Avoidence by Ashahole212
Summary: A Undercover detective is trying to crack a case. What happens when it involves someone you fall for, and not even try?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 11404 Read: 8238 Published: 01/17/04 Updated: 01/17/04

1. Prologue by Ashahole212

2. The Case by Ashahole212

3. Bait by Ashahole212

4. Undercover Secrets by Ashahole212

5. Games by Ashahole212

6. Game Over by Ashahole212

Prologue by Ashahole212
"Shit! What do we do with the body?" Nick asked, scared of getting caught.

"Nick, come on. Help me move her off the bed", answered A.J., grabbing a hold of the girl's arms. Nick grabbed her legs.

"So where are we gonna put her?" Nick asked again, sweating, frightened.

"I have an idea", A.J said all the sudden, dropping her limp body on the ground.

"Where? Not the ocean, they would find her. Not the lake, they will find her too", Nick said in one breathe, hearing police sirens coming near.

"Let's burry her. Deep into the ground. No one would find her there", answered A.J. staring at Nick, who looked satisfied.

They both carried the limp body outside and into the car. The grabbed some shovels and a crate.

"What the hell do you need a crate for?" asked Nick, closing the car door.

"To put her body inside it", answered A.J driving out of the driveway.

They drove for hours until they found the perfect place they were sure no one would find her.

They dug for hours intil they got 6 feet in the ground. They put the body in the crate and dumped the grate in the ground and threw dirt on it, making sure it wasn't obvious. Hours later they were done.
The Case by Ashahole212
"Detective Roberts? Detective Roberts? Ronnie?" screamed Lt. Bobkay.

I walk up from my sleep, wiping the drool on my chin off and sat up. I was sleeping at my desk.

"Yeah", I answered, acting like I was doing something.

"I need you in my office now', he screamed, walking back in his office.

I got up from my desk and walked into the office.

"Detective Roberts, please sit down", he said, pointing to the chair. I sat down. "I have a case for you"

"What about?" I asked, pretending to sound interested.

"Well there is a missing girl. She's been missing for days", he informed, looking at me.

"Who is she?" I asked, somewhat interested.

"Her name is Randell Cooper. She is a senior at Grover High School. She's 17 years old. Here's a picture", he explained, handing me a picture of her.

"She's pretty", I said, giving him back the picture.

"She was last seen leaving the gym, she's a member there. They say she left there around seven o'clock, thursday night. She's been missing ever since", Lt. Bobkay implied, sitting in front of his desk.

"So she's been missing for three days now?" I said, making sure of myself. I hated when they gave me bogus cases like this.

"Yeah, well this is the fourth case we had this week of missing girls, so I'm assuming the kidnapper is the same person or group", he informed, looking straight at me.

"So your saying there's numerous cases of kidnapping and they all fall on the same peron or group? How do you know that?" I asked, a little bit more interested.

"Well every evidence we found, happen to trace back to the same person", he answered, putting his head back.

"And that person is?" I asked, interested.

"Well were postive it is the guys from the that group backstreet boys", Lt. Bobkay answered quickly.

"Who?" I was confused.

"They are a pop group who wins many teens hearts. They are famous and have a lot money. Every evident we found, led it to them, but we really have no physical evidence to prove its them", he answered, sitting back at his desk.

"So you want me to find evidence and a reason to prove those guys are guilty and are indeed the kidnappers", I finally said, leaning in my chair.

"Yes. But there is a catch. Your not the only detective we have. But you are the best one we've got. We need a female detective to do this case. Plus, every female dtective we used, fell in love, got caught and wound up dead", he suddenly said, faking a smile.

"Dead?" I asked, getting scared.

"Well no offence Ronnie, but your the only cold hearted bitch we have. I recommended you. I know that you won't fall in love. You can pretend to be in love, but don't actually fall in love", he said. "You get what I'm saying?"

"Yeah Yeah. I get what your saying. I'm such a bitch, that I don't have the heart to fall in love?" I asked, somewhat getting offendended.

"Well detective, that's what I love about you. Your so dedicated to your job. I mean usually I don't use you for stupid cases like these, only the juicy ones, but right now were in desperate need", I quickly said, assuring me everything would be alright.

"Well I guess. But when do I began this case?" I asked. I was eager to find out what this case would be like. Who the fuck are the backstreet boys?

"Well anytime I suppose. To help you out though, here's a list of some stuff you need to know. A list of their tour dates, a copy of thier schedule, like interviews and such, and information on the girls that are missing". He gave me some papers and a some files and before I was out the door, he said something.

"Detective?" he said. I turned around and looked at him. "Remember, don't fall in love. If they sweet talk you or do anything, remember one thing, avoidance", he hollered back at me.

I finally left the office and went home. I sat on my bed and looked at the files and papers, Lt. Bobkay gave me. I looked at the guys schedule and something caught my eye.

"Saturday, July 18 at Reckor Arena, Tampa FL. Tuesday, July 22 at Reckor Arena, Tampa FL. Thursday, July 24 at Reckor Arena, Tampa FL. Why are they playing here in the same week? Whats in Tampa that is so important?" I asked myself these questions, while reading the tour schedule. They play at the same place three times in one week. "Well of course, that gives them time to kidnapp girls", I said, laying on my bed. "Yeah right, why would they kidnapp girls?" I asked myself, rolling over on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. "If they are so famous and have girls falling at their feet, then why would they even have to kidnapp girls?"

I was way confused. I continued to look in the files, then I saw a picture of the guys. I have to admitt they are cute. "Wait what am I saying, I'm suppose to be solving a case, not drooling over a picture", I scolded myslef.

I looked over the girls files. "Hmm, first victom. Dominque Paris. Seventeen years old. Enrolled at Grand Holy Private school. Oh what a goody goody. Captain of the cheer leading squad, 4.0 GPA, president of her class, prome queen. Looks like those guys did her a favor. What a loser", I said to myself. I opened the second file.

"Second victim. Felicia Demmsdale. Seventeen years old. Attendent North Tampa High Shool. Suspended 4 times in the same year, almost got expelled, ran away from home 3 times, got arrested for assault and property damage and pot. Sounds like my kind of girl". I closed her file and went to my last one.

"Third victom. Taylor O'Ryan. Nineteen years old. Attendent University of Tampa. Majored in Business. Lived in a one bedroom apartment right outside the campus. Hmmm". All these girls sounds like that they hated their life. I closed the files and threw them all on the floor. I was tired of thinking. These files led me to no clue.

I finally fell asleep that night. The next morning I woke up to the phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered sleeply.

