The Mistake Of A Lifetime by Carter
Summary: Stephanie and Nick have been long time friends, but when they have sex on the beach could it be a mistake waiting to happen?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 868 Read: 463 Published: 02/24/06 Updated: 02/24/06

1. The Mistake Of A Lifetime by Carter

The Mistake Of A Lifetime by Carter
Stephanie walked along the beach with her long time best friend Nick Carter. They had been best friends their entire lives. No one could ever tear them apart not even when Stephanie’s parents decided to move to Texas. Nicks parents let Stephanie live with them just so she could still go to the same school.


Even though they out now and closer than ever they’ve never decided to ‘go together’ they felt like it would be awkward. They date around occasionally but nothing ever seems to go right. Some days they even wonder if they really shouldn’t be together forever, but who knows.


“Hey Nick do you remember when we were younger and doing this?” Stephanie asked.


“Of course I do. We haven’t done this in a long time”


“Yeah, I know. I kind of miss it” Stephanie look his arm.


“Me too” They found a nice little log along the beach and sat down to watch the sunset.,” I have a question to ask of you”


“Go ahead I am listening”


“Have you ever thought what it would be like if we ever got together? I guess its just been on my mind lately with this whole LeAnn thing. Its got me going crazy”


“Of course I thought about it. Every time I had a relationship go down the drain I thought of you. Its kind of funny don’t you think?” She laughed


“Yeah,” Nick just sighed.


-Flashback-


Stephanie and Nick walked along the beach. Both of them had just gotten out of a horrible relationship and now were comforting each other.


“I just don’t see what went wrong Nick. I thought this was going to last forever,” She cried,” I was so ready to give up everything for him Nick” Nick pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head.


“Shh…its going to be alright Steph…I promise. Carolynn and I thought we were going to last too sweetie. But life always doesn’t turn out that way. Just remember we always have each other” Stephanie started to feel better and then gave Nick a kiss on the lips. Nick couldn’t help but return the favor…and than they proceeded to make out on the beach standing in front of the crashing waves.


-End Flashback-


“Nicky? Are you okay? It looks like you are staring out into space or something” she smiled.


“I was just thinking about the last time we just sat here thinking that’s all. We haven’t been here since I broke up with Carolynn and you had problems with what’s his face”


“Oh yeah…I remember that” Stephanie could remember that night so clearly. The passionate kisses along the beach then she remembered the sex they had there as well. But Stephanie knew she had to tell Nick about that night. But how was she going too? It was hard enough as it was just even thinking about it.


“Now who is the one staring into space? I know you have something on your mind. You know you can tell me anything.”


“This is kind of hard for me to tell you. I don’t know how many times I have wanted to but I just couldn’t I was so afraid that our friendship would be jeopardized.”


“Stephanie you are confusing me greatly. What are you trying to tell me? It seems so important. Enough bullshit and just tell me” he interrupter Stephanie.


“Nick I am pregnant. That night on the beach was my first time. Charles and I never had sex but you and I did”


“Are you sure?”


“Yes I did the test this morning. I am so sorry Nick I didn’t want this to happen. I know you love LeAnn so much. And now I just brought this onto you” Stephanie started to walk away.


“Steph, wait listen to me. LeAnn and I are over. I have you. I came here to tell you I love toy…I mean really love you. I couldn’t imagine spending my life without you Stephanie. And now that you’re pregnant just makes even more sense to all of this” Nick stated and then pulled her in for a kiss.


“This is a mistake Nick we cant have a baby we are just kids”


“Stephanie look at me. This isnt a mistake this is a gift. A gift that is just going to bring us even more closer. Don’t you want that?”


“Of course I do”


“Well this is perfect Stephanie. I love you enough to marry him and raise our child together. Tell me you feel the same way”


“Yes Nick I feel the same way”


“Well then its settles we’re going to raise a family and get married. I love you so much Stephanie.”


“And I love you Nick” they both started walking down the beach watching the sunset upon them in their new journey of life that awaits them.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7037