One Last Dance by Jamelet
Summary: The dance of music can sweep anyone off their feet and it does for this one man. Inspired by the original "Dirty Dancing" movie, follow a man falling for the most unlikely sport ever and a woman who's heart will change him forever.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Group
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 106832 Read: 45158 Published: 02/25/04 Updated: 03/02/05

1. Taking a First Step by Jamelet

2. Two Steps Forward by Jamelet

3. Moving To a Third Step by Jamelet

4. Something New by Jamelet

5. No Easy Five Moves by Jamelet

6. Unexpected Visit by Jamelet

7. Seven More Days Left by Jamelet

8. Falling Out of Step by Jamelet

9. Dancing Around the Topic by Jamelet

10. Shuffling Around the Heart by Jamelet

11. Dancing To Dire News by Jamelet

12. Haunting Decisions by Jamelet

13. Yearning For Understanding by Jamelet

14. Incomplete by Jamelet

15. What The Truth Hides by Jamelet

16. Not For Keeps by Jamelet

17. Already Broken by Jamelet

18. Guiding Heart by Jamelet

19. Grateful Wishes by Jamelet

20. Trusting In You by Jamelet

21. Walking On Water by Jamelet

22. Trekking Pace by Jamelet

23. Caution To My Heart by Jamelet

24. Embracing Arms by Jamelet

25. Stranger In My Life by Jamelet

26. Un-shattered Destiny by Jamelet

Taking a First Step by Jamelet
A/N: Hey guys, in case you’re reading this, I just wanted to say thanks for taking interest. This story was inspired by the original classic “Dirty Dancing” movie. So if you saw it, then you know what I’m talking about.

“One Last Dance”


**~Taking A First Step~**

The wheels squeal to a stop, sending up an array of dust into the night heaven. Smirking, he gazes at his friend sitting on the passenger seat with a grim expression on his face.

“Oh buck up Nick! I think the black dye looks good on your hair. Just remember you have to have keep that hair color on this whole month. Don’t go blonde me or you’ll be paying me a nice sum of money.” A.J. cackles, opening the driver’s side of his black SUV. He smirks, hearing his other friend Howie chuckle softly in the backseat gathering his belongings and stepping out of the vehicle.

A.J. peers his head in the open driver’s side door, staring at his now black haired friend Nick. “Look, you lost the bet, nobody told you to bet against me. You know I have my ways of winning.”

Nick sarcastically laughs and grabs his forest green back pack before stepping out of his side of the vehicle. He sighs and closes the door behind him, stepping onto the dusty road where the dance hall was located. “Ok tell me why we came here to Boston again?”

“Dude, you forgot Kevin owns this place, plus Brian wanted us to check out this place.” Howie sniffs, coughing as the dust settles.

Brian smirks, leaning on the threshold of the pounding music hall behind him. “Bout time. I was beginning to think you guys would never make it.”

“Well hey Rok!” A.J. bounces over to his sandy haired, blue eyed country friend.

Brian nods and grinning, kept his gaze on Nick. “Whoa, what’s the hair?”

Nick rolls his eyes as A.J.’s taunting laughter evades the quiet night. “Long story, which I don’t intend on getting into.”

“You lost the bet, didn’t ya?” Brian smirks, giving his greetings to his Latin friend Howie who was standing next to Nick.

“Shut up.” Nick mumbles, passing his fingers through his spiked raven hair.

“You know Nick, you don’t look bad in black. It gives your eyes more attention. I think the ladies will like that.” Brian grins softly, pointing back to the dance hall.
“That’s what I said. But he ain’t buying it.” Howie smirks, following Brian towards the pounding dance hall, where brash rock music evoked the dance hall to erupt its dancers into happy glees.

Nick winces at the loud intensity of the music, entering the dance hall behind the others. A.J. grins and nods his head, anticipating for a chance to find a woman to be his dance partner on the floor. The dance hall was wide in length and brought along a cozy feeling. A sweet scent of wine and delicacies linger in the atmosphere. A large mahogany counter curved around the front of the hall where bar stools aligned it, each filled with an occupant.

Brian turned to Nick’s direction, seemingly mouthing something at him. Nick shrugs his shoulders in confusion, “HUH WHAT?”

A.J. grabs Nick by the shoulders and yells in his ear, “HE SAID IF YOU WERE GONNA STAY AROUND AND TALK WITH KEVIN!”

Nick growls and yanks away from his friend, rubbing his ear painfully and nodding his head at Brian’s direction. Howie sighs and watches the dancers twirl and jump around when suddenly the music genre changed to an alluring salsa music where a group of professional dancers enter the stage center and take their positions. A.J. grins and eyes the beautifully shaped women all dressed in a red cotton halter top dress which flowed loosely as they twirled gracefully on the stage floor.

Brian rocks his head to the music as the salsa music picks up its pace, the performers giving away to the sweet beats. He leans over to Howie and whispers, “Hey, you know there’s a sign up sheet if you’re interested in dancing like that.”

Howie smiles and shakes his head, “Ahh thanks, but no thanks B. Besides I already know how to dance salsa. Forgot it’s a natural thing for me being part Latin?”

“Right, right, well hey if you think maybe A.J. or Nick might wanna try, it be nice. I mean its something different you know and since you guys are visiting here, it would only make sense to enjoy yourselves.” Brian whispers: eyeing Nick and A.J. who seem to be involve in their own personal joke, laughing at something.

“Oh ok. Where’s the sign up sheet?” Howie asks, his eyes scanning the crowded hall, its dim yellow florescent lights glimmering down on them.

Brian points to the front of the stage where the performers twirl and gracefully dance to the beat in sway. Howie nods and notices that A.J. was already speeding through the crowd towards the front of the stage. “Uhhh, Nick, where is he going?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders, “I think he heard what you guys were saying about joining a dance team.”

Brian breaks into a laugh, imagining what was A.J.’s real purpose for wanting to sign the sheet. Nick watches in awe as the performers twirl. One performer in particular caught his interest: her voluptuous petite body twirls gracefully into her partner’s arms. Nick nods his head to the beat as he watches the woman dance, throwing her arms around her partner’s shoulders, leaping on him as he lifts her in the air and poses. She lies stretched out in a pose as the music ends. Nick smiles and jumps, startled at the sudden applause from the audience around him. He quickly joins in the clapping as the performers bow and exits the stage, heading into the back stage and disappearing from the public. A soft gentle slow dance music blasts out of the speakers, calming the crowd down.

“Wow, that was some crazy stuff huh?” Howie whispers as Brian nods his head.

“Yeah, wonder how long it took for them to rehearse that?” Nick asks as A.J. comes up to join them, a huge grin scrolled on his handsome tan face.

“What are you so happy about?” Brian chuckles, enjoying the gleam in A.J’s eyes.

“So Nick, you enjoyed that dancing?” A.J. smirks, his grin widens.

Howie smirks as Kevin comes from back stage and jumps off the stage, gently making his way through the crowds to join them.

Nick rolls his eyes, “Yeah, they were good. Why?”

“Oh nothing, just asking.” A.J. responds nonchalantly.

“Oh ok. Hey Kev!” Nick raises his hand, greeting his friend.

“Hey guys! Glad you all made it! So what do you think of the place?” Kevin beams proudly, gesturing to the dance hall in general. His emerald eyes shine brightly as he greets the four men.

“Sweet man!” A.J. grins, running his tan hands through his newly cut black hair before placing his trucker’s hat back on.

“Thanks. Uhhh Nick? What’s with the hair?” Kevin eyes the younger man.

Nick sighs, rolling his eyes, “Long story.”

“Ah man, tell me didn’t make a bet with A.J. Please tell me you didn’t?” Kevin grins, watching a proud A.J. take a bow.

“Uh kinda. It’s not a big deal alright? I mean I just had to dye my hair. I got off easy.” Nick mumbles, hearing the soft chuckling of his friends.

“Oh for a moment, I thought you wanted to be like me.” Kevin smiles gently, patting his friend’s shoulder.

At that comment, all five of them burst into laughter as the ballad on the speakers continue to hum in the air. “So yeah, guys did you like the entertainment? Those are highly paid dancers, their doing a whole mini tour around the state and I managed to book them on the slot. Seems I lucky too cause they have one last tour in another dance club a few miles down from here.”

“Well nice Kev, the girls looks hot dancing, think they’re looking for a partner who can show them moves they don’t know yet?” A.J. whispers, raising his eyebrows cockily.

Kevin laughs and shakes his head, “Well actually you might just get that chance, if you sign your name on the sheet. The group is looking for people that are interested and they don’t charge or anything. It’s for free. They just want people who are eager to dance.”

“Sounds like a nice deal.” Howie whispers.

“Hmmm… what about people that don’t know they’re signed on, will the group take the person in?” A.J. whispers, hiding his smile.

“Why would anyone do that?” Brian whispers confused.

Nick eyes A.J. and glances at Brian, knowing something was up. He was about to state he had a funny feeling that A.J. did something to him but was interrupted by one of the female performers that was on the stage.

A.J. smiles widen, gazing at the Latin brunette who’s dark brown curls tumble right pass her shoulders and down her back. A.J. gazes over at his friend Nick who seemed taken by her.

“Hi, you’re Alex right?” The woman asks sweetly, extending her butter pecan hand out towards A.J.

“Uh yeah, yes I am and anything you wanna call me.” A.J. whispers out smoothly, taking her hand and kissing it.

The woman giggles gently, pulling her hand away. She gazes at Howie and narrows her eyes, “Then you must be Howie huh?”

Howie nods his head happily and waves at her, “Yeah, the man next to you is Nick.”

The woman’s light eyes look up at Nick as she gently whispers a “hello” to him.

Nick nods and clears his throat, “Hi and what’s your name? I’m curious cause you did an amazing job performing.”

“Genesis but my friends call me angel.” The woman states.

“Hmmm… wow like the beginning of my love life.” A.J. teases.

Genesis laughs, gazing at Nick. “Wait, Nick… I’ve seen that name before…Oh I know you signed up on the sheet for free dancing lessons.”

Nick inhales deeply, his jaw dropping open as his eyes burn in A.J.’s direction.

Kevin smirks and chuckles, “Well J, that’s an interesting way of planning out things for Nick without his permission.”

“Awww, you don’t wanna really dance?” Genesis whispers, her light brown eyes hinted at Nick.

Nick gulps, waving his hands in front of him, “Uh no, no. It’s not that. It’s just cause I didn’t think I was gonna do that.”

“Oh. What a pity. I was gonna be the one who could show you some moves but I guess its ok. Anyways guys I have…” Genesis was intercepted as another woman performer, this one with black wisps of curls tied up to her neck in an elegant bun races up to her.

“Angel! It’s Randel!” The dark haired woman squeals out.

“Randel?! What, what happened?” Genesis whispers out as the speakers blasted out a loud pop music, getting the crowd to burst with renewal and dance.

A.J. watches the two women along with Nick as Brian, Howie and Kevin were pulled in the crowd by some eager women wanting to dance. A.J. feels a small hand creep up his shoulders as a young fair headed woman with glimmering green eyes lure him to her, both being whisked away on the dance floor. Nick sighs, knowing his friends were lost in the crowd. He gazes at the two worried women, the dark haired woman dashing off, leading a worried Genesis away. Nick was about to walk into the crowd of dancers when he noticed that Genesis had dropped a golden bracelet. Picking it up, he tried to call out to her, but the music was too loud for him to be heard. Quick thinking, he chases after the women, poking and gently pushing his way through the large moving crowd, making his way over to the women. Nick sees the two women enter a hallway on the side of the club and he tries to catch up. The dimly lit hallway led him away from the chaotic dancing and into a quiet kitchen, where metal cabinets aligned the walls with glass plates, cups and utensils. The area was cleaned spotless; its harsh white lights gleam down on the kitchen. Nick gasps to see Genesis and her friend race over to a tall copper skinned man who was lying on the metal tiles in pain. Nick decided to stay put and watches the scenery quietly feet away, fearing of being rude or interrupting. Genesis kneels down and cradles her partner in her arms, murmuring something into his ear. The dark hair woman raises her head and spots Nick watching them. The woman gazes at him and finally speaks to him, “Can you call for help? Our friend just got shot. I don’t know what to do.”

Nick gulps and fumbles through his black cargo pants to find his cell and dials.

The woman gently smiles and shakes her head, “No, I already called the ambulance. I said if you can get the manager who works here. He can know what to do in this situation.”

Nick nods and bolts back down the hallway, entering the dance hall once again to hear a slow song blaring through the speakers. Nick scans his eyes and yells out for Kevin. Finally, he sees his dark haired friend peer out from the crowd and make his way over.

“What? What’s up?”

“It’s the performers. One of them got shot. The ambulance is coming but the two girls are nervous and don’t know what to do.”

Kevin lets an exasperated sigh, “Damn! Someone got shot?! This isn’t gonna look good for the reviewers when they check out my place. Is the person ok?” Kevin asks, winding his way through the rest of the dancers closely following behind Nick. Both men reach the performers in the kitchen, by now the entire clan of performers surrounded the cradled man in Genesis’s arms. “Ok, wait. Hold up. Let me see where he got shot.” He gently pushes through the small crowd and kneels down to see Randel wincing in pain.

“Oh damn. Randy, who did this to you?” Kevin whispers quietly, asking one of the performers to look through the first cabinet to pull out a first aid kit.

The dark haired man gazes at Kevin, murmuring in pain: “All I recalled was when I came off the stage, a haggard man entered the back area threatening me. I thought he was drunk and walked away. The rest of the group already went out to change and stuff. The next thing I know, I walk in here to exit through this room and the same man pulls out a gun and fires.” By now Randy was clutching his wound on his abdomen in pain as two paramedics race through the kitchen entrance, picking him up on the stretcher. Genesis stands up slowly, holding onto her partner’s hand gently. Tears streak down her cheek at this point as Randy sighed, gazing her guiltily.

“Gen, I’m so sorry this happened. I’ll be ok. I know you wanted to be win the competition coming up in two weeks…”

“Oh God! Don’t worry about that! I, I don’t care about that right now. I just want you to get better.” Genesis whispers as the paramedics begin to wheel Randel away. Genesis holds onto his hand until he was out of reach and she let go, watching him exit the kitchen threshold being wheeled away. She sighs painfully, tears streaming down her now quivering pale cheeks.

Kevin sighs, holding the first aid kit in his hand. “I can’t believe that happened to him. I don’t even know what to say that can make anything better. I have to find out who was responsible though. That man could be a danger to the rest of the people here.” And with that, Kevin bolts out the kitchen area and back down to the dance hall, disappearing. The rest of the performers exit the kitchen area as the same dark haired woman stands next to Genesis.

“Ummmm…Angel, I’ll wait for you in the van k?” The woman states, slowly exiting the room.

“Alright Nadia.” Genesis whispers, waving to her friend.

Nick and Genesis remained alone in the kitchen as she passes her palms over her wet cheeks.

“I’m…God… I don’t know what to say. You have a competition coming up?” Nick asks, trying to steer the conversation to a more calmer side.

Genesis nods her head sadly, “Well not anymore. My partner can’t be in it.”

“If you can get another partner will you be able to win the competition?” Nick whispers out, knowing what he was getting himself into.

“What does it matter? I can’t win. I can’t find a guy who wants to help me. All the other guys in the dance group are doing their own things. This competition was going to get me into dance academy where I can open up my own dance company to help those of disabilities and stuff. But it doesn’t matter now does it?” Genesis murmurs, walking towards the kitchen door.

“Wait!” Nick calls out to her.

She turns to look at him, her hand on the door handle, ready to open the door and leave.

“What if I can help out?” Nick blurts out.

Genesis grins slowly, “You? Help me out? How?”

“I can be your partner.” Nick whispers, blushing.

“Do you know how to dance?”

“Well I was kinda hoping you can teach me the basics. I’m a fast learner though.” Nick whispers, “But if you don’t think I can help out, I have a friend who knows Latin music and…”

Genesis cuts him off with her gentle laughter, “I can teach you. But only if you really mean it. Nick, you have a lot to learn. I don’t know if you’re ready for it.”

“Well the offer still stands and whether you think I’m ready is up to you. I just wanna help. I feel terrible that your wonderful dreams are close to vanishing cause of something bad that occurred.” Nick whispers, his eyes taking sudden interest to the metal tiles below him.

Genesis smirks and nods her head, “Very well. I’ll see you tomorrow at this address. Wear something comfortable. Trust me you’ll need it.” She hands Nick a business card with her address on it and she opens the door, exiting the club. She walks out the club, joining her friends at the awaiting van. Nick smirks and shakes his head:

“Dammit, what the hell did I just do?” Nick mutters, folding the paper in his fornt pocket and heads back to join his friends.
~*~

He drags the last black garage bag to the front of the dance hall and sighs out of breath. He turns around to see A.J. pointing and laughing. “What’s so funny Alex?”

“You Brian! You’re a mess. Look at you getting all tired cause of that. Shame, shame, shame.”

“Shut up!” Brian chuckles, heaving the bag out of the door.

Howie rolls up the wires from the speakers and heads back to the small music studio where the D.J. normally plays the music but tonight was left empty after the club closed for the night.

Kevin lifts up a cardboard box, cleaning off the racks of the shelves that were going to be added on to the walls in the small room besides the D.J.’s booth.

“Nick, do me a favor and place the loose CD’s on the new shelf. I gotta hang up more shelves. I got more new cd’s today to keep updated with the music.” He whispers getting a smirk from his friend.

“Aight.” Nick whispers, cleaning off an empty shelf and placing the CD’s on it.
“So what happened after I left?” Kevin asked curiously.

“Left from what?” Nick whispers softly, pulling a batch of cds and aligning them one by one on the shelf.

Kevin smirks, “The kitchen. I left, did the dancers left after I did?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh ok. Man I feel horrible. I got the guy by the way. He crept in from the open back door. Somebody must have left the door like that and the psycho entered it walking in with a pistol.”

Nick sighs, “I, I felt so bad for her Kev. She was all crying and I wanted to help.”

Kevin narrows his eyes and places the box down on the cluttered desk besides him. He pulls out a metal spiral shelf ready to hinge it onto the wall when he left Nick’s words seep into his thoughts.

“And did you help?”

“Yeah.”

Kevin sighs, licking his lips gently as his back was to Nick. He picks up a screw driver and nail ready to hinge on the shelf to the wall. “How?”

Nick inhales for a moment before answering, his back to Kevin as he places the last of the CD’s on the rack, before slowly and nervously turning to face Kevin. Kevin peers at him, a nail in one hand and the screwdriver in the other: “Well how did you help her?”

“I offered to be her partner for an upcoming dance performance. She needs that…”

But Nick was cut off as Kevin speaks gently, “Look Nick I know you have a good heart and such, but you offering to be a dance partner? How is that gonna help her any and you? Besides I don’t think it’s a good idea hanging out with her, I heard some bad stuff about her.”

Nick narrows his eyes and leans on the shelf, “What kind of bad stuff?”

“Just the regular, that she takes advantage of guys and Nick man you’re my buddy, I don’t want to see you hurt.” Kevin mumbles, concentrating on screwing in the nail through the wall properly.

“Where did you hear this from?” Nick whispers, curiosity egging him on.
“Nick what does it matter man?” Kevin whispers out, finally done with the added shelf to look at his friend.

“Well cause I talked with her and she seems sweet, that’s all.”

“Words can be deceiving nick. Just be careful is all I’m saying.”

“You act like I’m gonna start dating this chick or something?!” Nick whispers out defensibly.

“Nick, chill man. It’s not that big of a deal alright.” Kevin whispers, eying his now dark haired friend. “Maybe the dye is messing with you.” He playfully smirks, lifting up another box filled with more CD’s and begins to place them on the newly hinged shelf.

Nick remained silent and smirked, continuing to help out by taking another box and adding more CD’s to the same shelf he was working on.
~*~

“So Nick, is it true? You wanna join a dance team?” Brian presses further as the five men relax near the shore side of a beach. The night sky glimmering brightly as a soft ballad erupting from a group further down the beach from them.

Nick smirks and gazes down at the Heineken bottle in his hand, “Yeah. I didn’t say I was gonna join a team though.”

“Well what ever, Nicky wanna get some booty and that girl got to you huh? What’s her name Jenny?” A.J. mumbles out, lying on his bare back on the sandy ground.

“Genesis.” Kevin answers up front for Nick, gazing at his friend.

“Ah yes Gensis, hehe. Yeah, that’s her name. You think if she has kids she’ll name them Leviticus and Exodus?” A.J. smirks receiving a few groans from the others.

“Shut up J, that was a bad one.” Howie smirks, taking a sip of his drink.

A.J. chuckles, “Yeah but come on it was clever thought right?”

“No.” The other four respond in unison.

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Thanks for the support guys.”

“Hey speaking of the devil, isn’t that Geneis right over there?” Brian points to a small group of men and women about a mile down from them, playing volleyball as the hum of what seemed like Blink 182’s “Miss You” hums out of their radio.

Nick smirks, “Yeah, that’s her. Wonder why she’s hanging out here at the beach so late in the morning.”

“Probably couldn’t sleep like us.” A.J. yawns, placing his bottle of water on his bare stomach.

“Guess so. So Nicky you gonna go say hi to her?” Howie teases him, pushing his friend gently.

Nick smirks and stands up, “Maybe. No in fact, I’ll be nice and say hi to her.”

A.J. chuckles and puckers his lips out. “Nicky make sure you give her a big kiss for me ok?”

At this comment the others burst in laughter as Nick blushes and hurries over to the group of dancers where Genesis was at.

“Hey you!” Nadia calls out, grinning, waving at Nick.

Nick turns and stops to say hi to her, “Hey I’m so sorry I don’t remember your name.”

Laughing the dark haired woman gracefully answers back, “Same here. The names Nadia and you?”

“Nick.”

“Ok, Well hi Nick. I heard about your courageous duty to help out my girl Gen.” Nadia whispers, tucking a few black strand behind her ears, her rich tan glowed on brilliantly as the volleyball came sailing towards her. Nick notices the ball inches away from her and hits the ball in time to sent it over the net scoring a point for one of the teams.

Nadia smirks, giggling, “Nice hit, wonder if you can dance as well as you play.”

Nick gulps, “Oh you heard about that huh? Well I’m gonna start learning. It shouldn’t be too hard right?”

Nadia breaks into laughter, shaking her head. “Wow, just wait till you start. To be perfect will cause pain and trust me Nick, Gen loves to be perfect on the moves.”

“Hey Nick! Nadia, why are you scaring the boy off?” Genesis giggles, joining them.

“Well hey Gen just warning the man before he takes that leap. But I’ll leave you guys alone, Tony is popping junk about trying to get a point off my team.” She smirks and waves them off. Her tall lean body reaches her team as the volleyball continues.

“She’s just teasing. Though I do like close to perfection.” Genesis whispers, wrapping her wavy curls into a messy ponytail with a small clip.

Nick smiles, taking in Genesis’s beauty. He had to admit, no wonder A.J. teased him about her, she was one attractive woman, one that A.J. himself wouldn’t mind being with. “So what you doing around here?” She whispers, eyeing him.

“Couldn’t sleep, so my friends decided to hang out by the beach. Lucky the weather is getting hot for it.” Nick whispers out, his sapphire orbs glancing at the crashing morning waves.

“Yeah, I guess. The same with me. My friends through it would be nice to hang out here for a few hours before we head to get some sleep.”

“Plus its gonna be a long day for me, trying to learn all those moves.” Nick whispers out quietly.

Genesis giggles, “Yeah I guess. Thanks for wanting to help out though.”

“You’re welcome. I just wanna help out. That’s all.”

Suddenly Genesis’s team members yell out as they score another point. She turns to see them jump and holler out to each other before she faces back to Nick, “Well, you seem to have quite the luck. Maybe you’re a good luck charm after all.”

Nick laughs, “Really? That’s the first I ever heard that! I’m usually the bad luck charm. But that’s nice to know though.”

“Awww. Well you’ve been good to me so far, so maybe your charm will have an effect on your dancing skills.” She smirks as her team mates call for her. “Well.” She sighs, “I gotta head back. My team is close to winning and I don’t miss out on that.”

Nick nods, smiling, “Aight. Good luck on that and I’ll see ya later then.” He waves at her as she treks back to her team members, her brown curls topple loose as she turns around and waves at him, reaching her team and taking her position.

Nick smiles and shakes his head wondering what exactly did he get himself into.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Two Steps Forward by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Two Steps Forward~**

The hazy morning sun light filters through the window pane, causing A.J. to sit up in his rented cabin bed that Kevin lend him for the time being. Yawning, he smirks at his tussled dyed black haired friend Nick who was sleeping soundly since last night little festivity.

“Alex? Alex?” Brian murmurs from the small kitchen, the creaky wooden planks groan softly as he adjusts his weight, his sleepy sapphire orbs scan at the threshold.

A.J. groans out, yawning loudly as he sits up and swings his legs off the edge of the bed. “What?”

“What do you think of that Genesis girl?” Brian whispers quietly, eyeing his open suitcase on the side of the small black leather sofa in the tiny den in the cabin they all decided to share thanks to Kevin’s connections.

A.J. shrugs his shoulders and gazes in confusion at his friend, “Who?”

Howie chuckles gently from the kitchen, chewing quietly on a sandwich: peering at the two conversing men.

Brian in annoyance sighs out deeply, “You know the dancer girl that Nick offered to help out last night.”

“Uhh, ohhh right, right. I know who you’re talking about, it’s just too damn early that all. God, what time is it? I feel like I slept for a few hours.” A.J. grumbles out, yanking away the cool blanket from his legs, running his hands down his black boxers.

Howie smirks, poking his head in the kitchen threshold, “Ahh, Alex its close to lunch time, literally you did sleep for a few hours, buts its time to have some brunch. So get something to eat before Kevin takes all the food away.”

A.J. grumbles, scratching his green wife beater covered chest. “Ahhhhhh! I hate mornings. D, don’t rush me on eating, I’ll eat when I ready. And to answer Rok’s question, I don’t really know. I mean Kevin said he heard some wild stuff about her but its not like she’s digging Nick. Now if it was me, then I would understand why Kevin would be concerned…” He smirks, pausing as Brian and Howie chuckle quietly for a moment.

“Shhhh… You might wake up Nick, J!” Brian smirks, grabbing a cup of orange juice and taking a quick sip from his plastic cup.

“Hey you’re the ones laughing, not me.” A.J. smirks, extending his arms out over his head for a full stretch.

“Alright, alright whatever. But Kevin is being cautious with Nick now. I think he knows something about that girl that’s bugging him out.” Howie states from the kitchen table.

“Maybe, hehe. Maybe she’s a naughty one. I can dig that.” A.J. grins gently, his bare feet pad softly as he slides the back door open entering the patio.

Brian glances at Howie before exiting the kitchen, “Thank God A.J. isn’t the one dancing with Genesis or I’d be afraid.”

Howie chuckles and opens a newspaper on the kitchen table, throwing his jean clad legs on top of the table. “Guess so. It was sweet of Nick to do that though. But why would he offer to help her dance is a question that I can’t figure out.”

Brian chuckles gently, sliding into a seat across from Howie, “Funny how you say that. Nick doesn’t have a dancing bone in his body since I met him when we were kids. I don’t know how Genesis is gonna teach advance moves to him in a short matter of two weeks.”

“Well if she does make it, then hey, miracles can happen.” A.J. whispers out, entering the kitchen now, preparing a sandwich.

Brian and Howie glance at each other, each a smirk scrolled on their faces as they concentrated each on their own things. Brian sipping and glancing at his cup, while Howie scanning the headlines on the newspaper on the table top.

“Quick question what was the bet that has Nicky boy with a darker look?” Brian whispers.

A.J. chuckles, taking a bite out of his ham sandwich, “We bet last week before coming over here about a girl.”

“Figured it was girl, Nick would never do anything unless it involved a girl.” Howie smirks.

“Yeah well the whole bet was based on each of us picking out a girl for the other and see if we can persuade the chick to give her number to us and at least get her to come back to our place.” A.J. explains, buttering his muffin.

“And Nick lost that bet?” Brian chuckles.

“While he was close to winning, I mean the chick was cool and stuff and since I picked her out for him, she was all over him. So I’m thinking damn I’m gonna lose this bet, but before I know it when Nick was gonna head out to take her to his place, she came up with some lame excuse that her cat was ill and she needed to get home to care for it.”

Brian and Howie howl out in laughter while A.J. joined in, creating a couple of meows for the full effect.

“Man, he got played. No wonder he’s eager to chill with Genesis.” Howie smirks.

They hear a small rustle in the den and all three heads glance at the wooden kitchen threshold to see Kevin ease his way into the kitchen fully dressed in dark blue jeans and black tank top. “Morning guys. Seems Nicky is still sleeping.”

“Sure looks like it.” A.J. snorts, rolling his eyes as he heads over to the mahogany table with the other two and slides into a seat.

Kevin inhales and heads to the fridge, feeling the boring of the others eyes on him. Narrowing his eyes, he faces the guys and innocently asks, “What?”

A.J. grins and was about to speak when he was nudged roughly by Howie in his ribs. Growling, A.J. slumps back in his seat, pouting and rubbing the sore spot on his ribs.

“What’s with the looks guys?” Kevin finally asks, holding a gallon of milk in his hands.

Brian clears his throat and decided it was best for him to speak to his cousin, “Uh yeah well Kev, you know Nicky is heading out today right?”

“Yeah with us, you didn’t forget we’re all going to the barbeque at Quincy’s place right?” Kevin asks, pouring a cup of coffee into his mug and adding the essential milk needed for him to taste the coffee best.

“Nope, I didn’t forget but Nick won’t be with us. You didn’t forget he offered to help out Genesis right?” Brian quietly whispers, the summer air in the kitchen thickens deeply as Kevin’s shoulders tenses up.

“Uh Kev, you ok?” Howie whispers, flipping a page in the newspaper but his eyes focus on his discomforted friend.

Kevin breathes out slowly and faces the guys, “That must have slipped my mind.” He whispers and quickly exits the kitchen: the polished wooden planks creak beneath him as he exits the small sunny room.

The silence in the kitchen loomed for a few more seconds before A.J. breaks the quietness, “Well that was weird.” He whispers out, getting a few smirks from the other two as they begin talking about the plans for the day.
~*~

“Hey, whoo hoo! You up yet?” Nadia whispers softly in Genesis’s ear. Genesis shots up in bed alarmed, staring at her friend’s face.

“Ah Dios! I’m not late right?!” She bolts out of bed in a panic and rushes over to the bathroom stall in her room.

Laughing, Nadia grabs her friend’s arm and swings her back to look at her. “Chill out. It’s still early. I was just concerned that’s all. Its noon and you’ve been sleeping since half pass five already.”

“Well I was tired.” Genesis mumbles, slowly heading back to the bathroom in the small lavish one story house they owned off the side of the beach.

“Yeah, I can’t blame you. You had a rough night.” Nadia whispers, taking a seat on a plush bean bag in their shared bedroom.

Genesis sighs, pulling some chocolate strands out of her face. “Yeah well it wasn’t all that bad now you know.” She smiles instinctively, heading towards the bathroom.

Nadia giggles, pulling on a black strand of her hair, “Dare I say you feeling white boy back at the club?”

Genesis smirks, “Well he’s not that white now is he?”

Nadia shrugs her shoulders, “I don’t know, you were the one who was taking up his time.”

“His time? Excuse me?” Genesis grins, standing in the bathroom’s threshold.

“You into him?”

“What? I don’t even know him. I can’t like the man if I have no idea what type of guy he really is.” Genesis brushes off the question, too tired and annoyed to care.

“Oh but you thought he was hott last night though didn’t you?” Nadia insisted, probing her friend for more answers.

“You know what you need to do, is go find that boyfriend of yours and have some sex to get your mind off me ‘cause you’ve been obsessed with that same question since last night.” Genesis teases, receiving a playful shock look from her friend’s face.

“How rude! Well at least I get some.” Nadia smirks, exiting the room.

Genesis rolls her eyes and closes the bathroom door behind her, getting ready to meet the man that will be her partner for the up coming competition.
~*~

Brian shakes his head as the dark rain clouds cover the sky. “Hmmmm…its starting to look nasty outside, Nick you still rolling out to meet her?”

“Yeah.” Nick raises his head as he tugs on the laces on one of his white addias sneakers. “Question. What’s up’s with Kevin? He seems pissed off that I ain’t heading out with you guys.”

“Oh he just hating, that’s all.” A.J. drawls out, a smirk plastered on his face.

“On what?” Howie enters the den, plopping down on a vacant sofa with a remote control in his hand.

“Kev hating Nick cause he gets to hang with a chick and get booty.” A.J. responds jokily.

Nick sighs, shaking his head, “Real funny J, haha. Come on, you know it ain’t like that.”

Brian smirks as Howie sighs and stares at Nick, “Kev told me a little about Genesis that I think you should know.”

The others gather around Howie as he clears his throat and eyes Nick, “Seems Genesis is known in this community as the town whore. Men can’t stop talking about her and the women can’t stand her.”

Nick’s mouth drops open, “What?!”

“Say what? Yo Nicky with a hoochie?!” A.J. whispers out, hoping to lighten the distill mood that blanketed the room.

Howie’s gentle eyes glance up at Nick, “I think it’s pretty serious though Nick, she made quite the name for herself around this place and that’s what bothering Kevin. He’s only watching out for you that’s all.”

Nick gulps, exhaling breathing, “Wow. Damn. Well, I’ll be careful, but I mean those are just rumors right? Kevin told me about it last night.”

“Call it rumors or whatever, but she’s not as sweet as she looks.” Kevin whispers quietly, entering the den upon the ongoing conversation.

Nick sighs and turns to him, “I’m just offering to dance with her, don’t stress yourself about it.”

“Just be careful, love is a dangerous thing, especially when it comes with her.” He whispers softly, exiting the den quickly.

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Dude is getting weirder each time he talks.”

Brian exhales softly, smiling at A.J.’s comment, “Yeah, but I think he isn’t telling us the entire story. There’s something more and I think it involves him.”

Nick sighs, tugging on his black t-shirt and adjusting his light blue jeans. “Well I’m heading out. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

“Aight. And Nick, hehe: have fun.” A.J. smirks.

Nick burst into a laugh as he exits the front door, “I’ll try and give you all the scoop when I come back.”

“Nice!” A.J. beams, waving off Nick as the now black haired man exits the cabin and heads to the rented black Ford Focus.

Nick sighs, gazing up at the darkening sky, eying his umbrella in the backseat. He boards the car and speeds off down the road while his three friends stare out the cabin window watching him leave.
~*~

“You think he’s coming?” Genesis whispers out softly for what seemed liked the millionth time already. She gazes out at the rainy weather outside, soft raindrops slide gently down the window pane from outside.

“Gen, chill. He’ll come. I’m sure of it. Besides I think he’s into you anyway.” Nadia grins gently, placing a blue windbreaker on before heading out of the house. “Look, if he doesn’t make it, just call me. I’m sure the guy would have valid excuse for this.”

Genesis raises her head and smiles, “Ok, you just have fun then. See ya later.”

“You too sweetie. And hey I don’t think he knows.” Nadia whispers gently, cupping her friend’s chin.

Genesis sniffs quietly, looking below at the polished wooden planks below her, “God Nadia, I just get so tired with the way people think of me. They all assume cause I’m not from around here or that I’m Latin or both, that I been all over with men.”

Nadia sighs, “Who cares what strangers think of you. You and I both know what a wonderful woman you are. You have dreams, ambitions. Something that a lot of those people around here don’t have a clue about.”

Genesis wraps her arms around her friend, “Ahh gracias. ”

“No prob girl. Listen, I’m running late. Joey is gonna kill me if I get to his parent’s place late. You know today is the first time I’m meeting his parents, I want to make a good impression on them.” Nadia whispers, a faint blush cross her tan complexion.

“And you will.” Genesis whispers, waving a bye as her friend leaves, leaving Genesis alone and lost in thought.
~*~

Nick grumbles, the rain pounding down as he slowly drives down another road. ‘If I get lost, its over.’ He thinks quietly, gazing at the business card that was given to him last night from Genesis. “!4-32, where the hell is that house number?” He whispers out quietly, passing by rows of houses. Finally after much frustration, he stops in front of a small slate country house and sighs, leaning back in the seat. He takes a deep breath, “God, she better be there. I do not want to come here for nothing.” He whispers, getting out of the car and reaching for his umbrella. He closes the car behind him, holding the open umbrella above him. He was about to head over to the house when he spots the petite woman in a huge oversize grey sweater, standing on the porch.

“Well you made it.” Genesis smirks, stepping down the porch steps, getting wet quickly with the rushing rain.

“Yeah, though I’m assuming there’s a dance studio around here right?”

Genesis smirks, “Actually no. I’m gonna show you the basic dance moves a few blocks away from here.”

“In a building?”

Genesis laughs, “The rain will pass, we’re heading to the river.”

“What? River?” He fumbles out in shock.

Genesis breaks into a giggle and pushes Nick gently, “Yes, now let’s go, we’re wasting time here.”

Nick smirks, getting into his car, “You not planning to get in the car all wet right?”

Genesis grins brightly and opens the passenger side door, “Already taken care of.” And she flings her purple back pack into the backseat, climbing into the back seat to open her bag.

Nick slides into the driver’s seat and was about to take off as he gazes back at Genesis, “What are you doing?”

“Changing. Now just drive down this road, it’ll be a half an hour before we reach our destination.” She whispers, taking off her sweater and reaching to the front to turn on the radio to an old school classic station where it was playing Whitney Houston’s “If I don’t have you.”

“Share my life
Take me for what I am
Cuz I'll never change
All my colors for you
Take my love
I'll never ask for too much
Just all that you are
And everything that you do.”


The sweet lyrics smooth the atmosphere as she quickly slides off her pants into blue jeans. Nick slowly drives down the road, passing by tons of houses. “So you like the old school music then I see.”

“Love it. Have a fascination with it. Everything about it at the period was so full of strong emotions and important things. Not like today’s music with sex, women and cars.”

Nick laughs, “I don’t find anything wrong with sex.”

“I didn’t either, it’s just not something that shouldn’t be talked about so much ‘cause it loses its significance. Well at least that’s the way I see it.” Genesis giggles, taking off her shirt.

Nick glances at the side view window and smiles, taking a quick peek at Genesis changing.

“Keep your eyes on the road Nick.” Genesis smirks as Nick blushes and concentrates on the road. The smooth music lingers in the atmosphere as Nick reaches the end of the road:

“I don't really need to look
Very much farther
I don't wanna go
Where you don't follow
I don't hold it back again
This passion inside
Can't run from myself
There's nowhere to hide.”

“Ok, you can pull up on the road side right here. We’re here.” Genesis whispers, tugging a clean dry shirt over her.

“Aight.” The car slows down as Nick shifts the stick to parking. They pull up to the wet dirt road, the small forest around as the rain fall stops. The sky begins to clear up to reveal its glorious afternoon clear blue sunny heavens.

“See, didn’t I tell ya the rain will pass.” Genesis whispers, leaping out of car, racing over to a pier.

Nick looks around the quaint forest and smiles, running behind Genesis. “So ahh, nice place. But why here?”

“Oh I like the beauty and plus it’s relaxing. I figured if I’m to train you that you would feel uptight and pressured in the studio. Besides, I heard you like the water, so this should be a nice place to chill and learn.”

Nick nods a grin appearing on his lips, “Yeah, the guys told ya huh?”

“Yeah, I hope that’s alright.”

“Yeah, its all good.”

“Ok well good to know. So you’re ready to learn and take a chance?” Genesis whispers, stretching her butter pecan arms over head.

“Yeah, I guess. Go easy on me though. I have no idea what’s gonna happen.” Nick playfully teases, tucking his car keys away.

“I will. But first question, you do know what type of dancing I’ll be showing you?” Genesis whispers.

“Oh isn’t it that Latin dancing you were up there with the group dancing?” Nick asks innocently.

Genesis laughs, her brown wavy hair tumbles down her shoulders. “Uh no. That was something planned. See what I teach is dirty dancing.”

“Dir…dirty dancing?!” Nick squeaks out.

“Yeah, I thought you knew that? Nadia is the one that teaches Latin dancing. I however teach those naughty moves that your parents will fear.” Genesis grin evilly, her light brown eyes gleam mischievously.

Nick gulps and nervously runs a hand through his hair as she leads him towards the pier. “I can do this. I got nothing to fear.” Nick whispers to himself as she stands near the pier, pulling out her small radio with the same song playing from the car just a few minutes before:

“Don't make me close one more door
I don't wanna hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Must I imagine you there?
Don't walk away from me
I Have Nothing
Nothing
Nothing, if i don't have you (you-oo, you-oo, you)”

Grinning, Genesis calls him over with her pointer finger as she pulls off her shirt to reveal a red bikini top. “First step: don’t look like you’re gonna piss on yourself. The audience can always sense what the performer is dreading.” Smiling, she jumps off the edge of the wooden pier in her jeans and sneakers , diving into the cool water below her. “Come in Nick, we have a lot of steps and you need to start knowing them.”

Nick looks up at the clear blue heavens and breathes out, “Thank you Lord, this is a nice gift. I promise to behave.” And with that, he quickly inches to the edge of the pier, slowly taking off his shirt.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Moving To a Third Step by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Moving To a Third Step~**

A.J. struggles with a yawn as he gazes around at the pool party, his grin spreading across his cheeks as scantily clad women parade around Quincy’s backyard.

Brian smirks, poking his friend in the ribs, “Hey its looks like you’re enjoying the party, huh?”

A.J. chuckles, waving at a beautiful black hair beauty, “Damn, well Rok, have you checked out the view? I mean wow, check out the babes flaunting their goods here.”

Howie burst into laughter at his friend’s comment as he slides into a metal folding chair besides A.J.’s “Well at least I know you’re having fun here. I was concerned that Kevin was gonna take us to a boring friend of his where we would all stare at each other in silence.”

Kevin strolls across the lawn, conversing sweetly to a tall fair haired woman. His three friends smirk, gazing at him.

“Is it just me or was I sensing something back at our place?” A.J. whispers, taking a sip from his cold colada.

“You mean the whole Kevin attitude?” Howie states munching on a BBQ chicken wing.

“Yup.”

Brian nods his head as his eyes were distracted suddenly by a passing flaxen hair model type woman. He arouses from his gaze as A.J.’s loud laughter vibrated down his ear. Wincing, he turns to see A.J. besides him, pointing directly at him with a smirk scrolled on his tan face.

“Had enough of the glam prizes B or do you still wanna check out the rest of the inventory?” Kevin breaks into the conversation with a smirk on his face.

At this comment, the four men break into laughter, each relaxing in a chair facing the direction of the pool. A loud splash breaks the laughter as a red dyed haired woman dives into the pool and slowly yet erotically climbs the pool ladder knowing all eyes were on her.

A.J.’s eyes locked on her supple figure, his mouth dropping at her curves now clearly shown through the wet yellow bikini. “Now I know why I love yellow.” He whispers.

“General, I think we lost our pilot.” Brian teases while Howie and Kevin join in the laughter.

A.J. shakes his head quickly and blushes, clearing his throat. “I was just caught off guard.”

“Nothing new there.” Kevin jokes, stretching out in the warm sunny evening. “So you guys glad you decided to come after all.”

“No doubt!” A.J. quips up immediately as the others smirk.

“Yeah good. Nick would have had a good time too if he was here.” Kevin murmurs, gazing around the pool side to see five women lying on their back as the sun touches them gently.

“Speaking of Nick, Kev this may be a touchy subject, but was there ever something between you and that dancer lady Nick is with?” Brian asks nervously, fearing he would get met with a harsh remark.

Instead to his utter surprise, Kevin seemed calm, even peaceful at the moment. He watches his cousin’s emerald eyes glaze over with memories that were kept from him and the others. Kevin stops mid-way from his drink, pulling the plastic cup away from his mouth. A.J. and Howie calmly watch between him and the women at the pool side.

“It was nothing serious I guess. At least to her.” Kevin speaks gently, his eyes gazing at his cold beverage in his hand.

A.J. sits up, taking interest suddenly as Brian asks another question.

“What happened?”

Kevin exhales slowly, his eyes watching the clouds spread out to allow the beautiful evening to take place. “I met her two years ago, when she joined the dance traveling dance team in Boston. She was majoring in dance at the time, studying to get a degree for it. Anyway, I just happened to be in a club with a friend of mine’s who introduced me to her. She seemed alluring, sweet. Someone I wanted to get to know more. Well she felt that way about me and we just started dating. Nothing serious you know. But then after a few days, I started to realize that I never met a woman who had so much in common with me. She seemed to be the one lady I could see myself with in the long run. But I heard through a friend of mines that she was seeing another person. I didn’t believe it but when I faced her to talk about it, she was edgy and claimed she was pregnant.”

Howie lets out a heavy sigh as A.J. shakes his head, “With your baby?”

“No.” Kevin simply answers, his eyes held a distant look.

“Wow. Sorry dude.” A.J. humbly replies.

Kevin sighs and continues, “Seems she was mistaken about the pregnancy, there was none. When she told me she was still seeing her future child’s father while with me, I began hearing from tons of men that they too had a night out with her. Rumors were swirling wildly about her nights out and I didn’t know what to believe anymore. I assumed she wanted nothing more than a night with me and that’s exactly what happened. After our little escapade, she left the morning after without a word or a note or anything.”

Howie whistles while Brian gulps. “You guys still talk though now I noticed.”

Kevin nods, eying the glazed orange and yellow heavens above him.

“Yeowch. You really liked her didn’t you?” Brian whispers.

Kevin nods his head and clears his throat, getting up from the seat and walking back to the grill.

A.J. glances back at Brian, “No wonder he went all psycho when Nick is chilling with the girl. But do you really think a girl like that could be the town whore?”

“Guess you can’t be fooled by the outer appearance.” Howie murmurs, swirling his drink in his hand. “Poor Kev though. But we can’t jump to conclusions cause we don’t know her side of the story.”

“Maybe Nick will find out for us.” A.J. whispers, running his fingers through his black hair as his attention again wavers over to the giggling women at the pool side.
~*~

Nick walks over to the edge of the pier to see Genesis grinning a few feet below him in the shallow water.

“Come in. The water is all good.”

Smirking, Nick kneels down and slides to the edge, swinging his jean clad legs over the pier.

“Give me a minute.” Nick states as he jumps into the refreshing cold water. The water reached his abdomen as he gasps at the temperature of the water.

Genesis giggles and claps, eyeing him, “You ok? Its not that cold now is it?”

Nick rolls his eyes as a sarcastic remark slips out of his mouth, “No, no not at all. I mean I feel great and numbed in all places but one.”

Smirking, Genesis gazes at him, “What is that one place?”

Nick lowers his eyes down to his crotch as Genesis breaks into laughter.

“Well at least you know its still responds right?” Genesis teases as she saunters over to him.

Nick laughs, shuddering at the cold water. “Sooo…what’s the first step huh?”

Grinning, Genesis takes Nick’s hand and wraps them around her waist. “First step is to see if you have rhythm. We’re gonna practice a few basic footsteps and lifts.”

“Lifts?”

“Yup, I already choreographed our dance, you’ll have to able to lift me at the end of the dance.”

Nick smirks, the clear blue water swirled around him gently. “Alright, well let’s give it a try.”

And try they did for the past three hours, struggling and arguing, whining and teasing. Nick didn’t realize dancing would be this extreme. He was uncomfortable with holding the woman so close to him and letting her slide down in an almost erotic way down his leg. The dancing was more of a turn on for him than he thought.

“Uhhh… ok. Break time now.” Nick breathes out when Genesis takes her hand away from his waist.

Smirking, she nods: “Why? You still don’t have the moves down?”

“Well I think I need to cool off.” Nick mutters, a faint blush crossing his light tan cheeks.

Genesis giggles and leaps up to the rickety pier, staring down at him. “Come. We can work on dry land for now.”

Nick smirks and whispers under his breath, “I can come alright, but will you?”

“Excuse me?” Genesis asks innocently not really hearing what Nick had mumbled about.

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Nick smiles mischievously, leaping onto the pier. He had to admit, working in the pond was more difficult than he thought. Genesis chose the water to work on his endurance not just for the mere liking of the scenery. He was already tired, after failing to lift her up properly, always sending her sailing over his head and into the water. He smirked at the thought of her yelling as she landed in the water head first. He had found it amusing, seeing her yell out as she hit the water. He glances up as she snaps her fingers drawing his attention out of his thoughts.

“Glad to have ya back. You were lost in your own world again I see.”

Nick smirks, “Something like that.”

“Alright.” She giggles softly, pulling him onto the pier, closer to her. “I’m gonna show ya the basic three steps. You’ll be working on the counting as you dance. When it comes to dancing, it is done like playing an instrument. It has its beats and counts. Now.” She states, standing in front of Nick on the wooden pier. “Watch me as I do the three steps and remember to count. These steps go by the count of eight each. Pay attention cause I’ll show ya it two times before you try ok?”

Nick nods and crosses his arms on his chest. He smiles as she tugs on her short blue jean mini-shorts and red bikini top. Her wet medium brown hair begins to curls around her head like an ordain crown of sort as it was tied up in a high ponytail, swinging gently in the breeze. His eyes watch her feet as she takes two steps back and begins counting out loud. She shuffles her hips side to side while doubling stepping back. To him it seemed like a simple enough step, but then again he would always say that and then to his dismay fail on getting it down right. Genesis continues the same moves and then crosses her feet in front of her leaning down erotically forward and calling him over.

Nick raises his eyebrows and shakes his head, “Is that all the moves? Looks easy.”

Genesis smirks, “Man, you’re hard to get.”

“What?”

“Nothing. You ready to do the moves?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders, “Sure why the hell not.” He smirks and stands on the pier as Genesis watches from aside with a grin on her face.

“What’s so funny?”

“You. I know you didn’t get the counts right.”

“You don’t know that.” Nick states proudly, eager to boast and show her that yes indeed he can do the simple moves.

“Alright, then show me.” She states, water drops slipping off her curls and arms.

“Thought you never asked.” Nick raises his shoulders, standing straight as he begins to shuffle side to side, stepping back as she showed him. He counted softly to himself and placed his right foot behind him before he realized something was wrong. His foot didn’t touch anything. In fact it seemed as if his foot was in the air and before he knew it, he lost his balance and topples on his back into the water behind him.

He stands up, spitting out water and wiping water away from his eyes as he hears Genesis’s laughter in the air. “Ha ha. Got enough of a good laugh.” Nick mutters playfully as he was entirely drenched in the water. Genesis leans over the edge of the pier, shaking her head.

“See I knew you didn’t get it. You missed a step so your counting was thrown off. That’s what you get for thinking it’s so easy. Now try it again and don’t fall in the water.” Genesis giggles, extending her hand to help Nick out of the shallow water below her.

Once Nick was back on the pier, he tried over and over again and failed to get the one small step that including a quick cross and turn before stepping back. He watches intensely as Genesis showed him the same moves slowly until he finally got it. He clears his throat and shuffles side to side, nailing the step that involved the turn and cross. Once he gets it, he smiles and jumps up. “I got it!”

Genesis giggles and claps for him as she runs and gives him an embrace. Surprised by her sudden weight, Nick standing on the edge of the pier, looses footing and topples on his back with Genesis on top of him into the water. Both yell out as the cold water engulfs them before they stand and break into a laugh.

“I wasn’t ready for that.” Nick chuckles, wiping the water off his eyes.

“What a way to celebrate. That was quite the thrill.” She smiles at Nick, grabbing a lock of her hair and draining it of water. “And Nick by the way, I can and do come many times.” She whispers jokily, treading the water in front of him.

“Oh you heard that huh?” Nick laughs, sitting in the more shallow area of the pond where the water reached to his knees.

“Sure did.” She laughs and plops beside him. “You did a good job Nick. Not bad for the first time. Not bad at all. Guess you’re not a virgin anymore on the whole dancing thing huh?” She jokes around happily, spreading out her arms and legs in the water.

“Guess not. You took that away from me.” Nick teases, leaning on his back, feeling the cold inviting water on his warm flushed skin.

“And it was well worth it.” She whispers with a grin.

Nick laughs softly before gazing at her. He had to admit, she was a beautiful woman, she seemed so gentle yet alluring in her own mysterious ways. She was unlike any woman out there that he met. He watches her giggle and stretch out her well defined legs in front of her petite body. “So you know Kevin right?”

She slowly nods and smiles as the evening sun casts its gentle glow on her cheeks. “Yup, why?”

“Oh just curious that’s all.”

“Really? You know curiosity kills a cat.”

“Lucky for you I’m not a cat.” Nick paddles his bare feet in the water.

“What about Kevin? He’s your friend right? He was telling me about you and the rest of guys. You all seem close”

“Yeah, well we are. We kind of grew up near each other and stuff.” Nick responds, yawning tiredly.

“Sounds nice.”

“Yeah, it is. It’s great to have the guys in my life. They’re a pain but what family isn’t?” Nick whispers happily.

Genesis giggles and stares at him, drawn to his light blue eyes. “You have beautiful eyes.”

Nick smirks, “Thanks, that’s not all that’s wonderful about me.”

“My, aren’t we cocky today?”

“Funny you say that, I’m quite cocky indeed.” Nick jokes around getting a laugh out of Genesis.

“Do you always talk to women this way? You’re quite the perv right now.” She smirks, sitting up as water drops drip off her cheeks.

Nick laughs, “Hey I noticed you’re pretty fresh yourself. Besides there’s something about you that makes me talk that way I guess.” He sits up as he splashes water at her.

She gasps in surprise and splashes back. And before they knew it, they were caught in a mini splash war, drenching each other with water.

Genesis laughs and waves her arms out in front of her, “That’s it. I give up. You’re too much.”

Nick smirks and stands up, helping her up as they trudge back to the pier and onto dry land. They both dry off with a towel and head back to the car.

“So how did you and Kevin meet?” Nick asks curiously.

Genesis freezes and pretends to be distracted by wiping away water from her hair.

Nick asks her again as she pretends to smile, “Oh you know it’s the regular. He was at a club and I was performing there.”

“Oh cool.”

“Yeah, sure.” She murmurs as she heads to the parked car off the dusty roadside.

“Why does that bother you?” Nick asks catching her off guard.

“About what?”

“About Kevin.” Nick whispers, opening the driver’s side of the car

“It’s a long story.”

“Well I have a nice long trip back so you got time to tell me.” Nick insists, sliding into the driver’s seat of his rented Ford focus.

“Yeah well. You don’t wanna hear it.” Genesis whispers, sitting in the passenger seat.

Nick starts the ignition and eyes her, “Actually I do. Seems cool. Come on tell me.”

Genesis smiles and shakes her head, “There nothing to tell.”

Nick smiles and switches the lever into a driving mode, pulling the car onto the road and driving away from the serene place. “Ok, well what do you think of Kevin?”

“Why do you care?” Genesis whispers, feeling uncomfortable.

“I don’t know. I just want to know, that’s all.” Nick states, concentrating on the road before him.

Sighing, she leans back on the leather seat, her head resting on it. “Kevin is an interesting man. That’s all I can say.”

Nick laughs, “Tell me about it.” And they drive down the road, away from the serene environment.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Something New by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Something New~**

He slowly drives down the narrow pathway, the soft humming music of the car radio filters the quiet car. Nick glances over to see Genesis lost in thought, gazing out of the passenger side window. “That was interesting moves back there.”

Genesis smirks and turns back to gaze at him, “I have moves you’ve never seen before.”

Nick chuckles, shaking his head, “You remind me of a friend of mine when you talk like that.”

“You don’t say?” Genesis whispers, her eyes locked on the side window again, the country houses passing by them quickly.

“Yeah. So…what happened with Kevin and you?” He whispers out softly.

“Why do you care?” Genesis mutters out annoyed.

“Cause I want to know what’s bothering my friend, that’s why.”

“Why don’t you just ask him yourself?” Genesis grumbles out, pulling on a moist dark brown tendril that caresses her butter pecan cheeks.

“I tried, but he’s been quiet about it himself. I figured you tell me.” Nick asks worriedly, fearing he had made her uncomfortable with the nuisance questions.

Genesis remains quiet, reaching over to the car radio to turn up the volume. The crisp clear words of Donna Summer’s “Last Dance” rang out in the car. Smiling, Genesis leans back in the seat. “I like this song. In fact, this is the song I’m gonna use for the competition Nick.”

Nick nibbles on his lower lip, his eyes trail back and forth to the woman and the road in front of him. “Oh ok.” He mutters, knowing she didn’t want to discuss what was bothering her or what could have bothered his friend Kevin. Knowing she changed the subject on him, he already knew what was going on had to be bigger than he thought. ‘I gotta talk to Kev when I get home.’ He thinks to himself as he turns onto another dusty road leading them down towards a more suburban part of the town.

Genesis sways gently to the song, mouthing and singing along with the words: “Last dance. Last dance for love. Yeah it’s my last chance for romance tonight.”

Nick smirks, slowing pulling up to a small quaint country house. “We’re here.”

Genesis playfully sways her head side and side, smirking. “Ahhh man. We’re here already. Aight.” She grins, her hand switches off the song and opens the car door, sliding out of the car.

Nick smirks and joins her, helping her carry her small carry on radio along with her backpack up the front porch steps. The wooden steps groan with the added weight as Genesis wiggles her hips ascending up the four steps and unlocking her front door.

Nick quietly places her backpack on the stoop, sighing and ready to say bye to her. As he was pulling away from her porch, he feels a soft touch on the back his neck. Jumping, he turns back around and smirks. “Hey you. You missing something?”

“Nope. Just thought it was rude of ya walking away without saying bye to me.” Genesis smirks, her bright eyes glimmer in the growing evening sunset.

Nick nods, “Ok, well I’ll see ya tomorrow then right?”

Genesis frowns, shaking her head, “Uhhh depends, tommorrow I might not be in town. I’ll let ya know. But most def the next day, Friday.”

“Ohhh, busy then tommorrow?”

“Somewhat. Anyways, practice boy cause just in case you don’t see me tomorrow. And hold up.” Genesis whispers, digging through her navy blue gym bag to pull out a blank CD. “You might wanna practice the moves with this song. This is the song we’ll be performing to in two weeks.” She hands the CD case over to Nick who eyes it curiously.

“It’s the same song we just heard on the radio that I was singing too. Anyways, you already know the basic moves, just go through the more complicated moves slowly to the beat and remember the counts, cause the song and the beats go hand in hand when it comes to dancing.” She smirks, ruffling his black spikes.

“Hey whoaaa!! Watch it. Not the hair girl.” Nick laughs, giving her a friendly embrace. “So I gotta head back, I’ll see ya soon then.”

Genesis giggles. “Alright.”

“By the way, why does your friend Nadia call you Angel?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Genesis giggles.

“So what’s the thing Angel? Why the name?” Nick whispers seductively.

“Angel just plain out cause I can sail like an angel when dancing.” Genesis giggles, watching the tall man before her.
“Uh ok. So the mystery’s over then. Now I know why you’re an angel.”

“Just about. But there’s far more to me than just that.” Genesis whispers, easing her way back up to the porch steps.

Nick smirks: his thoughts swirling around, ‘Maybe I can I find out.’ He straightens up and opens the car door, ready to slide into the driver’s seat. “So Angel, I’ll talk to ya later then.”

Genesis smirks, “Alright Luckie. Drive safe and don’t forget to practice the moves. I expect you to know the moves when I see you again. Please use the CD, don’t just look at it alright.”

Nick laughs, “Will do. Take care. Bye.” He waves at her, as she slowly waves bye, watching the black Ford Focus pull away from her dirt road.
~*~

Howie washes his hands at the dingy sink outside of the pool house as he hears the others cleaning up. It was already night and the sky had blacken immensely.

“D, you ready yet?” He hears A.J. calling out from behind him.

“Yeah, let’s go man.” Howie whispers, wiping his hands on his jeans.

Kevin yawns and opens the green SUV with Brian already seated in it. Smirking, he laughs and gets into the driver’s seat, “Where are the others?”

Brian shrugs his shoulders, “I think A.J. was talking to the red haired girl last I checked.”

Kevin chuckles and boards the vehicle, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. “Well call them over, we gotta head home.”

A.J. strolls over to the poolside, helping the red haired woman pack away her belongings in a tote bag. “So what did you say your name was?”

The red haired woman breaks into a laugh, her light copper skin glisten gently in the early moon light. “Suzanna.”

“Ahhh, aight. Suzy, I’m A.J. short for Alex.” A.J. whispers smoothly, placing a towel on her wet shoulders.

She laughs and waves bye, running past him to meet her awaiting friends. “Hey Alex, A.J. make sure you keep my number. It was nice meeting you.” She yells out, blowing a kiss at his direction.

A.J. nods, grinning silly as Howie clears his throat. “Don’t say a word D.”

“Hey I wasn’t going to. But now that I’ve seen the girl, I was curious what’s up with you and yellow.”

A.J. chuckles heading back to the SUV where Brian and Kevin were quietly waiting for them. “She has a name D, its Suzanna or as I like to say Suzy.”

“Well that was fast. Think she’s into ya man?”

“D, how can she not be?” A.J. grins widely, his dark eyes twinkling with mischievous. “And look at you mister suave. I saw you chatting it up with miss blondie in a red printed bikini.”

“She looked like she wanted company.” Howie shrugs his shoulders innocently.

A.J. breaks into a laughter, “Oh yeah, she really wanted your company alright.”

“Well she did and she loved it. Besides giving me her number, she was a doll and we’re heading out on a date…”

“Whoa dude date? Did you just say date?” A.J. teases, poking his Latin friend in the ribs.

Howie laughs, “Yes, I do date Alex.”

“Wow, that was fast. What’s her name?”

