My Answer Is You by Carter
Summary:

 When Kaylee Wilson first found out she was pregnant she didnt know who else to turn to other than her favorite musical group so she wrote a letter not expecting anything in return, but when she did her and this one Backstreet Boys lives were turned upside down with the twists and turns of life.

Completed

 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Domestic Violence, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 33 Completed: Yes Word count: 39227 Read: 83388 Published: 02/16/06 Updated: 10/27/08

1. Prologue by Carter

2. Chapter One by Carter

3. Chapter Two by Carter

4. Chapter Three by Carter

5. Chapter Four by Carter

6. Chapter Five by Carter

7. Chapter Six by Carter

8. Chapter Seven by Carter

9. Chapter Eight by Carter

10. Chapter Nine by Carter

11. Chapter Ten by Carter

12. Chapter Eleven by Carter

13. Chapter Twelve by Carter

14. Chapter Thirteen by Carter

15. Chapter Fourteen by Carter

16. Chapter Fifteen by Carter

17. Chapter Sixteen by Carter

18. Chapter Seventeen by Carter

19. Chapter Eighteen by Carter

20. Chapter Nineteen by Carter

21. Chapter Twenty by Carter

22. Chapter Twenty-One by Carter

23. Chapter Twenty-Two by Carter

24. Chapter Twenty-Three by Carter

25. Chapter Twenty- Four by Carter

26. Chapter Twenty- Five by Carter

27. Chapter Twenty-Six by Carter

28. Chapter Twenty-Seven by Carter

29. Chapter Twenty- Eight by Carter

30. Chapter Twenty-Nine by Carter

31. Chapter Thirty by Carter

32. Chapter Thirty One by Carter

33. Thank Yous by Carter

Prologue by Carter
She wandered around her parents’ house wondering what she was going to do with the rest of her life. She had just found out she was pregnant and the father of the baby decided to skip out of town and she hasn’t heard from him since she told him. The only things that have been able to keep her sane are her music and her writing. She soon sat down at the computer and opened up Microsoft Word 2003 and decided to write a letter…but not just any kind of letter. It was a thank you and an inspiration letter for her music and her writings. The one and only The Backstreet Boys. She has been a huge fan of them since she was just a teenager and now she is an adult. She felt like she owed a thank you to these five guys that have kept her going for all these years when things got rough with her parents with a big move. And even to her fiancé skipping town when she found out they were having a baby. They were there for her without them even knowing it. She set her fingers down on the keys and started to type.
Chapter One by Carter
He walked to the computer and turned it on. Since he wasn’t touring with the guys he had nothing to do. Even though he was getting ready to go back into the studio and start another solo album. But right now he was bored. You figure a Backstreet Boy couldn’t possibly get bored, but it happens…and he was certainly bored. He got onto the internet, but soon enough even just surfing the net made him bored. He knew he wasn’t supposed to do this it was more like Kevin telling him not to. But since when has he ever listened to Kevin? He logged onto his email from the official site.


”Is there anything else but I love you and you have been an inspiration to me?” he said aloud. He loved the attention but sometimes that was boring to him. He didn’t know what it was….but he just wasn’t ‘himself’ lately,” Please Read Me I wonder what this one is” he clicked on and it opened another window and started to read this email.


Dear Nick & Boys,


I feel a little silly writing you this letter. But I guess I really just wanted to say thank you. I have wanted to write a letter for so long, but I guess I have been a chicken all these years. But now after all these years of being a ‘huge’ or ‘obsessed’ fan I think would be the right word to use. It has died down and I have grown up but in a good way…. I haven’t stopped being a fan, but I guess it kind of seemed like that for a moment didn’t it?


But ever since I was just a teenager and following your every move. I have finally come with peace of having my own life instead of following someone else’s. Right now I am pregnant and I am 21 and the father is no where to be found. I keep thinking he is going to bang on my front door with his pride spilled on the floor with his hands and knees bruised and crawling back to me. But at the moment I don’t see that happening. And I just realized I used part of ‘Crawling Back To You’ gee now I feel like a total geek. But I guess it’s the cold hard truth. I told myself I wasn’t going to be like all those ‘other’ people who have kids when they are young. But I guess it just happened. And there is nothing in the world I would do to have this feeling taken back.


Now that I have just spilled my entire life story to you. The whole purpose of this email was to say thank you….for helping me through all those tough times when I went through my teenage years and now I am heading into my adulthood. I look forward to many more memories and challenges that come my way. I know I will always have ‘my boys’ to get me through my day. And I know you guys are too busy to respond…so I am not expecting anything back. I just had to get this off my chest. Again, thank you.


Love Always,
Kaylee Wilson


Nick couldn’t believe this email. Something deep down inside made him want to respond to her. But then he had to think of ‘what would Kevin say’ if he knew he was going to write back to a fan. And then he had to think about what would happen if it leaked out that he actually wrote back to his fans. The website would be flooded.


”I’ll take this chance” and that he did. He pushed the reply button on the screen and he soon started to type out an email to someone he didn’t even know.

Chapter Two by Carter
Kaylee soon found herself on the computer for the fourth time in the last forty-five minutes. Ever since she sent that email to Nick that’s all her mind has been focused on. Even though she probably wasn’t going to be receiving anything it didn’t hurt to check or she guesses anyway.

”Ok this is going to be the last time I check my email for the day” she said to herself,” I am even crazy to think that Nick Carter is even going to acknowledge me” she logged into her email,” Holy shit!” she yelled,” Well I am glad I decided to check my mail again” she couldn’t believe it he responded to her. But was it the ‘real’ Nick Carter or was it just someone pretending to be him? How was she supposed to know? But something told her otherwise. She opened the email and she could feel her heart starting to pound harder and harder ad her computer took what seemed like forever and a day just for the email to load up.

Kaylee,

I know you weren’t expecting an email from me, But I am doing this without Kevin knowing so if you talk to him I didn’t do it! Hehe.

Anyway, when you told me what you were going through I just knew I had to write you. I guess I feel bad for you. But I also think you are one courageous woman. You are bringing a little life into this world all by yourself. You may not have any help, but you’ll always have us. Even though I guess we are far apart and we will probably never meet in this lifetime. But I would just like to say you’ll never be alone in this world. I know the guys would say the same thing.

And about your ‘friend’ or ‘sperm donor’ I think would be more suitable for him now. As your song says listen I mean it there’s nothing that he’s worthy of he’s just another playa, playing in the name of love I’ve seen enough now this must come to an end…get another boyfriend see you aren’t the only one hehe…anyway…

Now I usually don’t do this…ok you got me I NEVER do this I am emailing you from my personal email. No one other than the guys, my family and some management knows it. You are the lucky first. But if you ever need to just ‘talk’ or if you just need a friend I am here for you. Even though we don’t really “know” each other I think we can relate to one another somehow and someway.

Love,
Nick

Kaylee screamed like a little school girl. She never thought in a million years she would get the chance of a lifetime to talk to Nick Carter and not to mention have his personal email address. But she realized that Nick was right she is a courageous young woman bringing someone so small into this world is one amazing thing. And she couldn’t wait for the big day to arrive. But she now knew she wasn’t alone in this world. But she had one of the greatest people alive on her side even though only one of the five knows about her situation they will know in spirit.

+++++++

”Yo, Nick you’ve been paying real close attention to that damn computer” his band mate AJ said.

”Yeah so got a problem with it?” Nick snapped back.

”Jeez what crawled up your ass and died?”

”Nothing dude”

”You are hiding something aren’t you Nick?”

”No…why do you think I am?”

”Nick you’ve always been a bad liar ever since you were thirteen. Brian! Get in here Nicky boy is hiding something and he won’t tell me” AJ yelled. Brian soon came into the room.

”AJ just leave him alone. You are tattling on him. Sometimes I wonder if you are Baylee aren’t related.” Brian lightly chuckled,” And plus if it was something big I think we would have heard about it by now on the news or something” Brian said as he stuck up for Nick.

”Thank you Rok”

”I still think he is hiding something but I guess I am the only one who apparently sees it theses days” AJ huffed and walked out of the room. Brian went and sat down next to his buddy.

”What is it Nick? I know you did something but I know you’d rather talk to me about it” Brian said. Nick hesitated to even answer. He didn’t know exactly how Brian was going to take it. He hated the fact these guys can tell when he has done something that he probably shouldn’t have done in the first place.

”You know how Kevin always says never answer your emails?”

”Yes why? You did, didn’t you?” Nick nodded his head,” Why? And there better be a good explanation for it this time Nick. The last one was just stupid of you”

”I’ll let you read it. I have it saved. I don’t know exactly why I did it, but I guess I just felt something. It just all the sudden came over me. I couldn’t help it and plus I only started to read my emails cause I got bored just sitting around and doing nothing. But I don’t know Frick you just have to read it” Nick logged onto his laptop and let Brian read the email that Kaylee had sent to them.

”Ok I understand Nicky. It makes perfect sense. But maybe we can help her out. We could bring her out to a show or something. Don’t worry ok. I’ll explain everything to the rest of the guys. But please don’t get yourself into any trouble. I think I have bailed your ass out enough times now with the girl problems” Brian laughed.

”Ok Brian…it’s a deal. And thank you, you always seem to understand these kinds of things”

”Your welcome” Brian walked out of the room.

”That went better than I had expected. He was just glad it was Brian and not Kevin. But how was he going to continue a friendship with a fan just via-email? This was going to be a challenge.
Chapter Three by Carter
Throughout the weeks and weeks of talking to one another via email it was finally time to meet face to face. Brian had explained everything to the rest of the guys and they were somewhat understandable of the whole situation. Even though Kevin understood it didn’t mean he liked the idea Nick got the lecture whether he really wanted it or not. Although it didn’t bother Nick too much Kaylee was going to be coming to one of their shows in California. Nick was nervous of course what would you say to someone that you’ve never met before? Especially since she is a fan of your work and not to mention she is pregnant and there is no one to help her, but herself. Nick had asked Brian to come with him to the airport to go and get Kaylee.


”Nick you seem nervous there buddy. You ok?” Brian asked Nick who sat in the driver seat.


”Yeah, I guess I am just a little nervous. I am just worried of what to say really I mean I don’t really need to introduce myself its kind of obvious who I am”


”Yeah, I guess that’s understandable I am sure you will think of something Nick. You always do. I feel like I am giving my son a lecture about going on a first date” Brian chuckled.


”Shut up Rok”


==================================


Nick and Brian sat down at the airport Nick felt even sillier holding up a sign saying “Kaylee Wilson and baby on board”…it was Brian’s idea of course. Every girl that came through so far wasn’t her. Nick couldn’t help, but wonder if she had even got on the plane to come and see him. Soon a young girl around 5’2” or so with strawberry blonde hair and green eyes approached him.


”I can’t believe I am finally meeting you. Then again I only wrote you an email and you kind of did the rest” she smiled.


”The feeling is mutual. I think the guys are excited too. Well I guess Brian could answer that question better than I can. I am the one who got the lecture for even replying to that email”


”We are all happy you are visiting us its not every day Nick responds to an email and we get to meet fans face to face like this. I am glad you came. I believe Nicky here is glad you’re here as well” Brian said welcoming her into a hug.


”Thank you Brian although I was hoping to meet that little tike of yours”


”You will he’ll be there tonight. You’ll get to meet Leighanne too. She is a good person to talk to about being pregnant she’ll give you advice”


”Cool thank you”


”Well why don’t we get going? We have to be at rehearsal in like an hour and a half and if we are late Brian and I will be in deep shit. Kevin will kill us” Nick said grabbing her bags.


”Ok I am tired anyway…I just want to sit down for awhile anyway” Nick was excited about this new experience that was about to happen. He was looking forward to this experience and he knew he was about to go on a ride of his life.

Chapter Four by Carter
Author's Notes:
I wrote this at like midnight so if some stuff doesn't make sense I am sorry it was late and I knew I needed to get another chapter out soon.
Nick parked the car at the venue. He now felt a little more comfortable around Kaylee than he did before at the airport. He looked back in his mirror before he got out and saw a smile appear on her face while she looked out the window of his SUV, and this was just no ordinary smile to Nick, this was a smile that he had never seen on anyone before. All Nick could do was just smile to himself. Kaylee got out of the SUV and so did Brian and then Nick followed.


”Do you think Kev is going to kill us? We’re five minutes late” Nick asked his buddy.


”Good question…let’s go in and find out, but something tells me he isn’t going to be too mad” Brian, Nick and Kaylee walked into the venue and saw the three remaining band members going over their parts.


”Well look who decided to come in late” AJ said.


”Shut up J it’s only like 5 minutes” Brian replied. Kaylee just stood there and couldn’t believe what was in front of her, her idols, her love of the past eight years standing right in front of her.


”Oh shit! I almost forgot hey guys this is Kaylee Wilson we had to go pick her up from the airport I thought I told you guys?” Nick questioned.


”You did I just felt like giving you guys some shit that’s all” AJ jumped down from the stage and walked over to Kaylee and gave her a hug,” It’s finally good to meet the girl who had taken over Nicky’s heart. I don’t think I have ever seen him so happy and alive” Nick smacked AJ on the arm,” Hey it’s the truth Nick”


”Yeah, yeah I feel the same as I always have J don’t exaggerate it and make it all pretty and fluffy” Kaylee thought it was cute the way Nick was trying his hardest to defend himself, but seemed to only dig himself into a deeper hole.


”Awe how cute, you are so adorable when you get all defensive” Kaylee said, Nick could only blush.


”Gee, thanks I guess? I am just feelin the love today”


”Oh but you are very much are by millions of screaming teenagers from around the world,” she laughed.


”Yeah and you’re one of them.” Just when Kaylee was going to make a remark to Nick’s last comment Brian came over with Leighanne and his son Baylee.


”Kaylee I want you to meet Leighanne and my son”


”Oh my gosh he is so much cutter in person” Kaylee couldn’t help but say it she couldn’t resist a cute kid who couldn’t?


”Yeah I know everyone seems to say that, but he is my son so I think he is cute no matter what” Brian said as he picked up his pride and joy.


”Come on guys stop playin around out there and get up here! We don’t have very much time until the show starts” Kevin said into the microphone.


”Well I think we’re being pages I guess we’d better get up there” AJ said.


”Yeah I guess you’re right we all know how Kev gets when something isn’t going well” Brian replied as he gave his son and wife a kiss and then the three boys ran up on stage and left Kaylee with Leighanne and little Baylee.


”So how far along are you? I remember Brian telling me little details about some mysterious girl Nick was like madly in love with or something and he mentioned she was pregnant” Leighanne turned to Kaylee and said.


”Three months not very far I know. It feels really weird I don’t know how to really explain it nor to really deal with it I guess it doesn’t help when the father just picked up and left me I had no one else to really turn to and that’s when I wrote Nick. I wasn’t even expecting anything back, but he did” Kaylee said in return. She just stood there and almost spilled her entire life out to someone she doesn’t even know.


”When I first found out Brian and I was going to be parents believe me we were both scared. We had never been parents I mean my sister has kids and Brian’s brother Harold has kids, but us? We didn’t think anything of it. We had always been around little children during family events. Now that we have Baylee its wonderful we couldn’t imagine not having him, and if you need anything don’t hesitate to call I have a feeling you’re a keeper in Nick’s mind” Leighanne said to Kaylee hoping to reassure her everything was going to be ok.


”Thank you I feel a litter better I guess being scared is just a “normal” thing I mean Nick is amazing everyone told me to find someone but I never expected this”


”Just go with the flow…sometimes the unexpected is always a good thing, and if it works than it works, and if it doesn’t than it doesn’t. I have been with these guys long enough to know how their little minds work and believe me you’re a hit already at least in Nick’s eyes and that’s all that matters” Kaylee couldn’t believe this was happening her now sitting there with Leighanne, a Backstreet Boys wife, talking about babies and then having an actual relationship with the Nick Carter. It was all happening too fast, but this was feeling right something about this whole experience so far was just feeling right to her. She didn’t know where this would take her and her unborn child, but somehow she knew everything was going to be ok.

Chapter Five by Carter
Author's Notes:
I just want to say thank you for all the reviews! I am so greatful this story is coming so good together I feel like I finally found the perfect storyline :)
Later on in the evening the show was about to begin. Kaylee couldn’t be any more excited then she already was. She had been to many Backstreet concerts, but this one was special. She was like their guest of honor; it kept going through her mind.


”How can a girl like me become a guest of honor for the Backstreet Boys? How is that possible? I am just an average girl, or an average fan for that matter. This is all surreal to me. I would have never expected this in a lifetime maybe if I had written a letter like that a lot sooner?” she questioned herself. She was still taking it all in…front row seats and the seat even had her name on it- Kaylee Wilson,” Is this really happening to me? Am I really at a Backstreet concert? I have to be dreaming. I wish somebody would just pinch me!” she screamed in her head and then suddenly the lights went out she knew the show was about to begin. All Kaylee could do was look around and heard all the screaming fans with signs and posters saying ‘I Love You Nick’, ‘Marry Me AJ’, and even one said,’ I’m Legal’. She had been to many before, but for some reason she wasn’t one of those screaming fans just yet there was just something different and she couldn’t quite figure it out, but Kaylee soon realized this wasn’t a dream, it was more of a dream coming true. She knew none of these girls would have the chance of a lifetime like she is, but why did Nick pick her? There are so many other girls out there, but her? Ws he getting tired of the ‘one night stand’ thing and was he finally ready to settle down had have a family?


”Why did he pick me?” She questioned herself yet once more as the boys opened up with “The Call”,”There are like a million other girls in the world I may be pretty now, but what will Nick think of me when I am further along? Will he just dump me and find someone new? Can Nick Carter really take me on?” Kaylee soon was beginning to feel stressed. She didn’t know why, but she knew she was. After just a couple of songs Kaylee was feeling much better now. The soothing sounds of the boys singing made her feel more comfortable in her surroundings.


”Hey y’all! What’s up!!!” Nick screamed into the microphone,” Well I would personally like to take this time and thank each and every one of you for coming out tonight. I know we’ve been gone for what seems like a million years, but we are back and better than ever. The guys and I are glad to be back on the music scene and ready to kick some butt…but I also wanted to take some time and introduce a young girl out there today.” Kaylee looked at Nick and blushed.


”He’s not going to bring me up there is he? I swear if he does he’ll get it later,” Kaylee thought to herself as Nick inched closer and closer to the edge of the stage.


”You see this girl wrote me a letter a couple of months ago and the guys and I would like to dedicate a song to her right now…its an oldie so lets see if y’all can figure it out” Nick smiled at Kaylee and then ran back to the rest of the guys. Kaylee was relieved that Nick hadn’t mentioned her name or pointed her out.


”Maybe Nick really does have this undying thing for me but why won’t he just tell me?” and soon the cords of “All I Have To Give” came on and the fans seemed to scream louder.


I don't know what he does to make you cry
But I'll be there to make you smile
I don't have a fancy car
To get to you I'd walk a thousand miles
I don't care if he buys you nice things
Does his gifts come from the heart ? - I don't know...
But if you were my girl...
I'd make it so we'd never be apart


Nick knew by doing this maybe it would show Kaylee how he really felt….he couldn’t just come out and tell her, nor did he want too, he wanted to show it. So he thought to himself maybe if he sang a special song just for her she would understand that she wasn’t going anywhere. This was how he truly felt about her.


But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you... but
Love is all I have to give


Kaylee saw that Nick paid real close attention to her only. He didn’t care about the dance moves he just wanted to make sure she was looking at him. She kept a close eye and also wondered throughout the rest of the guys too, but noticed that Kevin was somewhat perturbed about Nick singing this specific song. Did Kevin not like her? Why wouldn’t he like her? She didn’t do anything to him did she?


When you talk, does it seem like he's not
Even listening to a word you say?
That's ok babe, just tell me your problems
I'll try my best to kiss them all away...
Does he leave when you need him the most?
Does his friends get all your time?
Baby please, I'm on my knees
Praying for the day that you'll be mine


But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you... but
Love is all I have to give


The song was almost over and Nick was starting to notice that Kaylee was starting to get the picture, but he also realized Kaylee was thinking real hard about something and he couldn’t help but wonder. Was she not feeling the same way he was? Or was there something else on her mind that he didn’t know about? He was beginning to be confused himself.


To you... Hey girl, I don't want you to cry no more - inside
All the money in the world could never add up to the love
I have inside...
I love you


And I will give it to you
All I can give, all I can give
Everything I have is for you
But love is all I have to give


But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you... but
Love is all I have to give


Kaylee soon knew Nick wasn’t joking around and he was being serious about this whole relationship thing, but why didn’t he just tell her? And why was Kevin acting weird as well?


========


After the show Kaylee met the boys backstage.


”So how’d you like the show?” Nick asked as he gave her a hug.


”Wonderful as usual…I was so worried you were going to like point me out…don’t ever do that again!” she exclaimed with a smirk on her face Nick couldn’t help but smile back,” Although I am curious do you really feel like that?”


”Like what?”


”Like the lyrics in the song. You know the song you dedicated to me?” Kaylee didn’t know if Nick was playing stupid blonde or he really didn’t know what she was talking about.


”Well duh if I didn’t I wouldn’t have dedicated it to you. But we’ll talk later ok? I gotta go and talk to Bri about something real quick” Nick ran off to talk to Brian and then Leighanne came walking up next to her.


