Finding a Place to Belong by AJsSweety
Summary: When she had first tryed to keep them safe it was only for their own good, but now she was trying to keep them safe from the man that had caused her the most pain. Can they finally be a family and survive what lays a head of them?
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Action, Angst, Drama, Suspense, Adventure, Supernatural
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 9124 Read: 7806 Published: 04/08/05 Updated: 04/12/05

1. Ch 1 by AJsSweety

2. Ch 2 by AJsSweety

3. Ch 3 by AJsSweety

4. Ch 4 by AJsSweety

5. Ch 5 by AJsSweety

6. Ch 6 by AJsSweety

7. Ch 7 by AJsSweety

Ch 1 by AJsSweety
Finding a Place to Belong
By Vicki © 2005


Emma stood looking out at the darkening sky; she could sense that something was terribly wrong. It was almost as if she could feel the change in peoples emotions and during a time of crisis she really could. The energy around the town that night was one of fear. She knew that meant she and her friends needed to move on yet again. Being found out wasn’t something they enjoyed and normally required that they’d move on before any of the town’s people could find them.

“ Sara are you ready?” Emma said walking into the large house.
“ Yeah, Daniel is almost ready. I can’t believe we’ve been found out again. How did it go wrong this time?” Sara asked. Sara was the oldest of the three being nearly ten years their senior. But it was as if Daniel and Emma where her younger siblings.
“ That was my fault.” Daniel said coming from his room carrying a bag.
“ What happened?”
“ I loved Amanda and I assumed showing her what I was wouldn’t change things. But it did.”
“ Daniel how many times have we told you not to do that.”
“ I know and I’ve learned my lesson big time.” Daniel said. Daniel was taller than the girls, standing nearly six foot six in height and having short dark hair. His dark eyes seemed to hold a secret of their own. And most times they did. Sara, the oldest stood nearly six foot in height, her shoulder length dusty blonde hair hid her own special gifts, her alabaster skin seemed to nearly glow, she’d always wear a dark shirt usually long sleeves to hide the glow of her light colored skin. Emma, her own long dark hair and jade colored eyes held the gaze of any man that looked towards her. Her own gifts held that secret and one that even Sara and Daniel didn’t completely know about.
“ I am ready. I hate having to leave all of this stuff behind again.”
“ I’ll have someone return to fetch it. But we must go now.” Sara said leading the other two out the door. Daniel took one more look at the large house and then followed the two women to the waiting car. Another town, yet another move. They’d been doing this for nearly ten years, since Sara was a teenager and since the other two were just children. Things never seemed to change, once people found out about their special abilities they seemed to want to exploit or kill them. Sara wasn’t taking any chances in this town and would move them once again. She’d found them a nice cabin in the woods of the Rocky Mountains, and knew that its secluded state would keep them safer. They’d only need to enter the town below long enough to get supplies.
“ Come on, that cabin awaits. I hate having to use it. But with the way everyone has been acting it looks as if we haven’t much choice.” Sara said as they drove away from the life they had led for nearly four years. They’d finally become happy but then someone messed it up, like they’d always done. The ride would be long and silent, but Emma knew they’d arrive at their destination safely.



Sara looked in the rear view mirror of the car and saw that Daniel had fallen asleep, she often thought of young Daniel as a little brother, his gifts had shown themselves early and when his birth parents noticed he wasn’t like normal children they discarded him. Daniel had arrived at her door, he was only five or six years of age. To young to be living on the streets alone, most kids with special gifts knew that Sara’s home was always open to them, day or night. She’d seen her fair share of children come and go from her three-story mansion. She knew that some day keeping special abilities from the general population was always hard. It was something that took a lot of concentration and a lot of courage. Sara often thought of herself as just a motherly type someone that helped others like herself. But when she had heard about things that had come on Television or in Movies she knew that soon people would believe that people with abilities would be found out, people who were like those depicted in movies and on TV would be shown to be true instead of something out of a fantasy.

“ Why must we always move?”
“ Because it’s safer. Emma you know that. You’ve been with me the longest, and you know that every time someone in a town finds out about us, the government wants to experiment on us. Do you really want that?”
“ Not really. But I was hoping that this time it would be different.”
“ Would have been, but we can’t hide the effects love has on ones heart.”
“ I know but it’s so hard with Daniel being so young.”
“ We are all young. Love will come into our lives at many times. But it is our goal to find the love that will understand who we are and what we are. Not to scare them away.” Sara said as she kept her eyes on the road. The weather had shifted, she looked towards the back to see that Daniel was sweating pretty badly.
“ We are going to have to stop for the night.”
“ Yeah I see the weather has changed.” Emma said looking towards the back. Daniel opened his eyes and smiled at his friends.
“ Sorry.” Daniel said quietly.
“ No need to be sorry, we are going to stay here for the night and head to the cabin in the morning. The weather will have calmed by then.” Sara said. Daniel nodded and looked outside to see the lightning flash across the sky.
“ This storm is caused by someone like us.” Daniel said.
“ Yes Daniel I know. But finding the young one will be hard. Let them seek us out.”
“ Good idea I think we’ve had enough excitement for a while.” Emma said as they pulled to a stop at the small inn. She could see it was pretty deserted and knew they’d be able to find a quiet room for the night. Sara went inside to get the room, telling the clerk that she was traveling cross-country with her brother and sister and they’d only need one room with two beds. Once the room had been paid for she parked the car outside the room and hurried the two younger people inside. The storm seemed to be getting worse.
“ This special child must be really angry.” Sara said as she closed the door. She could hear Daniel and Emma playfully arguing over, which bed would belong to whom. Shaking her head she sat down on one of the beds and smiled.
“ This one Emma and I shall share. Daniel gets the one closest to the bathroom.”
“ All right.” Emma said sitting down. Sara couldn’t believe that there was such a small age difference between the three of them. She knew that finding them was something that she’d always been destined to do, but keeping them safe was going to take all the power she had.


