Untitled by babybunny
Summary: Kat and her best friend Tierja meet 2 really amazing guys. What do you think happens when the girls find out who they really are, and one of their family members doesn't like them? I need help with a title! If you think you can help me, Let me know!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Kevin
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 9248 Read: 7630 Published: 04/26/05 Updated: 04/26/05

1. Chapter 1: ...And it Starts by babybunny

2. Chapter 2: First Date? by babybunny

3. Chapter 3: The Lovely Morning After by babybunny

4. Chatper 4: The Start of a New Life? by babybunny

5. Chapter 5: To Stay or To Go? by babybunny

Chapter 1: ...And it Starts by babybunny
Katrina opened her eyes, unable to focus. It was 9am and she was out all night partying with her best friend. It was a late. She stared up at her ceiling remembering what happened, smiling.

*Flashback*

“Kat come on! We’re waiting on you!” Katrina’s friend, Tierja, called up the stairs. Growling under her breath, she awaited Kat’s answer.
“I’m almost ready!” Kat called back. In her room, she was finishing her makeup and deciding on what to do with her hair. She put her contacts into her piercing blue eyes and put some black eye-liner on. She was wearing her favorite halter-top that was decorated like a bandana. She wore her black pants that were fit just for her petite 5’4” body. She had light blue Timberlands to match her shirt. She decided to throw her hair up in a clip, so it didn’t get in the way while she danced. Little strands hung down around her eyes.

Thumping down the steps, she could see Tierja with her arms crossed and her right foot tapping on the floor, impatiently. Tierja wore a cute gray top to bring out her stormy blue eyes and black pants as well.

“Finally!” Tierja exclaimed. Kat threw her arms around Tierja, knowing Tierja was annoyed with her because they were running late. To Kat it was so great to see her best friend. Tierja had hair that changed color monthly, but it usually stayed in normal colors like blonde and brown. She had her nose, eyebrow and tongue pierced. She was gorgeous and Kat was jealous. Kat on the other hand had her eyebrow and tongue done. She had gone with Tierja that day.

“Okay, okay. You win. It’s good to see you too, Katty,” Tierja sighed, knowing she couldn’t stay mad at her best friend.
“Let’s go get out groove thang on,” Kat giggled, grabbing her sweater and opening the door to her penthouse apartment. They thumped down the stairs to the main door and popped it open, bouncing to Tierja’s car.
“I want to take your car,” Tierja said.
“Why?” Kat asked.
“Well, look at your car and then look at mine,” Tierja said.
Kat glanced at her dark blue Celica and then looked at Tierja’s Jetta.
“I’m getting a new car this month,” Tierja smiled.
“Okay fine, we’ll take my car,” Kat said. She dug for her keys in her purse and pulled them out, deactivating the alarm. They got in and buckled. Kat started her engine and started to bump up “Most Girls” by Pink. Kat lit up a cigarette as Tierja reached for hers and took Kat’s lighter. The sunroof was open and their windows were open about 4 inches. The girls sang along as Kat’s car hummed down the street.

Within 20 minutes, they arrived at the club. They were pumped up and ready to go. The girls popped some gum into their mouth and Kat smiled at the bodyguard. He was a family friend so they got to enter in through the back without having to wait in line.

“I love having friends in high places,” Kat smiled with a sigh. Tierja laughed and shoved her as they reached the back door. Knocking with her fist, a bigger body guard who Kat called Tiny came to the door.

“What do you want?” He asked her, knowing exactly who she was.
“My friend and I would like to come in,” Kat said.
“No,” Tiny replied.
“What? Why?” Kat asked.
“Because I don’t want to see your face tonight,” Tiny replied, holding back a smile.
“Fuck you Tiny. Let us in please,” Kat said, getting slightly annoyed.
“Where’s my hug and kiss?” Tiny asked.
Kat smiled. “I’m sorry honey.” She wrapped her arms around his big body and gave him a kiss on his cheek while hugging him tightly. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around him.

“Come right in,” he smiled. He held the door open for Tierja and she followed Tiny. Kat, who was looking at Tierja, winked and gave her thumbs up. Tiny put Kat down at the entrance to the VIP section.

“Tiny, we need passes,” Kat said, batting her eyelashes. It was almost like she was flirting with him. Tierja rolled her eyes, but knew that if Kat wasn’t how she was that they wouldn’t have everything they have. Tiny pulled two passes out of his pocket and put it around both of their necks. Kat smiled and kissed him on his cheek and they walked into the VIP lounge. Kat shook her butt a little bit as she walked over to the bar. Smiling at the bartender, he handed her a coke.

“We just got here and already you’re drinking,” Tierja said.
“It’s not alcoholic, Tier, calm down,” Kat said, putting the coke up to her nose. Kat heard her song coming on through the speakers of the main club. Grabbing Tier, she handed the bartender her soda and they skipped out to the dance floor. Kat put her hands up in the air as her favorite song played over the speakers. It was a reggaeton remix, so it made her even happier. It was “Tempted to Touch” by Rupee. Kat closed her eyes and smiled as she danced to the music playing. She danced to the beat and as she was dancing, she felt a pair of hands on her waist. She could feel a guy get close to her and she could feel his waist against her butt. Tierja was in front of her, dancing with another guy. Kat looked at her, which usually means that the other is asking if the guy is hot. Tierja’s eyes widened and she nodded heavily. Kat smiled and wrapped her arms around the back of his neck as he danced in back of her. She could feel a beard.

I don’t like beards, but I think I’ll get over it, Kat thought to herself.