”See I told you, you were going to be sticking around for awhile,” Leighanne smiled and then headed off in the other direction. Kaylee still couldn’t help but wonder if this was for real or if Nick was just going to leave when she became fat? But then if this wasn’t for real he wouldn’t have sang a song to her in front of thousands of fans, but the question is was this just an act? Kaylee could only wonder.

Chapter Six by Carter
Author's Notes:
I am sorry if there are a lot of grammatical mistakes for some reason or another it wouldnt let me copy and paste this chapter it's being stupid lol. Also, the story got a title change....sorry for the confusion. I decided to change it after listening to the song last night.
Kaylee woke up early the next morning. She stretched out her legs and looked over at the table in her room and saw a dozen roses sitting there. She climbed out of bed and walked over to the table and smelt the roses.


”Hmmm the smell of roses in the morning” she commented to herself and then read the card.


Meet me at ten o'clock downstairs-Nick


Kaylee could only smile.


"What was he planning that I didn't know about? God only knows" She said to herself as she looked at the clock," Nine I guess I probably should get dressed." Kaylee went to her suitcase and pulled out her jeans, a baggy T-shirt and put her hair in a messy ponytail and headed downstairs.


****


Ten o'clock came around and Nick was there right on the dot.


"You got my present" he smiled.


"Yes I did...thank you I apperciate it"


"It's no problem. A beautiful woman like you deserves everything in the world."Kaylee blushed. No one had ever been this nice, or this romantic- not even Mr. Sperm Donor himself," Come on let's go" Nick took her by the hand and they walked out of the hotel and got into a car waiting outside.


The driver drove them to a resturant just outside of town.


"Nick why are we going to a resturant so early for?" Kaylee asked.


"Well we have a show tonight so I figured we can't do dinner so I thought why not a brunch?"


"Nick you are so sweet." Nick smiled. He didn't know what it was, but he was falling for this girl. He didn't know a thing about her, and yet he was in love with her. She was a fan how could he have fallen for a fan? But she doesn't treat him like all the other girls do. She treated him like he was a normal person; something he had wanted for so long was finally coming true. He had finally found someone who was going to love him for him and not take him for granted. Kaylee was not like the other girls, and he knew that.


"Well thank you my lady. I thought we could spend some time together since you are here for awhile and well we couldn't do this yesterday so why not today?"


"Well this is very thoughtful Nick, thank you. But can I ask you a question though?"


"Sure" Kaylee took in a deep breath she wanted to know why her? Why did Nick pick her? Why did he read that email?


"Why me?"


"Why you?


"Yes why me? There are millions of other girls out there, but why me? I am pregnant and all I did was just write a letter. What attracted you to that email I guess it's just weird to me. I am here with you and last night you dedicated a song to me. I guess I am confused Leighanne told me not to, but I am. And I feel like Kevin doesn't like me..."


"Hey chill out," Nick interrupted," When I read that email I felt a whirlwind of emotion I cannot describe it, and that's the honest truth. I read that email over and over again you are one courageous woman bringing such a wonderful little miricale into this world all by yourself, and I admire that. You also aren't afraid to be yourself even though you have a big haul ahead of you, you still seem to push forward no matter what comes your way. This is the first time in my life I feel like I have been treated with respect and you see me for me not the Backstreet Boy, but me Nick Carter. You don't care who I am you just want someone to talk to. I guess me being a famous pop-star is just a bonus," Nick spilled the beans to Kaylee. He knew this question was going to come up sooner or later, but he is glad he got it all out. He had wanted to say it for so long, but he didn't know how to say it and when the right time to say it was," And as for Kevin don't worry about it. He has always been this way since who knows when. So many girls have hurt me and he doesn't like it when I am depressed. I am his "little brother" and he is just trying to protect me. He'll grow to love you, I promise" Nick explained. Nick didn't blame Kaylee for wondering about Kevin. Kevin just hated when a girl left him because he wasn't dishing out enough money to them, or not enough gifts for them.


Kaylee just sat there and listened to Nick talk. She couldn't believe that he really did feel something for her, and he's only known her for a few short months. Kaylee wasn't confused anymore she now knew the truth about Nick's feelings, and she couldn't be happier.


"Kaylee? Earth to Kaylee?" Nick waved his hand in front of her face.


"Oh sorry Nick...I guess I was just intensly listening to you. I am not so confused anymore. I am just glad I know your true feelings. Brian and Leighanne told me how you felt, but I wanted to hear it from you face to face. I guess I am just happy with the results" Nick just smiled and then leaned in and kissed Kaylee for the first time. He couldn't help himself the moment was right. They both knew this may be the begining of an amazing relationship, but the question is was Nick ready for one?

Chapter Seven by Carter
Author's Notes:
I think the story is just starting to take shape. I haven't decided exactly what I want to have happen, but it's coming I promise. I think I am going to throw a twist in there somewhere, but you'll just have to keep reading to find out what it is ;) And thanks again for all the reviews!
Later on in the week Kaylee and Nick have grown closer together. Everyone has noticed Nick has acted completely different since Kaylee has been on the tour. The other guys are amazed that Nick is ready for such a huge jump in life, and this was especially coming from Kevin. He invited Kaylee to have lunch with him so they could talk, which means more than likely a lecture was bound to happen.


Kaylee met Kevin at a little restaurant down the street from their hotel they were staying at.


”Hey Kev” she hugged him.


”Hey! I am glad you could make it,” he smiled,” I know you are probably wondering why I asked you here.”


”Yeah, I guess I was a little confused, but it’s all good as long as I don’t miss my shopping spree for clothes with Leighanne” she laughed. Kevin just slightly smiled,” Is something bothering you Kev?” she asked.


”Well I brought you here because well I don’t me to sound rude or anything, but what is exactly going on with you and Nickolas? He is like a completely different man. He just meets someone out of the blue by an email and she comes here on tour with us and now he is different. What in the world is going on?” Kevin demanded.


”We’re just friends, nothing more. All I did was just write a letter to Nick basically spilling out my entire life story to him not expecting to get anything back and I did. Nick is the one who responded to my email. Nick is the one who suggested I come here with a little help from Brian. I am sorry if Nick has changed. Did you ever think maybe he has grown up?” Kaylee snapped,” You know that does happen, and even if Nick and I did hook up or whatever what is it to you? Do you think I am just going to leave him out of the blue and say I hit him like Paris did? I don’t understand what is so wrong with me?” Kevin was a little surprised by the outburst from Kaylee. He understood she meant well, but he just wanted to know the truth.


”I am sorry you feel this way Kaylee I had no idea. I just wanted to know the truth between you and Nick he is like my brother. You should know that since you are a fan in all. He has been hurt so many times before and I can’t let him go through another one. The one with Paris just completely tore him apart I hated seeing him the way he was. From that day on I promised myself I wouldn’t let Nick get hurt again, I know it sounds bad, but it’s the truth. Again, I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable in away way, but I just wanted to know the truth. But while we are on the subject I have no problem with you staying, stay as long as you like. Nickolas needs someone around to talk to and I think I would rather have you than anybody else.” Kevin explained. Kaylee realized Nick had been right. Kevin was only looking out for him and didn’t want to see his younger brother get hurt, but now she finally knows Kevin doesn’t hate her.


”Thanks Kev I am sorry if I got a little snappy” she apologized. Kaylee looked down at her watch and saw what time it was,” Hey Kev I gotta meet Leighanne. Thanks for lunch…or what was supposed to be lunch anyway. We should do this again sometime,” she said getting up from her seat.


”Its no problem….yeah I think we should do this again. Have fun with Leighanne she loves to shop.” Kevin said as he got up from his seat as well and gave Kaylee a hug.


+++++++


Kaylee arrived at the mall where she was going to be meeting Leighanne. Kaylee decided to sit down at a near by bench. She was looking forward to already shopping for her little bundle of joy even though she didn’t know the sex quite yet it was still fun to shop. Kaylee soon saw Leighanne and Baylee come walking through the doors of the mall.


”Hey how’d your lunch go with Kevin?” she asked as she gave Kaylee a hug.


”Fine, he tried to give me a lecture of some sort, but then I like snapped at him and he explained himself, and Nick was right Kevin eventually did grow on me he was just looking out for his younger brother. He likes me he just didn’t want to see Nick get hurt again,” Kaylee responded.


”That’s Kevin for you…looking out for his younger brothers. Every new girl someone brought to meet the rest of the guys was like a job interview. I even got the job interview from Kevin so you aren’t the only one. How about we walk and talk?” Leighanne put Baylee back in the stroller and they started walking down the mall. Kaylee was much happier to know that she wasn’t the only one to get a so-called “job interview” from Kevin.


”Leigh can I ask you a question?”


”Sure”


”Nick told me to make a doctor appointment while we were here well I did and he won’t be able to go tomorrow because they have an interview and I was wondering if you would go with me?”


”I’d be honored”


”I am so glad you said yes. I am so scared about it for some reason. I haven’t been to one in over a month and this is just driving me crazy, and plus I didn’t want to go by myself. Also, Nick asked me to move in with him and I haven’t given him an answer yet. Is that weird? I mean we aren’t even dating and he wants me to live with him. Really does that seem weird to you?” Leighanne sighed and then smiled.


”No, it makes perfect sense. He wants to take care of you Kay. He wants to be with you. I have seen the way he looks at you I have never seen him look at other girls the way he looks at you. Somehow you have won his heart. I’d say go for it if I were you. Look at it this way you can finally get out of your parents’ house” Leighanne said She was right what did she have to lose?


”Do you really think Nick is ready to take this on?” Leighanne could only smile.


”Can I tell you a secret? Brian doesn’t even know I know this one.” Kaylee nodded,” I overheard Brian and Nick talking the other night and he told Brian he was ready for whatever came his way. He was finally at a time in his life where he wanted to settle down with someone and start a family. He is finally happy with his life and he owes it all to you” Kaylee couldn’t help but smile. Nick Carter was in love with her, but she didn’t know if she felt the same way. She knows she “loves” him, but in an entirely different way. Could she ever love Nick the way she loves the father of her unborn child?

Chapter Eight by Carter
Author's Notes:
I am taking name requests for the little baby, but I am not telling you if it is going to be a boy or a girl so if you want to add a name either add a boy or a girl name or add both...and the most creative one will be the bundle of joy's name, but just remember to review and add the name there :)
The next day Kaylee and Leighanne were off to the doctor’s office. Kaylee had been up all night she was so nervous about the doctor appointment. She was also up all night figuring how she was going to tell Nick her true feelings. She wanted to stay with him, but then again she didn’t she was still in love with her so-called sperm donor. But how can you be in love with someone who doesn’t even exist? There are no phone calls and not even a simple letter asking how she is doing, yet there was still that feeling in her heart.


”You seem to be thinking really hard about something Kaylee”


”Why do you say that?”


”You’re so quiet. I have never seen you this quiet before. What’s on your mind? And don’t say you’re worried about the doctor appointment,” How was it that everyone could read her like a book? She knew Leighanne was waiting for an answer, but how do you just come out and say it?


”Is it normal not to love someone back when you know they love you?”


”What do you mean?”


”I know Nick loves me, I love him, but not in the same way. I still have that feeling for the baby’s father. I want to get rid of it, really I do, but I don’t know how too.” She said spilling the beans.


”That’s common how can you not think about it? You’re carrying his child. He’ll always be apart of you whether you want him to be or not. Both of you made him or her. I think in time you’ll soon get over him and you’ll move on. I am really trying not to tell you what to do, but you have someone who is going to treat you right, ad who isn’t going to just get up and leave you. He’ll stay he’s a good man,” Leighanne said. Kaylee sighed. She knew Leighanne was right, but how long was it going to take to get over him and move on?,” We’re here” Leighanne parked the car and they gout out,” Oh! Don’t worry about the doctor appointment I am sure the baby is fine. Its normal to feel nervous especially when you don’t know what is going on inside of you. Just worry when you don’t start to feel him or her kick, but that’s not for awhile, but let me tell you when you first feel it, it’s one hell of a feeling,” Leighanne said.


”Thanks I feel a little better I guess.” They both walked into the clinic,” Yes I have an appointment today at eleven o’clock”


”Name and I need to see your medical card”


”My name is Kaylee Wilson” she said handing the nurse her medical card.


”The doctor will see you soon”


”So have you decided if you are going to move in with Nick or not? For some reason he keeps asking me if I know anything,” she said as she sat down.


”No I haven’t. I have been racking my brain though. I really want too, but the thing with the sperm donor has just got me all confused I guess.”


”What’s his real name? You keep calling him a sperm donor”


”Sorry it’s Justin I guess I can’t help but call him that”


”Its ok have you gotten anything from him like a phone call or something? I think he would at least want to know how you and baby are doing,” Kaylee shook her head,” What a prick” she said.


”Yeah, I know. I guess I can’t help but hope he comes waltzing back into my life. Even though I know he isn’t I can’t help but think of it.”


”Again, I am trying not to tell you what to do but I think it’s time for you to move on. You’re already like family to us and I would hate to see you leave. You are apart of the Backstreet Family now and so you don’t have any choice but to stay.” Leighanne laughed,” You just can’t and spare us the pains of having to listen to Nick complain and whine that you aren’t around. He’ll give Kevin a headache and you don’t want to be there when Kevin has a major headache.”


”Kaylee Wilson” they called her name. Kaylee and Leighanne got up and went into the back to the room,” Here you will need to pee in a cup.” The nurse said.


”Yay for me” she sarcastically said.


”Get used to it. You’ll be doing it every time you come in for a visit. But before we take your blood pressure we need to go and check your height and weight.” Kaylee couldn’t help but think of what Leighanne had said; maybe it was time to move on from Justin. She has more things to worry about. She figured if he really wanted to be with her he would be here instead of Leighanne. But she is with a Backstreet Boy and not Justin. Kaylee went back into the room and waited for the doctor, just when Kaylee was about to ask Leighanne a question there was a knock on the door.


”Come in” the doctor walked in.


”Hello Kaylee I am Dr. Weaver and I will be your doctor for the next 5 months or so. Why don’t we check you out some more? I reviewed your test results from your last doctor and it looks like you about four months a long. We’re going to do an ultrasound just to confirm that though and you may even get to get a sneak peak at the sex of your baby as well. But first let’s lay you back and see if we can hear a heartbeat” Kaylee laid down on the bed and the doctor lifted up her shirt and put a cold jelly like substance on her belly. The doctor grabbed the Doppler and started to move it around and then there it was…her unborn baby’s heartbeat. Something just came over Kaylee and he started to cry.


”Are you ok?” Leighanne asked,” A happy cry right?” Kaylee nodded.


”The baby sounds fine. Let me wipe you off and then get you an appointment for an ultrasound and your next appointment for next month as well.” The doctor left the room.


”Man, I wish Nick could have been here. I think he would have loved this,” Kaylee said.


”I am sure…see you should just go for him Kaylee…he is go looking forward to this baby thing. You know the other day when I was shopping at Wal-Mart Nick wanted to come I caught him looking a little girl clothes.” She laughed.


”Girl clothes? Well we’ll see about that huh? I can’t thank you enough for coming” Kaylee got down from the bed and gave Leighanne a hug.


”Your welcome” the doctor peaked in and handed her two pieces of paper.


”Just go to the front desk and hand them that and get set up for your next appointment.” As Kaylee walked out of the room she couldn’t believe she had heard her unborn child. It was something amazing and something that will change her life forever. Now she just has to decide whether she wants to move in with Nick or not.

Chapter Nine by Carter
Author's Notes:
I am sorry it has taken so long to get this out...thank you all for being so patient when it came to this story. As most of you know Lucas has arrived and is now a month old and I finally got a chapter written. I promise the next chapter will be longer and in the next chapter we get to find out the sex of the baby :) And I have decided to add a little twist to the story ;)
Nick sat at the table looking at Kaylee wondering what she was thinking. He wondered if he’d done something wrong she’s been quiet but he assumed it was the whole hormone thing.


”Kaylee I am sorry if I keep asking you but are you ok? I mean you haven’t exactly been acting yourself lately. I am just worried about you.” He said. Kaylee looked up from her plate of food and smiled. She knew she had to express her feelings to Nick just like Leighanne has said earlier on in the week, but how?


”You’re so sweet Nick but I am fine. I have just been doing a lot of thinking lately that’s all”


“Oh yeah, about what?” Nick could only hope she had decided to move in with him.


”I didn’t tell you this, but Justin called me the other day,” she said and Nick’s heart just dropped he knew this was going to happen….he fell for yet another girl and it ends up like the Paris situation where it doesn’t work out and he is left with no one,” He wanted me to move in with him and I turned him down. I let him know that I moved on and believe me I let him have it. All these hormones have got me going crazy I tell you. But anyway what I have been thinking about is…is your offer still available?” Nick sighed and then smiled.


”Are you sure you can handle this?” Kaylee laughed and then nodded,” Well the of course!” Nick got up from the table and walked over to Kaylee and kissed the top of her head,” I couldn’t imagine you not here you and the baby mean so much to me I don’t know what I would do without you”


”Can I ask you a question?”


”Shoot”


”What made you want to respond to my email?”


”Honestly? I cannot tell you. I just felt something it was almost like there was something or someone telling me to respond to you and I thank the Lord every day I did”


“Are you serious? I mean like are you ready to settle down and especially with someone you hardly even know and who is pregnant with someone else’s child?”


”No one knows this, but I have been wanting to settle down for a while now and I don’t care that you are pregnant by some other guy…he or she has plenty of father figures or I guess uncles around here to go around, every time I see Brian with Leighanne and Baylee it makes me jealous. I can’t help, but want that. Its something that I have wanted for so long and now I feel like I have finally found the chance to have it. You don’t care about my fame and fortune all you care about is me.” Kaylee couldn’t resist it any longer she kissed him….she wanted someone to love and someone who was going to care for her.


”Nick I love you its taken me forever to say it I know, but after what you just said I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else and not to mention being a father to someone else’s child….its a big responsibility you up for it?” Nick flashed the famous Carter smile and nodded the two shared another kiss and Nick couldn’t help but put his hand on her belly he finally had something he has been wanting for so long-a family.

Chapter Ten by Carter
Author's Notes:
I know I told y'all that you were going to see what the sex of the baby was well I LIED! But I promise it will be in the next chapter. I decided to add one of the many twists in the story in this chapter.
Nick couldn’t have been more excited today…he was going to go to the ultrasound and see the baby that could be his future child. No one could contain Nick- not even Brian.


“Dude, like chill you’re driving everyone crazy. I know you get to see an ultrasound but just chill before Kevin flips a lid” Brian said.


”Hey! I remember you being just as annoying before you saw Baylee in an ultrasound so why can I be like this?”


”Fine, you got me. So how are things with you and Kaylee anyway? Every time I try and ask Leighanne she keeps telling me its none of my business, she acts like we talk about your sex life twenty-four seven.” Nick couldn’t help but laugh. Leighanne always loved keeping things from Brian especially when it came to him and Kaylee.


”Well I guess if you want to know its going perfect! We couldn’t be more happier its like everything is finally fitting into place with my life you know? I think I have finally found my match Brian. Just seeing her with my family and with you guys it makes me love her even more every day and just knowing there is a little child growing inside of her I get all happy and giddy and I just cannot contain myself.” Brian sighed and then smiled that is exactly how he felt when he first met Leighanne on the set of As Long As You Love Me. It was that feeling of finally finding someone you love so much and you don’t understand it, but you just know it’s your one true love. He knew that Nick has wanted a family for so long and now he finally has a chance…he is just afraid his hopes are going to get crushed.


”Just don’t get your hopes up Nick. I don’t want you to end up like the whole Paris thing where you moped around all day long in your pajama pants and did nothing”


”Frick, I know you are concerned but this is completely different than Paris, yeah I thought we were going to get married, but I made a mistake but Kaylee is special to me…more special than any girl I have ever dated. Please just trust me on this and if it blows up in my face I give you permission to say I told you so deal?”


”Deal” and they shook on it.


-------------------------------


Meanwhile Nick’s younger brother Aaron was cooking up a little scheme of his own. Aaron has always been jealous of Nick especially now that he has found his true love and Aaron is now left in the dark. No one knew the real reason why Aaron did the things he did when Nick and Paris had broken up he wanted that feeling of being with someone and being loved and not having to worry about them wanting you for your money, but he wanted so much more, but that soon fell through and he was left with no one and he was all by himself, but now that Kaylee is here he has come to the conclusion that Nick is too happy and is too in love and is taking this way too fast. He knew he had to do something and there was only one way to do that call in the big guns- the ex boyfriend Justin to win her back so Nick could go back to his normal life again instead of worrying about babies, all he had to do was figure out how he was going to plan everything all out.

Chapter Eleven by Carter
Author's Notes:
I finally got something written go me!!! Well only because Lucas was nice enough to take a nap...and I decided to write something and not play my Sims2 for once ;) hehe...and just like I promised you get to know the sex of the baby and my little surprise as well and I do have a name picked out but everybody is just going to have to wait until the baby is born to find that out hahaha...anyway please enjoy
Nick and Kaylee were at the hospital awaiting the ultrasound. It was just him and Kaylee this time around. They wanted this to be their special day even though everyone is just as excited as they were this was something they wanted to experience together.


