He Didn't Have To Be by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: A little girl loves her new Daddies more than anything, and is finally starting to adjust to her new family. An excerpt from Backstreet 2010.



Copy & paste the following link into your broswer:
http://bed-head.net/fanfic

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Kevin, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: Slash M/M
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 12117 Read: 15429 Published: 01/03/06 Updated: 01/18/06

1. He Didn't Have To Be by LenniluvsBrian

2. Apple Of Your Daddy's Eyes by LenniluvsBrian

3. But You Love Me Daddy by LenniluvsBrian

4. Butterfly Kisses by LenniluvsBrian

5. Daddy by LenniluvsBrian

6. Daddy's Girl by LenniluvsBrian

7. Daddy's Hands by LenniluvsBrian

8. Daddy's Little Girl by LenniluvsBrian

He Didn't Have To Be by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey y'all! Just thought this fic up yesterday, when Brad Paisley sang He Didn't Have To Be on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB. This first song - He Didn't Have To Be belongs to Brad Paisley. Thank-you. Note: Some of the words in the song have been changed by me to fit in with my story. Also, Krissy is Kevin's child - they'd a surogate mother.
I met the men I call my daddies when I was eight years old... And then all of a sudden, oh it seemed so strange to me. How I went from somthing's missing to a family.

"Ashlynn! C'mon, Honey!" Kevin called, holding his hand out for her. They were going to the park with her other new Daddy and her little sister.

Ashlynn smiled and ran for him, quickly grabbing hold of his hand. This would be her first trip to the park since she'd come to live with them. She was so happy! Especially since she was now Ashlynn Lee Richardson, and not just Ashlynn Lee with no last name. The first few weeks in her new home had been quite rough, as she'd thrown plenty of tantrums, testing them. Of course, those tantrums always earned her a good spanking as a result, so she'd decided to behave for just a little bit - give her bottom the well-deserved break that it needed.

Kevin smiled down at his newest daughter in return. She was still getting into trouble quite a bit, but she'd mellowed some today - hence why they'd decided to reward her with a trip to the park.

"Ready to go, Goober?" Kevin asked.

Ashlynn giggled and nodded. She was determined to be good long enough to play at the park.

"Is Sammy ready?" Kevin wanted to know, indicating her stuffed bear that she took everywhere with her - he was her security blanket, so it was quite understandable for her to want something familliar close by.

Ashlynn shook her head, and let go of his hand long enough, to get Sammy into his coat - the coat her Daddy A.J. had gotten for him.

Kevin watched as Ashlynn got Sammy ready to go. He was happy to see her smiling and enjoying herself for once - instead of having to take her over his lap for a spanking she'd earned. Today seemed to be a good day - the first of what he hoped to be many to come.

Ashlynn finished dressing Sammy, then grabbed Kevin's hand once more. She was silent, not because she was mute, but because she was sometimes afraid to talk as she'd a cussing problem that always got her into trouble. That, and she was still a bit shy when it came to talking to her new Daddies - though, she could talk to Krissy - her new little sister - okay sometimes.

"You guys ready?" A.J. asked, smirking when he saw Sammy in his new coat.

Ashlynn nodded, her eyes shining with excitement.

"You'll likes the park," Krissy - whom was five - told her sister happily. "It fun and it's gots lots of stuff to play on!"

Ashlynn smiled up at Krissy, as Krissy was in Daddy A.J.'s arms.

Krissy smiled back, then delcared, "Let's go!"

Kevin and A.J. both laughed, then left the house, locking the door behind them. They began to walk down their huge driveway, then once outside their gate, they turned left and headed for the park that was a block and a half away.

Ashlynn skipped alongside Kevin, her long dark brown hair bouncing in its pigtails - pigtails her Daddy Kevin had done for her.

"So, Ashlynn....what do you like best about parks?" Kevin questioned, as they walked along.

Ashlynn looked up at him, her hazel eyes suddenly clouded with distress. "Swings?" She said, though it was more of a question than a statement.

It dawned on Kevin then, that his little girl had never been to an actual park before. He nodded, in response to her semi-question.

"Swings are fun, aren't they?"

Ashlynn smiled at him again, glad she'd guessed right. She nodded her head. "Uh-huh...you go real high..."

"Monkey bars are fun!" Krissy decides, her bright blue eyes eyeing her new big sister. "You likes 'em Ashlynn?"

Ashlynn shrugged, and looked away, feeling a little awkward.

"Jungle gyms," A.J. said "Because you can climb all over those. Monkey bars, you swing from only - unless you can pull yourself up top."

"I'll stick with the slides," Kevin stated. "They're fun."

They reached the park then, and Ashlynn's eyes went wide. Before her eyes lay the biggest park she'd ever seen in her life! There were slides, swings, jungle gyms, monkey bars, merry-go-rounds, teeter-totters, a tree-house, and a roller-skate area. There was also tons of trees, lots of grass, and plenty of benches and picnic tables to sit on.

"Wow..." Ashlynn breathed softly.

Kevin and A.J. both shared a smile, glad to see Ashlynn so happy.

Krissy immediately squirmed down out of A.J.'s arms. "Let's go, Ashlynn!" She exclaimed, trying to run off - but A.J. had her hand tightly in his.

"Rules ladies," Kevin reminded them - Krissy mostly, as Ashlynn hadn't budged.

Ashlynn looked up after rolling her eyes - all Daddy Kevin talked about were rules!

"Make sure we can see you at all times," Kevin told them sternly. "And no going off with strangers. And be careful you don't get hurt."

"And most importantly," A.J. piped up. "Have fun."

Ashlynn giggled as Krissy grabbed her hand and began to drag her towards the jungle gym.

"C'mon Ashlynn!" Krissy cried, dragging her big sister along; her own pigtails - blond ones - bouncing about. "We gotta plays on the jungle gym!"

A.J. smirked at Kevin. "I think today is definitely a good day."

Kevin nodded. "I agree. A very good day."

"For now," A.J. chuckled.

"Oh, hush," Kevin smirked. "Enjoy it while it lasts."

A.J. laughed, as he followed Kevin over to where the girls were playing on the jungle gym.

The dads they didn't have to be.. Because they didn't have to be... You know they didn't have to be...
Apple Of Your Daddy's Eyes by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Be amazed - I've four chapter written for this fic & a new one will hopefully be written tomorrow, as I've already an idea. Thank God for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for helping me get this idea! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & the Littrell children. Kevin & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB. Song Apple Of Your Daddy's Eye belongs to Peter Cetera. Thank-you! Note: Song lyrics aren't necessarily in the proper order.
If I had my way Time would stand still You'd stay as sweet as you are But time waits for no one It never will

"Daddy! Daddy!" Ashlynn cried excitedly, running for the front door. She'd been in the living room with Daddy A.J. and Krissy, until she'd heard the front door open and Daddy Kevin's voice rang out.

Kevin laughed and scooped Ashlynn up into his arms, Krissy being scooped up as well a few moments later. He kissed both their heads, then shifted them slightly, so he could lean forward and kiss his husband.

"How were they?" He asked A.J.

A.J. smiled proudly. "Good as spun gold," he replied. "No spankings today."

Kevin smiled and hugged both girls, whom were still in his strong, loving arms. "I think our two good little girls deserve a treat, don't you, Baby?"

A.J. nodded. "Yep. I think they deserve one."

The girls giggled, both clinging to Kevin tightly - they'd missed him while he'd gone to work. A.J. had stayed home with them, as it was only needed for one of them to be there at their own record company.