"Ronnie, I need you in my office as soon as possible", replied Lt. Bobkay.

I got up, got dressed, and left.
Bait by Ashahole212
I walked in the building and up to Lt. Bobkay's office.

"Detective Roberts, glad you can make it. Please sit", he said, pointing to the chair. "This is Agent Morrison. He's gonna help you on this case".

"Help me? I don't need any help. I don't need a partner", I shouted, leaning forward in my chair.

"Calm down. We'll discuss this in a minute, first what do you have for me?" he asked, waving his hand at me.

"You mean the files you gave me?" I asked, making sure of myself.

"Yeah, that's why I called you in here", he replied, shaking his head at me.

"Well... first, I looked at the guys tour schedule and I notice that they perform here three times in the same week. But everytime they came here, a girl ended up missing", I stated, looking at agent Morrison.

"Detective? Your stating the obvious. We already know this", replied agent Morrison, cocky.

"Well I looked at the files of the first three girls. The first victim, ok she might be kidnapped. The second victim as a record of running away, so she might very well runaway. Now the third victim, she's a grown woman and could hate her life and move somewhere else. Who knows. Now this Randell chick, I looked at the boys schedule and they had a radio appearance the day the girl wound up missing", I presented, not even impressed with myself.

"Look Ronnie, I know that this isn't the case you normally handle, but you can you at least bare with me. It's like your not even trying. Your stating the obvious that we already know. I need something more", Lt. Bobkay, looked at me with a frown. "I have Agent Morrison here to help you".

"I don't need any help!" I repeated to him, gripping the arm of the chair.

"Look, remember I told you what happened to the other female detectives, right? Your all I have left and I don't want to lose you because you are one of the best and usually I use you for juicy cases, not like these, but right now I really need you", he whined, looking at me.

"Lt. Bobkay, if I have Agent Morson..." I started, before being interupted.

"Morrison", Agent Morrison corrected.

"Whatever, he's gonna blow my cover", I said, hoping he'll have a change in mind.

"What do you mean cover?" asked Lt. Bobkay, confused.

"I mean I need bait. The backstreet Boys have a show here Friday, I happened to score two front row tickets, and taking this cocky bastard, he will ruin my cover", I answered, feeling the urge to just laugh.

"How did you get tickets? There all sold out" complained Agent Morrison, looking at me.

"Well its nice to have a brother that works for ticketmaster" I bragged.

"Well what do you mean cover?" continued Lt. Bobkay, interested.

"Well I'm gonna find out what them boys do when they are not performing. According to their schedule, they are in town for 3 days. If I have him with me..." said, pointing at Morrison. "They are gonna think that we are together and they won't go for me because I'm not single".

"So what are you saying?" Asked Agent Morrison, confused.

"Well, I'm gonna need a female partner. Someone who's pretty. Who knows a lot about the boys. Who's not afraid to go with my plan and be used as bait", I explained, standing up from my chair and walking around the room.

"You know what? You had me fooled. I thought that you were gonna just dismissed this case because it looked like you didn't care, but your brillant Ronnie. See why she's the best?" asked Lt. Bobkay, looking at Morrison.

"Well..." Morrison trialed off before being cutt off.

"Sir, if you don't mind. I need you to find me that bait by friday. Tell her to meet me at the Maroon Cafe at 6:30 sharp. Don't be late. The show starts at 7:30. I need to tell her my plan", I informed, getting up from my chair.

"Oh Detective?" replied Lt. Bobkay, looking up from his desk. Agent Morrison was still sitting in the chair.

"Yes?" I answered, turning around to face him.

"Remember what I said. Don't fall in love. Don't listen to the sweet talk and try to avoid your heart and use your brain", he reminded me. I walked out the room and out the building.

Friday 6:30

I was waiting at the cafe. I looked at my watch, whiched seem to be the tenth time in the same minute. It was 6:30 and still no sign of her. Then my cell phone ringed.

"Hello?" I asked, still looking around the cafe.

"Ronnie, she should be there any minute. She's wearing a pink and white striped shirt that's a little off her shoulder and blue jeans. She's got long brownish blonde hair and blue eyes", answered Lt. Bobkay. "Do you see her?"

"Yeah I think", I replied, hanging up the phone. "Over here!" I hollered, waving her down.

"Hello, my name is Conner. You must be Ronnie?" she asked, shaking my hand and sitting down.

"Nice to meet you Conner. I'm glad your here with me", I smiled. I really was. She was pretty and I hoped the guys did too.

"You too. Umm...Lt. Bobkay told me everything and I'm so glad to be working with you", she smiled.

"Same here. Do you have any questions or concern about this whole situation?" I asked, concerned.

"Well my whole perspective of the backstreet boys changed", she said all the sudden. "Omg!"

"What?" I said, confused, why she was making the face. She was looking above my shoulder.

"Look who just walked in?" she replied. I followed her gaze.

"Okay, some men. What's the big deal?" I asked, still confused.

"They're not just men, they're the backstreet boys", she shrieked.

"Are you serious?" I asked, finally realizing its them.

"Yeah and they're walking toward us", she whispered to me.

We both pretended that we were having a conversation when they walked to our table.

"Well hello ladies", greeted a voice, I never heard of.

"Umm... hi", I said all the sudden, looking at Conner, who was just astonished.

"What are you too pretty ladies doing?" he asked again, staring at me.

"Umm... well we are having dinner, since we are in a cafe and they have food here, were here because we are hungry. Isn't that how it usually works?" I said, looking at him strangly.

Then I heard laughter behind him. It was a blonded headed guy that was really tall.

"Well someone is fiesty tonight", he replied, looking at me again. "Do you know who we are?"

"Well we are going to your show in 45 minutes", answered Conner, looking at her watch.

"So you will be there huh?" he said, looking at Conner then at me.

"Looks like to me we will be seeing eachother again huh?" I said, bluntly, faking a smile.

"I guess so. Come on Nick", he said, while the two out of the three men walked over to join their group.

"Well that went well", I said, laughing at Conner.

"I can't believe you. It takes balls to do that. God knows I never would", she said, taking a sip of her soda.

"Omg! Did you see them two fine ladies?" said A.J, looking at the rest of the guys.

"I know the one with the curly hair was kinda fiesty, don't you think?" asked Nick, laughing.

"Yeah, well that makes her even hotter", replied A.J, looking over at the table.

"Yeah well I have the curley hair one, you can have the quiet one", answered Nick, still laughing.

"Bull shit. It's the other way around", replied A.J, looking at Nick.