Nick couldn’t help but stare at her; there was something just remarkably beautiful about a pregnant woman that he had found extremely attractive. Kaylee noticed that he was intently staring at her.


”Would you just stop, you know I hate it when you do that,” she smiled as she playfully hit Nick in the arm.


”What? Am I not allowed to look at you?”


”I didn’t say you couldn’t look just stop staring! It scares me” Nick didn’t stop of course he thought it was cute how it was bothering her so he kept on staring,” Nicky, I am being serious stop” she whined.


”Your no fun” Nick started to pout.


”Kaylee Wilson?” Kaylee sighed and her and Nick got up and headed back with the nurse to one of the exam rooms. Kaylee was always nervous about going into an appointment, she was always afraid of them finding something wrong with the baby. Nick noticed Kaylee looked a little uneasy and so he grabbed her hand.


”Right in here…now did you make sure you have a full bladder today?”


”Yes unfortunately I really have to go to the bathroom…I just hope I don’t pee my pants during the ultrasound,” Nick started to laugh and Kaylee smacked him,” Its not funny Nick…you try having a full bladder and someone pushing on your stomach.”


”Gee, I didn’t mean to push one of your buttons Kaylee.” Kaylee got up onto the table and laid down. She could have never imagine herself being at in this position…having a baby that is. She thought she would be married to a wonderful guy and have a job and a house, but instead she was left with nothing.


”Nick, I love you I couldn’t imagine going through this by myself. If it wasn’t for you who knows where I’d be at this very moment,” Kaylee started to cry she noticed that this was happening a lot lately just crying for no reason at all. She knew it was just her emotions running on a high some days she’d sit and wonder what her life would be like if she hadn’t written to Nick she knew she’d probably be on the streets somewhere, and then other days she thanks God for having Nick in her life. Nick leaned over and kissed the top of Kaylee’s head.


”I love you too….and you can stop trying to thank me for saving you, believe me, it wasn’t any trouble at all….I saw something about this letter and I acted upon it and look where it ended up? It ended up being something good.” They heard a knock at the door and the doctor came in.


”Hey Kaylee you seem to be looking good….I see that you are starting to get a little bump there. Now how far along are you now?”


”I think 24 weeks or something like that I can’t remember, but all I was told is we could possibly see the sex of the baby today and that’s what I would like to see.” Kaylee smiled.


”Ok well I guess we have a mission to accomplish today,” the doctor got the machine all situated and then Kaylee lifted up her shirt just far enough so the doctor could put some towels down and then came the warm jelly-like substance,” Well lets take a look…as you can see here is the back bone, and lets move downward there’s the two little feet…wait just a minute..” Kaylee started to get worried a wait just a minute isn’t exactly a good thing,” We have another baby…did you know you were having twins?” Kaylee looked surprised.


”Twins? No….when I was in last time they could hear the one heartbeat so I just assumed and I guess the doctor just assumed it was one baby, but two?”


”Yes there is defiantly two little ones in there….there is baby a…and right down there is baby b…lets see if we can accomplish our mission and see what the sex of both babies are today.” Kaylee looked at Nick and she noticed he looked a little pale. She knew he wasn’t ready for twins, but neither was she this was defiantly a surprise,” Well it looks like baby a is going to be a boy…his legs are spread out far enough to where you can see his little penis in-between and now lets see about baby b,” Kaylee was still in shock…a little boy she glanced over at Nick another time and he had a smile on his face, but she had thought he wanted a girl, but maybe Leighanne had heard it wrong,” And here I think we have a little girl…one of each…or so we know…its kind of hard to exactly tell the way she is positioned for the time being, but we will do another ultrasound later on just to kind of check up on the twins and see how they are doing and such, but now we are going to listen to the heartbeats.” One of each Kaylee was defiantly a happy pregnant woman. She had heard that having one of each was very uncommon these days, but what are the odds? “ The heartbeats look very good for how far a long they are, but we are going to bump you up to high pregnancy just to be on the safe side of things which means a lot more doctor appointments, but its only because we want you and babies to be safe. “ the doctor printed off some pictures of the babies and then turned off the machine and wiped of the jelly from Kaylee’s belly and she sat up.


”Where is the bathroom? I feel like I am going to pee my pants!”


”Its just right through there.” As Kaylee got up to go to the bathroom the doctor handed Nick the pictures of the babies. He just stared at them and couldn’t believe there were two little ones growing inside the woman he loves, he had wished they were his own, but they were only another mans. He quickly took out his razor phone and texted a message to Brian telling him he’d never guess the surprise that he had gotten at the ultrasound today and that they would swing by and show them the pictures that they had taken. Kaylee came out of the bathroom.


”Are you sure you still love me? I know you were only expecting one not two”


”More the merrier….better than having two at once than to go through this all over gain I think. By the way we are stopping by Brian’s hotel room when we get back I want to show them the pictures of the babies and I told him he’d never guess the surprise that we have for him when we get there.” Kaylee could only smile just picturing Nick as a father made her smile even more and wanting to show off his babies made it even better this was the beginning of something truly wonderful

Chapter Twelve by Carter
Author's Notes:
Yes it is finally here chapter 12 has been written! I know I said i was going to be a couple of weeks...well i got done reading a little early as well as a little planning and i sat down and decided to type something out so i hope you like it :)

After hearing the news on having twins Kaylee and Nick got into the car and were on their way to Brian’s hotel room to share the good news. Nick looked at Kaylee as she was just staring so intensely at the pictures of the babies.


“ Are you ok? You seem a little occupied?” he asked. Kaylee looked up at him.


“Yeah, I am ok…just a little surprised is all…I was expecting to be a mother to one baby not too, but I guess I am cool with that it might just take me a while to take everything in, but I know I am going to be well overjoyed when the day finally comes.” She responded,” It’s just weird knowing I have two little people growing inside of me instead of only one…and being on a high pregnancy is just going to be hard enough.”


“We’ll get through this Kaylee…you know I will always be there for you and the kids…and you also have J, D, Rok, Kev and of course Leighanne all here for you…well for us and the babies…I just love saying that…babies” Kaylee smiled, she knew Nick was right they have so many people behind them through this whole thing, but she couldn’t help but wonder what it would have been like if she didn’t have Nick and she’d be all by herself through this whole thing there’d be no Justin, no parents, just her and the two kids.“You’re just too cute you know that? Leighanne told me she caught you looking at little girl clothes at Wal-Mart…since when do you shop there?”


“I just happened to be there with Brian and Leighanne…and we were passing by baby central and I couldn’t help but look at all the clothes…its not like I bought anything I was just looking I promise, but now that I know what we’re having I will certainly have to start buying clothes and stuff.” Nick couldn’t have been more excited about having twins although he did wonder about Kaylee he knew she was excited, but she didn’t seem too thrilled about having twins, but he knows in time she’ll be thrilled it was just a lot to take in,” And I think we need to start looking at cribs and things…we should do that soon you know?”


“You know we don’t have to do everything all at once Nick. I am only 24 weeks we still have some time you know.”


“Yeah, I know, but it’s just the thought of shopping that I love…you know I am a shop-a-holic I swear sometimes I think I am just as bad as AJ.” They both laughed.


“Shopping could be fun we should try to fit that in our schedule then” she smirked. Nick started up the car and they drove out of the parking lot and they were on their way to the hotel where Brian is waiting.


----------------

Brian and Leighanne waited patiently to see what the good news was all about they had just assumed they were going to be telling them the sex of the baby. Brian soon heard a knock at the door and opened it up and there was Nick and Kaylee.


“It’s about time you got here…we have been waiting very patiently…I think Leighanne is more excited than I am she has been pacing back and forth wondering when you two were going to get here,” Brian said.


“Sorry it took longer than expected and then we had a little talk in the car before we came here.” Nick explained.


“I hope it was a good talk.” Nick nodded his head. Leighanne soon came into the room.


“You didn’t answer my text Kay…I was starting to worry. I have been pacing back and forth wondering what this good news could be can you please just spill the beans so I know what I am buying here. We have so much shopping to do!” Leighanne said.


“You know Nick was just saying the same thing in the car on the way down here. I didn’t see why shopping so early was such a big deal…I am only 24 weeks.”


“My dear you have so much to learn…even though the baby isn’t going to be here for a while its still good to shop for them and get the nursery all ready and the crib and clothes and whatever else you can think of! Believe me once I knew I was having a boy you can even ask Brian I was down at the store picking out clothes and cribs and designing the nursery…there is a lot to think about believe me. Now can I know what you are having?” Leighanne said. Kaylee smiled at Nick.


“Well how about we just show you instead of tell you? It’s quite interesting really.” Nick said as he took the pictures from Kaylee and handed them to Leighanne. She looked at the pictures and realized what the surprise was.


“Are you serious?” she asked.


“What is it? I want to know Leighanne spill the beans.” Brian said trying to look over Leighanne’s shoulders.


“Very serious.”


“Hello? Can somebody please tell me what the fuss is all about? I am feeling a little left in the dark here!” Brian exclaimed.


“They’re having twins Bri…can you believe it twins!! I am so happy for you two. The sex what are the sex of the babies?”


“ We are having one of each…a boy and a girl.” Nick said.


“See I knew you were looking at girl clothes for a reason that one time at Wal-Mart. Oh I am so glad I cannot wait to start shopping this is going to be so much fun these babies are going to be spoiled rotten!” Kaylee and Nick couldn’t help but smile at one another. They both knew twins was going to be a challenge, but a wonderful challenge at that even though Kaylee was scared about becoming a mother to twins she knew some way or another she would be okay as long as she had the ones that loved her beside her and she was lucky to have that where she is now.

Chapter Thirteen by Carter
Author's Notes:
this is kind of a short chapter sorry!

While Nick and Kaylee were celebrating having twins with Brian and Leighanne Aaron was doing a little homework of his own. He loved his brother very much, but he absolutely hated seeing him happy when Nick is happy someone always breaks his heart and then he mopes, and no matter how many times Nick reassured Aaron that Kaylee was not like all the other girls he has dated he didn’t care Aaron did not  want Nick happy. Aaron paced back and forth deciding on a master plan to break Nick and Kaylee up.

 

”I wonder how I can go about doing this?” he pondered to himself, ” I wonder if Justin knows that Nick and Kaylee are together? I wonder if I can get in contact with him. He can’t possibly be that hard to get a hold of can he?” Aaron thought some more. He knew this was going to be a very tricky situation, but he knew he could pull it off after all he is Aaron Carter. Aaron remembered Kaylee saying that Justin’s last name was Stevens and he lived in Salem, Oregon. Aaron called information to get his number he thought if he got in contact with Justin and told him what was going on maybe he’d want her back and she’d leave Nick forever. Aaron quickly jotted down the number that information gave him and hung up the phone to only end up dialing another number.


“Hello?”



“Is this Justin Stevens?”

“Yes this is…may I ask who in the hell this is?”



“That is none of your concern right now my friend…I have some information that you might want to hear about your girlfriend Kaylee Wilson.” Aaron said.



“You know where she is? I tried to call but she must have changed her number. I feel so bad for just running out on her like that I never meant to hurt her. Please tell me where she is,” Justin pleaded.



“Well she is in Orlando, Florida with a famous pop star I am surprised you haven’t seen the pictures plastered everywhere Justin its sickening I tell you…only because I know first hand on what it looks like,”

 

“A pop star? Why would anybody want to be with a pregnant woman? It boggles my mind…I would understand if it is their baby, but it’s not its mine! Just tell me your name and I will look you up when I get down there…I will be on the next flight out to Florida.” He said.



“Great! I am Aaron Carter by the way my brother Nick is the pop star she is banging.”

 

“Thanks again for the information Aaron…”  Aaron hung up the phone. He couldn’t believe that Justin was going to be down here so quickly and not to mention he still loves her and he wants to be with her, but he wondered if Kaylee felt the same way about Justin though he knew this could blow up in his face, but he wanted Kaylee to be with the father of her kids instead of Nick it was only fair to the kids that they know their real father.

 

===========

 

Back in Salem, Oregon Justin called his travel agency and got a the first flight out to Orlando, Florida he couldn’t believe she had ran away to Florida to be with some stupid pop star who probably doesn’t even care about her. He knew what he did was wrong with leaving her in all, but he was scared about becoming a father and he knows he’ll probably never be able to make it up to her, but he wants to try and make it work after all she is carrying his baby.

 

“I hope she takes me back…how could I have been so stupid to leave her in the first place to be a single mom? I told myself I would never do that to a woman, but what did I do? I left her all by herself she must be so scared,” he said aloud as he packed up a few articles of clothing and put them into a duffle bag.

On the way to the airport he couldn’t help but wonder why how this pop star got into contact with Kaylee in the first place. He soon started to wonder what his child was going to look like and what the sex was, that’s if she decided to find out. He wanted to know everything possible. He parked his car and got out and headed for his flight he couldn’t believe he was getting ready to meet Kaylee face to face since he left her just a few short months ago something that he knows he is always going to be regretting whether they get back together or not.

Chapter Fourteen by Carter
Author's Notes:

I am so proud of myself I got another chapter done :) Please R & R!!!

Nick woke up cuddling Kaylee the next morning. It had been a long night for a reason or another Kaylee was having trouble sleeping almost as if she had, had a bad dream, but refused to even talk about it. Nick tried to get her to talk about her dreams, but it never seemed to work. Nick slowly crept out of bed trying not to wake Kaylee up, but it seems as though he did anyway.


“Hey, where are you doing so early in the morning?” she asked.
“I am not going anywhere…I couldn’t sleep because you couldn’t sleep so I thought I would get up and make some breakfast and let you sleep in a little,” he responded as he softly kissed her lips.


“Yummy…breakfast can I make a small request?”


“Sure…anything you want”


“Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream…”


“Of course you pick something that I don’t even have at all…I will go to the store and pick some stuff up,” he said going into his closet and picking out some clothes.


“Nick, don’t worry about it if you don’t have the supplies its ridiculous to go to the store for just a few things…can I change my mind to French toast? I know we have tons of bread!” she shouted from the bed.


“It’s no problem really Kaylee I kind of feel like waffles myself! I will be back in a jiffy I promise.” He said giving her a quick kiss before he left the room and headed out the door.


Meanwhile Aaron and Justin were getting to know one another. Aaron was thrilled to know Justin wanted Kaylee back although this was going to be tricky after all Kaylee and Nick are in love.

“So Aaron what made you call me anyway? I have been wondering about this since I got off the phone with you.”

“I pretty much hate seeing my brother happy! The poor guy has been hurt so many times and every time he gets happy or falls in love which ever comes first they crush him…so its just easier on him if he is single…I hate seeing him mope around.” He said.


“I understand, but isn’t that kind of cruel?”


“Yeah, but I don’t know what else to do? I don’t understand why Nick would want to take full responsibility on someone else’s children…no offence. He has so much more life to live I don’t think he is ready to settle down to be honest.”


“Yeah, you have a point I just hope she wants me back. I just miss her so much I feel so horrible for even leaving her just a few short months ago I don’t even know why I left her I never went out with anybody else after I realize how big of an asshole I was I started searching for her and when her parents told me she’d moved away I couldn’t believe it I was devastated,” Justin spilled,” I have been searching forever for her and then you call and tell me she is here I am just so happy and thank you for calling me.”


“It’s not a problem. But I do have to let you know one little secret…you are having twins I think Nick was going on about it being a boy and a girl or something rather and they were going to be going shopping really soon. It’s just sickening on how excited he is,”


“Twins? Are they sure? I don’t know if I can handle that.”

“Do you want her back or not dude? Cause whether you want to admit it you are having twins!” Justin didn’t even want to think about it.


”Twins? How can this be? They don’t even run on neither of our families I was expecting one baby, but defiantly not two of them. But I really want to marry her and be with her forever and be there for my children in every which way possible.” Justin thought to himself, “So what is the plan exactly?  I mean how am I going to win her back?”


“Well I figure she still loves you in all and she is just using my brother so I just figure we’ll show up at my brothers house and she’ll miss you and leave him.” He stated.


“That’s your plan?” Aaron nodded yes,” You made me come all the way out here to Florida and you didn’t even think of a plan before I arrived?”


“It was a last minute thing I am sorry. Do you have any ideas?” Justin shook his head no,” Okay then we’ll just have to go with my plan this will work better if Nick isn’t there…so let me give him a quick jingle to see if he is at home and if he isn’t we’ll go over there now and if he is…we’ll just wait until he is gone.” Aaron pulled out his cell phone and dialed up Nicks number,” Hey dude are you home? You arent? Why am I asking…well I was just going to stop by cause I had something for you, but if you guys arent home then I will just come back at a later time…oh Kaylee is home okay then I will just drop it off with her then…but I’ll catch you later big bro I gotta go.” Aaron hung up the phone,”See…it was simple as that we’ll go over there now because Kaylee is home by herself and Nick is at the store doing some shopping I guess so he’ll be there awhile cause he’s so slow when it comes to that kind of shit,” Aaron said. Justin was just going a long with it, but Justin had plans of his own, and he wasn’t about to tell anybody about them he was just waiting for someone to call him and tell him where Kaylee was it was just a matter of time before he’d find out. He was going to make her his again no matter how long it took and no matter what it takes to get her back he will have her.


====

Back at Nick’s house Kaylee got out of bed and headed into the bathroom she turned on the shower and hopped in as she cleaned herself she noticed her first signs of stretch marks on her belly.


“I hope those go away…those are so ugly I wonder if there is away to get rid of them? I am sure Leighanne would know how to.” She said aloud to herself and then she heard the doorbell ring,” Who in the hell is that? I wasn’t expecting anybody…maybe its Nick needing some help,” she said aloud once more and got out of the shower and wrapped it around her body at which she noticed didn’t fit tightly around her belly any longer so she decided to put some clothes on,” I am coming I am so sorry…” she said as she opened the door and couldn’t believe who was standing it front of her…it certainly wasn’t Nick like she had been hoping it was…it was no other than the sperm donor himself- Justin,” What the fuck do you want asshole?”


“Kind of pissy arent we? Can we sit down and talk? “Justin asked.


“Fuck no! I have nothing to say to you Justin. You fucking left me remember? Why in the fuck would I want to talk to you? Now please get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops on your ass!” she yelled.


“Don’t worry Kaylee I’ll be back…you’ll have to talk to me at some point I know where you live now. This isn’t the last you have heard of me Kaylee,” Justin said and walked back down the steps.


“How in the hell did he find me? Who called him…who would be that mean enough and do that?” she said to herself she decided to go and look out the window and there was Aaron’s car,” What a little asshole…I knew he didn’t like me, but I didn’t think he would go this far…what a little punk,” Kaylee was furious she couldn’t believe it what was she going to do now? Most important what was she going to tell Nick? He wasn’t going to take this very lightly that’s for sure,” Maybe I should just hold off to tell Nick I know Nick is just going to beat the shit outta Aaron and possibly Justin too for even coming here…so maybe I will wait until the time is right.” Kaylee thought to herself. She had only hoped she was doing the right thing by not telling Nick.

Chapter Fifteen by Carter
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews....please continue to R & R!!!
The days turned into weeks and Kaylee still hasn’t told Nick about Justin coming to the house nor did she tell him that his own flesh and blood was behind it all, she knew it would just tear him completely apart, but she knew she had to tell him sooner or later before things get out of hand. Kaylee walked into the living room and saw Nick playing his XBOX 360 she went and sat next to him and put her head on his shoulder and sighed. He set down the controller and looked towards her.
 


“What is it?”

“We need to talk about something…and I am afraid it’s going to hurt you and I am afraid you are going to hate me for not telling you sooner.” She said.


“I don’t think I could ever hate you…you would have to do something pretty stupid for me to hate you.” He responded by giving her a kiss.


“But it’s not ME that hurt you….” Nick soon became confused.


“What do you mean it isn’t you that hurt me? Who is going to hurt me?”


“No…it’s what I am about to tell you that is going to hurt you, but it is someone very close to you.”

 

“Can you please just tell me already? You are just confusing me.” Kaylee let out a big sigh.
“Ok…again please don’t hate me. Well a couple of weeks ago remember when you went to the store to get some waffles and things?” Nick nodded his head ‘yes’,” Well right before you came over I had some visitors…but only one came to the door and the other stayed in the car I think he was hoping I wouldn’t notice him, but the man that came to the door was…it was Justin,” Nick looked surprised and mad all at the same time.


“He came here? Why did you tell me Kaylee? How in the hell did he find you…or us for that matter? And what did he want? What did you say?” he asked.

 


“Yes, he came here…and  I didn’t tell you because I can take care of it whether I am pregnant or not Nick…I know you love me and you want to protect me, but I know how to handle Justin I have done it before and I can do it again. And this is the part where its going to hurt you…your wonderful little brother Aaron was with Justin…how in the hell did Aaron get in contact with Justin and I want to know why he even called him! I told you Aaron didn’t like me Nick. And as for what he wanted? I couldn’t tell you because I told him to get the fuck out of our house and he then told me that wasn’t the last he will see of me…I know what he is capable of Nick and I seriously don’t know what to do. I am so sorry for not telling you about this sooner Nick,” she apologized.


