Darkness of Vampires by Purpura Lipstick
Past Featured StorySummary: Some people can't wait to die, others wish more than anything to live.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Alternate Universe, Horror, Romance, Supernatural, Suspense
Warnings: Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: Darkness of Vampires
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 16487 Read: 31216 Published: 07/01/04 Updated: 10/03/06

1. Chapter 1 by Purpura Lipstick

2. Chapter 2 by Purpura Lipstick

3. Chapter 3 by Purpura Lipstick

4. Chapter 4 by Purpura Lipstick

5. Chapter 5 by Purpura Lipstick

6. Chapter 6 by Purpura Lipstick

7. Chapter 7 by Purpura Lipstick

8. Chapter 8 by Purpura Lipstick

9. Chapter 9 by Purpura Lipstick

10. Chapter 10 by Purpura Lipstick

11. Chapter 11 by Purpura Lipstick

12. Chapter 12 by Purpura Lipstick

13. Chapter 13 by Purpura Lipstick

14. Chapter 14 by Purpura Lipstick

15. Chapter 15 by Purpura Lipstick

16. Epilogue by Purpura Lipstick

Chapter 1 by Purpura Lipstick
“April, hurry up and get out this door, you don’t want to be late for your interview,” May called to her twin sister. Only three weeks ago, both girls were full of hopes and dreams of what Orlando would bring them. Of course, they were both sad to be leaving their home state, Texas, but they felt that in order to grow and move on, they needed to start their lives elsewhere.

May looked around their barely furnished apartment and sighed, the more and more interviews they went on, the more and more it seemed as if they were going to have to end up working at McDonald’s just to pay the bills. She had interviewed at banks, credit unions, shopping centers, offices and what seemed like a million other places. Everyone kept saying she was not experienced enough, or too inexperienced. Both she and her sister graduated from Texas A&M with degrees in business and one day hoped to open their own place, but now they would settle for something that paid.

“Thanks hun,” April called to her sister as she grabbed the keys and bolted out the door to her interview.

“Where are you interviewing today?” May called after her.

“Some club, I think it’s called Tabu or something.” She waved to her sister, got in the car and sped away.

Feeling lucky, she was only stopped by one light on the way over, April flung open the door to the club. The inside was amazing, unlike any club she ever saw in Texas. She slowly walked along the bar, feeling the wood beneath her touch. She moved towards the one person she saw sitting in the room.

“Um, excuse me.” She squeaked out.

The man turned around and looked at April. His hair was a dark brown color, cut to look short, spiky and unmanaged. He smiled broadly at her and stood to greet her. He did not seem as tall as April did, but his face was kind and April took an instant liking to him.

“Hi, my name is April Campbell and I’m here about the help wanted ad I saw in the paper.” She smiled at the man and extended her hand.

The man took her hand and shook it. “Hello April, my name is Howard Dorough, but I would feel more comfortable if you just called me Howie and not Mr. Dorough.

He directed her towards a chair and sat down across from her. “So, April, tell me a little about yourself.”

April dove into her usual speech about where she was born, grew up, and her schooling. She went into a little about her sister and some of the stuff they accomplished together. Howie simply nodded his head as she talked.

When she finished talking he fired some questions at her ranging from ‘what if’ questions to questions about the type of job she would be doing and the type of experience she had with that.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they finished talking and decided it was time to end the interview.

“Well April, I can say it was definitely a pleasure to meet you.” Howie smiled at her.

April nodded her head and agreed with him. “It was nice to meet you too.”

“Hey Howie!” a voice rang out from behind her. She turned to see a tall blond man enter the room. When he saw her, he smirked, moving his eyes over the curve of her body. He watched as she turned her attention back to Howie, slowly his tongue flicked out and licked his lips.

“Well I think it’s time I get going.” She smiled again and Howie. “Thank you for you time and for the interview.”

“It was my pleasure April, I will be in contact with you soon either way.” Howie replied.

April turned to leave and noticed Nick still eyeing her. “April,” she said holding out her hand.

He grabbed her hand and brought it to his mouth gently laying a kiss on the back of her hand. “Nice to meet you, my name is Nick.”

April’s cheeks felt hot and she knew she was blushing. “Thank you Nick,” She took her hand back from him and said her good-byes, again, and then made her way out the door, smitten with the soft kiss she received.
*****

Nick watched April drive away smacking his lips. The taste of her skin remained on his lips. She smelled and tasted like raspberries, a taste he was unable to know for the last thousand years. Her dazzling green eyes remained emblazoned in his brain, every time he closed his own eyes the image of hers appeared.

“It’s best that you forget her,” Howie’s voice wafted through his ears.

Nick shook his head.

Quickly Howie was at Nick’s side, head leaning against his arm, arms enveloping him and pulling him tight. “Mortal woman will never understand you my love.” He paused watching the darkening horizon, “Besides, you know the rules about avoiding the help, and that young girl is going to become part of the help.”

A small smile crept on Nick’s lips he would see her again.

“You can’t touch the help Nick, you know that.” Howie said sensing his thoughts. “But she does have a twin sister.”

Nick looked down into the older man’s eyes. “A twin?” His slight smile became wider as he leaned forward and brushed his lips against Howies’. “How wonderful.”
*****

April left the club feeling confident that she would get a call with a job offer, sure, it was as a hostess, but it was something. She parked the car carefully in the lot and then made her way to the apartment. “May,” She called out.

May wandered out of her room. “How did it go?” She asked plopping on their futon couch.

“I feel good about this one; I think I may actually have scored a job.” April felt a sense of relief saying that, but she remembered not to get her hopes up too high, she thought she had the job as manager of a bookstore two weeks ago as well.

“Well if you get this job, I think we should celebrate with a nice, hot, delivered pizza. I am getting so sick of Ramon Noodles.” May and April both made a gagging face then laughed at each other.

“May this place is wonderful. The décor is so… oh I can’t think of the words for it, but you would love it.”

May smiled at her sister and then went into the kitchen to make some of their favorite, Ramon Noodles. “Hey I got a phone call today for an interview.”

April brightened up. “Really? Where?” She asked ecstatic for her sister.

“Some record company. I will only be answering phones and directing calls if I get it, but it will be better then any fast food joint.” May stared ahead wondering if she should mention to April the phone call she got from a mysterious man telling her of the opening at the company. His voice was soothing and after she got off the phone, she called the place and an interview was set up immediately, then May needed to take a nap.

The man’s voice came back to her as she slept, soothing her, calming her. She dreamt of a man she has never met before, his crystal blue eyes and soft brown hair. She did things in her dream, with the man that she never thought of doing before. She awoke only a few minutes before April arrived home, panting and sweating as if she really did those erotic things she dreamt about.

She shook her head and decided that it was best not to tell April. She didn’t want to worry her twin, besides, she decided, it really wasn’t anything worth worrying about it was only a dream.
Chapter 2 by Purpura Lipstick
His crystal blue eyes gazed at her from across the room. Slowly he advanced, watching her skin prickle with his every stride. She was watching him watching her. When he finally reached her, she stood and he pulled her closer and closer, he could not seem to pull her close enough. His hungry lips met hers and they kissed passionately.
Lips still locked together, he pulled her towards the table moving her onto the surface. In a matter of minutes both were sweaty and her desire grew with each additional minute. Her need for him continued to grow, she begged him to enter her, she wanted to feel him, she wanted, no needed, the feeling to intensify.

Instead of the feeling of ecstasy that she needed, a loud ringing came to her ears. No matter how hard she tried to ignore it, it would not go away; instead, it got louder and louder.

She finally sat up, the man no longer over here. She was sitting on her own bed, dressed in her own clothing, listening to the alarm clock at her bedside ringing that it was time to get up. May groaned loudly and slammed her hand down on the off button.

Dragging herself, she made her way to the shower letting the mixture of hot and cold water run over her, hoping that it would end the torment her body held over her from the dream. The man she dreamt about yesterday returned to her last night and she was confused. She had never met this person before, why was she having dreams, erotic dreams at that, about him.

She looked at herself in the mirror. Her black skirt fell just below the knee; her black pumps lifted her two extra inches giving her the appearance of being 5'7". The forest green shirt she chose to wear accented her green eyes making them look more green then usual. Her long brown hair she curled slightly on the ends. She nodded with approval and decided she needed to get going or she might be late.

Quickly she exited; she left a note for April saying where she was since she did not want to disturb her even to say good-bye.

The directions she was given to the building were damn good. She managed to find the place on the first try something she had difficulties usually doing. She made her way into the building and up to the front desk.

"Hi, my name is May Campbell and I have an interview scheduled for today."

The woman behind the counter looked up at her and smiled. "I see your name here. It is down the hall, the eighth door on your right. Good luck."

May started to wander down the hall, entranced by the intricate design of the carpet she did not notice the person walking straight at her in the other direction. In only a few seconds, she was on the floor looking up at the man she ran into. The second she saw him she could not help but smile, she was staring at the man she had been dreaming about for the last few days.

