Drops of Jupiter by nicksgal
Summary: Five girls at Florida State University, five boys at Florida State University, a dream for stardom... Watch their story unfold!

Co Written with: Laryssa, Natalie, Amber, and Ann





A note from 2021: Hello! This is unlikely to ever be updated, but please feel free to read and enjoy what is there! It's not technically complete, but it's marked complete to let you know that's it.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Howie, Kevin
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Domestic Violence, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 13558 Read: 14404 Published: 06/07/06 Updated: 06/07/06

1. Chapter One by nicksgal

2. Chapter Two by nicksgal

3. Chapter Three by nicksgal

4. Chapter Four by nicksgal

5. Chapter Five by nicksgal

6. Chapter Six by nicksgal

7. Chapter Seven by nicksgal

8. Chapter Eight by nicksgal

9. Chapter Nine by nicksgal

10. Chapter Ten by nicksgal

11. Chapter Eleven by nicksgal

12. Chapter Twelve by nicksgal

13. Chapter Thirteen by nicksgal

14. Chapter Fourteen by nicksgal

15. Chapter Fifteen by nicksgal

16. Chapter Sixteen by nicksgal

Chapter One by nicksgal
It was the beginning of the school year; the 2nd time around they've all been at Florida State.

“Wahooo!” Some idiotic guys yelled the first time they entered their dorm as Kevin, Natalie, and Deanna passed by.

“What zoo animal do they think they are?” Deanna asked.

“Dunno,” mumbled Natalie, who was busy looking for her dorm room number.

“Hey! I did that when I first came here,” Kevin said defending himself.

“Oh yeah? Well that just proves one thing…” Deanna started.

“What?” both Natalie and Kevin asked.

“That the whole male race is retarded,” Deanna said as she sped up.

She didn’t want to start her year off dead, or worse, already have gotten a lecture from Kevin.

“Here's my room,” Deanna said, stopping in front of a door.

“Are we any closer to your room?” asked Kevin, who had been holding onto Natalie's bags the whole time they were talking, walking, standing, or doing whatever.

“Oh shoot! I'm sort of lost!” Natalie exclaimed.

“What's your room number?” Deanna asked.

“Oh here,” Natalie said, handing over the paper she had scribbled the number on.

“Down the hall to the left,” Deanna told Natalie.

“Thanks! I guess I'll see you in Economics, or maybe before that. C’ya,” Natalie replied.

“Bye,” Kevin said, as he passed by, following Natalie.

Deanna waved.

Deanna stepped into the room. Empty. Her roomy hadn’t arrived yet, so she got to pick out her side of the room without any bitch slapping, like last year. Deanna remembered her roomy last year… ugh! She always came late, invited friends over while Deanna tried to study. Deanna hoped and prayed her roomy wasn't as bad as last year. Deanna picked the left side, and started to unpack, before long she was done, and still no roomy. True, Deanna had come a little earlier than usual, but usually everyone did. Deanna assumed she arrived from another state or something like that.

~~~~


A knocking sound came from the door, Deanna assumed it was her new roomy.

Deanna answered, and the girl spoke.

“Aww, I hope I have the right dorm room. Is this 328?” the girl asked.

“Sure is. I'm Deanna, but you can call me D if you want,” Deanna told her.

“Hey, I'm Laryssa.” the girl said.

Deanna opened the door wider to let her in with her many suitcases.

Laryssa put down her suitcases by the empty bed, no bitching or anything.

Laryssa held out her hand, “Nice to meet you.”

Deanna shook it, “Nice to meet you too. Do you need help unpacking? Looks like you have all of you’re stuff here.”

“Truthfully, I do, and I'd love if you could help me, I thought I'd be here forever unpacking! Of course, only if you're done and all that,” Laryssa answered.

“Yeah. I got here a bit earlier than I usually do,” Deanna replied.

“Oh thanks, you're so nice,” Laryssa smiled as she picked up one suitcase and opened it up.

“Hey do you mind if I call you Lars?” Deanna asked.
Laryssa laughed, “Sure, don't mind at all.”

~~~~


Natalie ran and jumped on her bed as soon as Kevin opened the door for her.

“You just won’t ever grow up will you?” Kevin asked and sighed.

“I wasn’t planning on it,” Natalie confirmed.

“Didn’t think so, and its going to be even worse cause you have this room all to yourself,” Kevin stated, “Nobody to tell you NOT to eat your snot, no one to enforce that idea of WASHING your clothes…”

Natalie shook her head.

“Really too bad isn’t it? Well at least I have D,” Natalie offered.

Kevin snorted, obviously trying to keep in a laugh.

“What?" Natalie asked, "She’s mature.”

“Yeah,” Kevin answered, “for a two year old.”

“Oh go play around with your little band, what do you call them again? Backdoor Boys, Badbutt Boys?” Natalie said.

“BackSTREET Boys, and I WILL go see them,” Kevin said opening the door to go.

“By the way,” he said, closing the door, “Soon we’ll have girls from all over screaming our names.”

“You forgot to say that they’d be paid to lose their voices," added Natalie.

When Natalie finished un-packing she went down to see Deanna, hoping to catch her roomy as well.

~~~~


“Hello?” Laryssa opened the door, “are you D’s friend?”

“I hope so,” Natalie said, Laryssa smiled.

“I’m Laryssa, you can call me whatever suits you,” Laryssa said extending her hand.

“I’m Natalie. I don’t care what you call me either, as long as its not something too negative," Natalie said shaking Laryssa’s hand, “I think I’ll call you Larry.”

Laryssa laughed

“So… where's D? She usually sticks around her dorm.” Natalie asked.

“Oh, well she said she was going to see some guy…” Laryssa started.

“A guy? Did she mention a name?” Natalie interrupted.

“No, why?” Laryssa asked

“Well… I introduced her to one of Kev's friends,” Natalie slyly smiled.

“Oooooh I see,” laughed Laryssa.
Chapter Two by nicksgal
Elsewhere on campus...

“So, this place is nice, I guess...” Nick started.

“Yeah, it's my second year,” Deanna answered.

“Wow, that's a long time,” Nick replied.

“Not really,” Deanna disagreed.

“It's longer than I've been in collage,” Nick told her.

“That's cuz you're not in collage silly,” Deanna replied.

“Uh-uh, it's my first year here,” Nick disagreed.

“That's right cuz you're a new student,” Deanna told Nick.

“Yup,” Nick agreed.

“And that's why I like you,” Deanna told Nick.

Nick then leaned in to kiss Deanna, but the biggest horror in her whole life happened at that moment.

“What you doin' wit my girl!” she heard someone yell from across the court.

Oh no, this couldn't be happening. Josh just had to go and walk in at this immediate moment. It's not fair, it's not fair!

“Huh?” Nick asked as he pulled away.

“It's you,” Josh said as he glared at Nick.

“Yeah, it's me, and I'm better at basketball then you. So what's your point?” Nick asked.

“D, what's he doing wit you?” Josh asked.

Deanna sat there for a minute trying to figure out what to say. She had to lie, Josh would kill her if she told the truth, then she'd be dead and never see Nick, Natalie, Kev, or her new roomy Lars ever again.

“I, I was sitting here waiting for you and this guy comes up to me and starts hitting on me. I didn't do anything honest!” Deanna lied.

Nick's eyes got huge when she told this to Josh, Deanna knew he'd be mad at her.

“I didn't know she was your girl, sorry,” Nick told Josh.

“I'll let you off the hook, this time. Next time you might not be so lucky,” Josh spared Nick.

Nick seemed to look up to the Heavens, to say thank you.

“So D, you still comin' to my party tonight?” Josh asked.

“I'll consider it. But I might have plans,” Deanna answered.

“Alright, just come if you can,” Josh replied.

Josh then started walking towards the locker room. As soon as he left, Nick glared at Deanna.

“What?” Deanna asked.

“You didn't tell me that you were somebody's girl,” Nick said in an upset tone.

“I'm no one's girl,” Deanna answered.

“Really, he seems to think you are,” Nick argued.

“We used to date in High School. And then we both came here, so he decided to keep our romance going,” Deanna explained.

“What do you mean, he decided?” Nick asked.

“I don't wanna go out with him anymore. I just don't have the courage to tell him,” Deanna told Nick and started crying.

“Don't cry, what's wrong?” Nick asked.

As Deanna cried, her tears washed away some of her make-up. Through the remaining layer, which was the normal amount, you could see purple on her skin.

“D, honey, what’s that purple under your make-up?” Nick asked.

“I wore a lot of make-up so that no one would notice,” Deanna told Nick.

“But that doesn't tell me what it is,” Nick replied.

Deanna then wiped off the rest of the make-up around her eye.

“Is that a bruise?” Nick asked.

Deanna nodded her head and answered, “Josh is abusive.”

Nick got a look in his eye, which she read as he was going to do something.

“But that's why I can't tell him, he'll hit me, he'll, he'll, he'll...” Deanna stammered.

“D, don't worry about it, you won't have to tell him anything. I'll take care of it,” Nick told her.

“You will?” Deanna asked.

“Yes, I will,” Nick answered.

“See, this is why I like you,” Deanna told Nick.

“What do you mean?” Nick asked.

“I don't wanna be Josh's girl,” Deanna told Nick, "I wanna be your girl.”

Nick smiled and kissed her.

“See you later D,” Nick told her, “I've gotta get to the locker room so I can change for practice.”

“Ok,” Deanna replied.

“Are you gonna stay and watch?” Nick asked.

“No, I gotta get to drama,” Deanna explained, “I'll see you later though, ok?”

“Alright,” Nick agreed.

Deanna then rushed out of the gym before Josh came back in and saw that they were both still there.

