Perfect Body by Anita
Summary: Andie Burton is a gymnast striving to become and Olympic medalist. The road to the Olympics is not easy as her best friend, boyfriend, and coach become bumps in her dreams.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 5218 Read: 11460 Published: 12/19/04 Updated: 03/03/05

1. Sneak Preview by Anita

2. Starting Off by Anita

3. Changing Gyms by Anita

4. Being Perfect by Anita

5. And the Trouble Begins by Anita

6. My Own Kind by Anita

7. Home for the Weekend by Anita

8. A Mistake by Anita

Sneak Preview by Anita
Sneak Preview of my future story:

"Are you ready Andie?" David asked.

"Um, yeah." She answered.

"Get on the scale." He instructed.

She looked at the other girls that were gathered around.

"But...."

"Is there going to be a problem?" He asked gruffly.

Leslie smirked watching.

"Um, no, no problem." Andie said soflty and stepped up to the scale.

The coach weighed her carefully.

"How tall are you?" He asked looking at the number on the scale.

"Five feet." She said and offered him a smile.

"You are going to have to lose eight pounds."

"But this is a good weight for my height."

David looked up.

"Listen do you want to be the best because what you are right now isn't good enough. If you want to be the best then you must push yourself. Do you understand!"

Leslie smirked happy with this.

Andies face was hurt and scared. She nodded.

Look for more of this story coming to you this new year.
Starting Off by Anita
Disclaimer: I do not own Brian Littrell, I do not own the movie or script of Perfect Body, I do not own the Characters Andie Burton, Leslie Reynolds or Coach David Blair.

I do own Kayla, Clara,

Starting Off

"Just concentrate, work hard, and go for it."

Andie Burton nodded. Her face was set and stony. She looked up and saw a tall blond man walk in and see her, he smiled at her and she returned the smile, then she turned and faced the balance beam. She raised her arms in salute to the judges and stepped up to the apparatus.

Her face was serious as she got ready for her routine. She ran and hit the spring board jumping up onto the beam and landing on one foot. She began to dance gracefully along the beam, showing off her lean body and long lines. She tumbled effortlessly on the 4-inch wide apparatus.

Before she knew it, her routine was almost over, all she had left was her dismount. She threw her arms up into the air when her feet hit the blue mat. She smiled. She had stuck her dismount. She ran over to where the reset of her team and coach were waiting. She smiled seeing her score. A 9.70.

After the competition, Andie made her way over to her parents.

"Great job honey, we are so proud of you."

Andie smiled.

"Thanks."

She pulled her warm-ups on when the tall blond man walked over. He was coach David Blair. He had a gym close by and a few of the girls he had trained had gone onto the Olympic like Leslie Reynolds.

Andie and her parents went into a room where they could talk privately to Coach Blair.

"I believe Andie has a lot of talent and I think I can take her further and help her dream on making an Olympic team."

Her mom hesitated, giving her dad a glance.

"Listen, you don't have to decide right now. At least come to Orlando and see my gym. I mean Orlando is not far from Tampa here is it?"

"Alright, we'll go." Clara said.

Andie smiled happily.

The next day at school Andie was anxious and jumpy.

"What's with you?" Her boyfriend Brian Littrell asked.

Andie turned and faced Brian and her best friend Kayla.

"I don't want to jinx it." She said bitting her lip.

"Oh come on. We are your best friends." Kayla said.

Andie sighed.

"Ok, but nothing is final yet or anything, but I have a chance of training for the Olympics."

"Oh wow, and you were keeping this from us?" Kayla asked pouting.

Andie laughed.

"Well, it's not a for sure thing."

Brian slipped his arm around her.

"I am so proud of you."

They shared a kiss.

"Thanks."

He smiled and kissed her again.

"Oh please, you just saw each other at lunch." Kayla said with a laugh.

Andie stuck her tongue out at her and laughed.

"Oh, Kayla, I'm not too sure about cheer try outs, but I swear that I will try and make it back on time."

Kayla looked at her sadly.

"The whole point of cheerleader try outs were so you and I could do them together."

"I know but, with this that came up now..."

Kayla nodded.

"I understand how important this is for you."

Andie smiled at her.

"Thanks."

The bell rang and Andie looked at Brian and Kayla.

"Well, I better go. See you guys soon."