She circled her hips and he followed her rhythm. The song changed to “Turn Me On” by Kevin Lyttle and Kat smiled again. She turned around to face the guy she was dancing with. She was speechless. He was absolutely gorgeous! He had chocolate brown eyes and short curly hair. His heard looked shaped up, but good for his face. He was muscular, but thin and maybe about 5’9”. He smiled at her, and she smiled back, wrapping her arms around his neck as their hips grinded together. She grinded against him very closely and he held her waist. She did her favorite body wave move and his jaw dropped and he smiled at the same time. She did the same and continued to dance. Before she knew it, there was another man behind her. She turned her head to look and it was an older guy, obviously drunk.

“Get off me!” she yelled at him.
“Come on baby! Let’s dance! Shake that ass for me!” he replied back. Kat looked over towards the wall. Tiny was there. She waved him over as the guy she was originally dancing with stopped dancing and looked as if he was getting mad.
“Didn’t you hear her? She doesn’t want to dance with you, asshole!” he growled. The drunk guy flipped him off. Chocolate Eyes shoved the drunk and Tiny ran over to separate them.
“You! Out! Now!” Tiny yelled at Chocolate eyes.
“No! Tiny, he didn’t do anything! He was trying to get that drunk fuck off of me!” Kat exclaimed.
“Kat, I’m sorry but he can’t stay here. He pushed that guy,” Tiny said, sincerely. Kat growled and stormed off into the VIP lounge to get her purse.

She saw Chocolate eyes standing outside smoking a cigarette. She pushed the door to the club open and she joined him, lighting up her own cigarette.
“I’m sorry,” Kat said, exhaling.
“Don’t be. It’s okay. I was in there for a few hours already,” he said with a shrug.
“My name is Katrina,” she said, putting her cigarette in her mouth and sticking out her right hand.
“AJ,” he replied with a smile, taking her hand.

There was a spark that went through the both of them, and it was not a static shock. When they let go, she took a drag of her cigarette and grabbed it with her hand.

“Where is your friend?” AJ asked, breaking the silence.

He felt it too, she thought to herself.

“Tierja? Probably still inside, confused as to where I went. I’ll be back. Please don’t leave,” Kat said. AJ nodded his head and Kat went inside, first going to the VIP lounge to see if Tierja was there. She was sitting in the VIP lounge with the guy she was dancing with. She noticed that he was very broad, tall, dark and handsome.

“Hey Kat!” Tierja smiled.
“Hey girl. AJ and I are outside. Tiny kicked him out, so we’re either going to leave or just sit outside. If anything we’ll take a drive to a restaurant or something. Just call my cellular when you want a ride,” Kat replied.
“Okay!” Tierja smiled. She got up and hugged her best friend.
“Who is he? He’s hot!” Kat whispered into her ear.
“His name is Kevin,” Tierja smiled.
“Have fun, but be careful,” Kat smiled, letting go of her friend.
“I will,” Tierja smiled.
Kat waved to Kevin. “Bye!”
Chapter 2: First Date? by babybunny
Kat left the club and met AJ back outside. He was sitting on the curb, hands linked together and staring up at the clear night sky.

“You ready?” Kat asked.
“Where are we going?” AJ asked.
“Anywhere. Let’s just go,” Kat smiled. She helped him up and they walked over to her car.
“Nice car,” AJ smiled, running his fingertips along the side.
“Thank you,” Kat smiled. She deactivated the alarm and unlocked the doors. AJ opened the door and got in. She started the car and it hummed. Clicking the radio on, she buckled her seatbelt and looked at AJ. He was buckled in, so she put the car in reverse, pulled out of the parking spot and put it back into drive. She steered out of the parking lot and headed towards a McDonalds that was still open at 1am.

“You don’t mind McDonalds, do you?” she asked.
He gave her a blank stare. “Wow. No, I love McDonalds.”

She doesn’t even know who I am. Maybe that’s a good thing, he thought.

“Good,” she smiled. They exited the car and she activated the alarm on it. They entered McDonalds and stood in line before ordering.
“Can I get a #3, quarter pounder with cheese and a large iced tea with no lemon and a large coke?”AJ asked. “What do you want?”
“Chicken Selects and a medium Coke,” Kat replied. AJ pulled out his wallet and put a $10 on the counter.
“Oh you don’t have to do that,” Kat said, feeling bad.
“Sure I do,” AJ said.
“Why?” Kat asked.
“Because you’re beautiful,” AJ said, putting a hand on her waist and kissing her cheek.
“Shut up,” Kat said, feeling her ears become hot and her face turn dark red.
“What? It’s true,” he said.
Kat grabbed her food and drink with a grin and went to a table. AJ followed behind her. He sat across from her and opened up his burger and took a bite.

“So if you don’t mind me asking,” he said before taking a sip of his iced tea. “How old are you?”
“I’m 23,” she replied nonchalantly.
“Cool, I’m 25,” he replied.
“Old fart,” Kat mumbled with a grin as she took a bite of one of her Chicken Selects. AJ took a fry and tossed it at her. She giggled, picked it up and put it into her mouth.

“Hey! I wanted that fry!” he exclaimed.
“Well if you wanted it, you shouldn’t have thrown it at me,” she grinned. He made a pout face and crossed his arms.
“I wanted that one!” he pouted.
“Awwww,” she cooed. She took one of her own fries and handed it to him. “Want this one?”
“No!” he refused. She got up and sat in the same booth as him and he turned his face away from her. He was grinning and he didn’t want her to see it. She slithered her arm around his waist and gently kissed his neck.

