Learn To Love by Stephanie
Summary: What happens when a one night stand turns out to be much more?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 12114 Read: 18949 Published: 07/06/03 Updated: 07/18/04

1. Chapter 1 by Stephanie

2. Chapter 1 by Stephanie

3. Chapter 1 by Stephanie

4. Chapter 4 by Stephanie

5. Chapter 5 by Stephanie

6. Chapter 6 by Stephanie

7. Chapter 7 by Stephanie

8. Chapter 8 by Stephanie

9. Chapter 9 by Stephanie

10. Chapter 10 by Stephanie

11. Awards by Stephanie

Chapter 1 by Stephanie
Chapter 1

Bridget ran down the stairs of her apartment building. She was already running late and waiting for the elevator would only waste time. Faith and Jacky, her two band mates were waiting down stairs for her already. They had a big audition today. For the past two months they had spent almost all of their free time preparing for this. If they got the job, they would be opening up for the BackStreet Boys on their world tour. That would be the break that they were waiting for.

"Bridget!!" Faith yelled as she saw the younger woman run out of the building, "what the hell took you so long? We're going to be late!"

"Chill out," Bridget replied as she opened the door to the car and sat in the back seat, "it's not like we're the first act or anything. We can afford to be a little late."

"This better not be what costs us this gig," Faith warned in her usual motherly like way.

"Don't worry about it. They probably won't even know! So just drive the damn car and get us there already!"

"Bridget, this is a big deal for us," Faith said as she pulled the car into the road, "so please just act like you care."

"I do care," she replied as she ran her brush through her medium length brown hair, "if I didn't, I wouldn't have joined up with you guys in the first place."

"Leave her alone Faith," Jacky said to the first time, "she's probably just buggin' out that's all. None of us has ever had this big of a chance before."

"And that's why she should have been on time," Faith replied. Bridget rolled her eyes as she put her brush back into her bag.

"Faith, you know that I love you right?" Bridget asked, "but sometimes you're just a pain in my ass. Everything is going to be alright so just relax."

"How can I relax when I know that this audition might decide the rest of our careers! Girls, we could hit it big if we do this right!"

"We know that Faith," Jacky responded, "and that's why we have to act as normal as possible. So that way they actually hire us and not think we're just a group of nervous wrecks! That might cost us the job!"

"How do you figure?"

"Think about it. If they see how nervous we are preforming just for them, they're going to think that we're not going to be able to handle large crowds, which are the kinds that I know for a fact that these guys draw. So just relax and have fun."

"I just want this so much," Faith replied.

"So do we," Bridget informed her, "but we might not get it and we have to be ready. I mean the add was so vage. Sure, they might think that we're talented, but not what they're looking for. Who the hell knows what they're lookin' for. They might hire some old guys who's only experience is playing in the others garage."

"That makes me feel a lot better," Faith replied sarcasticlly.

"Don't mention it."

~*~*~

Nick Carter sighed as he walked into the arena and saw the other guys already sitting there, waiting for him. Kevin would for sure lecture him about being late. Especailly now. Since he completed touring for his solo album, things between him and Kevin had been very uneasy. He couldn't understand what started this fued, but he just knew that there was no way that he was going to get Kevin to have a change of heart. So he just ignored everything that went on between the two of them. He acted as if it was how things were supposed to be.

"Carter, I told you noon," Kevin Richardson snapped as he watched Nick walk down towards him the the other members of the band, "you knew that we were auditioning bands today."

"Did I miss anything?" Nick asked.

"No but..."

"Then all is good. Let's get this party started!" he declared as he took a seat next to his long time best friend and band mate, Brian Littrell.

"Where were you?" Brian whispered as he leand towards Nick.

"Back at the hotel. I just didn't feel like gettin' outta bed. I didn't know how late it was," he answered in a whisper as the first band took stage. After about fifteen bands had played, the guys had yet to decide which one they thought would be fit as their opening act. They had decided to take a short intermission to talk about it among themselves.

"I liked the sixth group," AJ McLean said as they started talking about the bands.

"Yeah, I have to agree with AJ," Howie replied.

"I haven't really liked any of them yet," Nick said, "I mean they're good but I haven't seen anything that really stands out and makes me think 'wow.'"

"Nick's right," Brian replied, "these guys are all really talented but nothing has caught my eye just yet."

"Fine," Kevin answered, not wanting to get into a fight with Nick, "let's keep going and see what else there is. Someone here should be good enough."

~*~ BackStage~*~

"We're next," Faith informed the other girls.

"We know," Bridget replied, "but just remember, be cool and relax."

"I'm so nervous," Faith confessed.

"Maybe Bridget or I should sing lead then," Jacky suggested.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm sure I can handle it." Bridget looked at her and placed her hands on her hips.

"You were the one..."

"Ladies, you're on," the stage manager yelled. The three girls quickly went onto the stage. This was their chance and they knew it so they sang their hearts out. In their minds it was their best preformance ever.

"Congrats ladies," Kevin said after a quick talk with the guys, "you're hired!" Screams came from the three girls after they were told the good news. They knew that this was going to be their chance for fame. If this tour didn't get them out there, then there would never be a tour that could bring them fame.

"Thanks guys," one of them answered while the other two still vented their excitement.

"We'll be back in a few minutes to talk to you guys." She nodded and the three girls headed towards the backstage area. Nick smiled to himself. He was glad that they won, in his mind, they were one of the only bands with talent. It only took the guys a few moments before they found their way to their new opening act.

"We want to thank you guys for letting us open for you guys," one of the ladies said.

"Hey, you girls are talented. We're happy to have you in the BackStreet family," Brian replied.

"Glad to be part of it."

"I'm Kevin," Kevin stated as he extended his arm.

"Faith," she replied as she took his hand, "and these girls are Jacky and Bridget."

"Hey," Jacky replied with a smile on her face.

"That's AJ, Brian, Howie and Nick," Kevin introduced.

"Sup," Bridget said.

"Let me tell you a bit about the three of us," Faith said.

"It's okay, I'm sure we'll get to know you because of all of the time that we're going to be spending with each other," AJ said.

"AJ," Kevin said as he looked over at the younger, smaller man.

"Jacky's 18 and fresh out of high school. Bridget's 23 and out of her mind.."

"Hey, watch it," Bridget snapped, interupting Faith.

"Couldn't resist," Faith replied with a wink, "and I'm 26 and some how got stuck with these two. I still have yet to figure out quite why or how."

"You love us," Jacky reminded her.

"How'd ya'll meet?" Brian asked curiously.