“Angela or Ana for short.” Howie grins, reaching the vehicle, hopping into it.

A.J. smirks, sliding into the car behind his friend as they all board and pull away from Quincy’s home.
~*~

She withholds another yawn as she steps out of her bathroom, heading towards her bed. Sighing in relief, she falls on her back, allowing the sweet cushions of the soft bed embrace around her. Just as she was about to close her eyes, she hears a gentle giggle emerge from her friend Nadia who was leaning over her like a curious child.

Grumbling, Genesis sits up on the bed, placing a pillow over her mouth. In a muffled voice, she mutters out: “Go away!”

Laughter erupts shortly after, causing Genesis to stare in the dark room to find her friend perched on the edge of her bed with wide open eyes. “What do you want?”

A smile crawls over her copper skin friend’s face, “You know what I want. Give me the scoop Angel!”

Smirking, Genesis rolls her eyes and turns on the lamp besides her bedside. The soft dull yellow light, emblazoned the two women faces. “Nothing happened. I just showed him the basic moves.”

“HA! Stop playing around. Did you kiss him?” Nadia grins widely, sliding onto the bed.

Now Genesis breaks into a gentle laugh, shaking her head. “I can’t hang out with a man without you thinking I’m hitting on him?”

“Please, he’s not any man. He’s fine for a white boy that is. Plus, he got those blue eyes you can melt in and that black hair of his just brings out the essence of his gorgeous eyes, face, a…”

Genesis intercepts with a laughter, nodding her head. “Ok, ok! God. Man the guy is…he’s damn, you had to see him with his shirt off.” She blushes hearing a gasp from her friend.

“Damn girl, don’t tell me you got laid? Cause that would explain your bubbly attitude.” Nadia jokes around, receiving a harsh look from her friend.

“Come on, you know it’s not like that. Besides I don’t really know him.”

“But you wanna know him more, don’t ya?” Nadia whispers, her black curls topple lusciously out of her handmade bun.

“I don’t know. Maybe. Who knows? He’s a cool guy.”

Nadia grins widen, “So what was his response when you showed him some of the moves.”

Genesis laughs, “I’m not speaking.”

Nadia gasps and pouts, “Genesis Evalyse Martinez if you don’t tell me what happened, I won’t make my special grand winning prize pancakes in the morning.”

Genesis’s mouth drops open gasping in teasing matter, “You wouldn’t?”

“Try me.”

“Dammit. I hate you.”

“The feelings mutual sweetie.” Nadia giggles, lying on her side, facing her friend on the bed.

“Alright, well like any guy he freaked when I told him what we would be dancing. It took him awhile to get some of the basic stuff down but it was fun. Plus, he’s a big boy if you know what I’m talking about.” She blushes, feeling silly discussing this to her friend.

“Ohhhh, I don’t. Tell me why don’t ya?” Nadia playfully jokes around.

“You know what I’m talking about.” Genesis bursts into laughter.

“Hmmm… big feet means big…”

Genesis cuts in, interrupting her friend. “Ok, this conversation ends now.” She states laughing as Nadia rolls off the bed and heads over to her own bed across the room.

“You so cheesy. Never wanna give the details. I share everything about Joey to you.”

“Even though I don’t wanna know.” Genesis smirks, turning off the lamp and tucking herself beneath the cool sheets on her bed.

“Shut up. No pancakes for you if you keep it up.” Nadia giggles.

“I can always go to Nick and get some.”

Nadia laughs and tucks herself beneath her sheets. “I’m sure you’ll be getting more than that from him.”

“Shut up.” Genesis giggles.

“You suck.” Nadia mumbles, burying herself under the cool sheets.

“He asked me about Kevin.” Genesis whispers out suddenly.

This caught Nadia’s attention and she sits up slowly, “What happened? Does he know about you two?”

“I, I’m not sure. I didn’t want to talk to him about it. But I wouldn’t be surprised. Nadia, what if he knows about what happens. He probably wouldn’t be my partner anymore.” Genesis whispers out nervously.

“Don’t think about that. If he really wants to help you out, he’ll stand by you for the whole audition thing.” Nadia whispers comforting: gazing at her friend’s silhouette across from her.
“Maybe. Well night Dee.” Genesis whispers, closing her eyes as she pulls on the covers over her head.

“Night Angel.” Nadia whispers out gently, sliding beneath the covers, her friend’s concerns swirling in her own head.
~*~

Nick pulls up to the cabin, parking his car on the gravel driveway. Sighing, he traces his fingers over the steering wheel, a smile breaking into his face as he thinks about Genesis. ‘She’s a sweet girl.’ He thinks to himself as he takes out his keys and exits the car, heading to the cabin’s front door unlocking it. He enters the cabin, passing by the den where his three friends were passed out and quietly heads over to the bathroom, quickly taking a quick shower.

Kevin enters the cabin from the back porch, yawning as the other three of his friends were passed out on the sofas in the den. Smirking, he walks over to his bed and hears the shower on, noting it had to be Nick that arrived home.

“Alex. Alex.” Kevin calls out to a sleeping A.J. stretched out on the sofa in a deep sleep. Getting irritated, Kevin smiles and picks up a ball of A.J.’s dirty socks near by his bed, tossing it at A.J.’s head.

The ball of sock bounces on his friend’s head, alarming A.J. as he struggles to sit up on the sofa.

Kevin laughs, watching his friend cast a dirty glance at him, “What the hell man?”

“You have a bed, go to it. The sofa is for lounging, not sleeping.” Kevin smirks, taking off his sneakers as he lied on his bed.

“This is like camp guys, when I used to share a room with a bunch of other guys.” A.J. mumbles, heading to his bed tiredly in a bedroom, plopping down on it.

Brian mumbles out something incoherent and awakens, eying Kevin. “What?”

“You, bed.” Kevin points to Brian’s bed.

“But I’m comfortable here.” Brian mutters, stretching out on another sofa.

“Don’t make me yank you to bed like I did when you used stay over at my place when we were kids.” Kevin chuckles hearing Brian gasps.

“You wouldn’t dare! I had nightmares thinking you were gonna leave me in the backyard for Freddy or Jason to come.” Brian playfully shivers getting a laugh from Howie who was aroused from his sleep with their talking.

“Just get to sleep. I’m turning off the lights.” Kevin smirks, walking over to the light switch.

“Alright, alright.” Howie mutters, stumbling to his bedroom which he shared with A.J. as Brian reaches his own bedroom and sleeps on his bed.

“By the way Kev, it’s unfair you have your own separate bedroom.” Howie mutters, running his tan caramel fingers through his dark hair.

“Hey, at least you have a place to sleep. Now good night.” Kevin chuckles, hearing Brian and Howie grumble. Once the bedroom doors where closed, Kevin was about to turn off the light in the den when the bathroom door opens.

He watches Nick step out and smiles. “Hey buddy!”

“Hey.” Nick whispers, gazing at the wooden boards below him.

“So, uhhh, how was it?”

“Oh, the dancing thing?”

“Yeah.”

Nick clears his throat, “It was cool. I learned some steps.”

“Oh ok.”

“Kev, can we talk?”

Kevin smiles and nods, “Nick, that’s what we’re doing right now.”

Nick rolls his eyes, “No, I mean can you tell me what happened with Genesis? What do you know about her?”

Kevin gulps, tugging on his t-shirt. “It’s too late. Let’s get some sleep. I’ll tell ya in the morning.”

“Why can’t you tell me now?”

“Nick, please, I know you feel tired. I know I do, so don’t worry and just rest up alright buddy. Night Nick.” Kevin whispers: turning off the light in the den and heads to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

“Night.” Nick whispers back, alone in the dark den as he heads to bedroom he shared with Brian.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**
No Easy Five Moves by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~No Easy Five Moves~**

A.J. shuffles over to the kitchen, watching the yolk bubble lightly in the frying pan. He sniffs and smiles, plopping down on a chair next to the kitchen table. “Mmmm…smelling nice indeed D.”

Howie looks up from the pan, smirking, “Thanks. Hey, morning Alex.”

“Yo whaddup?” A.J. yawns out: stretching his arms out overhead. “So you up early, can I ask why?”

Howie chuckles, rolling his eyes: “You know why. I have my little date in a few hours and I was getting restless just lying in bed.”

A.J. couldn’t resist and quickly teases his friend, “Oh, well yeah cause you wanna save your energy for later when you and her share the same bed.”

Howie breaks into a laughter, shaking his head, “Dude, please it’s not like that. I’m not planning on sleeping with her…” He gazes at the bubbling eggs as his toast pops out.

“Yet.” A.J. finishes up with a wide grin on his tan face.

Shaking his head, Howie grabs a glass cup and fills it up with orange juice. “I ain’t gonna sleep with her! Alex, I don’t know the girl like that for me to get laid.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Like you haven’t thought of it.” He chuckles, crossing his arms on his red tank top covered chest.

“Shut up!” Howie chuckles, setting two clear glass plates for him and A.J. on the table, tossing his cream covered toast and bringing the egg omelet on his plate. Howie slips into his seat as A.J. glances at his own empty plate and then back at Howie.

“Ummm…I think you forgot mines.” A.J. whispers out with a feeble grin on his lips.

Howie smirks, indicting to the fridge, “You’re a grown man, you can cook for yourself. I ain’t serving ya, ‘cause I sure ain’t your momma.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, getting up from the chair and heading over to the fridge. “D, you wrong man. You see a starving brother here and you leave him with nothing to eat. That’s just wrong man.” He smirks, opening the fridge, gathering some ingredients for his sandwich, pulling out the bacon from the freezer.

Howie chuckles, enjoying his meal as Kevin walks into the kitchen. “Well morning Kev.”

“Hey guys.” Kevin groggily answers, rubbing his weary eyes.

A.J. turns from the counter filled with various ingredients and grins, “Well hey Kevy boy! Morning, how was the sleep man?”

Kevin smirks, drumming his fingers on the table, “Good, I slept nice. Nick came in last night after you fell asleep on me.”

“Ohhhhhh!!! What happened? Maybe Brian knows if Nick got some nookie!” A.J. teases out as Howie chuckles.

“Calm down Alex.” Kevin chuckles: crossing over to a cabinet to pull out a box of cereal. He pauses and turns to see Howie and A.J. staring at him with curiosity in their eyes.

“You guys are worse than teenage girls.” Kevin smiles gently, pouring a bowl of corn flakes into a glass bowl.

“Dude, tell us! Did he say anything?” A.J. whispers out, filling his plate up with a jelly bagel, dumping some frozen bacon onto a frying pan.

Kevin smirks, “He didn’t mention much of it. Just said he learned a few moves and he’s gonna be rehearsing some of it.”

“That’s it?” A.J. grumbles out in disappointment.

“Yup, in fact, why don’t you ask him yourself if you want to know more?” Kevin smirks, raising his eyebrows at him.

“Ahhh, I guess. But it’s always fun hearing it from another person.” A.J. mumbles, filling up his plate with his sandwich, bagel, staring at the bubbling bacon now being cooked.

Kevin chuckles: grabbing his bowl and heading out to the back patio to relax in a cushioned chair. Howie and A.J. watch their friend leave the room and glance back at each other with a smirk on their faces.

“Ohhhhh, something going down. Where’s blondie at? I can’t take this suspense anymore.” A.J. grins, rubbing his hands together manically.

Howie laughs, running a free hand through his dark brown curls, “You need to join Kevin in the back, Nick is still sleeping and if you wake that kid up, he ain’t gonna tell you jack.”

“Ha! Well we’ll see about that now won’t we?” A.J. grins, placing his full plate on the kitchen table and hurrying out of the kitchen to Nick and Brian’s room.
~*~

He opens his eyes as the loud hammering coming from the door alerts his senses. “Go Away!” Nick grumbles, annoyed and beginning to feel slightly aggravated.

He could hear a quiet chuckle coming from his room mate Brian on the other bed. Nick sighs and tiredly turns to see Brian grinning from ear to ear, sitting on his own bed across from him. “What?” He mumbles out, his right cheek pressing on the large pillow almost as if the pillow will swallow him whole.

“Don’t what me. You got a story, so spill.” Brian smirks, crossing his legs on the made bed, staring at him innocently.

Nick grumbles, closing his eyes as he tugs on his cool white starch blanket. “Just leave me alone dude. It wasn’t such a big deal. Really it wasn’t.”

“That ain’t details. You’re holding back.” Brian grins, getting off his bed as he tugs on his own blue jean shorts, putting on a light blue tank top. He smirks at the pounding door. “And that must be A.J.”

“Oh dude no! Come on, don’t answer it. Let him knock.” Nick mumbles, yawning deeply, rolling on his back.

Brian chuckles and answers the bedroom door, allowing A.J. entrance into their shared room.

“Ahhh yess! I have come! I’m here!” A.J. belts out, grinning manically from cheek to cheek.

Brian smirks, patting A.J. on the shoulder as he heads out of the room, “Hey good luck. He’s not talking.”

“Ha, well you don’t have the skills.” A.J. chuckles and plops down on Brian’s bed, staring at Nick. “Spill the beans boy. What the dilly man with you and miss exotic dancer?”

Nick smirks, “A gentleman never tells.”

“Riiiiight. Dude that would work if you were a gentleman: but you have the background of a male whore.”

“Yeah, I resent that!” Nick laughs, sitting up in his bed, getting out and reaching for a green t-shirt.

“Well hey man, that’s the truth.” A.J. chuckles: watching Nick digging through his own cargo pants pockets lying on the bedside.

“Ah man, I forgot to give this to her.” Nick mumbles, pulling out a golden bracelet, glowing in the sunny morning.

“Oh where you get that?”

“It’s Genesis’s, she dropped it a few days ago and I was suppose to give it back to her.” Nick states, tucking the bracelet into his jean shorts pocket. “Maybe I’ll stop by and drop it off at her place.”

“Ohhhhhhhh. You gonna go see her? Sweet! I knew something was going on between the two of you!” A.J. responds with a grin sprawled on his lips.

“No J, man. Nothing is happening between the two of us. We’re just dancing partners and that’s all.”

A.J. chuckles: heading to the bedroom door, “Yeah, ok. Man, call it whatever you want. Hey whatever makes ya feel good.” And with that, he opens the door, exiting the room.

Nick rolls his eyes, following behind him.
~*~

Kevin sighs peacefully in the back porch, enjoying the early morning sunlight, flourishing the back yard with its gentle orange sun light. Placing his empty cereal bowl on the wooden planks below him, he settles back in the lounge chair, throwing his legs up on the footrest. He smiles gently as the morning summer breeze filters through the atmosphere.

“Nice morning huh?” Nick states quietly, entering the porch to join him.

“Sure is man. Glad to see you’re up.” Kevin smiles softly as Nick wipes his own mouth with a napkin, taking a sip of his plastic cup.

“Yeah, Brian was being a pain. Kev I can’t wait to get back my own room in Florida. I miss it, it was all mine. I didn’t have to share it with anyone.” He laughs, sitting next to Kevin in a plastic chair.

“Yeah, well I’m glad I manage to get you and the other guys to get away. I would have had an apartment in New York if I wasn’t doing the whole club thing. But hey you never know. I’m considering doing something for Broadway.”

“You and Broadway? Dude, seriously! That would be cool.”

“Sure would be.” Kevin yawns softly, feeling Nick staring at him. “What?”

“You said you would tell me this morning about Genesis.” Nick states, adjusting in his seat.

“Damn, you remember that? Fine, fine. It was something from the past. We used to date so I know what kind of girl she is.”

Nick stops mid-way in his drink, swallowing roughly the cold liquid down his throat. Croaking out, he shakes his head, “Dude, you guys used to date? Damn, I thought the age difference would be a problem for you.”

Kevin smiles gently, looking at his friend, “Nick, she’s not that young. How old do you think she is?”

Shrugging his shoulders, Nick leans back in his seat, “I don’t know, 18, 19?”

“Close, but no, she’s 23. And when we dated, she was 21. Meaning that she was legal and knew what she was doing.” Kevin states, his emerald eyes gazing at the blue heavens.

“Ah ok, but what was the problem with you guys?”

Kevin sighs and goes into the retelling of the story while Nick listens pensively. By the time Kevin explains the whole dating dilemma to him, Nick was left in shock, letting out a long whistle.

“Damn. Wow. Dude, I had no idea.”

“Hey that’s alright. Anyways, you’re a grown man, if you want to pursue her, I won’t stand in the way. I’m not jealous, I guess I’m just left with no answers from her behalf.”

Nick nods, soaking in the early sun, his thoughts flooding in his mind. “Well there has to be a reason why she did, what she did. Kevin, did you know that she has dreams and aspirations to open a place for those of disabilities and…”

“And she wants to help those out by providing dancing and educational things to them. Nick I know.” Kevin intercepts him, chewing on his lower lip gently.

“Right. Well, she’s a sweet girl, that’s all. Kevin even if I was planning on going after her, I don’t think I would feel ok knowing you had a thing with her.”

Kevin breaks into a sudden laugh, shaking his head, “Nick, I don’t want to hold you back. You just do what your heart tells you. And you’re right: she’s a great girl with dreams and goals. Besides what happened with me was the past, I don’t hold grudges and I never will with you. So don’t stress it ok.”

Nick nods, “Aight. Well I’m gonna go and get some more grub. Want anything?”

“No, thanks. I’m fine.” Kevin yawns out, stretching out as he gazes at Nick who disappears back into the house. “I just hope he doesn’t get hurt in her game of love.” He whispers softly to himself.
~*~

Nick pulls out the CD and smirks, putting it in his cd player. “Let’s see how this sounds.” Pushing play, the music fills the living room as it booms out of the speakers A.J. decided to hook up in the cabin.

The music pounds out, the lyrics pulsating out:

‘Last dance
Last dance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
I need you by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad.’

Brian and Howie enter the room, covering their ears at the loud pounding music that filled the room. Brian tries to speak over the music but failed as Nick seemed to be busy to notice their presence. Nick stands up and begins to practice the steps swiftly and smoothly, every now and then losing count.

Both men watch impressed at Nick’s skills in the dancing, quietly watching their friend twirl and slide across the floor with ease. When the music ends, Nick inhales to catch his breath and finally turns to see that he had an audience.

Howie breaks the sudden silence with his clapping, followed by Brian, who were both amazed at their friend’s quick ability.

“Wow! She does miracles indeed!” Brian grins.

“You learned to do all that in one day?” Howie quips up, his eyes wide at the sudden dancing ability his friend had.

Nick nods, “Yeah, what you think I couldn’t pick up?”

“Dude, just never thought, you could dance nice like that.” Brian states in awe as Howie grins.

“Mind Brian, we’re impressed. Very impressed.”

Nick straightens up, smiling, “Thanks. Dude you should see the moves she does with me.”

Howie chuckles, “That’s right, you know where the place is gonna at and what time?”

Nick nods, “Yeah, I heard it was gonna be at ‘Mikey’s Fire Hall’ at around 7:30 in the evening. Genesis told me the place was gonna be packed and only those invited to the tons of performances are allowed to come.”

“Oh ok, well I’ll make sure I put that down in my planner. I wanna see ya do your thing at the performance.” Howie smiles, plopping onto a sofa.

“Thanks.”

“Nicky you nervous?” Brian asks, taking a seat across from Howie.

“What do you think?” Nick smirks, taking out the CD from his player to clean it.

“I think you’ll be fine. I mean if you got those moves in just a matter of a day. Imagine what you’ll learn by the end of next week and performance night.” Howie states proudly, encouraging his friend.

Nick smirks, clipping his cd player into a belt loop of his jean shorts. “Well guys I gotta head out, try to practice some other moves. I’ll see ya later.” And he jogs to the front door, waving off his friends and exiting.

“Lucky kid.” A.J. states, stepping into the room.

Howie chuckles, “And you say this because?”

“Dude, Gen is hott! And he gets a chance to have her sprawl out on him as they dance. Talk about legal sex without all the mess.” A.J. grins, getting a few groans from the others.

“Hey why don’t you say that to Suzy and see if she likes it?” Howie teases.

“I know she will, she’s a freaky type of girl, if you know what I mean.” A.J. raises his eyebrows to indict his point as he whistles to get something from his room.

“Speaking of late. D, don’t you have to meet that Ana girl?” Brian ponders.

Howie gasps and checks his watch, “Damn! That’s right, man lucky you mentioned it, I would have gotten there late.”

“No prob, where you taking her?” Brian asks, getting up from the sofa.

Howie races to the front door and tucks his wallet into his dark blue jeans, “Gonna see a horror movie, the theater. She loves scary stuff, all the blood and gore you can think of.”

Brian makes a disgusted expression, chuckling, “Seems like your type of girl. At least she can protect ya if you get scared.”

“Shut up man.” Howie smirks, exiting the cabin, “I’ll talk to ya later.” And they they say their goodbyes.
~*~

Nick walks over to the elongated wooden bridge that stretches out over a mile over the rushing river. Glancing down, he takes a deep breath, staring at the crystal water below him. Placing the headphones on his ears, he starts the song, shuffling on the bridge the dance steps. He got across it, proudly nailing all the moves he was shown. He heads back to the sturdy bridge, dancing the moves and throwing his arms in the air, “I got it! I got the moves!” Nick yells out to the lowly forest as he gets off the bridge and makes his way back to the cabin.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Unexpected Visit by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”


**~Unexpected Visit~**

She drops off her gym bag, glad to reach the beach side house she shared with her friend with Nadia. Sighing in relief, she opens the front door and enters it, a grin spreading on her butter pecan cheeks. “Mmmmm…smells great. Whatcha cooking Dee?”

Nadia pokes her head out of the kitchen threshold and breaks into a giggle. “Gen, you’re back fast. How was it hanging with the dancing interview?”

Genesis breaks into a wide smile, her light brown eyes twinkle in glee. “It was wonderful! Dee, I think things are starting to finally look great for me!”

Nadia laughs, running and embracing her friend. “Sweet! Man, so you’re in then right? The department is gonna donate some money to fix the building you’re planning on renting?”

“Yup! Well that is if things work out all good and I win the dance competition coming up.”

Nadia smirks, brushing aside some of her black locks off her tan cheeks. “Please, you know you’ll win, so stop fronting. Besides that fine white boy you with wouldn’t let you down.”

“You have a fascination with him, don’t ya?” Genesis teases, brushing pass her friend to get to her shared bedroom.

Nadia gasps, shaking her head jokily. “How could you even think that? I just think it’s interesting that this hot guy enters your life out of the blue and you don’t even take the opportunity to get to know him better.”

Genesis stops midway at the bedroom threshold, her back facing her friend, before she turns around to look at Nadia curiously. “You’re quite the character now aren’t ya?” Smirking, she rolls her light eyes, “Even if I was into him, it’s not like he’s into me.”

Nadia’s mouth drops open, “Pshhhh! Hello! Someone’s blind today! Girl, that boy is head over heels for ya! He wouldn’t go through the whole dancing thing just to be nice, let’s get real! The brother is into you and you need to get with it.”

Genesis smiles gently, “Maybe. But even if you are right, I’m looking at him through professional eyes. He’s a partner and a student and I’m to do my job and simply teach the man his moves.”

“And a few moves on the side eh?” Nadia jokes around, staring down at her friend.

“Shuddup!” Genesis breaks into a laugh., “Maybe so. But I’m not expecting the man to give into a full blown relationship.”

“Uh huh, ummm…” Nadia grins, entering the kitchen.

“And what’s that suppose to mean?” Genesis giggles, following her friend into the kitchen.

“Nothin’. Nothin’ at all.” Nadia busies herself preparing dinner, opening the oven to see how the baked chicken is coming along.

“You’re funny.” Genesis smirks, easing her way out of the room, back to her bedroom.

“Yes, quite the funny one indeed. Gen, how about we make a bet?” Nadia suddenly states, her voice echoes down towards the bedroom.

Genesis pokes her head out of the bedroom threshold, gazing at the kitchen threshold to see her friend. “A bet? What is it?”

Nadia grins, stepping out of the kitchen and easing her way over to her friend, “I bet you’ll fall in love with that Nick guy in two weeks and if I lose I’ll pay you fifty dollars to donate to the building. And if I win, hehe, well you’ll be doing all the cooking for the following month.”

Genesis smirks, sticking out her hand, “Well then it’s a deal. Cause I can’t fall in love that fast. It just doesn’t work that way, this isn’t a fairytale story.”

Nadia rolls her dark eyes and grabs her friend’s hand. “So it’s a bet then?”

“Yeah. Cause you won’t win, this is my heart and it don’t work that way.” Genesis smirks. And with that, both women shake on it, complying to the bet.

Nadia walks back to the kitchen as her friend excuses herself to unpack some of her personal belongings. Shaking her head, Nadia smiles: ‘I know you more than you think. And your heart will surprise you, you’ll see.’ She thinks to herself, setting up the china plates on the glass table in the kitchen.
~*~

She places the dirty glass plates into the dishwasher, her ears perking up at the sound of the door knocking. Glancing over to the kitchen metal circular clock above the stove, she narrows her eyes. “Who the hell is at the door at this time in the night?” Nadia grumbles, passing her shared bedroom which Genesis had closed the door for a quick nap. Reaching the front door, she swings open the door and gasps to her surprise. “What the hell are you doing here?!” She growls out at the tall tan colored man standing before her.

The man smirks, narrowing his dark brown eyes, scanning behind her. “Where is she?” He tries pushing himself into the threshold.

“Aries, what are you doing here?!” Nadia whispers out, gazing back at the locked bedroom door.

Aries narrows his eyes, his dark dyed blonde hair lies neatly in corn rows on his head, “I don’t need your permission to see her.”

“She’s not interested. What part of no don’t you get?” Nadia growls out, standing firmly, blocking Aries from entering further into the house.

“Get out of my way!” Aries growls, his muscle bound arms tighten, the muscles bulging in anger.

“She doesn’t want to see you. Leave us alone Aries. I’m serious. I’m going to call the cops if you don’t leave here right now.”

“You ain’t calling the cops on me! I ain’t do nothing…yet! Now let me speak to her!”

“NO!” Nadia hisses out.

Aries vehemently growls out a list of profanities as he punches the side of the door, cracking a small piece of the wooden frame.

“You son of a… You almost broke my door down! Oh hell no! Your behind is getting arrested now for trespassing!” Nadia rages, gripping the doorframe tightly.

“I swear to God, you call the cops, you’re going down!”

“Yeah, that’s real nice. Now you’re threatening me. Go ahead, make the list longer so the police can lock you up longer.” Nadia rages.

Aries smirks and backs away, stepping back from her. He screams out into the threshold, “Gen! Gen, where are you? Let’s talk! I know about that man you’re with! I swear if you with him and I find out you’re cheating on me with him, I’ll get you.”

Genesis opens the bedroom door, peering at the enraged man blocked at the front door by Nadia. She gulps, watching Aries shout out a few threats and he stops suddenly, staring at her, smiling, his eyes taking in her seldom face. Tears stain her cheeks as she gulps and remains quiet.

“God, Genesis, you’re so beautiful. I almost forgot what a doll you are to me.”

Genesis chokes out, shaking her violently, “Aries. It’s over, its been over for the past few weeks already. Don’t come by here anymore or I’ll have you arrested.”

“You’re threatening me now! What the…” Aries yells, slamming his fists on the threshold.

“Go away. For God’s sake, leave me alone now.” Genesis states calmly, approaching him.

Aries growls out, slamming his fist on the door, “Tell me the truth! You seeing another man?”

“What? Oh for the love of God, what are you talking about? Even if I was in a relationship, that’s none of your business. Do you hear me? What we had was in the past, be a man and walk away from this. Do you hear me?” Genesis states boldly, standing besides her friend.

Aries narrows his eyes and steps away from the women, going down the front steps. “It’s that man that you’re teaching! I know it is. And when I find him, he’s going down!”

Nadia seethes and pushes Genesis back into the house gently, before closing the door behind her and locking it. “I’m so sorry. I thought it was someone else. You weren’t suppose to see him.” She whispers, embracing the sobbing woman in her arms. “Don’t worry Gen, he’s all talk. Nothing will happen to Nick or you. I’m gonna call the cops now and make sure he stays far away from you and anyone else you know.”

Genesis stares back at her friend whispering a shaky “thank you.”

“No prob. I got your back girl.” Nadia whispers, leading Genesis back to the bedroom. “Let’s watch some t.v or something to get your mind off that jerk.”

Genesis smiles softly through her tear stain face as they enter their share bedroom.
~*~

Nick drives down the familiar dusty road and glances over to see the beach he was at a few nights ago. He pulls up in front of Genesis’s house and smiles, “She’s probably not even there. I’ll give it to her tomorrow then I guess.” He drums his fingers on the steering wheel, jumping at the sudden loud yelling coming from nearby Genesis’s house.

Nick watches a tall built man thrashing around the driveway, sulking and gazing around. Nick sits in the driver’s seat of his rented Ford Focus examining the strange man. The man locks eyes with Nick and immediately approaches him. Nick was about to pull away from the house but stops to see the man reach the side of his driver’s window, knocking on it.

Sighing, Nick rolls down the car window, his sapphire orbs staring at the grumbling man. “Uhhh, how can I help ya?”

The man watches him curiously and smirks, “What are you doing here? This is private property.”

“I know, I know someone here.”

“Oh really, you don’t say?” The man seethes out.

“Yo, you aight? You seemed pissed.” Nick states, watching the man tense up.

“I’m gonna ask you a question and I’m only gonna say it to you once. Do you know a woman name Genesis?”

Nick’s eyes flicker in remembrance of the name and the man notices it. “Uh yeah why?”

“Oh, nothing really. Just curious. Can you get out of the car?” The man grumbles out annoyed.

“Ah no. I rather not.”

“Figured you say that.” The man runs a thick hand through his dyed blonde locks. Suddenly the man sticks his arm into the car, grabbing Nick by his shirt collar. “The hell you know Genesis, you’re the guy who’s been distracting my girl!”

Nick gulps and roughly yanks away from the man’s touch, anger now flickering in his face. “You’re her boyfriend?!” He mutters out.

“Doesn’t matter who I am, just you stay away from her, do you hear me?!” The man growls out: anger evident in his voice.

“I’ll stay from whomever I want too. And from what I heard, she’s gonna see me whether you like it or not!” Nick growls out, stepping out of the car.

The man laughs, backing away, swinging at Nick. Nick ducks and avoids the hits, almost stumbling back. “What the hell man?!”

The man growls and takes another swing, doing a quick jab that struck Nick on his temple.

Nick groans out in pain and in rage punches the man squarely in the nose, causing the man to groan in pain as blood spews out of his nose. The man growls and wipes a hand across his bloody nose, backing away and picks up a thick bark off the dusty ground. “Oh pretty boy. You going down!” And he races towards Nick with the bark.

Nick grabs the bark just as it was going to swing at him and he kicks the man in the groin, causing the man to fall to his knees. Nick takes this opportunity to kick the man in the chin with his kneecap as the man flies back and lands on his back, groaning out in agony. The man swings the bark at Nick, hitting him on his leg. Nick cries out, sensing the bark cut his skin on his calf. Nick backs away, grabbing the bark and slamming it down on the man’s hand. Aries screams out, staring at the protruding bark in his bloody flesh. Nick sighs, his breathing ragged as Genesis and Nadia open their front door, running down to him.

“Dear God Nick! You’re bleeding!” Genesis cries out, touching Nick gently, his warm blood touched her fingertips. “Come inside! You should get cleaned up.”

Nadia smiles gently and shakes her head, “Sorry Nick. This punk has been causing us trouble for a while. Sorry you had to be involved.”

Nick shakes his head wearily, “Na, its alright. But what the hell was his problem? He acted like a jealous boyfriend or something. Listen Gen, if he’s bugging about this whole dancing thing, maybe it’s best I shouldn’t be here now.”

“I’m cleaning you up. You’re not going anywhere ‘til I wipe that blood off you.” Genesis quietly states, looking up at him.

Nick nods and quietly follows Genesis into the house as Nadia takes out her cell phone to call for the police. She smiles and gazes down at Aries, a smirk on her tan face. “Good for you, you deserved that for calling him pretty boy and harassing my girl. You’ll be seeing a lot of the jail cell now, so get comfy.” And she reports the incident to the police station on her cell.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Seven More Days Left by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Seven More Days Left~**

Howie laughs, leaning further back in the recliner as his date Angela smiles gently at him. Her golden tresses lie gently caressing her bare shoulders as she adjusts her blue tube top. “Now I know why, man I never knew that was the secret behind Victoria but don’t remind me, that’s a bit a scary.” He smirks, leaning close to Angela who looked lovely in a simple pair of white capri pants and navy blue top.

Angela laughs heartily, her light eyes glimmer in delight, “Well men are always curious whenever I tell them I used to work there.”

“And I can see why.” Howie smirks, noticing that Brian and Kevin were eying them with a huge smirk on their faces. “Haha, guys you can come out. I know you’re looking at us.”

“Hey I had to make sure nothing wild was happening here, this furniture is still on rental at the moment.” Kevin teases, his emerald eyes glittering with joy as he and Brian step out and greet Angela.

Angela laughs and stands up from the sofa, grabbing her small navy jean tote bag, “Well guys, it was nice being here. But I have to head back to my place, my mother is visiting and I have to make sure the house is spotless.”

Howie smirks, his eyes explaining her slim figure as she opens the front door. “Oh , well how about I drop you off?”

Angela giggles softly as she opens the front door, “I’m not sure we might not make it back if you come with me.” She teases, pouting her lips, blowing a kiss at Howie’s direction using her hand.

Howie grins and waves bye, watching her slowly ease her way out of the threshold. Once the door closes, he could hear A.J.’s comments.

“Damn, you ain’t hit that yet?” A.J. grins widely.

The other guys groan as A.J. looks up innocently, “Oh what? Come on, like it wasn’t running through your minds either.”

“Shut up Alex.” Kevin chuckles, pushing the smaller man on the shoulder.

“Hey it’s quiet in this house, where’s blondie?” A.J. asks, stretching his arms over head.

Kevin shrugs, “Weren’t you the last hanging with him?”

Brian smirks, “Na, that was me and D. Nicky went out to practice some moves. Guess he didn’t come back yet.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, a smile appearing on his face, “That’s right, didn’t he go to this chick’s place?”

“What girl?” Kevin asks curiously.

“Genesis, that’s who.” A.J. smiles, making his way out of the den and into the back porch.

Kevin glances at Brian and Howie who simply shrug their shoulders. “Oh ok. Well he better come back, it’s already late.”

“The girls probably are entertaining him.” Howie said innocently, hearing Brian take a sharp intake of air. “But not in that way, cause you know Nick wouldn’t do them like that…Oh no that’s not what I meant, I mean you Nick is a good guy and…”

Kevin smiles, “It’s alright. Don’t worry about it. Nick is a grown man and he’s not alone, he’s with Nadia and Genesis and he’ll be alright.” And with that, he escapes to the back porch to join A.J.

“Man, Kevin is twisted over that girl.” Brian whispers, shaking his head.

Howie smirks, “Twisted?”

“Oh yeah, hanging out with Nick is starting to show huh?” Brian smirks.

“Big time.”

“Oh, wonder what Nick is doing now with Genesis though?”

Howie’s grin spreads on his tan cheeks, “Maybe you don’t want the answer to that.”

Brian crinkles his nose and chuckles, “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t. But how is miss Angela?”

Howie raises his eyebrows and smirks, “Well gee, you can answer that, you were watching us with Kevin.”

“Hey that was Kevin’s idea, he wanted to see if you got any nookie so he could take a picture and blackmail ya.” Brian grins, wiggling his eyebrows.

Howie burst out in laughter, his eyes twinkling in laughter, “You guys are too much.”
~*~

Nick winces as Genesis dabs his wound on his temple with an alcohol dipped cotton ball.

“Sorry.” Genesis whispers, gently running her fingertips on the small cut. “You lucky it isn’t a serious thing. The temple is a dangerous place to get hit at.”

Nick smiles, “Lucky for me, I moved away enough from muscle man’s hit.”

“See, you are a lucky charm. I knew that name Luckie would come in handy.” Genesis whispers softly, her light eyes trailing over Nick’s face. He gazes back at her, smiling as she suddenly feels a flush on her face. Clearing her throat, she backs away and tosses the dirty cotton ball in a small trash can. “So, ummm… what’s with the visit? Did you miss me that much that it couldn’t wait till tomorrow?”

Nick smirks as Genesis places a cotton gauze over the wound, placing a small stick of tape to hold it in place.

“Actually, I didn’t think you’d be here since you said you might be doing stuff.” Nick’s eyes rolls to the bathroom threshold as he continues, “Or doing people the way I saw outside.”

Genesis sighs heavily, “You don’t know the story, it’s not even like that.”

“Really? Cause from what it looked like outside, the dude seems to have the impression you guys are dating.”

Genesis closes the medical kit, placing it back in the bathroom medical cabinet. “That’s what he thinks. It’s a longer story though.”

“Well by the looks of it, I have all night.” Nick smirks, standing up: leaning over Genesis, his arm brushes pass her neck as he closes the cabinet close for her.

“All night?” Genesis whispers as her cheeks blushing a terrible red. She was caught off guard.

“Well yeah, you don’t expect me to go back to my cabin with no lights on the road now do ya? You still need a living dance partner right, cause if not then my body will be lying on the road near IS23.” Nick jokes, seeing a smile from Genesis.

Sighing, Genesis shakes her head, “I wasn’t expecting company over, but I guess I’ll have to find a bed for ya.”

“That’s alright, I can take the sofa. I don’t mind.” Nick states, heading out of the bathroom. Once he exits the room, Genesis smirks and waves.

“I’ll be right with ya, I gotta use the bathroom now.” She smiles, closing the door. She goes over to the porcelain sink, taking a deep breath. She looks at her reflection and laughs softly. “What the hell is happening to me? I don’t even know the guy, how could I feel anything for him? Damn, if he wasn’t so good looking, this would be easier.” She whispers, splashing cold water on her face. Once she was done, she exits the bathroom and joins Nick and Nadia who just came in.

“Hey guys.”

Nadia looks up from the sofa and grins brightly, a sparkle in her eyes, “Well hiya Gen. Oh don’t worry about Aries, the police just got here and are arresting our macho man as we speak.”

“Good. We can get rid of that trouble already.”

“Yup, so…” Nadia trails off, shutting her lips before any of her thoughts about Genesis and Nick slides out.

“Uhhhh, is it alright if I can get something to drink?” Nick softly asks, his ocean eyes trailing over Genesis.

Genesis clears her throat and smiles, “Sure, I’ll go get it…”

“Na, that’s alright, I’ll do it. Gen you should stay with company, I’ll be right back with something for our guest.” Nadia races off without hearing Genesis’s response.

Nick smiles, shaking his head, “Is she aight?”

“Not really, but that isn’t anything new.” Genesis grins, flopping into a sofa across from him.

“Ohh ok. Aries is the guy’s name huh?” Nick asks, gazing around the small beach house.

“Yeah.” She whispers, adjusting in the couch uncomfortably.

“Well, I guess I can’t wear this shirt to sleep, it has some blood on it.” Nick tugs on the collar of his green t-shirt.

Genesis smiles, “I think I have an extra large tank top you can wear if you want.”

“It has flowers on it doesn’t it?” Nick smirks, his eyes glittering playfully.

Genesis laughs, “Actually you’re quite the lucky one indeed, it’s a plain tank top. It’s a big size cause I was suppose to get it for Nadia’s homeboy, but the size was wrong. But for you, I’m sure it fits.”

Nick nods, “Aight cool. I’m curious. Were you blushing back in the bathroom?”

Genesis burst out in a nervous laughter, “What?! Oh no, please don’t flatter yourself. I was just warm in there, that’s all. My skin is sensitive so it can be flushed every one in while.”

Nick nods, hiding a huge smile that was apparent on his face. “Oh ok.”

Suddenly Nadia enters the den with a small tray, placing a cup of glass water in front of Nick on the coffee table and a small pack of crackers. “Want a cracker?”

Nick glances up at her and smirks, “You funny right?”

Nadia laughs and places a small tube of jelly. “Oh what? I need to have my fun too.” Waving a salty cracker in front of him.

Genesis ignores the racial joke and sighs, lost in thought. She feels a poke in her ribs as Nadia’s dark eyes gaze at her. “Well you left us for moment there. Welcome back.”

“Glad to be back.” Genesis smiles, taking a sip from her cup. “Well maybe I should find some blankets and stuff so you don’t have to sleep like that on the sofa.”

“Say huh?” Nadia speaks up, curiosity swelling in her eyes.

“Oh I’m staying over. Its ok with Gen, I hope you don’t mind.” Nick gently states, munching on a jelly covered cracker.

Nadia giggles, “You staying over? Not a prob at all. You know what, I don’t think its right that you should sleep on the couch, after all you took a beating for us, I say you deserve the bed, riiiiiight Gen?” She smirks, staring at Genesis who gazes at back at her annoyed.

“The bed? Na, it’s your place. I’ll take the sofa.” Nick states, wiping off the crumbs from his lips. “Besides it would feel too weird sleeping in one of your beds.”

Nadia chuckles, “Well you can take my bed, I don’t mind. That way you won’t feel so weird sleeping in Gen’s bed.” She giggles hearing Genesis growl nearby her.

Nick laughs, “The sofa’s fine. Thanks.”

Genesis lets out a deep breath in relief, silently thanking Nick for not accepting Nadia’s ploys. She heads to the closet and pulls out a pillow and blanket, watching Nick stand up.

“If you girls excuse me, I’m going to the bathroom.” Nick quickly heads to the bathroom. Once the door closes, Genesis growls loudly, slowing heading towards Nadia. “I’m going to kill you now.”

Nadia laughs, her raven curls toppling over her shoulders, “Oh come on! You know you want him in bed and you’re moving too slow. I figured I help ya out. Man you so ungrateful.” She smirks, placing her hands on her hips.

Genesis narrows her light eyes, shaking her head, “Are you crazy? The only reason why I let him stay cause he claim he couldn’t head back since the roads are too dark to travel on. So I let him stay.”

“HA! Girl, he was testing you! Don’t you know the game? The boy was trained, he knows his game, now he’s waiting to see if you take the bait!”

“Oh shut it. You don’t know what happened. It was all innocent. It meant nothing.”

“Yeah, sure. What exactly did he say?” Nadia prods, taking a pillow and setting it up on the sofa.

“I just told ya, he said he has all night and…”

Nadia breaks into a laugh, “Oh God, all night indeed! You go girl!”

Genesis growls and hits Nadia over the head with the pillow on the sofa. Nadia gasps and runs to grab another pillow that toppled on the floor from the closet. “Punk!” She laughs and swings her pillow around, aiming for Genesis but as she lifts the pillow up, she smacks Nick in the face with it.

“Ahh!” Nick muffles out, backing away as both women blush a warm deep red.

“Sorry!” Both women respond in unison, giggling.

Nick smirks, shaking his head. “I’m afraid to ask what was happening here.” And he leans down to pick up a red pillow, tossing it from one hand to another.

“Oh just the ritual pillow fight. Would you like to join us?” Nadia smirks.

Nick grins, “Uh ok, sounds like fun.”

“Great!” Genesis giggles, slamming her pillow on Nick’s arm.

“Hey!” Nick laughs as he chases after her, hitting Nadia along the way. Nadia grins and slowly slips out of the room, heading into her bedroom and locking it.

“Oh when I’m bad, I’m so bad.” Nadia smirks, tossing her raven locks behind her as she dust her hands off, “Mission done. Now for the magic to set in.” She giggles and settles in her bed, hearing the other two in the den race around in laughter.
~*~

He calls again and no answer, “Pick up Nick.” Kevin grumbles, drumming his fingers on the desktop.

Howie grins, shaking his finger at him.

“What does that mean?” Kevin grumbles.

“That don’t bother. He’s not gonna pick up Kev.” Howie states, sipping on a cold beverage in his hands.

Kevin sighs, “And you say this because?”

“Dude, he’s with two hot women, do you really think he’s gonna answer the phone. Dammit, I knew I should have went with him.” A.J. murmurs from the sofa, stretched out with an arm thrown over his eyes.

Brian chuckles, shifting in his seat from the sofa across from where A.J. is resting.

“So, he can answer the phone. Its not like things are happening. Nadia is a respectful woman.” Kevin stops, gazing at the black mobile phone in his hand.

“And Genesis isn’t?” A.J. sits up, knowing he was digging in deep to Kevin’s emotions.

Kevin remains silent and glances at the wall clock. “Look if any of you guys hear from Nick, let me know. And if he isn’t back by the morning, I’m gonna send A.J. to find him.” He indicts, pointing at the tattooed man.

A.J. fakes a smiles, “Ahh, gee thanks buddy.”

“Night.” Kevin waves to the others, entering his bedroom as he locks the door behind him.

“Ohhhhh, Nick is getting some, I just know it.” A.J. teases, as the other two men laugh.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Falling Out of Step by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Falling Out of Step~**

She laughs and places the pillow back on the sofa, making her way back to her bedroom. Her eyes stop on Nick who was pulling out a white feather from his raven spikes. “I’m sorry about busting your pillow like that. I’ll promise to get ya a new one later on.”

Genesis smirks, clutching the door knob in her hand, jiggling and turning it with no luck. “That’s alright. You gotta admit it was funny.”

“Yeah, it sure was.” Nick chuckles, plopping on the sofa and leaning back with a gentle sigh.

“Ok, well I guess I’ll head to sleep. We have to rehearse tomorrow. Listen if you get hungry or anything in the night, you’re welcome to the fridge but please don’t eat the labeled dish with Nadia’s name on it. She’ll throw a fit if her stuff is gone.” Genesis smirks, twisting the knob roughly, surprised to see that it was locked.

Nick smiles, “Don’t worry about that. But thanks anyways. I don’t really get hungry in the night, I like my sleep and don’t plan on interrupting it.”

Genesis feels a grin growing on her lips, “Alright.” And she faces the door, pounding her fist on it, hoping that Nadia would answer. “Open up you little punk! I know you locked me out on purpose.”

Nick raises his head from the pillow, a grin remaining plastered on his face as he watches the woman pounding furiously on the locked bedroom door.

“Uuhhh, Gen. Listen, I don’t think she plans on opening the door tonight.”

Genesis growls and faces him, “Huh? What? Oh no, she’ll open it, trust me. I mean where am I gonna sleep?”

Nick licks his lips, shrugging his shoulders, “Well there’s room for one more on the sofa.”

Genesis sighs, “Get up. We have a sofa bed.” She states, heading over to her beige leather sofa where Nick was sitting at.

Nick obeys and helps her out in unfolding the mattress and spreading it out before them.

“There.” Genesis sighs annoyed. “You have a bed to sleep on. I on the other hand have a bed that is BEING KEPT AWAY FROM ME!!” She yells out the last words, hoping Nadia had heard.

Nick laughs, “Hey chill. Look, we’re both adults, we can share the mattress. I can take one side, you the other and we both won’t have to meet ‘til the morning.”

“Do you find this amusing? Cause not for nothing, you’re a nice guy and all. But I don’t share a bed with a guy I don’t know.” Genesis quietly states, moving away from the sofa bed and throwing a blanket on it, turning off the lights in the den.

Nick nods, “I understand. What are you afraid of? It’s just a bed, we’re both tired and the way I see it, your friend probably did this on purpose.”

Genesis grumbles and sits on the edge of the sofa bed, tugging on a baby blue cover. “I, I guess you’re right. I’m sorry, I’m overreacting. And we are both grown and sharing a bed won’t kill me.”

Nick smiles, “See, nothing to it.” He plops on the bed, taking off his sneakers and lying back in his jean shorts and t-shirt.

Genesis smirks, “Alright, fine.” She tosses a spare blanket and spare pillow on the sofa bed besides where Nick is lying at. She sits on the edge and lies on her back, feeling extremely uncomfortable with the situation.

Nick sighs deeply and rolls on his side, staring at Genesis, “Look if it’s a big deal, I can take the floor.”

“No, no don’t do that.” Genesis quickly responds, sitting up. “Don’t worry about it. Get some sleep. Don’t mind me.” She struggles with her bed cover, yanking it over her head, covering her entire body under it.

Nick smirks, shaking his head as he eyes her. “Alright then. Night.”

“Night.” She whispers under the covers, trying to control her racing heart as her cheeks blush a deep red. ‘It’s just a bed. Nothing more. Though it’d be easier if he wasn’t so damn fine.’ She thinks to her self, closing her eyes, gulping as she feels movement on the other side of the bed, probably Nick adjusting to more a better position for sleep. ‘Just go to sleep. Nothing big, it’s not a big deal.’ She whispers to herself as she allows sleep to take over.

Nick lies on his back, staring at the shiny wooden plank ceiling above him. He smiles softly and gazes over at the wrapped small figure curled besides him. He had to admit, he was a bit uncomfortable sharing a bed with a beautiful woman but he liked the idea of having her so close to him. He chuckles gently to himself remembering the shock look that had crossed Genesis’s face when he said he was planning on staying over. To him it was a Kodak moment and he enjoyed every moment of it. He closes eyes slowly as he relaxes and allows sleep to come.
~*~

He feels the warm sunlight blaze through the shades of his window as he opens his eyes slowly, looking around in his room. He could see A.J. sprawled out on his own bed: the cool starch blanket lied tangled around the man’s ankles as his bare chest rises slowly from the sleep. Howie glances at his watch and smirks, wondering if Nick made it home or if indeed the boy managed to stay over at the girls place.

“Baby, awww, come on. You like so…teeny weenie, itsy, bitsy, tiny, short, short, bikini. Swing it.” A.J. mumbles out in his sleep as Howie burst out in laughter, throwing a pillow at the man.

A.J. jumps and bolts upright from the bed, grumbling, swinging the pillow back at his friend.

“Awww, what happened? Miss bikini isn’t really here with ya?” Howie smirks, grabbing the pillow and placing it behind him.

“Man shut up! She was hott and you woke me up from it. Howie, the chick was banging in all the right places.” A.J. grins, getting off the bed, rubbing his eyes.

Howie laughs and gets up from the bed, yawning. “You know Kev is gonna send ya to get Nick right?”

“Bite me. I ain’t going. Nick’s a grown man, I ain’t picking him up. Besides if I go get him, what if he’s busy…” A.J. stops, a wide grin appearing on his lips.

Howie laughs, shaking his head, “Aww, come on. Nick I’m sure behaved. Besides the girls don’t seem like the freaking types.”

“Aww, but see you don’t know that.” A.J. chuckles: getting off his bed, flinging a t-shirt off the floor.

“You bad. Kevin hears that, he might get a heart attack.” Howie smiles, fixing his bed as he makes his way out of the room.

“Well Kevin needs to face reality, Nick is a grown man I’m sure with needs that well a girl can only fulfill.” A.J. chuckles, throwing on a blue muscle shirt over his toned body.

Howie shakes his head, “Dude, is it always with sex with ya?”

A.J. playfully gasps, “What? How can you say that? It’s not always about sex, it’s about the booty, the face, the…”

Howie exits the room, laughing, “I get the drift man.”

A.J. smirks, “Aight. Just checking.” He throws the bed covers over the bed and heads to the bathroom to clean himself up.
~*~

He rolls on his side, taking a deep breath, a grin appearing on his face. Raising his head, he inhales the sweet smell of strawberries and food, his stomach growling at the odor. He flings off his covers and glances back on the bed to see an empty spot besides him on the bed. He was surprised to see Genesis had already awoken. Shrugging his shoulders, he heads to the bathroom to clean himself up, closing the door behind him.

Cranky and bothered, Genesis enters her bedroom, her fist clutched to her sides tightly.

“Oh lighten up. I’d think after sleeping with prince charming you’d be happy. Why the face?” Nadia asks innocently, batting her eyes as she stands in the threshold of their shared bedroom.

“Ohhh, you showed up? I can’t believe you! What were you thinking doing that to me?!” Genesis growls out, narrowing her eyes.

“What was I doing? You mean what were you doing. I thought you would have had the time of your life with him last night.” Nadia grins mischievously, her hands on her hip.

“What? I can’t believe I’m having this conversation with you?!” Genesis hisses out.

“Hush now. You know you liked it, so stop playing around.”

“Like what? Sharing a bed with a stranger? Yeah of course I like it, I prefer doing that all the time, sleeping with a stranger is always fascinating.” Genesis growls out sarcastically.

Nadia breaks into a laugh, “You almost sounded believable there for a moment.”

Genesis sighs, rolling her eyes as she relaxes. “See this is why I hate you so much.”

“Awww, is that love I hear coming from your voice.”

Genesis grins, nodding her head, “Sadly yes.”

“Sweet! Let’s eat, the pancakes are done and oh by the way, I think I might just win the bet.” Nadia smirks, exiting the bedroom.

“I’d doubt that.” Genesis mumbles, following behind her friend.
~*~

“Just drive by there and see if you see the car, that’s all I’m asking you. I just want to know if Nicky is there.” Kevin states, tapping his fingers on the kitchen table.

A.J. rolls his eyes and groans, “Dude, no man! Why can’t you do it?”

“I would, but I don’t want Nick to think I was trying to spy on him or something. Besides I have plans today.”

“And you don’t think I have my own plans today?”

“Nope.” Kevin responds, sipping on coffee mug.

“Oh right, just let him think about me. Real nice Kev. Thanks a bunch.” A.J. mumbles out.

Brian sits up in the kitchen seat, wiping his hands on a napkin. “Look, I’ll go with ya if ya want.”

A.J. nods his head, “Aight, that could work, in case Nick sees me, you’ll be there and I can have some excuse to cover it up. He won’t think I’m spying on him or something if you there with me.”

“Whatever man.” Brian shrugs his shoulders, leaning back in the seat.

“Try the phone now, see if Nick answers.” Howie states, placing the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

“I just did a few minutes ago and I got no answer.” Kevin yawns out, placing an empty cup on the kitchen counter.

“Yeah, well. Woohoo!” A.J. growls out sarcastically, standing up from the chair he was resting on.

Kevin hands A.J. the SUV keys, “Here, I’m trusting you can drive and not bring back my vehicle with dents in it.”

“The SUV already has dents in it, don’t go blaming that on me.” A.J. grins, exiting the kitchen and heading out to the front to board the green SUV.

“Just call me when you guys reach there aight?” Kevin states: leaning on the front door threshold.

Brian gives his cousin a thumbs up sign and board the passenger seat, “No prob. Though I still think this is ridiculous idea. The kid is already grown, what he chooses to do is up to him.”

Kevin rolls his eyes, “Right, like you trust Nick with girls.”

“Kev’s got a point. I mean you saw happened with the bet, now blondie is all dark haired on us cause he would do whatever to get with a girl.” A.J. states: sliding into the driver’s seat.

Brian smirks, “I thought you said Nick dyed his hair ‘cause he lost the bet, not to impress a girl.”

“Right, that’s what I meant.” A.J. yawns, inserting the key into the ignition, starting up the vehicle. “It’s too early, I don’t need this hassle. I really don’t. I should be asleep still caught in the sex fest with Suzy and her girlfriends.”

Brian laughs, “I think its time for me to drive.”

“Na man. I got it.” A.J. grins, pulling away from the gravel driveway, honking the horn. “Kev, I swear if I see something that traumatizes me when I come back, you’re paying for my therapist.”

Kevin laughs and waves them off as the SUV speeds down the road, disappearing from their view.

“Are you really that worried about Nick? Or is that just an excuse?” Howie asks curiously.

“An excuse for what?” Kevin smirks, heading inside the cabin.

“Don’ know. An excuse for you to get with that lady I saw you talking with back at the BBQ.”

Kevin smiles, staring at his friend, “Dammit, since when can you tell what the deal is with people? You’re getting too good at that now.”

Howie laughs, “So I’m right?”

Kevin nods his head and smiles, “Maybe.”

“So does she have a name?”

“Kristin.”

“Aww, that’s so nice. Kevin and Kristin, two k’s. Maybe it’s a sign.” Howie teases, poking his friend in the ribs.

“We’re just talking. It’s nothing serious.” Kevin shrugs his shoulders.

“Yeah that’s what happens before stuff goes down.”

“I’m never letting you share a same room with A.J. again. He’s corrupting your mind.” Kevin chuckles, running a hand down his raven spikes.

Howie smirks, “I’m not that bad now. And anyways, you’re lucky I have to meet with Angela shortly at the café. I’m sure you had it all planned out, cause you know we’d all be out today.”

“Sure did.”

“So, the thing with Nick and Genesis, is that alright?” Howie asks quietly, gathering his wallet and keys.

“Yeah, me and Nick talked. It’s ok. I just want him to careful that’s all.”

“Nick will be. He’s not that quick in falling for a girl that fast.”

Kevin eyes him.

Howie sighs, “Ok, ok. Maybe Nick might not fall for a girl that fast.”

“Howard, if it was two legs, boobs and a skirt, he’ll be attracted to it.” Kevin raises his eyes at his friend.

Howie laughs, “Give the boy some credit, he’s not a Neanderthal.”

“Nick is an excuse and you know it.” Kevin chuckles: placing some magazines neatly on the coffee table.

“Maybe, but you love the kid.” Howie smirks, flicking Kevin in the head as he heads back to his room to get ready to head out.

Kevin exhales and smiles, whispering to himself, “Yeah well, he’s like the little brother I never had.” And he cleans off the coffee table.
~*~

“Dude, this is a bad idea.” A.J. mumbles, parking the car on the roadside across the beach house.

“Well as long as no one is naked in the house when we knock, then things should be fine.” Brian grins, opening the side car and checking the house’s driveway.

“I think that’s Nick’s rented car. Let me see.” Brian inches over to the parking lot slowly like a detective, trying to remain hidden from the house window’s view.

“Unbelievable. God, are you punishing me by sending me crazy friends. Yes, you must have a grand sense of humor. I’m still laughing, trust me.” A.J. whispers out, staring out in the early dawn skies.

Brian reaches the car and nods back, yelling out, “Yeah, it’s his.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Oh ok. Good. Now knock on the door and find out where the boy is at and if he got lucky.”

Brian chuckles and scrambles up the front porch steps, knocking on the door. After waiting for a few minutes, the door is opened by a dark haired woman, her dark eyes scanning over Brian.

“Oh hey. I’m Brian, one of Nick’s friend’s. I’m just curious, since I see his car here and stuff, is he around?”

Nadia smiles, “You just missed him. He went out with Genesis to a dance studio. They took her car. If you want to see them rehearsing, I can give you the directions.”

“Oh ok. That would be nice. Thanks.”

“No prob.” Nadia smiles, holding the door open as she grabs a piece of paper and scrawls down the directions. “Here ya go.” She hands the paper to him.

“Thanks.” Brian grins.

Nadia smirks, “You’re not from around here right?”

Brian looks up and smirks. “Na, is it that obvious?”

“Yeah, the accent gives it away.”

Brian laughs, “Ah, yeah that tends to be the problem. Well let me go before my friend leaves me.”

Nadia smirks and waves bye to him as she closes the door. Brian races over to A.J., leaping into his seat, closing the vehicle door behind him.

“Aight, what’s the low down?” A.J. asks, starting up the car and pulling away.

“Nick ain’t there, room mate mentioned something about him and Genesis at a dance studio. I got the directions, care to make a visit or screw this and go back home?”

A.J. smiles: pushing the pedal, taking them down a road. “So Carter chilling with the lady at the studio, hehe. Man this has got to be good.”

Brian laughs, “Maybe we should just head back, we might embarrass the boy.”

“What and pass up the opportunity of making the man blush? Hell no! We gonna see what he’s up too.” A.J. chuckles: slamming on the pedals, taking them down the road to where the dance studio will be.
~*~

The music blasts from the speakers as Nick turns and dips Genesis on count.

“Perfect! You almost got it!” Genesis smirks as she pulls away from Nick. She laughs and heads over to the stereo which changed to another track:

“Oh! I wanna dance with somebody.
I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
Yeah! I wanna dance with somebody,
With somebody who loves me.”

Genesis tosses her head and smiles, calling Nick over. “I wanna dance somebody!” She giggles out as Nick grabs her hands, twirling her around playfully.

She crosses back over to the stereo as Nick heads across the dance studio, the wide mirrors aligning the entire room. He leans on one of the wooden thick bars used for dancing in ballet and watches Genesis twirl around from the other side of the room and kneel down. Curious, Nick keeps his eyes on her, pulling on his black tank top nervously. She crawls over to him and advises him to do the same. So Nick kneels and crawls over to her slowly on hands and knees until they both reach the center of the dance room. The lyrics were blasting loudly so they didn’t hear the door open nor noticed the small audience that was watching them.

Nick and Genesis met in the middle and both raise their hands together, intertwining and clasping it in one another’s hand. “Maybe it’s just me, but is it getting hot in this room?” He whispers to her as the music dies down. He didn’t know what he was doing, but he allowed his heart for one moment to do all the talking.

Genesis smiles softly, “Maybe or the music got you in the mood.”

Nick smiles and leans over to her, placing his lips on her soft lips, a gentle kiss that ended quickly with a noise coming from the door.

Both raise their heads to see Brian and A.J. grinning, leaning on the threshold, clapping loudly at the events that had unfolded.

Nick and Genesis quickly pull away from each other, both in deep embarrassment as they gather their belongings and bags.

Brian and A.J. watch Nick brush pass them saying a quick hi as he hurries out the dance studio.

A.J. elbows Brian and smirks, “And you wanted to back down on seeing this. I knew we would catch something good.”

Brian smirks, “Poor Nick, think he’ll talk about?”

“Oh he better. Cause I won’t leave him alone ‘til he does.” A.J. snickers, racing to catch up to the Nick.