"Guys? Chill. They are human beings, not objects. Be cool about this. If everything goes well, you can have both", said Brian, butting in. "But I have to admitt, that curly hair one is hot".

"See what I mean. I get her", whined A.J instigating the argument.

"Well hey, they said they are coming to the show", replied Nick, looking at the rest of the guys.

"Cool. We'll make sure they get backstage", implied Howie, eating his food.

"Speaking of backstage, we better hurry up and eat if we wanna make it to the arena on time", informed Kevin, eating his chesseburger quickly.

The show was about to start. The two girls are in dead center, front row.

"So explain to me who they are again", I said, looking at Conner.

"Nick is the tall blonde hair one. A.J is the funny looking one with the sunglasses and funky hair and all the tatoos. Brian is the one with dirty blond hair, Howie is the spanish one with long hair, and Kevin is the one with black hair and piercing green eyes. He's the oldest one", she explained, looking at up at the stage.

"And who's your favorite one?" I asked, screaming at her so I can hear myself.

"Actually, it's A.J. The one you got all fiesty with at the cafe", she answered.

The girls starting screaming and music played really loud. Then five boys jumped out of the stage. I have to admitt, their music wasn't half bad. After the show, two big men came up to us.

"Excuse me ladies, but the guys have informed me to exscort you backstage to them. So if you would follow us", one man said. I grabbed a hold of Conner's hand and followed them backstage.

We went backstage and into a room where the five boys were. The two guards shut the door behind us.

"So we meet again" smiled a man, who I guessed was A.J.

"I guess so", I answered, looking at Conner.

"Please sit", said Nick, pointing to the couch.

"So what are your names?" Nick asked, staring at me.

"I'm Connor", she answered, pointing at herself.

"And you are?" he asked me, smiling.

"Ronnie", I answered, my eyes wondering.

"So I'm assumming your ladies are backstreet boys fans?" asked Howie, sitting beside me.

"Well she is", I quickly said, feeling somewhat uncomfortable.

"Your not?" asked Nick, sounded hurt.

"Well, tonight she had to explain to me who you guys were. So I'm assuming your Howie and you are Nick?" I said, looking at the both men.

"And you assume right", Nick laughed and looked at the other guys.

"So how do you guys like Tampa so far?" Conner asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"It's alright. We been here many times before. I have to admit, it ain't like no other place", Kevin replied, taking a seat beside Conner.

"Oh, so you been here before?" I asked, taking advantage of this conversation. If I remember correctly, Kevin is the one who enjoys a good conversation.

"Yeah. I can't get enough of this place" he answered, looking at me.

"What's so interesting about this place?" I asked, trying to get something out of this.

"Well the honey's here" A.J butted in, laughing.

"Besides that, it's a beautiful place. The parks, the beaches, the people are so friendly, well beside you", Kevin smiled at me. Then he continued. "That's why we always try to schedule some performances and appearances here because we love it so much".

"And what do you do here, besides performing or making appearance?" I asked, becoming interested.

"Well, like I said the people here are so friendly. It is peaceful here. You can bascially get away with anything", he said, before realizing what he said and quickly changing the subject.

"So what brings you here?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Work" I answered, looking at Conner. She was talking to A.J and Brian. Nick was sitting next to me.

"Well what do you do?" Nick asked me, loking at me. I leaned back on the couch.

"Well I work for an insurance company. I always get transferred to different places", I lied. Oh well, it's a part of my job.

"How long have you worked at the insurance company?" Kevin asked, looking at Conner and then back at me.

"Almost nine years", I manage to say, before realizing what was gonna happen when Kevin looked at Conner and I quickly stood up.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked, becoming worried.

"It's getting late. Conner? I think it's time for us to go" I said, giving her a 'I don't like this' look.

"Okay", she replied, walking over to me.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys, but we have to go", I quickly said, before feeling someone grabbing my arm.

"How can we meet up with you ladies again?" asked A.J, giving me a weird look.

"Well... you found us before. Maybe you can find us again" I answered and I grabbed Conner's arm and we walked out the room.

"Why did you let them get away?" asked Brian, confused.

"Huh?" asked Nick, confused as well.

"This room is sound proof. We could had them right here and now", replied Brian, getting pissed off.

"Chill Brian. It ain't like their getting far", A.J snorted back.

"What do you mean, we never let any girls get away before?" implied Brian, sitting down on the couch.

"It's okay B-rok. I have a good feeling about them girls", retorted Kevin, giving the guys a weird glance.

The next morning I was in Lt. Bobkay's office.

"So how was the show?" he asked, giving me a strange look.

"Well, it wasn't half bad. We got to go backstage and personally meet them" I answered, looking at him strangly.

"Did you find any information about them and the victims?" he asked, tapping his pen against his desk.

"Well I asked them why they are here so much and during my conversation with them, one of them said 'we can get away with anything'" I quoted, looking at him, confused.

"Well good job, but not good enough", he replied, getting up from his desk.

"Lt. Bobkay, are you alright?" I asked, looking at him.

"Well Ronnie, I have some bad news", he continued.

"Well...?" I manage to say before I was interupted.

"Last night, Conner was found dead. She was located by a dumpster down town. No evidence was found. Not any skin, sperm, particles, none", he stated, sadly.

"What do you mean? She was fine last night with me?" I asked, confused.

"This was after you dropped her off and went home", he sadly answered. "I'm sorry".

"There was no evidence found. Was she rape? What?" I asked, many thoughts going through my head.

"Well the police reported that it was a struggle and that it was a rape and she was murdered. But they did the murder so well, that police can't even find one piece of DNA or evidence", he explained to me. I felt so bad. I knew it was one of the guys I just had to prove it somehow.
Undercover Secrets by Ashahole212
"So what are you gonna do?" Lt. Bobkay asked me, looking at me, concerned.

"Well... I think it's time to get personal", I answered, walking out the office and towards my desk. He followed me.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked, confused to what I was doing.

I got a key out of my pocket and opened a big drawer in my desk. I pulled out a brief case and opened it.

Inside the brief case was a tape recorder, a 22 pistol, pepper spray, handcuffs, pair of sun glasses with a camera attached to it, walkie talkies, a cell phone, ear plugs, camera clips, and a lap top.

"What's all that stuff for?" asked Lt. Bobkay, looking at me strangely and confused.

"Well if I can't beat them at their own game, I'm gonna play the game", I replied, smiling and closing the brief case.

"I like the way you think. I'm gonna give you permission to follow. I already have concent from the cheif. I wanna a report from you every hour of the day. Detective, you have three days. Be careful and one word advice...Avoid", Lt. Bobkay warned. He gave me a hug and I left the building.