“Don’t do that,” he shuddered, slightly scooting away from him.
“Sorry. I’m too short to reach your cheek,” she said. She sat herself up more and reached over, kissing him on his cheek. “Are you done pouting?”
“Yes,” he grinned. She lightly hit him on the arm and walked back over to her side of the table.

They were finished eating and they got back into Kat’s car. Kat had decided that she was going to head back to the club to see if Tierja was still there. She wasn’t sure, so she just parked.

“Well what do you want to do now? It’s 2:15 in the morning,” Kat asked, looking at AJ.
“I don’t know. You wanna go back to your place and watch movies? I’m not tired at all! I’m so wired,” he said.
“Sure,” She smiled. She pulled out of the parking lot and drove back to her cute little apartment.

She got back to her apartment and they got out of the car. She activated the alarm and pulled her keys out of her purse. The lock was being a pain in the ass.

“I gotta get this thing fixed,” she mumbled. Finally it opened. She opened the door and stepped inside. AJ closed the door behind him as Kat walked up the stairs. He followed her and noticed her ass in his face. Grinning, he pinched it.

“Ah! Hey! That’s my ass you just pinched!” She exclaimed.
“I know. I like it,” he grinned.
“Welcome to my humble abode,” she said.
“Wow! Nice place!” AJ said.

He admired everything about the place. The walls were two different colors. Top half was white, bottom half was dark blue. In the middle that separated the two colors was a thin silver strip. Her furniture was all mahogany, and everything blended together. She had two levels which consisted of the main area that they were in and then there was the upstairs where the bedrooms were.

“Thanks,” she smiled. “It’s comfortable, so that’s enough for me.”
He walked towards the living room and looked around. “Give me a tour?”
“Sure,” she smiled. She stretched out her arm to expose her hand to him. He smiled and took it as their fingers interlocked together. She walked towards the kitchen and showed him. It wasn’t a huge kitchen, but it was comfortable. There was a doorway that led to a hallway. Every room was connected but there was one main hallway that you could enter and exit out of. The farthest room to the back was really just a sitting room that had a little studio connected to it. There was a huge window that had a view of Los Angeles. The studio was soundproof, so Kat could bang and bang and no one would hear anything.

“That’s my house,” she replied, walking down the hall way with him.
“What about your room?” he grinned.
“Very funny, but you’re not ready for that yet,” she smiled. “But that was a nice try.”
“Thanks. I thought it up all night,” he grinned. She laughed and rolled her eyes, leading him back into the living room. They took their shoes off and sat down on the couch. The couch was one of her favorite things in the house. It was so comfortable. She flipped on the TV and started to channel surf until something caught their attention.

“You want to watch a DVD?” she asked.
“Sure. What do you have?” he asked. She got up off the couch and pulled out the drawer filled with DVDs. He knelt beside her and looked through them.
“This!” he exclaimed with a smile. He held “Without a Paddle” in his hands. She took the DVD case from him, opened it, took out the DVD and put it into the DVD player. They walked back to the couch and sat down and she turned the TV to the DVD channel. She hit play and the movie started.

Within an hour of the movie, Kat’s intercom went off. Sighing, she got up and hit the talk button.
“What do you want at 3:30 in the morning?” she asked, annoyed.
“Kat open up!” Tierja’s voice called through the intercom.
“Are you okay?” Kat asked.
“Kat just please open up! It’s an emergency!” Tierja exclaimed.
“Coming!” Kat exclaimed. She was worried now. She trotted down the stairs and opened the door for Tierja. It was pouring rain outside.
“What happened?” Kat asked.
“Kevin and I were sitting in the club and talking and we decided to leave. It was pouring rain and his car wouldn’t start. He left his lights on and so the battery was dead. My cell phone died and I didn’t know where else to go,” Tierja said, feeling as if she was going to cry.
“Come in, come in,” Kat said, letting them inside. “I’ll find you both clothes. Take your shoes and socks off by the door.” She ran back up the stairs and told AJ to pause the movie. She ran upstairs into her bedroom and pulled out PJs for Tierja. She wasn’t sure what she could find for Kevin, so she grabbed her ex-boyfriends jersey, boxers and found her own pair of South One sweats. She came back downstairs and handed them the clothing. They both went to change.
“Hey! I don’t want any hanky panky in my bathroom!” Kat exclaimed.
“Shut up KitKat!” Tier called in a sing-song voice that trailed through the hallway.

Within a minute or two, they came back out.
“Hang your wet clothes over the bathtub to let them dry. I’ll throw them into the washing machine in the morning,” Kat said. She sat back down on the couch and snuggled up next to AJ.
“Waddup dawg,” Kevin said to AJ, reaching out to give him dap.
“Sup,” he said.
“Oh you know each other. Ha, silly me,” Kat said, being sarcastic.
“Yeah. We’ve known each other for about 12 years now,” Kevin replied.
“Damn!” Kat and Tierja said in unison. The boys smiled and Kevin sat down, getting comfortable in the love seat.

“What are you watching?” Tierja asked.
“Without a Paddle. It’s close to being over though. When it ends, I am going to sleep,” Kat said.
“Yeah, I’m getting sleepy,” AJ replied.

Five minutes later, Kat glanced at Kevin and Tierja, and they were asleep. Kevin was laying on the love seat in a sitting position, however he was laying on the loveseat, and Tierja was laying on top of him with her head on his shoulder. They were peaceful.

