I Can Love You Like That by Destiny
Past Featured StorySummary: Love can be one of the most wonderful and powerful feelings in the world, but it could also be the most awful feeling to have...especially if that person doesn't feel for you what you do for them. (pt.1 of Torn Illusions Series)
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 41 Completed: Yes Word count: 28826 Read: 59020 Published: 08/14/04 Updated: 02/04/05

1. One by Destiny

2. Two by Destiny

3. Three by Destiny

4. Four by Destiny

5. Five by Destiny

6. Six by Destiny

7. Seven by Destiny

8. Eight by Destiny

9. Nine by Destiny

10. Ten by Destiny

11. Eleven by Destiny

12. Twelve by Destiny

13. Thirteen by Destiny

14. Fourteen by Destiny

15. Fifteen by Destiny

16. Sixteen by Destiny

17. Seventeen by Destiny

18. Eighteen by Destiny

19. Nineteen by Destiny

20. Twenty by Destiny

21. 21 by Destiny

22. 22 by Destiny

23. 23 by Destiny

24. 24 by Destiny

25. 25 by Destiny

26. 26 by Destiny

27. 27 by Destiny

28. 28 by Destiny

29. 29 by Destiny

30. 30 by Destiny

31. 31 by Destiny

32. 32 by Destiny

33. 33 by Destiny

34. 34 by Destiny

35. 35 by Destiny

36. 36 by Destiny

37. 37 by Destiny

38. 38 by Destiny

39. 39 by Destiny

40. 40 by Destiny

41. 41 by Destiny

One by Destiny
Chapter 1

It was a dark, cold night as A.j took a familiar drive to his friend, Amber's house. He always ran to her when him and his current girlfriend, Julie got into a fight over something stupid. This time their fight wasn't stupid. Julie told A.j she didn't love him any more and that she was leaving him for another man. A.j was so shocked and angry that he told Julie by the time he gets back he wants any trace of her in his house gone, then he grabbed his car keys and was out the door. On the way there A.j thought about Amber, she was a 22 year-old, 5'6, a nice tan, medium length, silky, black hair and had the most gorgeous eyes that glisten a light gray. She was pretty all right, but A.j never thought of her more than a friend, she was always there for him when he needed someone to bring his spirits up. Even though he was in pain a small smile crossed his face as he pulled into Amber's driveway. "I hope she's up", he thought to himself as he turned off the car and ran to her door and rang the doorbell.

Amber was sound asleep when she heard to sound of the doorbell ring in her ears. Her eyes opened slightly as she got up and slid on her white, fury slippers and matching robe and made her way downstairs to the door.

"A.j?" She asked as she answered the door and let out a little yarn.

"Yeah its me, can I come in?" A.j asked

Amber moved from in front of the door and let A.j in. A.j made his way to the kitchen and Amber closed the door and followed with a puzzled look on her face.

"Alex as mush as I love when you visit me, can you please tell me why you're at my house at 2:45 in the morning?", Amber finished, nodding off to sleep.

A.j looked at her and sadness filled his eyes as though he wanted to cry but he kept it in. After a few minutes of silence he spoke.

"Julie left me_" he started then added "She left me for another man that she says can give her what she needs." He finished and by this time he had Amber's full attention. "I don't understand how this could have happened_. I mean one day we are fine you know? Nothing was going wrong_. Well to me it wasn't_am I making any kind of sense?", A.j finally asked.

"Yeah J, I know how it feels to have to have love trouble, Its the worst thing in the world it feels like someone has shattered your heart and your stuck picking up all the pieces." She finished. "So are you crashing here tonight?" Amber said to break the silence that was flying in the room.

"Yeah I guess so, that is of you don't have a problem_" A.j started but got cutoff

"My home is your home, how many times do I have to tell you." Amber asked playfully but soon stopped when A.j just sat there looking at the floor. "I'm really sorry Alex", she added and walked over to him and pulled him into a big, bear hug. "Its going to be OK"

"Can I sleep in your bed with you, I won't try anything? I just don't want to be alone_I just want to hold someone and have someone hold me_.and make this pain go away", A.j said quietly and Amber just smiled.

"Of course you can sleep in my bed, I trust you, I mean how long have we known each other mister, since we were babies.", she laughed and A.j looked up at her with a smile.

"Come on now its 3:00 in the morning, lets get some rest", said Amber

A.j and Amber made it upstairs to the bedroom and A.j was beginning to remove all his clothing, even his boxers when Amber stopped him. He smiled and said sorry, at home he always sleeps in the nude. They crawled in bed and Amber held A.j as he tried to escape his sadness with sleep. "Thank you." He whispered. "No problem", she said and went to sleep.
Two by Destiny
Chapter 2

The sun was shining bright through the cream colored curtains as A.j laid on the bed fast asleep, but he soon was awakened by the smell of breakfast in the air. His eyelids opened and looked around the room to get adjusted to the morning light. He got up and found his clothes neatly placed on the dresser and smiled to himself. “She must have washed them for me”, he said out loud. As A.j was about to reach for his wife washer he saw a picture of himself and Amber when they were young and he picked it up. The picture was taken on Amber's 5th birthday. She was wearing a light pink dress with matching shoes and little pink ribbons tied in her once curly hair, with A.j standing next to her holding her hand, they both had smiles plastered on their faces.

“So I see your up.”, said a voice that made A.j jump, and he turned around.

“Good morning to you to.”, he said and went over to hug Amber.

Amber smiled and hugged him back. “So what were you looking at?” she asked referring to the picture.

“Nothing just pictures of us when we were young.”, he answered

“I have a lot of pictures of us, of you….before you got all those tattoos”, Amber joked. A.j couldn’t help but smile.

“Well I’ll let you get dressed”, Amber said walking out the bedroom door but then stopped to say “Ohh yeah breakfast is ready”, then she closed the door and left. Whenever A.j spent the night she always got up and fixed him a homemade breakfast. A.j quickly took a hot shower and put on his clothes and went downstairs. He walked into the kitchen and made his way to the table as Amber put a plate in front of him.

“Hmm, this looks good”, A.j said as he began to eat his breakfast. She had fixed one of his favorites: bacon, eggs, and French toast. Amber sat there sipping her coffee looking through a magazine.

“I don’t get women, why the hell are you guys so complicating and confusing.” A.j asked as he stuck another piece of bacon in his mouth.

Amber looked up at him and shook her head. “I don’t know, sometimes we do crazy things.”

“Yeah, like breaking up with a guy who you’ve been dating for two years”, A.j said with a little anger in his voice. This caused Amber to close the magazine and look at A.j straight in the eye.

“Why don’t you tell me everything that happened last night?” she said taking A.j’s empty plate and placing it in the sink and sitting back down, but this time she was next to him.
A.j ran a hand through his blond hair and sighed. (AN: Just imagine the way his hair was in the drowning video)

“Well I was on my way home last night after picking up the ring I had gotten to propose to Julie with….and I was nervous about the whole thing so I took the long way home. When I got home I went in and Julie was sitting in the living room watching T.V. So I hung up my coat and went over to sit next to her. She wouldn’t even look at me. And I wondered what was wrong but I didn’t ask. So I told her I had something important to tell her. I got down on one knee and she finally looked me in the eyes. And then I asked her to marry me.” A.j stopped for a moment and then added. “Julie said no and I asked her why…we had been dating for almost 3 years and our relationship was great, well so I thought. Then she told me she was leaving me for some one else and that she didn’t love me anymore and blah…blah…blah”, A.j finished.
Three by Destiny
Chapter 3

“Alex I don’t know what to say except sorry”, Amber said, feeling bad for her friend.

“Naw, don’t say sorry it’s not your fault, baby girl”, he assured her. He always called Amber baby girl because of the fact he was two years older then her.

Amber and A.j spent the rest of the day at her house watching T.V and looking through old photos of them as children. Spending time together was rather hard with A.j being a Backstreet Boy and Amber being a lawyer all. So the time they did have together they used every second of it. A.j had found an old photo of Amber and himself when they were little and busted out laughing.

“Oh my god! Look at you! You look so cute!” A.j barely said from laughing, in the picture Amber and him where in the bathtub. (AN: keep in mind they were very young 2 and 4)

“Hey…Hey give that back J. I don’t want you to know me like that”, she said trying to grab the picture from A.j but failed.

"Hey how come we don't take baths together now", A.j joked and laughed as Amber was still trying, unsuccessfully, to get the picture from him. And It didn't help one bit he was taller then her.

"Because I'm sure there are a couple of things on each other that we are bound to notice." She said trying her best to jump up at the picture that A.j was holding over his head.

"What kind of things", A.j asked playing innocent with a smile across his face.

"You know what I 'm taking about Alex."

"No I don't"

"Yes you do"

"No I don't"

"YES!!! I got it...HA" said Amber as she waved around the photo doing a victory dance while A.j just sat back and laughed.

"Took you long enough shorty, now tell me why we can't take baths together anymore, just like when we were young", Laughed A.j.

"Because"

"Because is not an answer my sweet Amber"

"Yes it is", Amber replied rolling her eyes and going into the living room.

"No it's not", laughed A.j as he followed her.
Four by Destiny
Chapter 4

"Well it is now", said Amber as she sat down on the couch with A.j next to her. After a silence Amber couldn't take it anymore.

"Fine you want me to say it, I'll say It BODY PARTS!!"

"Well..... That’s all you had to say", said A.j as he sat back and laughed as he reached for the remote to find something on T.V.

"Whatever", laughed Amber "Your impossible J you know that?"

"Yep, and that's why you love me."

Amber looked at him and shook her head laughing as she placed her head on his shoulders and watched him channel surf.

"Thanks"

"For what J?"

"For this...for being here, you and my mom are the only ladies I know will never break my heart."

"I'll never make you cry, I'd rather die then live without you." Amber sung in A.j's ear and he smiled as he listened to her angelic voice. " I'll give you all of me honey that's no lie." Amber finished and kissed A.j on the cheek and placed her head back on his shoulder as they began to watch "My Best Friend’s Wedding".

Halfway through the movie A.j looked down at the sleeping Amber in his arms and smiled. "She looks so beautiful,” he thought to himself. A.j slightly got up from the couch and placed a blanket on Amber and sat on the floor next to her and just watched her sleep. He smiled and softly ran his fingers through her soft black hair. "God why can't I find a woman that loves me, it there something wrong with me?" A.j softly asked out loud. Then he looked down at Amber. Amber was a girl he knew all his life, even when he wasn’t a Backstreet Boy. He trusted her more then anyone.
He remembered the day he left to become a backstreet boy, She had came to the airport to see him off.

~*~Flashback~*~

A.j, Denise, Amber and her parents where all at the airport to see A.j off.
After A.j said his goodbyes to his mom and Amber's parents he took Amber aside for a moment.

*I know you're going,*
I can't make you stay.
I can only let you know I love you any way.
And if the road you take leads to heartbreak,
Somewhere down the line.
If someone ever hurts you,
*Or treats your heart unkind...*
Five by Destiny
Chapter 5

"You know Amber we've been friends since, well the beginning of time and nothing is going to change that, you know that right?"

"Yes." Amber replied.

"I love you baby girl."

"I love you to."

*You just run to the arms of the one who loves you.*
You just run to these arms,
And these two arms will keep you warm.
When rain has found your heart,
Never fear, I'm never far.
*You just run to the arms of the one who loves you.*

"How long do you have before your flight leaves?" asked 13 yr old Amber as she held on to 15 yr old A.j's hand.

"A few minutes." he answered. Alex was sad he had to leave everyone but he was the most upset about leaving Amber. But he knew he had to if he wanted to make he's dream about becoming a singer come true. She supported him 110%.

"Don't forget me ok?" Amber said with tears begging to fall but kept it in.

"Never, I'll never forget you Baby girl." A.j smiled and kissed her hand.

"Flight 638 to Orlando now boarding." came a voice of the intercom.

*I want you happy,*
I want the best for you.
And if you have to leave to find your dream,
I hope that dream comes true.
But if the world you find brings you hard times,
If someone makes you cry,
I'll be there to hold you,
*I'll be standing by.*

"That's me." A.j said as he got up.

Amber walked with him till the ticket counter and gave him one last hug that nether one of them wanted to end and kiss on the cheek.

"Take care Alex."

"I will, and you to." A.j said as he put his forehead against Amber's and forced a smile. "I'll call you everyday, just to see what's up and bug you just like I do now." Joked A.j and that made Amber smile. "Now there's the smile we all know and love."

"Last chance for anyone boarding flight 638 to Orlando, last call." came the voice again.

*My love is strong enough, you know,*
Strong enough to let you go.
But I'll always hold you,
Inside my heart.
And if you should ever change your mind,
You can come back any time,
*And when you do...*

*You just run to these arms…… cause I’m the one who loves you*

"Bye Baby girl."

"Bye Alex." And with that he turned and got on the plane. That's when Amber let the tears fall. She was going to miss him but she knew that this wasn't the last time they were going to see each other. Amber walked to the window next to her parents and Denise and watched A.j's plane till it got out of sight.

~*~End of flashback~*~
Six by Destiny
Chapter 6

A.j remembered how he felt that day; he was both happy and sad. Happy to live his dream and sad to leave behind loved ones but it was a sacrifice he had to make. He looked down at Amber again, smiled. She had woken up and was staring up at him.

"What!?" asked Amber

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

"Oh god, what's going on inside that twisted little brain of yours?" joked Amber sitting up.

"Never mind that, what do you wanna do for the rest of today?" asked A.j

"J I hate to burst you bubble but today is over,” laughed Amber as she looked at A.j's puzzled face.

"What do you mean over?"

"Alex it's night time."

A.j looked out the window and sure enough it was.

"Thanks smartass." He replied.

"Your welcome."

Just then A.j's cell began to ring. He went to pick it up but Amber got to it first.

"Hello?" Amber asked and was greeted by another mans deep voice.

"Hello?" asked to voice. "If you don't mind me asking who is this?"

"This is Mr. McLean's personal secretary." Amber joked and looked over at A.j who was looking back at her grinning.

"Would Mr. McLean happen to be around?" joked back the voice, catching on to the joke.

"I don't know, let me check." Amber took the phone away from her ear for a second then put it back. "I think Mr. McLean is still on the premises, would you like to talk to him?" she asked, trying not to laugh at all the funny faces A.j was doing.

"I think I like talking to you better, so what's your name?" the voice joked.

"Kevin, it's me! Amber!" she yelled into the phone only to be met by Kevin's laughter.

"I figure if A.j isn't home he's at your house."

"True, True."

"Well since I got you on the phone, what's up Amby?"

"Nothing much, just babysitting a rugrat."

"HEY!" yelled A.j and Kevin laughed.
Seven by Destiny
Chapter 7

"Well Amby I'll let you go tend to your baby and tell him I'm sorry about Julie. He's gotta hang in there and be strong."

"Yeah, but don't worry I got it all under control." A.j lifted his head at that last comment. Kevin stayed on the phone a few more minutes with Amber but had to go get ready for his date.

"So what did Kevin want?" A.j asked

"Nothing, just wanted to check up on you."

"Why did you mean when you said you had it under control?"

"Ohh he knows about Julie."

"How?" A.j asked as Amber turned on the TV to MTV news and sure enough it was there. Amber and A.j listened to the news reporter.

"And that's all for that subject but stay tuned up next: He's rough on the outside but smooth on the inside and he told you his love was all he had to give, yep were talking about Backstreet boy, A.j McLean but what if that wasn't enough? Don't touch that dial, to story of the break up with long time girlfriend, Julie Thompson up next.

Amber turned off the TV and turned to A.j who had an expressionless face.

"I'm sorry J, you know how those reporters are, they don't give a shit about other peoples feelings, and they just make money off of it." They sat in silence for what seemed to be an eternity when A.j finally spoke.