I got into my car and I opened my lap top. I went onto a website where it told me the boys schedule.

4:00pm Articts Studio

I was in my car, watching the building with my sunglasses on and binoculars. I watched until I saw 5 men walk out of the building, laughing and goofing off.

"Alright guys. Let's go fine us some honeys", laughed A.J, skipping on the sidewalk.

Soon they walked into a diner. I saw them take a seat. I made my move. I parked my car and put all my things in a purse and walked inside.

"Omg! Look who just walked in", said Nick all the sudden.

"Who?" Brian asked, turned around in his seat.

"Don't be so obvious", Nick replied, looking at me. "It's that girl from last night. Remember the fiesty one?"

"Are you sure that's her. I mean that girl looked hotter. Well I mean she is hot, but that girl had really curly hair. She has long striaght hair", answered A.J, butting into the conversation.

I sat down at a booth and grabbed a menu. I acted like I was waiting for someone. I looked over at the boys and they looked like they were having a converstaion.

"Man, why don't you go over to her?" replied Kevin, giving Nick a shove.

"No! I'm going over there. She is mine", A.J said all at once. Before he can get up, Nick pulled him back down.

"No I'm going over there. You had your turn last night. It's my turn", Nick whined, getting up.

"Are you sure your gonna go through with this? Your not gonna wuss out are you?" teased Howie, taking a sip if his coffee.

"Na. I'll be alright", he said, walking towards me.

I was drinking my coffee and pretending to look out the window, when I saw Nick coming over towards me out the corner of my eye.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked me, smiling.

I faced him and smiled. "Well I'm actually waiting for someone", I answered, faking a smile.

"Oh well... I'll move when your friend shows up", he replied, taking a seat across from me. "Having we met before?"

"Well I'm sure I'll remember that cute little face of yours", I quickly replied, flirting a little bit.

"No I'm sure we have. Didn't you go to a backstreet boys concert last night?" He asked, looking at me, strangely.

"Yeah, with my girlfriend", I answered, pretending to sound confused.

"Well I'm one of the members you met last night, backstage", he replied, sounding hurt.

"Oh, now I remember", I said, faking a laughter.

"See I knew I recogonized you. Your hair is a lot different today", he said all the sudden, making conversation.

"Yeah I straighten it today", I replied, sounding not amused.

"What, did you get off work?" He asked me, throwing me off guared.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You look like you just got off work", he answered, looking me up and down.

"No I'm actually on my lunch break. I'm suppose to be meeting a friend here, but looks like she's not showing up", I answered, looking out the window, pretending to be upset.

"Well your more than welcomed to join me and my gang", he offered, pointing to his table.

"No thanks. I better be going anyways. Thanks though", I said, standing up.

"Well can I see you again?" He asked, pratically begging.

"You wanna see me again?" I asked, actually surprised.

"Well yeah. I mean I did come over here and try to talk to you. I had to fight my shyness", he blushed, smiling.

"Aww that's so cute" I teased, laughing. "Well... I get off work in a couple of hours. Umm..." I trailed off, thinking of a place where it would be crowded. "Um... why don't you meet me at um...Ted's bar and Grill. It's down town".

"What time?" he asked, standing up with me.

"Around...8:30-9ish", I replied, smiling at him and put money down on the table. I walked out the diner.

As I was walking toward my car, I could feel eyes burning on me. I smiled and drove away.

"Lt. Bobkay, the guys are meeting me at Ted's Bar and Grill around 9", I reported, talking on my cell phone and driving.

"Okay, well I'll have a couple of guys there, pretending they are just some regular costumer's looking to have a good time. I'll call you 9:05 exactly and tell you details", he informed, hanging up the phone.

8:45 Ted's Bar and Grill

I was sitting at the bar. It was a crowded night, like I hoped it would be. I was wearing a yellow tanktop with khaki skort and sandals. I let my hair going curly this time. I was drinking a beer when someone came up from behind me.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked, smiling at me.

"It is now", I smiled back, looking at him. "You didn't have trouble finding this place, did you?"

"No not at all", Nick answered, ordering a drink.

"Are you here alone?" I asked, looking at him, hoping he was.

"No. The guys are around here somewhere" he said, looking me and up and down. "You look nice tonight".

"Thanks. You do too", I replied, taking another sip of my beer. "So how long are you in town for?"

"Two more days", he answered, bobbing his head to the music. Suddenly my cell phone runged.

"Excuse me real quick", I said, before answering my cell phone.

"Okay, there are three men there. One is wearing a black tight shirt, big fellow, with black spiked hair. The second one is a short guy, but built, blond hair, pulled back into a pony tail and the third, a black guy, big big dude", replied Lt. Bobkay. "They are their to help you. If they sense you are in any danger, they will make a move. Go with the flow. Remember they are pretending". With that he hung up. I shut my cell phone and turned to face Nick.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, looking at me concerned.

"Yeah. Just a friend", I lied, looking around for the men. I saw one man that was described to me, sitting on a chair. Another man, sitting at the other end of the bar, and the third man, playing pool. They all waved at me. I smiled, feeling safe. I love Lt. Bobkay.

"Hey, who are you looking at?" Nick asked, finishing his beer off.

"No one. Hey do you wanna play a game of pool?" I asked him, changing the subject.

"Well I'm not much into pool. Do you wanna dance?" he asked, looking at the dance floor.

"Sure", I answered, grabbing for his hand. We walked to the dance floor and suddenly a slow song came on.

We started slow dancing.

"So how long have you lived in Tampa?" Nick asked, moving his body with mine.

"My whole life", I replied. I did like the posotion I was in right now.

"Wow. I live in West Palm Beach Florida", he replied, holding me close to him.

"Kool. Not that far huh?" I smiled, looking up at him.

"Nope not at all", he answered, looking down at me. "So what do you do for fun?"

"Work, mostly. I'm very deticated to my job. I usually go have a couple of drinks with some friends after work, but that's about usually it", I said, realizing my life was pethitic.

"Yeah I can relate to that. I'm always on the road, working 24 7", he whispered in my ear. It sent chills up my spin.

"Yeah. I guess. To be honest with you, I never even heard of the Backstreet boys before, until my friend told me about you guys and dragged me to your concert", I smiled, feeling somewhat awkward.

"That's okay. It's nice to know someone likes me for me, not what I do", he replied, feeling grateful.

"What makes you think I like you?" I said, joking.

"Well your dancing with me, aren't you", he teased, laughing.

"Well that's because I didn't want to hurt your feelings" I played along and laughed.