The sun seemed to stream threw the curtains, telling the three occupants of the room it was time to get up. Sara looked towards the clock and moaned.
“ Come on you two.” Sara said as she slid from the bed, grabbing her bag she headed into the bathroom for a quick shower. She could hear Emma yelling at Daniel to get up and get ready. Shaking her head she hurried to finish her shower before Emma blew up something in her anger. Stepping from the bathroom when she heard a loud bang.
“ Shit.” Sara said as she saw both Daniel and Emma cowering in a corner and three large armed men standing in the doorway. Waving her hands the three men flew backwards out the door.
“ Get up.” Sara said grabbing them. Daniel looked horrified as he stood to follow his older friend from the room. Emma closed her eyes and it was as if everything in the room seemed to disappear. Sara grabbed Emma’s arm and nearly tossed her into the large truck they were driving and tore out of the parking lot as quickly as she could.
“ Damn it.” Sara said slamming her hands against the steering wheel.
“ I didn’t do it.” Daniel said suddenly.
“ I am betting that the person at the front desk turned us in. We’ve had pictures plastered everywhere. Don’t worry, we should arrive at the cabin in a few hours.” Sara said shaking her head. She couldn’t get the uneasy feeling that someone knew their every move.
“ What if they find us there?” Emma asked, fear lacing her every word.
“ They wont.” Sara said as a small town came into view. She pulled into a used car lot and got out, both Emma and Daniel looked out the window as Sara spoke to a man and then gave him some money. Walking to the car she tapped on the window.
“ Get the things, we are getting a different car. Emma check everything for tracking devices.” Sara said as she walked towards the black Suburban that sat parked several feet away. Emma quickly checked their items and found nothing as Daniel proceeded to load everything into the waiting truck. Once inside Sara started the car and headed out of the lot.
“ How much?”
“ Six grand.” Sara said shrugging her shoulders. “ And an extra three to make sure the salesmen said nothing of us being there.”
“ Wow, I didn’t know you had that kind of money on you.” Daniel said.
“ You don’t know everything.” Sara said smiling at him. Daniel nodded and looked out the window once again, his concentration seemed to be on something else.
“ Keep the powers to a limit Daniel, we don’t need them finding us that way.” Sara warned.
“ I know, but this will keep them thinking we are going a different way.” He said. Sara nodded and kept her eyes on the road a head. She knew with in a few hours they’d be at her secluded cabin and they’d be safe. But for how long that was another of life’s big mysteries.
Ch 2 by AJsSweety
“ We lost them sir.”
“ Well find them. And bring them to me alive.”
“ The older one doesn’t seem to want that.”
“ I don’t care. I want all three and I want them alive. She’s been a thorn in my side for twenty years and I want her out of the way.”
“ Dead?”
“ I told you alive. She’s got a lot of powers I still haven’t tested, and now with the children it seems she’s taken in, they are as powerful as she is.”
“ Yes sir. We will bring them in.”
“ Good. Rogers out.” The phone went dead. The taller man looked towards the group that had assembled.
“ Ok, we’ve got to take some action here, if we don’t find them soon, Rogers will be experimenting on us. Lewis take a team and head north, Martin take a team and head south, I’ll take another team and head west. I know they’d never head east, they’ve come from there and know that we’ve got their house staked out.”
“ All right, but what happens when we find them? You saw what that one did to Smith.”
“ Yes I do, keep the tranquilizers on you. She will need to remain sedated upon capture.”
“ All right Matthews. But if she injures another one of my team I’m taking her out.”
“ And if you do that will be the end of your sorry life Lewis. Just do as your ordered and bring those three in alive.”
“ Yes sir.”
“ All right you’ve got your orders move out.” Matthews said as he climbed back into the black suburban. Finding the three people was going to be a challenge. But he’d found them before and he’d find them again.




Emma woke with a start, she looked around and saw that they were driving down a winding road.
“ Hey welcome back sleepyhead. We are nearly there.”
“ Are you sure the place is safe?”
“ Safest place in the entire Rockies. Believe me I’ve owned this house for years and I’ve never let anyone but my kids know where it is.”
“ Your kids?” Daniel asked from the backseat.
“ You and others like you. I consider all of you my kids, my family.”
“ Oh. Hey look at that place.” Daniel said pointing to the huge house that was slowly coming into view. Emma slid forward in her seat so she could look out the window better and gasped, the house was bigger than the one they’d lived in in Maine or the recent one they’d just left in Kentucky. The place was huge, she wondered how Sara could afford such things. And sooner or later she’d finally get around to asking her that very question.


