The True Story Behind Frick 'n' Frack by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: What really happened to Frick 'n' Frack....

Friends are supposed to be forever, right?....I don?t believe there is such thing as a real friend....
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Group, Nick
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 7639 Read: 22259 Published: 04/21/06 Updated: 08/28/07

1. Prologue by LenniluvsBrian

2. 1993 by LenniluvsBrian

3. Hair Prank by LenniluvsBrian

4. 1995 by LenniluvsBrian

5. Still 1995 by LenniluvsBrian

6. No Heart (1996) by LenniluvsBrian

7. Surgery (1998) by LenniluvsBrian

8. Still 1998 by LenniluvsBrian

9. Now 2000...And Still Arguing.... by LenniluvsBrian

10. It's Your Fault! by LenniluvsBrian

11. Year 2002: I Killed Him! by LenniluvsBrian

12. 1995: Woken From A Nightmare by LenniluvsBrian

Prologue by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey y'all! Yes, another fic. Lol. This one is finished, but will be posted up one chapter at a time, like all the others. And it's actually up elsewhere, but I never get reviews there, so figured I'd post it up here. I also wrote this a few years back. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea & anything that don't belong to BSB, anybody else famous, or a station. Thank-you!




Friends are supposed to be forever, right? Wrong. Friends are nothing but back-stabbing assholes, who use you to suit their needs whenever they feel like it. That’s exactly what friends are. I don’t believe there is such thing as a real friend. Especially after all that has happened over the past few years.

Confused? Well, let me explain my reasoning to you. My name is Nick Carter, Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys to be exact. This whole mess started back in 1993, when I thought I’d found someone who actually liked me for me, and who would always be a real friend. Well, as it turned out, I was wrong. More wrong than I ever expected to be. At first everything was great; we were real chummy and everything. He was always there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to laugh with (or at). Then, something changed. I’m not quite sure what it was, but something happened without us noticing it at first. When I think back about all that we went through, I actually kind of wish we’d never drifted apart. He was a great friend in the beginning, my best friend actually.

Here, I’ll show you what I mean....
1993 by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Just so y'all know, anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Thank-you. Note: If it's kinda - ah - crappy, sorry! But I did write these a few years ago. Lol.
“Hey y’all, my name’s Brian Littrell. How y’all doin’?” The blond-headed Kentucky-man drawled.

He looks like a pretty nice guy. Though I’m usually not the greatest when it comes to judging people.

“Hey cous’,” Kevin replied smiling.

Good God, this man can smile!

“Hi. I’m Howie,” Howie said.

“I’m Alex, unless my Mom’s upset about something, then it’s Alexander.”

“Who might you be?” Brian asked, smiling warmly at me. “The mute?”

Ha! The mute! Good one. Boy has he got it all wrong. I’m the prankster that always manages to get into trouble somehow.

“Name’s Nick Carter,” I answered.

“Well, Nick Carter, kinda young, aren’t you?” He teased.

“No. Not according to management,” I responded.

“Boy, you sure are a witty one,” Brian chuckled. “I think we’ll get along just great.”

I grinned. Finally a real friend! Won’t Mom be proud?

“So, what y’all like to do around here for fun?” Brian queried. “Other than sing.”

“Sports, poetry, acting, ventriloquism, etc.,” Alex told him. “Nick here, is totally obsessed with Nintendo and basketball though. Can never seem to get him away from either one.”

Brian’s eyes lit up. “You like basketball?”

“Like it? I love it!” I exclaimed excitedly, as the other guys aren’t that great at it. “I’m the best outta everyone here.”

“Care to have a game?” Brian questioned. “If you’ve a ball, we can go play on that court out back right now.”

“Seriously?” I double-checked.

“Yeah, seriously,” he nodded. “Now, c’mon. Get the ball and let’s go.”

I quickly retrieved the ball, and the two of us hurried out back to shoot some hoops.

“So, you’re the best here, eh?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “The others don’t like it that much. They prefer football and billiards and stuff.”

“I’m pretty good myself…” he trailed off. “So, what are we playing?”

“Pig, Horse, twenty-one?” I suggested. “Don’t matter to me. You can pick if you want.”

“Let’s play Horse, as it’s longer than Pig, but shorter than twenty-one,” he stated. “Well, at least we hope it’s shorter than twenty-one.”

I giggled. “Yeah, sure. We really wanna have to go back into that boiling hot building.”

He laughed. “Guess you’ve a point. No one wants to be stuck inside on a day like today.”

“Exactly,” I rejoined, as I dribbled the ball some. “He shoots and he…”

I watched as the ball bounced off the brim of the net.

“Misses!” Brian supplied. “My turn!”

He took his shot, and cheered.

“Show off,” I muttered, as I went to stand in the spot he’d shot from. “I’ll make it this time!”

“Sure you will,” he said, suddenly appearing beside me. “And I’m Michael Jordan.”

“I thought Michael Jordan was taller?” I joked. “If I’d known he was this short, I would’ve tried out for a major league basketball team.”

