When Storms Come by KissTheRainGirl12489
Summary: AJ McLean and Mercedez Gavely are engaged.When they get into an argument,Mercedez storms out and tragedy strikes.Mercedez falls into a coma putting seven year old Ashlyn Gavely in his care by law.Years begin to pass and Mercedez still lies dormat.Some say things can only get worse before it gets better.Will anything ever go right?Will anything ever get better?Will Mercedez ever wake?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 3333 Read: 10406 Published: 05/06/04 Updated: 05/27/04

1. WSC 1 by KissTheRainGirl12489

2. WSC 2 by KissTheRainGirl12489

3. WSC 3 by KissTheRainGirl12489

4. WSC 4 by KissTheRainGirl12489

5. WSC 5 by KissTheRainGirl12489

6. WSC 6 by KissTheRainGirl12489

7. WSC 7 by KissTheRainGirl12489

WSC 1 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: Enjoy and drop a review.Would be greatly appreciated =).

~^Chapter One^~

"Mercedez,stop being so difficult please." AJ McLean growled frustrated as he plopped on the couch.Dropping his head in his head,the little girl that sat next to him starred silently from him to her mother.She finaly sighed and walked over to her mother.

"What is-"

"Mom,I'm tired." Seven year old Ashlyn Gavely said tugging on her shirt.Mercedez smiled gently.

"Baby,you can go ly down." Mercedez said ruffling the little girls hair.Ashlyn smiled and disappeared behind the the bed room door.Mercedez's smile faded as the tension grew and she turned back to AJ.

"What's wrong with you?If me and my dauhter don't want to move in with you,we don't have to." Mercedez said sighing.She ran a hand through her raven black hair and her ocean blue eyes directed their intense gaze toward the window.She crossed her arms.

"I'm supposed to take care of you" AJ said standing up from the couch.Walking over he placed his hand on her arms.

"Look baby," he said softly,"I love you and I always fear something is gonna happen to you here."

Mercedz looked at him with a dumbfounded look and soon laughed cruely.Backing up she shook her head grinning harshly.

"Alexander,you act like nothing can happen to me in your home.You act like it's safer than this apartment.Now tell me if you were a thief,where would you break into.An apartment or mansion?The answer's pretty clear *Alex*." she snapped spitting out his name like it was distasteful.Her eyes were clouded and narrowed in anger.

"A thief can break into this apartment too Mercedez!" he groaned.She was purposely being difficult he thought bitterly to himself.

Mercedez fingered with the big diamond encrested ring on her finger.Her engagement ring.Maybe I need to rethink things over she thought harshly.

Looking up she shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay and so?" Mercedez mumbled.

"Do you even care about Ashlyn's childhood Mercedez?" AJ asked pointing his finger toward the closed door.Mercedez's blue eyes flashed with intense anger as her English accent was clear.

"How dare you say that!Obviously you don't know me that well enough to get married!You know I'd die for Ashlyn!" she snapped at him.Snagging her purse off the coffee table she swung open the door and slammed it shut.AJ darted after her out the door.

"Mercedez!" he called as she stepped out onto the sidewalk.He pushed open the doors and stopped just as he saw her body roll over the hood of a car,do a small flip and connect with the hard pavement of the street.There were various screams and whispers.

"Someone call an ambulance dammit!" AJ yelled racing toward her in the street.A crowd was starting to form around them.

Falling to his knees,he placed her head gently in his lap.

"Mercedez..." he whispered gapping.Looking up to the sky he could feel his insides scream to God.

Familar sirens pierced through the air and there was a rush or paramedics which pushed through the crowd.Carefully with the help of AJ, they placed her on a stretcher after checking vital points and wheeled her quickly into an ambulance.Climbing in AJ looked down at her as she starred with slitted eyes.Grasping her hand he smiled gently with tears glittering his his deep brown eyes.

"I'm here baby,I'm here..."
WSC 2 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: Thanks to SAA,sweet 18 and somebody else?I'm really sorry.Bad with name memorization.Really really sorry.I'll try to do better next time.

A/N2: Most feedback I've gotten on a story here and I am very happy.Um,and Sweet Angelic Angel,if you wanna email me and tell me what you mean you can do that.I don't wanna sound offensive but I don't understand.It's good that it was constructive n stuff.I'm glad you didn't come right out and said it sucked so I'm happy with that =).