"Well Bridget dated my little brother for a while," Faith replied, "we got talking and got to be friends even after they broke up. I ment Jacky through Bridget because she went to school with her cousin or something like that."

"What got you guys into singing?" Howie asked.

"We all liked it and thought it might be a fun idea if we all got together. I think that was a damn good idea cause we've done pretty well," Faith answered.

"Alright ladies, we'll be seeing you very soon. Take care until then, we have some business to take care of," Kevin replied as he shook at the girls hands.

"Can't wait," Jacky mentioned as Kevin shook her hand.
Chapter 1 by Stephanie
Chapter 2

The month before the tour went by quickly. Day after day, the girls rehearsed. Faith was determined to have the group preform it's best every night. The hours were rapidly melting away as the girls waited for the guys to meet up with them. Touring started today. Though their first show was tomorrow, they were already becoming very excited.

"Faith, I'm going to take a break," Bridget announced. Faith looked at her dissapprovingly.

"We have to be perfect and we can only be perfect if we practice," she explained.

"Yeah well I need to chill before I pass out alright?"

"We're going to have a break in about twenty minutes," Faith reasoned as she looked from her watch back to Bridget, "I think you can make it until then."

"Sounds a lot like a certian someone that I've worked with for the past ten years," Nick commented, causing the girls to turn around and look at him, "too bad Kev's already married or we might have found a match."

"Come on Nick, tell Bridget, since you have experience in this sort of thing, that you need to practice," Faith asked.

"Yeah well, my experience also tells me that you should stop when your body tells you that it's had enough," he answered.

"See," Bridget said with a grin on her face, "I need my break. I'll be enjoying it down the hall. Away from the insane workaholic." Nick smiled at her as she walked out of the room.

"Why must you encourage her?" Faith asked.

"Because I know where she's coming from," Nick explained, "when I first started this, it was way too much for me to handle. Give her time, she'll get used to it, I promise."

"Not if she doesn't try," Faith countered.

"Look, you don't need to push her past her limits. That's what happens to a lot of acts out there. They get pushed to far and they can't handle it. That's when they break down and you never hear from them again."

"Faith, don't say anything," Jacky interupted before Faith could reply. Jacky knew all to well the look on her face. It said 'oh no you didn't' and she was ready to tear Nicks head off.

"Fine, I'll be back," she replied as she walked out of the room.

"Is she always like that?" Nick asked.

"No, she just wants things to go well. When she's serious about something, she lets it take control of her life. She just wants this to go well," Jacky explained.

"If I didn't know better I would swear that she was Kevins long lost sister or something," Nick joked. Jacky laughed then shrugged.

"You never know."

"Yeah well I know that now I'm going to have double the trouble. Mixing her and Kevin is defnately not a good thing, especailly for me."

"Probably for Bridget too," Jacky replied.

"Do they always fight like that?"

"Basically. They're great friends, at least I think or there would never have been a group. There's just some history between them."

"Faith said Bridget dated her brother. She dump him or something?"

"Look, they didn't actually date," Jacky commented, "you can't tell anyone that I told you this though."

"I won't say a word."

"They were more fuck buddies than anything. It pisses Faith off to think that her brother could be like that. She blames it on Bridget sometimes."

"If Faith hates her so much, why did you guys become a band?"

"You ever hear that saying, 'keep your friends closer, and your enemies even closer?'" Jacky asked. Nick nodded. "Well I think that's what Faith has going through her mind."

"Why don't you ever say anything to either of them?"

"Because I think once Faith really gets to know Bridget, she'll realize that she's not as bad as she thinks she is. I've known Bridget and she's a good friend. Faith has other things on her mind other than friendship."

"Do you think that's why Faith pushes her so hard?"

"I know that's why."

"And you've never said anything to either one of them?"

"Talking to Faith is almost impossible. She has it set in her mind that Bridget is bad and that she needs to help her become 'good.' Bridget on the other hand, well she's Bridget. She knows what's going on, it's impossible not to see, but she's not going to be the one that breaks. Personally I think she's a lot stronger than Faith in that way."

"You'd think Bridget stole her man or somethin'," Nick commented. Jacky smiled.

"Nope, Faith says that the guys that Bridget goes out with are horny frat boys. Whereas she preferes the more adjusted and sophisticated men."

"Couldn't be more different could they?"

"No way in hell."

"Good luck having them in your life everyday," Nick replied.

"Luck isn't all that I'm going to need," she answered.

"We're going to be leaving soon so I'll talk to you later," Nick told her.

"Alright c-ya," she answered as Nick walked towards the door.

"Peace."
Chapter 1 by Stephanie
Chapter 3

Bridget sighed as she sat in front of the tv in the backstage area of the arena. She still couldn't believe that she was there. As much as she complained about having to work, she loved it. She only wished that Faith wouldn't push her as much as she did. Though she knew the reason why she did it. Faith's brand of 'tough love' started when she had walked in on Bridget and Allan, her brother, having sex. An arguement ensued which lead to the truth about Allan and Bridget's relationship came out. Ever since that night, Faith has always been hard on her.

There had never really been a normal relationship between Allan and Bridget. It had always been sex. They met at a club. Where Bridget meets most of the men that she dates. They got talking. That was when they found out that neither of them was really looking for a relationship. One idea lead to another and that's how the idea of being 'fuck buddys' was born. They had never intended for them to meet each others family. Faith just happened to come home one night as Bridget was leaving. The only thing that he knew Faith would accept was the she was his girlfriend.

"Hey Bridget," Nicks voice came, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Oh hey Nick," she replied as she looked over at Nick. 'Now that I think about it,' Bridget thought to herself, 'he's pretty damn hot.'

"How's it goin'?" he asked.

"Okay, and thanks for eariler Nick. I really needed to take a brake," she told him as she kept her eyes on him. Studying him.

"Hey don't mention it. I just wish that I had someone who would have done the same thing when I started this," he replied, "Kev did the same thing to me."

"So what are you doing tonight?" Bridget asked. Nick grinned at her.

"Why are you asking me out?"

"Only if you're going to say yes."

"What if the answer's no?" Nick questioned.

"Then I'd say that I just want the chance to get to know you since I'm going to be spending the next couple of months with you. May as well be friends," she replied.

"I'll see you tonight," Nick answered, causing Bridget to smile.

"Okay see you," she told him as he walked out of the the room.

"Who are you going to see tonight?" Kevin asked, although he had a pretty good idea. "Bridget," Nick answered reluctantly, because he knew that Kevin was going to give him some kind of lecture about why he shouldn't go out with her because they're working together.

"I don't think that's such a great idea."

"You never think anything I do is a good idea," Nick snapped.