“Apology accepted, but I don’t see why Aaron wouldn’t love you and why he doesn’t want me to be happy nothing makes sense to me. Sometimes I wonder what in the fuck is going on in that boys head.” He said,” But as for what to do next? I don’t have any clue…I really don’t want to move from this house I love it too much sometimes I hate the fact I am such a sucker for those beautiful ocean views, but maybe I can try and talk to Aaron ok?” Kaylee nodded her head in agreement. Just then the doorbell rang and they both looked at one another. Nick got up from the couch and walked to the door when he opened it he realized it was just Brian.

 

“We have nothing to worry about its just Brian Kaylee” she sighed in relief,” So what brings you here anyway? I thought I told you to call me when you found out that information,” he whispered.


“I just happened to be in the neighborhood and so I thought I would stop by…I tried calling you to let you know I was on my way over here, but you didn’t answer so I thought I’d come over anyway.” He said,” But we should go somewhere and talk privately about the you know what.”

“Hey Kaylee…Brian and I have some business to take care of so we’ll be in the den if you need us.” Nick and Brian walked into the den,” So did you look at it?” he asked.

 

“Yes I did….very beautiful Nick. I can’t believe you want to move out of this house Nick this was the first house you bought when we actually got some money and most importantly you got this house to get away from your family. Does Kaylee know you want to move?”“Nope…she doesn’t have a clue…she thinks I want to stay here forever cause of the ocean or at least that’s what I told her earlier today. Did you know my punk ass little brother called that asshole of a sperm donor and told him where we lived and I guess they showed up here a couple of weeks ago. Kaylee just told me right before you came…can you believe that? I am glad I am moving now.”


“Hmm…that seems a little odd to me to Nick, but I love the house Nick its just perfect, but why did you want me to look at it?”


“Well you have Baylee and you are a father and I figured you’d know something about what a good family home is…and I don’t want to live by the water especially if we have little kids running around I don’t want them to go running off and drown in the ocean.” He explained.

 

“I see, it looks like a wonderful family home to me…its defiantly big enough for all of you. But can I ask you a question though? Why her? You could have anyone in the entire world but you pick Kaylee.”


“She treated me completely different Brian for once in my life I wasn’t treated like some piece of meat. I was tired of girls wanting me for my money and shit and when Kaylee and I met for the first time…I knew she was just “the one” I guess I felt like this was MY time to settle down you know? I have wanted to for so long and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time I guess…or should I say I responded to the right email at the right time.”


“I understand now. I am glad you finally found someone Nick…it was about damn time…you have needed somebody for so long and I am glad Kaylee just popped up out of nowhere we all love her very much. But I just never thought I’d be a fan that’s all. So when are you going to purpose?” Nick went into the drawer and pulled out a little black box.


“I don’t know yet…but I promise you I am though I guess I just haven’t found that right time or place…knowing my luck its going to be in the delivery room while she is having the twins,” he chuckled,” But I think I am going to hold off and see how this whole Justin and Aaron thing turns out.”


“I am happy for you buddy. You’ll know when to purpose when the time is right its going to be when you least expect it. But I seriously would think about calling the realtor about that house before someone snags it from you.”  Brian stated,” Well I should be getting home Leighanne is probably wondering where I am. I was supposed to pick up some dinner and naturally I forgot so I will call you later ok? Let me know how that house goes? “Brian said as he opened the door from the den and walked out into the living room.


“Don’t worry I will…” Nick said as he followed right behind him and shutting the door to the den in the process. Brian let himself out and Nick went and sat back down on the couch next to Kaylee,


“So what did you talk about?”


“I am not telling you…it’s a surprise!”


“Nick, you know I don’t like surprises.”


“Believe me you’ll like this one.” He said kissing her. He wanted to make sure Kaylee would never forget the moment when she sees the house for the first time….he has a few more surprises up his sleeves that will just blow her away.

Chapter Sixteen by Carter
Author's Notes:
YAY! Another chapter for me..I must be on a roll or something so here is another chapter please R & R!!
The following day Nick had left for Aaron’s house he wanted an explanation on the reason for bringing Justin out to Florida. When he arrived he saw his car so he knew he was at least home, but didn’t know if Justin would be around or not. He parked his SUV and walked up to the door and just walked in.

“Yo, Aaron are you home? We need to talk!” Nick yelled.


“Yeah, I am home, but don’t you know how to fucking knock? For all you knew I could be having sex with some girl in my living room,”


“I find that very doubtful and besides it’s not like I haven’t seen you have sex in front of my face before little bro…and believe me I NEVER want to see that ever again!” Nick exclaimed.

“Oh sure you do Nick…” he chuckled, “What did you need to talk to me about?” he asked.

“Why are you trying to break me and Kaylee up? I thought you of all people would be happy for me Aaron… we are family man….what in the hell do you have against her?”

“I don’t have anything against her Nick…I personally don’t want to see you happy…every time you get happy somebody breaks your heart and then you get all moppy on me and then you go into this depression and it takes you almost a year to get over the whole situation! I think you are better off without her Nick. She is having some other guys babies…wouldn’t you want to raise your own that you created instead of someone else’s? It just makes sense Nick,” Aaron explained.

“It’s good to know you are looking out for me little bro, but you have to believe me when I say this Kaylee isn’t like Paris or like Amanda…she is a completely different person. She doesn’t care that I have millions of dollars or that I drive some sporty SUV she likes me for me…yeah she is a fan and Amanda was a fan too, but also is completely different. Its weird knowing that she is carrying some other guys’ babies, but he obviously isn’t stepping up and trying to be a good father so I am stepping in for him, those kids deserve to have a fucking father that is going to take care of them instead of running away like Justin did to Kaylee. They deserve a family Aaron…I don’t care if you can’t see it or if anybody else in the ground can’t see it…we love each other very much and we want to be together forever, and whose to say we won’t have a child of our own down the road…you act like she is getting her tubes tied or something. So can you please do me a favor as my brother and have Justin stay away from her please…she doesn’t need his bullshit!” Nick explained to Aaron some more he was only hoping Aaron would finally understand everything that was going on.
“Okay jeez I didn’t know you felt so strongly about her Nick…you haven’t exactly expressed your feelings about her to anybody other than Brian Nick…but I am sorry though I am not calling off Justin…and plus I don’t even know where he is…when I got up this morning his rental car was gone and so were his things so I am just assuming that he went back home.”


“No Aaron! He went back to my house to get Kaylee! She told me that Justin told her he was going to stop at nothing until he had her back in his life cause I guess he made a mistake or something rather and Kaylee told him to get out…if anything happens to her Aaron I am holding you fucking responsible because you are the one that showed him to my fucking house and right before I am about to move too. I just cant believe you would do this to your own flesh and blood Aaron…right now I don’t even want to speak to you anymore or see you anymore not until you understand…just remember what I said…if anything happens…its your fault!” Nick walked off and headed out the door and got into his car and sped off back to his house.

==========

 

Kaylee awoke to find Nick gone he had written a note that said he went to talk to Aaron about having Justin at his house she sighed knowing that Nick was going to have it taken care of once and for all. She put on her bathrobe and slippers and headed down the stairs and walked into the kitchen to get some coffee.

“You know I heard caffeine is bad for the baby,” Kaylee stopped dead in her tracks and then turned around.


“Justin? What in the fuck are you doing here? I thought I told you to never fucking come back here” she yelled.

“Yes, that is true, but did I also tell you I’d be back? I believe I did…”

“I don’t care Justin! We are over and done with…you left me remember? You left me high and dry as soon as I told you we were going to have a baby together. You said you weren’t ready for one.”


“I was scared”


“So? I am scared too…that is just not a good enough excuse for me Justin. I am sorry to say this, but I no longer am in love with you…part of me has to be because I am pregnant with your children, but the other part of me fucking hates your guts…so I would like it if you were to leave this house now before I call the cops and I am not afraid to do it Justin.” Kaylee said as she reached for the phone and just then Justin grabs Kaylee,” Let me go now Justin! I fucking mean it let me go! You are hurting me!” She screamed, but the louder she seemed to scream the harder his hands tightened around her arm.


“Now you listen to me Kaylee… we are going to go back to Salem and raise our kids together…you don’t need some stupid Backstreet Boy to help you….you have me…the father of your children to take care of you”


“No! I am not going back with you Justin….I don’t love you I love Nick and that is just the way it is…you should have thought about all of this when you ran away!” she shot back and then before she even realized what was going on he slapped her across the face and she landed on the floor, just when she thought it was going to get worse she heard the door bust open.

 


“POLICE! Justin Stevens if you are in here please step away from Kaylee Wilson…you are trespassing.” Justin bolted in the other direction, but didn’t get very far when a police officer caught him going out the back door and soon arrested him,” Are you ok miss? Your boyfriend called the police and told us someone was trespassing on the property.”

“Yeah, I think I am ok…or so I hope I am almost 8 months pregnant though, but I don’t feel like anything is wrong.” She said getting up from the floor.


“Don’t worry miss he won’t be bothering you anymore not only is he going away for trespassing but for hitting you as well…and it looks like he has had a few prior convictions of domestic abuse so it might have just been a matter of time before he turned on you. But we were advised to take you to the hospital no matter if you wanted to go or not…cause your boyfriend said you would say you were ok even if you were not so we have an ambulance waiting outside and your boyfriend said he would meet you there at the hospital. We just want to make sure you and the babies are ok.” The officer said as he escorted her out to the ambulance.

“Thank you officer.”

 

==========


Nick got there before the ambulance arrived he had just hoped Kaylee was ok and Justin didn’t hurt her. He wouldn’t know what to do if anything had happened to her or the babies. He saw Kaylee come through the double doors and saw the mark across her face.

“Did that bastard hit you? Are you ok? How are the babies?”


“Calm down Nick…we are all fine…he didn’t do any damage to me or our kids Nick…we are just fine,”


“She may look fine, but I think we are going to keep her here over night just to make sure the fall didn’t trigger a pre-term labor and if everything looks ok you’ll be going home tomorrow morning.” The paramedic said. Nick finally felt relieved knowing that Kaylee and the kids are going to be ok, but he had a feeling this wasn’t the last he was going to be dealing with the wrath of  Justin.

Chapter Seventeen by Carter
Author's Notes:
I kind of wanted to split this chapter up so the next part of the chapter will probably be coming tomorrow sometime so please enjoy this chapter and again PLEASE R & R!!
Kaylee came home the following day and was put on bed rest to at least her next appointment because they found she was already dilated at 32 weeks, so she is not allowed to do much of anything, but lie in bed and watch soap operas all day long.“This sucks,” she said.

“I am sorry Kaylee…I feel for you really I do even though it might not look like I do, but I truly do feel for you, but I wish I could stay here with you, but I have to go and take care of some things and then later on we are going out and it’s a surprise and I don’t care if you don’t like them you’ll just have to deal with it.” He gave the famous Carter grin and kissed her.

“Thanks Nicky...you planned this all out didn’t you? You wanted me to sit here on bed rest so now I have to wait and wonder what in the hell you are doing all day while I sit here and be a couch potato.”


“I honestly didn’t plan it out like this, but it seriously worked out in my favor that’s for sure, but I promise you’ll have fun tonight,” he kissed the top of her head.


“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise…I love you and I’ll see you in a few hours”
“Ok Nicky, I love you too.” Nick soon walked out the door.

 

Nick got into his SUV and went to his newly purchased house on the other side of town away from the ocean this was a big step for Nick he had always lived by the beach. As he drove up he saw Brian’s car in the drive way with Leighanne and Baylee as well. He parked his car and got out.


“Where’s Kaylee? I thought you were going to surprise her with the house today?” Brian asked.

“I am! But I want to set up the nursery and things before…that way she’ll be even more surprised when she sees the house. I have it all planned out in my head don’t worry.”


“Nick, I never knew you were this sweet…Kaylee is certainly going to love you as if she didn’t love you already, but what I want to know is when are you going to purpose?” Nick looked at Brian,” You didn’t already do it did you?” Leighanne looked at Brian.
“No, I haven’t done it yet…I haven’t decided when I wanted to do it yet….but I can tell you I DO have the ring…and no you cannot see it.”


“But you can show Brian?” Nick nodded his head,” And why can’t I see it?” she whined.


“Because, if you have already seen it before I give it to her you two have nothing to stare at.”

“True” she agreed,” But still I would have liked to have seen it since Brian got to.” Everybody walked up the stairs and Nick unlocked the door.


“It seems so empty in here…why didn’t you buy it furnished?”


“I wanted Kaylee to be able to make this house her own so she can design and style it anyway she wants but I wanted to do the nursery as a surprise though, but I am thinking a safari room…I almost thought about an ocean room, but I think that’ll be too cliché for me…it would be totally something I’d think of so I thought out of the box.”


“Wow, you have this all planned out so why did you need us here then?”


“Well you guys get to help me. I have a whole bunch of stuff to get done before tonight…I think AJ & Howie will be here later, but for right now I just have you guys. But right now we’ll go down to Home Depot and pick out the paint and things and after that I am sending Leighanne out to do some shopping! Only because we have not bought anything and these little guys will be here before we all know it…sound good?” they both nodded their heads,” Ok, good lets go then,”


“Gee Nick, I didn’t know you could be so pushy, but we should probably get going so we can get this stuff done,”

===========

 

Kaylee sat at home bored and with nothing to do. She hated being on bed rest where was the fun in it?


“I wonder how long Nick was going to be? I am so bored I need to find something to get rid of my boredom I know I can bake!! I am sure we still have some cakes and brownies and things to bake. I don’t think I ate them all already.” Kaylee said as she went downstairs and rummaged through the cupboards and finally found something to bake. Kaylee took out all the ingredients and she heard the doorbell ring and waddled herself over to the door and opened it and saw AJ.
“Hey J what are you doing here? Nick isn’t here he said he had to go and take care of a few things and then I guess we are going out tonight or something,”


“I know…I am here to take you to lunch! Nick doesn’t know so don’t tell him, but I think you need to get out of the house for awhile,” AJ said.


“Thanks AJ!” she exclaimed giving him a big hug in the process,” I have been so bored since Nick left this morning all I have been watching is the damn soap channel and there is just nothing on there to watch! Hey, how did you know we were going out tonight? Are you guys all in on it or something?” AJ nodded his head ‘yes’,” Damn, this sucks even more…do you know when Nick is going to be back?”


“Nope, not a clue sorry Kaylee, but we should go to lunch before I have to meet up with Nick,” Kaylee went into the kitchen and quickly cleaned up her mess.


“Hold on J…let me go and put on some different clothes.” Kaylee quickly waddled up the stairs and got into something comfortable, but not too comfortable and put on her shoes and met AJ downstairs. Kaylee was even more curious now than she was this morning when Nick told her that there was a surprise she had always hated surprises,”This better be one good surprise if everyone seems to know about it, but me I can only imagine what Nick has up those sleeves of his I don’t know whether to think it’s a good thing or a bad thing I never seem to know with him.” she thought as she drove off with AJ.

Chapter Eighteen by Carter
Author's Notes:

Thanks for the feedback :D I am glad you are loving the story this chapter is kind of long so I hope you all enjoy it and PLEASE R & R!!

While Nick went back to his house to get Kaylee Brian, Leighanne, AJ and Howie stayed at the house to finish up the last minute touches on the nursery before Kaylee arrived.“You know…I am glad we decided to change the theme to jungle I didn’t realize how hard it was to find things safari, but I think this is a much better choice in the long run,” Leighanne stated.


“Yeah, but jungle seems to boyish to me though,” AJ said
“This is the only substitute I could find that was closest to safari and Nick said he absolutely did not want an ocean theme which strikes me as odd since he loves the ocean, but whatever floats his boat I guess.” Leighanne responded.

“Does it really matter?” Brian said,” I mean they are just babies…they can’t see no more than 12 inches in front of them…they will just be sleeping in here its not like they will be playing with toys any time soon, but I am sure once they get older and develop their own styles they will get their own rooms. So how about we just finish the room before Kaylee gets here.”

Nick arrived at his house and found Kaylee sleeping. He crept up to her and kissed the top of her head. She opened her eyes and smiled.

“Hey, I was wondering when you were going to come back. I have been waiting forever for you to come home…after AJ dropped me off I guess I got sleepy.”


“What are you talking about? AJ was here when?”


“Opps…I wasn’t supposed to let you know that he took me out to lunch today.” She confessed.


“I’ll kick his ass later for it…anyway hurry up and get dressed! We need to go to your wonderful surprise.”


“What is so special about this surprise Nicky? It’s all you have been talking about for the past couple of days,” she questioned him as she walked to the closet and got out some jeans and a layered tank and quickly put them on while slipping on her flip flops at the same time.


“Now if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise.”


“So, you know I don’t like them.”


“I know that is exactly why I did it.” He devilishly smiled.
“You are lucky I love you because if you had been Justin you wouldn’t like me too much…believe me I am not huge on surprises…he tried to throw me a surprise birthday party one time and lets just say the poor guy couldn’t sit for a week!”


“Well, I guess I am lucky then,” he said kissing her,” But I will defiantly keep that whole surprise birthday party in mind…I would like to have more kids someday,” Kaylee looked at him with a confused look and then smiled.

 

“Oh really Mr. Carter wants more kids? Isn’t two enough?”


“Nope, I come from a big family so I would like a big family too…but I think I can be a better parent than my own. What you don’t want anymore?”


“I didn’t say that now did I? I am just kind of surprised that you’d want such a big family that’s all…I love kids so I wouldn’t mind having one either, but how big are we talking Nick? I don’t want to have like 16 kids here.”


“I think 4 is a good number, but if more happens than I am ok with that but I promise there will be nothing over 6,”
“Well that’s good to know I guess? Now I am dressed so can we please get going? I would like to know what in the world my surprise is.” Nick and Kaylee started to walk out to the car when suddenly Kaylee stopped dead in her tracks and put her hand on her stomach.

“Kaylee, are you ok?”

“I think so…I think I am just having one of those Braxton hick things that the doctors were talking about…that’s all nothing to worry about Nicky I am fine,” she lied of course she didn’t want Nick to know it had been a ‘real’ contraction she wanted to know what her surprise was unless the contractions got worse of course.


“You aren’t lying to me are you? Because if the twins are coming we need to go to the hospital Kaylee…screw the surprise hell I’d even tell you it, but I need to know what is going on here,” Nick demanded Kaylee sighed,” Kaylee?”
“I honestly think I am ok Nick…if they get any worse or become closer together I will make sure to let you know ok? So can we please just go.” She whined.


“You better Kaylee…I don’t want to be delivering the twins on the side of the road…I am not exactly a doctor and I wouldn’t know what to do…so please just let me know ahead of time,” Kaylee nodded and Nick started the car. Kaylee sat back and wondered if her contractions were going to get worse she didn’t want to have the twins now they were going to be too early almost 2 months to be exact she didn’t know if she could handle them being in the NICU for such a long period of time she may have been tired of being pregnant but she wanted her kids to be healthy too,” How are you doing now? Are they any closer?” she didn’t answer Nick she was too concentrated on the pain to really care on what he was asking her.
”No, this can’t be happening now…you little guys gotta stay in there just a little while longer you guys are too early,” she thought in her head,”But why do I have the feeling you guys are tired of being in there?” she thought again.


“Kaylee? Hello earth to Kaylee? Are you ok do we need to go to the hospital? You are starting to scare me please just answer me,” Nick pleaded.
“I think we should go to the hospital Nicky…I don’t think the twins want to stay in their home any longer…I think they are ready to come out today…I wish they stay in a little longer,”


“Its going to be ok Kaylee I promise the twins will be healthy you have to trust me on this…let me call everyone since they are all together at the moment and I will let them know they need to meet us at the hospital,” Nick took out his cell phone and dialed Brian’s number.


Back at the house Brian heard his phone ringing and he saw that it was Nick.
“Hey, where are you guys? We have been waiting forever…what? Are you playing with us Nicky? You aren’t? Ok…we’ll head over there right now thanks for the information,” Brian hung up the phone and he noticed everyone was looking at him funny,” Ok, change of plans people…the twins have decided to make this a little more difficult…it seems that they want to come a little early. Nick and Kaylee are on their way to the hospital as we speak and so we are all going to pile up into the cars and head over to the hospital and hope that it was all just a false alarm…and I guess Kaylee is really worried because the twins are going to be born 2 months early so we have to give her all the support in the world,” Brian explained. Everyone piled into Brian’s SUV and drove down to the hospital.


When they arrived they walked into the room where Kaylee was staying and they saw her hooked up to all the machines.
“So what is going on are you having the babies today? Or are they going to send you home?” Leighanne asked.


“The doctor said that I will more than likely be having them today, I guess bed rest didn’t stop the dilation from happening like they had hoped, but the doctor reassured me everything was going to be ok and they might be in the hospital for a couple of months or so, but we wont know anything until they are born,” Kaylee responded.


“Where is Nick? I don’t see him around,”


“He stepped out a minute…he is having a hard time dealing with this…he is worried about the twins just as much as I am, but we just have to pray everything goes ok and there is no complications other than their lungs being underdeveloped and being in the NICU for a while. But I am glad you are here though, but please go and find Nick for me Brian I don’t want him to miss anything,” Brian nodded his head and walked out the door on a hunt for Nick.


Brian walked out of the room and soon found Nick not to far away from the room.


“Hey why are you out here? Shouldn’t you be in there with Kaylee?”