"Hmm...now what should that treat be?" Kevin teased, as he watched A.J. smirk.

"McDonald's!" Krissy exclaimed.

A.J. looked at Ashlynn, who nodded immediately.

"McDonald's it is," Kevin laughed. "Guess you luck out too, Aje."

A.J. smirked. "I know. I've taught them well."

Kevin laughed, as he set the girls down. "Alright. Go get ready."

The girls squealed and quickly ran off, Ashlynn returning a few moments later.

"Daddy?" She said softly, almost shy like.

Kevin smiled down at her, as he took his work shoes off. "What is it, Baby?"

"Here," Ashlynn replied shyly, holding a piece of paper up for him to see.

Kevin glanced at A.J., who'd come out of the living room - he'd gone to clean up - and saw him shrug.

Ashlynn watched apprehensively, as Daddy Kevin unfolded the piece of paper.

Kevin smiled when he saw what it was - she'd drawn him a picture of four realistic looking people, and had spelled 'Ashlynn' at the top in pencil. It was all she'd written as she was behind in school, and didn't know how to spell or write anything other than her name - though Sam, Brian's wife, was going to be helping her with that soon - once she'd everything ready to homeschool Ashlynn and the Littrell children. Ashlynn and public school hadn't worked out so well. Krissy would be the only one in a public school, as she enjoyed Kindergarten greatly.

"Why, thank-you, Ashlynn," Kevin spoke, squatting down to hug the little eight-year-old girl before him. "I love it very much, Honey."

Ashlynn beamed proudly, hugging him tightly. She'd wanted to write 'My Family' at the top, but didn't know enough letters or how to spell it to do that.

"Would you like to write anything else on it?" Kevin asked gently.

Ashlynn looked down, shy again, and nodded slightly.

"What would you like to write, Sweetie?"

"My Family..." Ashlynn whispered, her eyes tearing up.

Kevin kissed her forehead. "Don't cry, Honey," he soothed. "Daddy'll help you, okay?"

Ashlynn nodded quietly, as Daddy Kevin picked her up and carried her into the kitchen.

Kevin sat at the kitchen table with Ashlynn in his lap, after retrieving a pencil and eraser from the one counter.

"Alright, Honey," he began. "Daddy's going to write it lightly, then you can trace over it, okay?"

Ashlynn nodded, liking that idea very much. She erased the 'Ashlynn' at the top, and wrote it on the bottom instead. She then handed Daddy Kevin the pencil.

Kevin lightly wrote 'My Family' at the top of the page, and smiled proudly as Ashlynn traced over it.

Ashlynn looked up for approval, smiling when Kevin nodded.

"Now, how about we stick this on the fridge - so everybody can see it when they come in," Kevin suggested.

Ashlynn nodded her head eagerly. She was proud of her picture - even more so, now that it had what she truly wanted at the top of the page.

Kevin carried Ashlynn over to the fridge, and helped her stick it up with the magnets that they had there.

Ashlynn giggled at some of the magnets, as they had funny-looking animals on them.

Kevin kissed her cheek. "Now, how about we get ready to go to McDonald's?"

Ashlynn nodded her head eagerly, anxious to go and eat - and play in the Play Land afterwards. A.J. and Krissy had told her all about that the other day.

Kevin carried her off to get ready, and soon they were all off to McDonald's - where they ate their Happy Meals, McNuggets, and Double Quarter Pounders with cheese and played in the ball pit inside the Play Land.

Held you in my arms so tight I'd never forget The best years of my life
But You Love Me Daddy by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey y'all! Glad to see y'all are enjoying my fic! Here's the next chapter! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelely owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. Song But You Love Me Daddy belongs to Jim Reeves. Thank-you.
You wake me at dawn When I want to sleep on But you love me, daddy.

Ashlynn and Krissy flew into their Daddies' room early Saturday morning - as they were hungry and had been told if they were good they could go shopping - and they liked to shop - especially toy shop.

"DADDY!!!!" Krissy shrieked, tackling A.J. "Times to wakes up!"

A.J. groaned as the five-year-old pounce and hit him right square. "Krissy..." He gasped. "Freeze...."

Krissy raised her hands in a freezing position, then giggled when Daddy A.J. finally moved to tickle her.

Ashlynn stood watching quietly - she'd run in with her sister, but had suddenly grown shy and stopped at the foot of the bed.

Kevin looked up and smiled at their eldest child. "Come here, Honey."

Ashlynn quietly took hold of his outstretched hand and allowed herself to be led closer to him - tensing slightly when he picked her up. Maybe they'd done wrong?

Kevin gently sat Ashlynn in his lap and hugged her close, kissing her head. "No spankings," he assured her. "You're allowed to wake us up, Sweetie."

Ashlynn relaxed then and snuggled in, watching Daddy A.J. tickle Krissy.

A.J. looked over and grinned at Ashlynn. "Hey, Honey."

Ashlynn smiled some, giggling a little bit when he tickled her foot.

"Shoppin'!" Krissy insisted, tugging on A.J.'s hair anxiously.

A.J. laughed. "Krissy! Don't pull Daddy's hair!"

"Yeah," Kevin agreed. "He's going bald as it is."

A.J. stuck his tongue out at him.

"Bad!" Ashlynn stated softly, pointing at Daddy A.J.

"Alex," Kevin said sternly. "You know the girls aren't allowed to stick their tongues out."

A.J. gave his husband a sheepish look. "Sorry Kev. Habit."

Kevin shook his head, then turned his attention back to the girls. "You ladies ready to go shopping?"

"YEAH!!!" Krissy cried, as Ashlynn just nodded.

"In your pajamas?" A.J. chuckled.

Krissy laughed delightedly. "Nooo!!! Daddy silly!"

"Well, let's get you dressed then, Kiddo," A.J. grinned, getting out of bed with Krissy in his arms.

Kevin waited until his husband and littlest daughter had left, before speaking again.

"What would you like to wear today, Ashlynn?" He asked, getting out of bed himself, with Ashlynn in his arms. He was glad him and A.J. slept in pants and not naked like they used too.

Ashlynn buried her face into his wife beater quietly. She was playing shy today.

Kevin carried her down the hall to her room and playfully dropped her onto the bed, causing her to giggle and him to smile.

"Jeans and a sweater?" Kevin suggested. "Dress?"

Ashlynn shook her head, and hopped down off the bed and went into her walk-in closet. She came out moments later with her overalls and a Backstreet Boys shirt from way back when.

Kevin chuckled, as he set clean socks and panties upon her bed. "Good choice, Honey."

Ashlynn hopped back up onto her bed, and stuck her panties on her head to be silly. She liked making Daddy Kevin laugh - Krissy hogged Daddy A.J.

Kevin laughed and tickled her. "Those go better on your rump, Goober."

Ashlynn squirmed and giggled about. Being silly was fun!

"Now, let's get you dressed," Kevin said. "Then we'll have breakfast, and head out."

Ashlynn nodded her agreement, as Daddy Kevin helped her change into her clean clothes. She could do it herself, but let him do it, as it made her feel special.

Once dressed, Kevin and A.J. met up in the hallway - each carrying one of their girls - and headed on down to the kitchen together. They stopped when they saw the mess of cookies and crumbs upon the floor.

Kevin and A.J. shared a look, then eyed the sheepish looking little girls as they set them down.

"Breakfast?" Kevin asked, as Krissy nodded and Ashlynn squirmed.

"How'd you get them?" A.J. asked.

