Harry Potter and the Love of a Veela by Tiger Heart
Summary: Tension mounds as Harry's sixth year arrives. New prophecies, new friends, new enemies, an inheritance rears it's ugly head and a bit of love comes into play... speaking of which, what's up with Draco's behavior?
Categories: Fanfiction > Movies > Harry Potter Characters: Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Other
Genres: Action, Angst, Drama, Romance, Suspense, Supernatural
Warnings: Graphic Violence, Sexual Content, Domestic Violence, Slash M/M, Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 16661 Read: 3241 Published: 11/09/04 Updated: 11/09/04

1. Vampire vs Veela by Tiger Heart

2. Vampire vs Veela (Goodbyes) by Tiger Heart

3. Vampire vs Veela (Beginnings) by Tiger Heart

Vampire vs Veela by Tiger Heart

My attempt at a Harry Potter Fanfic… Even those who haven’t kept up with the series can understand the plot. I try to elaborate enough so no one is confused. So, if you’re still interested in reading this… read on wonderful reader! Read on! Warning: first half of the chapter is kind of a recap of the books, but by using the Malfoy’s point of view. Hope I didn’t over elaborate or give you too much to digest, but this is to weed out potential out-of-character-ness.



Harry Potter and the Love of a Veela



Author: Tiger Heart



Rated: R for everything that makes a story rated R! It’s my story and I’ll put anything I want in it.



Warning: Post OotP (Meaning, this takes place after the fifth book) Spoilers might pop up, especially a huge one that fits into the plot, so yeah… sorry *-_-*



Disclaimer: If I owned the Harry Potter series, Sirius would be alive and well, shoving his foot up Kreacher’s ass, the rotten, loathsome, !Q@#+@#*!^@#(!&@#(* …. *ahem*…. Sorry, pulled a Harry moment and lost my temper. So anyway, I don’t own it, k? The tremendously awesome author known as J.K. Rowling (bows at her name) owns it. Don’t sue me, I have no money.



Last Disclaimer: Parts of the plot were inspired by others. I do not own the half-veela-Draco or the vampire-Harry. Credit belongs to the list of stories at the end of this chapter. Many thanks to them for my inspiration *sniff*… thank-you. You’re wonderful.



Claimer: Aside from veela-Draco and vampire-Harry, I am claiming the rest of my plot, the prophecy that lies within the plot and anything I originally create (this includes my personal description of the Malfoy Manor). This also includes any/all characters that I have made up. So if you haven’t seen them in the five wonderfully written Harry Potter books, then I own them. You want ‘em, please show the same respect to me that I show other authors and give me a speck of credit, ok? (Not that anyone would probably want to use them, but just in case…)



Warning: SLASH! *spells it out for those who don’t understand*… S-L-A-S-H! Yaoi, Meaning boy/boy relationship. If it makes you that uncomfortable to the point where you can’t stand reading it *looks around*…umm… *points to the door/‘back’ button* bye. Simple and to the point. Don’t mean to sound rude but I got to weed out potential flames, ok?



>>>>>>>



Chapter 1


Veela vs. Vampire (The Inheritance)



The extravagant manor sat on top a mossy, fifty-foot hill. The white pavement contrasted with the dark lawn as it winded from the front of the gargantuan mound, snaking all the way up to the spacious lawn laid out before the enormous mansion. Flower bushes, full of coloring blossoms stood seven feet tall--all were trimmed to have precise, straight outlines. The slightly moist grass was kept short, sparkling with a healthy glow.



A stone fountain--modeled after an elegant looking witch and a young, handsome wizard--lay dead-center in the lawn, twenty feet away from the tall, front doors of the manor. Crystal blue water fell from the spouts that were the tips of their wands--extended high in the air--and landed without noise into the calm pool surrounding the stone figures. If the interior was represented by the atmosphere outside the pearly, white walls, it must have been exquisite to say the least.



And that it was. The entrance hall alone was stunning by any standards. It was a long, wide corridor, lined with golden pots which stood on small, matching tables. Roses upon roses--bewitched to have golden petals--were settled neatly in each one. There had to be at least twenty sets of flowers along each side. Crystal chandeliers--hung high from a ceiling that stood at fifty feet--formed a center line, heading towards the greeting area. The welcoming carpet extended from the stone steps outside to the far end of the corridor. It was colored a deep emerald, embroidered with intricately-placed gold trimmings. The floor underneath was a bold, non-faded black with a gold, marble design etched into the tiles.



At the end of the hall, the room rounded out and rose higher. A double staircase led to the second floors. Black, carpeted stairs with gold railings lay against the walls to each side, connecting as they reached the second floor. On both floors, hallways to either side stretched endlessly, decorated with carefully placed greenery and statuettes.



In the middle of the greeting area stood a tall, emerald-scaled dragon that curled as it rose to the ceiling, its glowing white eyes lighting up the entire area. Its talons and the rims of its tail and spine were painted gold as were the teeth that were revealed from its large jaws.



These features of the Malfoy Manor alone demanded the utmost respect from all who dared set foot on the grounds, let alone enter the mansion itself. However, what really grabbed the praises and respect from the visitors where the people themselves.



Lucius Malfoy was the current owner of the Malfoy Manor. He stood tall and poised with long, sleek, platinum-blonde hair that tucked behind his ears and it cascaded over his shoulders. His eyes were a piercing gray color. His smooth pointed face was handsome indeed as was his lean, tone physique.



His wife, Narcissa Malfoy was by far a beauty among others. Her silky strands of golden blonde hair swept and curled past her smooth, thin shoulders and rested mere inches above her waistline. Her dazzling blue eyes shined like sapphires, contrasting to her pale, delicate skin. She always walked with an air as if she were gracefully gliding an inch above ground.



The son of Lucius and Narcissa was none other than Draconis Malfoy, who always preferred to be called by the shortened name of Draco. In fact, only a select few new this teenage boy by his full name. He inherited features from both parents, more so his father than his mother. At sixteen years-old, he was a spitting image of his father in fact. He was blessed with the same platinum-blonde hair that rested just an inch below his shoulders and smooth, pale skin to match. His one physical trait that was conjured by both mother and father were his piercing eyes. They were predominately gray, but were adorned with specks of a cerulean color.



Outward appearances gave off an aura of stunning beauty, unmatched by any other family. They took pride in every aspect of their lives, striving to remain perfect.



Yes, that was the perfect life within Malfoy Manor…



However, such looks are always deceiving. Their family wasn’t perfect because each member did not look towards the aspect of being a family as something that needed to be perfected. They were always ‘too busy’ to focus on something so insignificant. All were arrogant and power-hungry, Lucius more so than the other two. As the head of the household, he demanded full obedience and accepted no less. He was always engaging with everything and everyone else--making sure their outward image remained untainted--that he very much neglected the inward appearance.



Draco knew this. He knew his family was less than perfect, and the fact the it was made his face cringe with disgust. He had always been brought up to be flawless, obedient, powerful. He always had to come out on top, because his ‘dear father’ accepted no less. If such standards weren’t achieved, Draco’s punishments were beyond imaginable. Yet, Draco still looked up to him.



He remained faithful to his father, admiring the power that glowed off of him. His father could well be the most powerful, feared wizard in the world. The Malfoy family line was one of the longest running to date. And yet, Lucius was not the most powerful wizard to grace the land. His father was just some lap dog for an even darker wizard.



Yes, his father was a Death Eater--meaning he was a servant, no slave is more like it, to the ‘great and powerful’ Lord Voldemort. A wizard who was feared by all--feared so much, no one dared to speak his name. His servants called him the ‘Dark Lord’ or ‘Master’… others referred to him as ‘You-know-who’.



Draco was infuriated by how much of a hypocrite his father turned out to be over the years. Lucius brought his son up to make sure he was at the top of class and the top of his game. He was taught to bow to none of his peers. They should bow to him. And yet, here lied Draco’s father, the ‘respectable’ Lucius, bowing and kissing the feet of another. How could his father stoop so low? And now, where has Lucius ended up for his loyalty to his master? Why no where else but Azkaban prison. A prison for condemned witches and wizards. All fear going there, all fear dying there. But that’s where Draco’s father was--locked up behind bars like a common criminal.



And one would think that Draco should be upset with his father, upset with Voldemort no less. But no, he didn’t take it out on them. As angry as he was, he remained loyal to his father, and dared not to have a row with Voldemort. So who did he blame?… None other than Harry Potter.



Yes, Harry Potter. The so-called savior of the Wizarding world. Harry Potter became famous at the age of one, when the Dark Lord himself went straight to him and attempted to murder him. Harry’s parents didn’t survive but the young toddler did. The curse meant to kill him backfired and hit Voldemort, leaving him utterly weak and powerless. And what happened to Harry? Why all he received was a lightning shape scar on his forehead and a credit to be marked as a legend among all wizards and witches.



Fast forwarding to the present, he is still that famous boy, for Voldemort returned to seek revenge and the power he lost. So where did everyone turn when things got messy? Why, towards Harry of course. A teenage boy who has stood tall against Voldemort countless number of times and always managed to thwart the Dark Lord’s plans.



It was this boy, with the help of another great wizard--an old, experienced wizard by the name of Dumbledore--who, just last year, revealed that Voldemort indeed had returned. Not only this but they also managed to catch a handful of Death Eaters inside the Ministry of Magic--the Wizarding Government Building.