Brian smirks and follows him as Genesis closes and locks the dance studio behind her. Smiling and still blushing, Genesis touches her lips gently and leans her back on the door. She was swooned alright, now she was afraid she might lose the bet after all. But a simple kiss wouldn’t make her fall in love right? After all, she had to maintain the business relationship with Nick. But could she mix business with pleasure? She giggles and exits the building, knowing Nick’s friends were probably harassing their friend for any new info on the events of the kissing.
~*~

She laughs and shakes her head, “Tell me! Come on!” Nadia crawls on Genesis’s bed. Her eyes glowing in excitement.

Genesis sighs, placing her book down to gaze at her curious friend, “What? What do you want?”

“So did you kiss him Angel? Come one! I won’t say anything!” Nadia grins.

Genesis tried not to grin but fail as a smile crawled on her lips, “What do you want to know?”

“Oh God!! You did kiss him didn’t you!?” Nadia giggles out, her raven locks tied in a messy bun.

Genesis laughs and shakes her head, “I’ll leave it at this. I never kiss and tell.”

Nadia’s jaw drops open as a laugh erupts, “Oh my girl kissed the cutie! That’s a huge announcement! We’re throwing a celebration for that! Now I can’t wait to see when you do the deed with him.”

Genesis closes her book, flinging it on the desktop besides her. “You’re horrible, you know that. You’re worse than a guy about this. It was just a simple kiss. You act like we’re getting engaged and I’m about to bear his child. Just a kiss Dee, you tend to blow things out of proportion.”

“Yeah huh, that’s how it starts girl. Mister smooth is gonna get ya laid and have you spinning in circles before the end of next week. Keep trying to deny yourself, see what happens.” Nadia grins, leaping off the bed and heading to the bathroom, “You lucky the guys caught ya when they did. A little more, I might have gone to pick your naked self off the dance floor.”

Genesis laughs, “You’re retarded and I’m gonna win that bet! You’ll see.”

“Yeah sure. Keep saying that. I suggest you get the cook book and start planning on different dishes for me next month cause I’m gonna win this for sure.” Nadia smirks, entering the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

“Whatever.” Genesis murmurs as a smile remained scrolled on her face.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Dancing Around the Topic by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Dancing Around the Topic~**

He sits slump back in the sofa, feeling the boring of four pairs of eyes on him. Sighing, he looks up to see Brian and A.J. each holding a goofy grin. “Look, if you guys are gonna pester me about what happened, go ahead. I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Brian burst out in laughter as A.J. smirks, folding his hands on his knees, sitting across from Nick.

“Of course not Nicky. I tongue down all my co-workers like that. I mean you even said it was just a simple business task to help out the young lady right? So why should we assume that you’re hitting on her especially when we walked in on you two making out. It means nothing…” A.J. stops as he was greeted with laughter from the others all except Nick who sat across glaring at him.

“I don’t get what you find so funny about all this. I’ve walked in on you doing more than a kiss and you don’t hear me blowing it up.” Nick smirks, crossing his arms before him on his chest.

Brian chokes back a laugh as he calms down to concentrate on Nick, “You know Alex is just teasing ya. He’s all jealous of you that’s all.”

“Ha, me jealous, not thanks buddy. I just find it interesting that Nicky boy here is denying to us and that Leviticus or whatever her name is lady, that he’s digging her.”

Kevin smiles: sitting on the arm of one of the sofas where A.J. is sitting at. “I think what Alex meant is that if you’re interested in her that it’s ok. Or in A.J.’s terminology ‘It’s about time.’ And you’re right, you don’t have to explain anything to any of us. We’re not your parents plus you’re of age.”

“Thank you. At least someone here understands that.” Nick states confidently, strolling to his shared bedroom to rest.

Once the bedroom closes, all eyes land on Kevin who beheld a huge smirk.

“Dude, please, all that talk and you yourself don’t believe a word of it.” A.J. chuckles, sliding over on the sofa for Howie to sit down.

“So they’re dating then right?” Howie asks curiously.

“Shhh…dude no. That’s not how Nick plays his game. He’s leading her on. He wants to see how far he can go with her before making it official.” A.J. teases, running a hand through his growing black and red tinted locks.

“And you know this because?” Howie asks curiously, pulling a couch pillow from behind onto his lap.

“Cause dammit D, I’m training the boy myself.” He grins, leaping onto his feet as he eases his way to the back porch. “Well, I’ll be in the pool if you need me.” And he shuffles down the wooden steps, ripping off his t-shirt, running in his black swim trucks.

Howie snorts, shaking his head, “Kev’s right B. We’re acting like little girls over this whole kissing and dating issue with Nick. Why can’t we find something better to do with our time?”

“Cause this is the only thing that is happening and we have nothing else to do.” Brian chuckles, heading to the back porch to watch A.J. jump into the in ground pool that Kevin had in since the past month.

Howie glances at Kevin who seemed deep in thought about something. “Hey Kev. What’s on your mind?”

Kevin nibbles on his lower lip, standing up from the arm of the sofa. “Nothing.” He whispers, walking away to the back porch to join Brian. Howie narrows his eyes at his friend and shakes his head.

“I hate when he gets all quiet on me.” Howie grumbles to himself, making his way to his shared bedroom next to Nick’s.
~*~

She stretches out slowly, spreading her legs out on the floor before her. Her hands extend to touch the tip of her feet as she takes a deep breath. She can hear a soft giggle from her room mate as she raises her head to see Nadia sprawled out on her own bed.

“What’s so funny?” Genesis sits up, spreading her butter pecan arms over her head.

Nadia turns slowly to her friend and smirks, “You.”

“Me?”

“Yup.” Nadia giggles, twirling a strand of her black tendrils.

“And I know I’m gonna regret asking this but why?” Genesis closes her legs in front of her, stretching it out as she flexes her ankles as a warm up.

Nadia sits up from the bed, her dark eyes held an amusing glitter in it. “Dear, I know we already discussed this, but when you go to rehearse today, can I go with?”

“No.” Genesis promptly answers, standing up and leaning down on her left side to stretch out her abdomen.

“Well that was a fast respond. I’m going now!” She giggles out, jumping off her bed and stands before her friend.

“No. Dee no. Why?” Genesis mumbles out annoyed.

“Look if a kiss happened that time: imagine the possibilities this time around.” Nadia clasps her hands excitingly.

Genesis breaks into a laugh. “When will you drop that already? We already talked about it.” She tugs on her green halter top and adjusting her jean skirt.

“So hello! We’re done this job of training and showing people to dance but never did we at all ever kiss our clients.” Nadia grins, tapping her foot on the floor.

Genesis rolls her eyes, placing her hands on her hips. “It was out of curiosity. It was wrong of me to do that. I didn’t want Nick to think something more would happen.”

“Well it’s too late for that!” Nadia teases, pulling on her friend’s arm. “You already gave him a piece of you. I wouldn’t be surprised to see if you just take the boy down and tell him, ‘Give it to me baby!’ Then you’ll really now what you’re dealing with.”

Genesis shakes her head as she laughs, “Must you always change this into sex?”

“Duh!? That’s what this whole thing is about girl! You’re gonna laid and I’m gonna be eating your food for the next month. It’s just that simple.”

“There isn’t any sexual tension between the two of us. So don’t even go there.”

“Oooh but I just did and trust me the look on your face when you kissed him was like ecstasy.” Nadia bubbles out, seeing the glare on her friend’s face.

“Ok, see now we’re just gonna end this conversation. This is silly.”

“Silly ha! Girl, I haven’t had this much excitement since I got mine’s from Joey the other day.”

“Egh: info that don’t need to be shared girl.” Genesis smirks, covering her ears with her palms.

Nadia grins, fixing her own bed, throwing on a bed cover. “So you’re heading now?”

“Just about, why?”

“Ohhh ‘cause I was gonna use the car. But that’s aight. I’ll have Joey come pick me up.” Nadia states, taking out the creases on the bed cover.

“Oh aight.”

“Ohhhhhhh, girl. You know what I just heard!” Nadia states: suddenly remembering why she got up early this morning.

“What?” Genesis asks, packing up an iced bottle of water into her gym bag.

“Egh, you remember that wench Desiree?”

Genesis frowns, recalling the woman that had stood in the way of her reaching her goals before hand. “Oh God, how can I forget.”

“I heard…” Nadia pauses, licking her upper lip slowly before continuing to finish. “She signed up for the same performance you’ll be doing. Seems like you’ll have her as one of the competitors.”

“WHAT! NOO!!! Damn! Please tell me this isn’t real?” Genesis growls out, flinging a clean rag onto the top of her gym bag.

“Sorry, I just figured you needed a heads up on that. I know we both can’t stand her but you’ll be seeing her with one of the top male dancers that she could muster up to afford from New York’s dancing academy.” Nadia sighs, seeing her friend becoming tense.

Genesis exhales deeply, blowing out some air before she straps on her gym bag. “That’s unfair. I’m working with a guy whose heart is in the right place but for him to master the more complicated steps in only a matter of days is too much pressure.”

“Look Gen, you even said so yourself that Nick could do it, don’t worry. I bet the judges can sniff out all that fake stuff she’s gonna bring in. They won’t judge on the complicated steps more but rather how well you guys click and trust me, the judges will see you guys are at ease with one another.”

“That’s not the problem Dee. He has never performed before in front of an audience.”

“Well then, that’s about to change. You go and get everything ready. I’ll make sure to stop by there with company. If Nick can perform confidently in front of a crowd then we should have nothing to worry about.” Nadia smiles, lifting her mobile phone up to her ear.

Genesis smiles, “I’m not sure what you’re doing, but I’ll trust you.” She glances at her watch and takes a deep breath. “I gotta get going now! I’m gonna be late at the dance studio. I’ll see ya there then.” And Genesis bolts out of the house, racing down the front steps, boarding their black Camry.
~*~

Nick paces nervously in front of the dance studio, every once in a while glancing down at his watch. Sighing, he leans on the closed door, waiting for Genesis to arrive. He taps his foot on the tiles, gazing around impatiently when he hears Genesis racing down the hallway, her sandals clomping along creating an echo.

“Oh God Nick! I’m so sorry! I hope you weren’t here long waiting for me. I was caught up in something.”

Nick shakes his head, “Na, its alright. I was just here for like ten minutes, it just seemed like forever for me that’s all.”

“I’m just so glad you’re here. I’m in a little dilemma that’s all.” Genesis rapidly whispers, unlocking the dance studio room, entering it as Nick follows behind.

“What kind of problem?” Nick asks, placing his black gym bag on a stool.

Genesis walks over to one of the ballet dark mahogany bars and leans her back on it, facing him. “It seems that our little competition has gotten real heavy. I heard from Nadia that this girl got a professional dancer as her partner.”

“And you don’t think I can cut it against him right?” Nick asks, easing his way to the stereo.

“No! No, it’s not that. Its just I don’t know what to do. I mean, I just know the girl is gonna do something so wonderful and blow the judges away…”

“And me being your partner with no dancing background or experience is making you wonder correct?” Nick raises his eyebrows, running his hands through his raven hair.

Genesis sighs, “I, I don’t know. Nick I have no idea. It’s just now it’s gonna get crazy and we have to work extra hard to do better than her.” She stares at him strangely, inching closer to him.

Nick eyes her and smirks, backing against a wall, his back hitting one of the wooden poles. “Uhhh ummm.. is there something wrong?

Genesis crinkles her nose as she lifts her hand to his hair, holding onto a strand. “Blonde hair?”

Nick’s eyes shot open, “Huh?!” He turns to gaze into the full length mirrors all aligning the room, staring at his hair. He can see the black dye slowly fading as his blonde roots were beginning to show. If A.J. saw this, he would have to start saving up to pay A.J. for losing the bet and he can’t let that happen. “Crap!”

“What?” Genesis eyes his confused.

“Uh, nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing serious. But yeah.” He turns to her and smiles, “You said we have some strong competition, so let’s try to catch up and not waste the little time we have left.”

Genesis smiles, nodding her head, “Alright.” She races to turn on the stereo as the music blasts out:

“Last dance
Last dance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
I need you by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad.”

Genesis calls Nick over to the center of the floor with her finger as he takes his position before her. “Alright. I decided if we’re to stand out from the rest of the other competition. We gotta add and mix different types of dancing styles.”

“Aight cool. Like what?”

“Well have you ever danced tropical music? And by that I don’t mean Latin.” Genesis speaks loudly over Donna Summer’s song.

Nick laughs, “What exactly do you mean?”

“Reggae. Nick you have heard of reggae right?”

Nick nibbles on his lips, nodding his head.

“Great, so you know how it is right?”

Nick shakes his head as a look of frustration grows on Genesis.

“Ok, wait you have a group of friends, haven’t you seen any of them dancing to it?”

“Nope. They’re too shy to do that.”

Genesis runs a hand down her face as she takes a deep breath. “It’s ok. I’ll show you some moves. It’s not hard. It’s all about moving your hips and I know you know how to do that well right?” She raises her dark eyebrows at him as he smirks.

“Depends on the occasion.” Nick whispers seductively, taking hold of Genesis’s awaiting hands.

She giggles and tells him to place his hands on her waist. And he does so quickly. “Now Nick you have to be serious about this whole thing. I can’t have you getting turned on by the moves I’m doing. It’s a serious competition.”

“Well I can’t control that, my body thinks on its own.” Nick smirks, pulling her close to him.

Genesis blows out a whiff of her strand out of her cheeks as she grabs his waist and tells him to move his hips side to side to the beat. Nick does as told, smirking at the cross look on Genesis’s face.

“You’re not putting any passion into learning this move. Please Nick, help me out here.”

Nick laughs and surprises Genesis, practically grinding on her as he does the move with ease, lifting one of her legs up to his waist in the process.

Genesis laughs, holding onto his shoulders as they perform some reggae step with ease, both falling into steps to the music.

Once the song was over, Genesis gazes at him in wonder. “I thought you said you didn’t know how to dance to that type of music.”

Nick flashes her a confident smile, “I lied. And I like to think I did a good job cause the look on your face was priceless.”

“Oh yeah. Yeah, you surprised me alright.” Genesis whispers faintly, her cheeks burning a bright solid red. She didn’t know what came over her at that moment. The fact that he had total control over the steps and held her so close to him threw her off for it was usually the other way around. But for today, today it was the opposite and she felt at a lost.

“Well good. That was my intention. And reggae has been a thing I grew up hearing around my neighborhood. Plus I have friends that dance like that at some parties we used to have back in the days.” Nick settles on the floor, sitting cross-legged, tugging on his black jean shorts and navy blue tank top. He takes a sip of his bottled water and gazes at Genesis who was looking through her gym bag for something. “So you have your doubts with me huh?”

Genesis looks over at him as she pulls out a bottle of water and a rag to clean off the faint sweat that rose while dancing. “It’s not that Nick. Its just I’m cautious about the whole dancing thing and…”

Nick cuts her off, raising his eyebrows at her, “I wasn’t talking about the dancing.”

Genesis looked confused and takes a seat besides Nick, sipping on her bottle, allowing the cold liquid to refresh her. “Then what are you talking about?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders and gets up from the floor, making his way out of the dance studio.

“Hey whoa, you’re not leaving already are you?” She calls out, seeing him stop at the threshold.

Nick shakes his head, “Nope, just going to the bathroom unless I need help in that too?” He smirks, exiting the room.

Genesis smirks, her eyes at the threshold as she drinks the cold water. “He’s a cocky son of a…”

She stops suddenly to see Nadia enter the dance studio with a grin on her face. “Hey girl.”

“Hey missy. He’s cocky now huh? How’s the dancing going?” Nadia strolls into the air conditioned dance studio. Gazing at her friend oddly, she flops on the floor besides her.

“Good. And yeah he is. Just curious, what does a guy mean when he’s saying if I’m having doubts about him.”

“What, did mister Nick told ya that?”

“Maybe.”

“Doubts on his dancing?” Nadia lied on her back, her long tan legs stretched out before her.

“That’s what I thought. But it was something else.”

Nadia sits up and grins widely, “Ohhhhhh, hehe. I think he was talking about something else indeed!”

“What? What could he mean by that?”

Nadia sucks her teeth, “You can not be this dense girl!” She waves an open hand before Genesis’s face.

“Am not. I’m just curious about what he could have meant.”

“Please like you can’t tell what he meant.”

“I’m thinking he could mean if there is something going on between me and him. But I don’t know.”

“Ting, ting, ting! You just answered your own question.” Nadia giggles, standing up as she exits the room. “Listen, I got us into a dance club for tonight. Bring Nick, that way you can get him use to having some audience. I’ll invite his friends he’s staying with.”

“Aight. Where’s the club at?”

“The ‘Hot & Heavy’ club about a few twenty miles down. They’re having a dance off and I thought why not you and Nick show off your stuff there.”

“Nice. I just hope he’s up to it.” Genesis states, pulling on a few loose strands of her hair back into a ponytail.

“Up to what?” Nick appears, entering the studio, greeting Nadia.

Nadia grins, “Hey you. I’ll let Gen tell ya. I’ll see ya later. I have things to do.”

“Ok, bye.” Nick waves at Nadia as she exits the studio. “So you’re gonna tell me what?”

“Oh that Nadia found this dance club a few miles from here called the ‘Hot and Heavy’ club. There’s gonna be a dance off just for fun and I think we should both go there tonight.”

“Why?”

“Cause I want you to dance in front of people. Do you know how many people will be at the competition next week? It’ll be tons and I need you to get used to the people and not go all stage fright on me.”

Nick nods, “Seems reasonable I guess.” He stretches, throwing his arms overhead.

“Well it is. And what exactly did you mean by that statement before you left to the bathroom about my having doubts of you.”

Nick smirks, “Exactly what I meant.” He says smoothly, distracting himself by looking for a rag in his gym bag.

“Be clear. What do you wanna say?” Genesis grunted, her hands ball into small fists on her side.

Nick raises his eyes to her and chuckles, whispering to himself, “And here I thought I was the blonde one.”

“Huh? What did you just say?” Genesis mumbles.

“Nothin’ So we gotta to practice and we just got started. So let’s dance.” Nick smiles.

Genesis stares at him, clearing her throat, “Right, well fine.” And she flips through the track numbers finding a song to rehearse to.

Nick watches her from a distance and smirks, curious to see her reaction on his past comment. Obviously what he had said was leaving her confused and bewildered and he loved it.

Genesis sighs and stands before him as they begin their dance moves from the beginning. They shuffle side to side and he twirls her, dipping her seductively as they had rehearsed before, her body slides down his leg as he pulls her on her feet steady and she wraps her leg around his waist as he pulls her down both going down to their knees. Again they were facing each other as Nick traces his fingers down her cheeks. Genesis quivers at his touch as he smiles and brushes back a strand of hair.

“What, what are we doing?” She stutters out nervously as Nick traces her full red lips with his finger.

“Whatever you wanna do.” He whispers over the music as he feels her breathing increase. Smiling, he gazes down at her and gathers her in his arms, his eyes tracing the anxiety on her face and feeling it in her body, her small body sending shivers down her spine every few seconds at his touch.

Genesis gulps and pulls away from him his grip, gasping for air as she stumbles over to the threshold to exit the studio. Nick smiles and sits back on the floor, watching her take a breather. Obviously he knew she was falling for him and that didn’t seem to bother him at all. In fact he was willing to wait until he can have her completely. Until then he can play her little game for a little while longer.

Genesis steps out of the studio, gasping for air, fanning herself. She couldn’t believe this was happening to her. Why was her own body embarrassing her? He was just a guy, nothing more and nothing less. Sure he was appealing to the eye, but she couldn’t fall for a stranger. She hated being so superficial, drawn to him cause of his looks. She wanted to know the man behind those blue eyes, not just his physical aspects. And as she stands there fanning and trying to cool herself off, she can feel Nick coming up from behind her, his hands touching her back gently.

“Hey you alright?”

She jumps at his touch which created an almost electrical pulse to vibrate down her spine. She gulps, pushing back some of the stray brown locks that escaped her ponytail. “Ye, yeah. Sure, I’m ok.” She whispers out breathlessly, facing him with a gentle grin.

“Oh ok. I was just curious. You looked freaked out. I guess I shouldn’t have done that.” Nick states innocently, watching her move into the doorway.

“Done what? You did nothing wrong. You practiced the moves like I showed you. There isn’t anything wrong with that.”

“No, I mean about holding you too long and stuff, I think that made you uncomfortable.” Nick whispers, passing a hand down her arm which caused another small shiver to erupt from Genesis’s body.

Genesis forces out a laugh, “Me uncomfortable? Please.” She rolls her eyes, her mind swirling with dirty thoughts that could consume the man if she allowed it. ‘You didn’t make me uncomfortable. You could hold me as long as you want.’ She thinks to herself smirking as she enters the studio with Nick right behind her.

“Ok, since we got that small part down, shall we continue?” Genesis whispers out, eyeing Nick through the corner of her eyes.

He nods and she pushes play on the stereo, taking her place on the floor as Nick quickly does the same, standing before her. They begin instantly once the music starts, with Nick carefully letting Genesis slide down his leg as they shuffle side to side and break into a reggae style beat. He grabs her leg and wraps it around his waist as she leaps up and slides down on him as he tries his best to control his body from not responding to the sensual touches. He feels her hands smoothly grab his back as he arches and sighs suddenly in pleasure.

Genesis pulls away and smirks, “Please tell me you didn’t enjoy that?”

“Me? Na.” Nick chuckles, continuing to do their dance moves as he gets down on his knees: slides across smoothly on the floor and stands up twirling, taking a few steps back, shuffling his legs behind him as when he first began. Smiling, he twirls around and stops, waiting for Genesis to run and jump for the final lift. She runs to him as he catches her and lifts her up, her arms held straight up in the air as she slides back down on him, her arms trailing down his shoulders. The music ends once again and Nick breaths heavily as Genesis stares back at him curiously. Suddenly he was pushed back to the mahogany wall as she begins to pelt him with soft kissed on his cheeks and around his lips. Nick moans out and pulls her to him as he hungrily kisses her, lavishing her lips to its fullest. He can hear her moan out in soft pleasure from his kisses as his hands trail down her back, causing her to arch in anticipation. Nick no longer waiting for any excuse: pulls her to him as he devours her with kisses as she cries out in joy and laughs. She steps back as he holds onto her, following as she melts into his arms, falling on her knees and then lying on her back on the floor with Nick doing the same. Nick stares at her and pulls away from her lips, taking a breath as he smiles. “I’m not sure if this is one of the new moves we’ll be doing.”

Genesis laughs and pulls him to her so he was on top of her as she strokes his raven locks in her fingers. “I don’t think so. Maybe we’re rehearsing for something else.”

“Maybe.” Nick whispers into her ear, feeling her shiver beneath him. And he trails his hands down her jean skirt, his fingers brushing her bare legs beneath the edges of the skirt. His hands begins to rise, lifting the skirt along with it. She shivers from the anticipation and moans out.

“Wait! Wait!” She moans out, her heart slamming across her chest as her body craved his touches more.

“What?” Nick whispers, looking back at her, slowly kissing her neck as she clasps her arms around his neck blowing into his ear. Nick moans out as he kisses her down her neck line.

“We should stop this right now, before we get caught.” She whispers out, breathing heavily.

Nick smiles, “That’s the fun part.”

“No…” She breathes out, loving the feeling of this man. She knew she had crossed boundaries the moment he touched her. He had some form of connection that her body only wanted more of.

“Just this time Gen.”

“No…it’s too fast, too soon.” She whispers out, hating herself at the moment for the comment. She lied, she wanted to continue, to have him become one with her but her guilt caught up to her and she couldn’t allow it. And she was right, as unreasonable as it sounded to her body, she was right. It was too soon, too fast for the both of them. And she wanted to cherish their moments together. Sighing, she watches Nick nod his head as he pulls away from her flustered body as he exhales heavily. Helping her back on her feet, he smiles and tugs on her green halter top. Whispering in her ear as he gathers his belongings, “I always loved the color green. Now I have more of a reason to love it.”

Genesis laughs, blushing. She was surprised at herself. What came over her? What was she trying to do? Everything she had told Nadia before then had been a lie: that simple kiss meant more to the both of them then they could ever imagine. She smiles and flustered, she gathers her belongings and gazes at him as he brushes past her, his hand trailing down her neckline as he picks her up from her backside to lie a kiss on her sweetly parted lips. She sits awkwardly, her legs touching his lower chest as he kisses her slowly, tasting every part of her through that one kiss. She sighs in pleasure and he puts her down so she can get her gym bag.

“Maybe we shouldn’t tell the others about this.” Genesis whispers, glitter in her eyes show joy.

Nick nods, “Ok, I already had a lot of explaining to do when my friends first caught us.”

Laughing, Genesis giggles, “Imagine what would happen if they got this news.”

“Then we’ll never sleep through it.” Nick smirks, leading her out of the studio.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Shuffling Around the Heart by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Shuffling Around the Heart~**

She giggles as he pushes her gently towards the door, his lips brushing up against hers.

“Shhhh…we’ll get caught.” Genesis smirks, pushing Nick away from her, his body pressed up against her as he continues kissing her cheeks and lips. Her back pushes on the front door behind her as she pulls away from the kiss and laughs. “Nick, you don’t listen do you?”

Nick pulls away from her lips and smirks, “Well should I? Cause I don’t see you fighting much.”

Giggling, she glances down at her watch and smiles, giving him a quick embrace. “I have to change and get ready. Why don’t I pick you up at your place and your friends can come along as well.”

Nick smiles seductively and roams his hands down Genesis’s waist. Whispering in her ear, he brushes back a lock of her hair, “I don’t know if you can fit the four of my friends in your car though. But that’s nice of you anyway. I’ll make sure they’ll find their way to the club ok? You got the directions: I’ll just pass it along. Besides if they get lost we don’t have to feel guilty ‘cause we gave them the directions. And plus it can just be you and I…alone…in the car without the others staring us down like we did something wrong.”

Genesis smirks, stroking Nick’s matted black spikes in her hands. “Well, you don’t think that the way we’re behaving is wrong?”

Nick chuckles, pulling her to him close so he can intake her sweet fragrance of her perfume and soft scent. “If this is wrong, then damn I don’t wanna be right.”

Genesis breaks into a soft laughter, shaking her head. “Oh come on. Look we have to behave ok. No touching like this in front of the others ok. People already have an idea of us and I don’t want them talking or pulling you into some nasty rumors.”

“Well let them talk away, it’s not gonna stop me from the way I’m feeling for you.” Nick softly states, wrapping his arms around her waist. His soft breath cools her warm cheeks as he places one last kiss on her lips before releasing her.

Genesis sighs breathlessly, his touch leaving her weak in her knees. His lips captured her own so perfect, like it was meant only for her. He contained so much passion in his kisses as in his dancing and for that moment, Genesis was glad she had made the first move. There were no regrets and no turning back, they both wanted this yet neither knew how to begin it. She backs away, her eyes glued to his as he steps down the first step on her porch backwards.

“Nick, I think you should look before you…” She smirks as Nick stumbles down the next step, tripping over it and trying to act natural as if nothing had occurred.

“Oh right, see I knew that. I was just trying out a new step and from the looks of it, you liked it right?” Nick grins brightly, his sapphire orbs glittering brightly under the soft silver moon as he tries to his best to not blush under the slight embarrassment that occurred.

“Sure did. I hope I don’t have you tripping all over yourself. Cause you’d be a mess tonight when we go to the club.” Genesis teases, her light eyes glitter delightfully.

“Na. I’m just a natural klutz on that.” Nick straightens up, heading back to his car.

“Of course you are.” Genesis smirks, unlocking her front door. “Well I’ll see ya later.”

“Alright.” Nick waves at her, standing still as he watches her enter the house before he boards his rented car. Shaking his head in amusement, he breaks into a huge smile as he starts the ignition of the Ford Focus. “The power that woman has.” He mumbles to himself amused, pulling away from the dirt road and driving pass her house.

Genesis giggles as she watches from the window seeing Nick’s car pull away. She felt like she was thirteen again, all blushing and flustered. She had managed to bubble out words and break into constant giggles the entire time she was with Nick in the studio. He did something to her that no man ever could. He made her feel so beautiful even when she was all stressed out and sweaty. He looked passed the simple placid looks she felt she had and wanted to make her more beautiful than she can ever imagine. And for that, she was forever grateful. No man had ever taken the time to want to get to know her. They all had assumed that because of her appearance that she was an easy lie and rumors began like that. But not Nick, Nick was a true diamond in the rough. One that she couldn’t believe she had and she was afraid of letting go. He had warned her that by the time the dance competition would come, that he would only have a few days left before returning back home.

She gulps, not wanting to drown in utter despair that would surly follow when this perfect man would leave her. Perhaps she was in denial of the fact that her heart was leading her to him, but she couldn’t fall in love with him. It would hurt too much if she did, knowing the results. He would leave and she would stay with a heart needing much mending that no other man can fill and because of that, that was the reason she didn’t want to give in to him. Yet she was in her own way. God how she longed to have had him hold her longer under the moonlight as he would roam her body and make her his. Claiming her, taking her to new places in ecstasy that she can only imagine, yet that was only in her imagination. Cause if that step was to happen, she would fear the after effects. The ones that would cause him to doubt, to back away like the other men and leave her alone forever because of the strewn lies that shattered her reputation. Like Nadia had mentioned to her a while back, ‘Sex changes everything.’ And she couldn’t prepare to deal with such things at the moment now. She would have to keep her hands to herself and learn control as well as his. There was still a professional and business side to this entire relationship and she must keep this in mind.

Walking towards her bedroom, she heads to the bathroom to wash up when she sees Nadia exiting the threshold of the bathroom, all dressed up and ready to go to the club. Wearing tight black pants that contour Nadia’s curves on her tall body, she smirks as her dark raven curls lavish around her shoulders gently. Placing her lean dark tan hands on her waist, she gazes down at her friend, her dark eyes matching the sequin dark tank top that covered her like a soft blanket.

“Well welcome home missy. I was beginning to think something had happened?” Nadia teases, raising her eyebrows, “And did it?”

Blowing out a puff of air, Genesis rolls her eyes, pushing pass her friend. “We were talking and hanging out after the dance lesson. He’s a cool guy that’s all. I guess I lost track of time. No biggie. I’m here now and I’ll be ready in a few.” She quickly pours out, entering the bathroom and closing the door behind immediately before Nadia could get a word in.

“Ummmm hmmmm… What happened girl? Something juicy, didn’t it? You all shy and awkward about it. Did you guys make out again?” Nadia giggles, flopping on her own bed as she waited for her friend to get ready.

Genesis smiles, stepping into the running cool shower, ignoring Nadia’s prying talk. She won’t tell her, she couldn’t cause then she would lose the bet and that can’t happen. She can’t fall in love with a man in a week. That was impossible. It takes people months, years sometimes before the word love can take the place of lust in a relationship. And she for one knew she was one of those people. Stepping into the shower, she quickly washes herself and her hair, stepping out in a wrapped towel. Exiting the bathroom, she rushes to her closet feeling the boring of Nadia’s eyes on her the entire time.

“Dee, if you don’t have anything to do, why don’t you go and pick up Nick’s friends? I’m sure you’ll find them of interest.” Genesis busies herself, rustling through rows of hangers for something to wear.

“Na, I don’t know them like that, but why don’t you wear that cute lil’ outfit that drives the men wild? You know the red skin tight mini skirt of yours with that lace black strap top.” Nadia smirks, sitting on the edge of her bed, swinging her legs out in front of her.

Genesis glares at her friend, shaking her head, “You know I retired that outfit long ago. I’m not going back to that. I want something decent yet lovely. Eye wondering yet stunning.” She mumbles, pulling out a few tops tossing them on her bed.

“My my, aren’t we the picky one tonight? You know getting dressed isn’t a big deal for you, so why are you caring about it tonight?” Nadia grins, her curiosity getting the best of her.

“Look, I just want to look good. Is that a problem?” Genesis brushes off her friend’s question, hearing the soft giggles of Nadia.

“I know about you guys Gen. You like him don’t ya?” Nadia stands, easing her way over to Genesis’s bed strewn with clothes on it.

Sighing Gen shakes her head, “It’s not even like that.” She lied, shuffling through a pair of clingy leather black pants and ruffled black top.

“Yeah sure. Look if you feeling the guy it’s ok. I know I tease and joke with you about him, but there’s something happening between the two of you that you’re both just finding out. I mean I’ll still win the bet and besides, I think Nick is the kind of guy you need in your life right now. He seems to have you more calm and at ease.” She pauses, watching her friend pulling a lace tank top over her head. “And I think even though I tease ya about him, that you should listen to your heart.” She smiles, grabbing Genesis’s shoulders so that she was paying attention to her. “If you like him, then go for it. He’s changing you Gen and I kind of like it.”

Genesis snorts and gently pulls away from Nadia, reaching over to grab the leather pants on her bed. “I, I just don’t think it’s a good idea ok.”

Nadia rolls her eyes and begins putting away the rest of the clothes spread out on Genesis’s bed back into the closet. “Good idea for who Gen? For you? For him? For the town? Listen to yourself! This guy is obviously into you. I mean it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out girl. And I know you like him too. So what’s the problem?”

Genesis zips up her pants, running her hands down the hem lines of her pants as she gazes into the full size mirror in front of her: besides the closet. Sighing, Genesis gazes up at Nadia, “The problem is…is that things like that don’t work out for me and you know it. Since when do I bump into Mr. Nice only to see the guy walk away from my life like they always do.”

Nadia exhales slowly, frowning: “Ohhh Gen. Sometimes I think you’re looking far into things. Maybe he isn’t Mr. Nice, but the right one. Mister right for once in your life.”

Genesis shakes her head, “No. He’ll be leaving here in a few days after next Saturday to go back home and I know I won’t ever see him again.”

Nadia sighs, fiddling with a hanger that held onto one of Genesis’s shirts. “Not if he’s feeling you like I know he is. He’ll stick around if it’s meant to be.”

Genesis smirks, “Thanks, but no thanks. He’s a nice guy that’s all. But I’ll just be searching for ‘the one’ ‘till its time for me to get settled down. It’s always been that way with me and it probably will always be. She whispers softly to herself, slumping onto the edge of her bed, combing out her hair.

Nadia smiles sadly, placing the hangers back into the closet before settling down next to Genesis on the bed. She runs a hand over her friend’s shoulders, before hugging her tightly, “Maybe this is the time and you just don’t know it yet.”

Genesis smiles, pulling away from her friend’s embrace, “Thanks, but I doubt it. Look, let’s go to the club, the guys are waiting for us and I don’t want to be late for the dance off.”

Smirking, Nadia nods: “Alright, well let’s go. We don’t wanna make Nick wait.”

Laughing, Genesis exits her room as Nadia follows behind her, both exiting the house behind them.
~*~

He drums his fingers on the steering wheel, waiting for his friends to board the car already. Running a hand through his hair, he could see A.J. smirking, shaking a finger at him.

“What?” Nick states, sitting up in the driver’s seat.

“You. How was the lesson?” A.J. asks with a tease as he languidly leans into the open side driver’s window.

“It was good. You know I think I got most of the moves down.” Nick smiles, feeling his heart patter at the memory of Genesis’s touch on him back in the studio.

“You don’t say? Well I’m sure you’ll be showing those moves off tonight at the club right? Her room mate called us telling us about it. So we’ll be heading out there. You driving?” A.J. adjusts his skull cap, taking off his shades and placing them folded onto the top cuff of his black wife beater.

“Actually no. Genesis is coming to pick me up. We’ll meet you guys there. She wants us to get there early so we can sign up and stuff. So when you guys get there, we’ll be set.” Nick stretches, opening the side door, stepping out of the vehicle.

“Hold on, you getting picked up?” A.J. grins widely, chuckling.

“Save it J.” Nick smirks, waving at Brian and Kevin who stepped out of the front door, the two men smirking at his direction. “What’s the joke man?”

“You.” Kevin strolls over to Nick, patting him on the shoulder. “So you gonna dance for us tonight I heard. It’s about time.”

“Yeah maybe you can give Kevin some lessons.” Brian smirks, watching Kevin chuckling softly.

“It might take a miracle for him to take that stick out of his a…” Nick was intercepted with Howie banging the front door closed.

“Sorry.” Howie smirks, heading towards them, boarding the SUV followed by Brian.

Kevin and A.J. glance at each other each with a mischievous glow behind their eyes.

“Well I guess we should head out then. I heard traffic sucks as we head over to the club. So Nick you coming with us?” Kevin asks as A.J. shakes his head.

“No can do Kev. Seems he’s getting escorted by miss Gen herself at the club.” A.J. pokes Nick in the ribs as he boards the SUV.

Nick passes his hands over his recently washed hair as he fans himself with the collar of his shirt, the axe cologne wafting in the air.

“Oh really? Well then I guess we should head out then, since Nick doesn’t need us now.” Kevin grins, heading over to the backseat of the vehicle.

Nick rolls his eyes, “You guys are heading over there now?”

“Well not yet, first we gonna pick up our dates.” Howie grins.

“Your dates?” Nick smirks.

“Oh yeah Nick, see we actually have dates cause we have the balls to tell the ladies we feeling them.” A.J. grins from the backseat receiving a middle finger from Nick’s direction.

“Real nice Nick, put that finger down.” Brian chuckles, sliding into the passenger side seat.

“Just a question, all you guys have dates ‘cept Brian right?” Nick smiles, watching Brian laugh.

“I would have one if my wife was with me.” Brian smirks.

Howie nods, “Yup, just about. I’m gonna go pick up Angela, then we’ll stroll by Kevin’s date place and get Kristin and later stop by Alex’s Suzy.”

“Ahh ok. Well I’ll see ya guys then.”

“Aight. And hey Nick, good luck, make us proud buddy.” Brian waves as Howie backs the green SUV out of the driveway.

Nick laughs, “Alright. Well it’s just a dance off. Nothing big.”

“Still it’s a start and you’ll be doing this in front of people.” Howie states out of the window as he smiles and waves bye to Nick as he pulls the vehicle away from the cabin, leaving Nick alone in the driveway.

“Well. It’s just me.” He mumbles to himself, taking a seat on the front steps, waiting for Genesis to show up. Sighing, he closes his eyes and smirks at A.J.’s past comment: ‘Oh yeah Nick, see we actually have dates ‘cause we have the balls to tell the ladies we feeling them.’

“Punk.” Nick whispers to himself, feeling a smile crawl over his face. He stares up at the starless velvet sky, seeing a few lights glow off in the sky, the airplanes soaring over the land peacefully. He begins to think through the day’s event and feels his heart race at the thought of holding Genesis. There was something about her that made him think twice about his actions. He was drawn to her like he needed to quench his thirst and she was the only way to solve that. He longed to explore her body and make her smile in pleasure. She was one of a kind and the fact that she was so humble about a lot of things made it so tempting. He knew he held some form of power over her, for whenever he held her close, he could feel her tremble under his touch and he enjoyed that even if it was something as simple as that. He didn’t know what to do with himself, he wanted to get to know Genesis more but he was concerned that if he did, he would be forced to decide what will occur when it was time for him to head back home. Could he stay and make a life here with her or should he take the chance of leaving here and bringing her along. Would she even decide to go with him? Was she at least interested in him as he was in her? To a point, he was blinded at that and didn’t know if she was falling for him as he wanted her to be. Maybe he was hoping for too much, asking for some form of miracle that he for once in his life not A.J. could get the girl that others crave. Sure she was beautiful but she wasn’t a trophy girlfriend, she was one who needed to be shown ‘cause he was just plain proud of having her in his life.

He snaps his attention a few minutes later at the sound of gravel spraying from a car pulling up to the driveway. He dusts his baggy dark blue jeans off as he gets ready to meet her. Smiling, he stands up from the steps and watch Genesis step out of her car, a smile on her soft lips.

“Hey you.” She whispers out as Nick walks over to her, standing in front of her as he brushes back a strand of her hair behind her ears. “So, you ready?”

Nick nods, “Yeah. Let’s go. The guys are hyped in seeing me dance. To be honest with you, I’m real nervous about this. I mean people are gonna be looking and want to judge.”

“Well that’s part of life. There will always be someone there ready to judge. The question is what will you feel when you’re done with it all?” She states, running her hands on the collar of his green tank top, smiling as he cups her hands with his.

Gently pulling her hand away, he embraces her and lets his lips crawl over her neck hearing her moan out as she giggles. “Nick come on, we got to behave.”

“I know, just want to get it all of my system.” Nick smirks, leading her back to the car.

“Well it better be, ‘cause tonight all eyes will be on us and you need to control your hands.” She smiles, her eyes glowing brightly as she boards the driver’s seat of her black Camry.

Nick slides into the passenger seat, closing the door next to him, “I’ll try, but I can’t promise you that.”

“You better boy.” She giggles, pulling away from the driveway.

Nick leans back in the seat, watching the small buildings pass by him in the car window. The silence haunts him as he looks over at her, watching her concentrate on the road before them. “Gen, can we talk about what’s happening with us?”

Genesis caught off guard, glances at him quickly confused and back on the road. “Well what about us?”

Nick smirks, sitting up in the seat, “Be real, in a matter of days I’ll be leaving, will you miss me?”

Genesis gulps and jerks her head no, struggling to concentrate on her driving. “What?”

Sighing, Nick slumps back in the seat, “Forget it.”

“Now I want to know why did you ask that? Will you miss me?” She whispers, slowing the car down at a street light, her eyes glancing back at him.

“I’ll answer after you answer my question.” Nick smiles softly, sitting up in the seat. His dark blue eyes piercing at her intensely.

Gulping, Genesis shrugs her shoulders, “I, I guess yeah why?”

Nick shakes his head annoyed, “I just wanted to know that’s all.”

“Oh right.”

Nick wanted to blurt out his thoughts and lie down his feelings to her, but he was afraid of scaring her off. He didn’t know if she wanted to hear that from a man she just met. Sure they kissed, but behind that kiss there were unspoken feelings that Nick needed to hear from her. He needed to know if he was wasting his time, so he can move on. He didn’t want to play around anymore, he was tired of that and needed something solid to hold on to.

Genesis glances over at Nick as she drives down the lane, seeing how hurt he seemed by her remark. “Nick, yes I will miss you deeply. And I’m sorry if you thought I hurt your feelings.”

Nick smirks, “Look don’t worry about it, ok?”

“Right, right well.” She smiles, patting his knee.

Nick grabs her hand and trails her hand up his thigh as she gasp. “Nick stop.”

“What? I was just dusting off your hand. You had something sticky on it.” Nick smiles innocently and he burst into laughter. “You didn’t think I was gonna do something wild now did you? You have such a dirty mind for a little girl.”

She clears her throat, swiping her hand away and placing it back on the steering wheel. “Right, well.” She giggles, driving them into a highway. “I’m really excited about this, are you?” She squeaks out, a smile spanning her cheeks.

“Not sure. I’m getting all nauseous thinking about it.” Nick smirks, fiddling with the radio, finding some music to ease the tension.

He flips through some stations, not liking any of the music given and turns it off, sighing and sitting back in his seat.

Genesis smiles, caressing his cheek as she pulls up to a crowded parking lot, “Hey listen Nick it’ll be great. Once you get started things will be go smoothly.”

Nick nods, smiling, touching her lips. “I never had any complaints before, I’m always smooth when I start.”

She laughs, “And here I am supposed to be the one with the dirty mind.” And she finds a space, parking the car.

“Well let’s go then, we have an audience waiting for us.”

“Alright.” And she exits the car, following behind Nick. They smirk as Nick holds her hand, leading her to the entrance of the club where the loud pounding music was coming from. She giggles as he wraps his arm around her waist, tickling her as he enters the glass doors of the club. The lavish club sweltered in pulsating red and orange blinking lights, the walls furnished in soft red velvet all around the interior as crowds of people dance in the center of the glittering swirling center in the club. Genesis nods her head to the beat as she smiles and leads Nick to the center of the dance floor. Pushing her way through the crowd of the people, she situates herself in the center of the dance floor, the lights swirling above them as the loud pop music blast through the speakers.

Nick leans into her ear, “When does the dance off starts?”

“I already signed us before hand. I called and they’ll announce it as they start.”

Nick nods and they nod their heads softly to the beat of the music. Suddenly Genesis looks up and smiles, waving over at Nadia and a tall cinnamon colored lean handsome man. Nick glances over and smiles, watching Nadia make her way over to them. Nick looks at Nadia and introduces himself to the man.

“Nick, this is Joey, Joey this is Nick.” Nadia greets them as they shake hands.

Joey smiles and gazes around the club, his dark eyes scanning over at the other end of the club. “Ummm, do you know those people over there?” Joey points to a group of four men and three women standing around in the corner, viewing the club in confusion.

Nick nods, “Hey yeah! Those guys are my friends! Hey J, Rok, Kev, D! Over here guys!” He leaps and waves, calling his friends over.

Kevin smirks and leads the group over to him as Nadia giggles and eyes them.

“Hey, glad you guys made it.” Nick smiles, getting a pat on his back from Kevin.

“We couldn’t miss this Nicky.” Kevin smiles: gazing at the attractive woman standing next to him.

“Hey and who’s this?” Nick smiles, gently shaking the woman’s hand.

Kevin smiles, gazing at Genesis before clearing his throat, “Oh right, of course. Well this is Kristin, my date for tonight.”

“Ohhhh, she’s the one huh? She’s hott.” Nick smirks, getting a few laughs from the others.

A.J. smirks, placing his arm around the red haired woman, Suzy, “Well Nicky can’t wait to see ya dancing together.”

Genesis smirks, nodding her head, “Well you’ll all be in a surprise then. This boy got moves.”

“Really? Genesis be real, white boy can dance?” A.J. teases, getting a giggle out of Suzy.

“Sure can. Just you wait and see.” Genesis smiles proudly at Nick.

Angela smiles at them and pokes Howie in the ribs, “You know, I think they’re a cute couple.”

Howie chokes back a smile, shaking his head, “They’re not dating. At least from what I can tell.”

Angela nods her head, “Maybe, but there’s something there. Look at the way they look at each other.” She whispers into his ear as Howie smiles and nods his head.

“You know what? I think maybe something is going on.” Howie smirks, watching a DJ announce over the speakers some names.

The DJ smiles and lowers the music, speaking into the microphone: “Alright ladies and gents. We’re about to begin our weekly dance off. If your name is called take center stage on the dance floor and show us what you got…”

Genesis giggles, not listening to the rest of the announcement as she gazes at Nick. “Deep breaths Nick, we’re about to kick some major booty.”

Nick smirks, “Aight, let’s do this!” And he hears his friends laughs and cheer as he heads to the center of the dance floor, the swirling red and orange lights flourish the panel floors beneath them. Suddenly Nick could feel her tense up as she stares at a tall dark haired, darkly tan lean woman dressed in a tight black jacket with white lettering on it and black leather pants.

“Desiree.” Genesis states inaudible to Nick’s ear.

“Who?” He asks, staring at the woman taking the center stage, twirling and giving splits as a round of applause goes off around them.

The woman glances over at their direction and shuffles her way over to them, twirling in front of Genesis, her dark raven and red locks hit Genesis’s cheeks. Nick pulls Genesis back as he watches the woman twirl and stomp on the floor before him.

“Well look at you. Genesis didn’t tell me she got a white boy as her partner. Think you can go up against me and my boy.” Desiree rolls her eyes, calling a man over to her.

Nick gulps and watches a tall muscular man in a red blazer and black tank top beneath. The man’s cinnamon skin glistens in sweat as he breaks into hip hop steps over the pulsating music that started. The man’s neatly bald head worked well with the cap he wore. Nick could hear the D.J.’s voice announce the first couple:

“First up let’s give it up for Desiree and her partner hailing from New York, Vincent.”

The crowd roars into applause as the couple smirk and take their place in the center of the dance floor. Nick could feel Genesis’s hand grip tightly over his as she breathes out nervously.

He leans over her and shakes his head, whispering into her ear, “What are you afraid of? You know you’re better than her, you got dance moves that can rock her world.”

She forces a smile at his comment and shakes her head, “Its not that Nick! She’s real good, that’s why. Look, just watch them.” She points with a shaking hand at Desiree and Vincent as the loud hip hop music begins.

Nick keeps his eyes train on the couple dancing as they break smoothly into a choreographed dancing on Usher’s single “Yeah” The crowd roars in excitement as the couple twirl and dance around each other, each breaking into back flips as Desiree leaps and wraps her legs around Vincent’s waist, pulsating her waist rhythmically on his. Nick could hear Genesis sigh and exhale deeply as the crowd cheers and waves their hands in the air to the performing couple. Finally Desiree finishes her dance moves off by turning around still on her partner’s waist as he lifts her up and she twirls to the floor, springing up from behind his legs as they strike a finishing pose like true winners.

Nick’s mouth drops open as the crowd whistles and shrieks in enjoyment as the D.J. gets back on the mic with a smile on his face. “Wow, let’s give it up for Desireee and Vincent!” And the crowd responds with more cheers and whistles.

Nadia sighs and pushes her way through the crowd reaching Genesis, “You have nothing to worry about. You can dance better than her and you know it.”

“Maybe this was a bad idea. I don’t think Nick can do this yet.” Genesis cries out softly to her friend.

Nadia grabs her friend’s face staring at her, “Look at me Gen. Its now or never, do you hear me? You go out there and prove to her and to anyone else who’s doubting that you can dance and so can Nick. Have faith in Nick, he’s never let you down before and I highly doubt he’ll do it tonight.” She whispers, seeing a twinkle in Genesis’s eyes.

“You’re right. Absolutely right.” Genesis smiles: hugging Nadia as the D.J. calls out their names.

“Let’s give it up to our next couple in the dance off, she goes by the name of Genesis Martinez and her partner hailing from Florida Nickolas Carter.”

“Yeah!!” Brian cheers, patting Nick on the back, “Go and make us proud boy!”

“Do your thing boy, prove to all these peeps you got moves!” A.J. and Suzy shout in unison as Kevin and Kristin cheer him on. Howie and Angela clap and cheer as Genesis takes Nick’s hand and leads to the center floor. Nadia and her date Joey watch in anticipation as the couple takes their places on the floor.

Closing her eyes, Nadia crosses her fingers and smiles. “She can do it. I know she will.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Dancing To Dire News by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Dancing To Dire News~**

The D.J. smiles and flips on a record as the sultry “Fever” song, begins to play. Nick and Genesis gaze at each other as the rowdy crowd cheers and yells. Nick gulps and shakes his sweaty palms as he hears Genesis gentle voice cut in:

“Hey Nick, it’ll be ok. We’re just dancing for fun now. Let’s just do what we’ve been rehearsing in the studio k?”

Nick nods quickly, his lights eyes glance around the screaming crowd. Genesis places a reassuring hand on his arm, smiling to ease his discomforts. He smiles as the beat to the song blast through the speakers:

‘Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear
You give me fever (you give me fever) when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight (you give me fever)
Fever ... in the mornin'
Fever all through the night’

Immediately Genesis is pulled closed to Nick as she begins to descend down his leg sexily. The crowd whistles and cheers as Nick lifts up Genesis, the slow song enrapturing them. Genesis feels his arms wrap around her waist as they begin to slowly wind down to the floor.

A.J. gasps in surprise and pokes Brian in the ribs, “Ohh damn, he wasn’t kidding about that part.”

Kevin laughs as Kristin cuddles besides him watching the dancing couple spread out and break into reggae as Beanie Man’s “Dude” blast through the speakers. A.J. and Suzy watch in awe as Nadia and Joey bop their heads to the beats cheering for them. Brian, Howie and Angela laugh and cheer as Genesis spins into Nick’s arm and he lifts her up slowly and erotically in which the audience roared in approval. Nick slides across the floor as Genesis does the same on the opposite side, both back flipping and landing in front of each other as they break into reggae again. Nick lifts Genesis up into the air as she wraps one leg around his waist, spinning around to his back, perching on his shoulders before Nick turns around and faces her having her slide down head first pass his thighs before lifting her back up and placing her on the ground. He backs away a few feet as Genesis runs to him, leaping at him as he catches her and lifts her above his head with his hands as she lies out seductively on his palms. She crosses one leg over the other and smiles as the crowd stomps and roots out for them. Nadia, Joey, Howie and Angela cheer loudly as Kevin, Kristin, Brian, A.J. and Suzy whistle loudly for their friends.

The couple bow and clap as Genesis and Nick embrace each other laughing.

“Nick!!! You did great!!! Oh My God!” Nadia yells over to them, picking her way through the crowd.

Nick smiles and humbly bows his head, “Thanks. Not bad for the first time huh?”

“Not bad at all. Dude you killed it out there!” Joey remarks excitedly as the rest of the group joins up with them.

“Nick! Dude! Oh Damn!” was all A.J. could say, shaking his head happily.

Nick laughs receiving a pat on his back from Kevin who throws his arms over the younger man. “Nick, that was amazing! You proved us all wrong. You can dance!”

“Wow, white boy really does know how dance.” A.J. chuckles as the others laugh gently over the club music that was blasting through the speakers again.

“You guys have nothing to worry about. You kicked that chick’s behind lovely.” Brian states: taking a sip of his drink as he bops his head to the music playing.

“Aww, thanks guys.” Genesis smiles, “He did his thing and I’m glad he was able to go through with it all. See Nick you didn’t freeze up!”

“Yeah, that’s a good thing right?” Nick smirks, gazing around as more people in the crowd cheer and give him and Genesis a thumbs up sign.

“Oh yeah.” Genesis breaks into a laugh. “I’ll be right back, gotta head to the bathroom guys.”

Angela looks up and smiles, “Well I’ll go with you, I’ve been dying to use the toilet but it’s a mess to get through here.”

“Tell me about it. I found a short cut.” Genesis smirks, pointing down a small less dense pathway marked with people.

“Alright. See ya in a few.” Angela waves at Howie as she and Genesis disappears down the pathway of the club, getting swallowed into the crowd.

Howie yawns quietly and gazes at Nick as Brian and A.J. run off to the cocktail serving.

“What’s with the yawning D?” Nick asks curiously, receiving a few cheers from a passing couple behind him.

Howie laughs, “Nothing. Just a bit tired.”

“Of what?” Suzy giggles.

“Man you’re perfect for A.J. you guys think on the same mode.” Howie smirks.

Nick and Suzy break into a laughter as a fair haired woman bumps into Nick by accident.

Nick turns back as the petite woman bumbles out a soft sorry before looking up at him. Nick smiles and suddenly breaks into a laugh as recognition comes over his face. “That’s alright. Oh man, hold on, you’re not…na, you’re not Farah are you?”

The honeysuckled haired woman giggles and nods, “Oh my God! Nicky! It’s you! I can’t believe it, you dance now? You were incredible!”

Nick laughs gazing at the woman: her slender toned petite body was snug against soft white Capri pants with two lace wife beaters over one another, the grey beneath the white one. Her loose tendrils topple effortlessly and framed her oval light tan slim face, curving it in an almost instant natural frame.

A.J. and Brian make their way back from the cocktail bar to see Farah and Nick talk and laugh about something.

“Ohhhh, isn’t that Nick’s ex?” Brian whispers loudly to A.J.

Smirking, A.J. nods, “Oh yeah, my, it’s a small world ain’t it? What a cowinkydink that little miss Farah so happens to be here.”

“Somehow you’re not finding this surprising A.J.” Brian eyes his friend curiously.

“Nope. See its like the movies B. When a guy starts liking a girl, somehow someone has to enter the picture to make the guy struggle through.” A.J. chuckles, taking a sip of his drink in his hands.

Brian rolls his eyes, “Suzy got you watching chick flicks now huh?”

“What?! No man, ain’t no chick flick here B, it’s just a piece of reality told through fiction.” A.J. proudly states, licking the taste of his drink off his lips.

Brian chuckles and makes his way over to them. “Hey Suzy, D and Nick, we’re back.”

Nick stops talking for a moment with Farah and looks up. “Oh hey B!”

“Hi and who’s the lady?” Brian asks as A.J. slowly makes his way over to Suzy with a smirk on his face.

“Oh Brian you remember her, Farah.” Nick pauses to see Brian and Farah greet each other before continuing.

“Sure do. You’re the girl that took this big boy’s heart away for a while.” He carefully states, eying them curiously.

Farah giggles, “Oh that was a while back Brian. Anyways, it’s great to see you here.”

“I was just gonna ask you why you’re around here? Did you move from Florida?” Brian stands there trying to see where Kevin and Kristin are at.

Farah shakes her head no, causing a few of her blonde tendrils to topple around her neck like a princess. He had to admit, she was beautiful and no wonder Nick went gaga for her a while back. But for whatever the reason, the couple had called off their relationship feeling according to Farah that she needed some space. Brian wasn’t too fond of seeing this woman suddenly appear here, playing with Nick’s heart. He only hoped that they would maintain their friendships and not fall back into their strange relationship that left Nick confused and hurt.

Brian exhales slowly as he spots Kevin, Kristin, Nadia and Joey dancing besides each other all enjoying themselves. He gazes back up to Nick who held a goofy grin as he talks with Farah about their past adventures.

“I’m just so excited to see you Nick. I missed you.” Farah whispers, batting her long eyelashes, the grey eyes staring back at Nick intensely.

“Missed me? Really?” Nick looks around, feeling invaded as his friends stare back at him. “Ummm…how ‘bout we talk over at the bar, less invasion of privacy if you know what I mean.” Seeing his friends shrugs their shoulders and break into their own conversation knowing they were brushed off.

Farah nods and smiles, gazing at Nick. Her eyes locked on how wonderful he looked since the last she seen him.

Nick smirks and leads Farah through the small crowd in their way over to the bar as they each take a sit on two stools beside each other. “What something to drink?”

Farah shakes her head and folds it on her lap nervously. “Nick, actually it’s a good thing I found you. I wanted to talk to you about why I needed my space.”

Nick sighs, drumming his fingers on the counter, not sure if he wanted to hear her excuse. “Well why is that?” A bartender approaches them as Nick asks for a small shot of brandy.

“Stuff was going on that I needed to deal with and I didn’t know how you would respond to it.”

“Respond to what Farah? You didn’t want to be with me anymore, I just thought you got tired of me or something.” Nick mumbles out, eager to change the topic fast, watching the bartender tend to his drink.

Farah gulps and clasps his hands with hers. “Listen to me Nick. Remember how I was getting all sick and stuff?” She pauses to see him nod his head, “Well” She continues, “I was sick alright, but in a good way.”

“There a good illness now? Wow, didn’t know that.” Nick rolls his eyes, afraid he was going to hear something he wasn’t ready to know. He watches the bartender return with his drink and walk away.

“Nick I was pregnant.” She states quickly, her eyes locked on him as he chokes on his drink that he just took a sip from.

“Pregnant?! Oh God! My kid?” Nick whispers, forcing the drink down his throat.

Farah gulps, looking around nervously before nodding her head.

“You, you were pregnant with my kid and you didn’t tell me?” Nick growls out, swiping his hands away from hers.

“I was afraid you wouldn’t want me anymore if you knew I was pregnant. Nick babies are a big responsibility and I didn’t know what you would think of me. Children change a relationship Nick and we’re both so young to have children.”

Nick thinks through the sudden reality of her statement as he shakes his head, “Twenty-four isn’t young to have children. But the fact you kept this hidden from me just pisses me off. Why…how could you not tell me?” He states annoyed, tapping the empty shot glass cup on the counter.

“Because…because I was afraid Nick! That’s why! I didn’t know what to do or how to respond to the news.”

Nick sighs and looks at her, “So did you go through the pregnancy?”

“I didn’t want to. But I didn’t have enough money for an abortion. So I had the child.”

Nick sighs and taps his hands on the bar counter, shaking his head. “Oh God. Where’s the baby?”

“At my mom’s place right now, a few miles down from here.” She whispers quietly.

“Boy or girl?”

“Boy, his name is Andrew, Andy for short.” She whispers, gulping.

Nick licks his lips slowly, inhaling quietly. “Andy…” He whispers and gazes at her. “How many months is he?”

“Two months.” She whispers, watching Nick calculate the months of her pregnancy.

“Nick it’s your child. I never slept with anyone before that and you know it.” Farah tenses up as Nick rolls his eyes at her.

“Yeah well. Thanks for telling me late.” Nick states sarcastically.

Farah sighs, “This is why I didn’t tell you. I knew you would find this all hard and not believe me.”

Nick slams the glass shot cup on the counter, breaking it in his hand as he watches the shards dig into his flesh.

“Oh God, you cut yourself!”

“I’m fine. It’s just a small cut.” Nick whispers, yanking his hand away from the counter before Farah could reach for it.

“Wait, let me clean the glass off it. It could get infected.” She states, reaching to his hand.

Nick stands up and backs away from Farah’s touch, “I’m fine ok.”

“Nick, I still care for you. Nothing has ever changed that. I went through the pregnancy on my own cause it’s a burden. I’m not expecting you to pay child support or anything. I just wanted you to know that’s all.”

“Yeah well, how nice. Thanks for the late news.” He glares around the club, looking for any of his friends.

“Nick, I’m sorry if you feel hurt. I still do care for you. And nothing is gonna change that.”

Nick nods his head and glances back at her, sighing. “You think caring is not telling me the truth. Farah I spend the past eight months not knowing about my child and now you think you can win me over?”

“I’m not trying to do that Nick! I’m just concerned for your child now. I want you to be in his life. That’s all I’m asking you.”

Nick clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth, shaking his head. “I…I…I can do that.”

Farah smiles, “That’s all I want.” And she reaches for his injured hand, wiping the blood stains off his palms. He watches her soft touch caress his hand and he smiles. He missed her in his life. He didn’t remember how gentle she was with him. He flinches as she cleans the cut and she looks up. “Sorry. You always did let your anger get the best of you.”

Nick laughs gently as he pulls his hand slowly away from her. “Yeah well, news like this isn’t easy to swallow.”