As they placed their bags on the floor, it was as if Daniel had become a child again as he tore threw the large house checking out each and every room.
“ He will soon realize that this house has twelve bedrooms, eight bathrooms a pool a game room and a video room.” Sara said as she made her way up the stairs to her own room. Emma slowly followed behind trying to take in the large house and how her friend could afford such a thing.
“ I’ve had money. I was born into money.” Sara answered her. Emma stopped and looked at her friend.
“ How?”
“ How did I have money or how did I know what you were going to ask?”
“ Both.” Emma asked following Sara into the large master bedroom.
“ My family was rich. Unlike most special kids I wasn’t given away until my gifts became to much for my parents to handle on their own.”
“ Where did they send you?”
“ My grandfather. This was one of his country homes. He let me have it just before he passed a few years ago. I inherited most of the family money since I was the only child.”
“ Wow, I wish I had been that lucky.” Daniel said coming into the room.
“ In some ways you are. I always had a trust fund set up for all of the kids. You and Emma have been with me the longest so when you’re both old enough you both inherit about two million a piece.”
“ Oh my god you’re kidding right?” Emma said looking at her.
“ Nope. I always said I’d take care of all of you. And this is my way of fulfilling that promise.” Sara said watching the two wonder the room. Emma picked up a silver comb and mirror that matched.
“ You can have that. It was my mothers.” Sara said walking into the next room. Emma picked up the new gift and followed her older friend from the room. Sara pulled the curtains back in the room and a large four-post bed greeted Emma with a canopy over it. The bed looked as if it had stepped out of a fairy tale.
“ Wow.”
“ Your room.” Sara said leaving the room. Daniel followed behind her wondering what his room would look like. Sara walked into the room next to Emma’s and opened the huge golden curtains. The room looked as if it was to be inside a castle, one that a king would sleep in.
“ Mine?”
“ Yep. Put your things in the dresser and come downstairs for supper.” Sara said heading from the room. “ You too Emma.” She said before descending down the staircase to the lower part of the house. Moving around the living room she opened several of the closed curtains and opened the windows. She’d always loved the mountain air and wanted to air out the large house, as it hadn’t been used in a few years. She moved into the kitchen when a scream echoed threw the large house. Sara reached out her mind trying to find out who or what had entered the safety of the house. Someone seemed to be blocking her from finding them, finally she found Emma and Daniel. She wouldn’t let them have her children. Not this time, she swore to herself as she tore up the stairs to find Daniel unconscious on the hallway floor and Emma’s screams had suddenly stopped. Sara slowly entered the bedroom to find the room empty. Emma was gone and to the best of Sara’s knowledge there was only one way out of the large house besides going out a window. None of the windows had been broken, she wondered if Emma’s gifts had gotten the better of her or had Daniel accidentally scared his friend. She turned to see Emma emerging from the bathroom, her usually dark skin a pale white.
“ Where is that little prick.” Emma seethed.
“ Out cold in the hallway. We are going to have to start working on how the two of you will control those powers of yours.” Sara said looking back into the hall. Daniel now sat on the floor rubbing the knot that had formed at the back of his head.
“ Not before I get the chance to kill him.”
“ Now Emma, you know full well he’s still learning about his powers as are you. Let him be.” Sara warned as she turned her attention to the injured Daniel. Daniel looked up at her, his dark eyes looked that of a scared puppy.
“ I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me.”
“ Don’t worry. We are hidden from all those that can harm you and I will train the both of you starting tomorrow on how you can control your powers.”
“ All right.” Daniel said as Emma helped him stand. He still couldn’t look her in the face for fear he’d see the anger he knew was there.
“ What’s for dinner Sara?”
“ Not sure yet. Why don’t we go down and see what we have in the cupboards.” Sara said leading the two down the stairs. Emma and Daniel looked at each other for a short moment before the two lowered their eyes and followed their friend into the large kitchen. They could tell that the kitchen had recently been stocked by the fact that there wasn’t any dust on anything.
“ Ready for anything huh?” Emma asked.
“ Yep always. Go check the cupboards. See if there is anything either of you like in them. I am going to the study and do some research. I want to know who’s hunting us and why.”
“ Ok.” Daniel said heading for the first set of doors. He couldn’t believe the huge amount of cupboard space the house had. And how each had something in them, some had plates, bowls and even glasses. But what surprised him was the amount of food that was in the others.

Sara turned on the light and watched as the soft glow bathed the dark colored room. She opened the large red curtains and sat down at the desk, waiting for the state of the art computer to boot up she pulled several folders from a file cabinet near the desk.



“ Do we have any idea where they are?”
“ Her family had a cabin in the woods. But it’s so secluded we can’t get to it.”
“ And I am betting miss Sara has it very well guarded. She’s always been very good about keeping her children safe. She’s our biggest problem. But if we can get one of those kids out of the house we will have her.”
“ But the thing is, Sara has always had that house set up like a fortress. They will never have to leave, she’s got several trusted people that bring things to her as she needs them. They’ve got enough supplies to last several months.”
“ Then we wait. Those two kids will get cabin fever and want out. They won’t want to stay in there forever.”
“ Yes sir.”