“I can’t stand to see her like that Brian she is in so much pain and just the thought of the twins being so preemie it sucks man,”


“I know Nicky, but no one could have prevented this…they come when they want to come everything is going to be ok Nick everything always works out for a reason ok…maybe the twins thought they needed to come right now so go back in there with Kaylee she needs you.” Nick got up from his chair and gave Brian a hug.
“Kaylee and I have been meaning to ask you, but we just haven’t gotten the chance too…will you and Leigh be the godparents of the twins?”


“We’d be honored! Now let’s go back in there Nick.” When they waked back into the room Kaylee was being wheeled out.


“Where is she going?” Nick asked in a panic.


“The OR….she needs to have an emergency c-section the twins are going into a small fetal heart rate distress and we need to get them out now…are you the father?”
“Yes, yes I am,”


“Ok…come with me sir…we need to get you in a gown and booties on and you’ll need to was your hands very good we need this to be a very sterile place.”
“We’ll be in the waiting room Nick…please let us know what is going on as soon as it happens Nick…please don’t forget!” Brian hollered down the hall.


Hours have passed and they are still waiting on word from Nick.
“Why hasn’t he called yet? It only takes 10 minutes to deliver the babies by c-section I hope nothing went wrong.” Brian said aloud and just then he saw Nick walking down the hall,” I thought I told you to call? Is everything ok? How are the twins? “


“Sorry…I kind of fainted in the middle of the whole thing and the nurses said I hit my head pretty hard I guess, but I got to see them and they had a little trouble  breathing at first, but they are doing fine now…and they are very healthy the nurse said,”

“Kaylee never told me what you guys were planning on naming them…and how much did they weigh?” Leighanne asked.


“Well we finally decided on Emily and Ethan just the other day and Emily only weighed 2lbs 9oz and Ethan was 3lbs 5oz and they both were 16inches long…but we can go see them very soon.”


“How is Kaylee?” AJ popped in.


“She is doing very good…she lost a lot of blood, but is doing wonderful she is in the recovery room and we’ll be able to see her soon.” Nick wasn’t expecting to have all these emotions running through his head and he just started to cry he couldn’t believe he just had twins. Brian got up and pulled Nick into a hug.


“It only gets better from here Nick…just think you’ll be able to bring them home soon enough time flies by really fast and before you know it the twins will be coming home and you guys can start being parents to two beautiful children.”
“I know Brian its just weird…me Nick Carter is a father that’s all, but I cant wait until we can hold them, but thanks for being here guys I couldn’t have done this without you here.”


“Your welcome little buddy we wouldn’t have missed this for the world by the way did you bring the ring?” AJ asked.
“I sure did, but I am going to ask her a little later though, but it will get done and just to think I was going to be asking her right about now too, but that’s ok something important kind of popped up.” The nurse who was taking care of the twins came walking down the hall.

” You can see them now…but unfortunately only through the viewing window we’ll hold them up so you can see them, but they are still very weak but follow me and you can see them.” Everyone followed the nurse to the viewing window and another nurse was there waiting for them. Nick put a smile on his face…seeing his kids for the first time was so amazing and yet they were so tiny and still fighting for their lives, but he knew everything was going to be ok he was now going to be a father to two children and a husband to the perfect woman he couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Chapter Nineteen by Carter
Author's Notes:
It took me long enough to bust out another chapter! I had a little bit of a writers block and I dont know if i am cured all the way but I want to give a big thank you to Teri for helping me out with the writers block it may not all be in this one chapter but she did help me out with some of the ideas in upcoming chapters :) Anyway please READ & REVIEW :)
The last few days have been rough for Kaylee she hasn’t been able to see her children yet the doctors wont let her until she is stable herself, since delivering the twins by c-section she had lost a significant amount of blood and was having complications so her doctor advised her she couldn’t see her kids, but pictures of course were provided by Nick. Kaylee couldn’t believe how tiny her kids were it broke her heart knowing that they were fighting for their lives up in the NICU and she couldn’t be there to hold their hands and tell her kids everything was going to be ok, but she has been reassured numerous times that her kids are healthy as a horse for being as small as they are.Nick had came back from seeing the twins and brought along more pictures for Kaylee.


“Hey baby how are you today? I came by a little earlier, but you were sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you,” he said kissing the top of her head.
“I am fine….the doctor told me if I am stable enough I get to go home and I get to see the twins. How are they doing? How are they eating? Have they gained any weight yet?” Kaylee bombarded Nick with questions.


“I hope you get to come home soon I am tired of sleeping on this uncomfortable bed…I want my bed. But to answer your questions the twins are doing wonderful! I brought you more pictures,” Nick handed the pictures to Kaylee as she looked at them a tear rolled down her cheek she wanted to touch them so bad,” Baby, don’t cry you’ll get to see them really soon I know you will. The pediatrician said they might get to come home early because they are doing so well up there, but they have to be at least 5lbs or more before than can happen. One of the nurses let me feed Ethan this morning and I didn’t realize that he can eat…he is an oinker,” Nick lightly chuckled.
“You got to hold them? I thought we couldn’t?”


“Ethan is big enough now…but Emily is still kind of on the small size so we have to wait a little while longer, but its an amazing feeling Kaylee…I cannot wait until we can experience this both together as a family,” Nick pulled up a chair and sat down next to the bed,” Kaylee, I have been meaning to talk to you about this, but I haven’t exactly had the right time and nor has it been the right place to do so, but I think this is just the most perfect timing in the world,”
“What is it Nick?” Nick got up from his chair and went over to the little boom box that was sitting in the room and he popped a CD in,” Nick what are you doing?”


“Kaylee, in these past couple of months I would have never expected something like this to happen between us. To be honest I wondered if we were even going to make it at times, but we have made it this far and I think we can make it all the way. I have been searching for something like this to happen to me and I couldn’t believe it finally did…I have been asking myself why did all my other relationships fail and why couldn’t I find that special someone and the only answer I could come up with was because I hadn’t found you yet…you are the one true person who hasn’t cared that I am this big famous pop star and I have all the money in the world you could careless all you cared about was me and who cares that you are a fan, but you are a fan that actually cares about me, but the reason why I popped in a CD is because I was flipping through radio stations in the car the other day and all the sudden I stopped on this one song I don’t even know why I stopped to listen to it only because its really not my kind of music but it made me think of you and I really want you to listen to it,”

Our love is unconditional
We knew it from the start
I can see it in your eyes
You can feel it from my heart>from here on after
Lets stay the way we are right now
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow


I cross my heart
And promise to
Give all Ive got to give
To make all your dreams come true
In all the world
Youll never find
A love as true as mine

You will always be the miracle
That makes my life complete
And as long as there’s still breath in me
Ill make yours just as sweet
As we look into the future
Its as far as we can see
So lets make each tomorrow
Be the best that it can be

I cross my heart
And promise to
Give all Ive got to give
To make all your dreams come true
In all the world
Youll never find
A love as true as mine

And if along the way we find a day
It starts to storm
You’ve got the promise of my love
To keep you warm



Nick walked over to Kaylee and kneeled by Kaylee’s bed and pulled out the little black box from his pocket,” I thought I Nick Carter would never have this chance to love someone as much I love you and I want to be the twins’ official father I want to be there for every ‘first’ I want to be here with you forever…Kaylee will you marry me?” Nick opened the box and Kaylee couldn’t believe it Nick was purposing to her.
“oh my gosh Nick yes of course,” Nick came up from the floor and kissed Kaylee as he slipped the ring onto her finger.

“I am so glad you said yes”


“Did you think I was going to say no?” Nick nodded his head ‘yes’,” Nick, I love you too much just to walk away from you and I know you are going to be an awesome father to the twins I couldn’t imagine being with anybody else.”  Nick hugged Kaylee their lives were finally becoming one they have two beautiful twins and now they are getting married.  

End Notes:
Song credit...."I Cross My Heart" By: George Strait
Chapter Twenty by Carter
Author's Notes:

YAY I updated! I am so proud of myself for doing so! Thanks for the reviews and keep them coming!! Again R &R!!!!

The next day it was finally time for Kaylee to be leaving the hospital, but she would be leaving without the twins they were going to be there for at least another couple of weeks or so. Kaylee and Nick walked hand in hand up to the NICU to see their babies this would be the first time Kaylee would be seeing the twins face to face.


“Nick, why am I so scared to see the twins face to face? I feel like I am going to barf!” Kaylee said.


“I don’t know babe….its probably just your nerves. You haven’t gotten to see the kids face to face yet and now you do it’ll be fine just wait until you get to hold Ethan it’s the most amazing feeling in the world,” Nick smiled. Kaylee shot a smile back. They got off the elevator and walked down the hall to the nursery Kaylee saw all the babies and couldn’t believe hers was here,” They are over here,” Nick dragged Kaylee over to a little corner and Kaylee saw the twins for the first time. Kaylee started to cry.


“Nick…they’re so perfect I can’t believe they are finally here. We don’t even have anything ready they came so early what are we going to do?”


“Don’t worry about it babe…we’ll have everything before they come home its going to be another couple of weeks so I think we’re fine,” Nick reassured Kaylee,”And not to mention I have a surprise for you on the way home…it’s the same surprise you were going to get just a couple of days ago, but these little guys decided to arrive.” A nurse walked up to them.


“So I take you are the wonderful Kaylee? Nick is always talking about you to the twins. He is such an awesome father,” the said.


“Oh really? I am being talked about huh? I hope he is telling them nothing but really good things I hope,” Kaylee smirked.


“Oh of course…would you like to hold Ethan? And Nick would you like to finally hold your daughter? She is finally at holding weight,” Nick beamed with joy as the nurse carefully handed Emily off to Nick. He couldn’t believe he was finally getting to hold her he had been waiting for so long to hold her. As Nick held Emily Kaylee took a hold of little Ethan she started to cry.


“Babe what’s wrong?”


“Its happy tears I promise Nick its just so amazing to finally hold them you know? It just feels so good I have been waiting for this day for so long you don’t even know.”

“Yeah, it’s all so surreal to me now. I never thought this day would come and just think in a couple of weeks they will be coming home and we can finally be a family.” Nick looked at Emily and then looked at Ethan and then finally looked at Kaylee who was looking at him.
“I never thought it would come to Nick. Unfortunately, we have to go visiting hours are almost over and the twins need some more rest the more they rest the sooner we get to bring them home.” Kaylee carefully set down the little infant in his bassinet and Nick did the same,” Hang in there my babies we’ll be back tomorrow morning and spend some time with you, but mommy and daddy have to go now we love you and we miss you already get better soon so we can bring you home,” Kaylee said to the twins as she kissed each one of them on the top of their head. Nick kissed his kids good-bye too. They both hated to leave them, but they knew they would be able to come home soon.

=========


Nick decided it was now or never to show Kaylee the nursery and not to mention the new house they were soon going to be living in. While Kaylee was in the hospital Nick had some interior decorators come in and furnish the house so it was done and out of the way before they officially moved in. Kaylee noticed they were going the opposite way from their house was.


“Nick where in the hell are we going? Our house is in the other direction.”
“Yeah, I know, but I thought we could take a detour.” He smiled.


“Uh Nick I don’t know if you are having one of your little blonde moments but our house is in the opposite direction Nick which means there is no detour…so where in the hell are you taking me?”


“You’ll find out just hold your horses,” They came around the corner to a big beautiful house and Nick stopped the car in front of it.


“Nick why did we stop here?”


“Because, what if I told you this was our new house where the twins can grow up?”


“Nick you didn’t? What about the house on the beach? You love the beach.”


“I sure did I went house hunting one day and I came across this one and I didn’t want to live on the beach with kids did you know they can drown in just an inch of water? After I read that I decided to move…we can go in if you want.”


“Nick I love you! This is the sweetest thing anybody has ever done. I can see you have been catching up on your reading I on the other hand have not been. I probably should start soon! But of course I want to see the house. Is this what you were going to show me the day the twins decided to make their arrival?” Nick nodded his head,” This would have been the best surprise ever! I can’t believe we have a house!! Well another house that is…when can we move in?”
“Whenever you want babe…” Nick unlocked the door to their new house and Kaylee walked in she couldn’t believe Nick had someone come in and decorate it all just to her liking,” We can move in tomorrow…I knew I was going to show you and I knew you were going to like it so I already put the house up for sale…it hasn’t sold yet, but we can bring whatever we have at the other house here so we can officially move in,” he said.


“Oh Nick, this is amazing! It’s going to take me a while to take it all in…what about the twins’ room? Where is that I want to see it.” Nick took a hold of Kaylee’s hand and walked her up the stairs and they took a left and Kaylee opened the door and couldn’t believe the theme he had chosen,” Jungle? I thought you would have gone for an ocean theme or something?”

“Eh…too cliché coming from me, but do you like it?”


“Its so awesome Nick I love the murals of all the animals on the walls and the bedding and the cribs…you thought of everything Nick I can’t believe you did this! I love you so much!” Kaylee wrapped her arms around Nick and gave him a big hug and a kiss.
“I love you too…Brian and the guys helped out a lot and Leighanne of course did all the shopping she knew what to buy and I didn’t I am so glad you like it I was so worried you wouldn’t.”


“Of course I like it! I cannot wait until the twins get to sleep in their own beds its going to be so nice when they can come home.” Kaylee and Nick sat in the nursery for a little while longer taking everything in knowing that pretty soon their little bundles of joy are going to be sleeping in their own rooms and in their own cribs, but most importantly they were going to be a family.

Chapter Twenty-One by Carter
Author's Notes:
I thought I would get a chapter out befor Thanksgiving since I am going to be out of town and have no clue if I am going to be able to get anything out after today so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and please dont forget to  R & R!!
In the past couple of weeks Kaylee and Nick finally moved into their new home and the twins were due to come home the next couple of days. Kaylee couldn’t be more excited her babies were finally coming home she put some more finishing touches on the nursery for the children. She saw Nick come walking into the room.“You are still working on this room? Didn’t I get it perfect enough?” he said coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her.


“It is perfect but nothing was set up like the diapers weren’t in the little pails and neither were the wipes, and the clothes weren’t folded and washed, and not to mention the monitors weren’t even set up!”
“Well aren’t we a little particular?”


“Sorry, I have been like this forever….I can’t help it you can blame it on my parents,”
“You know I was thinking about your family the other day Kay. Did you ever call them to let them know about the twins? I mean its only fair right?” Kaylee sighed,” What’s wrong? You don’t want to tell them or something or are you just too afraid to?”


“Yeah, I am a chicken when it comes to shit like this. I hate telling my family anything because it always seems to get blown out of proportion and so to answer your question no I haven’t told them we haven’t gotten along since I left Nick, remember I just picked up and left? I didn’t even come back like I told them I would. I couldn’t stand going back there Nick they treated me like shit especially after they found out it was Justin’s child they almost completely disowned me so I just accepted the fact that they didn’t want anything to do with me or the twins,” Kaylee explained.
“Kay, you have to tell them that the twins are born. Those are their grandbabies just because you aren’t getting along right now doesn’t mean you won’t be getting along in the future. I think it’s only fair to them that they know and if they disown you again than they do it again and we move on from it, but please just tell me that you’ll at least think about it?” Kaylee rolled her eyes.


“Fine, I guess I can at least think about it does this mean I should tell Justin too?”
“You can if you want too after all those are his kids, but I wouldn’t recommend it doing it in person…just send him a letter with pictures of all of us together and a short note letting him know what he is missing out on.” Nick heard the phone ring.


“Hello? Oh hey Brian I didn’t recognize the number anyway so what’s up? Yeah, I guess me and Kaylee can come over for lunch we were going to visit the twins later so we’ll do that after lunch so we’ll be right over.” Nick hung up the phone,” Brian wants us to come over…I guess him and Leigh have some surprise or something rather and so I figure after lunch we’d go and see the kids and hopefully they have word if we can bring them home now,”
“I sure hope so Nicky…I am craving to be a mom already.”

Brian’s House……

Nick parked the car and him and Kaylee stepped out of the car and walked up to the door and before Nick could knock Brian opened the door.
“Are we the only ones that are going to know this ‘surprise’? Cause I figured you would have invited the other guys too.”


“They will know at a later time, but for some reason we feel like you two should know first other than our families of course,” Brian looked at Leighanne and then Leighanne looked back at Brian,” Well it looks like Baylee is going to either have a little sister or brother to play with…we just found out we’re expecting yesterday morning..” Brian beamed.


“Oh my gosh congratulations!!” Kaylee hugged Leighanne and then Brian,” How far along are you?”


“We’re not sure, but we’re thinking around 4 weeks or so, so not very far at all…but I’ll know tomorrow when I go and see my doctor.”


“This is so awesome you guys are having another baby…we just had babies…this day couldn’t get any better!”


“Would you guys like to come with us to see the twins after lunch? I am sure they’d like to see you too even if they don’t know you.”
“Sure, we’d love to”


Later on that day….


Nick, Kaylee, Brian, Leighanne and Baylee all gathered around the twins’ bassinets.


“They are just so tiny…when do you get to bring them home?”
“I don’t know let me ask,” Nick walked up to one of the nurses, ”Julie do you know when we get to take the kids home? It seems they have been making a great deal of progress”


“Hold on Mr. Carter I’ll go and check with the doctor.” The nurse walked away and Nick went back and sat down next to Kaylee who was rocking Ethan in the chair,” Mr. Carter? I believe the doctor has already written up the discharge papers for the twins…they can leave when ever you want them to.”
“Thank you so much.” Nick smiled and looked down at Ethan,” Did you hear that little man? We can take you and your sister home,”


“What are you guys waiting for? Why don’t we head back to your house Nick grab the car seats and swing back and pick them up? And then we can call AJ, Howie and Kev and maybe some family for a quick coming home party? How about it? It seems only right doesn’t it?”
“Sure, sounds good to me what about you babe sound good or do you think we should hold off on it for a few days?”


“I don’t see any harm in it as long as we arent too loud because they are just too tiny yet and they need their beauty rest.” With that settled everyone piled up in their separate cars and headed over to Nick’s house, they were finally going to be able to bring home their babies.

Chapter Twenty-Two by Carter
Author's Notes:
Sorry it has taken me so long to get another chapter out things kind of got a little hectic around here, but they are finally back to normal and I am going to be going in for surgery on Wedenesday so  I will be having plenty of time to catch up on some writing while I am on bed rest for a week!
The twins have now been home for an entire week Nick and Kaylee have had a lot of sleepless nights if one was sleeping the other was awake, they both often wondered if it was going to get any better. Kaylee came crawling into bed at 1am and saw Nick lying there fast asleep and snoring as usual, but he suddenly woke up when she came into bed.

“I am sorry babe…I didn’t mean to wake you…I just finally got both of the twins to sleep. Ethan just did not want to sleep for me I guess, but at least Emily did.”

“You didn’t wake me…I was just waiting for you to come to bed,”
“Nick…you were sleeping…you were snoring as you usually do”


“I was not” he protested.
“You were too…I will seriously tape record you one of these nights and you will hear for yourself,”


“You would seriously do that?”
“Yes, yes I would just to prove it to you.” Nick leaned in and couldn’t resist kissing her he just had to she was just too cute for words at that moment in time, and just then one of the twins start to cry. Kaylee turned to Nick,” its your turn…I am going to get some sleep…that is Ethan crying by the way and I hope he doesn’t decide to wake up Emily either.”


“You mean I don’t get any help?”
“I do it by myself all day long while you are starting to record the next album with the guys…you don’t see me complain do you? You now get to see what my life is like when they both are awake…that’s only if Emily decides to wake up and chances are she is cause of Ethan, but then again you could be lucky,” Nick growled as he got out of bed and put on his robe and his slippers and walked into the twins’ room and picked up little Ethan and sat in the rocking chair.


“What’s wrong little man? Are you feeling ok?” little Ethan looked up at Nick and started to cry some more,” Its ok Ethan…just let it all out…I know you might be scared in this room, but you have to let your mom and I sleep at some point. We need our sleep too just like you need yours little man,” As Nick sat in the rocking chair with Ethan he finally started to clam himself down, “There that wasn’t so bad you just wanted to cry a little bit there isn’t any harm in you crying, but you just have to let us sleep a little bit,” Nick looked down at the little infant and he gave Nick a big smile,” I wish  I had my camera to capture that smile that was the biggest one yet. We’ll have to show your mommy that big smile tomorrow, but for now how about we get you back to sleep.” Nick held Ethan close to his chest as he rocked back and forth after about ten minutes or so Nick realized that Ethan was finally fast asleep,” See I knew you were tired there little guy,” Nick slowly got up from the chair and laid Ethan back down in his crib and stood there for a while just looking at the kids staring intensely at them he couldn’t have imagined being a father a whole year ago, but now he wouldn’t have it any other way. Nick crept out of the room and slowly closed the doors just leaving it open just a crack and then walked back into the bedroom.


“How did you do that?”


“What do you mean?”


“It takes me hours to get him to go to sleep and you do it in ten minutes, again how in the hell did you do it?”


“Well he likes to be talked to it looks like and he likes to listen to my heartbeat I just put him on my chest and he went to sleep…”
“Maybe he just likes you better are you sure you HAVE to go to work tomorrow? Can you stay with me the kids?” she asked.


“I only have to go in for a little while tomorrow, but I will be home all afternoon and all night and I believe all day tomorrow. Do you have something planned?”
“No, I just want to talk and have some human contact….dont get me wrong being with the kids all day is the most wonderful thing in the world, but after awhile just talking baby talk all day I feel like I don’t know how to talk normally anymore you know? So pretty much all I want to do is just talk is that so much to ask?”