“Come on,” Kat whispered, shutting off the movie. She took AJ’s hand and they walked up stairs. It was about 4am and when he entered her room, he walked to her bed and collapsed.
“You want something to sleep in?” she asked. “I probably have another pair of sweats you can borrow.”
“Sure. Thanks babe,” AJ replied. She dug through her dresser and found another pair of South One sweat pants. She tossed them at him and grabbed her PJs. They were cute. They were blue with white bunnies on it.
“Cute,” he said to her as she came out of her bathroom. He was already under the covers. She smiled and crawled into bed and under her covers. She noticed that he had no shirt on. She couldn’t help but look him up and down.

Damn…he’s sexy, she thought to herself, pulling her eyes away from his body.

AJ laid flat with his right hand behind his head. The other was underneath the covers, hand in hand with Kat. She turned to rest on her elbow, facing him. He did the same to face her. With their free hands they played with each others hands before they finally linked them.

“I don’t know what it is, Kat,” he said, looking into her eyes.
“You feel it too?” She asked. He nodded his head.
“I’ve never felt so strongly about someone when I just met them. Not only that, I never though you would even talk to me!” he said.
“What do you mean?” She asked.
“Well, when I went to dance with you, it took me time to actually get the nerve to do it. Usually I’ll go up to a chick and dance with her, but with you it was different. I was actually shy. Kevin was telling me to go. He proved that it would have been easy by going to dance with Tierja. I was shy, and that’s really unusual. I thought you were going to turn around and slap me,” he said, his face turning pink.
“I hadn’t even seen you. I’m glad you came to dance with me though,” she smiled.
“Me too,” he replied. He slightly leaned in closer to her. “Katrina?”
“Yes?” she replied.
“Can I kiss you?” he asked.

Oh my god! Finally! I’ve been waiting all damn night! She thought.

She lowered her head to look down at the bed and she bit her bottom lip. He took his finger and lifted her chin to look at him. He had his eyebrows raised a little bit as if to ask her again. She gave him a small smile. He leaned in closer and lightly kissed her lips. They shared a sweet kiss. He deepened it by pulling her closer to him and linking their legs together. He laid her down on her beck, still kissing her. She found herself wrapping her arms around his neck.

All they did was kiss. Within a few minutes, it ended. They knew it was going to get too heavy for them.

“Does this mean I am going to be seeing you again?” Kat asked.
“Definitely,” he replied. He kissed her one more time before rolling onto his back. She cuddled closer to him.
“Goodnight,” she said.
“Night baby,” he replied. He kissed the top of her head before shutting his eyes and slowly they drifted to sleep.
Chapter 3: The Lovely Morning After by babybunny
*Present*

Kat looked over and saw him. He looked so peaceful. She didn’t want to wake him, so she slowly crept out of bed and into her bathroom.

Locking the door, she stripped down and got into the shower.

Within 15 minutes she was finished. Wrapping herself in her towel, she snuck out into her bedroom and grabbed come clothes from her dresser. She walked back into her bathroom, dropped the towel and got dressed. She decided to wear her jean shorts and a light blue tank top. She threw her hair up in a clip and went downstairs, closing her bedroom door behind her.

She came down the stairs only to find Tierja in her kitchen and Kevin still asleep on the couch.

“Morning,” Kat said in a slight whisper.
“Morning,” Tierja replied. They greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek.
“What are you making?” Kat asked.
“Pancakes,” Tierja smiled.
“I didn’t know I had the stuff for it, but hey. I never make my own food, so it’s whatever,” Kat laughed, trying to be quiet.
“So tell me what happened when we fell asleep,” Tierja whispered.
“Nothing really happened. We just both agreed that there is something there for us and we ended up making out for a few minutes before we went to sleep,” Kat grinned.
“Aww! That’s cute!” Tierja smiled.
“What about you?” Kat asked.
“The same thing with us. Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean,” Tierja smiled.
“It looks like now we finally have honeys,” Kat smiled.
“Yes you do,” AJ said as he came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. His hair was a mess and he had marks from where he slept all over his chest and face.
“Morning sleepyhead,” Kat smiled, walking over to him and giving him a quick kiss. “There are towels in the closet across from my room if you want to take a shower. I’ll throw yours, Kevins and Tierja’s clothes into the wash before you put them back in. Actually, Tier, you have clothes here from when you stay the night. Just go upstairs to my room if you want them. There are three bathrooms. One in my room, one on the second floor and one on this floor,” Kat explained.
“Okay,” AJ nodded. "You want to come with me?" She raised her eyebrows at him and laughed. Laighing, he kissed her and walked back into the living room, throwing a pillow at Kevin before trotting up the stairs. AJ jumped into the shower.

Kevin woke up and came into the kitchen, greeting Tierja by wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and kissing her neck.
“Good morning baby,” she smiled.
“Morning,” he replied.
“I just gave the shower speech, it’s your turn Tier,” Kat giggled as she took over the pancakes for her.
“There are towels in the closet downstairs. You can shower down here and Kat will throw clothes in the wash on EXPRESS so they’ll clean quicker,” Tier said to him. He nodded his head and left to the bathroom downstairs. He jumped into the shower.

Within half an hour, the pancakes were done. There were a ton stacked up, warm, and ready to be eaten. The boys were out of the shower and were seated at Kat’s kitchen table. Tierja poured them some orange juice and put 3 pancakes on everyone’s plate.

