You Were Mine by Carter
Summary: Addion's husband, Howie, left her for a client at his work at the recording studio...she is having a hard time getting over him...she cant get over the fact that Howie isnt hers anymore but now is in the arms of someone else.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 2857 Read: 5195 Published: 06/28/06 Updated: 06/28/06

1. Chapter 1 by Carter

2. Chapter 2 by Carter

3. Chapter 3 by Carter

4. Chapter 4 by Carter

5. Chapter 5 by Carter

6. Chapter 6 by Carter

Chapter 1 by Carter
I cant find a reason to let go
Even though you found a new love
And she's what your dreams are made of
And I cant find a reason to hang on
What went wrong can be forgiven
Without you it aint worth living alone


Addison stepped into her newly furnished two bedroom apartment. She just moved in just two weeks before after hwe divorcw with her husband Howie. They had only been married 5 years until Howie had gotten a new job for a new record company . And everything went downhill from there. Howie started to come home late at night, he never wanted to do anything anymore. Addison soon found out he was sleeping with his new client some new pop Britney Spears wanna be then the next thingshe knew her husband was having an affair. No matter how much she tried to get over Howie...the memories and all the heartache that she has has to go through. Addison heard her phone ring she went over and answered the phone "Hello?"


"Hey Addy its Nick"


"Oh hey Nick what's up? I guess its more of what do you want?" she laughed.


"Funny haha well its more of a favor you can do for me...although I DO have a feeling that you probably going to kick my ass but you HAVE to do this for me okay?" Addison couldnt help but think of the worst.


"Should I be worried? Just your plans I guess I dont know back fire?"


"That was only like one time...anyway, I want you to acompany me on a double date. I know what you're thinking BUT she needed a date for her brother and you're single now so I thought PERFECT!"


"Nick I am still technically married. The divorce isnt even finalized yet. Jeez already picking people out for me my gosh.."


"Sorry I thought you should have at least have your options open"


"Nick I know you want me to be happy but right now? I dont think I can move on just yet. Sorry Nicky but that's going to have to be the way it is. Sorry about your date call your sister maybe she would like to go. But it is 'too' soon for me Nick...I'm sorry" Addison explained to Nick.


"Addy you're going to have to get over him sometime, but I suppose it IS a little too early and you aren't ready I guess I understand why you dont want to do this double date thing with me. I guess I'll call BJ and ask her but believe me I will get you" he chuckled.


"Yea, I would REALLY like to see you try."

Chapter 2 by Carter
Sometimes I wake up crying at night
And sometimes I scream out your name
What right does she have to take you away
When for so long you were mine



Addison awoke in the early morning hours from a dream about Howie. Then she soon heard her little boy Zachary coughing. Addison got up and went into his room.


"What's wrong honey?"


"Where's daddy?" Addison looked down at her little boy and frowned she hadn'r told them their daddy was no longer going to be around. How do you explain that to two little kids?


"Daddy is working baby...you'll see him soon I promise. Now go back to sleep please," Zachary laid back down in his crib and fell asleep. Addison knew she wasn't going to get ANY sleep. She looked at the time," 5 am who would be up? I know Nicky would," Addison grabbed the phone and dialed Nick's number.


"Hello?"


"Hi Nick...Sorry I knew you would be up and well I couldnt sleep as usual. And again I knew you would be up."


"Why couldnt you sleep this time?"


"I had a horrible dream, and then Zachary started to cough and he asked for Howie and it just broke my heart Nick" Addison's eyes started to tear up.


"Oh Addy everything is going to be okay I promise Zachary and Emily are going to be all right. You dont need him. He's out of your life how many times do I have to tell you that? He isnt worth your tears Addison. He just isnt worth it. I dont know how I can make you see that. But I am honestly telling you the truth he just aint worth the tears. He's just an asshole, that just gave up on a beautiful life with two wonderful kids and one beautiful wife." Nick said to Addison hoping it would make a difference.


"Thank you Nick I know you feel sorry but dont. I should've seen it Nick. He stayed out for hours on end and would go to 'work' when he never had to go before. Damn bitch why did she have to take him awat from me Nick? Dammit why?"


"Addy you couldnt have seen it. It was just something that happened. You couldnt have prevented it. There was nothing you could've done...nothing!"