"Nick, we're going to have to work with her for the next few months," Kevin explained as Nick rolled his eyes, he knew this was coming. "This is only going to make things uncomfortable."

"Why don't you just stay out of my business Kevin?"

"I'm just trying to make things as pleasant as possible for these ladies and I don't think you're asking Briget out is going to make the other girls too happy."

"Well than you'll be glad to know that Bridget asked me out, I merely accepted the invitation," Nick answered as he started to walk down the hall.

"You could have said no," Kevin replied, causing Nick to stop. He smiled to himself, but didn't turn to face Kevin.

"Why should I deprive the lady of what she wants," Nick commented and then continued to walk. Kevin shook his head in fustration. There wasn't anything that he could say to make Nick stay at the hotel, alone. Things between them lately had been becoming more and more tense. Nick was really going to mess things up for this group. He knew what Nick was like. This was only going to be a one night thing. All of the girls he brought back to the hotel were like that. Kevin walked into the room where Bridget was sitting.

"Bridget I need to talk to you about something," Kevin stated as he sat down on the couch next to her. She looked over at him. Aware of what he wanted to talk about. There was nothing else that he would have to talk to her about right now.

"I'm still going to go out with Nick tonight," she said as she turned her attention back to the tv. Nick was right, Kevin and Faith would have been great for each other.

"You can do what you want to, but I think that there's something that you should know."

"And what's that?" she questioned, still not looking towards Kevin.

"Nick really isn't the type of guy that wants to be in a relationship. All the girls he's with, he's just with them because he's either about to have sex with them or just did," Kevin explained.

"What made you think that I was looking for a relationship?" Bridget asked as she shut off the tv and stared directly at Kevin. He looked back at her. Not knowing what he should say.

"What?"

"Look, I'm young. I'm just looking to have a little fun. That's all. I don't need to be in a relationship," she further explained.

"Okay," Kevin replied, "I just thought that I would give you a heads up. I didn't want anyone to get hurt."

"No one will," she told him, "but thanks for lookin out for me." He nodded and left the room. Shock still flowing through him. He hadn't expected Bridget to be the player that she was coming off to be. Maybe it was just an act so that he wouldn't see how upset that so was so that she could bust Nick tonight without any problems or anyone knowing. That had to be it because there was no way that a girl as young as her would be involved in that sort of thing.
Chapter 4 by Stephanie
Chapter 4

"Hey Nick," Bridget called when she saw Nick step off of the elevator. He smiled as he began to walk towards her. She looked amazing and he knew that tonight was going to be a lot of fun.

"Hey girl, you look hot," he answered as his eyes scanned over her again.

"Thanks baby," she replied, "I was thinking that we just stay here at the hotel. In the bar and talk for a little while. What do you think?"

"I think that sounds like a great idea," he told her as they started to walk towards the bar. Bridget couldn't help but stare at him. He was absolutely amazing. She couldn't wait to get him upstairs and into bed. She had spent the past several hours imgaining what he was like in the bedroom. As the night progressed, it became harder and harder for Bridget to restrain herself and not jump on him right there. She had no idea what he was saying to her, she'd lost all interest in concersation. Now was the time.

"How 'bout we go up to your room," Bridget whispered into Nicks ear. He smiled and grabbed her hand. Casually they started to walk towards the elevator. Nick stood impatiently as he waited until they reached their floor. Quickly, Nick guided her to his room. Once inside he made sure the door was locked and then turned around to face Briget. There was a wide smile on her face as Nick walked towards her.

Nick bent down slightly so that he could roughly kiss Bridget. She moaned as they fell onto the bed. Almost instantly, Nick began tugging at her clothes. Bridget wrapped her arms around Nicks neck and pulled him closer to her. Nick pulled away from Bridget as he pulled his own shirt off. Bridget smiled, she was going to really enjoy herself tonight. Nick slipped his hands into Bridgets shirt as his lips met hers again.

Quickly, Nick pulled her shirt off. Only breaking their kiss for a second. Bridgets hands found their way to the fly of Nicks jeans. Her hands quickly opened them and pushed them off of Nicks body. Nick pulled away from her lips and started to place kisses on her neck. Moving down her body. He stopped when he reached her breasts, covered by only her black lace bra. Nick arms went around Bridget and he undid the garment.

Throwing it to the side, he instantly went to her newly revealed skin. Bridget moaned as Nick sucked on the nipple one her right breast. As his mouth stayied on her breasts, his hand moved down her body and stripped her of the rest of her clothes. His boxers soon joined the pile on the floor. Without warning Nick thrust two of his fingers into Bridget. Bridget screamed out in shock and pleasure. Nick kept a rapid pace going as he watched Bridget move under him. She bucked her hips in hopes to push Nick futher into her. It wasn't long until Nick felt her beginning to tighten around his fingers.

"Cum for me baby," Nick demanded into Bridgets ear. She screamed out as waves of pleasure started to take control of her body. Without stopping, even to catch her breath, Bridget flipped them over so that she was now on top. Nick smiled up at her as his eyes gazed over her naked form. She smiled and soon took action. Not wanting to waste anytime. She placed a soft kiss on his stomach and heard him take in a deep breath, knowing what was about to happen.

Bridget smiled, knowing what he wanted. Instead of letting his manhood fill her mouth, she grabbed it in her hands. Nick moaned as Bridget ran her tounge along the tip. She then started to pump her hand up and down his shaft. Nicks moans grew louder as her hand started to move faster. Bridget was shocked when Nick grabbed her hand.

"Stop," he said, "I want you to ride me." She smile and then placed herself over him and let him slide inside of her. Bridget put her hands on Nicks shoulders and started moving quickly. Her pace began to quicken as she neared the edge. It only took a few more thrusts before they both reached their climaxes. Bridget rolled off of Nick and laid on the bed to catch her breath.

"Wow," Nick murmured, "that was fucking amazing."

"Glad you enjoyed it," she answered as she slipped out of the bed and started gathering her clothes. Nick sat up and looked at her.

"Bridget," he said.

"Yeah," she replied as she pulled her panties back on.

"Did you feel something earlier?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know really. I've never felt it before, but when I was with you right now, I felt something. Like this could be more than just sex," he attempted to explain. Bridget smiled at him as she pulled her shirt back over her head.

"Honey, it was just sex. That's all it was," she replied.

"No," he answered sternly, "I've had sex with a lot of girls before. There was something different about you. I want to find out what that is."

"I think you've had a little too much to drink."

"Bridget, I'm not drunk. I know what I'm talking about."

"Sure Nick. Tonight was fun," she continued, ignoring what Nick was saying to her, "but that was it. Just a little fun. It's not going to happen again."