"Ashlynn gots 'em..." Krissy explained. "We's hungry, and she gots us breakfast, Daddy."

"You climbed up on the counter to get them?" Kevin checked, noticing the chair shoved up against the one counter.

Ashlynn nodded silently, her head hung, as she backed up a little bit.

"You know better than to climb!" A.J. exclaimed. "You could've gotten hurt!"

Ashlynn just backed up a bit further in response.

Krissy tugged on Daddy A.J.'s shirt then. "Daddy, I askeds Ashlynn for 'em. Was hungry, an' no poptarts..."

A.J. looked down at Krissy, crouching down to her level. "Krissy, you know cookies aren't for breakfast."

"Buts Ashlynn saids yes!" Krissy argued.

Kevin crouched down to Ashlynn's level and held his hand out to her. "Come here, Baby."

Ashlynn backed up more still.

Kevin sighed. "Honey, you're not in trouble, okay?"

Ashlynn quietly took his hand, not looking up at all as he gently pulled her closer to him.

"Did you know cookies aren't for breakfast?" Kevin asked softly.

Ashlynn shook her head no. She'd thought that since Krissy asked for them, that they were allowed to have some for breakfast.

"Next time, get Daddy A.J. or I to get you something to eat, okay?" Kevin said gently, but firmly. "And no more climbing. We don't want you to get hurt."

Ashlynn nodded her response, glancing up a bit - her hazel eyes filled with unshed tears.

Kevin immediately pulled her into a hug. "Shh...Don't cry, Baby. You're not in trouble; you didn't know."

Ashlynn buried her face into him, and snuggled as he scooped her up.

"Well, since they've eaten," A.J. began. "I say we head out."

Kevin nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."

They got the girls ready to go - dressing them in their shoes and jackets. Then they buckled the girls into the middle seat of the van, and drove off for the mall after they'd gotten in and buckled up themselves.

Now you eat the cookies When I tell you, no But you love me, daddy 'Cause you tell me so.
Butterfly Kisses by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Here's more - & I'd best get writing - I'm just about caught up to where I left off-lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. Song is Butterfly Kisses sung by Faith Hill & Tim McGraw. Thank-you! Note: Some lyrics have been changed to suit my story.
Daddy take me with you I promise I'll be good Daddy, this is next time And Daddy A.J. said I could... For butterfly kisses With her Daddy there Stickin' little white flowers All up in her hair

Ashlynn watched as Daddy Kevin got ready to go out. She wasn't sure where he was going, she just knew that she wanted to go too.

"Here's the list, Kev," A.J. said, handing his husband the grocery list they had made.

"Thanks Aje," Kevin smiled appreciatively, taking the list as he put his jacket on. He then went off in search of his keys.

A.J. smiled back, spotting Ashlynn watching. "You wanna go to the store with Daddy, Ashlynn?"

Ashlynn nodded. "Please?" She said softly, remembering what you had to say in order to hopefully get what you wanted.

"Get your shoes, Kiddo," A.J. told her. "Krissy and I can hold down the fort."

Ashlynn grinned, as she hurried to put her shoes on. She giggled as A.J. helped her with her jacket.

Kevin returned then, looking at them oddly. "Where's she going?"

"With you," A.J. replied simply. "She wants to go and I said she could."

Kevin looked at the little eight-year-old's face, and knew he didn't have the heart to tell her no. She looked so excited to be going - even if it was just to the grocery store. Besides, he'd done her hair up with flowers earlier, so why not show them off?

"Alright," he sighed, as A.J. did her jacket up for her. "But best behaviour Ashlynn."

Ashlynn nodded quickly. She liked going places she never usually got to go before.

"Let's go, Goober," Kevin smiled, taking her hand in his. He led her outside and decided to take the corvette, so she could sit up front.

Ashlynn's eyes were wide as they got in the pretty car. She always got to peek in, but this was the first time she'd get to ride in it.

Kevin buckled her up, and made sure that if he stopped fast the seatbelt wouldn't choke her.

Ashlynn sat quietly and patiently, though she was extremely excited - mostly over the car ride.

Kevin kissed her head, then buckled himself in. "We don't usually take this car out - Krissy's still way too little to sit up front. You're a bit too little too - but just this once, we'll make an exception."

Ashlynn beamed as he started the car and they roared out of the driveway - at a decent speed of course - this was Kevin driving, and not A.J.

Kevin smiled and turned the stereo on, seeing Ashlynn's face light up when I Want It That Way came on. He turned it up a bit for her.

"There you go. Enjoy."

Ashlynn moved her head to the beat and lip synched, still not very willing to talk more than she had too.

Soon enough, they pulled into the A&P parking lot and got out. Kevin took hold of her hand and together they walked across the parking lot and into the building.

Ashlynn looked all around in awe - she'd never been inside a grocery store before, as nobody had ever let her go with them.

"Big, isn't it?" Kevin commented, getting a cart. "You want to ride in here? Or do you want to walk?"

Ashlynn grabbed hold of the side of the cart as her answer.

Kevin nodded. "Alright. If you get tired let me know, and you can ride in the cart, okay?"

Ashlynn nodded in response, and continued to look around in amazement.

Kevin chuckled and started wheeling the cart around, as Ashlynn walked along side of it.

"Don't let go of the cart, okay?" Kevin told her. "I don't want to lose you."

Ashlynn nodded again, her eyes taking in all the yummy looking foods. She pointed to the bologna.

"We need bologna?" Kevin asked, smiling as she nodded once more. "Alright. Bologna it is."

Ashlynn smiled as Daddy Kevin tossed the bologna into the cart.

They finished shopping in the first aisle and moved onward, finally reaching the cereal/poptart/oatmeal aisle - technically, the breakfast aisle.

Ashlynn spotted a cereal that looked good, and letting go of the cart, ran for it.

"Ashlynn!" Kevin called her. "Come back here, please."

Ashlynn pointed to the cereal box instead though.

"Ashlynn Richardson," Kevin said sternly.

Ashlynn teared up and walked back to the cart.

"Now, what did you do wrong?" Kevin asked gently.

Ashlynn quietly took hold of the cart once more.

"Thank-you," Kevin said. "Now, don't let go again, okay? Daddy really doesn't want to lose you in here. That can be really scary."

"Kay..." Ashlynn whispered.

Kevin placed some poptarts and dinosaur oatmeal into the cart, then strolled the cart down to the cereal she'd run for.

"Would you like the Scooby-Doo cereal, Ashlynn?" He asked, knowing he couldn't be too mad, as she was still learning.

"Please..." Ashlynn replied quietly.

Kevin smiled and stuck two boxes in. "In case Daddy A.J. decides he wants some too," he explained, making her smile.

Ashlynn giggled, then pointed to the Reese Puffs.

"Okay, these too. But that's it for the sugar cereal," Kevin verified. "Do you like Cheerios?"

"Uh-huh!" Ashlynn smiled. It was what she usually got as a treat when stuck in Foster Homes and the Orphanage. "Yummy!"

"They are good, aren't they?" Kevin agreed. "I like them lots too."

They went on shopping, without anymore problems, until they reached the spaghetti/soup aisle. Once more Ashlynn let go of the cart and ran for something - this time the Scooby-Doo alphaghetti.

"Ashlynn Lee!"

Ashlynn glanced over and noted Daddy Kevin's look. She sighed, grabbing a can and walking back.

Kevin took the can from her and set it in the cart. "Thank-you. But don't make me have to tell you again, Ashlynn."

"Sorry..." Ashlynn apologized softly.

