Siberia by rach_rach
Summary: Rachel met this 'famous and selfish jerk' on the way to the Bahamas- her dream vacation. But somehow, without even realizing it, he's beginning to changer her life...just when she was about to decide what to do, something happened. Something horrible that would haunt her for the rest of her life. Will everything still be the same after that? Read and review please!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 17385 Read: 28736 Published: 02/18/06 Updated: 08/26/06

1. Chapter 1 by rach_rach

2. Chapter 2 by rach_rach

3. Chapter 3 by rach_rach

4. Chapter 4 by rach_rach

5. Chapter 5 by rach_rach

6. Chapter 6 by rach_rach

7. Chapter 7 by rach_rach

8. Chapter 8 by rach_rach

9. Chapter 9 by rach_rach

10. Chapter 10 by rach_rach

11. Chapter 11 by rach_rach

12. Chapter 12 by rach_rach

13. Chapter 13 by rach_rach

14. Chapter 14 by rach_rach

15. Chapter 15 by rach_rach

16. Chapter 16 by rach_rach

Chapter 1 by rach_rach
It’s the middle of September right now. The weather’s beginning to cool down a bit over here in California, but it sometime still gets too worm inside the apartment. The air conditioner’s broken so Rachel has to open the window all the time to let in some cool air.

It’s another typical Saturday morning; Rachel’s got a day off from her part time at McDonald’s. That job was fun from the beginning, she used to joggle with the potatoes there, but everything got really boring after a while and she’s sick of that job now.

She woke up as the usual Saturdays. Check out her room. It’s not that messy, but not neat either. The furniture doesn’t even match, she’s not one of the ‘girly girls’ like her best friend Anie-she doesn’t like cleaning, she doesn’t really like decorating her room either. Nothing on the wall. She just never have the mood.

She put on a black long sleeve and got out the bed and yawned hugely. She walked slowly toward the bathroom, and closed the door heavily behind her. She looked into the mirror and saw a girl with her strait, dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail with some freckles on her face, average height, probably around the age of 24. She yawned again and started brushing her teeth.

After she took a shower she heard her cell phone ring. She pulled on her pajamas and rushed back into the room to answer it.

“Hello?” she said.

“Hey there RR.” A girl’s voice said brightly.

“Anie. You’re right next door of me, just come in okay? You in love with your cell phone?”

“I told you, my mom’s back from New York and she’s gonna pay for everything, ok?” Anie said, “Hey can you have, like, a month off from your part time thingy?”

“For what? This is like the fourth time Anie, you’re gonna get me sacked someday, missy.” Rachel laughed.

“Me and my parents are going to the Bahamas for vacation. A whole month, you coming? Come on, time to take a break.” Anie pleaded.

“Not before I get a job,” Rachel said carelessly. “I mean like a real job.” Going to the Bahamas is one of her dreams, but no way, a part timer at McDonald’s can’t afford anything.

Anie knew her too well; she even knew what is she thinking. “Don’t worry about money, I said my mom’s gonna pay for everything. She’s nice.”

“I’m in,” Rachel said at once.

Anie started laughing uncontrollably over the phone Rachel can even hear the laughter coming through her doorway. “I knew it, you old miserly woman-just kidding! We’re leaving Monday.”

“That’s great. You’re right, I need a break.” Rachel grabbed her pillow and sneaked out her door. Anie’s door was wide open next to hers, inside Anie’s got pink pajamas on and she’s sitting on her bed with her back to Rachel.

“So the both of us better start the shopping’s. Like, right now.” Anie sounded excited.

“I can’t WAIT!” Rachell screamed and threw her pillow at Anie. “HEY!” Anie yelled back and threw it back at her. Rachel hung up her phone and went to hug Anie. “Thanks a lot, girl.”




*A/N* yeah the first chapter's kinda short and sucky but hey don't blame me nothing happens...read on, it gets better
Chapter 2 by rach_rach
These two days sure have gone faster than Rachel expected. She and Anie went out shopping, for almost everything: food, clothes, lotions, they bought it all. Rachel almost forgot how fun shopping was.

Finally Monday arrived. The four of them walked around the airport excitedly, Rachel never enjoyed airplane rides, but this time she can’t wait to get on there. Rachel’s dragging a huge luggage with her right hand, and carrying her usual black handbag except it’s full today like it was going to explode, she had a green jacket over her shoulder and a pink cap over her head.

They found their seats in the plane and sat down. Rachel and Anie got seats next to each other, Anie’s parents were at the end of the plane. After a little fight, Anie got the seat close to the window.

After what seemed like half an hour, they were on the top of the clouds. When they looked down at the clouds they looked like sheep’s with their hair as white as the snow. It was really beautiful.

The one thing Rachel loved to do on the airplane was…eating. She’s hungry all the time so she eats, and it’s a wonder how she’s still got that nice body. She gained only 2 pounds with all that eating in a whole year-as if she cared.

She looked to her right. A blond guy was staring at her, he was pretty tall, and had on a green T-shirt with a skull across the chest. “Hey! What’s up?” he waved at her. Beside her, Anie gasped, “Ohmygosh, RR, it’s Nick Carter!” Rachel knew who he was. She waved back and turned back to Anie. “So, An, do you know what hotel are we-” Nick interrupted her rudely. “What’s your name? I’m Nick. Well I suppose you know that already.” He gave her his killer smile, beside her she heard Anie’s moan that got quickly turned into a cough. “Yeah I know who you are. And excuse me, but I don’t like giving out my name to strangers.” “RR! Just tell him!” Anie hissed. Rachel looked around-Anie’s face was tomato red. Rachel felt like laughing, she’d take a picture of her if she’s got a camera right now. She ignored Nick and took out a book to read. “Come, on tell me!” Nick pleaded.

No answer.

After a while, she heard someone else talking to her right. Someone else was sleeping beside Nick and now he’s wakened up-Brian, Rachel recognized him too. He looked really nice, hair looking good too, unlike Nick’s-he looked like he haven’t washed them for a week or something. She couldn’t make out what were they talking about though. “Hey…Brian it’s you!” she couldn’t help herself talking to him, “are you guys heading to the Bahamas too?” Brian gave her a friendly smile, “Yup, we’re staying for a month. We’re just, you know, taking a break from all that touring. What’s your name?” “It’s Rachel.” Nick looked pretty angry. “Why didn’t that work for me?”

No answer again.

Rachel went back to her reading, but suddenly someone behind her cried “WOAH!” and then all she knew was they spilled a bottle full of orange juice over her head. She screamed at the top of her voice. People around them turned their head around to look at her, some laughing, some muttering. She even heard Anie laughing beside her. “Oh. My. GOD! Who was that?” she squealed.

“Whoa, I’m terribly sorry ma’am, it was all AJ’s fault-he pushed me-” A guy’s head popped out from the top of Rachel’s seat, looking scared. Rachel squinted and somewhat made out it was Kevin. “I didn’t push you dawg, you just weren’t careful enough-” This one must be AJ, Rachel could tell without looking. She didn’t say anything, just got up and sprinted toward the bathroom, embarrassed.

She closed the door heavily and locked it. She peeked into the mirror-oh god. Her hair was covered by sticky orange juice, and her white T-shirt’s not ever going to look white again. Why did she have to wear this today?? Juices are still dripping down her hair. Someone knocked the door, “You okay, Rach?” Nick’s voice came from outside. “It’s Rachel.” She said, annoyed. “And please go away.” Nick chuckled, “I’ll think of a nice comeback for Kevin. Are you ok? Open the door. I gotta pee.” “Then what about me? I’m like covered in this sticky-sicky-” she grabbed some tissue and started wiping the juice on her hair. Surely works better than hair spray, she thought bitterly.

“Come out there there’s nothing you can do to that mess-I really gotta pee! Emergency!” “Fine.” She unlocked the door but then Nick opened the door, came in and slammed it shut again. The bathroom was tiny, plus Nick’s height, the both of them were squished together in there. “OW! What are you doing you scandal? Get out of here!” Rachel said. Her felt sick and dizzy-not because of Nick, she’s plane sick. Uh-oh, this is no good.

Nick wanted to say something but he closed his mouth shut again. He tried to grab her hand but she jerked it away. “This is not funny, Nick, get out of here, I said.” She said in a serious tone this time. She felt like throwing up so she shut her mouth real tight to hold it back. “Calm down…I’m not going to do anything bad.” He said innocently, “Come on, be my date…please! I really like you,” he said. “Oh please, you don’t even know me,” Rachel scoffed. She tried to keep the distance between them but it appeared to be impossible. “Well at least give me a chance to get to know you…” Nick said, and before she knew what was going on he leaned over and pressed his lips against hers.

Rachel forgot all about the whole vomiting thing. Her stomach gave away and she pushed him away from her just in time to throw up all over his shirt. “YOW!” Nick cried, Rachel threw his hands over her mouth to stop it. She couldn’t think anything to say (mostly because she couldn’t say anything). She was sorry but mad about Nick trying to kiss her at the same time. Before her Nick’s grabbing handful of tissues to wipe his shirt, she just turned around, opened the door and ran for it. Nick came after her.

She knew how ridiculous the both of them looked. Rachel, with her hair and shirt covered in orange juice, her hands over her mouth, after her there’s Nick, looking fluttered with vomit all over his shirt.

That did it. Everybody was laughing, pointing…some of them taking pictures. Rachel’s REALLY embarrassed now. She ran to her seat and sat down, and put her hood over her head. Beside her Anie’s mouth was wide open. “W-what happened? I thought-look what you did to Nick-”

Nick walked slowly back to his seat. He sat down beside Brian, who was speechless. He had his mouth wide open like Anie.” “Dude…what happened in there?” Kevin asked, laughing. “Way to go,” AJ said to her and smiled at her really wide, “I wanna try that someday…” “Come on, I’m not that bad, am I?” Nick joked. “I’m plane sick.” Rachel spit out the words through her fingers. “I used to do that. It gets better after you ride the airplane for probably a thousand times. Wanna come and sit with me? Brian can move.” He asked.

He got no answer again.

“So, what happened in there?” Anie asked her excitedly. She almost screamed out loud when Rachel finished. “You got to kiss Nick Carter! Wow, you know you are the luckiest girl in the world right?” Anie tried hard to keep her voice down. “Acturally no.” Rachel said carelessly. Anie stared at her in a really weird way.
Chapter 3 by rach_rach
They arrived shortly after that. Rachel and Anie got their stuff and walked out of the plane quickly into the airport. There was a big sign over their heads that says “Welcome to the Grand Bahama”. Rachel quickly put on her hood again. “Come on, we need to clean that mess up.” Anie grabbed her into the girl’s bathroom. Keep your hood on, we’ll do your hair when we get to the hotel…change that shirt…wow I feel sorry for you…”

Yeah. Basically the first expression the Backstreet Boys gave Rachel was bad. Nick winking and trying to kiss her, Kevin spilling juice on her, AJ laughing…she felt sick thinking about it. She just wished never to see them again.