“Just shoot the ball already,” he sighed. “Next time I’ll remember not to mention Michael Jordan.”

I took the shot, and groaned as the ball totally missed the net.

“Watch my next shot, it’ll be nothing but net,” he bragged.

Please don’t get it in! Jinx! Jinx! Jinx!

“And he scores!” Brian yelled. “Hello Mr. H.!”

“Oh, shut-up,” I grumbled, catching the ball. “I’ll get it in…eventually.”

A while later, it was down to the last point; if he got the ball in, I’d lose the game.

I watched wordlessly as the ball flew into the net.

“Aw! Man!” I groaned. “I lost!”

“You sure did little man,” Brian smirked. “About time too.”

“Who you calling little? I’m not much shorter than you?”

“No, you’re not. But I’ve more muscle.”

“I’ll get you for that!” I shouted, running after him.

We chased each other around until we were both tuckered out and in desperate need of water and the facilities.

~~~~~

Interruption:

See? Like I said, he was cool when we first met. He acted like a big kid, and me, still being a kid at the time, highly enjoyed that fact. Sorry for interrupting the story like this, but I felt the need to state my input.

Hair Prank by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Thank-you!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.




“NICKOLAS GENE CARTER AND BRIAN THOMAS LITTRELL!” Kevin roared. “GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE RIGHT NOW!”

The two of us quickly entered Kevin’s Hotel room, only to find him covered in shaving cream and with pink hair.

“Which one of you dyed my hair and who covered me with shaving cream?” He demanded.

“HE DID!” We exclaimed pointing at each other.

This caused Alex to laugh, and Howie to hide his smiled behind his book.

“Until the two of you grow up and stop messing with my stuff, I’m forbidding you to play Nintendo for the rest of the week,” Kevin stated angrily.

“You can’t do that!” I protested. “You’re not our boss!”

“I may not be Brian’s, but as long as we’re on tour, I’m yourguardian,” he reminded me. “Also, Alex can’t play it either as he was caught looking at porn. Therefore, Brian has no one to play with, unless Howie or myself decide to play.”

“Alex? Porn?” I gasped playfully. “I’m shocked.”

“Double shocked,” Brian added. “Alex, how could you?”

“Sure you are, and I’m the Tooth Fairy,” Howie piped up. “I’m his best friend and I wasn’t shocked.”

“Probably ‘cause you were the one who supplied it,” I rejoined.

“I did nothing of the sort!” Howie cried.

“Ooh. Defensive!” Brian teased. “Testy too.”

“OUT!” Kevin yelled. “BOTH OF YOU! OUT!”

“We’re going, we’re going,” we replied, letting ourselves out, before he literally threw us out.

“Well, that was a fun prank,” I giggled. “Gotta love the colour pink on him.”

“Little does he know, it won’t come out for a good month,” Brian chuckled. “We’re so dead.”

“Wait…” I trailed off. “Today’s Friday, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Tomorrow’s the end of the week,” I grinned. “We can play Nintendo again the day after tomorrow.”

“Yeah, we can,” Brian acknowledged, grinning himself. “Also, we’re too busy recording and rehearsing tomorrow, so we wouldn’t have been able to play anyway.”

“And he thought he got us,” I laughed shaking my head. “He’s got a lot to learn, don’t he?”

“Well, that’s my cous’ for ya, distributing punishments, without checking out all the details and loop holes.”

We laughed the rest of the way back to our Hotel room (we’re stuck sharing a room, as are Howie and Alex. No one wanted to share with Kevin. Hehe.).

~~~~~

Interruption:

Ah. The good old days, and the pranks we pulled. You should’ve been there for some of them. Lol. If I had a penny for every time Kevin or someone else would come and yell at us for goofing off, or pulling some stupid prank, I swear I’d be the wealthiest man in the universe. Anyhow, like I said before, all was great the first couple of years. I think it was sometimes during the third year that we began to slowly drift apart.
1995 by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Here's another chapter, 'cause the last one was kinda short. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.




“Hey, Frick?”

“Yeah, Frack?”

“Wanna play some Nintendo before we have to perform?”

“Nah. I’m busy writing a letter to my girlfriend.”

“But you’ve been writing that letter for hours!” I whined. “I want someone to play with!”

“Bug A.J.,” Frick suggested. “Maybe he’ll play.”

“He’s too busy flirting with the girls in the hallway,” I answered, somewhat disgusted.

“What girls?”

“Magazine girls,” I replied. “Ones that just wanna get the dirt on us so they can ruin our reps, so Kevin says.”

“Then why is A.J. associating with them?”

“Kevin hasn’t caught him yet,” I guessed. “I dunno. What do I look like? His keeper?”

“It’s possible,” Frick shrugged. “Now, please let me finish this letter. It’s very important.”

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” I muttered. “Jeez. All you ever hear about, is Samantha this and Samantha that!”

“Maybe once you get a girlfriend, you’ll understand things better,” Frick snapped. “Now, shut-up!”

Grouch! Jeez. Maybe his name should’ve been Oscar, instead of Brian. Oscar, Oscar the Grouch. Yep. That definitely suits him today, and yesterday, and probably tomorrow as well.