She finally managed to mutter, "Oh, um, hi, um I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going."

The man grinned back at her, his blue eyes twinkling. "Don't worry about it; I am sure it is my fault. I have a tendency not to watch where I am going down this hall. There is just something about the floor." His smirk was soft and reassuring.

May sat there staring at him for a bit before he jumped coming to his senses. "Where are my manners?" He reached down and held out his hand helping her back to her feet. "My name is Brian Littrell."

"Hello, my name is May Campbell and I would love to chat with you, but I am afraid I am going to be late for my interview." She blushed slightly under his stare as she made her way past him.

He watched her walk down the hall, her hips swaying slightly. Smiling to himself, he turned and continued down the hall; so far, his plan was working.

*****

May returned to the apartment with high hopes. The interviewers were nice and friendly, she felt confident that her interview had landed her a job answering phones at Jive records.

"April," May called out while walking through the door. "I think I finally found a job." She burst in noticing right away the smell of her favorite food, pizza wafting in the air. Realization struck her and she screeched as she saw a warm pizza on the table.

"April you got the job!" She yelled at her sister, who was standing in the kitchen pouring some drinks.

She nodded enthusiastically. "Yep, I got the call about a couple hours ago and thought I would surprise you with the pizza." April put down the sodas and turned to her sister allowing the hug to envelop her.

"It's finally happening," May smiled at her sister. "We are finally going to start making it on our own. I can feel it; our life is going to get much better from this point on."

*****

He stood on the balcony of the house staring into the direction of the apartment. A smirk played on his mouth, his tongue darting out moistening them with the thought of her.

His hard worked plans were starting to come through; everything was falling slowly into place. At the beginning, he had some difficulties he even had to threaten a few places of business. There was no way they could hire their girls, the girls they needed to survive.

"Master," a voice from behind called.

"Yes?" He questioned.

Nick walked into the moonlight. "Master, dinner has arrived."

Slowly he turned around to face the newest of his clan. "Excellent, please show them in." He grinned broadly at Nick showing his now present fangs. "I am famished."

"Yes Brian, my Lord." Nick bowed and waited until Brian passed before entering the house and making their way to the feast downstairs.
Chapter 3 by Purpura Lipstick
April finished her cereal and drank all the milk left in the bowl. Her eyes were skimming the want ads out of habit. As she finished up she put her bowl in the sink and headed towards the door, it was her first day at work and she did not want to be late. There was some party that night that she had to get there early for to set up. She invited her sister as Howie told her she should when she got the job, but her sister would not need to arrive until the party started.
She arrived and found the place bustling with movement. People were setting up decorations, tables and chairs were being placed around the room. April stood in the middle of the doorway unsure of what to do or where to go.

"You look lost," A voice behind her said.

She spun around coming face to face with the tall blond, Nick. "Hello," she stammered. "You startled me."

"I have that affect on women," He smiled at her. "I thought I would come and greet you. Howie told me you got the job and I offered to help you out on your first day."

"That's very kind of you Nick." She looked around behind him. "I am unsure what I am supposed to be doing now, as in clocking in and where to put my stuff."

"Ah yes, the first question every new employee has, 'Where do I put my coat?'" He held out his arm leading her in the direction towards the back room. "Right this way." He followed her as she walked towards the room.

April walked in noting the lack of anything in the employee room. "Boy they sure make this place homey." She chuckled uneasily.

"Howie says it's to keep the employees out of the backroom and out working where they should be." He nodded as if satisfied with that answer.

"Okay," April accepted that answer. She looked around the room, the walls were steel and the only decorations the room held were lockers, a table and a few chairs.

She looked back to Nick and shrugged at him, advancing towards a locker. "I can put my stuff in any of these?" she questioned.

"Sure, any that doesn't already have locks on them." He watched as she chose a locker at mid-level, locker number 438.

"I don't have a lock," April pouted a bit. "I don't want my stuff stolen."

"Don't worry about it; I think there are a few extra around here. Let me see if I can scrounge one up for you." He moved towards another door at the back of the room. He disappeared behind it for a couple of minutes then emerged holding a shiny silver lock. "Look, I told you we'd have one." He chuckled softly. "You know, employees leaving and forgetting their locks and all."

He handed the lock to April who immediately locked her locker. "What's next?" She asked.

"Well Howie would like you to help set up the decorations. He is hoping that fresh blood will help make the room look different." He smiled at her with what she considered an evil smirk. Something disturbed her in the way he said 'fresh blood'.

She watched as the other employees set up. Everything they did seemed routine and she figured Nick just meant someone new to the scene might liven things up a bit. She smiled at Nick and made her way over to one of the workers.

"Hello," she introduced herself to one of the people carrying a chair. "My name is April. What can I do to help?"

The woman pointed to the stack of chairs in the corner. "Just bring those out here and set them up around the tables."

April rolled up her sleeves and went to the group of chairs grabbing one, sometimes two at a time and placing them around the tables. After about an hour, all the tables were set up and the crew decided to take a brief break.

"So what's going on tonight?" April asked someone sitting close to her.

"Some kind of meeting, banquet thing. It's strange because Howie told us once we are done with all the set up he's letting us go home for the night but paying us for the rest of the time." The guy shrugged.

"That's nice of him." April commented.

"Yeah well I don't know how he expects to run anything if he lets all the help go home." The young man shrugged again and turned his head towards April. "My name is Steven."

"Nice to meet you Steven, my name is April."

The two chatted some more while they set up the tables to the specifications left by Howie. They discovered that they had many of the same interests, the same kind of music, the same movies and even the same sports teams.

The time flew by and Howie appeared on the stage addressing the workers. "I thank you all for your time and patience making this place look spectacular." He paused for applause and cheers from everyone. "Now, as I promised, you may all leave knowing you will be paid for a full night's work, plus a three hundred dollar bonus, each." Another round of cheers went up through the crowds.

April walked with the rest of the crowd towards the back where her purse was locked up. On the way, she overheard some of the employees talking. "Yeah he's a strange boss letting us all go, but I don't think any place would be better to work at."

The other person nodded her head in agreement and replied. "It's probably the safest place to work too, if you know what I mean."

The two girls laughed and walked off grabbing their coats and leaving.

April got into her locker and grabbed her purse heading towards the exit with everyone else. Nick suddenly appeared beside her.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked her playfully.

"I am leaving, like everyone else." She smiled.

"What makes you think you get to leave?" He asked smirking.

She looked at Nick confused. "Well I thought since Howie let everyone go for the night that included me as well."

Nick looked serious at her for a second and then broke down in a chuckle. "It means you can leave as well, I was just playin' with you."

Nick walked with April out to her car and then watched as she drove off. He would love it if she was allowed to stay for the meeting, but mortals were forbidden to be anywhere near Powerful One. A smile played on his lips as he thought of the day that both he and April would be able to stay and view the Powerful One. Hopefully, Brian's plan would steer the twin girls from their destiny and towards their cause instead.
Chapter 4 by Purpura Lipstick
May looked at her sister as she walked in the door. "What are you doing home so early?" Then she gasped, "They don't have you on as part-time do they?"
April shook her head. "Nah, Howie's really cool. He gave his entire staff the night off with pay, plus extra."

May grinned, "That is awesome, and I hope my boss is just as nice."

April stopped in her tracks, "Your boss? You got the job!" she shouted at her sister and hugged her tightly.

To celebrate the girls decided to rent a movie and order Chinese, something that was a common occurrence in Texas, this was the first time they were able to do it in Orlando.

They rented Interview with a Vampire since April loved Ann Rice and May loved Brad Pitt.

When the movie finished they headed to bed, eager and excited at both having jobs and starting on their path of independence.

*****

He had followed Howie around for over a thousand years. Given his immortality illegally, part of the meeting that night was to discuss whether or not he should be allowed to 'live'.

Took them long enough to discover me, he commented to himself.

He knew that if the vote had one more on the side to destroy him, he would be a goner. If that was the case he could expect to see them quickly, his last view before his death was completed. He knew Howie would be pulling for him and he was sure that Brian would see that he stayed around.

Time ticked on slowly, Nick's mind began to wander wondering what was being said in the meeting.

*****

"Now that the decision has been made about Nick, let us move on." Brian announced. "We have one more thing to discuss before, dinner."

His eyes trailed to the back of the club where thirty young, beautiful people stood trembling in a cage.

A smirk crossed his face, fangs starting to gleam. "Sorry," he apologized. "I am just a bit hungry."

A few of the captured whimpered slightly with Brian's words, others had already resigned themselves to their fate.

"Now, as I was saying, we have one more topic at hand." He motioned to the side of the stage a young man with spiked brown hair and a goatee walked out on stage carrying two blown up pictures.

"We have found those in the prophecy."

A gasp broke out in the crowd followed by whispers.

"Silence!" Brian shouted. He pointed to the pictures of the girls, the crowd finally became quiet. "Their names are April and May. As many of you recall it was said that twin girls bearing the sign of the Pisces will arrive around the time of the great feasting, the time in which the Powerful One will be renewed and the world will be run in darkness, and will be our playground again."