"Baby girl I don't know what I'd do If I didn't have you. Why can't I find someone like you? A woman who I know loves me for me and won't just run off and leave me." Amber reached over and held him as he softly cried..."I'm afraid of being alone."

"Your not alone J. You got me, your mom, your fans and the guys."

"I know." A.j said as he pulled back from Amber and wiped away his tears.

"I'm here for you, you do know that right?"

"Yes." He answered

"Good."

A few hours later A.j was asleep on Amber's couch. She smiled at him and kissed his cheek as the phone rang. She got up and answered it in the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey Amber it's Brian."

Amber felt her face get red; she had the biggest crush on Brian ever since she was 16.
Eight by Destiny
Chapter 8

"Hi."

"I just called to see how he's doing."

Amber sighed. "I honestly don't know Brian, he just had his heart broken yesterday and now it's all over the news, it's hard to deal with it if it’s all over the TV. It’s like a constant reminder."

"Poor guy, he's normally so full of life and stuff."

"Yeah."

There was a short pause.

"Amber this may sound out of place right now seeing how you’re busy taking care of J but would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?"

Amber was shocked. "Did Brian just ask her out? The object of her desire?” she thought.

"I'll take that as a no." said a disappointed Brian.

"NO! I mean yes! Yes, I'll go out with you tomorrow.

"Really?" Brian asked, happy she said yes.

"Yeah."

"Amber? Amber where are you?" said a faint voice from the living room.

"Brian I gotta go." "Un huh, yeah you to bye."

Amber hung up the phone and returned to the living room to find A.j awake and looking for her.

"There you are." A.j said as he ran over and hugged his best friend. Amber smiled and pulled back.

"Gosh J I didn't know you missed me that much." she joked.

"You know me. Well anyways I'm going home and pack some things, I'm going to stay with my mom a while."

Amber smiled; no matter how old you get sometimes you need to be held by mom to know everything is all right.

"What tired of me already?" she joked.

"Never. Hey why don't you come with me? I know my mom would love to see you."

"I would J but I..."Amber stopped herself. She couldn't tell A.j she had a date with Brian. That would hurt him too much especially since he just got dumped.

"Have to work tomorrow." She came up with a quick lie and felt bad seeing the disappointment in his eyes. "But call me when you get there ok?" She tried to sound cheerful as possible.
Nine by Destiny
Chapter 9

"K." Amber walked him to the door and gave him a hug. "Be strong J, be strong." and with that he got in his car and left.

The next afternoon Amber was running around her room trying to figure out what to wear for her date with Brian. Since they were in Florida they where going to Disney World. A.j had called her earlier that morning to tell her he had a safe flight and that Denise sends her love. Amber always thought of Denise like a second mother to her. And A.j thought of Amber's parents as his as well, especially her dad, Matthew. Amber's dad was the only real father figure he had. Matthew did a lot of father son activities with A.j cause in a way he felt like he had a son. Amber continued to search for out fits when she decided to wear dark blue hip-huggers and a baby blue tank top had one strap to go over her right shoulder and matching sandals. She put her hair up and put on some lip-gloss. She never wore foundation cause she didn't want to ruin her skin, besides A.j always told her she looked beautiful with out it. That made her smile. He was always such a charmer. The ringing of the doorbell took her from her thoughts. She checks herself one more time before answering the door. There stood Brian with a wide smile on his face.

"Amber you look beautiful." he said, looking her up and down.

"Thanks." Amber could feel her face redden. "You look nice as well."

Brian was wearing kaki pants with a white wife beater covered by a dark blue shirt, dark blue baseball cap and white up-towns.

"Thanks."

~*~Meanwhile~*~

A.j was out with his mom shopping. If there was anything in the world that made A.j happy was shopping. Amber always told him, he basically had to whole mall in his closet and that the mall would have to buy things from him. That thought made A.j smile.

"Now that's the first time I've seen you smile all day." Denise said. "What where you thinking about?"

"Nothing just Amber, I miss her." A.j replied.

"I see." Now it was Denise’s turn to smile.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Mom."

"Alex." she smiled, looking at him and then back to the road.

A.j just shook his head and looked out the window and wondered what Amber was doing.
Ten by Destiny
Chapter 10 ~*~Meanwhile~*~ "No! There is no way I'm getting on that,” said Amber. Brian was trying to convince her to get on a roller coaster but she refused. "Come on it won't be that bad." "Brian I'm not going but don't let little old me stop you go right ahead." "Please." "Unless you wanna find out what I had for lunch I suggest you stop,” she joked. Brian laughed and begged her again. "Pretty please with sugar on top?" "Nope sorry. I'd much rather stay here...with my feet on the ground, where am safe. But I'll wait for you right here." said Amber pointing to a near by bench. "Fine." Brian pouted which made Amber laugh and he smiled kissed her cheek and went to wait in line. Over his shoulder he yelled don't go anywhere. "How can I your my ride home." she joked. After many rides and games later they were both tired. "You ready to go?" Brian asked. "Yeah, but wait...look!" Brian looked at where Amber was pointing. It was a photo booth. As soon as the other couple where done Brian got in and Amber sat on his lap and they took four pictures. One they looked scared, another they looked goofy, one they smiled and on the last on Brian kissed Amber full in the mouth and she kissed him back. Amber placed her hand around Brian's neck and he put his around her waist. All Amber could think about was how good it felt to have Brian's lips on her. They slowly pulled apart and looked at each other. ~*~Meanwhile~*~ A.j and his mother had just finished dinner and where outside sitting on the back porch talking about any and everything. He loved their conversations because no matter what was going wrong his mother could find the silver line to every gray cloud just like Amber. (AN: I think that's the right saying...lol I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time..lol) Once again he was thinking about Amber but why? He always goes on tour for months at a time, calls her and yeah miss' her but this was something different, a feeling he couldn't explain and it confused him.

AN: I know the chapters are really short but I wrote this story over two years ago and I keep them this way because it reminds me of my inprovement. Please review! I'll update more tonight!

Eleven by Destiny
Chapter 11

"I'm sorry Amber I shouldn’t have..." Brian started to explain but was cut off by Amber.

"No, it's ok really, I kinda enjoyed it." she smiled.

"Well in that case I'll let you enjoy it again." they both smiled and softy kissed again.

After they broke apart Brian and Amber walked to his car and he drove her home. On the way there they sung along with the radio and laughed at one another when they didn't know the words. They soon arrived at Amber’s house and being the gentleman that he is Brian walked her to the door.

"Brian I had a great time tonight." Amber said with the brightest smile.

“Really? Me to. Maybe we can do it again sometime?”

“Sure.”

“What are you doing tomorrow?” asked Brian.

“Nothing much, why?”

“I was just wondering if maybe you would like to go to dinner and catch a movie later with me?”

Was this really happing? Amber thought.

“Yes I’d love to.” Brian smiled.

“So I’ll pick you up around 7:30, is that ok?”

“Perfect.”

“Just like you.” Brian thought and kissed Amber goodnight and went home.

Amber unlocked her front door and walked in. She had the biggest smile on her face.
She dropped her keys on the kitchen counter and noticed her answer machine light was blinking so she went over to check it.

~Beep~

“Hey Amber it’s me J.” came A.j’s voice through the machine and Amber’s smile dropped. She remembered how she lied to him about having to work just to go out behind his back to go out with Brian. “Just checkin up on ya, don’t work yourself to hard ok?” he chuckled and added “I miss you baby girl, I miss you a lot, wish you where here it sure would make my life a lot easier but I understand you have to work, well anyways I’ll let you go, as always my mom sends her love and I send you mine. Love you angel…bye.”

~Beep~
Twelve by Destiny
Chapter 12


Amber thought about calling him back right then and there but deicide not to. If she did he would ask her about her day and once again she would have to lie to him and hurt even more then she was already. “But shouldn’t he be happy for me?” Amber thought. “I know Brian would never do anything to hurt me and I’ve known him a long time.” But no matter what Amber knew it wasn’t time to tell A.j about her and Brian. He would go straight into big brother mode but then again the lies would continue. Amber sighed, walked upstairs and took a nice hot shower, got into bed and tried to get some sleep.

The next few weeks where both heaven and hell for Amber. A.j called almost everyday and begged for her to visit him, she would always laugh and say,” J it’s only been two weeks since you saw me.” But never the less she loved the feeling of being needed. On the other hand Amber spent a lot of time with Brian. Their relationship was going great and all the guys knew about except of course A.j for obvious reasons.

“Hey guys!” said Nick as Amber and Brian approached him and the guys hand in hand. Earlier that day Kevin had invited them all over for a cook out since it was such a nice day.

“Hi.”

“Hey.” Replied Brian.

“Glad you two love birds could make it.” Joked Kevin as he walked over and hugged a blushing Amber.

“Wouldn’t miss your cooking for the world Kev.” Answered Amber.

“I know. I’m the best.” Kevin said, placing his hand on his heart and looking towards the sky.

“Oh brother now you’ve done it Amber.” Joked Howie.

“Hey leave Amby alone, she can cater to my ego anytime.” Kevin said, as he stepped in front of Amber.

“You guys are something else you know that?” asked Amber. Causing everyone to laugh.

Everyone sat around the picnic table Kevin had outside and laughed and talked. Every few minutes Kevin would get up to check the grill.

“So Kev, what made you wanna have this nice little get together?” asked Amber.

“Well since we have a little time off and we all don’t get to see very much of you Amby that we should have a little party.”

“For little old me?” Amber asked, imitating a southern accent.
Thirteen by Destiny
Chapter 13


“Yep for little old you.” Answered Brian as he leaned over and softy kissed her temple.

“Oh god must you two do that?” asked Nick.

“Nick when your old enough to have a stable relationship you’ll understand what it means to be in love.” Answered Brian, which made Amber smile.

Love? Was I hearing properly when Brain said we were in love? Amber thought to herself and sighed happily.

Nick just rolled his eyes and muttered “Whatever….I don’t think A.j’s going to be happy when he finds out.”

Even though he said it low everyone heard him except Kevin and Howie, they where bringing the food to the table.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

“Alex honey I’ll be back in about in hour ok? I’m going to pick up some groceries do you want me to bring you something back?” asked Denise.

“Naw that’s ok, I’m straight.” (AN: no pun intended...lol)

“Ok sweetheart.” Said Denise and left.

A.j sat on the couch and channel surf until he came up on a soap opera. He sat and watched a few minutes. It was the basic theme, guy likes girl, girl likes guy, breaks up with guy, and guy falls for best friend, being a girl. A.j laughed lightly at how much this story was just like his life. Except for the falling for his best friend. This made him think. He had came to his mom’s to get over Julie but in the reality he never once thought about her since he’d been there, he only thought about Amber. This caused him to smile. He loved Amber. She was the one he could count on to never lie to him or break his heart.

“Am I in love with Amber?” he thought to himself. “Or am I just fooling myself.”

A.j sat there and thought about this. Then a smile appeared as he looked around the room and spotted a picture of him and Amber. The picture was taken on his 24th Birthday; Amber had thrown him a surprise party, which was hard because it was hard keeping it a secret from him. In the picture A.j was sitting on a chair with Amber on his lap with his arms around her, smiles on their faces.

“We make a cute couple.” A.j said out loud to him self.

“Yeah I think so to.” Came a voice.

A.j turned around to see his mom walking through the door hands full of groceries, so he got up and helped her carry the bags. Once everything was put away Denise turned to her son with a knowing smile.
Fourteen by Destiny
Chapter 14


“Yes mom?” asked A.j, trying to play dumb.

“Nothing, just glad you finally realized it.”

“Realized what?” asked A.j, as he followed his mom into the living room. She stopped and held up the picture A.j had been looking at just a few minutes ago. A.j sighed and smiled. “ I can’t keep anything for you mom, can I?”

“Nope.” She returned his smile.

“But mom I don’t wanna go back and tell Amber how I feel, it would freak her out! And I don’t wanna ruin our friendship, I’d be lost without her.”

“I know sweetheart but sometimes you have to take a risk…a risk for love. You never know she might feel the same about you.” Denise couldn’t believe she was telling A.j to take a risk when normally she was the one trying to talk him out of it.

“But what if she doesn’t, I mean then I will be alone and hurting even more then when I started.”

“No mater what A.j Amber loves you. If it’s like a friend, brother or something more you’ll never find out if you don’t tell her how you feel.”

A.j looked at his mom and smiled. “You always know the right things to say mom, I love you.”

“I love you to.” She hugged him. “Now go get the woman of your dreams.”

A.j smiled and ran to his room and began to pack. Tomorrow he was going back to Florida and put his heart out on the line.
Fifteen by Destiny
Chapter 15


~*~Meanwhile~*~

The cook out was over. After Nick’s little comment Amber really didn’t feel like eating. She was just shocked at what he had said but didn’t say anything; she really didn’t feel like fighting with anyone. She was going to need as many friends as she could get once A.j knew. Brian walked her up to her doorstep like he did every time they went out. This night was different though.

“Baby is something bothering you?” Brian asked as Amber looked at the ground suddenly finding it very interesting. Brian placed a finger under her chin and forced her to meet his eyes. “Amber why are you crying?” concern filling his eyes.

Amber pushed away from him and tried to open the door but her tears blurred her vision. “I lied to him.”

“Lied to who baby?”

“Alex.”

Brian was silent. He for one felt bad as well for not telling A.j but he was allowed to be happy and that was what he was…happy with Amber. He wanted to tell A.j that he felt bad for his break up with Julie and all but there is no happiness with out suffering. But then he thought…it would be hard for him to see it that way seeing that A.j is a very stubborn person.

“Brian?” Amber asked barely above a whisper.

“Yeah?”

“Can we go somewhere tomorrow just the two of us and try to figure out what we are going to do when A.j gets back?”

Brian sighed; he knew that would be the best thing to do.

“Yeah, I’’ pick you up around 1:30 ok?”

“Yeah.” Amber leaned in a kissed Brian softly on the lips and they said good night.

The next day it was about 1:00 when Amber was waiting for Brian to arrive. Then the doorbell rang, she got up and went to answer the door, expecting Brian.

“A.j?”
Sixteen by Destiny
Chapter 16

Amber couldn't believe her eyes. Here stood A.j at her doorstep with a wide smile on his face.

"If he knew what I have to tell him he wouldn’t be smiling that's for sure." Amber thought to herself. But put on a smile on for his sake. She looked A.j over; he was wearing dark blue Tommy Hilfiger jeans and a white wife beater that had the logo in the middle. "Dame he looks good." she thought. But dismissed that thought from her head, she was with Brian now. Amber's eye's rested upon a teddy bear A.j was holding. The bear was white and holding a big red heart, which read the letters, I love you in the middle.

"Well aren’t you going to invite me in?" A.j asked, his voice breaking Amber's train of thought.

"Yeah, sure." she replied and moved aside to allow him to enter.

The both sat on the couch in silence, waiting for the other to speak.

"A.j I..."

"Amber I..."

They started at the same time then laughed.

"You go first,” said A.j

Amber became really nervous and a little bit scared to tell him about her and Brian. She wasn't sure how he was going to handle it. A soft whisper came from her lips.

"I lied."

"Lied about what baby girl?"

Amber looked down at her hands as her eye's began to fill with tears that where begging to fall.

"I lied to you...all those times when you called and check up on me I lied, I didn’t have to work." She couldn't cry not in front of him, she had to stay strong but got scared when A.j didn't say anything.

"Baby girl is that what your worried about?" he asked, "Don't worry about it, I understand if you didn't want to go don't feel bad...." He started but Amber cut him off.

"You don't understand J...I lied!"

"I understand that but...." he started but was cut off again.

"I lied to you so I wouldn't have to come with you to your mom's...I'm an awful friend ya know? At the time when you needed me most I should had been there for you and I wasn't." Amber got up and walked into the kitchen and A.j followed closely behind. Amber was looking out her kitchen window; A.j came up behind her and tried to place his arms around her.