After five minutes Rachel changed into another black T-shirt with the green jacket outside and the hood on. They waited at the door for Anie’s parents. “So how did the ride go, girls?” they asked. “Oh it was fine.” Rachel lied. Totally. They walked out the airport; it’s really sunny out there. Lots of people walking on the street, she could see the sea to her right. She felt quite stupid with a hood in this hot day. “Pirates used to bury their treasures there,” Anie said. “There were lots of pirates in 1700, they were so damn famous.” Rachel’s surprised she knew all that. “I thought you were bad at Social Studies?” “I’ve been doing some researches on the internet.” Anie said brightly. I know basically everything now. I can be your tourist.” Rachel laughed. “That’s awesome. So I bet you’ve already planned out everything, right?” “We can go swimming, of course, bicycling, sailing, shopping, for sure, they’ve got all that funky stuff in the mall, and fishing… that would be so much fun.” “Wow, this is gonna be the best vacation ever.” Behind them, Anie’s parents called a taxi, it was painted green and yellow. They got in, Anie’s dad sat in the front seat and Rachel, Anie and her mom got squished in the backseat with the luggages.

“First time in the Bahamas, huh?” the driver smiled at them and asked friendly. He looked like an American just like them; he didn’t have any accent either. “Yeah we are. How did you tell?” Rachel asked curiously. “Look at your clothes.” He chuckled, “I bet you guys are from America just like me! Where are you guys headed?” “Pelican Bay Hotel.” Beside him Anie’s dad replied. “That’s a fine place.” The driver said and took off.

Anie talked to the driver the whole ride. Of course, she knew everything around already so when the driver tells them about where to go and what to do she usually interrupts him. Rachel pushed her arm. It was really annoying.

She got tired looking out the windows- it looked a lot like Hawaii. She scanned her luggage beside her, everything was fine, it was still fully stuffed and locked. She reached her hand into her right pocket for her cell phone, but there was something else in it-a little piece of paper. “What’s this?” she muttered to herself and pulled it out. It’s got a pretty crappy handwriting on it that says “Call me” and a phone number.

Nick.

Rachel’s really annoyed now. She can’t believe that he thought she was going to call back. She opened the window but she stopped the moment she was about to throw it outside. Well I do own him an apologize, she thought miserablely. I never said sorry, for throwing up on him. It was my bad.

The taxi finally stopped in the front door of a fine looking building. It looked new and pretty tall, and it’s got decorations over it. On its opposite was a beautiful beach, and the sun was setting in that direction making the water sparkle with red and gold. They got off the car and said good-bye to the driver, the sun is setting and Rachel looked at her watch. 6:30 PM. They started walking toward the hotel, but none of them noticed that the taxi did not leave-the driver pulled back and parked it right outside the door.


Rachel woke up at 6’o clock in the morning the next day. Last night she and Anie were both exhausted so they went to bed, like, really really early. She looked beside her, Anie was still fast asleep so she decided to give Nick a call. He might be still asleep but who cares, this might be her only chance to call him without Anie noticing. She sneaked out of her bed in her pajamas quietly and went to get her jacket. She grabbed it and put it on then sneaked out into the hall. No one was out there. She heard snores coming out of the room next to theirs. Good.

She took out her cell phone and the paper both out of the pocket. She exhaled, and dialed number.

What surprised her was that she heard a phone ringing from the room right next to theirs.
Chapter 4 by rach_rach
NO. WAY. She hit herself in the head. Wake up, wake up, please…Nick Carter? Next door to us? No way! He’s gonna ruin her vacation!!! “Why?” she said to the sky.

There was a stumble in that room, and then Nick’s sleepy-ish voice came out of the phone speaker. “Hello?” the volume was much louder than Rachel expected. She was sure Nick heard that. “Oh shit…” she mumbled, covered the speaker with her hand and ran down the hall on high speed. “Hello?” Nick said again, even louder this time. Really loud. Rachel knew she shouldn’t have set the volume to high, she was sure Nick’s ‘hello?” woke up people in the doors next to her right now. She stopped running. “Will you shut up?” she hissed to the phone. Too late, Nick’s head peeked out the door down at the other side of the hall.

“HEY It’s you! Small world!” he shouted. “I said shut up-” Rachel said but her speech got interrupted by her scream. Nick ran outside without even realizing that he was still only in his boxers. She turned around in time, “NIIICK!” she screamed on her highest volume. “Okay, okay, sorry…” she heard Nick running back into his room.Someone was waking up in the room next to her.

“Okay, just turn around. Is it really you? Wow I never thought I would see you again!” she made sure it’s safe now and turned around to look at him. He had on a blue pajama. Rachel was still a little embarrassed, because of what happened on the plane. “I-” suddenly the door right next to her slammed open and hit her right in the nose. “OW!” she felt blood dripping down her nose and threw her hands over her face, her eyes watering.

“OH I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to-,” a scared voice said. She peeked through her fingers-it was Howie, the last one of the Backstreet Boys that she haven’t met on the plane. “Are you ok?” he asked. “Howie! God! Look at what you did to her! …Way to ruin a moment…Uh, maybe you should come in, Rach…come on I know how to cure nosebleeds, I mean it.” He ran down the hall and pulled Rachel back into his room and closed the door. Howie’s really confused now. “Hey Nick wait! Who’s that? Your new-Wait!”

The room smelled like garbage can. It was slightly bigger than her and Anie’s and clothes were all over the floor. Two beds just like next-door, one empty, the other one’s got…Brian in it, fast asleep. He looks cute when he’s asleep, Rachel thought. Nick rushed into the bathroom and grabbed some toilet paper, “Eww, n-” he pushed the papers over Rachel’s nose before she finished. “Okay, which one’s bleeding?” he’s not even trying to press down his voice, yet Brian lay there still, sleeping like a dead man. “Both,” Rachel said in a muffled voice. “Wow…it must’ve hurt.” Nick said softly, peeking through the papers. “You bet,” Rachel said, “now do something to it…” He put his hand over hers to hold the paper. “Raise you arms in the air-no, both.” “I didn’t know that helps…” Rachel said, rising up her arms. “Trust me, I know the stuff,” he sort of laughed, “just in case. It happens to me a bit often.”

Fast enough, Rachel felt the blood stopped dripping down after about a minute. Nick’s got her blood all over his hand but he didn’t seem to mind. “Okay I think it’s gone…” Rachel said and took off the papers. “Now go wash your face, you look like a vampire…”

Rachel somehow felt that Nick has…well…changed. In that airplane he was annoying and arrogant, but now he seem so much matured and friendly and all… “Thanks a lot Nick, I’d better go now.” Rachel said, walking toward the door. “Oh yeah,” She remembered the reason why she gave him the call. “Sorry for waking you up, I just wanted to call and give you an apologize, sorry for throwing up all over you-” she started laughing uncontrollably, “and-well, sorry…I never apologized on the plane…” Nick started laughing too. “It’s alright. Actually my shirt looked even better that way…hey listen, you wanna go down to the beach with us? It’s gonna be fun,” he asked hopefully.
“I don’t know I haven’t planned yet.” Rachel walked toward the door, “I’d better go now. Thanks again.” She gave him a smile and closed the door behind her. Nick was still staring at her when she closed the door.


“Hey RR, I was thinking about going to the beach, coming?” Anie said brightly. Rachel’s mouth fell open. “Wha-why-oh nothing. Fine I’ll go with you, but I warn you I’m no expert at swimming like you, so don’t force me to.” Rachel said. “Alright. Where were you this morning? I woke up and you weren’t there.” Anie asked curiously. “I was down at the basement…buying gums. Forgot to bring some.” She lied. Anie’s gonna freak out again if she knew she was in Nick’s room the whole morning.

The sunshine’s too bright outside, so she went over to pull down the curtain. Anie is beginning to pack up the lotions and sunglasses and all that stuff. “I hate bikini.” Rachel said, opening her suitcase. “I don’t get it…you’ve got a nice body.” Anie said. “It’s too girly for me.” Rachel replied, “Why didn’t you just get me a normal one?” She pulled out the bikini Anie got for her from the bottom of her suitcase. Then she shrieked. “PINK? Here, take mine,” She threw it at Anie at once, “No way, I’m not wearing that.” She stared at the hot pink bikini. “What? It’s cute! Unlike mine, I didn’t have enough money that day so now I have to wear my sister’s old one…it’s black…with nothing on it…” “That’s great! I’ll take that one.” Rachel said at once and went over to grab it. “You weirdo…sometimes I’m just curious if you are even a girl-I’m joking!” Anie laughed.

The girls changed into their bikinis. Anie and Rachel both put a T-shirt over them, Anie grabbed her bag and they took off. Rachel prayed to god they won’t see Nick there, too bad she doesn’t believe in him. She just wanted to have fun, with no one else but Anie. They got into the elevator, went down to the basement. And when they got out the sunlight was so bright down there Rachel could barely open her eyes. She squinted and saw 5 guys in shorts right in front of them.

“Oh shit.” Rachel said and tried to push Anie to the side, the God has disappointed her once again.

Too late, Nick turned around and spotted them, “Hey! What’s up?”

“Oh…no.” Rachel sighed. She was right- her vacation's ruined. All she wanted to spend time with was Anie.




A/N: Yay more updates. Thanks for the reviews, keep them comin
Chapter 5 by rach_rach
There they were, down at the beach. Bright sun, cool wind, Rachel’s never seen such a nice weather before. Not in California anyways.

Anie was sitting next to her putting on lotions, with her face tomato red again. In front of them Nick and AJ took out a football and started tossing it around. Nick won’t stop running and jumping so he got sands all over Rachel’s shirt, and she took it off for good.

“….What are you staring at?” she asked when she caught Nick’s eyes. “Nothing. Want to join?” Nick asked them brightly. “No thanks.” Rachel said in a bored voice. “Come on, look at the nice weather, don’t just sit there!” Nick said again. Rachel yawned. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

Nick smirked and Rachel new something bad was coming. “What if…I DON’T WANT TO?” he cried loudly and carried her up across the waist. “NOOO! NICK WHAT ARE YOU DOING...let me down!” Rachel screamed, but Nick ignored her, he laughed and ran toward the water. “No. Nick, don’t, I can’t swim!!”

