The price of fame by sorcha
Summary: Lifes never easy and for those in the limelight its sometimes too much but what's the price of fame for this family?
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1867 Read: 767 Published: 06/16/06 Updated: 06/16/06

1. Chapter 1 by sorcha

Chapter 1 by sorcha
Author's Notes:
really dont understand warnings or ratings but this is really up to your discretion, strong language used and suicide.
Written from articles that i read, i wrote this when Aaron was 17.Please R&R.
‘NEWSFLASH’
Today sad news has hit us that Aaron carter has tried to take his own life. The letter that follows is believed to be the last form of contact he left for anyone.
As I stand here and tell you this he is in a coma but doctors are hopeful that he will make a full recovery. It will take some time however for him to be back to normal but please keep the faith that he will come back soon and pray for him and his family.

Uh, uh, some deep shit, uh, uh

My family and me aren’t exactly normal, sure we like to think we are but truth be told we aren’t. Many people will assume I’m talking about our jobs but no we are all down to earth about that or at least we like to think we are; some would disagree mainly those who don’t know us.
We aren’t the typical family for many reasons. The biggest reason were famous.
Yeah-big shock most people are these days, not to sound big headed but you’ve probably heard of me. I’m Aaron Carter; yup I’m one of the infamous Carter’s.
Like I was saying we aren’t normal because of the way our family is structured by that I mean the many problems that seem to find there way to us.

Momma please stop cryin, I can't stand the sound
Your pain is painful and its tearin' me down
I hear glasses breakin as I sit up in my bed
I told dad you didn't mean those nasty things you
said

Take my dad, Bob Carter. A very complicated man, he’s been married three times. First marriage he had one child with so I have a step sister Ginger, second marriage my mom Jane Spaulding there’s five of us including me, Nick (25), Barbara Jean (23), Leslie (19), Angel (17), and me (17).
So then big shock (ha knew it was coming) he divorce’s my mom and marry’s Ginger Elrod and surprise surprise he gets her pregnant so I now have a baby brother called Kanden Brent Carter. Ginger already had a child from her last partner; her little girls name is Taelyn Dobson.
That’s my father for you; now my mother oh that’s a whole other ball game.


You fight about money, bout me and my brother
And this I come home to, this is my shelter
It ain't easy growin up in World War III
Never knowin what love could be, you'll see
I don't want love to destroy me like it has done
my family

Jane Spaulding huh well what can I say about her. She steals yup from her kids we put her were she is then she turns around and takes our money and say’s shit about us to the press. I don’t think she has ever shown us compassion. All she did was put us in the spotlight then it was take, take, take all it has ever been. When she split with my dad she took everything of mine, then she came back one night and broke in to my dads room and fought with my dads new wife I had to pin her down, she kicked me in the head then I had to call the cops on her. Tut not something any body should go through.

Nick my big bro. My mentor. My rule model. My substitute dad. Yep that’s right my substitute dad, after my dad married Ginger and they moved to the Orlando area I moved in with my bro in L.A. he is like a dad to me he looks after us as much as he can.
He has is problems though like being arrested, then again being arrested this time for drink driving, he’s tried drugs, he smokes, and he has horrible taste in women.
I think he has a alcohol problem the thing is he bottles stuff up inside of him and can go for such a long time without saying anything. Although I think he’s getting better.


Can we work it out? Can we be a family?
I promise I'll be better, Mommy I'll do anything
Can we work it out? Can we be a family?
I promise I'll be better, Daddy please don't
leave

Daddy please stop yellin, I can't stand the sound

Make mama stop cryin, cuz I need you around
My mama she loves you, no matter what she says
its true
I know that she hurts you, but remember I love
you, too

Barbara Jean prefers Bobbie Jean or BJ. Well she’s a little trouble maker don’t get me wrong she is great and I love her to bits but the amount of times she’s been arrested its shocking she hasn’t been put in jail yet.
Recently she is being sued along with my bro apparently she tried stabbing Nick’s PA, yeah okay I believe that … not. She’s also suing my sister Leslie over a car. Mmm yep real mature.
She also lives with Nick and me.