"NO! Don’t touch me...everything I touch turns to shit."

"Amber you don't understand...I forgive you for not wanting to come with me, it's ok I'm not going to hold it against you."

Amber turned around. "No J you don't understand." she spat back at him and it came out a little harsher then expected. A.j looked at her with hurt in his eyes. Amber felt bad, she knew she was the reason he was hurting. A.j placed one arm around Amber's waist and the other to her chin and make eye contact with him. She looked up into his big brown eyes and saw something she never saw before. She saw love. All the pain and confusion was turned into love. A.j leaned in and sofly placed his lips on hers. Amber couldn’t believe this was happing. She placed her hands behind his neck to deepen the kiss. She knew she shouldn’t be doing this but it felt so right. This was something she'd never experienced before in her life. To feel A.j's warm lips and tongue exploring her mouth was heavenly. Amber slipped her hands under his shirt to feel his firm, muscular but smooth stomach and A.j slipped his hands un her shirt and began to un-hook Amber's bra.

"Wait, I can't do this." Amber said breaking the kiss and looked at A.j who had an understanding look on his face. He respected Amber and didn't want to push her into having sex with him. She was a virgin and if she wasn’t ready he'd wait. "I'm with someone Alex."
Seventeen by Destiny
Chapter 17

If there where any words that could explain how A.j felt when she said that...forget it because words couldn't describe how he felt. “How could this be possible?” he thought, “How can a person keep on having their heart broken over and over again.” They stood there staring at each other when the sound of the doorbell filled the house.

“Brian.” Amber said softly.

“Brian?!?” repeated A.j with a confused and angry look on his face. Amber looked at him.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“Yeah…me to.” And with that he walked to the front door and swung it open, Brian stated to say hi but chose not to, judging by the look on his face.

“A.j I can explain.” Brian started to defend himself.

“Ohh really? Well explain it to me Brian!! Explain to me how two of the most important people can lie to me as if I don’t have feelings!”

“A.j you should be happy Amber’s found someone. You know of all people I would never hurt her, I….”

“Don’t you dare say you love her!!” A.j yelled and Amber walked up next to Brian and held his hand. Brian looked at her and gave her a small smile. “Don’t look at her like that!”

“A.j I…”

“Save it Amber. I don’t wanna hear your shit right now!”

“Well I’m sorry but you gonna have to!” Amber yelled back at him, finding confidence to stick up for herself. “Who was there for you when Julie left huh? Who was the one you came running to? Me Alex me!!”

“And!?!”

“Well don’t you think I get sick and tired of putting up with your shit? You go through relationships what? Every 5 minutes.”

“Well at least I have relationships!! I’m sorry if were all not as perfect as you Amber!” A.j spat back.

“I can’t have relationships because I’m to busy talking care of you!”

“I should go.” Brain said.

“NO! Stay with me Brian.”

Brian just nodded and walked into the house, he wanted Amber and A.j to work it out and then he was going to talk to A.j.

“Forget it!” yelled A.j and threw the teddy bear on the ground.

“I wanna be friends with you Alex and I want you to accept this.”

A.j looked at Amber. The love she saw in his eyes a few minutes ago was filled with coldness and hurt.

“Well I can’t and I won’t just accept this.” Said A.j, stressing the word accept. “I really hope sacrificing our friendship for him is worth it Amber, I really do. Because let me tell you something, life and love aren’t just one big fairy tale, not all love stories have a happy ending.”

“Yeah you should know, you and Amanda fit the “best couple of the year” category.”

Amber’s sarcastic remark stab A.j’s heart…it stabbed him deep.

“I’m sorry J I shouldn’t have…”

“You have no right to go there Amber!”

“Your right and I’m sorry.” She said a lot calmer.

“Yeah…a sorry excuse for a best friend.” A.j said coldly and walked away.

Amber stood there and watched him as he drove away, then she let the tears fall. Amber looked down at the teddy bear A.j had bought her and held it against her chest and walked back into her house. She slid down her door, resting on the floor, crying her eyes out. Their argument played over and over in her mind.

“Why are you acting this way Alex?” Amber asked out loud to herself.

“He’s in love with you.” Came a voice and Amber turned to meet Brian’s eyes.
Eighteen by Destiny
Chapter 18

Amber just sat there staring at Brian.

"What?"

"Come on Amber, it's the only explanation why his acting like this. A.j and I have known each other a very long time and I know he trusts me."

"Brian A.j is just in big brother mode, he doesn't feel that way about me." Amber said, trying to convince herself more than Brian. "That would explain the kiss." she thought to herself but dismissed it, there was no way he felt this way about her and even if he did why did it take him this long to say something? Amber felt so confused.

"Brian I have to tell you something. Before you got here A.j..."

"Let me guess...he kissed you."

"How did you know?"

"That's what any guy would do. Amber put yourself in his shoes and tell me you wouldn't feel the same as he does."

"I would but Brian I don't wanna be with him that way...I wanna be with you and only you and Alex is just gonna have to accept that." Amber said through her tears.

"Are you sure? You don't feel that way about him?"

"Yes."

~*~Meanwhile~*~

A.j pulled into his driveway, got out his car and went inside. Once he locked the door he slowly made his way to his bedroom, striping off his clothes as he went to take a hot shower. After his shower A.j felt a little more relaxed. He lay across his bed; in his towel (AN: Imaging A.j with a towel around his waist laying across a bed *hot flash* LOL) still laying down A.j felt for his remote for his stereo and turned it on.
A song called “Falling” was on and he softly sang along.

"I don't know why But girl it seems You've touched my life You're in my dreams You're in my heart I'm by myself When we're apart, Something strange has come over me A raging wind across my seas And girl you know that your eyes are to blame And what am I supposed to do If I can't get over you I come to find that you don't feel the same.”

A.j realized how the song related to his situation but continued to sing as he walked over to his closet and changed into boxers.

"Cause I'm fallin' Girl I'm fallin' for you And I pray your fallin' too I've been fallin' fallin' Ever since the moment I laid eyes on you. Will you stay or will you go Heaven, heaven knows what my future holds Questions, questions linger on my mind Day break from day break to dark of night I'm fallin' I don't know what's come over me I’m fallin’.”

After the song ended A.j cut off his stereo and climbed into bed and once again, but without Amber, try to escape his broken heart with sleep.
Nineteen by Destiny
Chapter 19


~*~Meanwhile~*~

"Are you sure you wanna do this Amber? We don't have to if you’re not ready." Brian asked as he lay with Amber on her bed.

"Yeah I’m sure." she replied and gave him a small smile.

It was as if everything was going in slow motion when Brian leaned over and kissed Amber's soft, full lips. His kisses felt good but not as good as A.j's. Amber thought but dismissed it just as quickly as it had came. Brian moved his hands up and down Amber's stomach and began to kiss her neck.

"Alex." Amber let escape her mouth in a moan and Brian stopped and looked at her in surprise.

"Amber why did you just..."

"I'm sorry Brian it's just I have A.j on my mind that's all."

"Are you sure you don't have feelings for him?" Brian asked a little afraid of her answer.

"Yeah." Amber said but sounded unsure of herself.

"Maybe I should go."

"No please don't leave me." Amber pleaded.

"I think it's best if I go home but I'll call you tomorrow ok?" Brian asked and Amber nodded. "You just need some time alone to figure out some things and there’s nothing wrong with that." Brian said, walking to the door. Brian kissed Amber on the cheek and left. Amber walked back to her bedroom and sat by the window and looked at the star filled sky. Amber felt something soft under her so she moved to see what it was; it was the teddy bear that A.j had. She looked at it and let her fingers trace the words on the bear's heart. After a few more minutes Amber took a nice long bubble bath to calm her nerves. She came out the bathroom feeling refreshed but not tired. So she changed into her pink pajama pants and matching tank top and slip on her pink flip-flops, put her hair into a messy bun and walked out the door and to her car. Amber didn't know where she was going in till she came upon a house that was so familiar to her, A.j's. Amber sat in her car, deciding rather or not to go talk to him but then after awhile thought it would be best not to so she drove back home.

A.j sat in his window and watched as Amber drove off. Part of him wanted to hold her but the other part wanted nothing to do with her, push her away but he knew he couldn’t do that to someone he loved. A.j picked up the phone and called his mother, she would know what to say to make this all better.

“Hello?” answered Denise’s tired voice.

“She doesn’t love me.”

“Alex? Sweetheart what’s wrong?” she asked more awake now then before.

“I told her mom and I even kissed her but come to find out when I was gone she started dating someone and that’s not the worse part…it’s Brian!”

“Sweetie I’m so sorry, if I had never…”

“It’s ok…it’s not your fault.” A.j said with a sigh. There was a short silence then Denise spoke.

“I know some news that might cheer you up. Do you remember Krista?”

Krista, Amber and A.j grew up together till Krista’s parents got divorced and she went to live with her mom in California when she was ten. Krista was on the heavy side but still a beautiful person inside and out. Her and Amber where like sisters, inseparable…that is in till she moved, she didn’t know why but they had seem to lose contact with each other and the same with A.j and Krista. She had a crush on A.j when they where younger but never said anything about it because she didn’t want to ruin their friendship, she was just happy to be around him.

“Krista?” A.j said and them though about it some more. “Oh yeah, I haven’t seen her in awhile, why?”

“Well she’s on her way to coming into town for a week or so, I know you guys haven’t seen one another since you where ten but still I think it might do you some good to be around her.”

“Yeah, maybe.” A.j said with sadness still in his voice. “Mom I gotta go ok?”

“Ok sweetie, I love you.”

“Love you to. Bye.”

“Bye.”

A.j tried to get comfortable in he’s bed and get some sleep.
Twenty by Destiny
Chapter 20

The next couple of days where really hard, all the guys knew about the Amber/Brian/A.j situation but didn’t know what they could about it, so they all kept there distance for a while. A.j was sitting on his couch watching Next Friday when his doorbell sounded thought the house. He reluctantly got up to open it, whoever it was he wasn’t in the mood to deal with them, he just wanted to be left alone…just for a while. A.j open the door and was surprised to see this beautiful woman on his doorstep. She was about 5’5, light green eyes, black hair that came to her shoulders, medium figure and a bright smile plastered on her face.

“Well, don’t I get a hug or something Mr. McLean?” she said.

Even though he hadn’t seen her in so long he never would forget the sound of her voice.

“Krista?” he asked.

“The one and only.” She smiled and he pulled her in for a hug.

“God it’s good to see you. Please come in.” he said and stepped aside for her to enter. She went to grab her suitcase but A.j stopped her. “Here, let me.”

“Thanks.”

“Anything for a pretty lady.” A.j said smiled and winked at her, she felt her heart skip a beat.

“Nice house McLean.”

“Thanks.” He said not taking his eyes off her. They both sat down in the living room and caught up on things about each other and past relationships just laughing and having a good time.

“Man Krista how long has it been since we last saw each other?”

“I think about 14 years, that’s a really long time.”

“Yeah, if you don’t mind me asking and I don’t mean to sound rude or anything but why are you here?”

“My little sister is finally getting married.”

“Katie? Little Katie?” A.j asked in disbelief.

“Yep.”

“Wow, I guess I always knew she would get married.”

“I’m happy for her, she’s found someone to love her and share her life with…some of us aren’t so lucky.” Krista finished and looked down at hands.

“I know what you mean.” A.j agreed.

“So Alex how’s Amber?”

A.j tensed up at the mention of her name. “She’s ok.”

“That’s good to hear. I missed you guys a lot.”

A.j smiled and hugged her. “I missed you to.”

“God he smells so good.” Krista thought to herself after they pulled apart.

“So where are you staying while you’re here?”

“I’m staying with my sister.” She answered.

“Well not any more, your staying right here and hey, look at it this way all your bags are here so you might as well stay. We can catch up on old times.” He said and placed an arm around her and smiled.

“Well…Ok.” She returned his smile.
21 by Destiny
Chapter 21

A.j smiled, he was happy she'd stay with him. After that Krista asked him if he would be her date for the wedding and he said yes.

"So I take it your the maid of honor for little Katie?"

"Yep, it's weird you know? Watching my baby sister get married before I do, it kinda makes me feel old." Krista smiled and so did A.j.

"You know you’ve changed a lot since the last time I saw you."

"What?" Krista asked innocently. " You expected to see a ten year old with no shape, very flat chest and no ass? Sorry to disappoint you McLean." she laughed and so did he.

"No, I knew you where going to grow up to be a fine young woman, not that you weren’t back then but it's just...different now."

Krista nodded in agreement. "I could say the same about you Alex. When I left you didn't have all those tattoos and if my memory is correct you didn't color your hair every five seconds." she laughed and ruffled his hair a bit.

"Hey, Hey watch the hair!" he said joking around. There was something in her laugh that mesmerized him. It was refreshing to have her here with him as if god had finally answered his prayers. But no matter how much a beautiful person she was inside and out A.j couldn't just take his mind off Amber. He missed her, he needs her, to hold her, but most of all to love her, but that seemed imposable at the moment.

"Alex are you ok?" Krista asked worriedly

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Krista looked him in the eyes and said. "I can tell when someone is hiding something but if you don't wanna talk about it it's fine, I won't pry." Krista said with the most calming voice and A.j knew she was telling the truth, something he's so called friends wouldn't do.

"It's about Amber." He started. "We had a fight a couple of days ago."

"Really? You and Amber are the last people on earth I thought would ever fight. What was it about?"

A.j was about to tell Krista he was in love with Amber but decided not to. It would be much easier to forget about loving her if he didn't say it out loud.

"She lied to me, when you have a friendship with someone your suppose to stay true and honest and be there for them when they need you ya know? A friend is someone you can depend on to tell you the honest to god truth and be there when it seems like the world has turned it's back on you." "I'm guessing you know about my break up with my ex-girlfriend, Julie?"

"Yes."
22 by Destiny
Chapter 22


"Well that same night we broke up I went over to Amber's just to have comfort from someone, a very close friend, well who I once thought of her that way. Well being a celebrity has it's up's and down's but the night after the break up it was all over MTV news and stuff so I went home to let things blow over."

Krista nodded for him to continue.

"When I got there I realized how much I missed her. I wanted her to be with me and help me get through this. I called her almost everyday to check up on her, she had told me the reason why she could come with me was because she was working when all along she was lying to me and going out with one of my best friends, Brian."

"She should have told you instead of lying to you, why would Amber do something like this? Doesn’t she respect your friendship?"

"I think that's why she did it. She was afraid that if I found out it would crush me, seeing how I had just gotten out a relationship. But all it really did was hurt me even more. Don't get me wrong I really do wanna see Amber happy with someone, I really do it's just..."

"You want that someone to be you." Krista finished for him.

A.j nodded slowly.

"Krista, you ever loved somebody who didn't love you back?" A.j asked and looked her in the eyes.

"Yeah." she answered sadly. "I'm in love with you,” she thought to herself.

Now it was A.j's turn to be worried as he saw the sadness in her eyes. "Are you ok?" he asked, stressing the word you.

"I will be...I will be."

A.j thought about it for a minute then realized why Krista was so sad.

"Krista do you..."

"It's ok Alex really,” she answered before he could finish the question but he asked it anyways.

"Do you have feelings for me?"

"Would you act weird around me if I said yes?"

"No. I mean who could resist me?" A.j asked in a joking manner and Krista laughed as well.

At that moment A.j realized something. Krista was a nice young lady and very understanding, he could talk to her just like he use to talk to...well...you know. Why couldn't he fall for Krista? He couldn't just sit there and be depressed over Amber, he had to move on and he knew this for a fact but was he ready to move on was the real question.
23 by Destiny
Chapter 23


It had been a little over a week since Amber had last seen A.j and that was just fine with her because she had Brian. But in the back of her mind she couldn't help but think about him. She missed him...a lot. Amber looked over at Brian; he was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. He was kind and sweet, hell she had liked him since she was 16, but no mater what he could never be A.j. The thought never had crossed Amber's mind that A.j had deeper feelings for her rather then friends, but then again he had just broke up with his girlfriend...she was nothing but rebound, a little toy he could play with but she refused to be that way. She was in love with Brian and she planed to prove it, not just to A.j but also to everyone.