They smiled and she got into her moms car.

a/n im in an extremely great mood today so i decided to post this. I have a graphic for it does anyone know how to post pictures?
Changing Gyms by Anita
Changing Gyms

"I'm just not sure if this is something I want her to do." Clara said to her husband later on that night.

"Why not? This is something she has always dreamed of." Fred said.

Andie walked in happily looking at things about the city.

"Oh my gosh mom there is just so much stuff to do in Orlando! I can't believe it."

"Honey are you sure that this is something that you really want to do?" Clara asked her daughter.

Andie turned to her and smiled.

"Mom, when I was in first grade and my teacher asked me what I wanted to be, what did I say?"

"That you wanted to be a lawyer?" Her dad said as he walked by.

Andie laughed and smacked his arm.

"NO!"

Clara sighed.

"You said that you wanted to be an Olympian."

"And I still do."

"Well, if you are sure that this is what you really want...."

"It is! It really is mom." Andie insisted.

"Then, we'll do it." Clara sighed.

"YES!" Andie ran up to her room to call Brian and Kayla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day had finally come and it was 3:45 am when Andie's clock alarm went off, signaling her to wake up for the first day at her new gym.

Clara dropped her off.

"Well, later I have to go in for my job interview. Now you memorize everything about today because I want all of the details." Clara said as Andie leaned in the window.

"Ok, I will." Andie agreed.

"I feel like a kid again." Clara sighed.

Andie laughed.

"Me too!" She giggled.

"Ha ha, very funny. Well goodluck sweet heart." She drove away.

Leslie sat in her yellow jeep shoving her food from Mickey D's into her mouth. She got out of the car grabbing her bag and taking one last bite of her food.

"Hey!" She called out to Andie as she walked up. "So you decided to go for it?"

"Yeah." Andie said with a smile as she adjusted her bag.

"Well," Leslie said opening the door. "Welcome to hell."

Andie looked at her in shock as she walked in and headed to the bathroom.

Tons of girls were already in the gym working out on the equipment and warming up. Andie headed back into the locker rooms. A girl with dark hair sat wrapping her knee. Andie looked at her then at the lockers..

"Any of them are free." The girl offered with a smile.

"Thanks." Andie opened one and put her bag in. "I'm Andie." She introduced herself.

"I'm Anita." The girl said looking up with a smile.

"So have you been with coach Blair for a while?"

"Actually we call him David and yeah, I've been with him for two years, but I just got senior elite."

"Oh, congradulations."

Anita picked up a bottle of pills and put two in her hand. Andie looked at her in shock.

"For my knees. They always hurt since my surgery. David says I have to suck it up but they aren't his knees." She rolled her eyes.

She got up to get some water. Andie turned and began to roll up her hoodie sleeves.

"A little advise, I would take that off." Anita said.

Andie gave a nervous laugh.

"Why?"

"It's stupid really, it's what we call initiation humiliation. You'll get used to it."

Andie hesitated as Anita left and took her sweatshirt off. She wondered exactly what she had gotten herself into.

"Hurry up." Brenda, David's assistant coach said sticking her head in.

"Do I have time to go to the bathroom?" Andie asked quickly.

Brenda gave her a tight smile.

"If you hurry."

Andie quickly headed into the bathroom where she heard the sounds of someone throwing up. She looked over towards the stall. Leslie walked out to rinse her mouth.

"Are you ok?"

"Uh huh fine." Leslie said taking a handful of water.

"Do you need anyone? I can go get Brenda or David."

Leslie stood up straight her eyes wide.

"NO! I"m fine. Really, I just ate too much."

Andie wasn't too sure but just left it.

Slowly, she followed Leslie out.

"You ready Andie?" David asked as she came out.

"Yes."

"Come on, up onto the scale."

Andie stood in shock.
Being Perfect by Anita
Being Perfect

"Are you ready Andie?" David asked.

"Um, yeah." She answered.

"Get on the scale." He instructed.

She looked at the other girls that were gathered around.

"But...."

"Is there going to be a problem?" He asked gruffly.

Leslie smirked watching.

"Um, no, no problem." Andie said soflty and stepped up to the scale.

The coach weighed her carefully.

"How tall are you?" He asked looking at the number on the scale.

"Five feet." She said and offered him a smile.

"You are going to have to lose eight pounds."