A/N3: The beginning of this chap is alittle boring-I gotta be honest but I promise you'll see more emotion toward the end.

~^Chapter Two^~

The doctor wisped through the corridors of the waiting room and AJ's head snapped up quickly.He stood quickly to acknowlegde the doctor.

"AJ McLean."

"Yes.Im as I said earlier am Doctor Andrew Reeves.I am Mercedez Gavely's doctor."

"Nice to meet you.Now how is Mercedez doing?" AJ asked rubbing the back if his neck nervously swallowing hard.

"Maybe we should go to my office and discuss this." Mr.Reeves suggested smiling breifly.He motioned to go through the corridors to his office.

AJ walked reluntantly behind him through the corridors.

The reached his office several seconds later and entered.

"Seat?" Dr.Reeves suggested.AJ shook his head.The doctor nodded.

Sitting down behind his desk he sighed.

"I will put this as simple as possible.Mercedez is in a coma and it is unsure when she will wake." he said lenaing over his desk as he removed his glasses rubbing his face,"I'm sorry.We did all we could.Now it is up to God."

"Oh..." AJ mumbled.He ran a hand through his brown spikes and stood up.Standing up he shook the doctor's hand,"Well I'm just gonna go."

It still didn't seem to dawn on him.

~^~

"Hey Ashlyn." AJ said softly as Ashlyn opened her blue eyes and sat up.A slow smile spread across her tanned face.

"Hey AJ, where's mom?"

"Go back to sleep Ashlyn." AJ smiled fakely.She layed back down and closed her eyes.He stood up and made his way slowly to the door.Ashlyn's eyes popped back open and she sat up again.

"AJ."

AJ spun around.She sounded just like her mother with her English accent.She resembled her too with the ocean blue eyes and black raven hair which gently graced her slim shoulders.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Go back to sleep." he said and walked out closing the door and leaving before she could say anything.

Slowly walking toward the wall he leaned against it.Grasping his hair he slid down sobbing.His eyes closed and tears begin to fall down his face.He covered his face with his hands.

"Oh God...please don't take her." he mumbled,"Please don't kill my girl."
WSC 3 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: Thanxs R&R's!

~^Chapter Three^~

"Ashlyn hon,wake up." AJ said shaking her lighty,"Time for school."She stirred slightly.

"Mom?"

He sighed swallowing hard.

"No...it's AJ." AJ said sadly.He sighed as she sat up rubbing her eyes with tiny fists.She looked at him and her shoulders dropped.

"Do you know where mommy is AJ?" Ashlyn asked sleepishly.He stood up clearing his throat.

"Um get ready for school." he mumbled and walked out quickly to the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen,he looked around sighing.He saw where the bar like counter sat in the middle of the kitchen.

Walking over,he opened the refrigerator and peeked in.His eyes scanned over the few items that sat on the shelves.

Some eggs,pre-cooked bacon,two percent milk,orange and grape juice,pre-packaged salad and a couple of packages of smoked sliced turkey.

He decided to just ask her what she preferred rather than kill himself over what she wanted.He cursed himself silently for not paying much attention to what Mercedez would normally give to her.

Ashlyn walked in to the kitchen and slid on a stool.Her hair was pulled neatly into a ponytail and she wore a plan navy blue sweater which was a "v neck" and a dark green shirt.She had a plaid knee high skirt on and some black socks.Her black shoes ly near the door.

"AJ,where's my mom?" she asked.Her eyes became glassy as she blinked.AJ closed his eyes and sat down on a stool.Ashlyn looked down at the counter.

He rubbed his hand over his face and looked back at her.

"Ashlyn,do you know what a coma is?" AJ asked.Ashlyn looked up and nodded.He sighed softly.

"She's in a coma.Some one hit her with a car.I am gonna try an become your legal guardian until she wakes." AJ said softly.

"Oh." Ashlyn mumbled.She swallowed and looked out the window with tears glistening in her eyes.

"Was it about us moving in with you again?" she asked swallowing hard again to keep the tears down.

AJ ran a hand through his spikes and looked away from her.

"Yeah.Yeah it was." he admitted.She nodded and slumped back in her chair roughly wiping a tear from her face.