SPLASH.

Rachel grabbed him on the neck so the both of them ended up in the water. That was some big splash, for Nick was so heavy. Rachel choked on the water and let go of him. “That’s it,” Rachel said, thinking furiously for a comeback. “that’s it, this is what you get for messing with me.” She inhaled. “OH MY GOD LOOK!!! IT’S NICK CARTER IN THE WATER!!!” She screamed on the top of her voice, toward the land. She turned around to see Nick’s face when a couple of fan girls came for him screaming like mad-priceless. Of course, Nick took off and ran for it, leaving Rachel there in the water laughing her head off.


After a while Nick came back to her looking exhausted with a few scratches over his body. “That was actually cool,” he said after he caught his breath. “thanks for reminding…I need a diet. Now take that.” He flicked water at her. She flicked back, back on the land some people were watching, Kevin didn’t look happy. He stood there watching them, arms crossed.

Brian and AJ joined with a pink beachball. “Don’t ask,” Brian told them. He was slightly thinner than Nick. He goofed around a bit trying to swim with the ball on the top of his head, then Nick got bored and said he want to go surfing. “We got no time today Mister, remember that party?” AJ said. He’s more muscular. “But it’s boring! It’s not even a party, we got no friends there, and you have to say stuff and-” Rachel have no idea what they’re talking about, so she swimed(she tried) back onto the land. She grabbed a towel, wrapped it around herself and sat next to Anie. She didn’t look right. “You OK, An?” she asked. “Looks like he likes you,” she blurted out with a sour face.

“Wha-” Rachel was surprised. She know what’s going on-Anie’s jealous! “It’s nothing Anie! I don’t-I don’t like him, he’s a jerk! I really didn’t mean to-” Rachel tried to explain, but Anie didn’t want to listen. “You get to-this is so unfa-” she got interrupted by Brian, who just came back, “Hey there, I saw you on the plane too!” he said brightly, drying his body and putting on his T-shirt. “What’s your name?”
Anie blushed a bit, but not as much as last time. “I’m Anie.” She smiled and flicked her blond curly hair nervously.

There, she’s happy again-actually she was a bit hyper now. “He’s gorgeous isn’t he?” he said to her dreamily, looking at Brian. “Yeah he is,” Rachel answered without thinking, “too bad he’s taken…he’s real sweet, whoever married him must be lucky.” Anie grinned.

This is Anie. Her mood change in the speed of light. Weird.

Beside them, Howie was fast asleep. Rachel didn’t know anyone that can fall asleep in this weather on a beach before. Kevin was staring at Rachel, but the moment she caught his eyes he jerked away to stare at Nick. Brian was sitting beside them taking pictures in his T-shirt and shorts. “Smile!” he told her and Anie, and took the picture. Then they went over to take a picture with him together. He smelled nice, Rachel noticed. Brian’s such a sweetheart, Rachel found herself thinking.

Nick and AJ are still out there in the water playing with the beachball. “Guys, it’s time to go!” Brian stood up and shouted to them.


They guys headed back to the hotel after saying goodbye. Nick gave her a wink before he left. He got ignored again.

Her and Anie started packing up. Rachel doesn’t mean to eavesdrop, but she just happened to hear every single word the guys said on their way back. Maybe they were a bit close. Maybe they talked too loud.

“Dude…that Rach girl or whatever you call her, who is she, your new gal? How come I’ve never seen her before?” Howie asked, still sleepish. “We met her on the plane, you were sleeping again.” Brian answered, knocking water out of his ears. “She’s cute, if you ask me.” “And what happened today morning?” Howie asked again, “I asked you but you didn’t answer…dude, I thought you did her or something, but it doesn’t look like it.” Nick answered back, he sounds annoyed. “No, it’s serious this time!” “That’s not fair! Kevin dumped juice on your girlfriend! Last time I did that you dumped back…” AJ cried. They got into the hotel so Rachel can’t hear anything more. She ran toward the entrance of the hotel, opened the door and peeked in. They were turning left walking to the elevator. “That’s what you said when you met Paris.” Kevin said, rather coldly. “And how did it turn out? She’s just a pretty face, doesn’t worth a-” “Shut up.” They got into the elevator; Nick and Kevin are starting to shout to each other. Then the door closed.

Fine, she eavesdropped, but…Rachel gone a bit speechless.
Chapter 6 by rach_rach
Back in Anie and Rachel’s hotel room. The sun is beginning to set; the beach sparkled like diamond like it did yesterday. Some faint lights of the sun pressed against the window, entering the room through the curtains.

Anie’s planning out the evening beside her. She didn’t tell her what she heard from the guys, mostly afraid. Not just afraid of her being jealous, also…well let’s just say that she usually keeps stuff to herself. All she looked at Nick as is a…not even a friend, some famous selfish guy that she doesn’t really know of. They just met! They barely know eachother, is something wrong with his brain or something, what did he mean by ‘serious’?

Forget it, he’s not taking it seriously. She went with that conclusion. But what about Kevin? He doesn’t like me at all. Maybe I should just-

“RR you okay? You look a bit…dazed,” Anie was scrubbing something down her purple notebook. “I’m fine.” She answered. Still dazing.

From next door there came a faint tune of guitar sound. Anie jumped right up from the couch, “I think it’s Nick playing the guitar!” she looked extremely excited, “want to go next door and listen?” “No! Honestly Anie, what’s so good about him? He’s just a jerk.” Rachel answered carelessly. The room cooled down a bit so Rachel buttoned up her jacket. Anie’s ears went red, “Nick? He’s no jerk! He-” “Alright, alright,” Rachel was a bit annoyed, “fine if you really want to go, go yourself. I’m staying.” She didn’t mean to be rude like that, she just wished that she could tell her everything, how she wished they never met the boys, how much she wanted to spend the vacation with her best friend, according to plan. Nick liking her, Kevin hating her…things are messed up, becoming so complicated.

Anie was angry, she could tell. She sat back down on the couch, didn’t say anything else. They didn’t do anything else that night. They didn’t even talk to each other. Rachel went to bed early again. She felt quite bored and empty inside without Anie talking to her, but she didn’t want to be the one to apologize. It wasn’t her fault.


The next morning Anie wasn’t in her bed when she woke up. Wondering where is she, Rachel got up, took a shower and got dressed. Maybe Anie’s with her parents in their room, Rachel didn’t bother looking for her.

Next door AJ pounded on the wall and shouted, “Hey girls, got any plans today? We’re going out-” “Got the whole day planned, sorry.” Rachel interrupted. Then there came Nick’s voice, “Come on! Come with us! It’s always the five of us, so boring.” “Are you going?” Rachel asked loudly. “Yeah ‘course I am!” Nick answered hopefully. “Then I’m not going.” She said, in a quite cold tone.

Nick didn’t answer. But after 10 seconds he slammed open Rachel’s door and bursted inside. “Don’t you knock?” Rachel squealed at him. “Knock, knock. Whatever.” He sat next to her on her bed. “Listen I gotta talk to you,” he said, staring at her with his blue eyes. “Well maybe I don’t want to listen?” Rachel said coldly. “Get out, and stop bothering me. Why can’t you just leave me alone and let me enjoy my vacation? I might never come here again in my life, I don’t want to spoil it.”

“I don’t mean to spoil your vacation!” Nick said innocently. “I just want to, you know,” he shrugged, “get to know you.”

Maybe it was Nick’s innocent tune and his sparkly blue eyes doing some magic but Rachel doesn’t feel like being mean to him anymore. He didn’t do anything wrong after all, plus he was so nice to her last morning when she got that bloody nose. “What’s your plan? I don’t think Anie’s coming but I’m going.”


“Hey look! Roller coaster!” Nick pointed, “Who wants go for a ride?” They’ve been walking for half an hour just because Nick wanted that stupid roller coaster ride. “I thought you had plans?” Rachel said to him. “Yeah but I forgot what was it.”

Beside them AJ was whining. “I’m wearing boots, Nick, BOOTS! I hate you Nick, you can make me walk but hell no I’m not going.” There was a bench on the sidewalk, he sat down and refused to get up again. “Then I’m out, too.” Kevin said and sat down beside AJ, who took off his boots and started massaging his feet.

“COME ON GUYS! Where’s the spirit? We’re on a vacation!” Nick said, neck going slightly red. “He’s right guys, it’s-” Brian got interrupted by Kevin, “Yeah, you’re always with him aren’t you, no matter what he does.” Kevin said coolly. Somehow Rachel knew what he was talking about by that, it wasn’t about the whole ride thing. Brian stared at him but didn’t say anything else. “Come on Nick. We’re going with you.” Howie looked a bit sleepish but he walked along with them. Rachel wanted to tell them that she doesn’t want to go either but it wasn’t the right time. Also she didn’t want to stay with Kevin on the bench.

They walked toward the ride. It was in this park but it was huge. A bit similar to Disney land. They could see roller coasters, haunted house, and all sorts of rides. She remembered seeing this place on the newspaper but she couldn’t remember the name of this place. She felt herself shivering when they looked up at the roller coaster from the ticket-selling place. “I can’t. Nick I can’t get on there!” She whined. “I’ll stay down here wait for you guys.”

Nick, Brian and Howie all turned to stare at her which made her gulp. “What?” “Stop kidding already, everyone can ride a roller coaster, it’s fun. Except maybe you might pass out if you’re 80 but hey your not so just come.” He grabber her by the wrist but she tried hard to pull it back. “Uhh…I’ll go get the tickets.” Brian said, watching the both of them struggling. “Wait! I’ll go too!” Howie went after him.

“I can’t so don’t make me!” Rachel’s really scared now. She’s never been onto a roller coaster in her life. “Yes you can, you can do anything if you mean it,” Nick said, still pulling her hard. “Me and Brian ride roller coasters until we puked. Just come on!”

After 5 minutes Rachel was sitting next to Nick on the roller coaster, her mouth slightly open. She can’t believe that she’s actually doing this but there she is, sitting on it, heart pounding against her chest. “Alright are you ready for this rock ‘n roll roller coaster ride?” Beside her Nick was putting on his seat belt, rocking around excitedly. “No.” putting on her seat belt too with a shaking hand, Rachel replied with a high-pitched voice. “Don’t you wimp out, we’re already on it now.” He said. “You’re like Aaron. First scared, then end up liking it.” “But I don’t AHHHHHH! NOOOO-”
Chapter 7 by rach_rach
At last it was all over, Rachel was sitting on her seat, heart still pounding hard. “How was that? Awesome right?” Nick asked. Behind them Brian was laughing hard about something. Rachel sat there and thought for a minute. “…I want to do it again!” she laughed out loud. Nick starts laughing hysterically, “I knew it! Howie, what’s up with you?” He turned around to check because Howie was coughing like crazy. “I-sm-On-” “He sneezed during the ride.” Brian was laughing uncontrollably, “It wasn’t a smart thing to do…he’s fine…haha…” Rachel can’t stop herself from laughing along with them. She wiped her sweaty hands on her jeans, that’s when she realized that she was holding Nick’s right hand. Then she realized she’s been doing that throughout the whole ride.