"But this is a good weight for my height."

David looked up.

"Listen do you want to be the best because what you are right now isn't good enough. If you want to be the best then you must push yourself. Do you understand!"

Leslie smirked happy with this.

Andies face was hurt and scared. She nodded.

"Good, glad you understand." He said.

Andie stepped off of the scale and stood to the side. Anita stepped onto the scale.

"80 pounds....perfect! Great job Anita." David said hitting her a high five.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ok? You sound upset." Brian said.

He and Andie were talking on the phone.

"Yeah....fine."

"So how are things going in with you in the gym?" Brian asked.

"Things are doing great. I love the gym. David is really tough but he is awesome." Andie said meaning everything.

Andie got up and walked over to her mirror as she and Brian continued to talk. She lifted her shirt slightly to be able to examine her stomach. She ran her hand over the flat surface and on the side pinched a bit of what she thought was flat.

After she was done examining her stomach she checked her arms. She felt totally gross.

"This is just so hard sometimes." Andie suddenly sighed.

"What is?" Brian asked.

"Being the biggest girl in the gym. There are girls half my age and half my size doing move that I can only dream of doing."

"Come on Andie. Don't you think you are exagerating things a bit? I mean you are an excellent gymnast."

Andie sighed. There was no way that Brian could ever understand what she was going through. His lined beeped.

"Gotta take that call." Brian said and quickly switched.

Andie continued to look at herself carefully.

"Hey Andie?" Brian asked coming back on line.

"Yeah?"

"You are really gonna hate me but I really need to take this call. Nick is on the other line and he has the answers to the Biology test for tomorrow."

"Last time you said that you got a B-"

"Well that was because I was with you an hour before the test and I couldn't think straight."

Andie laughed softly.

"I guess things are different now huh?"

"Yeah guess so."

"Well, I'll see you at home this weekend for my game right?"

"I'll do my best to be there."

"Ok bye Andie love you."

Andie put down the phone as Brian hung up.

She couldn't take it anymore. Things were going to have to change. She was going to have to change if she wanted to have a chance at the Olympics. Yes things were gonna change for Andie Burton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leslie stood at the end of the runway getting ready to practice. Right next to her on the other runway, Andie stood. Leslie stepped one foot out, then she began to sprint down the runway.

Her feet hit the spring board and she flipped over the horse in a simple tuck.

Andie ran fast and hard then jumped up onto the spring board. She flipped over the vault in a front hand-spring.

Again and again, Leslie and Andie ran down the runway and vaulted different vaults. Both did about 30 each. Andie turned to look at Leslie who was out of breath like she was.

They both began to laugh.

"Not bad." Leslie told her.

"Thank I mean I didn't go nearly as high as you but well David wants me to loose weight."

"It really helps." Leslie said getting her water. "I mean who can fly with a bowling ball around her waist right?"

Andie nodded.

"So Leslie, do you think you might want to hang out sometime?"

Leslie looked at her weird.

"You think you are gonna have a life outside these walls?" She walked away.

Andie sighed and went to move onto the next event.
And the Trouble Begins by Anita
And the Trouble Begins

Andie flipped along the beam and flew off in a double back dismount. She landed on her bottom and fell back.

Irritated, Andie sat up ready to try again but heard clapping. She looked up.

"Oh my gosh! Brian!" She ran to him and threw herself into his arms.

"What the hell was that?" Brian asked smiling down at her.

"Oh, that was horrible. I slipped on my roundoff so I crashed the landing." She said sighing.

"That was amazing! I can't believe all of the new moves you have learned so far."

She shrugged trying to act casual. Truth be told, she was also very excited at the new level of gymnastics she was starting to compete.

"So what are you doing here?" She asked him finally.

"Well I came by hoping that we can drive home together. Let's go."

"Now?"

"Yeah now."

Andie glanced over at David. He gave her an annoyed look.

"Listen Brian, I don't think I am going to be able to come home this weekened."

"What! But you missed my last game against Hoover, we play Weston this weekend!"

"I know, I know. I am really sorry Brian really."

He sighed.

"ANDIE COME ON!" David shouted from across the gym.

"Listen Brian I better get back to practice."

Brian sighed hard.

"Fine, maybe I'll just stick around for a while and watch you practice."