Sara placed the folders on her desk and looked up as Daniel entered the room. He saw one folder had his picture on it.
“ Keeping records?”
“ In a way. I keep these so that if ever something happens, my processor can take over and know what’s going on.”
“ But you’ll never leave right?”
“ I will never leave unless I absolutely have to.” Sara promised him. Daniel nodded and headed back into the kitchen as he heard his name being called that his meal was ready. Sara opened the folder that had Daniel’s name on the front.
~~ Daniel St. John
Date of Birth: September 21, 1981
Place: Boston Mass.
Height: 6‘2“.
Weight: 175lbs
Eye color: Dark Green
Hair: Dark Brown, with Blonde Tips
Abilities: Shape shifting. Telekinesis, telepathy. Main ability: Shape Shifting
Subject has shown a great deal of ability to change his shape, especially in times of fear or anger. Daniel has been learning slowly to hone his talents and change his shape when he wishes rather than in times of high emotion. Further information to follow.
Ch 3 by AJsSweety
~~ Emma Jade Hunt
Date of Birth: August 21 1980
Place: Buffalo New York
Height: 5’10”
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Auburn
Abilities: Telepathy, Telekinesis.

Subject has shown a new power that is unnamable as she is shown the ability to fly. It is also shown that Emma to has to learn to control her emotions or her powers become out of control.


~~~ Sara Raven Wolf

Date of Birth: November 10, 1977
Place : Wisconsin
Eyes: Blue with gold edging
Hair: Auburn
Height: 6’1”
Abilities: Telekinesis, Telepathy, Shape Shifting, Mind Control, Ability to walk threw solid objects.

Subject has show several new powers that are still unknown to tester, further testing will need to be done.


Sara placed the folders inside the desk, they had been the folders she’d lifted from the government agency that had tried to capture her and the others years before. She hoped that they were the only files held on her and two of her children.


Emma walked down the darkened hallway towards the room where Sara had disappeared several hours before. She knew that Sara had been hard at work working on something new but she wasn’t sure what.
“ Sara?” Emma said unsure as she entered the room. Sara lay on the large leather couch that sat against the wall near the fireplace. Her eyes closed deep in thought Emma thought.
“ What is it Emma?” Sara asked not even opening her eyes.
“ Dinners been ready for hours. Aren’t you hungry?” Emma asked.
“ Not really. Did you and Daniel eat?” Sara asked sitting up.
“ Yeah we did. Daniel is outside exploring the grounds. I told him not to leave the site of the house. He promised he wouldn’t.”
“ The grounds are protected and we have sixty acres he can explore he’s more than welcome to do so.” Sara said as she slowly stood. She needed coffee bad and knew that with all that was going on her defenses would have to be at an all time high.
“ Really, ok.” Emma said, she wasn’t sure why Sara had been keeping the place such a big secret but she knew Sara well enough to know the older woman would finally tell them what was happening, why they always had to run.
“ I am going into the kitchen to get something to drink. Don’t touch anything in here if you wish to remain while I am gone.” Sara said to her as she turned and left the room. Emma stood for a moment and then headed towards the large oak desk that sat near a large window, the papers that Sara had been looking at earlier lay in a neat pile near a drawer, she knew that meant Sara had intended on putting them away. Picking up the top file she saw Daniel’s name on it, opening it she found that it was a full file on Daniels abilities and powers. She saw that there was another for her and one for Sara, she also noticed several files that Sara must have been going through that were setting on the desk. Several people of high government clearance. She noticed that several of the files were on people who were normal but seemed to want to do major harm to people like herself. Hearing the return of Sara she quickly placed everything back where it was and sat down in a chair.
“ Go find Daniel> Tell him that it’s late and we’ve been out all day. It’s time for bed.” Sara said sipping the hot coffee.
“ Ok yeah I noticed it was getting rather dark outside and wondered why he hasn’t returned yet.”
“ He’s fine just curious that’s all.” Sara said sitting back behind her desk. Emma nodded and headed from the room. Sara reached down and put the files she’d lay on the floor into the drawer and then began going threw the ones on the desk. She stopped at one, it was a tall man with dark hair and even darker eyes. His eyes held secrets that Sara was determined to find. She could see that there was something darker in his eyes, evil even.
“ Who’s he?” A voice asked.
“ Daniel. You nearly scared the life out of me, why are you hiding in there?”
“ It was getting cold outside so I came into the house threw the door right there.” He said pointing towards the door to Sara’s right.
“ Ok, well go find Emma, she’s gone looking for you, then get upstairs and get a shower and go to bed.”
“ I’m not a little kid anymore Sara.”
“ I know. But go do it anyways.” Sara said swatting him on the rear before he bolted from the room. Stopping in the doorway he turned and looked at her, Sara’s eyes and again rested on the picture of a man.
“ He’s evil you know that right?” Daniel asked. Sara looked up at him and nodded.
“ yes I do. And we are going to stay away from him at all costs.”
“ Ok. I’ve found Emma.” Daniel said as Emma came running down the hallway towards him.
“ Good, now get.”
“ Ok. Night.” Daniel said before he and Emma started up the stairs towards their rooms. Sara looked back at the picture and then stood and looked out the large window.
“ They will never be yours. I’ve sworn to protect them. And I will do so with my dying breath.” Sara proclaimed into the darkness.