“Thank you for this, girls,” Kevin said.
“Oh it’s no problem. My door is always open if you guys need a place to stay for a few days or whatever,” Kat smiled, cutting a piece of pancake and putting it into her mouth.
“I’ll keep that in mind,” AJ said, with a slight grin and looking at her from the corner of his eye. She nudged him with her leg and continued to eat.
“I usually don’t cook, so if you end up staying here, expect to have a lot of delivery or going out,” Kat said, taking a tip of her orange juice.
AJ leaned over to her, kissed her on the cheek and whispered to her, “I don’t care, as long as I can spend time with you.”
She blushed and continued to eat.

They were finished eating and Kat gave AJ and Kevin toothbrushes so they could brush teeth. Tierja had one there at her house already.
Kat grabbed her pack of cigarettes, took one and her lighter out of it and went outside onto her balcony. There were a couple of chairs there, so she sat in one and put her feet up on the railing. She sparked up her cigarette and just stared out the scenery. The balcony was an add-on from the room where you could see a view of Los Angeles. She took a drag and then exhaled. Tierja came out onto the balcony with the same idea she had had.

“You okay?” Tierja asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” Kat lied.
“You’re lying. You know I know you better than that, Kitty,” Tierja said.
“Yeah you do. I just got some stuff on my mind, that’s all,” Kat shrugged.
“Like what?” Tierja asked.
“Well, what if AJ and Kevin are just passing through? What if we never see them again?” Kat asked.
“Don’t say that, Katrina. Kevin told me that they live in LA. They are in some music group or whatever, so they’re not around much, but we’re allowed to go with them if we wanted to,” Tierja said to her, putting her arm around her best friend.
Kat rested her head on Tierja’s shoulder. “I couldn’t stand being away from AJ.”
“Honey, you just met him,” Tierja said.
“I know. It’s weird and awkward and way too soon, but I feel something really strong there. I don’t know what it is, but there is something very strong there,” Kat said.
“I know how you feel,” Tierja sighed, resting her head on top of Kat’s.
“You feel it with Kevin?” Kat asked.
“Yeah, I just don’t know if he feels the same way,” Tierja said.
“Are we in love with them, Tier?” Kat asked.
“You can’t ask me that, hun. I don’t know. I know I am starting to fall for Kevin,” Tierja said with a sigh.
“I don’t want to be in love. I’m scared to be in love because of Brian,” Kat said, feeling as if she could cry. Tierja lifted her head off of Kats head and made her look at her.
“Don’t let Brian ruin your life. That’s done and over. He fucked you over, yes, but you’re stronger now. He made you stronger. It’s kind of like that damn Britney Spears’ song. Be in love. Don’t be afraid to be in love, Katrina. Do you hear me?” Tier said. Kat nodded her head and finished her cigarette off.
“I think you should talk to Kevin, and I’m going to talk to AJ. I mean I feel like we’ve known them forever and we’ve been dating them for so long,” Kat said, ashing out her cigarette into the ashtray.
“Not yet. Give it some time. See if you and AJ are really compatible,” Tierja said.
“Yeah,” Kat nodded. She kissed her best friend on the cheek and got up, walking inside. AJ was sitting on the couch watching TV, so Kat joined him, leaning against him. He kissed her on the top of the head and wrapped his arm around her. She kissed his arm and filled the spaces between his fingers with her own. It felt so right to her. She had never felt so safe in her life.

The four of them spent the day just lounging around, not really doing anything but joking around, watching movies and snacking on the crap that Kat had in her house.

“Let’s go swimming,” AJ said to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her.
“Well you don’t have a bathing suit,” Kat said.
AJ just grinned at her.
“AJ! No way!” Kat laughed. Tierja and Kevin went out to dinner, so it was just the two of them.
“So then let’s go take a walk around town,” AJ suggested to her. She smiled and he took her hand. Grabbing her sweater and keys, they left the house. Their hands locked together as they began to walk around. They reached a park that Kat liked to go to sometimes to think that was right by the beach. They walked through it and walked straight out to the pier to watch the water and the sky. It was a gorgeous clear night.

“I think we need to talk,” AJ said as he faced her and took her hands in his.
Oh God. He’s going to tell me that he never wants to see me again. He has a girlfriend. He doesn’t want me like this, she thought in a panic.
“What about?” Kat asked, trying to hide the worry in her voice.
“About this thing we have. What happened and everything,” AJ said.
Oh shit here it comes, Kat thought.
“What do you mean?” Kat asked.
“Katrina, I’m AJ McLean of the Backstreet Boys. We leave to start our club tour soon. I mean it’s only a couple of weeks, but I am not going to be here,” he said to her.
“You’re who?” She asked as if she hadn’t heard him correctly.
“Alexander James McLean,” he replied.
“I knew I knew you from somewhere. I have some things to tell you, too. Let’s go back to my house,” Kat smiled.
AJ McLean. Wow. I’m in love with AJ McLean! She thought to herself with a smile.

Arriving back to her house, Kat unlocked the door and they walked in. They went up the steps and then went into her work office. In it was a computer and a bunch of bookshelves. She turned her computer on and let it load.

