Ooooh this bed is so comfortable. It's like sleeping on a cloud. "Nick smiled. Nissa got out of bed and put everything in its place. Nick took his flip flops and shirt off, leaving his sweatpants on. He lay down in the bed. Nissa set up a water and food bowl for Nacho. She combed and braided her hair. Nick watched her every move like a hawk about to pounce on his prey. She finally lay next to him. She laid her head on his chest and he wrapped the arm she was laying on around her waist. She traced his lips with her index finger and every so often he would part his lips and capture her finger with them. Nissa would giggle and he would kiss her brow.
"MMMMmmm" Nissa would moan and snuggle against him. "I love you, Nick Carter." She whispered in his ear."
"I love you too, Gummy Bear." He told her as she drifted into sleep. "More than words can express." Nick was feeling butterflies in his stomach. It was exactly how he felt when he performed with the boys at their first huge venue. He fell asleep feeling hopeful for his future.
Nick could feel Nissa twitching in her sleep. He pulled her into an embrace. She stopped twitching and slept all night.
Nissa woke up to the sounds of people on the beach. She opened her eyes and noticed that Nick wasn't anywhere in sight. She checked her phone and saw it was 10 am. She got up and checked up on Nacho who had been sleeping at their feet when she fell asleep. He was laying on the balcony overlooking the beach catching some rays.
"You, my dear Nacho are definitely just like your daddy. Water and sun." He perked up his ears when he heard Nissa. "Talking about your daddy, do you have any idea where he is?" Nacho laid his head on his paws. "Ok then keep his secret. I'll find out eventually." Nissa went to make some coffee when she heard the beep of the door unlocking. She looked from the little kitchen area towards the door and in walked Nick. His hair soaked and slicked back.
"Good morning Gummy Bear." He sat down his towel on a chair, taking her breath away with a kiss.
"Morning my love."
"God Nissa, you make me feel alive." He picked her up by the waist and spun her around, then he sat her down. Nissa was shocked at the way he was acting.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes. I just love you so much." He kissed her again. "I'm gonna take a shower. I went for a swim and I stink of chlorine. Wanna join me?"
"Let me think about it....." Nissa teased him. "I can't. I'm on dog sitting duty."
"That's bullshit and you know it. Pwease, pwease, pwetty pwease join me in the shower and then we can order brunch." He pouted his lips. Nissa couldn't help giggling.
"Oh alright. I'll be there in a second."
"I'll be waiting." He said as he licked his lips. Nick got in the shower. Nissa grabbed some clothes and made her way in the bathroom to find an already soaked Nick Carter. He looked absolutely sexy.
"What took you so long?"
"It did not take me that long."
"I know but it felt like an eternity."
"You exaggerate so much." Nick smiled. He grabbed her ass and pulled her close. She wrapped her arms around his waist. The water ran down against their skin. Nissa felt good. She felt safe. She didn't want to get out of the shower and deal with the world that day. She looked up at him as the water drops dripped down his face. She was so in love with this man. His lips curved when he caught her eyes and he bent his head so his mouth could capture hers. She closed her eyes as she felt the kiss warming up her body. Her arms wrapped around him and she felt him gently press her against the wall of the shower. Their lips didn't part once and she felt him against her. His hand crept to her leg, gently lifting it. Her breathing became heavy and she felt him find his way inside her. She moaned gently, biting his lip softly. She let go of his lip. He looked at her with desire. He then kissed the spot on her neck that turned her on. She held him tighter and closer to her body. He could feel how tight she was. It felt good to him. He thrusted, gently at first. But as Nissa kissed his lips, and his face, he could sense her desperation for him. He went in her fast. She wanted him so bad. She scratched his back. She didn't realize how deep her scratches on his back were until hot water hit them and he winced from pain. But he was so into Nissa that he didn't care, if anything, he was turned on even more. She moaned his name. Hearing that was the final blow to him. He loved hearing her saying his name. He came hard. Nissa was so close. He thrusted his finger in her and she let out a moan.
"You like that?" he whispered in her ear.
"MMMmmm yes." She said, breathing so hard. He put his thumb on her throbbing clit. "Oh God Nick." He simultaneously hit her swollen G-spot with his finger, and rubbed her clit with his thumb. He could feel her walls tightening around his finger. He knew she wasn't gonna last any longer. He bit her neck and shoulder, sending chills down her spine. All her senses where heightened so much that the hot water running down on them felt amazing. He thrusted one last time and she went straight into a world of ecstasy. She could feel her knees get week. He sensed her weakness and he pressed his body against her so that he could hold her up. She leaned her head back on the shower wall. He kissed her jaw line as she came down from that world he had sent her to. Once she was fully grounded, she kissed his lips passionately.
"Damn baby. Round two?" She smiled and giggled.
"How bout we do what we were supposed to do in the shower?" He smirked.
"Oh alright." They showered. Nick got out first. As soon as he walked out of the bathroom, Nacho greeted him with Nick's cell phone in his mouth. "What is it, Boy?" He had a missed called and a voice mail. Nick checked the voice mail.
"Hello Mr. Carter. This is Alfonso. I just wanted to let you know that we have located what you requested and it is on it's way here. If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call me. Thank you." Nick was very excited to hear that message. Nissa opened the bathroom door and saw him grinning.
"What are you grinning about?"
"Nothing, baby girl. I'm just extremely happy." She smiled at him as he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her.
"What time is it?"
"Time to eat! I'm starving!"
"I hope not for me this time. Because I can't keep you nourished."
"What if I'm a vampire? I really can't get enough of you."
"Mr. Carter, you're killing me here. If you were a vampire, you'd be biting me every chance you get."
"Don't tempt me, Ms. Sohma." He pulled her to him by her waist and stole another kiss.
"Go ahead." She teased by leaning her head to the side, exposing her neck. He nibbled her spot. She had put her hand on his shoulder. And as he nibbled he could feel her gently scratching at his shoulder. He began to suck on her skin. Driving her up the wall. "You were right when you said that you can't get enough of me. Her ticklish senses kicked in and she jerked away, giggling.
"What?"
"You were tickling me." Nick grinned.
"Come on. Let's order room service. What would you like?"
"See if you can get them to make me a big ol' burger with cheese, bacon, and egg and lots of ketchup."
"Ok gummy bear." Nick went off to the phone while Nissa got dressed. "Babe, what do you want to drink?"
"Coke please." She walked over to the balcony and opened the curtains. The view was breathtaking. Sun was shining and everyone was at the beach. She stepped out on the balcony. There was a light late summer breeze. It was strange because it was the beginning of September. She was in deep thought when Nick snuck behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. She put her hands on his arms, embracing him.
"What's on your mind?" he asked her.
"Nothing. Just that when I went to see your concert, I never thought I'd be here with you."
"Why not?"
"I was just a fan. At the time it was known that you prefered to not date fans."
"But you're not just a fan. There's something about you. I can't put my finger on it." They hear a knock on the door. "It's chow time." He went to get the food. Tipping the man that brought up their brunch. He brought it out to the balcony. They sat down. Nissa inspected her burger. Then she started to cry. Nick was shocked to see her react that way. "What's the matter, baby?"
"It's so perfect!"
"What? The burger?" He chuckled.
"No. This. Us. What we have." He started laughing so hard that a girl at the pool beneath them heard him and looked up at the top floor. "Carter, that's not funny." Nissa told him with a frown on her face.
"Oh baby, it's ok." He couldn't stop laughing. "I thought you were amazed by your burger. I mean it looks amazing. But not worth your tears." He grabbed her hand and kissed it.
"Shut up!" She hit his arm. They resumed with their meal. Nick stared at her. He admired how she carefully laid her seasoned curly fries, then she doused them in ketchup. Nissa caught him staring.
"What baby? Are you ok?"
"Yeah. I'm ok. I just love you so much."
"I love you too." She grinned. They finished eating. Nick sat there a little longer. Nissa went back inside. She dumped all her makeup box content on the floor by the bed. She sat there rummaging through it trying to choose what she needed for her spectacular look. Nick sat on the bed by her.
"Gummy Bear, don't worry about all that. I'm treating you to a whole day of Spa treatment. Then you're gonna get your hair and makeup done by a stylist that's taken care of many celebrities. And all this is gonna happen while I'm at sound check.
"Baby. No. You don't have to do that."
"It's alright. You took care of the suite. I'll take care of that.
"That's very sweet of you, baby. I'll take it. But only to distract myself from being apart from you." Nick's heart just melted. He smiled. Nissa picked up all her makeup and put it back into her makeup box. They headed out. Once they got there, Nick walked her inside.
"Hi. I have a reservation for Carter."
"Yes, Mr. Carter. Everything is ready. Follow me Ms. Sohma." Nissa kissed Nick and then followed the girl. When they entered the massaging room, Nissa saw Sophie was there.
"Eeeeepp!!!!" Nissa and Sophie squealed as they hugged and jumped up and down. "What are you doing here?"
"Nick called me this morning and told me to get on the first flight. He wanted to surprise you. He felt bad that you'd be alone for almost the whole day."
"That's too sweet of him. I'm glad he did it. And I'm glad that you are here. I've missed you so much." Two guys came in.
"Alright, ladies. It's time for your massages. I am Josue, and this is George my partner in crime. We will be the ones giving you your massages. Please remove all items of clothes. Use these towels to cover your privates. Please lay on your stomach once you have removed your clothes." Nissa and Sophie did what they were told. Once the guys began their routine massages, they continued their convo.
"How's Joel?"
"He's doing good. He's making good money with his job. He's doing so good that he bought me a house out on the beach. It's a big ol palace of a house. He's never been happier."
"I'm so glad to hear all that. I'm really happy for you two."
"What about you? How are you and Nick doing?"
"We are good. I'm so happy with him. Last time I was this happy was before dad started traveling to Dallas."
"Really? That's great."
"It’s so bad that I never want to go back home. But I know he needs his space. You know?"
"Yeah. I understand. And it only gets better. Once you move in it's amazing."
"Yeah I would think so too. It's just that Nick has been a bachelor for so long that I don't think he'd do well being tied down to me."
"You'd be surprised. Remember when Joel use to say that he wouldn't date a girl because she would take time away from his video games."
"Yeah."
"He changed that way of thinking. He says that with me he saw that there was more to life than video games."
"That's true. So when's the wedding?"
"I don't think he's even thought about it."
"That's too bad. I can't wait to help you plan it." Josue and George got done with their massages. Sophie and Nissa felt brand new.
"Go ahead and put these robes on. George will be escorting you to hair and makeup." Shortly after, they were making their way to hair and makeup. Nissa was thinking about Nick. She was missing him so much. And she was wondering how he was doing.

In the middle of sound check, he decided to sing his solo version of Unmistakable. He was thinking about how when they recorded that song, he had Nissa dreamed up. All this time and he still couldn't believe that he had her in his life. He snapped out of it when Luke stopped a fan from climbing on stage. The fan had snuck in to sound check. The music stopped. Nick looked at Luke and the fan. And he motioned with his hand for Luke to let the fan on stage. The fan walked to Nick. Nick shook his hand. "Hey Tom, what's up?"
"Hey Nick. You remembered my name?"
"Yes. You sent me that magnificent drawing of me. I recognize you from the picture of you that was included in the package." Tom began to get misty eyed. Nick hugged him. "Aww man, what is it?"
"It's just that I never thought I'd ever meet you. You've inspired me to stay in the right path of life. Everyone thought that I would not stop doing drugs. I did. And it was you who inspired me. When I was in school, before I dropped out, I use to doodle on everything. And it always made me feel better. I went back to school and got my GED. Like you did and then I continued to the community college. There I took Art. And I'm doing what I love. That drawing was a thank you for being a role model for this stranger. You gave me hope."
"I'm so glad I made that positive impact on you. I'm very proud of you!
"I'm sorry I ambushed you. But it's an honor to meet you finally."
"It's alright man. Say, are you busy tonight?"
"No I'm not. I was gonna come here and take my chance. I cleared my schedule because I knew I'd be in jail for the night."
"I want you to be my +2."
"What?!!"
"I want you to be my guest and join my girlfriend and me at the show."
"Oh that would be an honor."
"OK so it's settled. I'm done with rehearsal. You and me are going shopping." They head out. Nick calls Nissa.
"Hello?" Nissa answered.
"Hey baby. I just wanted to let you know that I will be a little longer. I have a friend with me and we need to go shopping real quick."
"OK baby. By the way, thank you for the surprise. I love you so much."
"You're welcome, Gummy Bear." Tom was disgusted by the affection that he was hearing from them. He was anti-Nissa. He wasn't sure how he was gonna deal with Nissa. But he had to. Because it's not every day, he is with his idol. "So Tom, I haven't told you that I framed the drawing. I hung it up in my studio at the house."
"Really?"
"Yes I did."
"Thank you. That means a lot to me." They headed out to Neiman-Marcus. Nick was gonna treat Tom to an outfit. They arrived and immediately they found the perfect ensemble for Tom. Then they headed out to the hotel.
"Hey baby, I'm so glad you're here. I missed you. Thank you so much for today. It was a very relaxing time." Nissa kissed him.
"You're welcome baby girl. I'm glad."
"Now get dressed." She turned to walk away and she noticed Tom, standing shyly at the door. She immediately walked over to him. "Hi, I'm Nissa." She extended her hand to him. He shook her hand hesitantly. As soon as Nick was in the bathroom getting dressed Tom showed his true colors.
"Look Nissa, I love Nick like he was a big brother to me. And I can see past your innocent role you're playing. You don't fool me." Nissa looked at him in shock.
"Wow. So according to you, what is it that I want from Nick?"
"His money, his attention, the perks of being a rock star girlfriend. The demise of Backstreet Boys..."
"Whoa, let me stop you right there. I don't want his money because I am loaded myself. So those perks you talk about, I can get all by myself. This suite you are standing in, I paid for. As for the demise of Backstreet Boys, please. Why would I destroy one of the things that has given me joy for years. Another thing, when the Boys were talking about the Reunion Tour, my father had just passed and he didn't want to go on tour. Guess who convinced him to go. That would be me. You may not like me. But I'm here to stay. Whether you like it or not." Tom stayed shut but Nissa could see he was fuming in his eyes. Just then Nick came out of the room and the mood changed. "Wow baby, you look amazing."
"Thank you, Gummy Bear." Nick made his way to the full length mirror. "Tom, go ahead and get ready. Make yourself comfortable. Let me know if you need anything."
"Thank you, Nick." Nissa saw a smile on Tom that reminded her of herself. The fan in her. She turned to Nick, who was struggling with his collar. She stood between him and the mirror, facing him. He looked in the mirror and he loved what he was seeing. Immediately he took his iPhone 6 plus. He put his hand on her hip and snapped a picture. He didn't waste any time posting it on Instagram.
"There, you are all done." Nick leaned forward and kissed her glossy lips. He licked his lips to taste her.
"MMM that tastes like cherry."
"I added Cherry Dragon flavored Lipsmacker Lipgloss over the lipstick the makeup artist put on me." She grinned.
"You look stunning, Ms. Sohma."
"You don't look half bad yourself, Mr. Carter." She kissed him. This time not having to stand on her tippy toes since she was wearing 6 inch stiletto heels. Just then Tom came out of the bathroom all ready. Shortly after, their phone rang.
"Hello Ms. Sohma. This is Saul calling from the reception desk to let you know that your Limousine has arrived."
"Thank you, Saul." She put the phone on the receiver. "Guys, the Limo is here." They gathered everything that they were gonna need. Nissa turned to Nacho. "You be good. And keep the room safe." They made their way out the door. Nick, Tom, Sophie, and Nissa got on the elevator. Nick leaned against the back wall and he pulled Nissa by her hips. All he could do was admire her. She rested the temple of her head on his chest, trying not to get makeup on his jacket. He kissed her forehead. The elevator dinged. They had arrived to the lobby. And the moment they walked out, they were ambushed by camera flashes. Someone had ratted them out. Nick was very upset, but he kept his cool. They posed for pictures.
"Nick, who is in your posse?"
"Of course you know Nissa already. This is Sophie, her best friend. And this is Tom, my friend."
"Talking about Nissa, when is the wedding gonna be?"
"Honestly, I don't think I have changed my opinion on marriage. So I don't think it's happening."
"Nissa, how do you feel about that?" Nissa stayed shut. She was thinking about what she was gonna say. She was sad and she didn't want to give her sadness away.