“No, you do a lot of stuff around here and I think you deserve some time to yourself tomorrow I’ll call the guys and them know that I am taking tomorrow off so you can go and do whatever you want and I’ll watch the kids all by myself and maybe go shopping with Leighanne and Kristen and just take a day to yourself and then the day after that we can spend some much needed quality time together ok? Does that sound like a plan?” Kaylee smiled at Nick and leaned in and kissed him.
“I knew there was a reason why I loved you so much,”


“Really? I thought you just loved me for my money,” Kaylee giggled a little and then kissed him again.
“You’re so silly…we should go to bed since both of the kids are asleep…I love you.”


“I love you too” Kaylee rolled over and went back to sleep, but Nick on the other hand had a hard time falling asleep he for some reason just wasn’t tired anymore he laid there thinking what things would be like if he didn’t have the twins or Kaylee in his life…he didn’t know what kinds of trouble he would be in if they weren’t around. He turned towards Kaylee and snuggled up against her and closed his eyes and before he knew it, he was fast asleep himself.  

Chapter Twenty-Three by Carter
Author's Notes:
I am sorry it has been almost a year since anything has been added to this story...things got hectic once again ;) but that is what happens when i have two little ones keeping me on my toes :D here is another chapter i am going to try and start updating more often :)

Just as Nick had promised he stayed home with the twins so Kaylee could have a little R and R because every mother deserves a little time to herself. Kaylee had left early that morning to go out with the girls so it was just now Nick and the kids. At first Nick was a little scared to be with them by himself because frankly he never has but doesn’t every father feel a little scared when they are with their newborn babies for the first time? He certainly hoped so. Since the twins were napping once again he took the opportunity to tidy up a little bit do the laundry, clean the kitchen and he even vacuumed the living room. Nick was just getting ready to start on the bathrooms when his cell phone rang.

“Babe how many times are you going to call to check on me?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know?” she questioned herself,” I am sorry to call like a billion times, but I miss you and the babies is everything ok?”

“Yes, they are babe you don’t have to worry they are napping so I am cleaning the house.” There was a brief pause.

“Did I just hear you say you are cleaning the house? Maybe you should stay home more often!” she giggled a little.

“Give me all the shit you want go ahead it doesn’t bother me, but I am going to let you go now so I can clean the bathrooms before the kids wake up. Can you please stop calling every 15 minutes?   If there is an emergency I will make sure to call Brian.”

“Not funny Nick…but ok fine I will let you go.” Nick hung up his phone and headed upstairs with the cleaning supplies that he was going to need. Before he got started on the bathrooms he walked into the twins’ room and made sure they hadn’t moved from their spots in the middle of the cribs and sure enough they hadn’t they were perfect little angels just sleeping ever so perfectly he never wanted them to grow up.

…………..

Meanwhile at the mall Kaylee, Leighanne and Kristen are baby shopping.

“So you say Nick is cleaning? I wish Brian would do that while I am away.” Leighanne stated.

“That is what he says he is doing. It is just so amazing how they are with him yesterday night Ethan woke up crying and  I thought he was going to wake up Emily and Nick got up and went in there and Ethan was asleep within 10 minutes and it had taken me two hours to get him to go to sleep. I don’t know what it is but I like having that man around with them it is nice to have a little peace…was Baylee like that too?” she asked Leighanne.

“He was and he wasn’t. Baylee was a mama’s boy most defiantly he would go to sleep for me but if he woke up Brian would go in there and sing him to sleep it was the most precious thing ever, but I think it just depends because you are with them all the time since the boys are working on the new album and Nick isn’t at home as much so maybe when they feel that daddy is around they want to be near him and him comforting them is their way of saying we miss you. You get it?”

“Yeah, I guess that does make a lot of sense now. So speaking of babies are you hoping this one is a girl?” Leighanne nodded.

“Most defiantly! I have always wanted a girl…I thought Baylee was a girl at first and then when we got the news he was a boy I admit I was a little disappointed, but also overjoyed at the same time Brian couldn’t have been happier because it was a boy and he was going to be able to do all the “boy things” with him, like they probably are now” Leighanne chuckled,” But Brian and I are going to leave it as a surprise this time though we figured this might be the last one we have, we haven’t really discussed it, but we thought there are no greater surprises than the birth of your child.”

“So Kristen any kids in the future?”

“Yeah, we are just kind of taking it slow though Kevin and I are just waiting for the right time we want them really bad but when the time is right it will just happen we aren’t trying or anything but it if it happens than it happens.” Kristen paused for a moment,” Are you and Nick going to have anymore? I mean after all the twins aren’t really his or have you two not discussed this issue yet?”

“I think we both want more kids we just aren’t sure when. The twins’ delivery was hard enough with them coming so early  I think we are both afraid that it will happen again, but yes we have discussed it just don’t know when it will happen but before anything I know we are going to get married that’s for sure.”

“I think that it is just so awesome how Nick just jumped right into playing the role of daddy to someone else’s children you know? Don’t you ever worry about the father coming back into your lives?” Kristen asked.

“I think about it every time the phone rings, but I do know that I don’t want anything to do with that man and nor will I ever the kids don’t even need to know about him unless they ask later on in life but as far as they are concerned Nick IS their father and I will be dammed if anyone tries to stop that.”

“Good for you! I hope if he ever calls you give him a piece of your mind girl God knows he needs it”

…….

The twins’ are now up from their nap and Nick is now having a hard time balancing the feeding twins act.

“You know how in the hell does your mother do this? I can’t seem to get it right” he said a loud as he looked at Emily and Ethan,”Wait, I think I can solve this problem.” Nick took a handy burp cloth and inched it just underneath Emily’s chin and but the bottle on top of it so it will rest there while he fed Ethan,”Ok, that was a piece of cake.” But sure enough after Emily is done eating she is still hungry and starts crying,” Emily princess its ok there is no need to cry you want more? Are you still hungry?” Nick did the burp cloth thing for Ethan and then got up to get some more breast milk for Emily when Ethan started to wail,” Oh man this isn’t good. Now I see why Kaylee wants a  nanny part time!”

“Honey I am home! Nick where are you the kids are screaming?”

“In here…I just got done feeding them and Emily was still hungry so I went to go and get her another bottle and then as soon as I got in there Ethan got upset and he started crying and that is when you walked in. Everything has been good though.”

“Oh, well in that case…here you take Emily and I will take Ethan.” Kaylee lifted up her shirt and pulled down one part of her breastfeeding bra and picked up the little boy and lached him on,” There you go little man you must be hungry that hurts. Nick can you hand me the boppy please? This is getting a little hard to hold him like this.” Nick did as he was told and when he put it under Ethan Kaylee let out a relaxing sigh,” Much better thank you baby. So other than these two screaming did you get anymore of that wonderful cleaning done?”

“Why yes I did…the whole house is clean? You didn’t believe me did you?” he said as he picked up Emily.

“To be honest not really….”

“Gee thanks”

“Well..I have never seen you clean since we brought the twins home.”

“They have only been home for a week Kaylee and we have been working non stop on the new album remember?”

“Yes, I know Nick..it just gets lonely around here you know?”

“I can imagine that is why I will be hiring a part time nanny so you will be able to take some load off your feet…she will be around just long enough so you can have some time to yourself because I don’t want to be one of those celeb couples who have only nannies raising their children you know? “ Kaylee nodded her head.

“Look Nick they are both sleeping…should we put them down?”

“No, I think we should sit right here and just hold them…they are just too precious to put down now.” Nick moved onto the couch beside Kaylee and Ethan. Him and Kaylee shared a kiss before they both decided to doze off themselves.     

End Notes:
thanks for reading....please dont forget to review!!!!
Chapter Twenty- Four by Carter
Author's Notes:
here is another chapter please enjoy

Kaylee decided to take the twins out shopping with her since it was the nannies day off.  This was her first attempt to take out the twins since they had been home from the hospital which was just a little over three weeks ago now, and her maternal instincts have sure kicked in.

 

“Babe are you sure you want to take them out? I mean I can always take one with me to the studio.” Nick asked as he was coming out of the bathroom.

“No, I think I will be ok I mean I am going to have to get used to it anyway. You aren’t always going to be home when I have to go to the store for something you know. This will be a challenge but I think I can handle it, you just go to the studio and we will see you later maybe we will even stop by later will that be ok?”

“Of course, maybe we should have everyone over for dinner? Nothing fancy or anything so what do you think? Everyone wants to see the twins since we never really take them out anywhere to begin with.”

“Sounds like a good idea actually…bring it up to the guys and see what they think and maybe we can do it this weekend?”

“Ok, I will remind myself to do that.”  Nick gently kissed Kaylee and walked out into the living room,” Oh, yeah is the nanny coming tonight? Remember it’s our date night?” Kaylee had completely forgotten to call the nanny or a baby sitter for that,” You did remember didn’t you?” Kaylee shook her head no,” I kind of thought that so when I called the nanny she was unfortunately she was busy, but no worries I called Brian and Leighanne and they will be here around 7ish to come and get them or stay here I am not sure Brian didn’t really day exactly.”

“Nick, you always save the day! I am lucky if I can even remember to put underwear on in the morning.”

“Oh really? Are you wearing any now?” Kaylee checks

“Yeah, sorry there isn’t any time for a quickie anyway you have to be at the studio, which you are going to be late for if you can’t hurry….you know how Kevin is when you are late Nick.”

“Shit! I have like 10 minutes to get there too hopefully there isn’t any traffic! I will see all of you later I love you all” Nick quickly kissed Ethan and Emily on the forehead and grabbed his keys and went out the door.

“Well little guys let mama get the diaper bag ready and we should be good to go.” Kaylee rushed around the house to get the diapers, wipes , and the bottles of breast milk and put them into the diaper bag and finished getting the twins into the car.

When getting to the studio Nick was late as usual about 15 minutes to be exact. Nick locked up the car and went into the studio.

“You’re late Nick as usual” Kevin said.

“Sorry baby trouble. Kaylee is going out with the twins for the first time all by herself this morning so I was helping her get them ready.”

“Yeah, excuses,” AJ smirked,” You know there was a quickie this morning.” Nick just rolled his eyes.

“I wanted all of you to come here today because I have something very important we need to discuss and this concerns each and every one of you guys. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I think it’s finally time. “

“Time for what?” Nick interrupted.

“Would you just let me finish? Anyway, as I was saying its time for me to leave, I have been going over this for quite some time now and every day that goes by it just makes more sense. Kristen and I want to start a family together and its just so hard with traveling and having a family at the same time, yes I know you did it Brian but it was really hard on you and Leighanne and I saw that and I don’t want that happening to me. There were some really rough patches in your relationship there for a while and I saw that pain that you went through I promised myself I would never do that to my relationship with Kristen. I just want you all to know I love you guys and I will deeply miss you guys very much, but I think it is just time.” Kevin sighed feeling good that he had finally said what he has wanted to say for a while now.

“It just isn’t going to be the same without you man.” AJ said.

“No kidding….do you realize how many fans are going to be crushed? I can only imagine.”

“Yes, I do realize that a lot things will be different and it will be hard to get used to at first, but just think of it this way as reinventing yourselves without me. I want you guys to be able to learn and grow without me because you guys had to have known I wasn’t always going to be around and you all know Kristen and I wanted a family so it was only a matter of time.” Kevin said.

“Yes..I think we all knew it, but we were just in denial” Brian stated.

“I agree…complete denial. So where does that leave us now? Do we still continue or go separate ways what? Cause to be honest I am kind of confused!”

“Awe, poor little Nicky confused? What’s new? I think we stay together and learn and grow just like Kevin said we can reinvent ourselves and make a complete different sound even though Kevin may not be here singing with us he will still be with us at heart so we are just going to have to look at this as a good thing.” Howie said.

“D, is right you know. I am unfortunately late for a lunch with Kristen but please sit down and think about what you guys want to do just because I am not physically here doesn’t mean I will not be around to give you a lecture,” Kevin chuckled.

“Wait! Before you leave Kevin Kaylee and I wanted to invite you all over for a dinner this weekend if everyone is free? “ Nick suggested.

“You know that sounds perfect we all will be there,” Kevin said.

“See he has left the group and he still makes all the decisions.” AJ laughed. Kevin got up and left,” It’s going to be so weird without him around. Seriously what are we going to do?”

“Just like Kevin said.”

…….

After struggling to find a way to put the twins into the cart Kaylee was on her way grocery shopping.   She was coming up onto the cereal isle when she saw the one person she never thought she would ever see again Justin-the ex. Kaylee was hoping she would be able to go past him without him knowing but her cart accidently hit his.

“I am so sorry miss I didn’t mean too…..Kaylee? is that you?”

“Justin? Oh I didn’t know you were here in this state? “

“Yes, I am I have lived here for awhile I see you had the babies…I didn’t know you were having twins. Why didn’t you call me and  tell me you had them?”

“I didn’t think it was any of your business seeing how you practically dumped me when I found out I was having a baby so I didn’t feel that it was necessary and besides I don’t think the kids deserve to know who their father is.”

“But I have rights you know,”

“Yeah whatever Justin you will skip out on them just like what you did to me when I first found out. I don’t need you and nor do I want you I have someone who loves me and the kids more than you will ever know so please don’t bother me!” Kaylee said as she took the shopping cart into the other direction away from Justin. She couldn’t believe that she even ran into him at the supermarket of all places. All she wanted to do was to pay for the food she had bought and get out of there. She knew she had to tell Nick about today, but she wasn’t sure how smooth it would go over with him she just hoped Justin wasn’t going to try and take them away from her.

End Notes:
please dont forget to review!!! I love getting comments :)
Chapter Twenty- Five by Carter
Author's Notes:
Whoa i have been busting out chapters like crazy i just hope I can keep this up! Please enjoy and please, please review i would love to hear what you have to say :)

 

 

Weeks went by and then it soon turned into months and the twins are almost six months old and Kaylee still hasn’t told Nick about seeing Justin in the supermarket. At first she was going to but then she chickened out due to the fact they had a date that night and then they had their ‘alone’ time soon after.  She knew she had to tell him sooner or later but when? Or even why for that matter is wasn’t like he was going to take the twins or would he?  As Kaylee started to think more about the situation she more she wanted to tell Nick. Kaylee quickly got out of shower she dried herself off she was looking at herself in the mirror and she noticed that her body looked a little pudgy but she didn’t think anything of it because she still had some baby weight left to lose from the twins.  When she got dressed she went downstairs and she saw Nick playing with the twins on the floor.

“You know you look so sexy playing with the kids.” Kaylee smiled.

“Is that right? Well I am trying to teach them to roll over”

“Nick they aren’t dogs you know”

“I know that! But I was reading in a parenting magazine and it said they should have been rolling over from back to tummy by six months old and they will be six months old in 2 weeks!” Kaylee couldn’t help but chuckle just a little,” What is so funny?”

“Nick babe babies will do it when they are ready not every baby is going to be rolling over from back to tummy by then some do it early and some do it later and you have to remember they were born six weeks early and so they were not full term yet so they might be a little slower than other babies. You are going to drive yourself crazy reading all of those things yeah, its good but it might drive ya nuts!” Kaylee explained to Nick.

“Oh, well excuse me for paying attention to those kinds of things now come over here and give me a kiss” Kaylee walked over to Nick and gave him a kiss and then sat down next to him.

“Nick, we need to talk…I have been needing to talk to you for a couple of months now, but I guess I just never thought it was the right time. You remember when I went to the supermarket a couple of months ago right before we went out on our date night?” Nick nodded,” Well I saw someone I wasn’t expecting to and it just worries me that he might come back into my life and I really don’t want that to happen.”

“Who is it baby?”

“Justin…I saw him and I accidently bumped into his cart while going down the cereal isle. I was hoping he wouldn’t recognize me, but he did. He was so mad that I didn’t call him and tell him I was having twins AND when I had them.  It’s like now he wants to have contact with them after he saw me.”

“ And what did you tell him?”

“I told him that I didn’t think he deserves to be their father since he left me after I found out and then he went onto say that he has rights yadda yadda and then I told him that he doesn’t have any and that all he was going to do was skip out on me like he did before and the twins didn’t need any of that. Lets jus t say I don’t think he was very happy I am just worried that he is going to try and ask for custody or something and I don’t want that to happen,” Kaylee stated Nick sat up and gently kissed Kaylee.

“You guys are my world and I would never let anything happen to you guys just remember that and if Justin tries some bullshit like that don’t worry we will be ready so just leave it up to me ok?”

“Ok, I completely trust that you will.”

“Don’t worry babe I will have it under control when and even if that happens but for now there is no need to worry about it,” and just then while Nick and Kaylee were talking Emily had completely rolled over onto her tummy.

“Oh my gosh Nick did you see that!!” Kaylee excitedly said.

“See I told you I was teaching them and looked at least it paid off for one of them and go figure it was Emily,” Night laughed.

“Yeah, that is because girls are smarter than boys,” she smirked.

“You know when you said we had to talk I was so worried you were going to tell me something else like you were pregnant or something.” Kaylee giggled a little bit.

“Why would you think that? I can’t right now remember I am on the pill”

“I don’t know you seem a little different somehow but maybe its just because we have been in the studio what seems like forever and a day because since Kevin left the group we have been trying to find the right new sound I guess, but wouldn’t that be insanely crazy if that were true?”

“Nick shut up!”  Kaylee couldn’t help but wonder though what if she was and she didn’t know it? There would be no way she could be since she was on the pill, but then again the pill isn’t 100% effective. She couldn’t imagine having another one on top of the twins it was already hectic around at their house enough and another baby she wasn’t up for that, but apparently Nick sound pretty excited.

……..

Later on that night as they were giving the twins their bath and Nick heard a knock at the door.

“You want to get that? I have things pretty much handled here,” Kaylee got up and walked to the door and opened it and saw a tall man standing before her.

“Is this the Carter residence?”

“Yes it is can I help you?”

“Does a Kaylee Wilson live here?”

“Yes, that would be me again, what do you need?”

“You have been served.” All Kaylee could do is wonder who was serving her and why,” Thank you.” She quickly shut the door and opened the letter as she read down she saw that Justin was petitioning the court to give him full visitation rights not custody but only visitation Kaylee didn’t even want Justin to see them let alone all alone with them . Kaylee walked back upstairs to the bathroom.

“Who was at the door?”

“Someone from Justin’s attorney’s office…he has petitioned the court to have full visitation rights for the twins not custody but visitation which means he could even take them over for a weekend right? I don’t want that to happen Nick I don’t think he deserves anything he was never there why does he want to be in their lives all the sudden?  This is just like him to do something! Damn you Justin.” Kaylee angrily said.

“I guess you were right hun don’t worry though we will fight it all the way to the end. I don’t think deserves to have any rights either but unfortunately he IS their biological father and he DOES have rights whether we want him to or not.”

“So there is nothing we can do?”

“I am not sure baby, but I will call my lawyer in the morning and see what he says to do because I don’t think we will ever get out of him having any contact with the twins’ because again he is their biological father, but maybe there is a way we can work something out ok? I don’t like this just as much as you do Kaylee again don’t stress over it ok?” Kaylee nodded in agreement but she still couldn’t help but wonder why he chose now instead of calling throughout the entire pregnancy with the twins her phone number never changed until just recently so he had all the time in the world, but he didn’t. Kaylee and Nick took the twins out of the bathtub and got their diapers and pajamas on and they went downstairs to rock them to sleep,” You know I have been thinking about this a lot lately myself why don’t we go and get married?” Kaylee looked at Nick with a puzzled look on her face,” Yeah, I mean its been what almost six months since I purposed so why not? I mean lets just go to Vegas or something and then we can have something fancy later if you want too and we could even go to the court house too, but I think we should just do it what do you think?” Kaylee sat there with Ethan in her arms and was amazed.

“You serious? You want to get married now ? What about Justin?”

“Fuck him! He can’t the way I feel about you and the twins. So what do you say Kaylee should we get married?” Kaylee smiled and leaned in and gave Nick a kiss.

“Of course! We could have Brian and Leighanne take care of the kids for a weekend and fly out there I want this to be a total shocker you know? Might as well and then have something later on just like you said. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner Nick, and look I think Ethan thinks it’s a good idea too he is smiling at me.”

“Ok then its been decided we are getting married tomorrow morning I will call my lawyer first and see what are up against and then I will call Brian and see when they are free and we will get the first flight out to Las Vegas.” Kaylee flashed Nick a smile she almost felt relieved knowing that everything was going to be taken care of and she couldn’t wait to finally be Mrs. Carter!

Chapter Twenty-Six by Carter
Author's Notes:
here is another chapter!!! Enjoy!!!

 

 

A day had passed and Kaylee had awoken without Nick next to her she got up and put her bathrobe on and then found herself in the twins’ room where there was Nick fast asleep in the rocking chair with Emily.

“Such a Kodak moment….” She whispered aloud and ran off to get the camera to take the shot she just couldn’t resist, but when she came back Nick was already awake,” Damn, you woke up! I was going to take a picture it was just too adorable to pass up.”

“I wasn’t really sleeping you know I was just resting my eyes.” Kaylee just nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, sure, anyway what time did she wake up? I didn’t hear her.”