“Now, what I am about to show you is something that is top secret. Nobody has all of this, except me. I knew who you were, and so did Tierja. We tried to play it off because we wanted to get to know you on a personal level as you, not the Backstreet Boy,” Kat said. AJ pulled up a chair next to her.
“Close your eyes,” she said. He shut his chocolate eyes and Kat opened up her music player. She clicked a song and it started to play.
“Washed away my sad face…you flooded all my empty space…You take away life’s heart break…And I know with you it’s going to be okay…”
“How the hell do you have that?!” AJ asked, astonished.
“My friend sent me files. He’s friends with Howie’s cousin. I have some other files from your new album. No one has them, and only Tierja has heard them,” Kat said to him, playing him another song.
“Kat, will you come with us?” AJ asked.
“Where?” Kat asked.
“Come on tour with us. This club tour, but this world tour too,” AJ said.
“I’d love to,” she smiled. He smiled at her, brought her closer to him and kissed her.
“We do need to talk. I think we need to talk about us and get to know each other better,” AJ said.
“I agree,” she replied. They kissed again.
Chatper 4: The Start of a New Life? by babybunny
A couple days went by and the two of them, plus Tierja and Kevin all got to know each other. But now it was time for Kevin and AJ to leave for their club tour. The girls were packing to leave. The Backstreet Boys had interviews to go to before they started their club tour and so the girls couldn’t get to them until March 21 when they were in New York. AJ had sent a limo to Kat’s house to get them and take them to the airport.

“I can’t believe we’re going to New York!” Tierja smiled.
“I know, me too!” Kat said. They threw their arms around each other.

Seconds later, they heard a car horn. The limo was outside and waiting. They grabbed their things that they knew they would need for the carry-on and dragged their luggage down the stairs. The chauffer picked up their bags and put them in the trunk of the limo.

Arriving at LAX, the girls checked in and found the gate number that they were at. Their plane was just boarding. They were boarding last because they were in first-class.

“Man, AJ really didn’t have to do all of this,” Kat said as she admired first-class.
“Yes he did. He loves you,” Tierja said.
“We don’t know that, Tier. Don’t go saying that,” Kat said. Tier shrugged and put on her headphones. Kat did the same but pulled out her paper and pen and started to write.

Six hours later, the plane landed in Newark airport. They didn’t land in JFK or LaGuardia because it was too crowded and they didn’t have direct flights. The girls got up out of their seats and right through the terminal. They went to baggage claim and got their things. There was a man standing with their names written on a sign for them.

“That’s us,” Tierja said to the man. He tilted his hat to them and snapped for someone to help them with their bags. Their bags were taken from them and they were led to the limo that was waiting outside for them. Their luggage was put into the trunk and the door was held open for them. Tierja got in and then Kat followed her.

Hanging from the ceiling there was a note from Kevin and AJ.

Hello our beautiful ladies.
Right now you’re probably wondering where you’re going, huh? Well you’re being taken directly to the hotel where you have an hour to shower up and dress and whatever you please. But you have an hour. We put you in the nicest suite in the hotel. We miss you and hope you are enjoying yourself thus far. After an hour has passed, be waiting in the lobby for your driver to come in and get you. Go with him.
We’ll see you later.
Kevin & AJ


The girls smiled and couldn’t wait to see their boys. They held each others hands as the limo started driving off to the hotel. They were staying, they guessed, in the same hotel as the guys were.
Half an hour later, their limo stopped. They had arrived. Their luggage was taken from the limo and they were directed inside. Everyone was taken care of. They were handed keys to their room and they went towards the elevator. Their room was on the 14th floor, which they didn’t 100% like, but they knew they would deal with it because they figured that the boys were on the same floor. Their suite was the last one at the end of the hall. It had two floors to it with two bathrooms.

As soon as they entered their suite, the girls threw their suitcases on the bed and picked out clothes to wear and grabbed their shower stuff.

“I’ll take the top bathroom,” Kat said. Tierja nodded and walked towards the bathroom. Kat walked upstairs and into the bathroom.

Within half an hour, both girls were out of their showers and getting dressed. Tierja wore her favorite blue-gray shirt with her blue jeans and boots. She was just applying a little bit of makeup and fussing with her hair.

“Leave it down,” Kat suggested with a smile.
“You think so?” Tierja asked, looking in the mirror.
“Yes,” Kat smiled. She picked up her favorite black top and her favorite jeans with her black timberlands. She applied a little bit of makeup and threw her hair up in a clip. She made it a half ponytail. Her hair was dark blonde and really long.

There was a knock at their door. Kat raised an eyebrow and walked to the door, opening it. It was the bellboy asking them if they were ready to go. The girls nodded and grabbed their jackets. It was cold out in New York. They got into the elevator to go to the lobby and then out to the limo.

“I wonder where we’re going,” Kat said.
“Well, I guess we’re going to one of their interviews,” Tierja said. “It’s too early for a show.”
“That’s true,” Kat said.

Within a couple of minutes, they had arrived wherever they were meeting the boys.
“The empire state building? Why are we here?” Tierja asked.
“We’ll find out soon enough,” Kat said. They were escorted inside. They could see a line of girls at the bottom of the building, so they knew their boys were there, but didn’t know why.
“What’s going on?” Kat asked one of the frantic girls.
“THE BACKSTREET BOYS!” the girl screamed. Kat’s eyes widened and followed Tierja inside.
“Apparently our boys are in here,” she whispered to Tierja. Tierja smiled at her and they walked inside. They were led to the elevator and taken to the top floor. There was a sign at the top that said Z100 on it. The girls were right. The boys were doing an interview. The guard handed them passes and then he opened the door.

“Someone is here,” they heard a guy say. The girls quietly walked to the back where they were pointed to go.
“Oh my god!” AJ exclaimed. He got up out of his seat and ran over to Kat, hugging her tightly. Kevin did the same.