"Why did he go? He was mine. All mine and then some stupid Britney Spears wanna be took him away. What does she have that I dont have? Please tell me Nick"


"She doesnt have a loving family and you do. She doesnt have a personality like you do. You are so much better than she is Addy. Howie again is just an asswipe who doesnt give a fuck about anyone...you know what? I think you need to get out today"


"Nick, I just would like to be by myself with my kids"


"No, I aint taking no for an answer either. We are all going out to the zoo for a day of fun...my treat come on Addy I haven't seen the kids forever"


"Fine, I guess we can all go to the zoo"


"Good I will pick you and the kids up at 10 all right?"


"All right I'll see you later bye"


"Bye" Addison put the phone back on the charger.


"Why couldnt you have just stayed Howie? Why?"

Chapter 3 by Carter
I took out all the pictures of our wedding day
It was a time of love and laughter
Happy ever after
But even those old pictures
Have begun to fade
Please tell me she's not real A
And that you're really coming home to stay


Addison, Nick and the kids came home from the zoo.


"Thanks for taking us Nick. I guess that's just what I needed, a day out with you and the kids"


"You're very welcome. See I kow you like an open book"


"Yea, I guess you do." Addison and Nick watched the kids go off into the other room. They walked into the living room.


"Addy can I ask you a question?"


"Sure"


"Why are all of your wedding albums out? I thought I told you to forget about Howie?"


"I just started to think about it this was the time of my life Nick. it was magical...very magical like a fairy tale coming true"


"Yea, it was but I guess after what has happened now what do you think of that fairy tale wedding now?"


"Its begining to fade....I remember it though the dress, Hawaii, the flowers, everything and now its like just a memory, a waste its all down the tube I dont even want to think Nick"


"Then dont"


"I cant help it. We were married for 5 years we have two beautiful children. Poor Zachary keeps asking for his daddy and I dont know what to say to him Nick. I cant even tell Emily. What am I supposed to do? I feel so lost" Addison began to cry.


"You are going to have to tell them the truth Addy.You cant keep telling them lies forever. You will eventually move on and possibly even get a new dad...Addy you just have to tell them the truth"


"I dont want to tell them they'll never see their dad again...I just wish she wasnt real and he was on his way home right now"


"Addison but she IS real and he isnt coming back" just then the phone rang.


"Hello? Oh its you...you want me to come over? Why? There isnt any reason.... you want to talk? Fine I guess I could Okay I'll be there in 10"


"Who was that?"


"Take a guess"


"Howie?"


"Yep can you watch the kids for me Nick? I promise I wont be long"


"Sure tell me what happens when you get back"


"Dont worry you'll hear about it"


"Okay see you later"


"Wait, dont forget to tuck the kids in if I am not home by 8 okay?"


"Gotcha now go" Addison gave Nick a quick hug good-bye, grabbed her purse and was out the door"

Chapter 4 by Carter
Sometimes I wake up crying at night
And sometimes I scream out your name
What right does she have to take you away
When for so long you were mine


Addison arrived at the house she once used to live in. All the memories started to come back. The playground set still sat in the front yeard.


"Come on Addison you can face it you can do anything. He isnt worth your tears. Remember what Nick said," Addison turned off her car and got out and shut the door behind her,' Be brave just hope the little tramp isnt there" Addison walked up to the door and rang the doorbell It felt weird to her ringing it instead of just walking in or not just using her key. The door soon unlocked and there stood Howie.


"Hi Addison you look great come on in"


"Thanks you look great too" she replied.


"So what's going on? How are Zach and Em?"


"Good I guess Zachary has a little cold nothing big. We went to the zoo with Nick earlier"


"Sounds fun. I know you are probably wondering why you are here huh?" she shook her head yes," I need you to sign these as soon as possibe." Howie handed her some papers.


"Why do I need to sign them so soon? Jeez what is so important?" Howie hesitated to answer the question.


"I am sorry you have to find out so soon me and Heather are getting married"


"What?"


"We're getting married. And I cant get married until the divorce is final"


"Jeez you wasted no time in getting married again did you? We were togetjer 5 fucking years Howie. We have two wonderful kids who love you very much and then all the sudden you just decide to run off with some client of yours and waste all the love we had. I thought when we got married it was death do us part does any of that even mean anything to you?"


"God, I am sorry all right? It just wasnt working for me anymore, Addison. We faught all the time. And Heather just happened to come into the picture that's all. I didnt mean for ANY of this to happen I swear"


"Bull shit Howie, everything I guess to you is a mistake. Maybe Nick was right yea you are just an asshole"


"A mistake? Those were the best years of my life"


"How can you just stand there and say that when you ran off with some Britney Spears wanna be and who you are now marrying and we're getting a divorce year best years my ass!" she yelled.