"You know what? Your different from most girls, Ronnie" he suddenly said.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, thinking back on what Lt. Bobkay told me.

"You seem natural. Not fake. Not trying to impress. You know what I mean?" he asked, looking at me, strangly.

"Is that what you say to every girl you dance with this close?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"No. Just you", he replied. Suddenly the music stopped and we went to the booth where all the guys were sitting at.

"Well hello Ronnie, nice to see you again", greeted Kevin, sliding over, so I can sit down.

"You too", I said, feeling awkward. Suddenly my eyes started wondering around for them three men, until I found them and they were looking at me.

All of us started talking for awhile, until Nick asked me to take a walk with him. I gave a signal for them three men to follow.

"It's beautiful out here isn't it?" Nick asked, walking beside me through the park.

"Yeah it is" I answered, looking up at the sky.

"But not as beautiful as you", Nick blushed.

"Oh, that was original" I replied, looking at him and laughing.

"Serious. You are very beautiful. And I'm glad I have met someone like you", he continued, trying to hold my hand.

"And how many girls did you tell that one too?" I asked, looking at him. Teasing him.

"Only you", he quickly said, saving his self the embarrassment.

"Well... let's go back inside", I quickly said, heading toward the bar.

We walked back inside and all the guys were sitting at the booth.

"Nick? I have to go to the bathrrom. I'll be right back", I said, walking toward the bathrooms.

"Well... so whats going on?" A.J asked, looking at Nick, curious.

"Not her man", he replied, putting his head down.

"What do you mean not her?" asked Kevin, becoming furious.

"Well... I like her a lot. I mean she's different. She's not like any other girl. She seems tuff. You know?" Nick replied, looking at all the guys.

"No I don't know. Nick you know your not suppose to fall for a girl. That's rule number one. And this...Nick you need to grow some balls and get this show on the road. You need to fuck her now and then get rid of her", whispered Brian loudly to Nick.

"I know Brian, but can we choose a different girl. I mean I know it's mine turn and all, but not her okay?" he whined, looking in the direction the bathrooms were.

"Nick. Not now. No. You were set here to do this and god dammit your gonna do it. Yes she's a fine peice of ass, but we have a deal. You backed out on us before, if I have to kill you myself, your gonna do this and you gonna do this tonight", screamed Kevin, softly so no one could hear him.

"Can we at least wait until tomorrow?" Nick pleaded with his blue eyes.

"No because you might not see her tomorrow. We are gonna finish this place off and move on to the next one", replied Howie, getting upset.

"Please can we wait?" Nick whined again. He pleaded with his eyes.

"Fine whatever", Brian said, becoming pissed off.

Not long after, I finally came back to the table.

"Well guys, it was really nice seeing you again, but I should be going", I announced, looking at my watch.

"Let me walk you to your car", Nick offered, getting out of the booth.

He walked me to my car and we both stopped and looked at eachother.

"Well I had a good time tonight", replied Nick, breaking the silence.

"Yeah me too", I said smiling.

"We must do this again tomorrow night. But a different place", Nick said, smiling at me.

"Sure. I don't get off work until 5 so why don't we meet up at Buwswa Night Club at 9?" I offered, hoping he would say yes.

"Sure that sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow night then", he smiled. I gave him a hug, and while giing him a hug, I unclipped a little camera I had put on him during out slow dance.

We let go and I got into my car and drove away.
Games by Ashahole212
"Roberts, I can't believe you. Omg! This is so great. Even though there's no sound, you pretty much can understand what they're saying", answered Lt. Bobkay, looking at the tv screen.

"Lt? I'm still gonna follow them around and see what's going on. There were no murders or kidnapps last night, so that's a good start", I replied, looking at Lt. Bobkay.

"Are you sure? I mean they are planning on killing you? Your gonna still play the game?" asked Lt. Bobkay, concerned and worried.

"Well I know what they're capable of and the blond one Nick seems like he won't do any harm. It seems like he cares and is falling for me. So whatever I'm doing, it seems to be working", I suddenly said, looking down at the floor.

"Your not developing any feelings for him are you? I mean this could be his little scam. Like you said, don't trust anyone", remarked Lt. Bobkay, becoming confused.

"Well...no not exactly. I mean I wanna know whats going on and want to find out if they truly are the killers or kidnappers", I replied, knowing that he wasn't buying it.

"Look Ronnie, the reason I called you on this case is because I knew you would be the last person to fall for some dork. Ronnie, your better than that. The last couple of girls I had done this case, fell in love, and then wound up being dead. I don't want that for you. You know how to hide and hold back your feelings. I'm not saying you will never fall in love or find the right person, but right now is not the time. I know you are not gonna let some popular guys sweet talk you in to falling for them. Your far from that", Lt. Bobkay gushed, sounding sincere and concerned.

"I know. But I have them right where I want them", I laughed, changing the subject.

"Alright, well make me proud and get back to work", he smiled, walking out of his office.

I finally left the building. I went to my car when I heard someone walking behind me. I quickly turned around and it was Nick.

"Hey there", he greeted, smiling at me.

"Hi", I answered, feeling awkward right now.

"Why were you leaving a police department?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"My brother works here. I was just visiting him", I lied, smiling, hoping he would leave it at that.

"Oh kool. So what are you doing?" he asked me, looking straight at me.

"Nothing really. Going home", I quickly said, trying to get into my car.

"Well hey if your not doing anything, maybe you would like to join me at the beach?" he offered, looking at me, smiling.

"Well... I mean... I got...", I stuttered, trying to escape.

"Oh come on. It'll be fun and I have only one more day left. I thought I'd spend it with you", I said, becoming upset. It made a puppy dog face.

"Nick, I love to but... I can't", I said, turning him down.

"Why not?" He spoke sadly.

"Because I have things to do today" I lied, hoping he would just let me leave.

"Alright", he pouted, giving me sad eyes.

"Sorry", I said. I got into my car. He closed my door for me and I drove away.


"Oh man, she turned down the puppy face look?" Joked Brian, laughing. "Man, I guess she's not the one Nick".

"I know. I couldn't believe it either. I mean every girl I see or meet falls for it every time", Nick complained, looking at all the guys.

"Well Nick, do you really want her?" A.J. asked, staring at Nick.

"Yeah... I mean...well she's different. It's like I don't want to hurt her, but protect her", Nick confessed, looking down at the ground.

"Nick, you can't back out on us now. I mean it is your turn. You gotta do this?" Kevin informed, touching Nick's shoulder.

"Can I chose a different girl besides her?" Nick asked, with a hopeful look on his face.