"Wait," Nick said as he jumped out of the bed and put his boxers on as he chased after Bridget who was about to leave. "Don't go. I want to talk to you."

"Well I don't want to talk. I want to go to my room and go to bed," she answered as she reached for the door knob. Nick grabbed her arm before she could reach the door.

"Please, just for a few minutes," he pleaded. Bridget looked back at Nick and looked over his body one more time as she thought about what she said. She wasn't going to change her mind. Tonight was just supposed to be a one night stand.

"No," she answered, "now please let go of my arm." Nick sighed and let her arm fall from his hand. She turned around and left the room. Nick just stood there, not knowing what to do.

The next morning Nick stumbled out into the hallway. He had been up the entire night thinking. Last night had really changed his life. Something about being with Bridget had made him feel like it was right. Like she was the one. That was crazy though. They had just met. There was no way that he could feel like that.

"Hey Nick, what's wrong?" Brian asked as he stepped out into the hallway from him room and caught a glimpse of Nick. Nick stopped and looked at him.

"I need to talk to you Brian," Nick replied.

"Alright, lets go inside," Brian suggested, as he looked nervously towards his younger friend. "So what's wrong?"

"I went out with Bridget last night..."

"Yeah I heard about that. Kevin told me," Brian interupted. Nick surpressed a sigh and continued.

"Well things were going really well and then we went up to my room. From there, things got hot. I had the most mind blowing sex with that woman. But the thing is, I kinda felt something. Like there is supposed to be more than just sex with her."

"What did she say when you told her?" Brian asked.

"She said that I was just drunk and that last night was just for a little fun," he explained.

"She said that?"

"Yeah, but I couldn't convince her to listen to me. She got dressed and left, she didn't even as much hesitate about it. What am I supposed to do B?"

"I don't know Nick. I don't really know Bridget. She has her own reasoning for doing things, but if I were you and I was positive that there could be something serious, than I wouldn't give up on it. Keep trying to talk to her," he answered.

"Alright," Nick replied as he ran his hand through his hair, "thanks man. I really needed to talk to someone about that."

"Hey no problem. Now go find Bridget and talk to her," Brian stated. Nick nodded and walked out of Brians room and towards Bridget. He knocked at the door, but he never recieved an answer. He sighed and started to head down stairs. Nick met up with security and headed towards the arena. Kevin and Howie were already there, but Nick really didn't want to talk to Kevin. He knew that he would just be yelled at. Nick smiled softly when he saw Jacky. Maybe she would be able to help him.

"Hey Jacky," Nick greeted.

"Hi Nick," she replied.

"Look I need to ask you something. Last night..."

"You slept with Bridget," she finished, "yeah I know. She told me, she tells me who she sleeps with. Kinda like all these guys are throphies or something." Nick looked at her. Not sure what to make of that comment.

"Did she tell you about what I said to her?"

"No, I didn't think there was actually conversation involved," she replied.

"Look, last night when I was with Bridget I felt something. When I told her about it, she told me I was drunk and left. I figure that since you guys are such good friends, maybe you could help me out. I want to be with her," Nick explained.

"Don't even bother," Jacky replied with a slight laugh, "there is no way that you're going to get Bridget to go out with you. So don't get yourself all worked up."

"Throw me a bone here Jacky," Nick pleaded.

"I'm trying to Nick! Bridget doesn't date. She looks for guys to sleep with. That's it. If you were to ask her how many guys she's been with, it would be some crazy number, that is if she can even remember. Many guys have tried to get with her, but she doesn't want that and you're not going to change her mind so don't even try."

"We went out last night, we hung out at the bar," he explained.

"That doesn't mean anything Nick. She does that with just about every guy. That's how she met Faith's brother. In a bar."

"Jacky I felt something when I was with her..."

"That's fine. You can feel whatever you want but you're not going to get Bridget to commit. Trust me Nick. I'm telling you this because I don't want to see you get hurt. Don't get involved."
Chapter 5 by Stephanie
Chapter 5

"Bridget," Jacky called as she saw her friend walk into the ladies room.

"Yeah?" she replied as Jacky walked into the bathroom behind her.

"You really need to talk to Nick," Jacky urged and Bridget laughed as she walked into one of the stalls.

"He's had his fun," she replied, "just like all of the other guys. He probably just wants more. They all do."

"It's not like that Bridget and you know it," Jacky stated as Bridget imerged from the stall and headed towards a sink. "He said he felt something. He just came up to me for advice. None of the other guys have ever done that. There's something different with him."

"Are you trying to convince me to see him again?" she asked as she turned away from the sink and grabbed a towel. "Because it's not going to work. Last night was just sex. That's it. He knows that as well as I do."

"Okay fine," Jacky stated, "but you should talk to him anyway. To at least let him know that you're not interested because he's really into you."

"Alright, if it makes you happy," she replied as she started to head out of the bathroom.

"And do it before the show!" Jacky called.

"You're full of demands today little one, aren't you?" Bridget asked as she turned to face Jacky. Jacky stared back at her.

"I just don't want this to get in the way of either of our performances. So just take care of what you have to do alright?"

"Do I ever let you down?" Bridget replied as she walked out of the bathroom. Jacky sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't really know what else to do. The show didn't start for another couple of hours. She just hoped that Bridget was serious and was really going to talk to Nick. Jacky wondered out of the bathroom. Not really aware of her surroundings.

"Hey Jacky are you alright?" Howie asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just have some things on my mind," she explained.

"Oh, you nervous about tonight?" he asked.

"Beyond belief," she stated, "we've never been in front of a crowd like that before. Now I know why Faith wanted us to work so hard. It would be embarssing if we messed up."

"Yeah but when you get up there, it's like a rush. You won't be nervous for long, I promise. To tell you the truth, it's going to go by really fast. Like a flash," he explained.

"That's when you know that the crowd likes you. I'm sure it's much different if you're up there and no one knows who the hell you are or if you're even any good."

"With our fans, they probably already know a lot about you guys and your music. I wouldn't worry about it," Howie told her.

"Okay," she answered.

"So now are you going to tell me what's really bothering you?"

"That is what was bothering me," she defended.

"Come on, you have something on your mind. You can talk to me. I'm only here to be your friend. Are you sure you don't want to talk?"

"Thanks for the offer Howie, but I'm okay, really."

"Alright, but remember, if you ever need to talk, come find me."

"I sure will," she replied as she started to walk away from him. She didn't want to explain to Howie about what was going on between Bridget and Nick. Too many people knew already.
~*~
"Brian, she told me to forget about it," Nick explained to his best friend as they walked down the halls, to no place particular.