“ Hide them from me but it wont last long Sara, I will have them.” the man said.
“ Matthew you can’t keep doing that, she will sense you’re out here.”
“ No she won’t. Sara’s range isn’t that good. She’s never going to leave that house. At least not yet.”
“ Yes we’ve already anticipated that. He wants them alive.”
“ I know he does and Samuels will have them alive. I have never disappointed him, and I will never.”
“ You’ve disappointed him by letting her escape when you tried to make her love you.”
“ She did love me. It wasn’t a trick or anything. Sara loved me.”
“ Sara was using your sorry ass and you knew it. But you were so love struck that you couldn’t face it. What of Daniel?”
“ Daniel is my concern.”
“ Sir what is Daniel and Emma to you?”
“ None of your concern.”
“ Sir.”
“ I said none of your concern. Leave now.” He growled.
“ Yes sir.” The other said leaving the small room. Matthew turned back towards the house in the distance.
“ You kept them from me for far to long Sara, telling others they were abandoned children.” Matthew said into the wind. He knew sooner or later Sara would sense him and move Emma and Daniel again, but this time at what cost.



Sara looked up when she thought she had heard a voice. Closing her eyes she concentrated on the surroundings but felt nothing.
“ Sara?”
“ Yes Daniel?” Sara said without opening her eyes.
“ Is everything all right?”
“ Yes Daniel. I just thought I heard something.”
“ I’ve felt a presence for a few hours now. Someone angry and evil. Someone bent on harming you.”
“ There is no one close enough to the house to even try that. Not to worry Daniel we are safe here.” She said looking at the younger man. Daniel was a handsome young man barely eighteen but what scared her was he looked so much like his father. A man that hated her and that she hated. Sara closed her eyes and let the past images flow threw her mind
Ch 4 by AJsSweety
** Flashback***


“ I love you Sara.” He whispered in her ear.
“ And I love you Matthew. I wish you’d understand that I can’t stay. It’s to much.”
“ But that would mean I’d never see Emma again.”
“ She’s never been yours to begin with, so why care now?” Sara asked looking into his dark eyes. Something inside of his eyes always made her nearly melt. She cared deeply for him but hated him the same. Something inside of her told her that he was wrong for her, and the child she carried. Something about him screamed death.
“ Please, let me be part of the child’s life. That child is as much mine as it is yours.”
“ More mine. Matthew please understand.” Sara said touching his face. He looked into her deep blue eyes and nodded. He knew keeping her there would mean her death as well as his own. She’d rather kill herself than be around him anymore. He knew that she was slowly beginning to see threw the wall he had put up to keep her thoughts from his own. The longer she stayed around the more she’d break threw the wall. Sara kissed his lips once more before taking little Emma’s hand and picking up the bag she had packed and headed towards the cab that waited. Sara turned one last time to look at him and then looked away.


** End Flashback ***

Sara knew that Daniel and Emma would never forgive her if they found out that she was their mother, she’d loved them like her own children and they felt that connection but would they ever find the truth out.

Daniel sat up suddenly in bed, his breathing coming in short gasps. Emma hurried into the room and pulled the smaller boy into her arms. She could feel he was shaking.
“ I felt my mother.” Daniel said looking at Emma. She had felt the same thing, had been feeling it more and more since they had arrived at the house. The house seemed so familiar to her when they arrived but decided it wasn’t best to question Sara when she was as agitated as she was.
“ It’s time we talk to Sara.” Emma said leading Daniel from the room. Sara knocked on the office door to find Sara sitting right where she had been earlier. Sara looked up at them, her eyes red and puffy from crying. She knew why they had come to her, it was time for her to face the truth. But in facing it would she lose the only two people that loved her?

“ Tell us who are parents are.” Daniel said sitting down across from her. Sara looked at him and then looked towards the floor.
“ It’s hard to explain.” Sara started.
“ Can’t be that hard. I don’t remember any thing of my parents.” Daniel said.
“ I barely remember anything and I do remember always seeing you.”
“ Emma, you are my daughter. I know that all this time I’ve told you that I was just your guardian but it’s not true, I had you when I was only 14 years old. I was only a child myself. And when I found out that you had gained some of my powers I knew I could never give you up.”
“ I knew we were close. Why didn’t you just tell me?” Emma asked, Sara could hear the betrayal in her voice.
“ It was safer this way. Matthew couldn’t find you if he thought you were just a child that had been left to me.”
“ And me? Was I just a child left to you?” Daniel asked, his voice laced with anger.
“ No, your mine and Matthews child. I feared what Matthew would do to you so I ran, I took Emma and left him.”
“ Were you ever married?”
“ No, Matthew is an evil man, he’s stalked us for many years and I’ve tried my best to keep you both safe, and keep those that have come to me safe. But he’s found some way to track us. I don’t know if he’s been drawn to you Daniel or if he’s just found my hiding places.” Sara said tears streaming down her ashen cheeks. Daniel was angry, she could see that in his dark eyes, she could almost see flashes of his powers seep threw his eyes. She knew that his emotions controlled most of his powers and angering him was going to make them far worse. Emma seemed calmer, almost as if she’d known for ages that Sara was her mother and not just a friend. But Daniel, he’d always been raised to think Sara was just his teacher and protector. Not that she was his birth mother, the person that gave him his powers the person that gave him life.