Her first reaction was jerking it back. Nick stopped laughing and turned to stare at her. “What?” he asked. Your face, that’s what she would have said if he asked that two days ago. “Nothing.” She merely shrugged, can’t think of anything else to say beside that. Brian was still laughing like crazy, clutching his stomach. Slowly, Nick took her hand again.

She didn’t want to jerk it back this time. Feeling a bit red, she covered her mouth with her sleeve to hide the smile.


After another ride of roller coaster, Rachel’s was beginning to love it. Howie refused to come with them on the second ride. After that Brian bought them drinks, and they wondered around the park some more, cracking up at Nick and Howie’s jokes.

This is so much fun, she thought, if only Anie was there…


“So, I’ll see you tomorrow.” It was in the afternoon when they’re back in their hotel rooms. Nick told Rachel that he’s got plans for tomorrow and he wrote them down in case he forgot. She agreed when he asked if she would come. It’s been a nice day, she had lots of fun with the boys…she wondered what was Anie planning to do today, if she was there at all.

Strange, the door room was locked. When Rachel opened it with the key, Anie still wasn’t there. There were no signs of her being back while Rachel was away either. She’s beginning to get worried, she checked her cell phone but there were no missed calls…what’s up with her?

“Hello?” She called Anie’s parents to check if she’s there. She still didn’t want to talk to Anie, “Mrs. Valle? Yeah, it’s Rachel…I was just calling to check if Anie’s with you guys?”

“What? I thought she was with you?” Mrs. Valle sounds worried. “She’s not here.”

Rachel’s jaw dropped a bit. Where could she be? “But she’s been gone since morning-I thought she was with you guys!”

“We haven’t seen her since yesterday! Mr. Valle and me have our own plans.” Mrs. Valle answered.

“Oh. Well I expect she just went out to see a movie or something on her own, it’s nothing-don’t get worried, I bet she’ll be back by night.

“She better does.”

“Ok, bye Mrs. Valle.”

Anie didn’t come back at night. Rachel sat there reading her book, watching television, waiting for her to be back but she didn’t. It was 9’o clock, next door Nick’s playing his guitar again, but still no sign of Anie.

Rachel called her twenty times but she won’t answer either. Her’s heart began to pound faster, feeling extremely worried. Something didn’t…happen to her, I hope…she called again. Pick up, pick up…please…Is it because she can’t hear it? Doesn’t want to answer? Or…can’t answer? Is she in trouble? She doesn't know anyone here, so she can't be at a friend's...

Rachel didn’t dare to call Anie’s parents again, afraid they might get worried. She decided to wait until tomorrow, then tell them if Anie’s still not back. Is it all her fault? She’s not THAT mad at her, is she?

She didn’t sleep well that night. Not just because of Nick’s snores. Unable to sleep, she got up in the middle of the night to get some water…still no Anie, no Anie the whole night. She felt quite empty without her there; she lied on her bed trying to fall asleep again, making up her mind to tell Mrs. Valle the next morning.
Chapter 8 by rach_rach
“Hey… Nick? You awake?” it was 7 in the morning, Rachel pounded lightly on the wall where Nick’s bed is supposed to be. No answer, she knocked again, harder this time. “What the hell?” someone yelled. “Uhh…you’re not Brian, are you?” Rachel hissed to the wall. “Nah, its chaos. Why did you wake me up? I had this dream and-” “Forget about the dream…Anie! She’s gone and I haven’t seen her for a whole day!” she said, forgetting to press down her voice. “Who, your friend?” Nick yawned. “Yeah. Where could she be? She doesn’t know anyone here!” “That’s weird…” Nick said, sounding more serious. “Yeah…I haven’t even told her parents yet, it’s only been one day…I’ll tell them later, maybe.” She said. “Nick, I’m worried.” “Don’t worry, she’s gonna be fine. It’s only one day after all. Now get some sleep, it’s…holy shit…only 7!” “I’ll try.” She shrugged. “Alright.” She heard Nick blowing her a kiss next door.

Time passed by quicker than Rachel expected. 9’o clock in the morning, she got up, got dressed and walked down slowly to Anie’s parents’ room downstairs. She took the stairs, hoping to take more time.

“Is Anie back yet?” was the first thing they asked when she entered their room. Rachel stepped in and shook her head. “Haven’t seen her since yesterday…” “I’m worried, Dave…where could that kid be?” Mrs. Valle frowned and asked her husband. “Uhh…Mrs. Valle?” Rachel asked softly, “Me and Anie had…sort of a fight the day before that…do you think she’s-” “Nah, I’m sure it’s not because of that…I mean, all friends fights…so what do we do now?” he said. Mrs. Valle stared at him for a while, then said coldly, “Why do I have a feeling that you don’t care about our daughter at all?” Mr. Valle stared back at her strangely. “What? I care about her, of course I do! I’m just not a worry-sick like you, I know she’s grown-up and can take care of herself already-” “Who are you calling a worry-sick?” Mrs. Valle asked loudly. “You! I try my best to-” Rachel felt rather bad and embarrassed starting a fight between Anie’s parents and now standing there watching. She backed up slowly and took the elevator back into her room.

She tried calling Anie again. No luck.

She sat in her room, not knowing what to do. Should she call the cops? But she shouldn’t do it yet until her parents agrees…So she sat there, flipping through Anie’s notebook, thinking hard. “September 22, Surfing at Lucaya Beach, September 23, shopping, September 24…” Anie wrote on her notebook in neat and cursive handwritings. If she’s in trouble…and the last thing we did together before her missing was fighting…Rachel felt even worse.

There was someone shouting something next door, then someone knocked on her door. “Come in,” she said. No surprise, it was Nick, but followed by AJ. “Hi.” She said to them. “What’s up.” AJ said and sat down on a chair, putting his feet up on the table. Nick sat on the couch.

“So, did you tell her parents?” Nick asked. “Yeah…they haven’t decided what to do, yet.” Rachel sighed. “Wait, what was her name again, Anie, right?” AJ suddenly asked. “Uh-huh.” “Well, you gotta do something. Call the cops.” He suggested. “Yeah…I will.”

Outside someone was calling AJ’s name, he stood up, bursted out of the room and ran down the hall in his boots.

Nick came to sit beside her on the bed, “Come on, it’s ok, we’ll find her. Stop being a worry-sick already.” “Who are you calling a worry-sick?” Rachel stared. “My toe. You! Who else? It’s only one night! She can take care of herself.” Rachel laughed slightly. It’s funny how all guys’ brains work the same way. “But what if she’s in trouble?” she said. “And what can you do about it right now? Nothing, right?” Nick said, “So instead of worrying why don’t you just sit back and hang. I’ll see ya later.” He disappeared into the hall.

Rachel wanted to tell him how much better he made her feel. She picked up her cell phone and dialed Mrs. Valle’s number once more.



“And hair color?” “Blonde.” “You guys got any pictures of her that can help us searching?” “Oh I have one, here…”

The cops were here, standing at the doorway of Anie’s parent’s room. Rachel’s there with them too. “Her cell phone number? Does she have one?” the officer asked. He wrote some more after Rachel told him Anie’s number. “Any other informations?” “No, I think that’s it.” Mrs. Valle answered and sniffed. Beside her Mr. Valle was biting his lips hard. “Ok, we’ll contact you guys as soon as we see any signs of her.” The officer said. “Yes, thank you so much…” Mrs. Valle answered and walked back into the room. “Where could she be…oh An…”

They almost spent the whole afternoon talking to the officer. Now it’s 5’o clock, the sun is setting again. Rachel was back in her own room. She thought this was going to be a perfect vacation, she thought it was going to be fun…all the excitement of being in the Bahamas has died away since Anie was missing. She was depressing thinking that they are going to spend the whole month looking for Anie. What if they can’t find her? It’s gonna be worse.

She peeked out of her window. A blonde guy was sitting on a bench by the beach, playing his guitar. It was Nick. She rushed toward the elevator, Nick was right, why doesn't she sit back and hang when there's nothing she can do about it?

It was cool outside, slightly colder than yesterday. She walked toward the bench Nick was sitting on. He was playing a slow and catchy melody, humming along with the music. She sat next to him as quiet as possible, not wanting to intterupt him. He hesitated, then continued on playing the song.

"Hey, what's up." he said, after it was over. Rachel clapped her hands, "Wow, that was awesome...you should add lyrics to it." "That's what I'm trying to do here, but everything's kinda fucked up lately so...can't really think of any..." he said, scratching his head. "What's going on?" Rachel asked curiously. "Kevin's pissing me off again." He simply said. Rachel knew what this is all about-it's about her. Great, now Nick and Kevin are having a fight because of her. She didn't dare to ask about it. She didn't want to tell him that she overheard them talking. "That's because, you know, he cares about you guys." she said in a careless way. The sky grew red like fire, the two people that were swimming took their stuff and went back into the hotel. Nick started playing another slow song. Then the melody suddenly changed, and he started singing along the music, "There was a farmer who had a dog, and Bingo was his name..." Rachel laughed and started singing along.

Why is he suddenly being...so cute? He's a cool guy, Rachel was suprised she never noticed it in the past few days. She turned to look at him-he had pretty blue eyes with long eyelashes, blonde and messy hair- Rachel can tell he's not taking careof his hair like Brian does, but somehow she find the messy hair cute on him. "B, I, N, G- What are you staring at?" he suddenly cracked up and slapped her lightly in the arm. "I'm not staring!" She chuckled. He stared back at her. Then he turned to look at the beach- The sun's beginning to dissapear behind the horizon. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Rachel turned to watch, too. "Yeah. Like you." Nick answered.

Rachel can't help herself from smiling widely.



A/N: yeah, pretty busy these days so can't update too often, hope you liked this chapter, leave a review or die! jk
Chapter 9 by rach_rach
Today's the 21th. The third day Anie is missing. That's the first thing Rachel thought of when she woke up in the morning. There's no sunshine coming in from the window like yesterday and the day before that. "Where are you?" she said to herself. Anie must be in trouble, she thought, if she's alright then she would have gave us a call ages ago...