Draco’s father was among those Death Eaters who were caught. So, Draco sees no reason why he shouldn’t blame Harry. Yeah, it was that conniving, meddlesome prat who caused all this. It was Harry’s fault that Lucius was in prison, which meant that it was Harry’s fault for having Narcissa, Lucius’ beloved wife, left in shambles.



Now one would ask, if the Malfoy family were having issues anyway, why would Narcissa be so devastated? The simple answer is that she is a Veela. Veelas are angelic-looking creatures who live their lives searching for just one mate. Once that mate is found, they stick by them, and love them no matter what. They thrive on building a family, staying by the side of their children and loving them as much as they love their destined lover. Without that family that is created, a veela cannot survive. Being a veela is the reason why Narcissa is so extravagantly gorgeous--and it is also the reason why she is so distraught.



So now Narcissa sits by a tall, gold-trimmed window in the study, staring out into space, overlooking the vast stretches of fields in the back yard. The direction of the prison is in the direction she looks out at, day after day. Looking at nothing in particular, but perhaps hoping that one day, her beloved lover would return.



Everyday, Draco would pause at the doorway as he passed to go elsewhere and ask his mother if she needed anything, but she always silently declined with a wave of her hand and sent him on his way. Draco sighed as he entered the doorway to his quarters. He wondered if he would ever end up like that. The thought was not welcoming to say the least.



Since his mother was a Veela that made Draco half-veela. In essence, Draco would come upon a time in his life where his veela inheritance would come and change his life forever. His beauty, enchanted by a powerful allurement, would be recognized by all who glanced at him, making him seem irresistible, yet untouchable. And that’s the way a veela would want it to be. They want to remain untouched and untainted as they look for that one and only person who will fulfill that need to love that veelas hold within their hearts.



And that time has come for Draco. His allurement charms and sense of yearning for his mate kicked in the moment he turned sixteen this past April. Yet they remained weak until the inheritance that was passed from mother to son occurred this summer after he returned home from school. So now, not only was Draco stuck without a father and left with a moping mother, he now had an undying urge to flee from the manor in search of his mate.



The part that infuriated him most of all was that all these troubling aspects were out of his grasp. He could not bring his father back, meaning his mother would remain tragically depressed and the one hope of happiness left could not be attained until he left these castle walls.



Draco slammed his fist on the wall beside the doorway before advancing and falling on top of his elegant, four-poster bed. The velvet comforter was a silky black with a marble design of a sky-blue color sewn in the fabric. Navy blue curtains hung from the posts surrounding the thick, cozy mattress. He glanced over at the gold trimmed fireplace, a crackling fire readying the room for the cool, summer night. The walls within the castle always created cool temperatures throughout the manor at night.



A relaxing idea to allow Draco’s mind to escape from everything came into play just as he pulled his head back against the silk-lined pillows and closed his sleepy eyes. I know what would help…



In fact it always helped. Immediately raising himself off the bed and strolling over to the silver door that lay right next to it, Draco entered and sighed with satisfaction as he gazed around the room…



The breathtaking bathroom was lined with silvers and greens as were the furnishings. The silver-rimmed stone sink had a elegant, emerald countertop that stretched from one wall to the next. Over to the right was a dark-green futon with silver railings. And laying right next to it on the opposite wall from the doorway was a silver-rimmed, emerald-lined tub that stretched at least ten feet long. It was an in-ground bathtub with ten matching faucets--five on each side. With a flick of Draco’s wrist the faucets automatically began pouring out crystal clear water. Two facets, one on each side and set in the middle of the two rows of five, began to deposit a milky-white substance. Draco preferred this cream because it always kept his skin baby-smooth.



Anticipating the feel of the creamy liquid seeping into his skin, he immediately started to undress. His silk, black slacks--with matching boxers of the same material--silver tie and white, button blouse slid soundlessly to the floor. His lean, nude form bent at the knees to retrieve the items and folded them neatly, placing them on the countertop. The taut, chiseled muscles in his smooth back and flat, defined stomach contracted with the slightest movement as he strolled over towards the awaiting bathwater.



Grabbing an emerald, cotton towel on his journey there, he placed it on the floor before slipping his feet into the depths of the pearl-colored water. Slowly sinking into the scalding hot liquid, Draco could already feel the troubles slip away like the water between his fingers. Leaning back against the rim, he felt the edges of his silvery-blonde hair soak with him. The scent was intoxicating as silver vapors rose to his nose. As he inhaled, a sense of blissful dizziness consumed him and he let it take over. He let the substance surrounding him soak into his moon-colored skin.



Yes, this was a good idea…



And just as the water started to still once he remained motionless, the flat surface began to ripple once more as Draco was startled--startled by a haunting vision. It was a person. But not just any person. He could feel it running through his veins. He felt as if their presence was right in front of him, in the tub--accompanying him. ‘It’s them!’, his mind shrieked as he furiously shook his head to clear his mind. It was his mate. This feeling only occurred when they were experiencing a terribly strong emotion. And Draco could feel exactly what emotions his mate was going through at that moment.



Hate, hurt, anger, a sinful desire for revenge. Whatever his mate was going through right now, it was causing them to suffer. Draco clenched his fists slamming it into the water, splashing it over to edge--it spread on the tile floor and just barely missed his towel. His eyes grew stormy-gray with cold rage. How dare they? Whoever was doing this to his beloved would pay dearly.



But Draco suddenly snapped himself back into reality. Veela or not, a Malfoy does not lose control. Besides, there was nothing he could do to resolve the problem. Even feeling his mate’s emotions was not enough to find them--not when he was stuck here, at the Manor. ‘Very soon’, he thought to himself, ‘I will find you. Just wait until I get back to school.



Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was the school he had been attending since he was eleven. Draco would be entering his sixth year there. He knew he would find the one within those castle walls when he returned. Draco had knowledge of this because along with the desperate pull in his heart, he caught the faint scent of his mate, floating through the air when he was there last year, during his fifth year, after he turned sixteen in April. However, he had no time to search for that special someone and reluctantly agreed to find them when he returned in September--when he had more time.



Draco sighed and settled himself deeper into the water until he was submerged neck-high, his hair swimming around his face. With a deep, shuddering breath, he regained himself and was forced to relax once more.



Closing his eyes and leaning his head back once more, Draco slowly nodded off with endless visions of emerald green eyes smiling at him.



>>>>>>



The door to Harry Potter’s bedroom was shut with a ear-splitting SLAM! Harry just stared at the door, his emerald eyes blazing with hate, anger and hurt. A foreboding need to seek revenge upon his so-called ‘family’ rumbled in the pit of his stomach. He despised being here, but he was stuck without a choice. He heard the deadbolt on the other side of his door click into place--and with a steady jingle of keys--heard his Uncle Vernon stomp through the hallway, threatening to shake the pictures off his small desk.



Harry huffed in defeat for the millionth time that day, but immediately regretted it when an all-too familiar pain rippled through his ribs. He hissed in response as he slowly stood up, taking careful strides to the small, shabby wardrobe closet beside the bedroom door. Pulling open one of the double, wooden doors, a body-length mirror was revealed. Immediately, yet gingerly, he raised his over-sized, flannel t-shirt that used to belong to his whale of cousin, Dudley.



Purple and black blotches were etched in his skin over his ribs, matching the marks that lay in patches over his face. The area around the bruises were as red as cherries. Harry growled at his reflection, hating these painful reminders that no matter what happens he would have to stay within these depressing walls of ugly, chipping, yellow wallpaper. Such a room was far too small for a fifteen year-old--sixteen to be exact once tomorrow arrived. Focusing on the bruises again, he cautiously slid the shirt over his tanned, toned stomach.



Underneath all those baggy garments was a pretty decent, tone figure, but his size still seemed too small for his age. If he kept this up he would be blown off his own broomstick the next time he tried to fly. The reason was simply because he was malnourished and forced to slave around the house all day. In fact, his task of doing daily chores was the cause of his newly sustained injuries.



He was walking into his Aunt and Uncle’s house after a few long hours of lawn work underneath the sweltering, summer sun. After performing chores like that was the only time he wished to be inside. But he never noticed the dirt that was encrusted underneath his worn sneakers. His enraged aunt, Petunia Dursley, immediately shrieked and cried over her tile floors, ordering him to thoroughly sweep and mop the entire kitchen floor before dinner. His eyes shot daggers of green ice, but he reluctantly obeyed nonetheless. Successfully sweeping up the contents, Harry was relieved his job was halfway through. But his dear-ol’ cousin, Dudley Dursley, had other plans in mind. He waddled into the kitchen on an expedition for a hefty snack to settle his appetite before dinner--and just so happened to notice the bucket of mopping water that lay behind Harry.



Without hesitation, Dudley knocked it over with his stubby, elephant shaped foot. Water spread all over the kitchen and even started soaking into the carpet of the connected living area. Of course perfect, iddle Duddikins didn’t get the blame. He never did. Harry was the one who had to answer to his uncle. Vernon, who was sitting at the table with a cup of tea, shot up, almost knocking over his tea cup. With pure hatred gleaming in his eyes, he forcefully knocked Harry in between his shoulder blades with a shaking fist. Since the abrupt attack went unsuspected, a vulnerable and unprepared Harry fell face first onto the floor. His uncle bent over him and grabbed Harry by his unruly, raven-colored hair.