“ Why?” Daniel said suddenly.
“ Why what?”
“ Why the lies? Why all this time make us think that you’re just our protector our teacher?”
“ It was safer that way. When you were younger you were able to attend a regular school, I told them I was your guardian and they seemed to understand that at the schools but when your powers began to show I had to leave and take you both into hiding, I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time. But I felt it would destroy what we’d already made as a family. And as I see it has. And Matthew has won.” Sara said standing and leaving the two young adults standing. Not many questions answered and so many more to ask. If they had gained their powers from her, what else could she do, what other powers could they have that hadn’t yet developed. They needed to know this or they’d be lost to Matthew forever. Emma hurried out of the room and began looking for Sara, knowing many of Sara’s powers and her will to be left alone when she was upset she knew she needed to open her mind to find Sara’s now troubled one.
“ Help me find her.”
“ Why? She’s lied to us for most of our lives.” Daniel spat.
“ But she’s kept us safe. She’s always been around. And in some ways I’ve always known that we truly were a family.”
“ I don’t care. I hate her.” Daniel spat heading up the stairs and slamming his room door. Sara’s cries could be heard threw out the house as if they were coming from the walls themselves. Emma hurried to calm Daniel knowing that his emotions now effected Sara’s. If Sara wasn’t calmed whom ever was hunting them would surely find them.


Sara sat in the dark room, her own mind slipping between Daniel’s harsh words and her own betrayal of her own children. She knew that Matthew would surely find them now and with the pain she was feeling she knew she couldn’t protect them.
“ What have I done?” Sara asked into the darkness.
“ Finally admitted the truth.” Emma answered.
“ Yes but at what cost? The loss of both my children? Because I wanted to keep them safe?” Sara asked.
“ Sometimes you do what is needed when times are rough.”
“ I guess, but he hates me.” Sara said.
“ No mother I don’t.” Daniel said. “ I was just angry that you couldn’t admit this to us sooner. I don’t hate you.” He said moving into the dark room.
Ch 5 by AJsSweety
Sara slept uneasily that night, her dreams plagued with images of Emma and Daniel being ripped from her arms. Her eyes snapped open and a scream filled the room. Emma hurried into the room quickly followed by Daniel.
“ What’s wrong?” Daniel asked, his voice full of concern.
“ Nothing just a bad dream.” She said looking at them both. Emma wasn’t so sure, she figured that Sara had had another vision but didn’t want to pressure her for information. It wasn’t normal for Sara to have dreams that caused her to scream. This was something that Emma intended to find out more about. She’d remembered the times when she was very little and they lived in a small house. Daniel had just come to live with them. But what bothered her was she knew that Sara kept a small cabinet full of files. She wondered if she could get into the room and see them.
“ Emma.”
“ What?”
“ I saw those files your thinking about. They’ve been altered.”
“ How so?”
“ The birthdates don’t add up. If Sara was born in 1977 she would have been just a child when she had you. It’s not possible.”
“ Then Sara had them changed.”
“ They seem official. Maybe Sara isn’t our mother but our sister. Think about it. She’s always been there but I never remembered seeing a mother. I remember when I was old enough to know that things seemed strange. Sara was told young to be taking care of people like us. But she always seemed bent on keeping the three of us together.”
“ Now that makes sense.” Emma said. She wondered why Sara had lied to them yet again. She’d have to get to the bottom of this and find out if maybe Sara was hiding them for a reason.


Sara sat in the study looking at the files, as she flipped the pages she turned the files to the proper front page.


Sara Raven Wolf.
Our first subject is only 16 years old. She’s been with the center for about four years. She was brought in after a brutal attack had taken place in down town New York. After several months of recovery we found that Sara was the sister to a young child that had been brought in at the same time.
Emma Jade Hunt. We aren’t sure why they don’t carry the same name but it seems they changed their last name to keep themselves safe. We’ve also found evidence to say that Sara at a young age gave birth a baby boy. That baby was brought to us a few months before Sara and Emma’s appearance. When the two were reunited Sara cried for hours thinking that the young boy had been dead. We find that the boys given name is Daniel St. John. After much testing we’ve found that all three carry a great deal of power and with that can never be returned to the outside world. As a safety to the regular population Emma, Sara and young Daniel will become permanent residents of our facility. Dr. Matthew Shaw seems to have taken a great interest in young Sara and has shown that she’s not particularly fond of him, finding him almost revolting at times. As a result Dr. Shaw has been reassigned to another part of the center to do other research.