"Want some breakfast?" AJ asked nervously biting his lip.

"No,"she said softly,"I just want to go to school."


A/N: I know that in some hospitals or possibly all they will not give information out to nobody but the family but bear with me on this please.I don't go to hospitals very often for friends since I never have any friends go into hospitals.Thanks =) and take the hint below...
WSC 4 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: Sorry bout the long wait.Hope you like this chapter.I had doubts on posting this but you guys have been awsome and told the truth about most chaps.I need very honest opinions on this.


~^Chapter Four^~

"Ashlyn,I'm not going to argue with you."

"Then don't." she mumbled lying down on her bed.She buried her face in her baby blue pillow.

"'Cuse me?" AJ asked raising his brow.She was really starting to make him angry.He heard a soft "shutup" and "you heard me" escape from her lips.Then there was silence.For seven minutes they satyed in silnce.AJ broke the silence.

"Ash-" AJ started loudly but then he was abruptly cut off when Ashlyn sat staright up with fire burning in her sharp blue eyes.Her accent came out clear.

"WHAT!What do you want now!You want me ta meet yur stupid bandmates!I don't want to meet them.They've come ovar here b'fore and I never talked to them!Why don't you understand I don't want ta meet 'em!" she snapped her hair falling loosely in her flushed face.Before she layed down she added one last comment that stabbed AJ painfully.

"Besides," she said quietly;Still heaving,"I hate boybands anywayz."

AJ knew he shouldn't take it too deep.He knew that she was only saying it out of anger.He knew that she didn't mean that.She was just tired of talking to people.The press were worse than her,right?

At the young age of nine,having lost your mother to a coma for three years was hard.Ashlyn never talked much and that resulted in her being constantly picked on infront of him too.The kids were without mercy.

"Ashlyn,I really don't appreciate you calling the boy *group* I'm in stupid.Kinda hurts." AJ admitted to her.She looked up at him with eyes void of emotion.Then her face fell.Light black circles engulfed her blue eyes.Her black hair that used to have curl was straight and it hung tangled over her shoulders.

"Oh *dad*," she hissed,"I wonder if mom felt that much pain when she was killed three years ago."

That was the lowest blow AJ could even imagine had been given in his life time beside his girlfriend dying at the tender age of thirteen.Grabbing her slim shoulders he shook her hard as tears welled up in here sad eyes.

"What's wrong with you Ashlyn!What the hell is wrong with you!" AJ yelled and tears begin to fall lightly down her ashen face," I didn't kill her!She's not dead Ashlyn!She's not dead!"

"Then what iz she!"Ashlyn screaming breaking AJ's hold on her.She raced across the room and stood against a wall,"What else iz she cause if she were alive,she'd be talking with us right now!But is she here-NO!Iz she talking with us-No!She'z lying dead in a hospitol bed and you and yur false hope iz...iz...I don't know.She'z already dead.There'z nothing left to kill!"

Racing over to her he slammed the slightly tall nine year old against the wall as his fist balled her shirt.His breathing was in quick pants and his face was flushed with anger and sorrow.

Tears streamed loosely down her face from her red eyes and she starred at him without fear.She was done being scared.She was done trying.She *knew* she would never get anywhere.And it didn't matter to her how many times AJ reminded her he loved her.Her heart was stale and cold toward him and her eyes bore into him like ice.

"What are you going to do?" she whispered with a piercing tone,"Kill me too?"

AJ backed off slowly.Walking out of her room,he slammed the door and it echoed throughout the house.There was a moment of silence and then came another slam.Ashlyn knew that was his door.Sliding down the wakk she sobbed and covered her face melting down to the floor.AJ followed her lead in his room.

A/N:Hope ya liked it.Take the hint below.
WSC 5 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: I promise one of these days I will update the fallen for you dancingpart03.Crap.I'm sorry.I am really bad with names.You know who yo are.I love you so much since you're reviewing every chap so far =).

A/N2: I decided that you guys might want another chap so this is gonna be kinda short but it'll still be cool aiight?Aiight.