Violently yanking Harry’s head back in a rather uncomfortable angle, his uncle yelled forcefully in his ear, “You will mop up every drop of water from this kitchen floor and carpet even if you have to suck it up with this unruly, detestable excuse you have for hair. Then after slamming Harry’s face into the floor, Uncle Vernon rolled him onto his back and pressed his incredibly large, wide foot deep into Harry’s chest. “Do I make myself clear boy?!” Harry could only reply with a weak nod--as he had no air in his lungs. Because of the foot that sunk deeper into his chest he could not even speak out in pain, let alone breathe.



After roughly pushing his foot off of Harry’s chest, Vernon growled all the way back to the table as Harry struggled to steady himself back up. Once he was balanced on his own feet again, Harry proceeded to clean. Somehow, and he still doesn’t know how such a miracle could happen, Harry managed to clean the entire mess, even get the water up out of the carpet, but it was finished well after dinner. Harry guessed it was quite easily after eleven o’ clock by the time he had finished. His uncle would not permit him to leave until the carpet was completely dry. And once he was finished with his task, Uncle Vernon grabbed him roughly by the collar, a small plate of food in his other hand and marched Harry straight up to his small, sorry excuse for a bedroom, which is where he sat now.



Resting on the short, dirty mattress, Harry yearned for the next month to go by as quickly as humanly possible. Then, September 1st would arrive and he could return to Hogwarts, his real home. He was fed-up with having to be trapped in his own bedroom, like a prisoner. Now I know how Sirius felt…



But the immediate thought of his godfather didn’t brighten his spirits any. The reason behind that was because he could no longer get in contact with his only true family member whenever he was feeling worried or depressed--or just needed some comforting advice. His godfather was gone. Dead. The word still rang in Harry’s mind like an unstoppable bell caught in a pendulum. Harry never thought he would have to fit the words ‘Sirius’ and ‘dead’ in one sentence. But that one dreadful sentence kept floating in his mind… Sirius was dead.



Harry forced away the burning tears that threatened to surface like so many other times he recalled the memory of his godfather. Hell, for those short, three years that Harry knew him, Sirius was a father to Harry. The father Harry never had.



But Harry couldn’t think these thoughts right now. He wouldn’t. He had to be strong--but why did that concept seem more impossible as the days progressed? Blinking the last traces of excess moisture beneath his lids, Harry glanced at the clock on his bedside. It barely worked, considering how old the poor thing was--the green numbers kept blinking--but it was still functional. At the moment it was blinking 11:59 pm. Just one more minute until July 31st--Harry’s sixteenth birthday.



Yeah right, Harry scoffed to himself. Happy birthday to me… yippee.



And as if his thoughts transferred from his brain to the clock resting on the shabby desk, the clock immediately changed, blinking 12:00 am within the screen. Harry expected to feel nothing. He never really did when his birthday approached because it was during the summer, when he was stuck here, in this Hellhole. But something was different about this birthday. As if on cue, immediately after the clock’s face changed, something within Harry started to constrict.



Pain was searing through his chest--and the cause was not due to his recent bruises. This pain was more internal, wrapped around his very heart. Harry collapsed on the floor in agony, unable to move, as the unbearable sensation spread through his bloodstream like wildfire right down to the tips of his capillaries. His blood felt like molten lava as if it would burn through his skin any second. What the hell?! Harry screamed inside his head, hoping his body would answer.



“What’s… h-happen… h-happening to m-me?!” Harry choked out. But it wasn’t his voice that escaped his lips. It exploded like a deep, animalistic growl.



He struggled to crawl to his wardrobe closet. His fingers clawed at the wooden floor beneath him--and it was only then that he realized his fingers were sprouting bloody, razor-like nails beneath his original, stubby ones. They slowly pierced through his skin--every millimeter that extended sent another searing pain hissing through his body. But he desperately needed to see what was happening. Even now, he could feel his body twitching in horrible angles and positions as it started some strange metamorphosis.



Panting uncontrollably, his lungs begging to cave in, he finally reached the open door to his wardrobe closet. He gazed at the bottom of the mirror, his reflection staring back at him, and it scared him shitless. His eyes were bloodshot red?! Not the veins in his eyes, but his eyes--in their entirety--were glowing red. Before being able to fathom what was happening, a seething, immense jolt of pressure exploded inside his head, pounding against his scar. He growled in blinding agony and collapsed right where he lay--unconscious to the rest of the world.



And immediately after he did so, the clock started blinking 12:01...



>>>>>>



Draco Malfoy immediately bolted upright in his bed. The silk sheets and linen pajamas stuck to his skin with every movement. To say he was startled was an understatement. He couldn’t even fathom it--fathom the devastating nightmare he was startled awake from. Was it a nightmare? It couldn’t be. He was feeling that familiar tug once more. It was a desperate pull, but a pull for what? … for help?



Draco immediately clutched his hand to his chest and glanced at his bedside clock. The silver, sparkling numbers informed him that it was 12:01 am. Desperate to control himself once more, he regained his breath before doing anything further. It had to be his mate. There was no other explanation. But they were experiencing an insurmountable bit of pain--almost as if they were dying. He experienced this horrible phenomenon in his sleep as if he was going through the torture himself. His own veins almost burned to the core.



And then, as soon as it happened, it stopped just as abruptly. This was the aspect that scared him even more. His mate’s signal didn’t slowly fade away as it normally would. It was if it just vanished into thin air. Where was his beloved soul-mate? He felt helpless for not being by their side this very moment--but there was nothing else he could do. For the moment, he could do nothing but wait.



Straightening his hair back into place, Draco settled himself completely onto the mattress once more. He turned on his side and gave a tremendous sigh, which felt more like a shudder, as he collected himself once more and fell into a restless sleep…



To Be Continued…



 


>>>>>>



Reviews are what keep me alive in this fanfic world. I died once, I will not die again! *looks maniacally at the review button*… you know you wanna push it! Oh, and flames will be used to roast my s’mores. I dare you! Roast my marshmallows, damnit! o_O*



Slythindor: Excuse her… she’s unstable.



Tiger Heart: Hey look! My muse finally decided to join us! *hugs Slythindor*



Slythindor: Let go of me you crazy wench! Go tackle Grifferin!



Tiger Heart: *sniff* *sniff*…



Slythindor: Don’t you dare!



Grifferin: *enters room* Did someone summon me?



Slythindor: See?! There he is! *shoves Tiger Heart over to Grifferin*



Tiger Heart: *looks up at Grifferin* Will you roast my marshmallows?



Grifferin: HUH?!



Tiger Heart: Credit for inspiring me to incorporate half-veela/Draco and vampire/Harry goes to:



Magnetic Attraction (written by: Frizzy ::you go gurl!:: She was my original inspiration… ^_^)



Family Secrets, Hidden Desires (written by: VirginSuicide)



A Song, Unsung (written by: Well, I forgot her author name--*if the author is reading this right now, let me know so I can give credit where it’s due*--personally her story is ultimately amazing! She is superb at writing and isn’t afraid to express her opinions. There’s so much I can say about it but I gotta cut this short. Just read it for yourself. Lots of morbid goodness in there too!)

Vampire vs Veela (Goodbyes) by Tiger Heart

The second installment… I want to thank Laura for her wonderful review. I love constructive criticism! You’ve made my day!… well, night actually. But anyway. As far as your review goes. I respond by saying, I did realize I tend to over elaborate at times. I’ve tried to work on it since the writing of this chapter. Hopefully it won’t be as bad in the rest of the story.



But I thank you for pointing it out. It reminds me that I do have things I need to work on. The only thing is that it does seem a little much to digest in the intro because I want the reader to have a full idea of Harry and his world especially through the Malfoy’s view, because their point of view is hardly expressed in detail in J.K. Rowling’s novels. And that’s the reason for small amounts of dialogue as well. But I promise as Harry and Draco begin to interact with other characters, there will be plenty of dialogue…



And if you have anything else to add throughout the story please feel free to do so, like you did in your review of my first chapter. It’s refreshing and welcomed.



And that goes for others as well. And I will answer any and all question, too. So, with that said… enjoy!



************



Harry Potter and the Love of a Veela


By: Tiger Heart



Chapter 2


Veela vs. Vampire (Goodbyes)



Harry’s limp form was spread-eagle on the worn, ragged throw rug that lay in the middle of his room. The afternoon sun reflected off of the digital alarm clock, resting on a chipped wooden desk, next to Harry’s bed. The current time was 7:45 pm. Already the sun’s golden yellow rays were darkening, turning crimson as they settled lower on the horizon. The remaining light of the dying day gently caressed Harry’s relaxed features. They brushed over his brow and then his eyelids before blanketing his entire face in its warmth. The welcome feeling settled him even more as he fell into a deeper slumber, until--



BANG, BANG, BANG! “Harry Potter! I demand you answer at once!”



Slowly Harry’s eyelids uncovered his blazing emerald orbs--a translucent, blood-colored tint wrapped over them like a thin, filmy substance before finally fading away. His dilated pupils finally contracted--the first sign of him regaining consciousness. Steadily, his eyelids lowered once more, blinking away moisture and sleep-developed crust.



‘What a dream…’



BANG, BANG, BANG! “I know you’re in there boy. Now get up! You’ve had your punishment long enough. Get down here and clean this kitchen, now!”



‘And I wake up to find myself living in a nightmare…’



A dry, ragged groan rumbled in Harry’s throat as he carefully pulled his head away from the floor. A bad idea at the moment. It felt as if prickly, little thorn-berries were dancing around inside his skull, numbing his--already paralyzed--head; at least, that’s what it felt like.