A cheer rose from the tables, the crying from the cage became slightly louder.

"These girls, as you know, are destined to destroy our creator."

Boos and hisses rose from the ranks, a few verbal insults followed.

Brian raised his hands to silence the crowd. "Howie and I have taken steps to help insure our victory in the end. Both girls hold jobs where we can keep an eye on them. I have already started the seduction of May, and now that we have decided Nick shall remain among us, his first test of faithfulness will be to seduce April."

Cheers rang out once again.

"We will do everything possible to make sure that our race is the ruling race at last." Brian grinned broadly showing his fangs fully extended. "Now let's honor the Powerful One and feast." His eyes fell back on the cage, screams echoed through the hall as his companions neared opening it and dispersing the people among themselves.

The young man on stage glanced at the pictures one last time, sought out his friend in the crowd and nodded.

*****

A small knock stirred him out of his trance. His fate had been decided and now it was time for him to find out. He slowly opened the door and found Howie's face on the other side.

"My love, you have been accepted."

Overjoyed Nick reached for Howie kissing him passionately.

Howie finally managed to break from the kiss. "But, my love, I have more news. Brian talked of the girls that will destroy our kind tonight."

Nick sighed and threw himself on the couch. "Must you ruin the moment with talk of this prophecy again?"

Howie looked at him solemnly. "Nick, the girls have appeared, I did not tell you before, but the girl we just hired at the club and her twin, they are the girls that we spoke of."

Nick's eyes widened. "That beautiful woman will be the end of our kind?"

Howie nodded.

"Why don't we just make them one of us, won't that solve it? They won't want to destroy their kin then right?"

Howie looked at Nick sternly. "Darling, transforming them against their will, will only make the prophecy occur sooner."

Nick nodded, "So we have reached our dark ages?"

Howie nodded in response taking a seat next to Nick. "I am just glad that I was able to keep you during this time."

Nick pulled Howie's head to his shoulder, running his hands through his hair carefully to calm him down.

"Brian has decided that you are to seduce April so that she might be turned towards our plight." Howie blurted out. "Now I must share you with a mortal woman."

In the dark Nick's eyes lighted, for some reason this woman stirred emotions in him that he had only felt for Howie before. He was delighted with his chance to play with this woman.
Chapter 5 by Purpura Lipstick
Another dream haunted her night. She now knew the face that she was dreaming about but she was confused as to why she was dreaming about him. She was dreaming about him before she met him, and even now, she knew very little about him but continued to dream of him.
Her shower that morning was colder then usual, something needed to revive her after that dream. Pulling on her skirt, she checked her face, she was more pale then usual. Quickly she found a shirt that brought out more color in her face and did her makeup so that she at least looked alive.

The drive was short and she made her way to the front desk quickly. "Hi, it's my first day, I'm not quite sure where I'm supposed to go."

The woman behind the desk looked up at her. She was about to answer when a voice behind May spoke up.

"I can show you."

May froze in her spot, almost scared to turn around. It was his voice, she knew it. A few times, he spoke in her dreams, his voice always melting her in his arms.

She turned herself slowly to face him, sure that her face was now bright red.

"Hello." She managed to say.

"Hi, remember me?" His smile brightened on his face making his eyes twinkle that much more.

"Yeah I met you at my interview." She nodded avoiding his eyes.

"Your name's May right?" He questioned watching her nod her head still avoiding his gaze. "Well May, follow me I'll show you where you need to be."

She followed the man from her dreams making sure to stay far enough behind him so that her urge to grab hold of him and hug him would be kept at bay.

"I believe this is your stop." He opened the door for May and watched as she walked through.

"May," He called after her, "I was wondering if you would like to go to lunch with me today?"

It was all she could do to keep her astonishment from showing. "Um, sure." She replied.

He grinned again and watched until she found her boss so her training could begin.

*****

April arrived at the club ready to tear down the tables and chairs they set up the night before. When she got there, the tables were in their usual spots and the chairs were as well. She shrugged to herself and went to the back to lock up her purse again.

She walked into the back room and stopped short. "Hello?"

"Hi," the man answered. "I thought I would introduce myself to you."

April held her purse tightly.

He stood and approached her. "My name is Alex." He held out his hand.

She looked him over, short spiky hair and an unusual goatee. "Um, hi, my name is April." She reached out and took his hand.

"I'm one of Howie's long time friends." He said while taking a seat. "Relax," He continued, "I'm not going to hurt you, wouldn't be good press for this place." He laughed softly.

April nodded, turning her back to him so that she could put her purse in her locker. She felt eyes on her and turned to face Alex again.

"Is that the only reason you are here?" She asked.

More quickly then she could ever imagine, Alex was at her side, arms wrapped around her waist pulling her tight. "I've come to warn you."

Startled, April stood speechless.

"Things are not what they appear around here. Those you feel you can trust you shouldn't, and those you think should not have your trust should." Alex whispered in her ear. "Be wary of men and cautious of women befriending you now."

April caught a glimpse of her face in the steel walls, she was pale, white with fear over Alex's comments.

"I… if that is true, then why should I trust your word?" She managed to stammer.

A noise from the club forced Alex to release his hold on her and take a few steps away from her. April turned quickly to the noise watching as Nick walked through the door.

"Hello, Alex." Nick greeted him carefully. "I wasn't expecting to see you here."

"Nick," Alex nodded at him. "I was just saying hello to the new employee."

"You know you have other things to be attending to."

Alex bowed slightly before moving through the room to the back exit and turning to smile once more at April he was gone.

Nick watched him go then turned his attention to April. "Hello." He said. "What did he say to you April?"

April shook her head and finally opened her locker. "He said hello and asked if I needed any help introducing myself to my fellow co-workers." She lied.

Nick looked her up and down and then decided that her answer was satisfactory. "What did you say?"

"I told him I have never had problems making friends." She smiled and faced Nick again. "So do you know where to find Howie or am I supposed to guess what it is I am to do tonight?"

Nick smirked at her, "Sure I know where he is, allow me to escort you." He held out his arm for her to take not noticing her look of shock cross her face.

She took his arm uneasily and let him lead her to where Howie was located, behind the stage. "You look very beautiful today." He said to her as he left her to receive her instructions for the day.
Chapter 6 by Purpura Lipstick
Seated in front of the fireplace, Nick stared intently at nothing particular. Howie sat in a chair behind him watching. He knew that Nick needed his concentration for what he was doing though it angered him that instead of making love with him he was instead forcing a girl to dream about him erotically.
Howie jumped as a yell of frustration arose from Nick's lips. "She is too strong for me. I can't break through."

"Can you see what she is dreaming about?" Howie asked hoping he could assist his lover in conquering this woman.

Nick shook his head, "I couldn't even get in enough to see that." He dropped his head in his hands. "Brian isn't going to be happy about this."

Howie moved to the couch with Nick and put his arms around him. "Shhh, darling he can't expect you to just jump right in and know what you are doing. You never learned to manipulate for our fear you would be discovered."

Nick nodded knowing that Howie spoke the truth. "How can I complete my mission if I cannot seduce her?"

Howie looked at Nick, "Have you considered you may not need to go through her dreams like Brian has chosen to do with May? Perhaps you just need to court her like you courted me so very long ago."

Nick looked into Howie's eyes and nodded. "Yes I will have to approach this task much like I approached bedding you for the first time, with the utmost care and attention."

Howie smiled warmly at Nick, leaning closer to him. "It has been long since we shared a bed."

A smirk crossed Nick's lips at Howie's implication. He moved closer pressing his lips against Howies. It did not take long until they were bonded in passion remembering their past together and relishing what would come in their future.

*****

Quick, but silent footsteps made their way towards Alex. He turned his head to face the man whom the steps belonged.

"I trust you were able to block the girls mind from the others."

Alex nodded his head. "I was."

The older man glanced at Alex. "We need those girls to fulfill their prophecy."

"I know Kevin, I know." He answered as the other sat down. "Did you bring it?"

Kevin nodded solemnly pulling out a cage filled with doves. Alex's eyes widened in hunger. "Just what I needed after that taxing ordeal of keeping Nick out of her mind." He reached in the cage and pulled out one of the animals. Fangs present he gripped the bird tightly before plunging his teeth into the bird taking his time sucking every drop of available blood.

Kevin nodded in satisfaction. "You approve?"

"They taste very fine indeed. Not as good as human but much better then rodent."

Kevin nodded in agreement. "True, but if all goes to plan we will not have to worry about drinking this disgusting liquid anymore to survive."

Alex nodded in agreement. "Have you made any progress with May?" He questioned Kevin.

A look of embarrassment crossed Kevin's face. He avoided Alex's eyes and moved to the other side of the room where it remained darkened. He sat in the darkness and blocked his thoughts and feelings from Alex. He should have known that it would not work; Alex could tell just by the way he acted.

"You haven't even tried yet have you?"