** End File**

Sara placed the file back into the desk and knew that there were several more files that followed that one, depicting each and every power all three of them had. She had already lied to Emma and Daniel saying she was the mother to them both. If they’d thought they would have known it was almost impossible for her to have done such a thing since she was only a few years older than Emma was. But it had been true that she was the mother to Daniel. A young mother in fact. She had been raped by the very person the center had promised would never come near her. She’d always had a feeling of anger towards Matthew and if the center had ever found out he had found them before their entrance into the center who knows what would have been done. Sara looked up when she felt the presence of Emma standing in the doorway.
“ Come in.”
“ Thanks.” Emma said walking into the room and sitting down across from her.
“ So what are you doing up so late?” Sara asked, her voice stern yet kind.
“ Couldn’t sleep. Things you had told us earlier just didn’t make sense so I got to thinking that maybe you’ve lied to us again.” Emma said.
“ About you being my daughter yes. That part was a lie. We are siblings. I am only a few years older than you are Emma. But as for Daniel. That wasn’t a lie. He is my son, but I was so young when I had him I was still a child myself. “
“ How much a child?”
“ I was barely thirteen when I had Daniel. That’s why the ages don’t make sense. Matthew the man that hunts us for the center is the reason Daniel is alive. He caught me in an alley way one night after he’d been drinking and raped me. I was young and so unsure of my powers back then that I wasn’t able to fight him off, you were just a kid then, it scared you. I was surprised that you had any memories at all after that. You seemed to shut down. When we arrived in the center months later, Daniel had already been taken there right after I had given birth. His powers were very powerful from birth but sense he couldn’t control them they took him for testing. We were taken there within a month.” Sara said, new tears streaming down her face. Daniel stood silently outside the room, he had listened to everything they had said. He was her son, but he was loved by her and her alone as a man that now hunted them had made him from anger. His powers given in a moment of rage. But rage was what fueled his powers now, what made him stronger. His own anger towards the man that had hurt his mother, and made her lie to them for so long.

“ Sara why didn’t you just tell us that?”
“ I was scared. I had been hiding it for so long I wasn’t sure if I could tell anyone.” Sara admitted.
“ So the files that Daniel found were fake?”
“ Totally. They were files I had made up to replace the ones that the center originally had. The original files don’t even have our birthdates on them. All they have is a physical discription of each of us and what powers we have. I never meant for Daniel to find those. And now I wish he hadn’t.” Sara admitted.
Ch 6 by AJsSweety
“ He’s angry. But things aren’t the way they should be.”
“ This wasn’t something I had wanted to keep from you. I’ve always wanted to tell you that you’re family and that Daniel is my son. But I felt it was safer that he didn’t know. I am not sure what to do now. If Daniel knows that I’ve lied yet again that will end his trust with me.”
“ He’ll understand.”
“ I’m not so sure.” Sara said looking back out the window away from Emma.



Matthew smiled and shook his head, he could feel her distress and anger.
“ You’ve told them.” He whispered. A smile play across his face as he thought of the anger that would be going threw their minds. The fear they’d have if she’d been lying again.


Sara sighed and walked into her bedroom and closed and locked the door. She needed time alone and locking the door would assure her that time. She could hear Emma talking to Daniel in the far room. His own crying heard clearly as if he was just in the room. He felt betrayed, she could feel that anger and knew that he’d never understand why she lied. Reaching for the phone she quickly dialed a number.
“ When?” The person that had answered the phone asked.
“ Tomorrow.”
“ Are you coming alone?”
“ If it will save them yes.”
“ We will leave them alone if you come alone.”
“ Then tomorrow at noon. Near the town hall.”
“ Tell no one.”
“ I never do.” Sara said hanging up. She could hear Emma trying to calm Daniel as he made his way down the hallway towards her room. Holding her hand up she put up and invisible barrier that Daniel would never be able to enter.
“ Let me in Mother.” Daniel spat. He said the words as if they were poison on his tongue.
“ Just leave Daniel. I understand you’re anger.” Sara said trying to reason with the angry teen.
“ No, you will once and for all tell me the truth.”
“ In my study there are some files. You will find a tape still sitting on the desk. All the answers you seek are in those files and that tape. I hope you find what your looking for.” Sara said before sinking down into the bed. She could hear Emma and Daniel hurry down the hallway away from her room. Letting down her defenses she allowed herself to drift into a dream filled sleep.
Ch 7 by AJsSweety
Daniel entered the dark room and hurried to find the lamp that he knew was on the edge of the desk, turning it on he quickly located the files and the tape. He placed the audio tape in the recorder and turned it on. Sara’s voice suddenly filled the room.


**
Day One . It seems today I’ve seen my only son for the first time in nearly three weeks. He seems to have grown a lot and seems to understand that I am his mother, but as he ages I wonder if he will even know who I am. Matthew has seen to it that I’ve been kept hidden from Emma so that the people here at the center can test her. Matthew knows that at the first chance I get I am getting out of here. But will he help me I doubt it. He seems perfectly content with keeping me to himself. Emma’s powers have grown, she’s already injured nearly six of the workers here and I can hear her voice clearly as she screams my name. This is the first voice journal I will be doing. Matthew has seen fit to allow me that much.