“Maybe about a half hour or so ago I didn’t want to wake you. Plus you are going to need all the sleep you can get since we leave for Las Vegas tonight.”

“Is that tonight? I thought it was tomorrow” Kaylee joked.

“Shut up. Brian and Leighanne are coming around 5ish to get the kids and then we are on the plane by 8 and then in Vegas by midnight.”

“And…”

“And what?”

“Don’t play stupid are we getting married as soon as we get off the plane at midnight or the next day once I have had some much needed sleeping in time,” she said.

“I was hoping just to go and do it that way there wouldn’t be anyone following us I hope! But I could be wrong I just want a low profile that’s all I want to be able to surprise everyone when we get back you know? I just hope there aren’t a lot of photographers roaming the streets of Las Vegas at midnight.” Nick sighed,” I just want it to be special just me and you without all the hype of getting dressed up and flowers and picking a cake it’s our day.”

“I understand completely Nick, but you are a celebrity unfortunately you might not be able to get out of it there are always going to be someone watching you no matter what Nick you should know that by now.” Kaylee explained.

“You know there might just be way around it…what do you say we go and do a little disguise shopping? Be two completely different people getting on and off the plane and then when we get to a chapel boom we are who we are.”

“I love your schemes really I do, but do you honestly think this is going to work? I mean fans and paparazzi aren’t stupid you know they are quite smart.”

“Sure it will! We just have to find somewhere to get everything that’s all shouldn’t be too hard right? How about we go after the kids are awake.”

“Again, Nick you are forgetting something….the paparazzi! They are spies Nick they will see us if you want to do this you need to send someone else like AJ or something I don’t know but you and I cannot go!” Nick realized that Kaylee had been right in order for his plan to work he did need to send someone else in but who? Would AJ be willing to do that without asking a million and one questions? They would never suspect a thing if AJ were buying these things since he is always doing something different.

“I think you are onto something babe! Let me call AJ and see if he will do it.”

“Good, oh did you get a chance to call your lawyer? I know you said you were going too yesterday but I wasn’t sure if you had gotten a chance too or not.”

“Shit! I knew I had forgotten to do something I will after I am off the phone with AJ I promise.” Nick walked into his office and pulled out his cell phone and called AJ

“Hey man what’s up?”

“Can you do me and Kaylee a favor? I can’t tell you exactly what it is unfortunately, but could you swing by the house in a couple hours and I will be giving you a list of things to buy and the money , but the one thing you have to do is do not ask ANY questions and do not tell the others you got it?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, ok man it’s no problem but I am starting think I don’t even want to do what it is you are up too, but yeah I can be there.” Nick was thankful he knew AJ would do this for him.

“Thanks man I owe you one.”

“No problem see you soon.” Nick hung up his cell phone and then went into his contact list and dialed his lawyer’s number hoping that he was in the office.

“This is Michael Spencer how can I help you?”

“Hey Mike its Nick I need some advice and I am hoping you can help me out man.”

“Oh hey Nick yeah shoot I am not busy.” Nick walked over to his desk and pulled out the papers that Kaylee had been given just a day earlier.

“Well my soon to be wife has this ex who just served her some visitation papers for the twins’. This man wasn’t there for any of the pregnancy as a matter in fact when she told him he left town and was never heard from again. Well about a month ago she ran into him at the supermarket and I guess he had gotten mad because she didn’t tell him about the twins and what not and told her he had rights because those are this kids. Well long story short a month later here we are with this petition and now he wants full visitation rights for the twins but Kaylee doesn’t want him to have anything because he wasn’t there for anything and she didn’t request any child support money either. Is there anything we can do or are we screwed?”

“Well, I would have to take a look at the papers and do some more background work, but I think I can help you if that is what you are asking. Its been awhile since I have been in a custody battle, but if all he is asking for is visitation it shouldn’t be that hard you wouldn’t happen to know what she wants does she? Does she not want him to see them at all or only part of the time?”

“Not at all but if you cant do that its ok we will work something out but she just doesn’t want him to be able to take control over everything she doesn’t want him to have weekends alone with them or anything like that she might be happy with a visit here and there, but I know for a fact she doesn’t want him anywhere near the kids.” He explained some more.

“I will see what I can do Nick. I am not going to promise everything but why don’t you and your fiancé come by my office on Tuesday around noon and we will talk this out.”

“Ok, thanks again Mike.” Nick hung up the phone and walked out into the living room,” Well I AJ is going to be here in an hour or so and I just talked to my lawyer he is going to try and take all his rights away, but he isn’t promising anything and I need to know if you are ok with that? I know you don’t want him to see them at all, but we may not have a choice in the matter baby he might be able to take away some rights but not all it all depends after the appointment we have with him on Tuesday to go over more details surrounding the petition.”

“I hope he can do his magic, because I don’t like him! But if I have to live with it then I guess I may not have a choice in the matter.”

…….

Later on that evening Brian and Leighanne had picked up the twins and they were kid free for the next day and a half. Kaylee and Nick started packing for their weekend get away.

“So, are you ready to be mine forever?”

“Why yes I am,” Kaylee gently kissed Nick,” Nick, we should get going because the plane will be leaving without us if we don’t get there in time.”

“Wait, don’t forget our disguises we have to get them on now so we don’t get noticed.” Nick pulled out the bag of wigs and clothes,” Here this is yours,” he handed Kaylee a red long haired wig and some sun glasses and a beanie.

“This is going to disguise me? How is that possible they can still see my face.”

“Will you just trust me? They won’t know who you are. Especially if they see who with someone like me.” Nick pulled out this medium long haired wig that was brown a cowboy hat and a mustache,” You think they will notice the future Mr. and Mrs. Carter under this?” Nick laughed.  All Kaylee could do was bust out laughing uncontrollably.

“Too bad the guys aren’t here to see this. Maybe we should take some pictures?”

“There is no time for any of those Kaylee lets hurry up and get dressed and ready to go before we DO miss our plane.” The future Mr. and Mrs. Carter hurried up and got dressed and they were out the door by 6:30 and when they got out of their car it was like they were just average day people just traveling to Las Vegas like normal people. When they passed security and was cleared to go they boarded the plane like average people as well.

“I feel so normal I can’t remember what it had felt like to be normal,” she whispered to Nick.

“Me neither.” He replied.

…….

When Nick and Kaylee arrived in Las Vegas they hitched a cab and started driving around seeing what chapel they could find.

“Hey look there is an 24 hour chapel aren’t we in luck.” Nick said,” Driver pull into that 24 hour chapel,” the cab drive pulled into the parking lot,” Can you wait here?  Don’t worry about the money I can pay you,” the cab driver nodded and then parked in an empty space.

“Nick, this feels a little weird,” she giggled,” I mean we flew all the way out here to Vegas and its midnight and we are getting married right now am I the only one that feels a little weird?”

“I feel just fine yeah its out of the ordinary I agree but it just works I promise you can have the wedding of your dreams once the whole thing with Justin blows over ok?” Kaylee nodded in agreement and when they walked into the chapel they were greeted by an older woman.

“May I help you?”

“Yes, are there any openings to get married tonight?” the lady nodded,” We would like to get married now if possible and is there away we can get the marriage license as well? Cause we sorta forgot to do that before we came out here,”

“Yes, I believe you can get a temporary one for now but you will need to get an official one in the morning ok?”

“That’s fine…and also is there any way you can close this chapel for the ceremony? We don’t want anyone coming in…I can tip extra.” Nick said the older woman kind of gave a funny look at first but then agreed.  Nick and Kaylee filled out all the necessary paper work and then they were led into the changing rooms where they changed out of their disguise and they were themselves for the time being. Kaylee came out of the dressing room with a simple white dress and Nick came out in just a simple black tux with a stripped blue tie.

“Wow, you look so amazing baby I can’t wait to take that off of you in the hotel room,” Nick smirked Kaylee just giggled a little bit and then they walked back out into the lobby and the same older woman that had greeted them before was puzzled,” Don’t ask questions please? We just want to keep this as private as possible are you guys ready? Cause we are!”

“Yes, Mr. Carter we are ready.” The woman led them into the main part of the chapel where the ceremony was going to be officially held they both took at look at one another and couldn’t wait until they were finally Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.

 

Chapter Twenty-Seven by Carter
Author's Notes:
woot!!! two chapters in one day!!! please dont forget to review :)

It has been a couple of months since Nick and Kaylee are married and the twins are now 9 months old and are crawling all over the place. It hadn’t taken very long for the word to spread around that Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys was officially taken off the market.  The guys were a little upset that they were uninvited but they both reassured them that there would be a bigger and better one to come.  As for the court they still haven’t gone to court yet to battle it out with Justin. Nick’s lawyer is still trying to figure out a way that everyone will win even if that means Kaylee will have to deal with Justin for a couple of days a week.

The last couple of months have been amazing for Nick and Kaylee everyone seems to be happy and healthy well everyone but Kaylee. She noticed that things haven’t been the same with her for a couple of months now so she decided to have Nick watch the kids and she took Leighanne, who is almost 8 months pregnant, with her for support. She wasn’t sure what she was going to expect she was hoping she just had the flu or something.

“So what seems to be the problem Mrs. Carter?”

“Well the last couple of months I just haven’t been the same really….kind of tired a lot and been kind of nauseous , but other than that I feel fine. “She replied.

“Is there a possibility you could be pregnant?” there was that word pregnant she didn’t want to be pregnant right now especially now that the twins are crawling and soon they will be walking how would she be able to handle the twins?

“No, I am on birth control and have been since the twins were born. I didn’t want to have any more kids could I be?”

“Well, we are going to do a pregnancy test just in case but if it is negative there are some other possibilities like maybe you are having a small cold or flu and you don’t even realize it, but lets rule out pregnancy first before we do anything. So what I want you to do and go pee in a cup in that bathroom just around the corner and put it the little window and I will have my nurse do the test.” Kaylee grumbled she didn’t like peeing in a cup she went into the bathroom and did just what the doctor had told her and then went back into the room.

“So…you have a little bit of explaining to do Kay could you seriously be pregnant?” Leighanne asked.

“Now to be honest I am not sure. I seriously thought there was no way in hell I could be, but now that it could be a possibility? I am not sure. I don’t think I could handle another one right now I mean the twins are almost a year old and they will be running around soon and here I will be this big ole whale running around after them.  I just hope I will have major help because it’s going to be really hard.”

“Yeah, I understand that completely and if you are pregnant the twins will almost be a year and half old by the time the new baby is born so there is a plus and don’t worry about the help there are plenty of baby sitters around here.” She laughed.

“There maybe plenty of baby sitters hanging around but there is only one of me,” she sighed. The doctor came back in.

“Well Kaylee it looks like you are defiantly pregnant,” she couldn’t believe it pregnant again.  She knew Nick was going to be ecstatic they talked about having a big family a few months back, but they weren’t planning on starting anytime soon.” Well let’s lay you down and see if I can find out how far along you are.” Kaylee looked over at Leighanne who was just beaming with joy that her friend was pregnant again. The doctor took out the portable ultrasound machine and soon out the cold jelly on her stomach and started looking around,” Look, there he is.” When Kaylee saw the baby she couldn’t believe it there was her baby so small and tiny,” It looks like you are about 12 weeks Mrs. Carter so that would make your due date around the 17th of December and the heartbeat looks good and steady at 150.  Make sure when you leave you make an appointment to come and see me again in about a month,”

“Wait, can you see what the sex is?”

“No, not yet I am afraid the fetus is still kind of small, if it were just a couple of weeks later there would be a better chance but I am afraid not this time you will get your ultrasound again when you are  25wks and there should be a better idea of what the sex is.”

“And there is no multiples right? I already have twins I don’t think I could handle two sets of them.” The doctor chuckled.

“No, there are no multiples.” Kaylee sighed in relief. The doctor left the room.

“So, it must have been  that damn short honeymoon,” Kaylee said,” Since I am 12wks it probably the night we got married in Vegas I bet you Leighanne if not a little after that.” Leighanne smiled.

“Well I am so happy for you! You and Nick did say you wanted a big family,”

“Yeah, just not now, but that is ok…since the twins were born in October that would make them what almost  15 months old by the time the new baby was born so almost a year and a half but quite. Now I just have to break it to Nick and I know he will be very happy about it indeed.” Leighanne and Kaylee left the doctors office and decided to go out to lunch to find away to break it to Nick.

……

 Later on in the day Kaylee returned home from the doctor’s office with Leighanne, Brian and Baylee. Leighanne secretly had spilled the beans to Brian while Kaylee was in the bathroom and he decided he had to be there while Nick got the big news.

“I didn’t know you went with them today Brian.” Nick said running after Emily who was about to go up the stairs.

“I didn’t,” he responded,” I felt like coming over and saying hi and plus  Kaylee invited us over for dinner.”

“You did?”

“Yeah, it was just kind of a last minute thing I pulled together is that ok?”

“Yeah, that’s fine I just wished you warned me I would have at least picked up the baby toys or something and I didn’t take anything out for dinner either so I am not sure what we are going to have.”

“I will figure out something how about Chinese can you go and order from that restaurant I love?”

“And the cravings begin,” Leighanne mumbled under her breath to Brian.

“What did you say Leighanne?”

“Nothing,” she lied.

“Ok, what’s going on…stop playing stupid here there is something going on now please tell me?” Nick demanded. While Nick was talking to Brian and Leighanne Kaylee went into the kitchen and put the pictures of the ultrasound on the fridge hoping that Nick would notice them. Kaylee soon walked back out into the living room,” Kaylee what is going on? They won’t tell me,” he whined.

“There isn’t anything going on Nick I promise,” she said going into the kitchen again hoping that Nick would follow and sure enough he did.

“Kaylee I always know when you are lying to me. You know I will eventually get it out of you so can you please just tell me?” he asked again as he walked closer to Kaylee giving her a kiss on the cheek,” Hey, I thought you put these into the baby book? Did you take them out?” Nick questioned as he took them off of the fridge. Nick soon realized that there was only one baby in the picture,” Kaylee? Are you pregnant?” Kaylee couldn’t hide it any longer.

“Yes, Nick I am…we are going to have a baby!” she exclaimed but Nick didn’t look too excited about the good news,” Nick? Are you ok? I thought you would be happy.”

“Yeah, yeah  I am fine just surprised I guess is all since I thought you were on the pill in all I thought we could wait a little while,”

“Well I guess there can be flaws in birth control so please be happy? Just be lucky there isn’t another set of twins…its just a single baby this time around,” she joked.

“I will be happy give me some time to think everything through ok?” Nick walked out of the kitchen with the picture of the little baby upstairs. Kaylee walked into the living room with a puzzled look on his face.

“I thought he would be happy?”

“He said he was fine, but I think it is just too much for him I guess? I am just going to let him have his space and he will eventually come around. Well I will order the Chinese food.”

Meanwhile Nick was upstairs just intensely staring at the ultrasound pictures.

“A new baby? How would we make this work? The twins are already a handful enough and then adding a newborn on top of that? This is nuts! I can’t believe she is pregnant again.” Nick thought,” I thought we were being so careful how did this happen?  I thought we could have waited until the twins were at least three and potty trained before we started trying. Just think positive Nick there is nothing to be worried about we can handle this there are a lot of people out there that can help or I hope!” Nick laid down on the bed and couldn’t help but what his life was going to be like with another little one running around and he couldn’t help but wonder what the sex of the baby was and who would he or she look like time would only tell in just six months from now.

End Notes:
thanks to everyone who has been reading so far
Chapter Twenty- Eight by Carter
Author's Notes:
Enjoy!!!
  

The months feel like they are going by so slowly since they found out there was anther baby on the way. Nick is still having a hard time excepting that there was going to be a new bundle of joy in a just a few short months.  AJ and his new girlfriend of the week offered to take the twins so they could go to the court date that had finally been set for the visitation battle between Kaylee and Justin. When they arrived in the courthouse Kaylee saw Justin.

“You’re already knocked up? Jesus girl slow down a little bit,” Justin rudely said.

“Hey be careful there buddy that is MY pregnant wife you are talking too,” Nick angrily said back,” Now why don’t you just go and buzz off somewhere this is just adding more stress onto her than she needs.”

“Yeah, whatever” he quickly replied and walked off.

“I hate that man!!” Kaylee growled,” Why is he always ruining my life and why does he keep finding a way to annoy the shit out of me!! I hope he loses!”

“Kaylee calm down please? We are in the middle of the courthouse.”

“I don’t care really I don’t I am just sick of this Nick! I shouldn’t have to be here in the first place but since he thinks he can come and play daddy now I have to be here! I don’t like it and I never will like it Nick its stupid he is just pissed off because I didn’t tell him that the twins were born this is all that this is even about! It wasn’t MY fault that he wasn’t there for everything the journey and the birth!  It is all HIS fault!” Kaylee took a deep breath in and then let it out she knew she was getting over whelmed with everything that has been going on lately,” I am sorry for lashing out. I don’t remember doing this with the twins…I am so sorry Nick!” she apologized.

“Baby don’t apologize to me I understand what must be going through your head right about now and I know you are upset and it doesn’t help when your hormones are raging as well. Just promise you aren’t going to do this in front of the judge? It could jeopardize the petition just stay calm and let Mike do all the talking ok?” Kaylee nodded in agreement. Mike Stevens soon came walking down the hall.

“Ok guys we are up next now just let me do all the talking unless the judge speaks to you. I think we have a good chance at wining here, but I can only do so much,” he stated,” So follow me and we will get this thing done and over with.

Moments later they both entered into the courtroom Kaylee never thought this day would ever come. She was glad this was going to be settled for once and for all.

“Docket 1456 Kaylee Wilson Carter Vs. Justin Miller in the petition for visitation rights over Ethan and Emily Carter.”

“ Ok, this is only just a visitation hearing and not a custody hearing correct?”

“Yes your honor that is correct,” Mike said.

“Ok, and I understand Mr. Spencer that your client Kaylee just got married a couple of months ago to Nick Carter correct?”

“Yes, how is this relevant?”

“Well Mr. Lowe believes that you two just got married so they would have a better chance at winning the case.”

“They have the wrong idea your honor my clients were engaged well over 6 months before they got married and before that they were going out way before the twins were even born.”

“Ok Kaylee let me please hear your side of the story and I understand you are now pregnant now correct?

“Yes that is correct,” she replied.

“Your husbands I am assuming?”

“Yes.”

“So please tell me why we are here for your twins. I want to know why you are so against him seeing the babies.”

“Well your honor it all started about a year ago when I first I found out I was pregnant and at the time I didn’t even know it was twins. When I had told Justin he was ok and excited at first and the more I started talking about it he got scared and bailed out on me. I didn’t hear from him for days which turned into weeks and then soon it was months. I felt so alone bringing a baby into this world by myself. Then that is when I wrote my husbands band a letter and I wasn’t expecting to get anything back and when I did I felt so important and happy and then it just went on from there with email since he was out on the road. Finally, Nick brought me out with him and the rest is history from there.” She explained.

“So when you were out on the road was Justin able to contact you if he wanted too?”

“Yes of course I never changed my cell phone number just until recently when I married Nick and my email has always been the same and never changed. “

“Ok, so why didn’t you call Mr. Miller when the twins were born?”

“I didn’t feel the need to because he wasn’t there at all for the pregnancy he just skipped out on me. Nick took me in and when Justin left it was like I didn’t matter anymore and neither did our unborn child.  I was all alone with no one to turn to but Nick and I never even got an answer why he left and that just makes me so mad I sat there and waited for some type of phone call for the longest time, but I got nothing as usual.”

“That is understandable but he IS the father right?”

“Yes, he is the father of the twins there is no doubt about it your honor and if you need proof I can get it for you I will do whatever it takes for this to run smoothly as possible I don’t have them here with me though a friend is watching them.”

“Ok, well we now we will hear from Justin.”

“Well your honor I admit that I hadn’t contacted Kaylee after I found out she was pregnant with the twins. I didn’t know what to think I was going to be a father I was unemployed no job so how would I take care of her and the babies. I thought about calling all the time, but I just never acted on it. When I saw her and the twins 6 months ago I couldn’t believe how much they looked like me and her. I wanted to be apart of their lives when I saw them and I felt so bad that I wasn’t there for her and for them, but I want to do that now. I want to be able to be a father to my kids.” Justin said.

“I understand but you should have contacted her Justin are you currently working now?”

“Yes I am I am a security guard at the local mall here in town,”

“Are you going to be able to get weekends off if you are granted visitation?”

“Yes, I am”

“Well, I am going to take off this into consideration and we will meet back here at 9am on the 20th for the conclusion of this hearing thank you,”  Everyone walked out of the room and shook hands.

“I will see you two next week I hope we can win this,” Mike said and then walked off. Kaylee and Nick walked out of the courthouse and then out to the car.

“God, I hate that man! I just know he is going to grant him the visitation rights I just know it because he played the I am the victim card and got to play innocent and made me look like the bad guy!”

“Don’t worry babe …we will get through this ok? Please just don’t get too stressed over this ok? I don’t need you getting stressed.” Kaylee just rolled her eyes and Nick and continued to look out the window when they drove off. Deep down inside Kaylee has a soft spot for Justin only because of the kids but in her head she was fuming. She didn’t want that man anywhere near her and she doesn’t want to get close to him either even if she does lose the case. Justin hurt her so bad and is just afraid that he is going to do it again and not only will he be hurting her but he could hurt the twins and she wouldn’t want to pick up the pieces if that had happened.