What was going on? He could faintly hear his uncle shouting out demands from outside his door. That was no surprise. But why was he spread out on the floor? Why did he ache so much?



He heard the click of the locks outside his door as he desperately tried to form a reply--but the words wouldn’t surface. His throat hurt too much. It felt cracked, almost to the point of peeling away.



Immediately, he struggled to wet his tongue and lick his lips. Feeling this was enough to sound out a decent reply, Harry was about to speak, but found that his uncle was already stomping away, downstairs to the kitchen.



Knowing he was expected there within no less than a few minutes, Harry’s struggle to stand had begun. He wondered why such a simple task could prove to be so hard. His legs felt as if they held no bones at all--just jelly--and to add to the list of bodily tortures, his whole upper half felt like someone just tossed a couple of five-hundred pound weights on each shoulder.



Now the word ‘weird’ could hardly tread ground on explaining how Harry felt at that moment, but it was the only word he could think of. No, wait. There was ‘pain’ and ‘hunger’. He hadn’t eaten since yesterday morning, so he could explain the hunger part…



… Or maybe he couldn’t. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but something wasn’t right with the way his stomach seemed to rumble. It felt like it had a mind of its own--and it knew what it wanted. The problem was, it seemed to be keeping it from Harry. What was he hungry for anyway? It didn’t feel like he was desiring any form of food, but that couldn’t be right. What else could his body possibly crave?



Nevertheless, Harry still had his chores to comply with so he put the ache inside his stomach aside and prepared to stand. His face cringed with pain when he was finally able to put weight onto his feet. Using the desk for support, Harry stopped himself from moving any further and took this opportunity to rest for a moment. He used his unoccupied hand to rub the back of his neck and work out some kinks that had manifested. All the while he took no notice to the lengthy locks of night-colored hair that collapsed over his hand and fell many inches past his shoulders.



Either way, he dropped his hand and started to steady himself, slowly weaning away from the desk.



Alright, real progress,’ he scoffed to himself. ‘If I keep up this pace, I’m sure I’ll make it to the kitchen by the this time, next year!’



It was a slow process, which seemed to stretch through eternity in Harry’s mind, but he was definitely gaining his strength back. The strenuous task to walk had begun as he slowly lifted his hand away from the desktop and held his arms out--one to each side--to balance his way over to the door.



But when he had finally managed to wobble at least halfway across his room, his body just wouldn’t have it. It gave away and let gravity yank him back to the ground, causing him to collapse on his hands and knees. Why the hell did he feel so weak? All the pain and stress emitting from his nerves was starting to get a little agitating.



Harry tightly closed his eyes and drew in a few deep breaths, already feeling winded. He then pulled his eyelids ajar and let his gaze fall onto his hands--his blood-covered hands.



“What the hell?” he thought out loud. “When did I start bleeding?” But he wasn’t bleeding any longer. In fact, he found no scars, no incision, no scrapes to indicate his hands had been injured. All he saw was the thin blanket of the crimson fluid, dried out and flaking off with every movement. His eyes wandered curiously over his palms, the back of his hands and finally over his pointed nails, extending past his fingertips by an inch at the least.



Wait a minute… nails?!’



Harry gawked at them, his face contorted in confusion. Since when the hell did he have nails? Long and razor sharp to be exact. Curiosity getting the best of him, he began running them gently along his skin until…



Fuck!’



He glanced at the neat incision he accidentally created on top of his left forearm. His own red fluid began to swell out of the wound before sliding over his strangely-pale skin. And since when was his skin so light? It was almost sickly in his opinion. Harry’s skin was supposed to be tanned, not pale. Why on earth was his body so different all of a sudden? It was as if he switched bodies with another. Nothing looked familiar, not even in the slightest way.



He absent-mindedly ran his fingertip carefully along the wound and dabbed at the blood seeping out of it, spooning it onto his finger. The look of it alone struck a nerve deep within Harry’s mind and it took every bit of strength he had--which wasn’t much at the moment--not to actually lick his wound clean. But his stomach pained at the sight of the wine-colored liquid. It growled with an undying hunger.



And that’s when something him. That’s when Harry slowly started to realize what this whole ordeal might be about. He crawled as fast as he was able, proving to be quite a difficult task, and stopped when he reached his wardrobe closet. He threw the right-side door open, almost breaking it away from the hinges and nearly screamed when he saw the figure that was supposedly his reflection.



His emerald eyes stared back at him, glazed with confusion but also blazing with an unknown passion. His pale face was chiseled and more defined. He carefully ran his fingertips over his new facial features, exploring every detail that was not there before. That’s when he noticed a slight lump just underneath his lips. It didn’t feel like a bruise of any sort, just something hiding behind them. Harry slowly parted his rose-colored lips and immediately snapped his mouth shut when he found the new addition to his row of ivory-shaded teeth.



No… it can’t be! How the hell did this happen?



He didn’t want to believe it, he refused. But not many other explanations were laid out to explain his situation.



“Long nails, pale skin, desire for blood and razor fangs…” Harry mumbled the checklist to himself and added them all up. Harry wasn’t stupid. In his opinion, only an muggle (non-magic person) with a negative IQ would not be able to realize what he had turned into. The only questions remaining was how? Why?



One thing was for sure--he couldn’t stay here at the Dursley’s any longer this summer. Besides, if they found him looking like this, they would probably kick him out without another thought, family bond or not. Not even a million howlers could force them to agree to let him remain at their home. Harry had to escape fast. He had no choice.



Immediately, he crawled with all the strength he was able and gathered his things. He fumbled a bit as he tried to raise up and pull what little clothes he had out of his closet, but within minutes Harry found himself able to stand if he focused well enough. After the little amount of luggage--his trunk full of clothes, books and supplies and most importantly, his wand--was all packed he dragged all his belongings over to the window. Luckily it wasn’t barred anymore like when he was held prisoner in this very room during the summer before his second year at Hogwarts.



He thanked Merlin for letting his pet owl, Hedwig, camp out at Hermoine’s for the summer--one less thing for him to haul. Besides, as many death threats as his uncle threw at his loyal companion, Harry was afraid for the owl’s life if it were to remain at the Dursley’s residence.



He strenuously pried the window opened and tried to lean forward with his luggage as much as possible to cause the least amount of racket when his trunk fell. Pressed against the sill as far as he was able, he dropped the trunk and watched it fall with little noise into the flower bushes below.



Aunt Petunia’s not going to be happy about that one.



With a quick pause to make sure the drop didn’t cause any commotion downstairs, Harry proceeded to swing his leg through the opening, followed by the other. He slipped over the sill and landed beside his luggage, overlooking small sores from the fall and quickly brushing himself off.



He could have sworn he heard his Uncle Vernon bellow through the house--stomping up to Harry’s room to scold him for not obeying, no less. Indeed, Vernon barged in without warning and noticed an unoccupied room and an open window. But by the time he put two and two together and raced to the window to catch sight of their ‘escaped convict’, Harry was already around front, tearing down the streets and out of sight.



>>>>> Meanwhile at Malfoy Manor… >>>>>



Outside, Draco’s appearance was no different than it was any other day. His midnight-blue attire accented his pale features, causing them to stand out beautifully. His platinum-blonde hair, having let it steadily grow out, was neatly pulled back into a simple, matching hair band--not one strand stood out of place.



He was at his usual setting at the dining table. The gorgeous, cherry-oak furniture stretched well over one-hundred meters. It held fifty chairs on each side and one chair at each end. The end farthest from the entrance doors was the head chair, reserved only for the head of the household. The wife, Narcissa, sat to his right, which left Draco to sit across from her to the left of his father.



In a solitary state, he sat eating his dinner too neatly to be considered enjoyable. His mother would be doing the same if she hadn’t secluded herself to the confines of her study as usual. He held a small bit of sympathy for her, understanding her predicament quite well. He held similar emotions for a certain significant other for he had no clue as to their whereabouts.



He kept his outward appearance in check though--back straight, shoulders square, chin tilted slightly upward and a calm, emotionless expression masked his face. Inside however, he was a nervous wreck. Ever since his disturbing encounter with his mate’s emotions last night, Draco has been left feeling worried and confused. He received no more signals from his destined mate and he was distraught with the idea that something dreadful might have happened to them.



“I’ll find you,” Draco softly whispered through the still air. “I won’t rest until I have found you and made you mine.”



But all his thoughts ended rather abruptly by an ear-piercing scream that felt like it was quaking the very walls that surrounded him. He knew that voice anywhere and to hear it wail so painfully wrenched his very heart.



Without warning, Draco bolted out of his seat, knocking his chair onto the stone floor, and dashed out into the halls in a very un-malfoyish manner.



Sweat began to seep out of his pores and bead across his forehead, gluing his platinum-blonde locks to the flustered skin of his face. He hurried past the portraits in the west wing, racing to his mother’s quarters. The life-sized paintings of his ancestors towered over him as he flew by them. Some gaped at his behavior, some ‘tsked’ their head in shame. Others either tried to fuse their palms against their ears to tune out the shrieking or remained standing proud, deciding not to care.



Narcissa’s cries faded within a manner of seconds, causing her son to fall deeper into a black hole of doubt and fear. So, Draco began to leap up the stairs to the second floor--Narcissa’s wing--with only one thought and destination in mind.