"You chose the easy one." Kevin complained. "I have to block and go against our sire." He dropped his head into his hands.

Alex was instantly at his side. "There is another way Kevin."

He looked up interested in Alex's words. "You woo her without manipulating her brain."

Kevin looked at Alex as if he was insane. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't you remember before you were like this?" He pointed to his still present fangs. "When you liked a girl, how did you pursue her, not by getting into her brain literally?"

Kevin sat thinking for what seemed like an hour before he spoke. "I cannot honestly remember." His eyes were full of fear as he looked at Alex.

"I am not mad or upset with you. It has been a long time for all of us attracting women without using the powers of this disease. Just make friends with her; I am sure that you will be able to befriend her that is all that is really necessary to sway her to our side."

Kevin looked at Alex, reassured by what he said. "Thanks, I needed that. You've always been a good friend to me, and the one thing I will miss when we destroy our clan is your friendship."

"I will miss you too Kevin, but we will be released from this poison. Hell has to be better then living this way." Alex looked towards the cage of birds his eyes landing on his recent dinner.
Chapter 7 by Purpura Lipstick
May looked around her tiny cubicle and sighed as she answered another phone call.

“Hello, thank you for calling Jive Records. My name is May, how may I direct your call?” She rolled her eyes at her robot like answer, but hey, it was money.

“Actually you are the one I was trying to get a hold of.” The voice on the other end answered.

“And how may I help you?” She replied her curiosity peaked.

“I was wondering how you enjoyed lunch yesterday and if you would like to join me again.” Brian asked.

Mays cheeks flushed as she finally recognized his voice. “Brian, what are you doing calling me at work? I could get in trouble.”

“Babe, trust me, you won’t get in trouble. Now about lunch.”

May looked around herself cautiously before she answered. “Of course, I would love to have lunch with you again.”

“Then I will stop by and get you at…?”

“Noon, I have a noon lunch today.”

“Then I will see you at noon today.”

May disconnected the line after they said their good-byes. She could not stop smiling as she answered the phones, answered questions and directed calls.

The final minutes until noon seemed to take forever to tick away. Eventually the clock reached noon and May glanced around for Brian, horrified that her phone rang once more. She smacked her head remembering that she needs to turn the phone off before going to lunch. She settled in her chair and answered what she hoped was a short call.

“Hello, thank you for calling Jive Records. My name is May, how may I direct your call?”

“May, you don’t know me yet, but please be careful at lunch.”

She stared at her computer screen in startled by the message. There was no time to reply, the other person hung up after they said what they needed. Quickly she turned off her phone, in case any more calls came through.

“Ready to go?”

May let out a small squeak and clasped her hands to her chest, slowly she turned around. “You scared me.” She smiled at Brian.

“I’m sorry; I do have a tendency to startle women though I don’t understand why.” He smiled innocently.

May let out an uneasy giggle then grabbed her purse. “Well let’s get going.”

They were almost out of the room when Brian asked her, “So who was that last phone call from, whoever was on the phone looked like they scared you too.”

May shook her head. “Just some call threatening one of the groups here. I was told I’d get them, but didn’t realize the second day at work I would get one.” She let out a small chuckle and looked down at her hands.

Brian watched May intently. How can a girl, who is uneasy around me, be the end of our clan? He thought to himself.

They walked to another café that Brian recommended. He pulled her chair out and she took her seat smiling sweetly. They sat in silence as they looked over the menu; May always had a hard time deciding what to eat for any meal.

Once they ordered, she sat looking at Brian not knowing what to say. They may have spent yesterday’s lunch together, but she still felt as if she had no idea who she was eating with.

“How is your job going?” He asked her once their drinks were brought out to them.

“I really like the other girls in the call center, but some of the people that call in are big pains.” She grimaced.

“For example?” He questioned.

“Well,” She started pausing briefly to allow the plates to be set in front of them. “There was this one call from this girl who sounded as if she was hysterical. She pleaded with me to give her Justin Timberlake’s phone number. Said it was a matter of life or death for her reputation.” She let out a small laugh. “I guess she told her friends that she knew Justin and could call him up and get him to hang out with them at some party.”

Brian smiled at her. “Did you give it to her?”

“No, and lose my job on the second day. I did tell her that she could have them call my direct line and I would answer like I was his personal assistant or something.”

“Did anyone call?”

May nodded her head, quickly finishing her bite of food that she had in her mouth. “They sure did call. I told them that Mr. Timberlake was busy for the next few months but if they gave me their names and addresses I would send each of them an autographed photo and complimentary CD.”

A laugh escaped Brian’s lips making May lose her train of thought for a moment. She sat looking at him, his perfect crystal blue eyes, his sandy brown hair and his dimples as he smiled.

“What?” He asked confused as to why she stopped telling her story.

“Oh sorry,” she apologized blushing slightly. “Anyway, I got five addresses and have to find some way to send out five CDs and get five autographed pictures of Justin.” She sighed.

“I can’t believe you went to all that trouble to protect a stranger’s reputation with her friends.”

“Well I remember being a teenager and having a crush on someone famous, the pressure you get from friends and others. You know they’ve met them and you can’t even get tickets to see them.”

Brian nodded looking down at his plate of food; he longed to taste the food he was chewing. With every bite of his food, he grew hungrier knowing he would be glad for this lunch date to be over so that he could go and get some actual substance.

He listened half-heartedly as she continued to talk about her job and the friends she made. This job of winning her over was going to exhaust him. Mortal women were so vapid to him. He laughed inwardly at his thought, living women vapid, he would have to share that thought with the others.

He finally zoned back into the conversation.

“She said it would be fine though and I could get the stuff easily.” May looked at her watch. “Oh it’s time to go back already.” A soft pout crossed her face. “I really enjoyed my time with you Brian.”

“I enjoyed my time with you.” Brian replied. “I was thinking of going to my friends club tonight, would you care to join me?”

May looked at Brian, her mouth open in shock. “Sure, I would love to.” A club meant being out late at night with Brian, being out late could lead to joining him the next morning for breakfast. She took one last look at Brian and thought about what the night could lead to, thought about what she dreamt about, gasping slightly at the moisture she felt between her thighs.

Quickly she turned and left him before she made herself worse off.

Brian watched as May walked off, her hips swaying playfully. He was wearing her down and he knew it. Right now, she was thinking about him and what he might wear tonight and even going so far as to think about taking his clothes off him. A smirk played on his lips, this is going to be easy, he thought to himself.
Chapter 8 by Purpura Lipstick
April looked herself up and down in the mirror making sure her uniform fit correctly. As she watched herself, she saw Alex approach from behind.

"Hey April, I was sent back here to get you. We open soon and we could really use our hostess."

April nodded. "I don't understand why I was supposed to be here before noon and then I have to be here until after midnight. Isn't that shift a little long?" She questioned Alex as they walked out of the staff room.
"Well you will have long shifts until you know what you are doing" He winked at her. "Then you will do normal eight hour shifts."

"There's my hostess," Howie approached her taking both of her hands in his. "That uniform certainly does you justice," He looked startled at his words. "That doesn't offend you that I said that does it?" He worked through many centuries, but this was the only one that complimenting a woman could get you in trouble, he was beyond understanding that.

"No, it's fine you said that." She smiled back, she might have been worried if she at least sensed that Howie was into females, but something told her that this man loved men alone.

"So tell me where I need to be." She said.
Howie took her upstairs where she did a multiple of jobs as hostess. She took coats, she delivered drinks, she ordered drinks, hell she even fluffed someone's pillow. By the end of the night, she thought of herself more as a gopher then a hostess, maybe hostess was just the polite term for gopher?

With her night almost over, a familiar voice called out to her. She turned around and noticed her sister dressed for clubbing standing with a strange man next to her.

"May, what are you doing here? Tell me you didn't come to see me working so you could make fun of me later." A smile played on her lips.

"Of course, not. This is Brian, April. I met him at work; he's the guy I told you about yesterday that I had lunch with."

April thought back to the day before and remembered vaguely what her sister told her, a headache had been forming and she just wanted to get to bed at that point.
"Oh this is the guy. Well nice to meet you." April stuck her hand out towards Brian and he shook it warmly.

"It's nice to meet you too, April."

April nodded at Brian noting his quick eye movement to her side.

"Hello, cousin." A tall man standing next to her interjected.

"Kevin, my dear man. I didn't realize you were going to be here." He looked the taller man over, eyeing him from head to toes. "I thought for sure you were still on that business trip." Not long ago Brian sent Kevin to California to take care of a woman who had fallen in love with him.

"I assure you the business has been handled." Kevin scowled at the smaller man and his sneering face.
April watched the interaction with curiosity; it was obvious these cousins had some family dispute that was seeping into their conversation. "Would you like anything to drink?" She broke the silence between the men.

April watched from the bar as the three sat at a table, Brian kept his arm wrapped around May's shoulders protectively and Kevin watched Brian carefully. Something didn't sit right when she looked at those two.

"How is your first night of official work going?" The voice behind her made her jump ten feet into the air. She turned around to face Nick.