~~~~


“Mmmmm… oh that's right! D has this drama class thing today… I think it's a try-out for some play,” Natalie said, as she remembered Deanna said something about it.

“Well… I'm glad I don't have any classes until Monday,” sighed Laryssa.

“I don't have any classes either. I think the only classes that are today are drama and gym,” Natalie replied.

“Oh, well for sure it'll make it easier on me so I have the weekend to find my way around,” Laryssa nervously laughed.

“I had some troubles already this year, finding my dorm. Luckily Kev was able to help me with my suitcases,” Natalie reassured Laryssa.

Deanna burst into the dorm.

“Hey!” Natalie exclaimed, she had been sitting on Deanna’s bed.

“Oh hi, Natty. You already met Lars?” Deanna asked.

“You mean Larry?” Natalie returned.

“Larry?” Deanna laughed, “Interesting.”

“Oh thanks,” Laryssa yelled from her bed.

“Listen, I gotta get to drama…” Deanna started.

“Hey, wait… is that a bruise?” asked Natalie, Deanna hadn't yet told anyone else about Josh's abusiveness.

“Yeah… I bumped into a wall a couple of nights ago. I didn't tell y'all cause… well it was pretty idiotic of me… I just covered it up with an extra coat of make-up…" Deanna lied.

Deanna wasn’t very good at lying. Usually, she'd look you straight in the eye while talking, but when she was lying her eyes would dart around the room, looking at other objects in the room. Natalie knew this, but decided to ask Deanna later on again.

“Well… I better cover this up again and run to my class,” Deanna said as she opened her drawer, took out her make-up bag, and sat on her bed. She applied the make-up and left the room.

“Bye,” Natalie and Laryssa both muttered.
Chapter Three by nicksgal
About two hours later Deanna was on her way back to her dorm when she met Natalie in the hallway.

“Shit,” Deanna muttered under her breath.

She started to walk away but Natalie followed her.

“D, stop walking away. Why are you avoiding me?” Natalie asked.

“Sorry, it's just... I know you wanna talk about the bruise,” Deanna explained.

“Well, yeah,” Natalie replied.

“I don't wanna talk about it,” Deanna told her.

“You didn't run into a wall and both you and I know that,” Natalie disagreed with her.

“I know,” Deanna said solemnly.

“We're best friends, you can tell me, it's ok,” Natalie told her.

“Josh...” Deanna started.

“Yes?” Natalie asked.

“Josh is...” Deanna continued.

“Yes?” Natalie asked again.

“Josh is abusive,” Deanna whispered.

“So Josh did that?” Natalie asked.

Deanna nodded.

“Hun, he is not the right boy for you,” Natalie told her.

“I know, I know,” Deanna told her.

“Then why don't you break up with him?” Natalie asked.

“Cuz he'll, he'll, he'll do this again,” Deanna answered and pointed to her eye.

“The only thing you can do is try,” Natalie told her.

“I can't,” Deanna disagreed.

Natalie sighed.

“You can't tell anyone this, you can't tell Lars or Kev or anyone, the only other person who knows is Nick...” Deanna told her.

At that point Laryssa had been walking out of their dorm and over-heard.

“Tell me what?” Laryssa asked.

Then after she asked that Deanna turned around to run and noticed that Kevin and Nick were standing behind her.

“Tell me what?” Kevin asked.

“I know what?” Nick asked.

“I, I, I...” Deanna stammered, then burst out crying.

"She, um, she needs to pee," Natalie dumbly covered up.

The guys and Laryssa looked a little puzzled watching Natalie hurry Deanna off into her room.

As soon as Natalie closed the door Deanna screamed.

"I can’t believe this is happening! I can’t do anything about it! Natty, I’m so scared I have nothing to do, I can’t help myself and I need to get away from Josh, but it’s so hard and I really like Nick, and I am so stressed, and school’s almost started and, and, and…" Deanna took a breath and started crying again.

Natalie held her friend close to her, "Woah, D we need to calm you down...oh," Natalie hit her head, "What a dumb ass I am, I totally forgot we are going out to a club tonight, you have to come."

Deanna was still crying and shaking her head no.

"Nick will be there...." Natalie started.

Deanna snapped her head upright, "I guess I could come..."

Natalie laughed, "Good, but before that you know what you need to do so you don’t absolutely freak out at the club?" Natalie asked Deanna.

"What?" Deanna returned.

"You definitely, definitely need to watch the greatest movie of all time..." Natalie answered.

Deanna giggled.

Laryssa walked in the room.

"This can’t be what I think it is..." she started.

"What?" Natalie asked innocently.

"Come join us, 'The Little Mermaid' is the best movie of all time!" Deanna said her mouth full of popcorn.
Chapter Four by nicksgal
Author's Notes:
*Now with author commentary. :lol:*
Laryssa laughed, "Hell yeah! I've never seen the second one though."

Deanna sniffled up her remaining tears and smiled at Laryssa's attempt to be funny.

"C'mon, what's wrong?" Laryssa asked.

"Well…" Deanna started.

So the guys basically had been standing out, they pushed Laryssa to go in and see what’s going on, but that mission failed because Laryssa was not coming back out.

"Another one of us has to go in," Nick told Kevin.

"They'll cuss the person out! Laryssa went coz she lives there," Kevin reasoned. (See from da beginning he was the smart one. lmao)

"Well…" said Nick.

"Well nothing, we gotta wait for them to come out," Kevin interrupted.

~~~~


"Guys ya know," Deanna told the other gurls, "Nick and Kev are being awfully loud cuz I can hear them!"

"Shhh," Laryssa yelled, "You don't want them to know what we're talking about!"

"Oh yeah," Natalie yelled, "They might tell the whole school about it!"

~~~~


Outside Nick and Kev were beginning to get suspicious...

"Tell the whole school what?" Nick asked.

"I dunno," Kevin answered, "I'm not in there."

"I think it's a secret code that means for us to come in," Nick thought.

"I doubt it," Kevin replied.

"Well, let's go in," Nick suggested.

"Let's not, that's why we shoved Laryssa in," Kevin disagreed.

"Well..." Nick started again.

"Well, what?" Kevin asked this time.