With unknown strength that went unnoticed, Draco threw open the double doors to his mother’s study--tearing them away from their golden hinges. All types of questionable explanations ran through his head as to why his mother was just screaming for her life--but the real reason was far from expected.



There was nothing in this universe that could have prepared him for the sight he was now witnessing. It was so horrific, it was unfathomable. He stood paralyzed--his feet nailed to the wooden floor. His breathing ceased to flow and his heart shut down completely. Or at least, that’s how he felt. The emotions were so strong and the picture that laid before him was so unbelievably terrifying, he felt like death had already stolen his soul, leaving behind a freezing, hollow shell of a young man.



He felt so cold in fact, that he almost screamed when his Veela instincts seared with a blood-boiling desire to stop what was happening before him. It was as if he snapped and lost all touch with reality.



But there was his mother--or what was left of her--lying helpless on the ground, decaying into a mass of putrid sludge. Her cries had died out, her lungs having almost completely dissolved--along with the rest of her chest. But her mouth still hung open, gaped in shock and horror.



Normally, Malfoys represented emotionless beings to the fullest but the Veela in Draco wouldn’t have it. It burned with the desire to love his family--no matter how dysfunctional--and the fire has been immensely strong since his inheritance. The instincts he had been trying to fight against for so long broke through as he ran over to his mother and collapsed onto his knees, hovering over Narcissa.



“Mother?” He forced out a weak inquiry to get her attention. He had no idea what to do. Should he even touch her? By now, her form was a black, slimy mass in the shape of what used to be her beautiful body. Her eyes remained, although they were red with malice. Her fingertips were the only body parts that looked remotely human, as they too began to rot away.



It was finally hitting him. As Narcissa drew in a deep, final gasp of air, Draco realized that his mother was dying. His exterior appeared as solid as steel and cold as ice--but inside, he was trembling with fear.



Why? Why had his mother so suddenly met her demise. How could such a powerful witch be brought down in a manner of moments by what seemed to be absolutely nothing at all? Draco slammed his fist on the wooden floor--angry at himself for not knowing. Malfoys were supposed to know everything!



And as soon as he started beating himself up was the very same moment an electric current zapped his nerves and charged his mind with the only possible answer. The only reason someone so powerful could seem so weak…



Narcissa, like Draco, had Veela blood coursing through her veins. And there was only one thing that could so quickly cause his mother to die away.



Lucius was gone…


************************************************************************



I apologize for a short chapter… The next one will definitely be longer because that’s when the plot begins so trust me, you won’t be disappointed! I have my muses to thank for that. ::Looks at Slythindor and Grifferin::…



Slythindor: ::Snore::….



Grifferin: ZZzzzZZZzzz



Tiger Heart: Aww… poor things… I’ve worked them into exhaustion… ::slaps them both upside their heads:: wake up, we have more chapters to write!!



Grifferin: Ah! Ok, ok! I’m up!



Slythindor: ::mumbles::… go away wench…



Tiger Heart: grrrr…. -_-*(vein-popping) ::bonks him on the head with the fifth Harry Potter book--hard cover copy--::



Slythindor: ::seeing stars::… x_x



Grifferin: ::looks at unconscious muse on the floor, tail twitching in agony:: … did you have to hit him with the fifth book? That’s the biggest one…!



Tiger Heart: ::duh expression:: … well that’s what I was going for!



Grifferin: But if he’s unconscious, who’s gonna help you with all the angst in the next chapter? ::shudders at the thought::



Tiger Heart: Well… I didn’t think about that.



Grifferin: So if he’s out cold (dreamy-eyed) then the next chapter will be full of fluff! Yay! ::skips around throwing flower petals everywhere::



Tiger Heart: O.o? ::slaps Slythindor madly:: wake up damn you! Wake up!

Vampire vs Veela (Beginnings) by Tiger Heart
Moving along to the next chapter… Something to say before we get started. I’ve noticed other Harry Potter fans have said that I’m moving along too slow with the plot.

The only thing is that they might be under the assumption that the romance is the only thing that ties into it. This is completely wrong. I have many items incorporating into the plot, hence why there are so many details. I’m not trying to move too slow and I’m not trying to give away too much. Believe me, there is a lot of action, new ideas, new characters that fit into this complex sixth year that Harry’s starting.

So, I’m sorry if anyone feels that way. Believe me, there will be lots to digest throughout this novel-length story. Most of it starting after about another chapter or so. So bear with me please?

Also, Laura and Ana. I feel like you two are my betas since you have so much courage in saying what you truly think about this story. Remembering the things you said I needed to work on, please let me know if I still do or if I’m getting better throughout the story.

This story is still in the works and I’m always up for a bit of tweaking to my (already-finished) stories if there is strong advice. So, thank you ladies for keeping me on my toes. I’m actually revising the first two chapters based on your suggestions in ways that they’ll fit. So that proves that your comments do not go unnoticed.

Harry Potter and the Love of a Veela
Chapter 3
Vampire vs. Veela
(Endings and Beginnings)
By: Tiger Heart

>>> August 1st >>>

The London back-alleys were menacing this time of night. Dark, storm clouds rumbled above creating a gloomy, eerie aura upon the wasted areas of the populated city. The winds began to howl and would eventually pick up throughout the night. Bonfires that were scattered around and conjured up in trash bins began to dim as a thick mist lightly showered upon them. Shadows grew thicker, chasing away the only source of light the residents of the alley relied on during the long nights. They huddled closer to each other against the concrete walls of decrepit buildings. They could feel the darkness. It was thick in the air, swirling and collecting around one shadowed figure in particular.

He remained unseen but his presence was strong. Strong enough to give muggles that spine-chilling feeling that raised the hairs on the back of their necks when they can almost ‘swear’ something unnatural is about. They gazed up and down the back roads in wonder, but saw nothing.

The figure continued to stride down the damp streets for quite some time--clutching his cloak tighter to him--and finally paused in front of a wooden door to one of the worn buildings. He glanced to his right, his left and then behind before sticking his hand out from underneath the cloth and twisting the door knob that led into the Leaky Cauldron. He forced it open to make it appear as though the wind itself threatened to break it open; but the loud entrance was paid no mind by the tavern’s host and guests--who were all too busy amongst one another.

The invisible intruder snuck past the thick crowd as best he could--occasionally bumping into others and ducking to let them pin the blame on a visible figure. He swept behind the counter while a lonely gentleman, who--although visible--was also unnoticed by all, walked over and shut the door. A worn key, hanging along side others that belonged to vacant rooms, appeared to levitate off its hook before suddenly disappearing.

The sound of careful footsteps went unnoticed by the occupants of the bar and tavern, due to the loud noise; but as the footsteps reached the first floor, they grew louder down the silent, empty corridors. The sound stopped in front of a door labeled with a number that matched the key stolen from downstairs. What appeared to be an amputated hand floating near the door handle, with key in place, inserted the small tool and unlocked the door.

Then, the hand was let down, disappearing with the key once more and the sound of footsteps entered the empty room before the door was slowly and quietly closed…

Harry Potter collapsed on the wooden floor with a loud ‘thud’ before he tore his invisibility cloak off of him in a huff and threw it on the four poster. He silently gazed at the key he swiped downstairs. After sitting in solitude for a few minutes, he casually stood up and locked the door before placing the key in a drawer of a dusty nightstand that rested beside the entrance.

Then, he returned to his spot on the ground and sat there, one leg folded over the other, with nothing in mind. Actually, he had what felt like millions of thoughts coursing through the nerves of his brain, but they were so incomprehensible that his mind felt completely empty. Harry didn’t know what to think or say. The events from today alone was too much to understand. He held so many questions inside that seemed to have no answers. And his frustration was growing to the point where he could almost yell down the very walls that surrounded him.

He banged his fist on the creaking wood beneath him and growled. Why him? Why did everything have to happen to him? Now he was alone, truly alone. No one would want to be within fifty feet of him once they discovered what he had transformed into. He lifted his fingers and ran them across the ivory blades in his mouth and his face contorted into rage when he realized they weren’t going to go away. He looked at his hands--his pale hands--and wanted to wish them away as well.

The fury inside swelled to the point where even physical pain began to manifest in the pit of his stomach…

… No, wait… That pain was something else. It was burning from his very core and Harry was afraid of what it meant. If he truly was what he thought he was, he would die right there on the spot because there was no way in hell he was going to do the unthinkable to satisfy the hunger.

“No!” He hollered as he clenched his stomach and fell into a fetal position. “I won’t do it!”

However, the hunger seemed to tear at his insides, threatening to split his stomach open. Harry growled even louder, but the voice was not his own. It was deeper and maddening, like the night before. He sounded like a wild animal ready to kill the next ‘thing’ it spotted. However, what little willpower was left begged for Harry to hold on. The last thing he needed to do was take the life of another. He didn’t care what he had turned into, killing was not going to be a part of the solution--not if Harry had anything to do with it.

Still, the pain was immense and he wouldn’t be able to hold out much longer. Unconsciousness threatened to consume him and he--no his body more like it--knew that was not a good idea. It just knew he was doomed if that were to happen. So, he struggled to stay awake, to come up with a plan to ease himself; but as no ideas came about, Harry felt himself grow weaker, slipping into the darkness.

………………………………................................................................................................

Remus Lupin quietly sat away from the other guests of the Leaky Cauldron. His friendless form was seated right next to the front entrance and, surprisingly, no one sat near. He knew that his new reputation of being a creature unlike them would arouse rejection, probably from the fear stirring inside the other wizards and witches. It was so thick as if they were trying to live in their own world and fuse together whilst thinking that ignoring him would cause him to repel.