“Hey Nicky, why the long face?” Howie wanted to know. “What’s eating you?”

“Never mind,” I grumbled unhappily. “It’s not important.”

“It has to be, if you’re moping.”

“I’m not moping!” I retorted. “Now, leave me alone!”

“Oh-kay!” Howie replied. “No need to bite my head off.”

Damn. Now I’m taking my frustration out on Howie. Maybe Brian and I should have another talk later. Hope he’ll be available; I don’t want advice from A.J. again. Now that was a total nightmare.


Later that night after the show…
“So, Frack, you wanted to talk?” Frick began. “What about?”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “About…stuff…”

“What kinda stuff?”

“Um…”

“Let me guess, Samantha?”

“Uh, yeah…”

“Look. I know I haven’t spent as much time with you as I usually do, but I’ve been really busy. What, with work and all, then the responsibility to take Samantha out on dates. Plus, Kevin’s been breathing down my neck about the deadline for the thank-you messages that are needed for the next album…”

“I know about all that,” I piped up, cutting him off. “Well, everything but the date part. I just want us to be able to spend some more time together, that’s all. I miss being able to hang with my best friend whenever.”

“I’m sorry if I’ve neglected you and made you feel second best, Frack,” Frick apologized. “You’re my best friend, no one could ever replace you. Especially not a girlfriend.”

“Really?” I asked skeptically.

“Really,” he stated. “How about we do something together tomorrow? Just the two of us.”

“Sure!” I grinned. “All day?”

“All day, Pal,” he smiled broadly. “Just us and security, and maybe the odd fan.”