"I'm going in no matter what you say," Nick finished and sprung for the door.

~~~~


*Knock, knock*

"Who could that be?" Laryssa asked.

"I think it's Nick," Natalie answered.

"Why would it be Nick?" Laryssa asked.

"Cuz I know Kev," Natalie answered, "And he doesn't knock like that."

"Well, if it's Nick I'm getting the door," Deanna informed them while running to the door.

Deanna looked through the peephole and there was Nick standing outside the door, trying to see in.

"Guys, c'mere," Deanna whispered.

"What?" Laryssa asked.

"You can see up Nick's nose if you look through the peep-hole," Deanna whispered.

"Really?" Natalie asked.

"I wanna see!" Laryssa exclaimed.

The two of them ran over to the door.

"Oh my gosh, you can!" Natalie exclaimed.

Laryssa laughed.

"Guys, go back now, cuz I'm opening the door," Deanna told them

Laryssa and Natalie went back and sat in their spots. Deanna opened the door.

"Nick," Deanna greeted, "We were waiting for you to come in."

"Really?" Nick asked.

Deanna nodded her head.

"C'mon, we're watching the greatest movie of all time!" Deanna exclaimed.

"Which is?" Nick asked.

"Just c'mon!" Deanna exclaimed.

"Do you want Kev to come?" Nick asked.

Deanna nodded her head.

"Kev, c'mon," Nick called, "We're watching the greatest movie of all time."

Kevin walked to the door.

"What is the greatest movie of all time?" Nick asked.

"Oh, you're in for a surprise, a real big surprise," Kevin answered.

Natalie and Laryssa laughed.

"Oh, oh, shhh," Natalie told us, "It's starting."

"Wait, wait," Nick stopped us, "This is The Little Mermaid."

"Only the greatest movie ever invented!" Laryssa exclaimed.

Deanna nodded her head.

"You were right Kev, I was in for a big surprise," Nick told Kevin.

"Yeah, so was I the first time those two made me watch it," Kevin replied.

Natalie and Deanna smiled innocently.

"How many times have you seen this movie?" Laryssa asked Kevin.

"Every time something happens to those two, bad or good, we watch it," Kevin explained, "And a lot happens to them, so I've lost track of how many times I've seen it."

Natalie and Deanna giggled.

"I heard this is a great make-out movie," Nick informed us out of nowhere.

"Really?" Deanna asked.

"No, I just needed an excuse..." Nick started.

"Save it for Pearl Harbor," Laryssa interrupted.

"Josh Hartnet is soo hot," Natalie told us.

"Shhh..." Kevin told Natalie, "the movie's starting."

Everyone laughed.
Chapter Five by nicksgal
They were half way into the movie. Natalie, Kevin, and Laryssa were all sitting on separate chairs, Nick and Deanna were snuggling up on the couch. Nick started playing with Deanna’s hair. Natalie giggled a little too loudly at the sight of this, and Nick turned and semi-glared at her.

“Nat shut up,” Nick told Natalie.

"Ohhhh I HATE this part," Laryssa said.

Ursula was taking Ariel’s voice. *Bam* There was a loud knocking on the door.

A muffled voice came, "I know you’re in there D, open the hell up."

"Shit," Laryssa whispered, and Deanna teared, Nick held her tight.

Kevin slowly got up from his seat and Natalie had to admit in his black beater with his hair all ruffled he looked pretty damn tough. (And sexy for that matter)
He put his eye right up against the peephole and Josh got a shock from the piercing green crystal eyes that started right through his own.

Kevin opened the door, taking his time. He kind of leaned in the opening, "What can I do for you, sir?"

"You one of those Bagstreet Bums aren’t you," Josh spat.

"I would be a member of the Backstreet Boys, I don’t know why this makes a difference to you..." Kevin replied in his *oh so intellectual voice* Josh pushed him a little.

"Hey pretty boy, you can either move on your own, or I can make you move, take your pick," Josh threatened. Deanna sort of whimpered.

"What would you do if I moved?" Kevin asked sort of smirking.

"I would go in there and kick my girls sorry ass for being with that Blondie," Josh said starting to get a little more agitated

"Oh well, then I have no choice," Kevin stated plainly.

"You gonna move?" Josh asked.

"No, I’m gonna knock you out," Kevin punched Josh in the nose, and he fell to the floor.

"YEAH KEVIN!" Natalie yelled.

"Shit! Man, that hurts," Josh exclaimed, clinging onto his bleeding nose.

"That was the idea," Kevin stated.

"You! You," Josh said pointing at Nick.

"You, you what? Ass hole, you're bleeding on my carpet, get the hell out before I call the cops," Laryssa said, standing up to him.

Josh looked at her, he felt like saying 'who the hell are you?' but decided against it, Kevin would hit him again.

"Bitc-," he muttered as he left the dorm room, the last part of the word was cut off by Kevin slamming the door.

"Now, what the hell was that about?!" Kevin asked.

"It explains why we were watching The Little Mermaid," Nick said.

"Kevin, I don't think D's up to talking about this… yet to y'all," Natalie explained.

"I think y'all know, ‘cept me… Listen, D… I told you Josh was into some bad stuff, (I can't picture Kevin swearing… sorry *lol*) didn't you end your relationship?"

"Yeah... we were supposed to, but my dearest friend Joshua decided to keep it going and followed me here," Deanna answered.

"Omg… D, get a restraining order against him!" said Laryssa, "Don't take his bullshit."

"I… I... I don't want it to end that way, but I'm scared of him, either way…" she barley managed to say that, between tears.

"Aww, Deanna, babe," said Nick hugging her tighter, "I told you I would take care of him."

"Kevin's here to help too," Natalie added.

Deanna couldn’t help but smiling, "Thanks."

Kevin took Natalie’s hand, and started making very obvious head motions to Laryssa.

"We're gonna, um, wax my car," Kevin said.

Laryssa cringed, "But I don’t wanna."

Kevin glared at her.

"Yeah, um, you guys should meet us at that club tonight," Laryssa finished.

"You know where that place is right Nicky boy?" Kevin asked, Nick nodded, despite that fact that Kevin called him 'Nicky boy.'

"Yeah, we'll be there around, like 10:30 or so?" Nick asked.

"Alright then, see you," Natalie said, hurrying Kevin and Laryssa out of there.

As soon as the door shut Laryssa turned to Kevin, "Wait, we aren’t really waxing your car, are we?"

Kevin laughed, "Well if you want to, I won’t complain, but I think Nat and I both are going back to our rooms."

Laryssa sighed in relief.

"Yeah, Larry, you can come hang out in my room... seeing as I’m all by my self in there anyway," Natalie told Laryssa, they waved to Kevin and walked down the hall to Natalie’s dorm room.

"You know D, that if anyone ever hurts you, I’ll always be here to protect you in any way you need," Nick said still holding her tight, Deanna smiled big this time.

"I think I have been waitin' for you my whole life... I mean-" Deanna started.

Nick leaned over and kissed Deanna before she could finish.

~~~~


"Damn!" Natalie yelled.

"What?" asked Laryssa.

"I forgot The Little Mermaid," Natalie told her.

"You can get it LATER," Laryssa explained.

"Yeah, but I wanted to finish watching it," Natalie laughed.

"Just thank Kevin for NOT making us wax his car," Laryssa told her.

"No, no, no, no, that would have been F-U-N…" Natalie explained.

"How do you figure that?" Laryssa asked.

"You volunteer to wash his car first, and spray him with the hose," Natalie answered.

"I have a feeling you've waxed his car before," Laryssa replied.

"Oh, many, many times," Natalie said, as she turned on her CD/tape player, playing whatever was in there.

"Hey... this is good music, who are they?" Laryssa asked.

"That’s Kev and the boys singing. They gave me a copy of their demo tape," Natalie answered.

"Wow… they sound REALLY good for a boy band… err," Laryssa started.

"Vocal Harmony Group," they said together, and laughed.

"We've been lectured once too many," Natalie sighed.

"And um... judging by Kevin and Nick, they must not be thaaat bad looking," Laryssa said, and Natalie laughed

"Oh a week ago you would have though different," Natalie assured her.

"What do you mean?" Laryssa asked.

"Well... they kind of looked… well... let me just show you some pics of the boys before they decided to 'change their look,” Natalie pulled out the photobook.

"Wow, Kevin looked..." Laryssa started.

"Yeah I know," Natalie said turning the page, "This is Nick."

Laryssa giggled.

"Yeah Nick doesn’t exactly look grrrreat either," Natalie said smiling and turning the page, "This one is Brian, he’s sortta the lead singer."

"He’s cute," Laryssa commented.

"You should see him now!" Natalie replied, "This one is AJ, he’s so funny, I love this guy."

"He is HOT," Laryssa commented.

"Yeah I know… you should see the pics of these guys now!" Natalie told her.

"WELL LET ME!!!!" Laryssa almost yelled, and Natalie laughed.
Chapter Six by nicksgal
While Laryssa and Natalie were going through Natalie’s BSB memorabilia, Nick and Deanna were still in her and Laryssa's room.

"Nick, I have a question..." Deanna started.

"Yeah?" Nick asked, still playing with her hair.

She kinda giggled cuz it was very cute of him to do that.
Nick smiled.

"Ok, see," Deanna explained, "I was wondering exactly how you're going to take care of Josh."

"Well, there's two ways I can think of now," Nick answered, "Either way, he gets his ass kicked."

"So you're not going to tell me?" Deanna asked.

"Not a chance," Nick answered.

"That's not nice," Deanna disagreed.

"You wouldn't be up for it if I told you," Nick explained.

"Still," Deanna disagreed, "you're not being nice. Maybe I'll go out with your best friend, what's his name? Brett? Brad?"

"Brian," Nick corrected, "And I know you're just kidding."

"Who says?" Deanna asked.

"Me, you don't even know his name," Nick answered.

"Oh," Deanna replied.

Nick laughed.

Deanna sighed.

"So, is Brad going to be at the club tonight?" Deanna asked.

Nick laughed, "Brian, and I think so."

"Wait, what's his name?" Deanna asked.

"Brian," Nick answered.

"Tell me that when we get there, I don't wanna call him something weird to his face," Deanna told Nick.

"Just behind his back," Nick finished for her.

"No, I'm just... not thinking right today, it's Josh's fault," Deanna replied.

"You should know Bri, he's on the team too," Nick told me.

"The basketball team?" Deanna asked.

"Yup,” Nick answered, "Littrell."

"Oh, you could have said so," Deanna replied.

"You know him?" Nick asked.

"No," Deanna corrected, "I met him, once."

Nick laughed.

"So, how many of the Badbutt Boys are gonna be there tonight?" Deanna asked.

Nick laughed.

"What?" Deanna asked.

"It's BackSTREET Boys," Nick corrected, "You're as bad as Nat."

"Well, I guess we're both a little slow then," Deanna replied.

"You'll catch on soon, I promise," Nick told her.

"Ok, so how many of the BackSTREET Boys are gonna be at the club?" Deanna asked.

"Well, all five of us," Nick answered.

"So you, Kev, Brian, the guy with the tattoos, what's his name? DJ? BJ? KJ? Joey?" Deanna asked.

"Where'd you get Joey from?" Nick asked and laughed.

"Somewhere in the back of my head," Deanna answered.

"AJ, his name is AJ," Nick corrected.

"Right," Deanna agreed, "AJ, and that guy who likes purple, the girly one. What's his name? Bowie? Blake? Harry?"

"Howie, and he's not girly," Nick told her, "He just has a ponytail."

"Hmmm..." Deanna started.

"That's not nice," Nick told her.

"I guess he's ok..." Deanna replied.

Nick shook his head.

"Ok, let me try this again," Deanna suggested.

"Ok," Nick agreed.

"So all of you BackSTREET Boys are coming," Deanna started, "And the Backstreet Boys are you, Kev, BRIAN, AJ, and HOWIE, right?"

"Yup," Nick answered.

"See, I do learn fast," Deanna told Nick.

Nick laughed.
Chapter Seven by nicksgal
As the stormy night rained over Howie's and Ann perfect night at Howie's parents’ house. Ann placed her head on Howie's lap as they told each other stories about how they kept making fun of each other when they were seventh graders. Ann would never thought of even liking Howie, because he was her best guy friend--of course. How could anyone NOT be his friend, since he's so sweet.

Ann asked Howie as his eyes stare directly into hers, "Howie, how could I not have liked you?"

Howie carelessly shrugged, but then he tenderly put his hand on Ann's.

Ann grabbed his hand and said, "So.... how was your day, Sweet-D?"

Howie replied, "It's was okay... The boys and me are still trying to get a record deal, you know, our demo tape and everything?"

Ann sighed, "Yeah, yeah, I know, the Backstreet Boys thing right? The thing that keeps you away from me..." A tear came from her brown eyes and ran down her tan face.

"Annie! You know I love you, that's why I gave you the promise ring," Howie cried.

