Almost Honest by Beautiful_Letdown
Summary: If he can't save them, he's willing to die trying.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 795 Read: 683 Published: 05/19/06 Updated: 05/19/06

1. Part One by Beautiful_Letdown

Part One by Beautiful_Letdown
Author's Notes:
This is part one. Part two is coming soon. This is a short story also.
So in the mean time, you’ll be resting on my mind
For the last time, I will leave myself behind
In the evenings raise a glass and tell some lies
Make a pass, impress another girl, she’s easy on the eyes
She was easy
So was I


“A.J., what are we doing anymore.” She asked softly as they both laid starring into the dark skies of their worlds. He felt her head gently tip toward his way and he didn’t need to look in her eyes for confirmation of her meaning. He didn’t need her to speak for him to know what she was saying. What were they doing anymore. Hell, if he should know. He kept starring at his sky.

“Are you even listening to me anymore? Do you still love me?” He did love her. He got her cars, clothes, jewelry, credit cards? Wasn’t that enough?

“What are we doing?” he asked looking at her forcefully. His glare was deep but she couldn’t see it because the thick darkness impaired their eyes thankfully. “Alex, I try so hard to please you. I try so hard an I don’t know what else I can do.”

“You can stop trying to buy love and start making it.” She said softly, “You can start coming home and spending time with me. Damn it Alex, I thought you knew me better than that. I love you, not your damned money!” she hissed the last sentence through the thick darkness and the bed shifted roughly. He turned over and closed his eyes. He knew she was crying when she abruptly flew from the bed, storming nosily in the bathroom. He sighed and squeezed his eyes shut. What were they doing? Did he love her if his secretary looked tempting or was that just human? Was it human to not voice your inner emotions to the person that was meant to hear them. Or were they meant for just sheer companionship and not the worry or feeling of being one’s mother.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered and he slowly drifted to sleep.

My reflection in the window when I ride
For Chicago, she is on the other side
Take a picture, write a letter to my love
Well I was almost honest
I was almost honest


The air was cool as it flowed through the cracked window. It was sheer relief from the thick humidity of the Florida air that engulfed the riders. They were riding north and her head was gently rested against his shoulder. He stroked her head as if she was a baby girl. His lips pressed gently against her head and closed his eyes. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Her hair a flowing river of champagne blonde curls that hung gently highlighting her features even as she slept. Her lips were thin and parted and her skin was of a pale complexion, so fair and beautiful making her seem so fragile that she was about to break.

He almost couldn’t believe that she had wanted him. But she had and he was scared to death.

He remembered that they had met in a Starbucks. She had been a cashier then making friendly conversation sharing her likes, pouring her soul to him even though they had just met. He flashed a smile at her as she expressed she was done and ready to go home. He had popped a question of did she really want to go home or was she just ready to get away and she had given a smile so big he had laughed. That was the beginning as he remembered it. It was as if it had been a fairy tale moment so beautiful and so surreal. So gentle but yet so harsh and eye opening. It had been amazing to him and he couldn’t believe that he hadn’t been turned down considering a past with women that he would like to forget.

She stirred slightly as the bus hit a bump. He looked around at the sleeping passengers. It was only recently she had agreed to come with him and live in his Florida home enjoying the spoils of being a business man’s woman. He respected her wish of no sex before their wedding painstakingly and wished it to be a solemn occasion with few people on the private beach behind his home. He didn’t want it to be huge like her idea with hundreds of their friends and family that would take months to plan. But it was all for her and he’d do anything for her. He touched her leg and she smiled slightly.


Hello beautiful. he said softly in her ear.

Hello to yourself beautiful.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7820