My grin increased (as if it was actually possible, seeing as it already was gigantic). “Alright!”

~~~~~

Interruption:

Nothing can replace me? Ha! There’s a laugh! Ever heard of something called a wife, maybe? Jeez. What a liar he is. Oops. Sorry. Got a bit ahead of myself. Okay, way ahead of myself. Ah, well. No one’s perfect, especially not him!




A.N.: More italics stuff on certain words would've been shown, but I lsot a contest I worked really hard on. Stupid me thought I actually stood a chance of winning this time. But I guess I'm just one of 20,000 unknown like always.
Still 1995 by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
A.N.: Here's the next chapter y'all! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea & any non-BSB related people. BSB & anyone else associated with 'em, owns themselves. Thank-you!

Note: I know Leighanne doesn't really come along into their lives until 1997, but for some reason, I screwed that up when writing this fic & it'd lose the point of the fic if I were to change it. So, remember Fan Fiction. Lol.

“Nick! Don’t touch that!” Frick yelled. “You’ll break it!”

“I will not!” I yelled back, just as I tripped and dropped it. “Shit!”

“I told you!” Brian shouted. “I told you, you’d break it!”

“Shut-up,” I muttered. “It was an accident.”

“An accident that shouldn’t have happened,” Frick stated. “If you’d listened to me, it wouldn’t have gotten broken.”

“Sorry,” I mumbled. “I didn’t mean to break it.”

“Sure you didn’t,” Frick said. “You’ve hated all my girlfriends, this one especially.”

“I have not!”

“You have so!” Frick replied, raising his voice again. “You’re just a Jealous Shit-Headed Blond, who can’t accept the fact that his best friend can’t spend every awakening moment with him!”

“I’m not a Shit-Headed Blond!” I hollered. “Also, you’re blond too!”

“Ah, didn’t mention the jealous part, I see.”

“I’m not jealous!” I cried, stamping my foot.

“Look, if you’re going to act like a spoiled toddler, then get out of my room!” Frick barked. “I don’t want some annoying, whiny brat in here!”

“Fine! See what I care!” I retorted. “You’re nothing but a conceited, snobbish, shit-headed, dimwitted, yellow, dumb ass, asshole!”

“ENOUGH!” A deep voice boomed.

“But…” we both protested.

“I SAID ENOUGH!” Kevin bellowed angrily. “SIT DOWN!”

We obediently sat down on the bed, making sure not to sit right next to one another.

“Now, what seems to be the problem this time?”

“He’s being a Shit-Headed Toddler,” Frick piped up.

“I am not!” I rejoined. “He’s being a dumb ass asshole!”

“I meant, what started this whole argument?”

“He broke the gift LeighAnne gave me!”

“Yeah, well, you wouldn’t play Nintendo or basketball with me! Also, that was an accident!

“Like Hell!”

“It was!”

“SHUT-UP!”

We immediately shut-up, and looked away from one another.

“Seriously, I think you two need to spend some quality time together, before you end up killing each other. The only thing is, don’t mention girlfriends or anything else that may upset you,” Kevin riposted. “I’ll arrange for it as soon as we’re in the next city.”

“I don’t wanna spend time with some kid,” Frick snapped.

I sat there, hurt by his words.

“Yeah, well, I don’t wanna spend time with a conceited snob.”

Please, let him see how hurt I am, so he knows that I don’t mean what I just said.

“Fine!” Frick stated. “We won’t! Not now, or ever!”

I felt as though I’d been slapped and punched in the stomach all at once then.

Please tell me he’s kidding. Please!

“Brian, surely you don’t mean that,” Kevin said, as he’d noticed the look on my face. “You two have been friends since we started this whole thing.”

“I mean it Kevin! I’m sick of him following me around and butting into my personal life.”

I stood up then, more than ready to leave before my tears started to flow.

I liked Kevin’s suggestion better. I never like Kevin’s suggestions, but today, I do.

“Where are you going?” Frick…Brian demanded. “Off to phone your Mommy, and tell her how mean I’ve been to you?”

“No,” I managed. “I’m leaving, so I won’t be stuck in a room with you any longer today.”

I walked out then, wishing I’d the guts to turn around and let him see exactly how I felt.


Interruption:

As you see, I’ve regretted that moment since the very second it happened. I honestly think it’s my fault we’re not friends now, as I didn’t go back in there that day, to tell him how I felt. I’d only said what I did because I was hurt and didn’t know how to handle it. In reality, all I wanted was for him to hug me and say that everything would be all right. That we’d still be Frick ‘n’ Frack, no matter what. Well, here’s what really happened the following year...


A.N.: Y'all won't find out about next year until I decide to update again. Hehe.
No Heart (1996) by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Guess y'all waited lnog enough to find out about next yeah, huh? Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: As always, only own story idea. BSB own themselves, as does everybody else! Thank-you!

Reminder: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“You’re kidding, right?” A.J. asked, completely shocked.

“No. I’m not,” Frick replied, dead serious. “I mean it with all my heart.”

What heart? He has no heart, if he’s doing this.

“But…why?” Howie wanted to know. “You’ve been best friends forever.”

“That’s the whole problem,” Frick answered. “He’s underfoot and meddling with parts of my life he shouldn’t be meddling with.”

“So…Frick ‘n’ Frack…are no more?” A.J. questioned.

Frick nodded. “Yep.”

Why me? Why me? Why me?

“Nick, you agree with this?”

NO!

“Do I have a choice?” I queried. “Or, as usual, do I get no say in the matter?”

“No say,” Frick retorted. “My decision, not yours.”

“Why is it only yours?” I cried. “It’s my life we’re talking about too!”

“No. We’re not. It’s not always about you, Nick,” Frick snapped.

What happened to Frack?

“I didn’t say it was.”

This is not happening! This is not happening!

“Then it’s final,” Kevin sighed. “You’re only Frick ‘n’ Frack when the fans or media are around. The rest of the time you can totally ignore and hate one another.