"Hey baby?" Amber asked.

"Yeah?"

"One of my oldest friend's sister is getting married on Sunday and I was wondering if you would be my date?"

Brian turned and faced her with a smile and said. "There’s nothing I would love more."

"Great!" Amber beamed and gave Brian a very passionate kiss on the lips. "I want you to met one of my old friends, Krista! You'll love her, I haven’t seen her for awhile but I'm sure she hasn't changed that much."

Brian just smiled and continued to channel surf. Amber looked out the window with a smile. Her life would be perfect if it wasn't for A.j. Speaking of A.j...I wonder what he's doing right now?

~*~Meanwhile~*~

"A.j don't you dare!" Krista screamed as A.j chased her around his kitchen. He had tried to fix lunch for them but failed horribly. Krista was making fun of his cooking skills or should I say lack there of, so he picked up a hand full of wanna be macaroni and was about to throw it at her when she started running.

"Krista...Krista...Krista." A.j said as he slowly went around the table where Krista was standing.

"Alex...Alex...Alex." she mocked him. "You know I was just joking around with you when I said you couldn't cook right?" she said trying to defend herself but A.j just shook his head and smiled evilly and continued to close in on her. Krista looked around and found out that he had backed her in a corner, there was no way out. She set her eyes on A.j who was grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm gonna enjoy this." he laughed but was cut short by a piece of cake that was thrown in his face. He slowly wiped the frosting away from his eyes and looked at Krista, who was on the floor laughing her head off. "Ohh so you think that's funny huh?" A.j asked as he took a piece of the cake and rubbed it in Krista's face and she stopped laughing and A.j started.

"I can't believe you just did that." Krista said, wiped the frosting from her face and laughed.

"Well believe it baby."

After having a good laugh A.j reached for Krista's hand to help her up off the kitchen floor. That's when he first got a good look...a really good look into Krista's eyes. There he saw so much love and compassion...and warmth.

"What?" Krista asked with a smile on her face but received no answer. A.j slowly placed his lips on hers and she returned it. A.j slid his hands around her waist and deepened the kiss. It felt as it they had been kissing forever, it came so natural to them, as if they where meant to be together. Maybe just maybe Krista was A.j's forever. The one he had been searching for all his life. But then Amber flashed in is mind and he broke the kiss and looked away, anywhere but Krista's eyes.

"Look Alex, you don't have to worry about what happened here tonight, I know it was just a spur of the moment thing, its cool." Krista said, with sad eyes.

"No it's not ok. I'm so sorry, I’m playing with your feelings but I didn't mean to I swear." A.j said then placed his figure under Krista's chin. "You deserve someone who can return the love you have inside you...I can't at lease not right now...even though Amber may never be mine I still have to go through the heartache. But if wouldn’t be fair to you."

Krista nodded. "Alex can I ask you something?"

"You already did." he joked and Krista smiled.

"Silly. But if...if you didn't...have feelings for Amber...could..."

"Yes. I could see myself with you." he answered her question smiling, which made Krista blush.

“By the way McLean, your kisses taste like…” Krista licked her lips. “Like chocolate.” She joked and A.j busted out laughing.

“Likewise, likewise.”
24 by Destiny
Chapter 24

~*~Katie's Wedding day~*~

Katie, Krista's baby sister was fixing up the last bit of make-up when Krista walked in.

"Oh Katie you look wonderful."

Katie smiled. "Thanks." Her dress was white and fitted her nice figure just right, no sleeves and a beautiful Vail that sparked a little, not glitter, it made her look like a bright shining star. Her hair was put up in a bun with little pieces falling around it, she looked beautiful. "You look great too Kris."

"Thanks." Krista was wearing a light-peach colored dress, which reached the floor. The dress was also sleeveless and fitted her quite nicely as well. It was sexy but appropriate for the maid of honor. Her hair was curled and looked like they had little peach-colored stars in it.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

Amber and Brian sit in the church and wait for the wedding to start when Amber saw someone that looked familiar.

"Naw that couldn't be...could it?" Amber asked out loud softly to herself.

Just then music started to play as the bride's maids and groom's men made it down the isle so beautiful and gracefully. The Krista entered last before the bride. She walked down the isle with a big smile on her face. She locked eyes with A.j and he smiled back at her. He had never seen someone look as wonderful as Krista did. Next came the flower girl and then the bride. Katie walked down the isle toward the love of her life, David. When she reached him the music eased off and the ceremony began.

~*~The reception~*~

Everyone was laughing and having a great time dancing and taking loads of pictures. Amber and Brian made their way over to Katie.

"Congratulations Katie!" Amber smiled as she hugged her.

"Thanks Amber, I'm so glad you could come, it wouldn't have been the same without you." Katie beamed.

"Katie, this is my boyfriend Brian, Brian this is Katie."

"Hello." said Katie smiling.

"Hello, and congratulations." Brian replied.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Katie asked.

" About 2 1/2 weeks." Brian answered proudly and Katie smiled. "You had a beautiful wedding Katie, we'll invite you to ours when we have one." Brian said referring to Amber who blushed.

"Is this real? Could this man really be hers?" Marriage? Did she really hear plans of marriage come from Brian's lips?" Amber thought to herself and smiled. He could see herself so into Brian, being with him...forever, that is if A.j could accept to and move on. Amber dismissed A.j; she wasn't going to be in a rotten mood because of him. It wasn't her fault she fell in love with Brian...or was she in love with A.j? No that wasn't it, but then again she was thinking of him every time Brian kissed her. Imagining his lips on her. The way he had kissed her that day in her kitchen stayed in the back of her mind. She wanted to kiss him over and over and over again, to lay in his arms nothing sexual but just to feel him next to her...to make her a complete woman.

"Amber?" Katie asked, breaking her from her daydream.

"Huh?"

"Are you ok?"

"Was it the talk of marriage that made that smile appear on your face love?" Brian asked. And Amber felt guilty and lied.

"Yeah." she said with a fake smile.

"What's wrong with me?" Amber asked herself. Why was she lying all of a sudden? It was bad enough she lied to her best friend but to Brian? He didn't deserve it but then again neither did A.j. Amber decided not to think about it right now. She felt she needed to figure out her feelings because she felt so confused. Her mind was telling her be with Brian, he's good for you and her heart was screaming how much it wanted A.j and only A.j. He could love her and comfort her, protect her from the pain this world sometimes has to offer. She could be herself and not worry about anything...she could love him the way he needed to be loved and vice versa.

Brian smiled and look at Katie who returned it.

"Hey Katie have you seen Krista? I wanted to see her before she left to go back to Cali." Amber asked.

"She's around here somewhere. I don't know where though, you might wanna check the dance floor, you know she loves to dance." Just as Katie finished her sentence there was a lot of commotion going on, on the dance floor. People where cheering and hollering so Amber, Brian and Katie went over to see what all the hype was about.

"Go Krista, it's ya birthday!" David yelled at his new sister-in-law.

Krista and A.j where grinding on the dance floor to the song "To close", by Next. A.j was singing along with the song:

All the slow songs you requested
You're dancing like you're naked
Oh, it's almost like we're sexing (oh yeah)
Yeah boo, I like it
No, I can't deny it
But I know you can tell
I'm excited, oh girl

Then Krista took over, she lightly pushed A.j back and sung:

Step back you're dancing kinda close
I feel a little poke coming through
on you

"You show em' Kris!" yelled Jenna, one of her cousins.

A.j smiled and pulled Krista back up on him as the song continued.

Now girl I know you felt it
Boo you know I can't help it
You know what I wanna do

Baby when we're grinding
I get so excited
Ooh, how I like it
I try but I can't fight it
Oh, your dancing real close
Plus real real slow
(You know what you're doing, don't you)
You're making it hard for me

Amber and Brian watched in shock as A.j and Krista got a little.........to close.
25 by Destiny
Chapter 25

After the song ended Krista spotted Amber and ran over to her smiling.

"Amber! Oh my god it's so good to she ya!" Krista said as she hugged Amber and she hugged back.

"Krista, I've missed you so much." Amber said, matching Krista's expression. "Krista I want you to meet by boyfriend, Brian, Brian this is my friend Krista."

"Hi."

"Hi." said Brian smiling as he looked Krista over. She was a very attractive woman. Then his gaze turned to A.j who was walking towards them. When he got to them he placed an arm around Krista and kissed her cheek.

"Hey J." Brian said, trying to break the ice.

"Hi." He muttered back barely auditable and looked at Amber. "God she looks good." he thought. Amber was wearing light pink, short dress, short sleeves. Her hair was down and looked silky to the touch.

"So J, how have you been?" Amber asked and broke him out of his daze.

"I've been better." He said coldness in his voice. “Come on Kris lets dance some more.” A.j said and began to walk away with Krista.

“No! A.j we can’t just ignore this like it never happened.”

“Really Amber? Well watch me. I don’t need you or anyone to tell me what I can and can’t do hell I’m a 24-year-old man! If you wanna play mama go play it to him!” A.j said angrily as her pointed to Brian.

“A.j look…”


“No you look Brian, ever since I’ve known you you’ve been one of my best friends, a big brother to me, I thought I could trust the both of you but I was wrong, very wrong.”

“You can trust us J really you can.” Brian pleaded.

“How can I huh? Tell me how I’m suppose to trust you two once again when every word out your mouths was nothing but a bunch of lies? It’s your own fault we don’t have a friendship.”

“Why? Because you think you’ve fallen in love with her?” Brian asked, getting a little mad himself.

“I didn’t think, I know.” A.j spat back. Brian was about to say something when Amber broke into their argument.

"Can we talk?" she asked hopefully.

"There’s nothing to talk about,” he said as he walked toward the exit with Amber on his tail, leaving Krista and Brian standing there on the dance floor.

"What do you mean there's nothing to talk about J? Our friendship is on the line here." she asked once they where outside.

"Well last time I checked, you really didn't care about our friendship."

"Alex, please I don't wanna fight with you anymore, these last couple of weeks haven't been so pleasant for me."

"Oh really? So your pain counts but mine doesn't."

"We both know that's not what I meant."

"So what do you mean then Amber? Please tell me cause inquiring minds are waiting to know what it is Amber-im-to-good-for-anyone-Lynn Cortez meant."

"I'm not gonna talk to you when your like this."

"Does it look like I really give a rat's ass?"

"Why are you being like this?" Amber asked the question that she wanted to know the answer to for so long but was afraid of the answer.

"Why am I acting like this?" A.j asked as anger took over. "Well let’s see.......one of the most important people in my life, who I’ve known since forever and trusted, lied to me." Amber looked down; she couldn't disagree with him on that because that was what she had done. "Then behind my back went out with one of my best friends, who let's not forget lied to me as well, ya know I use to think that you and my mom where the only people in this world who actually understood me...well looks like that theory just bit me in the ass."

"Alex how many times do you want me to say I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!!"

"No I'm sorry Amber...for thinking you could love me more then just a friend." he said in a calm voice. "Who am I kidding, I'll never find someone...I'm destined to be alone." He said as he sat down on a nearby bench, Amber sat next to him.

"You’re not destined to be alone J.,” she said softly. She wanted to tell him anything to let him know he had found a way to her heart. And at that moment Amber realized, she was in love. She was in love with a boy she has watched become a man and fulfill all his wildest dreams, and that man was A.j but she still had some feeling for Brian so she shouldn’t act on them just yet. Amber hesitated for a minute rather or not to hug him but then she did. She held him and then after a while he returned the hug. It felt so good to have he near. A.j loved the feeling Amber's hugs had, almost as if they where protecting him. A.j slowly pulled away and looked into her gray eyes, their noses where touching. He cupped her face with his hands and smiled.


"Thank you." he said softy.

"Your welcome." she said just as soft. A.j kissed her on the cheek and got up.
26 by Destiny
Chapter 26


"We better get inside, our dates are probably thinking we have killed each other." he joked and Amber laughed, and it felt so good to laugh. She missed that feeling and she never wanted to lose it...she didn't wanna lose A.j, he was her everything. They made it back into the reception; everyone was still dancing and laughing. Amber and A.j walked over to Krista and Brian who were sitting at a table laughing and talking with each other. When they got their A.j smiled at Brian and asked Krista to dance and she accepted and they made their way to the dance floor as Meredith Edwards’ “I’m ready to fall in love tonight” came on and filled the room with old and new couples coming to the dance floor.

"So what happened?" Brian asked as he kissed Amber's hand.

"I think he accepted it, I really do." she said looking at A.j and Krista dance closely.

"That's a good thing right? Your not regretting it are you?" Brian asked.

"Nope." she said and gave him a fake smile before turning her gaze back to A.j and Krista.

As much as he didn't want to admit it Brian could see that Amber had fallen’ for A.j, even if she herself didn't know it.

"Hey let's dance." Brian said and took her hand and led her to the dance floor. They were a couple of people away from A.j and Krista but Amber could see them clearly, they where having a great time. Amber felt a little jealous to see them getting along so well. But continued to dance with Brian. A.j looked up and spotted Amber and smiled and she returned it. Then looked back at Krista and said something that made her giggle as they continued to dance to the song.

I get a feeling I can't explain
Whenever your eyes met mine
My heart spins in circles
And I lose all space in time
But now that were standing
Face-to-face
Something tell's me it's gonna be ok

A.j’s eyes once again found Amber’s and stayed locked with hers as the song continued to play.

And I'm ready to fall in love tonight
I'm ready to hold my heart open wide
I can't promise forever but baby I'll try
I'm ready to fall in love tonight

I know you've been watching choosing
Your moment
But I've been waiting for that day
No one before you has gotten to me this way
And now that were standing
Face-to-face
There’s something I need to say

I'm ready to fall in love tonight
I'm ready to hold my heart open wide
I can't promise forever but baby I'll try
I'm ready to fall in love tonight

Nothing is certain this I know
Wherever were headed
I'm ready to go
ohhh

“Could she be feeling what I’m feeling?” A.j asked himself, he and Amber’s eyes never leaving on another.

I can't promise forever but baby I'll try
I'm ready to fall in love tonight

In love tonight....
In love tonight....

I'm ready to fall in love tonight
27 by Destiny
Chapter 27

After the song ended a man around his early 30s took the microphone and spoke to the guests.

“Alright you all know what time it is, it’s time for the bouquet toss. You all know how it goes, all the single ladies report to the dance floor! I repeat all the single ladies report to the dance floor.” The man said.

“Excuse me Alex.” Krista asked politely and walked to the dance floor.

“What? I don’t count for anything?” he joked and Krista laughed and continued to her destination.

“Go on you know you want to Amber.” Brian said smiling. Amber looked at him from her piece of wedding cake she hadn’t touched.

“Brian the guy said all the single ladies.” Amber said, stressing the word single.

“But you are single.”

This caused Amber to look him straight in the eyes. “Wha…what did you just say?”
Brian looked at her with sad eyes and tried to smile but it was to hard to, he had to end it before it got to far and to deep to hurt anymore then it did right now.

“I said you are single. Amber look at me and tell me you don’t love him, can you?” Brian asked. Amber looked down. “See, you can’t…because it would be a lie.”

“But Brian I not sure about what I want, maybe it’s just cause I missed him so much, not having him in my life to share my happiness is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do.”

“Are you happy with me? I don’t wanna hold you back from him or anything for that matter.”

“Yes Brian I’m happy with you.” Said Amber. That wasn’t a complete lie. She did have feelings for Brian. Maybe the way she thought she felt about A.j was just a spur of the moment kind of thing…yeah that was it, it didn’t mean anything. Amber looked over to A.j’s table and watched as he smiled at Krista who was in the bouquet toss.