“I can’t blame ya.” She brushes back some of her tendrils smiling at him. “Maybe your friends are looking for you now.”

Nick nods, “Yeah, I guess I should over there.”

Farah smiles and rolls a napkin, wrapping a piece of it around his hand over the small cuts. “There ya go. Now don’t go breaking things when you get home.”

“I’ll try not to.” He smiles as Farah brushes her fingers down his cheek, caressing his face lovingly. He takes a deep breath as her soft scent and perfume flooded his nose. Along with that memories of their past love played out in his mind. And he stares at her, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. “I tried to forget you. To move on.” He states, watching Farah bite her lower lip. “But it was hard.”

“I’m sorry. It was difficult for me as well. I didn’t want to lose you. Nick you’re the best thing in my life and when you left I was broken. I was lost without you. But you did leave me. And I can’t rewind to take back what I said. If I could freeze time and go back to change what I said, I would still have you in my life.” Farah runs her fingers down the back of his neck, the spot that he loved to be touched.

He breaths out in pleasure and smiles, gazing at his wrapped hand. “You still know that huh?”

“You still like that I see.” Farah smiles gently. She looks around the club and clears her throat, locking eyes with him, “Nick, I never stopped loving you.”

Nick closes his eyes and shakes his head, this couldn’t be happening to him, not now. He felt torn, suddenly his past love comes back for him and here he is trying to figure out what he wanted from Genesis. Nick eyes her and sighs, “Love is a funny thing isn’t it?”

Farah laughs, nodding her head. “Sure is.”

Nick stands up and embraces her, inches away from her lips as she stares back at him. “I, I should go now.” He whispers out nervously, letting her go along with the memories for a second.

“Ok. Listen I’ll give you my number so you can get the directions to see Andy. He looks like you Nick.” She smiles, pulling at his cell phone and placing her number in it. “You’re welcome to call me at anytime of the day it doesn’t matter.”

Nick glances at her number on his phone and nods. “Right. I’ll talk with ya later then k. It, it was nice seeing you again.”

“The same here Nick.” She smiles, watching him leave, walking back into the crowd. “I love you Nick.” She whispers to herself, getting off the stool and leaving the club.
~*~

Genesis laughs as Angela giggles and reapplies her lipstick.

“I’m really serious Gen. He does that. I mean it’s the cutest thing, but still.” Angela smiles, gazing in the bathroom mirror.

Genesis shakes her head happily, washing her hands under the cold sink water. “Aww poor Howie. Well he gets the loving he needs right?”

“Exactly! And he better not complain either about it.” Angela smirks, pulling back a few of her golden strands behind her ears.

“Lord knows if he does, he’s in trouble.” Genesis jokes, brushing back her dark hair.

“Sooo…spill the beans Gen. What’s up with you and Nick?” Angela smiles: pulling out a few tissues to dry her wet hands from the water.

“What’s up with us? Nothing. Why?”

Angela rolls her light eyes as she places a hand on her hip. “Yeah sure, you can fool the boys out there, but I know something’s up. So we’ll try this again. What’s up with you and Nick?”

Genesis smiles, shaking her head. “We’re dancing partners. That’s it.”

“Yeah sure and me and Howie are virgins.” Angela jokes around, laughing.

Genesis joins and shakes her head, “Well what do you wanna know?”

“Whatever you wanna tell me. Now spill, I’m dying over here.” Angela smiles.

Genesis exhales and sees her cheeks blush a hint of pink as she thinks of Nick. “I mean maybe there’s something there. I don’t know. I mean it’s kinda of a weird situation cause he’s my dancing partner and stuff and we have to keep things professional.”

“And I’m guessing pleasure got in the way of business?” Angela draws out, seeing Genesis blush deeply.

“Maybe. I mean nothing like you know sex. But there is some form of tension.”

“I noticed. In fact I’m not the only who can tell.”

Genesis smiles, “And who else notices?”

“Howie. He’s very observant about things like that.” Angela taps her fingers on the porcelain sink.

“Figures.” Genesis giggles, gathering her purse as she makes her way to the exit of the bathroom.

“And don’t worry this is girl talk. I won’t tell the boys about this.” Angela grins, opening the door and holding it open for Genesis as they leave the bathroom. Both of the women make their way back to the group of their friends as one lady laughs and points at Genesis.

Angela rolls her eyes and tugs on Genesis arm, “Don’t pay no attention to her.”

“I’m not. But she’s pissing me off with her laughing. She’s probably one of Desiree’s crew.”

“Could be, she’s slutty like her.” Angela smiles, getting a laugh out of Genesis.

“Ohh we gotta hang more, you’re funny.” Genesis grins, waving at Nick and the others.

Angela nods, “Thanks.” And she giggles as she waves at Howie and joins up to meet him.

A.J. bops his head to the hip hop music that is blasting through the club speakers as Suzy tugs him to the dance floor. He smirks and shakes his head. “Na babe, I like listening to the song. Next song though aight?”

Suzy nods and talks to Kristin who came back from dancing with Kevin. Nick looks around and sees a few people smirking at his direction as he rolls his eyes. He needed to talk to someone and now. He grabs A.J.’s arm and pulls on it.

“Hey man, easy now. I’ll need this arm later tonight.” A.J. grumbles out.

“Dude, I wanna tell ya something, but not here.” Nick eyes him, hoping A.J. wouldn’t start questioning him.

A.J. smirks and glances around to the others in the group. “Dude fine. Better make this fast. I own Suzy a dance to the next song.”

“Aight, it’ll be real fast man.” Nick states, pulling on A.J.’s shoulder to signal him to hurry.

A.J. sighs and follows Nick through the dancing crowd as they see an open metal door with security besides it. “Through there. It’s a way out.”

“Ahhhhh. Fine, hurry man you wasting my dancing minutes.” A.J. grumbles out playfully as they step pass some security and exits into the dimly lit alleyway. Nick leans on the brick wall, inhaling the cool night air. A.J. stretches his arms overhead and pulls out a cigarette, lighting it up. “Aight, what is it?”

“It’s Farah.”

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “What about her man?”

“She said I have a son.” Nick blurts out quickly not giving A.J. a chance to recollect the concept.

A.J. chokes on the cigarette smoke he accidentally inhaled, spitting besides him as he waves his hand in front of him. “Say what?!”

“Shhhh…when we broke up she was already pregnant but never told me.”

“Dude, what the hell? And what now, she wants you to care for the kid that you don’t even know is yours?” He places the cigarette, between his lips, shaking his head. “Unbelievable. No wonder you looked like a deer caught in some headlights.”

“Dammit, what the hell am I suppose to do? She wants me to see him.”

“And are you?” A.J. asks curiously.

“Dude! I don’t know. That’s why I’m talking to you!” Nick yells out.

“Nick, you need to calm down.”

“Calm down? Calm down? How?! I have kid that I didn’t know about. Should I feel relieve about all this?”

A.J. shakes his head, “Damn boy you’re screwed on that. I don’t know what to tell you expect you should have used protection.” He smirks, leaning on the wall of the club.

“Haha. That’s not helping!” Nick growls out as he paces before A.J.

“Look if you really believe the child is yours, then do the responsible thing and go see the kid. Besides its not like she wants to give you a chance, I mean you with Gen…”

“No.”

“No what? Dude you didn’t let me finish.” A.J. states: blowing out a puff of smoke from his mouth.

“No, about me and Gen I mean. I don’t know what’s going on with us and plus I think Farah wants to give us a chance again and when she touched me and said things God I knew why I cared for her so much.”

“Ohhh whoaaa. Hold up. You mean to tell me you would get back with Farah if you had the chance?”

“I don’t know J! I’m all messed up here man. I’m trying to figure something out, but this isn’t making it easy for me.”

A.J. exhales and drops the cigarette on the ground, stepping on it to extinguish it. Sighing, A.J shakes his head and eyes his friend. “Who would have thought you been in this problem?” He chuckles softly to himself.

“What? You think this is funny? Cause it ain’t.”

“Oh its funny dude. It’s real funny man, you have no idea.” A.J. smirks, rubbing his hands down the seam of his jean pockets.

“Whatever. I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I mean I like Genesis, she’s sweet and God she’s amazing, just everything about her is wow.” Nick smiles, reminding himself of Genesis’s soft lips on him, her gentle touches on his body and the way he feels whenever he’s kissing her, her hands roaming his body.

“And suddenly Farah comes and you’re stuck to figure things out right?” A.J. watches Nick nervously run a hand through his raven hair. Smiling, A.J. grins, “The dye is running low I see.”

Nick growls, “Screw the bet, I’ll pay ya whatever when its time.”

A.J. laughs, “Forget it. It’s all good. You ain’t gotta pay me back now. I’ll cancel that payment. I just wanted to see you change your hair color that’s all.”

Nick pauses in his pacing and smirks: “Dude you’re messed up in the head. You know that right?”

“Me? Oh wait, I’m not the one with female issues.” A.J. smirks. “At least I carry condoms around me all the time and watch my behavior. You’re the bad one Nicky. You banged her and banged her good that there is a little Nicky running around this world and that’s scary.”

“Shut up. You helped me in nothing.” Nick drums his fingers on the wall next to him.

“Hey that’s what friends are for right?” A.J. grins seeing Nick flip him off.

“A.J. what am I gonna do with Genesis?”

A.J. laughs, “Hehe, well I have a few suggestions…”

Nick interrupts him, “Real suggestions J.”

“Well hey I was gonna give you the advice.”

“No. you were gonna tell me to have sex with her and then do it again and again till the answer comes to me.”

A.J. breaks into a laugh, “Ahh dude, you know me too well. But actually.” He turns serious and grips Nick’s left shoulder, “You talk with Genesis about what happened to you. You know what you feel for her and the answer will come to you when you see how she responds. Nick, love comes in many ways. Sometimes if you look too hard you can miss it man. Don’t let Genesis go, she’s the only thing that got you loving life again. Farah had that effect and yeah she does hold your past. But guess what. She lost you, she let her fear get in the way of her feelings for you and she lost you. Nick: its time to let go of the past. Genesis is your present and God willing your future.” A.J. states: seeing a glow in Nick’s eyes.

“Wow, dude you got all smart on me man.” Nick jokes out, avoiding A.J.’s hit on his head. “But yeah thanks. That helped out…a lot.”

“Well good. Cause I give good advice once a week. The next time I’ll charge ya for it.” A.J. smirks, entering the club again waving at the security guards to join their friends again.

Nick sighs and approaches where Genesis and the rest of his friends are at as a hip hop music blast out. Suzy smiles and runs to A.J. Her flaming red hair was tied up in an elegant bun as she pulls him to the dance floor. “Just in time A.J.!”

A.J. laughs and nods his head at Nick’s direction, smiling as he follows Suzy to the dance floor.

Genesis eyes Nick and gently pokes him in the ribs as she stands besides him. “So…quality time with A.J.”

Nick smirks, “Yeah. To put it in better words, it was oddly disturbing and funny all at the same time.”

Genesis smirks and nods her head watching A.J. and Suzy dance. Howie and Angela laughs and joins A.J. and Suzy on the dance floor as Nadia and Joey come back to where Genesis is at.

“Hey girl! Go and dance! Hehe, show it off!” Nadia giggles as Joey waves at Nick.

“I gotta say I could never get those moves you did out there. Nadia claims I have two left feet, but dancing is well something I’m not too good at.” Joey smirks as the girls giggle and talk.

“Well I learned man, so you know there’s hope for ya.” Nick chuckles as Joey laughs along with him. And they watch their friends dancing and talking as Nick’s problem dwelled in his mind.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Haunting Decisions by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Haunting Decisions~**

The D.J. slows down the music as he speaks into the microphone on his headset: “Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for the last dance for tonight. Grab your partner and get ready to slow dance. Its all about the love here tonight and I’m about to bring it to ya. This D.J. Ray lying it down and putting ya at ease. Here is a little something to relax ya.” And he plays a ballad as crowds gather to their loved ones and sway to the music.

Genesis watches Kevin and Kristin cuddle and dance to the music, bringing a small smile on her face. Turning around she sees Joey and Nadia dancing softly to the ballad that seeped out of the speakers. Howie and Angela laugh and wrap each other’s arms around each other as they sway to the gentle music. A.J. and Suzy stepped out of the club as A.J. smirks at Nick’s directions.

Nick smiles and laughs, knowing exactly what was about to happen with his friend and date. He turns back around and sees Brian sitting on stool talking a young woman as the music calms the crowd down. Nick sighs and wraps an arm around Genesis’s shoulders as she looks up and smiles.

“Care for one more dance?” She whispers, her lips curve into a soft lip.

Nick chuckles, “I’m not sure, can you keep up with me?”

Genesis laughs, “Ahhh, the question should be can YOU keep up with me?”

“I can and will. Just watch.” Nick smirks, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her to him. They gently sway to the music as Genesis places her hands on his arms, gazing at him.

“I’m glad we did this.” She gazes at him, a twinkle in her eyes.

“Yeah. I never thought I could dance, let alone in front of people.”

“Well you made me proud Nick.” She smiles, feeling his arms pull her to him closer. She giggles and places her head on his chest, hearing his heart beat calm and peaceful against the music and her. Nick gazes down at her and smiles. He didn’t know what to think of tonight’s events. He had heard a while back that dancing is a way of communication without words: that the actions behind it meant more than words could ever express. Running his hands through her chocolate locks, the thoughts of Farah invaded his mind, swirling his emotions around leaving him thrown off and in search of some form of answer. He glances back at Genesis, feeling her arms wrap around his stomach, her hands crawling up on his back as he smirks and glances around. He sighs: if only he could stay like this, in peace, with him wrapped in her arms with no thoughts of his possible future as a father. Just as fast the music started, it ended and he had to break away from her as much as he didn’t want to. He feels Genesis gently rise her head and smile at him as she clasps her hands into his.

“What are you thinking about Nick?” She gently whispers, tugging him through the group that’s dispersing.

“Nothing important. Just a bit tired, that’s all.”

Genesis smirks, gazing at him, “Did I tire you out that much?”

Nick chuckles, “I still have some energy if you know what I’m talking about. And I don’t tire that easily in certain areas.”

Genesis breaks into a gentle laugh, nodding her head curiously. “You don’t say? Well that’s just got me wondering now.”

“Well wonder away, I have skills besides dancing.” Nick smiles, holding her hand as they exit the club and walk back to Genesis’s car.

“Did you enjoy yourself tonight?” She whispers, holding his hand.

Nick nods and playfully pouts, “Maybe…should I?”

“Yes, yes you should have. I didn’t take you out to this club for nothing if you didn’t enjoy yourself.” She runs her hands down her dark hair, tightening her grip on his hand.

Nick smirks as they approach her car and he swings her into his arms, staring into her light eyes. “Genesis, I need to ask you something.”

Genesis giggles, her hands crawling up to his chest, “Well ask away. Though I’m a little afraid of asking.”

Nick smirks, “Actually I need to know what are we? Are we dating or just working? I’m curious cause God knows I can’t stop thinking about you.”

“You think about me?” She whispers, smirking.

Nick nods, “Maybe…”

“I don’t know what we are. What do you want us to be? Can you see us dating?”

Nick gazes at her, running his thumb down her cheeks, breathing out, “Yeah, yeah I can. But what about you? Do you see us together, can you ever see that?”

Genesis clears her throat and brushes away from Nick’s touch, staring at the ground. “I’m not sure. I don’t know what I want with you.”

Nick sighs and backs away from her, hurt evident in his voice: “Right, right. Well, I’m gonna head out home. Kevin will get pissed if I get home later than him and the others guys.” And he looks around to see his friends board Kevin’s forest green SUV ready to take off. He was about to walk away to catch up to his friends before they would leave when he feels Genesis’s grab his hand.

“Wait. Look, Nick I just need time to see where I see this relationship going.”

“Yeah well, time isn’t exactly in my hands. I have this week left before I go back home. I’m hoping you can decide then before it’s too late. Cause personally I can’t wait forever and I’m not going too.” Nick whispers, knowing he personally blurted that statement out to hurt her.

Genesis gulps: remaining quiet as she unlocks her car door, staring at him: quickly waving as she slides into her seat and locks the door behind her.

Nick sighs and guiltily whispers out a ‘sorry’ but it was too late for Genesis already started the car and pulled away from the lot, leaving Nick alone to ponder in his thoughts.

Howie shakes his heads as A.J. leans out the window calling their friend over.

“Yo Nick! Come on! Let’s go home man. We have to drop the ladies along the way.” A.J. peers at him, wondering what exactly could have happened that send Genesis to drive away leaving him there.

Nick shakes his head, “Uhhh, that’s alright. I have to make a phone call before I get home to you guys.”

“Dude just make the call along the way with us.” A.J. yells out, calling Nick over to them.

Kevin slumps back into the backseat with Kristin giggling as they talk quietly together, he eyes Nick out of the window and sighs. “Maybe we can come back for him if he wants to hang around here a little more.”

“Why? Nick, get your behind in here!” Brian growls out from the driver’s seat.

Nick shakes his head, “Don’t worry about me. Get the girls home. I’ll see ya there shortly aight?”

Brian narrows his eyes and sighs, pulling the SUV out of the lot, “Call us if you can’t get a ride back ok?”

Nick nods and waves them off, sitting on the curb of a sidewalk.

Nadia and Joey make their way over to Joey’s black Jaguar, glancing over to see Nick sitting on a curb in the parking lot like he was lost.

“Hey Nick, where’s Genesis?” Nadia asks as Joey unlocks his car and opens the passenger side door for her.

Nick gazes at them surprised and shakes head, “She left.”

“Left? And you didn’t get a ride with her?” Nadia asks curiously, seeing Joey slide into the driver’s seat.

“No. I think she has different plans and went straight home I guess.” Nick starts annoyed, shoving his hands into his front jean pockets.

“That’s weird. Why would she leave you alone here?”

“I was thinking the same thing.” Nick shrugs his shoulders as Nadia goes over to him, taking a seat next to him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she sighs and glazes at him. “Nick, I know you guys are interested in each other. And whether Genesis chooses to tell you or not that’s not up to me. I just hope that you don’t give up on her. She’s been through a lot in relationships and its hard for her to trust another man. She needs time and…and I know time is not a good thing since you have like a week or so before heading back to your home in Florida, but just be friend even if you want more. She needs that Nick and well…well I can only reach to her at times. But you, you Nick there’s something there that Genesis is drawn too and can rely on and that’s something solid. Something I don’t think she felt for a long time since she dated that friend of yours.”

Nick stares at the dark velvet sky and smiles, gazing at her: “You mean Kevin?”

She nods, her eyes locked on him.

“I think maybe I’m falling for her more than I thought.”

“Then maybe you should tell her.” Nadia gets up hearing Joey calling her back.

“I tried. But it’s not that easy.” Nick claps his hands, his elbows resting on his knees as he looks at Nadia.

“No one said falling in love was going to be easy Nick.” She smiles, heading back to the car, boarding it. Joey and Nadia pull away and Joey slows the car down in front of Nick.

“Come on. I’ll take ya home man.” Joey smiles, tilting his head.

Nick smiles, “You sure I won’t be a bother?”

Nadia laughs, “Not at all. Let’s get you home before the guys break their necks wondering what happened to you.”

“Good idea.” Nick smirks, standing up and opening the back side door, sliding into the backseat.
~*~

She didn’t know where she was going. She needed to get away. Nick’s words taunt her as she drives down another lane, passing houses, the sound of the beach waves splashing gently on the shore. ‘Cause personally I can’t wait forever and I’m not going too.’ His words, the last he said as she was boarding the car and left him there. It was cruel and meaningful. She couldn’t believe he would say that as if she was to drop her life and stop everything for him. Who did he think he was? Because he offered to help was she suppose to now bow down and worship him. Well he found the wrong woman to pull that off with. Genesis lets her thoughts wonder around as she finds a spot to park. She sniffs as she feels her eyes tear up, the hot stinging feeling invading her eyes as she pulls over to the roadside and parks. The hot tears sprang down her lids and roll quickly down her cheeks. “Then don’t wait. Is that what you want?! Then don’t wait!” She cries out to herself, looking around the quiet roadside, every once in while a car would pass by her. Her hands grip around the steering wheel tightly as she sniffs and lets the tears stain her cheeks. She didn’t have time to put up with things like this. Maybe she was expecting the perfect man, but in reality Nick can as close as her ideal man could ever be. But his attitude tonight ruined it. Something was on his mind as well, she would note how he seemed dazed at times as if something was bothering him. And what made it more hurtful was the fact he didn’t tell her about what could be bothering him. She thought she made it clear to talk with her about things but she guess she was wrong.

She wipes away the tears that trailed down her lips as she wraps her arms around herself, feeling a chill sweep down her body. She leans back in her seat and watches the beach, the waves splashing gently, uniting with the shore as one. She smiles through her tears, a peaceful feeling engulfs her as she watches the sight. The early sounds of the seagulls fluttering near the shore fill the dark sky quietly as Genesis closes her eyes for a moment, wondering if she was overreacting again. Maybe she misled Nick, what did she want from him? And why was she so surprised to hear it from him? She knew why, she wasn’t sure if she was ready for a relationship, Nick to her seemed too good to be true. She didn’t want to get into a relationship with him and ruin it for the both of them. She wanted something solid to hold on too and knowing Nick would leave when the competition is done and over with, made her wonder what will happen afterwards. She wasn’t ready to get her heart broken, Nick will leave and that was the end of the story. Would he even remember her? Call her? Write to her? Maybe even one day see her again? She didn’t know and she hated the possibilities.

She exhales slowly and starts the car up again, pulling away from the roadside and turns the car around back to her beach house to get some rest.
~*~

Nick smiles as Nadia and Joey tried to joke and ease Nick down, but nothing was working. He eyes the window, watching the passing houses besides him, remaining silent, the thoughts wondering around him. Digging though his pockets and messing with his cell phone, he finds Farah’s phone number in his cell. His heart stopped for a moment and wondered if he should call her, maybe even see this so called child that was suppose to be his. He could always find out later if the child really is his, there are tests and such to prove that. Clearing his throat, he dials the number as Nadia turns on the radio, drowning out the conversation around the car. Smiling, he was glad for that sudden luck and leans back in the backseat, glancing around at Joey laughing and driving them back to Kevin’s cabin. He gulps, hearing the ringing of the phone as it was answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Farah? It’s me Nick.”

“Ohhh hey Nick!” Farah lets out a sigh of relief as she giggles. “I’m glad you called me. Are you ok?”

“Ohhh yeah yeah, I’m just curious if maybe we can meet or something to see Andy.”

“Awww, well when do you want to see Andy? Tomorrow?”

“Ummmm… I was thinking right now.”

“Right right now?” Farah asks, rocking her son’s crib quietly.

“Well if its gonna be a bother then I guess I’ll have to see when I have time again to see him.” Nick slumps back in the seat, gazing out the window as Nadia breaks into a loud laugh over something Joey said.

“Wait, look if you mean it, then I’ll give you the directions.”

“Ok. Yeah I want to see him.” Nick fiddles with the seam of his jeans.

Farah smiles, “Ok.” And she gives him the address, he quickly pulls out a pen from his pocket and scribbles down the address on his arm.

“Aight, I got it.”

“Alright. What time should I be expecting you?” Farah crosses over to the crib and smiles down at the infant sleeping soundly.

“Give me an hour. I got to get home and change and stuff.” Nick states, not knowing what he was doing. He needed a distraction, something that would get his mind off what happened with him and Genesis and this could be it.

Farah smiles, “Alright, so I’ll see ya here shortly then ok.”

“Aight, see ya then. Bye.” And he hangs up, seeing Nadia waves her arms to the blasting music. Sighing, he leans in the seat and closes his eyes. He managed to have taken a small nap as the car pulls up to Kevin’s driveway.

“Pshhhh. Hey Nick we’re here.” Nadia’s gently voice cuts into his sleep. He slowly opens his eyes and sits up, smiling.

“Oh aight. Thanks guys.”

“No problem. And hey Nick don’t let what happened to Gen get to ya. She’s a hard girl to understand. I should know and I’m a girl myself.” Nadia smirks as Nick laughs, exiting the vehicle.

“Aight, I’ll see ya guys later then. Night.” Nick waves at them as they laugh and wave, exiting the driveway and pulling away from the cabin as they drive away, disappearing further down the road.

Nick sighs and heads up the three steps to the porch, pulling out a spare copy of the keys to unlock the front door. Stepping into the cabin, he quickly makes his way pass the dark living room and enters his shared bedroom, looking for clothes to change into. He managed to have made it shortly after the other guys had arrived but they seemed so tired that all four of them were already sleeping in their rooms. Nick yawns quickly and gazes at the mirror, fixing the navy blue tank top and beige cargo shorts. Running his hands through his dyed raven spikes, he sighs and was about to step out of the room when he hears laughing coming from Brian’s bed.

Narrowing his eyes, he stands at the threshold to see Brian sit up and smirk.

“Alright, spit it out. Where you heading?” Brian’s azure orbs glitter in excitement.

“Outside.” Nick smirks, leaving the room.

Brian sucks his teeth and follows Nick, “Aww, come on, tell me. I wanna know. Is everything ok? I mean it had to be weird at the club and stuff seeing miss Farah.”

Nick sighs, rubbing his eyes: “Ask A.J. I have to head out. I’ll be back in an hour. I’m not planning on staying long ok?”

“What does A.J. have to do with any of this? Can you least tell me where you’re going?” Brian mutters, following Nick to the front door as Nick steps out, leaning on the threshold.

“Look it’s a complicated issue. I told A.J. already, so he can fill you in on it later k? I have to go. It’s already getting too late. I’ll see ya shortly k?” And without waiting for Brian’s response, he leaps off the front steps and races over the rented ford focus, sliding into the seat and pulling away, speeding off away from the cabin.

Brian shakes head, hearing A.J. behind him eyeing him curiously. “Well that interesting. Care to fill me in on it?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” A.J. smirks, slipping into the bathroom.

“Haha, real funny Alex, what is it? What’s up with Nick?” Brian persisted, leaning on the wall next to the closed bathroom.

A.J.’s voice echoes in the bathroom as he laughs. “Dude, you’ll never believe it if I told ya.”

“Try me.” Brian smirks, watching the bathroom door open, watching A.J. slip out of it. Brian stands in front of A.J. blocking him from going anywhere. “Nick told me to go to you. Is he in trouble?” He asks worriedly.

“Well if you consider being a father trouble then yeah.” A.J. tries to step to his left as Brian does the same, blocking him, letting the idea hit him.

“Father?! What? Explain now A.J.!”

“Shhhh… you gonna wake up Howie and Kevin.” A.J. smirks, trying to walk back to his room.

Brian grabs A.J.’s arm and smirks, “Father? Do you mean something went down with him and Farah?”

A.J. smirks, “Look, all I’m saying is Nicky did something naughty that he now has to pay for his actions.”

Brian licks his lips, nodding his head, “Why didn’t he tell us this?”

“I just found out tonight, like he did. Seems Farah was hiding that little secret and now Nicky gotta figure it all out.”

“Ahhh man. Wow. No wonder he seemed out of it tonight. It had to be Farah. I knew she was up to no good.” Brian murmurs, entering his shared room with Nick.

“Yeah well. Who knows what the deal is behind that? That could be her excuse to win Nick back. That or she’s just desperate.” A.J. shrugs his shoulders, entering his shared room with Howie. “I’ll talk to ya later today aight. Night.”

“Night.” Brian whispers, closing the door behind him as he makes his way back to his bed.
~*~

Genesis pulls up to her house, parking her car on the driveway. Sighing, she quickly exits the car and races up the front stairs to the front door. She sleepily pulls out the house keys and yawning, stumbles into the house and locks the door behind. She enters her shared bedroom to see Nadia already sleeping away in her own bed. Genesis exhales and strips off her clothes, changing into some pajama shorts and tank top. Yanking the bed covers off, she slides onto the soft cool cotton sheets of the bed and smiles in relief. Sleep has never been this welcoming as she closes her eyes. Suddenly she hears her name whispered out in the room.

“Gen…Gen…you up? I know you are. You just came in. I wanna talk to you. Gen? Gen?” Nadia whispers out annoyed.

Genesis groans and rolls on her side, throwing the cool cotton sheets over her whole body, burying herself under it.

“Oh stop it. I had to give Nick a lift today, why did you leave his behind back at the club?” Nadia grumbles, sitting up in her bed, staring at the dark bump under the sheets across from her.

Genesis grumbles and whispers something incoherent before she yanks the covers off her and sits up, glaring at Nadia. “Maybe cause I felt like it. He’s not my man Dee, I don’t have to take him with me all the time you know.”

Nadia rolls her eyes and gets off her bed, flopping down on Genesis’s bed and turning on the lights on the night stand next to her. She stares at her friend and shakes her head. “Are you for real Gen? You mean to tell me that after all that time you’ve been with him, you not feeling him?”

Genesis grumbles and leans back in the pillow staring at the ceiling: “You know what he said to me tonight?”

Nadia sighs and shakes her head, leaning back in the bed, throwing her legs on the bed. “What was it?”

“He said that he’s giving me time but he won’t wait forever, in fact he’s waiting ‘til this week for me to know what I want from him.” Genesis exhales slowly.

“Well what’s wrong with that?”

“What do you mean what’s wrong with that?! Hello he thinks I’m suppose to be head over heels with him just ‘cause we kissed and stuff.”

“Stuff?” Nadia perks up, “What exactly have you guys been doing lately that would make Nick think that?”

Genesis caught off guard, stares at the sheets on her legs, nibbling on her lip. “Just kissing. Nothing more.”

“You sure?” Nadia asks cautiously.

Genesis glares at her friend and nods her head, “Yes, I’m sure.”

Nadia places her hand on her friend’s hand: “Its hard for the both of you, especially you cause of what happened with your past relationships, but you gotta stop playing around with Nick. I really do think he’s trying his best to make things for you guys work. He was guilty when you left him, he thought it was all his fault and kept blaming himself for why you drove away.”

Genesis closes her eyes, sliding further into the bed. “I don’t want to talk about this right now. I’m so tired. Maybe I just wasn’t ready to be forced into a relationship. I like what I have with Nick now. I don’t want to rush anything and then get my heart broken when he leaves. I can’t have that happen. I promised myself I wouldn’t let a man take over me again. It hurts when that happens.”

Nadia gives her friend a comforting hug and lies beside her, “Gen you can’t let what happened in the past destroy your present and future with Nick.”

“Future? Who said there will be a future?” Genesis sleepily mumbles.

“I did and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks it. Look I’ll let you sleep, you’re practically passed out as I’m talking to ya, but you need to think through this. Don’t let a good man leave you ‘cause you’re too afraid of taking a chance. Night.” She kisses Genesis’s cheek and crawls over to her bed across from hers, pulling on the blanket.

“Night Dee.” And Genesis welcomes the gentle sleep to embrace her.
~*~

Nick drives down the highway and pulls out into the exit, driving down a street. He looks around and finds a tall brick condo apartment building about a few miles away from where he was at. Quickly winding his way through the twisted streets, he pulls up the condo and finds a parking place across the building. Leaping out of the car, he reaches to the building, checking the number 1515 on it. Entering the glass doors, he looks for Farah’s apartment number 12B and pushes the intercom button. In a few, he hears a buzzing and he opens the second glass door, entering the building. He hurries to the elevators and catches one to the twelfth floor, quickly hurrying down the hallway and finding her apartment door. Gulping, he raises his hand to push the alarm on her door but is surprised to see the door swing open as Farah looking more beautiful that he can imagine smiling at him. She was still wearing the same outfit from the club only she was barefooted and she holds the door open, allowing Nick to enter her place.

Nick smiles and gazes around, impressed at the place.

“You look surprise I could afford a place like this.” Farah smirks, closing the door behind her. “Well Andy just fell asleep, but I can show you him anyway. Be quiet though, he’s a pain to sleep like someone I know.” She smirks, her blonde tendrils falling over her shoulders. Nick follows her down the crème colored tile hallway and enters her bedroom where the infant’s white crib was located. He watches Farah lean over a pile of blue and green bundle of blankets, lifting the small person out of the crib. Smiling, she eyes Nick and whispers quietly so as not to disturb the baby. “Come here Nick. Look.”

Nick walks over to her and gazes at the bundle smiling. He gasps and rolled his eyes over the child’s face. It was disturbing to see that same face he had when he himself was a baby.

“Identical isn’t he? She whispers to Nick.

Nick gulps, nodding his head as Farah sits on the edge of her unmade bed, cradling the infant.

“Come, hold Andy.” She whispers, patting at the empty side of her so he can sit.

Nick gulps and does as told, eying the infant slowly.

Farah hands the infant over to him as Nick cradles Andy, fearing the baby will wake up crying.

“Just hold his head like this, he likes it when you do that.” She whispers, fixing Nick’s hands so he was cradling the infant properly. “So do you believe me now? He looks just like you.”

Nick sighs and gazes at the infant, smiling. His traces his index finger and touches the sleeping infant’s cheeks, smiling. “I, I’m not sure what to think. Farah, this can’t be my kid. Sure he looks like me, but, but it can’t be.”

Farah straightens up, “Why? Why can’t it be? You’re not sterile Nick and I’m not. So why do you find the fact that you created another human being not real?”

Nick shakes his head and sighs, “I just don’t know what to think.”

Farah nods, gently taking the infant and placing him back in the crib. “I know it’s still a shock for you. I should have been more mature about this and handle it properly. I should have told you when I had the chance. But I didn’t and I’m sorry.”

Nick stands up and brushes a lock of Farah’s golden tendrils behind her ears. “It’s alright. It must have been crazy gong through that alone. I just, I just don’t know what to do. Farah, I still don’t think this could be my kid, I, I don’t know.” He whispers out nervously. “I can’t support this baby like I want to: I’m not ready to be a parent Farah.” He chokes out, gazing at the infant sleeping.

“And what? You think I asked to be a mother. It takes two Nick, I can’t get pregnant on my own. I’m just asking you to be a part of his life. This is your son whether you think so or not. And all the tests you take will tell you what I already know.” Farah wraps Andy up, stroking his little head: the little fair colored baby fine hair was slowly growing in.

Nick rubs his eyes, sighing. “This is a mess.”

Farah exhales and exits her room along with Nick, closing the door behind her.

“Nick, I guess I’m glad to see you here. The fact that you came here on your own means a lot to me.”

Nick nods and yawns, “Yeah thanks. I guess what you said hit home to me.”

“Nick, I want us to start over again.”

“What?” Nick squeaks out.

“You and me. Nick, I love you and seeing you again tonight proved it. This is why I wanted to be with you back on the first day we met.” She whispers, running her fingers through his black spikes. Smiling, she giggles, “You went black on me. I like your natural hair color.”

Nick smirks, allowing her to touch him as he stares at her. “I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to get together. I’ll help out with Andy as much as I can, but you and I, I don’t see us being together.”

Farah pulls her hand away from his hair and frowns, “Nick I know. I’m just being honest with you. And I’m just grateful you’re in this child’s life. Maybe you can stay over, it’s already late and you look really tired.”

Nick gulps, shaking his head, “Thanks, but I already told the guys I would be home. I don’t want them getting all concerned and stuff.”

“You didn’t tell them did you?” Farah takes a seat in the small lavish living room.

Nick shakes his head, “No. I didn’t want them to worry or something.”

“Ohhhh ok.”

Nick nods and turns to head to the front door when he feels Farah touch his back.

“Nick wait.”

“What?” He turns to look at her as she quickly leans into him and kisses him slowly, tasting every bit of his soul with that kiss. Nick opens his eyes and breathes out, seeing her pull away. He licks his lips and gasps, touching his lips.

She smiles and opens the door. “Get home safe ok. We’ll meet up later when Andy wakes up ok.”

Nick still in shock from her action, simply nods and stumbles out of the door. Waving bye, she closes the door and he stands there, staring at the door in shock. “What the hell just happened?” He whispers to himself, touching his lips as he slowly makes his way back to the elevator bank.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Yearning For Understanding by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Yearning For Understanding~**

The front door creek open slowly as he gulps, slowly sliding into the cabin quietly. Making his way back to his shared bedroom, he sighs and enters the bedroom, quickly burying himself under the cool cotton sheets. He seemed lost and confused, the kiss told a different story to him. It was like reopening old wounds. God her lips on his, it was like complete ecstasy for him. There was something still there that he knew. The way her lips reached out to know and search him, to read his emotions, to ponder at his thoughts. It was unusual, the only other time he felt this way about one simple touch on the lips was with Genesis. What is going on? He can’t figure it out. He wants to be with Genesis now more than ever yet she seems resistant and he was willing to wait even on the last day this Saturday when he would take his flight back home. He longed to be near Genesis but now, with that kiss from Farah, fireworks were seen again and his heart is left in confusion.

“God I hate this.” He whispers to himself. He closes his eyes and what seemed like a few minutes later to him, he hears Brian’s voice.

“Nick.”

Nick tugs on the sheet, trying to get back to sleep but again his name is called out.

“Nick. You’re awake, I know you are.”

“Leave me alone Rok.” Nick grumbles forcing himself back to sleep.

“You slept for a while, it’s mid afternoon already. Get up.” Brian smirks, yanking the sheets off Nick.

Nick groans and sits up, rubbing his bleary eyes gently, “Damn, already. It’s what time?”

“Two, now go get cleaned up and get something to eat. We’re all gonna have a nice long talk afterwards.” Brian seriously whispers, walking to the bedroom door and opening it.

“He told you?” Nick states, gulping down the anxiety that was rising in the pit of his abdomen.

“Sort of. I need you to clarify to all of us.” Brian holds the copper knob in his hands as he stands in the threshold.

“All of us?” Nick nervously whispers out.

“Yes, me, A.J., Howie and Kevin.”

“Kevin…” Nick whispers, knowing this will be a tense discussion.

“Yeah, now get ready, I’m giving you fifteen minutes till I have to drag your behind to the den to the rest of us.” Brian smirks, exiting the room, leaving Nick at a lost.

Cursing quietly under his breath, Nick gets up and gathers a forest green t-shirt and some long black jean shorts, getting dressed.
~*~

A.J. raises his eyebrows at Brian and glances over at Kevin who was leaning back in the sofa, arms crossed over his chest. “Well, is Nicky boy alright? No hang- overs or stuff?”

“Na, he’s ok. Just looks scared as hell.” Brian murmurs, taking a seat across in an available sofa.

Howie sighs and drums his fingers on his lap, his dark eyes scanning the others. Brian seemed lost and confused while A.J. seemed content as if he knew what was going on with their friend but fully refused to squeal out Nick since this problem was deeper than he can talk about.

Kevin looked annoyed to point as if this was taking up his time with his now serious girlfriend.

A.J. smirks, kicking his legs up on the coffee table.

Kevin grumbles and swipes A.J.’s feet off the small table. “Don’t you dare. I want no feet on this. This baby is an antique and I can’t have you ruin it or mistreat it.”

The others chuckle softly as Kevin eases down and smirks.

“Yes daddy. We’ll behave now.” Brian snickers as A.J. sits up in the couch, sticking his tongue out.

“Nick! Any day now would be good.” Howie calls out the closed bedroom where Nick was getting ready.

A.J. snorts and gazes at his chipped black fingernails, running it down the seams of his ripped jeans. “Maybe he’s jacking off or something.”

Kevin smirks as Howie withholds back a laughter.

“Alex! Stop that.” Brian struggles to hold back his laughter as he sits up, tapping his foot on the wooden planks beneath him.

Suddenly Nick’s bedroom door slowly opens as all eyes fix glue to the figure coming out of it. Nick gulps and waves, entering the bathroom and coming out of it a few minutes later with brushed teeth. Clicking his tongue gently on the roof his mouth, Nick stares at the others as he enters the kitchen to get something to eat.

“Maybe it’s just me, but I wanna take him and shake his shoulders so he can already talk and tell us what’s going on.” Kevin murmurs, flicking a moth ball off his jean shorts.

“Haha, that could always be option 2.” Howie states, watching Nick come back into the den to join them with a sandwich and a drink in his hand.

“Alright. Well glad you can join us Nicky. Come. Take a seat, let us reunite and talk.” A.J. grins evilly, patting a vacant space next to him on the sofa.

“Ummmm…uhhh maybe I’ll stand. I’m alright.” Nick states, nibbling on his ham and cheese sandwich suddenly losing his appetite.

Brian sighs and no longer holding back, breaks the conversation open: “Nick A.J. told us what’s going with you and Farah.”

Nick sighs out in relief, glad he wasn’t the one to break the news to them, but he kind of wish A.J. never mentioned it to any of them.

“Look I’m not sure how to explain what happened. Farah came up to me last night guys and claim the reason she wasn’t with me cause she was pregnant with my kid.” He whispers out slowly, guilt ridden, he concentrates on his sandwich, forcing himself to eat it so he can be distracted for a moment.

Kevin sits up and gazes at him curiously, “Pregnant with your child?”

“Yeah I know. Sounds hard to believe. Just imagine what I was thinking.” Nick gloomy responds.

Howie sighs, shaking his head. “Ok, so she told you that. But how do you know that her kid is really yours?”

Nick forces a gulp of his sandwich down his throat as the food in his mouth suddenly felt like chewing on sandpaper, the anxiety racing through him.

“I, I’m not sure. She told the date around that time when we were together. In a way it kind of adds up guys. And as much as I hate to admit it, the child looks identical to me when I was a baby.” Nick whispers.

Kevin smirks and shakes his head, “That’s impossible. Nick did she ever tell you she’s sterile. That she can’t bear a child. She was never pregnant ‘cause she can’t be physically. The incident when she was young left her without the ability to bear for a child.”

The others narrow their eyes and gaze at their friend strangely.

“And you know this cause?” A.J, pipes up, lowering his trucker’s hat over his eyes.

“My mom is close friends to her mom, forgot? Hell I was the one that introduced Farah to Nick in case you don’t remember.” Kevin sits up, smiling, seeing a look of relief escape Nick’s face.

“But wait…why wouldn’t she tell me about that? I mean Kevin…the kid…you just had to see it. It was like me and…” Nick gets interrupted by the loud shrieking on the house phone as Kevin sighs.

“Hold that thought Nick. Be right back.” Kevin states, maneuvering his way to answer the ringing phone on the wall.

“So she’s sterile? Man that sucks for her then.” Howie states, a tooth pick hanging on his lips as he chews on it pensively.

“She can’t be sterile. Guys, I, she would have told me about that.” Nick responds confused.

“And where did the baby come from?” Brian ponders, crossing his feet at his ankles.

“Didn’t I say something was up with that chick? Look Nick, she wants you, we all know that. So blow her off already and get with that dancing chick Genesis.” A.J. lounges back in the sofa, placing his arms on either side of him on the top of the sofa.

“She’s just after you for something Nick.” Kevin mumbles, coming back after hanging up his phone.

“Hehe, yeah we all know what something she wants.” A.J. snickers, propping a leg back on the coffee table. He feels Kevin’s heated eyes on him as he happily wiggles his sneaker foot on top of the table.

“No. I don’t get it. Why claim that and then get a kid? Where could she have gotten a child like that, that looks so much like me?” Nick states, no longer eating the sandwich, it was too late, his appetite for the first time left him and eating it now felt like a chore which he wasn’t on planning on doing yet.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders, “Well whatever she has planned must be working, for a moment there I thought I lost ya. Look Nick, I’m sure of it, she can’t get pregnant, her mother knows for God’s sake. So you know she’s lying to you. But for what I don’t know. As for the whole baby thing, she’s really trying her best to find a way back into your life. I know Farah has a good heart. She’s not all crazy and stuff, but maybe with the idea of you maybe leaving her one day got to her and she needed something that would have you running back to her. Hence the kid.”

Nick stands there thrown off, shaken by the reason why his ex-girlfriend would come up and personally tell him about bearing his child if she couldn’t get pregnant. “But, but she was ill and stuff during the time when we were dating, like you know the common symptoms of pregnancy which of course I had no clue about back then.”

“Yeah what about that Kevin cause the whole sterile thing sounds too fake.” A.J. leans back in the couch, his leg still propped up on the table.

Kevin smirks and swings A.J.’s leg off as he crosses over and takes a seat in a single couch. Sighing, he shakes his head, “Look, I didn’t want to say anything about this. And I don’t think I have the right too. All I can say is that Farah needs help. You have to talk to her about it, maybe she’ll tell you Nick.”

“Oh nooo. I’m not going back there to see her again…” Pauses and curses at his mistake as Kevin narrows his eyes at him.

“You went to her place last night?” Kevin moves to the edge of his seat, staring at Nick curiously.

Nick sighs and nods, “Yeah, I wanted to see if it was true. Plus I needed time to thing about Genesis.”

A.J. cackles suddenly, a huge grin on his handsome face as he claps his hands together. “Two girls going after Nick, I never thought I would see Nick as a player.”

“Shut up!” Nick growls out, eying him: considering throwing the barely eaten sandwich at A.J.

“Alright, alright guys.” Kevin sighs, gazing at Nick, “Well now we know the story and so do you. You have a choice. Find out what’s wrong with Farah before telling Genesis ok?”

“Huh? Oh noo. Wait, I can’t tell that to Gen. She’ll never believe it. Look she’s already pissed with me last night.”

Howie smirks, “I think we all noticed when she ditched you at the parking lot last night.”

Nick sighs as Brian gets up and takes the sandwich away, tossing it into a waste basket near them. “Nick, we’ll leave ya be. I know this is your issue and I’m sure you don’t want all of us in it. You’re a grown man and the last you want is a bunch of your friends trying to baby you and stuff.” He pats Nick’s shoulder, before entering the kitchen and disappearing behind the swinging door.

Howie nods, “Brian’s right. I mean if you want to talk to any of us, we’ll be glad to listen man. But we won’t force any of that stuff on ya k?”

Nick nods and sighs, slumping into a seat, the ice soda still cold and fresh in his cup.

A.J. yawns and plops next to Nick gazing at his friend. “And if you want to tell me anything, I won’t blurt it out. See, I didn’t say much to anyone. You should feel glad I didn’t open my big mouth.” He grins.

Nick snort and snickers, pushing A.J. gently, “Yeah I gotta admit you did good on that. In fact it’s a surprise, but I’m glad you did it that way.”

Kevin and Howie gaze at them and laugh gently.

“Kev, I don’t get why Farah would do that to Nick.” Howie whispers next to Kevin.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders, “Like I said, something is wrong with her.” Sighing and knowing he can trust Howie with the serious issue he whispers it to him. “Farah has been known to be a frequent liar. She had a tough childhood and stuff and I think her lying get to the best of her. I think what’s going on with her when she saw Nick leave is she had to find a way to keep a reign on him somehow. So what’s better than claiming to be pregnant and then saying to the ‘dad’ he has a son.”

Howie narrows his eyes, “Well it was her choice right about them not being together. So why now does she decide to have him?”

“Guess she realized what she had after Nick left her.” Kevin states quietly to Howie, watching Nick and A.J. joke about something.
~*~

Genesis yawns, sitting up and throwing the covers off. Yawning quietly, she slides off her bed and shuffles over to the bathroom, getting ready for the day. She can hear the soft music blaring out from the kitchen as Nadia sings loudly, twirling around preparing some lunch. Smirking, Genesis exits the bedroom and leans on the kitchen threshold watching Nadia twirl around happily with a small smear of batter on her cheek as she cleans up the mess of making late afternoon pancakes with chocolate chips.

Giggling, Genesis watches her friend who doesn’t seem to notice that she’s looking at her dancing.

Nadia hums and twirls, stopping and looking alarmed to see Genesis looking at her goof off. Embarrassed, Nadia clears her throat and smoothes out her apron, untying it and tossing it on the chair. “Well, uhhh, yeah. Hiya.” She smiles, her tan cheeks give off a hint of embarrassment against her burning red cheeks.

Giggling, Genesis straighten up, “Well thanks for the free entertainment Dee.”

“Shut up.” Nadia smirks, flinging a piece of the pancake mix at Genesis.

“So cooking at this time? It’s a little late for breakfast don’t ya think?” Genesis smiles: settling down in a kitchen chair, stretching out her tired limbs.

“So? Pancakes aren’t specifically for breakfast you know. I was in the mood Gen, don’t ruin it.” Nadia giggles, adjusting her mini red bra shirt.

“Aight, just letting ya know girl.”

“Hehe. But glad you’re up. I wanted to talk to you about last night.” Nadia states: pouring the mix out onto a frying pan.

Genesis sighs, “You still remember about that? It’s not important.”

“Yes it is. If it’s worrying you then it’s important for me ‘cause you shouldn’t be losing your mind over a guy.” Nadia glances back her friend before scooping out the remaining mix clinging to the bowl in her hands with a spoon.

Genesis sighs and tugs on a strand of her chocolate chair, gazing at the harsh florescent light above her. “I don’t know what to think.”

“What’s there to think about? You have a hot guy enter your world suddenly and now you can’t figure out if you want to be with him. Gen he has the hotts for ya, so make it official already and get with him. Hehe, maybe he’s a great lover as he is dancer. Maybe he can show you a few move show you don’t know.” Nadia twirls the wooden spoon in her hands as she smiles curiously, letting the thought enter her mind.

Genesis breaks into a soft laugh, shaking her head, “You seem to have your mind in the gutter today now don’t ya?”

“So? Please like you didn’t think of wondering what’s he like in bed.” Nadia rolls her eyes, watching a smirk cross Genesis’s face.

“Ahhh ha! You did think about it, didn’t you?!” Nadia squeals out, holding back a laugh as she turns on the stove watching the pancakes heat up.

“Shut up!” Genesis laughs, picking at her hair with an amused look on her face.

“I can already see it: Yeah Nicky, take me in the back, take me front, now stop, and do all over again.” Nadia chants out, laughing, swinging her hips in a circle sending Genesis into fits of laughter.

“Ohh girl stop!” Genesis states between laughter, holding her side as cramps invaded her body.

Nadia smirks and takes a seat across from her friend and gazes at her, tossing her black curls behind her shoulders and clasping her hands in front of her on the kitchen table. “So what will it be for Nicky boy? Made your choice yet?”

Genesis with a smirk on her face, glances around the kitchen, thoughts flooding her mind. “I already made my choice.”

“Hehe, oh please do tell!” Nadia leans closer, her dark eyes brightly glittering in excitement.

Genesis smiles and pats Nadia’s hand as she calmly states out, “I think its better that me and Nick should remain friends.”

Nadia’s mouth drops open, utterly surprised at the response. “What? Noo! That can’t be. You’re suppose to say: ‘ yes I want him and I want him now!’ That’s not the answer I was looking for Gen!”

Genesis nods, “I know. But I think it’s for the best. Dee, like you and he said, a few days its all be over and what do I have but his memory. So before I take another leap into a relationship, this has to be the way.”

“NOO!” Nadia squeals out, grabbing her friend by the shoulders and shaking it. “Have you lost your mind? You must have! Hello girl, he likes you and I know you’re lying to me and yourself. Stop denying it, you so want to be with him!”

Sighing, Genesis leans back in her chair, tugging on strand of her hair, shrugging her shoulders: “I just think its better this way. No one will get hurt anymore.”

Nadia rolls her eyes and stands up, pushing the seat away from her. “I can’t believe I’m hearing this from you! So that’s it huh? You’re just gonna run away from him and this so called relationship cause you’re afraid of maybe falling in love with him?”

Genesis sucks her teeth, sitting up and narrowing her eyes at Nadia, “I’m not running away from anything! And who says I’m falling in love in him?!” She softy yells out, trying to control her swirling emotions.

“You! That’s who! Gen don’t play yourself, you know you like him…a lot and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just saying be a woman and take that chance. What are you afraid of?”

“I’m afraid that he’ll leave me, afraid of him forgetting about me, afraid that he won’t remember who I am next month. Afraid of him leaving me forever when next Wednesday comes. Afraid…” She pauses, controlling herself as she hears her heart banging uncontrollable against her chest, “Afraid that he won’t ever feel the way I do about him with me.”

Nadia exhales and smiles, crossing over to Genesis and embracing her tightly: “It’s ok to be afraid of all those things. But you need to talk to him, let him know. He has the right to know don’t you think?”

“Noooo… No I can’t say that to him!” Genesis whispers out in alarm. “He’ll think it’s too much or something. I can’t have that…”

“Gen hush now. Listen to yourself jumping to conclusions. Talk with him, let him know before it’s too late. I can’t stand seeing you mope around this place over a guy.” Nadia smirks, placing an arm on her friend’s shoulders.

Smirking, Genesis pokes Nadia’s ribs and hugs her back. “I don’t mope.”

“Uhh yeah you do.” Nadia giggles, moving to the frying pan to flip the pancakes over.

“Shut up. Whatever. I’ll talk with him today when we see each other for rehearsal.” Genesis finally concludes, slamming her hand gently on the table as if to make her final statement on the topic.

Nadia nods and smiles: “That’s my girl! Taking action now.”

“Well glad ya happy.” Genesis smirks, leaning back in her chair. “So the pancakes done? I’m hungry.”

Nadia nods and starts to serve a plate to her friend as the radio hums out gently over them.
~*~

Nick runs his knuckles over his lips for the fifth time that day as he sits in the den quietly contemplating the idea of what to do next. He looks over to the right side of him to see A.J. lounging around, talking on his cellular phone with Suzy.

Sighing, Nick leans back in the sofa watching Brian and Howie exit the cabin to pick up some stuff for the small barbeque that Kevin decided to have last minute. He leans his back on the sofa, feeling the weight shift in the sofa as A.J.’s probing eyes stare at him. “What?” Nick whispers out annoyed.

“Nothin’. You I guess. What’s with the sighing?”

“Can’t I sigh now? If I want to sigh, I will do so.” Nick smirks, sighing really loudly on purpose as A.J. sucks his teeth and chuckles.

“Dude you’re such a weirdo.” A.J. grins: standing up from the sofa and heading out to the back but pauses at the threshold of the back porch “So uhhhhh, you aight man?”

Nick smirks, “Hmmm. What do you think?”

“Thinking you’re not.” A.J. jokes around, leaning on the threshold, eyeing his friend.

“Then you’re probably right.”

A.J. smiles and exhales, turning serious as he makes his way back quickly to Nick, standing before him. “Look Nicky. About the whole Farah thing. Just do what your heart tells ya man. If you think you want to be with either girl, just let them know k? Don’t mess with that stuff and let it just be. Stuff like love and girls gets sticky if you don’t handle it quick you know?”

Nick leans forward, his arms on his knees, nodding to A.J.’s comment. “You’re right. I already made my choice then.”

A.J. smirks, “Oh really now? You don’t say?”

“Dude, just did. Didn’t you just hear me?” Nick teases his friend as he stands up and walks with A.J. to the back porch where Kevin was setting up his grill already.

A.J. chuckles and lightly pushes his friend, “Shut up man. And that’s good you made your choice.”

“Yup.” Nick states, knowing A.J. was dying to find out what Nick’s answer was to the whole Farah and Genesis topic. He glances over at A.J. who was waiting patiently, looking around the porch and whistling, not forcing Nick to say anything about it.

Nick laughs, finding a beach chair and settling down on it, his gaze on his friend who seemed to be hiding the annoyance of wanting to know. “Soo…Alex…wanna know what it is?”

A.J.’s eyes shot open and smiles racing next to Nick and plopping down on a beach chair next to his. “Dude you gonna share with me for real?”

Nick smirks, teasing A.J. “Don’t know now. See isn’t curiosity a big pain in the…” But he stops in the middle of his sentence as Kevin calls them over to the grill.

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Be right with ya Kev. Give us a minute aight?”

Kevin smirks and eyes them, “Just hurry up and get your free feels already, I need ya to help me move some of the stuff for the grill.”

Nick smirks and nods, “Aight.”

A.J. smacks Nick knee and nods his head grinning, “Well what did you decide?”

“That I’ll talk with Farah first find out why she did what she did and then tell Genesis I’m feeling her. Figured she should know.”

A.J. laughs and claps his hands, “About time man! So shall I set aside a party for your celebration when you and Gen get together?” He teases him, standing up and heading over to Kevin.

“Yeah, we’ll have a parade and everything.” Nick laughs, joining Kevin at the grill.

“You’ll tell her that today right?” A.J. states: grabbing a corner of the heavy grill.

Nick nods and smiles, “Yeah at rehearsal today.” Grabbing a corner of the grill as Kevin directs them to move it off the porch on the side of the house.

“Sweet man. And yo, you have to tell us what her reaction is, cause I’ll know she’ll flip when she hears that from ya.” A.J. smirks, groaning out as he lifts the heavy grill off the ground with Nick’s assistance.
~*~

Nick sighs and stares at the phone in his hands, hating to have to call and talk with Farah. The last he wanted to do was leave her thinking that something could happen again between the two of them. But as Brian said, it was her lost.

Nick scans the small screen, searching for Farah’s number and pushes the ok button, which directly dials the call. He waits and exhales, placing the phone to his ear as he hears the music already blasting from the backyard as some of Kevin’s old friends begin to arrive. Sitting back on his bed in the bedroom, he places his head on the headboard hoping Farah would pick up.

“Hello?” Her sweet voice responds after the fourth ring.

“Oh hey Farah. What’s up? It’s me Nick.”

“Oh hey Nick. How is everything?”

“Going ok. Hey I just called to see how everything is with you and Andy.”

“Awww, that’s so sweet. Well I’m in the middle of feeding Andy, hey why don’t you come and see him now that he’s wide awake? You’ll love it when he starts babbling and stuff. It’s really the cutest thing.” Farah giggles over the phone.

Nick smiles softly and gulps, knowing he had to ask her about her situation. “Aww sounds cool. I would stop by but I don’t know girl, cause Kev is having a BBQ suddenly here in case you didn’t notice the loud music blasting behind me.”

Farah giggles and nods, “Ahh cool a party, sounds like fun.”

“Yeah well as long as Brian doesn’t pull out the pin the tail on the donkey game, the party will be fun.” Nick smirks, patting his knees as Farah breaks into a sweet laugh.

“Hey that sounds entertaining. It would be cool if I could come over.”

Nick thinks about the possibility of this and goes with the idea, “You know what? You’re welcome to come here and chill with us. Plus the guys know about Andy, I had to tell them.”

Farah giggles, “Sweet. Hey I’m down for being at the party. Just give me directions and me and Andy should be there in a few hours or so.”

Nick nods and gives her quick directions to Kevin’s cabin where they’re all staying at. He figured it would be better to speak in person about what was going on with Farah and why she lied to him about the child.

“Alright cool. Thanks. Oh before I hang up. I wanted to ask you something.” Farah states: wiping some of the pudding off Andy’s small cheeks.

“Oh aight, what is it?” Nick whispers out nervously, tapping his fingers on his thighs.

“I was thinking about last night, when you came over and stuff and about the kiss.”

‘Dammit.’ Nick thinks, knowing he was hoping to avoid that topic. “Ohh what about it?”

Smiling, Farah sits down and takes up a spoonful of the baby food feeding it to Andy. “Well did it feel like old times? Did it remind you of the way we used to be together?”

Nick gulps, gazing around his bedroom, eying a dirty shirt lying on the floor, ‘Probably my shirt, Brian is too neat.’ He sighs, “Old times? I, I guess to me it was kiss you know. I was just surprised that’s all.”

Farah narrows her eyes feeling offended, “Ohhh… You mean you didn’t feel anything from it?”

“Did you?”

“I asked you first Nick.” Farah whispers, eyeing Andy.

Nick sighs, he wasn’t going to tell her that the moment she kissed him that he was drowning in her again, that the way she kissed him brought back every loving second they were together. Hell it even turned him when she pressed her soft velvet lips on his, maneuvering them so gracefully, almost making him want to throw her down and screw her right there and then. Finding the right words to say, he finally responds: “For me I guess I was just surprised. Why? Should I have felt something from it? I mean you kiss great, granted you always did have magic with those lips of yours. But, but honestly it’s just a kiss, not to offend you in any way of course.”

“None taken I suppose.” Farah fires out, trying to control her temper. “So that’s it huh? Just a kiss. Not even a slight tingle from it? Not even a good moan from it? Well that’s ok. I guess I thought maybe something different.”

Nick smirks, thinking she was too full of herself in that department. “What about you? Did you feel something?”

“Me?” Farah smirks, deciding to play Nick’s little game, “Na, I guess I was just curious that’s all.”

Nick gulps and rolls his eyes, “Really?”

“Yup.” Farah responded, knowing she got Nick exactly where she wanted him.

“Ohhh ok. Well hey we’ll talk later, I hear one of the guys calling for me. So I’ll see ya there later then k?”

Farah nods, “Alright. Later. Bye.” And she hangs up, smirking. “Nick I’ll have you and you know it.” She boldly states, tossing the phone aside and attending to Andy.
~*~

Genesis opens the dance studio door and smiles, stepping into the lit room with Nick already there.

“Hey stranger.” Genesis whispers, closing the door behind her as Nick looks up from practicing a step.

“Oh hey.” Nick smiles, crossing over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Genesis smiles and runs her fingers through his black dyed hair. “Glad you made it after yesterday’s little episode.”

“Yeah well I thought I show up, you know not diss you like you did me last night.” He rubs in the statement hoping to get a reaction from her. But he failed as she smirks and gently pushes him away.

“Nick, we need to talk.” She whispers, dropping her gym bag on the floor and tying her long chocolate locks up in a messy bun.

Nick gulps knowing nothing good ever comes out of that line. “Ah sure. Ok.” And he takes a seat on the floor as Genesis giggles and sits besides him, staring at him curiously. Nick exhales, knowing he would have to say what he feels about her now because never couldn’t wait cause time is against him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Incomplete by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Incomplete~**

Howie sets the last plate of fruits on the counter as Angela helps out placing some enticing warm dishes on the white lace table cloth. Smiling, he wraps his arms around Angela’s waist, pulling her to him as he sighs sadly.