Kevin nodded, then once at the alphaghetti, stuck a bunch more cans of the Scooby-Doo one in the cart.

Ashlynn stuck like glue to the cart and was being a little angel - until the cookie aisle. She'd never seen so many cookies before in her life! She gasped, letting go of the cart, to run up and down and across the aisle like crazy - thrilled beyond belief to find so many cookies all in one spot!

Kevin looked up from the box of granola bars he was looking at and frowned. "Ashlynn Richardson!"

Ashlynn froze and looked back at him nervously.

"Come here!" Kevin ordered, not too happy with her at the moment.

Ashlynn gulped and walked back to the cart - she hadn't meant to run off again. She just forgot.

Once she'd reached him, Kevin turned her around and gave her bottom a few sharp smacks.

Ashlynn yelped and began to cry softly.

Kevin crouched down to talk to her. "Ashlynn, when I tell you to do something, do it please. I'm trying to keep you safe, so you don't get lost or hurt. I'd be very sad if anything were to happen to you, Honey."

"I sorry..." Ashlynn whimpered softly, accepting the hug Daddy Kevin offered.

Kevin hugged her tight, rubbing her back. "Shh...You're forgiven."

Ashlynn buried her face into him, as he scooped her up.

Kevin continued shopping, pushing the cart and carrying Ashlynn. He knew how overly-sensitive she was when it came to spankings - even little ones like he'd just given her.

Finally, they were done, and were heading home when they passed an ice cream shop.

"Daddy!" Ashlynn piped up, pointing out the window to the ice cream place. "Ice cream!"

"Honey, we have to get home," Kevin told her. "We don't want the milk or anything to go bad."

Ashlynn looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Please?"

Kevin sighed, turning the car around after seeing a tear slip out. He knew he shouldn't give in - but once wouldn't hurt anything - would it?

A few minutes later, they were on the road again headed home - Ashlynn licking away at her small Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream cone.

Sittin' in the front seat ridin' down town An icecream cone I'd rap him around My little finger Tighter then my baby could You can make a tear go a long long way When you're daddy's little girl
Daddy by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: If I don't update tomorrow, it means I never finished writing the next chapter - or any chapter - lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelely owns Krissy, Sam, & the Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. The song Daddy belongs to Beyonce. Thank-you! Note: The songs lyrics aren't necessarily in the correct order.
And I remember when you could do no wrong You’d come home from work and I jumped in your arms when I saw you I was so happy to see you (I was so excited, so happy to see you)... No matter what mistakes I make, you’re there for me You kill my disappointments and you heal my pain You understood my fears and you protected me Treasure every irreplaceable memory

It was the middle of the night, when a little girl awoke terribly frightened. She'd been thrashing about in her bed, trapped in a nightmare she couldn't seem to get out of.

"Sammy?" Ashlynn called out softly, nervously hunting for her beloved stuffed bear. She found him hiding under the covers halfway down her bed.

Ashlynn whimpered and sniffled as she clutched Sammy tight, burying her face into him.

"Daddy..." She whined softly - too soft for anyone to hear, as it was just barely above a whisper.

She gulped, noticing scary shadows upon her wall - being projected from the nightlight plugged in her one wall. She snuggled down under the covers in tears, wanting Daddy but too scared to cry out for him.

"Sammy...what we do?" She asked her Bear. "I-I scared...Wan' Daddy..."

She didn't care which Daddy she got either - either one of them would do quite fine at the moment - though she usually snuggled Daddy Kevin.

There was a creepy noise then, that caused her to jump and hide under the covers. Just because she was eight didn't mean she was too old for nightmares - heck, even adults get nightmares.

"What's that, Sammy?" She whispered, listening to her Bear. "Runs an' finds Daddy?"

Sammy nodded - though Ashlynn didn't realize she'd made him do it herself.

"Kay," she squeaked, as a louder noise was heard - causing her to bolt.

Ashlynn bolted for her door after the last noise, Sammy tucked firmly under her arm - she hadn't realized the noise was thunder.

"Hey, Kev? Maybe we should check on the girls," A.J. suggested softly, as he was snuggled into his husband. "I mean, if I'm a bit spooked, what's to say they aren't?"

"I think that's a good idea," Kevin agreed, about to get up when he saw a figure come flying into the room just as a huge clap of thunder was heard.

Ashlynn didn't say a word, as she quickly clambered up onto the bed and dove for Daddy Kevin.

A.J. chuckled softly, though he'd jumped at the last one. "I'm gonna go get Krissy."

"Alright," Kevin nodded, hugging Ashlynn close. "You might as well bring her back here."

A.J. nodded and quickly left the room to retrieve their youngest.

Kevin looked down, noticing Ashlynn's tear-streaked face and felt his heart break.

"Shh...there's nothing to be scared of, Honey. It's just thunder."

Ashlynn buried her face into him. "Bad dream..." She whimpered softly.

"Oh," Kevin acknowledged. "Care to tell me what about? It might help if you talk about it."

"Sent backs Home," Ashlynn hiccuped.

"Home?" Kevin repeated, comfused a moment. "What's so...Oh! The Foster Home?"

Ashlynn nodded. "I's naughty, an' hads to goes back..."

Kevin hugged her tighter then. "No. No. Shh...you're not going back, Baby. No matter how naughty you are, you're still going to be my Baby."

Ashlynn started to cry again, but not so much because of the storm outside.

Kevin rocked her some. "Shh...we love you very much, Ashlynn. You're not ever going back to the Foster Home. You're ours and we're going to keep you for all of your life."

"Buts-Buts I's bad..." Ashlynn argued.

"You're not bad, Ashlynn," Kevin assured her. "You're naughty sometimes, but that doesn't mean you're not a good girl. You're a very good girl - you and Krissy both - you just do naughty things sometimes, that's all."

"I stays?"

"Of course, Ashlynn!" Kevin exclaimed, shocked that she thought she had to ask that. "Baby, Daddy A.J. and I will always be here for you, okay? I promise. Anytime you're scared or need to snuggle, just find one of us and we'll snuggle you until you're all snuggled out."

Ashlynn giggled a little bit at that. "Likes snuggles."

"Me too, Goober," Kevin replied, kissing her head. "Shh..."

"My Daddy..." Ashlynn whispered, burying her face into him.

"Yes, your Daddy," Kevin soothed, hugging her tight. "Forever and ever and ever."

A.J. entered the room them, a wide-eyed Krissy in his arms. "I was right," he stated, climbing back into bed.

"Scared?" Kevin asked.

"Yep," A.J. nodded. "Too scared to get out of bed and come to us. I had to practically pry her out of her bed - she was that scared."

Kevin smiled at the little blond-haired girl in his husband's arms. "You're safe now, Krissy."

Ashlynn leaned over, and gave her little sister a quick hug, which was returned briefly.

Krissy whimpered softly after they broke apart, burying her face into Daddy A.J. - her blankie tightly grasped in her little fist.

A.J. got comfortable under the covers, and smiled at Ashlynn.

"That was very nice of you," he praised. "You feeling better now?"

Ashlynn shrugged a bit, after smiling a little at the praise. She wasn't sure if she was okay now or not - she believed Daddy Kevin, but was still a teeny bit worried.

"She'd a nightmare," Kevin explained. "That we sent her back to the Home."

A.J.'s eyes widen. "What? No way! Not happening! Anybody tries to take her, I'll kick their butts!"

"Aje, violence isn't the answer," Kevin reminded him.

"It is if they're trying to take one of our babies away!" A.J. exclaimed.

