Second Chance by SweetAngelicAngel
Summary: (**Part One in a series of Three**)

Lauren and AJ took different roads nearly four years ago with a bitter goodbye. Though they were far apart, they were still connected through Nastasia Notez, who remained Lauren's best friend and a favorite Backstreet Dancer. Each think of each other often, yet say nothing to Nastasia, knowing that the pain is still strong within their hearts. Nastasia seems to accept their decision, but as Lauren's little boy grows without his father, Nastasia sees that some things are just worth a second chance.

(**Co-written with Anastacia [author of "Paralyzed Heart"** -- written in 2000)
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie, Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 100 Completed: Yes Word count: 86250 Read: 239066 Published: 02/08/04 Updated: 09/02/04
Chapter 95 by SweetAngelicAngel
Chapter 95:

I admired the white princess wedding dress that clung to my slim figure. My hair was very neatly placed on the top of my head in a fancy bun with little ringlets hanging on both sides of my face. It was what I had always dreamed I would look like on my wedding day.

" You know how jealous I am of how good you look in that dress, right? " Nastasia asked as she appeared beside me.

" Why do you say that? " I replied as I turned to face her.

" Because you look perfect - you look like a princess. Now me on the other hand, I look like a bloated cow wearing a table cloth. "

I laughed at her sarcastic comment. She was wearing a beautiful baby blue dress. It was the color I had chosen for my bride's maids' dresses and Nastasia was my maitron of honor. " Would you stop being so hard on yourself? You're nine months pregnant and you still look amazingly beautiful in that dress. "

Nastasia closed her eyes as she placed one hand on her back for support and the other one her forehead.

" You feelin' ok? " I asked as I watched her face scrunch up in pain.

" Yes, I'll be fine, " Nastasia said. I knew she wasn't sure of her own words.

" Are you sure you can do this? " I asked. I had told her before that if she felt too weak to do it, I would understand, but she repeatedly told me she would be fine.

" Yes, I wouldn't miss this for the world, " Nastasia said as she offered me a bright smile.

" You look so beautiful honey, " my Mom, Sherrie, cooed as she walked up to the two of us.

" Thanks Mom, " I replied as I recieved a hug from her.

" I can't believe my little girl is getting married, " Sherrie said as a tear of joy sprung to her eyes. She began to fidget with the little ringlets that hung at the sides of my face. She always had a habit of fidgeting with my hair.

" Mom, stop, " I laughed as I gently brushed her hand away.

" I'm sorry. I just want it to be perfect. "

" Where's Denise? " I asked, looking around the room. Only Nastasia, my mother, the bride's maids and I were, were in the room.

" She went to go check on things in the altar. She wanted to make sure things were perfect, " Nastasia answered.

" Sound like anyone familiar? " I asked Nastasia as I looked at my mother.

My mother and Denise had always gotten along well when A.J and I were together, and had become close friends. So when they both knew A.J and I were to be married, they instantly teamed up and began planning my wedding, not leaving me much say. Their exact words were " It will be perfect ". I knew I could count on them and it would be perfect.

The arrangements of flowers were beautiful. Denise had taken care of that part. I had decided on Baby Blue and lilac being my wedding colors. My mother had been the one to help me choose my dress. It was amazing. A classic white, princess flowing wedding dress, a pearl bead design going down the front of it. A.J decided going with the classic black tuxes. Like they said, it would be perfect...

*****

" This is the big day, J. How are you feelin'? " Brian asked as he walked up to A.J, who was standing in front of the full length mirror and messing with his bow tie.

" Nervous as hell, so don't remind me 'Rok, " A.J replied sarcastically with a nervous laugh. " Tuxes are defenitely not my thing. " He reached into his pants pockets and paused as a look of surprise washed over his face. " Oh shit... "

" What's wrong? "

" The ring - it's not in my pocket! " A.J shouted as panic over took him. His eyes darted around the room as he racked his brain for any possible where abouts of the ring. " Shit! Where the hell is it?! "

" What's J freakin' about now? " Nick asked with an amused look on his face.

" He can't find the ring... "

" Lost the ring on your wedding day, man? Great going! " Nick joked.

" Don't make me beat you Nick! " A.J hissed.

" What are you looking for J? " Howie asked as he entered the room and placed his tux jacket on.

" The ring, damnit! I can't find the ring! "

Howie laughed. " Bro, if you would just look, it's over there on the table. "

" I look cool Daddy! " Chase exclaimed, running up to A.J. He was dressed in a tiny tux outfit and was wearing a pair of A.J's sunglasses. He looked completely adorable.

" Hey, what are you doing with my glasses, Chaser? " A.J asked as he picked his son up.

" B-wok say I can wear dem! "

" Oh really, he did... "

" You ready J? " Kevin asked, making last minute adjustments on his tux.

" Ready for what? " A.J asked absentmindedly.

" What do you mean ready for what? " Kevin said. " You havin' a brain fart or something? It's time for you to get married. "

A.J placed Chase on the ground and grabbed the ring off the table, then began walking towards the exit door at the opposite end of the room.

" Daddy! Door dis way! "

A.J turned around and laughed sheepishly. " Oh...um...ha ha...I knew that... "

*****

I was pacing around the room nervously as each second, minute passed by. It was nerve racking.

" Will you stop pacing? " Nastasia laughed. " You're making me nauteous. "

I rolled my eyes at her. My body was shaking with nervousness. ' Just breath ' I told myself as I watched the door open and Denise walked in.

" It's time, " she announced cheerfully, a bright smile on her face.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2080