** Day three.
Matthew has been here so much I haven’t been able to keep this journal in nearly two days. I am sore, it seems that since I am here in the dark part of the center he finds ways to keep himself occupied. Problem is I am that thing. I feel like nothing more than something that he needs to use for his pleasure. Today I feel as if I can just find a dark enough and deep enough hole I will crawl into it and die. My body can’t take much more. But I stay alive because of Emma and Daniel. No matter what I have to get them out of here. I can hardly believe I’ve just turned seventeen. I’ve been in this hell hole for nearly five years.
** Day 65
It seems that Matthew has been reassigned. Daniel and Emma have been returned to my care and we’ve been given a separate wing. Thing is. Daniel thinks I am his friend not his mother. How to tell a seven year old that I am his mother. Emma seems more confused than ever, her powers are out of control because her emotions are so unstable. I’ve calmed her as best I can. I’ve made friends with one of the doctors and he’s found a way to sneak us out during one of the shift changes. So this will be my last entry. I am hoping anyway.


Emma looked at the tape player and then up at Daniel, his eyes seemed to be filled with tears.
“ She endured so much.” He said quietly.
“ All to keep us both safe. We’ve been so bad to her over the last year, with our moving so much.”
“ I’ve been the worst. After I had found out that she’d been keeping things from me. I had assumed that meant that she had more secrets and those were worse than the first.”
“ You never gave her a chance to explain, neither of us did.”
“ I wasn’t sure why I bothered to even try. I really need to talk to Sara. I guess we’ve both been very mean to her.” Daniel said heading up the stairs. He stopped just outside Sara’s room and could hear her soft snoring he figured that she had finally drifted off into a deep sleep. He hoped that her dreams were not bad ones. He touched the door and then turned and walked back towards his room.


Sara waited until she had heard Emma and Daniel enter their rooms before she turned back on her light. She quickly packed some things knowing she’d have to be gone long before they both woke the next morning. She took a look in on Emma first, her younger sister a child that was thought to be normal that wasn’t. Daniel her son, the child that came from anger proved to be the only thing that kept her sane. Now she was leaving them both turning herself over to the center so they’d be able to live a life of freedom. Turning she hurried back into her room and closed the door. Suddenly she was being pinned to the wall, a large hand over her mouth.
“ Hello Sara.” He hissed in her ear. Sara stiffed as she felt the knife press against her throat. He moved his hand and shoved her away from him.
“ Matthew.” Sara growled as she stood ready for a fight.
“ Now, now Sara, do you want those two lovely children hurt?” Matthew said. He pulled her room door open to reveal two men now holding Daniel and Emma. The room crackled the with electricity as she felt her anger boil.
“ I wouldn’t.” Matthew said as Emma cried out in pain.
“ Release them Matthew. I told the center I was turning myself in. They’ve promised me that they’d not hurt Emma and Daniel.”
“ Doesn’t work that way. You three are my ticket to my own freedom.” Matthew said as he nodded at the two men, Sara watched as both Emma and Daniel slumped unconscious to the floor.
“ What did you do to them?”
“ Just gave them something to relax.” Matthew said looking into her eyes.
“ You shouldn’t even be here. This place is out of the centers range and my own powers protect it.”
“ And your powers are tied to your emotions and your emotions are all out of control.” Matthew said touching her face. Sara backed away from him and looked at the now two unconscious people before her.
“ What happens now?”
“ We run some tests. I want to know how Daniel gained powers especially since I am human.”
“ What am I am not? I was born human Matthew. I was not born on some distant planet or even brought here by mistake I am human just like you. He just gained my powers. What are you jealous?” Sara hissed.
“ Not really, I feel people like you should be kept in cages and studied not allowed to be walking around the general public where you can do harm.”
“ We’ve never hurt anyone and you fucking well know it. Remember Matthew, I’ve had the ability to destroy you since I sensed you several hours ago. I chose not to because of the safety of the two you’ve now so kindly brought into your little war. Can’t you just leave me alone? You’ve done enough to me.” Sara shouted, the room seemed to explode with light and electricity, her own gifts getting the better of her as she lifted Matthew off the ground and held him high above her.
“ Release me Sara or they die.” Matthew laughed, Sara turned her eyes towards Emma and Daniel and sighed. Lowering Matthew she sat down, knowing that Emma and Daniel were the only reason he had any control over her.
“ Good girl, I always knew the ways to keep you under control.”
“ Screw you.” Sara hissed.
“ Maybe later my dear, it has been a long time.”
“ I’d rather die.”
“ That can be arranged.” Matthew growled as he grabbed her hair and kissed her harshly. Sara shoved him away from her and Matthew laughed.
“ Just like old times. I will break that spirit again. No doubt about that. Boys bring those two in here and keep watch outside.”
“ Yes sir.” One of the men said as he pulled Daniel into the room and deposited him on the floor hard, followed by Emma joining them.
“ And don’t you dare try leaving. I’ve got an army surrounding this place. So believe me when I say, they’ve been ordered to shoot to kill.” Matthew said pulling the door closed. Sara whipped her eyes before sitting down on the bed to wait for Emma and Daniel to awaken.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4038