Lowering ourselves by Lauren
Summary: When Layla looses her job at Rolling stone and has to write for the tabloids she discovers more than trashy gossip.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 401 Read: 793 Published: 05/31/04 Updated: 05/31/04

1. Like a Rolling Stone by Lauren

Like a Rolling Stone by Lauren
My writing has taken a dangerous turn and suddenly I have no where else to go in my life but this idiodic rag of a magazine where the most "in depth" coverage we get is stalking some B-list celebrity from outside of some B-list clothing store. How did I get to this point? Everything started out compartivly well. I graduated at the top of my class, went to four years at a great journalism school,got a job at Rolling Stone Magazine and suddenly POOF, GONE ,FINITO!



"Did you listen to Madonna's new CD yet?" Johnny looked drawn and tired which I suppose one would expect. His job had to have been stressful. He was the boss,the big guy at Rolling Stone magazine up until late last year.
"yeah,I thought it sucked" I said not looking up from my lap top where as luck would have it I was busy writing the scathing review at that moment.
"your not actually writing that are you?"
"and why wouldn't I?"
"Well she's Madonna Layla we have a great relationship with her. We can't jepordize her not doing the cover next month."
I was shocked and appalled. This is Rolling Stone magazine! We are the magazine that hated every album that Led Zepplen ever put out! We were bruttily honest and prided ourselves on that one fact and now this man,the head of the worlds most famous and prestigious music magazine wanted me to write a puff piece so that Madonna would do her one millionith cover for us.
No absolutly not, I will not lower myself to ass kissing, I will not give up my integrity as a writer, I will hold my ground and I told Johnny as much with my head held high.
And he told me to clean out my desk with his head held equally high...damnit!

So here I am 25 yeard old and where is that integrity now you ask? I think it's somewhere in Canada by now. You see I am postitive it hopped a bus when I took the job at The Eye.
You probably never heard of The Eye and with good reason. They are an up and coming trashy celebrity magazine based on the National Enquirer and Star...basically its the same thing as those but "new and improved"...yeah right.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2530