“Ok ladies are ya ready?” Katie asked with a huge smile on her face.

“Yeah.” All ladies said back to her, almost in unison. Katie smiled and counted to three and faked throwing the bouquet and laughed.

“Come on Katie stop playing around with us.” Jenna joked at her cousin. Katie said ok but then did the same thing.

“Katie if you don’t throw that bouquet soon I’m gonna end up taking it from you.” Krista joked at her sister.

“Oh so Krista is a little excited to get married.” Katie joked back and looked at A.j. “Alex can you handle my sister?”

A.j smiled and joked back. “She knows who the real boss is.” His comment made everyone laugh.

“Oh really McLean?” Krista asked back smiling. She walked over to him and sat on his lap with everyone watching including Amber and Brian and put one of her arms around his neck, got close to his ear and said in a sexy voice, loud enough so everyone could hear. “But you said I was the boss last night.” She joked back. Ohh’s came from everyone at Krista smart comeback.

“Kris got him in check.” Katie yelled and caused everyone to laugh.

She kissed his cheek and returned to the dance floor, moving her hips from side to side. A.j just smiled from ear to ear. “Damn that woman is something.” He thought to himself.

Amber sat at her table in shock. “Did Krista and A.j sleep together”? Amber thought. No it couldn’t be. They wouldn’t cross that line. Krista was attractive, very attractive. She had changed a lot since the last time Amber had seen her; she had lost weight and had an appearance that would make Britney Spears sick to her stomach. Not that she wasn’t beautiful before cause she was. She was just a little shy but now that shy girl had turned into a confident young woman.
28 by Destiny
Chapter 28


“Ok are you guys ready?” Katie asked.

“Yeah.” Replied Krista.

This time Katie threw the bouquet and it was about to go to Jenna when all of a sudden Krista grabbed it.

“That’s not fair Krista!” Said Jenna, pretending she was upset but Krista just stuck her tongue out at her and smiled.

They placed a chair in the middle of the dance floor. Everyone knew what was next as Katie made her way over to the chair and sat down with a smile on her face. David walked over to her and got on one knee and slowly started to remove the garter (AN: I take it you all know what a garter is, well if you don’t it’s that little piece of fabric that is placed on the bride for the groom to take off and toss like she did the bouquet.) from around Katie’s right thigh and she blushed as everyone watched. After David got it off he kissed Katie and stood up holding it in his left hand in victory and everyone clapped in all good humor.

“Ok now that’s out of the way I need all the single men out on the dance floor. I repeat all the single men report to the dance floor.” Said the man on the microphone and all the guys came to the floor, including A.j. He was standing next to Krista’s brother and his cousin, Jason. David played around with the garter just as Katie did with the bouquet but then threw it. A.j caught it easily and smiled. Now comes the best part. The person who caught the garter, A.j, has to place it one the person how caught the bouquet, Krista. (AN: I had to put this in the story….it makes it more, exciting…lol) Krista sat in the chair, which was just moments ago was occupied by Katie, with a smile on her face as A.j approached her. He then proceeded to do what David did to Katie but in reverse. After he was done he looked around the room and saw all the amused faces, except for Amber, who wasn’t paying attention. He looked back at Krista, smiled and joked, “Now who’s the boss?” This caused everyone to laugh and Krista blushed.

A few more hours of partying and then everyone congratulated the happy couple once again and went their separate ways. A.j and Krista said their goodbyes to Amber and Brian.


~*~At A.j’s house~*~


He and Krista walked in the house tired from dancing at the wedding. A.j went over to his stereo and turned on the radio and Selena’s “I could fall in love” filled the living room. He looked at Krista, who was lying on the couch with her eyes closed. He walked slowly over to her and she opened her eyes.

“Dance with me.” Came from A.j’s lips in a whisper and Krista was going to say no in till he took off his sunglasses and said, “Please.” The way those eyes looked at her took her breath away.

“Ok.” She replied just as softly as he had asked.

A.j smiled and took her to the middle of his huge living room. He kissed her hand.

“I’ll be right back.” He said and she nodded. He left the room for a minute then came back with four cream colored candles and placed them on the living room table and lit them to set the mood. He then turned back to Krista. The candles set a romantic glow around the room. A.j looked into Krista’s eyes, never before had he seen eyes with such passion and warmth…..they mirrored his own feelings. “This song says exactly how I feel right now Krista…about you” He said to her and pulled her close and Krista listened to the lyrics, taking them all in one word at a time. This was bliss, heaven on earth. All their lives they had been searching for the one to make their lives complete…and now it’s seemed liked they had found it, they had found what they searched for their entire lives……….love.

I could lose my heart tonight if you don’t turn and walk away
Cause the way I feel I might lose control and let you stay.

Their bodies moved to the soft playing music. They both lost themselves in the others embrace. It was as if that moment in time froze just for them.

“Your so beautiful.” A.j said softly.

“Alex?”

“Yeah?”

“Your not thinking or pretending I’m Amber are you?” Krista asked with hurt in her emerald eyes.

“I know your not Amber, I don’t want you to be Amber. Krista I’m falling in love with you. I don’t know why I didn’t see it before but I see it now and now is all that matters.”

Cause I could take you in my arms and never let you go
I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you
And I know it’s not right
And I guess I should try
To do what I should do
But I could fall in love…
Fall in love with you

A.j’s eyes met Krista’s and he leaned in and kissed her with so much passion and love that it felt as if he loved her any more he would explode. Krista returned his kiss. This was one of those kisses you see in the movies. The kind that stays in your mind as the all-time kiss. A.j started planting kissing on Krista’s neck, which caused her to moan lightly. Krista placed her right hand behind A.j’s neck while the other slid under his shirt and ran her nails down his back. A.j could feel himself falling deeper and deeper in love with Krista. Amber was just a memory that he placed far in the back of his mind. He knew he couldn’t have her but that meant nothing to him now; Krista was all that mattered. A.j slowly un-zipped Krista’s dress and it fell to the floor.

I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you

A.j laid Krista on the soft living room floor without breaking the kisses. He was losing more and more of himself with Krista. Not just sexual but emotionally. He forgot Amber, he forgot the world, and the only thing that mattered was Krista, his angel from heaven. Every place A.j touched Krista set her skin on fire. She wanted him and needed him to love her; she never wanted to be without his touch. Slowly and gently they undressed each other, never breaking the kiss. To let their hearts run wild; their lust set free, and made love as the song ended and into the night.

I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you
29 by Destiny
Chapter 29

Krista rolled over and woke up. She had take a minute to remember why she was on the floor wrapped in nothing but a sheet. As soon as she remembered a smile instantly appeared on her face. A.j had made love to her last night. But then when she looked around the living room A.j was nowhere in sight. She wrapped the blanket around her and made her way to the kitchen to find him. And sure enough there he was trying to prepare breakfast. He was cooking something on the stove in nothing but his boxers. (AN: *Super hot flash…lol*) Krista decided to sneak up on him. She wrapped her arms around A.j and he jumped and turned around smiling.

“Hey sleeping beauty.” He said as he gave her a peck on the lips.

“Hey yourself.” She mumbled against his lips and kissed him again.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that, babe you almost gave me a heart attack.” He joked.

“I’m sorry.” She giggled.

“Are you laughing at me young lady?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“No.” she giggled again.

“Well I think you are.” He said and Krista shook her head no and cupped her mouth to hide another giggle. “So you’re not laughing your just smiling a lot right?” He asked with a smile.

“Yep.”

“Well then can I ask what made my angel smile?”

“I was just wondering how you like your eggs?” she smiled and he gave her a confused look. Krista pointed behind him to the stove. His wanna-be eggs had burned.

“Damn!” A.j took the frying pan and place it quickly in the kitchen sink. Krista laughed and turned to walk upstairs when A.j grabbed her.

“And where do you think your going missy?” He asked as he kissed Krista’s neck and she smiled.

“I’m going to take a shower.”

“Hmm, that sounds like a good ideal. I feel a little dirty right now.” He teased as the phone rang.

“Aren’t you going to get that? It might be important?” She asked.

“Not as important as you. Anyways if it is really important they’ll call back. Come on the shower is waiting! A.j said with excitement as he picked Krista up, she laughed as her took her upstairs for some shower fun!


~*~Meanwhile~*~

“I wonder where he’s at this time in the morning?” Amber asked herself as she placed the phone on her kitchen table.

“Who babe?” Brian asked as he walked in from the living room.

“A.j. I was going to call him last night but I was to tired so I decided to call him in the morning and now he’s not answering his phone.” Amber had a worried look on her face and Brian walked over and hugged her.

“I’m sure he’s fine babe. Maybe he’s tired from all that dancing last night.”

“Yeah. I’m just relived we’re not fighting anymore, I missed him.” She said and placed her arms over Brian’s.

“So what do you want to do today?” Brian asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Wanna go see a movie?”

“Hmm.” She thought.

“Come on babe. It’s better then staying up in the house all the time.”

“Oh ok, since you put it that way. So what do you wanna see?”

“You pick.” Amber thought for a few minutes then a smile appeared on her face.

“Ok since it’s my choice let’s go see Lilo and Stitch.” She suggested and Brian sighed.

“Anything but that.” He said, stressing the word that and Amber laughed.

“Aww I’m sure the movie can’t be all that bad Bri.” She smiled.

"Not that bad? Amber, do I look like I really wanna sit threw an hour and a half movie with a little blue Alien running around every five seconds going meep, meep?" Brian asked and Amber busted out laughing.

"Brian..."

"I'm sure we can find something else to watch."

"Brian..." Amber asked again in amusement watching Brian think of alternative movies for them to watch.

Brian then started to list a couple of movies off the top of his head to try and change Amber’s mind but failed.

“Enough?”

“Seen it, Jennifer kicked ass in that movie.”

“8 Legged Freaks?”

“I hate spiders.” Amber said and made a face that made Brian laugh.

“Austin Powers new movie?”

“No.”

“Minority Report?”

“Hmm Tom Cruise is a hottie……..but no.”

“Signs?”

“Reminds me to much of Men in Black.”

“Men in black 2?”

“Seen it.”

"Triple X?"

"Vin Diesel." Amber said with a dreamy look on her face. "That man is so...but no."

"Halloween Resurrection?" Brian asked and Amber looked at him like he was crazy.

"I'm really not in the mood to be scared shitless tonight."

"So I'll take that as a no?"

"Yep." Amber replied smiling.

"Tell me why you have to go and make things so complicated?" Brian sung the line from the song, Complicated by Avril Lavigne.

"Dork." Amber laughed and so did Brian.

“Well then what do you want to see?”

Amber smiled at him. “I already told you.”

“Please can you pick something else?”

“If you want we could stay here and watch Britney’s movie, Crossroads?” Amber asked smiling.

“On second thought Lilo and Stitch doesn’t sound all that bad.” Brian said, defeated and kissed Amber’s cheek. Maybe her feelings for A.j weren’t real, just a spur of the moment type of thing; yeah that was it. There was no way she was in love with him. She had Brian to love and cherish her and her the same to him. Maybe it was just her happiness of seeing him again after awhile, yeah that had to be it cause there was no other explanation. She was just fooling herself and was about to give up what she had with Brian because of it. A.j finally had accepted Amber and Brian as a couple, she should be happy…….but then why did she feel as if a part of her heart was missing?
30 by Destiny
Chapter 30

A.j and Krista lay in bed together, just talking and laughing, holding each other. The only light that entered the room was the light of the stars and the moon as they filled the sky.

“Alex?”

“Hmm.”

“What made you change your mind about Amber?” Krista asked and looked into A.j’s chocolate brown eyes.

“I don’t know. We had a talk and worked our friendship out and then I realized it. I wasn’t in love with her anymore. After we made up all I could think about was you.”

Krista sat up. “Really? But when we were dancing you and Amber locked eyes and it was like you shared a silent I love you or something. I’ll admit that hurt like hell, at that moment I knew nothing I could ever do could make you love me.” Krista said as a tear fell from her eye but she brushed it away. This made A.j sit up as well.

“But Kris you did do something to make me love you, Forget that because you didn’t make me. I fell in love with you without even noticing it. The love you have in your eyes and the warmth in your heart is what I fell for. I don’t know how else I can prove it to you but I do know this……that moment when Amber and I locked eyes were bliss to me. But when we made love it was truly without a doubt…love.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Are you sure?” A.j asked in return.

“Yes, I am Alex. I’ve been sure I loved you since the moment I set my eyes on you 14 years ago. But the real question is are you sure?” Krista said, stressing the word you.

“Yes. Baby I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.” A.j replied and kissed Krista softy on the lips.

“How do you think she’ll react once she finds out?”

“Who?”

“Amber. Alex to you Amber may just be a friend now but what if she changed her mind? Then what?”

“Krista it doesn’t matter. I told her how I felt about her and she made it perfectly clear she didn’t feel the same.”

“But what if she does? She could of just been confused with all the emotions thrown at her all at once and so fast.” Krista asked and A.j looked her straight in the eyes.

“What are you trying to say? You don’t want to be with me and that I should lust over a person I can’t have?”

“No Alex. That’s not what I meant at all.”

“Then what did you mean?” he asked and wrapped his arms around her.

“I just don’t want to end up with a broken heart.” Krista finished in a whisper.

“Krista the last thing you will end up with is a broken heart. I’ll never hurt you.”

“Promise?” She asked and looked at him. A.j smiled, kissed her on the lips.”

“Promise.” He answered.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

“Come on Brian!” Amber said as she tired to get Brian out the car and into the theater.

“Amber for the last time I beg of you, let’s see something else!” he pleaded and Amber laughed.

“Nope. I want to see Lilo and Stitch and that’s that!”

Brian sighed in defeat and got out to the car with Amber and made their way in. A few people looked at Brian, trying to figure out where they had seen him before. He just kept his face down and walked with Amber up to the ticket counter.

“Two tickets for Halloween Resurrection.” Brian said before Amber could talk.

“Don’t mind what he just said.” Amber said to the ticket person. “Two tickets for Lilo and Stitch.” She corrected and smiled sweetly at the man. After they had gotten their tickets they got snacks and headed into the movie.

~*~1 hour and 45mins later~*~

The movie had just let out and Brian and Amber walked out.

“That was a cute movie, don’t ya think?” Amber asked and turned to Brian.

“Ok I’m going off record when I say this, I liked it.” Brian replied and Amber smiled.

“Told ya you would like it!”

“Yeah, yeah. Now let’s get out of here before…” Brian was cut off before he could finish.

“Amber? Brian?” The person asked and walked over to them.
31 by Destiny
Chapter 31


“Hey Nickelodeon, what’s up?”

“Ha, ha very funny Amby.” Smiled Nick. “You just a regular comedian aren’t ya?”

“Yep.” Amber smiled.

“What are you doing here Nick?” Brian asked.

“Well Brian, normally when people wanna see a new movie they come to a movie theater.” Nick replied sarcastically but he was only joking.

“Just my luck. Now we have not one but two comedians in the house.” Brian said smiling at Amber.

Amber looked over her shoulder and saw a girl walking towards them. She was 5’10 brownish-red hair and pretty brown eyes.

“Nick, I think we’ve been spotted.” Brian whispered and Nick gave him a funny look and turned around to see a young woman approaching them.

“Oh guys, I want you to meet Caitlin.” Nick said and introduced her when she got to them. “She’s my girlfriend.”

“Hi, I’m Amber.”

“And I’m Brian, nice to met you Caitlin.” Brian smiled.

“Hello.” Caitlin returned the smile.

“He thought you were one of their fans, not that they don’t love them, its just girlfriends seem to get attacked.” Amber smiled.

“Oh I completely understand, don’t worry about it. Nicky and I couldn’t even go out to dinner last night because these two girls where stalking us.” Everyone laughed.

“Well I can’t help it if I’m so damn sexy.”