"I knew that about him already. I have nothing to say about that." The photographers could sense the awkwardness of the situation. So they tried to change the subject.
"So are you ever gonna do something for yourself or are you gonna continue living off your parents fortune and off of Nick?"
"Alright that's enough. We have an event to get to. So if you'll excuse us..."Nick came to her rescue. Tom had a smirk on his face. They hopped in the Limo as fast as they could. Everyone got in, then Nick got in and shut the door. Nissa immediately opened the whiskey. She made herself a glass. And drank it in one sip. Nick grabbed a glass and drank some too. Nissa got on Instagram. She found the picture Nick had posted. It showed her back towards the mirror. Her dress had a very low back. Her black, wavy hair was left down. She looked at Nick's face in the picture and he was happy. He looked like he hadn't in so many years. Nissa knew that even though he was successful, he still wasn't happy. She could tell from all the research she did on him when she was younger. But now she was confused. If he seems so happy in the picture and in his actions. Why is he telling everybody otherwise? She continued to stare at the picture and read the caption. 'John F. Kennedy and Jackie O. have nothing on us. Perfection in one photo'. She could feel a knot in her throat. And a tear roll down her cheek. Sophie knew how she was feeling. She put her hand on her knee. To reassure her that everything was gonna be alright. Nissa served herself another glass of whiskey. Making it her 4th. Her instagram updated with new photos. The most recent one was posted by her favorite celebrity gossip magazine. It was a picture of them in the limo. Her on the phone and Nick looking out the window. It had been captioned 'Trouble in Paradise with @NissaSohma and @BoyBanderNik? I think so.' Nissa looked up at Tom. She was very appalled. But she wasn't gonna make a scene and embarrass Nick. Tom looked at her. He knew she knew he was the one who tipped the photographers to their whereabouts. Just then Nick grabbed her hand and kissed it. Breaking her out of thought. She looked at him. She saw that he was there but not at the same time. He was in deep thought. Nissa's thinking this is his night. I need to do everything to make sure it doesn't get ruined. She texted Sophie.

Nissa: I found the rat.
Sophie: Who?
Nissa: Tom. He alerted the media we were at that hotel. Then he posted this picture.

Nissa had taken a screenshot of the picture. And she sent it to Sophie.

Sophie: Ooh that little weasel. What do you want me to do?
Nissa: I will be with Nick most of the night. So I need you to keep Tom away from Nick. Because I won't let anything happen that will ruin Nick's night.
Sophie: Will do.
Nissa: Thank you.

They arrived at the venue. Nick came out of the Limo and extended his hand for Nissa. He helped her out. The moment they both got out the photographers and the fans at the red carpet went crazy. Nick waved and smiled. Nissa fighting with her dress managed to wave. Sophie pulled Tom to the sidelines.
"You and me, we stay out of the way." He shot her a mean look. "We know what you are up to. And if you hurt Nissa or Nick, I will ruin you."
"Tom, I'm just a fan of Nick's."
"Yeah sure you are." Nick and Nissa walked the red carpet. Stopping several times for different channels, magazines, etc. Nick had his hand on Nissa's lower back. Sometimes on her hip. He would kiss her cheek. Their body language was amazing. A reporter stopped them to interview him.
"Nick, are you planning to go on tour for this new album?"
"Yes I do. I have some plans to take care of first. Then I plan to go on a worldwide tour."
"Do these plans include Nissa?"
"Why would you ask that?"
"There's a picture going around that says otherwise."
"What picture?"
"Come on babe. We have to go." Nissa was pulling his arm so he could get away. Nick does walk away.
"Nissa, what picture are they talking about?"
"Baby it's not important. We can discuss this later. Tonight is your night."
"No Nissa. You need to tell me what's going on." Nissa sighed. As they were making their way into the venue Nissa explained.
"Baby, the picture that reporter was talking about is this one." Nissa showed him the picture.
"You mean to tell me that Tom was ratting us out?"
"Yes baby."
"Wait here." Nick found the security guard and told him that Tom had to go. He got back to Nissa.
"Nick, what did you do?"
"I told security to take him out and not let him in."
"Ok? How are you feeling?"
"I'm OK. I'm used to this already."
"I'm sorry baby. Let's just enjoy this. Go rock your heart out." They got inside.
"I have to go find Sophie."
"Ok Gummy Bear." She kissed him and a picture was snapped. "That's gonna be all over the magazines tomorrow." Nick smiled.
"Let it. I want to scream it out that you're mine." Nissa was surprised to hear that. After everything that occurred earlier that day. As soon as she walked away she found Sophie trying to get in.
"She's with Nick too. You can let her in."
"Where's Tom?"
"Nick told security to escort him out. He found out about the picture."
"That's too bad. How is he dealing with it?"
"He's actually OK." They got to their seats. Nissa sat next to Nick and Sophie sat next to Nissa. Nick grabbed Nissa's hand and kissed it. He leaned into her.
"It's about time. I missed you so much."
"I came as fast as soon as I found her." He grasped her chin and pulled her in for a passionate lip lock. "Oh Behave. You're giving me bad ideas." Nick licked his lips.
"Feisty are we?"
"I'm sorry. You're the hottest man here. Well aside from Jared Padalecki." Nissa joked. "You can't blame a girl for wanting to be turned on by her man."
"You're right. I would fall into your little trap if it wasn't because the show is about to start. And I don't want to ruin your look. I would definitely take you right here, right now." Nissa grinned as he kissed her cheek.
"How about we go for it?"
"You're tempting me but that's a negative." Nissa giggled. The show started. They sat there and enjoyed themselves. Nick made his way backstage halfway through it.
"I'm so excited to see him perform." Nissa told Sophie.
"You? Me! I've never seen him perform.>"
"You're in for a treat."
"Our Next musical performer made it big at a very young age, as a part of one of the biggest boy bands in history. And now he's still rocking the stages as a solo artist. Please, welcome back to our stages, the one and only Nick Carter." The crowd went crazy. The camera shifted focus to Nissa. She was beaming. Nick started his set with 'I'm Taking off', wearing his spacesuit that he wore on his tour. He really got into the song like he used to. Although he was older he was still rocking it and he didn't feel his age. It was like he was invincible on stage. Just when the crowd didn't expected, he ripped his space suit off and revealed black jeans, a black tank, and he had thrown on the dark chrome jacket he used in the In A World Like This tour. He began a solo version of Permanent Stain. He sang the first verse and chorus then went into I Got You. Every so often the cameras would shift to Nissa, and every time she was caught, singing along. She sang along to every song except the very last song. It was a mid-tempo ballad that she had never heard before. All she could do was listen to the lyrics and watch him. Watch how he got into it, and many times catching her eyes. She realized that the song was the one he had been working on for several years. The one he tried pitching to the Boys for the Reunion tour. They didn't take it because it was too sappy. How a song was too sappy for Backstreet Boys was beyond her. But it was extremely beautiful. She loved it. Nick finished the set and the crowd once again went wild. He blew a kiss to Nissa, and the camera captured her reaction. She hugged Sophie just like she would've if she was at a regular Backstreet Boys concert with her best friend. Nissa was fan girling really bad. And what made it better was that she got to go home with him.
Nick went backstage and changed back to his original wardrobe, then he took his seat next to Nissa. "So? What you think?" Sophie laughed.
"She was fan girling you bad. It's like she had never met you or something." Nissa elbowed her in the rib.
"I loved it. You still got it rockstar. Is that new song gonna be in your next album?"
"You want it to be?"
"Why are you asking me? That's not up to me."
"Actually baby, that song is yours. I wrote it for you. It's about you. So yes it's up to you."
"Of course then. I think your fans would love it too. Thank you." They got through the show.
"We have 2 options. We could crash someone's after party or we can call it a night." Nick told Nissa as they waited for Sophie to get out of the bathroom. Nissa threw her arm around his neck and kissed him.
"But I just wanna take you home, so we can make a story of our own." Nick laughed.
"Touche. Using my own words against me. But you know that we have visit and I think that would be TMI for her."
"I don't like it when you're right."
"I'm sorry." Sophie finally came out.
"So what's our next move?" She asked Nick and Nissa.
"I'm starving!" Nissa informed them.
"What are you girls feeling for?"
"I want a big ol' steak with scrambled eggs."
"Breakfast for midnight snack sounds great!"
"I don't know what restaurant is open this late at night."
"Oh Nicky, you have let fame get to you. Have you forgotten a certain International House of Pancakes?"
"But dressed like this?"
"We will fine." She kissed him. Their limo car was waiting for them outside. He requested to be taken to IHOP. When they arrived, everyone looked at them. Nissa giggled as she looked at Nick and found a worried look on his face. "Baby, relax. It's not like you didn't use to do this after the award shows. The only difference was that you went to the bar."
"You're right."
"Just enjoy these little moments that get you away from fame and the lime light."
"Hello, I'm Mandy. And I will be your waitress for the night. Can I start you with a drink?" Nick looked up at the waitress.
"Mandy??!!!"
"Nick?! How the heck have you been?"
"Pretty good."
"What are you doing working here?"
"My divorce left me with almost nothing."
"That sucks. What about your royalties? I mean 'I Wanna Be Bad' is used a lot in movies."
"Not as much anymore. I regret getting all this plastic surgery on my face. Now no one wants to hire me because I look to old they say."
"I'm sorry to hear that." Nick sympathized with her. Nissa remembered Mandy from all the tabloids. Everyone knew her as Willa Ford. Nick and her didn't end well. But deep down she knew that she was Nick's first love. And they say that you never forget your first love. She began to feel a little weird. It felt like she was jealous. But she knew better. Or so she thought. She cleared her throat very loudly, getting Mandy's attention.
"Pitcher of Coke, please." Mandy looked at her with a puzzled look.
"Can I get a fruit punch?"
"And for you Miss?" Mandy looked in Sophie's direction.
"I'll have a sprite."
"Coming right up." Mandy went to the back to get their drinks. Nick looked at Nissa. She was staring at the menu hard. He thought she was gonna burn a hole through it.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm fine."
"You don't seem fine." Nissa looked in Mandy's direction and she caught her staring at Nick. He followed her gaze and he realized what was wrong with her. "Baby, really?"
"Don't Baby, Really me. I'm a girl. Who better than me to know what seeing your first love again does to you?"
"I'm gonna go to the powder room." Sophie said trying to lighten the mood. She left them alone.
"Nissa. If I wanted to be with her, I would've looked her up. I'm with you. I only have eyes for you. You have nothing to worry about." He reached across the table for her hand and kissed it.
"Ok. I believe you." She gave him an unsure smile. Sophie came back.
"Did ya'll kiss and make up?"
"Yes we are ok." Nick reassured Sophie. Mandy brought their drinks out.
"Are we ready to order?" Nick looked at the girls.
"Yes. I want the T-Bone steak with my eggs scrambled."
"How would you like your steak cooked?"
"Medium."
"I just want the Sausage, eggs, and hash browns plate. With the side pancakes."
"Nick what would you like?"
"I want the Cheese and Bacon omelette." Mandy took the menus and walked to the back to place the order. While they are waiting, Nick pulls out his iPhone 6 Plus and gets on his twitter. He found a link to a video of his performance. He watched it. "I love the look on your face when you were singing along."
"I may be your girlfriend, but I am your biggest fan too."
"I know baby. And I love that about you." Their food was brought out. Nissa tore that steak up. Nick looked at her in disbelief.
"What?! I was starving." Nick smiled. They finished their meals. Mandy brought the bill to the table. She had written her phone number on it. Nissa grabbed the bill and went up to pay. "So, this is really tacky."
"Why do you say that. As far as I know he's single. That's why I gave him my number. And even if he was with you two arm candies, if he is still the same man I use to know, it wouldn't matter anyway. The more girls the better he is."
"I got news for you. He is exclusively with me. We are not his arm candy. And he is not that man anymore. So next time you feel like writing your phone number on a bill, you might want to get your facts straight. Because next time you won't be so lucky. Next time you might get a ghetto hood rat that won't hesitate kicking your ass."
"Baby I would've gotten that ticket." He said as he walked up to the counter, placing his hand on the small of her back.
"It's ok baby. We can go now."
"Bye Mandy. It was good to see you again." That comment rubbed Nissa the wrong way. Sophie the quiet one looked at Nissa, waiting to see what she was gonna do. Nissa walked out and got in the limo. Nick went after her. "Babe, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm fine."
"Ok. I'll leave you alone." They rode back to the hotel in silence. When they got back to the suite, Nick took a shower then he laid down and got on his phone. Nissa and Sophie un-glamorized and chit chatted.
"Nissa, what are you doing to him?"
"What do you mean?"
"He obviously loves you..."
"So why did he say that it was good to see her again?"
"It's a saying. He didn't mean it like you think he did."
"It seems like he did. Especially if I had just mentioned that people will always have some sort of feeling towards their first love. Even if things ended bad."
"Nissa, no. You need to stop that. You're gonna push him away. Let me tell you something. Nick was always known for pushing people away when he started feeling happy. Why? Because he was screwed up enough to believe that he didn't deserve to be happy. That if he was happy, it was gonna go bad no matter what he did. So he preferred to let go of the person before he got hurt. He loves you enough to risk getting hurt to be with you. And you are doing the same thing. You have such an amazing man and you're pushing him away..."
"I know you're right. But..."
"No buts. Enough is enough. No man would do any of what he's done for you." Nissa stood in front of the mirror removing her makeup. Sophie was done so she went to bed. Nissa thought hard about what she said. She was right. Nick was making himself emotionally vulnerable just to be with her. He was finally happy and he wasn't trying to run away. When she got done, Nick was fast asleep. Laying on his stomach. She laid next to him and kissed his shoulder. Then laid her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arm around him. He was so comfortable to her.
The following morning Nissa woke up to Sophie getting ready to leave. Nick was nowhere to be seen.
"Happy Birthday, Nissa!!!!!!" Sophie jumped on the bed to hug her.
"Thank you. It's gonna be very bittersweet."
"Why?"
"You are leaving me." She pouted her lips.
"I'm sorry."
"It's OK. I'm just happy that you came out and hung out with me yesterday." Sophie hugged her. Just then Nick walked in.
"Sophie you ready? Oh hey baby girl. Good morning."
"Good Morning."
"Yes I'm ready."
"OK. I'm gonna drive Soph to the airport. I will be back soon."
"Alright." He kissed her. "I love you."
"I love you too, Gummy Bear."
"I love you, Sophie. I'm gonna miss you."
"I will miss you too." Nissa hugged her once more. Nick and Sophie headed out. Nissa laid back down. Nacho jumped in bed with her and rested his head on her tummy. She fell asleep rubbing on Nacho's head. Nick came back and decided to let her sleep. So he made a phone call to Alfonso.
"Hello Alfonso. This is Nick Carter. I was wondering if it arrived yet?"
"Yes Mr. Carter, it has arrived. All you have to do is come in and claim it."
"Thank you so much. I'll make sure you get a hefty commission."
"Thank you so much, Mr. Carter." Once he got off the phone, he packed all their things. All those times that he was sleeping around, he acquired a talent of gathering his things very silently and leaving before the girl woke up. He finished up without waking Nissa or Nacho up and he sat down and got on his phone. He took the time to troll and tease his fans as he's accustomed to do.
Nissa woke up with Nacho breathing in her face. "Dawg, you need a breath mint." Nick smiled the moment he heard her.
"Hey Gummy Bear. How did you sleep?"
"I slept well. Listen, I'm sorry about last night..."
"It's alright. Don't worry." He kissed her. "So I have something planned for you today."
"Ooooh, what is it?"
"I'm not telling."
"Oh come on. At least tell me how I need to dress."
"Semi casual."
"OK, I've got just the thing. When are we going?"
"Around 3."
"OK. Let's go for a walk on the beach."
"Yeah that would be fun." Nissa put on pants and a t-shirt. Then all three of them headed out. The moment Nacho walked on the sand, he ran off. Nissa giggled as she rested her head on Nick's arm. Nick was so happy to see them both so happy too.
They spent the whole morning on the beach. They they went back to the suite to get ready.
"You look beautiful." He kissed her cheek.
"Thank you baby." They gathered their things that Nick had packed up earlier. He checked them out of the suite. They got in the car and Nick drove to a store called Aquarius. "What's this?"
"This is part of the surprise."