"Why would Jacky tell you that?" Brian questioned.

"I don't know, but she said that Bridget isn't really the type to get involved in relationships."

"No offence buddy, but neither are you," he pointed out.

"Alright fine, I'll admit it. I haven't been good about keeping a girl but I think this time it could be different. I just wish she would give me a chance."

"Nick, Jacky knows Bridget better than the both of us. She knows what she's like. Maybe you should back off for a little while," Brian suggested, "that might be better."

"I'm not going to give up Brian. I felt something last night and I'm not going to ignore it, not at least until I know what it is."

"If she's not going to give in then you're not going to find out anyway. You'll just be running around trying to convince her to do something that she's not going to do."

"So what am I supposed to do? Ignore her through the whole tour?"

"No, I think you should talk to her at some point but don't try to get her to go out with you. You're my friend Nick and that's why I'm saying this to you: you're going to look desperate if you follow her around all the time trying to talk her into going out with you."

"I don't care how I look, I just want a fuckin' chance," he explained.

"Can I talk to you Nick?" Bridget asked as she stepped out of no where and stopped Nick.

"Yeah, sure," Nick replied, stunned.

"Come with me," she said as Nick walked towards her. Taking one last glance at Brian, he followed Bridget back to her dressing room. "Nick we need to talk."

"Bridget, you have..."

"Let me talk Nick. Jacky came to me today and told me that you were asking about how to get with me. Nick I told you last night that what happened was nothing. It was sex. Nothing more. So please, just leave me alone," she told him.

"That's what I thought at first too. We both had that on our minds but after it happened, something came over me that I've never felt before.."

"Maybe you just need to find more girls who know what they're doing. You'll probably feel that more often," she interupted.

"Bridget, that's not what it is."

"Come on Nick," Bridget said as she came closer to Nick and put her mouth by his ear and ran her fingers down his chest, "yeah last night was fun, but I'm a one night only type of girl."

"Make it two nights," Nick said, hoping that he could do something to make Bridget change her mind. She smiled as she ran her tounge over his ear.

"I'll make an acception for you because last night was pretty damn good, but after tonight, baby that's it," she told him and then walked away. Nick stared in the direction that Bridget dissappeared into. He was going to have to find a way to get Bridget to see that he was serious.
Chapter 6 by Stephanie
Chapter 6

Bridget walked down the hallway of the hotel. She hardly ever spent more than one night with a guy. Something about Nick drew her back. It was probably all the experience that he had. More often than not, Bridget ended up with guys that didn't know what they were doing. It was a nice change for her. That's also what Nick must have thought about her. After all, the majority of the girls that he was sleeping with must have been young groupies who had no idea about what went where. Bridget knocked on the door and smiled when Nick answered without a shirt.

"Come on in," he told her as she looked at him and walked into the room. He took a silent breath and hoped that all his planning wouldn't be for nothing. His eyes scanned over the room quickly one last time. Candles lit the room and rose petals were scattered all around the room with the majority of them on the bed. He smiled to himself, satisfied with what he had done.

"What's with all the flowers?" Bridget asked as the sent filled her sences. She couldn't believe that Nick had done all of this for her. No man had ever done anything like this for her.

"I thought it would make the night much better," he whispered as he walked up behind her, put his hands on her waist and gentally started to kiss her neck. A soft moan escaped her lips as he continued to kiss her neck. He smiled to himself. Everything was going as he hoped it would. Bridget would see just how serious he was about wanting to pursue something with her.

The next morning, Nick woke up and looked around the room. Rose petals were still scattered all around and there was no sign of Bridget. Last night she had fallen asleep in his arms. He was almost positive that was a good sign. Nick took everything so slow last night. He could tell that she wasn't used to that because she wasn't really sure what to do. She did end up enjoying it though, he could tell. Now she was gone again. He let out a long breath and then heard a knock at the door.

"What!?" he yelled. He didn't want to talk to any one right now. He just wanted to think and replay last nights events in his mind again. He'd made love to her, it wasn't just plain sex like they were both used to. It was something more. Still she choise to ignore it.

"Nick you'd better hurry up and get out here before Kevin comes and kicks your ass," Brian warned through the door.

"I just want to stay in bed, I don't feel like doing anything," he replied as he pulled the sheet closer to his naked body. They were doing an interview at the local radio station, he didn't need to be there for that.

"Buddy what's wrong?" Brian asked as he stepped inside Nicks room. "Oh."

"She left again Brian. This time she did it after I was asleep," Nick mumbled as he buried his head deeper into the pillow. "I tried so hard last night to show her that I care. What did I do wrong?"

"Nick, I doubt you did anything wrong. You just did it to the wrong woman," he explained, "I'll tell Kevin that I said that you can stay here. You need to relax for a little while."

"I just don't understand Brian. I did everything that I could think of to make her realize that I'm serious about what I said. I've never done anything like that before, for a girl," Nick said mindlessly as Brian looked at him.

"Yeah Nick, I know," Brian replied.

"What am I supposed to do?" Nick asked hopelessly.

"I don't know what to tell you, Nick. I'm not going to lie to you. Usually I would tell you to go after this girl but you already did...," Brian stated as he looked around the room, "I'd tell you to leave her alone but I know that's not going to help either. So Nick, sorry to say but this one's up to you. You have to decide what's best."

"I wanna give this a shot...."

"I know that Nick, but Bridget isn't going to let that happen. So what are you going to do? Pursue Bridget, even though you know that she's never going to return your interest or just forget about her for now. Maybe she needs to grow up a little bit."

"How long would I have to wait?"

"I don't know, until she's ready I guess."

"That could take years."

"Yeah, I know," Brian replied seriously.

"I can't wait years Brian. I want to be with her now. What if I don't want to be with her in a few years? What if something happens?"

"Then it wasn't meant to be," he answered without hesitation.

"You have to look at things in a certain way. If something is meant to happen, then it will. I believe that's what got us to where we are today and if you want something to happen with Bridget and it was meant to happen, then it will. Just don't go around beating yourself up over something that you had no control."

"Maybe if I had done something different..."

"No, no, no. There you go already. Nick you didn't do a damn thing wrong, shit. I don't know how to tell you that you did everything right. It's just her. The problem is with Bridget, not with you," Brian snapped. Nick looked up at Brian, his eyes showing confussion. "Nick, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone off on you like that."

"No, it's okay Brian. It is, really," Nick assured him, "I think I needed that." Brian laughed. At least him going insane in Nick hadn't been a completely bad thing. Something may actually come out of it. I should do this more often, Brian thought to himself.

"So are you going to come with us or do you want to stay here?" Brian asked.