Chapter Twenty-Nine by Carter
Author's Notes:
I hope you all enjoy!!! You get to find out the sex of the new little Carter arriving

 

The day was finally here the day that they were announcing the paternity results and the visitation hearing. Kaylee was nervous because she wasn’t sure what the outcome was going to be. She was hoping they would side with her and not let Justin have any visitation what so ever, and she was also nervous because she had a doctor’s appointment after this as well she was going to get to see what the sex of the baby was.

“Hello Nick and Kaylee Justin is already here and he looks extremely nervous about today. I think he was hoping that you were going to bring them or something he kept looking at the door. “

“I would have brought them, but I have a doctor appointment after this and those rooms are very tiny” she giggled.

“Oh ok.” They all walked towards the courtroom when Justin stopped Kaylee.

“Just to let you know whatever this outcome is you know you will regret this Kaylee you know I am their father and not this dude. You can’t hide that fact no matter what Kaylee I just wish you could see that,” Justin said.

“Dude, just get over it ok? I know I am not their biological father, but that doesn’t mean anything Justin. I  am their father maybe I guess a ‘step father’ but a father and that was something you became when she first found out she was pregnant but you left her and with no one and you cant make up for that no matter how hard you try Justin. But I think we might be able to compromise with something later on down the road, but I still don’t think you should have any rights either because you never went through it Justin you didn’t see how much pain you caused Kaylee I did…I was there for everything including the birth of those two babies and it was magical Justin and you missed that because you didn’t feel like playing daddy. Just being here now you think that you can just step in whenever you want and play daddy but it doesn’t work that way because they don’t know who you are and if you keep stressing her out you may never get a chance so I suggest you just shut your pie hole and leave her alone,” Nick said Kaylee and Mike couldn’t believe Nick had just said that to him right before they were going into the courthouse. Justin was so shocked he couldn’t even think of anything to say because it was all true Justin wasn’t there for anything. Everyone walked into the courtroom and took their places and waited for the judge to come out. Kaylee took a hold of Nick’s hand and they both sat down next to Mike.

“Docket 1456 Kaylee Wilson Carter vs Justin Miller is now in session please sit down.”

“Ok, lets just get this over with because from my understanding Kaylee here has a doctor appointment is that correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well I am first going to read the paternity results.” The guard handed the judge the piece of paper,” The father of the twins is indeed Justin’s so that brings us to the other part of the case the visitation results. I have thought long and hard about this and while both sides gave me good responses I think I am going to have to side with Mrs. Carter. I believe once you get a girl pregnant you follow through I am sorry Mr. Miller that is just how I feel I am a father myself and if someone did this to my daughter I wouldn’t be very happy with them so again I am sorry maybe you guys can work this out amongst yourselves but it is out of my hands now.” Kaylee felt relieved that Justin was not awarded visitation rights she looked over at him and just the look on his face made her heart drop she didn’t know if it was the pregnancy hormones talking or if she actually cared that she hurt him.

“Nick I think I really hurt him,” she whispered.

“It sure looks like it. Are you sure we couldn’t work something out Kay? I mean after all he IS their biological father maybe we can start out small visits and then work our way up I mean it’s the least we can do for the guy.” Kaylee knew Nick was right after everyone left the courtroom Kaylee tracked Justin down.

“Look, I don’t like you for what you did…and I probably never will and you might just have to get over that, but the twins’ are just equally yours as they are mine and Nick and I are willing to compromise and letting you come and visit. We will have some rules though not sure what they are and you are going to have to give me some time to figure them out but I will call you when I have them done deal?” Kaylee asked extending out her hand. Justin stood there for a few seconds and then shook her hand.

“Thank you so much Kaylee I really appreciate this more than you will ever know.” 

…..

Nick and Kaylee arrived at the doctor’s office a little late because of the traffic.  Kaylee was still a little nervous about the appointment because you never know what to expect.

“I am here for my appointment with Dr. Holdner I know I am a little late and I am sorry but traffic was just horrible out there today,”

“Don’t worry about it she has been expecting you.”

The nurse soon came out and they all went into a room and she took her blood pressure, temperature, and the unfortunate pee in a cup to check her sugar levels.

“Well everything looks ok the doctor will be in soon.”

“I was so worried my blood pressure was going to be through the roof because of all this court crap,” Kaylee said.

“Yeah I was a little worried too but I am glad that it is finally done and over with though, and that was really sweet of you to reconsider Justin. After I saw that look on your face when you saw how disappointed he was I knew you were going to cave in,” Nick smirked.

“No, you didn’t,” she laughed,” I couldn’t have been a total bitch and told him he was never going to see them again, but after that look I was even crushed for him, but that is ok. When we get home though we are going to set down some guild lines so when he does start to come and visit he knows what we expect from him because I don’t want the twins to get to know him as daddy and then boom he leaves you know?”

“I understand honey I really do, but let’s just focus on this baby for now,” they heard a knock at the door.

“Come in,” the doctor walked in with the portable ultrasound machine.

“How are you doing Kaylee? And I see you brought your husband with you this time. Well this time we are going to be doing an ultrasound obviously to take a peek at the little one and then the next appointment you will have will be the other ultrasound with the technician for a better look at the baby, but I just want to get a few measurements of my own real quick though. Did you wan to see the sex of the baby as well today?” She said.

“Ok that sounds good…and yes we would if possible,” she replied.

“Ok well why don’t you lay back and pull your pants down just a little and let’s get a look at that baby of yours.” Kaylee did as she was asked and the doctor put the cold jelly substance on her belly she was so excited to see what she was having this time she already has one of each so it was going to be fun to know.” Well here is the head…the spine…heart…” she stopped for a while and started taking some measurements,” this little guy is moving all over the place he or she just doesn’t want to stay put long enough for me to do anything…oh and look there is his or her hand…looks like she is sucking it…lets see if I can get a picture of that for you guys.” She pushed a button on her little keypad,” I hope I got that the baby decided to move again...ok now we are going to see if we can’t find out what you are having here.” The doctor started searching to see if she could find anything, “Well it’s a little hard to see on this screen but it looks like it is a boy…. I can see something in-between the baby’s legs, but it is uncertain since he keeps moving, but hold on lets see If I can get it at a different angle,” Kaylee was overjoyed another boy she was ecstatic she looked over at Nick who was just beaming with joy knowing that there was a little mini me on the way it was something he was defiantly hoping for,” Ok, I got a better view...it is defiantly a boy,” she pointed to the little penis with the arrow. All Kaylee could do was just smile. She then proceeded to do some more measurements and then she hit the print key on her keypad to print out some pictures for a baby book or a fridge posting which ever came first really, ”So I will see you in another month Kaylee.” The doctor walked out of the room. Kaylee sat up and saw Nick looking at the pictures of their son.

“You knew it was a boy didn’t you?”

“I had suspicions, but I didn’t want to say it was and then it wasn’t. I am so happy Kaylee another boy!!! I can’t wait…now we get to think of names I so can’t wait,” he excitedly said,” I cant wait to tell the guys they all thought it was going to be a girl haha but I won”

“You all betted to see whether or not it was going to be a girl or a boy,”

“Hey, it wasn’t my idea it was AJ’s but again I won because everyone said girl,” he smiled.

“You guys are horrible you know that?”

“Yeah, I know but you love me anyway.” Nick grinned and then kissed Kaylee. They were both so happy to have another one on the way but a boy makes its even better. They both couldn’t wait to start picking out names, nursery ideas and much more they also couldn’t wait to tell the twins’ the good news about having a baby brother on the way even though they don’t quite understand what is going on, but once he is here it will make all the difference in the world.

End Notes:
please let me know what you think  and leave a review :)
Chapter Thirty by Carter
Author's Notes:
Enjoy!!!

 

Weeks had turned into months for the Carter family. Kaylee had let Justin come over to visit with the twins and the first visit went pretty good the twins welcomed Justin without any fuss, but then again new people to them are like Christmas presents every day they love being around people.

Today should be an exciting moment for Kaylee, but she is also sad. The twins were turning a year old. Her babies were no longer babies, but have turned into toddlers. They were now walking and talking little monsters that ruled the household and getting into messes were defiantly their specialty. Twins equal twice the mess and double the trouble, but to her and Nick it was worth every minute. While Kaylee went to the supermarket to pick up a few last minute things for their first birthday party Nick was in charge of getting the kids dresses, bathed ,and fed the party was supposed to begin in just  a little over an hour and none of that had been taking care of. Nick heard the door bell ring and when he opened it there was Brian, Leighanne, Baylee and the new addition to the Littrell family Cadence who was just a little over three months old.

“You guys are early,”

“Kaylee called and asked us if we could come and help you out she said the twins were being monster as usual or something rather didn’t quite catch it all, but here we are and how can I help?” Brian asked.

“They aren’t that bad today,” Nick suddenly heard a crash in their bedroom upstairs, “Ok, I take that back,” Nick and Brian raced upstairs to see what the twins have done and somehow they took out  their plastic drawers  that contained all of the diapers and baby wipes,” Ethan and Emily what do you think you two are doing?” they looked at Nick and smiled,” That isn’t going to get you out of trouble help me pick up these diapers please you know we don’t get into this stuff.” Brian, Nick and the twins put all the diapers and wipes back into the rightful drawers and put the drawers back into the container,” Its time to get you guys bathed and dressed.”

After Brian and Nick did bath and dress duty they went back downstairs and Kaylee was home getting things ready in the kitchen.

“So I heard the twins were a pain while I was gone,”

“No they weren’t they were no trouble at all,”

“Yeah, that’s not what Leighanne said they took all their diapers out again didn’t they?” Nick nodded,” They have been doing that a lot lately and its going to be twice as hard to get them to stay out of their when the baby arrives in a month you know that right,” Nick nodded again,” Ok just making sure you know that. Nick why don’t you go and get the grill ready outside while I get the hotdogs and stuff ready,”

“Yes, babe.”

Meanwhile all the guests were starting to arrive AJ, Howie, Kevin and Kristen and the rest of the Carter family showed the only person missing was Justin.  Kaylee had even sent him a text message earlier that morning reminding him that the party was today.  Kaylee took the hot dogs and hamburgers out to Nick.

“Do you think Justin will show?” Nick asked.

“I would hope so I mean he has done so well with the twins I just hope he is ok,” she responded.

“Are we starting to care about the ex?”

“Ok, I admit yes, but ONLY because of the twins”

“Well you should go back in there since everyone is arriving…I will give ya a holler when these are done.”

“Ok” Kaylee went back into the house and went into the living room where everyone was sitting.

“Isn’t it weird how they grow up just so fast? I mean some days it feels like you just had these two little guys and now they have graduated into toddlers its just so amazing,” Leighanne said.

“Oh, I know! I don’t ever want them to grow up they will always be my babies, but they have to grow up some time though.” Kaylee noticed Kristen give Kevin a little nudge.

“I need everyone’s attention…Kaylee do you think you can drag Nick in here for just a few seconds? We have something important to tell everyone,” Kaylee did as Kevin asked and brought Nick into the house,” Well we were going to wait until next week to tell everyone but Kristen thinks it’s the right time now so guys there is going to be a new addition to the backstreet family…we just found out last week that we are having a little one of our own!” Kevin announced.

“Oh my goodness congratulations guys!!!” Kaylee said and threw her arms around Kevin and then Kristen,” I am so happy you guys are having one the only ones who need to hurry it up are Howie and AJ,” Kaylee giggled.

“Hey now….that isn’t fair you know…we are trying as hard as we can its hard to find the right girls you know, but I am sure there will be more in the future,” AJ said. Kaylee heard a knock at the door.

“Nick you might want to go back to the grill hun…we don’t want burnt food” Kaylee told Nick as she went to the door and opened it and there was Justin,” I am so glad you are here I was getting worried there for a while that you weren’t going to be here,” she said giving him a hug.

“Sorry I was caught up at work, but I am here now did I miss anything?”

“Nope, not yet Nick is almost done with the food so just come on in and sit with everyone here in the living room,”

……

Later on everyone was done eating and it was now time for the cake. Kaylee had her camera ready to capture everything on tap. Nick came in with the two individual cakes that his mother had made for them along with the “number 1” candle on top. Nick handed the twins their cake and the round of happy birthday started and Kaylee couldn’t help herself a tear started to run down her cheek her babies were growing up so fast and there was another one that was due in just a month.  The twins were digging into their cakes like crazy with frosting everywhere in their hair, on their hands, face Kaylee couldn’t believe they were so messy.

“Its totally bath time again after this cake mess is done with you two,” she said,” I can’t believe you two are so messy!”

……

The party was finally over and the twins had their second bath of the day and were getting settled down and ready for bed.

“So have you thought about the nursery lately babe? We only have a month left to get everything done,”

“Yeah, I was thinking maybe something simple like cars or something like that….or even teddy bears. I am not really sure. I loved the jungle them in the twins’ room.”

“Wait, why don’t we do this then…instead of doing a new nursery we will just do a new room for the twins? I would suggest splitting them up but I don’t think that would be such a good idea since they have been in the same room forever, but we could always do a cars theme on Ethan’s side and maybe something girly on Emily’s side? How does that sound?” Kaylee sat there and thought about it for a second.

“You know that is not such a bad idea Nick.  Too bad they can’t be in toddler beds I’d be too afraid of them getting out at night, but I think that could work it shouldn’t be too hard right?”

“I don’t think so we can get everyone to pitch in again I am sure of it and this time it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise,” Nick smirked.

“Ok then it is settled we will start working on the twins rooms tomorrow since we don’t have a whole lot of time since this little guy comes and I don’t want to be in the middle of doing it and then opps! You know? So the sooner we get it done the better I will feel. I just hope he doesn’t decide to come too early.”

“Remember what Dr. Holdner said though she said there is a possibility because of the twins coming really early but you never know so please just take it easy. “

“I promise I will take it easy…and its time for the twins to go into their beds now.” Kaylee grabbed Ethan and Nick grabbed Emily and they took them up to their cribs and put them in and gave them their pacifiers and blankets and then left the room. Nick and Kaylee went into their room and got ready for bed as well .

End Notes:
please review!!!
Chapter Thirty One by Carter
Author's Notes:
The story has finally come to an end ...this is the FINAL chapter...*tear* i hope you like how i ended it, but dont worry there is a future sequel in the works please read and review :)

 

The next few weeks were very crazy for the Carter family with redoing the twins’ room and then getting everything ready for the new baby that was going to be coming in just a few short weeks but Kaylee’s OB told her that she wouldn’t be surprised if he came sooner than expected. AJ offered to stay at the house just in case they needed him he didn’t have a whole lot going on in his life at the moment and since Brian and Leighanne had their hands full he decided to step up.

Kaylee was in the nursery just putting some last minute things together and then that’s when the pain started. Kaylee just brushed it off but also started to time just in case it was real labor pains about 20 minutes later it happened again.

“Nick can you come and get the twins? I am going to take a nice hot shower…the Braxton hicks are starting to hurt,” Nick came in and grabbed the twins.

“Baby, if they get closer you need to let me know ok?”

“Don’t worry I will” Kaylee waddled herself into the master bathroom and turned on the shower and it happened again,” Ok, so now they are getting closer….just have to concentrate on my breathing I don’t have to go until they are five minutes apart.” She said aloud to herself and sure enough within in five minutes there was another contraction and this time it was harder and stronger- it was time. Kaylee hurried up and got out of the shower and got into some pj’s real quick,” Nick…we gotta go now! The contractions are getting harder and stronger I thought they were just Braxton hicks but I guess they weren’t…and they are two weeks early…I guess Dr. Holdner was right.” She yelled.

“Oh ok! I am handing off the twins to AJ as we speak….don’t forget your hospital bag honey…” AJ and Nick saw Kaylee coming out of the bedroom with bag in hand.

“Well I am glad I am staying here” he said,” Wave bye bye to mommy and daddy they are off to hopefully have your baby brother tonight.” AJ waved good bye and the twins’ copied.

On the way to the hospital Kaylee called ahead of time and let them know that she was on the way and luckily her OB was the on call OB that night she just hoped she would get there in time because the contractions were about a minute apart and they were hurting really bad. Nick felt so bad for her because there wasn’t anything he could do to stop the pain she was feeling it wasn’t like he could have the baby for her. When they arrived at the hospital just minutes later Kaylee could barely walk to the emergency room entrance without having to stop every thirty seconds. They were quickly escorted to the second level where labor and delivery was. When they got into the room the nurses got Kaylee into a gown and got all the machines hooked up.

“Am I able to have any drugs?” Kaylee asked the nurse.

“I am not sure Mrs. Carter it looks like your contractions are very close together but we will try to get one in here as fast as we can and we are also trying to get your OB in here as fast as we can as well.” The nurse responded.

“You are doing so great baby… I am so proud of you,” he said as he started stroking her hair.

“Nick just shut up ok? There is enough going on I don’t need you talking right now I am trying to concentrate and get this baby out of me!” she exclaimed and just then her water broke and all the nurses kind of looked at one another, “Ok, I think my water just broke I can’t hold on any longer I have to push” she said.

“Do whatever you have to do Kaylee if that baby wants to come he wants to come!” the nurse said as she came over  and started to prepare to deliver the baby,” Nick I need you to hold her leg so I can have a better view of what is going on here.” Nick did just as the nurse had asked him to do,” Oh boy this little guy must have been ready because here he is crowning Kaylee I need you to give me one big push ok?” Kaylee nodded and gave her one big push,” That was so good Kaylee his head is out but just hold on the cord is loosely wrapped around his neck just give me a few seconds here to get it off…ok done…now one more big push and we are done Kaylee,” and one big push later Kaylee heard the crying of a little baby.

“Is it still a little boy?” she asked.

“Yes baby it is defiantly still a boy” Nick proudly smiled,” You were so good baby I am so proud of you,” Nick kissed her gently.

“Thanks I couldn’t have done it without you.” The nurses took the baby and put him into the baby warmer and got him weighed and measured.  The nurse came over and started unhooking all of the monitors and things.

“You wanna know how long that took Kaylee? “

“Sure”

“Twenty four minutes from start to finish here…that was one fast delivery. How long was your first one?”

“Wow….that was certainly fast and gosh I don’t even remember t he twins were c-sectioned and they were six weeks early so this was all new to me and I didn’t think I could deliver naturally since I had a c-section before,”

“Well normally your doctor will just schedule one but this little guy just couldn’t wait any longer he wanted out fast and quick. Have you guys picked out a name?”

“Yes…his name is Preston Gene Carter…”

“I love that name its so cute…well here he is…all 9lbs and 2 oz of him…and he was 20 inches long…he is a big boy.” Kaylee and Nick were shocked that he was so big compared two the 3lbs the twins were when they were born. When the nurse handed Preston off to Kaylee she couldn’t help but cry happy tears she couldn’t believe he was here and early.

“Would you like to hold your son Nick?” Kaylee asked she also saw a tear roll down his cheek, “Awe, Nick it’s ok to cry if you want this is a happy time,”

“I know but I am a guy,” he chuckled a little,” But yes please let me hold him,”

“Let me take the phone from you though I am going to text everyone and let them know that Preston has arrived.

……

The next day everyone came to the hospital to meet Preston.

“He is so perfect you two,” Leighanne said.

“I know isn’t he? I am so glad he is here….and I could have only imagined what he would have weighed if he came two weeks later,”

“No kidding he is a big boy.

“AJ…thanks for taking care of the twins…you think you could be our live in nanny?” Kaylee teased.

“As much as I love staying in your house I think I would like to have my own space, but I would baby sit in a heartbeat if you ever need me,”  he smiled and kissed Kaylee on the cheek.

“OK everyone visit time is over for a little while Kaylee needs some rest visiting hours will resume in 3 hours if you all want to come back then.” The nurse said.

“Ok see you later Kaylee…bye bye Preston we will see you home soon.” Everyone left the room. Nick came over and sat down on the bed next to Kaylee while she was holding Preston.

“You know this is perfect…this life if just so perfect I don’t ever want it to end…so when do you want to try for another?” Nick laughed.

“You have to be kidding right? Damn Nick we just had one yesterday and you already want another? I don’t think so,” Kaylee said,” Can we wait at least a year or two I can only imagine the kind of trouble these three are going to get into Nick, but I wouldn’t mind having more though,” Kaylee smiled as she looked down at Preston.

“Good…I am glad you want more,” Nick replied as he too looked at Preston.  Their lives were yet once beginning again.   It all started with just a letter and then ended into something more than Kaylee would have ever imagined in a lifetime. There were more journeys ahead for the ever growing Carter family but only time will tell if they could truly handle the chaos that was going to be surrounding them in the years to come.

End Notes:
Please let me know what you thought!!!
Thank Yous by Carter

I just would like to say thank you to everyone who read this story! This story was a story that i could really connect with and write about and it was a great experience to write it and even though it took me two years to complete it, it is very sad to see that it is finally done and complete and I am working on a sequel right  now so be looking for that soon enough.

here is a little fact about the last chapter though....that actually happened when i was pregnant with my daughter...it went almost exactly like that except i dont have twins hehe ;)

But thank you all again for reading my Answer Is You and I hope you enjoyed ths story as much as i enjoyed writing it...and i hope to see all of you reading the sequel as well :)

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6918