Andie hesitated, then she nodded and walked back over to the balance beam. She began to practice her routine over and over again. She pushed herself to do the best that she could.

Five O'clock came and Brian walked over to her.

"Let's go home and have dinner."

Andie sighed hard. She knew that she had to work harder if she was going to get anywhere. She really wanted to make the Olympic team and that was the most important thing to her.

"Brian, I really need to stay later and get more work in."

He was stunned. What was with her.

"You mean to tell me that I drove four hours here just to see you and you aren't coming home, and you won't even have dinner with me?"

Andie felt really bad.

"Brian I.."

"I know, I know, you're sorry. Yeah well, so am I."

Brian turned and walked out the door. He really hope that she knew what she was doing and didn't get herself into any kind of trouble.

Andie didn't have enough time to feel bad about what had happened with Brian. David had walked over to her insisting that she continued work on the beam.

"Go for it Andie."

She paused slightly nervous.

"Go! Go now!" David shouted at her.

Andie took a deep breath and flew into her dismount. She landed throwing her arms up into the air and smiled at David. He was frowning.

"Do you know why I'm not happy?"

Andie glanced down at her self. She was breathing hard, hands on her hips.

"Is it my weight?"

"You paused! You showed fear! A great gymnast does not pause and should not fear. You do not let the people or judges see this!"

Andie got a drink from her water bottle.

"Now get up there and do it again!"

Andie got back up onto the beam. David had her working very hard and late into the evening. She was supposed to go home at 5 pm but she didn't home until after nine.

"Andie, you have homework..." Her mom said.

"I know I know, I'm sorry. David kept me late."

"Well I figured you would be hungry so I kept your dinner warm."

Andie hesitated.

"You know what mom, I pigged out just before I came home."

"Well, if you are sure."

"I am." Andie insisted before running up to her room to do her homework and get to bed.
My Own Kind by Anita
My Own Kind

Andie stood waiting behind Leslie at a gymnastics fundraiser.

"And now, and Olympic medalist, Leslie Reynolds!" David introuduced her.

Leslie flashed a brief smile turned to face the area they were using for the opening and took off. She tumbled a round-off, backhand spring, backhand spring, whip back into a double twist.

The crowed cheered loudly for her.

"An now, an up and commer, Andie Burton!"

Andie smiled excitedly. She exploded into a round-off, whip back, whip back, whip back, backhand spring, double back.

Her tumbling run recieved a lot of applause. She excitedly ran over to get into her warmups. Leslie was already almost done putting hers on.

"Don't you just hate these things?" Leslie asked rolling her eyes.

"No, not really."

Leslie shrugged.

"Come on."

"Where?" Andie asked.

"Let's get out of here."

"But we're supposed to sell t shirts."

"We're going back to the gym. Your pike needs work remember?"

Andie cast a look over to where David was.

"Come on." Leslie said walking away.

"Oh my gosh." Andie said nervously and followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I was kicking a lot when I came out, my mom said I was born doing gymnastics." Leslie said.

"I didn't start until I was seven." Andie said.

"Ew, what does that make me then?"

"Oh come on Les, you already won and Olympic medal."

"Team one." Leslie said rolling her eyes.

They passed a bakery.

"Oh wow, look at all that food. Come on Andie let's go get something."

"No thanks." Andie said looking away.

Leslie gave her a look.

"I'm on a diet." Andie said.

"Oh really? What kind?"

"My own kind."

"That's something I haven't heard before."

Andie shrugged.

"Please Andie." Leslie begged.

"I guess I can get a coke or something." Andie sighed finally giving in.

At the table, Leslie reached into the box and pulled out the last eclair.

"The last one Andie." Leslie said waving it in her face.

Andie didn't move to get it. Leslie sighed and took a bite out of it.

"You know Andie, this is so not fun for me." She said wipping her lips.

"You think this is fun for me Leslie? Everything you just ate looks so delicious. I mean you saw what David did to me. I am the fattest girl in the gym. I can't believe I would even consider eating after that."

"You know there are ways around it."

"What do you mean?"

"I couldn't diet and train eight hours a day. So I found a way around it."

Andie played with the straw in her drink.

"Ok." She finally answered.

Leslie smiled and handed Andie the rest of the fatty snack.

"Oh mmmmm, this is so good." Andie said taking a bite.