“Now Nick I told you to go see that therapist about your big ass ego.” Amber joked.

“Yeah well.” Nick said.

“Yeah well.” Amber mocked him and Caitlin and Brian laughed.

“So which movie did you guys go see?” Caitlin asked.

Brian looked at Amber and begged her with his eyes not to tell them but she just smiled sweetly.

“Lilo and Stitch.” Amber answered causing Nick to laugh.

“You actually went and saw that movie?” Nick asked through laughs, ignoring the death glares Brian was sending him.

“I wouldn’t talk Nick, you wanted to see Country Bears.” Caitlin said, grinning from ear to ear. Now it was Brian’s turn to laugh. Nick must of turned five shades of red.

“Shut up Bri. You watched a movie about a little blue alien.” Said Nick.

“So? You watched a movie with not only talking bears but they sing and dance to.” Brian said between laughs.

"And how would you know? Did you go see it Bri?" Amber asked, a small smile growing on her face.

"Uh...uh...that's not the point." Brian said quickly and Caitlin giggled.

“I didn’t even want to see that movie, Caitlin did.” Nick defended himself.

“Oh no Nick. Don’t try to put this off on me! I wanted to see 8 legged freaks (AN: I got it wrong the first time...lol) but no, Nicky was to scared.” Caitlin pointed out and laughed along with Amber and Brian.

“It’s ok Nickelodeon, you’re not alone. I didn’t want to see that movie no more than you did.” Amber assured him and placed an arm around his waist.

“Thanks Amby.” Nick said, stressing her nickname. “It’s nice to know that at least I have one friend on my side.” Nick said, looking at Caitlin and Brian finish their laughing fit.

“Aww Nicky, what’s the matter?” Caitlin asked with a smile.

“You hurt me.”

Caitlin came up to Nick and wrapped her arms around him. “How can I make it better?”

Nick thought for a minute. “You could kiss it and make it all better again.”

“Where does it hurt?”

“Here.” Nick pointed to his lips and she smiled and kissed him.

“All better?” she asked and Nick nodded with a huge grin on his face.

“Nick, your nothing but a big baby.” Laughed Brian.

“Yeah maybe, but he’s my big baby.” Caitlin said and kissed him again. Brian turned to a much-amused Amber.

“And where’s my kiss?” He asked.

“Right here.” And she gave him a peck on the lips.

"So what are you guys doing for the rest of the night?" Brian asked

"Well I have a couple of things in mind." Nick grinned and looked at Caitlin.

"I don't think so Carter." she smiled. "You see this finger?" Caitlin asked, holding up her ring finger. "In till you put a ring on this finger I’m off limits." That caused Brian to laugh.

"I don't know what you’re laughing about. The same goes for us to." Amber smiled and Caitlin laughed.

"Well in that case come on Bri." Nick pulled Brian away, leaving a laughing Amber and Caitlin wondering what they were up to. Then a few minutes they came back.
32 by Destiny
Chapter 32


"Here." Brian and Nick said in unison. They had went to the gumball machines and gotten two 25 cent rings. Amber and Caitlin looked at each other and laughed.

"Nice try Carter."

"Yeah Bri, nice try. But Caitlin and I are not 25 cent hoes." Amber joked and Caitlin agreed.

"You see this Nick? Our women are teaming up on us."

"Yeah I see, what's up with that?"

"I don't know and they just met each other to." Brian and Nick were so caught up in their conversation they didn't realize that Amber and Caitlin were headed towards the exit.

"Well I don't...Wait! Caitlin...Amber...wait!!" Nick called after them. Him and Brian ran to catch up with them.

"Damn you women walk fast." Brian said almost out of breath.

"Yeah." Was all that Nick could get out. Amber looked at Caitlin and giggled.

"Well we thought that since you guys were having such a heated conversation that the two of you would go home together and how do I say this?" Amber asked and turned to Caitlin.

"Release some of that sexual tension you have for us on each other." Amber and Caitlin busted out laughing but Nick and Brian didn't find anything about that subject funny. Nick looked at Brian and smiled.

"Oh no Carter!" Brian put his hands up in defense. "Not in this lifetime."

"I'm only kidding around with you Bri, if I was to go that way, which I won't but if I was I wouldn’t go after you." Nick laughed and so did Amber and Caitlin. The three of them started to walk with Brian right behind him. (AN: no pun intended)

"Why? What's wrong with me Carter? What I'm not good enough for you, is that it?" Brian joked.

"No, it's just I'm more attracted to A.j" Caitlin, Amber and Brian stopped and looked at him. They had just made it to their cars. It took all Nick's will power to keep a straight face. He would have paid money to see the looks they were giving him. Finally he just let it go and laughed.

"I'm just messing around with you guys."

"I don't know Nicky sometimes I wonder about you." Caitlin joked casing Brian and Amber to laugh.

"Whatever I was just kidding. I gotta get away from the three stooges." Nick smiled and hugged Amber and got in his car with Caitlin.

"We'll see ya later guys." Nick said, as he started up his car.

"Nice meeting you Caitlin." Brian smiled.

"Likewise."

"Hey Caitlin call me sometime so we could hang out and give our boys some...alone time with one another." Amber and Caitlin giggled.

"Ok. I'll get your number from Nick. See ya curly!" Caitlin joked.

"Bye Larry.” Amber joked back.

They all left the movie theater and went their separate ways. Nick and Caitlin were driving down the busy street just laughing and talking. This was her first real date with Nick. She had met him six weeks ago when the backstreet boys where on tour. They hit if off right after that. He spent most of the time he had off with her. When he had to leave for the next city he had wanted her to go with him but she explained she couldn't just up and leave her life behind and he understood were she was coming from so he didn't push it. They exchanged numbers, so when the black and blue tour was over he could fly her out to be with him. Nick never took Caitlin to meet any of the guys afraid one of them might steal her away from him. After that Nick found out that he was in love with Caitlin. As soon as her flight got in he was there to pick her up. That was the day he told her he loved her.


~*~Flashback~*~

Nick stood in the far corner looking at all the passengers exit from the plane. One by one they emerged but none where Caitlin. He started too worried she missed her flight or something.

"She doesn't want to see you Carter." Nick said to himself. Nick looked up and the final people got off the plane, still no Caitlin.

"WAIT!! WAIT!!" A voice cried and the flight attendant opened the doors once more to let the person threw. Nick looked up and saw Caitlin thanking the flight attendant and ran over to her. As soon as she was done Caitlin turned around only to be met by a huge hug from Nick. She squealed.

"Well gosh I missed you to." She smiled.

"Who wouldn't miss me? I'm irresistible." He joked.

"I wouldn’t go that far Carter." and Nick smiled and pulled her into another hug.

"I really missed you Caitlin. I couldn’t wait to see you.” He said as he slowly let her go to look into her deep brown eyes. Those eyes, the ones he found himself getting lost in. They held so much warmth and trust but most of all love.
33 by Destiny
Chapter 33


“I have to tell you something but I don’t want to do it here so can we go?” Nick rushed that sentence out. For the past couple of days he had rehearsed everything he was going to say to her.

“Yeah sure, let’s get my suitcase and leave.”

The car ride to where Nick was taking Caitlin seemed never ending. The both sat in silence.

“I wonder what’s wrong with him all of a sudden?” Caitlin thought to herself.

“Come on Carter you can’t back out now, she already knows something’s up.” Nick thought to himself.

About 30minutes later Nick pulled into a deserted drive way. There where no cars in sight. He had taken her to a beach. A beach that seemed to be hidden from the world, there own little hid a way. Nick cut of the car and ran around to Caitlin’s side and opened the door for her then closed and locked the car. They made their way down to the beach and walked barefoot along the water as the sun was silently setting and the sky filled with those colors a painting could never capture. Down the beach there was a blanket set out and Nick took Caitlin’s hand and led her over to it. Caitlin laid on the blanket while Nick sat up looking down at her.

“She looks so beautiful.” He thought to himself watching her. Caitlin lay there with her eyes closed and a small smile growing on her face. The slight breeze blowing her hair, Nick reached down to move the hair behind her ear. That caused Caitlin to open her eyes.

“Well Carter, it’s now or never.” He thought to himself.

“Nicky are you ok?’ Caitlin sat up to get a better look at him, she was about to say something else but he placed a finger up to her lips to silence her.

“Baby I have something I need to tell you but I don’t know how you’ll react to it.” Nick said, running his right hand through his hair. “I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to say it now, it sounded good in my head but forming the actually words is harder then I thought.” Nick quickly said.

“Nick are you ok? What are you trying to say?” Caitlin asked concerned.

“I’m trying to tell you…I love you. I think I’ve always loved you Caitlin, even before I knew you and I know that sounds weird because we’ve only known each other a short while but I don’t care. People fall in and out of love every day. But I don’t ever want to fall out of love with you; I want to love you more and more each day, each minute, and each second. Everyone deserves love and I want to give it to you, I can love you like that…let me love you like that.” Nick finished his speech looking straight into Caitlin’s eyes as if he was trying to read her every emotion at that very moment. “Please say something Caitlin, anything.” Nick begged softly. Caitlin didn’t know how to respond to something like that so she let her actions speak for themselves…she kissed him. She kissed him with all she had and he returned it. This is what the both of them had been waiting for…each other. Caitlin and Nick slowly pulled apart; Caitlin still had her eyes closed so Nick gave her one more quick kiss on the lips. She opened her eyes to be met by Nick’s blue ones. The sun that so beautifully colored the sky was gone and the stars and the moon shined there light in its place.

“Be mine Caitlin.” Nick said softly. “Only mine.” Caitlin smiled.

“Yes.” Yes was the three letter word that started this new relationship for Nick and Caitlin.


~*~End of flashback~*~

Nick looked over at Caitlin who had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. She looked so peaceful, so happy and he was going to make sure she stayed that way as far as he was concerned. Nick pulled into his drive way and shut off the car. He didn’t want to wake Caitlin so he quietly and gently picked her up and carried her into the house and to her room. He laid her on her bed and kissed her forehead.

“Goodnight love.” He said and closed the door.
34 by Destiny
Chapter 34

"Do you have to go already?" A.j whined for the millionth time as Krista packed her bags.

"Alex we've been through this already, my boss only gave me a week off so I have to go back, if I still want to keep my job."

"But you have a job here as well, to take care of me." A.j smiled and pulled Krista down on the bed with him. Krista giggled at the sudden movement. "I don't even understand why your packing now when you have two more days left." A.j mumbled as he nuzzled Krista's neck causing her to smile.

"What can I say, I hate doing things at the last moment. Besides I'll come back in a few weeks to see you."

"I know but a few weeks is such a long time." A.j said, giving Krista his best puppy face.

"Baby it's not like you'll be completely alone, you have the guys and Amber."

“Oh god, that’s all I need is for them to be lovey dovey when I don’t have you.” A.j sighed and laid back down on the bed as he watched Krista continue packing.

“Did I tell you Amber called?” Krista asked.

“No, what did she want?” A.j got up and went over to Krista, placing his arms around her and kissing her neck.

“She’s having a little going away pool party for me.” Krista smiled. “It’s a small party so we will all have some time together and besides I haven’t had a chance to met any of the guys but Brian.”

“You don’t want to meet them, I want you all to myself.” A.j nuzzled her neck.

“And why wouldn’t I?” Krista asked smiling.

“Cause their all dorks.” A.j joked and they both laughed.

“Aww come on babe. Amber was nice enough to go do this for me so the least I can do is show up, it is my party.”

“But we could have are own little pool party.” A.j whispered seductively in her ear.

“Baby.” Krista said and turned to face him, smiling. “You and I both know we wouldn’t even make it to the pool without us fooling around.”

“And the problem is?” He smiled.

“Horn ball!” Krista laughed and got her bathing suit and headed into the bathroom to change. When she came out A.j was wearing his trunks and a white wife washer.

“Let’s get going.” A.j said, pulling Krista down the stairs and out the front door.

“Why the hurry now McLean?” Krista asked, confuse written all over her face.

“Well I figured the sooner we get there the sooner we can leave to have some…us time.” He smiled as he started up the car and back out into the street.

“Alex for the last week we had nothing but us time.” Krista smiled, stressing the word us.

“Time fly’s when your having fun, especially all the fun we were having.” He chucked.


~*~Amber’s house~*~

“Nick don’t you dare!” Caitlin screamed. Nick had picked her up and was seconds away from dropping her in the pool. She didn’t go willing though; she made him pay by kicking and screaming the whole time. “Carter let me go!”

“Let her have it Nicky!” Howie yelled.

“I don’t know D should I?” Nick asked playfully still trying to hold Caitlin who refused to go into the pool.

“AMBER! HELP ME!” Caitlin yelled.

“I would Caitlin, it’s just.” Amber stopped to think of an excuse. “It’s just I’ve been having these really bad leg problems.” Amber smiled and started to pretend limp.

“Traitor!”

“I prefer it to be called mining my own business.” Amber laughed.

“Your gonna get yours one day Amber!”

“Maybe, but it won’t be today!” Amber laughed and walked over to were Kevin was on the grill cooking up a storm.

“Hey Amby, how’s it going?” Kevin asked but before Amber could answer him they heard a loud splash. Everyone looked towards the pool and laughed. Nick had tossed Caitlin in the pool but at the last moment she grabbed his trunks and he went in with her.

“Why did you do that babe?’ Nick laughed and splashed Caitlin.

“If I was going down, I was taking you with me.” She smiled and splashed him back. Nick grabbed her arm lightly and pulled her in for a kiss.

“Get a room!” Howie joked.

“Not in my house they won’t. I don’t want them getting all freaky in my house!” Amber said, causing everyone to laugh but Caitlin and Nick who were…occupied at the moment. Just then Brian heard a car door close; a few seconds after that the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Brian ran threw the house to open the front door.

“Hey Bri.” A.j smiled.

“Hey.” Brian looked at Krista and smiled. “I remember this beautiful lady.” He kissed her hand causing Krista to blush. “Now we can get this party started.” They all made there way to Amber’s back yard where their little party was taking place. When they got back there Kevin was still on the grill. He just waved at them and continued about his business. In the pool, Amber and Caitlin were battling Nick and Howie with the biggest water fight possible. They had all kinds of pool toys in the pool, from floats to even water guns, which Amber and Caitlin put to very good use.

“Your going down Nicky!” Amber yelled and squirted him.

“Oh really?” He asked and swam over to Amber.

“What part of that did you not understand Nickelodeon?” She giggled.

“You know calling me that is just going to get you into more trouble then you’re in already?” Nick joked, closing in on Amber who stuck out her tongue at him.

“Carter you couldn’t hurt a fly.” Amber giggled but stopped as she felt the pool wall behind her. She looked at Nick; he had a super soaker in his hand, pointing it at Amber.

“CAITLIN! HELP ME!” Amber screamed but Caitlin just looked at her and laughed.

“Paybacks a bitch huh?” She laughed and went after Howie. He had given up and was floating around the pool in an inerter tube with his eyes closed.

“Captain?” Nick asked.

“Yes.” Howie answered.

“Permission to terminate target, over.”

“What the hell! This isn’t the army.” Amber smiled.

“In that case, permission granted.” Howie smiled as the sound of Amber screaming filled his ears but it was short lived, very short lived. Caitlin flipped his inerter tube over, sending Howie for a nice little dip in the pool.

“Man over board!” Caitlin laughed and so did everyone else.
35 by Destiny
Chapter 35

"Oh Nickelodeon." Amber said in a singsong voice and Nick turned to look at her only to be met by the super soaker. She had taken it from him to return to favor he had given her earlier. She really got him good. Amber laughed and got she and Caitlin out of the pool as quickly as possible considering the stunt they had just pulled. When they were out they laughed and gave each other a high five.

"Ha! We got you guys good! You should have seen your faces." Caitlin laughed at Howie and Nick's expressions on their faces, they couldn't believe girls had outsmarted them.