Kevin chuckled. "I think you're more worked up over her nightmare than she is now."

A.J. grinned at Ashlynn. "Don't worry, Honey. I won't let them take you away - not ever!"

Ashlynn giggled softly, leaning over to give him a kiss. She felt better now - especially if Daddy A.J. was willing to kick butt in order to keep her.

A.J. gave her a kiss in return. "Now, is everybody settled?"

The girls went to nod, but the power went out then with a loud clap of thunder. Both girls screamed and buried their faces into their Daddies.

"Uh...Kev?" A.J. spoke softly.

"Ashlynn, stay with Daddy A.J. for a minute, okay? Daddy's going to get a flashlight," Kevin told her, gently easing her out of his lap.

Ashlynn whimpered, now in tears again, and immediately clung to Daddy A.J.

A.J. clung tightly to both girls, rocking them and singing softly as he kissed their heads every so often.

Kevin returned a few minutes later - after having had bumped and banged around for a bit - a flashlight in each hand.

"Found two," he informed his husband, whom was snuggling the girls. He crawled back into bed, after making sure a flashlight was on each nightstand.

Ashlynn crawled back into Daddy Kevin's lap to snuggle - more used to him, than Daddy A.J.

"So...who wants to hear about Uncle Nicky getting shoved outside in his underwear?" A.J. trailed off, smirking some - though you couldn't see that in the dark.

Krissy giggled. "Uncle Nick was outsides in his underwear? But that's naughty."

"Not if it's not your fault," A.J. chuckled.

"Alex," Kevin groaned, though he too was smiling in the dark.

"What? It's a good story!" A.J. insisted. "Funny too!"

Kevin laughed, as he heard A.J. snicker. "Alright, alright. Tell them the story."

They all snuggled close together under the covers, as A.J. began.

"See, it was like this...Nicky was bein' a brat..." A.J. went on, telling them the story or Nick being mobbed in his underwear years ago.

No matter how much pain I’m in, I will be okay 'Cause I got a man in my life that can’t be replaced For this love is unconditional, it won’t go away... There is no one else like my Daddy No one else replace my Daddy
Daddy's Girl by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Wow. I finished this chapter - anybody as shocked as I am? Lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. Song is Daddy's Girl by Red Sovine. Thank-you!
I recall the day I took you on a fishin' trip, You said daddy won't that hook hurt the fishy's lip and if those things don't get air the things in the can will die So we set the worms a loose and chased some butterflys

"Not too close to the water ladies!" Kevin called out. Him and his husband - A.J. - were taking the girls fishing and had just arrived at the docks.

Ashlynn paused, back a ways. She'd have no trouble obeying that rule - as she'd a fear of water - especially bathtub water.

Krissy went to the edge of the dock, and stuck her finger in, giggling.

"Kristine Michelle!" A.J. yelled. "Away from the water unless you want a sore bottom!"

Krissy scowled, but immediately backed away from the water. She did not want a sore bottom.

Ashlynn smiled slightly - glad she wasn't the one getting into trouble for a change.

Kevin reached where Ashlynn stood, fishing rods and a tackling box in his hand.

"c'mon Ashlynn. We have to get a little closer than this - can't fish from all the way back here," he told her, a smile upon his face.

Ashlynn looked up at him nervously, and watched as he shifted the stuff around until he'd a free hand for her to hold. She immediately took hold of his hand and held tight.

A.J. reached them then, carrying to more fishing rods and a can of worms. "Ready to fish?"

Ashlynn nodded a bit - though still wary of the water.

Kevin led the way and soon they were standing next to Krissy. He set the stuff in his hands down and grabbed the blond little girl up.

"Life jacket, Goober," he smiled, blowing a raspberry on her tummy, causing her to squeal.

"Daddy!" Krissy squealed, laughing delightedly and squirming about.

A.J. helped Ashlynn put hers on in the meantime - it was precautionary, in case the girls got too close to the edge and fell in. It had happened before when it was just them and Krissy - her lifejacket having had kept her afloat.

Ashlynn stood perfectly still, letting Daddy A.J. do her lifejacket up. She then sat down in the middle of the dock, as it was swaying a bit.

Kevin got Krissy all done up in hers, then set her back down.

"Now, who wants to fish first?" He asked.

"ME!!!!" Krissy yelled excitedly.

"Shh! Not so loud! You'll scare the fish!" A.J. teased.

Krissy giggled, and watched as Daddy Kevin carefully placed a worm on her hook.

"There you go, Goober," Kevin smiled, handing her the rod. "Be careful, okay? Let Daddy A.J. help."

"Kay!" Krissy beamed, as Daddy A.J. took hold of the line - so she wouldn't wind up hooking herself.

Ashlynn watched quietly as Daddy A.J. helped Krissy toss her line into the water. She felt a little jealous, but at the same time, glad to not be that close to the water. Even where she was sitting was too close for comfort.

"Ready to fish, Ashlynn?" Kevin asked, smiling still. He was getting the next fishing rod all set up for someone to fish.

Ashlynn made a face when he took a worm out of the margarine container it was in. "Eew..."

Kevin chuckled. "Yeah, I guess they're a lil' eew. But worms won't harm you."

Ashlynn covered her eyes as Daddy Kevin stuck the wriggling work onto the hook - it was gross!

Kevin left her briefly, to give A.J. the rod, then came back and started to prepare the next one.

"Daddy?" Ashlynn began softly.

"Yes, Baby?"

"Does that hurt the little fishies?"

Kevin paused to think a moment. "Not really - only if it gets hooked the wrong way. Otherwise, no. We catch them, then unhook them, and let them go."

"But what if it don't get hooked right?" Ashlynn wanted to know.

"Then...we've accidentally killed a fish," Kevin told her honestly.

Ashlynn's eyes narrowed a bit. "An' how do they breathe in there?"

Kevin looked at the margarine container she was pointing too - they'd stuck worms in there that morning - Krissy had helped A.J. hunt for them in the garden.

"They don't," he answered gently, noting they'd forgotten to poke holes in the lid.

"But they'll die!" Ashlynn exclaimed softly. She didn't like worms, but she still didn't want them to die from lack of oxygen.

"What'll die?" Krissy queried curiously, turning to look at her big sister.

"Worms," Ashlynn answered.

Krissy frowned. "The fishies eats 'em up, Ashlynn."

"You gonna kill fish!" Ashlynn accused.

Krissy looked up at Daddy A.J., tears in her eyes. "Daddy? We gonna hurt the fishies?"

Now it was A.J.'s turn to sigh. "Not if we can help it, Honey."

Krissy pouted, not in the mood to fish anymore. "I don'ts wanna hurt the fishies..."

"We won't. I promise," A.J. assured her. "How about we wait and see if we catch any - and if we do, then we'll decide after that, okay?"

"Kay," Krissy agreed. "I wait..."

"Ashlynn, do you still want to fish?" Kevin asked their eldest child.

Ashlynn shook her head no. "Water too close."

"Okay," Kevin nodded. "Anything else you'd like to do?"

Ashlynn looked around and spotted a little girl younger than Krissy, chasing butterflies with her Daddy.

"That!" She exclaimed softly, pointing to the two with the butterfly net. The docks were at a park - which had a rental house, playground, and tons of picnic tables and fire pits.

Kevin smiled. "That looks like fun."

Ashlynn smiled, getting up and moving off the dock quickly. She reached shore, and began to unzip her life jacket.

"Hey, Aje?" Kevin called, continuing once his husband had turned around. "Ashlynn and I are going to go chase some butterflies, okay?"