"OK." Nissa was getting excited. They walked in and her jaw dropped. There were all kinds of fish everywhere. "Nick, why are we here? This place is amazing." Nick directed her to a section where they had all the exotic salt water Fish, including starfish, clown fish, jelly fish and many others.
"I want you to pick out Starry and Knight." He instructed her, pointing in the direction of the Seahorses.
"Nicky?!! Really?!!!! You're not joking?" Nissa looked at him with an excitement he had never seen in her before.
"No baby. It's not a joke. This is your birthday present." She jumped in his arms. When she got done, he saw tears in her eyes. "What's wrong my love?"
"I never dreamed that I could have one. I thought that a seahorse couldn't be a pet. Oh my God. I'm so excited." Nick smiled. "Thank you so much." She said as she wiped a tear that escaped down her cheek.
"You're welcome baby." Nissa went to every tank holding the seahorses. She stopped at one where there was a female that was almost a metallic blue. She also noticed that where ever the female went there was a particular male that followed her.
"There they are. Starry and Knight." Nick inspected them.
"Are you sure?"
"YES! She's beautiful and he's her soul mate. You can tell."
"Alright baby." Nick got an associate. "She would like these two."
"Yes sir." The associate wrote down which ones they had picked out. "Now, will you be needing a tank and accessories?"
"Yes we will."
"Alright, if you follow me, I will show you everything you will need to properly take care of them." The associate took them around. They spent almost an hour in there. Finally they went to check out.
"I want all this delivered to my house at this address in exactly one week. Now, when it's delivered will someone put it together?"
"Yes we do put them together. That way our customers are sure that it's done right."
"Great!" Nick paid the man. while Nissa took another look at Starry and Knight. Nick found her. He hugged her from behind. "Do you like your present?"
"Do I like it? I love it! Thank you so much." She turned to face him and kissed him. He noticed that she had been crying again. When their lips parted he wiped her tears away with his thumb.
"What is it, baby girl?"
"I'm so happy. And I'm also beating myself up."
"Why?"
"I treat you so bad, and you're so good to me. I don't mean to be the bitch I've been."
"Baby, being a relationship with a musician is never easy. And to make matters worse, with a broken musician like me. I need to confess something. I feel my heart healing. I feel my soul snapping back into place. And it's because of you. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. And I don't want to lose that. Promise me that you will not give up on us easy. Promise me you will fight for us like I will."
"I promise." He cupped her face with his hands and pulled her in for a kiss.
"I love you, Gummy Bear."
"I love you too."
"Now we have to go. Or we will miss our flight."
"Flight?"
"Yep. We are headed to LAX right now."
"What about your car?"
"I'm gonna leave it in the parking lot."
"OK." They made the drive to Los Angeles. Nick told Nissa that he was hungry so they made a pit stop at this little cafe in downtown Los Angeles.
"I have to go to the car real quick." He told her, while they waited for their food.
"OK baby." Nick made his way out the door and instead of going to his car. He walked to the store next door.
"Hello. I would like to speak to Alfonso please."
"Yes sir. Let me go get him." Alfonso came right out.
"Hello sir, how may I help you?"
"I'm here to pick up the order for Nick Carter."
"You must be Mr. Carter?"
"Yes, I am."
"Nice to finally meet you." They shook hands. "For safety and confidentiality, I must see 2 forms of identification."
"Of course." Nick pulled out his driver’s license and his passport.
"Excellent, Mr. Carter. If you give me a moment, I will get your item."
"Thank you very much, Alfonso." Alfonso went back to the safe and removed Nick's item. He immediately came out to Nick.
"Here it is, Mr. Carter. Inspect it. And let me know if you are satisfied." Nick did.
"Wow. It's beautiful. She will love it."
"Great!" Alfonso wrapped it up. Nick payed for it.
"Here's a little something for your service and discretion." Nick handed him $1,000.
"Thank you, Mr. Carter. It was my pleasure. I'm a huge fan of Ms. Sohma's. And as a fan, I want her to be happy."
"You didn't hear it from me, but we are having a late lunch next door." Nick winked at him. Alfonso grinned. "Also can I speak to your boss?"
"Well he's not here at the moment, but I can give him a call."
"Please do. It's very important." Alfonso called his boss and informed him that a customer wanted to speak with him. Then he put Nick on the phone. "Hello Mr. Ismay, I am Nick Carter and I just made a purchase in your store."
"Hello, Mr. Carter. We definitely appreciate your business. Is there something wrong. Were treated well?"
"Oh Yes. I just wanted to inform you that Alfonso went above and beyond in getting me what I needed. He searched, and got it here in time. And all the while he was doing so, he was giving me progress reports. I really appreciate everything."
"That is great, Mr. Carter. I will make sure that he is rewarded for his excellent work. Thank you for taking the time and letting me know."
"You're welcome." Nick got off the phone. Then he turned to Alfonso and shook his hand. "Thank you so much."
"You're welcome, Mr. Carter."
"Change of plans. You are coming with me."
"Alright." Alfonso instructed the other employees that he would be back. They walked over to Nick's car and put the purchase in his suitcase in the trunk. Then he walked over to Nacho that was tied in a doggy cooling center in front of the cafe. He pet him. Then he went in with Alfonso.
"Hey baby girl, I want you to meet Alfonso. He is a big fan of yours. I ran into him coming back in. I figured he could meet you." Nissa stood up to hug Alfonso.
"How are you?"
"I'm great now that I'm meeting you."
"Aww you are too sweet."
"Can I get a picture and an autograph?"
"Well of course." Nick took Alfonso's phone and went into shutterbug mode. He snapped at least 15 pictures.
"Nick give the man his phone."
"Oh sorry." They all laughed. Nissa signed a napkin and handed it to Alfonso.
"I love your story. The one that you've been posting on your site."
"Really? It's just a fan fiction of this one." She motioned towards Nick.
"So. It's well written. Have you thought of writing a book?"
"Yes actually. I started writing about life with my mom, and how it's been after she passed. I'm several chapters away from finishing it."
"That's great!!!!! I can't wait." Just then the waitress brought out their food. "Well I'll let you guys be. It was great meeting you both."
"Likewise." Nissa hugged him. Nick shook his hand once more. Then he made his way out. "He was so sweet."
"Yes he was." They ate their lunch. And made their way to the airport. They boarded the plane within minutes of arriving. "OK, Nacho. You must behave." Nick told him as he put him in his seat. Nissa sat by the window and Nick sat in the aisle seat. Nacho sitting in the middle seat between them.
"Where are we going by the way?"
"We are headed to Springfield. I wanted to visit your parents graves."
"Um Ok."
Nick was too excited to arrive. Nissa and Nacho took a nap and Nick watched a movie on his iPad. To him it seemed like the longest flight ever. And he had been in very long flights.
They finally landed at Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut. They got out of the plane grabbed their stuff and he rented a car. And then they drove to Springfield. Nissa was surprised at his rushing. She had never seen him this hyper. Not even when he was doing the photo shoot with Christina Ricci.
"Baby, my parents aren't going anywhere."
"That's not funny."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Why?"
"Just wondering." They arrived to downtown Springfield. He was headed to the Sheraton hotel. They let the valet park the car. Nick checked them in to a suite. As they were headed to the elevator, Nacho started acting up. Nissa picked him up. "Are you sure you are not a cat? Scaredy Cat." Nacho jumped out of her arms as if to say, I'll show you who is a Scaredy Cat. He strutted his way into the elevator. Nick and Nissa were right behind him. Nick laughed. The doors closed and Nick pulled Nissa to him as always. "Ooh baby" Nissa smiled. Nick kissed the spot on her neck that drove her crazy. Her lips found their way to his lips as if they had a mind of their own. He was leaning against the wall and she was leaning against him. His legs were slightly spread so she can fit closer to him. His hands were on her hips, holding her in place. She had put her hands on his face as she kissed him. They parted their lips just so she could come up for air. "What is it with you and elevators?"
"If I may remind you, I just kissed your neck. You went for the kiss. And you can't blame a guy for loving your kisses." Nissa grinned. The elevator dinged. They had arrived to their floor. Nacho led the way. But he went the opposite way. "Nacho Marie, where do you think you are going?" He looked back at Nick. And he hesitantly followed Nick. They got to the suite.
"This is really nice."
"Yes it is." Nissa settled them in as she always does. She then went to freshen up because she knew they were headed out to dinner. Nick took a quick nap while she freshen up.

"Nick, you have come a long way."
"What do you mean, Mr. Hernandez?"
"Call me Jeff please. I never thought you would be ready." He laughed. Making fun of Nick.
"I love her so much. I just...I can't do this anymore. I can't keep living this long distance relationship." Just then Jazmine showed up out of thin air.
"Well, Nicky we give you our blessing..."
"Baby." He could hear Nissa's voice calling him in the distance. "Baby, wake up. I'm hungry." Nissa saw a grin on his face but he wouldn't wake up. "Carter!!! Don't make me push you off the bed!" Nick woke up.
"OK OK OK, I'm up." He went to get ready.
"Nacho, have you noticed your daddy is acting strange lately?" Nacho nodded in agreement. Nick came out of the bathroom.
"I am not!" Nissa looked at Nacho and laughed.
"Whatever." He grabbed the keys to the car.
"Are you coming?" He asked Nissa.
"Yes. What is your hurry?"
"I'm starving!" they made their way out. He headed to Red Rose Pizzeria. The restaurant they went to when her father brought her Springfield. Nick was really antsy. He couldn't stop bouncing his leg and looking around like someone was after him.
"I swear to God, Nick if you don't stop I'm gonna tie you to the chair. You're making me very anxious."
"I'm sorry. I'll try to relax." He calmed down a little. They ate until they couldn't fit anymore in their stomachs. Then he payed the bill and they headed out. After driving several minutes, Nissa noticed that Nick took a wrong turn.
"Where are you going? The cemetery is that way."
"I have to make a stop before we go there."
"Um, Ok." She said very confused. Where could he possibly going. As they got closer to his destination, she realized where they were going. "You are too sweet. Is this gonna be a tradition we are gonna start?"
"What?"
"Coming to visit the tree every time we are in town?"
"Yes. It's part of you." He parked the car and they walked over to the tree. He then took out a pocket knife and he carved that day's date. Nissa looked at him with a puzzled look. He then held her hands in his. "Nissa, when you met me I was past the whole sleeping around and being the bad boy every one was accustomed to but I had resigned myself to a bachelor life..."
"Baby, I..." He put his finger on her lips to shush her. He then kissed her.
"But the more I let you into my heart, the more hope I got. And like I told you before, I could feel my heart and soul healing. But every time you'd go home and left me alone, I wasn't complete. The longer you were gone, the more I felt like a baby deer learning how to walk. That's how I knew that you were the one." He let go of her hand and pulled out a little box. He got on one knee. Nissa put her hand on his shoulder.
"Baby?..." She got teary eyed.
"Gummy bear, if you'll have me, broken and all, will you be my wife and soul mate?" Nick opened the little box and exposed her mother's engagement ring.
"Oh baby. I don't care if you're broken as long as you're mine. Of course I will be your wife. I can't see myself with anyone else." At that point Nissa was crying. Nick got up and wiped her tears away. He then put the ring on her finger. She hugged him so tight.
"I love you so much! You've made me the happiest man in the world."
"I can't believe you kept your promise to my dad. Thank you." She looked at the ring. She then kissed Nick. He then walked over to the tree again. He carved under the date, 'She said YES!' Nissa smiled. Then he pulled another box. That one was bigger.
"I also wanted to give you something new from me. So several months ago, I contacted Alfonso to see if he could find this for me." He opened up the box to expose an exact replica of the 'Heart of The Ocean' from the Titanic Movie. It took Nissa's breath away.
"Baby, this is exquisite. Is it real?"
"Yes, those are all diamonds. Except in the movie it's a blue Diamond and this one is a Sapphire, since that is your birthstone."
"This must have cost you a fortune."
"My love for you has no price." Nissa hugged him once more and she burst in tears again. Nick held her.
"You don't like it?"
"I love it. I'm happy. I'm so happy that my body can't contain it." Nick hugged her. She felt a cold chill wrap around them. "My parents are here."
"Yeah, I felt that." They enjoyed the moment a little longer. They watched the sun set like they always did every chance they got.
"We better head out before the mosquitoes eat me alive."
"Yes. I still don't get why they don't attack me but you get badly eaten."
"Well my dear Nick. As you already know, I taste yummy." Nick laughed.
"That you are right about." He kissed her. He held her hand all the way to the car. On the way to the hotel, Nick looked over at Nissa. He then grabbed her hand and kissed it. Asking Nissa to marry him was a very proud moment for him. He kept glancing at her until she finally caught him.
"What is it baby?"
"I'm just so happy. I'm happy to be here with you. I'm happy about today. I'm looking forward to our future together."
"Baby, I know how you feel!" They finally made it to the hotel. When they made it to their floor, Nissa stood on a balcony overlooking the center of the hotel. Below them was the lobby and above them was a humongous crystal chandelier. It reminded her of the Grand Staircase in the Titanic. She stretched her hand out over the rail and pointed her phone at it trying to capture her engagement ring and the chandelier in the background. She snapped a photo. She then posted it on Instagram captioning it, 'The beginning of a new chapter with my love! I love you @BoyBanderNik!' Then Nick pulled out his phone and pulled Nissa by the waist. Nissa knowing that he was gonna snap a selfie with her, rested her ring hand on his chest and rested her face against his. He made sure the chandelier was behind them. Then he snapped the picture. Posting it on Instagram and captioning it 'Can't wait to see what happens next with my love, @NissaSohma and me. #Excited #ForeverLove'
I Promise You by Sheila Valerie
Nick pushed Nissa against the hall wall. He couldn't keep his lips off of her. He wanted to devour her. He worked his hand down her thigh and lifted her leg level to his thigh. Nissa kissed him just as passionately. He set her down and they walked hand in hand to their suite. But as soon as they got to the door, Nissa pushed him against it. She put her hand up his shirt, feeling his chest. She pushed herself up on her toes and kissed along his jawline, and neck. Nick's hands were on her hips. He gave them a squeeze ever so often in approval of her little moves. And when he didn't expect it, Nissa stuck her hand in his pocket. He let out a loud moan as he leaned his head back against the door.
"Easy, Carter. I'm just getting the key card out of your pocket." He was surprisingly disappointed. Nissa opened the door. He picked her up as she giggled. "Baby, you're supposed to wait till our wedding night to walk me through the threshold."
"I know but I want you so bad at the moment that I have to prevent you from making up any excuse to get out of it." Nissa smiled and stole a kiss as he threw her on the bed. He took his shirt off as he kissed her.
"Is this your way of celebrating our engagement?" She asked between kisses.
"Yes!" Nick pinned her hands on the bed and kissed her lips. Then he made his way to her neck. Her body wanted him to touch her. Her legs wrapped around him like if they had a mind of their own. She tightened them to keep him in place. Him being hard felt good to her. She retaliated by thrusting her pelvis against his, making him feel so good that his grip on her hands loosened up. She took advantage of that, getting out of his grip and grabbing his face. She kissed him while running her fingers through his hair. He bit her neck taking her by surprise. She let out a tiny scream, startling Nacho. He started barking. "Nacho, shut up!" Nick yelled at him. "Daddy's not hurting her. Go lay down." Nissa started laughing hysterically. "Oh come on baby girl." She couldn't stop laughing. She laughed so hard that she let out a snort, making Nick laugh.
"I can't believe he thought you were hurting me." She laughed some more. Nick got off of her.
"Yeah I guess it was funny." Nick laid next to her. He turned to Nacho. "Way to ruin the moment, pug." Nacho snorted and laid back down in his bed. Nissa laughed herself to sleep. Nick looked at her and smiled. He got up and tucked her in. He laid back down next to her. He kissed her forehead. "I love you so much, Gummy Bear." It didn't take him long to fall asleep.