NO!

“Nicky, are you okay?” Howie interrogated out of the blue.

“Yeah, man, you look kinda sick,” A.J. added.

Leave it to A.J. to be blunt at a time like this.

“Well?”

What the Hell do you think, you Bozos? My best friend just ditched me, for his girlfriend. I’ve no friends again. How the Hell do you think I feel?

I glanced at Brian, and noticed a semi-worried look on his face.

“F…fine,” I managed, before collapsing.

A couple days later…

“You okay Nick?” Kevin asked, as I opened my eyes.

“I-I think so,” I responded. “What-what happened?”

“We’re not quite sure,” he answered. “You blacked out after Brian made it official that Frick ‘n’ Frack are no more.”

Oh, yeah, that. Must he remind me?

“Oh, sorry,” I apologized for some odd reason.

“Not your fault,” Kevin shrugged.

“How long I been out?”

“Two days,” A.J. supplied, appearing out of nowhere. “We didn’t think you’d take the news that hard. Guess we were wrong.”

No shit Sherlock. What did you expect? I just lost my best friend for all eternity.

“Here, I made you some soup,” Howie said, entering the room. “Well, actually, I had room service send it up, but…”

“We get the picture D.,” A.J. laughed. “We get it.”

God. Does he have to laugh right now? I’ve a headache the size of Texas.

I slowly began to eat the soup, with some assistance from Kevin.


Interruption: Care to notice how Frick wasn’t there to help? Some friend he is, eh? *Mumbles* Asshole! Oh, and guess what he did to the group two years later...
A.N.: Now...let's see how long it takes me to post the next chapter. Lol.

Surgery (1998) by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB & everybody else own themselves. Thank-you!

“You’re what?” Kevin exclaimed. “You’re kidding, right?”

“No, I’m not kidding, Kevin,” Frick riposted. “Why would I kid about something like that?”

“S…surgery?” A.J. sputtered. “This is a joke, right?”

“No, it’s not!” Frick yelled. “I’m dead serious! I need to have open heart surgery!”

Must he use the word ‘dead’?

“Well, we hope you’ll be all right,” Howie spoke up. “When’s the surgery scheduled?”

“May 8th,” Frick answered sheepishly.

“What?” I gasped. “Why so late? Shouldn’t you be having it now?”

“What do you care, Nick?” He snapped. “Hmm?”

“I…I…”

“It doesn’t matter if he cares or not,” Kevin cut in. “He’s a point. Why’s it scheduled so late? If your heart’s that bad, shouldn’t the surgery be now?”

“I…I don’t wanna disappoint the fans,” he admitted. “Besides, management pretty much had a cow when I told them I need surgery.”

Figures. He just has to play Super Angel, don’t he? Also, I’m gonna kill management for radding him out. It’s not his fault… Wait, he’s right. Why do I care?

“I don’t wanna be any trouble,” he managed, before breaking down into tears.

Poor guy.

“It’ll be okay cous’, I promise,” Kevin assured him, giving him a hug. “I won’t let anything happen to you.”

“We won’t let anything happened to you either,” A.J. piped up, indicating himself and Howie.

I, on the other hand, remained silent, as I was trying to sort my feelings out.

Please God, let him be alright. If not for me, for his family, friends, and the fans. He means so much, to so many people; it wouldn’t be fair to them if he were to die before, during, or after the surgery!

Interruption:

No one but me, and now all of you, know about that little prayer I made. I’ll admit it only to you people reading this. I miss Frick. I miss having him as my best friend way more than I’ll ever admit to anyone, even you. Well, guess I’ll get back to my story now.

Still 1998 by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Felt like updating tonight. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Thank-you!

Reminder: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“So, Brian, how’s Leighanne?” Howie asked. “Heard you and her had a small argument.”

“She’s good,” Frick answered. “Also, we settled the argument last night and made up.”

“If you know what he means,” A.J. chuckled, with an evil glint in his eyes.

“Bone, shut-up!” I grumbled. “It’s none of our business what he does with his wife.”

“It is so!” A.J. protested. “We’re his brothers! We deserve to know what goes on!”

“Never mind, if you’re going to be an idiot about it,” I muttered. “Besides, you don’t seem to care about what Kevin and Kristin do in their bedroom or how they ‘make up’, as you like to call it.”

“That’s ‘cause it’s Kevin,” he replied simply. “No one wants to know what he does,not even his own cousin!”

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that remark,” Kevin said as he entered the room. “Also, Nick’s right, it’s none of your business what goes on in anyone’s bedroom. If it was, well, then, we’d be asking you, A.J., every day, just exactly went on in yours.”

Go Kevin!

A.J. looked away somewhat embarrassed.

“Point made, Kev,” he mumbled.

Frick laughed. “I’d sure say it was made.”

I dared to look at him, and remembered how we used to kid around like that all the time.

Damn I miss him.

“Nick, you’ve a staring problem or something?” A.J. asked suddenly.

“No. Why?”

“You’re sitting there staring at Brian, again,” he stated.

“I am not!” I protested. “I’m just thinking about something really hard.”

“There’s a first,” I heard Frick mutter.

“Look. Just ‘cause I’m blond and the youngest, doesn’t mean I’m an idiot!” I shouted, jumping up. “You’re blond too, and can be just as dense at times!”

“Here we go with the ‘you’re blond too’ thing again,” Frick said annoyed. “Jeez. How many times are you going to use that damn line?”

“Until it damn well learns to stick in your stupid head!” I returned angrily. “You’re no God sent angel yourself, you know!”

“And the sparks begin to fly once more,” Howie said under his breath.

“Damn straight they’re gonna fly Howie!” I snapped. “I’m sick of him treating me like shit ‘cause of what happened a few years ago!”

“You deserve to be treated like shit, as you are shit!” Frick retorted. “You just don’t wanna admit it to yourself!”

“I said I was sorry!” I screamed. “Was that not good enough for you? Jeez. All I wanted was to hang with my best friend!”