Frowning, Angela runs her fingers down his tan cheek gently, “What? What is it?”

Howie pulls her into an embrace and strokes his fingers through her tussled golden locks. “I didn’t think about how close I am to heading back home to Florida.”

Angela smiles sadly, nodding her head as her sapphire emerald orbs locked on him, “Oh honey…God…what am I gonna do with out you? I’ll…I’ll miss you so much.”

Howie runs his hands down her back and holds her close to him as he pelts her with gentle kisses on her neck and cheek. “Then come with me.”

Angela smiles and giggles, “Just like that? Go with you?”

“Yeah sure, it’ll be fun.” Howie smirks, pulling away from her to gaze at her gentle face.

Angela nods, “I’ll think about it. Sounds like a nice plan. And I always wanted to see Florida anyways.”

“Well the offer still stands my lady.” Howie smiles, wrapping his arms around her waist as they sway to the gentle ballad coming from the small stereo that Kevin set up in the backyard.

Brian smiles: sitting back in his lawn chair, gazing at the happy pair when he feels Kevin slides into a chair besides him. “Sweet ain’t it?”

Kevin smirks and nods, “Sure is.”

“Speaking of that, what’s up with you and miss Kristin?”

Kevin smiles and leans into the ice box besides him, pulling a liter of soda and scooping a few ice cubes into a plastic cup. “She’s doing good. Brian, I think she could be the one. I don’t think I ever met anyone like her except Genesis. She’s amazing, Brian I know it’s only been almost two weeks since I know her and stuff, but I see something in her and she makes me feel good again.”

Brian gives his cousin a warm grin, patting him on the shoulder, “That’s great man. Go for it. But did you tell her we’ll be heading out shortly, back home to Kentucky and later to Florida?”

Kevin leans back in the lawn chair, nibbling on his lower lip nodding his head. “Yeah.”

“And?”

“And what?” Kevin slowly gazes over at Howie and Angela before focusing on Brian.

“What did she say Kev?”

Kevin slumps in the seat as a warm grin spreads his cheeks, “She’s coming with me.”

Brian breaks into a laugh, “Oh my God! Dude that’s great! I mean she’s just gonna head out with you and everything?”

Kevin smiles and gives Brian a silly thumbs sign as he chuckles, “Sure is. I mean I never thought or believed in love at first sight, but she proved me wrong.”

Brian smiles broadly, settling back in his lawn chair with a plastered grin on his face, “That’s sweet man. Love huh? So you telling me you fell in love with her?” He turns to gaze at Kevin who was settling back in the lawn chair with his eyes closed.

Grinning, Kevin nods gently, “Yeah you heard right. I said love. Hope that doesn’t surprise you. I may be a little older than you guys but I do also fall in love.”

Brian snickers, “Dude, try a lot older than us.”

Kevin laughs and tosses an ice cube at Brian who shrieks as the frozen item touches his heated skin and tosses the cube at A.J. was walking pass them on the porch.

A.J. cringes at the cold item that slides down his bare back as Suzy breaks into a fit of giggles and pulls him to her.

“Ahhh there, there Snookie, I caught the evil cube for ya.” Suzy teases, tying her tussled red locks up in a messy bun.

Brian and Kevin break into a laugh and in unison respond back, “Yeah Snookie!”

“Shut up ya!” A.J. laughs flipping his friends off as he and Suzy walk barefooted to the pool installed, gently pushing Suzy into the inviting water. Suzy splashes and watches as A.J. follows in after her as they cuddle and gently laugh.

“Well love is definitely in the air I can see that. Man I can’t wait to get back home and see my wife.” Brian smiles, breathing in the warm afternoon summer air.

Kevin nods in agreement as a few of his friends he invited greet him and pass drinks around, some getting in the pool, others dancing while some sit and talk, eating some of the home made food others brought to the small festivity.

“Wife. Yeah. I’ll be there one day too Brian.” Kevin smiles: leaning back in his seat, the gentle breeze refreshing and welcoming them both.

“Wife, hehe. That’ll be interesting to see.” Brian jokes as Kevin laughs.

“Shut up man.” Kevin smirks, closing his eyes.

“So is she coming here to the party?” Brian gets up from the seat and searches through the ice box, pulling out a cold soda can.

Kevin nods, “Yeah, she’ll be here shortly, she gets out of work in about fifteen minutes so she’ll show up here soon.” Keeping his eyes closed as he exhales slowly.

Brian yawns and hears a small whining coming from around the front of the house. Curious, he excuses himself and runs to the front of the house to see Farah holding an infant in her arms as she exits her parked vehicle. “Uh oh…” He runs back to Kevin, tapping him on the shoulder. “Ummm Kev I didn’t think you’d invite Farah to the party.”

Kevin opens his eyes and stares at Brian in confusion, “Huh? What? I didn’t. I don’t even have her number, besides the issue with her and Nick, why would I want to invite her here seeing as they two got some things to sort out.”

“Yeah well, I guess she got the directions to here from someone ‘cause she’s standing in the front porch as we speak.”

Kevin bolts up in his seat and runs inside, opening the front door to see the golden haired beauty holding a small wrapped infant in her arms. Taken a back, he waves and lets her in, confusion lurking his face. “Uhh hey sweetie, did Nick tell ya to come here?”

Farah nods her head, smiling, “Yeah, why? Is that a problem?”

“Oh no no, its just he never told us you’d be here.”

“Ohhhh. Well that’s Nick for ya, he probably forgot I was coming here. I hope I’m not late.” She smiles gently as Brian slowly takes the infant from her arms and cradles the baby gently. “Hehe, you’re good with kids Brian.”

“I better. My wife will kill me if I couldn’t hold my son right.” Brian smirks and leads her further into the cabin.

Kevin closes the door and takes her small tote bag full of baby items, “Well it’s great to see you though. Nick isn’t here at the moment, he has rehearsals but he’ll be back here in about an hour or less.”

Farah’s lips twitches at the mention of the word rehearsal and forces a smile on her face. “Oh right, guess he didn’t mention that when he invited me over. But that’s ok. I’m glad to see you guys.”

“Yeah, oh Howie and A.J. are out in the back, they’ll be surprise to see ya.” Brian smiles: opening the back door and walks into the back porch with the baby in his arms.

Nadia and Joey pass by Brian and stop gazing at him and the child, “That’s not your child is it?” Joey quickly responds as Nadia giggles and shakes her head.

Brian laughs, “Na Joey, my son is back home. This is Farah’s child.”

“Farah?” Nadia raises her eyebrows.

“Uh yeah, one of Kevin and Nick’s old friends from back home. Seems she visiting Boston as we are.” Brian settles back into a lawn chair, kicking his legs up as the infant giggles, its little hands patting Brian’s chest, tugging on his blue wife beater.

“Awww, that’s so cute. Looks like he likes ya.” Nadia giggles as Joey excuses himself to head to the bathroom. Once Joey is out of sight, Nadia quickly rushes over to Brian and slides into a chair besides him. “Alright spill. Who is Farah really?”

Brian smirks and shakes his head, “I’m out of this. She’s a friend. You’ll need to get info from Kevin, this doesn’t include me.”

Nadia smirks, her black curls tied tightly into a high ponytail as her dark eyes gaze at Brian, “Hmmmm, what do you know Brian that I have to find out?”

“Forget I mentioned anything ok?” Brian glances over at her quickly as he sits up, cradling Andy in his arms.

“Somehow I bet when I get word, I won’t like it will I?” Nadia runs her tan caramel hands down her blue loose fitting halter top.

“Shhhh…Nadia, I’m not talking another word about it.” He glances over at her seriously.

Nadia rolls her eyes and sighs, “Fine. I get the drift.” She sits up as Joey comes back with a drink and leads her to the pool as they wave at Brian.
~*~

Kevin sighs, running his hands down his face as he shakes his head, “Farah what are you doing?”

“Doing about what?” She whispers, looking through her baby bag, pulling out a small bottle fill of milk and tapping it on her hand to check the milk temperature.

Kevin touches her shoulder and shakes his head, “Nick told us about what’s going on.”

Farah freezes at his response and guiltily glances down at the bottle in her hand. “Kevin come on, what the doctors told me back home then was a lie. I’m not sterile, never was.”

“That’s bull and you know it!” Kevin gazes at the young woman he practically helped raised back home.

“What do you know about me? You weren’t there when I found out the doctors told that lie so I wouldn’t be caught dead sleeping around. I found out my mother made an agreement so the doctors will tell me that. She didn’t want her only daughter to be known as the whore around the town back in Florida.” Farah musters up to defend herself, not backing down from Kevin’s comment.

Kevin straighten up, smirking, “That’s against the rights of a patient. Why would anyone go for something like that? Farah stop making stuff up. You got Nick losing his mind ‘cause you told him that’s his baby. Is it really his?!” He steps up to her as she gulps and grips the tote bag tightly in her hands.

She gazes at him and sighs, dropping on the sofa seat behind her, shaking her head. “I broke up with Nick ‘cause I was cheating on him. That’s why I did it. I didn’t want to hurt him anymore than I could, so I told him it would be better to end it before something happens.”

Kevin breaths out in surprise, shaking his head in disappointment, “I can’t believe you could do that! You slept around with another man and used that to leave Nick?!”

“I didn’t know what came over me! I just didn’t think I deserved someone that good to me. I needed a reason to get Nick away from me before he found out.” Farah sniffs, wiping her hands over her tearing eyes.

Kevin stands in the den in shock, sighing. “Why would you think that you didn’t deserve Nick and the fact that you could sleep around with another man, that’s horrible! I introduced you two because I trusted you needed a good guy in your life and instead you throw it all away for a one night stand with another man who gave you Andy!”

Farah gulps as the cool tears stream down her tears, “I’m so sorry. I don’t know what to say about what happened. It’s the past, just let it go. I don’t want Nick to ever know the real reason.”

Kevin gazes at her seriously, “He has the right to know!”

“Please Kevin no! I can’t face him. I love him!”

Kevin was about to response when her last remark caught him off guard. “Love him? Did I hear right?”

Farah nods, her light blue eyes glimmer in tears as she sniffs and wipes away some of the tears that stained her pale cheeks. “Yes. Oh God, Kevin, I love that man with all my heart and soul. I would do anything to be with him again. And even if I had to drag myself over here to see him and tell him that, then that’s what I’ll do and I plan on doing.”

“No…No, see you messed up big time Farah. I can’t have you hurt my buddy like that again. I’m looking out for him and the last I need is you getting in the way of him finally finding his true love.”

Farah enraged, stands and frails her arms, “What? That dancing lady he’s with? Do you honestly think he’ll go for a stranger when I hold the key to his heart? Kevin the other day he visited me and you know what happened?”

Kevin narrows his eyes, looking at the deceiving woman before him, “Gee, I’m sure you’ll tell me anyway.” Rolling his eyes as he glares at the woman.

She sighs and shakes her head, “We kissed.”

Kevin smirks, “You guys kissed?”

She nods, “Yeah and you know what? He loved it. I can tell with the way he was responding, It was like old times and he didn’t pull away for a while. We were both so lost in it and I knew, I just knew it told us both something. That we belong together. I know so many little things about Nick that he would be amazed. I know that if I touch him on the back of his neck it’ll relax him, that if you rub his head on the right side, it’ll make him sleepy that…”

Kevin stops her, holding his hand up, “Alright, so you know that about him. That doesn’t mean you can change his heart on how to feel about you.”

Farah sighs and feeling defeated for the moment walks to the back door, opening it and staring at Kevin, “Maybe or maybe he’ll surprise all of us.” And she steps out in the back porch leaving Kevin to wonder.
~*~

Genesis gazes at Nick and glances down at her watch, “Sooo…I was thinking of talking afterwards, we gotta a lot of stuff to go over in the dance, the talk can always wait.”

Nick narrows his eyes and eyes her, “Well obviously this talk is something important now isn’t it?”

Smiling, Genesis goes to the stereo and looks for a song to dance too. The single “Fever” begins playing as she turns to him and heads over. “Shhh, forget about that for now. Let’s dance shall we?”

Nick smiles and nods, taking her hand and gently twirls her around, pulling her to him. They both grin and laugh gently as they shake their shoulders and go down on their knees. Genesis leaps as Nick cupping his hands, lifts Genesis up so she was standing directly on one leg. Nick smirks and places her back on the ground as he pulls her to him, the lyrics pulsating around them:

-‘Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear
You give me fever (you give me fever) when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight (you give me fever)
Fever ... in the mornin'
Fever all through the night.’

Genesis sings along to it as she wraps her arms around his neck, giggling as she twirls around him playfully. He watches and chuckles, grabbing her waist and running his hand down her leg seductively. The music taunts them, surging them to enrapture and calling out the passion between the two. Yet Genesis in denial continues to dance and smiles as Nick’s hand roams her body slowly making her pant and shiver from his touches. Genesis wraps her arms around his neck letting her hands slide down his back and play with the buckle of his belt.

Nick smirks and slides his hands down the pockets of her black shorts as his fingertips brush pass her belly button. She shivers from the touch and smirks, pulling away from him as the last line to the song rings out in the air. She sings it loudly, “Fever all through the night, you give me fever.” And she stands smiling, almost beckoning him to come besides her.

Nick breaths out heavily, realizing he was practically panting from the heated dance. Genesis smiles as their rehearsed dance song comes on, Donna Summer’s “Last Dance.”

“Was it good for you as it was for me?” She teases as she stands before him, tilting her head.

Nick rolls his eyes and smiles, pulling her to him as they practiced their rehearsed routine from back at the club. After an hour of dancing, Nick glances at his watch and curses, “Ahh damn, I’m gonna late to the BBQ, hey Gen you’re welcome to come.”

Genesis smiles as he holds her the dipping position, her head and back lying back on his arms as she smirks, “BBQ…sounds yummy. I’ll guess I’ll go since I know Dee and Joey are there as well.”

Nick nods, “Aight. Oh hey didn’t you wanted to talk to me about something?”

She smiles and nods, standing next to him as she grabs her gym bag, pulling out a small towel to wipe the faint sweat that covered her face and stomach. Nick watches as she slowly wipes the towel across her stomach. His eyes fixated at her toned abdomen as he licks his lips.

Smirking, Genesis lifts her tank top up to reveal more of her stomach, “Well you like what you see huh?”

Nick smiles, feeling his cheeks burn to a red in his embarrassment. “Maybe.”

Giggling, she takes off her shirt and tosses it him, the tank top landing on his head, covering his eyes. He peeks and lifts the shirt off his eyes, smiling as she puts on a halter top, watching her slowly pull the shirt down pass her red lace bra and covering her stomach. Tying her hair up quickly into a messy yet exotic bun, she sprays on some perfume she pulled out her bag. Nick grabs the tossed shirt that landed on him and throws it back at her as she tucks it away in her bag and pulls out a bottle of water. “Alright, then, guess we should over there now.”

Nick nods and grabs her hand staring at her, “I just want to know what’s up with us?”

Genesis smiles softly and gently brushes her hand down his cheek. “I was thinking about it the other night when you told me. I guess I got scared.”

“Scared of what?” He whispers into her ear as he embraces the petite woman. She smiles warmly as his arms wrapped around her back making her feel so secure and safe.

“Scared that what will happen if I start something I can’t finish.” She responds back, tracing her finger over his lips.

“What do you mean?” Nick asks confused, eager to want to know more.

Smirking, she shakes her head, “Forget it. Nick hey can you start the car up for me? I have to get some cd’s from next door in the other studio.”

Nick nods and takes the keys, pulling away from her as he exits the room leaving her alone in her own trepidation.

She watches him and sighs, tears flooding her eyes once she was sure he left the room. Whispering to herself, she knew the answer to why she stalling with not being with Nick. “I’m falling in love with you and I know I’ll lose you. Then I’ll really know what its like to be incomplete without you.” And she swallows hard, wiping away the tears quickly, rushing to another door that leads to the next studio to gather the cd’s before joining Nick.
~*~

Nick leans back in the car seat, gazing out the window of Genesis’s car, wondering what could be taking her so long. Sighing, he runs through the images that occurred between the two of them back in the studio. He knew it was more than just physical the way they responded to each other. There was something there, if A.J. was there he would have blurted out sexual tension, but that was just one of the issues, there was something more, something Nick couldn’t yet figure out. He wanted to be with her, to hold her, to make her happy. The dancing is slowly making him a new person, it was making him think things he only longed to imagine of and find out. He felt stronger, Genesis was making him a new and he loved that. He always assumed he would be the same person and that no one could ever make him change the way he is: but Genesis did. She did that with no problem and ease as he willfully desired to have her with him.

He had decided long ago where he was with Genesis. He knew from the beginning, he wanted her and now more than ever he needed her. Just like the song that was played, Genesis was giving him a fever he was afraid will override and take over. He exhales, running a hand through his black dye hair as Genesis exits the studio and quickly rushes over to the car, opening the driver’s side. She boards the car and smiles, starting the ignition of the car as she buckles.

Nick no longing thinking but letting his actions speak for him, unclasps her seat beat and pulls her to him, their lips finally meeting. She jumps at surprise at this and melts into his kiss, placing her hand on his cheek as she sighs deeply. This is what she needed. Someone to be there and comfort her as she slowly drowns in his kisses, giggling as his hands roam down her back, lifting her shirt and taking it off her, tossing it to the backseat.

“Nick, wait.” She pants out, cupping his chin. “You don’t wanna do this right here do you?”

“Well you have a better idea?”

“My room.” She smirks as he laughs.

“Screw the room, there’s room in the backseat.”

“God, you’re kinky.”

“Gen, you have no idea.” Nick smirks, slipping to the back and pulling her with him.

She laughs and shakes her head, “I don’t know. Maybe we shouldn’t.”

“Maybe we should.” Nick jokes around, tracing his fingers over her red bra strap as he kisses her, gently pushing her to lie on her back on the seat.

She blushes and clears her throat, pulling away from Nick, gasping for air. “Wait. Maybe, maybe this isn’t the right time.”

Nick groans out frustrated and pulls away from her. “Well you sure know how to ruin the moment.”

Genesis sucks her teeth and sits up, reaching for her shirt. “Well I’m sorry to disappoint you.”

Nick sighs and leans back in the seat, facing her direction, “You keep pushing me away. Don’t you want to be with me?”

Genesis shivers and looks around the car, she didn’t know how to respond. “Yes.” She finally whispers out faintly.

Nick inhales deeply and smiles, “Really?”

She nods as he laughs, pulling her to him as he sealed their talk with a passionate kiss.

Genesis moans out softly, the kiss searing her emotions as she pulls away biting her lip. Nick pants softly and runs his hands through her matted hair, kissing her forehead and then her neck. His hands like an artist on a new canvas, brush pass her hips and up to her breasts making her sigh out in pleasure.

Genesis closes her eyes as she smiles, enjoying Nick who gazes over her body like a sculptor who wants to redefine and hold his statue as a work of art. He wanted to become one with her but something in the pit of his stomach went against him. He kisses her neck and slowly eases his way down to her chest, his lips hovering over her panting chest. Smiling, he pulls away from her and gulps, hating himself at the moment. But he wanted to respect her and not force anything on her if she wasn’t willing. And something in the back of his mind told him she was only letting him to do this is please him, but he didn’t want. He only wanted to please her, screw what he felt, it wasn’t about him.

Genesis eyes him and smiles, gently panting, gathering her breath. “What happened?”

“I think you’re right. This isn’t the right place to do it. Besides I want to make love to you, not sex.”

Genesis gasps happily surprised and sits besides him as he wraps his arms around her shoulders, letting her cuddle next to him.

“So what now? Should we head to the party or my house?”

Nick smirks, gazes down at her, kissing the top of her head, “Whatever you want to do.”

“Well, your friends are waiting for you. It would suck if you didn’t show up.”

Nick nods, “You’re right. Guess that means we’ll head to Kevin’s place then.”

Genesis nods and pulls down her shirt, smiling at him. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. But why the thanks?” Nick crawls back to the passenger seat as Genesis accommodates herself on the driver’s seat, buckling her seat belt as Nick does the same.

She turns to him and quickly kisses him on the lips, “For not wanting to have sex with me. That’s respect that I never got from any man. And I thank you for not doing it.”

Nick smiles and gracefully nods his head, “Aight. Though I don’t understand why any man would use you, you’re too beautiful and precious for that. But hey no prob girl.”

Genesis smiles and pulls away from the parking lot, giggling as her heart surged in some many different directions.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
What The Truth Hides by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~What The Truth Hides~**

Andy giggles and flails his little pudgy arms around Brian who breaks into a laugh. He hears Farah make her way over to them and slump into a vacant beach chair besides them. Brian glances over at her as Andy grabs a lock of Brian’s hair tightly in his tiny hands. Wincing, he gazes over at Farah and frowns.

“What’s wrong?”

Farah sighs and shakes her head, “Oh its nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“You sure?” He sits up in the beach chair, cradling Andy in his arms.

“Yeah, just peachy.” She murmurs out, gazing around the backyard to see everyone else having a good time.

“So, uhhhh, you doing ok?”

Farah snorts, rolling her light eyes, “Yeah, to a point. Look Brian I don’t want you worrying about me. I’m a grown woman, fully capable of caring for myself and my child.”

Brian slowly nods, “Right, right of course. It just looks like you have something on your mind that’s all.”

“Oh yeah well I was just doing some thinking that’s all.” Farah whispers out, tugging on a golden wavy lock that drooped over her shoulder.

“Ohhh about what?” Brian pushes her to speak openly to him.

Farah yawns, a smirk drawn on her face: “Nice Brian, I’m not talking about it.”

“Hey it was close though right?” Brian chuckles, handing a sleepy Andy back to his mother.

“Almost that close.” She giggles, taking her son and cooing into her son’s ear, rocking the baby gently in her arms.

“Well girl you look like you need some food, want me to get ya anything, we have everything barbequed from chicken to steak. Any interest in it?” Brian raises his eyebrows, getting up from his seat, heading down the porch steps.

“Ummmm, I’ll have some chicken and you guys have that fried plantain thingy?”

“Uhhh, yeah I think so. I’ll go check. Be right back.” Brian states: heading over to the grill.

Farah growls and leans back her seat gazing around the yard. “Nick, you think you can just push me away for some chick that suddenly appeared out of now where? I’ll make sure I’ll win this war, I won’t go down with out a fight.” She whispers to herself as Andy babbles and yawns sleepily, closing his little eyes.

“Yeah you sleep good, little one. Cause when your father comes it’ll be a good talk and I want you to hear it.” Farah quickly states, leaning back in her seat as Howie and Angela wave over at her direction.

Nadia and Joey glance up and see the fair headed woman sitting with her child. Curiosity almost getting the best of her, Nadia gripped her boyfriend’s hand tightly so she wouldn’t be tempted to plaque the stranger about anything.

“Ahhhhhhhh, Dee. My hand, I feel it breaking.” Joey whispers out as Nadia smirks,

“Oh, sorry babe. It’s just that lady over there: I wanna talk to her and see how she is, I’ve seen her with Nick back at the club, wonder if they all know each other or something?” Nadia straightens up, adjusting her blue loose fitting halter top.

Joey breaks into a laugh and tugs Nadia away, “You need a distraction and I have the perfect idea.”

Nadia laughs as she is pulled away to the poolside where A.J. and Suzy welcomed them with a big splash of water in their direction .
~*~

Howie yawns and chuckles at the sight of A.J. and Suzy in the pool playing like children as he feels Angela’s hand on his arm. Gazing over at her, he smiles and kisses her forehead. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Nothing. Kinda bored. And you know me and bored don’t get along.”

Howie smiles devilishly, snickering. “You bored?”

“Yes.” She giggles, noticing Howie’s expression, “Now, I’m just afraid of what you could be thinking.”

Howie rolls his eyes, “Now, now, naughty girl. I was thinking of something innocent, I’m assuming you were too.”

Angela smiles and nibbles on his neck, whispering in his ear: “Actually I wasn’t.”

Howie runs his hands down her back slowly, pulling her to him so she was lying besides him on the same beach chair. “Really, you don’t say? Kissing her ear, he whispers to her, “Care to show me?”

Angela laughs and nods, “Thought you never ask.” She stands up, pulling Howie up besides her as they head off inside to the cabin to Howie’s shared bedroom. Laughing, Howie places a “Busy” doorpost sign on the knob of his door as they enter the room and lock it behind them.
~*~

Genesis smirks as the radio blasted out fully to Celine Dion’s “Power of Love”

The gentle lyrics pulsated into the car atmosphere:

“I Hold On To Your Body
And Feel Each Move You Make
Your Voice Is Warm And Tender
A Love That I Could Not Forsake

'cause I'm Your Lady
And You Are My Man
Whenever You Reach For Me
I'll Do All That I Can.”

She turns to see Nick sitting quietly in the passenger seat lost in thought, his index finger trailing over his lower lip as he gazes out the open car window to the passing buildings that swirl by them. His dyed black hair blows gently in the hot afternoon sticky breeze as he slumps back. “What are you thinking about?”

Nick smiles, gazing her slowly. “You really want to know?”

She nods as she checks her rearview window before exiting the ramp off the highway. “Uh yeah basically cause that’s why I asked.” She smirks, seeing him chuckle gently.

“I was considering forgetting the party and going back to your place.”

Genesis turns on the air conditioner in her car as the windows all roll up. “Back at my place?” She giggles out.

Nick nods, “Yeah, I mean think about it. This is the only chance we have to be together without interruptions while everyone else is distracted. I say this is an opportunity not worth passing up.” His sapphire orbs gleam mischievously as he leans to her, kissing her neck slowly as his hands snake around her waist.

Laughing, Genesis shivers from his touch and smirks, “Come on, I’m driving, you don’t want to start something. The last we need is to crash all horny.”

Nick snickers and nibbles her neck, blowing into her ear, “Well then you should hurry and get to your place then ‘cause I already started.”

“You’re a bad, bad boy.” She purrs out as she slams her foot on the pedal, careening her car down the dirt road, closing in on her place. She parks and sighs happily as Nick captures her in his arms, kissing her deeply as his lips traveled down the base of her neck.

“Wait…” She pants out.

“What?” He looks up into her eyes, cupping her checks in his hands.

“I thought we talked about this already, about how we were going to Kevin’s place for the BBQ?”

Nick rolls his eyes, “I changed my mind. Besides you know, you really know how to bust the sexy mood sometimes.” He smirks, trailing his right hand down her thigh, a finger touching the soft cotton fabric of her black shorts.

“Thanks, I’m good at that.” She giggles, unclasping her seat belt and smiling. She crawls on his lap and kisses him gently, running a hand through his dyed spikes. “So you wanna come in my place?”

“About time I get invited in. I thought I was gonna stay here all night.” He whispers out delicately, running a finger right beneath her shirt, touching her navel.

She bats her eyes and flings open the passenger door as she leans into him and begins kissing his neck, flicking her tongue down the base of his neck. He moans out and wraps her legs around his waist as he slides out of the car, his lips exploring hers as they capture and held each other for a moment. Genesis smiles and pulls out the keys to her house from her pocket, waving them in front of Nick’s face. “Well let’s head in then shall we?”

Nick nods and still holding Genesis’s small body on his, walks up the porch steps as she giggles. He takes the keys from her and unlocks the door, quickly entering it and locking it behind him. The moment the door slams, Genesis embraces her lips with his, capturing his soul as they move blindly in passion to the sofa.

Laughing, Genesis falls back on the sofa and giggles, “Right here?”

Nick smiles and nods, “Forgot? It’s a sofa bed.” And he leans into her as she pulls him on top of her.

Giggling, she gently pushes Nick away, exhaling and trying to catch her breath as she stands up. It was all happening so fast, she didn’t have time to think. But she wanted to know him and be with him and this was the moment she longed for so long. Nick stands up, helping her pull out the sofa bed as they fix the bed sheet and smirk at each other.

“Oh wait! I like music on. I hope you don’t mind.” Genesis whisks over to her small stereo as she finds an old school classic called “In the Still of the Night”

-“In the still of the night
I held you Held you tight
'Cause I love
Love you so
Promise i'll never
Let you go
In the still of the night.”

The lyrics flowed out, enrapturing them to grow closer as Genesis giggles and sways over to him. Nick chuckles and lifts her up as she wraps her legs once again around his waist. “You know Nick, I haven’t done it in a while so I may be rusty at all this.” She smirks, her fingers trailing down his heaving chest slowly as the song intensifies the moment:

-“I remember
That night in May
The stars were bright above
I'll hope and I'll pray
To keep
Your precious love
Well before the light
Hold me again
With all of your might
In the still of the night.”

Nick smiles, “That’s alright, I’ll show ya how. Let me teach you now.”

Giggling, Genesis smiles as Nick gently lays her on her back on the bed. She sighs happily as he lies over her and gently kisses her lips softly. “I want to make this perfect Gen. You deserve it so much.” He huskily whispers into her ear as she shivers gently from it. Smiling, she watches him pull off his green t-shirt revealing his tone abdomen as he straddles her and roams his hands beneath her red shirt. “If at any point you want me to stop, just say so ok?”

The lyrics pulsated out like their hormones:

-“So before the light
Hold me again
With all of your might
In the still of the night
In the still of the night.”

Genesis grins, nodding her head as the excitement rises in her, her breast heaving, longing for more of his touch. His fingers pass her bra as she giggles. Nick continues his search on her body and reaches the black shorts, unbuttoning it and sliding a finger beneath the fabric to feel the lace of her panties. She watches: enjoying every movement the man made on her body. It was like being created all over again. He brought out sensations that were overlooked or never produced in her before. His finger slides beneath her panties touching the quivering sacred flesh that laid hidden. She gasps out in soft pleasure, closing her eyes at the touch. Nick eyes her and smiles as he slides the shorts off her without a problem, flinging the clothes to the floor. Genesis sits up as her hands trail over his toned tan chest as they pant out softly. “Nick, show me. Show me now.” She pleads with him as he picks her up so she can wraps her legs around his waist.

“You just relax. I’ll do all the work.” Nick breathes out, his hands like pure magic slipping beneath her panties as she pants deeply out. “Close your eyes.” He whispers as she does just that, smiling and moaning out with each touch he placed on her body.

She exhales as her hands drop to his jeans, fiddling with the button and zipper. Nick watches as she manages to tugs his jeans off his hips as her hips brush against him causing him to moan out. “Hey I’m suppose to be doing the work, not you…” He breathlessly moans out.

Laughing, she nods her head, “Sorry you’re right. I don’t know what got into me.”

Suddenly the phone rings in her house as she sighs, ready to get up and answer it.

“Wait, what are you doing? Forget the phone. Let it ring.” Nick exhales, taking her into his arms.

Genesis smiles softly, “I’m waiting for the directors of the studio to call me. It could be him on the line. I can’t miss this call.”

Nick grumbles out annoyed as Genesis gets off his lap and walk barefooted in her panties and her shirt tank top on. Grabbing her cordless phone off the wall, she heads to the kitchen to talk as Nick sits on the bed annoyed as hell, looking around the room.

Inhaling deeply, he stands up as his jeans fall off him. He steps slowly towards a small painting hung on the wall across from him. In just his black boxer briefs, he stands before the black and white painting of a woman similar to Genesis’s appearance yet more stern and powerful in the broad black dress standing on a stage with one leg caught twirled behind her back in a mere swanlike motion. Smirking, Nick nods his head as he hears Genesis hang up the phone. Turning around, he tilts his head, “So let’s continue shall we?” He smiles, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Sighing, she shakes her head, “Ohhh I’m sorry babe. That was the director, wants me to pick up some letters to finalize the lease and possible opening of my dance place.”

Nick pouts playfully, “But…but what about me? We were gonna…”

Genesis laughs and cuts him off with a kiss. “I know Nicky, I know. But I gotta do this. Besides its still early, we have time today.” Nick frowns and gazes out to the afternoon sunlight pouring in through the windows.

“I know. I know, you’re right. Well you can go and I’ll wait for ya here.” Nick smirks.

Laughing Genesis shakes her head, “Why don’t you go to the BBQ with your friends for a little bit, I’ll meet you there.”

Nick playfully frowns, “But we can’t do it there with so many people all around.”

Genesis laughs, “Don’t worry about that now. We’ll find a way.”

Nick smiles and embraces her, tracing his index finger down her spine. “Well since you have to go, let me give you something to remember me by ok angel?”

Genesis giggles as she watches Nick lower himself to his knees as he places one of her feet on his shoulder. She exhales out erotically as he grins, sliding her panties down. “Gen…” He grins. “I suggest you hold on.”

Genesis laughs and wraps her hands around his neck gently as he goes to work on her, his mouth searching her treasured place. She gasps and closes her eyes, throwing her head back as pure ecstasy invades her body. She shivers and gasps out, each breath becoming more difficult to take in with the strong pleasures overriding her. She welcomes the pleasure as she moans out loudly, her yells turning Nick on more and more.

“Shhhhh…quiet angel.” He whispers out, a smile teasing his lips as he continues to provide the pleasure making her grip his neck tightly, the intense sexual pleasure almost overpowering her as she moans out, almost choking out his name. Nick laughs and pulls away from her quickly as she stands there in shock and flushed as confusion settled over her pretty face.

“What? Why did you stop?” She blurts out, feeling embarrassed at this sudden sexual being she was becoming.

Nick smirks, “Now you know what I felt like when you went to answer the phone.” And he stands up, gathering his clothes and putting back on his jeans and shirt.

Genesis stands there open mouth as he winks at her and opens the front door.

“Hey Gen come on, let’s go. You have to drop me off and meet the director, so let’s get moving.”

“You little bastard. I can’t believe you.” She frowns, putting back her shorts and slipping into her sandals, running to the front door.

Nick holds the door out for her and chuckles, following her back to her car as they board and sped off, each lost in their own sexual feelings that was shared before the other.
~*~

“Dude, how nice is this?” A.J. floats on his back in the pool as Brian and Howie wade around the water.

Brian smirks and nods, “Yeah he did good on the party.”

Howie watches as Angela giggles in the water, swimming pass him and blowing a kiss at him.

A.J. smirks at the sight as Suzy creeps up behind him and dunks him into the water.

Brian laughs at them as his eyes fell on Farah who was placing the baby inside the cabin for a nap. Kevin strolls over to them as the dance music pumps loudly behind him.

“So…” Kevin sits down, dipping his long legs into the cold inviting water. “You guys liking the party?”

A.J. smirks and gazes over at Howie, “Yeah, some more than others.”

Brian breaks into a laugh as Kevin chuckles, rolling up his black jean shorts.

“Hey where’s Kristin at anyway? I thought you said she’d be here by now?” A.J. gets out of the pool, the water drops seemed to sizzle and slide off his board tan chest, wetting the ground beneath him.

“Oh well she’s on her way. She’ll be here.” Kevin whispers, swaying his legs inside the pool. Brian yawns and turns around to see Kristin sneaking up behind Kevin, placing a finger over her lips so the others wouldn’t say anything.

Smiling, Brian watches as Kristin wraps her arms around Kevin’s neck and purrs into his ear, “Hey big boy.”

Kevin jumps up and laughs, turning and embracing her tightly as she squeals out.

“Hey baby!” He smiles, holding her as he stands up and kisses her.

As if on cue, the other guys all go “Awwww” as they break into a laugh.

“Shut up guys.” Kevin laughs, leading his lady away from the pool.

A.J. grins, “Kevin is so gonna get laid guys.”

The others laugh as the dance music pumps out, the light mood lingering in the afternoon.
~*~

Genesis pulls up to the front of Kevin’s cabin and smiles, “Well Nicky, here ya go. I’ll see ya shortly. And I’ll promise I’ll make it to you boy.”

“Damn skippy you will.” He grins, kissing her gently on her lips as he exits the car, “And you better come back here fast. Don’t leave me waiting for too long either.”

Genesis giggles and waves as she pulls away, blowing a kiss at him as she exits the driveway and speeds down the road.

Smiling, Nick heads to the backyard as his heart slams into his chest at the sight Farah glaring at him. “Farah! Hey you made it!”

“Yeah, nice to see you remembered.” She stands stiffly, her blond locks tied up in a messy bun.

“Right…so uhh…how long ago did you get here?” Nick asks awkwardly.

Farah rolls her lights, standing before him, her hands on her waist, “Long enough. So what’s up with you and miss dancer?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders, “What’s it to you?”

“Rude! Selfish brat! How could you speak to the mother of your child like this?!” She yells out, tears quickly rising into her pretty eyes.

Nick gulps, taking Farah by the shoulder and dragging her to sit on the front porch steps, “Chill, come down. What’s wrong with you?” He takes a sit besides her, gazing at her.

Farah begins crying, hoping Nick would fall into her trap as she gathers her arms around him. “Nick, oh God, I miss you so much. I’m just afraid you could love another woman and forget me. “

Nick listens pensively, sighing deeply. “I can’t forget about you. You were my first love Farah.”

Farah gazes at him painfully, wrapping her arms around his neck as she chokes out through her tears: “Were? Baby, please tell me you didn’t mean that? Remember that time we made love beneath the stars, all those promises you told me about never leaving me? Well you lied. You did leave me!”

“Only ‘cause that’s what you wanted!” Nick defends himself, eyeing her as his heart breaks seeing the woman crying.

She buries her head on his neck as she grips his shirt in her hands. “Don’t you want me?”

Nick sighs and gently pats Farah’s back. “I think we should just be friends.”

Farah raises her head and gasps, placing a hand over her chest as she begins to hyperventilate.

Frightened, Nick holds her arms, watching her, “I’m gonna call the ambulance ok?”

“Nooo. No, I’ll be...be ok.” Farah cries out, wiping away some tears on her pale cheeks. “Nick, I’ve always loved you and I still do. We have a child together, doesn’t that mean anything to you?”

Nick sighs out frustrated and gulps, eyeing her. “Yes! God, yes it means something, we have a family! How the hell am I suppose to response to all of that? I mean it’s all just thrown at me. You want me to stop my life’ cause you suddenly appeared with a baby.”

Farah drops her head into her lap as her shoulders rake deeply.

Nick sighs and clasps his hands together on his lap, staring at her, gently placing his arm around her shoulders. “Oh come on girl. Look, we’ll work something out. It’s just…”

She intercepts him, throwing her arms around his neck as she blinks back more tears, “Its because of her isn’t?”

Nick sighs, “Yeah.”

“But you don’t even know her!” She blurts out, her hand seductively trails down his neck, hitting a spot on his neck as he moans out in pleasure, pushing away from her.

“You don’t know that. You haven’t met her nor talked with her. So you have no idea how she is.”

She narrows her eyes and smirks, “Did you…” She stops, licking her lips slowly before continues, “Did you screw her?”

“What?! NO?! What the hell? I can’t be with a girl without you jumping down my back?”

Farah cringes at his yells as she sighs and drops her head. “I’m, I’m sorry. It was stupid of me to say that.”

“Yeah well that’s nothing new there.” He mumbles out softly to himself as he sees Farah crawls onto his lap, running a hand through his hair.

“I like your blonde hair, bring it back.” She whispers into his ear as her hands knew the right spots to make his body react in pleasure.

“I’m gonna stay with this for a while. It’s a not deal. The dye is close to coming out anyway.” He exhales out slowly, controlling himself.

“Ohhh ok then.” She whispers, lying her head on his shoulders as Nick sighs and closes his eyes, hoping Genesis would appear fast as she can, so his heart can finally rest and put to end the whole situation with Farah.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Not For Keeps by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Not For Keeps~**

She folds the sheets of papers, tucking them into the beige folder. Genesis watches the older woman nod her head who smiles warmly as she extends her hand out to Genesis. “I’m wishing you an early congratulations ma’am and hope that you can achieve the money to buy to the place. I have the house on lease ready for your approval and payments.”

“Thank you. I’ll be looking forward to do my best on the competition, I have the company riding on it.” Genesis grins, nodding her head.

“Welcome and I’m sure you have nothing to worry about ma’am.” The woman gazes at her gently, brushing back her black tendrils. “Well I should be on my way to the next meeting, so I’ll send you a copy of the form and when you can, fax me the financial data by next week after the competition.”

“Well that is if I win the competition…” Genesis mumbles out.

The woman giggles softly and shakes her head as she exits her office followed behind by Genesis, “I wouldn’t make an offer with someone I couldn’t confide in.”

“Yeah well thanks again.” Genesis exhales, walking down the office hallway, entering the waiting area.

Nadia sits up in a cushioned seat, smiling as Genesis enters the room with a soft smile spread on her light butter pecan cheeks. “Well chicky, what’s the news?”

Genesis holds up the beige folder, waving it in front of Nadia. “Well here’s all the info. I’m glad you came with me.”

“Ah, no prob girl. I left Joey in the BBQ with the other guys cause you know I had to support my girl.” She grins, standing up and hugging her friend. “So what do you say we head back to the party before all the food is gone and stuff?”

Genesis giggles and nods, “Couldn’t have said it better.”

“Nice. Ohhh, hmmmm…what’s with you and Nicky boy?” Nadia smirks as they exit the office building, heading back to their individual cars in the lot.

“What about him?” Genesis tries to hide the grin on her face, but fails miserably as Nadia laughs.

“Girl, you’re like glowing when I mention his name. You dropped the brother off before coming here but where were you before hand that took you guys so long to arrive at the party?” Nadia raises her eyebrows.

Genesis laughs and opens her car door, sliding into the driver’s seat. “Ohhhh…well…some stuff occurred. We were little busy that’s all.”

Nadia’s mouth dropped open, “Oh my God! Girl you didn’t!?” She squeals out excitedly.

Genesis laughs, shaking her head, “Noo! Girl, almost but no!” She breaks into a laugh, closing the car door as Nadia shakes her head.

“Almost?! I knew it! I knew it! You couldn’t keep your hands off white chocolate!”

“What? White chocolate? Oh God girl!” Genesis laughs: turning on the ignition as Nadia slowly makes her way back to her boyfriend’s car in shock.

“I can’t believe it. You have to tell me girl what happened?!” Nadia giggles.

“Remind me. See ya at Kevin’s place.” Genesis giggles, pulling away from the parking lot as Nadia chuckles getting into Joey’s car, buckling her seat belt and pulling away from the lot behind Genesis.

Smiling, Nadia smirks: shaking her head as she whistles, “Those two with their hands all over each other. Dancing does that to people.” She giggles, flipping on the ac in her car as she drives down the street shocked and happy for her friend.

Genesis giggles to herself as she fans herself, the soft humming of the air conditioner blasting in her car greets her sudden warm flesh. “What’s going on with me and Nick?” She whispers to herself, breathing in the cool ventilated air. She had learned actions spoke louder than words and their earlier actions this afternoon swept through Genesis’s thoughts. She feels a wide grin spreading her cheeks as she giggles. She didn’t know what to think. She loved the way Nick made her feel, inside and out. Love was something she thought only could happen in fairytales. Who was she to feel such a way to a man who only almost a week ago was a mere stranger to her? Sighing, she drives down the road, wondering what Nick was up to at the moment. She felt bad leaving him stranded at his friend’s house, she wanted to be with him the more she thought about it. She was already fearing of falling deeply for him, but she knew it was too late for that. The moment he whispered into her ears and touched her when they first dance, she knew something more would develop. She smiles, leaning back in the seat, concentrating on the road as she hums gently to the ballad playing on her radio:

“Maybe it’s intuition. But some things you just don’t question. Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant and there it goes. I think I’ve found my best friend. I know that it might sound more than a little crazy but I believe…” She sings along to the song, a smile crossing over her face as she sighs happily, breathing the inviting cool air in her car. Humming, along, she giggles and burst out in the chorus, “I knew I loved you before I met you. I think dreamed you into life.” She pauses, letting the words seep into her thoughts as she continues the chorus, smirking: I knew I loved you before I met you, I have been waiting all my life.”

“Well Nick, look what you’re doing to me. I hope you have a reason for messing with my heart.” She whispers out to herself, a smile plastered on her lips as she whistles along to the rest of the ballad, excited as she exits the road and pulls down the familiar street, eager to see Nick and run into his arms one and for all.
~*~

He sighs, watching Farah giggle and run her fingers through his hair. “Nick pumpkin, what is it?”

Nick remains silent and pulls away from her touch, getting up from the porch stairs, making his way over to the back yard where the BBQ was occurring.

“Nick what is it?” She whispers, trailing behind him.

He sighs and leans against the side of the cabin, staring up into the glorious afternoon. “It’s just I’m getting the impression you trying to hit on me.”

Farah rolls her eyes and smiles seductively, “Well kinda yeah.” She passes her snowy hands down his left arm. “Nick, I think we should talk.”

“About what?” He whispers, inching away from her touch: knowing the longer he talked with her, the more he wanted to clear his head. His heart had already made its decision on who it belongs to and Farah wasn’t on the list.

She gazes down, her beautiful light grey eyes scroll over his face as she nibbles on her plump scarlet colored lips. “About us, about where are we at the moment in this relationship.”

Nick raises his eyebrows, snorting he straightens up. “Whatever there was of us Farah its in the past. Did you think that that one kiss would make me fall again for you?”

She narrows her eyes, brushing aside her flaxen locks behind her ears. “Nick you can’t tell me that what we had wasn’t special. We have a child for God’s sake. Don’t you think we should at least make the effort of making this work for Andy’s sake?”

Nick gulps, sighing deeply. “I’ll be in his life and you know that. But me and you…come on girl. We both know it ain’t gonna work.”

“How do you know that? You haven’t even given us a chance to try?” Farah whispers, smoothing out a small wrinkle on Nick’s shirt.

He runs his fingers through his dark hair, “Why are you doing this to me?”

“Excuse me?” She growls out, staring at him, gripping her hands on her hips.

“You heard me Farah. What are you trying to do?”

“I want us to be together, that’s what. Why are you upset with me?” She croaks out, wrapping her arms around herself.

Nick sucks his teeth, pulling Farah into an embrace. “I don’t to piss you off but seriously, you can’t be thinking I’m leading you on now. I’ve been trying my hardest over the past months to get over you, it hurts. And now you show up and try to reclaim that, it’s not that easy Farah.”

Farah rubs her eyes tiredly, gazing at him gently. “Nick, I made a mistake. I was stupid. I didn’t want you to be hurt or worried when you found out I was pregnant. I wasn’t thinking right. But when you actually left me I was devastated. I don’t know what came over me to tell you to break up with me. I was acting out of stupidity but Nick I still deeply care for you. Hell I think…no I know…I still love you.”

Nick shakes his head not believing what he just heard. “Lo…love me?”

“Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?” She touches his cheek as Nick stands stiffly, trying to understand the sticky situation he was in.

“I, I’m not sure. I don’t know. Its just you didn’t want to be with me and after all those months I had to deal losing you, you come back in my life wanting to start all over again like nothing happened. You don’t think that’s just a little strange?” He eyes her, smirking as she pulls away from him seemly distraught and annoyed.

“No. No I don’t. Nick, people make mistakes everyday. So I made one in the past. What the hell you want me to do about that? You don’t think I wasn’t at home crying over losing you. You don’t think I didn’t feel emotional pain as I lied on the hospital bed getting ready to give birth to your child: that you wouldn’t be there to see your son see the world for the first time! It pained me for the longest. I wanted to tell you, to hold you and say don’t leave for real. But it was too late.” Farah whispers, picking a small lint off Nick’s tank top.

“Yeah, it’s too late.” He brushes past her, going to the back yard.

“Nick wait! So that’s it. You’re leaving again?! You don’t even want to try this again? Is it because of another woman?” Farah yells out, holding onto Nick’s arm.

Nick slides his arm out of her grasp gently and smirks. “I’m leaving, hell I learned from you. And if it’s any of your business, then yeah maybe it is another girl.”

Farah gasps and clutches her chest as tears begin spilling over her soft eyes. “This is my reaction after I spilled my feelings to you?! Some man you are! You know what, fine if you don’t wanna be with me but what about your son?!” She shrieks out as Nick pauses and gazes at her.

“Farah don’t start this! I already told you I’ll do my best to take part in his life, but don’t be telling me what I should be feeling!” He yells out, pointing at her direction.

Farah sighs and kneels down, clasping her hands in front of her face.

Nick sighs deeply, shaking his head. “God, I’m, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at ya.” He steps towards her, helping her stand back up. “I’m just confused with all the news you had. You know, I just don’t know if I can be the father Andy needs. I’m not ready for this.”

“I know. I know I screwed up. You had the right to know since I found out. But I never got around to it.” She whispers, wiping away a tear from her cheek as she sniffs.

Nick cups her chin and smiles, “Yeah well, we both screwed up then.”

Farah nods and embraces him, gently kissing him on the cheek.

Nick rubs her back, whispering into her ear, “Look if you need help with Andy in anyway. Don’t hesitate to ask me ok?”

Farah nods and smiles, pulling away from him as she leans and surprises him with a kiss on his lips.

Nick closes his eyes for a moment, falling into the kiss as Farah pulls away and smiles, brushing past him with a twinkle in her eyes.

Nick gazes over to the front of the house slowly to see Genesis standing there shocked, quickly running back to her car.

Nick gasps and chases after Genesis, “Whoa wait! Gen hold up!”

Genesis blinks back tears as she opens the driver side door to her car, ready to board back in. “Nick, enough ok! Don’t explain!”

Nick shakes his head, “No wait! It’s all a mistake! It’s not what you thought.”

Genesis waves her hand no at his direction as she slides back into the car, boarding it and turning on the ignition. The shock wearing thin on her as she sniffs and tries to control herself. “Ha, that’s a line I haven’t heard before!” She hisses out sarcastically as she tries to maintain the tears that where on the verge of spilling out of her eyes.

Nick reaches the driver’s side and grips the ledge of her open side window, “She did that! I didn’t kiss her.” He whispers out nervously, he was afraid she wouldn’t hear his side of the story and lose her because of this.

“Ha. That’s a good excuse. Cause the last I know it takes two people to kiss not one!” She yells out, gripping the steering wheel in her hands.

“Gen for my sake, hear me out. Let me explain!” He touches her arm as she growls and yanks it away from his touch.

“Don’t touch me Carter. Just be at the studio at nine in the morning tomorrow sir.” She hisses out, turning on the ignition and pulling the lever to drive away.

Nick grips the ledge of the window, “You believe me don’t you? Why are you pissed with me anyway? You never told me what you wanted from me in the first place.” Trying to persuade her to stay around longer so they can clear the air, but to no avail. He gulps and curses quietly under his breath at the statement he just made, wishing he could take it back.

Genesis snorts rudely and slams her foot on the pedal, speeding away from him and the cabin and disappearing down the corner of a road.

Nick watches the smoke of the car drift in the air as he stands there in shock, shaking his head. He sees Nadia parking her car and approach him cautiously, confusion etched on her face.

“Whoa. Look like I missed the action. Are you alright?” Nadia asks curiously, wondering why Genesis sped off leaving Nick alone.

He shakes his head, tracing his finger across his lower lip. “No, not at all.”

“Sorry. And hey you can always try and call Genesis on her cell and see if she picks up.”

Nick frowns, glancing over at her. “Nadia, what do you think she wants from me?”

“Ex-squeeze me? Run that by me again?” She smirks, eying him as they both stare at the deserted dirt road.

Nick smirks at the comment and repeats the question. “What does she want from me? I don’t know any more. I mean I thought we’re together but she didn’t tell me and now she’s mad at me.”

“Mad at you for what?” Nadia smoothes out the side of her shirt, standing besides him as she listens pensively.

Nick sighs, “Something went down and it was all a big misunderstanding.”

Nadia raises her eyebrows and stares at him seriously, listening quietly until he states his story.

“That lady that you saw Farah, she’s my ex-girlfriend.” He pauses as Nadia places her thumbs in the inside of her front jean pockets.

“Well I was just talking with her when Farah kissed me and Genesis saw it, without letting me explain.” Nick whispers out, running a hand through his disheveled dyed raven spikes.

Nadia snorts playfully and gazes at him, shaking her head. “Explain? Nick you think you can explain what you did to her? Look, I don’t know like that or anything, but I do know one thing. What you and Genesis have is something more that can’t be explain. Nick, you know she likes you, why do insist that you don’t know?” She pauses to see Nick drop his head in shame. “And Nick, I’m not slow and I know you ain’t either. You know that you like her otherwise you wouldn’t be spending some much time with her. Why can’t you see the most obvious that’s right in front of you?”

Nick looks at her in confusion, leaning on the wooden pillar in front of the cabin. “The most obvious thing?”

“Nick what do you feel for her? I can’t answer that answer that question. But you know. All I can say is listen to your heart. You have about a few days before the competition and leave this place forever. Decide by then what you want to do and if Genesis means that much that you’ll have her in it.”

“I…I want her. I told her that! She knows what I feel for her. But she keeps throwing me in different ways, I don’t know what to do or feel for her.” Nick mumbles, placing a leg on the pillar behind him.

Nadia sighs, “Genesis is like my little sister. I love that girl and I want the best for her. Nick you provide that for her. Why do you give up the fight so easy? Don’t you know she’s pushing you away to see if you’ll come back and try again. That’s the only way she’ll know you really want to be with her cause you never gave up on her.” She pats his shoulder and walks to the backyard leaving Nick in his thoughts.

Smiling gently, he slumps on the porch steps, nibbling on his lower lip as he goes through Nadia’s respond. “I don’t give up. That’s not me…” He whispers to himself, standing up he runs over to his rented black ford focus and boards it. Pulling away from the cabin, he speeds over to Genesis’s house, hoping he can talk to her once and for all. Sighing, he boards the small highway and exhales hoping Genesis will give him a chance to explain once and for all.
~*~

Genesis slows down at a stop light, leaning her head on the steering wheel as the warm tears flow down her cheeks quickly. “How...how could he?!” She tries to think through the reason, why would he lie to her? Or not be open? How could he not mention that he had a child from a previous relationship? Was he cheating on her with that woman? So many unanswered and painful questions flooded her mind back to back as her shoulder rack gently, the tears elude down her face. She couldn’t believe him, nor herself. How could she fall so fast for that man and allow him in her heart? She couldn’t believe her heart was sending her on this roller coaster of emotions for a man. She wasn’t that type of woman to let her heart lead. But the moment Nick entered her life, nothing made sense. Her clarity was gone when he was around her, but his actions today proved what he really wanted from her. Just like the other men, her body was the only thing that counted. She couldn’t believe that he claimed to care for her and then go and deliberately kiss another woman behind her back even though she was there to actually witness. But who knows what else he does behind her back. She sits up in the driver’s seat, wiping away the tears messily as she exits the car and stumbles over to her beach country house, stepping up the porch steps as she wet the path with her tears.

If Nick’s thing was to break her down, he was doing a good job, cause she was almost there or already there if her tears told another story. She closes her eyes and touches the front door, pulling out her keys and opening it, quickly stepping in and locking the door behind her as she runs sobbing into her room, closing the door behind her.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Already Broken by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Already Broken~**

She sits back in the driver’s seat, tracing her hands over the steering wheel as thoughts plagued her mind. She sniffs, feeling a warm tear caress her cheek. “Well, there it is Gen. That’s right. There is no happy ending for me. What was I expecting from him? We’re not dating, hell I didn’t even make it clear to the man where we are.” She whispers to herself, slumping back in her seat.

She blinks and recalls the scene again: that fair headed woman with her arms around Nick, kissing him and he put up no fight. Genesis knew about body language and she knew the kiss he shared with that woman was something more. Grumbling, she glances down to see her phone ring quietly. Blowing air out of her mouth in annoyance, she rolls her eyes letting her mobile phone ring quietly. “I’m not answering, so don’t bother.” She growls out quietly, gazing out of the window to her front porch, sitting in her car. She turns off the ignition and pulls the key out, stepping out of the vehicle and slowly making her way up the steps. She sniffs and slumps down on the wooden stairs, inhaling deeply the fresh evening air as the sun begins to set casting a gentle orange and yellow glow around her. She quickly wipes a hand over her cheek to catch the falling tear that trickled down her cheek. Smiling, she gazes up at the sky and closes her eyes softly. “I’ll be ok.” She whispers to herself and gets up, walking back inside to her house, locking the door behind her.
~*~

Nick races down the road and lets a sigh of relief at the sight of Genesis’s parked car in the front of her house. Quickly easing the car to a stop, he parks behind her car and rushes out of the car, leaping up the stairs to knock on the door. “Come on! Come on! Answer the door Gen.” He murmurs quietly to himself, peering through the front windows to see the lit den vacant. Sighing, he leans on the door, raking a hand through his hair. He whistles and paces around the porch hoping that Genesis would somehow open the door to find him there. Annoyed, he takes a seat on the first porch step waiting to see if she would come out. He gazes back at the window and pouts. Slapping his hands on his knees loudly, he stands up and goes down the stairs, leaning on the hood of his car. He looks up at the sky and frowns as the white wisp clouds begin to turn dark and grey, releasing a quick storm down. Sucking his teeth, Nick stands up, feeling the cold piercing drops touch his bare arms and drenching him completely. He grumbles and looks up at the sky, throwing his hands up in the air. “Wonderful! Thanks! I needed to cool down!” He yells out, seeing a small trail of black dye drip off his cheek. Cursing quietly, he smirks, “This is a complete joke. It has to be.” And he takes a quick look in the rear view window to see a small trail of black dye running down his cheek. Exhaling, he clumps up the stairs again, hoping to see if for the last time Genesis would hear him out before he drives back home.

He gulps down his guilt and presses his hands on the cold glass window of the house, peering into the lonely den. “Gen, look if you can hear me…I’m sorry. No amount of apologies can make up for it, but I thought I should try right? I should have been honest from the beginning. I’m so sorry for what you saw. It’s all a big misunderstanding. I didn’t want to give you the wrong idea, I…I…God this is hard. Look, I guess what I’m trying to say is that you’re so different from any other woman I met. And I kinda like it. Gen, I care for you and whether you chose to believe that or not it’s up to you. But look, I’m standing here telling you this to a window with rain pouring down on me. I’m completely drenched and my dye is coming out in case you didn’t know. I have blonde hair, so yeah that’s it. So now you know I look like an idiot all wet and inking.” Smiling, he gazes down at the porch ground, “Anyways, just talk to me when you can ok? I’m gonna go back home now. So…I guess I’ll see ya later at the studio tomorrow then right?” He speaks loudly, looking at the front window seeing nothing but the white lace curtains and empty den of any occupants. Sighing, he shrugs and heavily goes down the stairs, heading back to his car as Genesis peers through her room window with a smile on her face.

She quickly dashes out of her room and swings open the front door of her house just as the car was pulling away, leaving her alone once again as Nick disappears down a corner, the rain storm pouring down on her. She nibbles on her wet lips as the rain drops elude down her cheeks and nose. Smirking, she shakes her head, “I’m still mad at you Nick.”

And she heads back to the porch, heading back inside the house as the door closes behind her.
~*~

He slows the car down at the bridge and steps out in the pouring rain, making his way to the bridge railing. He smiles, looking over the railing to see the vast blue ocean fifty feet beneath him as a small trail of the black dye stains his lightly tan cheeks. “So I lose…Couldn’t even get the girl, let alone get her to speak to me.” He snorts and murmurs out sarcastically, “I’m such a ladies man. Real smooth Nick.”

He didn’t hear the soft foot steps clambering behind him as a familiar voice responds back. “Oh yeah, real smooth operator right there Carter.”

Nick’s gaze remains unfazed, still staring at the ocean below him. “Thanks for agreeing A.J.”

“No prob man.” A.J. smirks, holding an umbrella over the taller man. “Thought you might need company.”

Nick snorts, “How’d ya find me here?”

“Ahhh, dude I’ve known you for years, we’re like family. I know you always go to where ever water is and I figured where’s the closest place to check out the water? And tada! I found ya!” He grins, glancing over at his troubled friend as he straightens up and frowns.

Nick sighs and glances down sadly at the ocean. “What a cookie for that?”

A.J. held his tongue before he could retort a sarcastic remark at his friend. “Well the dye is leaving, hehe.”

Nick snorts, “No kidding. Black I guess wasn’t my thing: seem to only bring my bad luck.”

Patting Nick’s shoulder, he gazes at him hoping Nick would talk about what’s going on. “So you gonna tell me or just stand around and pout?”

Nick smirks, glancing at A.J. for a second before looking at the cement ground. “Standing around pouting doesn’t seem so bad.”

A.J. smiles, “That and it’s not really manly to be doing that.”

“Please like you know how to be a man.” Nick jokes, glad for the sudden distraction.

A.J. snorts, before turning serious, gazing at Nick for a moment. “Actually I do. See a man takes on responsibilities for his mistakes and goes out of his way to fix it. So whatever you did, I think you need to fix it up.”

“Been there, tried that and failed.” Nick grumbles, shivering from his soaked clothes.

“Well try again. Never hurts to try right?” A.J. raises his eyebrows tugging Nick’s arm to head back to the car.

Nick shakes his head, “I guess.” And both of them walk back to their vehicles.

“The party is over by the way. Farah is still hanging around with the baby.” A.J. closes his umbrella, boarding the SUV.

Nick snorts, “Whoa what? Why is she still hanging around if the party is over?”

A.J. slides into the driver’s seat of the SUV as he raises his eyebrows and honks the horn.

Nick sighs and slides into the driver’s seat of the rented ford focus, dripping wet as his clothes cling to his skin. He looks up as A.J. passes him in the other car, honking his horn yelling something out about “See you over there.” Nick sighs, slumping back in the seat he follows behind A.J. reluctantly, starting up his car and driving slowly away from the scenery.
~*~

“Look what’s going on with you?” Nadia prodded her friend, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

Genesis looks over at Nadia, sighing. “Nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“This nothing is pissing me off. Talk to me. I know something went down with you and Nick today at the party.”