The following morning, Nissa woke up before he did. She knew that he was so tired. So she let him sleep and headed out to her parents' graves. It was mid-morning. And there was an early fall breeze. Nissa loved the fall season. To her fall meant Halloween, fires, hoodies and cozy walks in the parks while the color-changing leaves fell out of the trees. Nissa stopped at a local flower shop on Main Street, Langone's. She picked up 2 custom made bouquets. One for each parent in their favorite colors and flowers. Then she made her way to the cemetery. Once she got there, she walked over to their graves enjoying the beautiful weather that she was accustomed to at this time of year. "Hey mom and dad. It's been a while. Well, actually Nick and I felt you guys last night at the tree. Thank you for sharing that moment with us. I'm the happiest and luckiest girl in this whole world. I mean who knew that I'd be getting married, let alone to my favorite singer. What were the chances on that happening? I bet you had something to do with it, Mom. Dad, aren't you glad that he honored your wishes. I had completely forgotten that he had mom's rings. But he gave it to me. And not only that, he gave me 'The Heart of The Ocean'. The fact that he went through all the trouble in finding it and paying god knows how much for it means that he must love me. I can also tell by the way he kisses me. The way that he looks at me. The way that he holds me. I've never felt so safe. He goes out of his way to take care of me. I just hope that I will be able to take care of him too. I will try my best to love him and take care of him." She cleaned up their stones and around the grave area. She then removed the wilted roses she had left there last time and put the new flowers in. She then sat down between them. "I wish you guys were here to tell me what to do. I was so little when you left me mom that I never got to see what a marriage looks like. All I have is everything you told me, dad. Other than that, I'm probably gonna have to wing it. I'll be OK. Now I have to worry about planning a wedding from Maine. Traveling back and forth to California. I'm gonna be so exhausted that I might pass out at the altar...Nah. I'll be OK. I’m a Sohma and I'm a Hernandez. I got this. I promise that I won't sell the house. I can't part with it. That's pretty much my childhood home. Too many memories there." She sat there for another 2 hours, just chatting with her parents. She was interrupted by her phone. "Hey baby."
"Good morning, baby girl. What are you up to?"
"Nothing, I'm just here with my parents. You?"
"I just got back from walking Nacho. Are you coming back soon?"
"Yes baby. I'll be there in 15 minutes."
"You don't have to rush. I was just wondering."
"It's ok. I've been here long."
"Alright then. I'll see you soon." Nissa turned around and noticed a man hiding behind a tree and he had a camera. She decided to sneak behind him and scaring him.
"Were you taking my picture?"
"Yes." He said very pleased with himself.
"Well um...do you have a name?"
"Yes it's Carl."
"Ok Carl, I'm a very reasonable person. I don't mind you taking my picture, but when you do it while I'm having a private moment with my parents we have issues..." Nissa took his camera out of his hand and opened the memory card slot. She removed it and snapped the little card into pieces. "Now if you will excuse me, I have somewhere to be." He was baffled. He couldn't believe that meek Nissa Sohma had balls to do such a thing.
Nissa got back in the car and made her way back to the hotel. When she arrived she was greeted by Nacho. Apparently Nick had gone to the gym. So she decided to call Sophie.
"Hey girl first off, congrats on your engagement. It's all over the news."
"Thank you."
"So have you set a date?"
"No we haven't talked about it yet. I do want to ask you to be my Maid of Honor."
"Of course. I'm honored to be your Maid of Honor."
"I'm so glad you agreed to it."
"I wouldn't miss this moment for the world." Nissa heard the beep from the key card. Nick walked in. He was sweaty from his workout. His hair slicked back. She looked up at him as he walked in and Nacho ran to him. "How is Nick feeling about all this?"
"He's so happy."
"Is that Sophie?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Tell her I said hi."
"Hey Nick." She had heard him.
"She says hi back. Well girl I will let you go. As soon as we have a talk about the date, I will give you a call."
"OK. I'll be waiting. I can't wait! I'm too excited."
"Me too." They hang up. Then she turns to Nick, who was sitting on the edge of the bed playing tug 'o' war with Nacho. "Had a good work out?"
"Yes. I feel so energized right now."
"I'm glad. So I asked Sophie to be my Maid of Honor."
"I knew you would. What did she say?"
“She said YES!"
"Perfect!!!!!!"
"Who are you gonna ask to be your best man?"
"Jake, of course."
"OK. Sounds good. I have so many ideas running through my head, I feel my head spinning so bad."
"Baby girl, there's so many things we need to sit and talk about, and then we can get everything in motion."
"I know baby."
"Let me take a shower and then we can head back to Maine. We will talk on the way there."
"OK baby sounds like a plan." Nick got in the shower. Nissa got her iPad out and started looking at wedding dresses. She found several different designs that she liked. But she realized that Nick was right, they needed to decided several things before they could make other decisions. She got off the iPad and gathered all their things. That way all they had to do was eat lunch and head out. She was just getting done when Nick came out wearing nothing but his jeans. "Damn baby. You are making me want to be bad." Nick smirked.
"Well you owe me. Miss I laughed myself to sleep." She kissed him. She then pulled a shirt from his bag and threw it at him.
"Here. Because you are not walking out like this."
"And why not?"
"That's for me to see only." Nick smiled.
"OK then." He put on his shirt. Then they gathered everything and checked out. They headed out to Red Rose for lunch. Once they got there, they were seated. They ordered a pizza. "So baby girl, about the wedding planning. You have all reigns on it. I want you to have the day of your dreams. No matter how much it costs."
"Baby, I will be putting money in too. And it's our day. I will always run things through with you. I won't make any decisions until I get your opinion."
"If that is what you would like to do, then I'm on board with that plan. First thing's first, our wedding date. I'm thinking a year or so from now. What are you thinking about a date?"
"Well I've always wanted a fall wedding. And we both love Halloween, so definitely October."
"What a great idea. I know though that Halloween falls on a Tuesday, so that would not be good for our guest."
"Well I've always thought that the number 21 was lucky. How about October 21 of next year?"
"Yeah, I like that. That falls on a Saturday."
"I wanted to ask you. I know this is really weird and crazy."
"Baby, ask away."
"Do you think that we could have the ceremony at my parents' grave at sunset?"
"I don't think that's crazy. I think it would be perfect. Celebrating with your parents and it'd be great for pictures. With the leaves falling and the sun setting. You name it. I think it would be great. We'd have to call to see if they would be cool with us doing that." The pizza was brought out. They were eating peacefully when they were photographed. The person then posted the photo all over the internet, captioning it 'Nick Carter and Nissa Sohma in blissful state post engagement proposal.' At that moment nothing mattered to Nick and Nissa. It was like they were the only ones in the room in the world. Nick was so in love with this girl. He didn't know what he did to deserve her. Nissa couldn't believe that she was engaged to the man that she idolized since she was little. The one she never thought she'd ever meet. And what made it even better was that it felt like it was meant to be. It felt real.
They finished their lunch and got in the car. They made their way to Maine. Once they got really going on the road they continued their wedding planning conversation.
"Are you gonna get a wedding planner?"
"No. Sophie and I have dreamed about planning each other's weddings."
"As long as you don't get stressed out. The moment I see that you are becoming a bridezilla, I will hire someone."
"I will be OK. Are you excited?"
"Are you kidding baby? I'm getting married to my best friend. What more could I ask for?" He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "You know? I'm surprised we haven't received any phone calls."
"I know." As soon as Nissa validated his thought, Nick's phone rang. Nissa smiled and rolled her eyes.
"Hey T-Man."
"Hey Nick. What is this I hear that you are engaged?" Nick looked at Nissa proudly.
"Yes. I proposed to her last night."
"Well I'm very happy for both of you. Have you set a date?"
"Yes we have. October 21st of next year."
"Great! I will put that in the calendar. That way nothing gets scheduled on the same day."
"OK."
"Well I just called to congratulate you guys. I will let you go. By the way, when you get back I need to meet with you because I got some calls for some projects for you."
"OK. I'll call you when I get back to LA."
"Great. I'll be waiting for your call."
"I guess I should call my crew." Nissa informed him as he hung up with Travis. She dialed Norma's number.
"Nissa!!!!!" Norma happily squealed. "Patsy it's Nissa." She shouted at Patsy. Nissa laughed. She put them on speaker phone so Nick could hear them too.
"How are you guys?"
"We are doing great! We miss you."
"I miss you guys too.
"Hey Nissa." She heard Patsy say.
"Hey Patsy. So I'm calling because I have extremely good news."
"Really? You finished the book and sold millions already?"
"Nope."
"You're pregnant?"
"No! Are you crazy?"
"OK. We give up."
"Here goes. Nick and I are getting married."
"Whaaat???!!! Are you for real?"
"Yes, she is for real." Nick chimed in.
"Oh you guys. That is great!!!!!"
"Did you give her the ring?"
"Yes I did."
"And he gave me an exact replica of ‘The Heart of The Ocean’ from Titanic…"
"Wow! You guys. We couldn't be happier for you. Have you chosen a date?"
"October 21st of next year."
"Good. I won't plan anything for that day."
"Awesome. Well I will let you guys go. I will keep you posted with everything."
"OK sweet girl. We love you guys."
"We love you too." Nissa ended the call. They had several hours to go. Nick once again grabbed her hand and kissed it. Still holding it he laid them down on the console between the seats. Nissa snapped a picture and posted it on Instagram. "I will hold your hand forever." The moment it was posted, she had 2 to 3 hundred likes. She couldn't be happier that his fans liked her. Although she knew that there would be many anti Nissa fans, she didn't care anymore. She loved him to pieces and nothing would change that.
"OK so how many from your family are you inviting?"
"The boys and their families. Both my parents are dead so unless they can come out on the 21st instead of the 31st for a zombie party then they aren't coming."
"Nick you're such a smartass." He laughed.
"It's the truth."
"I know. How about your brother and sisters?"
"I will invite them. Whether they come or not is up to them."
"I think this is gonna be an intimate affair with a small guest list. And I would prefer that than a star studded event."
"That's what I would prefer too."
"Good. I have to call Eric that way he can make plans in advance to come home."
"I have to talk to the boys. I think I'm gonna have a get together when I go back home."
"That's a good idea. Would you need me there?"
"No baby girl. I'm just gonna have a guy’s night."
"OK."
"Baby. What are you planning to do with the house?" Nick asked, breaking the silence.
"Live in it until we get married. Why do you ask?"
"Because I want you to move in with me right now."
"Oh really?"
"Yes baby girl. I want you to be with me all the time."
"I'd like that too!"
"So are you gonna sell it?"
"No. I'll rent it out. That's the house I grew up in. I also want to turn Whippstaff Manor into a Bed and Breakfast. Only open it during the fall since that's when Maine gets all the tourists."
"Oh that would be such an awesome thing to do with it. You are gonna have so much going on this year. Are you sure you don't want to hire a wedding planner?"
"Just to please you, I will consider it." Nissa leaned in for a kiss. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."
"Me either, Gummy Bear." Nissa decided that she needed to put her B and B plan in motion immediately. So she called Jolene, her Estate lawyer. Jolene had been taking care of all Jazmine's estate matters. And when Nissa inherited everything that belonged to Jazmine, she also inherited Jolene.
"Hi, you have reached Jolene Martin. I can't come to the phone at the moment. Please leave your name and number I can reach you and I will get back to you as soon as possible."
"Hey Jolene, this is Nissa calling. I just had an idea that I wanted to run by you. Please call me back. My number is the same. Thank you." The longer into Maine they drove, the colorful it was. Fall had just begun and all the leaves were an orange-yellow-brown palette. Nissa's favorite. She fell into deep thought. She was thinking about how much she was gonna miss the sweater weather. Bonfires with her friends. Friends that had moved on to better things outside of Friendship. She couldn't understand why she was feeling the way she was. Nick noticed that Nissa was distant at that moment.
"What's wrong baby girl?"
"I'm gonna miss this." She looked out the window.
"Baby, you will be coming back. You have to see the B and B open every fall. And besides that you can come anytime you want." Nick reassured her.
"You're right. Everything will be great." They pulled in her driveway. Nissa opened her door forgetting that Nacho was loose in the backseat. He jumped out. Nick got out of the car as fast as he could.
"Nacho, damn it! Stop right there! Don't move a muscle!" Nick ran around the front of the car where Nacho had come to a stop. "Don't do that again. You're gonna give daddy a heart attack."
"I'm sorry. I forgot to wait."
"It's OK baby. He knew better." Nick shot a nasty look at Nacho. Nacho whimpered. "Don't look at me like that. I don't know what I would do if I lost you." Nissa had never seen that side of Nick before. She knew he had a soft spot for Nacho, but she didn't know exactly how he felt about him. She opened the door and Nacho darted inside, sniffing everything. He was greeted by a little hairless cat. The moment he saw her, he ran back to Nick and looked at Nissa like 'What the fuck is that?' Nick couldn't stop laughing at Nacho's reaction.
"Hey Nicky Marie." Nissa picked her up as she purred her little heart out. Nicky Marie was so happy to see Nissa.
"You didn't tell me you had a cat."
"I forgot to tell you. I got her when I got back from dad's funeral. I found the house to be so silent. I needed a little noise."
"Who has been taking care of her?" Nick asked as he took Nicky Marie into his arms.
"Little Tammy Wilson, across the street would come every night to feed her and clean her litter box."
"And she did this willingly?" Nissa smiled, knowing where Nick was going with that.
"I was paying her. Which, I have to run over there real quick." Nissa ran across the street. She knocked on the door.
"Nissa! How are you?"
"I'm good, Mrs. Wilson. I just wanted to let you know that I'm home. Thank you so much for taking care of Nicky Marie."
"Oh it wasn't any trouble. I rather make sure that she was alright and make sure everything was tip top shape at your place."
"Thank you so much. Is Tammy in school?"
"Yes. As a matter of fact school started today."
"Oh that's great!"
"I'll be sure to let her know you are home."
"Please do."
"OK Nissa."
"See you later." Nissa hugged Mrs. Wilson.
"Bye darling." Nissa made it back to her house. She found Nick sitting on the couch with Nicky Marie curled up in his lap and Nacho by his side. He was watching the local news. They were reporting that Nissa had come back home with Nick. They were also making fun of Nick for running around with Nacho.
"Sheeesh, I don't get a break. They know my every move."
"Baby girl. This is nothing. The more you become famous, the more they will know. They will know when you eat, where you sleep, how many times you take a shit, you name it they will know. Fans are on top of things. I'm pretty sure you were like that."
"Wrong, Carter! All I knew is that you were human and that you too deserved some privacy."
"I'm glad you think that way." She leaned over and kissed his left temple. Her phone rang just as she was about to walk into the kitchen.
"Hello?"
"Hey Nissa. It's Jolene. I was just returning your phone call."
“Hi. I'm so glad you did."
"So when a great Sohma has an idea, it's always epic. What do you have in mind?"
"Well, you know how Whipstaff Manor is part of my estate?"
"Yes."
"I was thinking, how about if we turn it into a bed and breakfast?"
"I like that idea. We'd have to get all the necessary permits and upgrade it."
"Can you take care of all that for me? Hire the necessary people to get it down. I want to open up next fall."
"I think it can be down."
"Great! Thank you so much!"
"You're welcome. I'll get on it as soon as possible and I'll call you for the final OK's."
"Great. I'm so excited about this." They hang up and Nissa goes into the living room where Nick was still sitting with Nicky Marie and Nacho. "Guess what babe?"
"What my love?" He looked away from the TV at her."
"That was Jolene. She thinks it's a great idea and she's gonna get the project going as soon as possible."
"Excellent. Let me know in anything I can help with."
"I will baby." She kissed him on his head and made her way upstairs to unpack her things. Nick's phone rang. He didn't recognize the number so he answered to see who it was.
"Hello?"
"Hey Nick. How are you?"
"Mandy?! How'd you get my number?"
"I still got connections."
"Of course you do." He quietly yelled into his phone. "What's wrong? Why did you call?"
"Seeing you the other night brought back so many memories. It made me think of how good we had it."
"Yeah but you screwed it all up. I would've given you everything you asked for. I would've loved you. But you decided to use me for a record deal and fucked my best friend."
"Nick, I know I messed up. But I've changed since then."
"I'm pretty sure you have. I can't get with you. I have Nissa. I love her. We are about to get married. You and I can only be friends. You need me, you can call. But that is it for us."
"I understand."
"I have to go." Nick hung up as fast as he could. He heard Nissa coming.
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"Just wondering. I thought I heard you talking to someone."
"Yeah. Nacho, he was growling at Nicky Marie."
"Oh Ok. So are you going back tonight or are you staying with me a little longer?"
"I'll let you make that decision."
"Wouldn't Travis get mad if I ask you to stay?"