“You don’t have a best friend,” Frick growled. “You never have and never will. You don’t deserve one!”

I was taken back by his words, and stood there completely shocked, looking like the idiot that I am. I snapped out of my daze, and hurried out of the room before I broke down in front of him and the other guys. I finally found my room and stumbled in, collapsing on the floor next to the bed.

Damn him! Damn him to hell! How can he not see that I still care? Damn!

Interruption:

As you can see, I was terribly upset by his words. I never thought he could hurt me that much, ever. I always figured that deep down he still cared about me, but I guess I was wrong. Dead wrong. I’d wish he’d died during his surgery, but I won’t and can’t, because I still care so much. I guess I’ll always care about him, no matter how cruel he is to me. He was my first and only friend. Okay, the other guys are my friends, but never meant as much to me as he still does. That was in 1998, 2000 was worse. Way worse.

Now 2000...And Still Arguing.... by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
HAPPY 32ND BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea! Thank-you!

Reminder: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“Nick! Leighanne is not cheating on me!” Frick yelled. “How dare you even imply that!”

“Well, excuse me for telling you what I saw,” I retorted.

“Also, if it’s true and you did really see it, just why would you tell me?” Frick demanded. “It’s not like you still care about me anymore. We only worried about the other’s welfare when we were friends, but we’re not.”

Damn that cold harsh reality!

“I…I just did, alright?” I said, my voice starting to overcome with emotion. “I…I…oh, never mind.”

Damn voice! How dare it betray me like he has so many times!

I turned away from him, which angered him even more for some reason.

“Nickolas Gene Carter!” He growled. “Look at me when I’m talking to you!”

I turned to glare at him helplessly. “What?”

“You know what.”

“Get out. Jeez. What the hell else is new around here?” I muttered. “God. You try to help a guy out, and this is how he repays you.”

“She is not cheating. You’re just being a selfish asshole because you still care,” he stated bluntly. “You still long for us to be Frick ‘n’ Frack again, which you know deep down will never happen. You may think you’ve searched deep down, but you haven’t searched deep enough because you’re too damn chicken to do so!”

“So what if I haven’t?” I snapped, totally showing I cared. “Haven’t you ever thought about the old days and how much fun they were? Haven’t you wished we were still Frick ‘n’ Frack and that we’d never let some stupid girl come between us?”

That stupid girl just happens to be my wife!” He snarled. “And no I don’t regret any of it, except ever becoming friends with you.”

“Yeah, well, I regret befriending you too!” I riposted, before storming out of his room once more.

How dare he make me feel unwanted, unloved, and useless. I have an uncanny (strange) feeling something’s gonna happen to one of us, to test just how true our words are. I’m not liking that damn feeling one bit either.

Interruption:

As you can see, I’d had a weird feeling then, something was going to happen to someone. Whether it be Frick or I, or not, I knew something was about to happen. It just so happens that, that something happened right in the middle of one of our many sold out concerts.

It's Your Fault! by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Here's some more for y'all! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea! Thank-you!

Reminder: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“It takes a lot to know what is love. It’s not the big things, but the little things that can mean enough,” Frick sang.

“A lot of prayers to get me through (through). And there is never a day that passes by I don’t think of you,” Howie continued.

“You were always there for me. Pushing me, and guiding me, always to succeed,” A.J. finished.

“You showed me...” (All)

“When I was young just how to grow...” (A.J.)

“You showed me...” (All)

“Everything that I should know...” (Frick)

“You showed me...” (All)

“Just how to walk without your hand, ‘cause Mom you always were the perfect fan...” (Frick)

“God has been so good,” Kevin began. “Blessing me, with a family…”

Just then there were sparks coming from Kevin’s microphone. Impulsively, I ran towards him, quickly yanking the surprised fan away. We all watched horrified as our fearless leader, was electrocuted by the live wire, until someone finally cut the power to his microphone.

I turned to the girl next to me (I’d left my fan when I ran to save Kevin’s).

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Y…yeah…” she managed, as she began to shake. “Is…is he okay?”

“I…I don’t know,” I admitted, as paramedics quickly came on stage to escort him to the Hospital. “I sure hope so.”

She nodded slightly.

“Here,” I said, helping her to a safe spot to sit down. “Sit here and try to stay warm. I don’t want you going into shock on me.”

I passed her my stage jacket and hurried over to see what was happening with Kevin.

“Hey guys, is Kevin okay?”

“Did it look like he was okay?” Frick spat. “Hmm? Did it? Did it?”

“N…no,” I stammered. “I…I just thought they…they might’ve told you something they…they didn’t tell me.”

“Well, they didn’t,” Frick snapped. “And even if they did, I wouldn’t be telling you.”

“Why not?” I asked confused.

“You saved a fan instead of him!” Frick yelled. “He’s supposed to be like a damn brother to you, but you saved a fan instead!”

“What the hell you expect me to do, Brian?” I demanded, raising my voice. “Just let the poor girl get fried?”

“If it would’ve helped Kevin, YES!”

“You’re being an irrational, irresponsible, illogical, indecorous, inconsiderate, idiotic, ignoramus!” I yelled. (Translation: You’re being a senseless, thoughtless, unreasonable, disgraceful, selfish, asinine (moronic), blockhead!)

“What the hell does all that mean, asshole?” Frick growled.

You’re the asshole, not me!” I shouted. “At least I cared enough to help the fan, who’s supported us, you included all these damn years!”

