Second Chance by SweetAngelicAngel
Summary: (**Part One in a series of Three**)

Lauren and AJ took different roads nearly four years ago with a bitter goodbye. Though they were far apart, they were still connected through Nastasia Notez, who remained Lauren's best friend and a favorite Backstreet Dancer. Each think of each other often, yet say nothing to Nastasia, knowing that the pain is still strong within their hearts. Nastasia seems to accept their decision, but as Lauren's little boy grows without his father, Nastasia sees that some things are just worth a second chance.

(**Co-written with Anastacia [author of "Paralyzed Heart"** -- written in 2000)
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie, Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 100 Completed: Yes Word count: 86250 Read: 239345 Published: 02/08/04 Updated: 09/02/04
Chapter 89 by SweetAngelicAngel
Chapter 89:

" I'm sorry sir, we're completely booked until tomorrow. There's a flight open in the evening that I can put you on, " a lady who was clearly showing her aging by her grey hair, repeated agitatedly for the third time.

" That's not good enough, damnit! I need to get a flight there now! Not tomorrow! It could be too late by then! " A.J began to yell as he became even more frustrated. His face was turning red.

" Tomorrow's flight is the best I can do for you. "

" There's gotta be something else! "

" Sir, there isn't. "

" Damnit! " A.J yelled and threw his hands up in the air.

" Would you like me to book you for that flight? " the lady asked, ready to type any information into the computer that she needed to.

Nastasia stepped up to the counter, pushing A.J aside gently. " Yes, book us for that flight please. "

" Alright, I'm gonna need your names. "

" Nastasia Notez, Howard Dorough, and Alexander McLean, " Nastasia answered quite professionally.

The lady behind the counter quickly eyed Nastasia, Howie and A.J.
" Wait, they're - "

" Yeah, they are, but uh, can we not make a scene? " Nastasia asked, hoping it didn't come out rudely.

" Don't worry, but would it be too much of a trouble to get their autographs for my grandaughter? "

" It'd be no problem, " Howie interrupted with a genuine smile, overhearing the conversation. " J! " A.J didn't answer or look at him.

" I see your friend is spacing out? "

" Yeah, kinda. He's having a problem right now, " Nastasia said.
" JJ! "

" What?! "

" Would it be too much of a trouble for you to sign an autograph? "

A.J was about ready to roll his eyes, he wasn't in the mood, but Nastasia glared at him. " No...it'd be no trouble at all. "

" Thank-you very much. Here's your tickets. The flight is tomorrow evening at 9:00. Have a nice day. "

Nastasia snatched the tickets. " You too. Ok, let's go back to the hotel now, we'll work things out from there. "
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2080