Then suddenly started smiling when she remembered yesterday, when her and Nick were at the beach. He was sweet. I wonder what's he and the guys doing today?

After 30 minutes she was fully dressed, and that's when she heard disco music coming from next door. She went outside and peeked into Nick and Brian's room, and brian and Nick were doing some kind of real goofy tapdance in there. She turned away, forcing herself not to laugh out loud. "OUCH!" AJ bursted out of a door down at the other side of the hall. "Sorry." Inside the room, she heard Howie apologizing. AJ spotted Rachel in front of Nick and Brian's door, "What are they doing in there?" "Em, tap-dancing?" Rachel replied, expecting AJ to laugh. "What? Without me?" he asked loudly. That did it, Rachel set off laughing. AJ looked a bit confused, "What?"

AJ joined the dance. Next door, Rachel was flipping through Anie's notebook and listening to the music. Somehow she find herself thinking about Nick, who is laughing crazily next door. What's he laughing at? What are he and the guys doing today?

There was a journal entry at the back of Anie's notebook. The writing was pretty messy, seems like she wrote all of it in a rush. Rachel did not like the fact that she's actually sneaking Anie's journal, but she can't stop herslef from the reading on because she spotted her name on the very first line.

Today was supposed to be a good day. Oh my god! You'll never believe who me and RR met here in the Bahamas- Backstreet Boys! They are just too sweet. Nick, Howie and AJ are still single, maybe I'll get a chance to get to know them, haha. That's gonna be my dream coming true. But they all seem to like RR better, man I don't get it! Why? She doesn't even like them! I'm like, way better. We went to the beach together, Nick's been flirting with RR, AJ and Brian were with them, and Howie was sleeping. It's so unfair...it's supposed to be me! I deserve more than stupid RR, I've loved them for 3 years, I hate this, I really do. I hate the fact that I'm spending the entire vacation with that girl! @#$* She's ruining everything! AHHHHHH


Rachel couldn't believe what she's looking at. Her eyes went sore, feeling anger rushing up inside her. Anie's been missing for 3 days, she was thinking and worrying about her day and night, she couldn't fall asleep...and this is what she gets! This! That's it. She's missing, who cares? If she doesn't come back the whole month, who cares? Then she doesn't have to spend this wonderful vacation with 'stupid RR' anymore. She threw aside the notebook, and stood up. She's not going to being a worry-sick and worrying about Anie. She's going to enjoy the vacation with the guys! Ha! Beat that, Anie! You're better than me aren't you?

Actually she's feeling really bad inside. In need of some fresh air, she took her jacket and took the elevator down to the basement. It was cloudy outside, looks like it's going to rain. Rachel never liked rainy days, but she still walked outside.

The wind was blowing at her side, she didn't know where to go so she took the deserted road on the left, not knowing where it leads to. Anie's face kept on popping up in her head, she tried hard to think of something else, so she forced herself to think about Nick. Why him? She doesn't know.

After a while she heard footsteps behind her. It became faster and faster, then she felt someone tapping on her shoulder. "...Nick? Why are you following me?" she saw Nick standing there in a black jacket, panting. "What are you doing?" "Umm...walking." "No, I mean what are you doing out there? It's about to rain, I hope you noticed." He said, pointing to the dark gray sky. "I don't know, I just feel-" she frowned. "bad." "Get back into the hotel and we can talk, it's cold out there..." he shilvered. "I don't want to..." she turned and kept on walking "Hey!" Nick catched up. "Then I'm with you, I'm not going back either. "You-" she sighed, "fine."

They started walking on the narrow road, bumping into eachother lightly. "You got any idea where you're going?" Nick asked. "No." "Okay. So, why do you feel bad? Anie?" Rachel bit her lips. Should she tell him? But the words came out of her mouth before she could think more. She just told him everything, how she found that journal, how she's mad at Anie and worried about her at the same time...somehow she felt better and lighter after everything came out. She took a deep breath. Nick looked a bit stoned. "Did...I talk too much?" she asked, kept on walking. "No! No, it's good for you, I bet you feel lighter after everything comes out...seriously, you shouldn't keep everything to yourself." Rachel smiled. Suddenly a lightning shined across the sky, followed by a thunder. It's started raining. "Here, take this." Nick took off his own jacket and wrapped around Rachel. "No, I'm not cold, look at you you're only in a T-shirt..." "It's alright. We'd better go back, but before that listen," he took her hands. The touch of his warmth made Rachel shilver, "Anie she didn't mean it. She might just be in a bad mood, sometimes I does that too, I call the guys names when I'm angry, but after when I'm cooled down I realize I didn't mean it, I really didn't. Okay?" he said. "Alright, now let's go back..." water was dripping down his wet hair, Rachel can see he was shaking. Why is he being so nice? What is it that makes him so special? "Wait-" she suddenly said, making Nick stop on his track. "You know on the plane," Rachel said, "you never got to finish that kiss...well...now you can."



A/N: there. Hope you liked it, leave a review pleaz, you guys are nice and it means a lot
Chapter 10 by rach_rach
A/N: finally another update. I'm seperating the conversations into paragraphs, cuz it gets confusing sometimes. Thanks for the reviews, keep em comin





Nick looked a bit suprised. Rachel just smiled and looked, actually make that squinted, into his eyes. The rain was getting harder and harder, that everything Rachel can see through the rain was blurred.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Nick shouted over the thunder. "I MEAN-"

Nick seemed to realize that she was serious, because Rachel simply closed her eyes and stood there waited. She felt Nick leaning closer and closer that she could feel his breath, and then giving her a short kiss on the lips.

"That's it?" Rachel asked suprisingly.

"That was for the one on the plane, remember," Nick reminded her, "but this one right now isn't..." he added, and pressed his lips against hers for the second time.

No way Nick, I only agreed one, was what Rachel wanted to say, but the moment his lips touched hers she thought she was going to melt. She could still hear the sound of the rain and thunder, but she felt like as if there's only her and him. Gently, Nick pulled her closer with his arms, then-

"I SAID, SHUT UP!"

"Huh?" Rachel jerked around from him. Through the rain, she could see a black car parked about half a mile from them at a dry area under a tall building. Two black and tall figures were coming out of the car, Rachel could tell there's another person inside there.

"Aww come on, it's just a car." Nick said, pulling her arm. "Let's go back to the hotel."

"It's not just a car, Nick..." Rachel squinted and stepped closer the the car- then she reconized that red sweater, "Anie! It's Anie in that car, Nick! I know it is- what's she doing with those bastards-"

"Shh! Wait!" Nick pulled her back with all his might. "Listen..."

Rachel could barely hold down the excitement, but she still stood there still, listening to their conversation. It was hard listening through the rain, she could barely make out what they were talking about.

"I told you to be quiet and you won't listen. Sorry, but I have to use tape. So how's your plan going? Great?" The first figure said. Rachel's heart beat faster- those people are not friendly. Anie's in trouble. And somehow that voice sounded familiar to her.

"Everything's fine. What's today? The 21th? Only a few days until it happens." The second fugure laughed. His voice was so deep it gave Rachel the creeps. In the car Anie was still struggling- looks like she's tied up. Beside her Nick was gripping on her arm harder and harder.

The first figure laughed too. "I can't wait to see it...after so many years, finally...Pelician Bay Hotel. What a lame name. Imagine it beling blowed up into millions of pieces...it's going to be the best day of my life."

"What?" Rachel couldn't help herself from saying out loud. Her brain didn't seem to take the stuff he just said, because the words seemed hard to understand. Blow...up...pieces...?

To her and Nick's horror, the first figure suddenly turned around. "Jack! There's someone over there! HEY-" "Go chase after them you idiot!" the other one shouted.

Nick stepped back. "Oh- shit...RUN!" he bellowed. Rachel didn't need him to tell her that. The both of them set off running hand in hand in the opposite direction. Rachel didn't even dare looking back, she ran as fast as she could. It was pretty hard running throught the rain because they could barely see anything, also the ground is slippery so she kept on slipping and tripping on the ground. Nick ran a lot faster than her, finally he put his other arm across her waist and carried her up. "Hey-" Rachel shut up before she finished. Rain was hitting her hard on the face. She could merely see the hotel not far away from them. "Yeah, Nick, get in there-"

The guy chasing behind them was behind. "LISTEN YOU TWO," he cried, "IF YOU DARE TO TELL THE OTHERS A SINGLE WORD ABOUT THIS YOU'RE DEAD BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN-"

Nick dropped Rachel down on the ground and closed the door behind him, the both of them were shaking from coldness and fear. Rachel clutched her head, her brain wasn't working very well. "...Nick?" she finally managed to say, "What was that?"



"Oh my god, look at you two, where have you guys been?" Brian asked. He and AJ were playing cards when Nick and Rachel came back soaking wet, shaking.

"Nowhere," Rachel answered.

"Yeah, just out for a walk." Nick continued.

"Well you guys better hurry up and change, I think we have to pay for all that mess already." he pointed at the muddy carpet.

"Yeah, yeah, just later..." Nick answered, "come on, we need to talk..." he pulled Rachel out of the room.

They entered Rachel's room next door and sat down on the bed. "Anie! I told you I was right Nick, she's in trouble!"

"Oh god...remember what they said? That blowing up the hotel part?" Nick sounds scared. "You don't think they were serious do you?"

Rachel bit her lips, "Actually I do Nick. Why do you think they took Anie for? She must've heard them talking about it..." she said, trying to calm herself down. Nick has no idea how scared she is right now...forget about the stupid journal...Anie might die! "We have to tell the others!"

"We can't." Nick gripped on her shoulder, "If we do then we'll dead! Besides, do you think they are gonna believe us? No! It even sounds ridiculous to me, if i haven't heard them talking myself."

"But, but I...what about everybody else...I mean, we can run, but they don't even know...and we can't just leave Anie with them! What do we do?" She felt her eyes watering. There was a silence. Nick frowned.

"I don't know. I just...can't believe this." he shook his head, "Trust me, we'll come up with something, okay?"

Rachel paused. "Nick I'm scared." she said.

"Don't." Nick put his arm around her shoulder.

The door bursted right open and the both of them froze in their spots. Kevin looked a bit fluttered, "Where- where have you two-"

"It's none of your business." Nick said bitterly, letting go of her.

Kevin frowned and crossed his arms, "I told you-"

"Can you leave now?" Nick interrupted.