"It's useless... After you get the record, it means girls will be after you, you won't even be having time off with me as much! I know you love singing, so do I! You know that?!” Ann exclaimed, then added, “Howie, I know I'm being selfish..."

Howie interrupted, "Well... the rehearsal is in a half an hour. You can watch us... if you want..." Howie released Ann's hand and kissed her forehead.

"Howie! Wait!" Ann exclaimed, "When have I ever turned down watching you?" Ann grinned as Howie wiped her tears away.

"Have I said you're beautiful today?" Howie asked.

"Nah, but I already know it! It comes from the heart..." whispered Ann.

Ann wrapped her arms around Howie's as the romantic moment set in. Howie's lips touched Ann's as the door rang.

There stood Kevin at the door, "Hey Howie, I think Nick might not be able to make it to the rehearsal," Kevin laughed, but covered it up by coughing, "Ah hem, excuse me."

"Alllright then," Howie muttered, "we still having rehearsal then?"

"Well...” Kevin started.

There stood Howie releasing his arms away from Ann's body.

Kevin laughed, "Am I interrupting something? I knew I should have called first before I came."

"You don't have to leave... uh… we were doing nothing, really!" Ann lied.

Kevin replied, "You sure... cause it's just small business, you know?"

"So... what's been up?" Howie asked.

"We've been watching some movie... the usual," said Kevin.

~~~~


Deanna glanced at the clock, Nick's rehearsal with the guys was in a few minutes.

Kevin had booked it for them for the whole hour, every Saturday.

"You go on, with your Back... uh..." Deanna started.

"Stttreeeeetttt" Nick whispered.

"Backstreet," Deanna said quickly, "Boys and practice your dancing skills," she smiled.

"Alright, I've got permission," Nick laughed, kissed Deanna on the cheek, and got up, "You CAN come if you want… ya know."

"Oh I know, you've never stopped me from coming before. I'll meet up with you guys at the gym then, later... I just wanna take a shower and refresh," Deanna explained.
Nick nodded, and again smiled, "See you then."

~~~~


Kevin, Ann and Howie had long since arrived at the U, and were walking towards Nick's room to see if he was still coming with.

"Alright… I'm just going to run to see if Natalie and Laryssa want to watch, too…" said Kevin, as they came towards the hall that led to Natalie's room.

"Cool…" Ann and Howie said together.

Nick was walking down the hall and him, Ann, and Howie all bumped into each other.

"Hey, nice to see you again Ann," Nick said.

"Nice seeing you again, too," she smiled.

"So what were you doing that you almost didn't make it to practice with us?" Howie asked.

"Oh, D and I were spending some quality time together, ya know?" Nick answered.

"That's nice," Ann said.

"Where is she?" asked Howie.