"Baby, all my life I was jumping from project to project. Sometimes working on several ones at the same time. For once, I feel like I can relax. Take a break here and there. Because one thing is for sure. The more the fans wait, the more antsy and excited they get about my projects." Nissa laughed. She knew he was right about the fans getting anxious for his projects and all.
"OK baby. Then please can you stay another day?"
"Of course I will. But I do have to go back tomorrow because I have to meet with Travis and I also have to get together with the boys. So I can officially tell them about out engagement. Oh and we can’t forget about Starry and Knight. They are supposed to be delivered the day after tomorrow.”
“How could I forget about my new babies.”
“I know. You should come with me and stay there."
"You know I would without hesitation. But I have so many things to get done. With renting out the house, getting the B and B ready for next fall, and the wedding. I don't know how I'm gonna do it all. Luckily, I have so much help."
"Remember if you get overwhelmed, we can hire as many people as you need."
"Thank you. And as soon as I rent out the house, I can move in with you. Everything else can be done over the phone or I can just fly out."
"Good." He got up slowly to not disturb Nacho and Nicky Marie. He walked to her. He cupped her face and kissed her. Her nails gently grazed the back of his neck making Nick moan softly. She smirked and whispered in his ear,
"I wanna do something naughty to you." He stared at her and grinned.
"Oh yeah? What did you have in mind?" She seductively bit her bottom lip as she uttered,
"You'll see." Nissa slowly pulled away from him, and gently pulled his t-shirt off. She kissed his lips once more. She parted from his lips and kissed his chin. Making her way to his neck. Every time she would rest her tender lips on his neck he would lean into them. He would moan softly and dig his fingers into her hips in approval. She could feel him hard against her pelvis. She ran her hands slowly up and down his chest, kissing her way down. She slowly dropped to her knees while running her hands down his legs. Without breaking eye contact with him, teasing him with a devious smirk. She unzipped his jeans, causing him to let out a loud sigh as it was obvious what her intentions were. He sprung loose like a Jack in The Box. Her hands gripped his rigid cock and slowly moved up and down his length. Causing small moans to escape him. She smirked as she let her tongue slowly circle the tip. She could taste the clear liquid that oozed out. Her mouth engulfed him, taking the full head in. He let out a loud groan as he felt her hand move up and down on him and warm mouth taking him in inch by inch. It felt amazing to him. He had been with many girls but none were this good to his penis. The more she teased his head with her tongue, the more he wanted to blow his load in her mouth. He felt her tighten her grip at the base of his dick. She continued sucking on his head, occasionally inserting him whole. She could feel him having spasms. He leaned on the back of her couch before he fell over. He then gently tugged on her hair.
"Baby." He said out of breath. "Baby" He moaned then he let out a sigh. "I'm about to blow." Nissa knew she had to loosen her grip. She kept sliding her lips up and down on him and the moment she let her grip go he let out a loud grunt and he blew in her mouth. She kept rubbing her hand oh him until he was completely done. Nick put his hand on her shoulder to let her know that he was done. Nissa looked up at him and smirked as she swallowed his cum. He then pulled her up and kissed her. "Mmmm baby girl. That was very nice."
"I'm glad you liked that." Still in the moment, Nick grabbed her by her hair and pulled her in for a kiss. "Baby you've never been that rough with me."
"I know. I just can't get enough of you." She kissed him. He embraced her in his arms and she rested her head on his chest. She inhaled his scent. He smelled of David Off Cool Water and clean rented car.
"You make me feel so safe. I'm so glad that you danced and sang your way into my heart." Nick grinned. Then he yelled in pain. Nissa immediately jumped out of his arms. Nicky Marie the hairless cat clawed her way up his bare back, laid on his shoulder and cuddled to him. "What is it with these animals? They won't let us show our love." Nick laughed.
"I don't know baby girl." He grabbed Nicky Marie off his shoulder and rubbed his nose against hers. Nissa walked into the kitchen. Nick placed NickyMarie on the floor next to Nacho. He pulled up his jeans and zipped them up. Nissa picked up a notepad and opened the fridge door. She stood in it making a short grocery list. Nick crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He softly kissed her neck. She moaned as she tilted her head the opposite way.
"MMMmm baby you are a tease."
"I know." He said very proudly. "So are we going grocery shopping?"
"Yes. I need to get some things for dinner."
"Oh baby you don't have to cook. I'm not hungry for food."
"Oh Yeah? What are you hungry for then?"
"You!"
"How did I know you would say that?"
"You know me so well baby."
"You're gonna eat food tonight." Nissa put her notepad on the table. "Are you going with me?"
"Yes. Let me put on a shirt." He got dressed and they made their way to the store. Nissa drove. The store wasn't too far from Nissa's. In fact it was so close they could've walked to it. But Nissa wanting to keep Nick's visit on the down low preferred to drive. She parked the car. Nick got out and went around to her side to open the door for her. He reached for her hand and pulled her out. She locked the car and they walked in holding hands. Nick grabbed a shopping basket as they walked in. Sam the cashier was the first to see them.
"Hey Nissa. How are you?"
"Hey Sam, It's been forever. I'm doing great. How about you?"
"I'm well. I just got my license."
"You did it. I'm so proud of you. So what are your plans now?"
"I get to go get another job and get the hell out of here."
"Oh God. I hope you do. This place is not what it used to be. Dream big."
"See from you, I’ll take that advice. Congrats on your engagement."
"Thank you. I'm extremely happy at the moment."
"I bet you are. I would be too." She hadn't noticed that Nick had walked away for a moment until he rested his hand on her waist.
"Hey baby, I want you to meet my friend Sam. I use to babysit her when she was a baby." Nick extended his hand to her.
"Nice to meet you, Sam."
"Likewise Nick. I want to tell you that you hit the jackpot with this rare gem." Nissa grinned as Sam hugged her.
"You are right. I wouldn't ask for anyone better."
"Well Sam, better go before we get recognized."
"No problem. It was cool to see you again."
"Yeah. I'm glad I got to see you too. Say hello to your parents."
"I will." Nick and Nissa made their way into the grocery area of the store.
"So. What would you like to eat?"
"You already know."
"Besides me, Carter."
"How about some fish and chips?"
"Baby, I don't know how to make the batter like everyone else."
"Don't worry. How about we just get it from the deli?"
"Are you sure?" Nick pulled her to him by her hips. "I want to always cook for you."
"I know my love. There will be times that you won't be able to."
"I know but..."
"It's alright."
"Ok. As you wish." He went and ordered their dinner.
"He said it'll be about 15 minutes."
"OK. You know what? I want some wine. I wonder what goes well with Fish and Chips." She pulled her phone out and researched a little. "It says here that Fish and Chips go well with Sparkling Wine, Sauvignon Blanc, Dry whites like Chablis or Chenin Blanc. Dry Perry or Cider. Pale ale or black tea. What do you think we should get?"
"How about the Sauvignon Blanc?"
"That sounds perfect." They made their way to the wine and beer aisle and chose the perfect Sauv Blanc they could find. She picked up some champagne. She then decided to grab some things for breakfast. By the time they were done, their order was done. They went to get it and headed out to the check outs. Nissa looked for Sam, but Sam had gone home. While Nissa was paying Nick's phone rang. He looked at it and quickly put it on silent as Nissa looked up at him. He was wondering why Mandy was calling him at that moment, and hoping that Nissa didn't see who it was or ask about it. "Wrong number." He told her as he put it back in his pocket. Nissa noticed that Nick was acting strange.
"Are you OK?" She finally asked him as they got in the car. Nick looked at her with deer in the headlights eyes.
"Yes, I'm fine." He calmed down.
"OK." He would've been in so much trouble if Nissa found out it was Mandy calling. He knew that Mandy shouldn't be in need of him. But just to make sure he texted her.

"Hey are you alright?"
"No"
"What's wrong?"
"Call me please."
"I can't. I'm with Nissa. Tell me what's wrong."
"I found some old pictures of us and Nick, I want you back. Please give me another chance."
"Oh Yeah? How would that work?"
"Look Nick, at this point I don't care if I have to share you with her and get her leftovers. I just want to be able to feel you touch my skin again."
"??????"
"I want to have your kisses again."
"Mandy, I can't do that. I love Nissa. You had your chance and I will remind you again that you fucked up."
"I know. But I want to make it up to you." Nick didn't reply. Nissa pulled into her driveway. They got in and Nick sat the bags on the table. Nissa took out plates and wine glasses and she set the table. She served dinner and they sat down. There was an agonizing silence between them. They hated saying goodbye. Even though they knew that it was only for a little while, it was excruciating for both. Trying to better the mood, Nick broke the silence.
"So are you excited about the B and B?
"Yes I am. It's a fun way to let fans of the movie, fall season, and paranormal to stay and enjoy the house. Otherwise, the house is going to fall apart."
"You're right."
"As soon as Jolene gets the go, I will make the announcement." Nick looked at her in amazement. He loved how alive she looked when she talked about her projects. "Baby, are you OK?" She asked him as she dipped her fish in tartar sauce.
"Yes I am." He snapped out of it. He rubbed the back of his hand on her cheek. Nissa grabbed it and kissed his palm of the hand.
"Baby boy, what's wrong?"
"Nothing, Gummy Bear. I'm fine." He seemed distant. She knew him well enough to know something is wrong.
"Baby, you can't fool me. I know you too well." He looked at her, pulling her hand and kissing it.
"You caught me. I'm leaving again tomorrow and you know how much I hate leaving you."
"You know I'll be there before you know it."
"I know but I'm gonna miss you in the meantime." They finished up dinner in another round of bitter silence. Nick stared at her as in to take her all in. So he could have that image to get him through till she comes to him. Nissa was just glad that he didn't turn into the prick he was that last week of the tour she spent with him. He got up first and picked up their plates and washed dishes. Nissa stayed at the table and sipped on her wine.
"Oh before I forget. I will need a list of the guest you want at the wedding."
"I'll take care of it." Nick finished up with the dishes. They made their way to the bedroom with bottle of wine and glasses in hand. They watched movies till he fell asleep. Nissa rested her head on his chest as he held her close. Nick was fast asleep as Nissa laid there wide awake. She had so many things to do, so many thoughts and ideas keeping her mind going. The only thing keeping her sane at the moment was Nick's touch. She knew that the coming year was gonna be extremely stressful, but the goal was gonna make that journey so worth it. Nick noticed that she had sat up against the headboard when he moved. "Baby, what's wrong?"
"I just can't sleep. Too much going on in my noggin." She leaned over and kissed his forehead.
"Anything I can help with?" He asked her as he sat up.
"No. Not really."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"OK."
"You should get some rest. You have a long day tomorrow."
"OK baby." He said kissing her lips and laying back down. Nissa continued to toss and turn so she decided to get out of bed and go downstairs. Not before grabbing her laptop. Nacho followed her and Nicky Marie stayed cuddled up with Nick in bed. Nissa made her way to the kitchen and sat her laptop on the island counter. She grabbed a bottle of Bourbon from her father's stash and sat down on a high bar stool. She fired her laptop up and began searching for her wedding. She poured her a glass of the Bourbon raised up to toast to her dad and drank it in one gulp. She wrote down several different numbers to call after she dropped Nick at the airport, including the wedding dress designer she wanted to consult. Once she got those, she opened up a blank Word document and she began that book about being Jazmine Sohma's daughter and growing up without her she's been wanting to put together. She got 8 pages done before she couldn't keep her eyes open. She dropped her head on her arms on the counter. By the time she finally fell asleep, the sun was coming up. Nick woke up and found that she wasn't there. All he found was a loyal cat right next to his pillow. He made his way downstairs to check up on Nissa. He found her about to fall off the barstool with the Bourbon bottle almost empty. He kissed her to wake her up and she immediately woke up.
"Good morning baby girl. Why didn't you go back to bed?"
"I wasn't expecting to fall asleep. I'm sorry." He smiled at her.
"You don't have to be sorry. Did you drink this whole bottle?"
"Yes. I guess I did." Nissa felt a lump in her throat. She was fighting back tears. Her eyes watered and Nick automatically hugged her tight.
"Baby, what's wrong?" He said softly.
"I don't know." She burst into tears. "I guess, my period is near."
"Aww baby. Don't cry. I got you." Nick held her until she was able to calm down. "I love you so much. Don't forget that."
"I love you more."
"I love you most." She kissed him. She then looked at the clock.
"Oh my god! We are running late. You're gonna miss your flight. Go get ready and I will make you some brunch."
"OK baby." He kissed her again and headed upstairs to gather his things and take a quick shower. Nissa got busy in the kitchen. Her phone rang as soon as she put the skillet on the stove.
"Hello?"
"Nissa? It's Jolene."
"Hey Jolene. How are you?"
"So excited. I've been on the phone all morning. I have managed to get all the information I need to start the process of applying for all the necessary permits for the B and B."
"Oh that's great. How long will it take?"
"Sometime from 4 to 6 weeks. We will have the food permits, the renovating permits, the business permits. I also went ahead and hired the crew that will take care of the renovations. I'm extremely excited."
"Oh Jolene, thank you so much. I can't wait to make the announcement. Of course I will wait till it's more official."
"Yes that's a great idea. Just in case the city decides to deny any permit, etc."
"Right." Nissa cracked 3 eggs and whipped them as she continued to speak to Jolene.
"I will need you to come to my office in the next couple of days so that I can get your signature for the permit requests."
"OK. I'll be there."
"Great. See you then." Nissa hung up and set her phone on the counter next to her laptop. Nick came downstairs with his and Nacho's bags. He sat them by the door. Then he walked into the kitchen. Kissed Nissa and sat on the barstool.
"So Jolene called."
"What she say?"
"She told me that she got all the information that she needed to start the process. She needs me to go in to sign the permit requests. And we will go from there."
"That's too exciting. I can't wait to see this come to life."
"Me either." Nissa put a plate of scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, and hash browns in front of him. She then went into the fridge to get the orange juice out. She didn't find it where she had put it. Turned out that Nick put it on the bottom shelf. All the way in the back. She bent over to reach for it.
"Gonna be that way long?" He asked with a smirk.
"Very funny. I guess you are becoming a perv with age. Would you like a mimosa?"
"Look at you. All fancy. Are you trying to get me drunk?"
"Maybe." Nissa prepared him one and then she made herself one. She sat next to him.
"This is delicious."
"Thank you. I'm glad you like it."
"So I was thinking..."
"Uh Hmmm" He took a bite of bacon.
"Since we are doing a Halloween theme, would you oppose to wearing a mask?"
"Wow, I didn't think I was that ugly."
"Baby, that's not it. I was thinking that you could wear a Phantom of the Opera mask. Just for some of the pictures. I also want some without you wearing it. That way I have proof that I married you."
"Haha. Very funny."
"Wait a minute. You can be funny but I can't"
"You have every right to give me a dose of my own medicine." He leaned over to her and kissed her. "Of course I'll wear the mask. I think it will look awesome."
"Yaay. Of course we have to get it molded so it will fit perfect."
"Of course." They finished breakfast. Nissa went and got dressed. She cross checked with Nick to make sure he had everything he needed. Then they made their way to the airport.
"Baby, we will be together before you know it." Nissa told Nick, breaking the silence.
"I know. It's just I'm not myself when you are not there."
"And I will be as soon as I rent the house." This time Nissa reached over for his hand and kissed it. Shortly after, they made it to the airport. She parked in front of the departure area. Nick grabbed Nacho before he could run off again and got out of the car first. Nissa followed. Nick put their bags over his shoulder and held Nissa's hand. With his other hand he tugged Nacho's leash. They walked in and Nick checked in at the counter. Once he took care of that they walked to the Security Check Point. Nissa hugged him tight. He loved that so much. "I love you Nick, with all my heart."
"I love you too Gummy Bear. I'll call you as soon as I get to LA."
"OK." He kissed her and hugged her one more time. Savoring it. He knew that was the last hug for a while. He kissed her forehead.
"See you later baby girl." He let go of her and he walked through security.
"I'll miss you so much." She waved at him.
"Me too baby." He waved back. Nissa watched until he disappeared into the big crowd. Feeling really sad, she got back in her car and decided to drive to Portland to Jolene's Office. Meanwhile Nick sat at the gate waiting to board the flight. Nacho was lying down in the next seat. Nick pet him. He looked up at Nick with sad puppy eyes. "I'm gonna miss her too." Nacho laid his head down again. Shortly after, their flight was called to board the plane. Nick shot Nissa a text letting her know that he got on. he found their seats and got beat by Nacho to the window seat. "Ha, fat chance." Nacho growled at Nick, but he picked him up and sat him in the next seat. And Nick sat down in the window seat. As soon as the flight took off, they both fell asleep.