“Also, you can figure that sentence out yourself, you ignominious individual!” I added. (Translation: you shameful [corrupt: wicked] person!)

We all left the arena then (I made sure the fan was being taken care of first though) and headed off towards the Hospital in hopes of finding any news on our father figure.

Interruption:

Hey again. Sorry about all those “I” words. I couldn’t help myself, seeing as they all popped into my head so suddenly. Well, back to what went on that day. Only interrupted to apologize for all those big ass words I used on him, to prove I’m not a blond-headed twit. Anyhow, like I said two sentences ago, back to that day…

At the Hospital…

A.J. and Howie comforted Frick, as well as each other, while we waited for any news on Kevin. I, on the other hand, was left to sit by my lonesome on the other side of the waiting room.

I just love how they all get mad at me for no apparent reason. Jeez. I did what I could at the moment. What? Was I supposed to grab Kevin and the fan, thus electrocuting all three us us, instead of just one. Also, it was not my fault that Kevin had a faulty microphone!

“Are you gentlemen here for Mr. Richardson?” Dr. Smith asked (I read his name tag).

“Yes Sir,” Frick answered. “How is he?”

“He’s unconscious at the moment. There’s no telling when he may wake up either,” Dr. Smith informed us, then he glanced at me. “It was a good thing you got that fan away from him. If she had’ve been holding his hand she would’ve been fried as well. She also may’ve been worse off than he is now, as she was smaller.”

I beamed somewhat. Finally! Someone who agrees that what I did was right!

“It was also smart of you to cover her with that jacket and to keep her talking so she wouldn’t go into shock,” Dr. Smith continued. “Her family greatly appreciates it.”

“No problem,” I smiled politely. “I just did what I though I had to.”

“Which didn’t involve helping Kevin,” Frick muttered.

How many damn times do I have to tell you, I couldn’t have helped him without making the situation worse?” I demanded. “Just be glad that he’s alive, alright?”

“For now,” he returned.”

“Whoa. Mr. Holy himself is having doubts,” I retorted. “There’s a damn first.”

Put your faith in God, and all will be well," I mimicked. “God works in mysterious ways. He knows what’s best.

Don’t you dare sit there and make fun of my beliefs!” Frick shouted.

“Funny how you believe them until someone you love gets hurt,” I snapped. “You’re such an egotistical fool.”

“I am not egotistical!” he yelled. “You’re the one who’s egotistical!”

“Whatever,” I shrugged. “I can see you’re not gonna listen to me, which is no big surprise. Especially considering you haven’t cared about my opinion for years now.”

“You may go in and see Mr. Richardson now, if you’d like,” Dr. Smith piped up. “He’s ready for visitors.”

We all got up to go see him, but suddenly Frick turned on me.

“I don’t want you in there!” He stated. “Seeing as you’re the reason he’s in here!”

“But…” I tried, only to be cut off.

“Dr. Smith, make it your personal duty to see that Mr. Carter is not allowed in there at any time whatsoever,” Frick ordered.

“I’ll see what I can do about it, Mr. Littrell,” Dr. Smith responded.

“Thank-you,” Frick replied, before heading towards Kevin’s room, with our two other band-mates at his heels.

Dr. Smith looked at me then. “I know you want to see Mr. Richardson for yourself. That’s why I didn’t mention that if Mr. Richardson requests your presence when he awakes, you’re to be let in no matter what.”

“Thanks,” I said with a small smile.

“In return of the favour, I’d like an autograph for my daughter, if you don’t mind,” he went on. “She’s a huge fan of yours.”

I nodded, as he passed me a pen and paper. A few hours later, A.J. came into the waiting room.

“Kevin’s up,” he told me. “He wants to see you.”

“I’m glad he still holds authority over Brian,” I muttered under my breath.

“Me too pal,” A.J. agreed. “Brian’s turning into the biggest ass of the century.”

“No shit,” I replicated. “And you’re just noticing this now?”

“I would’ve said something earlier, Howie too, but we didn’t wanna get caught up in the middle of this whole mess,” he said apologetically. “We both wanted to smack him upside the head to knock some sense into him.”

“I know the feeling.”

We entered Kevin’s room then, only to have Frick glare at me again.

“Why weren’t you already in here?” Kevin wanted to know. “I thought all my little brothers would be in here.”

“I would’ve been, if your one brother hadn’t been such an ass,” I stated, giving Frick an icy look.

Kevin noticed my look, and in turn glared at Frick.

“Brian, you’ve no right to keep Nick from coming in here,” Kevin admonished. “He’s my baby brother and is allowed to come see me whenever he wants. It’s not up to you to decide for me, who can and cannot visit.”

“It’s his fault you’re here!” Frick cried. “He’s the one who didn’t even try to help you!”

“Did you even try to help me?” Kevin rejoined. “Hmm? Did you?”

“No…but…”

“Exactly,” Kevin said. “At least Nick saved the fan for me.”

Frick sighed angrily then, and sat back in a huff. Thank-you Kevin!

Interruption:

As you can see, Kevin readily came to my aid that day, and I greatly appreciated it more than he’ll ever know. He too doesn’t understand why Frick broke up our perfectly good friendship over some girl. Don’t get me wrong, we all like Leighanne; well, minus me; but we all agree (except Frick), a girl ain’t worth ruining a five year friendship. 2000 was bad, but in 2002, Frick actually more than just mentally hurt me. Here, let, me show you…

Year 2002: I Killed Him! by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Muah hahaha! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB & everyone else owns themselves. Thank-you!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's (or Brian's - this chapter only) thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“Why the hell is the damn Nintendo all over the floor again?” Frick demanded. “You’re how old? Jeez. I would’ve thought you’d learned to clean up after yourself by now.”