"You scared me." She looked at him, hands on her hips, smirk on her face.

"I tend to have that effect, have I told you that before?"

April simply smiled at him, almost not hearing the bartender telling her the drinks were ready to be taken to Brian and Kevin.

"Well man, tell a waitress to take them over, this here is our hostess, just out to make sure everyone is comfortable." Nick approached her putting her arms around her and leading her away from the fuming bartender.

"How about I ask Howie if you can have the rest of the night off so we can have some time alone?" Nick asked when they were far enough away from the crowd.
April stared at Nick unsure of what to say. "Do you think he will mind?" She watched as Nick turned to find Howie unable to believe what she just asked. She was at work, her first full night on the job and already she was seeing if she could get time off. That was not the kind of employee that any boss would want to keep around. Seconds later, Howie stood in front of her.

"So Nick tells me you want some time off tonight." He started.

April shook her head, "No, I was only joking around with him, starting a conversation to make us both feel at ease."

A broad smile broke out across Howie's face. "I don't think you were joking with him." He replied.
April could feel the heat on her face as she blushed in response to her boss' accusation.

"You have my permission to go and spend time with Nick. You came in early and put extra effort forth tonight."
Relief swept over April as Nick took her by the waist and pulled her to the table Brian and May occupied. The two couples talked for the rest of the night being dropped off in the early hours of the morning to try to sleep before they needed to report to work the next day.
Chapter 9 by Purpura Lipstick
Kevin and A.J. were meeting secretly below the streets. A few of the others that were on their side were meeting them. They needed to get a plan of action together; they needed to make sure that the prophecy came true; they needed to make sure that Brian and the others were destroyed. They all knew the consequences, they too would be destroyed, but they, who were made against their will, welcomed the long sought after end.

"They have started trying to manipulate the girls already." A.J. stated. "I have managed to keep Nick out
of April's mind, but have yet to win her trust. Every time I am alone with her Nick appears."

Kevin nodded. "I cannot break into May's mind at all, Brian has it so well guarded I'm afraid we may lose her to that side. We need to make sure we keep one on ours."
"What should we do?" One of the others asked.

"Watch them; keep your eyes on them. Some of you will be assigned to watch over their apartment, but you must keep out of sight. Brian and the others will surely be watching their place as well." Kevin answered for A.J.
Slightly annoyed at his answer being taken, A.J. nodded in agreement. "We will have more for you to do as time goes on, but right now, just watch what they do. Give us any information that might be useful in making sure they help our plight."

Footsteps sounded from above dispersing the group quickly. One quick signal from A.J. called the meeting to an end and quickly the group left Kevin and A.J. behind.

The two sat looking at each other talking with their eyes as they learned long ago. Quietly they left their underground spot and made their way towards Brian's mansion.

*****

Nick sat across from Howie on their bed deep in concentration. He was focusing his mind, practicing breaking the barrier so that he could take over April's thoughts. Howie agreed to be his first subject though they both knew that reading his mind would not be difficult since the two spent all their moments together.

Nick let out a howl of frustration. "I can't even break into your mind." He yelled out.

"Nick you are trying too hard, you have to let go. You have to pretend that you aren't trying to read my mind." Howie reached forward and wiped Nick's cheek. "But you are cute trying so hard." He winked at Nick and sat looking at him. "Now try again."

Nick closed his eyes and concentrated on Howie's mind. He pictured himself entering Howie's mind then allowed himself to relax and focus on Howie. Soon images appeared in Nick's mind of Howie and his past. He saw from Howie's eyes as the two of them shared a special moment.

Excited by this breakthrough, Nick opened his eyes and broke the connection.

"I did it!" He squealed with delight. "I read your mind, I saw your memories." He smiled to his lover sitting across from him.

"That's good Nick, but you can't get excited like that and break the connection so quickly, it will surely alert the person that someone's been in their mind. There is a jolt and your face flashes in their mind when you disconnect like that. Be careful, you cannot be caught trying to manipulate her mind or she will never come to our side."

Nick nodded solemnly. "I have so much to learn. Why did Brian think I was worthy of this kind of responsibility."

Howie smiled at Nick warmly. "Because he knows he can trust us." He ran his hand along Nick's cheek. "He knows there are people that are fighting against us in our own clan, but he is not sure who they are. He has his suspicions, but no evidence."

"If it's a trust thing, why not ask you to do it?" He questioned.

Howie hung his head partly in shame. "He knows, my love, that I would never be able to make a girl believe that I could like her body and frankly you are more attractive then I am."

Nick blushed and shook his head to disagree with him. Before he could say anything in response, a slight knock on the door startled them.

"Enter." Howie called out.

"Master Brian requests your presence." The young girl bowed her head and waited for their response.

"Tell him we will be there in a few minutes." Howie answered for the both of them.

Quietly the girl left the room to deliver her message. Howie quickly climbed off the bed and started to get ready to meet with Brian; Nick slowly following his lead.

*****

April looked across the table at May sipping her coffee. "So any more hot dates you have planned not to tell me about?" She asked her sister acting only slightly upset.

May blushed and took a second to regain her composure before answering. "It was a last minute deal, you already were at work, what was I supposed to do?"
April only smiled at her sister. "You two make quite the couple."

"Well what about you and that Nick guy?" May shot back. "I mean you two looked pretty cozy."
Now it was April's turn to blush. "It was nothing; we were just having interesting conversations. I don't think he's really my type though, he seems to be a bit concerned with what my boss is doing." April giggled nervously at the thought of the cute guy who was hitting on her being with her boss.

"Well if the blond doesn't interest you, who does?" Her coffee cup half hid her smile from her sister, she knew that April liked someone at that club last night or she would not have blushed at the mention of being close with Nick.

"Well, there was one guy that I thought I'd like to get to know better, but I think I should just avoid him."
May was about to ask her sister whom she was talking about, but the phone interrupted her train of thought.

"It's for you April," May tossed the phone to her sister.

"Hello?" She questioned.

"April, this is Alex, from the club. I was wondering if you could come in, there are a few things that we need to discuss with you, you know typical papers and such."

"Oh yeah sure, W-2 forms and the like I'm sure." April smiled into the phone.

"So you can get here in, let's say, an hour?"

"Sure, see you then." April hung up the phone still smiling broadly.

"Can I take a stab at it and guess that that was the guy you were talking about earlier?" May asked.

April looked at her sister, smirked, then turned and made her way into her bedroom to change and get ready to head over to the club. The one on the phone was not who she was thinking about, but she hoped to catch a glimpse of him while she was there.
Chapter 10 by Purpura Lipstick
April arrived at the club in record time, it seemed every time she pulled up to a red light it changed immediately to green. She noticed she was not the only one who noticed the sudden change; a few cars going the other direction were forced to screech to a halt seeing that their light was now red.

Entering the building, she found the lights out. "Was I supposed to come tonight?" She found herself questioning aloud.

"Ahh, April, glad you could make it." A voice out of nowhere seemed to call to her. She advanced towards where she heard the voice, lights turning on as she walked.

"Alex?" She called out, still unable to see the man talking to her.

"Actually, it's me Kevin." He said as he stepped out into the light allowing April a full view of him. He stood tall, his dark hair falling slightly into his alluring green eyes. April could feel herself blush as she looked at him.

"So why didn't Howie call me?" She asked.

Kevin paused for a moment trying to think of some reason that Howie would need someone else to call in an employee. "He had tickets to a play tonight, and the paperwork needs to be done so it can be sent out tomorrow. He asked Alex and me a favor and we were happy to oblige." He was relieved when he saw April nod in agreement and look for a place to sit.

Finding a place close, she pulled up a chair and sat down. Kevin followed suit and sat across from her, putting the papers in front of her. "Just your usual forms to fill out after getting a job." He told her, trying not to let his voice falter, he always had a difficult time lying, and he found it more difficult to lie to April.

She took the papers from him, pulled out a pen and started to read and sign her name where appropriate. All Kevin was left to do was watch. Soon realization of whom he was sitting across from started to sink in. He was sitting across from a woman that would help him end his pitiful existence if he could get her to be on their side. This woman and her sister would be the end, if Brian didn't get his way. The sheer thought of the situation would have made Kevin sweat, if he had the ability to sweat.

"You look like you are ready to puke." April's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Must have been something I ate."

"Are you going to be alright?" She questioned.

"Well you are here, I should be fine." He smiled at her watching her cheeks turn crimson.

They sat across from each other in silence for another few minutes before April realized she still had one sheet left to sign. She picked it up and began to read what was said.

"April, you are your sister are in peril. Brian put you in the positions you are in so he can manipulate you more easily. Please heed my warning. I wouldn't want anythig bad to happen to you, and if you follow Brian you will have something very bad happen to you and your sister."


April looked up at Kevin and simply stared. He nodded at her. "Yes what you read is true."

"Are you all a bunch of freaks around here? What kind of joke do you think you are pulling? I'm in peril, only if I stay around you any longer. And to think I thought you were attractive!" April stood, clutching the paper, and turned to leave running smack into Alex.