Leslie smirked and waited for her to finish.

"Come on."

Andie followed Leslie into the bathroom and followed what to do. After, she rinsed her mouth in the sink. She couldn't believe what she had just done.

"It's no big deal Andie, everyone does it."

Andie glanced at her in the mirror.

"I'm gonna wait for you outside, uh huh bye." Leslie turned and walked out.

Andie sighed and looked at herself in the mirror.
Home for the Weekend by Anita
Home for the Weekend

"Hey Andie." Carl greeted his daughter.

"Hi dad." Andie flashed him a smile.

Andie and her mom were home visiting for the weekend. It was 8 am and he and her mom had been talking in the kitchen when she walked in.

"You are up early honey, I thought you were going to sleep late."

Andie walked over to the sink and got a glass of water.

"Yeah well I've been up a while. I guess it's just a habbit." Andie answered drinking her water.

"So, it's been a while since we have all sat down together and eaten together as a family. You up for it Andie?"

"Oh, um Brian and I were going to go for a run and then get food."

"Well, ok."

"There is something different about you." Carl said.

Andie shrugged.

"You really are getting too thin Andie." Her mom said.

"That's it! You do look thinner. Have you lost some weight?"

"Uh yeah, a little."

"How much?"

"Just a few pounds."

"You look nice."

"Thanks." Andie smiled and walked out not seeing the dirty look her mom gave her dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andie and Brian ran through the park. Andie were leggings and a baggy sweatshirt.

"Since when are you so into running? I can barely keep up with you." Brian said.

"Just come on."

Brian grabbed her around the waist. Andie moved away fast.

"Stop it!"

Brian stopped confused and looked at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just all hot and sweaty. It's gross."

Brian thought that there was more to it.

"Race you to the car." Andie turned and ran for his car.

He hesitated then took off after her.

After they finished their run, they headed a quiet place for dinner. She ordered a salad and he a burger.

"Is that all you are going to eat?" He asked watching her pick at her salad.

"I'm not that hungry." She answered.

She crumpled her napkin into a ball and shoved the salad away after only having taken a few bites.

He picked up his burger and took a bite out of it.

"This is so good wanna bite?"

"No thanks." She said coldly.

"You sure?" Moving it closer so she could take a bite.

"I said I don't want any! I'm now gonna have a drink of my drink ok." Taking a drink of her water.

Brian was shocked about her burst.

"Andie..."

"You know what, forget it." Andie slammed her drink down and shoved her chair away from the table.

She stormed out as Kayla opened the door.

"Glad you are still here Andie?" She said as Andie shoved past her.

Kayla gave Brian a look. He sighed and put his burger down.

Where do I go from here?
Or am I just like a clock spinning round?
Everything seems unclear
Confusion is raising its head and I can't make a sound

Andie was shaking with rage that she could not understand. She stormed home and went into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and ate some grapes then yanked a container out.

At the counter she began to stuff chicken into her mouth. She was breathing hard eating the chicken as fast as she could.

Feeling sick she wipped her mouth with the back of her greesy hand. She ran for the bathroom.

And I feel it
Tearing at my soul while I'm asleep
I feel it
Driving me to something I'll regret

Leaning over the toilet she made up self throw up all that she had just eaten. Her body trembled from fear and being tired.

She flushed the toilet and sank back against the door crying. She felt so upset she was losing control of what was happening to her.

What if I make the change?
What if I lose all my courage this time?
Everything seems so strange
Try but I can't seem to make a decision that's right

And I feel it
Pounding like a drum inside my brain
I feel it
If it doesn't stop I'll go insane

I feel it
Tearing at my soul while I'm asleep
I feel it
Driving me to something I'll regret
I feel it...I feel it
f it doesn't stop I'll go insane

(Lyrics by Merril Bainbridge. Go to Amazon.com, type in her name in music and go to her cd The Garden to listen to a clip of the song.)
A Mistake by Anita
A Mistake

Andie returned to the gym the following Monday. She felt so confused about what was going on. She pushed herself through training knowing that Invitationals were coming up.

*******************************************

Brian went to the payphone after school on Monday and called Andie. He sighed when her machine picked up.

"Hey Andie, this is Brian, I'm sorry I missed you once again, you haven't been returning my calls and I want to know if there was something I did to make up so upset. Well I am sorry again and hope to talk to you soon." Brian hung up.