A.J. nodded. "Sure Kev. Have fun! We'll join yah in a bit - if we don't catch anything."

"Alright," Kevin nodded back. He then turned and ran to catch up to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn giggled and skipped along - holding Daddy Kevin's hand - as they headed for the rental place to rent some butterfly nets.

Kevin rented two butterfly nets, and handed one to Ashlynn.

"The trick is, to catch as many butterflies as you can," he told her, a warm smile upon his face.

"They get hurt?" Ashlynn worried.

"No, Honey," Kevin assured her. "We won't hurt the butterflies."

"Kay," Ashlynn smiled, grabbing his hand and running off.

Kevin laughed and let her drag him about, as they chased the butterflies with their nets.

A short while later, A.J. and Krissy joined them, having had given up on fishing as Krissy was getting restless.

The four of them ran about, each with their own net, chasing the butterflies that always littered the park with their bright colours.

Ashlynn and Krissy giggled endlessly, as they tried to catch the butterflies - laughing at their failed attempts, and their Daddies too.

Later on, once all tired out, the four sat upon the grass watching the sun disappear below the horizon.

Kevin, who had his legs spread out, smiled over at his husband. "Great day, wasn't it?"

A.J. nodded. "The best yet, I think."

They shared a smile, then looked down at the girls, who sat between their legs, staring up at the sky in awe.

"Lookie that cloud, Ashlynn!" Krissy exclaimed, pointing to one. She was sitting between A.J.'s legs. "It's a rabbit!"

Ashlynn giggled, then pointed to another one - her sitting between Kevin's legs. "Dino!"

"Hey, that one does look like Dino," A.J. commented. "Kev! Look at that cloud, man!"

Kevin laughed, and looked - they were right about the cloud looking like Dino. "Good thing you noticed it, Ashlynn, or we might've missed it."

Ashlynn beamed proudly, leaning back against Daddy Kevin to get more comfortable.

A.J. snickered, as Krissy leaned back against him. "They'll be asleep soon," he whispered to his husban,d leaning over.

Kevin nodded, then gave A.J. a quick peck. "I know...we'll have to carry them..."

"What else is new?" A.J. groaned playfully, causing both men to grin, then laugh.

Once the laughter had died down, the four sat quietly one more, staring up at the remaning clouds - this family moment becoming a moment they would remember and treasure forever.

Daddy's girl, Daddy's girl I'm the center of daddy's world I know I'm daddy's number 1 for he loves me like I was his son Daddy's girl
Daddy's Hands by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Sorry I didn't update yesterday, but this chapter wasn't written yet - & last night was Hell. Well, Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & resto f BSB own themselves. Song is Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn. Thank-you! Warning: Corporal punishment.
I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer and reaching out to hold me when I had a nightmare... I remember daddy's hands how they held my Daddy A.J. tight and patted my back for something done right

Ashlynn squirmed some in the Church pew. She was restless and anxious to go and play with Baylee. She began to play with Sammy quietly.

Kevin glanced over and noticed Ashlynn playing with Sammy, instead of listening. He'd allowed the Bear to come, as she usually only whispered to him occassionally, but right now she was distracting the other children in their pew.

"Ashlynn, are you paying attention?" He asked quietly.

Ashlynn looks up, giving him a sheepish look.

"Pay attention, please. You can play with Sammy later," Kevin told her.

Ashlynn nodded silently, and sat listening to the pastor for a little bit - but grew restless again. She leaned forward and glanced down Baylee's way, waving when he flashed her a smile.

Kevin took hold of Ashlynn's hand, when he saw her wave. "Ashlynn, sit still," he said firmly.

Ashlynn leaned back again, trying to pay attention like a good girl.

Kevin shook his head, knowing if this kept up Ashlynn was going to earn herself a spanking. And Church wasn't even half over yet.

Ashlynn began to swing her feet, kicking the back of the pew in front of her lightly. She was bored, though usually Church interested her - least, the pretty things inside it did anyway.

Kevin reached over, and stopped her legs from kicking. "Enough, Ashlynn!" He hissed.

Ashlynn pulled her legs back, tucking them under her seat. She didn't like to be scolded.

Kevin glanced over at his husband - A.J. - whom was looking their way to see what was going on.

A.J. rolled his eyes once he had Kevin's attention, and wriggled his fingers.

"Soon," Kevin mouthed back. He was giving their daughter the benefit of the doubt.

Krissy saw Daddy A.J. wriggle his fingers, and whimpered softly, thinking she was in trouble.

A.J. heard Krissy and kissed her head. "Shh...Not you, Honey..."

Krissy relaxed, once she was safely in Daddy A.J.'s lap. She always felt safe there.

Ashlynn picked up a Bible, and was flipping through it, trying to find pictures - she was still learning her letters and how to spell, so she couldn't read just yet.

Kevin was listening to the pastor, casting a glance at Ashlynn every so often. He didn't know why she was so squirmish today - she usually sat quite nicely in Church.

The was a loud, BANG! then as Ashlynn accidentally dropped the Bible to the floor. The whole congregation paused and turned to look - the pastor included.

Kevin and A.J. both looked embarrassed, as Kevin bent to pick the Bible up. Once it was back in its spot, he sat Ashlynn in his lap.

"If I have to tell you to behave again, you're going to be in big trouble, Young Lady," he whispered in her ear. "Last warning, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn squirmed some, trying to get comfortable.

Kevin held her tight. "Stop squirming," he ordered softly.

Ashlynn stopped, sitting still for a bit - but, it didn't last long.

When Ashlynn began to squirm again, Kevin had had enough. He stood up, still holding her tight to him, exited the aisle, and took her outside.

Ashlynn had begun to cry softly, soon as Daddy Kevin had stood up. She knew she was in trouble now, and she hadn't mean to be so restless.

Kevin reached the van and slid open the sliding door, setting Ashlynn down upon the middle bench seat.

"Ashlynn, what's wrong?" He asked, wondering if maybe she just wanted his attention for something.

Ashlynn shrugged. Nothing was wrong - she was just anxious to play with Baylee.

"Well, in that case, you've been very naughty this morning, Ashlynn," Kevin stated. "And I'd like to know why."

"Play Baylee," Ashlynn answered softly, sniffling a little bit.

"Church is not a place to play, and you know that," Kevin reminded her.

Ashlynn pointed to the Church yard, where the playground was.

Kevin nodded. "Well, I understand you're anxious to play with Baylee, but disrupting the sermon like that is unacceptable."

Ashlynn lower lip trembled. "I sorry...."

Kevin shook his head. "You were warned plenty, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn began to cry all over again, when Daddy Kevin lifted her out of the van, and set her feet upon the ground.

Kevin sat down on the floor of the van - what little space there was in the sliding doorway. "Ashlynn, why are you going to be spanked?"

Ashlynn squirmed, trying to get away - but Daddy Kevin had a good grip on her hand.

"Ashlynn Lee, answer me please," Kevin said firmly.

"No playin' in Church..." Ashlynn whimpered. "Gots to listen..."

"And were you listening?"

Ashlynn shook her head no, as she hadn't been at all.

Kevin sighed, shaking his head a bit. He moved her closer, lifted her up, and lay her over his lap. He then raised the skirt of her dress, and lowered her panties.

Ashlynn's eyes were wide, as she realized she was going to be spanked right there in the parking lot!

"From now on, you'll sit nicely in Church and pay attention," Kevin stated, bringing down the first smack to her upturned bottom.