“Did he tell you?” Genesis sits cross-legged on the floor.

Nadia nods, “Yeah.”

“Well then you know what’s wrong with me.” Genesis mumbles, playing with a strand of her hair.

Nadia snorts, shaking her head, “Angel, I talked with him about it.”

“So?”

“And I think it’s a big misunderstanding what you saw.”

“Ha! Whatever, actions talk more than words ever can.” Genesis trails her fingers through her hair gently.

“Gen when will you stop fronting and just admit you got a thing for him?” Nadia raises her eyebrows, watching her roll her eyes.

“Cause I don’t know what I want with him. That’s why. Part of me wants to believe that he’ll always be around but let’s real Dee, he’s leaving in a few days and that will it. I won’t ever see him again and we’ll have a separate live from then on.” Genesis whispers out painfully.

“Ohhh Angel. Don’t say that. You don’t know what will happen in a matter of hours. You didn’t think you’d fall for him so fast in a matter of a week let alone a day, so it’s a little strain for you. But Gen, he’s the one. I can see it. Don’t let him walk away without knowing what you want from him. Sure he screwed up, he’s not perfect, hell if he saw what you did he’d be in shock too.” She pauses to see Genesis break into a laugh, brushing back a lock of hair.

“But really Gen. Just talk with the man already. If he calls later today, pick up the phone and answer it k?” Nadia whispers, standing up and rushing over to the bathroom.

Once the door closes, Genesis blurts out, “Nadia you know he’s a blonde right?”

Nadia stops mid-way from yanking her top off in the bathroom and opens the door a crack with a smirk on her face. “Really? He’s a blondie?”

Genesis smiles, “Yeah why?”

“Oh nothing. Guess that explains a lot then.”

Genesis laughs and tosses a pillow at her friend, “Shut it.”

“Behave.” Nadia giggles out, her eyes the only thing visible from the crack. “And Gen…”

“Yes?”

“Talk to blondie will ya? Cause if I have to see you grumble and pout over a guy again, I’ll move out and you’ll have to find a new room mate.” She snickers, closing the door in time to miss the pillow hurling at her direction.

Genesis laughs and gets up from the floor, throwing herself on her back on her bed, gazing up at the ceiling when the soft humming of her mobile phone goes off, scattering her lost thoughts. Sitting up, she reaches over and sees the caller ID. “Nick. What a surprise.” She smirks, picking it up, taking a deep breath as she places the flip phone to her ear.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Guiding Heart by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Guiding Heart~**

He gulps and leans back in the driver’s seat, watching the pelting rain crash down on the windshield as he pulls over to the side of the road, the windshield wipers scraping over the glass. He clears his throat as his hand holds his flip phone to his ear. “Ummm…Hey Genesis, its me Nick. I just wanted to call you and see how things are.” He mutters out nervously, watching A.J. park in front of him at Kevin’s cabin.

Genesis leans back into her pillows, twirling a strand of her dark hair as she smiles softly. “I heard what you said.”

“At the window?”

“Yeah.”

“And you didn’t open the door I noted.” Nick whispers, playing with the keys hanging off the ignition slot.

“Yeah. Sorry about that.” Genesis responds back slowly. “I was just still upset with you and I still am. I don’t understand the whole thing with her kissing you. I guess she means something special to you doesn’t she?”

Nick rubs his eyes, thinking through his words before speaking: “Its been a while since I saw her. We use to date and stuff…but what you saw wasn’t meant to hurt you. She still has feelings for me and stuff is just getting a little stress between her and me. So she kissed me and it caught me by surprise.”

“Well you didn’t seem to put up much of a fight about it when it happened.”

He sighs, “I, I know. I was just in shock by the whole thing.”

“You said you guys stressed about what?”

Nick sighs, he couldn’t tell her that the infant Farah carried around was his son, he didn’t have the heart to break the news to Genesis so he decided against it. “It’s kinda crazy really. I guess I think she wanted to start where we left off before I came here to visit Kevin.”

At that comment, Genesis inhaled deeply, sitting up in her bed. “You were in a relationship when you left to start one with me?” She whispers out annoyed.

“No! No, it’s not like that. We broke up a while back but there was some kind of tension with us that never really left.” Nick parks the rented ford focus and sees A.J. calling him out of the car. Nick signals to his friend to wait as he slumps back in the seat, trying to explain things to Genesis.

“Tension? Like what Nick?”

Nick gulps, staring around the area quickly, the silence in the car almost deafening to him. “It’s nothing. She told me some stuff recently, I guess she still wanted to fix this relationship, but it’s already broken.”

“Did you call me to tell me that?” Genesis begins to sound annoyed, twirling her fingers around a strand of her hair.

“I, I just want to know what’s going with us, that’s all. I mean I practically poured out my heart to you in the front porch and I don’t even get a call back. Gen, look, if you don’t want anything to happen with us, let me know now. I don’t know if I can keep being misled like this. Things for me haven’t been so easy…”

Genesis cuts him off, intercepting: “Excuse me? Hold up, you think I’m misleading you in some way?”

Nick rolls his eyes, placing a hand on the steering wheel: “What do you call what happened when we back at your place. I thought we were about to get real intimate and stuff back at your place…”

“Sex? Nick is that what you think this is all about? Sex?!” Genesis blurts out not giving him a chance to speak through his ideas.

“Huh what? No, I don’t know! What, you didn’t seem to be fighting it though?” He snaps his mouth closed realizing his mistake as he hears a gasps at the other end of the phone line. “Uhhh…ummm…no. Oh, wait that didn’t come out right I meant…”

“No. You said it loud and clear Nick. No need to explain yourself further. I guess you just like every other man out there after all. And to think here I was thinking you are the only guy I met with a different perspective about me. But I guess I was wrong.” Genesis whispers out sadly, tracing a finger over a small design on her bed sheet.

Nick sits up in the car seat confused, “Whoa wait! You’re taking this all wrong. That’s not what I meant! Gen…”

“Don’t worry about it ok? I’ll see you tomorrow Carter. Night.” And she hangs up, tossing the phone to the side of her, watching it land on the bed sheet to the right of her.

Nick sucks his teeth: “Oh God, no! Hold on…” He calls out hearing the dial tone in his ear. Cursing softly, he stares at the mobile screen watching the small boat sail across it.

“Nick you coming inside man? Any day now.” A.J. calls from the front door of the cabin, leaning on the threshold.

Nick grumbles and exits the vehicle, racing up the stairs as the rain turns into a light drizzle.

“So who were you so engrossed to on the phone?” A.J. smirks, locking the door behind him as Nick enters the house.

“Ahh nothin”

“It was Genesis.” A.J. speaks out, grinning as he makes his way over to his bedroom, “Ohh by the way, Faith is outside with Kevin and Brian. I think you guys should talk and make it clear. Cause you got me and everyone else here all confused with what’s up with you two.”

Nick scoffs, presiding over to the back porch, stepping out to catch sight of Howie and Angela cuddle softly, enjoying each other’s company. Nick rolls his eyes at the couple and glances over to where Kevin and Kristin were cleaning up the grill as they whisper and smile at each other happily. Nick sighs and sees Suzy carrying a plate of covered food inside the cabin as she pokes Nick on the ribs. Smiling, he nods and slowly walks over to Brian who was holding Andy in his arms. Shoving his hands in his front jean pockets, he sighs and slumps into an empty lounge chair next to Brian.

Smirking, Brian glances over to Nick and holds up the baby, “Well welcome back. So it’s true?”

“About what?”

“You and Farah.” Brian whispers out, looking around to see Farah enter the cabin carrying a plate of covered food helping out in cleaning the back yard.

“What about us?” Nick leans back in the seat, staring at the ceiling of the porch.

Brian snorts: “She told me you and her were back together.”

“What?” Nick sits up. “That’s not true!”

Brian raises his eyebrows: “Really? Well you better clear it up with her. She’s telling the whole household about you guys hooking up.”

Nick growls, clutching his fists: “That little bi-” He pauses, glancing at the baby eying him curiously. Nick smirks annoyed at the infant and stops himself: staring at Brian. “Look, whatever she is saying is not true. Something occurred and A.J. knows about it. But right now I’m just not in the mood to go into it.”

“Why not?”

“Cause dude she’s around here and I don’t want her overhearing anything.”

“Over hearing what?” A.J. appears, stretching his arms over head as he stands in front of the guys.

“A.J. is there anyway you can get Farah to leave? I really don’t want to talk to her right now.” Nick pleads with his friend as he sits back.

A.J. snorts, “Aight man, chill. I can do that. But you sure you don’t wanna talk with her and CLEAR things up?” He emphasizes on one of the words.

Nick shakes his head, running a hand down his black dyed spikes. “Trust me. Not right now ok?”

A.J. raises his eyebrows, “Ok, but I think you should talk with her before she leaves man.”

“Why?” Nick growls out annoyed.

“Why not? What’s the problem? You act like something happened with you two that’s making you not to talk with her…” Brian states slowly putting some ideas together. “Ohhhhhh…Ahhhhh…wait something happened.”

A.J. gasps playfully, jokily placing a hand on his chest: “By God, our country boy here thinks as good as he sings!”

Nick breaks into a laugh as Brian jokily frowns, pushing his friend away: “Man shut up.”

Nick smirks as he sits up, “Did Nadia leave already?”

“Yeah. She left when the storm was pouring heavily. Why?” Brian states: bouncing his knee with little Andy laughing gently in his arms.

“Na just asking. That’s all.” Nick murmurs waving bye to Angela who kisses Brian’s and Nick’s cheek.

“Well boys, I gotta head back home for now. So I’ll see ya guys later ok.” Angela whispers.

A.J. smirks, “Where’s my kiss pretty mama?”

“Your kiss is with Suzy.” Angela smirks, pinching A.J.’s cheek.

A.J. puckers, “Come on, smack one on me girl. You know you wanna.”

Angela laughs, “You are crazy boy.” And she leans over, quickly kissing him on his cheek as Howie pulls her away.

“Keep your hands off her boy.” Howie jokes around at A.J. as they snicker and wave good bye to Angela who walks into the house to gather her stuff.

Kevin and Kristen laugh softly as Kristen looks at her watch and groans out.

“Awww, Kevin I have to head out. I have an early appointment tomorrow with my company’s clothing department. Seems we’re hiring a new fashion designer so I have to see if she’s the one we need for our fall lineup.”

Kevin nods and places an arm around her waist, pulling her to him: kissing her slowly as the other guys begin to jokily gag and moan out a “Ewwww.”

Kristin laughs as she pulls away him, “Guess the kids aren’t ready to see that.”

“Guess not.” Kevin smirks as he hears the others laughing in the background.

Once Kirsten and Angela leave the house, Farah enters the backyard as the guys leave Nick alone to talk with her.

Nick was about to get up to get inside but Kevin shoves him back in his seat on the beach chair. “Talk with her Nick. I think you’re about to hear something that is gonna leave you in shock.” He whispers out to his friend.

Nick narrows his eyes and growls out whispering to Kevin: “Please man. I don’t wanna talk with her. I’m not in the mood.”

“Nick you’ll need to talk to her someday. Might as well do it now and get it over with. So get in the mood.” Kevin raises his dark eyebrows at him as he exits into the cabin. Nick sighs, throwing his legs up on the bench chair regretting coming back here after all. He should have stand at the bridge where the rain was his company rather than having to see the woman again.

Farah gracefully comes over to him, sliding into the vacant bench chair besides his as she sees Brian hand Andy to her before heading back into the house. Nick looks over at Brian who was entering the threshold and whispers out a “Good luck” before escaping into the house.

Sighing, Nick focuses his eyes back on Farah as she gulps and glances down at the yawning infant.

“Well Nick. I guess I should say I was glad hanging out with you today but you seemed more entertained with the dancer lady than your son.” Farah purposefully blurts out, hurting his ego along the way.

Nick licks his lips, not knowing how to respond to that: “What do you want to tell me? You’ve been acting weird lately and I don’t know what’s going on. You suddenly appear out of no where after months of not seeing each other with a child you believe is mine. So I’m tired, just tell me please what’s the deal?”

Farah brushes aside her golden locks and glances down at Andy who wiggles and begins to gurgle, swinging his tiny hands around in circles. “Nick, I came back here because of you.”

“Because of me…why?”

“Because I fallen in love with you and I didn’t know it until we were over.” Farah whispers out, tugging on loose flaxen lock.

“No.” Nick whispers.

“No…what do you mean?”

“No you’re not in love with me.” Nick whispers out, leaning his head back on the head rest of the bench chair.

“How do you know what I’m feeling? I know what I feel and it’s you Nickolas.”

Nick cringes at the usage of his full name and sighs, turning his head to look at her: “I say it cause you suddenly appear after months of not dating with a child. That’s why I say you don’t love me.” He sits up and gazes at her gently, glancing down at the infant smiling. “You’re a sweet girl and all. But if you think we can just pick and start from where we left off then its impossible.”

“Why? Why is it impossible? Nick don’t you care for me? For your son for God’s sake?”

“Shhhh…Yes I care for the both of you but that doesn’t it make what you did right. You can’t expect me to stop what I’m doing and change it all for your sake. That’s not right for you or for me.”

Farah narrows her eyes, not liking where the conversation was heading as she cradles her infant in her embrace. “Sometimes love makes you do strange things. I should know. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love you. I came to find you Nick. Yes I’m visiting family but I knew you would be here at around this time and hence I took the chance. Sometimes you have to risk a lot of things in life to get what you want and I did that. I left my warm comfortable life in Florida to come here to find you, to get you back, to win you over. And I regret what happened in the past. If I could take it all back to not lose you again I would. Nick I lied about things that I thought I never would and I did things that I wish I never thought I could do. I regret it so much but there is nothing I can at this point.”

Nick gulps, pressing his back on the chair firmly, fidgeting, wishing he could run inside the cabin and just away from hearing what the woman was about to say. He eyes her as she pauses and exhales slowly.

“I regret things Nick, but I think you have a right to know about them.”

“Why?”

“Because it involved you in some way or another.”

Nick closes his eyes, slowly sitting up waiting to hear the news.

Farah smiles guiltily as she begins her story starting from the time they first got together. Nick’s thoughts swirled in his mind as he listens to her story to see what surprise she will now throw on him.
~*~

Genesis sniffs, blowing into a tissue as she sighs frustrated, staring at her television black screen. She couldn’t get her mind off the conversation with Nick. Why should she care for a stranger? How can she allow herself to fall for someone so easily and so quickly? Perhaps she was hoping for something more with him but how can he hurt her so fast? Maybe Nadia was right, she was falling faster that she thought for the man that it’s blinding her to a point. But he broke her heart kissing that other woman and even though he went out of his way to personally apologize to her, how can she trust that he won’t break her heart again?

Nadia folds a pile of clothes on her own bed and gazes at Genesis smirking: “You know the harder you fight it the more you lose to it.”

“Excuse me?” Genesis looks up, brushing back a lock of her dark brown hair behind her ear.

Nadia sighs, crossing over to her friend as she sits down on Genesis’s bed. “You have been fighting for the past week over what you feel for that man. Why don’t you tell me right now what is it that you’re waiting for? Do you want him to leave and not look back? Do you want to try to erase what you guys had before it becomes more? Gen, tell me already cause look, as close as I am to you as a friend, I’m confused so no wonder poor Nick is running around with his head cut off like a chicken.”

Genesis smirks at the expression used and sniffs, clasping her hands. “I’m afraid that what…” She stops, running a hand through her hair nervously.

“Of what sweetie? What do you have to be afraid of?” Nadia warmly responds, surprised to see her friend so emotional over a guy. Smiling gently, she knew that this man was far different from anyone Genesis had in her life. Never was Genesis known to get so caught with a man before but Nick was affecting her in ways she never knew.

Genesis sighs, rolling up her wet tissue: “I’m just afraid of being so hurt again. I mean look what happened with the whole kissing thing. He just called when you were in the bathroom and he was telling me about what happened but I just don’t know what to think.”

“Gen he drove through the storm to tell you he cares for you. Do you know how he feels for you? Gen the guy is head over heels for you and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out girl. He got it bad for you.” She whispers, her black curls grace her tan cinnamon face as she stands up, heading back to her bed to finish folding her clothes. “Now the question remains…what will you do about it? The ball is in your court now.”

Genesis sniffs, shrugging her shoulders: “I don’t know what to do.”

“How about I make this easier for you girl? Follow your heart. Try that and see what happens ok?”

Genesis smiles, gazing at her. “I’ll see what happens. But I’m not making any promises.”

“Gen just date him and see what happens. It can be an eye opener for the both of you.” She tucks a folded shirt into her dresser as she reaches for a pair of socks and places them neatly in the dresser.

“Date him…”

“You make is sound hard to do.” Nadia raises her eyebrows.

“It’s not that. It’s I don’t know. I just don’t know what to expect from him that’s all.”

“Expect the best, he’s not out to hurt you. He cares for you deeply and I think the last he would want is to purposely go out and hurt you. Think about it Gen, he wouldn’t waste his time driving through the rain to personally talk and apologize to you. I say what a man and damn are there more out there like that?” She jokes, gazing at her.

Genesis smirks, “I guess you’re right…for now. But I swear if something wrong happens, you’ll be first person I’m going after.”

“Is that a threat Martinez?”

“Call it as you see it Rodriguez.” Genesis smirks, standing up and heading to the bathroom.

“Ha, I shall and so it is written. Shall I call and set a date with Nick for you?” She teases.

Genesis smiles, “Knock yourself out girl.” And she closes the door behind so she can shower and clean herself up.

“Hehe, aight. Shall do.” Nadia smirks and closes her dresser, quickly going over to Genesis’s cell and finding Nick’s number on it. “Hehe, Nicky I’m about to set you up with the hottest chick around.” She whispers to herself as she dials his number.
~*~

Nick sits there stunned at the news as Farah stares at the floor filled with guilt.

“I, I’m so sorry Nick.”

“You…you did that behind my back…after all I did for you and treated me in that way?” He stands up mumbling, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Please I didn’t mean to cheat on you!”

“NOOO, THE HELL YOU DIDN’T! HOW, HOW THE HELL I AM SUPPOSE TO FEEL?!” He yells out, anger rising slowly in him.

Farah cringes as Andy begins to bawl out, his little cries breaking the argument.

Nick tenses up, making a fist as she glares at him. “I don’t know what to think now. All that time and you go behind me to sleep with another man and have his child!” He cries out. Tears touching his pupils in anger as he inhales trying to calm down.

A.J. looks from the inside the cabin at the sound of Nick’s yells and gulps. “Rok, I think he knows now.”

“Gee, you think?” Brian mumbles out sarcastically, peering through the back porch window to see the couple in distress.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to leave them there alone. Nick has a short temper and he could get himself in deeper water than he knows.” Howie whispers, inching close to the terrence.

Kevin sits up from the sofa in the den and smirks, “Trust me guys when I say he has a right to be upset with the news she told him.”

“What she say man?” A.J. asks curiously, plopping down a sofa across from him.

“I’m not here to spread gossip, let’s just say she missed up with the kid and had to confess something to Nick.” Kevin stands up, brushing a hand through his raven spikes.

“Charming. She screwed another man or something?” A.J. blurts out, his jean covered legs folded cross legged on the sofa.

Kevin raises his eyebrows and exits the den, entering his room for something.

“See, why Kevin always have to walk out on me when I’m curious about things?” A.J. smirks, popping a soda can open, swirling the dark liquid inside it. He takes a sip of the cold fresh soda as he can feel the other’s eyes on him. “What?”

“You’re an idiot Alex.” Brian chuckles, leaning on the sofa across from him, tying a red ribbon around his fingers out of boredom.

A.J. grins and eyes his sandy haired friend, “Whatever. I say what I’m curious to know. Ain’t nothing wrong with that. And besides at least I stay entertained cause then I would be tying little ribbons around my hands like someone here.”

“Hey I’m bored.” Brian snorts, tugging on the ribbon with a smirk on his face.

Howie glances outside the window shaking his head, “Well whatever she told him pissed him off fast.”

“That’s our boy.” A.J. lounges back in the sofa as all eyes stare out the glass window to see the distress couple.
~*~

She enters the small entertainment of the house finding a pot of wet clay. Bored out of her mind, she turns on the wheel as it begins to spins slowly. Slumping down into the stool, she places her hands on the wet cold clay and begins molding it into a vase. Nadia sticks her head in the room and smiles, slowly creeping in.

“Hey wow. Haven’t seen you in this room for a while. I thought I had to close it down since you barely used it. Well that or start charging for lessons to rent the room.” Nadia giggles, entering the small room decorated in a red pool table at the center of the room as it surrounds walls of curved metal spiral bookcases and shelves. A dart board was located on the right side of the white walls as large bay windows to the left exposed the sight of the beach, the pouring evening sun invited into the room.

Genesis looks up and smirks, her wet gray clay covered hands continue working on the vase before her. “Yeah well I figured if someone didn’t use this room I would have to change into a strip hall or something.”

At that comment, Nadia breaks into a laugh as she goofily begins to strip off her shades, tossing them to a small leather seat located to the left of her.

“I see you’re amused by it.”

“Sure am Angel. Ohhh I tried calling Nick’s cell but he had his voicemail on. Just call him later or something on your own and do your thing. I have to head out actually, Joey told me my cousin is planning a small get together and begin working on her wedding so I got to put my two senses in case she’s a mess at this point.” Nadia mentions, grabbing her white Prada handbag.

“Awww, that’s right. The poor thing. Well it will be worth the stress when she sees how beautiful her special day will be.” Genesis grins, looking back at the clay vase that was shaping out to be more of a bowl.

“Gen, we can always use more bowls in the house I guess. Just don’t show that to Nick. He might pick on you if he knew you made it.” Nadia teases, applying red lipstick on her full pouting lips as her smooth deeply tan caramel complexion glowed through the evening’s lazy light.

Genesis giggles and flicks a small speck of clay at her friend who gasps and moves out the way in time.

“Hey you little punk, watch it.” Nadia smirks, playfully poking her friend in the ribs. “Aight girl. I gotta head out. I’ll be back in three hours, cause I’ll be so bored out of my mind or I start a fight with my cousin and get kicked out of her house: either way should be an entertaining evening.”

“Have fun girl.”

“Ha, I’ll try. And you behave. Don’t let me catch you and mister suave doing the nasty when I walk in.” Nadia teases her as she ducks out of the way of flying clay.

“Really funny girl. We wouldn’t do something like that.”

“Yet. Cause there is always room for sex.” Nadia responds, laughing along the way as she exits the house.

“Nut.” Genesis whispers happily out to her disappearing friend as she focuses back on the clay.
~*~

Nick watches Farah board her car and she painfully looks at him before closing the door behind her. Nick could feel his eyes glare at her direction as little Andy was placed in the baby seat in the backseat by Kevin.

The other guys wave off Farah as she pulls away from the driveway, glancing back at Nick one last time before driving away down the road and disappearing.

“Kevin didn’t tell us, so what happened back there?” A.J. quietly asks, eying Nick.

Nick sighs, relieved to know that at least he was not the father of the child. “She lied to me man. Claimed the whole kid story on me cause she wanted me back in her life.”

“Whoa! Wait! Andy ain’t your kid?” A.J. inquires, settling down on the front porch step. The other guys gather around the front stairs all waiting to hear what Nick had to say.

“Yup, just about. She led me on and stuff and here I was freaking out cause I thought I screwed her up with having a child and the damn kid ain’t even mine’s!”

Brian whistles, shaking his head: “Wow, sorry Nick. I don’t get it. Why would she do that to you?”

“That’s what I was trying to find out when she was talking to me guys, but she just said she still had feelings for me and wanted me in the kid’s life.” Nick sighs out frustrated.

“Well at least that’s done and over with. Now you can concentrate on the girl you like.” Howie smiles, entering the cabin at the sound of the house phone ringing.

Nick nods as Kevin and Brian follow behind Howie inside the house.

A.J. raises his eyebrows and smirks, cracking his knuckles: “So how you gonna fix up the mess with you and miss dance till I make you horny?”

Nick smiles at the comment, shaking his head. “I still have some time. Maybe I’ll go over to her place now and see how she’s doing. Maybe she’ll talk to me now if she’s home.”

“Call Nadia and find out first if Gen is home before you head out over there. And that whole thing with Farah, man I’m just glad she left. The chick had a little obsession thing for you that was peeving me off.” A.J. leans his chin on his folded hands as small grin bursts through his lips.

“Is it pissing you off that she was here and stuff or what?” Nick smirks, sitting next to A.J. on the second step.

“That out of all the people to obsess over: she picked you. I mean if it was me, I would understand ‘cause I can’t help looking this good. But you, well you’re different.” A.J. jokes around as Nick playfully shoves him on the shoulder.

“Dude shut up.”

“Hehe. Go to her, man.”

“Huh?”

“Go to Genesis. I don’t wanna stall ya. I know you want her. The way her name cross your ears, you get all flushed and stuff. You’re worse than a school girl in plaid when it comes to liking the opposite sex.” A.J. teases softly, smiling at Nick who quietly laughs.

“It’s not that bad now is it?”

“Uhhh, yeah it is. Now go. I don’t want to stall you.” A.J. smiles: pushing Nick off the step.

Nick laughs and stands up, taking out his car keys and heading over to the black rented car.

“Na uh. Here, take the black SUV we came in.” A.J. hands the car keys over to him.

“Aight cool. Thanks man.”

“No prob. And hey take your time. Girls aren’t always easy to understand.” A.J. points out, going up the stairs and leaning over the small wooden railing on the porch.

Nick nods, “I hear ya on that. I’ll see ya later.”

“Yeah aight. And Nick good luck. She’ll talk with you, I’m sure of it.”

“I hope so.” And with that he boards the black SUV and takes off down the road as A.J. smirks, entering the house as he locks the door behind him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Grateful Wishes by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Grateful Wishes~**

Nick rides silently down the light traffic and exits off the next ramp, slowing down at the first stop light. Fidgeting nervously, he messes with his cell phone when he sees he received voicemail. Quickly putting the phone to his ear, he hears Nadia’s message and smirks at the message she left:

-“Hey its me Nadia wanting to call you for my girl Gen. Just wanting to let you know that I think its time you and her talk for real. I know you like her, she likes you too even if she claims to deny it. Look, I called cause I want you know that you make her happy. I never seen her that way with any man before in her life and to be honest, this is a big deal. Anyways, I called cause I thought of setting you guys up on a date. But I’ll leave this message here. Anyways, she’ll be home all night today so maybe you can wine and dine her like the man you are and sweep her off her feet. And Nick if you hear this message do me this one big favor…kiss her ok? I think she needs some loving, but shhh…don’t her I told you ok? Hehe. Good luck, you can do it Nicky!!!!” –

Nick pulls away his phone, his laughter filling the car as he drives down another lane, shaking his head. “She cares about me huh? Aight let me find out myself.” He whistles quietly, pulling up to Genesis’s driveway and quickly exits his vehicle, running over to the porch and up the steps. Sighing, he stands before the front door, wondering what will be her reaction to see him face to face. “Only one way to find out.” And he raises his hand, pushing the small bell on the side of the threshold.
~*~

She hums quietly to herself, gently singing out a song from Celine Dion’s “All By Myself”

“When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone
Livin' alone
I think of all the friends I've known
When I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore.”

She gazes down at the clay vase and smirks, shaking her head: “Dee was right, this is looking more like a bowl than anything else.” She sighs and stands up, walking away from the clay and wooden spinning wheel to exit the room. The sound of the door bell sounded off sending her to fly down the hallway and over to the kitchen sink to wipe some of the clay off her hands. The bell buzzes off again as she frowns and heads over to the front door. “Calm your nerves, I’m coming already, I can hear the bell you know.” She yells out swinging open the door not noticing who was waiting for her in front of it.

Nick smiles as he gazes at her gently, noting the clay smeared on her shirt and arms, he licks his lips. “I don’t think I ever seen clay look this good before.”

Genesis rolls her eyes at the lame attempt and leans on the threshold. “Hello Carter. What’s with the visit?”

“I think we should talk.”

“Well gee that’s what we’re doing.”

“Gen, please. Just let me talk to you without you badgering me first ok?” Nick raises his eyebrows at her as she releases a deep breath.

“Fine. Talk then.”

“Ok…ummm…but are you gonna let me in?” Nick whispers, his sapphire orbs staring at her face, capturing every detail of her body within his perspective.

She sucks her teeth and moves aside: “Might as well.”

Nick nods and quickly strolls in, locking the door behind him. Sighing slowly, he turns to see Genesis attentive and alert, her arms crossed before her chest ready to hear his excuse.

“Things have been a little weird with us since the beginning. I’m not gonna lie, as much as I wanted to run away and not hurt you. I somehow manage to do it without even intending on it. I guess trouble tends to look for me. But I just wanna say that I ummm…well I, I, I think I’ve been avoiding what I was feeling for you cause I thought you weren’t interested in me like I am with you. And the thought that in a matter of days I’ll be flying back to Florida scares me…” Nick stops, feeling the boring of Genesis’s eyes trained on him.

“Scares you?” Genesis whispers: sitting on the arm of her sofa, rubbing her left hand down her right arm nervously.

“Yeah. Cause I think that once I do that, I might not see you again. And I can’t have that happen. I can’t lose you to another guy when I’m the one who should be here with you.” Nick quietly whispers out, feeling the heat on his face as he gazes at the wooden shiny planks then back at her beautiful face.

Genesis stands up from the sofa and quietly stands before him, stunned by the news and unsure what to say.

“Genesis. I wanna be with you. I’m tired of being all by myself and I know you are too.” Nick quietly states, taking her palms with his own, holding her hands gently as he gazes into her eyes.

“Who says I’m by myself?” Genesis murmurs out, pulling her hands away from him to take a step back.

Nick scratches the back of his head and sighs, “Genesis what do you want from me?”

“What?”

“You heard me. Look, I’m tired of having to tell you what I feel for you when you haven’t even tried to tell me what you want. I know I can’t give you everything you want…but God I want to try. But you’re not making it easier for me. I need to know what you want me to do for you. If you’re not interested in starting a relationship with me, its ok, I’ll get it over it. I won’t diss you though and leave you hanging when its time for the performance thing, but at the same time it’ll be a hard time me getting over you.”

“Nick…I, I’m scared.”

“Of what?” Nick asks concerned, gazing at her as he sits down on the edge of the sofa, his eyes focused on her.

“Of this! Of you and me. Of things working out only to know I can’t keep you.” Genesis cries out, afraid of opening her feelings out to a man that only a week ago didn’t exist to her.

“Who said things wouldn’t work out? We haven’t even tried!” Nick states boldly, feeling the tension in the room begin to thicken.

“I’m just tired of getting my heart broken that’s why. Nick in a few days once it hits Saturday, you’ll leave this place and you’ll leave me. I can’t fall in love with you. Cause I can’t stand crying over you if you go.” She whispers out, shocked that she revealed her confessions to him so openly and quickly. She drops her head, feeling the sting in her eyes as tears begin to cloud her vision. But it had to be done, the sooner it was out the more she was ready to bear the rest of the truth and live with it.

Nick frowns and goes over to her, wiping away a tear that starting trailing down her quivering cheeks. “Hey, I would never leave you like this. Gen…You showed me things I never experienced before. No one has ever believed in me like you have. Last week I could barely dance to the right beat yet here I am right now with the skills of dancer and only cause you worked me hard enough to know it. I’m grateful for your faith. I wouldn’t have done it right if you never believed in me. And sometimes one has to risk falling in love, cause then you never know what could happen. But I thank you.”

Genesis looks up at him and smiles, sniffing gently as he holds her hands with his own. “Your welcome. Ummm…maybe you want something to drink or something, I can get you…” She begins backing away, heading to the kitchen when Nick grabs her arm and pulls her to him so she was in his arms.

“No. Shhh…Gen just chill. I’m ok.” Nick smiles, taking a seat on the sofa as he pulls her along with him. She gulps and feeling strange about that whole moment they just had sits still as Celine Dion’s “All By Myself” continues to play:

Nick smiles and begins singing out the words to the songs softly as Genesis giggles:

“Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure.

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
All by myself
Anymore

When I was young
I never needed anyone
Making love was just for fun
Those days are gone.”

Nick stops and smirks at her direction as she wipes away the wet tears that touched her cheeks. “What?”

“Nothing. I never knew you could sing that’s all.”

“Well you never asked.” He smirks, leaning back in the sofa, wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling for her to get closer to him.

Smiling, she slowly eases her way so that she was sitting closely besides him, her hand gently touching his knee. “So what now?”

Nick kisses her forehead, brushing back a lock of her dark hair behind her ear. “Not sure. Depends on what you want to do now.”

Genesis smiles, sniffing as she leans her head on his shoulder, her hand running up to his chest. “Depends on me huh? You sure that’s a good idea?” She teases.

Nick laughs softly, “Well if it was up to me I’m not sure what you would think of my plans.”

“Your plans sound naughty.” She smirks, poking him as he smiles and cups her face, slowly kissing her on her lips. She returns the kiss and both remain in each other’s arms deeply involved in their kiss. Slowly Nick gently pushes her back into the sofa so she lying on her back as he leans over her still caught up in the kiss.

Genesis smiles, pulling him to her as her arms wrap around his neck. Pulling away from his kiss, she smiles and runs a finger down his cheek. “Nick?”

Nick gazes at her: he exhales slowly, the brush of air touching her cheek. “Yeah?”

“I’m sorry it took me forever to figure out what I wanted from you. But I know what I decided to do.”

Nick takes interest and listens, gazing at her inches away from her lips. “Am I gonna like the news?”

Genesis giggles, “You better.”

“So I’m taking it you gonna give us a chance?” Nick beams, his eyes glitter like a child eager on Christmas morning.

Genesis laughs, feeling his weight on her: “Yeah.”

“Sweet!!!” Nick yells out, laughing.

Genesis giggles, running a hand through his black hair, “So you’re a blonde huh?”

“Yeah.” Nick smirks, “Why?”

“Let’s get that dye out and see what you really look like.” Genesis smirks, slowly sitting up as Nick moves away.

“K. Though you might like what you see.”

“Well I better.” Genesis smiles, wrapping her hand in his.

Nick smiles, placing a hand on her cheek as he leans in to kiss her deeply.

Genesis moans out as his lips touch her and pulls away quickly to stand up and pulls him along with her. “Come on. Let’s go to the bathroom.”

Nick smirks, “Damn, you’re kinky. In there?”

Laughing, Genesis shakes her head: “What?! No you bad boy, let’s get the dye out now.”

“You’re so eager to see me blonde, what does it matter?” Nick teases, standing up and following behind the petite woman.

“Cause, I’m curious that’s all.”

“Curiosity gets people in lot of trouble.” Nick smirks, placing his hands on her lower back.

“Well sometimes you gotta risk it right?”

“I like this bad side you got.” Nick grins, entering the bathroom behind Genesis.

“Sweetie it was always there. You just didn’t know about it.” Genesis giggles, pushing Nick to the closed purple clothed toilet seat. “You’re so bad. You don’t think I would pick this place to well, hehe, you know.”

“Sex isn’t a bad word you know. I’m a big boy in more than one way.” Nick jokes around, taking a seat on the toilet seat as Genesis burst out in laughter.

“Hmmm…bad boy. Quiet you. Let me find the stuff to take that dye out.” She giggles, swaying her hips as she bends over searching through the bottom bathroom cabinet.

Nick’s eyes remained glued on her behind as he smiles and feels a hit on his leg from her. “Hey, ow.”

“Stop looking there.”

“I would if it wasn’t in front of my face.”

“Well no one is forcing you to hold your gaze over my behind.” Genesis smirks, straighten up as she holds a bottle of clear liquid to take the dye out.

“True but you don’t make it easy for a guy now do you?” Nick grins as Genesis snorts, chuckling gently.

She smiles and gently cups Nick’s head, pushing it behind him to the sink so his head was on the sink. “You just stay still while I take it off.”

Nick smiles, “You’re gonna do it? I could take the dye out fast.”

“I know. But I want to do it.”

Nick nods and grins, feeling her gentle hand run through his dark locks. “So…you ready?”

Genesis nods, turning on the sink water, letting the cool water run. “Just about.” She finds a pair of latex gloves, slipping them over her hands as she quickly begins pouring the substance to remove the black dye from Nick’s hair.

After fully rubbing the liquid through his hair, she begins grinning seeing the black dye begin to wash out of his hair. Giggling, she drains the hair free of the black dye and turns off the water, standing back to see Nick run a hand through his wet hair.

Smirking, he stands up to glance in the bathroom mirror to see his golden locks and turns back gaze at her. “So what do you think?”

“I love it.” She giggles, moving towards him as they begin to passionately kiss. Her hands roam through his hair as he wraps his arms around her waist picking her up and twirls her around as they pull away from their kiss and laugh.

“Good. And you know what? I’m glad to see my hair didn’t scare you.”

“No way. It’s hott. I don’t get why you color your hair though. You got tired of the color and wanted a change or what?” Genesis smirks, flicking a wet spike of his hair with her fingers.

Nick chuckles, “It’s a little more than that. It was a bet, I lost and that was my punishment.”

“Coloring your hair was a punishment?” Genesis snickers, pulling away from him as she cleans up the sink and puts away the materials used.

“Hell yeah. I love my hair. I swear to the guys that if I wake up losing a strand of my hair I’ll go bald before the hair loss starts. Plus cause the thought of my hair leaving me is a scary thing.” Nick jokes around as they exit the bathroom and go to the kitchen.

Genesis serves him a soft drink as she takes a seat across him and sighs happily. “I’m glad you came over. Nadia left me here alone and she wanted us to get together.”

“I know. She left a message about that.” Nick states after a few sips of his drink, sliding into a chair across from her. “But I’m here and that’s all that matters right?” He smiles, raising his eyebrows at her as she giggles.

He places the empty soda can on the kitchen counter and takes a seat back in the chair, leaning across the table to kiss Genesis. She leans over the table top, crawling on it to reach Nick. Nick smirks and gets up on the table, pushing the napkins and small decorations off the table as he leans down and continues kissing Genesis.

“I hope you didn’t break anything, doing that.” She breathes out in between kisses as she places her hands on his cheeks, slowly taking in each kiss with a sigh.

Nick whispers out in between kisses, “If I did, I’ll personally buy you a new one.”

Genesis pulls inches away from his lips as she gazes at him, smiling and giggling at his comment. His hands crawl around to her waist as he kisses her neckline causing her to close her eyes as she exhales slowly clutching her arms around his neck. Nick smiles and slips his hands under her shirt running his fingers down her back. She shivers from his touch and lets her hands drop down to his shirt, tugging on it. They continue kissing deeply as Nick inches up on the table, hearing the table creak under their weight.

Genesis pulls away from him laughing as Nick smirks. “Uhhh yeah I think we should get off before I break the table too.” Nick teases as Genesis laughs.

“Maybe we can continue this in my bedroom.”

Nick grins, “Cool! Really?”

Genesis giggles, nodding her head: “Yes really.”

“Aight. Well let’s go then.” Nick whispers out excitedly, not noticing how close he was the edge of the table and rolls off, landing on his back smack on the tiled kitchen floor.

Genesis laughs as she slides off the table, gazing over at him. “Yeah, let’s go. The kitchen is too dangerous for you. You could hurt yourself.”

“Gee you think?” Nick smiles, taking Genesis’s hand to pull himself up. He immediately wraps his arms around her waist and begins pelting her with kisses as Genesis walks backwards out of the kitchen. She blindly leads them to the bedroom, her back to the room as all she sees is Nick’s strong arms and soft lips greeting her body. She walks backwards, hitting her bed as Nick smirks and quickly scans the room. “Nice room. Never seen it before until today.”

“Yeah. Thanks.” She giggles as Nick picks her up and wraps her legs around his waist as they continue kissing deeply. He runs his hands through her dark locks and pants:

“Wait, how do I know you haven’t dyed your hair?” Nick smirks, gazing at her dark ponytail.

“Why would I do that to myself? I like my color hair. And that’s such a blonde question.” She jokes around as Nick laughs and gently passes his hands down her shirt.

“I’m not a blonde when it comes to having sex. I know where and how to put it in.” Nick smirks, receiving a laugh from Genesis as they slowly continue their kissing. He kneels down and places Genesis on her back on her bed as he gets on top of her, both gently panting as they smirk.

“Will you stay the night with me?”

Nick smiles, “You want to me to? What about your roommate?”

“I’ll tell her not to come home tonight.” Genesis smirks, running a hand down his warm left cheek, staring into his deep blue eyes. “And will your buddies ask about you if you go missing tonight?”

“Na. I think they’ll know I’m here if they need me.” Nick whispers, licking his lips erotically as he kisses her neck and runs his hands down her hips.

“Ok well good then.” She pants out, giggling as he straddles her and slowly traces his fingers down the arch of her back. “You’re like a new different man I’m looking at.” She smirks as she pulls on his t-shirt.

He gently laughs as they continue to kiss, getting lost in each other’s embrace.
~*~

“Oh check it! This is the part where the kid gets possessed!” A.J. sits up in the sofa excited, pointing to the plasma television that Kevin managed to buy recently for his recent company.

“Gee thanks. Ruin the movie for me A.J. why don’t ya?” Brian murmurs, nibbling on a popcorn.

Howie laughs, snatching the popcorn bucket out of Brian’s hands, leaning back in the round cushioned sofa. “Shhh…guys come on. I never saw this movie either, quiet down.”

A.J. gasps quietly and pokes Howie on the ribs: “D, how can you not have seen ‘The Exorcist’ before? It’s only a classic, might I add.”

“And can I say that watching the movie means placing eyes towards the t.v. and not talking?” Kevin growls out quietly, throwing a kernel at A.J.’s direction.

“Ya all wack.” A.J. smirks, dodging the kernel as he slumps back in the leather black sofa of the air ventilated living room.

“Shhhhh…” Howie whispers out, kicking up his feet on the coffee table as he leans back in the sofa. He feels a pair of eyes glaring at him as he looks at Kevin, clearing his throat. “Right yeah, sorry. Forgot.” He says softly, quickly taking his feet off the coffee table.

“Is it just me or are we forgetting someone?” Brian whispers out.

“Shhhhh…” Kevin whispers out.

“Yeah, where’s Nick at?” Howie whispers out, getting another “Shhhhh” from Kevin.

“Do I have to turn off the t.v. until ya quiet down? And I don’t know where Nick is at.” Kevin grumbles out, a smirk appearing on the side of his lips.

“Yes papa, we’ll behave.” Brian grins, batting his sapphire orbs at his cousin.

“Funny. Real cute.” Kevin mumbles out sarcastically.

“Thanks, we try.” A.J. smirks, jumping at the eerie sound coming from the movie.

The stereo sound effects boomed loudly, sending Howie to jump out of his seat, sending some of the popcorn scattering across the waxed wooden plank floor all around him. The others laugh as Howie blushes and quickly takes a seat back, slumping in the sofa.

“D, it’s just a movie man. Nothing to be scared of.” A.J. cracks up as Kevin places a finger on his lips.

“One last time. Quiet or the movie goes off.” Kevin states seriously, gazing at the three men before him.

Brian smiles: glancing over at A.J. and Howie who both smirk and nod their heads.

Kevin gulps and sits up: “What are you guys thinking of?”

“Hehe, wouldn’t you like to know?” A.J. chuckles, digging his hands into the popcorn bucket Howie is holding.

Chuckling, Howie grabs a handful of popcorn as well as Kevin’s eyes shot open and smirks.

“Stop. You guys wouldn’t. We’re watching a movie.” Kevin whispers out, indicting to the large screen as the girl in the movie begins to hiss and speak in demonic voice.

Brian quickly reaches into the popcorn bucket and all three of them throw their handful of popcorn at Kevin who sits there bombarded with the butter salty food. Kevin cringes in disgust as a line of wet butter slides down the back of his shirt as he brushes off the popcorn and smirks, picking up a small bowl of salsa dip and dumping it over Brian’s head.

A.J. and Howie watch in interest, bursting out in laughter as Brian’s mouth drops open.

“Kev…” Brian mouths out, wiping some of the salsa off his eyes hearing his friends laughing out and cheering Kevin on.

“I can’t believe you didn’t think I wouldn’t know you were gonna do that.” Kevin smiles: standing up to wipe some of the butter off his white t-shirt. “I wasn’t born yesterday.” He smirks, flicking some of the butter off at A.J. and Howie who jump yet get hit with some of the sticky liquid.

“You don’t say now?” A.J. smirks, shaking some of the popcorn butter off his hair, settling down to watch the movie.

Howie smirks, leaning back in the sofa feeling the sticky popcorn butter smear down the inside of his army tank top. “Yuck.”

“Shhhh…” Kevin smirks, settling back in the seat as Brian takes a napkin taking off the salsa off his face, some of the red mixture still lingering around his ears and nose.

“Hey that shhhh… got you in trouble in the first place. You don’t want a second round now do ya?” Brian grins.

Kevin sits up and smiles: “Bring it on!”

“Haha, don’t say I didn’t warn ya man.” A.J. grins, throwing some popcorn as an all out popcorn fight begins again.

“Hey I didn’t see this movie yet.” Howie pouts in his seat as a kernel plops on his head, smirking he joins in the food fight, the movie playing out loudly but scaring any of the men in the process.
~*~

He drives down the highway silently as Nadia leans back in the passenger seat, singing softly to a ballad “True” playing on the radio.

“Who’s that guy singing that song?” Joey asks, his caramel hands steering his car.

“Some new artist coming out or something. Ryan Cabrera I think. Cute kid really.”

Joey smirks, “Aight. Listen, I hope you didn’t mind leaving your car back at your place.”

“Na, it’s cool. I think its sweet you surprised me and picked me up.” Nadia yawns pulling on the headboard above her to take out some folded useless papers.

“Well good. I’m taking you home with me tonight if you don’t mind.”

“Ohhh, you’re kidnapping me?” Nadia sits up, her black locks tumble pass her shoulders.

“If you want to call it that.” Joey smirks, glancing at her before focusing back on the road.

“Hehe, nice: though I have to pick up some stuff if you don’t mind. I mean a girl needs some things to make her happy.”

“Ahhh you don’t any stuff. I’ll get you some nice stuff. I don’t wanna make another journey.”

“Joey baby I need some personal belongings if you know what I mean and you know the stores around here closed early.” Nadia yawns, cracking her knuckles.

Joey sighs, turning the car around to go back down the lane. “Fine, fine. Make sure you get the red lingerie top since you’re getting some stuff.”

“Aight.” She leans back, relaxing in the seat. After a good half hour, Joey pulls up to the dirt road leading to her house as Nadia sits up, seeing another car in the driveway.

Joey pulls up to her to her driveway, stopping behind a black SUV and smirks. “Since when did you and Gen own an Expedition?”

“Ahhhh…not sure to be real with ya.” She smirks, exiting the car and leaning her head in the open passenger window. “Baby, I’ll be right back. Give me like a minute. Shouldn’t be too long k.”

“Aight. I’m timing you. Go.” Joey smirks, passing a caramel hand down his handsome face. Nadia giggles and races up to the front door, unlocking it and heading to her bedroom to see the door locked. Raising her eyebrows, she glances at her cell phone tucked in its little clip, blinking red. Smirking, she listens to the voicemail:

“Hey Dee, it’s me Angel, just letting you know to don’t bother coming over tonight. I have company and it would be rude if you appeared suddenly. So anyways, stay outside and enjoy yourself. I’ll behave for five more minutes…after that, Nick has me.”

Nadia lets out a small laugh. “Hmmm…very well. Get the drift girl.” She whispers, backing away from the closed bedroom door and heading back out, giggling the entire way out.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Trusting In You by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Trusting In You~**

Nadia giggles, going down the front stairs as Joey gazes up from the wheel.

“That was fast…too fast. And where’s your clothes at anyway?”

“Well my bedroom door was locked, I couldn’t get in. Gen must have closed it when she fell asleep and it would be so mean to bang on the door and wake her up. So I guess we can just head back to your place.” Nadia smiles, a giggle escaping her lips.

“Man you made me come all the way back over here for nothing. Girl you better bring back something from the house.” Joey starts the ignition of the car, glancing over at her.

“Oh hush. Let’s just go back home to you place.” Nadia smirks, chuckling gently.

“And what’s so funny?” Joey looks up, seeing Nadia open the car door, sliding into the passenger seat.

“Nothing babe. Just drive.” She settles back in the seat, a grin sprawled on her plump lips.

“Hmmm…you sure?” Joey leans into her, gently kissing her lips, running his hand down her waist.

“Mmm…hehe. Not here honey. Wait till we get home, then we have all the room we want.” Nadia smirks, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Joey smiles, “Never tell a guy that. You just broke my heart.”

“Well you should never think you were gonna get some now. Hehe. Besides you were thinking with the wrong head again anyway.” And Nadia sits back, a grin remaining plastered on her face.

He teases, “You’re hiding something, I wanna know.”

“Don’t worry about it pumpkin.” Nadia closes the door behind her as she buckles her seatbelt.

~*~

She opens her eyes, sighing out in happiness as she feels the warm strong body wrapped around her. Smiling, she sits up, eyeing the now fair headed man sleeping soundly after their love making. Genesis runs her fingers down his bare chest, placing her hand on his chest as it rises and falls in secession. She giggles, pulling on the white satin sheet draped over them. His arm was wrapped around her waist as he continued to sleep quietly, leaving Genesis to wonder. She traces her fingers down his arm, amazed that she has what her heart longed for the longest time. She smiles, gazing at the tattoos printed down his arms curiously, wondering when he got them and what did they mean to him personally. Nick, to her, was an incredible guy and lover which pleased her very much.

Unlike other men she had in her life, he took his time to know what she wanted. He was gentle and alluring, and just like his dancing: unique in every aspect. She exhales and nuzzles her head in his chest, hearing the gentle drumming of his heart beat, pumping almost to the soft ballad being played in the radio background. She closes her eyes, listening to the song playing in the back of the bedroom softly: humming along:
-“In the still of the night
I held you tight
'Cause I love
Love you so
Promise I'll never
Let you go
In the still of the night
I remember
That night in May
The stars were bright above
I'll hope and I'll pray
To keep
Your precious love
Well before the light
Hold me again
With all of your might
In the still of the night.”

She feels Nick rouse from his sleep as he shuffles on the bed, running a hand down her bare waist. She giggles as he opens his sapphire eyes gazing at her intensely. He smiles, touching her bare thigh and throws it over his bare waist. “Hey beautiful.” He whispers, kissing her forehead as she wraps her arms around his neck.

“Hey ya sexy. Did you sleep well?”

Nick nods, grinning from ear to ear: “One of the best sleeps I had in a long time.”

“Ohhhhhh… hehe. Well that’s good to know.”

Nick smirks, whispering into her ear: “You ready for round two?”

Genesis laughs, “You up for it?”

“Sure. I’m a big boy. I can handle it.”

“I bet.” She purrs out watching him lean over to her, kissing her deeply as they embrace.

She leans back in the fluffy pillow behind her as he crawls gently on top of her, blowing air on her stomach as she burst out in laughter. “Baby what are you doing?”

Nick smirks: “I have no idea but it was so tempting to do it. Plus you have a cute little tummy, I couldn’t resist.”

“You’re so weird Nick.” She giggles, running her hands through his now blonde spikes.

“Yeah, but you like this weirdness.” Nick huskily whispers, lying on top of her and begins to kiss her neck as she sighs out, running a hand down his bare back. She smiles, knowing she was lucky enough to find a man that fully appreciated her and she kisses his ear, loving the feeling of having this man so close to her and now finally all hers.
~*~

A.J. grumbles, scrubbing the floor clean from last night’s food fighting, with a sponge. “You guys suck, you know that.”

“Well you started it. So you clean up the mess.” Kevin smirks, yawning as he heads to his bedroom.

“Oh great. Real nice Kev. Its morning time now and I can’t get some something to eat until I clean this? Man this is so lame. I ain’t no kid and you sure the hell ain’t my parent.” A.J. smirks, throwing the wet salsa and butter smeared sponge at Kevin’s direction.

Kevin stands in awe as the sponge slams into his chest, sliding down his clean green tank top, staining the shirt as it falls to the floor. Kevin glares at A.J. and then back at his shirt before grumbling something.

A.J. sucks his teeth, standing up as Kevin surprises the man, leaping at him flipping him over the sofa. A.J. cries out in shock as he feels himself go over the sofa, landing on solid feet on the other side. “What the heck was that?” A.J. snorts, catching a mischievous glimmer in his friend’s eyes.

“That my friend…was a warning. Watch out, I’m gonna get ya for that popcorn thing last night.” Kevin teases, walking back to his room to change into another shirt so he can grab some breakfast.

A.J. smirks, plopping down on the sofa, stretching out. He could feel a pair of eyes staring at him and turns his head to see Howie smirking, stepping out of his shared room with Brian.

“A.J. I’m mad at you.” Howie pouts playfully, flopping down besides his friend on the sofa.

“And why pray tell are you mad?” A.J. grins, poking Howie on the shoulder.

“Cause you did the food fight right in the middle of the movie which I have to say didn’t finish watching it.”

“Awww…tsk, tsk D. What do you want me to do about it? Do you want me to sing you sleep later tonight to make up for it?” A.J. jokes around, throwing his head back on the sofa pillow hearing Brian’s laughter.

“Shut up. And where did Nick go? He never came back last night.” Howie mumbles, rubbing his tired eyes as Brian snorts.

“I bet A.J. knows where he is, don’t you?” Brian glances over at A.J. who fakes a gasp.

“Why do you assume I know where blondie is at, at all times?”

“Cause you and him are like Siamese twins, always together. And I know you know where he went last night that he didn’t come back. I wouldn’t be surprised if you somehow convinced him to do something stupid yesterday.” Howie leans back in the sofa, throwing his legs on the coffee table, crossing them at the ankles.

Kevin quietly exits his room, holding a rolled up newspaper in his hands. Smirking, he soundlessly creeps up behind Howie and A.J. as Brian who was sitting across from them, forces himself not to look at Kevin knowing Kevin was out to get revenge on Howie or A.J. from last night.

A.J. shakes his head, “D, I can’t believe you would accentuate that about me. That’s so wrong. I thought we were here man.” He smirks, putting up a peace symbol and waving it from Howie to himself to prove there is normally peace between the two.

“Hush you man. I don’t care anymore. The guy is already grown anyway.” Howie grins, seeing Kevin wack A.J. behind the head with the rolled up newspaper.

A.J. shots up in his seat, glaring as he turns to see Kevin laughing along with the other two guys. “Funny, haha. See the laugh, its not leaving my mouth…” A.J. smirks annoyed, opening his mouth.

At this the other three men burst more into laughter as A.J. chuckles. Kevin glancing at Howie, wacks him over the head with the newspaper as well, “What I tell you about the table? Talking to you guys is like having little kids. Ya don’t listen.”

Howie rubs his head annoyed, taking his legs off the coffee table as the others snicker around him.

“So…”A.J. claps his suddenly: “What’s today’s plans? We going out to fish or something. How about pool? I like pool.”

Kevin smirks: “I have A pool you can go into.”

“Naaaa man I wanna play pool. Or how about billiards, I like darts…” A.J. smiles, “They’re nice and pointy.”

Brian smirks: “Oh yeah right dude. Like we’ll give you a weapon on purpose.”

“Hey that isn’t a weapon if you won’t piss me off playing. However, if you do…I have no control where the dart lands on or it lands on your butt.” A.J. yawns, closing his eyes for a second.

“I think what you need Alex is some sleep.” Kevin retorts, ruffling A.J.’s hair.

A.J. gasps, sitting up: “My hair! No touchy thee hair.”

Howie snorts, getting up heading to the kitchen: “Ya all crazy, I officially lost the little respect I had for you guys.”

“Thanks. We feel the same for you too. That’s real love right there.” A.J. playfully calls back to his friend, turning back to Kevin who was leaning over the sofa they were on. “So we going right?”

“Where?” Brian smirks.

“Dude, hello, didn’t you just hear me. I want to go out and do something.”

“Please like you wanted to hang with us when Miss Suzy was around. You just saying that cause she ain’t here and got no one to be with at the moment. So you want to chill with us. Nice try J.” Brian scoffs jokily as Kevin smirks, walking into the kitchen.

A.J. grins once Kevin enters the kitchen. “Yo B, Nick went to Genesis’s house yesterday evening.”

Brian raises his light eyebrows and smirks: “Oh really now? And you didn’t mention this before because?”

“Because I didn’t want to say it in front of you know who. Anyways, hehe, I’m guessing things went real well with Nick since his behind never came back here.” A.J. grins, simply imagining what could have occurred with Nick.

“You mean you think he stood over her place like the other time?”

“Could be. Please, he wanted to talk with her since she was so pissed off with him yesterday.”

“And if he didn’t come back today either two things could have occurred with him…” Brian whispers out, eyeing his friend.

“Either he’s out lying somewhere dead after Genesis beat his butt down.” A.J. grins.

“Or…he could be with her as we speak.” Brian smiles: receiving a quick glance from A.J.

“Hehe. Let’s hope it’s option two for Kevin’s sake, cause he would have to do a lot of explaining to Nick’s family.” A.J. whispers out, laughing out along with Brian as they head to the kitchen to get something to eat.
~*~

Nick holds onto her as they practice a few steps in the living room. The pushed furniture was aligning the walls as the cleared out center of the floor was ready for dancing. She holds his hands as they practice some foot moves inches away from each other’s lips, their soft breaths caressing each other cheeks. Nick wraps his arms around her waist as she leans back practicing a dance move which was an erotic almost grind like dip. Nick smirks, watching her concentrate seriously on the dance moves, her blue tube top cling to her toned body as her jeans fitted snug on her. He had become so fascinated with her and the way she focuses fully on the dancing.

Sure he had things that he was focused on in his life, but to see it in someone else so determined, especially in something he never thought he would ever do: dancing.

“Nick, what were you thinking when you asked to be my partner?” Genesis blurts out suddenly catching Nick off guard. He pulls her up to his chest, running a hand down her loose dark tendrils:

“I was thinking that you needed someone to help you out and I wanted to be the one.”

Genesis grins: “Why?”

“Why not?” Nick whispers out, tickling her neck as she giggles and leans her head to his touch.

“Well, did you do it cause you thought you could get with me?”

Nick smirks, “Well it worked right?”

“Nick?!” She mumbles out annoyed as Nick breaks into a laugh.

“Sorry. But yeah that was the truth. I saw you needing help and you looked good.”

“Good?” Genesis raises her eyebrows smirking.

“Yeah as in good looking. I couldn’t miss out on a chance on getting to know a girl like you.” And he whispers into her ear, sending a shiver down her spine: “And I’m glad I did.”

“I’m glad you did too.” Genesis smiles: running a hand down his cheek as she twirls out of his embrace and shakes her hips to a hip hop beat blasting through the radio.

Nick smiles, stretching when Genesis turns off the stereo and flips though a cd collection to find an old classic.

“Nick, I thought of spicing up our dancing, you know adding a few moves to it. I hope you don’t mind.” Genesis grins evilly, watching Nick raise his eyebrows.

“For real?”

“Yes for real, for real.” Genesis finds the cd and puts on the song “Fever.”

“I like this song…” Nick smirks.

“Yeah you freak, hehe, you give me fever.” She whispers out, coming over to him as she shows him a few quick steps to tango. She throws her leg up on the side of his waist as she dips back quickly, twirling around as they keep in step with the music. After an hour of figuring and memorizing the steps, Nick sighs and plops into a sofa.

“You can’t be tired now Nick, can you?” She places her hands on her hips.

Nick smirks, eyeing her: “You had me working since last night. What do you want from me girl?” He settles back in the sofa that was pushed against the wall.

Genesis laughs, “Yeah all night last night. I can see why you’re so tired.” She grins, plopping on his lap, nibbling on his neck as he exhales, laughing.

“All night…” He whispers out, catching her lips with his as they sensually kissed. Nick wraps his arm around her shoulders, brushing back some of Genesis’s locks behind her ears.

She giggles, sighing out as her house phone rings out.

Nick smirks, pressing his lips on hers, he murmurs out: “Let it ring…Not again…I hate your phone.”

Genesis laughs, pulling away from him. “Hush it. You got some last night and you want more?”

“Duh…you asking me if I want more sex…that’s a give a way right there girl.” Nick smirks as Genesis slides off him, heading over to answer the kitchen phone. She giggles, picking up the cradle as she quietly talks on the phone.

Leaning on the threshold of the kitchen, Genesis privately talks with the other person on the other line of the phone while Nick stood in the center of the den practicing the new dance moves just recently added on.

Genesis smirks, eyeing Nick from the corner of her eye as she frowns suddenly at the news released on the phone to her.

“Whooo, wait... Are you sure?” Genesis straightens up, heading back into the kitchen. “There isn’t anything I can do about it? I mean this can’t be happening. Not now, this is too late at the moment. Why wasn’t this info given to me earlier?” Genesis grumbles out in the phone as she peers out the threshold watching Nick slide across the floor, turning around and breaking into a hip hop dance taught to him by her.

Sighing, she gulps, shaking her head. “Isn’t there anything I can do about it?” She grumbles out in the phone.

Nick hums softly to himself and starts singing the next track off the homemade dance cd Genesis made: Celine Dion’s Remix “Power Of Love” blast from the stereo.

-“The Whispers In The Morning
Of Lovers Sleeping Tight
Are Rolling By Like Thunder Now
As I Look In Your Eyes

I Hold On To Your Body
And Feel Each Move You Make
Your Voice Is Warm And Tender
A Love That I Could Not Forsake

'cause I'm Your Lady
And You Are My Man
Whenever You Reach For Me
I'll Do All That I Can.”