"Oh, she's just taking a shower, she said she'd pop by later on," Nick explained.
Chapter Eight by nicksgal
Deanna's relaxing shower lasted for over 20 minutes. Hurrying up, changed into her t-shirt and blue faded jeans, she grabbed a snack, and hurried on over to the practice.

~~~~


Nick, Howie, Kevin, AJ, and Brian danced step by step over and over to the music. Deanna waved and smiled to Nick. Nick missed his dance step, because he was staring at Deanna.

"D!! You're here!" Nick ran over to her and hugged Deanna, kissing her on the cheek.

“Yup," Deanna replied, "What did you think, I wouldn't show up?"

Nick just shook his head.

Brian sighed.

"Hey Mr. Littrell you'd better be nice to me or I could... I could... I could..." Deanna stammered.

"You could what?" Brian asked.

"Aww… screw it, hi Brian!" Deanna exclaimed.

"Hey Deanna," Brian replied and gave her a hug.

Nick sighed with relief. Deanna assumed he was glad that she had not called Brian Brett or Brad.

Deanna then turned to Nick.

"So," she asked, "Where are Natty and Lars?"

"They went down to Safeway," Kevin explained, "they said they needed some cheese and crackers."

"Amen," Deanna agreed.

Nick sighed.

Brian laughed at Deanna's thoughts of easy cheese.

"How do you kill a blonde?" AJ asked while looking at Nick.

"That's not very nice," Nick commented.

"Ooh," Ann exclaimed, "I love jokes!"

"Stick a scratch & sniff sticker at the bottom of a pool?" Howie asked.

"Stick a mirror at the bottom of the pool?" Brian asked.

"Normally it would be one of those," AJ explained, "But today it's different."

"Stuff them with cheese?" Deanna asked.

Ann laughed at Deanna's stupidness.

"Cheese," Kevin asked, "Where'd you get an idea like that?"

"We were talking about cheese," Deanna explained.

"Well, she's right," AJ told them.

"Ooh, got ya there AJ!" Nick exclaimed.

"What?" AJ asked.

"I'm not blonde, I'm fair haired." Nick finished.
AJ looked at Nick oddly.

"Ooh, I schooled you," Nick told AJ.

"It's the same thing Nick!" Kevin noted.

"Oh," Nick said as his sprits fell, "It is?"

"I swear sometimes you are sooooo blonde," Howie told Nick.

"Guys!" Deanna exclaimed.

All the Backstreet Boys stopped talking and turned to her.

"Yeah?" Nick asked.

"So when exactly are we going to the club?" she asked.

"Oh that, oh we completely forgot!" Howie exclaimed.

"Oh, when are we going?" AJ asked.

"Relax guys," Kevin told them, "We're going in a half-an-hour."

AJ sighed.

At that moment Laryssa and Natalie walked in the dorm.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" AJ said.

"Uh… hi," Laryssa mumbled.

"Oh, you haven't met all of the StreetCar Boys crew yet, have you?" Natalie asked.

"BACKSTREET," all the guys said in unison.

"Whatever. This is AJ," Natalie pointed over to him, "This is Brian, and this is Howie… you know Kevin and Nick."

AJ, Howie, and Brian waved.

"Oh, I got a joke for you two. How do you kill a blonde?" AJ said.

"I refuse to answer that question," Laryssa laughed.
Natalie sat down the bag of cheese and crackers.

"Alright then, nevermind…" AJ said.

"Anyone want cheese and crackers?!" Natalie yelled.

"YEAH! CHEESE!" Brian exclaimed.

"Fine, Brian, here..." Natalie hands two pieces of crackers and a piece of cheese.

"Yes!" exclaimed Brian as he laughed.

Natalie asked everyone, they all refused, but Nick. Nick noisily stuffed it in.

"Very funny, kiddo..." AJ laughed at Nick.

Nick smiled and stared at Deanna for a moment. She smiled, reflecting the light of the sunbeam. For one moment Nick was lost in Deanna's world. Nick came over to Deanna and grabbed her hand and thought everything is going to be okay in their Backstreet Boy's world.

AJ looked at Nick wondering if he lost it, "I thought you were going to say, 'I'm a teenager, I'm not a kid!"

"Naw... it doesn't bother me, what matters to me is you guys!" replied Nick.

Brian chuckled, "Really..."

Brian thought to himself that he's glad to have friends like them, even if they fight, it's worth it. Cause it's part of what brings out the love. A teardrop fell from his blue eyes, a puddle of mystery.

"Guys," Kevin said trying to get everyone else's attention, "Guys."

"Huh?" Natalie asked.

"Wait, Nat, let me ask the guys this," Kevin told her.

Natalie sighed. Lately Kevin was being a little too into this whole Backstreet thing and it bugged her.

"Guys!" Kevin exclaimed.

AJ, Nick, Howie, and Brian stopped what they were doing and turned to face Kevin.

"Yeah?" AJ asked.

"We've got ten more minutes to practice," Kevin told them.

"And your point is?" Howie asked.

"Do you guys just wanna forget those ten minutes and go to the club or do you wanna keep practicing?" Kevin asked.

The other boys looked at each other.

"What the point," Brian asked, "Let's go!"

"Can we change?" Laryssa asked.

"Why?" Kevin returned.

"Cuz all us girl are dressed in college clothes and we're going out now and, well, I look like crap," Laryssa explained.

"Oh," All the boys said pretending like they understood, even though they didn't really.

"Alright, well see you girls back here in... 5 minutes?" AJ asked.

"Better make it 10," Natalie disagreed.

After she said that Natalie, Laryssa, and Ann all walked out of the dorm. Deanna hadn’t been paying attention so she didn't know they left. Nick then came over to her.

"D?" Nick asked.

"Huh?" Deanna returned.

"Seems your friend have left you, do you need an escort to your room to change?" Nick asked.

Deanna smiled and replied, "Thank you, I would love to have an escort to my room.”

Nick and Deanna then walked out of the room leaving Brian, Howie, AJ, and Kevin by themselves.

"Has anybody noticed anything odd about Nick lately?" Kevin asked.
Chapter Nine by nicksgal
~At the club~

"So D are we gonna dance?" Nick asked.

"Yeah let's go," Deanna said.

"Well I'm gonna dance does someone wanna come with me?" Brian asked.

"Well I'm gonna dance too, Howie are you coming?" Ann asked.

"Yeah of course I'm coming," Howie said while going to the dance floor.

"I'm gonna dance too," "Yeah me too," "Wait for me," they all said.

An hour later they were so tired of dancing they decided to take a break.

"Man if you guys are tired after only an hour how are ya gonna dance in a concert? A concert is an hour and a half," Deanna asked laughing.

"The fans will give as the power to dance," Kevin said.

The girls laughed.

"Yeah right," they all said.

"What? You know that's true!" Howie said.

"Yeah ok," Laryssa said.

"Switch subject!" Brian yelled

"Ok you’re right Brian... so who was that girl you danced with?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah man who was she?" AJ asked

"Oh man what did I do," Brian said covering his face, "Well, her name is Jasmine but its nothing I just danced with her, its nothing she didn’t seem that interesting."

"Oh well she was hot," AJ said.

"Yeah... Nevermind," Brian said, "AJ who were you dancing with?"

"Oh she's so sexy isn’t she?" AJ said smiling.

"Yeah, what's her name?" Brian asked.

"Nicole," AJ answered while grinning.

"Do you like her?" Natalie asked.

Laryssa shifted uncomfortably in her seat, Deanna noticed, and changed the subject before AJ got the chance to answer.

"Wanna dance Nicky?" she asked.

"Yeah Hun," He got up and put his hand out, and walked Deanna out to the dance floor. (Awww)

Kevin stood up just like Nick did, and asked Natalie to dance.

Sitting lonely, Laryssa, empty in heart and in mind, realized that she loved AJ... She loved everything about him... His smile, his wildness, something made her feel in her heart that she wanted AJ. Hoping that he would asked her to dance.

"I hate that Nicole girl," Laryssa mumbled.

Laryssa didn't even know Nicole, but when she saw the way that AJ looked at Nicole, she despised her, though, she wanted to be Nicole, because of that special way that AJ looked at Nicole...

“I wished he look at me that way,” Laryssa thought to herself.

Natalie giggled when Kevin started twirling her around and around-- he always made her laugh, or smile, he was always there for her, even when she didn’t have a dance partner. What a wonderful friend he was. This was the familiar part where Natalie starts fighting with herself:

He’s been your friend forever you don’t wanna ruin that...

He’s also been kind sweet and sexy forever, and I need a guy like that...

I know you have your eyes set on someone else for the time being anyway…

No you don’t-- I mean no I don’t...

Look its pretty damn obvious AJ caught your eye, but Kev’s a better man.

Damn you!

Just in case anyone else noticed what half of her brain did she looked up at Kevin, "Hun, I have to go make Larry feel better."

"Why?" Kevin asked a little upset.

"Look," Natalie pointed, "she needs a man, or a boy in this case, I have to get AJ to dance with her."

Natalie kissed him on the cheek and thanked him for understanding.

Natalie tapped AJ on the shoulder, but then couldn’t get the words out because she was laughing to hard, wheezing really, at Nicks dancing ability, (he wasn’t an expert off stage) but this got AJ’s attention anyway.

"What?" he asked smirking.

Natalie caught her breath quickly after a glare from Deanna, "Go ask Larry to dance."

"Which one is that?" AJ asked.

"Don’t play dumb with me Mr. Sexy, I know you were eyeing her... just GO!" Natalie said pushing him along and apologizing to 'Natasha--Noori-- oh right Nicole'

AJ got pushed down on the chair by Natalie and quickly smiled to Laryssa so that she wouldn’t notice that.

"Hey I notice you are sitting here by yourself and I was wondering if you wanna dance with me?" AJ said nicely.

Laryssa looked at Natalie in a What-The-Hell-Is-Going-On look. Natalie just shrugged her shoulders.

Then she looked back at AJ, "Yeah sure why not?"

"Good," AJ said back.

The music was hella banging, as AJ lead Laryssa to the dance floor.

Laryssa didn't wait and got right down to dancin' her heart out.

"HEY!" AJ yelled to be heard, "You don't dance too bad…"

"I used to go to the American Dance Company… until I got a knee injury…" she yelled back into his ear.

As the crowding place gathered up, the DJ said, "Couples only.” Half of the crowd moved back to their seats. Howie glanced at Ann, leading one hand out to her, she grabbed it, and slowly they danced to their favorite song, "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston (I hope that came out at the time).... Laryssa knew that Natalie had to do something with AJ asking her... Cuz usually, he thought of her like a sister.

Standing up tall, AJ hung over Laryssa, asking her to dance with him, she shook her head, he asked why, but no reply came out. AJ's hand grabbed her shoulder, and peered his dark eyes into hers. Laryssa couldn't resist but staring into that sweet, wild, guy's eye. Luring her into a trap of love. Laryssa’s mouth opened, but no words spoke. AJ grabbed her face toward his, and burned a kiss.

Natalie fell out of her chair when she saw this…

"Oh my god, Nat, are you OKAY?" Nick said leaning over her.

"Yeah, yeah fine-- AJ JUST KISSED LARRY!" Natalie exclaimed.

"He always looked sort of gay..." Nick said picking
Natalie up shaking his head.

Natalie laughed, "No you moron-- Laryssa!"

"Oh Laryssa… that’s okay then..." Nick replied.

Natalie waited a moment for it to settle in.

"HE KISSED LARRYSSA?" Nick almost screamed.

Natalie giggled.

"Yeah you dumb ass, only took you… what? An hour to get?" Natalie teased him.

"Hey, don’t be messing with Nicky!" Deanna came to his defense, although she herself was smirking.

Laryssa warmed up after the 10-min kiss ended.

AJ said, "You're so beautiful, your eyes, your hair, it makes me go crazy...I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry," Laryssa grinned.

She noticed something in Natalie's eye that said, 'OMG! They kissed!' Laryssa grabbed his arm and hooked it onto hers, leaning her head on AJ.

"I really like you AJ, I always have... do you want to come over to my house for dinner tomorrow?"

AJ’s lips touched hers again, "Sure, how can I resist?" He winked at her, and mouthed, "I'll call you!"

Laryssa thought, "This is the most perfect night, nothing bad can happen...right?"

The song was over, the 3 minutes went by so quickly... it seemed to Ann and Howie that it just started, they shrugged and continued to slow dance while all the singles crowded back onto the dance floor to dance.

As the night fastly passed by, the wind got colder, and in the club, got warmer. Kevin's eye wandered, finding Natalie in his sight.

“How come she looks so irresistible to me? NO! She's just my friend...am I right? Of course I am...she's been my friend, forever, I cannot let anything happen so it'll ruin it..." Kevin thought.

Staring with his green eyes, hoping that Natalie would feel the same way.

"NO! She's JUST my friend!" Kevin thought again.

Nervously, Kevin walked over to Natalie, and began to talk to her... about his true feelings about her.

She nodded.

He thought, "She doesn't feel the same way, I just know it!"

Trying to hold his head high, and acting strong, he was crying inside...

Natalie thought to herself, "If he loved me... how come he's acting like he doesn't care if I dated someone or care for someone else!"

Even though he was hiding it inside, Kevin couldn't anymore…

He hugged her, and told her, "I don't want you to love anyone else... I want you... for me... I want to be the one that you call when something happens!"

Natalie was in shocked, and she was definitely surprised at his choice of words.

She hugged him back and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "I love you, too!" Natalie smiled.

10 minutes after Laryssa thought that she was back on the dance floor dancing her heart out with AJ after a few minutes of fun dancing Laryssa all-of-a-sudden fell and hurt her leg really bad.

"Are you ok?" AJ asked her.

"Yes I am,” she said while AJ tried to pull her up "Ouch wait, wait that hurt like hell."