"Well I don't see why not", Howie intrudent. "You have to do it tonight".


I was riding around in my car, when I saw the boys coming out of the studio. I grabbed my binoculars and watched them. It was getting dark. I saw Nick come up to a girl and started talking to her. She was laughing and he didn't seem amused. They started walking side by side into a building. I quickly got out of my car and went into the building.

I looked all around and it was dark. I grabbed my flashlight and looked around. The place looked closed. Then I saw a backdoor opened that led outside. I walked outside and saw all men huddled around the girl. The girl couldn't scream because her mouth was tapped up. I put my hand over my mouth and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

The boys started saying shit and the girl looked scared. Then all the sudden Nick pushed her down on her back and started ripping her clothes off. He was on top of her and moments passed, what seemed to be Kevin, took a bag and straggled her to death.

I looked over and saw a pile of dirt piled up. They threw her down in a hole and started filling it up with dirt. I quickly ran out of the building and into my car and drove away, back to the police department.

"Lt. Bobkay!" I screamed, bursting into his office.

"What's wrong Ronnie?" Lt. Bobkay stood up from his sit and sat me down in the chair. I was shaking and scared.

"You will never believe what I saw" I said, shaking.

"What happened?", he asked, concerned and worried.

"The boys...in the builing...a girl... buried" I manage to say before bursting into tears.

"Okay calm down Ronnie. It's okay. You done this a million times before", he assured, calming me down, but not succeeding.

"Well I was following the boys like usual when Nick started talking to some girl and they walked into a building together. I followed. Then I saw all the boys huddled around a girl that...looked so scared...and was crying...and I couldn't do anything about it", I said, bursting into tears. "I never saw anything like it".

"Then what happened?" he asked, holding my hand.

"Well... I looked... over and saw a pile of dirt. But first... Nick pushed the girl down and got on top of her... then they strangled her and threw her down in this hole... and... and... covered it back up with the dirt", I said, standing up from my seat and walking back and fourth.

"Did they see you?" he asked, curious.

"No" I replied, shaking my head.

"Did you get anything down? Camera? Video?" He asked again, looking at me.

I shooked my head no. "I'm gonna go back there", I quickly said.

"Oh no, your not going back there", he replied, standing before me.

"I have too. What if there are the other missing girls there too?" I quickly answered, collecting myself together.

"Not alone", he replied, giving in.


The next day I met a guy at the police department to come with me. We returned to the same building.

I started digging things up and came to a piece of necklace. I picked it up and started digging in the ground at the same place. Suddenly I came to an arm. I started digging more and suddenly I saw a young girl. I grabbed my cellphone.

"What did you find?" answered Lt. Bobkay, knowing it was me.

"Your not gonna believe this?" I replied, shocked.

"At this point, I'll believe anything", he answered, laughing at himself.

"Well I found the first victim. A young girl. I need the police here and the sev team right away", I said, hanging up the phone.

Soon after I had everyone there. We found the four bodies that were missing and the girl I saw last night. They have no physical evidence who it is, but I know who it is. And I'm gonna catch them.

I left there and went home. I went into my apartment, took a shower and changed. I was leaving my apartment building when I saw Nick, just about to buzz me.

"Nick? What are you doing here?" I said, becoming scared.

"Well someone told me you lived here... and well... I thought I would surprise you", he replied, smiling at me. He handed me a single rose.

"Well you sure succeeded", I said, not ammused.

"Well look, Ronnie. I was wondering, since it was my last night here... I was wondering if maybe we could get to know eachother better?" He asked, with plead in his eyes.

"Why do you wanna get to know me better?" I asked, taking advantage of this.

"Well, I like you a lot. I mean... your different...from most girls... and I would really like to get to know you better" he said, nervously.

"Well if tonights your last night, then why would you wanna waste your time with me?" I asked, becoming confused.

"Well... I... I wanted to enjoy my last night here with someone special", he replied, looking at me, smiling.

"Alright what the hell", I said, giving in.

He took my hand and we got into his car. We drove until we got to a beach.

"I like it here. It gives me time to think. Peace. You Know?" Nick asked, looking up at the sky.

"Yeah", I answered, feeling uncomfortable.

"So why don't you tell me a little about yourself?" He asked me all the sudden.

"Well what do you wanna know?" I asked, becoming confused.

"Well, like what do you like to do for fun? What are you into?" He asked, looking at me.

"My job. I'm very deticated to my job. I work like 247", I quickly lied, staring at the sand.

"Well looks like we have something in common. But don't you work for the insurance company?" He asked all the sudden, looking at me strangly.

"Well what can I say", I tried to play it off by laughing and shrugging my shoulders.

"Something tells me your not telling the truth", he murmured to me, knocking me out of thought.

"Huh?" I said all the sudden, looking at him.

"Something tells me that your really not an insurance lady", he replied, looking at me.

"Well what makes you think that?" I asked, trying to cover myself.

"Well... being a insurance lady and being so deticated to their job, well it just doesn't seem good enough. People I know hate their job, when they work for an insurance company", he replied, grinning at me.

"Well what do you do for fun? 'Besides killing little girls'" I said to myself, quickly changing the subject.

"Well as you already know, I'm a backstreet boy and Im on the job 247 as well. Performing is what I love to do", he laughed proudly.

"Yeah and killing little girls", I said softly, barely above a whisper.

"What was that?" He asked, sure he heard me say something.

"Nothing" I quickly said, covering myself.

"Well are you gonna tell me the truth" He asked me again, getting back on his subject.

"Are you gonna tell me the truth?" I said, turning the tables on him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused, and stopped laughing.

"Well, performing is not all you do?" I asked, taking advantage of this converstaion.

"Well I hang out with all the guys", He replied, lieing.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Sure?" He replied, becoming nervous.

"Rememer at your show, when me and my friend was there and I was sitting on the couch between you and Kevin?" I asked, flirting with him.

"Yeah, how can I forget?" He suddenly said, taking a big gulp.

"Well when I asked Kevin why do you love it here so much, he said you guys can get away with anything, what did he mean by that?" I asked, putting my hand in my pocket and turning on the recorder.

"Well if I tell you this, you promise you won't say anything?" He asked, becoming insecure.

"I promise", I lied.

"Well me and the guys have this game called avoidance. Well we see a girl that we like and we try to get her number, and sometimes get into bed with her. But the whole point of the game is not to fall in love. So if you fall in love with a girl, then you lose", He quickly explained, turning his head to the ground.

"Well what happens if you lose?" I asked, leading him on.

"Well if you lose... well... I don't know. I never lost. But I think I am going to though", he smiled at me, grabbing my hand.

