The Best Day Of My Life by Stephanie
Summary: Everyone is now welcomed to join one of the best days that I've ever had. The day that I met Nick Carter.
Categories: Non-Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Fantasy
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 924 Read: 27202 Published: 07/18/03 Updated: 07/18/03

1. The Best Day Of My Life by Stephanie

The Best Day Of My Life by Stephanie
A/N- I decided to post this because I was satisfied with the way that I wrote it. This was written as a journal assignment for my creative writing class. We were supposed to describe a moment of our day using as much details as possible and focusing on the five sences.

I chose the one moment in my life that I will never forget. I'm content with the way that it turned out, please read and review.

The toughest thing for a writer is to maintain the vigor and fertility of his imagination" ~Ernest Hemingway

Chose any event or moment of your day. Write about it in vivid detail. Concentrate on the five senses. What did you hear, see, smell, taste, feel?
~*~
With the faint taste of iced tea still in my mouth, I waited. It had been years in the making, this moment was. I could hear the excitement emminating from everyone around me. I wasn't alone, my friend was by my side, her mixture of excitement, fear and nervousness was plainly displayed upon her face. I'm sure I appeared the same way, everyone in the room did. Music from the newly released "Now Or Never" was playing loudly and there was a loud buzz of excitement in the mixture of the sound. The flashes of light were an indication that we were closer to our desired destination. I could feel my plams becoming sweaty as I tightly clutched my camera. Running my fingers over the cool plastic, I felt my heart beginning to race. Knowing it's power to capture images helped to assure me that this was in fact real and I would have my proof.

I could still smell the sweet scent of my vanilla perfume. I checked over my clothes to make sure that everything was okay. My light pink shirt with the chinese symbol for love on it hung loosely from my body. I looked down at my light denim jeans which were covered in glitter. The legs were a little too long so I rolled them up just enough so my white Sketchers with the rinestones on the side were visable. My leather jacket was tied gentally around my waist and my hair was pulled back neatly into a pony-tail which I then clipped to my head.

Nervously, my hands went to my ears and I began playing with my earrings. It's a habit I have either when I'm bored or nervious, I play with my earrings. We finally arrived at the stairs. We were almost there. My friend lost her cool and screamed. I followed her down the stairs, it took everything I had to remain calm. When we reached the bottom of the stairs, we were asked to wait on another line. The excitement of knowing that I was only moments away from achieveing a dream that I have been following for the past five years was beginning to take its tole on me. I was no longer sure how I was going to react.

My excitement had the power to have an impact on my better judgement. I didn't want to make a fool of myself so I continued to struggle to remain clam. I was quite successful in doing so. Finally, the moment of truth had arrived. A dream was about to come true. I went through a lot to get to the point in which I was standing. Everything leading up to this moment was well worth it. Though I wish the wait had been a little shorter. That didn't matter any more because the wait was over. There was only a few people in front of me now. This was it. My heart was beating faster than it had ever done before. I was holding my CD tightly in my hand. Finally, it was my moment. I walked up to where all this waiting had brought me.

All my time and effort had brought me the chance to meet Nick Carter. My hands were shaking, though I did everything to hide that. I handed him my CD jacket and he gladly signed it for me. I was in complete shock. Though I was able to give him this letter I had written which detailed the past five years in my life and what exactly his music had done for me. He took it and thanked me. I still was in total shock though this man was sitting right in front of me.

I asked for a hug. He granted me my wish. I was in more shock at that moment than I had been the whole night. Then when I asked for a picture, security was telling me that I had to keep the line moving. So I did as they asked, but not before snapping an up close picture of the man that I had been dying to meet for so long. Once I was outside the ever popular Virgin Mega Store in Times Square New York, tears of joy began to gentally roll down my cheeks. My friend was crying too. I can still feel the warmth of the tears as they rolled down my cheeks. It took us a few minutes to recover, about twenty actually. When our ride arrived to take us home, our excitement was still fresh and powerful. This was going to be a night that would stay with me forever and I would definately have a story to tell my friends in the morning.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=427