"I can't let you leave until you realize the magnitude of the situation." Alex said forcing her back into her chair.

April stared at the man hovering over her. "What situation?"

Alex took a seat and glanced at Kevin; he took a deep breath and then started in explaining.

"For the last few years our clan has been preparing for the great feasting in which our leader will be renewed, power will be restored to our kind and the world will be run over with darkness. This actually hasn't happened for hundreds of years, the last time it happened history has named it the Dark Ages."

"Your clan? Your leader? What the hell are you exactly?" April held on to the bottom of her chair, she didn't really want the answer to that question, but she figured she had to ask.

"We are vampires, our leader is our creator. It is a life that Kevin and I have chosen is not worth living any longer."

April's face turned chalk white, "Vampires?" She asked unsure if she was awake or not. "You have to be joking."

"I wish he was," Kevin finally spoke up. He pulled his upper lip back so that April could see his fangs with a clear view.

"So you sharpen your teeth, and you call yourselves vampires, but that doesn't mean anything. There are freaks like that walking on the streets. I watch T.V., CSI just had an episode with people who wanted to be vampires just the other day." April tried to move away as much as she could, but found that she was unable to move out of her chair.

"I can understand why you would have a hard time believing us, but it's the truth and we need you and your sister to think long and hard about your choices and who you associate with, there are factions within the group. Kevin and I lead the ones who wish for this life to end. Brian, Howie and Nick are just a few of the ones who wish you and your sister dead or one of them." Alex continued.

"If you want to die so much, why don't you stake yourselves?" April managed to choke out.

"If it were only that easy. See shows like Buffy and all those vampire movies they skew the facts a bit. In reality we cannot be killed until our creator has first been killed."

"So when your creator is killed you all die?" April interrupted.

Alex shook his head and Kevin sighed. "No," Kevin spoke, "that is when we can be staked."
April mouthed 'OK' but sat gripping her chair. "Why are you telling me all this?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"You and your sister are part of a prophecy that has been circulating for some time. You girls will destroy our leader and make our clan susceptible to death, a death Kevin and I have been waiting for a hundred years."

"I think I'm gonna be sick" April suddenly spat out, quickly putting her head between her legs.

"You aren't the only one." A voice from the staircase suddenly spoke out.

All three heads spun around and watched as Brian walked down out of the shadows.
Chapter 11 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
This was easier to pick up then I thought. Thanks for the feedback Trina, I hope you like this chapter and where it's heading now. :-D
April, Kevin and Alex stood staring at Brian as he emerged from the shadows. “Master,” Kevin started trying to smooth over the situation.

“April, run.” Alex turned to her and pushed her towards the exit. “Think about what we said.”

“What about you two?” She questioned, they seemed crazy, but maybe there was something to what they said. She couldn’t just let them meet their end if this guy really was evil, and what about May? She was dating this crazy guy.

“We’ll be fine, we can’t die until our creator is dead, we’ll “live”.” Kevin spat out.

April turned and took in one last look at the situation before running out the door; she had to warn her sister about this man she was dating.

Kevin and Alex remained staring Brian down. “I had my suspicions about you, cousin.” Brian started. “But I never would have guessed you were involved Alex.” He cocked his head slightly and smirked at the two. “You may not be able to die, but you will wish I could kill you by the time I am done with you two.”

April heard the final threat as she stood outside the door listening, she also had to help these other two.

*****

May was sitting on the couch watching television and munching on a salad from Wendy’s when she heard the key in the door. “Where have you been?” she asked April as soon as she entered.

“I told you I had to go fill out paperwork at the club.” April sighed internally, having this conversation was not going to be pleasant. “There’s something I think you need to know.” April took the remote off the coffee table and hit the power button. Taking a seat on the table to she faced her sister, “There is something I need to talk to you about.”

May looked at her sister curious and expecting.

“May, it’s about Brian. I think he might be a bad guy. I was told some very interesting things this evening and then he showed up and made me think what I was being told was true. May, I think…”

May cut her sister off, “… you think that they are vampires and that there is some prophecy out there that says we will destroy the clan and that Brian is the leader and that their time of renewal is arriving and the world will be plunged into darkness afterwards?” May chuckled to herself. “Brian said that these crazies were trying to get to us since we were twins. They are delusional, April. Brian says they try this with every set of twins they meet.”

“If they are so delusional May, then why does Howie keep them employed, why are they kept close?”

“Obviously, sister is so that they can keep an eye on them. You heard Brian called one his cousin, they are family they want to make sure they are well looked after.”

April stood up and threw her hands in the air. “I don’t know May; there is something about their story that got to me.”

“You read too much into things. I think it’s time for bed, for both of us.” May stood and quickly moved into her room almost slamming the door shut. Going to bed would bring her excitement she knew she would dream about Brian and it always brought her pleasure. How could anyone who could make her feel that way be evil?

*****

Brian stood in front of the two bloodied members of the rebel group. “How many are there?” He asked voice barely raised. Neither of the men answered, they remained silent as they had been when he first brought them into his dungeon.

A knock came from the door as it creaked open. “Master?” Howie asked from the doorway. “Perhaps we let them stew down here for awhile. You already told May the truth as it were a lie, she’s bound to tell her sister about the falsehood, we will be able to torture these two for thousands of years. Come let’s feast.”

Brian nodded at his friend, brushed his hands off and turned towards the door. “Don’t think you will receive forgiveness during the renewal either, I doubt the creator will be so kind.” He followed Howie from the room and slammed the door, locking it behind him.

“Well this is a fine situation we are in now?” Alex fumed.

“We will escape, don’t forget our secret weapon.” Kevin licked the blood from his lip and looked over at his ally. They may have been hanging from chains but a faint glimmer of hope twinkled in his lifeless eyes.

*****

April lay in bed staring at the ceiling mulling over the information she received tonight. Brian, Kevin, Alex, Howie and possibly Nick were vampires, if she were to believe Kevin and Alex. How many others in the club were demons? She shook her head at herself, how could she believe this tall tale, how could she fall for such a far fetched story.

April closed her eyes and started almost immediately started to dream, hallways, doorways and one particular door kept reappearing in her mind. It was directions, could she possibly be seeing a way to save the two that talked with her that night. Scared she woke suddenly and stared at the ceiling again. Every time she closed her eyes the same images appeared in her mind until she was confident she could navigate the maze even if she remained asleep.

She had to find out what it was; she had to find if Alex and Kevin were at the end of it, she needed to know the truth.
Chapter 12 by Purpura Lipstick
April looked at the clock on her nightstand; the analog clock read six-thirty, still too early for her to leave. She had to make it look like she believed her sister; that she was just going off to work like a normal night. The last time she dreamt about the mazes she heard a voice, one she thought she recognized but could not quite make out. She needed to act normally and pretend that she believed her sister; act like nothing was revealed to her, act like there was no confrontation the night before. April wasn’t positive she could pull the acting off, but she had to try in order to help Alex and Kevin.

April heard May in the kitchen fixing herself some breakfast and decided to get up and join her. She moved into the kitchen and leaned against a counter watching her sister from behind for a minute before joining her at the table. When she sat down opposite her, she gasped audibly when she saw her sisters pale tired face. It looked as if she had stayed up all night. “Are you feeling alright May?” she asked.

“Of course,” May responded sounding just as chipper as if she slept and entire eight hours. “I just wish I didn’t have to wake up, I always have the most pleasant dreams.”

April couldn’t help but stare, the dreams. May was being gotten to in her dreams. April shook her head in resignation and attempted to talk about something other then work or Brian. “Have you talked to mom or dad lately?’

May ate in silence, acting as if she did not hear a word her sister said. April shook her head and went back in her room picking up the book from her nightstand. She flipped through the pages until she heard the door to the apartment open and then close. She crept out of her room and moved to the living room window drawing the shade gently aside. She watched as May got in her car and left the parking lot. Quickly April went back into her room and started to throw items she thought she might need into a backpack: a flashlight, a lighter, a Swiss Army Knife, a water bottle and a hammer. She quickly threw on jeans and a t-shirt, grabbed her jacket and her uniform for work and went out the door.

*****

She hid behind the dumpster staring at the cellar window, Tabu employee entrance only a few feet away. The window was open, just like her dream. She waited until the alley was empty and then ran forward tossing her bag through the window and then slinking in herself. She rested on the floor looking up at the window to make sure no one saw her. “What am I doing?” She thought out-loud. “I must be crazy to follow a dream to find guys who think they are vampires.” She turned around and couldn’t help but gasp. The beginning of the maze that she dreamt last night spread out in front of her. It was real, she thought that she would only find extra alcohol and napkins in the cellar, but it was the maze just as she dreamed.

She started walking the route the dream continually took her in, she pulled out her flashlight and cautiously stepped on the stone floor. She made her way through the maze, shaking with fear after hearing the noises coming from behind some of the doors. People begged for their lives, a few small screams could be heard, and the whimpering, it was almost too much for April to handle but her desire to know took over and she continued.