Ashlynn yelped, beginning to cry more than she already was.

Kevin peppered her bottom with good, hard, spanks. She needed to learn that behaving the way she had in Church was unacceptable - no matter what the circumstances may be.

Ashlynn squirmed and kicked and cried, as her little rump was roasted thoroughly.

When Kevin figured she'd had enough, he gave her two last swats to her upper thighs, then rubbed her back soothingly.

"Shh..." He soothed, sitting her up gently, after having had carefully pulled her panties back up.

Ashlynn sobbed into Daddy Kevin's chest, her bottom now sore.

Kevin rocked her a bit, singing softly. "Don't make me have to do that again today, Ashlynn," he said sternly. "Or you won't get to play with Baylee at all and will be grounded all weekend."

Ashlynn nodded slightly, whimpering and hiccuping some.

Once Ashlynn had calmed down, Kevin wiped her face with a kleenex, then stood up with her in his arms.

"Ready to go back inside?" He asked.

Ashlynn buried her face into his neck, not wanting to go back inside, but knowing they were going to anyway.

Kevin kissed her head, and closed the van's sliding door. "Behave, Ashlynn."

Everyone kind of glanced, when Kevin returned with Ashlynn in his arms. He said nothing, as he quietly took his seat next to his husband and littlest daughter.

A.J. silently reached over and gave Kevin's hand a brief squeeze.

Kevin gave his husband a grateful smile, holding his hand and keeping her other arm wrapped around Ashlynn's waist.

Ashlynn still squirmed some as she sat there, only now she had reason to do so.

Finally, Church was over and the girls were allowed to go play in the Church yard with the Littrell children.

"C'mon Jamie!" Krissy cried excitedly, the two of them running for the swings.

Kevin set Ashlynn down upon her feet, once outside. "Go play, Honey," he smiled. "And remember, let Baylee tell you the rules."

Ashlynn nodded wistfully, and quietly took hold of Baylee's hand - the two of them walking to the Church yard.

"Uncle Kevin licked yah, huh?" Baylee asked softly.

Ashlynn nodded, tearing up again slightly.

Baylee kissed her cheek. "Don't cry, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn blushed shyly, though it was usually her kissing Baylee.

The two of them played for a while, while the adults stood just outside the yard talking. A little time later, a scream was heard, causing everybody to turn and look.

Krissy had clibmed atop the monkey bars, and was about to fall off - she was dangling by one leg. Her and Jamie had been playing monkey bar tag, and she'd slipped.

Ashlynn shot off like a dart, running for the moneky bars quick as she could. And despite her sore bottom, quickly got herself up atop them, and hurried towards her sister.

"Ashlynn!!! Help!!!" Krissy cried, terribly frightened - she could hang by two legs, but not one - and she was slipping.

Ashlynn gulped, then hung herself upside down, grabbing Krissy's hands. She held tight, not knowing what else to do.

Baylee had followed Ashlynn up and leaned down to grab Krissy up, as the parents all came running.

Ashlynn pushed Krissy up from her difficult position, and together they managed to get Krissy back up top.

Krissy sat up there crying, as Ashlynn swung herself back up and hugged her tight.

Ashlynn didn't say a word, as she hugged her little sister close. She was glad her and Baylee had gotten there in time.

Kevin, Brian, A.J., and Sam all reached them at the same time - all having had seen the rescue.

A.J. reached up for Krissy, who cautiously fell down into his arms.

"Shh..." A.J. soothed, rocking her.

Kevin reached up for the other two, helping Baylee down first.

Brian took Baylee from Kevin and kissed his head - very proud of his son at the moment.

Ashlynn quietly swung herself down into Daddy Kevin's arms, and accepted the hug and pat on the back he gave.

"That was very good of you, Ashlynn," Kevin praised, hugging her tight and kissing her face all over.

Ashlynn squealed, giggling like crazy. "Daddy! Tickles!"

Kevin laughed, hugging her tight.

Krissy reached over to tug on Ashlynn then, who looked over. "Thank-you, Ashlynn," she whimpered.

Ashlynn smiled and gave her sister another hug. She'd only wanted to help.

"Well, guess it's time we head home, huh cous'?" Brian smirked.

Kevin nodded. "Yeah. Might be safer at home," he joked slightly.

Sam came back over then, with little Grace in her arms, and Ben - Jamie's twin - at her side. "Whose house?" She asked.

"Ours?" A.J. checked, as Kevin nodded. "Yep. Barbecue's at ours."

They all headed for the vans then, the children yapping excitdly once more.

Once they reached the car, Kevin kissed Ashlynn's head again. "Thank-you for saving Krissy."

Ashlynn smiled. "She my sister, Daddy..."

Kevin chuckled. "Yes, I know that, Baby."

Ashlynn giggled herself, and watched as he grabbed a pillow from the trunk and set it upon her seat.

"I think you've earned this," Kevin winked.

"Thank-you," Ashlynn said softly, as he sat her down and buckled her up.

"You're welcome, Honey," Kevin answered softly, closing the door and getting in the driver's seat.

Once everyone was settled and ready to go, both families headed for the Richardson house - for the Sunday barbecue that had been planned during the week. The children in each van, giggling and singing along to the radio.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong Daddy's hands weren't always gentle but I've come to understand there was always love in daddy's hands
Daddy's Little Girl by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey y'all! I haven't decided if this is the last chapter or not yet, so please bare with me. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. Song is Daddy's Little Girl by Dream. Thank-you!
You looked into my eyes [my eyes] And told me that you would always be by my side [my side] And through the good and bad Times have been right here That's why I want you to know that you're so dear [so dear]

Ashlynn giggled as she chased Krissy about the backyard. They'd come outside to play, and had decided upon tag.

Krissy squealed delightedly, as she ran away from her big sister. She always wantd Ashlynn to play, and for once, the older girl was being nice while playing.

Kevin and A.J. were both sitting on deck swing in the backyard, watching the girls play.

"It's nice to see them getting along," Kevin smiled.

"Yeah, especially since Ashlynn's calmed down some and not throwing as many fits," A.J. commented.

"I think she was just trying to make sure we'd never send her back," Kevin stated. "You know, test us to our limits, and see what would happen."

"Well, I'm glad we've apparently passed," A.J. chuckled. "Otherwise, I don't think she'd ever behave."

Kevin nodded, making sure to keep a close eye on the girls.

"Away from the pool!" He called out, when they got a bit too close for his liking.

"Kay!" The girls called back, turning and running in the other direction.

Krissy laughed, and ran for the treehouse. She clambered up quickly, and yelled, "SAFE!!!!"

"Nuh-uh!" Ashlynn argued. "That not safe. Swing safe."

"No!" Krissy argued stubbornly. "The treehouse safe, Ashlynn!"

Ashlynn scowled and went and plopped down on a swing, swinging quietly.

"Uh-oh. Disagreement in playland," A.J. pointed out.

Kevin shrugged. "They'll work it out."

Krissy climbed back down a few minutes later. "Ashlynn?"

Ashlynn looked up, as she'd been staring at the ground. "Yeah?"

"Wanna play follow the leader?"

"Kay!" Ashlynn smiled. "I follow you."

"Okay!" Krissy grinned,grabbing Ashlynn's hand and yanking her up off the swing.

Ashlynn followed Krissy about happily, glad she'd a sister to play with.

Krissy led Ashlynn all around their huge backyard. Away from the swingset, past the treehouse, past the pool, and over to the garden.

Ashlynn followed Krissy through the garden, being careful not to trample any of the flowers growing there.