AJ put her back down on the floor, "Oh sorry, is that ok now?"

"Yeah it is now but I can’t get up," Laryssa told him.

"You can’t stay like this forever, you gotta get up now otherwise someone will run you over. They can’t see you down here while they're dancing," AJ explained.

"I know but what am I gonna do?" Laryssa asked.
Chapter Ten by nicksgal
"As y'all know it's karoke tonight!" The DJ roared.

"It is?" all the guys asked in sync.

The DJ laughed because he had heard them, since the music was stopped, "Yes it is guys!" he roared again.

"Why do DJ's always talk like that?" Deanna asked Nick.

"Because DJ's are annoying," Nick blankly answered, he was paying full attention to what the DJ had to say.

"Any volunteers to sing our first song? It's an oldie, but a goodie! Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough by Michael and the Jackson 5."

Kevin spoke up to the other guys, "I think we should go up there... I mean... somebody might sign us... They're always looking for new talent."

"And besides," Howie said, "we all love that song."

"You might love that song, Mr. Michael Jackson's Glove's so cool," Natalie laughed.

The girls roared with laughter, Kevin, Nick, AJ, and Brian tried hard NOT to laugh.

"Who told you I had one?" Howie asked.

Natalie pointed to Kevin.

"ANYBODY!" the DJ roared... sure people had volunteered but it seemed the DJ wanted the guys to sing.

"US!" Nick yelled, "Me, him, him, him, and him."

"Alright boys... get up here..." The DJ roared.

Ann winked at Howie, "I know he'll sing as sweet like he always does..."

Howie, Kevin, Brian, AJ, and Nick sang to Don’t Stop 'Till You Get Enough by Michael and the Jackson 5.
As the flow of the crowd gathered, clapping their hands to the beat. It was amazing, the lights gathered onto their faces.

Ann thought, "They might get a record, even if he's away from me, I know I still got a piece of his heart!" She smiled at the thought, then she looked at her middle finger, the ring fit perfect, maybe they were meant to be.

As Deanna sang along to the song, she pretended to be a part of the crowd, instead of one of the boys’ girlfriends. Clapping her hands to the beat, the night seemed long, everlasting.

"AJ! I LOVE YOU!" Laryssa screamed over their singing.

Everyone looked at her as if she was crazy, though AJ just grinned, because he couldn't laugh while he was singing.

Natalie, like Deanna, stood still, singing along to the song. They're all best friends, one night could last forever. But the night almost ended. The moon began to sink into the clouds.

Realizing the night would be gone, Deanna hoped that the love of her and Nick’s would never fade, even though she's still young... A tear dropped into her happiness.

After the Boys finished singing their song the DJ applauded, and so did everyone else in the crowd. Deanna found her way over to Natalie because she had an idea, but the other two girls had to be in on it as well. Nick was walking over to Deanna just as she was leaving, so Nick thought she was ditching him. He followed her over to Natalie.

"Natty," Deanna said as she entered the vicinity of the table.

"Hey, what's up?" Natalie asked.

Deanna remembered that she had let a few tears slide when the Boys sang their song, she wiped them and started to talk, but she was then interrupted by Laryssa.

"That was a good 'I'm not with the Boys' impression you two gave," Laryssa said and laughed.

"Yeah, it was too funny," Ann agreed.

"Anyway, guys listen, I have the best idea," Deanna told them.

"Here we go, it's gonna be a very bad idea," Natalie said with a laugh.

"C'mon not all my ideas are horrible or anything," Deanna replied.

Natalie looked at her funny.

Deanna laughed and agreed, "Ok, so I've had some pretty bad ones, but anyway, this one's great!"

"Ok, what is it?" Natalie asked.

"Ok, I was thinking that we should go up there and sing that Train song, umm... Drops Of Jupiter," Deanna told them.

"Wow, way cool!" Laryssa exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I was thinking that we change the words a tad," Deanna explained.

"Like what?" Ann asked.

"You'll see, just follow my lead," Deanna answered.

The other three girls nodded.

"So are you guys up for it?" Deanna asked.

"Yeah, sounds like fun," Natalie agreed.

"Ok, you guys go talk to the DJ, I'm gonna go find Nick," Deanna told them.

Laryssa smiled, she was always going off to find Nick.

Deanna then started walking past some of the other tables to Nick when from behind her she heard someone call her name.

"Deanna?" the person asked.

Deanna then turned around and there was Nick right in front of her. She stepped back into the table and caught her breath.

"You ok?" Nick asked.

"You scared me... I'm alright though," Deanna said, smiling at her clumsiness.

"You're acting a bit like Lar," he laughed, but his face grew serious.

The DJ had put on the music again while he waiting for the next group to get ready to sing, Laryssa and Natalie were talking to him about their idea to sing the Train song.

"I love you Deanna..." Nick told her.

Their faces became closer and closer...

Deanna said nothing just kept on moving in closer.

"Deanna," Nick repeated, "Deanna."

And then the word turned into a kiss, a passionate one at that.

It was the kind of kiss Deanna would soon dream about every night for the rest of her life.

"Whoa... look at D and Nicky Boy,” said Natalie.

"Wow... isn't D the lucky one?" Laryssa asked.

"I don't know... I think we both are lucky too," Natalie smiled.

Nick and Deanna kissed for about a minute then the DJ's voice came roaring over the speaker system.

"We're playing one more song, then a group of girls are singing karoke to a song by Train," the DJ's voice boomed.

Deanna realized that she was one of those girls and drew back from Nick.

"Something wrong?" Nick asked.

"No, nothing's wrong..." Deanna started.

"Ok then," Nick replied.

Nick went to kiss Deanna again, but Deanna stepped back so she could finish telling him that she had to go with the other girls to sing the song. Nick opened his eyes and saw that Deanna was a couple inches away from him.

"D what's..." Nick started.

But as Nick was speaking a figure dressed in black arose from the darkness and pushed Nick, causing Nick to push Deanna. Deanna fell to the ground and Nick caught his balance so that he didn't fall on her.

"Is there a problem?" Nick asked.

A familiar voice answered, "I thought I told you to stay away from my girl."
Chapter Eleven by nicksgal
Nick sort of ignored him and helped Deanna up.

"Would the kind lady called ‘D’ please come up to sing with the other lovely ladies up here?" the DJ asked.

"She'll be there in a minute!" Josh roared over the music.

"ALLLRIGHT THEN!" The DJ roared, he started another song to give Josh and Deanna and Nick time to talk, he didn't want to get in the middle of something.

"I think it may have been the other way around," Nick said, standing up and staring down Josh.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Josh asked rudely, staring right back.

"I thought I told YOU to stay away from my girl."

After every word Nick gave Josh a little push. By this time some drunk guys had figured out what was going on--

"FIIIIIIIIGHT, FIIIIIIIIIGHT!" they yelled, from across the room, where Kevin had been staring at Natalie, he heard this.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath, knowing what was happening.

The other girls were watching the whole thing from across the room.

"Oh no, this can’t be good,” Laryssa said.

"What are we gonna do?" Ann asked.

"I don’t know but I think Kevin is going to do something," Natalie said, "Let’s go over there."

Kevin was walking fast toward Nick, Josh, and Deanna.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked staring at Josh.

"What is it to you?" Josh stared back.

"Kev I can handle it," Nick said with an angry look.

"I know, but I’m not here for you, I’m here for D," Kevin said back.

"D you're coming with me," Josh said and pulled her with her arm.

"No way in hell!" Nick said back and punched Josh in the face.

"Alright Nick!" Ann screamed, "I always know you had it in you."

Josh was bleeding from his nose, "What the hell did you do to me?"

"You got what you deserve," Nick said, "And if you ever come near her again you’re never gonna be able to use your head again!"

"Not that you're using it now," Laryssa said.

The girls laughed but the guys were still serious.

"Good one Larry," Natalie remarked.

Josh took a hint and left, everyone hoped he wouldn't come back... for a LONG time. Nick helped Deanna to the bar to get her some ice for a bump on her head.

"Gosh, can't he take a hint, and leave for good?" AJ asked the crowd.

"Girls?" The DJ asked, "are you still up to sing?"

All of the girls looked at Deanna, "We don't have to tonight... there's always another night,” Natalie said.
Ann and Laryssa nodded.

"No, no, it's okay guys... Yeah!" she yelled to the DJ.

"Alright guys! Please welcome Deanna, Ann, Natalie, and Laryssa! Singing tonight for us... Drops of Jupiter!"

*The crowd applauded while the girls walked their way to the stage*

*meanwhile at the boys’ table*

"Nick, do you think D is gonna be able to do this?" Brian asked.

"I don’t know I hope so... but she's a strong girl so I think she would," Nick said, and hoped in his mind that she was ok.

*the music started and the girls started to sing*

"Now that he's back...” the girls started to sing.

"Wow they sing really, really good," Howie remarked.

“Yeah, maybe they should be a singing group too and be our opening act," Brian said sarcastically.

"Yeah, after we get a gig..." AJ replied.

"Now that he’s holdin' my hand right here, no need to worry, nothing to fear,” Deanna started, looking at Nick.

"Hey, heeeey," the girls backed up.

"He is my sunshine, no time for rain, he’s my whole life, takes away all my pain hey, hey, hey," Ann continued.

"Didn’t know he felt the way I wanted him too, didn’t know I could fall in love so soon hey, hey,” Natalie added winking at Kevin.

"I tell you, he has to be the one, he fills my whole life with joy, he’s so much fun, I’m not even exaggeratin’ I tell you, I fell for a shining star, one who doesn’t leave me with scars, he’s the one I've been waiting for…" all the girls sung.

Howie brought a bouquet for Ann.

Nick thought, "He's making me look bad! All I was gonna give D is a hug and a kiss!"

Howie went over to Ann, and said, "You sound as beautiful as you look..."

Simple as Ann looked, she was in a red shirt, and a black skirt, her hair looked great lying on her shoulders.

Ann hugged Howie, grabbing the bouquet, red, yellow, and pink.

Nick poked Ann's shoulder.

Nick whispered, "Can I have one of the flowers to give to D?"

Ann smiled, "Sure."

She gave the pink one to Nick.

As Nick hurriedly walked over to Deanna, he gave the pink flower to her, kissed her cheek, and gave her a hug.

"What's this all for?" Deanna asked.

"For being my girl," Nick answered.

"I like that sound, “My girl...." Deanna smiled.

AJ grabbed Laryssa and kissed her romantically, and Laryssa smiled.

Natalie feeling alone decided that the boys shouldn't have all the fun, and hugged onto Kevin.

Listening to the beat of the sound, Howie and Ann sang in the harmony. Everybody roared...The night quickly ended. As everyone left the club.
Chapter Twelve by nicksgal
*Natalie’s point of view*

When Natalie embraced Kevin, an odd look came upon his face, but he looked down at her.

‘Man…’ Natalie thought, ‘Kevin’s so damn tall!’

“Hi, nice to see you again,” he joked with Natalie.

‘Wow… his eyes are so sexy…’ she thought as she looked into his eyes.

“Glad you’re glad to see me,” Natalie replied.

Kevin put on yet another silly grin and said simply, “I’m glad you’re glad that I’m glad.”

Natalie looked up… oh God! She was still hugging him! Everyone now had their eyes on them…

‘…I think I should STOP hugging him,’ she told herself.

Natalie casually let go of him and stepped back a little, and smiled at everyone.

“What’s next on the agenda?” she asked.

All of them looked at Kevin and her oddly, but said nothing.

Laryssa broke the silence, “I think we should go get some ice cream.”

Saved by ice cream… whew!

Natalie still had this feeling Laryssa was going to ask her about it later on.

“Ice cream sounds GOOOOD to me,” Deanna chirped happily, totally unaware of the looks Laryssa was giving Natalie.

“If she likes it,” Nick put his arm around Deanna.

“I LOVE IT!”

And with that they were off…

“OH MY GOD!” AJ said awful loudly.

“Whaaat?” Brian asked annoyed.

“Double chocolate fudge cake with Oreo and chocolate chips!” AJ exclaimed.

“Dear God no…” Kevin mumbled.

“AJ remember, no chocolate after eleven,” Howie commented.

“Oh sorry mommy, did I HURT YOUR FEEEELINGS?” AJ put his face right up next to Howie’s.

“No, but with the amount of energy you’ll have there’s no doubt you’ll need a straight jacket…” Howie laughed.

“He must be REAALLYY caffinated,” Kevin whispered, as AJ paid for everyone’s ice cream.

‘Shit, I can’t keep avoiding her…’ Natalie thought as Laryssa gave her yet another stare.

“Nat come over to my car, we can eat there,” Kevin suggested.

He looked so sexy, it was hard to resist but Natalie replied, “Just one sec Kev, I think I’m gonna talk to Larry for a minute over here.”

“Ok then, I’ll be here,” Kevin half smiled.

Natalie sighed wistfully, and then turned to face Laryssa questioning.

“So?”

“SO what?” Natalie asked.

“Don’t play dumb with me Nat, what’s up with you and Kevin?”

“Well…”

“Me and Kev?”

“Yeah, you and Kev. Do you have a thing for him?”

“A thing?” Natalie laughed, as she tried to pretend nothing was going on, but Laryssa knew better.

“Please Nat, tell me,”

“Well, he’s, cute,”

“C’MON!”

“YEAH I LIKE HIM! Happy?”

“Very!” Laryssa hugged her, “Awww, you two will make such a great couple!”

“Yeah…”

‘Now comes the hardest part, telling him how you feel,” she added to herself, she sighed heavily.

