Best of You by Beautiful_Letdown
Summary: By the time it was realized it was too late. There was one way out of it. At least one way he?d except.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence, Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1124 Read: 405 Published: 07/06/05 Updated: 07/06/05

1. One by Beautiful_Letdown

One by Beautiful_Letdown
A/N: If it goes fast sorry. Only way I'll know is if you review. Vist my site -) too

~Chapter One~
~I’ve got another confession to make
I’m your fool
Everyone’s got their chains to break
Holdin’ you~

It started off fun. They had seventeen member of their crew. Seven were well known and wanted more than others. His older brother Robert “Bone” McLean proudly led the gang. They started with Bone, TJ, Big G, Malcolm, Falzim, and the other twelve guys including him.

Bone was a guy of muscle. Handsome with a slick hair cut. He carried a machine gun over one shoulder and a large knife near his leg. His brother came first always. Tattoos covered his arm but the biggest was of the eagle with a knife in its mouth with bone across the blade.

~Were you born to resist or be abused?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you? ~

The ghetto of that small town had the records of the most horrific crimes. If you were under the age of eighteen, you either knew or you were somebody they were hunting for recruits. If you weren’t in a gang, you weren’t protected. Gangs ruled the small city of Ghetensburg, Ohio.

~Are you gone and onto someone new?
I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn’t have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can’t choose
I swear I’ll never give in
I refuse~

AJ McLean took another drag from the cigarette as he lounged back in his chair as his brother yelled viciously at a young female who couldn’t be but 22. He ran his hand across her face and AJ felt himself slightly flinch.

“I thought we don’t touch women Robert.” He said with a raised eyebrow.

“This is not a women,” Robert said and she screamed as he cocked the gun, “This is a whore.” He blew a whole right in the center of her head and sirens wailed in the distance. AJ sat up and looked at his brother dropping the cigarette.

“Shit!” he growled, “Dammit!”

“Police!” a door was kicked down.

“Kill them!” Robert yelled and gun fire was exchanged from other gang members. Robert grabbed his little brother and ran out a secret back door down into the floor.

“Where are we going?” AJ hissed.

“Where we won’t get caught J now just run forward.”
After several minutes they stopped running after coming toward a door. There was a latter. AJ took instinctive and climbed. He popped his head out quickly surveying the surroundings.

“Go.” A hiss from the darkness said and he climbed out. Robert soon appeared and he walked over toward a waiting red SUV with the engine running. Robert took the front seat while AJ took the back.

~Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must
Confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?~

“Why’d you kill her Robert?” he asked breaking a long silence, “Why’d you kill Roxy? She was your girl.”

“She was sleeping with Big G man. Don’t worry bout it.” He said nonchalantly. Robert heard his cell phone ring and he flipped it open.

“Everybody’s dead man.” A panicked voice on the other end said, “Help me man.”

“Big G?” Robert said more than asked with a little smile,
“Look behind you.” He said and he soon heard a gun shot and more yelling. Questions were asked form the police of why they were turning on each others but then a hot pursuit was in for the recent murderer. Robert then looked down at the cell phone and turned it off. He tossed it out the window of the SUV into the street and starred forward.

~Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
The life, the love
You die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts
You trust, you must
Confess~

“Robert, I’m scared man.” Robert turned around quickly.

“Stop acting like a pussy J. You ain’t scared man.
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?

“Where are we going?”

~I’ve got another confession my friend
I’m no fool
I’m getting tired of starting again
Somewhere new~

“Outta here.”

“I quit.”

“What?!” Robert yelled, “Where the fuck is your head man?”

“I can’t do it anymore Bro. It’s not fun anymore. I can’t kill any more people. I can’t be respected by fear. I can’t run for life. I can’t always have to look over my shoulder.”

“Shut the fuck up! You listen to me man. You listen good cause I want you to hear every fucking word I’m saying. You ain’t quitting!”

“I can’t live like this Robert. You don’t understand.”

~Were you born to resist or be abused?
I swear I’ll never give in
I refuse~

“Where the fuck are you getting this shit from man. You watched some Kid show that said you can be whatever fucking thing you wanted to be when you grew up or something?” he asked, “Lies man, fucking lies. Born into the streets, forever on the streets man. Way life is.”

“Than there’s one more way out…for me.”

“There’s no way out.” Robert growled as the SUV was yanked and his head slammed against the window. A spiral break was in the glass as the vehicle came to an abrupt stop by crashing into several police cars.

~Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must
Confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Oh... ~

“Yes there is.” AJ whispered putting the gun to his head and closing his eyes.

“Come out with your hands up!”

“Goodbye Robert…”

The world was gone. His world was dead.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4442