"I think I should stay here. I need to put myself back together," Nick replied. Brian forced a small smile as he looked down at his best friend.

"Alright, I'll see you later then alright?" Brian answered as he walked out of Nick's room. Leaving him with his thoughts. Nick sighed as he turned over to stare at the ceiling. He had no idea what he was going to do. Bridget was never going to let him into her heart, assuming that she even had one. Everything was just a game to her, he had learned that much already. She was never going to let him win, no matter what he said. Nick grinned to himself as an idea formed. He knew what to do to get her attention.
Chapter 7 by Stephanie
Chapter 7

Nick walked down the hallway of the hotel. The guys were still at the radio interview and they would be there for a while. Nick knew he had to act now. This was going to be one of the very few occassions that everything was calm and orderly. His eyes scanned over the large room he found himself in. He stopped when he saw Jacky sitting in one of the chairs, reading a book.

"Jacky I need you to do something for me," Nick said suddenly. Jacky looked up from her book, surprised to see that Nick was there.

"Didn't you guys have some interview or something that you had to do today?" she questioned, puzzled by the fact that Nick was standing before her.

"Yeah this radio thing, but I wasn't up to going. Brian said it was okay, but Jacky, I need to ask you to do something for me," Nick said, trying to bring back the subject that he wanted to be talking about.

"I talked to Bridget if that's what you want. There's nothing else that I can do. She's going to do whatever the hell it is that she wants. That's why I think you should back off," Jacky explained.

"I know that you talked to her. Bridget told me," Nick answered. "That's not what I'm here for."

"Then what is it?"

"Kiss me."

"Say what?" Jacky asked, completely shocked by his request.

"I said kiss me. If Bridget sees us kissing she might get jealious..."

"Nick you're insane. I'm not going to kiss you. Besides, it won't bother Bridget at all. She's a one night woman. I've told you that and I'm sure she has too."

"I was with her again last night." Nick said. "She agreed to see me again. That has to mean something."

"Look, being on tour doesn't give her as much time as she's used to for picking up guys. That's probably why she did it."

"Faith come on..." Nick stopped when he heard Bridgets voice. She was heading towards them, Nick knew it. Without warning Nick swiftly went over to the chair where Jacky was sitting and kissed her roughly as Bridget walked into the room. She paused and stared. "Jacky's a little busy.." Bridget called out to Faith as she slowly began to back away from them. Once she was at a distance she felt was safe, she ran to her room.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" Jacky yelled as she pushed Nick off of her.

"I had to do something," he whispered, "I'm sorry."

"I.... I just can't believe you did that," Jacky stuttered. "Bridget is one of my best friends and if you're idea happens to work, which believe me is beyond impossible, I'm going to lose my best friend. Why? Because you're a fucking stuck up bastard."

"I'm sorry Jacky..." Nick began.

"Stop, you've been enough trouble already," she interupted as she picked up her book and walked down the hall way towards her room. She took in a deep breath. She was still shocked that he had kissed her. Not completely though. He wasn't thinking, but that didn't mean that she had to risk losing one of the only friends that she had because he was being stupid. Jacky stopped when she heard something slam up against the door in Bridgets room.

"Bridget?" Jacky called as she knocked on the door. All of the sounds in the room ceased. Jacky sighed and knocked again.

"Yeah?" Bridget answered bitterly, a moment later.

"Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I know you saw what happened..."

"And you thought it bothered me? Yeah, right," she said trying to hide that it had in fact hurt her. She just couldn't face that. "I've had 'em. He's great. I think you'll enjoy him."

"This is bugging you.." Jacky said, her eyes twinkling as she looked into her best friends, trying to see if she could read her emotions.

"No it's not. Are you crazy?" Bridget attempted a laugh, though she wasn't sure if it was a convincing one. Jacky came into the room completely and shut the door behind her.

"You really like him don't you?"

"He's a good lover."

"That's not what I mean and you know it," Jacky responded. "Tell me the truth Bridget. What do you really think of him?"

"Nothing," she answered, slightly hesitating.

"You hesitated!" Jacky replied as she pulled Bridget towards the bed to sit down with her. "That means you're lying to me. Now for real, what do you think of Nick?"

"I like him.... a lot..." Bridget confessed. "It wasn't after the first night like it was for Nick. I didn't think anything of what he said. But it was last night... it was last night that..."

"That what?" Jacky encouraged.

"That.." Brigdet started as she looked at her friend. "This is crazy.."

"No no no no no!! Bridget, you have to face it. You like him. Now tell me why or whatever it was that happened that made you like him." Bridget sighed.

"He just put so much effort into everything.. and I don't mean the sex. You had to see it Jacky. It was like.. I don't know.. wow. No one has ever done anything like that for me before and that scares the shit out of me."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"About what?"

"What you think about Nick. Are you going to try and see if there could be anything there?"

"Hell no. I'm just going to keep things just as they were before. Besides, whatever it is that I might 'feel' for Nick is probably nothing and it'll pass in a few days."

"That's what you think Brige. If you really like him, it's not gonna go away," Jacky commented, "he's gonna be on your mind for a while."

"Please," Bridget replied as she rolled her eyes. "But can I ask you something?"

"Sure, shoot."

"Why'd you kiss him?" Bridget questioned. A grin appeared on Jackys face as she looked at Bridget before she answered.

"He kissed me, first of all...."

"He what?" Bridget interupted.

"Was the one who kissed me. It was in no shape, way or form, my idea..."

"He kissed you and he had the fucking nerve to say all this shit to me about 'feeling' something and last night was had to have been a part of his fucking game," Bridget stated bitterly, with her voice raising.

"Chill Brige, he wanted to make you jelious. He just had this crazy idea and sprung it on me. I told him it was dumb and that he was crazy but... well... you know what happened."

"So your not going after him?"

"Not even interested. Have your way with him. Do whatever. I'm not going to get in the way. Besides, if I did like him, I wouldn't do anything about it because you're my best friend and I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt you and you know that," Jacky answered.

"Yeah I know. And that's why this is so stupid and crazy. He's just some guy, there are a lot more out there. I don't know why I'm letting all of this get to me."

"Because you like him," Jacky replied. "Otherwise you wouldn't give a shit. But you do Brige. So just go along with it. Trust me, it'll be a nice change."

"What if I don't want a change?"

"Then I would say that you're scared."

"Scared? Of what?" Bridget asked.

"Being in love. It's something new to you and that scares you. But don't let it because this is a good thing. Welcome it, I say. Or you might end up regretting it later on and that's not what you want to happen."

"Like you know anything about being in love. You're eightteen. You know as much about all of this as I do," Bridget stated.