Quietly she took the last turn and faced the door she remembered. She walked towards the door and tried the knob, it was unlocked; either they trusted the maze so no one would find them or someone knew she would come and rescue the two. The door pushed open with ease, April stood inside staring at Kevin, and Alex hanging from chains in the ceiling, legs attached to chains on the floor. Their bodies touched no wall or floor, they just hung limply in the middle of the room.

“Kevin? Alex?” She whispered moving slightly closer.

Kevin abruptly looked up and straight at April. “You got the message.” He beamed a smile making April melt, even bruised and broken this man had a hold on her. She shook her head. What am I thinking? She thought, He’s crazy and if not crazy, he’s not really alive. She moved towards them and looked at the locks on the chains. “Key?” She asked.

Alex groaned and lifted his head, “Hanging by the door. Hurry.” April ran to where the key hung and ripped it off the hook and quickly moved to unlock the chairs. She undid Kevin’s feet then his arms, and repeated this with Alex. “Let’s go.” Alex whispered and geared the group towards the back of the cell moving a piece of the all aside and moving inside.

“Where are we going?” April nervously asked Kevin.

“The renewal is happening tonight, we have fourteen hours before another age of darkness begins unless we can keep you safe until you can destroy the Creator.”

“I have… I have to… what?”

“I’ll explain when we get to the safe house. We need to move.” A noise could be heard in the hallway. “Now, April!” He held his hand out towards the frightened girl. She took it and held on tight as Kevin whisked her inside the passageway closing the door behind them.

They walked for what April could only guess was a mile before Alex moved a piece of the wall and an opening into another basement opened. “We’ll be safe here until tonight. I doubt Brian will spend too much time trying to find us, he has more important plans tonight.” Alex gave April a look that said ‘I’m sorry’ before moving further into the room.

“What was that look for?” April asked nervously. Then it hit her. “May? Brian is going to give the Creator May?”

“To be fully strong the Creator would need both of you so Brian is counting on us escaping and showing up with you.” Kevin sighed. “I would keep you far away from there if I could, but your sister is in danger, I know you will want to help her. And we want you to kill the Creator so we might end our miserable lives.”

April looked around herself noticing the cages of birds and rats. Everything that was being told to her sunk in and she fell to the ground sobbing.
Chapter 13 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I had fun writing it. :-D
April woke in a bed unfamiliar to her. She looked around the room before memories jumped back into her head about the events of the past days. She bolted out of bed and started to look for her bag, she needed to get May.

“Slow down April, there is nothing you can do right this minute.” The voice came from the darkest corner of the room.

April recognized the voice almost immediately, “Kevin you startled me.”

“Yeah, women are startled easily by us.” He moved into the light and shrugged. “Part of the life I’m sure.”

“Are there any women vampires?” April asked curious, the only ones she’s heard mention or even had contact with were males.

“There aren’t many in our clan and only a few other clans exist in the world, I don’t know about those. We don’t usually talk with other clans and stay separated vampire code.” He chuckled slightly and moved closer to April. “You don’t have to go tonight, Alex and I can have our comrades save her and then you can both destroy the Creator as you are supposed to.”

April shook her head. “I have to save May, I can’t sit here useless.” Kevin moved closer to April and took her hand.

“It’s my fault she’s under Brian’s spell.” He hung his head, embarrassed to look at April.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, Alex protected your mind from the others but I couldn’t protect May from Brian’s power.” He sighed. “I am weak.”

Taking her other hand, April placed it gently on Kevin’s cheek. “You aren’t weak, you tried, and that is what’s important.”

Kevin’s green eyes looked into April’s as he smiled. “You are so beautiful, April.”

April felt her cheeks turn crimson at Kevin’s admission. “Oh?”

Unsure of what he was doing, Kevin started to move closer bringing April’s face closer to his.

Nerves and fear attacked April, she wanted Kevin this close, but what if he bit her. What if this whole thing was a ploy to get her here so he could turn her? She stepped back slightly and caught Kevin’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” she meekly said before sitting on the bed.

Kevin sat down next to her. “No it’s me that’s sorry. I shouldn’t be so forward; you have every reason to be fearful.”

“It’s just, how do I…” April looked down at her hands unsure she wanted to accuse Kevin of what was on her mind.

“How do you know I won’t bite you?” Kevin let out a brief laugh. “I’m not hungry for one.” Taking April’s hands, he knelt on the floor in front of her. “Besides I could never hurt someone I care for.”

April’s face rose and looked him in the eyes. Again, she watched as Kevin’s face approached but she did not flinch this time but allowed him to kiss her fully on the lips. She welcomed the kiss and parted her lips slightly to allow his tongue to flick across hers. Kevin moved April on the bed and he lay next to her running his hand along the curve of her body. April gave herself over and let Kevin control the moment.

*****

Howie stared at Brian, rage flashing in his eyes. “Master, I do not understand. Kevin and Alex are gone; April is nowhere to be found. How will the Creator be restored, how will our time to reign occur if we do not have both sisters!”

Nick stood in the shadows as his friend and lover addressed their master. He dare not speak since it was his duty to sway April to their side. He did not want to anger Howie or Brian anymore then they already were.

“Howie, you lose faith.” Brian stated, calmer then his friend.

“How did they manage to escape anyway? There is a spell over the dungeon that does not allow mind contact. April had to have been told how to get to them. Someone on the outside has to be in league with them!” Howie avoided looking at Nick; it was awful that he had suspicions about his long time companion.

“Do not fret, friend. I assure you everything is going as planned.”

Howie looked at Brian questioning. “Forgive my lack of faith, but I must know for my own piece of mind.”

Brian looked from Howie to Nick and then back to Nick. “You chose your partner well, Howie. He has not betrayed our cause.” Howie sighed with relief looked apologetically at Nick. Brian continued. “He did exactly as I asked when he led April to Kevin and Alex.”

Howie’s eyes grew large. “You mean you wanted them to escape?” He was confused by the confession, he knew he should trust his master but they were so close, the renewal was only a few hours away.

“Of course I wanted them to escape.” Brian started to laugh making Howie uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry if my ignorant mind does not understand you reasoning. Would you be willing to enlighten me?” He desperately hoped that Brian was not a part of the rebel group his cousin belonged to, he did not want to be the vampire that had to take down his own master.

“Howie, Kevin is on our side. He’s been infiltrating the rebels for the last hundred years to find out who is involved. To find out their plans. He will make sure April is here tonight I assure you of that.”

*****

Alex stood outside the door to the room where Kevin and April now lay curled in each other’s arms. He smiled to himself knowing that only a few hours from now April will help be the undoing of the Creator and this dead life would be at a sweet end.
Chapter 14 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
Oh I am having so much fun writing this story. I'm so glad for my reviews too, thanks everyone who has taken the time to review my story. You have brought new life into writing fanfiction for me.
May paced the room she was in. She didn’t understand what was happening to her. Just a few hours ago, Brian picked her up for their usual lunch date but instead of going to lunch, he brought her here and locked her inside. She had no idea where here was, but she did not like the tone that Brian addressed her. His usual sweet tone was replaced with harsher words that left her wondering what she did. Now that she was locked, in this room, fear took over and thoughts flashed back to what her sister told her about Brian the night before.

“Oh why didn’t I listen to you April?” May stopped her pacing and slumped down in the corner of the room. Tears began to well in her eyes. Worse then her sister being right was the thought that Brian really didn’t care for her in the way he let on. She was broken-hearted; she could care less what happened to her now.

*****

Kevin watched as April found her jeans and pulled them on, her face looking down out of her shyness. He was racked with guilt over the moment and trying not to show the guilt and upset April. “We should be leaving shortly.” He stated trying to initiate conversation. If the situation had been different, he was not the creature he was, he could see himself falling in love with this woman. “April, whatever happens tonight,” he paused unsure how to put what he had to say next, “Whatever happens, you have to trust me. I know it’s a lot to ask, but trust me.”

He pulled himself off the bed and opened the door for April and himself, Alex stood down the hall waiting. April gasped at the sight, blush covering her cheeks, embarrassed that someone knew what happened in the room only moments before. They walked towards Alex, April keeping her head down and mouth closed.

“The others are in place.” Alex informed Kevin. “The clan is gathering to honor the Creator. Brian has May; it’s time we are going.”

Kevin looked back at April at the news that Brian had May already, April kept her head down but he knew anger and fear were boiling up inside of her.

Kevin pulled Alex further ahead of April, hoping she wouldn’t hear. “I feel so guilty, I’m not sure I can do this to her.”

Alex looked at his friend. “You did what you had to.”

The rest of the journey back underground into the cell they escaped from hours before was silent. They entered the cell and made their way through the maze to the door that lead upstairs into the club, April could hear shouts of joy and voices already. She stopped before she could go through the door.

