Where's the Floor? by Lissa
Summary: A short story I wrote for a writing challenge. It's about Nick not succeeding in cleaning his house before his girlfirned rooms in with him.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1677 Read: 678 Published: 04/22/06 Updated: 04/22/06

1. Where's the Floor? by Lissa

Where's the Floor? by Lissa
Nick decided that he was going to have his long-term girlfriend move in with him. His stuff was all over the house, and he knew some things would have to be removed to make room for his girl. He looked around his spacious house to determine what he would keep, get rid of, or put into storage.

He started in his bedroom. He loved his bed, so there was no way in hell that the bed was leaving. He then decided that all his bedroom furniture was going to stay. His laptop was lying by his night-stand. He quickly decided to keep the laptop where it was. He spotted his game systems and many games. Since he was trying to make his room more adult like, he decided that they would be moved to another room in the house. He just wasn't sure which room they were going in. He unhooked his game systems and brought them into the living room and left the system on his couch. His games were next and they joined the system on the couch. He then went back to his room.

He entered his bathroom that was connected to the master bedroom. All of that stuff was definitely staying. He just needed to reorganize so that she would have room for her stuff. Now that was easier said then done. Every time he moved something, he managed to completely drop something else. His toothbrush holder smashed into tiny pieces when the porcelain connected with the tile floor. He cursed gravity and then went to get his broom.

With his bedroom and bathroom done, he headed to the next room, which was his guest room. The bed was not really useable. It was loaded with extra pillows and blankets that were taken out the last time he had an overnight visitor. He couldn't remember when the last time that was. He also couldn't remember what storage area in the house that the pillows and blankets were from. He shrugged and one by one brought them into his living room. They too were placed on the couch.

Once all the pillows and blankets were placed on his couch, he left the room. No sooner after he left the room, his mountain of pillows and blankets toppled over, landing sporadically throughout the room.

His next room was his office. The computer desk was staying, the bookcase was staying. It was the contents of the bookshelf that was the problem. Though he didn't have many books because of a lack of time to read, he used the bookshelf for other things, like awards he won with BSB, movies and a few of the stuffed animals that he received from fans. He also had many empty boxes around the room.

He grabbed one of the many empty boxes and took it to his bookshelf. First he decided which awards he didn't feel that he had to show off. He placed them gently in the box. The remaining awards were moved to the top of the unit. He threw most of the stuffed animals in the box as well. He placed a few on top with the awards. That box was full. He grabbed it and took it downstairs. This also was placed in his living room.

He went back to his office and grabbed another empty box. This time he started putting his movies in it. He looked through and decided which movies he no longer watches, and movies that now he can not remember why he ever bought it in the first place. Once the box was full, he brought it to the living room. He went back up to his office and continued with another box. He used up three boxes on movies he didn't watch or want. Those too went into the living room.

He continued this way until he had done this with every room. Everything that he was planning on keeping the way it was just stayed in the room. He also kept everything in the room that he was planning on sending to storage. He just taped a note on the piece of furniture that said storage. Everything else, found its way into the living room. When every room was thoroughly looked through, he was generally proud. Now all he had to do was sort out everything that ended up in the living room.

He had been doing this all day, and now was tired and hungry. He left the house to get his dinner. When he got back to his house, he ate his dinner, and then watched TV for a bit. He managed to fall asleep.

A couple hours later he woke up and realized that it was about 5:00 and he hadn't even touched his living room. He bolted off of his bed and into the living room. He shuddered when he saw everything piled in his living room. This was going to take him almost all night to sort through.

He sighed. He rationalized that he wouldn't have to go through this again. He could just put it in his attic and be done with it. He sighed once again; this time with relief. This would only take a couple hours.

He entered his attic to see where he would put everything. He threw a mini temper tantrum when he realized that his attic was a mess and that there was no way he would be able to get all that stuff in the living room up here; well at least he wouldn't be able to do it without trapping himself in the attic.

He chuckled at the thought. Now wouldn't that headline be something? "Backstreet Boy, Nick Carter, dies of starvation and dehydration after trapping himself in his attic." He giggled.

He shook his head and then started on his long journey of straightening up the attic. While he was doing it, he started sorting through the random stuff up there and found a whole bunch of stuff that he had absolutely no use for. He started bringing that stuff downstairs and put it, where else, the living room. He even found stuff that was there from the previous owner. That too made its way into the living room.

Many, many hours later, he had his attic organized. Well, maybe not organized where he would be able to find something, but organized enough so that he could get all the stuff from the living room up here.

He walked downstairs and did a double take when he looked at his clock. It was nearly four in the morning. He looked at his living room and sighed in frustration. Exhaustion started setting in and he realized that there would be no way that he would be able clean up his living room.

He made his way upstairs and collapsed in pure exhaustion onto his bed. He was out like a light. A couple hours later, he woke up with a start. He realized that his girl was moving in that day, at about 7. He glanced at his clock. It was 6:48. He jumped out of bed and headed toward his living room. The clock read 6:55 when he entered the living room. He jumped out of his skin when the doorbell rang.

He made his way over to the window and sighed in relief when it was only his girl, and no moving truck. The doorbell rang again and he attempted to make it to the door.

When he didn't answer, she opened the door and started looking for Nick. She found him trying to make his way out of the living room. She chuckled. "Nick, where's the floor?"

"Somewhere?"

"Somewhere? What happened here?"

"I was trying to make room for your stuff."

She burst out laughing. "Well, you obviously failed at that one. When did you start this project?"

"At about 2:00 yesterday afternoon."

She became hysterical with laughter. Then she gently approached him and helped him climb out of the mess that once was his living room.

"I'm glad that I told the moving truck tomorrow." Nick nodded and then yawned. "How much sleep did you get last night?"

"I dunno, 2 hours maybe."

"Ok you. Off to bed."

"But, the mess."

"Bed now."

He yawned again. He couldn't deny how tired he was, so he obliged and headed up to his room. She went upstairs with him and kissed him before he fell asleep.

She went downstairs and shook her head in amusement when she saw the living room again. She momentarily wondered what was going through his mind when he started piling stuff in here. She shrugged and got to work.

Roughly 7 hours later, Nick woke up. He went downstairs, and walked past his living room. He didn't want to look in there and be reminded of the mess he made that he would now have to clean. He entered the kitchen.

"Oh good, you're awake."

He smiled at her and got a glass of juice. Then he went into his living room and was entirely glad that he had finished his juice before entering the living room. He went back into the kitchen. "What happened to the living room?"

"What do you mean what happened?"

"It was a disaster area when you sent me off to bed."

"I cleaned it."

"It was my mess; you didn't have to do it."

"Yes I did, because it would have taken you all day. It only took me 3 hours."

"3 HOURS?"

"Yep."

"It would have taken me much longer than 3 hours."

"Yep, and that's why you failed cleaning the house 101."

"Rub it in why don't you."

"Oh, I plan on it. You won't live this one down."

"I know, I know."

"Good. Now you owe me a thank you kiss."

"Anytime." He approached her and kissed her. "Thank you."
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7618