"Wha...What?" Howie asked in disbelief.

"Don't try to make sense of it D. Amber and Caitlin are an unstoppable team." Nick said, patting Howie on the back.

“Damn straight!” Amber and Caitlin giggled.

"Women." They both said.

Amber and Caitlin walked over and grabbed a towel to dry off a little when Amber felt two arms go around her. She was shocked at first but then relaxed.

"Alex?"

"Hey baby girl." He smiled as she turned around in his arms and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey." She replied softly, getting lost in his eyes. (AN: That seems to happen a lot in this story doesn't it? lol!)

"Hi amber." Amber was snatched from her daydream and her gaze fell upon Krista.

"Krista. Glad you could make it." She forced a smile.

"Well this is my party isn't it?" She smiled.

"Yeah."

"So is this the lady of the hour." Kevin said as he approached them smiling. He took Krista's hand and kissed it softly.

"Now there Kevin, the lady of the hour is already taken." A.j said and took his arms from around Amber and placed them around Krista. Amber felt her heart drop. She was right. They were together and that was it. A.j had done what she had told him to do and that was to accept it and move on. But she didn't want him to just move on a forget the feelings he had, had for her but then again it wasn't as if she didn't have some feelings for Brian. She did, it's just she never knew you could love more than one person at a time. She never expected this, she wished the feeling would just go away or better yet had never come at all, But love comes in unexpected forms.

"I'm Kevin."

"Krista. It's nice to meet you." She smiled and so did Kevin.

"You to."

Amber felt a little out of place so she turned to leave A.j, Krista and Kevin to talk; But not before A.j saw the look on her face. He wondered what was going on, she looked so sad and depressed when just a few minutes ago she was laughing and having fun. He made a note that he was going to get her alone before this night was over. As the day when on people were playing in the pool, having fun in the sun! All except Amber, who seemed to be lost in her own little world. Every time A.j would try to talk to her she would keep it short and avoid him as much as possible but why? He didn't understand, had he done something to piss her off? A.j got out of the pool and slowly walked over to were Amber sat, not sure how to approach the situation, hell he didn't even know the situation.

"Hey." He said softly.

(Silence)

"Mind if I sit down?"

(Silence)

"Amber I don't how to put this so I'll just come out and say it, What's wrong with you all of a sudden? I mean before I got here you seemed happy and now your all...I don't know...different."

(Silence)

"Amber please talk to me baby girl. I need to know what's going on with you, I'm worried about you." A.j took one of Amber's hands in his own and kissed it. "I'm here for you baby girl, no matter what...you know that right?"

(Silence)

A.j sighed. This was really bugging him. Why wouldn't she open up to him? She could trust him.

"I don't want to talk about it right now Alex." Amber said softly and A.j jerked his head back up, he was surprised she had said more than two words to him. "One day but not right now."

"Ok...I guess I can live with that."

As it started to get a little cool outside so they moved the party inside. After they all ate they talked for a while then one by one went home. The only people left were Caitlin, Amber, Brian and Nick.

"Hey Amby?"

"Yeah?"

"Where did you put your playstaion 2?"
36 by Destiny
Chapter 36

"Umm...look next to the bookshelf."

"You should give it to me Amby, you've never played this play station."

"Yes I have...once." Brian and Nick started playing a game that looked like it could go on forever so Caitlin and Amber went upstairs for some good old fashion girl talk.

"Ok tell me what's wrong?" Caitlin asked as soon as Amber's bedroom door close and she sat down on the bed.

"Nothings wrong Cate." Amber sat next to Caitlin.

"Whatever it is you know you can tell me, I won't tell, I cross me heart." Caitlin smiled and crossed her heart with her right pointer finger. Amber smiled. She had only known Caitlin for a few days and all ready she felt like she had a very close friend...that was what she needed at the moment. When she was little she use to tell Krista all her problems but that was imposable now because Krista was the problem. A.j flashed in her mind and her frown turned into a bright smile. He could always do that to her, make her feel like she was on top on the world.

"I know that look." Caitlin smiled. "Someone's in love." She said in a singsong voice.

"Yeah, I guess I am." Amber smiled.

"I don't see why not? Brian is a great guy!" Amber's smile fell.

"What? Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry." Caitlin's eyes filled with concern for her friend.

"No. Don't be."

"Amber...

"Caitlin...is...is it possible to love two people at the same time? I mean what if you think you've found the one you tough you wanted to spend your life with but it all came a the worst fucking timing in the world? What if another guy comes into the picture but you’re to blind to see it and he when you do it's to late?" Amber said all in one breath. Caitlin just sat there and looked at her. "Never mind."

"Who else are you in love with Amber? Does he know?"

"Of course not! If he did we would be having a completely different conversation!" Amber snapped. "Look, I'm sorry for just coming out and snapping at you, these are my problems, my worries alone." Amber finished the last part in a mutter.

"Your wrong you know? Your problem is my problem; your worries are my worry, that’s what friends do. I'm here to help you Amber. I would never turn my back on a dear friend. I just hope you feel the same way. I consider you to be my best friend."

"Your my best friend to. Caitlin, you don't know how long I've wanted to tell someone that but I just tried to hid it ya know? That way no one would know and no one would get hurt. But all alone I've just been hurting myself. I care for Brian, I really do, it's just my heart longs for A.j, for his kiss' that softly melt my heart, his touch that sends my skin a blaze, he voice...so soft and soothing." Amber's face once again lit up as she talked about A.j, her passion, her love, and her desire.

"Wow."

"What?"

"You've got it bad."

"I know, but I never meant for this to happen."

"None of us do Amber, we just do."

"Love comes at the right place but the wrong time. I mean why do I all of a sudden feel this way for A.j? I could just be fooling myself or the jealous friend.”

“When did this feeling start?”

“At one of my friends wedding. A.j was there as Krista’s date, we weren’t talking at the time because I had lied to him. Anyway we made up and when we did it just happened…I fell for him and in the worst way. When he looked me in the eyes I knew. I wanted so badly to kiss him at that moment but I didn’t. I just dismissed it like I had done so many other times. But I can’t do that anymore Cate, but I have to.”

“Why? Why can’t you just tell him?” Caitlin asked.

“If only it was that easy, I would have done it a long time ago. He has Krista and I have Brian. I do love Brian on some level, but when I think of him I don’t see a future with him, I see it with A.j how better else but him? I’ve known him since forever, I think I’ve always loved him; I just was to blind to see love that was right in front of me.”

“Damn girl, your trapped between two. All I can say is you have the straighten out you feelings and quick before its to late.”

“Yeah, I know. But it’s hard to do that when I don’t even know where to start. I don’t want to hurt Brian but in order to do that I have to give up on any chance of a relationship with A.j out the window.”

“What are you gonna do about Brian?” Caitlin asked and Amber sighed.

“I really don’t know, I mean it’s not like I don’t have feelings for him because I do its just….I don’t know.” Amber placed her head in her hands, she felt like crying but the tears just wouldn’t come. “I don’t know what to do Caitlin.” Caitlin gave Amber a warm hug.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be it’s not your fault.” Amber sat up.
37 by Destiny
Chapter 37


“I just wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.” Amber smiled.

“You already have, just by being here and listing to be babble.” Amber laughed and so did Caitlin. The door opened and behind it stood none other then Brian and Nick with grins on their faces.

“What?” Caitlin asked. Brian and Nick just looked at each other and laughed.

“What?” Amber repeated Caitlin.

“Nothing. And they said we were to ones who needed to spend some…”

“Alone time?” Nick finished for Brian and they both laughed.

“You guys are to much, you know that?” Amber said as she and Caitlin walked out the bedroom door and down the stairs.

“Yeah, yeah. But that’s why you love us.”

“Oh please Nickelodeon, get over yourself.” Amber laughed ruffled his hair.

“Amby your gonna get it one day for calling me that you know that right?”

“Yeah right! You and Howie tried to get me and Caitlin and failed.” Amber and Caitlin laughed and so did Brian.

“Bri! Your suppose to be on my side here!” Nick whined.

“I am. It’s just they did get you and Howie pretty good today. The look on you faces was priceless.” They all laughed.

~*~1 Day later~*~

A.j moped around his house in his boxers missing Krista. He had just seen her off.

“God McLean, Your acting like a girl.” He said to himself and then chuckled at the thought. A.j settled down on his couch and turned on the T.V and flipped through a couple of channels. A.j heard his door unlock but didn’t pay to much attention to it, it was other one, his mom and two, Amber.

“Hey.” Came a soft voice and A.j turned to see Amber.

“Hey.” Amber walked over and sat next to him on the couch.

“What brings you here baby girl?” Amber wanted to melt as he spoke to her.

“Nothing just came by to see what’s up and tell you I’m sorry for the way I acted at the party.” She rushed out. The truth was Amber was nervous about coming here in the first place.

“Amber, I understand if you don’t want to tell me what’s wrong but I can’t understand why? We’re best friends remember? We tell each other every thing.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Well then what’s wrong?” A.j asked and turned off the T.V and give his full attention to Amber, who seemed troubled.

“God, I must have the worst possible timing in the world.” A tear rolled down Amber’s cheek and A.j wiped it away.

“Worst timing? Worst timing for what?”

“Alex I don’t know how to tell you this.”

“Amber what’s wrong? Why are you shaking?” A.j was worried now. He took Amber in his arms and just held her.

“I love you.” She mumbled into his shirt and pulled back to look in eyes.

“What did you say baby girl, I couldn’t hear you.”

“Then maybe it wasn’t meant to be heard.” Amber went to get up but A.j stopped her.

“No whatever it was, was meant to be heard now tell me Amby.” A.j said softy caressing her hand.

“Promise you won’t hate me when I tell you?” Amber asked and A.j looked at her shocked she would think that.

“Amber I could never hate you, even when we were fighting. I wanted to hate you so bad but I could hate the person I loved.”

“Here.” Amber handed A.j the same little white bear he had given her that day he told her he loved her. A.j looked at her with a puzzled look on his face, he didn’t understand what she was trying to say. “That’s what I said.” Amber pointed to the words the bear had printed on the heart. Just as before they read the words, I love you. A.j looked from the bear to Amber in disbelief.

“You love me?” A.j asked.

“I knew you would hate me.”

“I don’t hate you it’s just…” A.j couldn’t find the words to say. He always in the back of his mind pictured what him and Amber could have been together, could be together. But after that day in her kitchen those dreams where shattered. “Amber I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything.” Amber bit her bottom lip.

“But…” Amber cut A.j off by kissing him. Amber couldn’t believe she was doing this, it was wrong, forbidden but she needed this, she needed him. Amber was shocked when A.j returned the kiss. Amber placed her hands on the back on A.j’s neck to deepen the kiss and A.j wrapped his arms tightly around Amber as if she would disappear any minute. A.j parted Amber’s lips with his tongue. Their tongues danced together in perfect harmony. Amber moaned in his mouth, she was losing herself in this man before her and it seemed as though he was doing the same.

“Amber?” A.j said still kissing Amber. “We shouldn’t be doing this.”

“Then stop.” Amber answered but they just continued to kiss. “No one’s stopping you.”

“I know we should stop but I can’t. I want you Amby.” A.j moaned out. Amber pulled away and looked at A.j. “What?” He asked.

“Are you sure your not just saying that in the heat of the moment J? We’re playing with fire ya know?” A.j sighed; he had to really think about this. He cared for Krista; he cared for her a lot, he still does care about her. But something about this seems right…but it also feels wrong. “I thought so.” Amber got up and opened the front door. She turned to take one last look at A.j. “I want you to be happy Alex and if it’s with her so be it. I won’t stand in your way because…I love you. Make her happy.” And with that Amber walked out and closed the door leaving A.j there to think about what she had just said. A.j was shocked at Amber’s feelings for him, he thought there was not chance in hell she would ever love him more then a friend but he was wrong, very wrong. But who is Amber to mess around with people’s feelings? He had told her he loved her a long time ago and she made her choice and that was Brian. A.j didn’t want to go down that road again, loving her had broken him. He was with Krista and he was happy and in love.
38 by Destiny
Chapter 38


Amber drove around a bit till she came upon a park. She shut off her car and made her way to swings and sat down. She watched the sunset in it’s oranges and gold’s and felt the light wind blow as she began to swing back and forth. She couldn’t believe she had told A.j how she felt about him and kissed him. She never had any intentions of falling for him, that was the last thing on her mind. Her mind told her to love Brian but her heart told her otherwise. Amber just sat there in a daze, not even noticing someone sit next to her in till they touched her hand and then she looked up to be met with a pair of eyes she would know any where.

“Brian? What are you doing here? How did you find me?”

“I followed you.” He softly replied.

“You were following me? Why?” Not hint in her voice of being mad.

“You know at first I didn’t want to believe it.” Brian sighed. “I wanted so badly to just pretend even for a moment that you loved me as much as you put out.”

“Brian I do, it’s just…”

“A.j” Brian sighed. “How can I ask you to give him up? Amber it’s so plain to see, you love him and there’s no more denying it, lord knows I’ve tried long enough.” Brian cupped Amber’s cheek and wiped away a small tear that had escaped from her eye. “I want you to know I will always love you Amber, no matter what. I just wonder if every time you were with me, were you thinking of him?”

“No. Brian I do love you but…” Brian cut her off with a soft kiss. She was breaking his heart and she knew it. “Brian…I’m so sorry. I never meant…” She cried harder.

“I know. I can’t live in his shadow; I can never be A.j to you. It hurts but I feel that if I love you as much as I feel here.” He pointed to his heart. “Then I have to let you go.”

“I’m not lying when I tell you I love you Brian.”

“But you’re in love with A.j and I wont hold you back from that. That’s what you really want, you want A.j, and he’s whom you’re supposed to be with.”

“Yeah. But there’s one very, very big problem.” Amber looked down.

“What’s that?” Then as if a light bulb went off in his head Brian knew who she was talking about. “ Krista.”

“Bingo.” Fresh tears filled Amber’s eyes. Eyes that once upon a time held so much laugher and compassion where now filled with so much confusion and doubt.

“Well, all I can do is wish you the best Amby.” Brian kissed her forehead. Amber laid her head against Brian’s chest as he held her. “I want you to be happy Amby, I really do.”

“I know, but I feel like the bad guy. Here I am breaking up with you when you were one of the best things that ever happened to me and for what; For a guy that’s already taken and threw away any of those kinds of feelings for me a hell of a long time ago. God, could I be any more stupid?”

“Your not stupid for feeling the way you feel. I’m the one who should feel stupid, I thought I could make you love me like you love him but I couldn’t.” Amber was going to say something but Brian cut her off. “Shhh. You don’t have to say anything, it’s not anyone’s fault. You want A.j like I want you, you need A.j like I need you…you love A.j like I love you.” Brian finished softly.

“Your right. But I’m not gonna sit around and just be depressed over it.”

“You won’t be depressed, Caitlin, Nick and I will be there for you.” Amber sat up and looked at him as he wiped away the remainder of her tears.

“I know it’s just…I feel I need some time alone, to be around my family.”

“But we’re your family.” Brian stated.

“Yeah I know, I mean I’m going back home for awhile ya know? Just let things cool off.”

“Amber you can’t run from your insecurities! You have to face them, they won’t just go away.” Amber got off the swing, turned around and looked Brian dead in the face.

“I’m not trying to run away from anything Brian!” She yelled in frustration.

“Aren’t you the least bit worried about how everyone is gonna take to you just up and leaving?” Amber sighed as she ran a hand thru her hair.

“Brian, I’m so sick about worrying about what other people are gonna feel about everything! That’s my biggest problem, worrying about other people. Well this time Brian I’m gonna worry about me!” Amber pointed to herself. “Not in all my days on this earth have I stop to think what Amber wanted, what Amber needed.” Amber walked closer to Brian. “I need this get away Bri, I need to get away for this…just for awhile I’ll be back. I need time to breathe and be me and I can’t find that here, what better place then home? Then maybe I’ll forget about A.j, and I can finally give myself to you fully, you don’t deserve any less then that.”