~~~~


*Deanna's point of view*

Upon leaving the ice cream parlor, Deanna and Nick were walking to Nick's car. Nick turned around and smiled at Deanna, she smiled back. When Nick started walking again Deanna stopped and got sidetracked for a minute. She waved to Natalie and Laryssa as they left with AJ and Kev. She also waved to Brian as he went to his car. She then realized that Nick was way ahead of her and ran to catch up with him. Deanna jumped on Nick and kissed his cheek. Nick caught Deanna before she fell.

"I love you D," Nick told her.

Deanna couldn't help but smile.

At that point Nick and Deanna had reached Nick's car. Nick got in on the driver's side and Deanna got in on the passenger's.

"Thanks so much for what you did tonight," Deanna thanked.

"It was no problem, really," Nick told her, "The guy pisses me off, the way he treats you pisses me off."

"Well, thank you," Deanna replied.

The two sat quiet for a minute, neither knowing what to say.

"You know," Nick started, "technically you're still his girlfriend."

Deanna nodded her head.

"D?" Nick asked.

"Yes?" Deanna questioned.

"Do you love me?" Nick asked.

Deanna sat for a minute just looking into Nick's deep blue eyes.

"Do you?" Nick asked again.

Deanna sat still, again looking into Nick's eyes.

"D, your answer could mean life or death to you," Nick told her, "You understand that, don't you?"

Deanna then opened her door and got out of the car.

"What are you doing?" Nick asked.

Deanna then opened the rear passenger door. She got back in the car, closed the door, and sat behind Nick.
She leaned her head on his shoulder, and to the pair the world seemed to be spinning round. Except in Nick's car, that was the one place time was standing still.

Nick smiled as Deanna kissed his cheek again.

"You know," Deanna started, "There's always room for one more."

She smiled and looked at Nick with a gleam in her eyes.

Nick grinned back and opened his door.

He threw his jacket off so that it landed in the driver's seat.

Nick then opened the rear driver's side door and got in the back next to Deanna. The rear driver's side door then slammed shut as Nick closed it.

~~~~


*Ann's point of view*

Ann breathlessly said, "This was the best night, ever."

Howie smiled, and kissed Ann's lips so tenderly, "You're so beautiful."

Ann looked at the sky as standing by Howie on the top of the hill, next to their car, looking at the sunrise.

“God's Beautiful Painting...” she mumbled.

The smile lit her face, the glow of her tan skin reflected from the sun, and her brown hair carelessly blew in the wind. Howie put his arms around her, as the night turned into day.

~~~~


*Laryssa’s point of view*

Leaving the ice cream parlor, AJ and Laryssa were passionately kissing, and AJ said, "How could I miss the most beautiful and sweet girl?"

"I don't know, but, what I do know, is you got talent, with the BackDoor Boys..."

AJ corrected, "BackSTREET Boys..."

"Same difference!" Laryssa laughed.

As AJ drove Laryssa home, they stood at her front door for a half an hour, talking...*Long, huh?*

She finally said, "Bye..." For the last time....
Chapter Thirteen by nicksgal
The next day they all woke up later than ever, Deanna woke Laryssa cuz she didn’t want to be up alone.

"Hey, I wanna sleep," Laryssa whined.

"So what? I’m bored. I don’t care! Wake up!" Deanna yelled.

"Oh man..." Laryssa groaned.

"Here, I made you coffee," Deanna told her.

"Oh thanx. So what are we doing today?" Laryssa asked.

"I don’t know... what do you wanna do? Meet AJ?" Deanna asked.

"AJ? Ok I guess..." Laryssa grinned.

"Don’t play it like that I know you want to! I saw you two last night," Deanna told Laryssa.

"Ok so I’m dying too see him again... so do you wanna plan something with him and the guys?" Laryssa asked.

"Sure why not? Let’s go over there and see what's up," Deanna suggested.

"K, let me just get up and get dressed," Laryssa told her.

"K," Deanna replied.

~An hour later~

*knock, knock*

Natalie opened the door, "Hey guys wassup?"

"Nothing much just came to see if you wanna do something today with us and the guys," Laryssa said.

"Sure there's nothing else to do anyway,” she said back.

"Ok, let’s go tell the rest of them," Deanna said.

*knock, knock*

Nick opened the door, "Hey guys! Hey D!"

He gave her a kiss.

"Hey listen, are you guys doing anything today?" Natalie asked.

"No," Nick answered

"Ok so do you wanna do something with us?" Deanna asked.

"How can I resist?" He smiled, "So I’m gonna call the rest of the guys."

"Ok, and let us know," Deanna said.

~10 mins later~

"Ok they're all coming and Howie's calling Ann," Nick informed.

"Ok cool, so what do you wanna do?" Deanna asked.

"Hey I heard that they are opening a Lonapark today near by do you wanna go there?" Nick asked

"Yes! Finally something to do that is fun!" Laryssa screamed.

*knock, knock*

Deanna opened the door, "Hey that was quick! Come on in," she said to all of them.

"Hey Nat," Kevin smiled and gave her a kiss.

"Hey handsome," she kissed him back.

"Lar! I’ve missed ya!" AJ yelled at her.

"AJ I’ve missed you too," she laughed at him.

"What are you laughing about? You don’t want me to miss you?" he said sadly.

"No, no, no, sorry babe didn’t mean that," Laryssa replied.

"All right," AJ confirmed, "Just wondering."

"So, everybody has their stuff for the Water Park, right?" Nick asked.

"What!" AJ exclaimed.

"Water park?" Brian asked.

Deanna laughed.

"Oh, I knew there was something I forgot to say," Nick realized

Deanna, Laryssa, and Natalie laughed even harder.

"Don't do that," Nick told them, "it makes me feel even stupider."

"It's ok Nick, we'll go back and get our stuff on the way there," Kevin explained.

"If it makes you feel better," Deanna commented, "I still love you."

"Thanks," Nick replied.

"No, really," Deanna disagreed.

"I'd expect as much from my best girl," Nick told her.

Deanna giggled girlishly as Nick went to kiss her.

"All right, well, does anybody have their stuff?" Howie asked.

"I do!" Nick exclaimed.

"Mine’s next door," Deanna commented.

"Mine too," Laryssa agreed.

"And mines down the hall!" Natalie exclaimed.

"We’d better get going now, so you girls get your stuff and then we'll leave," Kevin explained.

"Ok," Natalie and Laryssa exclaimed and left the room.

"Nick, I think I need an escort," Deanna told him.

"Ok, D's dorm room is this way," Nick replied.

Deanna laughed as they left the room.

After the girls got their stuff the crew left for the Water Park.
Chapter Fourteen by nicksgal
"WOO! Water parks are, I swear... the most fun places in the entire world," Laryssa yelled as they entered the park, "not that I've seen the WHOLE world... but from my understanding..." she added.

Deanna laughed, "Yeah... they're pretty rockin!"

They all stopped at the billboard of events.

"Hey... there's a contest tonight." Kevin noted.

"A contest? What kind? Wet t-shirt?" AJ joked.

"No... Talent contest... there's a cash reward if you win..." Kevin answered.

"Gosh," Deanna thought, “these guys are gonna do ANYTHING to get noticed.”

"Cash? I can use some of that," Nick joked.

"And..." Kevin continued, "a contract to perform here for a month... or more depending on crowd response..."

"Kev, you guys can't do that..." Natalie sighed, "it's not like it's summer... school just started."

"Yeah but if we win we won’t need school," Nick said.

"C'mon... won’t need school? You still need your education when you are famous," Deanna told him

"Yeah, but we still have to try... you know we'll cross that bridge when we'll get to it," he continued.

"Ok... whatever," Deanna replied.

~There was a pause~

"You know what?" Kevin broke it.

"What?" Laryssa asked.

"You girls should enter the contest too,” he said.

"Us? Are you kidding? And run against you? I dunno," Natalie said.

"Yes, c'mon you guys are great! We heard you at the club and you heard the standing applause, you were fab!" AJ commented.

"Ummmm I dunno... what do you think?" Natalie looked at Laryssa, Deanna, and Ann.