“Two girls just walked in. Presumably they are friends of AJ and Kevin,” a chubby blonde guy with headphones said. Kat and AJs lips pressed together.
“Scratch the friends thing,” the DJ said. The girls were led by their boys to sit down with them. AJ linked his hand with Kat’s and Kevin did the same.
Silence.
“And who are these lovely ladies?” the DJ with a name tag that said “Cubby” on it asked.
“These are the two most amazing girls in the world,” AJ said, kissing Kat on the cheek.
“This is my girl Tierja,” Kevin said, putting an arm around Tierja and holding her hand with his free hand.
“And this is my baby Katrina,” AJ said with a smile. The girls could feel their faces turning red.
“It’s nice to meet you girls. My name is Paul “Cubby” Bryant. I’m a ZJ here at Z100. I’ve been here for about 20 minutes with the boys just doing some questions and whatnot,” he said, shaking their hands.
“Hi. It’s nice to meet you too,” Kat smiled.
“The same,” Tierja said.
“Kevin your girl is so full of words,” Cubby cracked. The crowd of girls laughed.
“Kevin and I just want to say one thing. We don’t want our fans bashing on these girls. They’re the sweetest and kindest girls you could ever meet. We’ve only been seeing them for a week or two, but we can already say that they mean the world to us. Please, just show respect to them. They love you just as much as we do, and we hope you’ll accept them,” AJ said.
“We don’t think you will bash on them, but we just want to be careful. We were scared to bring them here and keep them secret, but we wanted to be honest with our fans,” Kevin said. The girls clapped their hands and cheered. One of the girls was raising their hand, calling out to Cubby.
“Hang on, I think someone has a question,” he said. He called the girl over and she got up and walked over to Cubby.
“Hey girls, hey guys! I just wanted to say that you both are so beautiful. You’re lucky to have such great guys. I think I can speak for a lot of girls in here when I say that they’re welcomed by your fans. Welcome to the land of Backstreet,” the girl smiled. Every girl in the room cheered and clapped. Kat and Tierja smiled, got up and hugged the girl.
“Thank you,” the girls said in unison. Kat sat back down and leaned against AJ and he wrapped an arm around her, kissing her forehead. The fans cooed.

The interview ended and the boys signed some autographs. One of the girls who looked about 16 years old came over to Kat and Tierja and asked for their autographs as well. The boys waved to their fans and left the building, exiting through the back.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” Kevin said, kissing Tierja.
“I am too. I missed you so much,” Tierja smiled.
“We’ve got to talk,” AJ whispered into Kat’s ear before kissing her neck.
“Okay,” she replied.
Chapter 5: To Stay or To Go? by babybunny
They all arrived at the hotel. The boys had some time before they had to go to sound check for the show that night, so they decided to spend it together at the hotel. AJ and Kat wandered off from everyone. They only had about an hour, so AJ knew that it was not enough time for them to talk and get everything out, so he made sure to talk to her that night after the show.

They all decided to get there early so they could all just relax at the club. AJ kept Kat close by him at all times. She didn’t mind it, so she didn’t complain.

It was time for them to do their sound check. Kat and Tierja just sat in the back by the bars of the club, sipping on Pepsi while listening to them.

“I never knew they were so good,” Tierja said.
Kat was hypnotized by AJ’s voice. “I know.”
“Your man is pretty damn good,” Tierja smiled.
Kat just sighed happily. She was completely lost in AJ. His voice captured her like nothing had ever captured her before. He stared at her as he sang words to the song.

God she’s beautiful, he thought to himself.

She smiled and watched him singing, and he could feel his heart banging against his chest.

Slowly she could feel the world freezing around just the two of him as he sang, staring into her eyes.

The sound check ended and they all went back to a restaurant near by to grab some food before the show. They were seated in the back so they could all eat peacefully. The boys loved their fans to the fullest, but there were those times that they wanted to eat in peace or have some time to themselves.

“So are you guys excited about the show tonight?” Kat asked.
“Hell yeah! I love performing. If I don’t perform, I am basically climbing the walls and pulling my hair out. I love it,” AJ replied, putting an arm around his girl.

Dinner ended and it was about time that they all had to get ready to go to the club to practice one more time. By the time the concert was to start, they knew they would all be relaxed and ready to go.

The concert had been going on for about an hour and they were breaking into their love ballads. Tierja and Kat were both in the front of the crowd. Every so often, AJ would kneel in front of her, grab her hand and kiss it, or sing romantic lines to her, put his hand to his heart and sing to her, etc. when they were singing their ballads. Kevin would do the same for Tierja. He even danced in front of her.

As the introduction to I’ll Never Break Your Heart came through the speakers, Kat and Tierja gripped each others hands. Kevin and AJ looked at each other as they all harmonized and grinned. They walked over to Tierja and Kat and grabbed their hands. They pulled them onto stage. Hugging her close and dancing with her, AJ sang into Kat’s ear and Kevin did the same, holding his girl close to him. The girls’ hearts were soaring through the club, beating faster than ever. They knew they got good guys this time around.

The song ended and Kevin waved for the band to stop playing.

“What’s up New York!” Kevin called out. He gripped onto Tierja’s hand. Fans cheered and screamed.
“Kevin, the guys, and I all just want to thank you for all of your support over the past 12 years. Without you, we’d be nothing!” AJ screamed out, holding Kat close to him. “We just hope you will continue to be so supportive as Kevin and I embark in new relationships with these two beautiful ladies here on stage with us.”
“This is Tierja,” Kevin said, kissing her on her temple.
“And this lovely lady is my Katrina,” AJ said, kissing her on her neck. The fans went silent.
Tierja and Kat let go of their men and walked to the front of the stage, smiled and waved ecstatically. Fans screamed.