~^Chapter Five^~

Ashlyn awoke promptly when she heard the door slam loudly down stairs.Ashlyn jumped up to see the window and pushed the curtain away to see him and the Escalade.She watched AJ speed out of the yard as she heard his wheels skid against the concrete.Ashlyn turned and the curtain fell back in place.Ashlyn walked down the stairs and peeked curiously in the refrigerator.Sniffing alittle,she put a few slices of cheese pizza in the microwave then watched intently as the pizza warmed.

~^~

His right hand clutched the steering wheel as his left hand tapped the seat repeadly.The blasting rock/rap blared through the tented windows of his white Escalade.

He bit down on his lip as he came to a stop at a red light.Running a hand through his brown spikes he swallowed hard.

"Stupid girl," he hissed through clenched teeth.He slammed a fist on the dashboard and smashed on the gas just as the light turned green.The tires screamed out against the fierce friction as AJ saw the familar hospital coming into view behind the trees.

He quickly steered the SUV into a parking spot and flipped open his leopard skin cell phone.Dialing a number,he listened intently to the rings and grew desperate when no answer was given. He tried several times again but recieved no answer.Stuffing the cell in his pocket he walked inside quickly.
WSC 6 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: Sorry...

~^Chapter Six^~

Ashlyn bit into the hot pizza and placed it down as she chewed slowly.She knew that she should hurry up and go to bed for she had school tommorrow but she was on the border of not caring how she lived her life or when it ended.After all,AJ would probably do her like he did her mom.Flat out kill her if he didnt agree with something.

Taking a swig of her soda she flipped on the television.She sighed heavily as the news flashed across the screen.Fliping through the channels,she decided that eating with the tv off was a much better choice than watching it out of pure boredom.

Biting into her pizza again she absorbed the tense silence that came from all around her tense body.Crickets and Cicadas chirped loudly outside the window.

Her thoughts went back to AJ.She knew wherev he went.He went to go talk to Mercedez about her.About why he even adopted her.Choking back a sob she chewed her pizza and buried her face in his arms.Tears streamed down her bare arms and splattered quietly against the table as her soft sobs were all that comforted her.

~^~

"Just push the little red button when you're done and I'll come and let you out." the nurse said smiling siftly.Aj flashed a smile and nodded softly.She left abruptly and she turned his attention to the limp body lying motionless in the bed.Her skin was still an olive complexion and her hair ly gently on her shoulders.He could tell it had grown some between his last vist which was a month ago.

"Mercedez," he said taking her hand in his,"I think I've made some mistakes.Terrible mistakes."

TBC...

A/N: Aren't you proud of me for updating after all those centries of waiting.Leave a review if you are and I know you all are.*sigh*
WSC 7 by KissTheRainGirl12489
A/N: R/R thanxs.Especially to you dancinpacer03 =).

~^Chapter Seven^~

He could tell she had been crying.The trail of where the tears had fallen were still fresh to his view.Talking to Mercedez had done some good but then it just made him angrier at Ashlyn more since she blamed the whole accident on him.

He sighed turning off the kitchen light.Picking her up gently he begn to carry her listlessy up the long winding stair case.

~^~

He had thought long and hard about it.About just sitting there watching her sleep with her face full of inocence.The long raven hair.The beautiful blue eyes.The sharp nose.Everything was beautiful. Just like her mother Mercedez.

He shook his head as he turned on the shower to warm up some water.Grabbing a tee shirt and some clean boxers he walked grudgely into the marble floored bathroom.

~^~

As the steaming water hit his skin his thoughts raced through his mind.

' I have a tour in a couple months.' he sighed at that then ran a hand through the wet brown rings that fell loosely in his tanned face.

'What am I gonna do with her?Take her with me?' He shook his head laughing cruely.

"Um...oh hell no." he mumbled as he begin to lather the blue soft soap into his skin.

He absorbed the soft scent of colounge in the soap and then let a slow breath of air escape his chapped lips.

After rinsing off,he stepped from the shower and grabbed a towel.Summer vacation for her was in a week.The finals she would take would have been already done so he could take her.But would he really want to be with her 24-7 listening to her stupid annoying voice tell him how *he* killed her mom.

"Dumb bitch....just like her mom." he mumbled.He coughed gently and slipped into his night atire. Throwing the towel in a brown weaved basket he stepped out and flipped the light as he went. Sliding into bed he starred at the ceiling.Sighing he turned on his side and starred at the dark wall until sleep engulfed him in her arms.


TBC...
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2447