However, even though they thought their plan was working, Remus knew better. The only reason was because he--himself--chose not to meddle. He was used to being a solitary man now. Years of being separated from all one cares about have the ability to create such a person and will do so, if permitted. He welcomed the feeling, although it felt cold at times…

… Or maybe it was the sudden burst of wind that caused him to shiver slightly. He glanced to his right and noticed the entrance door to the tavern burst open with a mighty gust of wind following behind it. The others simply waved it off, believing the wind to be the culprit. Remus, on the other hand, wasn’t too sure. He knew he caught a whiff of something familiar, but couldn’t pinpoint it as it began to disappear and blend with the scents of others.

In any case, he slid his seat back and rose from the table to shut the wooden door; but as he turned his head to shield it from the biting rain, his perceptive eyes caught a small figure in mid-air.

Was that a key? Impossible! But there it began to float, casually gliding through the air before disappearing near the stairwell to the first floor.

Remus faced the exact direction of the key and scanned the stairway with his nose. He strode by others trying to pick up anything. He reached the slightly rickety steps, away from the mass of late-night visitors, and grabbed a hold of the same scent that passed him at the front entrance.

‘It couldn’t be!’ he yelled inside. The person he suspected was an utter fool if he had indeed pulled this stunt. But, knowing this person, Remus knew it was possible.

“Just like his dad,” he muttered before ‘tsk-ing’ at the mischievous performance. He trailed behind the smell, keeping his distance as he snaked around corners and stalked the invisible figure, keeping his nose right on him. But wait… if this really was who he thought it was, why did their scent alter? Could it be…?

Had it happened already?

Remus needed to find out. He rushed around the corner in time to see a door at the other end of the hall shut into place. When he reached it he heard the ‘click’ of a lock, but the thumping he heard afterwards made him anxious to see what was happening inside.

Muttering a quick lock-picking spell, Remus wasted no time in trying to discover what was on the other side. He wish they hadn’t, but his fears had been confirmed.

There lied his late friend’s son, on the ground, writhing in agony. He had hoped it wouldn’t have started so soon. Remus should have informed Harry of what the young wizard was when the boy discovered that Remus, Harry’s father and Sirius were the best of friends. Yes, the end of Harry’s third year at Hogwarts would have been a perfect time. But back then, it didn’t seem like it. Still, beating himself up was not going to help. Remus had to focus on relieving the whimpering teenager.

He quickly hovered over the boy and was in awe at how hard Harry was trying to hold back the raging instincts that had formed. His father, James, wasn’t able to control it quite as well after his first transformation.

Poor, Harry. His mouth was gaped open, letting out silent cries--his fangs exposed and elongated to the fullest. His claws dug into the wood beneath him as he tossed and turned. Remus desperately tried to bring the boy back to his senses, long enough for him to help Harry at least.

“Harry,” Remus called out, shaking his shoulders. “Harry, listen to me. You’re gonna be just fine. Just relax, okay?”

But Remus already knew Harry was starting to fade away. He had to get him to respond or else he would surely die from the suffering. Slowly but surely, Harry responded to man’s calls. Lying on his side, he turned his head towards the ceiling and gazed at his former professor. But something was wrong about his gaze.

What happened next was like a flash of lightning. A deep growl erupted in Harry’s throat; and with inhuman strength, Harry lunged up and threw Lupin against the wall, pinning him there. His mouth was shut but his fangs were long enough to protrude past his bottom lip. Harry’s eyes burned red with hunger--he knew nothing else--and his mouth was shut no longer as he extended his jaws, ready to strike.

During this time, Remus was mustering up every ounce of strength he had within himself waiting for this moment of weakness. The moment when Harry was giving in to the hunger. With a loud roar, Lupin pushed against Harry with all his might and didn’t stop until they reached the other end of the room, slamming the teenage boy against the opposite wall. He slammed as hard as he was able. He knew he wouldn’t normally do such a thing to Harry, but at that moment, this being before him was not Potter.

The force knocked a slight bit of wind out of the young wizard and caused him to stumble for just a second, if that. But that was all Lupin needed. With a quick wave of his wand, he threw a binding spell at the boy, rendering him unable to do anything but stand where he was, against the wall--almost attached to it, it seemed. Now, the focus needed to be bringing the ‘real’ Harry back into control. Remus walked up to him and hollered, demanding Harry’s attention.

“Harry, snap out of it!” His command was followed with a back-handed slap across Harry’s cheek.

Harry sneered for just a millisecond and Lupin wouldn’t have caught it if he weren’t looking. But right after, Harry’s eyes slowly faded from red to green and Harry Potter was back in control of his own body.

“That’s good…” Remus uttered slowly with a sigh. He looked at the boy questioningly. “Harry, are you with me?”

Harry looked at the older man and frowned. “R-Remus?” His voice was raspy and he sounded as though talking was the hardest task he was able to do. If Remus didn’t act fast, Harry would convert once more.

“Yes, it’s me. And it seems as though I’ve arrived just in time.”

“Remus… w-why can’t I move?”

“Well, that’s because I’ve put you under a binding spell. For both of our protection--but that’s beyond the point. I need you to do something for me. It will help the pain and control what’s inside of you. Can you do this?”

Harry just meekly nodded in response, afraid that uttering another word would bring back whatever he had the displeasure of releasing upon Lupin just moments ago. Remus smiled a little at his cooperation and quickly removed a pocket knife out of his jacket. He wasted no time in slowly slitting just a small portion of his wrist, knowing too much exposure of blood would drive the poor boy mad--and then, not even the spell could hold him back.

Harry kept his eyes steady on everything Remus was doing, but when he witnessed the man’s wrist slightly splitting open and the crimson trail that leaked out of it, Harry turned his head away quickly. His stomach growled audibly and his fangs almost twitched as if trying to extend further and reach out towards the wound.

“Harry, stop it! You have to or else you’ll die. You have to trust me!”

He walked up to the boy and held out his wrist for the taking--he used his other hand to grab Harry’s jaw and turn it towards him.

“Harry, nothing’s gonna happen and I have you bound to this very wall if you get out of control, so do not worry.”

Harry’s eyes opened and shut as if he were actually contemplating Remus’ words.

“Harry, you will die if you don’t cut it out, do you understand? You must accept it, there’s no choice. Stop being stubborn and do it now!”

His imperative statement must have struck some type of cord, because Harry was now slowly inching his opened jaws towards the older wizard’s wrist--his eyes were still shut. However, all thoughts were out the window when he sunk his elongated fangs in, searing the flesh of his former professor’s forearm, sucking away madly.

Remus winced on contact but held firm until he knew Harry had enough. He could tell it was enough when he felt Harry’s fangs slowly start to shrink as if pulling out of the wound. The problem was Harry didn’t know when enough was enough. Remus felt dizziness begin to consume him as his head became light.

“Okay, Harry… that’s enough.” Remus tried to pull back but Harry wouldn’t let go.

“Enough!”

Remus yanked away, letting Harry’s head fall back against the wall, as he ripped his sleeve and bandaged the wound. He sighed as he witnessed Harry’s eyes return to their normal hue and roll into the back of his head as his eyelids fluttered to a close.

Remus grabbed the boy and released the spell, feeling all of the teenage wizard’s weight falling on him. He dragged the boy over to the bed and gently laid him on the mattress. Harry was completely limp--mixed with his pale complexion, one might mistaken him for dead. But not Remus--he wasn’t worried. He knew the boy only needed rest, especially after the day he just endured.

‘Tomorrow,’ Lupin thought to himself. ‘The real challenge begins…’

>>>Meanwhile… at Malfoy Manor>>>

Narcissa,

Lucius is dead.
Cause: An Unforgivable; Killing Curse
Culprit: Unknown

Remains will be sent to Malfoy Manor first thing tomorrow morning for your choice of burial. The Ministry deeply regrets his loss and sends their utmost sympathy out to you and young Draco.

Sincerely,
Cornelius Fudge
Minister of Magic
Order of Merlin - First Class

………………………………................................................................................................

Draco crumpled the wretched parchment that was owled to him moments after his mother had passed away. He scowled at the letter before throwing it in the fire with Narcissa’s remains.

An enchanted force field prevented the blazing inferno from igniting the rest of the meadow behind their manor. The same spell surrounded a neighboring fire pit as it licked and tore away the flesh of his father.

The sun had set hours ago, the night engulfing the land around him threatening to consume his surroundings as well as himself. The two flaming pits before him were the only light that cascading upon the land chasing away the shadows for that moment, until they would die out, just like the sunlight.

To Draco, however, this was the darkest night of his life. In just a manner of two days his whole world had been completely turned upside down. His father’s passing was shocking enough, but when he witnessed his mother meet her untimely end due to that wretched Veela heart of hers, Draco snapped.

Was this what the life of a Veela had in store for him? To pitifully follow a mate and worship the ground one walked on? And when his mate dies, he had to cease to exist himself? Draco scoffed at the mere thought of letting someone else have such control over his life. After all, it was his life… no other was allowed to own it.

He felt a wind begin to pick up, as if threatening to blow out the fires that laid before him. Draco felt it flow underneath his clothes and throughout his very being. And then, it passed over something that made him wince. He cringed at the feeling and stared in awe as he slowly lifted his sleeve and gazed down at an astonishing mark that seemed to have burned into his very skin. It was a mark of long, bony fingers wrapped around his right wrist.