“Amber I…

“Bri I’m not telling you to wait for me cause god knows how long I’ll be gone and it wouldn’t be fair to you, it’s just a thought.”

“It’s a very nice thought.” Brian smiled and kissed both of Amber’s hands.

“Yeah…It is.” She smiled.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

A.j tired to let Amber’s words sink in but he was having trouble believing it for some reason. Yeah she kissed him and damn she could kiss. A.j placed his pointer finger and middle finger to his lips; he could still feel her warmth. A.j couldn’t understand what was going on, had she loved him all along? Or was she jealous of Krista?
39 by Destiny
Chapter 39

“Krista.” A.j whispered softly. His heart hung even lower then before, he felt emotions that where so second nature to him: pain, love, lost and these feelings lead to nothing more but heartache. He didn’t need any more drama in his life. Everyone deserves happiness, all but A.j it seemed. Just when he was getting his life back on track this happens, but deep inside he wanted it to happen. He wanted Amber to feel the emptiness he felt. He wanted to hate her even thought he said he never could and that was the honest to god truth, he couldn’t hate her. Deep down a part of him wanted to hold her in his arms and never let her go…but the other half was in love with a woman, another woman he had known most of his life, a woman he could love and have it returned without question.

~*~Flashback~*~

“How do you think she’ll react once she finds out?”

“Who?”

“Amber. Alex to you Amber may just be a friend now but what if she changed her mind? Then what?”

“Krista it doesn’t matter. I told her how I felt about her and she made it perfectly clear she didn’t feel the same.”

“But what if she does? She could of just been confused with all the emotions thrown at her all at once and so fast.” Krista asked and A.j looked her straight in the eyes.

“What are you trying to say? You don’t want to be with me and that I should lust over a person I can’t have?”

“No Alex. That’s not what I meant at all.”

“Then what did you mean?” he asked and wrapped his arms around her.

“I just don’t want to end up with a broken heart.” Krista finished in a whisper.

“Krista the last thing you will end up with is a broken heart. I’ll never hurt you.”

“Promise?” She asked and looked at him. A.j smiled, kissed her on the lips.”

“Promise.” He answered.

~*~End of flashback~*~

A.j sighed and put his head in his hands. He made a promise to Krista and he’d be damned if his going to break it. But then why did he second-guess his feelings?


~*~Meanwhile~*~

Amber walked out her bathroom from a nice hot bubble bath. She decided to call up a travel agent to help her make plans for her getaway. She had told Brian she was going to visit family, she knew he would tell A.j and he would know right where to find her so she decided to go to Hawaii. Some place not to far away but not to close, a place where no one knew her. Amber needed some alone time to figure out what the hell she was going to do with the rest of her life. With her becoming one of most talked about writers she decide to write an autobiography. Maybe through her writings could she finally express these new emotions and make sense of them. She had always wanted to spend more time on her writing and what better way to do it then getting out this hectic life she lives in and go to the relaxing beaches of Hawaii.
The decision was finale, she was going to Hawaii and that was it! Amber dialed up the travel agent to make the arrangements.

“Hello, Florida Airways.” A young mans voice greeted. (AN: I don’t know it that’s even a place in FL…lol)

“Hi, I would like to purchase a plane ticket.”

“Destination?”

“Hawaii.”

“Name.”

“Amber Lynn Cortez.” (AN: Do I really have to tell you it’s a fake one?)

“When would you like to leave Miss Cortez?”

“As soon as possible” Amber stayed on the phone with the young man to confirm all her information. As she placed the phone back down on it’s cradle she felt relived. For once she was doing something for her. Amber smiled to herself, she was going to be happy for once and just leave her problems behind even if it was for a little while. Amber’s phone rang and she reached to pick it up, almost already knowing who was on the other line.

“Hello?” Amber asked.

“Hey Am, how’s it going?” Caitlin asked with deep concern for her friend.

“I’m doing much better Cate.” Amber giggled; she could just imagine the look on Caitlin’s face right about now.

“Not trying to spoil your fun but can I ask what put you in such a good mood?” Caitlin smiled.

“I just decide to take a break from my life and find myself. Do what makes me happy for a change.”

“More power to ya girl!” Caitlin and Amber laughed. ”You won’t mind me asking how Brian took the this do you?”

“Not at all. He took it better than I thought he would.”

“You mean you broke up with him?”

“I had to, if I wanted to get where I want to get in my life, he understands.”
40 by Destiny
Chapter 40

"So now you're with A.j right?"

"No, I don't think I need to leave here with a extra baggage on my shoulders know what I mean? Besides I told him how I felt and he choose Krista."

"Yeah, I guess that was a good ideal, that way you would have to worrying about anyone or anything but yourself. I'm sorry about Krista."

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna miss you Amby, won't you let Nick and I at least drop you off at the airport when it's time?"

"I'm gonna miss you to and no, it would be much easier for me this way. If you guys come I'll surely cry." They laughed. There was a short moment of silence before Caitlin spoke up again.

"Can I at least know where you're going?"

"I'd rather not say but I'll call you and let you know what's up but you can't tell anyone, I don't want any un-needed distractions."

"I understand." Caitlin sighed. "Is this the last time I'll be talking to you for awhile?"

"No, I leave in a few days."

"And you have to go and leave the week the boys go back to the studio to start their new album, leaving me all alone." Caitlin and Amber laughed.

"It's not that bad Cate, I promise." Amber smiled. "It's just the touring part with Nicky boys constant complains."

"I'll take you word on it." Caitlin giggled. "Besides, I have a feeling I'll keep him occupied."

"Whoa, to much info Cate." Amber laughed.

"What?" Caitlin asked innocently. "I was talking about playing with him on his Nintendo." She giggled.

"Sure Caitlin, whatever you say." The girls stayed on the phone awhile, just talking and laughing. Caitlin was one of the people Amber was going to miss the most. She was a true friend, you know, the kind you can always count on for their honest opinion and cares about you. She was going to miss Nick and all their picking on each other; they did that often. She was going to miss Brian for just being the understanding gentleman he was. Someone she knew loved her with all their heart no matter what obstacles where in their way. She was going to miss A.j and the relationship they wouldn't and couldn't have but she wasn't going to think about that. The next few days Amber and Caitlin hung out a lot and where getting teased about it from Nick Carter himself.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you to get over your self Nicky and just admit you and Brian enjoy your quite time together and stop putting it off on Caitlin and I." Amber smiled. She was over Nicks house after going shopping with Caitlin for her trip.

"Yeah Nickelodeon." Caitlin giggled and Nick looked at her wide-eyed.

"Now don't you start with that missy, your not gonna have Amber around to protect you." Nick smiled.

"Protect me from what? You? Please!" Amber and Caitlin busted out laughing.

"Hey, hey! Don't underestimate Nicolas Gean Carter!" Nick mocked hurt.

"Aww my poor Nicky." Amber pinched his cheek.

"Please don't do that Amby, that's what my grandmother does." Nick shuttered and Amber and Caitlin looked at each other and tried to hold the giggles in.

"Nicky will you ever quit." Amber laughed.

"NEVER!" Nick yelled.

"We should've known." Caitlin giggled. Amber spent two more hours and then left, saying a secret good bye to Caitlin because she was leaving in the morning.

"By Nick."

"By Amby." Nick called from his spot on the couch as Caitlin walked Amber to the door.

"Well I guess this is it." Caitlin muttered. She really didn't want Amber to go but she wanted her to find peace so she agreed with it.

"Yeah."

"I miss you already." Caitlin smiled, trying her best not to cry.

"Aww I miss you to but don't worry I'll be back, just don't know when but I know I'll be back." Amber smiled and hugged Caitlin.

"Bye Amby."

"Bye Cate." Amber got in her car a drove home. Caitlin locked the door and when she turned around she became face to face with Nick.

"Nick you scared the sh--." Caitlin was cut short by the confused look on Nick's face. "What?"

"Caitlin where is Amber planning on going?"

"Home?"

"Caitlin for real, I'm not joking where is she going?"

"I don't understand what your talking about Nick." Caitlin walked back into the living room to clean up a bit.

"Well I know for a fact you guys wouldn't say I'll miss you to each other is Amber was just going home." Nick stressed the word just.

"Nicky look, what ever Amber's is her business and hers alone ok?" Caitlin turned and looked him in the eyes. "She's a big girl babe, she knows what she's doing." She placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Nick sighed.

"Does Bri know she's leaving?" Nick asked and Caitlin nodded. "Did they break up?"

"Yeah, she didn't want to leave with attachments." Nick took Caitlin's hands and kissed them. "You gotta give her that much Nick, at least she told them the truth."

"Them?" Nick asked confused.

"Brian and A.j what you didn't know?" Caitlin was surprised.

"Wait so let me get this straight." Nick sat down and pulled Caitlin to his lap. "Amber broke up with Brian because she's in love with A.j?"

"Yeah." Caitlin whispered. "She loves them both but she just needs some time ya know, to figure it all out." Nick nodded in agreement.

"I hope Amby finds what she's looking for." Nick sighed.

"Me to Nicky." Caitlin snuggled closer to Nick and sighed. "Me to."



~*~The Next Day~*~

Amber was packing the last of her things for her flight. She couldn't wait to get out of here and relax for a change. Amber sat on her bed looking around the room to see if she had forgotten something when her eyes fell on a picture of her and A.j. She walked over to her dresser and picked it up and smiled, they were so happy then. Amber placed the picture in her suitcase and dragged it down stairs. Amber had called a cab so she wouldn't have to worry about her car; she had made all the arraignments to have one for her when she reached Hawaii as well as other things. Ten minutes later the cab pulled up and drove her to the airport. As Amber drove through her familiar neighborhood she began to miss it. Amber reached into her purse and pulled out her cell phone and dialed the numbers that would be forever burned in her mind.

"Hey this is A.j" Came his cheerful voice. "I'm not home right now but please leave a name and a number and if your lucky I might just get back to ya!" He chuckled. "And don't use up all my tape! *Beep* Amber smiled at his message.

"Uh Hi J, it's me. There's a lot of things I want to say to you but I only have a short time to say it so here it goes." Amber played with necklace A.j hade bought her for her sweet 16 some years back. "I'm sorry for causing you pain, I'm sorry for telling you I love you, I'm just." Amber stopped to choose her words. "I'm just sorry about this whole thing, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and make you mine but I can't." Amber sighed. "I'm gonna miss ya J, I really am. Be happy babe." And with that she hung up the phone, leaned back into her seat and closed her eyes to stop the tears from falling.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

A.j walked in his house and sat his keys down. After the Amber thing a few days ago he needed to clear his mind so he took a nice long walk to think about things. A.j noticed the light to his machine was blinking but ignored it and went to take a shower. As he reached his room he striped off his clothes and made his way to his bathroom. He stepped into the shower and let it's hot water relax him. After A.j was done he made his way downstairs and checked his messages as he looked for something to eat.

*Beep*

"Hey Bone it's me, Kevin. Just calling to say what's up and how ya doing? Call me back if you get the chance."

*Beep*

"Hey baby." Came Krista's voice and A.j smiled. "I wanted to let you know I made it back to Cali all in one piece, I would have called sooner it's just I was really busy. Well, miss you. Bye!"

*Beep*

"Uh Hi J, it's me." A.j's head shot up and looked at the machine. "There's a lot of things I want to say to you but I only have a short time to say it so here it goes." "I'm sorry for causing you pain, I'm sorry for telling you I love you, I'm just.I'm just sorry about this whole thing, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and make you mine but I can't." Amber sighed. "I'm gonna miss ya J, I really am. Be happy babe."

*Beep*

A.j sat there confused. Miss him why was she going to miss him? It wasn't as if he was going to stop being her friend or something. A.j looked at the number and recognized it was Amber's cell so he called her back but got no answer.

"Damn it!" A.j grabbed his keys and got in his car to go over Ambers. When he got there the house was dark so he use his key and went in.

"Amber? Baby girl are you here?" A.j asked to the empty house and got no response. Worried, A.j called Brian to see if she was with him but Brian said no and hung up. A.j called Nick to see if she was there.

"Look J, I don't know where she is. She's not here that's for sure."

"Do you know anywhere else she could be?" Nick sighed. "Come on Nick, if you know something tell me!" A.j demanded.

"A.j I.

"Nick! Tell me!" A.j was starting to get really angry.

"I don't know where she went but she's gone."

"Yeah no shit Sherlock but where? Where did she go!"?

"I don't know, she didn't tell me or Caitlin where she was going just that she was leaving and she would be back, when? I don't know." A.j sighed in frustration.

"Alright.thanks." A.j hung up the phone and sat down on the couch. He felt something under him so he moved a little to see what it was.

"Florida Airways?" He muttered to himself. "Why would she." A.j glanced down and read in Amber's handwriting her flight number and the time she was leaving, she left out her destination but A.j didn't care. He had to find her before she left. He bolted out of the house and in his car to make he's way to the airport.
41 by Destiny
Chapter 41


~*~Meanwhile~*~


“Nick, who was that?” Caitlin asked when she walked into he’s room.



“A.j.”



“What did he want?”



“He wanted to know where Amber was, he sounded really worried about her.”




~*~The Airport~*~


Amber sat on her chair waiting for her flight to be called. She looked at her watch and it read 9:48 p.m, that was good; he flight was leaving at 10.



“We’re now boarding for Hawaii.” Rang thru the air and shook Amber out her daze. She got up and waited in the long line to board her flight. A part of her was going to miss Orlando a lot. She was going to miss her old friends as well as her new ones.



“Amber!…Amber wait!” Amber turned around in disbelief and saw A.j running towards her. She got out of line and over to him.



“Alex what are you doing here?” Amber asked as A.j pulled her to the chairs and sat down to catch his breath.



“I…I…I had to…see…see you before you left.” He stuttered and pulled his baseball cap down over his eyes so people couldn’t recognize him.



“How did you find me?”



“I went to you house and found this.” A.j handed her the paper with her flight number. Amber smiled.



“Why would you go thru all this trouble just to find me?” A.j took her hand and kissed it.



“Amber I’m not gonna lie to you and tell you I don’t love Krista anymore because the truth is I still do love her very much.” Amber nodded, she already understood. “But I want you to know that I do having those feelings for you as well and I couldn’t let you go without letting you know that I do love you. Do you think that one day you and I could be together?”



“It’s possible.” Amber smiled and so did A.j. “I love you to.”



“I’m gonna miss ya baby girl, I want more than anything to come with you but I know you need your space, I’ll be waiting for you.” Amber smiled and pulled A.j in for a hug.



“I’m gonna miss you to J.” A.j pulled back and kissed Amber. He knew he shouldn’t but he needed to, he wanted to.



“Come back to me Amber.” He whispered in her ear. “Come back to me.”



“I’m going to find what my heart wants Alex, and while I’m gone you should do the same. I don’t want this false hope that we’ll be together, I want to find it and when your heart tells you what it wants listen to it. But right now I need to go, it’s for the best but I will return and where it goes from there is up to you and I. So in till that day comes this is goodbye…for a while.” A.j nodded as a small tear escaped his eyes. “There can be an us Alex, but only if you want it bad enough.” And with that Amber kissed him one last time and boarded her plane. She would come back when she was ready and maybe there would be a chance for her and A.j to be together, who knows. They had to find it in their hearts and souls if they were meant to be together then they would be. But for now the future was left unsaid and unplanned, open for new possibilities. Love works in unexpected ways and maybe Amber was right, maybe one day they would be together, but only time will tell. So that’s what they are giving each other…time. Time to find themselves and what they wanted.




THE END…



…Or is it?

Haha I'll post the second novel to this story soon!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2930