"Well, I think we should at least try, if we won’t then someday we're gonna ask ourselves what would have happened if..." Ann said.

"Yeah... you're right,” Deanna said.

"Yeah. Ok, so let's do it!" Laryssa yelled.

"Ok," Natalie agreed.

"Great. So you are going and we are going... we’re all going!" Howie said.

"Yeah Howie... thanks for clearing that up for us..." Brian laughed at him.

"Good so may the best group win," Kevin said putting out his hand for the girls to shake.

"Yes," they all shook it and the other boys' hands.

"Uh oh," Natalie said as the guys went off to practice.

"What?" Ann asked.

"I know how Kevin is... he’s going to take this really seriously, and competitively, and if he does then so will the other guys..." Natalie finished kind of under her breath.

"AND they're going to 'practice' WERE AT A WATERPARK FOR GODSSAKES!" Laryssa agreed, always wanting to just have fun.

"But guys... what if WE took it seriously," Deanna said quietly, "I mean, we weren’t all that bad-- and we did improvise with that song pretty well..."

Ann nodded in agreement, "I actually enjoyed it!"

"Why be so seriously about it though? Let’s just have fun for now... we have lots of time ‘til the contest starts," Laryssa begged.

"But what if we make mistakes on stage? Everyone will laugh at us and worse we won’t get the contract," Natalie added.

"We can make mistakes even if we did practice. So please... we came here to have fun not to practice our butts off," Laryssa whined.

"And also we didn’t need to practice last night and we were great!" Ann said.

"Ok, so let’s just have fun for now and later we'll practice," Natalie said, "Agreed?"

"Agreed," they all said and went to look for the boys to have FUN!

"Ummm... oh where oh where could the BSB be... oh where oh where could they be?" Natalie, Deanna, Ann and Laryssa yelled at they skipped around the water park, looking for them.

"Where the heck are they gonna practice in a water park, anyway?" Laryssa asked.

"Yeah... aren't they afraid of being booed, until they stop singing?" Deanna asked.

"No, if I know Kevin," said Natalie, "He'd put his baseball cap on the ground, and collect money."
Chapter Fifteen by nicksgal
The girls found the boys and had a blast at the Water Park. An hour before the contest was suppose to begin they all went their own ways to practice. After they finished the contest started, they each gave out their all on stage and they were all great. Now it was time for the results:

“Well ladies and gentlemen this was a tough choice as you all can see they were all great but we have to choose one talent here who was the best! So the winner is...” The hostess started.

The girls were so scared they held each other's hands and wished they would say their name, but at the same time wished they would say the boys name cuz they deserved it more than them.

The boys hoped that it would be them and prayed all the way through it that they would hear their name being called as the winner and they would win the record deal.

The hostess muttered some countless amounts of word under her breath, and announced, "The winner is...Nick, Howie, AJ, Kevin, and Brian--the Backdoor-"

Some assistant girl tapped on her shoulders and mentioned that she said their names wrong, and corrected, "The Backstreet Boys...come up here, boys!"

~~~~


*Nick's Point Of View*

“I can't believe it...it's really happening...” Nick thought.

The excitement had overcome his thoughts and feelings at that moment. He glanced over at Deanna, she looked excited, or at least half the excitement or joy he did. If every moment of every hour, of every day, of every month, of year was like this day, it'd truly be the perfect day. The sun was shining differently today, as this would be a brighter day, he knew it inside. The others seemed that way, too, but he was not so sure of what they had reacted to in this situation.

~~~~


*Brian's Point of View*

“Oh my gosh! This can't be happening!” Brian though, “No way! To us?” It's not that Brian didn't believe in himself and the boys, but it did seem like a long shot. I mean, how many people in the world would want them. They weren't exactly "popular" music. But still... Maybe, who knows! He watched Nick hug Deanna. (Ha, ha, ha! Ann, you can't have him! *sticks out tongue for 2nd time* Ha!) Brian wished he had someone to hug onto, but nope. Oh well, they had a more important task at hand! Going up there to receive their prize!

~~~~


*Howie's Point of View*

Howie breathed in the fresh air as he heard the news, and released it out once again. He felt Ann's hand on his shoulder, and began to feel calmer. “I can't believe how far we've gotten. I'm glad Ann's by my side.” He stepped up to the stage near the microphone and stood next to the other guys. They smiled at each other, knowing how lucky they were. Then, he looked at Nick and Deanna as they hugged, their sweet loving embrace. Ann grabbed a rose from another girl’s hand and gave it to him.

"Sorry Howie, I couldn't buy my own, but you deserve this. I love you."

Howie mouthed, "I love you, too."

~~~~


Music from the background from one of the newest song the guys have practiced, "As Long As You Love Me":

I don't care, who you are, where you're from, what you did, as long as you love me.

The boys finished their song and the audience clapped, some girls screamed but not that loud. The boys were just happy that the people clapped for them and acknowledged them.

They got off the stage and each girl ran to hug her man.

"You were awesome guys!" Deanna pointed out.

"Yeah! It was a great show you put out there!" Ann agreed.

"Though we would have done it better," Laryssa teased.

"Thanks for your support Lar," AJ joked.

"So what you guys wanna do now?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know, but I'm kinda hungry" Deanna said.

"Yeah, me too," Brian added.

"So let's go eat," Howie said.

"Alright, just don't forget to put on your hats guys, now that you are "celebrities"" Nat quoted with her hands and laughed.

"Yeah, my boys' a celebrity!" Deanna laughed.

"Where are we gonna eat?" Howie asked.

"Oh I know!!!!" AJ exclaimed.

"Uh... sorry," Natalie disagreed.

"Maybe some other time..." Ann started.

"Yeah," the others agreed.

"Aww man!" AJ exclaimed.

"Oh! I know about this cute little place down the street!" Laryssa exclaimed.

"Really?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, they serve pasta and pizza..." Laryssa started.

"Cool! I'm there!" Nick exclaimed.

And so, they all left for the Italian restaurant.
Chapter Sixteen by nicksgal
An extremely heavy Italian man sat behind the counter of the restaurant. He smelt of all things good-- in food.

Nick glanced at Deanna and smiled, "What are you having, D? I'll pay."

"For me?" Laryssa piped up.

"And me?" Natalie asked.

"Uhh!" Nick stopped the rest from asking, "I've only got a 20 in my wallet and it's for me and my girl D," he winked.

"That was cheesy," Deanna laughed, "but sweet… A bittersweet mixture," she laughed.

"Can I help you?" the man asked in a thick accent to Nick as he walked up closer.

"Go first, D, nothing too, too expensive."

She shot him a dirty look, but laughed, "Nick, when you become rich and famous we're coming back to this fine establishment and you're buying, but for today, I will…"

Nick opened his mouth to protest but stopped himself, "I'll remember you said that."

"Great, cuz then we can get some Italian-Italian food," Deanna laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nick asked.

"I'm assuming we're getting pizza..."

"Yeah, probably...."

"It's become an America franchise."

"Oh...."

"Do you understand?"

"Um... No."

Deanna shook her head.

"We'll have umm.... Ya know what, since I have so much money (wink, wink) I'll pay for everyone. What are we having?"

Ann piped up, "Ummm--I want um, lasagna, with lots of cheese, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and-"

Deanna cut her sentence off, "Ann!!! You can add all the of salt and pepper you want! It's your job, not theirs..."

"Fine," Ann groaned.

Lars laughed, "Ann, you act like my five you old cousin..."

"You mean cute? And nice?" Ann perked up with an innocent smile.

Lars replied, "Uh--more like a pain in the butt--you know annoying..."

Ann glared at Lars, then Lars said, "I was just kidding! Please don't kill me!"

Ann stared at Lars, and then Lars stared back at her.

Natalie was laughing at the fact that Ann and Lars were starting to have a staring contest, but then told the entire group, "I have to go to the bathroom, excuse me!"

Howie rolled his eyes, "Girls, they always have to do their business..."

Nick added, "But you know what they do when they do their "business", they're actually talking about US, and how hot we are..."

Deanna remarked, "In your dreams! We talk about how stupid you look!"

Nick pretended to look hurt, as Deanna whispered to him, "That's what I love about you."

Nick laughed.

Deanna placed a kiss on his cheek.

Howie put on a puppy face.

Nick said, "Aww, Howie, Ann- look how cute he looks like--you oughta give him a kiss..."

Ann wrapped her arms around his body and kissed both cheeks, then one short kiss on the lips, "Is that good enough?"

As his eyes widened, Howie replied, "OH yeah."

Kevin laughed, and murmured to Brian, "Love birds in here..."

Brian said, "I wouldn't be talking here, I've seen you PRETTY close with Natalie..."

Kevin went three color shades of red.

Everybody laughed.

AJ's face saddened, as quiet only stayed within his face.

"What's wrong AJ?" Nick asked him.

"It's...nothing, really," AJ muttered.

Lars stared deeply into his dark brown eyes, "Please tell me, I want to know."

"It's nothing! Please leave me alone." AJ walked towards the bathroom.

Lars was about to chase after him, but Nick grabbed her arm, "He just needs time, whatever he's going through..."

Laryssa sighed.

"You know what'll cheer you up Lars?" Deanna asked.

"What?" Laryssa asked.

"A big Coke and a trip to the bathroom."

Laryssa laughed, "Why?"

"Because, Cokes always cheer you up. Besides, when we go to the bathroom, we can talk about how Nick's ears stick out..."

They laughed.

Nick touched his ears, then moved his hands down.

"My ears don't stick out!" Nick exclaimed.

"He's just in denial," Deanna whispered.

Laryssa laughed.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7856