For a moment there, Rachel thought Kevin was about to come up and punch Nick right in the face. She was so relieved that he didn't, because she knew if he did Nick would hit back. This is not a pretty good time for that, honestly. Rachel bit her lips, she almost forgot. Kevin didn't like her.

Kevin slammed the door behind him furiously. Rachel nudged Nick on the arm. "Is it because of me? It's alright, Tell Kevin that I'm sorry, maybe we should-"

"He's got a problem with his head. It's ok, don't you worry about him." Nick said, "Hey...can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Be my date! Come on, I asked you that ages ago, remember." Nick reminded. "I just want to get to go out with you before...it happens. There might be an accident, who knows."
Chapter 11 by rach_rach
"A date in the Bahamas...it's like my dream coming true," Nick said beside her.

"I said, this is not a date." Rachel said loudly. "I just hope we don't get caught by Kevin.

"Yeah, yeah, okay...hey you've never been here before have you?" Nick asked.

There were on the very top of the hotel right next to theirs, it was a bit smaller and more crowded. She shook her head and looked around- there was no roof, this place sure is weird, yesterday it was raining hard and now the sun was shining over their heads. Most of the place was taken up by a huge pool, and there are cafes and shops on the sides. There was a big water fountain beside them, decorated by angels. She pulled out a penny from her pocket and gave it to Nick, "Make a wish."

"I told you, this is my dream, hapenning right now. I'm good." Nick laughed slightly and gave it back to her. "You make one."

Rachel closed her eyes. I just hope we're all gonna live, she thought and tossed the penny into the fountain. It made a tiny splash in the water.



"Just...water." Rachel said boredly to the waitress. Nick was sitting across from her on a tiny table in the cafe. Yawning without covering her mouth, she turned back to Nick. Last night she didn't really get any sleep, she was worrying all night not just about Anie, also everyone else in the hotel. This is horrible.

Nick doesn't look so hot either. He looks pretty sleepy too, his blue eyes are no longer sparkling, yet he's still wearing that same old smirk-like smile.

"I don't know how do you manage that but I don't think I'm going to be able to smile for a while." Rachel said gloomily.

"You're forgetting it again- what have I told you?" Nick shook his head, "Sit back and hang, there's really nothing we can do." he said. "Everything's going to work out, don't you worry."

"Stop comforting me already- look at yourself. Got any sleep last night?" Rachel asked.

"Not really." Nick leaned back on his chair.

"Here are your drinks." the waitress came back with Rachel's water and Nick's ice coffee.

"Yeah, thanks..." Rachel said and reached for her water.

"Hey, aren't you that guy from Backstreet Boys? Nick Carter?" the waitress suddenly asked Nick, who merely nodded. The waitress got pretty excited, "Oh really, my daughter loves you guys!"

"Tell her I said thanks," Nick took a sip of his coffee.

"And who is this? Your new girlfriend-"

"No, no, just friends," Rachel interrupted quickly, and accidently spilled her glassful of water right in Nick's lap.

"OW!" Nick shouted and jumped up from his seat. Rachel threw her hands over her mouth, "Sorry- I didn't mean it- here," she grabbed handful of napkins and started wiping the water off his lap, fluttered. The room was quitet, some people were laughing, including the waitress.

"Uhh...Rach?" Nick said awkwardly. Finally Rachel realized what she was doing. She jerked back her hands, feeling her face going red at once.

"I thought you said you guys were just friends..." the waitress laughed.

"I'll just go and...clean this up..." Nick walked toward the bathroom, leaving Rachel sitting on her seat, face red as tomatoe. More people were laughing by now, some were pointing. She swear if there's a hole on the ground she'd go hide right in there. Then,

Bang.

Nick kept on looking back and ended up walking right into the wall. Some more people bursted out laughing, even Rachel's started chuckling. "You idiot, Nick..."

She waited there for a couple of minutes, but Nick still haven't come out. Finally she lost her patience and walked toward the bathroom.

"Nick? Are you okay?" she whispered and knocked on the door lightly. "Hello?"

The door suddenly slammed open and hit Rachel in the face. "OH!" she cried and clutched her nose. Her eyes started watering, blood streamed down her nose. "Oh crap-" Nick said, "I'm sorry-"

That did it. Everyone in the cafe set off laughing, someone was taking pictures. "We gotta get out of here..." Nick pulled out a napkin out of his pocked and pushed it against Rachel's nose. He took her hand and both of them ran out of the cafe in embarrasment.

"Are you ok?" Nick asked as they ran toward the elevator. Rachel didn't answer, more blood were streaming out of her nose, down her hands. Then they bumped into someone- AJ. He was carrying a bunch of shopping bags.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Nick asked loudly. AJ stared at them both, his mouth wide open. From Nick with water all over his lap, to Rachel with blood all over her hands and face.

"...what'cha beat her up for, Nick?" he finally managed to say.

"Forget it, you got napkins?" Nick asked.

AJ reached into one of the shopping bags and pulled out a tissue box. "Here..."

AJ was still staring at them both when they hurried into the elevator.

"Why do you always get a bloody nose when we're together?" Nick chuckled. Rachel gave a muffled laugh and raised her arms in the air while Nick held the napkin.


Back in Nick and Brian's hotel room. Both of them were cleaned up, sitting on the sofa watching TV. "That was the worst date ever." Rachel said, massaging her nose.

"Look at the bright side, I made you laugh." Nick said, "That water was cold, man...thank god it wasn't hot water, or else I might have-"

Rachel set off laughing. "Don't worry, I wouldn't mind...haha...."

Nick started laughing uncontrollably too. "Can I kiss you?"

"Yea-" Rachel hesitated. Nick has no idea how bad she want to taste his kiss again, but she can't. Kevin's head suddenly popped into her head. "No."

"If you're worrying about Kevin, don't. He'll get over it." Nick said.

"Fine."
Chapter 12 by rach_rach
"You guys really need to stop slamming the door like that," Rachel complained. "and knock." she added.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" Brian took a towel and started drying his wet hair. It was a pretty foolish question to ask in Rachel's opinion- Nick and her were leaning toward each other on the sofa when he came in.

"No, it was nothing." she replied.

"Oh good. 'Cause chaos' probably get mad at me if I did." Brian joked. "We're going down to the bar later in the afternoon, coming?"

Rachel all of a sudden felt dizzy. "I don't know, I don't feel good..."

Nick put his forehead against hers, "Uh-oh, you're a bit hot...must've had a cold yesterday, we shouldn't have stayed in the rain for so long."

"But-" Nick eyed her telling her to say no more.

"If you're not going then I'm staying with you." he said.

"Aww really I'll have to go with Howie then." Brian took his cell phone and walked outside, "see you guys tomorrow."

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to-" Rachel started.

"No, no no, I don't want to go anyways, someone has to take care of you...here," He put a blanket over her, "I'll go get some water."



The sun was beginning to set, Nick and Rachel were leaning against each other on the sofa, both fast asleep, Nick was snoring lightly.

That was when it happened.

Rachel got waken up by a loud 'BANG' followed by glass shattering, then she felt something passed her head by inches. She sat staight up, wide awake, heart pounding fast against her chest.

"What the-" Nick shouted. To their right, the window was shattered, outside in the veranda there stood a man in black, with a gun in his hand. Rachel recognized him at once, it was the taxi driver, wearing a smirk on his face.

At first she didn't really know what was going on. Was that...a gunshot? She felt herself going cold at once, beside her Nick grabbed her right hand. There was no time for running- the gun was pointed directly at their heads. Nick raised his other hand right up in the air, "Okay...calm down, what do you want?"

"You two didn't tell anyone about...it, hopefully." there came that oddly familiar voice they heard in the rain. He stepped closer, and Rachel could feel her right hand shaking now, or maybe it's Nick, it doesn't really matter. She gave a quick glance to the door. No chance, it was too far away.

"No we didn't." she managed to say in a shaky voice.

"Good. Good." the driver said, stepping even closer- they are inches apart now.

"What do you want?" Nick repeated.

The driver gave out a laugh that made Rachel shilver. "You two." the gun made a clicky sounds as he pointed it against Nick's forehead. Nick went cross-eyed looking at it, backing away.

"No...no, don't..." fear was filling her up she could barely think- the only thing she kept on repeating in her brain was 'he can't die. Nick can't die.' she was sqeezing Nick's hand so hard she could barely feel her own hand-

BANG! The door got kicked open and Brian rushed inside, "What's going on-" he looked around the room and froze on his spot. The driver backed away suddenly, pointing the gun at Brian. "This is none of youre business. Don't make me-"

"Of course this is my business, those are my friends! This is our room-" Brian interupted.

"Shut up! Stay there, if you dare to move or shout he's dead," the driver looked a bit tense. He pointed the gun back at Nick. Brian froze on his spot again, looking scared and a bit confused. "I'm not moving..."

Run Brian, he's going to shoot anyways, Rachel wanted to yell but she didn't dare to. She took a deep breath. Feeling tears filling up her eyes, she rushed over to stand before Nick.

"What the heck are you doing!" Nick pulled her to the side but she tried hard to pull back and remain on her spot, "Don't touch me-" she squealed as both of them struggled. She couldn't- he was too strong-

There was a laugh behind her and another click of the gun, then-

Rachel heard someone rushing across the room. "BRIAN, DON'T-"

There was another deafing bang, Rachel had her eyes tightly closed- am I dead? She felt something brushed on her back and fell to the ground with a thud. She turned around and, to her terror, it was Brian. He was clutching on his left shoulder, blood everywhere, all over his shirt and floor. Her mouth fell right open and she looked at the driver, who looked taken back as well.

"Idiot." he scoffed.

Tear rushed out her eyes. "Brian-" she dropped to her knees, "Are you okay? Wake up- answer me-" she shook him.

He didn't answer, and he was not okay. The gunshot was only inches away from his heart- Rachel clutched her head. She felt sick in the stomach and so dizzy she almost fell sideways onto the ground. She's having a fever.

"NOBODY MOVE!" the door suddenly got kicked right open once more and a couple of cops entered the room. "Thank god." Rachel heard herself muttering. She tried to wipe away her tears and turned around to look at Nick. He was stoned- mouth wide open, hands still in the air, couldn't move a muscle.

She couldn't believe it but the driver turned around and ran for it. "HEY YOU- STOP-" Two cops chased out into the veranda. There was another gunshot, then one of the cops yelled "GO! TAKE THE STAIRS!" and both of them rushed out the room. Nick rushed into the hall like mad right after them.