"That's what you think. Yeah I'm young but I'm not stupid or emotionless. I've been in love and I've been loved and thats really all you need to push you."

"Well you know what Jacky, I've never been in love before, not that I believe in it anyway. What does anyone get out of love other than a whole lot of shit that they just don't want to deal with."

"You get the satisfaction of knowing that there will always be someone there for you when you need them. Bridget, you should really do something about this or you're going to be kicking yourself for a very long time."

"Yeah, whatever," Bridget remarked as she rolled her eyes.
Chapter 8 by Stephanie
Chapter 8

Bridget looked into the mirror as she brushed her hair into a pony-tail as she got ready for bed. The nights concert had gone over really well. The audience had loved them. Faith had actually become a lot less bossy with the other two girls because of the great job that they had done. Bridget sighed as she turned away from the mirror and caught a glance of a picture of Nick that she had brought before the show. She walked over to it, picked it up and stared down at Nicks smiling face.

Faith and Jacky didn't know that she had purhaced this photo. She didn't want to let anyone know that this man had captured her heart. No man had ever done that before and she wasn't about to give up everything that she had built in her life for him either. She didn't have anyone to talk to about this. By now Nick must have thought that she was a whore because he had probably talked to Faith inorder to get closer to her. He probably wouldn't want her any more. Absently, Bridget ran her fingers over Nicks picture but stopped abrutly when she heard someone knocking at her door.

"Just a second," Bridget called as she quickly hid the photo in the top draw of the night stand next to her bed. Casually she made her way over to the door and opened the door.

"Bridget, I want to talk to you," Nick said from the doorway. His body was covered with sweat, apparently he had gone straight to her room after he was done performing.

"What do you want Nick?" she answered, her voice filled with mock anger. She wanted him to believe that she was still upset by what had happened ealier in the day.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

"Please, I want to talk to you in private."

"This is a private floor isn't it?" Bridget shot back. Nick sighed, defeated.

"I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about this morning..."

"You're only sorry because I caught you," Bridget interrupted, "if I hadn't, you'd still be going after my best friend. What happened to that feeling you had, huh Nick? Guess you had that feeling with Jacky too, and probably every other girl you've been with."

"Bridget, it's not like that and you know that," Nick stated.

"Then what is it like Nick?"

"I don't know, I guess I just wanted to see if you'd get jealious.."

"Of what Nick? Think about it, I caught the guy that claimed that he had 'feelings' for me kissing my best friend, that makes you a dog and nothing more."

"If it's not bothering you, why are you acting so angry?" Nick questioned seriously.

"Because I can't believe you had the guts to come knocking on my door and act like nothing happened. Even if you had a small chance at getting with me, it's gone now. It died this morning."

"You were considering.." Nick asked meekly.

"Does it really matter any more Nick? I told you, it's dead, regardless."

"Can I be honest with you?"

"That would be a first." Nick looked at her but didn't comment.

"You can ask Jacky, I told her that I wanted to kiss her to make you mad, she didn't want to do it but I kissed her anyway before she could do anything about it. She'll tell you the same thing because that's what happened, I'm serious about that. I just want you to reconsider this. Give me a chance because like I've said, I feel something with you."
"How am I supposed to believe that Nick?" she asked quietly.

"Because it's the truth," he answered. Bridget looked up at Nick who was staring down at her. Part of her wanted to give in at that second and be his, but in her heart there was something telling her 'not yet.' Before Bridget could react, Nick had lightly kissed her upon her lips. "You know where to find me if you want me." Bridget stood in the door of her room as she watched Nick walk down the hall to his. Once he had gone inside, she ran down the hall and started to bang on Jacky's door.

"This better be good," Jacky said as she rubbed her eyes after opening the door to see Bridget standing there.

"I'm so confused. What am I supposed to do?"

"Do? About what?"

"Nick," Bridget replied with her eyes showing fear.

"Come on in," Jacky said. Bridget walked into the room and turned to face Jacky as she shut the door. "What about Nick?"

"I love him."
Chapter 9 by Stephanie
Chapter 9

"Tell me something that I didn't know," Jacky replied as she looked at her friend.

"I'm scared and I don't know what to do," Bridget told her.

"Go and talk to Nick. That's the best thing for you to do."

"Nick was just at my room. He told me about kissing you and it was to make me jealious, I didn't tell him but it did. It made me real jealious. I kinda told him that I was consdering being with him until he kissed you and then he promised me that he was telling the truth and then he kissed me. You don't know how bad I wanted to kiss him back but I didn't," Bridget spilled as tears started to form in her eyes.

"Why didn't you?"

"Because he thinks that I'm still mad at him for it. I called him a dog... he didn't seem to be bothered by it but, god Jacky what have I gotten myself into?"

"It's called love Bridget," Jacky replied as she pulled her best friend over to the bed and sat her down. "It's a great thing to have, only if you would let it in."

"I did and you see what it did to me!"

"No, you didn't let it in because you would be happy and with Nick."

"What am I supposed to do, Jacky?" Bridget asked.

"Go and talk to Nick. You need to work things out with him. Once you get all of this out, you'll feel a lot better, okay?"
"I'll talk to him in the morning, I don't want to look despirate."

"No, you're going to go talk to him right now while your emotions are still fresh. Now go get your ass over there," Jacky demanded.

"Fine," Bridget answered as she walked towards Jackys door, "thank you."

"No problem." Bridget forced a small smile and dissappeared into the hallway. She took a deep breath as she walked towards Nicks room. Slowly, she lifted her hand and knocked at the door. Nick opened the door and Bridget paused.

"Bridget," he said casually. Without thinking, Bridget reached up, cupped his face in her hands and kissed him roughly. He pulled back a moment later, surprised by her actions. "That was the last thing that I expected you to do," he answered with a slight tint of humor in his voice.

"I hate the power you have over me Nick," she answered honestly, "I hate the fact that... that I love you. I hate that whatever I do, I can't seem to tear my thoughts or my heart away from you. I hate that whatever you want me to do, I would probably do it without even thinking. I hate that you just came out of no where and changed everything. But I don't hate you, I love you."

"Now was that so hard?" Nick asked.

"Actually it was," she replied, brushing away the few stray tears that had rolled down her cheeks. Nick smiled at her. "I've never done that before."

"Come inside," Nick said. Bridget nodded and walked into his room. "What finally made you crack? I didn't think that you ever would."