The concert ended and Tierja and Kat were escorted backstage to where the boys were leaving to go to their vans. AJ extended his hand to Kat and she grabbed it, running to his van with him. Tierja did the same with Kevin. As soon as the doors closed in the van, Kevin rolled down the window to wave to his fans. Once they left the area, Kevin rolled up the window and brought Tierja close to him. He kissed her deeply.

Once they arrived at the hotel, AJ grabbed Kat’s hand and ran into the back entry of the hotel and scurried to AJ’s room. Earlier, AJ had said he wanted to talk to Kat so she figured it was time. Although it irked her, she let him take his time.

Meanwhile, Tierja and Kevin were sitting at the café. They were talking and laughing as if they had known one another for years. It wasn’t anywhere near that. However, there was an instant connection between the two of them.

“How did you like the show?” Kevin asked.
“I loved it!” Tierja smiled. Kevin put an arm around her and kissed her temple.
“Yeah, you know you liked the little bit that AJ and I did for you,” Kevin smiled.
If only you do shit like that in private, she giggled to herself.

~*~*~*~

Back in AJ’s room, they were outside on the porch smoking a cigarette and talking.

“Katrina. There’s something I have to tell you,” AJ said.
“It better not be that you’re gay!” she exclaimed.
“Hell no! But seriously, I do have something to talk to you about,” he said.
“What is it?” she asked him.
“About us,” he said, flicking his cigarette.
“Okay,” she said.
AJ sat on the cement and faced her, tugging at her shirt for her to sit in front of him.
“Baby, all of this is so new and so quick for me. I mean, I meet you not too long ago and, I mean, I will be honest. I don’t usually call girls back or date them too seriously due to touring. But Katrina, there is something about you,” he said. He was going to continue talking, but he was interrupted by his cell phone.

“Damn it!” he grunted. He got up and answered it.
“Hey sweetie!” Denise’s voice rang through the phone.
“Hey ma!” AJ said with a big smile on his face.
Aww! He gets so cute about his mother calling! AJ smiled. AJ held his index finger up to Kat as if he was saying “one minute” to her.
“Alex? What is this I am hearing about a new girlfriend?” Denise asked.
“Yeah! Mom you will love her!” AJ smiled.
“Alex what did I tell you about those random girls you meet at clubs?” Denise asked.
“No mom - this one is different. She’s kind of straight-edge,” AJ said.
“Just be careful, sweetheart,” Denise said. “I don’t want another Sarah.”
“I am,” AJ said.

They exchanged their I love you’s and hung up. However, seconds later, AJ’s phone rang again.
“Yes mother?” he asked, trying to be a smartass.
“Open the door!” Denise said.

AJ hung up his phone and walked towards the door. He looked through the peep hole and saw his mother with a big smile on her face.
“Mom!” AJ exclaimed, throwing his arms around her.
“Hey sweetpea!” she smiled, returning his embrace.

Kat emerged from the balcony, standing in the glass doorway. She had her hair hanging around her shoulders and she was wearing her South Pole Sweats and a black t-shirt.

“Oh! Mama, this is Katrina. Kat, this is my mom, Denise,” AJ said, introducing the two.
“Hi,” Denise said, only half interested.
“Hello,” Kat said with a small smile. “I think I am just going to go.”
“No! Stay!” AJ said, holding onto her waist.
“Nah. You and your mother have a lot to catch up on. I’m just going to go lay down or something,” Kat said. She pecked his lips. “It was nice meeting you.”
“You too,” Denise said, completely uninterested.

Kat walked out of AJ’s room and went down the hall to her room. She put the key in and as soon as she opened the door, she closed it. She had walked in on Tierja and Kevin.

God, I can’t even go to my own room. Now where am I going to go? She asked herself.

She decided to go out the back where the pool was. She sparked a cigarette and tossed her lighter on the table beside her. She could hear two people arguing in windows a couple floors above her.

“Why do you have to be like that ma?” AJ asked.
“I don’t trust her,” Denise said nonchalantly.
“You don’t even know her!” AJ exclaimed.
“I don’t have to know her,” Denise shrugged.
“Ma,” AJ said.
“Forget it Alex. I want her to go home,” Denise said.
“No! You need to leave!” AJ growled.

Well I think I need to leave, Kat thought with pain in her heart.

She got up and began walking towards the lobby from the pool.

“Ma! I love her!” AJ screamed at his mother.
“You don’t even know her, Alex,” Denise said to him.
“I know her enough to know that I love her mom,” AJ protested. He put his hands to his head and took a deep breath.
“Can you please leave?” AJ asked. Denise nodded her head and left AJ’s suite.

Kat was just wandering around the hotel before she got fed up with annoyance. She got upstairs and barged into her room.

“Sorry to interrupt, but don’t you think you could do this in your own room, Kevin?” she asked. The two nodded and left. Kat grabbed her suitcase and started to pack her things to go home.
“I don’t belong here,” she said.

An hour had passed and Kat had fallen asleep on her bed. She was done packing and she had laid down to watch TV. When she woke up it was just about 7am. She grabbed a piece of the hotel stationary and wrote AJ a note.

My Dearest AJ,
I am sorry to say that I have decided that it was my time to leave. Your mother doesn’t like me and I over heart you two talking from the pool. I think I should just go home. I’m catching a 12:00 flight back to California from JFK to LAX. I’m so sorry baby. It’s just too awkward now. I don’t think I fit in well, so I am just going home.
See you when you get home!