"Nick-wait-" Rachel sighed. She was so cold she could feel her teeth chattering. Once again she looked back at Brian- she couldn't help herself from sobbing and throwing her hands over her mouth. She's never seen so much blood in her life, she couldn't stand seeing so much of it, especially when they are dripping down from someone you loved. She was seeing Brian as her very own brother right at this moment. She took off her jacket and put it around him, trying not to touch the injured shoulder. Brian did not move.

She sat there, feeling dizzier by the moment. More gunshots came from outside, and she suddenly realized- what the hell is she doing here? Anie- she might be right down there- and Nick, is he okay? She got up and was at the door when she looked back at Brian. She rushed back and lifted him up, supporting his weight with her shoulder and stomped out the room with great difficulty.

Her T-shirt was covered in blood when she finally got down stairs- there were some people rushing and screaming in the hall, outside the cops were all pointing their guns right at the driver, who was leaning against his black car and had his gun pointing to Anie's throat. "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER..." he cried.
Chapter 13 by rach_rach
"ANIE!" Rachel scrieked without thinking.

Suddenly everyone's head turned in her direction. She felt a bit awkward and took a step backward, still holding on to Brian's body. Anie looked horrible. She was pale with messy hair, what made it worse was her horrified expression- it made her look like a dead woman.

"RR!" Anie shouted. "RR-"

There was another gunshot followed by Anie's scream.

"ANIE!" Rachel jumped and almost dropped Brian.

Anie was fine. One of the cops shot at the Driver's gun while he was looking around at Rachel, so the gun flew out of his hand and fell on the ground to his right. Rachel gave out a laugh, she was so relieved, "Oh thank god." She limped more tward the car carrying Brian.

The driver's really scared now. He looked around a bit, not knowing what to do. "I- Don't- You guys dare to come close I'll choke her-" he put his hand on Anie's neck, then from his right came another gunshot from his right. It was Nick, he probably went to pick up the driver's gun when he dropped it. Rachel jumped again and really dropped Brian on the ground this time.

"AHHH!" The driver let go of Anie and dropped to to ground, clutching his right leg.

Rachel bursted through the crowd to Anie, leaving Brian lying on the ground. "Anie!" she rushed up to give Anie a rib-breaking hug, she was laughing yet she felt tears coming out of her eyes the same time, "I was so worried! Are you ok? Where have you been? What have they done to you?" Anie didn't answer, she just cried and held Rachel tighter.

"ANN! OH MY GOD!" Anie's parents rushed through the crowd. Mrs. Valle's face was covered in tears, she came up and kissed Anie on the cheek. "Oh honey-I was so scared- I'm so glad you're ok..."

Watching the Valles hugging and crying and kissing eachother, Rachel smiled and slowly backed away. Anie's back at last, at last...she missed her so much.

Suddenly she remembered Nick. And Brian- oh my god, she left him on the ground. "Excuse me..." she made her way through the cops. Right outside the crowd there laid Brian, blood was still soaking through his shirt. Nick was kneeling down beside him. Rachel rushed forward and kneeled down beside Nick. She was getting colder and dizzier by the minute so she had to put her hands on the ground to support herself.

"Nick- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left him there..." she said, not using much air to talk because she was choking a bit on her tears. She wiped her face with her hand, but she probably made it even worse because she just noticed her hand, and her arm too, was covered in Brian's blood.

Nick suddenly turned around to embrace Rachel tightly and bursted into tears like a little girl. Rachel was so taken back, so she patted Nick's back slowly. "I'm sorry..."

Rachel wasn't paying much attention to everything else. She didn't even notice that behind her, the black car drove off, with two police cars on its tail.

Finally Nick was done crying. He let go of Rachel and wiped his face, didn't know what to say.

"Nick? I don't know about you, but I really want to get out of here right now." Rachel said, "Now we've got Anie..." behind her she could hear Anie talking and crying to her parents. "I just have a bad feeling."

"You're probably right..." Nick looked down at Brian again.

"...Nick?" Rachel said.

"What?"

Rachel went up to give him a kiss. She knew how it felt like- Brian and Nick...they've probably been like brothers for years and years. Beside them she heard someone taking a picture.

Not again.

"Eww, blood," Nick spat on the ground.

"Yeah, sorry." Rachel wiped her face with her sleeve.

"...thanks." Nick nodded. "I'll go get the guys." He got up, "Stay here and wait-"

"No wait, I'm coming too." She carried up Brian again with great difficulty.

"Nah, you stay, it's dangerous-"

"I'm coming!" Rachel said stubbornly. Brian was so heavy, plus the dizziness, almost fell to the right. Nick hold her with both his arms to make her stand straight.

"See, you can't even- wait let me check." he pressed his forehead against hers, "Oh no...you're-"

"It's nothing! I said, I'm coming with you." she said loudly.

"Okay, alright, fine..."



They glanced into the bar on their way to the elevator- it was quite deserted. "Upstairs," Nick said and pulled on Rachel's arm. He was carrying Brian with his other arm, panting lightly. There were a couple of cops running in the hall, one of them rushed up to talk to the both of them.

"Nick Carter, there you are! Been looking for you for ages, listen," he pointed at Brian, who was covered in blood, "we gotta get you guys outta here, Brian's not looking so hot. Gotta get him to the hospital." he panted.

"I know, we were just going upstairs to get the guys," Nick replied quickly.

"Do you want me to take him to the hospital for you?" the cop asked.

Nick paused. "No, no...I can handle it." he took a step to the side.

"Well, hurry up then." the cop waved and kept on running down the hall in the opposite direction.

"You should have let him take Brian!" Rachel complained when they were in the elevator.

Nick didn't answer, so she shut up for good. Nick's in pain and she knew it, he just couldn't stand giving Brian away to somebody else- not when he might...well...

Die.

They rushed out the elevator and ran down the hall hand in hand, then they bumped right into something hard. Nick swore when he dropped Brian on the ground, by accident of course.

"There you guys are! We've been looking for you two for ages- HOLY SHIT..." There came Howie's voice.

"BRIAN!" Kevin rushed forward to Brian, "Nick? What happened?" he asked, kneeling over at Brian, putting his ear against his chest listening for heartbeat. Behind Howie AJ looked stoned and scared. He stared at Nick, whose shirt and left arm was covered in blood, then at Rachel- her face was a mess, then to the unconscious Brian on the ground.

"Hurry up and get out of here- he needs to goto the hospital." Nick told them.

"He's still alive..." Kevin looked as if he was going to cry. He picked up Brian and carried him down the hall toward the elevator, and gave Rachel a glare as if this was all her fault.



"FASTER!" Jack cried and looked back at the police car driving right after them. "GIVE ME THAT-" he grabbed the remote from Joseph, who was driving the car, his face all scrunched up. "I'M TRYING...NOW JACK! DO IT! NOW!"

"IF YOU SAY SO..." Jack shouted back as he pressed down the first button on the remote.



A/N: yeah, and guess what happened. Leave a review or dieeeeeeeee XD
just kidding
Chapter 14 by rach_rach
Author's Notes:
It's been soooo long since I've updated! I don't even think anybody even remembers this story lol. I went on a vacation and took a looong break from writing. Well now I'm back and I wanna finish this so here's another chapter =]
They heard a loud "bang" from down below, people screaming, the ground shooke slightly.

"What the hell was that?" Rachel's heart beat faster and faster. Oh no, they've done it...she exchanged a look with Nick, who had his mouth slightly open. "They've done it!"

"Done what?" AJ asked loudly, "You two know something don't you?"

"That's a pretty long story...well..." Rachel began nervously. "they're blowing this place up."

"WHAT?" AJ, Kevin and Howie screamed together.

Nick kicked the elevator door, "This thing is never gonna come! That's it, we gotta get outta here, take the stairs." he pointed to the staircases down the hall.



As the four of them raced down the stairs Rachel felt so sick and scared she though she was gonna throw up again. Shutting her mouth tightly, she grabbed Nick's hand and held it tightly to support herself. His hand was ice cold and sweaty just like hers.

Do I really like this guy? She asked herself.

Another loud BANG not far below them made them jump. The ground shooke again, harder than last time, Rachel sank to the ground. She couldn't support herself...everything was so dizzy and blurry...even Nick...her heart pounded against her chest like it was going to burst through and fall right out. The air was heating up. AJ let out a weird scream.

"Rachel! You alright?" Nick sounded really scared, he pulled her up and carried her with his strong arms. "UP! We gotta go up!" He shouted to all the other guys.

"I'm ok really...just put me down..." Rachel was a little out of breath.

Nick ignored her. He just held her tighter and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"We gotta run faster! This place is really heating up!" Kevin's voice was shaking.

"What the hell is going on?" Howie panted.

"I don't know...but it's something bad." AJ answered.

"I'm so scared." Howie said.



After what seemed like forever, they were almost at the very top of the building. Everyone's so tired they're walking instead of running, sometimes sit down on the stairs to rest. Sweat was dripping down Nick's hair.

"Put me down now! I'm fine, I told you." Rachel struggled out of Nick's arms.

"Alright, people, we're finally at the roof." Kevin panted hard. As soon as they got there he put Brian down and sat down beside him, half of his shirt was covered in blood as well.

"Now what?" AJ asked.

Nick's cell phone rang. "Hello?"

"NICK!!! Where are you and the other guys? Everyone okay?" Someone yelled from the other end.

"We're at the roof!"

"I was so worried! It was too close, god damn it...wait there, we're sending a helicopter over!"

Nick hung up, "Guys! It's all ok! We're getting outta here!"

"WOOOOHOOOOO!"

"YEAH! Man do you know how scared I was? Man..."

Rachel couldnt help herself to laugh along. We're gonna be alright...we're save...it's all ok...I can see Anie again...and mom and dad...

"I told you it's gonna be alright!" Nick said, giving her his smirk.


After what seemed like forever, over their heads came the sound of a helicopter.

"WE'RE OVER HERE!" AJ jumped up and down and waved like crazy.

"OVER HERE!" Kevin shouted along.

The helicopter flied close to them, and closer...

Nick grabbed Rachel's hand and held it tight...

And closer....

BAAAAAAANG!

"AHHHH!"

To their left at the other end of the roof there was another loud explosion, setting the roof on fire.

"GO DOWN! GO BACK! GO BACK DOWN...."

AJ carried Brian and then ran back to the staircase like mad. "Go down! More!"

Rachel thought she almost had a heart attack, she was shaking a lot, panting like crazy, her ears were ringing loudly...it was the most scary thing she saw in her life. She was squeezing Nick's hand so hard her fingers were numb...she thought she was gonna faint...

They stopped after they were 3 floors below the roof. Rachel sat down on the ground, panting hard.