"Everything. Jacky kept telling me to do what was in my heart and to be with you and when I saw you two, I don't know, I felt something that I never did before and it scared the shit out of me. I wasn't supposed to feel anything for you. What we had was just supposed to be sex. Then you just wouldn't leave me alone. You were always there telling me how you felt and it just got harder and harder to keep everything inside. If you had walked away from me, I never would have admitted it and I would have walked around regretting that for the rest of my life."

"I knew being a pest would pay off some day," Nick joked as he placed a soft kiss on top of Bridget's head. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him.

"You're crazy," she mumbled.

"Yeah, and that's why you love me."

"So what happens now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Is there an us now?" she asked.

"Yeah, I would think so."

"Does that mean we tell everyone?"

"We don't have too," he answered, "if we wanted, we could only tell our family and friends. Keep everything private."
"That's what I was hoping you were going to say," Bridget confessed.

"Those fans may look all nice and innocent, but if they find out we're together, they'll tear you apart," Nick joked.

"I think I can take them," she replied with a laugh.

"Yeah, so do I."

Bridget yawned as she awoke to find herself in Nick's room. So it wasn't a dream, she thought to herself, thank god. She wasn't sure if that was only a dream, if she would be able to handle going through it again. All the emotions were so real and hard to control. It wasn't something that she wanted to relive. Bridget scanned the room for a sign of Nick. He hadn't been next to her when she woke up. Streaching, Bridget stood from the bed and saw a piece of paper on the table beside her. 'Brige, had some things to do with the guys, be back later, Nick.' She smiled to herself as she put the note down and walked into the hallway.

"I'm assuming that things went well," Jacky said as she saw Bridget leave Nicks room.

"What would make you say that?" Bridget asked.

"The fact that you're coming out of Nicks room and he left three hours ago," Jacky replied with a smile on her face, "so are you going to tell me what happened or am I going to have to beat it out of you?" Bridget laughed.

"It was okay. I had no idea what I was doing or anything but for my first time, I think I did a pretty good job," Bridget explained.

"Are you guys official now?"

"Yeah, we are," she answered with a satisfied smile on her face. "I can hardly believe it, but yeah, there's an us."

"I'm happy for you Brig, I really am. You desirve to have a good man by your side, and it's about time that you realized that for yourself," Jacky told her.

"Honestly, I'm still really scared," Bridget confessed. "I don't know what's going to happen so I can't prepare for it."

"There's nothing to worry about. Nick cares about you and that's all you're going to need to make it through any type of problem you guys may have. Besides, if you ever need to talk to anyone, Faith and I are right here for you. We love you," Jacky reminded.

"Thanks, that really does mean a lot to me. Come on, hug," Bridget answered as she grabbed her friend into a tight embrace. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"You would probably have gone out every night and picked up guys so that you wouldn't have to think about Nick, but you and I both know that he would have been on your mind the entire time."

"Yeah, that sounds about right."

"You amaze me sometimes Bridget, you know that right? I mean Here's Nick, a great man that loves you, and here you are running away from him like he was some sort of monster. Do you know how many women want to be you right now? And I don't mean that because it's Nick that you're with but because you found someone who was actually worth something. But I knew from the beginning that you would do the right thing."

"What made you sure about that?"

"Call it a gut instinct. There was something there that never was before. Shit Brige, I've seen tons of guys walking out of your room but you never gave it a second thought and then here comes Nick, and I thought that he was just going to be like all of the others and then I saw the way you looked at him and I knew."

"That's why you're my best friend," Bridget replied, "come here I want to show you something."

"What are you up to?" Jacky asked as Bridget grabbed her arm and pulled her towards her room. Jacky walked inside quietly and shut the door behind her. "Now what is it that you wanted to show me?"

"Just how right you really were," Bridget answered with a smile on her face as she walked over to the nightstand and pulled out the picture of Nick that she had brought the night before. "I had someone pick it up for me."

"You're really something else, you know that don't you?" Jacky stated as she stared at the picture of Nick.

"The funny thing was, I was looking at the picture when Nick came to my door. It was like some sort of sign or something."

"A sign? Damn, you really do have something for him," Jacky joked.
Chapter 10 by Stephanie
Chapter 10

Nick sighed as he walked down the hall way of the hotel, his eyes wondering over everything. Everything about last night seemed to be unreal. They, he and Bridget, had spent hours talking until they both fell asleep. It had to have been one of the best nights of his life.

"Hey Nick," Brian called as he walked up behind Nick, "what's been on your mind bro? You looked like you had something important on your mind this morning."

"I was just thinking about Bridget."

"Nick.. you know..," Brian started but was interrupted by Nick.

"We talked for a while last night and she and I are together now. I didn't think that it would happen but she said that she loved me and I couldn't believe it. I hadn't expected her to just break down like that so fast."

"I guess you really made an impact on her," Brian replied. "But I'm happy for you. I'm glad that everything worked out in your favor."

"Thanks man, I don't know what I would have done without you," he stated, "I might have given up a long time ago."
"Hey, I can't take any of the credit, I did tell you to give up on her."

"Do I ever listen?" Brian laughed.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing that you didn't decide to start now." Nick smiled at his friend, glad to know that he had all of his support.

"Nick," Bridget said as she walked out of her hotel room causing Brian and Nick to look in her direction.

"Hi Bridget," Brian said. She smiled at him.

"Hey," she replied.

"Whatcha need?" Nick asked.

"Nothing. I just wanted to make sure that what happened was real."

"Very real," Nick answered.

"Well I'm going to leave you guys alone so that you can talk," Brian informed them as he walked towards his room.

"Good," she said with a sigh of relief.

"So we both thought that it was a dream."

"Yeah, it seemed like it was though, didn't it?"

"It did," Nick nodded. "Like some sort of fairy tale."

"The Prince and The Tramp maybe," Bridget replied.

"Brige, don't say that. We all have pasts but all that matters is our future alright? 'Cause I'm willing to put all of this behind me so you should be able to too. I don't care what you did alright? All I care about is you."

"Sorry, I just sometimes can't believe..... that I have something," she mumbled.

"You've got me. Forever. Even if this doesn't work out, I want us to be friends," Nick replied, kissing Bridget lightly on the top of her head.

"I'd like that. Thanks Nick."

"So what do you say that we go out for a little while. Our first date actually when you think about it."

"I don't know Nick. Are you sure that it's such a good idea that you let your fans see us together?" Bridget asked.

"Last night I said that we didn't have to tell the fans, but I don't care what they think any more. They can know whatever because I've got you."

"That was so corny," Bridget replied with a laugh.

"Yeah I know, but it sounded kinda good you have to admit," Nick replied.

"It sounded corny."

"Whatever 'cause I meant it. No matter how corny it sounds."

"Good."

The End
Awards by Stephanie
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=338