"She not there?" Kayla asked coming up to him.

"No, her machine picked up again." Brian sighed.

Kayla studied him.

"Come on, let's get out of here." She said.

They walked out and went to get coffee. After, Brian started to walk Kayla home.

"No offense but I am glad that you aren't really getting through to Andie either." Brian said.

"Yeah, I guess we are both being ignored. We shouldn't feel bad. It seems like Andie is going through a lot."

They walked on for a few minutes in silence. Kayla trembled.

"That latte was loaded with caffine. I'm gonna be up all night."

"You asked for decaff." Brian said turning to look at her.

"They must have mixed it up. Look at my hand I'm shaking."

"You're shaking because you are cold." Brian said taking his jacket off and wrapping it around her shoulders.

Kayla smiled down at him from where she stood on a step.

******************************************************

Andie got her phone and called Brian. She left him a message.

"I am not mad at you Brian. It's just me. I'm sorry for how I have been acting but I am just going through so much and its hard right now. It's not your fault at all. Listen, I know this isn't fair to ask you right now but Invitationals are coming up and I really want you to be there. I'm sorry that we keep missing each other. I love you." Sighed and hung up.

******************************************************

*Meanwhile*

Brian looked up at Kayla smiling. Slowly and unsure at first, Brian moved up to kiss her. The kiss was fast and done with but after, they kissed again and longer.

*******************************************************

*Invitationals*

The meet had been going well for Andie. She was still nervous though. Only the top 6 of the meet were invited to Nationals.

She and Leslie stood side by side as they waited for their turn on beam.

Anita was up before them.

"Come on Anita you can do it." Andie yelled.

Anita jumped up onto the beam and went through the routine. David was watching very closely.

She bent backward and kicked up into a handstand. Coming up she moved into a flip flop but fell off the beam. She gave David a look. He was glaring upset.

Bitting her lip, Anita jumped up onto the beam.

Andie yelled her support but looked around the gym.

"Getting nervous?" Leslie asked her.

"No, I'm just looking for Brian."

"If I were you Andie, I would be a little more worried about your routine instead of your boyfriend."

Andie sighed. She turned back just intime to see Anita stick her dismount.

"Ok Leslie, You are next." David said.

Leslie nodded. Anita rubbed her stomach.

"Gosh it hurts so bad." She said bending over. "I can't get it to stop growling I'm so hungry."

Leslie turned to her.

"Get yourself together or something Andie. Get some water or something and get it together. I'm not your babysitter." She snapped.

Andie was slightly stunned. Leslie walked away and began to do her routine on beam.

Brian walked in and slipped into a seat next to Andie's parents. He waved at Andie. She smiled and waved back. She stepped out of her warm up suite ready for her turn after Leslie finished.

Soon, Leslie had complete her routine. She smiled satified with her score. Andie took a deep breath and stepped upto the beam.

Raising both arms above her head, she saluted the judges. Her eyes narrowing, Andie mounted the beam. She pulled all of her focus to what she was doing. She could feel that she was doing well through out her entire routine.

Andie danced along the beam ready for her dismount. She turned to face the opposite side of the beam The room was slightly swaying. Andie blinked trying to focus. She threw her body forward and tumbled down the beam for her dismount.

She stuck it and threw her arms up. The room was still out of forcus. She looked up at the scoreboard but could not make out what it said.

Suddenly, she fell forward, passing out.

********************************************************

Andie sat on the table in the back room with her parents, Brian and trainer.

"What happened what made her pass out?" Andie's mom asked still scared.

"That is what I am trying to find out." The trainer answered taking Andie's blood pressure.

"What did you have to eat today Andie?"

"A banana." She answered soflty.

"And that is not enough!" Her mom broke in.

"I'm sorry I was just nervous." Andie answered.

"Well, you have to eat lots of carbs before big meets like this." The trainer said.

Andie nodded and turned to Brian.

"Thank's for coming."

He smiled down at her.

"It was no big deal. But you scared me."

"I'm sorry."

Brian bent his head down and kissed her as David walked in.

"How does it feel to be on your way to Nationals!" David asked.

Andie shrieked.

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?"

"Yup, you made the top six with Leslie.

Andie screamed and hugged David.

She still could make the Olympic team.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3580