"Oh my god! We were so close! DAMN IT!" AJ yelled, and cursed under his breath.

"I'm scared! I don't want to die yet!" Howie suddenly bursted into tears. "I haven't even said goodbye to-"

"Howie stop it! We're not gonna die, you hear me?" Nick said. But his eyes were filling up with tears as well. "Aw...man..." He walked over and gave the sobbing Howie an embrace. Kevin and AJ joined them. "I love you guys so much!" Howie cried. After a while, they finally broke apart. Nick bent over to give Brian a kiss on the cheek. Same with all the other guys.

Rachel felt tears dripping down her chin.

Nick pulled out his cellphone and called the police officer again. "What the heck do we do now? We're on floor 86 i think...."

"I don't know, I'm sorry! We're trying to put out the fire...but it just doesnt seem to work! I'll call you back...you guys stay put..." the voice was shaking.


Rachel looked around the room they were in. It was really big, full of tables for dining. In the front there was a expensive-looking car, probably the prize for the winner for the winner of some sort of game?

Under the table Rachel saw something red...a red light. Out of curiousity she kneeled down, and looked under the table.

What she saw made her scream out loud.
Chapter 15 by rach_rach
"What?" Nick came running to where Rachel was kneeling down and completely stoned, followed by the rest of the guys, Kevin limping carrying Brian.

"The- there- there's........" Rachel pointed to the light under the table with a shaking hand.

Nick crawled under the table to see what it was.

"HOLY CRAP." his jaw fell right open, "Is that a...."

"Bomb! We only have fifteen more minutes! We're gonna die..." Rachel started crying. She couldn't help it, she was so scared. Behind them Kevin gasped and dropped Brian onto the ground once more, AJ looked completely shocked, standing there not moving a muscle. Howie simply passed out, felling down with a thud.

Silence. Either they couldn't think of anything to say, or they just couldn't say anything.

Quickly Rachel crawled out from under the table and went to check under the other ones just to make sure-

She was right.

"There's one under all of them!" she shouted hopelessly to the guys. Their brains finally seemed to have taken in all this, and all of a sudden they started going crazy, shouting, cursing, thinking of a way to get out.

Rachel felt so hopeless. Her fever was getting worse by the moment. This must be the worst vacation ever. Anie got kidnapped, me and the guys got killed, the hotel got blown up by a bunch of maniacs. I'm never going to see my family and Anie again. I'm never going to get a chance to know Nick better again. Thinking about all this made her heart go cold, but she wasn't scared- she was so scared she couldn't even feel it anymore.

The only good thing happened to me on this vacation was that...

I got to meet a really amazing guy. She glanced over at Nick, who was running around the room shouting "Damn it, there's no signal!" to his cellphone. Kevin sat in a corner with his back to us, but Rachel could tell he was crying. He still have a wife at home waiting for him, she suddenly remembered, and couldn't help it to feel really bad for him. AJ was standing beside Brian and Howie, cursing under his breath. She glanced back at the countdown on the bomb. 13 more minutes. She supported herself to stand up- maybe it's time to say goodbye to them.

"HEY GUYS! LOOK!" Nick suddenly shouted joyfully, pointing at the car in the front of the room.

"Yes Nick I know it's a nice car, but we really don't have time to-"

"Nick?" Rachel interrupted. "Are you thinking of...." she said slowly.

"Yeah!" He said, "The key's there too. We can just drive the car and fly to the other building right next to this one. They have a huge pool at the roof. We'll land in there."

All of them rushed to the big window and looked outside. There it was, the building with the pool where Nick and Rachel had a date at. It was slightly lower than the level they were at. Pretty close to them too, but not close enough. "Sounds like a good idea but it's too far away...the car's not going to reach it!" she told Nick as she waved back at all the cops down below on the streets.

"Wait...I have an idea..." AJ said slowly. "How about we drive when the bombs blow up and the wind and explosion and everything's gonna push our car there?"

Rachel's heart beat faster and faster.

"Wait...how do we know when it blows up while we're in the car? Kevin, is your watch still working?" Nick asked.

Kevin quickly checked his watch. "Battery's dead...damn it..."

"UGH!" Nick's face was turning pink. "What do we do? We have no more time!"

Rachel thought for a moment. She was trying hard to make up her mind.

"How about..." she hesitated, "You guys get the car ready, I'll sit there under the table and count until 20 seconds, then AJ you keep on counting out loud while I come and get into the car, then Nick you can start driving about 3 seconds before the bombs blow up...I know AJ can't be exact, but we really need to risk it."

"Sounds like a plan." Nick's eyes were sparking once more, "We can either risk it, or sit here and wait 'till we die. Who's in?"

"Me!" AJ, Kevin, and Rachel said together.

Rachel's hands were sweating like crazy...they don't know what she's going to do. But there's no choice, it's the only way to make sure...her eyes got teary. She sniffed hard, tried to hide the tears.

Nick drove the car a distance before the big glass window, the distance enough for them to get to the window in three seconds. AJ and Kevin were panting hard trying to get Brian and Howie intot he car.

Rachel's heart was pounding so hard she thought it was going to explode.

AJ got into the seat in the front right beside Nick. Kevin sat in the backseat with Brian beside him and Howie on the floor next to his feet.

"We have seven more minutes." Rachel looked under one of the tables. Her voice was shaking a little.

"Wait..." Nick rushed out of the car and came to where Rachel was.

"What?" she stood up, and looked into his sparkling blue eyes.

For one last time.

"I just want to say..." Nick looked a little nervous, "I liked you since I saw you on the plane, I really did...the moment I saw you I knew you were different...and well, you're a really amazing girl and in case we die or something..." he cleared his throat, "I love you." he said it loud and clear. Rachel felt her heart breaking, tears rushed out of her eyes like river. "Me too..." she said, held Nick's hands tight and kissed him on the lips.

Rachel pushed him away after what seemed like two minutes...a whole hour...or a week...or forever...

"Go, go say bye to the guys..." she gave him one last embrace.

Nick looked into her eyes for one last time and went back into the car. Rachel crawed back under the table with her back to the guys so they couldn't see her cry.

"You guys has been like real brothers to me...I love you guys..." she heard the guys saying to eachother.

"Three minutes..." Rachel cleared her throat and shouted.

Please, let the boys live...God bless them, they're really amazing and talented people...and God bless Nick...hope he'll get a beautiful wife... Rachel closed her eyes and prayed. God bless mom and dad...and Anie...she was a true friend...

She opened her eyes. "Two minutes!"

She glanced over at their car. Nick was concentrating really hard and sweating like crazy, so was AJ, and Kevin looked really scared and worried.

"One minute!" she shouted. She thought her heart was going to explode but right now she couldn't feel her heart at all anymore. "59...58...57..." she counted down with a shaking but calmed voice. "42...41...40..."

Thinking the boys are going to be save for sure made her smile. "30...29...28..."

She counted louder and louder. She's not scared anymore..."23...22...21...20..."

"19, 18, 17..." AJ started counting loudly and slightly faster over there in the car.

But Rachel sat there still under the table, kept on counting looking at the countdown clock. "16...15..."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"
Chapter 16 by rach_rach
Author's Notes:
a short chapter. sry = didnt wanna ruin the last one which is comin up next
..13..." Rachel continued on. Her ears were ringing.

"She's going to sacrifice herself!" Kevin shouted.

Then, suddenly a pair of strong arms pulled Rachel out from under the table and carried her right up over his shoulder. It was Kevin.

"LET GO OF ME!" Rachel squealed, trying to break free but couldn't.

Kevin was panting and running like the wind. "I can't let you do that for us..." Rachel's head was empty at the moment and didn't know what to think. Fear's taking over her once again and she was shaking uncontrollably.

"5...4..." AJ sounded like he was gonna cry. Kevin jumped right in the car just in time and threw Rachel in the seat between him and Howie. "HERE WE GO!" Nick cried. The car started moving forward on full speed, Rachel threw her arms over her head, still shaking. With a loud crash, shattered glasses, they broke through the big window.

then a deafing BANG! rignt after that, followed by their screams. The air was so hot Rachel couldn't breathe. She grasped onto the seat so hard she couldn't feel her fingers. "Let us make it, let us mkae it..." that was all she could think of.

The feeling of roller coaster. Then water filled up her eyes, her ears, nose, mouth, everywhere...her arms waved through the water like mad trying to get to the surface. And then her head popped out of the water, then it's the taste of cool night air.

With her eyes still closed, she gasped for air, brain becoming clearer by the moment...we made it, thank God...we're alive! We're not dead! The water was freezing but a sense of warmness and happiness ran throughout her whole body, making her shilver.

She opened her eyes and Nick was right there, right in front of her, so close yet seemed too far. He was coughing up water yet smiling widely, which made Rachel feel even warmer inside. She stared at his blue eyes and his wet hair...he was so beautiful to her. Softly she grabbed hold of his cheeks and gave him a deep, passionate kiss.

"Alright, you two-" AJ's voice rang, "let's get outta here."

Rachel finally let go of Nick and opened her eyes. She just realized that she was still very dizzy, hot from the fever, ears ringing loudly. But she was so happy she could barely feel all that.

Her eyes laid on AJ and the unconcious Brian on his back, and gasped. His wet shirt was soaked with blood, face white as paper. She felt a drop of tear dripping down her chin.

They got out of the pool, followed by Kevin and Howie who just woke up. Lucky, he missed the whole thing. The pool was surrounded by cops. Two or three of them rushed up to them, including the one Nick and Rachel saw in the hallway. "My God, you guys have no idea how worried I was- you guys alright?" he said, wrapping towels around their shaking and dripping wet bodies. "Oh my God!" he pointed at Brian on the ground, "Is he alright? Doctor! DOCTOR! Come here for a second-"

Rachel held Nick's hand tight while the doctor examined Brian's shoulder where the gunshot was, and listened for heartbeat. Nick's hand was cold as ice.

"Oh, I think he's fine." The doctor finally said, "Poor guy," he shook his head, "amazing how he made it through all that. If I were him I'd be dead by now, but he's just fine...no need to worry...for now..."

"YES!" Nick shouted, he looked as if he wanted to rush up and hug the doctor. Rachel smiled and gave Nick a warm embrace, along with Kevin, AJ and Howie.

"Alright...we need to send Brian to hospital right away and get you guys into dry clothes...come on, get on the car." the doctor said as the five of them broke apart. "Wait, just a second-" Rachel told Nick, suddenly remembered something.

She ran toward the fountain nearby with the angels, and emptied pocketful of coins into the water.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6927