The bruise that contrasted to his pale skin, and the howling winds swirling around him, brought back memories of yesterday’s incidents. It was the very reason why he remained silent throughout this day. The thousands of owls that came swarming in to deliver letters of sympathy were also ignored for this reason. It was the reason why he appeared to be an empty shell.

The reason was… him…

The Past… July 31st … Malfoy Manor

Draco sat in a plush recliner inside his mother’s study even hours after she took her last breath. He was glued to the very spot, lost in thought. It seemed to be the only thing keeping him sane at the moment.

His parents had died. Both Lucius and Narcissa, father and mother of Draconis Malfoy had passed within the matter of one day. Normally a child would react in horrible ways, mourning over their parents by tears, screams, fits or wails of sorrow. But not Draco. He was enraged, but not because his was grief-stricken. At that moment he was furious towards his parents for dying. To him, in a weird, twisted way, it seemed like a result of weakness… and Malfoys were not weak!

His anger was slowly starting to consume his quiet, still form and vengeance seemed like the only fitting answer at the time to subdue it. And as if his mind was being tapped into and his feelings were being openly expressed to the outside world, the front doors of Malfoy Manor seemed to burst open with a bang! Draco could hear the ear-splitting sound all the way down the corridors to the very room he was sitting in.

Only one person, one power, would have the audacity to do such a thing…

“He’s here,” Draco whispered into air that was thick with silence.

As soon as Draco uttered those two little words, gusts of black, visible wind came pouring into the study followed by a man--if that’s what one could call him--that could make anyone quiver at the mere mention of his name.

Voldemort had arrived.

Draco, too, would be expressing nothing but a respectful fear towards the powerful wizard, as he had done whenever he encountered the man before. But at that moment, Draco was emotionless.

The Dark Lord almost seemed to slither his way over to the empty shell of a boy and gazed upon him with crimson eyes. In no way was Draco disrespectful to the man--he had learned that the hard way many times before. He casually pulled his head up towards the dark wizard, but dared not to look into his eyes. Not yet anyway. No one had the courage to look into them unless ordered by he himself.

Voldemort almost thrust his hand out from under his cloak. Draco slowly took the man’s hand, as expected, and gently placed his lips upon those white, bony fingers in honor of his ‘visit’.

The Dark Lord pulled his extremity back under its sleeve as if in acceptance of the boy’s gesture. But the older wizard caught something within the young Malfoy’s expression--or lack thereof.

“Look at me, young Malfoy.” His voice was ice, sending shivers done the boy’s spine. But Draco did as he was told and gazed into Voldemort’s red slits, which were growing even more narrow by the second. “Ah, I see the negative emotions coursing through your veins. And is that a hint of vengeance I sense?” It was more of a statement rather than a question. No one could hide anything from that man. So, Draco remained silent as the older wizard went on.

“Ah yes, your parents’ untimely demise are indeed a great loss. Lucius, an extremely valuable asset to my league of Death Eaters. And dear Narcissa, so loyal to him, and therefore, loyal to me. It will, in fact, hinder my plans.”

Asset? Plans? That was all he thought of Draco’s parents. Well, it wasn’t unexpected, but nevertheless, for Draco to hear these very words come out of that vicious man’s mouth definitely burned his very being. And the heat that began to rise from his core did not go unnoticed by the Dark Lord.

“I see you are filled with anger. Anger towards them, your parents? Or perhaps, anger towards… me?” Voldemort’s thin lips grew into a long, evil smirk. But it faded as quickly as it had appeared and he advanced on the young wizard, grabbing the boy by the wrist and yanking him out of the chair.

“You would be wise not to advert those thoughts of revenge in my direction. You are Lucius’ son, which is the only reason why you are alive instead of dead by my hands at this very moment. Still, it is also the reason why it is expected of you to be loyal to me just as he was and you will do just that, do you understand?” Voldemort sneered as he gripped the young wizard’s wrist even tighter.

Draco dared not to wince, but the pain was starting to reach unbearable measures. Voldemort gazed into his eyes and witnessed the pain flowing through them--the moisture that threatened to surface from his lids--and he let go, shoving him back into the chair, smiling at the young one in satisfaction.

The Dark Lord glided to the other side of the room and stood in front of the brick fireplace. He spat into it, creating roaring, blue fires that gleamed with evil. And there he stood, motionless, almost thinking perhaps, but what? Draco was not sure.

“The fact that you are his son brings up another matter.” He spoke to boy with his back still facing him. “My right hand man was murdered, therefore a vacant spot is open for the taking.”

The proposition was all too obvious and it was this offer that finally snapped Draco back to the here-and-now. Voldermort was offering him to be his main underling? His top loyal?

“From now until you die, you will be my new main loyal. You will be at my side and you will carry out my every order. In return, you will gain total respect from all pureblooded wizards in the world, which I’m sure you would accept no less. After all…” Voldemort chuckled, “… you are a Malfoy.”

Voldemort turned on his heel and revealed the most sinister smile Draco ever laid eyes on. How dare that man mock the Malfoy blood-line! But Draco caught himself before lunging at the very person who could kill him without a second thought. Besides, it was plain and clear he didn’t have any say in the matter. But to become his main loyal, so soon?

He always dreamed of this moment, when this ‘honor’ would be passed from his father to him. But wasn’t this a little early? Wasn’t he too young? And wouldn’t he receive the Dark Mark in acceptance of his new alliance? A student at Hogwarts could be expelled for being a Death Eater. It wasn’t supposed to happen like this.

“Besides,” Voldemort added after a moment of silence. “I couldn’t think of none other than a Malfoy to be by my side. With your heritage and upbringing, you fully understand--more than any other wizard in the world could possibly comprehend--the purpose of my plot.”

“But sir,” Draco spoke up for the first time since the Dark Lord first entered. “Wouldn’t I have to be Marked? Dumbledore would surely expel me.”

Voldemort’s eyes grew black with rage at the mere mention of the elder wizard’s name and he quickly swept over to the young Malfoy and scooped him up by his very neck.

“Don’t you think I’m aware of that, Draconis?!” Draco winced at that name. His father was the only one allowed to refer to him as Draconis… and Voldemort knew. He was pushing every button Draco had to push. “Do you take me for a fool?! Or perhaps you’re bringing that up because you are afraid to receive the Mark?”

He threw the young boy down and gazed upon him--his eyes still black but now they had flames rising up from his bottom lids. Draco grasped his very own throat in attempt to alleviate it as he looked up at the man. Of course he wanted the Mark, he was grown up to hope that one day he would receive it? There was no question about it… Right?

“Don’t fear, young Malfoy… I have no intention of Marking you just yet. I’ve already thought it through. You are, after all, a Hogwarts student. Your influence upon your fellow students will be a wondrous asset to me, so we can’t have you kicked out, now can we?”

He lowered to meet Draco’s gaze at eye-level and gently grasped the sixteen year-old boy’s chin. “You are the main contributor towards my plans now. Remain loyal to me and I’ll look out for you just as your mother and father did.”

Draco’s heart sunk a little at the mention of his parents.

“Ah, still stuck on revenge? Well, why don’t you take it out on the very person who deserves it most?”

Draco gazed into his eyes--for once--unflinchingly. His soul burned to core at what the Dark Lord might be suggesting. Was he aware of who his father’s killer was? Voldemort returned the gaze, the fire in his eyes flaming higher. His lips twisted into a deep, ugly frown before he uttered his next words.

“Harry Potter.”

Potter? Draco almost scoffed at the man’s accusations, but quickly held his tongue. Surely Potter didn’t sneak into Azkaban and take out his father. He was too goody-goody to even think about performing an Unforgivable Curse. Voldemort seemed to catch Draco’s confusion and spoke once more.

“Now he didn’t kill him, but he is fully responsible. If he hadn’t stirred up the trouble he caused at the Ministry, your father wouldn’t have been caught and sentenced to prison in the first place.”

And in a twisted way, it made sense to Draco.

“Think about it. We will both accomplish what we desire. You stand by my side and help me carry out my plans. Aide me in gathering more followers--you know, put your influence to good use. And then, when my plan is finalized, we’ll move up to the moment when we encounter that foolish, ignorant Potter and we’ll destroy him and Dumbledore both. Revenge will be ours!”

Voldemort slowly slid up, raising the boy up with him and sat him back down on the recliner where he first sat when the Dark Lord arrived. With a wave of his hand, angry winds enveloped the older wizard and carried him out of the study. He uttered no goodbye as he exited.

But Draco wouldn’t have been paying attention anyway. His mind was processing the last sentence that flowed out of that malicious man’s mouth.

“Revenge will be ours!”

Those words had hissed from his mouth with so much encouragement surrounding them; and Draco soaked it up like a sponge. Maybe the older wizard was right. Harry was responsible.

It made sense; that devious prat always had it out for Draco anyway. That’s why he went to the Ministry. He hit Draco and his family where it hurt the most. Their pride and dignity; and now look what happened as a result. He was alone… utterly alone.

Maybe not. Voldemort was offering what hundreds of wizards have killed for and still haven’t obtained. A spot right beside him. If--no when--Voldemort took over, Draco would be standing right next to him.

The Malfoy name will be restored and heightened as if it had never been tarnished before. It was Draco’s turn to make it right again and bring back the pride that dissolved from this ridiculous scandal.