“Look who’s talking,” I said not so quietly.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Exactly what it sounded like.”

“Argh!” Brian yelled frustrated, throwing my one game across the back of the bus.

“Hey!” I cried. “I don’t disrespect your stuff, so why are you disrespecting mine?”

“My stuff’s never lying around to disrespect,” he growled. “Yours always is.”

“So what?”

We continued to argue, until he got really mad and hit me.

“What the Hell was that for?”

“For being a selfish ass all these years!”

“I’m not the selfish ass in the group, the selfish ass just punched me for no good reason.”

The next thing I knew, we were wrestling on the floor like we used to, only it wasn’t playful wrestling this time around.

He started to hit me with anything he could get his hands on then, and I tried desperately to defend myself. Suddenly everything went black.

Frick’s view (what Nick doesn’t know):

“Oh my God! Nick? Nick? Nick!

I killed him. I killed him. I killed him! Oh, God, no.

I shook him then, but he wouldn’t wake up.

“Nick! C’mon buddy! Please wake up!” I pleaded with him, as my eyes began to well up with tears. “Nick! I never meant to hurt you! Oh, God! Please wake up!”

I kept trying and soon heard the other guys board the bus (we’d stopped at Mickey Dees).

“Good God! What happened in here?”

I looked up at Kevin, tears streaming down my face.

“I…I didn’t mean it,” I managed. “It…it was an…an accident.”

“Howie! Call 9-1-1!” Kevin ordered. “We need medical assistance a.s.a.p.!”

The ambulance arrived shortly afterwards, only to cause Kevin and I to argue once more.

I’m going with him, Kevin,” I stated firmly. “He needs me.”

“After all the pain you’ve caused him these past few years?” Kevin snapped. “I don’t think so!”

I shoved past him and hopped into the back of the ambulance.

“Go,” I told them. “Go NOW!”

The paramedic closed the back doors, and soon we were speeding off towards the Hospital. Once there, I requested that only I be allowed in his room until he woke up. The doctors granted me my request, totally pissing off the others, but, thankfully, there was nothing they could do about it.

“Nick, I’m sorry,” I began. “I never meant to hurt you as much as I have. I just thought it’d be for the best at the time, but I was wrong. Very wrong. I should’ve never ditched you like that.”

I then began to sing.

“I’d go anywhere for you. Anywhere you want me to. I’d do anything for you. Anything you ask me to. I’d walk carefree around the world, just to play Nintendo with you. Your friendship as far as I can see, is all the friendship I’ll ever need. Oh, I’d go anywhere for you. Anywhere you want me to. I’d do anything for you. Anything you want me to…”

I finished in tears once more. “I love you…Frack.”

Suddenly, more words popped into my head, and I began to sing again.

“I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, I will love you ‘till death do us part. I promise you, as a buddy and a friend. I’ll be your best friend ‘till the very end. With everything I am…I promise you, with everything I am…”

Interruption:

I could hear Frick calling me, but he seemed so far away. This highly confused me, but, then again, I’m always confused.

1995: Woken From A Nightmare by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Yay! Finally we've reached the last chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB & everyone else owns themselves. Thank-you!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“Frack? Frack? Frack!”

“Frick? Frick? Frick!”

“Frack, wake-up! You’re having a nightmare!”

I opened my eyes, only to find Frick sitting on the edge on my bed staring at me worriedly.

“You alright?”

“I’m not dead?”

“No. Not yet. Kevin still doesn’t know you’re responsible for the super glue in his shoes.”

“What year is?” I asked, suddenly worried.

Frick gave me an odd look. “1995. Why?”

“I just had the worst dream ever!” I exclaimed.

“I know. I could hear you mumbling.”

“You didn’t wanna be my best friend anymore. You ended up married to someone named Leighanne. You ditched me for her. You had heart surgery. It was the year 2002. You said I was annoying. You called me just some dumb kid. You treated me like shit, and beat the shit outta me. You put me in the Hospital ‘cause you tried to kill me after throwing my Nintendo game across the back of the bus. You hated my guts. You…”

“Frack, none of that will ever happen,” Frick assured me. “I promise. Okay?”

“But what about you marrying Leighanne and saying I was annoying? What about the heart surgery? And you hating me, and beating me up.” “I wouldn’t doubt the annoying part, but as for the Leighanne thing, well, it’ll all depends on fate,” Frick answered. “Also, I could never hate you, because you’re my best friend. Plus, I always wrestle with you, but it’s all in fun, and nothing more. Now, as for the heart surgery, well, hopefully not, as my heart seems fine. We’ll just have to cross that bridge when or if we get to it, alright?”

“But…”

“Frack, a nightmare is a nightmare. Sure, it scares the shit outta you while it’s going on, and maybe for awhile afterwards, but it’s nothing more than ‘just’ a dream.”

“We’ll always be friends?” I double-checked.

“Best friends,” he smiled, wiping my tears away. “I’ll always be Frick, and you’ll always be my Frack.”

“Promise?”

“I promise you with everything I am,” he vowed. “You have nothing to worry about.”

He hugged me then, and stayed with me until I fell back asleep. I felt better just knowing he was there and always would be.

Interruption:

As you probably guessed, I was so happy to hear that it was only some stupid dream. I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared in my life. The others were surprised and confused nonetheless when they found us still huddled together the next morning. I thought for sure that A.J. would make fun of me, after Frick said I’d had a bad dream, but amazingly, he didn’t. I think they all somehow knew I’d needed Frick by my side. Well, like he said, he’ll always be Frick and I’ll always be Frack, forever.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7614