Nissa, made it to Jolene's office. As soon as she walked in, she was greeted by a familiar face. It was Kim, her high school bully. She was taken by surprise to see Kim again. She wasn't sure how to feel or react for that matter.
"Hi Nissa. How are you? You probably don't remember me."
"Of course I remember you, Kim. How can I forget the person who made fun of me for my choice of music. The person who thought it was cute to ruin the video that I was making to ask Nick Carter to homecoming......." Kim looked at her with a remorseful look. "Anyway, the past is the past. I am extremely happy that you are very successful. Is Jolene in?"
"She went to lunch. She won't be back for another 10 minutes."
"OK. I will wait for her."
"Look Nissa, I'm so sorry for everything I've done to you. You always proved to be above all the nonsense and I admire you for that. I was just jealous because Ben was into you. And I knew it. I was like why would the most popular guy in school have a crush on a girl like you. I was madly in love with him and I didn't want to loose him to you. So I took my frustrations on you. And I'm sorry for that. You didn't deserve that."
"Kim, it's alright. I've moved on and I forgave you. How have you been?"
"I'm doing well. I'm married now."
"Ben?"
"No, that loser is still delivering papers. I married Damon Goldstein. Remember him?"
"Yes the president of every club in high school known to mankind. He was such a great guy. I'm so glad you are with him."
"All that time I spent pining for Ben, I never noticed Damon. I'm just so glad that I was able to start something beautiful with him before I lost my chance."
"Yes. What is he getting into these days?"
"He's the CEO to his own company that makes Eco friendly building materials."
"Oh that's great!"
"What about you, Nissa?"
"Well, I lost my dad to cancer. Remember Eric?"
"Yeah. Last time I heard, he was madly in love with you."
"We dated for a little bit. To find out that he's my half-brother. Thank god I didn't sleep with him."
"So are you single? I hear Brody just got a divorce."
"No. I'm engaged. I'll be getting married in a year."
"Who's the lucky guy?"
"You wouldn't believe it if I told you."
"Try me."
"Nick Carter?"
"Nissa, you're bull shitting me right?"
"No. He asked me a couple of nights ago."
"You do know that he's like triple your age?"
"Yes I am aware. I love him anyway."
"Wow, I can't believe that you made your dream come true."
"Always shoot for the stars. I did and I got the stars, the moon and the sun. I couldn't be happier."
"I'm so glad." Kim smiled at her as Jolene walked in.
"Hey Nissa. I wasn't expecting you this soon."
"Well I just want this to happen soon. So the faster we get all the paperwork signed and delivered the better."
"OK. Please step into my office. Kim, please hold my phone calls."
"Will do Jolene." Nissa hugged Kim.
"It was good to see you."
"Likewise." Nissa stepped into Jolene's office and sat down.
"So here are all the requests we need to send in. Read them over, sign and date them."
"OK." Nissa sat there and read each paper carefully and signed each one. It took her about 3 hours to do so. She was so excited that her project was getting on its way. Once she got done at Jolene’s office, she made her way back home. She opened the front door and Nicky Marie was nowhere in sight. Nissa looked in all of Nicky Marie’s favorite spots and didn’t find her anywhere. But just as she was going to start panicking she walked into her bedroom and found her lying on the pillow that Nick was using. “I know girl. I’m gonna miss him too. But don’t worry. Before you know it, we will be with him.” Nicky Marie got down and went to her food bowl to eat. Nissa went back downstairs and got on her computer. She made a few calls.
“Thank you for calling Oak Grove Cemetery. This is Jason speaking.”
“Hi Jason, my name is Nissa Sohma. And I’m calling because I wanted to know if there’s any possible chance that I could have my wedding ceremony on my parents’ plot. They are both buried there.”
“Well Ms. Sohma, I don’t see why not. How many people will there be?”
“It’s gonna be the priest, the photographer, my fiancé and myself.”
“I definitely don’t see why not. I will put this note on our calendar, that way I’m here. We don’t want anyone not knowing what’s going on and calling the cops. When will this event happen?”
“Thank you so much. It’s gonna be October 21, of next year.”
“Perfect. I made the note. If you need anything at all, please don’t hesitate in calling me.”
“Thank you.” Nissa hung up with Jason. She made a note in her Wedding Planning book. She then called some bridal houses. She called 5 of them. The first 4 didn’t sell dresses that were not traditional. She called the 5th one on her list.
“Thank You for calling Blushing Brides House. This is Nina. How may I help you?”
“Hi, I want to know if you have any dresses that are red and black?”
“Yes, we do. And if we don’t have it in the shop, we have several catalogues you can order from.”
“Oh that’s great! Can I make an appointment to come in.”
“Yes. When did you have in mind?”
“How about the day after tomorrow?”
“Alright, we have a 2:30 opening. We also have 4:00, and 4:30.”
“I think the 2:30 would be great.”
“Great. I penciled you in. What is your name?”
“Nissa Sohma.”
“Alright, Ms. Sohma. We will see you then.”
“Thank you so much!” As soon as she hung up, her phone rang. It was Nick. “Hey baby.”
“Hello, Darling.”
“Did you make it in alright?”
“Yes, I did. AJ came to pick me up. We are on our way to his house. Rochelle invited me to dinner.”
“Oh that’s great. Tell them I said hello for me.”
“I will. So what have you been up to?”
“I went over to Jolene’s office after I dropped you off and signed all the paper work. Then I came home and I made some phone calls. By the way Nicky Marie misses you. I found her laying on your pillow.”
“Nacho misses you too. He wasn’t too happy with me when we were at the airport.”
“Oh poor baby. I miss him too.”
“What about me? Do you miss me?”
“Of course I do.” Nissa laughed. “So I called Oak Grove. They said we could get married there.”
“That’s great. So they are gonna let us set up and have all our guests?”
“Baby. No. I just want the priest, photographer, you and me there. No one else.”
“That’s a good idea. But what about the reception?”
“We will have it somewhere else. We could invite everyone else to go straight there and we can have the justice of peace marry us in front of our guest.”
“I think that’s an awesome idea. Have you decided where we are gonna have it?”
“Not yet. I was thinking the Sheraton. Where we stayed this last time.”
“I love that hotel. It’s very elegant. I think we should have it there.”
“Great. So I will call and talk to the wedding coordinator they have there. I have an appointment to pick a dress. I have to call Sophie to see if she can make it.”
“You do that baby girl. I’m gonna let you go. We just got to AJ’s.”
“OK baby. I love you have fun.”
“I love you too. Thank you.” They hung up. Nissa immediately called Sophie.
“Hey girl”
“Hey Soph. What you up to?”
“Nothing. Cooking dinner. Joel is having some coworkers over. You know how that goes.”
“Yes I do. So I’m calling because I have an appointment the day after tomorrow at the Bridal Shop to pick my dress. Do you think you can make it?”
“Damn. I can’t. Joel is showing another program he coded and I have to be here in case it doesn’t go well. You know how he gets.”
“Yeah. I totally know. It’s ok. I’ll invite Kim to go with me.”
“You mean Kim from school?”
“Yeah. She’s interning with Jolene. I ran into her today. She apologized for what she did.”
“Do you think she meant it?”
“Yes. She did for sure. You could see it in her eyes.”
“Good. Hey if anything she will be brutally honest with your choices.” Nissa laughed.
“Yeah, she’s good at that. We could Facetime when we are there. That way you are included.”
“Cool. I would love that.”
“Well I will let you go. I have to call her before she leaves the office.”
“OK. I love You.”
“Love you too, Soph.” Nissa hung up with Sophie and called Kim.”
“Jolene Martin’s Legal Offices, this is Kim speaking.”
“Hey Kim. It’s Nissa.”
“Hey Nissa”
“I was wondering if you would accompany me to an appointment to choose my dress?”
“Of course. But why me?”
“Well Sophie, who is my maid of honor can’t make it because she lives in Florida. And I trust you enough to help me. I will have her on Facetime, but I need someone there too.”
“Oh I’m honored.”
“Besides, Sophie will tell me everything looks good. I can trust you will tell me the truth.”
“Of course. When are we doing this?”
“The day after tomorrow at 2:30.”
“Great.”
“The bridal shop is in Connecticut so we have to drive down.”
“That’s fine.”
“You can pick me up here at the office.”
“Alright, I’ll see you then.” Nissa finally got all the calls done. She ate a snack. She then opened up the word document that she started the night before. She continued writing the book about her mother. Before she knew it, it got dark outside and it was dinner time. At the rate she was going with the book, she was gonna have it finished by the end of the week.
“Dude, are you ready to take the plunge?” AJ asked Nick. Curius as to how he was feeling with his upcoming numtuals.
“Yes I am. She’s like nobody I’ve ever been with.”
“That’s good.” AJ handed him a cranberry vodka. They were sitting in the living room. The football game was on. Rochelle was in the kitchen with Ava, preparing dinner. Then all of the sudden Ava comes into the living room with a picture she drew Nick.
“Hey Uncle Nick. I made this for you.”
“Oh thank you baby. I love it. I will put this on my fridge.”
“So I hear you’re getting married?”
“Yes I am.”
“I hope you make me the flower girl!”
“Well we are still at the beginning stages of the planning. I will definitely let you know.”
“When am I gonna meet Nissa?”
“When she moves here permanently. I will have a big dinner and invite all of you guys.”
“Will she be down here for my 9th birthday party?”
“I don’t know baby. She’s gotta take care of some things before she comes out here. We can invite her. Maybe she’ll make the trip. Would you like me to do that?”
“Please. I would love to meet her.”
“Ok Sweetie.” Nick gave her a hug. He couldn’t believe that he has seen this little girl grow up so fast. He couldn’t believe that she was gonna be 9 already. Ava went back into the kitchen. “You know man, I’m so proud of you. You are an excellent father.”
“Thank you. I’ve seen the way you are with all the Backstreet Babies. I know you will be an amazing father when the time comes.”
“I can’t wait.” Rochelle came out to the living room.
“Hey boys, dinner is ready.” They made their way to the dining table. “So Nick, how’s the wedding planning?”
“It’s actually going good.”
“So she already has an idea for venue and all that?”
“Well we are gonna do a ceremony at the cemetery where her parents are buried. We are having a priest officiate that. Then we are gonna take pictures since it’s gonna be around sunset. Then afterwards we will head to the Sheraton hotel in Downtown Springfield. We will have a justice of the peace officiate the ceremony there and have the reception there.”
“Oh that sounds amazing. Has she picked a dress?”
“She has an appointment the day after tomorrow at the bridal shop. She’s going for a red dress.”
“And what does she have envisioned for you?”
“Phantom of the Opera. She asked me if I would be opposed to wearing a mask like Phantom’s. I told her that I would wear it. I have to get fitted for one that way it’s a perfect fit.”
“Oh you’re gonna look handsome. It sounds like she has style. We need to get together so that we can chat. Especially now that she’s gonna become a Backstreet Wife. We talked briefly while you guys were on the reunion tour. But she sounds like my kind of gal.”
“She’s taking care of some business before she comes out here. As soon as she does we will have a get together.”
“Great. I can’t wait.” Dinner went on and they joked and laughed. At the same time Nick was thinking about Nissa and how much he missed her.
Nissa looked at the clock. It was almost midnight. She revised what she had typed up. Turned out that she had 9 chapters typed up since she started. She also realized that she was up to the part where she’s being recognized by her mother’s fans. And how she’s dealing with that and her father’s death. She figured another 2 chapters and she would be done with this book. Then she would send it to the publisher for editing and publishing. Nissa shut off her laptop and took it upstairs to her room. She called Nick.
“Hey baby.”
“Hi Honey. What are you up to?”
“Not much. Just chilling with AJ and tweeting the fans. And you?”
“About to shower and hit the bed. I typed up 7 chapters of the book. And I have a splitting headache.”
“Yeah I would imagine you would. So I have a question for you. Ava, wants to meet you so bad and she told me to ask you if you would come to her 9th birthday party?”
“Awww, she’s too sweet. If AJ and Rochelle are OK with it, I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
“Of course we are OK with that.” Nissa heard AJ say. Nissa smiled big. She was so honored to have so much love from them already.
“So it’s settled then. You are coming in November. I can’t wait.” There was that come hither tone in his voice.”
“Carter, don’t start that shit in my living room.” Nissa laughed.
“Dude…” Even though they were grown-ups, the Boys always found ways to embarrass Nick. Just like when he was a teenager. Nick will forever be the baby of the group.
“So I’m gonna let you go so I can shower.”
“OK baby. I have to go home soon. I have to make room for Starry and Knight. They are coming home tomorrow.”
“OOOH Yay. Make sure you send me a picture.”
“Baby of course. By the way there’s a certain Pug that is missing you terribly. He’s laying by my feet, moping.”
“Poor baby. I miss him too. Anyway, I will let you go. All my love to AJ, Rochelle and Ava.”
“OK baby. I will call you as soon as they bring in Starry and Knight.”
“Ok. I love you.”
“I love you more.”
“I love you most.” She blew him a kiss and he did the same. They hung up and Nissa went to shower.
“That girl. Nick you hit the jackpot with that girl. I hope you don’t fuck it up.”
“I have no reason to.”
“Good.”
“Well man. I better get home.”
“You want me to drive you?”
“Nah, I’m just a couple of doors down. I can walk there. Besides I need to walk Nacho too.”
“Alright man.” They did their bro handshake and Nick made his way out the door with Nacho. They walked along the beach until they made it to his house. Nick unpacked then he assessed his house to find the perfect place for the tank. He figured out that he would have to move the shelves that he had all his video game consoles to put the tank there. He didn’t care because it was for Nissa. The spot was perfect. He moved everything out. By the time he was done it was past midnight. He showered then he went to bed..
The following morning Nick was woken by a knock on the door and Nacho barking. He went downstairs to check who it was. He freaked when he realized it was the delivery guy from ‘Aquarius’.
“Oh hey man, come in. Sorry I just got out of bed.”
“It’s Ok man. So show me where you want the tank and I will take it from there.”
“It’s right this way.” Nick showed him where he wanted the tank and the man took care of the rest. While he set up the tank, Nick took care of his morning ritual. He came downstairs to find the tank put together already and the water being poured. “About how long does it take to fill up the tank and balance the PH in the water?”
“About 3 hours.”
“Great. Would you like something to drink. I have water, Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Fruit Punch, Orange Juice, and Apple Juice.”
“I’ll take a coke.”
“I’ll be right back.” Nick went and got him one. Nick went back into his office to make some phone calls. The moment the boys found out he was home, they made contact with him. Kevin knocked on his door.
“Hey man. What’s up?”
“I heard about the good news.”
“Oh yeah what’s that?”
“You’re getting hitched.”
“Oh those news haha.”
“Congratulations. How are you feeling about that?”
“I’m excited.”
“You’re not nervous at all?”
“Yes. But knowing that she’s just perfect makes the nervousness go away.”
“Good. Nick I don’t mean to be intrusive but one advice I’m going to give you is that you get rid of all those girl numbers you have in your phone. Let go of the past. Because she deserves all of you. Not a piece of you.” Nick looked at him with a worried look. He knew that by past he meant Mandy and him babying her.
“Damn Kevin, it’s like you knew.”
“What do you mean?”
“Last weekend I ran into Mandy and now she keeps calling and texting me. Wanting to get back with me.”
“You need to nip that in the bud right now or you’re gonna regret it.”
“She tells me that she doesn’t care if I’m with Nissa and her too. That she’ll take her sloppy seconds.”
“OK think about it. She doesn’t care. But as good as Nissa has been with you, do you think it’s fair to her. What if you are not careful and get some disease from Mandy and then you go back to Nissa and give it to her. What then?”
“You are right. Mandy messed up and she lost her chance. Now it’s Nissa’s turn to have all of my heart.”
“You are right. I mean would you have bought Mandy this beautiful tank and sea horses?”
“Hell no.”
“Then that should tell you something.” Nick thought about that. He would only do that for somebody that he absolute loves. And Nissa was it. Just then the gentleman working on the tank came into the kitchen to get Nick.