Draco would do, what he believed, needed to be done.

“Potter will pay…”

The Present… August 2nd … The Leaky Cauldron

Harry Potter slept soundlessly in bed as the morning rays had fully developed, pouring through the simple, white curtains and bathing his face with warmth. The increase in temperature seeped into Harry’s pores and snaked its way through his eyelids, stirring him out of his slumber.

Abnormally, the daylight was immensely bright--at least to Harry it was; and he dared not to open his eyelids just yet. He didn’t feel like adjusting to the light right now. In fact, he didn’t feel like anything. His body was full of fatigue and the bed sheets were so comfortable. He could just curl right back up and sleep the day away.

In reality he couldn’t. Harry was never used to doing so. During the summer, he never slept past seven in the morning--Uncle Vernon just wouldn’t have it, not when he could be doing more ‘productive’ things. And in a way, Harry felt as though he could almost feel those heavy footsteps pounding up the staircase. In just a few moments, his uncle would be banging the door down, ordering him to wake up.

Knock, knock, knock!

And there it was. The dreadful wake-up call.

Wait a minute. That sounded awfully light to be one of Vernon’s ‘knocking rampages’--and why wasn’t the man hollering for him to get out of bed.

Curiosity claimed the best of Harry and--regardless to the sunlight--he threw his eyelids apart and desperately tried to scan his surroundings. As they adjusted, he realized this wasn’t the shabby, little bedroom at Number 4 Privet Drive. It was slightly shabby, but definitely greater in size. Was it possible? Had last nights events actually occurred and weren’t a figment of his imagination. He rubbed his eyes roughly with his fists as if this would clear his hallucinations; but he was in the very same room after he pulled them away.

Knock, knock, knock!

“Harry? Are you okay in there?”

Remus’ voice. It was his old professor. So, Harry hadn’t been dreaming. This was actually real. He was away from the Dursley’s once more. But the joy that manifested was erased as quickly as it came, for that meant that all the horrible details of last night’s episode were real as well.

And as if thinking those thoughts were the trigger, it switched back on the painful hunger he had to endure the previous night. Harry--sitting up against the headboard--desperately clutched his stomach and leaned forward, failing to alleviate it. It wasn’t as horrible as it was before and it didn’t seem as difficult to try and pull back, but the searing pain--like someone shoving a sword straight through one’s gut--was something he could not get over.

A moment later, he could hear the doorknob twisting into a ‘click’ and then the groan of the door hinges as the older wizard stepped through the doorway--caution and concern etched all over his features. However, his slow pace immediately quickened when he saw Harry doubled over once more. He strode to the bedside, almost shoving the goblet he had been holding right up to Harry’s face.

“I knew this would happen again, so I took the liberty of coming up here prepared.”

Harry forced his eyes ajar and looked up at Lupin and then back down at the goblet, filled nearly to the brim with a thick, crimson liquid. He only needed one guess as to what it was, but he shot his gaze back up at the man sitting next to him.

Remus seemed to decipher what was running through Harry’s mind and almost chuckled at the thought. “Oh, dear no! I didn’t kill anyone. And I know this disgusts you now. Trust me, I don’t like the thought of it as much as you don’t.”

“So,” Harry spoke up. “You didn’t kill anyone?”

“No,” Remus laughed out loud this time.

Harry offered a tiny twitch of a smile in response and gazed at the goblet once more. His stomach was twisting into unbearable knots and he knew this was the only thing to alleviate it. So, he slowly removed the cup from Remus’ hands and sipped on the copper fluid. As soon as the first drop hit his stomach, it craved more and Harry began to steadily drink it.

That’s when Lupin spoke once more… “--not a person at least. I knew you would still be suffering from the hunger. So, I went out last night to the outskirts of London and well… to make a long story short, that’s rabbit’s blood you’re drinking.”

Harry was down to the last few gulps when that statement registered and he immediately spat the rest out and threw the cup aside. He frantically wiped at his mouth and his face contorted as though he might hurl on the spot.

Remus offered a casual smile in amusement and rubbed the boy’s back gently. “There, there. It didn’t taste that bad did it?--not to you at least. Besides, I bet that the pain is starting to subside, am I right?

Harry finished wiping himself off while offering a slight nod ‘yes’ in response. Relief began pouring over him and it was warm. He felt it coursing through his system, sending away all the aches--revitalizing him to the fullest. He felt eternally grateful to his former professor; and thought of it as a stroke of luck that he ran into him, else he couldn’t fathom what might have happened.

Suddenly another thought ran through Harry’s mind. Now that he felt settled within himself, he was thinking a lot more clearly--and one thought in particular was haunting above all others…

How did Remus know? Or better yet, it was the fact that Remus knew. It was like he almost expected it--he was acting so casually towards the matter. Not to mention, Lupin knew exactly what to do, as if he had experienced the same situation previously.

That’s when it struck Harry, and what happened next completely blew both of them by surprise…

Harry lunged forward at the older wizard, causing them both to slip off the bed and onto the floor… hard. He pinned Lupin to the ground with an unknown strength he never realized he had.

Remus looked up at the boy and almost swore that Harry was having another ‘difficult’ moment like he did the night before, but that’s when he noticed that Harry’s eyes were still the same. They remained their emerald color, except now they were burning with a dark passion. That’s when he knew that Harry was in total control. It was just pure anger running through those eyes--and did Lupin see a slight bit of hurt?

“H-Harry?… I d-don’t understa--”

“You kept it from me!”

“What?”

“Don’t deny it and don’t play dumb! You knew all along what I was, ever since we first met. You knew this was going to happen and you kept it from me!” Harry’s last statement was full of hurt and his voice was pushing to the point of cracking.

Remus stared hard into the young wizard’s gaze, almost as if trying to explain his reasons, without words, to the core of Harry’s very soul.

“Look, Harry. I know this wasn’t the best way to tell you--”

“--But that’s the point! You never told me! I had to find out for myself, but isn’t that always how it happens?”

“Harry I can sympathize and only begin to understand how you feel--”

“No you can’t Remus! I was all alone. I had to endure the pain by myself. No one was at my side. My so-called friends and supporters only care to a certain degree. They still treat me as though I’m untouchable. I thought you were different Remus, but you’re just like them because you didn’t tell me. And you know what…?”

Harry stop himself short as if uttering one more word would cause him to collapse. But he gathered his strength and pressed on, as if these last words were what really mattered.

“It… hurts…”

There.

He had finally said what he had been aching to say for so long. So many long years. Lupin’s heart finally split in two and he immediately sat up, enveloping the trembling boy in his arms. Surprisingly, he didn’t witness Harry pour out tears of all the emotions he had held in for so long. Instead, the young wizard let out one, dry sob and then his body was released into a shaking fit. Remus just held tighter, wishing he could just swallow up all of Harry’s pain within himself so the boy didn’t have to suffer any longer.

“Harry… I know nothing can take back my dishonesty towards you. But if it helps, I stand for all who really do care about you in saying that we really were just trying to protect you…”

He pulled Harry’s chin so he could look the young wizard dead in his eyes before continuing. “… But I guess we were too caught up in being overprotective that we didn’t notice you were becoming a young gentleman. And keeping things from you--things that are important for you to know--isn’t the best way of keeping you safe and I realize that now. I really am sorry, Harry.”

Harry gazed at Remus. “If you really want to apologize, start by keeping your word.”

Remus smiled slightly at Harry’s proposition. “Oh, how so?” But he already had an idea.

“Start by telling me how I became a vampire…”

The question was expected, but to hear Harry say that word still caught him off guard. Lupin sighed for just a moment as if rolling the thoughts through his head of whether or not he should tell the boy. He knew he had to keep his word but answering Harry’s question meant telling him a whole other story in order to explain to Harry why he was what he was.

The look in Harry’s eyes confirmed that he wasn’t going to back down. They were both too deep in this and the young wizard did have the right to know. ‘Look at him’, Remus mused to himself. ‘He’s definitely not a boy anymore.’

This was the end of the Harry Potter he first met. He was growing up--he had to if he was going to stand head-to-head with the darkest lord known to wizard kind…

Remus casually stood up, dusted off his robes and held out his hand for Harry to take. After pulling the teenager up, he sat them down on the mattress and let out a breath he felt he had been holding since he was tackled to the ground…

“All right Harry. I’ll tell you.” And then Remus added with a smile, “The question now is, where should I begin…?”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tiger Heart: As you can see, the chapter is much longer now and full of angst-y goodness! ::rubs palms together maniacally… O.o::

Slythindor: ::rubs palms together maniacally … O.o::

Grifferin: ::trembles underneath bed, poking his head out:: … You two are evil! No worse! You two are the Devil!

Tiger Heart: Well sit tight cause it gets even better! O.o!

Grifferin: ::hides under bed again:: … mommy… o.o?

Tiger Heart: I never thought I’d ask this… but… Please oh pretty-please! (look I’m actually begging)… oh pretty-pretty please (Slythindor: that’s pathetic)… review! I want to know you guys are still reading this. ‘Cause that’s why it’s up here, for you to read and enjoy and if you don’t enjoy it… well, I’ll just have to pack up my story and take it elsewhere… how you like them apples?

Grifferin: ::pokes up again:: … apples?

Slythindor: Angst!

Grifferin: Eep! ::hides again::

Slythindor: Wimp.

Tiger Heart: ::rolls eyes::
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3401