I ran away today, ran from the noise, ran away
Don't wanna go back to that place, but don't have
no choice, no way
It ain't easy growin up in World War III
Never knowin what love could be, well I've seen
I don't want love to destroy me like it did my
family

Leslie I don’t see much of her. She was always closer with mom so when mom left she went too. She’s a singer she works really hard, I think she’s always felt a bit left out but now I guess she doesn’t have to feel like that it’s just her and mom. I don’t think mom should manage her though I mean look what she did to Nick and me. Her choice I guess.
I really should make up with my mom I know I could but too be honest I don’t trust her.
It’s almost as if Leslie has run away because we don’t see her anymore.

Can we work it out? Can we be a family?
I promise I'll be better, Mommy I'll do anything
Can we work it out? Can we be a family?
I promise I'll be better, Daddy please don't
leave

Angel my twin, older than me by one minute. She’s very like BJ but doesn’t tend to get into much trouble. She’s a model she’s real good at it too. She comes and sees me on tour every now and then. She is still living with dad but I think she has plans to move in with Nick, BJ, and me.

In our family portrait, we look pretty happy
Let's play pretend, let's act like it comes
naturally
I don't wanna have to split the holidays
I don't want two addresses
I don't want a step-brother anyways
And I don't want my mom to have to change her
last name

In our family portrait we look pretty happy
We look pretty normal, let's go back to that
In our family portrait we look pretty happy
Let's play pretend, act like it goes naturally

Then finally there’s me I’m not going to claim to be perfect because I’m not no one is. I’m not going to claim to be innocent because well I’ve dated a 21 year old and recently had a 7-month relationship so I’ll leave people to their own decisions about that.
I’ll admit I have tried drugs but if you know who I am then you will know what my life has been like. I’m not making excuse’s I’m not saying doing drugs is a good thing, the right thing no I’m just saying why I choose to do it.
I’m sat here looking at these pictures from when my family was together and I’m just remembering those lines from Pink’s song Family portrait:

In our family portrait, we look pretty happy
Let's play pretend, let's act like it comes
naturally
I don't wanna have to split the holidays
I don't want two addresses
I don't want a step-brother anyways
And I don't want my mom to have to change her
last name

In our family portrait we look pretty happy
We look pretty normal, let's go back to that
In our family portrait we look pretty happy
Let's play pretend, act like it goes naturally

But that’s the problem in my family we all pretend everything is perfect nothing bothers us. I have two addresses I have a stepbrother now and my mom has had to change her name back to her maiden name. I don’t even think she’s my mom anymore, I don’t think she ever really has been, sure she was my manager but she stole money from me and has said so much shit about me to the press that’s not what a mother does. She must have cared before she discovered I could sing or Nick could sing because she had us.

In our family portrait we look pretty happy
(Can we work it out? Can we be a family?)
We look pretty normal, let's go back to that
(I promise I'll be better, Mommy I'll do
anything)
In our family portrait we look pretty happy
(Can we work it out? Can we be a family?)
Let's play pretend act and like it comes so
naturally
(I promise I'll be better, Daddy please don't
leave)
In our family portrait we look pretty happy
(Can we work it out? Can we be a family?)
We look pretty normal, let's go back to that
(I promise I'll be better, Daddy please don't
leave)

Daddy don't leave
Daddy don't leave
Daddy don't leave
Turn around please
Remember that the night you left you took my
shining star?
Daddy don't leave
Daddy don't leave
Daddy don't leave
Don't leave us here alone

Mom will be nicer
I'll be so much better, I'll tell my brother
Oh, I won't spill the milk at dinner
I'll be so much better, I'll do everything right
I'll be your little girl forever
I'll go to sleep at night

Bet your all wishing right now that I wasn’t sharing this with you but its important you understand what my life has been like since I began to sing and act. Why I have done the things I’ve done, why I act the way I act. Sometimes I can be in front of someone and just put on the act I have mastered so well why show cracks in the foundation of your soul when you can hide them. Here’s the reasons you need the unhappiness that fame can bring, the struggle, the remorse and the lack of faith that family and love can truly exist within fame.
There are your reasons why I’m doing this, why the price of fame has become too high.

*Pink~family portrait
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7879