"No need to yell Addison"


"Why not? She took you away from me Howie. You were mine"


"But now I'm not yours Addison I belong to Heather now I'm sorry"


"Why did you do this to me Howie? Why?"


"It just happened really I am sorry. Maybe you should just go Addy take as long as you want to sign them" Addison looked at Howie with her sad eyes and just started to cry.

Chapter 5 by Carter
I couldnt give you two good reasons
To show you loves not blind
He's two and she's four and you know they adore you
So how can I tell them
You've changed your mind


Howie gave Addison a hug.


"Please dont cry I hate it when you cry"


"Well this is all your fault. Howie what about Zachary and Emily? How in the fuck do you expect me to explain it to a two year old and a four year old Howie? They love you so much. Zachary is only two Howie he needs his dad...he asks for you EVERY night and now I have to tell him Oh sorry Zachary daddy is never coming back" Addison sobbed.


"I aint leaving them Addison. We just arent going to be married anymore."


"That makes a diffence Howie. He adors you both of them do...they are daddy's little kids and daddy is now not going to be there anymore to tuck them into bed or tell them bedtime stories. Please tell me Howie I would like to know."


"I am sorry Addison I cant stayed married to you. It just isnt going to work. I dont want to see my kids go through anymore yelling or constantly fighting. Its just making us worse. Addy I dont want to have our children to be seeing any such thing. I am sorry if you feel ANY difference but that is how I feel about the situation we are in right now Addison"


"Fine, I understand....I'll sign the papers now" Addison took a pen out of her purse and signed the divorce papers, "There you go Howie"


"Thanks Addison I apperciate it and be looking for your inviation in the mail. And tell Zachary and Emily that I love them very much and that I will come and see them very soon okay?"


"Okay I will do that so I guess I will see you later?"


"Yes you will come here and give me a hug" Howie wrapped his arms around Addison and kissed her on the cheek.


"Bye Howie" Addison walked out of the house and down to her car.


"Drive carefully" Howie waved from the door. She got into her car and waited for Howie to close the door. She just sat there and started to cry.


"Why did this happen?" she cried," Fuck!" she soon screamed as she started the car," Why is this happening to me? Why fucking dammit why? How do I tell this to the kids at such a young age?"

Chapter 6 by Carter
Sometimes I wake up crying at night
And sometimes I scream out your name
What right does she have to take you away
When for so long you were mine


Addison got home just a little after 9. She walked through door and saw Nick sitting in the chair watching an old rerun of Law & Order Special Vitiums Unit.


"How did it go?" he asked.


"Dont wanna talk about it right now"


"Addy what did Howie say to you? You have to tell me I cant see you like this"


"You really want to know?"


"Of course I do"


"Howie wanted me to sign the divorce papers. Him and Heather are going to be getting married. He's already moved on Nick" Addison started to cry again. Nick got up from his seat and gave her a hug.


"Shh its all right then what happened?"


"I...I just started yelling at him about why was he doing this to me. Asking why did he leave me and his only reason was because we had some arguements about silly little things and then he said she just happened to come into the picture and that he didnt for it to happen. Then he said those were the best years of his life but if they were the best years then why did he leave Nick?"


"What about the kids? What did he say about them? Is he just going to adandon them?"


"Who the fuck knows. I asked him how was I supposed to explain it to them. He wasnt going to leave them but now its all going to be different Zachary or Emily wont have their daddy to tuck them in at night or read them bedtime stories and all he could saw was he didnt want the kids to see us fight anymore...Nick..help me please" Addison sobbed once again looking for the advice from Nick.


"Addison look at me its okay you can take care of the kids...I can help ypu Addy thats no problem they are just as important they call me Uncle Nick for heaven's sake. Addison just listen to me please he aint worth it move on" Nick replied.


"Nick, I know they mean a lot to you...and I very much appericate EVERYTHING you are doing for me go home and get some rest and I will talk to you tomorrow. I need to get my thoughts together"


"Okay I will talk to you tomorrow." Nick gave her one last hug and walked out the door. Addisonwent and sat down on the couch and cried some more. She burried her face into her hands.


"Why did she take you away when for so long you were mine...I remember when you were mine"


Song Credit "You Were Mine" By: Dixie Chicks Album: Fly

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7900