“Sir the tank is set up. The water is neutralized and salted. I’m getting ready to add the seahorses. I need you to confirm that they are the ones you and Ms. Sohma picked and we will go from there.”
“Excellent. Let’s go.” Nick, Kevin and the gentleman walked back to living room. The gentleman went back to the van to remove the seahorses and bring them in. Once inside he showed them to Nick. “That’s them alright. Aren’t they beautiful?” Nick asked Kevin.”
“Wow. They are just amazing. What in the hell got you wanting seahorses?”
“Nissa has always wanted 2. A boy and a girl. To name them Starry and Knight. I did some research and I was able to buy them for her birthday present.”
“But why didn’t she take them home?”
“Well, she’s moving in with me after she rents her parents’ house. It would’ve cost us more if we had to have them shipped back here. When they were about 45 minutes away originally.”
“Good point. Oh I’m so happy for you. I know you will make a great husband. I knew eventually you’d grow up. I’m extremely proud of you.”
“Thank you, Kevin that means the world to me.”
“OK, Mr. Carter I will be dropping them in. Then the set up process is done. I will stay for an hour longer to make sure they get accustomed to the tank.”
“Thank you so much.” Nick shook his hand.
“Well I better be going. I have to catch a flight home. I’m glad I was able to see you before I left.”
“Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a safe trip.”
“Thank you.”
“Give Kristin and the boys my love.”
“I will.” Kevin got in his car. Nick waved one last time and went back inside. He snapped a picture of the tank and sent it to Nissa. She immediately called him.
“Oh baby, they are perfect. Thank you so much.” All Nick could do was grin. “Isn’t that where all your game consoles were?”
“Yes. I don’t mind. I never use them anyway.”
“Baby you didn’t have to do that for me.”
“Yes I did. I couldn’t find a better spot for them. Imagine you coming in and sitting down on the couch. Being able to watch them while you drink a glass of wine.”
“MMMM, yes you are right.”
“See?”
“Yes. You know me so well.”
“Did you sleep well?”
“Yes I did. I slept for several hours then I couldn’t sleep anymore so I finished the book.”
“Really? Wow. That was very fast.”
“I know. It was easy because I didn’t have to think about it. It just flowed right out. And I love what came out.”
“I’m sure that your fans will too. So what are your plans for the book?”
“Just hand it over to the publisher and let them do their magic with it.”
“Good. What are your plans for today?”
“I have to get in contact with a realtor so they can take care of the house renting. Go buy an ad in the newspaper. Today I’m focusing on renting the house.”
“Good. The sooner it gets done, the faster you move in.”
“You are right. What about you? What plans do you have today?”
“I’m gonna meet with Travis.”
“Oh yeah. I forgot about that.”
“I figured I could get into something to keep busy until you get here.”
“Yeah that’s a good idea.” Nissa laughed. “I miss you so much. I was getting used to waking up next to you.”
“Me too baby. I’ll let you go my love. So you can take care of all that. I’ll call you later.”
“OK baby. Talk to you then. I love you.”
“I love you too Gummy Bear.” Nissa got dressed and got in her car. She went to the local realtor, Justin James.
“Hello, welcome to Justin James’ Office. What can I help you with?”
“I want to put my house up for rent.”
“OK. I’m gonna have you fill this out and I will let Mr. James know you are here.”
“Thank you very much.” Nissa filled out the paper work while she waited. Justin James came out 10 minutes later. He seemed to be older than Nick. He was tall and well built.
“Miss Sohma? It’s such a pleasure to meet you. Please come into my office. What can I do for you today?”
“Well Mr. James, I want to put my parents’ house up for rent. Can you help me with that?”
“Of course I can. First can you describe the house?”
“Yes it’s a 2 story Victorian house style. It was built back in 1857. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms upstairs and a half bathroom downstairs, a full kitchen, 2 living rooms downstairs and 1 living room upstairs. It’s got a wraparound porch. It sits on a piece of land the size of 1 acre.”
“Perfect. What is the condition of the inside?” He continued typing up the report on his laptop.
“It is in excellent conditions. We’ve been in that house for over 20 years. My dad took care of all the repairs himself. He had it inspected once a year for lead, carbon monoxide, pests, you name it. It passed every year.”
“Great. Do you have all those documents?”
“Yes I do.”
“I’m gonna have you bring those in, so that I have a copy in the file.”
“Of course.”
“Now let’s talk rent price. How much were you thinking?”
“Since it’s a huge house, I’m thinking about $875 per month.”
“Will you be charging a pet fee?”
“Yes. $100 for a dog and/or $50 for a cat. Anything that’s caged can stay for free.”
“How about a security deposit?”
“$350. That means that if anything is damaged in the house when they move out, they will not be getting that deposit back. Oh and because it’s such a large amount all they have to pay is the deposit and 10% of their first month rent.”
“That sounds good. You are one of my easiest clients.” They both laughed.
“I’ve researched on all that. I always like to be prepared.”
“That’s a great quality in a person.”
“Thank you, Mr. James.”
“Please, call me Justin.”
“Great. So what is the price for your service?”
“$800. You can pay me when I have successfully rented out the house.”
“Sounds like a deal. I will make sure to bring you all that paperwork before closing today.”
“Great. I will get all this started. I strongly recommend that you put out an ad. To increase our chances. I will be putting the house on several of our websites. I will come over sometime in the next couple of days to take some pictures. If you don’t mind.”
“No I don’t mind. It gives me time to tidy up a little bit.”
“I will call you in advance.”
“Thank you so much.” Nissa got up and shook Justin’s hand. She then made her way to their local newspaper office. She was greeted by an intern.
“Hello Miss, what can I do for you?”
“I need to put out an ad for my house that is for rent.”
“Alright. Please fill out this form. Make sure that everything is written as you want it printed and I will take care of the rest.” Nissa took her time to fill out the form. She then gave it to the young man behind the desk. He looked it over.”
“OK Miss. This will be posted in tomorrow’s paper. It’s gonna be $4 for three days. Then you can log on to this website and renew it. Make sure you enter this account number when you sign in that way the system will know which ad it’s renewing. Do you have any questions for me?’
“No. It’s very easy. Thank you for your help.”
“No problem at all, Miss.” Nissa left. She went back to the house to gather all the paper work Justin needed. She dropped them off at his office. After she was done she decided to grab some dinner. Kim called her just as she was getting out at LeFrog’s.
“Hello?”
“Hey Nissa. It’s Kim. I’m just calling to confirm for tomorrow. I’m about to ask Jolene for tomorrow off.” Nissa smiled.
“Yes we are still on. I can’t thank you enough for doing this for me.”
“It’s not a problem at all.”
“OK. So I will see you tomorrow.”
“Great. Have a good night.”
“Good night.” Nissa went into LeFrog’s for dinner. When she sat at the table, she remembered that the first and last time she was in there, it was with her father. She got kind of sad. She ate her dinner while scrolling through her phone. She couldn’t believe all the outpouring support from Nick’s fans about their upcoming wedding. Several negative comments were posted but the positive ones made up them. She finished her dinner and made her way home. She was extremely restless so she decided to call Nick, hoping that he wasn’t too busy.
“Hey baby. What are you up to?”
“Not much. Just got back from walking Nacho. You?”
“I just got home.”
“What did you do today?”
“I went and talked to a realtor. I went and put up an ad in the newspaper for the house. By the time so I went to LeFrogs. How about you?”
“I went to see Travis.”
“How did it go?’”
“I told him that I wanted to release an album soon. He told me that other guys are working on some solo projects so now would be a perfect time to do that.”
“That’s good. Are you still putting my song on it?”
“Of course I am.”
“Good.”
“Are you going to bed soon?”
“No I have to start cleaning up. Justin my realtor told me that he needs to come here sometime in the next couple of days.”
“What for?”
“To take pictures of the house.”
“Oh OK, What are you doing tomorrow?”
“I have an appointment for the dress. My friend Kim is going with me.”
“That’s good but I thought Sophie was going with you?”
“She can’t, Joel has an important presentation. She wants to be there for him no matter of the outcome is for him.”
“Yes of course…” There was silence. “God Nissa I miss you so bad.”
“Me too baby. I will see you soon in November.”
“I know baby girl. I can’t wait.”
“Who knows maybe I will have the house rented by then.”
“You think so?”
“Oh yeah.”
“I hope so because I want you here.”
“Baby, I love you so much.”
“I love you more.”
“I love you most. I better let you go so I can clean up a little and then go to bed. I have a long day tomorrow.”
“Ok my love. I will call you when I get up.”
“Great. I will be waiting for your call.”
“Good night baby girl.”
“Good night rockstar.” Nick loved when she called him a Rockstar. And not because that was what she loved about him but because, he was her Rockstar. To him when she called him that it was because she saw something incredible in him. What she was beyond his profession and he knew that. When thy hung up, she decided to clean up the downstairs. She began with the kitchen. Then she cleaned the half bathroom and the 2 living rooms. Once she was done, she was tired enough to fall asleep. She showered and went to bed.
Nick sat there in his studio, mixing some vocal tracks he had laid down. All he could think about was how he couldn’t wait to have Nissa there. How amazing their lives were gonna be. He was interrupted by his phone.
“Hello?”
“Nick, it’s me.”
“Mandy? What do you want?”
“I hear you were back in town and I was wondering if you can meet me for coffee.”
“I guess I can. How about tomorrow for lunch?”
“Yeah that’s good. Where do you want to meet ?”
“The Water Grill in LA.”
“OK. I’ll be there.” Nick hung up. He immediately had a bad feeling about it. He went back to what he was doing. The first song he was able to get album ready, was the song he wrote for Nissa. The one he performed at the award show. Once he was done he went to bed. He tossed and turned. Every time he would fall asleep, he would have a bad dream about his meeting with Mandy or having to do with the consequences of that meeting. He began to wonder if he wasn’t doing anything wrong why was he feeling the way he was.
The following morning, Nissa woke up to another gorgeous fall morning. She got dressed and had breakfast. As she was eating, she E-Mailed Wayne Irving her publisher to let him know that she had finished her book and she was mailing him a printed copy of the book to be edited and published. She shut off the laptop and washed her plate. She then grabbed her purse and keys and headed out the door. Once in the car she connected her Bluetooth to handsfree. Everything call she made or received could be heard through her car speakers. She called Kim as she was backing out of her driveway.
“Hello?” She heard Kim say.
“Hey Kim. I’m just calling to let you know that I’m on my way.”
“OK. I’m ready. I just have to drive over to the office. Or you know what I have to finish Damon’s dinner for tonight. Can you pick me up at the house?”
“Of course I can.”
“Great I will text you my address.”
“Good. I should be in Portland at about 10:00.”
“OK. I’ll see you then.” Shortly after they hung up, Nissa received the text with Kim’s address. “Siri, save Kim’s address in my Contacts.”
“Kim’s address has been saved in your contacts. Would you like me to reroute you to Kim’s address?”
“Yes.”
“Rerouting you…Directions updated…” Nissa continued on the highway. She turned on her Spotify app to listen to her most current favorite playlist. She was so into the music that she didn’t even noticed that she was almost to Portland. She arrived to Kim’s house at 9:52. She called her up to let her know that she was there. Kim came out shortly after.
“Hey girl. Thank you for coming with me.”
“It’s my pleasure, It gets me out of my daily routine.”
“I’m glad.” They laughed. “Do you want to get anything to drink before we hit the road?”
“Yes that’s a good idea. I would like a coffee.”
“Great me too.” They headed to Dunking Donuts. Nissa went through the drive thru. She ordered herself a Large French Vanilla Ice Coffee and Kim asked for a Large Caramel Swirl Iced Coffee. Then they headed out. “So how is married life treating you?”
“It’s everything I ever imagined. We laugh, we love, we fight, and we make up. Damon is just amazing.”
“So if he’s a celebrity, would it still be worth it?”
“Are you having cold feet?”
“No! Of course not. I love Nick. I was just curious.”
“Then yeah. It is worth everything. Even though he belongs to all those girls, it’s you he comes home to. It’s with you he fights and makes up. All those girls get is a glimpse of him. You get the bad, ugly, and beautiful of him. You get his tears, his heartbreaks and his happiness.” Nissa thought about what she said. Her phone rang. Kim looked over at her when she heard the very interesting ringtone. It was Nick saying ‘I Love you, Gummy Bear’ repeatedly. Kim giggled as Nissa answered the call.
“Hey baby.”
“Good Morning my love. What are you up to?”
“Nothing. Lying in bed…thinking about the naughty things I want to do to you.” Nissa started laughing. “What’s so funny?” Nick asked very confused.
“Baby, I have you on the hands free. Kim heard everything you just said.”
“She’s welcomed to join.” Nissa and Kim exchanged amused looks.
“You’re such a man.” Nick laughed.
“Are you almost there?”
“We have about an hour and a half to go.”
“That’s really good.”
“What do you have planned for today?”
“Not much. Just staying in. I want to work on the album.”
“sounds like fun.”
“Well baby cakes, I will let you go so you can focus on the road.”
“Ok babe. I will call you later.”
“Alright.”
“I love you, Rockstar.”
“I love you more, Gummy Bear.”
“I love you most.” They hung up. Nick lay there a little longer. Thinking what a lucky man he was. He then got out of bed and got ready. He was supposed to meet Mandy for lunch. He was dreading it. He was regretting inviting her in the first place. But he was a man of his word. So he had to keep his word. It didn’t take him long to shower, get dressed, and head out. When he arrived, Mandy had gotten them a table. He walked over to her and kissed her cheek.
“I though you wouldn’t show.”
“Why? You know I’ve always kept my word.”
“I know. I’m glad you did come.”
“Why are you pursuing me?”
“Nicky, because I still love you. I want you back.” Mandy put her hand on his. He pulled it away.
“Let me set this straight. I don’t want to get back with you. I love Nissa and she loves me. She deserves all of me. You had your chance and you blew it.”
“Nick I’m aware of that. Bet that you pretend you’re kissing me instead of her.”
“You’re very wrong. I got over you a long time ago.”
“Fine. I don’t believe you though.” They ordered and ate. Nick paid the bill. As he was walking her to his car, a photographer snapped a phone. They didn’t notice.
“Look, I need you to stop calling me. I don’t want anything to do with you. I won’t jeopardize everything with Nissa for someone who used and hurt me.”
“Whatever Nick, it’s your loss. You will never find someone like me.” “You’re right. I found someone so much better that loves me for me and not for what I am.” Mandy got in her car.
“When you realize the mistake you made, don’t come running to me.”
“Trust me. I won’t.” She drove away and Nick got in his car and drove home. He threw his keys on the table by the door. He stormed into his studio. He was feeling guilty that he went to see Mandy and he was angry at himself. He knew his music would make him feel so much better.
Nissa and Kim finally made it to New London, Connecticut. They found the bridal shop.
“Hi. I’m Nissa Sohma. I have an appointment to get a dress.”
“Yes Ms. Sohma. We are ready for you. My name is Cameron. You can call me Cam.”
“Nice to meet you. This is my friend Kim. She will be helping me. I will also be Facetiming my Maid of Honor. She’s in Florida and she couldn’t make it.”
“OK. So first, I want you to tell me what it is that you are seeing yourself in.”
“It’s a Halloween wedding. I don’t want a black dress. I want a red dress with black detail.”
“and what shape do you want it to have? An A Line, Ball Gown, Mermaid…”
“I was thinking a ball gown dress with a very tight corset and off the shoulder cap sleeves.”
“Great. I have several that you can look at here. If I don’t have anything you like. I can order for you. Let me get your measurements and we’ll go from there.
“Great” Cam measured Nissa. She wrote them down. Then she went to the back and got 4 dresses. Kim noticed that Nissa was pacing back and forth. And she was biting her nails.
“Are you alright?”
“Yes, I’m fine.” Kim smiled.
“Nissa, I know better.”
“Ok. I’m nervous.”
“Why are you nervous?”
“I’m getting married. And what if this is a bad experience. The wedding dress choosing part of it. It has to be perfect. This is a milestone that every girl goes through.”
“You’re right. It is, but you don’t have to be nervous. You have me here. Oh and we have to call Sophie.” Nissa dialed Sophie. She accepted the video call.
“Hey Girl.”
“Hi Nissa.” She greeted her with a smile.
“Remember Kim?” Nissa pointed her phone in Kim’s direction. Kim waved. Sophie waved back. Cam pushed out a cart where she hung the dresses.