A.J. smirked watching them. "Ashlynn must be comfortable with us, 'cause she'd never wander near the garden before."

Kevin smiled. It made him proud knowing they'd made some progress with the eight-year-old. "Well, it's better than her being afraid of us."

"Hell yeah," A.J. exclaimed, smiling sheepishly when his husband gave him a Look. "Heh. Sorry Kev. But least they're not nearby."

Kevin shook his head at his husband, smiling. "You're never going to learn, are you?"

"Never say never, Kev," A.J. smirked. "Miracles can happen."

Kevin just laughed in response.

Meanwhile, the girls were still carefully chasing each other in the garden, playing follow the leader their way. It was during this time they found, what no one had thought to check for.

"What's that, Ashlynn?" Krissy asked curiously, pointing to what looked like a weird nest of some sort.

Ashlynn shrugged innocently. "Dunno," she replied honestly. "I never seen one."

"Maybe it's a rabbit hole!" Krissy squealed excitedly. "I likes rabbits!"

Ashlynn smiled. "They're cute!"

Krissy nodded eagerly. She bent to poke it.

"Careful," Ashlynn warned. "Use stick, so rabbit don't bite."

Krissy nodded, and stood up, grabbing a stick that just happened to be lying nearby.

Ashlynn watched as her little five-year-old sister poked the nest with the stick.

"What that noise, Ashlynn?" Krissy asked confused, when they heard a buzzing sound.

Ashlynn shrugged again, starting to get a bad feeling. "Dunno..."

Krissy poked it again, causing the buzzing to increase.

"Let's go play on the swings," Ashlynn suggested, the buzzing sound creeping her out, and making her tummy feel funny.

"Kay," Krissy agreed readily. "Buts why won't the rabbit comes out?"

Ashlynn shrugged once more, not having a clue. "Let's go."

Krissy turned to follow her big sister, when she tripped and fell backwards onto the nest, crushing it.

Ashlynn's eyes went wide when she saw hoards of bees suddenly appear and surround her little sister.

"OWW!!!!!!!!" Krissy howled, as she was stung over and over.

Ashlynn didn't even think, as she ran forward, and grabbed her sister's hand. She too began to scream when the bees started to attack her as well.

Kevin and A.J. heard the commotion, and looked over, as two cries for help were heard.

"DADDY!!!!!!!"

"Holy shit!" A.J. exclaimed, jumping up from his spot to go rescue the girls.

Kevin paled when he saw the hoards of bees attacking their babies. He too jumped up, and ran after A.J. fast as he could, to save the girls.

Ashlynn had stopped trying to help Krissy up, upon being attacked. She stood screaming and swatting at the bees - trying to get them away. Which, of course, only angered the bees even more.

Krissy still lay upon the ground, screaming hysterically and rolling around, trying to escape - but just further covering herself in honey.

Kevin quickly grabbed Ashlynn, as A.J. scooped Krissy up. Both very quickly ran for the house, not daring to jump into the pool, as it would further scare Ashlynn.

Soon as they were in the house, they immediately took the girls to the kitchen, and began to check them over. The girls sobbed, unable to be held just yet, as all the bee stingers had to be removed first.

"Should we take 'em to the Hospital, Kev?" A.J. asked worriedly, unsure of what to do.

"We probably should, to be on the safe side," Kevin replied. "Or maybe we can get the doctor to make a house call instead, so the girls don't have to squirm in the backseat and cry because they want to be held."

"I'm on it," A.J. said, picking up the phone and dialing the pediatrician. A few moments later he hung up. "She's on her way."

Kevin nodded, still working to get the stingers out. When he was sure he had all of them, he hugged Ashlynn tight.

A.J. finished getting the stingers out of Krissy, then hugged her tight as well. He and Kevin never even thought of checking themselves out for stingers at all, until later on. They were too worried about the girls.

A short while later, the pediatrician arrived, and checked both girls over - only having a little bit of a problem checking Ashlynn. They were in the living room, as it was more of a relaxing place for the girls to be.

Ashlynn squirmed, as she sat in Daddy Kevin's lap. She really didn't like doctors at all. She whimpered softly, as Kevin stood her up and held her still for the doctor to check over.

"Well, they both seem to be alright," the Doctor smiled. "I'll give you some Benidryl to ensure there's no swelling, and I'll give them a quick shot to ensure there's no allergic reaction."

At the word shot, Ashlynn immediately pressed herself back into Kevin. She was scared of needles, almost as much as she was scared of water.

The doctor explained what to do, and A.J. held Krissy tight, lowering the top of her pants.

Krissy whimpered freely, as the doctor stuck the needle in her upper bottom.

Once the doctor was done, A.J. rocked Krissy gently, kissing her soft little blond head. "Shh...You okay, Baby. Daddy's here."

The doctor turned and smiled at Ashlynn. "Alright, Ashlynn. Let's get this over with, then you can have a sucker, okay?"

"NO!!!!" Ashlynn shrieked, pressing herself against Daddy Kevin even more.

Kevin gently turned Ashlynn to look at him. "I'm right here, Baby. Just cling to Daddy, okay?"

"NO!" Ashlynn cried, trying to get out of his grasp now.

"Honey, you don't want to get sick and wind up in the Hospital do you?" Kevin tried. "Daddy doesn't want you to get sick. If you get sick, you can't play with Baylee."

"No! Wan' Baylee!" Ashlynn argued, still trying to pry her hands free from his.

Kevin held her hands in one of his, and gently stroked her face with the other. "Shh...You're okay, Honey. Daddy will hold you, and if it hurts, you can just bury your face into me, okay?"

Ashlynn just kept shaking her head. She was scared and not about to get stuck with a needle!

Kevin sighed, knowing the longer they waited, the easier it could be for her to have a reaction. He gently pulled her close and hugged her to him tightly. He then gently lowered her pants and panties.

Ashlynn began to scream, and struggle - though unable to move because of the hold he had on her. So, she did the only thing she could think of - she bit him - even though she knew it was naughty.

Kevin yelped and gave her bottom a firm swat. "No biting, Ashlynn," he told her sternly. "Don't make Daddy have to spank you first."

Ashlynn buried her face into him, sobbing. She didn't want to get in trouble, but she didn't want the needle either.

"Shh..." Kevin soothed, holding her as still as possible. "Hush little baby, don't say a word, Daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird won't sing, Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring..."

Ashlynn screamed into his chest, as the needle was inserted in the lower half of her bottom.

Soon as the needle was out, Kevin gently pulled her panties and pants back up, and kissed her head softly. "Shh...See? That wasn't so bad."

Ashlynn just clung to him tightly, as he handed her Sammy - her beloved Teddy Bear that had been lying nearby. She'd forgotten him inside earlier by mistake.

The doctor put her things away, and smiled, handing each girl a lollipop.

"Thank-you," Krissy whimpered.

"What do you say, Ashlynn?" Kevin asked, when their eldest remained silent.

"Thank-you," Ashlynn choked out, immediately burying her face back into Daddy Kevin and Sammy.

The doctor smiled, then let herselt out.

A.J. sat next to Kevin on the couch, still holding onto Krissy. "Should we give 'em the Benidryl once they've calmed?"

"Yeah," Kevin agreed with a nod. "Might be best."

So for the next little while, Kevin and A.J. sat snuggling their babies, in hopes of calming them down and easing their fears.

And I'll always be I'll always be daddy's little girl No matter what happens in this world I'll always be daddy's little girl No matter what happens in this world