Wish You Were Here by BSB_Writer
Summary:
Based on the song ?Wish You Were Here? by Mark Wills. I can?t give out much, but if you know the song, you know what happens.



Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1451 Read: 674 Published: 03/21/06 Updated: 03/21/06

1. Wish You Were Here by BSB_Writer

Wish You Were Here by BSB_Writer


He gazed into her eyes. They were, once again, saying goodbye. Looking up at the flight schedule, he realized he didn’t have a lot of time to spend with her this time. His attention was turned back to her as she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. Knowing he would be gone for a while, he pulled her close and kissed her passionately.

Pulling away, she said, “You're gonna be late if you don't go.”

He pulled her ever closer. He really didn’t want to go. California was a long ways away from his beloved. Trying to be strong, and not letting the tears take over, he softly whispered, “I'll be alright. I'll call you tonight to let you know.”

As his flight number was called, they embraced, kissed, and he began the slow walk towards his plane. He turned around once to wave goodbye and then he continued on his way. As he rounded a corner, he noticed a little shop that sold souvenirs. On a rack just inside the door, a postcard caught his eye. It displayed a picture of the ocean and the beach. Across it, written in nice script, was the word Heaven. He knew it would be perfect to send to her before he even left the airport. That way, it would get there soon and she would know he was thinking of her.

Purchasing the postcard, he began writing a short little message on the back. It was just a simple message saying how much he loved her and how he wished he could hold her in his arms. Unfortunately they would be too far away. In the closing remarks, he simply stated, ‘Wish you were here, wish you could see this place. Wish you were near, I wish I could touch your face. The weather's nice, it's paradise. It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know. They say, “Hello.” I miss you so, wish you were here’.

After placing a stamp in the specified place, he dropped it in a random mailbox and boarded the plane. They were expected to land in California by six o’clock. He would call her as soon as they landed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kelly drove home knowing that she would talk to him soon. This always happened. He got home and then two weeks later, he was gone again. She was becoming used to it. It was his job, and she couldn’t do anything to change it.

Since she was eating alone, she just made a small meal of macaroni and cheese. Checking her watch, she noticed that it was just before six o’clock. He would be calling soon. With that thought in mind, she rose from her chair and began cleaning up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As the plane took off, AJ opened his book and began reading. It wouldn’t be that long of a flight and he knew that he could get through it if he kept his mind off of it. He could have driven with the other guys, but he had insisted on staying a few more days with Kelly. It had paid off, but unfortunately, he hated flying.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned back and concentrated on his book. Soon, the plane began to shake. A voice over the intercom assured them that it was just a bit of turbulence and they would be okay. Somehow, AJ didn’t believe him. All of a sudden, the plane lurched forward and downward. The flight attendants frantically tried to keep everyone calm, but it was no use. People were panicking and screaming. AJ was one of them.

He reached for the phone so he could call Kelly and let her know that he would always love her, but someone beat him to it. So, leaning back, once again, in his seat, he took deep breaths and prayed that she would already know.

The plane hit. It was over in an instant.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Six o’clock came and went. She was starting to get worried. He never forgot to call her. Not once since they began dating. As these thoughts flew through her mind, the phone rang, causing her to jump. Just an hour and a half late. She guessed she would forgive him.

Picking up the receiver, she sweetly said, “Hello, AJ? Where have you been? I miss you.”

There was silence on the other line. She wondered why he wasn’t answering. Finally, she heard the person on the other end clear his throat. “Ma’am?”

It wasn’t AJ. “Yes? May I help you?”

He started talking, but she didn’t hear anything. She wanted AJ to call her, not this man. All she heard him say was, “Ma'am the plane went down. Our crews have searched the ground. No survivors found as of yet. I’m sorry.”

The receiver fell the floor. It just couldn’t be real. He would call soon. He had to call. Tears began to flood her eyes, blurring her vision. She tried to convince herself that he was okay, but she knew she would only be lying to herself. He was gone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few days later, she ventured out to the mailbox. It was early morning, and she had to collect the mail from the previous days. Picking up the pile of mail that had accumulated in the mailbox, she reentered the house.

Sitting down at the kitchen table, she began to sift through it. Bills were piled high on her left, junk mail on her right. Suddenly, a bright picture caught her eye. Somehow, she had received a postcard with the word Heaven written on it. In the background was a picture of the ocean and the beach.

Flipping it over, she couldn’t believe what she saw. In the simple words on that postcard, AJ told her how he loved her and how he’d hold her if they weren’t so far out of reach. Then, in slightly smaller script, she read these words, ‘Wish you were here, wish you could see this place. Wish you were near, I wish I could touch your face. The weather's nice, it's paradise. It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know. They say, “Hello.” I miss you so, wish you were here.’

Tears fogged her eyes once again, but the words were still there, bright as day.

The weather's nice in paradise. It's summertime all year and all the folks we know, they say, "Hello.” I miss you so, wish you were here.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The song used, as stated before, was Wish You Were Here by Mark Wills. Please review, it would mean a great deal to me.

The original song is as follows:

They kissed goodbye at the terminal gate
She said, "You're gonna be late if you don't go"
He held her tight, said, "I'll be alright
I'll call you tonight to let you know"
He bought a postcard, on the front it just said Heaven
With a picture of the ocean and the beach
And the simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her and they told her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach

Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near, I wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here"

She got a call that night but it wasn't from him
It didn't sink in right away, ma'am the plane went down
Our crews have searched the ground
No survivors found she heard him say
But somehow she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven with a picture of the ocean and the beach
And the simple words he wrote her
Said he loves and they told her
How he'd love her if his arms would reach

Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near, I wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here"

The weather's nice, in paradise
It's summertime all year and all the folks we know
They say, "Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here"
Wish you were here
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7356