"Why are you losing?" I asked, becoming confused.

"Because I'm falling in love", he said, leaning in towards me.

I turned my head away. "What happenes if the girl doesn't corporate and doesn't want get with you, any of you?"
I became scared.

"Well...what are you saying? You don't want to get with me?" He said, letting go of my hand and looking at me.

"Well... I'm not really into you Nick. I mean the sweet talking is nice and wanting to get to know me, well it's all been nice and all...but...", I manage to say before being cut off.

"But what?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"Look I really should be going", I said, getting up.

Suddenly I heard foot steps behind me. I turned around and there were the guys all looking at me.

"So Ronnie, we meet again", smiled A.J, grinning at me. I looked at Nick and he looked shocked.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nick asked a little uneasy.

"Well Nicky, we thought we should help you out", Brian said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Help him out with what?" I asked, becoming scared.

"Well I'm sure Nicky here told you about our little game. But I'm afraid he has left out some important rules", teased Howie, surrounding me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. I was frozed and couldn't move.

"Well if the girl runs away from either of us, well she dies. If she gives in to us, well... she still dies. No one lives Ronnie. Not even you", Kevin explained, giving me an evil glance.

"But what if you fall in love with that girl?" I asked, playing along.

"Then whoever fell in love with you, decides on whether you should live or not", informed Howie, looking straight at me.

"But what if I don't love him back?" I asked, scared.

"Well if he can't have you, no one can", Brian explained, coming toward me.

"Why do you asked that?" asked Kevin,looking at me. I looked at Nick and then back at Kevin.

"Nicky, you didn't fall for this girl, did you?" Kevin asked, becoming pissed.

"Well... sort of... I mean...yeah", he answered, looking down.

"Well then Nicky decides on whether or not to kill her", replied A.J, looking at Nicky, then back at me.

"Well whats it gonna be?" asked Howie, becoming impatient.

"Well...look at it this way. If you decide to let her go, she will run and tell and we be caught. But if you decide to kill her, then everything would be alright. Plus you lose and the game is over, you lose everything, if you decide she lives", explained Kevin, looking at Nick.

"Well..." Nick stuttered, looking at me.

I couldn't help it but let a tear escape my eye. I was so scared at that moment.

"Man I just wanna hold her and tell her everything would be alright", Nick said to himself. He looked at me, then down to the ground.

"Well, whats it gonna be?" asked Brian, becoming impatient.

Nick took a deep breathe and looked down. "Kill her".

I started running and they chased after me.
Game Over by Ashahole212
I was running fast. I didn't quit know where I was, but I did hear foot steps and yelling behind me. They were on my tail. I had to do something.

I saw a little diner not far in distance and quickly ran in the place. I ran into the bathroom.

"Shit man. There's people here. We really can't do anything", stampered Brian, looking around for me.

I quickly grabbed my cellphone.

"Hello?" Answered Lt. Bobkay.

"It's me. Look I'm being chased. I need help", I said, trying to hold back my tears.

"Ronnie? Where are you?" He asked, becoming concerned and quickly ran out the building into his car, still on the cellphone.

"I'm at a little Diner, looks like off of route 7, in Pinesville", I said, looking out the bathroom window. I do know my way around Florida.

"I'm on my way. I'll call for back up. What's the diner called?" He asked, driving towards the diner.

"Owen's Diner", I quickly replied.

Suddenly I heard a voice behind the door. I knew it was Nicks'. Then I heard kicking against the door and pounding. I looked out the window to see if any of the guys was out there. I knew it was clear.

I jumped out the window and started running again.

"Look! There she is" yelled A.J, pointing toward me. I ran as fast as I could.

I ran into this beat up looking shack. I had out run them. I called Lt. Bobkay.

"I'm at an old looking shack. It's near the diner", I quickly said, hanging up.

I heard the boys coming closer and I knew I had to hide or run.

"Where is she? I know I saw her run in here", screamed Howie, looking around.

"We can't let her get away", whispered Nick, looking concerned.

I saw them and I knew they saw my shadow. I ran out the shack. They ran after me. I saw this deserted looking building that looked so fimilar. I played there all the time as a child. I ran inside.

"Lt. Bobkay, I'm at Sedar Building. Now I know where I am. Come quick", I cried. I tried to hide.

"Where the hell are we?" Asked Kevin, slowly walking around.

I knew it would be awhile before Lt. Bobkay gets here. At least 45 minutes.
I hid, but I could still hear the boys voices.

"Look guys we need to split up. She could be anywhere", said Brian, looking at the guys.

"Yeah, good idea", agreed Kevin. The boys split up. I knew I had to think of something quick. I ran up the stairs.

I was behind a wall. It's been awhile since I been here. We used to play hide and seek all the time. I wasn't any good at it, but this is the time I had to be smart and think quick. I heard foot steps near and I saw a shadow with the moon reflecting on it.

I knew it was Howie. I will never forget how short he was. I saw a piece of wood, 4x4, and quickly grabbed it. I stood behind the wall and waited for him to approach.

He came near and I swung hard as I could and knocked him on the ground. He was unconscience and I made a run for it.

"Look there she is" screamed A.J, running after me.

I quickly hid again. I was hiding behind a door and saw a pipe. I quickly grabbed it. He was coming closer and I burst from behind the door and started swinging and knocking him to the ground, continuing to hit him. Blood was everywhere. I ran again.

I ran back downstairs and before I got to the stairway, I saw Brian come up the stairs. I quickly hid behind a wall. I knew he saw me. He ran up the stairs and I quickly jumped in front him, kicking him down the steps. He laid at the bottom of the steps. I quickly made my way down the stairs, I slow down when I got near Brian. I was afraid he might get up and attack me. I knew he wasn't getting up.

I made my way into a dark room with no windows. Then I heard a noise and felt something grab me. He pulled me to where I could see his face and knew it was Kevin.

"Finally I got you, you little bitch", he murmured, making his grip on me tighter.

I thought fast, and I kneed him in the nuts. He let go and bent somewhat down. Then I kicked him the face. He fell down and I kept kicking him and finally I ran off.

I got to an unfimilar room. It was somewhat dark and I could barely see suddenly I heard sirens near and I had a feeling everything would be okay. I quickly ran for the door, out of the room, when I felt hands around my waist, pulling me back. I was sitting on a person's lap and then I heard a whisper in my hear.

All the sudden a candle was lit. I saw Nick's face and he quickly put his hand on my mouth to keep me from screaming.

"I didn't want it to turn out this way. I don't want to hurt you", he whispered softly, removing his hand from my mouth.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, a tear escaping my eye.