Genesis sighs with the news given and rubs her forehead: “That’s so unfair…I know…Yeah I…no I wasn’t informed before hand. I understand.” She murmurs, hanging up the phone, dragging herself out of the room and into the den. Flopping on a sofa, she watches Nick enjoy himself dancing when he stops before her, gazing at her curiously.

“You’re not happy…” He whispers out as Genesis gazes at him sadly shaking her head.

“Ohhhh Nick, everything is just a big mess now.”

Nick listens patiently as he takes a seat on the arm of the sofa, his eyes locked on her.

“That was the dance officials from the upcoming performances this weekend. They found out that all candidates must have had an experience of professional dancing before placed in the performance. Meaning…”

“We’re in some deep sh…”

Genesis cuts him: “I have no idea what we’re gonna do. You don’t have a background in performing arts which puts us in danger of not being picked to do the performance.”

“You just found that out?”

“Yeah. Stupid people had to make it harder and pushed the rules up that they want to see real dancers, not just any person off the street.”

Nick gulps, gazing down at the floor. “I have experience in other forms of performing arts such a singing…but dancing is something different. Isn’t there any way of me getting in though? Who cares if I don’t have a background in that? You taught me what I needed to know and I dance like the best of them cause of you. That should be all that matters anyway right?”

Genesis looks up, nodding. She stands up, smiling as she places a gentle kiss on his forehead. “Yes you’re right. Maybe there is way around that rule. There’s always a loophole somewhere. I just gotta find it.”

“And I can help out.”

Genesis smirks, “I think I just found out how to go about it too.”

“Damn that was fast.” Nick responds, running a finger down the arch of her back as she grins.

“Yeah I just hope you’re friend is up for it that’s all.”

“My friend? Who?” Nick curiously asks, kissing her toned stomach slowly.

She giggles, running a hand through his blond spikes. “I’m gonna have to talk with him first before anything can happen though.”

Nick nods, “Aight, but what friend of mines?” He gazes up at her.
~*~

Kevin snorts, shaking his head. “Nick, are you out of your mind?”

“I wish I was. But dude you have to do this! At least if not for me, do it for the poor girl!”

Kevin rolls his emerald eyes, glancing over at Brian and Howie who each snort and chuckle. He gazes over at A.J. who nonchalantly whispers and looks all around except at Kevin.

“Thanks guys for all your support. Really, I’m grateful.” Kevin grumbles out sarcastically.

A.J. nods, smiling: “You’re welcome. Glad we can help.” He chuckles, exiting the den followed behind by Brian.

Howie sits back in his seat and sniffs: “Kev, it’s not like you could turn down the offer. She’s asking for your help. Plus you have the talent and recommendations to allow for it. I say jump on the opportunity.”

Kevin smirks, glancing back up at Nick: “So she wants me to sign on the list and you’re to go in as me for the performance?”

Nick nods, grinning cheekily: “Yup. See nothing to it. Come on Kev. I’m sure they won’t even know the difference.”

“Right, that and the fact that I have to put down my birthday: which Nick if that’s the case, you’re helluva young for a 32 year old.” Kevin smirks, leaning back in the seat.

Nick pouts, “Well lie about your age, its not like you haven’t done it before.” He grins, ducking down as a pillow comes flying to him from Kevin’s direction.

“You little bastard.” Kevin laughs, patting his leg.

Howie chuckles: “So Kevin you helping Nick out then right?”

“Let me think about it.” Kevin glances over at Howie and eyes Nick. “How long do I have to put my name down on the list?”

“Today’s the last day to sign up late.”

Kevin nods, “Aight. What time the office closes again?”

Nick clears his throat, “Uhhhh, by five.”

“K. Well…” Kevin slowly gets up, eyeing Nick. “I’ll see ya at the office then later on k?”

Nick’s eyes shot open as he smiles, leaping on Kevin. “Oh my God dude! I love you!” He smacks a wet kiss on Kevin’s cheek as Howie breaks into a laugh.

Kevin chuckles: pulling Nick away as he laughs. “Wow, that’s a response I didn’t think I was gonna get. Damn, I’m lucky it wasn’t more serious or I might have called rape shortly.”

“Dude, you would love that.” Nick jokes around as Howie claps, bursting out in laughter.

“Good going Kevin. But remember you can’t rape the willing.” Howie teases as Kevin slams a pillow towards the Latin man.

Howie laughs, avoiding the hit as he runs out of the room to the backyard where where A.J. and Brian were at.

Kevin sighs, glancing over at Nick. “You fell for her didn’t you?”

Nick smiles, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

Kevin grins, patting Nick’s shoulder: “It’s ok. I can’t blame ya. I know I got on your case in the beginning about her, but it was only cause I was concerned for you.”

“You didn’t have to be though. If she was out to get me, I would have caught on to that and realize it soon enough.” Nick states, glancing back at him.

Kevin nods, smirking: “So you back to your normal hair color I see. What happened with the black dye?”

“I couldn’t take the fact that people kept thinking I was you. I needed to be free of your shadow.” Nick teases seeing Kevin laugh. “Actually Genesis wanted to see my hair color and she took it out.”

“Ohhh…so you stayed with her last night?” Kevin whispers.

He nods, taking a seat on the arm of a sofa: “Yeah, we had a lot to take about and stuff to clear up.”

“So I take it things worked out well then right?” Kevin fixes the sofa pillows, sitting on the ledge of the sofa to eye him.

“Yup.” Nick smiles: “We’re dating.”

Kevin smiles, “Congrats. But what are you gonna do when its time to go back home?”

Nick sighs, “Things will work out somehow. I haven’t thought about that too much ‘cause I’ll just freak out.”

Kevin nods: “Yeah. I’m sure of it. And I’m sorry you thought that I was treating you like a little kid.”

“It’s aight. Being the youngest in the group I get used to it. Besides you were just watching out for me. Thanks man…” Nick grins, watching Kevin smirk.

“No problem kiddo.”

Nick smirks, “I’m gonna get you for that now.”

“Ha, what? You wanna a piece of me? A.J. thought he could away with it.” Kevin laughs as Nick picks up a couch pillow slamming it over Kevin’s head.

Kevin laughs as they playfully fight, their laughter filling the warm air.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Walking On Water by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Walking On Water~**

She hums gently enjoying the cool shower water rushing down her hair and back. Singing softly to herself, she runs her fingers through her wet hair quickly washing it. Stepping out of the shower with ease, she turns off the shower faucet, reaching for a towel she left on the sink. Smirking, she sees the towel was taken off and thrown on the sofa in the den.

“Really funny Dee. I’m so laughing.” Genesis smirks, shivering from the wet drops sliding down her legs. Dripping wet, she pats across the white lucid tiles while the water drops splash the tiles. Exiting the bathroom door, she smirks and inches her way to the towel draped on the sofa. Reaching her hands out to grab the cotton material, she hears a male gasp coming from behind her.

In her shock, she grabs the towel, forgetting to wrap it around her nude body when she turns to see Kevin staring at her. “Uhhh, Uhhhh…hehe. Hi.” She whispers out, realizing she was still exposed and quickly wraps the towel around her, tying and tucking the edges of the towel tightly around her.

Kevin smirks, glancing down at the planks: “Uh yeah…ummm hi Angel. I was just talking with Nadia about the whole thing with the dance performance. I see you didn’t know you had company.” He smiles, glancing back at her.

“Yeah well, if my towel didn’t have legs, I wouldn’t be in this position right now.” She whispers, feeling her cheeks blush a deep red.

“That’s ok. I won’t say anything about this.”

“Thank God. I’m kinda mortified about this whole thing.” She smirks, gulping lightly, pushing a strand of sticky wet hair behind her ear.

Kevin grins: his emerald eyes sparkling under the glow of the gentle morning sunlight beaming through the window. “Ahhh don’t be. It’s ok.”

“What’s ok?” Nadia comes to den, smirking at Genesis in her towel. “Ohhhh… hehe. Sorry Gen, the towel was wet and I thought of putting it on the sofa so it would dry up. But I guess I didn’t know you were using that particular towel.”

“This is why I should have used the bathroom in our room.” Genesis crosses her arms across her chest.

“Well sorry that I had to clean that bathroom: you little ungrateful ragamuffin.” Nadia grins, the smile spanning across her deeply tan cheeks.

Genesis clears her throat, “Yes, well if you both excuse me now. I have to go change.”

“Yes, like putting on clothes. The nerve of you walking around here naked when company is here: you little flashing maniac.” Nadia giggles, watching Genesis snort and brush pass her.

“Anyway…Mind Gen, she doesn’t take embarrassment too well.” Nadia giggles, handing Kevin a sheet of paper. “Alright. Well here are the instructions to filling out the form. The office address is located on the top sheet of the form. If you head out now, you’ll reach the place in about a good thirty minutes or so but of course you gotta head out with Gen.”

“Can’t I go alone? Why does she head out with me if I’m the one with that needs to sign the sheet?”

“Cause she’s your ‘partner’ in the dance performance, both applicants have to be present and stuff. It’s a pain I know, but trust me this ridiculous new rule was just added on to make it harder for people.” Nadia shrugs, brushing her fingers down her long curly ponytail. “Anyways, I’ll go tell Gen about it, she can head out with you. The faster this is done, the better chances you guys stand in being in the performance for sure.”

“Right…I guess.” Kevin slumps into the sofa as his cell phone goes off. Picking it up, he answers: “Hello?”

“Hey Kev, great you picked up!” A.J. grins, watching Howie and Brian playfully argue about the cue pool stick.

“Oh yeah, hey. What’s up?” Kevin breathes out, leaning back in the sofa, the quietness in Genesis’s house seemed eerie to him.

“Oh just hanging, I was gonna ask you if Nick was with you.” A.J. yawns as Brian hoots, shooting a pool ball into a hole.

“Yeah! In your face A.J. I got that point!” Brian shouts out laughing as Howie snickers, taking his turn leaning down and placing the pool stick in his hands.

“I thought Nick was with you? I’m at Genesis’s place at the moment with her roommate as well. I’m gonna fill out some stuff so Nicky boy can be in the competition.” Kevin nibbles on his lip, rubbing his index finger across his lower lip.

“Oh ok. Well he ain’t with us either. I just thought he was with you.” A.J. mumbles, smirking as the pool ball hit passes the corner hole.

“Na. Is that all you called for?” Kevin smirks, sitting up in the couch as Nadia passes by him heading to the kitchen.

“Yeah. Why?” A.J. smirks.

“You’re an idiot Alex.” Kevin laughs, saying bye, hanging up the phone.

A.J. snickers, placing his phone away. “Dude is so weird, B you owe me money for that bet. Smack it in my hands.” He grins while Brian smirks, digging through his pockets to pull out a twenty handing it to him.

“That was as easy bet. I’ll go broke listening to you.” Brian snickers as A.J. chuckles, holding the twenty in the corners with both his hands, flicking it.

“Yeah, you should start listening to me more often, I’ll be living a nice life with your money.” A.J. strolls past him, laughing quietly.

Howie looks over at Brian, shaking his head in disappointment: “You should have known better. You know he’s always up for anything.”

“Yeah I know. I just had hope Kevin would have proved me wrong.” Brian snickers, watching A.J. take his turn, shooting a red ball into the corner pocket, jumping around hollering:

“Brian, think I can win this game?” A.J. grins, raises his eyebrows playfully.

Brian glances over at Howie: “I gotta prove him wrong D.”

“You’ve been warned Brian.” Howie smirks as Brian nods at A.J.

“You’re on.” Brian grins over at A.J.

A.J. chuckles rubbing his hands together: “Excellent.”
~*~

Nick whistles, jogging down a forested vacant road. He places the headphones on, listening to a rock song to heed him on down the road. His dark blue plastic workout pants crinkle as he runs steadily, enjoying the cool breeze that flutters past him. He jogs to the beat of the song “One Step Closer.” His black wife beater clings to him in damp sweat, the tiny sweat drops breaking out from his recent run down the road.

He smiles, picking up speed as he closes his eyes for a moment to avoid a dust particle from flying into his eyes. As he does that, he doesn’t see a rather round stone before him, causing him to trip and skid on the hard ground chest first. Wincing, he sits up, gripping his ankle in pain. “Damn no.” He grumbles out, touching his swelling ankle. “Please just let it be sprang. I can’t be breaking anything…not now.” Nick runs a hand over his wounded ankle as he tries to stand up.

“Ahhhh…owww.” He limps over to a large boulder, gazing at his right ankle. “This is so nice. Way a go Nick, now I can’t freakin’ dance let alone walk.” He murmurs out to himself, fetching his cell phone from his waist.

He sighs, calling Howie: knowing that man always had the phone on all day. He leans back on the rock, watching the bright blue sky glimmer above him in the beautiful sunlight.

Howie chokes down his drink from A.J.’s little antics in harassing Brian. “Awww, Alex, leave him alone. He didn’t know.”

“Dude, that’s the second time I got money from him. If he keeps making bets he’ll go flat out broke.” A.J. teases, sitting back in the bar stool of the billiard place they were in.

“Ohhhh, my phone.” Howie sees his phone blinking, letting out a soft medley. Answering it, he places the phone to his ear: “Hey, sup Nick?”

“Yeah, D. Listen to me, I kinda have a little problem.”

“What’s that?” He looks up to see A.J. smirking mouthing out ‘Nick got booty.’

Howie smirks, listening to Nick: “Oh what man? We’ve been looking for you, I thought you left with Kevin.”

“Na, I went jogging while he went to get a form, but that’s not the issue. I’m stuck on the side of the road, sitting up on a rock. Can you come pick me up?”

Howie snorts: “What? Nick if you walked there, you can walk right back cause you’re that far off right?”

“I think I sprang my ankle, it hurts like hell if I try standing on it too much.”

Howie exhales deeply: “Ok wait… you’re not walking on it right?”

“Na, I can’t even if I wanted to.” Nick sighs out sadly.

“I’m sure it’s not broken, but how did that happen anyway?” Howie gazes at A.J. who seemed to take interest in the conversation on the phone.

“Don’t know really. I was just jogging as usual and I closed my eyes for a second, then the next thing I know I’m skidding on my chest as my ankle breaks my fall.”

“Owch.” Howie whispers.

“More than owch…damn, this isn’t good. I mean I can’t be like this. The competition is coming up in three days and what am I gonna do?!” Nick yells out apprehensively.

“Easy man. Look, I’m gonna go pick you up now and we’ll head to the doctor. I’m sure it’s not a big deal. A little fall couldn’t have broken your ankle.” Howie calmly states as A.J.’s mouth drop open, shaking his head.

Brian stands next to Howie, his ears perked at the conversation as well, taking a seat besides them.

“It better not. Anyways…I’m somewhere down the beach side of the road.”

“Nick, what road?”

“A road…I don’t know…It looks like a road with the black stuff on it and little signs.” Nick mumbles out annoyed.

Howie grumbles, knowing Nick wasn’t being sarcastic at all which made hard to get upset with the man, “You have to know what road you’re on, other wise I can’t get you.”

“Dude aight…deep breaths.” Nick smirks, looking down the road across from him to find a scrawny road sign. Limping over to it slowly, he nods: “I’m off Milton Avenue near exit 53, standing roadside.”

“Aight. I’ll be shortly. And Nick, don’t move.”

“Fine, fine. It’s not like I can anyway.” Nick grumbles, making his way back to the boulder to sit and wait.

Howie smiles: “K, I’ll see you then.” And he hangs up the phone shaking his head.

“What an idiot man.” A.J. smirks, sitting back in the stool.

“Aww, don’t say that. You love the knuckle head.” Brian turns around in the bar stool smiling.

“Maybe so but thank God we’re not blood related.” A.J. snickers, taking a sip of his soda can as Howie gets up snickering.

“Aight guys. I’m gonna get Nick, so that’s it for game time.” Howie gets up as A.J. snorts.

“You lucky Nicky called you before I kicked both of your…” A.J. was beginning to say as Howie intercepted him:

“And you need to stop bragging cause if Kevin was here, he would have won and you’re behind would be flat broke.” Howie chuckles, leading the men to the rented ford focus.
~*~

Genesis stands at the threshold of the bedroom door, staring at Nadia:

“I don’t know about all this. I haven’t spoken to Kevin that much and there’s that little uncomfortable feeling between us still.”

“Which is why now would be the best time to be open and talk with the man. Besides he’s here with good intentions to help you out.” Nadia throws a pile of clothes on the floor as Genesis narrows her eyes. Nadia grins, “I’m gonna clean it up, relax.”

“Fine. But…I don’t know. It’s just gonna be weird that’s all.” Genesis mumbles, twirling a strand of her dark medium brown locks with her fingers.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s not like you guys will get in a fight on the way there. Just get him to the dance office, sign the form and drop him off back here so he can go back home. Nothing to it Gen.”

Genesis smiles, nodding her head: “I guess it’s not that bad. I mean what happened with us was so long ago anyway.”

“There we go. That’s what I wanted to here. Now go out there and be a good friend to the guy.” Nadia smirks, pushing her room mate out of the door.

Genesis laughs, reaching the den as she waves: “Hey Kevin. Thanks so much for wanting to help out. This means a lot to the both of us, especially me.”

“Yeah well no problem, your welcome. I know you’ve been training Nick and he’s so excited about all this that I didn’t want to destroy his only drive. So ummm…yeah. We each can take our car or what?”

“You can ride with Gen. It’ll be easier plus with the traffic at this time, you’ll never be able to see other or catch up.” Nadia quickly responds, shoving Genesis gently towards the man.

Genesis fakes a grin, glaring back at Nadia, clearing her throat: “Right…umm…yeah. We’ll go together and I’ll just drop you off back here when we’re done.”

Kevin nods, “Sounds good then. Let’s go.”

“Aight. See ya Dee.” Genesis opens the front door, stepping out with Kevin following her.

Nadia grins, giggling: “Aight, see ya later guys. Bye.”

“Bye.” Kevin waves as Nadia closes the door.

“Mind Dee, the doctor told her she’s missing a few normal brain cells.” Genesis jokes, reaching her car as Kevin follows behind. She quickly unlocks the driver’s side, opening the passenger side for Kevin.

Kevin slides into the seat, thanking her gently as he closes the door behind him. They both buckle their seat belts as Genesis turns on the ignition, pulling the shift to drive. “Soooo…how is everything Kevin?” She decided to break the odd silence between them two as she pulls away from the house, driving down a lane.

“Oh just fine.” He whispers, leaning back in the seat: his eyes locked on the side window.

“Ohhh. Ok. Well that’s good to hear.”

“Yeah.” He mutters out, drumming his fingers on his jean covered knees.

Genesis gulps, turning on the radio to a classic radio station. Softly, Whitney Houston’s “Saving All My Love For You” blasts out of the radio as Kevin exhales glancing around the car.

Genesis glances at him quickly then focuses back on the road, her hands grip the steering wheel tightly as she sees through the corner of her eyes, Kevin gazing at the backseat curiously.

Genesis sighs, gently singing out the lyrics, smirking at the concept of the love song:

-“ You used to tell me we'd run away together
Love gives you the right to be free
You said be patient just wait a little longer
But that's just an old fantasy.”
I've got to get ready just a few minutes more
Gonna get that old feeling when you walk through that door
'Cause tonight is the night for I feeling all right
We'll be making love the whole night through
So I'm saving all my love for you
Yes I'm saving all my love
Yes I'm saving all my love for you.”
Kevin reaches out his hand to the backseat to pull on a familiar object. Genesis glances at him to see him holding a silver platinum chain with a Cross diamond shaped emblem that belongs to Nick. “That’s strange…” She sees him whisper out as he gazes at the chain in his hands.
“Oh that must have been there for a while.” She gulps, feeling her cheeks tinge a soft red.
“Oh really? This is Nick’s. I thought he lost it. But it’s in your backseat, which is kinda strange since he never takes that chain since he claims it cost him almost all his saving’s account to get it.” Kevin smiles gently, twirling the chain in his hands.
“Wow, he spend that much on it. Lucky it was safe back there.” She whispers, turning up the volume on the radio.
“Yeah…Gen it’s ok. I know about you and Nick. He told me.” He breaths out, gently gazing at her, safely tucking the chain away in his pocket.
“And you’re ok with it?” Genesis murmurs.

“Well yeah why not? He’s my buddy and I see that he really cares about you. You make him happy.” Kevin states: gazing out to the front window.

Genesis smiles: “Thanks.”
“I’m not mad at you Gen for what happened with us.” Kevin whispers, gazing at her.
“You’re, you’re not?” Genesis whispers, turning down another street.

“No…I just want to know what happened to us that resulted in that.” He whispers out.

“I…I was…I wasn’t ready to be in a committed relationship and I know you deserved someone better than me who would commit like you were to me.” She states, feeling guilt wash over her.

“Ohhh…why did you think that?”

“Cause…Kevin, isn’t it obvious? I still had and still do have a lot of growing up to do. I’m still trying to find myself, figure out what I want in my life. While you were ready and passed that part of your life. Besides I didn’t want to be a burden to you.” Genesis tries to explain nicely hoping she could just avoid the whole topic completely.

“Who says I have it all together. I can fake looking like I have things together, placed right…but that was never the case. Maybe I was looking for something else.”

“Maybe…” Genesis whispers, dreading this car trip now more than ever. ‘Nadia will die tonight.’ She thinks to herself, grinning.

“And what happened with us…I mean the morning I woke up and you had left and then with the news about well, you know the pregnancy. I was worried.” Kevin leans his arm on the side door, his thoughts swirling madly around him.

“That was a stupid thing I did and I’m sorry about that. I don’t know what I was thinking. I just thought that if I claim that, you wouldn’t want to be a part of my life. The call a guy saying he was my boyfriend was really my cousin. He thought we shouldn’t be together and tried to break us apart. Guess he didn’t think rumors wouldn’t get started like that. And I was scared…I was late that month and I didn’t want you to think I was holding you back.” Genesis explains the story to him, relieved that it was all out in the open. She hated to have to admit that all to him.

“Well it’s in the past and that’s where we’re gonna leave it at.” Kevin touches the side glass window, gazing at the passing buildings.

“Good. Ok.” She smiles, pulling up to a grey structured building. She finds the parking lot around the building, quickly finding a spot and pulling into it. Turning off the ignition, she sighs, glancing over at Kevin. “Alright, well here we are.”

“Yeah.” Kevin murmurs, pulling on the car door to open it.

Genesis exhales gently, feeling the tension in the car thicken and she needed to get out for fresh air. Exiting the vehicle, she walks behind Kevin as they reach the main entrance of the office building. Kevin, a few inches ahead of her: stops suddenly and gently grabs Genesis’s arm.

She gulps, looking up at him as she breaks into a weak smile: “Ummm…hey, what is it?”

“Nothing really. Just that…don’t break my friend’s heart. Whether he told you or not, he cares for you. He fell for you…fast. I just want to make sure you won’t run out on him when he needs you the most.” He states, his light emerald orbs cutting in her, penetrating her with each word.

“I, I know he does. And I wouldn’t do that to him.” She softly states, pulling her arm away from his grasp.

“Just making sure.”

“No problem. He means a lot to me as well.” She responds, walking pass him to the glass sliding doors.

The main receptionist gazes up wearily at the approaching couple, placing the cradle of the phone down. “Welcome to Fenway Dancing Company, how can I help you? The middle age dark haired woman asks, busily typing away at the keyboard.

“Yes, hi good morning. I’m Genesis Martinez, one of the contestants to this Saturday’s program. I’m here ‘cause I heard there was a little problem with my partner being involved in it.”

“Oh yes…yes. Hold on. A new regulation was set up but was never put in effect until recently. I’m terribly sorry for the trouble it must have cost you with the dancing partner you have. But as you see, your partner has to have had a professional background in dancing and training before he can take his position as your partner.” The receptionist babbles on as if reading from a manual all the rules.

Kevin rolls his eyes, smirking, gazing at a list of papers and forms piled on the black metallic counter.

“I understand that ma’am. I managed to find a man who does have the background last minute who knows the dance. I want to be able to put him in the competition.” Genesis states nervously, hoping the plan wouldn’t backfire at any moment.

The rather chubby receptionist gazes at her curiously, typing something on the flat computer screen. “Very well. I’ll need to see his information and variation of I.D. so we can continue this.”

Genesis looks over at Kevin as he raises his dark eyebrows, searching through his wallet pulling out two forms of identification and pulling out a manila folder from inside his black suede jacket.

“Everything you need is right there in the folder.” Kevin smiles at the receptionist who giggles and gazes at him gently. He hands her the folder as she gladly take it, opening it up and placing the data into the computer.

“So Kevin huh? You have amazing eyes sir.” The receptionist gazes up at him, licking her lips slowly.

“Thanks.” He smirks, seeing Genesis roll her eyes: taking a seat in the waiting room.

“You can have a seat sir. We’ll call you in shortly.” The receptionist indicts to the waiting room.

“Thanks.” He muses, going over to Genesis. “So that went well.”

“Sure did. I’m surprised she didn’t ask for your number lover boy.”

Kevin snorts: “I’m not that smooth. Besides I already have a special lady in my life.”

“That Kristin girl right?” Genesis leans back in the hard plastic seat.

He nods, a grin sliding on his handsome face: “Yeah. God, she’s so great.”

“I bet. Glad you found someone though.”

Kevin gazes at her, “The same to you.” He leans back in the seat, clasping his hands together across his chest: “Hope they don’t keep us waiting for too long.”

Genesis smirks: “Please, like you got any where to go.”

Kevin sits up, smiling: “Hey I do have a life. Plus my friends staying at my house unsupervised is asking for trouble.”

“True. Though on your account, I’m sure they’ll behave.” Genesis smiles, exhaling out, glad to see that they were on speaking terms again like the old days.
~*~

Howie drives down another lane as A.J. and Brian peer their heads out of the car windows.

“Anything?” Howie asks, turning down another lane.

“Nope, nothing but the dirt man. You sure Nick said the right road? The kid doesn’t know his left from his right at times.” A.J. smirks, leaning back in the passenger seat.

Brian chuckles: looking around when he sees a growing figure ahead of them on the side of the road. “Guys, that’s him. I see him.” He points out the window to his left.

Howie slows down the car in front of Nick who seemed annoyed and bothered.

“Yay! Dude we found ya! Get in!” A.J. grins, peering out the car window.

“Easy for you to say. I can barely walk now.” Nick winces, balancing his weight on his other foot, limping towards the backseat.

Brian opens the backdoor and Nick quickly boards in, closing the door behind him.

“Aight, let’s see the ankle man.” Brian gazes at him as Nick sighs, rolling up the left side of his plastic workout pants.
Sighing, he looks at Brian: “So what do you think? Does it look bad?” Nick gulps, feeling the boring of the men on him.

“Gee Nicky boy, what do you think?” A.J. tugs on the of his baseball hat, smirking at him.

“Hoping not bad.” Nick blurts out.

“Keep hoping, you’re gonna be off that ankle for a while.” Brian sighs, giving Nick a comforting glance. “But I’m sure something will come up for the dance thing. Maybe her old partner or someone from her dance group will offer to fill in for you.”

“Or Kevin can.” Howie steers the car down the road, taking off with them.

“Maybe, or maybe I can do the performance.” Nick whispers to himself, slumping back in the seat. “So guys we heading home?”

“Nope, taking you to the doctor to get that ankle looked at.” Howie glances back at his friend.

“Aight…whatever. I can’t stand doctors.” Nick grumbles.

“Well you better start liking them, they’re gonna get your ankle as good as new.” Brian smirks, looking out the window.

“Well yay. Sounds like fun then.” Nick grumbles, closing his eyes as he could only imagine what Genesis’s response will be to this.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Trekking Pace by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Trekking Pace~**

Nadia giggles, holding the door as Brian and Kevin come wondering, each bringing a small dish to add to the feast out for them all. The small banquet was lavished in silk red cloth across the patio table which for a purpose was brought in into the den for them all. Kevin smiles, hugging Nadia as she giggles, holding the door for the men to enter. She watches gleefully as Genesis steps into the den with her arms open wide for the welcoming men.

Howie laughs, entering the house passing Nadia and thanking her graciously for the dinner.

“No problem, I figured it’s a nice thing to do since in a few days you guys are gonna head back home. I wanted to do something that you will remember us on good terms.” Nadia winks at A.J. who grins leans on the threshold of the entrance door.

Kevin, Howie and Brian bring in the drinks and plates as Genesis smiles and looks around for Nick. Curiously glancing around, she eyes Nadia for any sign of Nick.

Nadia shrugs, prodding A.J. on side of his ribs: “Hey scruffy, where’s blondie at?”

Smirking, A.J. points outside, “Uhhh, he’s having a little trouble getting over here.”

Raising her eyebrows, she gently pushes A.J. away from the entrance peering out to see Nick slowly ease his way up the front wooden steps holding onto a metal cane. “Please tell me Nick is doing his best pimp impression and nothing happened to his leg.”

A.J. intakes a gulp of air, turning his head away from her, “Uhhhhhh…ok.”

“He’s hurt isn’t he?” Nadia questioned the man.

A.J. crinkles his nose, slowly shaking his head before nodding: “Errrrr…uh…well hurt is such a strong word for what happened to him.”

Nadia rolls her eyes, stepping out into the porch as A.J. watches on. “A.J. why don’t you keep Gen distracted for a minute. I’ll be right in so we can all eat, I just wanna talk with Nicky boy k?”

A.J. smirks, “Sure, aight. Whatever, see ya in a few.” And he closes the door behind him, shuffling everyone towards the set up table.

Nadia leans against the front door, a smirk sprawled on her deep rich tan cheeks: “Umm…umm…oh, look what you gone done boy. Blondie, you better hope you’re lying to me with that cane.” She smiles, plopping down on the porch swing, swinging gently on it as Nick manages his way over to her. He slowly sits up on the wooden swing, gulping and staring off into the dark blanketed purple sky.

“So…you gonna talk about it? Or should I just take a wild guess?” Nadia peers over to him, tucking a stray black curl brushed out of place from the wind behind her ear.

Nick gulps, guiltily gazing at the planks below him: “To be honest with you. I kinda messed up on my part.”

Nadia quietly listens, cocking her head to side as Nick continues: “See I mean I went to the doctor and all that stuff, said I got a sprained ankle which is healing nicely, but I’ll need to stay off it for a few days.”

“Well you’re not a doing a good job of it now are you? Cause you’re here, sitting next to me talking about this when you should be at home caring for the swollen ankle.”

“I, I know that. I just wanted to see you girls and tell you that’s all. I don’t know what’s gonna happen to be real with you. I had Kevin do all that legal stuff but the more I think about it, the more I feel he might really have to take my place for the performance.” Nick cringes at the sound of the sentence he manages to force out of his throat. He didn’t like the idea anymore than Kevin did, but he made a promise to Genesis and he wasn’t going to go back on his word for anything.

“So that’s it then huh?” Nadia speaks up, leaning back on the porch swing, gently swaying it back and forth.

Nick sighs, nodding his head: “I’m really sorry about all this. I didn’t think it would happen.”

“Yeah well, it happens to the best of us. Speaking of which, how did you sprain it? Did you dance too much on it, put a lot of pressure on it, what?”

Blushing, Nick licks his lips, smirking: “Yeah well, I sort of fall on it while I was running.”

“Running did that to you? You can’t run right or something? Since when do you have two left feet Nick? You’re a dancer in training.” Nadia watches him, giggling and grabbing his left foot, pushing up the jeans to see the ankle, tugging on the white sock that hid the wrapped ankle.

Nick winces in pain as Nadia quickly mumbles out a ‘sorry’ before gently placing the foot back down.

“I don’t know what happened. One minute I was running and the next I feel myself fall. I think I tripped over something on the ground.”

“Weren’t you watching where you were going?” Nadia raises her eyebrows peering into the window to see the others already with the plates and passing around of the dishes already. “Man, they can’t even wait for us.”

Nick laughs, “Hey when you guys around food, its like another world. We can’t wait that long or hold out for too long.”

Nadia giggles and nods: “I guess.” She sighs, taking a deep breath, her expression quickly turning serious: “What do you think her expression will be when you tell her?”

Nick shakes his head: “Disappointment.”

“And why do you think that?”

“Why do I feel like I’m being questioned?”

“Cause you are blondie.” She smiles, leaning back in the swing.

“I messed up. She’s gonna hate me, I just know it.” Nick breaths out, watching the front door open up. Nick nervously looks up hoping it wasn’t Genesis and to his relief it was Howie calling them inside to join them.

“In a minute, we’re almost done Howie.” Nadia calls out as he nods and slips back inside the house, the door locking softly behind him.

“She won’t hate you…too much.” Nadia teases, standing up. “But she will be disappointed. Nick she told me about you guys finally hooking up. I’m so happy about it and shocked all at the same time cause I know you guys will head out afterwards back home. I don’t know how she’ll do on long distance relationships, but maybe you guys can work it out somehow. I would hate to see you guys separate over miles of not seeing each other. But I know whatever happens…you’ll make it work for you. Cause I can see you really care for her. And that’s something I haven’t seen in a while from any guy towards her. So I’m grateful you’re here and you’re in her life.”

Nick smiles, nodding his head: “Thanks. And I’m sure Gen will be ok about all this.”

“I’m sure she will.” Nadia smiles, taking his hand and leading him into the house.
~*~

“YOU WHAT?! I can’t believe this!” Genesis shakes her head in disbelief, hoping that she was just imagining it all. Dinner was already done and the rest of the men were outside waiting for Nick to catch up to them.

Nick gazes down on the shiny mahogany planks below him, hearing the creak and groan of Genesis’s pacing before him. The look on her face said it all the moment he first entered the house with the cane. Her face had completely dropped in shocked as the dinner progressed, it felt something more like a delaying funeral in procession. The entire time he was eating the wonderful cooked food, he could feel Genesis’s prying eyes cut into him constantly, the look of utter shock and coldness piercing his flesh with each glance. He knew he let her down and he couldn’t feel anymore worse than that.

He looks up, barely hearing Genesis’s ranting about how irresponsible and thoughtless he acted when jogging. The mere sound of Genesis’s hurting voice: shreds him a bit more than he allowed or intended to. Gulping down the guilt as well as he could, he looks up finally to see Genesis standing before him: a frown crossing over her pretty pouty lips.

“I’ll be fine by Saturday, you’ll see.” Nick offers some hope, hearing her snort.

“Nick, you hurt your ankle, unless you stay off it, it won’t get better. And even if you do stay off it what makes you think you’ll be able to dance. We have complicated steps and I can’t have you limping around, trying those moves, it’ll just cause your ankle to hurt more.” Genesis sighs, plopping down on the sofa, shaking her head in disappointment.

“What do you want me to say?”

“Nothing…cause it won’t matter. You’re hurt, I can’t do the competition and I won’t win the prize. It’s just as easy as that.” Genesis whispers, wrapping her arms around herself, her eyes averting to the shiny mahogany planks below them.

“You’ll do the competition and win. I didn’t offer to be your partner if I wasn’t gonna pull all the way through. I’m dancing and we’re gonna win.” Nick musters up his strength, pulling himself to his feet with the help of his cane.

Genesis smiles: “You should just stay the night. I can take care of you better here if you stay with me.”

Nick smirks, limping his way over to her, sliding next to her on the sofa. “You know, that doesn’t sound like such a bad idea now that I think about it.”

Genesis giggles, stroking his hair with her fingers. “How did I get to be so lucky huh?”

Nick smiles, kissing her neck and forehead: “Don’t know. You’re the angel to my luck I guess.”

“Cute.” She gently laughs, settling back in the sofa quietly. “I think its time we talk about what’s gonna happen when you leave…”

Nick winces at the idea, knowing after all the days of fighting to bring up the sore subject, they would have to eventually have to deal with it. “What about it?”

“What’s gonna happen with us?” Genesis squeaks out, afraid of knowing yet craving for an answer to console her heart.

“What do you want to happen with us?” Nick whispers out, cupping her face as his hands rested on either side of her cheeks.

“I want us to be together.” She chokes out, gulping slowly.

“So do I, so what’s the problem?” Nick eyes her curiously, wondering how he was going to resolve that issue when it was time to catch his flight the morning after their competition.

“You know the problem Nick. You’ll be back in Florida while if things work out for me, I’ll be in New York. Long distance relationships are hard to maintain. And Nick as much as I like being around you and stuff, how can I know we won’t get tired of not seeing each other?” She clasps a hand around his arm as he looks down, breathing softly on her cheek.

“Distance isn’t the issue. You can make it work if you want it to.” Nick eyes her, gazing at her intensely.

She sniffs, feeling a tear break free from the corner of her eye, dropping on Nick’s hand. “I’m gonna miss you so much. It’s unfair. Why do we have to live so far away from each other?” She chokes out.

Nick kisses the tear drop on her cheek, caressing her face: “Don’t cry. We’ll be fine. This is just another obstacle we gotta deal with. And who knows, maybe I’ll find a place up in New York, or you could find a place in Florida and start the dancing company down there.”

Genesis feels a small grin break across her lips, loving the idea of how Nick would solve the issue to make it work between them. “You’re right…it’s…”

She gets cut off as Nick sits up and smiles, staring at her: “What?”

“Can you repeat that for me just one more time?” Nick grins, his light eyes glittering in glee.

“About which part?”

‘The part where you say I’m right.” Nick chuckles sending Genesis into a giggle.

“Why?”

“Cause that doesn’t normally happen to me. I mean, me being right is like saying it’s the end of the world.” He teases, gazing at her gently.

Genesis begins laughing hard, her chest heaving for breaths as Nick joins in, just glad to be together.

“So you’re not mad at me then right?” Nick raises his eyebrows.

“I’m still mad at you boy.” She smirks, brushing her fingers through a lock of her hair over her shoulders. “But you’re let off now.”

“Whew.” Nick smiles, passing a hand across his forehead as she giggles.

“Oh come here you.” She giggles, pulling on his shirt to lower him down. They begin kissing passionately as his hands trail down over her shirt. She smiles, watching him trail his hands down the hem of her jeans as she looks over to the window in the den. “We have an audience.”

Nick turns towards the window and laughs: waving at the guys peering and laughing. “Bunch of punks.”

“We could always take it to the room where we won’t get interrupted.” Genesis giggles out as Nick grins.

“Hehe, then what are we waiting for?” Nick wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her as he picks her up and struggles to stands up.

Laughing, Genesis slides out of his arms and leads him to her room as he limps and waves bye to the guys staring from the window.

Brian snorts, rolling his eyes as A.J. breaks into a laugh.

“Whoa…Nicky is gonna get some tonight.” A.J. grins, getting a few groans from the others. “Oh what? Like ya didn’t know what was gonna happen?”

“Yeah, we just didn’t need for you make it loud and clear that all.” Howie grins, tugging on A.J.’s arm.

“We should head out. I don’t Nick is coming home with us tonight.” Kevin smiles, gazing at Nadia.

“Well…hehe. Guess I can always use the sofa bed then. Lucky I have that too cause I wouldn’t want to be in the room with them.” Nadia crinkles her nose, getting a few laughs from the guys.

“Alright. Well girl, we’ll see ya later then. Make sure Nick is sane when you bring him back to us k?” Brian smiles, waving a quick bye and giving her an embrace.

“Wait, you’re saying he isn’t sane as we speak?” Nadia giggles out.

“Ahh, the lady got it.” A.J. smiles, hugging Nadia as Howie laughs, quickly hugging Nadia as he departs.

Kevin smirks, gazing at the window: “Nadia…I wanna see them stay together. When we leave Sunday morning, I’m hoping those two can figure out what to do to be together, cause they need each other. He’s so different, I don’t think I ever saw him so drawn to a girl except with her. He’s so happy, she’s like a fresh breath of air to him that he needed. And I’m glad they’re together.”

Nadia smiles, nodding her head: “I hear ya. Same here. Nick’s so different, the right different Gen needs in her life. And I’m sure they’ll work something out.”

“Yeah I’m sure of it.” Kevin smirks, hearing the other guys shout out to him, rushing him.

“Dude, let’s go. I have a date with a toilet and it might get ugly.” A.J. shouts out, getting a few groans and laughter from the others.

Nadia crinkles her nose, giggling: “Well you heard the guy, he has a date with destiny, go take him before he poops all over the place.”

“Hey I heard that! I’m not a dog! I can hold it in…I think.” A.J. calls out from the SUV window, getting a laugh from the others.

Kevin chuckles, waving goodbye to Nadia and quickly boarding the driver’s side of the vehicle, closing the door behind him as he pulls away and drives down the road, honking the horn as he leaves to Nadia.

She smirks, gazing into the window: “Guess they could use the alone time.” Pulling out her mobile phone, she plops down on the porch swing, dialing her boyfriend’s number to see what he was up to.
~*~

She watches his hands mark her body cleverly, tracing down her thighs as she pants out, gripping his back as she closes her eyes, loving every moment she was with him. Somehow their passion had raised so much that it wasn’t just mere lust that drove them to bed and into each other’s arms that night: it was the feeling of needing each other. Of being able to drink in each other in through the passion that was developing strongly between them. The more he touched her, the more she wanted of him. It was unlike anything she ever experienced before unlike with her past sexual experiences that left a rather unfulfilled vacant feeling at the end, making her wonder was it really worth giving her body to some man.

But with Nick, this was something she willfully offered because in turn he needed her as much as she needed him. Maybe Nadia was right on this, maybe she really was falling for this man more than she could let on. But she had never experienced love, a real surpassing love that last through all ages: but she wanted that. She wanted that with Nick and she could only hope he in turn felt the same way.

She watches Nick on top of her, kissing her and smiling as she breaks into a soft laugh. She loved looking at him, touching him, hearing him talk. Just every little thing about him set her heart in motion. Genesis sighs happily, watching him settle besides her, holding her as he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her to him. She smiles, placing her head on his bare chest as he begins humming a soft melody in her ear.

Genesis gazes up at him, tracing her fingers over his lips: “Nick?”

“Hmm?” He smiles, looking at her.

“Can I keep you?” She grins, watching him tilt her head so he can kiss her.

“Always.” He gently kisses her, his hands running down her bare back as she giggles and backs inches away from his lips.

“Good.” And she laid her head on his chest, closing her eyes as she feels his arms wrap around her tightly, securing her to him.
~*~

He drums his fingers impatiently on the kitchen table, watching Howie make a mixed alcoholic drink.

“What?” Howie turns, eyeing A.J. “You want some?”

A.J. sniffs the drink, making a disgusted face: “Eghhhh, how about you drink it for the both of us alright?”

“Fine. Whatever, you’re missing out. I think this is a cool drink I made.”

“Keep telling yourself that, you might believe it too.” A.J. leans back in the chair, dodging a playful punch from Howie. “So what’s your plans for today man?”

“Seeing Angela.”

A.J. snickers, “Oh yeah. For some loving?”

“Why it always gotta be about that?”

“Cause you need it.” A.J. smirks, hearing Brian chuckling as he enters the kitchen.

Howie raises his eyebrows at him and smirks: “Nick didn’t come home did he?”

“What do you think?” Brian chuckles, hearing A.J. snort.

“I’ll take that as no then.” Howie laughs softly, watching Kevin yawn and shuffle around the den lazily.

“Nick got some major booty last night. You know that right? Man speaking of getting some, I gotta call Suzy and see where she’s at.” A.J. gets up laughing, exiting the kitchen.

Brian shakes his head, quieting himself after the laugh: “He needs to lie off the porn, its starting to effect him.”

Howie laughs, settling down in a chair across from Brian as Kevin strolls in.

“Ahhh, lookie, morning Kev.” Brian yawns out.

Kevin waves and settles into a chair, looking aggravated.

“Ok, well not a good morning for ya huh?” Howie sips his coffee mug slowly, watching Kevin sniff and run a hand through his raven spikes.

“Nope not all. I just got done talking with Nadia to pass the message along. Seems I got a voicemail pertaining to the competition tomorrow.” Kevin drums his fingers on the table top.

“Well what’s wrong with it?” A.J. voices out: leaning on the kitchen threshold right in time to hear the conversation.

“It’s a practice rehearsal in front of the people in charge picking the competition. Nick has to dance today and we all know he can’t with that ankle of his. So that’s the issue.” Kevin murmurs out, glancing around to see the others still in motion.

“Well…” A.J. breaks the tension, “You told Nadia and what did she say?”

Kevin shrugs his shoulders: “She’s not sure what to do in the situation, Nick is still limping. There’s no way he can dance yet. He needs to save his strength for the competition tomorrow.”

“Man, it just seems when things are going well, something stupid has to come up suddenly. Maybe it’s a sign, maybe Nicky boy wasn’t meant to be dancing or something.” A.J. states disappointedly.

“Don’t say that, I bet they can pull it off anyway, even with Nick limping. I mean have you seen him dancing now? He’s like a complete pro now, he got moves he might not even have to move his feet.” Brian states proudly.

A.J. smiles: “Hehe, yeah. So who knows.”

“Well enough of this disappointing news guys. I say we have a party and try out my drink I made.” Howie grins, showing them the drink he poured in a champagne bottle.

A.J. smirks: “No comment man.”

The others laugh as the drinks were poured out and passes out to each of them.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Caution To My Heart by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Caution To My Heart~**

The beat of the music pulses through the air as she taps to the rhythm on time. Tying up her hair, she races across the dance studio leaping into the air as she clasps her hands around the wooden dance pole. The mirror shines back her reflection causing her smile, tilting her head to view her profile.

“It’s pretty.” A voice calls out in the studio.

Genesis turns to see Kevin stroll into the dance studio, bopping his head to the beat of the music.

“Thanks. Hey what are you doing here?”

“Just wanted to say hi and I heard about the problem.” Kevin mumbles out, gazing around the studio as his eyes fall on her graceful presence.

Genesis looked beautiful even in her black leggings and snug dance body suit with a soft pink dance skirt around her waist. Her raises one of her powerful legs and gently places it on his shoulder as she gazes at him. “Did you really come here for that? Or are you concerned about the rehearsal today that Nick has to do?”

He smirks, his emerald eyes catching sight of her foot on his left shoulder: “Actually a little of both. How is he?”

“Doing good.” She whispers out, smiling gently as she sighs, taking her leg off him and does a few stretches, placing her leg on the pole.

“Good as in how?” Kevin wonders, hoping to figure something out.

Genesis gulps gently, eyeing the man. “I’ve already told Nick about the rehearsal for today. He’s up to it. Though we both know he shouldn’t.”

“I know this dance competition means a lot to you and if you want, maybe I can learn the steps just to have back up in case Nick can’t make it through.”

Genesis nods, licking her lips: “You’re right. You can learn the steps pretty easy since you had the training for it. I’ll show you a few steps, if you can catch on to most of the steps you might be able to step in for Nick today.”

“What about the judges, won’t they get curious to see a different man on stage tomorrow when you guys perform?” Kevin asks curiously.

“To a point, but they won’t really care to be honest with you. I mean once they see me and the dance steps that’s all they’ll be interested at.”

“Oh ok, just making sure. Well I guys we should get started then right?” Kevin raises his dark eyebrows at her.

She nods, “Yeah. Hold on. Let me get the music on. And by the way are you gonna dance with in that t-shirt and jeans cause you’ll need to able to move around and those clothes aren’t meant to be worn in the studio when practicing.”

Kevin drops his head to gaze at his shirt and smiles: “Don’t worry, I got another shirt and some comfy cargo pants to change into.”

“Oh ok, well good. Hurry back, the dressing room in two doors down to your left.”

Kevin nods and rushes off to the changing room, leaving Genesis alone to think.

She nibbles on her lower lip as anxiety sets in, thoughts of what will happen began dribbling into her mind as clouds of impossibilities begin to set in. She had received the call of the rehearsals early this morning as she was settled and in peace lying in Nick’s arms. The news seemed to have ruined the intimate mood immediately when one of the company’s management called for a direct appointment to meet with them later today in the evening for a rehearsal and run through of the dance set. She recalled the initial shock set off in her when she was done with the phone call as she had turned back around slowly to see Nick worried and eager to know what just occurred. So she had told him, told him that it wouldn’t be a good idea if he went today and that he should sit it out for today to prepare for tomorrow. But Nick was stubborn, a large refusal washed through him as he complained and slumped back against her pillows upset.

Genesis was taken out of her thoughts as Kevin enters the studio again, dressed in a fresh set of clothes: a simple black tank top and beige cargo pants as he padded across the shiny wooden mahogany planks in his white low top sneakers.

“Great, you’re ready.” Genesis smiles, gulping down the image of Nick’s reaction in her mind when she told him he shouldn’t rehearse today.

Kevin nods as Genesis slides across the floor to the stereo, turning on the music. In a matter of seconds the dance studio was filled with Donna Summer’s “Last Dance” single, the beat setting her off as she begins to show him the most basic steps.
~*~

“I just don’t think its right, that’s all.” Howie slumps back against the sofa, eyeing the other guys minus Kevin.

“So? What do you what him to do? Give up and stop?” A.J. barks out, shaking his head in disapproval.

“I think I can speak for myself guys.” Nick mumbles, leaning back in the sofa across from Howie, gazing around quietly. “This whole rehearsal thing came out of the blue. I just think someone’s setting Gen up that’s all.”

“What prove do you have with this?” Howie narrows his eyes, leaning forward towards his knees.

“Think about it. The moment Genesis’s partner left and I came into the picture things have been strange since Farah’s appearance.” Nick raises his light eyebrows, gazing at the two men before him.

A.J. crinkles his nose and snorts: “Oh right of course, that crazy bit…”

“Stop it Alex.” Howie intercepts the man, glancing over at Nick. “Nick I don’t think it’s wise for you to go and participate tomorrow in the show. Look at you Nick, you can barely get around right without the cane, and here you are wanting to dance when you can barely walk right. You gotta be wise Nick, you’re not helping Gen anymore than you can with your ankle.”

Nick curls his hands into fists, pounding them on the cushions beside as he angrily gets up and reaching for his cane. He misses the cane and limps over the rug, accidentally tripping over a small lump near the rug’s edge. He lands on his stomach with a small oomph while A.J. and Howie both take a quick inhale in pity at the sight of their friend.

“Yo…dude…you aight man?” A.J. peers down at Nick’s face slamming against the hard floor in pity.

Nick groans and wearily sits up, rubbing his forehead as he lets out a string of profanities.

Howie tries to keep a straight face as he peers over at Nick’s forehead that now carries a small red mark smudged across it. “Uhh…umm…yeah Nick maybe you should take it easy cause you just saw what happened to you.”

Nick smirks, looking over at the two men. “I know ya wanna laugh.”

A.J. fights to keep the grin off his face as he sniffs and straightens up: “Dude that wasn’t funny, you could have hurt yourself like that.” A.J. smirks, holding down the laughter that was ready to erupt from his throat.

Nick smiles and starts laughing, tossing his head back for full effect as the other two join in laughing in glee as the small incident.

“You guys are bad. I’m hurting and you’re laughing at me.” Nick breaks out in between laughs.

“Hey you started it!” A.J. laughs out, holding his stomach as he settles down on the sofa, extending his hand out to help the man up from the floor.

Nick stands up and smiles, dusting himself off as he proceeds to grab his cane and limp out of the den to his shared bedroom.

Howie smirks and looks over at A.J.: “That was wrong. We shouldn’t have laughed man.”

A.J. chuckles: “Dude shut up, you were the first that wanted to crack up. Sweet D my as…”

A.J. pauses to hear the door bell ring loudly, echoing through the halls.

“Great, company!” A.J. bounces over to the door as Howie settles back in the sofa, wiping the smile off his face.

The door swings open to see a familiar red head gazing at him. A.J. grins and steps outside to join Suzy, closing the door behind him.

“Well what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?” A.J. smiles, leaning on the threshold.

Suzy sighs and cracks her knuckles, “Alex babe, can you take seat?”

A.J. nods and gazes her intensely knowing something was about to happen. “What is it?”

Suzy gulps and smiles at him, her bright eyes capturing him all as she settles down on the porch step besides him. “I…I don’t know how to tell you this…I’m afraid of your reaction and that you won’t wanna talk to me again.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, lifting up his black baseball cap to run a hand through his hair. “Why would you think that?”

“Because of what’s I’m gonna say.”

A.J. watches her, hoping she would get to the point already, he couldn’t stand the suspense if it dealt with him and it was driving him crazy that she was slowly dwelling the news out to him. “Well Alex, as much as I had a great time hanging around you and stuff…I think we’re getting a little too serious and I’m not ready for that yet. I think I need some time off.”

He could feel his eyes open wide as his mouth slowly drops. He sits up confused, shaking his head: “What the hell are you talking about? We weren’t that serious yet since we just started dating and you wanna break up with me?”

Suzy’s eyes open wide as she jumps up and smiles: “Oh good you do understand. I didn’t want to make you feel bad or anything, its just I felt rushed into the relationship. Don’t get me wrong, you’re a great guy to be with in and out of bed but I’m just not ready to be tied down yet, though I’m sure you’ll find the perfect girl out there!” She smiles gently, running a hand down her arm.

A.J. blinks, taking in all the news as he gazes back at her in complete confusion. He watches as she waves and gently kisses him on the cheek before running down the stairs and jumping into her car to speed away from him and the cabin.

“Well that was interesting.” A.J. murmurs, watching the brink of Suzy’s car down the road before it turned and got lost in the soft array of dust behind it. Snorting, he leans back in the stairs: placing his arms on the top step as he watches some of the neighbors stepping out of their houses or getting into their own cars to begin another working day.

He clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he stares around the neighborhood anger slowly crawling through his chest. He didn’t know how long he sat there, watching his life pass by him as everyone around him went about their things, but for him it didn’t matter. He was caught in emotion, lost and confused, trying to understand what just happened.

“So she left ya huh?” Nick states, stepping out into the porch to join A.J.

A.J. jumps at the voice and nods: “Seems like it.”

“Too bad, she looked real nice.”

“Yeah chicks normally are nice before their inner beast comes out.” A.J. snorts hearing Nick’s chuckles. “But forget about her, how you doing man? Hehe, what’s up with you and Gen?”

Nick lets out a warm smile that bathes his face as he lets out a relieved sigh: “She’s amazing. J, everything I think about her, I get all nervous and happy. Like take today, when I woke up and saw her in my arms. Dude it was like something I never felt before. I wanted to be there and protect her, to just hold her and never let her go. To I don’t know, I just want to be around her and the more I stay away the more I want to see her faster.”

A.J. chuckles softly gazing at his friend: “Yo do you know what is happening with you?”

“Huh? What?”

“As much as I hate to say it, I think you’re actually falling for her Nicky boy.”

“Me? Na. I mean she’s wonderful and all but me falling in love with her, that’s just impossible. I’ve only known her for almost two weeks, I can’t fall in love that fast.”

A.J. sits up on the step, amused by Nick’s reaction as he cracks his knuckles. “There’s a thing out there, called love at first sight. I think you may have caught it.”

Nick snorts: “Ha, dude I’m not in love with her. You can’t fall in love with a person that fast, that’s so strange.”

“Strange…but ah so true boy.” A.J. stands up, eyeing his friend. “How many times are you gonna talk to me about Genesis before you realize what you’re feeling for her. Nick, love isn’t an option, it’s an emotion you feel and sometimes you can’t stop it no matter how hard you try. Love isn’t a feeling, you can’t feel love. But you know it, its an emotion that takes over your heart and mind and for once in our lifetime, both our mind and heart will agree, you and Genesis have a thing I haven’t seen since Brian and Leigh got together.”

“A.J. you can stop it now. I’m not in love with her.” Nick begins to get uncomfortable, leaning the threshold as he watches his friend on the steps.

“Ok fine, whatever. But I think you know otherwise. You’re not slow Nick…though we all wonder at times if maybe your mom dropped you on your head more than once…but you know what’s going on with you and Gen. And I’m not here to tell you otherwise, only to help you realize what you already know boy.” A.J. raises his eyebrows as a smirk remained scrolled on his face.

Nick scowls playfully, watching his friend. “Dude, I don’t want to let her down, but I don’t know what to do my ankle. It still hurts a little. I mean its not a big deal, but I don’t want to screw it up and be in pain while performing.

A.J. smirks, “I’m sure that hasn’t interrupted your performance huh?”

Nick laughs, shaking his head: “But that’s a different story, my legs aren’t the ones doing the work.”

A.J. laughs softly: “Ok, ok. I don’t need to know man. Well anyway…you ok with the news about tonight?”

Nick frowns: “Yeah…I guess. At least she’s getting covered by Kevin. But I have to get well by tomorrow, she’s relying on me.”

“And you will man. Don’t worry about it, you go rest that ankle of yours.”

“K, but uh you gonna be ok, Suzy just played you.”

A.J. smirks: “Shut up man. I have backup, there was a blonde back at Kevin’s club, gave me her number, cute green eyed chick, didn’t get her name right: April? Winter, Autumn…something around there. Anyways, maybe she might want company.”

Nick laughs: “Dude you’re so bad. You’re over Suzy fast.”

“Have too, yo did you see how she dumped me?! Man I have never been the dumped, this sucks.” A.J. smirks, laughing as Nick chuckles along.

“Well it had to happen one day right?”

A.J. laughs, “That’s it, get inside before I hurt the other ankle.”

Nick smirks and limps back inside with A.J.’s holding the door and helping him out.
~*~

Kevin pants, out of breath as he leans against the dance pole. “Ok, ok, maybe this is a bad idea me doing this. I can’t move like that.”

Genesis laughs, shaking her head: “Kevin we don’t have a choice now do we? You have to take Nick’s place for the rehearsal for tonight and then you’re out of the clear.”

“What if Nick doesn’t make it through tomorrow. I can’t perform for him, it would break his heart.” Kevin whispers out, sighing.

“I know.” She exhales softly, looking around: “I’m sure something will work and Nick will be back as good as new.”

“That’s almost asking for a miracle.”

“Lucky for me, I believe in miracles.” Genesis smiles as she takes his hands as the beat to the music “Last Dance” blast out of the stereo.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Embracing Arms by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”


**~Embracing Arms~**

Kevin gulps nervously, the drumming of his heart racing through his system as he paces around the living room in the cabin.

“Yo Kev, take a chill pill. You’re wearing me out and I’m sitting.” A.J. gnawed on his thumb, scanning over a sports magazine.

“It’s not that easy. I have to do the rehearsal today and I don’t feel up to par.” Kevin groans out frustrated.

“So what do you want me to about it? You know Nick’s condition and he can’t break that promise he made to her.” A.J. calmly retorts, flipping a page with a smirk on his handsome face.

Kevin growls out: glaring at A.J. who remains scanning over an article in the magazine. “I just think you believe this is a big joke.”

“Well duh. Could have fooled me, cause I thought for sure you would have caught on already?” A.J. muses playfully, a grin spread across his shifty face.

“Look I don’t wanna mess it up that’s all.”

“And you won’t. Stop worrying about it.” Brian enters the den, chewing on a bagel. “Kev since how long have I known you that when something like filling in on dancing becomes an issue?”

Sighing, Kevin reflects over the past inquisition, snorting: “Don’t start this Brian. I’m nervous taking the stage. I haven’t done this for a while and this is Nick’s big chance. The last I wanna do is screw it up for him.”

Brian smiles softly, sliding into the sofa besides A.J. “Look, I gotta agree with A.J. for once.”

A.J.’s mouth drops open as Howie steps out of the kitchen in shock, a piece of cookie tumbles out of his mouth as he watches in shock at Brian’s comment. Kevin seemed flabbergasted at the concept, gazing at him strangely.

A.J. chuckles, sitting up: “Yo did you hear that?! Haha, Brian is agreeing, meaning yes people get a load of this, I’m right! Haha. That’s right, I’m right and ya can all go and screw yourselves cause I’m right!” A.J. laughs in glee, tossing his head back to add more emphasis as Howie finds a roll up newspaper, bopping it across his friend’s head.

“Hey Ow…” A.J. smirks while the others chuckle gathering around the den.

“Ok so what’s the verdict man?” Howie drums his fingers on the arm of the sofa.

“Wait we’re forgetting something very important.” A.J. murmurs lost in thought as he gazes around at his three friends. “Something isn’t right…I can’t figure it out man…” His eyes glaze over Howie, A.J. and Kevin as he smirks. “Duh.”

“What are you talking about man?” Howie glances around in confusion as the others do the same.

“Hello my crackers. Dammit I knew I left them in the kitchen. Be right back.” A.J. smiles as the others groan.

“Somebody get Nick.” Brian rolls his eyes at A.J who cockily strolls across to the kitchen to retrieve the small snacks.

Howie sighs, “Don’t all raise your hands at once now.” He murmurs out sarcastically as he heads to Nick’s room to get the sleeping man. Knocking on the door impatiently, he presses his ear to the door. “Yoo hoo, Nicky boy time to wake up and join us man.” He could hear shuffling and mumbles coming from behind the door as he waits calmly.

Nick yawns, grumbling at his ankle as he sits up in bed, gazing around for his crutches. He reaches out to the crutches across from him leaning on the threshold of the closet. Inches away from grasping the items, the crutches slid down to the floor, falling back into the closet as Nick hisses out, now making the task more burdening than before. “I won’t get mad…I won’t get mad. It’s just some crutches, nothing to be pissed off about. I can do this.” He calmly breaths out: trying to clear his mind. Slowly he closes his eyes, reopening them to see the crutches lying on the closet floor almost mocking him in his ironic luck. Growling, he closes his fists tightly before realizing a relentlessly slew of profanity coming from him, loud enough for Howie to hear through the other side of the door.

“Yo D, any day now man.” A.J. calls out from the sofa.

“Don’t tell me that, Nick is the one behind the door.” Howie rolls his eyes, leaning on the side of the threshold, waiting for the door to swing open.