“OK ladies here we go.
“Go ahead Nissa.” Nissa put on each dress and came out each time. Both Kim and Sophie took notes. Once Nissa showed them dress #4. She took it off and got dressed. She joined Kim, Sophie, and Cam to choose the dress.
“OK so which one? I really liked dress #3. It’s exactly what I wanted.
“I agree.” Said Cam.
“I liked #1 and #3. But #3 is perfect for you.” Said Sophie.
“I liked #3 and 4. But I would go with #3 because it compliments your body shape.”
“It is dress #3.” Nissa informed Cam.
“Perfect Ms. Sohma. I will set this dress aside. Make sure that you come 3 months and 1 month prior to the wedding. Just to make sure that it’s still the right measurements.”
“Of course. I will definitely do that.”
“Great then. You are all set. I will call you to remind you when you have to come in.”
“Thank you so much.” Nissa, Kim, and Sophie still on the phone, got in the car. Nissa connected the phone to the handsfree in the car.
“Well girls, I will let you go. Joel just got home from his presentation.”
“Please let me know what happened.
“I will.” It was around 4:30 by the time they got out of there.
“Do you have to go straight home when you get to Portland?”
“No. I told Damon that I might be late. He has dinner waiting for him anyway.”
“Great! You can have dinner with me.”
“Of course.” They laughed.
“So are you and Damon plan to have kids?”
“We want to. But we don’t think it’s the right time.”
“Right, because of your internship.”
“Exactly. How about you?”
“I want to but I’m not sure about Nick. But even if he does want to, I want to wait. That way we can enjoy our marriage a little without kids.”
“That’s an excellent idea. Believe me, I’m so glad that we have waited. We have been able to travel, party, have quiet time and many more things. Got it out of our system. Then when we have kids we can take them to our favorite places. Another thing, we won’t feel like we missed anything.”
“That’s exactly what I want!”
“You’ll get it. Oh I’m so happy for you.”
“Thank you. By the way, you will be getting an invitation. I want you to be there.”
“You mean that?”
“Yes I do.”
“I’m honored. Of course I will be there.” The girls made it to Portland. They had a nice dinner as they chatted about Nissa’s upcoming tasks. “Wow look at the time. Damon must be wondering where the hell I am. And you still have to drive back to Friendship.”
“Yeah. I had a blast hanging out with you. Thank you so much for coming with me.”
“I’m glad that we ran into each other. You need anything at all give me a call.”
“I will. Have a goodnight.” Nissa smiled at her. Kim got out and walked up her pathway to her door. Just as she reached the door, Damon opened it and escorted her in. He greeted her with a kiss and a smile. As he shut the door, he waved at Nissa like if he knew her. Nissa waved back and made her way to Friendship. She began to blast Adele’s 25 album. Somehow the music made her very melancholy. She missed Nick and she was wondering if her marriage with Nick was gonna be as sweet and romantic as Kim and Damon’s. It was a little after midnight when she arrived at her house. She hadn’t realized how fast that drive went. She unlocked the door and NickyMarie greeted her. “Hi baby.” She picked her up and hugged her. “I chose my dress. I can’t wait to be with him.” Nissa went upstairs and showered. She came out to find a missed call from Nick. She laid down in bed and facetimed him back.
“Hey Babe.”
“Hi honey. What are you up to?”
“Playing WOW with the fans again. What about you?”
“I just took a shower. I’m so exhausted.”
“I bet baby girl. You’ve been on the road all day. Did you accomplish what you set out to do?”
“Yes baby. I found my dress. Both Kim and Sophie helped tremendously.”
“That’s good. Do you have a picture?”
“You know it’s bad luck to see the dress before the wedding.”
“It was worth a try.” Nick stared at her. “God, you’re so beautiful.” He couldn’t stop looking at her.
“Thank you, baby.”
“You don’t have to thank me. I will always tell you what I feel about you.”
The following months passed really quickly. The holidays came and went. Nissa went to California to Ava’s birthday and she gave Nick her approval of Nissa. Nissa went back to Friendship to start packing her house. Justin had been showing the house so often that somebody was bound to rent it. But the moment she started packing up her dad’s things, she changed her mind. She didn’t have the heart to keep his memory in boxes. She called Justin and told him that she will not be renting the house. Nick had released his album. He had gone on a mini American tour. He made sure that he spent thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s with Nissa. Then he would go back on the road. After the holidays, Nick decided to add a few dates to the tour. Nissa traveled several times to be with him. In the meantime all the legalities of the Bed and Breakfast were taken care of. So they began the restoration process. Nissa’s biography on her mother was ready to be published and released but Nissa decided to wait to release it after the wedding so she could go on a book tour. She and Sophie got most of the wedding planning done. It was just a matter of waiting till the day arrived.
It was the beginning of August. Nissa had moved to Malibu back in May. She loved the beach life. She found it so relaxing in a fast paced state. Nicky Marie and Nacho were tighter than ever; that was strange when you thought about the forever ongoing cat vs. dog war. The co-living arrangements were working out. Nick and Nissa were over the moon with each other. To them they had the perfect life was nothing but perfection.
“Gummy bear, are you ok?” Nick asked her. Nissa had been in the bathroom for about 15 minutes. She opened the door and stood there cleaning her face with paper.
“Yes. I think what I had for lunch isn’t agreeing with me.”
“Ok baby girl. Let me know if you need anything.”
“I will.” Nick went out to the gym with Jake. Nissa was researching for her new book on the balcony overlooking the ocean, when all of the sudden she had to run to the bathroom and throw up for the 7th time. Nicky Marie was so concerned that she wasn’t leaving Nissa’s side. Nissa was thinking food poisoning. She had some crackers and that seemed to help. She was fine for the rest of the night. The following morning Nick was headed out to a meeting with Travis. He put on Nissa’s favorite cologne. They had breakfast and Nissa walked with him to the door.
“I hope you have a good meeting.”
“I think I will, baby.” Nissa stood on her toes to kiss him but she couldn’t.
“What the hell are you wearing? You smell like you took a bath in sewer water.” Nick was puzzled.
“It’s your favorite cologne. Are you sure you are OK?
“Yes I’m sure.” She said as she ran to the bathroom again. Nick shut the front door and went after her.
“If you don’t get better by tonight, we are going to the doctor.”
“OK. I was fine all night until I smelled you. Please just go away.”
“Fine. I will be back soon. Please call me if you get worse.”
“I will. Just GO!”
“Fine. I love you.” Nick left hesitantly. He was getting concerned but he knew that Nissa needed her space as puzzling as it was for him. He was gone for 3 hours. In those 3 hours Nissa felt OK. She cleaned the house and did their laundry. She even walked Nacho on the beach. But the moment Nick walked through that door, she began to feel nauseated.
“Nick, are you home? I can smell you up here!”
“Yes I am home baby. What are you a blood hound? Did you get bitten by a spider?”
“Don’t come up here if you’re gonna be a dick!”
“Baby, I need to come up. I want to shower so that I can get this cologne off.”
“Fine! Come in and get out!” Nick went up the stairs, and went straight into the bathroom. Nissa was sitting cross legged on the floor against the foot of the bed. Nicky Marie was curled up in her lap. She was watching Pocahontas and she started crying when she was singing ‘Colors of the Wind’. She had never cried to that movie. She was able to dry up her tears by the time Nick came out of the bathroom. He found her rearranging his underwear drawer. He sat next to her.
“Baby, what are you doing?”
“I didn’t do it right. It looks awful.”
“Baby, it’s fine. As long as I can find anything in it, I don’t worry.” Nissa burst into tears.
“I just feel bad that I yelled at you earlier.”
“Gummy bear. Clearly you’re not feeling good. I just wish you would let me take care of you.”
“I couldn’t. Every time you came near me I gagged.”
“I don’t think that’s normal. Maybe we should go to the doctor tomorrow.”
“That’s fine. I was cleaning and doing some other chores but all I wanted to do was pass out on the spot. It’s not normal for me to want to sleep that much.” Nick kissed her forehead as he stood up.
“OK baby girl. I think you should get some rest.” He pulled her up from the floor and into his arms. She hugged him. He felt her love handles had become more smoothly round. He released her from his embrace and looked at her belly. He smiled.
“Why are you smiling?”
“No reason my love.” Nick had an idea about what the doctor was gonna tell them. But he wasn’t gonna say anything to her. He was gonna wait till the doctor confirmed his suspicions. “Let’s go to sleep baby. I will call my doctor in the morning and make you an appointment.” Nissa laid down on their bed. Nicky Marie and Nacho laid next to her. Nick went downstairs to his studio to work on some songs. He was trying to occupy his mind.
The following morning Nissa got up before Nick. She was so nauseous; she couldn’t find a comfortable position. She got out of bed and decided to make Nick breakfast. Nick woke up to the smell of bacon and syrup. He smiled as soon as he opened his eyes. He went downstairs and found her making some French toast. He snuck on her from behind.
“Hey baby.” He kissed the spot on her neck that never failed to turn her on.
“Good Morning, Rockstar.” She moaned. She leaned into the kiss.
“How are you feeling?”
“I got nauseous this morning but I’m feeling ok for now.”
“I’m still gonna make you an appointment with my doctor. He’s really awesome.”
“Ok my love. But please eat first.” She told him as she set his plate down on the table and kissed him. He slapped her ass when she turned around to walk away. She laughed. Nick ate his breakfast.
“Wow baby that was so delicious. Thank you.”
“You’re welcome baby.” Nick grabbed his phone and dialed his doctor. He made the call then he came back to Nissa.
“I was able to make you an appointment for this afternoon at 1:30.”
“OK baby. Do you have anything planned for today?”
“No I was taking today off to do whatever you wanted.”
“Oh that’s so sweet.” She said as she finished washing the dishes and wiped her hands dry on her jeans. “I guess we can spend the day at the doctor’s.” She laughed.
Nick went upstairs to clean up and get dressed. Nissa laid down on the couch. Nacho laid on her belly. Nicky Marie laid by her head on the pillow. Nissa drifted into a nap. Nick came back down to find that sweet scene. He took a picture and posted it on Instagram. He captioned it, ‘I Live for these moments.’ He went to the balcony to take in the beautiful August beach weather. He couldn’t ask for a better life. He took his phone out and made a memo recording of those words. He was thinking potential song.
He let Nissa sleep till about 2 hours prior to her appointment.
“Nacho. Get off of her.” Nacho jumped off of her and Nick kissed Nissa. “Gummy Bear. Wake up. You have to get ready for your appointment.” She moaned then got up from the couch. She went upstairs to clean up and get dressed. Even after taking the nap she felt like she could sleep for another 20 hours. “Are you OK baby?” He shouted from downstairs.
“Yes Nick. I’m fine. I’m almost done.”
“OK baby. Take your time. We are on time. Nissa got done and made her way downstairs. She grabbed her purse and cell while Nick grabbed the keys to his Range Rover. They got on their way to the doctor’s.
“I honestly think that I have a stomach virus.”
“That’s probably it. But I rather you go and get seen. That way if you need some sort of antibiotic, the doctor can prescribe it.”
“You’re right baby.” She got on her phone while Nick messed with the presets on his Satellite radio. He stopped on the station playing ‘The One’.
“Hey I remember when this song came out. This group was huge. I just can’t remember their names.” Nissa looked at him like he was crazy. He began to sing along to the song and Nissa decided to go along with it.
“It’s called the ‘The One’ and it’s by the Backstreet Boys. You know the boy band that had all those awards. Sold millions of copies of their albums. Oh and the really hot one turned out to be gay. Now nobody knows where they are.” She started laughing. Nick looked at her like ‘Seriously?’ “What?”
“You’re so funny.”
“Why do you say that?”
“Well because I happen to know that Backstreet Boys never left. And the really hot one is definitely not gay.”
“How do you know all this?”
“Well I happen to be the really hot one. And I’m sure I’m not gay.” They laughed. Nissa felt nauseus again.”
“Please stop the car.” Nick pulled over on the side of the road. Nissa got out and threw up.
“Good thing we are gonna see the doctor.” Nissa wiped her mouth with tissue. She got back in the car. Nick waited to make sure she was alright.
“We can go now. I don’t want to be late.”
“OK.” Nick pulled into traffic. “Are you sure you’re alright?”
“Yes. I’ll make it.” They weren’t far from the Doctor’s office. Once there Nick dropped her off at the door and went to park. Nissa waited for him in the lobby. She saw him walking up the parking row. Once again he looked like a God. She was thinking what had she done to deserve such a man. He went through the revolving door. Like one of those dramatic scenes in a RomCom movie. Nissa laughed.
“What’s so funny?”
“Well Mr. Carter. I’ve always said that you know how to make an impressionable entrance.”
“OH?”
“Yep at concerts, meet and greets, and now this. You walking like you own the place and then you do the revolving doors.” He laughed.
“I guess you’re right. I have a thing for dramatic.”
“I know.” She laughed as she buried her hand in his. He lifted it up and kissed it. She smiled at him. They walked into the office. Nissa checked in and sat next to Nick in the waiting room. She was flipping through a magazine and she saw and 1 page article on his engagement. She read it. They finally called her in. Nick stayed in the waiting room. Nissa went in.
"So Miss Sohma, let’s get your vitals. I will also need a urine sample.” The nurse handed her a cup. She checked Nissa’s blood pressure, weight, and checked for a fever. She then showed her the bathroom.
Meanwhile in the waiting room, the receptionist came out to Nick.
“Hey Nick, congrats on your engagement.”
“Thank you Lisa. I’m extremely happy.”
“Was that her that came in?”
“Yep, that’s her.”
“She’s beautiful. She seems really nice.”
“She is amazing.”
“Well I better get back to the desk. It was good to see you.”
“Likewise.” He hugged her and Lisa went back to her desk.
“Miss Sohma, when was your last period?” The nurse asked her poking her head through the door of the room Nissa had been put in.
“April 12th.”
“OK. The doctor will be in shortly.” Nissa waited. Wondering what Nick was up to. She texted him.

Nissa: What are you up to?
Nick: Sitting here reading that magazine you were reading. Has the doctor seen you?
Nissa: No.
Nick: He’s usually quick. You won’t have to wait too long.
Nissa: OK. They are here.

“Miss Sohma, I’m Dr. Henry Spotz.”
“Nice to meet you, I’m Nissa.”
“So tell me about what brings you here.”
“It started a couple of days ago. I went out to lunch with my fiancé and that afternoon, I started vomiting. The following day I kept vomiting and I was exhausted. Later that afternoon my fiancé put on my favorite cologne and I couldn’t stand the smell. I would literally get sick from smelling him.”
“Any other symptoms?”
“No that’s everything that I was going through.”
“OK. So here is what’s going on. We took the urine sample and did a pregnancy test.”
“What was the result?”
“It came out positive!” Nissa didn’t know how to react. She was so happy. She was having a baby with the man that she loved.
“How far along am I?”
“You told the nurse that your last period was in April. So that makes you about 4 months and half along.”
“Wow. That’s amazing. How come I couldn’t tell sooner that I was pregnant?”
“All pregnancies are very different. Some won’t show symptoms till later on. You are past the first trimester. The chances of you losing the baby are less than if you were in the first trimester. So you can share the news to everybody.”
“When can we find out the gender?”
“Actually you’re far along enough to find out right now. I will refer you to an obstetrician. There they will do a sonogram as soon as you get in to see them.”
“Oh this is so awesome. Thank you so much.”
“I will have the nurse call you when we set all that up for you.”
“Thank you.” Nissa made her way out to the waiting room.
“So?” Nick asked her as he got up from the chair.
“I have to go to the pharmacy to get sea sick medicine. It helps with the nausea.”
“OK. But did he say the reason why you are feeling bad?”
“Yes.” Nick was getting impatient.
“What he say?” They were in the elevator. Nissa couldn’t hold the news in any longer. She turned to Nick and held his hands like she was gonna propose.
“Baby, we are pregnant.” Nissa smiled at him. Nick picked her up and held her close.
“You are not lying to me?’
“Baby, no. I’m pregnant.”
“How far along are you?”
“4 months and a half.”
“So we can shout it to the world?”
“Yes.” She told him. She couldn’t help crying happy tears as she saw how happy he was. He kissed her.
“Now my life is perfect. I love you so much, Gummy Bear.”
“I love you more, Rockstar.”
“I love you most.”






¬¬
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11418