“I will be by your side the entire time.” Kevin told her to relax her. He held her hand out and she took hold of it letting him guide her through the door and up the stairs into the main part of the club. They stood in the back, watching vampires joyously reuniting with friends, smiles broadening on their faces when Brian appeared on the stage pulling May with him. April gasped as she saw this, and was quickly hushed by Alex.

Brian stood on the stage with his hands raised, the crowd quieting immediately. They waited with baited breath for what he had to say.

“Friends, we all know why we are gathered here today.” Cheers went up from the crowd and Brian had to wait until they quieted again before he could continue. “Yes, it is a joyous occasion that was almost a time for mourning. The girls of that horrible prophecy were discovered.” This time he had to pause for the ‘boos’ the crowd shouted out. “But, we are in luck for they also can restore our Creator.” At this he pulled May towards him and tipped her head away from him so her neck was fully exposed, he looked at the crowd then turned to May and licked her neck.

May’s knees buckled in pleasure, she could not help but desire this man, she knew he was bad for her, hell he was evil but she still wanted him inside her.

April saw this and bit her tongue to not make a noise.

Brian turned back to the crowd and smirked at all the cheers that he raised. “We have also known of a rebel group for the last hundred years.” More ‘boos’ commenced and Brian held his hand up, the other still holding May’s hand, and quieted them yet again. “But here too we have overcome. While the rebels thought they gained an ally, I knew I had an inside man.” Gasps could be heard from the crowd and April noted Alex gasping as well. “It is he my friends that has brought the other sister with him tonight.” Cheers rose and Alex looked towards Kevin, quietly and quickly moving off.

April stood next to Kevin shaking from fear. “What?” She questioned before Kevin grabbed her hand so she could not run off.

“Where are you cousin?” Brian called out.

Kevin held tightly on to April as he felt her struggle to escape his grasp. “Remember what I said.” He whispered before he started pulling her to the stage.

“You bastard!” she yelled causing heads to turn in their direction. “I thought I could trust you!” She fought hard to get away, but Kevin’s hold on her arm was tight.

“Kevin, I knew you could do it.” Brian smiled at his cousin as Kevin brought the girl fully on stage still holding tightly to her.

“Of course Brian, you know I’m your man.” He smirked and turned to the audience holding April’s arm high. “For the Creator!”
Chapter 15 by Purpura Lipstick
The crowd roared now that the twins were both on the stage, a full meal for the Creator, the time of darkness would arise and they would feast freely for a century.

April looked at Kevin, the man that only a few hours before she had sex with was now the man that was going to be the end of her life. Tears began to well in her eyes as she looked at her sister standing almost limply at Brian’s side. How did their life come to this, they only wanted to move away from home and hold jobs of their own and live their lives. How did they end up as vampire fodder?

Suddenly the crowd became silent and April turned her head slightly to the side, a woman now stood on the stage looking out over the crowd. She stood dressed in a floor length chocolate colored dress that had a least a yard of material trailing after. Her long, auburn hair was pulled back and held tight by a golden crown of some kind.

“My children,” the woman started, her voice without a trace of an accent struck April as strange. The woman turned and smiled at April causing April to shiver unexpectedly. “Our time to rule has finally arrived.” No one in the crowd dare interrupt her with cheering. “My faithful servants have brought me just what I needed to become the vampire I need to be to bring this time about for all of us.”

It appeared as if the woman floated towards the girls holding her arms out towards the guys. “My loves, which one of you would like to honor me first?”

Kevin looked at Brian with a wicked smile. April wanted to pass out from fear but she needed to think, she needed to figure a way out of this situation. “Brian, you have put your trust in me this far, but let me prove it to the doubters. I will bring April to our Queen first.”

Brian nodded and watched with wide eyes as Kevin drug April closer to the woman who they called Creator and Queen. “This will only hurt until you die.” He cackled as the snickers rose through the crowd.

April could feel the woman grab her arm and pull her closer. Kevin tipped April’s head so that her neck so that the woman could reach it easier. It seemed like hours before April first felt the teeth break her skin. She fought hard not to scream out in pain. April felt her hand being squeezed and she forced herself to look towards Kevin, the man who did this to her.

A blood curdling scream sounded through the club forcing April to look away. The woman was no longer at her neck; she felt no more pressure at her neck. In fact, the woman was writhing on the floor in what seemed like pain. “She is impure!” the woman spat at Kevin.

Brian raged and dropped his hold on May. He charged at Kevin. “You truly are stupid man. What have you done?”

Kevin stood rooted in his spot still holding April’s hand. “I have helped the girls fulfill their destiny.”

“You, you, brought yourself to ‘be’ with a mortal woman?” Nick shouted from one side of the stage.

Howie stood blocking the other exit from the stage. He grabbed a two-by-four lying nearby and headed towards Kevin. No one noticed May taking her high heel off her foot and moving closer to the woman still writhing on the floor. It was so easy to plunge the shoe’s heel into the woman’s chest; it was almost as if there was no bone to pierce. The woman screamed out in pain again. “NO!” Brian shouted from where he stood and ran over slapping May hard across the face, a few drops of blood landed on the stage from her now broken lip.

Another shout could be heard from the crowd and Brian turned his attention from May back to where Kevin stood a pile of dust now at his feet. “He killed Howie.”

Nick stormed the stage and fell over the ashes.

Murmurs went through the crowd. “She is weak enough, FIGHT.” Kevin shouted and those that stood in the crowd but wanted to die started killing those that stood around them. Screams from fallen comrades enraged Brian further and he swung his fist at Kevin knocking him easily to the ground.

Released from his grasp before Brian attacked, April ran to May and stood next to her. “We have to leave; it’s going to get ugly in here.” They started to move towards an exit but Nick stood in their way.

“Where do you think you are going?” Scared, May ran off in the opposite direction against her sisters protests. A chair flew from the crowed knocking into Nick’s head and allowing April an exit. “May!” she yelled and started towards where May ran to. The woman had pulled herself off the stage from what April could tell. “May!” She shouted. She was amazed that she was being left alone by the other vampires in the building.

May stumbled out from some doorway towards the back of the stage, April seeing her grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the doorway Nick was no longer blocking. April squinted at the rising sun and then looked back into the building catching one last look at Kevin. He got what he wanted; she knew that he would release himself from this curse soon. She smiled and let a single tear fall before running completely into the light and far from the club.
Epilogue by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the story! :-D

Please review and be patient with the ending.
A little over a year later

April sat across from her sister and smiled. They survived much together and were stronger from the experience. April picked up her spoon and looked next to her. Those green eyes always tugged at her heart. She wasn’t sure how it happened but she wasn’t questioning what happened to bring the love of her life to her she only smiled and leaned over kissing his cheek.

“April if you keep that up, little Kevin is going to grow up to be spoiled.” May teased her sister rumpling her nephew’s hair in the process.

“I know May, but I can’t help it he is such a miracle. And would you please use his real name?” April smiled back at her sister and looked towards the café across the street where she thought she saw Kevin smiling back at her. She shook her head and looked back at May, she never told her sister she was seeing Kevin everywhere, May would just tell her it was her longing to see him again. Her longing for it all to be alright, for Kevin to be mortal so they could be together. That wasn’t the case and April knew that, she knew Kevin would have fought to end his clan and then stake himself now that the Creator was dead.

In truth, April thought she saw Kevin everyday. In truth, she wanted Kevin to be alive, for him not to have turned the stake on himself and for him to find some way to rid himself of the vampire curse so they could be a normal family. Of course, that was impossible, so she just delighted in the joy her son brought her daily.

“Fine, stop spoiling Caleb. It’s really my job to spoil him anyway so stop.” May looked at her sister and licked her lips. The memory of the injury still haunted her, the man she was falling for betrayed her but what was worse was the secret she was keeping from her sister.

When they were separated during the fighting, May found the Creator struggling against death. She walked over to her, leaned down and let the Creator lick her bloodied lip. It was amazing how the little bit of blood revived her, the Creator smiled wickedly and left quickly.

May honestly did not know why she did what she did. Perhaps she hoped that with the Creator still alive, Brian would be alive. He betrayed her, but she still wanted to be with him, making sure the Creator lived was her one hope that Brian would live. Now she watched for him daily hoping that he would know what she did, that she saved him. He would know she accepted him and wanted him to find her.

She missed the dreams the most. Night was now longer then she could bear, sleeping was difficult. She needed his face, she needed the dreams and she did what she needed to make sure they came again, but they didn’t and she was beginning to wonder if she meant nothing to him after all or worse, that he was killed before the Creator returned to strength.

*****

Clouds came out and clouded the sun, it was then he decided to leave and return to his house. He really could have left at anytime; with the Creator still living the sunlight did not harm him. He took one last look at the twins and the child sitting across from where he stood watching. He knew he wanted to be with her, but he had to wait for the right time to reveal himself to her. The Creator still lived which meant trouble would be brewing between the factions again. He would wait, but he would come to her and he hoped she welcomed him for in his eyes she showed cared some for him.

“Soon.” He whispered before pulling a hat down and walking past the girls and into the shadows.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2671