Kevin blinks, staring at the closed bedroom as the others do the same, all eagerly waiting for Nick to make his appearance.

“Ummm…” Brian glances at his watch: “How long should we sit here before we figure out that Nick isn’t coming out?”

“Now sounds good. Don’t ya think?” Howie gazes back at Kevin who sighs, coming up to the door. Knocking softly on it, he waits to hear nothing but a small glass item crash within the room. “Nick! Nick, are you alright? Do you need help? Was that glass that fell?”

The others watch curiously, hoping Nick would just give up and open the door for them already.

Nick grunts, throwing his legs over the ledge of his bed gazing at the wrapped ankle in pity. “What am I gonna do? I have twenty-four hours of miracle to heal this ankle and I can’t even walk right.” He grumbles to himself. Sighing, he hears the knocking getting louder causing him to frown. “Chill out man! I’m fine.”

He cuts his gaze over to the small glass flower vase splintered across the shining mahogany planks that he kicked out of his fit of anger that spellbound him only a few seconds ago. “Yeah. Yeah I’m fine. I hope Brian didn’t like that glass vase cause it’s broken now.”

Kevin’s mouth drops open, “My vase?! You broke my vase?!” He calls out from the other side of the door.

“Dude anger problems much?” A.J. snorts: “It’s only a glass vase. Who cares?”

“I care! A.J. that vase was an antique which I bought off a highly established art center where artists such as Van Gogh and Devinchi used as inspiration for their well established paintings. That’s why I care!” Kevin growls out: his gaze cutting into A.J.

“Wow, Van Gogh. That’s deep man. He was the loony guy who cut off his ear or something right?” A.J. grins, receiving an annoyed push from Howie.

Kevin murmurs: “Its ok…It’s just a material…something that I bought at an auction. Sure it had sentimental feelings behind it…but it’s nothing… it’s just an item.” He tries to reassure himself as the others hold back their laughter.

Straightening up slowly, Kevin knocks on the door hoping to calm down before he lunges at one of the guys. “Hey Nick, it’s alright about the vase man. No big deal, just come out and join us.”

“That’s easy for you to say, my crutches fell in the closet and I don’t wanna walk on the ankle to get across the room ‘cause I need it to heal.”

“Well Nick’s that understandable, but you have to at least make it out the room, I mean the bathroom and kitchen are here and you might want to see those places through out the day.” Kevin tries boldly to convince the man to open the door.

Nick sighs, rolling his eyes as he reaches across the bed to unlock the door. “K, ya can come in now if ya want.”

Kevin turns the handle, swinging the door open as he steps gasping at the broken glass vase. Growling, he turns to Nick who simply bats his eyes innocently wearing a rather mischievous smirk on his handsome face sending Kevin to growl out and leap towards the man.

“AHHHHHH!!!” Nick yells out as Kevin lands on Nick, trying to yank out his hair. Howie and Brian race into the room, prying Kevin’s grip off Nick while A.J.’s laughter seems to mix in the odd combination of anger.

“Dude I thought you said the stupid vase wasn’t important!” Nick hisses out, touching his hair in case of any missing strands, sighing out in relief to find no bald spots on his scalp.

A.J. leans against the threshold laughing softly as he shakes his head: “Dude, come on you should have known better. You know Kevin was gonna get ya for that.”

Nick rolls his eyes, sighing: “Whatever, it’s broken, it’s nothing he can do about it.”

Kevin struggles against Howie and Brian’s grip, calming down as a smirk appears on his lips. “You’re right Nick. There isn’t anything I can about it. But since I can’t get the vase back, I’ll have to go after you.” And he slips out of their grip, lunging again at the laughing Nick.

“Kevin stop!” Brian whispers out between laughs, gripping Kevin in his grasp as Howie grabs the other arm pulling it.

Kevin sighs and leans back against his friend’s grip, gazing at Nick intensely before breathing out. “Well. Since we’re all here, I guess we can talk about any queries and such before I go out and do the dance rehearsal.”

“Right, like don’t make Nick look like an as…” A.J. begins stating as Howie pops him in the mouth laughing.

“Sorry Alex, be quiet for the time being.” Howie smirks sending A.J. to mumble off few profanities under his breath.

Nick grins, chuckling softly at A.J.’s comment as Kevin gazes at him. “Fine, what do you need to know?”

Kevin sighs, “I don’t know. I just don’t think this is right. I’m doing this cause I know it means a lot to you, but I don’t feel ready at all. I had to learn the entire dance performance in a day and I still feel rusty in some of the moves.”

“Well just do what you can. As long as the judges have yours or rather my name down for tomorrow’s competition, then I could care less how badly you perform.” Nick teases, locking eyes with the older green eyed man.

Kevin exhales, annoyed at the fact that Nick didn’t seem worried at all about his performance. “Aren’t you the least bit worried I could mess up?”

“Kev stop it. You’ve been trained and know how to dance. It’s just for tonight: the dance is what like a good three minutes or so? Why are you making it into a bigger deal than it is?” Brian murmurs.

“Yeah Brian got a point. You know what to do Kev, don’t worry about it cause its not gonna do you any good.” Howie retorts, stepping out of the room following A.J.

Kevin sighs, “Fine…fine. I guess I’ll go out there and do my thing.”

“That’s the attitude man. Go out like a tiger.” Brian beams as he gets Nick’s crutches, handing it to him.

“Thanks B. And yeah what Brian said. Besides you at least you have dancing skills in your past, I don’t.” Nick shrugs, standing up on the crutches as Brian exits the door.

Kevin smirks: “Ah I guess Brian’s right. Go out like a tiger huh? What the hell does that mean?”

Nick breaks into a heavy laughter as Brian pokes his head through the threshold: “Kev it means like a tiger who performs their tricks, share that with the judges. I’m sure Nick will make it in tomorrow for the dance competition.”

“Yeah, yeah you’re right and hey sorry about the vase man.” Nick grins widely, batting his eyes at Kevin’s direction causing Kevin to break into a large grin.

“God you’re so lucky you’re hurt right now. That was a one of kind vase.” Kevin teases as he helps Nick out of the room.
~*~

Kevin races into the dance studio out of breath as Nadia and Genesis glance up at the staggering man.

“Deep breaths boy, we don’t need you to pass out for the last fill in.” Nadia smiles warmly, heading towards the stereo to play the chosen music. “Alright Kevin, here are the small changes in music wise. You guys are gonna start the basic three steps with the single “Fever’ playing off to get the audience in the vibe. Then from there, the music will flip quickly over to Donna’s Summer’s “Last Dance” where you guys will finish the performance off with the rest of the choreographed part.” Nadia bobs her head to a slow song playing off the stereo.

“Ok. Not a problem I guess.” Kevin warmly responds, looking around the studio lost.

“Kevin you’ll do just fine. The moves aren’t complicated. They’re just intricate in its own simple way if that makes any sense. Besides you have dancer’s blood in ya, I see the fire in you when the music comes up. And since we don’t have a choice at the moment, you’ll have to do it for Nick.” Genesis smiles, folding her hands before her.

“Ok…” Kevin sighs, already dressed in a simple black t-shirt and loose fitting cargo pants to move around in. “I got it. I’ll do this right. Don’t you worry.”

“Well good, that’s all I’m asking you to do.” Genesis nods, a grin smearing across her face as the music begins to start their practice.
~*~
She taps her red stilettos against the waxed mahogany dance floor of the club where the rehearsals where taking place. She watches amazed at the dance couple on stage at the moment twirling and dancing intricate steps to tango music blasting from the stereo system. Genesis glances around the intimate club, its soft warm earth tones colors painted the walls and ceilings, leaving an eerie calming sense to those in the place. She looks around to see Nadia talking with Kevin who seemed up in arms about going through with the performance because of his failure at the practice back in the studio. Genesis sighs, recalling only a few hours ago the dance steps back in the studio that confused and agitated Kevin who tried to remember all the complicated steps following the simple steps in the beginning.

Genesis drums her fingers on the wooden table top nervously as she hears a soft whisper in her ear.

“Is this seat taken?” the voice asks sending her into grin. She turns to face Nick who was in crutches gazing at her.

“What are you doing here?” Genesis smiles, gazing sadly at his wrapped ankle.

“Oh well, I couldn’t stay home wondering how Kevin was gonna fail me so I decided to actually watch him suck. I mean that’s a new form of my entertainment.” Nick grins, sliding into the seat besides her.

Genesis giggles, shaking her head gazing at the fair headed man who bright azure eyes seem almost glowing in the dim lights of the club.

“So those five people over there by the stage are gonna be the ones who are gonna determine if we make it tomorrow?” Nick points to a row of paneled tables aligned together in front of the stage with five people: three women and two men who watch the present performance before them.

“Yup, pretty much.” She whispers, gazing down at her nails.

Nick extends his hand out, rubbing her knuckles with his hands: “What are you worried about? You’re the one who can actually dance.” Nick snorts, smirking at her direction.

Genesis smiles, “Its not me I’m worried about. It’s your friend over there who seems to be losing his mind.”

“Oh Kevin?” Nick glances behind him to see Kevin running a hand through his hair as Nadia tries to reassure the nervous man.

“He’s worried that if he doesn’t perform, that he would be messing up both of our chances for the final performance tomorrow.” Genesis idly gazes up at the young man who simply pulls her into a hug.

“Ah he’ll do fine. He’s the worry wart out of the group of my friends.” Nick states with a smug expression crossing his lips.

Genesis nods, grinning: “Well he’s worried for a good reason at least right?”

“Yeah.” Nick whispers out, pulling her to him on his lap. “I missed you.” He breaths out softly into her ear. “When I was told to stay to rest up, all I kept thinking about was you. And even now, even as I look at you damn I can’t wait to just hold you more.”

Genesis blushes, giggling. “Nadia believes I could be falling in love with you, but that’s impossible cause love takes time doesn’t it?”

“What’s so hard about believing in that? People fall in love at first sight, it’s a proven theory, I saw my friend go through that and he’s now a married man with a child.” Nick whispers gently in her ears as his hand snakes around her waist.

Genesis giggles, “Nick, be real for a second. I don’t think anyone can fall in love like that, it’s too fast.”

“You don’t believe in that?” Nick gazes at her softly.

“I…I don’t know. No.”

“Well I do.” Nick smiles, “Yesterday I was taking with Alex, you know the loud mouth rebel looking guy, well anyway, he mentioned the whole falling for her thing and I didn’t want to believe it…” He trails off, his eyes avert to the stage for a second to see a couple twirl and bow as the judges clap and call for the next performers.

“Didn’t want to believe in what Nick?” Genesis calls his attention back as he smiles.

“That I think I’m starting to fall in love with you Genesis.” Nick mumbles out, feeling his cheek blaze a red tint.

Genesis smiles, gently kissing his lips that seem to captivate the lost repressed emotions and inner turmoil they’re both enduring. “How do you know you’re falling in love Nick? We have our little crushes and stuff, what makes you think this isn’t one of them?”

Nick pulls her closer on his lap so she sat on his left thigh, her arms wrapped around his neck. “Because you’re the first woman I ever felt these strange feelings for. I can be in a room full of people and see no one but you. I can have you next to me so close and still feel like you’re not close enough to me. That the word sex means nothing to me, but making love is the greatest thing out there. That I can stare at you for hours and never get bored and that whenever you talk: my heart jumps just a little and I get shivers when you touch me.” He whispers out, surprised by his utter boldness in completely expressing himself to her without fearing of holding back. “That’s the truth Gen. That’s all I can say about it. I don’t know if that implies love or it’s just a crush to you. But for me, this is something I can’t explain in words. I was only able to say what I can with the little words can do.”

Genesis gulps, blinking back tears as she hears her name being called out from the judges. She nervously passes a hand through his blond hair, standing up and moving away from him to head to the stage.

“Genesis…good luck.” He whispers out, eyeing her as she runs back to him, pulling him to her slowly kissing him intensely as warm feelings surge out of her soul, wanting to be tamed but never holding back. “Ok. I will cause you’re here. You’re my charm, my luck.”

“You’ll do fine angel. Make those judges eat their words about holding us back.” Nick smiles, leaning back in his seat as he was called off by a security to be led out for outsiders were not permitted in the rehearsal areas at the moment.

Genesis watches Nick being led out as he turns and does a quick wave, exiting the room as the door close behind him. She smiles, going up the stage stairs, the stairs groan and creak as she walks quietly over to the center of the stage in her red frayed thin strapped dress as Kevin follows behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist for the first dance step. Smiling, she looks up at Kevin as he grins: “I’ll be ok. Nadia talked with me long enough until I felt stupid about my freak out.”

“Heh, that’s Dee for ya.” Genesis smiles: watching Nadia wave and giving them a thumbs up, exiting the room as well.

“Ok, I’m ready.” Kevin whispers, dressed in simple black pants and a dressy black long sleeved shirt, rolled up to his elbows.

Genesis glances over the five judges, each with their little beady eyes on her scratching something down on a pad of paper. Each of the judge’s faces showed a bored tired look as if they stuck here all day to pick the selected few for tomorrow’s main event. Genesis gulps down the fear rising in the pit of her stomach at the stares of the strangers judging her every move. It was now or never that she would take her chance at proving herself over and over again to the dance company. With fire in her eyes and a sudden burst of self confidence gripping her as she thinks of Nick, she grins, touching Kevin’s hands around her waist.

“Great. Now to give them a great show.” She smiles as the familiar music blast out of the stereo setting them up:
“NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU,
NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I CARE.
WHEN YOU PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME,
I GET A FEVER THAT`S SO HARD TO BEAR.”
Genesis slides down seductively as Kevin goes along and wraps his arms around her back as she slides into a dip. Throwing her leg up on his shoulder, Kevin lifts her up as she moves to slow song. As Kevin reaches to put her down, he feels himself suddenly getting sick from the past lunch he ate. Gulping he tries to holds down the trembling his stomach gave off as it rumbled out in disapproval. Kevin forces a smile on his face as the music changes to “Last Dance” setting off a list of their choreographed steps. They dance to the beat, never missing a step except a minor mishap or so on Kevin’s part of not remembering a step or so, but nothing drastic that would cause the couple to be picked. Finally as the music reaches the end, Kevin was about to pick her for the final lift in which she would pose and finish when he could no longer control his stomach. In a quick haste, Kevin lifts her up and shaking slightly, clamps his mouth closed as the vile begins to creep up his esophagus. Genesis poses, extending a leg up as the music finishes while the judges nod and scribble something on their note pads. Kevin gags as he places Genesis back down on the ground and without warning, regurgitates on the judges table, spilling the slew of the food that had caused his stomach to react.

Genesis’s mouth drops open in shock as Kevin gasps, inching away from the table as the judges hiss and leap off the table in utter disgust each yelling and pointing a finger at Kevin’s direction.

“Kev…why didn’t you say you were sick?” Genesis whispers out through all the yelling coming from the judges.

“I don’t know. I didn’t think I would react that way with the lunch I had. Plus to add that with the nervousness, it didn’t work out well for me.” Kevin shamefully states, feeling beyond embarrassed with that.

Genesis smirks, placing a hand on his shoulder as she smiles: “Well at least you waited to the end and performed the dance well. Now the judges will remember us for sure.” She giggles causing a small smile on Kevin’s face as well.

One of the male judges grunts and puffs up in anger, gazing at Genesis: “Did you think that was amusing miss Martinez?!”

Genesis gulps, standing straight up, staring at the bug eyed slightly hefty judge. “Depends sir.”

The judge snarls at her, waving a wet sheet of the list before her. “You’re so lucky we signed you up on the list for tomorrow before your sick partner spilled his stuff on our table!” He growls out, glaring at Kevin as he storms off, leaving the others judges behind upset and angered.

Genesis breaks into a giggle as she grins at Kevin who smiles back. “Did ya hear that Kevin? Hehe. We’re in!”

Kevin laughs, embracing her as they gaze at the other judges who seemed to have settled down since the appearance of the janitor wiping off the table clean.

“We gotta tell the others, they’re all waiting outside for us!” Kevin smirks, leaping off the stage as Genesis laughs getting lifted off the stage by Kevin.

Smiling, the pair race out of the room, startling Nick, Nadia, Brian, Howie and A.J. in the waiting room.

“Well?!” Nadia leaps out of the plush red sofa in anxiety.

Gulping, Genesis gazes over t Nick seriously as she drops her head, shaking it slowly.

She could hear the others beginning to gasp and start an objection when she looks up and smiles, laughing loudly as Kevin breaks the news to the group.

“We’re in! We made it!” He calls out happily: sending out frenzy cry of joy and laughter as the group gathers in a huge hug cheering and clapping, proud of their accomplishments.

A.J. beams proudly, raising his hands in the air: “Quiet people! I say now is the time to celebrate what do you say?”

The others clap and cheer as Genesis makes her over to Nick.

“Nick you should get some rest, I don’t want that ankle to get worse.” Genesis states, smiling as Nick nods.

“Yeah the guys are gonna drop me off, I already had a big dinner before coming here so it’s ok.”

“Well good. Because I’m gonna go with ya.” Genesis smiles as Nick gazes at her thrilled.

“You for real?”

Genesis giggles: “Sure, why not? We need to talk anyway.”

Nick grins, embracing her as she laughs, cupping his face to kiss him gently on the lips. Nick smirks, winking at Kevin as he heads out of the club following behind the others.

After dropping off Nick and Genesis at Kevin’s cabin, the rest of the group decided to head off to small restaurant and all promised to bring back some amazing dishes for the couple.

Genesis smiles, gazing out of the living room window from Kevin’s place as she turns to see Nick gaze at her curiously from the sofa. “What?”

“You said we were gonna talk or something right?” Nick grins, his eyes grew open in anxiety.

“Yeah.” She whispers out, slowly inching towards the sofa and plops herself down besides him.

“About what?” Nick leans back in the sofa, holding a cushion in his hands.

“About what I’m feeling for you. You told me you were falling in love and had asked if I believed in that. My response was quick, brushing it off saying no cause to me love doesn’t work that way you know? But the more I thought I about it, the more I began to realize that everything you were telling me about how you felt, I was starting to feel that way as well. Nick...” She whispers, crawling towards as she settles on his lap. “I want you so much it hurts. The thought that you have to leave after the performance tomorrow is killing me. I didn’t want to see it cause I didn’t want to put you in a position where what is gonna happen with us. But we have to face it now, ‘cause once tomorrow passes, I might not ever see you again. And I can’t have that.”

Nick smiles, his breathing begins to get heavy as he sits up: “Genesis you changed me. I’m not into the whole romance type stuff but hell for you I do anything to be close to you. Genesis I…I…” He takes a deep breath, licking his lips as he gazes at her: “I love you.”

Genesis gulps, shivering gently as she let the words sink in. Cupping his face with her palms, she smiles and sniffs, nodding her head softly laughing through the tears that broke down her cheeks. “I…I…I love you too.” She cries out happily, never feeling such a strong attraction to any man ever in her entire life. She shivers as he pulls her closer to him as he smiles, kissing her intensely as she runs a hand down his chest.

“Make love to me Nick.” She whispers out in bated breath as he smiles softly, nodding and obeying her wishes. They slowly makes their way to the shared bedroom, closing the door behind them as they wrapped each other up in their arms and expressed their new found love for one another on that cool summer night.

Genesis gasps out in pleasure as he gazes at her above her, his metal dog chain necklace touched her bare chest sending a soft chill down her spine as she licks her lips finding hers with his in an instant. She wraps her arms around his bare back as she gazes at him loving the way he was making her feel at the moment. She sighs out happily knowing at once right there she found what she was missing in her life.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Stranger In My Life by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Stranger In My Life ~**

A soft basking sun light splashes down on his leg as he sits up in bed grunting, gazing around his shared room. Lying across his bed he could see a small bundle rolled under the covers causing a smile to erupt from his lips. Running a hand down his bare toned abdomen, he runs a hand under the covers touching down Genesis’s bare leg. He chuckles under his breath moving closer to her, embracing her. He loved the way he felt about her, no woman put him under a spell like she did and he was ready and willing to do anything for her. Maybe it seemed too fast but he longed to be around her more and more and knew that he had to find a way to be with her after tomorrow.

He sighs softly, today is the big deal. The dance performance and as much as he tried to ease and calm down about it, the nerves were beginning to lurch into his stomach. He tried to remain relax and calm about it, the thoughts of the actual performance for tonight at 7:30 was something that will haunt him throughout the day. He yawns, gazing at Genesis sleeping soundly with a smile plastered on her lips and he runs a hand down her bare thigh, feeling a tug in his heart as the thought of him leaving her.

Yawning, she turns and opens her eyes, gazing up at him with a smile on her face. Whispering, she giggles out: “Hey you. You’re up. What are you thinking about?” She purrs out, trailing a finger down his chin, her light eyes lit up at how close she is to him. Nick gazes down at her, kissing her forehead as he leans back against the plush pillow.

“You.”

“Me? Really? Why?” Genesis sits up as he pulls her on top of him, wrapping an arm around her waist.

“About just stuff…” He trails off, he didn’t want to bring her down with the news of his flight or what he would do. He just wanted to avoid the topic now and not have to deal with it until it was time for him to board the plane if he even wanted to go through with it.

“Nick, I know it’s about your flight. And we need to talk about this. There’s no use in avoiding the topic when we’re both thinking about it.” She whispers out, resting on top of him, her bare body feeling warm and flushed from the love they made shortly beforehand. She wraps her arms around his neck, kissing his chest as he runs a hand down the back of her bare thigh.

“I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I want to stay with you but I can’t just drop my life in Florida…I have a job, family, everything else that I care for is down there, yet here I have the same thing now that I never thought I could find and is making this harder.”

“What’s that Nick?”

“You.” Nick smiles, eying her happily, “I love being around you. You’re like the sunlight after that rain storm we had the first time we rehearsed. You never gave up on me and never gave up on you even with the news that dance competition was getting harder. Gen…you made me a better man not just in dancing. You should me how to love right. And because of that, I feel like I owe so much to you.”

Genesis smiles, eyeing him and sitting, straddling her around his side. Tilting her head, she beams happily: “I didn’t know I played such an important role to you. But I’m glad you feel that way. And as for the whole flight thing, I understand you have a separate life. I mean I shouldn’t be the one to stall you for living your life and I can’t expect you to change your life just to be with me.”

“Well maybe I want to change it for you.” Nick smirks, sitting up on his elbows, brushing his lips down her neck, causing her to react in shivers.

“I know you do. But this has to be thought out. I’m not gonna stay here in Boston for long. I’m heading back to New York if things work out like I want it to be.”

“And it will Gen. You’ll see.” He whispers out, nibbling on her neck as she sighs out resting her head on his toned bare chest.

“Thank you Nick for giving me a chance.” She softly states, her eyes locking on his.

“No. Thank you. I wouldn’t have known what it feels like to fall for a person but you showed me its possible. I never thought I could find the right person until I met you.” Nick whispers out, gazing at her lovingly as he runs his fingers through her hair.

Genesis smiles and softly kisses him, checking the watch as she gasps and tumbles off him, rolling off the edge of the bed and crawling to the bedroom door, the white thin blanket slowly sliding off her with each inch she moved to the thick door.

Smirking, Nick eyes her and licks his lips as the blanket completely slides off her body to reveal her nude beauty to him. “You know…if you step out the door my friends could be there to see you.”

Genesis halts at the door and gasps, “Ohhhh ohhh right! Imagine that crap, me stepping out forgetting that I’m at your friend’s place.” She giggles gently, looking back at him as she stands up, her dark chocolate locks blanketed her shoulders and chest enough to want to make Nick full of curiosity as he sits up on the edge of the bed coming towards her.

She blushes, gazing at him in the full sunlight breaking into the windows of the room as he walks towards her smiling.

“What? You know the bed is all cold and I’m all like this…with no clothes on…I just don’t know what I can do to warm me up?” Nick asks non-chantingly, in a sly teasing tone.

Genesis laughs and shakes her head, “Maybe you should put your clothes back on. Cause I have take a shower. We have a long day of preparation and I need to start now as early as we can. I’ll need your measurements for the costume you’ll be wearing for tonight’s show.”

Nick smirks, “Oh yeah…and you can’t tell just looking what I measure?”

Genesis grins, slowly standing up as the blanket remained tangled around the bottom of her feet. “Maybe I can…or maybe I need to make sure.” She kisses him softly on the lips and bends down to gather the blanket around her nude body, slowly stepping out of the bedroom. She hears noise in the back porch as the four other men, his friends laughed and joked about something one of them said. She was greeted with the smell of a very familiar scent of strawberry pancakes, her nose guiding her to the kitchen of the place. Smiling, she runs to the bathroom only to find it locked for usage. Seems one of the girls had came to early to help out and now was in the bathroom, blocking Gen from entering.

“Oh great this is nice. Now everyone is gonna see me like this.” She murmurs to herself, trying her best to remain hidden from sight and anyone’s eyes. Sighing, she looks back to Nick’s bedroom and was about to head back to it when she hears footsteps from someone entering the living room from the back porch. Gasping, she leaps to a small shadowed corner of a wall unit, hoping no one would notice her. She keeps her eyes on Brian who was looking through a black suitcase, lying open on the side of the couch. For a moment, her heart shattered as she was suddenly reminded that in a matter of forty eight hours, she might not see Nick again. She wanted to go with him and had fought over the idea of just risking the chance and following him. But that wasn’t her. She, like Nick, had already made a life and had to finish what she needed to accomplish before she can just pick up her life and change it for a stranger that walked into her life only two weeks ago.

She remains hidden in the dark corner of the wall watching as Kevin and later Howie enter from the back porch. She gulps, hoping they would go into the kitchen giving her a chance to make it back to Nick’s room before she was caught. Clinging the blanket tightly around her body like it was another skin, she wraps it the blanket around her like a toga, tying the ends up on one of her shoulder’s blades, waiting for the cue to make a run for it. Her light eyes watch as A.J. passes the group and enters the kitchen calling for the guys, asking them where the bag of charcoal and barbeque sauce was at.

“Look under the cabinet you moron.” Kevin yells out with a smirk on his face.

A.J. laughs and peers out of the swinging kitchen door enough to flip his friend off before going back to find the missing item. Sighing out in frustration, A.J. steps out of the kitchen annoyed. “Dude its not there. I looked all over.”

“It has to be. I bought a new one the other day, unless Howie you used it all up?” Kevin raises his eyebrows at the Latin man who simple smirked.

“Oh nice. Blame the missing sauce on me.” Howie pipes up annoyed, lounging on the sofa as he folds a shirt into his backpack.

“Well you’re the one that uses it the most right?” Brian looks over at him with a small smirk plastered on his f ace.

Howie snorts, “You guys think you’re real funny. I wasn’t the last one that used. It was Nick when he poured half the bottle on the chicken the other day.”

“K well someone get blondie then.” A.J. mutters out about to go back in the kitchen.

“K I’ll go.” Brian yawns and shuffles his way to his shared room, slowly opening it.

A.J. smirks at Kevin as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

“What are you laughing at?” Howie glances back at the two men who seemed involved in their own personal joke.

“Hehe Nick had company last night remember? He didn’t go with us to the dinner.” Kevin indicts to Howie hoping he figured it out that Nick was with Genesis.

Instead Howie gives him a blank stare and rolls his eyes to A.J. hoping for a more clearer answer.

“Dude, hint hint, Nicky boy went back here with his little dancer girlfriend, remember?” A.J. blurts it out, a sneaky smile crawls on his lips.

“Ohhhhhhhh, hehe. Yeah I remember.” Howie smirks, tossing a couch pillow off the floor as it went sailing towards where Genesis was crouched hidden in the dark corner of the wall.

She fixates her eyes on the pillow, afraid to move or brush away the pillow cause it would involve movement and surely draw attention to her if they see her. So she remains standing still, her back pressed hard against the mahogany walls behind her.

Yawning A.J. stretches and heads back into the kitchen grumbling about missing barbeque sauce as Kevin quietly snickers. Brian laughs softly and closes his suitcase, looking for a pair of socks buried in deep within his suitcase.

Howie plops on the sofa and looks around to find the black pillow tossed in the corner of the room. “Ohhh there it is. I was looking for that.”

Genesis gasps softly, staring at the black leather pillow that was about to get claimed. She needed an escape right fast, if they found her like this covered in a barely there see through blanket that belongs to Nick, she would never look at them squarely in the face again after such experience.

Kevin shuffles around the living room and sighs annoyed as he hears A.J. rambling about not finding the “stupid sauce” as he heard his friend shout it loud in the kitchen. “Heh, what a pain.” He mumbles and strolls into the kitchen to help A.J. in finding the missing food item.

Sighing, Genesis only hoped the other two men would join them in the kitchen leaving an escape route for her. She watches Brian fumble around his suitcase, zipping it up as he decides to stroll into his shared bedroom with Nick.

Dropping her mouth open, she shakes her head knowing she can no longer run into the safety of that room now for Brian was now in there. Sighing, she shakes her head and slides down the wall, watching and waiting for when the coast is clear to make her move.
~*~

Brian steps into the bedroom and yawns and looks over at Nick who was already dressed in some loose fitting jeans and blue t-shirt, running a finger through his dark golden spikes. “Well morning Nick.”

“Oh hey Brian, what’s up?” He smiles, bending down to tie the laces of his white addias sneakers.

“Nothing much. So…” Brian smirks, “She came here last night right?”

Nick grins, “Gen yeah.”

“Mmmmhum…” Brian smiles, taking his brush and toothpaste along with small necessities left over for his flight back home to the south. “Have you thought of what’s gonna happen when we leave Monday for the flight?”

“About what’s going happen with Gen right?” Nick looks up with worried expression across his face.

“Yeah that.” Brian settles down on his own bed, gazing at Nick.

Nick stands up and sighs, shaking his head. “I want to stay so bad here. But I can’t. I can’t just stop my life for a woman that I’ve known for just two weeks. I mean I don’t mind that cause she’s so great, but I have to be realistic about this whole thing.”

“So its not just another fling right?”

“No, it never was. Bri…this is something beyond that. I care for her, she deserves to get treated right and I’m hoping I’m the one that can do. Especially with the whole Farah issue, I want to be able to trust a woman and Gen has been that one that hasn’t let me down.”

Brian straighten up, clearing his throat: “Hold up. Am I hearing correctly? Are you saying that you would stay with this stranger, granted she’s sweet and all but two weeks isn’t enough for you to change your entire life around this person. Yes she’s a sweet girl and all, but what do you really know about her Nick?”

“I know enough to know that I want to be with her. Brian I love her.” Nick states slowly, smiling at the concept of what he just said.

“What?! Love? Nick are you saying you fell in love in a stranger?”

“Yeah. Why do you find that hard to believe. She’s a beautiful stranger and I think these two weeks allowed me to see that she’s more than just some girl I want in bed. She lights up my life. Brian you have no idea what she’s done for me, her confidence in me, her determination, her smile, her touch…” He pauses and smiles at the concept as Brian raises his eyebrows.

“Wow…uhhh ok…Though I don’t know if this is something you should the others. They’ll think you’re crazy.” Brian gets off the bed, tucking a missing boxer in his jean pockets.

“Why? I don’t care what they think. Its my heart we’re talking about, they don’t control it.”

Brian exhales, his hand on the doorknob of the door, “Its just that this sudden burst of feelings, you felt the same way with Farah and look what happened. I don’t know if you should stop your life for a woman that already has hers all planned out. Sure you can be with her, but what I’m saying is you just said you love her, like falling in love with her.”

“So! Dude that happened with you and Leigh, why can’t it happen to me?” Nick boldly states, eyeing his friend curiously.

Sighing, Brian nods: “You’re right. I don’t know what I was thinking. If it happened to me, why can’t I assume you’re going through it as well.”

“Cause you still think I’m that twelve year old that thought girls had cooties.” Nick smirks, eying his friend.

“Yeah I forget you’re all grown up now. Just be careful ok, you’re making a decision that is gonna effect you as while as her. But Nick…do you know if she feels the same way?’

Nick nods, “Yeah.” He smiles as Brian chuckles.

“Aww, well that’s nice dude. I guess you know what to do. You don’t need us to help you make the choice. But…” He smirks, “Heh, you have a performance tonight and I shouldn’t delay ya, so you go get ready and practice or whatever and I’ll see ya later. Good luck Nicky.”

Nick smiles, “Thanks man.” He gulps, already feeling the butterflies in his stomach thinking about it.

Brian smirks, “Relax man. You’ll do fine. You did your thing at the club so this shouldn’t be any different.”

“Right…except now it’s the real thing and Gen’s dreams depend on this.”

Brian nods and looks down at Nick’s ankle. “How’s that working?”

“Doing good. I can stand on it now, it still hurts a bit if I stand on it hard, but that won’t be a bother when I do the performance.”

Brian smiles, “Well good and hey don’t embarrass us, A.J. will have a fit if you screw it up man.”

Nick laughs, “Yeah I’ll make sure to do it right, just for him.”

Brian snickers and nods: “You better or you’ll be hearing it from him for a while.”

“And when is that new?” Nick chuckles, exiting the room with Brian following him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Un-shattered Destiny by Jamelet
“One Last Dance”

**~Un-shattered Destiny~**

He raises his eyes brows seeing in the corner as she blushes furiously.

“I…uhh…yeah well wow look at the time. I should be on my way.” Genesis scrambles back into Nick’s room as Howie watches her race into the bedroom.

“Heh, that was…interesting to say the least.” He smirks turning around to see A.J. peering the slot of the kitchen door. “What?”

“Nothin…” A.J. grins maliciously stepping out of the kitchen eyeing the man.

Kevin looks over to them with a weary smile, shaking his head as they all continue to prepare for the day’s events.
~**~

Sighing nervously, she gazes at the wooden planks below her, the rush of hush whispers and scrambling footsteps around her inched her nervousness until it felt she would run out and away from the backstage.

“Gen. Gen. Did you even hear what I just said?” Nadia loudly hushes out.

“Uhh, no sorry. Alittle distracted.” Genesis gulps, typing the red top tightly around her so her back was now exposed. Adjusting the long slit that crept up her upper thigh, she gazes at the knee length red dress and smiles, tapping her red heeled stilettos impatiently.

“Yeah well. Listen up next time. I said you and Nick are performing after miss Desiree does her thang.” Nadia murmurs out distastefully, glancing around the small venue filled with costumes aligning the walls on hangers and dance couples nervously running around to finish up their preparations. The harsh white lights glare down on them from above, almost shielding the room in its white grasp.

Glancing around, Genesis checks her watch again annoyed that Nick still didn’t reach the club yet. “He’s late. He should have been here over an hour ago.” She groans out, running a hand down her dark brown locks.

Nadia sighs, “Give the guy a break, he said he was rehearsing at home and should be here shortly. Don’t stress, I think this is so sweet of him doing all this. Personally I don’t know any guy that would go through all that he did just to make you happy.”

“He’s just being friendly Dee, besides…” She smiles, “He likes dancing, I think I opened his eyes more on that.”

“Ohh I bet you did girl. In fact so he’s thrilled about it that he would sleep with you to prove it.” Nadia smiles deceptively.

Laughing, Genesis shakes her head: “Why do you have to bring that up?”

“Hello, word gets around. You got busted by one of Nick’s friend at their place. You know those guys can’t hold a secret like that if they life depended on it.” Nadia brisk down the hallway to fetch a cup of cold water for her friend quickly handing it to her. “Here drink. Cool off. You’ll do fine.”

“Did you see Desiree’s moves?”

“No. But who cares. You’re gonna kill out there, not her.”

Gulping down the rushing cool water, Genesis sighs and looks at her friend who was touching up the makeup and putting on the last round of foundation across her friend’s cheeks.

“I don’t know. She’s good. I saw her stuff already. It freaks me out how good she is.”

Nadia frowns and clasps her hands across her friends chin, holding it in her direction: “Look at me. Don’t you dare start that up you hear me. You got too far to let that girl get away with your prize. You need that money more than she can ever know what to do with it. You have lots of support from all of us and I know you’ll do great.”

“That’s all fine and dandy, but my concern is for Nick. He still has that small injury and that can make or break our performance.” Genesis walks down the hallway, tying her hair up in a loose bun, the dark locks quickly tumbling out of it. Nadia marches down the hallway behind her, grabbing her arm.

“Relax. The more you stress about this, the more it’ll get to you. I can’t believe you’re so uptight about this dance competition. This is the first time I’ve seen you so worried. You need to take a chill pill and calm it down.” Naida smirks, brushing back of lock of dark raven locks behind her own ears.

“Sorry. Its just I don’t want to be a disappointment. You guys all from the dance team are looking up to me to get that award and if I don’t its like I’m letting down my dreams. But…” She sighs and smiles, her flushed cheeks, “You’re right. No reason to worry cause the partner I have this time around is gonna do his best and that’s all I’m asking for right?”

“Right! That’s sounds more like my girl!” Nadia grins, jumping around excitedly.

Genesis nods and gulps down the nervousness hoping that fake grin was enough to satisfy her friends investigation.
~*~

“Aghhhh, I just passed that same road again.” Nick grumbles out, annoyed that at the directions given to him. “Why couldn’t I pay attention when she was driving there?” He whispers out alone in the car. He was suppose to have reached the “Hot & Heavy” Club over an hour ago but got lost along the way there and now seemingly seems to driving around in what seemed like mere circles.

Gasping in relief at the glowing neon lights of the club, he quickly pulls up and parks, leaping out of the rented black ford focus with his costume for the dance hung on a hanger with a plastic over it and running into the entrance of the club. The main floor was set up with wooden fold up chairs that divided in the center as people were slowly getting any avail seats. Glancing at the front row, he sighs out, relieved that his friends haven’t shown up just yet so they wouldn’t see him so stressed out. Rushing to the backstage, he begins calling out to Genesis, looking and speeding down the crowded hallway. “Gen! Gen!”

Nadia’s ear perk at the sound and smirks: stepping out of a small open room grabbing the man’s arm. “Hey about time boy. We were getting worried there for a sec.”

“Oh yeah sorry about that. I got lost on my way here. I took the wrong road and had to head around to get back here. Its pretty crazy at this time in the evening.” Nick grins eyeing Genesis slowly, taking her in.

Smiling, Genesis tilts her head eying the young man from the corner of her eye. “Well how do I look?”

Nick scans the red open back halter tied dress and smiles: “Breathtaking.”

“That’s a good thing right?” She smiles, letting her dark locks fall pass her shoulders.

“Uhh yeah…yeah it is.” Nick breaths out, a sudden surge of joy and relief to be viewing her before him.

‘Well I’ll just step out of here for sec to leave you two love birds alone. Gen if you need anything just shout me out. I’ll be next door, getting Adriana some more chairs and refreshments for the audience.” And with that Nadia steps out and heads next door.

Nick gazes over at Genesis and breaks into a smile as he adjusts his costume and places it over a chair. “I’m gonna get ready I guess.”

“Yeah you do that. And hey…uhh you’ll do fine.” Genesis smiles, stepping out of the room leaving the man to change.

“Thanks.” He eyes the door closing and exhales as the nerves begin to rattle him up.
~*~

Slowly parking the dark SUV at the club’s parking lot, A.J. takes out the keys of the ignition and gazes over at the full crowd with him. Frowning, he realized he was the only one with out a date for the first time and it was beginning to get to him.

Kristen eyes A.J. from the backseat frowning: “It won’t be so bad. I heard there are a lot of single women here tonight.”

Brian smirks: “Well Alex I can always be your date for the night.”

A.J. smirks a bit at the concept shaking his head: “Uh no thanks. I like my girls, you’ll just scare them off away from me.”

Howie snickers, stepping out of the SUV along with his date Angela as the others begin to exit the vehicle too. A.J. was about to get out from the driver’s side when a silver cameo parks too close to his side, making it almost impossible for him to get out. Cursing loudly, he glares at the car waiting for the driver to make an appearance so he can chew his head off about this. He watches the driver side of the car door open as he was ready to lash out at the driver but stops short at the sight of the driver. Blinking, he eyes the woman slowly, taking in each mark and curve her body held under the snug black pants and frayed light blue tank top, her golden honeysuckle locks parade pass her shoulders as a hint of memorizing emerald eyes cut into him.

Gasping, the woman rushes out a sorry as she clambers back into her own car and parks a little more away allowing A.J. to finally climb out of his own car. Standing now, he kept his eyes on the driver as she gets out heading towards him quickly apologizing over and over again about the minor error on her behalf.

Kevin raises his eyebrows at this as Kristen smiles tugging on Kevin’s hand.

“Come on, we should head in before all the seats are taken.” Kristen whispers out softly, leading the dark haired man towards the entrance of the club.

Brian looks over at Howie and Angela who both seem to be beaming all three enter the club leaving A.J. alone with the driver.

Clearing his throat, A.J. smiles at the petite woman: “I think I’ve seen you before.”

“Yeah, back at your friend’s club I think.” The woman smiles softly, her face a soft radiance against the evening’s setting sun.

“Yeah, well I’m Alex or A.J. for short.” He extends his hand as she takes it gracefully and shakes it.

“And I’m Skyla uhh Sky for short.” The woman whispers locking eyes with him.

“Beautiful name. So uhhh…you here alone?”

“By the looks of it.” The woman responds leisurely, her eyes running over the man’s arms, chest and face.

“Well so am I. We can be alone together then.” He extends his hand out for her to take.

Softly giggling she nods and claps his hand heading into the club to watch the show.
~*~

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the annual dance competition here at “Hot & Heavy night club. My name is DJ Rick and I’ll be blasting you hottest joints around here, but before we can do that. We gotta start up the contest. The winning couple wins fifty thousand in cash in full payment allowing that money is placed in good use. Each couple here are representatives of their organizations and will walk away with a small cash prize if not the winners. But enough of this, let’s get on with the show! Everybody yell out ‘Ah yeah’ to start it off.”

The audience yells out in a mixture of jumbled words as they all cheer in anticipation. Brian looks over to A.J. and the new girl from the parking lot to see them cheer loudly as Kevin and Kristen cheer loudly as well. Howie and Angela throw their hands in the air cheering on the contest as Brian laughs doing the same. As quickly as the audience erupted into a loud ringing cheer, they quickly calmed down and took their seat as a couple walk on stage with the introduction from the D.J. himself as some reggeaton music blast out to start off the contest.
~*~

“Just breath big boy. You’ll do fine. Nothing to worry about. And remember if you think you’re making a mistake or something remember to play it off and go with the flow. Just don’t stop and stare cause then everyone will know.” Nadia smiles, patting Nick on the shoulder brushing past a waiting couple who was practicing the rumba.

“Yeah, thanks. I got that part.” Nick exhales, leaning against the cement wall behind him as Genesis makes her way to him. He runs a finger through his messy dirty blonde spikes, sighing as he glances down at his black dress pants and white long sleeve button down dress shirt.

“Ok, we’re gonna on shortly, there’s another couple before us after this and then we go. Are you gonna be ok or do you need something to calm you down?” Genesis eyes him worriedly.

“I’ll…I’ll be fine thanks.” Nick stutters out, holding his stomach afraid it might react and rumble a mist all the anxiety he’s carrying.

“Ok well good. And don’t worry about anything. I’m doing the worrying for the both of us.”

Nick blinks, eying her: “Why are you so worried? You know the steps, its me that I’m stressed out about.”

“Well…I’m nervous too.” Sighing, she drops her arms to the side: “That girl that we saw back at the club the other night Desiree, well she’s goes on before us and…I saw her stuff. Nick I’m just worried she might take top prize instead of us.”

Nick frowns, shaking his head flabbergasted: “Are you for real? You have the hottest moves around, connected to a dance team and about to start up a dance program and you think you can’t beat her?”

“Yes. Yes I am. I can have all that and still lose Nick. It’s not about my credentials cause if that was the case I wouldn’t bother with this competition. But as it stands, she knows some things even I don’t when it comes to dancing.”

Nick blinks and snorts: “So? You worried about another person rather than yourself. I think she’s just messing with you and try to get you to play her game. Ignore her. You were well before you saw her and you’ll keep be will after you see her.”

Brushing back a lock of hair, she nods as a grin crosses her lips. “Yeah…yeah you’re right. Thanks.” And she stands up on her tiptoes, softly placing a kiss upon his awaiting lips. Pulling away, she hears the audience break into a thunderous clap as another couple was called to the stage.

Sighing, she sits down and watches Desiree along with her dance partner Vincent preparing to take the stage next. Nick glances at Desiree who was appealing in her tight leather pants and matching halter top as her light coffee complexion glittered in soft bright twinkles from the sprinkles applied on her toned arms. Her dark long raven curls were tied up in a small ponytail, each curl distinguished from another, yet connected gracefully with the rest of the woman’s hairstyle. Vincent seemed more of a bulky man, his tall height towered over the woman as he tugs on his black jersey and loose fitting black jeans. His bald caramel head shined in the lights above, a harsh spark causing nick to close his eyes for a brief second.

“Damn his head is shiny.” Nick murmurs softly near Genesis how softly smiles, nodding her head. Gulping, Genesis sits up as Desiree and Vincent’s name are called to take center stage. Nick watches them head off and close his eyes knowing its now or never. He was next and he had to perform well for Genesis depended on him.
~*~

Brian watches the next couple take stage frowning as Kevin cuts a glance at them.

“That’s the same couple that had Gen all nervous right?” Howie asks the others.

“Yeah, I think so. Looks like them too. Heh, let’s all hope she twist her ankle or something.” A.J. snickers, sitting back in the fold up chair.

Kevin smirks, “No. Don’t. Gen will do fine.” And the lights lower casting a bright yellow glow upon the two on stage as the loud music starts. Immediately the two on stage break into a reggae shuffle and spread out dancing the same steps going faster. The couple quickly slide across the floor towards one another as Vincent lifts her slowly as Desiree flips over him landing gracefully. Holding onto her, he spins her around gently as she slides down his leg and strikes a pose as they finish their performance sending the crowd up in a loud roar of clapping and whistling.

“Hmmm…she was actually good.” Nadia peers from behind the curtains, closing it to see Genesis take a deep breath and grasp Nick’s hand. “But Gen you’ll kill it out there. She don’t have the moves like you do. Trust me, this is an automatic win for you.”

“Thanks girl.” Genesis whispers, clearing her throat as Nick smiles.

Desiree and Vincent brush past them roughly, a smug look across her face as she flips Genesis off. “Good luck Gen. Hope you break a leg or two.” Desiree scorns out laughing as she takes a seat behind them on the fold out chair with Vincent.

Narrowing her eyes, Nadia clutched her fists together, gritting her teeth. “Don’t mind them. They’l be hatin’ in a few anyways.”

Genesis sighs and nods waiting for her name to be called. Nick eyes the couple over as Nadia snorts.

“Real mature of you Desiree. That always works right?” Nadia hotly spats out, glaring at them.

Desiree fakes a yawn rolling her eyes: “You done talking now?”

“Oh hell no! I should beat your behind on stage and yank that weave off!” Nadia hisses out.

Nick clears his throat as he hears his and Genesis’s name called out to take center stage watching Nadia who walks away from the yelling woman who just competed.

Kevin sits up and smiles clapping and whistling when Nick and Genesis take center stage before the large crowd.

“Wow. Its a lot of people here tonight.” Nick whispers out to her, clutching her hand tightly in his.

“It’ll be ok. Just do the best you can ok?”

Nick nods and exhales slowly as the single track “Fever” begins playing. Holding her to him, Genesis walks around him gracefully and slides down the back of his leg, wrapping her arms around his waist. Pulling her up slowly to the beat of the slow song, he pulls her to a twirl and softly pushes her out as she spins out, her red dress fluttering out around her. Snapping his fingers as rehearsed with Genesis, they kneel down and crawl to each other, clasping each other’s hands and stand up pressed against each other. Wrapping an arm around her waist, she leans back and sways, her back against his arm.

Then the song changes to Donna Summer’s “Last Dance. The soft slights cast on them as them as they stand back to back and slowly along with the beat fall into a dip when Nick turn around to slowly lie her against his arms. As Nick does that, he stands up slowly to the rhythm of the slow song inching close to the red closed curtains behind. When he was about to reach for Genesis’s arm to pull her into the next step he was suddenly pushed forward with a rough trust causing him to stumble and land flat on his stomach. Genesis gulps and eyes the moving curtains to hear Nadia yelling at Desiree, a fight brewing back stage. Gulping and highly embarrassed the music stops as all eyes glance at Nick who was slowly standing up flushed red in the cheeks feeling the boring of the all eyes on him as his heart raced a mile a minute.

Kevin gulps and looks at the others worriedly as Angela nods and leans against Howie who felt so bad for Nick on stage. Brian and Kristen whisper to one another concerned, watching a dismayed Genesis on stage. A.J. shakes his head sadly as Skyla sighs, slumping back in her seat. Once the D.J. sees them all clear the music continues and Nick tries to brush the utter embarrassment away. The song begins again “One Last Dance” and on cue the couple break into their rehearsed steps as if anew. With graceful steps and beautiful twirls, the couple seemed to reign on stage again, the whistles and cheers pressing them on to perform better and like a burst of energy Genesis dances lightly, her feet seemed to barely touch the floor with the beautifully timed steps as Nick follows just as good. Howie cheers and whistles as A.J. leaps off his seat shouting out “Go Nick!!” The crowd begins to fall in love with the dance, cheering and loudly clapping as the couple continues their steps.

Nick slides across the floor and stands up, waiting for Genesis to make the final leap to end their performance but panic begins setting in as he sees her running towards him. Gulping, he exhales and without losing his balance lifts the woman up in the air beautifully as she lies spread out on his hands crossing her legs tilting her head back. The music fades away as the crowd’s claps rumble throughout the club, the echoes vibrating all around them. Laughing, Nick slowly lets Genesis slide down on him, her hands slide down his chest as she laughs and hugs him tightly ecstatic.

“You did great!” She cheers out.

“But I fell.”

“Its ok. You went on like a trooper. Feel proud of yourself.” She grins happily, wrapping her arms around his waist eyeing him.

Smiling, Nick nods as they wave and bow to the crowd going backstage to await the results. After the final performance of the night took place. The D.J. begins to call out the finalists of the night. Two couple were called before Desiree and Vincent were called on stage. Nadia frowns at the sight of the woman and shakes her head glancing at Genesis.

“I tried stopping her but I didn’t get to her in time. Though…the black eye I gave her matches well with her black attire right?” Nadia grins mischievously.

Nick laughs: “Big time. Damn that was embarrassing for me. To hear the music stop and then all eyes on you was nothing like I felt.”

“Well it doesn’t matter, you guys did your thing even with that minor mishap.” Nadia boldly states, as the D.J. announces Genesis and Nick’s name.

“Oh My God! We made it!” Genesis cheers, jumping up and down as Nick laughs embracing the woman. Nadia claps and smiles, ushering them out to take the stage with the other finalists.

Nick steps next to couple and sighs, watching his friends cheer and whistle shouting out something jumbled in the noisy air. Smiling, he feels Genesis clasp her hand with his as the D.J. on the microphone holds a letter in his hands.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, here are the winners for this year dance competition. Each receiving the large sum of fifty thousand in cash full on is…drum roll please.” Smirking, the DJ announces “In second place…” The soft drumming of the drums echo around them all as Nick gulps and pales, his heart pounding against his chest as Genesis bites on her lower lip nervously, closing her eyes and whispering something under her breath as her grip on Nick’s hand tightens.

“In second place is Desiree and Vincent for the soca/ Reggae mix.” The D.J. states as Desiree shouts out in horror. Pushing Vincent off the stage, she shots a glare at Genesis and snatches the letter off the D.J.’s hand to claim her prize. Jumping off of stage she pushes her way out of the crowd, cursing up a storm as Vincent sighs and shakes his head, waving at the crowd and shamefully goes after his partner disappearing in the mass crowd.

Genesis looks at the other couple and crosses her fingers as the DJ announces in first place the other couple leaving them as the grand prize winner. Screaming in joy, Genesis begins crying as Nick smiles and hugs her tightly as Nadia rushes on stage to hug her friend as well.

Brian, Kevin, A.J. and Howie cheer out proudly as they too run up to the stage and stage and surround the winning couple with congrats and hugs. Wiping away her tears Genesis laughs and hugs them all glancing at Nick. “Thank you. Thank you for doing this for me. I never won this competition before but you made it possible to dream again Nick. Thank you.”

Nick simply nods, dumbfounded with words as he smiles: “You’re welcome. I’m sure you’re partner would have done the same.”

Genesis nods and smiles as Kevin pats Nick on the back excited that he won. A.J. cheers and picks Genesis up, twirling her around as he gives Nick a thumbs up sign.

“Dude you killed it out there. Though that falling bit, didn’t work on the judges man.” A.J. smirks as Nick laughs, the joy of celebration filling the air.

Brian comes up to them and pulls both Nick and Genesis into a bear hug. “You guys rocked.”

“Thanks” They both respond as A.J. and Skyla jump off the stage and look over at them smiling. Kevin and Kristen who eagerly hugs them both get off stage and begin to join the others as Howie and Angela give the winning couple a hug and a huge congrats.

“You did your thing out there Nick. Look at that. You really can dance.” Howie smiles getting a giggle out of Genesis.

“Miracles are possible.” Angela smiles, brushing back a lock of her honeysuckle lock, her bright bluish green eyes sparkle excitedly.

Genesis nods, laughing: “They sure are.”

“Hey…” Nick smiles, taking Genesis by the hand.

Smiling, Brian gets off the stage along with Howie and Angela as the Genesis turns to Nick wrapping her arms his neck. “You’re my miracle.”

Nick smirks, “Not bad huh?”

“Not bad at all.” She whispers happily as “Time of My Life” begins playing in the background.

Smirking, Genesis pulls away as Nick extends his hand to her: “Can I have this last dance?”

“Certainly.” She grins, taking his hand as he spins her to him and both leap off the stage dancing with each other. A.J. and Skyla laugh as they stand next to the winning couple dancing along them as others surround them. Brian watches Kevin and Kristen take the floor besides Nick and Genesis as Howie and Angela dance along with them. Brian smirks and watches as a young fair headed blue eyed girl smirks stepping up to him. “Mind if we dance?”

Brian smiles: “Sure.” And takes her hand leading her to the others as they all dance to the song.
~*~

Sighing, he zips up his suitcase and exits the shared room in the cabin, looking around in the bright early sunny morning.

“Nick you ready man?” A.J. asks, gathering his own suitcase and back pack.

“Ummm yeah.” He sighs, tugging on his dark blue tank top, the sweltering late summer heat bearing down on them all as he steps out of the front threshold.

Angela eyes Nick from the SUV and pokes her head out of the vehicle. “Hey sad faces getting in this car do you hear me? You just won a few hours ago, don’t be all sad.”

Nick smirks, putting on his back pack as he picks up his suitcase and boards the SUV. Howie snickers from inside the SUV sitting in the driver’s seat as Angela sits besides him in the passenger seat. Behind them, Kevin stuffed with luggage seemed almost buried in it as Kristen giggles and moves aside an over stuffed leather suitcase.

“There we go, we see your face now.” She teases him, her soft flaxen locks tickle his chin as he sits up and laughs. Brian snickers and pulls out a picture of his wife and son: “Hehe baby I’m coming home.”

A.J. snorts as he locks the cabin and gets in the SUV along with Skyla who promised to get him good seats on the place heading back to Florida. Nick looks around and smiles: “Well we’re all set. Let’s go then.”

Howie nods and waves one last time at the cabin. “Till next summer guys say bye to the cabin.”

“BYE!!” They all shout out waving and laughing as Howie snickers, pulling the rented vehicle out of the driving lot and taking them to the airport.

Nick watches the roads and trees besides him sped past him, pressing his forehead against the cool window. Feeling a hand on him, he sees Angela gazing at him.

“I’m coming to the conclusion that after last night’s dance you guys made a decision right?”

Nick nods: “Yeah.” He breaths out, his eyes glued to the passing road besides him.

“Oh. Ok well she’s fine with it right?” Angela asks curiously, shifting in her seat while the others break into their small conversations.

“Yeah. It was mutual. It was decided what was best for the both of us.”

“Ah and judging by the way you’re acting she isn’t going with you huh?” Angela remarks, gazing at him.

Nick bites his lip, breathing out: “Uh yeah…”

“Ohh sorry.”

“It’s ok…” Nick shrugs his shoulders leaning back in his seat as Howie drives them to the airport.
~*~

“So you heading out to say bye to him?” Nadia knocks on the closed bathroom door. Genesis gazes silently at the sink, wiping away a stray tear as she sniffs and fixes herself. “Yeah. I’ll be out in a few. I’m fixing my hair.”

“K. Well I have appointment I can’t miss but tell the guys I said bye and I’ll miss them.” Nadia states, hurrying out of the house.

Sighing, Genesis slowly opens the bathroom door and slips out, rushing to get her car keys and exits the house, slipping in her car and pulls away to head out to the airport. She sighs, recalling last night’s conversation with Nick as they had exit the club as winners:

“You know…I leave in a few hours…” Nick whispers, gazing at her as they walk to her car alone in the dark. The cool night breeze filters and brushes down on them as the reached her car.

“I know. And Nick, I think its time to make a decision. I decided it would be best that I stay here for the moment. I need to start setting the dance program and hire recruits for the job. I’ll be busy for the next few weeks setting things up and its important I’m here to prepare it.” She gulps, each word was like a knife digging deeper into her heart as she chokes out the words to him. Gazing at him worriedly, she could see the hurt lying deep in his eyes as he nods.

“You’re right. I was going to tell you it would be good for you to stay here and start things up. I don’t wanna drag you anywhere when your dreams are coming true.” Nick whispers sadly.

“I wish you could stay. But you have a separate life and I have no right to take that from you.” She whispers out painfully.

Nick cups her face and brushes his lips to hers. “Why can’t I keep you?”

Genesis smiles sadly: “Cause you shouldn’t keep something, but let it come to you.”

She blinks away the memory as she sees the exit to the airport and parks, quickly getting out to find the gate the group was boarding.
~*~

He gazes out the window watching a plane take off, as his eyes scroll over to Genesis sitting besides him. “This is gonna suck getting on a plane knowing I’m leaving my heart back here with you.”

Genesis sniffs and blinks away her tears as she sits up: “Oh stop that. You don’t even know me to see you care for me. Its only been two weeks.”

“That’s all I needed to find love.” Nick whispers out to her, his locked on hers as he runs a hand down her thigh.

Genesis gulps as the airport intercom in a woman’s computerized voice states clearly that the flight to Orlando Florida is now boarding.

Brian smiles sadly as he hugs Genesis: “Hey we’ll come back. And don’t you lose touch with us. You’re a miracle worker in my eyes.”

Genesis giggles sadly, waving bye as Brian walks through the gate heading to board the plane. Kristen and Kevin whisper to each other as they both hug Genesis and wave bye to her, heading off to catch up with Brian.

Howie and Angela smile each hugging Genesis and congratulating her on her win last night.

“Thanks. Nick helped.”

“Well yeah but you made him look good.” Howie teases, eyeing Nick knowing that saying goodbye would hurt him so bad.

Angela kisses her cheek and heads to the gate along with Howie both waving bye to her as they head off.

A.J. hugs Genesis tightly and sighs: “You know changed Nick right? He’s a different person since he met you. I wished you guys could have found a better way to stay together. He needs you more than you know.”

“I want to. Maybe if its meant to be it’ll happen. But this is the way its gonna be for the moment.” Genesis whispers out as he heads off the gate.

Skyla rushes up to A.J. and smiles: “You know…ummm…I live in Florida. I’m up here for business. But I’ll be back down there in a week. Maybe we can meet up.”

A.J. smiles, nodding his head: “I like that idea.”

“Well good. Here’s my number. Call me…anytime.” Skyla smiles, her glittering green eyes shine brightly off her ivory complexion.

“I sure will. How about in five minutes when I board the plane?” He smirks as Skyla laughs.

“Ok.” She giggles waving bye to him as he joins the others.

Genesis gulps gazing at the tiled floor as Nick takes her hand: “I’m gonna go now and don’t you cry ok.” He whispers. “You have my number, don’t forget to use it.”

“Same with you.” She whispers out, sniffing sadly as she wipes a tear away from her cheek.

Nick nods: “Yeah…”

The loud speaker goes off again announcing last call for the flight.

“Nick you should you go before you miss your flight.” Genesis whispers out fighting her emotions to stay strong.

Nodding, Nick kisses her cheek and hugs her tightly as he steps away, walking backwards to gaze at her and then turns around entering the gate and boarding his flight. Genesis watches him until he was out of her view and she slumps in the waiting area, gripping the arms of the seat tightly as her tears spill down quietly. She gulps as stays like that for the next couple of minutes as she turns to gaze out to the window to see the plane take off. “Goodbye Nick.” She cries out softly, gazing at the window, her heart torn from her soul and body. She was broken in spirit as if his presence was needed for her survival.

“God Nick, Nadia was right…I fell in love with a stranger.” She whispers and sighs.

Sniffing softly, she composes herself and gets off the seat ready to head out when she sees a shadow approaching. Shrugging her shoulders, she takes a step and stops when the figure steps out of the hallway. Gasping, she covers her mouth as tears brink the edges of her eyes. “Nick! But…but…what happened?”

“I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t leave the one person that made a difference in my life behind.” Nick whispers out, biting his lower lip as Genesis runs to him to embrace him.

“But…what about your life down in Florida?”

“My life is here with you Gen. Besides what the hell am I gonna down there if all I’m gonna keep thinking about is you right?” Nick smirks, holding her in his arms tightly as she laughs.

“I can’t believe this. You’re amazing.” She giggles, pulling away as she holds his hands.

“Eh, what can I say I’m nice like that.”

Genesis smiles as they run out of the airport, their future remaining unknown their destiny unfolding before them both.
~**~
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2160