He quickly rubbed it away and looked at me.

"Your not really an insurance agent are you?" He asked, giving me a knowing look.

I shook my head no.

"Then what do you do, that your on your job 247?" He asked, looking at me, still holding me in his lap.

"I'm a detective. I'm working on a case and your my suspect", I said quietly, looking down.

"Am I doing good?" He asked, giving me a half smile.

"Yeah I guess", I said, letting my tears flow freely now.

"Aww Ronnie, don't cry. I'm not gonna hurt you. I knew you were different. All the other girls that I had been with fell in love, but you avoid it and I couldn't understand why?" He said, turning me to face him. I was still on his lap, my legs stradling him and I'm looking at him.

"Well to be honest with you, I started liking you, but until I saw what you did with that girl, I couldn't believe it", I manage to say. I was too scared to say anything.

"I never wanted to do it Ronnie, you got to believe me. If I wanted to hurt you, I could easily killed you now", he whispered, looking at me sincere.

"I found the other 4 victims. I can't look at you the same way", I said, trying to get up, but his hands were keeping me down.

"I fell in love with you. You are not like most girls and I love that about you. But I can't let you go", Nick said, all the sudden, becoming serious.

"So what are you gonna kill me?" I asked, starting to tremble.

"No. I'm gonna have you right here and now", he said, lifting me somewhat up.

"What do you mean? Your gonna rape... me and then... kill... me... as well?" I said, my voice becoming shaky.

"Well you can't rape the willing", He quickly said, before laying me on the ground, his grip becoming tighter to where I can't move.

"Please, let me go" I creid, trying to fight back.

"Ronnie, if you coorporate, no ones gonna get hurt. The faster we get this done, the faster it would be over", he smiled at me, putting his lips on mine. I bit his bottom lip. His lip started bleeding.

"You bitch! Look I was trying to be nice guy here, but you just fucked up", he shrieked, wiping the blood of his lip. He jerked me up in his arms.

"Let me go!" I screamed, tryig to fight back. He was stronger than any of the other guys.

He lifted me up and carried me to a room. He layed me on the floor and found some rope. He tied my arms up to a pipe that was attached to a wall and tied my legs to a piece of board that was attached to the floor.

He started lifting up my shirt and exploring my upper body.

"Oooh, looks like someone as been working out", his eyes wondering, taking one of my boobs in his mouth. He started planted butterfly kissed all over my body.

I had to admitt, I did get a little excited, but yet felt dirty at the same time. That murder from last night, ran through my mind and I wanted so bad to kill him. I started fighting back and started moving my lips away from him.

"Now now. You don't have to be fiesty with me. Just relax and everything will be alright", he said, taking of my pants.

Well I haven't got laid in over a year and it did feel nice having pleasure like this, but wrong guy.

"See, just relax and let me give you pleasure", he replied, looking me up and down. He stuck a finger in me and started massaging me. I moaned in pleasure. Then he took me in his mouth. I arched back and moaned loudly.

"Someone's liking this I see", he smled up at me. My eyes were closed. "See I knew you would like this. You taste so good".

"Okay can you stop teasing me and get on with it?" I asked, looking down at him.

"Yes Ma'am", he obeyed and pulled off his pants. He went inside me and are bodies moved as one. We both screamed in pleasure and he screamed my name. Suddenly I was about to burst and he burst inside. I arched back, exploding. He laid on top of me, his head in the crook of my neck. We were both out of breathe.

"Omg! That was amazing. As many girls I had, I have to say, that was the best", he announced, looking up at me. My head was turn toward a small window. A tear escape my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, putting my pants back on me and my shirt.

"I can't believe I just did that", I manage to say, not looking at him.

"Ronnie, it's okay. I didn't hurt you, did I?" He asked, turning my head to face him. "Gosh, she's so beautiful", he thought.

"I bet you say that to every girl, before killing them, huh?" I said all the sudden, catching him off guard.

"NO! Ronnie, I'm not gonna hurt you", he replied, untieing me. He lifted me up and pulled me into a hug.

"Well, detectives and killers don't match", I answered, faking a smile.

"Yeah I guess not. And you weren't suppose to fall in love", he laughed, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I guess we both lost then", I quickly said, sniffing my tears back. Suddenly I heard sirens again and footsteps throughout the building.

"So I guess I'm never gonna see you again huh?" Nick asked, looking straight at me.

"Yeah you will. Just remember I work for the police department. Your a prisoner", I laughed. He helped me up and I hugged him one last time. "Look Nick, there gonna come in here soon and I'm gonna pretend I have you captured by holding a gun to you", I quickly said, looking at him.

"But you don't have a gun?" Nick said, confused.

"Yeah I do", I replied, pulling out gun from my shoe. It was a tiny hand gun.

"I can't believe I missed that", smiled Nick.

"Yeah well you were never cut out to be a criminal or police officer", I laughed, pointing the gun at him. "My advice is, stick with performing".


"FREEZE!" yelled Lt. Bobkay, bursting into the room, holding a gun and a flashlight. "Omg! Roberts! Thank god your alright", he said, walking toward me.

"Yeah I'm alright", I replied, putting my gun down.

"Well we'll take it from here. We have the rest of the guys downstairs. Come on let's go", Lt. Bobkay said, putting his arms around my shoulder. The police burst into the building and grabbed Nick. We were all outside.

"You really out did yourself", replied Lt. Bobkay, sitting on the edge of the ambulance.

"Yeah, well it wasn't easy. Plus look what I got" I said, and pulled out a tape recorder. He laughed.

"Well Ronnie, yet another case solved", Lt. Bokay said relieved.

"Yeah I guess so", I sadly replied.

"That's why I'm promoted you to cheif of undercover detectives", Lt. Bobkay granted, smiling at me.

"Really?" I said, shocked and surprise.

"Yeah, well if your up for it. You wanted this for nine years", said Lt. Bobkay, laughing.

"Thanks, but I think I'm gonna retire", I laughed, looking at him.

"Yeah maybe in another nine years", joked Lt. Bobkay, giving me a playful shub.

"I guess its over for the backstreet boys, huh?" I said, looking toward the police cars.

"I guess so. I guess so", he replied, looking up at the sky.

I looked at Nick, one last time. He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Let's go home" I said all the sudden, standing up.

"Yeah let's", agreed Lt. Bobkay, walking by my side, towards his car.

From that day forward, there was no more backstreet boys. They got life in prison and I will never forget Nick, but I had to avoid my feelings for him. I see him every now in then. And now, I think I'm gonna retire.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1831